PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Irish_Flyer88
10th Mar 2011, 13:40
Omar I know one Irish guy going on that date. I will tell him to come on here and PM you. Good luck mate!

lollo1753
10th Mar 2011, 13:49
There is the possibility that ryanair don't call me if I'm rated on another medium jet (A320)??? I applied thru cae for cadet for standard cadet pilot scheme....it's possible that this is the reason why they don t call me?

Jerry Lee
10th Mar 2011, 15:55
I have just one question to make: is it true that Ryanair likes to recruit only pilots who went at OAA or other top school like OAA?
For example, I will undertake all flight training in USA, and conversion either in Spain or Greece. However, I may do MCC course and JOC course at OAA.

I know that this question is quite OT; sorry...

liveview
10th Mar 2011, 19:15
That's maybe a good indication, if you pass the interview they will call you, but if you fail they usually contact you by mail....

What's your experience and when/where did you applied??

Thanks and happy landings

cerealkiller
11th Mar 2011, 08:30
I have just one question to make: is it true that Ryanair likes to recruit only pilots who went at OAA or other top school like OAA?
For example, I will undertake all flight training in USA, and conversion either in Spain or Greece. However, I may do MCC course and JOC course at OAA.A good friend of mine did exactly what you wrote, except for the OAA thing (he got the MCC in the States), and is now on the type course.

magicmick
11th Mar 2011, 09:20
In response to your query reference doing the JOC/ MCC with OAA, I was invited to EMA for the RYR assessment late 2008, I was a modular student and had done my MCC in a TP sim so I had been nowhere near a 737 sim (or any other jet sim). The phone call inviting me to the assessment came late afternoon three days before the assessment, I tried frantically to book a couple of hours in a 737 sim before the assessment but it was too late, the sims were all fully booked.

When I arrived for the assessment there were eight people nervously waiting which was myself and seven OAA grads. The OAA guys were pretty angry that they had spent lots of money at OAA and were now looking at spending another large sum for an RYR rating and most did not know where the money was going to come from.

However all the OAA guys had completed JOC and MCC in the OAA 737 sim (about 40hrs experience I think) and they all said that their instructors hammered them with RYR assessment profiles and interview questions. When the sim profiles were handed out all the RYR guys recognised them from their MCC/ JOC days and they were all told to report back to OAA what sim profile they were given and what questions they were asked in the interview so by now OAA must have a very comprehensive data base of RYR assessment sim profiles and interview questions.

Needless to say that my sim flying was sub standard compared to the OAA grad that I was paired with and now while I keep the MEIR and medical in date I am working as a consultant engineer to keep money flowing in and provide for my family.

My advice to you would definitely do the MCC with OAA and if you can afford it do the JOC with them as well (I think you can get a better price if you book them both together) and while you’re at OAA let the instructors know that you will be applying to RYR and hammer them for assessment information, although you are not an integrated student you are a customer and you should get all that you can from OAA. If I had my time again this is definitely what I would do.

Whatever you choose to do I wish you all the very best and good luck with the job hunting.

tabu
11th Mar 2011, 09:32
Completely opposite experience with me when I had my assessment in 2007. I did modular training and my MCC was on TP. Was fortunate enough to pass thankfully. In fact I'm fairly sure that there were no integrated guys on my TR course.

That said most of the cadets I bump into these days do seem to have done an intergrated course at OAA or similar so maybe times have changed.

Best of luck with whatever route you choose.

magicmick
11th Mar 2011, 09:46
First of all sincere cogratulations on getting in with RYR, I suppose our different experiences show how much the market changed and how quickly it changed. In 2007 I was going through my modular training and the employment chances looked reasonable, I had looked at the integrated flying schools and they were boasting graduate employment statistics of 90% or more and many of the modular trained ppl instructors at the school I was training with were picked up by the airlines with TRs paid by the company. This might explain that when you did assessment there were no integrated guys present as they had all been sent of to employment heaven where training is financed by the company.

I finished my MCC in May 2008 and by the end of that year when I went to RYR pretty much all other employment had ceased, zoom and XL had gone bust along with many smaller operators and the market was contracting rapidly.

Just bad timing on my part really, I don't think that we will ever see again the recruitment activity that we saw in 2005/ 2006/ 2007 but hopefully things will pick up and maybe RYR assessments these days don't have so many OAA grads.

Stay safe and all the best.

Jerry Lee
11th Mar 2011, 16:15
1000 thanks to all for the questions!
Modular way all the way! MCC and JOC with FTE or OAA.
I hope in 2013 this chanche will still be there so I can atl least try it!

Good luck to everybody!:ok:

Ronand
13th Mar 2011, 16:55
From what I have heard, pretty much all oxford or FT guys get a shot at an assessment. But a lot of Modular chaps don't even get called for the assessment.
On my assessment half the applicants were Oxford grads.

Armin22
14th Mar 2011, 09:42
Hi guys!

Anyone for the assessment on 27/4?

Good luck!

JulesW
14th Mar 2011, 21:45
Hello,

I applied for an RYR assessment (OAA & CAE) two weeks ago. I'm 38 ab initio with CPL ME/IR and 250TT.
Do I make any chance??
Does anybody know the RYR entry requirements?

nenad5
15th Mar 2011, 10:13
Hi,

I am 38 as well ,with 410h TT, (Cpl/IFR/ME/MCC) and few weeks ago I got unofficially confirmed from OAA(SAA) that candidates over 35 has not any chance of getting invited to interrview. I did my MCC at Arlanda in Nov. 2009 and after that I applied to Ryan via CAA and BFSAA and I never get contacted.
On the other hand from different sources incl. pprune one can hear that there were even candidates over 40 invited on interviews. It seems that for us older dogs it's only personal contacts that might help.

Best luck to all of us!:sad:

Tekor Bali
15th Mar 2011, 14:26
over 30, it's hard for Ryanair...:(

SAB
15th Mar 2011, 19:12
Hi there,

Just had the phonecall from Brookfield that I passed the interview and offered a typerating course the 30th of May at Amsterdam.

Anyone else who got the magic "Yes" call and will start their TR at Amsterdam the 30th of May and wanna share accommodation? :ok:

Kind regards.

Pelikanpete
18th Mar 2011, 10:06
Are Ryan Air subject to the same rules about freedom of information as UK based organisations?

I would be interested to know what proportion/numbers of cadets taken on in the last year have been over 30 years old.

I'm guessing none as it seems they have changed their policy (illegally?).

OrlandoF
18th Mar 2011, 15:58
i'm going to ryanair's assessment on the 23/3 anyone else is going?

YANN 532
18th Mar 2011, 19:29
How hold are you ORLANDOF, please?

YANN 532
18th Mar 2011, 19:31
Sorry ORLANDOF I have just seen you have 24...

XEOL
18th Mar 2011, 20:10
I am going to assessment on 13/4. Anyone else this date?

For further questions ... ;)
I am from Czech Republic. I did integrated training in czech FTO included MCC and ATPL theory in czech University. I am 24 years old and I repeat one ATPL subject during CAA testing. My flight experience is 250h. Any other questions? :)

minimumunstick
19th Mar 2011, 07:25
Hi XEOL!

May I ask which recruiter you heard from and when you applied?

Good luck at the assessment!

widered
19th Mar 2011, 08:26
Hey Pelickanpete
I know plenty of FOs who where only taking on in there 30s but if they dont do it i would assume it is because they are looking for potential future Captains.Not that age would be a factor but the older you get the more difficult it is,
I can only assume this is their reasoning.
All the best

pilotcop
19th Mar 2011, 10:27
"I would be interested to know what proportion/numbers of cadets taken on in the last year have been over 30 years old.

I'm guessing none as it seems they have changed their policy (illegally?)"

That's quite an assumption to make based on rumours alone...unless you have evidence to the contrary. For information I was 32 when I type rated last year, I was not the only +30 on my course

minimumunstick
19th Mar 2011, 11:34
Way too many are making assumptions that because they are over 30 they are not getting called. Several posters have said they were over 30 when hired, this suggests that you can actually be over 30 and still get through. I also know someone over 30 who has recently been to an assessment with Ryan, so it is definitely possible and not worth speculating.

Trust me, there are plenty of young guys in their early twenties who haven't failed a single flight test or exam and have waited for months and even years without getting a call from Ryan (I am one of them and I know many more). So I am sure other factors play a role, and I believe luck is one of them.

I understand you want something to blame for not getting called, but your age probably isn't the reason.

Bealzebub
19th Mar 2011, 11:53
Are Ryan Air subject to the same rules about freedom of information as UK based organisations?

It doesn't matter either way. They are not a public authority, nor are they a company wholly owned by a public authority.

FOIA 2000
The Freedom of Information Act also applies to companies that are wholly owned by public authorities. These are companies that are either:
•wholly owned by the Crown;
•wholly owned by a single public authority; or
•wholly owned subsidiaries of publicly-owned companies.

XEOL
19th Mar 2011, 12:38
I applied through OAA

irina3797
21st Mar 2011, 14:17
Hello, I have finished an integrated Atpl(a) course and i would like to go to ryanair. After how long have they answered your application. Thank you!

zerotohero
21st Mar 2011, 15:02
irina3797

Seriously, read through a few pages on this thread and you will find all the answers you are looking for

but for your current one, anywhere from 1 day to a year. :ok:

flyingonion
21st Mar 2011, 15:15
Does anyone know of good accomodation near EMA for a type rating im doing in June?

Pm me if so!

rarechip
21st Mar 2011, 20:00
Anyone go for assessment on Thursday just gone ?? Just wondered if you have had a call or email ????

chromeo
22nd Mar 2011, 17:22
Hey Pelickanpete
I know plenty of FOs who where only taking on in there 30s but if they dont do it i would assume it is because they are looking for potential future Captains.Not that age would be a factor but the older you get the more difficult it is,
I can only assume this is their reasoning.
All the best

I sincerely doubt the age being over 30 has anything to do with whether you are a captain or not, FR min requirements is only 2000hrs iirc and that can be tapped out in just over 2 years which is a good 30years of service available.

Gmpo
22nd Mar 2011, 21:16
Hellooooooo

Anyone starting the Introduction course 23rd of May? or Type rating course 6th of June in EMA?

Can anyone give me the adress of Ryanair training centre in EMA? to start looking for acommodation.

Thanks

sellect
22nd Mar 2011, 21:19
Look for acc. in Castle Donington, this is the nearest city(5-10 mins drive).

Gmpo
23rd Mar 2011, 10:09
Thank you Sellect, I´ll do that. By the way, Do you have the exact address of Ryanair training center in East Midlands?

Thank you again.

sellect
23rd Mar 2011, 11:41
Training Centre Building 65, Ambassador road, East midlands airport

jersey145
23rd Mar 2011, 12:20
Now don't go handing out any union leaflets duing the sim check.......the wings might fall off! :eek:

Mystico
25th Mar 2011, 15:20
Hi Guys,

This is my first post. Basically I made this account for this post :P
After 2,5 years waiting when finishing my integrated ATPL I finally got invited to an airliner which is Ryanair.
Next thursday(31 march) I have my assessment and I have a couple of questions.
What can I expect during the sim assessment? Alot of interceptions, basic flying or a hellhole of emergencies?
Do they give more credit to the flying or to the managing of the plane?

What about the interview? Alot of technical or just basic stuff like high bypass/adverse jaw and advection fog?

Cheers

P2011
25th Mar 2011, 17:52
I am going to Ryan Air assessment day on 7th of April. Anyone else going then?

I have been going through this thread and see all the information. But I would much appreciate if someone who has done the assessment recently would share what they were asking etc.

Thanks! :ok:

Ronand
25th Mar 2011, 22:19
Just read the whole thread and your questions will be answered....

Mystico
26th Mar 2011, 09:21
2 bad this thread is quite old so much data could be outdated. I guess looking for current assessment's information by asking here is not really a bad option?

dcoded
26th Mar 2011, 10:27
Mystico:

I've wrote a quite complete "report" of my assessment a couple of pages back.
I was there on 9 feb, so not so long ago. Also one close friend was there 3 weeks back. If you find my report inadequate you can always PM me.

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
26th Mar 2011, 21:36
to Irishone

when you have done the assessment?wher you on the 23/3 last wednesday?

Mystico
27th Mar 2011, 09:34
@ irisphone..

Those are really nice questions. How did you respond on the future jet engine story. I could go on for hours speculating and going into a debate. Man I hope I get that question :D

You say experience. You aren't a cadet? How many hours do you have?

Best of luck in waiting the next couple of days for your result. I have my assessment 31 of march....

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
28th Mar 2011, 16:22
To All

Guys Messed up the assessment got a "no" this morning any ideas of what next

1 not very convinced about eaglejet
2 have the time and money readyin the bank for the TR but how much is worth?
3 what if i do a TR on 738 and get a call for A320 i would not have the money to fund another TR

what shoul i do i don't mind working in the north pole whatever aircraft

sick of this

cheers

omar

on the brakes
28th Mar 2011, 20:44
Hey all ,

just for info : i'm going to Stansted for the assessment on June 8 ... looking forward to hear from any participants that same day . To those who have any relevant info that differs from what has been shared up until now , don't hesitate to advise .

Fly safe ,

otb

Ronand
28th Mar 2011, 22:42
@Omar don't just do a typerating it's worth nothing nobody will hire you. EJ sucks but it might be the only option....

TRY2FLY
29th Mar 2011, 12:58
Anyone had a re-assessment lately, that initially didn't pass? :confused:

minimumunstick
29th Mar 2011, 13:08
For you who have passed the assessment with no 737 sim experience, did you do sim-training anywhere beforehand?

How many hours would you recommend, and where did you do the sim?

Also, is it possible to have the instruments configured like they are at the actual assessment?

Thanks!

minimumunstick
29th Mar 2011, 14:34
Thanks irishone.

I was looking at simtech but also virtual flight centre. It's easier for me to get to London than to Dublin, so I think perhaps I will go for them instead.

Anyone have any experience with Virtual Flight Centre? Would you recommend them?

Also I was wondering how important you guys think it is do prepare in a full motion sim vs a fixed one. I feel like I should at least have 1 hour in a full motion sim to be used to it, but the price difference is so huge!

Mikehotel152
29th Mar 2011, 14:54
I used Virtual Aviation for sim prep for my RYR assessment day. It was an expensive gamble. I felt comfortable, well-prepared and confident during my subsequent sim assessment. I passed the assessment and have been flying for RYR for 18 months.

But the guy with whom I did the sim prep was also paired with me during the RYR assessment. Sadly he failed the assessment. He had been fine in the sim prep but had a bad day with RYR. So, please note that paying for sim prep is no guarantee that you will pass. :=

My best advice is to prepare very carefully using the information from the Briefing Pack. If you prepare well, you're more likely to be relaxed and perform to your potential. The assessors are not looking for perfection. They want to see potential to pass a Boeing 737-800 type rating.

Good luck, but before you apply, do read the threads on Terms and Conditions about life in RYR at the moment. It's not good news.

minimumunstick
29th Mar 2011, 15:17
Thanks again irishone and Mikehotel152 for your comments.

Mikehotel152, I have been following the threads about RYR and appreciate your advice.

What kind of sim prep did you do with Virtual? Were they knowledgeable when it comes to the RYR assessment? Did you do fixed or full motion, and how many hours? Also can they configure the instruments as they do for the RYR assessment?

Thanks again!

SD.
29th Mar 2011, 23:14
but before you apply, do read the threads on Terms and Conditions about life in RYR at the moment. It's not good news.

Best advice on this thread, read every post and digest it throughly before parting with a lot of cash.

90% of my FO mates have/are interviewing to get out and skippers are prepared to go back to the right seat with a decent outfit. Morale is at an all time low. :ugh:

Nicolarsen
30th Mar 2011, 10:34
I've been reading through this entire thread, almost, but I don't feel I've been able to find a conclusive answer to my question...

So I hope there is someone in here, who have some recent info on this matter.

My question is:
Is it a definite requirement for an interview with FR to have passed both the CPL and IR-skilltest first time?

So far, the only place I've seen it in writing, is at ppjn.com

But I'm confused because the OAA and CAE-websites, doesn't mention it at all in the requirements-section of the Ryanair Cadet Programme-description?

- I've send my first application through OAA and ticked of "Yes" in the "Have you ever failed a CAA skilltest" seeing as I have failed 1 CPL skilltest.

I passed my CPL the second time and passed the IR first time.

I'm curious to know, if I have any form of chance of being considered for an interview, due to my skilltest-failure during my training.

Hope someone can help or someone have recent info concerning this matter...:confused:

Kind regards

SAB
30th Mar 2011, 13:50
Hi Nicolai,

I know other danish guys who had failed either their CPL or ME/IR during training and still managed to get an interview with Ryanair.

PM if you have any questions.

Nicolarsen
30th Mar 2011, 18:45
PM sent SAB!

Thanks for the quick reply, btw...

I've left my post open, so if other members have some additional information regarding my question, it's more than welcome...

Thanks in advance...:)

Ronand
30th Mar 2011, 21:44
The current situation is you need a first time pass on the IR (I was told by CAE). CPL seems not to matter that much...

pilot_FI
31st Mar 2011, 08:15
Hello everyone,

What about if you have failed any ATPL theory exam?

Ronand
31st Mar 2011, 10:27
A friend of mine recently got invited, having failed one of his ATPL exams.
@S.D thats nothing new to anyone I guess. There is simply no other option if you don't have 500 hrs on type no other airline will even look at your CV....

clunk1001
31st Mar 2011, 12:14
The current situation is you need a first time pass on the IR (I was told by CAE). CPL seems not to matter that much...

Is that "first time" or "first series" pass ?

Ronand
31st Mar 2011, 16:25
Not sure they just called me to confirm that I had a first time pass.

dv_87
3rd Apr 2011, 09:45
I am a bit confused regarding which school I should apply with, I heard that CAE is faster in the processing for interviews...

Do you have and feedback please? :hmm:

minimumunstick
3rd Apr 2011, 13:02
Apply with both

on the brakes
3rd Apr 2011, 13:18
dv 87 ,

fyi ;

I applied through CAE Sept '10, but also through OAA at the beginning of March '11 .
3 weeks later OAA contacted me by e-mail to participate in the RYR assessment. Payed the fee, received the briefing package that same day.
Bottom line : OAA did it for me, as opposed to CAE.

Going to Stansted in June.

on the brakes
3rd Apr 2011, 17:19
Ladies&gents,

further to my upcoming assessment, I ask myself (among many other things) the following:

- where can I consult a up-to-date directory of RYR bases, beside the list of destinations (I have no idea which of those destinations are actual bases)
- where is one most likely to be based ? Do they take into account any preference on your behalf ? Because to me it would be a tremendous delight to be relocated , abroad obviously.

Many thanks for constructive info on the abovementioned ,

sellect
3rd Apr 2011, 19:06
otb,

Look at PPJN regarding the bases, this would be nearly all of them i guess. Don't know if they have included the canaries in those.

It is hard to say anything regarding the basing, as it can sometimes seem very random.

on the brakes
3rd Apr 2011, 20:45
Cheers mate !

So does it mean they locate you on grounds of their 'ad hoc demand' only ? No 'top 3 preferred bases' to fill in anymore , confirm ?

sellect
3rd Apr 2011, 21:08
Sorry can't confirm it, only speculate :)

zerotohero
3rd Apr 2011, 21:14
you can request where ever your like, you are told to put in base requests, but in the grand scheme on things it does not make the blind bit of difference!

there are 40+ bases now and more to open, you will be put where you are needed and if your needed in stansted and there are spaces and you request it, chances are you will be sent somewhere else just out of spite!

and thats the way it is

VJW
4th Apr 2011, 14:04
Click onto RYR website, and the link for route map. All the red squares are bases.

captain.weird
4th Apr 2011, 16:17
How does it go with the base Weeze Airport? Is it full over there? And is it gonna close or no?

jasper31
6th Apr 2011, 19:42
Hi All,

Newbie to pprune and first post, just wondering if anyone has any info on ryr recruitment. I have a fatpl which I done in Ireland, submitted 3 weeks ago to website and am still awaiting some kind of call/email. I am 31 and wondering is this a factor in that is there an upper age limit for the cadet course. All info welcome

sellect
6th Apr 2011, 20:09
Read this:
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged.html

VJW
6th Apr 2011, 20:17
As above, read the thread suggested.

Before this one gets locked, I want to say, you need to get out of this mindset where everyone is entitled to a interview with RYR. It seems to me, too many people seem to turn to RYR as their last resort, and then get pissed when even this last resort doesn't pan out!

Sick and tired of hearing it.

nick14
6th Apr 2011, 20:55
Most new entrants will be sent to the new bases as thats where they need them.

You get no choice, get used to it, thats life with RYR no choice, no help, rude phone calls from management and t's and c's going down by the month :(

Daniel777
6th Apr 2011, 20:58
I think Ryanair should somehow regulate the number of applications.

If I read it correctly there are thousands of applications and about 10-20/month are being called for assessment.

I don't know what's the point in keeping the application open for new pilots when there are far too many applicants already.

Anyways, there are many of us waiting for a few months already so 3 weeks is not that much i think.

Good luck :ok:

BoeingDreamer
6th Apr 2011, 21:11
The age debate for RYR.

Is this proof?

Made nearly 2 identical profiles, and applied with CAE, the first one some time ago (9 weeks ago), the other one 5 days ago.
On the second one I actually genuinely made a typo error of 79 instead of 69!

Today I received email requesting my CV to be sent to RYR. I sent my CV, went on later to check my profile, and discovered the error.

I am now very curious to see what the response will be, however I doubt it will be a positive reply! If only I was 10 years younger!

sellect
7th Apr 2011, 06:18
BD

You are not guaranteed an interview because of them requesting a CV to be sent.
Your new application could be "on top of the pile" and therefore be picked.

Or it could just be random.

Anyway good luck with your applications. :)

Mystico
7th Apr 2011, 06:23
3 weeks, months?
I waited 2,5 years for an invite. So yeah RYR should not be your last resort as they invite about 7-8 a week which is 28-32 a month.

Obviously there are more applicants than they invite so there is the answer for all future questions about getting invited.

BoeingDreamer
7th Apr 2011, 07:43
To be honest people seeing RYR as last resort, are wrong for the job.

I see it as the best job to get for a low houred pilot, and I might not agree with all of RYR, it does not seem to bad what they offer inexperienced pilots.

BoeingDreamer
12th Apr 2011, 09:38
Got reply today, as I had highlighted to CAE afterwards about the mistake, it was very strange the way they seemed to distance themselves away from this point.

My 2-pence worth, they have an age discriminating policy, as there was nothing in my CV that would be less worth then any mates of mine's CV's.
Getting interview based on CV should have be the least of the problems, of course they could have done the full Monty of charades, and made me attend the interview and assessment and made me pay the assessment fee.
At least we could have been less inclined to say they was age discriminating. I think their response today to proves the point, although not easy to prove, that is how it is!

They are probably not the only company that acts like this, however if the company requires a certain amount of flying experience, fair enough, Ryanair does not require above the minimum amount, so there should be no difference!

veggy432
12th Apr 2011, 17:25
Hi all!

I was on the last Ryanair assessment on 6th of april 2011, I would like to know if any of you guys that were there with me have got so far any reply from recruitment team,

hope to hear from you!!

on the brakes
12th Apr 2011, 22:28
V ,

I'm not able to answer your question , sorry for that , but I have one for you : would you mind sharing your experience of the assessment day , the interview - question they asked you - , sim ... I'm aware there is already tons of info on that matter but I find it still very interesting in learning from the latest ...

Mystico
13th Apr 2011, 06:35
@veggy

Mate, I have been to the assessment on 31 of march and have no answer yet. If you listened correctly to the HR-guy he said if you hear something in 5 days the chance is that you've failed. After that you'll here something between 10-14 days and the chance if bigger that you've made it.

Not implying anything, I could still fail of course but just to point out that you have to first wait 14 days and than see whan happens ;)
Just relax and keep an eye out for your bloodpressure;)

@ OTB

I will post my review (already wrote one in Dutch so will translate it for you guys of course) when I get a result (positive or negative)

Regards

on the brakes
13th Apr 2011, 12:34
M ,

I have some close friends in Belgium so I will be able to translate .
PM me at your convenience .

fredgrav
13th Apr 2011, 13:54
Hi Veggy432,
Yep I think I know you. I was on 6th April assessment too, but haven't got any news yet! We all exchanged our private contacts that day, but you had already gone away at that point. Please send me a PM, should you like to catch up on things ...

Best,
Fred

Gyro Drift
13th Apr 2011, 14:29
Hi Guys,

It took 4 weeks for them to get back to me with the good news. It does vary a lot. Some people find out the next day or the few days after the assessment or like me, a few weeks.

GD

on the brakes
13th Apr 2011, 14:38
fredgrav , gyrodrift ,

feel free to PM me about the assessment as I'm going to STD beginning of June .
Highly appreciated .
Thanks .

otb

veggy432
13th Apr 2011, 14:47
@ GD
up to 4 weeks for you?? ...hmmm ok I hope there'll be good news also for me!
thanks Mystico for the advice, :-) better take a look at my blood pressure! :O

@fredgrav
can't send you any PM, but I've sent you an email! check it out and let me know what you think

Mystico
13th Apr 2011, 15:41
@GD

How long ago did you do your assessment m8?

4 weeks.... meh

fredgrav
13th Apr 2011, 15:45
Veggy432,
just answered on your private mail address.

Fred

fredgrav
13th Apr 2011, 15:57
Hi On the brakes,
if you haven't attended the assessment yet, the only thing I feel worth to tell you is ... have a thorough look on the thread "Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)" and indeed do your best to prepare. Once you get there, I can bet you anything that You will be more than surprised on how good, kind and cheerful the whole Ryanair' staff is. So no reason to panic ! ;)

Best of luck,
fredgrav

sellect
14th Apr 2011, 16:11
What was the response?

Mystico
14th Apr 2011, 16:42
OK I'll post the question here :)

I was on the assessment on 31 of march. It's 2 weeks now so I was wondering if anyone heard something who was at Stansted on this date?

Cheers

BoeingDreamer
14th Apr 2011, 20:16
sellect:

The way CAE responded and suddenly stopped responding, it was very clear, when they found out my real age, my CV went into the bin, no other reason.

I know several pilots passed 35, never had a chance of an interview - what does that tell you?

However there are ways to find out these things, and in the process of this now trough other channels, as if this is the case, it would be breach of European law. There is actually a method to get to the bottom of this, which I will not divulge on these forums.

You keep your own naive opinion for yourself, and believe the world is all red and white, and everything is so nice and beautiful. Fact it is not, I know several guys who been to to assessment, I have seen their CV, and know their backgrounds. Some have fails on ATPL's or failed skills tests, still they got an interview, some even got employment!

The message CAE told me by email, my CV had been reviewed, and was just waiting for approval by Ryanair, guess what?

No approval!

Here is my conundrum, what purpose would it serve Ryanair to discriminate on age? As firstly most of they pilots are gone after few years anyway, secondly the pilots themselves have to pay for all their own training!

The truth is out there!

BoeingDreamer
15th Apr 2011, 07:08
No you can't defend Ryanair in this case, because it is an ongoing screening policy, which makes it illegal according to European law.
I have had several professionals review this, I know several pilots both inside and outside the company, so I am very well aware of the reality.

On what grounds you can defend Ryanair, is completely beyond me. Maybe I am not the right guy for the job, but at least follow the standard and fair selection procedure, and not automatically disqualify because of age. If you believe that is correct, well that's your opinion.
However agree just to get on to the next one with the job search, still what Ryanair does is wrong and against European law!

no sponsor
15th Apr 2011, 09:15
Put two applications in. One made up for a guy in their 20's, say 24, and the other for a guy in at 36, and see which gets approved. make the 24 y.o a slightly worse application, and you'll get your answer. Easy Jet (via CTC) had a no over 34's a few years ago (it was on their website), until the EU made it illegal.

I suspect RYR like young thrusters with no ties, and huge debt, since they can 'mould' them (i.e. give them **** conditions and they won't complain). When they get a bit older, and realise they are being stiffed, they leave for the sandpit, and the new generation enter stage left.

BoeingDreamer
15th Apr 2011, 11:14
There actually other ways to prove it, which unless the company complies with said request.

rankace
15th Apr 2011, 11:50
the only way in is change your age as i have heard from one person. when you then go for the interview bring your cv with the correct age on it and hope they wont notice. the story i heard about thats exactly what happened and he got in

Xolon
15th Apr 2011, 13:51
@BoeingDreamer and all others;

Unfortunatly I´m currently still searching for a job, but a good friend of mine did his Ryanair assessment a few months ago and started his TQ training this month. He is a lowtimer, got some SEP en Gliding flight hours and did his flight training on a modular base. Now the more important part: he is 35+.

It´s a shame these kind of fora are often filled with nonsense from frustrating people not being able to find a pilotjob within 12 months :(

BoeingDreamer
15th Apr 2011, 21:50
Your friend, did he only have SEP and gliding, and managed to get into Ryanair + 35, anyway sounds like an urban legend to me, or utter BS.

Isn't CAE located in Amsterdam, good I don't believe in conspiracies then.

I have loads of friends, who have reported back to me with regards to the demographic of pilots who have been on the assessments and I have pilot colleagues similar my age, there currently not any over 40, or late 30's getting called for assessments.

Now the real question, because I am 40 or more, does that make me less capable? That's the real question. Will I not be able to provide Ryanair the same as someone who is 25?
Ok, now I get it, they might be afraid I stay more then the 3-4 years, so they can't get another wannabe in to pay for the training, at least that is an honest reply.

Ryanair would like to get rid of first officers, and if they expand their TR program, they might just manage that, that all first officers are paying students!

BoeingDreamer
16th Apr 2011, 05:50
I know and agree with you Hans, but that does not make it wrong to actually highlight the situation on these boards.

Now us pilot's should know our place, we accepted so much crap with regards to getting first employment, I guess we just have to accept this too!

jasper31
16th Apr 2011, 08:36
thanks mystico, I hadn't realised they had so many applicants, it was the first place I sent my cv upon finishing so certainly wasn't my last resort, from what i hear ryr training is top class and pilots leaving the compny are dont have much trouble finding other jobs

david10
16th Apr 2011, 13:35
Hello everyone,
anyone who goes to stansted on May 18?

micheledecristini
18th Apr 2011, 10:01
HI GUYS!!

DO ANYBODY HAVE THE ASSESSMENT ON THE 4th OF MAY 2011??

I'll be there the day before till the day after this date...

I need some technical infos, such as which jepp plates do they use for the test... I know it's randomic, but just to have an overview on it..

THX!!!

CONTACT VIA PM PLEASE!!

jasonjdr
18th Apr 2011, 17:12
BoeingDreamer,

For your info. I was a late starter, exactly 38 when I started the TR course (with NO flying exp before). Been here 2.5yrs now and I am not the only one.......though the majority are straight from College :8

Speaking to some in the know, and they do actually prefer those with a little more worldly experience behind them...

Sorry you did not make it this time. Good luck for the future.

boeing_23
20th Apr 2011, 10:33
Hi david and michele,
Could you please tell me, when did you first send your cv so that I could have an idea for how long I have to wait, before and if I get called for an assessment.
Thanks,
Much appreciated

david10
21st Apr 2011, 12:28
Hi boeing_23,
I applied in February via OAA and they called me about a month later.
Bye...

hendo7
21st Apr 2011, 17:02
Does anyone know if you can reapply to ryanair and how to do it? had an assessment 6 months ago and never got it

boeing_23
22nd Apr 2011, 10:19
Thanks a lot for the info and good luck for the assessment

OCH
23rd Apr 2011, 15:41
hello guys,
anyone who has recently attend an assessment can give some info about technical questions asked. Mine is next month and i´d like to hear sth from anyone, would u recommend any book to prepare it ???

thanks in advance..

Mystico
26th Apr 2011, 06:07
@ OCH....

I had my assessment the 30th or march. These were my technical questions and of my pal.
Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

· Describe High-Bypass
o Bypass ratio 5:1 so 80% gets bypassed and 20 % goes into the standard 4 stroke cycle (interrupted)

· Ok, Which engines does the 737 have and is this high bypass?
o CFM 56-7 and yeppers

· Ok, how much voltage does the engine produce? and How much Hertz?
o 115 V and 400Hz

· Ok, what is the Hertz when the engine doesn't rotate that fast(f.e. during landing or on the ground?)
o Still 400Hz. (Constant speed drive, but didn't even got the time to explain this)

· Does a Seneca has a critical engine.?
o No. (Didn't even got the time to explain why:P)

· What is a yaw damper?
o To make coördinated turns and to prevent Dutch roll.

· What is Dutch roll?
o A negative effect of swept wings. Basically when your plane banks to the right, the left wing goes up resulting in a bigger angle of attack. That left wing will stall into the bank making the turn uncoordinated and eventually a roll.

· Name more disadvantages of a swept wing!
o Wing tip stalling, less lift in low speeds(and again he immediatly interrupted me with the next question)

· Ok, how do we counter the effect of low lift?
o Flaps and slats to increase area and camber.

· Ok, how are the flaps operated?
o By 2 hydraulic systems, A and B.

· Ok, how are those systems driven?
o Engine driven and electrically driven.

· What is V2?
o A safe speed for SE operations to reach the screen height. It’s limited by VMCA and VR. (He asked if I knew some other speed) Oh yeah VS of course.
o Ok now he tried to fool me. He said ok. So V2 = 1.2x VMCA and 1.1 Vs. I corrected him and said no, it is 1.1x VMCA and 1.2x Vs. He laughed and continued

These were the questions I heard. Basically I prepared by using 'Ace the Technical pilot interview".
I kinda saw it as the bible and I took it everywhere with me and learned my ass off.

minimumunstick
26th Apr 2011, 14:50
Thank you Mystico for a great writeup, very useful info.

Do you mind sharing how you experienced the sim, and what you got? (Which SID, approaches, and any emergency?)

Thanks!

7574ever
26th Apr 2011, 17:19
Thanks Mystico!

If you could provide some feedback on personal/HR questions that would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Mystico
27th Apr 2011, 07:43
Sure thing. I got accepted so I can finally breathe again with a normal bloodflow ;) I will post my experience and some experiences of my mates.

Personal/HR questions

How did you got into flying?
What is your backup plan when you lose your medical tomorrow
What is your current job. Do you like it? Do you have a term to break the contract(sorry for the bad explanation)
What did you like about your course. What did you dislike
What do you think is the most important part from the MCC

Why do you want to fly for Ryanair
Did you apply to other airlines
What do you know about Ryanair
What are your weaknesses/strengths
How did you finance your training. How are you going to finance your TQ
How would you react to a younger captain
How would you confront a captain who is misbehaving (drunk, making bad decisions)

SIM Assessment

I will summarize this if you don't mind. Feel free to PM me in order to call/email/skype or whatever.
I was placed with 2 others (there were 7 that day so 2 groups of 2 and one of 3).
Our assessor decided that I would be the first PF and my friend (other Dutch guy) would be my PM.
Basically we got a departure plate 3 hours before the sim session and you get a lot of time to prepare this. I checked every route I could fly and even set some radials just to make it a lot easier.
Your assessor plays ATC. So no questions regarding what to do. Just use normal ATC communication.
ATC: Ok, depart from Rwy and make a right turn to intercept 290 outbound. Cleared to 6000' (trans level).
After this he gave me plenty of time to brief the departure. Setting the communcations, emergency briefing(Before V1 when I call stop you close the levers, after V1 we continue to 400' than state failure bladibla)

Ok, take-off and turn 290 outbound to 6000'. Then when leveled off he asked me to keep the plane steady. He really helped me although I had it under control (annoying if you ask me but ok).
ATC: Make a right turn till advised
Turn right and after approx. 200 degrees he said to increase bank angle to 45 degrees (ignore warning)
This steep turn took 540 degrees and than he asked me to roll out on heading 090.
ATC: Continue directly to NT and your cleared for the ILS/DME/NDB approach
Time to brief the approach and set everything. Easy approach so fast briefing (Jeppessen chart) and done. Overhead NT turn left to intercept.
ATC: Your cleared to land on rwy... (forgot :P)
Land...

Done!

Sorry for the bad writing, but Im at work and can't really focus :P

7574ever
27th Apr 2011, 12:23
Thanks Mystico for the info and congratulations!! Hope to join you in a few months ;)

Nicolarsen
27th Apr 2011, 12:33
Just got called from CAE today.

I've been invited to the assessment may 5th 2011...

Anybody else...? :)

liveview
29th Apr 2011, 07:29
Hi everyone, I just recieved a mail from CAE requesting my CV and some more information...how long do they take to call you?? Do they make you any question (technical) during the call?

Thanks for the info!

Happy landings

Nicolarsen
29th Apr 2011, 10:58
Hi Liveview...

I had a 5 days wait from I mailed my CV till I got the phonecall...

No tech.-questions, just information about the assessment...

rankace
29th Apr 2011, 14:07
i just noticed liveview 2 threads above said HAPPY LANDINGS that might be the case until you get off the plane and then face reality with fr staff.flying is good but rest not so good.for example guys getting new base after training new apartment etc thinking all going well then get a phone call or check roster and see that they have been asighned a new base . its great getting your first job but be aware of what can happen here:{:{

pacrion
29th Apr 2011, 16:24
@Nicolarsen, is this first time application? Which is your experience, total time and first passes for IR and CPL flight exams?

Best of luck.

ComfortablyNumb
30th Apr 2011, 09:01
I would add the following comments to your post;
My own obsevations of the age profile of RYR new recruits is that the average age is in the 24-28 range. I could not say weather this is simply a reflection of the age profile of the applicants. There is certainly very few new F/O much over 30. I have no idea why this might be, there money is as good as anyone's ?. Maybe they are less moldable (interprete as you will :)) .
Another possibility is they have alot of young Captains which may cause potential age issues. Not convinced of this myself as the young captains I know are very mature and profesional, I just put it forward as a possibility.

With regard to them wanting to get rid of F/O or get an employment turnover I think this is likely to be totally untrue. They have a ongoing shortage of Captains and would prefer to promote from within.
However the culture of Ryanair is one of universal contempt for everyone, suppliers, staff, customers without exception, this unfortunately means that staff inevitably leave when they get a ever so slightly better offer.

I personally would not bother with seeking redress from RYR. It is too much of a distraction from your real goal.....Good Luck

phe0n1x
1st May 2011, 11:22
need some advice and guidance please

I am currently working in a non flying related profession. Once I have payed off my loan for my fATPL and have some extra cash i'm thinking of going for this RYR scheme

let's say i pass my interview in sept 2011 can i delay my TR course to July 2012?. the reason for this long delay is where I work I have to give my notice 7 months in advance and it has to be before Dec 2011. To finish at the end of June2012. long story short I lose out on about £5-10k if I do a runner.

If you can delay TR course, then If I pass my interview with Ryanair in sept 2011 then I can give my notice before nov2012. finish in june2012 and start type rating in July 2012.

have there been people who have waited / delayed approx 10 months before TR course started?

If I dont pass interview in sept2011 then I will not give in my notice and will work for the company another year starting from sept2012 til june 2013.

Xolon
1st May 2011, 15:21
During your interview they ask if you got a specific notification period at your current employee. So you can inform them during your interview.

...i'm thinking of going for this RYR scheme..Remember: You don´t just sign up for the interview, they invite you (if they are interested)

Ps. Did my RYR assessment last month. Assessment it just as Mystico describes.

Nicolarsen
1st May 2011, 18:35
P@acrion.

Yes, it's my first application. I've got 235 hrs. total at the moment.

I failed my first CPL-skilltest, but passed the following. I passed the IRME-skilltest on my first attempt.

CAE told me the present requirements regarding skilltests:

- Max. 1 failure at the CPL
- First time pass at the IR

Hope this helps...

liveview
2nd May 2011, 21:02
Hello again, no news yet from RYR, only CAE emailed me saying they have sent my CV to RYR and if I am suitable for them I will be interviewed...this take so long...Is that the normal way?

Cheers

CS-CCO
2nd May 2011, 21:10
LV, how long was it since you submitted the application? I've applied a couple of weeks ago and 'til now CAE didn't acknowledge my app.

liveview
2nd May 2011, 21:19
That's funny, cause I 've applied some months back, like in November or so...and now they are requesting my CV, I now it's quite odd, but that's what seems to be behind FR...

Just wait and not give up.

MichaelFahy86
4th May 2011, 14:02
Hey Guys,

Anybody at the Induction in EMA 30th May for Type Rating 20th June 2011? Have ye had any joy finding accommodation??

flyingwardy
4th May 2011, 18:29
Yep, check your PM's

MyIDisthis
7th May 2011, 14:18
Can someone confirm that if you apply through OAA and pass the interview you'll do the TR in Stockholm, but if you go through CAE you'll do it in either East midlands or Amsterdam? Is that written in stone or do they put you where you're needed?

And why is the TR about a 1000€ more expensive in Stockholm?

minimumunstick
7th May 2011, 16:11
That is not the case, it seems you can be put anywhere regardless of whether you are invited by OAA or CAE to the interview.

At least there have been recent examples of this, for instance invited by OAA but doing the TR in East Midlands

widered
7th May 2011, 17:04
Just some advice in terms of working as a BRK pilot for Ryanair,Come in with your eyes wide open into Ryanair,All is not as rosey as you would like to beleive or as they would let you believe.
The reality is more than 13 percent of pilots have left Ryanair in less than a year ,You are given no respect for the hard work you do in Ryanair and infact are treated quite badly.
Given the chance i would probably not have come to Ryanair but now i find myself so in debt that i have no choice..
If you work as a BRK pilot you are not entitled to a state pension and unemployment benefits,You could find yourself based anywhere in the system from Kaunus to Oslo with no possibility of getting back to where you live..
You will find yourself working more than you are paid for:You are paid by the scheduled block hour,Majority of the time you fly more than this.You could have a slot for 3 hours and still not be paid until you depart...
In the event of sickness you will find your self out of pocket and likely being pursued by the company for you to return,In the winter months it is difficult to survive on the hours you get.
You are an object on a balance sheet in Ryanair,they will invest nothing in you and expect everything from you...Dont say your not warned,And for those of you that still insist on joining at least do the rest of us a favour and Join a IALPA or BALPA and REPA

Xolon
10th May 2011, 19:35
Hi guys/girls,

Does anyone attends the introduction at EMA on the 6th June and starting their TR in AMS 20th June?

Just got a last minute call and can use some good tips for a B&B in EMA :ok:

Mystico
11th May 2011, 06:06
Xolon...

You dissapoint me. You have friends who can help you and still you go to some random forum to ask for help :P

Haha just messing. Lady gate guest house. We are staying there 6 days for 150 pounds per room, so 75 pounds each person.

Bye now

Xolon
11th May 2011, 07:36
Hahaha!

I already know about the existence of the Lady Guest House :ok: I saw on their website, they are fully booked. I´ll give them a ring anyway today.

I was also looking for some other B&B´s for a good price. I´ve found a lot in Nottingham, but good tips is always welcome.

Xolon
11th May 2011, 08:09
Haha :)

I know of the existence of the Lady Guest House and I give them a ring today, but their site says the are fully booked. So I´m also looked for a ´plan B´.

davve
11th May 2011, 15:38
I've got my assessment next week in Stansted (thrursday 19th may).
Does anyone know of a decently priced place to stay? Don't want to pay 60£ per night :*

Also, will anyone be joining me?

smith
12th May 2011, 03:29
60 pounds for a room is the least of your problems buddy. Scratching the surface of what your gonna have to fork out to these jokers. a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha:D

Mystico
12th May 2011, 06:58
Smith is correct with the amount of money you will have to pay during your training and work with RyR.

Holiday Inn. 57 pounds for me.

If you are not willing to pay for something you want in these times you'd better give up now. 60 pounds is 0.01% of the amount you need to pay for RYR. But for a job on 737 it's worth it ;)

ReleasePT
14th May 2011, 17:51
Hi guys,

I've finished my atpl theory a long time ago and now I'd like to review the most important items we've learned but without having to study all the books (I don't have too many time and patience). What books or material do you consider that better prepare us for a Ryanair interview or for other companies and that keep us up to date regarding the atpl questions?

Thank you in advance.

ReleasePT
14th May 2011, 18:33
Thank you for the quick answer. Do you recommend to buy both? I saw on amazon that the "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview" is full of errors. Is that true?

Mystico
16th May 2011, 06:17
@Aviator... Some of my classmates (even the one who won the price for best practical part) didn't got invited due to one ATPL exam under 75%. Don't know if our school chose this matter or the CAE..

@ReleasePT... Yes it has some mistakes. But those mistakes are very easy to find. I had my ATPL almost 4 years ago and while reading this book I found the mistakes myself.
This book is still the bible for assessments like Ryanair as they ask the same things. They also don't want you to go into detail, you just need to show that you know what you're talking about. Most of the mistakes in the book are detail related so don't worry. Buy the book, read it, live with it, sleep with it, make babies with it. It will get you through the technical part with no problems..

ReleasePT
16th May 2011, 11:48
Thank you Mystico. I think I'll buy it.

I did my application with CAE a week ago. Now I'll wait and see if they call me...

GaryS
16th May 2011, 13:01
I was asked...

HR

Why did you learn to fly?
Does anyone else in your family fly?
Why Ryanair?
Have you applied anywhere else?
What would you do if you lost your medical?
3 Base choices

Technical

How does a ASI work? (Explained in very simple terms, hand out the car window pressure builds up)
How does the altimeter work? (I was asked to explain it as though it was my next door neighbour and he/she had no idea what static pressure was.)
What do we use for navigation? (GPS, Radar, INS, VOR, DME)
What is INS and how does it work? (Asked for a very simple explanation)
Why do we need a load and trim sheet?
Whats mach tuck?
How do we counteract mach tuck?

captain.weird
16th May 2011, 13:52
Did you get accepted =D?

Nicolarsen
16th May 2011, 18:39
Just an update..:

Got a phonecall earlier today: I was accepted and will be starting TR at EMA august 15th...:-)

I've opened a Facebook-group for anyone who is also starting at that date...

You can find it by searching for "Ryanair Type Rating EMA 15th August 2011"

Looking forward to hear from you...

//Nicolai

Xolon
16th May 2011, 19:25
@Aviator:

The questions vary from day to day and also depends on who is doing the interview. Some guys got difficult questions and were asked to explain in detail, others just had to give basic answers. Haven´t heard any story of Oxford students getting tougher questions.

ACE is a good book to prepare yourself. I also got the Pilot Reference Handbook, which has good illustrations.

@Nicolarsen: Congratz!

GaryS
16th May 2011, 19:26
Unfortunately not, they don't provide feedback but i'm sure it was due to a poor simulator performance :ooh:

There have been people asking how long it takes to receive a reply from CAE after applying, I finished the MCC on the Thursday/Friday and on the same day I applied to CAE, 1 day later I was asked to send my CV, 2 days after that I was asked if I could attend the assessment in 7 days time at Stansted.

Mystico
17th May 2011, 06:06
@Aviator.... I'm not aware of the way CAE choses CV's and which they send. I got called by my school (which is a daughter company of CAE) if I wanted to send them my CV. They sended it to CAE and couple of hours later I was invited.(I was signed for 2 years with the RYR program on CAE website)

Berimbau
18th May 2011, 20:24
I got and e-mail today from OAA for an assessment on th 6th of July in Stansted, is anyone else here going on this day?

bigtallman
18th May 2011, 21:04
Quick question, how long does it normally take for CAE to get back in touch, applied over a month ago and being new to this dont know if thats normal or not, excuse my ignorance. Also each time i log into CAE it still just says, "You have applied to this program" Should you apply to both CAE and Oxford?

Berimbau
18th May 2011, 21:11
I applied to CAE in January and to OAA in March and got the call from OAA.

If I were you I would apply to OAA also.

bigtallman
18th May 2011, 21:13
Many thanks for the info, and good luck!

Mystico
19th May 2011, 05:55
I can and will say this for the 100th time.
If you apply it's really no guarantee that you will get invited.
There are thousands in front of you and behind you

Xolon
19th May 2011, 06:45
Like Mystico said: don´t expect a call, there are thousands of cadets applying.

I got an invitation 2 years after I submitted my application (did updated the info occasionally).

bigtallman
19th May 2011, 08:10
Like I said in my original post, excuse my ignorance as this is new to me

Mystico
19th May 2011, 09:07
Don't worry. It wasn't meant to be an offensive response. Just a reminder that there are a lot of people applying and you have to be as lucky as winning the lottery to be invited to an airliner and passing their assessment.

ruthc86
19th May 2011, 11:15
Does anyone know if people are getting there chosen bases at all? Ideally I would be looking a Leeds/Liverpool but is there little chance of getting one of them?

Thanks

minimumunstick
19th May 2011, 15:09
pilot hans,

When did you start working for RYR, and may I ask which base you chose?

NikB
19th May 2011, 15:31
berimbau also got the email for July 6th :)

NikB
20th May 2011, 02:48
Hey Aviator, yes all first passes for me on all the skill tests, but i had failed the instruments once at the theory tests :*

davve
20th May 2011, 16:01
The assessment day was one of the worst days in my life.

CS-CCO
20th May 2011, 17:17
Would you share it with us?

NastySpartan
22nd May 2011, 10:28
Good news but shortage or not, if you'r below standards you won't be hired.

minimumunstick
22nd May 2011, 20:33
Not specified

dalmave
22nd May 2011, 22:01
Hello guys,

I have my interview next week at Stansted.

I just wanna know if someone did it recently, and if it is possible to have a short feedback on the type of questions asked and the simulator profile.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Mystico
23rd May 2011, 06:46
@Dalmave.

I had my assessment 31th or March. Not extremely recently but still better than 2008. Look at posts of around end april, as I posted everything from technical questions to simride on this thread.

Kind regards.

Reeve
24th May 2011, 19:42
Anyone know for how long it will take for them to call back if you passed the assessment ? What the longest time you can prepare urself to wait for the magic call ?

Tesh84
24th May 2011, 20:30
Hello guys...im new to pprune...i`ve got an assessment with ryanair on the 8th of june...anyone on the same date???can someone help me telling me what type of tech questions they gonna ask or what they expect on the sim ride and what airfield they used on recent assessments??

Thank u :ok:
cheers

Mystico
25th May 2011, 06:31
@Reeve. Take 4 weeks!

@Tesh84.. Take the time to scroll back some pages m8. Everything is there

Tesh84
25th May 2011, 07:28
Thnx buddy..ill have a look.
Cheers:)

liveview
25th May 2011, 16:45
Anyone going to Stansted the 2nd of June?

NNOE
25th May 2011, 19:40
... or 22nd of June?

Rithalic
25th May 2011, 21:14
im going on the 1st june if that helps :confused:

Tesh84
27th May 2011, 09:16
Hi there,
can someone who went for FR assessment recently post some info regarding types of tech questions and what to expect @ the sim ride, please??? would be really help full for guys like me having the interview in 2 weeks... ;)

Commodoro
27th May 2011, 10:33
Hi guys, someone on 15th june?

on the brakes
28th May 2011, 16:15
Hi all ,

couple of weeks ago I found a link of 'Latest Pilot Jobs ...' with an enormous overview of RYR int questions (both tech&HR) and also some plates of approaches to be flown during sim grading . However , as of now I no longer have acces to that website unless I register & pay a fee through PAYPAL etc...
Dumb as I am , I didn't write any of the questions down , I rememer a few of them .
Anybody with that list in his/her possession perhaps ? Cause now I only get to see 2/3 sample questions , that's it .
Not the smartest of moves , I realise .

Thx a million.

NikB
29th May 2011, 00:54
otb
i know exactly what you're talking about, i went on there too started studying and the next day it was available only through paying...i'm thinking i may buy it later on, i'll share the questions if i do

Pharnes
2nd Jun 2011, 20:52
Anyone going to Stansted the 9th of June?

OCH
6th Jun 2011, 10:23
Hi all,
i was at stansted may 25th, i´d like to know if any guy who attended that day have received any reply from fr. Can´t wait.

on the brakes
6th Jun 2011, 14:19
O ,

feel free to PM me your experience , type of Q's , SIM , ...

I hope things will work out for you dude !

The best of luck.

NikB
6th Jun 2011, 18:29
OCH

Grats on getting threw with the assessment, best of luck with the results.
When you get an answer and a chance, would you be so kind as to let us know some info on the interview?Is there anything to add on the comments people have said here in previous pages?How did you prepare for it?
Again best of luck!!
N.

liveview
8th Jun 2011, 11:26
Hello guys!

Anyone was at tthe assesment on the 2nd of June???

Cant´t wait to get an answer!!!

dalmave
8th Jun 2011, 14:22
Hi,

I did mine the 26th May and still no answers. :(
Anyone in the same situation?

cerealkiller
9th Jun 2011, 11:03
People say that if you don't get an answer in the very next days after the assesment you're probably gonna receive good news.
So good luck to you guys, hope I'll been called for the assesment sooner or later.

Tesh84
9th Jun 2011, 15:44
Hi guys,
i had my interview yesterday in stansted and actually it was totally different from what i was expecting...there were 3 people as examiners, 2 capts and 1 guy from HR...really friendly...always making jokes...first i did the sim with my colleague and then the tech interview...about the sim nothing much to say...very straight forward...take off as per the briefing pack, some general handlings (steep turns,normal turns,climb, descent and change of speed)..then while i was doing the general handling cabin galley on fire with smoke,than return to Liverpool (by the way we had Liverpool as airport) on emergency,ILS 27 and almost t the DH runway blocked and go-around...after the go-around procedure he froze the sim and put me almost 4 NM out in landing conf. and asked for a normal visual approach...after the landing stopped the a/c on center line and thats it...
Regarding the interview some HR questions (like those u found on PPrune) and some qustions abt the 737NG (type of engines,how many cabin crew members,PFD) and the electrical system of my previous a/c...thats it 4 the interview...
Anyway im not really sure abt my results...i have a really bad feeling...:(

Hope u guys will have more luck then me...and also hope this will be help full 4 u
Cheers

smith
9th Jun 2011, 17:49
Guys,

I urge you all to read the "Ryanair Exodus Plan" thread on the terms and endearment page.

Pilot's who were once in your position are leaving in droves after years of abuse and degredation of their "contracts"?

Just go in with your eyes open on what you can expect when you get there. :yuk:

victorc10
9th Jun 2011, 19:32
Lospilotos, you are a discrace,

Actually I know many people at Ryanair who enjoy their work. If you have ever worked in the real world you will know that there are few companies out there that give a crap about their employees. Just look at the NHS, I know people who are having a much harder time at work, pressure pressure pressure, seriously overworked just to meet targets which are not realistic, people put at risk because of incompetent managers, who don't listen to their staff when they identify risk issues, bullying from senior managers, then managers trying to cover up their errors in the most incredible and foolish ways... the list goes on and on and on.........

lospilotos
9th Jun 2011, 21:04
Am I a disgrace? Don´t you mean that Ryanair and the companies you are referring to are the disgraceful ones....? Funny enough the last poster is questioning if I have ever worked in the "real world", suggesting that the world I´m working in currently is unreal. Well, it does feel unreal sometimes, and yes I have worked in the "real world" and had such a situation arisen that I was writing about in my post that was removed, I would have had no problems getting the support from my employer. Should we be content just because there are other bad examples out there?

lospilotos
10th Jun 2011, 04:49
Out of interest.. The happy Ryanair people you are referring to are they:

1. The ones constantly on standby earning nada, being told they should expect to fly 900 h/yr. (BTW, yes the "guideline" in the BRK contract on that you should expect 4 standbys in a 28 day period is really that, a guideline. Expect 6-8 instead)

2. The cadets freshly out of line training being sent to different bases every week, having to pay for their own hotel & accomodation since they have not been assigned a fixed base yet

3. The newly upgraded captain that has to leave his current base ending up on the other side of Europe on a 5/3 roster with very limited possibilities of getting home to his family

4. The captain with a very sick son that is desperate to get a base transfer but constantly being denied even though other captains get offered that base

5. The pilot on "the industry's most stable roster" that gets his roster pattern changed with little or no notice ruining any plans he had made for the upcoming holiday season.

6. The pilot that has to spend two days and pay of hotel & rental car to go to the UK for some 30 min training that should have been done in connection with the sim, because of an error from rostering. Rostering can make errors, it doesn´t cost them a dime. If we make errors, we get fired...

I meet my colleagues in "the unreal world" every day and not a single person is happy nor proud of being a Ryanair pilot... Period!!

liveview
13th Jun 2011, 20:39
Anyone starting the induction the 23th of August & TR the 12th of September on East Midlands?

Happy landings...

dondino
14th Jun 2011, 16:44
hi guys'
I've received an email from ryan that invite me at the selection next 26th of july...any suggestion of what i can prepare more thna other??cheers!!!
ps somebody else come on that date??

sellect
15th Jun 2011, 07:02
Guys seriously.. Try to read through the thread before asking the same question over and over.

pacrion
15th Jun 2011, 10:41
whats wrong asking for some updated info? maybe cos there could be some new info?

i dont see the point about checklist comment hans. poor...
dondino, be prepared and expect questions about your last aicraft, electric systm and remember, should you be suitable candidate but ryr is ryr and they do what they want...pilots when need, money when need...

Mikehotel152
15th Jun 2011, 11:19
@lospilotos: There's little point in telling people who have just paid 75000 euro for their training that the one company willing to recruit them irrespective of their aptitude for commercial flying is nasty.

That said, I do not disagree with the points you make.

pacrion
15th Jun 2011, 17:59
understood. np :)) cheerss!

flyvirgin
16th Jun 2011, 16:21
Does anyone know if Ryanair are still only taking first time applicants?

enduro
17th Jun 2011, 00:57
I made a mistake and apllied for the ryanair program with CAE but my profile was not completed. Can i reapply or is it only necessary to complete my profile?

minimumunstick
17th Jun 2011, 09:29
just complete it

Ovt
21st Jun 2011, 09:28
Hi guys,

I did my assessment last thrusday (16th June). Did any of you do it the same day ??. I don't know what I did with the e-mail addresses... so just let me know if any of you are around.

Cheers !

NikB
21st Jun 2011, 10:49
OVT,
Best of luck with your results...any pointers?has anything changed as compared to the previous threads of this thread?something to look out for?
Thanks for the info and best of luck again
N.

Ovt
21st Jun 2011, 11:16
Thank you NikB,

I'd say that the assessment hasn't changed at all. Same questions, same requirements in the sim session...

I hope you guys get the call ;)

NikB
21st Jun 2011, 11:32
tu tambien amigo, muchas gracias por la info
N.

pacrion
22nd Jun 2011, 10:36
Ovt, may I ask you a question. was first time interview with ryr? good luck

Ovt
22nd Jun 2011, 11:13
Yes, it was.

Thanks pacrion :)

atalanta89
22nd Jun 2011, 13:11
Anyone going to Stansted 30th June for the interview?

joshua87
24th Jun 2011, 15:34
Hi all,

I got invited in august to do the Ryanair assessment. I am currently working as a F/O on the Dash 8 with around 2000 hours.

Is there anyone else recently invited for the assessment with experience? Do you get a different offer our do you start with the same pay as an ab initio. Is it possible to get another date for the assesment as i am not able to go on this date.

I am very tempted to go as it is the first jet operator who invited me. I dont see my self moving up in aviation if i stay where i am now.

NikB
24th Jun 2011, 18:22
Hi all
One thing i was wondering, what are my prospects of being hired if i have had an aviation incident at the beginning of my flight training?am i doomed and wasting my time???
Any input will be much appreciated

VJW
25th Jun 2011, 00:33
NikB - Apply and find out.

joshua87 - once through line training you'll be on the highest FO money as you have +1500 hrs on JAR 25 aircraft. You'll then more then likely be fast tracked to command with once you have 1500 hrs on type. You need 3000 hrs total, 1500 JAR 25 and 1500 on the type. Most FO's meet all this when they hit 3000 hrs as they've been in RYR from the start, however you'll have 3500 hrs before being able to upgrade. Pretty sure that's right and you won't be able to upgrade with 3000TT of which only 1000 is on type.

I've not heard of experienced FO's being hired in a while, especially as the website still currently states, "Please note we are not accepting applications for Non 737 Rated Captains or experienced First Officers at this time."

Strange one! :bored:

waveydavey
25th Jun 2011, 06:46
Does anyone know at what point you start getting paid if you are successful? I see the type rating is 6 weeks - is it after that that you earna wage from them, and how much??

NikB
25th Jun 2011, 12:48
VJW i already have the assessment coming up in a couple weeks, i was only wondering if there's anyone on here who's been hired with an accident/incident report on his record.
Thanks anyhow :)

VJW
25th Jun 2011, 20:21
Ok - well guess it depends on whether they ask you and whether you mention it or not :D

Good luck anyway

Mikehotel152
25th Jun 2011, 20:28
I see the type rating is 6 weeks - is it after that that you earna wage from them, and how much??

After the type rating you will be rostered for base training, which is when you and a number of other cadets practice landings in a Boeing 737 up at Nottingham. It may take 2-3 weeks for this to be scheduled and completed due to a lack of available aircraft and suitable weather. Or it could happen within days of finishing the type rating.

After base training you'll find out your line training base. You may have to wait a week or two before you start flying. Then you have 25 or so sectors unpaid training because you will have a safety pilot sitting behind you monitoring and making sure you and the Captain don't screw up. You can expect to have a safety pilot for about 2 weeks, possibly longer if your roster is fairly empty - this could happen if your base only has one line training captain.

Once you're safety pilot released you'll start earning money, but won't get paid until midway through the next month.

So, basically, you won't get a cent from Ryanair until at least 2 months after you complete your type rating. :( And then it's 35.5e an hour.

Edited to correct a typo regarding levels of pay!

zerotohero
26th Jun 2011, 00:41
VJW

Pretty much 99% sure you are mistaken about the pay scale there, it used to be hours on Jar25 for payrise then it changed to Ryanair JAR25 hours for pay scales!

so start at the bottom and work up same as everyone else

stand to be corrected but pretty sure its in a contract of a new joiner I have kicking around on my hard drive somewhere in black and white.

zerotohero
26th Jun 2011, 00:56
Here we go,,,, now 100%

* Hours are defined as those attained flying Ryanair Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Hours which a co-pilot has gained on previous JAR25 aircraft are not applicable.

straight out of a mafia contract.

zerotohero
26th Jun 2011, 01:20
WaveyDavey

You start getting paid once you are safety pilot released, which is average 20 sectors so around middle of your 2nd week line training

type course from initial week doing dangerous goods etc is about 10 weeks then base training then line training so expect about 3 months from day one until 1st paid day then its a month in arrears so could stretch to 4 months before you see your first €!!!

its a tough time if you have commitments like a mortgage etc and some guys are so broke its been known to find F/O's sleeping in there car in the airport car park! sad state of affairs for whats viewed from the outside as a golden career!

think long and hard about a position as more and more guys starting are saying why the F*** did I do all this work for this S*** in some Sh**hole a thousand miles from friends and family spending all my money on commuting and living where I don't want to be!,,, its a long 4 years to command and semi decent money and that is likely to get longer now with no more deliveries after next year and not many at that.

but it is nice in the blue at FL380 when its all working nice :ok:

VJW
26th Jun 2011, 05:00
Zerotohero, if I was mistaken - then it's because I'm going by what my contract says. I didn't realise it was different, I'm on the older BRK contract pre McNamara. I had friends on my type rating go onto the +500 hrs payscale straight out of line training having had experience flying JAR 25 biz jets etc.

Thanks for putting record straight.

Am I still right with regards to fast track to command? With 2000 hrs Dash 8, he'd need 1500 on RYR JAR 25 and then be able to apply for upgrade would be the case on my contract.

minimumunstick
26th Jun 2011, 08:02
Let's put an end to this once and for all:

quote from brookfield FAQ:

As a First Officer how many flying hours do I need in order to be considered for an upgrade to Captain?

You will need a minimum of 3000 hours JAR-25 (737) time and also you will need to have been operating for Ryanair during one complete winter season. The minimum time for a newly recruited experienced First Officer to be entered into the command upgrade programme would be 7 months.

zerotohero
26th Jun 2011, 09:58
minimumstick

The figures are wrong but also right

there is errors in the contracts and its writtain twice differently in the same ryanair upgrade document

you need 1500 JAR25 and 3000TT

it does say 3000 JAR 25 in there but that is 100% wrong, I am currently looking at a command course in the very near future and I have 3000TT and 2300 Boeing as got some instructing hours on light stuff before.

zerotohero
26th Jun 2011, 10:03
2.2 Entry Requirements

You must have at least the following flying experience before you will undergo CU training:
2900 hrs total time
1500 hrs on JAR 25 type aircraft
500 hrs on B737-800 in Ryanair

Callsign Kilo
26th Jun 2011, 14:47
If you join now you will not make command within 3 - 4 years, regardless of how many are leaving. The days of the accelerated command are drawing down and if oil gets any pricier I imagine fleet size will be cut. Deliveries are schedule to end by the first quarter of 2012 with no further growth anticipated. There is already talk of base closures based on poor passenger figures and operational costs. Bases that only opened around 12 months ago. Ryanair has many get out clauses which enables it to walk away from airports that simply aren't working. Just look at BOH, VLC, KIR and BHD. The longer they stick around the more expensive it becomes as contracts are based on targets and failures to meet targets result in windfalls for airports. I reckon MOL will be looking long and hard at the Asian and Indian markets come winter in order to dispose of a few more unwanted 738s. Its of little wonder that the last lot ended up there! However dont despair, the SSTR will long continue; it's roots well embedded with FR
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$:E

And I'll say this. Get in fast because a Boeing TR holds a lot more worth than one on a Chinese cardboard cut out mushroom propelled puddle hopper. You don't want to be doing your TR in CAE Beijing now do you? :hmm:

ant152
26th Jun 2011, 21:40
Anyone starting a TR @ EMA on the 5th Sept?

lespaul06
28th Jun 2011, 09:28
Hi guys , Even if I ' ve been reading this forum for many years now , this is my first post ! I received the phone call from CAE amsterdam this morning for an assesment on the 7th of july 2011 . Anyone else got an assesment for this date ?
I don't know if I'm lucky but I've sent my application one week ago ... How fast these people react ! :O

Parson
28th Jun 2011, 09:30
What is the age profile like for cadets at FR these days?

ACE1985
28th Jun 2011, 22:42
Hi, I´m going to the assessment next week, on 7th July. Somebody else is going? If so send me a message, it would be fine to know somebody before going.

NikB
29th Jun 2011, 04:37
Ace,
i'm going on the 6th of July in stansted, i didn't know they have an assessment everyday.
Anyone else in STN on the 6th?
cheers

lespaul06
30th Jun 2011, 12:02
Hi ACE1985 , I'm also getting the assesment next week on the 7th . send me a PM as we can get in touch ! thx:8

cerealkiller
30th Jun 2011, 13:33
What is the age profile like for cadets at FR these days?

I would say quite low, looking at the age of people going for the assessments.

I should have started my training earlier :ugh:

Cheers!

Xolon
30th Jun 2011, 18:57
I know fresh 28,29,30,36 yr old ab initios doing their training right now. But also 21,22..

Age varies between 21 and 40 with most between 24-30yr from what I noticed

MyIDisthis
1st Jul 2011, 13:13
It seems like everyone that I have spoken to, and most people on this forum, got invited by CAE. Anyone here who has recently been invited by Oxford?

And will they still put you in Stockholm for the TR? Lately it looks like most people are being sent to EMA.

NikB
1st Jul 2011, 13:15
MyIDisthis i got invited by OAA a bit over a month ago, 3 weeks or so after i sent my application in.

Ovt
1st Jul 2011, 13:50
I got invited by CAE, and I will start the TR in September in EMA

cerealkiller
1st Jul 2011, 14:00
I sent my application both through CAE and Oxford over three months ago and never been invited.

Still waiting and hoping.

Cheers

NikB
1st Jul 2011, 14:37
Guys don't read into it a lot, i know of two brothers that put in their application in at the same day, one got invited and is starting his TR soon, and the other just got the interview, three months later.It appears as if it's a lucky draw type of thing.
Keep at it

lespaul06
1st Jul 2011, 15:36
I sent my application through CAE and OAA 10 days ago and have the assesment next week ! Got the phone call from CAE only .

lespaul06
5th Jul 2011, 21:07
Yes I did , all my training in one shot , and the atpl theory as well .
On thursday guys ! Getting a bit nervous at this time ^^ . anyway Thx:rolleyes:

Blancou
7th Jul 2011, 01:57
Hi,

Anyone in STN on the 19th?

OCH
10th Jul 2011, 10:14
Hi guys

Does anyone starting into course on Aug 15th know any accommodation to stay?

738_driver
11th Jul 2011, 10:36
Hi guys,

Some quick background... I have been operating as a first officer on a Beechcraft 1900D in a multicrew environment for almost a year now. We operate as a regional charter carrying about 15 pax at a time. My total time is now just over 1100hrs. I know that once I have 500hrs multi-crew, I am exempt from an MCC, however that would mean that I have to sit around here for an extended period of time and our contract location is less than desirable, to say the least!

I'm not saying that an MCC would be a waste of time, but given that our company SOP's are already inline with generic airline SOP's I probably stand to have a much shallower learning curve when it come's to an MCC course. I am therefore more interested in just being able to 'tick the box'!

With that in mind my question is this... does Ryan Air only take candidates from CAE or Oxford Aviation or can I choose a cheaper provider in order to be able to apply online? In other words, is there anybody out there who has been called up, that didn't go to CAE or OAA?

Thanks again.

magicmick
11th Jul 2011, 11:26
I’m not sure how valid my experience is as I attended the selection day back in October 2008, I did not do any training at OAA or CAE and I still got invited.

However when I got to the selection day there were 8 of us and I was the only non OAA candidate. Speaking to the OAA lads they had done the OAA MCC and JOC (about 40hrs) in a 737 sim and they told me that the instructors had them flying RYR selection sim profiles and used RYR standard calls, the instructors also briefed them on typical RYR interview questions. They were also told to report back to OAA the sim profile that they were given and the questions that they were asked in the interview.

So while it seems that people who do not go to OAA/ CAE do get assessed it is also true that OAA does have a lot of knowledge of the RYR selection procedure and will prepare their students well for the assessment day.

So if you are serious about getting into RYR and you can afford the OAA MCC then it could be a wise move to go there and plug the instructors for all the information that you can. You may not be one of their integrated students but you’re still a customer and they should provide you with all the advice that you ask for.

Good luck with the application

738_driver
11th Jul 2011, 12:35
Thank you very much for a worthwhile and considered response. It definitely constitutes food for thought and is much appreciated.

happy eater
11th Jul 2011, 13:04
Hi Guys,

Has anybody else been selected for the TR starting 26 Sep 11 at EMA?

magicmick
11th Jul 2011, 14:21
You’re very welcome to the information, out of date as it is.

One snag that you might find with applying to RYR is that they seem to like employing direct entry captains with the rating and lots of command hours or 200hr cadets with no airline experience at all. As an experienced FO with a rating and over 1000hrs you fall in the gap between the extremes that RYR prefer.

Obviously it would be completely inappropriate for you to chuck in your current job to go chasing RYR as you might never receive an invite to the assessment day but if you are owed some leave and can squeeze an MCC into the leave period then go for it.

The worst they can do is not invite you and you continue in your current FO job until something else comes along, which compared to a lot of people (including myself) is a very privileged position.

All the best

flykel
12th Jul 2011, 11:46
Hey yeah im goin there on that day

lespaul06
12th Jul 2011, 12:38
Hey guys , got the positive phone call this morning . Starting the type on the 10th of october . ANyone else starting at this date ? :rolleyes:

denik89
13th Jul 2011, 15:00
Hi Guys...3days ago RYR told me to send them CV and some other info...
i read all the past 118 pages of the thr and someone says they are going to call me in five days....

do they send me a email first to confirm my CV is ok???or they call me without notice?? :ugh:

Thanks

lespaul06
13th Jul 2011, 22:26
If I'm right they just sent me a confirmation email saying that my application and my cv upload was still in progress (21st of june) and the girl called me right away a couple of days later (23rd) asking me couple of questions again about my training , and finally she will give you the date for the interview . ;)

cerealkiller
14th Jul 2011, 13:19
Looks like everybody gets invited but me and looking at the age in some profiles seems like I have no chance :ouch:

Cheers

pacrion
14th Jul 2011, 16:03
cerealkiller, thing is... everybody got an invitation and how many will be accepted at the end? maybe its better not getting a call and save some money and time. :) of course some will get in but just a minority.
good luck btw!

lespaul06
14th Jul 2011, 16:33
Someone said around 1/2 ! during the assessment . :O