PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

ValePilot
19th Nov 2013, 12:43
BUT Ryanair is NOT P2F !!!

talktomegoose
19th Nov 2013, 13:03
I have a number of questions about the limited company status that cadet pilots hold when working for Ryanair:

1. In a hypothetical scenario where a serious incident or accident was found to be directly the result of an act of negligence on the part of the pilot, who is held liable? Are you effectively acting on behalf of Ryanair when you fly or would your ltd company carry the risk? Is personal liability insurance mandatory? (can't even imagine the size of the premium!!).

2. National Insurance/Social Security payments in the UK are effectively a contribution towards your goverment pension which you receive when you are of a pensionable age. In the UK there is the option to 'opt out' of NI payments if you are self employed - is this the case if you are based overseas?

3. Relating to Q2, if you are a UK/Irish citizen working for Ryanair in a foreign base what is the purpose of paying national insurance to a foreign government? You won't receive a foreign pension. Secondly you risk losing your UK/Irish gov pension if you stop paying your national insurance at home - how have you current Ryanair guys/gals overcome this?

4. A previous post stated (or maybe I read it on PPJN) that 2% of gross earnings are deducted by Storm as a management fee. Surely this counts as a direct company expense and be claimed against tax, no?

I am speaking from experience of owning a Ltd company in the UK but have little understanding of the situation overseas.

ValePilot
19th Nov 2013, 14:42
STOP PLEASE STOP! THE THREAD NAME IS: RYANAIR INTERVIEW AND SIM ASSESSMENT. You can open another thread with this name: RYANAIR COMPLAINTS:ok:

GermanAviator
26th Nov 2013, 17:19
Hey Guys,

I received an invitation by CAE for a RYR Assessment in few weeks.

During the today's telephone interview I asked the CAE-woman what contract they will offer me - a RYR-one or a temp agency contract. She told me unambiguously it would be a contract with RYR.

So I'm a little bit confused about some statements here that no cadet will be given the chance to fly directly for Ryanair.

Does anybody have information about it?

Pittslover
27th Nov 2013, 14:10
You will not be directly employed by FR. You will be on a contract with one of the agencies.

Do you remember what they asked you in the telephone interview? Did they ask you about your ATPL sittings?

Thanks

ben4395
27th Nov 2013, 14:56
I was just asked if I had first time passes in CPL/IR and if all the ATPL exams were passed first time, no questions about exam scores.

Aleboni
27th Nov 2013, 15:23
Germanaviator when did you apply through CAE?

Pittslover
27th Nov 2013, 17:35
Anyone knows how many ATPL exams resits are allowed?

clvf88
27th Nov 2013, 18:03
Evening guys.

When you 'applied' did you get any confirmation emails from CAE? All I got is the email entitled 'Notice of registration for pilot.cae.com‏' but nothing to confirm their receipt of my completed application. Just want some piece of mind that all went in ok. Cheers.

Pittslover - My understanding is that they require first time passes in all groundschool examinations - but this is purely based up 'friends of friends' experiences and thus may not be correct.

Flying_Jipp
28th Nov 2013, 20:02
Hej

I do confirm, I heard a lot of people who are now working for Ryanair that they ask you if you got your atpl subjects on the first attempt... Hard to say if it is a criteria or not but with the huge number of applications they receive everyday, it's certainly the case...

Flying_Jipp
29th Nov 2013, 06:58
Hi guys,

I have applied recently with Ryanair via CAE since they have re opened the cadet section. I am wondering if someone got a call from them for the assessment?

Any feedbacks are welcome.
Best regards
Jippy

Dutchformula
29th Nov 2013, 07:30
Hi Jipp,

i applied november 8th but nothing so far.

ValePilot
29th Nov 2013, 07:39
Is all random :ok:

Aleboni
29th Nov 2013, 08:25
I ve applied on march and again 22 of novembre and still nothing..

ValePilot
29th Nov 2013, 09:46
You've to wait

Aleboni
29th Nov 2013, 09:59
Unfortunately i know

Flying_Jipp
29th Nov 2013, 13:58
Hi Mates,

Thanks for your feedbacks. Same story for me. I have applied on 03/11/13 and nothing at present. I heard that they work like the lottery... You can be lucky and get a call shortly or very late .....

If you have some news, just let us know :)

Good luck to everybody!

Dam40
30th Nov 2013, 10:59
Hi everyone,

I don't know if it the same for some of you but I have been asked by the CAE for some additional informations. Do you received the same e-mail ? And if Yes have you been contacted ?

Thanks

McBruce
30th Nov 2013, 12:11
Guys, please, what ever you advice you take from this thread, do not take PIOSEEs advice onboard.

Not everyone can leave Ryanair. I have been in the company for 6 years and you can easily come to a realisation that RYR could be pime real estate if the pilots were able to make progress through the RPG. Burying your head in the sand wont help you or anyone else. Including any potential airline that you may consider working for in the future. You can easily pin point a lot of airlines new practises over the past decade spawning from RYRs ways. What ever happens in RYR - other airlines will potentially copy.

TT's extracts from the Airscoop report are valid as well. Its better to walk through the doors with your eyes wide open knowing what to expect, that said I don't typically agree with his trolling ways on this subject.

Join the company. Learn the history and join repa / rpg and help change.

eagledream
30th Nov 2013, 17:20
i applied in march 2012 and still no call, need to be patient.
it's very much a lottery, you can be lucky today tomorrow or in a years time, no predictions can be made

Pauline_
30th Nov 2013, 17:36
Yes, that's right... I am waiting from December 2012:/
And still nothing..

vasterlund
1st Dec 2013, 08:24
Anyone got answer from this selection? Attended 4 days ago and still waiting.

ben4395
1st Dec 2013, 08:36
Vasterlund, youll be waiting a lot longer than 4 days im afraid mate, I attended 2.5 weeks ago and still no word, none of the guys who did the assessment with me have had any word yet either. Average waiting time seems to be 4 weeks although Ive heard of 6 week waiting times too.

vasterlund
1st Dec 2013, 11:58
Aww :( heard that the longer you wait the better but seems like I shouldn`t get my hopes up!

123Pilot
1st Dec 2013, 15:12
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience/information about the possiblities of getting loan for the training based on the signed contract? I heard there were some banks which provide loans for the TR course, but I wasn't able to find any more specifics, about how do you guarantee for the loan - is the contract on its own sufficient or does there have to be some financial/property assurance?
If such a way of funding exists - is it possible to delay the payments untill you have finished your line training?
I'm currently in a state where I can't afford to pay for the TR, hence this would basically be the only possible way for me to be able to join the progam.
Thx for any useful information and best of luck to all in their aviation careers!

zerotohero
3rd Dec 2013, 04:46
123 Pilot

Your trouble is the contract offers you nothing guaranteed so if the bank manager does his job right (que laughing) he will see that his money is as safe as a gingerbread house
You will most likely need some property to tie the loan to, stand back to be pelted at dawn with the standard PTF scum at the mention of that or bank of dad jet jockey

Long and short you are going to have to beg borrow and steal to secure the finances one say or another, my advice is get the job first then worry about it, with your first job (using the term lightly) on offer the pressure will see you find a way.

Best of luck to you all

vasterlund
3rd Dec 2013, 22:03
Ģ100k? Seems like you pay for 4 with that amount.....

SSDK
4th Dec 2013, 22:09
Just a short story from a (soon to be) former RYR pilot.

I'll make it short:

Joined the company in late 2011, after having flown 850hrs as a flight instructor (PPL and CPL) plus domestic flights on small piston twins.

Joined RYR FULL AWARE of the ups and down of it all. now, 1500hrs on the jet later, I am leaving for another company.

As many other people have said in this long thread, RYR is only a steppingstone. When I first started, i certainly had many moral discussions with myself and the ones closest to me. After I joined, the road has been VERY... ehhhh, interesting.

positives:

The training in RYR is some of the best out there right now! I have only met professional, passionate people during my course, exams, Sims etc.
RYR makes you put in a lot of hard work, and it is not uncommon that you have to start reading/completing training tests 4 weeks before a SIM. This is well reflected in the RYR safety record, which pretty much stands for itself - no matter where safety flags are being raised. On a pure operational side, I have never felt that the company is slacking.
If you are putting your hard earned eggs in the RYR basket for the training, you will not be disappointed....But..

Negatives:

Be prepared for a hard life in the beginning. The first year of being in RYR is tough. You will be in over your head in hotel bills, transportation, weird fees and many other things...

I was pretty much what you can call poor during the first 12 months in the company, and if it wasn't for my parents, I would have thrown in the towel. Simply because I had NO money left.... And remember... there is no guarantee that your bank will help you!!

Second year is better. The cash start to flow in the right direction on your bank account, and things are actually looking better... Not amazing, but better. Most people can actually start saving up some money at this point.

Only problem is - I have been lucky. Due to operational reasons, my base have had a (VERY) good amount of hours in the summer and at this point, Things are looking decent. But this is me. MANY of my friends have been doing 40-50-60 hrs in the summer, and are doing even worse in the winter, which makes it impossible to save up. Moreover, a great number of FO's are being hired, and planes are getting cut back making the hours worse and worse. This is not to scare people... This is a FACT! Even captains are seeing themselves splitting hours these days, and with the new contracts for captains... Well, let's just say it's not great.

So. The big question: Would I do it again? If the conditions where the same as when I started - Yes.

With current conditions, I am not so sure anymore...

I say this to all the young lads out there who are on the way to join, or thinking about joining: SAVE UP! And when you are done, SAVE UP SOME MORE! You will be spending 30% more than what you had in your budget. And readjust your expectations about salary, lifestyle and all that other stuff. The flying is fun, but at what cost?

Best of luck to all of you!:}

justagigolo77
6th Dec 2013, 20:42
Be prepared for a hard life in the beginning. The first year of being in RYR is tough. You will be in over your head in hotel bills, transportation, weird fees and many other things...

What hotel bills, transportation and "weird fees" did you have to pay?

SSDK
7th Dec 2013, 20:13
@justagigolo77

Well. Every single one of them.....

justagigolo77
8th Dec 2013, 00:26
Ssdk, while I'm glad you are keeping your credit score strong, I'm actually seriously curious what hotel and "weird" expenses you would incur and be responsible for yourself as a result of company service?

SSDK
8th Dec 2013, 21:13
Well, you pay for your own hotels during training, Sims, flying out of base etc.
The only time they pay for the hotel, is when you divert!

As to the "weird" expenses: Paying for an ID that you will only be using once during the base-training. Paying for your ID at all. uniform - also for tailoring new stripes on. all bus, taxi and transportation fees regarding positioning on the ground for SIMs, out of base flying etc.

As I said, you will be paying for everything yourself. Even your SIM training for OPC's LPC's and so on.

If it's not something you can accept, RYR is not for you.

You sound somewhat sceptic. I'm only trying to paint a realistic picture of RYR as a workplace for the new guys.

SSDK
9th Dec 2013, 08:43
Well, it's hard not to agree really.

In RYR, you have your own little company, who provides it's services to the airline. That's why everything is payed by pilot.

Things get a little better on the RYR contract, but then you will have to accept a huge paycut instead.

Only upside of it all is that you can claim all your expenses in your company, which makes up for it a bit. But still.......

RWY37
9th Dec 2013, 12:09
Got a Call from CAE today. She asked me about my exams, and i managed to tell her that I failed on 3 subjects, even though I failed at 4:bored: (all passed on 1 extra sitting) Should I send a mail to CAE? Do they check this on the interview?
Anyone who have heard about Ryanair's exam policy lately?

At least I did'nt get blown of at the phone. She told me at the end that she would discuss Our phone interview With Ryanair...

Aleboni
9th Dec 2013, 13:02
When did you apply to cae rwy 37?

RWY37
9th Dec 2013, 13:23
Applied oct 29, got a mail one month later to send my cv, got a new mail one week after that they would call me in aprox 7 days :)

vasterlund
9th Dec 2013, 14:52
If you get to the interview I would be suprised if they ask about it because there is so little time.
I was in for 15 mins.

vasterlund
9th Dec 2013, 17:29
Any news from assessments yet???
I really hate to wait :(

jeehaa
9th Dec 2013, 17:35
In that case you are DEFINITELY in the wrong industry...

vasterlund
9th Dec 2013, 17:42
Well I dont know many people that ENJOY waiting..

Silverbrook
10th Dec 2013, 13:31
Hey Vasterlund

Any news from your assessment yet? I did mine on the 4th of December and no news as yet (can't say I'm expecting anything anytime soon to be honest!).

A320_Lover
10th Dec 2013, 14:12
ok guys, i'm not an expert about jets but i know how rapidly they can climb after a go around.

assuming a missed apch alt of 4000 ft

how can i maintain flaps 15 before level off ? assuming a rate of climb of at least 3000 ft/min i would start to put some nose down at 3700 ft and since i cannot handle the throttles until flaps are up the aircraft would start to accelerate like rocket. and the first flaps retraction speed to flaps 5 is JUST 150 KTS :confused:

i already imagine myself to call for bug up speed and retracting flaps to 5 well before 4000 ft.

how did you handle a go around ?

THX for your feedback

vasterlund
10th Dec 2013, 15:14
You really dont need to worry about that on the day.
At both our go arounds they paused when we called gear up.

ValePilot
10th Dec 2013, 16:37
since i cannot handle the throttles until flaps are up

who sad that you can't? You have to retract flaps on SCHEDULE SPEED. The same for Go around.

vasterlund
10th Dec 2013, 16:47
For the assessment valepilot

A320_Lover
10th Dec 2013, 16:53
the briefing pack says that PF is responsible for throttle management from the time you call FLAPS UP. during the climb-out phase after a G/A the N1 is set to 90% and should not be touched until flaps up call is made.

this is done at 190 kts and from that point you can reduce power to maintain the up speed.

it is also specified that flaps should remain at 15 degrees until level off.

SOOOO, until level off and speed not below 190 knots the PF shouldn't reduce thrust.

this is why i said i cannot handle throttles before flaps retraction.

pudoc
10th Dec 2013, 19:07
A320_lover, you are completely correct in regards to having your hands off the levers until flaps up call. But are you sure it says to maintain F15 until level off? We definitely do not do that in real life. We normally take F5 after a roll mode selected (400ft AGL assuming go around from minimums, and then F1 and UP on schedule.

Can you quote the text you are reading from?

ValePilot
10th Dec 2013, 19:18
In the briefing pack is reported: Mantain F15 until levelling off. The Flap retraction is the opposite to the extension schedule...at 150 knots call Flaps 5...at 170 knots, call Flaps 1 and at 190 knots call Flaps up.
On calling Flaps up you have responsibility for the Thrust levers.

4000 ft is your stop altitude? At 4000 your speed increases and you start to "clean" the aircraft on schedule. Tell me where is the problem

It's correct that in real life is different of course, but for example during my interview we retracted the flaps in different manner as described in the briefing pack.

A320_Lover
10th Dec 2013, 20:32
after G/A you get something like 3000 ft/min or even more.

If i want to stop at 4000 ft and level off at this altitude with that rate of climb i would need to start levelling off several hundreds of feet before 4000.

if i do that without the possibility to retard the throttles (because flaps are still extended) the aircraft will accelerate and i'll meet the flaps retraction speed before being stable at 4000 ft.
Meeting flaps retraction speeds i'm then forced to call BUG UP before reaching 4000 ft.

as you can see i'm breaking the rule "Mantain F15 until levelling off". That is what i was asking for and it's not really a problem for me.

mo hai capito ?

jeehaa
11th Dec 2013, 06:47
No, you don't get 3000ft/min at a go around. TOGA thrust gives 1000-2000 ft/min. You will have plenty of time to clean up.

A320_Lover
11th Dec 2013, 11:23
Thank you for your reply.

that rate is acceptable to get levelled properly.

Silverbrook
11th Dec 2013, 20:38
Anyone had any feedback from their Ryanair interviews yet or know of anyone who has been accepted/ rejected? I've heard that people have been waiting for nearly a month now... :ugh:

jeehaa
11th Dec 2013, 21:47
194 pages of thread will tell you that some people have waited 8 weeks, others just 2 days. Once again, patience is the key

vasterlund
12th Dec 2013, 04:33
Rejected yesterday.

Jet Fuel Addict
12th Dec 2013, 09:52
"Maintain F15 until levelling off"

Seems to me there is no issue. Levelling off is not the same as levelled off.

taitibob
12th Dec 2013, 11:48
Just for info there's a Facebook group for the guys who are in the CAE1305 (introduction course 17 February in EMA and TR start 3rd of march in Amsterdam).

Name of the group is "CAE1305"

We are only two for the moment do not hesitate to contact us.

hurryupandwait
20th Dec 2013, 15:56
Had my assessment mid Novmeber which went very well and not heard anything. Anyone of similar assessment date had anything back? Here's wishing for some good news for Christmas. Blah i don't live in a dream world

migue
23rd Dec 2013, 09:07
Rumors from management in RYR sais they will start to use the system type rating+500 hours and then out just to earn more money from cadets and to have a better cycle of type ratings. This is a reliable source but hopefully they won't start so early. Safe flights guys...

P40Warhawk
23rd Dec 2013, 09:36
That would be a disgrace if they will do that 500 hours program. Another airline of the list to start your carreer. There are already almost no oppertunities. Another confirmation that the market is horrible. No respect for us pilots at all.

migue
23rd Dec 2013, 09:45
you are damn right, it's a shame....no way it will become better, the market is becoming good or at least acceptable only for people with a lot of money and no problems in paying type ratings and hour building.

pudoc
23rd Dec 2013, 16:03
I don't think RYR will do a TR+500 thing at all. Can't see it working. They have no need to do it either, they can fire nearly all FOs in a split second no questions asked. Or they could just roster the FOs for zero hours and they will all eventually leave.

migue
24th Dec 2013, 07:02
They will, from the beginning of nex year. It is confirmed

Aleboni
24th Dec 2013, 07:51
Begininnig of 2014 or 2015?

migue
24th Dec 2013, 08:02
next year, 2014...maybe not in january but in 2014..

McBruce
24th Dec 2013, 12:15
I very much doubt it.

Nothing would surpise me though but I can't see this happening. Over all my years in Ryanair we've heard many rumours, some coming from reliable sources, most never come to fruition.

RYR are trying to increase their image, increase relations with their customers. They are trying to avoid bad press. The pilot group and management are at an all time low in their relationship with one wrong move, could be decisive for the pilot group in getting representation. Coming up with a stupid plan such as P2F would generate a PR and HR nightmare. Just to give you an idea how sensitive they are in terms of PR at the minute - they started of by saying they won't implement controlled rest inflight because the papers would get a hold of the procedures and tear them a new one. Now that we're doing even longer sectors this winter they are trying to implement controlled rest but the wording of the memo has been meticulously chosen. No doubt the idea of P2F scheme is coming from some idiot in the training department trying to climb that RYR ladder to get closer to his idol. Ultimately the decision will come from the very top and the shareholders now want a positive image.

If they do then all hope is lost with this management in control and the only way to protect your future is by joining www.ryanairpilotgroup.com (http://www.ryanairpilotgroup.com) / REPA and fix the mess through action.

Jwscud
24th Dec 2013, 19:09
So it's gone from "rumoured" to "confirmed" in less than 24h, with nobody other than migue hearing about it?

I tend to agree with McBruce.

Though anyone thinking any EASA authority would stop it need only look at Vueling, who do just this.

migue
24th Dec 2013, 20:48
you can think what you want...I hope they don't start with that but like Alitalia is trying to do as well this seems to be the future, type + 500

P40Warhawk
25th Dec 2013, 10:50
If even Major Airlines like Alitalia is going to do that, then I don't know how it would ever get better.

And then after the program of 500 hours. Then you are basically still worth nothing. Because airlines want to suck out pilots, so they will not hire you because you have done already TR. But airlines where you should have 1000+ hours TT will not take you either, because you lack experience.

I even cannot get any loan for such programs anyway, but I would NEVER pay for my Line training. That ain't a job. Just an expensive hobby.
You should get PAID to work. NOT PAY to work.

pudoc
25th Dec 2013, 16:18
Interested to know your source Migue. Especially how you've gone from "rumour" to "confirmed" overnight despite the Ryanair offices being closed for Christmas.

MichaelOLearyGenius
26th Dec 2013, 12:10
And there will still be a line of muppets from Land's End to John O' Groats queuing up to sign the dotted line.

TeaTowel
29th Dec 2013, 15:44
Even the pilots pay on some low-cost flights - News & Advice - Travel - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/even-the-pilots-pay-on-some-lowcost-flights-9028635.html)

Pilots' unions and trainee pilots are warning that only the wealthiest, rather than the best, candidates will become pilots because growing numbers of airlines are having cadets "pay to fly".

departures131
29th Dec 2013, 16:00
RYR want to improve there image? you have got to be joking! they don't give 2 hoots about their image or their customers, and never have, all they care about is low fares and high sales, it's this very reason they are one of the worlds biggest and most successful airlines.

They are pretty much already running 500 hour LT scheme but retaining the cadets

Greenlights
29th Dec 2013, 17:47
I would not be suprised...if I were in O'leary's shoes, that's what I would do.

Why paying new pilots if they are willing to pay some hours ?

and passengers would not care about that. They will still buy tickets as long as it's cheap and they can go on holidays.
The passengers do not have to fight for T&Cs (it's not their job), but the pilots have to.
good luck.

hurryupandwait
2nd Jan 2014, 12:04
Had an email today from pilot recruitment saying I will get results of selection at the latest Mon 6th Jan. Happy Days

Aleboni
2nd Jan 2014, 13:56
when did you apply to cae?

hurryupandwait
2nd Jan 2014, 15:13
October applied, telephone interview and selection mid November

ben4395
2nd Jan 2014, 15:19
had the same email today!

PilotFox
6th Jan 2014, 11:58
Received any news about the results of the assessments?
Since today was the day of the deadline.

MINTRA
6th Jan 2014, 12:21
Not yet! Also waiting for the results today.

hurryupandwait
6th Jan 2014, 16:42
I have still heard nothing!

hurryupandwait
8th Jan 2014, 08:45
Received an email today from McGinley agency today saying that I have been successful and they will be in contact with further info in due course. The earliest TR is April and they are running through the summer.

Bit vague but it's a yes!

Aleboni
8th Jan 2014, 12:00
what's your experience haurryupandwait? anyway compliments :D

hurryupandwait
8th Jan 2014, 12:44
Military background
325 hrs TT 230 P1
93% average with first time passes in all written exams and flying tests

Thanks

A320_Lover
8th Jan 2014, 14:39
GOT ACCEPTED TOO !!! I'm too happy guys, received same email, starting TR in April.
To hurryupandwait: let's keep in touch, we are probably in the same TR course :))) see you

Aleboni
8th Jan 2014, 19:08
that's great A320 lover :))

MINTRA
9th Jan 2014, 12:29
Same email, i'll start in the next course also! congratulations to the others and see you in april! haha

PrivatePilotDA40NG
10th Jan 2014, 11:30
Honestly, u guys think I have any chance?
250TT
CPL ME IFR MCC + JOC on 737NG FFS
My flying skills are said to be above standard,
but i had 2 resits on my ATPL theory :ugh:

I applied online yesterday but I fear being rejected just on basis of that online application which I filled in maybe a bit too fast.

aussiesteve
10th Jan 2014, 12:41
PrivatePilotDA40NG,

I have heard the requirements for Ryanair are around the same as they were for the easyJet when they recruited late in 2013.

The easyJet requirements were:

No full fail in CPL or IR (One partial allowed)
Minimum first time pass mark of 80% on at least 13 of the JAA/EASA ATPL theory exams
Maximum of either one JAA/EASA ATPL theory exam below 80% if a first time pass or one retake if the resit score is 80% or higher
MCC and JOC certificates
Last flight within six months

My feeling is, as long as your resit scores are above at least 85% you might be ok.
Best of luck with the application.

Aleboni
10th Jan 2014, 18:17
I ve never seen this requirments for easyJet..where did you fine them?

aussiesteve
10th Jan 2014, 18:19
You wouldn't have unless you were a student at a CAE flight school.
It was from an internal email from CAEOAA.

Mosjen
13th Jan 2014, 13:30
Congratulations on the acceptance guys.
When did you go to the assessment day?
And how did you find it?

Flying_Jipp
14th Jan 2014, 17:32
Hi guys,

Today, I received a bad news from CAE Amsterdam.... After sending my CV for approval to RYR, I got an e-mail from CAE advising me that my "application is unable to proceed", no interview and no assessment.... Why ? I do not know (maybe because I am 31.... )
Feeling very downed....

I wish good luck to everybody.

G CEXO
14th Jan 2014, 19:53
Flying Jipp,

I also received the same email today. Something smells fishy....

aussiesteve
14th Jan 2014, 20:38
I received an email from Amsterdam and have been given an assessment at the end of Jan. A few friends of mine also have been receiving emails saying that they will be contacted soon about their application.

Good to know that the FR wheels are turning once again :)

schweizer2
14th Jan 2014, 22:29
Same E-mail for me.

speed_alive_rotate
15th Jan 2014, 08:22
Well done to all who got accepted to Ryanair. Just two things I wanted to know, maybe others have heard similar. Does Ryanair still have a policy of not hiring Irish pilots?? And also are people close to 30 or older telling the truth on their application regarding their age for fear of discrimination. Anybody have any reliable info on Ryanair's age policy?? Thanks guys, and best of luck all who are awaiting an e mail etc!!

Flying_Jipp
15th Jan 2014, 09:29
Speed alive,

My friend, please refer to one of my last post on this page.
I am almost 32 years of age (french) and after CAE has sent my CV for approval to RYR, I have been advised that I will not be invited for the assessment.
I got CPL ME IR on first attempt. All ATPL subject on first attempt as well. MCC/JOC TT 275h and I am rejected.....Why? I do not know.

So I guess that the age is a criteria. That's my point of view. If I am wrong, please correct me.
Any other comments are welcome!

Good Luck to all who have been invited for the interview :)

speed_alive_rotate
15th Jan 2014, 10:26
Hey Jippy, thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about your experience!
I find it ridiculous as you have nearly 35 more years of a flying career ahead of you! Their loss! Is there an option not to inform them of your age, or even as some people suggest not being truthful about your age, if you were to be successful and then for them to change their mind due to your actual age, they would be liable for discrimination! I am 27 but fear this age discrimination may affect me in the future!

Fanor
15th Jan 2014, 10:50
Congratulations to all who have got assessments. When did you all apply and through whom? I applied in November through CAE Parc Aviation and no emails or anything of the sort confirming I have applied, although on their website it says I have applied. Whats everyone else experience on the waiting period between application and assesment or interview? Cheeers

Flying_Jipp
15th Jan 2014, 10:51
Hi speed Alive,

I always said the truth on my CV experience etc... i was taught like this... and I think that as soon as they request your Licence etc they can easyily check your birthday and see if you told them bull****... my advise: be honest.
27 is ok man, send your application right now if not done before!!!

prepare your technical questions now. do not wait their email to start ! Be positive and should work.

clvf88
15th Jan 2014, 12:32
I applied for this in early Nov and am still yet to hear anything back.

I'm <25, first time passes in all flight / ground examinations with >95% average in ATPL theoretical applications. I have a strong educational / employment background and have flown as recently as last week. I had heard it was a bit of a lottery and its starting to look that way. I cannot see that there is anything in the limited information we were asked to provide that could discount me at this early stage.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, or that can provide any further information on the selection criteria? I guess its just a case of being patient and hoping for the best.

ValePilot
15th Jan 2014, 12:44
It is only a lottery...during my interview, there was a guy that failed 6 subjcets of his ATPL...but he was there. Why? I don't know...:confused:

Flying_Jipp
15th Jan 2014, 12:55
Vale Pilot:

Do you know how long do we have to wait before submitting again an application?
How we can do that via CAE ? change our email or what?
How did you re apply?

TL638
15th Jan 2014, 14:18
Jipp - As far as I know you can't apply to Ryanair again, ever! Unless they change their policy in the future. You can try and change your contact details when applying but they will find you out at some stage and be black listed.

I emailed my CV to CAE Oxford on 4th Dec. Still no reply. Hoping that I get an interview. First time passes in everything with 97% ATPL. Fingers crossed I win the lottery!

macflea
15th Jan 2014, 16:52
ageism is everywhere unfortunately , its seems in ryanair its unofficial, but then again they have the irish government leading the way and promoting it. recently they advertised for new police officers , but if you are over 35 forget it. i thought ageism in the eu was not allowed.

ValePilot
15th Jan 2014, 17:42
To Flyiing Jip

I applied hopeless with another mail...I did my interview on June 2013.
But I think they don't call me again...

jeehaa
15th Jan 2014, 22:55
What's different is that jipp didn't have an assessment (yet). This still might be the case in the future; I know a handful of guys that were not invited (explictly), then invited and later 'hired'. Besides that, the age doesn't seem to be a straight to answer thing, because I know another handful of gents that commenced at an age greater than 30. Unless you have been rejected after an earlier assessment, never say never

Flying_Jipp
16th Jan 2014, 06:07
Hello Jeeha,

Thanks for your feedback.
Was just surprised to be contacted by CAE and did not get the approval from RYR for the assessment. I was thinking that the problem was due to my age but let's say that I was not lucky at this lottery. However, I heard many times that passing 30, your chances are reduced....
I plan to make again an application in the next weeks...

Pittslover
16th Jan 2014, 15:15
Do you have first time passes in all of your exams?

Flying_Jipp
16th Jan 2014, 19:00
Hi,

Yes all practicals and atpl on first attempt.

TL638
17th Jan 2014, 16:03
Further to my reply regarding second chances with Ryanair.

"Ryanair does not allow re-application or second chances at assessment. If your CV is submitted to Ryanair and they decline to assess you, you may not re-submit, neither through Graduate Services, CAE Pilot Provisioning nor the Ryanair online application."

Taken from an e-mail that I received from graduate services at CAE OAA when Ryanair opened their doors again in October.

FLT86
17th Jan 2014, 16:47
Hey guys,

I've applied one year and half ago and still no news. I did it via CAE website (https://pilot.cae.com/Careers.aspx) and I have all requirement !!!
I don't understand how they think and why they don't call me...
Obviously, my profile is updated almost every month.

Did you apply via the same way or e-mail ?
If by e-mail, could you give me which one please ?

Thanks guys and good luck.

ValePilot
17th Jan 2014, 18:58
TL638,

is the same for who fail the first interview??

aussiesteve
17th Jan 2014, 19:00
That's right. If you fail the application at any stage, unfortunately that is your chance gone.

Dam40
17th Jan 2014, 19:06
Hi FLT86,

For your information, I applied through the same website just before they closed the application so in April 2012 and I had news from them end of november to get some update and after they invited me at the assessment on Jan 8th. So continue to update your profile and you may have a chance to be invited because it is quite random.

aless85
18th Jan 2014, 09:32
I'm sorry for all the guys that have recently got this negative email from CAE..

Never give up!!

I was en ex-Cabin Crew for QR and before going on my pilot training I met a British guy, he was around 45 then, he did his pilot training at age 38 cuz he wanted to do a carrer change and he always told me it's never to late to become a pilot.... So Always think positive!!!

I do have a question for those guys that got the email, when did you guys sent your CAE applications????

Thanks!

FLT86
18th Jan 2014, 21:24
Hi Dam40,

Merci for your comment. Almost every month, I update my profile but well, seems like it doesn't help since September 2012. Maybe I should wait more, wait and see.
I still don't understand how RYR works on pilot recruitment regarding priority and so on.

Merci encore et ā la prochaine.
A+

Standfor
19th Jan 2014, 18:56
Guys just a quick question..

is it necessary at least one hour of flight in our logbook within 6 months from the last flight?

it's not reported on the cae website but i've heard rumors about it.. maybe it could be a reason why they don't call me.. 'cause I haven't flown for 9 months :{ I don't know...

aussiesteve
19th Jan 2014, 19:00
Yes.

FR have requested that your last flight be within the last 6 months. Whether there is a limit of how long the flight is another question, and one I cannot answer.

They also asked when my last flight as well as simulator was when I received a call from them.

I would log an hour and then try to re-submit your application with updated hours.

Good luck

Standfor
20th Jan 2014, 15:51
It's like I tought.. :(

We never stop to pay in this industry nowadays guys!

Jean-Francois
20th Jan 2014, 21:32
The only priority that Ryanair allows are the one you pay to entrance in their a/c...
My application has been sent just before they closed in April last year. A lot of fully graduated pilots from CAE OAA went to the assessment. Some have managed well but many weren't that lucky! Others from other training center (Hub'air in Belgium, CTC,...) have succeeded as well!
They have to screen a lot of applications and who really knows how they manage that part of the selection...

FTO
ATPL results (average and first time pass)
Skill test
Additional experience
Nationality
Academic background
Professional experience

So many criteria that it is almost impossible to get a clue on their selection process... Why him/her and not me... We almost have the same flying background...
U need to keep flying, keep studying and be ready for an assessment!
That is of course the worst part of our pilot training!

JulietSierra6
21st Jan 2014, 14:13
Anyone at Stanstead for assessment on the 30th of this month?

Joons31
21st Jan 2014, 14:38
I applied as well in October 2013 - and no news yet by CAE.
I fulfill all the requirements, first time passes in ATPL Theory, average of 93% , first time passes of CPL and IR/ME and just 23 years old, but no call so far.
It seems to be really a big game at CAE , and unfortunately, the only way is waiting.:*

Stubentor
21st Jan 2014, 20:51
For information for the French guys here, apparently we are not wanted in RYR at the moment

Anunaki
21st Jan 2014, 21:42
Stubentor,

How's that?please elaborate..

Flying_Jipp
22nd Jan 2014, 04:32
Stubentor:

Why French people are not wanted by ryr now?
Where did you hear that?

Very strange policy at ryr....

Flying_Jipp
22nd Jan 2014, 04:39
French guys were invited in november & december. In january the tendency changed?

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Jan 2014, 08:13
Irish guys were black listed nearly 2 years now, and still could be!!

pudoc
22nd Jan 2014, 08:22
Irish guys were black listed nearly 2 years now, and still could be!!

Ha! How you guys make this stuff up I'll never know. :D

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Jan 2014, 09:07
Are you aware of something no one else knows pudoc????

4redsyourdead
22nd Jan 2014, 09:31
I have many French friends in Ryanair. I doubt this is true and merely just a reason people are using for not getting the call. It's a lottery there's nothing you can do but sit and wait or look for other options.

Stubentor
22nd Jan 2014, 21:53
It's just a rumor, because i know a lot of french friends from OAA with first time passes and everything that were refused. It's just an assumption. We don't know any reason anyway

Anunaki
22nd Jan 2014, 22:02
Stubentor,

So that's how they justify their failures?…. :hmm:

Stubentor
23rd Jan 2014, 09:18
Yeah whatever

FLT86
23rd Jan 2014, 16:52
Hi,

Which e-mail did you use ?
I can't find it. Anyway, regarding your application, you only used CAE website, right ?
Because I've applied one year and a half ago to the CAE website pilot careers and still no news, I can only update my profile which I do monthly.

Just for your information, few guys that I know and are French, have been hired by Ryanair, so well, I can't believe on the nationality reason.

Depone
24th Jan 2014, 14:58
The cadets I see in the crewroom are from all nationalities, including Irish and French.

I suspect the proportion of various nationalities who get through the assessment days is in line with the proportions of nationalities who apply.

If there has been a shift in recruitment, it may be a reflection of the expansion of the company in particular parts of Europe and a desire to staff certain bases with certain nationalities.

pudoc
24th Jan 2014, 19:06
It's just a rumor, because i know a lot of french friends from OAA with first time passes and everything that were refused. It's just an assumption. We don't know any reason anyway

Maybe that's the problem. "I have first time passes so will definitely get the job" and then Ryanair HR sniff out an attitude issue in the interview.

gene88
25th Jan 2014, 10:56
Hi everyone

What to expect from the phone interview after RYR cv approval?

Dam40
25th Jan 2014, 13:18
Hi,
It will be the same questions + 1 or 2 about your licence but nothing to be afraid of as it has already been said.

RedBullGaveMeWings
25th Jan 2014, 21:16
Some body in the Italian forum said that a FR capt told him that Ryanair is going to ask 20-25k euro on top of the 28k already needed for the TR course. Could this be true???

timeforclarity
25th Jan 2014, 21:52
I've submitted my application but the date of my last flight was more than 6 months ago. So I'm going flying tomorrow.

If I update my application with the new data, will this then be logged, or should I withdraw my application and then leave it a day before re-applying?

Jean-Francois
26th Jan 2014, 06:51
Just update your file and it is more than enough! Their system is smart enough to see that you keep your profile active.
I update my own profile after each flight and/or additional training completed (JOC, aerobatic,...)
At the end it is only a lottery...

MichaelOLearyGenius
26th Jan 2014, 10:03
The French have stricter labour and tax laws, are more unionised and are more prone to go on strike than any other nationality, hence Ryanair don't like them.

Fanor
26th Jan 2014, 18:54
Good evening all

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what to expect during the telephone interview now that I have submitted my CV to CAE.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bohi111
26th Jan 2014, 19:05
Hi everyone

I have a problem with CAE form. When I want to insert dates (Date of birth, passport expiration date...) I click on a calendar icon and at the bottom it reads ,,today is sun, 26 jan 3914,,. Day and month are correct but year is always wrong 3914. I tried to ask CAE but they didn't respond. Anyone has the same problem? What should I do about it?

Thanks

Jean-Francois
27th Jan 2014, 14:56
You can re-write 2014 instead of 3914... There is only one that you need to click until you reach the good year!
I did it few days ago...

antes56
29th Jan 2014, 09:41
what to expect from the phone call after? tech questions? general questions? :hmm:

ben4395
29th Jan 2014, 10:21
re: phone call.. if you looked over the thread youd find your answer, but to help you out.. the phonecall from what i remember is pretty much:

-do you have first time passes in ATPL exams and IR/CPL?
-How many hours PIC/total?
-Last aircraft flight ME? (must be one hour logged in last 6 months)
-Rating expiry dates?
-Valid EU passport?

So theres nothing to prepare for, no tech or HR questions at all... its just a screening process.

Ciapapa
29th Jan 2014, 10:31
does anyone here knows how the assessment has been made recently? questions/ simulator... might have changed during last months...:confused:

Aurelio85
29th Jan 2014, 13:48
Does any one know if Ryan Air take in consideration pilots how are already type rated on B737 and flown the classic?

PilotFox
29th Jan 2014, 17:50
No, as stated on their website there is (currently) no application procedure for experienced fo's.

From the pilot hiring page:
"Please note we are not accepting applications for experienced First Officers at this time"

Ciapapa
30th Jan 2014, 09:40
I think depends if the type is EASA of FAA...:rolleyes:

micro_burst
30th Jan 2014, 19:58
Does the flight time in the last 6 months have to be in a ME aircraft?

In the initial 'request for CV' email it did not specify an aircraft class type.

Fieldins
31st Jan 2014, 11:36
In the second mail is specified! "(single or multi engine)"

Fieldins
31st Jan 2014, 11:39
Anyone waiting for the phone interview!?

Fanor
31st Jan 2014, 20:49
Yes I am waiting

aless85
31st Jan 2014, 20:55
@Fanor and @micro burst

when did you guys received this first email? and when applied in CAE??

thank you!!

Fanor
1st Feb 2014, 06:28
First email asking for cv 2 weeks ago, and then the email saying
It had been sent to Ryanair a week ago. Wha about you?

Flying_Jipp
1st Feb 2014, 12:48
Hi Fanor,

Did you get a feedback from RYR? In my case, they sent my CV to RYR for approval and I got the answer 3 days after (negative for me). So if you are still waiting, I guess it's on the good way :)

aless85
1st Feb 2014, 12:54
I havent received any email at all...

Im a bit confused though..

Is it first an phone call and then the email or you guys have got this first email straight without phone call???

I applied at the end of December so I guess I still have a long cue in front of me!!

Good luck to all!

Fieldins
1st Feb 2014, 13:08
The first contact is an email by CAE, when you sent your CV another mail by CAE. Your CV is sent to FR for approval. If FR accept your CV, you will receive another mail whit informations for the phone interview

Fanor
1st Feb 2014, 18:28
@flying_jipp

No answer does equal good news. Hopefully it will be good news.

aless85
1st Feb 2014, 18:48
@Fieldins @Fanor

Thanks for the Info!!

antes56
3rd Feb 2014, 14:24
Quick question: what do they want when asked "employee/academic reference" ?

Nikonair
3rd Feb 2014, 14:45
A signed and dated character reference letter (with contact details) by a former employer and/or one from your last school.
basically just a description from said people how they perceived you during their interactions with you.

gene88
4th Feb 2014, 08:50
hello everyone

just to be sure: what do they want when asked about the final report from FTO to bring to the assesment? I did my training in different school and is quite hard to get that in time :ugh:

Skydreamer1
4th Feb 2014, 09:58
Hi guys, can I ask what kind of time scale you have from the telephone interview to your sim assessment? Are we talking days, weeks or months in your cases? Thanks for the help.

Fanor
4th Feb 2014, 10:14
Hi

I had my telephone screening yesterday and the sim assessment and interview next week. So everything happens fast.

Fieldins
4th Feb 2014, 12:52
2 weeks for me!

Fanor
4th Feb 2014, 19:38
Can you log the sim assessment in your log book regardless of whether you have failed or passed?

aussiesteve
4th Feb 2014, 19:55
Not sure to be honest. But I doubt it, unless you can get your assessors last name, sim type and reg.

Remove B Flight
5th Feb 2014, 15:30
Is there an age limitation for Ryanair's B737NG Type-Qualification Program?
I would appreciate for answers of people who can justify their opinion and not to recycle what we have heard from rumors or other forums.
Additional to the above, are there any extra requirements from Ryanair besides those on CAE's site for the present time (2014) ?

Petepl1989
12th Feb 2014, 18:26
I'm preparing documents etc for my training right now and I have couple of questions and I would be grateful if someone could help me with it.
-Is contact to my previous employers enough as a reference or does it need to be in form of a letter from your employers. I had quite a number of them so it would be hard to get the letters from all of them.
-On mu training agreement it says that I need to provide a Police Clearance Certificate. Does it need to be exactly that or can I provide any criminal record check?
-Do I need to apply on my own for a airport ID?

micro_burst
13th Feb 2014, 10:00
Does anyone know whether the 'full written references/statements' need to be hand written or can thy be typed?

Thanks

jlab_ebci
13th Feb 2014, 21:13
Good question Remove B flight. I have the same actually as I am 32 and never got called. I heard lot of young people called for an assessment, but always less than 25 years old.

I am wondering if I will get the chance to have an interview despite of my age.

jeehaa
14th Feb 2014, 09:38
There are multiple replies on that in this thread. Most of the ones selected are indeed below 30, but it's not limited to that. There aren't a lot of them, but there are cadets of 30+. Just not as much as some of the ones that are waiting are hoping for.

The references can be typed and do not need to be handwritten. CRC is sufficient for the country that you live in. You only apply for an airline ID once you have been assigned a 'permanent' base after Linetraining. The only ID you apply for is the RYR ID. You will need to provide (email) addresses or phone numbers from your previous employers that still exist; They will be contacted by the company that screens the applicants and are requested to fill out a couple of forms and return these to the company.

jeehaa
16th Feb 2014, 12:17
Just be honest. Don't lie, don't hide it.

JulietSierra6
21st Feb 2014, 07:58
Has anyone heard back positively from any of the January assessments?

FlightLevel360
21st Feb 2014, 08:51
Hey Guys,

is anybody else invited to join the AssesmentDay / Simscreening on 06 March 2014 in Stansted ?

capt1372
21st Feb 2014, 10:56
Hey JulietSierra6,

I was about the ask the same question today. I'm now waiting for more than 4 weeks for an answer about my assessment.

It's quite weird because my crew buddy of the assessment (PNF/PF) received a negative mail weeks ago.

Any other folks who're experiencing the same situation?! :confused:

DaCosta
21st Feb 2014, 11:09
Anyone here who didn't manage to get the school report before assessment?

JulietSierra6
21st Feb 2014, 15:46
capt1372

Ah okay. Just over 3 weeks for me. I know 4 guys who were all at assessment the same week as me and they got the bad news earlier this week unfortunately.

Im hoping no news is good news. Being patient is hard!

Serg1o
21st Feb 2014, 15:58
I went to the assessment on 7th of January, and i havent got any news yet.

Looking forward to heard something about Ryanair.......

Serg1o
25th Feb 2014, 18:10
Ive received good news today, type rating in East Midlands 5th of May.

Anyone else?

Kero145
25th Feb 2014, 18:29
Do you know if we can have a second opportunity to pass the assessment with Ryanair?? And if it's yes, after how many time after the first attempt ??

ben4395
25th Feb 2014, 20:57
no 2nd attempts at assessment/application permitted

JulietSierra6
26th Feb 2014, 07:58
Serg1o

Congrats mate!! Still no news. Did they call or was it an email? And did you get storm or Brookfield?

clvf88
26th Feb 2014, 20:53
Apologies for lack of patience, but I'm just curious to know all is ok with my application. How long after submitting your CV to CAE did it take before they confirmed it had been sent to RYR, assuming it indeed has been? I've waited a little while and have heard nothing so am becoming a little concerned it may have slipped through the cracks.

Many thanks!

Serg1o
26th Feb 2014, 21:47
Thank you JulietSierra, it has been an email from McGinley Aviation. They told me that my interview was successful and wanted to contact me by phone to arrange the type rating date. Just 5 min after the email i received a call from them, telling that my type rating start 5th of May... ill receive further information in the following days. I wish all the best guys, for me it has been almost 2 months to get an answer, so be patient.

WantingBetterTerms
1st Mar 2014, 15:49
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/535049-have-around-300-pilots-left-ryr-lately.html

DILLIGAF.
2nd Mar 2014, 08:13
I'm sorry, Wantingbetterterms, you have put a smily on that "Take a look"....do you see this as a good thing? maybe I have misunderstood your sarcasm, if this is the case! it surely cannot be a good thing that 300 or so senior Fo's have left?

OutsideCAS
2nd Mar 2014, 09:16
It is a good thing that senior FO's are leaving and that is most likely why the smiley was present DILIGAF.

Fanor
2nd Mar 2014, 17:34
Has anyone who went to any of the assessment days during February heard anything back?

mhpaviation
2nd Mar 2014, 18:27
Fanor, first week in February for me and still no news. Heard it can take up to two months though!!

speed_alive_rotate
2nd Mar 2014, 19:52
I think newly qualified guys are just happy to see some movement especially in Ryanair where they stand a chance of gaining employment straight from flight training!! I would not read any more than that into some peoples comments. After all we all have to start somewhere, and to get that first job it involves movement from others already in the industry.

OutsideCAS
2nd Mar 2014, 22:30
All dependent on your viewpoint Depone. My view just conflicts with yours, I have my reasons for thinking its good, you have an opposing view.

DILLIGAF.
3rd Mar 2014, 11:13
If you understand the reasons why these fo's are leaving, perhaps you will see things from a different perspective. Remember, this is the airline you are all so desperate to join, probably a good idea to know what is happening within the company......anyhow, if things are that rosy, if you start saving now you can have the huge watch and flash car as soon as you are have your safety pilot released....good luck:ugh:

alejandro777
4th Mar 2014, 07:54
sorry guys Iīm new here. but a quick question, can someone explain to me what Supporting Crewmember Program and Pilot Provisioning Job is? itīs on the first registration page on CAE website! :confused:

dost1k
5th Mar 2014, 12:14
Hi gyus, I am just wondering, did anyone bring a printed out electronic logbook to the RYR interview?

vapilot
6th Mar 2014, 09:52
Anyone here who was at Stansted for assessment in February and got a reply?

Fanor
6th Mar 2014, 11:28
I was there 13th February and haven't got a reply. Yourself?

JulietSierra6
6th Mar 2014, 11:32
Guys asking about February assessments hopefully no news is good news. I've been waiting since January 30th and heard nothing although some people from my day had the bad news about 3 weeks after

vapilot
6th Mar 2014, 12:30
I've been there the 3rd week in Feb but still no feedback.

alasdair101
6th Mar 2014, 15:39
Hi guys,

Looking back at comments on this thread from Serg1o it looks like its going to be a min of 6-7 weeks before we hear back if we are successful!

Was in Stansted 11th February and still no news…Hoping like everyone else that no news is good news!

Keep the patience up!! :ok:

Delta_Charlie
7th Mar 2014, 08:20
Hi guys!
Is there anyone who applied the last November and has been contacted by CAE?
Thanks.

mwaura737
7th Mar 2014, 08:31
got the same e-mail yesterday as well havent flown for a while so I will fly two hours on the da42 next week before i send my CV. fingers crossed everything works out well .question is just if there is a limit as to when you should reply to the e-mail.

Delta_Charlie
7th Mar 2014, 11:30
question is just if there is a limit as to when you should reply to the e-mail
A friend of mine replied to the email after 3-4 weeks and He got the interview! :)
He's 29!

speed_alive_rotate
8th Mar 2014, 08:28
Sorry guys might be a silly question, if you have flown a simulator in the past 6 months, eg 737 sim, would that be accepted or must it be in an actual plane??

vapilot
8th Mar 2014, 08:36
Sim doesn't count. Has to be actual flight time.

speed_alive_rotate
8th Mar 2014, 09:37
Thanks Vapilot.

mwaura737
8th Mar 2014, 13:17
thanks Delta_Charlie.'

was wondering the same thing i live in sweden and here you dont any grade for the IR/ME and CPL.. you just get pass or fail. so i dont know how to get this pappers. and Also does the one hour have to be PIC hrs??

Delta_Charlie
9th Mar 2014, 13:01
Probably they want just to know if you passed the flight test on the first attempt.
The FTO final report will be enough :ok:

Jean-Francois
14th Mar 2014, 11:17
Moi Finpilot!
I have never been contacted by CAE but I can only tell you that we also have pass/fail/partial for any skill test. You can scan the pages where the FE has signed your logbook.
Good luck,
Belgian Pilot ;-)

josemarb
14th Mar 2014, 20:42
There is also a brand new sim in Madrid.
www.simlocresearch.com (http://www.simlocresearch.com)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simloc-Research/209195615908145?hc_location=timeline

JoMate
16th Mar 2014, 20:11
Hey guys,

I am waiting for telephone interview now.
Would you mind to write some details about it please?
Were there any technical questions during it?
How long did it take?

I know that there was some information about like 3 pages before, but maybe anyone has some different news since then?

Thank in advance!

JoMate
16th Mar 2014, 20:14
Hey guys!

I am waiting for telephone interview from RYR.
Would you mind to write some information about it, please?
Were there any technical questions?
How long did it take?

I know that there was something about it like 3 pages before, but maybe someone has something different to add about it.

Thanks in advance!

migalex360
16th Mar 2014, 23:59
Hi,

My name is Miguel. I was also there on the 13th February. I have not received anything yet. u ?

By any chance are you the guy with the nice watch hehe ?

JulietSierra6
17th Mar 2014, 15:15
Received good news this morning via phone call. Amazing feeling although taken nearly 7 weeks so I advise patience to anyone waiting. If anyone else received the same news and will be starting type rating 19th May, PM me.

vapilot
17th Mar 2014, 16:43
JulietSierra6: Congrats, man!!! Did you also get an email? Or was the first thing the call? Good luck in the TR!

mhpaviation
18th Mar 2014, 07:36
Me as well 19th of May :) My assessment was on the 5th of February and heard the good news yesterday, so almost six weeks.

landing lighter
18th Mar 2014, 21:59
Congrats to everybody who had good news recently, and the unsuccessful should keep fighting.
I am just wondering what is the average waiting period between initial application through CAE's website and first contact email.
Feel free to write your experience.
Good luck to everybody.

jeehaa
19th Mar 2014, 09:26
The thread is only 203 pages long...

Press: "Search this Thread" in the right top
Type: "(wait(ing)) mail application" and press enter or "Go"

;)

Good luck on the wait

Delta_Charlie
19th Mar 2014, 10:24
Dear landing lighter,

The average waiting period with regard to my flight schoolmates is 10-11 months, anyway there are some lucky cases, like two brothers that received the first email just in 1 week! Unlucky guys have been waiting for almost 2 years.
I am waiting since last November.

Be patient, study and above all,

Good luck!

landing lighter
19th Mar 2014, 11:37
Tanks for the info. It seems that Patience is key!

Aleboni
19th Mar 2014, 15:42
Is there someone Who has applied with two different mail in CAE website for the program?

alejandro777
19th Mar 2014, 21:42
Please guys could someone explain to me what Supporting Crewmember Program and Pilot Provisioning Job is? itīs on the first registration page on CAE website! I would really appreciate it!

vasterlund
25th Mar 2014, 15:00
Has anyone been at an interview twice?

Kero145
25th Mar 2014, 19:02
I failed the assessment once 3 years ago and since 1 year I have reapplied … but nothing!
I would like to know too if we can have a second chance to have an assessment???

clvf88
25th Mar 2014, 21:19
You are repeatedly asked during the selection process if you have previously applied, which would lead me to imagine no. On the contrary, I do know of someone going back for a ‘second attempt’, but this was 3 years later and he was an internal applicant (cabin crew).

I know this has been done to death, but of late what are peoples experiences on the duration between assessment and results? From everyone I’ve spoken to (though this is only a sample of two people) its been 5-7 weeks for both a yes and a no answer. Has anyone whom has attended the assessment in 2014 had a shorter wait or has this now become the norm?

mhpaviation
26th Mar 2014, 09:48
My friends friend was called twice for interview and got the job on second attempt. When I were there on my interview I asked them if I could apply again if I would be unsuccessful. They told me a cooling period of one year then you can apply again.

I had my good news 5 and a half weeks after assessment.

ValePilot
26th Mar 2014, 22:26
How many years ago was your friend called again? I failed my interview in June 2013. My application is there...but nothing...:\

annita
27th Mar 2014, 01:55
I applied since 2011, first time pass, 98% average , 300 TT never heard anything back.

I keep updating my profile but I guess its random

Pittslover
28th Mar 2014, 09:24
Are they still very strict on the ATPL subject attempts?

TL638
28th Mar 2014, 21:22
Just for those who are wondering timescales... My experience as follows.

Integrated OAA graduate 97% first time passes in all theory / flight tests, CV sent from OAA to Ryanair on 29th Jan. Telephone interview 18th Feb inviting me to assessment the next week.

Had my assessment 25th Feb, got positive news 3 weeks one day later. Type rating initially June but was called the next day to offer me a place on the May course due to a cancellation.

One Dutch guy on my assessment graduated from CAE in Nov 2012, so he had a long wait even though he was an integrated student with CAE.

Hope this helps steady your nerves, and good luck if you are awaiting an assessment!

Pilot1002
31st Mar 2014, 20:19
Hy guys, I applied Nov 2012 at FR but NO ANSWER till now... I donīt understand this system, how is it going?
I heard, that FR have approx. 4000 CVīs in database and they need 600 Pilots this year.
So they take every sixth CV and invite these guys.
A friend of mine got an invitation 3 weeks ago and applied 4 months after me.

Itīs forbidden to contact any rectuitment team, otherwise you can be disqualified, so I donīt know what to do...I become desperate :(

speed_alive_rotate
31st Mar 2014, 21:01
It is forbidden to promote your cv with nearly every company in the world. However, particularly in the aviation industry, if you know a certain somebody in the HR Dept, it helps to get your CV bumped up the pile!!!
Not saying I do, just contacts and networking is key to a first job, especially in aviation!

cefey
1st Apr 2014, 11:46
Is there any good books to prepare for the interview?

Can someone tell/update, what kind of stuff they do ask in the phone interview, HR, SIM, etc?

Thanks!

eriknandez24
2nd Apr 2014, 11:12
Hi!! Could I know how long took in your case since the asessment until the good news? Cause today makes 5 weeks for me. Thank you:)

Danyboyswe
3rd Apr 2014, 08:18
How long did you guys have to wait since sending CV to the next email?

landing lighter
4th Apr 2014, 10:18
Hi everybody,
Does anyone know if the ''1 hour of actual aircraft time in the last 6 months'' has to be on a Multi engine or a Single engine ?

I would be interested to know the information requested by Danyboyswe and cefey as well.

Bobermo
4th Apr 2014, 12:47
Just as it states: ''1 hour of actual aircraft time in the last 6 months''

A SEP is a actual aircraft is it?!:ok:

With me it took almost 9 weeks after the assessment until I received the positive news, in general, everybody waiting for longer than 3 weeks gets positive news.

clvf88
4th Apr 2014, 16:52
Bobermo, could I ask you for your sample size to substantiate that claim? I know of two people, both waited 7 weeks, one got a yes and the other a no.

immelmann87
6th Apr 2014, 08:08
I have the same question as Danyboyswe:

How long did you guys have to wait since sending CV to the next email?Also, is this "1 MB" requirement for scanned CPL/IR/ME copies followed strictly? In my case, I had 8 sheets of paper and to have just a readable quality of the scans (even in B&W) requires slightly more than 1 MB. Could this be the reason for rejection?

Edit:
Answer to my own question ;) :
Slightly more than 1 MB for CPL/IR/ME papers appears to be acceptable for Ryan's recruitment team.

Bobermo
6th Apr 2014, 15:23
My experience is based on about 25 people, 20 yes 5 no.
Good luck everyone!

josemarb
6th Apr 2014, 18:42
guys do you know if there will be any assesment at the end of april?
:)

Pittslover
6th Apr 2014, 23:37
Do you know if they all had first time passes in their ATPL exams?

eriknandez24
8th Apr 2014, 12:01
Hi guys!! Anyone on East Midlands on 16th june?

PM please!! thank you:)

doc5
8th Apr 2014, 19:21
Hi.
Could someone please give a rough figure on what percentage of applicants ryanair actually take on?

do ryanair take on irish pilots?
Thanks

josemarb
11th Apr 2014, 17:17
Any news? Somebody knows if there are assesments in April?

Nikonair
11th Apr 2014, 22:42
I'd say about 1 in 5 And things like: "they don't take on this or that nationality" is just urban legend.