PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Winglet757
14th Jan 2018, 15:16
Again this discussion here...

There is already a subforum to discuss about Terms and Endearment, which is there for a reason. Please, leave this thread to talk about the interview and sim assessment.

Thank you.

femalepilot98
14th Jan 2018, 15:26
femalepilot98

Were you allowed to use flight directors?

FD were used on the initial climb out of the SID, but once you'd levelled off the assessor asks you to switch them off and you don't use them after that point.

u0062
15th Jan 2018, 16:52
The point being made is this. I have been flying for over 25 years. Ryan air have been the main culprits in reducing terms and conditions. We are presently in a very unusual position whereby there is a demand for pilots. During this time it is imperative that we look to improve t&c. Many better companies are looking for people give them a try first.
Remember you have made a substantial investment, you need a career which will last 30 years plus. We all understand that you need that first job make it a good one.
Best of luck to you all.

Funny Username
15th Jan 2018, 18:23
FD were used on the initial climb out of the SID, but once you'd levelled off the assessor asks you to switch them off and you don't use them after that point.

Thanks

Another quick question, when you press toga in take off do the levers move themselves like in reality?

Cheer

femalepilot98
15th Jan 2018, 18:48
Power levers move automatically. In the sim, just brief who will guard them and keep their hand on them up to V1. Nothing needs adjusting until you call for climb thrust at which point autothrottle is disconnected.

skyboy83
16th Jan 2018, 09:00
Discouraging people from joining Ryanair does a lot more good for the long term than just set a "bad mood". How are the crew that are fighting for better T&C gonna succeed in their pursuit if people such as yourself are so eager to accept the crappy deal that Ryanair is giving out?

Asking for a fresh cpl holder to ignore an offer starting his career to a 737 it is not a very smart idea. Let's be honest with ourselves. The best advice is to suggest the same pilots after 2 years who will be a 1500hrs SFOs and now have some negotiating ability (because of their experience) to ask for better salary.

Funny Username
16th Jan 2018, 15:52
Power levers move automatically. In the sim, just brief who will guard them and keep their hand on them up to V1. Nothing needs adjusting until you call for climb thrust at which point autothrottle is disconnected.

Great thanks v much

Kratz
16th Jan 2018, 17:15
Sharing is caring. Reports from this forum helped me a lot. Therefore I'll share my 2 cents.

APPLICATION
Applied in November. Email one month later. Call few days later, confirmation of the IR rating expiry date, how many resits at the CAA etc and an invitation for the January assessment in Dublin. Be prepared that you have to pay the 350 EUR for the assessment by the next morning and also fill out a small XLS file with your data and send it over via email. But no big deal.

ACCOMODATION
I recommend the Travelodge Dublin Airport North Swords. It’s situated right next to the FR HQ and offers a decent money – value ratio. The bed it comfortable, the pillows are small and firm and on the contrary to other hotels in Ireland I slept in the heating works great. I paid 61 EUR per night including breakfast. Book directly via Travelodge website – it’s cheaper than via booking.com.

THE ASSESMENT DAY
Got up at 6:20, had a shower, dressed up and at 7 AM went to the hotel restaurant to get the breakfast. The Ryanair building was just 5 minutes away, it's literally round the corner. I arrived at 7:45 and joined the other guys at the reception. At 8:00 we were picked up by the assessor (experienced FR pilot, around 65 years old) who showed us around. He showed us a cafeteria where we could later have a sandwich for lunch. We went to the first floor, went through a large open space office into the room with the simulator. There are 2 relatively small rooms next to it. One of which had a TV screen and was used for the initial presentation and the latter was used for interviews.

At the beginning the assessor selected the crews. It was basically in the way how we came into the room and sat - i.e. random, although he asked everyone whether they had an experience with the 737 from the MCC course and tried to put at least one person with a 737 experience into a crew (he made a few swaps).

After the crews were selected, the assessor told us to give him the original signed form (part of the briefing pack) and the copies of all remaining documents from the list. After that the approximately 40 minutes’ long presentation started. It was a basic summary of the briefing pack - no new information. He also gave us the charts NAVTECH charts of East Midlands containing in total 3 charts: East Midlands SID for Rwy 27, ILS 27 and NDB 27. Charts were printed on one A4 paper, double sided (2 charts on 1 page, landscape).

Our call sign was Ryanair 737. We got the ATIS: Rwy in use 27, wind 300/10, visibility 8 km, overcast 800 ft, temperature 15, Q1013.

And clearance: SID Trent 2N, climb to non-standard 5000 feet (standard is 6000), squawk 2345.

We were told that the weather won't change anyhow during the assessment.

After that we were told which crews go first. There were 2 crews being assessed in the morning (one crew did the interview, the other did the simulator and vice versa). After a lunch break it was the turn of the rest of the crews. The assessor asked us whether there was someone to catch a flight a and that everyone should be done by 15 o'clock latest. The morning crews even by 12 o'clock. Therefore, it's definitely feasible to fly home on the same day.

SIMULATOR
Anyway, I was in the first crew to fly the simulator. We got approximately 30 minutes for preparation, it was quite quick. After that we went to the simulator which was exactly the same as on the video (from the briefing pack). My crew partner volunteered to fly first as PF and chose the right seat to do so (there is a total freedom of choice whether to sit on the left or right). I was therefore the PM sitting on the left.

After we set the seats and the pedals (remember, one's heels need to be on the ground while the rudder pedals are not pushed and although one normally doesn't use the rudder in the air, one always need to guard the rudder pedals). After that the PF asked me to get the weather and clearance. The weather and the clearance were the same as mentioned before.

After that the PF did the briefing, started with the aircraft status, weather, Notams (just said that they were not applicable), SID, throttle handling, discussed possible threats and a basic emergency briefing. After that he told me to do the before take of check list (was done by the assessor) and call ready for departure.

We were cleared for take-off and took off according to the SOPs with flight directors on. At DME 1 we turned right to HDG 299 according to the SID and in the same time set climb thrust 90%. After few seconds the SID was canceled and we were told to proceed on current heading to 5000 feet. We bugged up and retracted flaps according to the schedule.

After that the flight directors were switched off and it was a time for the PF to familiarize with the aircraft. The assessor was really helpful and even helped with the correct thrust setting. Few normal turns, slow down to 170 kts with flaps 5 and then descent on idle thrust to 2000 feet while keeping the 170 kts. After that he froze the simulator and asked where we were. Each of use had to independently point on his chart. The rear of the ADF needle showed QDR 060 from the EME NDB and the distance from the ILS DME was around 10 NM. It was not difficult to find out that we were close to the Nottingham airport (EGBN). What followed was position freeze, my controls as the PM and an approach preparation by the pilot flying. The assessor later even froze the simulator completely for the approach briefing.

After that the PF flew vectors for ILS 27 and landed. Remember: No flaring is needed on this simulator. You can nicely fly with 750 ft/min right into the touch down point. (This was the official instruction from the assessor.) No emergency and the assessor was again very helpful with his advices. Full stop and crew change.

Now it was time for me to be the PF. Also from the right seat. Same weather, clearance and setup. I did the briefing, asked for the before take-off checklist and we were ready for departure.

Take off was according to the SOP with flight directors. Heading 299 and SID canceled and I was told to maintain heading and climb to 5000 feet. Flight directors off. After that some turns, deceleration to 170 kts with flaps 5. Descent to 3000 feet. After that turn to EME NDB for the procedural ILS 27. It was my choice to either do one round in the holding as the standard procedure prescribes or to use the alternative procedure (base turn). I opted for the alternative. In this moment the simulator was frozen so I could do the approach setup and briefing. We were above the airport, heading 090 directly to EME. I setup the aircraft and did the approach briefing. As we were about to unfreeze the simulator, we got a call from the cabin - sick passenger, no doctor on board. I told the number 1 to standby and help the passenger, I would call back shortly. The simulator was still frozen and we did the DODAR. Diagnose was clear, Options were either to accelerate so we land quicker or fly the normal approach speed. We quickly decided that we continue with the present configuration (170 Kts, flaps 5) as any acceleration wouldn't buy as much time and it would present a risk that we might have to go around which would be worse. We Assigned the roles: PM informs the ATC and I do the NITS briefing. And we reviewed it all, nothing to add.

And so we did. I called the number 1 and did the NITS briefing. Nature: Sick passenger Intention: Landing Time: 10 minutes from now which meant 10:25. And as for Specials: we will let the medical team to enter the aircraft first so they can help the passenger.

After that procedural ILS 27, no surprises and a full stop landing. That was the end of the session. Flight time approximately 60 minutes for the both of us, which means roughly 30 minutes each. That was really quick. The assessor was again really helpful.

INTERVIEW
After that my partner went straight to the interview. It took around 25 minutes. After him it was my turn. Present was the assessor from the simulator and one other gentleman from HR. At first some general questions about my life from high school, through the university and the first job. After that some questions on the integrated ATPL course I went to, the pilot school and a document check.

Then some questions on the MEP aircraft I flew with.

- What was its cruising speed? 130 knots.
- How much does it take to fly 20 NM. I said that by 120 knots it would be 2 NM per minute and hence 10 minutes. As we fly 130 knots, it would be approximately 9 minutes.
- What Anti-Icing equipment does the B737 have? Wings leading edge and engines (hot air), Pilot heat and windshield heating - electric.
- What is the V2? Take of safety speed.
- V2 needs to be higher than what? VMCA
- When do you need to reach this speed? At the screen height.
- What is the screen height? It the end of take-off. It's 50 feet for piston aircraft, 35 feet for jet aircraft (dry runway) or 15 feet (wet runway) given there is an engine failure at V1.
- At which point do you need to reach the screen height? If there is a clearway, then at the end of it. If there is no clearway, then at the end of the runway.
- How do you calculate cross wind. The formula says Sine of the wind angle from the aircraft intended path (e.g. Runway heading) x wind speed. Remember Sine for SIDE wind. In reality it's 50% of the wind speed for 30 degrees (Sine 30 deg = 0,5) and roughly 100% for 60 degrees and more.

After that it was the HR guys turn. He asked me why do I wish to join Ryanair. What are my strengths and weaknesses? If I was able to relocate? If I applied to any other airline? If I was willing to pay for the type rating?

At the end it was time for me to ask questions. I asked how much time is it now from the start of the Type rating course to the finish of line training: 6 months.
How is it with the base preference: It is somehow taken into account but no guarantee.
Where does the line training take place: anywhere on the network where they find a free line training captain. It could be at my future base but it could also be anywhere else. Pure chance.

That was it. I was done by 12 o'clock.

I got a positive email few days later.

RECOMMENDATIONS
- Study the Briefing pack they send you. You need to know all the speeds and procedures (it’s not that many!) by heart without any hesitation.

- Go through the procedures from your MCC again and focus on the roles and call outs. As a PM, Monitor the PF very closely but don’t be a dick. Don’t call SPEED 10 times if the PF flies 230 kts instead of 220. := Also don’t try to instruct the guy, you’re not and IP. On the other hand, if you set the flaps and the PF doesn’t say anything about the speed bug, feel free to set it for him. Just say, “I’ll set the speed for you” or so. Be helpful. Don’t do too much but also not too little. Be a team.

- Invest in some B737 FTD or FNPT. I did the FNPT and it was fully sufficient in terms of realism. It is better to fly more hours on the FNPT than less on the slightly more realistic but much more expensive FTD. I did 10 hours in total in the weeks before assessment and had no previous experience with the 737.

- Read this forum - scroll up at least one year back. Read all the tips and reports as well as interview questions and write them down. This helps a lot. :ok:

- Ace The Technical Pilot Interview - great book and an excellent source of information. You can download it for free if you google a bit.

- I bought this Assessment guide from Flight Deck Friend. Found it quite usefull.

- One more question I noticed by the other guys. One of them was asked: If there is an ILS approach with a DA of 402 ft and in met report there is an overcast 400 ft, will you probably see the runway? That might be a tricky question for pilots who mostly flew to airports around sea level. The DA is 402 ft AMSL whereas the ceiling in the met report is with the reference to the ground (AGL)! The ILS approach has the highest DH (decision HEIGHT) of 200 ft (cat 1). Given the fact that I'm allowed to descent to 200 ft AGL and the cloud ceiling is at 400 ft AGL, I will most likely be able to see the runway.

Fred332
17th Jan 2018, 08:22
Sharing is caring. Reports from this forum helped me a lot. Therefore I'll share my 2 cents.

Thank you for this awesome report! Congratulations and good luck!

XanderFly
17th Jan 2018, 14:56
Does Ryr accept print-outs from a digital logbook (at the day of the assessment), or do I need to bring a handwritten paper logbook?

Kratz
17th Jan 2018, 16:13
They want "EASA approved Logbook with all flight hours logged (Please bring all original logbooks)". Not sure whether a print out could be considered as an EASA approved logbook. In doubt just check with them via email.

XanderFly
17th Jan 2018, 17:33
Thanks Kratz. I am not going to take any risk and will bring my paper logbook. First I need to ‘copy’ 150 flights unfortunately.

angel.pilot
19th Jan 2018, 08:31
The assessment should be the same, more or less..
The difference is that (in that day) there are only APC assessments, so there should not be anyone with a lot of experience and someone without.. The level is pretty much the same for everyone, but everyone comes from a good preparation let's say, as it's the flight school to choose them for this program.

PLUS, in case of positive feedback, you don't have to pay the TR, but the company pays for you and then they take from the salary every month.

Delta Golf Mike
19th Jan 2018, 10:19
Is there any truth that they are offering a bond to cadets who are not on APC?

angel.pilot
19th Jan 2018, 12:14
I really don't know about that!
My friend recently joined Ryanair paying the entire TR..

Fred332
20th Jan 2018, 16:41
Isn't MCC a minimum req.?

XanderFly
20th Jan 2018, 16:52
Not for the APC program.

Fred332
21st Jan 2018, 08:46
Got it, I have thought that he was talking about standard cae application.

Keane1981
21st Jan 2018, 15:43
Hello guys,
Congrats the ones are in!
I am worried about the age, right now, finnishing the CPL with 36 years old.
How old are you?
Any experience with age above 30?
Thanks!

mailaida
21st Jan 2018, 17:46
A friend of mine:

-positive mail at the end of July.
-Start TR in August and finished at the end of October.
-Base training 2 weeks after, first week of Nov.
-First LT flight in DUB on the 29th of January.

Dreamboy737
22nd Jan 2018, 09:46
I applied for the Ryanair program more than two years ago. Then applyed again when the web site changed, and requested to reapply and upload all the documentation. Never got any response e-mail or call.

A few days ago I received an e-mail from ATCAMS-Assessment Pilot Provisioning saying that "Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process."

I'm surprised to receive this, as I never heard of this kind of mails informing about the application not proceeding. I always heard of some people just waiting forever as I was.

Did someone received some communication like this?

Whiskey Hotel
22nd Jan 2018, 10:23
Keane1981

Age not as important as it once was. I know three guys who got hired by ryanair in recent months who are between 35-38.

Dreamboy737
22nd Jan 2018, 11:59
I'm not so sure about that. Finished my ATPL with almost 40. Did my MCC-JOC and applyed. All my friends from school have been called and hired. I never received any e-mail, or call for 2-3 years.

oldkarim
22nd Jan 2018, 13:35
Dreamboy737

Have you preoviusly worked for them as cabin crew or ops in the past? Sometimes it happens in this case but I don't know why:ugh:

AviaView
22nd Jan 2018, 13:45
Hey guys,

I just received positive news that I can start at Ryanair later this year. Because this topic helped me a lot I thought I wanted to share my experiences, timeline and questions.

Applied: October 2017
Call: Half December 2017
Interview: Half January 2018

Overall the whole setting is quite personal and relaxed. A joke here and there, very friendly people.

Simulator Session
1st (PM): East Midlands TNT2N departure to 6000ft. Some normal turns, climbing and descending. Fly heading, point location on chart. DCT EME. Aft toilet smoke (DODAR/NITS), prepare for approach. ILS/DME RWY 27 at EMA. Landing.
2nd (PF): East Midlands to 2NM IEME left turn HDG 180 climb 5000ft. Some normal turns, climbing descending, accelerations and slowing down. DCT EME to join hold. Explain holding entry. Aft toilet smoke (DODAR/NITS). Fly outbound in holding over EME and then approach ILS/DME 27 (glideslope failure, continue on visual reference). Landing.

Technical questions
- What is decompression and how can you recognize a decompression?
- What are your actions as Cabin Attendant during a decompression? When are you allowed to help other passengers?
- To what altitude do we descent during an emergency descent? What if we fly near mountains?
- What do you need for thunderstorms to form? Name three things.
- Explain why thunderstorms can form and why these cloud types get so big.
- Would you fly through thunderstorms? Why not?
- What is a great circle and what is rhumb line? What is their difference? -
- When do we use great circles and when do we use rhumb lines? How do they loo like from a navigational point of view?
- What navigation systems does the Boeing 737 have?
- How does GPS work?
- How many seats does a Boeing 737 have?

HR
- Introduce yourself.
- Why did I choose the job as Cabin Attendant? Did I like it?
- Have you had any problems with passengers? How did you cope with it?
- What’s the hardest decision you had to make last recently?
- What’s the biggest achievement in your life so far?
- Tell a weakness.
- If you would loose your medical, what is your back up plan?
- If this doesn’t turn out positive, what is your back up plan?
- When can you start the Type Rating?
- Can you pay for your Type Rating and how?

Keane1981
22nd Jan 2018, 15:17
Keane1981

Age not as important as it once was. I know three guys who got hired by ryanair in recent months who are between 35-38.

Thanks a lot WH!

cleartoland76
22nd Jan 2018, 17:14
I applied for the Ryanair program more than two years ago. Then applyed again when the web site changed, and requested to reapply and upload all the documentation. Never got any response e-mail or call.

A few days ago I received an e-mail from ATCAMS-Assessment Pilot Provisioning saying that "Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process."

I'm surprised to receive this, as I never heard of this kind of mails informing about the application not proceeding. I always heard of some people just waiting forever as I was.

Did someone received some communication like this?

Hello Dreamboy I received the same email ....
I applied 1 year ago and had no response until 2 days ago ....
I think it's a matter of "age" .... I'm 41 and I guess I'm too old for them....
I applied with 2 friend and they have been called within 2 weeks ....
they are 33 .....

flyensek
22nd Jan 2018, 19:01
I have a question, I read about they are offering a bond to cadets who are not on APC, is there any truth?

left_base
23rd Jan 2018, 09:03
Hi all,

Do people generally recommend Upilot for the sim assessment prep? Currently undecided between them and Simtech.

Thanks

XanderFly
23rd Jan 2018, 11:40
I have a question, I read about they are offering a bond to cadets who are not on APC, is there any truth?Hope so, because that implies Ryr is paying (a part) of the TR :ok:

But I haven't heard these stories from new cadets.

the737lover
24th Jan 2018, 01:56
Hi all, I was on the CAE website and I have entered the dates of the MEIR wrong as I only wanted to check what docs are to be uploaded, now I have a training request with wrong dates, any idea if I can edit this? I have also contacted the Admin but no reply... shall I call CAE? Thanks!

cavok82
24th Jan 2018, 08:48
Hi ,

So you were cabin attendant before ?
What was your total flight time once they invited You for an interview ?

Thanks

cavok82
24th Jan 2018, 09:58
I am planning to apply to Ryanair with total flying time of 200 hrs and all other requirements. Am I having any chances to be invited for an interview ?

Martin_123
24th Jan 2018, 10:51
The Foss

I have the APC bond contract in front of me, I would have accepted it if not for getting a job on a legacy carrier at my home town.

Nothing is deducted from your pay as you are suggesting. The bond is effectively for 6 years and the longer you stay the less you have to pay to Ryanair if you quit. After 6 years you pay nothing. There is also a clause and a few hints and provisions to indicate, that they are actually expecting you to take a command upgrade and become an employee of Ryanair after 4 years, in which case your ltd is liquidated and you owe nothing to nobody. It is a good deal, especially if you're young and don't have anything to tie you down to a specific place

cavok82
24th Jan 2018, 12:07
femalepilot98;

Really good feedback on how assessment looks like.
Thanks

Dreamboy737
24th Jan 2018, 15:24
Dreamboy737

Have you preoviusly worked for them as cabin crew or ops in the past? Sometimes it happens in this case but I don't know why:ugh:

No, never. I think is age related as I’m over 40.

Hello Dreamboy I received the same email ....
I applied 1 year ago and had no response until 2 days ago ....
I think it's a matter of "age" .... I'm 41 and I guess I'm too old for them....
I applied with 2 friend and they have been called within 2 weeks ....
they are 33 .....

Thanks for the information. It seems so, as I’m over 40 too. All my friends on the 20s, 30s have been called. So the requirement “under 65” don’t seems to be correct.

It’s a shame, as I’m sure people with 40 can have the same skills, and some times even more, and in a couple of years have good experience for the company.

Martin_123
24th Jan 2018, 15:37
fredbr

I sent an email to mcginleyaviation asking about the scheme, giving some brief background of myself, why I want it etc. That was months ago. When all hope was lost they came back to me asking to send in all sort of paperwork. Then silence again for weeks. Then a phone interview, then assessment just like already mentioned here, that part is exactly the same.

Then I got sent a contract, but because I was doing two other assessments beforehand I got an offer from other airline and I took it.

I wouldn't like to release sensitive details about the contract as I'm not sure if I can be held liable, the contract does specify it is confidential. Pay wise it is the roughly the same as mentioned on ppjn for McGinley contracts except there's no 30 euro per SBH, its less after release of the safety pilot but after line check it is what's stated on PPJN for McGinley all the way to the top - it's exactly the same

as for the general feeling of the contract - like I said, for Ryanair I think it's the step in the right direction and it gives people a chance. If you're not comfortable with the financial penalties that might result form you quitting early - don't take it.. or.. remember, it is LTD after all.. as in Limited Liability.. Announce your company bankrupt and there's sticks all they can do, it is the company that will owe them money, not the individual

Val17f
24th Jan 2018, 20:05
Good evening everyone,

I've received this email from CAE RYR cadet program.

#Thank you for completing your application.

Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course.
Kind regards,

CAE

Did someone received some communication like this email?
Application sent in April 2017. Never received any news before.

AviaView
25th Jan 2018, 07:48
Hi ,

So you were cabin attendant before ?
What was your total flight time once they invited You for an interview ?

Thanks

Think you’re mentioning me. Yes, I worked as a Cabin Attendant for four months last year. That’s why I got the more specific questions about that. I had a total of 173 actual hours.

Martin_123
25th Jan 2018, 10:12
Yes sorry for misphrasing. Nothing is ‘deducted’ you just get paid a lower rate per hour than every other cadet, so it is effectively the same thing. And you’re also bonded for the value on top of that. If Ryanair wasn’t getting that money back everyone would be taking these deals!

the only time you are paid a lower salary is in that period between your safety pilot removal and your line check - which is what - 1 - 1.5 months? After that salaries are exactly the same

everybody cant be taking these deals simply because not everyone is offered one!

WestonFlyer
25th Jan 2018, 12:07
Guys the APC is a fantastic deal. I'd have love to have gotten it. Facing down 30K bank loan on top of your training dept isn't a nice thing.

6 year commitment is good no matter what age you are. Eventually during that time you'll likely get back to or close to your home base, you'll make command faster than anywhere else and potential for training roles.

Can not understand what the flack is about.

Martin_123
25th Jan 2018, 12:36
exactly, there are some people who will whinge about everything, discussing a contract they haven't even seen is rich!

WestonFlyer
25th Jan 2018, 12:38
Well said! :ok:

Martin_123
25th Jan 2018, 16:12
ehh... I have seen both contracts ok?

Martin_123
25th Jan 2018, 16:21
tell me how is this any different from having a 30k+ loan in your bank + interest to pay? Do you think guys who walk in with their "self-paid" TR get to just hit and run whenever they don't fancy something?

If you have cash on hand, by all means paying your own TR is probably wiser if you like to remain flexible, but for most of us - after completing the flight school and MCC we simply don't have 30k to burn.. if you're really pushed on your knees two years down the line and get a nice offer from ME3 or whatever, you can take a loan then and buy yourself out, what's the problem? Most of APC graduates will probably be reasonably happy with what they have and for those that wont be - taking a loan to buy yourself out when you have a seat arranged at a well paid position will be a wiser financial decision anyway - bigger salary - faster repayment, less interest paid..

appfo09
25th Jan 2018, 17:30
How can somebody apply for the APC Programme? Is it recommended to redo an MCC course if let's say you are accepted to join this Programm?

Thank you and any ideas would highly be appreciated!

angel.pilot
25th Jan 2018, 19:21
Someone is saying that this APC programme is actually not good and they are saying all the negative things about it...
I wanna tell you something positive: with the APC (hoping everything goes good) I could join Ryanair. Without I couldn't, as I don't have 30k for the TR and I don't have a way to ask for a loan. That's the thing!! You don't need to have the money right away. So it's actually very good for whoever doesn't have 30k available right away.

Then they take it from the salary and in total I'll pay more then someone that paid 30k before the TR as they can deduct from taxes payment.. that's true, but at least I can start working like this! Without it, I couldn's.. I couldn't like a lot of other new pilots.

Now you can say that is very bad thing Ryan is doing.. ok, maybe it is (according to me not), but I don't care, everything I want is that job!

WestonFlyer
26th Jan 2018, 11:54
I still stand by what I said. The APC is a great chance for any low time pilot. If you want to be based at home you're in the wrong profession IMHO.

mwaura737
27th Jan 2018, 10:29
Hallo guys i wanted to share my story with you guys. I as first assessed 2014 and i didn't get the Job. Since then i've been just waiting for a new assessement i have searched and applied to dozens on airliners but no reply. I decided that to apply for Ryanair again last year. I applied in November and got the phone call in december. Note since last year i have been flying (SEP) regulary and updating my CV.
The interview.
I decided to buy a pre assessment pack with simcheck since it was almost 6 years since i did my MCC and aslo to be family with the B737.. I can say it was worth every penny and would recommend it to everybody.

Arrival to dublin headquaters.
One of the assessor picked as up and went through how the day would be. went through a powerPoint presentations .. Please listen kinley on the presentation they give you good tips and pitch and power settings. The aslo tell you that everything during the sim ride can be confirmed by using your eyes.. they will be no tricks or something like that. Pay attention to that.. EVERYTHING IN THE SIM ASSESSEMENT CAN BE CONFIRMED BY YOU LOOKING AT THE INSTRUMENTS OR OUTSIDE.
I was called for the interview first
general Hr questions and questions about my current MEP aircraft.. Da 42
Explain the engines of the DA42? how many horse powers does the engine have. I didn't know the answer so i told him i didn't know but i could find it out.
How many batteries does it have?
Describe the de icing system?
Then he asked my generall questions about the 737
which engines?
how many seats?
Number of crew?
How many emergency exits. I looked behind him and saw a 737 so i started counting the exits. He laughed at me and said that its good that im using my eyes to confirm :D
Next up was the sim.
i was pm TNT4G departure out of BHX after climbing to 5000 ft sid cancled and did some airwork followed by accelerations to 250 and descel to 170 .. dont forget the flaps scheduel. set 210 first then flaps one then 190 flaps 5 then set speed 170. the sim was frozen and he asked us where we were and after that we had an emergency ATC strike at our destination so we did a DODAR and decided to head back to BHX.
Dont forget to ask about the weather and aslo if the weight is limiting if you are to heavy to land. The assessor liked this question. After that did a NIts brief and a PA. After that full procedure raw data approach and land with no issues . I had exactly the same apart from that we were on a differnt QDM when he froze the sim. After that i was cleared dct to BHX NDB and then cleared the approach when approaching the FIX.
I got positive feeaback on the 27th. Unfortunatly my partner was rejected. I dont know why coz he flew really well and we had good CRM in the cockpit. helped each other all the time and talked about everything.
Make sure that you are an active PM and aslo help the PF in all ways you can. And as PF make sure the keep the PF on the Loop when doing the excirses and aslo what you expect from him. I had my PM read the distance on the DME for me so i knew when to commence the turn to intercept and aslo once intercepted make sure you make small corrections dont overbank or apply to much power you will destabalised. Make small small corrections.
I wish you all the best and dont give up on your dreams.

XanderFly
27th Jan 2018, 16:57
For the sim part: are you free to set-up the EFIS-panel to your liking at the approaching? Approach mode or map mode, center/not center... Or should it remain in approach (rose) mode for instance? And what is the wind aloft at 2.500 ft (for the holding part)?

XanderFly
27th Jan 2018, 19:07
Fredbr. Also in map mode the loc and gs are available at the PFD. In app mode, only heading is displayed (at the ND and PFD) However, during approach I prefer to see my track. I think it’s easier to make proper corrections with track displayed, instead of hdg.

ROKVIATOR
27th Jan 2018, 20:03
fredbr

That's correct, if you don't have the APP you won't do the precision app.

Your assessment sounded really chilly and friendly! I'd pay to see you counting the emergency exits, I am sure that the guy reminded you when assessing whether you pass or not! The outcome... it is obvius. Well done mate!:D

Any report from your comrades in the same day? Difficult questions or w/e?

mwaura737
28th Jan 2018, 07:28
Fredbr. Also in map mode the loc and gs are available at the PFD. In app mode, only heading is displayed (at the ND and PFD) However, during approach I prefer to see my track. I think it’s easier to make proper corrections with track displayed, instead of hdg.

You are free to use which ever mode you are comfortable with. Just try and keep it simple.. We used vor and APP mode but you can select which mode suits you best.

appfo09
28th Jan 2018, 10:48
Has anybody of you have two or more accounts created on the CAE website?

Thank you!

ayrtonsenna
29th Jan 2018, 10:42
Yes. I dont know how it happened! Set up 2 mins apart and I cant figure out how to delete one of them.

Kratz
31st Jan 2018, 10:20
Hey guys, do you have a clue whether it's a good idea to opt out from "The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003"? I got such form from the the RYR accounting agency and I may choose whether to opt out or not. Any ideas? Thanks!

mrspinx
31st Jan 2018, 13:08
Ladies and Gents,

I have an assessment with RYR in the coming weeks. Although I would love to work for RYR I do need to weigh up some facts and figures. I have a couple of questions about the whole process which I can't seem to find any previous posts on.

The first and second question is for those that have completed their TR.

1. Did you get the base you requested? if not was it even in the same country? If the base was overseas can you still commute on the Ryr network? (actually three questions!)

2. I know the initial TR cost is 29500Eu. Could someone give a rough breakdown of first year expenses for hotels, uniform, travel etc? I would also like to know approx first year salary (please feel free to PM if you don't want this to be public)

3. Lastly a random one. For the assessment day most people probably have to check out of their hotels unless staying a second night. What do people do with their luggage? I wouldn't ordinarily turn up to an interview with a small suitcase haha

Thanks

Kratz
31st Jan 2018, 13:35
1. The base preference is being taken into account to some extent. Depending on what your preference is it might take up to 1 - 2 years to get to the base you selected as number one (if it's a small one with 1 or 2 aircraft). That's my rough assesment based on what I heard from people around me. No guarantee... Yeah you can commute free of charge while wearing a FR uniform.

2. Type rating costs are 29500 + approx 10000 for the rest. 40k EUR all in. The block hour salary is not a secret information as it's written all over the internet. Look at the page 361 of this thread.

3. Any hotel on this planet will let you leave your luggage at the reception after you check out. Even if you take a small trolley with you to the assesment, noone will be bothered. The guys are there to asses your performance not to check how many bags you have with you. Stay at the Travelodge Swords. It's cheap, the the rooms are nice and it's round the corner from FR HQ.

mrspinx
31st Jan 2018, 19:39
3. Any hotel on this planet will let you leave your luggage at the reception after you check out. Even if you take a small trolley with you to the assesment, noone will be bothered. The guys are there to asses your performance not to check how many bags you have with you. Stay at the Travelodge Swords. It's cheap, the the rooms are nice and it's round the corner from FR HQ.

Thanks for the info. Although the salary is easy to find online, it's not so easy to find out the first year expenses which significantly add to the cost.

I will make sure my luggage has 'Ryanair' and 'I want to be a pilot' stickers covering it! #inception

XanderFly
31st Jan 2018, 23:05
mrspinx

They really don’t care if you’re bringing a suitcase or whatsoever. The assessors are very friendly and willing to help you. Let them know you’ve got a flight to catch and they probably schedule in the morning group.

mrspinx
1st Feb 2018, 09:03
Thanks XanderFly that's good to know

UAV689
1st Feb 2018, 14:45
Guys, please all make sure your aware of the current delays in training at ryanair.

From passing base training to starting line training, it is an average at present of about 4 months. UNPAID! please be aware when budgeting.

UAV689
1st Feb 2018, 16:14
New cadets i speak with! Inly yesterday in fact!

Skyhigh_
1st Feb 2018, 16:41
Not sure who you were talking to, but I heard from a reliable source that they have now cleared the backlog they had last year

syn
1st Feb 2018, 21:17
FYI, some of the FOs coming out of line training at the moment have been waiting for their first payslip for over 6 months. So no 1/1.5 months whatsoever...

UAV689
2nd Feb 2018, 10:30
Like i said, speaking with a cadet this week, on his second day of line training after doing his base training 3 months ago.

They are now advertising for “training FO”, not SFI’s, but a new role where by an fo will join cadets in the fixed bases sims, as they are waiting so long before they fly they forget what a cockpit looks like.

Every week advertising for new line trainers as well, certainly doesnt look like a back log is cleared!

Just make sure you budget accordingly. It will be at least 9 months from joining before you get a penny from ryanair.

Jaair
2nd Feb 2018, 16:29
Do Ryanair tend to hire approx. the same amount of cadets year round? Any "ideal" time to finish all the training to start applying?

aerodestination
3rd Feb 2018, 13:13
looks like there were around 1100 pilots hired last year. Expect the same numbers this year, not any particular time that is favourable to get in. Just apply and if you meet the requirements it is very likely to get a call for the interview.

Jaair
3rd Feb 2018, 15:09
Thanks. I was curious as I assumed they may have a higher intake during the last few months of the year to prepare for high season.

Deveriick
5th Feb 2018, 09:38
Hello everyone. Thought I would post some feedback as for the most part this forum was generally useful.
Background - 20 Y/O, finished training 4 months ago. around 240 hours. (DA20,C172,DA42 and then MCC/JOC on 737). 3rd Interview (Jet2, Aer Lingus and RYR).

Applied around end of Nov 2017, they responded within a week, sent my signed flight report in 4 weeks later, within 2 days they called offering me an assessment end of January 2018.
The phone call itself was very simple, asked about all my results, first time passes, any fails throughout training? no, etc. All easy. They then gave me a date straight away and sent through the RYR forms to fill in.

Good place to stay - Clayton hotel, really good quality place about 7 mins away. Depending on budget obviously. (prem inn 5 min walk away).

Assessment - Arrived by 7.45am for an early 8am start. Day gets kicked off with presentation about RYR and giving them all copies of documents. Then the first pair go into the sim and the other pair go into an interview. On my day it was 8 people, so 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.
Simulator - Departure was a WAL2T from LPL. They amended the clearance and climbed us to 5000ft. Then some general air work, speed up, turns, and climb/descend at 1000/2000ft per min. Before finally getting us to slow down 170 and flap 5. He then asked me to point out positon on the map. and asked what hold entry it would be. (Direct) we then carried out the procedural ILS for RWY 27. No holding was required, he said i could if i didn't set up for the approach in time. However i did and went straight outbound.
Emergency - Fire in cabin on the outbound leg, (hand over control, give him SA of position, mayday call, DODAR+NITS). Got back control in time for the base turn to intercept localiser.
They constantly give advice and tips on how you are doing, even may set the thrust (57%N1) for you. There's no tricks in the sim and believe me you will know if you've passed or failed based on your performance in the sim, he will be very complimentary on good things and critical on bad things.
Advice - Ensure you actually know how to trim and fly a 737 accurately, they want to see you flying the correct attitudes and power settings, if you've waited a long time for this opportunity ensure you Book sims in the 737 for practice, this will make the difference. If you do bust altitude by 100ft etc just relax and correct for it. People will say its about CRM, which it is, however, they want to see you can actually fly and pass a type rating course and go onto be a competent pilot. With regards to CRM speak to your partner, encourage each other and work as a team, exactly like MCC. Its a great opportunity to show off your manual flying skills so don't be nervous, just relax and enjoy it.

Technical interview + HR interview.
I wasn't looking forward to the technical questions in all fairness, as they can ask such a broad range of questions. They started by asking me about the 737.
Flight controls on the 737, how do they work? As soon as i got talking and mentioned the hydraulic system, bang next question came.
What can you tell us about the hydraulic system?
V2? what is it?
Where is the screenheight?
DA20 speeds, how far would you get in 15 mins doing 105 knots?
That was pretty much it, no new questions or tricks that aren't out there. For prep i used 'Ace the pilot technical interview', Used some B737 type rating documents for the systems, and latestpilotinterviews.com for the HR and general aviation questions they could ask. *Lenticular cloud, advection fog, windshear etc'. Just to be sure.
HR questions?
Why Ryanair?
What can you contribute to RYR?
Why didn't you go EasyJet?
Why did you accept Jet2?
Tell us about yourself and your background?
Hardest part of training?
Quick run through on all your training to date, all marks and everything passed first time questions.
What have you been doing since finishing training?
Any questions?

That was it, the end of a very enjoyable day. Finished for about 3/4pm. EVERYTHING you need to pass this assessment is out there, whether its on here or other paid websites. As for the sim get as much practice as you can and show them youre good enough to pass the Type rating and you have good CRM.
A few days later they will send the positive email, for me its around the middle of April for induction. 4/8 passed on the day, which was only 1 from each pair.

Good luck to everyone in the coming months, and I hope you are successful.

Airone2977
5th Feb 2018, 11:57
Does anyone know if it's possible to work after the end of the line training before the beginning of the line training ? I'm self-employed in computing and need to reimburse my loan, pay my rent and so on :D

If you're self employed that shoudn't be an issue for you to work, don't ask don't tell; however be ready to be called for sim refresh at least once a week, at your own cost off course (except travel).
Friends told me the total cost for the course, all included reach 45KE

pacerutti
5th Feb 2018, 12:02
Thank you very much for these informations.

Once a week for the simulator ... i believed it was once a month.

Do you have any fresh news about the delay before starting the Line training ?

mrspinx
5th Feb 2018, 12:41
What's the going rate for an individual sim refresh?

anderse
5th Feb 2018, 12:48
Expansion is planned but even the huge numbers coming in are being pretty much wiped out by endless resignations.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/05/ryanair-chief-pilots-michael-oleary-strikes

O’Leary denied there was a shoftfall, saying Ryanair had recruited 1,100 cadets and would hire a further 1,000 pilots in 2018.

From this, I understand that 2 100 pilots will be hired in 2018?
That will be equivalent to ca. 210 aircrafts. Ryanair will obviously not receive 210 aircrafts in 2018, so most of the 2 100 pilots will be hired to cover up the endless resignations. Any thoughts?

A340300IBE
5th Feb 2018, 13:18
Hi all
I have followed this thread over some years now. I want to give the guys thinking about applying some info regarding the current situation.

So by bow everyone knows how the application process works, and there numerous experiences in this forum of what to expect on THE DAY.
Once you get selected, expect a lot of emails with all the steps to take, the paperwork you need and the money. Type rating is about 30k in euros. Apart from that you will need at least another 10k euros for the rest: uniform, company ID card, accommodation during Type Rating, Initial flight to the Type rating city, food and some money for after the type rating when your waiting to start line training and The first month to two months after starting the line training. Unfortunately, it’s not always been like this that you have to wait so long something like 2 to 3 months, can be a lottery. But not enough line training Captains for the number of cadets joining the company. So over all money wise you will need 40k to 45k depending as well what accommodation you choose and if you need extra stuff. It does sound a lot in the short run but it really is an investment. With the current salary, post line training, you will recover this money within the first 18 months. Remember that with Ryanair you build hours quick on a jet aircraft for the guys looking to maybe applying to legacy carriers back home or other airlines. For the guys looking to stay in Ryanair after gaining experience as an FO you can become an SFI or command within 4 years of joining the company, to be very honest, it is the one of the best opportunities out there in Europe, and the company is trying to improve their treatment towards its employees.

In terms of bases, you get to chose 5 bases. You might get one of them or none of them. If you wait, at some point its fairly probable you will get one of the bases. During summer a few bases open up for the summer period and you may apply for them. Ibiza, Alghero, Corfu, Burgas and one other is open during the summer.

The flying is great, lots of destinations, real good maintenance, friendly crews and ground crews.

To most cadets out there, the money can initially seem like a set back and not getting your preferred base initially will suck but let’s get honest here, starting an airline career on a 737 around Europe with 200h doesn’t give you the position to complain or choose much. When you get to the 1500hrs on type and many options open up, go ahead. Remember our friends across the pond can only get into regionals with 1500hrs. If you’re not in your chosen base try and enjoy it, make friends. Make a good and positive experience out of it. There will be other Cabin crew and pilots that are not in their preferred base but they make the most out of it and you end making some very memorable moments. One thing that everyone is doing is joining the local union, a good idea and initiative that everyone should take.

Good luck to everyone.

pacerutti
5th Feb 2018, 13:53
Is the suit mandatory for the assessment ? May be my question is weird but i’m not familiar with irish culture for an interview ...

i’ve done many interviews on France and a lot of Time without a suit.
Is it different in irish culture ?

thank you

HES1998
5th Feb 2018, 16:13
How much time do they normally give between the phone call and the interview?

Jaair
5th Feb 2018, 16:29
anderse

The article suggests that O'leary denies the cancellation of flights in 2017 being due to a shortage of pilots as the airline had hired 1100 pilots (in 2017). A further 1000 pilots will be hired in 2018. That's my take on it.

I think Ryanair will be hiring cadets at this rate until at least 2020, where the 737 MAX 200 deliveries will be coming in.

PilotJ77
6th Feb 2018, 21:40
Hey there guys,

Application: 22nd of November 2017
Phone call: 20th of December 2017
Assessment: January 23rd 2018
Positive mail: January 26th 2018
Start date: 23rd of April 2018

The assessment was the same as described here, very helpful thread. Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone!

krik767
7th Feb 2018, 08:29
Hey guys

Anyone knows if we can use FORDEC instead of the DODAR for the CRM?

Thanks guys

Ars123
7th Feb 2018, 11:28
PilotJ77

Hey man Congrats to being successful in the assessment. Would be nice if you give us a quick feedback about the questions you were asked!

Cheers

flyfan
7th Feb 2018, 16:10
Hey guys

Anyone knows if we can use FORDEC instead of the DODAR for the CRM?

Thanks guys

Well it's basically the same...so I guess there shouldn't be much of a difference. I'd talk to your sim partner before which one you will use or ask the assessors, but I don't think they'll mind.

XanderFly
7th Feb 2018, 21:18
Both are fine. Assessors don’t care, as long as you apply one of both.

PilotMob
7th Feb 2018, 21:52
I was wondering if someone would be able to help me. I am trying to submit my application for the Ryanair cadet programme through the CAE website. Once I fill out the training request section and attach my documents there seems to be no button to submit my application. If I go back to the training request section, none of my information is there. Any ideas?

PilotMob
8th Feb 2018, 14:44
If I remember correctly, it will be sent automatically once all documents have been uploaded. Then just check the status of your application. If it says submitted it's alright.

Ah I see. I have uploaded my documents but there is no indication as to whether the application has been sent or not. Can't see any section for me to check the status either. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

XanderFly
8th Feb 2018, 16:59
Looks normal to me, if you also have filled in the profile page (with hours, ratings, etc.)

ROKVIATOR
8th Feb 2018, 17:22
It is the normal thing. I don't know why they haven't updated that as everyone ( the first time ) seems to be thinking that their uploads aren't in their database.

You have everything right so, just wait :ok:

CessNah
8th Feb 2018, 20:32
Quick question folks,
I've sent out the training request a couple of weeks ago now but does anybody know roughly how long until I could potentially hear back from them? Will they also email me with a heads up prior to giving out a phone call or should I keep my phone within arms reach while I wait?
Thanks a bunch!

JUST-local
9th Feb 2018, 13:46
CessNah
A few pages back you will see someone got a call the day after APC application!
CAE applications seem to get some attention between two weeks and two months from completion, some on here claim several years! No real pattern.

sunji
9th Feb 2018, 14:19
you dont have to take a sim session before. was there without any 737 expirience and got the job. just fly the requested heading and hold alt and ur fine.

CessNah
9th Feb 2018, 16:53
JUST-local

Thanks for the reply! I've had a read around here and likewise can't really sense any sort of patterns! Hopefully now that it's the post Christmas season the timescale is being brought down I'd hope, I know a couple of guys and gals who applied in early December but only really heard back at the end of January... Hopefully not that long to go :D

OOVNI
9th Feb 2018, 18:17
Hi guys, for those who've been through the assessment, what kind of weather did you get? Full IFR or something in the middle?

XanderFly
9th Feb 2018, 22:06
I hope you mean IMC ;)

For everyone: 800 ft ovc, 8 km, 1013 hpa, temp 15 degrees. Wind is usually 10 knots, 30 degrees left or right.

Bombs Away
12th Feb 2018, 08:14
Well, after 5 years in the system finally got a PFO email from them after an email a few weeks back saying they were interested in my application and to update my documents. I really can’t figure out what was wrong with my application as it seems almost everyone else is getting called for this. System is seriously flawed.

ster
12th Feb 2018, 10:11
Bombs Away...Can I ask your age?

aerodestination
12th Feb 2018, 12:31
I am not sure how flawed the system is but by the sounds of it they prefer to call people who recently applied.

I can defenitely see the logic there since there is a pretty big chance that someone found other employment in those 5 years, so the chance of someone accepting an interview is a lot bigger when calling people who recently applied.

looking at the avarage response time and numbers of interview spots available weekly, it looks like they are reaching the bottom of the database. That is why they might be calling people who are in the database for a lot longer.

Ryanair is planning to hire another 1000 pilots this year alone, primarily cadets. Interesting times...

Kalanor
12th Feb 2018, 13:14
Ah I see. I have uploaded my documents but there is no indication as to whether the application has been sent or not. Can't see any section for me to check the status either. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

Hey
I got the same problem here. Is there any solution to this problem? Or do I have a chance to check if my application was submitted?

Skyhigh_
12th Feb 2018, 16:29
They are very strict with paperwork so if I were you I'd make sure I have everything in order

HES1998
13th Feb 2018, 12:06
dlcmdrx

It says that if you dont have the documents you wont be able to do the assessment, don't know how strict they are on it but sounds pretty strict.

HES1998
13th Feb 2018, 22:56
I received the "Please complete your application" about a day after I first submitted a few documents, After I submitted the documents I let them know via email and they confirmed and said that my application is fully completed, eventually received the email for the phone call, then got the date.

CessNah
14th Feb 2018, 11:38
Roughly how long did you have between the confirmation that your application was fully complete and then the phone call?

HES1998
14th Feb 2018, 18:19
Got the email for the phone call roughly 3 weeks after the initial email about my application being complete, then got the phone call about 5 days after the email.

CessNah
15th Feb 2018, 18:18
Spot on! Literally right after reading this I received the email exactly 3 weeks later haha!

yankee.romeo
15th Feb 2018, 18:49
hi guys, any suggestion for Sim prepartion....Have you trained anywhere?

Jet01
16th Feb 2018, 06:18
Hello Guys!
I did my interview last September but unfortunately i was unsuccessful, but my question is after how long they usually give a second chance?
Thank you in advance!

tinus823
16th Feb 2018, 10:52
Hi guys! did some one received this e-mail * and after been call it for the interview ?

*"Thank you for completing your application. Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course"

thank you

Val17f
16th Feb 2018, 15:50
tinus823

Yes followed 4 week later by this one:
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your “recent” application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 (Ryanair) type-rating program.

Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.

Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline (or CAE) to provide additional feedback regarding your application.

Really disappointed to have received the following message. 14 years of experience in aeronautics as aircraft engineer, flights dispatcher (Ryanair flight) and B737 non type rated Simulator Instructor is not enough for us. I thought that my experience could have been a plus. But they prefer to judged first my age. Yes I'm only 38 years! I can still fly for the next 27 years.

Good luck!

billyballo
17th Feb 2018, 12:25
I received the same email, " please note we will only contact ect ect " , i am 37 year old , 2000 h flying for a company in remote area , should i expect the same as you? I alredy had an interview in 2016 with ryan and i failed, this should be second chance

Val17f
17th Feb 2018, 13:02
You should receive an email like: yes or no for the next step. I think with 2000H flying, the answer will be positive.
I have less flight times. Which upset me, is the fact that I prepare pilots for the simulator assessement such as Ryanair, Norwegian and Emirate in addition to my job as Flights Dispatcher.
Once again Good luck!

pilot73794
17th Feb 2018, 15:09
Hello guys,
Anyone on the intro week 23th April in EMA? It would be a good idea to share information about how the process looks like from now. Feel free to contact me.

On the other hand, I would like to share my experience on the assessment day:
- From initial application to call, 1 month, then assessment 3 weeks later
- Accommodation: I recommend the Travelodge Dublin Airport North Swords, it is just 5 min walking form RYR HQ and it has a shuttle bus service from / to Dublin airport.
- Sim assessment: Nothing to add, everything is on this forum. We used Navtech charts and EMA rwy 27
- Technical and HR interview: It was a relaxed interview and straight forward, (nothing new in fact) and there is a lot of information on this forum to prepare both.
- In my opinion preparation is a key factor, for both the interview and sim assessment, where is really important to learn all the profiles and procedures from the briefing pack.

Thank you and good luck.

PilotJamie
20th Feb 2018, 16:27
This isn't the most quiet I've seen this forum in years! 3 days without a post. Out of interest; anyone here been called back after a first time fail of the assessment and within what timescale? It's a lottery down there in Dublin but wouldn't mind another crack.

PilotJamie
20th Feb 2018, 20:05
Thanks for the response. As in tell them on the phone "no I haven't attended an assesment before?"

Theo.P
20th Feb 2018, 20:47
Hi guys,
I have got an assessment in beggining of March and I would like to do a sim the day before in Dublin.
I have heard of Upilot and Simtech. What would you advice ?
Thanks !

PilotJamie
21st Feb 2018, 10:11
Banana Joe

Ye, spot on! was just checking out of interest.

Spooks591
21st Feb 2018, 11:37
Theo.P

I've heard simtech are good but can say myself as i didnt go there. I went to uPilot and Simcheck. Now both of them are very good but it depends on how confident you are and how much time in advance you're going in Dublin. I went 4 days in advance, first went to uPilot, very good Sim (identical to RYR's) and also very good instructor + it's VERY CHEAP compered to everyone else. His sim can be booked by the hour if i'm not mistaken. Then i went to Simcheck, I opted for the full thing which apart from sim training they also offer you help in the interview part so if you're a bit uncofident, afraid or not good at "selling your self" like me I think it really would help, at least it did for me. Even the guy can teach you how to answer difficult questions like "why should we hire you?" "What are some bad things about you?"

Good luck :)

Fred332
21st Feb 2018, 12:52
Hi guys, here my experience:

- Application sent mid december
-Email and call mid Jan.
- Assessment few weeks ago
- The day after i've got the answer

HR questions, as usual, Talk about yourself, Why have you chosen your Flight school, Have you attended other interviews.
Techincal: Stall, APU, static discharger, pitot probe and general questions about the 1st a/c that i have flown

What i can say about the simulator is: You both should have the same "level" otherwise it's really difficoult to pass that assesment.
I had a 10hrs experience on the 737 sim, but my collegue has had no experience, so it has been almost impossible for me to keep him inside the "loop".

Although i had a perfect HR and technical interview, i have been unsuccessful.

Cheers

Whiskey Hotel
21st Feb 2018, 19:00
Hi guys,
I have got an assessment in beggining of March and I would like to do a sim the day before in Dublin.
I have heard of Upilot and Simtech. What would you advice ?
Thanks !

I would definitely recommend U-Pilot, the instructor is excellent, he will teach you the exact profile and procedures that ryanair will ask you in the assessment, and he also sends you some excellent study material when you book your slot, couldn’t recommend him enough.

dzeus
21st Feb 2018, 23:40
Hi , anyone who had 4 attempts of atpl , had positive answer after phone call ? Maybe soomeone got job ? How you think any chance ?

OKLpilot
22nd Feb 2018, 10:49
Does any1 know if you can match into sim pair on yourself or is the assesor deciding? I would like to apply and do sim assesment with my friend which whom I will be doing MCC course and hoping to do B737 sim session in Dublin. Thanks in advance, Cheers!

mrspinx
22nd Feb 2018, 13:23
They paired us up in the order we were sitting starting from the door. Just sit together in an even pair and you should be good.

Banana Joe
22nd Feb 2018, 13:49
It depends on the assessor. In my case the pairings were randomly picked by the assessor.

Finn1995
22nd Feb 2018, 14:23
I'm based in Dublin and completing the final stages of an integrated ATPL. Information on career prospects, wages and further training is quite hard to come by on the internet. The obvious option would be Ryanair, however having already outlaid €73,000 on flight school, the prospect of spending another €29,500 on type rating is quite daunting particularly considering the rumors I've heard regarding the length of time it takes and the very low initial salary. I feel a lot of this information is somewhat outdated however. So in summary I have 2 main questions.

1. Are there any other options to gain employment with a frozen ATPL and no type rating?

2. What is the current situation for someone in my position entering Ryanair?

Jaair
22nd Feb 2018, 14:48
1. Are there any other options to gain employment with a frozen ATPL and no type rating?

If you want to stay in Europe? Yes but not in the airlines - there is a lot more to aviation than the shiny jet. Although some airlines have been surfacing who are willing to partially pay TR.

If you must stay in Europe and want to fly airlines - you could consider turboprops. The type rating is much cheaper and the experience is invaluable. Loganair for example are always hiring and type rating is probably half of Ryanair's. They also fly to the worlds only (scheduled flight) beach runway :).

Theo.P
22nd Feb 2018, 16:28
ok thanks guys :)

The Foss
22nd Feb 2018, 19:17
Finn1995

1. If you want to stay in Dublin, Cityjet would be a decent option. No type rating required, which I believe is funded by the airline. Good staff travel opportunities with all their partners too!

2. Things seem to change so fast there it's impossible to say. You could be based in Dublin with no gaps during your training, you could equally end up waiting unpaid for 4 months then get sent to the middle of nowhere

sunji
23rd Feb 2018, 12:15
except that the 95% of the names you listed dont search any F/O currently. good one. a job is still better than no job. and if the start is a little bit rough then so be it. stop complaining and get over it :) once you have more than 1500hrs the money is in no relation to 90% of the other airlines in europe.

cityjet requires minimum 1000hr
stobart no open positions
flybe no open positions
aerlings no open positions
loganair is looking for expirienced f/o's
easyjet requires minimum 1000hr

so tell me again where should low hour pilots apply?

flyfan
23rd Feb 2018, 14:46
Any information on what the unsuccessful candidates did wrong? Thanks

cavok82
23rd Feb 2018, 17:28
Hi guys, here my experience:

- Application sent mid december
-Email and call mid Jan.
- Assessment few weeks ago
- The day after i've got the answer

HR questions, as usual, Talk about yourself, Why have you chosen your Flight school, Have you attended other interviews.
Techincal: Stall, APU, static discharger, pitot probe and general questions about the 1st a/c that i have flown

What i can say about the simulator is: You both should have the same "level" otherwise it's really difficoult to pass that assesment.
I had a 10hrs experience on the 737 sim, but my collegue has had no experience, so it has been almost impossible for me to keep him inside the "loop".

Although i had a perfect HR and technical interview, i have been unsuccessful.

Cheers

Because You haven't kept your partner in the loop it was unsuccessful. Probably in their opinion it was lack of CRM from your side.

sunji
23rd Feb 2018, 20:59
The Foss

yeah maybe in the past but i am talking about the present. thanks for your opinion but i dont think you know me and where i applied to. i have been to 2 assesments before ryanair. i think i am determined enough, i am not saying there is no other options wtf? I just saying stop the ryanair bashing. srsly dont put words in my mouth which i never said!

HES1998
24th Feb 2018, 11:14
I think you lower your pitch to let the plane accelerate so I guess you should be done by 4000. But still I agree it’s a little margin. The best option would be for the PF to reduce the thrust levers as only the PF knows how much thrust he/she needs and adjust accordingly. Think about level flight, your on your way to the localiser and you have flap 5, speed 170... who holds the thrust then? What if he gives you 3000ft? 4000ft isn’t certain its minimum 2500 on that SID. Also think about in the go-around, you maintain flap 15 until level off then begin to accelerate.. the throttle is used by the PF.

A good move would be to mention that this threat may occur, the if it does happen who has which responsibilities etc.

dlcmdrx
24th Feb 2018, 13:14
guys, as someone who was very close to this until recently, Simtech is a much better option where you will at least be prepped by a real pilot, in realistic conditions, Upilot prepped candidates have a much lower pass rate and it is real shame for cadets who are already paying €350 for the assessment, that they are not getting the prep expected. if you are thinking of wasting €400 going into something similar to microsoft flight sim, you are better off setting something up in your bedroom !

Whether you pass the assesment at RYR has nothing to do with pilot prep and skill, just see the poster above, 15 min sim with it broken and he still passed, do you really think they had time to assess anything?
They take absolute morons with no skills whatsoever but are fresh out of flightschool and younger tan 20 that are prone to follow orders without complaining. Thats the only thing they care about. If you show any kind of life experience and self initiative that shows determination and self management you are not going to pass.
Yes, they will hire someone in their thirties here and there but that is the exception.

The Upilot sim has no feedback momentarily, but pretty much like the simtech sim. Both are harder to handle tan the RYR sim, so if you handle those one nicely you will handle the RYR well but like i said the RYR assesment has nothing to do with skill or knowledge.

Not because you passed the cadet assesment you are a good pilot, you probably only are a good button pusher and mindless SOP follower. Thats it.
Another thing is if you passed the DEP or CPt assesment, the pass rate over there is legit and the assesments are done by actual LTC´s not some 70 year olds that want to go home at 5 o clock.

Banana Joe
24th Feb 2018, 15:28
It's easy guys. The PM hands the thrust levers between V1 and Flaps Up in case of takeoff or between Go Around call and Flaps Up in case of go around. During all other times the PF hands the thrust levers.

To accelerate during the climb, simply follow the FD, it will command a slight pitch nose down to around 10-12,5 degrees and as you retract flaps the aircraft accelerates nicely. At 1000 ft to go, simply lower the nose to 10 degrees to reduce the rate of climb and thrust levers to 80% N1. It will make the level off smoother and controllable.

HES1998
24th Feb 2018, 15:46
I don’t think you understand what he said, if you level off before the aircraft is clean (flaps up), do you ask the PM to lower the thrust or does the PF do it? I would personally make an exception to this and do it myself as PF.

XanderFly
24th Feb 2018, 20:11
I don’t think you understand what he said, if you level off before the aircraft is clean (flaps up), do you ask the PM to lower the thrust or does the PF do it? I would personally make an exception to this and do it myself as PF.I have asked the exact same question at the day of the assessment. The assessor was very clear: you should do what you’re comfortable with and what you think is right. His small hint was to set the thrust yourself before leveling off when you are PF and not yet cleaned up. At one off the plates a SID is up to just 4000 ft, so it is possible that you are still with flaps 1 when leveling off.

Also an advice: prepare the go-around procedure well. Climbing to 2.000 or 3.000 ft with g/a thrust goes very fast. Use forward trim after setting g/a thrust, otherwise you might experience troubles with leveling off. This is caused by the trim for the slower approach speed and thrust line below the centre of gravity. Consider also setting 70-75% thrust when you have 1.000 ft or less to go, otherwise there is a high risk of bursting the altitude.

dominsanz
25th Feb 2018, 20:31
Swisspilot330

Hey man! i did the assessment on the same day. Also will start type rating on 9th April at EMA.

Greetings!

squawk_
26th Feb 2018, 10:59
Hi guys, just wanted to share my experience

05/01- Application
24/01- Email saying they will call within 14 days
31/01- Phone call
21/02- Assessment
23/02 -Email with Positive Answer

Hotel:
I stayed at the North Swords Travel Lodge as advised by many here on the forum, overall nice hotel with very nice staff, it has a restaurant in case you want to get for example Breakfast Lunch or Dinner, and another nice thing is you have a LIDL supermarket just around the corner, the only down side is there is no mini fridge on the room. The hotel itself is 5 min walking from the RYR Headquarters.

Assessment:
I had my assessment booked for 8 o'clock, got there at around 7:30 where i was joined by another 7 fellow pilots. At 8, a very friendly older gentlemen came to the reception to pick us up for the assessment, he showed us around while trying to make everybody feel comfortable and relaxed telling jokes and being extremely nice.
We all went to a room where we watched a video( basically explaining the same things as the briefing pack) and then we were asked for the copies of our documents, afterwards he proceeded to assign each of us with a Sim partner (They basically pair people that have done the MCC on the 737 with people who haven't) following this they gave us the appropriate charts for that day: LIVERPOOL SID WAL 2 T (climb to 5000ft), and ILS 27.

Technical:
(I was the first to be called in, again a really relaxed and easy going interview just like a conversation. My advice just be confident and honest)

HR:
-Tell me about yourself
-Why RYR
-Some questions about my Flight School
-What are your 3 main qualities that you can bring to the company
-Weaknesses
-Where did i do my MCC
-Can you afford the Type Rating
-When can you start

Technical:
-How many exits on the 737
-How many seats
-What engines does the 737 have
-Range
-What can you tell me about the DA-42
-Turbocharger
-Describe the electrical system of the DA-42

And a few other questions that i don't recall.

SIM:
-Biggest advice i can give is brief everything with your SIM partner, the better the brief on the ground the easier it is to work as a team while flying. In my opinion what they look for the most is MCC MCC MCC, so if you are PM Help your PF with call outs and whatever he needs.

-Do a good briefing on the ground prior to SIM!

-I was PF first, got in the SIM asked for the weather and clearance to my PM, afterward briefed all the SID WAL 2 T (LPL) and set all the appropriate Nav Aids, discussed Thrust Levers Handling and appropriate Flap Retraction and Speeds during the Climb, told him as well i would like a warning 1000ft and 100ft prior each altitude while climbing and descending and also 20 degrees prior to reaching each selected heading (Just makes your life easier as PF in case you get distracted or something if the PM calls out this, you dont bust an altitude or heading while flying) , then proceeded to do a basic Emergency Brief (Before V1 what we do / After V1 what we do) and brief any other Info that you deem necessary for the flight.

-Dont forget to call for checklists and clearances for the entire flight, after we did the SID , after we intercepted the radial to WAL i was given some air work by the Assessor some turns with 30 degree bank, climbs and descents( Check your MSA) and some accelerations and deaccelerations ( Dont forget Flaps).
-After ATC call, saying it was a strike at our destination what was out intentions, return back to LPL Check if you are not above your Max Landing Weight get the appropriate weather , and do appropriate DODAR and NITS Brief.
-SIM was Frozen, asked where we are and how far ( Use LPL for direction and ILS for distance)
-Brief the Approach, got vectors direct to LPL at 2500 cleared for APP
-Dont forget to slow down, passing LPL descent to 2000
-Again dont forget Checklists and callouts if PM
-Did the APP into a Full Stop Landing

Changed Seat position to PM now, basically similar flight with some minor changes.

Again, be relaxed Brief everything, know all the call outs and procedures 100%, and work as a team just like you learned on your MCC course.

All the best guys! Good Luck!

tolle86
28th Feb 2018, 10:31
Hello guys!! Anybody in FR1803 in EMA????

mrspinx
28th Feb 2018, 11:02
For anyone on FR1804 East Mids, induction 23rd Apr, Cse 16th May.

Feel free to join facebook group 'East Mids Flying Fun Club FR1804' to chat about accommodation and other general admin.

XanderFly
28th Feb 2018, 17:01
Hello guys!! Anybody for the CAE1803 in AMS starting the introduction week the 23 April and the TR the 23 May?
It could be good to create a group !!

PM me for the link.

ROKVIATOR
2nd Mar 2018, 10:34
Hey guys!

Sorry for the late posting, I've been quite busy lately.
I literally have nothing else to add from what is already been said.
Liverpool SID, cancelled half way, basics and vector for ILS.
As monitoring, emergency and alternate procedure.

Interview, as before, everything in here already. Anti ice, hydraulics, cruise speed and the corresponding question about how long will it take to travel from... Pretty easy eveything.

Unfortunately, I wasn't successful but, from my point of view was a learning experience and I feel pretty proud of what I did, up to standards not just from my point of view but my partner as well.

I did a refresh on upilot, SOPs and procedures is the key in upilot, awesome tips for managing the aircraft and the guys is friendliest you will ever come across, very nice and worth it. Just to mention, two other friends went to upilot and passed so, dont frustrate if you dont pass or something!

CHEEERS!

B737lover
2nd Mar 2018, 10:38
Hi guys,

is some one here who is experienced with the APC course ?
I am in the APC1801 if someone is in or experienced with the course please feel free to contact me.

BR

hoduka
2nd Mar 2018, 18:32
Hi BR!,

First of all congrats!

Was the assesment the same as the guys told us here?, plus may I ask about how fast were the things going? ie: application, phone call etc.

h

Awoody
2nd Mar 2018, 20:12
Hi lads anyone on here that done the assesment on the 28th feb? All other help was very accurate as before there very helpful at the assesment and make you feel welcome and comfortable. Waiting on email back from them but nearly 100 percent sure I didn’t get it. U pilot are very good in Dublin good price very friendly and great knowledge.

flyfan
3rd Mar 2018, 07:42
Awoody

Why do you think so?

Awoody
3rd Mar 2018, 12:15
Awoody

Why do you think so?

Just got a feeling I didn’t. Made one mistake in sim and think they weren’t impressed I didn’t fly much over the last few years but wait and see I suppose.

flyfan
3rd Mar 2018, 16:41
Hopefully your feeling is wrong - wishing you all the best!:ok:

Jaair
3rd Mar 2018, 17:27
Best of luck Awoody. Regardless of the answer I'm sure the experience gained from it would only benefit you in the future.

B737lover
5th Mar 2018, 09:19
Hi hoduka,

assessment for APC the same as explained here in the forum many times before.

Is someone experience with the APC course or is in the course starting in end of april ?

Thanks in advance

BR
B737lover

V0LC0M
6th Mar 2018, 08:59
Someone who got called for a second assessment (first attempt unsuccessful) could explain how he managed it?
Keeping the same profile updated?? (how often) or maybe with a new passport number (renewed)
Any information you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers¡

Basil Fawlty1
6th Mar 2018, 09:49
Out of interest, does anyone know if RYR are being more flexible with inviting older guys to sim assessments ? It always seemed to be difficult for folks over 35 to get a look in. However, I wondered if in the current climate this had changed ?

Dreamboy737
6th Mar 2018, 10:01
Out of interest, does anyone know if RYR are being more flexible with inviting older guys to sim assessments ? It always seemed to be difficult for folks over 35 to get a look in. However, I wondered if in the current climate this had changed ?

I'm also interested on the same subject. A few weeks ago some guys here including me received an e-mail informing that or "application will not proceed to the next stage". In my case after a couple of years waiting for an e-mail or call.

Common profile between us is age close or over 40. So I think this is the reason. I think this is nonsense. I can get the experience in 2-3 years as anyone, age gives you a good experience in decision making, and great results on my training. What makes me worst than a 25 years old? I will pay the same for my TR. :rolleyes:

I'm also interested to know how can I reaply. Some people suggested to create a new one but there's no way to delete the profile from the CAE web site.

Regards!

danidada
6th Mar 2018, 10:05
Hi guys,
I'm 36 (this year 37) with no previous experience in aviation, I've just finished my training and I'm gonna do the assessment in a few weeks.
So, in my case age wasn't a factor.

Cheers!

Basil Fawlty1
6th Mar 2018, 10:08
Hi guys,
I'm 36 (this year 37) with no previous experience in aviation, I've just finished my training and I'm gonna do the assessment in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Well done Dan - good luck with the assessment !

Airone2977
6th Mar 2018, 11:56
I'm reaching 37 this year as well and start with the TR in April. I have a master-degree and I am FI.

Do you have to pay 29500E for TR or are bonded for 5 years with the brand new deal ?

B737lover
6th Mar 2018, 14:56
Hi Martin,

can you PM me for more details about APC.
Assessment already passes.

Thanks and BR
B737lover

6th Mar 2018, 15:22
Hi folks,

I just get the call yesterday about my application, and it was really similar as it was describe previously

- quick presentation
- your licences and medical expiry date
- your flying hours
- tell me about your training
- did you have some fail during ATPL and practise
- she ask me if I was aware that everything next is going to be self-sponsored
- then she ask me if I was available for the assessment on the 3rd of April
- Gives me some explanations about the few e-mails that I’ll soon receive to confirm everything, which I get within 20 minutes.

So know I would like to book a simulator session in Dublin, is anyone got some feedbacks from Upilots like:

- Is there some difference with their sim and the one which is use by Ryanair for the assessment, in terms of power setting, attitude setting, instruments and radio navigation display …
- Can we manage to have a session as close as we expected for the big day …

Cheers.

guzzzlightyear
6th Mar 2018, 21:38
119.10;

Hi mate,

May I know when did you apply and receive the "will call" email??
I applied on the 21st of Feb and I'm still waiting for the email.

Thx!!!

flying79
7th Mar 2018, 03:43
Hi Guys, anyone here from FR1803 starting 16th April in EMA ?

teobull
7th Mar 2018, 10:17
Does anybody have any info about the type rating new deal with CAE/Ryanair?

grimbus
7th Mar 2018, 12:01
Do any of you have any information about if they are calling guys who applied to the APC course? I applied in the beginning of February, and received the "You can expect the phone call soon" e-mail back in 3weeks, but since then nothing really happened. Should I apply to the new CAE TR programme or the APC is still an option?

7th Mar 2018, 12:29
hi guzzlight year,

I completed the application the 14th of february
get "will call" e-mail on the 26th of february
get the phone call on the 5th of March

you should receive it soon i guess !!

Dreamboy737
9th Mar 2018, 10:42
I'm reaching 37 this year as well and start with the TR in April. I have a master-degree and I am FI.

I'm glad to hear that. If age is not the reason I don't know why I never got a call. I applied with other school friends with similar profiles and all are already hired but me. :ugh:

I was thinking about deleting my aplication and reapply. Some people suggested this. Maybe I'm at the bottom of the stack. But there's no way to delete it from the web site.

Regards!

Teej1
11th Mar 2018, 19:19
Hi guys. I did an interview with ryanair in December but was unsuccessful. Examiner had a real issue with the fact I had an American logbook, said it was invalid. Did my training in Florida but it was EASA approved training. Anyone had something like this happen or know what I can do to solve it?

yeahfly
12th Mar 2018, 16:27
Anyone here who has the assessment 28th march?

7378AS
13th Mar 2018, 07:44
Hi Guys, anyone here from FR1803 starting 16th April in EMA ?

Hi,

I'll be in your Course. Glad to see I will not be the only German there!
Do you know if there is some facebook group for the course already or anything?

Quistgaard
13th Mar 2018, 10:33
Yes i’m also going 28th March :ok:

flyfan
13th Mar 2018, 13:11
I'll be there a week earlier - March 20th...

yeahfly
13th Mar 2018, 14:31
quistgaard, have you booked any sim prep? when will you arrive in dublin?

Cheers!

Quistgaard
13th Mar 2018, 15:24
Yes i have. Upilot 27th March. I will arrive in Dublin 26th.

den07fc
13th Mar 2018, 15:39
Hello!

First email about "application complete" at the end of Jan.
Email about phone call in the beginning of Feb.
Feb 9. - phone call
March 6, - assesment

Tech

Describe hydraulics on 737
Describe landing gear on 737
APU limitations on 737CL
minor diff. between NG and CL
How to calculate crosswind

HR

About yourself
Why do you want to be a pilot
why ryanair, why not norshuttle
can you pay for the TR

sim

PM first
east midlands non standard climb - 5000 feet
turns, descent, decel
vectors for ILS
AS PF
same util descent, dircet ndb, show position on the plate
Radar out - prepare for full procedure, sick passenger - dodar, nits

Recieved positive email on 13,03,2018
starting in AMS 07,05,2018

I used uPilot for sim preparation, and I can't recomend it enough! the guy at uPilot knows everything you need for the interview!

Good luck, everyone!

Torledo1
13th Mar 2018, 17:52
Does any of you have the assessment on March 15th?

Caddk
13th Mar 2018, 18:06
Cae1805 Amsterdam anyone?

fr1807
13th Mar 2018, 20:25
For anyone on FR1807 East Midlands, 30th of May.
Feel free to join facebook group "FR1807 type rating east midlands"

flyfan
14th Mar 2018, 09:10

Tech

Describe hydraulics on 737
Describe landing gear on 737
APU limitations on 737CL
minor diff. between NG and CL
How to calculate crosswind

Thanks for sharing - APU Limits on the 737CL, isn't that a bit much if you haven't flown a 737 before?? :} I think of myself as having a quite good aviation knowledge (also in details like this one), but I never thought of reading about APU limits :8

den07fc
14th Mar 2018, 09:39
flyfan

I am type rated on 737 already, so it is normal. + they wanted a detailed explanaton of the systems mentioned above

cheers!

B78X
14th Mar 2018, 11:30
Because i know these people personally and have seen them performing. In fact i ve been their instructor and taught some of them how to fly.
And from the week i was doing my assesment ive shared sim in simcheck and upilot with people that have been hired and well... i just know.Are they horrible pilots?? Absolutely not... am i better than them?? By a mile and a half, but more importantly i know i would make a better a job at the TR and at the line but like i said, depends a lot with the asessor and your couple. So maybe they were lucky... and that also counts.
In any case if you wanna talk in private specifics ill be glad but i wont discuss the issue further in this thread. You probably will have a second chance with them. Sadly im 31 and that is very improbable in my case.

Congrats to those who passed and enjoy it. Must be a blast flying a 737 with 160 hours total.
At least you're modest.

Marcuso92
14th Mar 2018, 13:13
@Delta golf mike

Also on FR1806

sfarxo
14th Mar 2018, 17:19
@Delta golf mike

Also on FR1806

Im also on FR1806!

Theo.P
14th Mar 2018, 19:34
Hi, this is a quick feedback of my assessment last week.
By the way if anyone is starting on the 7th of May in Amsterdam, pm me ! :)

Applied : 20/01/2018
First mail : 12/02/2018
Phone call : 15/02/2018
Assessment : 08/03/2018
Positive answer : 13/03/2018

Technical :

The technical assessor took my logbooks, and started to have a look through them.
I was integrated but I did a PPL before.
Unexpectedly he started to ask questions about aircrafts I flew for my ppl 5 years ago ! (Socata Rallye, Robin DR400).
He first asked me how to differentiate them if they were both parked next to each other.
As one of them has slats, he started to ask me about it.
Why slats, how were they operated.
We then talked about ailerons, and why differential ailerons.
Type of engine, how the carburetor works, what is the danger associated to it and why.
That was pretty much it.

Hr :

Then the HR assessor asked me to quickly introduce myself.
Why Ryanair ?
What new lines did Ryanair opened the previous week (Middle East) ?
How many aircrafts ?
Expansion/development plan (always getting better 5 program + 240ac in order)
That was it and they asked me if I had any questions.
That was really straight forward, and I was out in about 15 minutes.

The Sim :

After 30mn break, my partner and I jumped in the sim.
As I had experience on the 737 and my partner hadn't (A320 guy), I thought it was sensible to go PF first so he could see.
The assessor quickly briefed us again, and we briefed. We took off from EMA out of RWY27 via TNT2N dep. he vectored us out of the sid after a few minutes and I did some gh.
Level, descending, climbing turns.
Then senior cabin crew member came nearly screaming in the flight deck and wanted to talk to the captain only (PF). I said stby twice and gave controls to my PM. Gave him a SA update and talked to the cabin crew. Heart attack on board.
Sim got frozen at that time.
Ran a DODAR with my PM, let ATC know that we were coming back to EMA for a radar vectored ILS to land, ready to commence in 10 minutes.
Started to set up everything, briefed my PM, and when I was going to do a NITS to number one, ATC started to vector us. My PM read back, but I immediately called them back saying that we weren't ready.
Did the NITS, and when I was going to do a PA, the assessor called it completed.
I took back controls, we got radar vectored on a quite long final, landed of it.

We swapped seats. Exactly same thing but different abnormal : Destination closed due to bomb threat.

Besto of luck guys !! :)

Airone2977
15th Mar 2018, 13:27
Just out of curiosity, for those who's just been offered the brand new deal, who send you the email ? McGinley or directly RYR ?

Theo.P
15th Mar 2018, 19:53
Just out of curiosity, for those who's just been offered the brand new deal, who send you the email ? McGinley or directly RYR ?

RYR directly

Banana Joe
15th Mar 2018, 21:11
But invitation to the assessments are still done by CAE in the Netherlands?

HES1998
15th Mar 2018, 21:20
Anyone starting type at EMA 6th May? Message me

XanderFly
16th Mar 2018, 10:29
But invitation to the assessments are still done by CAE in the Netherlands?Affirm, since you need to upload your documents at CAE.

HES1998
16th Mar 2018, 10:48
Message me if you are FR1807

fr1807
18th Mar 2018, 19:48
Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for all your comments, it helped me a lot to prepare for my assessment. Here's how it went for me:

Sent application: 12.12.2017
Application incomplete email.. 13.12.2017
Completed application: 15.01.2018
Mail about phone call 30.01.2018
Phone call 06.02.2018
Assessment 27.02.2018
Positive answer 06.03.2018
TR intro week: 07.05.2018, EMA.

Phone call:
Straight forward, no tricks, very easy as described by others in earlier posts.

Assessment:

I went to Upilot and had a 3hour session, absolutely recommended! I had no 737 experience from before so this was a must to do!

Simulator:
I had the EMA amended departure clearance and ILS 27 approach. Got emergency smoke in galley, remember DODAR and NITS!!

Technical questions:

Why bypass engine
How does it work
How does a wing create lift
What is a lenticularis cloud
How is a jetstream formed
What speed to be named jetstream
Critical engine on multiengine aircraft I flew during my training?
What is a critical engine?
What is critical angle of attack?
If you have temperature 3 dew point 2 on metar what can you expect?

How many passengers ryanair 737?
Why ryanair?
Strengths and weaknesses?
Are you able to relocate?
Are you able to finance type rating?
Tell me about yourself?
How did you get interested in aviation?

Please ask if there's anything I can help with :)
Good luck everyone!

carpentermichael
20th Mar 2018, 09:40
Hi

For the typerating itself, can you guys recommend a questionbank for the 737NG? I've heard that you can practice alot of the questions beforehand. Ofcourse you would need extensive knowledge of the entire plane, but some questions would be great aswell. Any ideas?

I hope you all are doing great!

Banana Joe
20th Mar 2018, 14:12
What's the minimum time frame to be called for a second assessment? 1 year?

vin2001
20th Mar 2018, 15:50
What's the minimum time frame to be called for a second assessment? 1 year?

I failed the assessment in June 2018 - i’m In the same boat. I wonder whether they will offer another chance. Being honest, I was a bit rubbish in June and out of touch but hoping for a second chance! Anyone being called for a second assessment?

ECCXI
20th Mar 2018, 17:33
I have listened, one instructor in my school he had been calling 3 weeks ago, and he failed the assessment almost one year ago. It's mean that you probably has a second try in the next year.

Estartap
21st Mar 2018, 10:32
There isn't a fixed date, but it's around 11,12 months from your failed assessment to get the call ( I don't know if they do always invite you again) .But my question is, with the new organization changes and the fact that they're offering RYR direct contracts, Are CAE and storm mckingley continue leading the selection proccess or is it RYR the one who will do it?

rasac
21st Mar 2018, 18:48
Hello guys

In January CAE sent me an email informing that I would receive a call from RYR. But I was on a type rating and told them that I was no longer interested. But when The conditions changed I asked to CAE via email that I am interested once again on the cadet programme. They should contact me soon or I need to wait one year?

Best regards

north1809
22nd Mar 2018, 11:44
Anyone here who has the assessment 28th march?
I am also on 28th March

debak86
22nd Mar 2018, 19:07
Yes, I will be there as well. :-)

CessNah
22nd Mar 2018, 19:37
Anybody here on course FR1808 starting on the 14th of May? PM me if so!

golfsierra96
22nd Mar 2018, 21:55

Me, tr in STN on 6th June?

antonioalh
23rd Mar 2018, 10:14
Dear all,

Any one for the 1803 in Amsterdam starting the 23rd May?

If yes, PM me. It could be great to have a group.
voloteainterview

I cannot send you a PM for some weird reason (maybe you don't have the correct email privacy settings).

Here's the group we created a while ago for the CAE1803 in AMS (just erase the spaces in the url, I cannot post links)

www.facebook .com/groups/715097985546195/

Cheers!

left_base
23rd Mar 2018, 14:04
Me, tr in STN on 6th June?

Yep, me too!

Flying567
24th Mar 2018, 15:38
I'm also on FR1808. Do you already have a group?

Sethorion
24th Mar 2018, 22:32
Hi guys,

Cheers!

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I won't be able to afford the training until I'm into my thirties, so, to see yourself experiencing success at a similar age group strikes confidence into my own belief about my future chances.

Yodax
25th Mar 2018, 11:22
Quick feedback from my assessment.
Most of it is as a lot of other people described, so I won't go into detail, but I will mention what surprised me.

In my sim I was at east midlands, cleared to join the hold for the approach.
I brief PM to do a parallel entry as I have to set up, but I decide to help him out since we got cleared when we where really close and I didn't have time to brief him properly on the entry. Therefore I configure on the turn and outbound leg.
During outbound leg, I get smokes in the cabin, and this is che chicken and egg situation.

I had 2 choices:
A. Ask another hold, do a full DODAR/NITS, and then complete the race-track procedure
B. Continue on the outbound which being a racetrack leads to approach, and basically skip dodar and nits.
What I did: I replied the cabin crew "I will be back to you if there is time, but expect an emergency landing with evacuation on rwy" (so I didn't nits or dodar berofre that).
I Checked the aircraft was configured and took control, briefed PM on the remaining outbound leg and asked "are you familiar with this approach?" he said yes, so I gave basic info like inbound course, ils ident and calls i expected him to do, no time to brief go around and again, no DODAR, i just asked him if he agreed landing soon was best.
We went late for the turn, like 3nm late on the procedure and did not notify tower in the heat of the moment.
Intercepted ILS, pretty clean glideslope and landing.

The instructor looked pretty disappointed after this, and I didn't pass.

I chose this because they say "Treat it as a real flight", therefore I did what I would do again and again: save the passengers and don't stay 5 minutes holding with smokes which might choke, poison or burn the aircraft. I got down in 3 minutes making a dirty-ish procedure and reducing crm to minumum.

But since it is wrong, maybe somwoene doing the assessmene in the future wants to try and hold, do all the dodar process and land. He might then object that you wasted time, it's a catch 22 situation in my opinion, but that's all I have to say.

Apart from this, he didn't talk much at all during the sim, no instructions on pitch/power, he expected us to be on the ball and fully proficient without any help.

Departure was non standard clearance, turn during level off and he gave us accelerations, but nothing you wouldn't expect in an assessment.

Hope it helps.

Fulvio91
25th Mar 2018, 17:18
Hi guys anyone taking the assessment the 29th of March ?

Cough for me
25th Mar 2018, 21:58
I chose this because they say "Treat it as a real flight", therefore I did what I would do again and again: save the passengers and don't stay 5 minutes holding with smokes which might choke, poison or burn the aircraft. I got down in 3 minutes making a dirty-ish procedure and reducing crm to minumum.

At RYR you must always do PIOSEE and NITS briefing. If the plane crashes in to the mountain, or in this case simply disintegrates, so be it! Planes can't fly without briefings, briefings and more briefings.

Kinbo
26th Mar 2018, 09:22
Hi guys anyone taking the assessment the 29th of March ?

Good luck with your assessment. Just out of curiosity, when did you apply?

I sent my application on 9.3.18 and haven't heard back yet.

Kinbo
26th Mar 2018, 09:45
Hello

I have a question about something I saw in the sky instructor. It says, you will have to have one hour logged of ME in the last 6 months? Does this still apply? It doesn't say that in the CAE webpage..

pilotczj
26th Mar 2018, 15:05
Good luck with your assessment. Just out of curiosity, when did you apply?

I sent my application on 9.3.18 and haven't heard back yet.
Just to inform you, I applied on the 7th of March( 2nd time after the closure of the APC program) and still only received the "application completed" e-mail last week.

Hilt
26th Mar 2018, 16:42
Hey mate,

Have you received any mails yet? i got my application succesful mail the 21. of february too and i haven't heard anything further.

adcast
26th Mar 2018, 16:49
Hi guys,

I applied to Ryanair aprox a month ago. One week later i got an email from them saying were interested in my application and to update my documents.
Yesterday I finished uploading all documents and I replied to the email to let them know.
Today they emailed me "...Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course"
So i guess they are not interested anymore...
Someone else received this email?

Greetings!

pilotczj
26th Mar 2018, 19:27
Hi guys,

Today they emailed me "...Please note we will only contact candidates who are found suitable and selected by the airline to proceed to the next step in due course"
So i guess they are not interested anymore...
Someone else received this email?

Greetings!

I guess it is included in every single mail from them, just as a reminder. It does not mean that they are not interested in your application but that they won't notify you if you are not selected to the next phase.

flyfan
27th Mar 2018, 05:25
Indeed, that's a normal mail. No need to panic :ok:

TheCessnaMan
27th Mar 2018, 11:53
Got the call today. My medical expires next month (28/04) so they asked me to take the medicals again (I'm doing them next week) and then send an e-mail when I have the new certificate.

A bit ridiculous, lol.

flying79
27th Mar 2018, 14:20
For anyone on FR1803 East Midlands, 16th of April.
Feel free to join Facebook group "FR1803 Ryanair Type Rating Course EMT ".

Aeromet2.0
28th Mar 2018, 02:28
Hello,

I will go to the assesment in the next weeks to Dublin, its my first time, its not impossible, complete all the documents, even if you have more than 30 years.

Which accommodation is better Premmier Inn or Travelodge? Really interested in transport shuttle from the Airport, I have´t stayed before at Dublin.
Internet wifi is important, clean of bathrooms and to have near ways to have cheap food. I had listened about a Supermarket LIDL nearest to Travelodge, is that Correct? (with google and tripadvisor it seems better Premier Inn about transport-internet-clean, but i dont know really, because here i see different).

I had to ask to lot of pilots and coleagues about the documents to upload to CAE website(it could take days or weeks to have all the documents from flight schools if you didn´t had please be sure to have before apply flight school reports-MCC...), if you haven´t got any one, CAE will advice you .
PDFs must be reduced of size and could be with some pages (with different sides or parts of required documents).

They are very kind at phone, call about 1 month after aply correctly, few days after e-mail for near call, it`s part of the interview for checking your english level.

There is an important amount of documents for those that have modular ATPL frozen, even you need legal translators for your other titles...when you have confirmation you have again to complete more details in 4 pages...

Well im so nervous, and excited, I have prepared typical ACE book with some questions from the webs, that are similar to those that you show here, and expect that some hours on 737Simulator will help, expect to practice really more than 10, because with less than 10 you have a risk to fail the simulator, in my case MCC was on other kind of aircraft.

In my case i dont have money for type rating, but i have saved for accomodation in Type rating that takes 3 months theory+simulator, and other expenses(perhaps 5000-7000 euro you need? it seems a lot 10k that I have read before), normally banks could lend you the money with the contract of Ryanair in your Hands.

Good luck for every one!, and please advice me if you go in next weeks to Dublin via MP, I think that its the best choice for a begginner pilot to start at Ryanair in Europe.

flyfan
28th Mar 2018, 07:48
I stayed at the Premier Inn - there's a shuttle bus going to/from Dublin Airport every 30mins for 2€/way. Otherwise take a taxi which will be around 8€ (at least for me it was at midnight...maybe there's a higher price at night). Travellodge is closer to the RYR HQ, and most of the other guys stayed there...but even the Premier Inn is maybe 10mins walk from the HQ. Most of them said that the Travellodge is a very "basic" hotel so I'd recommend the Premier Inn; but I don't know about the difference in price. There are a few bars/restaurants - even a McDonalds :mad: - nearby so you surely won't starve to death...

As prep I'd recommend uPilot.ie - very nice guy who really gets you ready for the assessement. I'm sure if you have never been sitting in a 737 cockpit before it's helpful to learn the layout of the instruments and for a refresher on your CRM/briefings/useful tips for the assessement. Don't expect it to fly like the Ryan 737 sim. He even picks you up from your hotel.

Regarding the TR: You can choose now between the 295oo€ non-bonded way or the 5ooo€ 5-year bond. Just FYI.

Skyhigh_
28th Mar 2018, 11:47
The SIM at Upilot has no feedback, you should try and do your preparation in a proper 737 Sim. Many guys who went to Upilot struggled at the assessment

Aeromet2.0
28th Mar 2018, 12:41
Thanks Flyfan!

I will prefer Premier Inn.

For the training I have a simulator selected dont worry.

Thanks

JohnPaul79
28th Mar 2018, 22:22
The SIM at Upilot has no feedback, you should try and do your preparation in a proper 737 Sim. Many guys who went to Upilot struggled at the assessment

In response to the comment from Skyhigh, UPiLOT are in the process of upgrading our yoke control system, we have already ordered the new equipment and have been assured by the manufacturer that it will be delivered very soon. The new yoke system will include a brand new industry standard feedback system.

We continually strive to improve our service and would like to point out that this comment is contrary to the overwhelmingly positive response we have had preparing pilots for airline interviews over the past four years.

left_base
29th Mar 2018, 06:45
In response to the comment from Skyhigh, UPiLOT are in the process of upgrading our yoke control system, we have already ordered the new equipment and have been assured by the manufacturer that it will be delivered very soon. The new yoke system will include a brand new industry standard feedback system.

We continually strive to improve our service and would like to point out that this comment is contrary to the overwhelmingly positive response we have had preparing pilots for airline interviews over the past four years.

I went to upilot the day before assessment in February and was successful. I found it to be very good preparation for the day.

Skyhigh_
29th Mar 2018, 12:00

I haven't heard the overwhelmingly positive response from all the guys who failed the assessment and did the preparation at Upilot. Your "instructor" is not even a Pilot apparently, I would still recommend guys to do a proper preparation in a proper 737 Sim in order to improve their chances of passing the assessments. You should maybe remove the Ryanair logo from the map on your website as it is misleading.

Dynamite995
29th Mar 2018, 13:19
Hi all,

I have applied on March 16th and uploaded all documents except the CPL and ME/IR results (didn't know they were mandatory until yesterday, thought just my license was enough). Today I have added the copies of my CPL and ME/IR results. I see that I have an option to remove ONLY those two files from My Documents on the CAE site, and I can't remove any of the other files (CV, ATPL results, license, medical etc.).

My question is: does that mean my application was already under review before I added the missing two documents, or the possibility to remove those docs doesn't mean anything?

I haven't had any response to my application yet, so I was wondering about this. I do know that they inform you if something is missing in your application, so I'm not sure about this.

Whiskey Hotel
29th Mar 2018, 21:39
I haven't heard the overwhelmingly positive response from all the guys who failed the assessment and did the preparation at Upilot. Your "instructor" is not even a Pilot apparently, I would still recommend guys to do a proper preparation in a proper 737 Sim in order to improve their chances of passing the assessments. You should maybe remove the Ryanair logo from the map on your website as it is misleading.

I’m not sure what rock you’ve been living under but Upilot are extremely highly regarded amongst people who have gone for ryanair assessments, including myself and a significant number of my colleagues. If you can’t fly the upilot sim then you shouldn’t be flying, end of story. The feel system in upilots sim has very little to do with how you perform in the ryanair assessment.

Even this thread alone, if you look back over it for the past number of years you will see the large number of recommendations and referrals from pilots who have used upilot for their assessment prep sessions and who have subsequently been successful at the ryanair assessment.

Utopia2
29th Mar 2018, 23:01
Hi everyone,

Anyone going to the assessment on the 11th of April?

Skyhigh_
30th Mar 2018, 07:07
I’m not sure what rock you’ve been living under but Upilot are extremely highly regarded amongst people who have gone for ryanair assessments, including myself and a significant number of my colleagues. If you can’t fly the upilot sim then you shouldn’t be flying, end of story. The feel system in upilots sim has very little to do with how you perform in the ryanair assessment.

Even this thread alone, if you look back over it for the past number of years you will see the large number of recommendations and referrals from pilots who have used upilot for their assessment prep sessions and who have subsequently been successful at the ryanair assessment.
You keep recommending them which makes me think that you probably work there? If not, apologies!

Banana Joe
30th Mar 2018, 08:33
I went to uPilot and didn't pass the assessment, my friends also went there and they did pass the assessment. Extremely helpful and friendly guy who knows a lot about the Ryanair assessment and I would go there again.

Read carefully, I did not pass the assessment yet I still suggest people visit him for the sim preparation because it does help.

Whiskey Hotel
30th Mar 2018, 11:15
You keep recommending them which makes me think that you probably work there? If not, apologies!

I keep recommending because I hold them in such high esteem for ryanair preparation, as do many of my colleagues, as I have already mentioned.

As I’ve said already, it’s not the upilot sim that causes pilots to fail the ryanair assessment, it’s the candidates ability and performance on the day of their assessment. Bear in mind that lots of pilots pass the assessment with ryanair having completed their training anything up to five or six years previously, and have done very little flying in the meantime bar their renewals, and they pass the assessment having had no prep sessions beforehand. Which brings me back to my previous statement, it’s not the upilot sim that caused you or you or friends to fail the assessment, it’s your performance on the day of your assessment, and that performance is a reflection on your ability and how good of a pilot you are.

AtlasPilot
30th Mar 2018, 11:20

Hi can’t send a PM... is there a FR1808 group somewhere? FB? whatsapp?
Can’t wait to start!

Quistgaard
30th Mar 2018, 12:04
Application sent: 15/02-2018

Call recieved: 28/02-2018

Assesment day: 28/03-2018

Positive email: 30/03-2018

HR questions:

- Tell us about yourself

- Why do you want to join Ryanair?

- Strengths?

- Weaknesses?

- How did you prepare for the assesment?

- What did you least like about your pilot training?

- Would you choose the new or old contract if you suceed?

Technical questions:

- Why does the DA-42 have a t-tail?

- How many generators/alternators on 737?

- What leading edge flaps on 737? (krueger on inboard side and slotted slats on outboard side)

- What is wing loading and when would you want a high or low wing loading?

- What is aspect ratio?

- Any APU limitations on 737?

- How many seats in Ryanair’s 737?

- How do you calculate stallspeed if you are given a Vref?

- Who is the boss of Ryanair?

Simulator:

Me and my partner were the last in the simulator. I started as PM and we flew a modified SID out of Liverpool RWY 27 (Straight ahead to 3 DME from IBQ then right turn to 360 climb and maintain 5000 ft.) A bit of airwork (climbs, descends, turns) nothing special. Then a full procedure for ILS RWY 27 go around, and then reposition on 10 nm final for a full stop.

When i was PF the simulator kind of broke down, and i had to fly the ”whole” simulator part without autothrust, heading bug, altitude bug or flight directors. I think i flew 15 minutes with no emergencies only a take-off, some airwork and then reposition on 10 nm final for full stop landing.

Good luck out there guys!

jonesyinthesky
30th Mar 2018, 12:40
guys, as someone who was very close to this until recently, Simtech is a much better option where you will at least be prepped by a real pilot, in realistic conditions, Upilot prepped candidates have a much lower pass rate and it is real shame for cadets who are already paying €350 for the assessment, that they are not getting the prep expected. if you are thinking of wasting €400 going into something similar to microsoft flight sim, you are better off setting something up in your bedroom !

jonesyinthesky
30th Mar 2018, 12:44
I keep recommending because I hold them in such high esteem for ryanair preparation, as do many of my colleagues, as I have already mentioned.

As I’ve said already, it’s not the upilot sim that causes pilots to fail the ryanair assessment, it’s the candidates ability and performance on the day of their assessment. Bear in mind that lots of pilots pass the assessment with ryanair having completed their training anything up to five or six years previously, and have done very little flying in the meantime bar their renewals, and they pass the assessment having had no prep sessions beforehand. Which brings me back to my previous statement, it’s not the upilot sim that caused you or you or friends to fail the assessment, it’s your performance on the day of your assessment, and that performance is a reflection on your ability and how good of a pilot you are.

so why spunk €400 on a prep course then?

Dynamite995
30th Mar 2018, 13:27

They just called you out of nowhere? No warning about when they will call you beforehand like other guys said?

Whiskey Hotel
30th Mar 2018, 15:59
so why spunk €400 on a prep course then?

That’s personal preference, some people choose to do it with no prep, others choose not to.

rasac
30th Mar 2018, 16:47
Dear friends,

I am B737 classic rated, only SIM Time, what kind of technical questions I can expect?

And what about the SIM, what they are expecting to see?

I will have an interview for cadet position.
Thank you for the help.

Best regards,

Fayaz Rasac

Quistgaard
30th Mar 2018, 18:30
They just called you out of nowhere? No warning about when they will call you beforehand like other guys said?

they sent me an e-mail before they Called me

lollo737
31st Mar 2018, 09:18
Hi everyone,

Anyone going to the assessment on the 11th of April?

Me! I'm going on the 11th of April too!!

HLYtaste
31st Mar 2018, 10:02

pilotczj
31st Mar 2018, 12:15

Hey,

When did you apply?

lollo737
31st Mar 2018, 12:17
Hey,

When did you apply?

2/03/2018

Phone call 28.03.2018

Utopia2
31st Mar 2018, 12:20

I can't send you a pm, are you going at 8 or 12?

bugupspeed
31st Mar 2018, 12:55

I had the same.. I also struggled with assessment, the day before I did upilot.. I must admit it was great training but without feedback on the yokes, I found out a day later that the Ryanair sim was too heavy... I did my assessment October 2017

AlphaEcho86
31st Mar 2018, 13:17
Has anyone attended the assessment for the 2nd time? How did you managed to get a second chance?

Does creating another account bans you from the process? If so, how is it possible to delete it?

Thanks!

lollo737
31st Mar 2018, 13:49

I’m going at 12

lollo737
31st Mar 2018, 15:58

Send me a messsage on my instagram account : lollo_salvi

Dynamite995
2nd Apr 2018, 11:20
Anyone got any emails from CAE this weekend, or they are not working because of Easter? It's been 2 weeks since I applied, so I'm thinking I can expect a response in the next days.

Kinbo
2nd Apr 2018, 15:11
Anyone got any emails from CAE this weekend, or they are not working because of Easter? It's been 2 weeks since I applied, so I'm thinking I can expect a response in the next days.

Nope nothing, so I suppose they start working again tomorrow. I applied 3 weeks ago. I wonder who's going through the applications.. CAE or Mcginley?

XanderFly
2nd Apr 2018, 21:55
Be patient guys. They called me after 4 long months...

Keane1981
3rd Apr 2018, 12:44

Assesment day: 28/03-2018

Positive email: 30/03-2018

HR questions:

Good luck out there guys!

Hello Quistgaard,
did you do simulator first or the interview?
did you have the possibility to choose?

Thanks!

Dynamite995
4th Apr 2018, 23:04
Anyone here applied on or around March 16? Any responses yet?

Keane1981
5th Apr 2018, 07:52

24 March in my case, no news

hubabuba254
5th Apr 2018, 10:11

Hello Dynamite995,

I've applied on 19th march, also no response yet. But I keep fingers crossed that maybe they will contact us this month.

yankee.romeo
5th Apr 2018, 14:05

A friend of mine applied the 9th and got the call last friday(30th). I have applied the 18th and i am still waiting