PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

speed_alive_rotate
21st Apr 2015, 10:05
@Bearcat F8F

I would also love to know peoples experience or thoughts on how to get one of your three chosen bases, and if you actually ever do or how realistic it is to get one of the bigger bases for example Dublin , Stansted etc.
Any guys who have gone through the process able to share their experience??

annita
23rd Apr 2015, 23:25
anyone done the type the last year in AMS?

MatteoLIPH
25th Apr 2015, 08:32
Hi, i'm going to the assessment soon, do the references need to be an original copy with signature or just a copy?

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 14:28
Any news about RYAN and CTC?

Ryanair | CTC Wings (http://www.ctcwings.com/ryanair)

theiceman747
25th Apr 2015, 14:30
so, they will be taking all the pilots they need from CTC now??

Any info about it EC-DKN?.

If that's true it's just a shame.

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 14:34
I don't think so! CTC can't train 700 cadets even CTC+OAA+FTE can't! In my opinion it will be just like the type rating program with CAE but in Southampton (B737-800 FFS level D) under CTC!

theiceman747
25th Apr 2015, 14:56
Mate,

But OAA (Oxford) has a contract with RYR (they have priority in the interview, confirmed) and now CTC has another one, that lowers that number of 600-700 cadets they need per year to 500-400 (because they will take at least 100 from each school, CTC and OAA).

This does not look good for the rest of us... :=

Anyway i applied 10 months ago and still no call so.. :ugh:

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 15:27
Yes I you can apply if you have a fATPL!!! People I am a PPL and I understand the requirements they are pretty easy, look the web is like the CAE type rating!!!

Ryanair needs and will need a lot of pilots, 180 B738 coming in the following 5 years as well as 200 MAX between 2019-2024!! For this reason apart from CAE they will use CTC as they have a B737-800 FFS level D!!!

Of course the CTC cadets will have priority among the others!!!

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 15:31
The fact is that it doesn't make any sense the CTC page right now! Why they require an MCC if you have to apply for the ATP scheme....

theiceman747
25th Apr 2015, 17:05
I'm not a modular i did integrated.

180 737's yay, but 75 are for replacement so that downs the number to 100 NEW 737's till 2018, not 180 as you say.

100 till 2018 (3 yrs) will be more or less 30 new 737 per year (300 pilots) without taking into account the ones arriving for replacement.

300 pilots plus the one who leave for the sandpit you get more or less 600 pilots each year, but from this number substract the grads from OAA & CTC and you get 400 pilots hired that don't come from OAA & CTC.

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 17:45
Yes for sure! But remember that a massive number of FO after being 2 years in Ryan move to another career! This increase the number of pilots they will hire.

theiceman747
25th Apr 2015, 18:39
I agree Redbull.

A lot of folks leave by the sandpit when they can, but it's also true that the command upgrade is what everyone is targeting on FR before leaving, and that's 3 years at least.

As much they need 600 pilots per year, last news I had was 300 left RYR in 2014 year

btw, ECdkn, redbull when did you apply?

RedBullGaveMeWings
25th Apr 2015, 18:54
I'm still in training.

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 19:10
I am just a PPL + uk class 1 medical trying to suck as much as I can from the industry!

EC DKN
25th Apr 2015, 19:19
747 I am form Spain too AND personally I know 2 guys that have gone to FR this month (crappy english they have)! You must have to try Ryan they are hiring a lot!

theiceman747
26th Apr 2015, 18:59
Yeah hiring a lot sure,

Applied 10 months ago, still no notice for them.. their selection procedure is not what we call fair, as I know people being called just 2 months after applying, for others it takes ages to hear something..

Some buddies here been waiting for 1 year and other for more than 2 years, just have a quick look on the thread. Other people has stated here that have been called just 2 weeks after applying, any sense on this?

I thought like you when I finished my training nearly 1 year ago about RYR being the best option out there, but after times passes by you will start to realize (if you are not one of the lucky ones who get the call) that RYR doesn't have to be "the option" you should focus on... they don't call everyone.

have fun

EC DKN
26th Apr 2015, 19:30
Hey mate, of course I know that Ryanair is not the only option out there. But anyway, keep trying to update your application one day you'll find the light at the end of the tunnel. Vueling is another good option (as you are Spanish) once you reach the 300 factored hours (1000 h SE), a lot of instructors got hired last month.

theiceman747
26th Apr 2015, 21:06
ECDKN

Yeah I know, I just keep waiting for some more months and yeah been updating CAE profile each month.. hehe

Vueling is an option but you must have 1000 TT SE at least to go, i know personally lot of pals who have made it through after instructing. It seems it's so much easy to get in if you have few hundred hours on type, then the odds are on your favour. However, the contracts for a lot of people are seasonal (6 months) so it's not that great but it's a good option if not the best one in Europe for us thespaniards

Anyway its even hard to get a FI rating nowadays in as there's a FI on each corner on spain ready to fly for almost no pay !! Truth said.

We are too much people on this industry, truth has to be said. :rolleyes:

memories of px
28th Apr 2015, 09:48
A friend of mine,recently failed the sim, any idea if and when they can apply again?

nelsonmuntz
28th Apr 2015, 21:07
Hi I had my Ryanair assessment in Dublin the other day and wanted to pass on the info!
No major surprises , nice assessor and very helpful. Wal2t departure from LPL then climbs , turns , descents. Proceed to LPL NDB to a hold, fire in the rear toilet followed by a procedural ILS to a go around due vehicle on the runway and land off the second approach. My partner on the day wasn't too good so be careful and watch them carefully!
I did some preparation in a 737 sim at Weston airport in Dublin (http://www.simcheck.net) . The instructor is a line trainer and is very good and it's 450 for 2 hours.
The sim on the day of the check is a little different from a regular 737 but the pitch and power settings and the layout of the screens of the one in Weston was the same.
Hopefully I'll be posting with good news soon.

Mark0505
29th Apr 2015, 06:39
Hi guys,

I had the Ryanair assessment as well around 1 week ago and i experienced quite the same things of the guy who posted before me.
Luckly, i found a good parter and so we made a great team in the cockpit.
Personally, I can recommend the DastyflySim flight simulator near Bergamo LIME/BGY (Italy): Simulatore di volo| Dasty Fly sim (http://www.dastyflysim.com)
They have really experienced and professional instructors with a great Boeing 737-800 sim (180 degrees projection). The price is also quite cheap as the price is around 65 euros per hour.
Still waiting for the answer! Fingers crossed!! :)

speed_alive_rotate
29th Apr 2015, 09:11
@nelsonmuntz: I see your location as Ireland, are you Irish or just living there? Best of luck I hope you get a positive call soon!!

nelsonmuntz
29th Apr 2015, 13:47
Hi , I'm living in Ireland but not Irish

sdk20
29th Apr 2015, 15:50
Hi, Has anyone got any info from assessment last week in Dublin ?

Hercules79
29th Apr 2015, 19:46
For guys that should attend course on 7 september in amsterdam i have created a group on facebook
Ryanair Type Rating CAE1514 – 07 Sep 2015
Join the group and we can share the usefull info

aviationlover787
30th Apr 2015, 06:56
I had my assessment last week in dublin and got a reply couple of days ago, it was a positive response too!

aviationlover787
30th Apr 2015, 06:59
For those of you about to do the assessment day, for the one in Dublin its really relaxed and everything is explained to you on the day. They send you the briefing pack so make sure you know that off by heart. They like it when you know the SOP.

Pitch and power setting are explained but its 5 degrees and about 60-65% N1. We did the WAL2T from LPL and then a couple of turns before vectors for the ILS. Nothing too hard. Make sure you brief with your partner about what they expect from you as PM and PF as different schools teach different things!

Tech questions aren't too hard: What engine, icing, bypass ratio, swept things that kinda thing. Good luck!

nelsonmuntz
5th May 2015, 18:57
Hi , I got a positive response from Ryanair so just to say good luck to all and keep the faith:ok:

N9234V
6th May 2015, 14:19
I guess it was asked a lot of times, but: how long does it take to get a reaction to your sent answer with the CV?

onthekeys
6th May 2015, 15:39
Hi all

Sorry for my ignorance in not searching hard enough for the answers beforehand.

I'm looking at applying for FR, I have competed all requirements which they ask of you, along with completing an MCC & JOC. If anyone could answer the following questions I have it would be greatly appreciated, and I would owe you a beer for your help!

1) How often are the interviews and what are they like? From reading a few post about the sim assessment, is it full motion or fixed? And is it pot luck what candidate you are paired with?

2) How often are the TR courses running, and what time frame would I be expecting from Inteview to training to Working?

3) What is the current T&Cs which they are offering new starters? Hourly Pay, Annualy Leave (pay), current tax policy, Basing (I would prefer STN base as I live very close, what are my chances of getting it)

4) What are they like to work for? Current roster, guys that work there, morale?

5) We are expecting a child in late August, will they be flexible with paternity leave, or anything of the sort?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

PURPLE PITOT
6th May 2015, 15:42
You are a bit late. They have just done a deal to take the next 700 pilots from CTC.

onthekeys
6th May 2015, 15:48
It says on their website there still taking Cadets!

Says nothing about CTC

EZY_FR
6th May 2015, 17:34
Wouldn't you be better off asking these questions or look for them in the Ryanair thread?

onthekeys
6th May 2015, 18:21
Ryanair
Hi all

Sorry for my ignorance in not searching hard enough for the answers beforehand.

I'm looking at applying for FR, I have competed all requirements which they ask of you, along with completing an MCC & JOC. If anyone could answer the following questions I have it would be greatly appreciated, and I would owe you a beer for your help!

1) How often are the interviews and what are they like? From reading a few post about the sim assessment, is it full motion or fixed? And is it pot luck what candidate you are paired with?

2) How often are the TR courses running, and what time frame would I be expecting from Inteview to training to Working?

3) What is the current T&Cs which they are offering new starters? Hourly Pay, Annualy Leave (pay), current tax policy, Basing (I would prefer STN base as I live very close, what are my chances of getting it)

4) What are they like to work for? Current roster, guys that work there, morale?

5) We are expecting a child in late August, will they be flexible with paternity leave, or anything of the sort?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

LandingConfig
6th May 2015, 18:22
There are thousands of exisiting posts on here that will cover all of your questions. Your best bet for the assessment is the Ryanair assessment thread like you mentioned. It has page after page of experiences and advice.

Re the bases, from what I gather it's very unlikely you'll be based in the UK let alone STN.

onthekeys
6th May 2015, 19:44
I thought an STN base would be quite easy to get. With it bring one of to he largest

PURPLE PITOT
6th May 2015, 19:53
Ok, thats it. I'm calling "troll"

Dash8driver1312
6th May 2015, 21:05
Hey, I too would like to work for the worst conditions possible, what other airline can screw me over and make me feel worthless?

plikee
8th May 2015, 08:47
You are a bit late. They have just done a deal to take the next 700 pilots from CTC.

Whoever told you that is a complete idiot. Where did you read that? Are you trying to say that Ryanair will take a year of cadets from CTC only? That means roughly 1400 CTC cadets to get an assessment lol

They will take cadets, yes, not 700, it's about roughly 100 per year, maybe more maybe less, and yes, the big change is they will be a train provider to RYANAIR cadets, not CTC cadets :ok:

speed_alive_rotate
8th May 2015, 13:51
I would always read a little more into CTC comments, i also don't believe they will solely be supplying FR for the next few years. I do believe their cadets will be at a huge advantage but I think cadets around Europe will still be called as per norm. CTC marketing Debt deserve a raise for sure hahaha!!

RedBullGaveMeWings
8th May 2015, 14:23
As far as I know, Ryanair have been recruiting CTC trainees (both integrated and modular) since forever with FTE and OAA trainees. It just seems they will be a third training location for the type rating course: Amsterdam, East Midlands and Southampton.
It seems it has to do only with training capacity.

EC DKN
8th May 2015, 14:54
CTC&OAA&FTE together do no have the capacity to fill the needs of RYANAIR! Ryanair will have a huge demand for pilots during the following years! As RedBull said the CTC agreement is just like the CAE OAA they will use their premises for the type rating courses and CTC cadets will be called first! That's all! OAA integrateds are paying twice the price for being called sooner than modulars, now the CTC folks as well!

Nothing new!

RedBullGaveMeWings
8th May 2015, 15:26
When I say training capacity, I mean places where they run their type rating course. Not cadets. I did not say CTC cadets will be called first. There might be some preference maybe, same story with OAA and CAE academies, but modular guys will still have their share of chances.
They recruit from all over Europe, not just from UK schools.

Urbe Aero in Rome trained many pilots in Italy that now fly for Ryanair for example. And Urbe isn't the only school in Italy that has a good number of Italian past students now flying for Ryanair.

EC DKN
8th May 2015, 15:37
RebBull so same opinion on that! :ok:

michael93
8th May 2015, 16:45
Anyone with recent selection experience? Received email 30th of April, replied one day later, and since then no response.
Here in forum are just posts, where is stated 2-3 days till response, and guys meanwhile used to receive mail confirming, that their cvs were sent to RYR for aproval.
For me absolutely nothing. Is it because of huge number of guys they are assesing these days? Thank you guys for any info.

Boldpilot2000
8th May 2015, 17:14
Don't worry they will come back to you.

theiceman747
10th May 2015, 15:40
10 months waiting since applying.

Don't know how much time i'm going to wait for them to call me, anyone else in the same situation? a little bit frustrating...

I know they don't owe a interview to anybody but :mad:, know people been called in less than 2 months. :ugh:

plikee
10th May 2015, 17:27
Don't know how much time i'm going to wait for them to call me, anyone else in the same situation? a little bit frustrating...

I know they don't owe a interview to anybody but , know people been called in less than 2 months.

I waited nearly 3 years. One guy in the interview waited 5 years. A guy in this thread sent his CV, was waiting for an answer but they took long and he decided to e-mail them again, got rejected straight after. Patience is the key, remember! People that have been called so early are CAE OAA students or were just lucky

mateusz
11th May 2015, 15:43
Hi,
Has anyone asked the SIM assessor if they can fly with PFD/ND mode instead of EFIS if both you and your SIM partner are more used to that?

If EFIS mode is used only to facilitate for people without any B737 experience it may not be a problem?

Thanks

plikee
11th May 2015, 16:14
maciekish this is what you'll get:

http://www.sim4pilots.be/images/display.png

http://xhsi.sourceforge.net/ND_mode_VOR_CTR.png

The only thing you can ask is to get your PFD as the basic T if you're not familiar with the PFD of the 737.

You will get flight directors for your departure only but don't forget to set it up otherwise it will confuse you.

Skydreamer1
11th May 2015, 16:59
@nelsonmuntz What did you have your address on your application as? Your home address in your home country or your Irish address?

mateusz
11th May 2015, 18:34
@plikee have the procedures changed? What you describe is the regular PFD/ND layout which im familiar with. But i have heard Ryanair uses the EFIS (Southwest) style layout only for the assessment. Maybe there was a misunderstanding in my question?

Photon85
11th May 2015, 18:52
They used the EFIS style panel in Stansted when I was there. From what I've heard, maybe they use the regular type in Ireland, but I'm not sure.

Might be that they changed it in STN as well, it is after all about 6 months since I was there.

Something like this:

https://theflyingengineer.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/efis_style.jpg

Does any airline actually use this setup?

Jwscud
11th May 2015, 19:01
It was designed (like a lot of useless crap on the 737) for SWA so pilots could just step from the Classic to the NG without any crosstraining as the primary flight instrumentation was the same.

I believe that SWA may no longer use it though.

plikee
11th May 2015, 19:04
I was in Dub 6 months ago too as it was as I said. Sot sure about STN. Anyway, if you get an assessment, you'll get the briefing pack and it will say there :ok:

joaofigueiredo
12th May 2015, 15:52
Hi annita

Can you send me the facebook group for the CAE 1512??

thank you

12th May 2015, 18:40
Quote: I know they don't owe a interview to anybody but , know people been called in less than 2 months.
I waited nearly 3 years. One guy in the interview waited 5 years. A guy in this thread sent his CV, was waiting for an answer but they took long and he decided to e-mail them again, got rejected straight after. Patience is the key, remember! People that have been called so early are CAE OAA students or were just

That's me Unfortunately, I couldn't have waited. :\
Now I am back at the starting point.

theiceman747
12th May 2015, 21:53
So after requesting your CV and sending them, just because they lasted a lot of time and you tried to get in contact asking if everything was going well with your application you got a PFO letter? Really? Bad point for Ryanair... :ugh:

Anyway we all know who we are dealing with when applying with them. They're not EK for sure.

Bearcat F8F
13th May 2015, 08:45
For anyone interested:

Had an assessment 2 weeks ago.

Sim: EMA non-standard departure, airwork, tracking an NDB inbound, entering hold over NDB, emergency - I got a medical emergency, my sim partner a galley fire. Then ILS intercept, once visual G/S and LOC out, land visually.

Interview: I had the good cop, bad cop arrangement.

Tech questions:
-Jetstreams
- Anti-icing/ de-icing
- Carb ice and carb heat
- What is Mcrit, why is it good for it to be high
- Why do we fly at Mach Number

HR:
- Why Ryanair
- Why did I go to my flight school
- How did I get on with my instructors
- How did I pay for training
- What will be the most challenging aspect if you join Ryanair

Out of 8, 5 of us made it, 3 didn't.

Good luck to all! See you on the flight deck!

pilot93
13th May 2015, 16:23
Hi!

Have you received any answer after sending CV already?

lordvaderr
13th May 2015, 17:50
Hello to everyone,

I´m 32 years old and with 1300 TT on multi engine piston, actually working as FI and CRI, I applied on January and I´m having my assessment on 26th of May, does anyone here is invited for the assessment that day? Please send me a private mail, I have booked two hours simulator session in Dublin for the 25th of May.

Good luck for everyone and just have patience. :ok:

13th May 2015, 22:54
@Inaere: don't judge too early, not everybody is lucky as you that you probably have a date for assessment.

First I got the famous email asking for CV which I sent immediately.
After a week or so I received another email stating that the CV a was sent to the airline (Ryanair) for approval and that they received the answer and that they will try to call me (in the email were written days and times).

My phone was working, and also voicemail, I asked to a friend to call me from abroad to check if I could receive calls or not.

Well, I never been contacted and I also spoke with a guy in the same situation.
We waited until the last day and still no call.

The other guy emailed them saying that we was waiting for their call and reminded them his contact number. 5 (FIVE!!!!!) minutes after he got the call and a date for assessment.

I waited 10 minutes and I did the same, but of course no call.
The second day I sent another email with written that I didn't receive any call in the days they said, but of course no answer.

A couple of days after I got the email that they reviewed my application and they regretted to inform me that they won't proceed with my application, and they wish me success in my future aviation career.

They can take their wishes and stick them inside their ass.

As the days passes I believe more and more that being a pilot became more a hobby for rich people, and people who really worked hard for it they have no choices thanks to companies like CAE/Ryanair.

I worked since the age of 15 to make money to get licenses but still now I have a license which is worthless without a job.

But as I always did I won't give up, I will keep working hard and one day finally get what I deserve.
And is the only advice I can give:
If you really want your dream to become true, work hard, don't give up,if you have to sell your soul to the devil, well DO IT ! If you have to be bad to someone, then BE ! Because in this world and especially in aviation nobody is your friend.

Good night and good luck to everybody.

PS: Sorry but I am a bit frustrated because of this :mad: situation.

Pittslover
13th May 2015, 23:28
Reapply with a second account.

a volar
14th May 2015, 10:33
Hey,

I would like to ask you a question....
Yesterday I received the call from Cae and I passed the phone interview.The lady told me that my assesment wil take place in Dublin 2 June.Shetold me also that they will send me an email with the payment details and simulator assesment profile.My question is???

How long it takes to receive the email from Ryanair after being success at the phone interview with Cae?

Thanks a lot

a volar
14th May 2015, 12:03
please...someone knows how long it takes to get the email from ryanair with the assesment details after the success phone call from CAE? i passed my phone interview yesterday with Cae but I am still waiting for the email from Ryanair with the asessment details.

Can anyone answer that question?

Thanks a lot

pilot93
14th May 2015, 14:02
Hi!

As far as I know they take 3/4 days to send you that e-mail, it was the same with all my colleagues that made it through the phone interview.
Can you please answer me some questions, please? How long did you wait between the e-mail telling that your cv went for approval and the next e-mail with the schedules for the phone call? I'm still waiting for that e-mail with the schedule since Monday.
And, how many subjects you took for a 2nd attempt, did they ask that?

Thank you

pilot93
14th May 2015, 14:18
If someone else could help it would be great, thanks!

ikarus0612
15th May 2015, 10:08
Hello,

for me its the same. Received the "CV sent to ryr for approval" Mail on Monday and still waiting for response.
But I think that CAE Recruiting staff is maybe not in their office today.
So maybe it will be next Monday for us.

EC DKN
15th May 2015, 20:07
The main problem here is the quantity of post that some people have on Pprune! If your first post on PPRUNE is asking for RYANAIR assesment means that you haven't made any research before starting pilot training!!

I am stunned with so many trainee pilots knowing almost nothing about the industry! Specially the youngest ones!

Words from a PPL!

MatteoLIPH
16th May 2015, 06:10
Hi, interview on 12th may. We started from sim session, non standard departure, turns/climb/desc with a specific rate. While entering the hold smoke and fire. We came back after dodar nits etc. Ils, failure of loc/gs, we were visual so we landed. Interview very fast, talk about yourself, how your instructors was, how many, biggest obstacle if youll join our company...tech was about critical engine,vmcg, anti ice and de ice, mda/da, how many seats on 737,who decides it (eu ops).

Got an email yesterday from mcginley aviation to say that i was successful and to decide when to start TR course.

Fell free to ask..

18th May 2015, 18:08
Hey Guys, I received again the e-mail asking for CV after applying.

This time I will try to pass through the process, hoping that they will call on time, and not let me wait I've last time.

Last time by sending e-mail I got refused application

Anybody has experience with reapplying and how did you do ?

What should I answer to last question ?

Is not the first time I am applying but as well I NEVER have been to an assessment.

I am confused, any advice is welcome.

Bearcat F8F
18th May 2015, 19:59
Hello guys, I made a fb group for anyone on the CAE1516 course in AMS. Please join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722795711281141/

mateusz
19th May 2015, 07:43
Hi, do you get any kind of guarantee of a job before you start the type rating course and pay them a bunch of money? If not, is there a round figure of how many people actually get a job after the type rating?

Thanks

pilot93
19th May 2015, 10:40
Hi!

You only proceed with the payment after you sign a job contract, so, no problem with that ;)

pilot93
19th May 2015, 10:42
Hi!

Does anyone know if they have any maximum retakes on ATPL THEORY requirement?
Do they allways ask for that on the phone interview?

Thanks!

FO200
19th May 2015, 11:52
Hi everyone! There is FB group for anyone on the CAE1514 course in AMS. Join here: CAE1514 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1559155631015340/)

michael93
19th May 2015, 13:16
Hi,
anyone going to assessment on 3rd of June? PM me...

plikee
19th May 2015, 20:07
You only proceed with the payment after you sign a job contract, so, no problem with that

pilot93, I don't know who told you that but that it's not true! You may be lucky in getting your contract before paying but most of the people don't.

You have to pay for your type rating 4 weeks before and sometimes you just get your employment contract after that. No worries, you'll get it before you start the type BUT maybe not before the payment.

lux_altea
19th May 2015, 20:10
Yes, I have the assessment the same day as you have it.

ikarus0612
20th May 2015, 06:49
For me its the same - going to fly to Dublin for Assessment on 3rd of June. :ok:

mateusz
20th May 2015, 10:00
How long does it usually take from phone call to assessment? One week? One month? I have a one week- and then a three week vacation trip coming right up around the corner :(

michael93
20th May 2015, 10:29
Couple of us got 3rd of June after phone call on 19.05. but there are also some, which are going also on 3rd of June and received phone call one week earlier.

mateusz
20th May 2015, 10:56
Thanks.

Any idea of the total cost of the assessment except for the flight in? Im thinking hotel, average food, any and all fees etc.

Bearcat F8F
20th May 2015, 22:29
CAE1515 cadets starting 21st September please join the fb group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652250058241964/

ArmApp
21st May 2015, 09:38
Is there any age limitiation for cadets?

pattaucor
23rd May 2015, 13:59
I have been called for the assestment at the beginning of June. I am trying to do the payment but it looks as it is not working.
Anyone can help me or has the same problem?

mateusz
25th May 2015, 19:33
Can i please take some more time of whoever has been successful?

1) How much did the entire TR cost you until first paycheck? That is including hotels during the TR, hotel during the line training etc.

2) How long did it take you from started TR to making your first $?

Thanks a lot!

cefey
25th May 2015, 22:06
Hei there,

What is the policy with 2nd chance with Ryanair? Is it just to apply through CAE? Did anyone got invited for 2nd interview?

Cheers!

AMS
26th May 2015, 13:23
Second chance? Yes - many have had them and been successful.

I believe Ryanair operates a fair policy - so no canvassing through your network yet they will call people for the 2nd time whilst there are many who have not been called for years.

which is pretty fair :ugh:

peter_alaban
26th May 2015, 23:24
Hello members,

i would like to ask you if Ryanair do contact the flight academy or if the school report is enough. I graduated from a small academy and they reply to emails with a huge delay.
Is the school report enough or i should worry of my school replying after long time or even ignore the email?

nelsonmuntz
27th May 2015, 15:25
@skydreamer1 I didn't use my Irish address, I've heard about the veto on Irish applications so I said I would not!

Hi I had my Ryanair assessment in Dublin the other day and wanted to pass on the info!
No major surprises , nice assessor and very helpful. Wal2t departure from LPL then climbs , turns , descents. Proceed to LPL NDB to a hold, fire in the rear toilet followed by a procedural ILS to a go around due vehicle on the runway and land off the second approach. My partner on the day wasn't too good so be careful and watch them carefully!
I did some preparation in a 737 sim at Weston airport in Dublin (http://www.simcheck.net) . The instructor is a line trainer and is very good and it's 450 for 2 hours.
The sim on the day of the check is a little different from a regular 737 but the pitch and power settings and the layout of the screens of the one in Weston was the same.
Hopefully I'll be posting with good news soon.

commingthrough
27th May 2015, 21:10
Hi all,

I was just wondering who else will be in Dublin on the 9th of June for an assessment?

CRJK
28th May 2015, 11:24
Hi everyone,

If anyone is in CAE1513 AMS 31st August I´ve created a Facebook group and you are more than welcome to join us! :ok:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1548623278724272/

manolotelo
28th May 2015, 13:26
Hi guys, i just finish my MCC at Simtech about 1 week ago, and also applied for Ryanair, by any chance any of you can send me the assessment pack that Ryanair send to you, so i can have a look :)

best luck for all :)

Nordavind
31st May 2015, 16:32
How long did you guys? Ive Applied for Ryanair 6 months ago trough cae, and havent heard anything! All of my collueges have been at the interview and we all have around 1000 hrs...

mateusz
1st Jun 2015, 11:37
Anyone going for the assessment at 16/6? Send a PM :)

plikee
1st Jun 2015, 20:07
Really? Would you lie? Don't come and cry after if you get disqualified or lost your money or your employment if they find out .. Which they will actually before you start

MatteoLIPH
3rd Jun 2015, 08:16
Anybody on the CAE1517 course?

CaptainDan
3rd Jun 2015, 18:14
Anyone else attending the assessment in Dublin on 24th June? PM me.

luftkutscher89
4th Jun 2015, 10:34
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624553164446639/?fref=ts

Hi...this is the Facebook Group for CAE1517. Cheers :D

MatteoLIPH
4th Jun 2015, 16:19
Thank you :)

Vilius Riduls
4th Jun 2015, 21:37
Anyone here for FR1514 in East midlands, September 28th?

Airpaul
5th Jun 2015, 15:53
Hello Vilius Riduls i will be 28th of September in EMA on my introduction week.
but my TR code is CAE1516 - 28-Sep 2015.Did you have your assesement on 21 april 2015 ,my simpartner was from Lithuania:)

ikarus0612
8th Jun 2015, 15:05
Hey guys .

Somebody got results for last week (2nd and 3rd of june) ?

andrO
9th Jun 2015, 09:33
If anyone for FR1514 type rating in East Midlands on the 28th September, your are welcome to join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136155083067338/

David1991
9th Jun 2015, 11:13
Have my assesment coming up and a question concerning setting thrust on takeoff...They want you to be PIC when PF...does that mean that I ll be responsible for thrust during the whole takeoff or only until TOGA is pressed? :ugh:

pudoc
9th Jun 2015, 14:18
I wouldn't over think it. They will be looking for CRM and handling not SOPs.

David1991
9th Jun 2015, 15:01
Sure...still be happy to know how other did it.

Urissen
9th Jun 2015, 20:10
You'll be the PIC when PF. They will tell you to handle the thrust lever in such way you feel confortable but you'll have to state it during the briefing.

A50
9th Jun 2015, 22:05
If anyone is attending the 17th of June assessment feel free to send me a message! :)

bulk_head
10th Jun 2015, 06:36
It seems that now you must prove academic reference instead of the two personal references. I understand that it should be a high school/university reference, isn't it?

ikarus0612
10th Jun 2015, 07:27
Hey guys .

Somebody got results for last week (2nd and 3rd of june) ?

michael93
10th Jun 2015, 08:25
Nothing yet.

David1991
10th Jun 2015, 11:34
Buldhead..which briefing package do you have? may depend whether you allocated to dublin or ema

pilot93
10th Jun 2015, 14:35
Nothing yet...

Ced_73
10th Jun 2015, 14:44
Nothing yet as Well!!!

MatteoLIPH
10th Jun 2015, 14:54
In their briefing it says that PF will handle thrust levers and thats what i've done but its really hard and i had difficulties in keeping centered the airplane while adjusting thrust (i was the first of the day and first PF so i made it how it was described but then my PM, as PF, wanted me to adjust thrust).

So i suggest to brief with the PM that you will advance thrust levers and the he will adjust thrust.

For references i've brought 2personals, 1Training from FTO and 1 "Academic" from FTO as i din't want to let my boss know that i was doing this..

Hope it helps..

aviator_88
11th Jun 2015, 19:50
hey guys,

any info on interview for direct entry FOs???
(technical and sim)

shinners
12th Jun 2015, 12:43
hi
they told me they sent my info to the airline and if positive, they will contact me again.....
usually how long does it take??

any suggestion??

CaptainDan
12th Jun 2015, 15:41
Hi Shinners,

It was a week for me.

M.sam
12th Jun 2015, 17:39
Hello everybody!!

First of all thank you all for posting all this useful information, it helped me a lot.

I wanted to share what happened to me and see if somebody can help me.

So, I received the famous email asking for my CV from CAE after 1 week of applying. I answered all the six questions and sent my CV the next day. The next week I receive an email saying that my CV has been sent to RYR for approval. After 2 weeks and 2 days I receive another email from CAE saying that my application was unable to proceed...
I really don't know what I did wrong or what went wrong. I don't even got the chance for the phone interview... (23 y/o, 176 hours, MCC, JOC, 4 languages, first time passes, 90% average score...)

I created another account and wanted to know, if I receive another email from CAE asking for my CV, what should I say regarding the last question? It is not my first time applying but I did not get the chance to fail the call the first time either.

Also, should I include my references in the CV? I included them the first time I sent the CV but I don't know that's what was wrong maybe...

Thank you all in advance and good luck.

pilot93
13th Jun 2015, 07:06
Stay still, have a little patience

michael93
13th Jun 2015, 10:28
Small assessment details...

Interview:
A lot of HR questions, but nothing about RYR, 738 or my last aircraft, just one tech. question - swept wings. Total time aprox. 15-20 minutes

SIM:
Liverpool - Wallasey 2T SID - turns, climbs, accelerations - holding entry, when entering emergency - one holding circuit - ILS
No stopping as for some of guys.

ikarus0612
13th Jun 2015, 21:00
I also want to write some details 'bout my assessment.

First we got a briefing about the whole day and what will happen to us. We were able to decide who wants to go first for SIM and Interview.

HR questions:
- Tell us about yourself
- Why RYR
- Hardest decision in your life
- why did you choose your flight school
- how many instructors

Tech:
- Airbus - Boeing
- Previous aircraft electrical sys
- lenticularis clouds

SIM:

Liverpool - WAL2T Dep - climb/descent/acceleration/deceleration - QDM interception - holding entry - smoke in the cabin - ILS Approach - LOC/GS fail in VMC

Pretty the same as PM .. just once assessor froze the sim and we had to tell him our exact position on the approach plate.

Got positive call and now I'm really looking forward to the TR.

Good luck for you all :)

Ezim
15th Jun 2015, 12:01
Hello Annita,

I'm also in the CAE1512 type rating course. Can you invite me into the Facebook group. .
Thank you in advance.

anashimmy
15th Jun 2015, 16:11
Hi all

Got called today, interview+sim set to the 1st of July in Dublin.

Anyone going on the same day feel free to PM. I'd like to do a sim session the day before, someone to partner up and split expenses would be great :)

pilotstd
16th Jun 2015, 21:22
Wish you tha best!
When did you sent you application and how many days notification prior assesment did you asked for?

anashimmy
17th Jun 2015, 01:06
I really don't remember because I applied about 5 years ago when I finished my ATPL..

pilotstd
17th Jun 2015, 03:31
I really don't remember because I applied about 5 years ago when I finished my ATPL..

5 years?????
I applied 2 weeks ago so by 2020 I hope they will invite me!

Other guys have you waited so long time too?

Anthony92
17th Jun 2015, 10:57
Good evening to all...

I'll wait for the telephone interview with Ryan...

Any recent experience?

I know that ask somethings about license, MCC etc...

What does they ask about yourself?

i already read that sometimes they read a story and ask you something about it...

Someone know something about?

Thanks a lot!

MatteoLIPH
17th Jun 2015, 11:25
i've been called 10 days after the application so don't worry, be patient...

golfyankeesierra
17th Jun 2015, 12:31
Telephone interview? How can they charge you for that? Oh, wait a minute, it'll probably be a collect call.. :}

Sorry couldn't resist, good luck with your interview.:ok:

JohanP
17th Jun 2015, 12:35
Applied more than 3 years ago and still nothing... There are no rules man, 1 day after, 1 week, 6 months, 5 years, maybe never...

Goproflyer
18th Jun 2015, 08:19
I too applied for a couple of years ago and haven´t heard anything. I talked to a RYR Pilot yesterday and he gave me the tip of applying again with a different email. Is that allowed? hold you remove the old application first? Just want to make sure that if I remove it I will be able to reapply.

16Jay22
18th Jun 2015, 11:39
I know a few people who have done this and have had calls within a week of reapplying through a different email address. Log into the CAE website and go to the Ryanair Program, about 1/3 page down on left hand side you will see 'Click here if you no longer wish to be considered for this position'

Grumbler
21st Jun 2015, 19:44
Hello Guys

Can somebody tell me the exact price for the type rating with Ryanair/CAE?
I know the CAE website says 29,500€ excluding VAT, but how much is the total expense including all VAT, taxes, fees, etc?
Thanks

plikee
21st Jun 2015, 20:50
If you have your Ltd. Irish company, you don't pay any VAT. Only €29.5k

pilotstd
22nd Jun 2015, 00:31
After applying through CAE website I received a mail stating that I have to send them my CV and apply to the following answers:
· The date when you completed your training?
· The date of your last SIM session (as entered in your log-book)?

· The date of your last flight (your log-book MUST show the date of your last ACTUAL flight, not SIM)?
· Have you received your JAA/EASA Licence from the authorities?
· Have you completed your MCC course?
· Is this your first application to this program/airline?

So that means that I do NOT have to send copy of licenses, logbook, letter from school etc?

When they want to see if you have passed practical and theoritical exams on first attempt etc?

Pittslover
22nd Jun 2015, 03:31
You are correct, everything will be checked on the interview date.

A50
23rd Jun 2015, 18:47
I went to the assessment about a week ago and got the positive response today. Since this thread has helped me out I'm going to try to help you out.

I started with the interview where I was asked some HR questions:

-Why Ryanair?
-What qualities makes a good captain?
-What do your parents think about you chosing this line of work?
-What was the most important moment of your MCC course?
-What was the hardest decision in your life?

Then some technical questions:

-Why do aircraft have swept wings?
-What are some dangers with swept wings?
-How do we operate in lower speed ranges with swept wings?
-VFR vs VMC?
-What direction is the jetstream above this building traveling?
-Whats the minimum windspeed of a jetstream?
-What is a lenticular cloud?
-Where could you expec to find a lenticular cloud, and would you fly through it?

And a few more questions (I'll edit them in if I remember them).

For the simulator we took turns as PF and PM (45 minutes each) and flew the Wallasey 2T departure out of Liverpool, did some turns climbs and descents and finally smoke in cabin followed by ILS (with LOC/GS failure in VMC). Same for my partner.

A word of advice however, the interview was completely different for the guys that were at the assessment and you can expect it to be different every time. It's very random, so prepare yourself well.

The atmosphere was very relaxed and they made it very clear that we weren't competing against each other, but that they wanted us all to pass the assessment. My best tip is don't stress yourself out and stay positive.

Oh and bring something to eat, or you might be sitting there the whole day without anything to eat.

LX1
23rd Jun 2015, 19:57
Hi everyone,

are there any members around here starting their type rating on October 19th (CAE1518)?

regards

pilot93
24th Jun 2015, 10:05
Hi!

I´ve created a facebook group for CAE1518:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1448616715440697/

WingtipVortex
24th Jun 2015, 10:32
Would any of the guys who interviewed recently mind putting up a list of questions they were asked during the Tech/ HR interview please? Just to see if there is any differentiation between previous assessments. Thanks.

WV

Zodiak
24th Jun 2015, 14:33
Hello ,

I attended an assessment last week in Dublin and I would like to know if regardless of the outcome Ryanair/CAE contacts us with a positive/negative feedback ?

2 guys that attended the assessment on the same day that I did got a positive mail , but no one else heard anything .
Honestly don't know if they email people with negative feedback so if anyone knows I would apprecciate it .

Thanks in advance

Jaz110285
24th Jun 2015, 16:00
Hi everybody, I got the call and the date of assessment..but....

I AM ALREADY TR ON B-737 NG with zero hours......!!!!

I wrote it on my cv!!

I think they want me to pay another type rating course :ugh:

Anybody of you guys know about rated guys with zero hours hired from RYR in the previous years?

THANK YOU ALL!

plikee
24th Jun 2015, 16:54
Jaz110285,

Look at the page you applied, I don't think it mentions anything that if you're rated, you DON'T have to do a new type rating. You applied to a program that requires you to pay their type rating. Also, getting called for the assessment, doesn't mean you will make it through, careful. Not saying you won't, I hope you do of course but don't go with that attitude just because you're already rated. Do the assessment and ask them about your situation.

If you pass the assessment you may be placed in a OCC course instead but to be fair, I really doubt about it as you have 0 experience on type. Nevertheless, you will definitely undergo SIM sessions and, want it or not, you'll pay for it. Good luck for your assessment :ok:

anderse
24th Jun 2015, 17:03
If you have TR on 737 with less than 800 hrs, you would have to do the whole TR for full cost.
A friend of me did his TR on CAE a year ago - and now he is doing the RYR TR at CAE.....

However - if you complete Linetraining somewhere else, and gain 800 hours, you could apply thru direct entry F/O
http://corporate.ryanair.com/careers/pilot-recruitment/#737rated

Jetpipe.
24th Jun 2015, 17:35
Jaz110285 ,

That is why one should never do a type rating without a job connected to it! :=

Zodiak
24th Jun 2015, 17:41
Hello ,

I attended an assessment last week in dublin and would like to know if anyone knows if CAE/Ryanair says something either by email or call regardless of being a positive or negative answer .

2 of the guys that were there on the same day already got a positive email . But I haven't heard anything .

Can anyone confirm that in case they reject a candidate they warn .

Thanks

Jaz110285
24th Jun 2015, 18:13
Actually I did a type rating with a related job but...the aviation industry is so unfair... You cannot imagine guys.... Better if I don't say anything....!!!!!

Anyway I will go there without any attitude, I will have an assessment and see if my situation could be useful or not for them.

Meanwhile I will start to see how is an assessment, see what it's looks like..

mateusz
25th Jun 2015, 09:09
What does being allocated to a course in EMT mean by the way?

An email sent earlier said Amsterdam has a course starting 2/11, and my TR starts 2/11 but it says EMT which sounds like East Midlands.

Ideas?

ikarus0612
25th Jun 2015, 09:53
Hey :)

anybody here for CAE 1519 26th of October ?

KOS_Will
25th Jun 2015, 11:00
For the CAE1519 i just created a Facebook group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1595013284119626/

Anunaki
25th Jun 2015, 11:55
It's funny that I have read some comments here,saying that their email with the CV request stated dates and times they would call.Now mine only said my CV was submitted and I would be contacted in due course should I be successful ,so what is it?Is there two different emails going around ?also,that was just over a week ago ,9 days to be specific.How long has been the average waiting time for you guys ?thanks

mateusz
25th Jun 2015, 11:58
It's funny that I have read some comments here,saying that their email with the CV request stated dates and times they would call.Now mine only said my CV was submitted and I would be contacted in due course should I be successful ,so what is it?Is there two different emails going around ?also,that was just over a week ago ,9 days to be specific.How long has been the average waiting time for you guys ?thanks

Your CV has been sent to FR for approval. Once FR has approved your CV you will get dates for the phone call.

shinners
25th Jun 2015, 16:32
after 2 weeks waiting for the call, I've just received an email, they said the application will not go further.....

plikee
25th Jun 2015, 18:21
Anunaki

I was never sent an email with dates and times they would call me, only to keep my phone available afterwards. They called me at 7.40 in the morning, I was sleeping and they woke me up.. So if they give you specific times, cool, if they don't, just keep your phone with sound at all times.

I also told them I worked at the airport and in the ramp phones are not allowed in the case of I would not be able to answer, and to leave a voice message.

sinn
25th Jun 2015, 19:19
First of all a huge thank you for all the information and feedback. This thread is a big help!

I've got the call and I was told on the phone it will probably be the 15. of July. Anyone with the same date feel free to PM me. :ok:

Cheers

lux_altea
26th Jun 2015, 11:41
Hey :)

anybody here for CAE 1519 26th of October ?

Hi!
Yes, Im in CAE 1519
My name is Cristina!
Do you want to create a FB group?

ikarus0612
26th Jun 2015, 16:03
Sent you PM :)

pilotstd
26th Jun 2015, 20:10
do you find any particular reason for rejecting your CV?

WingtipVortex
26th Jun 2015, 21:18
First of all a huge thank you for all the information and feedback. This thread is a big help!

I've got the call and I was told on the phone it will probably be the 15. of July. Anyone with the same date feel free to PM me. :ok:

Cheers

Best of luck for your interview, Sinn. Would you mind letting us know your timeline of application .ie. When you sent your CV and how long it take for CAE to reply? Thanks

WV

N9234V
27th Jun 2015, 14:22
hi,

anyone here who got a fixed interview appointment recently? Only heard about presumable dates

regards

Wneku
29th Jun 2015, 12:10
Hi,
I just got invited for assesment in Dublin at 21st of July. If anyone have the same date of assesment or any other questions feel free to PM me :).

pilotstd
1st Jul 2015, 15:04
Have you been called from Ryanair for a short phone interview? If yes please inform about what you have been aksed, if they asked for a card to charge you and if they informed during the call about the assesment or you were informed some time after the call.
Well done buddy! Wish you the best!

rasfcivil
1st Jul 2015, 19:00
Hi Wneku,

Send me a PM please.Cheers

CaptainDan
1st Jul 2015, 20:36
Hi Guys,

I found it very useful reading about people's experiences at interview over the last few months and so just thought I'd post my recent experience in Dublin.

Simulator Assessment

The Airfield used was Liverpool and the SID was the WAL 2T off runway 27. The SID was cancelled shortly after intercepting the radial inbound to WAL. This was followed by a couple of turns onto various headings and speed changes. The sim was then paused and the assessor asked me to identify where we were on the approach plate.

The simulated emergency was a passenger on board with a heart attack and I had to discuss with my sim partner as to the best course of action. I was then given time to set up for the procedural ILS for runway 27. My sim partner was lucky enough to be given radar vectors! We landed off the approach with no go around.

MCC is key during the assessment and they're looking to see that you help each other along and spot each other's mistakes. This will not reflect badly on either party as long as someone spots it. After all that's why there are two crew members.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 20 mins and consisted of a mixture of technical questions and HR related questions. My interview was more heavily weighted towards the HR side.

Technical

1. What is V2
2. What is Screen Height
3. How are the flaps powered on a 737-800. What if this fails?

4. Crosswind Component. I.e if wind was 300/10 and runway direction was 27, what is the crosswind component.

The interviewer asked which aircradt I did my ME/IR on but I didn't get any questions on it.

HR

1. Why did it take 3 years to do my PPL
2. Can I fund a type rating
3. Tell me about Ryanair
4. Why did we order the 737 Max
5. Why does it have 197 seats and not 200. I said toilet or emergency exit

6. Why do you want to fly for Ryanair.

7. What other airlines have you applied for. I was honest and told them I'd applied to others but then said why Ryanair was a good fit for me. I was then asked if I'd say the same though if I was sat in front of another airline. I was honest and said yes!

8. What was the most difficult time during training

9. What challenges would you face if you took this position.

10. How did you find your flying instructors.

11. How did you think the sim went. How would you de brief it?

At the end they'll ask if you have any questions for them. They don't want to talk about themselves so I asked questions about the TR.

I received an email two days later advising that I was successful.

Hope this helps.

CD

pilotstd
3rd Jul 2015, 00:26
Is there any flexibility on the assessment day? I mean that is it possible to ask for a different day (later) than the one will be given on the phone call?

plikee
3rd Jul 2015, 09:47
Is there any flexibility on the assessment day? I mean that is it possible to ask for a different day (later) than the one will be given on the phone call?

Yes, if you provide a reasonably explanation. Once you paid the assessment fee, I don't think you can

sinn
3rd Jul 2015, 15:51
Hi Pilotstd,

they asked about licence, medical, valid passport, expiry dates and flight hours. Then I was asked to choose three favourite bases and in the end she told me about the probable date for assessment.

Nothing special, telephone interview lasted about 5min.

Anyone here with assessment on 15th of July?

pilotstd
3rd Jul 2015, 19:11
Did they give you any dates to choose for the assessment or it was fixed on 15th?
Also I am asking this to other guys. When you had the phonecall did they give you the opportunity to choose dates?
Probably I am waiting for a phonecall, if my cv will be accepterd, in the next days and as I have seen available dates are on 15th and 20th. Is it possible to choose another? Has anybody asked for another date than that or even have they given the chance to select one between some choices?

speed_alive_rotate
4th Jul 2015, 13:25
Thanks for such great feedback to all who have posted their experiences,
just to get some information regarding your 3 base choices when asked did any of you have a strategy, for example your home base first choice etc... and after you named your base choices did you get any feedback of the actual chances of getting any of your choices. Thanks guys be great to hear a bit on this topic and congratulations to all those successful thus far.
Regards SAR

plikee
4th Jul 2015, 13:53
SAR,

No feedback on bases. You will be asked again at your base training plus 2 base training bases.

I'm actually surprised that you guys got asked at the telephone interview any bases. I probably wouldn't answer because didn't have time to think about it

lolcake
5th Jul 2015, 10:03
So they have stopped asking about ATPL exam results?

muten
5th Jul 2015, 16:34
Hi all,

I did my interview a couple of years back and I have been flying with ryanair the last year. It is a great experience and I wish you all luck with your interview.

For those of you that pass the interview I would like to give you the advice I didn't get from anyone at that time, and I am deeply regretting.

When you pass, you'd be asked to choose and accountant from a specified list given, under any circumstance choose "Contracting Plus", former CXC. I repeat, do NOT choose to work with them.

It is basically a rip off, they don't help you at all and the information they provided is scarce and useless, up to the point where the people there contradicts each other, the revenue office and basic common sense.

In all this time I haven't found any other pilot who's happy with Contacting Plus, no one talks any good about them.

I hope this info helps the future cadets to choose better than I did.

Good luck!

Alew Crew
5th Jul 2015, 18:05
Hi everybody,

How long should we wait until be calling by the CAE ? i filled application three days ago.

Thanks
Alex

FSM101
6th Jul 2015, 00:33
I wish to know some things about Ryanair:
1.they prefer low timer pilots?
2.its obligatory to pass the theorical ATPL exams at first attempt?
3.what is the average salary the first years in the company?
4.its enough an ICAO 4? Or, they prefer an ICAO 5?

CL215
6th Jul 2015, 01:07
Hello all!

I am finishing the course, and I am looking for a place to do the MCC at...
Some people say if you do it at SIMTECH, it will helps you to get an interview with Ryanair, is it true? Some of you guys, did it and got a call from Ryanair?

Thank you in advance!

marcoBCN
6th Jul 2015, 13:10
I did my JOC training at Simtech and I've never been called by FR, a friend of mine did his MCC/JOC training there and he had an interview 3 weeks later

rasfcivil
6th Jul 2015, 18:13
Hello Guys,

Any one for the 21st of July up for some simulator practice the day before and to split the costs? PM if you are up to.Cheers

Take-Off05
6th Jul 2015, 18:32
hi all

got the email asking for CV etc. what kind of CV would work best? a standard one or an aeronautical one or a mix of them? also did you attach a pdf-file containing the CV to the mail with answers to the 5-6 questions?

i am aware that this email doesnt mean automatically an invitation, but just in case how flexible are the dates for an assesment? do u have a choice?

i applied minimum 3-4 years back.

thanks.

sinn
7th Jul 2015, 17:22
Hello everybody.

I've read and heard that it was necessary to provide four written references (flight school, work, two personal).

In my documents from the application process I can't find any note regarding this.

Has RYR recently changed the requirement to have only two references in addition to the flight school report?:confused:

written employment reference
academic reference (from my school teacher??)

Anyone can confirm?

anashimmy
7th Jul 2015, 22:28
Hello

First of all, thank you all for your reports on your assessments before, it was very useful.

I did my assessment at Dublin on the 1st of July and got a positive email today.

My HR interview was no different from the others on every page before on this topic, same questions also for what did I know about RYR etc. As I'm A320 Type Rated I had some technical questions about it. The number of generators and anti-icing system I was expecting. But also got some more complex questions, as if the RAT had anti-icing, and what was the altitude limit for the use of the APU (I honestly said I didn't know this two).

The sim was also the same as usual, but I must say it was pretty difficult to handle. I was not expecting that. I don't recall anyone mentioning it, so I wanted to warn you: it IS a thought handling sim! Be prepared for that so you don't forget your CRM because you're foccusing too much on the handling.

Good luck to all and see you soon hopefully :)

EDIT - I just created a Facebook Group: CAE1520-AMS, feel free to join if you're on this course

Andrewbsy
8th Jul 2015, 17:36
Hi everyone! Anybody for type rating CAE1521 in AMS?? :)

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/483734978472037/
Feel free to join!

EIPK
9th Jul 2015, 18:21
Hi I got the email today from CAE looking for my CV and Flight exam details. When putting in your ATPL results did anyone put the attempts of the exam as i have a fail but passed on repeat. What is the policy in ryanair with ATPL results does anyone no.

Thanks In Advance

k738
10th Jul 2015, 18:46
What experience do you have, swarm? I assume you have more than just the standard cpl w/200 hrs since you expect to be called for. If you get into an airliner straight from school, then you are lucky. Not many places other than Ryanair which offers that. I would not base my career on just that option. I see a lot of people talking about giving up because they didn`t get in with Ryanair. That is crazy.

AMS
10th Jul 2015, 19:00
Sorry Swarm I know the wait is hard and it's soul destroying and sometime it means that one may never get there...

But if 10 months is hard - try 3 odd years for me and there are others 5 years plus!!

Keep your options open - try everything - all you can do is wait and if they are too late then so be it.

There are other company's that are also decent and hiring.....

Best of luck

k738
11th Jul 2015, 13:50
The selection process seems a little unfair and random, I agree.. Tho, with 200 hours you are lucky if you go straight into the 737. I suggest keep updating ur application and instruct for a year or two, getting some more experience. You will have a better chance at the interview then, and also a better chance with other job opportunities.

CaptainDan
11th Jul 2015, 21:05
Hi

I've created a Facebook group for FR1516:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1627133890862006/?ref=ts&fref=ts

CD

PIER88
12th Jul 2015, 16:05
Hello,

any members here for this course?
there is a group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652250058241964/?fref=ts
so feel free to join if you're on this course.

best

pilotstd
13th Jul 2015, 09:24
Is anybody called for the assessment of 5th of August in Dublin??

flavioc
13th Jul 2015, 15:44
sent you PM

Goproflyer
14th Jul 2015, 10:17
How long did it take from when you sent your Cv until they answered /called?

flavioc
14th Jul 2015, 16:20
I applied 1 month ago and today got call with assessment date next week. 27 yrs, Portuguese, modular CPL+ME/IR+MCC at Global Aviation in Greece, first time passes, 97% ATPL, PhD in Physics

Jaz110285
17th Jul 2015, 14:11
Does anyone of you guys know if they give also a negative feedback via email??

I attended the assessment on the 14th July, some guys that were with me got a positive email...

I am still waiting...

THANK YOU

GLuis103
17th Jul 2015, 14:44
Hey there,

I attended the assessment on the 15th and got a positive answer this morning

GL

Reimsrocket
18th Jul 2015, 07:53
Is any one attending the assessment in Dublin, August 19th?

Jaz110285
18th Jul 2015, 13:19
Does anyone of you guys know if they give also a negative feedback via email??

I attended the assessment on the 14th July, some guys that were with me got a positive email...

I am still waiting...

THANK YOU

GLuis103
18th Jul 2015, 13:48
@Jaz they do send you an e-mail, regardless of it being a negative or positive answer. I know two guys who got a negative answer, both having received the e-mail 2 weeks after the assessment

GL

Jaz110285
18th Jul 2015, 14:11
Thank you GL!!!

Alexandru Popescu
19th Jul 2015, 13:44
Hey! I was invited for the assessment in 4th of August, in Simtech, Dublin

PeppyJeppy
19th Jul 2015, 23:19
Sent CV yesterday after request email.

Do CAE give you a time for when they will call for phone interview or do they just call any time?

Thanks

flavioc
20th Jul 2015, 08:54
they will advise you when your CV has been approved by the airline and give you a time window (~7 days) during which they will attempt to call you

lave20
20th Jul 2015, 16:57
Hi
Two weeks ago Ryanair sent me a mail asking for my CV. I have not yet replied because they didn't want me to reply before i have recieved my licenses from CAA. I called and asked and I will recieve my licenses sometime this week. Is it safe to wait and send them the CV as soon as i recive the licenses, or should i contact CAE and explaine to them why I havent replied yet? Is it okey to not reply since i haven't recieved the licenses yet, and that is what they asked me to do? :8

Pittslover
20th Jul 2015, 21:27
Its ok to not reply until you get your licence. Talking from personal experience.

lave20
20th Jul 2015, 23:04
So you don''t think I should contact CAE and ask them to be sure?

Paolins92
21st Jul 2015, 10:00
Its ok to not reply until you get your licence. Talking from personal experience.

same here: I have waited 2 weeks before replying and it went just fine.

plikee
21st Jul 2015, 14:01
Is it safe to wait and send them the CV as soon as i recive the licenses, or should i contact CAE and explaine to them why I havent replied yet?

I have not yet replied because they didn't want me to reply before i have recieved my licenses from CAA

Don't want to be rude or mean but you just answered your own question in the same post! Don't think too much, perform as directed, if you don't you may look unorganized. Good luck :ok:

Bearcat F8F
21st Jul 2015, 15:33
Anyone here starting in CAE1511 in AMS?

Can't find any groups on fb. PM if you are and we can create a group.

Cheers!

Paolins92
23rd Jul 2015, 18:10
Continuing list of facebook groups as per reply 5054 (http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged-253.html#post8934247) in this thread.

EMA:
FR1511 - 3 August 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/762579060507316/)
FR1512 - 17 August 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FR1512/)
FR1513 - 14 September 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1089567737736995/)
FR1514 - 28 September 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136155083067338/)
FR1515 - October 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/fr1515)
FR1516 - 23 November 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1627133890862006/)

AMS:
CAE1511 - 10 August 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/618154698317421/)
CAE1512 - 24 August 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/381788418670934/)
CAE1513 - 31 August 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1548623278724272/)
CAE1514 - 7 September 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1559155631015340/)
CAE1515 - 21 September 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/652250058241964/)
CAE1516 - 28 September 2015
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722795711281141/)CAE1517 - 5 October 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624553164446639/)
CAE1518 - October 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1448616715440697/)
CAE1519 - October 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1595013284119626/)
CAE1520 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1009552725745672) - CAE1520 - 2 November 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1468982300081817/) (2 groups)
CAE1521 - 16 November 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/483734978472037/)

marcoBCN
24th Jul 2015, 00:26
Guys did you recieved an email from CAE to chose 3 bases and update your application?

Airman655
25th Jul 2015, 13:20
It mentiones to re-submitt the application after the 28th if I understood the email correctly.

Does anyone know what 3 bases to choose or does it not matter?

PPRuNeUser0192
26th Jul 2015, 14:50
Does any one know where to fill in the preferred bases?

SetTOThrust
27th Jul 2015, 01:47
it seems like this email has been sent to the people who have attended the assessment once already and are getting another chance to re-apply.

Could you guys confirm that? because if that is the case than how long ago did you guys to the first assessment. I know a friend of mine received this email after one year failing his first interview and now is getting the opportunity to apply again.

Maybe others had to wait less than that...that is what i am trying to find out

The other option could be that you guys haven't attended the interview yet and CAE is just asking you to update your application with adding the 3 bases

Any clarification would be much appriciated

tow.pilot
27th Jul 2015, 03:52
Hi guys!

Well, I have never been into the assessment and I received as well this email from CAE...

The way I understand it is also to resubmit my application after the 28th... "as per" by just completing the 3 base empty boxes...

The questions from my side are:

1. When shall we do it? like... same 28th night or throught the 28th and on?
2. Which bases to choose and whether this selection will have and influence on their recruiting process? and if it is like this... what to choose, biggest bases, bases that will eventually grow? bases where nobody wants to be...

Anyway I think is just a lottery process and totally random... I am 1.5 months into the application and had several issues with the CAE platform doing my last part of the training at CAE and colls that never went there getting called in just 2 weeks with 0 expereince...

If I have any news I will let you know guys.

Regards

P.S This is my first post, just joined the family...

plikee
27th Jul 2015, 08:33
SetTOThrust,

It has been sent to everyone who is registered in the data base, including people who currently doing the type rating.

Good thing about this is the document upload, so you definitely can't have more than one account.

CaptFlyer
27th Jul 2015, 10:19
plikee,

I have applied around 3 months ago, and I have not received that email asking to update the application and select 3 bases. So only certain persons received that email, anyone know what the criteria is ? My guess would be that it was sent to old applications.

plikee
27th Jul 2015, 17:27
Quote from my email:

If we do not receive an updated application form from you which indicates your base preferences, your application will no longer be considered.

In the coming weeks, you might receive an additional email asking you to upload a number of documents.

That's why I said that, maybe they sent different emails but if they did, I find it weird.

CaptFlyer, I don't know but but still I would suggest you update your application after tomorrow, just in case :ok:

SetTOThrust
28th Jul 2015, 02:10
Thanks Plikee for your answer. I agree with Capt Flyer, it hasn’t been sent to everyone but probably to the old candidates. My friend who told me about the email falls into that group.

I personally don’t have two accounts and loading up documents on the system will not solve the problem of people that do.

Swarm, you said you applied twice, did you get actually called twice and set two different interviews?

Geotracker
28th Jul 2015, 08:47
Hey,

By re-submiting, do they mean just update your current profile or creat a new account with the same email adress?

Thanks

mikemorgan81
28th Jul 2015, 10:02
It appears to be a new account. Straightforward data entry (although requires an expiry date for your licence which doesn't apply under EASA). Hoping this is positive news although more likely just an admin exercise. Does seem to confirm my suspicions that old applications were 'buried' by newer ones.

Captainstn
28th Jul 2015, 10:50
What did you guys put on the License expiry date?! Not applicable for Easa licenses as it's valid for Lifetime ...but it seems that we have to enter a date to proceed!...Thank you in advance.

tow.pilot
28th Jul 2015, 11:18
For me it is the same... I applied a few weeks ago and still had the email so thinking that the email is just for old applications is negative...

It does not let me in, maybe is something in the process, maybe they are working on the website... If i click fergot my password it does not send me anywhere either so, guys I would not do many thinks untill it gets settled down again...

I tried loggin in again with 2 accounts that I had and nothing... Lets wait untill tomorrow

PeppyJeppy
28th Jul 2015, 11:30
Licence expiry has me stumped! EASA CPL so no expiry!

On the CPL/MEIR thing.....an MEIR is not a licence...it's a rating on a licence so I put CPL. A separate question asks when your MEIR is up

MARCOFLY
28th Jul 2015, 12:50
Hey There,
I have applied but now I am wondering if
I have to receive an email to confirm my application,
furthermore if I look my account I don't see any information regarding my ryr application.
Thanks for your help
Cheers

Atomo
28th Jul 2015, 12:55
Licence CPL expiry means that if you don't have any medical valid, your CPL licence is no longer valid

" The privilege of this licence shall be exercised only if the holder has a valid medical certificate for the required privileges "

Cheers

PeppyJeppy
28th Jul 2015, 14:50
I have reapplied now.

It is odd because when I went to sign in to my account it told me it my email/password was invalid. I followed the link from the email I received and this lead me to "register" so I registered for a new profile using the email address of my original profile and this was allowed. I can only assume that my previous profile was erased..?

What has me wondering most is the fact I received an email last week advising me that my CV had been sent to Ryanair for approval and requesting specific information. I was then told I would be informed if Ryanair approved the CV.

Does this previous application still stand and should I be waiting for an approval email? Or is it all just back to square one now?

Anyone else in a similar situation??

Behrt707
28th Jul 2015, 18:23
Hi,

I re-applied too. I had to create a new account because, as well as in your case, I couldn't log in with the old one.
I was just wondering because if I log in with the new one, I can't edit pilot informations but only personals...... :rolleyes:

Airman655
29th Jul 2015, 09:43
So i just got an email from CAE telling me that if I applied between July 23 and 28 I will need to resubmit my application.

I resubmitted last night, anyone else get this email today?

Captainstn
29th Jul 2015, 09:49
I reapplied yesterday (28th) with the new application format too and also got the email today. Not sure of what to do now!

CATB_81
29th Jul 2015, 10:50
Hello Guys,

I reapplied yesterday afternoon, and the system said that my application was sucessful.

And now I also received the email saying resubmitting the application again, because (i.e. between the 23rd and 28th of July), your attempt will have been unsuccessful.

I already tried, to send it now, but the system says that I already apply.

In my opinion, since yesterday the web site was working properly.

This already happen to someone?

On-track
29th Jul 2015, 10:52
Hi guys,

Got the same email. I just tried to create a new account as mentioned in the email but I can't due to an error saying that the email address is already used. So I tried with an other one and again an error because the informations provided already exists in their system. I do not know what to do.

On-track

mateusz
29th Jul 2015, 11:00
Licence CPL expiry means that if you don't have any medical valid, your CPL licence is no longer valid

" The privilege of this licence shall be exercised only if the holder has a valid medical certificate for the required privileges "

Cheers

That doesn't "expire" your license, only prevents you from exercising the privileges of the lincese until you get another valid medical certificate. The license does not expire, period.

PeppyJeppy
29th Jul 2015, 12:35
Got an email this morning telling me to resubmit and that my previous account was void.

I did it yesterday but went on to my profile and tried to apply again. Told me that I had already applied for it so seems my new application is live...

lave20
29th Jul 2015, 12:37
What did you put on license type and license expiry date? If you have a CPL with ME/IR should you put CPL? The CPL doesn't expire so im not sure what to set on expiry date....
I assume its okey to write "none" on type rating? :)

speed_alive_rotate
29th Jul 2015, 12:52
Just as a side note @PeppyJeppy its positive news that Irish candidates now seem to be getting a call also!!

PeppyJeppy
29th Jul 2015, 16:25
@speedaliverotate

Yes it is positive though myself and other Irish lads have got CV requests over the last few weeks.

Do we know who was sent this new email? Was it just a selection or everyone who previously applied?

marcoBCN
29th Jul 2015, 17:17
I'm the only one who received this email in my group of friends..

lave20
29th Jul 2015, 20:06
Can someone who have re-applied answer these questions?
I assume if you have a CPL ME/IR you should select CPL and not ME/IR?
What did you set as CPL expiry date? It doesn't expire so not sure what to set as expiry date.
And I assume it's okey to write "none" in the current type rating box? :)

counterclockwiseflow
29th Jul 2015, 22:26
Hello,

Yes, if you select RYR again the spaces will be empty again but in the end it will not allow you to proceed with a new profile because you already have one profile done.
i try to change one base but they do not allow that.

a friend of mine applied today for the first time and didn't received a confirmation e-mail.

Rgds

counterclockwiseflow
30th Jul 2015, 10:39
Hi,

i have just received a "Welcome to MyCAE" e-mail too.
and my friend after all received the "Welcome to MyCAE" e-mail.

Rgds

David1991
30th Jul 2015, 20:16
Can someone tell me please which the actual briefing package is? The Date is fine...

Reimsrocket
31st Jul 2015, 16:19
I'm going to the assessment on the 19th of August.

Reimsrocket
2nd Aug 2015, 17:46
I have sent a PM!

Dreamboy737
5th Aug 2015, 09:04
I have resubmited my information and applied again with the new web site. But I found the new one much worst and confunsing than the previous.

If you get and error when you resubmit again how it's supposed we update our information on the profile when doing flights or renewing licenses?

VDA
5th Aug 2015, 14:36
I thought I would pass on my experience as this thread has helped me so much.

Timeline for me: Applied to CAE, 2 weeks later received CV request from CAE, one week later receive confirmation e-mail to state that the CV had been sent off to Ryanair, one week later receive e-mail stating dates of telephone interview, one week later receive phone call and invited out to assessment in three weeks time.

The phone interview: Very simple, I was asked the validity of my license and ratings along with pass rates and base preferences.
The Assessment Day: Held at Simtech in Dublin. The day starts off with a quick brief; the atmosphere is quite relaxed with extremely professional and knowledgeable Ryanair staff happy to answer any queries. You are then paired up with your Sim partner, on the day that I attended we were paired so that candidates with 737 MCC time were paired with those who had not completed their MCC on a 737. You will also receive the plates that you were using for the day, in our case this was East Midlands.

My partner and I were first up in the simulator. I went as PF first and had no emergencies. A simple SID to take off which was changed to radar headings, general handling followed with altitude, heading and speedchanges- make sure you have good spatial orientation throughout the flight as this may be tested. We finished off with a vectored ILS to land.
My sim partner had a similar detail, but was asked to track to an NDB for the alternate procedure onto a ILS/DME app. Whilst we were tracking a QDM into the NDB Number 1 told us of a fire in the cabin. Our total time in the simulator was around 01:15.

The interview was mainly HR based with quite a few questions relating to my CV and Ryanair, the technical was relatively simple and along the subject lines previously mentioned in this thread. I was asked about Take off Segments, V2, Vmca, Swept Wings etc.

I had absolutely no idea how the assessment day went when I had finished, but received a positive message within a week which is fantastic!
To give you a little background I am a modular student from Aeros Flight Training and there seem to be quite a few of us going through this process now which can only be good signs for recruitment.

Good luck to everybody with their assessment process!

Garlictastes
5th Aug 2015, 20:17
I could've written this feedback. I had the same experience also in the simulator except that we had Liverpool.
It's hard to judge how you did. After the relaxed interview the assessor was stressing a lot to hold altitude all the time which was confusing and I had a bad feeling. I think the key point is to stay calm and focus on CRM. I received the positive answer two days later.

Cheers

lauryzoo
6th Aug 2015, 12:05
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys and congratulations !

Boldpilot2000
7th Aug 2015, 23:12
You will find everything you need in this thread if you want to prepare for the interview.

I have a question in regards to second applications after failing the first interview. Any got invited for a second round or heard of someone?

Thanks

rasenjie
8th Aug 2015, 14:45
Does anybody know how many pilots Ryanair is hiring? and how long will they be hiring people?

Good luck for everybody