PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

BHD2BFS
9th Feb 2012, 22:15
Applied just before Xmas, and now waiting for a date

highflied
10th Feb 2012, 15:57
Congrats,hope it goes well,i think your right,dont know if location makes any difference,think its all just a lottery

Pittslover
10th Feb 2012, 16:48
Do you guys know if FR will accept somebody with C208 Jump Pilot experience with 800 hours? Or is that to much experience already?

Jerry Lee
10th Feb 2012, 18:27
Too much experience... :ugh::ugh::ugh: Every time I read these words I don't know what to say...

By the way I know some FR cadets had 1000 hours TT and instructed for a year in America.

Pittslover
10th Feb 2012, 18:45
I know it sounds stupid but that's the FR game not mine. Instructor experiance is fine i know that. The Caravan is a turbine that's why iam asking. Who do I need to call FR or CAE?

Jerry Lee
10th Feb 2012, 20:27
AFAIK your application will be screened by either CAE or Oxford (is this one still in the game with FR?) - according to which one you're applying through.

parker123
12th Feb 2012, 15:20
I received an email from OAA in December saying that they had forwarded on my CV to RYR and that it would be a few weeks until I heard anything back. Well it's been a few months now and I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

I know they aren't associated anymore, but is this kind of wait normal even there was still an association between the two?

Has anyone heard what might be going on, or spoken to OAA to see if they know anything, or has RYR slowed down the levels of recruitment at the moment?

Thanks

highflied
13th Feb 2012, 16:33
I recieved the same email,i know a good few others also,no one has heard anything since,doubt it will come to anything to be honest.Best of luck!

SKAlimero
13th Feb 2012, 16:58
hey there!

anyone here being called for the 23rd FEB ?

Pittslover
13th Feb 2012, 18:49
Wouldnt they find out about your experience? I mean for example if you have a class rating or a FI rating the CAA will put that on your license.

ben1711
14th Feb 2012, 09:54
...no, on the 8th of march.....BUB!!:ok:

aronkari
14th Feb 2012, 23:38
I´m also going on the 8th of march..i hope they wont give us hell :p

aronkari
15th Feb 2012, 00:11
I applied on the 29th of january and was called on the 9th of february for the 8th of march assessment.. it worked really quickly for me :)

TruePilot
15th Feb 2012, 14:36
Hi all!

Does anyone know what bases they are missing pilots on?? I mean, whats the point of giving them your base wishes. Just to be thrown to a random one.. If you ask me, its better to know just some info regarding their need so that you at least can pick a base of your "wish"! :}

TruePilot
18th Feb 2012, 07:10
Thanks for the reply Pilot hans..

I am not worried about the bases.. Trust me, at the moment, I'll even fly out of Kabul :}.. It would have been nice to know something before the interview, that was my thought. But thanks again..

WeMadeYou
18th Feb 2012, 11:54
I've seen guys with hours and rating on F50 and B737 and a lot of instructors get the job.

lespaul06
19th Feb 2012, 20:35
a guy in a course ahead of us , was a fighter pilot in the french army and a Citation captain before starting as a cadet in FR .....:O

neffets
20th Feb 2012, 07:13
Are you getting payed during the line training? If so, does anyone know how much?

lespaul06
21st Feb 2012, 08:39
You start earning some money as soons as you are safety pilot released . minimum legal is 12 sectors , target is usually 30 for cadets ! and 35 € per block hour , until line checked then you move up to 55 an hour !

noox89
21st Feb 2012, 16:12
Hello guys,

just to help those pilots who are preparing for interview. Briefing at 10 am in Hangar 10 in STN. After that you get a number and they pair you up. Then you go upstairs where the interview is carried out. It takes around 20 minutes but you put there all the requested materials and the HR lady asks you common questions: Why RYR, What do you know about RYR, Why do you fly, What is most difficult at your current job? Ryanair examiner is also present and the conversation gradually transitions to technicalities: What engines? How the engine works, by-pass ratio, Where is the thrust generated? How many seats? How many Flight attendants, Where do you find these regulations? What is at wingtips of B738? After that sim assessment: It is beautiful CAE 5000 B737-800... You may sit wherever you want to (left or right). There was nonstandard departure with FD and after bug up FD off, some climbs, descends, possition report (RYR 737 DISTANCE 10 NM IBHG, QDM 180 HB). Expect some troubles once you get descend from ATC (we got smoke in lavatory). Declared emergency and requested vectors for ILS in Belfast. at 800 ft NAV1 fail, continue and full-stop. End of detail, you switch and you perform your PM duties. IMPORTANT: do not get too preoccupied with the aircraft, leave some capacity for problem solution!!! Trim the airplane, it flies like any other airplane just do not fight it, trim it!!! IMPORTANT: once you add power it will pitch up! the opposite happens once you reduce power.

In our case there were 8 pilots, 2 got hired (I know that 5 got the no go e-mail Thursday after the assessment but it varies!!! The course on 16th got the good news on this Monday!) I was the lucky one and have Intro in EMA at the beggining of April. If anyone else attends the Intro on that dates please PM me.

Good luck to everyone! I hope this helps!

B737Dude
21st Feb 2012, 16:57
Nice on noox89 :-) quick question too all.. From the day you send your cv in.. How many days does it take for RYR to give a interview date?

Thanks

noox89
21st Feb 2012, 17:13
Applied in Mid-Dec, got the call at the end of January and interview in February.

neffets
21st Feb 2012, 19:31
Did you do your MCC-course on a B737? Or was the sim assesment pretty much the first time you entered a 737 cockpit? I mean, it must be really hard to perform well if you suddenly jump into a cockpit your are not familiar with at all?!

Pakla
21st Feb 2012, 19:31
Hi Noox, sorry...via OAA after that famous email (your cv has been sent...) or CAE application?
Compliment.

B737Dude
21st Feb 2012, 19:34
So it takes approximately 1 month for RYR to call after sending in the CV?

Jerry Lee
21st Feb 2012, 19:50
Noox89, did you make?

SkyMe_and_MyDuprees
21st Feb 2012, 20:18
Hiya all,

It might take 1 month to get that call for the "ryaneuromillionaires" that got that joy.

Honestly I never understood the pattern if there’s any regarding each candidate. For instance, as we all know, if you're a cadet of <300h (20-28yrs) you'll have some sort of primacy of choice, but lets face it is a bit strange why hundreds of young cadets like me that fit the profile, didn’t receive the call.

In my case, I applied both CAE and OAA multiple times (when they let me) and nothing what so ever, I'm glad that I witness loads of people getting it but for me is frustrating.

I suppose I'm not the only one in this position, but I think that if Ryanair posted something like "...due to high volume of applications, we'll pick up a random serial number of applications for the assessment”, I think I wouldn’t feel as sad.

irishone
21st Feb 2012, 20:56
Hang in there skyme...2.5 yrs of updating cv's with cae before I got an interview.

galwaypilot
21st Feb 2012, 21:26
Thought I might re post my earlier post, just to see with time has peoples opinions changed on this matter?!

Ryanair counts it’s self as the leading European low cost carrier from Ireland...?

Their career web page on their site is very impressive indeed, with bold statements such as “Ryanair does not operate seniority lists or other pointless restrictions that hold back talented people.”

Yet over the last 8months (approx) Ryanair has seemed to have ceased all recruitment for Irish applications only. This has being confirmed off the record, by senior personnel within Ryanair. These statements have been verified by internal documents proving there is a steady stream of assessments along with a large number cadets flowing through the company. Coincidently no Irish are among the huge volumes being called for an assessment.

One would ask the question to why a Leading Irish airline, which claims to be both an equal opportunities employer and has no pointless restrictions that hold back talented people, would have such a restriction based on a person’s nationality and not based upon their talent. This would lead to question Ryanair’s profound claims as mentioned above.

Also a consideration towards the equal opportunities act of 1998 should be mentioned as it’s a breach of the law. Due to European legislation any company within Europe has to equally consider applications from any member country. You will find the likes of certain airlines within Europe would prefer to support their own before looking elsewhere. The only way around this legislation is to have requirements to speak the national language. Yet Ryanair seem to be disregarding Irish people in the worst economic crisis since the 1930’s without the audacity of even processing their applications for an assessment.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/reply_small.gif (http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6754697&noquote=1)

galwaypilot
21st Feb 2012, 21:31
Ryanair counts it’s self as the leading European low cost carrier from Ireland...?

Their career web page on their site is very impressive indeed, with bold statements such as “Ryanair does not operate seniority lists or other pointless restrictions that hold back talented people.”

Yet over the last 8months (approx) Ryanair has seemed to have ceased all recruitment for Irish applications only. This has being confirmed off the record, by senior personnel within Ryanair. These statements have been verified by internal documents proving there is a steady stream of assessments along with a large number cadets flowing through the company. Coincidently no Irish are among the huge volumes being called for an assessment.

One would ask the question to why a Leading Irish airline, which claims to be both an equal opportunities employer and has no pointless restrictions that hold back talented people, would have such a restriction based on a person’s nationality and not based upon their talent. This would lead to question Ryanair’s profound claims as mentioned above.

Also a consideration towards the equal opportunities act of 1998 should be mentioned as it’s a breach of the law. Due to European legislation any company within Europe has to equally consider applications from any member country. You will find the likes of certain airlines within Europe would prefer to support their own before looking elsewhere. The only way around this legislation is to have requirements to speak the national language. Yet Ryanair seem to be disregarding Irish people in the worst economic crisis since the 1930’s without the audacity of even processing their applications for an assessment.

Not Long Now
21st Feb 2012, 22:10
You seem to have fallen into the trap of believing what RYR say.

galwaypilot
21st Feb 2012, 22:26
The point is, this is not what they are saying...

PIOSEE
21st Feb 2012, 23:13
Galwaypilot- Thank you for the post... I 100% agree, whether to call it a "ban" i don't know, but you have a point. Maybe it's the fact that Ireland being in western europe and Ryanair's expansion plans are happening in the east, they are focusing taking on eastern european pilots?? Mainly for location purposes. Again who knows! This place should be called 'rumourmill.com'. One thing is certain I have heard of this Irish pilot recruitment freeze currently taking place from EXTREMELY reliable sources within Ryanair. (No names going to be mentioned obviously!)

I share both your interest and concern on the matter, as am one of the Irish who is waiting for the call that may never come, all because of a little purple book bearing the golden harp with my photo in it. Pity! Let's hope it changes for the better.:sad:

20pilot
21st Feb 2012, 23:22
Galwaypilot,

I totally agree, its not very fair with how they are dealing with things. I have the qualities which Ryanair seem to be hiring at the moment, e.g-20-28 year old, <300hrs. I applied back at the end of November around the same time as people i know, they got the call 3 weeks after they applied and im still waiting, 3months after. Even people i know that have applied within the last few weeks have been through the assessment and have jobs!:( p.s. i have 1st time passess in theory,cpl and ir with and excellent mcc/joc report.

PIOSEE
21st Feb 2012, 23:32
20pilot, where did you complete your training?! Plus what nationality are you and the guys who you know who have been called for the assessment recently? Rgs SB

waffler
22nd Feb 2012, 00:28
Wake up.
If you have applied to them, then surely you have done some research on how they operate.
If it is true that they are not hiring Irish pilots then it is probable this edict came from the top.
Irish pilots can be trouble, they are not desperate enough, they organise amongst themselves.
Better to hire some Hungarians who can be bullied.
In the long run you will be grateful that you were not 'chosen'.
Best of luck to you in the job hunt.

BHD2BFS
22nd Feb 2012, 00:46
i really dont understand why people think irish pilots are not being called for interviews, i know several who have/ had interviews

galwaypilot
22nd Feb 2012, 00:52
Waffler.. It's easy for you to say we're not lucky to be "chosen". Really not much else out there. So a little respect/consideration would be nice. No doubt if you are/were employed there, the horror stories one would read on this site didn't deter you from appying to Ryanair/joining them. No job/waiting for a few years for the first break OR Ryanair? Personally, I'd prefere the latter. :rolleyes:

galwaypilot
22nd Feb 2012, 01:04
"i really dont understand why people think irish pilots are not being called for interviews, i know several who have/ had interviews"

Ok BHD2BFS, let's hear it! Who are they? when did they apply and when did they get the interviews? where did they train? and how many people are we talking about?!

Further more, you quoted earlier you recieved an email from CAE? How's that coming along?! Assessment date yet?!:=

parker123
22nd Feb 2012, 06:32
Has anyone got a call from CAE recently? I applied through OAA and got that infamous december email and nothing back. I spoke to them and they said things were still ongoing but I'm not hopefull.

I've not got a sense of entitlement that I should be getting an interview but it's the same information that goes through both companies so I'm not sure why i wouldn't at least get a call from CAE to check if I had first time passes etc. There doesn't seem to be any contact information for then either. Although if the majority aren't getting called that makes me feel a bit better.

chorse
22nd Feb 2012, 08:23
I just wanted to say the anti-Irish thing is definitely happening. I am Irish and have heard nothing since finishing training 9 months ago. Everyone in my school got an interview right up to a month before I applied. Its common knowledge people. All the instructors in my school, current FR pilots etc are openly discussing it now. It's actually nothing short of a national disgrace. One of Ireland's most successful companies not interviewing Irish people. Crazy stuff. Someone ought to ring up Joe Duffy!!

captain.weird
22nd Feb 2012, 08:40
Where did you train chorse?

PIOSEE
22nd Feb 2012, 08:57
True Chorse, couldn't be anymore obvious at this stage. Contacting the media is not an option as it's been tried. Ryr have it all figured out! Captain.weird, I have done all my training in Ireland. I'm sure Chorse is the same...

meger5
22nd Feb 2012, 09:03
Totally agree, the facts speak for themselves.

Ryr do not want Irish Pilots indefinitely and nothing is going to change that unless MOL & Co have a complete change of tact.

These people would eat their own children in the pursuit of profit :sad:

parker123
22nd Feb 2012, 10:32
We seem to be victims of timing, as with most things. Pretty unlucky but there's nothing we can do. I was told that the OAA applications are still ongoing but I'd take that with a pinch of salt. As I said, the only saving trace is that it generally seems quiet, but then again not everyone comes on here.

An email saying you were unsuccessful isn't too much to ask. But this is aviation.

20pilot
22nd Feb 2012, 11:41
hi, I completed my training through OAA and the guys were all from mainland UK. im from NI myself.

Eirjet
22nd Feb 2012, 14:04
I applied in November too,I have also been informed off a reliable source in RYR at the start of Feb who said don't expect a call soon. Typical Irish airline banning their own. Only in Ireland!
Also the last Irish person to get into Ryanair was interviewed in May 2011 and he started his course in August. Thats a fact.

lespaul06
22nd Feb 2012, 14:40
My god !!! check your informations guys before saying so much **** lol !
I have just finished my type rating and my partner was irish , and there were some irish guys ahead of us and also in the courses behind !
So think twice next time .... :O

Raccatto
22nd Feb 2012, 14:41
Hi !
Thinking about that , ,
it could sound like a title, the kick-off of a new TV fiction / telenovela , freshly produced.!
just to laugh and not desperating about that email RYR sent to a great platea of us, in the mid of December!!
It's not definitely a good thing waiting for any kind of signs from outside so passively, but i really understand, maybe there's only that ...

Bye all!

Eirjet
22nd Feb 2012, 15:12
@lespaul06 Are you sure?
My source is involved with interviews and he said they have'nt interviewed a single Irish person since the summer last year!

LeeluDallas
22nd Feb 2012, 16:56
I have a question, don't know if I have to put it here, but here it goes, if it should be in other topic, please just tell me.

I'm about to type rate in the 737NG, and after the type rating I'll send my CV to various companies, including Ryanair. Is it a waste of time, or would they choose a type rated pilot also?

Thanks a lot!

dudubrdx
22nd Feb 2012, 18:27
Been waiting for 2 years with no Luck. applied through CAE then OAA and still nothing...
Hopefully i'm flying for a great company, on a great plane and a nice country now!

aronkari
22nd Feb 2012, 20:57
Has anyone here been called for the 8th of march assessment? please PM me :)

aronkari
26th Feb 2012, 13:39
Can anyone that has been through the assessment tell me if you are allowed to use the V/S mode on the NDB/DME approach or do you have to do it all manual? :rolleyes:

Hank Moody
26th Feb 2012, 14:41
all manual, no FD during approach

TruePilot
26th Feb 2012, 14:54
Does anyone know how long it takes for ryr to answer you? For whether you have passed or not.. The post on page145 explains some.. But does anyone else have something to add???

golfcharlie232
26th Feb 2012, 16:01
You guys moaning about Ryr not hiring Irish people don't know what you're talking about.
On the previous page, someone said the last Irish to join Ryanair started the TR course in August.
Now that's funny because I know almost a dozen Irish who started the course since then.
I know a few Irish who got invited to the interview recently (within the previous 5-6 weeks).
Ireland is a (relatively) small country. There are over 10 times more inhabitants in the UK or France than there is in Ireland. If they want to pick evenly people from all over Europe, it would be fair to assume there would be 10 times more British than Irish. In fact, there are a lot of Irish given the size of the country.
The fact you are not being called is more down to the current recruitment needs and/or the very simple fact that not everyone gets called for the interview.

Ryanair don't care where you're from. Pilots are from almost all the nationalities in the world. Russians, Chinese, Americans, Brazilians, Serbians, Italians, French, British, Spanish, .. and 130 more.
If you speak English, have the right to work in Europe, are under 30, preferably not a female (judging my the very low number of female pilots who joined last year), ATPL exams passed 1st time with maximum 1 retake, first time pass on the CPL and IR, MCC on a jet and not a FNPT2, no or little previous airline experience, then you might (lets say one chance out of 10) get invited for an interview.
If you do not fit into these criteria, just forget it.
Oh and, 9 month wait is nothing. Talk to the guys who waited 5 years before getting any kind of pilot jobs ...

Keep spreading false information and you will surely not get any call anytime soon indeed.

You could say many things about Ryanair, but they are probably the company that cares the least about your nationality. And I think this is really great.
They have many indians within their pilots, arabs, south-americans, russians, Canadians, etc ... and obviously a lot of Europeans.

If you want real facts, here are a few:
Ryanair is not hiring a lot right now and it has been like this for the last 1-2 months or so. They are hiring, but a lot less than last year.
They are no longer expending and don't forecast huge employment waves like they used to have until the end of last year. Right now, about 80 aircraft are grounded. Have a look in STN, on the North-east aprons you can see at least 20 of them.
They don't seem to yet realise many many many seniors FOs are leaving as soon as they are put on the Captain upgrade course. Reason for this? Mainly because a Captain upgrade means relocating, usually in some not very enjoyable bases (Pescara, Kaunas, Trapani, ... 5/3 roster, a lot less flying time, far from family, a few flights making commuting almost impossible).
More recently, there have been rumours of a new roster they would introduce around this summer. It would be a 4/3 flexible pattern for Captains, instead of the current 5/4 or 5/3. Now, while most Captains were fairly happy with the company, a lot of them would leave straight away if this is happening. And a lot are starting to apply elsewhere.

The 5/4 roster is probably about the best there is in any airline flying the 737 in the world now. A huge number of pilots stay with Ryanair for this very reason.
Before you join an airline, you don't care about the roster or any of those things.
When you start to live a normal life as an airline pilot, roster becomes the number 1 most important thing. If you get one of the best rosters of any airline, then this itself makes the airline a very good company to work for. If the roster changes to a bad one, it changes everything.

About 50 to 60% commute between base and home, and the 5/4 makes it possible.
A lot of new bases (opened within the past 1-2 years) are on the new 5/3 roster, which makes it a lot more difficult to commute. You work 5 days, your first day off is spent commuting, you get one day home, then one day commuting back and 5 days working. Pretty much one day of rest every 8 days. A few people call it the 7/1 roster and this is kind of what it really is.
With a 4/3 roster, everyone would get the same off-days every week. A 4/3 flexible would make it impossible to plan anything.

I would say about 2 to 300 pilots (mostly senior FOs) are leaving Ryanair between May and September this year, most of them for Emirates. Some may delay a bit has EK has only avaibility for the A330 at the moment.
But Ryanair is going to need a lot of pilots if they don't want to cancel their flights this summer, add to that the Olympics in London.

So, wait and see before you complain about not being called. This might change in the very near future.
And before you apply, be sure this airline is for you. Some love it, some hate it.
I know a few people who left or are planning to quit with no backup plan, because Ryr is not for them and they'd rather do a complete different job and live a normal life.

OutsideCAS
26th Feb 2012, 17:28
Boys,Girls - Now is the time to keep that money firmly embeded in your wallet. The "PS3Game" that is RYR is now coming very much to an end. EK have opened their doors to all and sundry, and are heavily targeting RYR Capts. for sure from hereon in - this means that although new crews will be required, as mentioned this will be a much slower pace - why ? well, among other things, all the training guys that RYR have and who are excellent at what they do, will be sorely tempted to go and enjoy working for EK, leaving a huge swathe of new guys to train, and no way of doing it - which means that any new recruit will be left with a large gap in the bank account, a shiny 737-800 rating and no way to earn decent money to pay back the loan, and very little or no flying. IMHO this is where the RYR business plan will now either adapt and change, or die. Keep your money in your wallets, and let the RYR management sweat and comeup with better offers to tempt the right people.

zondaracer
26th Feb 2012, 17:37
While we are on the topic of not spreading false info...
MCC on a jet and not a FNPT2 ... Is not true

G CEXO
26th Feb 2012, 18:28
If you speak English, have the right to work in Europe, are under 30, preferably not a female (judging my the very low number of female pilots who joined last year), ATPL exams passed 1st time with maximum 1 retake, first time pass on the CPL and IR, MCC on a jet and not a FNPT2, no or little previous airline experience, then you might (lets say one chance out of 10) get invited for an interview.
If you do not fit into these criteria, just forget it.

Not true, I know a guy who failed his CPL and still got the job with RYR.

B737Dude
26th Feb 2012, 18:30
After all that nice info golfcharlie232 gave you pick up a crappy error or a little mistake.. PPRuNe User's are never grateful!! Thank you golfcharlie232 I wish everyone spoke up front like you and said the things going tho there mind! instead of making rumours and creating puzzles in peoples minds!! :ugh:

Lele.ciccio
27th Feb 2012, 09:07
Hi guys,

I'm Italian 32 years old with less than 300 hrs of flight.

Right now I'm thinking to spent 6500€ for the Ryanair MCC via CAE, just for have one more chance for the Ryanair assestment.

I read about the age limit up to 28 (maybe not limit but prefered), Could someone confirm this?

If this is a certainty, I'm not going to spent 6500€ but I can look for a cheap MCC.

Thank a lot

Jerry Lee
27th Feb 2012, 12:12
Look for a cheap but also good MCC course anyway. Give a look at FSB Berlin.

irishone
27th Feb 2012, 17:54
Fill in the form and press save. It's the only way to update the CAE website & application.
Unless you've already been approved and the woman in CAE has emailed you directly. Then I'd say email her.

spanair-md80capt
27th Feb 2012, 20:33
Dear fellow pilots,

I'd like to get in touch with a captain who has recently gone through the interview and assessment at Ryanair in order to get some tips.

Thanks for the help!

golfcharlie232
28th Feb 2012, 12:40
Alright guys.
There are people who got into Ryanair with a fail on their CPL, or IR, or ATPL exam. There are quite a few female pilots working for Ryanair. There are people who joined and were over 30 at that time.
And .. there are (a few) people who did a FNPT2 MCC.

Now, if you really want to get invited to the interview, or wonder why you do not get called, then the above points give you a fair idea.

Most (but not all) Ryanair Cadets did a jet MCC, most passed first time their CPL and IR, most are males, most are under 30, ...

I hope it is easy enough to understand.

Lele.ciccio
28th Feb 2012, 14:57
Hi golfcharlie232,
so Ryanair is All and the opposite of All :)

I'm over 30, passed first time all, without Jet MCC.... and I a Male !!!
what shoul I do?
I should try the chance of CAE MCC, then we'll see or not?

Regards at all

India_Golf
29th Feb 2012, 08:47
ladies and gents good morning,
I would like to add my personal experience even if i'm not pretending to guess how the recruiter works.
I have been called, in a date quite near so far.
Here comes my stats:
FAA CPL IR ME
JAA CPL IR ME

All written, oral and flight check with no fails.

ATPL done with no fails, AVG marks over 90

MCC done in a very economic way (not for sure at CAE..don't have 6500 to spend for an MCC)

Applied something like 20 days ago.
First contact afer 7 days, date set after 10 more days for a total of up to two weeks of working days.
Rumors says they need pilot RIGHT NOW.
Best of luck to ya all gents

HaBuraTop
29th Feb 2012, 08:57
I've passed my ATPLs first time with 97% average @ OAA,
CPL/ME/IR skill test first time pass,
MCC on B737-400 @ OAA
Have a bit of glass cockpit experience flying DA40NG, DA42NG
Will be very happy to been based @ Kaunas (will beg for it) :)))
But I'm :mad: 31....
Any chance to get into RYR?

McBruce
29th Feb 2012, 11:11
Having worked for RYR for 4 years and endured the BS and lies they spout. I would just tell them you passed all exams and flight tests first time and still, your not even stepping down to their level.

On a more serious note: when I was interviewed, I was just asked about my training and passes. All mine were first time so I'm not sure if they check this or not. Too many good guys not being looked at because of a paperwork exercise.

On the topic of RYR being screwed with crews leaving. Sadly I think they will survive and limp on. This is technically the last summer they must survive before expansion stops which means they can settle down and get some stability. Even if that means getting 20% more FO's and CPTs than required, the end result will be the average hours for everyone will go down. They can do this because it costs them nothing. Anyone joining FR or doing the type rating just now who has signed the BRK contract, I urge you to join REPA Frontpage (http://www.repaweb.org) as well as IALPA, its £15 per month but you will gain much more in the long run if we're able to put a layer of protection between us and the beast. Anyone who think they should be grateful for the opportunity and this doesn't apply to them. Learn from history. RYR skippers now on 60,000e contracts, compared to £100,000k + from 2004 agreement and all allowances, pension, health care are gone. At what point do you stop being grateful? anyway if you don't agree, then time in this company will win you over but you will be fighting to get back what you have now.

Anyway, good luck people, and welcome to RYR :E

jimmyjetplane
29th Feb 2012, 13:06
Just two questions

1) Can anyone accurately confirm what a newly qualified Cadet will earn in the the first twelve months of employment?I mean actual take Home pay.

2) What is the likelyhood of a Pilot living in the UK, after training, being based in the UK (and also given their first choice base)?

Cheers!

speedbug210
29th Feb 2012, 16:25
Dear guys could you tell me if someone has done a captain assessment for RYR? Or any experienced pilot assessment.
If yes what was the program, questions and interview?
Thanks for your posts.

Johnny Tightlips
29th Feb 2012, 19:45
Just two questions

1) Can anyone accurately confirm what a newly qualified Cadet will earn in the the first twelve months of employment?I mean actual take Home pay.

2) What is the likelyhood of a Pilot living in the UK, after training, being based in the UK (and also given their first choice base)?

Cheers!

1. Your at the mercy of the rostering department.

2. Slim to nil but you never know.

aronkari
29th Feb 2012, 21:42
Does anyone know if these 5/4 and 5/3 rosters are completely fixed or is it possible to request something else, like 10/8 for an example ? :uhoh:

jimmyjetplane
29th Feb 2012, 22:22
Anyone else care to answer my questions please?

Johhny tightlips.....Thanks for the reply but do you work for RYR? If not,what do you base your answers on please?

Cheers !!

Johnny Tightlips
1st Mar 2012, 06:45
Anyone else care to answer my questions please?

Johhny tightlips.....Thanks for the reply but do you work for RYR? If not,what do you base your answers on please?

Cheers !! Yes I do with a few years now. Those answers are based on past and current experience. I have never been based in my 1st choice or any of my requested bases but I have seen many people that joined long after me jumping the queue and getting them.

You can make what you like of that:ok:

jimmyjetplane
1st Mar 2012, 10:36
Hi all,

Just to say thanks for all the information from the Pilots who 'actually' work for Ryanair..I was only making sure that anyone who commented knew their stuff and clearly you do!

You know what it can be like on here!!

Best wishes with your careers.:ok:

McBruce
2nd Mar 2012, 11:25
The basing policy has been screwed more this year! Especially if you want a UK base or a base that sees reductions in the winter. They now offer summer only positions in these bases. It just means they have less of a requirement to permanently base you there.

The basing with annual leave are the 2 worst things in FR. Someone asked a senior member of the flight ops department why they don't implement a fair basing policy. I.e. A simple php script that tracks all requests and displays the most senior. The reply was simple "...that costs money!"

It took me 2.5years to get my first choice base, that was with a lot of hassling the girl who overseen the process! command is round the corner and I'm in a base that sees summer only positions so my chances of getting back to my 1st choice in the foreseeable future is slim. I'm not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm here but merely write how it is. Eyes wide open!

jimmyjetplane
2nd Mar 2012, 13:40
Hi Mr Bruce,

Would it be posible to be given a UK base and accept a Summer Job/contract only? Or is it more complicated than that.If the former would be possible,would that 'literally'mean no work whatsoever during Winter from RYR?

turbine100
2nd Mar 2012, 17:45
I applied and was rejected 2 years ago and did not get to interview stage. Also had to retake 2 ATPL exam's (studied whilst working full time) and have a few hundred hours.

Keep updating details in CAE database and dropped CAE an email this week without reply. Do they allow or accept second applications?

McBruce
3rd Mar 2012, 02:19
Jimmy, lets say for example you would be based in Budapest, you apply for a summer only position in Liverpool and get it, you would then return to BUD the following winter. Come next again summer you would need to apply again for the summer position if it's available.

CK you never know, we need awareness at all levels. If it falls on deaf ears then we tried! If that doesn't work then I guess it's a see you DXB in 4 years, after the pennies dropped!

jimmyjetplane
4th Mar 2012, 10:44
Thanks for all the info' Mr.Bruce.

Budapest?!!! :mad: that!! I will go look up that train driving course instead!!

BounceBounceLand
7th Mar 2012, 20:17
Best of luck to the other 7 who went for assessment at Stansted today.

Hindsight is an amazing thing, on the way home I already knew a few parts of the interview / sim assessment which I wasn't 100% happy with, but the worst part is I knew the answers, but between stress and pressure (self inflicted) I didnt get that across at the time it counted!! :ugh:

Just hoping everything else went good enough, now the wait begins.

For any people going for assessment, the team are fantastic, really friendly and laid back, with a great sense of humour. I found the 737-800 sim VERY demanding, it felt like a very brief flight and took a lot of getting used to, very sweaty hands by the end and I havent had to concentrate so hard on flying in a long time, but very enjoyable too.

Fingers crossed, all candidates today seemed like a great bunch and all the very best :ok:

Pj1888
8th Mar 2012, 16:54
Hi mate, best of luck to you and all the others, I thought everyone came across excellently and I hope we all meet again soon.

I agree that the assessment was tough and I was kicking myself for some of the answers I gave at the interview, but they will no doubt take stress into account, it just shows how important the opportunity is to you!

I also think my sim check could have gone better, though you only get one shot at it and everyone will make mistakes under the circumstances.

To everyone with the assessment upcoming, it really is about as relaxed as it could possibly be. The selection team really do put you at ease, so just prepare as best you can and be yourself on the day.

B737Dude
10th Mar 2012, 08:56
Is it necessary to have a current MEP rating? Or will a valid Me/IR do the job? Has anyone got tho the cae application and got a interview with a expired MEP rating?

Many Thanks

aronkari
10th Mar 2012, 12:36
You have to have a valid ME/IR :}

power.r
10th Mar 2012, 12:47
So who knows why RYR do not want anymore Irish pilots?? :ugh:

BIP1986
10th Mar 2012, 13:06
You got to have a valid MEIR when you start at the TR.
I have just passed my assessment, and starting on TR 23rd April. And my MEIR expires 31st April. So I asked Brookfield, and that was the answer i got :)

DILLIGAF.
11th Mar 2012, 18:58
73wannabe,

to try and answer your questions -

swept at 27 degrees cos thats what Mr Boeing and his team of engineers have decide is the most efficient sweep angle - you could discuss the benefits of a swept wing, don't go too deep into something when you don't have too, no point in trying to gain points, answer it correctly and you'll get just as many points, don't set yourself up for a fall.

regards the sim, not sure the standard calls for the sim assessments, but they are definitely there for normal line flying. I cant see any harm in saying positive rate when PF asks for gear up, shows that you are checking. However with the 80 knots if its not standard callout for the assessment then i would suggest don't say it. 80 knots marks the transition between RTO for anything and RTO for major malfunctions, but is also a check that the other pilot is still functioning and not incapacitated. If you call 80 knots...no reply, 100 knots no reply....your gonna have to start thinking about taking control and rejecting take off....bad stuff in a sim if all that has happened is a communication breakdown! again, don't set yourself up for a fall, do what is briefed in the assessment pack, no more no less. If you must insist on calling 80knots, make sure the guy/gal you're with knows what is going on - brief them before so you don"t both balls it up right at the start!

good luck

Gyro Drift
12th Mar 2012, 09:49
I'd just keep my answers related directly to the question being asked, but that's just me. I don't like digging myself into any holes...plenty of experience in that!
But if you're confident in the subject being talked about and you have the knowledge to expand further then sure, go for it.

Are the 80kt and positive climb calls not in the briefing pack then? I can't remember. I'd just stick to what's in the brief, you don't want to start making calls your sim partner isn't aware of. Unless you discuss it before hand. On my assessment day I don't think I had the capacity anyway to be thinking of extra calls. :sad:

Still, all worked out fine in the end and I just followed what was in the briefing, and gave short, concise answers.

aronkari
12th Mar 2012, 10:24
Has anyone gotten they´r results from the 7th and the 8th of march assessment? :}

FairPilot
12th Mar 2012, 15:21
How long is actually the waiting period after applying through CAE?

Ischicopter
13th Mar 2012, 00:40
@Fairpilot

Have been waiting for 5 weeks now. Still no answer from CAE. I am living in Germany aswell.

Has anyone here been invited recently while not being a UK citizen?

Cheers.

Gyro Drift
13th Mar 2012, 08:39
Guys, the wait can be indefinite. You could hear a call tomorrow, next month, or never, with regards being called for an interview that is. With regards to finding out if you have passed the assessment or not, you could be waiting a few hours, a few days or a few weeks. Took them four weeks to get back to me!

Loads of good information throughout this thread anyway about waiting times etc,

wingreencard
13th Mar 2012, 08:46
in fact, this ryanair thing is the only hope you got.??
it pass or it cracks.

if refused, what guys do you do?

only a fool will spend in 95k training just to get one shot in a LCC like rynair.

really this profession is a dead pond filled with dead stinky fishes.:}

aronkari
13th Mar 2012, 09:41
@Ischicopter, no one in my assessment was from the UK ;)

BounceBounceLand
13th Mar 2012, 11:11
Hi All,

Got a lot of private mails asking about my assessment and don't have the time to reply to all......

As I already said, the team were brilliant, very relaxed and friendly. That made a huge difference for me and helped ease the nerves.

First I had the HR / Technical interview and it was as decribed numerous times on this thread. Just study like mad and make some notes on the questions already on here. The HR side was about me, why I want to work for Ryanair etc. The technical side was a combination of "rapid fire" questions with brief answers and a few questions which needed a bit of explaining and thinking. No tricks, again lots of the questions have already been put on here.

Then onto the sim, again as described here. I flew an FNPT II sim for my MCC, and flying the 737-800 sim for the first time, whilst being assessed, I found my self very maxed out. I'd like to think I handled the aircraft well, but was running at 120% capacity. The notes in the briefing pack beforehand say the aircraft pitches up when thrust is added and vice versa. Does it ever! Lots of re-trimming needed with any power change. Also being used to SEP aircraft, getting used to a nose up attitude when straight and level as well as on the approach was an interesting difference.

You get a good brief on the sim beforehand, I'd advise you listen intently, especially with regard to pitch attitudes and thrust settings. As we were told, if the attitude is correct and the thrust is in the ball park area, you wont have to much to do to correct it.

All in all, a nice interview with decent people, and an enjoyable sim trip which I found a challenge but still enjoyed.

In terms of waiting, from application to assessment invite it as 4.5 months for me, with 6 days to prepare for the assessment. This is day 6 waiting for the results and from what I've seen, the longer the better, but bad news can come 7/8 days later, so my fingers are crossed for now :)

PS nice mix of people on the day, 8 of us; 4 Brits, 1 Spanish, 1 Dutch, 1 Swedish, 1 Belgian if I'm not mistaken

FairPilot
14th Mar 2012, 08:42
@wingreencard

Sure our only shot is with RYR thats why we have spent 95k for our ATPL and if that doesn´t work out our parents will buy us a new fancy job ...

Man, some of us are perhaps a bit naive but we aren´t dumb idiots so please don´t assume nonsense.

wingreencard
14th Mar 2012, 13:45
yes but what do you do? not every body is accpeted at rynair , I bet they select only 3-5% of pilots, what about the rest of you?
there is no general avaition in europe like usa, and most low cost airlines want experience before to give a look at your cv.
so what guys do when turned down and you start to have to pay back your loan?

Jerry Lee
14th Mar 2012, 13:55
Africa or flight instruction may be ways to go. Another way that might be worth a try is Cathay Pacific despite T&C's.

wingreencard
15th Mar 2012, 03:14
africa don't want pilots from europe with 200h, african people have problem to get jobs.I think guys you still belive in cinderella too much !time to grow up!nobody is going to give you a job like that.
Ryanair is not even a job as you pay for everything. it 's just another airline-school!

aronkari
16th Mar 2012, 12:08
I have a question for those who have attended the assessment, how long was the wait for results for you ? i have been waiting for 8 days now and i was wondering how much i time i could expect to wait :)

BounceBounceLand
16th Mar 2012, 14:30
@winggreencar "Ryanair is not even a job as you pay for everything"
Really? So after a 27500 Euro investment, based on 750 hours per year, a Ryanair FO will earn in Euros:

Year 1 - 44,590
Year 2 - 56,400
Year 3 - 61,230
Year 4 - 61,230
Over 4 years thats 223,450. Take out the 27500 and its 195,950. An average over the 4 years of 48,987 Euros per year. Yes you pay for a lot of things other airlines provide, but, because you are self employed this can be offset against tax if it is a legitimate business expense, so in effect costs nothing.

@aronkari - Still no news for me, very nervous but still got the fingers crossed!

BounceBounceLand
16th Mar 2012, 16:25
Just got an email. No good news for me :ugh: I was on the assessment on 7th March and bad news today, 9 days later.

Was really starting to think I had a chance.

Ah well, good luck to the others.

HPbleed
16th Mar 2012, 17:00
How does it cost nothing if you offset it against tax? You just get the tax back don't you, or am I missing something completely.

Coventrian
17th Mar 2012, 07:46
Anyone heard back from the assessment on the 14th yet? I found it very relaxed, don't know if that means good or bad! Best of luck all who were there :}

wingreencard
17th Mar 2012, 07:50
Just got an email. No good news for me :ugh: I was on the assessment on 7th March and bad news today, 9 days later.

Was really starting to think I had a chance.

Ah well, good luck to the others.

sorry for you, so now, what next? tesco or macdo?

Jerry Lee
17th Mar 2012, 13:24
So what are your plans for this week-end, wingreencard?:hmm:

jhr187
17th Mar 2012, 13:45
I think some more anti-cadet/anti-p2f/anti-everyone trolling might be on the cards for Mr wingreencard, allowing his bitterness spread out for all to see...

tinmouse
17th Mar 2012, 17:06
Have any Irish guys passed the assessment this year?

aozc
19th Mar 2012, 11:36
In effect, your overall tax bill is lower but not by a significant amount.

Provided that you pay everything in cash, don't register yourself in the country from where you commute. Floating base helps alot as well :}

risap12
20th Mar 2012, 14:47
Has any Irish person been invited for assessment since May 2011?

BHD2BFS
20th Mar 2012, 15:34
There has been plenty

risap12
20th Mar 2012, 16:10
Northern Irish maybe as you are part of the UK, but you are not Irish in the eyes of recruitment :=

LVL_CHG
20th Mar 2012, 16:42
Are loads of people leaving or is there just massive expansion at the moment??

I flat outright refuse to work for the company but no less than 90% of my fellow FTO have got the job with RYR recently. Some have said the interview lasts 10-15mins which to me is just astonishing. Some of the individuals I know that they have taken on as well.............well it reinforces my argument that all they want is bums on seats in the cockpit, and they dont care who the hell it is!!

172_driver
21st Mar 2012, 00:55
I flat outright refuse to work for the company but no less than 90% of my fellow FTO have got the job with RYR recently. Some have said the interview lasts 10-15mins which to me is just astonishing. Some of the individuals I know that they have taken on as well.............well it reinforces my argument that all they want is bums on seats in the cockpit, and they dont care who the hell it is!!

You do come across as quite a prick with such a statement!

Good luck with your job hunting

Aceit
21st Mar 2012, 17:17
Anyone for the Type rating in Amsterdam through CAE? starting type rating on the 21st May?

Any recommendations for accommodation while doing the type rating out there?

Thanks in Advance.

LVL_CHG
21st Mar 2012, 19:36
You do come across as quite a prick with such a statement!

Good luck with your job hunting

Well thanks very much. I've already had another rather abusive PM from another individual who is obviously pro-ryanair/pro-brookfield or whoever you're actually employed by.

It's much like the ab-initio vs modular training situation thats been battling on these forums for many years, an on going argument. People in life will have strong and differentiating opinions. This is a fact of life. It's how you deal with it which is important.

It's a good job I am thick skinned and your abusive comment is like water off a ducks back for me. I can gaurantee however during your career you will find indivduals who are less tolerant. I just hope for your sake that you don't ever disagree with a cheif pilot you may be flying with one day and react in the same manner.

Your arse won't touch the ground. (no pun intended)

p.s. For the record I've got a job thanks :)

Callsign Kilo
21st Mar 2012, 19:56
The moral high ground....

Did you not recently apply for some ****ey summer contract with TCX with the known fact that you would be kicked out on you arse come October? The very sort of contracts that existing full time TCX and TOM drivers oppose to purely because it threatens their long term position.

FR are no paragons of virtue but neither are you apparently.

LVL_CHG
21st Mar 2012, 21:52
I did indeed apply for the TCX position.

However you may also be surprised that I have also applied to RYR.

WTF I hear you say. Who would you want to go to an interview for an airline you actually really really wanted to work for having not practised elsewhere. Why not go and get interview experience and something to go in the logbook and a play in the sim.

Money can't buy interview practise. Well it can actually, about £250 i think!

davidbrent
21st Mar 2012, 22:55
Dare I get involved....

So..... After the assessment, if they accept you, you're gonna turn down the job offer right??

LVL_CHG
21st Mar 2012, 23:16
Most definitely in this case!

Surely you would have done enough research about a company and have decided if they are for you before pen ever hits paper.

Why so shocked? I know people are desperate right now and will do absolutely anything and pay absolutely anything (this topic is a whole new discussion) but surely you've known or at the very least heard of people who have been through the interview and then decided not to take a position?

davidbrent
21st Mar 2012, 23:37
Oh.. So we don't get to fly together...?

Never mind.....

LVL_CHG
21st Mar 2012, 23:43
No. You may have gathered that from previous posts. :ok:

PIOSEE
22nd Mar 2012, 14:00
Well it seems the Irish nationals are still not getting the call (not including northern Irish guys).. For the Irish guys out there, it seems the Ryr ship has sailed... Move on!

fixed cardioid
23rd Mar 2012, 20:02
Does anyone know why RYR's gone anti irish pilot wise? is it a retaliation for IALPA numbers swelling? anyone know when will it change :ugh:

wingreencard
24th Mar 2012, 05:42
if not accepted,try IKEA

100'000 down the drain.

sorry guys,you chose the wrong continent to be born.

zondaracer
24th Mar 2012, 08:09
Does IKEA have its own flight department?

PIOSEE
24th Mar 2012, 09:11
Comment been removed by the request of ryanair...

PIOSEE
24th Mar 2012, 10:35
No offence wingreencard... But you sound like an immature d**khead. Post relevant info here not your BS comments.

Eirjet
24th Mar 2012, 18:11
Piosee same as you, irish trained in 13months,finished 5 months
ago and heard those exact same things from someone inside who I keep in touch with regularly. And in fact having a contact doesn't help at all,if your Irish, well there's no hope.. best of luck with the job hunt.

polakow1111
25th Mar 2012, 15:48
Hi to everyone

I'm new here.
Are there any Hungarians here who are working for FR ?

WX Man
25th Mar 2012, 18:52
It's all starting to make sense now.

Although it would seem that their business model is predicated on a steady throughput of guys who will leave after 4-5 years and go and work for Qatar/Emirates/Etihad etc.

Good luck to all those 21-27 year old guys who are about to start working for RYR in their careers with the middle eastern or far eastern airline that they will be working for when they've got the minimum requirements!

skyblue737
26th Mar 2012, 00:14
Has any of you been called for the asessment despite of having less than a 88% of average score in the exams?

Rumours says that is required that minimum score in order to be called.

Thank You

doniedarko
26th Mar 2012, 10:21
RE Hungarians

We have a few Hungarians(2 or 3) working for RYR. The problem is that a Hungarian license is not JAA approved. The Hungarian authority keeps failing audits allegedly so its not a 'pilot' issue. A Hungarian license holder requires a validation from the IAA. This is based on experience etc so it would not be issued for low time pilots. The recent Malev collapse has provided RYR with a number of DEC pilots again all will be validations. If you are a DEC the a validation is no problem regardless of nationality every one else IE low time must enter through the cadet scheme and that requires a JAA license. Hope this answers your query !

polakow1111
26th Mar 2012, 13:30
Thanks for the informations.
Do you know any Hungarians who are working for RYR ? ( as a pilot )

RHINO
26th Mar 2012, 16:52
Piosee and Eirjet,

can I suggest you write to the Irish Times and outline what you surmise is going on regarding Irish people wishing to work for Ryanair.

You might be surprised at the response you get.

risap12
26th Mar 2012, 19:22
Any Irish person who feels discriminated against by Ryanair should email the Minister for Transport, Dr. Leo Varadkar at the Department of Transport outlining what appears to be happening - Ryanair's unofficial recruitment ban on Irish pilots.

[email protected]

:ok:

smith
27th Mar 2012, 19:39
http://archvillain.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/not-this-again.jpg

dxd888
28th Mar 2012, 10:31
skyblue737,

I have 84.7% average and had 1 fail in instruments which I passed on the 2nd time...

During the phone call by CAE, there was no mention of average mark...

skyblue737
28th Mar 2012, 21:20
Thank you dxd888.

I hope they don't ask it to me also if one day they call me. I have almost the same results as you.

AdamLT
29th Mar 2012, 09:17
Hi all,

What does the phonecall entail? Is it purely just a chat about the date of assessment, or much more than that?

Thanks.

madlaura
29th Mar 2012, 12:11
Hi, I completed my ATPL in the UK but have a Rumanian Passport. Is this a reason not to get the call from RYR or CAE???

Jerry Lee
29th Mar 2012, 12:24
Yep!

Bulgaria and Romania - Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion - European Commission (http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=508&langId=en)

dxd888
29th Mar 2012, 16:50
Hi adamlt

the phone call is very straight forward...

Basically about your CPL, IR training... if first time pass , first series ecc...
ATPL fails..
where have you studied..
why for example 350 hrs? instruction? ecc

____________________________________________________________ __

just had my interview... extremely nice ppl...was impressed!
interview easy... mostly abt myself and slightly technical... all questions found here in this forum...

Found the sim a bit hard until I got the hang of it... (first timer on such a sim)
Steep turn, shallow turns, ILS and that was it...

Did some minor mistakes but i think was within limits...
I strictly recommend some prior flying experience... to get the feel of the aircraft. The other guy had experience and he was spot on on most occasions...

I hope the assessor keeps that in mind... anyway fingers crossed and goodluck to all the rest

dxd

blojan
31st Mar 2012, 12:45
Hi there,

Does anyone know or have experience of it, how long it normally takes from when you send in your application to CAE until you normally get the first contact?

What I have heard they should first send you an email with further information.

Sincerely

India_Golf
31st Mar 2012, 19:46
:):)
Dxd888 I was with you in the sim.
I forgot my Approach plate on the car so i lost both your contact, yours and the other guy.

Callsign Kilo
1st Apr 2012, 15:36
Interesting news from a friend working in the training department. Ryanair are ending cadet hire from the start of the winter season due to no further expansion opportunities being anticipated!! Word on the street is a further 60 aircraft to be grounded, making a total of 150 for winter 2012/13. TRs still to be offered with a base check and line training but no contract. You heard it hear first.....

ego180
1st Apr 2012, 16:05
April fool or seriously?!

Callsign Kilo
1st Apr 2012, 16:37
April Fool

However what are you willing to bet that it won't happen? The airline is no longer expanding and when growth in the Middle East dries up then where will all the 2500-3000hr FOs and newly promoted skippers go to?

However If it does I still can't see there being a shortage in applicants.

......back to the important stuff. Who's going to the assessment on the 15th April?

sukhoi2seven
2nd Apr 2012, 00:44
anybody going to april 5th assessment? pm me

Persoons
2nd Apr 2012, 12:48
Hi,
Has someone received an answer from the 21 March assessment?

JulesW
2nd Apr 2012, 15:33
I'm wondering why it's so hard to even get an interview for Ryanair.
Will it perhaps help to start another MCC course with CAE?
It would certainly benefit my flying skills but will it also increase my chances?

dxd888
2nd Apr 2012, 16:32
How are the pilots usually notified if you got the job or not?

If yes, they call you?
and if no, they send you an email?

Thanks

Persoons
3rd Apr 2012, 18:32
Hi,

This afternoon, I received a phone call with a positive answer concerning my assessment on 21 March.

I start my intro on 7th of May in EMA and my TR on 21st of May in Amsterdam, anyone else?

Good luck to everyone going to an assessment or waiting for an answer!

eaglesnest1972
8th Apr 2012, 11:45
Hello folks,

i am thinking to apply for a type with Ryanair next may.
How long do you normally wait before receiving the "infamous" telephone call?
Is there any realistic possibility (nowadays) to have a contract after completing the type and line training with them?
I am frozen ATPL, low timer and like a lot of european pilots i don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, so FR is my last option, my "extrema ratio", before quitting everything and keep on marching with my current job.
Don't like the idea to pay the type, but that's the market, and looks like that no one is willing to change things soon...but this is another issue.

Thanks a lot in advance to those who will answer.
Oooops, btw, happy easter:ok:

MyDreamIsToFly
9th Apr 2012, 00:39
You have to go first through an assessment and then (if u're successfull) through a type rating that will guarantee the job at almost 100%

wingreencard
9th Apr 2012, 05:38
that will guarantee the job at almost 100%

correct as long you pay for everything, badge , uniform. rating, sim,...and even for your own water.

eaglesnest1972
9th Apr 2012, 10:52
Yep, correct...
Thanks guys, i'll play my cards and see what comes out...
Greets from Italy:ok:

RHINO
9th Apr 2012, 12:02
no you won't, you will open your wallet....that is all:eek:

eaglesnest1972
9th Apr 2012, 13:45
Hi Rhino,
So tell me what is your suggestion for a frozen ATPL with 300hrs now?
Dont want to seem rethoric, but the situation is like this my friend...
General aviation is dead, at least where i come from so the only chance (for me) to get my axx on a plane is to pay the type and hopefully get paid by the hour like 90% of FR pilots...i will try it and see.
Maybe you are right or maybe not.
Thanks anyway for the heads up...

truckflyer
9th Apr 2012, 14:13
Don't listen to the negative moaners here, they are mostly moaning because they haven't got the money or they have been rejected!

Personally I would have jumped at the chance to get going with RYR, and I have many friends working for them, yes they have had some mixed experience, good and bad, but overall all of them are very happy to be working there, and in summer after passing 500 hours, they make good money too!

So I would just slightly put a deaf ear towards the people complaining about Ryanair, there are not many other chances to get experience, and if some are bothered by paying for their own water, just bring your own from Tesco!

If you working in an office, they don't give you free water either, some guys that are complaining, are really so dated!

Sure there are better things to come after, but I know of guys who are happy as soon as they get established and get a base they are happy with!

blojan
9th Apr 2012, 18:08
Someone who applied for Ryanair type rating course in March 12 and have been contacted by FR?
I am still waiting. What is the normal time before the first contact?

go around flaps15
9th Apr 2012, 19:01
We dont pay for water as there is a dispenser in the crewroom.:E

truckflyer
9th Apr 2012, 22:57
AIMINGHIGH123

I was told by CAE, that they did not consider second time applications, that even when not called to interview, as soon as they have requested your CV, you are considered to have gone trough their system once, and will not be considered second time.

So only if you have not been contacted by them previously, will you be considered in the application process, unfortunately.

Who knows might change, but doubt so as it is now, not exactly a shortage of low hour pilots out there is it? :ugh:

On another note, for those constantly knocking Ryanair on these boards, what other airline has given low hour pilots more chances of a job than Ryanair?

I would think in the last 10 years none have be recruiting more low hour pilots than Ryanair!

Consider the BA cadet program, that will cost you considerably more than training modular and getting in with Ryanair and paying your own TR!
What would you rather do? Spend over £100.000 with Oxford on the BA cadet program? Or get in with Ryanair after going modular, and spent £60.000 incl your own TR?

After gaining experience with Ryanair for 2 - 5 years, you will have been flying to every little hole of airfields in Europe, and gained loads of valuable experience, and you will probably be able to walk into most airlines afterwards, as long as you are reasonably switched on!

I think those who keep knocking Ryanair should shut up, because the only reason is that you are upset is that you either you did not make it in the selection or lack of money, tough luck, c'est la vie!
The selection process at Ryanair is not easy from what I have heard, not just because you have Euro's in your pocket that they will give you the job!
They can pick who they want!

I did not get interview or selected myself, probably because of my age, however I am not going tell others that joining Ryanair is crap, just because I got snubbed! I would actually encourage my friends to get that application in as soon as possible, because it is probably your best chance to get your career going!

I wish I had been given the chance, but I am not going to cry like a baby, just because they did not offer me an interview!

go around flaps15;
That's even better, so you can bring your own re-usable water bottle, see even more eco-friendly!!!

akhan12
10th Apr 2012, 21:00
Hi guys, just need some advice on a certain aspect of the Ryanair application. In the section which says how long prior notice do you need before the assesment i ticked 1 month. looking back i think i screwd it up and was wondering should i just apply again and tick immediately. i am working and would need some bit of notice to get off work hence i ticked the 1 month. but if anyone can give me their opinion that would be great. cheers :)

AdamLT
11th Apr 2012, 10:44
Hi Akhan,

I ticked Immediately. I also work (full time 9-5, 5 days a week) but my current employers know my goal and they've been pretty flexible.
Not all employers are like that though, so you would just have to wangle a day off if called.

Good luck

B737Dude
11th Apr 2012, 21:04
Whats happening with RYR they've seem to gone really quite with the recruitment! Isn't any SFO moving to the LHS or leaving to give way to the cadets? :sad:

Alessio
12th Apr 2012, 16:04
Good evening!
I've just done the interview today. Very polite and friendly people during normal talking and during the interview, and even at the simulator.
It was a really exciting experience, quite hard for me cause I never flew a 737-800 before and and didn't even know how flying a jet was.
The sensation that the full motion flight simulator gives to you is pretty much impressive and fantastic at the same time.
It' s really beatiful how a big jet get faster the speed, and how precise and friendly are the instructors.
I tryed to answer to the personal questions in the most sincere way, and at the technical ones trying to explain as much as I could.

doniedarko
12th Apr 2012, 16:44
Ryanair have employed lots of Direct entry captains from Spainair/Malev. These are more of a priority than cadets. So there are getting the sim time and line training time. The cadets would be back of the queue. As for SFO's moving across Ryanairs expansion stops this year with no more delivery's so by the end of this year the seat you are in is the one you will stay in !!. When a vacancy comes up in the LHS Ryanair will give it to the person who will work for the least amount of money....SO cadets get in now before it's too late Ryanair will start to contract over the next few years so you have better have your 737 hourbuilding done !:eek:

englishman
13th Apr 2012, 08:42
Hi!

If you get a phone call from CAE, can you still get turned down? I will get the call on Wednesday ...

Raccatto
13th Apr 2012, 14:16
>> every day always hoping the RyanAir kids_queue come to a definitive end very soon.
too many kids 'round me. <<

englishman
16th Apr 2012, 09:35
Just to inform you: RYR will not give you an interview date, if you have failed any of the ATPL tests (I just received their phone call and was rejected.

Xolon
16th Apr 2012, 10:42
That´s not true.

During my TR (2011), my sim partner had failed one of his ATPL theory once and was still recruited by RYR. Don´t know is they changed the requirements later as they have more then enough cadets to choose from.

also; I had two Irish guys in my TR group.

englishman
16th Apr 2012, 11:07
Well, I did my phone interview 2 hours ago and the lady told me, that RYR is currently not hiring anyone, who has failed an atpl test.

WX Man
16th Apr 2012, 13:57
@Xolon.

And anyone in your group who was over 30 years old? And experienced (i.e. flight instructors, GA pilots etc)?

Xolon
16th Apr 2012, 14:38
In my group the were 2 Irish, 2 general aviation FI´s and one above 30. a friend of my got also hired last year (35+ and cadet).

@englishman: sry to hear, then they probably changed it afterwards.

Roope
17th Apr 2012, 14:48
Hi guys..

I know this has been asked many times.. but I was just contacted by Ryanair, asking for my CV, and telling me that I shall expect an e-mail of them with the date/time they'll be calling me... and ever since that, I'm kinda scared to death ;P
I had a good training, but I haven't flown or studied anything since the beginning of December.. about 4-5 months ago.. (i was working my old job)

Point is, if you have any piece of advices, tips, tricks, ideas, or you can just tell me how was your interview, I'd be really really happy and thankful.

alex230380
17th Apr 2012, 16:22
...you have to go back at page 1 and start reading. You'll find everything you need to know.
Good luck!

Pittslover
17th Apr 2012, 18:54
Reading through this thread i thought the last information was 1 failed ATPL exam is ok did they change it now?

AdamLT
18th Apr 2012, 15:23
Hi all,

Is anyone going to be at STN on 3rd May?

JLMF
18th Apr 2012, 23:14
I did the application with CAE 3 weeks ago now, no answers yet...

any other person in a similar position??

muten
19th Apr 2012, 07:37
It took 4 months for me to get any kind of answer from them, so sit tight and wait, there's nothing else you can do but update your application.

Unregistered737
19th Apr 2012, 07:53
I can imagine that they will be dropping the requirements as most of their 3000 hour fo's have left for the desert. I know a few guys that have failed atpls and cpl/ir's and are still working for them.

If you are unlucky enough to work for them make sure you get involved with REPA and join a union. Having come out the other side they have many many faults and its time for change.

Spnpilot
19th Apr 2012, 09:09
Anyone got the call from Cae recently? Reading through this thread i thought the last information was 1 failed ATPL exam is ok.Will they ask you for a certificate of your grades? regards!

RupertFR
19th Apr 2012, 19:41
Hi everybody, this is my first post here.
Does anybody know what documents will be requested when called to the interview ? Cover letters, ATPL certificates (the 'simple' one, or the one with marks and attempts ?), references, etc. ?
How do you demonstrate you have first passes in CPL, IR, ground studies ?

WX Man
20th Apr 2012, 09:06
I don't know how it is in Italy, but in the UK when you take an IR or CPL test, the examiner gives you a bit of paper afterwards. On it, it says "Series 1 - Attempt 1" and "pass" if you have a first time pass. If it says anything else, it's not a first time pass!

And forget dropping the requirement for first time passes in CPL, IR and ATPL subjects. How about looking at guys and girls who have 3000 hours mutli crew who they can fast track to command?

Sorry, but... duuuuhhhhh. (@Ryanair, not the OP).

RupertFR
20th Apr 2012, 09:24
In Italy the ENAC (Italian CAA) just gives you a sheet that says that you have passed all subjects, not specifying if on first attempt or not.
What do you mean for Series 1 ? In Italy you just have to go and take the 14 exams, what is a series ?

DarkSoldier
22nd Apr 2012, 11:30
Does anyone know if the sim part of the assessment can be logged into our logbooks as sim experience? thanks

Merovingio
22nd Apr 2012, 11:36
Good question! Anyone knows the answer?

VJW
25th Apr 2012, 17:16
Re Sim on assessment going into logbook, I stuck it mind without a second thought. Doesn't count for much which is why I wasn't worried, but why not. You're in there with a TRE, or some kind of sim instructor after all :ok:

Spnpilot
27th Apr 2012, 12:28
Got the call from cae last monday, they told me that everything was okay. They told me that they'll proceed to send me an email with the assesment's day. I am still waiting for that email, is that normal? How long it took for you to get the email from the call? regards!! thanks

AdamLT
27th Apr 2012, 12:43
Yes,

I had the same. But my confirmation email was 2 or 3 days after the phonecall.

Good luck!

Roope
27th Apr 2012, 13:44
anyone else going to EMA the 10th May?

Spnpilot
27th Apr 2012, 14:30
are you going through CAE?

City or Jet
27th Apr 2012, 14:41
Been waiting 6 months, not holding out much hope as things seem to have slowed quite a lot. 737 deliveries finish this year and I think they have the majority of their aircraft online and crewed. According to Oxford they have placed 30 odd guys this year and I'm betting the waiting list at CAE is every ab initio cadet since the 2011 hiring spree :hmm: Irritatingly there is no one to call to find cold hard facts on how many are waiting and how many are needed!

eaglesnest1972
27th Apr 2012, 15:05
you did apply 6 months ago??? it's a pretty long time...
Did you keep your records updated?
Looks strange to me you did not even got an email...
sorry anyway

skyblue737
28th Apr 2012, 15:30
I have a question those who already went to the interview. Did you do 737 SIM prior to the assessment? If the answer is no, did you find difficult to fly the aircraft?

I came from a A320 MCC, so I'm worried about my performance if I had to go to a 737 SIM assessment.

irishone
29th Apr 2012, 11:31
Skyblue having done an MCC on a 320 sim also prior to my RYR interview I would say definitely do some sim time on a non fly by wire jet. They handle completely different and have different concepts.
I used a classic 737 sim for my interview prep. Even if u just use flight sim get the 737-800 package for it. When you don't have experience they are very different in my opinion.

eaglesnest1972
29th Apr 2012, 15:36
Any feedback on what City or Jet wrote?
Is it normal now to wait 6 months before an answer?
Thanks

DarkSoldier
29th Apr 2012, 21:44
A number of people I know have been waiting for a few months with no reply. Others have heard back within a week. It is all a bit of a lottery by the looks of it

Hank Moody
29th Apr 2012, 21:54
I had to wait 2 years! So six month is not really long if look from my side

TTango
30th Apr 2012, 10:30
I waited 1 and a half years from the application to CAE until being invited to the assessment. Total time from the application to starting the type rating was 2 years!

Josie-o
2nd May 2012, 07:31
Hey,

Does anyone know if Ryanair let you re apply after not getting through first time?

Thanks

rebelco
2nd May 2012, 13:57
@Hankmoody ,Ttango and Irishone what age were ye when the call came to be interviewed and what did ye do to keep current in the mean time ? Thanks

skyblue737
2nd May 2012, 20:44
Yesterday I received an email from CAE asking for my CV. I haven't flown since September, so right know I cannot send my CV because I need one flight in the last 6 months. I will try to make a flight in the next days, but I want to know how much time more or less is aceptable to send back my CV.

Did any of you have the same problem when received the email? Thanks!

G CEXO
2nd May 2012, 21:02
skyblue737 when did you submit your application if you don't mind me asking?

skyblue737
2nd May 2012, 21:11
Hello G Cexo. I sent my aplication about five months ago.

B737Dude
2nd May 2012, 21:52
Skyblue 737.. Did you update your profile since you submitted your application to ryr?

Roope
2nd May 2012, 22:18
noone for the 10th May ?! :(

I thought every single pilot-wannabe reads this thread..

G CEXO
2nd May 2012, 22:58
Hello G Cexo. I sent my aplication about five months ago.

Thanks skyblue737

City or Jet
3rd May 2012, 08:19
I thought every single pilot-wannabe reads this thread..

We do but more to see who is getting called and when they applied.

BSc (hons) degree, integrated big 3 grad, first time everything....been waiting 6 months to date and to top it off I'm below 30 and not Irish :hmm:

Anyone know the staff turnover rate at RYR? Surely a fair number must be off to the ME carriers? I know their expansion is complete so no more bumper recruitment years like last year when they took 312 guys.

Funny to think that 3 years ago RYR looked like a last resort and now its not only the best resort, it's the only! It's crazy to say but RYR is now my 'dream job' ha how ironic.

Gyro Drift
3rd May 2012, 08:38
With regards to second interviews, yes it is possible as a friend of mine had two interviews within the space of one year. Unfortunately the second one was offered at just 24 hours notice hence very little time for preparation, sadly it was a no go for him.

City or Jet, yeah there are guys heading off to the desert all the time, also read on REPA that some guys now are simply resigning. I think there will be openings for new cadets for a bit yet, despite expansion stopping this year.

Best of luck everyone.

Spnpilot
3rd May 2012, 12:01
none for the 15th may???

Good luck to everyone!

Farak
3rd May 2012, 12:50
Hi Roope i've been called from CAE for ryr assessment on 10 may in STN! :)

see you there!

skyblue737
3rd May 2012, 15:00
Hello B737Dude (http://www.pprune.org/members/366613-b737dude). Yes, I updated my profile, buy only little changes.

Today I received an email telling than CAE will send my CV to Ryanair. The next step is suposed to be a call or an email if I am out of the program?

How many days in advance they use to call you for the interview? Do they care if I have only 150 flight hours?

Spnpilot
3rd May 2012, 19:12
hey guys!!!
reading some information about the assesment I read that sometimes is asked by the examiner 'a passanger heart attack'. What do they expect of us¿ Should we ask for a doctor inside the airplane to determine it? should we call for emergency and divert to de nearest and available airport?

Good luck everyone!!

rebelco
4th May 2012, 09:12
I would call for cabin crew to see if there is a doctor on board and then advise atc and thereafter divert to the most appropriate Airport. Also SPN PILOT read your message, thank you

imcmonster
4th May 2012, 21:13
Anyone else starting their TR at EMA on 21st May?

eolas
4th May 2012, 22:16
It looks like that the Irish embargo is over !

Eirjet
4th May 2012, 22:54
Is this true that its really over?

Regards

pareta
5th May 2012, 10:45
Any feedback from anyone who had an assessment lately with Ryanair (CAE) will be appreciated. Got an email in which i had to reply with my CV 3 days ago and because im not coming from the OAA land, i have no idea of how things work.

Anyone willing to help me, please PM and your help will be appreciated.:ok:

Life on top
9th May 2012, 13:15
What is over? The Irish embargo?? Are anyone going to Amsterdam with CAE in June?

Rod Hull
9th May 2012, 16:43
imcmonster aim starting on the 21st!:)

Spnpilot
10th May 2012, 15:18
Anyone going on the 15th May to the assesment? I've looking to the ExpressHolidayInn!! Any recomendation for the accomodation at STN?

Good luck!!

Sillypeoples
10th May 2012, 15:19
Ryanair - Can't you just pull out your check book during the interview to 'insure' a slot with the airline?

Roope
11th May 2012, 17:21
Had my assessment yesterday. 'thought I'd write a quick briefing of it, if anyone's interested.

CAE guys, captains, everybody really kind, friendly and easy. They really encourage you not to stress, big /respect to them.

HR/Tech interview. Very, very, very easy on the technical side. You won't believe it, but seriously, the only question was on that is "what is a critical engine" and "why is a cessna's wing good for training". end of story. All the others were the HR questions, what did you like about your training, why should we hire you, etc. nothing tricky, just an easy, good chat overall. I've studied my ass off, the whole ATPL, the ACE the tech, my last planes, the Boeing 737, etc. basically for nothing. Dont learn too much really, just vagualy go through Ace.
The others I was with would agree on this.

Sim was also pretty basic stuff. Dublin, rwy 28. Here, I dont use the term "easy" because even a take-off, VOR, go-around and ILS are really hard to do at a decent level if you're not an active B737 pilot imo. It was hard for me anyway, to do them nicely. I could do it, but maintaining good altitude, speeds, bank rates etc. not easy stuff.

They told us we can expect an answer in 7 days.

I hope this helps someone. Good luck, take care.

plikee
11th May 2012, 17:26
Nice to hear that :) btw Roope, when did you apply and when did you get called?

Hope you get in soon, good luck !

Roope
11th May 2012, 17:56
thanks Plikee, i hope so too ;)

I applied to them in the beginning of Dec '11, and got the email from CAE in the end of April, so thats like 4.5 months later.
Not too fast if you ask me, but we were told that currently there's 7000 applications, so guess I'm really lucky to get even invited.

plikee
11th May 2012, 18:07
I applied end of April so i'm not expecting an answer from CAE soon .. But i spoke a coupple day with some friends who are pilots in Ryanair and they made me feel so :mad: jelous ! :)

I hope to be called as well but i know it is quite hard, as you said, 7000 is many fish only for almost 300 Ryanair 737 birds ..

Roope
11th May 2012, 18:26
Absolutely. But dont give up, some of the guys there said they were contacted just a few weeks after they applied. Pretty random I guess.
Good luck

plikee
11th May 2012, 18:28
I won't, never ! And Ryanair is the best option i have because i am low houred, just finished my CPL.

Thank you and good luck as well :ok:

RJ.146
13th May 2012, 16:32
Anyone tried to register with CAE in recent days? Just finished my training and was looking to apply, tried to register (with two different email accounts) and never got a activation email from ether, can't login to complete the application bit stumped tried emailing CAE but no response :\

captain.weird
13th May 2012, 16:50
Check your spambox

Germanguy
13th May 2012, 17:17
Hi,

I applied within CAE in Jan 2011. I got no answer yet (exept the acknowledgement of receipt). I heard that it could take up to 2,5 years to be invited??!! What should I do, reapply, updating CV several times or just wait?

RJ.146
13th May 2012, 17:44
@C.Weird Checked once, twice and thrice.

G CEXO
15th May 2012, 15:13
I've been monitoring this thread for the past 2 months or so and it's quite clear that not a lot of people are being invited or even contacted after the intial application.

Also, having a few friends who have been to the assessment, it seems that it's all a bit of a lottery of being contacted. Some being called after a week, 2 weeks, 2 months etc. What on earth is the logic in that as the inital application does not ask for training passes and course performance. I can't really think of how it can be filtered to CAE's liking.

Just for your information:

26 year old, first time passes etc and a British Citizen. 2 months since completing the application without any confirmation.

City or Jet
15th May 2012, 16:31
I concur with your observations. I only know of three people from my FTO that have been called in the last 7 months! I think I actually applied before two of them and I've not heard a peep. Only thing I can think of is that they are all from the continent and looking through this thread there also seems to be quite a few Spanish and Italians that have been called...not exactly a strong argument but perhaps they are using a geographic filter? As you say XO, there's no part of the CAE form that allows for ATPL exams pass marks, flight test results or anything.

Also worth noting that if you do receive the email from CAE for your CV they require at least one flight hour logged in the last 6 months...good job I've been flying regularly, just need that email now!!

WeMadeYou
15th May 2012, 19:32
Once you get in, what are the rules for private flying at an aeroclub?
Does it count in to the 900 hrs? and do ryanair crew fly that much today?

Mikehotel152
15th May 2012, 19:42
They're probably interviewing the people they think will be least militant.

G CEXO
15th May 2012, 19:57
They're probably interviewing the people they think will be least militant.

And how do you think they can determine whether one is of militant nature or not through a basic online application?

City or Jet
15th May 2012, 19:59
Perhaps they consider the English and Irish too 'outspoken' :oh:

6Cilindri
15th May 2012, 22:18
Hi all,

Anyone going to STN next week? Just curious... and would also be nice in case someone else is going the day before...

for the record, applied last november and cv requested three weeks ago:zzz:

englishman
16th May 2012, 06:57
Perhaps they consider the English and Irish too 'outspoken' :oh:

That would seem logical – since you guys know the legal system in the UK it would seem ilogical for someone like RYR (who's attitude towards their workers is, shall we say, semi legal) to hire you.

Exina
16th May 2012, 08:23
6Cilindri

I am going to STN next week; 23rd.Will see you there!

BTW, I applied on the 3rd May but I am with Oxford.

City or Jet
16th May 2012, 12:13
Exina, what nationality are you and how long was it after completing the CAE app before they emailed you asking for your CV? Perhaps Oxford grads are preferred? Don't you just love all this speculation, I wish one of the CAE team would lay down the facts!

Exina
16th May 2012, 15:42
I am British, a girl and I applied on the CAE the 3rd May; received my invitation for assessment 14th (Monday just gone)

Anunaki
16th May 2012, 16:48
So...do they run a separate pool of applicants,where the integrated guys get an earlier call then modular?All seems pretty random,I have applied early april and heard nothing yet...:*

dan wenseslous
16th May 2012, 17:30
Hi there could you help with the contact they used pls i hv bn trin another one but its i cnt go through please help me

skyblue737
18th May 2012, 23:04
I'm going the 24th. Anyone else?