PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Antonyx
20th Apr 2016, 14:24
Has anybody figured out what it means when an application cannot be edited anymore?
Has anybody been invited for an assesment while his application was "view" only?
Please guys if anybody knows let me know.... thank you.

pilot0
20th Apr 2016, 14:39
Hi!

I need one example of "flight school report". Can you help me? Thank you pilots!!

On the other hand, I can edit my application with the new system ;)

P06T
20th Apr 2016, 18:03
Does anyone know how to erase the training request because I submitted one by mistake (due to an error in my browser)? Can I contact CAE through some way?

Topper Pimpi
21st Apr 2016, 07:25
Sadly I was not successful That's bad because I was really positive about the assessment, not over confident but, you know... My sim mate was very surprised as he feared same fate for him too. But fortunately he passed happy for him.
Probably the problem was my old style MCC dated 10+ years, so no standard fancy acronims like DODAR and stuff like that, just standard call outs and common sense...not enough maybe
I will try again next year, hope they will not wait another 7 years to call me back
Next time I'll do an MCC refresh. It's not the age, it's not the age, it's not the age, it's not the age, it's not the age, it's not the age....

Good luck to all of you outta here :ok:

stathisK
21st Apr 2016, 09:59
i'm cae1610 in amsterdam, but i can't send you a private message, don't know why.
Hey guys! Here is the Facebook group for CAE 1610 Amsterdam!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1200407473303635/members/

sgh103
21st Apr 2016, 15:34
Anyone in Dublin the 4th of may for the assessment? Feel free to send me a PM

Gumpsdone
22nd Apr 2016, 12:01
Hey guys,
Anyone received the phone call "interview" before upload all the documentation? At the end of the my call, I was advised to upload all the documentation, and after that I would be contacted by email, and I don't received any date for assessment.. Do you think this is a regular situation?

Thanks in advance.

sergentediferro
23rd Apr 2016, 22:19
Hey guys,
Anybody knows if an MCC/JOC course with CAE (Ryanair Sop) may actually help in having an interview/assessment with Ryanair?
Thanks.

RedBullGaveMeWings
24th Apr 2016, 11:31
No, actually you might stand a little more chance, according to some rumours I heard, if you go to Simtech in Dublin. These are only rumours, actually they don't really care where you did your MCC/JOC as long as you have it done.

Live your dream
24th Apr 2016, 17:19
The fact of doing the MCC/JOC with CAE will only give you a good knowledge about RYR Sop's but will not give you any advantage at the time of getting an interview as they told me. IT will help you if you get an invitation because you will feel ready.

RYR used to use Simtech's sim that is why many guys from Simtech got hired, because they were more familia with the sim. But Simtech will not give you anything else than a high quality MCC/JOC as I was also told by many friends.

ebro96
24th Apr 2016, 20:14
Would you add a picture to your CV or not? I have heard a lot of ppl against portrait pictures on your CV, then a bunch of 'em in favour.

Cheers guys.

P.S.: Almost a year waiting for the call already. CV without portrait pic.

V0LC0M
24th Apr 2016, 21:06
Did any of you guys contact CAE about problems with the status profile "EDIT/VIEW" through the new email???

I can read this in my application:

"For any technical problems related to your Ryanair application, please send an email to XXX.com"...??

Finnpilot
25th Apr 2016, 12:13
Hi guys!

As it seems the application form and system has been updated so that now they want you to upload various documents. For you guys that have uploaded the requested documents, did you get a confirmation of succesful uploads or anything?
Because I did the uploads for all de mandatory documents plus a few more, but still when I log into my account, that red text mentioning the required documents need to be uploaded exists... I sent them an e-mail asking about this but I haven't recieved an answer yet..

Any toughts?

Cheers.

flyhigh2
26th Apr 2016, 09:35
Anyone on the 1612 course starting 18/07?

P06T
27th Apr 2016, 14:25
Did any of you guys contact CAE about problems with the status profile "EDIT/VIEW" through the new email???

I can read this in my application:

"For any technical problems related to your Ryanair application, please send an email to XXX.com"...??

I have just sent them an email about an issue I had but am awaiting a reply. Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the bases selected?

V0LC0M
27th Apr 2016, 15:42
I'm waiting for their reply also... So, as soon as I get some answer, I will keep you updated
If someone get some infomation, please contact me.

captain.weird
28th Apr 2016, 11:53
@kaczmar, did you do your flight training in Poland? If yes, may I ask you where you did your MCC(/JOC)?

nick14
28th Apr 2016, 18:55
Anybody have any good tech study resources for the type rating?

Er22
29th Apr 2016, 12:53
Hi guys!
Anyone in cae1607?
TR beginning on the 20th of june in AMS.

Rave4B
29th Apr 2016, 15:41
I'm very bewildered ..... 2 weeks ago I recieved the email that I would be called in the next 14 days via phone. Today was the last day of the deadline. Nobody called me. What should I think about that ??

Did they forgot me ? Any experiences about that ?

Falcon37lc
29th Apr 2016, 15:45
Hi guys,
Is there any possibility to change the base preferences after completing the application and is there also any kind of connection with the number they gave you after having submitted the application with the order of the calls?
Any answer will be appreciated.
Cheers

Falcon37lc
29th Apr 2016, 16:09
I know some friend od mine that were called one week after the deadline date, maybe is your situation Rave4B Hold on

P06T
29th Apr 2016, 18:23
Hi guys,
Is there any possibility to change the base preferences after completing the application and is there also any kind of connection with the number they gave you after having submitted the application with the order of the calls?
Any answer will be appreciated.
Cheers

Same question. Tried emailing them but no reply.

Er22
30th Apr 2016, 14:23
Hey guys,
I am also on course CAE1607
Hi guys, me too!is there any fbgroup already??

Tom91
1st May 2016, 09:13
Hi guys, anyone for cae1609 in AMS?
Hey Antonio, I'm in CAE1609! Is there already a facebookgroup?

pilot0
1st May 2016, 10:32
Hi!

Someone had a call from CAE yesterday to go to Dublin? Any dates for the assessment in this month?

TheSkiingPilot
1st May 2016, 15:06
Hi guys!

As it seems the application form and system has been updated so that now they want you to upload various documents. For you guys that have uploaded the requested documents, did you get a confirmation of succesful uploads or anything?
Because I did the uploads for all de mandatory documents plus a few more, but still when I log into my account, that red text mentioning the required documents need to be uploaded exists... I sent them an e-mail asking about this but I haven't recieved an answer yet..

Any toughts?

Cheers.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I logged back in to check of any updates, and found I needed to upload documents. So once I uploaded them, I got no email of confirmation and the red text is still up there. So I have no idea what's going on! Applied late Feb and still no sign of a reply :(

Tom91
1st May 2016, 15:28
Hey guys, I'm in CAE1609 too. Is there already a facebook group?

SetTOThrust
1st May 2016, 17:35
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my situation.

I went to create an account with CAE to apply for Ryanair as we are all supposed to.

The problem is that having the system changed from last time I did not notice that I had to upload all that bunch of documents.

After 4 weeks wondering why I was not getting any call, I went on pprune and noticed that everyone was talking about those documents to be uploaded. I went back to check my CAE account and found the page where all the documents needed to be uploaded. (yes dumb me)

I think is ridicules that they allow you to submit your application with nothing from stopping you from doing so without having uploaded the documents. A WARNING would have been appreciated.

All I can say is that when I was about to upload my documents, I went and press EDIT on the Training Request page and a phrase came out saying :"you cannot edit your application because is under review".

All I am thinking now is that I am screwed because CAE went through my application but didn't find any documents and therefore trashed me somewhere.

The day after, I opened my account again and this time that message did not appear so I was able to edit my account infos and upload the documents requested.

I am not too sure if now CAE has received an alert about me uploading the documents but I really don't think so.

am I trashed for life now ?!

RunBoyRun
2nd May 2016, 13:23
Hi guys!
Anyone in cae1607?
TR beginning on the 20th of june in AMS.
Send me a message! :)

SeventhHeaven
2nd May 2016, 16:56
That rumour has been floating around for at least 1.5 years. Would be great, but don't count on it. They still have plenty of people waiting for a call, willing to pay their own TR.

Also, please note that everyone, including you and me, can edit the information on PPJN.

Rave4B
2nd May 2016, 18:18
Got a email today: Because of too many applications, my application was rejected. I waited 2 weeks for that one call and after that duration and a email of myself, I get this.
No words for it.

P06T
3rd May 2016, 06:15
That's sad to hear... What is your background?

vidro1
3rd May 2016, 08:26
Hello guys!
Anyone in FR1610 starting on 4th July in EMA?

xrichx
3rd May 2016, 10:44
Got a email today: Because of too many applications, my application was rejected. I waited 2 weeks for that one call and after that duration and a email of myself, I get this.
No words for it.
Maybe it was better you did not email them at all. I know about people that have been called even after the deadline. Maybe they got bored about people that complain for everything. Do not forget how many applications they receive daily!!!! Anyone had same experience of Rave4B????

Falcon37lc
3rd May 2016, 11:05
Is pretty strange that they gave you that answer Rave4B, there have been recently many problems directly related to the CAE system,as far as I am concerned, with many guys that after having uploaded their document they found out that the system hadn't submitted any of those document.

alphavictor
3rd May 2016, 11:09
Hello Guys !

Everything goes very quick for me.

Application in March, first email with CV request last friday and second email telling that I will receive the phone call within two weeks on saturday.
Got the call this morning and invited for a selection in hangar2 next Tuesday 10th May.

Any of you at this selection ?

zecrac
4th May 2016, 10:27
Hi Guys

same here, but assessment 17th May at simtech

PM for those who are the same day

xrichx
5th May 2016, 09:06
Application in March, first email with CV request last friday and second email telling that I will receive the phone call within two weeks on saturday.
Got the call this morning and invited for a selection in hangar2 next Tuesday 10th May.
Do they ask you to forward your cv by email?? Don't you simply upload it in the application?

V0LC0M
5th May 2016, 11:08
Once they contact you, it's the first thing they will ask you. At least, a few months ago..

alphavictor
6th May 2016, 09:12
I uploaded my CV and all documents on the CAE portal but they asked me my CV again by email.

xrichx
6th May 2016, 11:27
Hey guys...a friend of mine got the call this morning. He told me it lasted a couple of mins..they said him just "are you Mr bla bla that sent application?" Can you get to London on 10th? ok will send you a mail to confirm. According to you is that possible?!

dario.monai
6th May 2016, 14:43
Hello everybody!

I have been told by the guys that passed the assessment with me and that are starting in in these months the TR (while I postponed my course to October) that RYR needs the Identity History Summary (no arrest certificate) for those people who spent more than 6 months with no interruption in the USA.

In order to obtain that the FBI needs you to send to them your fingerprints.

Here comes the trouble: in Italy no government office would take my fingerprints and release me the hardcopy (the law here does not allow that, as far as the officers told me). Does anybody know if it is possible to do that in any other country in Europe?

Thank you.

FWIflyer
6th May 2016, 17:02
I uploaded my CV and all documents on the CAE portal but they asked me my CV again by email.

So lucky you man ! That means you are going to the assessment soon !

sergentediferro
6th May 2016, 20:26
Hi Dario. What do you mean for "people who spent more than 6 months with no interruption in the USA"? Even if that happened 15 years ago?
Thanks.

EIPCW
6th May 2016, 22:50
Hey guys...a friend of mine got the call this morning. He told me it lasted a couple of mins..they said him just "are you Mr bla bla that sent application?" Can you get to London on 10th? ok will send you a mail to confirm. According to you is that possible?!

A friend you say...... Why doubt his words?

dario.monai
6th May 2016, 23:40
Hi Dario. What do you mean for "people who spent more than 6 months with no interruption in the USA"? Even if that happened 15 years ago?
Thanks.

During the past 5 years

xrichx
7th May 2016, 07:31
Because I have read in this forum that during call they are used to ask you some questions..plus he didn't receive any mail yet..and 10th is in 3 days...could they fire you during the call? that's why it sounded weird to me..

xrichx
7th May 2016, 07:34
1)Because 10th comes in three days...2)I know that during the call they ask you some questions 3)maybe they can fire you during the call for any reason
That's why it sounded weird to me but of course I hope for him he gets the confirmation mail

Mome2403
8th May 2016, 12:21
Hey everyone,

I'm approaching the end of my flight-training.
I was woundering if anyone knows what Ryanair' views on High-School grades are.
I didn't do extremely well, and am also missing a few classes to be able to get my full HS diploma. Is this a problem?
I am planning on taking those classes when time permits, but I am therefore woundering if I should do that before applying for Ryanair or if I can apply as soon as I'm done with training.
When I'm finished with my flight training (Intergrated course) I'll have about 300 hours where of 150 are PIC (I had my PPL before starting my course, that's why I'll have more than the Intergrated course minimum requirement).
So say I have 300 TT, 150 PIC, CPL/ME-IR, JOC/MCC, 1st time passes on all ATPL exams (age 19). Do I stand a chance getting a job with Ryanair?

Thanks for answering!

I have the same problem with HS diploma, do you had some problem with ryanair or they dont care?

Finnpilot
8th May 2016, 12:27
Did you get any kind of confirmation e-mail after you uploaded the documents, or did the red text, that suggests to upload the documents disappear?
I am wondering because I have uploaded everything and the suggestion still exists there when I log in.

V0LC0M
9th May 2016, 08:14
Me too... I didn't get any green success confirmation like before when you had updated your application.

ShyTallKnight
9th May 2016, 08:22
Same as above re: document upload and 'red text' I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. It's just how the website has been designed.

Arsenbim
10th May 2016, 11:55
Hi everybody,

Do you know if Ryanair offers you the choice of dates for the TR course? In other words, are they flexible with the starting day?

many thanks for the answer

avenue
10th May 2016, 16:04
Hello guys!
Anyone in FR1610 starting on 4th July in EMA?

I'll be there! Is there a Facebook Group already or so?

Arsenbim
10th May 2016, 17:19
Hey everybody,

Do you know if once you succeed at the assessment, FR gives you the choice of the starting dates for the TR course? In other words, are they flexible with the starting dates?

Cheers.

karris7
10th May 2016, 17:36
the web page of the question bank offer a summary of the book "ACE the technical pilot interview" for free, and there is a free version of the question bank.

chompi
10th May 2016, 17:46
Question bank and ACE.

I passed my assessment a few weeks ago, I'm really confident about the outcome, i had use the question bank from skyinstructor.com, i looked the latestpilotjobs as well and decided to go for the first one because they have a free version so i saw was i was purchasing.

Ryan was suposed to hire 800 pilots this year, from january they lost 400, so... IT IS THE TIME!

leoncillo
10th May 2016, 19:53
Hi guys! this is my first email, and I have a question.On 29th of April I recived the famous CV request email, and I answered all the questions that they asked me, but I didn't send my CV because in my email didn't appear cleary if I should sent my CV. I need your help, because I friend told me that is completely necessary to send the CV in that email.

ASHTAM
10th May 2016, 19:55
I have exactly the same as the above. I have not managed to put in a school report (reason being the school I was with went bust) has anyone had this problem with not having a school report??

DomBa3110
11th May 2016, 11:52
Hey everybody,

is anyone else here in T/R course FR1609 in EMA?

Is there a facebook group or something?

Greetings

Rose2012
11th May 2016, 15:19
Hi guys i'm rated FO on B737 , i have the RYR assessment test at the end of the month, i have no idea what will be the technical test . is it about B737 or ATPL questions?
what about simulator test? which kind of plates , exercices will have.
is there anyone who give me some feed back.

Thanks guys for your help.

MarvT
11th May 2016, 17:20
Everyone, who will start the TR at EMA on the 20.06.2016, feel free to join our FR1609 Facebook group :ok:

TheSkiingPilot
13th May 2016, 11:14
I sent an application to RYA late Feb, hadn't got any reply so I went back onto the application site, and found out I needed to upload more documents. So once I uploaded them, the red text which asked me to do so in the first place, remains there. I got no confirmation of submission after I uploaded the documents, so I don't know whether my application has been resubmitted. I have been waiting for 3 months now.

Would it be a bad idea to reapply/make another application?
Cheers.

alphavictor
13th May 2016, 17:31
Hi everyone,

I got the assessment last week in Hangar 2. Pretty straight forward.

I started with the sim.

Sim scenario

EGGP 27 WAL2T
Amended clearance, straight ahead until 3DME, right turn hdg 360° , climbing 4000ft.
Some GH exercices with climb, descent, acceleration, deceleration, turns.
Position fixing with QDM/QDR from LVP NDB
Interceptions QDM/QDR to NDB
Approaching the hold, fire in cabine (Fly/Navigate/Communicate, Transfer Control, DODAR + NITS, Radar u/s, Full NDB ILS 27).

More or less the same for my partner

HR Interview

Just 25'

- What do you think about your Sim session ?
- Why did you do your training in UK?
- Why did you do your MCC with Simtech?
- Do you have any brother/sister?
- Weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you know about Ryanair?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have friends working for RYR?
- When can you start the TR?
- Can you pay for it?

- How does a wing stall?
- What are the engines of the 737?
- How many seats in the 737?
- What is the wing sweep angle of the 737?

Waiting for the answer.

Do you know the average to get the answer ?

Good luck to everyone. ;-)

Eavr
13th May 2016, 18:17
I sent an application to RYA late Feb, hadn't got any reply so I went back onto the application site, and found out I needed to upload more documents. So once I uploaded them, the red text which asked me to do so in the first place, remains there. I got no confirmation of submission after I uploaded the documents, so I don't know whether my application has been resubmitted. I have been waiting for 3 months now.

Would it be a bad idea to reapply/make another application?
Cheers.
I applied in early January and have not been asked for CV yet. so as you, I am waiting to be selected. It does take time and patience is required. Some people here have waited for years, while others for a few weeks.

ShyTallKnight
14th May 2016, 04:11
As above. Just relax. The CAE system is clearly a lottery.

speed_alive_rotate
14th May 2016, 10:04
Just a quick check of a Tech question Ryanair seem to ask alot regarding swept wings. Has anybody been asked this exact or similar question

Why so important to prevent stall at the root of a swept back wing?

Somebody was telling me they ask this but maybe they were confused a little or is it a trick question , obviously for swept back wings we want the root to stall rather than the tip , which has a natural tendency to stall first which we prevent with various devices on our wings.
Would be great to hear feedback from people who were asked this.

Also many thanks to @alphavictor for his detailed account of the interview day, it greatly helps us all waiting for a call. And many thanks to all who have gotten back to me with such great advice and detail.
If you were lucky enough to get an invite please post your experiences as it helps all on this thread.
Many thanks.

V0LC0M
14th May 2016, 11:40
Spanish Guys¡¡

Do any of you have a translation to ENGLISH of this?? "Copy of Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR) result"
I have mine in Spanish and there is not a English copy at AESA website:
Formularios de avión - Procedimientos para examinadores y formularios de pruebas de vuelo - Pilotos - Profesionales del sector aéreo - Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento (http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/lang_castellano/prof_sector/pilotos/proc_e_form_prueb_v/f_avion/default.aspx)

I was able to find an english copy of the CPL exam, however i couldn`t find ME/IR exám translated to English.

Thanks in advance.

bellarte.1989
14th May 2016, 16:29
Hi guys, Anyone going to Dublin for the assessment the 1st of June?

I also read back in the forum this question: "What is the wing sweep angle of the 737?" Isn't this a too technical question for a cadet with no knowledge of the B737?
Like asking to face a smoke in cabin emergency during the sim check...
Maybe that was just for an experienced FO not for cadets...
Anyone knows something more about it?
Thanks

P06T
14th May 2016, 18:18
Just a quick check of a Tech question Ryanair seem to ask alot regarding swept wings. Has anybody been asked this exact or similar question

Why so important to prevent stall at the root of a swept back wing?

Somebody was telling me they ask this but maybe they were confused a little or is it a trick question , obviously for swept back wings we want the root to stall rather than the tip , which has a natural tendency to stall first which we prevent with various devices on our wings.
Would be great to hear feedback from people who were asked this.

Also many thanks to @alphavictor for his detailed account of the interview day, it greatly helps us all waiting for a call. And many thanks to all who have gotten back to me with such great advice and detail.
If you were lucky enough to get an invite please post your experiences as it helps all on this thread.
Many thanks.

If that question is actually asked then I agree that it is a trick question. For a swept wing it is undersirable but natural for it to stall at the wing tips first. The tendency of a swept back wing to tip stall is due to the induced spanwise flow of the boundary layer from root to tip. We would prevent this with the use of auto slats, vortilons or fences.

https://youtu.be/a4V8W31YwTQ

FWIflyer
14th May 2016, 18:31
@bellarte.1989 It's like homework. Now you know the question so look for the answer and the explanation. Not really tricky !

alphavictor
15th May 2016, 05:22
For the sweep angle of the 737, they just want to see if you have made some research on the aircraft they operate.
It is 25deg, they sometimes ask why 25 and not 27? Better compromise for aerodynamic efficiency and margin between low Mach buffet and high speed buffet.

I apply through the CAE cadet portal and finished my training 2 months ago. I am not type rated on the 737. Just 350h (SEP/MEP).

speed_alive_rotate
15th May 2016, 08:04
Thanks so much for the response @P06T , I thought that was the case alright. And a very interesting video link also , many thanks,

RKM81
16th May 2016, 14:49
Hi guys,

Anyone in FR1611 in EMA, introducting week starting on 11th july and TR starting on 25th july?

jadrolinija
16th May 2016, 16:04
Hello everyone! I am interested about application for CAE Ryanair scheme, does anyone know max. number of attempts for ATPL test? I heard it is max. 1 failed even I heard also that they are many people with more than one failed exam.

Thank you in advance!

alzavola
16th May 2016, 16:06
Hello guys, anyone in CAE 1613 starting on 25th July in AMS? Any facebook group? Feel free to PM!

TheSkiingPilot
16th May 2016, 23:38
Would I instantly be rejected if I reapplied to Ryanair? I applied end of Feb this year, but the site keeps telling me I need to upload required documents even though I've done this.

ShyTallKnight
17th May 2016, 03:11
As previously said and judging by the number of people with the same 'issue', I am fairly sure that the 'upload documents' text in red is just a feature of the website/page rather than an error or indicator that documents haven't been uploaded. Read the rest of the thread, it's a complete lottery as to when or even, if, you'll be called for selection.

alphavictor
17th May 2016, 09:50
Hello,

I got the email this morning, I passed and should start the Type Rating on the 18th of July in AMS.

Good luck to everyone.

Afterburners
17th May 2016, 11:49
Hi guys,

Anyone in FR1611 in EMA, introducting week starting on 11th july and TR starting on 25th july?

Hi RKM81,
I'm in cae1611, intro 11/07 EMA, but TR 01/08 AMS..

flyhigh2
17th May 2016, 12:05
Hi
I'm in AMS starting the TR 8 of Augus, anyone else starting on the same day?

vidro1
17th May 2016, 12:43
For those who will start the introduction on 4 july and TR on 18 july in EMA, here there is the link for the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1718778298400029/

P06T
17th May 2016, 13:47
Hello everyone! I am interested about application for CAE Ryanair scheme, does anyone know max. number of attempts for ATPL test? I heard it is max. 1 failed even I heard also that they are many people with more than one failed exam.

Thank you in advance!

I got the same feedback

V0LC0M
17th May 2016, 15:36
Currently,its not a MUST.. I know several people, who have failed one or more subjects and got the job anyway.
Just tell the truth if they ask you. They need pilots¡

jadrolinija
17th May 2016, 16:00
] Thank you so much! That are great news! Can anyone advice if it is better to have B737 experience for simulator or to be only with MCC,and if I will have MCC made on 737sim, will they expect more from me than from someone who is flying the simulator for the first time?

sergentediferro
17th May 2016, 20:22
Hi guys, I applied for Ryanair. In the list of documents that they ask to upload there is a "copy of CPL result (1st series; partial; 2nd series; etc)", but since I have already an ATPL licence, what do you suggest to do?
Amongst other things in the training request in the CAE profile they don't consider the possibility that one could have an ATPL, but only a CPL or nothing at all.
Thank you all.

ciosbi
17th May 2016, 22:02
Hello guys, anyone in CAE 1613 starting on 25th July in AMS? Any facebook group? Feel free to PM!
Here I am, CAE1613 in Ams

stephen2688
18th May 2016, 00:32
For those who went to an assessment day with Ryanair, in the initial application, did you send a covering letter with your C.V.?

chris_mc87
18th May 2016, 07:56
Does anyone have information regarding whether or not it is beneficial to upload the flight school reports to your RYR CAE application.

The instructions state ' you are required to submit the following documents'
of which the flight school reports are not listed.

I took their instructions literally and only uploaded what was instructed.

My question is, has anyone been called without uploading the flight school reports and have people been called even though they have included them?

LuckyNumberSlevin
18th May 2016, 09:06
Hi guys,

Hi RKM81, I'm in FR1611. Same dates as you.

Lefthandcircuit
18th May 2016, 10:21
I thinking about if I should send an application towards Ryan or not.

The problem is the bucks, how do you finance a rating with Ryan? :rolleyes:

alzavola
18th May 2016, 16:31
Introduction week 25th july EMA - TR 15th august AMS, this is the Facebook group link:

https://web.facebook.com/groups/1035809529838856/?fref=ts

picapab
18th May 2016, 20:47
Yes, I was contacted without complete the uploading of the documents. However when I received the email I inmediately complete the upload.

Good luck!!!

EIPCW
18th May 2016, 22:52
I thinking about if I should send an application towards Ryan or not.

The problem is the bucks, how do you finance a rating with Ryan? :rolleyes:

Why not send an application and worry about the bucks if you're lucky enough to be invited

V0LC0M
19th May 2016, 07:35
Yes, I was contacted without complete the uploading of the documents. However when I received the email I inmediately complete the upload.

Good luck!!!
What did you upload at this point "Copy of Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR) result"??
Do you have any good translation from Spanish to English?

Thank you and good luck¡

Lefthandcircuit
19th May 2016, 09:29
Why not send an application and worry about the bucks if you're lucky enough to be invited
I am waiting for my school report. Meanwhile I am curious how people have manage to pay the rating. Do you get a bond, or pay upfront?

airbuske
19th May 2016, 15:08
anyone going on assessment on the 1 june?

P06T
19th May 2016, 18:17
I wish :) it would be really great if those called for an assessment share their background thanks!

chris_mc87
19th May 2016, 20:35
This is my point. The flight school report is not one of the required documents. So why wait on it? Did any one else upload the school reports?

chris_mc87
19th May 2016, 20:47
anyone going on assessment on the 1 june?
Airbuske when did you apply?

airbuske
20th May 2016, 05:55
2 weeks ago - direct entry FO 737

chris_mc87
20th May 2016, 06:46
All the best for the assessment Airbuske.

jadrolinija
20th May 2016, 08:58
Guys what do you think...will Ryanair recruit less people in 2017 as they will recruit 800 pilots in 2016? Are they expecting any new aircrafts in near future?

EC DKN
20th May 2016, 18:48
Ryanair has more than 380 Boeings and is up to have more than 500 in 2024! Boeings 737MAX 200 will start to arrive in 2017! If you take into account the number of aircrafts arriving and the massive leave they are suffering they will need a huge number of pilots for sure. However, there are plenty of pilots out there waiting for that call and wiling to pay...

alphavictor
20th May 2016, 19:35
Starting the Type Rating on the CAE-1612
Introduction week : 18/07
Amsterdam : 4/08 - TR ground school
London LGW : beginning of September - Sim

Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/521332294744501/

Regards,

jadrolinija
20th May 2016, 19:38
Ryanair has more than 380 Boeings and is up to have more than 500 in 2024! Boeings 737MAX 200 will start to arrive in 2017! If you take into account the number of aircrafts arriving and the massive leave they are suffering they will need a huge number of pilots for sure. However, there are plenty of pilots out there waiting for that call and wiling to pay...

Thank you so much for your answer. I suppose they make priority list by the age and experience of a pilot even I am not sure about it.

Miauw777
21st May 2016, 14:22
Anyone for Dublin simtech assessment on Jun 1?

ironwings2014
21st May 2016, 21:05
Hi guys, if not a problem i would ask you some questions about this theme:
1)If you pass the interview, do you have any possibility to make a choice about the course date?
2)which payment method do they use and when do they want you to pay? before the course i suppose?
3)If, when you apply, you don't have the licences because you waiting to have 'em sent by the caa, could be this a problem?

Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

SeventhHeaven
21st May 2016, 21:53
1. Yes
2. They want money. Not grain, not salt, not your tight sexy booty; Just cold cash. To be paid in full through bank tranfer before commencing training. They don't care if you stole it or went into debt.
3. Not a problem

Peterfly1
22nd May 2016, 16:57
Hi there is a group on FB
Fr1609 Ema 20th June
You are welcome..

Hey everybody,

is anyone else here in T/R course FR1609 in EMA?

Is there a facebook group or something?

Greetings

ASHTAM
22nd May 2016, 20:16
i did not file a school report as the school i was with has long gone (Cabair) so i am not sure what to do. I have not had a call. I would be interested in seeing if anyone did not upload all the documents and got a call with people that did. I had a friend who did not have his ATPL exam results so could not upload them and they got a call...... ????

P06T
23rd May 2016, 15:04
Hi guys for those of you who got an email or a call how long did it take from the time of submission of your application?

Thank you.

karris7
23rd May 2016, 15:22
There is a question bank, with question from the phone call to the sim check (plates included), it is worth having a look at it. skyinstructor.com

flying jesse
23rd May 2016, 20:02
Hi guys,

Anyone here also in CAE1613 type rating? Feel free to pm me!

Lokki
23rd May 2016, 20:04
Or you could get all the questions, sim profile etc by reading through thread K?

V0LC0M
24th May 2016, 11:43
To all people who have failed a first assessment. Did any of you guys have a second chance to repeat it after July 2015 (Application form updated) ?

Cheers¡

mateusz
24th May 2016, 17:10
In case you are looking for the tech exam questions: https://goo.gl/cLXFiW

sgh103
24th May 2016, 20:02
Hi guys,

since I've read all the 300 pages of this topic and I've found it extremely usefull, I want to share my experience:

05/04/16 - portal subscription
11/04/16 - upload of the documents request
14/04/16 - CV request
20/04/16 - phone call
04/05/16 - assessment

Sim: EMA, t/o rwy hdg, at 2 dme turn left hdg 210, to 5000ft.
Acceleration, deceleration, QDM and QDR exercises, direct to the NDB, smoke coming from the toilet, ILS

Tech interview: seats on the 73, jetstream, swept wings, ac and dc current

HR interview: weakest point, what do you know about ryr, do you know anyone in ryr, do you have the money for the TR, why did you choose that school

Background: TT 200hr, no ATPL exams or skills tests failures, 27years old

What happened at the assessment was already written here.

sergentediferro
24th May 2016, 20:19
Hy guys,
anybody knows how to change the base preferences in the CAE online application? If this is not possible, anybody knows how your base preferences change anything at all in the assessment process?
Thanks you all!

P06T
24th May 2016, 20:27
AFAIK you can't...I can not wrap my head around this. You can actually select the same base 3 times.

demolition_man
24th May 2016, 21:30
For those of you guys who asked what kind of questions they're giving you on the phone interview;

Basically its just a test to see how good your english are.
I only got questions regarding my licenses and my latest flight ( the date of my latest flight, when I did my skilltest for the IR/ME/CPL etc.), and the validity of my IR/ME. And that was it! :p

If you get the email where it says that they will call you, just sit down and wait for the call. It can take one day or it can take two weeks.
They called me the very same day they send me that email... :ok:
Hi There, I got the same Phone call, but I haven't heard back from them. It was 14 days ago that they called me. When did they invite you to do the assesment? How many days afther the phone call?

Cheers!

FWIflyer
24th May 2016, 22:23
Come on guys ! Base selection really ? They don't care about your base selection. They will ask you so many times to do your base requests if you get the job. 3 for LT and 5 for permanent. So Ta ke your ACE, sit down, relax, study and wait for the 1st contact from CAE.

Cheers

P06T
25th May 2016, 14:44
So I got this email. I doubt it has anything to do with my application though???

Dear Applicant,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in the CAE B737NG Type-Rating Program, for which your application is currently being considered.

We currently receive a high volume of candidates for our Type Rating Program and unfortunately we cannot offer a place to every candidate who applies to the course. With this in mind we would like to take this opportunity to highlight a unique opportunity that could fast track your career as a pilot that is currently available at Ryanair’s Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland...

TheSkiingPilot
25th May 2016, 16:27
Received the same email.

P06T
26th May 2016, 06:28
23 - I don't know if such an email is sent to everyone

omepiloot
26th May 2016, 07:49
Received the same email. I applied the begin of March and I didn't hear anything yet. I was wondering what is the TR-number of the people who are invited maybe they follow a list and start with the people who are registered earlier than other people.

TheSkiingPilot
26th May 2016, 09:27
I'm 19, so yes doubt it depends on age. Don't worry about that.

zecrac
26th May 2016, 16:48
Hi
Just want to share my experience as it was very useful for me

First apply 11/02/2016 cae portal
Update docs one day before the official email
First Email 29/04 reply 30/04 answer 1h later
Call 03/05 (basic questions + why RYR and what make you a good pilot)
Interview 17/05 Simtech
Sim as usual EMA non standard DEP (RWY heading right or left at 3DME climb 5000ft), but examiner try to distract me and never froze the SIM even for cabin emergency and PM wasn't making my life easy
Interview as usual just one tech question, Why DA42 is a T tail.
Positive email 23/05
TR 5th Sep CAE1616 AMS

Feel free to PM :O

ASHTAM
26th May 2016, 19:39
hi
Has anyone received an email from CAE Thanking you for applying and that your application is being considered, but due to a high volume of candidates we cannot offer a place to every candidate who applies, with this in mind they would like to take this opportunity to highlight a unique opportunity that could fast track your career as a pilot that is currently available at Ryanair’s Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. They are offering a graduate program working for a year with them and then offer the type rating after. Anyone else had this email??

ego180
26th May 2016, 21:50
read the previous page

AMS
26th May 2016, 22:17
Lots have had it - having previously applied with relevant experience - it' still remains a lotto.......

I no longer get excited with the ryan propaganda - it's a load of :mad:

They have plenty to choose from and are clearly ageist

Sorry to sound so negative - never seen such a cowboy industry

P06T
27th May 2016, 05:30
But does that email mean anything?
It says that the application is still being considered.
Has anyone received a positive email after this?

dario.monai
27th May 2016, 06:48
yep, I have received that email and after a couple of months I was at the assessment (following the standard procedure: email asking for CV etc.). That email is just another job opportunity, if you wish to apply..

P06T
27th May 2016, 07:01
Thanks so much!

AMS
27th May 2016, 09:39
where does it say that it is still be considered......

I am truly hoping to be proved wrong

xrichx
27th May 2016, 11:53
Hi guys...just one info. I have read that generally during the assessment are 4 candidates. What is the average of pass? 4 out of 8...

P06T
27th May 2016, 12:57
where does it say that it is still be considered......

I am truly hoping to be proved wrong

First paragraph of the email

dario.monai
28th May 2016, 15:09
Hi guys...just one info. I have read that generally during the assessment are 4 candidates. What is the average of pass? 4 out of 8...
at my assessment we all passed..

Welli
29th May 2016, 12:06
Hi guys, is anyone invited to the assessment on the 09.06?

chris_mc87
30th May 2016, 10:10
Welli, When did you apply?

xrichx
30th May 2016, 11:46
Hi Dario, do u remember how many days have passed since u finished the assessment? Did u all receive the mail on the same day? Thx

Welli
30th May 2016, 12:39
Hey Chris, I applied on the 28.11.15

jadrolinija
30th May 2016, 15:23
Can anyone advice us how to prepare for assesment,especially for simulator part?

dario.monai
30th May 2016, 16:04
Hi Dario, do u remember how many days have passed since u finished the assessment? Did u all receive the mail on the same day? Thx
Hi xrichx, we did our assessment on the 30th of March and by the 5th of April evening we received the results by email, all of us at the same time

Usercir
30th May 2016, 17:58
Anyone on TR CAE1614 in Amsterdam?

speed_alive_rotate
31st May 2016, 09:37
Are Ryanair beginning to use Simtech again as well as their own Hangar 2 SIM?? It is obviously due to high demand. How much notice do you get on the Dublin location , I have an MCC done on similar to the Hangar 2 SIM , so was just curious should I get the call !!

SKYB737
31st May 2016, 14:37
Hey Welli, I'm also invited to the AC in Dublin on 09.06.
You can PM me.

Many greetings also from Germany

mankan
31st May 2016, 15:08
Hi guys
same old question I'm afraid

i wanted to see from the people that have had the email RECENTLY, when they applied? and whether or not the application number has an indication.

Many thanks

Aviate Navi. Commu.
2nd Jun 2016, 13:20
Hi People,

Just got the call :O and invited for AC Dublin 16.06..
Anyone Else going there? PM me!

chris_mc87
2nd Jun 2016, 15:37
Aviate navigation.commu.
When did you apply?

Toedwy
2nd Jun 2016, 15:55
Hey everyone,
Anybody else for the assessment on the 15th of June?
Kind Regards

Aviate Navi. Commu.
2nd Jun 2016, 16:05
In the beginning of May.

Loch Ness Monster
2nd Jun 2016, 17:22
Anyone on TR CAE1614 in Amsterdam?
Yes, See you in Amsterdam!!

P06T
3rd Jun 2016, 09:21
Applied beginning of May too. No reply yet - it feels like a lottery!

AMS
4th Jun 2016, 01:20
P06T - some of us have been waiting >3 years mate :(

its a total lotto.....

cptjack89
6th Jun 2016, 09:39
Anyone in Dublin HQ on June, 15?

V0LC0M
7th Jun 2016, 10:57
Change Password request? Anyone else???...

SeventhHeaven
7th Jun 2016, 12:21
Password change is required periodically. It is an automated message and happens every few months?

Don't want to be harsh mate, but you had a shot, unfortunately failed, and now you need to move on. Don't start reading something into every automated message because it will just break your heart .. At least, that is what happened to me.

V0LC0M
7th Jun 2016, 13:22
Indeed, I'm doing a lot of things SeventhHeaven, thanks for your concern.
I'm not expecting a second chance at all, at least so early. However, its interesting reading what`s going on.

stathisK
8th Jun 2016, 13:55
For those attending FR1612 in East Midlands, Join the group! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502191849989743/

oldkarim
8th Jun 2016, 16:40
Guys have you ever heard about the ryanair apc program? Who can give more detailed info?

Coli90
9th Jun 2016, 09:10
Hi guys,
I have applied on 24/05. I compleated the documents upload yesterday,since i was waiting for the licence, and i received today the mail from Cae. they call me in the next 2 weeks.

P06T
9th Jun 2016, 13:16
Unbelievable :o I applied a month before. Out of curiosity what are your qualifications/background?

MarvT
9th Jun 2016, 14:13
Guys have you ever heard about the ryanair apc program? Who can give more detailed info?

According to Andy Osheas,Ryanair Head of training, speech at the EATS Training symposium back in November 2015, they want to set up the program as a requirement for applicants in middle of 2016.There are three flight schools in europe, who providing a apc program, which meets the requirements for the future offical apc program at Ryanair. One of the flight schools is sky4u Berlin. I did the program and passed the in assessment May 2016. TR starts end of June at EMA. You can contact me for more informations!

Coli90
9th Jun 2016, 17:23
I'm 26, atpl frozen with 225 Hrs total time. Theoretical exams and skill tests at the first attempt.. 5 years of working experience not related to aviation..

I wish you all the best!

AdzMc
9th Jun 2016, 20:22
I applied last July.....heard nothing -_-

captain.weird
9th Jun 2016, 23:16
Hi MarvT,

What is done during this APC Programme? I can not find any information regarding this. Is there directly an interview scheduled after the MCC/JOC at Sky4u? Hoe is it done?

P06T
10th Jun 2016, 05:14
I applied last July.....heard nothing -_-

I'm 250 TT with 5 yrs exp, low twenties and first time passes in skills but 2 reattempts in theory.

What about you?

jadrolinija
10th Jun 2016, 08:35
Can someone please explain what is APC programme?

Bdavide
10th Jun 2016, 10:45
Hi everybody!
I'm going for the assessment the 21st of June.
Anyone there? :)

EC DKN
10th Jun 2016, 12:29
APC is:

APC-Course (http://apc-course.com/index.html)

How can u be pilots if u event Don't know how to find the Info on-line... Anyway...

jadrolinija
10th Jun 2016, 12:59
Thank you...How can you be pilot if you write EVEN as a EVENT? If someone can't find it on web doesn't mean he is unable to do other things...We have just asked if someone could explain it to us, we don't need your opinions about pilot's qualities.

EC DKN
10th Jun 2016, 13:15
Sorry iPhone corrector! Well, Ryanair made a conference last year explaining why the 50% of CPLs can not pass our assessment? They said it should be implemented a new way of pilot training at the end of it called MCC/JOC + LOFT! It's just what Kura has done since it was implemented. You need to pay by yourself and it doesn't guarantee nothing I guess... But anyway it's just what I found on Internet so probably someone could explain better what it is.

Regards and sorry about the last comment ;) Suerte!

jadrolinija
10th Jun 2016, 13:34
Thank you for explanation, take my apologies also :) That is great thing to do but it requires more money, time and I don't think it should be obligatory...I hope they wont make it as a requirement...

Lanum
10th Jun 2016, 23:33
Hi MarvT,

What is done during this APC Programme? I can not find any information regarding this. Is there directly an interview scheduled after the MCC/JOC at Sky4u? Hoe is it done?

I also did the APC programme at SKY4U. Not as a preparation for RYR but as an additional Training to the MCC and a general screening preparation.

It consists of:
An initial CBT,
MCC,
JOC,
CRM,
and finally a LOFT Training.

Later on it helped me a lot to pass a screening for a Job on the 737, eventhough it was not RYR.

jadrolinija
11th Jun 2016, 14:41
Thank you so much for explanation! Can you please tell me how long is it and what is a price of APC? Thank you in advance!

Lanum
11th Jun 2016, 17:41
To be precise I did a course which was even a bit bigger than the APC but with almost the same content.
As far as I know it will take 3-4 weeks to go through the APC, which results in ~50h sim time (no guarantee for these numbers).

I did a course called NGC, which can be found on the SKY4U website. Unfortunately I can't remember the precice price and don't want to tell you something wrong. But I found it fair regarding the mass of sim time.

jadrolinija
11th Jun 2016, 22:03
Great,thank you very much for information!

Falcon37lc
12th Jun 2016, 23:33
Anyone strating the TR the 22 of August (FR 1615)?

Falcon37lc
13th Jun 2016, 08:35
Hi everybody,
I want as well to share with you my experience, it was really straightforward for me.
Application on the cae program: 22nd of april
Received the call the 25th of May
Assessment the 3rd of June at simtech
Simulator part: I started as PM with a guy who wasn't really prepared.
At the beginning was Ok but as soon as we had the emergency he wasn't really able to deal with it and the assessor (strangely because I heard the opposite) wasnt helping us too.
After a while the assessor repositoned us 12 nm out and we landed.
As a PF we worked much better and after the emergency as soon as we started the procedure we were repositioned once again 12 nm out from the localizer eventhough we had done everything well comparing to the first part.
The interview was normal.
Hr part: strengths and weaknesses?, why ryanair?, how would you deal with a difficult captain?, talk about yourself?, how did you get into aviation?, how are you going to pay your tr?, how many ryanair bases?, how many 737s? How many flights per day?.
Technical question: Ac lenticular clouds, take off climb segments, flaps and slats, how many cc per seats in an aircraft, br reported in a metar (mist), adverse yaw, engine mounted on my previous mep aircraft (da42)
After 5 days I received the email and passed the assessment :O :cool: .
My background is: 21 years old (finished my ratings the 9th of february), first time passes for both CPL/IR and first time passes for all the theorical subjects.
Cheers to everyone and PM me if you need more information.:ok:

eeesprit
13th Jun 2016, 12:33
Hello guys

Thanks for your complete feedback Falcon37lc, and big congrats! :)

Sorry for my very specific questions - I dont want to pollute this conversation - but I dont know how to write you in PM...

- During MCC (I did it in Simtech) we've learned pretty long before take-off briefing, should we do the same during the assessment ? It's also pretty detailled so if the partner is not familiar with it it's maybe not very useful (eg, "i will advance the thrust levers to 40%, you will call stabilized, I will then set the t-o thrust and call "set thrust", you will adjust the thrust levers and guard them and call "thrust set" etc etc etc with the next items, and the emergency brief)

- for the emergency, if it's about fire/smoke (apparently these are classics :P ) what are the correct actions to do ? Need to put O2 masks first ? then recall items and emergency checklist ?

Have a great day guys and good luck for all the ones waiting desperately (including me haha)

Falcon37lc
14th Jun 2016, 09:20
you have a PM eeesprit

sedowan
14th Jun 2016, 12:34
Hi guys,

like MarvT and Lanum I did the APC/NGC at SKY4u as well. It consists of a JOC/MCC part as well as theoretical CRM training. This all comes together in LOFT sessions. It’s a quite intense program if you want to take the most out of it.
I did it because I wanted to improve myself to pass an assessment. After I finished everything at SKY4u I applied for Ryanair and passed. Compared to my previous assessments I was very satisfied this time. At that time, it wasn’t a program for Ryanair specific but after that I passed three assessments.
As I said I did it to improve myself and with hard work I finally got the job with Ryanair. The program at SKY4u was a great opportunity and helped a lot.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Falcon37lc
14th Jun 2016, 13:37
I will write here the answer from the question of eeesprit because I have received different PM from people wanting the answer.
For the thrust management it's up to you guys. For my point of view the best method is the one written on the assessment briefing pack (As you said 40%, stabilized,ecc).
For the emergency I applied during the assessment this method:
1-The type of emergencies normally are: Smoke/Fire bomb on board or sick Passenger.
The CC will call you (If you are operating as a PF), The first thing to say to the CC is to stand-by and give the controls and radios to the PM.
Then you can speak with the CC, I had smoke coming from the aft cargo compartment and I recommended the CC to be ready to use the fire extinguisher,apply the appropriate procedure, monitor the situation (If any of you could recommend a better method would be really appreciated).
You have to say to the CC to stand-by because you have to discuss the situation and seek a solution with your colleague (This is very important in my opinion because it shows off good CRM)
2- Discuss with your colleague, the best decision is to land asap but first you have to talk with your PM (Never take a decision alone)
3Once you have discussed with your colleague, the Capt. should contact the ATC and use the May-day (For bomb on board and smoke/fire) or panpan (for the sick passenger), you have to request even the meteo conditions,explain situation and intentions and request if possible radar vectoring (Even though is highly probable that the radar will be not working that day).
4- Once both of you have decided that the meteo conditon are good and you are going to land, the PF should contact the CC to communicate the final decision, I recommend even to request fire fighting service on the ground or an ambulance in case of a sick passenger.
5-You normally make at this stage a short approach briefing and call for the appropriate checklist.
After that you take back the controls from the PM and you start your procedure.
As I said the assessor could help you out during the flight by freezing the sim or He couldn't, in my case the assessor didn't pause the sim not even a single time apart from the reposition at 12NM (Maybe they wanted to see us working under pressure)
As I wrote even before if any of you guys could recommend a better way on how to handle an emergency would be great, I have applied this method because i learnt it back when i was doing my MCC.
Best of luck guys
Max when did you do your assessment?

fltops31
14th Jun 2016, 21:06
Anyone strating the TR the 22 of August (FR 1615)?
Found someone from 1615 🙂 Greatt !

Falcon37lc
14th Jun 2016, 23:01
Cheers mate PM me if you want

eeesprit
15th Jun 2016, 07:11
Thank you Falcon37lc for your detailed answered, this will probably be helpful and a good refresher for many :)

You are asking if there is a "better" way to handle the emergency ; I think what you did is perfectly fine. And anyway, there is not a single way to cope with this, the assessor is probably mainly interested about the crew's CRM skills.

Have a good day

mackoi
15th Jun 2016, 11:03
Looks quite suspicious that the ones talking about sky4you have only 2-3 posts and all of them passed the ryanair selection .

sedowan
15th Jun 2016, 12:15
Max when did you do your assessment? Hi Falcon73lc,

I did my assessment October 2015. Quite a while ago.

Coli90
15th Jun 2016, 15:00
Anyone in Dublin for the assessment on 24 June?

Pigiair
15th Jun 2016, 18:04
No, but
Anyone in at Dublin for the assessment on 23 June?

paulojsmaguiar
16th Jun 2016, 14:32
Anyone at Dublin for the assessement on 22nd of June? PM

chris_mc87
16th Jun 2016, 20:42
It is the RYR headquarters at Swords. Their new sim is based there and is up and running now.

Miauw777
16th Jun 2016, 20:52
Anyone cae 1615 in Ams?

bichii
16th Jun 2016, 20:58
Hi guys,

Just want to share my experience with all of you..!

Call: 27th of May
Interview: 10th of June

Technical questions:

What do you think about the DA42?
How is the DA42 feather system? Why is useful?
Has the DA42 deice/anti-ice? Which is the difference?
Which is the maximum crosswind allowed in the DA42?
Some crosswind calculations
What is BR in a METAR?
What is Mach?
What happen with Mach when climbing?
What is the absolute ceiling?
Which are the limiting factors of Vr and V2?
Which is the difference between DA and MDA?

Sim:

SID W2T for RWY27, in level flight some turns, descends, climbs, accelerations. Questions about actual QDM and actual position. Interception and enter into the hold, without freezing the sim, at the same time: emergency (smoke in the cabin). Request for radial-vectors but not available so flying and ASAP ready for the approach and landing.

Tips: ACE + briefing pack (speeds, call-outs, profiles..!!!!!! everything is so important!) + (if is possible) some sim hours

Whiskey Hotel
17th Jun 2016, 06:54
@ bichii

What's the ACE + briefing pack?

Thanks

chris_mc87
17th Jun 2016, 06:59
Hi WH,
Briefing Pack comes from RYR as part of the assessment pack. ACE is ACE the pilot technical book.

ckamaury
17th Jun 2016, 07:01
Hello,

I have the assessment at Dublin on the 24th June .. So let's go to read all of this topic XD

Live your dream
17th Jun 2016, 08:50
When talking about crosswind calculations. Can you use a calculator or mental maths?

dario.monai
17th Jun 2016, 12:44
anyone on cae 1617

VDK
17th Jun 2016, 13:09
Hi ckamaury,

I saw that you are from Avignon and i'm french as well. So could you Tell me please what is your background and how Many Times did you apply ? Happy for you and hope you Will pass the assessment.

ckamaury
17th Jun 2016, 13:35
Hi VDK,

ATPL i 2011 / 2013
FI 2015
English level 4

I have 26 yo, and at the call of CAE 400FTT with 200 like a FI.

I applied in 2013 and sometimes after, but without any asnwers from Ryanair or CAE. I apply again in April after my Class 1 renewal.

Thanks and hope you will have the CAE call ..
If you want more, mp me.

VDK
17th Jun 2016, 14:45
Many thanks for your reply. I would like to ask you more question but i have No Link to send you by mp...

bichii
17th Jun 2016, 19:21
Hi!,

As chris_mc87 said the Briefing Pack comes from RYR as part of the assessment (all about the simulator is explained there). And the ACE is "the book"!!!!

bichii
17th Jun 2016, 19:24
Hi!,

Mental.. but easy!! Don't worry, just remember if 30º of difference: divide the wind speed by 2. If 90º of difference: divide the wind speed by 1.

They are not gonna ask you difficult numbers...!

Brane08L
17th Jun 2016, 20:00
Like MarvT and Lanum i also did the NGC (Next Generation Course) with SKY4U in Berlin. The NGC/APC consists of Boeing 737 CBT´s, CRM, Jet Orientation, Loft Sessions, Screening Preparation and a lot of different things you can use for an successful Screening and Interview.

The NGC/APC helped me within my Screening on the Boeing 737 but furthermore it helped me a lot with my Typrating on the 737 and the Supervision. :ok:

STEF94
18th Jun 2016, 19:18
Hi, anyone for Dublin on the 29th of June? PM

Boeing737max200
19th Jun 2016, 11:59
Hi everyone. Anyone in East Midlands 25th July (FR1612)? I have found accommodation shared for two persons but I am only one.if anyone is interested please send me a pm asap.

andreafrigo89
20th Jun 2016, 21:22
Hi guys! I'm looking for some detailed informations about the APC assessment in Ryanair, has anyone already been assessed for this program? Is anyone going to take part of this in a few days? I'm supposed to be assessed on the 4th of July, not already very sure about the date, I'll have this date confirmed in the coming days. Let me know by!!!!

ironwings2014
21st Jun 2016, 15:51
Hi Guys,
just a quick question: just got an email from cae where they say to call me within the next 14 days "to discuss my application in more detail"!
What kind of questions do you guys think should I expect from this call?
Every suggest is appreciated! Many thanks!!

eeesprit
21st Jun 2016, 17:24
Hey everyone,

@ironwings2014 - apparently they ask you basic informations about your licenses etc (expiry date, flying experience, attempts for ATPL and CPL/IR) and this is also useful for them to test your english level. They might also ask you questions about anything, such as, what makes a good pilot, or a good captain, etc.

And similarly, just to give my feedback : I applied last monday, the 13th of june, and today I've received the same mail! Wasn't expecting such a quick answer!

Krasty
21st Jun 2016, 17:29
ironwings2014:
They will just ask you about your exams and flying hours and then they will read you short text twice and after that they will ask you 4 questions to make sure you are profficient in English. Then they tell you that you passed and you will be offered a date for interview. At the end you will be told all information about payment and briefing pack but this information will be sent to you by e-mail aswell so no need to write it down or memorising it. I had the call 3 hours ago.

dreamhi
21st Jun 2016, 21:09
Hi everybody

I've seen some guys speaking about sky4u. I did their APC program which was excellent and helped me very much to get a job in the airline industry. They have a state of the art simulator and very demanding and challenging instructors. Don't hesitate to contact them they will answer you any questions any time.

all best to everyone.

bichii
21st Jun 2016, 22:06
Hi!,

Anyone on TR CAE 1616 in Amsterdam?

:)

ironwings2014
22nd Jun 2016, 15:56
Hi guys,
@eeesprit thank you for your feedback, I did my application just 3 days earlier than you (10th june)!
@Krasty, I'd like to ask you some question if you don't mind:
1)Have you been called within the 2 weeks or later on?
2)How did you find assessors English? strict or readable?
3)How long time was your phone interview?
4)what about the short text you were talking about of?

Thank you!

fltops31
22nd Jun 2016, 16:18
For those attending CAE1615 in AMS, Join the group! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2034564483435605/

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Jun 2016, 16:25
Just a quick question guys ; how long do Ryanair give you from sending you the preparation pack with the profiles to learn to your assessment Day??
I take it they give you a few days to prepare ?!
Are their profiles just basic and generic?

Just out of interest, I have not received the call yet

Nano95
22nd Jun 2016, 20:30
Good evening,
I will write down there my experience.
Phone interview:
-medical expiry date
-mep/ir exam date and expiry date
-cpl exam date and expiry date
-total flight hours
-"why should we hire you?"
Then they invited me for the assessment in Dublin-Simtech on 8th of June.

Assessment day:
I arrived just 45 minutes earlier, then the assessor invited us for the briefing. He divided us into 4 crews (2 people each crew): one person who did the MCC on 737 sim and one who did on a general fntp simulator.
I was the first together with my college.
I started to fly as PF:
-WAL2N SID briefed, then during the initial part of the sid he started with vectors together with speed change.
-radar vectors for the ILS NDB DME Rwy 27 in EMA.
-no emergency situation.
Same things for my partner, except he had an emergency situation with FIRE IN TOILET. Then full ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURE ILS NDB DME.
10 minutes later I was invited for the interview with the HR and the same assessor I had for the simulator.
HR question:
-introduce yourself
-why Ryanair?
-why should we hire you?
-what is important in the mcc course?
-why have you chosen your flight school?
-where do you usually fly from?

Tech question:
-we talked a litlle bit about glider and my gliding activity (he saw that I had the GPL)
-max 737-800 cieling
-seats on the 737-800
-swept wings adv and disadv
-why are there high lift devices on swept wings?
-how are flaps operated?what pressure?

9 days later they sent me the positive answer via email.

You will find very relaxed atmosphere and they will do everything possible to put at ease. I suggest, during the simulator, to perform all the standard briefing, to call for all the checklist and to interact with your sim partner.

Best regards and good luck all!!

Nano95
23rd Jun 2016, 08:00
Hi all,

I forgot 3 tech question:
-what is V2?
-what is screen height?
-what is TODA?

Best regards!

jetblast738
23rd Jun 2016, 11:03
Yes, See you in Amsterdam!!
Hi! Me too!

Aviate Navi. Commu.
23rd Jun 2016, 11:03
Hi everybody,

Anyone going to EMA on 5th of september? (CAE1616) Group is made on FB join us!
PS bichii join us!

Toedwy
23rd Jun 2016, 11:10
Anyone at CAE 1615 in AMS?
Regards

CarlosPP
24th Jun 2016, 14:36
Found someone from 1615 🙂 Greatt !
Also from that course. :)

Coli90
24th Jun 2016, 16:20
Hi guys! I'd like to share with you my experience
Technical questions:
-irs
-gps
-critical engine on seneca? Why? Does the 737 has a critical engine?
-in which direction the fan rotates?
-why aircrafts have swept wings? Why are useful?
-seats of the 737
Hr questions:
-who are you
-why Ryr should hire you
-where do you see yourself in 5 years
-if you're successful,when can you begin?
Sim:radar dep climbing on rwy hdg to 5000ft at 2nm left turn 180. Then acceleration and deceleration, climbs and descents,intercepted a qdm inbound the ndb and a hold. After that we had smoke from the toilet and the simulator was freezed. Repositioning for a straight in app on rwy 27, when vmc conditions, ils failure and we continued visual.

Hope it helps!
Good luck guys!

Kudlaty
24th Jun 2016, 18:21
Hi guys!!!

I received the call today and I am booked for the assessment on 7th July.
Anyone else booked for the same date?

speed_alive_rotate
25th Jun 2016, 09:21
Thanks for the Info Coli90 ,
Just curious as to what you answered to the question :
Does the 737 has a critical engine?
-in which direction the fan rotates?
I'm finding so much contradiction online on this topic and hard to get concrete confirmation.
Maybe someone would like to give their advice,
Many Thanks.

Coli90
25th Jun 2016, 10:41
There is no critical engine in the 737 as in all jet airplanes! One engine could became 'critical' only in case of engine failure with crosswind coming from the side of the inop engine! Both fans of the 737 are clockwise, to reduce the maintenece cost

Hope it helps!

ironwings2014
25th Jun 2016, 14:41
@speed alive rotate the only thing in a jet that can get an engine "critical" is the crosswind. However, the ce will always be the downwind one (when the wind is coming from the side of the live one) because the live engine thrust yaws the plane towards the "dead leg", and if you add a crosswind coming from the live side you will get the yaw moment worst, so you will need more rudder to counteract it. For the rest @Coli90 was absolutely right!:ok:

speed_alive_rotate
25th Jun 2016, 14:49
I thought the same as you both and appreciate your contribution, sometimes overlooking things and trying to get more information on line can lead to contradictions which may confuse haha!!
Thanks again to you both-

Live your dream
25th Jun 2016, 16:03
Ironwings you are wrong. With a crosswind the airplane will yaw into the wind, if you loose the upwind engine the yawing moment will be aggravated assisted by the crosswind. If we loose engine #2 the crosswind to reduce the yawing moment should come from the live engine, in this case from the left.

Coli90
25th Jun 2016, 21:03
Guys! If an aircraft experiences a left engine failure, it generates a yawing moment to the left..if the xwind comes to the left it generates a further yawing moment to the left, also for the effect of the vertical stabilizer(since the wind impacts on the left side,increasing the yawing moment to the left!)

Hope it helps!

Jeremy Leger Doineau
26th Jun 2016, 10:35
Hey guys,

kudlaty i am also on the 7th july assessement

WhiskeyZ
26th Jun 2016, 13:13
APC1601 - Group is made on FB, feel free to join us :)

Assessment day APC programme

I started to fly as PF:
-WAL2N SID briefed, then during the initial part of the sid he started with vectors together with speed change.
-radar vectors for the ILS NDB DME Rwy 27 in EMA.
-no emergency situation.
Same things for my partner

HR question:
- introduce yourself
- why Ryanair?
- why should we hire you?
- why have you chosen your flight school? Where do you live? Do you like your city?
- how do you like APC Assessment Preparation video?
- what about doing mcc one more time?
- You in 5 years?

Tech question:
- max 737-800 cieling
- seats on the 737-800, emergency exits
- fire extinguishers, types
- hydroplaning,formula, what is it?
- asked about airplanes i have flown

very relaxed atmosphere! :)

Best regards and good luck all!!

ironwings2014
26th Jun 2016, 13:49
During the take off run, and just on the ground before to get airborne, usually, the aircraft is affected by "positive weathercock effect", or, in other words, yaw into the wind due to the main wheels that, being close to the CG, act as a pivot allowing this effect. When I say usually, I mean that we have also "negative weathercock effect", which yaws the plane away from it, allowing exactly the opposite effect. Once airborne, the aicraft won't experience any weathercock effect, so any "yaw" due to crosswind, but just Drift, pushing the plane in the opposite way the direction of the wind! Furthermore, the wind doesn't impact just the fin but mainly the fuselage, creating in an upwind engine failure case a restoring force, thus helping the aircraft to deal with it with the rudder!

MariusT
27th Jun 2016, 15:11
Hi guys!

Anyone on the 1st july assessment?

dario.monai
28th Jun 2016, 14:02
Hello,

sorry to keep bothering everybody with this but I still hope to find somebody who's on CAE1617 in AMS to get in touch and possibly look for an accommodation together.

feel free to PM me!

Cheers

chris_mc87
28th Jun 2016, 15:03
Is it possible to withdraw your RYR application from CAE?

zecrac
29th Jun 2016, 00:07
Hi everybody,

Anyone going to EMA on 5th of september? (CAE1616) Group is made on FB join us!
PS bichii join us!

Avi Navi Comm send me a PM for CAE1616 I cant PM you

eeesprit
29th Jun 2016, 12:18
Finally got CAE's call, 8 days after the e-mail.
Without any surprise, questions about licences, expiring dates, 1st passes etc.
Test of english comprehension, they read me a text twice talking about dehydration, then 4 questions. Very straightforward.
Then invite me for the assessment, brief explanation of the day and the type of documents to bring.

Anyone scheduled for the 12th of july in Dublin ? :)

Coli90
30th Jun 2016, 10:21
Hi guys! I have received the positive mail yesterday! i'm in FR1613 starting on 1st august in EMA.. anyone else? join on the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1614721142152375/

Regards

Bonham_Baker
4th Jul 2016, 22:02
Hi fellas, I would like to ask you a question...
tomorrow will 14 days since I received an email from CAE telling me that they would contact me to discuss my application in more detail. they have not called me yet. anyone know if this is normal? to be honest , I do not know what to think.
Thanks for your help.

chris_mc87
5th Jul 2016, 08:50
Hi fellas, I would like to ask you a question...
tomorrow will 14 days since I received an email from CAE telling me that they would contact me to discuss my application in more detail. they have not called me yet. anyone know if this is normal? to be honest , I do not know what to think.
Thanks for your help.

Don't ring them! Have patience.

SRH
5th Jul 2016, 10:24
As most of you know by now, it is totally random wether or not they pick exactly your application for review. In the past you could easily create a new application with a different e-mail address, but as they use the passport-information tied to your account, this is no longer possible. Has anyone tried deleting their application or account, and then created a new training request? Is this even possible?

Circle_To_Land
5th Jul 2016, 20:50
Good evening fellas,

Recently I have been hearing rumors that RYR are offering TR for a bond, can any of you confirm this?

Thanks
CTL

Bonham_Baker
5th Jul 2016, 21:23
Sure, patience is the key, but the mail says that they would call me within 14 days...
I am wondering if it has happened to someone else...
anyway, having waited such a long time for the mail makes me feel like this.
Thanks for the help

Live your dream
6th Jul 2016, 09:37
Have you crosschecked that the phone number is the correct one? The international prefix, etc...

Bombs Away
7th Jul 2016, 17:59
Is it possible to modify your application or delete it and start again? Don't see an option for it?

Live your dream
7th Jul 2016, 18:24
Anyone in FR1615 at EMA?

Circle_To_Land
7th Jul 2016, 19:06
Liveyourdream,

When were you at the assessment?