PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

gossetti
28th Feb 2013, 12:53
Is there anyone who got called to attend an assessment in march?

G-CHUU
28th Feb 2013, 19:17
@alwaysflying87
I also did the interview on January 23 and haven't heard anything.
From what I have seen on previous posts it is normal to wait over a month for a response.
We should hear something soon. Best of luck!

alwaysflying87
1st Mar 2013, 13:54
G-GHUU
nice to hear from you!
I hope that you too good luck.
We are in contact. When I know something, I write you.
I don´t know what happened with the other four guys, and you?

Thanks!!

Boeing007
1st Mar 2013, 15:47
Hey guys!

Strange you didnt hear back yet, i know a guy who did it on the 29th I believe.. He heard positive news last friday. I think bad news travels faster though so you should be ok.. But still strange they dont do first guys first.. :/ did u guys get ANY feedback on the day itself? Goodluck

alwaysflying87
1st Mar 2013, 19:37
Hi guys.
I received an email from Ryanair in which I say that I am not fit: (
I do not understand, my evaluation was very good. I think there are too many applicants for few positions.
Lucky for the other

I-AINC
1st Mar 2013, 22:39
ValePilot, stay CALM.

I sent my application via CAE website on the 1st August 2009, and I've been called for an interview on the 2nd of December 2010.

So....for the moment, go fishing.

Boeing007
2nd Mar 2013, 09:38
Can someone please elaborate, does someone has to meet a certain standard for being accepted in to Ryanair? Or is there a serious competition in which candidates are also compared after the interview and the best of those picked? (Hence it takes so long...)

Youngaviator254
2nd Mar 2013, 10:42
Obviously you have to meet a certain standard otherwise what would be the point of an assessment?.....Been waiting a month on wednesday! not sure what the hold up is.

fulminn
2nd Mar 2013, 12:30
when they do the assessment they get all the guys above a certain standard, i think

Boeing007
2nd Mar 2013, 13:19
Well, that's what I thought and that's what they say at Ryanair.
What I mean is, Ryanair has a standard. Everyone that goes to the assesment and reaches or exceeds that standard will be hired, everyone that doesnt gets the no thanks email. It's like that right?? Since it takes so long for assesment results I was wondering, maybe they will compare all candidates and than choose their pick...?
Any info is appreciated...:ok:

Mr Boombastick
2nd Mar 2013, 13:21
Spoke to a mate of mines who's cousin's mate knows a bloke who works in tesco who knows another bloke who's brother did the assessment in 2007 and apparently they only take people who can see out of both eyes and have a hole in their arse - apparently they check on the assessment.

Seriously fellas....

G-CHUU
2nd Mar 2013, 18:05
Like alwaysflying87 I also received bad news from Ryanair yesterday.
As you can see from previous posts they don't give feedback so I can't pass on any advice about their standards... I thought it went well but so does everyone on PPRuNe!

jkd_01
2nd Mar 2013, 19:21
guys i have been with fr for the past 2.5 years, when i did my assessment, i felt they focused a lot on the sim so whatever you guys do go in to a sim and practice even if its jus a fixed base 737. practice steep turns climbing turns descending general handling, raw data etc and use your partner they want to see team work not a hot shot, when you get a non normal its essential you work together, use a problem solving acronym and take your time.
and they don't compare you to other guys at the assesmment, if you meet the standard you'll get it, all the guys that were on the selection day with me got through good luck!!!

aerofly
3rd Mar 2013, 01:39
guys, I understand your concerns, but let me tell you.

things have changed within ryanair, the need for FO´s are not that high, and yes, they are closing their recruitment 1. april, but but but....

things are starting to move, everything isn't that dark as some make it to be, a lot of people in here are talking about how the situation is, and they are completely wrong, and a lot of the guys doesn't have any insight, some do, but a lot don't.

almost 35 captains have left during the last two months, and it is projected that about 60 more captains are leaving during the next couple of months.

and they are leaving for emirates, qatar, air china and korean airplanes.
they have to start upgrading some of their fo's, and at the same time a lot of the FO's who have reached 1500 hours are leaving for norwegian and others.

and ryanair will like others open their recruitment again during the summer.

and for you guys who haven't gotten a reply yet, i know the wait is agony, and it used to be a myth that the longer you wait the better it was, but it has been in a lot of cases that if you are unsuccessful, you will get a rather quick reply, if not, it might be a indication that you are being taken into consideration.

and i can assure you future guys, don't put everything on the sim, cause in the end, they will teach you to fly, they are looking for 3 thing CRM, CRM, CRM...

happy hunting, i cross my fingers for you guys, and i hope the best for all of you. :ok:

gossetti
3rd Mar 2013, 10:05
things have changed within ryanair, the need for FO´s are not that high, and yes, they are closing their recruitment 1.

will they close the recruitmet or just the application portal?

ValePilot
3rd Mar 2013, 10:50
Application portal. See the website

Opportunita? di carriera - Pilot Recruitment (http://www.ryanair.com/it/careers/job/10002)

737aviator
3rd Mar 2013, 16:07
Valepilot (& I-AINC for comparison I guess), I first applied in January 2009 and was called to interview 3 YEARS later and during that time kept updating the CAE profile. Met others at the interview who complained that they had to wait 2 months after finishing in Oxford to get called. :ugh: Don't expect anything instantly in this industry but stay optimistic.

fulminn
3rd Mar 2013, 22:09
@737aviator: i'm not from oxford academy but they call two of us after just 45 days to the application on cae website, i don't know what they mean and reason to do this!! could everyone explain?

pc777
4th Mar 2013, 21:46
is anyone going to the march 14th assessment??

aiolos_50
4th Mar 2013, 23:09
Hi girls/guys,

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the information listed in this thread. All the info you need is indeed hidden within the thread.

Things that will come in handy:
1)Ace the pilot technical interview
2)Go to latest aviation jobs, and get the interview preparation. It contains a lot of useful info on the whole process, well worth it

Now onto the main course:)

The examiners were fantastic and did their best to keep us all relaxed. No "funny" mind tricks during the interview or simulator. All questions were straight forward as was the sim assessment.

HR questions:
Why Ryanair?
Why did you study (at university)?
How did you get into flying?
What did you like/dislike about your training?
How many alternator in a Pa28?

Technical questions:
Sweep angle of 737
pfd
nd
fma
Define density altitude and differences with pressure altitude.
737 engines
jetstreams
Convergence
Seminole, seneca - electrical systems

Simulator
T/O:
Leed Bradford rwy32
Non standard departure, maintain rwy heading then left turn xxxdeg, climbing xxxft ect. Flight directors were on.

Enroute:
Flight directors off
General handling, accelerations, decelerations, turns onto specific headings.
Cabin fire when I was flying.
Declare emergency and request to land back at Leeds. Discuss with PM! do not forget to ask for QRH. Hand over control and set the aircraft up for the approach. At this point the examiner may freeze the simulator and ask you where you are.
return to beacon following specified QDM
One more test of situation awareness. No holding required.

Approach/landing:
Leeds Rwy 32
Cleared for full procedural approach, no radar vectors available
First time given a NDB, localiser (gs out)
Repositioned for ILS rwy 32 with landing.

Switched positions and similar for the other guy.

I don't know if I have been take on or not, but thought of sharing some info regardless. Best of luck to everyone :ok:

jeanpaul172
4th Mar 2013, 23:11
Anyone got an idea why its taking a little longer than usual for the results tp come out? 4-5 weeks is what we should expect now?

fulminn
5th Mar 2013, 09:16
i wait from january 9 till february 11!:)

Youngaviator254
5th Mar 2013, 15:18
Was you successful fulmin? Been waiting since 6th feb, month tomorrow!

fulminn
5th Mar 2013, 16:07
yes it is! I start april8th!

Marco2503
6th Mar 2013, 08:05
I've the introduction course on the 8 of april in EMA too!And type on 22.

fulminn
6th Mar 2013, 08:38
Hey marco! We are in the same course! If you want, can you please
Contact me by pm!?:) we are in already in two and would be a great thing to share a house in 3! We are looking for! Let me know please!

Boeing007
6th Mar 2013, 18:55
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.
Anyone has an idea why its taking so long (about 4 weeks now) for the results to come out?

Does the assesor decide if you pass the interview on the day itself, or does he sends the results to someone who will than decide?

Thank you :)

Bob Lorentz
7th Mar 2013, 13:43
Anyone on the assessment on March 20th ?

pudoc
7th Mar 2013, 19:25
Anybody tell me what todays assessment was like? Technical questions? The sim was from what airport?

Schoolflight575
10th Mar 2013, 09:29
Anyone doing introduction 17 June and rating 1 July at EMA pm me :)

Waited 3 weeks for positive answer.

Good luck to all!

smok84
10th Mar 2013, 17:01
I was wondering how people were contacted by Ryanair.
Through email or telephone?

Youngaviator254
10th Mar 2013, 20:50
Waited a month for the answer but Got the job! Anyone Introduction at EMA 20th may, TR 3rd june amsterdam? message me.

Swimmel
11th Mar 2013, 21:02
waited a month. starts intro the 6th may and tr the 20.

Ads13
12th Mar 2013, 23:15
I'm on the assessment day March 27th, anyone else going that day?

PiperCub.
16th Mar 2013, 06:38
Hi, anyone for the assessment on March 21th ?

Mitigator
17th Mar 2013, 14:32
PiperCub

Yes I am, I've sent a PM

pudoc
18th Mar 2013, 01:24
Can you guys on the 21st assessment let me know what topics you were questioned on in the tech bit? I have an assessment on the 27th.

Libertine Winno
18th Mar 2013, 08:49
Forgive me if this sounds somewhat against the spirit of helping my fellow man, but if I were applying for a coveted place in a highly competitive scenario I wouldn't exactly be quick in offering out the technical questions I was asked, thus helping out a 'rival'....?!

fulminn
18th Mar 2013, 11:50
u talk is rubbish..:=

pudoc
18th Mar 2013, 12:56
I'm after to general idea on what to make sure my knowledge is top notch on. Because to be honest I don't know everything in my manuals are probably never will.

If the guys post back saying the questions were on pof and agk then I can ditch the Chicago convention.

Forgive me if it sounded like I wanted to learn answers, because that's not the case and I'm aware I could be asked anything. Just looking for a general subjects to put most of my time revising. Don't want to spend 2 days doing nothing but air law when they mainly focus on pof in the interview, for example.

I understand some guys won't want to help their competition, so they don't need to reply. :)

Libertine Winno
18th Mar 2013, 14:27
Well I certainly won't blame a guy/girl for trying! :ok:

fulminn
18th Mar 2013, 17:49
everyone try to do his best, obviusly, don't blame for it!

Pablo_Diablo
18th Mar 2013, 22:07
Guys, for those of you that do make it, when arriving, ryanair pilots need everyone to join one of the pilot associations asap. Also read up on the Ryanair Pilot group and the great progress made lately.

Check it out on repaweb, Facebook and tw(i)tter.

Over and out. And good luck.

illuminat83
19th Mar 2013, 08:39
Is it normal to be refused before the assessment? if you were me, would you reapply for other chance because they sent my cv to ryr but they didn´t take it into consideration to let me do the assessment
thank you and good luck

virtualaviation
19th Mar 2013, 10:06
There's no better simulator for RYR assessment than our brand-new B737-800 simulator, which is 20 minutes from London Stansted ;)

Boeing 737-800 Flight Simulator - Virtual Aviation (http://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/pages/simulator)

Proper Boeing simulator with Boeing flight dynamics model and Rockwell Collins EP-8000 collimated visuals (no Microsoft!).

There must be a lot of RYR sim assessments taking place right now, as we've got a few candidates in the simulator for preparation each day at the moment.

Don't shoot me down for promoting please, as just responding to a genuine question. :)

ValePilot
19th Mar 2013, 11:23
Is it normal to be refused before the assessment? if you were me, would you reapply for other chance because they sent my cv to ryr but they didn´t take it into consideration to let me do the assessment
thank you and good luck

They told you the reasons??

schweizer2
19th Mar 2013, 11:37
Anyone under the EASA licence been invited for the assessments yet?

pudoc
19th Mar 2013, 12:29
Yes, I have an EASA license. Assessment 27th March.

schweizer2
19th Mar 2013, 12:30
Thanks.

Been waiting since before the new years :{
I wonder if current location would affect the chances as a major time zone difference may not be very helpful!

jeehaa
19th Mar 2013, 15:29
As mentioned earlier, they never do ;)

Schoolflight575
25th Mar 2013, 16:59
Hey guys! I have the rating in june at EMA. Does anybody recommend how to do with accommodation during training. sounds quite juicy to pay 35£ per night for Bed and breakfast and to share bathroom.:ok:

illuminat83
30th Mar 2013, 10:57
they don´t give any reason about the refusal

A320_Lover
30th Mar 2013, 23:34
Hi there, i apologize about my question off-topic but i have just been told by some friends that if we apply to Ryanair as a flight attendant then they no longer take into consideration your application as a pilot. can anyone confirm that please ?

4redsyourdead
31st Mar 2013, 12:07
Church View Hotel. Castle Donnigton was nice :)

jimmyjetplane
2nd Apr 2013, 11:56
Anyone attended the assessment in March and have had the result yet?

Goldust
3rd Apr 2013, 07:13
I was there on March 14th, no news yet!

ValePilot
3rd Apr 2013, 07:33
Hi guys, today is the 3rd of April, but the cadet portal on CAE website is still open. Do you have any news?? The closing date was the 1st of April...

willbarney
3rd Apr 2013, 11:16
I was there on the 7th March, also still no reply

taz22
3rd Apr 2013, 19:47
Good luck for you guys waiting on march assess!
Does anybody know if they will be interviewing people in April?

ValePilot
5th Apr 2013, 18:56
Cadet Recruitment

In light of reduced requirement for cadet pilots in the 2013/2014 recruitment period and the overwhelming demand for places on the cadet programme, the cadet pilot application portal is now closed until further notice.

fulminn
11th Apr 2013, 21:02
a friend of mine will be assessed on april 25th!

gossetti
11th Apr 2013, 22:32
When did he get the call? when did he get the first email from cae? Grazie.

fulminn
12th Apr 2013, 06:54
we finished in 3 in october 7, we applied togheter on october 17
me and another guy were called on nov 28 for the assessment on january 9.
the other one was called last week.

gossetti
12th Apr 2013, 19:16
and when did this guy receive the first email from cae asking about his cv?

fulminn
12th Apr 2013, 20:02
a week before the call

Bob Lorentz
13th Apr 2013, 20:53
Anyone here who starts the TR on the 22nd of july ?
Me and another guy from my assessment day (march 20th) got offered a course in july, 1 more in august and 2 more in september :)

jimmyjetplane
14th Apr 2013, 11:57
Hey Guys,

Here's a question for anyone who has done he sim check this Year.I did mine a while back, but a friend of mine said that when He had the emergency He still had to fly the Aircraft and deal with the situation of a cabin fire.

When I had the same the simulator was frozen ,looks like He had a hard time!Anyone else had this?

P M me if you prefer.....

Cheers!

Jimmy.

Bob Lorentz
14th Apr 2013, 13:48
Although we were told to "expect a non-normal situation" in flight, we got none in the sim. Seems it differs a lot depending on the instructor and/or candidates. I'm sure our instructor did not forget about it, but was apparently convinced of our CRM in some other way.

I would argue that it's normal to continue flying the plane, the "only" thing you have to do is to talk to your PM. They don't expect novices to complete memory items or checklists. Neither will you be asked to do airwork or navigate while dealing with the cabin fire or similar !
If you read this thread, the common thing to do is your PIOSEE, FORDEC or whatever you've been taught in your MCC and advice ATC but you won't execute the diversion or emergency landing etc. It's all about CRM.

Cheers,
Bob

illuminat83
14th Apr 2013, 14:43
please boblorentz could you tell me about your background because i´ve been rejected three times when my cv was received by ryr. Send a private if you prefer it thanks in advance

plikee
14th Apr 2013, 23:27
the common thing to do is your PIOSEE, FORDEC or whatever you've been taught in your MCC

Never knew what FORDEC was until you German guys told me in the MCC :p very useful indeed! :ok:

gossetti
15th Apr 2013, 15:08
illuminat, check your pm. :)

Regulation 6
16th Apr 2013, 08:59
Well done to all you Chaps who have passed the Ryanair selection process. By all accounts it's not a giveaway so those who are selected must have talent.

I was talking to a young Chap the other week who also passed, and received his training start date, only then to turn them down! When I asked why on earth he would do that, he reeled off a few reasons that rather put it in perspective: He would sign a EUR 28k+ contract with a 3rd party training provider; there would be 2 company layers between himself and Ryanair; and of course the main problem; that there were absolutely no assurances of where he would be based and how much flying he would be doing - both critical issues when flying for Ryanair.

Speaking to another couple of guys afterwards, it transpires that there are a number of cadets who have gone through the training process, but who are hardly flying at all - so having the expense of living away from their homes, but not earning anything.

I have always had a certain respect for Ryanair. You joined the company and received good quality training on a very desirable jet. You then flew your backside off, got shafted financially of course, but got lots of good experience in a short period of time. You would probably get quite a quick command in the process.

In my view, if you take the experience out of the equation, it all becomes a very different animal. I have always despised pay to fly, but this could turn out to be pay to not fly...

Even if that were the case, hopefully it would not last for long what with Ryanair's massive recent order for new jets

So, I would be steeling myself for a possible period of very little earnings. I imagine that quite a proportion of you chaps come from wealthy families (and I don't knock that; we cannot choose what we are born into just as I also don't knock those 10-20% of pilots who are genuinely gifted) so it won't matter that much. But to some, it may matter a lot.

I have little personal knowledge of Ryanair so feel free to correct me and give me at least some optimism as to the way that my chosen profession, that I have enjoyed every minute of for well over 40 years, is going. I am from a completely different generation to you guys

jeanpaul172
16th Apr 2013, 09:10
The amount of flying you do does depend on the base you are assigned to. However, I got lots of friends/ people I know working for Ryanair as cadets and I haven't heard of anyone that doesn't make at least 500-600 hrs a year. The majority is flying a lot (700-800hrs last year).

Regulation 6
16th Apr 2013, 09:13
Good news - thanks JP

Depone
16th Apr 2013, 09:16
I was talking to a young Chap the other week who also passed, and received his training start date, only then to turn them down! When I asked why on earth he would do that, he reeled off a few reasons that rather put it in perspective: He would sign a EUR 28k+ contract with a 3rd party training provider; there would be 2 company layers between himself and Ryanair; and of course the main problem; that there were absolutely no assurances of where he would be based and how much flying he would be doing - both critical issues when flying for Ryanair.

All of his 'reasons' for not accepting the job are things any competent person would have discovered before paying to apply for the job. :ugh:

Regulation 6
16th Apr 2013, 09:43
Possibly a valid point Depone

When you learn to operate an Aeroplane, they teach you some kind of decision making tool - eg DODAR, where the 'R' means review - and if necessary change the plan. It is never a crime to change your mind old son!

One day, I'm sure you will make an excellent pilot..

Depone
16th Apr 2013, 10:36
One day, I'm sure you will make an excellent pilot..

Thank you for appearing to have confidence in me, however your sarcasm is misplaced. My piloting abilities are not in question. I have proven them on the line for a few years now.

It is never a crime to change your mind old son!

Reviewing your decision is admirable - I speak as one who came to flying after a career change. And I also turned down CTC and their Easyjet hold pool.

However, your friend claims to have turned down Ryanair purely on the grounds of factors that he knew before applying. Possibly a valid point ? No, I think it is an entirely valid point.

Happy flying.

Regulation 6
16th Apr 2013, 11:45
One of the points that I was trying to pass on from information given to me - and which I think would have been understood by the majority of potential pilots reading this thread, is the possibility that the Ryanair you find having been checked out, may be somewhat different from the Ryanair you thought you knew when you applied. You may be flying far less hours and earning far less money than you originally thought.

Something you learn very quickly on the line is that if you make smart-alec clever-dick remarks you will be shot down very quickly.

Depone, your entirely gratuitous and unhelpful remark in post #3680 (adorned with the 'I must be very clever' head banging), fell into that category. You can give us your life history in justification if you want, but I'm afraid you will still be looked upon as a clever-dick know it all who must be a terrible bore on the flight deck

Depone
16th Apr 2013, 13:54
Utter nonsense.

My comment is valid. The head-banging is a reflection of my frustration at your report of a pilot who evidently applied to Ryanair without doing any research about what was on offer.

And, unlike you, I am not being personally insulting.

Bob Lorentz
16th Apr 2013, 17:52
Never knew what FORDEC was until you German guys told me in the MCC very useful indeed! :ok:

I'm not German, but I don't feel offended at all :)

While we're at it, here's another brilliant one I got: when you haven't got any climbing performance :confused:, check your gifts !

G ear
I ce
F laps
T hrust (or power)
S peedbrake

Unfortunately, I didn't know it yet when I moved from the PA28 Archer to the Arrow (with CSP and RG), and surely I wondered why we didn't climb more than 150 ft/min on a hot summer day with the gear extended after T/O ...
Funny to remember those moments, though ;)

jimmyjetplane
16th Apr 2013, 19:06
Anyone who was at Stanstead on March 12th please P M me.

Bobermo
17th Apr 2013, 10:57
As a long time reader of the forums and in particular this thread now it is finally time to make my first post:

Anyone here that is going to the assessment on the 8th of May?

Mitigator
18th Apr 2013, 22:14
Anyone for introduction the 5th of Aug and TR the 19th? PM me

lucapilot
19th Apr 2013, 15:39
Hi when did you do the assessment and when did they call you?
Million thanks

RodMD80
24th Apr 2013, 09:22
Hi, I've been reading the post for a long time. Thanks for your help. I finally have the assessment on May 16th. Anybody going? You can send me PM

Good luck to everyone having an assessment/looking for a job!:ok:

djgeniohoping
30th Apr 2013, 18:56
hi guys,
hi to everybody ?
anyone know something about results of 25 of april for pilot interview got in stansted at hangar 10 ?
Because I heard different ways, like in two days response by email from other assessment, other guys say in two weeks, other guys in one month e-mail with no fit for ryanair pilot position, other guys has been called on the phone after ten days...
So what can we expect ? if there are any guys did assessment with me on 25 of april , please contact me to feel in touch

Thank you guys, and good luck to everybody

plikee
30th Apr 2013, 21:51
It looks like they are taking longer to give any feedback from the assessment. In the last few cases, some guys posting in here were waiting a month. If you go back to last year's posts in this thread, you will see many people received their feedback few days after.

Cheers!

djgeniohoping
30th Apr 2013, 22:14
thank you for this reply...
the problem is : I didn't understand, many people are talking about two days, some people talking about ten days, some people after three days got e-mail no fit for ryanair.
So there isn't right feedback when it come out ... I thinks so...
and about 25 of aprile is there anybody ??

thank you so much

Pittslover
30th Apr 2013, 22:44
Anybody knows when they will open the recruitment again ?

djgeniohoping
1st May 2013, 13:44
i dont' know exactly when... but I got assessment on 25 of april ... So i think they openened in april or march.. but they 're recruiting now, at the moment.. I'm looking for anybody got assessment with me on 25 of april, to know if he got results or not yet... Just like me.. Waiting...

See you guys.....

squall_sebas
2nd May 2013, 23:44
Anyone got the assessment April 11th and got any answer yet?
Please let me know!!
Cheers

A320_Lover
3rd May 2013, 13:35
For those guys who attended the assessment recently or have been called to take it soon, could you please say when the cae application was made and when the first call was received ?
Just to realize the amount of time that was needed to be called.

RedBullGaveMeWings
3rd May 2013, 13:45
There is no standard waiting time. Some waited weeks, some months, some even years. It's a lottery.

A320_Lover
3rd May 2013, 14:33
yes it's not fixed of course, but is always good to get as much feedback as possible from your colleagues. By the way, the method used by cae to contact people for the first time is always a phone call or it can also be an e-mail ?

RedBullGaveMeWings
3rd May 2013, 16:08
This post might give you a clue: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged-170.html#post7528417

32Golf
16th May 2013, 22:06
Anyone got the TR 2nd September in Amsterdam, give me a shout..

Bobermo
17th May 2013, 08:35
When did you do the assessment?

lucapilot
17th May 2013, 18:24
Vlinder and 32golf
When did you do the assessment?
Is it close or not?
Thanks

plikee
17th May 2013, 18:47
Lucapilot the recruitment is open, new applications not. They are taking pilots from the pool they have.

taitibob
22nd May 2013, 11:39
Does someone have infos or good feedbacks for the Ryanair assessment ? I have my assessment on the 5th of June.

Pittslover
28th May 2013, 19:49
Anybody know when the recruitment will be open again for new applications?:O

Bobermo
30th May 2013, 11:19
Has anyone who did the assessment on 08/05 received any news?

Schoolflight575
30th May 2013, 15:29
Does anyone know how they do with choosing base for you and how long in to training until you know where?

lospilotos
30th May 2013, 15:34
They will look at the list of bases you have requested and make sure not to place you anywhere near any of those. They will tell you after training is finished.

Schoolflight575
31st May 2013, 00:25
Alrighty then. But is there a glap between the training and positioning at the base? A week, month or a year:cool:

lospilotos
31st May 2013, 05:33
Schoolflight: Not trying to be negative, just making sure you don´t get disappointed... If not yet, join REPA Frontpage (http://www.repaweb.org) and RPG to put a stop to the silly basing policy.

Yes, there will be a gap between your line check and getting your "permanent" base. Typically a week to a month. Meanwhile, expect a lot of standbys in your training base (as in paying for accommodation but not getting paid). Again, if you have budgeted for it, not a problem, if not, well...

ValePilot
1st Jun 2013, 21:29
I've been contacted from CAE 2 days ago requesting my CV. So they are recruting...

plikee
1st Jun 2013, 22:45
Valepilot, no onw said they were not recruiting - they JUST closed the portal for NEW applications. Good luck!

ValePilot
4th Jun 2013, 18:08
Someone the 13th of June for interview??

florent
5th Jun 2013, 08:59
Hi, I'm going to pass the assessment day on the 13th of June. Have you got any information about this day and especially about the technical questions ??? Do you know if it's possible to pass the Sim test with flying colors without doing a special training or a flight on B737NG sim before ???
Thanks in advance guys.

Aleboni
5th Jun 2013, 09:14
Is there anybody that's been contacted by cae except valepilot?:)

magentarc
5th Jun 2013, 10:30
yes they contacted me last thursday asking my cv!

Aleboni
5th Jun 2013, 13:20
When did you apply for the program?:)

magentarc
5th Jun 2013, 17:17
Hey,
I applied in january.. what about yourself?

Aleboni
5th Jun 2013, 21:34
I applied in march i sent you a private message! Anyway good luck

jeehaa
6th Jun 2013, 08:13
It seems Valepilot has been invited for an assessment finally. Good for you, man! The waiting pays off, I told you. Good luck!

ValePilot
6th Jun 2013, 11:54
Many thanks :D . You know my history...:ok:

VelocityNeverExceed
7th Jun 2013, 21:13
Anyone here invited for the 19th of June?

magentarc
7th Jun 2013, 22:07
Unfortunately nobody called me yet.. but good luck! When did they ask for your cv?

jimmyjetplane
10th Jun 2013, 14:52
If anyone has had their assessment and think they did well but where unsuccessful and over age 35 OR just can't get an assessment

I have some interesting information about this.

Jetpipe.
10th Jun 2013, 23:49
I think the ''unofficial'' age limit for RYR cadets is =<31. This is though a rumour..

Schoolflight575
11th Jun 2013, 15:09
Please tell jimmyjetplane...

jimmyjetplane
11th Jun 2013, 17:38
I will only comment further with reference to my earlier post if you PM me.

Jet Simulation
14th Jun 2013, 01:37
Admittedly they do seem to prefer younger pilots on first glance but if you look at the percentage of under 30 compared to over 30 inexperienced pilots, there is a much bigger percentage being under 30. Naturally due to this the number of over 30 pilots applying to RYR would be a lot less although if you look at it with percentages, it may very well mirror the pilot demographics in the general market.

jimmyjetplane
14th Jun 2013, 11:16
And who's heard of them hiring a 50 year old lately?!!......

Aleboni
14th Jun 2013, 19:06
A friend of mine has been contacted two days ago by CAE and he applied to the program at the end of march!! Is there someone else? :)

Aviator1986
15th Jun 2013, 18:00
Oh yes me!!! Did your friend got invited to the assesment?

Aleboni
15th Jun 2013, 19:48
Not yet :( when did you apply??

magentarc
18th Jun 2013, 13:41
Good luck for tomorrow Valepilot, I keep my fingers crossed for you!

ValePilot
18th Jun 2013, 17:48
@Magenta

Hi! thanks, but I had the interview on 13th June :), I'm waiting for the result!

Charliec
18th Jun 2013, 18:01
Valepilot and Aviator 1986, would you mind telling us where you completed your pilot training ?

CTC ? Oxford Aviation ?

ValePilot
18th Jun 2013, 18:16
I've completed my training with a FTO here in Italy (Rome). No Oxford nor CTC.:)

captain.weird
18th Jun 2013, 18:54
Which FTO did you go for your flight training? You can also PM me!

Aviator1986
18th Jun 2013, 20:28
Hi
I also applied in March, and two week ago i sent my cv.
Last week i got invited to the assesment after a telephone interview. Went really fast!

ValePilot
18th Jun 2013, 20:53
@ captain.weird

I did my training with Aviomar Flight Training.
I have been contacted by CAE the 30th May and 2nd June I've received the call with assessment's date.

magentarc
19th Jun 2013, 08:11
Lol Valepilot then :-) im sure you did a great job! Hopefully good news come soon!

magentarc
20th Jun 2013, 09:12
Anyone here who was contacted by CAE in may or before and still waiting for a phone call from Ryanair?

Charliec
20th Jun 2013, 09:47
Aviator 1986, what do you mean by "and two week ago i sent my cv." ?

Did you send your cv by mail ? I thought it was forbidden by Ryanair to use any other mean than the CAE website to contact them ...

Thank you for your answer :)

RorSharklets
20th Jun 2013, 14:27
Any attendees from the 6th June assessment day heard anything back yet? Successful or otherwise?

Aviator1986
20th Jun 2013, 15:58
Hi
That means CAE contacted me via e Mail and told me to send them my cv so that they could send it to Ryanair. So the normal Way i think!

sunehem
21st Jun 2013, 15:38
Hi
I went to the assessment the 25th of April, and first got my response June 11. I was successful, but I will not start type-rating until 6th of January 2014.
So I guess things ain't moving that fast.

aaronbattersby
21st Jun 2013, 16:49
I'm also on the Ryanair Type Rating on the 6th January, I did my assessment on the 25th April.

Charliec
25th Jun 2013, 13:10
Congratulations to both of you !:ok:

For information, when did you apply online ?

sunehem
28th Jun 2013, 09:47
I applied somewhere about march 25th, but I know a lot of other guys who waited much much longer for an assessment, so it seems pretty random.

Aleboni
28th Jun 2013, 10:42
I've applied 12th march and never get called :{

altiplano
28th Jun 2013, 17:51
Congratulations to both of you !

Is that a joke? Sorry to hear you are joining such an organization. I can't believe that people are still signing up for this... Good luck guys - bring the lube and enjoy the "airline" lifestyle...

Aviator1986
28th Jun 2013, 19:14
There are people because they want to fly. And you can think about ryanair what you want. Nobody treats you to work there! So let people be happy when they reach there goals and stop reading this blog when you have this thinkings!

ValePilot
28th Jun 2013, 19:30
Everyone does what he wants ;) . It's simple!! :ok:

RorSharklets
29th Jun 2013, 10:43
Any attendees from the 6th June assessment day heard anything back yet? Successful or otherwise?

How long did people have to wait between assessment days and a response? Again successful or otherwise.

pudoc
29th Jun 2013, 15:43
January 2014? Wow.

Either their courses are really booked up or they're just not needing many pilots atm?

ValePilot
29th Jun 2013, 16:01

How long did people have to wait between assessment days and a response? Again successful or otherwise.

Me and the other guys are waiting the response of 13th of June!

32Golf
3rd Jul 2013, 15:01
Anybody that got the TR 2nd September in AMS, there's a Facebook group set up for the course if you want to join. Just search in Facebook for Ryanair Type Rating Program - CAE1302

Cheers

Nflyer88
4th Jul 2013, 00:34
Hello everyone, just a quick question.. I am currently doing my ATPL's and will then go straight onto cpl,me/IR.
My question is that by the time I finish I will be 25years of age will this pose a problem with getting invited for an interview with ryanair as I am not meeting the rumoured ryanair "age bracket"

Kind regards.

Papa_Golf
4th Jul 2013, 07:40
A couple of guys in my type rating course were 29 at thr date of joining, so don't worry about the so called age limit, because it does not exist. Furthermore one of our SFIs joined as a cadet (200 hrs) at the age of 42!:ok:

pudoc
4th Jul 2013, 14:15
A friend claims there are 2 people in their early 30s on his type rating course with Ryanair.

A couple of guys in my type rating course were 29 at thr date of joining, so don't worry about the so called age limit, because it does not exist. Furthermore one of our SFIs joined as a cadet (200 hrs) at the age of 42!

As with a lot of things on pprune, the Ryanair age limit thing seems to be like chinese whispers from people I've spoken to.

Nflyer88
4th Jul 2013, 15:25
Thanks for your response guys much appreciated! I guess that gives me a bit of hope! Here's hoping ryanair open up the vacancy again in 2014 I suspect they will considering their huge order of a/c.

annita
4th Jul 2013, 21:52
On the other hand I know 3 guys, all between 30 and 33 years of age, that applied and specifically one of them 3 years ago and never got called.

Someone that was hired argued that it was his CV and attitude but clearly during the first stage of the application you don't upload any CV and you can't really tell about a pilot's attitude by just writing his name and age in a form..........

fulminn
5th Jul 2013, 07:08
that cadet are now SFI, but he is irish from dublin, aeronautical engineer ex airbus in hamburg on 350,380 project:sad:
it is another type of stuff.

Aleboni
5th Jul 2013, 15:01
Are there any cadet with an experience such as 500-600 hours?

Foxtrot10
7th Jul 2013, 12:21
Do guys going through training or that have applied to FR know what the ACTUAL situation is now??

We are flying 50/60 hrs per month in summer and winter it is dropping off to 20/30. No matter how many hours you fly you are losing approx. half your salary(yes half!) to income tax in Ireland and social security in the country you are based in. Your social security rates are eye watering as you are footing the company's contribution. I know guys looking at working second jobs in the winter! It is that bad! I understand how difficult it is for guys finding that first job but you have to ask yourself is this worth it anymore. It is a part time job and its a FACT you will not earn enough in winter months to pay for rent, car, loan repayments, mortgages at home, cost of living.

Guys need to start asking questions at application stage/at interview stage, ask CAE about what the actual situation is now etc The word needs to spread quickly. No, Fr will not change based on this alone but along with RPG and REPA working from within this is the only way to change things for the better.

pudoc
7th Jul 2013, 22:50
As long as pilots are unemployed, people will keep going into Ryanair.

Although what I don't understand is Ryanair's thinking behind the lack of hours? With so many aircraft coming they will need a bucket load of captains, where are they going to come from if their FOs aren't doing much flying?

gossetti
9th Jul 2013, 16:34
is there anybody who is going to STN for an assessment in the near future?

Aleboni
9th Jul 2013, 20:43
Have you been contacted by CAE gossetti? :)

jeehaa
10th Jul 2013, 09:07
In a lot of the responses above, I see people failing to see the outset of the deliveries. There where 305 airframes at the end of last year.

now: 290 airframes (15 returned to lessor)
until somewhere half 2018: replacement of 105 airframes
from half 2018 until end 2019: addition of the rest of the orders bringing the total to 375 airframes.

The point: there is no actual expansion before 2018. Before this, starting from the beginning of 2014, extreme numbers of cadets are to be expected. Flying hours will go down extremely from now on, probably with more compulsory unpaid leave or more unpaid standbys. Cadets joining from now on should be happy to have a job, but will face the results of the employment model within the first year, by losing a lot of their income to taxes (up to 60% off gross income) which can be covered with expenses in the first year. After that it is salary-60%. Just keep this in mind

contacttower118.2
10th Jul 2013, 10:19
The point: there is no actual expansion before 2018. Before this, starting from the beginning of 2014, extreme numbers of cadets are to be expected.

Could you explain that bit more? Why would they continue to recruit in 2014 if there is no more expansion until 2018...?

contacttower118.2
10th Jul 2013, 14:05
That's why they won't stop taking your money and will continue to hire

So why have they closed the application portal then?

pudoc
10th Jul 2013, 14:50
The portals closed, but there are thousands of people (probably) still registered on the portal. Tonnes of people are still being hired.

Aalto
16th Jul 2013, 19:27
Hello everyone!
I am planning to begin 0 to ATPL frozen course this year. I am 23 years old. And I want to ask if it won`t be a problem to get my first pilot job in Ryanair after finishing the course?
I am currently working for Ryanair as a cabin crew and never had a time to speak, ask questions to first officers or captains.
What I have to do after finishing my ATPL course, do I have to find a school for B737-800 training or I can do it with Ryanair? How much it will cost? Do they have contracts for first officers like for cabin crew- crewlink, dalmac..? Or its Ryanair contract?
Thanks!!

Air France One
19th Jul 2013, 10:08
Aalto, if you really wanted you'd have found time to ask the pilots. Come on, you work with them, you see them prior and after brief, you can get in the cockpit during long flights, you can even have access to their email and phone number in 10 secs of time. Anyway.

You have to apply thru CAE (by the way the portal is currently closed), if you get a chance to go to an interview and pass, you will complete a Type Rating at CAE for 28 500 EUR.

Then you will start flying as a junior First Officer, being employed by a subcontractor (Storm McGingley). No Ryanair contract.

pudoc
19th Jul 2013, 13:52
Aalto, I've heard they do not hire people who previously worked for them. Could be a rumour, but then again it's Ryanair...

plikee
19th Jul 2013, 16:03
Aalto, I've heard they do not hire people who previously worked for them. Could be a rumour, but then again it's Ryanair...

Rumour. Know people that is actual FO and worked before to them outside the cockpit.

Aalto
21st Jul 2013, 21:07
Is it just in Ryanair I have to pay for Type Rating?

ign
23rd Jul 2013, 11:30
Hi there,

Is there anyone who went to the assessment day the 11th of July at STN?

I did and waiting for the response!!

Bobermo
24th Jul 2013, 08:45
I was there in the beginning of May, and received the response in the beginning of July.. Not saying that the wait be as long for you as mine, but just for general info. Good luck!

npap
24th Jul 2013, 13:48
Does anyone know when should a reply be expected for someone attended the assessment on 15th May?

go around flaps15
24th Jul 2013, 16:54
You should have heard by now. Never heard of anyone waiting that long for an outcome.

Axluc
25th Jul 2013, 10:24
For information I got a response the 9th of july for an assessment the 19th of june...

ICERICK
25th Jul 2013, 12:40
Assessment: 4th July
No response so far...

taitibob
31st Jul 2013, 14:21
Just for info, got my assessment 5th of June and respond on the 3th July.

Does anyone start his type rating the 3th of March in EMA ?
if yes, can contact me in private

gossetti
5th Aug 2013, 13:49
Does anybody have a RYR hangar 10 phone number at stansted?

alfatangomike
7th Aug 2013, 19:43
Anyone starting TR on 3rd February?

ign
11th Aug 2013, 18:32
I have been waiting a response from ryr for more than a month... is there anyone in the same case?

plikee
12th Aug 2013, 14:30
Guys, as you can see from last post, they are taking more time to reply. Don't panic! Have a friend that only got a reply almost 2 months after the assessment.

Good luck :ok:

MD101
21st Aug 2013, 21:39
Hi guys,

To all who have been lucky enough to attend interview, I'm just wondering how are you initially contacted by CAE? Is it email or telephone call. Applied in March haven't heard anything as of yet.

Alexandredias
25th Aug 2013, 12:33
I applied to Ryanair trough CAE in November 2012 and no answer at all... Do they reply by e-mail or phone call? Thanks.

johnpilot
28th Aug 2013, 14:50
If you did not get a reply then it did not go through the system.

Check with them again!

pilot_guy
17th Sep 2013, 15:42
Hey guys,

anyone starting on March 3rd in Amsterdam (CAE1305)? Feel free to message me, it'd be great to get in contact beforehand.

For anyone waiting for their answer: It took them 6 weeks to reply to me and I had my interview in May.

Cheers

GA_flps1
18th Sep 2013, 17:40
I was called a year after the application so don't worry,

ValePilot
19th Sep 2013, 05:56
Are there any possibility to be called again for an interview, after a negative answer??

Cheers

fulminn
19th Sep 2013, 10:12
It's very hard, it happen in the past years, now I really don't know...they have a lot of applicants...what did you do wrong? ( if you have recognized it!)

ValePilot
19th Sep 2013, 11:05
Doing the application with another email?

A320_Lover
20th Sep 2013, 13:05
have you received a confirmation email after pressing the button : APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ?

I'm asking because i did my online application several months ago and i received only the email from cae upon creating the login profile but not after having applied for the job itself.

ValePilot
20th Sep 2013, 18:19
I've applied the program last March. Anyway I ve got the email from CAE on the end of May , and interview the 13th of June. Bad mail is arrived 20 days after :(

Roni_A320
30th Sep 2013, 08:24
i applied feb 2012 and still nothing to this day, haven't got any answer! I did draw the application back though and re-applied again after months just to be shore. Nop nothing, any ideas?

PIOSEE
29th Oct 2013, 00:24
It's all starting again next month...

pilotchute
5th Nov 2013, 04:10
Its back on. Just saw the website this morning. fATPL's and DEC's it appears.

A320_Lover
6th Nov 2013, 21:07
Nice to see the reopening of CAE portal.
However there are pilots that have applied several months ago before the 1st april 2013 and are still waiting to get called by CAE.

OutsideCAS
7th Nov 2013, 08:26
Anyone know what they are looking for at assessment? have heard about some of the areas and hope someone can add details to below;

1. Check of wallet, contents and size - my wallet is small, battered and has coins only - does it have to be notes only?

2. No requirement to fund anything - is this true? I really would prefer to pay for my uniform, car park pass and recurrent training HOTAC and transport, and do it on my days off...would they be flexible enough to allow this instead?

3. Full time contracts only - disappointing if true - any way I could try for a 'Zero Hours' contract? is there the chance to have no paid holidays and an unpaid month off each year, while not having any real employment protection and rights? I like the idea of not knowing whether I can survive from one month to the next, it adds to the excitement. I love risk.

4. Full Union recognition - again, another mark against but am hoping this isn't true, and that I can remain fragmented from my other colleagues, perhaps based in a remote outpost with no way of return for many, many years and if I raise my head even slightly above the parapet, I can have it 'blown off' with clever MOL rhetoric, thinly veiled threats and then a good chance of no requirement for my services from that point on.

Thanks guys, look forward to replies :rolleyes:

ValePilot
7th Nov 2013, 11:35
I'm confused about your point 1:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TeaTowel
7th Nov 2013, 13:51
Spot on OutsideCAS:D

To the people planning on paying for this, how much have you budgeted for your future 777, A330 type ratings? I mean after 5-6 years of flying a 737 you still wont know how to fly an A330 right? And you will have to pay to train on them?

Like why should the airline pay, after all they are offering you a service by giving you their jet.

You know I recently read about a company that bought around 300 expensive airliners. They didn't bother covering the cost of having pilots trained in on them, so they went bust..........O if only.:rolleyes:

TeaTowel
7th Nov 2013, 13:55
I'm surprised this isn't advertised on Jobsbridge to be honest.

AT3
7th Nov 2013, 14:03
I would like to ask those who actually have been called up for whatever is the next stage after CAE initial application (or is it a case of everyone being called at this stage), what have you inserted in "additional info - step 6"

One more thing... In step 5 - work profile, would you insert dates for interview and TR as immediate (showing that you are very flexible) or realistic dates as some people do actually work :)

Does it all matter at this stage!?

Thank you!

Gurkan
7th Nov 2013, 15:21
I recived an email today that cae has sent my cv to Ryanair for approval. Does anybody know how long time it could take Before i hear from cae again?

Jetpipe.
7th Nov 2013, 15:22
Sid-South,

Does anyone know if there are any Ryanair contracts available this time or is it Brookfield or nothing?

No cadet is offered a Ryanair contract, it's either Brookfield or Storm.

How likely are the new cadets to end up somewhere like Marrakech? Is that negotiable in the interview/if or when a contract is offered?

You will not end up in Marrakech as the only people that fly there are on floating contracts. They ask you on the interview but it is just an indication for them to see how flexible you are (my guess). You can end up in a sh:mad:hole or you can end up at home or at some beach with 25° all year around flying 5-6hr ''longhaul'' flights to scandinavia.. Nobody has figured yet how this works! You can apply for a base after your Line training is complete but still this will only affect their decision if they have a need at that particular base.

Are you offered a contract of employment before you start your self funded type rating?

Yes. After a successful interview Storm or Brookfield will call you for the details..

AT3,

I would like to ask those who actually have been called up for whatever is the next stage after CAE initial application (or is it a case of everyone being called at this stage), what have you inserted in "additional info - step 6"

If you can't find anything better, make a brief, compact synopsis of the best parts in your cover letter. Anyhow do not leave it blank!

In step 5 - work profile, would you insert dates for interview and TR as immediate (showing that you are very flexible) or realistic dates as some people do actually work

Immediate!

Ciapapa
7th Nov 2013, 16:14
It depends... when did you apply? did you just send your cv after having submitted the first application? it all depends on the time you applied and the following steps...:confused:

Jetpipe.
7th Nov 2013, 18:01
do you get a choice regarding Brookfield or Storm?

No. You do not get a choice.

Also, could you tell me what is meant by 'floating contract'?

After some amount of hours you may be given the choice of a floating contract which means flying 5, OFF 5 days, every week from a different base and you get an extra 20€ per Scheduled Block Hour..

may I ask how you found the terms and in the first months post TR?

No comment!

Naaj
7th Nov 2013, 21:11
I submitted my application for a couple of days ago but I was not sure regarding the flight hours which need to be entered whether the sim and FNPT II time shall be inclduded or not.

I just graduated from flying school with a total flight time of 152 hours excl. sim time and 220 hours incl. sim time.

Can anybody tell me which number needs to be entered?

Gurkan
7th Nov 2013, 23:00
I applied for three weeks ago, same day as they reopened. And yesterday I recived an email that cae wanted my cv. So i mailed them, and after a few hours I recived an email that my cv has been sent to Ryan for approval.

Aleboni
8th Nov 2013, 07:57
gurkan are you a student of cae oxford? If no you are very lucky... i've been waiting since march

TeaTowel
8th Nov 2013, 13:42
Ah the ol' divide and conquer. Give more hours to the storm guys as they're cheaper. Next year introduce a new contract which guaranties 25 hours a month but for €20 less per hour, reduce the storm contract to zero hours....rinse and repeat.

I remember reading PPrune back in 2008 with guys justifying accepting Brookfield as T&Cs will have to improve eventually.:ugh:

737aviator
8th Nov 2013, 17:36
I'd suggest those who don't think its possible to have less than 30 hours a month to look at UK base rosters at the moment. 20 is common in some for November. Some are lucky to get a week out of base like TFS but if not you're screwed if you haven't saved in summer and have loan repayments.

Expect to hit 500hrs about 1 year after starting the rating if you're lucky enough to be line training in winter (if line training you'll do 70+hrs a month irrespective of the season). If you do line training in summer then I'd estimate up to 15 months from week 1 at EMA to hit 500.

PIOSEE
9th Nov 2013, 09:56
Hi Guys,

In my opinion the above poster is not as correct as he thinks.

I joined roughly this time last year. And now I have 600hrs on type. The TR course was slightly extended due to Christmas and a few other factors.

I started line training in April, and finished in May. And as I said to date I've 600 on the 738. Going by my course mates, they have roughly the same as I, give or take 20-30hrs. Average was 75hrs pm during the summer and at the moment that's going down to 50-55.

What you need to know going into FR is, you pay for everything. They really don't care about you to a degree. I mean if you have personal issues or you stumble into problems with your training they'll certainly go out of their way to help you. On a everyday basis they won't. If we were in the states it would take at least 10yrs to get in a jet like this. And the training is fantastic. So there are positives. Any job you get after FR will only be because you needed jet time. Look at it as a stepping stone or a flight school!

That said its a concern that they're recruiting 500 next year the same the year after and 300 the year after that. And next year we'll have 10 planes less then what we do now. So all I'd say is you'd be mad not to join if you have nothing else on the table and if you get in, do so with your eyes open.

zerotohero
9th Nov 2013, 10:59
PIOSEE

Look at it like a flight school, is there a more depressing statement for a "professional" career :{

Many true comments and good info, some F/O's in my base are doing 20-30 hours this month so 50+ is very good going for a winter base

Great experience here but you pay for it in a few ways, just make sure you have some spare cash always to get your experience as I know of one guy who went home during line training as he could not afford the hotel anymore and only option was sleeping in the terminal which is not really an option.

TeaTowel
9th Nov 2013, 15:18
If we were in the states it would take at least 10yrs to get in a jet like this

What you need to know going into FR is, you pay for everything.

Look at it as a stepping stone or a flight school!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/28055_533046356713306_1878209852_n.jpg?lvh=1

Naaj
9th Nov 2013, 20:33
I submitted my application for a couple of days ago but I was not sure regarding the flight hours which need to be entered whether the sim and FNPT II time shall be inclduded or not.

I just graduated from flying school with a total flight time of 152 hours excl. sim time and 220 hours incl. sim time.

Can anybody tell me which number needs to be entered?

PIOSEE
10th Nov 2013, 00:13
Naaj, sim time (FNPT II) should not be included into your total time.

Tea towel very mature posting!

My point is, I'm stating the here and now. The fact is Ryanair is like a flight school. I'm not saying it's right but it is what it is. Until the pilot body stick together and stand up for themselves it will remain the same if not get worse. But anyone who has moved on from Ryanair to the likes of BA, EK, VA etc wouldn't have got the positions if they didn't have the jet time required. My point being, is not a career airline but get in get out, learn as much as you can from some really experienced guys. And when a better offer comes along, take it! And fingers crossed it will change for the better, but unlikely! There are negatives and positives. Hence there are 1000's of pilots working there, 100's leaving and 100's applying. Each pilot has his/her agenda. Some like FR for the roster others for the base they have. All depends on the person. In three years time see where your moral stance gets you when you have 2000 SEP hours vs someone with 1500 738 hours applying for let's say Norwegian or Jet2... I think you'll be left posting on Pprune for sometime to come!! That's my point. Yet I don't agree with the way it's gone just to clarify! But as it stands today, that's the way it is. Sadly!

BAe 146-100
10th Nov 2013, 13:06
The people who complain about schemes like this are the people who can't afford it, drop the moral stance, if you had the money to you would be applying as well.

TeaTowel
10th Nov 2013, 16:48
Funnily enough BAe 146-100 I am now close to having that money. Will I apply? **** no. I have always been open with my friends and family about the state of the airlines, unlike some who cant wait to pay into an airline and paint a false rosy picture to the lads back home over some pints. If I join Ryanair I will make myself a Pariah. My friends are struggling to start their careers like me, the last thing they need is someone with money or access to it getting the jobs.
The only good thing about Ryanair is that it sucks the money out of these guys and they wont be able to afford a new type rating at their next job, and so the disease dies off without a host airline. (Because paying for your first type legitimises paying for all of them)

PIOSEE I know why you did it and that's the problem. You also state the you need experience to fly airliners around the sky in busy airspace? What the hell are you doing now? Do you passengers know you treat it like a school instead of an actual airline?
You have condemned future Doctors to pay for their intern-ships, IT workers to pay for their graduate programmes, along with engineers, electricians, every profession.

A scab list was made after the Australian 89 pilots strike which made life very difficult for the strike breakers up to this day. There is also a US master scab list still doing the rounds. I think its time to make a master list of guys who buy type ratings and jobs.

AT3
10th Nov 2013, 17:22
TT, so you think you can change the world?
Sorry to disappoint you but at least half of your friends that you care so much for would jump on job "opportunity" such as this one.
Yes, I have called it an opportunity coz there's nothing out there and things not going to change, you may like it or not.
I used to think the same way as you but this profession, probably as much as any other is full of SELFISH people! And only the selfish one will get where they want to be in the future.
It's human nature, be selfish for once and do something for your self!
Stop living in a fairy land :rolleyes:

snak
11th Nov 2013, 10:40
In most of the bases they are already flying very few hours now with the winter schedule...look like they are still overcrewed?

Jwscud
11th Nov 2013, 11:53
You'll find that almost everyone is flying less over the winter than the summer. The contracts on offer for experienced FOs at the likes of Thomson and Jet 2 are along the lines of 70%/80% initially with time off over the winter.

This is a seasonal industry, and those expecting 90h/month all year round anywhere are barking up the wrong tree. The difference between the places I have mentioned above and FR and EZY are the contract - the EZY Flexi types and the BRK/Storm contractors at FR only get paid when they fly, whereas Jet2 and Thomson will give you a reduced basic over the winter.

The grass is always greener wherever you choose to go. Anyone suggesting that airlines are organised enough to divvy up the hours according to pay rates though has little inside experience of airline rostering and how haphazard it can be.

TeaTowel
11th Nov 2013, 15:20
Morals and ethics are very much part of being a professional pilot AT3. Display any other kind of behaviour and you will find it very hard to work with a crew anywhere. Maybe you should tear up your licence and become a freelance broker in the city?

A few weeks ago 500 of these pay-drivers admitted they felt current employment and other conditions are dangerous in the airline. Tell me lads, as professional licence holders, why do you want to join them? Why do you hate flying?

AT3
11th Nov 2013, 17:28
Unrotunetly morals are one thing and worlds economic situation is another one, just to let you know they don't go together TT!
If you have bothered to read I did say that I was always against practices many carries like to use to their advantage.
Morals, integrity and honesty are extremely important at work and in daily life, as somebody with a bit of life experience and some yeras in aviation industry I can tell you one thing.
Old times will not come back! So do make the best out of the resources that you have or you will be the one to tear up your licence as you will get fed up of waiting.
Nobody, I repeat nobody will listen to what you think about people paying for their TR and working for peanuts at RYR.
They will do it because they want to move forward and they are no other resource out there.
I don't hate flying and I'm sure you do not as well but if you want to fly just for love of flying get a job that will allow you to buy your own AC and ENJOY!
You surely won't change your mind but don't judge people because they went for RYR as you don't know what circumstances they might be in.
Just stand by and watch everyone move forward, I'm personally tired of it!

clvf88
12th Nov 2013, 18:02
Am I correct in saying that there is no opportunity to attach a CV during the CAE Ryanair application? I am worried I may be missing something as the site seemed slightly buggy when I applied. Cheers.

thkib
12th Nov 2013, 19:51
clvf88
Thats correct. No attatchments. Dont understand how they are picking candidates for the next round with the very limited info.

clvf88
12th Nov 2013, 20:56
Thkib, my thoughts exactly. I had heard it was a bit of a lottery and what I've seen so far would corroborate that.

Basejump
13th Nov 2013, 11:52
I believe you fill out the profile page on the CAE website. And Each week or so FR send a criteria/profile of cadet. E.g this week/month we want guys/gals who are between 22-26 and Italian French and English. That could change to something completely different the week after! CAE will have a system that filters all the info out to match what they're looking for. As for accepting CV's and inputting the data themselves wouldn't be very practical!

Basejump
13th Nov 2013, 12:16
And TT. Based on what PIOSEE and a few others said, I'd imagine if you're waiting for an airline that pays for everything from the word go. You'll be waiting for some time. But I would be careful to slate others for their choice to join RYR. As another poster said you don't know their situation. As your opinion is only an opinion and like mine, it doesn't mean you're right nor wrong. So respect others for theirs! And if I was a betting man I'd be placing the odds on the RYR guy who who racked up a couple if thousand hours on a 737-8 to move on to greener pastures vs a guy who didn't just to prove a point to his family and friends. But you're right, as that's your opinion. :-) In the states you'd have to fly a Cessna caravan for years or work in a regional airline if you're lucky for $20,000 per year before getting some jet time. In Europe we have RYR, EZY etc. all of which make you pay. Either way you pay, directly or indirectly! Whether that's right or not, well that's down to someone's opinion. The fact is, as it stands today that's just the way it is. Best of luck TT. Remember us commoners when you're flying high!

fulminn
13th Nov 2013, 18:47
Tr started in april.
Lt started in end of july.
First money in august.
88hours in november.
342 on type in 4 months(85,5 average pm)
average net salary after tax in IE and spain:
3400euros.

Really without reason to complain.

TeaTowel
14th Nov 2013, 20:20
But lads its disgustingly simple do not apply. With today's modern communications this request will have been seen by thousands by this time tomorrow.

If FR stopped getting applications in the morning you can be sure they would start panicking!! They need pilots, pilots don't need them

You must stop looking at the job like its a product you buy.

Really without reason to complain.

The many pilots who passed their interviews and assessments before you but were penniless, and had the job taken off them by you coming up from behind with cash, have many reasons to complain.

TeaTowel
14th Nov 2013, 20:24
You surely won't change your mind but don't judge people because they went for RYR as you don't know what circumstances they might be in.
Just stand by and watch everyone move forward, I'm personally tired of it!

If the circumstances are because they are in dire straits of debt then I will judge them. They had no good reason to get in debt, they were not helping anybody. Now they bring the debt and associated dangerous levels of stress that comes with it, into the flightdeck everyday. That is extremely unprofessional and anyone who does that should be grounded.

AT3
14th Nov 2013, 21:21
TT, will you for once try to be objective?
Stop making assumptions and think you know the BEST!
You DO NOT know what are circumstances when people decide to join RYR or any other airline so stop judging them!
I think you need to open up your horizons just a bit and realize we do not live in some fairyland, otherwise as you progress in your carrier (aviation hopefully) you will become more bitter and disappointed.
Stop being a crying baby and try to get the best out of the situation and circumstances YOU are in. The choice is yours!
As I have said before you will not change the world or aviation industry with you moral stance but just move backwards yourself if you not willing to be selfish and do something for your future.
I do not know you personally and you might be a great lad in real life, but I would hate to work/fly with a person that moans as much as you do!
Have a good evening :)

irishoperator
14th Nov 2013, 22:30
@ TeaTowel - sorry you were rejected by Ryan, no need for the sour grapes though.

Reality is this is one of the few ways for people to achieve their dreams, things aren't going to change, ever, so all this nonsense about don't do this scheme don't do that scheme because you're damaging t's and c's, is exactly that - nonsense.

For anything to change every pilot would need to be onboard - that's not going to happen.

T's and c's are also getting worse in almost every industry might I remind you, not just aviation.

If you don't want to do it then so be it, but don't scorn those who are taking one of the few remaining viable routes into the industry.

TeaTowel
14th Nov 2013, 23:18
Rejected by Ryanair? No.

Have I met many guys(including instructors who have to grin and bare it while training these scabs) who pass but just don't have the money, watch others take there place. Yes.

IAG results cast doubt on Ryanair warnings - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/10436072/IAG-results-cast-doubt-on-Ryanair-warnings.html) The company is not exactly on its knees is it?

things aren't going to change, ever, so all this nonsense about don't do this scheme don't do that scheme because you're damaging t's and c's, is exactly that - nonsense.
For anything to change every pilot would need to be onboard - that's not going to happen.

Guess you'l be telling all the lads trying to form a union there to just shut up and get on with it then.

Have a look in the mid-east forum, people are finally copping on that when Ryanair pilots start showing up in other airlines, things go downhill. So I hope to see a lot of ex-FR pilots barred from joining airlines by there respective unions.

AT3
15th Nov 2013, 04:36
Lets try to look at all this from another point of view.
One could say that those who factored for RYR or any other scheme in their overall training expenses were smart and the day dreamers with ideas that one of the major carriers would call them and pay for everything were stupid. (Because this is exactly how things are NOW)
You could easily make this assumption as RYR phenomenona is not something new in the industry.
Things have changed and you need to move on TT, otherwise you are not helping yourself.
ME is another story and continues degradation of working condition has nothing to do with joining of RYR pilots.
Bean counters and greed run the show over there and the fact that foreigners have no rights whatsoever so don't try to foolishy link one to another just because you have overheard something somewhere but have no personal experience.
ME has been always this way and employers there openly adopt policy of "if you don't like it here you can leave"
The word is changing so try to adapt TT, blame the richest few for all the changes but not an avarage Joe for trying to get somewhere and playing by the "rules"

OutsideCAS
15th Nov 2013, 08:37
Does anyone know when applying what Credit Rating you need? Guessing that you need to attach a copy of recent credit search to the application?:E

vasterlund
15th Nov 2013, 13:33
Hello im new here at PPRuNe!

Have billions of questions about the ryanair assessment but cant get all of them answered ofcourse but there is one i have real problems with.

Just got call from CAE to attend the assessment in 28 november and I need 2 written personal references.

What should I take? Friends or friends to family? I have 1 I know that is a friend to the family that has known me the whole life but how much should they know you? The other one im thinking of has only seen me a few times and met me the first time 5 years ago.

Its also difficult for them because they dont know what to write because it says full written reference.
Im afraid that if I take one that doesn't know me that much that cant say were i went to preschool isn't good enough as a reference???

Hope someone understands my dilemma and can provide an answer!!

:ugh:

TeaTowel
15th Nov 2013, 14:33
One of the most shocking things is that the price hasn't gone up there seems to be such demand for it.

AT3 I assume like everyone else and all the people applying now you joined FR to some day move onto a better airline. But where are you going to go? All airlines have started to reduce Ts&Cs down to FR levels because you accepted them.

Its 30-40 years away(if ever) until we have pilot-less airliners, the airlines still need us, stop acting like we need them

irishoperator
15th Nov 2013, 15:44
All I can say TeaTowel is enjoy remaining outside the cockpit whilst you wait on the off chance that conditions improve to your liking.

If you don't take the opportunities there are plenty of other candidates who will and your feet will remain firmly on the ground.

This is the way aviation is nowadays, its a case of either accepting the conditions the industry is offering or consider another career.

TeaTowel
15th Nov 2013, 17:04
Ah it always comes back to the "Ya well I have cash and you don't so I get the job"

Do you say that to your girlfriend?, your friends?, your family? Because you are saying it to them.

You'l be joining me on the ground in a few years anyway, FR will push you out to make room for new pay drivers and the pilots and unions in other airlines will rightly block your application.

irishoperator
15th Nov 2013, 21:26
I can assure you I won't be reverting back to unemployed status, the future is bright for me, I'm in the latter stages of moving to a national carrier.

Anyway the thread has gone far off track now, so I'll withdraw from our conversation to allow it to regain its original purpose.

And if you think airlines are going to block Ryan air pilots from jobs, then I'm afraid that ridiculous. In fact checking BAFPP for fun, one the case study pilots is from guess where - Ryan

Apologies everyone for detracting from the thread.

vasterlund
15th Nov 2013, 21:52
Just so everyone knows I got my answer and I hope the thread gets back on track! :rolleyes:
It works with a good friend as reference :)
Cheers :p

ValePilot
17th Nov 2013, 12:58
I have applied for second time...let's see what happens, anyway is free :}

TeaTowel
17th Nov 2013, 18:57
I said the Unions will try and block applications irishoperator, not the management. They will of course be all over you with previous demonstrated ability to accept a bashing.

Will you be joining a union at your new airline? Why?

ValePilot
17th Nov 2013, 19:46
I'm agree with you!!:ok:

vasterlund
18th Nov 2013, 14:11
Anyone attending 28th of november?

TeaTowel
18th Nov 2013, 14:51
Fine I will not make any comments on specific posters unless absolutely required. I will however remain. Please read through the following reports.

http://www.air-scoop.com/pdf/Ryanair-business-model_Air-Scoop_2013.pdf

Ryanair pilots, through the voice of the RPG, have made their concerns about their shying away from speaking up on safety. According to them, the airline imposed a “culture based on fear”, and the zero-hours contracts under which they operate do not allow them to voice their worries. Although Ryanair firmly denied these allegations, it is surprising that whenever a pilot dared speaking up openly, he was immediately dismissed.

through the voice of the CEO, had already advanced facts which were untrue: for example, they claimed for a long time that Ryanair pilots never experienced pressure whereas leaked information from internal memos clearly proved otherwise

In those conditions, how to consider the risks of crash due to human factor advocated by the Ryanair Pilot Group? First, one has to bear in mind that a crash is the consequences of a combination of factors. Human factor are often at the centre of deadly accidents. Fatigue, sickness, stress can
result in poor decision making which ultimately leads to a crash: such was the case for the crashes of Aloha Airlines Flight 243 in Maui, United Airlines Flight 173 in Portland, Avianca Flight 52 – one also has to consider that fuel shortage is a frequent cause of crashes in the airline industry: in a decade,
five planes crashed due to lack of fuel.

Air Scoop Ryanair Business Model 2011 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/65613687/Air-Scoop-Ryanair-Business-Model-2011)

As a result, whereas almost everywhere in the airline industry, pilots exert much power when faced with corporate management, Ryanair’s pilots are astoundingly silent. This explains how the company manages to push to practice extremely short turnarounds, flying long hours and refuelling the minimum possible.

Because of the inner structure of its contract system, dissatisfied employees who have been demoted or fired can rarely turn back against the airline as a large part of them are actually contractually employed by an external agency – be they flight attendants working with Workforce International Contractors or pilot contractors under Brookfield contract.

In Depth Analysis Ryanair Business Model Air Scoop Nov2010 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/44477013/In-Depth-Analysis-Ryanair-Business-Model-Air-Scoop-Nov2010)

It appears that some of Ryanair’s pilots are not always fully capable of managing their aircraft in difficult situations such as bad weather or abnormal conditions.This can also be explained by the fact that pilots are under very heavy pressure from Ryanair’s management to meet turnaround timings, leading to a number of high-energy approach and dangerous manoeuvres at low altitude

Still want to join these guys?

And Mods I'm just copying and pasting publicly available independent reports. No need to hand my details over to the Stasi.

BAe 146-100
18th Nov 2013, 20:35
:ugh::ugh:

Mr TeaTowel,

There is a reason why Ryanair have thousands of cv's on file, its because they are pretty much the only show in town for low houred cpl's, yes you have to pay to join them, but if you haven't realised already nothing in aviation comes without a price. You must have known that getting into aviation, if you can't get used to it your in the wrong profession. Maybe you should have done your research before committing to flying training.

Moaning and pasting quotes is pointless, wasting your time, there will always be a queue 2 miles long on pilots wanting to join Ryanair, whether now or in 10 years time, get used to it and move on. :ok:

PIOSEE
19th Nov 2013, 00:43
TT you're a complete knob!

Sorry for lowering the tone guys. Just a moment of frustration. I joined FR not so long ago. It's not perfect but it's given me a lot more options now that I have jet time then I did working in a supermarket with 200 SEP hours. Guys get the experience and run with it. That's the formula to success with FR.

vasterlund
19th Nov 2013, 07:03
I spoke to lots of captains and they say that p2f is almost the only way to get into the aviation as a cadet.