PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

goaround_track
8th Sep 2014, 15:14
great!! congrats! happy for you man! I´m also waiting for the call. Could you please give further details about questions and listening?? Thanks a lot, appreciate your help!

Cbourke1994
9th Sep 2014, 22:22
Hi there, I had my Ryanair Assessment in Dublin on the 28th of August. I received the phone call the next day. The interview was pretty laid back.

Is anyone starting their Type Rating in EMA on the 3rd then Amsterdam 17th of November? the course code is CAE1411.

speed_alive_rotate
10th Sep 2014, 07:04
Hey Cbourke1994, what sort of tech interview questions did you get??

Cbourke1994
10th Sep 2014, 07:52
speed_alive_rotate;

I was asked what are Jetstreams? How are they formed? What is the height of the Tropopause (at the poles and equator)? Why is it different?

Then I was asked "If the CEO of Ryanair was to take away load sheets, How would you feel?" This lead into;
Why do we have Load sheets? What do we look at Load sheets for?

speed_alive_rotate
10th Sep 2014, 08:30
Cbourke1994: Great Information greatly appreciated. Best of luck in type rating and future career.

elmore81
10th Sep 2014, 14:09
Hi,

I've just been contacted by phone and they asked me to provide proof of the cpl meir results during the interview. I submitted those docs when i went to get my licence issued and no longer have them.

I submitted my flight school report when they first got in touch, will it be enough for me to take that along on the day as proof?

KORE
10th Sep 2014, 16:51
hey there

I'm a a little confused, as so many are, about those flight school reports etc. I received the initial mail, stating that they want me to submit my CV and answer the questionaire from the email. BUT: The end of the mail contains a small summary which in fact says they just need the CV AND the answered questions, nothing about any results or whatever at this stage of the process?! I have sent my reply with just the CV and the answers, a day later CAE informed me that they reached my CV to RYR themself.

Statement made in the initial email:
"
Please be aware that you MUST obtain written confirmation of your ATPL, CPL and MEIR results from your FTO/Authority (exam certificates, grades, attempts, etc), as you will be required to provide evidence of these if your application proceeds in the selection process and reaches Assessment

"

1. They already sent my CV to RYR, so no further questions about any results BY NOW

2. Is my English that bad, so that I didn't get the email correctly? ....results etc IF YOUR APPLICATION PROCEEDS....

It seems that everyone in here have sent their flight school reports etc with this particular initial reply....:sad:

Cloudsurfer2305
10th Sep 2014, 18:57
You will recive a mail with all Infos about the documents you Need to bring with! when is your assessment day?

Cloudsurfer2305
10th Sep 2014, 19:00
Come on guys... any Infos about the Dublin Tech Assessment? Thanks a lot ;)

eagledream
10th Sep 2014, 19:21
Interview done last week.

SIM: SID from EMA half completed, followed by a NDB tracking to then enter the hold. Cabin fire to follow and immediate landing ILS rwy 27.

TECH: high lift devices, jetstreams, 738 questions. HR about myself, why chose certain school, where i would like to be based, why should they pick me to work for them and why do I want to work for ryanair.

negative outcome.

S7EVIN
10th Sep 2014, 19:32
For anyone who is starting the type rating november the 10th LGW1401 send me a pm, I will send you the link of the facebook page. :ok:

KORE
10th Sep 2014, 19:46
@Cloudsurfer2305

Haven't got an appointment yet. CAE just recently sent my CV over to RYR. Waiting for approval and hopefully then the phone interview...

smokey1304
10th Sep 2014, 20:11
Hey Guys,
First who is also in the course CAE1412 which will begin at the 24.11 in AMS, please PM I want to make a facebook group and talk about accomodation and so on.
Had my Assessment on the 27.08
First simulator ,which was really stressful, SID then turns and 3 Miles to an NDB for Hold there, then smoke and fire in cabin, return to liverpool ndb approach.
Interview was really fair, technical questions: jetstreams, IRS, GPS, 737( cabin attendents questions).
greatings

dreamlinerdude
13th Sep 2014, 12:55
How in gods name, does one even get a RYR interview. I've applied last xmas and nothing.... Any advise chaps?

LeRotisseur
16th Sep 2014, 06:33
Hi Everyone,

Just to give a quick return of experience, I applied in March 2013 and got the famous email at the begining of this month.
At first, I've sent the wrong papers concerning the "ATPL, CPL and IRME results". (I assumed it was the wrong papers, they haven't advised me).
so I wrote a second reply with the corrected attachments.
Then I was advised that they will call me this week for the phone interview.

So I will try to give you a return of the next stages.

LeRotisseur
16th Sep 2014, 15:31
Hi All,

So they called me this afternoon.
Simple questions about your last flight date, last sim date, do you passed all your ATPL certificates at the first attempt, the same for CPL and IRME...

Then a quick text will be red twice. For me it was a text about fire onboard.
Few questions about this text.

At the end, she told me that there is 2 possible dates available for the assessment, the price of the assessment and she will call me tomorrow to tell me if I am received to the next stage...

Should I be worried about that ? I've red that most people here had a direct answer and convocation for the assessment !

elmore81
16th Sep 2014, 16:19
I was called the next day and offered a date. Don't panic

Cloudsurfer2305
16th Sep 2014, 17:10
Now it works like this... you will get a second call ;)

Pauline_
16th Sep 2014, 18:41
LeRotisseur, I was called yesterday and had the same..
Today, unfortunately nobody called.:/

We have to wait ...

metroflyer
17th Sep 2014, 09:49
Hi guys,

I was called last friday. Same questions and information but I had no listening.
They told me I would be called on monday for the dates.
Still no answer

Anyone like me? Did you all get the listening?

LeRotisseur
17th Sep 2014, 10:05
So I've been called today, I'm invited to an assesment the 1st of October in Dublin :cool:
I'm torn between joy and stress !
If anyone of you is also coming on the 01/10 let me know.

Rmy
17th Sep 2014, 10:26
Congrats ! And quite a lot of time for getting ready, that's good ! :ok:

elaine pedley
17th Sep 2014, 10:27
Im also interested in hearing from anyone who has experience of making a second successful application please.

Pauline_
17th Sep 2014, 11:11
ok, i was called for the assessment - 30.09, DUB, anyone else?

ValePilot
17th Sep 2014, 11:17
Im also interested in hearing from anyone who has experience of making a second application please

me too:bored:

GeorgeHarrison
17th Sep 2014, 12:07
I have been interviewed in STN in July 2011. Then I have received the email saying that I didn't pass...after a few months I have re-applied with two more email addresses and I've been called again in April 2013; obviously, you don't wanna mess up with them, so when they phoned and asked me whether or not I had already been called for an interview I said 'yes'. They said they would have let me know and my application got rejected one week after.

LeRotisseur
17th Sep 2014, 13:13
I've red here that some guys have been invited recently to an assesment and it is their second attempt with RYR.
I don't remember who but it's written somewhere in this very long thread.

KORE
17th Sep 2014, 14:49
Anyone in Dublin for assessment on 1st October? Looking forward to meeting you there!

metroflyer
18th Sep 2014, 05:20
Has anybody been called recently with more than 1000h?
For the ones with date for the assesment, which is your flight time?

Thanks

Caedmon
18th Sep 2014, 09:33
Hallo Everyone,

I've just been called and invited to Dublin on 29th September. Anybody Else?

737AGP
18th Sep 2014, 12:44
Hi everyone,

I have been invited for the assessment on the 30th of September in DUB. If there is someone else having it on the same day, don't hesitate in contacting me, would be great to have a chat before meeting you there!

Best Regards.

LeRotisseur
21st Sep 2014, 10:24
Hi All,

For Those invited for an assesment on the 30/09 or 01/10, have you received your briefing pack ?
A little more than one week remaining and still nothing.
I've answered their mail with the attachments...

Enjoy your Sunday

KORE
21st Sep 2014, 15:38
Hey there.

It's stated in the email that the briefing package is beeing released friday or saturday on the week before the assessment. I'm invited on the 1st Oct, which means the briefing package can be expected friday or saturday this week...

LeRotisseur
21st Sep 2014, 16:32
Yes, I saw that,

I wanted to be sure of it, because we'll have a very short time to review these informations...

smok84
22nd Sep 2014, 02:14
does anybody know for what bases ryanair is hiring now?

Shooting_Star
22nd Sep 2014, 09:09
All network, completly random as it always is and probably will be...

d_walsh94
22nd Sep 2014, 16:22
I have received an e-mail from CAE asking for my CV and to answer some questions before Wednesday 24th September. It also states that I need my license. This is a problem for me as I have just left my flight school and am currently waiting for my license to be sent over to me in the post. Has anyone else had similar problems? Would appreciate some feedback!

sosu89
22nd Sep 2014, 19:51
Hello everyone,

First of all I wish you all the best of luck for your assessment day.

Just one question, all of you who will be attending your assessment day do you have any flying experience. Sorry for asking but I will be starting my pilot coarse from zero to frozen ATPL and I am wonder what opportunities I can get after my year and half course.

Would appreciate your comments :):)

LeRotisseur
23rd Sep 2014, 00:19
Hi,

Well, I guess there is various profiles, Each one is different...
Some of us are low timers, some are not !

Don't panic, I know that many guys has been hired just after their training with less than 200 hours.

metroflyer
23rd Sep 2014, 09:42
Hi mates!

I've been called for the 6th of october in Dublin:D

I had the phone interview 10 days ago and today I' ve received the call.

Anybody else for the 6th?

speed_alive_rotate
23rd Sep 2014, 10:53
Guys who are being called, will you just include your age, TT flying hours and if you got first time passes in ATPLs and flight exams please. Just for the benefit of all who are waiting. Thanks guys, and wish you the best of luck in your assessments. Please let us know how the assessments went after too!

poolsmith
23rd Sep 2014, 14:24
they sent me an email saying they would call me on 3 specific dates, although they haven't called me at all? should i send them an email to inquire?

hoelie
23rd Sep 2014, 15:40
Does your flight school has to be related with CAE to get a call?

OhNoCB
23rd Sep 2014, 15:51
No. Friend of mine is on TR course at present and only 2 people in his course of 12 was at a CAE school.

JACK14
24th Sep 2014, 15:25
Hello everyone ,
does anybody of you has been called for assesment on RYR as NOT TR F/O with other airline experience ?
I applied in June as experienced F/O NOT type rated on B737 (2500 TT 2000 JET over 27 tons) but still waiting for an answer or invitation for assesment.
Anybody else like me ??
Do they call initially by email or by phone ??
Thanks
Cheers
Jack

Citationcj2
24th Sep 2014, 15:30
Quote: Guys who are being called, will you just include your age, TT flying hours and if you got first time passes in ATPLs and flight exams please. Just for the benefit of all who are waiting. Thanks guys, and wish you the best of luck in your assessments. Please let us know how the assessments went after too!

As above, it will make the life easier.

Im hearing rumours everywhere that FR won't touch pilots over 30 years of age.

Only young flesh:(

eagledream
24th Sep 2014, 19:36
I can guarantee this 30+ rejection myth is untrue. I know quite a few who got a job and 1 only a couple weeks ago passed at age of 32

annita
24th Sep 2014, 20:53
As I said before , i know two boys 34 and 35 , both applied almost 4 years ago.
First time pass and one of them quite high both in the 250 hrs tt range and they keep updating the profiles and have never been called.

I want to believe that age does not matter but something is not right

chrisoik
24th Sep 2014, 22:24
Hi everybody.. 210hrs just graduated applied 30-8 got email on the 19th about sending them ny cv. My age is 33 with a Bachelors and Master Degree on enginnering plus 8 years work exp. not in aviation though. Two other friends of mine got the first email the one is 32 and the other 35
Is just pure luck. What can usay i hope all the best to all of us!

eagledream
24th Sep 2014, 22:47
Best bet is to withdraw application and resubmit

annita
25th Sep 2014, 04:45
Told that to one of them ,he does it every six months.

seven3
25th Sep 2014, 09:47
Told that to one of them ,he does it every six months.

And does it changes something in the end ?
Can you withdraw and resubmit without having to create another account !?

poolsmith
25th Sep 2014, 10:56
I have had 2 emails now saying they would ring me but still no phone call?!

annita
25th Sep 2014, 11:07
No idea ,I have not applied to be able to give you feedback

aquafly
25th Sep 2014, 21:13
Hi everyone!

Are there any FI's in this thread that could kindly tell me what Ryanair asked them during their interview? I know the questions are random but I was just wondering if there are any common questions and topics that they particularly like to question Flight Instructors about.
Many thanks :)

metroflyer
26th Sep 2014, 11:05
Is anybody else with an assesment the 6th?

smokey1304
26th Sep 2014, 19:43
No questions relating to the flight instructor thing!

Haliaeetus
27th Sep 2014, 06:52
A few points.

The rumour about Ryanair not hiring cadets beyond age 30 is not true. I know several guys (including myself) in their 30s who have passed the assessment. Don't give up because of your age.

I got the email asking for a CV more than 12 months after applying. I had pretty much given up and was amazed that they would actually read applications that old. I don't think withdrawing and reapplying is a good idea. Why would you want to withdraw an application if there's a chance they might respond to it? If you want to push it then apply again using another email address.

I have 250 TT and completed my training 18 months ago. First time passes and good ATPL grades.

The good thing about Ryanair recruitment is that they ask for a flight school report. This can of course work for or against you. If you are still in flight school do whatever you can to convince your instructors of your professionalism. Study hard, be as prepared as humanly possible for every flight.

I have no inside information about how the report affects your chances, but I believe it really matters. Especially if it's from a school with a good reputation. The recruiters are professionals who are well aware of the fact that the assessment day does not necessarily reflect your true potential, because you are nervous and it's just one day. Your instructors, however, actually know you and what it is like to work with you, long-term. Remember, they are not looking for somebody who can show flawless assessment day performance. They want people who are easy to train and easy to work with.

speed_alive_rotate
27th Sep 2014, 09:40
Great and well made points Haliaeetus. At what stage do Ryanair request your school report, when your cv gets forwarded to Ryanair or when you originally send them a cv with your results etc.

ValePilot
27th Sep 2014, 10:07
If you want to push it then apply again using another email address
Now is no more allowed to do this. Is reported on CAE website!:ok:

marcoBCN
28th Sep 2014, 17:44
@ Simtech aviation, near the logistic park

flyleaf
29th Sep 2014, 12:24
hello everyone,
I sent my application to ryr via cae a couple of months ago;
does anybody know if it's better to delete it and resend it every once in a while or just live it there and wait?

I'm just a little concerned that it might be forgotten for a long time if I live it a it is, and on the other hand I don't want to jump again to the bottom of a possible waiting list.

the bottom line is... I just have no idea how this process works!!! :}
does anybody have a clue ?

thank you

S7EVIN
29th Sep 2014, 12:51
Couple of months and already thinking about reapplying?

Seriously?

I applyed and got the invitation 5 months later.

Someone at the assessment got invited less than a month after applying.

Someone never get a chance.

Personally I never thought about reapplying and I do not see any valuable reason to do such a thing.

ValePilot
29th Sep 2014, 12:59
I applyed and got the invitation 5 months later.
You had this fortune! :ok:

speed_alive_rotate
29th Sep 2014, 13:02
Guys any of you know when your flight school report gets submitted? On your original application, or when your cv has been forwarded to Ryan. Thanks

S7EVIN
29th Sep 2014, 13:03
Point is, as nobody understand how they call people why using those kind of tricks?

@ speed_alive: you must bring the school report with you at the assessment.

speed_alive_rotate
29th Sep 2014, 13:10
@S7EVIN; Great thanks for the information.

flyleaf
29th Sep 2014, 16:01
@S7EVIN:

Point is, as nobody understand how they call people why using those kind of tricks?

yes u have a point there... I was just hoping somebody knew better :ok:

aquafly
29th Sep 2014, 17:54
Any feedback from any recent interviews?

Which plates do they seem to be favouring at the moment?

Cloudsurfer2305
30th Sep 2014, 07:55
I had my Assessment in Dublin ... 6 of us already received a feedback, 3 positive, 3 negative. Me and my Partner still nothing.... does anybody know why?
Thanks

goaround_track
30th Sep 2014, 11:01
@cloudsurfer2305 When did you have your assessment? I´m still waiting for feedback!

ValePilot
30th Sep 2014, 11:23
Have you perhaps asked if after a fail at interview, is there the possibility for another? Because lately there are people who got the opportunity!

S7EVIN
30th Sep 2014, 11:31
Someone told me that a guy jumped in at his third attempt :}

ValePilot
30th Sep 2014, 11:43
Really???:eek:

S7EVIN
30th Sep 2014, 11:48
So I heard.

ValePilot
30th Sep 2014, 14:35
Photon could you explain better?? I have some doughts...

Photon85
30th Sep 2014, 15:10
explain better in regards to what?

pudoc
30th Sep 2014, 15:26
First congrats to the ones who are called for an assessment! How can I apply to ryanair??? Is there any mail? If someone could help me please PM me the details as I'm in a really desperate search....

And people wonder why they are unemployed... :rolleyes:

Aleboni
30th Sep 2014, 18:58
photon i think he's asking if this is second time you attend ryanair assessment

smokey1304
30th Sep 2014, 19:55
Hey guys again the question who else is in Course CAE 1412, Starting at the 8.December in Amsterdam? Please PM

YaKyLLaN
30th Sep 2014, 22:08
people who had his second attempd...

did you answer "YES" when you were asked if it was their first time applying to RYR?

Photon85
1st Oct 2014, 00:51
Hm, not sure how my post could be interpreted as such.

This is my first time applying to Ryan Air. Only thing I was asking was if anyone had ever re-scheduled the assessment day, as mine was a bit inconvenient.

ValePilot
1st Oct 2014, 07:09
People said to me , the correct answer is "NO" :E:E , and they were invited for interview.

pudoc
1st Oct 2014, 14:37
A friend ask to reschedule by 3 months due to a birth of a child. They said ok, and he is now working for them.

LeRotisseur
1st Oct 2014, 16:26
Hi all,
I've Been through the assesment today, sim was non standard departure rwy hdg until 4dme then interception of QDM of the VOR. Then handling Skills, turns, accellerations, decelerations, climbs, descents...
After that we had a suspected bomb onboard, and we asked for vectors to the ils (Sometimes atc will answer that vectors are not available). When aligned on final course, atc advised me that GS may not work properly (5 miles before interception) so we rushed onto an alternate procédure just in case (i reviewed to my teamate what to do if the GS fails...)
My partner got almost the same Flight. No tricky stuffs.

The interview was about myself, why ryanair, which bases would i choose, why me, we talked a lot about my curent job. It was in a very relaxed atmosphère.
A few questions about FMA, PFD, avionics generally speaking. That' it

I really enjoyed this day. We've learned a lot of interresting things. The other guys were from all over Europe, from différent Flight schools, some of them were modulars, others were integrated students.
All the informations you need are already written on this thread, we all had something Similar with the feedbacks we can read here.

So now Wait and see, i will keep you informed.
I hope it will help you anyway.

speed_alive_rotate
1st Oct 2014, 18:43
Thanks for the excellent feedback @LeRotisseur. Hope all went well and will be a successful outcome for you. Did they give any indication as to what bases are available or the chances of you successfully getting one of your chosen bases?

LeRotisseur
1st Oct 2014, 22:58
No they didn't. As far as I know they are not asking to everybody if you have some favorites bases. I think you Will have to Tell them your choice by the end of your Line training and you Will be given a base according to these choices (or not) :bored:

KORE
2nd Oct 2014, 04:52
LeRotisseur, totally agree with your informations given. I think we had quite a nice group of candidates, mixed from throughout Europe

My interview though was really weird. Just got some questions about myself and how I got into flying. What do I think about my instructors. What do you know about Ryanair?
Technical: Why Loadsheets? Whats ZFW for? ADF failures. That's it. I'm really expecting a negative outcome, the interview just lasted about 20 minutes with pretty 'sub-basic' questions. It seemed to me that they didn't want to get to know me any further.

For my partner and me the simulator was really intense. Cabin crew informed us that we have smoke in the cabin. The problem was that we had to deal with it while entering a holding at EMA NDB so the workload was as high as could possibly be.
Our assessor was pushing us all the time. My bouddy and I came to the conclusion that we at least kept talking while trying to manage everything

Centralized one could definitely say the atmosphere was relaxed and the folks you get to know there are all as nervous as you are. We all came out of the building more or less stressed and somehow frustrated haha so we'll see what the results are.

Cheers

Delta_Charlie
2nd Oct 2014, 07:29
Hi guys,

I got the telephone interview few days ago.
During the last month the recruiter use to read a short text twice and then She asks 3 questions in order to check our English knowledge. I'm surprised because I didn't have this check.. She told me that I will have further information in a week.

Someone in the same boat?

french frog
2nd Oct 2014, 07:56
@leRotisseur,
thanks for the feedback, could you tell me how old are you?
I left school in 2009 and I am still waiting for a call from Ryanair,
but till now no news and I will have soon more than 30 :-(

speed_alive_rotate
2nd Oct 2014, 08:01
Delta Charlie, if English is your first language maybe it is not required, or maybe talking with you she assessed your English to be more than adequate.

LeRotisseur
2nd Oct 2014, 10:03
@french frog,
I'm 30, I think i was the older candidate with the fewer hours !

Aweskar
2nd Oct 2014, 12:07
Hi all!

Got the call yesterday, and heading for the assessment on october 13th. Anyone else here got that day?

I'm 22 with 240h TT.

yacom5
2nd Oct 2014, 16:09
All the assessments are only held in Dublin or still in stansted and eastmidlands ?

sylosis
2nd Oct 2014, 16:10
Hi guys,

Anyone for the LGW1402 starting 8th december in EMA and then 29th december in AMS??

Kalleberg
2nd Oct 2014, 18:26
I am also going October 13th.

french frog
3rd Oct 2014, 07:49
For the people who are invited at the ryanair assessment, how old are you? I believe most of the candidates are less than 30, is it legal?

JohanP
3rd Oct 2014, 10:05
Hi guys!
I was wondering in the event I would be called, do you think I have a chance to go for the interview with 1 ATPL subject retake (all the others 1st time), IR partial, and CPL 1st pass...
Does anyone have been called with that kind of background or is this too just?
Thx

TuomasG
3rd Oct 2014, 13:29
Hi,
Does anyone have troubles in the paying process of the assessment fee? I receive a message, that my payment is "declined". I suppose that it means insufficient transaction (not 100% sure).

S7EVIN
3rd Oct 2014, 16:51
Retry later.

I got many "declined" before getting an "authorized".

Glidertower
4th Oct 2014, 14:21
Hello guys!

I submitted my application january 2012 and updated my information about 2 times a year. Now almost 3 year later still haven't got any reaction, is there anything i can do to get a response? 25 years old, cpl me/ir, 300 hours, 40 hours gliding and glider towing rating.

Thanks for your reactions!

Kalleberg
4th Oct 2014, 19:39
If someone else is going to the assessment october 13 in Dublin, send me a PM. Maybe we can meet up beforehand and have a beer and some food :ok:

I will be in Dublin from 11-14 october

Photon85
7th Oct 2014, 10:12
Does anyone who have been to the interview in the past month or so know if they are still using jeep plates or not ?

Gibsonical
7th Oct 2014, 14:03
I just got a call letting me know that I will be going to the assessment day on the 21st of October in Dublin. Anyone else going on that date?

Yandark
7th Oct 2014, 22:17
If someone else is going to the assessment october 20 in Dublin, send me a PM. Maybe we can meet up beforehand.: ok:

I will be in Dublin from 18-21 october

smok84
8th Oct 2014, 00:54
hi everybody,

anyone got an invite with a TR but with less than 500 hours on type?

LeRotisseur
8th Oct 2014, 18:20
Some people has been invited for the cadet Non TR interview even with a TR and zero hour on type.
I know a guy which was successful and got invited to the TR. He has to pay again for the entire TR program even if he is already rated.

Pilot1002
8th Oct 2014, 19:03
Hy, I am also finished my school sept. 2012 and applied in okt. 2012 at ryan air. No answer, No confimation mail, nothing. What is the problem?!
I´m 28, 315h TT, MCC and JOC on B737, IR, MEP, CPL, ATPL theory (14 subjects, none below 90%)

Please Help :D

Dufo
8th Oct 2014, 20:23
You're overqualified for a 315TT. Now if you throw some type ratings on this you might be suitable for pay2fly scheme.

Cobra2024
8th Oct 2014, 22:10
To be honest I felt a bit jealous when I read that he has 315, when most people end up with ~190-250.

Dufo, what do you think is the maximum TT someone should have and how long does someone wait on average to get any news after he applied?

francescopc
9th Oct 2014, 14:11
Hello guys!
I'm Francesco from Italy.
I've just got the phone interview, and I've passed this stage. At the end of the phone call she told that I will receive another call for the assessment day.
Is it normal?
How long does it takes for an answer?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Rmy
9th Oct 2014, 14:36
Anyone going the 23rd of October in Dublin ? Contact me so we can get to know each other and maybe meet beforehand ? :)

Ant787
9th Oct 2014, 15:36
Anybody going for the Ryanair assesment on 21st October in Dublin? Message me if you are!

flyleaf
9th Oct 2014, 21:52
Is anybody going to Stansted for the assessment on the 23rd of october?

ValePilot
10th Oct 2014, 06:19
Well! You've applied when?:ok:

Rmy
10th Oct 2014, 07:01
Applied end of July 2014, was first contacted beginning of September.

Good luck to all !

ThomasAdam
10th Oct 2014, 07:12
Hello guys,
I'm also invited for the assessment on 20th October in Dublin. I have not received my briefing pack jet.
Where do i find the training centre?
Is there a hotel next it which you can recommend?

LeRotisseur
10th Oct 2014, 09:16
The Metro Hotel Dublin Airport is suggested in your briefing pack.
It costs approx. 70 to 100$/ night depending of the "special offers"...
The assesment stands at "sim tech" around the airport.
The hotel provides a shuttle to drive you to Sim Tech on the morning.

Viviaviator
10th Oct 2014, 10:22
Hey guys, I received the email from CAE two days ago asking for my CV and to answer 6 questions. No school report required in the first email but they recommend you to get one because it'll be required if the application process will continue.
Yesterday i sent the CV and answered the questions...I'll keep you updated

ThomasAdam
10th Oct 2014, 10:56
thanks for your reply. how many days in advance can i expect the briefing pack?

LeRotisseur
10th Oct 2014, 15:26
Apparently Good,
They just called me today and I'm in :ok:
Starting the type rating the 19th January in AMS.

colemanwings23
10th Oct 2014, 16:19
Good afternoon!

I've been called for the interview the 22nd of october is any of you guys going that day?

Viviaviator
11th Oct 2014, 07:36
I'm still waiting for a reply to the first email i sent containing CV and the 6 answers.
How much does it take to receive response after sending CV and answers?

Photon85
11th Oct 2014, 08:06
For me it took 1 day from sending the CV and the email with the answers, to an email saying they had forwarded the information to Ryan Air.

Then it took 1 more week to get the phone interview notification.

Heavy Rain
11th Oct 2014, 13:11
Hi Guys, I'm looking for people which are already pass the interview and scheduled for the type rating course CAE1414

PrivatePilotDA40NG
13th Oct 2014, 09:49
should I take my CV out and resubmit?

ValePilot
13th Oct 2014, 09:59
Have you been called?

PrivatePilotDA40NG
13th Oct 2014, 10:06
Vale,
No CV been in there for 9 months now, haven't been called or contacted by CAE yet.

anderse
14th Oct 2014, 14:03
Anyone up for 29th oct assessment?

LeRotisseur
15th Oct 2014, 01:09
Hi everyone,

I wonder if some of you are familiar with IAA licensing transfer. I struggle with converting my french licences to IAA... especially due to my expiration dates (IRME and medical) which are expiring in few weeks. Do I have to renew my IR/ME and medical in France before starting the TR or let it expire and deal with IAA during the Type Rating ?

Thanks guys !

S7EVIN
15th Oct 2014, 11:07
The IAA will not transfer any expired rating. As the transfer process can take up to 12 weeks they suggest to have valid ratings for at least 16 weeks.

You can find everything on their website, along with the cost of 363€. :{

Maxime62280
15th Oct 2014, 12:13
I am invited for the assessment on October 23rd in Dublin :)

pa28_mate
15th Oct 2014, 13:43
Hi all,

Had my assessment nearly 2 weeks ago in Dublin. Still haven't heard anything. How long did it take them to get back to you and how did they contact you? Thank you

washburn
15th Oct 2014, 15:10
For me it took exactly two weeks to get an answer. But I've heard from some guys that they've gotten back to them within days, so I guess it depends.

Normally they will call you if you are successful and email you if you're not.

pudoc
15th Oct 2014, 19:40
Do I have to renew my IR/ME and medical in France before starting the TR or let it expire and deal with IAA during the Type Rating ?

You need a current MEIR for the day you start the type rating. MEP may not have to be current, not sure. Yes for the medical.

S7EVIN
15th Oct 2014, 19:47
They do not care about MEP.

KORE
16th Oct 2014, 11:59
Anyone starting TR on 16 of Feburary? Course LGW 1404

best regards!

Duward
16th Oct 2014, 14:48
Someone who goes to the assessment on the 30th of Oct? Feel free to contact me. Best wishes.

marco-s
16th Oct 2014, 22:12
Hi everyone.
I got an assessment on 30th Oct. Could anyone who has passed the assessment successfully(bearing in mind the competition) shed some light on the type of questions they got?
Much appreciated.

Rmy
17th Oct 2014, 13:44
So you finally got some (good) news :D

RNAV80
17th Oct 2014, 19:47
Are assessments still done at London Stansted or is it Dublin only now?

Photon85
17th Oct 2014, 19:51
both locations

smokey1304
18th Oct 2014, 12:40
Hey cloudsurfer,
You ask here for informations regarding to the interview 7 times in the past now you have passed the tests and your only answer to this is, that it is nice? :ok:
really friendly pilot...

LeRotisseur
20th Oct 2014, 09:25
So KORE, you had a positive answer ?! Congrats !

I'm starting on the 19th of January on LGW1403, it seems that most of succesful guys in our group are scheduled on LGW1404.

petrum
20th Oct 2014, 15:02
Anyone has his assessment the 28th of October ?
Please send me a PM

pa28_mate
20th Oct 2014, 17:04
Is there anyone here who has waited more than 2 weeks after the assessment and still had a positive outcome? Thanks

m1cdu
21st Oct 2014, 12:45
Hey everyone!

I'v got the magic call today for the telephone interview, but the lady on the phone said they will get back during the week with an assessment date and location. What is the normal time from the phone interview to the actual assessment?

Djknight93
21st Oct 2014, 17:36
Same as me... fingers crossed for a quick reply. Better hit the books :ok:

Lucagrasso
22nd Oct 2014, 08:28
the same for me, but i'm still waiting. :ugh: She called me exactly a week ago!

Djknight93
22nd Oct 2014, 11:57
Got the call to confirm assessment in Dublin on Monday 3rd November. :ok:

Anybody else? Maybe meet for a beer before!

Cloudsurfer2305
22nd Oct 2014, 17:08
Anybody knows the difference between LGW and CAE courses?

pilotpete123
22nd Oct 2014, 17:16
Hi there!

Anybody else on the type rating course starting 23rd February 2015?

rdbc2007
22nd Oct 2014, 17:54
Hi Guys/ Gals,

For those of you who have been successful would you mind stating which school you trained at. I'm studying for my ATPLs as we speak so looking at schools for next summer.

Joseph Paris
22nd Oct 2014, 19:05
@m1cdu
Congratulations! For how long you've been waiting for the magic call? And what is your background if I may ask?

Anybody else?

Thanks

m1cdu
23rd Oct 2014, 08:17
Hi Joseph!

I got the call pretty quick, I applied 3 weeks ago on CAE website.
My backround: I'm 20 years old from sweden, I studied my ATPL at SPU in sweden, then ME/IR/CPL at Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia and MCC at CAE Stockholm. I'm still waiting for the next call with a date to the assessment day, but at least they told me I passed the first telephone interview and the will get back shortly:cool:

TumWin
23rd Oct 2014, 10:34
Hello everybody:) i have my Assessment 5.11 in Dublin. Anybody else?

PerritoPiloto33
23rd Oct 2014, 11:55
I passed the phone interview yesterday and today got the call to confirm assessment in Dublin on Tuesday 4rd November.

Anyone else?

What we have to do after the sim and personal interview? We have to pay the full 737 Type Rating or is there any possibility to pay the TR with a reduced salary or something like this?

Thank you guys!

Joseph Paris
23rd Oct 2014, 15:12
Hello C!
I'm glad you made it! We were on the same MCC course! The guy from Crete! No phone call yet despite a positive feedback from CAE MCC. I just hope that Ryanair is indeed an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate me for my age (38) ;-)
Well done again and wish you to make it to the Boeing 737 NG cockpit soon!
Can't wait to get a chance!
All the best!

m1cdu
23rd Oct 2014, 16:34
They called me a while ago and gave me an assessment date on 5/11 in Dublin!
I will be in DUB from 3/11. Would be nice to meet up somewhere to grab a dinner and a beer and get to know each other.

pa28_mate
23rd Oct 2014, 17:21
Hello,

anyone who got the call to start type rating; did they email you the inforamtion about it straight away? I got the good news call but have no extra info apart from a date.

Thank you

pa28_mate
23rd Oct 2014, 17:22
It should come through in a day or two once you have done the telephone interview, and CAE give you an assessment date.

Captain-Random
23rd Oct 2014, 18:19
Got it. It didn't come through to my iPhone inbox I had to log onto a pc and sign into my emails.

lolcake
23rd Oct 2014, 19:01
Is there anyone who has had more than one atpl resit and got offered an assessment, lately?

anderse
24th Oct 2014, 09:25
Ryanair is recruiting! - Pilot Flight Training School UK - FTA (http://www.fta-global.com/ryanair-is-recruiting/)

Whilst Ryanair interviews and assesses around 1000 pilots per annum, only 48% make it through the selection process.

Is this number reasonable?

Viviaviator
24th Oct 2014, 10:32
Hi guys, I have the assessment on the 28th in Dublin. PM me if you want to meet

Stijn89
24th Oct 2014, 11:18
Got a call on wednesday from CAE about my application (i guess the phone interview?) but as bad luck always strikes me, I was in a meeting at that moment and couldn't answer the phone (i didn't know who was calling at that time either)

They left a message saying that there was no need to call them back, that they would get in touch with me the next day.
However I'm yet to receive a call and it's friday afternoon.

Should I just wait or try and give them a call?

Djknight93
24th Oct 2014, 15:00
Hi all,

Anybody doing there assessment 3rd November in Dublin?

Send me a PM be good to have a chat before then!

Geardown3greenLDG
24th Oct 2014, 15:08
Hi everybody,

I had my assessment in Dublin the 16 october and got a positive reply today.

So I've read a lot of feedback and I've to say that it's exactly like the others described it.

For the interview, questions about myself, about my instructors, my MCC, why RYR, they asked me which bases i would prefer, and for the technical was just about what is the PFD, MCP, and the FMA. Thats it.

For the sim it was Dublin Liffy 4A departure climb 4000 ft, then some NDB evolutions, they asked us where are we, which QDM, and then we had an emergency a bomb when i was PF and a fire when i was PM, then we were cleared for ILS 28 in DUB and were told that the GS might have some issues, so we check with the DME distance if we were on slope and at the end GS was working perfectly.

So if I had any advice, keep cool, smile, and relax they are no tricks, they are really funny they joked, really a good moment.

That's it good luck to everybody !!

Captain-Random
25th Oct 2014, 15:16
Common weak areas that may exclude candidates:

Poor CRM
Language deficiencies
Poor IFR flying
Poor handling
Poor technical knowledge
Poor preparation 

I've heard the language deficiency is the major one which could influence other factor such as CRM

Photon85
26th Oct 2014, 14:44
I got an email now saying congratulations I passed the assessment, so that's nice.
I was given a choice of 4 different type rating start dates in that email, and to list my order of preference.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your course date confirmed after you send your order of preference?

Djknight93
26th Oct 2014, 16:46
Hi All,

I am booked onto the Assessment on 3rd November in Dublin.

I booked a sim refresher with Simtech the night before 2/11 from 6-8pm. I received an email from Simtech saying that another person is booked 8-10pm.

I believe the plan is that we are going to be PM for each others session. If this is you that has booked the 8-10pm session, send me a PM and we can make contact before next week.

stephen2688
26th Oct 2014, 21:09
Does anyone know the ATPL exam requirements for Ryanair?

At BA I think you need atleast 85% and no more than 3 fails,
At Easyjet I think you need 90% and no fails?

If any of the above is not true please correct me, it would be interesting to know if Ryanair have a certain level of criteria for the employment of cadets.

PeppyJeppy
26th Oct 2014, 22:08
Friend of my went through the process last month. He said it was no more than 1 failed subject(passed on first re-sit) and 80%+ average.

speed_alive_rotate
27th Oct 2014, 10:19
I am shocked BA would accept 3 fails!!
Djknight93, just out of curiosity around how much is a 2hr SIM with Simtech these days?

Photon85
27th Oct 2014, 12:40
If anyone is in the type rating course "CAE1418" starting March 9th 2015, they are welcome to join the Facebook group I created.

If you want an invite, send me a PM here with your facebook account name, and I will add you.

Just for getting together about accommodations, training, etc :)

speed_alive_rotate
27th Oct 2014, 12:54
Well done to all who just got accepted and I wish you all good luck in your type ratings and future careers. Could you just briefly post age, atpl average and flight exam results just to help others who are in the situation you were not so long ago, think it would benefit all here!!Thanks guys

Photon85
27th Oct 2014, 13:03
Sure:
Total hours: 2600
ATPL average: 97.5 (all first attempt)
CPL: First Pass

Good luck to all, hope to see you on the line some day :)

speed_alive_rotate
27th Oct 2014, 14:02
Thanks Photon85. Best of luck again and appreciate you posting your information

Geardown3greenLDG
27th Oct 2014, 14:18
Hi,

ATPL: 1st attempt and over 85%
CPL and IR first attempt

Best Luck to you !!

smokey1304
27th Oct 2014, 17:31
Flight Hours: 750
ATPL: 90 Percent first time
and I was not at one of the big ( and expensive ) flight schools for example oxford but they hire a lot of them.

speed_alive_rotate
27th Oct 2014, 18:06
This is great guys thanks to all who have posted, and for those who haven't please do,it will only take 2minutes of your time to help people still dreaming of being where you now are! Happy Birthday for tomorrow @Geardown3greenLDG !!!!!

eaglescout
27th Oct 2014, 18:44
Hello everyone First time on here

I have a assessment on the 12th November in Dublin, would someone who has recently attended the Dublin assessment be kind enough to forward me the Ryanair briefing pack ? They will not send it to you until Friday/Saturday before the assessment day.A friend has kindly given me his, he has been with Ryanair a few years and its dated 29/09/2009 and it would be nice to get a updated version to get ahead of the game.

I was looking at the interview preparation online 2 companies seem to offer it, latest pilot jobs and flight deck friend any feedback on which is the best to purchase would be awesome !!

Another BIG ask can the guys/girls who have attended the Dublin assessment in the past couple of months be kind enough to give some feedback on the Tech questions asked.

Had my Telephone interview today, very relaxed asked me for the expire dates of my medical (any restrictions on it)& ME/IR , have I completed MCC, do I have my licence and what is it JAR/EASA, Did I pass all my exams first time and what was my average, did I pass my CPL&IR first time, my TT, date of last flight and date of last sim session. After that the lady read a paragraph to me twice and asked me 3 questions about it can't remember exact words but it was about a fire (un-contained) on board a a/c and how deadly the smoke/fumes are. The questions were 1,was the fire contained or un-contained 2,what is the most dangerous thing about the fire 3, what would cause the most harm to people. please be aware this is not the exact wording.

If someone is kind enough to forward a briefing pack please message me on he for private email.

Male 32 English
1900hrs TT mostly SEP
First Time passes in ATPL Exams 92% Average
First Times Passes in CPL/IR

Geardown3greenLDG
27th Oct 2014, 19:23
Thank you @speed alive rotate :) Good luck !!

svicky
27th Oct 2014, 20:44
Hello!

Nice to hear that so many are getting through to the assessments!

I finished my MCC one weak ago and applied to RA on wednesday 22/10.
Today they contacted me by email saying they wanted my CV and also to answer some questions.

They also said that it is important that i have my certificates(got my CPL/ME/IR this summer) and that I have completed the MCC, do anyone know if I have to wait for my new license to arrive(including the MCC) or if it is enough with a "MCC diploma" from my flightschool?

Im 23 years old
160h TT
95% average first pass on ATPL

elmore81
28th Oct 2014, 12:10
It states clearly that you need to have your licences issued, they will also confirm this on the phone.

To those waiting, they employ a mixed group, from 30yr+ instructors with 1000 hours to fresh cadets with min hours, all nationalities (maybe not irish). There are no answers to be found in what hours everyone has and where they went to school. I felt exactly the same way as you all do, but from what i can gather you either hear or you don't. The question is, what can you do to improve your chance of an application with your name on it being selected?

They need 600 pilots, they are expanding and they seem pretty keen on getting new cadets on board.

Keep going

speed_alive_rotate
28th Oct 2014, 15:29
Hey @elmore81, where do you get your figure of 600 pilots? Is that per year or over the next few years?? Also you have obviously heard something regarding the non hiring of Irish pilots? Regards SAR

elmore81
28th Oct 2014, 15:53
I saw an internal email via a friend

I haven't heard anything apart from what i see on here, i was speaking to an irish guy who swears that they won't take on irish guys, but unless someone tells you that from HR its all hear say.

I remember not so long ago that everyone was saying that ryr wouldn't hire 30+ yr olds, but thats clearly not true either.

speed_alive_rotate
28th Oct 2014, 16:23
Yeah very true elmore81, think there opinion on 30+ has changed altogether, seems plenty of guys even up to mid 30s are now being hired. However the Irish thing still seems to crop up, what a shame considering it is an Irish Airline.

eaglescout
28th Oct 2014, 19:22
Could someone please let me know the address of the Dublin Assessment Centre so I can book the relevant accommodation PM is fine.

Piloto Maluco
28th Oct 2014, 19:24
Dear all,

excuse me to disturb you in your conversation,

as per the requirements to apply we must hold valid JAR or CPL, ATPL, IR, MCC...
But can I apply if I have all of these licences but issued in the US ?

Thanks!
Good look all for your interviews

elmore81
28th Oct 2014, 19:26
Do you have an EASA licence? If so then yes.

Piloto Maluco
28th Oct 2014, 19:28
Thanks for your reply elmore81,

Not ESEA :(

Piouuu
28th Oct 2014, 20:55
Hi everyone,

I passed the phone interview and got the assessment day date.
It will be on Tuesday the 11th of November. If someone else is planed for this day and want to contact me, you are really welcome (PM).

Good Luck.

Delta_Charlie
28th Oct 2014, 21:45
Guys,
I've read several times about the "Irish issue".
In my opinion there is no reason to reject any Irish applying for RYR.

Maths can give us an answer:

- total EU population --------> 507,416,607
- total Ireland population ---> 4,604,029

This mean that Ireland represents 0.91% of EU population.

Further, you have to take into account the random style of the recruitment process. Many pilots are still waiting after 1 or 2 years and others got a call after 1 week.

Just my two cents.

Geardown3greenLDG
29th Oct 2014, 01:13
Hi @ eaglescout
So the assessment in DUB is at the simtech training center !!
There is everything you need in the briefing pack, they will tell you to stay at the Metro Hotel. It's good because there is a shuttle bus that drives you to Simtech.
Good luck !!

sympa787
29th Oct 2014, 08:34
Hi,

Is it really true that they have a certain standard, which, if one meets that level, they will take you on? I know many guys passing the assesment last year while this year all of the guys i know that went there failed the assesment :S. Do their preferences for school, nationality etc change and thats why the passing rates change?? Just curious...

PerritoPiloto33
29th Oct 2014, 11:50
Your simulator assessment will be on a Boeing 737-800 FTD (Flight Training Device). Your assessment will take place at Simtech Aviation in Dublin, Ireland.

Simtech is located close to Dublin Airport at this address:

Simtech,
Kestrel House,
Dublin Airport
Logistics Park,
St Margaret’s Road,
Co. Dublin,
Ireland

The Hotel:

Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

There is a complementary shuttle to bring you
from the Airport to the Hotel and from the
Hotel to Simtech for each of your sessions.
Simply arrange pickup times with reception

RWL2011
29th Oct 2014, 18:46
I missed the magic call while working didnt hear the mobile phone, had to sent a message to call me again...

Kalleberg
30th Oct 2014, 07:58
Anyone for TR in AMS starting 2 march?
PM me for invite to FB group :cool:

PerritoPiloto33
30th Oct 2014, 10:31
Do you know guys if there's some problems if you have 3 fails in ATPL theory exams?

PerritoPiloto33
30th Oct 2014, 12:59
I've passed the phone interview and I've got the assessment in Dublin ( 4th November)

They ask me for my ATPL Theory only. No first time passes questions so I passed the phone interview with some fails in the ATPL Theory exams.

What do you think guys?

I'll may be rejected in the assessment for the ATPL fails?

Coalex
30th Oct 2014, 14:51
Hi!

I'm wondering about the € for the TR, do I have to sort the money thing by myself or does RYR offer me any support. For example the lend me the money and I pay back for 5 years etc?

Thanks in advance

Kalleberg
30th Oct 2014, 15:13
You have to pay yourself. 28500 EUR
This is VAT free, and you can deduct this from your taxes when you start getting paid.

PerritoPiloto33
30th Oct 2014, 15:14
You've to pay it full. Ryanair hire you for 5 years. So with your contract you go to the bank and the bank give you 30000€ (TR cost)

RWL2011
30th Oct 2014, 16:22
Sombody knows if they tell
You have passed or not only at the phone interview or also by email? They asked me some questions about TT time etc but nothing about English test, they told me I will get more information soon, it means not passed? I just ask because mostly get direct feedback

Djknight93
30th Oct 2014, 16:51
Hi All,

I am booked onto the Assessment on 3rd November in Dublin.

I booked a sim refresher with Simtech the night before 2/11 from 6-8pm. I received an email from Simtech saying that another person is booked 8-10pm.

I believe the plan is that we are going to be PM for each others session. If this is you that has booked the 8-10pm session, send me a PM and we can make contact before next week.

propelah
30th Oct 2014, 18:16
Hi all,

Since the day I had the 1st answer from CAE about my application I started reading this forum and it has been very helpful. That's why I think the best way to thank those who wrote and helped me with their experiences is writting here my own point of view.

My assessment day was the 9th Oct in Dublin. I meet with the rest of candidates and interviewers did a short briefing. After that they made sim pairs and gave us jeppesen SID, approach plates and departure clearance. We had like.. 15min to talk with our sim partner and refresh procedures. We were 8 from all over Europe. Very nice guys, everybody was nervous but friendly at the same time. Me and my partner were the 1st to fly. Arp was Liverpool, the instructor told me to do a non-std departure, rwy heading till d3, left turn heading 180 climbing 4000' or something like that. Once there, he ask me if I was receiving a ndb which was in the vicinity. "What's your QDM?" "Intercept QDM090 and fly dct to the station". After that I had fire on the galley. Radar vectors were not available so I had to complete the entire NDB ILS 27. Once on the GS I was expecting a GA but I saw the Rwy and landed.
Then, my partner had the same but changing the SID, which was the Walasey 2T.
In my opinion, in this stage is important to show you can "fly" the acft, good CRM and teamwork and your decision making capacities. They also looked very happy when asking for C/Ls.

I met again with the guys and we talked a bit about the sim and about us mainly. In about 45 min I was called to do my personal intvw! I was very nervous.

I went into the room, there was the same instructor that was on the sim and another guy. They asked me all papers you have to bring and started asking personal questions. How are you? Did you find the beer hidden on the candidates room? Why did you decide to study there? Why Ryr?... Basic stuff, name 3 ryr bases.. After that they asked my "what's the most important thing on MCC" and how would I describe a good Capt. It was a very nice atmosphere, no tricks, no pressure. Then, they said I was free to go. I had a very strange feeling as I was expecting typichal technical questions but I wasnt ask anything!

I met again with the other candidates and talked about it. Some of them were asked jetstream, engines on 737, what's v2, t/o segments... anything new.

After 7 days 1 candidate received a negative answer. Next week the rest received a positive answered via email. We were 5/8 in from my assessment day.

Now, I have my TR at CAE scheduled for the 2nd of March. We are all preparing documentation and filling forms for CAE and the contractor agency.

Hope my lines help candidates as much as previous writers helped me. Feel free to PM in case of doubts not already explained.

Best luck to everyone!

putomaquetas
31st Oct 2014, 22:46
Hi,

I passed the phone interview and got the assessment day date on 13th of November.
If someone else is planed for this day and want to contact me, you are welcome.

Good Luck.

svicky
3rd Nov 2014, 08:19
Hello,

I got the call from CAE this morning. As said before in this thread there was nothing special.

They asked be about my TT, PIC, medical, me/ir and if I passed the ATPL and ME/IR at first attempt.

Then she read me a short text about "in flight fire" and the asked me 3 questions.

Nothing special at all.

After the questions she told me I had passed the "interview" and that I am booked for an assessment at Stansted next thursday(13nov)

Anyone else booked for the same date, please contact me so that we can meet up in advance:)

Rmy
3rd Nov 2014, 09:15
Anyone in the CAE1419 course starting 30th March, PM me to join the Facebook group :)

Concorde0025
3rd Nov 2014, 10:45
Hi Guys,

Anyone attending the assessment in Stansted on the 13th of November?

PM me if so :)

Cheers

eaglescout
3rd Nov 2014, 12:37
Hi Everyone,

@RMY & @ propelah thank you for taking the time to post your experience of your Ryanair interviews. Can I ask you both if you can remember the strength of the wind they used for the simulator detail and how far off it was ?

Did you use any interview preparation packages from latestpilotjobs/flightdeckfriend and if so were they accurate to the questions you got ?

Can I please ask people who are on interview this week to post the type of questions they had regarding technical side as they seem to be mixing it up a little.

anderse
4th Nov 2014, 05:41
Can I ask you both if you can remember the strength of the wind they used for the simulator detail and how far off it was ?
We used RWY 27 in Liverpool. The strength was 300/10kts.
It may depend on the assessor, but I dont think you will get more.

Ceiling was 700AGL

I attended interview last week in Dublin, and received positive answer today!
Everything at the interview was as expected. No tricks etc.

henricho
4th Nov 2014, 13:54
How Long is it taking from successful assessment to tr

seven3
4th Nov 2014, 14:07
@ henricho it depends, but generally 3 to 5 months.

marco-s
4th Nov 2014, 14:30
Has anyone from 30th oct. assessment heard anything yet?

Yandark
4th Nov 2014, 14:57
Anyone in the LGW1405 course starting 16th March, PM or email me to join the Facebook group :ok: :ok:

svicky
5th Nov 2014, 16:24
Anyone doing the assessment in London the 13th November? please PM me :)

ratherbeflying738
5th Nov 2014, 17:38
I havent heard anything... I take it you didnt either? how did yours go?

DIC
6th Nov 2014, 08:49
Hello everyone, done my assessment on 22nd of October at Dublin, positive reply on 31st of October, allocated for FR1417 TR course starting on 23rd of March 2015 is anyone in this group?

anderse
6th Nov 2014, 20:51
I am! Check the FR1417-group on Facebook

finalcheck
7th Nov 2014, 06:51
Guys, I applied via CAE a year ago and never heard back from them despite updating my data and (of course) meeting all the formal requirements. Does it make sense to withdraw the application and re-apply? Has this worked out for anybody? Has anybody been contacted swiftly after such a re-application?

AMS
7th Nov 2014, 13:22
Those who have had a telephone interview - would you say they are only interested in:

First time passes on the

- ME/IR and
- all 14 ATPLs?

Are they allowing partial's / fails on the CPL and one or two resits on ATPLs..?

ClimbFL340
8th Nov 2014, 08:35
Anyone Type Rating Course LGW1403 ?

nickthenava
8th Nov 2014, 21:16
Hello,
I applied through CAE, did the interview in STN on the 30th Oct 2014 and I got the positive answer 2 days ago via email from McGinley Aviation.

However, differently from some friends of mine who got through few days before me, I haven't received any date for the beginning of the TR course yet.
The reason for this, as explained in the e-mail, is because all courses planned up to March 2015 are fully booked and RYR is working with CAE in estabilishing the new set of course dates. I can expect to receive course dates in the next couple of weeks.

I crosschecked with my simulator partner and he got the same e-mail.

Jean-Francois
9th Nov 2014, 08:49
Finalcheck
I have sent my first application in May13 and nothing... I have created two other accounts and nothing. I have withdraw all my accounts and waited 1 month... Now I have re-apply with my initial account... Wait and see

propelah
11th Nov 2014, 09:45
Hey,

I had light wind, 10-15kt no gusts. Rwy 27 Liverpool also and ceiling was between 1000-1500ft AGL.

Good luck

Skymember26
12th Nov 2014, 09:12
Hello.
I sent an email to CAE 1 week ago with my CV and details about my application, but I still no phone call. :rolleyes:
Do you know how long does it take usually?

elmore81
12th Nov 2014, 11:38
Anyone else on CAE 1415 starting 29th Dec?

For anyone who has done the induction week, can you tell me exactly what it entails, what paperwork you need to take?

eaglescout
13th Nov 2014, 13:59
Hi all,

Had the assessment yesterday no tricks they really try to calm your nerves didn't work for me.

I was first in the simulator Dublin was the choice of the day RW28 cloud base 700ft wind 310/10. Both me and my sim buddy got non standard departures to 5000ft levelled off and some GH. Position fix using NDB then intercept and track inbound. Fire in the gally for both of us with vectors to the ILS and the GS & LOC failed on once localizer established.

Interview HR:-
Tell me about Ryanair? (Interrupted during answer told to fast forward to present day)
Why Ryanair?
Why did you choose your flight school?
How much have you spent on training?
Have you got any debt?
How are you going to pay for TR?
Did you like your instructors?
Have you had a student who you did not get on with? (I'm a Instructor)
Why have you not done a JOC? (Finished my training in 2010)
Do you have a girlfriend/wife/kids?
Pick 3 bases.

Tech Interview:-
Explain how a ASI works?
Explain how a Altimeter works?
Then was asked about errors with theses regarding blockages while climbing and descending?
Explain Dynamic Pressure?
Explain a pitot tube?
Explain TAS/IAS what happens when you climb and why?
Weather associated with thunderstorms including CB formation?
Why do you avoid them?
Last MEP you flown?
Explain the Hydraulic System?
Explain the Electrical System?
Does it have a critical engine? Explain why?

That's the nitty gritty part of the day everyone wants to know but here is a little insight to how I felt the day went and any feedback from people who got the job and people who didn't would be nice.

I feel I will get a negative response! I was a little nervous, prepared on flight sim as much as possible unfortunately I couldn't afford £250ph + Instructor cost for sim prep along with the other costs. so I never been in a jet sim, never flew one, did my MCC 4 years ago on a steam driven king air.Word of advice if you didn't do your MCC on a jet, never flown one in a sim get some time in one if money permits. My sim partner had recently done his MCC/JOC at simtech in the sim we used on the day and had done the Ryanair assessment prep they offer the day before in the sim and it really showed and he only had minimum hours compared to my 1900TT.

In the sim itself very fast ! I was PM first, I feel that this part for me was excellent and I supported the PF 110% radio work very good very quick to pick up errors and as a team and correct them. I think its from years of teaching flying that my PM skills are good, it couldn't of gone better. Now my turn for PF, to begin with I flew it like I stolen it lol took a while to settle in. I feel that my sim partner could of been a lot more supportive in his PM role and I missed a couple of calls ! but if it helped any I nailed the ILS. As for pilot briefings ect my sim partners was excellent , god it was like he flew for BA with all his emergency briefings what we do at different speeds on RW sounded awesome I think I got everything in but was not so slick and fancy. Also at the end of my interview we shuck hands and they 'wished me well in my future career' I took it as thanks but no thanks.

I wonder in the part where they decide who gets it and who don't how much they take into account your flight school report and references and if you passed everything first time? Could it be a tipping point to if you get the job or not if your performance was not brilliant on the day but shown potential and you had outstanding reports and references.???

Suppose I will find out soon enough...................................

Age 32
Instructor
1900TT
92% Average first time passes in ATPL exams
First time passes in both CPL/IR in minimum hours

ClimbFL340
13th Nov 2014, 22:30
Anyone LGW 1403 type rating starts 19th january 2015 ?
Let s set up a facebook group.

twin2pilot
14th Nov 2014, 06:25
Svicky, could you please specify what 3 questions you were asked?:)

Photon85
14th Nov 2014, 06:51
I had the same experience as most of the other guys I think.

Arrived in the Stansted training center early morning. After talking with the other candidates for a while in the break room, we were all asked to come to a conference room.

In the conference room we were introduced to the HR guy, and two pilots/sim guys. They talked about what would happen today, and then went through the sim profile on a powerpoint.

Afterwards we were told to make our own sim partners, so I partnered with the guy sitting next to me. Two french people partnered up, etc.
We were then given a couple of approach plates for Liverpool, and told we would be flying the SID something, followed by the NDB approach.
So me and my partner went through everything, and talked about what we would do in each segment, what callouts we would use on top of the ones given in the PDF (we added 80 knots, and 1000 feet to go on climb/descent, didn't get any comments on that, but anyway).

Then it was turn for the sim, we were supposed to fly about 45 minutes each. Remember that you get graded equally for your PM and PF performance, so if your partner does something stupid and gets the plane into a bad state, and you said nothing, that's pretty much equally your fault. Think multi-crew here. Help each other as much as possible, but don't "fly from the PM seat".

Each of us took off, intercepted the SID, and then went through some normal turns, turns + descents/climbs (at the same time), airspeed changes etc.
When the assessor was happy with that, both of us got some sort of abnormality happening. My partner got a heart attack, I got a fight breaking out. Basically remember the NITS briefing for the FA, a PA if strictly needed (neither of us did one). Discuss with your partner (not too long) what the course of action will be, and make sure everyone concerned is on the same page (FA, ATC etc). During this our flight was frozen, so we didn't have to concern ourselves with where the plane was going, if you're not frozen, handing over controls while you are doing many of these things might be prudent, but up to you.

At this stage we were placed on a perfect inbound path to the NDB beacon, so we didn't have to do any racetrack or something, just straight in and straight out. We briefed the approach (while the plane was still frozen), and then told the assessor when we were ready.
We then flew the approach. Remember here to brief before you start the sim (with your partner) how you want the approach to be flown. We both flew a normal CANPA approach, where the PM called out each mile, and that worked fine for both of us.

The last part then was the landing from the approach. At no point here is it wrong to do a go around. If you feel the approach is unstable (too high, too low, too high sink rate, out of alignment with the runway in a big way) when you are getting close, just go around, and say later what went behind that decision. It's a lot worse to have some hard landing at xxxx fpm because you wanted to nail that touchdown.

After that, we were just placed on an ILS, already established on the GS/LOC, with perfect throttle setting, fully configured. So just don't touch anything (or do very very small adjustments), and the plane flew itself down basically.

So that was the sim portion, a short while later we had the interview. My interview was pretty straight forward, they looked at all my paperwork, including taking a look at all the originals, and collecting the copies.
The HR guy asked me a little about why Ryan Air, what did I expect to get out of Ryan Air, what my 3 top choice of bases would be.
Then the guy who did my sim check earlier, asked me a little about my logbook, like where was this last flight from and too.
He asked me a little about what kind of plane I flew last (C208B), but didn't ask any technical or detailed questions about it.
Asked me what my worst/most difficult situation in flying had been (flaps frozen), and what I did to remedy the situation, steps made, etc etc.
Asked me about wake turbulence separation requirements (medium behind medium, medium behind heavy) on approach, and on take-off.
Asked me about the reason behind having swept wings.
And that was it basically.
Was told good job, and left the premises.

I had a sim session the day before in a 737 fixed base sim, and it was nice to have some experience already in how the airplane is going to handle. Especielly the power/pitch couple, how many degrees you fly with, power lever movement, etc etc.
If you already have done your MCC in a 737, then no worres, but mine was in a TP, so good experience for me.

speed_alive_rotate
14th Nov 2014, 07:32
Thanks so much for such a great insight @Photon85 and @eaglescout! It really is appreciated by the rest of us here, and even still not being 100% confident you still wrote a very detailed account of your experience. It makes a great change from certain guys here who asked everyone for help prior to there interview, were then successful and didn't have the courtesy to share there experience or help others!! Again many thanks guys and please let us know what your outcome is and wish you both the best of luck. Just out of curiosity guys what nationality are you, and was there any Irish guys at either of your assessments, just trying to dispel the non hiring of Irish theory!!

Stijn89
14th Nov 2014, 09:16
Had the assessment yesterday no tricks they really try to calm your nerves didn't work for....

Hi Neil! Shame you weren't able to come to Dublin city, was awesome!

Anyway, I had my assesment the same day (12th of november).
Was the first one to go for the interview, 2nd group in the sim.

During the tech interview I was asked:
- weak points of the cfm56 when working on it (since I was a jet engine mechanic)
- what type of engines are they, and what are the pros of this
- where does the 737 get his hydraulic power from
- how many hydraulic systems on the 737 and at what pressure
- how are the flight controls operated
- how is the landing gear operated
- explain me the wing of the 737, starting from the tip
(i started with explaining the winglets, and then he asked about the ailerons and what else is used during a turn. Then to the trailing and leading edge high lift devices, to end with explaining the vortex generators)

HR interview was :
- Why RYR
- why that flight school
- have you had many different instructors during training
- what was the hardest part during training
- why did you wait 1 year to apply for RYR
- 3 bases

Next was the sim, very happy with my simpartner as we both did our mcc on the 737. Our procedures where almost exactly the same.
Airport was Dublin, SID Liffy 4A, flown up to the VOR. Then take heading 100, some climbs and descends, slow down to 170kts with flaps 5, vectors for the ILS, go around at minimums (but visual), vectors ILS but on the ILS we got G/S and LOC failure so we used the ndb to track to the runway and used DME/Altitude read out. Landing.

Switched seats, basically same flight for my partner, except that he had no vectors and was to track to the ndb, then self position for the ILS (outbound 140 to 10DME, then left turn to intercept localizer), landing.
APU fire on the runway, advice atc, engine shutdown and evacuate.

That was it, i found it strange we didn't get any emergencies in the air.

Overall I think it went pretty well. Could answer all the tech questions, sim went well, was happy with it.

Now just hope for that positive call...

25 yrs old Belgian guy
214 TT
89% average ATPL, 1 retake
first time passes CPL and IR

@speed alive rotate: our group was: 2 UK, 1 Belgian, 1 French, 1 Spanish, 1 Finnish, 1 German and an Italian guy

Jean-Francois
14th Nov 2014, 12:15
I would like to thank all the people who have contributed to explain in details their assessment... I think it helps a lot.

I really like the question 'Why did you wait a year to apply for RYR' as a lot of people here have been waiting for RYR to call them... For yearS ;-)
At the end I hope they will call me one day or another!

Again thanks a lot

Stijn89
14th Nov 2014, 12:38
Well, for me it was because I was saving up some money first.
My flight school forwarded me to RYR on the 16th of october, phone call the 27th and interview the 12th of november.

Flight school was CAE Brussels, and it goes very fast once they forward your CV.

svicky
14th Nov 2014, 14:33
Hello,

A big up for everyone that has shared their details from the assessments, it has really helped me a lot, so here is my contribution!

I did my assessment yesterday in London.
The day started in a breifingroom together with 7 other guys, we all sat down talking to eachother for 30minutes before the HR-guy came talking to us.

He explained how the day would look like, nothing special and he really made us feel calm and explained that they want us all and we are not competing against eachother.

Then the assessor came and talked about the simulator assessment, we went through the breifing package, we got plates for East Midlands rwy27 and we were told to pick our partner(I met up with a guy at the hotel the day before so we paired up)

We were the second group so we had about 1,5h to review and breif our flight together.

Then I was called for the interview with the assessor and the HR-guy. The HR-guy started asking me questions from the applicant-form (have you been in any accidents etc) then they asked me for all the paper then he asked me:

-Where did you do your training?
-What was the most challenging part of your training?
-What do you know about RA, how many ac?
-What have you heard about our training?
-What have you worked with earlier?
-What bases would you like?

Then he asked me to email him a work reference from a job I did 7 years ago,even though I had already brought 2 other work references...

Then the other guy asked me some technical questions:

-What airlane did you fly during your training? (cessna172 and da42)
-What do you think about the cessna and why?
-What engine is there in the cessna? (the manufacturer, I got a blackout and couldnt remember lycoming... I simply said that i couln't remember. He tried to make me guess but i didn't)
-Do you have problems with carb-ice in the cessna?(no since it's fuel injection)
-Do you have a lot of problems with icing in sweden? how do you solve it?
-What me ac did you fly?
-Does it have a critical engine and why?
-How do the de-icing work on that ac?
-What kind of engines?

Then he continued with the following questions regarding the 737

-What kind of wings to the 737 has?
-Advantages/disadvantage of swept wings?
-What is Mcrit?
-What is machtuck?
-How to we prevent it?
-If we want to fly that fast, how come we are able to land?(he was looking for high lift devices)
-What kind of hld do the 737 has?

He also asked me what kind of fighter jets we have in Sweden and where they are based... and that was the end of the i

I got the feeling that they ask you questions they think you know and you can take the interview in the direction you know, for example I said that one advantage of swept wings is to raise the mcrit, then he directly asked me what mcrit was and so on.

Really relaxed and that are not trying to bust you, just be yourselves and dont make any guesses, if you don't know the answer, simply say so!

Then we had another 30min before the simulator to breif.

In the simulator I started as PF and I did so in the left seat. We were cleared the Wallasey 2N departure. we did the emergency breif and to breif and then we took off from rwy27 with winds 240/10

Halfway through the SID he told us to turn left heading 120 and then he wanted me to do som climbs/descends and turns. then we got a call from the cabin saying we had a man with a heart attack and they had tried everything and nothing worked, I told her to standby and gave the controls and radio to my PM. Then I breifed him of the situation and we did the DODAR and decided to go back to east midlands. Then I called the CC while pm declared a PAN. I was going to give the NITZ breifing but the assessor just said OK.

we got cleared radarvectors towards the NDB for the approach and while he took care of that i fixed everything for the approach and breifed it before I took the controls again. Then we did the full procedure Ndb/DME appch for rwy 27 got down to minimums with contact and then asked my pm to confirm with tower that we are cleared to land, unfortunately there was a vehicle on the runway so we had to goaround.

After cleaning up he freezed the simulator and positioned me at the descent point again so that I could fly the approach and land.

Then we swapped and the other guy got almost the same flight except for that there was football hooligans fighting in the back stabbing each other with broken bottles. We tried by severla means to calm them down but as suspected nothing helped... same kind of approach again with g/a and replaced for another appch.

I think that the most important factor in the simulator is the CRM, and that it is better to be to clear with what to do than not.
I am satisfied with how we did but it is impossible to tell what the assessor thinks.

No matter what I am one experience richer and I got the opportunity to meet som nice guys.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best!

Jean-Francois
14th Nov 2014, 15:35
Proficiat Stijn!
As a modular in Belgium I did not get lucky so far! BFS then Hub'air in my case! But apparently they really are interviewing a lot of people! Maybe I will win lottery this time.

svicky
17th Nov 2014, 10:52
Got a positive reply today by email, they will contact me with further details when they have a date and location for my TR!!!:)

PapaHotel85
17th Nov 2014, 11:24
Hey svicky. Congratulation. I got a positive reply today. Are you in contact with the other guys?
I thought that there would be a Group in whattsapp.
PM me.

nickthenava
17th Nov 2014, 12:12
Hi,
that is exactly the same e-mail that I got.
If this can be helpful, last Saturday I met some RYR recruitment personnel at the Flight Training Exhibition in Milan and I asked him what are the current plans regarding TR dates.
he aswered me that they are working with CAE to fix the new course dates and the average waiting time is approx 4 months (this means April for us) but they are considering the opportunity to place some additional courses in January.

so let's wait and see... Anyway congrats and maybe we can keep in touch for the future.

Cloudsurfer2305
17th Nov 2014, 19:29
No one at cae1416?

AgeistRyanair
18th Nov 2014, 10:23
RYANAIR - AGE Equality Act Discrimination - CAE Employee Reveals All By Email

Probably the Hottest topic at the moment is the number of applications that are being overlooked by CAE for Ryanair simply based on the AGE of the applicants.

Ryanair announced earlier this year that they required over 1000 new cadets and have actively ignored experienced and older pilots favoring young cadets.
"We have now been emailed by a CAE Employee confirming inside information regarding AGE Discrimination and No New Irish Pilots"

A recent number of tests have been carried out confirming altering the (DOB field - that is also none compliant) to prove CAE/Ryanair will then call the cadet.
Other tests have shown applications that have been completed just 6 months ago are being replaced by new recent applications.

We are gathering more information to add to our current research and this will all be presented to Acas
Equality human rights , GOV.UK, Government Equalities Office and the National Press within the next 30 days - Lets see how many +35yr old cadets and Irish pilots they can prove they've successfully interviewed in the latest recruitment drive.....!!!!!!!!!

This is not the first time Ryanair have been fined for similar conduct - Ryanair fined £8,000 for ageist ad - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26096114.html)

Please tell us your story in total confidentiality your name will never be disclosed at [email protected] - >>>>> "38" stories received so far Thankyou - Keep them coming Please

We are going to put a stop to it for good.

Press Editor.

swecky
18th Nov 2014, 14:25
Anyone having the assessment next week?

British eagle
24th Nov 2014, 10:10
Hello everyone, just passed the phone interview.. usual questions ( first time passes ? grades ? licences ? TT ?

anyone is going to Dublin on the 4th

Good luck to everyone :)

sn0w8
25th Nov 2014, 09:47
Hello. This is a message to any pilots starting on the 19th Jan at EMA. LGW1403.

I have started a Facebook group for us to get together and chat about our upcoming course. Hit the link below and drop me a line!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/925663387462131/

miszczepan
25th Nov 2014, 11:19
Anyone from 3rd november has positive reply?

oldkarim
25th Nov 2014, 16:30
Good afternoon!
I have worked as cabin crew for ryanair for 1 year and 4 months, then I resigned and started my modular training which I 'll complete next month!
But now I 'm pretty worried becouse I've heard some rumors like FR doesn't accept pilot who have previous worked for them in any other position (cabin crew) ! At this time I was wondering if it is true and what could be the reason ! :uhoh:
do you know something about that?
thanks in advance guys!
happy landings :)

Cloudsurfer2305
26th Nov 2014, 15:33
If you worked for them they will not hire you .. sorry