PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40

nicktsio
25th Sep 2018, 13:44
Hi all

Anyone starting on FR1823 EMA?

pilot.boeing
26th Sep 2018, 00:05
Hello folks,

As there is no possibility to apply for APS without MCC in Ryanair, where do you recommend to do the MCC course? Is the simtech the best option?
Thank you for your advices.
Pilot B

FlyingSjawi
26th Sep 2018, 11:06
Anyone in CAE 1823 AMS?

Starting in EMA on 26th november and 27th december in AMS?

aspiretofly
26th Sep 2018, 14:21
Anyone for the assessment on the 10th of oct?
I have my assessment on the 10th also

PilotJamie
26th Sep 2018, 15:11
Anyone in CAE 1823 AMS?

Starting in EMA on 26th november and 27th december in AMS?

I am as well as Nick above. Are you planning on creating some sort of group?

FlyingSjawi
26th Sep 2018, 19:04
I am as well as Nick above. Are you planning on creating some sort of group?

I just made one on Facebook: CAE1823 AMS

PilotJamie
27th Sep 2018, 09:23
I just made one on Facebook: CAE1823 AMS

Just joined up, hopefully others see and follow suit!

Dhae
27th Sep 2018, 17:52
Hi folks,

I did the online assessment almost 10 days ago and still no news about it. Am I the only one in this situation?
Thank you in advance!

federico95
28th Sep 2018, 07:21
Hello folks,

As there is no possibility to apply for APS without MCC in Ryanair, where do you recommend to do the MCC course? Is the simtech the best option?
Thank you for your advices.
Pilot B

i do recommend you virtual aviation Cambdrige, they do the APS MCC/JOC and once you apply in Ryanair, you will tick the box and they will contact you the day after

Number4
28th Sep 2018, 09:44
Hi guys I’ve applied on CAE website last saturday and i still don’t receive any feedback (only the automatic confirmation reply from CAE). I want to ask you how much time passed between application and the mail with the link for the online assesment! Thank you

Dhae
28th Sep 2018, 10:28
In my opinion I think the the process is quite clogged....

Burger81
28th Sep 2018, 12:29
Hi guys I’ve applied on CAE website last saturday and i still don’t receive any feedback (only the automatic confirmation reply from CAE). I want to ask you how much time passed between application and the mail with the link for the online assesment! Thank you
it took my application 4-5 days to get the “under review” email, then another 2 weeks to get an online assessment link email. I guess they are just busy since the online assessment was only introduced recently.
Good luck.

Number4
28th Sep 2018, 13:20
Ok thank you guys
do you confirm in order to apply you have just put a training request (ryanair) fill out the form and upload the documents? Thanks

MartinGrosso22
28th Sep 2018, 18:34
Hi guys!
I have a question.. regardin the Ryanair CAE application... what document do you guys upload in the English Proficiency Certificate ? In my license says 6 but i did the TEA exam few weeks ago and i got a level 5! (quite difficult to get 6 since im not a English native).
And anyone doing VA APS MCC next 8th October? hmu!

Thanks guys!

Cheers!

Simo92
28th Sep 2018, 20:10
I got the "under review" mail too, but still waiting for the invite mail with the link for the online test. is it okay? Because friends of mine received the invite email in less then 5 minute. Is it happened to any other guys?

Thanks

flydog
28th Sep 2018, 21:09
does anyone know if there is a separate thread for DEC assessments info? thanks

Burger81
29th Sep 2018, 13:37
I got the "under review" mail too, but still waiting for the invite mail with the link for the online test. is it okay? Because friends of mine received the invite email in less then 5 minute. Is it happened to any other guys?

Thanks
Simo92,
I tried to reply to your private message, but it says your inbox is full.
After submitting my last document it took over a week just to get the “under review” email. It then took almost 2 weeks after to receive the online assessment invite email. Be patient. If you meet the criteria I’m pretty sure you will get your invite. With the online assessment still being quite new, I am sure that the system is just busy and they will get round to inviting you.
Good luck.

AirInter
29th Sep 2018, 13:55
does anyone know if there is a separate thread for DEC assessments info? thanks

Good morning to all,
​​​​​​I have also been searching for info regarding NTR DEC assessments. I know this thread is not focused on this matter, however I haven't found anything elsewhere.
Thank you and safe flights.

sanpippo
29th Sep 2018, 15:59
Hello everyone!
I have one question and I hope that someone can help me. I applied to ryanair two years ago, after two weeks I received a call and I didn't pass it. Now I'm trying to apply again and to change my documents, but I still have only 204 hours and I don't have type rating. Anyone have my same situation? How long has to pass until they call me again?
Thanks who will help me

baptistedulondel
1st Oct 2018, 13:38
20s to prepare for the question, 1min to answer. Everyone I know had the same HR questions. For ATPL just do as many questions as you can from the books or a question bank.

Hi, can you please confirm what are the HR questions ? Thank's a lot

Dhae
2nd Oct 2018, 08:48
Well I just received the " phone call " mail. 15 days after passing the online test!

What4
2nd Oct 2018, 08:57
Got the call today. Anyone up for assessment on May 24th?
HI Guys!
Received email today about call within next 14 days.
About what they're asking?

Fly safe!

taariq15
2nd Oct 2018, 10:48
Hi Guys,

I applied to Ryanair back in November last year never heard anything from then then all of a sudden I get a email asking if I'm still interested, I got the email couple days later to pay €55 to do the online assessment nothing too difficult there a 7 tasks which comprised of:

If you type these into youtube there are examples from cut-e ( the company who provides Ryanair the tests) of what to expect.
Spatial Orientation - NDB Cut-e
Multi-Tasking Capabilities avi Cut-e
Monitoring Ability Cut-e
Reaction Time Cut-e
Complex Control Cut-e

ATPL Question - I believe there was 30 question to answer within 10 minutes (All ATPL Subjects covered)
Video Interview - 3 Questions - Why do you want to work for Ryanair?, Why do you want to be a pilot?, What would you do if you see your captain not following SOP's

After completing online assessment 5 days later I received the email wait for a phone call

Phone call was straight forward just asked about my ATPL results, CPL, IR and what will happen next. She then proceeded to give me a date over the phone for the assessment and asked if I could attend.

So now I finally have an assessment for the 23rd October, anyone else have an assessment for the same date?

Best of Luck to everyone!!

gbatch1
3rd Oct 2018, 05:21
20s to prepare for the question, 1min to answer. Everyone I know had the same HR questions. For ATPL just do as many questions as you can from the books or a question bank.

Thanks for the feedback! With regards to the phone call, do they ask any technical questions or is it a straight forward chat.
Thanks everyone.

potatoflying
3rd Oct 2018, 13:00
Thanks for the feedback! With regards to the phone call, do they ask any technical questions or is it a straight forward chat.
Thanks everyone.
Just a chat. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to stress about it. She'll just ask if the date is fine and what you're supposed to do next (which will be on the email she'll send right after anyway)

What4
3rd Oct 2018, 13:54
Yep. Also 25th of October.
Contact me on [email protected]

falinari
3rd Oct 2018, 16:33
Hello everyone!
In order to do the online pre assessment i need a computer with a webcam? How does the video interview work? Many thanks!

What4
3rd Oct 2018, 17:53
Yes - for the last part only - online interview. Check your mick too

AlexFinelli
3rd Oct 2018, 20:23
Guys, one question about the technical part of the Ryanair Online Pre-Assessment.
The technical ones are identical with Aviation Exam?
Thanks a lot!
Best luck to everyone

Alex

falinari
4th Oct 2018, 15:18
The last part you mean the video interview?
Thank you!

sarilo
4th Oct 2018, 17:27
does someone know if you can do the psicotecnics (the online test) with a tablet? I haven´t my computer with me...

What4
4th Oct 2018, 19:07
Hi Taariq15!

Can you contact me via email?

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

AlexFinelli
4th Oct 2018, 20:56
The Technical part! @falinari

What4
4th Oct 2018, 21:29
does someone know if you can do the psicotecnics (the online test) with a tablet? I haven´t my computer with me...

Not an option

sarilo
4th Oct 2018, 21:52
The last part you mean the video interview?
Thank you!
i mean the e-cut test ....

nexusss
6th Oct 2018, 21:52
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if Ryanair accepts applications from non EU citizens with no right to work and live in EU?

Jurow
7th Oct 2018, 07:30
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if Ryanair accepts applications from non EU citizens with no right to work and live in EU?

Hi,

Unfortunately they don't.

RomanK
7th Oct 2018, 07:58
That was the case earlier this year for captains but definitely not for FOs

gbatch1
8th Oct 2018, 08:18
Hi everyone,
anyone with an assessment on the 26th of October, feel free to get in touch at [email protected]

G

Number4
8th Oct 2018, 14:36
hi guys, I completed the online assessment do you now how much time passed between online assessment and the phone call mail? but above all do you receive a mail also in negative case? thank you!!!

flyingn00b
8th Oct 2018, 16:53
Can people who've done the online assessments please post the technical questions, as much as you can remember.

Are there any areas they concentrate on? Are there any subjects they don't include? Eg. Can't really see air law being relevant...

potatoflying
8th Oct 2018, 17:43
hi guys, I completed the online assessment do you now how much time passed between online assessment and the phone call mail? but above all do you receive a mail also in negative case? thank you!!!
I got the email 24h after, and phone call 12 days after email. A friend of mine got his email 2 weeks after but the phone call almost straight after the email.

maxfly51
8th Oct 2018, 18:26
I had the mail 15 days after online assessment and the call 1 day after the mail ;)

apollo200
9th Oct 2018, 10:15
Hi everyone ! I got an assessment on the 24th of october, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
see you !

pilotsaad
9th Oct 2018, 12:24
Hello everyone!
I received mail from Ryanair that they require online assessment now.
It costs 55 euro and I should finish it during 3 days.
Anyone have any idea about it please help me.

Kinds

BojackHorseman
9th Oct 2018, 13:25
How do you guys prepare for the assessment, assuming the only sim hours you have are from MCC/JOT? Is booking a session with SimTech the day before enough?

Also, I see from feedback that there are some 737-specific questions... Is there a specific online book/training that is recommended, or just general facts about the plane found online?

Thanks!

MartinGrosso22
9th Oct 2018, 19:13
How do you guys prepare for the assessment, assuming the only sim hours you have are from MCC/JOT? Is booking a session with SimTech the day before enough?

Also, I see from feedback that there are some 737-specific questions... Is there a specific online book/training that is recommended, or just general facts about the plane found online?

Thanks!
Try the 737 cockpit companion book! (recommended by a Captain) or b737.org.uk!
Cheers.

sammyspud
9th Oct 2018, 21:14
Hi everyone,

I received the call today from CAE to invite me to the Ryanair Final Assessment on the 30th of October. Is anyone else going that day. I am looking to do some hours at uPilot or SimTech depending on availability before if anyone is interested in joining. I would also be really interested in any heads up on cheaper accommodation than that recommended by Ryanair, as it is very expensive that week due to the bank holiday on the 29th.

Making reference to earlier questions on the times it took for the process, so far.....

18/09/2018 Application sent to CAE
20/09/2018 Profile under review
20/09/2018 Invite to online assesment
26/09/2018 Completed Online Assessment
03/10/2018 Email informing me of Test Success and told about Call in the next 14 days
09/10/2018 Phone call, a few HR questions followed by invitation to Dublin Sim Assessment (SET DATE NOT FLEXIBLE)
30/10/2018 SIM Assessment in Dublin

Please if I can answer anyone's questions about the process or tests, let me know!

Number4
10th Oct 2018, 06:04
Hi everyone,

I received the call today from CAE to invite me to the Ryanair Final Assessment on the 30th of October. Is anyone else going that day. I am looking to do some hours at uPilot or SimTech depending on availability before if anyone is interested in joining. I would also be really interested in any heads up on cheaper accommodation than that recommended by Ryanair, as it is very expensive that week due to the bank holiday on the 29th.

Making reference to earlier questions on the times it took for the process, so far.....

03/10/2018 Email informing me of Test Success and told about Call in the next 14 days
09/10/2018 Phone call, a few HR questions followed by invitation to Dublin Sim Assessment (SET DATE NOT FLEXIBLE)

Please if I can answer anyone's questions about the process or tests, let me know!

Hi I did my online assessment few days ago buy I'm not satisfied about ATPL answer. do you know which is the pass rate? Do you remember how many questions did you answer in the right way?

Thank you and good luck!!

speedbird97
10th Oct 2018, 10:14
Just wanted to ask a quick question about the uploading of documents. The copy of ATPL written exam results, can anyone advise me if this is the consolidated results sheet or if they require each exam result slip which would mean I'd have to upload 14 documents. Just another quick question I've started uploading my documents and on some of them the 'delete' icon has gone, does this mean it has been accepted?

Thanks in advance!

aviationfanatic
10th Oct 2018, 14:56
For all of you doing the online assessment - if you are caught reading the answers during the video recording you will be disqualified. A friend of mine who works there told me that a lot of people get caught reading the answers and get disqualified straight away. Just thought I 'd share this with you

falinari
10th Oct 2018, 16:00
Hi everyone,

Thank you sammyspud! So they give you just one assessment date and you can' t ask for an other one? Thank you!

ninerzero
11th Oct 2018, 08:52
Hi fellows,

anyone starting type Rating Course CAE1824 in Amsterdam please feel free to contact me!

Have a nice day!

Learjet-60-XR
12th Oct 2018, 15:21
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you applied for the FO fast track CPT position or if you mostly come from flightschool. Because I applied for DEC FO fast track captain and never heard anything back so far - also I was told the online assessment is for cadet positions only. Just wondering.

Cheers,
Learjet-60-XR

Jetpilot82
13th Oct 2018, 12:07
Hello Guys,

Does anybody know, If they really checking your logbook during the assessment, or just the 2 copies of the last pages?

Thanks!
Marc

baptistedulondel
13th Oct 2018, 14:05
Hi guys, I have the final assessment the 1st or novembre on Dublin, if anyone have the same date feel free to contact me : [email protected]

Thanks

potatoflying
13th Oct 2018, 17:21
Hello Guys,

Does anybody know, If they really checking your logbook during the assessment, or just the 2 copies of the last pages?

Thanks!
Marc
" EASA approved logbook with all flight hours logged - please copy the last 2 pages of your most recent logbook on A4 paper. (Please bring all original logbooks)
 EASA approved electronic logbook with all flight hours logged can be accepted, pages will have to be signed & self-certified – please copy the last 2 pages of your most recent logbook on A4 paper"

hoduka
14th Oct 2018, 15:04
Hello Guys,

Thanks!
Marc

They do have a look at it, probably just to have a general look through at your logbook.

ringox
15th Oct 2018, 12:27
Hello everyone!

I have my assesment on the 26th and I was wondering if any of you guys have it on the same day. It'd be nice if someone was willing to do some hours at Upilot with me the day before (on the 25th) we could do 2PF 2PM. If you're interested send me a PM or an email to [email protected]

Anyway, I hope you're all good, and best of luck for the upcoming days

Jetpilot82
16th Oct 2018, 14:32
Hello Guys,

Is the Ryanair preparation guide from latestpilotinterviews.com worth to buy for 30 Euros or not? Is it a PDF file or do I need an internet to work through?

I've often problems, to find adequate answers to difficult HR questions, even so, if I know them from this Forum, so maybe the guide helps more?

Best,
Marc

MDefalque
18th Oct 2018, 10:54
Hello guys,

Someone accepted for TR CAE 1821 in AMS? Feel free to contact!

Best,
Maxime

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

ozim
18th Oct 2018, 19:38
Anybody starting their TR on Jan 16th in Amsterdam feel free to join the facebook group: CAE 1825 Amsterdam - Ryanair Type Rating

Robe810106
19th Oct 2018, 16:23
Hello Guys,

I took my assessment in Dublin on the 15th and I haven't received any feedback. I am really worried, because today it's 19th. Do they normally take that long? As far as I have read in the forum it normally takes a couple of days. :-(. Do they also give feedback if your are unsuccessful? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What4
19th Oct 2018, 17:21
Can You share with us how the day was looking?

Stay positive ;)

AkumaX
20th Oct 2018, 13:16
Applied: 30/08/2018
Online assessment: 30/08/2018
Email regarding phone call: 06/09/2018
Phone call: 18/09/2018
Assessment: 16/10/2018
Successful: 19/10/2018

Resources that I used:

ACE the pilot technical interview
Sky instructor questions and answers
Ryanair documents shared by Simtech and friends of mine
Researched the 737-800 systems
Researched my previous aircrafts: DA 40 and 42
Researched Ryanair
Looked through my CV for potential weaknesses as they like to ask them

Hi everyone,

I have recently passed the assessment and wanted to share what I got on the day since this forum helped me out so much.

There were 8 of us who started at 8am. We had Paddy and Frank as the pilot assessors, I had Paddy for the day along with Collin who is the HR assessor.

I started with the interview first and HR asked me questions regarding my CV and background so you just have to be confident with your experiences as they do try to pick out weaknesses from there as it happened to my sim partner.
The technical part was quite nice as he only asked a couple of questions such as:

Describe the electrical system of the 737-800: Engine driven generators etc
Is the APU an engine? I started describing it and mentioned it can be used for air conditioning/ pressurisation, provide electrics and bleed air etc
What altitude and psi is the cabin normally pressurized to at cruise: around 8 psi and 8,000 feet
What is the G limit of the 737-800: I guessed between 2-3 g and I think the standard is 2.5g
He then moved on to asking questions about my interests regarding astronomy: does gravity affect the ISS etc

Simulator we were given WAL 2T departure and the ILS plate for Liverpool.

My partner was PF first, did the standard SID, general handling with climbing and decent. Before WAL VOR ATC advised that Manchester radar is U/S so we can't pass the beacon and was given a radial to track outbound. We were given QDM to track. Afterwards, ATC advised that we will have to wait 4 hours before the radar is fixed so we did DODAR, NITS and requested to return to Liverpool. We had to do one hold and then procedural ILS for 27 with G/S going out and landed. Throughout I just supported my sim partner and gave suggestions.

When it was my turn to be PF I had a non-standard departure, "climb straight ahead until 3DME, then turn left heading 180 climbing to altitude 5,000 feet". Once we did that we did general handling again with QDM tacking and then cabin crew reported toilet fire so DODAR, NITS again and we requested radar vectors for the ILS approach. Assessor froze the sim and asked us individually for the position. Afterwards, he allowed me to set up for the approach and a quick brief. ILS approach was stable with the G/S going out when visual so I continued and landed. The assessor seemed very pleased with us when we walked out.

Think the most important thing that they are looking for is CRM so me and my sim partner didn't really shut up throughout the whole process.

The few days after, me and the other guys were so nervous as people here often said that they would get a positive reply within 1-2 days but I was so glad that I received a positive email in the late afternoon on the 3rd day.

I think my advice is the same as everyone else. Be prepared and study hard with the technical and also HR interview. I also booked 2 hours in the Sim with Simtech the night before and it definitely helped with my sim assessment.

Good luck to everyone who have assessments coming up!

monsterx
21st Oct 2018, 18:15
Applied: 30/08/2018

Ryanair documents shared by Simtech and friends of mine

Thanks for the insight AkumaX really appreciate it!!

I was just wondering what you meant by this documentation and where i could find it myself?

I did message you but my inbox is full or something.

Thanks again!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

AkumaX
22nd Oct 2018, 14:49
Thanks for the insight AkumaX really appreciate it!!

I was just wondering what you meant by this documentation and where i could find it myself?

I did message you but my inbox is full or something.

Thanks again!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Hey Monsterx,

I did try to message you but your inbox was indeed full.

The folder that my friends sent me had the Navtech plates and also some questions that Ryanair typically asks. If you want it then please message me your email and I'll send it to you right away.

Regards,

speedbird97
22nd Oct 2018, 17:00
Hi would it be possible to get this document please? I will be going for Ryr assessments soon. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

monsterx
22nd Oct 2018, 19:33
AkumaX

Looks like your inbox is full now as well :ugh

AkumaX
22nd Oct 2018, 19:41
Hi would it be possible to get this document please? I will be going for Ryr assessments soon. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you in advance!
I've also sent you a copy.

Many thanks

Pilotkin
22nd Oct 2018, 20:31
Hello everybody,I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this topic sharing info and giving his/her feedback.Last Monday, the 15th, I got the great news that I was successful at the assessment process and have been offered a cadet position at Ryanair.

Thus, it’s now my turn to provide some feedback about my experience. I won’t talk about the online tests from cut-e since plenty of information can be already found in this pprune topic. As for the actual assessment:I stayed at the Travelodge North Swords hotel. It’s nothing special but at least you are a 5min walk away from Ryanair’s HQ and the place is quiet enough to have some good quality sleep.

I will start by saying that the whole assessment process is a very enjoyable experience. The environment is relaxed and the assessors don’t put you under too much pressure. On the assessment day I was at the Ryanair’s HQ at 7:45AM. I let the receptionist know I was there for an assessment and met with the other guys who were there for the selection process as well. Shortly before 8AM, Patrick, one of the very friendly assessors, welcomed and picked the candidates up to show us around whilst we were heading for the “assessment area”.Next step consisted in one of the assessors taking all the documents/copies we were required to carry before he went onto briefing us about the day. Most of the info he gave us were already included in the briefing pack Ryanair sends to candidates. Nevertheless, pay attention to this briefing, learn all the info you have been given.

They will appreciate you following their pieces of advice and indications later during the sim/interview (and it wouldn’t be very clever not listening to your assessors anyways).After the briefing, couples for the sim were formed. They then gave us our charts (LPL that day) and 30 minutes to brief them with our sim partner. Use this time wisely, brief as much as possible…go through the whole flight (including the briefings you will do in the sim) and “standardise” all the procedures/calls so that both you and your partner know what to expect from each other. The more both of you are on the same page the better. I was the second one to be called for the interview (my partner went first). The interview is a rather friendly and relaxed chat. The guy from the HR department started first and his questions were: Is it your first time in Dublin?
Talk me about your flight school
Why did you choose the APS MCC?
How was it?
Have you applied to other airlines?Why did you choose to apply at Ryanair for your first interview?
How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Why would you like becoming an LTC?
Qualities a good LTC should have?
When can you start?
And a few other questions I can’t recall. Nothing too difficult though. As for the technical interview
Take-off segments
Critical engine
Rhumb line, GC line and why do we still have them nowadays?
How does a TS form?
This is all I can recall about the tech part.A few minutes later I was called for the sim session with my partner. I was PF first, so I asked my PM to get the clearance. I then set-up the aircraft (no need to get the ATIS as they give it to you before the sim and you are told it won’t change during the assessment) and gave the PM a briefing (give your PM an “active” briefing to involve and engage him/her, keeping his/her attention level high. A good thing, for instance, might be to ask your PM what threats he/she sees for the flight, during the TEM phase, and then discuss them together).

We then did our t/o checks before I called for the pre-takeoff checklist (do not forget any checklists) and then asked the PM to get the take-off clearance. We took off and performed the WAL2T departure. After the SID we did a couple of turns and accellerated to 250kts for the handling part. In the meantime we got a FD failure (the assessor didn’t switched them off…he gave us an “actual failure”).

After I finished the turn, I handed the controls to my PM and gave him a SA briefing before starting the T-DODAR…we called for the emergency checklist (the assessor just said….complete) and decided to go back to LPL (with a FD failure you can continue raw data to destination but neither of us knew at the time so we decided to rather divert).

I then contacted ATC to let them know our intentions and then gave a NITS briefing to the SCCM. In the meantime we were cleared to enter a hold (parallel entry) so I briefed my partner about it. The assessor then asked me to take the controls back and fly the hold…which I did. As I was performing the parallel entry he repositioned us and asked to point on the chart where we were. He then let us setup the aircraft, brief the approach and call for the appropriate checklist before starting the ILS NDB 27 procedure. The ILS was uneventful until we were visual with the runway at which point both g/s and loc failed. I remained stable keeping 800 ft/min vs and agreed with my PM that continuing the approach was safe. I then landed the aircraft. That was it.

We swapped seats and it was now my partner’s turn to be PF. Everything was the same as the first flight apart from the clearance (the assessor gave us a very simple radar departure). Unfortunately, my sim partner screwed the briefing and takeoff…as he firewalled the throttles without pressing TOGA (as per briefing). I had to call “check toga” which prompted him to press it and correct his error. Everything else was the same as the first flight apart for a very simple QDM interception. After landing we got a radio failure, so we squawked 7600 and agreed to vacate the runway and stop just beyond the threshold to wait for the follow me.

The assessor then called it a day and we were done with our assessment.Keyword in the sim are TEAMWORK and CRM. Don’t be a passive PM, constantly assist your PF and help him/her keep a high SA level. As a PF, don’t be afraid to delegate. Remember, when one of you is giving a NITS briefing or talking to the SCCM, the guy who is flying must also watch ATC. Don’t forget to call for checklists, do T-DODAR and NITS and don’t be afraid to perform a go-around should either of you deem the approach to be unsafe. As for the handling part. The 737NG is a very stable and nice aircraft to fly. Trim it well and your workload will dramatically decrease (use tiny inputs as the trim on the 737 is very powerful). Mind the pitch-power moment when you change thrust setting.

As for my preparation:
- I used ACE the pilot technical interview
- I revised most of the ATPL theory on the OAA books
- I revised my notes and some studying material from my MCC course
- I practiced the sim session through chair Flying and a desktop simulator
- I booked 2 hours at Upilot the day before the assessment. I would definetely recommend them, John gave me some tips which proved to be very useful during the assessment.Of my group of 4 I was the only one who passed the assessment whereas for the other 4, 2 of them passed.My suggestion is to prepare yourself as much as you can. Whilst you are there focus, be nice, smile and do your best. Best of luck to anyone and, should you have any questions, feel free to ask.I apologize for my English grammar, I wrote this post rather quickly and English is not my first language. I hope I could get my "message" through anyways. P.S.

Anyone on the CAE1825 in Amsterdam?

mikegolf96
22nd Oct 2018, 21:19
Hello everyone,
Somebody attending the selection on 6th November afternoon (from 12:00 lt)
Please feel free to contact me!
Good luck!

ozim
23rd Oct 2018, 06:02
...Anyone on the CAE1825 in Amsterdam?

Yes, feel free to join our FB group 'CAE 1825 Amsterdam - Ryanair Type Rating' [ facebook.com/groups/284803805695266 ]

Keane1981
23rd Oct 2018, 10:51
Hi guys!!

"Whilst your online application has been reviewed in detail, we regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion."

on my second attempt, so....no more options for me... :(

pilotsaad
23rd Oct 2018, 18:34
AkumaX Hello!

Did you do online assessment first or what? I did it since ten days ago but I don’t get any answer right now. Is it normal?

Magne
23rd Oct 2018, 21:21
I have just registered all my documents and are waiting to hear back, would really appreciate if you could send me the prep material too. [email protected]

AkumaX
23rd Oct 2018, 22:25
AkumaX Hello!

Did you do online assessment first or what? I did it since ten days ago but I don’t get any answer right now. Is it normal?
Hey pilotsaad,

I got my reply within a week but I have heard people taking longer to get a response so maybe wait another week before contacting them.

Pilotkin
23rd Oct 2018, 22:49
Pilotkin

Do you think the aps mcc was a big factor contributing to you passing the assesment?

I don't think the APS MCC gives you much more chances of being successful at the assessment process than a normal (but well structured) MCC course. The scenarios you practice during the APS are much more complex than the ones you face during the assessment, a lot of automation is in fact involved and the way you operate the aircraft is different from what you are required to do during the interview. Thrust management, briefings, most of the calls, sector management…etc are just a few of the things that you would do differently during the assessment.

I would say the APS certainly helps you performing well at the interview (although the benefit from it is quite marginal), on top of making you a more "rounded pilot" and giving you a slight advantage for a type rating course later in your career.
When it comes to an assessment, though, it all depends on you after all...on how much you prepare and how well you perform on the interview day.

As for what specific help the APS gave me when it came to the assessment:
the sim in Dublin was exactly the same as the one I used during the MCC. Handling wise that helped and allowed me to free some mental capacity as I didn't have to focus too hard on flying the aircraft. I was also very familiar with the 737NG cockpit layout and this boosted my confidence, for sure. As for the rest (managing an Emergency, doing a T-DODAR and a NITS...etc) it's nothing a good MCC can't give you.
To make it short, in my opinion:
-Will the APS MCC help you succeed in the assessment process? Yes, but the effects are marginal
-Will the APS MCC help me during the type rating? Yes, it will. Especially during the first phases.
- IS the APS MCC necessary: it isn't.
-Is the APS MCC worth it, would you recommend it? Yes, it is. It's an amazing experience and I would recommend it.
-Is the APS necessary? No, it isn't

betis
24th Oct 2018, 10:09
I have just registered all my documents and are waiting to hear back, would really appreciate if you could send me the prep material too. [email protected]

Hi, in your application form what did you put in CURRENT TYPE RATING? if I dont have any...

Also it asks to upload the CPL results and MEIR result. what they mean by this? is not mandatory anyway.

Thanks!

jourdanp
24th Oct 2018, 12:55
Hi everyone,
First thanks for the information given by the successful ones.
I have my assessment day on Nov 12th. Anyone else here?

Cheers

bluewhy
25th Oct 2018, 01:29
Does anybody know with regards to the new TR scheme with CAE for 5K, is it a direct employment on a permanent contract or you are still required to set up your own personal LTD company in ireland?
If someone knows and could clarify that.
Thanks in advance

potatoflying
25th Oct 2018, 16:30
Does anybody know with regards to the new TR scheme with CAE for 5K, is it a direct employment on a permanent contract or you are still required to set up your own personal LTD company in ireland?
If someone knows and could clarify that.
Thanks in advance
Direct employment on permanent contract, which you'll get after your line check. Before that it's a 6 month contract (you get paid after base training). If you want to have the self-employed contract you have to pay for the full price of the TR.

flyfan
25th Oct 2018, 18:03
Direct employment on permanent contract, which you'll get after your line check. Before that it's a 6 month contract (you get paid after base training). If you want to have the self-employed contract you have to pay for the full price of the TR.

I don't think they even offer the self-employed version anymore. It's either 5 year bond + 5k upfront or 29,5k without bond, but any way you'll be an employee after Btrg.

potatoflying
26th Oct 2018, 18:30
Any idea on salary scales? Or which contract is more attractive, is it better to pay for type rating up front?

21k base salary after BT, then you get 16 pounds per sector hour after safety pilot release, then you get the normal contract, which is about 65k per year including sector pay and productivity bonus.

Karol P
28th Oct 2018, 13:15
Is anyone going to assessment on 7th Nov, and want to train a bit day before? If yes, call/text me on +44 79 36 68 5477 or What's up +48 888 864 934.
Good luck for everyone!

mikegolf96
29th Oct 2018, 12:59
Hello everybody!
Anyone going to the assessment in Dublin on 6th November at 12pm?
Feel free to contact me!!

indiamikecharlie
30th Oct 2018, 09:49
hi mikegolf96 i have the assessment on 5th november, does any other one?
feel free to contact me at [email protected]

chicco04
31st Oct 2018, 10:39
Hi Guys,

Best of luck to all you guys doing the assessment at the moment !

If any of you guys are on the RYR CAE 1826 Amsterdam, message me.
Just to see what we can do for hotels, transport and etc.

Alex

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history. Email should be open for you both in and out.

mikegolf96
1st Nov 2018, 15:41
Hello Everybody.
Someone on assessment in Dublin on 6th November afternoon? (12pm)
Feel free to contact me!

apollo200
1st Nov 2018, 17:28
Hi everyone !

All the best to all of you going through assessment ! For those who are booked for the TR starting on march 6th in AMS, feel free to join the Facebook Group "CAE1829 AMS"

Patrick

ringox
1st Nov 2018, 22:57
Hi Guys,

Best of luck to all you guys doing the assessment at the moment !

If any of you guys are on the RYR CAE 1826 Amsterdam, message me.
Just to see what we can do for hotels, transport and etc.

Alex

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history. Email should be open for you both in and out.
It seems like you have exceeded your message storage. I'm also on the CAE1826
Message me if you want to talk.
If anyone else is on the CAE1826 staring January 7th please contact me

What4
2nd Nov 2018, 07:25
Hi Guys!

Anyone on TR CAE 1829 ( Introduction week 4th february EMA, TR 6th March AMS ) ?

If Yes - fell free to contact ( sharing a flat, training etc. ) [email protected]

Later I will put some info about my recrutiment process.

Fly Safe!

betis
2nd Nov 2018, 09:19
Hi Guys,

how long it takes to Ryanair to contact you?? Since you send the application more or less.

The_Aviator101
2nd Nov 2018, 18:40
Hello fellow Airmen,

I've received an email yesterday from CAE that I'm invited to the online assessment for FR. I saw that some of you guys passed the test and unfortunately some didn't (be tenacious, other opportunities will come !).
My question is if anyone is open for some advice/tips whatever. I can call you or you can send me a message to have a brief chat.

I appreciate the help.

Kind regards,

Amin

opera.pprn
3rd Nov 2018, 11:34
The question about online assessment comes back over and over so I'll try to explain everything.

There are basically three sections:

1. Cut-e aptitude tests - the easiest bit.
Research the info on Cut-e website and Cut-e's YouTube profile. Invest $39 into a preparation package for Ryanair at LatestPilotJobs it will give you access to plenty of assessment questions but most importantly you will be able to practice the aptitude tests. You'll master it after a day or two and there will be no surprise during an actual online assessment.

2. ATPL test. Questions will be thrown at you from the ATPL questionbank. Not only the common sense questions which you get on a real assessment in Dublin. All kind of questions that EASA invented for the purpose of the exam. Those who are fresh from their exams or who have practised with Aviation Exam or other prep. software will have an advantage.

However, my understanding is, it's not really there to test your atpl knowledge per se - lots of successful candidates would have failed if that was the case and the standard 75% threshold was to be achieved.
To a large degree this exercise test how you deal with the pressure of time - it's an ultimate sprint with 30 questions in 10 minutes.
Therefore the goal is to move forward swiftly, don't go back and don't worry about questions you had no idea about - mind the time remaining and make sure you answered 6 questions after 2 minutes, 12 after 4 etc.

#1 and #2 should be done on a desktop PC or laptop for convenience. Make sure your mouse or other pointing device is suitable for the 'missile test'.
The online video part (#3) can be done on a PC/laptop with a webcam or via an app on a smartphone or tablet. I used the smartphone and it went ok.

3. Video interview

It's not really an interview as there is no live person interacting with you at the other end. What happens is this - you will get three 'HR-kind' of questions. These questions are to be found either in this thread or in the LatestPilotJobs package I mentioned before. The most common to date were: - Why do you want to be a pilot? - Why Ryanair? - What would you do if the cpt doesn't follow SOPs?

After the question shows up on your screen you will have something like 10-20s to prepare and then answer the question in 60s. I had an elaborate speech prepared in my head regarding why I wanted to be a pilot but then I saw it's only 60s so had to cut it short to 2-3 sentences. This exercise is probably to test your English and see if the stress doesn't get the better of you. Don't read from the paper, dress smart, have a nice background rather than your dirty kitchen, smile and you should be alright.

Hope that helps ;)

The_Aviator101
3rd Nov 2018, 17:34
The question about online assessment comes back over and over so I'll try to explain everything.

Research the info on Cut-e website and Cut-e's YouTube profile. Invest $39 into a preparation package for Ryanair at LatestPilotJobs it will give you access to plenty of assessment questions but most importantly you will be able to practice the aptitude tests. You'll master it after a day or two and there will be no surprise during an actual online assessment.

2. ATPL test. Questions will be thrown at you from the ATPL questionbank. Not only the common sense questions which you get on a real assessment in Dublin. All kind of questions that EASA invented for the purpose of the exam. Those who are fresh from their exams or who have practised with Aviation Exam or other prep. software will have an advantage.

However, my understanding is, it's not really there to test your atpl knowledge per se - lots of successful candidates would have failed if that was the case and the standard 75% threshold was to be achieved.
To a large degree this exercise test how you deal with the pressure of time - it's an ultimate sprint with 30 questions in 10 minutes.
Therefore the goal is to move forward swiftly, don't go back and don't worry about questions you had no idea about - mind the time remaining and make sure you answered 6 questions after 2 minutes, 12 after 4 etc.

#1 and #2 should be done on a desktop PC or laptop for convenience. Make sure your mouse or other pointing device is suitable for the 'missile test'.
The online video part (#3) can be done on a PC/laptop with a webcam or via an app on a smartphone or tablet. I used the smartphone and it went ok.

3. Video interview

It's not really an interview as there is no live person interacting with you at the other end. What happens is this - you will get three 'HR-kind' of questions. These questions are to be found either in this thread or in the LatestPilotJobs package I mentioned before. The most common to date were: - Why do you want to be a pilot? - Why Ryanair? - What would you do if the cpt doesn't follow SOPs?

After the question shows up on your screen you will have something like 10-20s to prepare and then answer the question in 60s. I had an elaborate speech prepared in my head regarding why I wanted to be a pilot but then I saw it's only 60s so had to cut it short to 2-3 sentences. This exercise is probably to test your English and see if the stress doesn't get the better of you. Don't read from the paper, dress smart, have a nice background rather than your dirty kitchen, smile and you should be alright.

Hope that helps ;)
Thanks for the details, very much appreciated...

sammyspud
3rd Nov 2018, 17:49
Hey guys,

Anyone have an assessment on the 30th or 31st, last week, had any news from Ryanair yet?

Good luck...

sammyspud
3rd Nov 2018, 18:01
Thanks for the details, very much appreciated...
Anyone who had had the assessment last week had any news?

betis
4th Nov 2018, 14:02
Hello fellow Airmen,

I've received an email yesterday from CAE that I'm invited to the online assessment for FR. I saw that some of you guys passed the test and unfortunately some didn't (be tenacious, other opportunities will come !).
My question is if anyone is open for some advice/tips whatever. I can call you or you can send me a message to have a brief chat.

I appreciate the help.

Kind regards,

Amin

How long took since you applied until you received the email for online assesment????

regards

Caldron94
4th Nov 2018, 16:54
Hi everyone,
anyone with an assessment the 26th of November, feel free to contact me!
[email protected]

The_Aviator101
4th Nov 2018, 20:20
How long took since you applied until you received the email for online assesment????

regards
I received the invitation 10 days after the email 'your application is under review'...

BuzzLightyear18
5th Nov 2018, 10:37
I did the assessment Nov 1st - Got the positive news today - Starting on Jan 21st. Anyone else starting on that date?

sammyspud
5th Nov 2018, 14:36
Congratulations to everyone who got in. Unfortunately, they decided not to take me this time, so Ill try again in 12 months once better prepared. All the best to all you successful candidates happy flying, work hard and take full advantage of this opportunity.

Happy flying to all!

betis
5th Nov 2018, 14:44
I received the invitation 10 days after the email 'your application is under review'...

I only received an email saying that my application has been received! how long it takes for the email ¨your application is under review????

The_Aviator101
5th Nov 2018, 18:26
I only received an email saying that my application has been received! how long it takes for the email ¨your application is under review????

20 days after the application has been received, be patient. If you' re eligible for the assessment, they will invite you.

Dicarpaccio
6th Nov 2018, 11:13
Hello guys,

Anybody going for the assessment on the 14th Nov ?

BuzzLightyear18
6th Nov 2018, 11:15
Anybody on FR1825 Jan 21st?

ringox
6th Nov 2018, 12:18
If anybody is doing the course CAE1826 starting at East Midlands on January 7th, look for CAE1826 Ryanair in facebook groups and request to be a memeber.

Cheers! and good luck for the ones doing their assesment soon

JOJO83
6th Nov 2018, 13:37
Hi guys, if anyone starts with the introduction week on 21st of January please contact me.
Course CAE1828
Thanks!

CadetBrice
6th Nov 2018, 16:45
Anybody on FR1825 Jan 21st?

Yes Sir send me your whatsapp number to [email protected]

PRE
6th Nov 2018, 17:25
Hello everyone

We just created FB group and some people are still missing :) " Ryanair FR1825 EMA " (Introduction week 21th January 2019, TR 13th February 2019)

Best regards!

betis
6th Nov 2018, 19:24

3. Video interview

Hope that helps ;)

Hi,
I am practicing the aptitude tests. i find quite tricky the one of counting the balls in the circle!! do you what level they use? easy, medium, hard???

regards

The_Aviator101
6th Nov 2018, 19:48
Hi,
I am practicing the aptitude tests. i find quite tricky the one of counting the balls in the circle!! do you what level they use? easy, medium, hard???

regards

That' s a good question. I' m practicing now myself. Anyone that has done the online assesment lately knows what level it is compared to the tests on latestpilotjobs ? Also if you can remember any question from the ATPL online examen i would love to hear.

Greetings and thanks for sharing..

Olivier1988
7th Nov 2018, 07:51
That' s a good question. I' m practicing now myself. Anyone that has done the online assesment lately knows what level it is compared to the tests on latestpilotjobs ? Also if you can remember any question from the ATPL online examen i would love to hear.

Greetings and thanks for sharing..

Hi,

The ATPL questions are random, so I can’t help you with that. The test on latestpilotjobs are more difficult than the onces from Cut-e to my opinion. The medium setting is quite comparable. Good luck!

opera.pprn
7th Nov 2018, 08:14
@betis - Guys, don't overthink it. Practise on all levels, do your best, don't drink (hard) the night before and you'll be alright.
If you trained hard for your airline career and think that missing few dots here or there in the cut-e test will cut it short... no, it doesn't work that way ;)
If you screw up 'the interview' because your English is unacceptable then yes, you'll not be invited for the assessment. Otherwise you'll be ok, just prepare and keep it simple ;)

sunji
7th Nov 2018, 11:40
i strongly recommend not to join this company. beginning of this year i was eager to join this company as well and after some months flying for them i can tell you its a freaking nightmare. stay away. wait for a better opportunity, you have been warned.

aviationfanatic
7th Nov 2018, 13:37
i strongly recommend not to join this company. beginning of this year i was eager to join this company as well and after some months flying for them i can tell you its a freaking nightmare. stay away. wait for a better opportunity, you have been warned.

So tell us about your "nightmare".

sunji
7th Nov 2018, 14:08
Quit then, they are not forcing you to work for them. Dont pawn your negative experience off to guys trying to start off their career in a tough industry.

I spend 30k for a rating I cant just quit. Look, there is a reason why people are striking, I was like you before i started to work there. You will earn nothing, you will get send around the whole network out of base, you will get zero expenses for travel or hotel and food. and yeah there will be times where you staying at a hotel which you have to pay and are on standby. earning not a single cent but have to pay 80-200€ for a room. but yeah go ahead, and make your own expirience. you will not be able to live of your salary in the slightest. so prepare the creditcard of your parents.

potatoflying
7th Nov 2018, 18:17
I spend 30k for a rating I cant just quit. Look, there is a reason why people are striking, I was like you before i started to work there. You will earn nothing, you will get send around the whole network out of base, you will get zero expenses for travel or hotel and food. and yeah there will be times where you staying at a hotel which you have to pay and are on standby. earning not a single cent but have to pay 80-200€ for a room. but yeah go ahead, and make your own expirience. you will not be able to live of your salary in the slightest. so prepare the creditcard of your parents.
Seems like you're on the old contract buddy. They've sorted that stuff in the new one.

PilotJamie
7th Nov 2018, 18:34
Seems like you're on the old contract buddy. They've sorted that stuff in the new one.

agreed, I’ve heard no complaints from the new contract folk and I cannot wait to get started!

Banana Joe
7th Nov 2018, 20:07
Are they paying for accommodation as well when they are sending you across their bases? Because I have friends in Spain and Italy and they have to look after hotac. And they are on the new contract.

aviationfanatic
7th Nov 2018, 21:21
Are they paying for accommodation as well when they are sending you across their bases? Because I have friends in Spain and Italy and they have to look after hotac. And they are on the new contract.

Banana Joe, get your facts right! They pay for HOTAC so please refrain from telling lies

potatoflying
8th Nov 2018, 09:12
From the training contract:
"4.3 You may be rostered to operate flights from bases other than your line training base subject
to operational requirements. In this circumstances you will be provided with hotel
accommodation and paid an out of base supplement. Positioning to/ from a base that is not
your line training base will be rostered prior to and after a block of 5 duty days."

sunji
8th Nov 2018, 09:41
Banana Joe, get your facts right! They pay for HOTAC so please refrain from telling lies

you should stop people accusing of telling lies when he is clearly telling the truth. i dont know who you are and who you work for but clearly you have no idea. first of all in the beginning you dont have a base, you will get assigned one but its not your base, so they can send you across the network and you are not "out of base" because you dont have one. so they dont have to pay anything or get you a accomodation. second thing after linetraining you get 30€ per day for OOB. try to pay your hotel/taxi/food with 30€.

yeah how could i forget the new contract, the new one changes of course everything...not, bonded 5 years good luck with that. for people living near a base of theirs its maybe a legit choice, but see eidhoven closing. you buy a house, start a family and on the next day everything goes down the ****ter.

Banana Joe
8th Nov 2018, 09:46
Yeah that's what they are actually doing. They aren't paying for it. My friends are actually renting AirBnB and are getting nothing back.

Wake up guys.

aviationfanatic
8th Nov 2018, 15:00
Yeah that's what they are actually doing. They aren't paying for it. My friends are actually renting AirBnB and are getting nothing back.

Wake up guys.

You are obviously annoyed that they wouldn't take you and I can understand that, but you are not stating the truth that's a fact! Check potatoflying's post

Airone2977
8th Nov 2018, 15:32
Ok ok, fair enough
If Ryanair if fine for you guys, go for it, believe what you want; it's your career, your money, your choice. We won't make the decision for you.
I know people on both side, so it is hard to tell which one tell the truth. It's always the one complaining who wrote the most on Pprunes, over the years, it never seems to change.

aviationfanatic
8th Nov 2018, 16:43
Ok ok, fair enough
If Ryanair if fine for you guys, go for it, believe what you want; it's your career, your money, your choice. We won't make the decision for you.
I know people on both side, so it is hard to tell which one tell the truth. It's always the one complaining who wrote the most on Pprunes, over the years, it never seems to change.

Exactly! There are always 2 sides to every story!

Banana Joe
8th Nov 2018, 17:14
You are obviously annoyed that they wouldn't take you and I can understand that, but you are not stating the truth that's a fact! Check potatoflying's post
I am actually lucky. Got a job at another 737 operator with everything provided: few private insurances, transport paid for, uniform provided (more than 1!), medicals paid for, good per diems and on top of that also a hefty LoL. And my employer is not the only one treating their staff properly.

But I have got a few friends who joined and are already plotting their way out as soon as their bond is over.

opera.pprn
8th Nov 2018, 18:21
I am actually lucky. Got a job at another 737 operator with everything provided: few private insurances, transport paid for, uniform provided (more than 1!), medicals paid for, good per diems and on top of that also a hefty LoL. And my employer is not the only one treating their staff properly.

Just one thing I don't understand. You've got a great job flying 737 and rather than enjoy life, travel the world, dine with your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend, play golf, whatever you like doing... you spend your time on PPrune Wannabes Forum bashing Ryanair for days on end?

Mind you, my sim partner picked the wrong holding entry and despite I disagreed with his decision beforehand. He got the job, I did not.
I did not get the job maybe because my personality doesn't fit Ryanair according to their recruiters. Or maybe something else.

You won't learn to fly a 737 in a couple of hours and assessors know that 99% of the candidates have never flown one.
PS. Flying the 737 sim at Ryanair is a piece of cake. So easy and stable.

And 5months ago you were trying to pass Ryanair assessment [post #8093], now you're warning everybody against the company based on something you've heard from your friends? We appreciate your care, but it just doesn't add up mate.

potatoflying
8th Nov 2018, 19:39
Guys, this discussion has been going for far too long. This thread is about the assessment. There's plenty of people here stressing their asses out to prepare for the interview (and if they are preparing for it they are probably aware of the working conditions and are happy to continue regardless), they don't want to waste more time and energy having to read through all theses posts in order to maybe find precious tips for the assessment in the middle of it (in fact, it's just gonna make them stress even more). I'm sure there are numerous threads here where you can discuss the working conditions at Ryanair in more detail. I appreciate all your inputs, but with all due respect I think most people here are more concerned about actually getting a job than having to pay for a hotel. Let them prepare for the assessment in tranquility, they'll have time to worry about the conditions once they're successful at the assessment (no harm in saying 'no' to them if you end up realizing RYR isn't your cup of tea...).

enleonm
9th Nov 2018, 09:25
Hi guys, thanks for all the great info that you have submitted here. Do you know if Ryanair is really not calling to people who have failed once or more in the ATPL?
Thanks in advance! :)

Banana Joe
9th Nov 2018, 12:25
Just one thing I don't understand. You've got a great job flying 737 and rather than enjoy life, travel the world, dine with your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend, play golf, whatever you like doing... you spend your time on PPrune Wannabes Forum bashing Ryanair for days on end?

And 5months ago you were trying to pass Ryanair assessment [post #8093], now you're warning everybody against the company based on something you've heard from your friends? We appreciate your care, but it just doesn't add up mate.
Why does it not add up? It is true I applied and went to the assessment which I did not pass. But how is that related to the terms and conditions of Ryanair and other operators? I am just saying that people shouldn't focus too much on Ryanair. Sure, I would say if you are looking at building hours and fly on a brand new jet then it would be a good job for this purpose, better than where I am now because we don't fly as much given the type of operation, but proceed with caution, eyes wide open and be ready to what has already been posted in the previous posts.

And I talked about benefits: I can confirm that my employer is not the only one looking after its pilots, there are more out there who are actively recruiting pilots. Even Eurowings have improved their terms.

And I have never said Ryanair is an employer to avoid working for. There's no bashing. You are interpreting my posts your own way.

aviationfanatic
9th Nov 2018, 12:42
Why does it not add up? It is true I applied and went to the assessment which I did not pass. But how is that related to the terms and conditions of Ryanair and other operators? I am just saying that people shouldn't focus too much on Ryanair. Sure, I would say if you are looking at building hours and fly on a brand new jet then it would be a good job for this purpose, better than where I am now because we don't fly as much given the type of operation, but proceed with caution, eyes wide open and be ready to what has already been posted in the previous posts.

And I talked about benefits: I can confirm that my employer is not the only one looking after its pilots, there are more out there who are actively recruiting pilots. Even Eurowings have improved their terms.

And I have never said Ryanair is an employer to avoid working for. There's no bashing. You are interpreting my posts your own way.

Banana Joe, get off this thread and leave people alone. You clearly haven't a clue and you are wasting everyone's time. My time for you is over.

mas618
9th Nov 2018, 14:35
Anyone up for assessment 28. November 2018 1200 o'clock? Maybe want to hit the SIM at Upilot or Simtech to refresh beforehand? Let me know!

Regards

Martin

mas618
10th Nov 2018, 10:32
Anyone up for assessment 28. November 2018 1200 o'clock? Maybe want to hit the SIM at Upilot or Simtech to refresh beforehand? Let me know!

Regards

Martin
@ airbreed97 : thx for your message, however I cannot reply do to some restrictions in the message system. Do you have messenger or another platform I can reach you? For everyone else my apologies!

Magne
10th Nov 2018, 18:10
I got the same day and same time and would love to do a sim either 26th or 27th. Don’t personally know anything about upilot or simtech but read a lot of guys are recommending Upilot.

Please send me an email: [email protected]

Magne

Regards

Martin

MartinGrosso22
11th Nov 2018, 14:05
Hi Guys!

How long did it take to receive the cut-e email to do the tests?
I paid the fee few hours ago and i did not receive the email.

Regards!

catalin_di
11th Nov 2018, 18:19
If anyone wants to pair for a sim sesion at Upilot on the 27th, my email is [email protected], whatsup: +40724972728.

airbreed97
12th Nov 2018, 14:50
Hi guys, I'll attend the assessment on the 28th. I'll do a Simcheck sim session on the 27th. If someone wants to join, please PM me

Lad380
13th Nov 2018, 13:22
Hi guys, I'll attend the assessment on the 28th. I'll do a Simcheck sim session on the 27th. If someone wants to join, please PM me

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

Hi airbreed97, nice to meet you, i’m Michele and I’m from Italy as you. I’m a commercial pilot and I saw your last post. Can I have your mobile number as I can contact you for information?. Thanks.

Simo92
13th Nov 2018, 16:02
Hello guys,
anyone on FR 1851? introduction week will start 28 jan 2019 and type rating 20 feb 2019. Let me know =)

smthngdffrnt
13th Nov 2018, 16:24
Hi there, folks.

Does anyone know if it´s possible to find the documentation that FR sends before the sim assessment online? Just to take a look at the speeds/procedures they use and practice at home.

Thank you! Regards.

Zdun
15th Nov 2018, 18:58
Hi there,

I've just created "Ryanair FR1851 EMA" group on facebook (intro 28 Jan, TR 20 Feb). All course members are welcome!

Best Regards,
Piotr

77X
22nd Nov 2018, 11:01
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know whats the average reply time for an interview invitation after completing the online assessment?

costa_97
22nd Nov 2018, 22:36
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know whats the average reply time for an interview invitation after completing the online assessment?

Hi 77X, I completed the online assessment last friday (16th of November) and today CAE called me to invite me in Dublin for the assessment, without a previous e-mail.

Is there someone whom wants share a session in Simtech before the assessment on 3rd or 4th of December?

Alpha Papa Tango
24th Nov 2018, 10:26
Hi 77X, I completed the online assessment last friday (16th of November) and today CAE called me to invite me in Dublin for the assessment, without a previous e-mail.

Is there someone whom wants share a session in Simtech before the assessment on 3rd or 4th of December?

Hello Costa,
I might be interested in shaming a simtech session in the 4th in the afternoon. Would that be ok for you?

SeventhHeaven
24th Nov 2018, 12:40
Hello Costa,
I might be interested in shaming a simtech session in the 4th in the afternoon. Would that be ok for you?

That typo is priceless

Alpha Papa Tango
24th Nov 2018, 12:43
That typo is priceless
Ooooops! Hahaha :8

rale
24th Nov 2018, 19:24
Hi guys, anyone here going on assessment on 27th Nov in Dublin?

Tuc88
25th Nov 2018, 06:48
second thing after linetraining you get 30€ per day for OOB. try to pay your hotel/taxi/food with 30€

You don't get 30€ per day, you get 30€ per scheduled block hour. So on a typical day you will get around 150-200€ extra. That's usually more than enough to pay for a night at an airport hotel with the Ryanair rate + meals + take some money home. Of course it depends where they send you and how much you will fly but I have never heard of anyone being sent out of base just to be on standby.

MAN23R
25th Nov 2018, 08:16
Hello Costa,

hello, I've got an assessment on the 5th and at simtech on the 4th for simprep. Number is 07946559395

Scott

APSMCC123
25th Nov 2018, 21:41
Tuc88 try not to feed the trolls

speedbird97
27th Nov 2018, 19:19
Hello guys,

I have an assessment in Dublin on Wednesday 5th December. I am planning to book a session at simtech on the 4th and would like to ask if anyone would like to share this with me? I am planning for a 1100 start. Please message me if you are interested.

Thanks!

737Candy
27th Nov 2018, 21:22
Anybody signed up for the CAE 1827, with introweek at EMS 14.th january?

cheers.

Olivier1988
28th Nov 2018, 09:51
Anybody on the CAE 1829 course?

Good luck to all for the upcoming assessments!

Globally Challenged
28th Nov 2018, 10:33
I have an assessment as NTR FO (2500TT on bizjets) in Dublin on the 11th.

I’ve never been near the pointy end of a Boeing so I’m considering a prep sim (do you think it will be beneficial given my experience).

Im free between 7th and 10th if anyone else fancies coming in on it with me?

JOJO83
28th Nov 2018, 12:34
A Facebook Group has been created for those who start your type rating on the 20th Feb.18.
Search for Ryanair CAE 1828 - Amsterdam - Type Rating

edhelms
28th Nov 2018, 13:02
What about this new test online???

aqbcn
28th Nov 2018, 17:20
Hi there, anyone interested on sim preparation on the 2nd or the 3rd December (Simtech or Upilot)?

Banana Joe
28th Nov 2018, 23:20
What about this new test online???
cut-e tests (on the easy side) and some ATPL questions. Maybe also a sort of video interview, you can find more info.

APSMCC123
29th Nov 2018, 13:29
Does anyone know what they mean by e-learning at home during the three week break between the intro week and tr starting?

Banana Joe
29th Nov 2018, 14:51
Does anyone know what they mean by e-learning at home during the three week break between the intro week and tr starting?

Distance learning. They will give you login credentials to an e-learning platform like Pelesys or similar where you have CBTs.

SeventhHeaven
29th Nov 2018, 16:37
Hey guys , I did my first try on 23 of November 2017 , and I was waiting to get the call for the second one ( I have kept my profile always updated ) so my question is : do any of you received a second call ? And if yes how many days before the last assessment you received it ?
How can I get the chance to be called again ?

Many people get called again for a second time. Some after 6 months, some after 2 years!

Just keep your details updated.

Trollhunter
30th Nov 2018, 18:08
Hey peeps,

I have a job at the moment that I can give notice for but would rather serve out my contract in order to not burn bridges/leave people short and also increase my hours on current type from "did she even finish line training" to "Obviously an almost P2F contract she served out then bailed on" if that makes sense.

Do any of you know when/if you get the job with Ryanair if they just give you a start date and tell you to be there or will they happily slot you in a TR 6 months or more away? I wasn't expecting the process to move so fast but its like every time I submit something I get the email back the next day for the next bit. (Im doing the cadet application as I dont have the DE-FO hours.

Also I accidently selected "self sponsored" on the page which gets locked out but Ive been told this doesnt matter as they only have the bond option now.

Thanks for any answers :)

chicco04
1st Dec 2018, 14:16
Hey peeps,

I have a job at the moment that I can give notice for but would rather serve out my contract in order to not burn bridges/leave people short and also increase my hours on current type from "did she even finish line training" to "Obviously an almost P2F contract she served out then bailed on" if that makes sense.

Do any of you know when/if you get the job with Ryanair if they just give you a start date and tell you to be there or will they happily slot you in a TR 6 months or more away? I wasn't expecting the process to move so fast but its like every time I submit something I get the email back the next day for the next bit. (Im doing the cadet application as I dont have the DE-FO hours.

Also I accidently selected "self sponsored" on the page which gets locked out but Ive been told this doesnt matter as they only have the bond option now.

Thanks for any answers :)
Hey,

I was in the sim situation as you. The only rule is that you must start your training with RYR not more than 4 months after you passed your interview.
I got 3 months and 15 days before my start with RYR.

Even if you ticked self sponsored, they will ask you at the interview. Not an issue.

Hope that helps !

ellepi86
3rd Dec 2018, 06:04
Anybody signed up for the CAE 1827, with introweek at EMS 14.th january?

cheers.

Yes,
you can find a dedicated group on FB

AlainA
4th Dec 2018, 11:30
Guys, has anyone applied since the new online assesment but not heard anything or not received the online assesment invitation email? Or does anyone know the reason why I havent gotten a response? It has been a few months since I applied. I passed my integrated course this year, so all of my ratings etc are current. Thanks

I’ve applied by the November 20th and I received an invitation for the online tests 2 days after.
And I was called this morning for the interview in Dublin

Anyone called the January 4th, 2019 for the sim assessment?

AlainA
4th Dec 2018, 18:33
Do you mind me asking have you completed an MCC or MCC&JOC? Also, what country did you do your training? These are the only two things I could suspect that could be holding me back from getting called, cheers

I did an MCC/JOC at Cardiff Aviation and ATP Training in France

CharlieDontSurff
6th Dec 2018, 11:17
Hi all,

Appologies if this has already been posted but, I'm doing the online submission of all my various documents, it says English Launguage Proficiency Certificate (mandatory). I can't for the life of me remember ever getting one although it is printed of my licence being Level 6.

I guess my question is do you still get a call even if you maybe have something missing on the online application submissions (it's all a bit vague)

Cheers

airfire
8th Dec 2018, 18:27
Hi guys,

it's almost one week that I can't update anymore my application, someone know why?

Thanks!

Kejim
9th Dec 2018, 21:11
The ELP certificate is something you would have if ELP level is not printed on your license. As far as I know most Part-FCL licenses have it printed on them, so no extra certificate or anything.

Karan14
10th Dec 2018, 11:48
Hi everyone,

I applied on 5th November and positive answer on 7th December.Very friendly interview and had the same questions as posted here.

-Why did you choose your flight school?
-What would you do if you lose your medical ?

-Why swept wings?
-Which hight lift devices we have on the wing?
-Why do we prefer root stall instead of tip stall?
-how many seats on the 737-800?

In the sim I had climbing turns and descending turns, acceleration to 250kts,radar vectors to ILS 27 in Liverpool,and fire in the toilet 4 nm before FAP.
Got the positive answer on the 4th day, anyone on the intro week on 24th march in EMA and tr on 25th April in AMS?

betis
10th Dec 2018, 21:31
Hi everyone,

I applied on 5th November and positive answer on 7th December.Very friendly interview and had the same questions as posted here.

-Why did you choose your flight school?
-What would you do if you lose your medical ?

-Why swept wings?
-Which hight lift devices we have on the wing?
-Why do we prefer root stall instead of tip stall?
-how many seats on the 737-800?

In the sim I had climbing turns and descending turns, acceleration to 250kts,radar vectors to ILS 27 in Liverpool,and fire in the toilet 4 nm before FAP.
Got the positive answer on the 4th day, anyone on the intro week on 24th march in EMA and tr on 25th April in AMS?

Hi, I have the TR on the same date. I sent you a private message.

MartinGrosso22
11th Dec 2018, 16:48
Hi Guys! Anyone have an assessment the 9th of January and want to share some sessions in the simulator at simcheck or somewhere in Dublin before it?

Let me know! my email address is [email protected]

Good luck everyone !

dignified
11th Dec 2018, 20:04
:ok:Piece of cake preto, spend your money on some gift for your love ones, they cannot fill the vacancies all over Europe

voyotv
12th Dec 2018, 12:28
Did any of you attended an APS/MCC? Is is true that applicants with an APS have priority during the selection process over those only MCC?

You might get a slight edge, but simply because the APS is done on the very same simulator Ryanair uses for their assessments... So you will be familiar with the layout and confident in your ability when going in...
Apart from that, I don't see any advantage, the assessment could actually be harder if you have the APS, because they will expect more from you and give you more complex failures as opposed to the "normal" assessment, where you only have to demonstrate very basic handling skills, since you are unfamiliar with the aircraft and they simply can't expect you to perform perfectly.

The most important thing is COOPERATION with your partner and problem solving. They will teach you how to fly a 737 on your type rating, so that is not the priority for the assessment.

Briefings, CRM, TEM and handling of non-normal situations are the only things that matter...

Delta4982
12th Dec 2018, 13:44
Hi Guys,

Anyone on the CAE1831 course in Amsterdam?
Introduction starts 25 FEB 2019 in EMA.
There is a facebook group, search for CAE1831 Ryanair.

aviationfanatic
12th Dec 2018, 15:22
:ok:Piece of cake preto, spend your money on some gift for your love ones, they cannot fill the vacancies all over Europe

Can you please share more info with us? You seem to be well informed about vacancies in Ryanair

Kejim
12th Dec 2018, 16:01
Did any of you attended an APS/MCC? Is is true that applicants with an APS have priority during the selection process over those only MCC?

I did the APS-MCC, Ryanair themselves states that:
«Applicants holding a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF APS MCC-TRAINING in accordance with AMC2 FCL.735.A
-Will be given preference during selection
-Will be at a distinct advantage in the interview and assessment process.»

I know that a great percentage of the people with the APS-MCC have had a successful assessment, I do however not know how they compare to candidates with MCC/MCC+JOC, so I can´t tell for sure. Until now the amount of candidates holding APS-MCC has been limited, but I imagine this will change with time.

Anyway I would highly recommend doing the APS-MCC if you don´t already have completed a MCC course.

APSMCC123
13th Dec 2018, 11:31
I think it helped me a lot in the interview, having a APS MCC. It seemed both the assessor(s) and I enjoyed the experience, in that I handled the pressure well and they therefore had a easy life!

Platinum503
13th Dec 2018, 19:47
Could anyone who has had the online assessment recently give any insight into the atpl questions asked (30 in 10 mins).

Are they similar to the atpl question banks? Do they contain calculations/graph type questions etc or is it one sentence answers to questions?

Its been a while since I did my atpls and was wondering how much detail I have to revise i.e. going through 1000s of questions on the question banks again :sad:

Ta

wilcoo
14th Dec 2018, 15:52
Hello sammy spud! I am about to take the online assessment and I would appreciate if you could tell me of what it is about? I passed my ATPL 3 years ago and must be a lil rusty :/ Is there any subject they focus on ? Do they use the ATPL question bank ?
Thank you !

voyotv
14th Dec 2018, 16:02
Could anyone who has had the online assessment recently give any insight into the atpl questions asked (30 in 10 mins).

Are they similar to the atpl question banks? Do they contain calculations/graph type questions etc or is it one sentence answers to questions?

Its been a while since I did my atpls and was wondering how much detail I have to revise i.e. going through 1000s of questions on the question banks again :sad:

Ta

Questions are random from pretty much all the subjects. There are no complex questions or questions requiring calculation, only theoretical ones. It's an ultimate sprint and in my opinion they are not really assessing your knowledge with this one, but your ability to manage your time effectively. You got 20 seconds per question, so once you finish reading all the answers, you got maybe 1-2 seconds left to decide. If you have doubts and are deciding between 2 answers, just "roll the dice" and pick one, because otherwise you won't be able to finish in time.

And don't worry. Requirement to pass this one is nowhere near 75% as it's on the ATPL's. I would say its around 40% AT HIGHEST... So don't waste your time going through that huge 15.000 question bank again.

It's a similar story when it comes to the online "interview". They don't expect you to give the perfect answers. They are actually assessing your english language fluency/skills...

Before they introduced this "stage 1 online assessment", about 20% of candidates that got invited to the interview in Dublin failed their assessment, simply because their english wasn't good enough. They wanted to reduce that number, so they came up with this "online test".

Platinum503
14th Dec 2018, 21:29
Thanks Voyotv, that makes sense.

Bighit2
14th Dec 2018, 21:51
Anyone here starting in AMS in April?

mas618
17th Dec 2018, 10:38
Affirm.
Cae1832

mas618
17th Dec 2018, 17:30
It seems you replied to my post, but I cannot see it anymore?
Shoot me a private message with your email for further regarding EMA. You may have to empty your inbox here at pprune in order to send a message..

betis
19th Dec 2018, 18:36
Anyone in CAE course 1833????

betis
19th Dec 2018, 18:44

I answered your private message but you have your inbox full. My course is CAE1833

wilcoo
27th Dec 2018, 13:35
Hi,

I just received this invitation to online assessment, of course, I needed to pay €55.
Can You give me some tips, how to prepare? What they asking about.

Hi,
I finished this part and passed.

First 5 exercise was like a video game, quite easy. I think no needed special preparation.

Then ATPL it was multiple choice, but time was limited- 30 questions in 10 minutes. So You have about 20 second on each.... and it was a normal ATPL question like on an exam. Sometimes reading a question and answers takes about 20 seconds. Last 5 questions was blind shooting.

And last part: video interview. You read a question and have 30-60 sec for it and preparation. Then You need to talk lil bit.
Prepare standard HR questions like: Why RYR? Your strenghts. Tell me about You aviation career etc.

Good Luck Guys!

HI! How much time after the online assessment did you get an answer from CAE! I did it the 20th of dec and still no answer so far... :/

Thanks !

mas618
28th Dec 2018, 13:10
A week or so for me, and if you count in Christmas holidays, I'm sure you'll hear something by January!
Best of luck!

​​​​​

theaccountant
4th Jan 2019, 10:01
HI! How much time after the online assessment did you get an answer from CAE! I did it the 20th of dec and still no answer so far... :/

Thanks !
Hi, I did mine the 19th, no answer at the moment.

flyfly87
4th Jan 2019, 14:42
I also did mine on 20th Dec and I have no answer...I don't know what to expect about that...

yass60
4th Jan 2019, 15:14
Hi, I did mine the 19th, no answer at the moment.

I did mine 19th of Dec as well and still nothing... :/

wilcoo
4th Jan 2019, 15:36
Thanks voyotv!

KFJK747
4th Jan 2019, 19:36
Hi, has someone maybe done the online assesment already in 2019 or by the end of 2018 and can share what questions had in the "video part" ?

basedpilot
5th Jan 2019, 07:18
Can anyone give me some feedback? I have applied in 2016 via the CAE Website > Program > Ryanair. I have first time passes with a high average and an integrated fATPL.
I regularly update my CV and information on the site, I have yet to be called by Ryanair, what gives?

voyotv
5th Jan 2019, 14:43
Can anyone give me some feedback? I have applied in 2016 via the CAE Website > Program > Ryanair. I have first time passes with a high average and an integrated fATPL.
I regularly update my CV and information on the site, I have yet to be called by Ryanair, what gives?

You don't meet all the requirements?
You ain't current with your flying? (since you finished your training back in 2016)
Do you have the MCC?

You did not provide enough information. We can only speculate.

ItsFull
6th Jan 2019, 06:23
Hi, has someone maybe done the online assesment already in 2019 or by the end of 2018 and can share what questions had in the "video part" ?
Done it recently and was expecting just HR questions but got one saying “Describe the electrical system of tour last aircraft”...
Although if Im not mistaken, theres an statement previous to that part that says the questions wont assess your knowledge but your language skills... Hope it helps!

hru
7th Jan 2019, 19:29
Hi guys .
Done the online assessment on the 17 th of December if i remember correctly , got an email on 20/12 . phone call 7th of Jan . Will have an assessment in Dublin on the 15th of January .
Anyone else going on the 15th ?
Thanks

mas618
8th Jan 2019, 06:32
A couple of people a have written me to ask questions. I'll happily answer, but I can't answer you if you don't empty your inbox. I believe it can only hold one message at a time.

Regards

Mas

theaccountant
8th Jan 2019, 07:31
Hi guys .
Done the online assessment on the 17 th of December if i remember correctly , got an email on 20/12 . phone call 7th of Jan . Will have an assessment in Dublin on the 15th of January .
Anyone else going on the 15th ?
Thanks
Hi,
As said few posts ago, I did mine the 19th (few days aft you) of December. No positive or negative email at the moment, keeping finger crossed for an answer coming maybe this week.
​​

Agus_
8th Jan 2019, 15:13
Hola! Te he mandado un correo al mail a traves del servicio de mensajes de PPRUNE. Agradecería tu respuesta compañero.
Gracias de antemano!

=================================

As a new poster your posts are checked by a human being before they appear. It lasts for a limited number of posts.

Works purely to cut out the scamsters, crooks, malware merchants and lonely Nigerian ladies. Same reason you can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

flyfly87
8th Jan 2019, 15:19
Hi,
As said few posts ago, I did mine the 19th (few days after you) of December. No positive or negative email at the moment, keeping finger crossed for an answer coming maybe this week.
​​
I did mine on 20th December and I received an email the 7th january.

pilot freak
8th Jan 2019, 19:59
Any more feedback from APS MCC course graduates who got accepted at Ryanair?

Agus_
8th Jan 2019, 20:21
Congrats and good luck on 15th!

Agus_
8th Jan 2019, 20:23
Thank you very much, and congratulations!

zocfto
9th Jan 2019, 09:19
Hey Guys,

Can anyone share intel regarding Ryanair's TR run by CAE? My questions are:
Do they prefer integrated training or modular? The flight school I want to join provides 170 flight hours and appr. 20 hrs simulator in integrated and appr. 220 hrs in the modular version. Trying to figure out which one fits better Ryanair's expectations.
Do they tend to reject candidates who did not pass all ATPL exams at first?
Is there a waiting list before and/or after doing the TR?
Once a cadet completes the type rating, is Ryanair assigning him/her to a base according to their preference or can you end up at your home base or preferred base?
Any info about how the bond is being deducted over the first five years and what are the current salaries offered to cadets joining after this program?

I know that some of these questions were touched earlier, but there's a lot of contradicting info out there, so I hope to hear about the most recent experiences.

Thanks, folks!

aviationfanatic
9th Jan 2019, 10:59
Hey Guys,

Do they prefer integrated training or modular? The flight school I want to join provides 170 flight hours and appr. 20 hrs simulator in integrated and appr. 220 hrs in the modular version. Trying to figure out which one fits better Ryanair's expectations.
Once a cadet completes the type rating, is Ryanair assigning him/her to a base according to their preference or can you end up at your home base or preferred base?
Any info about how the bond is being deducted over the first five years and what are the current salaries offered to cadets joining after this program?

I know that some of these questions were touched earlier, but there's a lot of contradicting info out there, so I hope to hear about the most recent experiences.

Thanks, folks!

You haven't started your training yet and you are nearly asking for a copy of the employment contract. If I were you, I would start the training first, do your best to complete it as best as you can and then ask the questions.

Unless you are working for the Pink competitor (Hungary) and you are just looking for info then sorry.

dimk
9th Jan 2019, 12:31
Hey Guys,

Thanks, folks!

Doesn't matter if you are integrated or modular, they hire both as long as you are good at what you are doing. If you have some ATPL exams passed not on the first attempt you might expect some extra questions on the tech interview (not necessarily though).

zocfto
9th Jan 2019, 18:31
You haven't started your training yet and you are nearly asking for a copy of the employment contract. If I were you, I would start the training first, do your best to complete it as best as you can and then ask the questions.

Unless you are working for the Pink competitor (Hungary) and you are just looking for info then sorry.
No, I'm not working for any competitors, as mentioned I'm about to start my training. As you obviously know, there's no 'the training', but several different paths and before starting one of them, I'm trying to find out as much as possible to make sure that I pick the right training at the right school, etc.

zocfto
9th Jan 2019, 18:33
Thanks dimk

theaccountant
11th Jan 2019, 10:07
Any news about cut e test results from someone who didi it around 15/20 Dec? Still waiting a feedback as fo me

hru
11th Jan 2019, 11:21
To all the guys who did the online assessment and still no answer, you should know that you also get an answer if you are not successful(a friend of mine got one) so as long as you got no answer, keep your hopes high, it can surely be a positive answer.
Best of luck

Wondrex
12th Jan 2019, 09:35
Hi guys, to all new people joining RYR with the bonded contract, specially UK, be aware that the contract that they are offering at the moment after Line Training, it is not what they will offer you in the emails.
Myself and my whole TR course were told at HQ during wings ceremony that the Line training contract of 21K per year, 16.04 pounds SBH (6 months) ends when you get line check and then you get a FO contract. Now we all finished LT and we have been told that we get the new contract when the 6 months ends. Which means you spend 2-3 months working on the line getting paid like training.
The other thing is that you won't get the FO contract that they promise on the emails, you'll get a Second Officer contract, which in the UK is 39K and 5 pounds SBH.
Just to create awareness of this SCAM, because I have no other words to describe it.

Alright .... Do you know if it's the same for EU bases ? And what are the big differences between a SO and FO contract ?

aguriga
12th Jan 2019, 10:21
Quick question. I have an assessment in around 10 days and I have to catch a flight to return to my country at 5pm the same day. Will I be able to catch it or the whole assesment last until 6pm as stated on the briefing?

Thank you!

RomanK
12th Jan 2019, 10:40
Quick question. I have an assessment in around 10 days and I have to catch a flight to return to my country at 5pm the same day. Will I be able to catch it or the whole assesment last until 6pm as stated on the briefing?

Thank you!

Mid 2018 (before the online assessment was put in place) candidates were released between 1p.m.and 2:30p.m. at last. I don't think today the screening is longer

ClaudioSanto
12th Jan 2019, 13:04
Guys I am going on the 21st. Anyone??

Platinum503
12th Jan 2019, 15:49
Alright .... Do you know if it's the same for EU bases ? And what are the big differences between a SO and FO contract ?

Did you not read and sign a contract before you started, to make sure everything would be as expected?
An email isn't an acceptable agreement with which to start a job. If you haven't signed anything then surely you could leave with a free type rating and there's not much anyone could do to get that money back off you. I wouldn't imagine Ryanair would risk that.

mas618
13th Jan 2019, 06:24

Thank you!
My assessment didn't finish until 5.30, but they did ask if anyone had a flight to catch, in which case those would go first into sim and interview. So if you're scheduled to start in the morning, I wouldn't worry about it.

flyfan
13th Jan 2019, 09:13
Hi guys, to all new people joining RYR with the bonded contract, specially UK, be aware that the contract that they are offering at the moment after Line Training, it is not what they will offer you in the emails.
Myself and my whole TR course were told at HQ during wings ceremony that the Line training contract of 21K per year, 16.04 pounds SBH (6 months) ends when you get line check and then you get a FO contract. Now we all finished LT and we have been told that we get the new contract when the 6 months ends. Which means you spend 2-3 months working on the line getting paid like training.
The other thing is that you won't get the FO contract that they promise on the emails, you'll get a Second Officer contract, which in the UK is 39K and 5 pounds SBH.
Just to create awareness of this SCAM, because I have no other words to describe it.

I can 2nd what Porcellino wrote, SO Basic in Eastern Europe 20,4k €/a + I have no clue about the SBH rates there.

armi
13th Jan 2019, 09:28
Hi guys,
I did mine the pre assessment 22 of December but still no answer from them. Anyone in the same condition? Thanks

aviationfanatic
14th Jan 2019, 07:40

Not sure why you say that this is a SCAM when in fact you are a second officer up to 500h (you should have about 300 when you finish your training)
You should tell the full story and not only what's convenient to you. Never heard of anyone getting an FO contract after training. You probably mean JFO which is a different thing!

flyfan
14th Jan 2019, 09:57
^^ Whatever title they're giving to you...be it SO, JFO, FO or whatever:
The FAQs told us to expect a JFO salary from 1st Line Check to 15ooh; when in fact you get an SO salary to 5ooh, thereafter (J)FO to 15oo, thereafter SFO salary to Captain. So after your first Line Check expect to be on your training salary for quite a while and thereafter on a SO salary.

aviationfanatic
14th Jan 2019, 10:47
^^ Whatever title they're giving to you...be it SO, JFO, FO or whatever:
The FAQs told us to expect a JFO salary from 1st Line Check to 15ooh; when in fact you get an SO salary to 5ooh, thereafter (J)FO to 15oo, thereafter SFO salary to Captain. So after your first Line Check expect to be on your training salary for quite a while and thereafter on a SO salary.

First line check or after the 6 months training contract? As far as I know it's after the 6 months training contract and not the first line check.

flyfan
14th Jan 2019, 11:06
First line check or after the 6 months training contract? As far as I know it's after the 6 months training contract and not the first line check.

"Fully checked out" is the exact wording.

Porcellino
14th Jan 2019, 11:56
Not sure why you say that this is a SCAM when in fact you are a second officer up to 500h (you should have about 300 when you finish your training)
You should tell the full story and not only what's convenient to you. Never heard of anyone getting an FO contract after training. You probably mean JFO which is a different thing!

Hi aviationfanatic, I freely say it's a scam because I was told that by RYR. Never in any email that anyone sent me says I will be a Second FO or JFO. I'm telling what happened to me to make people aware. So they wouldn't be surprised as me or my whole training course.
Even when we where in wings ceremony day at HQ we asked about this, and we were told in our faces "you get a First Officer contract after your Line Check". It's been month and a half after Line Check and I still haven't seen anything.
Also in which way is this convenient to me? As I say, letting people know, because during Type Rating training you'll hear a lot of things.

Banana Joe
14th Jan 2019, 12:55
Let it go Porcellino, it happened. Just let it go before some brainwashed wannabe comes around and tells you off as it happened to me a couple of months ago. Let them find out the hard way.

aviationfanatic
14th Jan 2019, 13:12
"Fully checked out" is the exact wording.
Exactly! Fully checked out means completion of the 2nd line check as it should be included in the course plan

aviationfanatic
14th Jan 2019, 13:13
Let it go Porcellino, it happened. Just let it go before some brainwashed wannabe comes around and tells you off as it happened to me a couple of months ago. Let them find out the hard way.
you are back Banana Joe, we missed you terribly! You are the saddest individual on this forum

Banana Joe
14th Jan 2019, 14:28
you are back Banana Joe, we missed you terribly! You are the saddest individual on this forum
Realistic would be the correct term.

Agus_
16th Jan 2019, 15:21
Hello betis! You didnt received my private message?

---------------------------------------

MartinGrosso22
16th Jan 2019, 19:35
Hi guys, anyone starting with the introduction week April 8th in EMA and AMS for the type rating May 8th? Let me know anyone that has this dates. My email is [email protected]

aviationfanatic
17th Jan 2019, 14:04
It seems there is no more spots at East Midlands for remainder of the year, anyone been through the process recently that can shed any light?

Everyone seems is doing the TR at AMS, is there any earlier dates then now Mid May?

They have courses running all year so not sure where you are getting this info from

mas618
18th Jan 2019, 03:28
They have courses running all year so not sure where you are getting this info from
When you're "in the system" you can just write them and ask to be put on wait list for any cancellations at either AMS, STD or EMA. .

A320LGW
18th Jan 2019, 23:35
Can someone confirm how the display is? I have seen an old prep package stating they change the display to not have altitude and speed display on the PFD and there is no ND. Is this true and that they have a classic 6 pack display, not the standard 737NG display used? I am going to use PMDG 737NGX to prepare for this so would like to have an idea of what display i should try to use if it is non standard. Thanks all.

Banana Joe
18th Jan 2019, 23:40
Can someone confirm how the display is? I have seen an old prep package stating they change the display to not have altitude and speed display on the PFD and there is no ND. Is this true and that they have a classic 6 pack display, not the standard 737NG display used? I am going to use PMDG 737NGX to prepare for this so would like to have an idea of what display i should try to use if it is non standard. Thanks all.
You've got very old information. That used to be the case, but now it's just pure ND and PFD and no 6 pack display imitating a 737CL EFIS. And the ND is TRK UP but you will fly with it in FULL COMPASS ROSE mode which is HDG UP. It still gives you track, as does the compass card on the PFD below the AI.

A320LGW
19th Jan 2019, 00:15
You've got very old information. That used to be the case, but now it's just pure ND and PFD and no 6 pack display imitating a 737CL EFIS. And the ND is TRK UP but you will fly with it in FULL COMPASS ROSE mode which is HDG UP. It still gives you track, as does the compass card on the PFD below the AI.

brilliant, thanks

A320LGW
19th Jan 2019, 00:16
I had an interesting conversation with a Ryanair recruiter yesterday. It looks like from May 2019 they will be accepting only APS MCC applicants for the CAE cadet program. Anyone else is able to confirm this?

I hope not, the majority of schools do not do the APS MCC and if you are integrated you do not have the option to do your MCC at another place. Will be very complicated if they do this.

falinari
20th Jan 2019, 17:04
Someone who did the sim assessment for cadet could tell me which sid he flow and if they wants you to fly it following flight director indications in LNAV or HDG select? Because in the briefing pack it isn’t clear. Thank you guys!!

Banana Joe
20th Jan 2019, 19:05
None of that, full raw data, ask the PM to put the heading on top (HDG bug).

Jamesflyer1
21st Jan 2019, 10:54
Hello Guys !
I’m trying to get my head around Ryanair Cadet application
has anyone applied lately with an U.K. licence and got an answer
due to Brexit speculations, would it not be a smarter move to wait a bit before applying ?

Thanks

MartinGrosso22
21st Jan 2019, 21:30
Anyone in CAE 1902 starting 8th April in EMA and 8th May in AMS?

A320LGW
21st Jan 2019, 22:43
they have dates filled until may already? :/ ... seems there's gonna be a long wait if successful any of the coming months

mas618
22nd Jan 2019, 04:19
they have dates filled until may already? :/ ... seems there's gonna be a long wait if successful any of the coming months
Try Eurowings were they offer a TR sometime in August or September... Og more recently just to be put on wait list... Seems the TR capacity in Europe is reaching its limits..

AlainA
22nd Jan 2019, 07:02

Hi Martin,

I’m also in the CAE1902 ;-)
One of my classmate too

hru
22nd Jan 2019, 09:02
I’m also in the TR starting 8th April in EMA and 8th May in AMS . Feel free to contact [email protected]

MartinGrosso22
22nd Jan 2019, 10:53
Contact me via [email protected] :)

pilot freak
22nd Jan 2019, 12:55
Anyone has an idea how many cadets they will take this year?