PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

turbine100
17th Aug 2010, 15:45
I applied via CAE over a year ago and heard nothing.

Tried applying via SAE which was via email earlier this year and also heard nothing.

Reapplied to both SAE via website and CAE in last 6 - 8 weeks and heard nothing. I now have a reasonable number of hours after finishing training with AOC experience and extra training due to AOC requirements.

I would be interested to know how they make their decision's as its a bit frustrating if people are being called 10 days after applying :)

T-mas
17th Aug 2010, 17:05
They may just pick people randomly... who would want to read trough all applications? Each day the pile grows with a rate both CAE nor SAA can follow. Think about it, if Ryanair needs 200 pilots for 2011, CAE and SAA just dick in the pile and pick those suitable.
By adding a school report to the list of papers you need to have before applying is just a way to let those graduated a few years ago to find other places to apply, cause Ryanair only wants fresh from school people with a report of their performance. Imagine you call up your flightschool you've left a few years ago... they'll have a laugh, no one remembers you anyway and all the instructors had left for better jobs by now.

Well that's just my theory by the way... ;)

Happy landings all!

Mikehotel152
18th Aug 2010, 23:17
TR with cae IS €27,500 almost exactly £23k

Yes, it's less nowadays because you no longer pay Dutch VAT. It was €32,750 until the end of 2009 but you get your 19% VAT back.

Uberhesch
21st Aug 2010, 13:32
well either way then your costs were exaggerated

zerotohero
30th Aug 2010, 08:43
32 cant be too old, there are plenty of 2 stripe f/o's kicking about the crewrooms in a morning that are either much older than 32 or had a paper round from hell.

good luck on the job hunt.

Mikehotel152
30th Aug 2010, 13:40
I was over 30 when I got my interview. There is no limit as far as I know.

Looks like intake has been put on hold recently.

pitot_noob
30th Aug 2010, 13:47
I don't think the intake is on hold.
Many of my friends have been interviewed over the last couple of weeks and are continuing to be called.

It seems to be a case of getting your name to the top of the pile.. and they suggest re-sending the app.

Good luck.

tony2F
30th Aug 2010, 14:02
I know at least 2 guys who got in very recently both 40+

White_Eagle
30th Aug 2010, 15:49
pitot_noob, how can you actually re-send your application to Ryanair? Make up a new account or just update your existent one? Curious on that.. :E

norton2005
30th Aug 2010, 16:29
No news is good news!

eire78
30th Aug 2010, 17:27
hey one of my mates who went to thursday assesment of that week heared back 2 working days later and it was'nt good news.

so might take a while longer if it is good news :ok:

captgeorgekajo
30th Aug 2010, 20:17
have to agree with some of the age comments. 4 of us from our course finished with almost identical records, first time passes, min hours etc. 2 under 30 had interviews, 2 over 30 were told not to apply any further.

This is the message that was received from another over 30 yr old applicant from our course
" the reason why you have not been contacted so far is due to the fact that your profile does not meet the specific selection criteria of Ryanair". Maybe it's just a coincidence but it's a hard one to understand.

Has there been anyone with some grey hairs that have been accepted this year??

pitot_noob
31st Aug 2010, 00:21
Hi White Eagle,

pitot_noob, how can you actually re-send your application to Ryanair? Make up a new account or just update your existent one? Curious on that..

You can re-apply to SAA, not CAE - with the later needing an account.
A lot of the chaps who have gone there recently, when giving me advice, said it was more a case of getting your name to the top of the pile and so to re-apply.
It worked for a lot of more recent guys too, and it really does seem to be the case of luck as to when your name is on the pile at the same time as they are looking.

Luckily, I didn't need to re-apply myself... got myself a place elsewhere! (i'm still waiting to hear from Ryan... so they missed out, eh? :})

Good luck to you all and I hope to hear you on the radios soon!

White_Eagle
31st Aug 2010, 08:37
Thank you very much ! :ok::D

sebseg
31st Aug 2010, 14:28
> No news is good news!

I do not know if it really is, 6 people had the assessment on the 10th of August, and 5 are still waiting for an answer. I would be surprised if all of us 5 passed.

It seems that things are put to a hold for a (little) while for the moment.

Seb

Mikehotel152
31st Aug 2010, 19:19
I don't think the intake is on hold.
Many of my friends have been interviewed over the last couple of weeks and are continuing to be called.

At RYR, interviewing does not necessarily equate to intake. People will continue to be interviewed. However, there may be a delay in starting the type rating or line training.

Has there been anyone with some grey hairs that have been accepted this year??

I guess you all ignored what I just said. I am an FO at RYR, with grey hairs and was interviewed in 2009. Not that long ago. I passed. Many of the guys on my TR course in 2009 were over 30.

norton2005
2nd Sep 2010, 12:07
You mention you applied to both every week. I can see how you did that with SAS, but with CAE, is it a case of logging on to your account, withdrawing your application off the system, and then pressing the apply button again?

Secondly, I was filling in the SAS form, and one question is how many flight tests did you fail. I couldnt put 0 as I partialled my IR, but at the same time thats not fail persay, its a partial pass, but I put down 1. was that correct to put 1 fail or could I get away with putting 0? If you put 1 fail on the form will they not get back to you? As I read on ppjn that nowadays there asking for first TIME CPL and IR. My CPL is first time but IR is first series?

sebseg
2nd Sep 2010, 20:20
had the selction on the 10/08 still waiting for an answer
Seb

choc-ice
2nd Sep 2010, 23:31
Had assessment on Wed 21st july. Call on the 28th. Start training in EMA this Monday!

davidbrent
3rd Sep 2010, 15:37
i was assessed 13th july, found out good news 21st july. Start at EMA in October.

i heard people getting bad news within 3-4 days. good news generally 8-9 days.

with regards ot age questions. on my day out of the 6 FO candidates, i remember one being 28, and one who looked older. The rest were early 20s, inlcuding myself at 24.

@ choc-ice: jealous you get to start so soon, best of luck :)

@ Norton2005: i would consider a partial (first series pass) not to be a fail, i would have put down 0 failiures if i were in your position.

markB777
5th Sep 2010, 21:48
hi guys,

anyone know if ryanair will continue to recruit for 2010? I'm thinking to apply for MCC in october with bfsaa? does it really help with ryanair recruitment?

thanks in adv for every answer!

pitot_noob
6th Sep 2010, 21:05
Ryanair said it didn't help at a recent talk at my old flight school, and in fact said ours was prob. better.

Make of that what you will.

TP102
7th Sep 2010, 18:04
Hi all,
Just to give people an idea on how long it can take.
I applied to both schools back in the spring.
Heard nothing till a month ago when I had a call on a Thur asking if i would like to come to assessment on Tue.
That was Tue 17th Aug.
Just had the call to start training 29th Nov!
So that was a three week wait for a yes.
Hope to see some of the guys from Aug 17th at East Mids?
Good luck to everyone.
Cheers,
Tom

Uncle Wiggily
7th Sep 2010, 18:54
So do all new cadets need to first become flight attendants now? ;)

sebseg
14th Sep 2010, 19:40
Hello,
I am still waiting for an answer. Cheers,
Seb

Boeing 77W
14th Sep 2010, 23:20
I went for assessment on Wednesday 8 September and got the good news on Tuesday 14 September. Start at East Midlands on 29 November :)

sebseg
15th Sep 2010, 09:14
congrats Boeing 77,
A question for this thread readers and previously interviewed by RYR, does anyone know of people who took the assessment but did not get any reply ? Or who waited more than one month to be called ?

Cheers
Seb

ards_boy
16th Sep 2010, 02:06

Boeing 77W
16th Sep 2010, 10:07
There were a couple of technical questions that I struggled with and they actually worked through them with me. Despite that I felt the interview went well as they were very relaxed about it and were keen to help me 'learn'.

With regards to the sim, I thought it was OK. It wasn't as good as some of the flying I did in my MCC/JOC but I was generally happy with it. I started off quite sloppy but did improve throughout, I believe that's the main thing they're looking for :ok:

Daniel777
16th Sep 2010, 17:40
Hey there,

Was the Ryanair approved MCC course a help for anybody to advance to the type rating course?
Does it worth the money?

Thanks alot,

Daniel

turbine100
22nd Sep 2010, 08:27
I applied, CAE forwarded my C.V over a few weeks ago and did not get an interview.

However I was told by someone that some recruitment was slowing down a while ago and 5 direct entry captain courses were cancelled.

Not sure whether that was true or I was not meeting their requirements :)

Phenom100
22nd Sep 2010, 10:11
Can anyone shed any light on current recruitment at RYR, i have heard a few rumors that recruitment has now ceased until next year...is this true?

:rolleyes:

SupaMach
22nd Sep 2010, 20:54
I don't think it has slowed down.

A lot of my friends from a recent int. course have been interviewed and more are being contacted.

They've already phoned me once and emailed me twice.. within the last week, with an invite.

josecr1980
28th Sep 2010, 13:41
I don't understand, it seems as if assessments were running almost on a weekly basis...then why some of us are being totally ignored???

Could somebody tell me whether it is only a matter of CV's being chosen randomly? or on the contrary, there is actually someone reading and rejecting them because some people don't match requirements...

I have been preparing this interview for a long time and it is annoying and discouraging to see how finally I am not going to be given a chance...I sent my CV almost 5 months ago, I have 500 hrs TT and an engineering master degree.... am I so stupid for thinking of being called????

Does anybody know if age is really so important?... I am 29, will be 30 in a few weeks... this is the only reason that comes up to my mind right now...

Thank you in advance and good luck to all those that are being called!

SupaMach
29th Sep 2010, 03:01
It is random, top of the pile.
I applied and didn't hear back (good track record etc) for about 3 months whereas people who applied, numerous fails etc, got lucky, and heard the next day. (I was told there is a trend that if you apply late on a Thursday, you may hear on the friday..).

Finally got a call and a couple of emails, but have already started with another airline.

The adviceI hear from my fellow grads is to keep applying through SAA and get yourself to the top of the CV pile. (I only sent it in once, perhaps why I didn't hear back straight away)

Good luck.

realmav
29th Sep 2010, 08:20
Hi everyone I start the TR Nov 1st in EMA and then over to CAE Amsterdam, Anyone here know of good places to stay? near by, cheap etc. If there is anyone here starting same time please let me know!

Cheers!

Iceman4956
4th Oct 2010, 14:19
Hello guys I was wondering if someone could help me. I did the assessment 22nd of September, we were 8 guys that day and was given 2 weeks notice for a reply. Today 12 days later I have heard no news, haven´t got any phonecall nor e-mail. But a friend of mine who did the assessment with us the same day got an e-mail saying that he did not get through. I just want to know if you guys who where with me on the assessment have got any knews or people who know anything about that ? :O

Kingy16a
4th Oct 2010, 17:28
Hi,
I was on the assessment on the 22nd Sept. I've also not heard any news back from Ryanair. The wait is not a lot of fun!
Hopefully in this case no news is good news!

Iceman4956
4th Oct 2010, 19:00
Thanks Kingy16a at least I know I am not the onlyone waiting for an answer... do you know about anyone who have got an answer :rolleyes:

Vone Rotate
4th Oct 2010, 19:16
Hi people,

I have asked this before a while ago but was wondering if anyone on here has had or knows of someone who has had a second assessment with Ryanair?

Any info welcomed:ok:

Daniel777
4th Oct 2010, 21:06
Hey there,

I am just about to complete my application to FR however it still takes around 2-3 weeks to get my licence issued.
I heard that sometimes it takes FR a longer period to get back to you.
Do you think I should complete the application in advance?

Thanks alot for the help.:ok:

hugo708067
4th Oct 2010, 23:35
Iceman4956 I was on the assessment on the 22nd. Still waiting as well.

link_142
6th Oct 2010, 20:00
hi guys,

just been through 71 pages of this thread, and i just wanted to know the latest 'route' or SID and ILS airports FR are using for thei assessments from anyone who has previosly recently attended?

Much help would be appreciated

Thanks! :ok:

Iceman4956
6th Oct 2010, 21:15
Do you guys know about someone that did the assessment and did not receive an answer ?

Gyro Drift
11th Oct 2010, 08:21
I was on the Assessment on the 22nd of September and still not heard a thing. The wait is absolutely awful :ugh:. It's nearly been three weeks since the assessment so I'd have thought I'd hear something this week!

GD

Callsign Kilo
11th Oct 2010, 08:49
Listen guys, if anything you need to be patient. Especially if you intend to work here! Things can occur in an instant or can alternatively appear more drawn out. It isn't only potential cadet hire where this occurs. This is the typical practice within any large airline. It isn't hurting Ryanair having you wait around, whether you have passed your recent assessment or not. They may and probably do have more pressing concerns. The training department (to whom you are dealing with) does after all have the job of co-ordinating the training and checking of 2300 EXISTING pilots within the company! There are quite a few things occurring here at the moment.

A new RST (recurrent simulator training) program is in the process of being constructed and trailed for each of the 2300 pilots to undertake from early November.

Command Upgrade (CU) slots will continue to take priority, so co-ordination of simulator and line training for new commands is and will remain the focus

A number of TRE, LTC and SFI positions have recently been advertised internally. These candidates need to be trained. This requires further sim scheduling.

We currently have the crew numbers required to operate the winter schedule (end of October to beginning of April). With this in mind and with the other requirements that the training department must focus on, future cadet hire can drop down the list of priorities. It is not to say that it will be ignored. It is also important to know that a number of TR courses are still occurring.

The crew numbers for summer 2011 are still being churned. Again the concern will be Captains (it always is). There will be a number of 'leavers' over the winter (Emirates, BA, etc) so more uncertainty. Yet that is probably good news for future intakes.

Above all, be prepared to sit it out. There is no time frame, rhyme nor reason. Frustrating; however you had better get used to that. Good luck

Halfwayback
11th Oct 2010, 10:33
Wise words 'Kilo'

HWB

Gyro Drift
11th Oct 2010, 11:11
Yeah definitely puts things into perspective, informative post!

GD

pacrion
12th Oct 2010, 17:02
Hiya!
Anyone who was on the assessment recently has received any info? neg or positive?

Cheers!

RemAir
15th Oct 2010, 08:22
Dear all,

I've an assessment next wednesday at STN for RYR, I've read the 95 pages of this forum, I'd like to know if someone has done the assessment recently,
the only clear list that i've found is from GANOZ on page 87, but it's from 2007,
if someone has got more recent list i really be glad to have it, specially concerning the theoritical interview.

thank you very much.

Gyro Drift
15th Oct 2010, 08:48
RemAir,

I did the assessment on the 22nd of September 2010. It was quite an enjoyable day really, the Ryanair guys want to put you at ease and make you feel as relaxed as possible.

We first had a briefing which mirorred what we are given in the Assessment briefing pack you receive once you've paid for the assessment. We were all then told that if we were successful on the day (there were 8 of us) that we'd all have jobs. Next we were handed the SIDS and STARS for East Midlands which is where the sim assessment would take place out of.

The interview was next. The technical questions that were asked were as follows:

Why do jet aircraft have sweptback wings?
What is Mcrit?
Where does a sweptback wing stall first?
What do spoilers do? (They just wanted to know the different uses of spoilers)
How does a wing stall?
What does a mode S Transponder depict on radar screens?
What do you know about CRM?

Personal Questions:

Why do you want to be a Pilot?
When did you start to develop interests in aviation?
Do you think you got good value for money at your flight training organisation?
Why should Ryanair employ you?

That's about it really for the interview side, overall took about 25 minutes.

Then the sim assessment came. The 737-800 sims are fantastic! Try to enjoy them as much as possible.
My flying partner and I were placed on the threshold of RWY 27 at East Midlands. We started our cockpit preparations like we did during our MCC and JOC. Luckily we had both attended the same school so we both followed the same procedures. We did our pre-departure briefings (PF only) and then took off (PM liasing with ATC). Did part of the SID and then we were just given radar vectors. We did two steep turns, one in each direction, climbing and descending at certain rates and then went back to the airport for an all engines operating NDB hold and approach to land.

We then swapped seats and everything was exactly the same, except in this flight the assessor gave us a cabin fire to deal with. We gave the assessor a NITS brief (Nature of the emergency, Intentions, Timescale, and Services required upon landing). The scenario then ended and my flying partner continued the flight profile as normal.

That's it really. We've still not been told whether we've passed or not 23 days on but hoping for that phonecall sometime soon!

All the very best with the assessment:ok:

GD

VJW
15th Oct 2010, 09:27
If you get the job, you may want to re read what a NITS drill stands for. The drill is a briefing for the cabin crew, and the S stands for special instructions, and therefore doesn't really mean services required on landing. If you ditch, we'd use a nits drill, but we wouldn't be landing, more like crashing. Therefore, the S you'd include among other things, an instruction to the cabin crew to preform the SOS drill, which includes a reminder of how to use lifejackets and how evacuate.

It won't help, but I got the job 2 years ago, and had a phone call on the drive home saying I'd passed :ok:

Gyro Drift
15th Oct 2010, 09:54
Yeah I realise the example of the NITS brief I used in the above may not be too accurate. I understand the points but maybe didnt explain them correctly, thanks for your input, maybe I should dig out my MCC books again:ok:

Just got the call from Brookfield a few moments ago, took over three weeks for them to get to me but the good news was more than worth the wait!

GD

RemAir
15th Oct 2010, 12:18
@giro drift,

thank you for the informations, it was excatly what I needed,
they don't ask about your last aircraft flown?
and I'm bit afraid of the "why" after each of your answers if you know what I mean, do they do that or it is clear and direct questions who ask clear and direct answers?
last question, how long does it take, all day as said in the breifing pack?
Thank's

Gyro Drift
15th Oct 2010, 12:34
RemAir,

They didnt ask my anything about previous aircraft flown, however they did ask other candidates that day, so be prepared is all I can say.

Yeah some questions were direct and only needed a couple of words as an answer, others however, such as "Why do you want to be a Pilot"? require more than just a few words. Enthuse in your answers and maintain eye contact with both assessors, also smile and be polite, which im sure you're already aware of:ok:.

I was there a total of about 5 hours, from 08:30 until 13:30. Others were there longer, others were there for less time. Just depends how it works out on the day.

GD

RemAir
15th Oct 2010, 13:12
@gyro drift,

thank you, I pretty sure that I can talk about why I want to become a pilot for hours....
I'm bit afraid if they "blocked" me with theorotical questions...like for exemple the advantage of swept wings and why, and why, and why..........
did you heard something different about theory from the other candidates, like Jeppessen stuff, or Performance stuff (it's frequently asked during interview) I also heard engine questions?
anyway thank you for your help, really appreciate....

RemAir
15th Oct 2010, 13:17
GD,

for exemple this question:

Where does a sweptback wing stall first?

if you answer "the sweptback wing will stall first at wing tip" do they ask why or do they say, ok???

SupaMach
15th Oct 2010, 13:21
I'd say it is highly likely that they would ask you why.. even if it was for the very basic theory and nothing complex.

Gyro Drift
15th Oct 2010, 13:39
With the question regarding wing sweepback:

"Where does a swept back wing stall first"?

I simply answered: "It stalls first at the tips"

That was all they were looking for, they'd then ask the next question. Sometimes though they might want a little bit more but answer using as little as possible so that you do not start to dig yourself a hole. If they want to know more they will ask it. They do tend to be very straight forward though requiring very straight forward answers.:)

GD

RemAir
15th Oct 2010, 13:51
Good news,

thank you for your help, I will let you know.....

charles83
16th Oct 2010, 20:32
Hi everybody,
just one question for those who have been invited to the assesment recently.
How many time passed from the application to the invitation? Modular or integrated?
Thanks for your help

Gyro Drift
18th Oct 2010, 07:30
Charles83,

From me submitting my application to being invited for assessment was approximately two weeks, so not too long really but it varies massively, so each case is different really.

On my assessment there were eight of us. Six From Oxford and two from other schools abroad, not sure where now i'm afraid.

Best of luck,

GD

TTango
24th Oct 2010, 14:38
Does anyone know the current cost of the TR at EMA?

TheGlide
24th Oct 2010, 15:38
It costs 32,750 euro i think.you eventually get back the vat you pay on the rating which is 5500 or so but im still waiting and its been a year now...

a4000
24th Oct 2010, 17:30
You no longer have to pay the VAT, so its around 27,500 euros. On top of this you have food, accom, licence transfer, uniform etc

I think the very minimum you could do it for would be around £28k.

jimmyjetplane
26th Oct 2010, 20:32
Hi all,

would anyone who has recently funded a type rating through the Banks, care to share which establishments are willing to lend for this at present?:rolleyes:

PM me if you prefer.

Many thanks,

Jimmy.

sebseg
27th Oct 2010, 07:54
Hi all,

I will start TR at EMA on Jan 3rd, pm me of you are in the same case and would like to share accomodation. We are already two of us looking for a good deal.

And a little word for those waiting for a GO: as previously mentioned, things can take a long time : I waited 1.5 month between assessment and positive answer.
Had assessment on Aug 10th and start TR on Jan 3rd. Registered with CAE end of April.

Good luck,
Seb

pilotdreamer2
28th Oct 2010, 14:23
REM Air,

I don't know if you have finished your interview or not. But if you google ryanair pilot interview (google) search engine, I promise, you will find many various websites that helps with the interview questions. Or you can go through every bloody page in this thread. :ugh:

Good luck and I hope you get the job. :D

marchetti_310
30th Oct 2010, 15:46
Hi sebseg,

First of all congrats for the start of you TR!
But can you tell me how much you have to pay for the TR?
Is it now 27.500eur or still 33.000eur VAT incl.???
And also, when do you need to send to money to RYANAIR (is it 2 weeks prior the start of the course?).

Tks for the answers and good luck with the course....:ok:

Boeing 77W
31st Oct 2010, 21:02
Through CAE the Type Rating is €27500 exlcuding VAT. VAT DOESN'T have to be paid as long as you provide your VAT Registration number which is provided by your accountant when you establish your Irish company.

Payment is required 4 weeks prior to the start of your course.

Lafyar Cokov
7th Nov 2010, 20:52
For the assessment procedure the paperwork states for a go-around:

# Call ‘Go-around, Flaps Fifteen’ (GA, F15o). The PM will select the Flaps to 15o
# Push the Thrust Levers towards maximum thrust (full arm length action required on the Thrust levers).
# Then immediately put both hands on the control column. The PM will set the Thrust to 90% N1.
# Pitch up and fly 140 knots minimum. (VflyF30o=V2 F15o). On a Boeing “the speed you fly in is the speed you fly out” (assuming Flaps are re-configured)
# Next call ‘Gear Up’. The PM will select the Gear up.
# Maintain 140knots & F15o until levelling off. The Flap retraction schedule is the opposite to the extension schedule (above)…..at 150 knots call ‘Flaps 5o’…at 170 knots, call ‘Flaps 1’o and at 190 knots call ‘Flaps up’.

Once you call for ‘Flaps up’ you are responsible for the Thrust Levers.

Is the thrust reduced from 90% during this procedure - because if, for example, you are leveling at 2000' (LPL) i would think you will go rocketing through the height or (if you are lucky enough to catch it) the flap speeds before you finally come out with "Flaps Up".

Does anyone have any experience of how this happens in the assessment? Cheers!

IrishJetdriver
8th Nov 2010, 14:28
Single push of TOGA commands a 2000fpm climb on the flight directors and autothrottle. Push twice and you get full welly. Often confuses people who wonder why they've apparently not got full thrust and then try and push the thrust levers up. Let them do their stuff.

Lafyar Cokov
8th Nov 2010, 19:10
Thanks 'driver - I'm aware of what happens for a standard NG G-A but I was specifically asking about the RyanAir assessment. ie No FDs, MP selects 90% after an initial 'extended arm' from the HP, but then - it appears from the blurb sent out prior to the assessment - that the thrust is not moved from this position until 'flaps up' is called.

If this is true then I would expect that, for a 2000' level off eg Liverpool, it would be very difficult to level off and subsequently raise the flaps to Flap 1 without shooting through 220kts if you were not supposed to touch the power before calling 'flaps up'.

Does anyone know if this IS exactly how they expect people to fly it - or is some thrust reduction prior to this point considered reasonable?

Thanks

zerotohero
8th Nov 2010, 23:55
LITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT FROM ALL YOU GUYS LOOKING AT HANDING OVER €27500 plus costs

Two posts from a Ryanair thread
-----------
Uk based FO doing 4 flights in November on Brookfield contract and wondering how I'm going to pay my bills!

I suppose it might suit the young free and single but the prospect of a base move or another winter like last fills me with dread.

I'd love a salary and a bit of security don't know about the rest of you?

Nick

---------------

Here here Nick, same up here in Scandinavia, 4 days work in November.

The December paycheck is going to be interesting, thanks for a bumper xmas FR !
ps. 5 new cadets started in the last few weeks, just as the reduced winter schedule kicked in, nothing against these cadets, but wtf ?

better get cracking on that EK app....

ATPLwhoops
11th Nov 2010, 09:32
Anyone going to the FR assessment on the 18th November? If so PM me.

Atplwhoops

Alby_88
14th Nov 2010, 14:36
Hi guys!
Just got the call from SAA. Anyone going to the assessment on 17th november?

bye!

markB777
14th Nov 2010, 19:34
me on the 17th.....where do you going to stay?

jonjam
17th Nov 2010, 20:14
Can anyone on this thread please tell me where they did there MCC. I am wondering whether it is worth the while trekking over to Sweden's Bfsaa/CAE route. In the hope of getting an interview on the back of the course or to just sit tight. Complete an MCC at a cheaper school on something like a King Air and practice later on a jet sim nearer to an assessment?

Thanks

P.s I have thoroughly searched this site and have found many posted touching upon this subject but nothing of any use...

-J

jiffajaffa
18th Nov 2010, 10:24
If this is true then I would expect that, for a 2000' level off eg Liverpool, it would be very difficult to level off and subsequently raise the flaps to Flap 1 without shooting through 220kts if you were not supposed to touch the power before calling 'flaps up'.

Does anyone know if this IS exactly how they expect people to fly it - or is some thrust reduction prior to this point considered reasonable?
Technically on the go around for Liverpool RW27 you enter the hold after the missed approach, if you check the speed limit for the hold its 185kts max however in the assessment its unlikely that you will fly the full missed approach procedure due to the limited time scale, due to feedback from students and the briefing pack for the assessment they expect both hands to remain on the control column until flaps up no lights, its a good idea to leave the thrust at 90% N1 to leave the aircraft accelerate to retract the flaps, if your ahead of the aircraft and when you reach level off you call bug up and retract flaps on schedule then you will find that when the monitoring pilot says flaps up no lights the speed will be between 220kts and 250kts therefore you can put your hands on the thrust levers and bring the N1 back to 60-70% or adjust accordingly,on the briefing pack they make it very clear that both hands are to remain on the control column until the flaps are up and the lights are out.

JJ

Uncle Wiggily
18th Nov 2010, 10:30
I heard that new cadets have to pose for the RyanAir calendar in addition to the flight attendants. Is this part of the new contract? Can anyone substantiate this rumour?

Lafyar Cokov
18th Nov 2010, 12:44
Thanks JiffaJaffa

When going through this procedure in the Sim it all appeared to happen quite quickly from level off to 220kts (as the breifing say's fly at 220kts unless told otherwise) and I would have thought it prudent to reduce power as the level off is commenced - however, as you say, the 'keep both hands on the control column until flaps up' instruction is quite clear.

Thanks again.

LC

skysurfer0805
18th Nov 2010, 17:53
My recent assessment with RYR was very fair and straight forward compared to other assessment practice I have seen.
No computer games, no psychologists who try to argue with you and not inviting 100 guys while at the end accepting 2. Very positive impressions remain from Ryanair in contrast to what is being bashed on them on this forum from time to time.
The interview puts focus on ATPL knowledge as well as english level and personal questions. The sim session was well briefed beforehand and the chief pilot was very helpful explaining what he wanted to see and assisting those unfamiliar with the 738. The session lasted long enough to perfom an SID, an ndb appr, an ils appr (both ended up with go arounds at minimum) and a visual approach (they let me do it single engine). At some point a problem arised in the cabin that would promt a nits briefing and a max rate descent / return back to the airport in due time. The "flight attendent" will ask the "captain" for the actions - forwarding the problem to the PM will not work.. Some TCAS action is possible too. You can choose from which seat you want to be the PF. There wont be any comments on how you performed at the end.

Its been 2 weeks now and I havent heard from them yet - but as they said it may take some time.

Good luck for your assessment ...

Zouzi
23rd Nov 2010, 18:19
This message is for all that have had an interview with Ryanair. Can you tell me what was the waiting time in between the time you sent in your application to the time, you were contacted for your interview, please.

sellect
24th Nov 2010, 13:41
Waited for about 1 week

norton2005
26th Nov 2010, 14:07
I waited 3 months!

flyvirgin
26th Nov 2010, 20:31
Guys can you help me out....
Can you apply from CAE and also Saa, Would it affect my chances if i applied to both?
Cheers.:ok:

VJW
26th Nov 2010, 21:28
I interview successfully two years ago- I was told by phone in the car on the drive home!

Alby_88
2nd Dec 2010, 17:07
I waited 5 months before being called for the interview. After 2 weeks (today =) ) I got the call from brookfield =) =)
Starting at EMA on the 14th February =)

Questions at the assessment:

Personal:
Usual questions.

Technical:
- Engines/Pax/Cabin Crew of the 737-800
- Questions about my last Twin: critical motor/what is the critical motor and why?/why the 737 doesn't have a critical engine?
- Speeds for Performance B during Takeoff/Vmcg
- Why does a wing stall?
- What is the stall speed of the 737?

SIM:
all at liverpool airport

me as PF:
- SID
- turns/climbs/descents at different speeds/rates
- QDM exercises
- cabin fire
- ILS
- go-around with engine failure
- 2° ILS, G/S out, normal landing

me as PM:
- Climb straight ahead clearance
- QDM exercises
- turns
- TCAS TA and RA
- NDB apch, go-around
- 2° NDB, go-around with engine failure
- visual apch, normal landing

All very straight-forward questions, no tricky. During my assessment they were all very kind and available to help us.

cheers =)

eagercadet
6th Dec 2010, 09:39
Hi guys!

I had my RYR assessment the 11th of November at STN, and beginning the typerating course at EMA March 28 with an introduction week starting the 14th also at EMA. Anyone else starting this/these dates?

@Alby_88 Are you starting T/R or introduction the 28th?

Cheers

sellect
6th Dec 2010, 13:20
Eagercadet, I am.

Also from Denmark.

eagercadet
6th Dec 2010, 13:50
Great! I've sent you a PM

Zardo
6th Dec 2010, 14:12
See you guys @ EMA the 14th of March :o)

Drakestream
6th Dec 2010, 19:32
I did an assessment with Ryanair two years ago and was unsuccessful, at the time they said I could reapply again in 12 months. Do you know if they are only interviewing people who have never done an assessment before or am I in with a chance? I'm an FO with a turboprop airline now with a lot more time and experience than I had last time, but I want to advance my career.

Alby_88
6th Dec 2010, 20:24
@eagercadet: nope I'm starting the introduction on the 28th march and the type on the 11th of april =)

cheers!

Jachobo
7th Dec 2010, 07:09
I'm at the typerating course the March 28 with introduction week starting on the 14th to!

Jachobo
7th Dec 2010, 07:23
I can confirm Alby_88s description of the interview, like to ad the questions

- Describe last twin fuel and electrical system.
- What to do in case of radio falure (EU)
- Describe spin and your actions

got the call 10 days later

cheers!

Alby_88
7th Dec 2010, 10:19
Guys I just get another call from brookfield, I received new dates for the type.

Anyone of you guys starting the introduction on the 14th of february and the type on the 28th february at EMA?

Cheers

Gyro Drift
7th Dec 2010, 16:59
Anyone starting the Type Rating introduction on the 17th of Jan 2011?

GD

zerotohero
7th Dec 2010, 18:13
Drakestream

Don't think I have met any F/O's recently started or in the 3 years I have been here either that have any previous experience, its all cadets or just G/A flight instructing experience, I would be hesitant about handing money for another assessment as it could just be water down the drain.

But you never know, Good luck in the career.

Drakestream
7th Dec 2010, 22:12
Thanks for the info zerotohero, that is as I feared. Unfortunately getting on to the jets from turboprops is so much harder these days than it used to be. I'll just wait and see what happens. I put in a fresh app with BFSAA yesterday, if they call, they call, if they don't then I'll just keep looking.

Gafanhoto
20th Dec 2010, 22:20
Got a call today from bfsaa for the assessment on 5th january, anyone is also going in that day?? :rolleyes:

arfan
21st Dec 2010, 12:20
when is ur assiment date??

Gafanhoto
21st Dec 2010, 16:52
5th january

flyvirgin
13th Jan 2011, 19:22
Can anyone help, I applied via CAE, I received an email from Charlotte asking to send my CV to her, so she can forward onto ryanair, is this the normal process. How long could you expect to wait before you get the call

turbine100
14th Jan 2011, 10:19
Thats what happened to me and replied with C.V.

I got an email 2 weeks later and she advised Ryanair rejected my application :(

kuryus
14th Jan 2011, 10:20
Lucky you?

I've been waiting for 7 months for an email like that and still nothing. :ugh:

If she asked you for the CV to be sent to Ryanair it shouldn't take very long until you're called for an assessment.

Good luck

Penny89
17th Jan 2011, 13:50
Is anybody going to the Ryanair Assessment on the 26th Jan at Stansted?

Tekor Bali
17th Jan 2011, 17:15
Do you think age is a problem?
Some guy over thirty years has been called?
I applied with both CAE and BFSAA three months ago but I'm still waiting.

davelongdon
18th Jan 2011, 21:41
Hi Penny,
I am going to the assessment on January 27th in Stansted. Are you sure yours is definitely the 26th???

oneflightcrew
19th Jan 2011, 07:39
To Tekor Bali and others that are interested, Ryanair don't call people over 30 anymore. They used to but not anymore.

Tekor Bali
19th Jan 2011, 11:00
Thanks
sadness ...

clunk1001
19th Jan 2011, 11:28
oneflightcrew: where did you get that info? I know fairly recently there were some >30 on type rating courses with them.

tabu
19th Jan 2011, 11:59
They certainly used to call people over 30. Me for one! And I was by no means the oldest person on my TR course... I didn't know that the policy had changed.

clunk1001
19th Jan 2011, 12:20
It cannot be 'policy' because it's age discrimination. In practice, who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

From what I've gathered, the average cadet age over the past few years seems to be in the 24-30 bracket, but there has always been a 'trickle' of >30s getting through (though that might be incontinence setting in).

Tekor Bali
19th Jan 2011, 12:40
4 guys from the same flight school.
License taken in the same month,
August.
Application made in October.
Only one called (december), same flight hours
for everyone.
I am 32 years old, all the other 22.

Reason? (...random...)?

Ronand
19th Jan 2011, 12:51
I know someone who recently got in a few days after his 30th birthday... But also heard the rumours that they prefer guys in their twenties.

clunk1001
19th Jan 2011, 13:40
I'd assume that they look at more than just Flight Hours. Just like any other recruitment in any other industry where there are a large number of similarly qualified candidates.

I doubt they just randomly pick the first one on the list, they will have a set criteria to work from.

And their criteria, much like Paul Gadd's, possibly includes a "preferred" upper age limit. And as in both cases such an age criterion would be considered illegal they tend not to advertise the fact. And some might even say that the similarities dont stop there for the RYR cadets that DO get selected. :}:}

tabu
19th Jan 2011, 13:52
It cannot be 'policy' because it's age discrimination. In practice, who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

Sorry my bad! Imprecise use of language there - of course I meant practice as opposed to policy. :bored:

Just for the record I was well over 30 (and considerably nearer the next 'big' birthday :() when they called me. I was fully expecting to be by far the oldest on the course but if memory serves I was second or third youngest (out of 10 or so...)

Maybe things are different now.

clunk1001
19th Jan 2011, 14:00
Maybe things are different now.

Don't you mean : "When I was a lad....." :)

flyvirgin
19th Jan 2011, 18:41
Got a call today, I have an interview on thursday 27th :)

clunk1001
19th Jan 2011, 18:46
congrats flyvirgin....but are you over 30?

flyvirgin
19th Jan 2011, 18:54
No Clunk just a baby...22

Ronand
20th Jan 2011, 15:23
Are there any girls flying for ryanair? I've travelled a lot with them but have never seen any on the flightdeck...

go around flaps15
20th Jan 2011, 15:25
Yes. I know quite a few.

AlsWings
20th Jan 2011, 15:35
Recruitment policy has changed in late 2010.
27 seems to be about the max age and fresh out of flight school is preferred.

Any former career esp professional, is seen as a disadvantage as they are more likely to see the grass is greener elsewhere...

go around flaps15
20th Jan 2011, 15:40
What evidence have you got to back those statements up?

I'm curious.

flyvirgin
20th Jan 2011, 17:34
Hi there
Has anyone had an assessment lately, What type of questions was asked.

Drakestream
20th Jan 2011, 17:58
Anyone know if they are considering people who have previously had an assessment but were unsuccessful? I went two years ago and failed, but have been flying turboprops ever since and would welcome the chance to try again.

pacrion
20th Jan 2011, 18:01
They want first time appliers...same situation here but seems they do not need lot of pilots....
Would love to hear the answer for those going to the assessment next week.

Ronand
21st Jan 2011, 10:49

mind ur business
22nd Jan 2011, 08:56
Hi guys.
I received an e-mail at the end of november from CAE. They asked me to send them my CV so that they could forward it to Ryanair for evaluation.
Did anyone of you experienced something alike? Anyone can please tell me how long it takes usually for this evaluation process to get trough?
A friend of mine had the same thing but only had to wait 4 weeks to get a call. We both have the exact same CV, got the licences in the same flight school, and both ex ryan flight attendants.
I'm really anxious about this thing and every week that goes by with no call leaves me a bit hopeless.:confused:

If anyone of you that experienced the same thing is soo kind to reply I thank you in advance.

flyvirgin
22nd Jan 2011, 09:00
I got an email last week asking for my CV, I got a call on wednesday with a interview date

minimumunstick
22nd Jan 2011, 15:59
flyvirgin

May I ask when you applied?

Good luck on your assessment!

flyvirgin
22nd Jan 2011, 17:10
I applied just before christmas having just completed the MCC/JOC at oxford.

Yaddad
23rd Jan 2011, 16:50
flyvirgin

Could you tell us a bit more about your experience? TT? PIC?
Did you apply through CAE or SAA?

Good luck for the interview!

flyvirgin
24th Jan 2011, 15:35
Does anyone know what sort of questions thry ask about the DA-42

I have 110 PIC and 250hr total time, about 30 hours on the diamond, I applied through CAE

Yaddad
24th Jan 2011, 17:02
Thank you for your answer flyvirgin.
I have 270 TT 105 PIC and 28 ME but no call. Applied early december.

I can't help you for the questions they ask, no idea, sorry.

captainjack12
24th Jan 2011, 17:14
FlyVirgin, I never got asked anything about the DA42.

sellect
24th Jan 2011, 18:37
Flyvirgin

They will normally ask about the electrical system.

glag
25th Jan 2011, 09:17
Does anyone know the exact logic behind FR calls ?? I have applied since July last and never received any call despite my experience (not age and instructional background in terms of diploma and degree) is exactly the same to the one of some friends who have been called right after a couple of weeks from the application...
Do they have a sort of slot machine ? Any kind of applicants auto-generating software ? Do they analyze and pass through all of the applications ? :rolleyes:

MeRiNo
25th Jan 2011, 12:15
Hello guys,

Is anyone going to an assessment on Feb 2?

SW1
25th Jan 2011, 13:07
RYANAIR PILOT INTERVIEW - Latest Pilot Jobs provides the latest aviation vacancies around the world. (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/ryanair-pilot-interview.html)

This looks like quite a good interview gouge if anyones interested.

flyvirgin
25th Jan 2011, 13:37
SW1 have you been to a Ryanair interview?? are these the questions that your more then likely be asked ???

SW1
25th Jan 2011, 14:28
Yes April last year. I got asked performance related questions only for the tech stuff.

Define V2? How is it worked out? 1.13 Vsr and 1.2 Vmca. take off segments.

Why Ryanair? What makes a good pilot? I just posted that link because it seemed like a good gouge.

davelongdon
29th Jan 2011, 07:35
I've recently had a Ryanair assessment.... Questions that got asked.....

Range of vor
Dihedral wings
Great circle, covergency
V speeds
Critical Engine
Weather charts

Has anyone had the results from interviews over past couple of weeks? Do they let you know if it's bad news...we got told within 7 days so just wondering whether people in January have found out the result good or bad. Does it come from Ryanair etc.

Much appreciated

Ani Flies Planes
29th Jan 2011, 10:13
Cool thanks for that...everyone asks the questions but rarely does anyone bother to come back and put them up. From what i've heard recently expect one about a week later, maybe the next Friday seems quite popular for the call. They should ring you either way! Good luck

minimumunstick
29th Jan 2011, 10:42
davelongdon

Thanks for sharing. Those questions seem to be a bit different from the ones which have been mentioned by others!

May I ask out of curiosity when you applied and when you received the invitation for the assessment?

Thanks!

flyvirgin
29th Jan 2011, 20:09
I was on the same assessment as dave, I got asked around 20 questions in the interview V Speeds, Random info on the 737, Sig weather charts, a couple gen nav questions, met, instruments, stalling, SIM, Non standard SID from Kerry, steep turns, climb descend, cabin fire, back to Kerry, procedural ILS, followed by a go around, then re-positioned for a visual approach, Once me and my Partner finished flying we had some spare time, so did some EFATO.

gigi87
30th Jan 2011, 11:04
Hi, my name is luigi, i'm from italy, i'l have my assessment on the 2nd of february 2011. what have you been studying so far? i'll be at the hilton hotel. let me know bye thanks.

Pietro84
31st Jan 2011, 10:32
Hi guys!
Are those ATPL questions asked as a written exam or Oral?
After how long they call you from the time you made the application?
see ya

flyboy146
2nd Feb 2011, 09:37
@ flyvirgin
@dave

Had any news yet? I was at assesment too.

dcoded
2nd Feb 2011, 12:17
Do all people get a call from ryan, even if you failed the assessment?

flyboy146
2nd Feb 2011, 13:18
yes of course

mind ur business
2nd Feb 2011, 13:20
Ciao gigi87
how long did you have to wait to get the call for the interview?

flyboy146
2nd Feb 2011, 13:21
depends what they tell you on the day. mine is max 7 days ending tmrw

dcoded
2nd Feb 2011, 17:36
Oh, I forgot to ask you guys something!

They state that I shall bring originals of everything asked. Now, my problem is
that I never did receive any flight school report (I am modular)
So this week I have been trying to get a hold of the people at the various FTOs I was at :)
So, They have mailed me a copy of the report they just written. So I've got no originals! Will they dismiss me right away for that? There is like 0% chance for me to get the originals on time before I leave for STN.

Anyone else who have been in the same situation?

arnireynir
2nd Feb 2011, 18:41
It shouldn't be a problem, they're not trying to fail you, they are actually very nice.
I had the same situation and they didn't comment on it.
My flight school e-mailed me a written report with a handwritten signature.

Good luck :)

ABESI
3rd Feb 2011, 11:58
Hi all,

how long generally takes Ryanair to contact you in order to invite you to an interview?
I don't know who makes the first application's screening but I understood that my application was succesfully transmitted from the recruiter to Ryanair,so I don't know if in this case I have to wait for a call from them;) or if is still possibe that Ryanair decide not to invite me despite the application was succesfully sent to them:=.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thank you inadvance:ok:

power.r
4th Feb 2011, 14:11
No, they actually email you to tell you that you have been unsuccessful, but if successful they will contact you by phone!

flyboy146
4th Feb 2011, 14:26
i just got the phonecall anyways!

pilot_FI
4th Feb 2011, 14:35
Hello everyone,

I´ve been contacted by phone but it was about 3 months ago and no contact after that. ?? Are they going to contact me again or... Does anyone know?:confused:

mind ur business
4th Feb 2011, 15:09
ABESI
happened the same to me, they recruiter transmitted my CV to the company but I didn't get a response yet.
How long have you been waiting?

mind ur business
4th Feb 2011, 15:17
pilot FI
they called and what did they tell you?

ABESI
4th Feb 2011, 20:39
I have been contacted from the recruiter 3 days after I did the application form.
So very quickly.....and you?
Regards

mind ur business
5th Feb 2011, 00:15
I received an e-mail from the recruiter 2 months ago (5 months after the application) saying that they forwarded my CV to the company and now they are awaiting a response. From then nothing more.
It feels really bad being left like this :ugh:

RSACHA
6th Feb 2011, 20:49
Hello guys,

Is it possible to have recent feedbacks regarding the Ryanair MCC at CAE or BFSAA??

Is it worth? and do you think that it makes the assessment easier?

Thank you

Regards

flyboy146
9th Feb 2011, 18:42
@irishone

I am doing the Tr on the 6th. And was at the assessment with you. Well done!

irishone
9th Feb 2011, 20:40
Cheers ... Likewise!

Ronand
12th Feb 2011, 12:41
@RSACHA A friend of mine recently did his MCC with BFSAA. He said the course was really well structured and the instructors very professional. They really emphasise CRM and sticking to sops, which is a biggie in the assessment aswell. The downside is they do their MCC on a F28. Also it is not guaranteed that you will get a shot at a ryanair assessment in stansted. He hasn't been called so far....

BCMG CAVOK
16th Feb 2011, 17:14
Anyone on the 2nd March assessment at the Stansted Training Centre?

VJW
17th Feb 2011, 01:02
I have my LPC/OPC tomorrow evening from 10pm till 3am. Anyone want to trade and do that for me while I do your sim assessment at a reasonable hour :ok:

flyingonion
17th Feb 2011, 09:15
Anyone else up for assessment 3rd March? Would anyone be interested in heading down to shannon for a go in the sim beforehand?!

SAB
18th Feb 2011, 15:31
I have tried search on this subject and only found a very little (serious) information about it, being from 2006.

Could anyone please tell what the appropiate dress code at Ryanair would be for the interview? Full suit or more casual with jeans and a shirt and tie?

Thank you in advance.

SAB
18th Feb 2011, 17:06
Ha ha,

I didn't say anything about coming in my sporting outfit. :} I know of several places where full suit is not required, but I just wanted to know what was the norm for the interview at Ryanair.

Thank you for answering though, much appreciated:)

Clinex
18th Feb 2011, 18:51
i'm also going for the assesment on the 3 of march.

I put on my aplication, and 4 days after i got an email with some questions and request of a full CV and cover letter. 3 days after that i got a call. lasted approx 30 min and then i was invited to stansted for the assesment really fast i think.

Are there others from DK that are going the same way?

minimumunstick
18th Feb 2011, 23:04
Clinex

May I ask what experience you have and which recruiter you heard from?

Good luck at the assessment!

Clinex
19th Feb 2011, 08:19
I was contacted by CAE,
I have arround 500h+ which varies from parachute flying to Foto flights which i'm still flying all year round.

Hope the answer is sufficient ;)

Wyssis
19th Feb 2011, 14:24
I've been to the assessment once but got a no. Does anyone know if its possible to apply again and after how long?

7574ever
20th Feb 2011, 18:59
Hi guys!

I'm doing my MCC in July and I'd like to apply to Ryanair after. I got my license in sep 2009 and have been finishing off my degree since then (about to graduate in a few months now). I'm wondering if anybody around here was in a similar situation (a couple of years after training/fresh MCC) and still got called for an interview/got hired.

Thanks!

XEOL
21st Feb 2011, 09:11
I am in the absolutely same situation. I´ve applied November 2010 and not being called yet :(

pacrion
21st Feb 2011, 13:33
I've been to the assessment once but got a no. Does anyone know if its possible to apply again and after how long?

Same here. They just want first time applicants. I applied after 16 months and got an email saying, sorry but just 1st app. What a pitty, because on my assessment day pilot recruiter told me to reapply 12 months later if unsuccessful...
btw they lost a good pilot :hmm:

Phenom100
21st Feb 2011, 13:37
Clinex may i ask how old you are?

DutchT7
22nd Feb 2011, 10:33
Has anybody some information about the possibility to join Ryan Air assessments with the following qualifications: MCC and 737NG Type Rating, but with 0 hours? Or is it just the self sponsored program? I've red something (old) about getting in via Brookfield AV, are the still doing their things for Ryan Air?

Thanks guys!

Ronand
22nd Feb 2011, 11:49
1.No chance of getting in if you are rated, except as captain.
2.Yes you will be working on a brookfield contract.

WX Man
22nd Feb 2011, 12:13
What's the logic behind who gets called for selection?

I filled in the form on OAA's website, and not heard anything yet. I am ex modular, though (and slightly more experienced than the 220 hr zero-to-hero guys).

WX

VJW
22nd Feb 2011, 12:38
When I had my assessment a little over 2 years ago, there was a lad there who had a 737NG type rating with no time on type- not sure why anyone would do that!

They said if he wanted to work for RYR, he'd be required to do the whole type rating again with RYR. He didn't want to do it, but it wasn't an outright no from RYR.

7574ever
22nd Feb 2011, 13:34
WX:

Did you pass everything first time and do you have a training report from your school?

I've heard these are requirements now.

decky24
22nd Feb 2011, 17:34
WX,

I too have applied several times through the OAA website and have heard nothing ,i have first time passes both atpl and flight tests so dont know whats the story,have been applying since Feb 2010.......

Wyssis
22nd Feb 2011, 19:56
Think they prefer if you did MCC at certain places, like Oxford Aviation Academy in Stockholm, but I'm not sure.
And if its gone a long time, call the place you applied via and make sure they didnt forget about you. That happened to me and a friend and when we called we got scheduled in two weeks from that phone call.

minimumunstick
22nd Feb 2011, 20:22
I thought calling was a no-no and that it might disqualify you? Or does that just apply to direct calls to Ryanair?

Gmpo
23rd Feb 2011, 09:07
Hello guys ,

Going to the assessment next wendsday 2 of march. I have 1000 h Total time of wich 700 as an instructor.
Anyone going the same day, and more or less with the same experience?

I have 1000 h Total time, Do you know if they make difficult the assessment to someone like me ?

Thank´s

Phenom100
23rd Feb 2011, 09:40
GMPO, may l ask how old you are??

Thanks Phenom100

Wyssis
23rd Feb 2011, 10:32
No, I meant calling the school that I applied via. That doesn't disqualify you. Don't think calling Ryanair would either, but I doubt they can answer questions like that if you even get through to them.

Ronand
23rd Feb 2011, 14:44
@Gmpo I had similar experience like you, and passed
@7574ever yes that is correct

Gmpo
23rd Feb 2011, 16:28
I am 27 years old.

Ronand what questions they aksed you in the technical interview? I am sure they asked you questions related to Instruction? Wich ones?

Thanks in advance.

aphelio
23rd Feb 2011, 21:11
hey guys!
today took place an assesment! anybody can tell, if the questions posted in lastjobs.com are aprox the same they ask?
on the sim, the approach is non-precision only, as stated in the ryr assesment package, or u do ILS´s too :8.?
any non-said detail to tell us about??

cheers!!! and best of luck to every one!!

Gmpo
24th Feb 2011, 14:54
Does anyone can give some information about the assessment that took place yesterday?

Cheers

captainjack12
24th Feb 2011, 17:30
Does anyone know how long you have to wait to re-apply following a rejection email? Is it 6 months?

dcoded
24th Feb 2011, 20:58
ok fellow pilots.

Let me break the ice here.

I was at the assessment a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pass.
But I have some info about the assessment in general you might be interested in.

We were 7 cadets. The group was separated in a way so you had the same guy in the sim and during the tech interview.

I got called to the sim right away. And beware, our instructor tried to set us up all the time. It started during the runway positioning.
We sat down in the sim. And started preparing. I noticed that we were on the wrong runway (we were on 14 LEEDS airport, but only got charts for 32)

The PM had already received clearance before I noticed the fault. Told the instructor, he repositioned us. But we forgot to ask new clearance....

I got cabin fire, and we requested ILS 32. We were cleared ILS app, so we did a precision app. Came out of clouds at 800' but were instructed to go around.
Got an eng fail in the first phase of go-around.

OK, now for the tricky part. The tech interview was hard, no simple answers. They wanted to check how deep your understanding is for each question with follow up questions on your answer.

Example
-You flew the Pa28 and the C172. What is the angle called between the body and wing on the pa28?
"Dihedral"
-Ok. But the C172, does not have a dihedral, why??
"THe CG is located beneath the wings so no need."
-Ok, but the Avro has high wings and anhedral why does it so??
"Because it is too stable, they wanted to reduce the stability by incorperating anhedral"
Ok.. but the C172 does not have anhedral, why isn't it too stable??

Here I didnt have any answer.

Next, question..

-You want to fly from gothenburg to new york. (he then drew on a piece of paper a straigt line) what is the shortest route to go?? (he then drew a curved line AGAINST the equator)
"The shortest way is over the pole (I stated and pointed on the wrongly drawn line)
-Yeah, why is it so then???
"Because of the convergency nearer the pole the distance of 1degree of longitude is less near the poles than on the equator.. 60nm on the equator, and less closer to pole.."

Next
-Does the Pa34 have a critical engine??
"No"
(and the answer bla bla) He didn't even let me finish.
-Ok the arm is longer, yeah you know the answer.. Does the 737 have a critical engine?
"No no crit engine"
-Does the eng on the 737 rotate in the same direction?
"I have no idea. Most probably not because you would need double supply of spare parts etc"

Ok guys. That was about all Qs I got. Very strange because the other ones in the other group with the other instructor had straight forward questions like
-Why do we want to fly high?
"Higher TAS and lower specific fuel consumtiopn"
-Good ok next question

Any more questions? Feel free to ask!

G CEXO
24th Feb 2011, 21:59
Thanks dcoded. Some very interesting information in regards to the Assessment.

Looks like the lines he drew were a great circle and a rhumb line.

The question on a critical engine, I believe the Boeing 737 does have a critical engine, and it is related to the crosswind direction. For example, if there is a crosswind from the right, the critical engine will be your right engine as if the right engine failed, the left engine will yaw the aircraft more towards the left.

Remember, the critical engine is defined as that engine which if failed would cause the greatest yawing moment.

norton2005
25th Feb 2011, 13:43
Unfortunately I didnt pass my FR assessment back in 09, messed up the interview, and shortly after they stopped accepting re applications completely even when I tried to re apply a year after, don't know if thats changed now or still the same thing!!!

pacrion
25th Feb 2011, 15:25
Hey! For those wondering to reapply again.
Just notice did my assess Oct 2009 and did not pass. Applied recently and recieved an email stating they just want first time applicants. what a pitty. Hope market will increase soon for all of us. cheers!
Ryanair is not the end :D

scotto06
25th Feb 2011, 20:41
Has anyone that was on the 17th Feb assessment heard anything from RYR yet?

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
26th Feb 2011, 08:25
hi guys
i'm attending an assessment with fr on 23/3 can anyone give some news about the assessment questions (except of dcoded) the more the better and regarding to do some practice is there any other places apart simtech and virtual flight centre to prepare for the sim assessment

thanks

WX Man
26th Feb 2011, 11:15
Omar, what's your experience and how old are you?

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
26th Feb 2011, 12:33
hi mate

did my ppl in israel but and then have done all my building hours in the uk cpl me ir in bristol atpl theory and mcc joc in oxford 273 tt 106 pic must get the job with ryanair is not that easy to get a job now days for low hours people i also think is not a bad salary this is why if every one has any information and can help would be appreciated any way i'm 27.

thanks

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
26th Feb 2011, 12:36
flew c152 c172 pa28 pa28d pa28r pa34
i hope they will ask on pa34 because the other ones it was longtime ago since i flew them

BoeingDreamer
26th Feb 2011, 15:33
From guys I know who recently was for interview, they did not ask anything on previous aircraft, but loads on 737/swept wing related stuff.

norton2005
26th Feb 2011, 15:35
My interview back in 09 they asked about my old aircraft, which I hadent flown in like a year so was quite rusty on it!!!

liveview
26th Feb 2011, 18:56
I would say the questions are like a lottery, but you can expect question about 737, jets aerodynamics or some questions relating your previous aircraft and of course the typical ones about performance, meteo...

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
27th Feb 2011, 15:10
hi guys

got an email from jetsim regarding the preparation to the sim assessment with ryanair 595 pounds for 737NG full motion/hour
370 pounds for 737ng fixed /hour
is this a normal price i was thinking to do 5 hours but god with these prices are just insane!!! :ugh:

any advises please:ok:
thanks

zerotohero
27th Feb 2011, 18:56
5 hours! you must be insane!

They don't look for Jet handling skills, you have none! (i guess)

you need to brush up on some general handling if you have not been flying much, steep turns, intercepting a radial, holding a heading and altitude with adjusting speed and thats about it, if they can do the PFD in the 6 pack layout then you want that as thats how it is done in the assessment as you are not used to PFD ND display, treat is as a seneca with a bit more speed.

Give solid support to your sim partner as CRM is a massive thing in Jets, don't try to make him look not as good as you by pointing out mistakes in a "I know all" way, just give positive support when needed.

A couple of hours is all I would recommend to do, and keep it quite, or they will be expecting a lot more of you.

p.s. make sure you can do a QDM.

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
27th Feb 2011, 19:29
to zerotohero
:O hhhhh
i know my friend i just don't wanna miss the assessment i have done my mcc in oxford on th 734 just a month ago and i just had a chat with a friend who said i should cover EFATO and emergencies he said as well a couple of hours should be enough but while doing the mcc in oaa sometimes i felt i was strugling in takeoff profiles for example and other things

didn't got these

"if they can do the PFD in the 6 pack layout then you want that as thats how it is done in the assessment as you are not used to PFD ND display"

and

"keep it quite, or they will be expecting a lot more of you."

thanks mate

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
27th Feb 2011, 19:32
"make sure do a QDM"

i guess i shoud say what is my magnetic heading to the station

is it?

zerotohero
28th Feb 2011, 01:02
QDM yes :ok:

Don't give away that you have done sim time on the 737 if you can help it as you will be expected to be a higher standard and if you have a bad day it could go against you, if you have a good day then you just look good

the sim will be set up with separate heading bug and horizon etc,, not the PFD set up in the real 738, so any training should be done with the old steam gauges too.

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
28th Feb 2011, 07:35
to zerotohero

i should find a place where they have an efis setup with a 738 performance
i don't think there is much out there the only place i know is oxford 734 wich is efis and but is also 734 perfomance

there is some difference in the engine thrust setting and i heared the 738 is also quicker in handling .

Ronand
28th Feb 2011, 09:12
How can he keep quite about the 737 sim hrs, when he has done his MCC in Oxford?
I guess everybody knows that they are using the 734. By the way It seems to be true that they expect more of you if you have done your MCC on a 737...

zerotohero
28th Feb 2011, 12:01
I guess if they look at the MCC then yes they will know about the 734 time, but just don't add by saying something like I have been in the sim all last week preparing

not sure on the speed difference between the 734 and 738 as I have only flown the 738 but it is a quick ship, the assessment wont be done to throw you at it full speed though, they know your not used to operating it so things are spaced out a bit to give you a chance to configure.

Good luck.

sellect
1st Mar 2011, 10:20
I would not waste my money on such an expensive prep. unless you feel REALLY rusty.
Good luck anyway!

boleslav
2nd Mar 2011, 15:35
Hi everyone!

I've done my Multi/Instrument/Commercial in the US in October. Now I'm struggling with ATPL Frozen and should be all set with JAR CPL/IR/ME in June. I'm seriously considering a Ryanair Cadet Programme and therefore I have some questions for you guys:

- First of all, is Ryanair still hiring cadets? On their website I saw the announcement, but on pilotjobsnetwork.com they report "neutral" hiring situation.

- What is the chance to be hired after completing a Cadet Programme? I know it can be hard for you to answer but maybe som of you have any idea....

- Where to make a MCC? CAE, OAA or maybe somewhere else? CAE and OAA are costly but they claim to conduct a "Ryanair certified MCC" though.

- How long does it approximetely take from the moment you send an application till the end of the programme? I heard that some people wait months for an interview...

Will be grateful for any information

ps. forgive me my English. It's not my first language ;)

Ronand
2nd Mar 2011, 22:42
@boleslav They are still hiring cadets at the moment. Only a small number of applicants gets invited for an interview, some wait weeks or months, some never get called. You need first time passes to be considered for an interview. If you get called, you will have to pass a technical and personal interview and a b737 simulator assessmet. About 1 out of 10 are successful on the assessment.
Hope that gives you an idea...

zerotohero
2nd Mar 2011, 23:29
BOLESLAV

I think you are missing half the story here, its not a cadet school to train you and maybe get a job, been a cadet is already having the job so to speak, your a cadet until you have finished your line training then you continue on as a line pilot at what ever base you are required, obviously you can be dropped at pretty much anytime if your not making the grade, but after a successful assessment and offer of type rating your in (after paying €33k+)

as for the MCC, what the hell is a Ryanair approved MCC?:D lol that really did make me laugh, the MCC is to be approved my the authority, be it the CAA or IAA or what ever state is issuing your license, an airline or school approved one is basically someone slapping there name on it and taking a fee for it, its a money making scam! it may or may not help you get in an airline, if I was interviewing someone and they turned up with all these approved cetlificerts and a ryanair bag and tie pin and basically looked like Joey in the friends episode with the Porsche I would dump them on pure principal of been an idiot.

anyway enough of the rant, good luck with the training.

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
3rd Mar 2011, 00:40
to ronand

1 of 10 this not what i want to hear since i'm doing an assessment on the 23/3

boleslav
3rd Mar 2011, 07:32
Alright guys, thank you for information. 1 out of 10 - that sounds like is gonna be hard!

@zerotohero. "Approved MCC" - that's what I've seen on CAE and OAA websites. I'm not 19 and have some professional experience, so I know how corporations act. That's why I've asked.

Good luck everyone

Ronand
3rd Mar 2011, 14:35
These Ryanair MCC's are basically only there to prepare you for the interview i. e using similar SOPS... I also heard that if you preform well you will get recommended for an interview. It's not a requirement though nor guarantee for an interview..

sellect
3rd Mar 2011, 16:41
Regarding the pass rate, I would say it is rather 6-7/10, so dont worry too much :)

liveview
3rd Mar 2011, 18:07
Hi guys...

I friend of mine told me that FR only call pilots who have just finished their training, I know a few people who finished 2-3 years ago and can not get even an interview. Really I totally fail to comprehend why people with 500 hours in GA can not get an interview (me for example)...and fresh people who just came out from school are being called, there is something that I can not understand...

Is there any other way to apply at FR apart to the well known CAE and Oxford??

Thanks

kumbaya
3rd Mar 2011, 19:54
I know lots of guys that applied directly after finishing training.
No one got called, applied 5-6 months ago.

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
3rd Mar 2011, 22:10
hi guys

any one knows where to go to do some sim assessment preparation

thanks

p.s. to sellect

thanks mate for saying that makes me feel better
:ok:

VJW
4th Mar 2011, 08:41
Your CPL/IR and MCC coures were your sim assessment preparation. :E

flyingguy1984
4th Mar 2011, 08:41
Sorry if this seems a tad negative, however I'm fairly convinced they almost know who they are going to take on before you even pay your £250. At the end of the day, 9/10 candidates for assessment have exactly the same number of hours, same licence etc, the interview is merely to confirm you are up to the job and probably to make up numbers. I'd barely been in my interview two minutes and I already knew they wouldn't pick me, just by the style of questioning which I've never experienced in an interview before. And my fears were confirmed when me and my partner were given around 10 minutes each in the sim because a first officer had to do his yearly check and they had run late. I wasn't that set on going the ryanair route to start with, I just thought perhaps the interview and sim check would be a good experience and I would see what happened. The only experience I got was realising that their aim is to make money out of you and no I am not actually bitter I didn't get accepted, I am just bitter that I got no feedback and the whole experience cost me near £500.

Mikehotel152
4th Mar 2011, 09:05
Having been through the system and been successful, I'd say it's more like 25% are successful, if that. And that was nearly 2 years ago when they were desperate for cadets! :p

I had never flown a 738 before the assessment day and paid for some time in a full motion 738 sim, not so much to get a head start, but to make sure I felt comfortable with the layout and feel of the sim. I am convinced that this was worthwhile and the proof is in the pudding: I had a good assessment day and passed. My sim buddy had a mare and got a rejection email within days.

I also had a good-humoured and friendly interview. Remember, whatever you may have heard about FR, they're not just looking for people who can be trained, they want people who are socially adept. Be friendly, cheerful, smile, but know your technical stuff.

PS: 10 minutes in the sim is normal, but yes, the TRE will know within seconds whether you have the aptitude to fly a jet. He doesn't need 30 minutes of hold entries or raw data ILS approaches to form a view!!

PPS: I gave the assessment day a substantial investment of time. money and effort. 2 or 3 years ago there were few other options, if any, and my gamble paid off. These days there are other airlines recruiting...

FR1A
4th Mar 2011, 09:39
"I wasn't that set on going the ryanair route to start with"

Flyinguy - looks like the interviewers are good at their job.

flyingguy1984
4th Mar 2011, 10:03
lol maybe you're right! however I didn't make that obvious on the day - I did give it everything. Also all the guys got 45 minutes each in the sim that day, and we were told we were being cut short because they sim was booked. They apologised but like I said, if I'd got my 45 minutes at least the £250 went to something enjoyable :)

Ronand
4th Mar 2011, 10:35
I have also passed, but getting only 10 minutes in the sim seems to me unfair, as you are paying for it. On my assessment day each applicant got a minimum of 45 min some even more....
@liveview your friend definitely doesn't know what he is talking about, I personally got in a few months ago with more than 500hrs in GA and having finished my training years ago. I know many guys who got in years after they finished their training.

VJW
4th Mar 2011, 10:47
In addition to the above where %'s are being thrown around, they are all guessing.

3 years ago, there were 4 applicants on my day, all 4 got selected. I'm sure there were days where 12 showed up and none got through. Basically, you either meet their standard or you don't - for whatever reason.

My sim was a good 45 mins with my partner then doing the same after.

Avio77
4th Mar 2011, 18:22
Hi Guys I sent my application in december but no answer. How long you must wait ??

WeMadeYou
5th Mar 2011, 01:13
Hello.

I read in the thread earlier Ryanair won't even consider you if you failed anything before. Is that really true? I failed one ATPL exam and passed it in the second attempt. Am i out of chance already? All other checkrides passed in first..

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
5th Mar 2011, 08:18
to WeMadeYou

i don't think it should be a problem mate i failed may cpl and partialed it seceond time and still got the interview just make sure when you apply to them throw OAA where you have the space to fill under "Additional Info"you write some words to let them know how much you are interested
this is what i have done and it did took me to the interview in a couple of weeks know the hard bit is to pass it

don't worry be positive keep sending

bye

Gyro Drift
5th Mar 2011, 08:47
Avio77,

It varies on how long it takes them to get in touch with you after sending the initial application. It only took a matter of days for one friend of mine, crazy! Then at the other end of the scale I know someone who waited around 4 months.

I was one of the fortunate ones and got contacted within 2 weeks. I can't figure out a logic behind their selection, maybe top of the pile etc like I've seen before in this discussion.

All the best anyway,

Avio77
5th Mar 2011, 16:00
Many Thanks Gyro, all the best to you !

decky24
6th Mar 2011, 15:22
Maybe somebody can answer this,

I applied through CAE about a year ago and and heard nothing so i called to see if my application was uploaded ok and they said yes and that i should hear something within a week or so which i did and the email was that my application was not going through to the next stage and that they could not give me a reason because of the overwelming amount of CVs they recieve on a daily basis,so then i applied through OAA and after a two month wait i emailed them to see if everything was ok and the reply was the same as the one i got back from CAE ,i passed all my atpls first time 90% avg and all my skills tests first time also so i really dont know what the problem could maybe my age 33? is there anybody else with the same problem?

Ronand
8th Mar 2011, 17:34
I'm afraid you are right...

Mikehotel152
8th Mar 2011, 18:29
I was 32 when I applied. 4 guys on my TR were 30+.

nagex
8th Mar 2011, 19:49
Mikehotel152, when did you apply?

Has anyone on here, over 30, got an interview recently?

aphelio
9th Mar 2011, 21:08
hi there!
I read that every assessment is attended by 7 or 8 persons, does anybody know how many, average, pass it?
if they make pairs for the sim, why do they call odd number of people to the assessment day?

cheers guys!!

Irish_Flyer88
9th Mar 2011, 21:12
Hey when I went there was 9 of us. All paired up with people we didn't know for the sim check. Not too sure how they delt with the odd guy out!

Got the call last week from them, going for induction on 23rd May and TR on 6th June...Anyone else here on that course?

giggitygiggity
9th Mar 2011, 22:49
Difficult one though, either twice as much chance of impressing them or twice as much chance of making a mistake. I wouldn't want to push my luck with a second round in the sim!

aphelio
9th Mar 2011, 23:00
thanks guys!
congrats irish_flyer and good luck for everyone else going following days!!

OMAR HABEEB ALLAH
10th Mar 2011, 13:04
any one guys going on the 23/3 to the assessment in stansted?
any updates thx