PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

6Cilindri
19th May 2012, 08:07
I'll be there 22-23 and go back on 24th in the early morning, so they have at least two days of selections next week...

Thanks Cowhorse so they focused on those questions, what about atpl subjects?

Exina you've got pm

VJW
20th May 2012, 12:58
Been in RYR 3.5 years, and I have to say the attitude a lot of people impose on this thread is actually a bit disrespectful for those of us already in.

Why you all seem to think that just because you applied, you are automatically 'owed' an interview, almost makes me sick. If this type of attitude came across at all in your application, you need not look any further as to why you haven't had any contact from the airline.

You are all the same, fresh CPL/IR's recently printed with minimum hours, in an industry that owes you nothing.

Welcome to the real world. :ugh:

Gyro Drift
21st May 2012, 11:20
Absolutely VJW, welcome to the real world indeed. Although I count myself lucky to have a job with RYR, I cannot understand how this week I am on three standbys and also three next week. It's not as if I'm in a small base either, it's pretty average. Shocking considering it's almost summer. What on Earth is going on?
Sorry, not the most constructive post, just a mini rant:ugh:

plikee
21st May 2012, 13:31
VJW - I agree with you, what you say it is true . but you talk like that because you are not in the same situation like most of us, you already HAVE a job .

you say you are in RYR since 2008/2009, where most of the airlines picked a LOT of low timers, such as 200 TT, when you just pay your training and then get hired.

Nowadays, you pay 60k€ or more for your training, don't get a job, have to pay your renewals, still don't have a job a probably you will have to pay to fly, like a TR+LT. Another 60k€ that you have to spend. Did you spend all this money? i don't think so ..

i'm from portugal, the last pilot intake from TAP, the Portuguese carrier, was in February. Minimum requirements: 1000TT . Now i say, how do you expect to be hired when they hired Portuguese, Brazilian, Spanish, even Italian pilots ? Where in some countries, like Brazil, they don't hire other than Brazilian, by law enforcement? That is just sad ..

You are all the same, fresh CPL/IR's recently printed with minimum hours, in an industry that owes you nothing

When you got hired, did they own you anything? of course not, you were in the same situation . so what was the difference between me and you? Just tell me.

i'm not a moaner, i'm not expecting to hired by an airliner soon. Aviation is NOT ONLY RYR and other airlines, there are aerial work and other stuff but the reality is that even those, they do not want us, newbie pilots.

the thing about RYR it is our best shot, even if we have to pay our TR, we would recover that money in one year, and the best part - we have a pilot job !

sorry about this post but all pilots who have a pilot job, always say 'welcome to the real world', bla bla bla .. you know the real world of the pilot who is employed, but i think you don't have a real perception of the world of those who search and seek for a pilot job nowadays ..

[EDIT]: minor errors

magicmick
21st May 2012, 13:56
Really plikee, I qualified in 2008 and no airlines were queuing up to recruit me. Thankfully I had a Plan B in that I was an engineer and I am still working in engineering now to provide for my family while I keep everything in date and continue searching for reliable flying employment.

I started training in 2006 when employment was relatively plentiful compared to today and I finished in May 2008 just as the current economic drama was biting (rotten timing on my part).

To get employment back in 2008/ 2009 VJW has done very well and I’m sure that he will admit he has been blessed with a good degree of luck. The point that he makes is that no-one owes any of us a career and while I understand your frustration and impatience there are people who have been waiting much longer than you to get work.

What I don’t understand is those who remortgage their property or someone elses property to fund their own training in a recession with no Plan B to fall back on if they are not well connected in an airline or on some sort of tagged scheme or pseudo sponsorship scheme.

Rant over back to the RYR discussion, good luck to those waiting for interview dates, if there are 8,000 applicants you will need all the luck you can get.

VJW
21st May 2012, 14:33
Ok time for my reply- for what it's worth.

plikee

I did all my training part time in about 2.5 years, all the while working in PLD at the UK CAA issuing everyone else's licences and type ratings. I didn't spend 60k, I never would. I knew where best to go for cheap things like the PPL and hours, but I went to a good modular school for the CPL and IR. I finished with a CPL/IR and MCC only owing £9000, and before any hint of there being a recession. I fail to see how it is anyone other then your own fault if you end up in £60k debt just after one (if it's even over)!

Bearing in mind the amounts of contacts I had doing the job I was doing at the time, RYR was near enough (apart from Flybe but that would have been a £6k pay cut on my office job at the CAA) my only option. However, I had a decent job and was willing to stay there until my time came, I had a good plan B, what's yours? Think you need to get your facts straight on that one, didn't the recession hit late 2008? I think it was extremely difficult to get a job then, not the other way around. I said I joined just over 3 years ago in 2008 - not 1998 :ugh:

You don't have to convince me about Flag carriers. I failed BA a few years back, when a guy on my day was Dutch that passed. I would never get into KLM, but this is a totally separate issue and way off the point.

plikee It seems to me, you are missing the obvious. There is no difference between then and now with regards to Ryanair being nearly the only option to get a foot in the door for cadets. I can't comment on the numbers of intake, so I've no idea on how the length of time it takes to get a call has changed between then and now. I do know however, that the difference between you and I, is I wasn't expecting them to call me, it seems as though you and many others are.

magicmick You are correct, I feel lucky to be doing what I do, I worked hard for it, and believe I'm also good at what I do, and there are plenty of others who are unemployed that could probably do a better job too! None of this changes the fact that had they not called me, while I would be gutted, I wouldn't be demanding a reason why not, or complaining about the length of time it takes to get an interview after I merely applied. Perhaps if RYR sent out rejection emails, this type of expectation among cadets would stop. There are probably plenty on this site who think they are in a queue to be called, when actually their application has been assessed and they are not going to be called at all.

Gyro Drift I'm on 103 hrs this calendar month, maybe you need a base change :ok:

magicmick
21st May 2012, 14:47
Nice one VJW, like you I qualified modular in 2008, I was able to fund everything with my own money and with my wife working and some money I was able to bring in we kept the wolf from the door with no debt at the end of it. Like you I got the call to the RYR assessment in late 2008 but that is where the similarity in our situations end as you had a good day at the assessment and I did not, however I’m not bitter at the missed opportunity and I lay the blame for not getting in with no-one but myself.

As well as some of those having applied assuming that they are just waiting for the call I am sure that there are some that assume that by being called to the assessment day they will be guaranteed acceptance, perhaps some expectation management is in order!!!!

Good luck with the job that you are enjoying, as you point out you’ve worked hard to get where you are and I wish you luck in your continued career with RYR and beyond.

VJW
21st May 2012, 15:20
magicmick...this is the problem, there are not enough people like you getting in! Without meeting you or plikee, I know who I'd rather sit next to all day.

G CEXO
21st May 2012, 17:26
What a load of :mad:

Anyone who puts in the effort of getting a fATPL deserves a job. Period.

Whether they get one or not is a matter of luck and timing.

Some of the sh*t coming from people on this forum is incredible. I bet you wouldn't show that attitude in person. :ugh:

B737Dude
21st May 2012, 18:37
I don't think I can keep my mouth shut any longer :E
Out the 8000 Pilots I think more than 2000 of them are Irish (So there out the window),
2000 of them are over 30 (Which ryr doesn't fancy alot of the time),
1500 of them are FI's (They also don't recruit alot of them),
500 of them are wannabes from up north wasting time,
500 already have turbo-prob jobs but want to transit to shiny jets and the remaining 1500 are under 30 willing to bend over for free :ok:

skyblue737
22nd May 2012, 03:46
Two days before my assessment... I have a doubt. I read today about the procedure called PIOSEE and NITS, which we don't use to learn in Spain. I talked to several pilots and no one knows about it.

As I could read, both should be done after reading the QRH. But what I don't understand is why the PIOSEE talks about identifing the problem, when it should be already solved at that moment.

I'm worried about my CRM with a pilot who is used to this procedure.

magicmick
22nd May 2012, 06:20
VJW, thanks for the kind words, it’s a shame RYR recruiters don’t feel the same as you. To be honest I screwed up the sim check rotten and that’s the reason I got shown the door, no-one to blame but me not my nationality, age, the fact that I trained modular, religion, skin colour, height, weight, hair colour, the fact that my eyes are too close together or any other conspiracy theory for not getting invited to assessment or not passing the assessment. I accepted the situation and moved on which is what an awful lot of people will have to do if they are not invited to assessment or if they get rejected at the assessment stage. A lot of RYR bashers told me that I dodged a bullet by not getting in but I view as a big missed opportunity, before anyone else mentions it I’m not looking for sympathy, if I was doing that I’d open a dictionary somewhere **** and syphilis and I’d find it soon enough.

To answer the earlier comment by G CEXO, no-one is owed or deserves a job regardless of how long or hard they have worked to qualify, this is true in any business and not just aviation. There are people who work longer and harder than any CPL holder to qualify as a doctor or a lawyer who don’t have a job. Why should someone who completed their CPL with MEIR and MCC be any different?

For the record I'm big enough and definitely ugly enough to stand in front of any audience you care to nominate and present my views. I understand the frustration and impatience of many of those waiting for the call especially if they have huge loans secured by either their own or someone elses property and the bank are looking for their money but this won't change the situation.

magicmick
22nd May 2012, 13:43
Many thanks irishone, I do keep an application in with CAE and keep it updated so I have to wait along with the other 7,999 if that number of applications is genuine.

If good things truly come to those that wait then with all the waiting I’ve been doing I must be due something absolutely blinding. I’m talking about waking up one morning to find that Christmas and my birthday are on the same day and as I put my hand down into my Christmas stocking I pull out the one off Faberge jewel encrusted egg, the keys to the Bugatti Veyron on the drive and the only winning ticket for a Euromillions triple roll over then Katherine Jenkins walks in the room naked with a bowl of still warm molten chocolate and we’ll leave it there!!!!!!

I would put one of those smiling face things here but the computer that I’m using has internet explorer from the dark ages so I just get a load of techno babble when I try to do it.

plikee
22nd May 2012, 13:55
@VJV,

what makes you think that i don't have a plan B, i'm rich or expecting to be hired? Did you read my last comments and what i said on the last one?

I'm not expecting to be called. Please, read again my last comment.

As you, i have a plan B, i'm 23 but i work since i was 18. I took my university course when i was 19, started my ATPL course when i was 21. And i was still working, except one year because i was not able to deal with everything, i didn't have time.

You had the advantage of being well informed how the modular and integrated course works because of your job i think, and that is good because you could choose better your way. What makes you think i own a 60€k debt? i just said here, in Portugal, is what you pay. My plan is to continue working until my time come, like what happen with you . Like you, i have a plan B too.

Like i said before, I'm not expecting them to call me, like you. I finished all my ATPL one month ago, i know i will have to wait a lot. But it is a little demotivating when you try to knock at the door of every single company which has any aircraft and they just don't want you because they see only 200, 250, 300 hours. Just that.

@magicmick, like VJV, i think our time will come . we just have too wait, but i believe it is hard to get the interview and don't get the job :/ did you reapplied after that?

magicmick
22nd May 2012, 14:18
@plikee yes I keep an application in with CAE and I keep it up to date but like you and many others I do not hold my breath for another chance with RYR. I actually consider myself one of the lucky ones because at least I don’t have any debt and I have a well paid non flying job while I keep applying but as you say the 300hr TT isn’t a big door opener. Good luck with the job hunting (as long as you don’t have better luck than me)!!!!!

VJW
22nd May 2012, 14:41
plikee...Just to be clear my initial post was only saying that it annoys me that people see RYR as a company who will pretty much interview anyone with a licence, and that provided you pay for the training etc you'll get in. This is not the case.

I wasn't directing that initial comment to you personally, but you replied to me defending your situation.

You wrote, "Nowadays, you pay 60k€ or more for your training, don't get a job, have to pay your renewals, still don't have a job a probably you will have to pay to fly, like a TR+LT." So yes, I assumed that's what you paid, why would I assume anything else? I also didn't assume you didn't have a plan B, what I actually said was, "what is yours.'

Where I personally began to lack respect for your replies, was when you then tried to convince me and anyone else bored enough to read, that 2008 was a year where, "most of the airlines picked a LOT of low timers, such as 200 TT, when you just pay your training and then get hired." Wasn't true, as has been confirmed by other people on this thread!

If I'm right by your post there, you started training 2 years ago when you were 21. You passed everything a few months back, so I'm guessing you started around the early part of 2010. I'd be interested in the research you did before you started training in early 2010 that convinced you that you wouldn't have said this to me 1 month after completing it all, 'But it is a little demotivating when you try to knock at the door of every single company which has any aircraft and they just don't want you because they see only 200, 250, 300 hours.'

G CEXO Speaking of a load of :mad:, try re reading your post :ugh: To say, 'Anyone who puts in the effort of getting a fATPL deserves a job. Period,' is so far off the mark it's laughable. I've seen people that not only have a fATPL but a job that STILL don't deserve it.

My advice, if you do get called do not take it for granted at all, and if anyone needs any advice etc I'm more then happy to answer PM's

Good luck VJW

federico100mt
22nd May 2012, 14:58
Hi guys, as you know do you think does RYN call people over 30 years old?
bye
fede

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
22nd May 2012, 16:31
Quick question. How many current RYR pilots who have forked out for the TR and got the job over the past 5 years managed to pay off the cost of the TR in their first year? And not live with mum and dad, or relatives, along with paying tax? How long did it really take to cover the cost of the TR?

skyblue737
22nd May 2012, 21:34
Thank you cowhorse (http://www.pprune.org/members/388891-cowhorse)

I heard about people who had more difficult emergencies, like engine fires... so that's what I was worried about.

G CEXO
23rd May 2012, 12:54
Cowhorse, I know a guy who did his assessment a month ago and he got an engine failure during his assessment. He did his mcc/joc in a 737-8 so maybe he was being tested a bit...

Dobo1
25th May 2012, 10:47
Would any of this weeks attendees care to share the experience at Stansted. Anything to add or out of the ordinary to note? Ta

pareta
25th May 2012, 16:12
No man, everything is the same as said in the feedback.
Read the feedback and everything is gonna be ok.
Personal interview: easy
Technical: easy, make sure you know your stuff cause they may try to fool you.

The only part i found hard was the simulator, but thats only because i did my mcc on fntp2.

All the same, different day :ok:

PilotJY
26th May 2012, 11:25
Is anyone in for assessment on the 30th?

Strategy
28th May 2012, 11:02
Hi guys!

I read earlier in the thread that if you are contacted by CAE and they request your Cv they also require you to have flown at least one hour during the last six months.

Anyone knows what is counted in here?
Must it be PIC? Is FNPTII ok?

I dont have that hour but I have done my PC lately in the FNPTII.
I guess I have to rent an aircraft for one hour to fulfill the requirement.

PIOSEE
28th May 2012, 12:19
Hi guys,

Given the expansion to draw to an end this year. What is in store for Ryanair and it's recruitment? It seems over the last few months it's been mainly Oxford or CAE trained pilots who have been getting the call for assessments. Makes sense considering CAE acquired OAA and CAE is recruiting for Ryanair!:suspect: For this reason guys like me who are waiting for nearly a year or more are starting to accept we may never get a call. (Unless you have some serious connections!)

But if Ryanair is going to stop recruitment, will it turn into a legacy carrier type structure? A few DE FO's every few years. E.g Aer Lingus? Just food for thought!

P.s I like the others are Irish, trained in Ireland, Early- Mid 20's first time passes in everything.

Bomb-Bay707
28th May 2012, 12:49
hey guys ... just been emailed by CAE to forward my CV ! Do you know the time window between sending your CV and getting the call for the interview ?

it's been a bit more than 3 months now since i've submitted my online application !

skyblue737
28th May 2012, 17:20
Does Ryanair give second chances? I know in the past they used to give it, but I am not sure if at present they continue doing so...

pareta
28th May 2012, 18:13
If anyone here on the forums has been to the Wednesday's 23rd May assessment please PM me. :ok:

pareta
28th May 2012, 23:21
Absolute altitude & how to increase it, explain coffin corner and why. dihedral, anhedral, jetstreams, tropopause over eq-uk-poles, why are we flying high, why fast.

Precision22
29th May 2012, 18:32
I had an assessment a few months ago now and I was unsuccessful. I felt like I had a strong day interview and Sim included, I just guess wasn't what they wanted. Admittedly I do have 1 ATPL exam fail. I got absolutley 'tanned' by the interviewer but I guess they're looking to see you under pressure.

The best advise I can give is not to get hung up over the tech questions which pop up here and there as I was asked none of them. One of my questions involved engine development since the 1990's throughout the Boeing series right up to 787... With regards to the sim it varies depending on the examiners mood. I could have performed better, but maybe a different day different instructor may have been successful, you just don't know and your cannot preempt anything.

My sim as PM had an engine fire and I had an engine failure on the go around as PF after flying a CDFA approach.

You just have to approach the interview as any job and just do what you can. I don't like people who b@tch in moan about the assessments as generally they are fair although I can to a point agree with the argument that if you have a strong partner this can only help your cause.

I wish those who are going for interview the best of luck and just relax. Hopefully I will get a second chance...

magicmick
30th May 2012, 10:15
I had an assessment many moons ago (late 2008) as a basic low hours geezer who had flown nothing larger than a Seneca. I did my MCC in a TP sim and because I got the call for assessment very late I did not have time to book some 737 sim time before the assessment so I went in absolutely blind. The person running the sim failed the No1 engine during the assessment (no fire), maybe he thought that I looked at him queer as we walked into the sim or something!!!!!!! Suffice to say, like Precision I received a ‘custard pie’ email in due course.

magicmick
30th May 2012, 12:29
I agree with you cowhorse but it’s their trainset to do what they will with, as with any selection process there will always be a degree of luck involved. In your assessment you were lucky and got a very straight forward profile.

Personally with the way that I performed throughout the sim assessment I feel that I would not have been accepted even without the engine failure, in fact if I was running the sim I would not have recruited myself based on my performance. As I had done my MCC in a TP sim and had never experienced a swept wing high performance jet sim I struggled. I knew all about the theory as to how swept wings handle and perform and the pitch/ thrust couple but I had never experienced it so I struggled with speed and altitude discipline. Also I was pretty nervous and put myself under a lot of pressure to perform, add those things up and you get the village idiot flying.

That’ll teach me to be tighter than a crabs arse at 40 fathoms and not spend a bit more money on a jet MCC and/ or JOC.

Good luck to those awaiting assessment or waiting for the results after going through assessment.

magicmick
30th May 2012, 13:36
When I did my assessment there were 8 people including myself. I don’t know for sure but I have heard in the past that ‘normally’ around 40% get accepted which means that 3 or 4 out of 8 might get in.

Spnpilot
31st May 2012, 01:30
Hi everyone!! I passed my assesment so if anyone has any question please send me a private message, I'll be starting my TR course the 15th of june at EMA.
I am bit worried cus i do not have a accomodation yet. For those who already did it at EMA: How did u find a place to stay! or where should I ask this info? thanks!!!

dui
31st May 2012, 09:09
Does anyone know the youngest age that Ryanair interview?I see there seem to be quite a few at 21,does anyone know of any 20yr olds getting the call?

lespaul06
31st May 2012, 12:35
I know some FO's below 20 yo , one was 19 when he was hired , i was 21 , and i even heard of a FO who was 18 when he started . :O

lespaul06
31st May 2012, 12:41
Have a look around Loughborough , Bus running 24/7 from there straight to the airport and it's a university city , so many cheap accomodations .
We were staying there during the entire TR and we were paying around 200 £ / month for a student room .

OutsideCAS
31st May 2012, 12:45
Kilworth House Hotel is only £180 per night, excellent facilities and location and just book a limousine to and from EMA should work out well.

captain.weird
31st May 2012, 13:52
There was a Russian one who was 18 when he was hired.

pareta
31st May 2012, 15:00
Hey guys, i need some advice please

When i asked people who fly for ryanair, all of them accepted the first date of type rating that was given to them.
I received "the phonecall" recently and i was offered a starting date (type rating) on the 25th of june but i changed it to the 23rd of july. Ive been told that they will come back to me as soon as theyre done sorting out the upcoming groups first. (the reason i requested a later date for type rating than the one i was given is because i have to sort out my finances first.)

Anyone been on my position before? Is this normal? or im risking my place?
I mean.. since i was successful theres no chance of something going wrong right? :confused:

cyrilferrandini007
31st May 2012, 15:17
Hi !

How long had you been waiting until they called you for an interview ?
I have applied through internet wich is the only way to apply ..... And I have not been answered yet ... ( 5 months waiting )

Thanks you .

FirstOfficer
31st May 2012, 18:04
There was a Russian one who was 18 when he was hired.

I believe you are correct. I remember reading about him in Stapleford's newsletter as the youngest FO.

pareta
1st Jun 2012, 17:25
@CMDGreen
3 working days for me. Normally takes a week, but i know people who got the call 2 weeks later.

Pittslover
2nd Jun 2012, 21:23
I have an Uk issued licence and as you probably know they issue for each sitting separate results sheet. The diemma is that i have lost one of these. How can I proof my attempts to FR? Do I need to bring all sheets or is it enough to bring the last plus the one from my groundschool provider?

dave1989
4th Jun 2012, 10:02
Just had the call from CAE. Anyone going to the assessment on the 13th June?

jizzman
4th Jun 2012, 11:33
I wonder what you write on "additional information" on CAE website when you update your profile, the last page on the application form?

Do you leave it blank or what?

dave1989
4th Jun 2012, 13:04
@jizzman
I seriously wouldn't recommend leaving it blank. I copied and pasted my cover letter into it.

jizzman
4th Jun 2012, 13:11
Alright!

Was your cover letter specially done for Ryanair on CAE website och did you write a general one?

dave1989
4th Jun 2012, 13:53
It was a general one but tweaked to each company I applied too. It would be the best thing to put in there if there's nothing else you can think of

Anunaki
4th Jun 2012, 15:57
I did the same,applied over a month ago and heard nothing...a little worried as I think that due to the fact that my licence hasn't been issued yet(they told me 4-6 weeks)they have bypassed me?!I understand they are overwhelmed with applications,so I tried to gain some time,well,didn't work...!how's the waiting time for you folks from app to interview??

CY333
4th Jun 2012, 16:39
Applied year ago and nothing, so don't panic guys

galuppo88
4th Jun 2012, 18:41
anyone going to Ryanair assessment on June 14th 2012 held at Stansted training centre? If yes, let me know.:ugh:

norgab
5th Jun 2012, 09:37
I signed up at CAE early feb'12.
About 3 months later I got the email where they ask to see your cv. Send cv, and they will reply with "thank you, it has been forwarded to ryanair."

A week after sending the cv, I recieved an email where they ask you to be availiable for a phone call in about a week.
The phone call was to go through some details about the application. The exp dates for medical and certificate, first time passes, date of last flight and such. My detalis were fine, and they booked me in for an assessment that was 10 days from then.

Im 25, norwegian, 220 hours SEP/MEP, Beech200 MCC.

-c206-
10th Jun 2012, 17:45
What are you suppose to put in under "additional info" on the CAE webpage?

lespaul06
10th Jun 2012, 18:17
I was called without writting anything in it ! ;)

rebelco
11th Jun 2012, 21:12
can someone please give some up to date info whether it is ok to have a resit of one ATPL exam in the latest phone calls before getting called for an assessment, Thanks.

dave1989
12th Jun 2012, 09:27
Anyone got there assessment tomorrow? Where u gonna be staying? PM me.

atheuma
14th Jun 2012, 13:50
I am a CPL IR ME holder for the past 2 yrs. I am now intriguing of applying with Ryanair. Should I do the AQC with CTC in hope to get more opportunities with other airlines or should I do the MCC + JOC with OAA (CAE) who are currently recruiting for FR.

Which of the above route would you guys take in order to get an assessment consideration from FR fast?

magicmick
14th Jun 2012, 14:32
Check with CTC but I believe that the AQC course is currently closed to new applicants which makes your mind up for you unless you want to consider the very expensive CAE Ryanair MCC.

atheuma
14th Jun 2012, 14:40
Yes I met guys who did their MCC on an FNPT2 and are nowadays working for FR. I have met other guys who did Ryanair approved MCC and failed the assessment.

Ok leaving ryanair aside, since I believe what you are saying in that doing it with Oxford and CTC gives you equal opportunities, which MCC and JOC would you guys go for that will prepare you most for the ryanair assessment? Who has the most identical sim ?

magicmick
14th Jun 2012, 14:53
My information is fairly old as I went for RYR assessment at the end of 2008, there were 8 of us on the day (7 OAA integrated and myself). The OAA guys told me that during the sim sessions during their MCC and JOC they just practiced RYR assessment profiles and the instructors briefed them on interview questions. They were expected to report back to OAA what sim profile they were given and what questions they were asked at interview. Not sure if they still offer it but OAA were offering a better price if you booked MCC and JOC together so as CTC AQC is closed I’d do MCC and JOC with OAA and get their instructors to put you through RYR profiles and brief you on interview questions. You might not be an integrated student but you are a customer of OAA and you should get all the support and advice that you can from them, if you get a job they’ll claim that it was all their effort on the recruitment stats section of their website. Good luck.

FirstOfficer
14th Jun 2012, 15:25
Hello,

I believe the relationship between Ryanair and OAA has ceased, at least it is no longer within OAA's website nor on Ryanair's!

plikee
14th Jun 2012, 15:32
Hello,

I believe the relationship between Ryanair and OAA has ceased, at least it is no longer within OAA's website nor on Ryanair's!

Maybe true but CAE bought OAA so I don't know if that 'relationship' finished ..

FirstOfficer
14th Jun 2012, 15:49
Hello,

You are correct, I forgot about the CAE purchase of OAA... :O

Apologies.

Al Murdoch
15th Jun 2012, 06:21
OAA hasn't had any useful relationships with any serious airlines for a long time. They'll tell you different though...

chorse
15th Jun 2012, 15:58
Any Irish getting called for interview at all?

plikee
15th Jun 2012, 16:28
Any news from the last assessment ?

pilotscott
15th Jun 2012, 19:37
Hi Guys,

FR seems to be searching people with maximum 1 retake on the official exams and max 1 partial pass on the CPL or IR check.

Any lucky people also joining the EGSS assessment on June 27?

Let me know..

YaKyLLaN
16th Jun 2012, 14:08
Is there anyone who had a second chance with RYR after failing the first assessment?

blojan
24th Jun 2012, 08:20
Hi there!

Anyone who is going to the Induction 13th of August with TR start 27th of August held in EMA?

Plz PM me..

elvis1983
27th Jun 2012, 16:19
Hello Guys,

In two weeks I am going to assessment and I would like to ask about

final report from your Flight Training Organisation, showing your performance and grades throughout your training requirement

I have graduated from modular course so I was trained in 3 FTOs??
What do you think should I get, reports from all FTOs I have ever trained or maybe one report from for example FTO where I get CPL training and additionally certificates from each my trainings??

What should be stated in that kind of report in case of only practical training in given FTO??

Do you have any problems with that kind of document during interview??

Thanks in advance!

plikee
29th Jun 2012, 11:15
cowhorse,

what about if you go integrated and your MCC in a different FTO? Is the certificate enough or do I need to really ask a report to them ?

VJW
1st Jul 2012, 17:16
Make sure you wear a suit. Don't forget you'll pretty much wear a suit (obviously not the jacket) when actually flying, so it's no different.

ford cortina
1st Jul 2012, 18:11
Javierlink

Hi guys, I've got an assestment soon and it's my first interview with an airline, I have NO IDEA of how to dress, in the first page it says to go in a suit.. but really? aren t jeans and a shirt enough??

You have to be joking.....right:mad:

If you think you can wear jeans to ANY job interview.....:=
Our profession is just that, you are wanting to join a group of professionals, think, act and dress acordingly:ok:

pudoc
1st Jul 2012, 20:35
Surely somebody capable of passing a skills test knows what to wear for an interview??

VJW
2nd Jul 2012, 13:45
Javierlink, you aren't a despatcher in Madrid airport are you??

Javierlink
2nd Jul 2012, 14:41
VJW nope:=

plikee
2nd Jul 2012, 15:40
I only brought the MCC certificate, the report that I gave them was very general. Guys from Oxford were bringing all sorts of Soviet-era reports, documents, journals etc, but my papers were completely OK.

True, because the MCC certificate is a kind of report, I think.

I made my MCC in Germany, Berlin, 10 days . Even if I ask they a report, they would probably say the same thing which is in the certificate

elvis1983
3rd Jul 2012, 07:29
Anybody knows what percentage of people passing assessment??

pareta
3rd Jul 2012, 13:27
Depends on how many are suitable. For example, i remember they said to us that if all 8 of us were suitable for the job, they will get the job.
Theres no percentage i guess.

elvis1983
3rd Jul 2012, 14:07
I meant in general, per year for exapmle.

fixed cardioid
5th Jul 2012, 14:45
its about 1 or 2 out of the 8, if they took more they'd have all their type rating courses booked out for the next year, also bit cynical but 8000ish applicants paying £300 each whats the rush for them they might as well make the most out it

TALLYHOCHAP
8th Jul 2012, 09:42
Hi all,

When your at the assessment and when your given the plates are you allowed to write on the plates ?

skyblue737
10th Jul 2012, 05:56
I've got a question for those who were called for second time.

Did you delete your whole profile on CAE, just delete the application for the airline, or simple you didn't do nothing.

I am worried because I think this kind of little things could be the difference between receiving the call or not.

Adam106
11th Jul 2012, 20:18
Hi there,

Can anyone answer a question about TR start dates. Assuming you pass assessment and get offered a place on a TR, how flexible are Ryanair on the start date? If I'm currently employed in a non-aviation career that has contractually set leave dates, will FR let me choose the course I would like?

lespaul06
13th Jul 2012, 16:33
I was in the same situation as you last year I had a contract till the end of september and they put me on the 1st of september course initially . I just gave them a call asking if it would be possible to postpone , and they just put me straight away on the october tr course . Anyway during the interview , the HR manager will ask you if you have any notice to leave your current job . ;)

mikelirec
13th Jul 2012, 19:04
Is there anyone in my situation?

- please ensure that you have entered at least 1 hour in your log book within the past 6 months before submitting your CV.

- Your application will ONLY be accepted if your last “logged” flight was LESS THAN six months ago.

Would you submit your CV having your last flight 7 months ago, but last FNTP2 Sim "flight" 2 months ago?

I'm working in Canada right now and it would be a pain in the ass coming back to Europe just to fly one silly hour.

City or Jet
13th Jul 2012, 20:02
Yes and no...I went and logged an hour the next day and then sent my CV. I'm sure they're using this as a selection filter or something, seems as though most people are contacted +6months out of flight school.

rhythm08
14th Jul 2012, 08:41
Does anyone know if they show any preference to people who hold instructor ratings?

Regards

rhythm08
14th Jul 2012, 10:33
Just a basic instructor rating, restricted still. Still less than 300 hours total.

a320renewal
14th Jul 2012, 13:05
Mikelirec

In this case you can stay home.
You think guys they are going to be nice for you.

What say your mom or girlfriend?

Grow up!

mav737
17th Jul 2012, 10:25
Hey all,

I got an e-mail 3 weeks ago asking to send CV, and the answer was that in a week/s I would be contact for place a date of assesment.
Does anyone has been called for an assesment this week or next.

Any info is appreciate..

737 northener
17th Jul 2012, 16:20
Anyone attending the induction on the 13th of August?

737_dreamer
21st Jul 2012, 23:33
Does anyone attend Ryanair assessment on 25/7 at STN?

Cheers

camaesso
22nd Jul 2012, 20:34
I recibed a mail from CAE,i have been selected for ryanair and i have to send my cv but i dont have my license yet, im waiting for the autorities to send it to my home.
Anyone knows if there is a problem to wait many days to send my CV or it doesnt matter?
im a little bit worried about it...

Pittslover
23rd Jul 2012, 11:14
High price for aspiring pilots to pay for commercial airline grade - The Irish Times - Fri, Jul 06, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0706/1224319507683.html)

Strategy
24th Jul 2012, 13:30
@ Camaesso

I don´t think that it is a problem at all.

I waited two weeks before I sent in my CV of different reasons.

I think that as soon as they recieve your CV they will go on with your application, before that you will be selected but on hold.

They also state in the email pretty clearly that you shouldnt send in your Cv until you have your license in your hand.

So my experince of this is that they will wait for your Cv and after that they continue with your application.

Good luck!!

pilot089
24th Jul 2012, 21:49
Hey Guys!

I'm attending an interview next week.. Does anyone know what type of tech questions they'll be asking! Finished my ATPL 3 years ago and am a bit rusty!

Many thanks!

mikelirec
25th Jul 2012, 19:11
@pilot089

How long did it take for you to get contacted since you sent your Cv?

captain.weird
26th Jul 2012, 05:52
Are CAE students really preferred at RYR or not?

Callsign Kilo
26th Jul 2012, 21:13
A pulse and a bank balance are preferred at Ryanair.

But seriously, pass rates are not 50%. That's absurd. Who could train all these pilots (loads of LTCs and TREs have left for the desert) and where would they be based? The company cut routes and grounded planes this summer because they have lost too many Captains and senior FOs.

And despite this, there are already too many FOs at Ryanair (heard this week from the mouth of a senior training pilot at Ryanair's East Midlands Training centre). To you guys this means that the hours you fly will be lower than is currently the norm for FOs. That means much less pay to repay those expensive loans.

You guys are recruited only because the training department makes a huge profit. Whether you sit around doing little flying once trained is not their problem.

Who cares. Who's got an assessment? My mate's on the type rating course on the 32nd of Julember.

Don't waste your time Depone.

Depone
26th Jul 2012, 21:42
True. People don't read these threads before they start training; only once they've spent their money in training.

Ronand
27th Jul 2012, 11:04
Hi, anybody thinking about joining ryanair now think twice now. The expansion is over and they will continue to run the typerating to make some extra cash. Currently flying hrs for FO's are spiraling downwards rapidly, there will be no chance paying back your loans not even enough money for living expenses over the winter month. It is summer now and we are flying far less than last summer, there is no need for more FO's and they are currently running 3 typerating courses at the same time... It is not anymore what it used to be during the expansion, just keep that in mind before paying the 30k......
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/491411-fr-bases.html

Have a look at this thread, also the plan of getting hrs and then get something better is not working very well anymore if you will only fly arround 400-500 hrs a year on a very low salary......

muten
27th Jul 2012, 18:07
Yes, of course is better to stay at home with no job at all, paying 3000€ every year to have your licenses current and getting old while slowly forggeting everything you have learned in your atpl, and applying to the hundreds of succesful airlines in europe hiring new low hour wanabes.

:D:D:D

come on guys, have you forgoten what being unemployed is?, are you that blind? RYR is not expanding, you will fly 500h, so what, you´ll get 30K gross a year, instead of paying the debt in 3 years it will take 5 or 6 while you keep yourself current, flying a 737 and whatever good thing you want to make out of it. There are no options out there, not in europe and very little in asia or africa... and you suggest to wait and not apply to ryanair, sure you remember this sentence: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Callsign Kilo
27th Jul 2012, 18:52
muten

You paid for a licence during the biggest global financial collapse that we may ever be likely to witness. Ryanair will not finance your debt. Joining leaves you with completely different prospects than what you would have had even four years ago. You have heard the warnings and to be frank, do what you like. You will find next to nobody in FR will actually give a sh1t. If you've done the sums, banked on 600 hours per year, the very real prospect of living away from home, the opportunity to upgrade being much greater than 4 years then well done. As I've always said, it must work for you first and foremost. The training still remains good as does the experience and most generally the people you share the flightdeck with. When I joined it had a lot more running for it that just that. It's up to you. Do what you like, just don't complain 1 or 2 years down the line. No one will offer you any compassion whatsoever.

mikelirec
27th Jul 2012, 21:56
anyone for the assessment on 9/8 ?

any simulator recommendation to practice for the assessment?

thanks

Ronand
27th Jul 2012, 22:41
I know you guys have no other option but picture this: you will be based somewhere where u don't know anybody, and you don't speak the language. on a 5/3 roster probably with very bad commuting possibilites. you will have 3 stby a week only flying about 6-7 days a month. You will be barely able to support yourself, due to the low hours plus you have to pay for everything rent, transport, uniform food, water, ids literally everything..... It will take many many years until u have enough hours to go somewhere else, probably never.... Do you really want to pay 30k for this?

PilotBRS
28th Jul 2012, 08:08
Im going for the assessment on the 9th. Got he phone call yesterday from them.

muten
28th Jul 2012, 08:27
Probably I'm too old, realistic or stupid, who knows, maybe my parents haven't paid for everything in my life and I have been working my ass in so many ****ty jobs for so long, that even in it's darkest hours (to the date) ryanair seems like a good job (terrible contract conditions, but good job nevertheless).

I think the problem with aviation is that is a career where you have to spend a lot of money to get somewhere, and most of you guys, with all due respect, have barely made it out of the nest and don't really know how is the real world, where most of the people will never make 40K gross a year in their whole life, then you expect just because you are a pilot, you must get a decent job, near your house with your friends and family making a ****load of money... then, welcome to the real world.

People should be aware of what you have said, because you are right, but you have all that information upfront before signing the contract, if you neglect the reality or expect something no one have said, it's your problem, don't cry after. But nothing of what you've said is enough to support the idea of not applying or work for ryr, you still will make more money for a living than the average common person, just because you've paid a lot of money for your education doesn't mean you will automatically get tons of money.

The only good reason to let the opportunity in ryanair go is if you will risk your parents house with a mortgage or something stupid like that, specially these days where no one knows with this crisis how the things will develop (wishful thinking is not an option), but the price for the TR is a bit more than the price for a car, if you can afford a car, make some sacrifice and buy a bike instead, while in exchange you will have your TR and 500H on the 737 a year (while it last, at least)

EDIT: And if you, dear wannabe, are not ready to live in the middle of nowhere, far from everything you know and with poor commuting conditions, then being a pilot is not for you, maybe you haven't notice yet, but an airport is not like a supermarket, you won't find one in every corner, you will have to move near one, and probably "yourvillage airlines" won't be hiring anytime soon, so big chances are that you will live far from home the rest of your life in case you are lucky enough to get a job.

Ronand
28th Jul 2012, 08:59
Ryanair is not a good job, trust me. It was ok over the past years, not great but money was ok and you could make a living. But at the moment its changing rapidly, due to the expansion stop. FO's are already flying substantially less than last summer. I am currently flying about 35% less than last year which means a 35% paycut. By the looks there will be about a 50% paycut for FO's within the next year.... And no command opportunities anymore either...

muten
28th Jul 2012, 09:37
Don't you see a contradiction in what you are saying and what you are doing?

Do you realize that you are complaining because you make less money than before and some other crappy job conditions to people with no job at all? And your suggestion to this people is to stay at home with no job, waiting for a company which pays more or better, while you, with a TR and hours on type seem unable to move to a better company which fill your needs and make you happy? Why don't you quit if it's that bad for you?

Again, if you compare your life at ryr, and being unemployed at your home, what will you choose? Which one is better? You're entitled to be pissed with your job, but suggesting the wannabes is better to be at home with no job than take the chance at ryr, makes no sense.

Nicko1986
28th Jul 2012, 09:47
Hi all,

I have been notifiied that I will recieve a phone call monday from CAE, however I took an extra attempt to pass 2 ATPL subjects. I have series 1 passes on the CPL/IR and speak a 2nd language.

Am I right in thinking the phone call is where they reject you for re-taking 2 exams?

Thanks for any information.

Ronand
28th Jul 2012, 09:53
I don't regret joining ryanair, I have also almost paid all my loans off. At the moment there are no other jobs, even for experienced fo's with over 1000hrs on type! I am basically just warning you guys, that it is not anymore what it used to be a year ago, financially u won't be able to pay your loans off. Ad the end it is your decision if u are joining them, just be aware that u will barely fly any hrs in future.... Financially you will make - in winter and in summer hrs have decreased so much u will be about break even, paying for acc, transport, food, uniform.... your finances will spiral downwards, you will never be able to pay off your debt, so unless u got rich parents that pay everything for you, it will be a lose lose situations for you....
And by the way you won't be employed, and flying 5 days a month feels like unemployment, just that you are far away from home and can't even go home due to all the freakin' stbys on your roster....
cheers

Wesker
28th Jul 2012, 15:06
Ronand: Don't try to scare people away to protect your own salary. Either leave Ryanair or work hard to change the working conditions and your contract. Moaning about 700h per year is an insult to a lot of people in this community. People who work at regular jobs, often low end jobs to pay for their renewals.

heading 125
28th Jul 2012, 16:58
It will be interesting with the two exam resists. They seem more interested that you have passed all the theory exams than the flying first time. For a good pilot you would think that their criteria would be first time passes on CPL and IR. Most pilots that I know and myself included are not book people, but are good handling pilots. I guess that the exam thing is an easy way to thin down the numbers. The question is why not use the flying passes to thin down the numbers. Any thoughts?

Mikehotel152
28th Jul 2012, 17:46
I wouldn't be so sure about that heading 125.

The 'book' stuff is actually very important, especially if you have any desire to become a Captain at some stage. or are you guys planning on being career FOs?

Any moron can handle an aircraft, much as almost every Tom, Dick and Harry can get a car driving licence. Good handling? It's more important to have situational awareness and high mental capacity.

In the old days airlines were highly selective and could choose those who were good academically AND could fly the plane.

Sign of the times that you don't even need a good education to get into FR. At least the likes of BA still have standards! :rolleyes:

heading 125
28th Jul 2012, 18:08
Not a career FO Captain for Twenty five years!!!
A relative applied to Ryanair and was bin'ed at the phone stage. Four resits but first time passes at CPL and IR. Interestingly my dad had to resit some his ATPLs and he retired as a respected TRI/TRE. He always said that university educated pilots always knew the book work backwards but had difficulty flying, the reverse of course of the not so well educated. You really need the pilots in between. Practically minded seem to be the best in my opinion and not book worms.

Mikehotel152
28th Jul 2012, 21:59
I'd agree with that.

Being well-educated isn't a bad thing, mind.

muten
29th Jul 2012, 07:52
It will be interesting with the two exam resists. They seem more interested that you have passed all the theory exams than the flying first time. For a good pilot you would think that their criteria would be first time passes on CPL and IR. Most pilots that I know and myself included are not book people, but are good handling pilots. I guess that the exam thing is an easy way to thin down the numbers. The question is why not use the flying passes to thin down the numbers. Any thoughts?

I don't really think it's an issue on how smart you are because you are able to pass the exams first time, in the end you have many different schools and people across europe, so the pass/fail is more about your personal situation or how the school prepares you. Not to forget that you can learn the question bank by heart and you'll be successful even if you are retarded.

My guess is they want first time passers in the TR because you have to study a lot of stuff in a very short time, so it's more like you would be able to do it if you've done it in the past during the atpl, than if you retook a few exams, which somehow I guess it tells them that you went to take the test poorly prepared. So they want to avoid the same situation just in case.

nick14
29th Jul 2012, 09:01
1000 hours on type is hardly experienced.....

VJW
29th Jul 2012, 11:24
I agree- distinct lack of knowledge assuming someone with 1000 hours is experienced and that they'll be plenty of jobs waiting for them at this magic number. 1000 hours with my lot is still inexperienced, where you have limits put on you regarding take off and landings, hardly call that experienced when you can't land in a 16kt crosswind!

Ronand
29th Jul 2012, 17:13
So u are saying I can't land in 16kts crosswind LOL, haha you just made my day..... Do u honestly think that someone with 1000hrs on a 737 can't land in more than 16kts crosswinds?? That just shows your ignorance and lack of flying knowledge..... I guess you are a 200hr wonder wannabe.... right?
In my opinon someone who holds an ATPL and has over 1600TT 1000hrs on Jet aircraft can be considderd an experienced FO. The problem in this current climate is that there are baerly any jobs for FO's, they are just not needed. Most Outfits rather take 0 hrs, make some money on typeratings and then pay them a low salary. Why pay for something that you can get for free.... You will notice that 95% of job offeres with contractor companies are for Captains, there are barely any for FOs.
I am not trying to protect my salary, as there will be far more applicants than needed anyways, regardless of what I am writing here. I am just letting the new guys know what to expect. Just don't expect 700-800hrs a year and an easy life in the sun, as it used to be before, times in ryr are currently changing rapidly for the worse, believe it or not.... I would not be surprised if FOs soon will fly arround 400hrs a year, and there will also be no upgrades in seight in the near futere....
Good luck, cos you will need it.

Mikehotel152
29th Jul 2012, 19:04
I have 2000 hrs on type and yet I cringe when Captains introduce me to pax as a 'senior FO'. :O Don't get me wrong, I am quite capable of landing with 16 kts + across. I think VJW was making the point that 1000 hrs is not experienced in industry terms, rather than suggesting that crosswinds are beyond their abilities. But even 2000 hrs is early days in one's career...

TTango
29th Jul 2012, 21:43
Whilst i'm sure you are capable of handling a 16 kt x-wind, if you read VJWs post properly, he said that in his company (presumably FR) a 1000 hour FO is still restricted to a 15kt x-wind limit. In this example, calling someone who is still x-wind limited to 15 kts "experienced" seems a bit of an exaggeration!

No_Speed_Restriction
30th Jul 2012, 02:08
Can anyone who has recently been to a DEC (non-type rated) interview and sim assessment please share what questions were asked (technical etc) and what the latest sim exercises involved?

Many thanks

Callsign Kilo
30th Jul 2012, 08:57
So FR wannabees. Which one of the five options would you take?

1) SSTR with line training and line check package?
2) SSTR with line training, line check and 500 hours on type
3) SSTR with non renewable summer contract
4) SSTR with renewable summer contact after €5000 OCC (retraining fee basically) is paid prior to each renewal.
5) SSTR with 30 hours per month guaranteed but no greater. 2 months leave per year.

And you think I'm joking ehhh?

vsersen
30th Jul 2012, 10:44
Hey everyone!

I just got the email from the CEA and now I'm expecting the phone call. When do I have to sent them papers (license, medical...)? I'm asking because I'm still waiting for the MCC license (I've already completed the training).

Thank you!

Depone
30th Jul 2012, 19:11
he said that in his company (presumably FR) a 1000 hour FO is still restricted to a 15kt x-wind limit

No, you presume incorrectly as he's most certainly not working for FO if that's the limit at his airline.

I think VJW's point was to do with experience. I believe he used the example of his airline's crosswind limit to emphasise the point that many airlines do not regard sub-1000 hours as 'experienced' and therefore put restrictions on what they regard as inexperienced pilots. I don't think he mean that he believed that pilots with less than 1000 hours can't physically manage a 16kt crosswind. A subtle difference.

Hang on, why an I trying to speak for him?! :ugh:;) I haven't the foggiest what he really meant! :p

mikelirec
31st Jul 2012, 03:07
Anyone who did the assessment recently could say what approaches are done in the sim? Liverpool, Dublin, EMA...

Thanks!

flying apple
31st Jul 2012, 08:35
When i did the assessment it could be from almost every uk airport thar fr flies to

Nicko1986
31st Jul 2012, 11:35
Hi all,

just recieved call from CAE. They said they will be in contact shortly after speaking with Ryanair, any idea how long this takes ? is it normally over the phone that they reject you for ATPL attempts ?

Thanks in advance for any information.

No_Speed_Restriction
3rd Aug 2012, 13:30
Hi,

For those of you who have a sim assessment coming up or have completed an assessment, please can you answer the following. On the go around profile, there is no mention of 'bugging up' to 220. Can I assume there is no acceleration segment in the go around prior to flap retraction (just flap retraction on schedule whilst maintaining 15 degrees go around pitch)? :confused:

Pawnee Pilot
3rd Aug 2012, 16:04
I am about to send my application to Ryan, but I don't have a flight school report. The flight school i attended went out of business a while ago so I can't ask anyone there, but the former head of training and I fly gliders in the same flying club so he can help me and write one.

The only problem is that he has no clue what the report should contain and have never written one...

Can anyone here help me, what’s in your reports, what should be included?:confused:

sterkulf
4th Aug 2012, 00:30
Bug up after leveling off at missed altitude is what they want you to do at the assessment :ok:

Mr 737
4th Aug 2012, 10:17
My report said:

XXX was at XXX school to complete JAA CPL, ME and IR between the dates of XX and XX

CPL was completed in XX hours from XX to XX with a first time pass

(then repeat the same for ME and IR)

Then they talk about how I conducted myself in a diligent manner, how hard I worked, that I passed everything in minimum hours with first time passes, and so on....ending with that they can confirm I would make a great asset in any airline and wish me all the best for the future. Oh and also that they can be contacted if anyone needs any further information.

Just try to focus on the positives - unless there were major concerns about your safety in the air there should not be anything negative in your report and it should all be glowing stuff

sterkulf
4th Aug 2012, 11:04
Anyone attending TR in Amsterdam sept 3rd? pm..

No_Speed_Restriction
4th Aug 2012, 20:28
Sterkulf,

So they expect you to accelerate whilst at 15 degrees pitch up in the go around (any min height for this?) and only when the flaps are up you can put your hands back on the thrust levers and ask for 'bug up'?

Thanks

Igis
5th Aug 2012, 11:43
Is anybody going on 15th of August to Stanstead for assessment?

sterkulf
5th Aug 2012, 11:59
According to the brief pack, youre supposed to maintain F15 and atleast 147kts until levelling off, then bug up, accelerate and start flap retraction. when the flaps are up, thrust levers are PFs responsibility, until then just command your PM if thrust reduction is needed i guess

mikelirec
5th Aug 2012, 17:14
1. Do you have to provide your original ATPL exams results? When I passed them I only received an email from my school with a CAA report with my marks and attempts. Is that okay?

2. My medical expired today, and I'm still waiting to receive my current medical. Is it compulsory to have it valid the day of the interview or just for the TR?

Thanks a lot!

mikelirec
5th Aug 2012, 20:39
@FingerFlyer,

Thanks for the answer! I'll try to sort something out and not worry too much...:rolleyes:

NicolauSwart
5th Aug 2012, 22:15
Anyone attending on the 16th at Stansted?

cheers

iF1y
6th Aug 2012, 13:22
I have assessment 23rd August. prior preparation prevents piss poor performance...:) wish me luck

muten
9th Aug 2012, 08:48
yes, bla, bla, bla, bla, and the next ones to come with the same old story are the ones of repa, balpa, etc

don't you guys realize that you are preaching to the people in need?

let me try to explain with a more colourful example: Imagine that us, 1st world country well feed fat bourgeois guys, go to senegal for example and try to convince and explain how bad is to eat meat from treated animals, or use pesticides, or transgenic vegetables (yeah, all that hippie bull****) to people which has some need in food, you know, not being able to go to tesco an buy a steak or some tomatoes, these people won't care about what you are saying, even if you are right, if you plant in front of them a nice big steak of a cloned cow with a side dish of tasty transgenic potatoes and tomatoes, they are going to say, oh no, thanks mister for showing me the truth, I well starve here sucking this tree root than eat that damaging food for the environment and our health.

I hope this helps to convince you to GTFO and leave the newbies try to figure out how to get selected without reading nonsense (true nonsense, but directed to the wrong audience). It's like when the annoying people of repa begins to post here every few post... don't they realize they are talking to people WITHOUT the job... yes, yes, the are informing everybody and bla bla bla, but this is not the place to be trolling around every ******* page of the thread. Please, at least you could space the same useless comments, I don't know, 5-6 pages?, not 5-6 posts, which is really annoying and destroys the purpose of the forum and the thread.

No_Speed_Restriction
9th Aug 2012, 12:10
Well,

Assessment in the next couple of days. Just thought I'd try and get any latest info from any DEC non rated individuals on what they experienced on the day?

Cheers

DILLIGAF.
9th Aug 2012, 20:49
Chill out Muten, join REPA

PIOSEE
10th Aug 2012, 00:14
Muten.... Extremely well put! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Depone
10th Aug 2012, 09:00
Muten,

Nice analogy but it's too extreme to be taken seriously. You misunderstand the reasons why experienced pilots are taking the time to inform you of conditions within Ryanair. Those guys at Ryanair are not dangling a nice juicy steak in front of you. It's a piece of poisoned donkey meat.

In any case you miss the key point:

Had I been thinking about a career in aviation during the worst recession in the aviation industry since the Wright Brothers first took to the air, I would have read these pages very carefully and weighed up the costs of training versus the likelihood of getting a job that could repay that expense and give me the career I dreamed of having BEFORE starting my training and putting myself in a position where I was metaphorically starving.

If comments from experienced pilots can open people's eyes to what's going on at Ryanair, then this IS the place to make those posts! If you want BS and optimistic lies about Ryanair, go to their corporate website.

Callsign Kilo
10th Aug 2012, 09:53
Muten

Your analogy is absolute bullsh1t because you and you alone put yourself in this predicament. As Depone said, you invested in a licence during a prolongued recession. Comparing this to people in Senegal striving to live on a daily basis is ******* absurd. What choice do they have? They didn't choose this life. I'd urge you to give this example during your Ryanair interview.

The moderator of this forum, a guys with miles of experience and a very astute understanding of this industry, has offered worthy opinion to guys like yourself. I believe he has given up banging his head against the wall :ugh:

When you do arrive in Ryanair you're unlikely to find opinion contrary to what you find here. All the trainers will tow the company line because it would appear highly unprofessional not to, but go on, really push them on how they see your prospects. I doubt you will though. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and all that, ehh?

Ripley72
10th Aug 2012, 13:58
I've had my assessment on 7th,DEC non rated.
Easy SIM..nice guys

DILLIGAF.
10th Aug 2012, 16:03
Guys the basic sim profile hasn't changed much over the years, basic SID, some air work including steep turns, needle tracking, etc, followed by NDB/ILS approaches, maybe single engine dependant on experience levels.

Interview is fun, some human resources type questions, why Ryanair, etc....standard interview questions really, preparation shows through.....some tech questions, basic ATPL theory unless experienced then expect some aircraft specific questions - again preparation really shows.

Good luck, relax and enjoy it. just remember that no-one wants you to fail, prepare for the interviews and fly like you know you can.

If you are successful well done, congrats and enjoy type rating and line training. Be warned though that you will get bent over and raped by the company. Burying your head in the sand will not help you, hrs are decreasing for new FO's and bases are getting more and more obscure, you will do lots of standbys for no pay miles away from family and friends with that huge loan to repay, good luck if you want to face that on your own, if you don't..........

JOIN REPA.....................times are changing and with the help of the cadets and inexperienced FO's we can really make a difference and change things for the better, I say again slowly JOIN REPA

G CEXO, Muten, et al - I hope that meets your expectations, now wind your necks in

Effoh
14th Aug 2012, 13:22
Anyone else here been given a start date in Amsterdam on 1st October?

lespaul06
17th Aug 2012, 07:53
Don"t start your type in AMS !!!!! AND JOIN REPA !!!! :E:E:E:E funny isn't it ?

iF1y
17th Aug 2012, 11:19
Hi,
Can anyone outline what ABCDEFGH checks are that the oxford guys use please... I think they use it before departure, but not sure what it stands for.

I didn't come from Oxford but would like to know what system they use just in case I get paired up with someone from there.

cheers

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Aug 2012, 10:05
Anyone from the Aug 14th assessment get a reply back yet?

Salbar
20th Aug 2012, 23:14
Hey guys,
Any of you got an email from CAE recently? Got an email wednesday to send my CV. How long does it normally take to get a call, if I get one at all?

Cheers

HaBuraTop
21st Aug 2012, 07:24
A - ATIS
B - Bugs
C - COMMS
D - Directions
E - Engines
F - FMC
G - General briefs

Hope this will help ;)

NicolauSwart
21st Aug 2012, 09:22
Anyone starting induction course on the 17th of september and TR on the 1st of october?

Cheers

Effoh
21st Aug 2012, 11:37
I'm on the same course- type rating in AMS on 1st oct? Have you got your contracts yet?

DILLIGAF.
21st Aug 2012, 22:45
There is absolutely nothing wrong with providing the guys and gals going for their interviews ALL of the information.....this is part of the decision making process, no-one else seems to have a problem with it but you GCEXO.

This is the REAL world where there are REAL problems, not your rose tinted spectacled flight school, happy jobs for everyone, view of life. Built4speed has it spot on and I call for him and others already flying for Ryanair to keep providing their knowledge to others looking for a foot in the door.

If we are voting on moderation of this thread then my vote goes for slinging your backside out the door, one day you will be looking for the support of someone like Built4speed, there is a movement going on in Ryanair and the wannabes and newbies need to be involved before Ts and Cs really hit rock bottom

so GCEXO I say again.......wind your neck in:ugh:

NicolauSwart
21st Aug 2012, 22:52
Effoh, yes I received my contract.

No_Speed_Restriction
22nd Aug 2012, 18:31
CEXO, whilst I think the majority of your recent posts are abrasive in nature, I do have to agree. This thread is designed for those about to attempt a Ryanair assessment, not for those who wish to relieve anger and tension.

CEXO, life's short............move on!

illuminat83
23rd Aug 2012, 12:24
Hello englishman i have received the same mail than you and previously cae sent two emails more.
I think i´m rejected but i don´t know why because my profile is what they are looking for if you check the pilot recruitment in the official website.
Have you veen called after that email like zondaracer said.
Thanks a lot for your help in advance. Good luck and kind regards

illuminat83
23rd Aug 2012, 14:39
Hello lespaul06
i would like to ask you for the email you received from ooa. I received an email of cae rejecting me for the position but i meet all the requirements they order and even they didn´t call me for the assessment. is it a normal practice reject you and after that gives you a call for the assessment?
Thank you in advance.

illuminat83
23rd Aug 2012, 16:28
hi lads

i would like to share this email with all of you because it´s a little bit rare for me cos i meet the criteria they request for the position even they didn´t called me but i was refused without any chance.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 (RYR) type-rating program.

We regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.
Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline to provide feedback regarding your application.

If you would like your registration to remain active on our website: https://pilot.cae.com , you are advised to update your profile every 4-6 months.
You should NOT create a new profile, as doing so will not be beneficial to applications which you might make via CAE in the future.

If your profile is suitable for opportunities or other programs conducted by CAE, our colleagues at CAE will then be able to contact you.

We would like to thank you for your interest in this type-rating program and wish you every success.

Kind regards,

I would like to know your opinion. Thanks a lot.

iF1y
24th Aug 2012, 19:23
From what I have gathered over the past few weeks going through the assessment and process of receiving emails and phone calls from CAE, you need:
first time passes in ATPL's - not a single fail
first time IR test
first series CPL.

These are also the questions you get asked when CAE phone you up. They want to confirm you have the above.

I obviously don't know what results you have, but if you've sent your c.v and you don't meet the above criteria, then they will probably reject you straight away.

This is my opinion.:ok:

Pittslover
25th Aug 2012, 01:01
I thought 1 retake is fine, did somebody get invited with one failed exam?:)

nayra
25th Aug 2012, 02:26
10 days ago I received an email from CAE.Before this,they asked me to send my cv, last sim session and last flight.
They said to me that this would be sent to Ryan and,if Ryan,"gave the ok"they would send me another email with the day and time I would be called ... my question is .... do you know how long it takes to answer yes or no? ?does Ryan often reject it after Cae mail?

Thanks in advance

iF1y
25th Aug 2012, 08:57
On the 1st August I got the email saying thanks for your c.v, it has been sent to Ryanair, we will be in touch shortly if you have progressed.
On the 2nd August. Email from Cae, we would like to discuss your application in more detail tomorrow, please be available by telephone
3rd August - phonecall from cae confirming details in my above post. Ryanair would like to invite u for assessment in 2 weeks.

So for me everything happened very quickly.
I know someone who got rejected at phonecall stage for having failed one or two exams, so it looks like requirements are strict atm.

Hope this helps. Don't worry about it and concentrate on assessment preparation.
Good luck!

Depone
25th Aug 2012, 09:47
Who is Ryan? The company is called Ryanair.

By the way, the rejection email is typical Ryanair. No explanation for illogical decisions is a hallmark of the airline. Get used to it.

muten
25th Aug 2012, 16:48
usually:

1 fail in the theory it's allowed
1 retake on the cpl/ir/me is also allowed

nayra, sit tight, usually if you have passed the first filter ryanair won't say no, you will get the call from cae, and if they like what you say in the call, the will tell you that you will be invited for an interview right away (you might have to wait for an email with the date though)

good luck

And just to humour those people who don't understand what this thread is for: Join REPA and don't join ryanair, you will only fly 600 hours a year. :ugh: xDDD

iF1y
26th Aug 2012, 14:06
i know this isn't the place to talk about hours so i apologise, but I know someone who is flying 100 hours this month and next month out of malta as FO.

If your saying you'll fly 600 hours if you join ryanair, surely it all depends on what base you've got, and that you'll fly a lot in the summer periods, and not much in the winter. ??

also, at what point do you find out the base?

To make this post relevant to the thread: departure was wallasey 1w from leeds bradford last week in the assessment :ok:

No_Speed_Restriction
26th Aug 2012, 18:42
Anyone on the September 3rd East Midlands type rating course? Any luck with finding accommodation?

illuminat83
26th Aug 2012, 20:26
iF1y thank you for your response but you didn´t understand my question.
The thing is that they didn´t call me and i meet all the criteria like any atpl or ir/me retake under 30 years... i don´t know but i think they choose applicants randomly

Tomrider
27th Aug 2012, 09:47
Hi everyone

Will it be possible de to get some intel for the one who have been called for an interview please?

Training school? MCC?
Date of application?
Website of application?
Date of the call?
CV?

As lots of people I have applied 4 months ago without any news...

Thanks

PIOSEE
30th Aug 2012, 23:03
Hi guys, any update re Ryanairs' future recruitment plan as the expantion draws to a close?! I noticed today that I couldn't access my CAE profile via the link on the Ryanair web page. "this page has moved" when link is pressed . Is this a sign of a considerable change?!!! :sad:

plikee
30th Aug 2012, 23:07
The program is still on CAE website . I don't thinks there is any change .. Maybe just a broken link from FR website

prg737
2nd Sep 2012, 22:14
Anybody preparing for the interview / sim: reading through this topic is a must! Nothing was asked from me beyond these. Beyond the technical questions, look into their eyes, be prefessional with humility. The interviewers were nice to everybody. But never forget: not you are God's grreatest gift to aviation and they know that very well. They need an employee executing the SOPs.

jonjon
3rd Sep 2012, 08:25
What Built4Speed said is 100% accurate,

Training is still running at full speed as it is a profit centre, FOs hours are reducing significantly...quick command is no longer a reality and will only get worse.

The last airplane deliveries are taking place in December and Ryanair are still selling older ones: close to zero expansion

I would urge anyone to reconsider your options, I joined them a few years back, upgraded but the FOs am talking to are facing a much tougher time than mine.

It used to be that you paid an overpriced TR but then were assured to fly a lot, it is no longer the case.

Good luck but you have been warned...

Goahead415
4th Sep 2012, 16:24
Any attending Intro EMA 1 of October and Type rating at EMA 15'th of October.?
Maybe we could arrange some accommodation?

rolothedodo
5th Sep 2012, 12:39
Not to change the topic but, I had to resit 7 theory atpl exams, should I even bother applying or am I wasting my time? I heard well it's been discussed that only 1 atpl resit is the exception. So are there any ppl who have had more exams resat and gotten through?

flying apple
5th Sep 2012, 16:46
if you don't apply your chances are 0,0%
if you apply you still have a chance

prg737
7th Sep 2012, 08:53
Application is free! I was told not to apply as I was over 30 and succeeded.
:ok:

CirrusCZ
7th Sep 2012, 10:09
iF1y (http://www.pprune.org/members/382366-if1y) have you been thru an assesment already? What is the most probable interim between the phone call, succesfull confirmation for the assesment and the date of assesment? Thank you very much.

I'm waiting for the phone call interview today...

Merovingio
7th Sep 2012, 13:55
Screwit your help is much appreciated. Thank you. Now, please close the door from outside. Thank you again.

flyingjumbo
7th Sep 2012, 14:00
he's reported don't worry, a shame that such guys are here on the forum. Please run away as far as you can Mr(s). Screwit because I'm sure you are not a pilot or anything close to... Pilots have respect for each other even in what miserable situation they are in... So please...

plikee
7th Sep 2012, 15:21
Not to change the topic but, I had to resit 7 theory atpl exams, should I even bother applying or am I wasting my time? I heard well it's been discussed that only 1 atpl resit is the exception. So are there any ppl who have had more exams resat and gotten through?

No one is going to offer you a job if you don't try. No one is going to give you a job if you don't contact the airline/company

ah ahah 100000 euro spent in jaa training to finish with a just an interview at rynair....

only fool pilots do that. I bet the profile of the idiot is 19 to 23yo, single and who can not get a girlfriend because they have to many pimples on their face....

screwit, don't bring here what happened to you :ok:

Spanish123
7th Sep 2012, 16:33
How long time does it take if you get a NO or if you get a YES after the assessment?

eduelp
7th Sep 2012, 22:07
Just the usual reminder about the spiraling working conditions. Flying 700h this year and the expansion is not even over yet, expecting way less in the future. The roster pattern and base policy are also expected to get worse. For those of you that didn't do your homework note that there is no base salary and everything depends on flown hours.

Now feel free to flame me... You will be writing exactly the same lines in one or two years... except for the 700, that will be more like a 500.

At risk of being severely flamed I will say that, if I were in your situation, I would ask the bank for 20k more and head out to EJ/CF/etc. The future (incl. command) seems brighter there.

BongleBear
10th Sep 2012, 07:54
Just been reading through this thread as I'm a bit bored on a layover. I was at Ryanair for over 6 years after joining as a cadet and can say with complete honesty - if I was to start over again I wouldn't change a thing.

The only reason I left was because my original plan was 4 years then leave to try my hand at longhaul & widebody, the fact I chose to stay longer than 4 should speak volumes.

It really annoys me that no one ever defends the airline on here, but we all know pprune is only used to gather information and slag other people/airlines off.

I agree that the conditions need to be addressed and the contracts can be more transparent, especially with base change requests. However, what people fail to point out is how incredibly beneficial it is to get a job straight onto a jet. Ok, you have to pay for the type rating, but you're advancing your career by YEARS, avoiding years of flight instructing, turboprops etc etc

I never really liked decisions made by management, I'll keep my opinions of individuals I've met from that part of the airline to myself! However, the vast majority of the pilots and cabin crew you will work with on a daily basis are great, I miss the laughs we used to have on those working days. It's a laid back work environment that is very enjoyable.

If it drops to 600 hours a year, then so be it. You have to look at it from a financial viewpoint and decide whether you can take that pay.

Everyone I know who is at Ryanair now or who can thank the airline for their career development will agree with me I'm sure - you are making a good decision and you will not regret it in the long term. It's also worth adding that from a training point of view Ryanair has huge respect from other airlines around the world, the large companies in the middle east have great results when recruiting Ryanair pilots.

To those who have interviews or start dates, good luck and enjoy! The type rating is an incredibly stressful and demanding time, but also enjoyable.

And to the person who slated the sandwich machine at east midlands training centre, how dare you! Those egg sarnies are maximum 4 days out of date, it's good to keep your digestion on its toes.

If you're not sure you're making the right decision then feel free to PM me, I can't provide you with anything more than my own experiences so please don't expect any heads up on the application or interview process.

All the best and continue to ignore the idiots.

flying apple
10th Sep 2012, 08:28
indeed
I've been there less then a year now and it isn't as bad as everyone thinks
i'm not saying it could be better but i'm nog complaining cause I'm flying the 737 half a year after i graduated flight training.

The sandwiches only 4 days out of date? i was thinking it was worst :E

Tomrider
11th Sep 2012, 10:45
Hi Fluxvalve

Do you have an idea why you have been called yet?
I am waiting since april as you and still nothing

Some friends of mine for more than one year...

Can you detail me a little bit your profile please?

Thanks

Flux valve
11th Sep 2012, 15:40
And to the person who slated the sandwich machine at east midlands training centre, how dare you! Those egg sarnies are maximum 4 days out of date, it's good to keep your digestion on its toes.

Oh! I meant the snack machines at Stansted was dissapointing. Sounds like the EMA ones are something to look forward to for sure!

Lidd
13th Sep 2012, 19:13
CAE state you must have at least 1 hour logged within the last 6 months before sending your cv. Can anyone advise whether this should be multi or would an hour in a single suffice?

plikee
13th Sep 2012, 19:15
1 hour . Just as you read

maverikk
14th Sep 2012, 13:11
HI guys
i just got the mail from cae but as i'm already type rated on the B737 NG. i think nothing will happen but anyway is there anyone who know if there is any chance they will let you go to the interview?
thanks for the answer.

Salbar
14th Sep 2012, 16:37
I was able to send my CV with a minimum amount of time before my 1 hour the last 6 months was to expire, and they said on the phone that as long as you have logged 1 hour before the assesment it's all good.
Anyone else attending the 25. september?

Mr 737
14th Sep 2012, 20:02
@Lidd - I only had one hour as requested and that was on a single, it was not even P1 - I did it with a revalidation flight with an instructor. So it does not matter, as long as you had some time in your log book (not sure if Dual would count though)

vini123456789
14th Sep 2012, 22:14
there was no option to add cv?????

confused ????? pls help

Salbar
14th Sep 2012, 23:52
1 hour the last 6 months as the write. Doesn't matter if it's on a C172 or B747. So get your hours checked.

CAE will write you if they want your to send your CV. When you do, they'll write if you will be expecting a call or not.

Catacroker
15th Sep 2012, 15:25
Anyone having the assessment the 27th?

sweetdeer
16th Sep 2012, 16:50
Does someone had any news form 5th september assessment in Stansted?

gurmsehmi
17th Sep 2012, 13:42
Anyone else been invited to this? what sort of HR and technical questions are asked ?

Spiritus sancti
18th Sep 2012, 09:37
Hi guys and gals

Recently i was contacted back by CAE for the Ryanair interview, got to the point of having a phone call with someone from CAE to confirm details. Then.. i get and email saying "unable to proceed". Ok so they dont give feedback, i assume its because i failed 3 of my written exams (passed 2nd time though) as everything else was first time passes and recently, but here is the question.
1)How long do i wait to re-apply?
2)How do i re-apply as the CAE website shows "you have applied for this course" etc therefore, will it still keep running or do i have to un-apply and re-apply again?
3)Does anyone here know if ryanair take pilots with any fails on their ATPL writtens?

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks

CirrusCZ
18th Sep 2012, 10:55
Salbar: I also attend on 25 th Sep..

Spanish123
18th Sep 2012, 13:17
Anyone still waiting for their result? Looks like getting an answer, positive or negative, takes time. Anyone?

vini123456789
18th Sep 2012, 15:25
i just want to know how long is the wait period after applying for the first email.

Catacroker
18th Sep 2012, 18:51
2 months for me.
Does anyone know how long does it take from approval after the interview to start the TR more or less? Thank you!

Anunaki
19th Sep 2012, 12:26
5 months for me...assumed I was unsuccessful I guess!

Callsign Kilo
19th Sep 2012, 12:45
Everything depends on training capacity guys. Ryanair aren't exactly short on low time FOs and never will be. Hang tight, they will be keen to get your cash; it just takes time and now that the expansion has ground to a hault, there'll be no rush. However there is still a plan to take 300 odd cadets per year. You'll be sure to hear at some stage.

OutsideCAS
19th Sep 2012, 13:16
Best to read CK's comments there carefully as he has hit the nail on the head - read;

"Ryanair aren't exactly short on low time FOs and never will be"

and

"they will be keen to get your cash"

and coupled with

"there is still a plan to take 300 odd cadets per year"

To me it would seem that the first two comments are at odds with the last (in any normal company) so prepare to be skint if you do join.

Eirjet
19th Sep 2012, 15:30
Ryr are only taking 150 next year.. That's the plan anyway. It may change

CPU
21st Sep 2012, 14:19
Hi Guys

Just had my assessment the other day. The problem Im facing now is that it went too smooth. Really easy questions (could answer them all without any problems) and a very very easy SIM flight (no emergencies, precision App. Etc) it seemed as they were not even trying to challenge us just like a formality they had to do because we paid for it. Anyone Else had the Same experience?

Salbar
24th Sep 2012, 11:42
I'm sorry, but this discussion that RYR would make up jobinterviews to make money is just absurd. If they had no room for pilots and therefore took no-one in, don't you think that would be revealed quite fast? With this number of applications and interviews, a 0% success for everyone would be noticed at once and inquiries would be made. I''m not directing this personally at you CPU, but there has been a lot of negative comments bordering on conspiracy theories, that RYR is making a lot of money off hopeful young pilots.
If you choose to believe this, thats up to you and good luck trying to find out who actually flew the planes into the twin-towers.

aviatorGRZ
24th Sep 2012, 16:54
hey guys,

i have my assessment on 3rd of october but i have a big big trouble in here ..!
I can't do the fee for the assessment(payable via the website from the CAE email) because the website isn't working

If I fill in all my credit card detail (excluding Issue Number) the next site coming a 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.

anyone idea how I can do this ?

for info - standard VISA card from ausria (no issue number - should leave the field blank according cae email)

McBruce
24th Sep 2012, 18:06
This is a company that forces cabin crew on unpaid leave during the winter months, many are thousands of miles away from home with monthly outgoings, while your favourite employer posts record profits. The pattern of this information is - they milk every revenue stream they can, and guess what, that includes pilot recruitment. Reality will hit hard if you believe otherwise.

Join with your eyes wide open and help the current pool of pilots adopt change....

plikee
24th Sep 2012, 18:19
aviatorGRZ e-mail them back again stating that error or give them a call tomorrow . Don't panic :)

Seems they are calling some people recently - application made in April, no news yet :sad:

homerj
24th Sep 2012, 20:30
I know there is a post of a similar title but I wanted to start a thread that is free of bull**** about Ryanair and how crap they are to work for etc.So I would like to keep this thread about the assessment process only, such as interview questions and sim profiles. Thanks Homerj

Tom!
24th Sep 2012, 20:35
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged-169.html
There you go

homerj
24th Sep 2012, 20:46
Try reading my post again there Tom

Marchettiman
24th Sep 2012, 20:59
I have to comment that I can't understand how anyone would want to work for a company like Ryanair. They seem to have no understanding of ethical business practice, so how can any of their past, present or future employees have any pride in working for the organisation? I seem to remember that they once tried to charge disabled passengers for wheelchairs, and as I read it, treat potential employees similarly. I somehow doubt whether customers are valued any more highly. I suppose that if you can't get a job elsewhere you have to try Ryanair, but what does that do for your CV?

PIOSEE
24th Sep 2012, 23:55
GRZ, I'm on the same day as you... I have the same problem re payment. CAE ensured me that ryr will sort this... Can anyone shed some light on what interview questions have come up in recent weeks? Maybe share recent ASSESSMENT experiences? As mine is on the 3rd. My guess will be, the next post consists of yet another, how sh1t ryr is and join The union!!

antonov09
25th Sep 2012, 20:38
I have to comment that I can't understand how anyone would want to work for a company like Ryanair. They seem to have no understanding of ethical business practice, so how can any of their past, present or future employees have any pride in working for the organisation? I seem to remember that they once tried to charge disabled passengers for wheelchairs, and as I read it, treat potential employees similarly. I somehow doubt whether customers are valued any more highly. I suppose that if you can't get a job elsewhere you have to try Ryanair, but what does that do for your CV?

Guys leave Ryanair for, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Jet2, to name but a few. I also have 2 very close friends who were at Ryanair and are now flying for Virgin. I know countless ex colleagues in BA.

I sense your post is dismissing experience that you get at Ryanair. If that is the case then that tells me one thing. You dont know what you are talking about.

nitrol
29th Sep 2012, 12:22
Hi, anyone else have their induction at East Midlands 22nd Oct, and TR in Amsterdam 5th Nov??

Catacroker
29th Sep 2012, 15:39
When did you have your assessment and when did they tell you you passed?

Trent1000
30th Sep 2012, 10:56
Hello Friends,
i wonder how many invitations are send out to people not from UK/Ireland. Because its hard to figure out where all you guys are from. I'm from Germany, application send in the beginning of the year, short houred frozen ATPL holder. But i think there are many with those values who have been invited right?! So i guess its just beeing patient again.

Good Luck to all who will be invited!

CirrusCZ
30th Sep 2012, 22:22
I applied during autumn 2011 and I was invited at the end of August - so yes, you must be patient ;) same like me...

USA1pilot
1st Oct 2012, 17:39
How long does it normally take to get called after the email telling you that they received your CV?

Catacroker
1st Oct 2012, 19:29
@USA1pilot
it took them 1 week

BANOL
3rd Oct 2012, 08:42
i've been asked by cae to send my CV and I sent it last friday but I didn't receive anything else. Anyone in the same situation?:*

LS-4
4th Oct 2012, 06:20

I once met a B737 captain somewhere who used to fly as an FO for Ryanair for a few years during the 2000s (before 2007, if I remember correctly). He seemed pleased with the company's operational practices (SOP, training etc). Some time after he had left he did however hear from former colleagues (?) about some T&Cs being challenged.

Anyway, you might want to take this as hearsay formed by my memory and mental filters. :}

Swabber
4th Oct 2012, 09:37
Hello guys, I will finish my course at the end of this year and ofcourse I want to apply for Ryanair but can somebody tell me whats the best way to prepare youreself on the interview? (ATPL questions etc.)

Thanks!

G CEXO
4th Oct 2012, 10:14
Decided to withdraw my application since I have not heard back in such a long time (8 months so far). I have in the mean while passed CTC ATP selection and will be put into their holding pool.

I wish everyone the best of luck in the application and assessment.

G-CEXO out for the last time in this thread.

zerotohero
4th Oct 2012, 11:19
Anyone looking to join just be mindfull that delivers are just about over, F/O's are ten a penny (or 30k in the hand for FR) and anyone training over the winter will find themselfs very short on hours once on line, 3 standbys a week is becoming the norm now for winter and summer will follow suit as the sausage factory turns out more and more cadets

If you want to live in some shoddy Italian base on 5/3 doing lots of standbys and spending all your money paying back loans and living expenses where you don't want to be while desperately trying to swap your standby on day 5 to get home for 2 days to be skirt down the pub saying how great it is to be an airline pilot

Jump in :ugh:

LS-4
4th Oct 2012, 11:58
Anyone looking to join just be mindfull that delivers are just about over, F/O's are ten a penny (or 30k in the hand for FR) and anyone training over the winter will find themselfs very short on hours once on line, 3 standbys a week is becoming the norm now for winter and summer will follow suit as the sausage factory turns out more and more cadets

If you want to live in some shoddy Italian base on 5/3 doing lots of standbys and spending all your money paying back loans and living expenses where you don't want to be while desperately trying to swap your standby on day 5 to get home for 2 days to be skirt down the pub saying how great it is to be an airline pilot

I think many would agree that this isn't much of a future in the long-term, but even the conditions you describe can be better than unemployment or working odd jobs with relatively low salary and flying some VFR in a SEP now and then, all while some of your other skills might be deteriorating. At least for a period.

https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/RyanAir.aspx

Successful candidates may be offered an opportunity to fly for a contract pilot agency that supplies a pool of pilots that operate on Ryanair aircraft.

Successful selection and training won't necessarily lead to a job, then?

SD.
4th Oct 2012, 15:45
Working odd jobs or unemployment will not cost you €30k.

Anyone in the UK will know of a program called Dragons Den.......

I walk up to the den and put my sales pitch in.

I want €30k investment and in return

-I'll have no guarantee of monthly pay
-all expenses on top of the €30k need to found,
-no sick pay,
-no loss of license insurance

Peter Jones would laugh in your face :D

No_Speed_Restriction
5th Oct 2012, 06:22
And for that reason......are you out?

miltos6786
5th Oct 2012, 13:56
Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone got a respond (positive or negative) from ryanairs' interview of last week 27th of sep.

Thank you.

Catacroker
5th Oct 2012, 20:12
No answer yet (6 workdays)

conk757
9th Oct 2012, 09:53
Just doing my application now, what did people put in additional information? If anything?

Was going to write about work experience etc etc.

Cheers

Catacroker
9th Oct 2012, 11:26
@conk757
That's a perfectly normal thing to write there, I wrote something like that.
and I've been succesful, I received the phone call today!

Starting the 26th of november, I don't know where yet

USA1pilot
9th Oct 2012, 11:34
@Catacroker:

Do you have tips for the assesment? What questions did they asked recently espacially on theory?

Catacroker
9th Oct 2012, 12:27
@USA1pilot
book some fixed base 737 sim hours,they'll definetely help.
focus on CRM, be a good teamworker, exaggerate if you have to.

they gave me a high altitude WX and asked me about the things that appeared there, what is a load sheet and why does the captain fill it, segments after t/o: why and what's the obstacle clearance altitude (1500' AGL), he pointed to a plug on the wall and asked me about what type of current do we have there and why don't we have DC in the houses, do we have AC in the airplane?

those I can remember being asked.

good luck!

salvbul
9th Oct 2012, 12:44
has anyone got a respond (positive or negative) from ryanairs' interview of last week 26th of sep. I'm still waiting... it's so strange that i've not got an outcome yet... Can anyone help me?

9th Oct 2012, 12:54
Hey Catacroker,

Please contact me regarding the assessment day 27th of september. I attended the same assessment and got the phonecall this morning too, success.

Contact me through PM

BANOL
15th Oct 2012, 09:40
Anyone else has been invited?

jimmyjetplane
17th Oct 2012, 17:58
Hi Guys,

Could someone please clarify the application process if hey know it please.I applied to CAE.What I should like to know is who decides who is called to the assessment?Is it CAE or are the applications sent to Ryanair for approval first and then do CAE contact suitable candidates that fit the profile to tell them they've been selected?

Thanks and good luck to anyone waiting on applications.

Johnny Tightlips
18th Oct 2012, 08:01
But if you know someone at RYR (preferably a captain) they can 'speed up' the process for you with a simple phone call.

That's pure bull! All that stopped about 2 years back. Unless you know the chief pilot or someone else near the top, just follow the procedure.

Why anyone would want to join Ryanair anyway is beyond me. All you guys straight out of training think that all the negative stuff about Ryanair is made up - it's not! Believe me I know after 3 long years:ugh:

ufon
18th Oct 2012, 11:01
Hi Guys, how long it take to receive confirmation that they received your CV?

sky85
18th Oct 2012, 13:52
Does anybody knows if somne more people have been successful in the 26 or 27 th September assessment.
After 3 weeks, no reply yet , no mail, no phone call . is it normal ?