PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

andreafrigo89
7th Jul 2016, 21:38
Hi guys! I did the interview on the 4th of July and I passed! Anyone in APC1603?

Eavr
8th Jul 2016, 05:37
Anyone in FR1615 at EMA?
Hello! I am on the FR1615 starting 22nd August. :)
Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/1637689913189459 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/277598269267099/)

Live your dream
8th Jul 2016, 07:12
That link is not working!

Eavr
8th Jul 2016, 07:49
That link is not working!
Sorry, try this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FR1615EastMidlands/
If not, just search FR1615 East Midlands :)

pilot0
8th Jul 2016, 09:24
Hi guys! I am waiting the phone call of CAE... Is it difficult the aviation related sentence? Is about a passenger sick or injured or fire un-contained?

Thanks!

moseka
8th Jul 2016, 10:23
Hi guys, I received the call yesterday, nothing unusual, lady on the phone was asking about expiry dates on my licence, licence type (EASA), medical expiry date etc. No questions concerning technical issues or "What would you do when a passenger gets sick onboard?". Generally speaking, the phone interview was very pleasant, at the end this woman from CAE told me that I passed and I'm invited to the assesment.

Anybody attending assesment on 21st July at Dublin? I also have a question about "Reference outlining your academic qualifications (high school/university or from an educational body) All references must be signed by the referee!" is it supposed to be a reference stating your strengths etc. or a paper claiming that I'm currently studying in college will be enough?

Cheers

P06T
8th Jul 2016, 11:06
Hi guys, I received the call yesterday, nothing unusual, lady on the phone was asking about expiry dates on my licence, licence type (EASA), medical expiry date etc. No questions concerning technical issues or "What would you do when a passenger gets sick onboard?". Generally speaking, the phone interview was very pleasant, at the end this woman from CAE told me that I passed and I'm invited to the assesment.

Anybody attending assesment on 21st July at Dublin? I also have a question about "Reference outlining your academic qualifications (high school/university or from an educational body) All references must be signed by the referee!" is it supposed to be a reference stating your strengths etc. or a paper claiming that I'm currently studying in college will be enough?

Cheers

Still waiting for the call. Received the email last week. For how long did you have to wait??

moseka
8th Jul 2016, 11:19
I've submitted the application on 24.06, received the email yesterday and they called like an hour after getting the email, but I guess it's a lottery.

pilot0
8th Jul 2016, 15:09
Moseka, did lady read an aviation related sentence 2 times and then she asked you some questions about it?

moseka
8th Jul 2016, 16:56
No, she didn't, just questions related to expiry dates, no aviation related topics. But maybe it depends on how well you perform with your english, I honestly don't know.

Wesleyy
9th Jul 2016, 14:02
Dear Moseka,

I'm also the 21th of July in Dublin. Tried to contact you, but I am not able to find the private message button. Haha.

Greets,
Wesley

captain.weird
10th Jul 2016, 12:37
Hi Wesleyy,

Where did you do your training?

Greetz ;)

ShineOn
11th Jul 2016, 12:35
Any truth in the 5 year bond for the type rating?

Lucagrasso
11th Jul 2016, 15:49
Hi guys, just did the phone interview, but at the end of the call, i expected to know the date for the assessment, but nothing. She told me that they'll let me know by mail.
Do you think that i have not passed the "phone interview"?

Have any of you received the date for the assessment by e-mail?

speed_alive_rotate
11th Jul 2016, 15:50
Anybody know approx how many pilots at Ryanair at the moment- hard to find an accurate answer online.
Regards SAR

moseka
11th Jul 2016, 15:55
Hi guys, just did the phone interview, but at the end of the call, i expected to know the date for the assessment, but nothing. She told me that they'll let me know by mail.
Do you think that i have not passed the "phone interview"?

Have any of you received the date for the assessment by e-mail?
Lucagrasso, be patient, if she told you that you'll get info by email, then you will receive it. But I guess they have a lot of applications to go through and it may take some time ;)

Circle_To_Land
11th Jul 2016, 17:04
Anybody know approx how many pilots at Ryanair at the moment- hard to find an accurate answer online.
Regards SAR
Check out www.ryanair.com -> about us -> investor -> and FY16 results, it should say how many pilots they had pr. xx.xx.2016. If I remember correct they had 2805 pilots as of 31. March 2015.

Edit: follow this link and scroll to page 121 "Pilots...................................................... .... 2,804"
https://investor.ryanair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Annual-Report-FY15.pdf

eog1987
11th Jul 2016, 17:12
Hi everyone,

Im having issues with my CAE application, have uploaded all requested documents but the site keeps informing me that "To complete your Training Request, you are now required to upload the documents listed below. Failure to upload these documents will prevent your request from being processed".

There's no submit option that I can see, am I being really dumb?

SeventhHeaven
11th Jul 2016, 18:21
Answering some questions above:

- Are you in the "my documents" tab? (next to 'training request' and 'my profile')

- Also, the ryanair website does not count any of the self employed pilots. I assume they have about 10 crews per plane, so if you know their fleet number you can make an educated guess about their crew level.

- they tell you if you passed the phone interview on the phone. I have not heard of anyone having to wait for an email if it was a positive result.

Circle_To_Land
11th Jul 2016, 20:17
Answering some questions above:

- Are you in the "my documents" tab? (next to 'training request' and 'my profile')

- Also, the ryanair website does not count any of the self employed pilots. I assume they have about 10 crews per plane, so if you know their fleet number you can make an educated guess about their crew level.

- they tell you if you passed the phone interview on the phone. I have not heard of anyone having to wait for an email if it was a positive result.
SeventhHeaven

Of course they do, not on their website, but as statistics as part of the annual reports to the investors.

speed_alive_rotate
11th Jul 2016, 20:23
Thanks @Circle to land and @SeventhHeaven for the information. Exactly what I was looking for

Av8thegreat
11th Jul 2016, 21:57
Hi boys...anyone in the CAE 1617 class??

collinnathan
11th Jul 2016, 22:39
Hi everyone!

I applied at RYR on the 26th of May and I still didn't get anything from them wether some friends of mine got mails applying after me... Do you guys have any idea of how they choose their people?

And in the Base choice, In one, I put Brussels south, second Madrid, and thirs Malaga. Do you know if Brussels South would prevent them from choosing me? Can we change the Base choice?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan :ok:

SeventhHeaven
12th Jul 2016, 02:23
You waited a whole month? Some people waited years, I'm still "waiting" after 20 months! Be patient.

Ryr does not give a toss about your base choice in your application. At most it comes up in your interview.

And you can change it anyway, if you log into your account. If you cannot change it, then your application is already "under review". Does not mean they'll ever call you though, mine has been locked/under review for probably 7 months now.

@circle to land: Good point! Didn't think of that

ShyTallKnight
12th Jul 2016, 06:14
My 'Training Request' page still states:

'To complete your Training Request, you are now required to upload the documents listed below. Failure to upload these documents will prevent your request from being processed'

Don't think this is anything to worry about.

I am also unable to edit base choices BUT again, I don't think this is anything to be concerned with.

Circle_To_Land
12th Jul 2016, 07:05
Any truth in the 5 year bond for the type rating?
What he said - is there any truth to this?

SeventhHeaven
12th Jul 2016, 07:14
Out of curiosity, how long have you been unable to edit your profile?

7 months or so for me - Can't even update hours, medical or IR dates :-/ which is why I'm pretty sure it's done and over for me :)

Somewhere on the CAE page it says something to the effect of 'some applications cannot be edited anymore as they are already under review'

ShyTallKnight
12th Jul 2016, 07:30
Well, that's interesting.

The only thing I cannot edit is base choices. I can still update hours, licence expiry dates etc. Can also view and edit document uploads.

maxTO
12th Jul 2016, 08:24
Hi everyone,

I have been reading many of your posts and I have a question to ask regarding the infamous phone call.

All I want to know is if before getting the phone call all of the lucky one did receive an email previously to that.

I thought that CAE first sends you an email letting you know when they will call you, but reading all those posts sounds like everyone just got a phone call without previous notice.

Also an heads up for the people that still wonder if their documents have been uploaded. The process is this:
- go and fill out the training request
- once submitted the training requested the website will take you automatically to the page where to upload the documents
- as you upload every document once you reach the last mandatory document to be uploaded a "green message" saying something like "successfully uploaded" will appear, if that didn't happened then maybe you should start wondering if the documents were actually uploaded. In both cases the "red warning message" regarding documents to be uploaded will remain.

I applied ages ago but still haven't got a call. I cannot make any changes on my application, so I hope I am under review, although seems like many guys as well have had the same situation but still no luck.

Although many define it as a lottery, the odds are more in favour of getting called by RYR then winning the lotto so...chin up I guess : )

SeventhHeaven
12th Jul 2016, 10:14
These are the general steps, or how it used to be a few months ago based on my peers:

1. you apply on the CAE website
2. They send you an email with questions (hours, exams, license, CV, etc). Apparently these then get forwarded to ryanair, and they decide if they want to continue with your application or not.
3. The CAE emails you to reject your application, or they send you an email stating when they'll call you (note, sometimes they 'forget' to send the email and just call out of the blue). This generally takes about 14 days.
4. during the call they'll confirm your hours, exams, etc etc again. If you're not a native speaker you'll get a very brief and easy english test. They'll read you a short paragraph, twice, and ask you 2 or 3 very simple questions. Takes less then 2 min total. They'll immediately tell you if you passed and invite you for an assessment. They'll tell you the date and give you general instructions. If you failed they'll "let you know the results' and email you.
5. if you passed, they'll send you an email confirming your assessment and giving detailed payment instructions.
6. You'll get another email a few days before teh assessment with guidelines, SOP, speeds, profiles, etc to study.
7. Assessment day
8. within roughly 14 days tops, they'll send an email giving you the results
9. if positive, they'll contact you again and give you extra info and plan the TR course etc etc

ShyTallKnight
12th Jul 2016, 10:42
One would assume that the documents have been uploaded so long as you can 'view' them via 'documents' tab of the CAE application portal.

ShineOn
12th Jul 2016, 10:52
Do they give a choice of interview dates?

SeventhHeaven
12th Jul 2016, 11:01
No choice. Take it or leave it.

P06T
12th Jul 2016, 14:08
Guys if she says that they will contact you by email re the result of the telephone interview does that necessarily mean bad news? Do you know anyone who got a positive outcome please? Thanks

SeventhHeaven
12th Jul 2016, 14:47
That makes 3 people on the same page that refuse to use the search function, and 2 people that can't even find the answer to their question on the same page. Are you people commercial pilots or blue collar workers that need to be spoonfed everything?

Positive result = during phone call
Negative result = we'll be in touch/email (at least, with everyone I know)

Av8thegreat
12th Jul 2016, 16:10
Hi guys...
Facebook group link for class 1617 in AMS
https://www.facebook.com/groups/301428213533948/
Feel free to join....

skydream30
12th Jul 2016, 20:45
Anyone in Dublin for the assessment July the 20th ?
Feel free to PM me 😉

speed_alive_rotate
13th Jul 2016, 06:55
@skydream30: when did you receive the phone call and interview assessment date, I am just trying to confirm how much notice candidates are being given. It used to be minimum of 2 weeks but seems it has gotten even shorter now.
Regards SAR

juris
13th Jul 2016, 08:32
to skydream: hello, I am attending the interview on July the 20th. I just dont know how to send PMs on this forum.

Falcon37lc
13th Jul 2016, 12:52
Anyone starting the TR the 5th of September in AMS (CAE1615)?

HuG83
13th Jul 2016, 21:13
Anyone going to the acessment on the 26th of July?! Wana pair up for a sim session ?

Toedwy
14th Jul 2016, 11:14
Anyone starting the TR the 5th of September in AMS (CAE1615)?
Falcon37lc
I am in CAE1615 in AMS. We have a facebook group called CAE1615 if you want to join.

karris7
14th Jul 2016, 21:16
you can get the question bank for free at skyinstructor.com

just don't forget to report your experiences to [email protected] to keep the bank up to date.

I have been waiting to face the assessment, i know what it is like, i hope the question bank will help you hit the assessment more relaxed and confident, so you can really show your skills

good luck to every one

speed_alive_rotate
15th Jul 2016, 10:12
Has anybody requested another date to the one proposed to you on the telephone should you receive the lucky call. It looks to be roughly 14 days phone call invite to assessment to assessment date- so if you had holidays booked for instance on the date they offer you, is that a valid reason for another date. I know @SeventhHeaven said above its a take it or leave it situation , buy I am fairly sure I have read on this forum before of candidates requesting another date for a valid reason and actually being successful.
Be great to hear from anyone that has had first hand experience of this.
Kind Regards,
SAR

pilot0
15th Jul 2016, 10:40
Hi!

Anyone have the assessment in Dublin the 29th of this month?

juris
15th Jul 2016, 13:30
speed_alive_rotate: during the phone call she offered me the 1st of July but i told her that I am unable to get to Dublin because of work until the second half of July. She wasn't happy about it but then she told me to expect next phone call the next or the week after. Aprox. ten days later her colleague called me and offered four dates to chose from.
Don't worry about it.

MalikZ
15th Jul 2016, 16:01
Hi guys.

Anyone for 25th of July? as a APC ?

Cadillac87
15th Jul 2016, 16:33
@speed_alive_rotate I have a friend who said he couldn't attend the assesment on the day they gave him, and the lady gave him another appointment. I don't recommend you to do that if it is not extrictly necessary, you get what you get!

Anyone going to the assessment on the 29th? Feel free to contact me!

Cheers

Cadillac87
15th Jul 2016, 16:46
@pilot0

Here! You have a PM

speed_alive_rotate
16th Jul 2016, 06:53
Thanks for the input gents, I knew there would be some who could not attend a specific date , that is just normal life. Should not be a reason to not get a different date if you have a genuine reason.
Regards,
SAR

oldkarim
16th Jul 2016, 09:55
@MalikZ Hi!! where did you study to get an interview as APC? Do you know what are this school? Thank you

Lokki
16th Jul 2016, 15:44
Can I ask anyone who has submitted all the documents online to CAE, to outline exactly what documents you had to upload?!

Citerne
16th Jul 2016, 19:13
Hello, anyone starting the 22/08 at EMA (TR FR1615)?

ShyTallKnight
17th Jul 2016, 04:35
Can I ask anyone who has submitted all the documents online to CAE, to outline exactly what documents you had to upload?!
Exactly as it says on the portal. Are you looking to clarify something in particular?

Live your dream
17th Jul 2016, 10:38
Hello, anyone starting the 22/08 at EMA (TR FR1615)?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FR1615EastMidlands/

Lokki
17th Jul 2016, 15:48
Nope that's perfect shytallknight

JohanP
17th Jul 2016, 19:55
Hello all!

Anyone for the assessment on the 28th of July in Dublin? PM me.

zecrac
18th Jul 2016, 12:57
Anyone for CAE1616

eeesprit
18th Jul 2016, 15:40
Hi guys!

Delighted to have received the good news today :)

My contribution to this topic now :

I started with the sim.

EGGP 27 WAL2N
Amended clearance, straight ahead until 3DME, right turn hdg 360° , climbing 4000ft.
Some GH exercices with climb, descent, acceleration, deceleration, turns.
Position fixing with QDM/QDR from NDB
Radar vectors and ILS 27 to land.

A bit harder for my partner : the beginning was the same, and after the position fix the radar became unserviceable => holding and alternative procedure with sick passenger (Fly/Navigate/Communicate, Transfer Control, DODAR + NITS).

HR Interview

Just 25'

- What do you think about your Sim session ?
- Why did you do your training in UK?
- Why did you do your MCC with Simtech?
- Weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you know about Ryanair?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have friends working for RYR?
- When can you start the TR?
- Can you pay for it?

Technical questions :

- Questions about my job (I'm sales engineer working on a project with renewable energies "what kind of thermal devices? Heat pumps ? okay tell me more" etc)
- Let's pretend you're on the ground at Marseille, 40degrees outside, how do we cool the 737-800? (I talked about electricty generated by APU supplying packs etc.)
- How to heat the cabin during the cruise?
- Xwind calculations
- Feedback about my flight/school and instructors

Then a long and nerve wracking week to wait for the results!!!

Good luck to everyone, again give your best and stay positive, they need us all! ;)

PS. the day before the interview, I've booked a sim session with Upilot (dublin airport). They have a simulator based on the 737-800 and really nice & skilled instructors. For a very reasonable price, you will become familiar with the cockpit, power settings and pitch attitudes to remember, and practice some SID/STAR/APP and emergencies. (in my case, that was EMA27, so very helpful for the real assessment!!!)
The controls are lighter than during the assessment though, but anyway flying the aircraft should'nt be a problem as long as you know where to find the informations in the cockpit and are prepared for any situations. So go for it, you'll be more confident :)

speed_alive_rotate
18th Jul 2016, 16:36
Was your sim East midlands EGNX , or Liverpool EGGP @eeesprit? And also did your SIM partner complete a self position to land R27 after the hold?

Many congratulations on passing the assessment and also many thanks for sharing your experience with us all here who it will help a lot I believe.

eeesprit
18th Jul 2016, 18:38
You're welcome, this topic was really helpful for me so I'm glad to contribute as well :)

My mistake, it was East Midlands EGNX !
And yes absolutely he had to find his position just after the beacon outbound on the alt procedure!

eeesprit
19th Jul 2016, 08:15
TR East Midlands 29th august : anyone there too? Any group on fb ?

Challenger85
19th Jul 2016, 17:32
Received a phone call today and I'll be in Dublin on 25th!! MalikZ ........ We'll be there together!

eeesprit
20th Jul 2016, 09:06
FR1616 East Midlands

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1301631549865027/

2 people at the moment... feel free to join if you're concerned :)

AndreFranco
20th Jul 2016, 13:02
I will be on the assessment the 25th in Dublin as well!

fedocirrus
20th Jul 2016, 15:13

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Jul 2016, 10:50
Is anybody no longer able to edit their base choices? I know it does not mean anything but why are some people able to edit theirs and others not!! Anyone shed any light on the madness of selection haha!!
The guys who have been called, were you able to edit all your information right up until the call? I know this has been discussed alittle before but would be very helpful to get the thoughts off those who have actually received the call to assessment.
Regards,
SAR

ShyTallKnight
22nd Jul 2016, 16:09
I haven't been able to edit BASE CHOICES since the initial submission. Is that not the same for all? I thought the only issue some people had was not being able to edit TOTAL HOURS, LICENCE EXPIRY etc.

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Jul 2016, 16:29
You could be right @ShyTallKnight. Was just looking to see was there any change to peoples account just before getting the call , but I guess its anybody's guess. The wait goes on , best of luck to all!!

ShyTallKnight
22nd Jul 2016, 19:19
I guess only CAE or Ryanair know exactly how/what goes on.

antes56
22nd Jul 2016, 20:48
Anyone on FR1616 East Midland on 19th september? any fb group??

P06T
23rd Jul 2016, 16:26
Looking for feedback: received the call 11 days ago which was upbeat and promising. At the end I was told to expect an email with the result. From what I've seen in the forum it is usually sent after a few days but this does not seem to be my case.

Does anyone have anything to contribute to this please?

Falcon37lc
23rd Jul 2016, 17:51
In my case they said immediately the result of my phone interview and they will give you even the date of the assessment.

antes56
23rd Jul 2016, 18:18
the same to me: phone call and date of interview

pilot0
23rd Jul 2016, 19:26
Hi! when the lady does not say the date of assessment in the phone call... I am sorry but I think that you did not pass the phone call. Four months ago I didn`t pass this call so I know...;)

macflea
23rd Jul 2016, 22:20
In the last 12 months are you guys seeing many late 30s early 40s guys at interviews? I know guys at this age have been called in the past but what's it like ino the last year, for 2015 and 2016.

Lokki
24th Jul 2016, 18:06
I know someone in the early 40's being hired last year..

Kudlaty
25th Jul 2016, 11:42
For anyone joining the CAE1618 course in Amsterdam, 26th September :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/942880902488125/?fref=ts

juris
26th Jul 2016, 11:19
Hi colleagues!

Just have received the good news, I passed the interview!

My contribution to this thread:

First applied 6th June
First response 16th June
Few days later - phone call interview, she told me that i passed and offered me 1st July which i was unable to attend so next call in one and half week with 20th July offered.

20th July:
I started with the technical/HR interview.

All the HR and technical q. are in this thread, except one (maybe it is here either):
Why does the horizontal stabiliser have opposite airfoil design to the wing?

Then the sim part:
EGGP(Liverpool) 27 WAL2T
Amended clearance - turn ...deg at xxNM, climb XXXXft.
Some exercices with climb, descent, acceleration, deceleration.
Position fixing, QDM interception.
Then briefing - how to enter holding pattern and app briefing. During holding - an emergency with sick passenger. Then ILS app and landing.
Same for my SIM buddy.
We both made some mistakes but we were both successful.

Then a long wait for the results and today finally a positive answer!

Good luck to everyone, and stay positive!

November India Mike
26th Jul 2016, 13:26
For anyone starting the FR1616 course in EMA the 19th September, feel free to join ! :ok:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311716505844094/

MLA737NG
26th Jul 2016, 20:18
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566603483643470/ For anyone starting their TR in Amsterdam. :)

MLA737NG
26th Jul 2016, 20:19
If anyone required some help regarding their TR in Amsterdam feel free to contact me.

zecrac
26th Jul 2016, 21:30
Hi guys

We still haven't created the FB group CAE 1616. I haven't receive any reply nor find a single pilot on fb and the group is fully booked. Guy's please PM.

Peacockk
28th Jul 2016, 14:17
Hi¡¡
Do any of you guys have had a second chance to repeat the assessment after the 15th August 2015?
Since they changed the application system...

Cheers¡ :)

darkshine
29th Jul 2016, 10:29
Hi Guys

Someone could share his experience about the phone call?

i've read in the previous pages that they asking about licence expire data, hours etc.
what about the little english test?

thank you

antes56
29th Jul 2016, 15:37
Yes, got a second chance recently ;)

jadrolinija
29th Jul 2016, 18:35
Hello guys,

Can you please tell me what is the best place to take preparations for assesment, is it Sky4U programme MCC And JOC good enough to prepare you for the simulator part of assesment?

Thank you in advance!

Teo

darkshine
29th Jul 2016, 19:48
hey Guys

I've read the prevoius post about the phone call.

Someone would like to share his experience about the part of english test?

they makes technical questions??

Thank you

john34000
29th Jul 2016, 21:03
hi guys,

I got a call today from the lady from CAE, and she asked me a few questions about my licences & flying hours and then she told me "oh nice you would like to work for Ryannair that's good, I will email you in appx one week" but she haven't told me about any assesment day, what should I think ? does anyone got invited to the assesment by email ? ... i'm kind of like "maybe i did wrong" :ugh:

AndreFranco
31st Jul 2016, 00:44
I said in this post in the previous page I would attend the assessment on July 25th but it was postponed to 15th August.

Regarding the text call, I had a very friendly and quick call confirming my minimum requirements and some expiry dates for licences.

The English test was short, like 5 or 6 sentences - initially I didn't quite understand some parts of the text so the interviewer kindly informed he would repeat it for me. After that I finished answering about 5 to 6 questions if I remember it correctly.

Best regards,

André Franco

darkshine
31st Jul 2016, 08:07
Hi AndreFranco, the question was tech or simple life?

Thank you

AndreFranco
31st Jul 2016, 10:37
The questions after the text were all related to the text, just to test your English level, non-technical questions :)

darkshine
31st Jul 2016, 10:41
so, the text i suppose isn t technical? Thank you very much..

Piloto Maluco
31st Jul 2016, 16:19
May I ask you how did you finance your TR? As I read it is required to get the money before starting the TR, BT & LN...
Because I think a high percent of you were unemployed before accepting the RYR offer

thank you

darkshine
31st Jul 2016, 22:09
The questions after the text were all related to the text, just to test your English level, non-technical questions :)
So, the text wasn't technical? Only general topic?

AndreFranco
1st Aug 2016, 14:38
Yes, it was a general topic, related to Ryanair, but the questions asked were all regarding this same text. :)

Cadillac87
1st Aug 2016, 15:19
Someone for FR1617 - SEPT 2016 ? Any facebook group?

I recently got the positive answer, and since this forum has helped me a lot I wanted to give it back.

You arrive there and the assessors will take care of you during the whole visit. Nothing different from what other candidates have explained before.

Sim session:
Got EMA, WAL2N, just after take off non standard SID procedures. Turns(no more than 25º), climbs, descents, etc; some handling exercises. The assessor is very nice, he will help you with the power settings. Don't forget all the callouts. Then vectors to station, where he stopped us and asked where were we (check your QDR and ILS DME). Cleared NDB ILS 27 with alternative procedure from the plate. Passenger heart attack and ILS landing. My partner moreless the same without alternative procedure. Just be calmed, they want to see that you are "relaxed" (easy to say).
Important: the callouts and the way you do PM is also important! Check the procedures for emergencies.

Interview:
Personal: Exactly the same than others and what do you know about ryanair. Recommend you to be honest and relaxed.

Technical:
-V2(where,how,why..)
-DA42 anti-ice
-737 sweep wing
-krueger flaps, fowler flaps
-xwind calculations
-screenheight and clearway

I am sure I am forgetting something but everything went so fast...!

My advice: be calmed, they just want to see that you prepared yourself good and you are trainable. And very important, bring ALL the documents they ask you!

Good luck to you all.

darkshine
1st Aug 2016, 15:54
Yes, it was a general topic, related to Ryanair, but the questions asked were all regarding this same text. :)
tnx AndreFranco :D

JohanP
1st Aug 2016, 20:21
Hi all!

Here is my story for the Ryanair interview.

CPL IR/ME MCC in the UK, Modular training, 1200 hours TT. 1 ATPL retake, CPL 1st time pass, IR partial!

I applied first in March 2012. I reapplied with the new system in August 2015. I got a first email in November 2015 telling me that I would get a call from CAE in the next 7 days but I never got any call. One month later, they emailed me saying that my application was on standby until further notice...

07/07: new email saying that I'll be called in the next 14 days
14/07: Call from Cindy (CAE) but I missed it as I was working. She left a voicemail saying that they would call again later.
15/07: Call from another guy (CAE), this time I answered and I passed the phone interview. He gave me the 28/07.

Ryanair Pilot Assessment Debriefing:

We met at 8 o'clock at the Ryanair headquarters. We were 8: 3 spanish, 1 italian, 1 German, 1 Swedish, 1 French and 1 from Macedonia.

We went in the briefing room and one of the assessors went through the briefing package we received by e-mail before.

Then they paired us. 4 went through the assessment in the morning and the others 4 the afternoon. So the morning was a long wait for some of us.

Started with the sim:

East Midlands runway 27
Cleared for WAL 2N, climb and maintain 5000'
After intercepting qdm 342 TNT, the assessor gave us vectors for general handling... Then, climb, descent and turns at a certain speed and bank angle.
After this, he freezed the sim and asked: show me where you are on the plate relative to EME NDB and IEME DME.
Then allowed us to prepare the aircraft for the NDB ILS DME Rwy 27 but the alternative procedure. We briefed the approach, descent Check, approach Check and configured flaps 5 170kts before passing the beacon, then intercepted localizer and glide, flew the ILS, visual on the runway about 300ft above minimas. Landed with a full stop.

My partner had exactly the same. No emergencies, no tricky stuff.
They want to see CRM and that is what we did with my partner, always talking to each other and trying to help the other as much as we could.

HR Questions

Tell us about yourself?
Why do you want to work for Ryanair?
Why did you do your training in the UK?
Have you tried ENAC selection? ENAC is the French national pilot school, the training is free if you succeed.
Have you done any others selections before?
How do you see yourself in 5 years?
If you are successfull with Ryanair, how will you manage to pay for the type rating?

Technical Questions

Questions on my current aircraft (I fly a P68B): Tell me about the electrical system? Tell me about anti / deicing system? What is the maximum ceiling?
How many seats in the 737-800?
How many cabin crew?
What is the clearway?
What's screenheight?

I got a positive email today.

As far as I know, at least 4 of us got a positive answer.
At the beginning of the day, one of the assessor told us: " You are 8, there is a place for all of you. No many airlines will tell you this... so guys! RELAX!" I can assure you than we didn't...

I have done 2 hours simulator training the day before in Dublin with simcheck.ie (http://simcheck.ie) and that was more than useful! I recommend them a lot! They are very very professional! And they know how to prepare you perfectly for the interview!

https://www.facebook.com/JohanAero33/

Arsenbim
2nd Aug 2016, 14:06
Hi guys. Anyone attending cae1620 Ams?

captain.weird
2nd Aug 2016, 16:29
Guys, is the following true? I got it from PPJN.

After successfully completing a MCC course under Ryanair standards at selected flight schools, RYR sponsors a Type-Rating on the Boeing 737-800NG, with a 5 year bond. 4/Jul/16

Lokki
2nd Aug 2016, 17:14
No not true. Rumours of of the bond have been around a long time..

Live your dream
2nd Aug 2016, 20:30
Yes it is true, it is called APC. It is a MCC/JOC followed by a TR, you will be bonded for 6 years.
What is not clear is ho you can get invited for an APC assessment, but I know guys who are being already bonded through this new path.

Cadillac87
2nd Aug 2016, 23:53
For the ones starting FR1617 EMA -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/840720619360819

stephen2688
3rd Aug 2016, 01:46
I applied over 10 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back, it's a total lottery for definite as some have only waited days before hearing back from CAE. I've completed the CTC wings course and Ryanair is supposively a 'Partner airline' but that's rubbish because CTC have no input in the recruitment process, apparently they can send an email on my behalf to CAE to let them know I'm in the system but the applications they choose definitely seems to me to be random!

P06T
3rd Aug 2016, 05:37
I applied over 10 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back, it's a total lottery for definite as some have only waited days before hearing back from CAE. I've completed the CTC wings course and Ryanair is supposively a 'Partner airline' but that's rubbish because CTC have no input in the recruitment process, apparently they can send an email on my behalf to CAE to let them know I'm in the system but the applications they choose definitely seems to me to be random!

Do you consider the CTC wings course to be beneficial in placements with other airlines?

stephen2688
3rd Aug 2016, 13:49
Do you consider the CTC wings course to be beneficial in placements with other airlines?
Definitely easyJet, over 10 cadets going there every month with TR starting sometimes within 2 weeks of getting placement, Flybe is another, quite a few going to them at the moment too

andreafrigo89
4th Aug 2016, 11:32
Hi guys!
I have been assessed for the APC 1 month ago by Ryanair and this is more or less how the program is supposed to work.
After a meeting between some flight schools and the representatives of Ryan we were told by our instructors that the company needs many pilots, preferably remaining for some time and that's why the contract is for 6 years and you will be trained for the MCC-JOC course by them. They leave to the flying school the burden of choosing who and how many guys get to the interview (the schools are chosen from Ryanair, from which statistically they hire most of pilots). Once you get the 6 years contract the company will withhold 450 € per month to pay your training (36000€ for the MCC/JOC and TR).
This is a huge opportunity in my opinion, best luck guys!!

jadrolinija
4th Aug 2016, 12:43
Can you please tell me which schools are choosen for this APC programme by Ryanair?

andreafrigo89
4th Aug 2016, 13:31
Unfortunately I don't know and I think there is not a list of the schools chosen by them. Maybe you can ask to your school! (my flight school is FTO Padova, Italy)

andy737
4th Aug 2016, 21:39
Hi everyone,

anyone planned for the AMS 1617 course?

MalikZ
5th Aug 2016, 11:34
Hi

anyone planned for the assessment on 15th of August... I was supposed to go there 25th july, but at the phone interview i've asked to postpone to August, and the guy told me the 15th was available.

Does anyone has the APC briefing pack? or have any infos about APC assessment.

Thanks

mateusz
5th Aug 2016, 12:05
All tech exam questions in an app https://goo.gl/cLXFiW

captain.weird
5th Aug 2016, 16:17
Hi Malik,

How did you apply as APC?

Regards

Lokki
5th Aug 2016, 21:43
If RYR are bonding pilots, it means they really are keen to get as many pilots on board as they can..

Means those who can self fund are in with a very good chance!

Crive22
6th Aug 2016, 06:08
Ciao Andrea, soon stato contattato ankio da Ryan mi hanno chiesto dei documenti da inviare, ancora non ho data dell' assessment , te sei gia' andato? Hai news del bond??

ShyTallKnight
6th Aug 2016, 09:41
Here's hoping! :):}

TFVSC
6th Aug 2016, 14:57
Good afternoon guys,
For the ones that have already gone for the Assessment, did you buy one of those "information packages" from flightdeckfriend or any other website with the information about the assessment? Do you recomend it?

Marlboro007
6th Aug 2016, 14:59
Hi Guys
I got the phone interview last week.
They offered me the assessment on 17th august but i was unable so the girl told me
To contact her as soon sa possible

Anyone has email?
Because now I m ready to book for the assessment.

Crive22
7th Aug 2016, 07:40
Hi, they have contacted me 2 days ago and asked me to send the atpl frozen in English version not in Italian, I have only that version ,and also a reference letter to pass cal examinations do you think that maybe asking to enac??????

Marlboro007
7th Aug 2016, 16:45
Crive22

In August is very difficult

Anyway you need to send the request by PEC and in 2 weeks you will get the certification.paying 94 euro

http://www.enac.gov.it/La_Regolazione_per_la_Sicurezza/Licenze_del_Personale/Personale_di_Volo/Piloti/Modulistica_Piloti/info110071713.html

darkshine
8th Aug 2016, 11:31
For all italian guys,about the original CPL IR skill test, we are unable to provide the original one, because the documents are on enac offices. They only could give the copy..what have you done?

Thanks a lot

Falcon37lc
8th Aug 2016, 12:43
In my case, my FTO had a copy of the CPR/IR Skill test report and I used the copy of those document at the assessment and there wasn't any problem related to that.
You should ask to your FTO, if they haven't a copy, try to contact the flight examiner you had for the CPL/IR exams.
Cheers :ok:

darkshine
8th Aug 2016, 14:51
Ok i sent you a pm. Thank you

dondapin12
9th Aug 2016, 12:01
Hi, about the call... I had it and they didn't say anything about an assessment date at the end of that call, all they said was that "we would be in touch". So regarding what I had read in the forum I thought I was out... WRONG! They called the next day and offered me a date :) I hope this helps the hopes of some of who will be reading this.

BTW, anyone scheduled for an assessment the 26th?

Lokki
9th Aug 2016, 15:01
Completely off topic, but anyone who flies for Ryanair, could you tell us how many hours per day/week you fly?

darkshine
9th Aug 2016, 16:27
Anyone in Dublin for the assessment on 18 aug?

captain almighty
9th Aug 2016, 21:25
Hi all, anyone scheduled for the assessment day on Tuesday 16th at Dublin ?

AndreFranco
10th Aug 2016, 09:55
I'm going to the assessment on the 15th, Monday.
It seems there are lots of assessments happening in the next week!

collinnathan
10th Aug 2016, 10:22
Hi guys,

So I know that before, CAE Amsterdam was calling, now it is Dublin calling on behalf of Amsterdam, and at the end of the phone call, they say that they will transfer the results to CAE Amsterdam and they will contact you by mail or by phone. The phone call from Dublin went pretty good, at the end I even asked her feedback. She said she couldn't say anything, but after insisting a little she giggled and said that my english was pretty good and the answers at her questions were all correct so she was quite positive about it. Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks in advance!!:}

ValePilot
10th Aug 2016, 12:49
Anyone starting the OCC in East Midlands on 15th August?
For DEFO.

collinnathan
10th Aug 2016, 14:38
Hi guys,

I was contacted from Dublin and not from CAE AMS and after all the call that went really good, she said she would transfer the infos to Amsterdam. We are 3 guys in this case. Anyone else the same situation? I have the impression they changed their way of choosing their people. Because she even said to one of them, "you succeeded" but didn't give an interview date.

Thanks in advance!!

dreamhi
10th Aug 2016, 16:42
Hey,

Anyone on CAE 1620 AMS?

Cheers

Arnim
10th Aug 2016, 18:05
I'm in for the assessment on the 16th

vicsou
11th Aug 2016, 14:57
I'll also be there the 16th

Tiago105
11th Aug 2016, 17:11
I'll be there on the 16th too .

captain almighty
11th Aug 2016, 20:17
Hello, I will be there as well on Tuesday 16th.

stephen2688
11th Aug 2016, 22:01
During the Ryanair application where it asks for Total flying hours, should I include any sim time in this total along with aircraft time?

SeventhHeaven
11th Aug 2016, 23:49
During the Ryanair application where it asks for Total flying hours, should I include any sim time in this total along with aircraft time?

They're asking for total flying time. They shouldn't even need to include the word 'flying', as sim time is never* counted towards total aeronautical experience. It is highly frowned upon and does not give a good impression, when a low hr pilots tries to inflate his TT this way. I don't get why some schools don't hammer this into their students from day one. Filling out a logbook should be pretty basic stuff.

*excl class D sims

MLA737NG
12th Aug 2016, 11:21
Best of luck for the interview on the 16th guys :)

CAE RYR TRI

zubairways
12th Aug 2016, 12:47
Question for the guys who’ve got an assessment booked next week, how long has the wait been (Captain almighty, Tiago105, Vicsou, Arnim)? My Sim partner was called within three days of applying, this is my first post on PPRUNE but from reading all that’s above there’s no apparent structure of how individuals get selected for the assessment right?

Tiago105
12th Aug 2016, 13:21
Question for the guys who’ve got an assessment booked next week, how long has the wait been (Captain almighty, Tiago105, Vicsou, Arnim)? My Sim partner was called within three days of applying, this is my first post on PPRUNE but from reading all that’s above there’s no apparent structure of how individuals get selected for the assessment right?
I was called 12 days after I applied.

JohanP
12th Aug 2016, 15:09
Hi,

Anyone on CAE 1619 AMS, let me know.

See you

vicsou
12th Aug 2016, 19:46
Hello zubairways,

I've been waiting a year before any reply from them !
Just keep your calm and focus on enhancing your career mate ;)

cheers

TFVSC
13th Aug 2016, 09:08
Anyone for the Dublin Assessment on the 25th August?

jadrolinija
13th Aug 2016, 10:39
Tiago, Can you please tell me about your theoretical pass scores? (1st attempt,average above 88% I suppose)?

Tiago105
13th Aug 2016, 11:16
Tiago, Can you please tell me about your theoretical pass scores? (1st attempt,average above 88% I suppose)?
hey, 91% average and one second attempt (went to the exam over confident i guess xP)

Fulcrum971
13th Aug 2016, 20:44
Hello guys!

Anyone for the Dublin assessment on 26th of august?

kevin_rietveld
14th Aug 2016, 16:55
Anyone in CAE 1617 in AMS here is the facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/935991579859605/

dondapin12
15th Aug 2016, 15:55
Hello guys!

Anyone for the Dublin assessment on 26th of august?
I'm on the 26th too

zubairways
15th Aug 2016, 17:00
Good Luck and all the very best to all those who have an Assessment tommorow, hope you guys all get through with ease...In the meantime from the rest of us our phones are on loud and glued to our pockets 😜

4flyhigh
15th Aug 2016, 18:02
Hello guys
I'm in Dublin assessment on 26th of august.. Anyone else?

Fulcrum971
16th Aug 2016, 19:29
Hello guys
I'm in Dublin assessment on 26th of august.. Anyone else?

Yeah, me and Dondapin12.

Moorzy0201
17th Aug 2016, 07:40
Do RYR still ask for 1st time passes in all ATPL subjects? If so has anyone been given a 2nd opportunity from CAE at the phone call stage?

ROAW
17th Aug 2016, 11:52
For those who start on OCT 17th (CAE 1620 FB GROUP) (https://www.facebook.com/groups/946395335482915/)

psvsa
17th Aug 2016, 17:33
Has anyone from last week's assessments got the results already?

speed_alive_rotate
18th Aug 2016, 07:58
A huge number of people on this forum attended on the 16th , how did it go for you guys??
Please can you share your experience with those who are waiting.
Hope it went well for you all.

Regards,
SAR

flyingsystem
18th Aug 2016, 13:15
Hello guys!
First grateful of all the feedback on this topic! Will do the same if I get the call/assessment.

I got one question: when you say "alternative procedure", do they talk about this in advance ? Or you have to just do an "alternative procedure" because of the vectoring?
Thanks in advance!

spaflyer
18th Aug 2016, 14:36
Hi guys, I know it's quite variable but can you please comment how long since you applied till you get call? Just to get an idea! Thanks!

FerrisBueller
18th Aug 2016, 16:47
By alternative procedure I assume you mean at East Midlands (EGNX). Have a look at the plates for the ILS Rwy 09 & 27 and you will see the alternative procedure which is basically a self positioning from the applicable NDB (EME for Rwy27 or EMW for Rwy09).

JohanP
18th Aug 2016, 20:28
I got one question: when you say "alternative procedure", do they talk about this in advance ? Or you have to just do an "alternative procedure" because of the vectoring?
The alternative procedure is described on the Jeppesen plate you get. As it is said, it is an alternative way of doing the approach and not the standard published on the chart. You have a small placard on the plate saying for example: Alternative procedure --> Fly heading 130° until you reach 7DME... then turn left to intercept localizer...
It is as simple as that :)

andreafrigo89
18th Aug 2016, 22:01
Hi guys!
Is there anyone on the APC 1602 EMA starting in October?
Anyone has more information about the APC course in general and what is the remote learning we're supposed to do at the beginning?
Thanks

flyingsystem
18th Aug 2016, 22:34
The alternative procedure is described on the Jeppesen plate you get. As it is said, it is an alternative way of doing the approach and not the standard published on the chart. You have a small placard on the plate saying for example: Alternative procedure --> Fly heading 130° until you reach 7DME... then turn left to intercept localizer...
It is as simple as that :)
Thanks for clarifying! ;)

Challenger85
19th Aug 2016, 08:43
Hi andreafrigo89. I'm in APC 1602 as well starting on October. Contact me in pvt. ��

JGEALPHA
19th Aug 2016, 14:47
Hey guys,

Anyone here for the 1619 Cae course in AMS??

cerbere
22nd Aug 2016, 12:06
Hello guys,
Anyone on the September 1st interview in Dublin ?

Marlboro007
22nd Aug 2016, 12:42
assessment on 2nd september :D

padigs
22nd Aug 2016, 14:37
I will be in Dublin september 1st

phontik
22nd Aug 2016, 16:20
Hi guys,

Thought i'd share my experience with you guys, as this forum has helped me alot to know what to expect on the day!

I arrived at Ryanair headquarters on Thursday 16th August where I met the other interviewees and we were greeted by one of the assesors which then gave us an extensive brief about the simulator exercise and allowed us to ask any questions we had. We were then grouped up into pairs (people who did their MCC on the 737 with people who hadn't done it on the 737) and gave us the charts for the day, our clearance, and the metar so that we could discuss with our partner.

We were then randomly chosen to pass through the Tecnical/Personal Interview while some went into the sim.

VERY IMPORTANT! bring ALL the paper work they ask! I couldn't bring one of the 2 references they asked and they wouldn't start the interview without it! But managed to get one sent to my email quickly over the phone!

Personal Qs:
Why Ryanair?
What qualities would you bring to Ryanair?
Have you applied somewhere else?
what do you think of your training recieved at your flight school?
and a couple more which I cant really remember...

Tecnical Qs:
Why does the 737 have sweepback?
How many seats on the 737?
How to recover from a spin?
what is the defenition of the stall?
at what AOA do aircraft normaly stall?
OAT Limit of you current a/c?
and then he asked me a bunch of things about my job (flight Instructor).

Simulator:

Liverpool EGGP WAL 2T SID and NDB ILS 27 (that was the plan anyway).
They want you to brief your partner before the sim, they don't want to waste time in the sim! so your departure brief doesnt get assesed, you basically get in, ask for the checklist and clearance and of you go!

I got an ammendment due to traffic RWY hdg upto 3 dme then right hdg 360 climbing to 5000' after some GH climbing, descending, turning we were frozen and asked where are we? after that, simulated toilet fire, and back to the ndb ils 27 which for me was straight into the base turn and on short final with rwy in sight, GS and LOC failure so continued visual to land. My partner had the same emergency but got vectored onto a 10 mile final to land also with LOC and GS failure. no go arounds.

I got a positive reply today!

Hope this helps for anyone coming upto a ryanair assesment!

speed_alive_rotate
23rd Aug 2016, 08:11
Have any of the people on here who attended on the 16th received any news regarding their assessment.
As there was so many of you on this forum who attended could at least one or two please post your experiences of the assessment day , as this thread is here to help everyone.
I hope you were all successful and can pass on all your experience to those still waiting.

Regards,
SAR

spaflyer
23rd Aug 2016, 08:17
Hi guys, when did you applied and when did you get the call?

JohanP
23rd Aug 2016, 20:46
Facebook group for CAE 1619 in AMS, feel free to join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1787442878136829/

DALTA
24th Aug 2016, 09:29
Hi, about the call... I had it and they didn't say anything about an assessment date at the end of that call, all they said was that "we would be in touch". So regarding what I had read in the forum I thought I was out... WRONG! They called the next day and offered me a date :) I hope this helps the hopes of some of who will be reading this.

BTW, anyone scheduled for an assessment the 26th?

I just received the phone call and didn't get any assessment date but every time she said "great , great" and at the end she told me that I will receive a call or a mail from CAE Amsterdam after having discussed about my interview. I hope I m not out ! Everything went good

spaflyer
24th Aug 2016, 09:34
DALTA when did you applied?

DALTA
24th Aug 2016, 09:40
Hi guys,

So I know that before, CAE Amsterdam was calling, now it is Dublin calling on behalf of Amsterdam, and at the end of the phone call, they say that they will transfer the results to CAE Amsterdam and they will contact you by mail or by phone. The phone call from Dublin went pretty good, at the end I even asked her feedback. She said she couldn't say anything, but after insisting a little she giggled and said that my english was pretty good and the answers at her questions were all correct so she was quite positive about it. Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks in advance!!:}

Did you received an answer finally ?

DALTA
24th Aug 2016, 09:41
DALTA when did you applied?

3 years ago and when the system changed in August 2015

spaflyer
24th Aug 2016, 09:43
WTF... 1 year later then... thanks for the info mate.

speed_alive_rotate
24th Aug 2016, 10:03
I wouldn't waste my time worrying about the "process" that people are selected gents you will drive yourself crazy!!

Some candidates don't hear anything for years , others 2 weeks , and others get a second chance after being unsuccessful....its a crazy system and I truly hope that the hierarchy at Ryanair know how many decent candidates are going unselected by whatever strategy CAE are employing and loosing out on those people as they move to another airline- which I will be doing. Although Ryanair would of been my preference I am unwilling to wait for years!!!

93% average ATPL , first time pass in both flight exams and MCC on 737 800. Not a hint of being called , who knows what they are looking for!!

AMS
24th Aug 2016, 11:50
speed alive rotate....

I agree with you and I know what you mean. They don't care tbh.

No one does - you and I are only a number mate

HLYtaste
24th Aug 2016, 12:32
I just received the phone call and didn't get any assessment date but every time she said "great , great" and at the end she told me that I will receive a call or a mail from CAE Amsterdam after having discussed about my interview. I hope I m not out ! Everything went good

Same thing here. Hopefully they will call us soon.

My background 1250 hours all piston faa and caa uk licenses and instruction in the US.
90% average in atpl exams all flight exams passed first try but the girl didnt ask about the average.

She also said i would hopefully hear through email, so will see. Honestly Ryanair gives us the best chance in Europe to fly the dream. Reading past pages is not very nice but like you guys said they changed the process so...

speed_alive_rotate
24th Aug 2016, 14:23
They are not the only show in town though, there is also the likes of Norwegian, Easy , Jet2 etc.
Excellent time to be searching for a job on the flight deck as things have not been this good in a long time!!

VDK
24th Aug 2016, 15:49
Hi guys,

I would like Some advice about the hotel. I Will be in Dublin from 31 august to 03 september with an assessment on 2nd september. And i would like the hotel nearest from the Ryanair's HQ.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

spaflyer
24th Aug 2016, 15:53
VDK hotel is in Swords, Premier Inn is at walking distance, other options: Maldron at Airport, Radisson Blue, are good ones with taxi at 5 or 10 minutes and not more than 10-15 euros per ride. Look on Airbnb also as an option.

VDK
24th Aug 2016, 19:08
Thanks for your reply Premier Inn Will be perfect if it's at walking distance from Ryanair's HQ.

captain almighty
24th Aug 2016, 21:39
Hi all,

I read earlier one of you wished a recent feedback from the 16th Aug assessment day, here it comes. And as this thread's helped me a lot, I'd like to help as well with my feedback about the Ryanair assessment day.

First, I applied on July 2015 with the CAE new system and kept updating it.
End of July this year (i.e. 2016): CAE email "we received airline approval etc..."
One week later: Phone call from CAE, very friendly, very straightforward; just some basic questions about your flight time, license and medical expiring dates, if ATPL CPL and IR on 1st time pass and to finish it the man on the phone read a brief text and asked 4 questions to check your english level. He gave then the date for the assessment on Aug 16th.

We were all greeted by one of the assessors, they are all very friendly and do a lot so that you feel relaxed and comfortable. He gave us a review of the briefing pack we all received a couple of days earlier and eventually we were paired up.
My sim partner and I were the 1st to get into the sim: I started as PM and we swapped after the first session. EGGP RWY27 SID WAL2T 4000ft but we had amended clearance a certain assigned heading and altitude (sorry don't remember...).
Then some turns, acceleration, deceleration, climb, descent, NDB Tracking to begin the full procedural ILS NDB 27, "point me on the chart where we are" and "ok guys, we have a serious passenger condition, no doctor on board, what do we do?"=> Control transfer to your partner, FORDEC then NITS, radio calls, Descent and approach checklist and soon after that, localizer interception for a full stop landing.
My partner had no emergency, and had vectors to the loc.
One advise: Always bear in mind you are flying as a crew so act like a crew! CRM CRM! And help your partner. Stick to the speeds, altitudes and headings; if necessary correct it right away and announce it clearly "Correcting altitude" and so on.
Once again, quite easy, very friendly atmosphere, very straightforward.

The interview questions were:
HR: - Have you ever had a student who had difficulties ? And what did you do ? (I am a Flight Instructor)
- Did you try ENAC? (the most famous french flight academy)
- what qualities could you bring to Ryanair?
- Do you have friends working for us ?
-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
And some more general questions I can't really remember.

Tech: - What is V2 and where is it located? - What is the screen height ? -what is TORA/TODA? Clearway? -De ice and anti ice systems on the 737 and DA42?

I got the good news 6 days later and obviously really happy ! :)

PS: The day before the assessment I went to Upilot (www.upilot.ie | Flight Simulation Specialists (http://www.upilot.ie)) located in Dublin airport. Very realistic simulator, very handy to get used with the instrument layout and to the different calls. Very affordable fares! I must say they will prepare you for the assessment like pros and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. On top of it, very friendly team, they did top notch work for me providing great service.

Steve037
25th Aug 2016, 15:03
Is there anyone for APC1602 for october? :)

DALTA
26th Aug 2016, 08:56
Hey guys, I got the phone call from AMS yesterday, invited to the interview on 07/09, anyone else the same date ? :) I will be there from the 05/09 to the 08/09

Guillaume60
26th Aug 2016, 09:07
Hello

Got the same call yesterday for the 7th of September

DALTA
26th Aug 2016, 19:01
Hello

Got the same call yesterday for the 7th of September

Check your inbox 👍 :)

AndreFranco
26th Aug 2016, 23:02
Since this thread helped me so much and other pilots as well, I will give my feedback on the assessment I went, on 15th August.

I arrived at 2pm the day before and came back to Portugal the day after in the early morning - Coming early is very good because it allows us to get to know the place.
I chose Travelodge Dublin North which is 3 minutes walking from the hotel door to the door of Ryanair HQ and it was good, cheap and did the job (the wifi was a bit messy to be as there was some strange registration process, maybe I didn't quite understand it)

That morning I arrived about 10 minutes before and met my colleagues for that day who were all very friendly.
We waited for our assessor to come (Capt. Frank) and after he guided us through the building.

The building is very modern, colourful and the people who work at Ryanair are all very friendly, the atmosphere is very relaxed - there were some jokes as well to get us a little more relaxed/less tense.

We (we were 7 that day) then went to a briefing room where Frank ran through the briefing pack and showed us the charts for that day - Dublin airport. We were told about the meteo and departure clearance as well, straight away.
This day was an APC assessment day, so me and a colleague got paired for the sim since we were the only ones having already an MCC course.
There is enough time to discuss with your parter what you will do in the sim, special callouts you might want to do, briefing the task sharing and emergency procedures.

We went first to the sim and I volunteered to be PF first.
So we already had the clearance and the meteo information (wind 310/10, visibility 8000, cloud base at 800' broken, BR) but again in the sim we ask for the departure clearance (it was the same as before - after departure on Rwy 28, straight ahed Rwy heading until 2 DME, after that right turn heading 360º climbing 5000')
The sim was already prepared with all the frequencies properly set, but of course it should be confirmed.

The departure briefing is performed as we were indicated in the briefing pack - Brief the departure (including vertical and horizontal profiles), nav aids and respective selections (including the RMI needles), throttle handling procedure (who holds the throttles, when, how will it be managed) and I also included a brief emergency briefing (as I think it's good airmanship and it is also done in a real flight, which is what we are trying to simulate here). My emergency briefing included emergencies up to 80kt, between 80kt and V1, after V1.

Request all the checklists (the assessor will facilitate them, calling "complete" after the checklist is asked).

One note: the departure is performed with the autothrottle engaged up to the thrust reduction altitude and flight directors on - in speed and heading mode, so when we need to turn, you might want to antecipate and it has to be done via the heading knob, the flight directors are not in VNAV/LNAV!

After the departure was performed, we were given diferent headings, speed increment up to 250kt and decrement back to 220kt, I don't recall if we had to climb too and descend and then we were told to proceed to the NDB. Our QDM was asked and then we were instructed to intercept another QDM about 20 to 30º to the side of the one we were before.
When we were asked about the QDM make sure you read the ident of the station in your ND, you don't want to look for the QDM of the wrong station!

We were asked to enter a hold after passing the station and when this happened the assessor acting as the purser informed that there was smoke in the cabin (eventually it turned into flames).

Now in theory the emergency shouldn't be too hard to deal with following a basic task management sequence - Readback the problem to the purser and tell him to standby for a NITS briefing, handing over the controls to the F/O and performing a briefing, like a DODAR. After deciding what to do together, accordingly declare a PAN/MAYDAY and briefing the purser after.

The issue is that you might have to find the proper timing to hand over the controls to your F/O (not in the middle of trimming the aircraft for example) and then the ATC will be calling for us to climb or descend or proceed to a heading which is not desirable.

Good task management is very important so try to properly brief this with your partner before.
After dealing with the emergency I didn't have time to brief the purser - the assessor freezed the sim and positioned us in the ILS, at 6 DME more or less, fully configured and briefings and checklists considered done - ILS is raw data.
We proceeded, after having the field insight there was an ILS failure so we continued visually. I was able to land and then we changed roles.

I will again tell what I was told and read here in the forum.
In the sim you are not expected to fly it perfectly. If you are not the best with the handling you might be taught during the type rating but you cannot be told how to decide, and that is a huge part of what they want to see.
They want to see if we are trainable, they want to see if the react positively to the disturbances in the flight path (ex., lowering the nose to descend if we are too high and not the opposite!), how we handle stress, how we decide and prioritize tasks, how we communicate with our partner and how we help each other (CRM, basically, again, a huge part in the sim).

Try to help your parter the best you can, calling for distances to go, altitudes, important deviations in the parameters (callout when needed, speed, course, altitude, with the PF acknowledging "correcting"), call the altitudes for thrust reduction and acceleration - there are not specific procedures regarding these calls, so use common sense and try to help your partner the best you can, it's the PF responsability to call for climb thrust, but the thrust reduction altitude can easily pass unnoticed when we are focused flying.

In my case I didn't remember to call for the after take-off checklist in time and my parter helped me, recalling me - if this happens, which is normal and it only shows good CRM, remind the PF to call for the checklist in a friendly tone like you really want to help and maintain a good CRM. It couldn't be worse than to blame the other crew member if he/she forgot something!

Another note: When you are instructed to to something (proceed to a holding, climb, descend), check if there are any restrictions: Speed restrictions for the holding, MHA, MSA, because you might be instructed to descend below the MS, for example and of course that is not what it is supposed.
Also, when instructed to perform a speed reduction below 210kt do not forget the flaps!

The sim session goes by pretty quick, and the assessor is very very friendly and wants to help us - everything is explained and in case we are missing a thrust setting or an attitude reference, we are reminded of those so that we can get back on track :)

Being in the simulator is also very nice, it looks pretty much like the real cockpit so it is very exciting!

After this I went to the room we were until I got called for the interview. Again, they were very very friendly and they try to get us relaxed.
First I had some questions about my favourite ATPL subjects and my questions were related to those actually - Forces acting on an aircraft, what causes lift, what cause drag, what are the different types of drag, how does a lenticular cloud look like, seats in a Ryanair 737-800.
For the HR questions I was asked to tell a little about myself, why Ryanair, how would I feel having to do another MCC course (again, this is due to the APC assessment), how to deal with a difficult captain.

After the friendly interview I proceeded back to the room and stood there until everyone finished with the interviews.
(The day started at 8am and finished at aound 4pm)

Don't forget to bring all the paperwork as it is very important and everything is needed - also bring a smile, a positive atittude and confidence. Being nervous is very normal, but it will eventually go away as we get comfortable :)

Also, I went to a local sort of homemade 737 simulador to be familiar with the handling and cockpit layout - Did 5h in it (Half of that PM, half PF).
Even though, the way I think I practised the most was actually flying the PMDG 737 in FSX - it really really helped me to get proficient with the instrument scanning, specially during an ILS, as well as all the configuration changes and their sequence, power settings and atittudes to fly.
If you want to practice it in your FSX i think the gross weight of the aircraft is in the order of 62/65000Kg.

I do apologize for the long post, but I hope it helps.

Now I'm placed in course APC 1602.

Good luck to you all!

André Franco

Piloto Maluco
27th Aug 2016, 08:28
Thanks a lot for this André!!!

Nordavind
28th Aug 2016, 08:06
I missed the phone call, but they left a voicemail saying that they will try to contact me later that day, but that did not happen. Wondering if they will call me this upcoming week... anyone experienced this?

Lokki
28th Aug 2016, 11:10
Nordavind, they will call you. You've clearly got their attention and on they're list. Some have been called back weeks later. Congrats mate, not everyone gets the call

Nordavind
28th Aug 2016, 14:48
Nordavind, they will call you. You've clearly got their attention and on they're list. Some have been called back weeks later. Congrats mate, not everyone gets the call
Ok. I hope you are right Lokki :)
Its kind of weird because I sent in my application 2 years ago, and last weekend I updated it, and the day after I got an email saying that they gonna call me.

28th Aug 2016, 15:47
Hi,

Can anyone explain about the APC course that Andre got?

- Is this an MCC course?
- If you do good in this course, you go directly to the type rating or you have to do another assessment ?
- If I get this right, in the case of Andre, he will have to pay APC+Type rating.

Thanks in advance

JohanP
28th Aug 2016, 19:43
I missed the call too. Then, I sent a mail saying when was best to call me (the following morning) and they called me at that time!

RadioStar737
29th Aug 2016, 03:17
Does anybody know how long you have to wait before you can reapply after an unsuccessful interview? I had an interview in June, I heard I can do it again in 6 months or does anybody know of someone getting a second chance and getting in?

vicsou
29th Aug 2016, 23:19
Hello there !

I had my assessment the same day as Captain almighty so pretty much the same debriefing !

I can nonetheless add some interview questions :
-At which attempt did you get the ENAC ?
-What did you learn from your MCC ?
-What are your flaws ?
-What can you bring to Ryanair ?
-Can you pay for the type rating ?

And some technical ones :
-How many aircraft do we have ?
-How many soul on board ?
-Why swept wing ?
-What risk if you overreach Mcrit ?
-What kind of flaps ?

Good luck everyone !

vicsou
29th Aug 2016, 23:22
Here is a place to discuss for the fellow CAE 1621 https://www.facebook.com/groups/630491443779963/?notif_t=group_added_to_group&notif_id=1472512366879878

ciaddi
30th Aug 2016, 13:52
Hey guys, a quick question...I've done the interview, am I expecting an email for the result would it be negative or positive?

Do negative result get an answer or simply it stays "unresponded"???

Any feedback from who was unsuccessful?

Thanks

ciaddi
30th Aug 2016, 13:56
Hey guys, does unsuccessful interview get an answer by email too?
I know positive ones of course get an answer.

But what about negative? Do they get a feedback too, or it simply ends there without an answer?

Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

bostad
30th Aug 2016, 15:21
Hi all,

What kind of academic qualification reference do they need? Is it a proof that you are able to attend university or that you have completed your school in your homecountry?
I dont quite get it. Can someone help? What did you bring with you for the interview?

dondapin12
30th Aug 2016, 19:19
Got the positive answer recently :D

Since pprune helped me a lot in getting prepared for the assessment, I want to share my experience so others can benefit from it:

Less than a week after I applied, I got an email saying that they would call me within the next 14 days. I was called on the 3rd one for the phone interview, and the next day I was called again to be offered an assessment date. I couldn’t attend that day, I explained the reason and they kindly offered another date. (When talking about days I mean WORKING days)

The day before the assessment I booked a sim prep session in Simtech (Dublin). It was of invaluable help, and if I went back in time, I would go there again. It probably made the difference for the next day.

On the assessment day, the assessors were really nice and tried to make us feel relaxed. You start at 8.00 am with a briefing on how will the day go on, and some basic things about the simulator (pfd, nd, toga buttons, flight profiles…). You are also told in which airport are you going to fly from that day, the SID clearance and the METAR. In my case it was Liverpool RWY 27, SID WAL2T, and the met conditions were 300/10KT 8000 OVC008.

Then I went into the tech/personal interview, and the questions I can remember are:
Cruising altitude along a transatlantic flight
VOR range
INS, IRS
Great circle/rhumb line
They would draw a great circle in the northern hemisphere curved towards the Equator. It is wrong and explain why.
Is it faster to travel over the Atlantic westbound or eastbound?
737 pax, engines, absolute ceiling, flight controls, hydraulic systems and pressure
Some basic questions about my MEP aircraft during flight training
Type and number of fleet in RYR.
Why do you want to work for RYR?
Have you applied to other airlines? Which ones?
Do you have any friends working in RYR?
How can your academic background help you in the cockpit?
When can you start? Base preferences?
Can you self-fund your TR?
Also a presentation about myself and some political information about my country.

After that, we went into the sim. Short departure briefing and then takeoff. Amended clearance during the SID, turn right hdg 360 and climb 5000 ft. Then some maneuvers (climb, descend, turn, increase/decrease speed). Then we were frozen and asked to point in the app plate where we were. After that, continue flying, asked QDM to the locator, and ATC called to clear us to fly inbound with a different QDM. When we were approaching the locator, ATC clearance to hold, asked which entry into the hold and suddenly the assessor acting as cabin crew no. 1 comes and says we have a fire onboard, or that we have a dying passenger. Hand over control to the PM, brief DODAR, NITS, take back control, declare mayday or pan pan and ask for vectors to come back to land. ATC will probably answer that vectors are unavailable and probably give you an undesired clearance, so don’t be pleased with it. Request what you want. Then raw data full NDB ILS procedure to land again in RWY 27 Liverpool, and ILS failure on final approach. We were visual so decided to continue. My partner got roughly the same exercises, changing altitudes, headings, QDM, type of emergency…

Bear in mind that you are assessed both as PF and as PM, they want to see good CRM. It’s not a big deal if your handling skills aren’t perfect, after all, you are not type rated. What matters is that both of you have good communication. If you make a mistake (turn the wrong side into the holding entry, have difficulty finding that new QDM, or struggle to follow the ILS) it won’t be that important if your partner corrects you. It is OK to ask your partner to advise you before a turn, when to deploy the flaps… So try to release workload when acting as PF.

Also the briefings are important. Although you don’t have much time to do them, since you won’t be for long in the simulator, make good and concise briefings in a methodic manner and try not to forget any important aspect (MHA, max speeds…)

Best of luck to all of you :)

AndreFranco
30th Aug 2016, 22:31
Hi,

Can anyone explain about the APC course that Andre got?

- Is this an MCC course?
- If you do good in this course, you go directly to the type rating or you have to do another assessment ?
- If I get this right, in the case of Andre, he will have to pay APC+Type rating.

Thanks in advance
That's a good question, not even me that I was selected know the exact plan and details for the APC course.

HereRyanair pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Ryanair)
we can find in the "scholorship" section an information that makes us think we need to pass the MCC that is part of the APC successfully. I hope there is no doubt wether we will proceed to the Type Rating course or not...

But if successful, the course cost will later on be deducted in our payment after each month.

I'm lookinf forward to get more information regarding the program as well.

@ RadioStar737, I've heard of those 6 months before reapplying as well.

darkshine
31st Aug 2016, 14:58
Got the positive answer recently :D

Since pprune helped me a lot in getting prepared for the assessment, I want to share my experience so others can benefit from it:

Less than a week after I applied, I got an email saying that they would call me within the next 14 days. I was called on the 3rd one for the phone interview, and the next day I was called again to be offered an assessment date. I couldn’t attend that day, I explained the reason and they kindly offered another date. (When talking about days I mean WORKING days)

The day before the assessment I booked a sim prep session in Simtech (Dublin). It was of invaluable help, and if I went back in time, I would go there again. It probably made the difference for the next day.

On the assessment day, the assessors were really nice and tried to make us feel relaxed. You start at 8.00 am with a briefing on how will the day go on, and some basic things about the simulator (pfd, nd, toga buttons, flight profiles…). You are also told in which airport are you going to fly from that day, the SID clearance and the METAR. In my case it was Liverpool RWY 27, SID WAL2T, and the met conditions were 300/10KT 8000 OVC008.

Then I went into the tech/personal interview, and the questions I can remember are:
Cruising altitude along a transatlantic flight
VOR range
INS, IRS
Great circle/rhumb line
They would draw a great circle in the northern hemisphere curved towards the Equator. It is wrong and explain why.
Is it faster to travel over the Atlantic westbound or eastbound?
737 pax, engines, absolute ceiling, flight controls, hydraulic systems and pressure
Some basic questions about my MEP aircraft during flight training
Type and number of fleet in RYR.
Why do you want to work for RYR?
Have you applied to other airlines? Which ones?
Do you have any friends working in RYR?
How can your academic background help you in the cockpit?
When can you start? Base preferences?
Also a presentation about myself and some political information about my country.

After that, we went into the sim. Short departure briefing and then takeoff. Amended clearance during the SID, turn right hdg 360 and climb 5000 ft. Then some maneuvers (climb, descend, turn, increase/decrease speed). Then we were frozen and asked to point in the app plate where we were. After that, continue flying, asked QDM to the locator, and ATC called to clear us to fly inbound with a different QDM. When we were approaching the locator, ATC clearance to hold, asked which entry into the hold and suddenly the assessor acting as cabin crew no. 1 comes and says we have a fire onboard, or that we have a dying passenger. Hand over control to the PM, brief DODAR, NITS, take back control, declare mayday or pan pan and ask for vectors to come back to land. ATC will probably answer that vectors are unavailable and probably give you an undesired clearance, so don’t be pleased with it. Request what you want. Then raw data full NDB ILS procedure to land again in RWY 27 Liverpool, and ILS failure on final approach. We were visual so decided to continue. My partner got roughly the same exercises, changing altitudes, headings, QDM, type of emergency…

Bear in mind that you are assessed both as PF and as PM, they want to see good CRM. It’s not a big deal if your handling skills aren’t perfect, after all, you are not type rated. What matters is that both of you have good communication. If you make a mistake (turn the wrong side into the holding entry, have difficulty finding that new QDM, or struggle to follow the ILS) it won’t be that important if your partner corrects you. It is OK to ask your partner to advise you before a turn, when to deploy the flaps… So try to release workload when acting as PF.

Also the briefings are important. Although you don’t have much time to do them, since you won’t be for long in the simulator, make good and concise briefings in a methodic manner and try not to forget any important aspect (MHA, max speeds…)

Best of luck to all of you :)
Hey Dondapin12, how long have you been waiting for the answere after the assesment?

thank you

dondapin12
31st Aug 2016, 15:56
@darkshine: the 2nd working day after the assessment I had the answer.

Hope it helps!

Mario21
31st Aug 2016, 19:39
Hey guys,

one question please guys I had the mail for the phone interview in the 14 coming days, how long have you been waiting for the call ?

Thank you

Best of luck to all of you ;)

Nordavind
1st Sep 2016, 12:11
Mario21, They called me 2 days after I received the email.

I have attended to the phone interview and they told me to expect a call or email with the interview date. I dont know if thats a negative sign, but I havent heard anything after the phone interview for like 4-5 days now....

renren
1st Sep 2016, 12:38
I had the call 5 days after the mail but missed it.
I emailed as instructed to be called again. They called me again 3 days later and did the phone interview. It was as previously described in this forum. She read a text twice and asked few questions about it. The text was easy but her strong indian accent wasn't so easy to understand, I missed the point sometimes !

It seems I am in the same case as some people here, I didn't get any assessment date. She told me I will be contacted by phone/email.
I have been waiting for 3 days now, hope I am not out :(

Any news from the guys who were in this case as well ? did they contact you again ?

Guillaume60
1st Sep 2016, 13:11
Hello all,

I got the first email the 22th of August in the morning and the phone interview the same day in the afternoon
She also told me at the end of the phone call that she will call me back soon.
I got a new phone call the 24th and they invited me for the interview the 7th of September
So don't worry this is normal and it doesn't mean that you have failed the phone interview

Mario21
1st Sep 2016, 14:25
Hello

Tks guys, yes I read everything on the subject Ryanair, I saw that the call is usually of 5/6 days after the mail... sometimes the same day. I wanted to know for the current period.

Because I'm waiting since almost 14 days now that which worries me a bit... It isn't specified if it's working days or... Is there some people un this situation?

Good luck guys

moseka
1st Sep 2016, 16:04
Hey fellas, anybody for the CAE1625 in AMS, beginning on 5th December?

Cheers

darkshine
1st Sep 2016, 16:50
Hey moseka, check your pm thankkk youu

Nordavind
1st Sep 2016, 17:16
I had the call 5 days after the mail but missed it.
I emailed as instructed to be called again. They called me again 3 days later and did the phone interview. It was as previously described in this forum. She read a text twice and asked few questions about it. The text was easy but her strong indian accent wasn't so easy to understand, I missed the point sometimes !

It seems I am in the same case as some people here, I didn't get any assessment date. She told me I will be contacted by phone/email.
I have been waiting for 3 days now, hope I am not out :(

Any news from the guys who were in this case as well ? did they contact you again ?
I also had phone interview a couple of days ago, and they told me that they will call me or email. But it is 4 days ago I had phone interview and I hope thats not a negative sign. The english text was easy, but with some backround noise and stuff, I think I maybe had a mistake or two on the answer

fxKNG
2nd Sep 2016, 08:30
Hi guys! How long does it take them to email you after applying for APC programme?

alicko
2nd Sep 2016, 09:37
i'm in the same position as you mario21, also waiting for 14days , think it's normal

dondapin12
2nd Sep 2016, 12:29
Hey, there's a facebook group for the ones in CAE 1622, starting 7th Nov.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574564669516337/

Feel free to join!

darkshine
2nd Sep 2016, 21:16
Hey guys, does unsuccessful interview get an answer by email too?
I know positive ones of course get an answer.

But what about negative? Do they get a feedback too, or it simply ends there without an answer?

Any thoughts?:rolleyes:
Hey ciaddi, did you receive any feedback?
today i received a negative answer after 20 days from my assesment.

Boldpilot2000
3rd Sep 2016, 02:19
Hi Guys,

I can't access my account. When I use the lost password link it does not work even if try to set up a new account the system says it has me in their database.

Anyone with the same problem?

Thank you

Crive22
3rd Sep 2016, 10:46
hi darkshine, I'm sorry for you, i'm still waiting some documents from Enac before to go to assestment , what do you think about reason for a negative answer???

darkshine
3rd Sep 2016, 11:37
Hi, i don't know the reason of unsuccess at all.
My sim was perfect (with my flight partner), i i thing something were wrong in my personal interview, but when i came back to home i felt very positive about assesment. It's a lottery and we are not able to understand their criterya.

Two guys in my assesment day have forgotten the reference. At the end, they passed the assesment and we (4/5 guys) failed..

Unfair

juris
5th Sep 2016, 05:33
Hey moseka, I am scheduled for the CAE1625 too! Is there any FB group?

EDIT: I have been rescheduled for CAE1629. If there's anyone here for the same course - feel free to contact me.

Boldpilot2000
5th Sep 2016, 11:06
How do I know if my application is being processed? I have uploaded all the documents but at the first page it still says you need upload the following documents with an exclamation mark.

Did I miss something?

ShyTallKnight
5th Sep 2016, 11:41
How do I know if my application is being processed? I have uploaded all the documents but at the first page it still says you need upload the following documents with an exclamation mark.

Did I miss something?
Aside from missing what has been written previously in this thread, no you haven't missed anything. What you've seen on the application portal seems entirely normal.

fxKNG
6th Sep 2016, 14:24
Anyone going to the assessment on 20th this month, wants to do an hour of sim? Pm me

renren
6th Sep 2016, 14:54
Hi guys,

Anyone booked for the assessment in Dublin on 21st September ?
I have booked a sim session at Simtech the day before. Does anybody want to join ?

Cheers

Renaud

seven3
8th Sep 2016, 10:15
Hey guys ! ;)

As this forum helped me, I'm also going to post a feedback of my interview day.
As expected we were 8 people all from different experience. Some where FI with 900TT, some 230 straight out of the school.

=> INFO to the guys who applied last week and didn't get an answer yet : one waited 5 years, two people waited like 2 years since they first applied ... So don't expect an answer straight after applying. :=

The day started by the simulator briefing on a screen in the meeting room next to the simulator. Listen to everything they say because they are going to expect you to do exactly what they say (i.e. throttle management, briefings, checklists).

The first two group did the assessment in the morning, the two others in the afternoon. The pairs were made with someone who did an MCC on 737 and one who didn't.

After this we had like 20' to prepare with our partner. :ok: Time to brief correctly, to know from which seat we wanted to fly, how we handle an emergency (DODAR or PIOSEE then NITS) We all had Liverpool RWY 27 WAL2T departure and NDB ILS 27 They give us a copy of the plates. The meteorological conditions were simple : 300/10 OVC008.

SIM :
He flew first, then shortly before WAL ATC gave vectors. Using FD, right/left turn. then without FD Climbing descending.
Back into the LPL hold 2500ft, emergency after establishing outbound in the hold. We all had smoke in the cabin/toilets/galley. You choose if you want to hand over controls or not. Then DODAR, MAYDAY, NITS.
Repositioning about 18DME from the ILS. "Say where you are", basically use the LPL NDB.
Then I flew, same stuff. Some guys didn't do an emergency the second time.

TECH :
Critical engine MEP/737 ?
Does your MEP has a VMCA/VMCG ?
IRS/INS ?
Diehdral/Anhedral ?
Why Jetstream ? its speed ?
Tropopause height ? why differences ?
V1, V2, screen height ?
How many seats ?

HR:
Why should we hire you ?
Have you applied to other airlines?

"Teamwork is really important, flying is only 10% of the job"
Don't forget what they say at the beginning of the briefing !

Best of luck guys :cool:

Mario21
8th Sep 2016, 15:07
hello guys,

Anyone booked for the assessment in Dublin on 15th September ?

See you

RotationGearup
8th Sep 2016, 21:45
Guys, what kind of sources shall I use to prepare for the assessment?
I'm currently reading Ace the Technical Pilot interview.
Going over my EASA meteo notes and reading some general stuff about the planes I flew to brush up.

Any tips guys?

AlcobPilot
9th Sep 2016, 17:35
I also had phone interview a couple of days ago, and they told me that they will call me or email. But it is 4 days ago I had phone interview and I hope thats not a negative sign. The english text was easy, but with some backround noise and stuff, I think I maybe had a mistake or two on the answer
Hello , I already received a phone call from Dublin first and She asked me about my licenses, expiry dates, documents etc etc and after that she read me a short text and asked me some questions , It was simple. But , at the end of the call, she told me to prepare the certificates, flight school report etc everything in english and after I have to wait for a second call from CAE AMS. When I received a phone call from CAE AMS , I was not in my best conditions due to some health problems with one of my parents , He read me again the same text I think and ask me some questions about the text , I replied at every questions but at the end of the call I didn´t received any interview date , I just received an email to say , unable to proceed.
There is someone here in same situation? Is it possible to perform another phone interview? what do you think If I send an e-mail or a call and explain the situation? Is a good idea or not?

AlcobPilot
9th Sep 2016, 18:09
Hello

I received a phone call from Dublin and the Lady asked me about the certificates, expiry dates , flight hours, PIC and read me a short text and asked me some questions about the text. At the end of the call She advised me to prepare de certificates, flight school report, referencees, all documents in english. After that I had a second call, few days later, from CAE AMS and I did a phone interview, I think it was the same text, after that he didn´t tell me any assesment date , just said that the phone interview result will be send via e-mail and I already received and say "unable to proceed"
Is it possible to send an e-mail or a call in order to perform another phone interview? Is it good idea?

What is the best thing to do?

Anyone in same situation?

Thanks in advance

Im looking forward your reply and suggestions

AlcobPilot
10th Sep 2016, 13:12
Hi guys,

I was contacted from Dublin and not from CAE AMS and after all the call that went really good, she said she would transfer the infos to Amsterdam. We are 3 guys in this case. Anyone else the same situation? I have the impression they changed their way of choosing their people. Because she even said to one of them, "you succeeded" but didn't give an interview date.

Thanks in advance!!
Hello

Do you already have the result of the phone interview?
Im in same situation and I already received the reply and It wasn´t good.

Thanks

PilotLZ
10th Sep 2016, 18:12
Hello!

Has anyone managed to get onto the Ryanair bonded type rating/ APC programme? How can one be considered for this, is it solely based on a recommendation from the training provider or does it depend upon assessment results? Generally, how do applicants manage to fund their type ratings in case of not just having 30,000 Euro readily available? Personal loans/ mortgage on property?

Nordavind
11th Sep 2016, 10:43
Hello , I already received a phone call from Dublin first and She asked me about my licenses, expiry dates, documents etc etc and after that she read me a short text and asked me some questions , It was simple. But , at the end of the call, she told me to prepare the certificates, flight school report etc everything in english and after I have to wait for a second call from CAE AMS. When I received a phone call from CAE AMS , I was not in my best conditions due to some health problems with one of my parents , He read me again the same text I think and ask me some questions about the text , I replied at every questions but at the end of the call I didn´t received any interview date , I just received an email to say , unable to proceed.
There is someone here in same situation? Is it possible to perform another phone interview? what do you think If I send an e-mail or a call and explain the situation? Is a good idea or not?

They called me again the second time after about a week from first phonecall, and I got an interview date.

BMTH
11th Sep 2016, 13:02
Hello,

Got the interview at Dublin this week.

Pretty much the same stuff that's explained above. As 8 people have to be assessed, you may have to wait some hours before getting into the sim or the hr/tech interview.

After the general briefing we were paired up with our partner of the day. We had to prepare East Midlands and WAL 2N departure.

Sim:
Amended clearance 5000ft right turn at 2D heading 360. Then, some general handling (climb, descent, accelerate to 250kt and some new headings). He froze the sim and asked us separately what was our position. Then he asked us to intercept a different QDM to the locator. We did the hold+airfield briefing and after beeing cleared for the approach, we had a "dying passenger" emergency. DODAR/NITS/PAN PAN. We were number 3 so we asked to get the priority. We did the approach briefing followed by an ILS and landing.
My partner had pretty much the same thing except he had a fire and a vectoring.

HR/tech:

V1, Vmcg. What happen if you get an EF before Vmcg?
Explain winglets ?
High lift devices ?
Where the wing stall first on the 737 ?
Generators/alternators difference ?
How many seats ?
Why do you want to work for RYR ?
Can you self-fund your TR ?

Good luck !

Edit : Got a positive feedback 3 working days later.

RotationGearup
12th Sep 2016, 17:25
How long did you guys wait to receive the phone call interview?
I submitted my application almost a week ago.

I tick all their boxes...anyone know how long It will take before the phonecall?

mark-one
12th Sep 2016, 19:30
Hi everybody,

On March I failed the phone interview http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/sowee.gif for the Cadet Program and now I've got just few questions about reapplying....

1) Is it possible to reapply?

2) if YES, minimum time between two applications?

3) Reapplying using the same email or different email?

Thanks a lot for your replies! http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

drsd
13th Sep 2016, 09:00
RotationGearup

I've got the same question. I applied a week ago and have yet to hear anything.

Also, I applied with the same email addres I used to apply back in 2012. Do you guys think this matters?

SJ603
13th Sep 2016, 13:55
Hi,

Anyone starting TR in AMS on 14/11/2016?

Thx

Nordavind
14th Sep 2016, 09:45
How long in advance do we get the briefing package? I am invited for interview at the end of September, but I have not received any confirmation email or briefing pack, which makes me a little nervous.

For you guys asking how long to wait for phonecall. I applied in 2014, and did not hear anything, while three of my collegues got a call right away. However I updated my profile every now and then. End of August I updated my profile on sunday with my new freelance pilotjob on it, and got email and phonecall the following week.

captain almighty
14th Sep 2016, 10:37
Hi,
I am to begin the type rating in Amsterdam as well, on Nov 14th !
Hugo

Mlambin
14th Sep 2016, 20:38
Hello everyone,

Since I finish my studies in 2010 I am scared of having an interview now !

I have read the last pages of the thread and specifically the posts with assessment explanations. Did you answer properly to every single questions they asked you ? If not, how many did you not answer ?

I am reviewing my books almost every days but I feel like I will never be ready before 6 months maybe.

Thank you for you answers !

Best of luck to everyone in this adventure !

Guillaume60
14th Sep 2016, 21:35
I just created a group on Facebook for the pilot who are booked for the intro week the 14th of November: CAE FR1623 AMS

Feel free to join

SJ603
15th Sep 2016, 11:12
Hi,

@Guillaume60: can't find the fb group..? :sad:

Yvan_TO
15th Sep 2016, 12:39
Anyone starting TR course on 28th November in AMS? (CAE 1622)

you can join the Facebook group: CAE FR1622 AMS

Send me an inbox, we'll get in touch!

Guillaume60
16th Sep 2016, 08:31
Hi SJ603 !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1242004975887438/

DALTA
16th Sep 2016, 10:43
Anyone for the CAE1624 AMS with the introduction week on 28th November ?

Dvdpri
16th Sep 2016, 20:51
Anyone for the CAE1624 AMS with the introduction week on 28th November ?
Hello I'm on that course, 1624.

RotationGearup
16th Sep 2016, 22:48
How long did you guys wait till you got the phone interview?

I made my application last Thursday, still waiting :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

ojec
17th Sep 2016, 18:49
How long did you guys wait till you got the phone interview?

I made my application last Thursday, still waiting :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
Some people waited few days, others had to wait for a years. It's said that it's a lotery.
I've been waiting for 2 weeks since I made my application and I hope I'll get a phone interview this year. :) :)
Be patient and gl.