PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Marcssr
21st Mar 2017, 14:20
Hi Marcssr Don´t worry about it, the same happend to me I did the telephone interview a Friday, the next Monday they called me I passed so keep calm and good luck mate!

Hi!! Yeah, after searching through this forum for a while, I found some posts talking about it, my bad!

I see you're also from Spain, I'm from Mallorca myself, best of luck!!

Lowfaresmadesimple
21st Mar 2017, 19:14
Still looking for other lucky :mad: in FR1704! PM me please, I'd like to get in touch beforehand :)

I´m in FR1704! How do I PM? I´m new here :O

HappyHappierHappiest
21st Mar 2017, 20:59
If you click on my profile name, you should be able to send me an email!

Whiskey Hotel
21st Mar 2017, 23:29
Anyone know anything about the Ryanair graduate cadet program? The one where cadets begin their time by working in Ryanair ops for one year in dublin?

PIKAD
22nd Mar 2017, 12:06
Anyone attending the assesment on 27th?

SkyHigh91
22nd Mar 2017, 12:52
I'm starting my type rating in June, CAE1707. Anyone else starting in the same course?

Marcssr
22nd Mar 2017, 13:47
Ok so I got an assessment for the 3rd of April. But I'm feeling a little bit suspicious about something, the CAE website at the first page, down at the bottom states:

"Successful candidates may be offered an opportunity to fly for a contract pilot agency that supplies a pool of pilots that operate on Ryanair aircraft."

So even if you pass the Ryanair's assessment and finish the CAE training program you may still not get a job? Can that happen or is it just in case the training goes horribly?

kindupnorth
22nd Mar 2017, 14:55
FR1706 EMA 1st May FB Group created !

rc2015
22nd Mar 2017, 15:03
I´m in FR1704! How do I PM? I´m new here :O
Hey man, I'm on FR1704 aswell. Starting on the 24th of April at EMA.

Cheers

Dedalus737
22nd Mar 2017, 18:13
I just can not find any reliable source of information about the number of aircrafts Ryanair has!!!
Even on their website, they say more than 300... and only talk about the option for 100 "737MAX200":confused:
http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170321-ryanair-takes-delivery-of-450th-boeing-737-800-aircraft/?market=en

Dedalus737
22nd Mar 2017, 18:47
Anyone in APC1701 24-04-2017? Is there a facebook group already?

Thanks!

Contacttower
23rd Mar 2017, 10:19
Just six days after the assessment day I received a positive email from McGinley. Is that how people normally find out?

Anyway having read this thread quite a lot (and found it helpful) I thought I should post something about my experience. To be honest I do not have much to add to what others have already said about the sim, interview questions etc, so will focus on the particular issues around the situation I found myself in - that of going to the assessment about three years after originally applying. I suspect I'm not alone in that regard and might be able to offer some hope to those who may have (like I had) nearly given up.

I originally applied in early 2014 but never heard anything. Clearly this was not an uncommon experience and in the past have heard of 5 years+ or simply never at all. In October last year though I heard that CAE had a new system so decided to apply again. Six months went by and too be honest I had pretty much forgotten about it - I was working in interesting aviation related (but not flying) job and hearing stories of people being called very soon after applying. I figured that even if they had looked at my application, they would have thought that my MCC was too long ago. I was still flying in my spare time, with current IR etc, but I thought perhaps they would not want someone who was so long out of the CPL/IR training system who might have gained bad habits.

Clearly not however, since I received the CAE email warning of an impending call just over two weeks ago. It came the next day. They asked me quite a lot about my exams, hours and when I'd last flown - thankfully it was only about a month ago and my IR had nearly a year's validity. I was at work at the time but managed to answer all of their questions without my licence or logbook in front of me. The guy on phone then said he needed to check a few things with the airline. It was obviously a very quick check because he called back in about ten minutes to tell me I could come to assessment.

The call sent me into a bit of flat spin - I hadn't flown the 737 sim for more than three years, I only had about half the paper work they claimed to need and the assessment day was in a week's time.

On top of that I needed to move my work schedule around to allow me to go. I did contemplate whether it was really worth even trying, considering that I'd likely be up against people straight out of Oxford Aviation etc. However I decided to give it my best shot.

From the outset I felt the best strategy was to make as much effort in the time available to prepare - come the assessment they would know it had been a while since I'd done my MCC, and even if it did not go so well, I figured that if I showed I'd done my best to prepare they would look on that favourably. Ryanair's primary concern is that you will pass the type rating course in the allotted time, so showing a willingness to prepare is important.

Paperwork

The amount of paperwork they seemed to need did concern me. In the assessment email they made a big thing out of the 'flight school report' with a list of the things it needed to contain. I did not remember ever getting a report from my flight school (or if I had it was long lost) and since I did my ATPLs, CPL/IR and MCC at different places I decided to get in touch with all of them and see what I could get. In some cases it had been nearly four years since I'd been there so I figured they may not have my records. So I called and emailed setting out what I thought I needed - I gave details of the hours I had flown with them, sent scans of my logbook and skill test reports and asked them if they could write something up for me which included hours, training standard and confirmation that I had passed my skills tests and ATPL exams (with attempt number/average pass mark). They were all very helpful and responded exactly as requested.

I have no idea to what extent Ryanair look at the report(s) (they flicked through mine during the interview but did not appear to read it much). My main advice to people would be to get this together when you apply rather than waiting for the assessment invitation. Because I was not really expecting them to get in touch I had taken the view that I would just sort one if they did. I was caught off guard by how little notice they are giving at the moment for assessment days (in my case 6 days, two which were the weekend) and worrying about getting the report together was something I could have done without.

Similarly I was not aware they needed exam certificates from school and academic and professional references. The former were buried at my parents' house and for the latter I needed to find an old teacher/have a conversation with my manager at work about. Again getting these things together before hand would have saved me a lot of stress.

Sim preparation

I had very limited scope to take time off work other than for the assessment day itself, so I knew any Sim practice would have to be in the evening or at the weekend. Thankfully I did manage to book some at short notice. A lot of people do it in Dublin the day before, but that was not an option for me due to work. I had to drive nearly three hours to get to the Sim practice, but it was worth it since otherwise I would have felt totally lost getting into the Ryanair sim for the first time.

Some things that I think are important to remember about the assessment, particularly if your memory of the MCC has faded:

- In theory if you haven't flown the 737 sim before that should not be a problem (on the day they try to pair people up who did their MCC on it with those who did not). However there is a bit of knack to flying it involving gentle control inputs and accurate pitch. The unwary can end up wresting with the aircraft somewhat - sapping vital capacity to interact with your sim partner and generally manage the flight. The AI and trim are your friend in that regard, so practicing in advance will help.

- There is also a 'startle factor' associated with going into a cockpit for the first time that may disorientate you - so again practice beforehand will help this. Even basic things like where the nav frequencies are tuned. You can of course ask the assessor to point these out, but things flow better if you know already.

- Revise the basic concepts of the PF and PM roles, including who does what in the cockpit. Look through your MCC notes but perhaps leave out the complex bits (for example complex takeoff emergency briefings) that your sim partner may not know - sticking to basics will avoid losing your partner's understanding, particularly if their English is not perfect. Remember DODAR and NITS for the 'non-normal' event.

- Know the contents of the assessment brief, especially the PF/PM calls and actions for takeoff, approach and go-around. Getting these right from the start sets a good tone for the flight and ongoing communication with your partner.

Interview

As others have said before, common themes include the 737, general jet aircraft theory and your previous MEP type.

- I was unsure as to whether they would ask me much about the 737 and was more expecting to be asked about the DA42 (which I did my CPL and IR on). However they did ask about the 737, so know basic facts about it like seats, service ceiling, cruising speed, MMO etc. Knowing this shows preparation.

- If it's been a while since your training be prepared to talk about the flying you have done since. In my case this was just in my spare time, but I tried to emphasise that I'd taken a disciplined approach to it. They obviously do not want people who may have picked up bad PPL habits.

- I had been nearly three years in a non-flying (but aviation related) job, as well as a few previous ones. They asked me quite a lot about them and what they involved. I tried as hard as possible to work personal qualities into my answer - where I showed hard work, a positive attitude or learnt quickly. Also the ability to talk in a positive way about your work I think comes across well - I figured they are looking for people who are that way inclined, not just good pilots.

Overall

To those who have not heard from CAE for a while, do not give up hope - make sure you have put in an application on the current system and keep it up to date. Ryanair do look at people who finished their training a while ago. Gather as much of the paperwork you need in advance, particularly references, flight school report and academic certificates. You never know when they might call.

If you are lucky and get the call, make the effort to prepare for the assessment, they will be looking to see how prepared you are. They know you may have been given short notice/it may have been a while since training, but if you do your best to get back up to speed in advance, that will go down well.

PIKAD
23rd Mar 2017, 14:51
question to anyone he/she had passed successfully the assesment:

Did they let you decide when to start your type rating course?

I guess they asked you to pay before the commence of the course, but did they give you any deadlines on this?

If somebody is not available immediatelly for the type rating are they flexible with this??

thanks!

HappyHappierHappiest
23rd Mar 2017, 15:14
I passed in February, and they offered me two starting dates (late April or mid May). You're allowed to pick whatever is most convenient for you, but you have to start a TR course within 6 months of passing your assessment.

Hope it helps

RobHome
23rd Mar 2017, 16:20
FR1706 EMA 1st May FB Group created !

Link?? :-D

Contacttower
23rd Mar 2017, 17:43
I asked if I could start a bit later than May (the first one available) and was given 26th June. It really depends on how things fall but they do try and accommodate requests.

kindupnorth
23rd Mar 2017, 22:17
Link?? :-D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/181565449017816/

Vasileios
24th Mar 2017, 00:04
Anyone attending the assesment on 27th?

Yes, I will attend the assesment on 27th March. Anyone else coming?

The Foss
24th Mar 2017, 15:18
Hi guys!
It's coming to the stage of my training where I'll have my MEIR in the coming weeks and will have to jump from the nest into the big bad world and start looking for a job.
Ryanair will definitely be a port of call for me and my question is does anybody know how they react to ATPL fails?
I have one second attempt on flight planning. Failed the first time by 1% :{
Other than that all first time passes with a 90% average.
Is there anyone that's been in my shoes and had ATPL fails and still got the job?
You'll be fine with just one fail. They might bring it up in the interview but you can turn it into a positive talking about how it was a subject you found challenging and how you walked on it to make sure you passed the next time

pipposky
24th Mar 2017, 17:59
hello, anyone in CAE 1708 in Amsterdam starting introduction course the 26 of June?

BenFly
27th Mar 2017, 20:45
Today I received my positive answer!
I'm not sure which introduction course I'll take, but can't wait to begin :)

For those of you who are going to attend the assessments, good luck and keep faith!

The assessment days were really relaxed, although it was hard work in the simulator, but the assessors really make you feel relaxed and it was a nice day with the group.

For my preparation, I used:

- Pprune
- Ace
- Latestpilotinterviews.com
- Sim prep session in Dublin

So it was a lot of preparation, but the above points prepared me perfectly and in the end it was definitely worth it.

Good luck all and hope to meet up in the future!

aleandrodc
27th Mar 2017, 22:54
Anyone attending the assessment on 5th April?

The Maverick
28th Mar 2017, 07:52
Is anyone else having bother logging into the CAE site? I can't load the login screen. It's been like this since Thursday.

dzthomas
28th Mar 2017, 12:22
Ok so I got an assessment for the 3rd of April. But I'm feeling a little bit suspicious about something, the CAE website at the first page, down at the bottom states:

"Successful candidates may be offered an opportunity to fly for a contract pilot agency that supplies a pool of pilots that operate on Ryanair aircraft."

So even if you pass the Ryanair's assessment and finish the CAE training program you may still not get a job? Can that happen or is it just in case the training goes horribly?
Hello there, I will be assessed on the 3rd as well. Nice
To meet you.. hope we can get in touch on WhatsApp

Sm4rt1es
28th Mar 2017, 12:27
Is anyone else having bother logging into the CAE site? I can't load the login screen. It's been like this since Thursday.

Same here, I was trying to apply via the link on Ryanair's page, but it won't load...:confused:

Mlambin
28th Mar 2017, 13:33
Same here, I can't go on the pilot.cae.com portal for few days now !

the737lover
30th Mar 2017, 17:34
Hi All, Does anyone know if you can still get an interview (entering as a cadet) if I got a fail in some of the ATPL theory subjects? I have a first time pass in my CPL/IR skills test. Cheers

Face The Wind
30th Mar 2017, 19:23
How many do you have ?

takeoffthrust
31st Mar 2017, 10:31
Hi guys, do you know how long we need to wait after the application, for the phone call and the assessment in Dublin?

Coug777
31st Mar 2017, 11:06
I wonder how many pointless posts there are on this thread. I won't mention names...

.Frag.
1st Apr 2017, 06:05
Hi,

Anyone who is also going to be starting in CAE1708 in Amsterdam on the 26th of July. See here the facebook group link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500163693358928/

Byrne11
1st Apr 2017, 10:10
Does anyone know what RYR are looking for from the ATPLs? Particularly if you have a first time IR.

It seems common now for people particularly from the large integrated flight schools to have 4/5 fails! I've heard of the likes of Norwegian/Easy taking 6 or even more.

P06T
1st Apr 2017, 14:10
They use it as a filter. At the end of the day, as a pilot, it doesn't matter whether you scored well or not in your ATPLs. Having said that you are expected to have sound knowledge in certain topics like performance.

Byrne11
2nd Apr 2017, 10:30
Thank you!

Pilot1013
2nd Apr 2017, 14:02
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm currently going through my RYR application form and have heard from others that you have to be careful when selecting preferred bases so as not to be seen as fussy, particularly if you are from the UK.

If I were to prefer UK bases but be up for moving anywhere, what are the best selections to make? One UK base just in case then the rest Eastern European? or is the best thing to put purely non-UK bases?

In addition to this I'm finding it difficult to find out what the current exact TR costs/ initial contract pay is if anyone could shed some light on this?

Thanks

Alexfly25
2nd Apr 2017, 14:47
Afternoon All

I have sent an application to Ryanair through the CEA website and I haven't had anything to say that it has been submitted and I am unable to edit my hours or when the last time I flow was.

Does anyone know if I should of had confirmation that it was submitted and how I can edit it or who I contact about it. I have tried the email on the Portal but had no response.

Thanks

GBP
2nd Apr 2017, 20:46
Hi there Pilots,

What about loogbooks? Are they looking for faults? Update a loogbook sometimes can be a real head ache. Dates missing, instructor signatures missing....etc.

Any information apreciated.

Regards

the737lover
2nd Apr 2017, 21:46
Thanks for the answers guys! I have been unlucky to get 74 in 5 subjects, but at flying I'm way better, got a first time in CPL/IR....Also I think what will help me on the other hand is that I have some experience in the Flight Ops...as this is my current job, as long as they call me for the interview I will be happy so I can show them what I'm made of in the sim. Fingers Crossed! :)

Byrne11
2nd Apr 2017, 21:55
In relation to what RYR is looking from people, especially in regards to atpls, I know of people that have had some fails and still got accepted, but I think they are looking at overall picture.
The reason behind this, is to see if you will be able to go trough the type rating.
Ryanair 737 type rating aint easy at all, its a tought going that requires a lot of effort and discipline and the time frame they do it in, you have to be sharp to get along with it. There will be exams, tests, etc and you have to do extremely well. If you tought atpls were hard, think again. So I pretty much think this is on of the reasons behind their assessment filtering.

That makes perfect sense, I understand that if you have 14 fails there was clearly an issue.

I'm just curious to what their 'limit' so to speak is? I'm assuming 6 or around that number would be acceptable? I'm clueless To what their filter would be.

Again, thank you.

Ramboskyhawk
3rd Apr 2017, 00:17
Hey guys,
I received the PASS email on the 27th of March and I'm going to start on the TR course FR1707 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1851632961763987/?multi_permalinks=1852943251632958&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1491167913825258) in East Midlands

I won't describe my interview and sim session, because I don't want to be misinterpreted or give your mind the opportunity to be biased
to take it to easy or too hard.
What can You say of a day in the Ryanair assessment building ? Everything was so relaxed and everyone really kind!
The questions to be expected are the same that you can find around the web, nothing more, nothing less...
Same thing for the sim session, look at 2/3 scenarios and give it your best shot, they will not try to trick you, which does not mean you won't get any problem...

For my preparation I used:
-PPrune
-ATPL books (Technical)
-Skyinstructor (http://skyinstructor.com/) (Technical)
-The complete airline pilot interview work book (https://www.flightdeckconsulting.com/shop/airline-pilot-interview-workbook/) (HR)

and then practice practice practice... write down your ideas and try ask yourself, WHY? WHY? WHY?
Be true, there is no need to boost them... they already have a big ego... and more than 11500 people working for them!

At last I would like to congratulate with those who didn't pass the assessment, for I am no better than them. You did a good job to get everything ready for the big day,
keep it up and the success will come!:ok:

Coug777
3rd Apr 2017, 20:01
Hello,

What is your total time? Are you a Flight Instructor? Do you hold any other abilitation/rating?

My understanding is that above 32/33 you have a chance for an interview only if you have something more than the minimum 200ish hrs of a frozen ATPL...

This is based on my observation for tha last 5 yrs.

I know some guys aged 35/39 called for an interview but they all had some of the above ratings/experience.

Hi there, I'm 34 with 230 hours, Mcc joc from simtech so might want to amend your undestanding :) because I got an invite for interview in few days

gilez
6th Apr 2017, 14:46
Wow, that's nice...I'm 36, 250hrs, no fail in atpl nor in the sep/mep/cpl, applied on line and after 2 months no one called--- :(
Will go on waiting and searching around

Tesh84
7th Apr 2017, 06:00
Hello guys...
i need a small info...is there any scheme where if the candidate cannot afford to pay for the type rating the company pays for it and then deduct from monthly salary??
any info is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

SeventhHeaven
7th Apr 2017, 08:53
No. It's a self funded course, no exceptions however pretty you may be!

RadioStar737
8th Apr 2017, 16:07
Has anybody here ever had a second interview with Ryanair, i failed my assessment last summer and Ryanair pilots were telling me they call again in 6 months

Peacockk
10th Apr 2017, 10:08
Someone lucky who would have had a second chance to repeat the assessment since August 2015? I mean..Someone who was called twice with same profile updated?

Cheers¡

CL215
10th Apr 2017, 11:35
Good mornig guys,

This message is for the spaniards applying to Ryanair, or for those who are already hired.

I am looking for all the paperwork we need for the interview, and I have NO idea how I can get the BACHILLERATO/ESO diploma translated to english and in a valid and official form.

In the other hand, do we also need the scores for each subjet of BACHILLERATO/ESO?

Is there anyone who has done this process before and the HR accepted it who can give me the correct way to do it?

I have searched in google with no luck...

Thank you so much, and please PM me!

Marcssr
10th Apr 2017, 12:47
Hey CL215,

If you already have it in spanish, just look for "translation agency" around your location, I'm at Mallorca and I used Alphatrad, though they provide their services all around Spain, it cost me 72€ because I needed it in 72h, if not it was only 60€ which I think is reasonable. But any other official agency will serve the same purpose, what you're looking for is a "traducción jurada" I believe for it to be "official".

CL215
10th Apr 2017, 14:12
Thank you so much for your fast answer Marcssr!

do you know if we need the scores? or with the certificate is enoguh?

Marcssr
10th Apr 2017, 19:30
Not necessary, mine had the grades on it, but they won't mind if they aren't there, plus it will be cheaper to translate (depending on text quantity of course).

Sajith
11th Apr 2017, 05:37
Hi, Are you gonna sponsore your type rating or is it sponsored by a particular joint partnership airline with CAE..? Is true that Europian airlines,sponsore ones type rating with a bond? And how much hours did you gain while finishing your Flight schl training. because I've gonna start my training with 2fy Airborne,an intergrated pro pilot programme of 13 months with 283 flying hours of total.And previously I contacted them,they replied saying" the type rating will be sponsored by the joint partner ship europian airlines with CAE"...Please help me I'm really confused...Thankyou!

olliem777
11th Apr 2017, 10:01
Hi Folks, I hope someone might be able to shed some light on the whole recruitment process at Ryanair?
I applied in august last year (2016) and have still heard nothing back, My application on the CAE website is still there and active, I update it when I can, but still nothing. I am still waiting for my flight school report from my school (long story) so i'm hoping that that will be the solution. If anyone has anything informative to add that would be appreciated.

stephen2688
11th Apr 2017, 12:24
olliem777

Have a read of the last few hundred pages on this thread and it will explain all. I applied in May last year and haven't heard anything back, some people wait a day, week, month to get a response from Ryanair/CAE yet some people have applied years ago sometimes 5 years ago and haven't been invited for a interview, it's a total lottery on who they pick!

I'm guessing because we both applied around the same time we probably won't hear back anytime soon!

bbone1
11th Apr 2017, 13:35
I did my interview a couple of weeks ago, everything went good. Nothing special. Everythins goes in the flow like you read it here on PPrune.

For my simulator training i prepared myself with Upilot.
They have a B737 fixed sim in Dublin. I took it for 2 hours, costed me 300€ but it is worth for sure!

Have a nice day

eduz
11th Apr 2017, 15:36
Someone lucky who would have had a second chance to repeat the assessment since August 2015? I mean..Someone who was called twice with same profile updated?

Cheers¡

Here I am! I applied the first time on sept 2015, got the call on dec 2015 and the interview on feb 2016 (didn't go as expected).
BUT this year was the lucky one:
-27th feb got the first email for a second chance,
-28th feb got the call,
-10th march interview,
-14th march positive feedback.
So don't lose hope, they usually call u back after 12 months

Anyone going on FR1710? Is there already a fb group? contact me if there's one

Anunaki
11th Apr 2017, 15:38
Anyone who has worked in aviation recruitment will tell you that you will not get called past 5 years. Like myself, who applied over five years ago with no response, as the CAE staffer in charge of this will look at fresher applicants due to recency. Also, the pool is quite large and they will prefer someone who is younger (higher enthusiasm, more malleable e.g. will do as told), females are good PR, and those who fit the company profile. I have a friend who left CAE/Parc not long ago, and she told me to forget it, I'm too old, too opinionated so probably would be out at the interview(if got called) and not from the countries of preference or from any elite school( specially OAA). I was told that once they meet their quotas they do discriminate, and it is normal practice from recruitment agencies in Aviation. She was told to pick at random but to stick to the profile, having said that, she had to meet her targets and there was a greater chance for success by choosing candidates who were fresh out of school, no brainer. Most of the staff who screen applications do not give a :oh: , they are there to make money(fair play) and you are a unknown name on the screen and a number. For example, It is widely known that Chinese carriers wont hire muslims or black people, and cater for a very small amount of females, agencies like Parc facilitate that, you can ask any friends or colleagues who work at agencies and that have Chinese carriers on their books. Corporate jet companies will ask agencies to hire VIP crew based on physical attributes and this is not new, it has been going on for a long time. Don't be so naive guys, like I was, I gave up on them years ago. The process is anything but professional, or transparent. My point here is that if you have been in the pool for a while, it is more likely that you are right at the bottom of thousands and will not be considered. CAE is not a good company to work for or deal with, they have shady practices and little decency. Letting people know if they made it or not, or give candidates any sort of closure is certainly not in their plans. My suggestion would be to focus elsewhere as you are more likely to get better results in channeling that energy on positive things.

Mlambin
11th Apr 2017, 16:27
Keep being positive it will come!

I apply in October and I received an email saying they will call me in the next 14 days so the process is on for me. Now I have to do my best to succeed.

I finished my aviation school in 2010 so it took me 6 years to finally decide to apply (money related).

I don't know if they have profile but I clearly finished my school 7 years ago now. However i'm still highly involved as I keep flying and studying and reading magazine so maybe that helps.

Best of luck guys.

Mlambin
11th Apr 2017, 19:43
No I apply in October but I finished my training 6 years before I apply.

Janrus
12th Apr 2017, 14:08
My story:

Applied less than one month ago, got the e-mail and the call the next day.
Attended the assessment last week, got the positive answer few days later.

Tips:
Study everything that you can, be curious. Always ask yourself why a thing is like that. This thread has an enormous database of possible questions. I used the ACE book too. Study the SOP that they send you. Be prepared when you apply, they need pilots, they WILL call if you meet the profile that they want.
Be relaxed, the assessors are really nice. They are very good instructors too, giving you all necessary infos.
I did a sim prep session at uPilot the day before, and it worth it. Very good tips with a very high value for an excellent price.

Btw, I'm in FR1709 at EMA, anyone here?

echocharlie3012
12th Apr 2017, 21:19
Good mornig guys,

This message is for the spaniards applying to Ryanair, or for those who are already hired.

I am looking for all the paperwork we need for the interview, and I have NO idea how I can get the BACHILLERATO/ESO diploma translated to english and in a valid and official form.

In the other hand, do we also need the scores for each subjet of BACHILLERATO/ESO?

Is there anyone who has done this process before and the HR accepted it who can give me the correct way to do it?

I have searched in google with no luck...

Thank you so much, and please PM me!

One spanish here that already passed the assessment. :ok:

To translate your Baccalaureatte or "Bachillerato" diploma you will have to contact an official translator, i will forward you the official list below, just contact to anyone of them an explain he/she you want to translate your Baccalaureatte certificate into English that should be fine. (BTW, It cost me 50€ to do it)

The scores are shown depeding in which high school you studied in, mine instead, was a public one and the scores appeared on it (As most of public High schools)

Here's the link i mentioned

Best luck to you :ok: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/es/ServiciosAlCiudadano/Documents/4%20de%20abril%20de%202017.pdf

Mlambin
13th Apr 2017, 17:07
Hi fellow pilots,

Questions regarding the documents to bring at the assessment. After the phone call, by a mail from CAO, they remind me to bring this at the assessment :

"Academic/Educational Certificates (If this is not in English please get it officially translated by a translation agency).

A minimum of 2 written references in English signed by the referee e.g. Employment references or If you have never been in employment a signed reference from a person who knows you for the last 5 years or more (NB this cannot be written by a relative) and a reference from an educational body (high school or university). All references must be signed by the referee!"

I can have a reference letter from my job and I guess from my father. But the academic certificate is my high school diploma? From 12 to 18 years old right? So I have to officially translate that I guess.

Just to make it clear I am from Belgium in case this change anything.

Thanks for the help!

manuel.ulrich
13th Apr 2017, 17:12
You cant have a reference from your father, have a look... it states "NB this cannot be written by a relative".
About academic reference, is a reference letter written from your school, it's not the diploma.

SeventhHeaven
13th Apr 2017, 19:19
If it's been too long ago since you've graduated, 2 employment references will suffice.

I have to say, a LOT of posts in this thread ask pretty dumb :mad: everybody competent enough to wipe their :mad: should know - or stuff that has been asked and answered 20 times in the last year alone (search function!)

stephen2688
13th Apr 2017, 19:56
Hi all,

I've heard that Ryanair/CAE would prefer applications by those who have had flying experience in the last 6 months. Does anyone know whether Ryanair or indeed any airlines what they prefer in the type of recent flying experience you've had, for example does it matter if you've flown a SEP (Diamond DA40) or MEP (Diamond DA42)?

Contacttower
13th Apr 2017, 20:17
I think they do prefer people who are in current flying practice. MEP is probably better than SEP, but I had mostly SEP (MEP was current, just little used) and that was OK. Last flight had been just over a month before the initial email.

stephen2688
14th Apr 2017, 01:05
Your last flight before getting the initial email, was it in a SEP?

Contacttower
14th Apr 2017, 07:27
Yes it was.

Last MEP flight had been four months ago for my IR reval. I cannot remember what I had put as my last flight on the application, but when they called me they asked, and I gave them a date just over a month prior. Don't think they actually asked what sort of flight it had been.

Mlambin
14th Apr 2017, 08:48
For your informations I have been flying around 10hours on SEP since I apply with them on October.

Thanks I will not ask ask my father so. I miss reading.I am waiting one from my employer and my school (even if it's was a long time ago seems like they will do it). I'm working on translating my secondary school diploma as well even if this seems to much...

How can I get à second référence...

Anyone as a good tip for an hotel close to RYR headquarter?

PAG
15th Apr 2017, 10:30
Travelodge Dublin airport north "swords", 200m from Ryanair headquarter

FelixFL390
15th Apr 2017, 12:48
Travelodge Dublin airport is indeed a nice suggestion.
Another nice one is the Premier Inn which is also just a couple minutes walk from the RYR building, good luck!

FelixFL390
15th Apr 2017, 12:54
Today I received my positive answer!
I'm not sure which introduction course I'll take, but can't wait to begin :)

For those of you who are going to attend the assessments, good luck and keep faith!

The assessment days were really relaxed, although it was hard work in the simulator, but the assessors really make you feel relaxed and it was a nice day with the group.

For my preparation, I used:

- Pprune
- Ace
- Latestpilotinterviews.com
- Sim prep session in Dublin

So it was a lot of preparation, but the above points prepared me perfectly and in the end it was definitely worth it.

Good luck all and hope to meet up in the future!
Hi Ben,

A good and solid preparation does the job, congratulations!
I'll sent you a PM so we can stay in touch for the type rating training.

Mlambin
15th Apr 2017, 17:18
That's the one I found.

Thanks.

Belleair
16th Apr 2017, 13:12
Hello, I have my assessment on the 26th.
But I am trying to find an answer to the following question and I can't find it:
On the website of Ryanair it is mentioned that you might get selected of a pool of candidates after your typerating. Does it happen that you pay the TP, succeed and don't get to start for them?

Mlambin
16th Apr 2017, 15:57
You're scaring me right now Belleair ;-)

FWIflyer
16th Apr 2017, 16:10
Stupid question ! Next ?

Thegreenmachine
18th Apr 2017, 11:42
I'm not defending this policy in any way, shape or form. However, if you have anywhere between 50-100k training debt and repayments starting in a few months, the prospect of a 'near' guaranteed job are, I'm sure, a big lure. Even if you have to dig yourself deeper into debt.

Guillesct
18th Apr 2017, 13:12
Hello I recieved the mail from CAE telling me they will call me in the next 14 days, next day I recieved a call but I was with no coberture, can someone tell me if this number is CAE? +1 973 314 4012, i've serched for it and it's a phone number from New Jersey, New York. I don't think they will call from United States but to make shure if i've lost the opportunity or not.

Thank you in advance.

Flying Rabbit
18th Apr 2017, 14:55
Hey guys! I have a simple question about pre assessment procedures. I applied around 1 month and half ago and received an email from Cindy saying that I will receive a call from them within the next 14 days. The problem is that those 14 days are almost over and no call or voice mail at all. What should I do after those days with call? Thanks in advance!

FWIflyer
18th Apr 2017, 15:44
Interesting to see how many pilots are willing to pay 350 EUR for attending a job interview & another 30.000 EUR for the quite overpriced B737 T/R. Just imagine what would happen if you all stopped with this practice - especially when the company is expanding.

Still cheaper compared to ERJ145 TR with bmi or 320 TR with EZY... :rolleyes:

Tomtomsky
19th Apr 2017, 13:44
If we will stand together and say NO for self-sponsored TR that will affect the their policy. Lot of things could change for better but unfortunately lot of people are desperate because of debts to be payed, and they gonna do everything to start a job.anyway the type rating for 737 cost between 12-15k€. So ryanair is earning double money for free. I hope this will stop but it's only hope:/

Flying Rabbit
19th Apr 2017, 20:01
Be happy, you have probably saved 1k EUR by not attending the assessment :-)
As you otherwise had to pay not only the "fee" but also airfare to Dublin, hotel, food etc.

I already took those costs in consideration before applying, so no, I won't be happy if they don't contact me and if anyone feels happy when the employer doesn't answer, well... that guy has issues!

P40Warhawk
19th Apr 2017, 20:43
If we will stand together and say NO for self-sponsored TR that will affect the their policy. Lot of things could change for better but unfortunately lot of people are desperate because of debts to be payed, and they gonna do everything to start a job.anyway the type rating for 737 cost between 12-15k€. So ryanair is earning double money for free. I hope this will stop but it's only hope:/

I paid 15500 for my TR that is incl. CL and NG AND Hotel PLUS base training. That is something different then FR.

Then after 3,5 years CAE called me and asked what my situation was. I said well, I just obtained my 737 Rating... The friendly lady, asked me then, well are you still interested to work in FR? I said yes, but NOT when I have to REDO B737 Rating all over again for the grandstand price of 30K. I said, I HAVE TR737 rating so if they are in such a big need then they should take me on, but that was NOT possible when you dont have hrs on type. So then my answer was Thanks but NO Thanks.

Tomtomsky
19th Apr 2017, 23:47
[QUOTE=P40Warhawk;9745967]I paid 15500 for my TR that is incl. CL and NG AND Hotel PLUS base training. That is something different then FR.

Then after 3,5 years CAE called me and asked what my situation was. I said well, I just obtained my 737 Rating... The friendly lady, asked me then, well are you still interested to work in FR? I said yes, but NOT when I have to REDO B737 Rating all over again for the grandstand price of 30K. I said, I HAVE TR737 rating so if they are in such a big need then they should take me on, but that was NOT possible when you dont have hrs on type. So then my answer was Thanks but NO

And what next? Have you got a job? It's ridiculous if they did not taken you:/ already trained person who need only few hours in simulator to catch up FR procedures and job done. I am still applying but so far no answers and how are you P40Warhawk?

P40Warhawk
20th Apr 2017, 15:35
Well, you would say so, but no they are not interested in rated guys like me with little experience on type.

If the need would be as high as they say it is, then they should invite me, but they will not at the moment.

Anyway. I continue. Things are moving. Soon I have an assessment in another airline. Hope I pass and get the job.

Tomtomsky
20th Apr 2017, 15:46
So I wish you all the best and don't surrender:) hope see you some day in flight deck:)

ivarosu
20th Apr 2017, 17:22
I've aplied 1 month ago, received the Cindy email on april the 6 and no answer till today... still wating

P40Warhawk
20th Apr 2017, 21:00
So I wish you all the best and don't surrender:) hope see you some day in flight deck:)

I will NOT surrender. ;) .

Flying Rabbit
20th Apr 2017, 23:57
I've aplied 1 month ago, received the Cindy email on april the 6 and no answer till today... still wating

Damn... My 14 days are today April 21. I will wait until Monday, otherwise I will fly away. It's so weird when some people receive the call in 2 or 3 days and us, nothing at all... Feels so unfair =/

luc753
21st Apr 2017, 14:15
Send an email after the 14days so monday. I missed the phone call 3 weeks ago. I sent directly an email. Then, they called me on wednesday. Had an passed the phone interview. Friday i will be at dublin for the interview. Never give up. i have been waiting 5 years the call in total. And 2 years with the new system...

arthur67
21st Apr 2017, 14:26
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have his interview next thursday?

( I had the phone call last week, pretty much the same as said in this thread, questions about my licenses and a little text followed by 4 questions)

P40Warhawk
21st Apr 2017, 14:50
Send an email after the 14days so monday. I missed the phone call 3 weeks ago. I sent directly an email. Then, they called me on wednesday. Had an passed the phone interview. Friday i will be at dublin for the interview. Never give up. i have been waiting 5 years the call in total. And 2 years with the new system...

They state that they need around 850-1000 pilots, well if they are in such a need, WHY do we have to pay what 350 quid for assessment and 30K for TR which should cost not more then 15-20K???

Iselbewohner
21st Apr 2017, 15:41
They state that they need around 850-1000 pilots, well if they are in such a need, WHY do we have to pay what 350 quid for assessment and 30K for TR which should cost not more then 15-20K???

Because obviously, and unfortunately, they can get that number of pilots even under these conditions...

P40Warhawk
21st Apr 2017, 15:56
Because obviously, and unfortunately, they can get that number of pilots even under these conditions...

I understand that, but we need to stop accepting these toilet T&C's.

We deserve a lot more respect. We worked hard to get our licenses.
Why can PAX fly for 7 euro from Manchester to Venice? And we pay 350 quid for Assessment, 30 K for TR, pay for airside pass, Uniform, our own Linechecks and Simchecks?

choko849
21st Apr 2017, 20:41
Hello, I was on the assesment one year ago, with negative feedback, and I'd like to apply again for the interview. Does someone know how to do that??

Thanks

Mlambin
21st Apr 2017, 20:43
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have his interview next thursday?

( I had the phone call last week, pretty much the same as said in this thread, questions about my licenses and a little text followed by 4 questions)

I have mine ! I'll see you there Arthur ;-)

AlphAlpha
21st Apr 2017, 22:30
Hi guys!! I got the email from CAE on Wednesday morning and the call on Thursday afternoon. As far as I read here was a normal call.
Some questions about my licenses and expiring dates, hours as PIC, class 1, etc. Then she read me a text twice about the maintenance logbook of the plane, and as she had an strange accent was great that she read it twice, then some question about the text and that was it. Then told me she was going to send the the results to the airline and someone was going to call me next week. I've been reading here that some guys received the date for the assessment on the same call, others a few days later and others never heard from them again. So, fingers crossed . Did anyone receive the call this week?

Rosenking
22nd Apr 2017, 15:01
I got the same text Read for me thursday Morning, got invited for assessment on tuesday 2nd of may. Did you receive any more call?

Flying Rabbit
22nd Apr 2017, 18:04

Thanks for the tip. I will do it next Monday. Let's hope for the best...

AlphAlpha
22nd Apr 2017, 21:50
Hi Rosenking, nope, didn't hear from them again, did they give you the date for the assessment in the same call?

onbus
22nd Apr 2017, 22:17
Hey guys.
Did anyone apply for direct entry first officer?

Rosenking
24th Apr 2017, 14:52
Hi! Sorry for late answer. No not the same call but later the same day. Have you heard anything yet?

AlphAlpha
24th Apr 2017, 15:11
Hi everyone! I finally got the call for the assessment, I'll be in Dublin next Thursday (4th). Anyone with the same date? And if someone knows where is the best place to stay I apreciate the tip. Good luck to all of you guys!

SVA11210
24th Apr 2017, 15:58
A couple months ago I received phone call from CAE and everything went well. She told me to wait for an e mail with results.
I got the standard e mail that I did not get an assessment, probably because I have 1 fail in ATPL exams and 1 PP on CPL skilltest.
But I have seen people here in this thread with worse "record" than that.

Ive seen a lot of people that have applied again, how do you do that? My profile and application is still in the CAE system.

Flying Rabbit
24th Apr 2017, 23:04
Hey guys! A little follow up about my situation. Applied and waited 1 and half month for the answer. Then received the email saying that I would be contacted within the next 14 days. Unfortunately it didn't happen after those 14 days and I replied the email saying that. Received the call a few hours later and got the date. It was a very easy going phone call and the guy was very polite. I will be there on May 4. Wish me luck as I wish luck for the future ones. (AlphAlpha I will see you there. Ivarosu, please don't give up)

Peacockk
25th Apr 2017, 07:48
You can not apply again creating a new profile, just update the old one... that's all.
Long time ago you could have more than one profile...

AlphAlpha
25th Apr 2017, 16:53
Hey guys! A little follow up about my situation. Applied and waited 1 and half month for the answer. Then received the email saying that I would be contacted within the next 14 days. Unfortunately it didn't happen after those 14 days and I replied the email saying that. Received the call a few hours later and got the date. It was a very easy going phone call and the guy was very polite. I will be there on May 4. Wish me luck as I wish luck for the future ones. (AlphAlpha I will see you there. Ivarosu, please don't give up).
Hi! Great!! See you there, all the best!

Rosenking
25th Apr 2017, 22:05
Hi everyone! I finally got the call for the assessment, I'll be in Dublin next Thursday (4th). Anyone with the same date? And if someone knows where is the best place to stay I apreciate the tip. Good luck to all of you guys!

Congratulations and best of luck AlphaAlpha :)

AlphAlpha
26th Apr 2017, 07:35
Thanks!! Good luck for you too!! Where are you going to prepare the SIM?

Le Bigleux
26th Apr 2017, 13:58
Hello guys,

I got the email last Friday, then the call yesterday.
This call went exactly as described here, the text was quite short and I understood it easily although I am not used to speak English on the phone.

I had the confirmation call today and I will be in Dublin Tuesday 09/05. Anyone else there at that date?

Also, the guy strongly suggested that I take a sim flight before that (last time on a sim was in August 2011)
I read good things here about uPilot, I will try to book a sim session Monday 08/05 (as I understand this is not a public holiday in Ireland)

Rosenking
26th Apr 2017, 22:52
Thanks!! Good luck for you too!! Where are you going to prepare the SIM?
Thanks. Done it two days now with two Ryanair pilots in a 737 sim at My school in Sweden. How about you?

AlphaFloor45
27th Apr 2017, 16:59
Applied 18th October 2016, got the email yesterday (26/04/2017). Now waiting for the call ^^

AlphAlpha
27th Apr 2017, 22:21
Thanks. Done it two days now with two Ryanair pilots in a 737 sim at My school in Sweden. How about you? I'll do it next week in Simloc Madrid. Good luck!

Bradical
28th Apr 2017, 09:31
Hey guys,
Just to clarify something to ease the hurt. The type rating cost is a major ball ache, however the cost is claimed as an expense that reduces your taxes. Since you're a self employed contract pilot you'll be claiming your costs with your accountants which shaves down your gross earnings in the taxmans eye. You pay very little tax (just some social income tax) until these deductibles have been used up.
So essentially you're getting your money back.
Good luck

My explanation may not be entirely accurate, but you get the gist of it.

luc753
29th Apr 2017, 04:11
Be patient. I sent an email 1 hour after missed the call. Waited 2 weeks then sent again an email. Then i have waited two days before the phone call.Just made the interview. Quiete de same from here.. Some technical questions and more HR. Sim important role playing is the CRM. Just went fast 15min then 30-35min as a pm and pf. Departure, basic flying, where are we, QDM, intercept this, then hold. Repositionned for ils landing and finish. Think HR and tech ok. Sim could do better.. Hope and see

4AE13
30th Apr 2017, 11:25
hi to everyone, is it any chance to get that email address? I have been changing my personal phone number lately and I'm afraid I could have missed the call. thanks in advance.

Grasstripflyer
7th May 2017, 13:12
Any of the guys that had the assessment this last week hope it went well for you all!
wondering if you could give us a heads up and what sort of technical questions they asked you in the interview i.e. last plane you flew systems? physics/principles of flight etc?

if you cant give out this info (FR probably asked you not to) was there any books you'd recommend going over i.e. ace the technical pilot interview (heard mixed reviews)

I know the sim check will be do a SID, basic airwork, track back to NDB and some failures most likely...

FelixFL390
9th May 2017, 09:14
Hi Grasstripflyer,

I (and other members in this topic) prepared and passed the assessment with the information available on pprune and the interview questions on latestpilotinterviews.com.

I also used the Ace book, but most questions are quite general and not Ryanair interview orientated.

Good luck preparing yourself!

Sethorion
10th May 2017, 20:36
I'm only beginning my PPL but this thread is very encouraging. I'm very curious for what level of ATPL scores I must get; looks like I must go through 300+ pages of this thread to find out :).

Good luck everyone!

Flying Rabbit
11th May 2017, 09:22
Hi everyone. I was on the assessment on May 4. Unfortunatelly I was unsucessful. Although that, the experience was quite good and I don't feel bad at all for it. The environment is very relaxed everywhere, like how you can find in Google or other employee friendly companies nowadays.

The gentle guy (later I found that he was one of the assessors) came to the entrance and then showed us where the bathroom is, cafeteria and so on. Then we went to the simulator area. It's the one that appears on the video that they send wth the briefing package (link below).

We went then to a room nearby and he showed us a quick powerpoint about the cockpit and the assessment procedures, like no feedback after and results until 7 days. Then he paired us according to his will and gave us the charts for the day. For us it was Birmingham. We used Navteq charts, so be aware if you are using Jeppesen or other ones, it takes a while to get confortable with.

Me and my partner were the first group to go to the simulator with the gentle captain. My partner flew as PF first and then me. He asked both to take off to a certain altitude and then basic flying skills like turns, climbs, descents in turn, speed increase and decrease. We both were informed by him that we had smoke in the cabin while doing the holding, so we both asked to fly as soon as possible to the field and we did the usual PIOSEE and NITS procedure. We had also to do a go around, where I failed miserably flying to the moon instead of stoping at 3000', (I always wanted to be an astronaut, sorry) and then he positioned us in a straight in to the ILS and as soon as I had the runway insight he switched off the glide slope and localizer, so we flew visual. He also positioned us in a random placed and asked us to point on the chart where we were.

Then it was the interview. Same gentle captain and a HR guy. The captain asked me something about my CV and then the questions. As far as I remember were:

Difference between MDA an DA?
What do you understand as Vmcg?
What's V2?
What do you do when you have a happy light (he said that) before V1? I answered if it was a happy one, I would smile, otherwise I would reject the take off.
RYR 737-800 seats?
Why some aircrafts have dihedral?
Why some aircrafts have a metal plate attached to the tip? (playing stupid and clearly looking if I knew the name of the it)
What happens when we find that the dew point is close to the temperature?
737-800 engines?

The HR questions were very simple like "can you afford the type rating?" and "what do you feel about being based away from home" and then some very chill talking about my flight school and my country.

And that was it. Before 12 I was ready to go home and then at night I went to Temple bar to drink some Guinness beer. Anything feel free to ask.

Cheers =)

https://vimeo.com/212887387/4218d82076

ghentpilot
11th May 2017, 13:57
Be patient. I sent an email 1 hour after missed the call. Waited 2 weeks then sent again an email. Then i have waited two days before the phone call.Just made the interview. Quiete de same from here.. Some technical questions and more HR. Sim important role playing is the CRM. Just went fast 15min then 30-35min as a pm and pf. Departure, basic flying, where are we, QDM, intercept this, then hold. Repositionned for ils landing and finish. Think HR and tech ok. Sim could do better.. Hope and see

Luc, do you have any news about the outcome of your assessment?
Thank you!

AlphaFloor45
11th May 2017, 16:26
Received the email for the call 26th April and .... still no call ... I sent an email yesterday.
I hope they will call me ...

luc753
11th May 2017, 18:33
Luc, do you have any news about the outcome of your assessment?
Thank you!

Yes. Passed. Will be in CAE1706 at AMS

flying_dan
12th May 2017, 22:43
Hi guys, I applied 2 weeks ago, received the email last tuesday, phone call on wednesday, and another call to invite me for the assessment next Friday, 19th of May.

TT207h, CPL/IR-ME MCC/JOC

BenFly
14th May 2017, 14:18
Hi Grasstripflyer,

I (and other members in this topic) prepared and passed the assessment with the information available on pprune and the interview questions on latestpilotinterviews.com.

I also used the Ace book, but most questions are quite general and not Ryanair interview orientated.

Good luck preparing yourself!
I totally agree with the combination of PPRuNe and latestpilotinterviews.com
Received my positive answer, now up to the type rating course :)

Good luck all!

PapaNovemberPL
14th May 2017, 16:12
Hello,
How long does the assessment take?
Is it a good idea to book flight back at 18 ?

Rosenking
16th May 2017, 13:01
Yeah! I was finished at 11, the latest were finished at 14 that day. So there wont be any problem. They did ask us if anyone have to Catch a flight back home as well.
Best of luck :D

ivarosu
16th May 2017, 14:18
Hey guys! A little follow up about my situation. Applied and waited 1 and half month for the answer. Then received the email saying that I would be contacted within the next 14 days. Unfortunately it didn't happen after those 14 days and I replied the email saying that. Received the call a few hours later and got the date. It was a very easy going phone call and the guy was very polite. I will be there on May 4. Wish me luck as I wish luck for the future ones. (AlphAlpha I will see you there. Ivarosu, please don't give up)

Congrats. I still wating the call. Would you mind to let me know what email adress do you use to contact them ? Thanks

Spooks591
16th May 2017, 16:08
Guys I got the email today around 11:30 and called me a few hours later but they didn't give me an assortment date. They told me I will be contacted by cae. Is that normal? Cause friends told me that they usually tell you the assestement date on the phone...

AlphaFloor45
16th May 2017, 18:33
Finally I got the phone call ! 20 days after the mail ...
But I succeded and I will go the assessment the 24th May ! YEAAAHH !!

Spooks591
16th May 2017, 18:52
They phoned you today and gave you an assessment date right away? I'm getting worried cause they called me today and didn't give me an assessment date. Told me I will be contacted again...

FMC_guru
16th May 2017, 23:36
Hi All,

I've been following this thread closely for quite some time now, long before I applied to Ryanair via. the CAE website in January. I'm just wondering if any of you guys who have recently recieved the e-mail or phone call - how long did you wait since initially applying?

AlphaFloor45
17th May 2017, 06:09
They phoned you today and gave you an assessment date right away? I'm getting worried cause they called me today and didn't give me an assessment date. Told me I will be contacted again...

Yes she gave me a date a the end of the phone call, after the text test.

flying_dan
17th May 2017, 09:16
Don't panic, I had a phone call for the test then another call the day after to give me my assessment date.

FoxtrotCharlie7
17th May 2017, 16:25
Hey guys. How can you apply to APC programme?
I thought you could only apply through some schools and having done with them your ATPL...

Maybe someone can help.
Cheers

padrobo
17th May 2017, 16:30
FC7

that's true. I don't know other means for going to the APC.
Actually for me also, I have applied as I said...but through my school which is participating in the APC

FoxtrotCharlie7
18th May 2017, 00:00
Thanks @padrobo @Citationcj2

Good luck!

JM1899
22nd May 2017, 10:33
How much time do i have from the call to the assessment? is it possible to change the date of the assessment?

Le Bigleux
22nd May 2017, 11:40
Hello guys, I was unsuccessful at the assessment (I received the email almost one week after) That's disappointing as I try my best to be prepared.
I had a very useful sim training session the day before, at uPilot (very nice guy, btw they just moved from the Airport terminal to Swords Enterprise Park).

I have nothing to add about the assessment, it was exactly as described many times here. Actually it went well so I have no idea why I failed. Or rather, I guess they didn't see me as a future captain. Well, that's life.

bcnpilot
22nd May 2017, 16:11
Hey Guys, some questions,

I'd like to apply in the next weeks, but I have some issues.

I have a criminal record for shoplifting until feb of next year, nothing serious, and no police record. I'm working at Barcelona airport so I have a Spanish air pass

Does Ryanair require a criminal record certificate from Spanish authority?

I understand if U.K. Does a basic disclosure i will pass it if I have passed a Spanish one. Will I have any problem? If u were me, will u apply or better to wait until my record is cancelled?

Many thanks

Airborne2fly
22nd May 2017, 16:35
Hello There :) , sorry to ask and seem stuoid, but what did you answer to "What pressure has the hydraulic fluid?"

Piloto Maluco
22nd May 2017, 18:55
Hello guys, I was unsuccessful at the assessment (I received the email almost one week after) That's disappointing as I try my best to be prepared.
I had a very useful sim training session the day before, at uPilot (very nice guy, btw they just moved from the Airport terminal to Swords Enterprise Park).

I have nothing to add about the assessment, it was exactly as described many times here. Actually it went well so I have no idea why I failed. Or rather, I guess they didn't see me as a future captain. Well, that's life.

Do not give up!!

JM1899
23rd May 2017, 12:32
Any recommendations where you can do a good sim preparation?

Grasstripflyer
23rd May 2017, 15:36
I had a call that went over my licence/MEIR validity dates and then asked to memorise the text. Got a call later that week with the date for the assessment so it was two different phone calls

Sethorion
23rd May 2017, 20:10
How complex is the text they ask you to memorise? I've got this idea that it's incredibly complex.

Rosenking
24th May 2017, 13:37
It was really easy so You will make it. Also They want your Money for the interview and they are in need of pilots.

Best of luck!

Guillesct
25th May 2017, 22:27
Hello, I assisted interview this week, someone who has also gone for assesment could tell me if you fail to answer some theoretical questions means you are already out?

Thank you.

Atomo
27th May 2017, 11:55
Fo < 500h 737 = 50,5€ per schedule block hour
Sfo < 500 to 1500h 737 = 65,5€ ""
>= 1500h 737 = 70,5€

During the line training it's 30,5€ per hour

And for the net pay we receive 85% from the gross pay ( In spain ).
So as much as you fly as much you earn.

Hope i help some guys

Cheers and good luck all for the interview

AlphaEcho86
28th May 2017, 00:03
Has anyone tried again applying to RYR should the assessment became unsuccessful?

If yes, how long should I wait before sending the documents through CAE?

767neos
29th May 2017, 13:28
Hi everyone,

I want to share my experience about my assessment. Maybe could help someone with this problem.

As I wrote few months ago in this forum, I applied in September 2016 and I got a phone call from CAE just 3 weeks later. I was asked if I passed everything at the first attempt (yes) and then I was read a text and to answer few questions. At the end of the phone call she told me that she had to send to Ryanair this interview and I should have received an email with a feedback the week later. I waited more than 5 months and I didn't receive anything. So, I thought that my english wasn't so good and this was the reason I didn't get the assessment. I went 5 weeks to the UK at an english intensive course to improve it. When I came back I replied to the email Cae sent me about the incoming phone call of last October, telling them what I did during the last months and about my english course. After few days I got a new phone call and this time I was successful (the lady told me my english was improved a lot).
I went to Dublin and we were paired for the sim (one with 737 mcc and one with normal fnpt).

Airport was Birmingham rwy33. I was first pilot flying. Normal handling, turns with constant rod, track qdm, check position on charts etc.
We got an emergency before holding, so I said standby to the flight attendant, finished the turn, gave control and comm to pm. I called back the cc, she explained me the problem. I told her to apply procedures and that I'd have called her back after our decision. We discussed the problem and after had received last weather info at Birmingham we decided to divert. I got controls back and I start normal procedure for ils rwy 33 (someone of other guys got the alternative procedure).
On the first ils I was one dot right and I decided to go around. The second approach was better and I landed.
After I was pm. We got non standard departure: climb straight ahead till 2 dme ils then turn and climb 5000. After some handling we got an emergency. I suggested my partner to finish his turn to the holding and to give me controls to discuss the problem. He started talking in the turn fogetting the power in idle. I called 2 times "check speed". After the speed was below 190kt (we should maintain 220kt) I said "check power". He didn't nothing, so I push the trust levers to 60% n1 (maybe it wasn't the best option but it saved from a stall). We were brought on the ils and we landed.

For the interview I was asked:

Last mep anti ice and de ice systems (pa34 seneca)
Seats on 737 RYR
Power of 737 engines
Bypass ratio of 737 engines
Talk me about turbofan, why we use it
Turderstorms, why is dangerous flying into them
Tropopause height

HR questions:

Talk me about yourself
Hobbies
About my flying school, if it was good and also if my instructors were good
Why Ryanair
How you'll pay the type rating
When can you start the trining with us.

After few days I got the email and I was successful.

My advise is to work hard and try to improve where you have problems. They really need pilots, so if you had the same problem with the phone call, improve your english and then send an email.

Good luck to everyone ;-)

AlphaFloor45
29th May 2017, 14:36
Has anyone tried again applying to RYR should the assessment became unsuccessful?

If yes, how long should I wait before sending the documents through CAE?

Good question ! Anybody tried ?

Sethorion
29th May 2017, 17:29
*Edited out so I don't have a huge quote* - Sethorion

After few days I got the email and I was successful.

My advise is to work hard and try to improve where you have problems. They really need pilots, so if you had the same problem with the phone call, improve your english and then send an email.

Good luck to everyone ;-)

That's really good advice and congratulations! You've run the gauntlet and succeeded, I can't wait to join you in having the best job in the world :)!

PilotFikfik
30th May 2017, 11:03
Hey guys! Does anyone start the TR 4th of Septembre ?

FlyingAzorean22
31st May 2017, 10:05

Hi Spooks!! Did you had any call from them yet?

AlphaFloor45
31st May 2017, 11:11
Assessment is like application, a lotery ...

pilotflyingrocks
31st May 2017, 13:24
I don't agree. I'm fairly certain that they know what they're looking for. The problem is going into it as a candidate it is difficult to know exactly what that is, and whether you are displaying it.

Certainly on their part though they are not just picking random names out of a hat.

AlphaFloor45
31st May 2017, 14:17
So explain why some candidates have emergency situation or technical questions and some have nothing...
A french with me didn't have any technical question, I had 15 technical questions ... IT IS a lottery.
An equitable assessment is a same assessment for all candidates.

planenut
31st May 2017, 14:53
If they ask the same questions to everyone, then in time (once everyone has learned the same answers) any muppet would get through. Surely, different candidates have differing experiences and backgrounds, that is what they are interested in, and why they ask different types of questions depending upon who's sitting in front of them.

AlphaFloor45
31st May 2017, 15:01
Ok, so they adapt to the candidate, that is equitable.
A young CPL IR ME they ask how work a jet engine, what is a yaw dumper, and how works hydraulics system on a boeing. And for a military with many hours on turboprop ... nothing ... it's equitable ^^

If they ask questions (not the same) for everybody, it's equitable !

If a candidate has hard sim with emergencies, no radar vector because radar is dead and an other has just turns, climbs and radar vector ILS full stop, do you really think it's equitable ?

planenut
31st May 2017, 15:29
I don't want to keep repeating myself here - it will NEVER be the same for everyone, regardless of whether you think it equitable or not, there are too many variables involved. The examiners will be bored out of their minds doing the same thing every time as well. It's what you do is important, not the next person.

foxtrot sierra
1st Jun 2017, 13:07
To the cadets who recently finished their line training. What bases did you choose and which one did you get as your permanent base?

left_base
6th Jun 2017, 19:38
Fo < 500h 737 = 50,5€ per schedule block hour
Sfo < 500 to 1500h 737 = 65,5€ ""
>= 1500h 737 = 70,5€

During the line training it's 30,5€ per hour

And for the net pay we receive 85% from the gross pay ( In spain ).
So as much as you fly as much you earn.

Hope i help some guys

Cheers and good luck all for the interview

Hi Atomo - may I ask when you joined Ryanair please?

alex10
7th Jun 2017, 08:09
Hi everybody! First of all thank you people for sharing different experiences and backgrounds, it's really supporting and helpful. I just want to share my experience as well. Failed my first interview with Ryr 5 years ago. I spent the last years sending out CVs and applications all over the globe but nobody gave me an other chance. I didn't want and couldn't afford the risk to go for P2F. I kept everything current, studying, worked as airport ground staff, done some little unpaid aerial work.
This year Ryr called me for a second assessment and it went well, and I've already done with my line training!
I wanted to share my experience because I know it's hard when things get complicated but never give up! Good luck to all of you!

Flaps30c
7th Jun 2017, 19:00
Passed and I have my TR at EMA. FR1717, anyone else?

Tomtomsky
7th Jun 2017, 23:35
And how much you have to pay for TR?

Sethorion
8th Jun 2017, 07:18
Hi everybody! First of all thank you people for sharing different experiences and backgrounds, it's really supporting and helpful. I just want to share my experience as well. Failed my first interview with Ryr 5 years ago. I spent the last years sending out CVs and applications all over the globe but nobody gave me an other chance. I didn't want and couldn't afford the risk to go for P2F. I kept everything current, studying, worked as airport ground staff, done some little unpaid aerial work.
This year Ryr called me for a second assessment and it went well, and I've already done with my line training!
I wanted to share my experience because I know it's hard when things get complicated but never give up! Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations Alex!

Berni
10th Jun 2017, 10:10
Hey i was successful in march 2017 me and my collegs doing the TR right now and got the feedback from the interview.
The most people fail in CRM teamwork communication leadingship so work on that guys. You have now more info than me months ago.
FR hires now 100 cadets a month! since april 2017

Sethorion
11th Jun 2017, 14:10
Thank you very much kind stranger. Good luck with your new career, I hope to join the ranks someday soon :).

Coug777
11th Jun 2017, 17:54
I'm little confused with your post. You said you couldn't afford p2f scheme but you were OK with Ryanair system :). Good job on passing anyway!

Berni
11th Jun 2017, 18:42
By the way TR cost 29500€ uniform 550€ ID about 200€ Apartment 400£ a month ( 2 months) Irish license conversation 400€ and you pay no tax for the next 3 years until typerating is paid off from tax.
Good luck guys

Berni
12th Jun 2017, 07:34
In the TR you will jump into a pool for training

jaadiaz
13th Jun 2017, 07:11
Hi, anyone has been called the last week? I think they stop it for summer

Batmancpl
13th Jun 2017, 15:29
Hi, anyone has been called the last week? I think they stop it for summer

Hi! I was called last week, the lady told me I passed the test but have not received the assessment date (she told me so).
I guess I won't have the chance for the assessment,

Estartap
14th Jun 2017, 11:17
Could you share any new information from the call? or they're maintaining the usual questions?

Thanks

Griffon_PMI
14th Jun 2017, 12:56
I was called yesterday for exam next Tuesday... and if I had said I couldn't make it... they don't guarantee I'll be given another opportunity.

Not very fair.... but here we go....

Microburst85
15th Jun 2017, 13:04
Hi there,

I received the email the 6th, still waiting for the call. Hopefully it will be tmrw or next Mon/Tue. Anyone in the same situation? Do not panic, they will call us soon!

kieran_s
19th Jun 2017, 21:44
Hi guys, just thought i'd shed some light on my experience with CASE and upcoming FR assessment.

Originally applied via the CAE website on the 27th July 2016.

Finally got an email back from them on the 13th June 2017. (Almost a whole year, yeah I know)

The email said my application had been sent to ryanair and they have asked CAE to contact me reagarding my application. The lady from CAE AMS called me on the same day of the email but I missed the call due to work. Emailed them back to call me back the following day, which she kindly did. We discussed my application, things like IR expiry date, Class 1, ATPL scores and any resits, flying tests and any resits. She mentioned I had not uploaded a copy of my ATO school report, she said get a copy and upload it and I would get a call back. I contacted my old ATO (FTE Jerez) and copy the same day that Friday and uploaded it to the portal. By this time it was evening so i sent them a short explaining that the upload was done and i'll be looking forward to a call back from them.

Now today, after work another lady from CAE AMS called me. saying she had read my school report, a few of the same expiry date question, and told me that FR were happy with my application and have been invited for assessment next week monday in Dublin. I did asked for other dates but she sounded hesitant in her reply so I didn't push any further. She said I need to get 2 character references from work or people who know me, pay the assessment fee and fill out the form in the confirmation email and send it back. I was not asked any technical questions on the phone, I just assume they'll go through all that in Dublin.

Anyways so spoken to friends who for FR, who have advised me to use the info pack on lastestpilotjobs.com which I have bought. I've also booked in a sim refresher at Virtual aviation for that extra confidence.

I've been waiting for this for a very long time now so fingers crossed it goes well. Fly out to Dublin on Sunday, hotels are generally quite expensive around 180euros for 2 nights (staying until tuesday so theres no rushing to leave on the day).

Will post up how it goes and questions from HR and Tech interview. If anyone has any cheeky tips i'll be keeping eyes on the thread.

ILSapproach
20th Jun 2017, 15:42
Hi everyone, I'm going to give my honest feedback about my assessment recently, I'm still waiting whether I've been successful or not.

But those who are going soon for an assessment, firstly they say at the start of the day that the process is fair, it's far from that. I arrived at 7:45 for a 8am start and I didn't get interviewed until 2pm, I was sitting waiting for an interview and Simulator for 6 HOURS! which is ridiculous, 4 people get seen in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, why make people turn up so early, they should split the day so 4 start at 8am and 4 start at 12pm. Don't get me wrong that staff were amazing and friendly but to make someone sit and wait 6 hours when your going to nervous and fretting about various things is not helpful! So all I'm saying is you've got to hope you get seen first or within the first few hours or otherwise top up your blood sugar levels because it's going to be a LONG day!

Microburst85
21st Jun 2017, 13:19
Hi guys,

Did you get the call from an unknown phone number? I do have a miss call but no voicemail msg at all. Just to double check. Thanks.

Stick_pusher
22nd Jun 2017, 09:29
We discussed my application, things like IR expiry date, Class 1, ATPL scores and any resits, flying tests and any resits.

Hi, to your opinion, the questions about resits of ATPL exams and flying tests were crucial? If you had any resits under your belt, would it change anything in their decision to invite you to the assessment?

Thanks

kieran_s
22nd Jun 2017, 15:15
Hi,

In regards to your question about resits with ATPL theory and the flying exams. Although the best scenario is to be able to answer that question with 'no I passed all first time'. I have read and have first hand accounts that people who have resit exams have still been called up for interview and assessment.

ZorroFrench
23rd Jun 2017, 15:59
Hello guys,

I applied in 24 of April and got the email this Monday 19 June !
However still no calls ! Should I be woried or keep waiting ?

Thanks by advance !

Microburst85
24th Jun 2017, 11:09
No worries mate, I received the email 2 weeks ago. No call at all. Sent em n email ystdy, let's see if they call this week. Best of luck mate.

sosu89
24th Jun 2017, 19:18
I would like to share my experience with you all as this forum really helped me a lot.

I applied after a week I finished my MCC at Simtech and received the call the week after. I did my assessment last week and this week I received the positive news. I am 28 years old with an engineering degree - all exams with first time passes.

The day was basically all the same as described here. Started with a briefing on the pack which they sent us and we were the first who did our sim session. What they really want to see is the CRM and management skills of the aircraft. Use the time wisely during the briefing with your sim partner before entering the sim. I did a sim prep the day before at Upilot and I really felt prepared on the day - highly recommended.

Interview started with technical questions based on any aircraft which I prefer; I spoke about B737 and I just studied very basic staff such as engine model, rotation, swept angle, Mach No, Hydraulic etc. HR questions - the normal ones.

Be yourself, express all your feelings and we were told that they are choosing candidates who believe they are good to be captains in 3 to 4 years time.

Anyone who is on CAE1714 private msg me ;) wish you all the best of luck

highsierra
25th Jun 2017, 06:33
Hello all,

Little feedback on the assessment I had.

Sent application beginning of May,
Phone interview around May 15,
Interview about a week after.

Technical questions : lenticulari clouds, why do jets fly at high altitudes, Clmax, some very basic questions about the 737 max.

HR very straightforward, same questions you can find on all this thread and some CV related questions.

We were 4 in the morning and 2 of us had a positive answer a week later.

Good luck to you all, and if anyone is booked in East Midlands 1719 feel free to message me.

Stick_pusher
25th Jun 2017, 13:30
Anyone here got an assessment lately with more than one attempt in his ATPLS exams?

highsierra
26th Jun 2017, 06:42
Hello, I had 3 resits

FlyingInverted
27th Jun 2017, 08:55
Good morning mates,

Has anyone been called from last week?

I received the phone call now 2 weeks ago, apparently everything wents well and the text an questions were easy. But they didn't give me an assessment date, they told me that they need to discuss my application with CAE AMS.

I'm still waiting for the answer.
Has anyone knows if they stop calling these days?

Best luck for everybody!

mike1989
27th Jun 2017, 11:41
Hi guys,

Got the email a few weeks ago and was called by a very nice man a few days later. Asked me for an ATPL exam report and a couple of recommendation letters. At the time, I was told to send these documents back to the e-mail address I had first been contacted by. The problem is, every time you try to reply your email comes back stating:

"Your message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.
A custom mail flow rule created by an admin at caeportal.onmicrosoft.com has blocked your message."

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know the correct e-mail address to use?

ZorroFrench
28th Jun 2017, 08:33
for me , I received the email on the Monday 19 th which said that I 'll have a call on the next 14 days however still nothing today ....

I starting to desperate :(

Airborne2fly
28th Jun 2017, 10:03
Hi there, is anyone going for an interview this next Wednesday, 5th July?

ghentpilot
28th Jun 2017, 10:50
Hi,

I believe you try to send the documents in an attachment?
Try to reduce the size of the documents in total to maximum 1MB.
I believe they filter e-mails containing more than 1MB.
Good luck!

ZorroFrench
29th Jun 2017, 11:09
Hey guys, I got the email on the Monday 19 but still no calls!

Someone is the same situation who knows what happening ?

Thanks !

Microburst85
29th Jun 2017, 12:21
for me , I received the email on the Monday 19 th which said that I 'll have a call on the next 14 days however still nothing today ....

I starting to desperate :(

Hi there,

I am in the same situation mate, don't panic. They will call you at some point.
I received yesterday an email regarding "July courses only". Kinda speed up way if you are able to travel to Dublin immediately and you have the cash ready to go (in case of a successful assessment). Not my case tho.
Stay sharp.
All the best.

taxi light on
29th Jun 2017, 21:43
Hi there, is anyone going for an interview this next Wednesday, 5th July?
Yes, Me, I got the phone call yesterday and asked to pay right away, everything happened so fast!

Airborne2fly
29th Jun 2017, 22:09
They did the same to me! I paid as well and now I'm trying to figure out who's going to be there with us :) just in case you want to meet the previous day

Spooks591
30th Jun 2017, 17:33
First of all guys try not to panic. I know it's difficult and believe me I panicked ALOT! But it's really not the case. If you're prepared it will be a very easy assesment. The assessors are VERY kind and make you feel at home from the very first moment!

The interview is very relax and it didn't even feel like an interview, more like a chat.

My suggestions are to go and do some 2 to 4 hours of sim practice before the assesment (depending on how long ago you did your MCC and on which type) I would peronally suggest uPilot. It's the cheapest I found and it's worth the money. His sim is nearly exectly like Ryanair's and the Instructor is very up to date with Ryanair's procedures.

Best of luck guys.

p.s I got a positive feedback the day following my interview

p.s2 prepare yourself for ALOT of paperwork if you are selected lol, it will be a very busy week.

FightFireWithFire
1st Jul 2017, 14:45
Anyone from the 22th June selection? I've lost the contacts with everyone and I wanted to know how it went for the other guys. I've been told that only 2 out of 12 got the job.

Anyway, very easy sim session, very easy and straightforward interview , but I recived the email saying I was unsuccesful anyway, can't figure out why.

It's a shame that after paying 250 euros they don't even tell you which section you failed.No feedback,zero.

skyboy83
2nd Jul 2017, 12:26
Only 250? I paid 350 for my assessment

dan1165
2nd Jul 2017, 13:51
Paying for an assessment :ugh:...

PA28161
2nd Jul 2017, 15:04
That's why they are very aptly called Ruinair.

taxi light on
3rd Jul 2017, 10:09
They did the same to me! I paid as well and now I'm trying to figure out who's going to be there with us :) just in case you want to meet the previous day
Im arriving on the same day in the morning.
See you there!

ZorroFrench
3rd Jul 2017, 14:28
Hey guys!

I Had the call on the latest Friday.

Nothing particularly, he asked for ATPL resits, CPL IR MCC & MCC.
Didn't have a text to understand however .. Why ? I don't know...
He said that RYR has to double check now and he will revert to me ..

Anyone one the same situation ? I though that I gonna have a date assessment on the first call..

Thanks !

Airborne2fly
4th Jul 2017, 16:56
Hi guys, the day of he assessment, they told us on the email that we should be there at 0800am, but do we need to get there earlier in order to leave the documents they asked us to bring ?

AlphaFloor45
5th Jul 2017, 07:01
Hello everybody

Did someone try to apply again after a failed ?
How much time between 2 applications ?
Did you create a new CAE account ?

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Airone2977
5th Jul 2017, 10:01
Applied over a week ago, received the mail yesterday and another one today asking me if I'm available to start TR course (if successful) by the end of July !
What the :mad: is going on ??
I won't respond to this,less than 3 weeks for assessments, paperwork and quit my job : This is insane !!
Am I the only one who got these informations ??

V0LC0M
5th Jul 2017, 10:01
Hello everybody

Did someone try to apply again after a failed ?
How much time between 2 applications ?
Did you create a new CAE account ?

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Its not possible to create a new profile since August 2015. The system recognizes your old application through your passport number, therefore you just may update your old one and honestly i am not sure if they will take into account these profiles anymore.. Even so, I always try to keep updated mine

Some curious cases people are not capable to update it, just see it...

I saw just one person to get a second chance after first attemp with the new application system (August 2015 onwards)

ZorroFrench
5th Jul 2017, 10:18
Hey there,

I had the first call on Friday for simple questions like ATPL resists , CPL IR and MCC, everyting went fine , I just said that I had 3 resists for my ATPL.

And today I got an email saying that my application is unable to proceed ?!

I even didn't have an assesment ?

I don't know why and feel completely lost ...

Anyone could help me ?

Thank

Mr TRC
5th Jul 2017, 11:49
You got one step ahead of me, I had an email saying "we will call in the next 2 weeks" then another asking if I want to start in July.

Didn't get a call, just the same rejection email this morning "your application is unable to proceed".

I suspect they have had a huge influx of applications and they have filled all the assessment slots already, shame they don't offer any actual information but then that seems to be a theme with all flying job applications.

Aivivi4ka
5th Jul 2017, 13:03
Hi :) I applied 1 month ago, last week got an email for an assessment on 7th July and a phone call on Thursday....
They said if successful could I start TR on 31.07.2017....
Mc Ginley offer is to pay for MCC, they would cover the TR..

FoxtrotCharlie7
6th Jul 2017, 10:15
They told you that McGinley offers to pay for the MCC + TR?

If this is the case, how did you apply? Through school or through CAE website?

Best of luck on assessment

paci8
6th Jul 2017, 13:53
Hello guys,
I had the call yesterday, anybody going for an interview on Wednesday 12?

Delta Golf Mike
6th Jul 2017, 14:01
Mc Ginley offer is to pay for MCC, they would cover the TR..

You got my attention here. Can you clarify this point?

FoxtrotCharlie7
6th Jul 2017, 15:34
I'm waiting for a reply too!

ZorroFrench
6th Jul 2017, 15:42
if anybody get an " unable to proceed " recently despite having just a friendly call with basing questions let me know....

How can I be ejected without passing the assesment ?

As they never answer should I do another account ?

Avio77
6th Jul 2017, 19:27
Hey guys!
Any informations if they are calling low hours with old age 35+ too??

Swedishguy
6th Jul 2017, 20:55
Got the famous call today, and at the end she told me I passed the phone interview

Airone2977
7th Jul 2017, 07:39
Got the famous call today, and at the end she told me I passed the phone interview

Me too, asked if I'm available to start TR at the end of July, had to say no.:=
Application probably on hold for the moment until further notice.

WestonFlyer
11th Jul 2017, 12:48
Hi guys, the day of he assessment, they told us on the email that we should be there at 0800am, but do we need to get there earlier in order to leave the documents they asked us to bring ?

Be there 10 mins early. They'll go through everything after 8AM when they come down to get you.

Ispahan
12th Jul 2017, 07:02
Hey guys!

Yes they are!

Podcast
12th Jul 2017, 08:31
Hi there,

I received a phone call one month ago about. It was positive. They told me I should contact them by email after the phone call. What I did. The woman on phone told me, that she will send a positive email to HR. On my side, i just have to explain my situation by email to HR.
Indeed, my IR ME is expired....I sent email to explain situation, I am ready to revalid it but not for nothing as well. No answer :/
I hear here and there they are short of pilots but some pilots may not have a current IR, and it's not problem actually. It is quite fast to revalid it.
any pilots in this situation?

greg_magnum
13th Jul 2017, 10:27
Applied over a week ago, received the mail yesterday and another one today asking me if I'm available to start TR course (if successful) by the end of July !
What the :mad: is going on ??
I won't respond to this,less than 3 weeks for assessments, paperwork and quit my job : This is insane !!
Am I the only one who got these informations ??

Agreed! If you have a job or something close to a life.. its literally impossible.
I got both emails on the same day (5th of july) a few minutes apart. I didnt answer to the "immediate" one. No call so far.

greg_magnum
13th Jul 2017, 10:38
Hey!
got the email on the 5th of july at 09:50 and then at 10:30 another one asking if id be immediately available to attend a telephone interview, assessment day and type rating. A bit too short notice for me.. The first email said they would contact me within the following 14 days. Anybody in the same situation as me and not had the call yet? Anyone had it?
It´s been a LOOOOOONG time since I finished my training and Rusty is an understatement. Any advice on what to focus on when it comes to technical questions? (Ive read through the forum and have an idea but anything additional? Do people still use that ACE the technical pilot interview book?)
Also my MCC was on the A320. Should I expect A320 related questions?
Any help is useful.
Thanks!

PA28161
13th Jul 2017, 11:20
I just don't get it with some of you guys. Why did you even bother applying online and then start kicking off because they call you for assessment at short notice.

If you really want that FO job it shouldn't matter should it?

Airone2977
13th Jul 2017, 12:35
Simply because we aren't cadet fresh from FTO and we kept our job while waiting for an airline position.

The problem is not the assessment, it is easy to get a leave for one day, but less than 2 weeks to quit a job, especially in France, is very unlikely. FYI : It is by law 3 months notice if you're an engineer.
CAE just want to fill up their sims, what the point of rushing into this, if you have to wait 2 months afterwards to start the LT :ugh:

Canetas
15th Jul 2017, 12:27
Hey guys!

Got the mail on the 5th of june, phone call on the 6st, interview at 14. Confirmation mail at the 19.
At that time I was 33, right now I'm 34, did my birthday in July.
280h and two licenses - FAA and EASA

Don't loose your faith

Marchisio
17th Jul 2017, 18:33
Most flight schools are happy to make a flight school report even though it is years ago you finished. It is not a description of you as a person/pilot during training. Ryanair will accept a document that confirms your ATPL exams passes/attempts and confirm your CPL/MEIR checks. Most school should be able to provide one. Good luck

CL215
17th Jul 2017, 19:11
Good evening all.

I am completing RYR CAE training request, and I MUST fill in a TypeRating... I HAVE NOT GOT one... Just have a Class rating from the Flight School PA34...

What should I answer?

I decided to answer NONE, and it works! I could continue!

Thank you in advance!

EGNT25
18th Jul 2017, 07:24
Was anyone at the assessment on 11th July?

Anyone starting the TR on 6th November at East Midlands?

My questions:
HR
Why Ryanair
Where will you be in 5 years
Talk about your CV
Time you’ve dealt with a difficult captain
Give an example of when you’ve been flexible and adaptable
What are your strengths
What are you weaknesses, and how do you over come it
How will you pay for the TR

Technical
How many seats on the 737-800
How many hydraulics systems
What is the hydraulic system pressurised to
What pressurises the hydraulics system
Decent question regarding a 3 degree glide
Todays wind is 360/10, on runway 33 at BHX, what is the cross wind limit

Captaintakke
18th Jul 2017, 12:06
Probaly because you had 3 resit on your ATPL, I know someone else from my class who had 3 resits, he didn't pass the telephone interview. Although he was still current with his licences.

ZorroFrench
18th Jul 2017, 18:27
Hey there,

Seriously it's not possible to have an assesment when having 3 resists ?

Anyone who had 3 resists or more and even have an assesment can argue on that ?

Podcast
19th Jul 2017, 05:57
What the **** is going on, is that Ryanair is currently expending and they need pilots.

Why are you complaining??? You dont want the job?

If it was the other way around and they didnt hire but you got the offer, you'd run and climb mount Everest half naked to get that one and only job...

Some attitude here is really appalling :rolleyes:

Many of us, including me, have to notice the employer 2 months before resigning.... and impossible to negociate, law is law. Unless you're friend with the boss and has someone to replace you right away :)
if you have a solution, I hear it.

eimin
19th Jul 2017, 10:31
Hey there,

Seriously it's not possible to have an assesment when having 3 resists ?

Anyone who had 3 resists or more and even have an assesment can argue on that ?

me. 3 resists, just did the assessment couple days ago.

Whiskey Hotel
19th Jul 2017, 12:41
Was anyone at the assessment on 11th July?

Anyone starting the TR on 6th November at East Midlands?

My questions:
HR
Why Ryanair
Where will you be in 5 years
Talk about your CV
Time you’ve dealt with a difficult captain
Give an example of when you’ve been flexible and adaptable
What are your strengths
What are you weaknesses, and how do you over come it
How will you pay for the TR

Technical
How many seats on the 737-800
How many hydraulics systems
What is the hydraulic system pressurised to
What pressurises the hydraulics system
Decent question regarding a 3 degree glide
Todays wind is 360/10, on runway 33 at BHX, what is the cross wind limit

So if you are successful at assessment is it four months to beginning of type rating?

EGNT25
19th Jul 2017, 19:15
Nope there was spaces from 31st July, I'm currently in a bond with my current type rating which finishes in October.

Whiskey Hotel
20th Jul 2017, 08:00
Can anyone answer how to do a hold during a ryanair assessment? Do they expect you to use the RMI, or the hold function in the FMS, or something else?

EGNT25
20th Jul 2017, 17:22
RMI, you're not expected to know how to use a FMC. I didn't do a hold in my assessment but the assessor did freeze the sim, ask me where I was, and said if you were to hold, which entry would you do.

Gialluccio
25th Jul 2017, 14:38
And anyone can say how long does it take the technical interview l, how many questions and the "grade" of accuracy they desire?

PA28161
26th Jul 2017, 11:40
What the **** is going on, is that Ryanair is currently expending and they need pilots.

Why are you complaining??? You dont want the job?

If it was the other way around and they didnt hire but you got the offer, you'd run and climb mount Everest half naked to get that one and only job...

Some attitude here is really appalling :rolleyes:

Very well said.!

Contacttower
26th Jul 2017, 17:13
While there is little point in complaining about it, I do sympathise with those who have been doing a full time job, sometimes for several years, and are then given less than a week's notice to get to the assessment and get on a course very soon after if successful.

I accidentally told them an untruth in the interview because I said I had to give one month's notice. I genuinely believed that was the case, but then checked my contract again and realised that it was three. :ugh:

Thankfully I was given a course almost three months after the assessment, so with a bit of remaining leave etc I managed to make it work. It's a pain, but it can be done. Whether the question in the interview about notice has any bearing on the outcome I have no idea, but when the good news came through (late March) we were told six months was the period within which you had to start a course. Not sure if that is still the case.

Gerrit1972
28th Jul 2017, 08:56
Hi guys and girls,

Someone also received this email ? :

Dear applicant,

We are cleaning our database. This E-mail is to enquire if you are still interested in the Ryanair Type-rating program via CAE.

If you are still interested, simply REPLY to this email before 02-AUGUST-2017, no added text is needed.

IF WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY FROM YOU BY THE 3RD of AUGUST 2017 YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS.

Based on our cleansed database we will contact all suitable applicants who are selected by the airline to proceed in the selection process in due course.

Maragfer
28th Jul 2017, 16:20
Hi! I received the same email this morning!
I applied on the 4th, received the "14days" email on Wednesday and today this last one.
I just replied with a blank email and no news from CAE.

Gerrit1972
30th Jul 2017, 09:43
Ok, thanks Maragfer, so it seems that every candidate received the mail ...
Good luck with your assessment !

Podcast
31st Jul 2017, 16:58
Hello guys,
quick question, to confirm...

is it true, that at Ryanair, we do not get paid the first 6 months after the TR ?
what is the reason ? Line training period ?

I wonder what these 6 months are referring to.

Thank you

Whiskey Hotel
31st Jul 2017, 22:42
During the assessment when you are PF, are you sitting in the left or right seat? And are flight directors used just for the initial departure?
How long is the sim assessment in total?
Thanks

JohanP
1st Aug 2017, 09:23
Hello guys,
quick question, to confirm...

is it true, that at Ryanair, we do not get paid the first 6 months after the TR ?
what is the reason ? Line training period ?

I wonder what these 6 months are referring to.

Thank you

Hi. This is partially true. I would say you don't get paid the next 5/6 months from the date you get a positive answer. Why? Because you have some waiting periods, then you go to EMA for intro week, then EMA or AMS for TR, then Base Training, then wing ceremony and a lot of waiting periods in between. Everything added up, you're easily 5/6 months, knowing you have to pay for food/accommodation to cover the whole period, pay for type rating, uniform, ID... many others things. When you finally start Line Training, you don't get paid until you're safety pilot released which is between 12 to 30 sectors (20 is the average). After that, you get 30.5€/hour which is not a lot. You start getting a decent salary after Line Training, increasing after 500 hours...

Skipname
1st Aug 2017, 18:48
Hi guys and girls,

Someone also received this email ? :

Dear applicant,

We are cleaning our database. This E-mail is to enquire if you are still interested in the Ryanair Type-rating program via CAE.

If you are still interested, simply REPLY to this email before 02-AUGUST-2017, no added text is needed.

IF WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY FROM YOU BY THE 3RD of AUGUST 2017 YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE SELECTION PROCESS.

Based on our cleansed database we will contact all suitable applicants who are selected by the airline to proceed in the selection process in due course.

After 4 and a half years since I sent my application and didn't hear anything back from them, I got that email too. I thought they were taking a shot at me since I didn't update my application in a while :rolleyes:

Podcast
2nd Aug 2017, 09:01
Thank you JohanP! I see...indeed quite a long period.

Skipname, received the same email lol
though I sent email explaining about my IR expired, (requested by the woman I got on phone), never heard anything from them then. What they want ? no idea.
So I replied "yes" to this email just to drag the things out and see later.

Whiskey Hotel
2nd Aug 2017, 09:32
If you get the call from ryanair that you are invited for interview, how long after the phonecall is your interview date?

Airone2977
2nd Aug 2017, 11:45
Applied mid July, got the phone call a week after, had to send additional document and had the assessment yesterday.
First on the sim, simple departure from EMA, couples of manoeuvrers, emergency and back to ILS raw data landing. Very simple.
Classic HR questions
Technical :
Forces on an airplane
Questions about drag
Wing tips, winglets
why sweep angles wings
questions about Mcrit
Bypass engine

Got the good email this morning, starting TR in november.
Best of luck
Cheers !

ZorroFrench
2nd Aug 2017, 14:36
Hello Airone i was on the assesment on the 1st as well but still no email for me , do you know for anyone for have already a failed email ?