PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

SheikYerbouti
30th Oct 2011, 17:41
How do I show that I have a first time pass on my ATPL-theory subjects?

I have only got a diploma from my training organisation and a letter from the CAA that I have passed it.

Will CAE/OAA/BRK/RYR call them and check it themselves or will I have to forward a protocol of some sort with all my results? how was it during your assessment?

gwizzaviatior
30th Oct 2011, 19:50
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anybody that has done or is to do their FR assessment and trained on a DA42 has a crib sheet with the information and fundamentals of the DA42.

I know they like to ask lots of questions abouts your previous aircraft and any form of summarised crib sheet would be much appreciated. I have the AFM, but its taking whats relevant that seems to be the killer part.

sky85
31st Oct 2011, 15:46
Hello

I have a terrible doubt ,the same as you have .I applied one month ago on OAA site and I attached my CV as required.
it is written on the site that the candidate must have a school report to apply.

Do you know if I had to send them a copy as attacheed document or not?
I did not , I 'd just written the details on my CV.

I would appreciate that one the the people who received the phone call for the assessement told me which documents He have sent with the application.

Thanks a lot

Merovingio
31st Oct 2011, 20:46
Do not worry when they phone you, the will request you everything they need, by the moment only wait.

Anyone would like to meet on 2 November when finished the assessment? I've it on 3 so we could change your impressions.

Thanks.

B737Dude
31st Oct 2011, 23:38
Hello and Good luck to the guys that having there interviews in the next few days :-) will be very nice if you can give back feedback on how it all went and also how long each one of you waited for the lucky call?

Mobius1
2nd Nov 2011, 08:09
Hi there all,
I know that many other guys asked the same question but I try anyway. Is it possible to know at what stage is the application? Did anyone call OAA or CAE to know if the application was received and when to expect a response for it?
And if the possibility exists, who did you call?
I applied a month ago via OAA and heard that normally it takes 2 weeks to get an answer (I know that it can take up to months as well) but no response yet.
Cheers guys

daheri
2nd Nov 2011, 08:49
I suggest you submit your application to both OAA and CAE.
I never heard anything from OAA (even though i did integrated course with them). I then sent an application to CAE and it took about 2-3 weeks before they got back to me and got me an interview.

McCormick
3rd Nov 2011, 10:59
Hello,

I'm starting my intro week the 5 of December (EMA) + TR the 9 of January (AMS)...

Anyone else?

I'd be happy to get in contact with people starting at that date.

skypilot89
3rd Nov 2011, 21:55
I've heard that applicants that needed a retake in some atpl subjects, fails the interview. Anyone knows anything about this?

aozc
3rd Nov 2011, 22:03
I think that's why they ask during the initial call already if you have any failed tests.

McCormick
4th Nov 2011, 09:13
Hi guys,

I did this assessment the 28 of September, i'm a bit late, isn't it?

Got a phone call 2-3 weeks later,

TR the 9 of January, still looking for someone to share a flat/house in AMS by the way hehe...

I guess my feedback would be very usefull,

My background:

- A-level with honors followed by 2 year technical degree in computer science,

- Cabin crew job at EZS + dispatch job at Dnata

- FAA PPL + Time building, San Diego. ATPL theory CPL-IR-ME, Bournemouth, UK. MCC, JOC, Oxford, UK (b737).

- All ATPL exams passed first time, CPL first time, IR partial then pass.

Assessment: (the facts only)

- Very kind, nice people there...They really put you at ease. I've had a very good feeling to be honest!

- Interview was short, 10-15 minutes. They did ask: How does IRS work? (hard i thought). What is dihedral?. The opposite?. Navigation devices on board? (IRS, ADF, RMI, HSI, ...you know what i mean, i don't remember exactly the question)

- What if you loose your medical?. 3 bases?. What would you do if Cpt says in cruise, if not visual at DA, i'll land anyway because i'm tired?. A situation of conflict in your job?. How much costs your training?. How would you get the money for the TR?. Introduce yourself?. (should be at the beginning by the way hehe). 3 qualities you have?.

- Sim, IMPRESSIVE. To be honest i don't really remember. Was short i think. Smoke/fire cabin. CRM CRM CRM first. We both had ILSs to fly. No big deal. Some steep turns, climbs, descents, basic stuff. We did a non-std SID by the way, even easier!!

ADVICES: (TO PASS THIS EXAM)

- Be calm, don't stress, be yourself...Ok, i tried, that's bull**** you won't be calm i know...loool

- Don't spend time reviewing your ATPL, it does not make any sense, just read ACE, to know what to expect! I read it 2 times, took some notes, check from time to time my ATPL...

- It is absolutely A MUST to do some sim beforehand...i did 4 hours in Gatwick at PMFlight, on the same aircraft. They know exactly how to prepare you for that...

- Smile, you should be well-dressed as well, shaved, extremely important!

- Learn the damn sim vertical profiles by heart. So that you can practice the day before in the sim at PMFlight hehe!!

- Review your CRM, calls, ect. Don't miss the important calls during T/O, Ldg, ...80Kts, V1, Rotate, ...

- Before jumping in the sim, everything should be clear with your partner, how's gonna handle thrust levers, ect...

- If you do a mistake, don't panic, i did some but they know you are here to learn...

- Try to review quickly emergency procedures with partner, the sentences you would say ect. I mean that could be different from countries... Do they know NITS brefing in Spain? (that's an example)

Here we go,

Good luck!

B73800
4th Nov 2011, 14:02
Anybody waiting for the results of the assessment? It has been more than 2 weeks for me now, but still no news.

Goodluck to everybody!

hsw88
4th Nov 2011, 20:27
Hallo everybody for all of your that are waiting for a response and they did they interview recently can u please give us hints on what they mainly focusing recently referring as tech questions, sim session etc...

Anybody has a day for the interview insight???

172_driver
4th Nov 2011, 22:44
- It is absolutely A MUST to do some sim beforehand...i did 4 hours in Gatwick at PMFlight, on the same aircraft. They know exactly how to prepare you for that...

To calm some people down... No it's not a must, you can pass anyway.

I bet many people have, myself included, this question in their mind before they go for the interview. Sometimes it's simply not practically possible to solve an hour in a 737 simulator before the assessment, considering time available, availability of sim, cost and much more...

Personally I only had a week notice, travelling 5000 miles for the interview, lots of paperwork to arrange beforehand, I did not get the opportunity. I sat in FS reviewing procedures, profiles etc. and it worked out just fine.

It's certainly a good idea to have some experience with a 737 cockpit and approximate flight characteristics, but don't feel your doomed to fail on beforehand just because you haven't.

McCormick
4th Nov 2011, 23:32
By the way, they also asked 'why did you partial your IR?' I said the truth, cause i lost the glide on final...They said ahhh ok.

Mobius1
5th Nov 2011, 09:53
Did anyone apply a couple of weeks ago and has already received the call for the interview day either via OAA or CAE?
Cheers

TESTingPILOT
5th Nov 2011, 12:42
Hi , Has anyone been invited to the interviews next Tuesday or Wednesday? If so what time does your start time say?

sobrum
6th Nov 2011, 16:54
I'm invited for an interview on 6th of December.. If anyone else has the same date please feel free to contact me.

sobrum
6th Nov 2011, 17:01
Much appreciation. I'm invited on the 6th of December for the assessment. If anyone else has the same date, please feel free to contact me.
Grts

7574ever
6th Nov 2011, 19:20
Hey! If any of the guys that attended the assessment on Nov. 1st is reading, PM me as I didn't have time to get your contact info!

Regards.

sim737
6th Nov 2011, 20:37
sobrum you say you have an assesment on the 6th of december i was not aware that ryanair were giving out dates that far in advance could you plz advice me as off to how long ago it was that u applied. and after that how long u waited on a reply and did you apply with cae or oaa

PIOSEE
6th Nov 2011, 22:41
Again I might ask. Have any Irish guys been called for an interview lately?!?!

sim737
7th Nov 2011, 21:40
sobrum i just did not think that interviews were scheduled that far in advance. I thought it was more of a case of getting a few days notice at best a week for you interview date u say u applied in may did u update occasionaly with them did u apply with cae aswell. Has anybody recently applied with in the last few weeks and been called for an intervew and how much notice did u recieve and for when is the interview. Any feedback would be much appreciated

mzurek
8th Nov 2011, 07:05
"Got my interview this Thurs, I applied to CAE and OAA 25th Oct. CAE got back straight away and said could I send CV in. Then got another email saying it had been sent to Ryanair. This was all within 48 hrs. Called last Tuesday 1st Nov asking if I could attend an interview this week."

That was very fast. I applied to CAE on the 25th but didn't get any reply yet. Is it always this fast and they just didn't select me or are there more people who had to wait longer ?

fungi
8th Nov 2011, 08:54
So, how it is right now?
Let's say that you passed all interviews, tests etc. and Ryanair select you as potential FO. Will they guarantee job for you or not?
OR is there anybody, who was selected to do Typerating with Ryanair (via CAE or OOA), and no job was offered?
I'm asking, as I run out off the money, and I can't afford to do type, BUT if I'll be guaranteed (or there will be 95% chances), that I'll have job, I can get loan.
Thx in advance for answer.

Mobius1
8th Nov 2011, 09:34
I applied October the 6th through OAA and CAE. No answers yet. I tried to refresh my application through CAE yesterday but I don't know if it works really. I can't believe there are guys that waited 2 days. I think its a complete randomly selection anyway.

aozc
8th Nov 2011, 10:05
There is no guarantee whatsoever, not even when "employed". However if you do well during your TR and LT, seen historically it hasn't been a problem. Ryanair still has a need for people.

Mobius1
8th Nov 2011, 11:45
The fact is that it seems there is no method in the selection and response to an application. I mean the most logical one is going in a chronological order but in fact they don't use it. I don't know how it works exactly but keep waiting anyway.
Cheers

sim737
8th Nov 2011, 15:07
ok since there seems there is no method to the selection process. Aquestion involving sobrum,airminghigh123,mzurek,mobiusi. sobrum waited from may to get a respose from cae for an interview were as airminghigh and mzurek waited just 48 hours and mobiusi is waiting on a response from the 6th of october. So to try and work out this maddness in the selection process how did each of you four individuals train did you ever fail a skills test or any atpl exams what flight school did u attend what sort of sim did you do your mcc course on and did you also do a joc and when is your instument ratings valid till before renewal any information would be very helpfull cheers

gwizzaviatior
8th Nov 2011, 15:32
Sim737,

The CAE application does not ask whether you had first time or second time passes. So it is irrelevant of that, as they ask that on the phone. So with CAE the assumption that they use first time passes doesnt apply. So...you take a guess....

mzurek
8th Nov 2011, 16:54
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I haven't been selected. I was just quoting a previous post. I'm sorry for the confusion. It is just strange that people get contacted in just a few days while others never get a reply. I have never failed an exam. Today I have also sent an application to OAA. See if they come back to me.

lewisc
8th Nov 2011, 17:24
Hi, has anyone on here been booked onto the type rating course on the january 16th at east mids? if so could you message me, it would be nice to meet some people before hand?

SheikYerbouti
8th Nov 2011, 19:44
How do I show that I have a first time pass on my ATPL-theory subjects?

I have only got a diploma from my training organisation and a letter from the CAA that I have passed it.

Will CAE/OAA/BRK/RYR call them and check it themselves or will I have to forward a protocol of some sort with all my results? how was it during your assessment?

gwizzaviatior
8th Nov 2011, 20:29
Sheik,
Call the CAA exams department up. For the sum of £26 they will send you your certificates (which yu should have already). They will email a scan over as well as post the originals!
Job done mate !

SheikYerbouti
9th Nov 2011, 12:47
Dear Qwizzaviator, thanks for your helpfulness.

The Swedish caa could only hand out a diploma that I have passed it but not saying anything about retries, and my license/certificate says I have the ATP-theory but it doesn't say I passed it all in the first sitting. My FTO where I did the exams has gone bust and cannot help me for that reason.

What kind of documents will they ask for at the assessment? I don't wanna show up with my diplomas only just to be sent back home :ugh:

gwizzaviatior
9th Nov 2011, 13:54
Hi Sheik,

Have you actually been invited to an assessment?
You are indeed correct because the FR inviting email does say:

"Results of your JAA exams and confirmation of how many attempts it took you to pass the exams."

If you have been invited, I would assume the person that sent the invite would have given you their details to ask them? You best bet is to speak with CAE/persons organising your assessment and they shall guide you!

Earlier I assume you were dealing with the UK CAA, so my apologies there buddy.

Good luck
GWA

SheikYerbouti
9th Nov 2011, 18:57
Hi Qwizz,

I got a set of PDFs now with all of my results for each subject from the CAA where it says how many attempts I had so that should be enough. :ok:

Mobius1
9th Nov 2011, 21:46
Just wondering to know the average age of those that had a call for the interview in the last few weeks/months...trying to figure out a "method" behind the selection..any help much appreciated!

sim737
9th Nov 2011, 22:08
has anybody that has been accepted for an interview and applied threw cae. Failed ant atpl exams and do they ask this on the phone call is it a must not to have failed any

SheikYerbouti
10th Nov 2011, 04:28
They ask you on the phone and you will have to give them the caa exam protocol where they can verify this as I have understood it.

Mobius1
10th Nov 2011, 11:22
Does anybody know if there is a time period I have to wait for between canceling my application and reapply again through CAE?
Is it possible to reapply straight after having retracted the application?
Cheers guys

BounceBounceLand
10th Nov 2011, 13:30
Well I applied Sunday 16th October and still the wait continues :ugh:

I'm a flying instructor with 2100 hours mainly SEP and wondering if this will count against me, they seem to want 200 hours and wet behind the ears?

aozc
10th Nov 2011, 15:24
It seems like a lottery, no one knows what/who they prefer. Some people with thousands of turboprop hours has been invited several years after applying.

B73800
10th Nov 2011, 15:46
I still watch this forum and wonder if people really think the company's are waiting for them. WOW, 16 oktober. Are you allready waiting 3 weeks!??!?!?! It's a shame man!!!!! Sue them!!!!

Oh wait, I waited 1.5 years to get invited by a company without complaining and just working my ass off to get an invitation by one of the 200 company's I applied.

Don't be ignorant, and just work hard so you will be prepared when you are lucky enough when you get invited eventually....

Just my 2 cents!

sim737
10th Nov 2011, 18:33
has anybody applied recently and got accepted for an interview with any atpl exams not passed on the first attempt and how strict r they on this. does it have to be all fourteen first time passes as im not going to waste my time applying if this is so i have two failures and seond time round i got over 90% thanks for any feedback

aozc
10th Nov 2011, 18:45
sim737, my friend was asked this over the initial phone call from CAE, he said that he had failed one exam with a tiny marigin. He was sacked right away over the phone, he started argueing about it since he passed the exam well a few days later but was told it's non negotiable. I don't know how it works if you apply through OAA.

YaKyLLaN
10th Nov 2011, 21:43
-Applied via CAE and OAA. I received the OAA call after 2 months from the application.
-190h
-23years old (1988)
-I have finished all my training 4 months ago, all exams passed at first pass (atpl T, cpl, ir, me)
-Last airplane: DA42
-I have never applied before.

Invited for the Wednesday 16th assessment, Stansted.

Anyone else?

sim737
10th Nov 2011, 22:18
can any one tell me plz if they have been accepted to interview from either cae or oaa with any failures in there atpl exams

Salbar
11th Nov 2011, 15:59
I applied via CAE in april of this year, and still havn't heard anything. I've tried to cancel my application and then apply again to recycle everything. But it doesn't seem to help. All exams passed first time, and they've taken a lot of pilots from my school recently. Don't know if I've done anything wrong. Do you guys write anything in the comments?

aozc
11th Nov 2011, 16:43
It's a lottery, just wait and hope for your turn, some people get called after several years.

sim737
11th Nov 2011, 20:04
does any one have any insight into what flight schools in the uk and ireland ryanair prefer to recruit form i mean a modular school and not integrated. any feedback from any one that has been invited to interview with in the last lot of months. Also does any one no about simtech in dublin ireland what there mcc course is like its done on a 737xj any feedback much appreciated

unintentionallyblank
11th Nov 2011, 23:22
Anyone for the Tuesday 15:th Nov assessment @ STN?

PIOSEE
12th Nov 2011, 11:45
How can you say anywhere in Ireland is the "in" place in the republic?! As NO ONE from these schools have been INVITED FOR AN ASSESSMENT since May-June or so. Including the school in Cork that you mentioned.

Now before other people comment, read what it says. Cause I know someone will say "I knew a few Irish lads in my TR course in September". So my pre-response is... They had their assessment May/June. You won't find them on the TR courses in Nov/Dec/Jan!

sim737
12th Nov 2011, 14:12
Ok sinsce no irish boys apparantly not accepted what about people from northern irelane and if they have trained at aeros bournemouth flight training bristol aviation or modular ctc do u stand a chance if u went to one of them cheers for any replys

Air_Days
13th Nov 2011, 18:33
This question is for anyone who has passed the Ryanair assessment.
How is the Boeing 737-800ng type-rating payment done? Is it in one payment or is it in a monthly basis?
Hope to hear an answer soon, Best wishes.:)

hsw88
14th Nov 2011, 10:11
Leaving on the side the fact that takes ages to get called for an assessment and it's not really predictable who, why and when the call...

Is there anybody that has an assessment coming up soon?????

Or anybody that just went for a "gold day" and wish to share tips and scenarios of what happened etc...

PLEASE POST!!! or pvt message!!! ;-)

Jacopilot
15th Nov 2011, 14:41
anyone for the 23 in STN?

hsw88
16th Nov 2011, 05:51
Anybody going on the 22nd????

flyingfox320
16th Nov 2011, 10:45
@hsw88 and @Jacopilot for 22 and 23th assessment....how far in advance did they call you and from which company?

Thx:)

Jacopilot
16th Nov 2011, 12:31
Hi flyingfox! I was called yesterday afternoon by OAA....

sr71a
16th Nov 2011, 12:34
I was also called yesterday from OAA ...

hsw88
16th Nov 2011, 13:50
CAE
confirmed yesterday

Mobius1
16th Nov 2011, 18:19
When did you apply guys? All integrated or modular as well? MCC in Oxford?

Jacopilot
16th Nov 2011, 21:00
I applied in march with CAE and around august with OAA.... modular course with mcc in FSB Berlin.

hsw88
17th Nov 2011, 06:33
applyed in october right after my MCC with them at CAE...

OCtober 2010!!!

sr71a
17th Nov 2011, 10:29
I applayed about one year ago... It'll be my first assessment...

Vone Rotate
17th Nov 2011, 13:44
Does anyone know of anyone having a second assessment? Screwed up the tech interview two years ago. I now have two years instructing under my belt and want to try again but OAA keep telling me it's first time applicants only:ugh:

gwizzaviatior
17th Nov 2011, 15:00
vonerotate - did you try your application again via CAE instead?
I had initially thought that you could apply again after 6months, but need to confirm this.
Cheers
GWA

Vone Rotate
17th Nov 2011, 17:20
I have tried both but none are interested.
What I do find strange is you pay for the assessment so I don't really get why they are anti try again! I messed up first time but have improved massively in the last 2 years so don't get why it's all cloak and dagger with regards to getting re assessed.

Don't think I've read about anyone who got reassessed so would like to hear if anyone has..

I remember when they did recruitment road shows trying to recruit! How times change hey!!

giorgioleiros
18th Nov 2011, 10:21
i was called for assesment day 7th of december.

lstz206
18th Nov 2011, 12:19
Hey there!
Is there anybody who knows, how they deal with the ATPL Theory results from the LBA in Germany? Maybe you know that u have to do all subjects at once. Hard to pass all the first time!
Thanks in advance!

flyingfox320
21st Nov 2011, 08:46
Hi,

called for assessment on 1st Dec anyone else?:)

Skynrd
21st Nov 2011, 10:06
Lucky you..i applied the first october's week..still no answer..

Mobius1
21st Nov 2011, 10:30
applied first week of october as well mate..no answer yet..where did you do your training?

Warrior2
21st Nov 2011, 10:48
Also applied in October and have heard nothing.

21 Modular Trained, 600Hrs TT

Skynrd
21st Nov 2011, 11:13
lol, at least i'm in good company :) i've heard that the first guy that will discover the Ryr's hiring method will be awarded with the Nobel Prize for science!

Warrior2
21st Nov 2011, 17:04
777yankee

Do you mind posting when you applied and your training route?

Civilizedpilot
21st Nov 2011, 20:21
Is there anyone who has result about his application he did on the 2nd NOV 2011?
I am becoming really nervous...

zondaracer
21st Nov 2011, 21:10
A good friend of mine had an assessment on 1 November and already got the ¨no¨ response two weeks ago.

B737Dude
21st Nov 2011, 22:55
Does anyone know if updating your profile makes any difference to your waiting time? Also I have a Arabic First name.. Will they look at it in another way compared to a name like Nick or David?

Skynrd
22nd Nov 2011, 08:17
Civilizedpilot at the 90% you are on i guess.I ve heard that the longer you wait the more are the possibilities to get hired.

Civilizedpilot
22nd Nov 2011, 10:24
Thanks for the reply.

I know of 1 guy that did the assessment on the same day that he got a mail saying he was out.
However it has been almost 3 weeks now and I am getting more and more nervous by the day....

BTW if I can help anyone with telling what to expect the day of the interview, please don 't hesitate to send me a mail.

Eirjet
22nd Nov 2011, 21:06
When did you apply?Via CAE or Oxford? Cheers.

flyingfox320
22nd Nov 2011, 21:18
I think I've send application on 25th Oct not sure...on both CAE and OAA and they contacted me via e-mail on 3th Nov and phone call yesterday...

Mobius1
23rd Nov 2011, 09:47
I applied first week of October and refreshed my application a month later but still no answers. So in my point of view nothing changes if you refresh your profile and application, it doesn't trigger it forward unfortunately.

Anyway,does anyone knows if you can retract the application from CAE website and re-apply straight after? Or is there any time period to wait before application can be made again?

flyingfox320
24th Nov 2011, 11:53
No one on 1. decmber?:)

widered
25th Nov 2011, 07:15
Hi people anyone who is starting with Ryanair you should join REPA and join IALPA
if you want your terms and conditions to increase to a fairer wage in line with average industry norms rather than getting 1000 euros as a senior FO in the winter,

arsilva
26th Nov 2011, 01:57
I will be there 30th also 777yankee (http://www.pprune.org/members/375668-777yankee)

:) see you

ylliw
30th Nov 2011, 16:12
Hi guys I did the assessment with ryanair the 11 october 2011 and since then I haven't received any result from Ryanair, they told me in 15 days we let you know either a positive or negative response, how is it possible they haven't advised me yet????? Is there anyone who did the assessment the 11 october???? Thanks guys ask me any questions about the assessment Iwill happy to help you!!!!!

Gomrath
30th Nov 2011, 17:33
Does anybody have any idea of how to get fingerprinted in order to submit your request for an FBI criminal record check?? It's driving me freaking crazy!

This is usually initiated at their request. They provide a form with details of the Clearing House and Department etc to where the results will end up.
You take the form along to a LiveScan fingerprint location along with government issued photo-id (passport), who then relieve you of around $50 or so. They take the prints digitally and enter the form details into their system and it all gets transmitted to the Clearing House, then distributed to the end department with the results.

disco87
30th Nov 2011, 18:35
When people were filling out their CAE profile so they could apply for jobs, did you put anything in the additional info box?

giorgioleiros
3rd Dec 2011, 14:10
Anyone for 7th December in STN?

PIOSEE
6th Dec 2011, 09:08
No... Myself nor any other Irish I know have got a call.

Da-20 monkey
6th Dec 2011, 09:57
Does anyone know for how long RYR will keep recruiting at the current rate? Will it stop once the last 737s are delivered, and if so: When?

Mobius1
6th Dec 2011, 12:03
where did you hear that recruiting cools down in short term mate? I've applied a couple of months ago and haven't received an answer yet..did someone from the inside tell you that?
Cheers

JLMF
8th Dec 2011, 12:27
They won´t stop.There are pilots leaving to others companies every day.

G-NOFT
8th Dec 2011, 22:24
Still no news on the RYR front...
seems like anyone outside of Oxford is not going to be called,

as for the UK there is a lot of students I can see waiting... and the Q is only getting longer by the day.... Cabair and CTC are turning out a huge number of students... as RYR are only taking from OAA (someone please correct me if I am wrong:rolleyes:) the situation is getting worst and worst.... :ugh:

yes RYR may have taking 400 guys this year and next maybe 500 or 1,000 but if they only take from OAA they may aswell take on 10,000 it will make no difference to the rest of us. :*

anyone got an update on Irish schools ? as I have been informed and from reading the comments above there has been no movement ?

Anywhere else in Europe going to open the doors to the mass of 250 hour folk that is now starting to pile up.???

for the ryr haters out there save your time:=... i don't care what you think:E.

galwaypilot
9th Dec 2011, 10:39
In Ireland, we have three FTO's. One on east coast who might as well be renamed NAMA and nothing happening there. Another on the south east coast that is churning out snobs in pretty uniforms who queued up for for an over priced course and yet is still no better off for getting a job. And last but certainly not least the the barn like school on the south west coast where it's rumoured that certain employees are more concerned in trading animals than real pilots... Not much to chose from really given the options. I should have gone to OAA or Jerez. My bad

No RYR for me
9th Dec 2011, 11:05
G NOFT you are talkinging out of your @...

Although I dislike RYR for a lot of reasons:
OAA is not an exclusive supplier. RYR is the one who decices who comes onboard and OAA is just the window for pre selection just like CAE is. RYR hate exclusive suppliers because that might give the power to a supplier and worse a lot of students of one school increase the change on unions...and guess what RYR doesnt like that either...

Apart from that: CTC has an almost empty holdingpool and claiming that Cabair churning out lot's of pilots??? :ugh:

disco87
9th Dec 2011, 19:17
Anyone been called for an interview recently, seems like it's been a bit quiet. Perhaps they are slowing down their recruitment. If you have been offered an interview, when dis you apply and to which company.

Icarus1981
9th Dec 2011, 19:25
Hi guys,

I applied about 3 weeks ago and have been invited for selection next week.

galwaypilot
10th Dec 2011, 01:11
Well it looks like I should have gone to OAA or Jerez... As Ryr don't have much interest in the Irish schools. Plus the flight schools "after sales department" is pretty much non-existent along with the multiple connections to the airlines that were promised when I started to hand over the cash. I paid €70,000 to end up where I started... The back arse of Mayo! Aviation seems to be a monkeys game. Have to admit I feel like a bit of an ape.

galwaypilot
10th Dec 2011, 01:27
Does anyone agree?

arsilva
10th Dec 2011, 03:44
I got the phone call today after 9 days waiting, starting in March. Very gentle staff.

I am no Irish and haven't done course in Oxford nor something similar...

nibbio1983
10th Dec 2011, 09:36
I was about to answer to G-NOFT that recently RYR invited 3guys from italy for an assesment and none of'em went to oaa! They did all their training in italy. I was about to say that we probably have a problem of age, becouse G-NOFT and I are 28 and I see RYR is calling people who are within 21-24..at least lately. But than I saw ICARUS1981 post which is leading myself in hoping again, so like you guys I also wander: how the :mad: are they inviting people for the assesment? I applied 3months ago thorough both oaa and cae and still no news! ICARUS may I ask you please where have you done your training and Who invited you for the assesment? Was it cae or oaa? By the way good luck!!

Skynrd
10th Dec 2011, 09:54
Let's just waitin for Godot..

Jacopilot
10th Dec 2011, 10:51
I attend the assessment on 23 nov and got the call this week, starting date 27 Feb in ema... no one of the guys hired that day comes from oaa courses.

-c206-
10th Dec 2011, 17:03
hi guys

could you help me out here?planning to take my mcc soon, but not sure what to do. I can take it with oaa in Stockholm, using Ryanairs OPC and so on. This course is EXPENSIVE. Or I can do it another place for allmost half the price.
So my Q is:
Does it have anything to say where I take my mcc, or do they (RYR) give a s***....?

golfcharlie232
10th Dec 2011, 17:05
With Ryanair, it's pretty simple.
They don't give a damn whether you're Irish, French, Spanish or anything else. Integrated/Modular makes no difference either.
You meet their requirements, you have little or no previous airline experience, you're less than 30 years old, preferably young with 200h, have the right to work in Europe and have €27500 in the bank, then you might get invited to the interview (which you have to pay for).
Which part of this don't you understand?

One poster above said they're not hiring Irish people because he wasn't invited himself.
Well ... they do recruit a lot, they do want your money, but believe it or not there are more than 400 new jobless pilots every year.
If you are 32 years old, although there have been people older than that joining the company in the past, there are very little chances to even get close to an interview with them.

Their training facilities (East Midlands and CAE in Amsterdam) are running at almost full capacity at the moment. Back in July, there were rumours recruitments would stop and there wouldn't be any new type rating course after October. Rumours are rumours, trust them if that makes you feel better.

Reality is simple. People from all over Europe (and this does include Ireland) are joining Ryanair. I've come across more than 5 new Irish guys in the past 2 months.

Before you join, have a deep look into the terms and conditions.
Everything is not as bad as depicted on some parts of this forum, but some other aspects are not quite enjoyable and people don't really talk about this on here.
I personnaly like the fact they send you out-of-base quite a lot (and to be honest, most people actually hate this). The network is great, the planes are new and in good conditions, you do get to fly a lot (although this is very much base-dependant), you can jumpseat anywhere around the network (well, at least that's the reality of it), the pay is decent, etc...

Now, on duty pilots and cabin crew don't get to interact much unlike other airlines. Cabin crew stay in the cabin, pilots are locked behind a door. If you're lucky, you'll get to talk to them for 2 minutes on a 3 hour flight when they bring you hot water for your coffee (which you do not have to pay for! Incredible, isn't it?).
A lot of crew don't speak very good English and stick to their mother language when several people of the same nationaly fly together.
Most new joiners are nice and friendly but some pilots are not fun to seat next to on 4 sector days. Most cockpit conversations are focused on "leaving Ryanair", while we pretty much all agree it isn't that bad in the end.
Bases. Now this is where you tend to get really frustrated. You want Madrid and a friend of yours wants Stansted, you'll get Stansted and your friend will get Madrid. That's how it works. I have met people applying for a particular base over a three year period and never get it while a lot of new cadets would go straight to there.
Some bases are actually really crap. You can be on standby's 4 days in a row every other week in winter in some bases (remember, you get paid for the amount of hours you spend up in the air, not on the ground on standby). Some airports (Madrid for example) have you taxi for half an hour every morning. You're paid on scheduled block hours, and block hours don't plan for 1/2h taxi twice a day ... You're still limited to 900 hrs total but get paid for 700.

Well, there are a lot of things going on about Ryanair. Look for yourself, see if it would suit you and most importantly, try to see if you have any other options or job opportuny (and most people probably don't).

CS-CCO
10th Dec 2011, 17:49
VERY good post. Thank you.

I was 200h, first pass CPL/IR and ME, one theory re-sit but 33 years old so I got a "Good-bye, John" letter within a couple of months of having applied.

flyasthesky
10th Dec 2011, 18:08
Hi Golfcharlie232, I hope you are well.

"Reality is simple. People from all over Europe (and this does include Ireland) are joining Ryanair. I've come across more than 5 new Irish guys in the past 2 months."

I think what a lot of people are trying to explain is that in the last 5-6 months Ryanair seems to have ceased inviting any Irish applicants to interviews regardless of age.Nobody is disputing the fact that there are Irish people conducting line-training at the moement or finishing it up but they would have had their interviews earlier on in the year, perhaps Jan through to June.

However if you say you have come across 5 new Irish guy's in the past few months, do you mind me asking at what stage would they be at? i.e just finished interviews,pre-type rating, line-training etc.

I most certainly do not treat Ryanair as the "be all and end all" as it is not, however I know of quite a few people (mainly low time Irish pilot's) who would be very interested in this.

Thanks for your time.

Johnny Tightlips
10th Dec 2011, 18:47
Golfcharlie232 has fairly much got it in one there, very good post. I have heard this not hiring Irish people lark as well and there seems to be some truth to it. It all seems to down to the fact that the Irish crews(myself included) are annoying ops in STN as to why we have not got a base anywhere near home even though we are in the company- in my case anyway, 2 years now.

For galway pilot. Your attitude is all wrong for an airline and you would not last one day in RYR. I'm not trying to be a pr!ck but just some advice. The world of Irish aviation is very small and everyone knows everyone, especially in Ryanair. We already know you come from Mayo and that you most likely went to one of the 3 Irish schools. You were talking about a school in the south west and some crap about trading animals.Some of the instructors there are Ryanair CPT/FO, they will spot a bullsh!tter a mile away. You have to tone it down a bit, it would be very easy to find out who you are and believe me it's not what you know but who you know in here.

The best bit of advice I was given when I joined Ryanair was: "Keep your eyes and ears open, and your mouth closed"

golfcharlie232
10th Dec 2011, 19:42
To clarify a few things,
- First, I forgot to mention that most if not all people joining Ryanair had either first time passes or partials in their IR and CPL. I haven't come across anyone who failed any skill test before.
- Yes, the Irish guys did have the interview in the past 3~4 months or so. They're in Type Rating right now, not Line Training yet. There are a lot more French, Spanish and British than German for example, would that imply that Ryanair doesn't like German people? I would just tend to believe there are more job opportunities in Germany than France or Spain and hence a lot less people from Germany applying to Ryanair.
Less Irish than Spanish? Probably, but how smaller is Ireland compared to Spain?

"It all seems to down to the fact that the Irish crews(myself included) are annoying ops in STN as to why we have not got a base anywhere near home"
Ah well ... That's not the Irish crews, that's pretty much everyone. :) Who is lucky enough to have a base near home? Ok I know a few who actually got their first choice but most didn't.

Last point, the fact that people within Ryanair complain so much about the conditions is down to the fact that little efforts from the management could change a lot (particularly the base-attribution). It's really not a bad airline (for pilots), but we feel like it could easily be much better.

MyDreamIsToFly
10th Dec 2011, 21:30
Thanks, boeing.737

Could you tell us something about your sim assesstment?

busykill
11th Dec 2011, 00:03
galwaypilot: Really don't think you should be blaming your school choice.. 12 months ago most of my Tr course trained in ireland, I even trained with a few before it! Actually there was one guy out of the 12 from Oaa. Maybe it's changed but in the last couple of weeks I've had 2 supernumerary cadets who trained with small schools :hmm:

nibbio1983
11th Dec 2011, 10:24
Hi c206, at the moment they don't really care too much on where you did your mcc.. I know few guys that did their mcc in a fixed King air SIM and got the call, as well as other gays that did it in Stockholm and are still waiting! It's up to you!

-c206-
11th Dec 2011, 18:13
thanks a lot nibbio!

flyingfox320
13th Dec 2011, 16:53
Hey guys,

does anybody knows if is there any chance to be called again if you fail first assessment? Does anybody have that kind of experiences or is only and final shoot when you are called...:sad:

PIOSEE
14th Dec 2011, 10:48
Firstly I don't know why you call yourself 'Galwaypilot' when your from Ballinrobe Co.Mayo. I think your child like rant is nothing but pathetic! To say your school has something to do with you not having a job? Hmmm, maybe you should look at your ability first!! As your two posts are not only insulting Irish schools, but your fellow Irish trained cadets and Irish aviation as a whole. Which in my opinion over aviation history, has played a massive role in it, especially in the aircraft leasing sector.

And it's that very attitude that has you moaning here, and the nearest you'll get to a jet is working in the McDonalds in Dublin Airport... So in that case I'll have a Big Mac. You can keep the change as I'd say you'll need it. Grow up... There is a reason Ryanair aren't recruiting the Irish, the standard of training in Ireland is definitely not one of them. Though when they see Irish guys with your attitude presenting themselves for an assessment, you'd start to wonder is that the reason. 😡 try 'clownpilot' as a user name....

corsair
14th Dec 2011, 12:21
I see illusions being shattered here not least with Galwaypilot. The fact of the matter that it's business as usual as far as airline recruitment is concerned. As in there are too few places for too many pilots. It was the same when I qualified, you might have to wait years before a job came up. Back then instead of sneering at the local flying schools. People found the money to get an Instructor's rating and bided their time.

People are luckier now than at other times. Ryanair recruits continously and if you fit their profile, Irish or not and you have the money. You have a chance.

Incidentally the age 30 rule is not hard and fast with Ryanair. I happen to know a few who were a lot older. But they had a connection to a certain flight school in Ireland. Indeed I would fancy my chances even though I am well and truly over thirty.

Galwaypilot evidently went to the 'wrong' Irish school. If you really want to get into Ryanair there is only one.

englishman
15th Dec 2011, 12:29
Has anyone else gotten this e mail:
Dear applicant,

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme.

We regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process for the Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme conducted by OAA. Due to the large number of applications received on a weekly basis, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback regarding your application.

For other programs conducted by OAA please see our website, www.oaa.com (http://www.oaa.com/).

On behalf of the airline, we would like to thank you for your interest in this programme and wish you every success in the future.

Merovingio
15th Dec 2011, 16:16
Me too, I do not know why. I think is because I did it with CAE and Oxford cancel my application.

zondaracer
15th Dec 2011, 16:39
An Italian friend of mine got one of those letters and a week later he got called by CAE for an assessment. Don't worry.

lespaul06
15th Dec 2011, 18:35
Yes , same situation for me a couple of months ago , I received one of these emails from OAA one month after my CAE assessment . I already had the job :O

matalice
15th Dec 2011, 19:59
Hi everyone I applied to OOA about 2 months ago and a few days ago I got this email
below...has anyone got a similar email and got called in for interview etc? Please share your experience and thoughts.Cheers!
Heres the email:

Dear applicant,

Thank you very much for your application to be considered for the self sponsored Boeing 737 – 800 cadet scheme. Your application has been sent to Ryanair for review. This could take up to a few weeks

We will be in touch with you shortly to let you know the outcome.

Thank you again for your interest in the programme.

Kind regards,

xxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxxx
Customer Services Assistant

Oxford Aviation Academy
Oxford Airport, Kidlington OX5 1QX

T:
+44 (0)xxxxxxxxxxxx
E: [email protected]

www.oaa.com (http://www.oaa.com/)

Registered office: Fleming Way, Crawley
West Sussex RH10 9UH
Registered in England and Wales No. 6277278

DKL
15th Dec 2011, 23:02
I just received the same email. Good news?

Skynrd
17th Dec 2011, 22:05
Same for me Matalice and Dkl..i applied the first time around the middle of October and i received the same mail 3 days ago.

B737Dude
18th Dec 2011, 21:55
How often does OAA or CAE review applications to call people for a Interview? Is there a set day of the week where everyone receives the e-mail! I also applied towards the end of oct! Fingers crossed :uhoh:

Weeman5
19th Dec 2011, 09:04
Hey guys.

Have just spoken with CAE. Applied at there website and got an answer already the following day.
I know a couple of guys who applied at the same time and they have heard noting. Unfortunately I have failed one of my skill tests so there was no luck for me getting to work for Ryanair.

Don’t know why I was selected but the lady I spoke to said that Ryanair does not at the moment take people in who have failed an Skill test or ATPL test. The can accept partials but not complete failures.. Damn you CPL and Ryanair :ugh:

noox89
20th Dec 2011, 11:47
Hi guys,
I was just wondering how the phone call from OAA and CAE proceeds? What do they ask you to bring for the interview if you get one and what do they ask you on the phone? I had all skill tests first passes with (e- excellent), unfortunately I failed one subject by 1% and passed it for second time 90% plus. That's why I am worried about the response to this fact by RYR.

cerealkiller
20th Dec 2011, 12:49
Just for info, I applied back in March with both CAE and OAA but heard nothing at all. Still waiting with fingers crossed, wonder if i'll be able to uncross them later!

:p

aozc
20th Dec 2011, 14:46
Seems to be one fail and they say good bye :rolleyes:

imperioso9
20th Dec 2011, 18:49
Could anyone who has recently had the assessment share his experience with us??
I´d like yo have an idea of these latest interviews with examples.

Regards

moruss
20th Dec 2011, 19:09
Yes, I have assessment day on 5th of Jan! How do you think, how important is dress code? any thoughts about interview?

B737Dude
20th Dec 2011, 19:49
moruss: How long ago did you apply to RYR and did you get the call from OAA or CEA?

dv_87
20th Dec 2011, 19:50
Hi everyone,

I've got first time passes in both CPL/IR skill tests and ATPLs, but to proof this I've got just signatures on the logbooks for CPL and IR and the ATPLs the results on two papers. Is that enough? Or they check themselves with the CAA to double check?:rolleyes:

20pilot
20th Dec 2011, 20:18
Hi all,

I just have a few questions and if anybody could clarify these, it would be much appreciated!

I have finished an integrated course and have 1st time passes in all theory and flight tests. I was looking at the OAA website and noticed that Ryanair is no longer listed under the airline schemes section, anyone know if this means anything? :confused:

Luckily tho i applied to CAE a few weeks back, anyone know how long it usually takes before the 1st phonecall?

Thanks in advance:)

flyingfox320
20th Dec 2011, 20:19
Hi guys,

looks like no one wants to share a "secret" of assessment so I will...:O I was on assessment in December so I'm quite fresh :)
Assessment is very relaxed and all are very nice, first they do a briefing about sim and all general questions and put candidates into pairs for sim assessment. In my case they paired us by tables. Then they hand out a NDB/DME approach charts in our case to brief with your partner. (there is plenty of time to brief everything) Then they will send first two candidates to a sim and second pair to interview.
On interview they can ask you anything technical and personal...If you don't know it say you don't and is OK don't "dig" your hole...:)
On sim they want a good CRM skills do as you brief and in the way it is said in Briefing pack....on sim some departure general handling (climbing, descending,....) and then report your position by DME/QDR,....and then approach.

and that is all:) every thing is like I said very relaxed and I was enjoying really and the sim is great:)

Grads :) and good luck!

Shuttle 3 Whiskey
20th Dec 2011, 20:35
flyingfox320,

May I ask whether the brief document they gave out was dated 06th March 2009?

Thanks in advance!

flyingfox320
20th Dec 2011, 20:58
Shuttle 3 Whiskey,

we got it with date 2010 but is same as 2009 because I have one at home from 2009 it's the same all the time:)

Shuttle 3 Whiskey
20th Dec 2011, 21:07
Thankyou flyingfox320.
Happy Christmas :)

imperioso9
20th Dec 2011, 22:36
Thanks I really apreciate your help. I wish you all the best luck when they call you.

Anyone else who can share with us his experience?

DMcC
21st Dec 2011, 10:10
Hi all. I had the assesment earlier this year.. Didnt get through it unfortunately. After take off and some upper airwork was given an uncontainable cabin fire followed by an ndb approach in cat 1.Was to high and close to the field so had to do a manual hold followed by full ndb procedure. Was then given normal cat 1 ils. My sim partner was given engine failure after takeoff, then single engine ndb approach and ils. Think it depends on the luck of the day as to what you get unfortunately.I have heard of people who 2 weeks after me were just given 2 ils approaches in clear calm conditions and got the job.

Eirjet
22nd Dec 2011, 09:22
The Oxford link has been removed from the Ryanair website,you can now only apply via CAE.

Changes ahead?

disco87
22nd Dec 2011, 09:43
Not very good, OAA had sent my details to Ryanair. Not heard a thing from CAE.

Skynrd
22nd Dec 2011, 09:57
Cadets – (No airline experience)
If you hold a JAR Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), have completed the theoretical knowledge for the ATPL(A) licence, hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course and have a valid multi-engine instrument rating you can apply online at CAE (CAE (http://www.cae.com/cts/ryanair)) to register your interest for our Cadet Programme.

From Ryr site....no mention about OAA

Im in the same disco's position, maybe they didn't send anything.

20pilot
22nd Dec 2011, 12:30
Anyone any idea, how long it takes for a phonecall from Ryanair? Average?

Thanks

Icarus1981
22nd Dec 2011, 13:20
Hi guys,

I applied in mid-November, call after 2 weeks, selection last week and got offered the job today.

Good luck to all.

-c206-
22nd Dec 2011, 16:30
Looks like OAA is out...wonder whats going on?

Icarus1981, did you apply through CAE or OAA?

Icarus1981
22nd Dec 2011, 16:58
I applied through both, but interview was through CAE. Had an email from OAA on the day I did the selection asking for my CV.

-c206-
22nd Dec 2011, 17:25
Thanks!
How was the interview/simcheck like?

imperioso9
22nd Dec 2011, 17:29
Hi Icarus1981 (http://www.pprune.org/members/376992-icarus1981):

Congratulations for your selection. I´m having the assesment in 2 weeks time and I was wondering if you could share with us the technichal and personal questions they made you and the profile of the sim you did.

Thanks in advance!

Icarus1981
23rd Dec 2011, 07:44
Hi guys

The assessment was exactly as has been posted here many times. Basic HR and tech questions, very relaxed and not designed to catch out. Sim check was a SID from Birmingham, steep turns and speed changes, followed by an emergency requiring a return to Birmingham. Ended with a procedural ILS to a go around followed by visual approach to land. This was done as both PF and PNF. You also have loads of time to study the charts and brief.

G-pilot
23rd Dec 2011, 22:40
Same for me Matalice and Dkl..i applied the first time around the middle of October and i received the same mail 3 days ago

Me too but now that OAA is not cooperating with Ryanair what will happen to us? will they still do some more assessments? Anyone called yet? Anyone had assessment with OAA in the next few days? or you are all with CAE?

cerealkiller
24th Dec 2011, 12:22
Hi all,
just for info: a good friend of mine sent the application through OAA about two weeks ago and one week later he got an email from them saying they forwarded he's details to Ryanair, so in my opinion seems that's not all over between Ryanair and OAA.
Happy Holidays!

:ok:

mnv
28th Dec 2011, 00:11
Does anybody know of someone having a second assessment after firstone failed, re-applying after 6 months? thanks to all

artlite
29th Dec 2011, 00:10
I'm sorry if this was already covered somewhere, but I couldnt find it. Is 27.500 euro for TR to be paid by the applicant? Is there a bond later? I'm just wondering if ryanair does p2f as well.

20pilot
29th Dec 2011, 12:15
artlite,

As far as im aware, for a cadet with no TR for ryanair has to fork out 28000 euros by his/her self, with no bond from the company!

@everyone

Seems to me that OAA has again put up that you can apply to ryanair through them on their website, although nothing is mentioned on Ryanair's website! Thoughts?

Herring Calf
2nd Jan 2012, 11:22
Hi mates!

I'm new to this forum and I recently applied to Ryan, both via OAA and CAE. I'm young and I did finish my CPL training last autumn with 225h in Stockholm. First time ATPL-theory passes. How long may time may I in average expect until they will come in touch with me? Will it be by phone or mail? If it is by phone, what will they say and ask me about?

And how long will it take after they respond until you gen an interview date? :)

WeMadeYou
2nd Jan 2012, 15:50
Herring Calf:

They may call you or not call you at all.
Since you have first time ATPL passes and checkrides i think it's likely you will get a call.
They probably send and E-mail and ask for your CV, then a week later a call. They will just ask you if you passed everything at the first, your hours and invite you to an assessment a week after.

If you dont get an assessment they probably just send you an email or nothing at all. It can take a week or years.

Good luck and i wish you a successful assessment!

Herring Calf
2nd Jan 2012, 17:08
Thank you for the information! :)
I have seen and also heard that Ryanair come in touch with some people just some weeks after application, and the thing I am afraid for is that I have recently booked a three week vacation to southeast Asia in February. So IF they will contact me in the near future I will have no chance to make my vacation, since they decide the dates for interview. (no chance for suggestions?) Or has anyone here some experience that it is possible to suggest other dates? Since I believe everyone who apply to an airline carrier do have some other occupation or what so ever which require some weeks of prior notice or so.

V2min
3rd Jan 2012, 12:00
Dear All,

I thought i would post my experience on the matter so far. To my surprise Mid december i received a call from OAA being invited to assessment. I could not make the initial date (initial invitation was 2 days notice) due to work roster.

I finally accepted a mid January assessment date and waited to receive details, i should add that due to the difference in type to my current employment i also booked a Sim refresher.

As of 2012 i had not received any details and was back at work for 2 weeks abroad. I called OAA to query why i had heard nothing, no confirmation email, no Assessment pack and no contact details as initial call was with withheld number.

I finally managed to contact an OAA representative on the subject and was informed that the OAA - RYR business relationship had "drastically changed" and that i should consult the RYR webpage for further details but they cold not help. Of course after consulting the RYR webpage, and not to my surprise there was no information available apart from OAA had been removed as an option for application.

Now i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place or "limbo" however thankfully employed. :ugh: just a simulator booking lighter in the pocket.

Best of luck everyone else, I advise trying CAE.

BRGDS V2min

V2min
3rd Jan 2012, 12:11
Herring Calf,

OAA offered an assessment date that i could not attend due to work roster, They had no problem listing dates until we came up with one that was suitable. I wouldn' t worry too much! P.S. don't expect a call from OAA in the near future.

Safe flying

V2min

Herring Calf
3rd Jan 2012, 21:41
V2min, thank you for the answer! It was just that type of an answer I wanted to see.

But one thing I didn't mention was that I have not done the MCC att OAA for the 738. I did my MCC at a Beech 200 simulator in Berlin (very good indeed), but nevertheless I do wonder how does the recruitment board look at this? I've also heard rumours that they invite people without the 738 MCC, but it may take longer time for them to receive an invitation? Or maybe none at all?
If someone could answer these questions, it would ease my nerves a lot! :)

zondaracer
3rd Jan 2012, 21:54
Herring Calf,

A good friend of mine also attended a B200 MCC course in Berlin and he was called by CAE for a Ryabair assessment after about 4 weeks. At his assessment, there were 7 guys, and 5 had attended OAA MCC on the 737. Hope that helps.

WeMadeYou
3rd Jan 2012, 23:02
I did my MCC with Oxford in Stockholm on the old Fokker 28 and was invited by CAE.

In my type rating class, all people have different MCC:s.
From B200 to 737 and A320.

I really don't think Ryanair care if you made a modular course or which MCC you have. They see if you can fly, are able to learn and fit into the organisation.
The recruiter even said one of the best guys they seen needed 4 years finishing his CPL/IR/ME.
It's only the integrated schools trying with that rumours to sell more expensive education.

Tejutope
4th Jan 2012, 13:15
Can anyone tell me how to get a sponsorship.

zxman7r
4th Jan 2012, 16:25
Hi Guys, I spoke with oxford earlier and was told that although business betweeen RYR and Oxford has ceased.. Anyone who received an email from them in December can still expect to hear back from them in the near future as they are still processing those applications. All hopes not Lost! :cool:

Mobius1
5th Jan 2012, 13:12
@ zxman7r,
did you get the e-mail telling that your application has been sent to Ryanair and they will get back to you in a few weeks from OAA?
I received that e-mail in mid-december but heard nothing yet. Did they really tell you that those applications are still valid and processed?
Cheers

20pilot
5th Jan 2012, 14:28
Has anyone got a phonecall from Ryanair lately, who have applied through cae?? If so, when did you apply and how long were you waiting?

Thanks

zxman7r
6th Jan 2012, 15:07
Yes I recieved the Email saying that I would hear back within a few Weeks!

Pakla
9th Jan 2012, 22:44
Hi guys, I got that e-mail as well, I'd like to be sure about the possibility someone will call me. Hope something will sounds good please write up any news 'cos everyone of us I think is under pressure about it. Good luck to all

PIOSEE
10th Jan 2012, 11:06
Built4speed, I appreciate your constant posts re joining BALPA/IALPA are of interest to some who HAVE joined Ryanair. This thread is named 'Ryanair interviews and sim assessments' for a very good reason... We don't have a crew doc code! Nor will we if we focus on the negativity expressed by people within.

During our flight school training we learned to focus on what's directly ahead of us. Take each stage at a time. For all of us here, that's the assessment day! Anything else is on the back burner until we get passed the assessment. Further more, apparently due to the massive drive by the Irish and UK pilots trying to forming a union, it's one of the reasons why those nationalities aren't been called for an assessment over the last six months. so let us do what's right for us first, that's getting the first job!!!

go around flaps15
10th Jan 2012, 19:07
I am with Southside on this one. This is a thread for guys and girls trying to pass an assesment with FR.

They just need relevent information with regard to passing the assessment.

The politics come later.

GMW
10th Jan 2012, 20:24
So this assessment...would anyone give a bullet point description of what it involves?

Interview, Sim, maths and physics tests, a group interview??

777yankee
12th Jan 2012, 11:09
Hi, I start my intro on 27/02/2012 and my TR 12/03/2012 at EMA, anyone else?

20pilot
12th Jan 2012, 13:35
What is up with Ryanair at the moment? Is anyone getting called for assessment?

Torque Tonight
12th Jan 2012, 14:25
So this assessment...would anyone give a bullet point description of what it involves?

Wouldn't it be great if there was a thread somewhere on pprune that addressed these questions. :ugh:

flyasthesky
12th Jan 2012, 15:15
Rumour I heard was things have quietened down until the end of January.

I didn't get direct confirmation that Ryanair would still review OAA applications from December 2011 when I rang OAA.

Hopefully we hear something.

GMW
12th Jan 2012, 16:34
Torque Tonight

Yeah...I see what you’re saying.

I just wanted to know if there was a group assessment. I am led to believe there isn't?

That wouldn’t be giving too much away would it?

Torque Tonight
12th Jan 2012, 17:27
Just teasing you.

In answer to your last question, no, not when I did it.

rasfcivil
12th Jan 2012, 17:33
Hi folks,

Anyone here that was refused a job after being successful selected at 1st stage and after the completion of the B737 TR...

cheers

noox89
13th Jan 2012, 13:31
Anyone who has received e-mail to send CV and other information to CAE this week?

turbine100
16th Jan 2012, 19:59
I noticed this evening that OAA don't have the link for the Ryanair scheme on their website anymore. Have they finished recruitment via OAA?

P1 Forever
16th Jan 2012, 20:16
Yeah I would like the answer to that too turbine100, I noticed that aswell.

Has something happened and Ryanair don't think OAA are as good as they thought or something....?? Would like to know what happened.

Thanks.

Roope
17th Jan 2012, 14:58
It happened sometime in the middle of December, around the 10th, I believe. I figured that because I've finished my MCC/JOC on the 14th Dec and was unable to access OAA's Ryanair page. CAE worked fine tho. About 2 weeks later, OAA was suddenly working again, so I've registered to that one as well, who knows.

Speaking of which, I'm really curious, is there anyone that registered after 14th Dec that was contacted by Ryanair since that?

20pilot
17th Jan 2012, 15:49
roope,

If you applied on the 14th, you might be in for a wait, i appllied near the end of Nov and still nothing....apparently there is quite a huge backlog due to CAE being off over Christmas.

Kernow 101
18th Jan 2012, 09:57
after the TR for RYAN
Hi folks,

Anyone here that was refused a job after being successful selected at 1st stage and after the completion of the B737 TR...

cheers

From memory (its been a few years), if you don't meet the grade then yes you still get the chop, right unto the line check. The closer you get to the line check the less likely this will happen. During my base check there was a guy who was having a second go at it, he did another 7 touch & go's and still could not keep up with the a/c and so was let go.

During line training there is capacity to go upto 100 or maybe 120 sectors before you are likely to be let go. If it gets to that stage, then this is probably not the right job for you. the line trainers are VERY supportive and helpful. So I would not worry. Your initial TR LPC is as difficult as it gets, after that its all fun :ok:

Until you are on the line for a year or more and realise how truly shafted you are here................

The MOST important thing you could do, and best advice I could give, is insist on a Ryanair contract and join BALPA or IALPA.

Eirjet
19th Jan 2012, 16:38
Anybody heard from CAE regarding being called for an interview?It seems very quite at the moment.

noox89
19th Jan 2012, 16:52
I did receive quite a few emails and will be speaking with CAE on monday. Just keep waiting

20pilot
19th Jan 2012, 17:03
noox89,

When did you apply?

I agree, it does seem very quiet at the moment, lets hope they start up again soon! Anybody heard anything, why its so quiet?

WX Man
19th Jan 2012, 18:04
What's the typical profile of guys who get called by CAE?

200 hours? 2000 hours?

My theory is that those with recommendations from their flying school and 200 hours are given preferential position in the queue for assessments. I just want confirmation or denial of this.

_Stein_
19th Jan 2012, 22:37
Hi folks,

Does anybody here know if Ryanair has been offering new recruits any other contracts than buying the whole type rating on their own?

I heard that they were offering 10.000euros out and a 3 year contract?

Any thoughts on this?

noox89
19th Jan 2012, 22:57
I have 920 hours 500 hours as instructor, 22 from Prague. Module course graduated in 2009, MCC 2011 in CZE. Applied through CAE:)

B737Dude
21st Jan 2012, 16:53
Is everyone at CAE still alive? It seems they've gone all dead :rolleyes: Has anyone been lately called up for an interview?

20pilot
22nd Jan 2012, 00:11
It seems as if they have frozen the applications to maybe clear a backlog of people? anyone know of any truth to this? Hopefully they will start looking at applications again soon!! If anyone knows anything, it would be much appreciated:ok:

Thanks

go around flaps15
22nd Jan 2012, 10:39
I can not see a freeze in recutiment of co pilots for Ryanair any time soon. It shall be getting busy again very very soon, and a lot of guys have worked their notice and are leaving for the Middle East.

From my base alone 4 have left in the past couple of months. Others are sitting in various holding pools waiting for the call.

nezzer
23rd Jan 2012, 13:16
Hi all,

Regarding Cae I Applied 1st January 2012 and I have assessment this Thursday 26th January been very quick for me. I will also say I am over 30 yrs old have 1100hrs from instructing.

Will post an update after Thursday.

BHD2BFS
23rd Jan 2012, 13:25
Nezzer,

how long after your application to CAE did they get back in touch with you?

thanks

parker123
23rd Jan 2012, 15:51
Does the CAE application only consist of filling in the pilot profile and then clicking that your interested in the Ryanair application, or is there a further application form to fill in after this?

noox89
23rd Jan 2012, 17:30
Hi to you all, I was offered 9th of February today. And just to calm everyone down, they do NOT require you to have all ATPL first passes!!!! I had to retake one and the lady said that it was no problem...

nibbio1983
23rd Jan 2012, 23:06
Hi everyone!
I'll shortly post my "story" for you guys. I applied thorough both oaa and cae on the 7th of September 2011 and got invited by oaa in mid december for the 11th of january 2012. It was just 5 of us and after the briefing with the assessor, I went thorough the interview with the typical Questions you can find in this thread ( why RYR, which contribution can you give to RYR, what's your plan if you lose your medical, tell me about the fma, tell me about the elec system of the seneca and a few others ).
Than we've been given the plates for the SIM (Liverpool) and my partner and I had the same session: SID with clearance to 4000ft, some aerial work, QDR and QDM and than a suspected bomb on board. We did the ndb approach, did not received clearance to land, so GA and than the assessor frozed the SIM and put us back on final in vmc and that was it.
Very relaxed atmosphere and very nice people!
Good luck to everyone!!

JLMF
24th Jan 2012, 09:43
Whats the best anwers to thos typical questions? Could you post what dis you say?

Lele.ciccio
25th Jan 2012, 13:51
Anyone knows if Ryanair take in consideration also a 32 years old pilot with 280 hr or is better for me a cheap MCC? :)

Aeroshizzle
25th Jan 2012, 13:59
hey guys

went through the ryanair assessment on the 18th Jan, really relaxed process, the guys over there are great at calming your nerves!

just wondering, how long roughly does ryanair take to come back to you with a yes/no ? its been a week now :S

cheers

englishman
25th Jan 2012, 14:27
There's a good chance you have been accepted - they usually send a 'no' in cca 3 days and a 'yes' in about 7-10 days.

pilotnik
25th Jan 2012, 20:36
I would like to understand something about sim part of the assessment. Are there any checklists available before the session that one can learn from and then use during simulation? Or is it just that everyone already know by heart how to act againt any emergency like apu fire etc.? After reading this thread I understand that applicants are expected to know the drill and I always thought it is Type Rating itself where you learn such things. I am not being ironic, don't get me wrong. I would just like to know what to expect. After my MCC (turboprop) I am familiar with basic callouts and behaviour but I doubt it will be of any use on different kind of aircraft. I can hardly imagine how someone who hasn't spent some hours on 737 sim can swiftly run through engine fire drill from memory not to mention finding where are the switches. Is it really that way? How did you guys who haven't touched 737 manage to get through all this?

zondaracer
25th Jan 2012, 21:44
Pilotnik,

A friend of mine did his MCC on a turboprop and he went to the Ryanair assessment without ever seeing a 737 sim, not even on Microsoft flight simulator, and he said he felt completely lost inside the sim.

He also said that most of the guys at the interview had done Oxford's MCC which trains using Ryanair SOPs. Other guys I know who have gone to Ryanair who did not do Oxford's MCC have rented a 737 sim with an instructor for a couple hours before going to the assessment.

pilotnik
25th Jan 2012, 22:54
Do you know where have they rented this extra 737 hours? Was it at CAE or Oxford? I can't really get any info from their websites apart from mcc courses and I don't want to pay another 7.000 euro for those :ugh:

pudoc
25th Jan 2012, 23:13
The way I see it is that if they wanted you to be able to fly a 737 they'd ask for a TR or an MCC via OAA on the RYR program (and knowing RYR it wouldn't surprise me if they did require that, but they don't). The sim check, in my eyes, is a way to see your general flying ability, team work and to get involved by asking questions. They don't want to see a withdrawn character who just sits there a nods.

IMO, if they know you've flown a 737 under their SOPs, there is more for them to test you on, they could ask you questions on the 737 which might just catch you out. Oppose that to somebody who done their MCC on a Citation or a TP, there's a less chance to mess up under the enormous pressure you'll be under on the day.

I wouldn't pay 7000 for an MCC or some 737 experience. If you're a worthy pilot, they'll detect it. It' their job. My opinion, no experience in this field.

zondaracer
26th Jan 2012, 07:23
Do you know where have they rented this extra 737 hours?

It was in a fixed base simulator in Spain, not OAA nor CAE. There are two in Barcelona and there are some other 737 sims in Spain for hire. PM me if interested.

nibbio1983
26th Jan 2012, 10:30
JLMF
There's not just a single way to answer these questions... What I know is that a clear and SHORT answer is actually the best option! Give'em the possibility to ask you questions! Remember that also the tech questions are aimed to see and understand your personality! It's mainly about that during the interview!

Pilotnik
During the SIM session you're not expected to know any check list or procedure of the 737, even if you flew it at your mcc. They want to see your crm skills! Practically it means that during the flight you'll JUST CALL the appropriate check list (for example after flap retraction you'll call: after take off check list) and the assessor behind you will shout: COMPLETE! And that's it!
In case of an engine failure you'll just have to do the memory items that you learned during your mcc, regardless if you either flew a turbo prop or a 737! They won't ask you anything more than what you already know!
Anyway if you never flew anything colse to a 737, I suggest that you take a couple of hrs on a fixed base 737 SIM, just to feel a bit comfortable when you'll be there! There's one very good near gatwick apt if you are interested!

Good luck to everyone!!

pilotnik
26th Jan 2012, 11:23
I appreciate your help guys! I must say I am a little bit relieved. Spain happens to be too far for me, though London seems OK.

nibbio1983 I'll send you PM regarding the sim.

Thanks!

vikt
26th Jan 2012, 13:44
Hi everyone
i have just two quick questions for you guys ..the 26th of Dec i apply to ryr thru CAE and OAA but until now nothing and i ' m getting little bit discouraged especially because i see guys been called after 2/3 days and already been invited for the interview...did you guys on the cae web side apllied just for ryr or also for other companies like lionair or airindigo ?is it possible that all the times that you go to your profile and you upgrade something you can change the order that cae have you in the database and so figure like you just applied ?thankss

Eirjet
26th Jan 2012, 14:26
@vikt waiting a month is not a long time.

Many people before have waited various time lengths before a call for a interview. And yes I have applied for the Indigo and Lion air schemes but have heard nothing from them.

Be patient and don't get too disheartened.

Regards

nibbio1983
26th Jan 2012, 14:56
vikt
Don't be to stressed! I've waited nearly 4months and I've been invited by OAA. During my assessment day there was a guy who has been invited just the DAY BEFORE!! Than the day after, while I was returning home, I received an email from CAE, asking for my CV and it was a month that I wasn't updating my application... So I woud say that it's just a matter of....I don't even know what! Just be patient!:ok:

Good luck!!

WX Man
27th Jan 2012, 06:59
"only suitable candidates will be contacted for assessment".

So how the hell do I know if I'm a suitable candidate? Application submitted (to CAE) 4 months ago, I don't know whether it's been dropped or is still pending.

Would be nice to know, really.

likair
27th Jan 2012, 07:56
Hello there,

For those who have attended the interview, do you have to have 100 PIC time in your flying experience to be called for an interview?
I know that on the website there is stated that for Modular cadets it is a prerequisite to have this.
I quote, "JAR approved flying schools offer either an integrated course or a modular course. Cadets who have conducted a modular course need to have a minimum of 100 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) and a total time of around 200 hours. "

What about Integrated Cadets?

Pakla
27th Jan 2012, 14:23
HI guys, who knows about that famous email from OAA "your cv has been sent to ryanair..." i received it on 15th december but nothing heard yet. Anyone know if Ryan is taking in consideration whom received that email?! Who is still waiting for?

Aston777
27th Jan 2012, 19:40
I received that famous email the 15th December too, it seems that despite Ryanair is recruiting a lot this year we must be patient ! But I applied via CAE at the beginning of december and they did not requested me to send my CV yet.

xvador
28th Jan 2012, 10:26
Hey I've been called up also for the assessment on FEB 9th!
Did they send you the assessment pack already? Because I still haven't recieved anything!

noox89
28th Jan 2012, 10:29
Hi I am invited as well, they will send it on 2nd of feb or later. Send me a PM

likair
30th Jan 2012, 21:40
Thanks for the info Built4Speed....

Much appreciated ....

noox89
30th Jan 2012, 22:07
Just curious, what is average pass percentage at interviews?
Thanks for reply:)

Skynrd
31st Jan 2012, 14:28
Ok, now is my time to share knowledge about the interview...
HR questions:
- Why ryr
- did you apply for other companies?
- Why have you done Your mcc in Berlin
- how did you pay Your training
- if the capt during an approach refuses to help you, how would you react?
Technical questions :
PA 2000ft, temp +30C , density altitude?
Leg 80nm, speed 138 knots, time?
Why pa28 has dihedral and c172 don't?
What is stall , and at which angle of attack a C172 stalls
Flight mode annunciator
About RYR :
How many planes
How many bases
Seats number
Cabin crew

(about the math's stuff, they wanted me to be precise)

Feel free to pm if you want more details!!!
The best of luck Guys.

snak
31st Jan 2012, 15:28
Just curious, what is average pass percentage at interviews?
Thanks for replyhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

The average pass rate is 50%

noox89
31st Jan 2012, 15:42
Thank you:)

B737Dude
31st Jan 2012, 17:54
Maths questions? really?

MyDreamIsToFly
31st Jan 2012, 19:51
Are you sure about this?

@Skynrd: what about the simulator part?
And, have you been hired?

Skynrd
31st Jan 2012, 21:01
About the SIM...the airport was Leeds, climb rwy hdg to 4000ft after 3 dme turn right to a certain hdg. Some aerial work, like turns and speed increases...then an emergency - fire in the galley- , but since i was overheading the ndb he told me to perform the whole bloody procedure:}...my advise is to ask every time for an ils approach..if you are lucky he can vector you to a long final, as he did with my partner. By the way, since i was not clear to land i performed a go-around. After the call "go around flaps15" he froze the SIM and he put me back in a final for visual. He also wanted us at a certain point to indicate in the chart where we were...so pay attention to Your adf and dme.

Ceiling was at 800ft , and he also put some light turbulence:mad:

The whole thing lasted 25 min more or less.

boleslav
1st Feb 2012, 08:00
Hi guys,

do you think RYR will consider a guy with 350h TT (including 80 on corporate turboprops) as a cadet? Do they look at theoretical ATPL results? My avarage is 84% but with 3 re-writes. And one more thing: do you think that MCC CAE is worth 6500EUR (I mean does it really help in getting a job in RYR?)

Cheers

captain frankline
1st Feb 2012, 08:07
all the:ok: best friend during your interview

snak
1st Feb 2012, 12:30
Quote:
Are you sure about this?
Yes is what they said during the assessment, and the results of that day....

Wezzel
1st Feb 2012, 12:38
hi..

I have a question about the CAE Ryanair assesment..

I finished my integrated ATPL in March 2011 and I have applied right away.. applied again a couple of times after that... but didn't get any reply from CAE..

In the mean while I read Ryanair is hiring like crazy..

Am I doing anything wrong?

highflied
1st Feb 2012, 16:56
Same as,ive been applying since october 2011 through both cae and oaa,got that email from oaa in december stating that my application had been sent to ryanair for review,heard nothin since:ugh:.its painfull waiting!not a whole load of other options out there:uhoh:

sky85
2nd Feb 2012, 08:28
The same I did and I had no reply

A friend of mine girl aged 28 same course had no reply .

What about girls applying in Ryanair ?

valantisaero
2nd Feb 2012, 15:42
Some here.Still no reply from FR either OAA.

valantisaero
2nd Feb 2012, 15:43
Some here.Still no reply from FR or OAA.:cool:

MyDreamIsToFly
4th Feb 2012, 06:04
Guys what about the SIM, is it a NG or 3/400?

noox89
5th Feb 2012, 14:02
It is an NG but the instrument panel is displayed as a CL. So that even someone who has never seen speed tapes is able to fly it:)

PLD
5th Feb 2012, 22:39
hello ya all,
any body got called lately?
the rumor is that they are going to hire 500 pilots this year starting this week...
its been a wile since the last person i have hard of received a phone call.
any ways, if you have any relevant info... post it!!
p.s what with the age limit? over 30? 33?

noox89
6th Feb 2012, 09:28
Hi PLD,

I do not know the exact hiring number, but what you can learn from their pages is that they are going to hire 1000 new people for 2012 in general. There are two assessment days I know about (9.2. and 16.2.2012). I will attend the first one so wish me luck!!! Got the call three weeks ago.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me a PM:)

Speedbird000
6th Feb 2012, 16:56
Applied through CAE on 29th December and got a call last week, so I shall be attending on the 16th Feb. Very excited. A number of fellow Oxford colleagues have been receiving phone calls within the past 3 weeks having had the assessment.

BounceBounceLand
8th Feb 2012, 14:27
Still waiting, applied on 17th October 2011. Is 28 considered too old??!! lol :ugh:

PIOSEE
8th Feb 2012, 17:57
Applied in July 2011... Non the wiser since! Are any Irish guys getting a call lately? :mad:

-c206-
8th Feb 2012, 19:23
Hi guys.

One quick Q: Are you adding anything in the additional info site when applying through CAE(cover letter)?

Thanks

Acepilot56
9th Feb 2012, 16:04
Could anyone shed some light on what questions are asked over the phone when CAE call you?

Is it like a telephone interview? or is it more of just general questions?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

highflied
9th Feb 2012, 19:37
Im Irish an ive heard zero,know a good few other irish lads that have applied and they have also heard nothin,tis all very depressin!even a no thank you would be nice!!my stupid multi engine and ir are about to run out,anyone know of the cheapest place to renew?more money:mad:

BHD2BFS
9th Feb 2012, 21:20
I'm Irish and I have heard from CAE, I dont think location makes any difference

FREDAI
9th Feb 2012, 21:34
BHD2BFS, Can u shed some light on when u applied? Was it through CAE? Do u have an interview date? As far as I know, no Irish have been called for interview since last Summer. Thanks for the answers!