PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

juniour jetset
26th Nov 2014, 15:42
maybe they are so worried ex-staff had such a shocking time whilst working for them and then they become very motivated to go through the time, effort and large cost of pilot training to get into a Ryaniar cockpit for sabotage/terrorist motives?

fungi
27th Nov 2014, 13:49
Hi folks,
Anyone having assesment 10th of December? PM me Please :>

BDW, maybe stupid question, but personally, never used FFS: 737 nor 320, only ATR ;) Should I have any training on that SIM? Do you use Autopilot, or "on hands" all the time? Any Tips and Tricks for old wannabe like me (36!)?
Regards and,
Good luck.

umuliuzz
27th Nov 2014, 14:58
Hi!

Anyone attending the assessment in Dublin on the 9th of december?

English CB
29th Nov 2014, 11:11
Hello!

Anybody going to Dublin on Thursday 4/12?

Cloudsurfer2305
29th Nov 2014, 11:28
Anyone at the CAE 1416 TR course?

pudoc
29th Nov 2014, 14:51
Ryanair do hire from within. But minimum 5 years in the company.

oldkarim
29th Nov 2014, 14:55
and what about if you have worked for them just for 1 year and a half and then resigned to complete the training?:E

ub313
29th Nov 2014, 16:45
Hi !

I'll be at the assessment session in Dublin on the 9th of December too. I'll arrive at the Metro Hotel Dublin Airport on monday the 8th.

Mr Boombastick
29th Nov 2014, 19:01
"If you worked for them they will not hire you .. sorry"
:mad:
I know of cabin crew who have now got jobs flying for Ryanair

raffo94
29th Nov 2014, 20:12
In my opinion it's :mad: as well!! Of course if you were a bad cabin crew and got a lot of no show/late , they know and they will not gonna give you a 2nd chance!

anderse
30th Nov 2014, 09:22
We also have a group for FR1417 for 23rd March 2015. Send PM to join

PrivatePilotDA40NG
30th Nov 2014, 17:27
I have been updating my profile for almost a year now. I know I'm not alone but if anyone would have some tips for me on how to increase my chances, would really be appreciated..
I would love to join the company.

290TT, CPL ME IR + FI

Thanks everyone

juniour jetset
1st Dec 2014, 08:50
afetr how many hours of flying one of Ryanair's 737s does a new first officer start earning real money?

FlyingDoc7
1st Dec 2014, 08:54
I want to thank everyone in here for your precious info which seems to be accurate as well. I have a few friends who went through the whole process of the RYR cadet program and have all earned the right seat in the cockpit. As i am about to make my move finally after a long wait to actually make my dream come true i would like to share some thoughts with you too. I am 28 Medical Doctor in the profession and a PPL holder. I am currently in the process of ATPL and flight Training and then considering of going for the RYR cadet program afterwards. I read through the forum about a characterization of ''pay to fly donkeys'' which i didnt like at all. Perhaps in the past it was easier to achieve an airline career without spending a lot of money but today these cadet programs look like the only feasible way to make it especially for us in the early 30's who theoretically have less chances against younger candidates. I hope to make it because seriously i cant remember wanting to do anything else in my life except flying planes for a living and the reason it didnt happen is a long and sad story.

all the best to all future flyers in here cordially :ok:

m1cdu
3rd Dec 2014, 13:35
Hi guys!

I had my positive news about 3 weeks ago that I passed the interview, but they had no T/R dates available for the moment.
My questions is if someone has got a date yet?
My interview was on the 5th November.

Eyon
4th Dec 2014, 22:27
Well I wasn't so lucky, I didn't even get it to a phone interview, fell at the first hurdle it seems.

Anyone else had this? What is their time to re-apply?

205hr TT, 115hr PIC, first time passes, MCC and JOC, etc...

Rmy
5th Dec 2014, 08:35
In case some guys didn't see this, we have a CAE1419 TR course Facebook group :)

Let me know if you are in the course so I can add you.:ok:

scaluc
5th Dec 2014, 10:09
Anybody on the course FR1417 in EMA the 23rd march ?

join the group on facebook :
FR1417 - Ryanair Class

See you

Gian2312
6th Dec 2014, 08:16
Hello mates! Anyone at the assessment in Dublin on thursday the 11th?

kazmin
7th Dec 2014, 07:29
Hi guys!

I am supposed to go to the assessment on the 15th Dec. What happens if I send an email that I cannot go? Do I keep the opportunity to go again in the future or I'm done with CAE?

How did you guys (or how will you) find a way to get the 28500EUR to fund you training? That's my biggest concern, I don't have the money right now and I cannot find them and that's why I don't want to go.

Regards

Kalleberg
7th Dec 2014, 07:55
@kazmin
You have approximately 3 months after you recieve positive answer to get the money. It have to be payed 4 weeks betore training starts.

According to CAE most banks are willing to help you when they see your contract.

kazmin
7th Dec 2014, 08:31
@Kalleberg

From the CAE website:

https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/Ryanair.aspx?prog=6

Opportunity to Fly for Ryanair

Successful candidates may be offered an opportunity to fly for a contract pilot agency that supplies a pool of pilots that operate on Ryanair aircraft.

They even say that getting the job is not even certain. How do they sign a contract and what kind of contract would you have before the type rating that would convince a bank you're worth the investment and that you will be able to pay the loan?

fungi
7th Dec 2014, 12:22
Anybody for assesment 10th December? PM me Please.

Kalleberg
7th Dec 2014, 12:35
@kazmin

I have personally not heard about anyone that successfully complete the typerating and linetraining, that have not been offered a job. The may be offered a position is just a precaution they take. If you are not skilled enough to complete Typerating or linetraining they do not want to have any obligations. You will get a training contract with CAE. That is what I brought to the bank...

Just be good enough so they accept you. They need the manpower... :ok:

Cloudsurfer2305
7th Dec 2014, 17:48
I heard that 3 of 6 fail the Type Rating course...hmmm can this really be true?

sn0w8
7th Dec 2014, 20:44
One of the recruiters on the day I was there, said that part of their job was to select candidates who could get through the type rating course successfully.

I remember him specifically saying that 95% of the candidates they select go on to pass the type rating course.

Of cause it is going to be extremely hard work, but nothing focus's the mind like paying 28,500 euros for your training.

If the pass rate really was as low as 50%, we would hear about it on here!

SkyRiderZ
8th Dec 2014, 08:02
Hello guys! Anyone for the Stansted assessment on Thursday 11th?

Kalleberg
8th Dec 2014, 08:19
The first thing the recruiter on the assessment day said to us was: "we are looking for two things today; potensial to pass a TR course, and potensial to become a captain."

So they pick the ones they think can make it. :ok:

seymoreskye
8th Dec 2014, 12:49
Hi folks,

What are FR like recently with CPL/IR first time passes? I had the majorly unfortunate scenario of a CPL fail and surely there must be some guys still getting calls?:{

Feel free to DM me if thats better.

PrivatePilotDA40NG
8th Dec 2014, 17:06
So why is ryanair looking for pilots and I still haven't heard anything from CAE? What is wrong with my profile..?:ugh:

EIPK
8th Dec 2014, 20:05
I applied to ryan air some months ago and heard nothing. They seem to be looking for new guys all the time. Anyone no the average waiting time, I only no of 2 guys who got a call from the school where in trained and its the largest in the country,, hmmmmmm

fungi
8th Dec 2014, 20:26
FYI: I waited 1 year, and they called me. Never reapplied, no more accounts created. Be patient. Wait for your turn it WILL come, than don't screw it up.
GL to all of you.

m1cdu
8th Dec 2014, 21:06
Strange to hear ppl waiting for months, it took me 10 days from applying until they called me.

Delta_Charlie
8th Dec 2014, 22:00
Their way to proceed during the first steps of the recruitment process is totally unfair. People have waited for 1 or 2 years and people 1 week. Why don't proceed with a progressive order? I wish that Santa Claus will give a bit of common sense to the lady that select our applications. Good luck to everyone!

RedBullGaveMeWings
8th Dec 2014, 23:01
Life is unfair. Welcome to the real adult world.

PrivatePilotDA40NG
8th Dec 2014, 23:24
Can anyone confirm that RYR does accept 2 ATPL Theory fails?

Aftrsunset
9th Dec 2014, 07:19
There is indeed a Large difference. I did my training in sweden and all guys get job offers over there. Ryanair wants a big differsity in their people, I know for example that they have a lot of dutch guys and giving preference now to other people from countries they have less pilots from.

Fasthand
9th Dec 2014, 10:13
Hello applicants who has been invited! Did you fulfill the box "Pilot Provisioning job" on the information sheet when applied?

banquiso
10th Dec 2014, 13:50
SkyRiderZ I'm also coming the 11th

Veren
10th Dec 2014, 19:18
I got the call from CAE about three weeks after applying. In the meanwhile I got in touch with a SFO who gave me a very detailed summary of what to expect as a FR cadet. He basically painted me a very grim picture of life as a starting FR pilot and the financial struggles he did not anticipate at the time. I decided FR wasn't for me and I thus withdrew my application, looking for greener pastures.

I truly wish P2F + P4TR without any additional concessions from the airline were a thing of the past. But as long as threads like this exist I hold no hope; Too many youngsters with shiny jet syndrome and either no concept of money or lucky enough that they don't care.

Please consider that 28.5k is not the only thing you fork over when you sign for FR; You will also have a considerable amount of hidden costs, not to mention the opportunity cost of actually earning an honest paycheck in the meanwhile. My own calculations came up with roughly 40k € spent / not earned by the end of the first year. I can't justify that amount of money + hours on a 738 aren't worth THAT much in my opinion.

But apparently a lot of people disagree; I personally know 4 people that passed the assessment in the last 7 or 8 weeks since I completed my MCC course, and they couldn't be happier; I'd almost think they won the lottery.

I truly wish everybody invited to the assessment the best of luck, but talking with the guys waiting to be assessed at simtech and hearing my own friends hype FR, I am not convinced they fully realise what they are getting into.

Veren
11th Dec 2014, 15:35
By all means, if you want to work for FR that badly, go ahead. If you value 738 hours that much you won't find an easier airline to get into at the moment. I suppose they make a pretty penny on all those in-house TR too.

My personal issue with FR is this; you're working for free and losing out on income. You pay for the TR, you pay for various miscellaneous things, and you lose out on income while you're on reduced pay or not paid at all. If you plan on leaving after 18 months, you won't get close to breaking even with someone that for example went the turboprop route. If anything, I just want people to project their income ahead of time and compare the options!

A personal anecdote: A colleague of mine during the MCC course already had a job offer on an ATR, bonded TR, due to start in 3 weeks later, as a regular employee earning an honest salary (36k€ i believe?). Instead, signed the dotted line with FR and is now waiting for the TR. Apparently he values 738 hours an awful lot! After those 18 months you mentioned, He would have had more money in his bank account, a solid amount of TP hours in his logbook and actual IFR handling experience flying in the thick of it. I am not convinced that 738 hours are the only valuable commodity in this industry.

To each his own I guess. But as long as there are alternatives, or if you're clever and got another education besides flying, I don't think people should be so keen on flying for FR!

RedBullGaveMeWings
11th Dec 2014, 20:04
It is a fact that 737 hours are more valuable than ATR hours as recruiters in Europe, ME and Asia require hours on type or on Boeing aircraft to move to bigger aircraft.
Same with Airbus.

There are many TP pilots that write on here that are stuck on turboprop aircraft and wish to move to the big irons.

Veren
11th Dec 2014, 22:21
I am not saying 738 hours aren't valuable. I'm just saying they're not the only valuable currency in the industry.

I also don't think TP pilots are stuck per se in terminal positions. Pilot movement has been stilted for years among all experience levels. I could just as easily point to Virgin Australia Regional and Qantaslink, two TP operators flying feeder routes for Virgin Australia and Qantas respectively. It is pretty common down under to work your way up to jets through TP ops.

I am however urging people to consider the long term effects of their choice. Far too many people have shiny jet syndrome and are spending obscene amounts of money to 'jump start' their career, taking piss poor T&C contracts because they hope to move on to emirates or lufthansa for example. Please consider the pros and cons of contract work, the massive opportunity cost involved with FR's scheme, and pink goggles of 'moving on to the desert in x years'.

By all means, if 738 hours are what you want, you won't find an easier opportunity out there. I am not here to bash on FR; There are other threads for that.

Take my opinion with however much salt you feel it needs. I just want to make at least a couple of young pilots here think this choice through properly. 40k€ is a lot of money, on top of an already substantial investment spent on training.

PS: Final thought about something that is nagging me a bit: You are absolutely entitled to disagree and I welcome an open debate about this job opportunity. But I just have to put my foot down on one thing: You are not signing a training contract; Flying for Ryanair is not training. You are a 100% qualified pilot performing the exact same duties as any other FO for any other airline, and you deserve to be remunerated accordingly. Ryanair is not providing you a great training opportunity, they are providing you with a job. There is a massive difference between the two and you are only doing yourself a big disservice by considering yourself a trainee.

fungi
12th Dec 2014, 10:21
Just returned from assesment. I think, that everybody who even think about TR with FR know what they are doing. All of us, want to choose the best option for ourselves.

Few words about assesment in Dublin.

8 people, first all of us had chat with guy, who was our assesor. Nice relaxed chat, a lot of fun. He told us what we are there for (to have a job ;)) and gave us charts (East Midlands). Than we were paired. We returned to other room, and had some time to discuss charts. In the other room, there is a model of 737 cockpit. So it's good idea, to have a train of every phase of flight in SIM before you go. I had interview first, later SIM.

Interview:

HR questions - no good or bad answers, they want to find out, if you will be good capitan, and if you will be able to pass TR. In my case it was around 10-15 minutes of chat.

Tech:

1) What is that? (he pointed socket in the wall) ;)
2) Segments of flight (why we do calculations, not what segments we have. We do calculations to make sure we are clear of obsticles in case of 1 engine failure)
3) Why we do loadsheet
4) What is a Jetstream
Others had questions about Swept wings, high lift devices etc. Most of those questions was already in this topic.

SIM.
PF & PM role. Assesor let us choose who will be first as PF. My partner have Wallesey 2N dep, but after dep he have vectors (to the north), than towards EME NDB (need to fly QDM 100 to EME), from there approach as per charts. During approach smoke in the cabin (severe). He made G/A (good decision), and than, he was repositioned on ideal long final to rwy 27.
I had dep to 2m DME, than left turn 180 climb 5000, return to EME NDB and the same as my partner. Smoke in a cabin. Emergency and landing on 27. On last stage I had LOC and GS failure but was visual, so continued to approach. SIM is not as every other sim (in my opinion difficult to fly, as when you put more throttle, aircraft pith up, when you remove it pith down) so my path was faaaaar from ideal ;). On short final, I was to the left from LOC, and above GS, but still decided to land (because of the fire).

That's it folks - wish you luck.
Don't know what will be the outcome for me, need to wait 2 weeks.
GL to all of you.

RedBullGaveMeWings
12th Dec 2014, 17:12
I am not saying 738 hours aren't valuable. I'm just saying they're not the only valuable currency in the industry.

I also don't think TP pilots are stuck per se in terminal positions. Pilot movement has been stilted for years among all experience levels. I could just as easily point to Virgin Australia Regional and Qantaslink, two TP operators flying feeder routes for Virgin Australia and Qantas respectively. It is pretty common down under to work your way up to jets through TP ops.

That is in Australia and if you don't have the right to live and work there it is totally irrelevant. It works the same way in Canada and in the US, but Europe is a different and worse world.

And yes, Ryanair is giving an opportunity to current Europe based low hour pilots to get their career started on the most popular airliner alongside the Airbus A320 family. There are not many opportunities in GA in Europe if you didn't know...

If one's goal is to fly long haul one day or just fly a jet instead a turboprop, that person ought to take Ryanair's opportunity. Time on type is all that matters. It is a fact.

Bearcat F8F
13th Dec 2014, 18:55
Hi all,

Someone I know who is currently doing his flight training with CTC is very certain that Ryanair take people out of CTC - directly! Anyone know if there is any truth behind this?

matcv88
14th Dec 2014, 12:11
Hi all,
Just a quick question about the last post regarding the ryr assessment from fungi.
He mentioned a go around during the approach, after having been informed of a severe smoke in the cabin.
If i am stable on the approach what is the point of going around and waste more time before getting the plane on the ground?
Thanks a lot in advance

Aleking55
14th Dec 2014, 13:56
Hey guys, can anyone give me some informations about the telephone call from CAE? What kind of questions do they have and how long does it take? I am really nervous at the moment because I have no idea what I have to expect. Tomorrow should be the date, so i would be really thankful for every fast answer! :ok:

k738
14th Dec 2014, 19:18
The telephone interview is simple. They ask you the same questions as in the mail. Just to confirm I guess.

The are evaluating you're english skills. Simple test; she reads a text to you and asks you 2-3 questions about it.

Thats it. You will get a yes or no immediately.

PrivatePilotDA40NG
14th Dec 2014, 19:37
@k738
I guess they also ask for ATPL results?
Can anyone give me a definite answer on the max amount of theory fails?
Appreciated

k738
14th Dec 2014, 19:45
They ask if you passed all the subjects on first attempt..

PrivatePilotDA40NG
14th Dec 2014, 19:59
Yes but people have been accepted with 1 fail, thats what I know.
Now, I have 2 fails, so if anyone made it out of the call with 2+ fails.. I would like to hear :)

Aleking55
15th Dec 2014, 08:27
Ok, it is as you explained in the last posts... And I was a little bit confused about that question how many tries I needed in the ATPL-theory test and how many subjects I had to do again... the answer was two. I hope that is not such a big problem. :(
How long did you wait for an answer?

speed_alive_rotate
15th Dec 2014, 09:10
@Aleking55, are you from Munster Ireland?? Hope the interview call goes well for you. Regards SAR

Aleking55
15th Dec 2014, 09:24
Nope, Münster in Germany... Thanks I hope so, too. :) But I've still no answer yet.

Aleking55
15th Dec 2014, 13:31
Now I have the answer of CAE. I'm invited to the assessment-day on 7th January 2015. So I think it's ok, when you failed in 2 subjects :}

nickthenava
15th Dec 2014, 14:12
Hello,
I finally received today the confimation that I am booked in for the CAE 1501 TR course taking place at AMS with start date on 6th April 2015.

Would be nice to get soon in touch with future mates maybe opening a Facebook group;)

thebestof10
15th Dec 2014, 14:23
I am booked for the type rating in Amsterdam on 20th April 2015!

People in the same course, please message me and start creating a FB group ;)

:ok:

Stijn89
15th Dec 2014, 14:30
Me as well :)

edit: in CAE1501

nickthenava
15th Dec 2014, 15:15
I have just created a FB group named

CAE1501! See you there

KiloDelta35
15th Dec 2014, 16:36
Someone up for Type Rating Course FR1502, East Midlands, 20/04/2015 ???

VFors
15th Dec 2014, 17:19
Hey Guys!

I just started a FB group called "CTC01 B737", if you have been allocated this TR don't hesitate to join the group!

See you there

Cedarjet80
15th Dec 2014, 20:37
Hello guys,

I applied few weeks ago through CAE webpage.
I was not expecting to be contacted (for several reasons), but today I got an email asking for my CV, and to answer some questions.
I haven't been reading all your posts continuously, I just wanted to know if receiving this email is already is step forward, or many people are contacted to send their CVs and answer the questions with no further feedbacks ?
Cheers!

RedBullGaveMeWings
15th Dec 2014, 22:28
Just out of curiosity, does Ryanair recruit cadets that undertook their flight training in the US and then converted their licence and ratings to EASA? Or do they prefer to recruit cadets that obtained their licence and ratings in Europe?

Veren
15th Dec 2014, 22:43
@RedBullGaveMeWings

I know for a fact they honestly don't care. I personally did my entire training in more civilized parts of the world and only later converted it to EASA. Didn't stop them from inviting me for an assessment.

Just give em your credit card details and you're good! :ok:

RedBullGaveMeWings
16th Dec 2014, 00:53
That's something we agreee on!:D

Veren
16th Dec 2014, 00:58
@RedBullGaveMeWings

You know what, dear sir, that is something I would gladly settle for!

Viviaviator
17th Dec 2014, 09:49
Guys assigned to the course CAE1419, please join the facebook group "CAE 1419 Course - Amsterdam".

lollo220
17th Dec 2014, 12:09
Hi guys,
does anyone knows if it is possible to have a go on the 737 Ryanair simulator in the Stansted training center before the interview?
Do you know also if anyone offers sim check preparation in that sim?
Thanks

Cedarjet80
17th Dec 2014, 16:56
Hello,
Anyone going for the assessment on the 12th of January in Dublin?

rogerg
17th Dec 2014, 17:44
Hi guys,
does anyone knows if it is possible to have a go on the 737 Ryanair simulator in the Stansted training center before the interview?

OAA have a similar one (737 400) at Oxford

OhNoCB
17th Dec 2014, 18:20
Hi guys,
Thanks

Stansted Training Centre is owned by Ryanair and is used by them mostly for crew recurrency as well as assessments. Therefore no, it's not possible.

seven3
17th Dec 2014, 19:00
Are they still interviewing people at Stansted ?
I thought they where done at Simtech !

17th Dec 2014, 23:42
Hello guys, I'm new on forum.
Just want to ask is there any right way to apply through CAE.
I did application on 5 th December at night.
And nothing for now:confused:
Can be a problem of system.
Other people with same background, in same school with me had a email after a couple of days for interview. :(

Am I doing something wrong ?
Should I apply with different email ?
And cancel the other one ?

TT: 221 hours and MCC in Oxford CAE.

Any information is welcome.
Thanks everybody !!!

birdsflyinghigh
18th Dec 2014, 10:45
Anybody on type rating FR1503? PM me!

RedBullGaveMeWings
18th Dec 2014, 13:08
Hello guys, I'm new on forum.
Just want to ask is there any right way to apply through CAE.
I did application on 5 th December at night.
And nothing for now:confused:
Can be a problem of system.
Other people with same background, in same school with me had a email after a couple of days for interview. :(

Am I doing something wrong ?
Should I apply with different email ?
And cancel the other one ?

TT: 221 hours and MCC in Oxford CAE.

Any information is welcome.
Thanks everybody !!!

There are people that have waited for months, some even for a couple of years...

inbejahida
18th Dec 2014, 15:56
Hey @Cedarjet80 i have also been invited for an assessment on the 12th Jan. :8

miszczepan
18th Dec 2014, 16:24
Hi guys, anyone for FR1501 TR (EMA, 6th April 2015)?

Zephyrlane
18th Dec 2014, 18:56
Anyone else attending CTC001 23rd of March? :)

18th Dec 2014, 20:22
Hey @Cedarjet80 i have also been invited for an assessment on the 12th Jan.
Would you please say us if you want ;)
when you did your application through CAE website ? :)
Thanks a lot

ValePilot
19th Dec 2014, 08:09
Hi...just for information, a friend of mine has been called for a second time..just a couple of days ago.:ok:

fastos
19th Dec 2014, 13:07
I've tried many times, via the CAE website, since I finished flight training in 2011. Never got a reply. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I heard that they don't like to hire Dutch pilots lately. Maybe that's why..

ricoB82
19th Dec 2014, 21:01
Hello!
Anyone going for the assessment on the 5th of January in Dublin?

lassem
20th Dec 2014, 12:18
Anyone else up for TR Course in East Midland 4th May 2015? PM :)

Cedarjet80
20th Dec 2014, 20:12
I applied almost one week before

Coalex
21st Dec 2014, 07:27
Hi!
On ppjn it's says that it's only storm contracts that will be on the table. Will they start offering Brookfield soon again?

Thanks.

PaulStafford89
22nd Dec 2014, 11:26
Has anyone who had their assessment on 16th December at Simtech heard back yet?

plikee
23rd Dec 2014, 14:47
Hello guys I had an interview at SimTech in Dublin on the 16th Dec I got today positive answer :ok: no dates for TR yet as they are going through Christmas but they will get back in touch just after the new year.

SimTech simulator is a 737-800 FTD, which means it is not a FFS and it looks similar to the real aircraft. I suggest you if you have a chance, to have a ride on it before or maybe just try to get in there and have a look so you know what you'll expect.

I got there, got the briefing from the sim assessor for any questions and some tips. Very relaxed, jokes and he tried to put everyone in a comfortable position. As he said, they are there to see if you have potential. Once you done with the briefing, you'll get paired up with the person just in front of you and you will be give plates. We had DUB rwy 28 approach only with SID LIFFY 4A. Now I do believe they were not the most updated charts as they were dated 2009.

Me and my partner went first to the SIM, me starting as PM on the left hand seat. You will chose were you want to be and what role you want to do first, just coordinate with your partner. You will also have time to brief the plate and other things with your partner before the SIM, just write down in the plate what you think it is important and speak with your partner call outs and other differences that you may have had during your training.

We did full SID with QDM and QDR intersection, couple of turns, climbs, descents, etc. the the assessor will ask you during the flight what is you position, he will then pause the SIM and the PF only to point at the chart where you are however he will ask the PM is he agrees. Make sure you are pointing in the right plate, I was pointing in the VOR app when we had the ILS app set up in the radios lol good call from my partner when he told me it was the wrong plate o was looking at. We then had smoke in the cabin, requested radar vectors for ILS approach (procedure didn't include any hold). Ceiling OVC008 so we became visual early. G/S and LOC failure 100' above minimums, as we were visual we proceeded for landing. I had the same when I was PF apart from the SID which instead was non-procedure departure.

To be fair I had a hard time to handle the aircraft, very fast very sensitive, small pitch changes will give you large differences in ROC/ROD. Probably you will have clean and config the plane while you are turning and climbing/descending so be prepared. My partner was in the SIM the day before so he handle the aircraft really really well.

5 min to cool down, then interview. My partner went first, I waited around 40 minutes.

HR Questions:

Tell me about yourself
Have got any family in aviation?
What your parents do?
You did your training with X, why did you go there?
Was it state funded?
How much did it cost?
How did you pay for it?
What was the hardest part of your training?
Why do you want to join FR?
What would be the biggest challenge if you join FR?
When did you apply to FR?
What do you dislike about flying? (that one really caught me lol)
Did you ever had any incidents/accidents?
Your MCC, what was that all about?
How would you describe the engineers at your Airport?
Pick 3 bases
Your availability?
MCC aircraft?

Technical questions:

Loading policy regarding bags, cargo and Mail on the FR 737 (I'm a flight dispatcher)
How many holds have you got in the 737 and where are they?
MZFW IN 737?
Why smaller than MTOW and MLW?
Why do we have it?
Vref, what is?
How much it?
Diihedral vs anhedral?
Why do we have it?
Winglets, what are they?
Why they are there?

Assessment done!

My background:

26, Portuguese, integrated course in Portugal, 250 hours, ATPL exams 91% With 1st pass in all, Aviation degree. Worked in retail for 7 years, last 2 as store management, last 9 months as a flight dispatcher.

Now the shocking news for the moaners about age and application waiting time:

We were 8, 3 or 4 were older than me, 27 and 29, another guy I think he was over 30 but not sure. Finished my training in April 2012, applied in May 2012, got called in November 2014. Yes, 2 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS 24 DAYS WAITING so please cut the b:mad:t if you're moaning about 1 month without hearing nothing. And yes, this was also my first interview ever so just prepare yourselves! One guys finished 4 years ago but I don't know when he did apply.

All went very fast, it just took 29 days from email from CAE asking the CV until get an answer if successful or not. However they told us to not expect anything before Christmas. Next available dates are from May 2015 onwards.

I wish good luck for everyone and please be patient, I know is hard because I went through that as well but you have to keep trying and do not demotivate. Get a job in airline operations or ground handling operations, that will give you an huge knowledge about many things and you will make good contacts and friends. If you work hard, people will help you when you need. Just be yourself in the interview, don't try to be the smart ass, they will get you :=

Cheers

Piloto Maluco
24th Dec 2014, 15:47
Thanks a lot for your great feedback plikee,
Many of us will be more confident and get more chance to be successful upon the interview with all the details you gave!

All the best for 2015 so!

Ally737
25th Dec 2014, 14:57
Anyone else is going for an interview 8th january 2015 in Dublin?:8

Milysz
27th Dec 2014, 07:47
I also have, on that day( 8th january), an interview :ok:

Alex4paj
28th Dec 2014, 11:16
Type Rating FR1503 April 27th in East Midlands? I've created a facebook group for us.
It's called "Type Rating FR1503 April 27th". Also doing that TR, join the group!

Icepilot2504
28th Dec 2014, 19:59
Anyone for going to the assessment on the 13th of jan in Dublin. PM me :)

matcv88
29th Dec 2014, 09:43
who is going on the 6th to Dublin?

ValePilot
30th Dec 2014, 08:30
I've applied again..still waiting. A friend of mine failed assessment 2 years ago, and now he has been called again. Random...

k738
30th Dec 2014, 11:04
I guess this has been asked before, but here we go again;

Which of the locations offered for the TR is the best choice, if any? There are 3 of them, right?

I got positive feedback the 23rd :) Looking at May as first available I was told.

plikee
30th Dec 2014, 13:18
It is stated in the CAE website it will be in EMA or AMS. However I think I red somewhere people having it in Stockholm.

Regarding 2nd time applying, I had a friend that went there twice so you may be lucky enough to get a second chance, although the selection for the assessment is very random

quecarlosnoe
1st Jan 2015, 20:06
Who is going on the 5th to Simtech in Dublin for the interview????

Aleking55
2nd Jan 2015, 12:40
Could anyone give me some examples, what kind of personal written references I have bring them to the assesment? :ugh:

In Germany it's really unusual that you have to bring this kind of reference to a job-interview. I have two persons who will write me a reference, but they don't know what and how. Now I'm a little bit unsure... :confused: I would be very thankful, if someone could send me an example.

Jean-Francois
2nd Jan 2015, 18:49
It does not need to be a long recommendation letter!
Just write few sentences about yourself... Like someone reliable, not afraid of hard work, bla bla bla... And make your friend sign!
It is just a reference letter from someone who knows you... They can just write sentences in order to describe the person you are.

When are you going to the assessment? 15/01 maybe?

Aleking55
4th Jan 2015, 16:20
Haha, ok... :D But now my roomate an a colleague of mine did it for me and they were real nice (didn't expect that! :P). I have my assessment on the 7th in Dublin.

6th Jan 2015, 02:40
I have been applying for 2,5 years already and have never recieved an email. How is it possible that some get it and other dont? Am i on some kind of black list? all my classmates received an invite and either passed or failed the assesment but i didnt even get the chance to fail it...:-(
anyone knows anything?

Have the same bloody problem buddy, don't know what's going on.:ugh:
I was even thinking to apply with another email or account and cancel the previous one.
I don't know.. Like in the morning so I don't know, can be the system gives priority to new applicants.
It might look like a bull***t but at anyway is better to try.

Good luck mate hope we get in soon. :)

Tango Romeo A320
6th Jan 2015, 13:24
Patience is still the key word here!
There is no clue about how the selection is done at the CAE stage...

I applied first time in April 2013 even if my account was created few months earlier. I have waited like everyone... and nothing! I have read all the pages of this forum related to RYR (assessment and also T/C)... Everyone is in the same boat... (it takes about few months if you collect info and prepare a nice document for the assessment)

And just before X-mas I was finally contacted by them to be go there this month!

I have no advice because I can't really understand how the things work but I can only say one thing... Never let it go because it happens a time you do not expect it... Again patience and be ready! Prepare yourself as you will get the interview tomorrow!

Tango Romeo A320
6th Jan 2015, 14:50
I had 3 accounts before creating a last one... so 4 in total
It is with the last one that I have been called... so technically I have maybe waited a month...
I was contacted by CAE but none of my accounts are on the data base anymore... I suspended all 4 accounts... So I even do not know when my profile has been selected... The last account has been created with an email which does not include my name or surname...
The last part where you can write something... leave it blank because it is not important (like they have time to read that!)

Tango Romeo A320
6th Jan 2015, 15:53
Graduated CPL IR ME + MCC in April 2013.

CaptainPerez
6th Jan 2015, 16:12
Hi, anyone for the assesment on the 20th of January?

I think it would be great to meet on the same hotel the day before to brief the sim!

plume34
6th Jan 2015, 18:01
Hello guys,

I will be assessed on the 22nd of January in Stansted.
Anybody else out there who got invited?

Looking forward to meet applicants.

inbejahida
6th Jan 2015, 21:43
Hay any one going to stay at the Radisson Blue Hotel at Dublin airport from the 11Jan-13Jan? If so lett me know.

I will be there for the Pilot Assessment on the 12Jan. Any one else goint to be there for that? :ok:

6th Jan 2015, 21:52
Just to know a question for everybody.
Is there anyone going for cadet position in the following days ?
Who is going as FO non type rated ?

Thanks

7th Jan 2015, 14:28
anybody received an e-mail answer from CAE in the previous 4/5 days ?

k738
7th Jan 2015, 16:02
I havent heard anything. Was told that they were to contact me after the 5th about the TR date.

Got positive answer before christmas.

Kamikazeair
7th Jan 2015, 16:42
Anyone being ask for an telephone interview this week and still not called ?

7th Jan 2015, 22:53
Who did more than one account in CAE website ?
And how many you did ?

Kamikazeair
7th Jan 2015, 23:22
Another question someone passed the assessment even failed IFR/CPL partially ?
IF yes, was it a big deal while being interviewed ?
i have read in the thread people passed with a written atpl subject fail but none with a practical fail

Tango Romeo A320
8th Jan 2015, 18:59
Someone in Dublin from 12/1 to 16/1? We can meet at Metro hotel.

Cedarjet80
8th Jan 2015, 19:10
Hello guys
Any feedback from the last assessments?

sam92
8th Jan 2015, 20:27
Anyone in Dublin for the assessment on 21st?

Oliair
10th Jan 2015, 19:40
Anybody got assessment in dublin on the 22nd jan?

lassem
11th Jan 2015, 12:55
To everybody asking about skilltest/checkride failures and second time atpl passes.

I know people flying for Ryanair that has failed atpl exams, and I know people that has failed skilltest/checkride for CPL. So you do not have to have a first time pass on everything!

I see a lot of people asking about this.

I have no idea how they select for assessement, but a failure is not going to disqualify you!

Has anyone heard anything from Ryanair this year? I got positive answer after assessement before Christmas, and I am waiting for an email about TR-course details, which they said they would send after 5th Jan.

ucg
11th Jan 2015, 13:56
I am also waiting for a Ryanair email. I got positive answer before Christmas too and I have the TR start date for April 27th, FR1503. They told me they would send me an email with further instructions after January 5th. I haven't received anything yet, so it seems to be normal

plikee
11th Jan 2015, 19:23
From CAE Website:

PLEASE NOTE: If you have already applied via our CAE website but have not yet been contacted by CAE or Ryanair, please continue to update your ONE EXISTING profile/account each month. It is important that you do not create multiple profiles or applications on our website for this program.

(Hint hint). Don't get annoyed after if you never get a call after any multiple accounts you've created. Like I said and everyone said, it's a lottery. People from CAE/Oxford will probably get a call quicker than other people, apart from that, you apply and wait. Be grateful if you have a chance and just don't ruin it :ok:

I had positive answer before Xmas too, no TR dates or any other info yet. In my email they said they would get back to me in the New Year without specifying any date. All the guys that did the assessment with me and passed are in the same situation.

plikee
11th Jan 2015, 20:08
@TheViking1 is not easy talking if you read my previous posts, which you probably didn't because your first post in this thread is dated from the 5th of this month. Spend some time reading others people feedback a few pages down, maybe you'll stop question yourself and you'll see you are in the same position as everyone.

I waited nearly 3 years before getting invited. Guess who many accounts I created ....

What I'm trying to say is that you need to be patient. I know it sucks as I went thought all of that too but that's all you've got, in the mean time, save money, do some hours, keep current and, if you can, get a job inside one airline operations (don't go CC please), it will help A LOT :ok:

There was a guy in my assessment that graduated more than 4 years ago

dec1
12th Jan 2015, 22:42
I hear CTC have made a deal with ryanair today

Whiskey Hotel
12th Jan 2015, 22:45
Deal about what?

EC DKN
12th Jan 2015, 23:03
Ctc and Ryanair? Explain it please!

speed_alive_rotate
13th Jan 2015, 08:19
I would find that hard to believe. Ryanair hire pilots from a wide range of schools around Europe and a big diversity of different nationals, although some seem to be less favoured! Id be fascinated to know your source, considering one of CTCs biggest competitors in the UK being Oxford CAE!!!!!

Tango Romeo A320
13th Jan 2015, 09:42
If someone is staying at metro hotel for an assessment this week... We could eventually meet tonight (pm)
Good luck guys

plikee
13th Jan 2015, 09:57
Sometimes people don't explain themselves properly and that generates what we call rumours.

FR did not secure any partnership with CTC, they are only using their facilities for new TR in SOU as they are overloaded in AMS and EMA

goosemaverick
13th Jan 2015, 10:43
Errr, I think your rumours that it is TRTO only are wrong old chap. A letter went out this week to CTC cadets and ATP requesting expressions of interest. It is on.

mic29
13th Jan 2015, 12:35
I got the call yesterday, and I have the assessment on the 26th of January in Dublin, anyone going that day too?

OhNoCB
13th Jan 2015, 12:47
I suppose it wouldn't really be unrealistic.

Ryanair need more sim capacity, CTC can provide it, as part of the deal CTC want their cadets (or whatever they are called) given a small priority for assessment etc.

Not really any different to how they work with CAE at the minute, although the only sticking point may be that CAE manage the applications don't they? So maybe CTC will end up doing some of that as well, or CAE will accept it but with CTC cadets taking a close second to CAE ones.

Guesswork.

plikee
13th Jan 2015, 13:47
Sorry then, I genuinely though it was only for TR purposes only. Still find it hard to believe that they actually made a deal with CTC. Why having contracts with flight schools when there are so many good graduates from others apart from CAE/OAA/CTC?

EC DKN
13th Jan 2015, 14:02
Ryanair is up to have more than 400 B737, which means they will need a lot of pilots and these pilots will come frome differents backgrounds, otherwise they will have a big problem to meet their needs.

OhNoCB
13th Jan 2015, 18:23
I wasn't suggesting that they would only take CTC/CAE guys and girls, just that they might (all speculation on my part) rush their applications through compared to the others.

Jimbo12
13th Jan 2015, 21:54
Hello Mic29, I was also called yesterday to have the assessment on 26th.

dec1
13th Jan 2015, 22:43
CTC emailed my friend, a student with them. The deal means they will be taking from CTCs holdpool same as easy etc. From what i understand they have to pay £300 for the selection and self fund the type but they are automatically called for selection once in the hold pool if they choose to apply to ryanair.

colemanwings23
14th Jan 2015, 12:37
Hi guys, my course was expected to start on the 16th of march, but I received a call today asking me to go the 19th of this month, for the LGW1403 course, is anybody here who is going for the 1403?

Please PM! or add me to the fb group if there is any please!

Pittslover
14th Jan 2015, 14:59
How long did you guys wait for the first email?

Japs71
14th Jan 2015, 16:25
Hello mic29
I am Jorge, I see that they called you yesterday and my question is
When did you Apply?

Sorry jimbo12 I made a mistake but is the some question to both guys

matcv88
14th Jan 2015, 16:58
Hi guys,
is anyone on the Type Rating FR1505 in EMA on the 18th of May?

plikee
14th Jan 2015, 19:17
Anyone in the CAE1504 course, please join the Facebook group CAE1504 Ryanair Type Rating so that everyone can meet each other before start and arrange accommodation better.

For everyone who was called for the assessment, good luck! Study as hard as you can and talk A LOT with your SIM partner before you get into it. :ok: if not sure where to start, Ace the Technical Pilot Interview book is really, helpful. Make sure you've got the 2nd edition as the 1st other has errors.

Japs71
14th Jan 2015, 19:27
Hi cedarjet
I am new on this site i am from Barcelona, Could you tell me when you applied and when they called you

Cedarjet80
15th Jan 2015, 09:06
Hello there,
I previously said that it took almost one week, but I was mistaken , It actually took 3.
Hard luck for all!

Japs71
15th Jan 2015, 09:57
Hi boeing747
If you got email yesterday please tell me
When did you apply?
How long did it take them to send first email ?

Alex_Mach
15th Jan 2015, 10:31
Same here got emailed from CAE 2 days ago for CV and a couple of questions. Any feedback on the time it takes for the phone interview and what to expect would be appreciated :}

Bohi111
15th Jan 2015, 11:33
TR CAE1503 PM me :) (4th may)

I was waiting for first email MORE THAN 1 YEAR after the application through website. My classmates are also waiting more than one year and I know plenty of people who wait 1y+. Patience is the key and also keeping your skills current.

speed_alive_rotate
15th Jan 2015, 14:39
@plikee thanks for the advice and congratulations on passing the interview. Would people who have just passed agree that "ace the pilot tech interview" book would be an appropriate tech book to study up with?? Or has anyone other material they could recommend, grateful for all suggestions. For those with interviews coming up the best of luck and please keep us informed as to how you got on. Regards SAR

vccm13
15th Jan 2015, 17:29
Hi everybody,

I just got a call from CAE and I have my assessment for the 28th in Dublin.
PM if you have it the same day.

Can you tell me about the examens, what to study, and if you have any recomendation to practice on a 737 simulator..

Thank you

Cedarjet80
15th Jan 2015, 19:22
The 3 weeks since I applied till I got the email from CAE, next day the CV was sent to Ryanair, one day later I was called and got the interview...

k738
15th Jan 2015, 22:36
@matcv88, Im also going to the FR1505 course.

Anybody else? Facebook group?

Tango Romeo A320
16th Jan 2015, 05:04
Hi guys!
It is now my turn to share with you my experience of the RYR assessment.
First of all I would like to say that you need to keep it cool and just be yourself! Use all the resources in order to succeed and show that you are someone who knows where he/she goes.

First moment at the assessment centre:
Very nice place with all facilities so do not worry they put you in good condition to prepare for the sim and the HR/technical interview. People form Dublin where very helpful.

The simulator:
I would say... Expect the unexpected because it is not a B737... It is a lookalike but at the end you are happy when you finish to deal with it.
Try to practice 2hrs before going for the sim check because it will most probably help you.
You will receive the jeppessen plate in order to brief with your sim partner so enough time to agree on everything.
As a PM your duty is really to help the PF... All the checks and make sure the PF is in the loop. You need to make his/her life easier! Especially that the handling is not so easy for the first 5 minutes (the trim is crap).
Departure clearance from EMA rwy27 wal2n (vor's tracking) but you are taken into vectoring heading for some airwork (turns)
At a certain time your assessor will freeze the sim and ask you where you are... Use all means to show him where you are (in our case dme distance from the ils dme and a radial from the ndb)
After that time to prepare the approach. Set up and time to brief your partner... Then the assessor clears you for the approach. We followed the alternative procedure published on the chart.
Manage your speed reduction because the jet has inertia and you will take time to slow down... Monitor and make sure your speed is under control.
For my team one of us had one approach. Clear condition and stable so no need to go around for fun. For the other one less stable and decision was taken to go around (safe decision). Next approach stable and we could land the A/C.
Time goes really fast but I would say that they did not play any tricks (I guess this not their goals for the day).

HR interview:
Be cool and answer with honesty...
Tell me about you... Use it like you want but keep in mind that the next question is going to be based on what you have said earlier ;-)
Personal and family questions
Academic background?
Professional background?
Maybe the HR seems annoyed or not interested but they are really listening. He/she plays with you... Don't loose your self confidence and show that you are the right person for the job.
Questions related to the cost of your training?
If a job is offered to you how will you manage to pay for the TR?
Have you ever had an accident or incident in aviation?
Choose 3 bases

Technical part:
Formula to calculate the aquaplaning speed (9x square root of tire PSI)
Does your a/c has a critical engine? If yes which one? Engine number one (LH engine) in general when your aircraft has two engines rotating clockwise (seen from inside the plane)
De icing on your a/c
How many seats on the 737? 189seats
How many cabin crew? 1/50 passenger seats. In total 4 cabin crew

Other people got lift formula and why/how a wing creates lift, 4 segments after engine failure, calculate stall speed if the speed in clean config is 220kts, Venturi and carburettor icing, etc

An overall appreciation of the day... That was nice and we all wish to pass! Some of us got a better feeling but I guess they know you are a bit nervous!
Take it easy and it should be ok.

Answer in two weeks and first date for TR course in May.

Study... Study hard and give you the chance to succeed!

PaulStafford89
16th Jan 2015, 07:35
Chaps,

Anyone else booked on CTC03 Type Rating starting 11th May in Southampton?

I've created a FB group "Ryanair Type Rating - CTC03" Please add yourselves in if you're on it.

Looking forward to seeing what it's like at CTC and comparing experiences with the guys in EMA or AMS.

pattni127
16th Jan 2015, 12:48
I had received a call from a lady yesterday (15th of January 2015) regarding my telephone interview, but I was unable to answer due to network problems. She left me a voicemail saying she would ring me later on that day but I have not heard back from her until today.

Please advise if they would ring back or anyway i could ring back??

Thanks.

drsd
16th Jan 2015, 15:56
I sent in my application 5 days ago and still havent heard anything from CAE. Should I be worried that they wont call me to an interview? How long did it take you guys to get an email?

zerotohero
16th Jan 2015, 22:13
5 Days lol

Wait maybe a year then start to worry.

drsd
16th Jan 2015, 23:18
Friends have gotten responses after 1-5 days. Last time I applied I got a response within 4 days.:ugh:

lansen
17th Jan 2015, 05:42
Don't feed the troll :p

k738
17th Jan 2015, 11:51
I created a new facebook group; FR1505 Ryanair Type Rating.

For those who are going to EMA the 18th of May, please join :ok:

Btw, is there anybody here that have the 737 manuals on pdf or something? Would be nice to have a look before going over there!

Cheers

Pittslover
17th Jan 2015, 14:09
Check out SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://www.smartcockpit.com) you can find everything you need there.:ok:

henricho
18th Jan 2015, 13:23
Hi
Anyone on this type rating get in touch

trelogias
18th Jan 2015, 16:02
@PaulStafford89

I'm on CTC03 as well. Couldn't find the group on fb.

k738
18th Jan 2015, 18:52
Thanks! @pittslover

EIPK
18th Jan 2015, 19:27
5 days. Are you crazy. You will be lucky if you ever here from them!!

Yuri Gagarin
18th Jan 2015, 21:52
Only 5 days ? Where are you from? Perhaps they are looking for specific nationality.... 2 weeks and still waiting.

Delta_Charlie
19th Jan 2015, 08:21
Hi everyone!

Did anyone take an MCC refresh at Simtech the day before Ryanair assessment?

I am wondering if you are going to do the refresh with the same instructor/assessor from Ryanair... would not be a good deal!

seven3
19th Jan 2015, 09:54
Hi everyone!

Did anyone take an MCC refresh at Simtech the day before Ryanair assessment?

I am wondering if you are going to do the refresh with the same instructor/assessor from Ryanair... would not be a good deal!

How much did they invoice you for that MCC refresh on the same sim ?

vccm13
19th Jan 2015, 11:08
any one know the best place to stay in Dublin for the assessment??

Delta_Charlie
19th Jan 2015, 11:27
I didn't ask for a quotation yet, but I read few pages behind, that someone bought a couple of hours before the assessment...

Maragnao
19th Jan 2015, 14:52
Anyone called for the interview in Stansted on the 29th of January?

pattni127
19th Jan 2015, 17:02
Hello anyone here suggest few hours on the 738 before the assessment? and which company does anyone recomend?

thanks

Cedarjet80
19th Jan 2015, 17:09
Have u ever heard of a non-EU national being hired?

speed_alive_rotate
19th Jan 2015, 17:15
Of any of the recent successful guys at interview just out of curiosity were there any Irish guys at your assessment?

aleeGdO
19th Jan 2015, 20:45
Hi everyone!
I have benn called today for the assessment in Dublin next week (28 Jan). Is anyone here going there the same day?

fagolo
20th Jan 2015, 04:19
Anyone on CAE1502 20.4? PM me

Cedarjet80
20th Jan 2015, 05:47
My assessment was on the 12th earlier this month.
Liverpool 27, SID, climb, descent, accelerate, decelerate, steep turns, vectors for ILS, Go Around (vehicle on the RWY), Vectors for NDB app. No emergencies.
My partner had almost the same, except for the NDB, he had instead an ILS with failed GS, then failed LOC so he continued visual.
Good luck!

SierraCharlie92
20th Jan 2015, 07:28
Hey guys! Last week 13th I received the email from CAE asking for my CV and some questions. I saw it the 15th because where I was I had no internet, and then I answered immediately. So, I answered the email 2 days later from when it arrived. Is that a problem?
Also, if you could explain me a little bit about the telephone interview. Is it all about expiry dates and all this stuff, isn't it?
Thanks to all and congratulations to the ones that have passed the assessments!

pattni127
20th Jan 2015, 10:46
How about HR and Tech? Thanks

Whiskey Hotel
20th Jan 2015, 12:30
Best of luck in the assessments to everyone lucky enough to be called.

Any irish lads at any of the assessments?

Aleking55
20th Jan 2015, 13:36
Hey people, I've a question about the time after the assessment-day... My day was on 7th January in Dublin (13 days ago) and after that I had a real good feeling, but me and 4 other people of my group still have no answer yet (unfortunately we all are not in contact with the other 3 applicants of that day, because they left earlier) we have no negative or postive feedback. The HR-Man and one of the Captains said that they will contact us during the next ten days after the assessment, but like I've said, NOTHING (not even an email :( )! Now I would like to ask the people here who didn't pass the assessment: Did you ever get a negative email, or call? I know that they won't give you a reason why you didn't pass, but I thought that they will at least send you an email that you know what's going on... :bored:

Thanks for your answers!

Aleking55
20th Jan 2015, 13:49
Haha! Yes, that's true and that's my last hope! :ok:

Aleking55
20th Jan 2015, 14:08
Are you sure? How can you know that???

Aleking55
20th Jan 2015, 14:23
Yes, you're right, that sounds pretty logical... but for example one guy from my flight school had the assessment one day after me but he got his postive phone call direct on the monday. So I'm really confused... But thanks so far and as we say in Germany: Your word in God's ear! :)

20th Jan 2015, 15:04
Guys the problem is CAE for the beginning phase.
And then the Storm Kingley or Brookfield.
Ryanair is the one making less problems.

speed_alive_rotate
20th Jan 2015, 15:06
@22052014; Is Brookfield still involved in new cadet contracts? I thought they had stopped. Are FR not hiring cadets direct into the company now?

plikee
20th Jan 2015, 15:37
How long does it take between the phone call from CAE and the email inviting for assesment?

It depends. Saying that you will,get the assessment just because they called you is a mistake, not many but a couple have been rejected for an assessment after the phone interview. In my case, I had my assessment date confirmed in my phone interview and got told I was going to get the email to confirm what the lady said to me.

How about HR and Tech? Thanks

My assessment day (http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged-post8794789.html#post8794789), may give you an idea.

Did you ever get a negative email, or call? I know that they won't give you a reason why you didn't pass, but I thought that they will at least send you an email that you know what's going on...

You'll get one, don't worry :ok:

PRoblem solved, late answers are usually positive!
Due to the fact that they have to check a date for TR etc

True and false. Usually yes, the longer the better but not always, I was told to expect an answer after Xmas (3 weeks after assessment) and I had it just one week after, positive. Other people had it after, and negative.

About then TR date, they will arrange you that after telling you've passed only.

Guys the problem is CAE for the begging phase.
And then the Storm Kingkey or Brookfield.
Ryanair is the one making less problems.

I wouldn't say it is someone's fault, I would say they are really busy with recruitment. Remember, on top of cadet recruitment they have DEC and FO recruitment, which they are desperate as well because many people have left in the last months. Also Brookfield is not an option anymore, at least for cadets, only Storm.

Are FR not hiring cadets direct into the company now?

No, everyone enters the company as a contractor, you may get a FR contract after. Cadets are Storm only at the moment.

Good luck everyone :ok:

20th Jan 2015, 17:25
who got email last week ???
when did you apply ???

vccm13
20th Jan 2015, 18:29
Any one knows if in the assessment ill be asked if my time building was split time ???
what to answer? because split time in Florida is counted as in comand..

Cedarjet80
20th Jan 2015, 22:31
As I said previously I had my assessment on the 12th earlier this month. I got a positive answer by email this afternoon :D
I was given the choice of 3 dates and places for the TR. CAE AMS, EAST MIDLANDS or CTC (Southampton I guess). Any recommendation ? Which is the best option?
Regards

plikee
20th Jan 2015, 23:24
Any one knows if in the assessment ill be asked if my time building was split time ??? what to answer? because split time in Florida is counted as in comand..

Tell them what you've got in you logbook. Now just make sure the experience you've got in your logbook is valid when you summit it to any aviation authority, including the one in your actual licence :ok:

I was given the choice of 3 dates and places for the TR. CAE AMS, EAST MIDLANDS or CTC (Southampton I guess). Any recommendation ? Which is the best option?

Congratulations Cedarjet80! The best option is the best for your wallet, you'll need it. Standards are the same in every facility. Bear in mind that also there is a chance that you may do ground school and SIM at different locations as everything is booked up. Know a friend just finished GS in AMS, doing SIM in Gatwick

plikee
21st Jan 2015, 07:57
Tell them what you've got in you logbook. Now just make sure the experience you've got in your logbook is valid when you summit it to any aviation authority, including the one in your actual licence

Think I was clear. If you get your hours checked by your CAA and they certify your logbook, they are valid so you tell them what is in your logbook. You also CAN use FAA hours and include them in your EASA licence, however not all of them.

NWCoast
21st Jan 2015, 09:41
Got an e-mail yesterday from CAE inviting me to send them my CV.
Is there any steady pattern of contact giving any indication on when to expect further contact, or is it a "maybe tomorrow - maybe in a year" kind of thing? :)

NWCoast
21st Jan 2015, 10:33
I see, fingers crossed then. :ok:

Now, I do realize that this probably is mentioned before several times within the endless pages of this thread, however I shall dare to ask anyway:

During the phone-call is there any tech Q's or mainly personal?

Good luck to all! :)

Cedarjet80
21st Jan 2015, 11:38
Nothing technical, don't worry.
Mainly if you already hold the license, last flight, last sim, if you did the mcc... Things like that.
Then she could read a text for you and make you 3 simple questions about what you heard..
Good luck!

Kappa87
21st Jan 2015, 12:26
I received the first e-mail asking for CV on the 12th of Jan. I didn't had 1 hour in the last six months so I was able to reply on the 15th, but no answer yet!

lh840
21st Jan 2015, 13:09
Gentlemen, do you know if there is any time limit on when to submit the CV after having received the invitation to do so?

It has been a week since I received it and probably I will not be able to send it within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks guys.

Kappa87
21st Jan 2015, 14:53
I was just pointing out that !'m waiting from almost a week, this is pretty usual, more than a friend of mine received a reply after 1 week...So tomorrow can be the day! :)
Anyway, there is no mention of any time frame in the email, but is stated that you MUST obtain recency before sending your CV and is not always possible to fly the same day!

kazmin
21st Jan 2015, 19:56
Anyone scheduled for assessment 2nd of Feb 2015 in Dublin? Please PM.

drsd
21st Jan 2015, 22:39
You guys who were just called for an interview. When did you apply?:}

SierraCharlie92
22nd Jan 2015, 07:50
Hey! Today I received the phone call. It only took 4 minutes with just a few questions, no text reading and comprehension.

The questions were:
- Last sim session date
- Last real flight date
- Type of licence (I have EASA)
- MCC finished?
- Flight crew licence issue date
- Medical certificate expiry date
- ME/IR expiry date
- And if I have EU passport

Then she said: you have passed the telephone interview.
And also said that at the moment RYR have all the assessment days completed/full. They are going to say me something in a few days. But also said expect the 2nd of February week.

She called me at 0830 UTC

kazmin
22nd Jan 2015, 08:26
I applied dec 2013, got called dec 2014, invited for assessment middle of dec 2014, but sent an email that I can't make it and asked to postpone til end of Jan, so they called me yesterday invited me for 2nd of Feb. FYI: They told me that if I can't make it this time as well, the company will not offer me any more assessments.

24 years old, Bulgarian citizen, 215hrs total time

dimms
22nd Jan 2015, 13:04
hey guys

Cae send me an Email in 13th january 2015 and i could only answer in the next day. Since from there i didnt get any answer from them. Is there any else in the same situation?

SierraCharlie92
22nd Jan 2015, 14:08
They called me again this afternoon saying my assessment will be the 3rd of February in Dublin. Anyone else for this date?

NWCoast
22nd Jan 2015, 14:11
Just got the "Your CV has been forwarded to Ryanair" e-mail.

Hoping for a call next :ok:

Kappa87
22nd Jan 2015, 14:27
Still nothing for me!! I think that I will not hear from them until next week...Maybe...:ouch:

drsd
22nd Jan 2015, 17:23
Nothing here either

lassem
23rd Jan 2015, 08:40
I have made a group on Facebook for TR-Course 4th May, EMA

Group name: "FR1504 Ryanair Type Rating"

Anyone else on that TR-Course - join :)

Peripero
23rd Jan 2015, 20:40
Guys, anybody here got the Jan 29 assessment at Stansted?

Bohi111
24th Jan 2015, 15:46
Hi. Anybody in type rating group CAE1503 starting 4th may 2015 in Amsterdam. Join facebook group: Ryanair type rating CAE1503
Or PM.

jhortamaul
24th Jan 2015, 18:28
Those of you getting requests to send in your CV... Where exactly did you apply?

Next question for the experts here on this thread... I have noticed through consistent observation over the past 5 months the majority, if not all applicants called in for assessments are young 25-35 and relatively low hours 200-800. Unfortunately, I am forced to come to the conclusion that RYR is seeking young blood with low exp. to perhaps mold into the company SOPs.

Which leads me to my question as a 45+ year old with 5000+ hours of which 3000+ turbo prop and over 1500 IFR hours with no jet time.

Why in the world am I not getting a call? Can anybody give some insight into this seemingly awkward(backward) selection process by RYR?

:ugh:

kazmin
24th Jan 2015, 20:38
Everyone who already had the assessment:

Do you know if the briefing pack is still like this one I found on Google:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Flatestpilotjobs.com%2Ffiles%2Fpublicfiles%2 F1328373959ON9gAIyk.doc&ei=7Q_EVIvGIIexPLfDgeAI&usg=AFQjCNEMUn3E0v4aCf8d4FFiobBeRaYO2Q&sig2=yidg6N99EE8GaCB4SkwOCg&bvm=bv.84349003,d.ZWU

It's from 2009, is it outdated?

Tango Romeo A320
25th Jan 2015, 07:27
Don't use that one... The most recent one is the one from simtech dated in July 2014!

kazmin
25th Jan 2015, 08:45
Anyone able to provide the most recent briefing pack? Would love to have it earlier than two days before the assessment itself.

Thanks!

darioamaro
25th Jan 2015, 11:12
Hi!!

My assessment was 19th of January, from the beginning all us look nervous as the time goes by people start to relax themselves. Don't worry it's normal.
When you get there all together have a briefing and the assessor explain you basically all briefing pack, speed, altitudes, and all info that you should know before get there.
Two different couples for two different assessors (Frank around 65 years old, and Bob a little bit younger, both looks really helpful guys).
If you are the first crew normally you can leave the Simthec close to 1 o'clock, but if not, prepare yourself to wait a lot of time, so you have a lot time for prepare the flight with your partner.

Sim Process:

Our SID was Wallasey 2T from Liverpool RWY 27.
After that vectors, changes of altitudes, speed and headings.
QDM to the station and join in a hold.
Smoke on board.
And finally the approach 27 in Liverpool.
Don't forget they want good CRM!!

Personal and technical interview.

Personal:

How much money did you pay for your pilot course??
Why did you choose that school??
Did you pass all subjects at the first attempt??
Why Ryanair??
How many bases has Ryanair??
Chose three bases??

Technical:

Microburst.
Absolute calling.
Segments of flights.
Angle of attack and angle of incidence .
CFIT ( Control Flight in to Terrain).
Spin recovery.
Critical engine.
737 knowledge.
VMCA, VMCG, V2.
Holdings.
Crosswind formula.
Take off run available.

These question have been asked 19th of January to all of us.

I wish you luck and I hope see you soon.

anderse
25th Jan 2015, 12:58
Does anyone know how long the introcourse in EMA usually lasts? Monday-saturday?

Stijn89
26th Jan 2015, 08:16
Does anyone know how long the introcourse in EMA usually lasts? Monday-saturday?

From what I've heard it's monday - saturday, but the last day is in STN.

NWCoast
26th Jan 2015, 11:49
Stansted on feb. 5th anyone?

Cedarjet80
26th Jan 2015, 14:10
Anyone confirmed for the CAE1505 ?

anderse
26th Jan 2015, 19:43
From what I've heard it's monday - saturday, but the last day is in STN. Thank you Stijn89 (http://www.pprune.org/members/365359-stijn89) for your info about STN. You just saved me 120 euros :)

Irishpilotman
26th Jan 2015, 19:46
Greetings,

I am a newly qualified ATPL Pilot.

My passport is issued by my beautiful country where Ryanair also calls home, Ireland.

Why do I hear things about Irish pilots not being hired or assessed by Ryanair?

How can this be true?

Just simply, How?

Is there an Irishman there that can put this rumour to bed?

Thank you.

Lightbringer
26th Jan 2015, 20:02
Hi,

I'we been called for interview after 7 years of applying.

TT: 2000+
2 fails on ATPL tests.

Going for interview in February.

Good luck.

26th Jan 2015, 21:17
Anybody got an email asking for CV recently ?

seven3
26th Jan 2015, 22:22
Anybody got an email asking for CV recently ????!

If that's an email from CAE, this is the first step of your application.
Look a few pages back in this thread and you will find more info.
Send them your CV and exactly what they ask.

Don't screw up at this stage :ok:

26th Jan 2015, 23:24
I know man :)

But I just want to see if they are sending email or not.
I've been waiting like crazy and I got no answer so far.

Anybody got email today for sending CV ?

Kamikazeair
27th Jan 2015, 02:49
I am booked as well for the CAE1505

Cedarjet80
27th Jan 2015, 07:36
Have you got the confirmation email?
I haven't so far...

Exiled Martian
27th Jan 2015, 07:59
Greetings Gents & Ladies (if applicable)

Anybody on the FR1506 TR at EMA commencing in May? :8

Cedarjet80
27th Jan 2015, 08:17
Guys, any advantage of doing the TR in EMA vs CAE AMS....I have lately heared lot of people going to EMA!
Cheers

plikee
27th Jan 2015, 08:19
No, standards are the same. The only difference is that you are next to Ryanair Training Centre in EMA so the paper bit after training may be quicker

Cedarjet80
27th Jan 2015, 08:23
I guess the instructors in CAE AMS are Ryanair pilots, right?
I chose AMS as first option, still haven't got any confirmation, and now I am wondering if it is possible to ask to change to EMA... :rolleyes:

nickthenava
27th Jan 2015, 08:40
Yes trainers are RYR SFI/TRI and TRE.
quality in both locations is good based on friend's feedbacks but AMS is a bit better for the only fact that you have a cafe, bar, restaurant inside.
I am going to AMS in April, eventually let you know how it is.

Cedarjet80
27th Jan 2015, 08:53
Grazie mille :)

Exiled Martian
27th Jan 2015, 09:16
Have you got the confirmation email?
I haven't so far...

Hi CJ80 I got the 'confirmation email' yesterday hence my post in here inquiring if anyone else is set for EMA on FR1506 TR.

No, standards are the same. The only difference is that you are next to Ryanair Training Centre in EMA so the paper bit after training may be quicker

Cheers for clearing that up chap, I chose EMA because its on my doorstep & have heard the same words about the paperwork/admin process being swifter due to them having an office there etc:ok:

OhNoCB
27th Jan 2015, 13:18
For what it's worth, and this is only second hand information but have heard it from a couple of friends now - the training in EMA is better.

The reasons I have heard for this include that CAE AMS uses non FR instructors as well as some FR ones, which causes some standardisation issues, and also that the sims they use for the initial part of the training in EMA are proper FFS sims whereas in AMS they use some sort of fixed based touch screen overhead trainer.

On the flip side, I have heard socially AMS is nicer, but is that what you are there for?

holding80
27th Jan 2015, 13:28
Hi,

I have 5000 TT (turbo prop commuter, multi-crew).
Should I apply via CAE cadet or directly to [email protected] ?

Thanks in advance.

Kappa87
27th Jan 2015, 13:29
Hi guys, anyone booked for the assesment on the 9th of Feb. in Dublin?

Cedarjet80
27th Jan 2015, 13:38
I am definitely looking for a better formation, if there is one.
I have heared so many different opinions... :rolleyes:

Kamikazeair
27th Jan 2015, 15:38
No i am still waiting ! See you there cedarjet

Talewind
28th Jan 2015, 08:31
Hi there

With regard to the Ryanair phone interview, from reading previous post it appears that they ask the same six questions that were in the initial email and then the do a small english language assessment.

Has anybody had anything further than this, such as technical questions or questions about our resume, motivations, etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Cedarjet80
28th Jan 2015, 08:45
Definitely you will not get technical questions.

k738
28th Jan 2015, 11:30
@holding80

You should apply via CAE cadet.

Good luck!

MexicanFlyer
28th Jan 2015, 11:40
I'm also scheduled for CAE1505 :8

Cedarjet80
28th Jan 2015, 12:52
Guys I have just created a group on FB for the 1505 course. Please people on that course ask to join: CAE1505 AMS

LukasH
28th Jan 2015, 14:11
Here, recieved the call today. Which Hotel is best to book? It's a short time for preparation i think.

Japs71
28th Jan 2015, 16:57
Hi guys
Anyone with more than 40 who has been called for the assessment?

Kappa87
28th Jan 2015, 17:17
I booked at the Metro Hotel, they provide transportation to Simtech!

holding80
28th Jan 2015, 20:05
@k738
Thank you for your message!

What have you chose "Pilot Provisioning Job"?

Thanks...

zerotohero
28th Jan 2015, 21:48
I did my type at CAE back in 2007 before EMA was an option. I lived locally to EMA but have to say I am very glad I was at CAE purely because the focus you need to study for it is much better if your removed from daily life and distractions of family and friends and ahhh its the weekend ill go out with the lads.

Go to as far away as possible an bury your head in the books. CAE has great instructors. Some where not FR boys when I did mine and it did not hold me back at all.

Great memories.

alkor
29th Jan 2015, 11:28
are there any ntr captains among you that has been invited for the interview?

how long from email?

29th Jan 2015, 12:27
Any cadet this week ?
I mean anyone received mail asking for CV ?

pattni127
29th Jan 2015, 13:46
Hello

anyone done assessments this week in Dublin? what were the questions like

thanks in advance!