PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Airone2977
2nd Aug 2017, 15:49
As a matter of fact no, keep your fingers cross !

CL215
2nd Aug 2017, 21:47
I upload my documents on 19th, 21st got the call, and 31st the interview. on August 01st got the positive email!!

SIMULATOR:
EMA SID WAL TNT, where are you? heart attack, alternate procedure RWY 27.

THEORICAL INT:
V2, xwind calculations, pax B737-800, kind of engines.

HR INT:
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, tell me about yourself, do you have any problematic/Bad student, and what have you done with him/her (I am a FI).

Next day (01st August), got a positive email. Starting TR on September.

Whiskey Hotel
3rd Aug 2017, 09:24
Do CAE email you to tell you they will call within x amount of days, or do they just phone you out of the blue for the telephone interview?

Ars123
3rd Aug 2017, 18:06
Applied mid July, got the phone call a week after, had to send additional document and had the assessment yesterday.
First on the sim, simple departure from EMA, couples of manoeuvrers, emergency and back to ILS raw data landing. Very simple.
Classic HR questions
Technical :
Forces on an airplane
Questions about drag
Wing tips, winglets
why sweep angles wings
questions about Mcrit
Bypass engine

Got the good email this morning, starting TR in november.
Best of luck
Cheers !
How did you prepare for the technical int.?

Arena_33
4th Aug 2017, 06:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdY0CMVfMxs

Ryanair bonding scheme

Airone2977
4th Aug 2017, 08:41
I used this thread, lastestpilotJob, wikipedia for the RYR figures
also this one : The Boeing 737 Technical Site (http://www.b737.org.uk/index.htm)
And I reoppen my ATPL books.
Don't need to overstress, don't screw up your sim session, show good CRM and you'll be fine
Best of luck !!

Elena Ioana
4th Aug 2017, 09:08
Can anyone explain what documents do I have to upload for a type rating for RYR at CAE? ATPL results is a document from the flight Academy or from the CAA? What is MEIR result and CPL result? Do I have to scan the skill test record completed after I passed? Why isn't the license enough?

Elena Ioana
4th Aug 2017, 09:25
I received the same email on Friday, the 28th and another email from CAE saying that my application is not complete. Can anybody explain if i have to send ATPL results from the academy or from the CAA? What kind of document is CPL result and MEIR result? Is it a scan of the skill test record? Why isn't the license enough?

ego180
4th Aug 2017, 11:21
It seems that Ryanair is opening APC program to all the people with a frozen ATPL...https://youtu.be/xdY0CMVfMxs

MetalGear
4th Aug 2017, 18:47
I received the same email on Friday, the 28th and another email from CAE saying that my application is not complete. Can anybody explain if i have to send ATPL results from the academy or from the CAA? What kind of document is CPL result and MEIR result? Is it a scan of the skill test record? Why isn't the license enough?

I requested copies of my MEIR and CPL skill test result from my CAA and this was their reply. Seems fair to me.

"The Authority does not release such information for use in the manner requested. A Recruitment agency has no need to have sight as to how you obtained your qualification, only that you have attained same.

The process to attain a licence is prescribed by regulation and is designed to achieve a safe progression to a level of competency suitable for licence issue. Requesting sight of elements of the progression to licence issue is not appropriate and may put future trainees under undue and dangerous pressure if this becomes common practice.

The licence should be taken at face value as an indication that the holder has achieved the required standard for licence issue."

B737C525
4th Aug 2017, 21:21
I disagree with MetalGear: it doesn't seem fair to me...

Elena:

First, as a general principle, it's personal information about you, that the authority holds; you should be able to access it. What you do with it once it's in your hands is another matter.

Second, the recruitment agency, not the authority, has been engaged to do the recruitment, and they will be the judge of the metrics they (and their client, the airline) wish to apply; whilst it may have developed a corporate opinion, the authority is not 'competent' in that regard.

Third, it's already common practice, so unless the authority stops doing anything other than issuing or refusing to issue a licence at the very final stage (i.e., as long as it creates and maintains detailed paperwork about passes and failures, and grades etc) that element of the argument holds no water.

Finally, there are those who ace the exams and tests and those who struggle to get through them. Often, those who struggle at that stage, will also struggle or fail at others. They present a poor risk to the recruiter and employer. Sorry to those who feel this fits them, but it's true.

I'd go back to the authority and ask who wrote that reply and what the justification for it is. It just doesn't hold water.

Was it the UK CAA? PM me if you prefer...

(I should add, as fair disclosure, that I do some recruiting work, though not for the airline under discussion here).

JBGTS
8th Aug 2017, 07:05
hello all! I am new to the forum as a poster but have been reading along for a while now. I have heard from a study mate who was already 737 rated but after succesful interview with ryanair they asked to do the rating again, is this true?

Airone2977
8th Aug 2017, 14:02
Yes indeed !
Dry TR and no experience on type is a complete nonsense !:ugh:

NicolasB24
10th Aug 2017, 12:30
Hi!

I got a confirmation e-mail about a briefing week in EMA starting 11/09 but still waiting for more news.

The TR in AMS would start around the beginning of October so who knows, we'll see each other there! ;-)

Kind regs & congrats!

FelixFL390
10th Aug 2017, 14:21
hello all! I am new to the forum as a poster but have been reading along for a while now. I have heard from a study mate who was already 737 rated but after succesful interview with ryanair they asked to do the rating again, is this true?
Yes, one of my old flightschool class mates who did a 737 TR after flightschool was also offered a job at Ryanair, but had to start all over again...

FelixFL390
10th Aug 2017, 14:25
Yes, you need to upload a copy of the official CPL and ME-IR results (as filled in by the examinator who toke your exam/skill test). For ATPL results you need to upload a copy of your official results, your school and you must have received this from the official theory exam authority back in the day. Good luck!

FelixFL390
10th Aug 2017, 14:31
How did you prepare for the technical int.?
Nice, congratz Airone2977!
@Ars123, I passed my assessment a couple months ago and prepared the technical interview with the following sources:

- Pprune
- latestpilotinterviews.com

Good luck!

Ars123
13th Aug 2017, 11:48
Thanks for the info man. I got latestpilotinterviews questions, but there are many questions, about General Navgation chapters, do they really ask about that in the asssessment? I find it silly!
Regards.

PAG
15th Aug 2017, 12:47
Don't worry, when I did my assessment, my only question about G Nav was: Is it faster to fly from JFK to CDG or from CDG to JFK...?

they are not looking for details

ILSapproach
15th Aug 2017, 13:11
Hi all,

I've looked through the last 100 pages and can't find the answer, apologies if this has been answered before. Does anyone know whether you can re-apply if you fail the assessment? If so do you have to wait for example 6 months?

skyboy83
20th Aug 2017, 10:29
You can re-apply after 12 months

RadioStar737
20th Aug 2017, 20:27
Does anybody know why I can't update my total flying hours on the CAE application portal? :ugh:

Azor351
21st Aug 2017, 08:51
Radio Star. I have done it recently and is pretty easy, in my case I entered as always and then chose the RYA course. After that at the end of the page appeared the situation of your application and the word edit in blue, selected that and changed what I needed (including flight hours)

Jet01
24th Aug 2017, 08:21
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how many attempts is ok for Ryanair to accept you for the assesment? I mean with the skill test CPL/ME/IR.

Thank you!

Elena Ioana
24th Aug 2017, 12:59
Yes, you need to upload a copy of the official CPL and ME-IR results (as filled in by the examinator who toke your exam/skill test). For ATPL results you need to upload a copy of your official results, your school and you must have received this from the official theory exam authority back in the day. Good luck!

Thank you, this answers my questions. I asked for an examination report at the Authority because the Flight School Report wasn't complete and they advised me to do so.
However in Romania the examiner completes a skill test form, I should ask also a copy at the Authority.
RYR asked me for the results I had immediately after finishing the ATPL Frozen integrated programme. They are not interested in revalidation results.

MetalGear and B737C525, I wasn't asking about fairness. It's not fair to wait for papers for a month:ouch:. My opinion is that every pilot should send real information in order to be safe for the entire community. However it is good that everybody knows what kind of papers they should send when they don't know. When I don't understand or I don't know something I ask...

ristunas
27th Aug 2017, 11:51
Hello,
I wanted to ask if anybody tried any interview database?
For example:

Latest pilot jobs
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Ryanair%20Pilot%20Interview%20and%20Assessment

or

Flight deck friend
https://www.flightdeckfriend.com/airline-pilot-selection-preparation/%EF%BB%BF%E2%80%8Bairline-briefing-packages/ryanair-pilot-interview-guide/

Has anybody tried them and could say whether they is useful or not?

XanderFly
27th Aug 2017, 20:23
https://youtu.be/xdY0CMVfMxs (info about bonding)

It appears that the bonding is only applicable to those who do the APC MCC+JOC via Ryanair. Not for those who did a MCC(+JOC) elsewhere and apply for the 'normal' route. Am I correct?

Elena Ioana
30th Aug 2017, 07:40
XanderFLy, you are correct, these are different programs.

Regarding the tech interview, I like I know if one can write or make a diagram for himself to explain an answer.

skyboy83
30th Aug 2017, 09:18
A good advice when you go to an airline assessment is always to have a pen and notepad with you ;)

Rookie4711
30th Aug 2017, 22:32
https://youtu.be/xdY0CMVfMxs (info about bonding)

It appears that the bonding is only applicable to those who do the APC MCC+JOC via Ryanair. Not for those who did a MCC(+JOC) elsewhere and apply for the 'normal' route. Am I correct?

No, thats not correct.
I am in an APC course and ~ 70% of the people in my course already had an MCC before.

Elena Ioana
1st Sep 2017, 11:36
That is great news, thanks.

I managed to read 50 pages of this thread, I like I add two things:
1) For study I use FSX and installed Ariane B737 add on and it works just fine
2) I downloaded "Ace the technical pilot" (2009 ed) for free and send it if anyone needs it

Thx for info and good luck to everybody!

solomanflyer
3rd Sep 2017, 07:46
Now there are opening for A320/A321 First Officers, but required hours,,

choko849
4th Sep 2017, 14:40
Hi everyone, I was on the assesment last December, 2016, would like to know how to aply again to take part on a new assesment to try a second opprotunity. Thanks for your replies

ZorroFrench
4th Sep 2017, 19:38
Hey mate,

all I know is that you have to wait one year...

rasenjie
6th Sep 2017, 17:10
Hi guys,

I want to tell you that I was in the assessment one year ago, and they called me again eventhough I haven´t renew my details in the CAE website. So, for the people who failed, be pacient because they will probably contact you again.

I pass the interview a month ago and I will start in the CAE1717 in Amsterdam in November.

Does anyone knows a good place to stay during 2 months for the TR in Amsterdam?

PM for any doubt or recommendation.

patrykbll
6th Sep 2017, 20:00
Hey everyone!

Anybody getting this kind of emails lately?

Dear Patryk,

Thank you for applying for the Ryanair type-rating program.

Ryanair is currently interested in your application. However, your online application is not yet complete.

The following documents are missing or do not comply with the requirements set by Ryanair:
A flight school report in English signed by the school’s Head of Training (which confirms ATPL, CPL and MEIR passes and the number of attempts made for each section)
** if not able to obtain a Flight school report, please upload any document explaining the reasons why this report cannot be obtained!

The number of attempts on the ATPL theory exams are unclear. Would you be able to provide us with a FSR that contains the number of attempts of the ATPL?

Once you have completed your online application (as per the above instructions) we would appreciate it if you would notify us by replying to this email.
Please note, that for operational reasons, we will only be able to reply to suitable applicants who are selected by the airline to proceed in the selection process.

Please complete your ONE existing online application so your application can be reviewed.

Kind regards,

Seems to me like it is not an "auto-reply" type email, one of my friends got the same one yesterday and the text itself was a little different, concerning the same thing, so I figure, a human being had actually gone through my application and I guess they wouldn't waste time if they didn't want to call..
OFC sent them the document they wanted the same day (Last Friday), no feedback except the email saying "Thank you for completing your application"...

Anybody anything?
Thanks! :)

EIPCW
7th Sep 2017, 09:29
Dammit! I thought this was unique to me :) I updated as they requested and was hoping for a call. I guess this was sent to many others so might not be as lucky as I thought

rasenjie
7th Sep 2017, 09:57
This message is sent automatically to you for update all your documents. That means that they will call you in the next days/weeks. So guys, start studying because you will be in the assessment soon!

Good luck

jmvdb22
7th Sep 2017, 14:24
I got that message a few weeks ago and the call yesterday, so be prepared ;)

TPdriver
7th Sep 2017, 19:03
Hi

Does anyone have the latest briefing pack?

i have the one from 2009 but guess there must me a newer one

just so i can get a head start on procedures

thanks alot!

Jet01
8th Sep 2017, 13:28
Hi jmvdb22
How many days took from mail to call?

Thanks

Airone2977
8th Sep 2017, 14:26
They will send you the latest briefing pack couple of days before the assessment with a link to a fency video.
Charts are given on the selection day.

jmvdb22
8th Sep 2017, 14:32
I got the email about the flight school report the 11th of august and uploaded it the 15th of august. the email about the call was on the 4th of september and the call itself 7th of september. I have the assessment on the 19th.

Jet01
8th Sep 2017, 15:54
Ok, thank you for your reply and good luck with your assessment.

manolotelo
9th Sep 2017, 08:16
Hey, I have my ryanair interview now on the 19th sep, want to ask you if you had any emergeny proc in SIM or anyone you know might had?! been talking with some people and most of theme didnt have !

saschakoek
11th Sep 2017, 11:09
Hi guys,

I got the email about the call 24/08. After 2 weeks still no call. Anyone got something why they didn't call in these 2 weeks?

Thanks!

manolotelo
12th Sep 2017, 13:08
Applied mid July, got the phone call a week after, had to send additional document and had the assessment yesterday.
First on the sim, simple departure from EMA, couples of manoeuvrers, emergency and back to ILS raw data landing. Very simple.
Classic HR questions
Technical :
Forces on an airplane
Questions about drag
Wing tips, winglets
why sweep angles wings
questions about Mcrit
Bypass engine

Got the good email this morning, starting TR in november.
Best of luck
Cheers !

Hi, what was your emergency ! :)

Jet01
13th Sep 2017, 06:07
Hi guys,

I got the email about the call 24/08. After 2 weeks still no call. Anyone got something why they didn't call in these 2 weeks?

Thanks!

They will call you try to mail them, good luck.

Airone2977
14th Sep 2017, 13:17
Starting TR in december in AMS, facebook page already in.
If anyone has tips for accommodation please PM me.
Thanks and best of luck everyone !

XanderFly
15th Sep 2017, 21:30
The sim briefing pack mention that you need to bring your logbook. Electronic logbooks are not accepted. Anyone knows if a signed PRINT of your electronic logbook is accepted? And what kind of emergency to expect?

Danskora
18th Sep 2017, 09:28
Hi all

Congratulations to those starting the type rating in the next few months. Did they mention any starting at EMA or were they all in AMS?

eitiz2
18th Sep 2017, 11:09
I got the same email and still waiting....

Captain-Random
18th Sep 2017, 23:17
To anyone inside the company...

I applied a year and two months ago.Got the call and after a month delay said no probably due to my 3 atpl subject fails ( 2xPOF + FP )
After this:
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/599355-ryanair-cancelling-flights.HTML

What is the chance of calling us again due to their apparent pilot shortage?
In CAEs website i cant request another chance per se so i dont know how to regain their attention.

I'm in the same situation, I was actually assessed several years back after telling porkys over the phone about my exam results in the hope of winning them over at the interview and no im not sorry I did it!

Anyway at the interview when the truth came out the wrinkly captain seemed to admire my courage but obviously the HR guy didn't; either that or my sim assessment wasn't up to scratch.

I might apply again for kicks

ZuluZuluAlpha
19th Sep 2017, 06:17
I was in the exact position but the HR just wasn't having it. I personally think the sim went ok, if anything its the exam results that got me but i have since reapplied after being encouraged to do so by current employees. I keep updating my CV etc (for kicks) but I've heard nothing from them for over 2 years. If anyone remembers they sent an email out saying to re register and that they do occasionally consider reapplicants but in not sure how true that is.

Stormdodger
19th Sep 2017, 10:13
I read this thread for research very good for my ryanair interview so I would like now to update with my experiences

Applied Start August, email on start of September saying phonecall coming soon, phonecall three days later, licence expiry dates asked and medical, ATPL's, and could I come for interview in 10 days from phonecall.

Sim was really good, TNT2N from EMA, sid cancelled when first radial captured, climb and descend from 5000 to 3000, slow to 170kts and don't forget flaps! , accelerate to 220kts, 25 degree angle of bank turns, sim freeze then asked to show on approach chart where we were, vectors for ils rwy27 EMA to land, we got no emergency when I was PF. Then other guy got same, but we had passenger with heart attack, dodar and nits brief, then do alternative procedure for ndb/ils to land.

Interview was good, asked mcrit, Mach tuck, how many exits on 737, type of engines, what are things on end of wings, (winglets), then asked me lots questions about my type for MEIR, DA42, asked about electrical system, landing gear, turbocharger, cruise speed,

HR interview, asked why ryanair, what values can I bring to ryanair, why did I choose my college degree, where will I see myself in the 5 years.

Positive answer three days later, starting in December.

Best of luck everyone!

dimk
20th Sep 2017, 08:40
Anybody heard if there is any chance to get hired without EU citizenship but having a permanent EU residence?
Looks like they are hiring a lot and maybe things have changed?

rubynho
20th Sep 2017, 11:18
Hello guys,

what do you think is better for preparing the Ryanair Assessment?

Latest Pilot Jobs is cheaper than Latest Pilot Interviews. Which one has the more updated & recent information?

I would appreciate much who passed the Ryanair assessment recently and wanna share his/her opinion here.

Hope to hearing from you soon

heckyps
20th Sep 2017, 22:21
Hello guys! I want to share my experience with you...

I applied in mid-August, email a week later and the call after 4 days; it went ok so I did the assessment in early September.

We started with a briefing about the day, the personal questions were: Tell us about yourself, why pilot, why Ryanair, tell us about your flight school, what was the most difficult moment of your training, why did it take so long to finish and in case of a positive answer when can you start. For the technical: about the last aircraft that I flew (engines, safety systems,...), critical engines (in my ME and the 737) and extinguishers.

The sim:
Departure TNT2N from EMA until 5000', then he gave us a vector, asked us where we were and then follow a QDM, alternative procedure for the ILS and normal landing without emergencies. The same for my mate.
My recommendation: don't worry if you're not able to trim the aircraft... they just want to check your recent knowledge (CRM from the MCC and your IR skills)

After a week I received a positive e-mail, starting in December.

Good luck!

The Foss
24th Sep 2017, 23:14
Direct entry FO / Cpt get bases of choice, cadets completely at random. You can specify a preference for type rating location but again they'll make the decision.

JackTorrance
25th Sep 2017, 12:34
Hi, I would like to start my ATPL course... I'm 42 and I'm IT Engineer... any chance to be called by RYR at 44 with low hours (only the 200h from the atpl course) ?
Thanks

XanderFly
25th Sep 2017, 14:25
Within the current circumstances; yes. In two years? Nobody is able to predict...

JackTorrance
25th Sep 2017, 14:46
Thanks a lot XanderFly

hostelgado3
25th Sep 2017, 19:53
Hey guys, how is everyone who gets selected after their interviews paying for the course?
Also, once they select you, do you get a contract straight away? Is that what can be used to apply for a loan? I don't imagine every single person doing the course has the money just lying around. If someone could tell me a little bit more about the process after interview selection, I would be grateful.

jmvdb22
26th Sep 2017, 07:34
I got the positive email yesterday, I'll give a short summary of what happened.

I applied June 2016 (graduated from (integrated) flight school late May). Never heard a thing until last 28th of July. Was a standard mailing if I was still interested. Then the 11th of August I got an email saying my application was not complete and I needed to upload an additional document (flight school report). I uploaded it the 15th of August. Then the 4th of September I got the email saying I would be called within 2 weeks, this happened 2 days later. I got invited to the assessment day on the 19th of september.

I have an (f)ATPL with just over 250 TT and everything just revalidated.

For the day itself:

We had to be there at 8am(local time). There were 8 people invited, one called in sick so we were with 7. All were from different countries. They paired us up and 3 of us got put together for the sim. During the sim of the first two everyone but 1 went outside to get some air, which :mad: up the schedule, so I was put in the group of 3 in stead of him. This also made me go as last in the afternoon(about 3pm) in stead of around 10 am.

I first went for the interview. They first went through my documents a bit and the captain that did part of the interview asked a bit about my hours and what I filled in on the application form. Then I got some tech questions like:

MEP from training:
xwind limit
type of engines(I said what I knew and explained that it was too long ago to go in full detail)
MCC-aircraft:
T/O speeds used

There were some more ofcourse, but I don't remember them.

Some of the HR questions were:
What flight school/why?
How did the training go/why I took over 2 years(bankrupt flight school etc.)
Why Ryanair?
Hardest part of training
My strenghts
How will i pay for the tr

Then I went for the sim. One of the guys that did the sim earlier went in with me, he wasn't being assessed on that(or so they said haha)

I believe as I was the last the captain that was with me in the sim was fed up with being there and rushed things a bit.

We did the TNT 2N departure, but after the initial turn we were told to maintain our heading. Then we did some climbing, descending and decelerating. He asked us were we thought we were and then we went for the ILS approach. This is where I think he was rushed a bit, as I didn't get any kind of emergency or whatever.

Then the other guy was PF and I had to do my PM part. The flight was basically the same, just some small differences and the captain was even more rushed. In the beginning of that flight he was basically in between me and the PF which made me being PM impossible, luckily he eased off a bit which made me able to do my part haha.

After that we all went back to our hotel and some already left to the airport to catch there flights that afternoon.

I know one guy got the rejection email in the morning, the acceptance emails were send halfway in the afternoon, but I think they forgot about it, as it started with good morning haha. The options they gave us were 27th of November in AMS and 1st of January in EMA, I hope to get the first haha.

For my preparation I used this forum (thanks all for that), information I got from people I knew that recently got hired and I did a simulator session based on that in a FTD the weekend before.

I hope this helps a bit!

JackTorrance
26th Sep 2017, 08:47
@jmvdb22 Thanks, how old are you? Did you pass all the ATPL exams on first attemp ? How many fails ?

jmvdb22
26th Sep 2017, 09:20
I'm 22, failed GNAV once and all the other stuff on the first try

FelixFL390
26th Sep 2017, 11:41
Hi rubynho,

Pprune is full of information about recent assessments which was really helpful for me.
I used it in combination with latestpilotinterviews.com and passed the assessment a couple months ago.

Good luck!

Scuderia46
27th Sep 2017, 08:57
Why Ryanair?

What did you answer to that? Like to work for the devil?

jmvdb22
27th Sep 2017, 10:49
Do you expect a normal answer to this or are you just here for trolling?

Skipname
27th Sep 2017, 18:08
I would like to hear a "normal answer" :E

FZNA
27th Sep 2017, 20:33
Me too. Just curious about what they would like to hear.

jmvdb22
28th Sep 2017, 08:11
I said something like: flying a lot, new aircraft etc. etc.
I don't think it would be hard for you to think of your own answer that would be satisfactory to someone at HR.

Jet01
28th Sep 2017, 15:12
Congratulations when was your assessment?

Cazalet33
28th Sep 2017, 15:14
How many sim sessions has RYR cancelled for Oct-Dec?

jmvdb22
28th Sep 2017, 15:23
I got a positive email from Ryanair and offered training in Amsterdam 27 nov or 1 January in East Midlands. I'm hoping for Amsterdam. Can you guys tell me next steps, how it's gonna everything look and how long it's gonna everything take? I saw on CAE website the structure however would like to know more how it work in real life.

Hope to see you on the 27th!

From what I have heard there is a lot of paperwork coming now haha.
But I'd like to have the details as well!

Tomasz
29th Sep 2017, 06:51
I was wondering, with the situation that's happening in Ryanair right know with lots for experienced pilots leaving how long does a new cadet or FO have to wait for line training after the sim? I have couple of friends that went to Ryanair as direct entry captains none type rated did the sim in April and are still waiting for line training

patrykbll
1st Oct 2017, 23:39
Hey everyone!

Anybody getting this kind of emails lately?

Seems to me like it is not an "auto-reply" type email, one of my friends got the same one yesterday and the text itself was a little different, concerning the same thing, so I figure, a human being had actually gone through my application and I guess they wouldn't waste time if they didn't want to call..
OFC sent them the document they wanted the same day (Last Friday), no feedback except the email saying "Thank you for completing your application"...

Anybody anything?

So a little update - it has been over a month now and still no email, no call...
I'm 29, All ATPL subjects passed at first attempt, average 92%, all skill tests also at first, icao english 6, CPL ME IR , MCC JOC (in simtech with a very good feedback from the instructors- simtech gives you a copy of your progress book which I have also sent to RYR), 230 hours TT, 106 PIC, ongoing FI, I work as an ATPL instructor and speak fluently 5 different languages.. don't know what else (except hours) could they be asking for....

So from what I see it MAY actually be true that they don't like to hire ex-employees (I was a cabin crew between 2011 and 2013)

Slowly getting depressed and thinking of some pay-to-fly line training program..

Skipname
2nd Oct 2017, 11:07
So a little update - it has been over a month now and still no email, no call...
I'm 29, All ATPL subjects passed at first attempt, average 92%, all skill tests also at first, icao english 6, CPL ME IR , MCC JOC (in simtech with a very good feedback from the instructors- simtech gives you a copy of your progress book which I have also sent to RYR), 230 hours TT, 106 PIC, ongoing FI, I work as an ATPL instructor and speak fluently 5 different languages.. don't know what else (except hours) could they be asking for....

So from what I see it MAY actually be true that they don't like to hire ex-employees (I was a cabin crew between 2011 and 2013)

Slowly getting depressed and thinking of some pay-to-fly line training program..

If you already worked for them as a cabin crew and know what it is like to work there, why do you want to go back there?

Also why is it so important to get a job on a shiny jet straight away? Why can't you fly general aviation for a while, until something better comes along?

As for the pay to fly thing you mentioned, it would be a very :mad: move if you pursue it.

jolulato
3rd Oct 2017, 07:46
I' ve read a lot about atpl exams attempts and it looks like there's no clear crtieria regarding it. I have three fails, but I've read there are pilots with also 3 fails and got the phone interview and finally made a positive assesment. On the other hand, I can read that you can have at least 1 fail and a minimum average score of 89%, otherwise they will be rejecting your application... So I'm really confused about what they're looking for.

jolulato
3rd Oct 2017, 15:36
me. 3 resists, just did the assessment couple days ago.

And how did it go? Did you have a positive answer?

Airone2977
4th Oct 2017, 08:17
It is unfortunately not the real cost of the course, you have to pay for everything, eg company ID, uniform, licence transfer, accommodation during and of course you won't get paid. So you have to count 50k instead.
The delay is up to 5 month now between sim and line training, no salary during that time, you're on your own. :ugh:
Think twice before joining, it is P2F basically, I couldn't afford it, they kicked me out without further notice.

flybabyfly1985
4th Oct 2017, 12:18
I applied for Ryanair 3 weeks ago. How long does it usually take to get an answer? Any ideas?

lfoh
8th Oct 2017, 11:44
I applied for Ryanair 3 weeks ago. How long does it usually take to get an answer? Any ideas?

Same thing for me, no news at the moment, I have been told that it usually takes between 2 and 4 weeks to get the call...

jmvdb22
9th Oct 2017, 06:58
For me it took 1 year and 2 months, but someone I did flight training with was called after a few months. So there is no 'usually' for this haha

XanderFly
10th Oct 2017, 19:44
Anyone invited by CAE lately for an interview by phone? I have received the confirmation that my application was complete at the 28st of August, after the e-mail with the request to upload a flight school report. Nothing heard since then...

martinmp
11th Oct 2017, 06:24
Same thing happened to me.
I took the chance and wrote them an email asking them to confirm if my uploads were now as they wanted.
The next day I got an email saying "Thank you for completing your application"
1˝ hour later I got the email from CAE about the phone call.

XanderFly
11th Oct 2017, 17:43
When have you received the e-mail with the confirmation of completion of your application?

martinmp
11th Oct 2017, 18:27
I wrote to them on the 14/9 and they replied on the 15/9, had the phone interview on the 22/9 and went to the assesment yesterday.

XanderFly
11th Oct 2017, 19:42
Thank you Martin. Hope your assessment was succesful. One final question; when have you first uploaded any documents? In other words, what was the date of your initial application?

flybabyfly1985
12th Oct 2017, 05:45
It´s crazy to see how some guys gets the call so quickly.....Applied on the 8th of Sept. and nothing; even being a cadet from CTC with first time passes in everything and ATPL average of 92% seems to be not crucial

martinmp
12th Oct 2017, 09:17
Thank you Martin. Hope your assessment was succesful. One final question; when have you first uploaded any documents? In other words, what was the date of your initial application?

I sent my initial application in the beginning of July.

lfoh
12th Oct 2017, 11:49
I've uploaded all the required documents, but there is still the following message when I connect to MyCAE training portal :

"to complete your Training Request, you are now required to upload the documents listed below. Failure to upload these documents will prevent your request from being processed.

•CV (English version)
•Copy of ATPL written exam results (original)
•Copy of CPL result (1st series; partial; 2nd series; etc)
•Flight school report (English version) **
•Copy of MCC Certificate (Original)
•Copy of Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR) result
•License
•Medical Class 1
•Passport"

Wich I did 4 weeks ago and checked but the message is still there when I login.
Has anyone the same problem?

joe27
12th Oct 2017, 18:11
This message also appears on mine whenever I log in, it is just information. If you already have all the docs uploaded don't worry

femfly
12th Oct 2017, 20:22
Me: British 23yo cadet graduated from CTC integrated in February 2017.

Correspondence

* 02 May 2017 - application submitted
* 17 Jul 2017 - email "your online application is not complete" (i emailed tech support asking what this meant as all my documents were uploaded. No reply)
* 28 Jul 2017 - email - "still interested?"
* 04 Aug 2017 - email - "thanks for telling us you're still interested. Your profile is still not complete"
* 24 Aug 2017 - email - "expect a call in the next 14 days" (I hadn't done anything to my profile)
* 31 Aug 2017 - phone call
* 04 Oct 2017 - assessment

I had no interview questions on the phone, it was all admin. He told me my flight report had to be signed, and to email him a signed copy. Once I did he called back and offered me a date. If you need to change the date, you'll have to wait a week or two for another call.

Simulator Assessment

As PM:
LPL Wallasey 2T rw 27
T/O: auto thrust, disconnect at 1500'
General handling
Show position on the chart
LPL RV ILS rw 27

As PF:
LPL Wallasey 2T
General handling
Freeze sim
Passenger heart attack. We were able to DODAR, NITS, set up for the approach
Unfreeze sim
LPL Procedural ILS rw 27

Charts used are Navtech. Our assessor was friendly and helpful, reminded us of pitch/power datums, and fine tuned the thrust throughout (it was the same for everyone who had him).

Interview

What model number are our 737s
How many seats
What protection does it have against ice
What was the DA42 Crosswind limit
How do you calculate crosswind in your head
What was the cruise speed
How long would it take you to travel 40 miles
What is V2
Where is the screenheight

What's your background?
Why did you choose your school?
Why did you want to become a pilot?
What are you doing at the moment?
What was the hardest part in your training?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Why didn't you join easyJet?
Where else have you applied?
What are your weaknesses?

Do you have any questions?

I asked "what is the selection process, and why are there such random wait times?
They said "no idea... there is no process. It's terrible. Everyone is processed within two weeks but after that, no idea. Everyone will eventually be contacted"

The interview began with admin, a series on disjointed tech questions, then the HR questions. The atmosphere went from pop quiz, to interview, to conversation. They don't require very in depth answers for the tech questions. I had answers for all questions asked of me, and my study was from boards like this and other interviewees.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful.

Good Luck :)

flybabyfly1985
13th Oct 2017, 08:03
femfly, couldn´t you apply for easyJet?:hmm:

Samjones123
13th Oct 2017, 10:38
Do you mind me asking what the situation was with EasyJet, were you sponsored by them, and what was your reply when they asked 'why not EasyJet?'

asal0032
17th Oct 2017, 10:23
Hello Guys and Girls,

Do you have any updates on the Ryanair CAE TR programme? I applied first week of August (a week or two before Ryanair starting cancelling the flights). Their low-hour intake seems to have stalled..

teobull
18th Oct 2017, 09:28
Good morning,
Here is my situation:
I applied on CAE website on the 13th of August;
On the 17th of August I received an email from Pilot Provisioning stating that Ryanair was interested in my application, but the application was still incomplete and I needed to upload some missing documents;
Finally, after receiving the last document from CAA, on the 15th of September I completed the application and notified CAE.
CAE answered: “Thank you for completing your application. Please note we will contact candidates who are selected and found suitable by the airline in due course”.

It is been more than a month so far......
What should I expect......... PFO?

Thanks

jmvdb22
18th Oct 2017, 09:36
Doesn't anyone read this thread? Some get called in a few weeks, some (just like myself) take over a year to get called. Just have some patience and hope you get an invitation somewhere else as well haha

teobull
18th Oct 2017, 10:12
I was not wondering about the time it takes to be called for assessment, but about their centence “Ryanair is currently interested in your application”........Do they aswer everybody the same when applying?

Thanks

jmvdb22
18th Oct 2017, 10:23
Yeah it's just standardised all the way, if you get the mail about the incomplete application you can expect the email about the call soon, but even that can take a few months.

flyer65
18th Oct 2017, 17:54
Hi people,

I am going to apply shortly with Ryan Air. Does somebody knows something about the telefon questions of the first interview?

XanderFly
18th Oct 2017, 18:41
Please read the thread and you’ll find the answers.

OSCARSANGO
20th Oct 2017, 09:06
Good morning guys!

Yesterday, i received an email from CAE and they will call me within the next 14 days. Are they asking if you failed any atpl exam? I failed 3 subjects in the first sitting but i passed this 3 subjects in the second sitting. Is it a problem for them?

flybabyfly1985
20th Oct 2017, 09:47
I got an email from them as well, yesterday....finally after 6 weeks (Initial application).
I don´t think so. I heard from guys who also failed 3 subjects and were invited for an assessment. So, don´t worry.

spaflyer
20th Oct 2017, 14:09
I've tried to modify and old request and I was getting an error, also tried to create a new account and same thing..

Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a10a0000009Ymp6AAC; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, TrainingRequestTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Class.TriggerFactory.CreateHandler: line 289, column 1 Trigger.TrainingRequestTrigger: line 3, column 1: [

I've reported this to their support email, so not sure if there any issues on their side.

Jaimeag210
20th Oct 2017, 19:13
Hi guys!

Just finished my ATPL integrated course and I'm wondering if there're real possibilities of being called for the assessment with just 170 hours TT :rolleyes:

Thanks!

flybabyfly1985
21st Oct 2017, 21:23
Hi people,

I am going to apply shortly with Ryan Air. Does somebody knows something about the telefon questions of the first interview?

I applied 8th of September. Email about getting a call at the 18th Oct. Call was the next day.
They didn't really ask me anything I just confirmed his answers like “you passed CPL and IR at first attempt? Me: Yes“ You have a valid ME/IR? Me: Yes“
It was a 5 minute call. After that he emailed me with the assessment date and details....so very easy going!

Kampasco
23rd Oct 2017, 09:48
Good luck flybabyfly! When is your assessment day and how much time they allow you to prepare before the assessment day?
I applied on the 5th of September, to date no answer yet.

fedefederer88
23rd Oct 2017, 14:31
I applied 20th of September . Still waiting for the mail from CAE .
I think that CAE works like a lottery . Some people are more lucky than other receiving the mail after few days . We need to remain positive , study hard and be prepared for the assessment ; also if sometimes is not easy to concentrate without a certainty for the date of the assessment .

Hope to receive the mail as soon as possible .

TheAirlane113
25th Oct 2017, 16:56
Hi to everyone!

I've been here reading all your posts and looking for information..
i'm trying to collect all the technical question that they have asked you..
Does anyone have a doc. whith some of them? it would be interesting to start sharing this type of things and try to create a good base of questions.

Thank you! :ok:

FelixFL390
25th Oct 2017, 19:37
Hi people,

My telephone interview was months ago and was about pressure in the ear.
You're receiving a lot of information in a short period of time, which made it hard, but since they're mostly testing your English language don't worry too much :)

jmvdb22
26th Oct 2017, 08:03
For me the call was just to collect some information and to invite me to the assessment. As I'm Dutch the call was fully in Dutch, so they couldn't have assessed my English skill haha.

For me it was just a friendly call where I was asked a bit about myself, but before they asked me any information that could have been a criteria I was already invited to the assessment.

burgosdacosta
26th Oct 2017, 13:39
Everybody has been having the assessment with navtech charts or with jepp also?

A340300IBE
26th Oct 2017, 15:14
Hi guys!

Just finished my ATPL integrated course and I'm wondering if there're real possibilities of being called for the assessment with just 170 hours TT :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Finished iATPL with 150hrs. Good assessment got the job. Apply

FelixFL390
27th Oct 2017, 08:53
My assessment was a couple months ago and was with Jeppesen, not sure if they recently changed...

jmvdb22
27th Oct 2017, 09:01
In September we used Navtech, so I guess they've changed it then

Skipname
27th Oct 2017, 15:51
Everyday I see you all people eager to join Ryanair and accept the crappy T&C they are giving you, with the hope that in a couple of years you can move on to a better airline.

Do you really not realise that by accepting this T&C from Ryanair you basically allow them to dictate the T&C across the industry?

Also I am sure that you are all aware that at the moment Ryanair has a crew problem and a golden opportunity has presented itself where the crew are trying to improve the terms and conditions in Ryanair.

Since you are now also part of this industry you should do your part and help the people trying to improve the T&C. You can help by not joining Ryanair right now, wait few months until the issue is solved and then if you are happy with the T&C go ahead and apply. By joining now you are basically saying to the people working to improve the T&C to :mad: off.

acc3p7
27th Oct 2017, 16:12
As soon as you start to pay our loans or offer us any other place to work with just 200 hours we sign.

Skipname
27th Oct 2017, 20:52
If you have 40k+ to pay Ryanair for the job, you can afford to wait for few months and give the Ryanair crew a stronger hand in demanding better T&C.

There are literally lots of jobs out there for experienced and inexperienced pilots. I heard that a few months ago a school in Canary Islands had to stop operations because they had no instructors. Also my former school are desperate for instructors. Look for a general aviation or instructor job and if you have a clue of what you are doing you'll find a job.

Or those jobs are beneath you? You only fly Boeing or Airbus.

spO_Oky
27th Oct 2017, 22:53
@skipname: true and strong words but as long mum and dad pays for everything nothing's gonna change...really sad in comparison to the actuel situation :(

acc3p7
27th Oct 2017, 23:55
If you have 40k+ to pay Ryanair for the job, you can afford to wait for few months and give the Ryanair crew a stronger hand in demanding better T&C.

For what? For having to pay 20k or 30k for another, not granted position, worst paid, worst formation and worst planes, company?

There are literally lots of jobs out there for experienced and inexperienced pilots. I heard that a few months ago a school in Canary Islands had to stop operations because they had no instructors. Also my former school are desperate for instructors. Look for a general aviation or instructor job and if you have a clue of what you are doing you'll find a job.

So now I have to fulfill your expectations? I have to say no to a job were they offer me around 3.5k a month with a state of the art aircraft, where i'll learn a lot, new aspects of aviation and everything with what I had dreamed for a crappy salary teaching because RYR "devaluates the T&C"?

Do you even know what are Vueling, Swiftair, Air Europa Express, Volotea paying to few hours pilots? Instead of saying :mad: about RYR you should look what are the real options new pilots have. (I'm speaking of the Spanish because is the one I know)

Or those jobs are beneath you? You only fly Boeing or Airbus.

Is it bad just wanting to fly those? Says who? I'm going to become a grown up man carrying a single engine plane build 40 years ago?

I do not understand this moral superiority that some of you have when you already have the work and your life done and come here to criticize people who just want to be able to live.

On top of them, you are blaming us for something that those who are currently flying have allowed and permit, we just met this :mad:, we have not been given any choice but to adapt to what there is.

Haha.. don't be delusional.. RYR wont be paying your loans, your debt will only get bigger... And you will come back here soon and vent your anger.. But hey, it's living the dream:=

Of course every RYR pilot after doing their 4 daily sectors they run to find the best spots to beg on the stairs of the churches so they can eat something hot...

Skipname
28th Oct 2017, 07:14
Didn't Titan Airways and Thomas Cook hire low hours pilots this summer and they funded the type rating?

I also saw other airlines hiring this year and although I don't know the exact conditions, they were not asking to pay for the type rating. If people continue to decline the current hiring practices by the airlines, more of those schemes will be available. Luckily for us, at the moment there can't be an airline without pilots.

Why do you think those airlines you mentioned manage to get away with those T&C? It's because of people like you, accepting those T&C so they won't be a "grown up man carrying a single engine plane build 40 years ago".

I am not here to argue with you acc3p7 or anyone else, I just want to say my piece.

If you want to join Ryanair now go ahead and do it, nobody can force you not to. But when you start complaining about the T&C look in the mirror and know that you allowed this to happen.

sunji
29th Oct 2017, 23:51
Direct entry FO / Cpt get bases of choice, cadets completely at random. You can specify a preference for type rating location but again they'll make the decision.

whats the diffrence between Direct entry FO and cadets?

tmracing
31st Oct 2017, 15:50
Is there someone had the third chance?

Imifly
1st Nov 2017, 14:51
Hi everyone!
I've applied on 23 of this month, still waiting for the called mail. Have anybody aplplied the same day or similar and have received news??:rolleyes:

Thanks.

gugagarcia
5th Nov 2017, 11:24
They are now calling people who has apllied 1 month month ago so i guess you'll have to wait until end of november or something like that.

Good luck!

alb92
6th Nov 2017, 15:53
I applied on the 28th of August, but uploaded my last document (FSR) on the 10th of October. Got the email today about the call.

sunji
7th Nov 2017, 14:32
applied last week and got the mail today :)

Martein
7th Nov 2017, 18:02
When did you precisely apply for Ryanair?

I have also sent my application last week, but I don’t have any response right now

Frabus
10th Nov 2017, 11:34
Hello friends!

I've applied in September 2016.
October 2016 assessment - UNSUCCESSFUL

Do anyone know if Ryanair/CAE uses to give a 2nd chance to cadets?

I kept updating my profile and my CV every month also if my application remained open from the first moment I did it.

Anyone in the same situation was called again?

Thanks!

asal0032
13th Nov 2017, 19:36
Same here, also Unsuccessful but recently. Do you know how much time needs to pass to re-apply?

Sky95
15th Nov 2017, 21:49
When did you precisely apply for Ryanair?

I have also sent my application last week, but I don’t have any response right now

I applied on 3rd of November and no response too... I think is just a matter of days

tmracing
16th Nov 2017, 10:56
Hi Frabus,
Yes, they give a 2nd chance.
Usually after 12/18 months.

Mic10
17th Nov 2017, 09:33
I applied to ryanair 23/10/2017 and i didnt recived anything. I hope that they will send me an email about the calling!

FlyHigh234
17th Nov 2017, 19:06
I applied 25 Sept, email and phone call 4 weeks later. Assessment end of October - Successful.

TR 4th December!

I had 3 ATPL fails, first time CPL/MEIR.

Jolax
18th Nov 2017, 10:37
Congrats man!

Rookie4711
18th Nov 2017, 14:18
I applied this summer via McGinley for APC, email one day after application, phonecall another few days later and assessment one week after the phone call. Typerating started late summer and now I am done with base training and waiting for linetraining (no idea how long we have to wait).
My advice for the assessment: study this forum, the official briefing package and know the SOPs and profiles, know everything about your previous MEP, the B737, Ryanair itself and about your own profile (strengths & weaknesses and examples where you did what and why, why should they hire you, why Ryanair etc.)
You should also be able to basically handle the 737 sim e.g. how to fly a SID / airwork / raw data ILS, basic briefings, nav setup skills and navtech chart knowledge. They also look for good english skills and if you are able to become a captain within the next 4 years.

UAV689
20th Nov 2017, 10:34
Guys beware, huge huge delays at the moment for cadets after type rating. Stories of people passing LST in june and still not started line training.

Have a large pot of cash to get you through the delays.

Captain-Random
20th Nov 2017, 13:04
I’m guessing Ryanair would have no quarms with someone taking up alternative employment, most likely non aviation related, whilst waiting for Line training?

After all; unless you’ve got savings or you’re sponging off mummy and daddy who can afford to live without an income for 6 months?

UAV689
20th Nov 2017, 14:34
In a normal world this would make sense. In ryanair world, they are planning by seat of their pants at the moment and there are no firm dates, so people are not getting any visibility on dates from company outside of every fri roster. Meaning people are not able to get work. If they said “look lads, its gonna be 2 months”’you could get a bar job or whatever. But at the moment no one knows...

sunji
20th Nov 2017, 15:14
well you just said that someone is waiting now for like 5 months, i wouldnt wait a single week, just take a job which you can quit the next day? problem solved

ayrtonsenna
20th Nov 2017, 21:26
Anyone know how to delete a training request on the CAE Ryanair program? I have two training request numbers which were set up a minute apart for some unknown reason on my profile.

TheMightyAtom
21st Nov 2017, 08:18
In a normal world this would make sense. In ryanair world, they are planning by seat of their pants at the moment and there are no firm dates, so people are not getting any visibility on dates from company outside of every fri roster. Meaning people are not able to get work. If they said “look lads, its gonna be 2 months”’you could get a bar job or whatever. But at the moment no one knows...

As someone who was in Ryanair for a long time, I'd recommend you put yourself first when planning. Don't be afraid to say "can't do it" if the roster comes out on a Friday and it's unreasonable, crew control won't care and will just chalk it up to the nature of training and last minute rostering.

The rostering department like to be cheeky, rostering you to teleport somewhere at a moments notice. Don't break yourself trying to accomadate this behaviour, far too many people turn up to line training having got to a hotel at 1am and all this. Just say no - trust me you won't ever get anything in return for bending over backwards and nobody is going to seriously bother you, if you have a reasonable explanation.

I know it's going to be your first airline job and people are going to be apprehensive, don't be afraid to reach out to your more experienced colleagues for advice.

fedefederer88
21st Nov 2017, 08:33
Hi guys i want to share with you my experience .

20/09/17 -- Apply in the CAE website
31/10/17---Got the mail from CAE
7/11/17----Received the call from CAE

15/11/17 ---Assessment in Dublin

1)SIMULATOR : the assessors are very helpful theY try to help you with the pitch and powers setting . I started like PM first , normal takeoff , SID , radar vector ,some turn not more than 30 degrees of bank , normal ILS .
Like PF I had a full procedure in Liverpool with emergency (smoke in the rear galley ) , DODAR ,NITS .

2) TECHNICAL INTERVIEW : V2, screen height, V1, max crosswind landing component D42 , formula for calculation of crosswind , how the flight controls of B737 works , hydraulic pressure B737

3)HR : why did you choose simtech ? , why did you choose to get University degree ? , do you know some people that work for Ryanair ? , where do you see your self in the next 5 years ?

Guys is not difficult , they want to see people that really want this job , and people that have very good MCC skills .

At the end i passed the assessment , type rating 5th February in Amsterdam .

Good luck guys

HARD WORK IN THE MOST OF CASE PAYS OFF :)

Sky95
21st Nov 2017, 21:35
Anyone got some phone call about assessment for early December?

US787
23rd Nov 2017, 09:20
Hello guys i fly now for Ryanair quite a while and will tell you what is going on.
First of all apply for Ryanair only if you have no chance to get into Lufthansa BA Airfrance and other good companys. This forum helped me to get the job real quick 30 days after i finished my CPL and it was my first interview. At this time i was scared to fail the other interviews so i signed the contract.

The previous posts are true if you get the job today you will start earning money in August 2018 and get full pay 2-3 months later after linetraining.
You need about 45.000€ for rating accomondation food license uniform travel and so on ,until you get fully paid.
I did my PPL IFR CPL for about 55.000€ so i still had money, 95% of the people get a loan.

How is it to work for FR ?

The roster is good and the AC the money is ok about 3300€/ 12 months but without insurance pension and so on so its a "get hours and apply for Emirates" contract. You have to pay everything by your own exept travel to work with FR.
The pilots are very unhappy 80% are talking about leaving and i guess 60% of the Capt. will leave if there is no change in the contract next year.
They go to China Southern Xiamen Qatar and other carriers because of the 25000$/ month. And it will lead to a massive problem.

No LT Capt = No new FOs
No FOs with 3000h= No new Capt.

About 80% of the FO leave before 1500h and go to Majors like AUA Airfrance LOT Qatar and so on plus Norvegian.

So they try to hire new guys like you and direct entry Capt. and give them new contracts to beat the pilots in Ryanair who are in the company for years and want local contracts with health insuranse pension and so on.

My advise apply for other airlines who are looking for pilots 2017 and 2018 will be the best years since a decade to get this jobs.
If you are not sucessful apply for FR they will need again ~2000 pilots in the next 2 years

So i wish you a great future in your future job.

Frabus
27th Nov 2017, 10:08
Hello friends!

I've applied in September 2016.
October 2016 assessment - UNSUCCESSFUL

Do anyone know if Ryanair/CAE uses to give a 2nd chance to cadets?

I kept updating my profile and my CV every month also if my application remained open from the first moment I did it.

Anyone in the same situation was called again?

Thanks!

CAE called me 4 hours later after this message.

Nice coincidence!
That day I also renewed the design of my CV.

However:

10/11/2017 CAE calls without any e-mail. I was at work (working as EMT on ambulances). Some questions about my previous interview, what I thought went wrong and If I consider myself ready to get the job this year. I answered "of course!" so been offered a date ten days later for Monday 20/11/2017; no chance to shift it a bit later for work reason.
Luckily I arranged shifts at work so at to be free from Saturday (18/11 to 21/11).

18/11/2017 Early morning flight from Italy to Ireland. Stayed at Premier Inn which is just 5 mins walk from Ryanair building.
I used this day to read and study again all what I prepared in the previous days (general infos on C172 - C152 - DA42, previous flown aircrafts - general infos on B737NG & B737MAX200 - history of Ryanair - Ryanair current situations as bases, fleet, employees, ... - performance - meteo - agk - general/radio nav - human perf - ....)

19/11/2017 Booked SIM session at Simtech; I went there 1 year before for MCC/JOC course. They are always very kind, nice and well organized.
Went for the SIM from 1800 to 2000.
Briefing at 1700.
Walked out from the session pretty disappointed.
But I considered that normal since it was 1 year since last MCC ops on Jet and also because I was awake from early morning.
So didn't let discouragement to influence me.
Came back to hotel, went out for dinner. Hamburger and back to my room.
Prepared all the paperwork splitting them in two folders:
1 ORIGINAL documents
1 PHOTOCOPIES

20/11/2017
Alarm clock at 0600. Hot shower to warm up my body temperature (from 0400 to 0600 is at its lowest; human factor studies :rolleyes:).
Breakfast. Coffee. Tea. Milk. Nutella. Bread. Fruits. Yogurt :ok:
Went back to room, prepared.
0740 Ryanair building: door is closed, RING on the left hand side of the door.
Entered it, some guys were already seated there; however I asked to the reception where should I wait for pilot assessment.
0800 An assessor came to us. He was very nice. Same stuff for all. Briefing of the day. Tips for the SIM session. Asked paperwork. Paired in couples and informed about when every couple assessment would have started.
Given airport plates: Liverpool!
Me and my partner would have been the last to be assessed, after lunch break. So at 1300.
Used all the time to brief brief brief and brief.
Assessor asked to us to do full briefings before the session because when into the sim there is not time to talk talk talk!
1300 Stepped into the SIM. Started as PM on the left hand side. I got the clearance (WAL 2T) and PF set up the aircraft for departure - radio aids, courses, alt on mcp - He, as PF, briefed me actively as:"ok PM, what radio aids and course do we have?" - "What about altitudes (1500agl + 100ft liverpool for climb power / 3000agl + 100ft liverpool for bug up)" - "I can see a threat - right turn for radial interception may correspond to climb power or acceleration altitude so be alert for that" - "Take-off briefing is standard as already done before".
Take-off, full SID. Aerial work right/left turns at 5000ft. Deceleration to 170kts so below minimum clean speed (210kts) - so he as PF briefed me about the need to use Flaps5 to fly that speed.
Questions to PM and PF about "where we are?" - look the ADF back and say the sector where you are and NM from the airport so looking to the DME.
Then cleared for ILS rwy 27 via vectoring. Freezed the sim.
PF set up all for the approach and again briefed me actively!! (as SID)
PF briefed me about deceleration - WHEN / WHERE / HOW - we were already with Flaps5 at 170kts from deceleration exercise so he just told me that 2nm before final descent (at D8.0 DME stable on LOC) Gear down Flaps15 speed 150kts and 0.5nm before (at D6.5 DME stable on LOC) Flaps30 speed Vref and that in case of missed approach call would have been "GO AROUND FLAPS 15 to 3000ft"
We flew the approach without any failure or problem, full stop landing and stop.

When me as PF the same!! PRECISELY THE SAME but when sim was frozen for approach briefing the assessor came with a news: passenger probably having an heart attack.
Told him to "standby, we are gonna land, come back to cabin and assist the pax waiting for me to call you back" - since we were close to the NDB I decided to act as if the sim was unfrozen and so doing a very quick DODAR since in reality we would have been just 5 minutes from landing.

But the assessor wanted us to do full DODAR - so we did it!
Diagnosed the situation. Opted to come back to liverpool asking vectors for the ILS rwy 27. Decided that the situation was a PAN PAN not a MAY DAY - (heart attack isn't a cardiac arrest so it's urgent but not an emergency) - Assigned that PM would have launched that PAN PAN call and asked for paramedics once on ground and that I would have flown the aircraft -Reviewed all.

Called Number 1 to the cockpit for NITS. Done NITS we proceeded as agreed but flew full procedure as radar service was unserviceable.
Flying the aircraft I wished to inform my PM about my intentions:"Reaching D8.6 I'll want you to set interception heading of 230° if you agree. Do you think is a good one? I'll then want you to ask for LOC and GS alive. At D8.0 ...etc.etc"

Landed and bye bye.

I went for the interview as last one.
Talked to the HR guy about my previous assessment, what I thought went wrong.
What's going on in my Flight School, if they have many students. If I'm still in touch with my previous sim partner. About my current job situation and when I could start the TR and how I've planned to finance it.

Tech interview begun with personal questions. What's my job, If I've ever had emergencies: of course yes as working for the emergency medical service.
How many hours I have and which aircraft I used for my CPL: DA42.

Max crosswind of DA42: 20kts
Crosswind calculation: clock method - 30° out from the runway so half the intensity
Cruise speed of DA42: 110-120kts
So in how much time will I fly 40nm: 20 mins - how did you calculate it?
If in 1 hour I'll roughly fly 110 kts it means 60nm in 30 mins so close to 20 mins for 40 nm!
Questions about B737. How are flight controls operated. Hyd sys (A/B/STBY). How high light devices are operated. I don't know if my answer was fully right but I think that they don't want you to give a 100% accurate answer but just that you showed interest in knowing some general stuff about the B737.
Absolute ceiling.

OK BYE BYE!

24/11/2017 Positive e-mail

05/02/2018 Starting the course

TIPS: 50% of the success is made by your ATTITUDE. Act as a captain! If you make a mistake leave it back and don't allow it to influence your performance.

Fouga_GVA
27th Nov 2017, 13:16
Congrats Frabus !

oldkarim
27th Nov 2017, 15:00
Good news Frabus,Congrats! Do you have a sample of the design of your CV?

sunji
27th Nov 2017, 20:25
i applied late october and still didnt hear anything, i guess thats a bad sign then.

Kai99
27th Nov 2017, 21:15
Also applied late October and still haven't heard anything.. I hope they still still need pilots this year...

angel.pilot
28th Nov 2017, 07:13
Well, congratulations Frabus :)

I'm also still waiting for the screening call.. should be soon.
I received the mail saying I've been accepted for APC and I should do the assessment in december/january at the latest.
Let's hope everything goes good :ok:

Ars123
28th Nov 2017, 11:20
Don't worry guys, they are still calling, and as I've heard, they will be calling more pilots a long next year. In fact a few days ago, two friends have received the mails from CAE, about call within 14 days. The average of getting a feedback from them, is one month, but sometimes it happens, that it takes a bit longer, but if you comply with the profile they want, they will call you for sure, so don't worry, and think positive.

Vokes55
30th Nov 2017, 01:01
Currently the time between finishing LST and beginning line training is now up to 4 months. So when you get offered the job, you won't receive a penny for at least 8 months.

Think about it.

oldkarim
30th Nov 2017, 14:15
So, tell me, people reading your negative and pessimistic post must believe you and this bull**** just because you are saying that they will not earn a penny for 8 months? So a low hours pilot should decline the offer to start the type because of that? :}
Anyway I know 3 guys who started the type this year (between april and june) and the less lucky started type after less than 2 months. The other two waited up to 30 days!
We should help each other instead of spread negativism in this forum. If you don want to help other and be helpful, just don't write here. Nobody is asking for your upsetting partecipation.

sunji
30th Nov 2017, 15:10
thank you, absolutly my opinion. ryanair is a very good airline to start with in my view. and if you have to wait 4 months you still can work somewhere else in the meantime.

US787
30th Nov 2017, 15:34
Please guys there are some pilots from FR in this forum.When i had no job i said the same (Ryanair is the best and so on ). But we just want to inform you how the situation at the moment is. Nobody says go to FR or don't go there.
And no during the 4 months you are not allowed to work because they will call you for psct training in STN and BT to EMA and you have to go to there.
So again calculate 40-45k € for the rating and waiting

Vokes55
1st Dec 2017, 08:50
Actually my post was probably one of the most helpful on this whole thread, as it's realistic and not given behind rose-tinted glasses. But of course, as a 27 year old you believe it's your right to fly a big shiny jet, so go ahead and join.

Sunji's post is a demonstration of how deluded these cadets are. No you cannot 'work somewhere else in the meantime', for one your 'contract' says that you can't, secondly as US787 states, you'll be back in the sim regularly to stay current. Thirdly, try finding an employer willing to take you under the knowledge you'll be leaving as soon as you're rostered line training.

Enjoy your 8+ months without payment, I hope you have wealthy parents to help you through this period. Don't say I/we didn't warn you.

oldkarim
1st Dec 2017, 17:07
@Vokes55
Explain me why I should not believe it's my right to fly a "big shiny jet" Just because I'm 27. You don't even know my experience at all. I could have flown in excess of 3000h, and nowdays I think is enough to start. You could say in case I were 19yo and get fully paid the flight training by my daddy just like many of these little child, but anyway I think that it is not up to us to judge them.
For your information I have been working in general aviation for 3 years, and I'm really enjoying it, I love my job, but If I had the chance to start the type, I would cacth it up without thinking.
I have worked hard to pursue my dream, I have funded all the training by myself, I didn't want my parents to partecipate in financing and in the near future I won't ask them money, anyway I think it is my personal business and problem. So why should I believe that is it not my right? If it is not mine, whose is it?
I believe that you are more pessimist than realistic, or maybe my friends are just lucky. Why should I believe an unknown dude online while my friend are saying that it worths?
As i wrote, we don't need this your pessimistic view, "Don't say I didn't warn you". This sentence just made me laugh. Who are you? A benefactor or what?
If you are not interested in FR, just don't write here or I have to think that your life is so boring.

oldkarim
1st Dec 2017, 17:30
Please guys there are some pilots from FR in this forum.When i had no job i said the same (Ryanair is the best and so on ). But we just want to inform you how the situation at the moment is. Nobody says go to FR or don't go there.
And no during the 4 months you are not allowed to work because they will call you for psct training in STN and BT to EMA and you have to go to there.
So again calculate 40-45k € for the rating and waiting
So tell me where this 40-45k comes from. The type costs 29500.
You know that you have living expenses even if you are not working for FR? But WTF 15000€ more in 4/5 months is really too much. What is your lifestyle? Do you drink Champagne instead of still water?
How do people still believe these :mad:?

NWCoast
1st Dec 2017, 17:53
We don’t have to «believe» it blindly, we’ve BEEN THERE, we’ve DONE THAT.

You truly don’t get it, the wait for the TR-course to start is irrelevant.
What will truly make you feel the burn is time spent waiting for line training, furthermore how long you’ll be in that training hamster wheel once it starts.

A TR is worthless unless you get to 500 hours basically. Now, in the time spent between the course and waiting for your line training you’ll have to stay current on type; Guess what? FR won’t cover that, you as bogus-self-employed will.

In my case, I only had to wait a few weeks. But already back in 2015 there was a lack of trainers with hours to spare, so as you do; You end up spending countless periods of 5 days on standby in a random village somewhere you most likely don’t speak the language and the locals rarely speak English.

You will of course have the pleasure of covering all costs yourself HOTAC, travel and food.

I had to blow my credit card limit, then whatever peanuts I got from FR, I spent paying the bare minimum back to the bank. Just to avoid getting into even deeper :mad:

Congratulations your attitude already sucks, as you won’t accept friendly advise from those who have lived it.

Stay well clear of BS such as the “Swedish flight mafia” their propaganda revolves around what they managed to acquire by means of playing the “look at me in my bikini card.” That is not the life that awaits you, unless you’re a reasonably attractive female who has no quarrels about buying followers to get your completely unbalanced happy-go-lucky account up and running on IG.

You have ABSOLUTELY no experience in the actual business, but tell those who do to PFO because you, of course, know far better than us all.

In times as these, when the outlook is pointing up for pilots, it is worth to take in that it does NOT mean; a good time to join Ryanair. Quite the opposite. Our general situation has become better because people LEAVE FR and their rotten practices.
In droves.

If one is to join anyway, do so EYES WIDE OPEN. Listen to those who have gone before you, and be ready for the hurt. Also quite possibly be prepared to lose your passion for it all, as reality of the struggle sets in.
Financial difficulties caused by your “job” and no support from your “employer” is a fickle b@#ch.

You’ll just ignore what I’ve said anyway, as all those who are not applying to FR in this thread know nothing, and are pessimistic according to you.
It’s not pessimism, it’s reality for those who have been in your shoes at a earlier stage.

SSDK
1st Dec 2017, 23:22
Wow. I actually had to re-activate my profile to get this off my chest after reading the "If you only have negative things to say, keep it to yourself" posts!

I did "my time" in Ryanair as well, and boy are you in for a surprise if you think the almost 30K is enough to complete all of it and get the career started.

So many things can happen! I have current friends in the company who have had to wait much longer that the 30 days, and a few even more than 4 months. And this was before the mass exodus a couple of months ago!

If you REALLY want to consider RYR as your future employer, please listen to what the guys are telling you! You might be based somewhere far from home, sitting is a hotel on endless standbys waiting for your LT to start. Come summer you will see hotel/airb&b prices soar as the tourist season starts, and before you know it you will be maxed out on your credit cards or mom and dads money!

Back when I was in the company, I only had to wait around a month from TR end to LT start, and I STILL had to pay much more in expenses than I would have ever believed! and I was living in an awful apartment in one of Europes least expensive cities, and all I was allowing myself to do all day was to eat eggs, oatmeal and whatever cheap basic food I could find. This is simply just the reality of it all. The pay during LT is also extremely low, and I will be surprised if you make it out of the first 1-1,5 years in the company without juuust breaking even while saving up for a slow winter, paying off debt and creditcards.

If you still think RYR is for you, then don´t let me or anyone else stop you - but please listen to what we tell you!

There are other options out there at the moment! At least give it a good try, before you decide on this company!

I know you may have met loads of RYR guys who seem happy, and I will not deny that there are loads out there who consider themselves lucky for the time being. But be prepared to loose a lot of money in the beginning, and have your affairs in order with the taxman while you are in there! I went through a full audit when I left, and in my current company, I know so many ex-Ryr guys who have had to pay back loads of tax back once they returned to their home country!

You are truly on your own with this company. (Ryr contract or not) If you can accept it - Fine. But once you have seen "the other side" in a proper company you will join us "ex-ryr" boys and girls in our efforts to warn future colleges.

Ps. I totally agree with the previous post about the "Swedish house mafia". This is NOT the average or even below average life of a RYR pilot.

Good luck

sunji
2nd Dec 2017, 10:46
then why did you join ryanair in the first place ??? all of you "ex-ryr", you joined ryanair aswell and i am 100% sure there have also been people who told you not do it, so what?

i paid my atpl all by myself and i know whats living at the limits trust me. i lived the last 3 years in a basement.

this tread is to help people get trough the interview and sim and not ****-talking the company. do you really think we are that stupid so we dont understand their practices? before i applied i talked to like 4 ryanair pilots to get to know how daily life was.

the situation is still dire as it was last year, do you know how hard it is to get a job as a cadet? every airline is asking for a valid TR and 500+ hours. we just want a job and if it means to have a hard start then so be it.

sunji
2nd Dec 2017, 12:29
No I applied to easyJet, Aer Lingus, DHL etc aswell not only Ryanair. I will take the first offer I get.

Look I appreciate the advices but if I get the offer I wont turn it down even when its a bad deal.

SSDK
2nd Dec 2017, 12:38
then why did you join ryanair in the first place ??? all of you "ex-ryr", you joined ryanair aswell and i am 100% sure there have also been people who told you not do it, so what?

i paid my atpl all by myself and i know whats living at the limits trust me. i lived the last 3 years in a basement.

this tread is to help people get trough the interview and sim and not ****-talking the company. do you really think we are that stupid so we dont understand their practices? before i applied i talked to like 4 ryanair pilots to get to know how daily life was.

the situation is still dire as it was last year, do you know how hard it is to get a job as a cadet? every airline is asking for a valid TR and 500+ hours. we just want a job and if it means to have a hard start then so be it.

I thought you might ask.

I was lucky to land a job as an FI after I finished training just before the financial crisis. I got me my first 1000hrs before I was laid off when the crisis hit. fast forward 200 applications and I finally decided to try Ryanair. A decision I have always felt was in PURE desperation! I worked out, but at a cost I think.

Being without a job after the crisis is in no way comparable to todays market. In my company, half of the new FO's got a job while still doing their CPL. Our company simply went to the flight schools to recruit early. 10 years ago, I would have simply not believed that would ever be remotely possible. It has gone from being: "wow, I just landed my first job flying tourists around the flag pole twice a week" to "wow, I just landed my first job - and it's on a 737/airbus". Massive difference!

I think it is incredibly ignorant not to take both the good and bad advice from colleagues in the community. As I wrote before, I DO know RYR pilots who are happy. I would say its about 50%. mostly because they are based close to home. With my current lot, I would say it's closer to 90. And I'm still in low cost!

Starting a career with RYR today is much more a choice than it was before in my opinion. It's way more expensive than it was back then. The salary is lower from what they paid me, and you WILL have to wait for your LT to start or there will be far between your training days.

If you join, I sincerely hope things have changed by the time you are ready to start your training, and I hope I am massively mistaken. But I'm not holding my breath.....

Vokes55
3rd Dec 2017, 08:57
First thing's first oldkarim, it is not, and never will be your "right" to fly a 737. It's this attitude that is contributing to the declining conditions in this industry, people like yourself using a professional career as their hobby.

I think others have more or less covered the points. The current Ryanair pilots are trying to change things at the company, and people like yourself coming in, willing to accept the appalling conditions as a 'good opportunity' for yourself is not helping anybody.

Stay well clear of BS such as the “Swedish flight mafia” their propaganda revolves around what they managed to acquire by means of playing the “look at me in my bikini card.” That is not the life that awaits you, unless you’re a reasonably attractive female who has no quarrels about buying followers to get your completely unbalanced happy-go-lucky account up and running on IG.

Don't forget "Matt the pilot" of IG fame, generally regarded as one of the worst pilots in the company (also failed most of his ATPL written and practical exams, so I'm told).

sunji
3rd Dec 2017, 12:31
maybe its time to stop you imply we are fine with those conditions. we have no other choice than to accept them or should i say at the interview yeah i want double the salary and a fixed contract? lmao get real.. can we maybe stop this now? we got it already 10 pages before, ryanair sucks, we suck aswell because we want to join them and ruin the industry.

Kai99
3rd Dec 2017, 13:02
Does anyone know if Ryan still taking in people for the assessments now in December or is reduced due to Christmas holidays etc. ?

UAV689
3rd Dec 2017, 20:20
Beware all, huge huge delays after your type rating. Lads that started their tr in may I am seeing with safety pilot still to receive a pay cheque. If you pass your tr this week, your looking at march for starting line training. You can't even get a job else where as they give you short notice to go back in the sims each week to keep current, which of course, can be ema, dub, STN, ams,at your own costs imagine.

SSDK
3rd Dec 2017, 20:55
maybe its time to stop you imply we are fine with those conditions. we have no other choice than to accept them or should i say at the interview yeah i want double the salary and a fixed contract? lmao get real.. can we maybe stop this now? we got it already 10 pages before, ryanair sucks, we suck aswell because we want to join them and ruin the industry.

Sunji, If we drop the kindergarten rhetoric for a moment, I hope you can see that there are actually people here who have walked the walk who are just trying to give you a heads up. By all means, If you want to join Ryanair fine, but as fellow colleagues it is our duty to try and provide the best possible information available.

Who knows. If the Ryr guys actually get a CLA together, It just might be a fantastic workplace in the future. All we are saying is; Watch out for yourselves, plan for a though period in your life and make sure you get a realistic picture of what you can expect. I think most people are optimists when they are presented with a job offering with the company. But just having finished flight school it can be very hard to feel the financial burden that you are about to take on. 4-6 or more months of only paying out of pocket can be a mental challenge and I have seen so many people go from being young enthusiastic pilots, to bitter 1-2 year FO's who are already saying things like: "I'm not sure I am actually going to be doing this in 30 years". It does not have to be that way. Not at all!

Anyways, you get the idea. Best of luck in the future!

STEXUP
5th Dec 2017, 08:15
I do not fly for...I don't want to fly for and I don't fly with Ryanair even as a pax seen the incredible amounts of immature wannabees spending their parents money populating their cockpits . I think is time to implement the FAA like 1500 hours before any commercial flying rule...before is too late.

FL1337
7th Dec 2017, 19:25
I will as soon as I can Gkss! Still waiting for my account to get access to PM since I only registered a few hours ago.. and I can't seem to find CAE 1729 on FB. Perhaps you could put the link here?

Greenlights
7th Dec 2017, 19:32
the market is so good, and you still apply for FR ? :D
good luck...:yuk:

Martin_123
8th Dec 2017, 16:22
the market is so good, and you still apply for FR ? :D
good luck...:yuk:

would you be so kind and point me to airlines in Europe that will actually take on 200 hour cadets? Aerlingus just did their recruitment drive, 4000 applicants on 100 positions, many many of those 4000 guys with 1000+ hours on type.. paints a picture, doesn't it? Easyjet wont look at you if you're modular, Wizz is interested in Easterneuropeans for their bases, many other carriers looking at local language speakers only. If English is your only language or you are coming from a country that doesn't have a strong local airline, you are pretty much :mad:. I'd say, if you can afford Ryanair, go for it..

The Foss
8th Dec 2017, 18:30
EasyJet are actually taking modular guys now for the first time I can remember - a sign of the positive changes.
Also know of 200 hr guys that have got jobs at Norwegian, cityjet, cityflyer, jet2, Flybe and dhl

lisa95
9th Dec 2017, 09:50
Anyone failed the first interview and reapplied for the second time please?

Did you pass the second interview?
Did you let them know that you have already failed the 1st interview?

MisterAviator
9th Dec 2017, 12:54
Hi lisa95,

I think you can reapply 6 months later after not passing the 1st time.
When did you failed the interview? Do not desperate, just keep on studying, flying if possible and try other airlines,...you know its not the end of the world.

Kind regards

schweizer2
9th Dec 2017, 16:46
would you be so kind and point me to airlines in Europe that will actually take on 200 hour cadets? Aerlingus just did their recruitment drive, 4000 applicants on 100 positions, many many of those 4000 guys with 1000+ hours on type.. paints a picture, doesn't it? Easyjet wont look at you if you're modular, Wizz is interested in Easterneuropeans for their bases, many other carriers looking at local language speakers only. If English is your only language or you are coming from a country that doesn't have a strong local airline, you are pretty much :mad:. I'd say, if you can afford Ryanair, go for it..

Wizz focusing on eastern euros? The airline is currently being flooded by French and Italians and not to mention, lots of Brits now!

If you are a 200 hour cadet waiting for the call up, you are doing it wrong, GO to their open day, that they put effort into organising on a regular basis.
You show them you are interested with a bit more than a "submit" key on the web and they'll take you seriously enough to FLY you out to their training centre at their expense. Or you could pay the Irish group for the privilege of your attendance.

I worked my ugly little bum off to get in this industry, years and years of nothing from the big boys until 5 different invitations in the space of a month, times have changed and you have a choice to get out there and do something about it or you can sit back, relax and watch the others grab the available positions.

Skipname
10th Dec 2017, 13:59

Yes you do have a choice, all you have to say is no and walk away. There are literally lots of jobs out there. Why do you think Ryanair are having crew issues? I don't know how long you've been in aviation for but if you look back you'll notice that the employment prospect this year was very positive.

Believe it or not many people actually do turn jobs down because the T&C are bad. A while back while I was a flight instructor I went to the Globe Air interview. At the interview stage they told us that the salary was almost €30K per year. I passed the interview and when they sent me the contract the salary was €1850 per month gross and the rest was made up of different bonuses at the discretion of the company, plus I had to pay €24k for the type rating and stay there for minimum 3 years. I told them no thanks and continued to work as a flight instructor until few months later when I got a great job, well paid and most important not having to pay for anything and treated like a human being. A couple of years ago I turned down another job that is not even worth mentioning.

I also applied for Ryanair when I finished my training, back then they were literally the only choice, shortly after the financial crises. For some reason unknown to me they never called me but I continued to update my application for years to see if they are ever going to call me. This summer around July they sent me an email asking me if I am still interested in working for them, I replied yes. Then a couple of weeks after that they sent me the phone email and then called me, on the phone I made my demands regarding the type of contract, base and salary. They said is not possible and didn't invite me to the interview. It was of great satisfaction to me doing that.

teobull
10th Dec 2017, 14:16
I have been invited for assessment on the 11th of January. Anyone else in Dublin the same day?

Cheers.

Fouga_GVA
11th Dec 2017, 10:30
GKSS, congrats for passing the interview!
Can you give us a quick feedback of the questions asked (HR and technical) and your sim ride?
Thanks!

UAV689
12th Dec 2017, 17:40
Well done to all of you passing selection lately. A huge piece of advice.

Every new starter must join the local pilot association . There is a huge battle at the moment and the plight of cadets is a big talking point, we are trying to make things better for you all.
This is probably the last time we have this opportunity at Ryanair, help it become the great airline it should be.

dirk85
12th Dec 2017, 18:13
Read the posts above, these guys would sell their mother for an underpaid job in this :mad: company, they won't bother.
They will probably be the ones to fly in their days off and out of the base to cover for the strikes of the other pilots, so they can make hours and get out to something better, as they say. Until there will be nothing better around.

Jolax
12th Dec 2017, 21:47
And are you blaming the cadets?
These conditions are up to the cadets?

dirk85
13th Dec 2017, 09:50
No, I was merely stating that they will NEVER help out their collegues. Quite the opposite in fact.

Skipname
13th Dec 2017, 11:20
Jolax, Not blaming the current cadets because obviously they had nothing to do with the current situation. Those that joined before them are very much to blame because they allowed this situation to continue.

However every one that joins Ryanair now are very much to blame because they are weakening the crew's hand.

Edit: Yes the conditions are up to the cadets, they can always say no or demand better T&C

Captain-Random
13th Dec 2017, 11:34
So basically what you’re saying is that now all the current pilots (who were probably all P2F cadets when they joined) have the right to complain about new cadets joining just because they now have their snouts firmly in the trough?

Seems a bit hypocritical that pilots who P2F with FR 1,2,3 etc etc years ago have the audacity to complain about new cadets doing the same :confused:

Skipname
13th Dec 2017, 11:40
I am not saying that at all. If you go over my post again you'll see that those who joined before them are very much to blame because they are the ones who let this to even become a practice in the first place and then allowed it to continue.

Captain-Random
13th Dec 2017, 11:47
However every one that joins Ryanair now are very much to blame because they are weakening the crew's hand.

:confused:

The Foss
13th Dec 2017, 12:49
I don't think the cadets will necessarily be weakening the current pilots hands as there is no shortage of inexperienced FOs.
The real shortage lies in the Captains, this is being exacerbated by the fact that now a lot of the experienced FOs close to command hours are choosing to leave rather than upgrade. This will not be an easy fix for them.

Skipname
13th Dec 2017, 17:55
:confused:

What is so hard to understand? The pilots that joined Ryanair since they started the P2F are to blame for allowing Ryanair to pull this :mad:

Also the cadets that choose to join now instead of waiting for few months until the dispute for better T&C between crew and Ryanair is over, are ( cadets or otherwise) to blame for allowing the situation to continue from this point on.

Fredbr: Not everything that bursts your bubble is false rumours. Yes there is a backlog of cadets waiting for the line training. I can't tell you how long it will take to clear the backlog but I personally know few people that started the type rating in January 2017 and earned their first pay check at the end of September.

Do you really believe Ryanair when they said they messed up the pilot's holiday? It's true that they had to change the roster year from April to January but they also gave the holiday on a prorated base, Ryanair are not that generous.

The fact is that Ryanair is short of experienced crew that is why they have the current issues. Who is going to train you so you can do the line training after 1.5 months?

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/599355-ryanair-cancelling-flights-55.html - have a look at the last few pages of this thread and see how many bases are going on strike or have planned a strike. This should give you an idea of what's happening in Ryanair.

Captain-Random
13th Dec 2017, 18:22
What is so hard to understand? The pilots that joined Ryanair since they started the P2F are to blame for allowing Ryanair to pull this :mad

100% agree but you can’t expect prospective cadets to sit around and wait just because current pilots have finally got their act together and are trying to take action now they’re logging hours and receiving a pay check. It sounds a tad hypocritical to me.

The Foss
13th Dec 2017, 20:21
Yes I hope for your sakes by then conditions will have improved. Every cadet coming into the company should immediately be placed on a direct contract and receiving a basic salary.

The new guys won't be affecting the battle the current pilots are having with management however it wouldn't take long for a freeze of people joining to change things all round. Currently it's 60+ new entrants per month (so probably around 150 interviewed) all willing to pay for type ratings and go unpaid for months. Unfortunately they won't need to change their behaviour towards cadets with this endless supply. I'm not saying you should be the one to say no because of course there'll be someone behind you in the queue to step in and take your place but at some point I do hope they have to start treating people differently one way or another.

Good luck with the training

Skipname
13th Dec 2017, 20:25
100% agree but you can’t expect prospective cadets to sit around and wait just because current pilots have finally got their act together and are trying to take action now they’re logging hours and receiving a pay check. It sounds a tad hypocritical to me.

I am not expecting them to sit around and do nothing. I would advise them to try with all the other airlines and leave Ryanair as the really last resort. There are literally lots of jobs out there, Airlines, Corporate, General Aviation, Instruction you name it. 2017 was the best year in terms of pilot recruitment I have ever seen and I think it will continue in 2018 as well.

Fredbr, I forgot to mention that the people I personally know that started the type rating in January 2017 spent around 43-45 000€ until they got their first pay check. You should keep that in mind too.

SeaBreeze1
14th Dec 2017, 17:30
Trouble is, by the time you've started the TR you've already signed your self-employed contract with FR....which states you can't work anywhere else.

PilotJamie
15th Dec 2017, 12:04
Hey Guys, I attended a session in Dublin this December and was sadly unsuccessful. Wasn't seen until 2PM and when I was the sim was very rushed, not even allowed a full brief, was to be done outwith of the sim in private.

Take off with heading and altitude request, climb and descents, radial interception then an approach. (My GS failed but was visual) No emergency so no chance to really explore any CRM or MCC traits.

Personal was about myself, training family then few technical's. (Seats, Hydraulic system and how flight controls are moved.)

Best of luck to all who attend in future.:ok:

UAV689
15th Dec 2017, 16:36
I hope you have all seen the news today.

Epic.

As long as you all join your national pilot associations. When you get your base, you must join the country of your base, regardless of your nationality. In the mean time, nothing to say you don't join your home nation when you start your TR.

We all want to make Ryanair a company where we can stay for 20 years. They need our help to do that.

Last week I flew a cadet to his wings ceremony in dub. He started his TR in may 2017 Been told he won't start line training til March 2018. That means no pay until April, maybe May.

1 year with 0 pay. We need to make this company the company it could be. This treatment cannot go on.

pilotportugal
17th Dec 2017, 18:11
Hi guys.

It will be my second interview with Ryanair, i was there in OCT 2016 and i fail.

Now received a new phone call and a new date.

Im currently working in France as ATR First officer and im wondering if they will make me different questions because of my current Type Rating.

Anyone with a type Rating invited for an interview? How it was? Technical questions about your current Type Rating?

Thank you very much guys

Winglet757
18th Dec 2017, 15:23
Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has shared his experience in the interview.

I sent the application 2nd week of November. Email 5 weeks later, call on the next day. Will have the assessment on the 18th January.

The call was very simple. They asked me how was my MCC experience and what I have been doing since then. It looked like they just wanted to make sure that I can communicate in English (that's why it was a rather random question and the answer itself wasn't really relevant). When that was clear, she invited me to the assessment and explained me the required documentations and steps.

Best regards!

Rookie4711
19th Dec 2017, 11:24
I applied this summer via McGinley for APC, email one day after application, phonecall another few days later and assessment one week after the phone call. Typerating started late summer and now I am done with base training and waiting for linetraining (no idea how long we have to wait).
My advice for the assessment: study this forum, the official briefing package and know the SOPs and profiles, know everything about your previous MEP, the B737, Ryanair itself and about your own profile (strengths & weaknesses and examples where you did what and why, why should they hire you, why Ryanair etc.)
You should also be able to basically handle the 737 sim e.g. how to fly a SID / airwork / raw data ILS, basic briefings, nav setup skills and navtech chart knowledge. They also look for good english skills and if you are able to become a captain within the next 4 years.

Update: we finished a couple of weeks ago and the first one of our group is now rostered for linetraining (even got a base next to his hometown). Others still waiting though. I think 4 months are extreme cases and the average waiting time might be 1-3 months right now. But the waiting time is also different for everyone and might change every month...

mysterons
19th Dec 2017, 19:05
Hello everyone!!

First and foremost, for those who wonder how much time applications have been taking, I applied around the 30th of October, got the email around the 20th of November and the call on the first week of December.

The call was very laid back: the lady asked me if I failed any ATPL subjects (I failed Principles of flight once and averaged 87%), if I failed any flight exams, if I had everything in order and up to date, and then proceeded to explain the assessment fee, the type cost and every document you need to take. I got January 3rd for the assessment. No test or weird questions whatsoever. (the call was from a Dutch number).

Immediately after I paid the assessment fee, booked flights and hotel.

However, today, I received the best news of all: I was accepted at my home country's airline, and guess what, I start the type rating exactly the day of Ryanair's assessment! That being said, I have to cancel it. Does anyone know if Ryanair refunds the fee, or part of it? Or how to proceed to do so? I would much appreciate any help!

For all of you, I wish the best of luck!
:)

PilotJ77
20th Dec 2017, 16:49
Hi everyone!

I have been invited for the assessment. They told me to be there at 08:00 and that it can last until 18:00 (:eek:), anyone knows if its possible to finish earlier or it depends on your turn?

TRENT210
20th Dec 2017, 21:19
PilotJ77

I’m guessing you’ll be done by mid afternoon because I’ve been invited at 12:00 as a group of 4 and told I’ll be done by late afternoon/ early evening.

Airone2977
21st Dec 2017, 12:38
. Does anyone know if Ryanair refunds the fee, or part of it? Or how to proceed to do so? I would much appreciate any help!

Negative sire ! the fee is non refundable, it's written on the CAE email, there is nothing you can do about it.

Congratulation for joining TAP, best of luck for the TR !

mysterons
21st Dec 2017, 13:00
Thank you for the reply. Best of luck to all ! :)

TRENT210
21st Dec 2017, 14:08
if you start at 08:00, it is likely you will be 8 candidates.
You will have no control on who you are paired with and when you do interviews and sim. So yes, you can finish at 18:00, but they usually expedite and you might finish max at 1630

I think they way they do it from January might be changing because on my assessment in January 4 people have been invited at 08:00 and 4 of us are at 12:00 which I think is a lot better.

Maybe they’ve decided it’s beneficial all round if people are there only as long as they need to be, after all apart from the assessor having to do 2 group breifings there’s no reason why they can’t split 8 people into 2 groups.

Winglet757
21st Dec 2017, 16:57
Mysterons

Congratulations about that!

Don't expect a refund. Anyhow, it would be nice from you to contact CAE about that cancellation, so they might find someone else to fill your slot and there won't be an odd number of persons that day.

dlcmdrx
22nd Dec 2017, 10:25
Does anyone know how to reset or delete the Cae account somehow so i can reapply?

private message me if necessary.

Funny Username
24th Dec 2017, 06:21
Hi guys quick question for anyone who has done the sim check recently.
In briefing pack where it specifies t/o procedures: after stabilising N1 it says press TOGA, but then it says "set take as thrust as previously briefed."

What? Pressing toga does, or should set the t/o thrust so what is actually expected here.

Thanks

FlySire
24th Dec 2017, 10:22
My thoughts here are, as described in SOP’s: press TOGA and then always verify if the correct amount of thrust is set. Which you then confirmed by stating “THRUST SET”. If not, adjust the thrust levers manually during THR HLD indication.

aerodestination
24th Dec 2017, 10:43
I would say 'take of thrust set' would be a call from the Pilot Monitoring when the actual N1 value is reached, takes a little time to spool up. If you press the TOGA switch it will set automatically but you would still check this.

Funny Username
24th Dec 2017, 11:07
I'll paste the text to make it a bit clearer:

"To commence Takeoff
• Advance the Thrust Levers to the 40% (12 o’clock position) and pause.

• Allow the engines stabilise at this thrust setting (about 3 seconds).

• Select TOGA (Take off, Go around). TOGA is selected by pressing one of the two buttons on the back of the Thrust Levers, this will engage the A/T. The assessor will point these out, if required.

• Then set the thrust as per your brief to your colleague (above)."

Is it me or does it seem like they are asking you to manually set the thrust after pressing TOGA?

TRENT210
24th Dec 2017, 12:39
I think they mean it in respect of who handles the throttles during take off. You’re not expected to know specific Ryanair SOP’s so I guess it show you’re taught in your MCC

Some airlines have the pilot flying setting and holding the thrust levers until V1
Some airlines have the pilot flying setting the thrust and then the pilot monitoring holding them until V1
Some airlines have you holding hands setting the thrust

I guess any is fine as long as you brief your partner on the procedure you follow

brok pilot
27th Dec 2017, 15:52
Hi everyone!
I've applied on 23 of this month, still waiting for the called mail. Have anybody applied the same day or similar and have received news??:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Hey man,

They usually take a month and a half to reply! Don't overstress. Take your time to study. I'll be there next week

Funny Username
28th Dec 2017, 12:17
fredbr

Ok cheers. Just a bit surprising how they managed to word it/explain it so badly as they are effectively telling you to do the same thing twice but different ways (toga button and then manually), but if they just mean in regard to lever handling for rto then its ok.

Why didn't they just say that though? Never mind. Cheers.

Bombs Away
30th Dec 2017, 18:06
Have had an application in since August and heard nothing. Got a strange email today basically stating as such

Thank you for applying for the Ryanair type-rating program.

Ryanair is currently interested in your application. However, your online application is not yet complete.

The following documents are missing

Once you have completed your online application we would appreciate it if you would reply to this email so your application can be reviewed.

I've been in the system on and off for the last 5 years and never got this email before. Of course I'm going to update my details but is this just a generic email they send everyone or are they actually reviewing my application? Has anyone else ever got this email?

TRENT210
30th Dec 2017, 18:51
Yes I got the same, it means they are seriously considering your application.
I updated my details about 5 days after receiving this email and got another email saying my I’d be called within 14 days. The next day I was called !

ROKVIATOR
2nd Jan 2018, 21:36
What's the average on the calls since you apply? Got told that is about 1-3 months then a couple more for interview and then pray for it.

mg1411
3rd Jan 2018, 09:04
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how to reset or delete the Cae account somehow so i can reapply?

I was unsucessful at the interview in November 2016 and I would like to be called again...

Thank you very much for your help!

Bombs Away
3rd Jan 2018, 09:43
Was kinda wondering this myself, got the email recently regarding updating documents so I’m assuming they’ll call soon. I will be out of the country for about 4 weeks shorty. If I’m not available for interview can I ask them for another date in a month or two to attend?

JUST-local
3rd Jan 2018, 14:10
Hello guys!
Can you advise of how long it took from your CAE application to getting the e-mail and phone call, then how long between phone call and assessment booking?
Thanks a lot and best of luck!

TRENT210
3rd Jan 2018, 17:36
Day 1 - Application Submitted
Day 11 - Email from CAE staying my application was incomplete
Day 13 - Replied to CAE confirming I’d done the requested actions
Day 15 - Email from CAE thanking me for competing my application and that they would only contact me further IF they wanted to proceed with my application
Day 31 - Email saying they were interested and that I would be called within 14 days
Day 33 - Call inviting me to assessment
Day 65 - Assessment

malteseaviator
3rd Jan 2018, 20:07
Good Evening everyone,

I have my Ryanair assessment on the 23rd of January. I was wondering whether there is anyone on here with Jet time that has gone through the assessment that could maybe share his experience.

Is it any different from other assessments described here by out of flight school cadets?

thanks

JUST-local
4th Jan 2018, 09:53
TRENT210 Cheers!

Funny Username
6th Jan 2018, 15:32
In regards to them asking questions on the aircraft you fly, will it be the twin you did ir on or more likely to be about a single i fly for a bit of part time work?
Cheers

skyboy83
7th Jan 2018, 12:30
Hi guys.

It will be my second interview with Ryanair, i was there in OCT 2016 and i fail.

Now received a new phone call and a new date.

Can i make a "silly" question? Do you need to pay again 350E for the 2nd interview?

baronerosso_
8th Jan 2018, 13:25
Hi folks,

is there anyone who did the interview in 2018 and already got the answer? Thanks!

bzzz
9th Jan 2018, 08:12
Anyone here going to Dublin on the 29th of January for an assessment ?

Fouga_GVA
9th Jan 2018, 10:14
Hi folks,

is there anyone who did the interview in 2018 and already got the answer? Thanks!

Not yet, waiting for the email ...
The wait should be up to 7 working days though

baronerosso_
9th Jan 2018, 10:18
Not yet, waiting for the email ...
The wait should be up to 7 working days though

Thanks Fouga_GVA !

Winglet757
10th Jan 2018, 16:03
Hi guys,

I did my CPL and Theoretical ATPL in a school, and the IR/ME in another school. I got the "flight school report" from those two flight schools.
However, I took my PPL in a third school previously. Does anyone know if they need a report from the school in which I took the PPL course???

Thanks a lot!!

aerodestination
10th Jan 2018, 17:11
Hi guys,

I did my CPL and Theoretical ATPL in a school, and the IR/ME in another school. I got the "flight school report" from those two flight schools.
However, I took my PPL in a third school previously. Does anyone know if they need a report from the school in which I took the PPL course???

Thanks a lot!!

I would doubt that. I think they are the most interested in ME/IR and MCC. Just upload those 2 files and you will get an email is the application is incomplete, but again, I don't think they would require a report for your PPL

Winglet757
10th Jan 2018, 18:12
Great, thanks a lot for your answers!

flying79
11th Jan 2018, 09:42
Hi everyone,

I am in Dublin on the 1st of february and I wanted to ask if you know what charts and what airports they are using for the simulator screening.
And does anyone know a cheap hostel close to the Ryanair HQ ?
Thank you very much!

lisa95
11th Jan 2018, 10:45
When do they usually send successful emails? Is there any pattern?

aerodestination
11th Jan 2018, 11:08
from what I've heard from some friends it seems to be around 3-5 working days after the assessment.

For getting a call after application at CAE it varies greatly from 10 days to 3 months at the moment.

flying79
11th Jan 2018, 11:10
I waited 4 working days for the call after I got the email from CAE

TRENT210
11th Jan 2018, 18:07
Just done the assessment. Nothing new to report, Sim and tech interview as described many times before.

HR interview felt a little different... No questions about why Ryanair, why they should employ you etc. Just questions about previous work, flight training, can you pay for type rating. Basically the kind of chat you’d have with a friend down at the local pub.

I’m guessing they’re desperate to get people onto TR courses because as of this week they are interviewing 12 people a day instead of the usual 8. I presume they’re assessing more people to get a higher number of assessment passes rather than lowering their standards to get more people through.

I got the impression that the sim is a big part of the assessment because it seemed there was little emphasis on the interview side of things...
If you ask me the tech interview is pointless because if they really wanted it to mean something they would at least spice up the tech questions rather than use the same basic ones listed over and over on this thread, winglets, seats on 737 etc.

In a nutshell I think they’re desperate to hire pilots but don’t assume this means they’re going to reduce the quality of the candidates they put through TR’s.

My sims partners friend was assessed recently only 11 months after failing their first FR assessment.

baronerosso_
11th Jan 2018, 20:03
Do you know how many days you have to wait for the result?

Fouga_GVA
12th Jan 2018, 11:12
Hi lads,

This thread has been a valuable help to prepare this assessment.
Here is my feedback to help the next chaps.

Technical interview
Xwind DA42
Calcul xwind component
Xwind during the sim
What powered the flight controls on the 737 ?
Describe Hydraulics systems on the 737
Standby hydraulic power used for which systems on the 737?

HR
Why ryanair ?
When can you start?
Can you pay for the TR ?
Most complicated part of your training ?
Any fail in theory or praticable exams ?

Sim ride
Sim Liverpool W2T SID
Airwork turns a 30° - Slowing accelerations
My buddy got ILS vectors, I got procedural and emergency passenger heart attack
No go around
Tricky part in the sim check is to strictly follow the speed and altitude bug 5000ft and not 5020ft Same for speed 220kts and not 222kts during airwork

Got positive call 1 week after.
Good luck !

ROKVIATOR
12th Jan 2018, 12:01
Well done mate :D
About the questions on the 737, isn't it too much for a non type rated or something? I think it is too much for someone who has never flown a 737, isn't it?
About your procedural, what did you do?

Thanks for the feedback!

femalepilot98
12th Jan 2018, 12:11
Hi guys,
Thought I'd give you some feedback from my process with RYR. Have a series 2 in groundschool, partialled the IR and first time pass on the CPL. I applied on the 17/10, got the email saying they'd phone me on the 20/11 and had the phone call two weeks later. Nothing tricky, just asked about hours and resits, then had to wait for them to phone the airline to discuss my application, but they phoned back within half an hour and offered me as assessment on the 3rd Jan.

Everyone was out of BXH on the Trent 4D SID, and the assessor goes through the plates in the morning to make sure everyone is happy with them and how to fly it. We were also briefed for the hold as the other assessor liked making candidates do them. Anyway, we weren't assessed until the afternoon so we had a fair while to go through the plates with our partners, and to go through the take off and saftey brief as they don't want you to do this in the sim.

I was PF first. Set up and briefed for the SID. We took off and I accidentally asked for 090 to be bugged instead of 009. PM didn't pick up on it so we ended up flying 090 until I realised it was wrong and turning back onto 009. Didn't take us long to reintercept that radial, so I don't think we'd flown in the wrong direction for long. We then were given a couple of turns and climbs to do before the assessor asked my partner where we were on the plate. I then passed over control for me to point out our location on the map. My emergency was an uncontrollable fire in the galley so I handed over control, did a DODAR and NITS after deciding to return. Did the set up and approach brief, took control, ended up 200ft low at the platform altitude, but I don't think PM was being very active as the assessor was telling me 'altitude'. Anyway, ended up getting a GPSW of 'too low gear' for some reason on the approach, so PM called go-around so we did. Was repositioned on a 3 mile final to land, ended up bouncing and veered off to the right (slightly off the runway.) That was the end of my sim. Me and the PM started debriefing straight after the landing of what went wrong during the SID which I think the assessor liked, and he joined in on the debrief too.

We swapped seats, the PF didn't rebrief SID, but I mentioned that as we'd already messed up the first one that it could be a threat to happen again. We took off, did some more climbing a descending before the being told by ATC that Dublin was closed due to a security threat. PF did a DODAR whilst flying the plane, decided back to land at BHX. Called ATC who told us to turn direct to the beacon and to let them know when we had. Started turning and for some reason, PF asked me to do the NITS brief for him. Called ATC after to let them know we were inbound to the beacon, they gave me a really long clearance to fly outbound of the beacon on 180 and to report radial established. Turned to the PF to tell him this, he was going to give me control to do the approach brief but by this point we were 1.5D from the beacon so I suggested it wasn't really a sensible time to hand over control. He asked me to set up for the ILS which I did, but I also mentioned that as we were outbound we really needed to start getting flaps in and try stable (at this time he was still trying to intercept 180). By the time we had flap 5 in, we were vectored onto our final intercept heading for the ILS so he didn't have time to brief for the ILS, to which he said was I happy with the brief from before. Anyway, came down the ILS, I thought I saw a truck on the threshold as we passed over it and called go around (according to the assessor there wasn't anything there so that was my bad) anyway, was repositioned on a 3 mile final and he landed fine and that was the end of the sim. The assessor was very friendly and gave us advice and tips during the sim (like when going visual how often to look in and out).

Interview wise, I got a right grilling. The sim assessor is the interviewer. Most interviews were done within 10-15 minutes with 4/5 questions on tech. Mine lasted nearly half an hour and I was asked the following questions: what needs to be kept ice free on a 737, where does the warm air come from to melt the ice (I said the compressor then he started asking how hot the engine gets. I said around 1000 degrees and he said so how do we cool that down so it doesn't melt the wing? He was getting at the hot air is taken from the front of the compressor but he basically guided me to the answer) pressurisation on the 737 and when you need extra oxygen on an unpressurised aircraft, what the crews first actions during a depressurisation should be, time of useful consciousness, DA42 cruise speed and how long it would take to fly a distance, the freezing level for the day, calculating a cross wind, he also asked if the SEP I had flown recently was fuel injected or not. I said no and that the issue was carburettor icing which I said was caused by the Venturi and needed carb heat to melt it. Got asked a fair few questions on the training side, my series 2 for ground school. Asked what I thought of Simtech, whether I had heard any bad reviews and if there was anything I would warn future students about. Asked if I had an extra sim session and who my instructor was, there was a load more HR questions but they were really easy and straight forward so I can't remember them. The interview was really laid back and was more of a chat than an actual interview.

Received the good news today with the TR starting on the 2nd April :)

Funny Username
13th Jan 2018, 14:28
femalepilot98

Were you allowed to use flight directors?

Fouga_GVA
13th Jan 2018, 16:27
FD only used during the SID. Once you level off, FD OFF.

u0062
13th Jan 2018, 21:36
Guys and Girls

There are many good companies recruiting at the moment.
Look for a company who will provide good terms and conditions.

Good Luck to you all.

lisa95
14th Jan 2018, 06:07
Interview on the 10th Jan, positive email on the 12th Jan.

Type rating should start on the 2nd of April.

Anybody knows when I can expect a second email explaining things further now? What can I start preparing already?

Thank you all, this forum has been of great help.

Skipname
14th Jan 2018, 10:29
What a delusional reply :ugh:

Let's see some of the T&C of this "great" company:
- Bogus self-employed contracts. Some pilot's houses in German bases were raided by police because they were accused of tax evasion.
- No medical or any other type of insurance.
- Charging you around €4.50 (not sure the rate at the moment) per flight hour for the simulator.
- Salary below the industry average, admitted by MOL himself.
- No union recognition. I know they said they will recognise them but they said many things before and never happened so I wouldn't hold my breath.
- Charging you around €32 000 for the type rating plus other expenses which in reality will make it to 40k + until your first pay check.
- The CEO is a bully and hates the crew. Manages the company by intimidation.
- Many pilots are leaving, forcing the company to cancel a large number of flights.

I could go on and on...... feel free to add to the list.

But don't worry fredbbr as long as you are in the pointy end none of that matters :ugh:

ROKVIATOR
14th Jan 2018, 11:07
what is the point on blaming the company and comparing it with many other? Do we know what's in it? Yes. Do we still want to work for them? For sure we ( I ) would. Is there any possibility of improving the contracts? No doubts, they are fighting for it. Discouraging people won't make anything but create a bad mood inbetween everyone.

Yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his :mad: any other company which, in fact, they are not even close to what "FR" is offering, as much as they do with "FR". Just to mention, when I say close, I mean not even 1500 euros per month ( and yes, european )

Skipname
14th Jan 2018, 14:16
We are all aware that there are worse companies to work for than Ryanair, however those companies do not have the power to set the T&C across the industry like Ryanair does, so most people ignore them because it doesn't affect them.

Discouraging people from joining Ryanair does a lot more good for the long term than just set a "bad mood". How are the crew that are fighting for better T&C gonna succeed in their pursuit if people such as yourself are so eager to accept the crappy deal that Ryanair is giving out?

I know that most people join Ryanair to get some experience and then leave for airlines with better T&C but with the rate Ryanair is expanding how long do you think those airlines with better T&C are gonna be around for.

I am already seeing the legacy carriers lowering the T&C because they can't compete with the low cost carriers, imagine what's going to happen in few years when Ryanair will have more than 500 aircrafts.

I do not work for Ryanair and normally I shouldn't care what happens there because no one is forcing anybody to accept the Ryanair deal but I do care because I know that if the current situation continues, in few years my company would have to lower the T&C or go out of business so I am doing everything I can as an outsider to support the crew's fight for better T&C.