PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

smith
14th Dec 2009, 21:24
Jimmy

I was being sarcastic

go around flaps15
14th Dec 2009, 21:30
How ironic was that? I am laughing. Did you tell them?

smith
14th Dec 2009, 21:34
How ironic was that? I am laughing. Did you tell them?

Glad you liked it :ok:

go around flaps15
14th Dec 2009, 21:37
Glad you'r glad. Now I can sleep better smith.:ok:

smith
14th Dec 2009, 21:44
flaps

Take that stick out of your ar$e and you will be able to sleep so much better := lol

go around flaps15
14th Dec 2009, 21:54
Well if you know about things up :mad:s in relation to sleeping better. Fair enough. If thats what your into smith :ok: lol

irishpilot1990
15th Dec 2009, 00:31
Smyth --->the guy came on and tells you things from a perspective of life inside the job you bash daily, he hardly has a stick up his a'se for doing that??? :confused:
The saying "a stick up your a%se" relates to someone with a problem, your the one doing the complaining and moaning on this thread are you not?

Try and post with some maturity and stop trying so hard to sound condescending and spiteful.

smith
15th Dec 2009, 03:19
Irish Pilot

Too right I am spiteful mate, along with many, many other colleagues who hate seeing this once proud industry being screwed into the ground. Yes it's industry wide now but we see the instigator as a certain MOL and FR and thus vent our anger on those associated with him.

Don't get me wrong I can see your side of the story, FR is the only real option there is these days and the only way to get a foothold but the other side of the coin is that industry wide the T&C's get diminished. We now just have to agree to disagree on whatever side of the fence we sit on and as such will have to argue our point on these forums as best we can.

Good luck :ok:

blackred1443
15th Dec 2009, 13:10
What GA flap is referring to is after i posted my rant on RYR and listed all the negatives of the contract on offer someone PM'd me asking me if i could, tell them more about the dodgy accounting, give the contact details for the dramatically overpriced MCC and then proceeded to tell me they are desperate to join ryr and is will to pay a huge amount of money to get there. I think for some odd reason they thought i was working for ryr. Initially i thought it was a mickey take but when i read it the second time it was clear it wasn't

On a serious note it just proves how blind these people are if they think i'm involved in ryr recruitment. What part of my post could possibly have given that impression. Incredible.

To the individual that PM'd me i think you may need to become a bit more perceptive if you think i'm involved in RYR recruitment!!:ugh:

Mikehotel152
15th Dec 2009, 14:25
To the individual that PM'd me i think you may need to become a bit more perceptive if you think i'm involved in RYR recruitment

You jest, but the attitude of Ryanair management towards its new recruits is sometimes eerily similar to the utter contempt you pour forth onto those who have the absolute pleasure of working for the Blue and Gold carrier...

;)

blackred1443
15th Dec 2009, 14:36
mikehotel whatever we disagree on in terms of the ryr contracts. the fact this wannabee could be so blind desperate, and easily taken advantage of has been a real eye opener for me. how could anyone have come to that conclusion. what did he see that was attractive in my rant?
there exists the problem i guess?they must have been some seriously rose tinted glasses for him/her to see an attraction in my post....even you have to admit that!!:ok:

Mikehotel152
15th Dec 2009, 15:37
Funny you should say that! :} How anyone could believe that you might be a beacon of hope to Ryanair wannabes, I'll never know...:p

But in all seriousness, I've met boring, deluded and strangely impressionable people in the holding pools for 'proper' airlines who I wouldn't trust to drive my old banger down the M1 let alone pilot an Airbus to Alicante. I've also met people at Ryanair who are not really cut out for the life they've sacrificed so much to live.

I've also met a lot of really great, talented people at RYR. People who I would trust and who I would like to spend more time with. I guess that's the same with all companies in all professions.

In the spirit of Christmas I take this opportunity to wish everyone a bit of happiness in their quest for a paying job in flying, whether the funding comes from Mummy and Daddy, a huge a win on the National Lottery, a bit of an Inheritance, a job in the City ripping off the taxpayer or merely a good credit rating leading to an intimate relationship with Mr VISA.

:E

Callsign Kilo
15th Dec 2009, 17:36
smith, yes, well done. You are showing perspective. I hope it is a change of character and indeed not for the benefit of your reputation on pprune?

By the way, who is it that you work for?

Mr Beak

The very fact that the both of you give credence to this player/ game model to me shows you know that what you are doing is not right. It's an expression used by people who are comfortably arrogant that they are doing something they know is wrong, but they are benefitting from it so they don't 'care' for peoples opinions. It is an expression used by people trying to shift the blame or responsibility.

Sorry, been away from this for a while. I have been discussed this point before. I have said what has happened to the industry resembles a great pile of steaming excrement. At the same time I state that it is here to say. And everyone else that takes a similar viewpoint to your own are completely correct. I have contributed to the rot. There will always be reasons for and against. Let me once again explain my reason.

I will always acknowledge that there is balance to a constructive arguement. Whilst I understand the underlying reasons for earlier rants, I can't however see beyond what is occuring here. To say I am comfortably arrogant about it isn't true either. Arrogance is one of the worst traits that can be adopted by any human. I could never be comfortable with arrogance and anyone who feels the necessity to demonstrate it can go **** themselves royaly! I neither feel comfortable. Not in the 'true' sense of the word. Anybody who feels 'comfortable' in this industry are either naive, apathetic or just not that bright. I am however comfortable with my decision. Largely because it has worked well for me so far. You also have to accept that it isn't without its consequences. When in Ryanair you must maintain an open mind and be prepared for any eventualities. People who strut around this company who believe that they are immune to everything need to wake up. Those who show reality don't generally end up disappointed.

As for other viable routes. There aren't many left. If there were, I and thousands upon thousands of others would have been all over them. And that's not to say that I personaly didn't try. I swam in a holding pool, I ferried aircraft, I embarked on a FIC, I sought out a non-paying safety pilot role; I even turned down a job with t&cs that made absolutely no economic sense for both me and my family. Future options were non existant. Unfortunately the likes of Ryanair know this. Many others have caught on to this fact as well.

go around flaps15
15th Dec 2009, 20:25
A modular course and type rating can be done for nearly the same money as it is to do the ctc course and placement which employ so many of your EZY collegues. And some of the new ones will be asked to work as CC. And is it true a lot of them only go in there for 6 months? Easyjet are no angels either would it be fair to say? Most cadets at FR get between 30-50 hours a month at least in the winter. Their not told to completely do one after 6 months. In the context of EZY/ctc/cadets, is what I said fairly accurate?

TheBeak
16th Dec 2009, 08:17
Wait and see what Ryanairs next move is after the recent CTC/ Easyjet contract - Ryanair pride themselves on being at the forefront of exploitation.

Callsign Kilo, you come across as intelligent and your process towards becoming a pilot sounds like a self supported, reasoned and rational way into the airlines - no one can argue with it. The problem is the majority of people at Ryanair didn't pursue your way, they are like Lucair84 from Italy who will spend any amount of money so that he doesn't have to 'waste his time' like the rest of us and so 'he can get into a jet lol' (yeah, very funny) - He seems fairly fresh out of flight training and certainly hasn't given the industry the fairest of tests - recruitment in the most part in the Northern Hemisphere happens October - March. Why do people make this scheme their first port of call? Why not just try and have someone want you for the skills you have worked hard to attain rather than your short term cash injection? Different people feel different things I suppose, horses for courses and all that. Patience is a virtue......

irishpilot1990
16th Dec 2009, 08:36
because beak no one else will be taking on cadets between now and March obviously....those that do will take maybe 2 or 3.needless to say they can be filled without even making the job vacancy public.

Mikehotel152
16th Dec 2009, 09:30
Can things at RYR get any worse? :}

When I finished my IR in 2008 I bought a nice little book by an American chap. Although Yank-centric and a little dated due to the subsequent LO-CO revolution in Europe, it gave me plenty of helpful suggestions for pursuing a career in Aviation outside of the prevailing SSTR mould. At the time I had no interest in joining LO-COs and made dozens of very good contacts. I have no doubt that those seedlings would bear fruit in time.

The only reason I'm not going further down that route is my age. If I were 10 or even 5 years younger, I wouldn't choose to spend money in order to join a LO-CO and be treated like scum in order to prop up the profits of a selfish business model. I would be more tempted towards the real flying jobs. After all, what would you rather look back on when you retire: 35 years flying 6 sectors a day around Europe staring at the FMS or 35 years of mixed experience, including many different aircraft types, airports large and small, different companies and cultures? If your main aim in life is to make money this point will be lost on you.

I know we're in a recession and these are desperate times but there are options out there for commercial jobs if you really want to earn a living as a pilot, but they are not easy to find and most people these days are very, very lazy. You will have to be patient, but if your motivation is to 'fly' rather than gain some kind of ego boost in a jet, merely pressing CMD B at 1000ft 4 times a day, then you need to concentrate your energy on a long term strategy. When you're in your twenties you have so many more career options than you realise.

As for RYR, if your circumstances are such that it's an economically viable or the only option for you, then go for it. It's not as bad as the anti-Ryanair brigade suggest but make sure you go in with your eyes (and cheque-book) wide open. Grow a thick skin. You will be blamed by all and sundry for the demise of the industry. Accept it, move on. You'll earn a living. You'll get your hours. The World won't end because you joined RYR. The accountants and capitalist culture of money greed that has actually created the LO-CO phenomenon (excusing it as a social service because it brings low-cost travel to the great unwashed) will get away to their tax-haven mansions scot-free of any blame. Not that they would care anyway.

On a different but not incompatible tack, I have little sympathy for the older pilots who come on here crying about the demise of terms and pay. The good old days were the antithesis of today's LO-CO culture, where Governments (i.e. the Taxpayer) propped up unsound and wasteful business models, when only the wealthy travelled, paying over the odds for their tickets, allowing pilots to line their silk pockets working 'occasionally' before retiring on glorious pensions. No wonder those pilots are unhappy.

Obviously we all dream of a fairer industry; a meritocracy where only the most talented and hard-working get to the top, regardless of where the money comes from; a safer system where training is not rushed at TRTOs in order to get cheap cadets on the line and where flying experience is a pre-requisite for the more demanding jobs; a system where pilots are paid in proportion to their skills and time, and where Airlines value their human resources instead of finding every excuse to belittle them.

But this is 2009 and we're living in a society that rewards profit making above all else. It's not going to change. Make you own way through this mess but ignore advice at your peril.

RANT over....:(....Um, what was the original post? :p

Callsign Kilo
16th Dec 2009, 13:37
Beak, I get the impression that we are going round in circles here? Possibly understandable when strong opinions and; dare to say it, some assumptions are being voiced.

First of all, I didn't publish my eventual route to the unholy of unholies in order to give myself any justification. I did it to show what actually happened when things were considered to be quite bouyant in terms of jobs. I waited just over a year before starting with Ryanair. Putting this into perspective, a year is nothing. A training buddy of mine has only recently received a job offer with a well regarded UK TP operator. He waited over two and a half years without a sniff of anything substantial. Others will wait double that, treble that. Many hundreds will never get a job. That's the cold hard fact of it. Patience is completely exhausted. Whatever virtues they posess will be applied elsewhere.

To balance this out a bit, I show agreement to the fact that there are people who happily throw vast sums of cash at something in order to get the desired result. Ryanair are today's perpetrator. However I remember other arguements with similar noises to this one. If we stick to the low houred pilot and that elusive first job, then once upon a time it was integrated courses that were spawn of all evils. Modular students and those embarking upon the traditional self improvement route couldn't get jobs. Yet Ollie, Toby and James (the most common names of cadets from Oxford on FR TR courses I might add) were walking into the likes of BA, bmi, Jet2, easyJet etc with less than 200 hours total time! They were paying way over the odds for a CPL/IR and people were pointing the finger at them. These people were regarded as impatient, spoilt que jumpers who had no respect for the system. They were setting a benchmark to all future trainees. Cash is the answer!

Same thing goes with the SSTR and Line Training package. It left many by the wayside and caused heated debate after debate. Yet MyTravel (now Thomas Cook), bmi, Astraeus and easyJet all entertained it. I have come across many people who have achieved employment through it. It sends out the same rotten message and sets the level of expectation for future generations. And by the way both examples have consequences for the future of airline pilots.

You mention people like Lucair84 splashing the cash like a pilot equivalent of Paris Hilton on Rodeo Drive. Ryanair certainly have their fair few of these characters. But to say that the majoirty of people who go to Ryanair are like this is baseless. There are many who have sacrificed a lot or indeed have waited their time. Others didn't. I met many during my TR course a few summers ago. Every one completely naive and wet behind the ears. Yet they had nothing to compare Ryanair to and felt what they were doing was right. Every one was from an integrated background and I personally believed that they were feeling certain pressures. Course mates were off to BA, Lufthansa and KLM. They sniggered at little Dicky who went off to Air Southwest on the Dash. They were appauled that I came directly from a FIC.

You talk about empolyers wanting you for the skills that you attained during training. In my opinion they only want you because you are cheap and in some cases they can mould you into something that they eventually need. In Ryanair's case add the something that they can make money from aspect. Pilots will never have the upper hand again because the industry has become too small for them. It's a buyers market and the airline is the buyer. This won't change until this long awaited global pilot shortage occurs. I'm sure it's just around the corner. Just follow the yellow brick road, somewhere under a rainbow, far far away, in never-never land!

MIKECR
16th Dec 2009, 18:30
Yes mate...longest two and a half years of my life! Got there in the end though.

blackred1443
16th Dec 2009, 19:33
go around flaps what you said, for once i agree 100% with.the ezy/ctc scheme is absolutely appauling, insulting and shameful.it stinks.im ashamed of having anything to do with a company that would stoop so low.the worrying thing though is this is now a race to the bottom.ezy are trying to cut crew costs per seat.seemingly ezy crew are more expensive than ryr crew.makes u wonder how mol will retaliate, no way he will be out done in cost cutting!?makes you wonder exactly how poor the deals offered to new hires will get?
This is definetly not the time to be a contract f/o i.e ctc/brk. unfortunately i can see alot having to file for bankruptcy.I think this is about to spiral out of control.i have heard their is a queue of cadets lookin to sign the deal offered by this cancer to the industry that is ctc. the people who operate this ctc con job both instructors/managers are the same pilots who have had their pockets lined during the good years and now they shaft the next generation of hopefulls and naive wanabees.they make me sick.how they sleep at night knowing they are driving young men/women to almost certain bankruptcy,despair and constant financial stress is beyond me.hang your head in same you are an insult to the piloting fraternity.heres to karma!!

unfortunately this industry is now driven much like the banks by ruthless greed.talk about profit at all cost!i for one hope the ba cabin crew nail willy walsh to the door.hes going to take 750k this year, the same man was a union hot head in ei.oh how the gamekeeper has turned poacher.

TheBeak
18th Dec 2009, 09:32
UPDATE 2-Ryanair pulls out of talks for 200 Boeing planes | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE5BH07U20091218?type=marketsNews)

Ryanairs downfall is coming into full swing. It would be insignifcant for most airlines but then, as we know, this isn't your average airline. This is VERY significant. What is it you guys and girls about to do a TR are going to fly? You simply can't keep increasing pilots, not increase aircraft and expect for hours per month (when you are paid hourly) to not decrease.

WELL DONE BOEING.

What makes me laugh are the people who say that Ryanair don't make money out of these TRs. Have you not noticed the only airlines that are recruiting are PTF airlines. Wake up and smell the coffee.

blackred1443
18th Dec 2009, 11:42
there is still over 150 aircraft to arrive....thats a lot of first officers still required so how do you mean there will be nothing to fly?

RTÉ Business: Boeing breakdown sparks Ryanair shift (http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/1218/ryanair.html)

I think you will find thats 112 over 3 years,but it is incredible expansion in such times, the above link does make for interesting reading. i think the expansion rate has started the shake MOL a little, in such tough times. Where the hell do you put so many aircraft in what is practically a worldwide recession(i realise some euro zone econmies are now technically expanding), with forecasts now of rising inflation. How do you get the yields....reduced rates for your contract pilots as this is the easiest thing to do with crew costs. Just look at easyjet!In saying that though i am pleased ezy have sowed expansion, its down to about 25 airbus in the next 3 years.Probably a much safer strategy, cash in the bank is probably king right now.Aviation has such a marked seasonal variation now too.Could be very interesting times for all ahead. Definitely not the time to be a contract F/O in my opinion.Hope ye have an understanding bank manager!!I think the SH1T is about to hit the fan

Merry Xmas

go around flaps15
18th Dec 2009, 12:36
But yet over 2 billion in cash reserves. The bubble of expansion will burst eventually. No dispute on that one. It will be 2012 at least before that happens. 4 new routes from Bournemouth, another aircraft gone into Glasgow, 38th new base in Malaga, 39th new base Faro, 3 new aircarft in alicante, 6 new routes Charleroi, 2 new routes Weeze. And we are sitting in the middle of a recession in the middle of winter. Whoever joins Ryanair now should have at least 5 years before god knows what happens. But then again you never really know in this fickle, ruthless, unpredictable, industry. Fickle I do not think Ryanair are(not at the moment anyway). Ruthless and unpredictable in business terms? Most definitely.

blackred1443
18th Dec 2009, 12:50
But dont ryr have to pay for those 112 737 yet. i do remember reading somewhere that ryr actually have a net debt of a little over 100 million.its one thing opening bases and new routes, its another thing putting bums on seats and making money. Just ask aer lingus at gatwick, their loads are crap.

go around flaps15
18th Dec 2009, 12:54
I agree blackred. But at the moment, (moment) being the operative word their getting bums on seats. But for how long? We could argue on that one all day mate. Who knows?

blackred1443
18th Dec 2009, 13:03
Oh i know, its going to be carnage i think at both ezy and ryr.I think its not the time to be a contract f/o
.so does that mean ryr will scale back recruitment?Easyjet now reckon they need 200 f/os.....strange that now that they have started to charge for a type rating.!!Very little commands,low attrition rates and only 6 new aircrft this year but 200 f/os........haha:ok:

Skyhigh86
18th Dec 2009, 18:08
Im sure they will adjust their recruitment plans accordingly even though its a good little fundraiser.

They cancelled all TRs last autumn and started them again in March/April. Despite popular belief they are not the recruitment behemoth thats very much popularised on here.

Although at the end of the day as Blackred rightfully says its about putting bums on seats, they are very aggressively sewing up the market by opening bases here there and everywhere.

I think it will be the end of 2010 whether it will be seen if it has payed off. Its a wee bit premature of the beak to be jumping predicting the end of the world for all FR FO's.

Its not like this deal fall through was highly unexpected, the warning signs have been around for a least a month. There was no way Boeing would do a deal just like 2001, which MOL was pressing for.

blackred1443
18th Dec 2009, 18:20
I just wonder have ezy and ryr taking this lost cost thing as far as is can go in europe.between ezy and ryr they have to find a home for 150 aircraft over the next 3 years that sounds like an awful lot on a continent not in the best economic state.most major european cities now have a low cost airline serving their airport. Like i said i would be getting more than a little anxious if i was a BRK/CTC F/o.Where will all this expansion happen

Skyhigh86
18th Dec 2009, 18:33
Absolutely.

Hence the aggressive approach to bases, 2 announced less than 24 hours apart. Possible 40th on the way(any bets for LGW).

Talk of expansion into Latvia, Estonia etc. Where next russia?

Remember that FR has the ability to undercut other airlines in just about every area, all about price for pax unfortunately these days.

Massively risky of course, although as i said earlier it will take a good year before we start to see results(both positive or negative). The summers are where it counts now, FR and EZY both realise that they cant make money in the winter.

Just seemed a bit silly from the usual suspects to be claiming that this is the end.

blackred1443
18th Dec 2009, 18:59
i think strong odds on gatwick,im not sure about russia.too much corruption for ryr i would have thought.but latvia and all those former russian states very likely.but like you said it will probably take 12 to 18 months before we see what exactly happens.my money is on a ryr that has over stretched itself.we shall see

jupilair
18th Dec 2009, 20:57
Just to make the point clear about the fact that Fr is getting money for the self sponsored TR...well...let's just say that by bought aircraft they received 10 free type rating...It's mean they have bought 250 A/C to date so it's about 2500 free type rating...it's about 70.000.000 Euro direct in the pocket for FR...I guess a lot of company would love to receive so much money by hiring people.
And for the next base my guess is PMI (Palma) to put Air Berlin out of business;-)

smith
19th Dec 2009, 13:55
Hi folks, just back from a 5 day trip to sunny LA, apologies again for my demeaning tone in earlier posts. Read through them all and realised what a nasty barsteward I sounded. I'm not really like that in real life but these are anonymous forums so can vent anger un-noticed.:}

Can't see Russia being a starter for FR, pax have to apply months ahead for travel visas so the hop on the plane for a weekend trip will be out the window.

blackred1443
20th Dec 2009, 09:21
A little xmas present for all those that keep telling me ryr are the only gig in town......and to the best of my knowledge they bond rather than charge for TR. also you might get a proper contract....imagine that.there are at least two operators offering or about to offer somthing similiar and in the eu.

boogi
20th Dec 2009, 18:56
Hi Guys,

I applied online 1 year ago (nov 2008) at CAE and Oxford Aviation Academy. I've got 1400 hours but no TP and JAR25. Is anybody who apply late 2008 has got an interview? Could I have a chance to take an interview next year?

Appreciate any response,

Many thanks,

Boogi http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

smith
23rd Dec 2009, 10:02
Listen guys a bit of good news, as of 09:12 this morning a vacancy for a Captain and a Cadet became available at Prestwick. :ok:

Sorry guys couldn't resist it :}

go around flaps15
23rd Dec 2009, 10:51
Smith you have about as much tact and wit as a garden snail. Grow up fella.

TheBeak
23rd Dec 2009, 10:55
At least they will have a use for at least one of those planes they still have to come.

Torque Tonight
23rd Dec 2009, 11:40
A very minor event concerning a Ryanair aircraft and Beak is literally jizzing his pants - it's Christmas come early for him! Enjoy!:ok:

hollingworthp
23rd Dec 2009, 11:46
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! :\

TheBeak
23rd Dec 2009, 12:09
Yeah sorry about that, I couldn't control myself.

As an aside, here is a Christmas present for you - I actually think Ryanair is the scheme to do at the moment. It's the best of a bad bunch. You've converted me.

captain_quagmire
23rd Dec 2009, 12:11
Obviously unaware of Ryanairs "No Blame" policy, oh well hardly surpising.

smith
23rd Dec 2009, 12:43
Obviously an interview with no biscuits for them.

Maybe urban legend but I was under the impression that FR pilots were always walking on egg shells about their jobs, with no union representation they could be sacked for just about anything and a place would be free for another 30k type rating. Apologies if I am wrong.

:ugh:

Torque Tonight
23rd Dec 2009, 12:59
Awww, thanks mate! Have a good one! (And I am being serious - I am a nice guy deep down, even if I do like to go into bat against you from time to time).:ok:

ps Smith, you're wrong.

Skyhigh86
23rd Dec 2009, 13:09
Maybe urban legend but I was under the impression that FR pilots were always walking on egg shells about their jobs, with no union representation they could be sacked for just about anything and a place would be free for another 30k type rating. Apologies if I am wrong.

It is an urban legend, one of thousands told about ryanair.

smith
23rd Dec 2009, 13:15
lol torque

Yeah a good healthy arguement is great fun, ask my wife. I always like a wee bit of black humour thrown in too.

One of my favourute sketches, Monty Pythons Arguement Clinic

YouTube - Argument Clinic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y)

Just watch up until he leaves John Cleese's office, hilarious.

I do actually agree that FR is the only option at the moment but I suppose it is just the situation we are in. For example in medicine, dentistry etc there is a finite number of students allowed each year, in aviation there is no limit on the numbers who can train, the economic situation at the moment compounds the numbers available at the moment.

Have a good Christmas one and all!:ok:

Callsign Kilo
24th Dec 2009, 10:29
Just to refute another popular misconception, I haven't heard of too many receiving tea and biscuits in Dublin for every indiscretion possible. In most instances either your Base Captain or OFDM facilitor will discuss any matters that come to light. As much as many would just love to believe, I haven't come across an 'issue the P45 now, ask questions after' policy. Sorry to disappoint.

However in the interests of adding balance, here are two areas where you can expect a meeting with our Chief Pilot.

1. Gate bust. We have clearly set criteria for a stabalised approach along with a specific call advocating the PMs position at a critical period. Should the criteria not be met then the result is more often an unstabilised and possible high energy approach. Failure to react to a EGPWS 'hard' warning won't receive too much praise either. Ryanair aren't keen on these and the OFDM never lies.

2. TOC Warning horn activation - Attempt to take off with Flaps unset or stab trim out of range will certainly raise attention. A major campaign has been put in place to ensure specific steps are taken right up to departure to ensure everything is set to go, each checklist is actioned, ch allenged and responded to. Ryanair are aware of how a checklist, a scan or a flow pattern can easily be broken, largely due to external factors. They have put a number of procedures in place to ensure it doesn't occur. The Madrid incident with Spanair really highlighted its importantance. The procedures were well in place before the accident occured. The company has a no tolerance policy this.

So these two things can land you in bother. Why not? Both acts of negligence, if a court were concerned. I'm sure the majority of airlines would take a similar view. Level Bust is another area that creates attention and requires the 'pulling' of the CVR CB. I can't see any reason to dispute any of these policies. What's your carriers policy, smith? Maybe enlighten upon what policies XL had in place, Beak?

As for the guys in PIK yesterday, sorry to oppose contrary belief, however they will remain very much employed.

turbine100
24th Dec 2009, 11:01
Read the OAA site for the type rating costs which are published. In their brochure it did not mention anything regarding starting salaries etc.

1) Firstly, what is the real cost for the type rating, assuming travel / living etc? I read the accommodation cost in Sweden is between 50 - 120 per day and the course length is around 8 weeks.

2) Once completed, do you pay for the 6 T&G's in the A/C or is this included?

3) While line training, do you get a salary that you can live on and what are the increments for future earnings?

Rhodes13
24th Dec 2009, 11:05
turbine Im sure if you used the grey matter between your ears and searched pprune and even this thread you would find all the information you need to know.

And the touch and go's are included in the cost of the type. :ok:

turbine100
24th Dec 2009, 11:16
Rhodes

This thread is over 80 pages, did'nt want to get anything out of date or wrong :ok:

Will search around

Cheers

Allioth
24th Dec 2009, 22:35
Hi guys,
today I got the answer from the interview I did on the 18th of december in STN... Negative...
Anyone who was with me got in? I know of a couple of you who had the same answer... Hope someone got through...
Anyway, wish all a nice(r) christmas, and a happy(ier) new year.
Allioth

woofly31
4th Jan 2010, 13:38
Can anyone who has been through the Ryanair scheme or selection in the last couple of months or has just started the scheme confirm a few things please. Recent info only please:

1: How much is the Type Rating course as of now?

2: Is it true that you can succesffully reclaim the tax back from the costs of the Scheme. If so how much can you be looking at reclaiming?

3: Where are new guys getting based, are you getting close to a preferred option?

4: What is the current take home for a low houred cadet after all deductions ie: Tax, NI, Accountants share and what ever else they can find to charge you for?

5: How do you get East Midlands as a Type Rating Centre?

Cheers guys.:ok:

antinnz82
6th Jan 2010, 03:18
Could I also ask about funding for the type rating course. Are the banks offering loans on the basis of the BRK contract or does it require extra security such as a house or a guarantor.

Any help appreciated
Cheers

blackred1443
6th Jan 2010, 07:52
Why would the banks give you the loanon the strength of a BRK contract without security. Remember the contract promises you nothing i.e no guarantee of any earnings whatsoever.
I would imagine their isn't a hope in hell of you getting the money without giving the bank the security of someones house. The BRK contract would be way too much of a risk for any bank.

cruisepilot
9th Jan 2010, 17:29
Question:

I was wondering... If you applied to Ryanair end of December, how long would it take to hear something?
And how many Cadets are they taking this year?
Is the recruiting permanently or does it stop sometimes, to continue after a few months?

greets

antinnz82
10th Jan 2010, 03:50
yeah, that's what i thought.

Halfwayback
10th Jan 2010, 10:12
This thread is slowly meandering back to the original subject after being dragged 'off topic' by those with a grudge.

Can we endeavour to keep it 'on' topic please? It will save me having to delete the off topic posts in future.

HWB

TheBeak
10th Jan 2010, 14:56
HWB it has never been about having a grudge, it has been about opposing what is wrong. There are now new lows in the industry and bigger targets to focus ones 'grudge' on and thus your workload has reduced. The Ryanair deal is now relatively good.

cruisepilot
10th Jan 2010, 22:44
Ontopic Thank you...

Question:

I was wondering... If you applied to Ryanair end of December, how long would it take to hear something?
And how many Cadets are they taking this year?
Is the recruiting permanently or does it stop sometimes, to continue after a few months?

greets

go around flaps15
10th Jan 2010, 22:59
There is no set or ballpark time as to when you will hear from FR regarding an interview. Most will not get an interview. They will be recruiting for most of 2010. Be prepared that you might never hear from them. That is the harsh reality of it.

zerotohero
11th Jan 2010, 02:06
lol

Its not changed for the better.

FR deal is you pay around €33,500 for a 737-300/800 type rating and provided you pass it you get base training, provided you pass that you get line trained, provided you pass that (around 80sectors normal) you stay on as a contract pilot to Ryanair through a company called brookfield, you pay for all you accomidation and food ect while doing the type rating then once doing line training and you are released from the safty pilot (spare F/O) you get €35.50 per schedualed block hour of flying, then €55.50 after line training compleate, then €70.50 after 500hours on type then €78.50 after 1500hours on type. (command time is 2900hours but that may have changed on new contracts?)

There is no guarantee of hours but expect a yearly average of 600-750 based on most F/O's average, work 11 months a year with an extra 10 days holiday to take as and when.

You have to set up a limited company in Ireland useing one of Brookfields accountants who charge you 3% of your wage to do your tax return that is paid in Ireland no matter where you live!, its all fairly easy if you fill in all the forms they send you and save every reciept you can to offset against tax!

down side should they no longer require your services they just dont roster your to fly and you get no €€€! also no sick pay no holiday pay no LOL no uniforms you pay your own airside ID and medical,,, basicly everything is paid by you, so save reciepts eat well and stay fit so you can fly, now have 39 bases at last count? expanding in Portugal Italy and Spain so likly to be based in those places, But people still be sent to other bases in UK too and Leeds opening in March.

Plus side all the free hot water you can drink! plus many many other things but ill go go into them on here as its been discussed to death.

Hope that is usefull.

ZTH

blackred1443
11th Jan 2010, 08:28
Permenant Contract..............LOL

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 09:41
Same can be said of Easy LOL

Callsign Kilo
11th Jan 2010, 13:45
600 is a bit on the low side? 700 is average about now. Forget 900 hrs unless you are a skipper

cruisepilot
11th Jan 2010, 13:49
On what does it depend then to get an interview?

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 14:04
Pure luck.

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 15:10
When the assessments are being run it usually compromises of two interview days per week. 8 cadets interviewed and sim checked per day. I have heard of success rate as low as 2 or 3 cadets per 16 assessed at times. And then theres paying for the type rating if successful. Dont know which is harder? Getting an assessment , passing an assessment or paying for the rating? Tough times is putting it mildly.:(

Skyhigh86
11th Jan 2010, 17:22
Be under no false pretensions about the selection procedure.

People will and do get turfed very often. More often than not its those who feel that Ryanair is a somewhat wooden spoon airline and only begrudgingly applied when they realised that they wern't going to be headhunted by BA upon finishing at oxford etc.....

smith
11th Jan 2010, 17:52
People will and do get turfed very often

The cynics amongst us could say that this is part of the MOL business plan in that he gets the ££££'s for the assesment.

To take it one step further they could select really rubbish candidates for the TR knowing full well they won't make it but they still get the £30k. Then again that would be immoral.

Airbusfreak
11th Jan 2010, 17:53
go around flaps 15 brilliant post sounds like your in the exact same predicament as me....

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 17:54
Smith then again most that go through the type rating get through it. So what a load of nonsense that is. Airbusfreak no predicament here.

Airbusfreak
11th Jan 2010, 17:59
haha you looking for a job then??

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 18:04
Got one. And have had for some time. You?

smith
11th Jan 2010, 18:09
Dont know which is harder? Getting an assessment , passing an assessment or paying for the rating?

................. or sleeping in your car :ok:

Listen guys I have now realised that the way aviation is going has changed forever and for everybody. The t&c's will never be the same and being treated like a human being is over now. It is creeping into every company. Normally the salary paid to people was proportional to the skills and education one possesed, nowadays pay is inversely proportional to the number of qualified people.

The problem with flying is that in the initial stages it is like a sport or hobby, its like a bug that grips you and keeps pushing you forward to do more and more. People like me advocate not to do the training now, wait for the green shoots of recovery before starting training, however if that bug keeps eating away inside you its hard to say no. Its like someone saying to me not to play golf for two years until the recession ends, I just don't think I could do it.

go around flaps15
11th Jan 2010, 18:18
Sleeping in cars? Maybe 4 or 5 years ago when the starting pay was very poor with FR.

Skyhigh86
11th Jan 2010, 18:19
The cynics amongst us could say that this is part of the MOL business plan in that he gets the ££££'s for the assesment.

To take it one step further they could select really rubbish candidates for the TR knowing full well they won't make it but they still get the £30k. Then again that would be immoral.

Absolutely and im sure they make money out of their assessments.

To date in east midlands anyways, no cadet has failed the TR. They would be shooting themselves in the foot, before long people would find out about this and not sign up.

stefair
12th Jan 2010, 17:31
Skyhigh86, Are you really sure about that? A pretty reliable source at RYR (cockpit crew, currently employed by them) mentioned one guy on his TR course failing his base check twice, which led to him being kicked out.

Can people please post here when they applied to RYR and how long they had to wait for the call. Thanks a lot.

Skyhigh86
12th Jan 2010, 17:42
Skyhigh86, Are you really sure about that? A pretty reliable source at RYR (cockpit crew, currently employed by them) mentioned one guy on his TR course failing his base check twice, which led to him being kicked out.

To date in east midlands anyways, no cadet has failed the TR

Well they could of been from the other TR places? The statistic i heard about EMA was highly reliable.

IrishJetdriver
12th Jan 2010, 19:39
If there is a test or assessment then you can fail it. Be that the interview, sim ride, ground school, LPC, base check or line training/check.

Not many do fail, and rightly so becasue it shows the assessment process works. When I joined FR 3 years ago there was 1 failure in my group and 1 on the group behind.

It does happen in any airline. FR are very fair if someone struggles. If you need extra sim time you can have it but you pay for it. If you need to do the circuits again then FR pays for it. If you need extra line training FR pays for it.

Paying for a TR in no way guarantees you'll pass. You'll most likely pass. You need to put the effort in though.

Out of interest, I came in as DEC from another airline. So far, I have received everything that was promised at interview, been treated reasonably in general, found the aircraft and crews and routes to be great and engineering is top notch. No complaints so far.

At the moment FR have the opportunity to pick the best. So they will. It's a safer bet for them. After all, they have a business to run and no obligation to give anyone a job who cares to apply.

Torque Tonight
12th Jan 2010, 21:38
Likewise. Don't believe all the bulls--t you read about Ryanair on Pprune.

Make no mistake though, if a trainee cannot meet the standards required, even after being given extra training, they'll probably be chopped. That applies to Ryanair just the same as it applies to British Airways, the RAF or any other flying organization. If that comes as a shock to anyone trying to enter the industry then they need to have a word with themselves.

However, the training is excellent and I do not know of anyone who has been chopped, and the old rumour of people being sacked to make way for new trainees is just that - a rumour. I also happen to know how much the Sim Instructors and Training Captains get paid, and I wouldn't be so sure that the airline makes a profit on training.

It is most certainly not a case of anyone with a wodge of cash being able to buy a position - selection is very competitive, and RYR is in a position to pick and chose the most competent applicants. I too flew professionally before joining RYR and was impressed by the standards of the young guys who made it as FOs.

For those bemoaning declining terms & conditions then sure, being a contractor rather than an employee wouldn't be my choice, but RYR guys actually earn pretty good money. Sleeping in cars - err, whatever.

go around flaps15
12th Jan 2010, 21:52
SFI's on the Brookfield contract are on very good money per day. And the sim instructors that are captains on the Brookfield contract are 50 euros away from being twice what the SFI's are on. Let me assure you if you get instructing at FR the money is very very good.

High-higher
12th Jan 2010, 21:53
Agree with the 2 posts above.

Skyhigh86
13th Jan 2010, 21:12
Be careful chaps your contravening the rules of pprune by portraying FR in a good light;)

Theres good money to be earnt at FR full stop especially with the exchange rate at the mo, i personally refuse to believe stories of FO's sleeping in cars.

lpokijuhyt
13th Jan 2010, 21:32
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need to work....now. Briefly, I have appx. 4000 hours total time. I am Type Rated in the B744, B747, Learjet 35 and Westwind 1124A. I hold both the JAA and FAA ATPL license(s).

I would like to fly with RyanAir. When I go to the website, I really don't fit into the Command category because I do not have time in the 737. So, I went to the cadet link. I wrote my email and application to Oxford and CAE. I was told I didn't quite fit the role of "cadet." What does that mean? I have too much experience? How is that a negative thing? So, should I reapply and lie concerning my hours and say that I only have 250 hours? I'm really confused.

I really need to work. I have a wife and small child and have been scraping by working at my local supermarket as a cashier.

Can somebody explain how one becomes a pilot with RyanAir? I'm willing to hide my experience if that is what it takes.

stefair
14th Jan 2010, 13:02
Can some of you please state when they applied and when they got the call for an interview? I hear OAA grads get the call fairly quickly but not so if you trained somewhere else? Thanks for help.

IrishJetdriver
14th Jan 2010, 13:40
If you're a captain with the relevant experience as per the careers pages on ryanair.com, they'd like to hear from you. If you have no airline experience they'd like to hear from you. If you don't fall in to either of those then the chances are very slim. If your experience is of aircraft of 19,999kg or less then I believe that puts you in the "no experience" bracket. A buddy of mine was a captain on the twotter and came as a cadet. Unfortunately for you, I think the 74 is heavier than that.

It's really clear cut with Ryanair. They know what they want and they know there's plenty of eager applicants who fit the requirements.

Keep your eye out and try when you can. The only way is via the approved links on the website. Don't lie to a carrier. They'll find out. Easy in your case because the types are on your licence.

go around flaps15
14th Jan 2010, 16:46
No it's not worth it. Do it on a 737 200 for a third of that price. And then hope you get the call.

go around flaps15
14th Jan 2010, 17:51
I mean Simtech, European, etc etc. I don't mean any FTO in particular.

I do mean don't pay 6k plus for an MCC. Not worth it. That's my oppinion.

737-500
14th Jan 2010, 18:19
I did my MCC with pathfinders in Dublin on the 732. The best 4.5K I ever spent. The course is well set up and they really focus on hand flying which is what you really need for the Ryanair assessment. Have a look at their website PATHFINDERS - Aviation Services (http://www.pathfinders.ie)

zerotohero
14th Jan 2010, 19:58
I did my MCC at London Met in a Kingair for £1850

save the money and study for the interview, you dont get a leg up because you did a Ryanair Approved MCC for daft money! (my opinion of course)

Airbusfreak
15th Jan 2010, 19:31
i also did my mcc in pathfinders in dublin.. update now they have their hands on an 800.. myself and 737-500 would done it on 200.. what a laugh.. and go-around no dont have a job but have an interview coming up..

cruisepilot
16th Jan 2010, 19:06
How many first officers are they recruiting in 2010?
Also more experienced people?

Callsign Kilo
17th Jan 2010, 15:08
Said it before, will say it again.

DON'T REVISE JEPESSEN PROFILES based on previous assessments. They vary widely from Ryanair bases to destinations.

STRONG CRM, Flexibility, Situational Awareness and a good level of handling/IR ability for cadet entry level is what is required. Expect to fly the NG with no auto throttle/auto pilot and classic 6 display. FDs can be off for one exercise and on for another, depending on the exercise and the assessor. Follow the published brief relating to SOPs along with the pitch and power settings supplied by the training department.

Did I mention CRM? CRM, CRM, CRM....That's another 3 times in order for it to sink in!

All the best

chesthair
17th Jan 2010, 17:44
Yup, gotta agree with Callsign Kilo there. It's much about the CRM.

Did the assessment october at EMA myself and everything you need to know about the sim will be sent to you in advance!

Our assessor did let us choose if we wanted FDs or AP on for certain periods but his general advice was; dont use any equipment for the first time in the assessment. And that is my advice too.

Regarding the pre-studying of jeppesen-plates. I hardly believe that they are interested in your ability to specifically fly the WAL2T departure at liverpool, or any other SID/STAR for that matter.

My point is, if you want to get an advantage, your focus should not be on what specific departures or procedures the previous cadettes did. Just study up on your MCC workbook, callouts and general ATPL knowledge.

And as far as the flying goes, it's all about what you and your sim partner perform as a team.

Technically the flying is just basic instrument flying and scanning. Establish an attitude, if it doesn't result in the desired speed/VS/altitude or whatever, adjust as necessary and make sure to keep your PM in the loop!

DME11.2
21st Jan 2010, 14:45
What is the outlouk for 2010? Will they continue to hire? Any idea on the amount?
Already applied some time ago but still nothing...

Skyhigh86
21st Jan 2010, 20:25
Assuming you start in Ryanair with Multi-IR, MCC:-
At present the type rating for the 737-800 costs about E30K (assuming no extra training required when in SAS/CAE/etc). You need an additional 6-7000 euro to pay for hotel, food, accommodation for the 2 months duration of the type rating plus your own B&B/hotels & food&taxis&other travel&other expenses throughout line training.
Starting type rating to starting online is approximately 4.5 months given perfect weather, aircraft availablity for basecheck, doing basecheck straight after type rating, that intake of cadets doesnt come to a halt midway thru ur typerating/line training etc etc.
NOTE: You have an income of ZERO euro all this time versus outgoing of E37K.
Over the following 4 years your income (takehome pay) whether employed as a Brookfield First Officer, or, as a full time ryanair First Officer, totals E150,000 (E37.5K/yr).
So think about it....You're already down approx E138,000 for pilot training and type rating and line training costs, and 4 years later youve made 150,000!
In these times of recession and banks not lending, and the "bank-of-mum&dad" non-existant this would be a nonsence move.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gif

On a loan of that magnitude the bank's interest is astronomical!!!! and with only 150K made over 4 years theres a snowball's chance in hell of making any progress with paying it off on that income & having any proper standard of living for you if you're not married or single and/or your family if not single.

Another point, the only other hirer in these times is easyjet which is very difficult to get into and all you need to do is do a quick search for the shocking situation at easyjet and the situation with FOs.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif

Right lets iron a few things out;

YR1 based on say 750 hours;

35x 150 euros(say line training); 5250 euros
55x 350(remaining hours till 500 hr increase); 19250 euros
75x 250(taking you up to 750 hours for the yr); 18750
YR 1 gross; 43250 euros

YR 2 say 650 hours( as your more expensive remember)

100 x 75(taking you up to 1500 where pay increases again); 7500 euros
550x 80(next increase); 44000
YR 2 gross; 51500 euros

YR 3 say 650 hours again

650X 80= 52800 euros gross

at about 3.5 - 4 yrs you could expect a command upgrade.

133 euros x 650 hours(this is very very conservative, as skippers fly their arses off);
86450 euros

So we come in with a very conservative total gross of 23400 euros after 5 years of service; averaging 46800 euros per year.

my head hurts now:ugh:

Its not something to be taken lighty, think long and hard as its a very big risk. yet the rewards are certainly there in ryanair, i dont think any of the anti-FR brigade can deny that.

Torque Tonight
21st Jan 2010, 20:49
Maverick, if you spend 7000 Euros on food and accommodation for two months then I'm sure you will be broke for the rest of your career. Seriously, are you budgeting on 5 star hotels and restaurant meals every night!

Pretty much every single one of the figures you gave in your post is junk. I'm not saying that the Ryanair deal isn't a huge financial consideration but your numbers are out for sure.

IrishJetdriver
21st Jan 2010, 21:11
3 years ago I spend £92 on 6 nights at EMA travelodge and a further 672euro on 8 weeks accommodation in Haarlem. Just add petrol to EMA and bus tickets/food etc in Holland and you're nowhere near 6-7k additional costs.

Skyhigh86
21st Jan 2010, 21:12
You need an additional 6-7000 euro to pay for hotel, food, accommodation for the 2 months duration of the type rating plus your own B&B/hotels & food&taxis&other travel&other expenses throughout line training.

7000 euro in 2 months!!!! possibly only if your doing your TR in amsterdam and need some entertainment:E

Airbusfreak
22nd Jan 2010, 20:43
anyone on here have a tr in april?????? pm me

Ronand
23rd Jan 2010, 12:42
Do you guys know if it is possible to even get a loan for the T/R on the brookfield contract if you don't own anything like a house or property to secure the loan? It seems like you will need arround 40-45k to get started....

Airbusfreak
23rd Jan 2010, 18:09
so i have a cpl/meir that i spent 80 grand on but you want me to continue to work in the 8 euro 65 cent an hour call centre cold calling people that i got a job in after training... ya good advice boi... go back to bed

Torque Tonight
23rd Jan 2010, 21:54
Ego writing cheques your body can't cash, huh Mav?

Now, try again, to read my post correctly

OK, let's try that.

You need an additional 6-7000 euro to pay for hotel, food, accommodation for the 2 months duration of the type rating

Which prompted me to say that if you spend 7k on food and accomm for two months you are a mug. During my type rating I spent about 20% of that, maybe £1200, and lived very comfortably. But in your latest post you wrote:

4.5 months. NO INCOME. 2 months for a hotel in SAS and CAE? add other expenses beyond your basic room! Now pay for 2.5 to 3 months for a hotel/B&B, food & other expenses, during your line training....NO INCOME STILL!... plus existing loans to pay off, the list goes on..yes it is 6-7000 euro!

Which of course is not what you wrote before. Nothing wrong with my reading ability, pal.

Ask any ryanair pilot

I am one, and I don't really recognise much of what you describe. Perhaps you will do as I have done and disclose your interest here and hence where you are getting your 'facts' from, or are you just regurgitating the rumours you hear like many Ryanair commentators. I really don't need you to tell me how terrible things are when, given the general state of the industry, FR is actually a pretty damn good place to be.

BTW,

during your line training....NO INCOME STILL!...

Wrong again, I'm afraid. After safety pilot release, about two to three weeks into line training you are earning money. Are you just guessing when you make these sweeping statements?

go around flaps15
24th Jan 2010, 00:47
Please tell me about these paycuts in FR? This should be good.:rolleyes:

No pay during line training? 35 euros per hour after safety pilot release actually. Then 56, then 70, then 78.

How can you talk so much s:mad:t in just one post?

irishpilot1990
24th Jan 2010, 03:37
dont feed the mole/troll/trouble maker:ok: untill he has evidents for his "facts" at least

jiffajaffa
24th Jan 2010, 10:36
Paycuts have been issued in Brookfield (remember you are not a RYR employee, RYR employees have recieved pay freezes) my contract is 75.5 per hour new lads joining on 5 euro less per hour across the board. There is some truth behind the costs of living away during the line training and TR hotel rooms cost in the region of 50 euro per night. I found a house to rent on the TR so was lucky enough as for some of my friends ended up staying in hotels and weren't so lucky! as for the line training.. lets get something straight here YOU ARE PAID however after you are safety pilot released after a min 12 sectors average 20-25 sectors however you wont see any pay until the following month (paid monthly) the costs do mount up during line training. Hotel rooms costing you a min of 50 euro per night work an average of 15 days a month thats 750 euro usually takes a couple of months to finish the training thats 1500euro hotel costs alone then take into account food, drink, transport etc so do think of the bigger picture when planning you expenses for a RYR training scheme.

JJ

Torque Tonight
24th Jan 2010, 11:15
Sure, any numpty can spend £50, £100, or more per night in a hotel. Anyone with an ounce of common sense (this is where a lot of posters seem to be having trouble) can do a lot better than that. My TR accommodation was £320 per month about 10 minutes away from the airport. £20 per day covered my food and accommodation bill.

Yes, the line trg can be a financially tense time, because although you are earning, like virtually every other job in the world you are paid in arrears. During much of line trg I did use a hotel and had to put it on my credit card. £35/per night 5 mins walk to the crewroom. Credit card paid off in full with my first paycheck and enough left over to start putting a dent in my type rating expenses. A little bit of financial common sense works wonders. Unfortunately, many commentators here choose the worst case scenario as typical, expect to live as far beyond their means as possible, guess most of the facts and pluck the figures out of their ar$es. Standard Pprune Ryanair thread.

smith
24th Jan 2010, 20:01
Torque.

You are dead cool!

blackred1443
24th Jan 2010, 21:24
I can feel a song coming on Mr. Torque.....Smooth Operator

Torque Tonight
25th Jan 2010, 00:41
Laugh all you like fellas.

SD.
25th Jan 2010, 09:44
Go around flaps 15 -

I may be wrong but I believe anyone signing a BRK contract recently is on €5 less sbh than someone who signed 2 year ago. That's a pay cut of €4kish?

fpuentegomez
26th Jan 2010, 14:06
question: about how long did it take from applying at CAE and getting the call/e-mail for the assessment?
thnx in advance

SD.
26th Jan 2010, 15:23
irishpilot1990

Other companies are on their knees and if it means taking a TEMPORARY pay cut of freeze then so be it. But MOL apparently has €2 bil in the bank, hardly staring bankruptcy in the face is he?

Unfortunately it seems RYR threads get 2 ends of the spectrum, RYR haters and MOL bum boys. Neither of which give a true reflection to the cadets asking questions.

Yes I have been through the system. If you asked me to recommend the 'job' now, probably not. I don't have any regrets on signing up when I did, but I don't think I'd do it now.

Given the fact that due to the £ / € rate, the increase of the type rating costs, 5€ less sbh, forcing cadets to sign up to a contract that binds you in with an irish accountant on PAYE and the way screwing and rostering fcuk around with annual leave or should I put "winter leave".

Take it for what it is.

cruisepilot
26th Jan 2010, 18:01
Does anybody have any information regarding the assessment at Stansted?

What kind of ATPL questions, and do they use standard departures en arrivals in the simulator.

Every hint would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

go around flaps15
26th Jan 2010, 19:25
Do not learn arrivals.

Do not learn departures.

Do read up on atpl theory.

Do become familair with pitch power settings for raw data flying on a 737.

Do learn previous IFR knowledge. For example what kind of entries into a hold?

CRM CRM CRM.

Do not try to out perform, expose, your sim partner. No matter how bad things are going for him/her try and help as much as possible.

If you are competing against your sim partner you will stand out like a sore thumb.

For all the wrong reasons.

cruisepilot
26th Jan 2010, 19:28
What are the most important ATPL topics to revise for the assessment?

go around flaps15
26th Jan 2010, 19:57
They're all important pal. Ace the technical pilot interview is the book required.

Airbusfreak
26th Jan 2010, 20:15
ya i used that book too which is good if you are under pressure for time... but beware some of the answers are wrong in there most notably the lift formula

irishpilot1990
27th Jan 2010, 17:57
snap i used book too..very good...covers 90percent of what will be asked!
do use atpl books too as some answers are not correct.:ok:

as flaps 15 said...learn 800 power settings and attitudes and CRM

cjuk28
27th Jan 2010, 18:34
Anyone have any info on the stansted interviews???
What airports etc
Regards to all

irishpilot1990
28th Jan 2010, 11:48
ufly2...thats the one

smith
28th Jan 2010, 19:48
C'mon guys you know I just like pulling your chains, just ignore me, I like venting off sometime and this is the best place to do it. I suppose I'm just upset at the demise of this once proud industry of ours.

While I am here a lot of you scoffed about my "sleeping in cars" comment, well it has reared its head in another thread http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/403623-you-sure-you-want-pilot.html here. I have no connection to this thread or influence over it, I just happened to stumble over it and thought it was a bit coincidental.

Cheers

Smith

fpuentegomez
9th Feb 2010, 07:23
Hi all,
I applied a couple weeks ago via CAE and OAA.
Any1 have a clue of how long does it usually take for a reponse latelly?
Thnx in advance.

DME11.2
9th Feb 2010, 07:46
fpuentegomez..

Be prepared to wait for a loooong time :ugh:. I applied in October 2009 but haven't heard of them since. I also heard stories of people being called after one year :uhoh:.

Patience is a virtue... they say :D

fpuentegomez
9th Feb 2010, 09:51
oh well...
Will just have to wait...
I alse heard ppl with more experience than 200 hrs get called last...
what's your experience DME? if you don't mind me asking
tia

DME11.2
9th Feb 2010, 10:15
I have 220 Hrs of which 70 are sim, finished integrated training in October. How many hours do you have? Sure about the 200 hrs?

fpuentegomez
9th Feb 2010, 10:21
I have 226 TT, without sim time, 331 with sim time.
And crossing fingers it won't take too long :O
Anyway good luck to all.

Airbusfreak
9th Feb 2010, 11:00
this once proud industry of ours. you were training in 2008. so you were proud then? brilliant

irishpilot1990
9th Feb 2010, 11:32
airbus freak dont you know smithy likes to protray himself as a 55 year old captain with too many hours to count on too many aircraft types to even begin telling us!:ok:
no way would he bet a guy with a frozen atpl or recently unfrozen....:ok:

paddyt56
9th Feb 2010, 20:47
Hi all,
First of all on a positive note to all you guys that have recently applied for the FR assesment i applied exactly 3 weeks ago today and last friday recieved my call asking me to attend an assesment so it can happen quite quick, i have my assesment on the 23rd in STN, anyone attending this pm me.Also i was hoping others who had allready completed this assesment could post some advice on the best way to prepare and what is normally asked in the tech interview and what FR are expecting you to know ie is there allot of ATPL style questions and also is there allot of questions asked about the -800 and ryanair as a company, would appreciate the help thanks

DME11.2
10th Feb 2010, 06:37
Hi, Can you tell us how you applied? Nice to hear that it CAN happen quick :D.

Good luck with your assessment!

Airbusfreak
10th Feb 2010, 18:11
Very helpful man I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking for a job in America. Why post that in a forum called ryanair interview and assessment.?? No help

Hernando
10th Feb 2010, 19:17
Im confused, on the CAE and BFSAA websites the type rating training is quoted at E27000 or E28000 (euros, dont know how to get it on my keyboard)...

On this thread all the talk is of 34000 or 33000 euros, whats the difference, am I missing somthing?

fpuentegomez
11th Feb 2010, 07:35
it's not only the TR, you also have to take into account living expenses (room, food, transportation) and also things like airport ID, uniform for a few months (during TR and first couple of months before you fly without safety pilot).

fpuentegomez
11th Feb 2010, 11:32
If you go through CAE's courses at Amsterdam or East Midlands you pay €32,725. This includes VAT at 19% = €5,225 which you will get back about 6 weeks after you finish your type rating. So you end up paying €27,500.

Could you explain that a little better Imperium. I'm curious about what has to be done to get the VAT back. Is it part of the brookfield contract arrangements? Or something different?

fpuentegomez
11th Feb 2010, 15:22
thnx for the info, I'm assuming then that these accountants are part of ryanair, right?

gd123
16th Feb 2010, 07:54
Got an interview with Ryan air next month. Anyone got any feedback on what sort of technical questions they could throw at me.

Thanks

nenad5
16th Feb 2010, 08:51
Got an interview with Ryan air next month. Anyone got any feedback on what sort of technical questions they could throw at me.

Thanks

Congratulations gd123! :D
When did you send your CV or in other words for how long have you been waiting for the call?

/NJ

Airbusfreak
16th Feb 2010, 09:20
Imperium/Hernando
update: vat is no longer payable in east midlands or Amsterdam now so the price you pay is 27500, laws have changed in the Netherlands. That was a nice surprise so now you don't need to pay the vat in the first place :)

fpuentegomez
16th Feb 2010, 10:30
@gd123

when did you apply? and did you go through CAE or OAA?

thnx in advance

Tampicotb9
17th Feb 2010, 12:19
Could someone inform me if it is easier to get hired as cadet if I do the MCC at SAA.
If I go to the SAA website, the say that the preferred way to enter the Ryanair type qualification program is through the Ryanair MCC course.

tierneykong
17th Feb 2010, 21:03
How are ya's lads. I just got the call from cae the other day. Have an interview next month. I would be very greatful if anyone could share some info with me regarding the interview, what sort of tech questions should I expect and what to practice for the sim, thanks in advance lads and good look to anyone else who's applying or has an assesment.

Ben_Sisko
21st Feb 2010, 17:19
i applied through cae about november time 2009, still waiting to hear from them...just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat...or guys that have been contacted, how long did it take b4 they contacted you?
i imagine their upto their eyeballs with applications, considering what else is out there..

Hernando
23rd Feb 2010, 20:45
I applied in april last year when I passed the IR. They recently called me for an assesment.

I also know a few people who have been called rencently within weeks of finishing their MCCs. That said, I know about 5 people who were called roughly after about 6 months, and about 5 who also waited a year! Just seems to be random to me....

A year was just enough time to get into the rythm of part time instruction, working and paying back the bills!

Now £260 assesment, IR, MEP and SEP renewals all at once! Sheesh, I'm not sure where the 28 large is going to come from if I'm successful!:cool:

ejaz
26th Feb 2010, 09:27
Hey everyone ,been called yesterday for an interview next month please anyone can help me out what sort of technical question or personal interview will be ,need help:rolleyes:

lucair84
26th Feb 2010, 19:02
Hi everyone,
I just finished my MCC at CAE and I've heard many people are being called right now for interviews. I Might be waiting a year to get one,like I ve read in these thread, but can someone PM me and tell me exactly what they will ask you in the interview, simulator and theory questions...

Thank you very much for your help!

cheers

CruiseControl_007
26th Feb 2010, 20:17
Hey Guys,

Slightly off topic but just a quick question...do RYR care whether an applicants IR is a First time/First Series or Second Series Pass or do they just expect an IR period?

The only reason I ask is that I was really unlucky and failed the IR exam earlier this week due to the weather drastically deteriorating (gusting xwinds during an ILS approach) by the time I reached my destination airport.

Thanks,
CC

Torque Tonight
26th Feb 2010, 20:41
That sucks. Let's hope you don't have to fly in any crosswinds as an airline pilot.

zerotohero
26th Feb 2010, 21:43
Torque, I guess your just been a bit friendly sarcastic there.

Dont worry too much about failing or partialing an IR test, many people do it, its the toughest one to pass as if you get it wrong its the best way to kill yourself flying an aircaft, most ratings are a licence to learn, even as a new IR pilot your unlikely to take off in minimum weather just for the crack as you know yourself your not up to it yet, just like doing a type rating, your with a line trainer for the first 8 weeks or so even though your rated its a big deal to fly initialy, all the guys interviewing did the same route you did and started in 152's etc and so will give you a break on that provided you impress in other areas.

get it passed, study hard for the interview should you get one and good luck

ZTH

ryank242
4th Mar 2010, 14:22
Hi Guys,

Trying to apply for RYANAIR through the CAE website.
How do u attach CV or do I just complete my profile without CV, and wait for CAE to call?

I would appreciate any feedback, Thanks

paddyt56
4th Mar 2010, 18:11
Hi guys i have my TR with FR in May at EMA have heard that there is now no more vat ie the TR will now be 27500 rather than 32500 is there any truth in this.....?

fpuentegomez
4th Mar 2010, 18:17
Congratulations on getting the job paddyt56 :ok:, btw please check your pms

lucair84
4th Mar 2010, 19:08
Hi guys, is anybody on the 17th march FR assessment/interview?

aslan1982
6th Mar 2010, 19:40
heh is anyone on the March 18th interview in Stansted

PM me

insomniac_32
9th Mar 2010, 10:42
Does anybody know what the deal is should you fail the interview with FR? Can you reapply and if so how long do you have to wait? Anyone been successful on their subsequent attempt? :confused:

irishpilot1990
9th Mar 2010, 13:38
insomniac....i think you can, but takes several months to get an interview anyway so recruitment may have slowed down.have never heard of anyone doing it twice.

bananaman2
9th Mar 2010, 17:48
insomniac... mate of mine got an assessment second time around but didn't get in - that I know first hand. Have heard of someone who got through second time around but got nothing to back that up - heard it was when economic times were better though. I think your chances of getting through second time round in the current economic climate are slim - they're even turning down decent pilots for first interviews at the moment or making them wait months... maybe when things pick up, second timers may get a look in.

I believe you have to wait a year to reapply or so it was when my mate reapplied.

Rudi747
10th Mar 2010, 19:17
Hy! There is any one on the April 1st for the FR interview in Stansted?

PM me

lucair84
19th Mar 2010, 00:10
Hi guys, I have a question. I just did RYR interview...Based on your experience would they fail me if my only mistake was not retarding the throttle right after leveling off (like a stupid I let it accelerate to 240 instead of 220, shame on me). Rest was I think ok, at least in the standard, no mayor mistake. Thank for your replies. Cheers. PM me

jimmyjetplane
19th Mar 2010, 13:01
lucair84.....Hi, It may depend on how quickly you corrected the error, but also bear in mind that sometimes your own perception of your own own performance may be quite different to that of the person who is assessing you!I am not trying to upset you and I hope that you've passed.

There are many variables to consider here, including how well you did and came accross during the interview.Don't believe it's all about the sim check as in my view it isn't.If they don't like say your attitude or think you lack technical knowledge this will be enough to put a question over hiring you.

It's all about supply and demand as well.The usually only take a 'percentage' of the candidates on the day so you need to really shine to be in with a chance.For all you hopefulls out there,they do give second chances.If you are borderline,they may invite you to reapply in 6 or twelve months.It happended to me.When it was 2 days before Christmas at the time when I failed, it seemed like the end of the world. I DIDN'T GIVE UP THOUGH and when the second chance did come, I seized it, but I had made sure I was bloody well prepared for it and that is what anyone must do if they ' really ' do want it.

Despite some of the rubbish written on here,it isn't easy to get in and it isn't easy to complete the the training either. It's a real shame in my view, that many see the job a just a career choice based on 'potential high salary' but we all know where that's headed.For me flying has always be about the 'passion' for it and while 'I won't I fly for food' AND DO EXPECT REASONABLE RENUMERATION, I STILL CONSIDER IT A PRIVELEDGE to be able to fly and live my boyhood dream.

I know you don't all feel the same, but I would rather fly with someone who does.Being a Pilot and certainly being a trainer is a vocation, as is being a priest! In my opinion anyone who does the job of an Instructor and does not accept this, will probably be bad at there job. Anyone lucky enough to be given the chance to fly for Ryanair should grab it and anyone involved in the company will know if they are honest, that the training received is among the highest standards in the world.

That's my piece said and good luck to anyone who really wants the job for all the right reasons!!:ok:

Jimmy.

lucair84
19th Mar 2010, 13:12
Jimmy,
I do agree with you, and of course performances might be seen different from the examiner, but as I wrote in the post I seriously didnt make mayor mistakes, but for that, I actually corrected right after i noticed (he did say "speed"), not even 5 seconds after.. but i agree with you, you have to shine to pass the interview. I guess I shined in my engine fire and ILS then. Maybe not enough, but at least I was very happy of that. I know that if I failed it is only my fault, I was calm and relaxed and the examiners were soooo good, keeping us in our confort zone. I also know that if I fail next time I'll be much better. The technical interview was pretty easy, didn't have problem with that at all, so I guess either they didn't like me or that mistake is pretty big. Thats why I wanted to know what you guys think of it...
Take care guys,

Luca

lucair84
22nd Mar 2010, 18:14
Disregard previous message... I got the call today:O:):O:):O:)

ganoz
22nd Mar 2010, 18:18
Hello chaps, just did the assessment... hope it might help:

HR interview

How did u get interested in aviation?
Why are you here?
Talk me trough your resume
Why do you want to work with/for us? (HR dude is going to ask you this one!)
Can you tell me some RYR routes out of London?
How do you see yourself in 5/6 years from now?

Technical interview:

Advantages and disadvantages of a swept wing
Why swept wing has low lifting capability @ low speed and how do we solve this issue?
Why do we fly high and fast? What is engine efficiency?
Coffin corner/At constant TAS what happen to IAS/CAS in a climb?
Why don't we fly fast all the way down the RWY?
How many seats RYR 737?
Do we have Winglets? Are they useful?
Electrical system of your last multi flown
What's an INS? What's the differences with a GPS?
Basic principle of a turbofan engine and basics differences compared to a gas turbine engine
Explosive decompression and TUC

If there's anything else I can remember I will update the lists. It has been underlined several time, each candidate will have a different set of questions, especially as far as the technical interview is concerned.

Sim session:

Out of RWY 27 EGGP/LPL on WAL2T
On level off, turning climb/turning decent/accelerations/decelerations
Climb out @ 1000 ft/min 240kts and decent @ 1000 ft/min 240kts
Smoke in the cabin degenerate in fire
Steep turns
Procedural/vectored NDB/DME rwy 27 EGGP and go around as per missed app. brief strip
Procedural/vectored ILS app (possible go-around)
Visual land

Sim session is pretty standard, speaking of emergency you can have either the smoke or the engine failure.
Good luck!!
Cheers

Center pumps off
25th Mar 2010, 22:24
I'd take a rain check on this gig....

Buttering sandwiches at 4am 5 days in a row....fly 8 hrs in a space just about large enough to squeeze out your tea bag.

zerotohero
25th Mar 2010, 23:16
Yea your right

average 4200euro over 12 months as F/O, month off, 4 days off every 5 on with maybe only 3 or 4 actuly flying! then another 10 days off as and when, safe aircraft, nice young girls to cook the dinner I had to buy or cook so I know whats in it, very large network to fly home for free on should you not be based by your house, sucks! :ok:

green and brown grass all over, we can all bleet the brown and forget the green, not very accurate though is it! :=

Center pumps off
26th Mar 2010, 08:16
Yeah a lot of people say the same......4000-6000 gross a month as F/O is normal I accept. But do the maths.....you are paid for scheduled block time.

You're not paid a penny for the 1 month off and the extra 10 ad hoc days off. You're not paid a penny for the 4 days off after working 5 on.

you can easily do 12 hours if you're in the crew room at 4.30 to be off block at 6....but you land at 3 and leave the crewroom at 4. It's often about 12 hours 5 days a week which means your working 60 hours a week.

Now you have no pension which is huge, also if you break your leg skiing you won't get a penny until it mends. If you get diabetes you'll never see another check.

You can have private loss of license and pension but if you take the price away from your 4200 you'll have nothing left.

TeachAvenue
26th Mar 2010, 08:50
Hmmm,what is it?:p

Center pumps off
26th Mar 2010, 09:26
I posted a genuine message on this forum which was deleted without any warning.

No sign of any deletions in this forum - just your 3 posts that remain!
HWB

Skyhigh86
26th Mar 2010, 09:54
I'd take a rain check on this gig....

Buttering sandwiches at 4am 5 days in a row....fly 8 hrs in a space just about large enough to squeeze out your tea bag.

Well an early start is standard in this industry and the 738 cockpit is actually not too bad compared to some, have you seen a learjet one?

8 hours flying 5 days in a row!!! which base are you in? i must get a transfer!

jiffajaffa
24th Apr 2010, 14:48
I see RYR have changed some of the criteria for cadets

A maximum of 1 failure of all flight tests, (only 1 repeat of any of the flight tests)
A maximum of 1 failure of all ATPL written exams, (only 1 repeat of any of ATPL written exams)
No re assessments for CadetsTaken directly from a service provider training cadets for RYR

JJ

Airbusfreak
24th Apr 2010, 14:56
blackred and the other haters will be how can i put it delighted....

SW1
5th May 2010, 17:17
Has anyone who attended any of the Ryanair assessments last week ending the 30th April received a call regarding their results?

Just wanting to gauge the time it takes for them to call back with the news.

Thanks

philpeeters
7th May 2010, 13:57
Hi

Yes I went to Stansted last week (29th).

And today I received a phone call to say that I passed the assessment and I'm starting the 5th of July in EMA and the Type rating the 19th of July in AMS.

Regards

dxbpilot
8th May 2010, 10:59
Congrats mate you won't regret it. PM me if you need any info. I am a happy F/O in RYR !

turbine100
11th May 2010, 09:57
I applied via CAE and SAA about 4 weeks ago, how long does it take for a reponse if any?

nenad5
12th May 2010, 09:14
I've applied 6 months ago and still nothing.....:confused::(

zerotohero
13th May 2010, 10:06
Think after 6months you can class your application as dead!

did you call them to follow up? if not, just apply again to CAE or something.

169west
13th May 2010, 11:32
I guess it all depend on your experience! There are pretty experience pilots without a job applying for cadet program!

nenad5
13th May 2010, 22:44
"Think after 6months you can class your application as dead!

did you call them to follow up? if not, just apply again to CAE or something. "

I'm afraid that you are right. I applied via OAA Stockholm and CAE
Lady from OAA told me that i need to wait 12 months to reaply for the programme. She will not tell anything else.(Claims that she does not know).
The worst thing is that i went MCC at OAA and I can not say that they are willing to help. On the contrary. :ugh:

Vone Rotate
13th May 2010, 23:16
Anyone shed any light on this comment? I cant find this information on cae or saa....

A maximum of 1 failure of all flight tests, (only 1 repeat of any of the flight tests)
A maximum of 1 failure of all ATPL written exams, (only 1 repeat of any of ATPL written exams)
No re assessments for CadetsTaken directly from a service provider training cadets for RYR

JJ

zerotohero
14th May 2010, 00:41
Never heard that before, I know your ATPL results say how many attempts you have had on them but where does if ever say you failed a flight test?

I have failed a couple in the past on FAA and would never be able to prove this unless I told someone I think?

Vone Rotate
14th May 2010, 12:09
I searched CAE and SAA and no such statements.

Is JJ trying to stir things up or does JJ know something the rest of us don't?

Shed any light JJ?

Fitnesspilot737
14th May 2010, 12:36
JJ is correct. If you look, the sites have been updated. Has anyone had any calls within the last few weeks regarding an assessment?

woofly31
14th May 2010, 12:43
Applied through OAA 4 weeks ago. Nothing yet, but by the sounds of things could be a long wait. Whats the shortest time from application to interview for anyone out there? Is 6 Months Plus the norm?:ok:

Fitnesspilot737
14th May 2010, 15:20
I applied in the first half of March. I have an IAA licence but im sure that wont matter. I am going to do the FI rating, or at least begin it, whilst waiting for 'the call', if I should be so lucky.

dboy
14th May 2010, 17:01
Hello

Anyone shed any light on this comment? I cant find this information on cae or saa....
•A maximum of 1 failure of all flight tests, (only 1 repeat of any of the flight tests)
•A maximum of 1 failure of all ATPL written exams, (only 1 repeat of any of ATPL written exams)
•No re assessments for Cadets
Taken directly from a service provider training cadets for RYR

Can someone give the link to this requirement? i simply don't find it.

tx

Fitnesspilot737
15th May 2010, 11:01
Looks like the sites have changed again and the requirements have been lifted.

mb339
17th May 2010, 21:31
Hi there,

I have 420TT, 240hrs multicrew but I'm not rated on B737. I sent my application to CAE last August but I am still waiting for a call.

Do you think it is better to resend my application or it is better to wait in order to maintain a possible priority?

Thank you very much!

ryank242
21st May 2010, 18:24
Did anybody get a call from CAE this week about a possible assesment?
How often do ryanair have assesments, once a month?

FANS
22nd May 2010, 06:28
Do many modular pilots get in on the Ryanair cadet scheme, or are they really after integrated?

cheers

767200ER
22nd May 2010, 14:51
Modular are eligible too, i am and i got in :)

FANS
23rd May 2010, 09:00
cheers 767, would you mind letting me know where you did your training? Pm me if preferred

zerotohero
23rd May 2010, 11:06
Modular guy here too! as are two of my buddies from flight school also!

irishpilot1990
26th May 2010, 01:09
12 on my course, 3 intergrated!

Fitnesspilot737
29th May 2010, 16:51
Guys, does anyone have the correct figures for Ryanair bases and number of pilots employed? Im getting different answers on a range of sites.

Thanks

White_Eagle
29th May 2010, 19:43
I can help you with the bases :)
RYR plans to open its 42nd in Barcelona El Prat, correct me if I'm wrong.

sickBocks
30th May 2010, 12:13
Hi all
has anyone done the sim assessment recently? I was wondering if the info posted in March was still applicable (LPL etc). With the smoke leading to a fire what are they looking for for non-rated guys? I'm assuming they want you to get the NHP/PNF/PM to read and do the appropriate checklist and for you to make the command decision to get it on the ground asap if the fire doesn't go out...?

White_Eagle
17th Jun 2010, 13:39
Hello? :zzz:

Somebody alive at RYR? :ooh:

Would appreciate information if cadets are still recruited or if the website advertisement for those was just a joke..:8

Fitnesspilot737
17th Jun 2010, 16:37
I got a call yesterday. Start the TR at CAE, Amsterdam in Sept. Anyone else in the same boat? Just thinking about accommodation etc.

Rui Dias
19th Jun 2010, 16:44
Can anyone tell me what's the data that must be in the flight school report?

Thank's

Uberhesch
20th Jun 2010, 17:10
Cormactrolan (http://www.pprune.org/members/275784-cormactrolan) I recently got the call and also start at CAE Amsterdam in september PM me for more details

UH

Uberhesch
20th Jun 2010, 18:36
RUI
Your flight training provider should sort that out, they know what they need to do.
Usually just a paragraph from the CFI saying how many hours you flew with them, how you conducted yourself while doing CPL/IR and if you got first time passes or not, that sort of thing.
Then a report from your MCC instructor which is usually a bit more detailed but covers the same sort of thing.:ok:

Cormactrolan (http://www.pprune.org/members/275784-cormactrolan) I got the call on thursday and start in september in amsterdam aswell, I don't know of anyone else on the same course yet, so feel free to PM with any suggestions :)

Rudi747
21st Jun 2010, 00:03
If you want to be a Ryanair pilot....just have a Ryan MCC and you will sure to start your carrer in a beautifull B737-800....

:ugh:

Uberhesch
21st Jun 2010, 12:24
Not true, i didnt have one and i have just got in :ok:

sebseg
21st Jun 2010, 14:36
I applied to CAE and BFSAA 1,5 month ago, still no reply...
Thanks
Seb

Vone Rotate
21st Jun 2010, 16:13
Has anyone had or know of anyone who got a second shot at the assessment day with Ryanair?

I was told to wait one year before applying again which is up soon. Just wondered if it was likely in these competitive times!!

Uberhesch
21st Jun 2010, 16:44
Vone
At the moment i believe they are only assessing first time applicants, I have a couple of friends who are trying to get a second shot at the moment, and thats what they were told, wish i could be more positive

HappyFran
21st Jun 2010, 20:44
Currently doing type rating at East Midlands.
Modular trained, No Ryanair MCC, had to wait 8 months from application to interview. Fairly equal mix of Integrated (Oxford mostly) and Modular recruits on training programme.
To best of knowledge, recruitment is very active at moment

Good luck

White_Eagle
22nd Jun 2010, 08:22
HappyFran, thank you for answering! :ok:

IrishJetdriver
22nd Jun 2010, 12:38
I believe that currently it's one strike and you're out for the assessment. Second chance not given. At the moment. Can all change with market forces though.

jimmyjetplane
23rd Jun 2010, 10:14
Could anyone kindly confirm that the assessment is only done in the 737-800 now and at Stanstead,regardless of which school you apply to?

The CAE website states it will be done on the 737-200 at either EMA or DUB and the OAA wesite states it will be done at Stastead on the 737-800.

Any info' regarding the content and profile would be most appreciated.PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Jimmy.

Fitnesspilot737
23rd Jun 2010, 12:42
737-800 full motion at Stansted. Regardless.

suiram86
1st Jul 2010, 16:35
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows when SAA have scheduled TR courses in 2010 and 2011. Im going for an assessment in juli and was wondering when to expect TR training to start if I was chosen?

Captain Planet
4th Jul 2010, 10:18
At Suiram86 :

Expect mid to late September at the earliest.

CP.

woofly31
4th Jul 2010, 10:46
How long has it been since you applied to getting the call for an interview?:ok:

jimmyjetplane
5th Jul 2010, 12:58
Could anyone kindly confirm that the assessment is only done in the 737-800 now and at Stanstead,regardless of which school you apply to?

The CAE website states it will be done on the 737-200 at either EMA or DUB and the OAA wesite states it will be done at Stastead on the 737-800.

Any info' regarding the content and profile would be most appreciated.PM me if you prefer.Does anybody have up to date info' on this please? What is involved, venue, simulator profile etc;

Thanks,
Jimmy.

Uberhesch
5th Jul 2010, 20:58
Consider it confirmed :ok:

it really dosent matter who you 'apply' to, you may not even be training with the organisation you applied to. I applied throught SAA yet im doing my TR with CAE

McBruce
8th Jul 2010, 12:01
RYR don't care whether you trained modular or integrated. Providing you meet the criteria listed on their site then your fine.

pitot_noob
15th Jul 2010, 12:24
Yes, a few friends have just been offered places..

Obs cop
15th Jul 2010, 21:13
Guys,

How long does it generally take from application to phone interview to assessment centre?

Regards,
Obs

99jolegg
15th Jul 2010, 21:23
How is it decided where you do your type rating? (I've heard Amsterdam, Stockholm and East Midlands?) Does it depend on the company to which you apply? Do you get a choice?

Uberhesch
15th Jul 2010, 22:15
It has nothing to do with which company you applied too, they just seem to shove you anywhere. I live 10 mins from east mids yet was given amsterdam, I asked them to change and they did so i suppose you do get a choice if you willing to challange it

pitot_noob
16th Jul 2010, 00:56
Who knows how long..

A few guys recently waited a 2 weeks until the call.. a further one week until the assessment (no phone interview.. don't think that happens much?!).

Other guys I know applied 3 weeks back.. and nothing.

It's all a waiting game.

Potcake
19th Jul 2010, 20:11
anyone need accom near CAE amsterdam nice B&B cycling distance - CAE guys are staying at the moment. Mail me.

Nearly There
21st Jul 2010, 12:11
I cant find any recent info on here regarding the Ryanair approved MCC? and the benefits of it for getting into FR.

Has anyone completed the FR approved MCC recently? if so could you either post the details or PM if preffered.

I completed my fATPL Jan 2008 and have only plodded around in SEP's since, IR/ME current again now and looking at Ryanair as an option, as its been 2 years I think doing the MCC again will prove beneficial, but would like to know if this is/has been a way into Ryanair.

Cheers
NT

Vone Rotate
21st Jul 2010, 21:18
A friend of mine who now works for FR did it and said the approved MCC gave him no benefit. His job offer was no way linked to the MCC.

I guess using FR SOP's would help but of limited use for the assessment.

Your choice but I'd be inclined to go for a JOC instead. Another course to add onto your CV and probably more time and better quality flying than the MCC stuff. More LOFT exercises etc etc.

If your going for FR I'd also try to do it in a 737 800.....

Enjoy!:ok:

Fitnesspilot737
21st Jul 2010, 21:26
Pathfinders MCC. Its run by a Ryanair line training Capt. and had me well ahead of the game during my Ryanair assessment. Uses all Ryanair SOP's and a 737-800

go around flaps15
25th Jul 2010, 19:19
The FR assessment is looking for a decent scan. They are looking for you to follow the instructions on the handout you get.

It's about weather you are trainable or not. Many a pilot has been turned away even with the money for type rating. Just because you roll up with a fancy JOC or MCC and the type rating money does not mean you will fly for Ryanair. Fact.

The instruments are setup differently to a 737-800. They are digital conventional instruments, more in keeping with what a cadet would be used to having finished his/her IR on a Duchess or other similar light piston twin.

A good scan, good instrument flying, good attitude and above all able to SSTR is what is required.

End of.

pitot_noob
26th Jul 2010, 16:01
Has anyone heard anything from SAA / CAE in the last few weeks?

ruthc86
28th Jul 2010, 19:40
Hey everyone. Just trying to work this one out. On the Ryanair/CAE website it states:

Successful candidates may be offered an opportunity to fly for a contract pilot agency that supplies a pool of pilots that operate on Ryanair aircraft.

So does that mean your not guaranteed a job after?

ruthc86
29th Jul 2010, 10:21
There are no guarantees with RYR but I've never heard of anyone passing assessments, signing contracts and then getting no flying. However, if they don't need you or you raise your head above the parapet you may find your roster pretty bare. If you play the system and do your job well, you'll get plenty of hours, decent money, and a good career.

Thank you Mike.

Im cabin crew so not of interest to me but my partner is a pilot.

Zouzi
1st Aug 2010, 09:36
Hello!

Today, I’m posting this message as I’m thinking of applying at Ryanair but before paying for my type rating, I would like to know more about Ryanair from pilots that have passed the recruitment phase and are/were employed by them.

I have read their website but I would like to have a bit more information:

1- How does the application process work including the interview phase? Is it difficult? How long does it take from the application to getting an interview?

2- Are there any psychometric and/or aptitude testing?

3- Do they tell you when to get your type rating or do you go when you are free (just thinking about my my current job which I will have to resign from)?

4- How much is the salary for a junior FO?

5- How are the working conditions?

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or suggestions that could prepare me for the interview section (aside from revising my ATPL manuals)?

Thank you so much for all the help/suggestions that you would be able to give me.

mcgoo
1st Aug 2010, 10:25
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged.html

Uberhesch
1st Aug 2010, 19:30
for god sake, either answer his question or dont.

Why does everyone on this forum feel the need to belittle everyone else?

get a life! :ok:

go around flaps15
2nd Aug 2010, 00:40
:ugh: How many times has that question been answered?

Proactivity.

Search function.

Too Few Stripes
3rd Aug 2010, 10:07
There is however, a serious lack of recent information regarding the DEC assessments. Can anyone shed light on the tech questions and sim scenarios given to B737 rated direct entry Captains?? (the search function only seems to find cadet related info)

Thanks, TFS.

Fitnesspilot737
3rd Aug 2010, 19:46
I flew with a Captain during my assessment. From what I remember he had only flown the classic 737. He was given engine failure after V1. Some upper airwork, after he gained control of the situation whilst flying the SID. Single engine ILS followed by a GA and he finished with a SE visual circuit to land. Hope that helps in some way.

stefair
5th Aug 2010, 20:40
Just a quick question. RYR state on their website that they will only consider applicants without airline experience. Can those of you having been to an assessment confirm this or have people with airline experience recently been invited? I know they have in the past but are they still these days? Thanks for your help. :ok:

turbine100
6th Aug 2010, 11:01
How long does it take to hear from SAE or CAE?

I applied in the past via CAE and SAE and never heard anything.

So recently reapplied via CAE and also spoke to SAE who advised their site changed and to use the new web page over a month back.

I am modular, 400 + hours etc

Any info would be great.

Callsign Kilo
6th Aug 2010, 11:54
I believe intake for cadet courses has been completed for 2010
Numbers for 2011 will be reviewed, however things are "dynamic" at the moment with an "unknown" amount of experienced FOs leaving for Emirates. This seemingly includes recently upgraded Captains. The training department is closing in on it's busy period with all crews to be scheduled for RST/LPC two day sim training/assessment from October. The priority still remains filling the left hand seat positions and with training capacity shrinking due to demands on the training department plus the greater gulf in experience between cadet entry and command ready FOs some are voicing a need to shift policy in order to ensure adequate numbers making the command upgrade. This is dependant on much, however recent revelations suggest a little concern about those preparing to leave. Future candidates for cadetship may have to wait it out a little until the dust settles.

Highjet
8th Aug 2010, 17:14
Calling Ryanair pilots!A few consideration about Ryanair:

You must be prepared to:

- spend more than 42.000 €
Ex:
security process for the id 180€; 363 € at the iaa for licence conversion;750€ uniform, 275€ iaa for type rating, 500€ headset, 32800€ type rating,
4200 € life cost - cheap accomodation 30€ per night plus travels per 120 nights for type rating and line training including meal 1000 € flight and car trips, assesment, and so on

- Be prepare to say hello to your life :
expect be based everywhere disregarding your choice by porpouse (spanish guys are sent to Uk and english guys are sent to Spain, Uk guys are sent to Sweden and Swedish guys are sent to Uk.
If you're lucky and you get the base you asked for; there's still the possibility to be moved from, and you still have a very short notice.

- have the duty of an employe but without a pension and without rights!
Ryanair don't pay taxes on your salary and you need to do it by yourself according to your fiscal residence.

The money they give you is not enough to have a decent salary considering Living cost , taxes and pension, especially if they give you a base fare away from where you live and you need a second house and a second car. (you cannot transfer there 'cause it's only a temporay base and they can move you whenever they want also if they tell you that is the pemanent base.
In the winter the flight time and the payroll are lower. Is good only if you don't pay taxes or a private pension. (but irs will chase you and you will get old)

- expect very poor working conditions, you are only a number you will never have a phone call from somebody, you are only contacted via internet. Basically you have the same rights that have the slaves in 1500

It's only good for desperate young guys with a lot of money and without a job. Don't leave a decent job to join Ryanair.

Think about that, at least you will not have surprises!

Highjet
8th Aug 2010, 19:11
Blackred
nobody told me how it really was, that's the real problem!
i just want to inform how it really is the life in Ryanair when it is not a novelty anymore, but it starts to become your life and your work.:yuk:

shamrock83
8th Aug 2010, 20:51
Highjet

you have nothing to complain about

you were the person who went into FR with a fat check just like all those other slaves and started to chip away at the T&C's of all your fellow
professionals.

so the very thing you complain about you have contributed to :ugh:

so stop complaining and get on with it should never bite the hand that feeds you...

Highjet
9th Aug 2010, 05:12
Ehy Sharmrock the complain is about a comlpetly difference reality regarding what i expected. (base assignment, other stuff) It's like when you marry a girl and you dicover only after that that its' not the one for you! And i posted that just 'cause other guys can be awere of that.

Callsign Kilo
9th Aug 2010, 10:30
Highjet

Go back and stick your head down the toilet. Because Im pretty positive that's where it has been prior to joining Ryanair. If you can't make it work for you, don't do it in the first place. That's what I tell everybody. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is made very aware of what can happen before they join. There is enough guys in a similar position out there now, and there is enough genuine information circulating to inform you before you make a choice. Basing, costs, commuting, rates of pay....you go on like it was one big surprise. Maybe you will act as a reference to all the other dreamers that think this place owes them something...and some of your facts and figures are grossly exaggerated or else you have just messed up.

My advice would be get your head down and stop complaining. I've been here for over two years. I'm still not at my first choice base. Yet I am making more than whats required for a decent lifestyle along with being able to support my family. If you aren't and you can't see it ever happening for you then leave because no one is going to sympathise. It's a take it or leave it kind of place.

Blackred

You scowl this site looking for the opportunity to add your 'I hate Ryanair' stories. Plenty of - a mate in Ryanair said, my mate who flies for Ryanair told me....fantastic!

pilotcop
9th Aug 2010, 12:06
Highjet - yes it costs money to do the type rating, pay for uniform, accomodation and food etc, if you didn't know this when you signed up its your own fault, all this information is readily available. You don't have to spend so much on a uniform, just buy less, go get some trousers at Marks' or elsewhere, the aircraft also have headsets, ok not ANR, but perfectly good for the job, so why splash out on a gucci 500 Euro pair?

I was lucky, i trained in UK, Line Trainined in UK, permanent base in UK, I get to spend as much time with my wife and kids as I did in my previous career. I'm happy, I fly out of a great base, with great colleagues on a great roster, pay is better than my previous job. Its not all bad....what "bad" aspects there are, are fully avaiable for all to see before signing on the dotted line.

Blackred,...I feel for your "friend", I don't know where he works but not clearing 2000Euro is a shame, I did that on my second paycheck on the low rate of pay. Pay is good, rostering good, aircraft good and colleagues good. As with anything in life, its your decision, armed with all the facts you can say yes or no, no-one forces anyone to sign these contacts.

pitot_noob
9th Aug 2010, 17:51
For those of you who are interested.. a large number of people I know have had calls within a week of applying from both SAA and CAE.

Highjet
9th Aug 2010, 18:09
I don't think this is a warning but more like a real frustration for you. both
Everybody knows this is how it's going to be working for Ryanair and it's not a lot of peoples first choice but when you choose for it then go for it and give the best you can. i dind't know a lot of important details i hadn't friends working in it!

I also think the prices you give are a bit exaggerated... I pay 27500 for my Type Rating, and much less for my Uniform. The cost of living... well if I stay here in my hometown it also cost money so i don't really see why you taking that into account.cae is 32750. I don't live in Ams and i was not send in my home for line training as the 98% of the cadets, so cost of living is that sum in a cheap solution. In ex. a friend of mine was sent to Dublin he spent 60€ per night! And if your final base is not your home.... you have also another house and another car or taxis or buses, internet, bills, and so on!

Uberhesch
9th Aug 2010, 21:17
TR with cae IS €27,500 almost exactly £23k, paid for it today before you ask :ok:

wangus
16th Aug 2010, 14:55
I just noticed this on Ryanair / CAE website regarding TR.

APPLICANT SHOULD:
Must have a flight school report. This applies to both Integrated and Modular students;

I do not have one, and my IR provider no longer exists. (PFT at Bournemouth) Does this mean "I need not apply......?"

norton2005
17th Aug 2010, 13:05
Has anyone here had an assessment recently from a re aplication? I ask as I want to re apply as its been over a year, I know they say no re applications but wondering if anyone somehow managed it?