PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Emilio's
25th Mar 2008, 13:45
Hi guys!
I did my assessment the 12 of march but today I'm still waiting...
A lot of guys that i know are still waiting too...but it's normal???
Usually how many days they need to give the response???
..they said 7/10 days but now 10 days it's over...I don't know..
a friend of mine have called at ema but they've said no worries we'll call you back...
ciao guys!

coltrane
25th Mar 2008, 19:08
Hi all,

Sorry to bother you with off-topic questions, but anyway… If I would be hired by RYR, how long would it take to get base Weeze (Dusseldorf)..??

Thanks!!

jiffajaffa
25th Mar 2008, 21:38
Hey lads and lassies anyone form the March asessments get anything on the interview and sim check yet?? seems like people are waiting over the 10 days???

globalme
26th Mar 2008, 12:20
heard good reports from capttriggers recomendation, also a good preperation source is flightwise, run be a ryan air pilot Adria Carrie. he gives a half day brief, covers all the questions you might be asked, a little bit expensive but whats not.

flyingelf
26th Mar 2008, 15:34
Hello everybody,

i'm going to have the assessment on 9th of April,
any advice about latest questions asked at EMA...?

Keep studying but it's hard to know everything...

:8

W sempre :)

Emilio's
26th Mar 2008, 16:47
studiati bene il briefing..puntano molto sull'mcc..
domande fatte:vmcg,che motori monta il loro aereo,come funziona e dove genera la spinta,quanti posti aveva il mio seneca V,che motori e quindi se avevo critical engine.poi dovrai drgli chi sei.
Scrivo in italiano e quindi "senza rispettare gli altri" perke ho le palle girate.
Ho fatto l assessment il 12 marzo e mi hanno detto che mi hanno cannato solo oggi.
se hai altri dubbi scrivimi in privato e se ho tempo ti risponderò.
ma cmq questo è quello che ti chiedono.
poi al sim ti daranno l'aereo pronto per la partenza con gia tutto settato.ti diranno di fare un briefing striminzito di 30 secondi in cui nn dirai praticamente niente.ti danno le cartine per la sid ma aspettati una clearence.poi esercizi del picio come accellerazioni e decellerazioni steep turn a 45 gradi e engine fail.
poi ti farai una bella ndb molto probabbilmente con vettoramento radar quindi senza holding o virate di procedura..
in bocca al lupo.
p.s. occhio a quei due vecchi che ridono ma ridendo ti inchiappettano!:ok:

Ollie268
26th Mar 2008, 17:06
what type of response are they looking for during the "emergency"?
Are they looking for the correct drills or just MCC skills?
Eg-- Door blowing out, obviously im not going to know the drill for this as my time is on the seneca but will they expect us to discuss the problem and come to a solution?

Thanks for any help and advice! :ok:

JIMBO01
26th Mar 2008, 23:11
Guys, does anyone know what route and procedures you do on the sim part, and if anyone can help on what questions for the interviews including technical Q's too?

ALLSKY
28th Mar 2008, 11:10
Hi Pilots! Anyone at EMA in April 11?

leeds 65
28th Mar 2008, 17:52
Yes ALLSKY i will be there 11th april!

ALLSKY
28th Mar 2008, 18:42
Great leeds! Check pm!!

FABIO84
29th Mar 2008, 08:04
I'll be there the 2th of April. I sent you an e-mail with my contact, if you want contact me asap.Bye.....

ALLSKY
3rd Apr 2008, 06:47
Hi pilots,
for the guys that had passed the assessment: how many time normally does it take from the day of the assesment to the start of the course?
Thanks a lot

Jump-Seat64
3rd Apr 2008, 07:30
Once you've past the assessment day you can expect a start date around 2 months later.

ALLSKY
3rd Apr 2008, 08:16
Hi JS, many many thanks!

denisfranklin
4th Apr 2008, 04:22
HI guys, someone to give me a hand please
after you have passed all test of interview's day, how many days before start the course will be contacted? My case I'm already have B737 NG type rated valid.

denisfranklin
4th Apr 2008, 04:31
I a new member here..
sorry,
Is there any TOPIC talking about RYANAIR BASEs, something like the best base to live, e.g Living cost, friendly group, better flights???????????

havelange
7th Apr 2008, 18:49
speed extention
210 kts flpas 1
190 flaps 5
170 flaps 15 gear down

flaps retraction

170 kts flaps 1
190 flaps 5

you will have an SID (in my case they wanted to ear the briefing and the cockpit setup because I just had to got straight)
after that they ask you to do turn, speed changes, altitude change.
You will have an engine failure at some point.
fianlly my partner had an ILS approach (3 times) and me an NDB approach (1 tie was enough).

If you are selected, you will receive a very well explained brochure on what tehy expect from you and all the settings you will need for the ride.

DON'T FORGET TO CALL FOR THE CHECKLIST (before take off, after t:o, before landing) each time you will ask for it, the examinar will say "completed". But he wants you to call for it.
Also, the examinar is totally silant during the ride, so if you are the PNF, and the PF is asked to do another landing, do not forget to ask again the landing clearance......he will appreciate for sure;)

good luck

havelange
7th Apr 2008, 18:53
I had 3 weeks ago

what are the ADF/NDB errors
describe the wing of a jet.

good luck

havelange
7th Apr 2008, 20:09
Hello Guys,

I have been selected for the Ryan Air self paid program in Sweden.
Eventhough I should be very happy, I do not know why, I am a little bit reluctant to this self-sponsored thing.
First, it is a lot more expensive (30,000 euros + living expenses+costs of examiners) than other very good schools (Sabena, Hub air,...). So I just wonder if Ryan Air is not simply getting money from that system.

Second, once you get in, you are totally blocked by a very binding contract saying they can stop you or if you stop at any point, you lose your 30.000 euros AND you have to pay back the costs of the base check and the line training 120 sectors (135 euros/sectors!!) that you do not do......

My instinct tells me to be carefull about all that.

Any person that went through this and is positive?

thanks

alberto86
8th Apr 2008, 11:24
:cool:.........

alberto86
9th Apr 2008, 17:15
See you there

mac23
9th Apr 2008, 19:34
Well done alberto86..

fantastic news..best of luck with the type rating.

Could you please tell me what questions you were asked in your interview? How may people were on the interview panel?
What was your sim profile?
How long did the inteview last?
Best method and materials/ topics to revise?

Thanks for any help you can give..:ok::ok:

mac23
9th Apr 2008, 23:06
hi alberto86,

Great feedback..Thanks for the useful information..It will be of great use.

Regards,

mac23

snoepys
10th Apr 2008, 10:18
Hey guys just found out i passed the assesment,starting on the 12th of may in east midlands.Anyone else starting then as well??

maeshyfryd
10th Apr 2008, 13:03
I'm 38 and did'nt get through. Anyone else of a similar age make it ?

Tiago Cotrim
10th Apr 2008, 16:59
Hello

I am going to EMA on May 6th, anyone going that day?

Kinds Regards

Cotrim

mac23
11th Apr 2008, 20:33
Hi,

Just on the FR website.. Can anyone give any information as to what questions are asked during the telephone interview and how long does it last?

The website says that after a successful telephone interview candidates are invited for a assessment day..

Any help from pilots who have gone through the process recently would be much appreciated.

Thank you :ok:

mac23

Jump-Seat64
11th Apr 2008, 21:42
My call from Ryanair lasted around 10-15mins. Wasn't anything to worry about.

I was asked about my flight hours, what Ive been doing since finishing course, When I'm available to start, Why do I want to work for them and what do I know about the company.

After the questions I was given possible dates for assessment.

lucalaz
14th Apr 2008, 16:51
Hi guys,

I've got the assessment booked on May 9th.

Is there anyone else doing it around that date who's interested in sharing a couple of hours (or more if you want) on a 737-800 sim? I live near Stansted Airport and I was thinking to do these hours somewhere near London but if that's a problem I could go wherever is more convenient for you.

Just contact me if you are interested,

LUCA :ok:

lissy
14th Apr 2008, 17:12
Just had an interview with RYR.

Sim ride - Take off from Belfast City, RWY 22 departure, climbing turn to anticipate interception of 175 radial from the airfield NDB. All in all, it felt like a real handful. My regret is not practising more with Flight Directors and getting a little more familiar with the layout of the -800 instruments as opposed to the -200 I practised on.

I would suggest you use the pre-brief they give you in the morning and REALLY try to armchair fly it with your sim partner before you go in. Think about exactly what you're expecting to see on each instrument, when things will happen, how fast they will happen.

HR interview/Tech interview - The two guys did this as one session. About 25 very quick-fire questions on tech stuff:

What is Mach Tuck?
Why advantages/disadvantages are there with swept wings?
What is radiation fog/advection fog? (pretty sure I mixed those up to be honest)
Why does a wing stall?
What happens to the centre of pressure in a stall?
If in a spin, what is best...a FWD/MID/AFT C of G?

Others on the same day were also presnted with a diagram WX chart and asked to decipher some of the symbols. All of us were pretty weak on that really.

The personnel side was fairly quick:

Why do you want to work for RYR?
What did you think of your flying school? (be ready to justify your answer)
Tell me about your current job?

Pretty straightforward really..

All in all, it was a very useful experience but you will feel like it all go by in a blur. I found that some extra sim practice beforehand at least gave me some warning. Don't even THINK of going along if you haven't done an hour or two in a 737 sim of some sort. (Unless you're a genius)

Best of luck to anyone else having a go.

Lissy

mac23
14th Apr 2008, 20:01
Good luck Lissy..

Hope you get the call you want..

Let us know how you got on..

Ollie268
15th Apr 2008, 17:53
Hello,
Im on the 12th may course at EMA, anyone else going??
Can anyone shed some light onto the outline of the 6 days and what to bring etc...? Thanks.

Oh and Good luck lissy...! :ok::ok:

BASCP
16th Apr 2008, 11:45
I went for the Assessment about a month ago and have since been offered a course.

I got some sim assessment preperation from the FDT near gatwick on a fixed base 800 sim. It worked out at about £500 for 3hrs sim time plus an hours briefing.

In my view well worth the money and a nice bunch of guys!!

Good luck!!

snoepys
16th Apr 2008, 15:56
Hey guys starting the type rating with Cae in Amsterdam on May 12th,anyone know where the cheapest accomodation is in the area.Anyone else starting then??

Pehr817
16th Apr 2008, 21:12
Hi Guys! Have anybody from the assesement on the 9th, 10th or the 11th heard anything from RYR? Starting to get worried!

mattford51
17th Apr 2008, 00:09
I was on the 8th of April, still haven't heard anything.

I gave them a buzz to see if any decisions had been made, it seems they are waiting on the information from Dublin, so no need to worry yet!

denisfranklin
17th Apr 2008, 03:35
Thanks a lot my friendy!!!

M146
17th Apr 2008, 09:22
Anyone know what kind of information from Dublin they are awaiting?

virginpilot1087
17th Apr 2008, 09:53
For those asking about accomidation, the list that CAE send you I stayed at Victors flat, its in Haarlem, you need a car but its only 15mins with no traffic or 20mins with, he has Broadband in there and its walkable to a shopping complex, 25euro a night, three rooms he rents out to CAE students, not the best place in the world but clean and cheap with everything you need.

Homo Airectus
19th Apr 2008, 07:39
Hi there!

I was on 9th April at EMA fort the assessment and now I´m starting on 19th May and on 2nd June is the TR Course at the CAE in Amsterdam!!!
Anybody there on these dates?
What are you going to do concerning accommodation? Any recommendations?
I´m also willing to share a room/apartment for the TR! PM me if you are interested!

Good luck to everyone waiting for the results!

ALLSKY
19th Apr 2008, 09:23
Hi homo airsapiens ;)

I'll start in EMA the 19th too and the 2nd June in CAE!
Looking out for accomodation at the moment

leeds 65
19th Apr 2008, 11:00
Alright howrya

i passed simcheck on 11 april.Start in east mids on 26th may then TR in stockholm on 9th june.looking for places to stay.Anyone else got those dates?

FTOChump
19th Apr 2008, 15:32
Everyone doing the type rating in Stockholm should check out http://www.bokloster.se/eng/indexeng.htm

That's where alot of people stay for the course. Not many rooms and it's cheap, very good setup. The guy who runs it is called Pier. I stayed there last December whilst on the course and highly recommend it.

FTOChump
19th Apr 2008, 15:57
Hi everyone. Any questions on the TR course at SAS and afterwards then you can PM me if you like. Have just finished line training myself and have contract and base.

EpsilonVaz
5th May 2008, 16:56
Anyone going to EMA on the 14th of May for assessment?

Tolan
6th May 2008, 13:14
Is not having a driving licence an issue with Ryanair? Or do they not ask about that? I am in the process of getting mine but have not sat the test yet.

PullBoy
7th May 2008, 08:59
Hello everyone !

Just sent out my application a few days ago ! To those of you who applied in the past months, how long did it last for RY to call you? Also, I am just turning 37... any folks being older than 35 selected lately ?

Thanks to all and good luck !

Greg.

DeA320
7th May 2008, 14:28
Hi epsilon,

I'll be heading to that assessment, if I can get through on the number to pay for it that is.

De.

snoepys
8th May 2008, 11:39
Hey guys,im starting the type rating with Cae in Amsterdam on May 26th but have no accomodation yet for the first two weeks.Ive tried all the places on the list that Cae send ya with no luck.If anyone knows of anything available will yee please mail me.Regards

Callsign Kilo
8th May 2008, 15:25
Courses finish at CAE on a weekly if not by-weekly basis. There are a few guys coming up for LST very soon. Keep trying all the usual places and keep trying CAE for openings in their accomadation. Nicole is very busy, so she may not always have time to call you back. Alsmeer and Nieuvennip (excuse my poor dutch spelling) are probably nearest to Hoffdorp. I am in Amstelveen with my sim partner. All within reasonable distances to the centre. Transport services are excellent however a car would be valuable for some early and late sims. Some people hire bikes but I can´t be arsed with that! It´s 24 degrees celcius here now!! :cool:

Dover
9th May 2008, 11:19
Hey Guys, anyone else out there going to east mids 19th may and CAE on 9th June? just wondering what accomodation you'll be going for

FlyingRat
10th May 2008, 09:24
Those looking for accom at CAE ask Victor if his brother has any space in Haarlem...

EK4457
12th May 2008, 10:08
Slightly off topic, but there are 2 open days this weekend at EMA. I've applied to go, but after a couple of e-mail exchanges, have not actually been told that I can attend. Is it usual to leave it this late? Is there a number I can call?

Thanks,

EK

jiffajaffa
15th May 2008, 16:24
anyone looking for accomadation in Amsterdam for the Ryanair type rating I might have a few contacts PM me and will give you details

virginpilot1087
16th May 2008, 17:45
Any Cadets starting at EMA in the near future and wanting accomidation in a house instead of a cheap B&B PM me, Large new house with own bathroom only 10mins from EMA if you have a car, shareing with Ryanair pilot.

Sail
17th May 2008, 01:58
Hello.

I applied through CAE on day 5 of May and I got invited to the assessment day on 4th June at EMA.I would like to know if there is anybody else in this situation.

On the other hand, I will get some B737 sim time this month in order to prepare for the sim assessment.Should anyone be interested in sharing some B737 Sim time to prepare for the assessment please feel free to contact me.

veeOne99
18th May 2008, 09:39
Hello

If people are looking for accommodation near CAE I can thoroughly recommend an apartment in Amstelveen. It's run by Anneke (KLM air stewardess) who made me feel really welcome and at home.

It's a really good location as you can be quiet for study but just 15 minutes from CAE/Amsterdam. I had a car with a parking space available but there are good transport links to the CAE building and into Amsterdam for those odd nights out.

It's an attic room which has been recently finished with your own toilet/shower, washing machine and kitchenette. You have your own study area with plenty of room together with wireless internet if you have laptop. The supermarket and other shops are just 5 minutes walk away and plenty of take-away/food places if you dont want to cook. Anneke will also cook on some days which is fantastic following a days study or a late shift at the simulator.

If there are two people looking then a neighbour also has accommodation. For two people it's 50Euro a night and for a single person it's 30Euro.

Anneke's email address is [email protected] and she can be contacted on her mobile (31) 624621400.

Any other queries please PM me and I'll answer any questions.

Cheers
Paul

beastman787
20th May 2008, 10:55
Hey everyone,

Got the assessment next tuesday at EMA, has anybody got through with no previous 737 sim experience? Im just off an integrated course and abit hesitant to folk out another few hundred pounds for a sim ride.

wbryce
20th May 2008, 14:01
How do most fund FR's SSTR? Are their any understanding banks that are familiar with this route? I'm just trying to gauge if this is a plausible route or not. I'm modular trained with minimum debt (8k), no assets and it seems this is problematic for banks in the current climate.

virginpilot1087
20th May 2008, 14:02
Biggest thing I had flown was light twins when I did the assesment, there not looking for you to be a 737 ace as you have never flown one before, its about CRM and good pilot decision making! just be in charge of the aircraft dont let it be in charge of you and you will do fine.

Xarly
23rd May 2008, 10:50
Hi guys!!

I'm going to the assessment at EMA the 3rd of June!!

Anybondy is going in that date?¡:O

Good luck people!:ok:

EIDW_PILOT
23rd May 2008, 20:01
Hey Xarly!

I will be there June 3rd too.....can't wait! :ok:

Andrén
24th May 2008, 22:01
Hi

anyone going on the 27th?

I am going to rent a car from STN airport, if anyone wants to share just send me a PM

/H

G-MARK
25th May 2008, 14:40
Hi,

I have an assesssment of the 10th June. Is anyone else attending on this date?

G-M

airbuste
27th May 2008, 20:40
I will be there June 3rd too.....

bigdaviet
29th May 2008, 08:54
just wondering if anyone who has recently spoken with ryanair can give me an idea of how long the wait is for an interview at the moment?

727 Whisper Jet
30th May 2008, 16:20
Hello all,

I have read the prior posts and they are all very informative. Does anyone have any recent information on the assessment? I have the packet they sent out, however just looking for more in depthe gouge information. Also, is there a difference between the assessment for direct entry Captains vs. cadets or F/O assessments? Does anyone know the REAL pay rates for first year Captains? Thanks to everyone in advance.

727WJ

bigdaviet
31st May 2008, 18:49
I'm attending on 20th. Anyone else on that date please PM me!

bigdaviet
1st Jun 2008, 17:50
Regarding the personal referee, what exactly are Ryanair looking for?

Any tips and/or guides to how my nominated 'personal refereee' can construct his reference would be welcomed! Thanks.

And just to add again that anyone who has an assessment on 20th June can PM me.

FlyBoyFryer
2nd Jun 2008, 13:29
Check your PM Bigdaviet, I'll be there on the 20th June 2008 too.

frka
2nd Jun 2008, 17:55
anyone who passed ryanair mcc going to the assessment june 17th?

JeroenC
6th Jun 2008, 12:55
Yep, me!
Did MCC with CAE beginning of April.

B737800FO
9th Jun 2008, 21:36
Hi

I have a interview/assessment coming up, and my question is regarding the funding of the type rating.

Where do people normally get this funding? I presume from their normal bank. I'm just wondering if Ryanair give you a written offer of emplyment you can take to the bank to improve your chances of getting the loan. Does anyone know if many (if any) people have to turn Ryanair down as they simply cannot get hold of the loan?

Are there any banks (and if so, is it just particular branches) that specifically lend to cadets funding type ratings?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I can honestly say this could be my worst nightmare having to turn an airline down because I can't get a loan- a loan which I'm happy to take as I'm only in 9k debt so far having obtained a UK Frozen ATPL and Oxford MCC....

Thanks

Sail
9th Jun 2008, 23:40
Hello

I will start the type rating at SAS on 7 of July.Is anyone else starting on this date ? Btw I will be doing the operator course on 23 June at EMA.

Andrén
10th Jun 2008, 08:57
Hi,

I will also start my typerating the 7th of July in Stockholm! If anyone wants to share accommodations please PM me.

The interview was quite strange. there were two of them, but one of them had to leave and the other one only asked me two (2!!) questions.

Explain carburettor ice and why do we have the different segments of a take off? (not what they are, but why we have them)

and that was all. I think I was in there for 5 minuets.

The simulator ride was not a big problem, just some turns and climbs, then we had a engine failure. We only needed to close the throttle and the examiner said checklist complete.

The I did a NDB approach and at about 500ft he said that there was a vehicle on the runway and we had to go around.

Then he positioned me for a visual approach from 6000ft and made the ILS, DME, ADF and so on U/S.

Then we stopped on the runway and the assessment was over. one week later I got the call :)

leematthews
10th Jun 2008, 15:35
im also east mids 23rd jun, stockholm 7th july - should be good !- anyone sorted accomodation yet? - Lee

Unzie_2000
10th Jun 2008, 17:46
See you all at EMA on 23rd, sorting accomm this week I hope. I only got told yesterday and things are abit rushed. Have you got your Scotland Disclosure ref checks done before the 23rd, or before commencement of "flying for Ryanair" as it says in the literature they sent?

leematthews
10th Jun 2008, 18:04
anyone interested in sharing accom for SAS 7th July please PM me
lee

cowsgettingbigger
11th Jun 2008, 11:38
Hi, has anybody got an FR interview coming up and would like to share a sim brush-up at Oxford? I've got one booked for tomorrow (12 June) and it would be more effective (re crew cooperation) if there were two people. It would be £295 each (or we could just do an hour for half that).

I've heard that the sim assessment accounts for about 90% of the interview result and so even though I wince at the thought of heamoraging more cash, it would be a good idea to get back up to speed.

PM me if interested.

wbryce
11th Jun 2008, 14:50
Anyone going to EMA on 30th June and CAE 14th July?

727 Whisper Jet
12th Jun 2008, 10:12
I have my assessment at EMA on the 8th of July. Would anyone be interested in sharing accomodations or transportation from MAN? PM if interested. Thanks. Also does anyone have any up to date interview information?

CamelhAir
12th Jun 2008, 13:06
You should appreciate that FR are offering unpaid leave to pilots and will be grounding at least 20 aeroplanes this winter. They already have too many pilots, particularly FO's. Don't expect to the be offered employment after your TR course, particularly as the downturn bites ever harder.
Still wanna pay 30k on a still-born dream that is set to collide rapidly with reality in a very bruising manner?

Dit
12th Jun 2008, 13:18
The same unpaid leave was offered last year too, make of that what you will.

skywalker79
12th Jun 2008, 22:23
Hi guys, I've the assessment on 2nd July at EMA, anybody else? PM me if interested in sharing accomodation

scotty.aka.dan
13th Jun 2008, 06:53
WBRYCE-MINT79: Yep, me too. What are you guys doing about accom in ams? I've contacted a few B&B's on the list who have availability but it could be worth considering a short term lease on a shared house together? Cheers Dan

heli_port
13th Jun 2008, 07:48
wbryce loved reading your blog! looks like you're finally going to pay for that TR! good luck

CamelhAir
13th Jun 2008, 09:45
The same unpaid leave was offered last year too, make of that what you will.

This year is different: weak UK economy (40% of ryr traffic), ryr actively seeking to reduce deliveries and fleet size, oil price murdering fr (it was hedged last year).
There won't be jobs there come the winter.
So, you ask, why recruitment still? Because it's a profit centre. Charge a premium for the TR, pay em $hit on contract, then can terminate the contract at any time. Which will happen in the winter.
Unfortunately by that stage your problems will be twofold: a) not enough hours to go elsewhere and b) nowhere to go as plenty of others will go bust next winter, leading to less jobs and more experienced pilots on the market bringing us back to problem (a).
Proceed at your own risk, cos the risk sure ain't ryanairs.

B737800FO
13th Jun 2008, 18:27
Hey everyone

I start at SAS/Oxford on Sept 1st- with the East Mids bit starting on Aug 18th? Anyone on these dates, want to start looking into accom?

Anyone able to give me ideas on the cheapest accom- I have no standards ;-)

Still can't believe I'm gona be flying a NG in a few months...

CamelhAir
13th Jun 2008, 19:29
Still can't believe I'm gona be flying a NG in a few months...

You hope anyway, although with FR trying to get rid of pilots and grounding aircraft as the economy goes south and oil prices north, it seems that the need for pilots is very limited. Oh well, the profit they make off your TR will look nice on the accounts next year. Make sure you have a back up plan when ryr decide you're surplus to requirements.

heli_port
14th Jun 2008, 19:50
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=331187

B737800FO
14th Jun 2008, 20:57
camel=prick

watch this space then-

B737800FO
15th Jun 2008, 07:47
Times have changed I'm affraid. Those who think nothing changes in 2.5 years in this industry- clearly know nothing about it.

MIKECR
15th Jun 2008, 08:12
And it will change again, very quickly. Come another few months, its going to be carnage.

virginpilot1087
15th Jun 2008, 19:13
lol,,, 6 months for base check! thats not the case now, everyone ot CAE when i was there including myself had our base check date set about a week before we even took out 737 LST! there is not much waiting, about 5 days in fact for me

Avadoo
15th Jun 2008, 21:47
Virg,
you were very fortunate, last year LST to base chk was 7 weeks + for many including myself, all without pay of course.
However, after 10 months on line, over 700 hours on type, a local base which gets me home every night, I cant complain too much and am just happy to be reasonably busy for now.
Lots of low hour mates left for a better life at Easy, Globespan, Jet2 etc and are having second thoughts, the grass is not totally green anywhere!!!

carlosrate
16th Jun 2008, 09:29
Hi Pilots,

Anyone who goes for ryanair assessement 4th july at EMA?????

Good luck

Dihaz
16th Jun 2008, 10:58
Hi Guys,

I have a question about the documents you have to take to the interview. It says two written personal references to be taken to the interview. Does this mean that you take the address and contact details of the referee to them, or a complete written speal about how good I am and blah blah from each referee.

Cheers Guys, btw anyone going on the 3rd July??

JeroenC
16th Jun 2008, 11:07
That will be the latter.
2 personal references, one from current/former employer and one from your FTO.

redout
16th Jun 2008, 12:07
It is Three Written References: Two personnel, One from Current/last Employer and also a Flight School Report.

wbryce
16th Jun 2008, 12:55
When I had my interview a few weeks ago I took 1 personnel, employer and flight training report, so in total - 3 references.

Dihaz
16th Jun 2008, 15:53
cheers guys. whats he sort of information they want to know?

G-MARK
16th Jun 2008, 19:03
Hi, Im going to EMA on the 30th June and CAE on 14th July. Has anyone managed to arrange accom. for CAE on the 14th July. Would be interested to know if there are rooms or house shares available.

Thanks

Mark

cinghia84
17th Jun 2008, 10:17
Hy Guys,

Anyone who goes for ryanair assessement 25th June at EMA?????

CamelhAir
17th Jun 2008, 17:24
B737800FO:
camel=prick
Dear oh dear, did someone rob your soother?

A point to remember when seeking comfort in the fact that ryr are still recruiting is that they recruit because it is profitable.
YOU pay for it, you work for FREE til trained, then get put on contract, which means you can be shed at a moments notice with no obligation on ryr's part. It costs ryr nothing to recruit people or have them as contractors. So even if the airline was parking up all its aeroplanes tomorrow, it'd still keep recruiting as long as people were willing to pay for the training. Ryr don't want your professional skills, they want your money. Once you appreciate this fact and separate emotion (eg B737800FO) from dispassionate analysis, the easier it is to predict the likely course of events.

virginpilot1087
17th Jun 2008, 20:10
go back under your rock

CamelhAir
17th Jun 2008, 20:29
go back under your rock

Rather than making juvenile digs, why not explain which part of my hypothesis you take issue with? Your answer should include, but not be limited to, such topics as the state of the European economy, the credit crisis, the UK house price crash and debt problem, the price of oil, the RYR grounding of aircraft, the profit motive of cadet training, the internal admission that RYR is now loss-making, the reason why all newbies are contractors, the ease at which contractors can be shed and the lessons you learnt in the last aviation downturn. You can also touch on the dangers of the triumph of delusion over hard fact.

B737800FO
18th Jun 2008, 20:48
Camel probably just a bitter pilot who never quite made it...

BerksFlyer
18th Jun 2008, 23:19
2nd what superpilot said. Camel has posted extensively on Ryanair. He has a view from the inside and knows what he's talking about. Don't ignore something simply because it's not what you want to hear.

Canada Goose
19th Jun 2008, 08:18
I third that !

I suspect there are going to be many people in this industry who are going to find things out the hard way !! :ugh:

EK4457
19th Jun 2008, 12:50
All very interesting, although a few unneccesary comments!

Out of interest, what do all the 'doom sayers' recomend as a plan B if FR is someones plan A?

In other words, if you decide against FR for all the reasons above, what else can you do? There is virtually nothing else out there at the minute. FlyBE are probably the second highest recruiter out there and even they have slowed right down.

It seems to me it's FR or nowt.

On a seperate but related topic, what is to be expected on the FR cadet scheme open day at EMA? You are told to bring an up to date CV. Does this mean they might interview you on the day?

Also, how long does it take to go from (all going well) interview to starting TR to line training?

Thanks,

EK

virginpilot1087
19th Jun 2008, 18:09
INSIDE LOOK EH! lol,, I am also a FR pilot and am more than happy, and not because its a new shiny jet,, mainly because its a well run company, there there to make money not make us happy rich pilots, T&C are fair I think, good wage, stable rosta, keep your head down and do the job and its a great easy place to work for.

PPRUNE should just change its name to www.Ryanairbashing.com (http://www.Ryanairbashing.com) because people seem to get off on doing that, I have loads of friends flying in other companys and there not earning anywhere close to what I am nor are they getting enough hours!

Day_Dreamer
19th Jun 2008, 18:50
Virginpilot1087
Well said.
As to the Camel with the hump, he is for some reason best know to himself a Jonah, always spouting half truths. If he was on a sailing ship, he would have been thrown overboard with a cannon ball tied to his legs.
Maybe you should leave RYR and get a job elsewhere as you are plainly trying to undermine your employer.

Ryanair has managers who are as interested in keeping their jobs as the pilots, and after personally being in the dole que a couple of times in the past. I for one would rather be flying on a reduced roster than be competing with many out of work drivers airframe.

Maybe there is a proportion of the training course cost which finds its way back to RYR, do i care no !! but if you consider the line training as part of the costs then the overall figure is competitive.
€29000 for the course plus a minimum of 64 sectors line training is not cheap but its my understanding that the standard of training is high, and quality comes at a price.
Also if a student runs over his / her 21 days without 3 landings during training who pays for the simulator re-training ? the answer is Ryanair.

Many years ago (Mid 80's) I was involved with an airline that not only charged for its type rating but also billed the F/O or Captain under training for their line training.
SSTR's are hear to stay and if its the only game in town, competition for places will get much harder as positions become fewer.

Good luck to all who are about to undertake the interview and simulator.
Ignore the Crud spouted on this site, and follow your dream.

bfisk
27th Jun 2008, 11:47
Anyone else invited to the assessment at EMA on July 8th?

Ericsson737
27th Jun 2008, 11:52
im on the 18th..good luck bud

planeshipcar
30th Jun 2008, 11:42
I had a friend who applied for Ryanair, had an interview and sim and hasn't heard back and this is months ago. What's the story?

thomsonfly69
2nd Jul 2008, 09:27
Hi guys I'm going to have a practice sim session at LGW on sat 12 July in the 737-800 (2 hrs). If anyone wants to share the session and practice CRM as well as the flying let me know, cheers

[email protected]

virginpilot1087
2nd Jul 2008, 12:26
PlaneShipCar

Tell him to phone, they may have the wrong number! sat for a month waiting for the phone to ring wont do any favors.

bloopers
3rd Jul 2008, 02:00
Has anyone completed at CAE recently?

What does the Ryan Air written test entail...is it multi choice?

I have read that the questions are based on your experience but no one has mentioned this test?

Grateful for any specifics.

JeroenC
4th Jul 2008, 23:48
I've heard rumours about FR cancelling Typeratings. Anybody heard this as well?

Would be nightmare since I've verbally received a starting date, but nothing in writing/e-mail....

fonz77
8th Jul 2008, 10:28
assessment is on the way and i was just wondering has anybody used Virtual Flight Centre for sim prep

Virtual Flight Centre (http://www.virtualflight.co.uk/home)

any positives or negatives or should i be looking elsewhere

cheers

Cx292
8th Jul 2008, 12:23
Hi to all,

My assessment date will be July 15 ... anyone will be at EMA on this date?

bye

YYZ
10th Jul 2008, 23:27
The middle of nowhere is what's needed, Stockholm is great but not during a TR, plus a car would be needed or a train everyday to Marsta, followed by a bus or taxi.... just not worth the hassel?

YYZ

lospilotos
11th Jul 2008, 10:35
Well, excuse me the hell of a lot then for just offering an alternative..... And if you paid any attention YYZ you could have noticed that there is a car available. No need to go to bloody Märsta, where I would never set my foot in anyway....

BTW, I´ve already had 3 enquries....

Clevance
11th Jul 2008, 12:07
Hello,

Would anyone like sharing of the questions he/she got on Ryanair´s interview ? :)

Tnx

Clevance
11th Jul 2008, 13:27
I appreciate your taking the time to respond with the best information. I will start the MCC in Stockholm on 23 August and I have started already researching a little about issues and questions that may arise
and started to go through ATPL theory a little bit, to refresh the memory ;)

Do you have any advise about the SIM ride ?

Congratulate you came in to ryanair and wish you all good luck :D

By the way ! Are you Swedish ?

B737800FO
11th Jul 2008, 13:43
Good afternoon everyone

Myself and a friend are going to SAS on Aug 10th for our Ryanair B737 type rating course starting Aug 11th. We've got accommodation booked in the BoKloster (double comfort room at 10500 SEK/month = £445 each/month), however we're trying to get 2 more people to join us in the "Chapel" in this accommodation complex.

The Chapel works out at 12100 SEK/month which is approx £1000/month - between 4 is £250 each.

There may eevn be a 6 bedroom appartment which will reduce the costs further, although not sure on the availability there.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us to cut the costs.

First come first served--

PM ME IF INTERESTED.

cinghia84
11th Jul 2008, 17:41
Lospilotos have you done the interview the 25th of june??

ugocalifornia
12th Jul 2008, 19:51
Hi there!
I will be on TR course at EMA on the 1st September 08 (for 6 days) and then at CAE amsterdam from 15th September 08.

Is anyone due to participate at this TR at this time? It would be interesting to communicate and find accommodation to share.
Contact me : [email protected]:ok:

Fed1998
12th Jul 2008, 21:30
Hi everybody,

I've filled my application form 3 weeks ago and didn't receive an answer yet.Normal?
Thanks.

THD
13th Jul 2008, 10:16
I did my application three weeks ago and no response yet here.

bigdaviet
13th Jul 2008, 16:35
Hello everybody!

I'm starting the type rating course on 18th august at EMA and will be in amsterdam from the 1st september! Can anyone recommend cheap accommodation to stay in for the duration?

The cheaper the better, and driving isn't a problem as i could get the ferry and bring my car if need be.

cloudz
13th Jul 2008, 18:44
Wondering whether to do the sim prep in a fixed base NG or fork out the extra cash for a full motion? Any suggestions / advice?

Thanks

Cloudz

YYZ
13th Jul 2008, 19:01
lospilotos,

I’m amazed you took exception to my comments, as a man of 30+ I would have expected a more reasonable approach to any comments, especially one that had no bad intent, car pooling is great and I did notice it, but that will not help anyone once the TR itself starts, all on separate shifts through 24 hours... Just did not seem sensible to me? my opinion.

I’m pleased you have managed to get into FR; I know I will enjoy your company soon, good luck.

YYZ

Fed1998
13th Jul 2008, 20:25
Hope we'll have a response soon...!

carlosrate
15th Jul 2008, 14:45
Hi gusys I did my assessement on 4th July and I haven´t received any response from ryanair.................is it normal???

Thank´s

boeingout
15th Jul 2008, 16:21
hI LOSPILOTOS.
Thanks for the info, do you remember any of the tech qu's. Many thanks.
Boeingout.

ugocalifornia
16th Jul 2008, 19:13
Hi there!

I don't know if you have already found a room mate for your type Rating starting in August.
If not, I would be interested in sharing a room with you. As said previously on the pprune forum, I will be starting my TR on the 15th September 08 in Amsterdam. I live in Paris and I won't have a car in Amsterdam.

Whatever is your response, please answer me!

Merci,

Ugo
:ok:
[email protected]

ugocalifornia
16th Jul 2008, 19:17
This post is for bigdaviet!!

B737800FO
17th Jul 2008, 06:45
Hi

Does anyone know if it's common for people to need more training then the 60 (40 hrs FFS, 20 hrs FBS)hours you pay for upfront?

Cheers

IrishJetdriver
17th Jul 2008, 11:36
It's' not unusual to see people having extra sessions. They are given as required but are VERY expensive (I think maybe over 1000euro per session). It also screws your sim buddy up as the schedule can take a bashing. When I was there, two people failed the course and left. You also may not get a full pass on the skills test but I don't know the cost implication, if any.

THIS IS IN THE MINORITY HOWEVER

Do get accomodation sorted NOW for CAE. It can be very hard to find. You can try and get student accom at the nearby college. CAE can organise this for you. I think their number is 0031235671671

carlosrate
17th Jul 2008, 13:59
Hi guys I did my assessement on 4th July and I haven´t received any response from ryanair.................is it normal???

Thank´s

CamelhAir
18th Jul 2008, 15:08
SINK RATE, SINK RATE - on numbers required at FR.

A/c grounded, bases closed. Contractors given months off (you'll be a contractor when new).
New FO's arrive, aircraft used decreases, contractors given time off. The numbers don't add up.
Better start typing up the CV, so when you're on your enforced unpaid leave you can find a job to pay off all those horrendous bills you have.
The writing's on the wall for all FR newbies: you will not all be flying this winter. Make alternative arrangements.

jasonjdr
25th Jul 2008, 08:25
Hi All,

Booked in for an assessment for 19th August at East Midlands. Anyone else going?

Just waiting for the confirmation to come through with detailed info.

THD
25th Jul 2008, 09:55
Hi i posted my CV 1 month ago and still no news from ryanair.How long did i take before they called you for the assessment in ema?

jasonjdr
25th Jul 2008, 10:36
THD,

Sorry to hear that you have not heard anything yet.

Fortunately I have a contact who helped out, so it was only a couple of days.

Would be interested to hear some more recent feedback on recent assessments, i.e;

Tech Q's (I've ordered the book - ACE Tech Pilot)
HR Q's
Plates flown (Liverpool, Leeds, 3rd? - Is it in the info pack they send out? Then one is selected on the day?)

Thanks in advance.

TCU LUX
5th Aug 2008, 19:31
Hi all,

I've noticed some people asking about accommodation for CAE. I have stayed with Anneke, a hostess with KLM, and can highly recommend her accommodation.

The accommodation is on the top floor (renovated loft) of nice family home a in quiet area, 15 min drive from CAE, consisting of 3 rooms: A bedroom with twin beds, TV & DVD (not that you'll have much time for that!!), & private bathroom. A kitchenette (sink, microwave, refrigerator, water boiler, senseo coffeemaker and washing machine) & a separate study room.
Also there is free Broadband wireless internet available with free parking in front of the house. Occasional home cooked meals are also thrown in too! (which are really good and a nice treat after a long day at CAE!)

Rate 30 Euro per day, in case of double occupancy 25 Euro p.p.p.d..
For more information and pictures of the accommodation contact Anneke at [email protected] ([email protected]) or tel. +3120 6471415

I will be there until approx 23/24 Aug but I believe the accommodation is free after me.

Have fun!

bigdaviet
7th Aug 2008, 21:02
Thanks for the info! I may give Anneke a call.

If anybody knows of any cheaper accommodation near CAE please let me know! Also, anybody willing to share please contact me!

I'm starting at EMA on 18th august and amsterdam on 1st september.

alekaraba
8th Aug 2008, 17:41
Hello, I'm new here, I would like to know what questions should I expect in the Ryan Air technical interview, I'm suppoused to have a screening on September... Any help would be good... Thank's

ugocalifornia
11th Aug 2008, 16:39
Hi there,

I will be at CAE from the 14th September 08, for the B737 Type Rating

I found a "cheap room" (400 euros a month) close to CAE (20 minutes driving).

1) Is someone interested in living there too?
2) Has someone found something closer and/or cheaper?

I would appreciate your comments
ugo
[email protected]

snoepys
13th Aug 2008, 00:27
Goodluck to all those who are doing the type rating,it really is a difficult course.Budget a few grand extra as well just in case you need to repeat any sim sessions.Ive seen a few guys on my course who had to and it set them back a few quid.;)

cloudz
17th Aug 2008, 12:37
Hey all,Just seeing if anyone else is starting the TR in AMS on 15 SEP. I can see from a few posts above there is at least one other on here. If anyone is interested in sharing some accomm for the duration please get in touch. Or if you have any suggestions to where to stay that would be great also.ThanksCloudz

ugocalifornia
18th Aug 2008, 11:37
Cloudz,I will be in CAE on the 14th Sep 08.can you contact me on [email protected] please ??Regards

dand07
18th Aug 2008, 15:54
Camel what exactly are your qualifications? And be honest now? You come across as a negative dope and some of your statements are totally unfounded!

misho1212
20th Aug 2008, 10:36
HI there my assessment is for 30th of sep who else will be there hopefully will :ok:

jasonjdr
22nd Aug 2008, 11:02
Anyone who has done the interview/ assess recently (within last month or 2). How long was it before you got the call (good or bad)?

Just done mine this week and am now sweating it out :bored:

JeroenC
26th Aug 2008, 18:22
Hello,

we have one room available in Noordwijk, close to Amsterdam, for the Ryanair typerating.

It is an apprtment close to the sea (cool down after intense studying ;)), fully furnished with dishwasher etc.

The price is 26 euro per night.

PM me if you are interested.

sawaya
1st Sep 2008, 17:49
Smartcockpit.com

727 Whisper Jet
4th Sep 2008, 17:53
Has anyone heard any information regarding Ryanair cancelling assessments or course dates? Just curious. I am waiting for my work permit then off to class... Hopefully!

Rhodes13
4th Sep 2008, 20:31
727 whisper jet there was a company memo put out recently stating that all type courses from I think Nov to March have been cancelled and that the cadet open days have also been cancelled.

Have you got a start date for your course? If not then I might suggest you ring up RYR to confirm the situation as at the moment there is no recruitment due to very low turn over.

It did state though that there is a small amount of direct entry captain slots available

virginpilot1087
5th Sep 2008, 11:14
I was round at the training centre yesterday where they do interviews and there were guys been interviewed for cadet positions? not sure whats going on???

Happy Wanderer
5th Sep 2008, 12:18
Not sure what's more scary, FR stopping recruitment and TR courses, or FR-jocks-to-be not knowing that this is happening.....

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/341054-ryanair-recruitment-latest-update.html
FW

IrishJetdriver
6th Sep 2008, 08:23
Please note previous comments on recruitment.

There is a current memo to ALL pilots at FR stating that courses Nov-Feb inclusive are cancelled and that the OPEN DAYS are suspended after September I believe.

FR pilots do know whats going on. The company can't have made it any clearer.

This ties in with temporary fleet reduction over the winter. They don't want guys joining and then not flying. If you start a TR in March then you'll be through by June when they need pilots.

Possibly there may be last minute slots for courses but they are also still recruiting experienced pilots. Mate of mine got a call yesterday offering a job, but he has shed loads of 73 time.

There is very low turnover at FR as it is seen as a "safe" place to be in this climate. In my experience I fly with very few people who are not very happy with their lot.

Make sure your skills are kept up to date as when they do recruit they can afford to be really picky. Believe me as well that getting in to FR is not a walk in the park !

D O Guerrero
7th Sep 2008, 09:31
Last start date at EMA for 2008 is 15 Sep. If you miss that, it will be next year now.

EK4457
7th Sep 2008, 09:52
Is that the course due to go to AMS on 29th September?

I thought there were courses in October still going ahead too?

Rumours, rumours, rumours..... I somtimes think this is just a rumour network ;)

Ollie268
7th Sep 2008, 11:04
To try to clear any "rumours" -- Everyone who is employed by Ryanair has access to crewdock, our intranet. It has been confirmed by means of memo that ALL Ryanair type ratings November - Feb have been cancelled - last course starts on 15th September. Recruitment is stopping soon and anyone who cant make 15th Sept will be starting in March at the earliest.
This is not a rumour and im sure those who this affects have been contacted. :ok:
Hope that clears it up for now.

EmeraldEire
7th Sep 2008, 19:53
I agree with the above, with one minor exception. The last course is starting AMS on the 22nd September. This course, and the course starting 15th September are all full as induction has taken place for these cadets. Other than that it is correct no TR's between the end of Sept and beginning of March. Was in EMA last week and there still seems to be ongoing selection more than likely for TR's in '09.

EK4457
7th Sep 2008, 20:21
Well, jasondr seems to think he's on a TR course starting 29th September (read above). Has he started his induction yet?

Red Paddy
7th Sep 2008, 22:34
There are two courses left. The last course-the one Ollie refers to, is scheduled 15th Sept in EMA-induction week and TR starting the 13th of October in Stockholm. The AMS course(29th) is starting induction tomorrow.

D O Guerrero
7th Sep 2008, 22:34
Likewise on the course starting 29 Sep 08. Induction is as we speak...

Aviator321
12th Sep 2008, 20:11
Are FR still hiring/interviewing?
I know TRs are cancelled until March but are they filling up a pool?

potterdouglas
13th Sep 2008, 15:17
Can anyone give me any advice on the Ryanair Interview

i.e. the technical questions likely to be asked

and format of sim check

Thanks

Potter

potterdouglas
13th Sep 2008, 15:23
If you find out any info would be grateful if you could pass on

[email protected]

Thanks

jasonjdr
15th Sep 2008, 09:27
Indeed, just finished my week at EMA. Most were on course at CAE for the 29th. A couple are at CAE on the 6th Oct (me included now, as I have been bumped back a week. Which I dont mind now I have seen the mountain of manuals to get through :}). As far as I understand that could be the last TR course at CAE. It will then be Stockholm, and then from end of October no more TR courses until March next year.

Officially the TR course starts from the first day at EMA, so Red Paddy could be right.

However, there were still assessments going on last week at EMA on Tues & Weds. So good luck to all those who I saw there.

Boreas
15th Sep 2008, 15:18
Hi ,I'm going through assesment this month,appreciate if someone could send some info about the interview and simulator...any info if TR pilots will get a chance of been hiring or will be in the hold pool :ugh:????

Cheers

Boreas:ok:

EK4457
15th Sep 2008, 15:28
I know of a few people who have had assessments after the 'last' TR course had started. NONE have been accepted.

At £260 a pop it makes you very suspicious.....

EK

sawaya
15th Sep 2008, 17:43
i can second that :ok:

3Greens
16th Sep 2008, 08:50
i suggest you pop over to Terms&Endearment and take a look at the Ryanair Unpaid leave thread. I'm afraid it doesn't look good for those of you who hoped for a job at Ryanair.

Variation
16th Sep 2008, 13:08
Because this thread is more about assessments and recruitment and the other tread about the unpaid leave, I have posted a quote from the memo here:

Since we already have more than treble the applications we require for our possible future needs
we have decided to impose a recruitment freeze with immediate effect (from 15th September)
until further notice. This freeze will be reviewed again in early January 2009. Training courses
already scheduled for October will be run as planned, however no further recruits will be added
to these courses.

Are the already scheduled assessments canceled? Who is waiting for the results of the assessment and from which date?

Philip Jones
17th Sep 2008, 08:31
Ryanair's current predicament is due to the a/c reduction this winter. A friend fo mine was in for assesment yesterday and he was told they still plan to grow next year as much as originally planned. Everyone who had been scheduled on for assesment will still be brought in and they will be informed that they are in a holiding pool and if succcessful will get a call at later date. They explained to him that they are just trying to make sure all their current pilots get as much flying time as possible in what is sure to be an interesting winter for all airlines!

EK4457
17th Sep 2008, 12:04
No one doubts that there is a good reason for stopping recruitment at the minute. The problem is that they are still calling people forward for assessment AFTER they have told their workforce that they are not accepting any more cadets. At £260 a time.

I know of at least 6 people who have been 'assessed' in the last 3 weeks. NONE got through. They are all good pilots and good people. 2 had previous jet experience.

I'm sure nothing can be proved. They will be very careful like that. I'll just say that it seems very suspicious to me. Buyer beware......

EK

Philip Jones
17th Sep 2008, 13:11
EK4457 - I think you will find thay they are not calling people forward for assesment and are only seeing the people that were already scheduled in for assesment. The workforce was only told on Monday that they were not accepting any more cadets. Do you know someone who has been called in in the last 2 days? Ryanair cadet pass rate is notoriously low anyway. Like said above ryanair would not make a profit on £260 assesments considerign all the resources that go into the assesments.

wbryce
17th Sep 2008, 13:40
I agree with Philip, £260 (or £520 since its X 2) would not cover the costs to operate the simulator alone during your interview. My assessment lasted 3hrs in the sim (only 2 of us being assessed that day so they made the most of it), do this through a provider who are in the business to make money and it will set you back at least a grand!

EK4457
17th Sep 2008, 15:07
Phillip Jones - the work force were told about 3 or 4 weeks ago via crewdock. Sim assessments continued up untill yesterday.

As for the costs, we could argue all day as I'm sure we don't know the financial breakdown of the day itself. The HR guys are probably salaried so it doesn't matter if they are assessing or not. These costs are pretty much fixed whether there are 20 or 0 people assessed.

If you want to buy 1 hour on a 737 simulator with a compay like virtualaviation (ie they are making money out of it) it will cost you about £500. The same as Ryanair charge per hour.

I'm not suggesting they are making a fortune out of assessments. I agree, they are probably not doing an awful lot more than breaking even. My point is that I'm sure they would have stopped assessments a tad sooner if they were free.

But, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Oh and I completely agree. The standards for the FR assessment are very high, despite the rumours. They just seem to have got impossibly tough all of a sudden!

bigdaviet
17th Sep 2008, 15:14
I was told last week by 'the horses mouth' that there were still a few places left on the last remaining TR courses, and that assessments would be honoured to fill those last remaining places.

This of course means that should the standard of applicants be very high, it'll be a very high level required to be accepted hence why 'good pilots' may have been turned down.

If further assessments have been cancelled then that simply suggests that those places have now been filled.

Recruitment will start next year, that is almost certain. But its fair to say that some of those places will no longer go to 'newbies' and may well go to experienced pilots that have been made redundant by other airlines.

Also, I think a bit of basic number crunching and common sense will tell you that while £260pp covers much of the costs, Ryanair certainly dont make money from running assessments. And the staff involved would be more profitable conducting staff training/renewals etc.

727 Whisper Jet
17th Sep 2008, 22:26
Well here is my story. I had my assessment in July. I was offered a training course. Yea for me! Well now I had a list of things to do...on my nickel. about 3000 quid worth. Finally got all the clerical prerequisites done. Then just found out training courses were cancelled indefinately. I hope Boeing ends this strike soon!

jasonjdr
18th Sep 2008, 08:23

Sorry to hear your news. However, if you were offered a TR course from your asses in July then it would have been for this month? no? or at least you would have had a fixed date for the TR course. The memo states that all cadets booked on the course will continue, but no more will be added to courses as from 15th Sept. I am sure you will have had a course date by the 15th sept if your asses was in July. (my asses was on 19th Aug and I had the TR date by 27th).:hmm:

727 Whisper Jet
18th Sep 2008, 19:57
I am/was coming from the states. I had to get a background check, IAA Medical, UK Work Visa etc. Tried to get everything done ASAP. The work visa really slowed things down. Oh well maybe next year.

kniloc
24th Oct 2008, 15:19
Hi,

I've just passed my assessment with FR and am waiting for a course start date. I was wondering if anyone who has been through FRs TR could give me any tips on what I should read up on to prepare. Also, how much did you budget for TR, accomm, uniform etc.

Cheers!

arsilva
24th Oct 2008, 23:06
is RYanair recruting again?

wbryce
25th Oct 2008, 13:04
No, but they are planning for next year. Most of the people who are successful now will be given TR start dates of March 2009 onwards.

TR expense, my total for everything was 27k.

IrishJetdriver
25th Oct 2008, 18:18
Look at smartcockpit.com. Run by an FR LTC. It's all there. The TR course as far as the CBT is woefully inadequate at CAE although I understand that SAS is much better. The manuals they give you are good enough and the sim in general is first class. In my experience. Don't get bogged down at this stage. Also the Bill Bulfer RYANAIR 737NG manual is a must buy.

Cervantes88
25th Oct 2008, 18:45
Can anyone advise me if Ryanair have a maximum age restriction on cadets who wish to pursue the TR course?

Thanks in advance. :ok:

IrishJetdriver
26th Oct 2008, 21:52
i don'tthink so but you do have to pass the assessment like any other candidate. Do be aware that the older you get the harder it becomes to learn things and airlines do take that in to consideration (adversely but never officially).

When I did my TR last year it was the 4th one I did (aged 43) and it was not easy, even with solid previous experience. A chap on my course was slightly older than me and was a cadet with low hours. Unfortunately he didn't make it through the course but it was the sim that got him rather than the theoretical stuff. You have to be able to think quickly and learn quickly. The sim is there to practice what you already learned. I think it was the basics that let him down. This is the exception by the way.

good luck, but don't spend a cent on a TR until you have an absolutely guaranteed job offer. In writing and witnessed by the Pope.

Aerospace101
26th Oct 2008, 22:02
I think it was the basics that let him down.

I think most failures at TR or training in general comes down to capacity more than anything. And this is exactly what the airlines look for in their sim assessments.

Cervantes88
27th Oct 2008, 08:06
IrishJetDriver, thanks for the reply. I am along way off 43 so hope for me yet! Was the chap you were referring to chopped half way through the course, or nearer the beginning? What happens if you are slipping as the training progresses? Do they give remedial training or is that the end?

PAJ
2nd Dec 2008, 09:29
Losing an arm to Virtual Aviation will be nothing compared to the both arms, both legs you will lose to o'leary!:}

Captain Asad
5th Dec 2008, 00:33
I have an assesment booked with ryanair in christmas week.

any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Asad

Daniel777
8th Dec 2008, 08:41
Hi,

I am estimating to complete my training by summer and planning to apply to Ryanair.

What are the outlooks for the recruitment a that time?
Will there be many low hour pilot positions available due to the arriving aircraft and the new routes opening?( If I'm correct, right know a number of pilots with 500 hrs+type are waiting to start the type rating).

Any thoughs or advice about the assessment?

Thank you,

Daniel

IrishJetdriver
8th Dec 2008, 13:39
Ryanair are not actively training right now. There are no courses until March. Anyone who gets throught the assessment is in a holding pool until a course is scheduled for them. How long this wait can be is uncertain. I know places are being offered for July next year.

The airline is still expanding, however the amount of people leaving is almost zero so there is less demand for crew than perhaps a year ago.

There are far more applicants for jobs than there are jobs available so the competition will be tough. I suspect that most applicants will not be offered a place.

To have a chance you must have your theoretical knowledge at top level, know all you can about Ryanair, its history and the future, and most of all make sure your skills are at a good standard.

garyo
8th Dec 2008, 13:47
Hi,
I see several posters stating that they have either gone through an assessment with Ryanair or are "booked" for one shortly.
Is this the luck of the draw? My application is with them for months but heard nothing apart from an acknowledgement.

Does anyone know of any other airline recruiting low hrs pilots??? Have yet to do my TR. Can this be done in US or anywhere else? Should I consider funding this first and hoping to get a placement afterwards?

Feel the longer I am without flying experience the more difficult it will be to get anything.

Any suggestions?:)

IrishJetdriver
8th Dec 2008, 18:47
I mean that there are more applicants than jobs. Don't expect that because you can pay you should get in. Doesn't work that way. If you get selected for assessment and you pass, then you are in the holding pool. You just have to wait for a course to be offered. It could be a long wait. I do know that you got in the holding pool but not knowing anything definite is very frustrating!

As far as the other comment about getting a TR is concerned, then I strongly advise not to do so without a 100% watertight job guarantee. The FR course is good in that respect as if you get in the pool and don't get called then you don't pay for a TR and not have a job after.

BALLSOUT
8th Dec 2008, 22:04
I would say that you are best not to do the type rating first. I think you have a much better chance of being taken on if you need the type ratiing. You can then go through the Ryanair machine. They need to keep their courses busy and their sims going. If you get your own type rating, I think you may not be very interesting to them at all. It is a whole different ball game comming to them from another airline with experience on type, but if you have just done a type rating course at some other school, all you have done is do them out of the course fees. Not a good idea!

KFTW
14th Dec 2008, 13:13
Hi,
Is there anyone who has called for twice or mare than twice for assessment?R they hiring?

Regards,

KFTW

papahilliou
14th Dec 2008, 13:39
Hi guys,

About RyanAir assessment, does anybody know about any questions to prepare, or has any documents about it?

Other question is about the Sim Check. What to prepare, which plates, RWY, which exercices ?

Regards

Cédric

Subhuman
15th Dec 2008, 09:50
KFTW:

I can confirm that CAE are forwarding CV's and they in turn are getting assessment dates.

Now time for me to go study the 737NG :)

Captain Asad
24th Dec 2008, 15:29
PPL / CPL / ME / IR / MCC - £65,000

Ryanair Sim Assessment - £ 260

Sim Preparation - £ 600

New Suit for Interview - £ 200

Travel Cost / Hotel - £ 150

Getting rejected on Christmas Eve by email even though interview and sim assessment went well.............ABSOLUTELY F**KIN PRICELESS!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

smith
24th Dec 2008, 16:46
PPL / CPL / ME / IR / MCC - £65,000

Ryanair Sim Assessment - £ 260

Sim Preparation - £ 600

New Suit for Interview - £ 200

Travel Cost / Hotel - £ 150

Getting rejected on Christmas Eve by email even though interview and sim assessment went well.............ABSOLUTELY F**KIN PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

At least you saved the £22k on the TR:D

SD.
24th Dec 2008, 17:07
I would be inclined to say that they can be a bit more selective than in previous better times for the industry.

Also, the pass percentage rate for the assessments has never been that high. I heard a rumour of only 20% get through, how strong that rumour is I don't know.

tupues
24th Dec 2008, 20:16
Don't feel too bad. It's a myth that all you need is cash to get into Ryanair. The fact that they took on so many new FOs in the last couple of years made it look like it was easy to get in when really the % of applicants that made it through was quite low.

FrankAbagnale
24th Dec 2008, 23:00
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh:

DUB-GREG
25th Dec 2008, 23:22
Myself and a friend both got through this month.

Waiting to hear when the TR will be.

Sorry to hear the bad news, keep the head up and I think you can re-apply again in a few months? Anyone else confirm this?

mason
26th Dec 2008, 09:21
Hi Lads ,
Can some of you who were at the recent sim check shed some light on the tech questions that were asked and the Sim detail ?

Best regards and good luck .

Captain Asad
26th Dec 2008, 18:56
Ladies and Gents

Here's a little summary of what happened on my Assessment and some tips for anyone who's got an assessment coming up.

There were seven of us there on the day and i was last for the interview and the sim assessment so be prepared to wait around for a long time but the plus point in that is you get an idea of what everyone else is being asked in interview and the sim assessment.

technical interview lasted about 15 mins for me, whereas some were grilled for over 40 mins. I suppose if you tell them what they're asking, it should be straightforward. Try not to waffle on too much because they ask leading questions. the more you talk, the more they take you deeper into conversation.

HR Guy went first. First thing i was asked is what i know about Ryanair i.e Fleet size type of airplane, bases, rosters and how they work, number of sectors etc keep your answers short, simple but to the point. Then things about how i got into flying etc. this part was very straightforward.
Then the tech guy started and the first thing he asked was to explain what an airspeed indicator (ASI) was and how it worked. He tried to make it harder by wanting me to explain to him in layman terms, so anytime i said something like dynamic pressure he would interrupt and ask me to explain that as well. In a way i was leading him to the next questions. Then he asked what the Altimeter was and how it worked. same kind of thing. In both of these questions he was looking for specific terms for me to mention ie. expanding and contracting capsule, calibrated pointer, density decrease with height etc. He then asked me about the kind of engine on 737. CFM56 with a high bypass engine, and i had to explain to him how a high bypass engine works, where and how much thrust is generated, how much is bypassed etc.

In summary, know all you can about the 737-800 and Ryanair. HR guy seems to ask straightforward questions about Ryanair to see if you've done your homework. Tech guys can ask anything at all and its a stroke of luck. Everything they ask has been studied by us in our groundschool so we do know it. It sometimes seems hard to explain when asked directly.

one of the other guys for the interview was asked about what kind of elevator system the 737 has. another was asked about stability and another was asked about general spin recoveries and stall characteristics(maybe because he was an instructor). Every interview is different.

Sim assessment - in the morning we were given a basic brief about the 737 display and were handed plates for E Mids. we were told we would be doing a Trent 1N departure (BUT nobody on the day actually did it) along with NDB and ILS plates for E Mids.

When we got into the sim we were given a new clearance - '' Climb 2000ft on RW Heading, Upon reaching right turn Hdg 090 climbing to 5000ft''

everybody was given this clearance. Levelled off at 5k and we were given left and right turns onto hdgs followed by speed increases and decreases. Try to maintain all the speed, altitude and hdg clearances.
This was followd by an emergency. I had a left engine failure. My partner had a fire in the rear toliets. Most others were told of passengers having heart attacks. In all cases we requested a return to E Mids. I called for the checklist, he immediately said complete and gave me back both engines after i made a radio call to request Vectors for an approach. he paused the sim so we could brief the plates and then carried out an NDB approach. my first approac was good and about 100ft from the threshold he instructed me to go around. when i cleaned up the aircaft, the sim was frozen and he put us back on to a 4 mile final which we landed and stopped on the runway centreline. Thats the end of the Sim assessment.

Apologies for going on abit too long but hope this helps. Best of luck wth your assessment. Let me know how it goes. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
Any other questions, just ask.

Captain Asad

tony2F
26th Dec 2008, 22:11
I get more confused the more I read about all these assessments for Ryan. I did mine over 6 mths ago and since that NONE of my mates got in, and nearly all of those did the so called ryan approved MCC!!! I just do not know what they are looking for!!! I know one guy who had over 1000 hrs as a FI and he didn't even get an interview, was told he didn't fit the profile. Anyway these things do work out in the end. I got another job 3 weeks ago and I have to say, I'm much much happier. Captain Asad, it will work out mate, and for the best. Ryan seem to be turning down almost everyone at the minute, makes you wonder.................££

wbryce
27th Dec 2008, 19:26
tonyf, they will not make a profit from your interview. The operating costs from your simulator session will make sure of that.

Remember guys, they are looking at you as potential commanders for the future so it may be good keeping your answers short and to the point if its a subject your not sure of, if they leading you into questions, then work your magic and lead them into an area your good at and show them you know what your talking about.

virtualaviation
30th Dec 2008, 08:22
wbryce is right.

The hourly operating costs of the simulator, and the staffing costs, mean there is no way that Ryanair will be making a profit out of running the assessments.

In fact, they will probably be making quite a substantial hourly loss.

tony2F
30th Dec 2008, 10:16
That may be true guys, as some of you would be in a better position than myself to know, all I'm saying is that those of us trying to choose an MCC provider should maybe think about doing the so called ryan approved one because its more expensive and does not seem to produce the result that potential pilots expect, and that has been proven by at least 8 people I know. Maybe spend the extra money on doing some hrs on an 800 sim and that might prepare you better. I know everyone cant get the job but its a sad state of affairs that the ryan MCC isnt getting more pilots into the right seat. We cant all be crap pilots. A 10 min interview and 30 min in the sim cant achieve an in deapth look at the potential employee either. My last interview was 30 min and 2 hrs in the sim.

There's no doubt that Ryan is a sought after place to be, and righly so, but maybe think a little more before you spend your money. It seams to be very difficult at the moment to be the right applicant. Anyway good luck to all of you applying. These things work out in the end. Trust me!

EK4457
30th Dec 2008, 13:26
I've said this before and I'll say it again; you need to pick your time to apply to FR very carefully. A prudent wannabe would wait. I'd put money on a much higher pass rate in six months or so, roughly when 738s get delivered and pax figures hit the roof. Just like last spring/summer.

As for Virtualaviation:

The hourly operating costs of the simulator, and the staffing costs, mean there is no way that Ryanair will be making a profit out of running the assessments.

If you go to a company's web site very similar to your own name, you will find the 738 sim is roughly £500 per hour, incl 30 minute briefing. Obviously, they will be making money out of this.

FR assessment is £260 per applicant. 2 applicants per sim for an hour works out at £520 per hour. In other words, slightly more that a viable business charges. I cannot see how they are NOT making money.

The proof is in the pudding. They are assessing masses of wannabes as we speak and fully admit there are no TR courses and no jobs for them untill well into next year if at all. For an airline which charges for debit card payments and uniform, this only makes sense if it is financially viable to do so.

EK

KFTW
23rd Jan 2009, 22:23
Hi,
When did u get mail from Ryanair?where did u apply?What experience you have?

Regards and best of luck,
KFTW

Spanjan
25th Jan 2009, 16:16
Hey there! you a mail for the 10th? I am up for the 4th of february and working my ass off to get everything sorted and the theoretical work up to speed.

Let me know if any fellow pilots will be there on the 4th!!

cheers!

Spanjan
25th Jan 2009, 18:54
Hi there,

well I did hear different rumours concerning the re-application process... Make sure you get in contact with them again and see whether another application would be applicable. Rumours are that you should be able to have another assessment within 6 months... Also check the other pprune threads.

good luck

Skydrol Leak
1st Feb 2009, 21:50
Hi guys,

I have tried to find info about what kind of sim is FR using.I know they used to asses you on 200's but i am not sure if they do that now on NG?Anyone has a clue?Thanks

Skydrol

virtualaviation
1st Feb 2009, 21:58
It's been a long time since they used the -200 for assessments. It's the -800 full flight simulator now.

However, for the purpose of the assessment, the standard PFD/ND display layout is normally changed to EFIS/MAP.

Subhuman
2nd Feb 2009, 12:27
The reason they use EFIS MAP is because the standard "six pack" layout is an easier scan as you are are probably coming from SEP/MEP background so a PFD is going to be quite alien to you.

Swinglow
4th Feb 2009, 13:10
Hello! Long time reader, but first post!
I have an assesment coming up in a few weeks. As i understand it's well spent money to buy some time in an 737 sim before.

Do you guys know any places where you could get hold of a sim? Prefarably near a major airport in the UK or somewere in northern europe (living in Sweden)

I know of Virtual Aviation at Gatwik and Heatrow and Bournemouth Flight Simulation. Virtual Aviation was quite expensive and they had no dates before my assesment and Bournemouth isn't exatly the easiest place to get to from Sweden..

Thanks for for the help!

flyingmutant
4th Feb 2009, 17:01
I've heard that Ryanair have started asking more and more technical questions over the phone before agreeing to offer you an interview/sim assessment.

Just wondering what kind of questions they ask and what I should be ready for?

gb2009
4th Feb 2009, 17:26
Hi,

I passed the Ryanair assessment in Jan, all in all a very relaxed day and good fun.

I did some brushing up in the B737 200 simulator. The 800 was set up with the standard “T” it was near enough the same as the 200.
The company is called Bournemouth Flight Simulation. After being in the simulator we went through a folder with a lot of previous and present interview questions.

The site was bohsim,com. When I called them the sim was around £250 per hour.

I’m waiting to here from Ryanair now for a TR date.

Good luck everyone, and I hope this helps.

GB2009

captain_rossco
4th Feb 2009, 17:31
Please Pm Me For Feeedback Questions

Subhuman
5th Feb 2009, 09:29
Just to keep everyone up to speed with the process:

I personally didn't get any technical questions on the phone.

Got interview date at EMA (stay at the Holiday Inn, half the price of Thistle and an extra 1min drive), you rock up at 9 for 9:30 start. Group brief, just explaining what will happen during the day, and an overview of the 737-800, they also ask what you did your MCC in (it seems as if they tailor your sim assessment to your jet experience, the Oxford guys with 40 hours had a lot more than the guys who did an MCC in an FNPTII). You then get given some plates, in my case the NDB/DME RWY 27 at EMA and the TNT 1T SID. Your paired up and given a short amount of time to brief to one another.

You then go off and do your interview and sim, not nessesaraily in that order. Sim for me, involved a takeoff, using the flight directors and auto throttle, to 1500agl, A/T cancelled and 90% N1 set, then accellerating to 220 knots at 3000agl and flaps on schedule, once we were level on the SID, the flight directors were removed, and we did some 30 and 45 AoB turns, accelerating to 320 knots and then in our case, we turned and did some tracking towards the ndb, with some spatial awareness "what heading to intercept XXX" type questions. descended down to a height to start the procedure, then given an engine fire, just as your MCC taught you. They also like to see NITS briefs and PM will fly while PF will go through it with the assessor. This is only done once, the second run the emergency is omitted. You then do a normal NDB in nil wind, cloud level at 1000', and land.

Interview was informal - one HR guy (who anyone with the interview will have spoken to previously) and your sim assesor. Questions that I had that I can remember:

Personal:
How did you get to this point? (training etc)
What do you know about Ryanair?
Why do you want to work for us?
Do you think you could contribute to Ryanair's sucess and why?

Tech questions:
What do you know about the 737-800?
Could you explain how the Jet engines work in layman terms?
Why are they high bypass?
Whats propulsive effciency? (garden path as you can see :D)
What is radiation fog?
What is advection fog?
A SigWx chart was pushed in front of me, he wanted to know what the number in the boxes was, how the areas of sig wx were designated, what XXX meant on cloudbase, naming a few fronts and weather associated, and jetstream position and speed.

Other questions on the day I got told about:
What is V2?
(in regard to a Seminole) What sort of engines does it have?
(Seminole again) Why does it stall at the root first?
VOR and NDB ranges?
What Navaids do you have in the middle of the atlantic?
Moment arms on T tail aircraft ( if you flew a tomahawk they asked this)

The interview isn't as bad as I thought, I went last though so by half 4 you've had adrenaline buzzing round for a good 6 hours so I was probably more chilled than I was in the morning.

Well, I didn't get the job - however I did do a bit of time with virtual aviation before as it has been a while since I had done any IF and I have to say - the guy was spot on with what to expect and the simulator is pound for pound what you get in the real thing.

Did it help? Well I didn't get the job - but I like to think it did! Thats the nature of the beast...

Feel free to PM me for any other Q's or if you'd like to give me a job ;).

woofly31
5th Feb 2009, 14:28
Hi

For you guys that have been offered Type Ratings that will be conducted at East Midlands. Out of interest how much is this course costing? Is it the same as the CAE and SAS/OAA prices? :ok:

WallyWumpus
5th Feb 2009, 14:51
Woofly,

Cost was one of the first things I asked about when called about TR dates and locations. I was told that all places cost exactly the same, at a shade over 33k EUR.

Wally.

captain_rossco
5th Feb 2009, 15:06
Incorrect, EMA is more expensive at EUR 33k the other two are below EUR 30k

Regards

CR

BOHsimdotcom
5th Feb 2009, 23:19
Hi,

It would be really good if some one could help me out.

I understand with the brookfield (Ryanair) contract from 0 -500 hours you get 55.50 euro ph and 500 - 1500 you get 75.50 euro ph.

Is the 0 - 500 hours JAR 25 time or on type (Boeing 737 800)?
Is the 500 - 1500 Jar 25 time, total time or on type (Boeing 737 800)?

I have 500 hours on the B737 200.

Thank you in advance.

BOHsim.com

captain_rossco
6th Feb 2009, 07:11
It'll be dictated as per their prerequisistes for SO/FO/SFO's on their website or on ppjn I'd imagine.

Kindest Regards
CR

P.S

This BOHSIM is begnning to crop up everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be expecting a huge discount will follow on their 737 for ppruners, if only because its £60 more per hour than OAA's 734! Enjoy.

virtualaviation
6th Feb 2009, 07:47
Maybe disregard posts by gb2009! He has been criticised on another thread in this same forum for blatantly advertising Bohsim without mking clear his connection. In fact, all the posts he's ever made are about promoting them.

Make your own mind up!

Hi,

I passed the Ryanair assessment in Jan, all in all a very relaxed day and good fun.

I did some brushing up in the B737 200 simulator. The 800 was set up with the standard “T” it was near enough the same as the 200.
The company is called Bournemouth Flight Simulation. After being in the simulator we went through a folder with a lot of previous and present interview questions.

The site was bohsim,com. When I called them the sim was around £250 per hour.

I’m waiting to here from Ryanair now for a TR date.

Good luck everyone, and I hope this helps.

GB2009

GB2009 at least try to hide the fact that your advertising you have posted 4 of the same posts so far ..

business bad lately?

gb2009
6th Feb 2009, 15:22
Ok yes i now do work for BOHsim.com

I did all my Ryanair assessment practice with BOHsim.com

I have been accepted for the Ryanair TR

I did work for EAAC

and yes there is a large discount to be had if you email me

As i have said before please sent me a email with any questions and i will do my best to answer them.

Sorry fot not being clear the first time VA.

Hope this helps,

GB2009

Crazy Pilot
7th Feb 2009, 16:19
Typical!!!

I don t think topless would work!

There again maybe thats where I ve been going wrong in the UK

It would if I was the Assessor! :)

Crazy Pilot
7th Feb 2009, 16:29
Maybe disregard posts by gb2009! He has been criticised on another thread in this same forum for blatantly advertising Bohsim without mking clear his connection. In fact, all the posts he's ever made are about promoting them.

Make your own mind up!

And with a user name like yours you have never done that have you! :ugh:

back to the thread!

The plates handed out at the briefing where for Durham Tees Valley (16-2 NDB DME Rwy 23, 11-2 NDB ILS DME Rwy 23, and 10-3 the departure plate)

The departure clearance was straight ahead to 6000ft to Gasko to intercept the 194 course inbound to POL.

a variety of different headings to steer whilst climbing/descending. also got given some speed changes to deal with and an NDB QDM interception.

The emergency was an engine fire. Non-flying pilot was supposed to follow "memory items", i.e. just seek confirmation of, and shut down the appropriate engine. One thing I kind of messed up at this stage was my over use of rudder which induced a violent Dutch roll! The examiner helped me through it though. Once the emergency had been dealt with and the plane was under control, the engine was given back, the sim was frozen, and we were given time to plan the NDB-DME approach.

Just before I started briefing the approach, the examiner asked me where I was and what kind of hold entry I would do. We were positioned to the south west of the TD NDB so it would have been an offset join, but we were not required to hold, but instead fly from the beacon directly to the 8d point and go straight into the approach procedure. I seem to remember it being quite busy trying to lose speed and height and get the flaps down. The first approach was not the best! My rate of descent was too high and my tracking was off. When I became visual the examiner repositioned at the top of the approach (5.5d). I then absolutely nailed every height on the way down and made a smooth landing! It was then time to switch roles and I must admit I was much happier flying it than monitoring.

One thing they pointed out which could be useful to know is that the "calls" asked for in the briefing they send out were only the bare minimum. They said they expected us to apply whatever we had learnt in our MCC courses e.g. the 80kt call, 100 above DA/MDA, and the calling out of heights on the approach etc. The after takeoff cx list was also required to be called for, but an exact timing of when to do this was not given.

MVE
7th Feb 2009, 18:45
Well said crazy pilot!
VA I think the message reads.....pot this is kettle , standby for message...... message reads - black ,over!
No problem with trying to defend your business but misleading posts like 'Ryan don't make money out of their sims' are as bad as those you accuse gb2009 of. :=

v&b
9th Feb 2009, 11:10
Hey...
Direct entry captain interview coming up... type rated.
Any info about the Tech interview? type related only or ATPL stuff too?
From the paper received looks SIM profile very similar to the ones described in this thread. correct?

Rgds.:ok:

J17
11th Feb 2009, 17:50
Hi,

Is there someone going to the Ryanair assesment Tuesday 24th of February 2009 ??

greetz.

nick14
12th Feb 2009, 09:33
I was under the impression that all the Type ratings were going to be 33K at all centers.:confused:

N

-8AS
12th Feb 2009, 13:31
V&B. If you are rated on the 737 (and if you have an interview for Direct Entry Command, I assume you do), the tech questions will be mainly on the 737 NG systems as well as operational considerations e.g. what would you do if...?

egsg
14th Feb 2009, 19:29
Hi J17 i have an assessment same week as you, i've sent you a personal message and lookforward to hearing from you soon. If there is any one eles out there going to ryan air ema assessment week 24 feb 2008 lets get in touch and maybe share an hours sim practice. :ok:

Carey Hunt
28th Feb 2009, 19:25
Hi,
For those of you who have had a recent assessment, I am curious as to the detail in the sim...particularly for low hour bods and anyone who did MCC on something other than 737...
Does the sim assessment always/normally include an emergency of some sort? And is it usually a non-precision approach? Also are FDs allowed/used? Any info much apprecieted!
Thanks!
CH

Carey Hunt
28th Feb 2009, 19:27
Hi,
For those of you who have had a recent assessment, I am curious as to the detail in the sim...particularly for low hour bods and anyone who did MCC on something other than 737...
Does the sim assessment always/normally include an emergency of some sort? And is it usually a non-precision approach? Also are FDs allowed/used? Any info much appreciated!
Thanks!
CH

goose83
1st Mar 2009, 00:23
Hello!

I'll have the assessment next week .. can u tell me what kind of technical questions did they asked you?

Did u do and NDB app? UK APT?

Hope u did well!

Thanks

nick14
1st Mar 2009, 10:12
TO for a basic SID from Newcastle.

CLimbs, turns, accelerations and decelerations. Sim was paused and then I was asked where I was in relation to the Newcastle NDB on what QDR then what direction I would turn in to intercept the xx QDR/QDM then flew an ND approach to land.

N

goose83
1st Mar 2009, 10:46
Were u asked any tech question? personal intv?