PDA

View Full Version : All borders to reopen.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

jrfsp
3rd Jun 2021, 03:15
So much for 99.99% effective.

"University of Melbourne researchers say there has been one hotel quarantine leak per 204 Covid-19 infected travellers"

https://www.news.com.au/national/univeristy-of-melbourne-researchers-say-there-has-been-one-hotel-quarantine-leak-per-204-covid19-infected-travellers/news-story/951cb9b018cc47b11bf681c0a2651be6

ruprecht
3rd Jun 2021, 03:35
So much for 99.99% effective.

"University of Melbourne researchers say there has been one hotel quarantine leak per 204 Covid-19 infected travellers"

https://www.news.com.au/national/univeristy-of-melbourne-researchers-say-there-has-been-one-hotel-quarantine-leak-per-204-covid19-infected-travellers/news-story/951cb9b018cc47b11bf681c0a2651be6

So.... 99.5% effective?

jrfsp
3rd Jun 2021, 03:38
So.... 99.5% effective?

We wouldn't be flying if engines had a 0.5% failure rate.

C441
3rd Jun 2021, 03:48
Add in the non-Covid infected passengers and 99.9% effective is looking pretty reasonable….

Dannyboy39
3rd Jun 2021, 06:35
Jesus... are you really looking at it like this?

Cafe City
4th Jun 2021, 01:07

What a ridiculous analogy. Do you even get out of bed in the morning??

AerialPerspective
4th Jun 2021, 01:08
So.... 99.5% effective?

Yeh, I saw that statement in Parliament and thought to myself he better have the exact figures to back that up or he's just misled parliament and should resign.

I never watch the whackos on Sky normally but they had an interesting guy on the other day, he's an expert in demographics and he pointed out one of the potential reasons that NSW, who also has hotel quarantine, hasn't had the number or size of outbreaks that Victoria has - having lived in both cities I think he's got a point, saying that Sydney with the bulk of New South Wales' population is basically like a set of regions separated by sunken rivers, the harbour, etc. so it is not as common or as 'easy' to move around between suburbs or rather, there's not a tendency to do so with places like the northern beaches and Sutherland, etc. being almost peninsula's surrounded by rivers. In contrast, Melbourne/Vic is (to use his analogy) is like a 'fried egg', it has a centre and splays out flat in every direction with parallel roads and very few rivers or any natural barriers as such being more contiguous so the tendency is for one community to spill over into another, etc. in their daily activities, facilitating greater spreading opportunities for things like COVID.

He compared NSW and Victoria because they have similar size populations. It would be interesting to go back and see if the spread of Spanish Flu was more severe in Melbourne in the 20s than Sydney. I believe he excludes places like Perth from his analysis because WA has a vast natural barrier from other States and Adelaide/SA for similar reasons and because it's small.

Foxxster
4th Jun 2021, 03:11
Yeh, I saw that statement in Parliament and thought to myself he better have the exact figures to back that up or he's just misled parliament and should resign.

I never watch the whackos on Sky normally but they had an interesting guy on the other day, he's an expert in demographics and he pointed out one of the potential reasons that NSW, who also has hotel quarantine, hasn't had the number or size of outbreaks that Victoria has - having lived in both cities I think he's got a point, saying that Sydney with the bulk of New South Wales' population is basically like a set of regions separated by sunken rivers, the harbour, etc. so it is not as common or as 'easy' to move around between suburbs or rather, there's not a tendency to do so with places like the northern beaches and Sutherland, etc. being almost peninsula's surrounded by rivers. In contrast, Melbourne/Vic is (to use his analogy) is like a 'fried egg', it has a centre and splays out flat in every direction with parallel roads and very few rivers or any natural barriers as such being more contiguous so the tendency is for one community to spill over into another, etc. in their daily activities, facilitating greater spreading opportunities for things like COVID.

He compared NSW and Victoria because they have similar size populations. It would be interesting to go back and see if the spread of Spanish Flu was more severe in Melbourne in the 20s than Sydney. I believe he excludes places like Perth from his analysis because WA has a vast natural barrier from other States and Adelaide/SA for similar reasons and because it's small.

sounds like a load of bollocks. If he doesn’t think people move around in Sydney the man is an imbecile or an academic completely out of touch with reality.

We have also only had about 6 days of lockdown in Sydney versus over 100 in Melbourne. Lot more moving around in Sydney.

minigundiplomat
4th Jun 2021, 03:33
AZ costs €1.8 per jab, Pfizer is between €16 and €20. That’s the reason the media tell you AZ cause blood clots but Pfizer doesn’t.

2 shots per person in Australia €95m for AZ

2 shots per person in Australia €800m for Pfizer

And why is each new strain in Sicktoria more deadly and more infectious? Last lockdown was because of the deadly and highly infectious UK strain which seems to be fairy benign now, compared to why the deadly and highly infectious Indian strain...
and not the weak as sh1t kappa strain, they’ve escalated to the killer mutant deadly Delta strain now

It will be the the lethal Antarctic strain next week

Foxxster
4th Jun 2021, 03:57
AZ costs €1.8 per jab, Pfizer is between €16 and €20. That’s the reason the media tell you AZ cause blood clots but Pfizer doesn’t.

2 shots per person in Australia €95m for AZ

2 shots per person in Australia €800m for Pfizer

And why is each new strain in Sicktoria more deadly and more infectious? Last lockdown was because of the deadly and highly infectious UK strain which seems to be fairy benign now, compared to why the deadly and highly infectious Indian strain...
and not the weak as sh1t kappa strain, they’ve escalated to the killer mutant deadly Delta strain now

It will be the the lethal Antarctic strain next week

thats Pfizer’s special pandemic pricing. Their ongoing pricing is significantly more than that. And already and as well all knew or suspected, the UK are mentioning the need for booster Pfizer shots to combat the variants. These will no doubt be priced at their post pandemic pricing. Worldwide, if Pfizer only give 1 billion booster shots per year, …. Ongoing for who knows how long, forever like the flu shots probably..

Amid the high-stakes fight against COVID-19, a company at the forefront of the vaccine effort is laying plans to hike prices after the crisis. A top Pfizer exec said the drugmaker aims to charge more after the "pandemic pricing environment," and an influential analyst says the company could be eying prices 3 to 4 times higher.

On an earnings call (https://s21.q4cdn.com/317678438/files/doc_financials/2020/q4/PFE-USQ_Transcript_2021-02-02.pdf) earlier this month, Chief Financial Officer Frank D’Amelio said that “obviously,” the company is “going to get more on price” after the “pandemic pricing environment." He was speaking in response to Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Jason Zemansky, who asked the management team about how profit margins for the program could change over time.

In short, D’Amelio explained that Pfizer expects its COVID vaccine margins to improve. Under one pandemic supply deal, Pfizer is charging the U.S. $19.50 per dose, D'Amelio said, which is “not a normal price like we typically get for a vaccine—$150, $175 per dose. So, pandemic pricing.”

AerialPerspective
4th Jun 2021, 08:29
sounds like a load of bollocks. If he doesn’t think people move around in Sydney the man is an imbecile or an academic completely out of touch with reality.

We have also only had about 6 days of lockdown in Sydney versus over 100 in Melbourne. Lot more moving around in Sydney.

He wasn’t saying that no one moves around in Sydney - he was saying as I stated that Melbourne is more contiguous than Sydney, it doesn’t have the natural barriers that provide some degree of isolation for groups of suburbs.

If you think he’s an ‘imbecile’ then perhaps post your qualifications in demographics.

t_cas
4th Jun 2021, 10:52

That pretty much supports the theory.

compressor stall
4th Jun 2021, 11:45
The other factor in the downstream relative cost of the vaccines is the Pf needs certain storage conditions, then mixing and strictly documented time controls during the jab day.
AZ you just get from the fridge and poke.

AerialPerspective
4th Jun 2021, 12:08
That pretty much supports the theory.

Precisely what I was trying to indicate. Having lived in both cities for more than a decade each time, when I lived in Sydney and looked to go out with friends, we didn't go to the Northern Beaches, we might once in a while, whereas if a friend asked me out to lunch (absent a lockdown of course) on the other side of Melbourne from where I live, I wouldn't think twice as it's easy to get to with lots of interconnecting roads that are easy to remember and navigate because virtually everything's on a grid. That means that suburb A, has direct contact with suburb B and like a domino, people from B have exposure to suburb C and then D and so on. In Sydney/NSW, you get to D and there's a river or a harbor so there's a natural barrier which is why I think the theory has merit as it makes sense.

The other factor cited, not as strong as the other element but would have an effect is that Sydney's migrant/ethnic communities tend to be cohesive and centred on one area. In Melbourne this has never been the case, yeh, there are small pockets of concentration, but mostly, the communities are very diverse with no tendency toward 'enclaves' such as Sydney. Another reason interaction between communities is different to Melbourne.

aviation_enthus
4th Jun 2021, 18:05
Precisely what I was trying to indicate. Having lived in both cities for more than a decade each time, when I lived in Sydney and looked to go out with friends, we didn't go to the Northern Beaches, we might once in a while, whereas if a friend asked me out to lunch (absent a lockdown of course) on the other side of Melbourne from where I live, I wouldn't think twice as it's easy to get to with lots of interconnecting roads that are easy to remember and navigate because virtually everything's on a grid. That means that suburb A, has direct contact with suburb B and like a domino, people from B have exposure to suburb C and then D and so on. In Sydney/NSW, you get to D and there's a river or a harbor so there's a natural barrier which is why I think the theory has merit as it makes sense.

The other factor cited, not as strong as the other element but would have an effect is that Sydney's migrant/ethnic communities tend to be cohesive and centred on one area. In Melbourne this has never been the case, yeh, there are small pockets of concentration, but mostly, the communities are very diverse with no tendency toward 'enclaves' such as Sydney. Another reason interaction between communities is different to Melbourne.

You all fell for the classic “look over there!!” ploy from the Victorian government…

All this arguing about movement in Sydney vs Melbourne ignores the massive differences in contact tracing capabilities (no organised QR system) or the fact that Victoria has had 3 seperate inquiries into HQ.

However both states have had to deal with incompetence on the Federal level. It’s just that NSW appear to have a better state government at an operational level anyway.

The last “snap lockdown” was also due to a “highly virulent strain”. The lockdown last year was blamed on everything including the fact it spread easier in Victoria vs the rest of the world… There’s a trend here in the political spin. Don’t fall for it!!

SHVC
4th Jun 2021, 19:49
Victoria is looking for an excuse, firstly blaming S.A not sure why it’s their fault and now they’re saying the recent guy picked the virus’s up in NSW. Victoria has been 10 steps behind ever since this pandemic started DA and his Gov are incompetent. But I’m sure Vic will vote them back in.

AerialPerspective
4th Jun 2021, 20:37
You all fell for the classic “look over there!!” ploy from the Victorian government…

All this arguing about movement in Sydney vs Melbourne ignores the massive differences in contact tracing capabilities (no organised QR system) or the fact that Victoria has had 3 seperate inquiries into HQ.

However both states have had to deal with incompetence on the Federal level. It’s just that NSW appear to have a better state government at an operational level anyway.

The last “snap lockdown” was also due to a “highly virulent strain”. The lockdown last year was blamed on everything including the fact it spread easier in Victoria vs the rest of the world… There’s a trend here in the political spin. Don’t fall for it!!

Seriously????

if NSW (albeit thrown under the bus by Dutton) hadn’t allowed hundreds of passengers off a ship through absolute incompetence who then spread the virus nationwide we likely would never had been in this situation.

It’s nothing more than arrogance on the part of NSW to say “Nothing to see here, somebody else’s problem/fault”.

SHVC
4th Jun 2021, 21:00
Seriously????

if NSW (albeit thrown under the bus by Dutton) hadn’t allowed hundreds of passengers off a ship through absolute incompetence who then spread the virus nationwide we likely would never had been in this situation.

It’s nothing more than arrogance on the part of NSW to say “Nothing to see here, somebody else’s problem/fault”.

Ruby princess is irrelevant now to the virus spread, Australia has gone many weeks covid free not one can be linked to it. also this happened very early and governments state and federal didn't know what they were doing. a ruby princess could of happened anywhere in the country at that time.

goodonyamate
4th Jun 2021, 21:27
Rubbish.

nothing in the current situation is in anyway related to the ruby princess (yes, a fail…)

you might even say that the ruby princess debacle is what allowed NSW to work out how to handle this. There can be no argument that NSW has balanced COVID health with the economy and other health better than any state so far. They actually took the view that we are Australia, a country, not a series of countries run by dictators.

be parochial if you like. I prefer the ‘we are one country’ approach to that of the power hungry dictators.

Tucknroll
4th Jun 2021, 23:03
Rubbish.

nothing in the current situation is in anyway related to the ruby princess (yes, a fail…)

you might even say that the ruby princess debacle is what allowed NSW to work out how to handle this. There can be no argument that NSW has balanced COVID health with the economy and other health better than any state so far. They actually took the view that we are Australia, a country, not a series of countries run by dictators.

be parochial if you like. I prefer the ‘we are one country’ approach to that of the power hungry dictators.

Everyone, including those states that you seem to think are dictators, is advocating for a centralized federally run quarantine system.
The inconsistencies in approach aren’t the states’ fault. You’re directing your anger at the wrong level of government.

cloudsurfng
4th Jun 2021, 23:08
Everyone, including those states that you seem to think are dictators, is advocating for a centralized federally run quarantine system.
The inconsistencies in approach aren’t the states’ fault. You’re directing your anger at the wrong level of government.

i agree the federal govt has failed in the quarantine area. That’s one area. When there are community cases, there is nothing the feds can do. McGowan has made it clear he will ‘always reserve the right to shut ‘his’ border at a moments notice’. When the international border does open, I can already see that idiot still causing chaos domestically.

so yes, while the feds have failed on the quarantine front, the dictators will continue to fail on the border control front.

not so sure the ruby princess can be seen as anything positive though!!

SHVC
4th Jun 2021, 23:48
Ruby Princess is irrelevant now. That could of happened anywhere in an Australian port. But it did happen in NSW and look at how NSW has handled Covid, wether you like it or not agree or not NSW is the best in Australia at managing covid. NSW still takes the lions share of international arrivals with minimal HQ outbreaks, VIC is doing 2/5s of F&@k all with international and still can’t handle HQ. What makes everyone think they will be able to manage off site quarantine facilities any better.

minigundiplomat
5th Jun 2021, 06:06
Is Melbourne still the worlds most liveable city?

A320 Flyer
5th Jun 2021, 13:02

Not from where I’m sitting…..

AerialPerspective
5th Jun 2021, 14:29

"51. Legislative Powers of the Parliament.

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to:
(ix) quarantine;

..."

s51 defines anything that is NOT a State responsibility.

End of argument.

Connie Wings
5th Jun 2021, 15:23
A question regarding those flight crews who have taken the AstraZeneca shots: are there any consequence or penalty from FAA regarding their activities, since FDA has not allowed or recognized the AZ vaccine in the US yet (there are thousands who live outside the US, who have already taken the AZ shots) ?

Connie Wings
5th Jun 2021, 15:30
I got a question: Will FAA accept pilots taking AZ or other vaccines’ brand other than those only accepted by FDA ? Thousands of FAA License pilots live abroad.

WingNut60
5th Jun 2021, 15:57

I'm not sure that it ever was.
Most of those surveys are very suss at any time ....
Sort of like the GT poll for world's best airline.

But if you still want to compare it with it's normal rivals it is probably still well up there.

Vancouver 183 new cases yesterday, Osaka 226, Calgary 244 coming off a recent peak of 2211, etc, etc

SHVC
5th Jun 2021, 21:13
Recent peak in those cities of over 2000 a day you mention, what has changed there to drop below 300 a day? I see they’re not locked up like caged animals.

WingNut60
5th Jun 2021, 22:00
Recent peak in those cities of over 2000 a day you mention, what has changed there to drop below 300 a day? I see they’re not locked up like caged animals.
Moving back into summer, amongst other things.

SHVC
5th Jun 2021, 22:29
Moving back into summer, amongst other things.

I don't think so, U.S.A debunked that that theory that C-19 does not thrive in the heat as they had regular 6 figure deaths and cases daily during their summer.

Do these countries have high vaccine uptake?

WingNut60
5th Jun 2021, 22:48
I don't think so, U.S.A debunked that that theory that C-19 does not thrive in the heat as they had regular 6 figure deaths and cases daily during their summer.

Do these countries have high vaccine uptake?
Better than Australia, but that's not hard.
With a personal link to Calgary (a most livable contender) I can assure you that they have not been restriction free - see following graph.
And that included inter-provincial travel restrictions (to Vancouver, another contender).

The following are both interesting - or, they are to me.

3,013,555 vaccine doses have been administered in Alberta, including Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-Oxford.
66 per cent of Alberta's population of those ages 12 and up have now received at least one dose of vaccine.
502,833 Albertans are fully immunized (two doses).
Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, said the vaccines have proven even more effective than expected.
The province says 96 per cent of cases since Jan. 1, 2021 were contracted by people who were unvaccinated or who were diagnosed within two weeks from having a first dose of vaccine.
Just 0.2 per cent of Albertans who have received their first dose of vaccine have been diagnosed with COVID-19 two weeks or more after receiving the shot. Over that same period, 93 per cent of the people who needed hospital care were either not vaccinated or were diagnosed with infection within two weeks of receiving their first dose.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/720x436/alberta_a5af3a4b5e8e16245bd0e75c989aadfe453558a2.jpg

Ladloy
6th Jun 2021, 04:34
Good to see the feds finally funding quarantine facilities albeit kicking and screaming.

ScepticalOptomist
6th Jun 2021, 04:37
I'm not sure that it ever was.
Most of those surveys are very suss at any time ....
Sort of like the GT poll for world's best airline.

But if you still want to compare it with it's normal rivals it is probably still well up there.

Vancouver 183 new cases yesterday, Osaka 226, Calgary 244 coming off a recent peak of 2211, etc, etc

Case numbers mean bugger all when they are vaccinated. How many of those cases had symptoms? How many needed treatment?
If they’re vaccinated, it will be close to zero - THAT’S the important bit!

PoppaJo
6th Jun 2021, 05:26
Why is Melbourne in lockdown with 2 cases?

WingNut60
6th Jun 2021, 06:06
Case numbers mean bugger all when they are vaccinated. How many of those cases had symptoms? How many needed treatment?
If they’re vaccinated, it will be close to zero - THAT’S the important bit!
Not sure about the others, but in Calgary, eight died yesterday.
That's quite important to a lot of people too.

ScepticalOptomist
6th Jun 2021, 06:59
Not sure about the others, but in Calgary, eight died yesterday.
That's quite important to a lot of people too.

Of course - no death should be taken lightly. Every life is precious.

I do wonder how many people died in Calgary total that day - from all the other diseases. I’ll wager it was more than 8.

How many in Canada are vaccinated?

That nuance is important to a lot of us too.

6th Jun 2021, 07:07
s51 defines anything that is NOT a State responsibility.

End of argument.
The Feds are responsible for quarantine, no argument.
But the States are responsible for health directions within States. The Feds have no say over the States CMOs.
The States and NT did freely sign up to manage the quarantine facilities.
Why do the Vic, SA and WA keep COVID positive people in medi-hotels instead of a COVID ward in a hospital as I believe happens in Qld?
If positives detected in HQ are not then heled in HQ, then the HQ cannot leak.

minigundiplomat
6th Jun 2021, 08:19
Why is Melbourne in lockdown with 2 cases?

Because it’s twinned with Pyongyang.

galdian
6th Jun 2021, 10:02
Because it’s twinned with Pyongyang.

Be careful suspect that might be a creeping assumption your making! := ;)

Fonz121
7th Jun 2021, 01:29
Annastacia just got herself the Pfizer jab, despite being over 50, because "I have to go to the olympics".

C441
7th Jun 2021, 02:10
Annastacia just got herself the Pfizer jab, despite being over 50, because "I have to go to the olympics".
And the Chief Health Officer? I wonder too where the Premier will do her post-Olympics Quarantine ?

AerialPerspective
7th Jun 2021, 02:49
The Feds are responsible for quarantine, no argument.
But the States are responsible for health directions within States. The Feds have no say over the States CMOs.
The States and NT did freely sign up to manage the quarantine facilities.
Why do the Vic, SA and WA keep COVID positive people in medi-hotels instead of a COVID ward in a hospital as I believe happens in Qld?
If positives detected in HQ are not then heled in HQ, then the HQ cannot leak.

Good point but I suspect it was more a case of the Commonwealth saying "We're not doing so you'll have to" - it's no different in terms of dodging their responsibility as in "I don't hold a hose" and "We didn't do anything because the States never asked us for help" (he says, as half the bloody country is on fire).

Politics/Party aside, every government has stuff ups but this Fed Govt (i.e. the PM) spouts any BS to get out from under, laced with weasel words such as cohort, going forward, seeking to do something, in the such and such space, then does nothing, then when it turns to crap, blames someone else.

If I remember correctly, the evacuees from Wuhan initially, were taken to Xmas Island and quarantined - how many of them spread Covid into the community. I heard MANY stories at the time of people arriving at international terminals throughout the country no checks whatsoever were undertaken - airports are a Commonwealth responsibility. HQ was only ever intended as a stop-gap. Sure, several states have had some cock ups, Victoria isn't alone, WA had something similar but were lucky that it didn't lead to a second wave.

All in all though, overall, even with lock-downs, we're in a far better place than most other countries (except perhaps NZ).

rattman
7th Jun 2021, 05:26

Everyone going to olympics is getting pfizer unless they have already had the the first AZ shot. Its 12 weeks between the AZ shots and only 6 between pfizer

But hey dont let the facts get in the way of your rant

1A_Please
7th Jun 2021, 05:38
Everyone going to olympics is getting pfizer unless they have already had the the first AZ shot. Its 12 weeks between the AZ shots and only 6 between pfizer

She could have had the first A-Z shot weeks ago. Her arguments why she didn't do not hold water. Her example to the people of Qld is terrible.

turbantime
7th Jun 2021, 06:23

Pfizer is 3 weeks between doses.

Fonz121
7th Jun 2021, 06:25

Oh please... she quite clearly hasn't wanted to get the AZ jab from the get go. First she used the excuse that she's waiting for the flu jab, and now that's changed to "...in the event..." that she goes to the Olympics. If she didn't have that little excuse I'm sure she would have held off until the Pfizer supply was adequate enough for the over 50's in Oct.

Why's she even going to the Olympics? Potential Brisbane bid announcement? Hardly a reason to leave the country in this supposed state of emergency she has us in. Hell, crew can't even get back from Melbourne right now without being forced into two weeks quarantine thanks to her.

1A_Please
7th Jun 2021, 07:07
Oh please... she quite clearly hasn't wanted to get the AZ jab from the get go. First she used the excuse that she's waiting for the flu jab, and now that's changed to "...in the event..." that she goes to the Olympics. If she didn't have that little excuse I'm sure she would have held off until the Pfizer supply was adequate enough for the over 50's in Oct.

Why's she even going to the Olympics? Potential Brisbane bid announcement? Hardly a reason to leave the country in this supposed state of emergency she has us in. Hell, crew can't even get back from Melbourne right now without being forced into two weeks quarantine thanks to her.
Her excuses are pathetic. She could have had the A-Z vaccine 10 weeks ago and still have had the flu vax in the meantime. Now she brings up a dog bite and that she may have to go to Olympics which sounds like rubbish. The PM is not going and neither should she.

LapSap
7th Jun 2021, 07:21
Her excuses are pathetic. She could have had the A-Z vaccine 10 weeks ago and still have had the flu vax in the meantime. Now she brings up a dog bite and that she may have to go to Olympics which sounds like rubbish. The PM is not going and neither should she.

Hey, common. How else is she supposed to announce the squandering of a few Billion on something we don't want, while the Health Dept is reportedly 600 Million in the red and going backwards, unless she goes on the junket?
Be reasonable...:yuk:

Ditto re the absolute BS reasons why she and the chihuahua couldn't have started their vaccinations earlier. Absolute wank.

rattman
7th Jun 2021, 07:30
Maybe you should be looking at your govt how they have managed to **** up their quarantine hotels 3 times. Funny that you are having a go at another government. but your pathetic excuse of a government keeps ******* up and expects everyone else to bail them out

Foxxster
7th Jun 2021, 09:08
Seems like this super super contagious Indian variant, yes I will still call it the Indian variant of the WuHu lab flu is not really that contagious. And is mostly confined to the north west of Melbourne despite some pseudo demographer telling us all that things spread more in Melbourne than Sydney due to its typography despite providing no evidence at all. Apparently Sydney Siders all stay within shouting distance of their homes or something because we aren’t able to cross rivers or the harbour. Another expert trying to keep his name out there no doubt as his corporate speaking gigs must have dried up.

https://youtu.be/PBCY6i4ZUd4

Ladloy
7th Jun 2021, 10:55
Seems like this super super contagious Indian variant, yes I will still call it the Indian variant of the WuHu lab flu is not really that contagious. And is mostly confined to the north west of Melbourne despite some pseudo demographer telling us all that things spread more in Melbourne than Sydney due to its typography despite providing no evidence at all. Apparently Sydney Siders all stay within shouting distance of their homes or something because we aren’t able to cross rivers or the harbour. Another expert trying to keep his name out there no doubt as his corporate speaking gigs must have dried up.

lol sky news

Tucknroll
7th Jun 2021, 13:03

Before having a go at experts, you may want to check your own typography.

blubak
7th Jun 2021, 21:46
100% correct,what influence will she have over there?? NONE.
She is wasting more money that she doesnt have & when she comes back(hopefully she wont) she will be using up a place in a quarantine facility(i presume she will abide by her own rules for returning overseas residents).
Her example of leadership is disgusting.

Dannyboy39
7th Jun 2021, 22:23

Is she going to quarantine for 2 weeks? Or is she going to use the diplomatic exemptions every country has? Politicians the only group in the world who have no problems with travel right now.

Foxxster
7th Jun 2021, 22:30
Before having a go at experts, you may want to check your own typography.
very good.

topography.. and he is no expert. Experts provide evidence to support what they think. So it is not just what they think. He provides nothing. No analysis of any of the outbreaks in Melbourne to back his thinking.

as do average commute times and lengths for Melbourne and Sydney which are almost identical. So all those rivers and harbours etc don’t seem to affect our ability to commute equally long distances as people in Melbourne.

compressor stall
7th Jun 2021, 22:33
as do average commute times and lengths for Melbourne and Sydney which are almost identical. So all those rivers and harbours etc don’t seem to affect our ability to commute equally long distances as people in Melbourne.

Commute time does not equal commute distance.

Foxxster
7th Jun 2021, 22:33

isn’t it odd that these Labor premiers are so easily able to lie. It’s almost default behaviour. Andrews lies in that enquiry about hotel quarantine even when there is evidence of emails being sent to him he apparently never got them. Now the chook lies about the vaccine showing wonderful leadership. I hope nobody is wondering why many over 50 are reluctant to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca. They have every right to be given the chooks obvious reluctance.

Foxxster
7th Jun 2021, 22:34
Commute time does not equal commute distance.
commute time AND LENGHT.

AerialPerspective
8th Jun 2021, 01:23
isn’t it odd that these Labor premiers are so easily able to lie. It’s almost default behaviour. Andrews lies in that enquiry about hotel quarantine even when there is evidence of emails being sent to him he apparently never got them. Now the chook lies about the vaccine showing wonderful leadership. I hope nobody is wondering why many over 50 are reluctant to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca. They have every right to be given the chooks obvious reluctance.

I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.

Foxxster
8th Jun 2021, 02:21
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.

didn’t need to be mentioned.

please tell us when the nsw premier received her first AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact she received her SECOND one last week.

you forgot to mention that little fact.

Chronic Snoozer
8th Jun 2021, 08:59
very good.

topography.. and he is no expert. Experts provide evidence to support what they think.

Expert. Ex = has been. xpert (spurt) = drip under pressure.

Buster Hyman
8th Jun 2021, 12:46
Could’ve sworn that I’ve seen bridges in Sydney.:confused:

WingNut60
8th Jun 2021, 23:34
The 12 weeks represents a strategy to optimise coverage in a large population.
It was never the originally announced inter-shot interval.

If she could use her position to wrangle a Pfizer shot while not entitled to it then she could just as easily have wrangled a 2nd A-Z shot at a much reduced interval so she could attend the "barren Olympics"

............Therefore an interval of 21–28 days (3–4 weeks) between doses is recommended by WHO. Depending on the vaccine, the interval may be extended for up to 42 days – or even up to 12 weeks for some vaccines – on the basis of current evidence.

ozbiggles
9th Jun 2021, 01:44
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.

WingNut60
9th Jun 2021, 02:27
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.

1A_Please
9th Jun 2021, 02:40
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
Correct and the fact she didn't understand this beforehand shows how out of touch she obviously is.

9th Jun 2021, 04:33

Apparently all the "Front Line" which including politicians in Qld were offered the jab weeks ago. That included the Lord Mayor of Brisbane who took up the offer.

Ladloy
9th Jun 2021, 04:36
so did scomo..

Foxxster
9th Jun 2021, 04:54
so did scomo..

scomo only took it (Pfizer) because that was all that was available at the time. He also took it before the blood clotting issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine became apparent.

he set an example,,led from the front in being vaccinated at the first opportunity. He was vaccinated on Sunday 21 February.

Australia has doubled its coronavirus vaccine stocks after hundreds of thousands of doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were flown into Sydney on Sunday.

The federal government says it hopes the new vaccine will be going into people's arms from Monday, March 8.What happened on Sunday?Three hundred thousand doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab arrived from overseas on a plane which landed at Sydney airport.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/300000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-arrive-australia

jrfsp
9th Jun 2021, 05:32
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

ozbiggles
9th Jun 2021, 05:49
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.

jrfsp
9th Jun 2021, 05:55
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

Im not blaming NSW, but unfortunately people cant be trusted to do the right thing.

VIC has two land borders, SA had implemented a hard border with police check points at its border crossings, NSW has not and this is the consequence of trusting people to stay home. I hope throw the book at them.

ozbiggles
9th Jun 2021, 06:02
I agree throw the book at them. It is a lot easier to monitor the border between SA and VIC compared to VIC and NSW. There are 4 major crossing points between SA and VIC, multiply that by 25 for VIC and NSW. It is about the same multiplication factor for back roads.

Hopefully they will be made to pay, but it won't be enough.

Foxxster
9th Jun 2021, 06:03
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

and people don’t want jail as a possible penalty for breaking quarantine or lockdown.

I would be very happy for her to receive at least five years. Given the last Melbourne lockdown cost around a billion dollars. Given the possibility of her infecting others who could have ended up dead or with ongoing health issues from long covid.

but we all know at most they will receive a fine, perhaps a few thousand dollars at the very most. Pathetic

jrfsp
9th Jun 2021, 06:08
I agree throw the book at them. It is a lot easier to monitor the border between SA and VIC compared to VIC and NSW. There are 4 major crossing points between SA and VIC, multiply that by 25 for VIC and NSW. It is about the same multiplication factor for back roads.

Hopefully they will be made to pay, but it won't be enough.

Yes the NSW border is about 4 times the length which a huge number of crossing and police resourcing would be huge, but im guessing it was done last year? Its just so frustrating that domestic travel constantly seems to be taking two steps forward and one step back - i was ranting.

I hope they jail them, but chance would be a fine thing.

Chris2303
9th Jun 2021, 06:34
Yes the NSW border is about 4 times the length which a huge number of crossing and police resourcing would be huge,

Why use Police?

Just use the military with loaded firearms

Ladloy
9th Jun 2021, 08:34
scomo only took it (Pfizer) because that was all that was available at the time. He also took it before the blood clotting issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine became apparent.

he set an example,,led from the front in being vaccinated at the first opportunity. He was vaccinated on Sunday 21 February.

Australia has doubled its coronavirus vaccine stocks after hundreds of thousands of doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were flown into Sydney on Sunday.

The federal government says it hopes the new vaccine will be going into people's arms from Monday, March 8.What happened on Sunday?Three hundred thousand doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab arrived from overseas on a plane which landed at Sydney airport.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/300000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-arrive-australia
He jumped the queue and took it from frontline medical and quarantine workers. This was also at the same time AZ's effectiveness was being questioned

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/08/oxford-covid-vaccine-10-effective-south-african-variant-study

Fonz121
9th Jun 2021, 11:40
I hate Morrison with a passion (his politics anyway), but I think he did the right thing as far as vaccines go. He was in a world where Pfizer and AZ were roughly equals and all we had on hand was Pfizer. He took the Pfizer vaccine to set an example about getting the vaccine in general.

Annastacia on the other hand..... Very disappointing leadership.

blubak
9th Jun 2021, 22:35

These people that continually think the law doesnt apply to them need to take a hard look at themselves.
No denying that governments have stuffed up but how selfish & self centred are these offenders that continually believe they are outside rules put in place.
Many will now use the human rights excuse & any other movement they can latch onto to tell us they dont have to comply.
As you say,how can every border be 100% covered by armed guards!
Absolutely blame the government for their stuff ups but why go soft on these morons who believe they are outside any rule or restriction put in place.
I would guess shes an anti vaxxer too.

SHVC
9th Jun 2021, 23:53
Well now the partner has tested positive, so here we go again.

blubak
10th Jun 2021, 00:17
Well now the partner has tested positive, so here we go again.
Have heard too that a family of 3 or 4 have travelled to NZ by an unapproved means,they have been caught & are in quarantine & paying out of their own pocket & police are looking at laying charges,they never learn,probably didnt understand the rules🙄

LapSap
10th Jun 2021, 01:04
Have heard too that a family of 3 or 4 have travelled to NZ by an unapproved means,they have been caught & are in quarantine & paying out of their own pocket & police are looking at laying charges,they never learn,probably didnt understand the rules🙄

ha yeh, YES NO boxes..... ohhhh, sorry , I didn’t understand the question.

C441
10th Jun 2021, 01:53
These people that continually think the law doesnt apply to them need to take a hard look at themselves.
No denying that governments have stuffed up but how selfish & self centred are these offenders that continually believe they are outside rules put in place.

FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.
————————————————
Right on cue! :p
It appears that the couple may have been eligible for an exemption but didn't apply…...

Chronic Snoozer
10th Jun 2021, 02:02
FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

kingRB
10th Jun 2021, 02:58
Many will now use the human rights excuse & any other movement they can latch onto to tell us they dont have to comply.
As you say,how can every border be 100% covered by armed guards!

why do you need armed guards? do we shoot dissenters on sight or is it just a deterrence thing

ozbiggles
10th Jun 2021, 03:00
Luv Monty

However it is a fair cop as they may have had an reason to leave but, with that exemption to leave and more importantly approvals to enter would have come numerous obligations (which many in this village think are an affront to anyone in aviation) regarding method of travel, testing and restrictions. The correct health/government restriction have not been followed to minimise the risk and now we find ourselves in a 3 state cluster phuck. I do admire how the QLD CHO likes to change her tune when an outbreak occurs in QLD versus closing the borders to other states.

KRviator
10th Jun 2021, 03:11
I do admire how the QLD CHO likes to change her tune when an outbreak occurs in QLD versus closing the borders to other states.Two people who brought The Pestilence with them does not an outbreak make...However, should they have passed it on, then yes, it will be interesting to see what happens in Queen-P's-Land.

ozbiggles
10th Jun 2021, 03:51
I hope you are right K.

I find it interesting that QLD are so quick to lock down the border and keep anyone out and play tough but now that they have 2 positive cases that have made an all stops trip to Queensland she is saying she won't lock anything down and it doesn't seem to bad at the moment just go out and get tested and everything is OK. What a difference a just won election and the ending of jobkeeper make to a pandemic response. And where is the Pfizer stealing Premier gone, doesn't want to answer any questions it would seem. Why should the public be disciplined when our 'leaders' are not.

But because it is easier to police Aviation I suspect there will be no relief in place for the airline industry. Imagine if these two had come in on an airline the response for anyone near them would have been straight into 14 DIQ because that would have been easy.

blubak
10th Jun 2021, 04:35
Yep,thats them.
Be no problem in understanding a statement like 'theres $50 in your mail box right now'.
See how they go with that 1!

Servo
10th Jun 2021, 09:04
————————————————
Right on cue! :p
It appears that the couple may have been eligible for an exemption but didn't apply…...

They may very well have met the requirement for moving to a new location and or job. But entering NSW, I think they were still supposed to follow the requirements of the VIC lockdown, probably something similar when entering QLD, including isolation for 14 days, which from the look of it, they did neither. I hope they get massive fines, new job tells them to pi$$ off. If nothing comes of this, I would be incredibly surprised.

kiwi grey
10th Jun 2021, 23:54

Local speculation is that they will be arrested on leaving quarantine, remanded in custody (slightly less comfortable than a quarantine hotel), and after trial deported to Australia

AerialPerspective
11th Jun 2021, 03:14
didn’t need to be mentioned.

please tell us when the nsw premier received her first AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact she received her SECOND one last week.

you forgot to mention that little fact.

What the hell are you on about? We were talking about the QLD Premier opting for a vaccine on the basis she needed to be at the Olympics. What the hell has that got to do with the NSW Premier?

AerialPerspective
11th Jun 2021, 03:17
why do you need armed guards? do we shoot dissenters on sight or is it just a deterrence thing

The point about armed guards is pathetic. Unless you place guards in a line along the entire border, it's not going to stop someone determined to break the rules. Also, we may be on the road to it but we're not yet a police state.

AerialPerspective
11th Jun 2021, 03:23
Why use Police?

Just use the military with loaded firearms

Yes. Let's use the military with loaded firearms. That's step one. Once that's been done how easy do you think it will be to use them again for something less important, then again, then they'll eventually be brought in to shoot people who are participating in peaceful demonstrations.

The reason we don't use the military is because the role of Police in a civil society is to serve and protect the community, the role of the military is to protect the society from its enemies. When you use the military as Police, as has been demonstrated all through history, the enemies of the state tend to become the citizens.

AerialPerspective
11th Jun 2021, 03:32
Could’ve sworn that I’ve seen bridges in Sydney.:confused:

Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.

Foxxster
11th Jun 2021, 03:41
What the hell are you on about? We were talking about the QLD Premier opting for a vaccine on the basis she needed to be at the Olympics. What the hell has that got to do with the NSW Premier?

people on this forum are a bit slow.

the point was made about the time required between the two vaccines for AstraZeneca and Pfizer. Pfizer is shorter so was trying to be used as a lame reason why the chook could only take that one as she is off to Japan. My response was that the nsw premier managed to get her first AstraZeneca vaccine more than three months ago and had her second shot about ten days ago now. So the chook’s pathetic excuses, like a school child saying the dog ate their homework, are not valid.

Foxxster
11th Jun 2021, 03:45
Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.

but provided absolutely no evidence, despite putting himself out there as an expert.

the latest outbreak in Melbourne actually contradicts his thoughts. It is confined to the north west of Melbourne, not spreading all over as he predicts. It is showing Sydney characteristics according to him, staying in one geographic area. The man was talking crap.

as for sydney , we have people travelling daily from the central coast, the blue mountains, Wollongong to the all areas of Sydney. Lot of tradies live on the central coast. No not 100% of people travel to every other suburb but as I stated our average commute length is the same as Melbourne and yes people do travel across the city regularly for shopping, sporting events,work etc etc.

but someone posted here that they travel across Melbourne to go to a restaurant but people in Sydney would never do that. So I guess that settles it. The so called expert must be right. Oh and we have a bridge, ooooh

AerialPerspective
11th Jun 2021, 03:52
but provided absolutely no evidence, despite putting himself out there as an expert.

as for sydney , we have people travelling daily from the central coast, the blue mountains, Wollongong to the all areas of Sydney. Lot of tradies live on the central coast. No not 100% of people travel to every other suburb but as I stated our average commute length is the same as Melbourne and yes people do travel across the city regularly for shopping, sporting events,work etc etc.

but someone posted here that they travel across Melbourne to go to a restaurant but people in Sydney would never do that. So I guess that settles it. The so called expert must be right.

No, I said when I LIVED IN SYDNEY, I would think twice about meeting someone in Bondi (from Sutherland Shire) for coffee or a meal but I wouldn't think twice in Melbourne. Sydney's road are a bloody disgrace and always have been, traffic congestion is a magnitude greater than Melbourne. I had lots of friends when I was in Sydney who would say "Do we have to go that far". Same is not the case in Melbourne.

You still don't get the point. You yourself have offered no evidence of your counter-claim either. Anecdotal tales about tradies and the like are not evidence.

What exactly is your expertise? Are you one of those people who just steamrolls over anything anyone else says because your opinion is right. Isn't it funny that Tasmania and various islands off the coast of Australia have not had any major outbreaks, even though people go to and from them every day - gee, must be some sort of natural barrier involved.......

Why the hell do you think Regional Victoria hasn't been locked down - because there is a lot of unpopulated areas between it and metropolitan Melbourne, people commute every day but the two groups tend to shop and socialize locally. Is that so hard to understand....

Potsie Weber
11th Jun 2021, 06:56
The point about armed guards is pathetic. Unless you place guards in a line along the entire border, it's not going to stop someone determined to break the rules. Also, we may be on the road to it but we're not yet a police state.

Making the penalties massive is one effective deterrent. Poaching abalone, raiding cray pots, exceeding catch limits etc, the potential fines are huge along with having your boat confiscated. It’s hard to police, so fisheries make the fines so large that the fine itself is enough to limit people committing the offence, even if the risk of getting caught is quite small.

Dannyboy39
12th Jun 2021, 06:56
Lockdown stringency index in OECD countries:

NZ 22.2, so despite zero Covid for a long time, still not completely free.
UK 62.5
Australia 74.5, only Germany and Chile have higher ratings.

Still happy with the way this is being handled?

ScepticalOptomist
12th Jun 2021, 08:53

UK 62.5

Its pathetic isn’t it? Some sap will say “but that’s why we’ve done so well!!!” :ugh:

SOPS
12th Jun 2021, 10:36

UK 62.5

What does this mean??

12th Jun 2021, 11:34
Lockdown stringency index
Sounds like a new industry we need to get into on the ground floor.

Ladloy
12th Jun 2021, 20:46
Its pathetic isn’t it? Some sap will say “but that’s why we’ve done so well!!!” :ugh:
Build purpose built quarantine facilities and speed up vaccinations. That's all we need to do.

ScepticalOptomist
13th Jun 2021, 06:43
Build purpose built quarantine facilities and speed up vaccinations. That's all we need to do.

And if you vaccinated quicker, you could get away without the purpose built facilities too…

Fuel-Off
13th Jun 2021, 07:34
And if you vaccinated quicker, you could get away without the purpose built facilities too…

Hear, Hear! Emphatically seconded!

Ladloy
13th Jun 2021, 10:52
I just don't understand why the government is dragging their feet. Surely you'd get more votes compared to using some stockholm syndrome fear campaign

ScepticalOptomist
13th Jun 2021, 10:58
I just don't understand why the government is dragging their feet. Surely you'd get more votes compared to using some stockholm syndrome fear campaign

You would think so. On the bright side - the vaccination rates seem to be trending in the right direction.

We may be mostly done by end of the year yet.

Keg
13th Jun 2021, 11:39

Supply of Pfizer vaccines in big numbers don’t come online for another couple of months.

evansb
13th Jun 2021, 23:44
Did any country actually close their borders?..or were they open with restrictions ?..

compressor stall
13th Jun 2021, 23:54
Did any country actually close their borders?..or were they open with restrictions ?..

https://covidborderaccountability.orghttps://covidborderaccountability.org/

DirectAnywhere
14th Jun 2021, 00:48
The following research from the Burnet Institute is pretty sobering reading.

https://burnet.edu.au/news/1450_thousands_of_deaths_likely_if_covid_19_left_to_run_in_v ictoria_without_high_vaccine_uptake_and_public_health_measur es_new_modelling_shows

We found that if the virus enters the community when 60 per cent vaccine coverage has been reached and is left unchecked, we could see 4,885 deaths in Victoria within a year if no public health responses are introduced,” Dr Scott said.

Even with vaccine coverage at a highly unlikely 95%, in Victoria

the number of deaths reduces to 1346.​​​​​​

There are, of course, certain underlying assumptions to the modelling regarding efficacy and variant transmissibility, which seem quite reasonable.

In other words, without continued restrictions, based on people's stated willingness to vaccinate, we're looking at 5000 deaths a year in Victoria alone. Such an outcome would clearly be unacceptable in the current climate. Australia has boxed itself in to a corner. In the US which had 4000 deaths a day, the current state of play of 400ish a day is seen as a triumph. In Australia, 10 a day would be seen as disastrous. I can't see a way out of this, frankly, that would be acceptable to our politicians and the broader public, the bulk of whom don't seem to care if we shut the nation off for ever.

kingRB
14th Jun 2021, 01:57
The following research from the Burnet Institute is pretty sobering reading.

yeah because all their modelling on impacts so far have been super accurate :rolleyes:

The only thing that's sobering is people continuing to swallow this crap and not seeing the repeating pattern that they continue to use whatever modelling they want to justify escalating levels of control.

ruprecht
14th Jun 2021, 02:17
Australia has boxed itself in to a corner. In the US which had 4000 deaths a day, the current state of play of 400ish a day is seen as a triumph. In Australia, 10 a day would be seen as disastrous. I can't see a way out of this, frankly, that would be acceptable to our politicians and the broader public, the bulk of whom don't seem to care if we shut the nation off for ever.

10 a day..? Mate, ONE death a day would see the nation in meltdown. The equivalent in the USA would be 13 deaths per day.

Completely insane.

Joker89
14th Jun 2021, 07:03
yeah because all their modelling on impacts so far have been super accurate :rolleyes:

The only thing that's sobering is people continuing to swallow this crap and not seeing the repeating pattern that they continue to use whatever modelling they want to justify escalating levels of control.

indeed, each new variant is going to cause widespread devastation. Until it doesn’t. Then wait for the next variant and spread the same message.

AerialPerspective
14th Jun 2021, 07:04
Making the penalties massive is one effective deterrent. Poaching abalone, raiding cray pots, exceeding catch limits etc, the potential fines are huge along with having your boat confiscated. It’s hard to police, so fisheries make the fines so large that the fine itself is enough to limit people committing the offence, even if the risk of getting caught is quite small.

Yet, the death penalty in many countries for either murder or drug trafficking does not act as any deterrent at all to murder or people trafficking or peddling illicit drugs.

novice110
14th Jun 2021, 07:58
From the Burnet modelling :

" The scenarios do not currently include any major public health response to gain control of outbreaks. On detection of the first case, the model assumes symptomatic testing increases (isolation of positive cases continues), masks become recommended but not mandatory, and contact tracing continues but only up to 250 diagnoses per day. Hence the projections represent hypothetical near-worst-case scenarios.

Hypothetical

Near Worst Case

Scenarios

Chronic Snoozer
14th Jun 2021, 11:11
people on this forum are a bit slow.

Yeah but you write so fast!

SOPS
14th Jun 2021, 12:04
I was taking to people at work today. These are people I consider intelligent and sane. The number of them them that told me they would not get the vaccine amazed me. The number that thought this whole thing has been made up, shocked me. These are people I call my friends, and think are on a normal path

What they all said.. if the border was never opened again, they would be very happy.

dr dre
14th Jun 2021, 12:28
What they all said.. if the border was never opened again, they would be very happy.

Australians have always readily fallen into the "close our borders" rhetoric. Asylum Seekers, Islam, African gangs, poor migrants stealing "their" jobs, Chinese buying up all property. It's a pretty common political talking point to blame problems in this country on "the outsiders".

Until Covid came along and everyone overseas who could potentially bring the virus here got put into that category too. And governments are now pandering to that line of thought. For those who's job it is to bring "the outsiders" into the country, pilots, they have now had their livelihoods disrupted. I've seen this coming in this country for a while, it's just now it's affecting Aviation in a big way.

mattyj
15th Jun 2021, 21:26
At the end of February, Moderna delivered the first batch of mRNA vaccine for phase 1 human trials. The first USA death had not been announced. It wasn’t until March 11 2020 that the WHO declared a worldwide pandemic. The mRNA technology had been in development for nearly a decade ..it was a hammer looking for a nail

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/2020/06/04/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/

Fonz121
16th Jun 2021, 23:43
Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse for LH crew.

https://simpleflying.com/cathay-pacific-single-pilot-a350-flights/

PoppaJo
17th Jun 2021, 00:12
Forget Cathay. Cathay 2.0 will just wither away into nothing and turn into another Chinese carrier. Won’t be a career airline or a employer of choice for expats anymore. Management have many many mis steps in the last 5 years on the operations front.

SHVC
17th Jun 2021, 00:32
Computerized aircraft will not get off the ground with passengers. Cathay just trying to make themself relevant.

stickshaken
17th Jun 2021, 01:28
Looks like NSW is utilising the same scare tactics via the media that Victoria used.
Not long now till another boarder closure and lockdown.
The whole thing is out of proportion and the lies do not add up, but “ go get tested and line up for your Jab “ and become a guinea pig for science and the dragon.

This is no more than a global collection of DNA, and for those that get jabbed that is what the dragon wants.
There is more to this hidden agenda than meets the eye. I am not an anti vaxer or conspiracy theorist but I do have a problem with being coerced into getting these experimental gene altering drugs that haven’t been tested long enough.

Let’s come back in 5-10 years time and see how this has worked out for all those sheep.

turbantime
17th Jun 2021, 01:37
This is no more than a global collection of DNA, and for those that get jabbed that is what the dragon wants.
Ever had a blood test done?

Green.Dot
17th Jun 2021, 02:19
I am not an anti vaxer or conspiracy theorist

Ha ha good one :}

SOPS
17th Jun 2021, 02:25
Looks like NSW is utilising the same scare tactics via the media that Victoria used.
Not long now till another boarder closure and lockdown.
The whole thing is out of proportion and the lies do not add up, but “ go get tested and line up for your Jab “ and become a guinea pig for science and the dragon.

There is more to this hidden agenda than meets the eye. I am not an anti vaxer or conspiracy theorist but I do have a problem with being coerced into getting these experimental gene altering drugs that haven’t been tested long enough.

Let’s come back in 5-10 years time and see how this has worked out for all those sheep.

You sound exactly like a conspiracy theorist and anti vaxer.

itsnotthatbloodyhard
17th Jun 2021, 02:36
I’m starting to wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard someone say ‘I’m not an antivaxer or conspiracy theorist, but…’, followed by some complete bollocks about how Covid vaccines will alter your DNA or cause spoons to stick to you magnetically.

minigundiplomat
17th Jun 2021, 02:59
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone misspelt ‘border’ during the COVID era; I’d be waving to you from my super yacht.

There is no frickin ‘a’ in ‘border’.

A boarder is a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services

jrfsp
17th Jun 2021, 03:24
Once again looks like SA first to move with the "Slamming shut" on covid outbreaks. "People who visited NSW hotspots banned from entering SA"

Lets hope this doesnt turn into another repeat of Melbourne. Why are international airport drivers not getting vaccinated, beggars belief at this stage.

PoppaJo
17th Jun 2021, 03:42
Why are international airport drivers not getting vaccinated, beggars belief at this stage.

I think the bigger question is why are they not getting tested daily? This bloke had one test only, the positive one.

One state about to open borders, as another is about to close. There goes half my roster again. I have basically budgeted at half salary for the next year with all these rolling border restrictions.

LostWanderer
17th Jun 2021, 03:42
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone misspelt ‘border’ during the COVID era; I’d be waving to you from my super yacht.

There is no frickin ‘a’ in ‘border’.

A boarder is a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services

Thats why all of us became pilots. We can't spell, read or write and our personalities are questionable at best

minigundiplomat
17th Jun 2021, 03:50
Thats why all of us became pilots. We can't spell, read or write and our personalities are questionable at best

if only it was just pilots..... it’s everywhere.

Chronic Snoozer
17th Jun 2021, 07:17
I think the bigger question is why are they not getting tested daily? This bloke had one test only, the positive one.

Well for one thing, it reduces the chances of a positive test! :}

Chronic Snoozer
17th Jun 2021, 07:19

Please don't tell my mother I'm a pilot. She thinks I'm a piano player at a whorehouse.

NGsim
17th Jun 2021, 08:30
I am not an anti vaxer or conspiracy theorist

Just a run of the mill f*ckwit then?

mattyj
17th Jun 2021, 10:06
After the year of lies we’ve just witnessed, anyone who blindly follows the “expert class” or parrots “trust the science” is really pushing the gullibility boat out now.

Ladloy
17th Jun 2021, 19:00
After the year of lies we’ve just witnessed, anyone who blindly follows the “expert class” or parrots “trust the science” is really pushing the gullibility boat out now.
Tell us the truths then.

halfmoon
17th Jun 2021, 21:10
Bottom line is people need to stop watching the mainstream misledia and do their own research. Yeah it takes time and effort to do this but you people need to wake up or you'll be in a state of perpetual lockdowns and restrictions.

SHVC
17th Jun 2021, 21:14
Why is it, that all these outbreaks occur just before holidays! even tho NSW has 2 community cases over two day well below the fed hot spot definition.

blubak
17th Jun 2021, 22:32

One state about to open borders, as another is about to close. There goes half my roster again. I have basically budgeted at half salary for the next year with all these rolling border restrictions.
Hopefully now a daily test becomes mandatory for these drivers & anyone else out there who is seen as being in a high risk scenario.
Not sure if this guy was required to test & just didnt bother🤔

RodH
17th Jun 2021, 22:54
With all of the doom and angst being shown in this thread I thought a spot of humour might come in handy. It does actually relate to borders opening and a landing by the Captain hence it being here.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/655x799/capt__9453e4595ad13b4a05d0ac48453268df8ea0495a.png

jrfsp
18th Jun 2021, 04:37
So the VIC couple who drove via NSW to QLD have been fined $4k each by QLD police.....hardly much of a deterrent. I hope NSW Police also fine then, i wont hold my breath.

Ladloy
18th Jun 2021, 09:30
Bottom line is people need to stop watching the mainstream misledia and do their own research. Yeah it takes time and effort to do this but you people need to wake up or you'll be in a state of perpetual lockdowns and restrictions.
show us some of your research

ManillaChillaDilla
18th Jun 2021, 11:56
There are many valid sentiments on this thread.

I guess the question has to be asked, what is the real goal of our " leaders ".

The well being of the nation or political survival?

Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words. Douglas MacArthur comes to mind unfortunately.

Look after yourselves.

MCD

Buster Hyman
18th Jun 2021, 13:21
So the VIC couple who drove via NSW to QLD have been fined $4k each by QLD police.....hardly much of a deterrent. I hope NSW Police also fine then, i wont hold my breath.
Now, the businesses affected should be given their details and commence Civil proceedings. That should be where the deterrent kicks in!

clark y
18th Jun 2021, 20:36
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-15/queensland-covid-19-sentenced-border-breaches-olivia-muranga/100067878

From last year. Some community service.

I'm guessing here, but the women in the article above seemed to be just out to have some fun whereas the current couple seemed to be leaving Victoria for good. Does anyone know their circumstances? Perhaps they were business owners who could not make ends meet caused by how many months of lockdowns. Maybe they were just looking for a party. Not saying they did the right thing, but I can certainly understand people trying to escape.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/victorian-residents-fleeing-the-state-in-droves-according-to-new-abs-data/news-story/adf1429253d714d4bfe62fa8c08d9d4c

It seems a lot of people don't want to be in Victoria.

machtuk
19th Jun 2021, 00:01
A lot of replies in this thread show the high level of fear & hysteria that exists out in the community, something the grubby Govt just love!

SHVC
19th Jun 2021, 00:48
Off topic, how is there still 40,000 people registered with DFAT to come back to Australia that seem stuck over seas. Latest ASX release from SY airport has 88,000 international passengers passing through International, NZ bubble would be no where near that capacity.

“88,000 international passengers passed through Sydney Airport in May 2021, more than 93% down on the corresponding period in 2019. The month-on-month improvement April to May 2021 was driven by ongoing quarantine-free Trans-Tasman travel”.

minigundiplomat
19th Jun 2021, 01:05
Off topic, how is there still 40,000 people registered with DFAT to come back to Australia that seem stuck over seas. Latest ASX release from SY airport has 88,000 international passengers passing through International, NZ bubble would be no where near that capacity.

“88,000 international passengers passed through Sydney Airport in May 2021, more than 93% down on the corresponding period in 2019. The month-on-month improvement April to May 2021 was driven by ongoing quarantine-free Trans-Tasman travel”.

Because people keep leaving Australia for weddings in Mumbai, cricket and other deferrable events whilst the remainder of us do the righty...

Ladloy
19th Jun 2021, 02:47
I hope PPRUNE'S precious Gladys knows what she's doing in NSW.

SHVC
19th Jun 2021, 03:06
I hope PPRUNE'S previous Gladys knows what she's doing in NSW.

What else should she be doing? Lock 3/4 of Sydney up for a month! Response is proportionate to what’s happening.

Ladloy
19th Jun 2021, 03:50
What else should she be doing? Lock 3/4 of Sydney up for a month! Response is proportionate to what’s happening.
The exposure sites are quite extensive. The contact tracing is usually NSW's saving grace, but let's see what happens.

SHVC
19th Jun 2021, 03:54
Well I’m glad our premier isn’t carrying on like a spastic like the majority of the others. Measured calculated response that will be tightened and loosen as needed. There is no pandemic in Australia

Ladloy
19th Jun 2021, 05:50
Well I’m glad our premier isn’t carrying on like a spastic like the majority of the others. Measured calculated response that will be tightened and loosen as needed. There is no pandemic in Australia
I remember when Trump said that in the US

PoppaJo
19th Jun 2021, 06:31
The risk here is probably different compared to previous outbreaks as the Delta is ripping across the UK doubling cases every 10 days, as they re commence the upward trend on the graphs again.

If people walk past each other in stores and pickup the Delta which is what went on in Myer here, then it will be seeding all over the city. We won’t really know for another week or two.

Masks indoors will prevent much of that. Delta is a prick of thing to contain once seeding commences.

Fonz121
19th Jun 2021, 06:39
Yes cases are on the up in the UK. But look at these two graphs showing cases vs deaths. There might be a slight lag that hasn’t been captured yet but the vaccine is doing its thing. Case numbers shouldn’t be used as a metric for lockdowns in a vaccinated society.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/831x711/07f7a35b_2a9c_432d_8d8d_8a4484d89592_d248d254bcf7d7924a62305 4d61a2e22e3f6982d.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1536x1308/f56f2f63_e7a1_4505_96aa_4d0fc08dcb0a_d65fd6855745f1295ba8f31 eed48777fb1edd0f2.jpeg

PoppaJo
19th Jun 2021, 06:58
And here we go again folks.

WA requires all NSW arrivals to quarantine until negative test results.

Effective immediately.

aviation_enthus
19th Jun 2021, 07:44
The risk here is probably different compared to previous outbreaks as the Delta is ripping across the UK doubling cases every 10 days, as they re commence the upward trend on the graphs again.

If people walk past each other in stores and pickup the Delta which is what went on in Myer here, then it will be seeding all over the city. We won’t really know for another week or two.

Masks indoors will prevent much of that. Delta is a prick of thing to contain once seeding commences.

Its not just about cases in the UK. Unlike Aus, they’ve actually vaccinated a large number of their population.

This means the cases can rise, BUT the hospitalisation rate now becomes the key figure. If their health system can cope because the numbers in hospital is dramatically lower, no need for another lockdown.

Stop stressing about the “cases” and look at home many are actually in hospital.

Picking the last day data is available for both (June 14th). Versus a random day in May:

Daily hospitalisations:
May 8th - 109
June 14th - 221 (a 202% increase)

Daily COVID cases:
May 8th - 1986
June 14th - 7742 (a 390% increase)

Both of these figures are coming off a low base, HOWEVER….

It’s still clear that the high number of vaccinated people in the UK is making a big difference. Plenty of evidence from Israel that vaccines work in reducing the severity of COVID as well.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare
Hospitalisations in the UK.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
Current daily cases.

PoppaJo
19th Jun 2021, 07:54
I get that, and the point I was making is we are two different worlds. In these places that are approaching herd immunity, Delta can rip across and lockdowns or restrictions are not needed. Huge positive that the vaccine still prevents people with the Delta getting very sick. Unfortunately we don’t have that luxury.

We are a vulnerable country for what will probably be the next few quarters, Delta can rip across our land and cause all sorts of problems.

Fonz121
19th Jun 2021, 09:51
Penny pinching over a vaccine. If you’re in aviation and voted for these muppets than you get what you deserve I guess. “But..but.. Labor!!”. Yeah sure, they’re a pain in the arse managing the state borders but I bet we wouldn’t be where we are now if they were in control of the vaccine supply. Mainly due to them doing what half of you usually whinge about; spending money.

“Three sources told Swan that the Federal Government sent an inexperienced procurement officer to the meeting who “started nickel and diming on the costs”.

Pfizer had allegedly wanted to make an example out of Australia about how to properly conduct a vaccine rollout, similarly to how Israeli handled theirs. Instead, the Federal Government came back in November 2020 and ordered only 10 million doses of Pfizer.”

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/governments-appalling-error-rejects-offer-of-40-million-pfizer-doses-in-july-2020/

aviation_enthus
19th Jun 2021, 09:51
I get that, and the point I was making is we are two different worlds. In these places that are approaching herd immunity, Delta can rip across and lockdowns or restrictions are not needed. Huge positive that the vaccine still prevents people with the Delta getting very sick. Unfortunately we don’t have that luxury.

We are a vulnerable country for what will probably be the next few quarters, Delta can rip across our land and cause all sorts of problems.

You are spot on!!!

All this talk of travel bubbles and foreign students coming in just a distraction from the fact the vaccine rollout is to slow.

Oh but it’s “not a race”…….. 🤬🤮🤦‍♂️

Transition Layer
19th Jun 2021, 12:59

Try making a post without using “rip” or “ripping”. It’s that sort of sensationalism that we don’t need, and is extremely unhelpful. Unfortunately the media fuels the fire every day with such nonsense.

We are quickly becoming a very scared little irrelevant country that has been backed into a corner by poor leadership and decision making.

aviation_enthus
19th Jun 2021, 14:09
We are quickly becoming a very scared little irrelevant country that has been backed into a corner by poor leadership and decision making.

Quickly?

I think if we’re honest with ourselves, this process has been in motion since Rudd was knifed the first time.

Not commenting on Labor/Rudd per se, but since then both parties have been playing the same games and the result is the “best” government we can get…

Australia needs a reform program and a way forward that weans us off relying on high rates of immigration to hide our lack of progress.

Green.Dot
19th Jun 2021, 21:22
Good point enthus

mattyj
19th Jun 2021, 21:51
“Rip”, “ripping”,“delta strain”,“cases”….. spare me, do you work for the ABC or something

total hysteria..the vaccine is more dangerous than the delta strain if you’re younger than 60

chookcooker
19th Jun 2021, 22:34
“Rip” “ripping” “delta strain” “cases”…spare me, do you work for the ABC or something

total hysteria..the vaccine is more dangerous than the delta strain if you’re younger than 60

Ridiculous and misleading statement. You’re <60 includes all ages, including children who are overwhelmingly fine.
a 59 year old?? Absolutely not

itsnotthatbloodyhard
19th Jun 2021, 22:59

Is this what they call ‘unconscious irony’? Bloody funny, whatever it is.

Ladloy
19th Jun 2021, 23:10
“Rip” “ripping” “delta strain” “cases”…spare me, do you work for the ABC or something

Hopefully you don't get your news from Sky News. They're too busy saying sorry for spouting blatant lies.

mattyj
19th Jun 2021, 23:11
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

itsnotthatbloodyhard
19th Jun 2021, 23:35
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

You do understand that ‘only recommended for over 60s’ is not the same as ‘more dangerous than Covid for under 60s’?

PoppaJo
19th Jun 2021, 23:38

Ripping: move forcefully and rapidly.

Apologies to the snowflakes who get upset at such language.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/500x536/b6ccc57a_66b2_476e_990a_1406e608bab8_1d2723005bc3936db3409bd 90e720fcfc51be376.jpeg

Green.Dot
20th Jun 2021, 01:24
Well more pain for airlines over the school holidays with cases popping up everywhere but on the positive side this will do wonders for vaccination uptake across the country. (Hopefully).

SHVC
20th Jun 2021, 01:34
Always happens around school holidays for some reason.

Fonz121
20th Jun 2021, 01:44
Well more pain for airlines over the school holidays with cases popping up everywhere but on the positive side this will do wonders for vaccination uptake across the country. (Hopefully).

I’d agree except there are no vaccines.

DirectAnywhere
20th Jun 2021, 01:45

It will nothing for vaccine uptake for the next few months as Australia simply doesn’t have enough doses of the only vaccine currently approved for under 60s (Pfizer) and won’t have for some time.

Maggie Island
20th Jun 2021, 02:37
It will nothing for vaccine uptake for the next few months as Australia simply doesn’t have enough doses of the only vaccine currently approved for under 60s (Pfizer) and won’t have for some time.

As a 30yo I booked a vaccine slot at the start of the month with less than a weeks notice at a major vaccination center with the second jab locked in prior to the end of the month. Took me all of two minutes.

Fonz121
20th Jun 2021, 02:42
From an Age article a few days ago:”Vaccination walk-ins were halted on Monday with people told to wait until the end of the week as the state government cut the number of Victorians able to get the Pfizer jab as part of the state’s vaccine rollout.

Almost three weeks after the state’s rollout of the Pfizer vaccine was extended to 40 to 49-year-olds, supply caps meant people were unable to make phone bookings for their first dose and those who walked up to mass vaccination hubs were turned away.”

RubberDogPoop
20th Jun 2021, 04:17
I’d agree except there are no vaccines.

Someone doesn't know what a vaccine is....

ScepticalOptomist
20th Jun 2021, 08:30
As a 30yo I booked a vaccine slot at the start of the month with less than a weeks notice at a major vaccination center with the second jab locked in prior to the end of the month. Took me all of two minutes.

Yep - wife booked her first Pfizer today for this coming Thursday - first available slot was in 2 days time.
The website could be better, but it took about 5mins all up.

Buster Hyman
20th Jun 2021, 10:06
Melbourne rolling out of lockdown, fuel hits $1.75. A quick look at most other state capitols, it's around $1.30-$1.40. Never waste an opportunity eh!

minigundiplomat
20th Jun 2021, 10:55
Melbourne rolling out of lockdown, fuel hits $1.75. A quick look at most other state capitols, it's around $1.30-$1.40. Never waste an opportunity eh!

Enjoy all that liveability

galdian
20th Jun 2021, 11:46
Enjoy all that liveability

Don't worry, Chairman Dan (he of the "creeping assumption" that creepingly led to 800+ deaths) apparently on the return to fix all our woes - we are so, so blessed and fortunate....not. :mad:

blubak
20th Jun 2021, 21:36
This is oil company manipulation of the market,nothing to do with ANY government.
Send them a message by just buying what u need at the time as in $10 worth,not the usual fill up.
Competition will drive the price back down very quickly,just like airfares.

Foxxster
20th Jun 2021, 23:25

well you only need one tank to make it out of the socialist utopia of Victoria then you get cheap petrol and no more Chairman Dan the lockdown man.

jrfsp
21st Jun 2021, 00:09
All capital cities have different fuel cycles you cant compare on a single day.

A quick glance shows Brisbane had the most expensive fuel over the last 45 days.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/petrol-diesel-lpg/petrol-price-cycles.

Back to borders....i wouldn't be surprised to see NZ pause the bubble - surprised they haven't already actually!

Climb150
21st Jun 2021, 01:51
You know I have in a few places around the world and Australia is the only place I know of with this fuel "discounting" cycle.

I beleive the discount price is actually supposed to be the real price and what you pay on Friday is the jacked up price. Is the Govt seriously trying to say that all the major fuel retailers changing their prices up and down within minutes of each other isn't some form of market manipulation?

Ladloy
21st Jun 2021, 05:03
Don't worry, Chairman Dan (he of the "creeping assumption" that creepingly led to 800+ deaths) apparently on the return to fix all our woes - we are so, so blessed and fortunate....not. :mad:
655 of the 801 deaths during the second wave were from federally run aged care facilities. The same facilities making news only a few weeks ago for being under-vaccinated, mixing staff and convincing isolating staff to come to work.

21st Jun 2021, 05:20
Is the Govt seriously trying to say that all the major fuel retailers changing their prices up and down within minutes of each other isn't some form of market manipulation?
ACCC...................

Stickshift3000
21st Jun 2021, 06:32

My partner and I are both in our 40s, living in Melbourne.

Last week, my partner was able to walk in off the street to get the Pfizer vaccine. I wasn’t able to attend with her.

This week, walk ins are no longer being accepted for Pfizer, nor are initial bookings being taken as the supply of Pfizer vaccine is not assured.

With the 50-60 bracket now being steered towards the Pfizer jab, the wait for those in younger age groups will be much longer than anticipated.

Crux of the issue is federal vaccine procurement and distribution amongst the states.

jrfsp
21st Jun 2021, 06:38
My partner and I are both in our 40s, living in Melbourne.

Last week, my partner was able to walk in off the street to get the Pfizer vaccine. I wasn’t able to attend with her.

This week, walk ins are no longer being accepted for Pfizer, nor are initial bookings being taken as the supply of Pfizer vaccine is not assured.

With the 50-60 bracket now being steered towards the Pfizer jab, the wait for those in younger age groups will be much longer than anticipated.

Crux of the issue is federal vaccine procurement and distribution amongst the states.

Indeed, i think its also only a matter of time before the decision is made to vaccinate older children (12+) as is being done in the USA and Canada.

minigundiplomat
21st Jun 2021, 07:59
Knew the ‘I stand with Dan’ crowd would be scurrying out to blame all their ills on the feds. Can’t move up here in the North for Victorians escaping the COVID gulag.

Green.Dot
21st Jun 2021, 08:08
655 of the 801 deaths during the second wave were from federally run aged care facilities. The same facilities making news only a few weeks ago for being under-vaccinated, mixing staff and convincing isolating staff to come to work.

I knew somebody would chime in to defend Capt Flogbag. I quite like Merlino in comparison. Leadership spill please.

PoppaJo
21st Jun 2021, 08:45
I knew somebody would chime in to defend Capt Flogbag. I quite like Merlino in comparison. Leadership spill please.
Next two will probably be female. The next one most certainly will be.

Merlino is about third in line. He will need to battle it out with comeback queen Jill in the long term.

Jacinta will be next in line. The brains behind Public Transport Victoria. God help us all.

Ladloy
21st Jun 2021, 09:13
I'm not defending him, I'm just stating the facts.

Fonz121
21st Jun 2021, 09:23
The ScoBros don’t care for facts.

minigundiplomat
21st Jun 2021, 11:13
The ScoBros don’t care for facts.

what facts are those?

The creeping assumption that absolves a uniformly amnesiac state cabinet.?

AerialPerspective
21st Jun 2021, 14:23

AND the Minster 'responsible' in Federal Cabinet who at an inquiry could not even estimate how many had died in a system HE is responsible for, again a week or so ago also replied with "don't know" when asked how many vaccinations had been administered. What exactly is this moron being paid out of taxypayer's money to do????

I wouldn't be surprised if he struggled to answer the question "What is an Aged Care Home". The bloke is clearly incompetent. But he's not alone, have a look at the Minister for Robodebt and ask how he could possibly still have his job.

galdian
21st Jun 2021, 23:40
Assuming the feds have their fingers in aged care in ALL the states and territories then why did they concentrate all their incompetence on Victoria?
We're not just talking "one or two more than other states" we're talking hundreds.
You'd think the aim of the feds would be to ensure all states get a fair and equitable share of the misery - but not so, another fed fail! ;)

Ladloy
22nd Jun 2021, 01:28
Assuming the feds have their fingers in aged care in ALL the states and territories then why did they concentrate all their incompetence on Victoria?
We're not just talking "one or two more than other states" we're talking hundreds.
You'd think the aim of the feds would be to ensure all states get a fair and equitable share of the misery - but not so, another fed fail! ;)
I'm not sure you've heard of the Swiss Cheese Model? The negligence is at all levels but the focus tends to be myopic.

The second wave had quarantine issues (fed issue handballed to states) which then got out of hand due to poor tracing (state issue) and the safeguards weren't in place in aged care (fed issue).

The private aged care facilities are a federal responsibility while public is state. 651 deaths were private aged care.

Fuel-Off
22nd Jun 2021, 05:31
Our canuck cousins have the right idea.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/6/21/canada-fully-vaccinated-citizens-face-no-quarantine-after-july-5

Seeing as our health system is modeled from theirs, maybe our borders policy could at least do the same. Trudeau has at least set dates and a road map out of all this. SloMo? We're not in a race...

Fuel-Off :ok:

jrfsp
22nd Jun 2021, 05:41
Our canuck cousins have the right idea.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/6/21/canada-fully-vaccinated-citizens-face-no-quarantine-after-july-5

Seeing as our health system is modeled from theirs, maybe our borders policy could at least do the same. Trudeau has at least set dates and a road map out of all this. SloMo? We're not in a race...

I didn't know they were so far ahead in their vaccine roll out! 75% fully vaccinated by end of July is impressive - we might be at 5% by then....

Bend alot
22nd Jun 2021, 05:42
Are we importing Cabin Crew?

neville_nobody
22nd Jun 2021, 05:54
Seeing as our health system is modeled from theirs, maybe our borders policy could at least do the same.

Who controls the territory borders in Canada though?

Cafe City
22nd Jun 2021, 06:29
Are we importing Cabin Crew?

I wondered the same.
Story didn't quite add up.
"Dr Young said the woman travelled from Portugal to Australia on an Emirates flight to go on to work as cabin crew for other airlines." (Brisbane Times)

Initial inference was that she was a flight attendant on the inbound flight. But was she? If not, why is she arriving here to "work.... for other airlines"? Or do they mean operating an onward EK leg?

PoppaJo
22nd Jun 2021, 06:34
I would say that is a HiFly (Portugal) charter set to be operated from Brisbane in the coming days. Crew positioning

Cafe City
22nd Jun 2021, 07:35
I would say that is a HiFly (Portugal) charter set to be operated from Brisbane in the coming days. Crew positioning

Oh! Ex ADF lease??

Bend alot
22nd Jun 2021, 09:45
The CHO said not EK crew and did quarantine and to work for other "airlines".
Not another airline.

PoppaJo
22nd Jun 2021, 10:04
Right however I am not aware of any other airlines that Portuguese cabin crew members would be parachuted into Oz to operate for, aside the obvious contender Hi Fly Portugal.

22nd Jun 2021, 13:44
The CHO said not EK crew and did quarantine and to work for other "airlines".
Not another airline.

There other international flights other than airlines.

Fonz121
22nd Jun 2021, 21:31
Meanwhile over in New Zealand, not only do vaccinated Air NZ crew coming back from high risk destinations no longer have to isolate at all as of June 30, but every staff member will get $1000 in shares as a reward for their work during the pandemic.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/125485069/air-nz-giving-employees-1000-worth-of-shares-forecasts-significant-loss

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300336892/covid19-all-vaccinated-air-nz-crew-now-exempt-from-isolation (https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/125485069/air-nz-giving-employees-1000-worth-of-shares-forecasts-significant-loss)

mattyj
23rd Jun 2021, 01:45
Someone out of Australia has arrived in Wellington with the trans Tasman bubble and tested positive for Covid after traipsing around the city for a couple of days..no doubt our Dan Andrews/Justin Trudeau facsimile - Jacinda will be apoplectic with panic at this point trying to decide what level of flagellation she needs to subject Wellingtonians to (not to mention the rest of New Zealand)

jrfsp
23rd Jun 2021, 02:24
Someone out of Australia has arrived in Wellington with the trans Tasman bubble and tested positive for Covid after traipsing around the city for a couple of days..no doubt our Dan Andrews/Justin Trudeau facsimile - Jacinda will be apoplectic with panic at this point trying to decide what level of flagellation she needs to subject Wellingtonians to (not to mention the rest of New Zealand)

I was surprised how long they took to pause the bubble with NSW, considering they paused it with WA and QLD after 1 case......

If there are cases in WLG then the whole bubble will go down.

SOPS
23rd Jun 2021, 03:41
WA has just shut completely to NSW. Only people with special permits will be allowed in and then only with 14 days Q. Here we go again!

Updated at 11.45 am WST.. people that landed at 11.15 am in Perth from Sydney are being sent back.

jrfsp
23rd Jun 2021, 04:20
ABC also reporting SA has closed its border to NSW

SHVC
23rd Jun 2021, 04:38
McClown has also requested that WA still get their fair share of vaccine. Would this mean if all of WA was vaccinated he would never close again? After all being vaccinated means the virus does not affect you as bad.

SOPS
23rd Jun 2021, 05:08
And now Tasmania is partly closing to NSW.

SOPS
23rd Jun 2021, 08:15
And QLD to Greater Sydney

Chris2303
23rd Jun 2021, 09:58
Jacinda will be apoplectic with panic at this point trying to decide what level of flagellation she needs to subject Wellingtonians to (not to mention the rest of New Zealand)

Jacinda isn't but the natives are. We told her time and time again not to allow an open border with anyone, but especially Australians because they refuse to follow the rules set for them.

aviation_enthus
23rd Jun 2021, 11:57
I’m curious to know how many people would take the AZ vaccine if it meant getting access now instead of having to wait until sometime in the future?

For anyone under 50, the wait could be until late this year or even into next year. In the interests of getting the vaccine rolled out quicker, why not offer “walk-in” AZ jabs to anyone that wants it at a bunch of mass vaccine centres?

Yes there’s a risk with AZ, but I’m willing to bet there’s a whole bunch of people out there that would take it anyway (ie actually able to make their own risk assessment instead of needing the government to constantly hold their hand….)

aviation_enthus
23rd Jun 2021, 11:59
Jacinda isn't but the natives are. We told her time and time again not to allow an open border with anyone, but especially Australians because they refuse to follow the rules set for them.

Refuse to follow the rules??? I love how it’s always “someone else” that never follows the rules…. Like NZ is a perfect beacon of purity (or any country for that matter).

23rd Jun 2021, 12:51
Yes there’s a risk with AZ, but I’m willing to bet there’s a whole bunch of people out there that would take it anyway (ie actually able to make their own risk assessment instead of needing the government to constantly hold their hand….)
How many people who hopped in their car or on their bike did not make it home yesterday?

WingNut60
23rd Jun 2021, 12:57
McClown has also requested that WA still get their fair share of vaccine. Would this mean if all of WA was vaccinated he would never close again? After all being vaccinated means the virus does not affect you as bad.
Yes. How typical of him that he should have the audacity to ask for WA's "fair share".

SOPS
24th Jun 2021, 03:44
I really hope that Pprune’s darling Gladys knows what she is doing, things could get out of hand really fast.

Keg
24th Jun 2021, 03:50
1 case unlinked in the last 24 hours. Rest are linked. Overwhelming majority are close contacts already in iso. Not saying it won’t get worse but NSW Health contact tracers doing a cracking job so far.

PoppaJo
24th Jun 2021, 08:51
I really feel for you lot in Vic. First thrown under the bus by SA now Sydney.

jrfsp
24th Jun 2021, 09:05
This delta variant needs to be jumped on quickly. We could very easily find ourselves back where we were last year with all state borders closed, no tasman bubble etc.

Just look at all the previously successful countries now battling outbreaks, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam etc.

Angle of Attack
24th Jun 2021, 09:46
Why jump on it quickly? While you continue to import it into a substandard hotel quarantine system, this isn’t going to stop anytime soon.
In fact in Australia we have cornered ourselves as a cowering Island nation with no appetite for COVID cases, can anyone tell me the exit strategy while the rest of the world opens up? I don’t think it’s going to happen until another Federal election. What a pathetic isolationist outpost we have become, it’s sad really…

mattyj
24th Jun 2021, 12:27
What happened to the UK strain or the South African strain? Gone? You know it’s respiratory virus season in the Southern Hemisphere right? …It’s our turn

24th Jun 2021, 13:24
exit strategy while the rest of the world opens up?
Please enlighten us as to the nations that are "opening up"?

What a pathetic isolationist outpost we have become, it’s sad really…
So you would rather this, comparable population
Venezuela (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/venezuela/) Total Cases, 264,551 New +1,179
Taiwan (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/taiwan/) Total Cases, 14,259 New +103

TurningTheSpanners
24th Jun 2021, 13:46
What happened to the UK strain or the South African strain? Gone? You know it’s respiratory virus season in the Southern Hemisphere right? …It’s our turnThe WHO has renamed the multiple different strains of COVID-19 circulating around the world to make them easier to understand.

Under the changes, the four most concerning variants take on the first four letters of the Greek alphabet — Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.

Those were previously known as the UK variant, the South African variant, the Brazilian variant and the Indian variant.

From ABC News, The 'Prune won't let me post the actual URL.

SOPS
24th Jun 2021, 13:47
What happened to the UK strain or the South African strain? Gone? You know it’s respiratory virus season in the Southern Hemisphere right? …It’s our turn

You are kidding .. right?

Joker89
24th Jun 2021, 14:25
What’s the end game? People going to catch this and possibly die from it even with herd immunity. Just like with a flu vaccine people still get and die from flu. Scomo saying how dangerous the UK is but was happy to have a pub crawl with not a mask in sight. Time to accept some cases and some unfortunate deaths. No one lives forever. Plenty of countries with open borders haven’t imploded.

Fuel-Off
24th Jun 2021, 15:11
Please enlighten us as to the nations that are "opening up"?

I'd be happy to provide a few for you:
Spain
France
Italy
Iceland
Malta
Greece
Serbia
Georgia (the country, not the US state full of peaches)
Egypt
Czechia
United States
Maldives
Seychelles
Tanzania
Kenya
Thailand (Phuket only at this stage)
Germany (only certain cities will allow quarantine free travel at this stage)
Mexico
UAE

I'm sure there are many others, those are just off the top of my head. I just got back from a work trip in Italy yesterday in fact. You know, the same Italy that was on its knees with the pandemic last year? I, like my crew and passengers were allowed to be processed like human beings rather than diseased ridden lepers (just a thermal scan as you walk past passport control). We were allowed out of the hotel, enjoy the summer sunshine, chill out by a local restaurant sampling the local delicacies and beverages, like everyone else. The only thing is you had to wear a mask whilst indoors. Last week went to Chicago, everything was open and was able to enjoy the sights the Windy City has to offer!

'Yeah but they gotta wear masks!' I hear some from Australia howl, as if that's the only qualifier of success. Ask those in Sydney and Melbourne who at this very moment have to wear masks. Doesn't seem so successful does it? Australia has no end game with this. Vaccinate and then what? Still be subjected to lockdowns and blockades from within my own country?? You can have that thanks. Ask SloMo what the end game is, he has no clue. The Premiers are all too happy to pull the trigger on travel bans because it serves them well politically. The latest AZ issue only serves to benefit the PM as this helps justify the already glacially slow pace of the roll-out of the vaccine program in Australia. Just string it out long enough for the election and PRESTO! Supply is back to 150%! States can start the vaccine hubs and the 'medical advice' will change to favour reopening borders. Funny how much divine power and might these elections possess right? The stuff of miracles.

I for one look forward to next month when the other half and I go for a road trip around southern France (again another country that was bruised from the pandemic). At least they have a plan and are exempting vaccinated tourists from quarantine. Australia will just carry on with its zero covid obsession and spot fire lockdowns.

Do I sound like a braggart? I hope so. Because to be honest, I'm not sure I want to be in Australia right now.

PPRuNeUser0184
24th Jun 2021, 20:09
I'd be happy to provide a few for you:
Spain
France
Italy
Iceland
Malta
Greece
Serbia
Georgia (the country, not the US state full of peaches)
Egypt
Czechia
United States
Maldives
Seychelles
Tanzania
Kenya
Thailand (Phuket only at this stage)
Germany (only certain cities will allow quarantine free travel at this stage)
Mexico
UAE

I'm sure there are many others, those are just off the top of my head. I just got back from a work trip in Italy yesterday in fact. You know, the same Italy that was on its knees with the pandemic last year? I, like my crew and passengers were allowed to be processed like human beings rather than diseased ridden lepers (just a thermal scan as you walk past passport control). We were allowed out of the hotel, enjoy the summer sunshine, chill out by a local restaurant sampling the local delicacies and beverages, like everyone else. The only thing is you had to wear a mask whilst indoors. Last week went to Chicago, everything was open and was able to enjoy the sights the Windy City has to offer!

'Yeah but they gotta wear masks!' I hear some from Australia howl, as if that's the only qualifier of success. Ask those in Sydney and Melbourne who at this very moment have to wear masks. Doesn't seem so successful does it? Australia has no end game with this. Vaccinate and then what? Still be subjected to lockdowns and blockades from within my own country?? You can have that thanks. Ask SloMo what the end game is, he has no clue. The Premiers are all too happy to pull the trigger on travel bans because it serves them well politically. The latest AZ issue only serves to benefit the PM as this helps justify the already glacially slow pace of the roll-out of the vaccine program in Australia. Just string it out long enough for the election and PRESTO! Supply is back to 150%! States can start the vaccine hubs and the 'medical advice' will change to favour reopening borders. Funny how much divine power and might these elections possess right? The stuff of miracles.

I for one look forward to next month when the other half and I go for a road trip around southern France (again another country that was bruised from the pandemic). At least they have a plan and are exempting vaccinated tourists from quarantine. Australia will just carry on with its zero covid obsession and spot fire lockdowns.

Do I sound like a braggart? I hope so. Because to be honest, I'm not sure I want to be in Australia right now.

Well said that man. Australia will be left behind (already is) and then in the coming years the political blame game and ass covering will be rife.

Australia's "leaders" are arrogant and incompetent.

The borders cannot and will not stay closed forever. Australia has become scared of its own shadow. The reality is the borders will eventually open and when they do Covid will circulate through our country like the Flu. We get vaccinated, practice good hygiene and learn to live with it Time for some leadership by ScoMo which involves communicating and educating the citizens about the reality of the situation going forward and what the end game is. The constant rhetoric by our "leaders" of keeping borders closed with no timeline and "keeping us safe" is growing old. We can't remain scared of our own shadow forever.

SHVC
24th Jun 2021, 21:54
We in Australia have dug our own hole to deep and can not get out, there is zero tolerance for covid. NSW target 10 million jabs then what?

On a different topic, all these premiers screaming for gestapo camps in the middle of no where because hotels are not good enough. Replace the Sydney crew transport limo driver with the camp transport bus driver we will still have the same outcome. All these camp workers have to return home a the end of their shift, go to westfields and get a haircut. I cant see anything changing with these purpose built camps that will run into the billions.

Foxxster
24th Jun 2021, 22:25
We in Australia have dug our own hole to deep and can not get out, there is zero tolerance for covid. NSW target 10 million jabs then what?

On a different topic, all these premiers screaming for gestapo camps in the middle of no where because hotels are not good enough. Replace the Sydney crew transport limo driver with the camp transport bus driver we will still have the same outcome. All these camp workers have to return home a the end of their shift, go to westfields and get a haircut. I cant see anything changing with these purpose built camps that will run into the billions.

exactly this. Same goes for the guards bonking the people being quarantined. Or those quarantined deciding to breaking it and leaving for whatever reason as per the northern beaches outbreak. Or possible transmission to cleaners or the guards who could spread it as tests are not foolproof. The workers would all need to be held for two weeks after their final shift before they leave the compound. Because it takes a while for the virus to be detectable in tests. Or live there permanently.

DirectAnywhere
24th Jun 2021, 22:30
Make no mistake, we are a hair's breadth away from being right back where we were last year. If these few cases that have popped up in Melbourne from Sydney aren't controlled, they may be enough to see the nation's borders close again to Australia's two most populous states. If that occurs, expect to see stand downs on the scale we saw 12 months ago.

It will be very difficult for the Federal Government to sell the narrative of the effectiveness of our quarantine and vaccine rollout in an environment where the only response the states feel is available to them are lockdowns and border closures. The feds should be hammered on this - and rightly so. My tip is that if Sydney and Melbourne are locked down and locked out again, the Morrison government is finished.

dr dre
24th Jun 2021, 23:21
It will be very difficult for the Federal Government to sell the narrative of the effectiveness of our quarantine and vaccine rollout in an environment where the only response the states feel is available to them are lockdowns and border closures. The feds should be hammered on this - and rightly so. My tip is that if Sydney and Melbourne are locked down and locked out again, the Morrison government is finished.

I doubt it. It has become a battle of 6 states and 6 premiers against each other, and people have taken sides depending on where they live and which side of politics they support. An effective and competent leader would have pulled the nation together, however we have a weak and incompetent PM. Off sightseeing and drinking at pubs in the UK whilst simultaneously fearmongering about how dangerous the situation is in the UK on breakfast TV when he got back and how, even with vaccination, we can’t open back up again indefinitely. And he’s copped almost no backlash for it.

Jetting off to the G7 in his big A330 like he’s a powerhouse influence in the world whilst his country is not only closed to the world, his own states aren’t even open up to each other.

Morrison has always been a weak leader, the bushfires proved that, just a marketing guru (a marketing guru who was sacked by Howard) parachuted almost accidentally into the PM’s position. I’m glad everyone got their franking credits and negative gearing, unfortunately competent leadership wasn’t included in the package.

SHVC
24th Jun 2021, 23:32
We would be in a far worse position with a Shorten government. Make no mistake there.

Maggie Island
24th Jun 2021, 23:33
Jetting off to the G7 in his big A330 like he’s a powerhouse influence in the world

It’s not that big!

dr dre
24th Jun 2021, 23:59
We would be in a far worse position with a Shorten government. Make no mistake there.

Are you sure? Even back in November, before issues with AZ were known the opposition were calling for more Pfizer doses to be ordered, which was immediately dismissed by the government.

If they had been in power they could have been just as bad as Morrison or better, but it’s hard to imagine how they could’ve been “far worse” than Scotty.

25th Jun 2021, 00:40
The reality is the borders will eventually open and when they do Covid will circulate through our country like the Flu.
Exactly and we will accept and live with that.

However in the meantime we have shown that you can contain the spread without the vaccine.
At least they have a plan and are exempting vaccinated tourists from quarantine.

And your travel insurance is with?

minigundiplomat
25th Jun 2021, 01:24
In early 2020, we had a low understanding of COVID 19, there was no vaccine and it was infectious and put people in ICU, which had limited capacity; closing borders and lockdowns sort of made sense.

18 months on and our understanding is much better, there’s several vaccines and the new strains are more infectious, but generally less lethal; the problems we have now is people spreading it because they have no symptoms. There is no threat to ICU capacity from COVID.

Yet, here we are rooting the economy and locking down citizens every time there are 1 or 2 cases. The rest of the world has moved on and realised case numbers are no longer a useful metric, and COVID will be with us for the long term, but managed like Flu. Not Australia, or NZ.... there seems to be a nationwide panic every time there’s 1 case. 16,000+ cases in the UK yesterday, but they are getting on with it and planning holidays because the vaccine rollout wasn’t half arsed and they know case numbers are less relevant than hospital admissions or deaths.

SHVC
25th Jun 2021, 01:38
Are you sure? Even back in November, before issues with AZ were known the opposition were calling for more Pfizer doses to be ordered, which was immediately dismissed by the government.

If they had been in power they could have been just as bad as Morrison or better, but it’s hard to imagine how they could’ve been “far worse” than Scotty.

Its the opposition duty to oppose anything the Gov does. if Sco Mo ordered 50 million Pfizer vaccines the Lefties would be screaming for more Astra Zeneca vaccines.

I bet QLD CMO would be looking like a fool, she said two days ago NSW contact tracers cant keep up, look at NSW go just proving why we are the best.

Ladloy
25th Jun 2021, 01:53
Its the opposition duty to oppose anything the Gov does. if Sco Mo ordered 50 million Pfizer vaccines the Lefties would be screaming for more Astra Zeneca vaccines.

I bet QLD CMO would be looking like a fool, she said two days ago NSW contact tracers cant keep up, look at NSW go just proving why we are the best.
You'll actually find federal Labor have supported many things the LNP have done over the last 18 months. Federal budget, jobkeeper, jobseeker to name a few. The pfizer order cock up does require criticism. It could mean us opening borders sooner and all you whiners can go back to work.

Also calling Labor lefties is comical.

Side note: 22 cases in NSW, suburbs in lockdown.

jrfsp
25th Jun 2021, 02:21
You'll actually find federal Labor have supported many things the LNP have done over the last 18 months. Federal budget, jobkeeper, jobseeker to name a few. The pfizer order cock up does require criticism. It could mean us opening borders sooner and all you whiners can go back to work.

Also calling Labor lefties is comical.

Side note: 22 cases in NSW, suburbs in lockdown.

Amazing how quiet the thread is for the Sydney "Stay at home" order. Will be weeks and weeks of border closures now.

WingNut60
25th Jun 2021, 02:31
Amazing how quiet the thread is for the Sydney "Stay at home" order. Will be weeks and weeks of border closures now.
The lockdown you have when you're not having a lockdown.