PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Italo83
7th Oct 2007, 08:51
Hi guys, I've just done the interview in EMA (coming from CAE, so no sim checkride). They asked me:
- why 737 mounts swept wings
- why 737 mounts winglets
- than they asked me to decode a significant weather chart
8 minutes in total.
Good luck everybody!

Blinkz
7th Oct 2007, 10:14
I've just done the interview and sim check too. It was all as expected really.
I went first in the sim, which was really the right choice! No waiting about or anything. It was out of Liverpool, get the departure clearance, setup the aids and then brief it. We had the Liverpool PoleHill 4T SID, very simple SID and nice to fly. FD was used until clean and we were then given an acceleration, climb, descent, another acceleration, some turns etc. However no steep turns or clmibs/descents at set rates. I guess it all depends who you get on the day. We then had an emergency. I had a toilet fire and my PNF had a guy with a heart attack. Both occasions we decided to return to Liverpool. Declared Mayday and were given direct to the beacon. Sim was paused to give us time to setup and brief the approach. This was to be a NDB/DME rw27. We didn't enter the hold but where told to go directly outbound as soon as reaching the beacon. This made it a little tricky as we didn't properly establish on the outbound track of 061 and also had to configure and descend. Things were a little rushed but nothing really bad. Also had to adjust the turn to intercept the final approach track. GD, F15 etc 2miles to go to the FAF and then went down with the profile. PNF calling out the heights etc I was a little high at one point but corrected. became visual pretty early, at least 1000' AAL I think, then just flew to land. Landing was very heavy, just not used to flaring the jet but the examiner didn't mind. It was on the centreline. in the zone and at the right speed which is the main thing.
As for the interview it was very brief, only about 20mins. A quick tell us about yourself, who else have u applied for, who would u work for if they offered u the job etc. Tech questions a little different, asked me about the jet engine, Vmcg and Vmca, also about the departure segments. Also what I would do if I had just departed the airfield and had gotten lost...also asked about why aircraft fly high. Generally a very simple interview, only think I didn't know was the bloody departure segments!!! I was totally honest tho, I just said sorry I don't know, I 'think' its this. The guy helped me thro it to the right answer.

I got a phonecall the next day saying I had passed and offered me a number of start dates....

Hope this is helpful to people. And before anyone says anything yes I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm not expecting ryanair to be a walk in the part. Yes it is expensive to join. But they also have a lot to offer. A lot of hours on a great aircraft type. Thats pretty important at the beginning of your career, especially when your getting more and more un-current due to being unemployed....

tinmouse
7th Oct 2007, 13:45
Did you practice in a sim before the interview?

Thanks

Blinkz
7th Oct 2007, 14:25
Yes I did, I had a couple of hours in the OAT 737-400. The NG flies similaur to it, plus ryan have the PFD/ND setup in EFIS/MAP mode which is similair to the -400s displays

CaptainJim
9th Oct 2007, 01:56
I got an FR interview and sim in two weeks. I applied through CAE a few weeks ago.

What SIDS can I expect?

i only got the stars and approaches in the briefing pack.

Willing to sell soul
9th Oct 2007, 13:03
Pole Hill SID out of LPL Rwy 27.

I practised in an NG sim configured in EFIS Map mode as per the brief...on the day, the Ryanair sim was in PFD/ND mode!!!! :ugh: Just be prepared for either case.

Best of luck!
WTSS

:ok:

flyingcamel
11th Oct 2007, 11:38
Anybody know if there's much chance of being based at Luton as a new joiner?

MrHorgy
11th Oct 2007, 11:39
flyingcamel,

It will all come down to where they need bods. I imagine you'll have much more luck at STN as they have circa 40 aircraft there, but only 4 at LTN (according to my handout I got at the open day)

Horgy

nosher
13th Oct 2007, 15:24
Does anyone have any idea as to the amount of Ryanair cadets that get through the selection process each week? Ive heard that Ryanair do 3 days of sim interviews and sim
sessions per week with at least 4 people per day.With only 2 Type Rating schools , Im guessing there running all year. Do Ryanair really have jobs for all the people that get through?

Blinkz
13th Oct 2007, 15:45
Supposedly they need 400 pilots next year...

CamelhAir
13th Oct 2007, 23:48
Supposedly they need 400 pilots next year...

Yeah, and they don't have many CV's. So don't pay for your rating. The biggest myth and bluff in aviation is that ryr have enough pilots.
Only the dregs come here now, hence the command failure rate is north of 50%.

Turkish777
14th Oct 2007, 11:47
I did a 737NG TR at SAS Sweden this Summer (Not via FR) and whilst I was there an instructor said to me that FR have about 100 candidates go though there in a year..not sure how true that is, just a figure I was told...

boogie-nicey
15th Oct 2007, 12:33
If you take a moment to look at the shareholder presentation that Ryanair gave a few weeks ago you'll see that they have enough 'cadet' pilots. They might well need pilots further up the food chain such as trainers, captains, senior FOs but alas I doubt that the flood gates are about to open for the wannabe brigade. The open days are no doubt deemed more cost effective than the online CV application procedure.

Also don't take your eyes of the ball, the Type Rating course is expensive and though a route I'm aiming for the price still makes my eyes water :(
Just don't wander into anything without thinking it through properly with mind rather than heart.

MrHorgy
15th Oct 2007, 15:58
nosher,

That assumes every single person gets the job. Contrary to what everyone will have you believe on here, just because you have money does NOT guarantee you the job, so although they might seem like they are inteviewing a lot of people, i'm sure the figures will all balance eventually.

Horgy

zoulou
22nd Oct 2007, 07:35
Hi guys,

I am going this week to EMA for the FR interview. I did my MCC at CAE Brussels and passed the Ryanair assessment. So i've just the interview.

Anyboydy else coming up this week or been up recently?

I've read all your messages ans thx for your feedback.

Cheers

ClintonBaptiste
22nd Oct 2007, 08:53
I'm due for the interview and sim on the 31st October at EMA, but I've had a few problems with my license, so I may be changing my date. Despite what peple say about them, they have been very helpful in my case.

On the subject of bases, I speak pretty fluent French. Do you think they may want to base me in Marseille or do they already have a lot of French pilots on their books?

Also, I am unable to get any sim time before the assessment, is that going to be a HUGE disadvantage? (obviously I know it's going to be a disadvantage, but how much?)

Any info would be appreciated. Cheers and good luck to everyone on the course.

cessna310
22nd Oct 2007, 17:25
Hi,
Who has been invited second time from FR after failing fist time assesment? Does it take how long?

Regards,
cessna310

CamelhAir
22nd Oct 2007, 18:22
If you take a moment to look at the shareholder presentation that Ryanair gave a few weeks ago you'll see that they have enough 'cadet' pilots.

If I took a moment to believe everything ryr claim, I would be of the sound belief that I play golf everyday, own several yachts, holiday fortnightly in the Seychelles and worship MOL as the one true God.
Ryanair lie to shareholders if it's expedient, the same way they lie to everyone else. It is not expedient to admit to a pilot shortage, therefore they won't.
With knowledge comes power. To give wannabes knowledge of the shortage gives them "buying" power. To withhold it, ryanair maintains the power. So they will lie.
It is up to anyone interested in ryanair to make independent assessments of the situation as the official line will always favour the company.
Management in ryr have no ethics, scruples, honesty or morals. The earlier you learn this, and filter what the company say through this knowledge, the better you will be equipped to survive ryanair.

PB4
23rd Oct 2007, 09:18
hi guys,

I don't recall seing anyone commenting on the previous type specific questions ? i.e. what do they ask about your previous acft type ? I would expect questions like Vmca, MTOW, hydraulic vs electric systems, anyone can shed light ?

thks

Silent-But-Deadly
23rd Oct 2007, 12:42
I went on Friday and all they asked about previous type was whether it had contra-rotating props, and if so why. They then asked why didn't all prop aircraft have contra-rotating props.

bultaco
23rd Oct 2007, 14:52
Hi guys,

I have a question about the Ryanair Sim check.....

For the departure, do you select the SID from the FMS yourself and then follow the Flight Director in LNAV mode ? or fly in VOR mode with the FD on ?

Why is a quick scan necessary if you are simply following the FD ?

I have not done the MCC yet so sorry if its a silly question :)

PB4
23rd Oct 2007, 15:07
yeah I bet you select LNAV, VNAV, hit TOGA then ask the instructor (who simulates cabin crew remember) for a coffee ;) that'll put a smile on his face :}

Kempus
23rd Oct 2007, 15:21
Its all raw data flying regardless of what the brief says. You've got an hsi/rmi type display. You set the radials and dme for what you need to do the turns when you need to do them.

If your going for a sim check without any mcc/efis experience I'd do an hour in a sim where you can experience them!

kempus

zoulou
23rd Oct 2007, 18:10
.........Silent-But-Deadly

How much time lasted your interview?

Silent-But-Deadly
23rd Oct 2007, 18:17
We were offered the option of flight directors but I chose to fly raw data instead. Hero :bored:

The whole session lasted just over an hour. Incidentally the motion base was broke - he asked us if we wanted to wait or go anyway - we went for it. My sim partner said he found it easier, I thought it was trickier without the motion.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend going to OAT and booking some time in the 737-400 sim there. It's very very similar to the -800, and you can fly any or all of the likely SIDs and STARs that you can expect on the day.
Cheaper than Virtualaviation too, by a looooong way.

Captain N
23rd Oct 2007, 20:42
and? did you get the place for TR?

bultaco
25th Oct 2007, 12:04
quick question......if you're doing the departure based on raw data would you use the autothrottle or manage that yourself ?

MrHorgy
25th Oct 2007, 13:24
My brief says "no autopilot, no autothrottle, but WITH flight directors".

I have an interview tomorrow, so might not get a reply in time, but on my MCC I was taught to call for Heading Select/LNAV at 500ft, do people normally still make a similar call? Or for V/S? Gotta give the FD some data to work with!

Horgy

YYZ
25th Oct 2007, 13:26
you manage the throttle yourself, you set as near as what you can and then you ask the PM to set the exact setting.

YYZ

ClintonBaptiste
31st Oct 2007, 11:10
Anyone got the approx speeds for the 737-800?

I've got an assesment on the 8th, anyone fancy sharing some sim tme at oxford on a 737-400?

Silent-But-Deadly
31st Oct 2007, 18:19
Didn't you get the document ia email that contains all the sim data you need?
PM if you need a copy

Cheers

SBD

flyingcamel
31st Oct 2007, 18:54
Hi Clinton, I'm up for sharing some sim time. pm me and we can discuss when etc. My assessment is on the 13th.

Flying Camel/Brian

titix
1st Nov 2007, 17:51
Hi,

I've an assessment on the 14th .

Which training centres are the best?

Thank you for your answers.

zoulou
1st Nov 2007, 18:06
Hi Guys,

I've just received a confirmation that i passed the assessment.

I did my mcc at CAE so i had only the interview in EMA

I'll start the TR on December.

Good luck.

Cheers

P.S: If you have any question do neot hesitate to pv me ;)

Anotherpilot007
3rd Nov 2007, 14:17
Wake up, guys and girls, stop giving FR so much credit.....Keep away from it! All the things mentioned here on PPRUNE are true.... This should make you think twice before even paying to be interviewed...!!!:ugh:

Find a job in another company!:D:D:D

Captain N
3rd Nov 2007, 15:06
Anotherpilot007!
I just finished a modular course that didnt cost the world. i've got 217TT
first time passes and high 90's average in ATPL's. all done in 14months too!!!
I'm just as good as people who paid almost double and went to the big schools.
can you name a few airlines flying jets in the UK that are willing to even look at my cv nevermind interview me,cause i havent found them! All big carriers are in my opinion a little narrowminded, "if ur from OAT, FTE etc come and we pay everything" otherwise go get an instructor rating, after a few thousand hours we MIGHT consider you!
Ryanair is a low cost airline and i would even say VERY low cost airline i'm flying in for the cadet open day paying £15 for a return to EMA from dublin. Bus costs more!!!
I dont blame them for chargin for TR and interviews, you get every tom dick & harry applying wasting sim time and maybe even passing interviews but failing TR courses.

If you dont like them, dont fly with them, and dont work for them, but give us a chance.

p.s. I know at least three people flying for Ryanair and all reccomend it.:ok:

Anotherpilot007
3rd Nov 2007, 17:08
They charge for interview because they do not want you to cost them any money.... they might even make money on you....
If it was to keep every TDH from wasting time in the sim, maybe they would invite people for assessment with more consideration and caution. The way things are at the moment, they can have a wider choice of people and it does not COST them a penny..... On top of that, only money can buy you a way into a job, not merit.....If you do not have the dosh, but you are good, NO JOB!
They do not really care if you make it on the TR course or the Line Training..... I know guys who struggled big time on the TR course or who even failed line training or base check..... They did not cost the company a single penny. Come on, think!
This is what you need to remember! They do not value staff! You are just a commodity.... if you are willing to accept that, fair enough..... maybe once you are in, you will change your mind.....

Have a browse through PPRUNE, and open your eyes. Having a jet job is not the ultimate goal in life, above all with such a company. Is it?

Anotherpilot007
3rd Nov 2007, 17:13
I replied to your post Captain N, I used the "reply" feature, but it needs moderator's approval, do not know why....

Captain N
4th Nov 2007, 18:03
Anotherpilot007, I appreciate what you say and undrestand where you come from.
I dont want Ryanair to care about me, I want a job thats gonna give me the time in my logbook which in 2-3years time will get me the job at thompson or jet2 or the likes. If its with crappy conditions, low pay, and the possiblity of bein chopped if ur not good enough I'm willing to take the chance, as I dont think its even fair on new beginners for me to become an instructor. its just not for me!
Also I'm not arrogant but I know i'm not stupid, neither did I struggle through my training so I'm pretty confident if I work hard TR and line training are not gonna be impossible for me.
I think of it this way:
1- I will work hard and pass TR
2- I will pass base check and Line training again workin my back side off to make sure I do (and if I dont then thats a big big loss but personally i'm willing to take the chance)
3- i'm lucky enough to be able to survive on the pay (no commintments etc)
4- When I got 1000hr on type, then I will think "Am I happy here? is the pay good?" if the answer is no I will look elsewhere and at least then no one will use the "you got no experience" excuse.

Gnirren
5th Nov 2007, 02:39
In 2-3 years time the conditions in Ryanair will be well on the way to being adopted by Thomson, Jet2... you name it. With that attitude of yours it's a good thing you don't want a company that cares about you because it's precisely what you're going to get. Personally I hope you get the royal shafting á la FR that leaves you sitting akwardly for the next two years.

The really interesting question is how will you feel when the fantastic company you eventually join start slashing salaries to make room for the next batch of freshly squeezed cadets aching to do your job for less money than you. By then you might have a 'life' ie those commitments you consider yourself lucky not to have and you might not be so keen to up and leave once again. The sad thing is you're making other people's beds for them too, not just your own. That's the only reason I'm posting this.

Good luck :D

Superpilot
5th Nov 2007, 07:02
Captain N,

Gnirren is absolutely correct. You're reasons for joining FR are of course in line with what most FR wannabes on here think but they show clear immaturity and a lack of understanding about how business and the world in general operates. Young eager wannabes regard FR as a "stepping stone" but fail to see that before you know it starting terms at every airline will be piss-poor as the airlines would've clocked on to the fact that FR's salary model results in mega profits!

Why not join FR and stay/fight to make it a better place?

-8AS
5th Nov 2007, 08:38
Captain N, it's just not that simple!

Silent-But-Deadly
5th Nov 2007, 13:11
How many more people are going to jump all over Captain N I wonder?
Maybe someone could actually offer some constructive advise on what other career choices he might have, especially when he has gone to the trouble to outline his position so carefully?

*Maybe* Ryanair aren't that great to work for, but you cannot start attacking someone who has just been offered a place with them, when it is very clear that there are simply no other options out there for people in Captain N's position.

Perhaps all these complacent types that have their cushy jobs should start to do the fighting from where they are, rather than waste time slagging off all the low hours guys.
Everyone has been in the same position at one time, so cut the guy some slack.

YYZ
5th Nov 2007, 16:14
I know Captain N, and I work for Ryanair, I think based on what is available to him with his experience he's doing the right thing.

People seem to think that it is the cadets that are making the change in this industry, however, who are the people who have the power to make any changes for the better? The cadets or the people who are in a position to make a choice.. That answer seems obvious to me?

YYZ

JetSetJ
5th Nov 2007, 17:12
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the most common pit falls are from low houred Ryanair applicants at the interview and/or simulator assessment?

Many Thanks,

JJ:ok:

zoulou
7th Nov 2007, 09:21
Anyone starting the TR on December?

The 3rd of the 31th?

Could you please send me a pm plz;)

Regards

Z.

CamelhAir
7th Nov 2007, 11:48
Silent but deadly, YZZ, perhaps Captain N (strange username with 217hrs) did outline his position, but it's perfectly understandable why he was still attacked. Quite simply because his assumptions are plain wrong.
It's the usual one about "moving somewhere better". For every passenger he carries while at ryr is one less than a good carrier might have carried. He's cutting his own throat. By the time he gets his hours, the conditions elsewhere will have fallen that bit more. So short-sighted, so foolish.
BTW, cpatain N, you mention jet2 as a career option. Jet2 has already become ryr mk 2, which just demonstrates the fallacy of your plan.

Silent-But-Deadly
7th Nov 2007, 12:13
Yes, but that still doesn't offer Captain N an alternative, unless you suggest he moves career to offering fries with that?

CamelhAir
7th Nov 2007, 12:25
I find it truly worrying that potential pilots think that only alternative to flying is a McJob. Are the calibre of candidates that low?? Surely if want to take on the incredible responsibility of flying a jet, you have the ability to undertake something slightly more challenging than mcdonalds??
I've said it before many a time, ryr aeroplanes will fly one way or another. If people refuse to buy a job, they will be provided with a TR. Remember Boeing provide TR's free with all new aircraft, so a refusal to pay will not ground the aircraft.
And yes, we all know those already in the airline must play their part. We are trying, let me assure you. The problem is that the type of person who is willing to buy a job is not the brightest, so once in ryr they often fail to appreciate the need for a union, and having bent over once, are all to willing to do so again. Unfortunately there are enough of these types to make progress more difficult than it needs to be.

YYZ
7th Nov 2007, 15:15
I paid for my TR; however, I’ve been a member of BALPA for several years prior?
I can see your point without any problem, but the issue still stands that there are not many other choices for a low houred guy, and the fact still remains the Captain N and the others did not cause this situation, they/we may fuel it, but now the industry is like what it is what choice is there? And I agree, Jet2 is no step up (sorry Jet2 guys).

And as for his pseudonym, it is just that, or do you really think im an airport:p

YYZ

michvan
7th Nov 2007, 22:07
Hi everybody, as many of you I am trying to prepare for the sim check. It seems that they often give you the toilet fire or passenger heart attack, what do they expect you to do? I mean just declare an emergency, come back to land, say what would you do in a real airplane...?
Thanks
good luck

ps. is it true that they're not doing interviews in Dublin anymore? (I did my mcc there so the sim check would be much easier!)

-8AS
8th Nov 2007, 09:07
Michvan, all sim checks at EMA. On your other points - any fire in the cabin, get on the ground quick. Sick passenger (heart attack), land.

wheresryan2
8th Nov 2007, 09:38
Hi, I spent all last night reading through the post's on this thread, and was left a little disheartend and confused. After spending like alot of you £40,000 on the modular route coming out the end of it with 260TT and not a sniff off a job.

I have been debating the whole RyanAir situation with numerous negative post by camel and a few others, surley this isnt the view of all the longer serving staff, and can it really be that bad, ok you work hard, but you are aware of the pay structure before you start. So you may have to do some admin....... Whats the alternative to not applying? Working a dead end job constant worry of how your going to make the next loan installment, becoming uncurrent, so on, and so on.

You can always go down the flight instructor route and I know this make you a better pilot more employable and knowledgable, but maybe six, twelve months later (constantly stuggle for money, and your not getting any younger) you get that job offer, a low and behold you have to pay for the type rating anyway, so you have forked out 6/7000 for the rFIC, and now you have to pay the £20,000 anyway! Total forked out nearly £30,000 extra, and you no further forward than the next guy sat next to you in the interview room fresh from the OAT Intergrated course with 150hrs under his belt!:ugh:

So Whizzer and likes of the rest of you 'Here Here' in goes my application, with no high expectaions of the "Glamourus" job it used to be the market has changed, suck it up get your experince if you not happy, theres plenty more fish in the sea.:D

Captain N
8th Nov 2007, 09:49
well done mate.:D
nevermind those EMPLOYED pilots trying to put us down for just following our dream.

wheresryan2
8th Nov 2007, 10:12
Here Here Captin N:D

michvan
8th Nov 2007, 12:24
all sim checks at EMA

I did my mcc on the 200 series and was pretty easy, do you think that a couple of hours of practice in the 400 series sim would be enough for the sim check in the 800?
Any other place apart from OAT for the practice? (not very easy to get there from abroad!)

thanks

-8AS
8th Nov 2007, 12:43
Spot on Pressman.

YYZ
8th Nov 2007, 17:22
All sims at EMA now on an 800 sim slightly altered to better represent instruments a low houred pilot would recognise, the SIDS are already mentioned on here, there are several so you will not know till the day what it is, however, if you can understand a jeppy plate you will be fine.

Ryanair are now running cadet open days (yes there is a charge) which are worth going to for the insight you are all after.

And yes, if/once you are in, JOIN a union!!!

YYZ

MarkColeman
8th Nov 2007, 17:53
Hah,

It really makes me laugh the way all these arrogant morons are so short sighted to believe that cadets are responsible for a decline in T & C's.

Cadets really have very little choice in the matter, as has been said before many times (though im sure those who want to ignore it will anyway), if you have the money to self fund a type rating after training, it is simply a better option for most people than becoming an instructor and having no guarantee of a funded type rating anyway.

Cadets are not the problem, the modern low cost aviation model IS the problem. The only people with any power to make a differance (though not much power at all really lets face it) are the existing experienced pilots. And where were these guys when self funded type ratings were introduced? Did you go on strike? didnt think it would affect you so no need to worry?

Hypocrites.

flyingcamel
9th Nov 2007, 09:44
But surely pressman, as all new influxes are on the Brookfields contract that negates the possibility of doing anything about their lot? I thought that was the whole point for Ryanair bringing this contract in? Also, it gives them the opportunity to 'nullify' the contract at short notice if you start making waves?

Just wondering what you thought about that, as it doesn't seem quite so easy the way you put it either!

I am in the same position as Captain N and many others, and although I shiver at the thought of helping MOL get any richer it looks like it could be my only immediate 'in'. It's a consideration and I may give it the finger but for now, I am just considering it. :ok:

ClintonBaptiste
9th Nov 2007, 11:33
Just wondered what people got as a 'final report or reference from your Flight Training Organisation' to take with them to the Ryanair Sim/interview?

Any more tips about the interview or sim would be great? Thanks

Know your previous a/c type, stuff on 737, high speed flight/coffin corner/mach/winglets. Why you want to work for them (please don't go on about why we should refuse to pay for a TR. Maybe we should just start a thread entitled 'Ryanair-Gripes' :=)

Don't get me started on tech2 though!

inner
9th Nov 2007, 11:36
After the simcheck, how long do you have to wait for an answer? Do they call you or do they send a e-mail?

thx

PB4
9th Nov 2007, 12:58
got a positive call 48hrs after sim check :ok:

inner
9th Nov 2007, 13:30
ow ok, so if you don't hear after 48h it will be negative!

MrHorgy
9th Nov 2007, 14:21
inner

That's not correct. I waited nearly a week for my call!

Horgy

wheresryan2
9th Nov 2007, 15:25
Hi guys/Girls I have just put my App into CAE for RYR I have just passed all my skills tests, MCC and still waiting for the issue of my licence i just put down all my past dates and ppl ref no. Has anyone else done the same or have I jumped the gun, and I am going to end up pissing them off?

Would really appreciate a sensible response. Thanks!

inner
9th Nov 2007, 17:27
If you have succeeded the assesment, where do you have to do the typerating?

grtz

MrHorgy
9th Nov 2007, 17:52
wheresryan2,

I submitted an application and had the interview pretty soon after my MCC and before licence issue. I mentioned that to them and they seemed ok with it. Best bet would be to get in touch with Ryanair or go to a Cadet day and ask yourself. For only a tenner i'd thoroughly recommend it!

Horgy

ClintonBaptiste
11th Nov 2007, 15:07
Anyone got an assessment on the 13th? If u fancy meeting up the night before pm me.

Superpilot
11th Nov 2007, 17:47
Guys there is lots of truth to the rumour that RYR are short of candidates. I know of a guy who applied 2.5 months ago. He starts Line Training next week - hows that for a turn around? I also know someone who applied 2 week ago, his interview is booked already! Have a think about this for a moment.

wheresryan2
11th Nov 2007, 18:12
SuperpilotGuys there is lots of truth to the rumour that RYR are short of candidates. I know of a guy who applied 2.5 months ago. He starts Line Training next week - hows that for a turn around? I also know someone who applied 2 week ago, his interview is booked already! Have a think about this for a moment.

Good because I cant wait! lol

PAPI-74
11th Nov 2007, 19:19
Finally getting short of mugs are they?

bluesideupsometimes
11th Nov 2007, 19:53
anyone got an assessment on the 11 dec 2007 at EMA? PM me

inner
12th Nov 2007, 07:38
What's happens if you fail during the typerating? Some extra sessions? Money lost?

Is the base training included in the amount you have to pay to cae or do you have to sign a bond with ryanair for this? And if so, how much is this bond?

thx

YYZ
12th Nov 2007, 15:58
No bond as such, its within your training contract that you complete the line training also, so you cannot just leave as there is then the three months notice requirement.

Also, if you start to perform badly on the TR YOU have to pay for extra sessions, if you do not improve you are gone, No TR and NO refund, if you fail the first base check, FR pays for some extra sim and covers another attempt in the aircraft, if you fail this you are gone, again, no refund and no TR.

Ive not known anyone fail the line training so I cannot comment, but im sure it happens, I found the line training the hardest!

YYZ

wheresryan2
12th Nov 2007, 16:17
No bond as such, its within your training contract that you complete the line training also, so you cannot just leave as there is then the three months notice requirement.

Also, if you start to perform badly on the TR YOU have to pay for extra sessions, if you do not improve you are gone, No TR and NO refund, if you fail the first base check, FR pays for some extra sim and covers another attempt in the aircraft, if you fail this you are gone, again, no refund and no TR.

Ive not known anyone fail the line training so I cannot comment, but im sure it happens, I found the line training the hardest!

YYZ Today 08:38

Could you please tell me how much you can expect to be payed during line training as I am trying to figure out the paying back of more borrowing. And also was there any pshycosomatic test for the interview many thanks! wheresryan2

inner
12th Nov 2007, 16:31
you'll get around 620pounds after tax during the line training contract.

So, you mean, if you fail during the base check you don't have to pay FR for the amount 'lost'??

JetSetJ
12th Nov 2007, 19:44
I believe the current cadet salary is approximately £750 after tax. With reference to failing a base check, i think you have to pay a certain amount but am not sure how much this currently is?

Just on the subject of the assessment interview and simcheck, i notice a number of posts that seem to suggest Ryanair are short of candidates? Do a lot of guys/gals fail the interview sim assessment and fail to achieve the high standard required by Ryanair to gain employment with the company?

StallStrip
12th Nov 2007, 20:06
JetSetJ wooo! Just put an App into CAE it will be a struggle to pay back the TR and Training bills on that! Will have to borrow TR money plus 5000 to live!

JetSetJ
12th Nov 2007, 20:45
Stall strip, welcome to pprune!!

Did you feel it necessary to waste your first post on such an unhelpful response!?!?!?!

MrHorgy
12th Nov 2007, 22:22
JetSetJ,

Regarding Ryanair's need to applicants, I would suggest that they are doing ok - I can't comment on people getting rejected but i'd take with a pinch of salt anything you get on here regarding figures. With RYR your either a lover or a hater. There was a fair crop of people on the open day, and casual ear to the ground indicates to me that a fair few bods from OATS and Cabair are going there as well.

The current terms in the contract regarding base checks are thus:

If for whatever reason you fail to fulfil the terms and obligations of this Training Contract (for clarity this means you must be available for training for the full six months) you will liable to repay the Base Training costs of Euro5,072 (Euro845 per circuit) as well as any line training costs incurred as specified in Clause 2 above.

Basically if you screw up they can cut you (which frankly, any airline would be able to do) - it doesn't mention any retraining costs. Again, ear to the ground tells me that RYR will stump up a bit for base check training but it's not a blank chequebook.

Horgy

JetSetJ
13th Nov 2007, 08:28
Thanks for your post MrHorgy,

I am one of those people who is a RYR lover!! I really do wanna fly for them, the difficult task is getting through an interview/sim check.

You mention Cabair and OAT in your post, i presume RYR as do most airlines, prefer the OAT Integrated guys/gals?

JJ

inner
13th Nov 2007, 08:47
The interview and sim check is not that hard.

Ryr doesn't care about integrated or modular. All they care about is if you have a licence.

good luck

MrHorgy
13th Nov 2007, 10:56
inner is correct.

Ryanair (very sensibly in my opinion) are worried about if you have a licence or not, and not how far over the table you bent over to get it. The only reason I mentioned Cabair and OATS was because I was a little surprised they were taking positions at RYR, I thought they were all established on the BA/Flybe gravytrain.

Horgy

michvan
14th Nov 2007, 11:05
...finally I got a date for the interview...
On the email they ask you to bring two written references, one personal reference, one employee/academic reference and a final report or reference from your Flight Training Organisation. It is my first job inteview so... what do they mean by reference? Do I need to ask the flight school to write something about me or just give them the address and contact number? What about the personal one?
Any advice would be very helpful
Thank you

CamelhAir
14th Nov 2007, 12:43
fail to achieve the high standard required by Ryanair to gain employment with the company?

Amazing how talk to high ryr standards is confined to those who have yet to sit in the RHS, let alone the LHS. Those actually in the LHS, who may, believe it or not, be more qualified to comment, would agree that standards are falling. I am sure some of those in the RHS also say the same about some of our latest captains.

I am one of those people who is a RYR lover!! I really do wanna fly for them,

Despite all that is known about ryr, we still have muppets spouting such dross. Are you so naive or do you really want to be a €40k skipper? Forget about moving on too, the market is tightening and if you are coming here now, one has to wonder why you are here and not elsewhere.

Ryanair (very sensibly in my opinion) are worried about if you have a licence or not, and not how far over the table you bent over to get it. T

First part correct, second is not. Ryr love people who have bent over , it demonstrates that you are that type and will probably do it again. This identifies you as unlikely to develop a spine, thus becoming the pliant sheep ryr want who will not complain as there pay drops by a large % every year.

YOU WILL NOT EARN THE MONEY RYR PROMISE, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE EARNING LESS AT EACH STAGE OF YOUR RYR CAREER THAN THE EQUIVALENT IS NOW.
Can't you get this into your thick skulls? If you start now, you will never reach the promised figures and you will be on max €40k as a skipper.
You will not be able to afford your loan repayments, a mortgage or have a life.
And if you do manage to leave you will find the other companies are not much better as they've been forced to dumb down to compete.
ARE YOU THAT STUPID????
This is a JOB, not a f**kin hobby.

inner
14th Nov 2007, 12:48
Michvan,

Even if you don't have the reference with you, RYR doesn't care. I asked my fto for a reference and i did not get it on time.

What you can do is ask someone of your work to write something about yourself. (What person you are, how hard you like to work for ryanair etc).

Good luck for the interview and simcheck

inner

inner
14th Nov 2007, 12:55
Before i forget to mention:

If you have a contract, read it very carefully!!!! (BRK contract but also CAE contract!!!). Once you've signed the contract there is no way back.

Although i suceeded the assessment i'm still in a deep doubt. I've heard as well that many BRK fielders have more and more standby's, which worries me a lot. I hope for these people it is just temporarily.

chrs

MrHorgy
14th Nov 2007, 12:56
Camel,

If you hate RYR so much, why don't you just leave? Everywhere else would seem to be better than Mr O'Leary's empire, i'm sure someone will pay you to fly a seneca if you really want!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and make their own judgements on whether RYR is for them or not. As i've said in another thread it's down to personal circumstance and preference. Resorting to calling people "dross spouting muppets" does not further your cause, and shows that you have a PERSONAL vendetta against RYR. What's wrong, were you passed over for promotion?

Horgy

MrHorgy
14th Nov 2007, 12:58
Inner,

There is bound to be a very slight easing in hours over winter - it's the way the industry works. Assuming you recently passed you won't be on line until April so by that point hopefully it will have picked up.

Horgy

MrHorgy
14th Nov 2007, 14:30
pressman,

I apologise, I base my assumption on working for two former carriers - if it's different at Ryanair then so be it.

Horgy

JetSetJ
14th Nov 2007, 15:04
CamelhAir,

Firstly how dare you call me a muppet when you have never met me!! The reason there are 'muppets spouting such dross' is because the majority of what i read on here is taken with a pinch of salt, I have many friends who work for Ryanair who are more than happy working for the company!

I am ever so sorry that you really seem to dislike working for Ryanair and really don't think i have the experience to advise you on what to do, so i won't insult you by doing so.

Despite being deeply insulted, i wish you the very best.

CamelhAir
14th Nov 2007, 15:29
Pressman, some sense on here apart from myself. You're quite right, I'm on money far greater than any newbie will ever see, in either seat, something which so many steadfastly refuse to see, even when presented with the reality of €50k skippers.

Mr Horgy, I would strongly suggest that if you are basing your perception of life in ryr on other carriers that you very quickly reconsider. If you don't, you are in a for very very serious shock.
And please spare me the "why don't you move" crap, when you're more than 22 you'll see many reasons why people can't/don't/won't. Plus, as pressman alludes to, my pay is vastly more than you'll ever get. Unfortunately you're accepting of crap undermines everyone elses position, particularly when so few newbies bother with a union.

What's wrong, were you passed over for promotion?
Grow up boy, the problems are ryr are far deeper than someone getting passed up for promotion, which, if you read my posts, is obvious I wasn't.

JetsetJ, I strongly suspect your friends happy at ryr are brand new, so probably living on a pittance doesn't bother them. Come back to me when they feel the need to begin a life more salubrious than living like a poor student.
BTW, if you feel hurt by some name calling, stay away from ryr. Muppet is mild in comparison to what MOL and others will call you. Except when they insult you, it will be personal and direct. Remember, they hate you straight away cos you're a pilot and they will tell you in no uncertain terms if an opportunity arises. Your skin ain't thick enough if you wanna work for ryr.

JetSetJ
14th Nov 2007, 15:45
CamelHair,

I said i was insulted not upset! I've been called worst things, to be honest with you it's water off a ducks back.

Yeah i heard MOL hates pilots and you are right they are pretty new to the company.

MrHorgy
14th Nov 2007, 17:27
Camel,

I'm not here for a personal slagging match, all i'm trying to say is if your so deeply unhappy with Ryanair then surely you must have other avenues available to you. As you point out you've been there a while so you must have a fair few hours - there will be better things out there. Even BA only asks for 500 hours on type!

I'm just fed up of many a thread on RYR descending into farce and mudslinging.

Horgy

MrHorgy
14th Nov 2007, 19:24
In answer to your first question - No. All I see is a continual slagging off of new pilots looking to join RYR to get a foot on the ladder, and any comment to the contrary is regarded as blasphemy. I see no constructive points regarding REPA, or infact anything constructive regarding changes at Ryanair at all.

I accept what you say with regards to changing employment terms. But for those of us who don't have gold plated chequebooks and a school that has seduced airlines with marketing spin, what other, VIABLE alternatives do many new pilots on the market have?

I realise conditions at RYR are getting worse, and are not ideal, but as a stepping stone they are ideal - lots of hours, and good flying. People talk about the salary being low - assuming a 2nd year F/O on a brookfields contract does 800 hours a year I make that near 60000Euros, or £42000 a year. Admittedly RYR do not cover benefits, but when compared to a BA cadet salary in the 20k band, they do seem more appealing.

And who knows, if Camel is trying to make it better like you say, then things will go up. I for one would fully intend to integrate myself and push for change, should an opportunty arise.

I don't want people to see what I say as rash or appear to be burying my head in the sand, I just despair at the constant mudslinging with no constructive suggestions.

Horgy

MarkColeman
14th Nov 2007, 21:25
Camel,

You're coming accross as a real muppet here. You have the nerve to call people spineless? You think its the job of newly qualified ATPL holders (who probably have no better alternative) to sort out the mess at RYR? Surely its the job of the well established Ryanair captains (i gather youre a captain there?) to take action against MOL?

Although maybe you just feel more comfortable coming on to Pprune and indulging in name calling at young cadets, as opposed to trying to stand up to Ryanair management? I can only see one spineless muppet posting here and it isnt any of the cadets.

Pathetic.

CamelhAir
14th Nov 2007, 23:36
Markcoleman, it's the job of every ryr pilot, current or future, to sort out the mess. This is made extremely difficult to do because so many newbies join with their head up their arses, accepting anything thrown at them, which in turn undermines the attempts of those trying to improve the place.
It is a fact that newbies are less likely to join a union and are less willing to engage in action.
Every time a newbie joins on lower T&Cs, the baseline reduces, which filters up through the ranks. Why do you all find this concept so difficult??

I see no constructive points regarding REPA, or infact anything constructive regarding changes at Ryanair at all.

That's not for pprune :rolleyes: That's for REPA, why on earth would we discuss strategies on pprune with those not in the company???

but as a stepping stone they are ideal
To where??? Where the hell are you gonna go to escape ryr tactics? Do you think other airlines are gonna just remain paying more than ryr because they are nice people??

Wake up people. As superpilot alluded, if you enter ryr all happy-clappy, you are in for a huge shock.
There is constant slagging because it is worse than you imagine. You may not read here what you want to hear, but you owe it to yourself to see clearly the reality.
The ryr reality is not rose-tinted, so why the hell would you want to read a rose-tinted version here?
If you want some TLC, go talk to the ryr recruit team before you pay up but don't bother looking for same from same once the cheque is cashed.

MrHorgy
15th Nov 2007, 10:55
Camel,

Once again you fixate on the wording of what I say, and not the meaning. Let's make it a little clearer then. You do NOTHING but whinge and moan about T&C's, and talk down to would be RYR cadets. How is that constructive in the slightest? Your just throwing your toys out of your pram.

Are you seriously telling me people at RYR haven't done on to bigger and better things? Because sure as damnit that's a lie, I know at least 3 who are now installed in better paying jobs with better T&C's. If they didn't have 1000 JAR25 hours, they wouldn't be, simple as.

Horgy

Kak Klaxon
15th Nov 2007, 13:09
Mr Horgy,

If you are about to enter RYR its probably best to stop posting because you are in for a big shock,the Camel is a RYR capt,you are a sprog who knows nothing.

Do a few seasons then come back here and say sorry to the camel,you are buying your way onto an 800,an aircraft that you have neither the hours or skill to fly.

In fact, grovel at the feet of the Camel because its people like him who are going to keep you out of the Daily Mail for your first few years.

MrHorgy
15th Nov 2007, 13:59
Oh Pprune does make me laugh sometimes! :ugh:

Is that what it boils down to? I should worship Camel now because he is superior and he is the Captain? I know nothing simply because I choose to disagree with someones attitude? I certainly won't be bowing down or grovelling to anyone. Upon what basis do you cite my skills or hours? If I fail my LPC, or OPC, then feel free to question my flying ability - until then personal attacks really are childish. I thought this sort of attitude went out after the Tenerife accident!

Should I find he is correct I will certainly eat my hat but I won't be degrading myself on a public forum just so some members can get their kicks. This RYR rant goes on and on and it really isn't constructive anymore, so unless someone has anything more to add that's going to help any other wanabee i'll remove myself from it - i've got better things to do than defend myself on a faceless forum.

Horgy

MarkColeman
15th Nov 2007, 14:22
Such arrogance, disgusting.

I dont think anyone should grovel at camels feet, is he not one of the experienced pilots at ryanair who has sat back and let the RYR pilots be bullied and degraded by MOL? Now he blames cadets? its the cadets fault? It aint the cadets fault, its the modern low cost aviation industry models fault, and its the fault of all the people who didnt and still dont have the balls to stand up to MOL.

So guys, apart from coming on to an online message board and slinging insults at young, inexperienced guys - tell us what have you done/are doing to take action against RYR management?

*gets the popcorn

MrHorgy
15th Nov 2007, 14:51
To be fair to this poster he has stated in a previous post that he will join a union and contribute to the push for better T&Cs . Perhaps we would be better served to encourage these guys to join . After all no matter what is said here , the cadets will still come . We might as well see if we can get them to help.

I said I wouldn't post again, but this is EXACTLY what i'm trying to say.

I'm not nieve, I see the degrading Terms and Conditions, but only with a concerted effort by all are they going to change. Telling me i'm an idiot on a forum doesn't achieve that. Pressman is right, people will continue to come, so getting them onboard and onside should be a priority - people will only be alienated if you question their flying, morals, and judgement.

Camel - for what it's worth, I apologise if you've taken offence to anything i've said, in fact that goes for everyone - i'm just sick of people slating RYR, but not looking to do anything constructive to change it, especially if they are already on the inside.

Horgy

Kak Klaxon
15th Nov 2007, 15:08
OK Mr Horgey,sorry if I was ranting,now forget Pprune get your head in the books and good luck with your training,know your sim profiles inside out,really learn those memory items and become a Tec expert on the 73.

Hope you find what you want at RYR.

Mrs Bernoulli
16th Nov 2007, 13:29
Hi everybody I´m going for an RYR interview in East Midlands and would be delighted to get some info regarding the questions you might get.

I´ve searched the Forum but couldn´t find any posted. So anybody who have info about the interview part I´d appriciate your inputs.

(All talk about how RYR is screwing you I´ve already seen on this site, so you can spare those thoughts.:ugh::ouch:)

Thanks in advance
:)

MrHorgy
16th Nov 2007, 17:15
I had approximately 10 questions, the hardest of which was "describe the 4 stages of the standard departure". Some questions on the effects of high altitude operations, difference between IAS and TAS, where a wing stalls, etc..

Get "Ace the Technical Pilots Interview" it'll make some nice bedtime reading.

HR Questions were standard stuff, what you been doing with your life, why Ryanair, etc..

Horgy

MrHorgy
16th Nov 2007, 17:28
Oh, and if people have doubts....

http://www.darchtimes.com/babes4/ryanair.html

:E:E:E

Horgy

JetSetJ
18th Nov 2007, 14:33
Mr Horgy, I must admit I do like the Ryanair calender! I was hoping i'd get one free at the open day:-)

Captain N
19th Nov 2007, 10:58
Anyone with a Ryanair assessment coming up want to share an OAT or Virtualaviation sim for 2-3hours? pm me.

depending on sim availability I am hoping for 25th,26th or 27th of this month.

JetSetJ
21st Nov 2007, 19:06
Hi,

Is it true that Ryanair call you up before you are invited along for a technical knowledge assessment over the telephone?

Captain N
21st Nov 2007, 19:30
yah they call you for a short tel interview, basic stuff like: is your licence curent, you got an MCC, you are still interested, why you wanna join Ryanair? nothin to worry about;)

JetSetJ
21st Nov 2007, 19:33
Oh ok, cheers mate.

I just don't wanna balls it up:-)

thesexypilot
22nd Nov 2007, 06:02
Not looking for an anti ryanair bashing here.

what would be the best way onto the cadet couse via the MCC at Ryanairs selected schools or via an MCC at PARC.

Have more or less most people gone straight through the Ryanair MCC and got a postion on a type rating couse or are they quite harsh.

cheers guys

Rodders24
22nd Nov 2007, 09:51
Hi

Has anyone been invited onto the TR course in Stockholm starting next Feb? PM if you want to share accomodation in Stockholm and/or EMA for the pre-course week (Feb 4th - ?).

Thanks

zoulou
22nd Nov 2007, 19:35
Anybody coming to EMA before the 3rd december or has been up there recently for the Introduction of the TR?

Cheers

MrHorgy
22nd Nov 2007, 21:54
Zoulou,

What date do you start TR?

Horgy

zoulou
22nd Nov 2007, 21:55
I 'll start the introduction course in EMA the 3rd Dec

The TR In january but still waiting the dates;)

Cheers

MrHorgy
22nd Nov 2007, 21:57
Ahh never mind, your the week after us. Good luck :ok:

Horgy

boogie-nicey
23rd Nov 2007, 09:48
Good luck with the Type Rating MrHorgy.... see it can be done ;)
Best of luck mate.

PrecisionLandings
24th Nov 2007, 14:12
hey guys just wondering if anyone was doing the type rating on the 14th of jan in sas stockholm. looking for some one to share accom ith. pm me. PL

wheresryan2
24th Nov 2007, 16:08
Hi have been invited to the open day on the 16th, is this the first stage of getting in the door? I put my cv in to CAE about 3 weeks ago, they rang me told me to resend my cv but no news since then.

Did anyone on this thread go to the open day and then get invited to an interview?

Thanks Wheresryan2

JetSetJ
24th Nov 2007, 16:42
Hi,

I dare say you'll find the open day very interesting, it is a great opportunity to get an insight into Ryanair and a great opportunity to chat with a couple of their current pilots.

At then end of the presentation, which will be at the end of the morning/afternoon session depend ing on which group you're in, you'll be asked if you want to give your CV to Ash, the pilot recruitment chap. I believe he then looks through the CV's and invites people to return for assessment.

Hope this helps,

wheresryan2
24th Nov 2007, 17:42
Yes Thanks for the response mate!

JetSetJ
24th Nov 2007, 17:57
No worries, best of luck buddy.

cessna310
24th Nov 2007, 21:59
Hi,
Anyone re-call for an assessment after failing first one?If yes(i hope)after how many months?Pleaseeeeeeeeeee.:ugh:
I went in May 2007 but,it was not a success. I was told to reapply after six months.

Regards,
cessna310

thesexypilot
25th Nov 2007, 10:36
Still curious to know as to what would be a better opton of entering - an MCC at a Ryanair approved school or through PARC.

I know that through PARC I'll have to do a sim assessment, however I'm afraid they may be very selective on the Ryanair MCC courses and not put some through if they have a bad week.

I really would appreciate some help on this as my post on this seems to be ignored

cheers:8:}:ok:

-8AS
26th Nov 2007, 16:56
When you say "a Ryanair approved school" I assume you mean CAE in Amsterdam or SAS Flight Academy. Either of these are an excellent choice for an MCC course if you are aiming towards a job at Ryanair - they use Ryanair's MCC course. The course itself is done on the 737-800 simulator and therefore gives you a good grounding on the aircraft for when it comes to the all important sim assessment. PARC is also good because they use a 737-200 for the course which gives you a chance to really fly a jet. Again, this will help with the sim assessment. Doing an MCC course on an A320 won't do much for your jet handling skills.

However, I think what you are really angling for is which is better for the all important inside line to the elusive Job. I would guess the approved schools are a slightly better option as they can put you forward for interview. Thus, if you have the ability to do the job, the motivation and the desire then go to one of the schools. Having said that, there is a large uptake from the PARC MCC course as well.

wheresryan2
27th Nov 2007, 15:22
Hello everyone, Can anyone give any insight to the sim assessment and interview recently as I have one coming up, my first assessment! Any tips on the best places to polish up the sim work ect. I have just brought 'Ace the Technical interview'.

Sorry if you find yourselves repeating any info recently given, I just want to get the best chance of passing... its been a long road!

Also will need to borrow money for the TRC if i get through, do they provide any sort of paper work which enables you to get a loan?

Lots of question's thanks for your help wheresryan2:ok:

finals40
27th Nov 2007, 17:06
Hi guys. I have a slight dilema. I have been invited to Ryanair's interview at Eastmidlands on Dec 19th. Sadly I have some problems with the issue of my license some extra hours I need. I called today and they informed me I would need to find someone to fill my place and then I can be offered another date after I have the required paper work.

If anyone has applied or is waiting can you please send me a pvt message and I can hopefully still have my assessment later on.

Best wishes

ciopu
27th Nov 2007, 17:39
Hi finals40 check your PM

daf
29th Nov 2007, 13:13
anyone going to EMA on the 5 dec??

please write to me.

bultaco
30th Nov 2007, 07:31
Hi Guys,

If you're doing the simcheck and you get one of the following, should you always make a mayday call and squalk 7700 ?

1) passenger with a heart attack
2) Engine failure on departure or cruise
3) Engine fire on departure or cruise
4) Smoke in the toilet

Canada Goose
30th Nov 2007, 09:36
1) passenger with a heart attack
2) Engine failure on departure or cruise
3) Engine fire on departure or cruise
4) Smoke in the toilet

Interesting .......... I would have classed a heart attack as a PAN, unless of course it was me having the heart attack :E

YYZ
30th Nov 2007, 10:21
Sup Goose, hope you're well?

On the assessment they are looking for how you react then what you do, if you're flying keep flying and let the PM tell you what’s going on, the classic "Aviate, Navigate, Communicate" comes into play.

Ultimately they want to see you are looking ahead and if you're on fire, someone is dieing etc, you are going back to the ground for help, getting the calls and squawk are great, but making the decision to get it on the ground is the one they will be looking for more.

Enjoy
YYZ

bultaco
30th Nov 2007, 12:49
Thanks YYZ,

With the heart attack situation.....do you think if you're the PF should you ask the PNF's opinion like....."I think we should land ASAP....what do you think ?"

Just to show that you're somehow coming to a decision together ?

YYZ
30th Nov 2007, 15:41
CRM is the key, more people fail in the PM role than the PF!
If you're flying keep flying but the decision is still yours as to what to do, keep each other in th loop and you'll be grand.

YYZ

daf
30th Nov 2007, 22:40
Do they set up traps for you? Like my instructors used to do.... :)

Or is it just a pretty much straight forward flight. I remember how i used to sweat. But when you are flying with your friends it is not as hard as if the instructor is sitting beside u.

EGAC_Ramper
1st Dec 2007, 01:48
Certainly as YYZ says PM even though you ain't flying your being assessed. Call it if the other guys is high/low whatever help him/her out and PF ask the PM TO HELP you , good crm/delegation helps and will both get you thru. It will be like htis once you get onto the line.

Regards

daf
1st Dec 2007, 11:58
But aint the instructor want to see what I can do also?

Thinking about for example a holding. On the limit to a direct, offset or parallel. If I make the wrong calculation on how to enter, and my PM corrects me. That is not credit to me I guess?

YYZ
1st Dec 2007, 12:59
Time management and good judgement, if you're about to make an error as PF and the PM points it out in time to correct then whats the problem?
Yes, you should not off made the error, but it was highlited and corrected before it became an issue. If it's joining the hold though, you really only have yourself to blame if you do it wrong, this my go against you, or not? depends on what the guys looking for?

Simple calls from the PM like "speed" "Alt" etc are whats expected, as mentioned, YOU brief your PM as to what you want him to call and at what deviation.

YYZ

Kerropi
1st Dec 2007, 13:26
Hello

I've heard that Ryanair decided to set the maximum age for applying as a cadet to max 30. Is this true???

K.

inner
1st Dec 2007, 16:24
No i don't think it's true.

They even engage guys over 40 y old.

Another rumour i think.

grtz

emme
1st Dec 2007, 16:47
Hello Guys,

Anybody there called the 21th of December for an assestment in EMA...???
Look like its going to be on the -800, I was thinking to go for some MCC hours to SAS in Arlanda or to some other place like you said ( PARC ) to get some confidence with this plane before be there for real...Gambling with my destiny.

Ciao

Boonanza
3rd Dec 2007, 14:45
Thought I might give a quick update of my experience and a bit of insight into how I prepared for the interview, hopefully this comes in handy for some of you!

We were first given a brief, which was very well delivered and helped to put all candidates at ease about the whole process.

My sim partner and I volunteered to go into the sim first (which I can throughly recommend!) We were given two plates that weren't part of the assessment pack and we had 10-15 minutes to prepare. One thing that helped both of us, was to get a quick 'alignment' on how we would assist eachother in the sim, and to make it clear that it was important that the PM call any deviations (within reason) and the importance of calling for a go-around if needed... basically just to make sure we both had similar understandings of non-tech skills.

The rest of the sim detail was pretty much as described in earlier posts. I found it really helped being thorough in your brief about navaid setup and each persons duties for the departure.

In order to prepare for the assessment I did the following, which I found to work quite well;

1) Purchased PMDG 737-800 for FS2004

2) Practiced all of the plates night and day whenever I had a spare minute

3) Practiced QDM/QDR intercepts and Holding entries with all sorts of different winds, you can use the function in flight sim to set the wind or to use present conditions

4) I went through all of my ATPL books briefly and did a quick assessment of strengths and weaknesses and did a full study plan to make sure I was sharp for the technical interview.

5) I purchased Checklist for Success and Ace the Technical Pilot interview

6) I managed to come into contact with some people that are working for Ryanair to gain an in-depth understanding of the job and what some of the key qualities required to succeed in the job are.

The interview lasted for about 60 minutes and I found it to be a positive atmosphere, but it was very thorough. The technical interview covered all areas of the ATPL and didn't focus on specific areas and the personnel interview focussed on my previous experience/personal attributes and how these would help make me a good employee for Ryanair.

I am very pleased to say, it all worked and I now have a few months to read everything I can about 737's before the real work begins! :D

Hope this helps - and good luck!

:ok: Boonie

bultaco
3rd Dec 2007, 14:55
Hi Boonanza,

Could you check your private messages...

Silent-But-Deadly
4th Dec 2007, 12:19
60 minute interview - wow. Mine was over and done with in less than 10. They must have grilled you like a fish!

daf
4th Dec 2007, 12:42
WOW, sounds good. I am going tomorrow. Feeling the pressure building up!!

Anyone going in EMA??

I have also practised in FS with the -800 and read through my ATPL books. Hope that helped. I have browsed this thread for questions the usually ask. And listed them and answered them. But im pretty nervous about the sim thing. It is a new airplane everything is new. And im quite sure it handles different than im used to. But I will just keep cool and remember what I learned on MCC. And also remember the good old KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Now, it has to go one way or the other. We will see.

Daniel

Boonanza
4th Dec 2007, 14:25
is there anyone here that has recently done the RYR type rating course at SAS FA in stockholm? pls pm me.

:ok: Boonie

daf
5th Dec 2007, 17:48
assesmenet done. waitng for answer.

wow the 738 is delicious

EpsilonVaz
7th Dec 2007, 11:38
A little birdie told me that Ryanair may offer bonded type ratings. Is this information correct? Or had the birdie been smoking something? :}

JetSetJ
7th Dec 2007, 12:54
I think some one is pulling your leg!!

If only, the chance would be a fine thing:-)

MrHorgy
7th Dec 2007, 17:17
Your birdie is a hardcore crack addict. I'd suggest a replacement - possibly a parrot.

Horgy

wheelbarrow warrior
7th Dec 2007, 18:15
Ryan Air offering a bonded tr, would be strange however I think it could be a possibility, from what I can make out they're getting pretty short of people willing to be taken from behind by them.
They have called me about 8 times in the last two weeks, even leaving a message on one occasion! I have'nt answered because a) I knew it was them and b) I now have another job. On that basis it strikes me that they're getting short of people to try.

There will always be an oversupply of wannabes, but maybe theyve finally had enough of Ryan Air? Perhaps Ryan Air are going to have to consider a more attractive/ less disgraceful package for the cadets or else face a shortage of pilots. They work on money as the bottom line, it will cost the much more to cancel flights/ reduce schedules due to a lack of pilots than it will do to fund a few bonded type ratings.

If they did start offering bonded TR's I bet Horgy and a few others would be pretty pissed off!

MrHorgy
7th Dec 2007, 19:02
Wheelbarrow - why not just let them know you have a job elsewhere instead of ignoring them?

There's about a 2 month waiting list for TR start dates at the moment - I assure you the rumours that RYR are running short of bods should be taken with an ample pinch of salt.

Horgy

Captain N
7th Dec 2007, 20:02
I can confirm what Horgy said.
Last week both me and my sim partner passed the assessment.
my sim partner was offered End of march!!!

Airmedical
7th Dec 2007, 23:20
Hello Guys,

I been called for the assesment on the 21st, anyone going on this date that would like to talk before?? PM,

Good Luck!

daf
8th Dec 2007, 08:47
For all of you guys out there writing me PM. Here is a descripion of the day.

We started of by being sat in a room with a guy. He told us about the day and what was going to happen.

Then we got 10 mins to find together with each other and descide who is going to fly first in the sim. A good idea is to quickly find together and then discuss the plate given.

My partner was first of me and him in the sim we descided and me nr. one for the interview.

Before lunch I had my interview. Lasting between 30-40 mins.
Asking about my background and different technical quest. Pretty through out as being described here. But a lot of questions from all kind of ATPL areas. Don't be afraid og this interview. It is very relaxed athmosfere and the 3 guys sitting there is very nice people.

After lunch (2 hours delay) we got to the sim. I have no clue how it went. As I don't know what they are looking for. We both made a GA as we both became unestabhlished. Being placed 8nm back and landing afterwards. The sim is totally new and very nice. I never tried a full flight before so it was totally new for me. Thats why I have no clue as if it was within their limits. We were told that don't worry too much about if you have to make a parallel or direct entry and such small details. Like they used to do on the flying school. The important thing was to be practical.

Then afterwards I waited for my partner to finish his interview, and then the day was over. Went back to my hotel in EMA and thats it. Was very tired afterwards..........

I really hope that they call me with a positive answer. But all I can do is wait a little more.

I personally think that it would be a good idea to take some hours in a full flight sim before attending an assesment with ryanair. That way you are more prepared for the "enviroment". Not so much wich plate you fly. Cause we all know how to fly an ILS and a NDB approach. Otherwise you would not have your certificate today!!!! So do not be worried about wich plate you are going to get. Not one you have practiced on! I can promise you that! I think it is more important to focus on making good CRM and correcting your simpartner and ask for the right things and brief and all. But that is just me.

All the best to all of you (and cross your fingers for me)

DAF

captaintrigger
8th Dec 2007, 10:08
If you have a Ryanair Interview coming up, get a couple of hours sim practice with Virtual aviation.

They have loads of people using them for interview sim practice and are Fully aware of the ryanair profile. You will practice in the 737 all raw data flying.

Well worth It

www.virtualaviation.co.uk

I can Highly recommend them

Trig!!

emme
8th Dec 2007, 13:19
I booked 2 hours in december at Virtual Aviation to get ready for my assestment day with RYR...Hope It's going to work since It cost me a real fortune!
For people out there that haven't had before any experience of real sim jet training with full motion I feel to really suggest this experience with them or even in other more convinient organization just to get a bite of handling and power managment of the airplane we will ride on that day.

For the rest I think a good review of the most important stuff related to ATPL gen knowledge and plenty of time spent in front of FS2004 to improve scanning and approach plates schould be enoungh.

In bocca al lupo a tutti -----Best luck for everybody going to be in DUB or EMA soon!!!:ok::ok::ok:

jordiporta
8th Dec 2007, 19:55
Hello to everyone!

My name is Jordi and this is my first post! I'm going to the Ryanair assessment day in 12th desember (4 days from now!) i'm a little bit nervous! I have already read all the posts explaining how is the day and so on but I would like to ask again about the interview, what kind of questions do they do? what is the most important materia?

And about the simulator, do they use jeppsen charts? At what airports do they use t/o ldg,...?

And about the dress? do everybody dress in a suit?

thanks to everybody!!!

by the way, is anybody coming to the assessment in the same day as me??

Captain N
8th Dec 2007, 20:18
jordiporta.
Yes they use Jep charts. Airport is chosen on the day, you are given the chart and briefed on what is going to happen, then you have until after lunch to prepare and read the charts.

You need to know basic Aerodynamics and some info on the 737-800 e.g. seats, range, engines (please dont day Rolls royce),
some performance and Meteorology e.g. Jetstreams, Radiation fog, carb ice etc

Also you need to know as much as possible about Ryanair, and prepare an answer on why you want to work for them?

jordiporta
8th Dec 2007, 20:31
Captain_N,

thankes for the quick reply!

I have everything except the 737 info! do you know where can I finde this info in a summ and easy way??! I don't have time for reading all the manual and so on!

thankes!!

jordi

MrHorgy
8th Dec 2007, 21:27
This would be a good place to start -

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=96

Your only expected to know basics, unless you already have the rating of course!

Horgy

JCM5
9th Dec 2007, 16:04
jordiporta

fashion is discussed at the beginning of this long thread about RYR assessment (and YES! a suit is highly recommended).

Good luck next week mate!

cessna310
9th Dec 2007, 16:48
Hi,
Anyone recall after failing first assessment?If yes after how many months?

Regards,
cessna310

jordiporta
9th Dec 2007, 17:42
jordiporta

fashion is discussed at the beginning of this long thread about RYR assessment (and YES! a suit is highly recommended).

Good luck next week mate!

Thanks! by the way, I have already bought a suit! I hope it will give me good luck!!

YYZ
10th Dec 2007, 11:00
I think it's six months for a recall if you fail?

YYZ

henriksch
10th Dec 2007, 17:59
Hi

I have an assessment on jan 2nd, and was wondering if anyone want to share som sim time before that?

StallStrip
11th Dec 2007, 09:17
Dear all,

I have an assessment on the 18th of December at East Midlands anyone else going up that day? Also Im booking a couple of hours at OAT in there 737 if any one wants to bunk up? Its £295 an hour pm me! Also any tips?

Merry Christmas! Stallstrip.:)

nisch
14th Dec 2007, 13:33
Hello
I did my Mcc at SAS Flight Academy. We used the Ryanair SOP, flew in the fokker 28 sim., but it was some of the best instructurs I have ever met and also a great way to get into Ryan. In our group we were ten persons of witch only 7 did the "Ryanized" MCC and of us 7 so far 6 has been invited to start the typerating program, 4 of us will start Jan 14th back at the academy in Sthlm, the other ones has alredy started in Ams.
So I´d like to say it´s a great way in.

Best Of Luck

thesexypilot
20th Dec 2007, 18:37
I am currently trying to make up my mind for the final phase of training and would like to have an idea of what route and what schools people went to to get into before the Ryanair Cadet Programme.

Much appreciated

StallStrip
21st Dec 2007, 21:55
Hi guys anyone going out to Sweden SAS/GCAT April 08 for the Ryanair 738 TR. Send me a PM if your up for sharing accomodation to cut the cost

cheers Stallstrip.;)

undertherainbow
23rd Dec 2007, 10:24
hey anyone here who was on the open day the 16th, got a call with the telephone interview already? just curious.. there were so many people so i think not everyone's got called before christmas...

Boonanza
27th Dec 2007, 13:38
anyone else on here starting the tr in march?

pm me...

:ok:Boonie

shuchim
28th Dec 2007, 10:08
hi boonanza i an from india and completed my aircraft maintenance engineering from india can u pls tell that is there any cadet pilot scheme for me like student in rynair or other airlines .i would be glad to have your reply .

ugocalifornia
28th Dec 2007, 13:26
Hello there,

Is anybody invited for a cadet assessment on the 4th January???
It would be nice to talk then...

henriksch
28th Dec 2007, 17:45
@Stallstrip (congrats) and others who just went for the interview.

What did you do in the sim, and what did they ask you?

Have an assessment on jan 2nd.

Vetje
29th Dec 2007, 12:48
I had my assesment in december. They asked me things about my last plane that i flew and some personal stuff. Notthing to difficult. In the sim I had departure from East middlands, Trent departure, level off at 5000. some steep turns, then an NDB interception and NDB/DME back for landing. Same for the others that day.

Now i start the TR on 3rd of March in amsterdam.

Good luck to all the others.

edymonster
1st Jan 2008, 22:23
Anyone starting at east midlands 3rd of march then off to SAS the week after?

2FoxtrotEcho
8th Jan 2008, 12:12
Hi,

I have my Ryanair interview and sim assessment next week at EMA, Does anyone have any advise?

Is the interview a panel interview or 1 on 1 with the HR Department?

Thanks in advance 2FE

2FoxtrotEcho
8th Jan 2008, 12:30
Hi,

I have my Ryanair interview and sim assessment next week at EMA, Does anyone have any advise?

Is the interview a panel interview or 1 on 1 with the HR Department?

Thanks in advance 2FE

Captain N
8th Jan 2008, 17:31
my advise would be to read this thread as much as possible, it was great help to me. [Well except for the anti ryanair posts by some people]

Good luck

emme
10th Jan 2008, 23:54
:)Hello to everybody there,

I wonder if anybody as been invited by Ryr to start in EMA the 3th of March and then the Type the in CAE Amsterdam the 17th.

Please I would glad to have a Private Mail to see if we can reduce someway the extra costs, share some part of them and get the training time more rewarding.

Regards

EMME:)

LL-Snowman
11th Jan 2008, 00:06
hi there.

anybody starting march 31st at East Mids, then April 7th in Stockholm?

LL Snowman.

Captain N
11th Jan 2008, 18:06
I might as well join in too ;)
3rd of march at EMA then 10th at Stackholm?

emme
12th Jan 2008, 03:36
So see you there in EMA the 3th...!!!

Ciao:ok:

NotBad
21st Jan 2008, 14:01
Hello guys

I have been called for an assesment next 5th Feb at East Midlands. Anybody also called for that day?.

I will apreciate any coments from people from last assesments like sim scenerys and interview contest.

Thanks very much

Regards

NotBad

Doors to Automatic
21st Jan 2008, 22:12
Sim assessment preparation on a fixed-base 737NG simulator is also available here:

http://www.virtualflight.co.uk/assessment.htm

It is a lot cheaper than any other 737 provider.

EpsilonVaz
22nd Jan 2008, 21:48
A few questions about the Ryanair MCC in Brussels. I will be attending this course shortly.

Is there any advice you can give or anything that you think they look for in the assessment?

Could anyone give any examples of the technical questions asked in the written exam?

Thanks.

EpsilonVaz

diamond1
23rd Jan 2008, 12:05
Hi guys and gals, this is a question to all those who have been for the assesment recentley. How long do you have to wait to get your answer back from Ryanair? Thanks.

Captain N
23rd Jan 2008, 18:07
did interview on a thursday, had the email on Monday morning, how long you have to wait to start the TR is a good question, it was 3months for me, well just one month left now :}

type1
23rd Jan 2008, 19:40
did the interview on a tuesday, got the email 2 days later and started the tr 3 weeks later! on it now over at CAE.

metar
24th Jan 2008, 10:39
17th March start EMA with CAE @ AMS on 31st Mar if anyone wants to consider accommodation etc.

dxbpilot
27th Jan 2008, 12:48
I have applied to attend the open day on February 10th, got a call from Ryanair the other day , inviting me to come , and also said they will email the details etc later in the week. Been a week and a bit and no details.

Has anyone recieved this email ?

NotBad
27th Jan 2008, 19:07
You will recieve that mail once you pay for the assessment

JonnyTheCrayfish
1st Feb 2008, 13:04
NotBad, check out the thread "ryanair" in extracrew.com - good feedback from "Titorrin" who did his interview this week. See you at EMA on Tuesday :ok:

pugwash5
2nd Feb 2008, 14:14
I've applied too via e mail as requested, no reply as yet and no request for payment, did I miss something?

NotBad
2nd Feb 2008, 15:14
Gracias Jonny!!! See you there nex 5th

Yerlo
5th Feb 2008, 14:55
I am hoping to attend a Ryanair sim assessment in the near future and as a cadet was wondering whether anyone can share their experiences or recommend places that are beneficial for 737 simulator practice?

I heard there is a place in Yorkshire, but this is a 737-200 whereas the assessment is on a 737-800, would this be a major difference In relation to handling/speeds, layout/displays etc? Or would I be better attending somewhere offering an 800 series sim?

Thanks in advance

Mile_Hi
5th Feb 2008, 16:44
Yerlo,

The Yorkshire -200 sim is excellent. They have carried out loads of training for assessments for Ryanair and others and it is relatively great value and good tuition. There obviously are differences between the 200 and NG but during the assessment all the automatics are turned off and the instrument panel is re-configured which reduces the differences significantly.

virtualflight also looks like a potentially good option (I have never used them) it is an NG. It is fixed based so keeps the cost down.

Or bite the bullet and shell out for a full motion NG sim but you are paying a lot more and I don't believe it is worth the additional cost at this stage.

Good luck

Captain N
5th Feb 2008, 19:04
for the assessment practicing on a -800 sim is useless as they use conventional instruments layout (classic T just like a seminole)
I would recommend a -300 or 400 its efis screens but still conventional layout.
try oxford although dont depend on them as naturaly they put their student first.

Go Smoke
5th Feb 2008, 21:35
I recently used the guys at Virtual Flight and found them excellent value for money.
They did a sim assesment package for £590 which comprised 3 hours in the sim with an hour briefing.
I had an Astraeus pilot as my sim instructor, he was a really top bloke, enthusiastic, willing to give of his knowledge and to stay on a bit later to talk about and brief some finer points.
The sim isn't full motion but, is that a problem?
I don't think so........and I do think I got great value for money.
Here's hoping it all pays off.

PM me if you want more info.

henriksch
5th Feb 2008, 21:59
I can, from my own experience, only recommend Brussels Air college. Well if you prefer price over equipment

Its sort of home made, but all pitch and power settings are accurate, which is what you need. Also its full motion, and can be set whichever way you like. Both regarding displays and airports etc..

best thing though.. 22 Euro an hour.. Not pr person.. But for the plane.

I went there with one other going for the Ryan assessment. We did 3 hours (33 euro each) and both passed the assessment.

http://www.brugesaircollege.be/gallery.htm

NotBad
8th Feb 2008, 21:04
Hello guys,

Someone from the 5th Feb assessment knows something? I'm still waiting an answer :bored:

Landry
13th Feb 2008, 12:50
Hello all,

Just to know what you think about the quickness of Ryanair (via CAE) assessment process:

- MCC on JAN 2008
- CAE application updated on thursday
- Nice call from CAE on friday to request a CV
- Nice (but less nice) call from Ryanair on monday morning, and I have been proposed an assesment only 10 days afterward ! I have negociated 15 days... And I declared an emergency for preparation !!!

Is it always as quick ???

NotBad
13th Feb 2008, 13:22
Hi,

I updated my profile a tuesday, wednesday I recieve a mail to send an updated CV. Thuesday get the CAE call and next Monday the Ryanair call to be at EMA for the assessment 10 days later.

Regards

Landry
13th Feb 2008, 13:35
Does that mean there is a lack of application for Ryanair Cadets process?

virginpilot1087
13th Feb 2008, 16:05
They have new aircraft arriveing every month and pilots moving on or reaching retirement i guess, its a big outfit and so will always need pilots, better to have them in the system getting trained rather than run short and cancel flights i guess, dont moan about quick process, shows they have there hireing dept in order,,, sure if they took weeks to reply to anything you would be complaining,,, just get your ass in the books and be ready.

whizzer
14th Feb 2008, 11:14
Ryanair are in the process of receiving 8 new aircraft a month.

Having been through the process i know it isnt cheap but im loving every minute !!!!!

whizzer :ok:

RD29
14th Feb 2008, 14:32
Hello

I am very happy that Ryanair offer me TR SAS 12th May. Anybody who is also coming pm me, perhaps we can discuss accommodation.

Ciao

NotBad
15th Feb 2008, 00:26
Someone for EMA next 31st march and/or CAE AMS next 14 april?

Landry
15th Feb 2008, 07:46
Then it has worked, Mr NotBad ?

NotBad
15th Feb 2008, 08:58
Yes!! It worked!!! :O

Emilio's
16th Feb 2008, 11:38
Hello everybody!!!
someone remember what types of questions they ask during the personal and technical interview???
..some sample to have an idea...
Thanks mates!:}

Flying Farmer
16th Feb 2008, 12:09
Can someone please clarify if Ryanair are still taking on guys who are prepared to self fund the 737 rating?

Also at what stage would someone go from a Cadet entry to a direct entry FO if there is such a thing.

I have 2000 hours,800 of those heavy turboprop with a command in the near future, was only offered a cadet position late last year which financially wasn't doable.

Captain N
16th Feb 2008, 15:12
Emilio's
the personal questions are the typical HR q's any airline asks e.g. why Ryanair? tell us about urself,what do you know about Ryanair?
tech q's are mostly from a book called "ace the tech pilot interview" they will ask about ur previous a/c and about jets, e.g. high speed operations, why swept back wings? what is Mcrit? what is Vmcg or Vmca? you can be asked to describe a jet engine and how it works, maybe even draw one, also they can show you a sig weather chart and ask you to explain things on there.

Flying Farmer
Yes RYR are still taking on cadets who self fund TR at approx €29,000+expenses
unless you are 737-NG type rated you will be a cadet no matter how many hours on TP you have! direct entry is only for type rated pilots.

Flying Farmer
16th Feb 2008, 16:18
Thanks for that Captain N, my thoughts were that as you were not employed until you have successfully completed the type rating, you would be type rated when employed by the company!

The company were at one time taking "non rated direct entry First Officers". Is that not the case now?

cessna310
17th Feb 2008, 22:20
Be aware MODULAR PILOT for an assessment.:confused:

:=

YYZ
18th Feb 2008, 16:21
cessna310 you've lost me?
Are you saying FR do not take modular pilots?

YYZ

virginpilot1087
18th Feb 2008, 20:12
if thats the case its wrong, I am modular and I am FR F/O, well will be in a couple of weeks when finished the type

raceeend
20th Feb 2008, 19:51
Anyone been there recently? what SID to expect, what kind of emergeancy's are they doing nowaday's?

Yes I read the Thread front to back, only want to know what they recently did.

All info appreciated, als PM :)

Raceeend

Panorama
21st Feb 2008, 02:20
Somebody in EMA on March? Sim on -200 or -800? What SID's or emergencies we can expect? Thanks

Emilio's
21st Feb 2008, 07:07
Hei I'll go there the 12 of march.
The sim will be a boeing 737-800 full flight but whit efis map (not pfd/nd).Similar to the 737-3/4/5
But no worries because after your payment you'll receive the assessment brief whit all the info about it!
Also call outs for mcc,settings,speeds etc...
For the sid I don't know what procedure we'll fly because they choose on the day.But expect to fly jeppessen charts.
You will have the sim ready for departure on rwy.Don't worry for start up and taxy.
All the best guys!
See you there!:ok:

Panorama
21st Feb 2008, 10:34
Thanks Emilio's. My assessment is on 19th March. Do you know how much is the sim? Can I pay on credit card? After pass in assesment, how long to ground school? Thanks

Crash.Piloto
21st Feb 2008, 16:49
Hi, i have the assesment the next month, but... in the email they tell me that i must not pay. :O Is somebody in the same situation? Thanks.

I´m afraid that when i will be there they will tell me that without pay i can´t do the tests.

Could somebody give some info about it?

Thanks

Dit
21st Feb 2008, 17:46
I went there at the end of Jan, the Sim check shouldn't be too much to worry about. They told me they are looking for people who are trainable. Also they give you the SID and non-precision approach at the start of the day, so you get plenty of time to look over it before/after your interview. I think I got East Mids, but have heard of people getting Liverpool and Luton too. During the sim you will get an emergency (we got an engine fire and and engine failure) but they're not looking for anything too great with how you deal with it. We didn't even get into trouble shooting it as our instructor wanted to have us speed up to VMO and then down to Vs on one engine.

alberto86
21st Feb 2008, 21:05
hi Dit, good to hear about your experience.
But how did you manage the engine fire? did you manage to engage the fire extinguisher ... did you proceed with the some engine securing procedure or ask the pnf for the emergency booklet or what else?
Thank you , I'm very interested.
I've got a call from CAE today and they told me somebody from RYR will call me again for some more questions and then give me a date for the assessment.

adwjenk
21st Feb 2008, 21:24
Hi,

When I did my assessment we where told to deal with the fire drill as we had done in our previous aircraft be it a Seneca or a B737 or L10-11 that you did you MCC in.
Just have good MCC during the failure and confirm everything with the PF before moving the switches.
I was lucky I knew what to do since I did my MCC/JOC on a B737-400 so called to my partner what switches to pull after we both agreed they were correct.
But if you are really stuck sure the assessor will help you out with the engine failure. I think at the point they are looking for good CRM.

All the best

Dit
22nd Feb 2008, 17:26
alberto,

For the engine fire we just called and did the 737 engine fire memory items, confirming each item before the switch/control/whatever was moved. We never even got into the QRH after this...

Nicole at CAE (who you probably spoke to) is very helpful, I got my call from RYR a day or 2 after she called me. They don't ask you much, justb a little about yourself, why you want to work for them, what hours you have etc...

Dit
23rd Feb 2008, 14:40
I think I waited about 2 weeks from my phone call to my assessment. As for revision, they seem to like principles of flight questions, especially stuff about the effect CG position has on range, stall and spin characteristics etc, centre of pressure and wing sweep. Apparently they also ask some basic questions on the 738, like wingspan, range, engines and they're power, MTOM, no of pax etc though I didn't get asked any of these. I also got asked about the atmosphere, how an ASI worked and what would happen to it if the pitot probe was blocked in a climb/descent.

Griffon_PMI
24th Feb 2008, 18:33
Hello everyone!!

Maybe any of you had the same problem that makes me :ugh:....

My ME rating is near to expire and I have the FR assesment next month.
I think there aren't enought time to revalidate it because the date of the initial issue is 5 years ago, so, this time, the revalidation is not only the examiner signature at the back, this time I have to send my physical license to be re-issued in a new paper.

Do you know if some kink of certificate or written proof is admited in the assesment? Maybe the bill of the taxes to show that my licence is on the way?

thanks for your help

Griffon_PMI
24th Feb 2008, 18:49
Both.

My ME rating expiring date is the same that the CPL validity.
And, as the SE is valid for 2 years, I have it current to the next year.
My IR is valid to.

thanks for your quick reply

Dit
24th Feb 2008, 19:33
You don't need a ME rating to start the type rating. Only a valid licence and Multi-Engine IR.

jiffajaffa
26th Feb 2008, 17:43
Just got a bit of feedback from someone who recently done the asessment....Ryanair are using Dublin for the asessment??:eek: anyone else confirm this! was expecting the usual East Midlands, Liverpool??? im sure alot of people who are going to sit the asessment soon will be happy to hear this! :ugh:

Airmedical
26th Feb 2008, 21:22
Hello guys,

I did the Ryanair assesment last december and I passed. They give you the departure and approach plates at least 3 hours before your sim, and I can guaranty you that you have time enough to prepare them. I think it´s useless to waste time trying to find out wich departuere it´s going to be. I think it´s much more important to know by heart how to join a holding, get on outbound radial passed the station... etcetcetc

So my advice: Study ATPL topics, study your current aircraft, and if possible get a coumple of simulator sessions.

Good luck to everybody!

Landry
4th Mar 2008, 08:06
Hello all,

My feedback in a few words cause I've used this thread to prepare myself, and now, I'm in !

My profile: french, CPL-IR passed in 2004, MCC on light biturboprop done on Jan 2008, 220h TT nothing bigger than a seneca...

I've been in the assessment without any experience on a full motion sim nor on a jet engine sim. :suspect:
I've trained myself on FS2004 737 PMDG add-on :E
This training was almost not sufficient as the instructor told me the D day...

My advice then:
- Have a couple of hours in a 737 full motion sim first
- Check your ATPL knowledge
- Check your former A/C knowledge
- Don't spend too much time on SID & approach charts: we have been proposed a departure clearance not following the given SID, and an ILS ! Then, 2 visual approach (very difficult with no experience on the 737 !)

Thank you very much to all and to PPRUNE for the help, and feel free to PM if you need any detail !

CU

paran
10th Mar 2008, 19:12
Hello everyone,

Does someone from the 5th March assessment know anything?
I'm still waiting for an answer

Good luck!
Thank you!!!!
Paran

mibo
11th Mar 2008, 18:47
ALBA VAI TRANQUILLO CHE LO PASSI FACILE...OSTIA DEVI RILASSARTI UN PO E STAR CALMO...FAI COME ME CHE LE SCOPO TUTTE...E CHI ***** SE NE FOTTE SE NON SO MANCO CHE ***** è UN ENGINE FAILURE..
L'IMPORTANTE è LECCARE LA PUSSY
:ok::ok::ok:

julien1763
17th Mar 2008, 08:49
Hey everybody!

I read about Ryanair cadet program on Pilot Jobs network:

It says that the cost of the type rating is reimbursed to you throughout 2 years. Has Ryanair cadet program really changed?

Cheers!

Julien

Dit
17th Mar 2008, 09:55
In a word:

No

Tolan
19th Mar 2008, 15:59
Gentlemen, I could do with some sound advice.

If, for example, I had attended CAE/SAS to do a Ryanair MCC and failed the final simcheck, mainly because of the incompetence of my sim partner (he forgot plates, ect). Would it be possible to apply via the other company (ie, if I did the assessment at SAS, apply via CAE) to do the interview and simcheck, since I now have an MCC?

I would like appreciate any help you could give me on this, it's a big shame to loose an opportunity like this.

Kind Regards,

Tolan

dxbpilot
19th Mar 2008, 18:50
This question was asked at the last ryanair open day. You cannot apply again for 6 months if you do not pass selection from one of the ryanair MCC courses.

frka
19th Mar 2008, 20:42
hello everyone!

I finished my mcc with CAE at the begining of February, and it was successfull, but still no word about interview. is it unusual, and how long does it usually take to get information about interview dates after mcc?

thank you,

regards

FAS
20th Mar 2008, 19:15
I was successful at the assessment thanks to my copilot, Paul Deaves who is real First Officer with Ryanair. He was really helpful and even added power when i started sinking towards the runway. What a nice guy.

The interview went ok. Lots of tech questions but the two guys interviewing (Steve and Brian I think?) were very friendly.

Good luck!

dontpressthat
20th Mar 2008, 19:21
FAS, if you dont mind me asking... when was yr assessment?
I had mine on tues so still waiting.

DPT

Callsign Kilo
22nd Mar 2008, 19:29
Hi there

Anybody out there joining me at EMT on the 31st March and then off to CAE Amsterdam for the TR on the 14th April? Would be good to make contact in order to see what everyone's plan of action is? I think I will be in a hotel for a week when in AMS and then I will try and get something a little cheaper. Maybe a couple of guys may be up for getting some shared accomodation? Who knows?? Hopefully hear from you via the PM system :)

Cheers, CK

RossH
23rd Mar 2008, 15:01
Hi CK,

Im on the 31st march course at ema then 14h april at amsterdam.

IrishJetdriver
23rd Mar 2008, 20:48
Guys,
A quick word. I did my RYR course and CAE is a sausage machine for FR pilots and cheap accom is not easy to find once you are there. There is accom possibly available at the very nearby college at very good rates but you want to try and book that NOW. If you have a car at EMA then the nearby travelodge can have very good rates (I paid £15 per night via the internet). You can park round the back of the RYR training centre for free, Do not use the long term car park as it is a rip off at £20 per day which is only £13 more expensive than at Stansted!!

Public transport near CAE is excellent. If you are using the jump seat facility to Eindhoven then take the train to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport which is about 90 minutes, then go out front of the airport to the bus station and get the 500 bus marked for Haarlem and get off at Graan Voor Visch (not sure of spelling, but oddly enough means "Grain for fish") which is almost outside CAE. Buses need a card which is readily available from newsagents and is called a bustrippencart. I think 20.6 euro for 45 sectors but bear in mind that Haarlem to GVV is 4 sectors for example. If you speak English with a Dutch accent then the language seems pretty obvious sometimes!! CAE facility is excellent but the CBT is woefully inadequate for the exams ahead. Get to know students ahead of you for top tips on revision topics. When I was there, the tea/coffee/pepsi was all free and there is a very basic canteen on site. The sims are superb but be aware that you MUST MUST MUST spend every waking minute in the cardboard bombers practicing your flows as you get very little slack once you are in full flight simulator sessions. Work with your sim partner as if your career depends on it.......because it may well do.

Above all........ENJOY

s,

Callsign Kilo
23rd Mar 2008, 23:27
RossH...have sent you a PM

IrishJetDriver....many thanks for the info :ok:

Ollie268
24th Mar 2008, 11:25
Hi everyone, got my assesment on the 1st April (hoping its not an april fools joke :} )
Anyone else going?