PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

TheFlyingFrenchman66
22nd Dec 2016, 22:36
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forum for quite a long time now, but it is my first message on it.

I applied to Ryanair about one month ago, and I didn't recevied anything yet. I know one month is not a lot, but I saw some guys being called a few days after application.

I just want to make sure my application is complete, because the cae website is not very clear. Here is what I have .

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/740809411.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=740809411.png)

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/733073592.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=733073592.png)

Could anyone confirm this is correct ? Because I don't see anything like "thank you for your application" or "application completed" etc..

Thanks a lot for you answer !!

JohanP
23rd Dec 2016, 07:24
TheFlyingFrenchman66, no worries, your page is normal!
It is possible that they call people in function of the bases they put in the system. That's why we use to say that it is really random... because we don't really know the needs for a particular moment.
CAE is in charge of the recruitment but they probably get instructions from Ryanair.
Anyway, 1 month waiting is nothing! Patience is going to be your friend in aviation and it starts now ;)
All I said is what I think, based on discussions with others pilots, it might be true or not!

TheFlyingFrenchman66
23rd Dec 2016, 08:49
Thank you very much JohanP :)

FlyNavComm
28th Dec 2016, 10:11
Hi Everyone !
Anyone attending the RYR assessment on the 17th of January ??
Please DM :)
Cheers

mattts
28th Dec 2016, 10:36
Hi,
If anyone is also attending an APC1605 on 26th Jan in EMA, please feel free to join the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/APC1605/

eimin
29th Dec 2016, 06:49
hello guys, a random question...

does anyone know if it is possible to change the bases of preference you selected the first time you submitted the application?

thankyou!

pilotxavi
29th Dec 2016, 11:24
Hi everybody. I has the phone call two days ago and they tolds me they check with rayanair the interview, but in the call they did me two diferents text to answer with 4 questions each. It´s really rare.

What are you thinking about?

echocharlie3012
29th Dec 2016, 13:16

does anyone know if it is possible to change the bases of preference you selected the first time you submitted the application?

thankyou!
Hi Eimin,

Yes it is. You just go to your Ryanair training request on CAE webpage and the press "Edit" on the left margin.

Cheers ;)

echocharlie3012
29th Dec 2016, 13:18
Hi all,
Submitted my application for CAE 1st of December but haven't heard anything at all?!
Anyone here that applied later and have heard something? I know it's only 3 weeks and some wait for years, but a buddy from flight school applied few days before me and already received the phone call... :ugh::ugh:
AviatiorJones,

I applied December 2nd and they call me December 20st. Anyway, don't worry about that, i'm sure they will contact you soon ;)

Cheers

FR1000
29th Dec 2016, 14:24
Good afternoon,
Those of you who have completed or are about to attend the type rating, what are you doing to prepare?
Mine begins in a few months and I don't know what I should be looking at other than the usual places like smart cockpit etc.. Is there a particular site or piece of software that most Ryanair cadets use? Thanks

Nowtom
2nd Jan 2017, 10:47
Hello guys, anyone here for the assessment on 10th January??

olcosse
2nd Jan 2017, 10:56
Hey guys ! Anybody's going to Dublin on the 18th ?

Doeing
2nd Jan 2017, 16:03
Yes, I am actually!

FRMLT100
2nd Jan 2017, 18:33
Hey guys , when you did receive the email for the phone call ? I received mine last week but still nothing for now.

Marcuso92
3rd Jan 2017, 13:32
Hey guys,

Is it possible to apply once again after getting a negative call after assessment day (over one year ago)? Do you know someone who got to assessment for a second time?

And then. Can i apply with the same account on cae? Because i can't crate a new with the same personal information.

Sky95
3rd Jan 2017, 20:34
Anyone has info about the cost of the apc program and how is??

zubairways
3rd Jan 2017, 20:44

thankyou!
Nope, the bases you select first are seen to be youre actual preffered bases, making any changes post the initial selection is seen as making changes to simply increase youre chances of being called for an assessment. I enquired about this 6 months ago, and thats the response I received directly from CAE.

zubairways
3rd Jan 2017, 20:47
What's the latest on training bond for cadets?

Depends where youre from, its being offered to people from Certain regions across eastern europe, PM me i'll tell you more.

rudestuff
3rd Jan 2017, 21:55
So do you base preferences effect your chances of getting called for selection?

maverickflyer
4th Jan 2017, 03:56
Anybody attending the assessment on the 24th of January? PM me if you are (I dont have the rights to send PMs yet)

pilotxavi
4th Jan 2017, 11:38
hello guys,
I recived the call interview last week, but I´m not response nothing about my interview and I don´t know if I passed.
How long they take to call???

Emb170driverusa
4th Jan 2017, 15:31
Good morning,
My name is James and Im currently Employed with a regional airlines as a First Officer in the USA.
I hold an ICAO ATPL with more than 2000 hours total time and more than 500 hours on the EMB170 aircraft.
I was reading that IAA could possibly issued a temporary license that will allow me to fly during the time that I will get the 14 aeronautical knowledge test done.
I would like to know if there is the possibility in my situation to be consider for a first officer position with Ryanair.
Anybody has any information?... thank you!

Antoiine22
4th Jan 2017, 16:09
Hello everyone,

It has been talked a lot, but I couldn't find a pretty clear answer about it.

I received the email the 27/12 and then the call on the 29/12. The girl from CAE ams was nice, she asked me questions about training and then read the text followed by 2 easy questions. I answered correctly and at the end she told me she will send my file to Ryanair for feedback and I should receive an email beginning of this week... But still no news...

Question is => What does that mean? Failed or not? She even told me "don't forget your school report and references when you'll go to Dublin"etc... Why would she say that if I failed?

Thanks!

den07fc
4th Jan 2017, 17:03
Hello!

Is it possible to apply again/delete current training request, after recieveng a negative email? (I haven't had an interview, of a phone call, only an email that says "RYR application_unable to proceed")

It seems to be impossible to create new account with the same personal info...

Lsng
4th Jan 2017, 19:24
Hi!
Is anyone here in the CAE 1634 AMS type rating group?
If so, is there a facebook group to join?

olcosse
5th Jan 2017, 10:56
Hey guys ! For those who are going to Dublin on the 18th please send me a PM, we've created a WhatsApp group for everyone going on that date

andrei278
6th Jan 2017, 08:02
I'm going to Dublin on the 16th, anyone else?

Flyer1988
6th Jan 2017, 17:12
Hi everyone, Ive just completed my ATPL exams and looking to start the CPL/IR with a school and then the MCC/JOC.

My question is, is there a particular school that is preferred upon application or would you say its not much of an issue at which school your CPL/IR training is done?

And same with the MCC, any particular schools that are preferred?

Thanks for your time, I just want to make a wise choice as it is a heavy financial investment at the same time!

Thanks

PFDriver
6th Jan 2017, 22:39
Not that I know of. I did MCC/JOC at Simtech (Dublin) where they used to do their assessments and I was still turned down at the interview along with 6 other guys (we were 8 that day, only 1 passed). I guess the thing with MCC is really to have the certificate in your hands, it doesn't really matter what type you did it in or where, you'll have enough time to worry about the specific plane once you get to your type rating.

FlyNavComm
9th Jan 2017, 10:15
Hello guys,
Still nobody for the assessment on 17th of January ?

767neos
10th Jan 2017, 22:56
Hi everybody. I has the phone call two days ago and they tolds me they check with rayanair the interview, but in the call they did me two diferents text to answer with 4 questions each. It´s really rare.

What are you thinking about?

Hi pilotxavi, it happened the same to me (but only one text). I got the call on 18th October and I'm still waiting for an answer. Did you have any fail in any practical or theoretical exam?

Hello everyone,

It has been talked a lot, but I couldn't find a pretty clear answer about it.

I received the email the 27/12 and then the call on the 29/12. The girl from CAE ams was nice, she asked me questions about training and then read the text followed by 2 easy questions. I answered correctly and at the end she told me she will send my file to Ryanair for feedback and I should receive an email beginning of this week... But still no news...

Question is => What does that mean? Failed or not? She even told me "don't forget your school report and references when you'll go to Dublin"etc... Why would she say that if I failed?

Thanks!

Hi pilotxavi and Antoiine22, it happened the same to me (but only with one text for pilotxavi). I got the call on 18th October and I'm still waiting for an answer. Did you have any fail in any practical or theoretical exam? Our situation is very strange. A friend of mine, around 3 years ago, got the call from Ryanair. He had 2 fails in atpl subjects and after one week after the call he received an email which said that he hadn't passed the phone interview because there were too much applicants. So the meaning of the email was that he didn't pass the phone interview because of the two fails.

maverickflyer
11th Jan 2017, 07:18
Guys, anybody in for the 24th?

InfinityFlight
11th Jan 2017, 20:49
Does anyone know when and if we can re-apply if assessment was unsuccessful?

Thank you

Nergalinio
11th Jan 2017, 20:49
Hello guys,
Is somebody for the assessment on 23th of January ?

zubairways
13th Jan 2017, 12:25
Anyone has info about the cost of the apc program and how is??
Its about 6000 euros for a fancy MCC and JOC. The rest of the training's paid for by the Airline. Bonded 3 years or 6 cant remember.

navi9
14th Jan 2017, 08:51
Hi Folks,

I have applied for RYR 17/10/2016 and I have received email saying :

Dear,

Thank you for applying to the Ryanair TR program. We can confirm we have received your online application. For your reference, your training request number... If your application is selected to proceed, we will contact you in the future.

Regards,
CAE

I have MCC qualification. So any idea guys ? Thanks in advance for any comments...

captain.weird
14th Jan 2017, 08:57
Where can you do this APC?

MiG_29
14th Jan 2017, 16:10
Hello guys,
Is somebody for the assessment on 23th of January ?

Hello,

I will be in Dublin on 23th too

pipposky
14th Jan 2017, 16:32
hello guys,
anyone who is going to the assessment the 20th?

any news about last assessment? how they were?

Thanks and anyway good luck to all :)

FRMLT100
15th Jan 2017, 12:34
hello guys,
anyone who is going to the assessment the 20th?

any news about last assessment? how they were?

Thanks and anyway good luck to all :)
Hi pipposky,

I m in for the 20th as well :) !

blacktip
15th Jan 2017, 13:24
Hi guys,

just wondering... is there any way for a second chance in Ryanair?I did the assessment a year ago and since then i tried to update my profile hoping for a second call... any tips? tnx!!

InColdBlood
16th Jan 2017, 11:01
me too...i tried but i can't apply again...i don't know why...

pilotesse
16th Jan 2017, 14:47
Quick question for all the people that got the email about the phone call and received the phone call but were not given an assessment date.
Does this mean you failed the phone call or did you eventually get another email/ phone call with an assessment date?

pilotesse
16th Jan 2017, 14:55
Teemes, I got the exact same thing on the phone. Just confirming dates, exam marks, etc... and in the end I was told my application was to be discussed to Ryanair and they'd get back to me later. I got another call 25 minutes later saying Ryanair wanted to proceed with my application and I was offered a date. That is all i can help with ;) Good luck!
PFDriver any idea why they might have not given you a date immediately? Did you have first time passes in everything?

pilotesse
16th Jan 2017, 15:02
Hi, I have a question for you. Maybe someone is in my same situation. I applied to Ryanair around two months ago. After three weeks I received the "famous" email and then the call from a woman from CAE. After few questions and a small english test, she did not give me a date for the assessment but she told me that she had to send back to Ryanair my datas and I will be contacted by Ryanair with a response about the Interview and if positive with the date of the assessment. I passed every exam, theoretical and practical, at the first attempt (with the average of 91% in the ATPL theoretical exams), but after more than one month I did not receive any email / call. Do you have any idea?

Regards
767Neos did you ever hear anything from Ryanair in the end?

PFDriver
17th Jan 2017, 01:11
I don't think that is even a problem to be honest. I have multiple friends flying there who had a couple retakes, and from what I can remember they were all offered a date on the first call. I got the second phone call after 20 minutes with a date...

Honestly, lets just stop trying to understand Ryanair's criteria :ugh:

zubairways
17th Jan 2017, 12:09
UK and Irish pilots aren't even being called for an assessment, The high attrition rate of UK pilots leaving European bases has changed the recruitment policy for good. I spoke with a senior figure with the Airline at the EMA training facility, he reckons the conditions i.e the likelihood of getting a phone call wont change for the next couple of years at the very least.
Amidst their continued expansion plans I suppose Ryanair are trying to be operationally slick in trying to reduce the uncertainly of pilots leaving for other jobs, fair play although there some very good pilots here in the UK with a very good work ethic.
Lets hope Mark Duffy realises this and re-thinks the recruitment strategy for an all rounded fair approach giving everyone an equal chance of getting through.
After all Ryanair is probably the most rewarding airline to work for in Europe and gives us all a fighting chance for our dream's to come true.

mircroswitch
18th Jan 2017, 21:58
So amongst all the speculation, has anyone applied within the last few weeks or perhaps before Christmas and received any contact from CAE?

pilotesse
19th Jan 2017, 13:51
Yep, my friend applied like 3 week ago and he got the email last Friday. However when they asked him if he passed everything first time and he explained that he failed his IR the first time they thanked him and didn't give him an assessment date. I've heard that Ryanair don't hire people that failed the IR the first time so I'm assuming he failed the telephone interview because he got his IR on the second try (he passed everything else first time and got a 96% average in the theory subjects).

pilotesse
19th Jan 2017, 14:59
Nope not Irish or English but he did do his training in the UK though I doubt that makes much of a difference

Blueskyhigh
19th Jan 2017, 16:00
GUYS ANYONE FOR THE ASSESMENT ON 1st OF FEBRUARY?

boing737
19th Jan 2017, 21:59
Yes, I am also on the 23 jan assessment

Avimaxair
20th Jan 2017, 11:21
Hello all,
This is my first post, I am new in this forum. Anyone attending to CAE 1635 next April 3 ?
Regards

Mlambin
20th Jan 2017, 20:27
I am in the same position as you are. I am desperately waiting for a call!

rudestuff
20th Jan 2017, 20:56
Nothing heard since I applied in October... coincidence that I'm 38?

Boldpilot2000
20th Jan 2017, 23:49
What simulator is being used for the assessment?

appfo09
21st Jan 2017, 09:28
Copy of CPL result (1st series; partial; 2nd series; etc)

What should I upload in case I don't have the exam results anymore? This has not been marked with an asterisk so I guess it is not a requirement in order for your application to be processed further.

Do you have to upload all the documents to receive a call from them?

Any thoughts? Thank you!

767neos
21st Jan 2017, 22:01
767Neos did you ever hear anything from Ryanair in the end?

Hi pilotesse,

No, I'm still waiting. And you? I think this way to treat people is not so correct.

jo_pilot
22nd Jan 2017, 18:16
To answer a couple of questions.

I applied in June last year and did not hear anything until the email came late November and CAE called me early Decemeber. On the assessment early January we were 8 people from all across Europe. I believe the ages were 23, 24, 25, 25, 32, 32, 33 and 37. Some of the others had only waited a month or two while others had applied 1,5 year ago. I have a friend who applied about 8 weeks after me and got an interview a couple of weeks after that and others are still waiting.

I know how it feels not knowing anything but it's a freakn' lottery to be honest. Not much you can do about it. One thing to do is to keep updating your profile. I just uploaded my new medical a week before I got the email. No idea if that had anything to do with it or not but it can not hurt.

The simulator for the assessment is a fixed base 737 NG. So looks just like the real thing. The controlls are quite heavy compared to the Simtech simulator or the one I used during IR training.

I did not uppload my CPL results on my profile, I did however, have them with me plus copies for them to keep. No idea if they looked at it. I only had the required files uploaded.

AeroST
22nd Jan 2017, 20:13
Blueskyhight, I ve got my assessment on the 1st February too ;)

sr71bbc
22nd Jan 2017, 21:41
Can any1 enlighten on which sid are being use lately

Hr question , tech question pretty much same old,

Is the sim frozen when doing dodar/nits and approach brief,

Is simtech still being used?

jo_pilot
23rd Jan 2017, 07:01
Don't worry too much about the SID, it was amended straight away on our clearance.

HR questions were pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself, do you know what the TR is like, did you apply to any other airlines, will you be able to pay for the TR, where do you see yourself in 5 years. And of course some questions around my answers.

Sim was not frozen initially. We had just joined a hold over EME, when we got smoke in the cabin. So we decided to land ASAP, dodar was done flying the hold and we decided to make one more lap in the hold to set up for the ILS 27 (I was too high for the ILS anyway). Both I and my sim mate handed over controlls and started setting up and briefe the approach. Then the sim froze and we were moved and asked where we were on the plate. We were then moved again to an interception course for the ILS. We did not do the NITS since we suddenly were moved and the emergency kind of just slipped away.

I was at Simtech in May last year and I met a guy who did his assessment there. However, I don't think they use Simtech anymore at all.

Blueskyhigh
23rd Jan 2017, 18:17
Blueskyhight, I ve got my assessment on the 1st February too ;)

Great! Contact me PM so :)

Gab737
24th Jan 2017, 10:34
Got my assessment on 1st february too!

andrei278
24th Jan 2017, 12:12
I passed my assessment on 16th of January (APC) so I want to describe a little bit as a help for others:

Interview & HR:
-4 forces of flight
-how lift is produced, how it can be increased, why high pressure and low pressure over the wing
-bypass engines
-de-ice and anti-ice systems
-tropopause height
-lenticular clouds
-how many seats in 737-800
A few more but I can't remember...

Simulator was pretty hard for someone without MCC like me.
Amended take off clearance, turns on different headings, position fix after some turns, intercept bearing to the station - hold over the station as in the plate, while in entry procedure the assessor told me that we have smoke in the back so I declared emergency to ATC and talked with my PM about decision in a normal way, not using standard MCC procedures. After that, he freezes the sim and moved me somewhere else for a position fix and again on ILS with enough distance from FAF, while going visual the ILS went down so we continued visual.

So my advice is to learn the briefing pack before, you will act as PM also and you should know the calls. Good luck!

dr_lukasz
24th Jan 2017, 13:15
I don't think so. I am 36, at December I uploaded my docs, requested training mid January, and already got invitation for conf call.

MiG_29
24th Jan 2017, 13:37
Anyone in APC1606 in EMA ?

bobregaz
24th Jan 2017, 14:24
Anybody booked for an assesment on 2nd february who would like to do some sim together day before ? Let me know asap!

ego180
25th Jan 2017, 10:31
I don't think so. I am 36, at December I uploaded my docs, requested training mid January, and already got invitation for conf call.
Hello,

What is your total time? Are you a Flight Instructor? Do you hold any other abilitation/rating?

My understanding is that above 32/33 you have a chance for an interview only if you have something more than the minimum 200ish hrs of a frozen ATPL...

This is based on my observation for tha last 5 yrs.

I know some guys aged 35/39 called for an interview but they all had some of the above ratings/experience.

desperado00910
26th Jan 2017, 21:26
Hi,

Can somebody help me? Im really worried about myself. I finished my atpl exams on december and Im actualy during CPL trainig os if I pass it I would like send aplication to Ryanair. I really want work there but I have big problem. I failed 3 exams but I passed it in second attempt.
Did I have chance to work for ryanair. Im really sad :(

Mlambin
27th Jan 2017, 20:57
I'm really happy for everyone that has been called and on the other side I become desperate.

desperado00910
27th Jan 2017, 23:49
Mlambin, dont worry. Everything will be ok. They will also call you. I have worst situation ;/

mcmanos
29th Jan 2017, 08:12
Hi everyone,

Just for your information I applied with all my documents mid January. No call yet.

Anyone getting the call interview ?

Pilot503
29th Jan 2017, 14:57
Hi!

Are there anyone attending the assessment on Feb 7th?
Let me know if you're interested in sharing the cost for a session at Upilot or Simcheck, the day before :)

FlyNavComm
29th Jan 2017, 19:11
Guys,

Anyone for the East Midlands course on April 3rd 2017 ??
Feel free to join our Facebook Group !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673587892821202/

cleartoland76
29th Jan 2017, 19:49
Did somebody try to contact CAE via telephone to know the "status" of the application ?

Jelena13
30th Jan 2017, 10:41
I'm a current RYR employee for 4 years, have first attempt passes on all exams and skill tests and average of theory 96%. I have got a letter that I cannot be invited for an interview because of my average sales performance as a cabin crew. Apparently, there is a very long queue for interview.

mcmanos
30th Jan 2017, 13:09
Hi,

@Pilot503 @FlyNavComm @cleartolad76 @flymate83

When did you apply ?
When did you get the call ?
When did they interview you or will ?

Thanks guys and good luck ;)

oldkarim
30th Jan 2017, 15:53
I'm a current RYR employee for 4 years, have first attempt passes on all exams and skill tests and average of theory 96%. I have got a letter that I cannot be invited for an interview because of my average sales performance as a cabin crew. Apparently, there is a very long queue for interview.
Incredible! Not fair....
Your average sales performance should be very high! I mean if you sell a lot they should not let you become a f/o (becouse you are making profits), if you don't sell that much it means that you should stay on the right seat!
What about if you resign and then apply? It should work !

Jelena13
30th Jan 2017, 16:42
All RYR employees who are aiming for right hand seat would completely agree but, unfortunately, not the company. And as far as I know, even ex-employees are not very welcomed to the pilot's position. There are some exceptions, but it's not because of great sales or exceptional results in studies.

So, for those who are planning to join RYR on pilot's position, I highly recommend not to join the company as a cabin crew member - it's like a shame mark in the CV

Bradical
30th Jan 2017, 19:52
Hi guys,
I applied on the 27th of December 2016 and got the CAE call and invitiation 2 weeks later. My assessment was on the 27th of January 2017.
This was my assessment profile:

Technical assessor:
Why did I do an Irish licence? (As I converted from a South African licence)
Da42 maximum demonstrated crosswind component
Crosswind calculations (approaching Liverpool rwy27 wind 300/30 & 330/30)
What happens if you abort after v1, what happens if you continue before v1?
What action do you take when your speed bleeds below Vref @100 ft? What are the symptoms?
What is my stall speed if v2 is….(147) /if Vref is…..(143)
What are lenticular clouds? Would you fly into them?
Where does a (swept) wing stall first and why? Why is this bad?
Did you do a simulator preparation session? Who with? How was it?

HR assessor:
Tell me about yourself.
Why Ryanair?
Differences in training in SA and U.K.?

Interview took 10-15 mins. I may have had a few more questions on the HR front but I can't recall.

Sim: Liverpool RWY27 WAL 2T departure
Radar vectors due to traffic
Turns (20-30 AOB)
Speed changes (accelerate to 250, decelerate 210)
Descending turns (500 fpm)
QDM identification and tracking
Sector entry and hold
Emergency in hold or entry (fire or bomb)
Weird clearances in hold to add pressure (descend below minimum holding altitude)
Sim freeze – repositioned and asked to fix our position on chart
ILS approach (500 ft higher than platform thus gear flap 15 was initiated at glide slope alive)
Failure of GS and LOC once visual
Landing (even if approach was slightly unstable, the nature of the emergency will influence your decision to land or go around)

My partner has similar sim although his emergency was a bomb on board.

Assessment was on a Friday, got an email on Monday saying that I have been offered the position.
Will be on the CAE1701 Type rating course. Induction at EMA 10 April, TR at AMS 1 May. PM if you're on this course!

Best of luck guys,
Remember, stay relaxed, friendly, humble and importantly, honest. A large factor is ”would I be happy to sit in the cockpit with you for a flight?”
Don't let mistakes cloud your mind. We are all human. Press on and stay focused.

lisa95
31st Jan 2017, 09:26
@bradical

How did it feel in the sim session? Did you find it difficult? Also how was the assessor inside the sim?

quentin00702
31st Jan 2017, 10:11
Hi Bradical, I am on the CAE1701 too! Can't pm you though I don't know why....

constellation12
31st Jan 2017, 13:06
Hey

I am going to share my experience as well, since this chat here helped me a lot.
I applied in the middle of December (CAE), I got invited on 27. as Bradical :)
I was the first one to fly (there were 8 of us). As Bradical already wrote I had same stuff to the point where we entered hold. I got fire on board, handed controls to my colleague, started to deal with problem/ had to again calm down the cabin crew, bec he just kept talking even after I said standby. And then ATC told me to climb to 6000ft due to medical of other aircraft. I did not have time to call MayDAY yet. So I said my radios and called unable we have May day fire on board etc and stand by. Then I got back to my colleage and discussed what to do. She said land ASAP ( since we were above airport on hold anyway). I asked for vectors/of course unavailable, clearance was standard procedure for ILS. So I just set up a corse/ it was pretty much already set up, briefed it very quickly and took controls and went down. Then re positioned one more ILS with go around and I got engine failure just after I called go around flaps 15/ I managed somehow since I had MCC on 737. He said that was just to teach me something/ a lesson since I did not have feet on pedals (stupid me). He said it was not part of the assessment. Assessor is always in the sim lisa.

interview:
He looked at my ATPL score, I did well there so he said this is good. I am going to ask you only 1 question.
He asked me about pressure in tire of landing gear. I said I did not know that. So I got another one it was about gravity of the moon and earth and astronauts in ISS and relations between all of it. I just figured something out there. Anyway the rest was the same HR questions, why Ryanair etc.

I got positive email as well as bradical. Good luck to everyone !!!

Bradical
31st Jan 2017, 14:36
@bradical

How did it feel in the sim session? Did you find it difficult? Also how was the assessor inside the sim?

I did a sim prep the day before so I went in feeling pretty confident about the procedures. I found the emergency the hardest part by far, as it was an exceptionally busy phase of flight entering the hold. So yeah it was definitely difficult, however my partner was on point and was very helpful and positive. The sim was very quick and felt rushed but I think that's normal. It was by no means a perfect flight, but we both walked out of it feeling rather optimistic. I can't really comment on how the assessor was, I was too focused on the flying. I do remember him snapping at me when I took my feet off the rudder and when I asked him a procedure related question. It's their job to assess how you behave in all sorts of situations so it's important to not take anything to heart. I hope you get good news soon!!

Mlambin
31st Jan 2017, 17:13
@Desperado00910: What is going on with you that you situation is that bad?

@Bradical: Congratulations!

FlyNavComm
31st Jan 2017, 20:23
Hi,
@mcmanos
- Applied 12th December
- Phone Call 28th December
- Got my interview on January 17th
And got a positive email 4 working days later.

Good luck
Cheers

SkyB738
31st Jan 2017, 20:40
Hi everyone,

I wish you all the best in your future assessments if any and congrats for those who finally got the good news !!

I was wondering If some of you are on the CAE1635 course in AMS with the introduction course starting on the 3rd of April in EMA and TR on the 24th of April ?

Thanks all !

desperado00910
31st Jan 2017, 21:45
Congratulations for all. I feel terrible becouse I failed 3 atpl exams ( pass in second attempt) and I thing that RYR will not invite me :( Probaby they will thing that Im stupid and I can't work for them.

SkyB738
1st Feb 2017, 00:37
Hi desperado00910 don't even think about that and keep your knowledge update as long as you can and good luck.

PS: I had 3 failed items as well that I pass in second attempt. Today look where I am "cadet FO for Ryanair"

Keep sending cv's ;)

foxtrot sierra
1st Feb 2017, 09:50
Anyone on the assessment in Dublin on February 10th? Feel free to PM me :)

MiG_29
1st Feb 2017, 11:05
I applied few days before Christmas, I had invitation mail 30/12/2016, phone call about 12/01/17 and assessment on 23/01/17, next day in the morning I had call that I passed, TR starts 16/02, 3 atpl fails, first pass cpl ir skilltests, if you have any questions send pm :)

SVA11210
1st Feb 2017, 11:31
If you dont get any date at the call, will you recive mail no matter what the outcome is, or do you only get an mail if you get an assesment?

cbsflyer
1st Feb 2017, 12:03
Hi Guys,

Anyone who is in the CAE 1635 AMS Course feel free to join our Facebook Group !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/608861065972622/

lisa95
1st Feb 2017, 15:20
@Bradical / @constellation

Hey

I am going to share my experience as well, since this chat here helped me a lot.

By any chance do you know if the other guys that did the assessment with you got the bad news yet?

MiG_29
1st Feb 2017, 20:48
yes, we were only 4 and 2 of us passed

JulStaR13
2nd Feb 2017, 12:54
Hello guys,

I applied 8 months ago and got the email several days ago. Phone call 2 days ago and selection day on 14th feb. Does someone have the same date for the assessment ? Where does it take place exactly? the email just says it is in Ryanair headquarters (at the airport or in Swords?).
Also, we have to provide them the spreadsheet with the "ID Number". Does someone know what is that?

Bradical
2nd Feb 2017, 12:58
Hi guys,
I've created a Facebook group for the rating course CAE1701.
@lisa95 I haven't heard anything about negative answers yet.

Bradical
2nd Feb 2017, 18:52
Hello guys,

I applied 8 months ago and got the email several days ago. Phone call 2 days ago and selection day on 14th feb. Does someone have the same date for the assessment ? Where does it take place exactly? the email just says it is in Ryanair headquarters (at the airport or in Swords?).
Also, we have to provide them the spreadsheet with the "ID Number". Does someone know what is that?

Awesome stuff. Ryanair will send you a more detailed briefing pack shortly. The ID number is the payment ID that shows on your receipt.
There is a tab on the spreadsheet labeled ID but i believe that's for official purposes only. So don't fill that in.
Just return the completed spreadsheet and in the email quote your name and payment ID etc as specified.
Good luck!

JulStaR13
2nd Feb 2017, 21:55
Done, thank you!!

Suma_ket
3rd Feb 2017, 11:02
Hello everyone !

I'm being assessed on the 8th february.
If any of you here are too, feel free to try and contact me.

For others : application on CAE on the 15 october 2016 (approx), they contacted me last week. I'm 31 yo, 249hr.
Take care !!

737maxfly
4th Feb 2017, 09:13
Hello! I've been invited for the assessment on the 15th of february. If there is anyone having the same date send me a PM. Good luck!

anthonydagon
4th Feb 2017, 13:13
hi guys!

I'm going to the assessment on the 15th february!!

anyone else for this date?
maybe we can meet the day before in dublin!

good luck guys!

Mymoun
4th Feb 2017, 17:10
Hello !

I'm being assessed on the 10th February, If one of you too, PM me.

I applied on the 17th August 2016, phone call the 24th January.
I am French 27 yo, CPL/IR/MEP/MCC/FI, 1400 flight hours

Hope the best for all of you !

Mymoun
4th Feb 2017, 17:35
I make my assessment the 10th February too !

Taxitothegate
6th Feb 2017, 12:01
Hi everyone!

Anyone else going for the assessment on Thursday the 16th of Feb?

lotfi070
6th Feb 2017, 21:08
I have assessment on the same date.
They called me on friday. Applied on 15th June.

Cheers

mcmanos
8th Feb 2017, 08:48
Hi,

Can anyone send me the briefing simulator pdf ? I would like to study it before receiving it.

Feel free to pm me.
Good luck to everyone.

bobregaz
8th Feb 2017, 11:01
Applied 31.12.16. Got email 16.01, call 3 days later, assesment on 02.02 and got positive answer today.

Sim was first.
We all got Dublin that day, I was pm first, so my partner completed whole sid, than did some GH after that assessor asked both of us to point where we are on app chart, altering of QDM, emergency while approaching NDB for hold. Havent done hold and asked for long final. Pretty much the same for me except there was no sid at all. I got away with -200ft on g/s and -5knots below Vref, so dont stress too much if you see that youre screwing smth up, just show that you see your mistake and IMPROVE! And of course talk with your partner as much as you can, commenting and advising, this helps a lot!

During Technical intervew I was asked about Swept wing, where it stalls first, and where we want it to stall ideally. Critical engine, why we have it, did I have it on my MEP plane, why jets dont have one (couldnt answer that).
Asked about EFIS, whats that, how works etc. Bypass engine, why we bypass the air. And that is pretty much it about interview. HR was just pleasant talk.

Be yourself, dont stress to much, and best of luck for all of you.

SeventhHeaven
8th Feb 2017, 15:35
boregaz, congratulations!

Can you elaborate on what they wanted to know about the EFIS? Seems difficult to know what's what/how things work if you're not rated on any EFIS jet! Unless you're talking general stuff like WX radar, altimeter, etc?

Mlambin
9th Feb 2017, 05:24
@Bobregaz: That was quick for you ! Well done.

What do you mean by: "why jets dont have one (couldnt answer that)." ? Is it because the engine don't rotate like propellers and so the thrust force is at equal distance from the normal axis? Compare to propellers which if they are not counter rotating one will have is thrust force further than the other one from the normal axis (Due to descending propeller going faster) and so the other one is the critical engine.

SeventhHeaven
9th Feb 2017, 15:09
That's the point of the intake, to deliver the airflow at the appropriate AoA .. There is no change in blade AoA so no P factor.

Mlambin
9th Feb 2017, 15:35
The short version of my explanation xD

Delava
9th Feb 2017, 15:40
Hey guys,

I join you as I will go through the assessment on the 23th feb, got the phone call interview today.

Any of you on the same date ?

Best of luck everyone

mcmanos
9th Feb 2017, 17:54
Hey,

@Delava What did they ask you ?

I got the mail today, they said I'll get a phone call within 14days (working days). Applied mid-January

stephen2688
9th Feb 2017, 19:44
Does anyone know whether Ryanair are looking for a certain amount of flying hours? I've just completed an integrated course and thought Ryanair might have a threshold of logged hours before considering applications.

Also does anyone know whether my total flying hours/Total PIC should include any sim time?

Delava
10th Feb 2017, 05:09
Hey,

@Delava What did they ask you ?

I got the mail today, they said I'll get a phone call within 14days (working days). Applied mid-January

They asked if I was still interested by the course. (I applied 4 years ago, in 2013)
Then go for some questions about licence, atpl attempts, cpl/Meir attempts, medical and mcc.

They also asked me about all my entries in the application (TTL H, PIC H, MEIR expiry date, Medical expiry date and last flight/simulator date)

They told me that there is a comprehension test during this phone interview so he will read a text twice and he will then ask me 4 questions about it. You don't need to stress about it, try to answer each questions with your own words.

And then if you passed it, they will tell you and give some informations about assessment date and the procedure about spreadsheet and the payement.

That's all.

All you can prepare is a flight school report ready to send them.

mcmanos
10th Feb 2017, 07:26
@stephen2688

- Correct me if I am wrong -

Ryan air takes new graduated pilots. So finishing your CPL with MEP & IR and also MCC, you can apply.
My situation : 150flight hours with 60hrs sim -> total ftime 210

echocharlie3012
10th Feb 2017, 09:35
Does anyone know whether Ryanair are looking for a certain amount of flying hours? I've just completed an integrated course and thought Ryanair might have a threshold of logged hours before considering applications.

Also does anyone know whether my total flying hours/Total PIC should include any sim time?

Cadets are not required to have any hours but also need their training as a comercial pilot to be finished (CPL-ME/Ir and MCC. JOC is not compulsory)

Take a look the CAE Cadet program for Ryanair ;)

Sim hours do not count for Ryanair, they require you real flight hours as PIC and Total hours. (I think you can count IFR sim hours, but I'm not sure)

Best of luck!

SeventhHeaven
10th Feb 2017, 09:55
Flying time = Flying

Unless you sim had wings and an engine, you were not flying. It is not counted as flying time. Your TT is not 210, it is 160. Your logbook probably even has a 'Grand Total Time' column, specifically telling you which columns to add up.

It's not that difficult people ..

The only sim you can possible count are the full moving sims you use for type rating training - and you need to be type rated for it as well.

den07fc
10th Feb 2017, 11:00
Hello every one!
I just had a phone call from RYR with recieving an email (strait to phone call).
They told me to bring 2 referances to the assesment, one of which being a non-family menber person who I have known for at least 5 years...

What should I do if I dont have that kind of person?
any ideas? anyone is in the same situatiion?

cheers!

Pino77
10th Feb 2017, 18:36
Hi Bobregaz. Congrats on your achievements! Is that possible to know what base preferences did you applied for?
Thanks for your help,

MikeP2012
10th Feb 2017, 18:42
Hi Everyone,

Anyone know of anyone from the UK get calls lately?

echocharlie3012
10th Feb 2017, 20:52
Hello every one!
I just had a phone call from RYR with recieving an email (strait to phone call).
They told me to bring 2 referances to the assesment, one of which being a non-family menber person who I have known for at least 5 years...

What should I do if I dont have that kind of person?
any ideas? anyone is in the same situatiion?

cheers!

How will they know that? Just say whatever person that knows you, they won't contact him/her unless they have heavy doubts about yourself.

If you finally are successful they will require you to bring 5 more referees which at least, one more time,have known you for 5 years,so be prepared for that and think properly who knows you "well" , because this time they will email them to know about yourself.

Best of luck!!

den07fc
10th Feb 2017, 21:25
Oi!!!
Thanks for the info!!!

Also I've been told, the lady (from the phone call) will check with ryanair and discuss about my phone interview, and that I will recieve the answer via email nex week.(NO interview date given)

Has anyone been told the same and ACTUALLY got the positive answer(invite to Dublin)? Becasue it seems like if you are successful you get a date same day, and if they tell you about "checking with RYR, than means that you failed the Phone interview?...

WestonFlyer
11th Feb 2017, 12:26
https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/657ab

Has anyone applied for this or know any info on this scheme? They've run it in the past I seem to remember and maybe another avenue for getting into Ryanair

constellation12
11th Feb 2017, 17:46
Anybody on this TR course in Ams?

Moe91
12th Feb 2017, 15:38
Anybody here who is invited for the interview/sim at 14th in Dublin ?

Can somebody, who participated in a previous assessment, give me a tip what things will be asked in the technical interview?

FRMLT100
12th Feb 2017, 17:03
Anybody on this TR course in Ams?

Hi constellation,

I am on the CAE1702 in AMS :)

mcmanos
13th Feb 2017, 15:23
Hey guys,

Just got a phone call today
- ask to confirm my atpl attempts, cpl ir mep, dates of medical, passport ...
- then read a text twice. Ask me one question about the text ( because I got it clear I made my answer long to show I understood the text, maybe that's why only got one question) She affirm I was right.
- Then told me she will get back to me within 1 week to give me an interview date.

One question : People outside of Europe, how did you convert your licence to EASA. I have European passport but my licence is JAA. How can I do it (got my licence last summer)

Thank you if anyone can help.

capilot33
13th Feb 2017, 23:54
Hi McManos,

Just to let you know as long as your licence is valid then you will get your licence converted to EASA after you do the TR (737 on the Lic).

FB48
14th Feb 2017, 14:34
Hi guys,
I've created a Facebook group for the rating course CAE1701.
@lisa95 I haven't heard anything about negative answers yet.
Hi Bradical,
Do you have a link for the facebook group?
Looking forward to meet you on the CAE1701 course :)

Hatseflats
14th Feb 2017, 15:44
Anyone in the cae1703 class?

FB48
15th Feb 2017, 14:16
where is the facebook group for CAE1701?

manuel.ulrich
15th Feb 2017, 18:50
@Hatseflats
I'm in the CAE 1703 :-)

Hatseflats
16th Feb 2017, 08:26
alright i made a fb page. cae1703

SkyHigh91
17th Feb 2017, 21:37
Hi guys,

I applied three weeks ago, and today i've been called and invited for the assessment :)
Is anyone else attending the assessment in Dublin on 1 March?

Delava
18th Feb 2017, 08:26
Hi guys

Any feedback of recent assessment questions or sims ?

Cheers

Nils1991
18th Feb 2017, 11:32
Hi at all

Someone in Dublin at 28.02 for the assessment?

Does someone perhaps have any tips and suggestions what to learn?
Thanks a lot

SeventhHeaven
18th Feb 2017, 14:07
Everything, yes that means everything, you need or want to know about the assessment can be found on pprune.

Nils1991
20th Feb 2017, 10:43
Thanks for that, I've already checked nearly all experiences which are listed at pprune.
But if someone went to Dublin the last days, it would be wonderful for some latest experience, hehe. ;)

Thanks to all and good luck everybody :)

Bradical
21st Feb 2017, 07:56
where is the facebook group for CAE1701?

Hey mate,
Sorry here is the group link!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1772051189788657/
You may already be in the group at this point haha :)

pag14
22nd Feb 2017, 11:00
Hello guys what are the text and question during the phone call ?

Ryan225
23rd Feb 2017, 18:21
Hi Guys,

Anyone here on the 17 April EMA Course?

Kuja25
24th Feb 2017, 09:02
Hey skyhigh91,
I am also in Dublin on 1 march.
When do you arrive in Dublin?

I don´t know why i can´t send you a message. I added you to my contacts, maybe you can write me now.

SkyHigh91
24th Feb 2017, 20:38
I'm arriving the day before on the 28th of February. If you want to meet, send me a private message (I'm not able to send you one)

maher_zwe
24th Feb 2017, 21:27
Hi guys.
i'm a flight instructor working in Spain currently , and i would like to apply for ryanair , i do have all the requirements that they asking for but i'm not a European citizen i am from Libya , but i do have a European work permit and European residence which is almost allow me to travel all around Europe with no restrictions . my question is do they take A non European citizen .
270 TT B.
20yrs

Lokki
25th Feb 2017, 08:59
Maher, yes they do accept non Europeans as long as you have the right to work. You just have to be lucky enough to be called up by them..

lascah
25th Feb 2017, 16:19
Hello there!
Anyone has an interview on 7th of March in Dublin? Dm me if so as I would like to get in touch.
Cheers

AlphaEcho86
25th Feb 2017, 20:43
Sent the papers on February 11th, got the phone call on February 20th (actually, on my birthday)

Anyone for the interview on March 3rd? Let's stay in touch!

appfo09
26th Feb 2017, 11:09
Dear Fellows,

What kind of bases do you choose on your application with RYAN?

Where do they have more demands at which bases?

Thank you in advance!

FWIflyer
26th Feb 2017, 11:55
Doesn't matter whatever you put in the system. They don't take it into account ! They will ask you again during your interview, during your type rating and you will put on crewdock up to 5 bases of your choice !

Nowadays they try to give you something close to your home country. For the French guys they are usually sent to Morocco or another ****ty place for 1 year before going to a place they really want to go.

Anyway they are really short of pilots, so they need people EVERYWHERE !

TheSkiingPilot
27th Feb 2017, 09:00
Got the call today, assessment on 13th March.
Anyone else??

Reveal1
27th Feb 2017, 13:10
Hello guys, just for curiosity,
How do you fly the NDB approach in the simulator? Are you allowed to use MCP panel, as HDG SEL and V/S mode?

SeventhHeaven
27th Feb 2017, 13:29
You are allowed to use the autopilot, or any system available in the simulator, if you know how it works.

And they are allowed, as assessors, to fail any piece of equipment they want :P

Soooo you should probably prepare to hand-fly it all the way down :P

Reveal1
27th Feb 2017, 14:45
thanks SeventhHeaven,
by the way maybe I wasn't clear enough...
In Raw Data approach did they allow you to fly the NDB with HDG SEL and VS mode?
And what about the others people which not familiar with the MCP...did they use HSI, RMI?
thanks

SeventhHeaven
27th Feb 2017, 16:15
Like I said, you can use it, and the assessor will 'fail' the item after 5 or 10 seconds, making you hand-fly it.

You're going to fly it just like everybody else - using the HSI/RMI/VSI.

MikeP2012
27th Feb 2017, 16:23
Hi All, what should I upload on for the Copy of CPL result (1st series; partial; 2nd series; etc) document. Is it he application and report form?

Reveal1
27th Feb 2017, 16:24
I was just curious ...Am not working for Ryanair, neither I hope one day..

Aaron24
27th Feb 2017, 17:42
Hello everybody

I had the assesment last week, are there any other candidates who also attended the assement last week and have already a posetive or negative email back today?

Benjaminfromparis
27th Feb 2017, 19:39
Hi ! I attended it also last week , (the 22/02/2017)
No news. Do you have any ?

Ispahan
28th Feb 2017, 08:02
Hi guys,

I m a bit worried with CAA licensing delays...I applied online right after MCC while still waiting for my license to be issued (CPL) even if I uploaded CPL & IRME tests results. I m afraid it can be a major problem if being called quickly without the proper license in hand.

If you confirm you have it the day of the interview is it fine for them?

RobHome
28th Feb 2017, 11:10
Dear Ispahan

No, you will not be able to attend your assessment without your License. I tried with a temporary license, and that was no success. But if you can confirm during your phone call that you will have it on the day of assessment, i think you will be fine.

Vladi12CZ
28th Feb 2017, 18:27
Hi Aviators and future Captains,

since this forum gave me great deal of advices and valuable information I would like to share my experience with the Interview I attended on 20/2/2017. :ok:

30/1/2017 sent my application
6/2/2017 received the call and as well set up the interview date which fits me
20/2/2017 went for interview
28/2/2017 received an email with positive feedback

The application process is straight forward, just follow the guidance on the webpage and as well I think I saw the print screen on earlier post here.

The call "interview" was really easy. One gentleman called me, asked me if I have couple of minutes in order to answer question required for further move to the interview in Dublin. He asked me basic questions regarding the flying hours logged, simulator hours, when was my MCC course then about licenses and at the end he read me twice an article about pressure in inner ear and equalization of this pressure and asked me 4 questions just regarding this article. Very simple and easy.
Then he told me that everything seems good and asked me about available date for me to come for an interview to Dublin.

I have booked the flight to Dublin (one day earlier in order to have proper sleep before the big day) and as well hotel. I stayed in Travelodge and other guys stayed in Premier Inn, both are OK and just walking distance from the RYR HQ.

Me and another 6 colleagues came at least 15 min. earlier in order to introduce our self to each other and waited for one of the Assessors to pick us up at the reception. We went through the HQ and sat down in conference room where we received 1 hour briefing about the day, simulator, handling of the AC and the charts for the day and as well the latest ATIS. Then the Captain divide us into pairs and one of us had to go with the last guy who did not have a partner.
That day we flew Liverpool WAL2T departure.

Me and my partner were 1st ones to go to the SIM. We had 20 min. to make briefing and get to know what we are used to from our MCC course.
In the SIM my partner was PF and me PM. My partner made short briefing regarding departure and throttle.

Shortly after establishment on the radial cancel the SID and radar vectoring for short air work. After that we were cleared to proceeded towards the NDB LPL. When we got little bit closer Instructor freeze the simulator and asked each of us separately where on the chart we are. Plus question for PF which holding entry will be used. Short after entry to hold we received call from CC that there is fire in the cabin. As per MCC and CRM PF told the Assessor to stand by, gave me controls and we did FORDEC plus NITS to CC. Informed ATC and of course the radar for radar vectoring was not working. Shortly brief the approach for procedural ILS. Safely landed and that was all.
After that it was my turn. I had departure straight ahead climbing 5000ft after 3NM left turn 180.
Similar air work, clearance direct to NDB, freeze SIM for position query and holding entry, again after entry of holding fire in the cabin, plus Instructor gave us bit of pressure to proceed after inbound course in holding straight ahead for procedural ILS approach. Call for all necessary check lists and landed safely and that was the end.

I have to say that the most important is to talk to your partner, about anything really anything. Me and my partner we talked all the time about everything. When Instructor asked us if ADF is working we confirmed that with my partner and then replied to ATC.

We came from SIM and went straight away for HR and Technical Interview. I worked as CC in middle east so Instructor asked me lot of questions about the airline I worked for.
How was the ULR flights?
How did I like ULR flights?
For how long the CC usually stay in this airline?

HR Questions:
How was your sim, what do you think?
Did you prepare yourself for this interview with any screening preparation program? Where?
How did I choose my flying school?
In case I am successful how will I pay for my TR?
Which base did I choose?
How many languages do I speak?
Have you applied to Travel Service? (Charter in Czech Republic)

Technical Questions:
How many seats are in B737?
Flight controls of B737 and how they are moved?
What pressure has the hydraulic fluid?

That was it. Honestly I was really pleasant talk with HR and Captain. That is what I would recommend. Stay yourself, calm down, be professional and say truth.

Out of 7 candidates they took 4 of us.
So guy hope this is little bit helpful for you as it was for me before the Interview. Good luck and think positive.

AlphaEcho86
28th Feb 2017, 19:18
thanks SeventhHeaven,
by the way maybe I wasn't clear enough...
In Raw Data approach did they allow you to fly the NDB with HDG SEL and VS mode?
And what about the others people which not familiar with the MCP...did they use HSI, RMI?
thanks

I guess youre referring to FD. I've got in the briefing package that FD is allowed during the approach phase. Must be hand-flyed though.

I think, as long as you involve your PM asking him to set HDG, ALTs, CRS, delegating tasks and other stuff regarding a good CRM learnt in a MCC Course, you will be fine.

What they want is to see how you develop throughout the sim. You will learn to fly the 737 by the numbers during the Type rating course. At least that is my opinion.

Good luck everyone!

Ryan225
28th Feb 2017, 19:27
Anyone on the 1703 Course in East Midlands?

Pino77
28th Feb 2017, 21:51
Hi guys,
I had an email on 13th feb stating that they would have called me in the next 14 days, but today is the 15th day after the email and I haven't received any phone call. Anybody experiencing the same issue? Should I be worried about it?
Thank you. I hope not to lose this opportunity!
Good luck to everybody!

Taxitothegate
1st Mar 2017, 07:23
Anyone joining the CAE1705 Course in Amsterdam?

Mikehotel152
1st Mar 2017, 19:44
Know your manual flying and procedures, NDB's, intercepts, procedure turns, holding entry s, as they like NDB holds alot. It shows a very good situational awareness.
In all fairness nothing that an IR pilot shouldn't know by know

Phew! Thank God we don't do any of that stuff on the line! Sounds complicated!

HappyHappierHappiest
2nd Mar 2017, 08:47
Had my assessment recently.

Interview was just a 10 min chat about my background, no tech questions.

Sim was EMA WAL2N departure, general handling, joining the hold, fire in cabin, standard ILS approach to land. Took maybe 30 min total. Very friendly chap, felt more like a teacher than an assessor.

Can I ask some advice in exchange? Ive got to transfer my UK license to the Irish CAA. Can anyone tell me what form the UK need, to release my medical data?

Joefly93
3rd Mar 2017, 11:56
Use the form that McGinley/Ryanair send you and then wait for the CAA to contact you. They will send you a quick email asking for permission and then process the medical transfer once you've paid the admin fee, I think it was £80

SeventhHeaven
3rd Mar 2017, 20:32
http://www.cockpitseeker.com/wp-content/uploads/posts/CREATING%20INDUSTRY%20READY%20PILOTS%20IN%20EUROPE%2028.09.1 5.pdf

interesting reading

Pino77
4th Mar 2017, 12:25
Hi guys,
I had an email on 13th feb stating that they would have called me in the next 14 days, but today is the 19th day after the email and I haven't received any phone call. Anybody experiencing or experienced the same issue? Should I be worried about it?
Thank you.

Good luck to everybody!

Lokki
5th Mar 2017, 10:19
HappyhappierHappiest

Where you given a positive reply by RYR? When do you start the TR?!

stephen2688
7th Mar 2017, 00:31
On the 'Documents' page on the CAE website it states that the 'English Language Proficiency Certificate' is mandatory, I'm British and lived in the UK all my life and only speak English, do I really need to get a certificate to prove this to Ryanair?

Face The Wind
7th Mar 2017, 12:41
Hey guys,

I know the question has already been answered a lot, but I didn't find the answer... I just got the mail today and I would like to know what kind of questions they will ask during the phone call.

Thanks a lot

EDIT : They just calle me. 3 questions about inflight fire, nothing difficult

FIRGCCC
7th Mar 2017, 16:48
hello guys,

I am new at pprune. I applied for RYR almost a year ago...Anyone knows whether RYR is interested now in non type ratyed in yhe canaries?

thanks a lot.

Pilotocanario
7th Mar 2017, 19:28
Hi FIRGCCC
I live in Tenerife, I made the assessment on the 22nd of February and received a positive answer a week later. Don't worry, they will call

Berni
8th Mar 2017, 07:10
Hy guys I am from Austria and new here , thank you for your support. Applied on the 20th of February got the Email 17 days later that they will call me. Did Mcc. on the 737NG 3 weeks ago i hope that i will pass I study every day 2 hours ATPL Books and raw data flying on the PMDG 737NG to be well prepared.
Got also assessment invitations for Eurowings Austrian and NIKI in April 2017
If somebody is interested

ATPL average 89% first time pass( 4 sittings )
CPL IFR MEP PPL and all progress checks ,first time pass

Boldpilot2000
8th Mar 2017, 09:45
I just received the call which confused me a bit. They didn't tell me straight away if I passed or failed they lady said to me she will get back to me by next week with a decision. Anyone in a similar situation?

Face The Wind
8th Mar 2017, 10:56
Yes don't worry, the same happened to me, they called back the day after to say I passed and gave me an assessment date.

skyair
8th Mar 2017, 19:38
Hi everyone,

I got a call from CAE yesterday. They asked me about by total hours, my pic hours, one or two questions about my certificates, when was my last flight and when are going to expire my medical and my ratings. They asked me if I have a FI rating, which I do.

Finally they read me (two times) a short text about fire in flight and they made me 3 questions about it (all answers are in the text):

1. Which is the most dangerous emergency in flight?
Fire in the cockpit
2. Which is the most obvious from the fire?
Flames
3. Which is the most dangerous from this situation? (something like that...)
Smoke and chemical fumes

I passed the phone interview and I am going next week to Dublin.

Hope it helps ;)

Contacttower
9th Mar 2017, 04:55
I got the call yesterday - going on 15th March.

I have to admit to feeling a bit caught out by the short notice. It's been three years since I did my MCC and haven't flown the 737 sim since then. Will try and get some practice in!

Boldpilot2000
9th Mar 2017, 06:22
What simulator do they use? Is it comparable to the on at Simtech or www.simchek.ie?

foxtrot sierra
9th Mar 2017, 09:52
Anyone on the CAE1708 course in AMS?

MAGutierrez
9th Mar 2017, 12:28
Ryanair sim is 737-800 no-motion sim. Really new flies easy just trim!
I use upilot.ie at dub airport and that prep relly help for me. This sim is realistic arrangement but controls are more light feeling otherwise was ideal and cheep and close to Ryanair! Goodluck:ok:

raphtibz
9th Mar 2017, 13:27
What simulator do they use? Is it comparable to the on at Simtech or www.simchek.ie?
I did my MCC in simtech. The ryanair sim is a proper 737 fixed base and not a FNPT2. that means the cockpit is smaller (real 737 size) than the Simtech one. the seating position is slightly different too, you feel a bit closer to the windscreen. It also has the real boeing thrust levers etc...
flyingwise, I didn't feel any major difference in the way the plane handles.

edward737
9th Mar 2017, 16:47
Hi all,

I just returned from my assessment day in Dublin, really curious about the outcome now.
For my preparation I used this website and subscribed to the Ryanair interview package at latestpilotinterviews.com
I was able to practice all the interview questions, so I have a really good feeling about the outcome.
It is also advised to do a simulator preparation in Dublin the days before the assessment.

Face The Wind
9th Mar 2017, 17:08
Thanks a lot for this feedback Reegreen.

Ramboskyhawk
9th Mar 2017, 18:00
Hey Guys,
I applied through CAE to Ryanair on the 28 of February, received the email about the imminent call on the 7 of March. Today I finally got the call from Cindy.
All very nice and calm, as usual, I was asked to confirm all the expiry dates of my documents, plus some question about the attempt at the examinations and logged hours.
After that, She read a text of about 3/4 lines and asked 3 questions.
Everything seemed good to me and to Her...

She then told me that all the information has been forwarded to the Amsterdam HQ to check the application.

Now, my question is: Is this the normal procedure? Or She would have told me if I had passed? :confused:

Contacttower
9th Mar 2017, 19:22
Yes thanks a lot (and to all the others who posted).

One concern I have is about the flight school report (which they seem to make quite a thing of) - I did my ATPL ground exams and my MCC at different places from CPL/IR - should I try and get a report out of my ATPL ground school (which was a distance course)?

SeventhHeaven
9th Mar 2017, 19:28
No, just your flight training.

Also, don't fret. They don't care as long as it's not a bad report :)

LaGuardia
9th Mar 2017, 19:41
What is the majority today? majority people called are from UK?

Boldpilot2000
10th Mar 2017, 05:59
I am in the same position as you are it seems to be normal procedure for some of us.

Face The Wind
10th Mar 2017, 07:17
Yup, they called me back the day after the first phone call to tell me I passed. Don't worry, it's normal

Shutdownatpl
10th Mar 2017, 10:36
any ex-Ryanair cabin crew had any luck recently? Myth is Ryanair not keen not their ex-workforce/

Lacondeguy
10th Mar 2017, 11:57
Just as many others said, this thread has been really helpful to me, and I would like to contribute with my own experience.

29/1/2017: Application sent
20/2/2017: Email saying that they will call
21/2/2017: Call
3/3/2017: Assessment day
7/3/2017: Email with positive answer

The day of the assessment began at 8 in the morning at Ryanair headquarters. We were 8 guys being assessed, and out of these 8, we were 6 Spaniards. We were picked up and they showed us a little bit of the building and where we were going to stay for the day.
We were briefed on how the day was going to go and paired with our sim partners. They were really friendly and did a very good job relaxing us and making us feel right at home.

My sim partner an I where the last ones to get to the simulator, and the day went a little bit slow for us, since from 8 until around 15:30 we did nothing apart from getting more nervous.

Just before the simulator we had the personal interview, and the questions for me were the next ones:

HR questions:
-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
-How would you pay for your type rating?
-What qualities could you bring to Ryanair?
-Weaknesses?
-They asked a lot of questions about my previous job (Flight dispatcher for Ryanair)
-Have you applied to any Spanish airlines? I said that 2 days ago I applied to Iberia and they asked me what would I choose if I was offered a job by RYR and Iberia at the same time.

Technical questions:
-Critical angle of attack.
-Ac. Lenticularis.
-737 seats.
-737 navigation systems / MEP navigation systems.
-737 winglets
-Angle of incidence.
-Take off segments.
-Anti-ice and de-ice systems on MEP.

Simulator:
-We all got Liverpool RWY 27, WAL2T. Wind 300/10, 8 km visibility and overcast at 800ft.
-I was first PF and chose to fly from the right seat.
-Normal take of following the SID, then we did 30º turns, accelerations and decelerations and climbs and descents of 1000ft/min.
-We were both asked separately to point where we were on the approach chart.
-Then we were asked what our QDM was and asked to follow a QDM to the station which differed only 10º from our actual QDM. We prepared the holding and the assessor then told us we had smoke on the toilet. I handed over the controls to my partner and did both DODAR and NITS briefings.
-When I got back the controls I realised we were not exactly where we were supposed to be (We where on inbound heading but the ADF needle was pointing somewhere else, so he probably overshot when turning and didn’t correct in time, so the assessor told me that I had to make a decision and I went directly to the station).
-Then we where repositioned with a heading to intercept the localiser for the NDM ILS DME Rwy 27.
-When the runway was in sight the ILS went down and we continued visual.
My partner got exactly the same, but with a different emergency.

Out of the 8 on that day, 4 of us got a positive answer. It honestly feels like a lottery, because I was not happy at all about my simulator session, I was so nervous and made a lot of mistakes, but I think that both my partner and I realised in time and corrected them properly.

As you can see my experience was exactly the same as many others have posted on this forum, so no surprises for me. So I think that with this forum you can prepare really good for the assessment.

Anyway sorry for the long post, and I hope that it helps!

Ramboskyhawk
10th Mar 2017, 15:11
Yep, thanks a lot to everyone who replied to my post!
They called me today and told me that my assessment is on 22 of March 2017 :ok:
Anyone else on the same date?

Berni
10th Mar 2017, 18:21
Okay guys I have an update for you. A nice lady called me today (NO NUMBER) 1 call missed and no mailbox.
She was asking me questions about vality of the IFR MEP PIC MEP hour and so on. Had everything prepared on a letter.
Then a hard text about Epack about 1 minute long. (had no idea what this is) Electronic flight bag :D What information is entered wo doe's it enter and so on with the accent from the lady it was not that easy. I have level 5 english and did training in the US but it was really hard to understand and keep everything in mind.
Missed one question.
She told me that I will get a phone call on monday.
Hope that i will get a positive answear :)

737PPilot
10th Mar 2017, 19:31
Hi everyone, just the same date as you : 22 of March, anyone else on the same date?

Feel free to PM me ;)

Ramboskyhawk
11th Mar 2017, 10:36
I had an hard text too!
I'm not talking about language difficulties, I'm referring to the amount of information to remember. My replies were pretty much along the lines of "If I can remember correctly..." or "I believe it was ..", then adding just a very straight answer. But in the end I passed, as long as you understand the whole text, it should be fine!

737_FL_MAX
12th Mar 2017, 11:59
Hi all,

I just returned from my assessment day in Dublin, really curious about the outcome now.
For my preparation I used this website and subscribed to the Ryanair interview package at latestpilotinterviews.com
I was able to practice all the interview questions, so I have a really good feeling about the outcome.
It is also advised to do a simulator preparation in Dublin the days before the assessment.
Yes, heard last week that I passed! :)
Had exactly the same preparation as Edward737:
Pprune, simulator assessment preparation and latestpilotinterviews.com

Thanks all and Pprune, and hope to meet up in the future!

737_FL_MAX
12th Mar 2017, 13:10
My telephone interview was also quite difficult.
It was about pressure in the ear, and what happens to this pressure when your altitude increases and why you feel pain at a certain moment.

The subject itself was not that difficult, but it was the amount of information that made it difficult.

bobregaz
12th Mar 2017, 19:25
Started Fb group of FR-1702 in EMA, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624175614262558/

Pilotocanario
12th Mar 2017, 23:27
Anyone on the FR1705 course in EMA?

Bombs Away
13th Mar 2017, 08:16
Sitting with an application in for the last six years and have heard absolutely nothing. Very disheartening when most of you guys are hearing after a month or two. 37 and don't think I'll ever hear from them at this stage.

737maxfly
13th Mar 2017, 08:58
bombs away make a new application, i heard they changed the website like a year ago. regards

luki_e
13th Mar 2017, 09:55
Anyone on the 1703 Course in East Midlands?
Hi!

Yes, i am starting the introduction week on the 17th of april in EMA!
Is there a facebook group?

Berni
13th Mar 2017, 12:15
I passed the phonecall yeah I took the 22.3 to be with you guys

chris_mc87
13th Mar 2017, 16:09
https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/657ab

Good opportunity for any pilots/ Engineers out there!

TheSkiingPilot
13th Mar 2017, 20:20
Hey guys!

Email Recieved - 20/02/2017 (I would get call within next 14 days)
Phonecall - 27/02/2017 (Questions about application, nothing special)
Assessment Day - 13/03/2017

Sharing my experience of the assessment day. This forum has helped me quite a bit, I used skyinstructor and ACE for my pre-assessment studies, and some help from a few friends who are in RYR about systems and info on the B737. I had 2 hours at Simcheck two days before assessment day.

7 of us in total (4 Romanians, 1 Polish, 1 Hungarian and 1 British) All arrived at around 7:45am, and a gentleman came to take us through at 7:58. (So be there earlier than 8:00am)
Very kind man, made us all feel at ease, made loads of jokes and spoke slowly and clearly. Clearly had LOTS of aviation experience. He showed us around the place, where the canteen was, the toilets and a few other places. Then took us to the simulator, then into a briefing room next door.

Gave us a briefing about the day, and showed us on a monitor basically what was on the briefing pack we all got. We were allocated into pairs (don't know what happened to the 7th guy), given the SID/APP plates for the sim assessment, and given about 20 mins to brief each other and go through everything.

First two people were called up for the sim session, and I was then called in for the interview first. Two men in the interview room (which is located next door to the briefing room).

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
- DA42 Electrical System
- DA42 Anti-Ice/De-Ice
- Pitot Blockage
- Thunderstorm conditions
- Critical Alpha
- Angle of Incidence
- Seats on 737-800

HUMAN RESOURCES
- Tell me about yourself
- Why should we hire you
- What do you know about APC Programme
- Assessment with other airline (and result)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- Weaknesses
- Can you fund Programme

SIM ASSESSMENT

EMA WAL2N SID, amended clearance - Runway Heading, after 2NM Right turn Heading 360° Climbing 5000ft
General Handling - Accelerations, Climbs, Descents maintaining 500ft/min...
What's your QDM, where are you on Approach chart
Enter Hold (Teardrop Entry for us), Emergency during outbound leg of hold (bomb on board) - DODAR + NITS
Radar Vectors for ILS Rwy 27
Detail Complete

The whole assessment is very relaxed, the assessors are friendly and welcoming.
Confidence in key, smile and speak clearly.
In Sim - Always talk to partner, they look for CRM and decision-making.
Whole thing not as nerving as it seems, don't worry.

Any questions or queries, DM me. I'm happy to help!

HappyHappierHappiest
13th Mar 2017, 23:33
Still looking for other lucky :mad: in FR1704! PM me please, I'd like to get in touch beforehand :)

SpanishRocket
14th Mar 2017, 12:05
:ok:Anyone for the assessment 23rd March?

appfo09
14th Mar 2017, 13:07
Has anyone of you any experience with either Simtech or Simcheck for airline preparation and sim screenings? Would be nice to hear your suggestions.
Thank you!

appfo09
14th Mar 2017, 13:09
Any of you with a Type Rating on Airbus and has been called to the assessment for Ryanair? Will they consider it a plus or minus?

TheSkiingPilot
14th Mar 2017, 14:01
I went with Simcheck. Awesome instructor, gives a lot of info about what you should do. 2 hours just about does it.

reegreen
14th Mar 2017, 15:44
Anyone on the CAE1705 course at AMS? Feel free to join the group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/234878313650345/

PIKAD
14th Mar 2017, 18:39
Hello,
Today i applied for the cadet program, since a reference letter from the flight school was not mandatory i decided to submit anyways, does anyone knows if they ask later for this report?

One more thing, as far as i am concerned my flight school doesnt has any sponsor contract/agreement with ryanair, does that mean that in case i will be selected the bond-contract option is not available for me?

aeromaxD
14th Mar 2017, 19:48
Hello,
I received an email for the phone call 3 days ago.
Someone can talk me about the conversation by phone and about the text?

Thank you! :)

appfo09
15th Mar 2017, 08:14
Hey fellows! Does anybody of you know how long is the wait until Ryanair sends you the Briefing Pack after the payment for the assessment has been successful ?

Thank you !

SpanishRocket
15th Mar 2017, 09:02
Hi PIKAD the answer is yes, they want a Flight School report if you they send you to the assessment day

Berni
15th Mar 2017, 10:54
Im in Dublin on the 24.3 feel free to contact me !

TheSkiingPilot
15th Mar 2017, 12:22
Hey fellows! Does anybody of you know how long is the wait until Ryanair sends you the Briefing Pack after the payment for the assessment has been successful ?

Thank you !

Approx 1 week before the assessment

pipposky
15th Mar 2017, 12:26
Hi guys,
anyone enrolled in CAE1708 in AMS? I will make Fb group as soon will be someone else ;)

good luck to everyone

Dedalus737
15th Mar 2017, 13:57
Hello,

Since the forum was of great help for me too, I will post my experience with the assessment:

Phone call: 20/02/2017
Assessment day: 06/03/2017
Positive answer: 14/03/2017

As everyone stated here, the atmosphere is very nice. The people from Ryanair will make sure that you are well briefed for the day (starting from a quick tour of the facilities - toillet, cafeteria etc all the way to good tips on how you should handle the sim in order to obtain the results required in the flight profile).

HR questions:
- some details from my previous working experience;
- why Ryanair;
- where do I see myself in 5 years;
- what is my opinion of the presentation video in the Assessment Pack.

Technical questions:
- Piper Seneca V anti-ice, landing gear, max crosswind (It was my last flown airplane and also my ME);
- Do I have a rule of thumb for crosswind calculation ("clock rule");
- Formula for crosswind component (sin angle x total wind speed).

SIM: That day we had EIDW. Climbing straight on rwy heading to 5000ft. 25 degrees banking turns, accelerations and decelerations, level changes. Then straight to NDB (frozen sim, asked to indicate on plate where we are). Afterwards, repositioned on an interception course for ILS RWY 28. Landed and then requested to take-off again and repositioned on a different interception course for the same rwy. At 1000ft the examiner froze the sim and informed me that I will be instructed to perform a go-around when I will reach 300ft. After the go-around procedures were completed, my detail ended.

My advice: look and act professional (calm, suit and tie, shaved, fresh haircut and have a pen to write down the assessor's pointers). The pointers he gives you are really useful and will ensure a good performance in the sim. Also, the person from HR was really nice and helpful. Altogether, the environment the assessors created was a friendly and professional one and all they did was towards helping me perform at my best potential.
I know is not different from other posts, but this is how it went down :-) .

I wish all of you guys success in your future careers!

Aeromar27
15th Mar 2017, 14:40
Hello, can anyone give me some advice.

A few months ago, my plan was to do my MCC at CAE on the 738, which was supposed to boost your chances a little bit and could even bypass the sim assessment for Ryanair.

Today, I think I've learned that CAE is no longer running the MCC for Ryanair. They replied to my email saying the MCC is now according to "EASA SOPs", when it used to say RYR SOPs. It is now 7500€ for the MCC and 10500€ for MCC+JOC, VAT excluded... really steep.

Seeing that APC is taking over and that CAE is no longer involved with their MCC, maybe there are better options for me. What other MCC course would you recommend on the 738 and perhaps combine it with a JOC with Ryanair in mind. Does this all mean that eventually the only way to get to Ryanair will be through APC?

timtom08
15th Mar 2017, 15:57
Hi! Had a phone call today got my assessment on the 22nd of this month! Anyone else got this date?

daniele.r95
15th Mar 2017, 18:51
Hi everyone, I'm going to Dublin the 24th of this month, I think with benri... anyone else?

TheSkiingPilot
15th Mar 2017, 19:03
Do RYR assessors place a lot of importance to the technical questions, particularly those asking about your previous aircraft?

FelixFL390
15th Mar 2017, 21:23
Hi TheSkiingPilot,

I just returned from Dublin and the technical interview lasted about 30 minutes.
It was with an old Ryanair captain and he really went into details about jet engines, navigation systems, like INS/IRS, anti/de-icing systems and rhumb lines/great circles. Other people were asked about electrical and hydraulic systems.

I've practiced and prepared my technical interview with the Ryanair interview package at latestpilotinterviews.com

This was a good preparation and the questions were accurate.

The simulator was not too hard and is mostly about CRM.

Good luck if you're attending the assessment.

rokson
15th Mar 2017, 21:38
Anyone on the FR1705 course in EMA?
I am. I can't PM you.

W1ll93
15th Mar 2017, 22:02
Yup! I'll be there on the 23rd March! :ok:

Berni
15th Mar 2017, 22:53
Aeromar I would do the MCC for 2990€ at Sky4you in Berlin at Lufthansa Flighttraining they have approx 40 Sim there and do not do the JOC for 1000€ then before the interview you do 3 hours sim in dublin this cost approx 750€ in my opinion this is the best way to be good prepared and you not waste money.
You fly in the MCC 80% autopilot or flight director it is all about CRM
The 737 Sim is not hard to fly it is like a big Cessna 172.

stephen2688
16th Mar 2017, 03:42
What base preferences are people putting down on their applications?

I was speaking today with someone who I trained with who has been flying with Ryanair for over a year now and he's heard that people are being chosen for interviews/assessments by what their base preferences are and those who have selected UK bases are not getting a look in at the moment. Has anyone selected a UK base and heard back from CAE/Ryanair?

Contacttower
16th Mar 2017, 09:09
I put one UK base under my preferences, the others in Europe (can't actually remember exactly what I put, it was six months ago now).

No idea if it makes any difference to whether you get called for assessment or not. I felt that by putting several options that were all quite far apart it would show a willingness to be flexible. In all honesty though I don't think they really look at that stuff and the subject did not come up at all during phone call or assessment day.

RobHome
16th Mar 2017, 10:20
I am in the FR1705 course at EMA as well!

TheSkiingPilot
16th Mar 2017, 11:24
Hi FelixFL390

I've already done my assessment, went on the 13th. But I was just wondering about the importance they place on the tech interview. I'm sure they place more focus on the sim assessment as this is where the practical side comes in with the situational awareness, CRM, and workload management skills. I was asked about DA42 electrical systems and didn't know an awful lot about it, so I'm worried if they focus quite heavily on your knowledge of previously flown aircraft systems.

General tech questions I'm very comfortable with, like rhumb lines, great circles, all of those things, and even the most difficult ones!

Cheers, and good luck with your result!

Aeromar27
16th Mar 2017, 16:16
Aeromar I would do the MCC for 2990€ at Sky4you in Berlin at Lufthansa Flighttraining they have approx 40 Sim there and do not do the JOC for 1000€ then before the interview you do 3 hours sim in dublin this cost approx 750€ in my opinion this is the best way to be good prepared and you not waste money.
You fly in the MCC 80% autopilot or flight director it is all about CRM
The 737 Sim is not hard to fly it is like a big Cessna 172.
Thanks a lot. So you're saying I shouldn't add the JOC?? To be honest, I was prepared to pay up to 8000€ for the MCC only, so if for 4000€ I can do MCC and JOC, I think I'll go for it. I've the money saved up and, to be honest, we enjoy these things. In case of rejection from RYR, the JOC might come in handy for other airlines.

So, you did your MCC there and you got accepted by Ryanair?

Ramboskyhawk
16th Mar 2017, 16:16
I just can not find any reliable source of information about the number of aircrafts Ryanair has!!!
Even on their website, they say more than 300... and only talk about the option for 100 "737MAX200":confused:

Berni
16th Mar 2017, 16:25
~360 737-800
200 on order 100 Options should be a good answear

Berni
16th Mar 2017, 16:32
Yes i did my MCC for 2990€ at Sky4you on the same Sim that Ryanair is using and the Instructors are all 737 Pilots a really high training level. And the nice Hotel is 2 min away from Lufthansa Flighttraining it cost 36€ a day. Yust send them a Email they are really friendly and professional.
10000€ is really much you can do there 3MCC and 1 JOC for that money.

FelixFL390
16th Mar 2017, 22:10

Nice 737_FL_MAX, I've prepared myself the same way.
Waiting for a response, but got a good feeling about it!

appfo09
17th Mar 2017, 11:18
Hi Fellows,

Anybody of you had any experience, changing the assessment date due to a medical or other important reason? Please let me know. Thank you!

Aeromar27
17th Mar 2017, 11:46
Yes i did my MCC for 2990€ at Sky4you on the same Sim that Ryanair is using and the Instructors are all 737 Pilots a really high training level. And the nice Hotel is 2 min away from Lufthansa Flighttraining it cost 36€ a day. Yust send them a Email they are really friendly and professional.
10000€ is really much you can do there 3MCC and 1 JOC for that money.
I'll do that then. The 4000€ I'll spare, are almost half of what I'll need for plan b, which is an instructor rating.
Thanks!!

manolotelo
17th Mar 2017, 14:44

Hi , just a quick question, on your study pack of latestpilotinterviews.com , is possible to copy for word/pdf the questions so I can keep it for future !! or is online the study pack !!

Ryan225
17th Mar 2017, 14:59
Created a FB Group for FR1703 EMA! https://www.facebook.com/groups/194023041089668/

.Frag.
18th Mar 2017, 06:13
I am in Dublin on the 23rd as well. I see two on here will be there with me :). Anyone else?

FelixFL390
18th Mar 2017, 11:53
Hi , just a quick question, on your study pack of latestpilotinterviews.com , is possible to copy for word/pdf the questions so I can keep it for future !! or is online the study pack !!
Hi manolotelo,

No, the Ryanair interview study pack at latestpilotinterviews.com is an online protected course and I don't want to risk anything for just 19,95 euro ;)

Marcssr
21st Mar 2017, 11:38
So they called from Ryanair and I did the phone interview. She told me they would call me again after they discuss my application and tell me the details of the assessment if it's a positive. I read that if they tell you that they will send an email it's usually not good news, anybody experienced the same as me?

SpanishRocket
21st Mar 2017, 13:36
Hi Marcssr Don´t worry about it, the same happend to me I did the telephone interview a Friday, the next Monday they called me I passed so keep calm and good luck mate!