PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

The Dead Side
12th Apr 2014, 12:56
Is anyone going to the assessment on 22nd April at STN?

pudoc
12th Apr 2014, 18:21
Ryanair take on loads of Irish pilots. I know plenty (especially cadets).

These stupid rumours come from stupider people. Ireland has a very small population compared to the UK, so obviously there are more British cadets than Irish, for example.

dost1k
14th Apr 2014, 18:13
Hi, anyone starting the Introduction course on 23-June in East Midlands and the TR on 7-July in Amsterdam? There is a FB group "CAE1403 Ryanair TR Amsterdam". Join it.

march21
15th Apr 2014, 17:18
Hi guys!
I have a question for those of You who have successfully passed the assesment in Ryanair. I know that majority of cadets take extra simulator sessions on 737 before going to the assesment and that it helps a lot! So my question is where did you guys take this sessions? Can you recommend any good flight schools? How many hours did you fly?

Also they require written references from "employer/university" is it ok if I just take my university diploma? - I have a regular job btw.

Are skill test protocols equivalent with "final report from FTO"? cause I did not get any "final report".

Thank You all in advance for Your help. You can PM me if you preffer.

josemarb
16th Apr 2014, 16:13
As for the assesment prep I know a new Simulator Centre in Madrid Cuatro Vientos.
This is his brand new Boeing 737
Simulador Boeing 737-SR (SimLoc Research), Cuatro Vientos, Madrid. - YouTube (http://youtu.be/J_sIz8667U0)

Their website SimlocResearch (http://www.simlocresearch.com)

Hope it helps ;)

DMN700
17th Apr 2014, 06:25
Hi guys

I was on the assesment the 6th of March and got my answer the 8th of April so almost 5 weeks it took for me to get the good news.
Good luck to everyone attending.

To dost1k
I'm on the same course as you. But I couldn't find the FB group. Is the name correct.

speed_alive_rotate
17th Apr 2014, 10:29
Hey guys , well done to all who were successful with their interview.
Could any of you give me an example of a few of the interview questions! Feel free to PM me if you want. Thanks guys.

The Flying Stool
17th Apr 2014, 20:39
Hi all,

Received the first email today. Can anyone tell me what they actually sent to Ryanair when they ask for CPL and MEIR results? I've read the previous posts but I'm still unsure what they want.Would a scan of my log book be sufficient or do they want a scan of my theoretical exam results? I'm at a total loss on this one. Can anyone help?:ok:

Naaj
18th Apr 2014, 07:24
I received the same E-Mail yesterday and I am also a little bit confused what they mean with CPL; MEIr results. I have a Final Training Report of my flight school where all results are listet. I guess that is the document they want us to submit ..... right ?

Delta_Charlie
18th Apr 2014, 10:23
Hi guys,

when did you apply?
On the form did you entered the Total Time including FNPTII or not?

Thanks!

Aleboni
18th Apr 2014, 11:13
I applied in november but still nothing from cae....first time i have applied was march 2013. It's very random...

dost1k
18th Apr 2014, 17:47
The interview questions seem to be focused on the same topics as those already mentioned in this thread. I think there is an interview package on latestpilotjobs website. But the one I have seen (mind you it was several years old) basically had stuff copied from this and possibly other forums. So you can either pay for it or spend the time and search this thread yourself.

ccjbrown
18th Apr 2014, 18:38
Hi

I have the same problem as you. I'm really not sure what to make of this CPL and MEIR results business! I have no final training report from the school I did the skill tests with, the only thing I do have are scans of the documents the examiner signed to say I'd passed.

I don't suppose you've found any solution?

The Flying Stool
18th Apr 2014, 19:16
Nope. I'm still no further forward on the CPL MEIR results situation. I was thinking about sending scans of my logbook and theoretical examinations.

To be honest,I was quite perplexed by the whole email...it didn't even fit on the page correctly!

I think I'm going to contact my training school to see if they can offer any advice.

Marchisio
18th Apr 2014, 19:57
What is the normal time to wait from your initial application until you receive something from them(CV request)? (I'm aware of it's random, some people 1 week, - others years)

But what is the norm for most people?

cefey
18th Apr 2014, 21:42
It took about 2-3 weeks for me.

Pittslover
18th Apr 2014, 21:54
Have you all got first time passes in the ATPL exams who got invited?

Joons31
19th Apr 2014, 07:22
I got the same mail as you guys on Thursday.
And like you, I'm kind of unsure about the ME/IR results. Hopefully some of the guys who already went to the assessment can help?
First time I applied in October, rejected it in March and re-applied directly.
So this time it went quite fast.
And yes, I have first time passes in all subjects - average of 93 %.

Eireannach
19th Apr 2014, 07:30
Hi all ,

Scanned copies of your skill test results from your examiner are sufficient .You will need a full school report for the interview, so I suggest you get started on that should you be called. Also, Irish guys have recently been accepted for all those speculating otherwise . Best of luck to all :ok:

Aleboni
19th Apr 2014, 08:32
Did you re apply with another email or the same?

Sytced
19th Apr 2014, 08:35
Same as you guys!
Not sure what they expect about "results"?
I am French and we don t even have an average for the ATPL theory. We just pass or not.
If someone can give us a clue it would be helpful!
Thanks

Naaj
19th Apr 2014, 08:53
I applied in November when they re-opened the programm and have passed all subjects at the first attempt with an average of 93 %.
Concerning the MEPIR, CPL; issue. I have asked a colleague from my flight school who recently passed the AC. He submitted his Final Training Report where all results about his performance are listed. If you did not get this report I would submit a copy of my skill test and a copy of the theory results . That should be sufficient.

Joons31
19th Apr 2014, 08:54
I used the same email. No changes.
SO I did my training in the US and Greece, and I just got a signature in my logbook after my CPL ME/IR checkride. No 'results'. Is the siganture what they want?

march21
21st Apr 2014, 08:07
Hi, Does anybody know what happens if after being invited for an assesment you decide not to go ? (either before or after making a payment to RYR)
Is there any chance to be invited once again in the future ?

byeplane
21st Apr 2014, 23:20
Can I ask how long it took between replying to the email and the receiving the phone call for the telephone interview?

Joons31
22nd Apr 2014, 09:45
Have not replied yet, I need to do the actual flight hour first.

Naaj
22nd Apr 2014, 11:34
It is very random. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes a month and even longer.

Will you be contacted by CAE if they forward the documents to Ryanair ?

Sytced
22nd Apr 2014, 12:53
Just one question about attachments:
I sent the 2 attachments (1 for CV and 1 for results) but when I sent the email I realised my mailbox (yahoo) automatically added a third attachment (the CAE image which appears at the end of the email I received from them)!

Do you think it can be a problem due to the fact it is written 2 attachments maximum?

Did you have this kind of trouble with your mailbox?

Joons31
22nd Apr 2014, 15:03
Sytced - did you sent a personal or a aviation cv? and what about the results? You just sent a copy of your logbook to show them your passed checkride?

Sytced
22nd Apr 2014, 15:30
Aviation CV and copies of my skill test and atpl results
No copy of my logbook

Naaj
22nd Apr 2014, 18:24
I sent my personal CV where i indicated that I have completed the ATPL(A) training and obtained a CPL(IR) ME Frozen ATPL License.
I do not see the point in submitting an aviation CV. I guess you already entered your flight hours and ratings in the online application

Naaj
24th Apr 2014, 05:38
How long did it take for you get an answer that you application was forwarded to Ryanair? I have sent CAE my documents on saturday and have not heard anything .

VonVahlen
24th Apr 2014, 23:28
I am going the day after you Vref. I have sent you a PM. :)

Delta_Charlie
25th Apr 2014, 09:03
VonVahlen and Vref when did you apply?

byeplane
28th Apr 2014, 14:13
Has anyone been through the telephone interview lately?

The Dead Side
30th Apr 2014, 09:18
Well done finnpilot. How long ago was your assessment?

Joons31
30th Apr 2014, 11:54
Well done finnpilot! Congrats!

Hernando
30th Apr 2014, 14:42
What contracts do Ryanair offer nowadays?

saitan
30th Apr 2014, 15:37
Hi josemarb,

I've been in Simloc research in Madrid with a friend of mine. They were very helpful and proffesional.

They had lots of info about Ryanair assessment which help us a lot.

Who is going for the 8th of May?

Good luck guys

Naaj
30th Apr 2014, 18:51
Could anybody tell me how long it normally takes to get the confirmation that the CV was forwarded to Ryanair? I have been waiting for two weeks now and it does not seem normal. Any advice ?

saitan
1st May 2014, 09:35
It's random. It took a couple of months since I received the magic call.

I guess is like a lottery.

Hope it helps ;)

Hernando
2nd May 2014, 12:35
'Thousands on the list'

No one has an idea of the contract being offered?

March on!

cefey
6th May 2014, 16:49
Could anyone please tell where Ryanair Training Centre is located in Stansted?

Cheers

PilotFox
10th May 2014, 14:17
Received the good news yesterday!
Waited for 2 weeks and a couple of days.
TR start on 25th August in Amsterdam!

Anyone also in this group, please PM me.

Sytced
10th May 2014, 19:25
Hi guys!

I received the CAE email "CV sent to RYR for approval" 2 weeks ago.
How long did it take to you to get an answer?

OhNoCB
10th May 2014, 19:56
For what it's worth :-

Know of about 3-5 guys that were successful from assessments within the last 3 weeks.

One I know personally told me that he was asked during the interview if he had an Irish passport, which he didn't. This led to speculation as to whether or not the whole thing about them not passing Irish guys had some merit, however an Irish guy that was on his assessment was successful.

cefey
10th May 2014, 22:15
I´ll just ask here, instead of making a new thread.

Is there any good interview-prep websites? Like latestpilotjobs or flightdeckfriends?
Both for Ryanair specific and other airlines that take on low-houred guys?

Joons31
12th May 2014, 07:42
I sent my CV 1 1/2 weeks ago and no news yet as well. Seems to be again very random.

Joons31
12th May 2014, 15:07
Just got the mail that my CV was sent to Ryan..

Marchisio
12th May 2014, 16:07
Hello Guys!

Can somebody tell me what they did when they sent in their CV to RYR regarding the requested ME/IR, CPL and ATPL scores/passes?

Will they accept a copy of my logbook?

And whatabout the ATPL's? Do they want all the marks/scores on the final paper from CAA or is a copy of your ATPL graduation certificate stating your average score enough?

Thanks

Joons31
13th May 2014, 08:25
No, you have your profile on the cae site.
Then, if you got considered, cae asks you to send your cv to cae.
Next step is that cae will send the cv to Ryan for approval.

Sytced
13th May 2014, 08:34
In fact after submitting your profil on the cae website you will (or not) receive an email inviting you to send your CV + copies of your results.
So if you don t receive the cae email you have nothing else to do. Just wait.

Naaj
13th May 2014, 10:51
I was also informed yesterday that my application was forwarded to Ryanair.
What is the average waiting time for the telephone interview?

speed_alive_rotate
13th May 2014, 10:57
Can anyone shed any light on the latest questions asked in the telephone interview?

The Dead Side
13th May 2014, 11:11
Is anyone starting the type rating on 11th August in EMA?

Please PM me, and we could make a facebook group.

dingi555
13th May 2014, 11:29
Hi
If anyone here is in the CAE 1404 in Amsterdam, please PM me.

federico100mt
13th May 2014, 15:24
Hi guys

Do you really think the MCC cae approved course is a "plus" to make an assestement with Ryan ?

Joons31
15th May 2014, 11:04
Just got the call from CAE after I got the mail that my cv was sent to Ryanair on monday.
Got the assessment date at the 28th of May.

Naaj
15th May 2014, 14:14
I have just received a phone call. Will be in Stansted on May 29th. Anybody else?

The Flying Stool
15th May 2014, 14:24
Hi,

Could anyone explain how paying for the Type Rating works with Ryanair?

Does the full €28500 have to be paid up front before starting the type rating or is it taken from your salary over a period of time?

Also,is there an option of paying in instalments?

Is it possible to pay from a number of different sources?

There's very little information available about this and I'm sure most candidates don't have €28500 sitting in their bank account!

Thanks

skypilot91
15th May 2014, 14:53
Hey
does anyone know how much time goes by between CAE requests your CV + results and CAE informs you that your CV has been forwarded to RYR?
thanks

Joons31
16th May 2014, 08:58
Was 1 1/2 weeks for me.

ValePilot
16th May 2014, 11:34
Is it true, that after 1 year freezing a candidate can apply again the program?

ValePilot
16th May 2014, 12:16
People did two interviews...in the past years

Some posts ago
My friends friend was called twice for interview and got the job on second attempt. When I were there on my interview I asked them if I could apply again if I would be unsuccessful. They told me a cooling period of one year then you can apply again.

speed_alive_rotate
16th May 2014, 16:43
Hey Finnpilot, well done on the interview. Did they mention or did you ask regarding age? I too am 30 and was just curious. I know they have taken people well into their 30s in the past, just not sure now.

speed_alive_rotate
17th May 2014, 08:11
Yeah I agree Finnpilot, every time someone says its about age, nationality etc. there are 100s of stories to contradict that fact. Same was with the stories regarding the non hiring of Irish pilots.

Delta_Charlie
20th May 2014, 07:11
Guys did you read this bad news?
Contract B737-800 First Officer Job | McGinley Human Resources (http://www.mcginleyhr.co.uk/h/Home/Job_Details/29/?rcf_id=35&rcv_id=890)

ValePilot
20th May 2014, 07:32
And...? What's the problem?

Delta_Charlie
20th May 2014, 09:01
As you can read the minimum requirements are:

- A minimum of 1,500 hours total flying time
- A minimum of 1,000 hours on CS 25 Type
- A minimum of 500 hours on CS 25 Type aircraft weighing in excess of 20,000kg with an established airline
- Must be current on CS 25 Type Aircraft. Under-wing mounted engine aircraft preferred

Ryanair is looking for experienced FO..
CAE program is still active but now there are less opportunities for us.
In my opinion this is a bad news for many low hour pilots, isn't it?!

speed_alive_rotate
20th May 2014, 10:01
It just looks like Ryanair are loosing a lot of "experienced" FOs to the Middle East etc. and are trying to plug the hole before the busy summer period. I don't think it will stop them recruiting low hour cadets as normal in the future, in my opinion.

Delta_Charlie
20th May 2014, 12:36
Yes it could be a good reason...

dingi555
20th May 2014, 13:34
If you are on the CAE 1404 TR course starting in East Midlands on the 21st of July and TR in Amsterdam on the 4th of August, please ask to join the Facebook group :
CAE 1404 Amsterdam Ryanair Type Rating Course

JS32
22nd May 2014, 04:20
Hello to all.

I want to apply for this programm but I want to know one thing.

Have RYR any problem for the people of dark skin? (This is a stupid question I know why I do it)
and if there is any problem with people who have more hours than they are asking?

zondaracer
22nd May 2014, 04:37
No, they don't care about skin color. I have seen Ryanair pilots of different colors. However, if you don't have a European passport, you don't have a chance of getting hired there at the time being.

JS32
22nd May 2014, 06:54
I have EU passport from Spain but my mother is from Dominican republic and my Father is Spanish.

I have little aviation experience less than 1000TT but I've flown C206 and Caravan here in Santo Domingo

Thanks for the quick reply dude

Xergy09
23rd May 2014, 17:22
I will go to interview next 5th June, somebody else?

Pauline_
23rd May 2014, 20:15
Xergy09 when did You apply for the first time?

PeppyJeppy
23rd May 2014, 23:01
Hey guys. Just getting the head around applying now. Can anybody tell me how strict they are as far as flight test passes? I had a partial on my CPL but first pass on my MEIR. ATPLs passed first time with 90 average. Is that likely to create a big issue?

ValePilot
24th May 2014, 10:05
Xergy he asked you WHEN did you apply, not if is the first time

Xergy09
24th May 2014, 10:12
At the end of January

mark29
24th May 2014, 17:48
Hello to everybody, :ok:

I just want to ask you a quick question about CAE email!
I've a friend who has just received CAE email and he found a request for "MEIR results".
Now, he has sent a copy of his CPL licence as a result of MEIR skill test, but he is not sure if it's correct or not. What do you think about that?

Do you think CAE could reject his answer due to the licence copy and stop the entire assessment process?

What do you think is the best attachment to send about MEIR skill test? Maybe a copy of the last page of the logbook, with the MEIR flying hours and examinator's signature?

Thanks for the replies and apologize me if my English is not perfect :)

Delta_Charlie
25th May 2014, 09:25
Simply they are looking for the FTO Final Report, where they can check if your friend has a first pass on flight test and/or theoretical examinations. They specify on the email (at least on the email I read few days ago by a friend of mine) that a copy of license and logbook is NOT required at this step and the candidate has to comply with the email instructions, otherwise the application won't be anymore considered. The assessment start with that email.

Anyway, good luck to your/our friend :)

Joons31
25th May 2014, 19:06
The mail clearly said that they don't want copy's of license's etc.
So , it could be a problem, but it doesn't have to be....
What I've sent was just the signed letter of the examiner, which says that I have passed the flight test at the first attempt, my ATPL Results and a personal&aviation CV.

Ant787
26th May 2014, 22:34
Hello

Can somebody please explain what they mean by 'Must have a flight school report'

Does this mean a photo copy of your school records or the full original?

Looking forward to a reply!

Thanks

landing lighter
28th May 2014, 21:44
they just need a report from your flight school with info about your overall progress on CPL and IR exams as well as the number of attempts to pass each exam

Joons31
29th May 2014, 07:46
Ant787 - are you at Egnatia Aviation FTO ?
Then just ask Helen, she knows what you need in your report ;)

landing lighter
29th May 2014, 11:38
I had the good news Today!
I will be starting the Type rating at East Midlands on the 18th of August.
Don't hesitate to PM me for any questions about the interview, but most info is in this thread anyway.
Good luck everybody!

sanjayaguiar
29th May 2014, 13:55
Hi everyone!

Recieved an e-mail from CAE asking for the CV and the school's report.
Everything alright except that i sent the CV with the WRONG total flight time!!
The grid was ok but I had a 7hour mistake on the TT Flight Time.

So I sent another reply to the e-mail saying that i made a mistake and if required by them I will send the corrected and updated CV.

Actually the CV has the correct SEP MEP etc etc time but the sum of it is wrong. 150h instead of 157h which is discriminated correctly on the school's report.

Anyone had any experience with this kind of situation?

Really stupid but awful mistake.

Thanks!

Delta_Charlie
29th May 2014, 14:28
Sanjayaguiar and Ant787 when did you apply to RYR?

sanjayaguiar
29th May 2014, 14:42
I have applied in the CAE website on the 31st Jan 2014, was contacted last week in order to send the CV and School's report. Sent them yesterday.

Delta_Charlie
29th May 2014, 15:29
I've applied at the beginning of November, they don't follow any rule.
Definitely random! I would pay to know more about it...
Anyway good luck with your assessment :)

speed_alive_rotate
29th May 2014, 15:57
Are your ATPLs and flight exam results all ok Delta Charlie? Curious myself as to how they go about their selection process! Hope you hear something soon!!

TALLYHOCHAP
29th May 2014, 19:51
HI all,

I have a Ryanair interview coming up just wondering if anyone knows what plate is currently used? Also any one who has been to an interview recently what are the technical questions that are asked?

I know that someone will respond to this by saying its on this thread but there are so many pages don't have time to look through the whole thread.

Thanks in advance

Delta_Charlie
29th May 2014, 20:05
Are your ATPLs and flight exam results all ok Delta Charlie? Curious myself as to how they go about their selection process! Hope you hear something soon!!

On the online form they don't ask about exams score and flight test, so this is not a reason to send their first email. I know few guys that are waiting for more then 1 year...

speed_alive_rotate
29th May 2014, 20:19
Sorry Delta Charlie, unfortunately I am not quite there yet in terms of being able to apply, still training, so wasn't sure on the full process!!
Age factor has been ruled out on this thread as plenty of 30+ guys getting a shot! Its a mystery!!

Joons31
30th May 2014, 10:17
Hi all,

I just want to give a quick review of my assessment at Ryanair.
The assessment started at 10 am at the Hangar 10 Building at Stansted airport. Atmosphere was quiet relaxed.7 guys all over europe. except 1 all pretty young. We were welcomed by a nice guy from Ryanair. First we got a briefing about the sim profile, what to expect in the sim, what they want us to show them etc. Afterwards, just a basic brief about the interview.
We got our plates for the day, it was EMA , if you know how to fly an SID and Approach, nothing to add. It was not difficult, but you get plenty of time to study the chart.
I was the first one for interview and the sim. Interview was relaxed atmosphere, first I was ask personal questions, about my flight training etc. Just basic. Then a couple of technical questions f.e. passengers 737-800, how many flight attendants, mach tuck, how does the engine work, swept back wings, stall, AC/DC current, ..really basic stuff , no tricks etc.
Afterwards I went to the sim with my partner, an experienced older guy. Not sure for which position he applied. He was first PF, then we changed and I got PF. Abnormal takeoff, so no SID, flown with FD on and A/T up to 1500 feet.
then FD's off and some air work, again just basic stuff. Turn's, speed up, speed down, climbs, descents.Then NDB tracking, entering the hold, abnormal situation, immediate return to the field, no radar vectors avaiable, so follow procedure from the hold, intercept LOC and then ILS at EMA. all RAW DATA. Asked frequently about the position where you are right now to show on the chart and explain why.
Time in the Sim went fast, the sim is pretty fast, so be prepared. Layout was EFIS, no PFD/ND. Show good MCC/CRM skills! If you do something wrong, correct it, say it - to show them you noticed a deviation from altitude f.e and correct it immediately.
I finished at around 1.20 pm , I guess the entire assessment last at least until 6.30 pm, but I have no detailed information about it. At the end the recruiter just said that I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the results. Again, it was a really nice guy.
Good luck to all who have the assessment in future.

Delta_Charlie
30th May 2014, 12:44
Well done Joons, thank you for your excellent review!
It should be done by each one that has gone through the assessment, this is the main aim of this thread. Good luck.

errebi
31st May 2014, 07:48
anyone had the interview in April still waiting for a response?

sanjayaguiar
6th Jun 2014, 19:56
Hi everyone,

Quick question, do you think that taking the extra simulator before the assessment (for aircraft familiarization, etc) is very important in order to suceed?

Thanks

pudoc
6th Jun 2014, 22:13
sanjayaguiar, the instructors will be able to spot good talent no matter what, but I would still recommend it as it gives you extra confidence on the day. And without confidence you have a much lower chance of passing.

hurryupandwait
9th Jun 2014, 15:56
it is paid upfront and will be claimed against tax

L-Squared
11th Jun 2014, 08:19
Hi everyone,

Got my email yesterday, starting the 18th of August in EMA. There's a facebook group: TR Ryanair EMA 18th August, so if anybody else starts over there it would be nice to join it!

Naaj
11th Jun 2014, 14:48
Got the same E-mail today :). Tr will start on August 4th. Ground school is in EMA and the type rating will take place in AMS. Anyone else?

sanjayaguiar
12th Jun 2014, 10:31
Thank you pudoc!

Naaj
13th Jun 2014, 03:06
Anyone who starts with the TR in EMA on August 4th? I have set up a fb group( CAE1404).

ValePilot
14th Jun 2014, 14:24
Do you think that with increasing in fleet is there a possibilty to be called for a second chance? Frome mine it is passed just 1 year!

Xergy09
15th Jun 2014, 11:53
Anyone who starts with the TR in AMS on September 8th?

eriknandez24
17th Jun 2014, 22:00
oh yes yes

Naaj
20th Jun 2014, 19:33
That is normal. Don't be concerned .:ok:

petnik
22nd Jun 2014, 16:04
does anyone know if Parc Aviation shows preference to Oxford graduates over CTC gradates? moreover they don't mention an age limit on the type rating page, is there an "unofficial" age limit? Thanks

sanjayaguiar
22nd Jun 2014, 17:03
Anyone going for the Assessment on the 8th of July?

sanjayaguiar
22nd Jun 2014, 17:13
Petlink, I have a frend that is 30 and he got in this year.

YaKyLLaN
23rd Jun 2014, 12:15
Do you know if Ryanar reassesses someone who has failed previous assessment?

I applied via OAA back on November 2011 and I failed.
CAE contacted me on August-2012 and asked me if "Is it your first application?"

I replied "No. I attended the assessment via OAA and I failed on 2011" . The truth.

Because of that, they told me my application was not selected to proceed further in the application process because RYR doesn't reassesses somehone who has failed.

It has been more than 2.5 years from my failed assessment.

Will my application be considered for the assessment If I apply again?

Any similar cases recently?

What do you think I should reply if the ask me the same question again?...

Thanks.

ValePilot
23rd Jun 2014, 12:59
November 2011-August 2012? Maybe because the "freeze time" is one year before you can apply again the program.
I failed 1 year ago through CAE and I applied again couple of days ago...

YaKyLLaN
23rd Jun 2014, 13:26
With the same email and account ValePilot?

Any news with your application ValePilot?

ValePilot
23rd Jun 2014, 15:28
Another email...no news!:yuk:

JS32
24th Jun 2014, 05:51
Hello guys.

I open this thread to know if someone did the MCC with ryanair in CAE and if is possible tell me about the experience and if someone get and assestment after did it.

Thanks.

Rubok
29th Jun 2014, 12:30
Hi guys, I am starting my TR in EMA the 1st of september for one week, and then I will continue my TR in AMS the 15th of september. I am looking for accommodation in both places (specially in AMS). Is anyone starting in those dates?? And is anyone interested/looking for people for a flatshare?.

mark29
30th Jun 2014, 07:33
So, Ryanair now is doing type rating both in East Midlands and in Amsterdam? Very interesting. It could be a sign of the high volume of Cadet Pilot they are hiring..

marcoBCN
30th Jun 2014, 11:18
they're scheduling 3 TR courses per month instead 1 per month in AMS

Sakari
30th Jun 2014, 17:49
Hi guys,

Anyone else going on the TR with start 4th of August? CAE1404B? If so send me a PM.

fulminn
1st Jul 2014, 21:28
Hi guys! Can anyone delight about what they mean when, on the first email you receive, they state: "Your ATPL; CPL; and, MEIR results". Since afterwards they said:"We do not require Cover letters; Certificates; copies of your Licence; References; etc - these items/documents will not be reviewed, as they are not required at this stage in the selection process!
".

So, since they won't your scan of the license, or any kind of official proof of your titles, what they want?
Greatly appreciated guys.

ValePilot
3rd Jul 2014, 00:04
Ryanair reported this
FULL TYPE RATING COURSE

Do you have the right to work in EU?
(Valid EU / EEA Passport with the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU)

Date of Birth – (Not over 65)

Licence Type – must have a valid JAR or EASA (CPL) Frozen ATPL (Air Transport Pilots License)

Validity of Medical – Must hold a valid Class 1 medical.

Holds a valid multi-engine instrument rating

Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of multi-crew co-operation (MCC)

Must have a flight school report.

Cadets who have conducted a modular course need to have 100 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC), or 70 hours as PIC if
completed during a course of integrated flying training as set out in Appendix 3 A, C & D to Part-FCL and AMC1 to
Appendix 3 A, C & D.

English Language Proficiency Rating of 4, 5 or 6. (Written proficiency at Operator level).

No more age limits? And is not reported any refuse for twice interview.

OhNoCB
3rd Jul 2014, 23:43
I don't think the supposed age limit was ever written. It's not my area of knowledge but I don't believe setting age limits like that is legal? (could be corrected.)

I know of two 30+ year olds who were assessed in the last year. One is now on line and the other wasn't offered a position.

speed_alive_rotate
4th Jul 2014, 07:48
I think Ryanair are finally realising they have just as much of a chance of training a future captain that is in his early 30s as training a guy in his early 20s etc. due to the amount of young guys who join for 3 years then get out. But I agree they have to say no age limit as that would be classed as ageism and discrimination!!

Aleboni
7th Jul 2014, 09:26
I've been contacted by CAE to send attachments for Ryanair. They ask for ATPL, CPL, and MEIR results....I did exam and just one revalidation for MEP IR... should i send both CPL and revalidation paper or just exam? Is it enough the scan page of logbook or they want all papers? Because it seems that all paper are more than 1MB

Breitling_
8th Jul 2014, 03:25
Hi Guys, has anybody been to the assessment as an 'Experienced FO' just wondering what can be expected on the day. Thanks

fulminn
8th Jul 2014, 06:14
I guess you can expect a standard lpc. V1cut, oeo manual fd ils, oeo ga at cat 1 mnms, oeo f15 ldg. Npa +circling, rto in lvp, raw data ils, everything in the qrh i think..as well crosswind landing, but I guess their main concern will be about crm and tech knowledge. I was doing my rt 2 weeks ago in stn, speaking with at tre, and apparently the pass rate of the experienced capt and fo is quite low.
Good luck!!

Aleboni
9th Jul 2014, 09:25
How long does it take to have a reply by CAE after sending cv and results?:confused:

fulminn
9th Jul 2014, 10:57
Avg 1-3 weeks

mark29
10th Jul 2014, 21:20
Fulmin & Aleboni, when they say "Cpl - MEIR results" they are looking for a Flight School Report or a Pilot Summary Report, made from your Cpl Ir training school. They basically want to know if you have first pass on Cpl and Ir skill test.

I've sent a Flight School Report and was accepted :ok:

mark29
16th Jul 2014, 09:26
Someone has the assessment on the 29th of July?

albert_a350
16th Jul 2014, 12:52
Hello all!

I recive the e-mail of CAE inviting me to send the CV and the ME. IR results.
I answer them the 23th of past June. I have no response yet. What can I do? I have to supose that I not go longuer with that application?

many thanks!

Naaj
16th Jul 2014, 13:15
Dont worry. I had to wait more than 4 weeks before being informed that my application was forwarded to RYR

federico100mt
16th Jul 2014, 17:36
Hi! How longer did you wait after applying through CAE ? Ciao

Circle
18th Jul 2014, 18:34
i have my assessement on July 30th...Non type rated, does that help your request.

OhNoCB
21st Jul 2014, 09:17
Cadet assessment from earlier this year (March or April I think).

Interview:

- How did you get interested in flying?
- What do your parents do?
- Do you know how much the type rating costs?
- How will you fund it?
- How many Cabin crew required on one of our flights?
- Why do we need this many?
- Which engine do you start first on your current aircraft (MEP)?
- Which engine would it be technically preferable to start first?
- (Pointing to MCP on a 738 cockpit poster) What is this?
- (Pointing to FMA) What is this?
- Where do we monitor what the AFDS is doing?
- Why don't we do this on the MCP?

Sim:
Location is EGNX. Given non standard departure to 5000'. Accelerate / decelerate, steep turns. Suspected bomb on board track NDB to the field due radar u/s. Procedural NDB ILS go around due to blocked runway, engine failure on the go around then repositioned straight in to land.

EDIT: To point out this is second hand info.

Venier
22nd Jul 2014, 09:31
Hey guys, I have my assessment on the 5th of August....anybody else??
( Stansted)

Gpro
23rd Jul 2014, 21:57
You're looking at 4-6 months with no pay basically. And in that you will be living wherever they want you to. You're on rubbish money until after LT. Then you have the delights of dealing with accountants who bamboozal you into where you're paying your taxes. This can be up to 56% of your wage if you have no expenses to use.

B737n
26th Jul 2014, 00:02
Hello everyone,

Got the call and will have the introduction course, 1st of september at east midlands.
Anyone else having the same date and will be in TR group FR 1413? Please send me a PM

mark29
26th Jul 2014, 09:49
Ehi B737n, when did you do the Assessment? Just to have an idea of how much time has passed from the assessment to the call and from the assessment to the the start of the TR!

Another thing, is it normal to received the briefing pack only 2 or 3 days before the Assessment?

Thank you and congratulations! :ok:

ValePilot
26th Jul 2014, 10:58
You have to see if you are positive Mark :ok: , anyway 1 month I think.

mark29
28th Jul 2014, 09:40
Anyone has the Assessment tomorrow guys?

I didn't received the briefing pack yet, I was wondering if it's normal to don't have the briefing pack till the day before the Assessment :ugh:

Aleboni
30th Jul 2014, 07:21
Is there someone on 12 August in Dublin for assesment?

ValePilot
30th Jul 2014, 09:53
Wow! Now, they are doing the assessment in Dublin!

Hal_ex
30th Jul 2014, 17:10
Hi guys! Im just going crazy looking for the CPL,MEIR results when my schools are closed already, does anybody know from where can i get those documents for Ryanair?
Thank you

EC-BRQ
31st Jul 2014, 06:42
I've been invited to the assessment on August the 14th at Dublin Training Centre. I am 30 years old, and applied the 11th of March. Anyone else for the same day?

speed_alive_rotate
31st Jul 2014, 09:37
Very encouraging to see now a good few guys into their 30s being invited. Best of luck guys, all please keep us informed how it goes, feedback here is very useful for others!

Pauline_
31st Jul 2014, 09:45
Hi, is anybody here who applied last year and still didn't get any response?

cheers

Hal_ex
31st Jul 2014, 09:55
Hi Aleboni! Do you know anything about this matter? I cant ask any of my flight schools coz they are closed for bankrupt!! How can you have this documents then? Thank you and i hope u fixed this problem and u got ghe chance to get in

Dangerous_D
31st Jul 2014, 14:35
Applied in November 2013. Still waiting.....

Pauline_
31st Jul 2014, 14:56
November 2013 - me too....

sidsingh83
31st Jul 2014, 17:20
EC-BRQ, I am also on the assessment day on 14th August in Dublin!

Has anyone got any info on the questions asked in the technical part of the interview? It's been several years since I passed my ATPL exams!!

alejandro777
1st Aug 2014, 09:48
november 2013, nothing!:ugh:

EC-BRQ
1st Aug 2014, 10:15
sidsingh83, review all this thread (at least, since 2011) and you will find a lot of useful information. This is what I've been doing since I applied to gather as much information as possible...

Does anyone know why are we being invited to Dublin instead of Stansted? Every person I say this tell me that in Dublin there is no SIM...

speed_alive_rotate
1st Aug 2014, 10:19
They could possibly be using the SIM in Simtech in Dublin. Only a guess though!!

4redsyourdead
1st Aug 2014, 11:58
I would imagine it will be in Simtech on the XJ simulator that very faintly resembles an 800. I'd imagine due to the amount of recurrent checks and training , they don't have the capacity to take 2 days every week out of one of the stansted simulators.

S7EVIN
1st Aug 2014, 17:39
Hi guys,

I read that the usual waiting period between CAE fowarding to the airline your cv and the possible approval is 1 to 4 weeks. Is it still the case nowadays?

And also what is the usual notice period to expect between the call for the interview and the assesment day?

Cheers

Tweety55
1st Aug 2014, 22:13
Answer to the first question is YES
Second question: 1 week from the phone interview to the assessment day; if you are lucky 1 and a half week.

EC-BRQ
2nd Aug 2014, 08:58
So in my case I've been very lucky... two weeks between call and assesment...

Aleboni
2nd Aug 2014, 18:49
Me too is 2 weeks...

Skydreamer1
3rd Aug 2014, 16:02
Hi guys, just trying to see if the rumours are true, I know a couple in my position meet all the minimum requirements with flying colours, applied last October and absolutely nothing. Getting quite frustrated as theres plenty of pilots from other nationalities applying long after last October who have gotten interviews and jobs.

OhNoCB
4th Aug 2014, 09:53
A friend of mine (see post in previous page I think for assessment profile) was earlier this year interviewed and hired and is Irish.

pudoc
4th Aug 2014, 11:06
There are plenty of Irish guys.

The fact is Ireland has a tiny population compared to a lot of other European countries. Therefore it's only natural that there will be a bigger selection of good Spanish cadets (for example) to 'employ' than Irish.

Skydreamer1
4th Aug 2014, 15:02
Any idea what I'm doing wrong then? 90% average ATPL's, First time Passes in CPL and MEIR, all well known schools Oxford, Simtech and I'm 21. Just getting really frustrated that i haven't been given a chance :ugh:

VALERIO89
4th Aug 2014, 16:53
I will have a phone interview.
Could you tell me more about this interview?
Is it a technical interview?
What kind of questions will I expect?

ValePilot
4th Aug 2014, 21:42
Skydreamer is really RANDOM...believe me!

VALERIO89
5th Aug 2014, 08:47
could any gentlman tell me about a first phone interview???:{:{

EMnihao
5th Aug 2014, 14:40
Hi Valerio89:

The phone interview lasted about 10 min:

Questions were

-have you passed your ATPL exams
-did you passed them on first attempt
-did you pass your CPL ME IR on first attempt
-when does your ME IR expires?
-when does you medical class 1 expires?
- how many total flight hours?
-how many as PIC?
- when was your last flight?
-when was the last SIM?

The interviewer then told he was going to read an aviation related sentence for 2 times and then he would ask me some question about it.
The sentence had to do with a passenger sick or injured in the cabin and the Captain diverting to an alternate field. He then asked me what the cabin crew and the captain had to do in this case.
Basically it was a way to see if you can listen and understand english.

Hope that helps.

Anyway anybody going on assesment day Augst 19th in Dublin, could you please contact me in private (PM) I could use a litte bit of knowledge sharing.

S7EVIN
5th Aug 2014, 18:30
Got che phone call today.

Actually what I understood regarding the sick passenger was "if you are on the plane and a passenger got sick, what would you do (as a passenger)?" and I answered according to that interpretation.

Still got the date tought, I assume my answer was acceptable. :}

To be honest at the beginning I believed that the voice was recorded...:rolleyes:

19th of August in Dublin.

TurboPorter
6th Aug 2014, 13:37
Hello everyone,

I have just been called by CAE. The questions were the same. In the understanding part, the questions were :
- What should do the cabin crew when he learns that a passenger is ill or injured?
- Who has to be informed? (the captain)
- What must the captain do?

Then she informes you how will be conduct the assessment in Dublin, the topics you should know.

Finally, she explains you how to pay for the interview fees ...

My assessment will be on July 21. Anybody invited on the same day?

Xergy09
6th Aug 2014, 14:52
Anyone FR1414 EMA?

eagledream
6th Aug 2014, 19:55
Hi guys, just been contacted today by CAE, applied in 2013.
In the email it states they want a copy of your ATPL, CPL and MEIR results.
I dont understand if they want a paper with the percentages in each atpl theory or just a paper stating you have passed them. Also for the CPL MEIR do they just want the paper the examiner signed after the flight? because that one I have submitted to the caa to get my license issued.
I hope someone can help me with this.
Goodluck to everyone!!

seven3
6th Aug 2014, 19:58
Hi guys, just been contacted today by CAE, applied in 2013.
In the email it states they want a copy of your ATPL, CPL and MEIR results.
I dont understand if they want a paper with the percentages in each atpl theory or just a paper stating you have passed them. Also for the CPL MEIR do they just want the paper the examiner signed after the flight? because that one I have submitted to the caa to get my license issued.
I hope someone can help me with this.
Goodluck to everyone!!

Really ? One year later ?
When did you apply exactly ?

Send them the paper that you have passed the ATPLs and send them your licence ;) that should be enough

S7EVIN
6th Aug 2014, 20:28
DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR LICENCE!

They clearly say that a copy of your licence is not required.

Follow strictly what they say otherwise you risk to be disqualified even before to start.

I sent my ATPL results with score and asked my flight school for the results. They will send you the papers that the examiner was filling up during your checkride.

eagledream
6th Aug 2014, 21:18
I applied in february 2013, really thought it was never going to come.
i would contact the school where I done my atpl theory but they closed so I'm thinking of getting a paper of where i done my meir who can certify I passed them and passed the ir and cpl test first attempt. Would that be ok you think?

S7EVIN
6th Aug 2014, 21:37
Personally I sent the exams results that the CAA sent to me. Never asked anything to the school regarding the ATPL theory.

VALERIO89
7th Aug 2014, 08:40
I am sorry....but....
When will I pay my assessment?
During the first interview, the woman said me nothing about credit card.
Do you think they will send me an email for further information of payment and confirm the date of my interview?
Thanks
Bye

federico100mt
7th Aug 2014, 11:55
Hi Guys,

you all have first time passes in the ATPL?

TurboPorter
7th Aug 2014, 17:47
Yes VALERION89 you will receive an email with a link to the payment page. I received it this afternoon.

Does anyone know where is exactly the Dublin Training Center or has already received the "briefing pack"?

danilo1
8th Aug 2014, 00:01
does someone will have to go on 20th august in dublin? if yes I will be there on 17 just to met the place and to meet someone to drink something togheter before the interwiev

eagledream
8th Aug 2014, 10:52
Im 23. Are the interviews for cadets now being held in dublin and not Stansted?

Ramon de Pitis
9th Aug 2014, 07:34
Hi there

I got the assessment with ryanair for experienced FO. I was told to ask someone who has already been in the assessment for experienced FO because the interview is different even they send you the same syllabus. So I wonder if someone could give me a hint.

Other question would be about what kind of contract is offered to ppl who join the company with experience, above 1500 hours on 737Ng in my case. Because they have not specified anything and since I have to pay myself for the tickets, I would like to know before booking anything

thank you :ok:

EC-BRQ
9th Aug 2014, 09:59
Dones anyone know if the charts they give in the assessment are always Jeppesen? It's just to prepare the briefings precisely...

4redsyourdead
9th Aug 2014, 10:46
Usually always Jepps but we are changing over to Navtech charts in the next few weeks so this could also effect the recruitment sim days.

sadia12
9th Aug 2014, 18:18
anyone else coming down to the assessment day in dublin on the 14th august?
and can anyone tell me whats it like (hard/easy)?:hmm:

S7EVIN
10th Aug 2014, 14:40
Please if someone has already attended the assessment in Dublin can he tell us where this "Dublin Training Center" actually is?

Any other infos regarding the assessment itself are certainly very appreciated. :ok:

speed_alive_rotate
10th Aug 2014, 16:04
Yes please add any Info you might have about Dublin. Does anyone know who the contract will be with, Storm etc.??? Strange it is now being held in Dublin, was wondering is there another recruiter on board? Might be good for all those Irish pilots who have a conspiracy theory that Ryanair don't like to hire them.(I include myself in that conspiracy theory haha!)

sadia12
11th Aug 2014, 02:48
Hi there im in on the same day!

Skydreamer1
11th Aug 2014, 15:25
Speed Alive Rotate I very much believe in that theory also! :ok: Can anybody who has gotten their call for in the interview in Dublin tell us the address given for the training centre? After completing the MCC in Simtech it would be nice to do the interview in the same sim.

David_Larsson
13th Aug 2014, 09:12
I´m going for the assessment in dublin the 26:th. Someone else on the same day?

And maybe someone with some experience from previous assessment in Dublin??

EC-BRQ
13th Aug 2014, 10:24
I am going to the asessment tomorrow in Dublin as I said. All the info you need is in the Briefing Asessment that Ryanair sent to you.

I will post here how things have gone...

speed_alive_rotate
13th Aug 2014, 10:48
Best of luck EC-BRQ. Would be very helpful for everyone to do the same and post their experiences. If I am ever lucky enough to make the assessment I too will post all relevant information to help others. And good luck to everyone else going to the Dublin assessment!!!

Gemma1991
14th Aug 2014, 10:44
Why do Ryan asked for proof of skills test results, can't they just contact the CAA?

Cedmat
17th Aug 2014, 11:09
Hi everyone,

I applied in the beginning of August and I would like to know if someone who apllied in the same period received a call already or not?

smokey1304
18th Aug 2014, 12:08
Hey is anyone also on the 27. august in Dublin? (cadet)

Vaaly
19th Aug 2014, 13:48
Hi guys,

I had the assessment on the 13th of August and got the positive call yesterday.
As already explained in this thread the interview was relaxed and everyone were polite and friendly, no tricks, no tough questions or tasks.
HR part: he was funny and asked me some questions about my family, my flight training and why I would like to join Ryanair, then some jokes about cyclists and football.
Technical: what is FMA, in which colour does HDG SELECTED come up?
Sim: Dublin airport, RWY HDG on departure until D3.0, then right turn to 030° climbing 5000ft, some accelerations and decelerations, climbs, descends, emergency (cabin fire), vectors to ILS, ILS and go around, engine failure while going around (he told me that it wasn't part of the assessment, he did that only to "teach me something new") and finally he repositioned me on short final with runway in sight.

VALERIO89
19th Aug 2014, 20:03
Hi there!
Last week I had my assessment.
Could you tell me how long do they take to call you
if you are succesful???
I appreciate Recent experience

VALERIO89
19th Aug 2014, 20:35
Hi Marco,
it was good...I think so.
But to be honest I made 3 mistakes in altitude
but I corrected them.
Hopefully they will consider my good crm.
What do you think?

Buritos
19th Aug 2014, 21:05
Hi guys,
how long it takes to get email with information to assessment after phone interview ? :eek:
Is anyone going to Dublin on 1st of September ?
Thanks

speed_alive_rotate
20th Aug 2014, 10:25
Where in Dublin are the assessments taking place guys??

Cedmat
20th Aug 2014, 13:43
For people who have the interview in September, when did you apply initially ?

Thanks and good luck :ok: !

EC-BRQ
20th Aug 2014, 16:08
Sorry about being so late, but I have been really busy...

First, I have to say that good news came past Monday and I am going to start the Type Rating in East Midlands on October the 6th...

The assesment in my case was like this:

- Interview: Pretty rude, no jokes, but I found it normal, nothing bad to say. Only a little pressure just to see how you behave. They asked me about myself, what I like to do in my free time, why I choose my flight school, why Ryanair, what opinion I have about my instructors... Regarding technical questions, what is Jetstream, how thunderstorms are formed and as I am Engines Engineer also, we talked about new features of engines. Finally they asked me about how many flight attendants does a Ryanair 737 have. Nothing abnormal.

- Simulator: Liffy 4A departure from Dublin, once completed changes of cruise, turns, descent with 1000 ft/min, one interception and one question about our present position. Then, smoke on board, so declared emergency and returned to Dublin. With this, the assesor freezed the simulator and told us to prepare the approach, ILS 28, and once ready, we completed the approach. Cloud base was higher than minima and visibility was 8 km, so no problem at all. Altitude was +/- 200ft some times but in general terms I controlled it nicely.

My tips... be yourself in the interview, and be relaxed, both for the interview and for the simulator. Talk and discuss the situation with your mate, CRM! Request things when you are the pilot flying and help when monitoring... This is what they want to see! As other said two or three messages before, no tricks, they try to make you confortable and relaxed from the very beginning. One of them was joking from the first time he saw us. They really know how pressed we are in a day like this.

If you have more questions, ask me!

Guys of the 14th of August, are you there? If anyone reads this, tell me if you have good news too...

Aleboni
20th Aug 2014, 17:07
I was in dublin on 12th August. Some people of my assessment received a call on monday and they passed. Me nothing... What does it mean in your opinion?

alicko
20th Aug 2014, 17:17
I think they only take CAE students. Or partners schools

Trent1000
20th Aug 2014, 19:38
Hey there. I am very very confused about all of this program. Maybe some of you who have been in touch with Ryan or at least cae about this programm, can help me out or give some answers, pm is fine as well.

I have aplied a looong time ago. I know in fact we have to be patient here because of the huge amount of applications they get. But I have applied early 2012 I think and haven't heard a single word back since then.

Did an integrated training in Germany so only low hours, MCC and JOC, everythig is valid, ME IR MED.
Is there anything I am missing, they are asking for? Some advise or facts about how it worked for you is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance and good luck to all of you.

WILGA2000
20th Aug 2014, 22:41
ANYONE GOES TO DUBLIN 02/09?

Aleboni
20th Aug 2014, 22:46
Quite easy technical: stall,mixture and throttle and stop. I don't understand why i didn't pass:=

Thisner
21st Aug 2014, 10:22
Im going to Dublin 26th! :)

Coldmix
21st Aug 2014, 10:41
eagledream: I'm going 1st September too!

ELCHICOVOLANTE
21st Aug 2014, 12:52
Hi!
It's so sad my post.
I had the opportunity of assessment on 19th August but I had a problem with my family and I asked to postpone my day.
I would like to know if there will be a possibility to have a new date.
Anyway ;hope all the guys went well with their interview.
Does anybody was there that day??:uhoh:
If you can tell me about your experience
Have a great time

Aluminium shuffler
21st Aug 2014, 17:41
How many thousands of applicants do you think they get? And how many hundreds of test candidates a year? The excellent candidates stand out well enough to get a quick decision, the more average go into a mix bag to be decided in competition once the batch have all been tested, so it takes more than a week. If you have that little patience, you won't last in the industry!

As for the German chap who applied two years ago and had no response, try again - your details will be lost under a mountain of other applications and assumed to be out of date anyway.

olmedo
21st Aug 2014, 20:55
Hi there everyone, 1st of September as well.

Parmo
22nd Aug 2014, 08:30
Hey,

anybody else here, who starts the Typerating in EMA on the 06.10??

Cheers

olmedo
23rd Aug 2014, 08:26
So far...the same process I could read on this post. They just double check the info you have already sent them. Easy going and kind the girl who made my phone interview, by the end there was a listening, she is going to read it twice, and you will given the chance to explain what you would do in that situation. Total time on the phone ....less than 5 minutes, good luck to everyone.

elmore81
23rd Aug 2014, 17:04
Has anyone failed to get through the telephone (or as far as the telephone) interview recently. If so, why?

OhNoCB
23rd Aug 2014, 23:49
I think common reasons to fail the telephone interview are for theory fails, LST fails, having already failed the assessment before and perhaps if you are deemed to have insufficient language skills. I am unsure about the last one as either the language test/sentence thing is new or is not done with native English speakers (or it may be down to the judgement of the interviewer).

FWIW, 'interview' is the wrong term for the telephone call. It really is just a quick fact gathering exercise.

tom_the_pilot
24th Aug 2014, 23:02
Hi, @Parmo.

I'm also starting the Type Rating at East Midlands on the 6th October. Look forward to meeting you there.

Guys, I don't have time this evening, but tomorrow I will post a comprehensive review of my assessment day. I wish you all good luck.

sanjayaguiar
25th Aug 2014, 10:03
Yes! I am starting on the 6th aswell

Pittslover
25th Aug 2014, 21:05
Anyone been invited with ATPL resits? Some feedback would be great :ok:

Vone Rotate
26th Aug 2014, 08:20
Does anyone know if you can reapply yet? For ages they would not accept applicants who previously applied.
I Failed the sim in 09 but been instructing since and would like to apply again. Cheers in advance

Erwan
26th Aug 2014, 10:06
Hi guys,

I applied to to this program back in November and I've been contacted by CAE last week.
I did a SEP flight this week end in order to have a flight within 6 months.
I then sent my documents on saturday night after my flight

Monday morning, I got an email saying that they would send the documents to Ryanair for their approval.

I was therefore expecting to wait 1-3 weeks for them to come back for the phone interview, but this morning I had already an email telling me that they would try to call me before the end of the week.

Have you ever experienced a process that quick?
Should I expect an assesment day next week of in two weeks time? How long did you wait guys?

Thanks

FEDEFLY
26th Aug 2014, 11:06
Hi Guys,
I am wondering if you heard recently about some older guy(i am 34) like me :-) that passed the assessment or went to the selection.
I heard many rumors about limit age to consider application for older guy like me. I think and it's quite normal consider first young guys.
Do you think they will be consider my application?

ValePilot
26th Aug 2014, 11:16
Does anyone know if you can reapply yet? For ages they would not accept applicants who previously applied.
I Failed the sim in 09 but been instructing since and would like to apply again. Cheers in advance

I lately I heard that some person has been called for a second chanche! A friend of a friend of mine, he failed his assessment last year and now called again. I failed mine last June 2013; I applied again but nothing...

VALERIO89
26th Aug 2014, 15:58
Hi Fedefly,
I haven't never heard about limit age,
but sincerely I don't know how they choose their pilot.
A friend of mine did his assessment with all guys 30 ys.
Another guy who finished the training with me , did the interview with only 20 ys people so..... who knows????
Anyway let me know, share your experience ,
it could be useful for all older ppruners! :-)

aheyes567
26th Aug 2014, 23:33
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505121906391543/

For anyone on TR CAE1408 AMS

Cloudsurfer2305
27th Aug 2014, 08:43
Hey folks.... I am new here and I think I have a problem ;)
Last week I recived the CAE email asking me to send my CV, the ATPL, CPL and MEIR results and the answers asked..

The answers and the CV was no problem but then I just sent back my ATPL Theory results .... someone told me that they also want the Skill Test results---????
I have no idea? Can someone please help me? You think the ATPL results are enough or not? Should I send a second mail???

Thanks

british100percent
27th Aug 2014, 10:29
Hi there,
I did my assessment 19th August 2014 in Dublin....
Anybody there that day?
I am still waiting for a call from Ryr.....hope very soon.
Did you receive any positive call?
Let me know.....

Cloudsurfer2305
27th Aug 2014, 12:13
Any expirience with the latestpilotjobs.com Ryanair Preparation?

Niok
27th Aug 2014, 14:46
Dear all
After having sent my ATPL,CPL,MEIR results, I got a positive feedback. I should have a short interview by telephone.
In case I succeed, I will attend to the assessment. Does anyone know how to prepare this assessment :
- List of questions - technical / personal
- SIM program
- Other advice? dresscode etc...
I got 250hrs flown and I have never been in a 737 simulator (only A320). Do you think it is worth to prepare it in depth (callout, flow etc...)
Thank you all for your input !
Cheers

(PS: I have started to work on the famous "Ace the technical Pilot int." - is there any list of typical ryr question?)

Aleboni
27th Aug 2014, 22:24
Situation is the following: i did the assessment on 12th august in dublin and i haven't still received a feedback. Other guys on my day and.even of later days received a positive feedback. Are there some guys with negative feedback after 12th of august?

eagledream
28th Aug 2014, 09:35
Any feedback from recent interviews in dublin guys?

Mitch1989
28th Aug 2014, 09:43
When were you there?

VALERIO89
28th Aug 2014, 09:44
No feedback at the moment
:{:{:{

FL410Z
28th Aug 2014, 16:08
Could anybody please post a feedback from last week?
Very much appreciated ;-):ok:

Cloudsurfer2305
28th Aug 2014, 17:42
Can anyone tell us about the tech questions they are asking now?? Would be great ;) .. Thanks guys...

lele09131
29th Aug 2014, 16:33
Hello everyone, first of all congrats to all of you who got the great news and good luck to those of you still waiting.
I have a question and I would like to know if anyone is in the same situation or in the position to give advice: I received an email from CAE on the 24th of July asking for my CV which has been sent the same night. The following day they replied saying that my CV has been sent to RYR for approval. They then advised me that my telephone interview would be scheduled on the 5th of August. During the telephone interview other than the general questions about the licences and results I have also been asked if I ever worked for them in any other capacity (cabin crew, ground ops etc). I did, 2007-2008 and I said it. The lady said that I would know the outcome by email after approx 4 days but haven't heard ever since. Do you know if by being a previous employer 6 years ago could penalise my application, and if so, why would they let me wait so long even to tell me no?

Should I send them an email or just wait? Please advice!!!!

Thisner
29th Aug 2014, 20:08
Interview 26th, posetive response 29th. Last in for interview, very few simple questions. Very relaxed day and a lot of jokes. Not happy about the simsession but well well. :)

Cloudsurfer2305
30th Aug 2014, 17:49
Thisner .. great Job congrats ... can you tell me about your tech interview?

Wgr
30th Aug 2014, 19:46
Could anyone please post a more detailed feedback about the interviews that are being held in Dublin? Tech questions?..

Thanks!!

maestroplt
1st Sep 2014, 19:06
first of all, COngrats to those who has passed the interviews! I´d like to be one of these lol! I´m preparing because I want to go to the interview and I would appreciate being told what kind of technical questions they are asking.

Thanks in advance.

Climb Thrust, Clean Speed
1st Sep 2014, 19:33
Hi there
I have just been offered an interview on the 11th September in Dublin.
Any guys with some recent experience of this interview and sim? If so could you post any helpful information or pm me. Thanks

Quick date line of application.
First applied through the CAE website on the 07/08/14, was asked for my CV and other documents on the 20/08/14. CV sent to Ryanair for approval on the 28/08/14, email about phone interview and phone call on the 01/09/14.

marcoBCN
1st Sep 2014, 20:07
Two weeks??

:{

I applied one year ago.. and still no news..
Anyway, I wish you the best of Luck!!

Cloudsurfer2305
2nd Sep 2014, 09:50
Hey guys... what did they asked you on the phone interview???

Cygnet720
2nd Sep 2014, 14:50
Well I guess my wait time is not that dramatic yet. Waiting since April, all my coursemates already received the invites for assessment months ago.

speed_alive_rotate
2nd Sep 2014, 16:11
Guys those who got the call could you just include bit of Info. For example age, location, first time passes in ATPLs? First time passes in Flight Exams. Thanks guys, might just give the people waiting to hear a bit of an insight as to the madness that is the recruitment policy!!!

PeppyJeppy
3rd Sep 2014, 21:12
I know a few UK and Spanish guys call for interview but I assume from what I'm hearing there are still no Irish getting a call?

Piperman29
5th Sep 2014, 20:11
Hi Guys.

Just thought I would say I got the job after my Dublin interview. Interview was quite straight forward and most tech question did come out the Handling big Jets. The thing I was worried about the most was the Sim Assessment. If it helps anybody I found this company in Nottingham called Simspot. They have ex-Ryanair TRI's doing a assessment course on a 737NG and they helped hugely. The sim is quite the same as on the assessment day and afterwards we talked what I could expect on the day. I would highly recommend them.

goaround_track
8th Sep 2014, 12:39
can not understand what really was the problem... the lady english accent or your phone?

Cloudsurfer2305
8th Sep 2014, 13:10
Ok i recived the second call... all fine ;) ... Anybody here for the 18.09 Assessment in Dublin?