PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

PPRuNeUser0214
5th Apr 2018, 15:43
Anyone here attending an assessment da

pilotczj
5th Apr 2018, 15:50
A friend of mine applied the 9th and got the call last friday(30th). I have applied the 18th and i am still waiting

Could you please confirm that your friend applied on the given date or got the application completed mail on the 9th of march? I am just curious because I applied on the 7th, and got the application completed on the 20th of March and no calls yet.

Thank you :)

Porcellino
5th Apr 2018, 16:24
Could you please confirm that your friend applied on the given date or got the application completed mail on the 9th of march? I am just curious because I applied on the 7th, and got the application completed on the 20th of March and no calls yet.

Hi, I applied on the 4th of March, I received an email on the 9th saying that the application was incomplete due to flight school report.

Got another email on the 28th to tell that they will call me for an assessment.
They call me on the 3rd of April to verify licence dates and that I passed ATPL and skill tests first attempt.
Assessment date is on the 18th of April in Dublin.

itchybumba
5th Apr 2018, 17:38
I applied on the 6th March. On the same day i had an email from them saying they had received my application but at that stage i had not uploaded all the required documents. I finished uploading later that day but have heard nothing since.

The 'application complete' email that people are referring to - is that the same one in which they say they are going to call you..... ie thats the one i am waiting for?

I am damn certain that all the application is complete and i have uploaded all the correct documents so i am a bit perplexed why i havent received an application complete email!!

J74
5th Apr 2018, 18:06
Any info or update about the assessment in Stansted for Experience B737=?
Thanks in advance

Porcellino
5th Apr 2018, 18:36
The 'application complete' email that people are referring to - is that the same one in which they say they are going to call you..... ie thats the one i am waiting for?
When I got the email saying that mine was not complete it was due to only uploading my ATPL results, did it through BGS, and not the flight school report, so I sent an email asking what exactly was the flight report. A guy reply within the hour.
After I uploaded the document I got an email saying the application was complete, different to the one stating that I'll get the call. It was shortly after uploading the document.
I'll say send them an email just to double check that all documents are correct.

Kinbo
5th Apr 2018, 18:40
Is it a good idea to contact them to ask an update on the application?

In the application, what did you put in the field TR number?

Kinbo
5th Apr 2018, 18:53
A friend of mine applied the 9th and got the call last friday(30th). I have applied the 18th and i am still waiting

He got a call on good Friday? A known bank holiday. :=

Dynamite995
5th Apr 2018, 19:20
At first I did not know that the CPL and ME/IR results were necessary, I thought just my license was enough, so I added the CPL/ME/IR results after 13 days when I found out here.

Didn't get any emails about incomplete application in the meantime. And of course no "application complete" email yet.

I find it odd how some of you got the "application incomplete" email so fast, even on the same day as your application, and I did not get any warning about it before adding my CPL results, even though it's been almost 2 weeks between applying and adding the missing stuff.

Also I have one more question, what did you guys write under "Total Flying Hours" in the application? Did you count your simulator time, or only aircraft time? I am fresh out of flight school so I have only 142 aircraft hours, so I wrote that just in case. With sim time it would be 197 hours.

Porcellino
5th Apr 2018, 21:30
He got a call on good Friday? A known bank holiday. :=
They call from Netherlands, 30th is not Bank Holiday in there, only Monday 2nd ;)

yankee.romeo
6th Apr 2018, 09:14

He applied a couple of days before the 9th. He received a mail saying his application was completed the 9th.....i applicated the same days but the 16th i received a mail saying my application was incomplete(i forgot to upload a file), after that i received the mail the 18th, so i consider my application started that day....fingers crossed

pilotczj
6th Apr 2018, 11:14
He applied a couple of days before the 9th. He received a mail saying his application was completed the 9th.....i applicated the same days but the 16th i received a mail saying my application was incomplete(i forgot to upload a file), after that i received the mail the 18th, so i consider my application started that day....fingers crossed

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope the mail arrives next week, keep us updated if you receive the mail :)

hubabuba254
6th Apr 2018, 11:39
Hi fellows,

I applied on 19th march and today received mail about complete application. Wish you luck and will keep you updated further.

Dynamite995
6th Apr 2018, 22:31
Hi fellows,

I applied on 19th march and today received mail about complete application. Wish you luck and will keep you updated further.

That's good to hear, I applied 3 days before you but nothing yet... maybe I can expect something soon.

Though I think I may have "delayed" my application by not uploading all documents at once, stupid me... let's see what happens next week.

Aeromet2.0
7th Apr 2018, 00:22
Hi guys,

In the Package they only require our Logbooks and copy of the last two pages.
But do you usually go with your official documents wich details Flying hours, or is not necesary?

I suppose is not necesary, but with modular ATPL I don´t Know really.

Is anyone for Assesment 10th? at 8.00. (PM if someone goes)

Good Luck again for everyone, its beautiful how aviation is growing after years without future and a lot of my coleagues has entry on Ryanair or similar Airlines with incredible Aircrafts to start like those 737NG.

cavok82
7th Apr 2018, 06:43
At first I did not know that the CPL and ME/IR results were necessary, I thought just my license was enough, so I added the CPL/ME/IR results after 13 days when I found out here.

Didn't get any emails about incomplete application in the meantime. And of course no "application complete" email yet.

I find it odd how some of you got the "application incomplete" email so fast, even on the same day as your application, and I did not get any warning about it before adding my CPL results, even though it's been almost 2 weeks between applying and adding the missing stuff.

Also I have one more question, what did you guys write under "Total Flying Hours" in the application? Did you count your simulator time, or only aircraft time? I am fresh out of flight school so I have only 142 aircraft hours, so I wrote that just in case. With sim time it would be 197 hours.

By CPL, ME/IR results You mean exam report ?

hubabuba254
7th Apr 2018, 09:21

I attached CPL, IR/ME exam reports and received application completed email.

Slipstream86
7th Apr 2018, 10:02
I’ve recieved the email from CAE regarding the phone call in the next 14 days.

Comes at an awkward time actually, I’ll be working in Abu Dhabi and don’t answer calls on my personal phone when I’m away to save racking up enormous phone bills. Can anyone provide the number which they call you from so I can watch out for it?

Cheers

flyfan
7th Apr 2018, 10:11
I’ve recieved the email from CAE regarding the phone call in the next 14 days.

Comes at an awkward time actually, I’ll be working in Abu Dhabi and don’t answer calls on my personal phone when I’m away to save racking up enormous phone bills. Can anyone provide the number which they call you from so I can watch out for it?

Cheers

It's a number from the Netherlands. Maybe this helps

Dynamite995
7th Apr 2018, 11:38

I mean the reports from my CPL and ME/IR skill test, both in one flight in my case.

Slipstream86
7th Apr 2018, 12:17
It's a number from the Netherlands. Maybe this helps

Thanks very much

Porcellino
7th Apr 2018, 23:09
cavok82, found an example online, mine looks similar but has a little bit more info about my ATPL studies and flying hours and a few more written lines.
Petter Natvig - Flight School Report (http://aviavol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=258)

Hope this helps

TheSkiingPilot
8th Apr 2018, 09:09
I applied to Ryanair in March 2016, and received a rejection in March 2017. I understand that after a rejection, one cannot create a new application, but instead can update their application. The problem is, I cannot 'EDIT' my application, but can only 'VIEW' it. I have a friend in a very similar situation, who can 'EDIT' their application. I just want to know what I can do to edit all the changes to my old information, like medical expiry date, total hours, and so-forth.

Thanks guys!

Quistgaard
9th Apr 2018, 12:40
Hello Quistgaard,
did you do simulator first or the interview?
did you have the possibility to choose?

Thanks!

Interview first. No choosing :-)

XanderFly
9th Apr 2018, 16:12
Interview first. No choosing :-)Except when you notify the assessor that you have a flight to catch, he might schedule in the morning group. They are pretty flexible.

XanderFly
9th Apr 2018, 16:13
Thanks very muchIn my case it was +31 26 567 XX XX. My iPhone showed ‘Haarlem’ as origin from the call.

9th Apr 2018, 16:50
Hi everyone,
here some feed back about the assessment done on the 3rd of April :

INTERVIEW

1st Technical questions:
- the guy looked my log book and ask me some questions about my previous aircraft flown and when i've completed PPL/CPL/MEIR
- skill test attempt
- tell me about the DR400, the MS 893 what is the main difference between these two
- explain how leading edge flaps work and what are they use for
- carburetor explanations/risks, is there any possibilities of carburetor icing if the OAT is 30°
- tell me about the engine on the C172, fuel consumption (L and USG), what the advantage with fuel injection, then MTOM of the C172
- what the effects of the altitude on the performance/ explain why

2nd HR:
- few questions on my resume
- why did you start an aviation career at 28 year old
- new contract what do you think
- did you apply somewhere else
- which airline would you choose

I might do not remember everything but it was quiet quick.

SIMULATOR

PF 1st:
- with WAL 2T from Liverpool runway 27, flight directors on
- after that FD off for general handling, turns/climb/descent
- then the examiner ask the PM about our position on the approach chart
- intercept R090 from WAL vor
- a litle bite before the interception the number 1 ask to talk with the PF
- hill passenger (DODAR/NITS)
- back to Liverpool via radar vectors and ILS R27

Almost the same as PM but we get some smoke in the cabin.

End of the assessment.

Positive answer on the 6th of April.

Good Luck Folks.

C43
9th Apr 2018, 20:29
Hi everyone,
here some feed back about the assessment done on the 3rd of April :

INTERVIEW

1st Technical questions:
- the guy looked my log book and ask me some questions about my previous aircraft flown and when i've completed PPL/CPL/MEIR
- skill test attempt
- tell me about the DR400, the MS 893 what is the main difference between these two
- explain how leading edge flaps work and what are they use for
- carburetor explanations/risks, is there any possibilities of carburetor icing if the OAT is 30°
- tell me about the engine on the C172, fuel consumption (L and USG), what the advantage with fuel injection, then MTOM of the C172
- what the effects of the altitude on the performance/ explain why

2nd HR:
- few questions on my resume
- why did you start an aviation career at 28 year old
- new contract what do you think
- did you apply somewhere else
- which airline would you choose

I might do not remember everything but it was quiet quick.

SIMULATOR

PF 1st:
- with WAL 2T from Liverpool runway 27, flight directors on
- after that FD off for general handling, turns/climb/descent
- then the examiner ask the PM about our position on the approach chart
- intercept R090 from WAL vor
- a litle bite before the interception the number 1 ask to talk with the PF
- hill passenger (DODAR/NITS)
- back to Liverpool via radar vectors and ILS R27

Almost the same as PM but we get some smoke in the cabin.

End of the assessment.

Positive answer on the 6th of April.

Good Luck Folks.

Agewise I'm in a similar situation as you as you (28) and I was wondering how did you reply to that question?

YAKfiftyfive
10th Apr 2018, 13:42
Since this forum really helped me, this was my experience. I got the positive reply today, 2 days after doing the interview.

We were only 4 persons for the interview. The assessor was very friendly and really tried to help us out. First they gave us a briefing about the sim and some points about the EFIS, throttle settings, speeds, configuration, etc. This is the time to ask anything you are not sure about.

The examiner then gave us the SID and APP plates for Liverpool. WAL 2T and ILS 27. He gave us our departure clearance, WAL 2T, non-standard altitude, 5000ft and briefed the SID and told us he only wanted to hear the essential parts of the briefing and that he wanted us to verify all coms/nav and other settings as we briefed the SID. And that he didnt want us to be doing the takeoff briefing in the sim so to brief that before hand with our partner. He also said that calling out the checklists was not necessary and that he would do them anyway but that if we were in the habit of calling them out, then to call them out anyway.

I was first for the technical/HR interview. First the examiner looked at my log book and asked me a few questions about my hours. Then we spoke quite a bit about the places I lived before and the current situations (very chill chat). Then he asked me which airplane I flew the most (c172).

Technical:

What engine did the 172 have? IO-360

What does the I stand for? Injected. What does the O stand for? Opposed.

So does it have a carburetor?

If it was 18 degrees and we went flying, could we get carb ice? Why?

Its 4 degrees in Dublin and we go flying, at what altitude would we encounter the freezing level?

What do you know about Ryanair's 737?

Whats the difference between a piston engine and a gas engine?

HR:

What have you been doing after your training?

Why did you choose your school?

Were you happy with the instructors?

Why did you decide to do your JOC in an A320?

Do you know anyone in Ryanair?

Would you be willing to move to Europe? (I dont live in Europe at the moment)

How long do you plan to stay in Europe? (Probably to see if my intentions were to build quick hours and go somewhere else)

What are some of your strengths?

What are some of your weaknesses?

Give me 3 reasons you want to work for Ryanair

I might be forgetting some. It sounds like a lot but it actually just felt like a chat and went by very quickly and was a rather pleasant conversation.

Sim assessment:

My partner and I went first. I started as PM on the right seat. We briefed and set up at the same time like we were asked to do. Then we asked for the before take off checklist and the examiner read it out loud. Got the departure clearance and took off RWY 27.

It was fly heading 268 and intercept the WAL 118 radial. Turn starts at 1.5nm so be alert for that (good to mention this on the departure briefing). Then fly some headings, headings then intercept radials. We had a sick passenger. Doctor on board said it was only getting worse. We did DODAR then NITS. Decided to return. We called atc and got vectors for the ILS 27. The PF handed me controls and briefed and set up for the approach. Then I handed controls back to him. The examiner asked us where we thought we were. I read the QRM and DME distance and said that was enough. We did the ILS, broke out of the clouds at around 800ft. The landing was a unstable so I called a go-around. We did the go-around without any problem and we were set up again for an approach and this time we did a successful landing.

Then my turn as PF, I remained in the right seat. Same exact thing except there was a security threat at DUB and the airport was closed. Again, DODAR + NITS and decided to return to land. Again vectors for the ILS.

Most important thing. SPEAK a lot. Say all your intentions to your partner. Ask him to help you with everything and you should help him with anything he might miss or even just remind him of the altitudes or headings by saying approaching xxxxft, approaching xxx HDG. Everything will come rather fast if you are not used to it and we are all concentrated in flying the plane and not missing anything that we are bound to miss something so help your partner out because you will be assessed in that too. Don't make any decision without first consulting your PM.

Don't worry if you make a mistake, I made a few mistakes as well but if you detect them, do correct them. One of my mistakes was that for the departure, in the MCP I selected radial 118 instead of our course which was 298. The PM didn't realize either. The examiner was helpful and asked what our outbound course was going to be and what did we think should be selected for our course. So we quickly realized that and changed it. Dont stress about it and just say, you are correct, I missed that, thank you for the help and get on with the flight. I still got accepted so one or two mistakes does not set the outcome.

The other guys doing the interview seemed to have gotten a few more difficult questions while another only got 2 technical questions and a lot of HR questions with the HR guy trying to make him nervous. Don't worry about that and continue talking normally with a smile. It's just to see how you react to the situation.

I used pprune and ACE to prepare as well as google and my old ATPL books. Just have some general knowledge and it should be enough. Try not to lead them to any question that you are not sure of. For example, if you are not sure about Dutch Roll and you are asked what the Yaw Damper is for, it might be good to mention to prevent yaw and roll oscillations and not say to prevent dutch roll because you can bet that the next question will be, what is dutch roll?

Anyways, that was my experience and as you can see it varies somewhat from candidate to candidate but nothing that hasn't already been mentioned here. Dress smart, have a good positive attitude, good manners and keep on a smile. Good luck.

Aeroman27
10th Apr 2018, 18:54
Hello!

Does anyone know if someone who is type rated and experienced on another Boeing airplane would still have to do the whole cadet program with full length line training? I have one year experience as F/O on a heavy Boeing (Not 737, so I don't qualify for direct entry F/O). I've been called for assessment by the end of this month and wouldn't know if asking this would be misinterpreted as trying to take shortcuts :=

Thanks

Skyhigh_
11th Apr 2018, 08:08
Hello!

Does anyone know if someone who is type rated and experienced on another Boeing airplane would still have to do the whole cadet program with full length line training? I have one year experience as F/O on a heavy Boeing (Not 737, so I don't qualify for direct entry F/O). I've been called for assessment by the end of this month and wouldn't know if asking this would be misinterpreted as trying to take shortcuts :=

Thanks
Yes I believe you have to go through the whole programme regardless of your one year experience on a heavy Boeing

adcast
11th Apr 2018, 09:31
Indeed, that's a normal mail. No need to panic :ok:

Well, at the end i was right. I received today the email ..."Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.
Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline (or CAE) to provide additional feedback regarding your application"...

I was expecting this cos i've never got the "application completed" email. I don't really understand their criteria for calling someone for the assessment or not.
Since the first moment they contacted me interested in my application they had already my resume, aeronautical background, experience, etc. There was only missing some Flight school report and stuff like that.

Anyway, very good luck to all who have been called.

Regards!

Dynamite995
11th Apr 2018, 13:21
Well, at the end i was right. I received today the email ..."Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.
Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline (or CAE) to provide additional feedback regarding your application"...

I was expecting this cos i've never got the "application completed" email. I don't really understand their criteria for calling someone for the assessment or not.
Since the first moment they contacted me interested in my application they had already my resume, aeronautical background, experience, etc. There was only missing some Flight school report and stuff like that.

Regards!

Hi, when did you apply? I applied on March 16, no response yet.

11th Apr 2018, 13:46

Agewise I'm in a similar situation as you as you (28) and I was wondering how did you reply to that question?

Hi C43,

About the question on my age,
I simply said that i was not able to afford this kind of training earlier due to the huge amount of money involved.

That was all they didn't try to deep more !!

gliderman13
11th Apr 2018, 18:17
Hi guys!

Can anyone, from people who have been called, confirm that you recieved "application completed" e-mail from CAE? I have applied on March 26th, no documents missing and haven't recieved any further messages except: "Thank you for applying to the Ryanair TR program. We can confirm we have received your online application. For your reference, your training request number is TR-00000*******. If your application is selected to proceed, we will contact you in the future."

Thanks

Aeroman27
11th Apr 2018, 21:32
Hi guys!

Can anyone, from people who have been called, confirm that you recieved "application completed" e-mail from CAE? I have applied on March 26th, no documents missing and haven't recieved any further messages except: "Thank you for applying to the Ryanair TR program. We can confirm we have received your online application. For your reference, your training request number is TR-00000*******. If your application is selected to proceed, we will contact you in the future."

Thanks

I would call that stage 1. When you create your application, you receive that automated response. In my case, a few months after that, I received an email, non-automated, saying my application was incomplete and that I should reply to that email whenever I completed it. I uploaded whatever was missing and replied to that email as instructed (the email has to contain certain text that they need for tracking). A day or two later I received the "application complete" email which also said to expect a call. A week later I received the call inviting me to the assessment.
Summing up, before they call you, you will receive an email that says they will call you.

gliderman13
12th Apr 2018, 08:01

Regards!

As I can see in your profile you come from Mexico. If you read carefully Ryr entry requirements there is written clearly that applicant must hold an EU passport. In my opinion this may be a reason in your case.

Regards!

MaverickPrime
12th Apr 2018, 15:06
Just out of interest, do any of you guys called for assessment recently have any ATPL resits on your record?

sfarxo
12th Apr 2018, 15:12
Just out of interest, do any of you guys called for assessment recently have any ATPL resits on your record?

I failed 4 exams on the first try, but passed them on the second. I had a successful assessment.

MaverickPrime
12th Apr 2018, 15:16
I failed 4 exams on the first try, but passed them on the second. I had a successful assessment.

:ok: thats all I needed to hear. Good luck!

adcast
12th Apr 2018, 15:47
As I can see in your profile you come from Mexico. If you read carefully Ryr entry requirements there is written clearly that applicant must hold an EU passport. In my opinion this may be a reason in your case.

Regards!

Hi gliderman13, thanks for the idea. I don´t think that is the problem. I lived two years in Mexico but I am born in Europe with EU passport. I just forgot to update my location in my profil. :ugh:

Regards

pawels93
12th Apr 2018, 15:52
Hi guys!

Thanks

Hi,
I have applied on 10th March and no response yet. I am 24 with no retakes. I didnt attached second flightt school report from school where I done my IRME at the first time and that might been a cause. Do anyone have an email to cae? I really upset because my friends already recaived emails even though they submited application after me.

Porcellino
12th Apr 2018, 18:23
Hello guys, anyone attending an assessment on the 18th of April in Dublin?

YAKfiftyfive
12th Apr 2018, 21:33
I had to resit 3 subjects, passed them all on the second attempt. One of them I barely passed lol but I still got the positive reply last week.

Dynamite995
12th Apr 2018, 23:26
Hi,
I have applied on 10th March and no response yet. I am 24 with no retakes. I didnt attached second flightt school report from school where I done my IRME at the first time and that might been a cause. Do anyone have an email to cae? I really upset because my friends already recaived emails even though they submited application after me.

Similar situation here, applied on March 16 but didn't attach CPL and IR/ME results the first time. Attached those on March 29, but no emails yet. 22 years old, no retakes and 88 percent average score on ATPL exams.

Maybe your application goes into the "pot" only when you upload all documents on the CAE site.

Bunchygryphon
13th Apr 2018, 09:00

19th for me , best of luck

YAKfiftyfive
13th Apr 2018, 10:37
Is anyone on FR1809 at EMA?

XDXD
13th Apr 2018, 14:51
Yes, me! :) Contact me if u want

Porcellino
14th Apr 2018, 10:18
Yes, me! :) Contact me if u want Trying to send a PM but I can´t, make sure you have the option enable for people to send you private messages. If not feel free to send me a message.

Good luck for you too Bunchygryphon! I´ll try to post my experience soon so it could help other people.

XDXD
14th Apr 2018, 10:56
Trying to send a PM but I can´t, make sure you have the option enable for people to send you private messages. If not feel free to send me a message.

Good luck for you too Bunchygryphon! I´ll try to post my experience soon so it could help other people.

Write me an email at [email protected] ! :)

Clearskies123
14th Apr 2018, 11:50
Is anyone on FR1809 at EMA?

I am! Do you know if there's a group on FB or WhatsApp?

girlpower
14th Apr 2018, 16:59
Can anyone confirm whether or not the requirement to transfer your UK Issued EASA licence to an Irish one is still in place?

Many thanks
gp

CharlieTangoCharlie
14th Apr 2018, 18:54
Can anyone confirm whether or not the requirement to transfer your UK Issued EASA licence to an Irish one is still in place?

Many thanks
gp

Yep, need to convert it to IAA. Costs £450 :mad:

girlpower
14th Apr 2018, 19:29
Thank you very much.

downeydub
15th Apr 2018, 09:05
Hi All

I thought I would share my experience from my assessment last week.

First application May 2015. Unsuccessful

Second application. Created new account with CAE in January 2018.
Confirmation of completed app 13/3/18
Email to confirm call within 14 days 15/03/18
Call received 28/03/18.
Assessment 11/04/18
Positive email 13/04/18

I have seen people ask can you apply a second time. I did and was successful. HR asked me what happened the first time and I was just honest with them,fresh out of flight training, went in to confident and cocky.
Asked had I applied elsewhere and that was really all from HR.

Tech questions

Engines on BE76
Landing gear on same, AC or DC hydraulic or electric. How do you extend in emergency.
How many emergency exits in the cabin of 737 800
How many passengers 737800 and MAX

Nothing that hasnt been asked before. Interview was very relaxed had a good laugh about past experience.

Stay calm know your IR aircraft inside out and you will be fine.

Best of luck

YAKfiftyfive
15th Apr 2018, 14:28
I am! Do you know if there's a group on FB or WhatsApp?
There is a group on fb called Ryanair Type Rating FR1809. I can't post the link because I don't have 10 post yets and I don't think you have the option to receive messages on pprune activate it so can't send it to you. Would be nice to meet some people before the course starts so feel free to join!

manu848
15th Apr 2018, 19:28
Hey guys, thanks for sharing the precious info.

I am schedule for the assessment on the 3 rd of May. If anybody wants to team up for a sim prep at simtech the day before let me know!

cheers and best of luck

Skyhigh_
16th Apr 2018, 10:05
Hey guys, thanks for sharing the precious info.

I am schedule for the assessment on the 3 rd of May. If anybody wants to team up for a sim prep at simtech the day before let me know!

cheers and best of luck

Beware of the SIM at Simtech, it is nowhere near the one at Ryanair

Cadet737B
16th Apr 2018, 10:13
I go the 1st of May, how is the Upilot sim?

Cadet737B
16th Apr 2018, 11:36
Recommendations then?

flyfan
16th Apr 2018, 12:04
@Cadet737B

I’m not sure what rock you’ve been living under but Upilot are extremely highly regarded amongst people who have gone for ryanair assessments, including myself and a significant number of my colleagues. If you can’t fly the upilot sim then you shouldn’t be flying, end of story. The feel system in upilots sim has very little to do with how you perform in the ryanair assessment.

Even this thread alone, if you look back over it for the past number of years you will see the large number of recommendations and referrals from pilots who have used upilot for their assessment prep sessions and who have subsequently been successful at the ryanair assessment.

Skyhigh's opinion to uPilot isn't very neutral. Here's another opinion. Just fyi...
I went there too and cannot recommend them enough - you don't need to be a pilot to be good at preparing you for an assessement. Flying is only a part of the assessement and of the preparation; briefing pack, MCC, briefing, tips/tricks, tech questions - all of this is covered by uPilot and tailored to the airline.

Bunchygryphon
16th Apr 2018, 12:21
Hey people is anyone having the intervieuw on tge 19th please let me know . Cheers

bushpilotks
16th Apr 2018, 13:13
19th for me , best of luck

Hi, bud im there on the 19th as well for the assessment. Let me know if you want to chat before hand?

PPRuNeUser0214
16th Apr 2018, 13:55
Anyone here booked onto a TR

bushpilotks
16th Apr 2018, 20:50
Hey people is anyone having the intervieuw on tge 19th please let me know . Cheers

I'm on the 19th, arriving dublin on the 18th, staying at premier inn.

Martinfrank
17th Apr 2018, 07:07
Yes i am, feel free to contact me. I am staying at Premier Inn 😃

OOVNI
17th Apr 2018, 08:12
Highly agree with @flyfan. I don't know if our opinion is neutral or not, but it's the opinion having been through the sim prep and interview successfully. Absolutely no reason for the bad publicity for uPilot, he is very effective in gearing you up for the interview. Of course, it is up to you to do the rest.

Btw, anyone else for CAE1805 in AMS?

V0LC0M
17th Apr 2018, 11:44
- First assessment unsuccessful -
Someone has created a second profile from 2016 forward with succesful call?

I really appreciate your help¡

Skyhigh123456
17th Apr 2018, 12:24
Hi, anyone who applied around 15th of March and got a call yet? Kind regards.

Skyhigh123456
17th Apr 2018, 12:30
and Volcom yes, you should be able to re-apply.

V0LC0M
17th Apr 2018, 15:15
Creating another profile will disqualify you.... check below snapshot taken from the CAE website

How is this possible then? :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Hi All

I thought I would share my experience from my assessment last week.

First application May 2015. Unsuccessful

Second application. Created new account with CAE in January 2018.
Confirmation of completed app 13/3/18
Email to confirm call within 14 days 15/03/18
Call received 28/03/18.
Assessment 11/04/18
Positive email 13/04/18

I have seen people ask can you apply a second time. I did and was successful. HR asked me what happened the first time and I was just honest with them,fresh out of flight training, went in to confident and cocky.
Asked had I applied elsewhere and that was really all from HR.

Tech questions

Engines on BE76
Landing gear on same, AC or DC hydraulic or electric. How do you extend in emergency.
How many emergency exits in the cabin of 737 800
How many passengers 737800 and MAX

Nothing that hasnt been asked before. Interview was very relaxed had a good laugh about past experience.

Stay calm know your IR aircraft inside out and you will be fine.

Best of luck

Jaair
17th Apr 2018, 17:42
How is this possible then? :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

You don't get disqualified per se, your original application will be the only valid one. Any duplicates will be ignored (as clearly stated in the FAQ screenshot).

kevkovsky
17th Apr 2018, 19:03
Is anyone attending the assessment on the 9th of May?

Rift8
18th Apr 2018, 06:22
Hi all

Does anyone know what the assessment entails for DE captains? I have an interview next month and it seems all the sites that prepare your for interview only focus on helping cadets and first officers.

Also, I am curious about the NDB approaches that is talked about. Is that an NDB only approach? And if so, do you fly it manually? Or on FMC/CANPA on autopilot? Or Raw data but on Autopilot? I have to admit the prospect of doing that in raw data (in any form in 738) scares the #$%^ out of me. ;-)

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0214
18th Apr 2018, 11:17
Anybody here on cae

downeydub
18th Apr 2018, 12:00
Is anybody on the CAE 1806 in AMS? PM me to set up WhatsApp or FB group

ecotango
19th Apr 2018, 04:31
Hi guys,
I wanted to share my feedback on uPilot.

I went there on March, the day before the assessment, I bought the 3 hours package.
The guy was very professional and friendly.
We went through many questions you might expect at the assessment, either HR and technical.

I found the sim part extremely helpful, he gave me tips and hints throughout the session, letting me note them down when needed. We did the assessment profiles, briefings, and emergencies included.
We repeated all the parts that we deemed necessary to.

As for the sim yoke, frankly it was difficult.
Not because of the missing feedback, c'mon not so many flight schools have a feedback on the sim yoke.
In my opinion the problem was something to do with the springs inside the yoke system. It didn't have an equilibrium point, i.e. it was very difficult to trim and keep it there.

It turned out that since I had to focus hard on the attitude during the prep, the following day at the sim it went smoother than expected (at least the a/c handling).

I passed the assessment and in either case I would absolutely recommend uPilot for the prep. Very high quality / cost ratio.

If they fixed the yoke it'd be excellent!

Good luck fellas. :ok:
F

julia1992
19th Apr 2018, 11:19
hello,

is anybody here for CAE1807 in AMS?

felixtojal
19th Apr 2018, 17:41
Hi,
Anybody here for the tr FR1811 at EMA?

Caddk
20th Apr 2018, 11:07
Highly agree with @flyfan. I don't know if our opinion is neutral or not, but it's the opinion having been through the sim prep and interview successfully. Absolutely no reason for the bad publicity for uPilot, he is very effective in gearing you up for the interview. Of course, it is up to you to do the rest.

Btw, anyone else for CAE1805 in AMS?

I am also going to be with you at CAE1805 AMS

Chris Grundtvigsen - ADD me on facebook If you like

pilotczj
20th Apr 2018, 13:13
Anyone attending the assessment on the 2nd of May? :)

Dynamite995
20th Apr 2018, 18:25
I got the application incomplete email yesterday (applied March 16).

They told me that my MCC certificate is missing and my flight school report doesn't state the number of attempts for CPL and ME/IR, but it clearly says " ...... has passed the Assessment of Competence and was issued a CPL with ME/IR...".
I uploaded the missing MCC certificate and replied to them pointing out the sentence quoted above.

Anyone had a similar case with the flight school report?

fr1807
20th Apr 2018, 18:38
hello,

is anybody here for CAE1807 in AMS?

Search for our group on facebook "fr1807 type rating east midlands"

Another Biggles
20th Apr 2018, 19:14
Hi Dynamite995, I have a similar issue. Was told my Flight School Report was ambiguous as it didn't state how many attempts it took to achieve my CPL (even though my CPL pass certificate states "First Series Pass", which by definition means I must have taken two attempts). Instead, I've contacted my school to get a few extra words added to my School Report, and was told by CAE once that's done to upload the amended document and inform them.

Just contact your school to get them to amend the document. Might delay you by a week or two, but it's best to get it right :)

Dynamite995
20th Apr 2018, 19:23
Hi Dynamite995, I have a similar issue. Was told my Flight School Report was ambiguous as it didn't state how many attempts it took to achieve my CPL (even though my CPL pass certificate states "First Series Pass", which by definition means I must have taken two attempts). Instead, I've contacted my school to get a few extra words added to my School Report, and was told by CAE once that's done to upload the amended document and inform them.

Just contact your school to get them to amend the document. Might delay you by a week or two, but it's best to get it right :)

My mistake, quoted the sentence wrong in my post. It says " ...... has on first attempt passed the Assessment of Competence and was issued a CPL with ME/IR...".
I called my flight school and was told that this statement confirms that I passed CPL and MEIR on first attempt. Replied to CAE pointing out that statement, let's see what happens now...

Slipstream86
21st Apr 2018, 08:05
Recieved the email about the phone call in 14 days. Those days have now passed and I was not contacted.

There were complications regarding my contactibility however: I’d been sent overseas to work for most of those 14 days, and I wasn’t able to listen to my personal voicemail messages on a foreign network. I sent CAE an email explaining that they should contact me on my company number instead for the 10 days I was away. There was no email reply or phone call.

Presumably I can’t contact them in any way, they would see it as canvassing.

Cadet737B
21st Apr 2018, 10:53
If there's anyone for the 1st May, Im up for a chat

Kinbo
22nd Apr 2018, 17:13
I noticed that my training request number had changed (to a lot bigger one)..wonder what that means?

PilotJamie
22nd Apr 2018, 18:01
I noticed that my training request number had changed (to a lot bigger one)..wonder what that means?

Have you already had an assessment? Maybe changes when youre going for the second attempt?

AviationFORLIFE
22nd Apr 2018, 18:42
Hello there. I would like to ask: If any cadets know the hours of school at CAE Amsterdam and if commuting, would Ryanair give u free jumpseat?

Kinbo
22nd Apr 2018, 20:32
Have you already had an assessment? Maybe changes when youre going for the second attempt?

Nope, first time..a bit confusing..and it took them 5 weeks to even send me the "application accepted e-mail"

Laffitte
23rd Apr 2018, 02:50
Is anyone attending the assessment on the 9th of May?

Hi, I'm in the 9th assessment

RYRfr
23rd Apr 2018, 11:04

Hey mate I will be there on the 1st of May.

julia1992
23rd Apr 2018, 11:28
Search for our group on facebook "fr1807 type rating east midlands"

can you please just send me a link for the group? I can't find it on facebook...

Dynamite995
23rd Apr 2018, 12:21
Got the application complete email today after uploading the missing documents on Friday. Looks like they accepted my explanation that my Flight School Report already stated the number of attempts for checkrides without having to get a new report.

(applied March 16)

Skyhigh123456
23rd Apr 2018, 12:42
Here still no news (applied March 16) Goodluck Dynamite!

gliderman13
23rd Apr 2018, 13:26
Got the application complete email today after uploading the missing documents on Friday. Looks like they accepted my explanation that my Flight School Report already stated the number of attempts for checkrides without having to get a new report.

(applied March 16)

Dynamite995, have you recieved "application complete" e-mail form CAE as reply to your previous messages concerning uploading documents or CAE have sent you "application complete" e-mail in new topic? I had similar situation to yours and I'am wondering which kind of message should I expect from them.

Regards

kevkovsky
23rd Apr 2018, 15:11
I tried to send you a pm but that option isn’t active on your profile. Please activate that and pm me

According to pprune I'm "new" so it's not allowing me to send or receive PM's

Dynamite995
23rd Apr 2018, 22:24
Dynamite995, have you recieved "application complete" e-mail form CAE as reply to your previous messages concerning uploading documents or CAE have sent you "application complete" e-mail in new topic? I had similar situation to yours and I'am wondering which kind of message should I expect from them.

Regards

It was a reply to my email, it said just this:

"Thank you for completing your application. Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course."

73H
24th Apr 2018, 05:23
Hey guys,
got the call yesterday, straight forward she/he asked me about my license (Ir expery, medical... etc.) than got the invitation for the 14 of may! anybody else here to prep. at upilots? looking forward to hear from you! ;)

gliderman13
24th Apr 2018, 05:31
It was a reply to my email, it said just this:

"Thank you for completing your application. Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course."

Thank you for your reply. I’ve recieved the same mail from CAE after I write inquiry at this forum :)
Applied on 26th of March

Keane1981
24th Apr 2018, 14:21
Mail about the call, Friday 20th, still waiting the call...

yankee.romeo
24th Apr 2018, 14:26
Mail about the call, Friday 20th, still waiting the call...

me too!! Still waiting

zulu89
25th Apr 2018, 14:32

1st of May I'll be in Dublin for assessment, actually not sure how can we get in touch as the private message section apparently blocked to new users until a genuine posting history developes.

Zemfwel
26th Apr 2018, 07:54
Anyone attending the assessment on the 2nd of May? :)

I will be attending on the 2nd of May too :)

V0LC0M
26th Apr 2018, 09:52
Today I have updated my application and the system asked me to write my EXACTLY name and last name as my passport shows.
I was wondering if this new request is for all of us guys... I guess so
Here a screenshot Application Part1 (https://imgur.com/qJkc5iV)

I realized too that I can not upload documents anymore cause the button has gone... Application Part 2 / Documents (https://imgur.com/a/BUwy6Vh)

Anyone with the same situation?

Insam
26th Apr 2018, 12:14
Is anybody on the CAE 1806 in AMS? PM me to set up WhatsApp or FB group
Hi, I’m in the CAE1806 in AMS, is there a FB group?

Porcellino
27th Apr 2018, 08:52
Hi guys, I got a lot of help from the group so I'll like to give some feedback even though it has been said over and over.
I already said the dates I got emails and calls so I'll go directly to what's important
Started at 0800, 8 people in the morning group . We were met by a really funny interviewer that quickly helped to ease the nerves of all the presents.
We were paired with the person next to us on the table and it didn't mind what type you did your MCC.
Some people started with Sim, other with the interview
From my personal feedback and most of the people there, Interviews were very relaxed, a little bit of chit chat, and then a few questions. It was never something serious bombarding with questions.
Technicals were from what's CB, how storms form, what are flaps and slats, seats on the 737, explain take off segments, everything that has been mentioned before. I will like to mention that they will dig in the questions. They want to check that you know the answers and not only remember the answer for x question. At the same time they will help you and guide you to it.
Sim was Liverpool chart, one person standard departure the second a no standard.
It happens all very quick, take off, then radar vectors for turns, climbing descending and acceleration deceleration. Then heading towards the beacon you'll have an emergency, sim freezes, app briefing atc dodar and nits while frozen, then they will reposition the aircraft near the approach.

I had a prep with Upilot, and I personally would recommend them, yes, I found the yoke hard to control but if you can do that, you'll nail the sim. Anyway they are upgrading the sim currently so people can't say a thing about the yoke not being good now. They were very helpful with everything and it's worth every cent.
Got the job and will be starting 11th of June in East Midlands for introduction week.

Feel free to contact me for more info, and best of luck to everyone!

smthngdffrnt
27th Apr 2018, 09:42
Guys, how much do you pay for the TR? 30000€ or 5000€?

Thanks a lot!

V0LC0M
27th Apr 2018, 18:59
Someone with the same issue? I can update the first part ( hours, licenses, medical,..etc) but I can not update the second part (documents, pdfs) due to update buttons in documents already uploaded are missing.

gliderman13
27th Apr 2018, 19:33
Someone with the same issue? I can update the first part ( hours, licenses, medical,..etc) but I can not update the second part (documents, pdfs) due to update buttons in documents already uploaded are missing.

Yes. I have also the same issue. No updates of obligatory documents.

Dynamite995
28th Apr 2018, 00:21
Same here, can't remove or change the documents with the red star, only the documents with no red star. It's the same for everyone I think.

AlphaFloor45
28th Apr 2018, 13:24
Anyone for the assessment for the 16th of May ?

user2803
28th Apr 2018, 15:08
Hello guys.
I have some questions for those who have already passed the interview or any way to anyone that knows.
I would like to know, what happens after you pass the interview?
Let's say you get the positive mail and been accepted! Then what?
When do you start with your base/ line training? How much time does this require?
How much money you had to give for living expenses as an average?
Could someone share their experience?

Torledo1
28th Apr 2018, 17:37
Anybody here on course FR1808 starting on the 14th of May? PM me if so!
Yes, do you have a Wapp or Fb group ? 😎

Keane1981
28th Apr 2018, 17:54
Anyone for the assessment for the 15th of May ?

Matoy
29th Apr 2018, 00:58
Anyone for the assessment for the 15th of May ?
I’m also on the 15th of May!

V0LC0M
29th Apr 2018, 08:34
Yes. I have also the same issue. No updates of obligatory documents.

Same here, can't remove or change the documents with the red star, only the documents with no red star. It's the same for everyone I think.

A bit weird... have you guys attended one assessment already?

Dynamite995
29th Apr 2018, 12:22
A bit weird... have you guys attended one assessment already?

Nope, applied the first time last month.

hubabuba254
29th Apr 2018, 12:32
Hi fellows!

I have a question according assessment day. I've been informed to expect phone call in 14 days about one week ago, and now i'm preparing documents for recruitment process.

So, I want to ask you if they respect printed mccpilotlog (jeppesen layout) and manually signed logbook?
Because as i understand they don't allow to have electronic one on assessment day, but when it's printed in right form and manually signed it's still considered as electronic or not?

Also another question is about FSR and MCC, JOC certificates. Right now im living far away from my previous flight school and i'm curious if can I bring copy of those documents, or they need originals?

Thanks for any help!

Keane1981
29th Apr 2018, 18:21
I’m also on the 15th of May!

dont know how to contact you!

Matoy
29th Apr 2018, 18:30
dont know how to contact you!
Give me your Facebook

Keane1981
29th Apr 2018, 19:19
Give me your Facebook

send me an email [email protected]

Keane1981
29th Apr 2018, 19:21
Give me your Facebook

send me an email

keane1981 at gmail.com

pawels93
30th Apr 2018, 07:06
I am also an 15 may. My email pszmidt93 at gmail.com

Porcellino
30th Apr 2018, 09:56
Hello user2803

They will send an email where you have to state your training base preference. East Midlands, London or Amsterdarm, then they will call you to give you the date of Introduction at East Midlands, 5 days, 1 day at STN.
After that you have 3 weeks back at home to study. After those 3 weeks you start your Type Rating training that last 7/8 weeks. It also says on the email to expect your line training to start right after that and to last 5/6 weeks.
Contract will be sent 6/8 weeks before your course start date, and payment has to be done 4 weeks before course starts.
They also advise to apply for Irish licence ASAP as it might take a while, and you need to have a valid Class 1 Medical and ME/IR on day 1 of introduction.

Privium
30th Apr 2018, 10:39
They also advise to apply for Irish licence ASAP as it might take a while, and you need to have a valid Class 1 Medical and ME/IR on day 1 of introduction.

Does anyone know...
If an IR is valid at the time of the start of TR, but expires just prior to LST, do you have to renew it prior to starting the TR?
Or will they accept renewal through the LST?

Laffitte
30th Apr 2018, 12:02
Anyone on the 9th?

FALCON.net
1st May 2018, 09:35
Hello..

Anyone on FR1802..

PM me ....

PilotJamie
1st May 2018, 10:47
Afternoon! Ive read the thread and seen various stating their documents are struggling to be updated; does this mean that they are indeed currently under review by cae/FR or is it a system glitch?

Many Thanks

FlyJase
1st May 2018, 15:09
I will be attending on the 2nd of May too :)

Think we met on the bus, my email is [email protected]

Another Biggles
1st May 2018, 17:01
Afternoon! Ive read the thread and seen various stating their documents are struggling to be updated; does this mean that they are indeed currently under review by cae/FR or is it a system glitch?

Many Thanks

Hi Jamie - I wouldn't worry about it. I uploaded a document in the last 24 hours and had no issues.

Kinbo
1st May 2018, 20:43
Anyone for the assessment for the 16th of May ?

I'm there on the 16th..finally got the email and they called

Kinbo
1st May 2018, 20:53
Hello user2803

They will send an email where you have to state your training base preference. East Midlands, London or Amsterdarm, then they will call you to give you the date of Introduction at East Midlands, 5 days, 1 day at STN.
After that you have 3 weeks back at home to study. After those 3 weeks you start your Type Rating training that last 7/8 weeks. It also says on the email to expect your line training to start right after that and to last 5/6 weeks.
Contract will be sent 6/8 weeks before your course start date, and payment has to be done 4 weeks before course starts.

I have to ask something dumb here: You need to have a valid ME/IR but how about ME(L)?

toplad
2nd May 2018, 14:05
Just had an email saying unable to proceed with application.

Gutted

No reasons given

Not sure what to do now. All my application seem to be failing.
I have professional C.V and good scores and passes in everything

Think my age( 45) is a factor

Anyone else got the rejection email

Privium
2nd May 2018, 16:31
Anyone else here on the CAE1808 Amsterdam course? PM me!

Porcellino
2nd May 2018, 16:41
I have to ask something dumb here: You need to have a valid ME/IR but how about ME(L)?
No need for MEP, just ME/IR valid on day 1 of introduction

Anyone on FR1811 for EMT ?

FIT_pilot
2nd May 2018, 17:17
I’m also on the 15th [email protected]

Mlambin
3rd May 2018, 10:10
Hey guys,

Short story: in April 2017 I went for my very first interview, with Ryanair, and failed it. Since then I improved the aspects that made me failed and succeed a three steps interview with SunExpress with the promise to start my career with them, but without any planed date (I am expecting end of 2018 beginning of 2019).

Today I received a new invitation for a Ryanair assessment process. I am wondering if I should consider it again, knowing everything happening there.

I truly believe that SunExpress has way better advantages even though the TR is at the same price. I am just wondering what you could think about it ?

felixtojal
3rd May 2018, 14:34
No need for MEP, just ME/IR valid on day 1 of introduction

Anyone on FR1811 for EMT ?
I’m on FR1811 too, I can’t send you a PM because I’m new, we can stay in touch via mail or FB instead if you want

Dynamite995
3rd May 2018, 16:50
Got the phone call email today. What time of day do they usually call?

Mlambin
3rd May 2018, 17:12
It depends on what you are looking for, Ryanair seems to be a solid airline and they also have a new Cadet program whereby you only pay €5,000 for your Type Rating and a bond of 5 years, then again it's up to you to decide what's best for you

Is the cadet program offered to everyone ? And what would be the salary ?

Porcellino
3rd May 2018, 17:20
I’m on FR1811 too, I can’t send you a PM because I’m new, we can stay in touch via mail or FB instead if you want

Hi felixtojal, email me to my junk email address then I can pass you my phone number and get in touch
eyblue at hotmail.com

the737lover
4th May 2018, 06:44
Hi all, Any one applied on the 26th April and got a response yet? Cheers

pedrothepilot
4th May 2018, 12:59
Hi Girls and Guys,

I've just realized there was a typo in my CV that I have recently uploaded to the CAE site. I have already submitted my training request, does anyone know if I can update the new one and if perhaps that will cause my application to be put at the back of the pile per se?

FlyJase
4th May 2018, 13:19
Hi Girls and Guys,

I've just realized there was a typo in my CV that I have recently uploaded to the CAE site. I have already submitted my training request, does anyone know if I can update the new one and if perhaps that will cause my application to be put at the back of the pile per se?

Hi Pedro,

As far as I’m aware it doesn’t change the position of your application by updating documents, as I updated my cv and I waited about a month for a response. At my assessment the average wait for everyone there was about month between submitting the training request and a call.

gliderman13
4th May 2018, 13:35
Hi Girls and Guys,

Hi, I’ve updated my CV after submitting a TR request but this fact didn’t stopped CAE from sending me „call in 14 days” mail in normal period of time.

pedrothepilot
4th May 2018, 14:20
Hi, I’ve updated my CV after submitting a TR request but this fact didn’t stopped CAE from sending me „call in 14 days” mail in normal period of time.
Thanks bud

Mlambin
5th May 2018, 05:52
https://careers.ryanair.com/cadets/

So it seems that everyone receive that opportunity.

What about the salary with the bonding? Anyone can help on that ?

Aeroman27
5th May 2018, 16:52
So it seems that everyone receive that opportunity.

What about the salary with the bonding? Anyone can help on that ?

Right after Base Check, you sign a training contract of 6 months. That contract has a basic gross annual salary of £21,000, paid monthly. Once you finish training, you go straight to normal F/O salary (training doesn't last 6 months). During your bond, there's no salary reduction. The training cost is not deducted from your salary. You only pay if you leave earlier than 5 years. Standard bond contract just like any other airline would do, with the only difference that you pay 5000€ as well as for accommodation and transportation during training, uniform, license conversion and company ID. I would round up to about 8000€ total price for entry.

Mlambin
7th May 2018, 05:48
Right after Base Check, you sign a training contract of 6 months. That contract has a basic gross annual salary of £21,000, paid monthly. Once you finish training, you go straight to normal F/O salary (training doesn't last 6 months). During your bond, there's no salary reduction. The training cost is not deducted from your salary. You only pay if you leave earlier than 5 years. Standard bond contract just like any other airline would do, with the only difference that you pay 5000€ as well as for accommodation and transportation during training, uniform, license conversion and company ID. I would round up to about 8000€ total price for entry.

Thank you for this details !

I'm gonna stick to SunExpress. Happy flights guys.

chavodelocho
7th May 2018, 12:07
Hi Aeroman

Are you sure that if you finish the training (completion of linecheck) you'll receive a normal FO salary? From where do you know this information?
The contract lasts 6 months and I think if you finish the training before they will stick to this contract and pay the training salary but I really don't know.

user2803
7th May 2018, 12:25
Hello again guys.
Can you suggest where to go for a sim session before the interview ?
Approximately how many hours is believed to be good ? 2-4-6 hours ?
Any approximate cost if you guys know ? Thanks in advance.

Dynamite995
7th May 2018, 14:53
Got the call today. Anyone up for assessment on May 24th?

FoxtrotCharlie7
7th May 2018, 17:00
Thank you for this details !

I'm gonna stick to SunExpress. Happy flights guys.

Hi there.
Last time I checked, SunExpress was only contracting FO's with Turkish nationality or blue card. Also, their selection process involves a DLR/Compass test variation.
Have they changed entry requirements?

Thanks

Mlambin
7th May 2018, 18:26
Hi there.
Last time I checked, SunExpress was only contracting FO's with Turkish nationality or blue card. Also, their selection process involves a DLR/Compass test variation.
Have they changed entry requirements?

Thanks

They opened for foreigners but already closed it as they reached their limit. It's mollymawk test now ( ex DLR employee creation ).

FoxtrotCharlie7
7th May 2018, 18:43
They opened for foreigners but already closed it as they reached their limit. It's mollymawk test now ( ex DLR employee creation ).

Thanks for the update.

73H
8th May 2018, 09:42
Hey guys,
i am going on the 14th this month, is there any new feedback?
Any new Technical questions? New Sim procedures? looking forward to get an answer!

thank!!

pilotczj
9th May 2018, 08:05
Hello guys,

As this forum was pretty useful for me to prepare, I thought I ’d give my feedback on my assessment.

About me:
I am 24 years old, finished my ATPL and earned my licenses in the beginning of February 2018 with 145 hours+60 FNPTII. I have a degree in transportation engineering (BsC) and a year experience as a simulator technician in an FNPTII sim.

Application process:

1st: 14th of Feb to APC with e-mail on 28th of Feb about oncoming call then mail about the closure of APC on 7th March.

2nd: applied to the bonded scheme on 7th of March, received the e-mail about completed application on 20th March ,will call e-mail on 6th of April, and call on 13th of April.

Assessment:

I got the date for the 2nd May with 11 other guys. I was scheduled to the afternoon group with 3 really nice lads. We were met by the assessors in the hall at 12 o’ clock and guided through the building to our area where the assessment was about to take place. Our assessor was a nice and experienced captain who gave us a briefing about how things going to happen, and then he asked for our paper work and gave us the charts and let us do the briefing with our partner.

Technical interview:

I prepared a lot for the technical because I expected a wide variety of questions from different ATPL subjects due to my low flying experience. I went back to my flight school a week before my assessment to have an hour of flying with the Be76 which I did my ME/IR on just to refresh both manual skills and AFM as well. I got the following questions:

Be76 related: Max Xwind, VNE,VFE , VLO (What speed and what is it?) ENG type. Why is it a good plane for training? (No Crit Eng and it has a T-tail) What is CritEng? What advantages does a T-tail have? What kind of prop does it have? What happens with a constant speed prop’s RPM if we descend? What happens with it if you suddenly pitch up the aircraft? What is the CRZ MAP and RPM setting?

Other technical questions: What are the advantages of stabilizers? What are the disadvantages of swept wings? How many Pax maximum on 737-800? How many 737-800 does RYR have? In a METAR what is BR and how is „Snow Grains” coded? What is TEM (Threat and Error Management)? What Threats can I think of in the upcoming simulator session? (New partner, different MCC, different charts( we used Jeppesen back in my school)) How can we reduce those threats? ( comprehensive briefing what I answered) How does the TCAS work? What does it communicate with? How does the radio altimeter work? What is TAT? Do you know anything about CFIT?( I told them that I wrote part of my final thesis about it so then we jumped to the next question :) )

Simulator:

After the technical we had about 45 minutes to wait so we did another briefing with my partner. I was paired with a really nice French guy who also really wanted to get the job so he prepared very well. I suggest taking the free time you have to go through the briefing in small details, who is doing what, what speeds, what actions and so on, because things in the sim are going to happen pretty fast. We had Liverpool that day, SID departure then aerial work, QDM,QDR capturing then company message that the DEST is closed and we shall return to Liverpool. We made a DODAR then APP briefing. I have forgotten to give the FA a NITS briefing so later he ”came in” and advised that we have smoke in the aft cabin. We decided to continue without further actions back to LPL, we declared and EMER and meanwhile I gave a NITS briefing as I realised that probably that’s why the smoke scenario was made up. Then ILS approach, seat swap, same things but we had a sick passenger in the next round.

I am not giving such detailed feedback about the sim because each scenario can be different, but as long as you think and communicate as a team and you are able to fly and operate the aircraft safely it should be all right.

I stayed in an Airbnb house just 10 minutes walk from the HQ where I met some guys arriving for the Wing Ceremony so it was a good place to stay. The house is operated by Brian who was very helpful and a nice host.
For the technical I prepared from Pprune and used the Ace the technical pilot interview book as well as my ATPL notes.

For the simulator I was lucky enough to have a 737 in Hungary which is pretty cheap, around 50 EUR/hr on weekdays in a company called Pilots Simulator Center. The sim is very well built, however it has no force on the stick which makes it harder to properly fly the aircraft but it takes around 30mins to get used to it and then you will be pretty happy how stable the sim is on the assessment.

I wish everyone the best for the assessment. I won’t tell that you should not worry because probably you will, but prepare, and then it will be a great experience.

Mfgfr0
9th May 2018, 13:51
Hello again guys.
Can you suggest where to go for a sim session before the interview ?
Approximately how many hours is believed to be good ? 2-4-6 hours ?
Any approximate cost if you guys know ? Thanks in advance.
Go to simcheck worth every penny. Very similar to the ryanair sim and current b737 captains with lots of experience. 4 hours minimum if your never flew a b737 simulator

Bunchygryphon
9th May 2018, 14:19
Anyone else here on the CAE1808 Amsterdam course? PM me!
hello mate i will be on the CAE1808 but i can't send you a PM :ugh:

brunomoro
10th May 2018, 11:28
Hello guys anyone on the 30th of May for the assessment?

Privium
10th May 2018, 11:51
hello mate i will be on the CAE1808 but i can't send you a PM :ugh:

Feel free to join our FB-group:
CAE1808 AMS

Bunchygryphon
10th May 2018, 19:54
Feel free to join our FB-group:
CAE1808 AMS
too bad , have no FB :O

Sempels737
12th May 2018, 11:14
Hi Mlambin

Did they sent you an email or did they just called you ? I also failed an assessment before and I received an email last week asking if i was still interested for the typerating.
Did you received a similar mail?
Thank you in advance

OOVNI
14th May 2018, 11:10
The result is via email.

pilotczj
14th May 2018, 11:10
Anyone on FR1813 EMT? :) Give me a PM. :)

Bunchygryphon
14th May 2018, 11:21
Hi guys,
Do you know if the assessment result is via email or phone call?
Thanks
Email and you receive it after 2 working days if you succeed , best of luck

Aeroman27
15th May 2018, 07:33
FR1820 EMA anyone?

gliderman13
15th May 2018, 11:13
A guy in my class sent an email and got the reply that they don't take low timers currently.
Any idea what's happening ?

I don't know. I got the invitation for the assesment. Approx. 200h so I'm low timer...

cavok82
15th May 2018, 11:40
I don't know. I got the invitation for the assesment. Approx. 200h so I'm low timer...

When did You send aplication ?

Soulive
15th May 2018, 12:36
Hey Guys,

anybody here from CAE 1810 in Amsterdam? Would be great if there was a group already.

Cheers

gliderman13
15th May 2018, 13:40
When did You send aplication ?

At the end of March.

Dynamite995
15th May 2018, 15:39
A guy in my class sent an email and got the reply that they don't take low timers currently.
Any idea what's happening ?

That sounds strange, I'm fresh out of flight school with 195 hours and I'm due for assessment next week (applied March 16).

Are you sure he was asking about this particular cadet program?

ROMEOVICTOR
16th May 2018, 11:49
Hi Mlambin

Did they sent you an email or did they just called you ? I also failed an assessment before and I received an email last week asking if i was still interested for the typerating.
Did you received a similar mail?
Thank you in advance

hi mate!

I also failed Ryanair interview last March and I am wondering if they gonna call me again. Did you updated your application in the CAE portal? How long it took after failing the interview to get the email again? Did you were invited for an interview again?

sorry for all the questions! It will be great to get in touch.

thank you in advance

J74
16th May 2018, 17:21
Anyone tomorrow in STN for Experienced FO rated?

GLEX6000
19th May 2018, 15:17
Hi all,
New to the group, anyone applied the 25th April and got a reply yet? I know some guys they got an email saying that the application is completed, but I didn't get anything yet. Any idea of how long it may take to be called? As I need to coordinate with work and everything..Cheers

cavok82
19th May 2018, 17:02
Usually it takes approx. 1 month till they first contact You.

GLEX6000
19th May 2018, 17:21
Usually it takes approx. 1 month till they first contact You.
Understood, and I saw some info on the website from CAE to keep updating the docs, how do you do it normally? Just re-upload them, there's no submit button or anything like that...

RomanK
19th May 2018, 21:25
Applied 6 weeks ago, still no mail about completeness of my application

itchybumba
20th May 2018, 08:56
This thread helped me prepare for my interview which i am really pleased to say i passed - So hopefully what i write here will help some more people though it in the future and also help to ease some minds! There seems to be no logical explanation when it comes to what order they call people in so once you have submitted that application best just to forget about it and not second guess when they will contact you. Personally about the time they contacted me i had almost given up hope and was about to explore other options like further training as i really wasnt getting any traction on the job hunt...... then out of the blue this popped up and within 4 weeks i got the life changing news!!!

I applied on 6th March.
I then heard nothing until i got an email saying they were going to call within 14 days on the 20 April.
Received a call on 23 April offering me a date of 14th May.

I stayed in the Premier Inn which worked out cheaper than the travelodge when you include breakfast and is much nicer. Good nights sleep in a quiet room in a comfy bed - just what you need the night before. It took me about 8 - 10 minutes to have a slow stroll to the Ryanair building - nice stroll to settle the nerves a bit!

As soon as we were collected from reception they work to make you relaxed - and they did a great job of it! I was obviously very nervous on my way to the building but after about 10 minutes of being with them the nerves started to settle and i could focus on the task at hand.

Interview wise if you read the last few post where people go into detail about what question they were asked you will know exactly what i got asked! There really is no point in repeating them. I will say that the interview felt very relaxed, a nice chat if anything and i actually found it quite enjoyable as it was the first opportunity i had to show anyone my real passion about aviation...... i could have happily talked with then all day!

Before the sim we were told that they are not trying to catch us out - there is no way the weather will change etc. and sure enough, they were extremely helpful and nice in the sim!

Sim was liverpool wal 2t sid.
some basic handling (climb, descend, accelerate, de-accelerate etc).

Then my partner got vectors for ils and ils approach. At some point on those vectors sim was paused and we were asked to point to where we are on the chart. Plenty of time to decide - use the instruments and you can retune if you need to. Dont over think this part would be my advice - just look at the tail of the pointer for the QDR / radial and the DME for distance and use some common sense to position yourself on the chart which of course is not to scale...... any issues then tune another navaid and work out where the lines cross.

I on the other hand after the basic handling got track a qdr to the ndb, sim paused and asked to point where are we just as i was approaching it. Sick passenger (dodar, nits etc) and the full ils procedure.

I made a few mistakes but i realised them and said out loud i had done it. They are certainly not looking for perfection - do your best, make good decisions and talk to your partner about those decisions. Also, try to help your sim partner when PM as much as possible - make it your job to ensure they get the job!

Also, brief thoroughly before hand with your partner. It was clear that my MCC taught things in a very different way with regards to thrust handlng as my partners...... We realised this and briefed a lot before hand so there couldnt be any confusion.

Thats about it really!

So my overall advice....... if you have applied and not heard try not to worry - it will probably come when you least expect it and then it will all happen very fast! Then try not to let nerves get the better of you before hand - you are going to be stressed and worried but that will all settle down on the day because they do a great job of trying to settle you down so they can see the best in you.

Thank you to all the contributors of this thread in the past for all the information - i found it really helpful.

Good luck to all those applying!

Dynamite995
20th May 2018, 23:05
What is the procedure at the Premier Inn when checking into the hotel late at night? Do I need to call them and notify them I will be coming very late?

My flight only lands in Dublin at 1 am, so I expect I won't reach the hotel before about 2 am.

Also, what is the best way to get from the airport to the Inn during those hours?

Excuse the off-topic questions :)

fafa90
21st May 2018, 11:16
Here I am! can't PM you though

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

yankee.romeo
21st May 2018, 12:45
What is the procedure at the Premier Inn when checking into the hotel late at night? Do I need to call them and notify them I will be coming very late?

My flight only lands in Dublin at 1 am, so I expect I won't reach the hotel before about 2 am.

Also, what is the best way to get from the airport to the Inn during those hours?

Excuse the off-topic questions :)

Hi Dynamite995, i arrived at midnight, out of the airport there are a lot of taxies, they take 15 euros. i did't advised, and i hadn't any problems..
cheers

Normax
21st May 2018, 13:40
Hi all ! Anyone on FR1813 June 25th ?
Contact me : [email protected]
Cheers !

cx1990
22nd May 2018, 20:24
hi all, planning to apply soon
Can anyone confirm the rumours are true that the new recruits will earn 10 euro less per block hour? Also if thats the case how much was ir before?

Many thanks in advance

pawels93
23rd May 2018, 18:10
I was on the interview on 15th of may and failed, but in my opinion I wasnt that bad, I was advised that it is only possible to reapply after one year, do you no anyone who had possibility to be reassessed quicker then that? Thanks in advance.

cx1990
23rd May 2018, 19:41
Not sure who put these rumours out-there however, it is totally untrue

Thanks for the reply. May I know where you got your info from?
I'm currently saving up for the TR but I presume with accommodation, food, licence conversation and uniform payment the total could be around 7000-8000 euros

qwassaf
24th May 2018, 11:40
Hi guys,

I applied on the 8th of May , got a call yesterday to come on the 5th of june. If anyone else is also going, drop me a pm.

nwytg
24th May 2018, 17:28
Hi guys,

I applied on the 8th of May , got a call yesterday to come on the 5th of june. If anyone else is also going, drop me a pm.

I'm going as well :) I can't find where to send you a pm though, write to me instead!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Mfgfr0
24th May 2018, 19:52
Could you please elaborate on this and tell us what the actual net salary will be? I pretty much doubt that people that paid for the TR will be happy on receiving the same money as someone that doesn't need to pay anything other then accepting the bond...

Also the F/O pay in Ryanair is based on the hours on type, so what you are saying that cadet with 0 hr starting will be on the same salary, makes no sense at all?

Just check all the info in the forum. You still have the option for pay for the full type rating or the bond (you pay 5000 and a have a 5years bond). As all ryanair pilot you start with the lower payrate which increase after 1500hr flying for them. Instead of doubt and questioning everything that was said from people that already work there try to use all the good info on this forum to get the job if that is what you really want

qwassaf
24th May 2018, 20:23
I'm going as well :) I can't find where to send you a pm though, write to me instead!

Hi, I can't pm you since you're new here. whats your email if you'd like me to contact you? you should be able to delete the post afterward.

Goproflyer
25th May 2018, 11:34
Hi!

I applied on May 15th, I got he Training request confirmation email the same day.

2 days after on the 17th I recieved a new email just saying "RYR application unable to proceed". They stated that they had reviewed my application and that it had been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Have anyone else gotten this response.
I am 27 years old, have 300hrs, No resits, highest grade on both MCC and JOC.
I was at an assessment at RYR in July 2015 but was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know what the problem is and what you could do? I have heard about quiet many that have been called to a second assessment.

Thanks for the help!

V0LC0M
25th May 2018, 12:29
Hi!

I applied on May 15th, I got he Training request confirmation email the same day.

2 days after on the 17th I recieved a new email just saying "RYR application unable to proceed". They stated that they had reviewed my application and that it had been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Does anyone know what the problem is and what you could do? I have heard about quiet many that have been called to a second assessment.

Thanks for the help!

Did you reapply with same profile or make a new one?

Goproflyer
25th May 2018, 14:03
Did you reapply with same profile or make a new one?

The previous application in 2015 was before they changed the system, the old account is gone so therefore I did a new account now. Very strange🙄

FIT_pilot
26th May 2018, 07:38
Anyone on the course FR1813 starting on the 25th?

Dynamite995
26th May 2018, 10:21
Hi all,

I've had my assessment this Thursday (May 24) and successfully passed. I will post a breakdown of my assessment process.

Dates:

Initial application: March 16
Application incomplete e-mail: April 19 (missing docs added April 20)
Application complete: April 23
Phone call e-mail: May 3
Phone call itself: May 7
Assessment day: May 24
Positive e-mail: May 25

I have stayed at the Premier Inn, it's a very nice hotel with a big comfy bed and just a 10-minute walk from the Ryanair building.

I went to Upilot on a 3-hour session the day before my assessment, and I have found it to be very good preparation - the guy is very nice and helpful, and will show you almost everything you need to know and which parts you need to prepare a bit better for the assessment day.

We came to the Ryanair building at about 7:50am, and we were greeted in the lobby by an older captain, who was our assessor for the day along with another captain. He showed us around a bit, made jokes with us constantly and all in all was a helpful and charming guy. There were 8 of us up for assessment.
As usual we had a briefing about the sim and the whole process. After that we were paired up for the sim (quite randomly, no apparent criteria for it) and were given our charts for the day (Liverpool). We were given about 20-30 minutes to brief with our partners for the sim session.

My partner and me were the first in the simulator. We did the WAL2T SID (amended to 5000 ft) and the ILS 27 approach in Liverpool. I was PM first. First we did some accelerations, climbs, descents and turns and then we had a toilet fire as an emergency. We declared Mayday, decided to return to Liverpool and request vectors for ILS 27 (always try to make it easier for yourself!), but the ATC radar was down so we had to do the full procedure. During the holding we were asked to accelerate and climb back to 5000 feet because of another aircraft in distress, but instead requested to make an immediate approach from the holding which was granted. So we did a quick briefing for the approach, intercepted the ILS from the base turn and landed successfully.

When I was the PF, it was almost the same but without an emergency, instead of that we were asked to point our location on the ILS chart, and were repositioned to intercept the localizer and shoot the approach.

Both me and my partner weren't very happy with how we did in the sim, because our MCC communication could have been better, and I was occasionally struggling to keep some speeds and altitudes while flying, and I was oscillating left and right a bit when intercepting the localizer, though I managed to stabilize myself on the approach eventually and make a decent landing.

Our assessor was helpful in the sim, often told us what we needed to be more careful with, and what to do differently. Remember, you control the speed with your thrust setting, and the rate of climb/descent with pitch on approach. In a prop I was taught the opposite and because of that was struggling a bit but got the hang of it eventually.

Many people here say that CRM is the thing the sim part is all about, but while it obviously is important, they do want to see how you fly the damn thing as well.

After the sim, we had the interview. It was quite simple and a nice chat. The HR questions came first, and were mostly standard. After that I was asked by our assessor why he didn't see good communication on the sim. I answered new partner, new aircraft and short time for briefing because we went in first. He told me then we should have asked for more time to brief the whole flight, and not rush it, and said it was a good learning experience nevertheless. Rest of the tech questions were pretty much the usual, nothing you can't already find on here. Some things about my MEIR aircraft (DA42) and the 737 (number of seats, generators). Just be yourself, answer honestly, study the tech questions well and you shouldn't have problems on the interview.

Anyway, after I left the building I wasn't very happy with my performance in the sim, and thought I was likely to fail because of it. But the next morning I was hit with the good news - safe to say it made my (and my family's) day :)

pilotczj
26th May 2018, 15:35
Anyone on the course FR1813 starting on the 25th?

Hi there!

I am in FR1813 as well. Drop me a mail to [email protected] and I add you to our WhatsApp group :)

73H
27th May 2018, 10:16
Hey Guys,
anybody for the introduction week at the 16th of Juy?
Write me an email ;)

P.S. at the moment is the success rate approx: 35-50% depends...

sunji
27th May 2018, 12:02
What's the approximate rate of success among candidates?

from what I know 10-25%

in my group of 12 I think 4 made it. And from a friend, I heard from 12 only 2 made it and another time just 1.

oldkarim
27th May 2018, 12:05
In some case even 75% , it depends from the individual.

Dynamite995
27th May 2018, 12:55
I don't know about the overall success rate, but on a daily basis it is quite random I think, I heard about a day where there were 16 people and no one passed.

Lokinours
28th May 2018, 12:07
I had my interview on the 14th of may and I wanted to know if there is someone form this date to comfirm the ratio.
If there is a group for cae1810 in ams I would be glad to join it

Karkules
28th May 2018, 14:23
Hey guys, I wanted to ask if it's necessary to finish APS MCC course? I mean, I'll finish MCC course in couple weeks and I thought about paying for JOC course next. Do they view MCC + JOC differently than APS MCC? It kinda sucks paying another 5k euro..., especially when I'll have finished MCC soon. Do you recommed any aviation school where JOC would be good preparation for ryanair assesment?

nwytg
28th May 2018, 14:50
Hi, I can't pm you since you're new here. whats your email if you'd like me to contact you? you should be able to delete the post afterward.

Send me an email on [email protected] :)

Dynamite995
28th May 2018, 18:36
Anyone for the introduction week at EMA on 16th July?

73H
29th May 2018, 08:20
Hello,
anyone in the course CAE1811? Give me a message ;)

Dynamite995
29th May 2018, 09:36
Anyone on CAE1811 starting August 15 in Amsterdam?

I have made a Facebook group, send me a private message or email and I will add you.

gliderman13
29th May 2018, 10:35
Anyone on FR1814 25th July at East Midlands?

Please send me a PM.

Soulive
30th May 2018, 08:31
I had my interview on the 14th of may and I wanted to know if there is someone form this date to comfirm the ratio.
If there is a group for cae1810 in ams I would be glad to join it

I'm in CAE 1810 as well, send me an email: [email protected]

Anssikoo2
30th May 2018, 14:54
Anyone on FR1814 25th July at East Midlands?

Please send me a PM.

Im in FR1814. Would you like to create a FB group so that we all can join and have a chat there??

Anssikoo2
30th May 2018, 15:08
Hello all!

i have created a FB -group called Ryanair FR1814 East Midlands for those who will start their course on 2nd of July.

Welcome to join!

lewismorrison22
31st May 2018, 07:22
Hello all!

i have created a FB -group called Ryanair FR1814 East Midlands for those who will start their course on 2nd of July.

Welcome to join!
hi mate I'm also on FR1814. Can't seem to find the group though.

Soulive
31st May 2018, 08:50
There's now a FB group for CAE 1810:

facebook.com/groups/255755965168068/

Feel free to join!

petone
31st May 2018, 10:13
hi guys just wondered if anyone who have gone for the interview and have not passed reapply- and if yes have you just reuploaded the docs and wait? or anything else to be done?

Anssikoo2
31st May 2018, 13:57
hi mate I'm also on FR1814. Can't seem to find the group though.

go facebook and search Ryanair FR1814 East Midlands 👊
Welcome!

Daniel7378
31st May 2018, 16:17
Good evening all.

Initial application: 17/05/2018
Application complete: 30/05/2018
Phone call e-mail: 30/05/2018
Phone call itself: 31/05/2018
Assessment day: 14/06/2018

Who is also attending the assessment on this day?

Regards,

Daniel

fastandlow
31st May 2018, 16:21
Hi everyone,

I just applied to Ryanair, and after updating my documents I've received the "Application Complete" mail, so i might be getting a call or mail in the near future.

But I'm flying nearly every day except the weekends right now - i fly for a charter company - so I'm not always able to answer a call that comes in. Since FR most likely has more than enough people to call and assess, I'd like to know how they handle it if you miss that call? Is the number displayed so you could call back, do they send you an e-mail or something? Or do you fail the assessment by not being on your phone for the entire day?

cavok82
31st May 2018, 19:41
I am afraid that 5 repeats on ATPL is the reason for that.

fastandlow
31st May 2018, 19:44
Dave if nothing changed from the last 400 pages it seems that you’re out - with the possibility of reapplying in 9-12 months I guess.

cavok82
31st May 2018, 19:49
Hi everyone,

I just applied to Ryanair, and after updating my documents I've received the "Application Complete" mail, so i might be getting a call or mail in the near future.

But I'm flying nearly every day except the weekends right now - i fly for a charter company - so I'm not always able to answer a call that comes in. Since FR most likely has more than enough people to call and assess, I'd like to know how they handle it if you miss that call? Is the number displayed so you could call back, do they send you an e-mail or something? Or do you fail the assessment by not being on your phone for the entire day?

I got such situation today. I have’t heard my phone so I missed that call.They left voicemail to send them and e-mail that I am avaiable and to try call again.

fastandlow
31st May 2018, 20:02
I got such situation today. I have’t heard my phone so I missed that call.They left voicemail to send them an e-mail that I am avaiable and to try call again.

Ok that sounds good! A bit weird that they’re not just letting you call them back, but then again they’d constantly be harrassed by people if their number was public.

good luck with the phone interview!

Dynamite995
31st May 2018, 22:53
Facebook group for CAE1811 (EMA July 16, AMS Aug 15):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235097020594116/

Feel free to join if you are in CAE1811.

Officer Kite
1st Jun 2018, 00:26
I was completely surprised by this. Literally everyone who applied from my flight school past 2 years is working for RYR. Only thing I could imagine which could be the reason is the fact that i had 5 ATPL exams which i did not pass on the first attempt. 2 of them due to the fact that my school booked them even though i was not prepared/did not want to do them.

Has anyone who got the same email ever got a follow up/ has any advice on possible steps to take?

Best regards, and thanks in advance
Dave

The 5 repeats is most definitely the reason unfortunately

Keane1981
1st Jun 2018, 07:52
Hi Guys,

I replied to RYR last week and got the following email today: Dear Applicant,

Thank you for applying for the Ryanair type-rating program.
Whilst your online application has been reviewed in detail, we regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the large number of applications being reviewed, individual feedback is not available.
It is not possible for us to reply to enquiries requesting additional feedback or information.
We cannot confirm whether the airline would review your application again in the future.
However, you should keep your ONE profile updated in case the airline are interested in your application/re-application in the future.
Please ensure you have only created ONE profile/application on the CAE website (DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT/PROFILE AS THAT WILL BE CANCELLED).
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Ryanair type-rating program.
Kind regards,

I was completely surprised by this. Literally everyone who applied from my flight school past 2 years is working for RYR. Only thing I could imagine which could be the reason is the fact that i had 5 ATPL exams which i did not pass on the first attempt. 2 of them due to the fact that my school booked them even though i was not prepared/did not want to do them.

Has anyone who got the same email ever got a follow up/ has any advice on possible steps to take?

Best regards, and thanks in advance
Dave

Hi Dave,
Just a question, how much time did you wait until your second application?
Thanks!

Airone2977
1st Jun 2018, 08:10
I think it is a first attempt

Keane1981
1st Jun 2018, 10:11
I think it is a first attempt

ups! yeah! my fault!
Thanks!

Lokinours
1st Jun 2018, 10:54
Hi daniel I had my assesment on this date Iam on CAE1810 so feel free to contact me we have a facebook group

Airone2977
1st Jun 2018, 12:27
ups! yeah! my fault!
Thanks!

No problems, glad I could help, lots of question about reaplyin
BTW, I've uploaded resume, renewed medical and licence, is there any other documents I should upload as well ?
Best of luck everyone !!

Jk524
1st Jun 2018, 17:24
Evening everyone!

Anyone else up for assessment June 18th?

Also.. Is the dresscode still suit with a neutral tie?

-Jonas

hoduka
1st Jun 2018, 18:42
Hello there!

Anyone up for the big day on the 11th of June?

PM me:)

Sam_MHN
1st Jun 2018, 20:25
Hi Folks,

First of all best of luck to all those who are about to attend the assessment, congratulations to those who passed...

I wanted to ask a question to anyone who has been on the phone with Ryanair, regarding the cadet programme. Just looked for it all over the thread but could not find a definite answer I promise!

Do they offer you any sort of date choice, maybe different weeks throughout the month? After years of procrastinating and feeling downhearted at my current bizjet job I decided it is time to try luck with something different but my roster will probably make it impossible.:=

Any insight is appreciated!

Cheers.

cavok82
1st Jun 2018, 21:11
Once they cal You they give You a date. If it isn’t suitable for You just let them know what works for You the most.

Aeroman27
3rd Jun 2018, 07:19
Anyone on FR1815 starting 9th of July in EMA?

Stick_pusher
3rd Jun 2018, 08:59
Hi!

Thanks for the help!

I was in a presentation of Ryanair HR team recently, and I remember they said something like "there are some candidates that fail in a way that we don't think another chance will be different". Apprantly they keep a record about your assessment day

rorre
5th Jun 2018, 17:16
Anyone on FR1815 starting 9th of July in EMA?

yes, me. :)

Karkules
6th Jun 2018, 15:22
Hey guys, I wanted to ask, is it worth it to do APS-MCC course? If somebody has MCC only, does he/she have smaller chance on recruitment process than somebody with APS-MCC? Also, does Ryanair look differently at somebody that has MCC + JOC vs APS-MCC? Is it considered as two different things? I'll be provided with MCC course for free at my school, and I'm thinking about doing privately JOC or even APS-MCC if Ryanair (or another airline) will look better on me with that certificate.

qwassaf
6th Jun 2018, 16:52
Hi,

applied 8th of may, interview 4th of June , good news 5th.
Tech/HR ... I had some banter with them and easy tech stuff as previously mentioned .
sim: once again jokes during the sim with me personally. My pm also went to Upilot so we were on the same page at all times . Great crm. He also passed .

I must recommend Upilot in Dublin , great price , great guy, with his help I aced the sim . So if you're looking for prep , he's the guy to go to without a doubt .
my advice : prep, know your stuff and smile .

anyone on CAE1811 , then give me a shout.

Sam_MHN
6th Jun 2018, 19:19
Thanks cavok! Just tried luck!

Take care.

Samuel

axe4vice
6th Jun 2018, 22:40
Hi, I’m in the CAE1806 in AMS, is there a FB group?
Hi! I am in the CAE 1806 in AMS. I have made a Fb group if you search for CAE1806.
If it does not work my mail is: [email protected]

axe4vice
7th Jun 2018, 10:14
Anyone on CAE1809 in AMS? I have made a fb group so just send a request to join.
[email protected]

qwassaf
7th Jun 2018, 12:22
Microsoft flight SIM is better than Upilot...

I've looked through your profile, do you have a vendetta against Upilot? Are you sour about going to Upilot and not getting a job? or is it something else. Upilot is great. I have never flown a glass cockpit and have the minimum requirements yet I aced the Sim. I'm not saying that going to simtech or virtual aviation or Upilot or anywhere else will get you any job. It's all you. They don't sim for you. All I can speak for is myself and my fellow candidates who have also passed the assessment, they also went to Upilot. when you do go on an interview, please use Microsoft flight sim to prepare.

good luck

qwassaf
7th Jun 2018, 14:11
Why are you so touched about Upilot? Do you own the place? If you wanna get the job I'd recommended you to go to a proper place for your prep

He clearly stated it wasn't because of Upilot that he didn't succeed. What are you trying to get at?

qwassaf
7th Jun 2018, 15:09
Why don't you mind your own business? I am surprised you got a job with an airline with that attitude

He's making valid points but you're choosing to neglect it. Besides you commented on my post and for the record about my attitude, it is so bad apparently that 3 airlines have offered me jobs. So much for having a ****ty attitude.
you never answered me, what's your deal with Upilot? Are you hating just for the sake of it?

qwassaf
7th Jun 2018, 15:22
Their SIM is just not suitable for airline assessment prep, the instructor has never been on a 737 and so on (BTW this is feedback I got from people I know who are in the Airline industry). Hope you are satisfied with the answer, Best of luck with your "3" airline offers.

The sim may well not be what you get at simtech and places like those but it's damn well close enough. With regards to the instructor, he knows how to teach candidates the basics to pass the assessment, he isn't going to be your type rating instructor so whats the issue. What else do you want for the price. it's your choice to spend double elsewhere and also not pass.
Anyway, I hope you can respect the fact that their sim is more than good enough.
Good luck with your career. I'll definitely enjoy mine.

flyfan
8th Jun 2018, 08:00
Don't feed the troll...

uPilot won't:
Teach you how to fly a 737 as he's no 737 pilot, instructor or whatever. (Though I never asked as I never had the feeling that this could be a necessary qualification for prep)
Have the same feel as Ryanair's 737 sim
Disappoint you.

uPilot WILL:
Prepare you for the assessment even before you're in Dublin
Show you tips and tricks to make your life easier at Dublin HQ
Sharpen your CRM skills
Do a test interview with you
Pick you up from your hotel
Be a nice and friendly guy

If you've got no feeling for flying an aircraft, then uPilot's sim won't do magic.
uPilot is a - as you can see on this thread - successful PREPARATION for the interview and what to expect - not how to fly a 737. But trust me: The Ryanair sim is really easy and stable, just trim it properly - that's the whole secret.

Peacockk
11th Jun 2018, 09:04
- First Assesment Unsuccessful -
Any positive or negative experience after creating a second profile ?? From August 2015 onwards (New application system)
I very much appreciate it :)

Banana Joe
11th Jun 2018, 10:31
No need to create a second account, also because they can catch you fairly easily. Many people are having a second chance. Some say after 6 months, some say after a year. I'm waiting and keeping my profile updated.

Anssikoo2
11th Jun 2018, 11:55
Reminder!
if you are on FR1814 East Midlands you are welcome to join our FB-group!
search: "Ryanair FR1814 East Midlands"

Byrne11
11th Jun 2018, 12:40
Information on the 737-800,
I'm preparing for the technical side of the RYR interview, and wondering where is the best source to find information out on the 737 and its systems? google it or is there a good book.