PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40

Pilotman14
12th Mar 2020, 23:58
Hello,
I am trying to apply on ryanair website for the cadet scheme. My flightschool is not listed EAS Barcelona, anybody got any advice what to do? There is not option to select other in the drop down box either.

Thank You

Arnas
13th Mar 2020, 01:47
Hello. I also received the link for online assessment without uploading UPRT certificate (and yes, it really looked like scam). As far as I know, you can obtain UPRT after passing the live assessment in Dublin.
Meanwhile, any news about the recruitment process? Seems like hard times are coming.

Moreno_90
13th Mar 2020, 06:57
Hello,
I am trying to apply on ryanair website for the cadet scheme. My flightschool is not listed EAS Barcelona, anybody got any advice what to do? There is not option to select other in the drop down box either.

Thank You
I was in the same situation,

Just put another school and in the space just below write down EAS Barcelona. When did you do your course? Do we know each other?

Jaygilly
13th Mar 2020, 09:45
In the same boat... hope they say something soon, but they sent everything to do the online assessment and then nothing...

Hi Wertytg

have you heard anything yet from the CAE?

Wertytg
13th Mar 2020, 11:39
Hello,

Thank You
There is an option that said Other, just in case your school is not there,

Hi Wertytg

Not at all, I've sent an email to CAE and they told me to sent it to the Amsterdam department, I did it, but they didn't answer yet...

18WEST
13th Mar 2020, 13:35
Not at all, I've sent an email to CAE and they told me to sent it to the Amsterdam department, I did it, but they didn't answer yet...

I did my online assessment through CAE, then got invited to the assessment day by AFA. It takes a while but just wait it out and see what comes through,

Augis1999
13th Mar 2020, 13:51
Hi everyone.

Wondering if anyone has completed online assessment for cadet position provided by new RYR partner AFA? If yes, maybe someone could tell more, what can we expect there?

PPRuNeUser0156
13th Mar 2020, 13:52
It’s the same Cut-e as before and loads of places to practice them online

Moreno_90
13th Mar 2020, 13:56
I did!

Basically it's done via the Cut-e platform, if someone has done the assessment for air-lingus it is quite similar.
You can practise the exercises on the pilotest website (google it) by selecting CUT-E. it is not a 1:1 copy but is very similar.

There are various psychotechnical exercises, including some logical thinking and deductive thinking. Around 30 ATPL questions and a video interview where you have to record yourself in a time limited environment, answering to 3 HR questions.

Overall it's not too complicated and even without practice it's quite achievable. Just brush up your ATPL knowledge and practise in front of a camera if you feel shy of doing that.

Good luck!

cmdn
13th Mar 2020, 14:20
Hi everyone
The questions asked for the video interview were the ones mentioned before in the thread?

Pilotman14
13th Mar 2020, 16:26
Wondering, I will get AUPRT in 2 weeks should I wait till then to apply for the cadet or should I just wait? Has anybody done this and heard anything?

Augis1999
13th Mar 2020, 16:28
I am wondering if someone has received the invitation for the online assessment and it looked like same as Moreno_90 ?

SeventhHeaven
13th Mar 2020, 17:11
Really guys, do you think Ryanair is hiring anyone now? They don't even know if they'll be allowed to fly across europe next week, let alone plan a summer schedule. And they're not nearly as screwed as Norwegian is.

Take a deep breath, have a beer or two at your local pub, and try to forget about aviation for a while. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Banana Joe
13th Mar 2020, 19:20
I have to agree with SeventhHeaven. It's looking very grim at the moment for every carrier. The only ones fairing ok at the moment are the cargo carriers. Let alone CargoLogicAir and Air Cargo Global, but those had their own issues already.

Citationcj2
13th Mar 2020, 22:52
I am wondering if someone has received the invitation for the online assessment and it looked like same as Moreno_90 ?

its fair to say that you can forget about this invitation .

current staff getting axed and reduced capacity.

It will take over a year for things to even settle.

Keep your money people

Pal33
13th Mar 2020, 23:09
take pprune with a pinch of salt. Your assessment will be valid when interviews start again!

Pilotman14
13th Mar 2020, 23:19
Agree with Pal33 , I know of people getting employent contracts this week including today...

bulldog89
14th Mar 2020, 05:47
Just for your info FR has enough money to fly the current flight schedule for almost 2 years with empty planes before running out of cash.

This could be a really big opportunity for them, just like 9/11...when everything will be over the number of passengers will still be there, but not the same number of airlines.

dirk85
14th Mar 2020, 06:47
The problem being that they will happily fire most of their pilots without blinking an eye, before spending a euro of that cash reserve. Same for easyJet, Wizzair, etc.

The Foss
14th Mar 2020, 07:32
Agree with Pal33 , I know of people getting employent contracts this week including today...

I believe the union has now said anyone who hasn’t already joined yet will be postponed for the time being...

Anyone who has already started the type rating will finish it but won’t start working yet.

Ryanair will thrive again after this is all over but be under no illusion that they will show no loyalty to anyone when it comes to saving money in the here and now.

The contracts have clauses inserted which mean they are essentially worthless when it comes to workers rights and protections.

Good luck to all.

Citationcj2
14th Mar 2020, 10:59
take pprune with a pinch of salt. Your assessment will be valid when interviews start again!

You nailed it there: when !

PPRuNeUser0156
14th Mar 2020, 12:02
You nailed it there: when !

my friend has an interview on the 24th March so they’re still happening.

Pilot1323
15th Mar 2020, 11:23
Hi guys, quick question, I originally applied with CAE and then made a new account with AFA, now I don't have yet a AUPRT, therefore I can't upload the certificate under the "My documents" section. I read that some of you applied without the UPRT and got the invitation for the online assessment.. so how did you even send the application without uploading the certificate? I mean even if I fill all the sections the system won't let me apply unless I also upload something in the UPRT field... Any suggestions?

aouseair
15th Mar 2020, 14:08
Hey!
anyone else got the assessment on the 19th this Thursday send me a pm or message. With how things are going right now I'm not even sure if the asessment still will go ahead especially with pilots on unpaid leave and risks of jobs being lost. I've already heard they cancelled all interviews for Italian and possibly Spanish applicants.
Best of luck to all

Arnas
15th Mar 2020, 20:51
For me the system allowed to apply without uploading something in the UPRT field.

sunji
16th Mar 2020, 08:59

are you blind whats happening around you? they are even laying off their own crews, what do you think are the chances of getting a interview right now? nobody is hiring at the moment and if you dont get that, then you are missing common sense. every airline is shutting down for the meantime. they ask everybody to take unpaid leave and most of the flights are not happening anymore.

iome
16th Mar 2020, 09:13
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1220x2000/screenshot_20200316_091018_2_af35772a19db0150270712a7f533ef6 882ce8912.png
Still doing interviews, although no training for the foreseeable future

Wertytg
16th Mar 2020, 12:11
Hi Wertytg

Have you heard anything from CAE?

dirk85
16th Mar 2020, 12:14
https://www.airlive.net/breaking-ryanair-to-ground-almost-all-of-its-450-boeing-737-800s/

Citationcj2
16th Mar 2020, 12:23

Since you say take pprune with pinch of salt, maybe you should visit Ryanair corporate website.

If you think your interviews are going ahead then you need to get your head examined.

Sit back, stay safe and keep your money people!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/957x1370/1b198494_d052_466e_ac1c_f5dd31e3a583_2cfd510c66fed556bdb4bbd 444537b2a8330e1fa.jpeg

pilotbekesi
16th Mar 2020, 12:53
just received the invitation for the online assessment.
didn't expect that...

Jaygilly
16th Mar 2020, 13:42
Have you heard anything from CAE?

No mate, how about you

ford cortina
17th Mar 2020, 04:56
Seriously people, Ryanair have grounded their fleet, the 2020 schedule is decimated. I really would hang on, if you are still getting assessment dates etc, it is probably because right now they are too busy to deal with you, this will be an automated system.
Ryanair and any airline is now in a fight for survival, I suggest you wait. Once this is over they will need people, lots of people, but for now.....

Pal33
17th Mar 2020, 08:02
Reviewing applications is an automated email? What a load of rubbish. If you don't do the online assessment now you won’t be invited again. If you do it now, it is going to sit in a hold pool just like it did last May when they stopped recruitment and then called them guys who passed it for interviews in the last two months, which was almost a year of waiting. I am not one to keyboard warrior but filling guys who have had a response with crap to ignore the invitation for online assessments is selfish. If you’re not in it you cant win it. And saying don't waste your money, what is another €55 to the fortune you have already spent on your training 😂 Guys who got invited, get ahead of the game for when interviews eventually start again.

sunji
17th Mar 2020, 09:50
what are you talking about? nobody is saying that u shouldnt do the online test, we are just saying that you can forget about getting invited for an assessment at the moment. maybe you really need some glasses. i work at ryanair since 2 years, i have pretty good insight what is happening and what they do. if you think they gonna hire anybody in the next months then you are beyond help.

Pal33
17th Mar 2020, 12:15
the same angry keyboard warrior who is complaining about working for ryanair the past two years with your toxic attitude.I dont think many people would want your insights of opinions on the company considering your previous posts are nothing but negative or passive aggressive. Even if you still apply now what have you got to lose? Absolutely nothing.

And fyi, look above and actually read the comments about online assessments and guys telling them to forget about the invitation. If you need me to copy and paste in another post let me know 🧐🧐

Citationcj2
17th Mar 2020, 12:33
Nobody is telling you not to apply. The advise here is to keep your money as this isn’t going anywhere by the looks of it. Things were amazing in the last two years and it looks like everything stopped now.
I also waited 6 years to gain employment due to economic situation and recession.

And nobody has a toxic attitude here. Its the reality that you will only experience when you get the job! All the newbies unfortunately think aviation is all doom and gloom miss sold by flightschools taking advantage out of cadets by charging a small fortune, and insta famous people who portray this to be a haven of a job.

Its a race to the bottom unfortunately, new pilots accepting horrible T&Cs just to get that first job, which is clearly visible by the attitude displayed here during this worldwide crisis.

Seen it too many times, me me me, only to come here later on to complain...

Pal33
17th Mar 2020, 12:45
‘Me me me to only complain later’ yes this exactly what Sunji did and why I told him his attitude is toxic.

Its free to apply. So where would I be spending money? Also if you pay for the online assessment it means they are interested in your application, so already you have won which in my eyes is well worth €55 if you pass, even if the interview isnt for a year.

when you didnt get a job for 6 years, I am sure you didn't wait 6 years to apply until things picked up again. Likely that you applied to everything and anything even though you may have stood little chance of being employed considering the situation.

FYI I was made redundant last week by my airline, so I am well aware of what is going on in the industry.
My point was dont be discouraged of applying, as simply you have nothing to lose and your application is in there for when recruitment DOES pick up again! Not sure why anyone would think or encourage otherwise regardless of the situation. The cadet program is the only FD position they have open on their website.

And on that note that is me out of this topic as I am finished sharing my opinion.

Wertytg
17th Mar 2020, 14:28
No mate, how about you
Nothing at all, They don't answer my questions... I don't know what to expect, in their page said : Applicants who have already applied for the programme do not have to re-apply. You will either still be processed by the CAE Recruitment team, or your contact details will be transferred to the airline. But I don't know if they have transferred anything or what...

sunji
17th Mar 2020, 19:45
the same angry keyboard warrior who is complaining about working for ryanair the past two years with your toxic attitude.I dont think many people would want your insights of opinions on the company considering your previous posts are nothing but negative or passive aggressive. Even if you still apply now what have you got to lose? Absolutely nothing.

And fyi, look above and actually read the comments about online assessments and guys telling them to forget about the invitation. If you need me to copy and paste in another post let me know 🧐🧐

angry keyboard warrior? what are you 12? the difference is I know what I am talking about. wont waste further time with a internet troll, go troll somewhere else.

SeventhHeaven
17th Mar 2020, 20:17
I will be very, very surprised if any low hour pilots find a job in 2020, even 2021 might be slim pickings. **** I know captains with thousands of hours PIC that are afraid they'll never fly again if they get made redundant now.

If you're already qualified and looking for a job, you're already ****** you just don't know it yet. You'll probably have to swallow bitter pills and take extremely sub par deals just to get a foot in the door. But there is nothing you can do, except apply apply apply and take ANYTHING you can get, or make a hard choice and hang up your wings. No shame in that.

Raph737
17th Mar 2020, 20:31
Jesus Christ, it’s like a nursery here...you lot are looking to become pilots? Seriously, calm down, breathe, now let’s talk about the reality of the industry and Ryanair.

BA cancelled all the courses for this year, including those who already started (see the BA forum) it’s real, over 100 pilots and 300 cabin crew.

TUI is grounded and considering options, So as Jet2. The former has €1.4bil of liquidity and assets to play with plus the government support now. The later is in a healthy situation but has higher debts, but also froze recruitment.

Virgin, whole airline on unpaid leave for 2 months.

Easyjet, recruitment cancelled and has a massive holdpool. High cash flow but like everyone else, customer confidence is low.

Finally, Ryanair. High cash flow of around €4bi but grounded 90% of the fleet. Have friends with whom
I’ve trained with who were sent home on unpaid leave. Company progressively pushing pilots into warsaw aviation contracts. You think you’re going to the Ryanair contract? Dream on, it’s over.

The goal is to increase capacity at Buzz, as well as Lauda and Malta Air. Zero hour contracts and morale is really low after the strikes.

The 5/4 roster is going and if there aren’t any movement from pilots into better airlines, you’re up to a long wait.

It took some people up to 4 years to be called and that was during the good times, you gotta be smarter than that boys and stop the fighting.

Off course you’ll get invited to spend money, would you if it was free? Do the test, pay up and then sit on a pool for months if not years. Do the assessment and if successful, sit on another pool for years. Why? Because there are ex Thomas Cook pilots, Flybe, Norwegian etc mature, qualified, professional, in the market and they will be ahead of you, make no mistake.

keep pushing and don’t give up but be realistic and wise up, they are not your friends and unfortunately Aviation is on it’s knees
👍🏽

Banana Joe
17th Mar 2020, 22:04
Right now, if you could apply to a cargo carrier, be it whatever airframe, jump at it!
I fly for a cargo carrier, I passed the selection for a biggish low cost carrier and was placed in the hold pool a few months ago. I also attempted Aer Lingus which I did not pass.
The first one has not announced any reduction or cuts that I'm aware of, but IAG made a statement today, those that passed the Aer Lingus selection have had their offer withdrawn and they have already given notice to their current employer.

I am truly blessed to have not been affected by all of this for the time being. Our schedule has changed a bit only to avoid layovers in some cities, but the flying not only is intact, but it may also increase since some passenger carriers that carry cargo in their belly holds are grounded.
​​​​​​
​​​​​The problem is that you will have to compete with lots of experienced pilots on the market right now.

wigbam
18th Mar 2020, 01:10
...those that passed the Aer Lingus selection have had their offer withdrawn and they have already given notice to their current employer.
I can confirm that as well, applies for both cabin crew as well as pilots ;(

Golf Foxtrod
18th Mar 2020, 21:16
Hi guys, it is true that next months will be difficult for aviation but don’t forget that Covid19 will probably no longer be relevant this summer and 737 MAX will probably comes back in september!! They will need pilots and also cadets! To train them in their own way like they always did! So you can say whatever you want, experienced pilot or fresh from flight School, as far as I am concerned I prefer to try the assessment and stay in a hold pool than nothing! I have a back up to work in a different sector and I really consider it right now but please guys, stay optimist and put all the odds on your side! Even if you have to pay 55€ or even around 500 for an interview and get nothing, never mind... Should I remind you the cost of the flight training? 😅
Head up and do your best even if everybody know that the future will be difficult, nobody can predict the exact situation...
And by the way, I got the invitation today and I intend to share the questions I had, as often recently asked...
Good luck to everyone.

Pinuz89
19th Mar 2020, 00:12
The problem is that they won't put you on a holding pool, they will send you an unsuccesfull result right after, if they don't need you, even though your performace was great.
Then you should wait maybe 6 months or 1 year to reapply again.
So, I woudn't waist a chance, is better to wait.

kendrick47247
19th Mar 2020, 00:34
Hi guys, it is true that next months will be difficult for aviation but don’t forget that Covid19 will probably no longer be relevant this summer and 737 MAX will probably comes back in september!! They will need pilots and also cadets!

Are you joking? Do you even slightly understand the severity of the situation?

Raph737
19th Mar 2020, 01:10
I don’t think he does mate....chose to ignore everything previously said. You can only help those who wished to be helped.
Some dream of unicorns as the rest brace for the economic depression we are about to face!

Golf Foxtrod
19th Mar 2020, 01:30
Pinuz89, I can not say you are wrong, but what is the best to do for those who applied before all this **** and just get the online invitation ? Decline the test and be rejected immediately ? If you don’t try you loose each time budy ;) I do not count more than that on Ryr, it is not the only company on the market, it is just an opportunity to take in case of a favorable outcome.

kendrick47247, Covid19 restrictions will be there all the year long, same for 737 MAX unavailability and Ryr won’t need any pilot for the year to come...I don’t think so!
what’s happening is really severe, and the future won’t be easy, I agree, but keep a step ahead in case of... as they like so much in aviation.

without criticizing anyone guys, just saying my opinion ;)

Michael S
19th Mar 2020, 09:39
I must agree with Pinuz89.
Internal mail says recruitment is frozen. Even training which had already started has been stopped.
Ryanair has no hold pool policy. The most likely scenario is unsuccessful message unless agency would make a hold pool on their own without passing infos to airline.

BoeingLudo737
19th Mar 2020, 12:33
People who passed placed in the hold pool this morning. Stop spreading false rumours

Wertytg
19th Mar 2020, 15:26
And what is going to happen with the ones that made the online assessment with CAE and haven't heard anything yet?

SeventhHeaven
19th Mar 2020, 18:51
Hi guys, it is true that next months will be difficult for aviation but don’t forget that Covid19 will probably no longer be relevant this summer and 737 MAX will probably comes back in september!! They will need pilots and also cadets! To train them in their own way like they always did! So you can say whatever you want, experienced pilot or fresh from flight School, as far as I am concerned I prefer to try the assessment and stay in a hold pool than nothing! I have a back up to work in a different sector and I really consider it right now but please guys, stay optimist and put all the odds on your side! Even if you have to pay 55€ or even around 500 for an interview and get nothing, never mind... Should I remind you the cost of the flight training? 😅
Head up and do your best even if everybody know that the future will be difficult, nobody can predict the exact situation...
And by the way, I got the invitation today and I intend to share the questions I had, as often recently asked...
Good luck to everyone.

Aviation will recover eventually but probably never be the same again. We're looking at years before the situation normalizes again. The market will shrink, more airlines will go in administration, plenty of experienced pilots will be out of a job. Command upgrades will grind to a halt, and no new hires will be required. Boeing is still not able to fix the MAX appropriately, aren't selling airplanes, and are asking a 60 billion dollar government bailout just to stay afloat. We're looking at a lost decade in aviation, in Europe and the US.

This is happening, RIGHT NOW. This is not a worst case prediction, this is happening as we speak. It's reality , and that after being grounded for just a month at best, probably looking at two months.

My friend, your optimism is so horribly misplaced and misguided, I can't even laugh about it.

kendrick47247
19th Mar 2020, 19:11
Bravo!

Couldn’t agree more to your post. GolfFoxtrod’s posting shows inexperience and a complete lack of understanding of the industry.

Pinuz89
19th Mar 2020, 23:15
Pinuz89, I can not say you are wrong, but what is the best to do for those who applied before all this **** and just get the online invitation ? Decline the test and be rejected immediately ? If you don’t try you loose each time budy ;) I do not count more than that on Ryr, it is not the only company on the market, it is just an opportunity to take in case of a favorable outcome.

Of course if they have already invited you, I would go, I was meaning about people who are willing to apply.

Wertytg
20th Mar 2020, 11:54
No mate, how about you
Hey mate, did AFA send you an email?

Golf Foxtrod
20th Mar 2020, 17:03
Bravo!

Couldn’t agree more to your post. GolfFoxtrod’s posting shows inexperience and a complete lack of understanding of the industry.

What an awesome bunch of experts we have here!
You are probably pilots but also business analyst and aeronautical ingineer...
Dave Calhoun, Michael O’Leary should have a look here, I am sure they would learn something!!
You are exactly the kind of person who thinks they know everything about everything! Have a look in the dictionary for the term « humility »

Someone wrote that Rynair doesn’t have a hold pool policy.... I just got an answer from AFA saying the opposite.
Another brillant person wrote that aviation industry will almost collapse... Easyjet just announced that they will offer thousands of flights next winter.

I don’t understant how you can be so sure of your words!
I do not disagree totally with you, I repeat that I am aware that future won’t be easy but stop saying things your are not sure will happen

Hogos
20th Mar 2020, 17:50
This is my very personal opinion: despite this very difficult period, which will surely weaken many companies (as aviation is a very fragile toy), even though some other airlines might go to administration, with loads of pilots on the ground, there will always be for sure the need to fly.
Other companies may expand, or maybe others more will born, the sky won't be empty when this disaster will end.
Considering that is not easy to contain a virus when already spreaded all over the world, the real antidote which will take away the fear of being infected, and so others fears such as to travel, from people mind will be to find a vaccine.
Only then the world will go back to the normal.

SeventhHeaven
20th Mar 2020, 19:01
stop saying things your are not sure will happen

You have no idea how much I agree with you.

Golf Foxtrod
20th Mar 2020, 19:30
Give me five dude ✋You are the Boss!

Raph737
20th Mar 2020, 20:06
It’s funny to read this....the paradox 😂
No we do not know for certain the state of the industry in six months time, however, there is data supporting as slow recovery that it could take years.
Easyjet selling flights? Off course, from £39 I hear...now look into the economics of it and then we talk. Look into their profit margins, how on earth do you believe that the stimulus package and the current liquidity are sufficient to return to the recruitment boom of the last two years?
How much have Easyjet taken in the last two years?

Michael O’leary took a 50% pay cut as well today, this is the guy who won’t give you free coffee, let that sink in.... Have you been to a Ryanair crew room? Some bases the crewroom is a ship container converted, I am not joking. My point is, it’s all about cost, so be prepared for a long, long wait.

We are free to think all we want, but honestly, wake the hell up. The naivety is shocking, study the industry and the economics of it, it’s part of the role.

You're getting good advice from people who want to see you succeed, as we look out for one another. Ive been there, I fly for a decent airline now and took a massive pay-cut too due to Covid19. It took me many years to land a job so I understand the desperation but wise up.

kendrick47247
20th Mar 2020, 23:02
You're getting good advice from people who want to see you succeed, as we look out for one another. Ive been there, I fly for a decent airline now and took a massive pay-cut too due to Covid19. It took me many years to land a job so I understand the desperation but wise up.

MIC DROP! Perfect summation

portos8
23rd Mar 2020, 20:40
And when, after a long long time waiting, you pass the interview there will be a 30K pricetag for the TR. Cash up front. Or will it be 40K this time? Or maybe even 50k? And you will be so desperate you will jump on this "opportunity" , and get yourself into so much debt that you will be a slave to the banks , willing to make any compromise to your self worth in order to keep your job as you can not afford to lose it. And that is exactly where the airlines want you to be.

Citationcj2
23rd Mar 2020, 22:38
Please someone buy this man a beer!!

Well said!

Pilotman14
23rd Mar 2020, 22:41
Pubs shut mate 😉😂

Sorath
24th Mar 2020, 09:50
Seems like all current qualified pilots don't want any new players after the s*** has hit the fan for their future job interviews, as younger cadets and with less FH will be a cheaper hire for the airlines...

Hawker400
24th Mar 2020, 09:54
Yes exactly. Because a 10.000hr Capt is easily replaced by a 200hr cadet.

​​​​​​Get real

Sorath
24th Mar 2020, 10:50
talking about FO's with unfrozen ATPLs. Obviously not talking about super qualified Captains...
Get real

Citationcj2
24th Mar 2020, 10:55
Seems like all current qualified pilots don't want any new players after the s*** has hit the fan for their future job interviews, as younger cadets and with less FH will be a cheaper hire for the airlines...

Nah.. is just the desperation cadets go trough and willing to almost fly for free, as seen in some of the comments in this thread:

“If I got an airline job I would fly for free for 6 months just to get that job”

Everybody wants their first job, and are literally willing to do anything.

But unfortunately this comes at the price!
T&Cs are getting slashed, and as you said newer guys are willing to work for less..

But 6 months or 1 year later when reality kicks in, all those cadets start to sing a different tune!

They complain, they moan, they had enough!
They start applying to other airlines, after their first 500hr, they start joining unions, they leave and they seek better conditions and pay!

See? Its a vicious circle.

And unfortunately your flight schools, instagram & YouTube doesn’t portray the actual and factual picture of the real airline pilot. Its not all sunsets and selfies and flash watches and look at me attitude.

Theres other side if it too, and this is something thats not published and you won’t know about it till you join the club.

So dont be delusional in this, nobody here is afraid of you, the jet hours experienced guys have, are worth gold in the aviation industry, they are the commanders or future commanders. There is no replacement for it! Certainly not a cadet. But you are the future of this industry, so try set some standards, otherwise soon enough guys In McDonalds will earn more then pilots and robots will take over!

Raph737
24th Mar 2020, 11:05
talking about FO's with unfrozen ATPLs. Obviously not talking about super qualified Captains...
Get real

Line training Captains will have a field day with you, thinking you’re prepared and in equal terms with an FO who’s “been there, done that”.

Your comment shows why many of you, should be getting life experience and/or digging deep and accumulating knowledge before even trying to fly a plane. You think airlines will be queuing to hire you instead of a qualified pilot with jet hours under their belt? Okay then....let’s talk in 6 months.

Ryanair is recruiting guys like you? Wow

Sorath
24th Mar 2020, 11:18
Really didn't intend to start a fire here... on the contrary, healty debate is always appreciated.

Just saying that a low hour pilot is going to get paid less that a FO with more experience... which is normal ... for any industry not only aviation. So I believe that perhaps (with less knowledge than you guys I guess) an airline would prefer this profile before a 2k FH FO... maybe I'm totally wrong. Just saying it's cheaper to have. I UNDERSTAND that the profession get devalued this way but capitalism has that side as well and we cannot pretend it doesn't exist.

My comment was just because I have a feeling that many people are starting to get very competitive and it seems like current pilots are willing to portray the situation as a living hell to scare off wannabes... my feeling of some individual not all, others are pretty kind and helpful (altruism I guess)

Raph737
24th Mar 2020, 12:02
Mate, people are not getting competitive. We are giving advice to the youngsters so you don’t get in a difficult situation like many of us did.

Nobody is portraying a “living hell”, do you think we want to be in this situation? It’s the truth my friend.

I have pilots friends flying all over Europe/world, there isn't a single pilot who isn't afraid of losing their job, some fly legacy and others low cost.

How long was the 9/11 grounding? Compare it to now.

When it comes to recruitment, there were years where I wouldn’t get a single reply to my cadet applications, to the contrary of what was promised by flight schools. On the other hand, I had five interview offers the same week I’ve stepped out of This outfit.

There are insurance considerations, as well as Limitations as to what you can do and who you can fly with as a cadet, that’s added cost. Although long term it is cheaper, it will depend on company’s training capacity and what the market demands in terms of growth.

It is unprecedented to ground aviation for such a long period of time, and there are thousands of people in different sectors losing their jobs. Meaning, people’s priorities wont be to go on holidays as soon as there’s some money coming in and businesses will refrain of premium travel.

Again, it took me several years to get a job and you need to be humble. Don’t believe any flight school, their job is to sell you the dream.

Sorath
24th Mar 2020, 12:12
thank you. This is the sort of comment I wish to read. Not heeeyy prepare 150K for a TR, it's just not constructive. Give this man a beer! Mic drop!! Just childish...

I am trying to be humble, I just don't want to be influenced by jokers. I really want to get into this business, I have my plan B, I can wait it out, but I certainly don't want to have to go through that.

I've postponed my training till October to see how airlines get along this summer. To see if there will be a recovery of some sort.

So yes I appreciate the conservative comments, It's a lot of money I'm going to pour into this... as I expect to live off it.

Banana Joe
24th Mar 2020, 12:39
Not hearing good news from people based in Poland. They will be grounded throughout May and could be protracted after that.

Banana Joe
24th Mar 2020, 12:48
Sorath

Training a cadet is expensive. You may pay for the TR yourself, but TRI and LTC are paid extra and the line training for a cadet is longer, plus all the ground courses, etc.
​​​​​
​​​​​​

Arnas
24th Mar 2020, 12:55
Meanwhile I received an e-mail stating that I successfully passed online assessment and will be contacted in due course :D

Sorath
24th Mar 2020, 13:08
Training a cadet is expensive. You may pay for the TR yourself, but TRI and LTC are paid extra and the line training for a cadet is longer, plus all the ground courses, etc.
​​​​​
​​​​​​
But over , let's say, a 3 year period is it still profitable to hire a senior FO than a Cadet?

Banana Joe
24th Mar 2020, 13:49
If that senior FO over 3 years becomes a captain or even a LTC, then yes. Pilots with experience in many places are eligible also for other ground duties such as safety department, etc. Every airline is different.

When it recovers (and I doubt it will get back to the previous level), airlines will need to get pilots that can be qualified or re-qualified quickly. That's hardly the case with cadets.

By all means, go ahead with your training and do it modular, and keep an eye on the industry and act accordingly.

MCDU2
24th Mar 2020, 14:33
​​​​​
​​​​​​

Basic maths would imply its actually a relatively inexpensive expense where compared to the TR. 20k a year (as a guess) supplement spread out over the number of days that an instructor is available to work (365 days, less holidays, days off (4 per 9 days), SEP, their own SIM twice a year, sick days). Probably less than 100eur a day extra for the LHS TRE to hand hold the cadet. 50 odd sectors or whatever FR dictates (guess again) - 4 sectors a day would mean 2 weeks minimum and a line check at the end.

It used to be that the cadet paid for the safety pilot effectively as well by not earning - this has hopefully changed but highlighted just how little cost FR actually incurred of the training.

Citationcj2
26th Mar 2020, 10:05

Well how did that interview go, do you mind me asking you??:(

Sorath
26th Mar 2020, 10:19
MCDU2

So you say that, FR model is economically profitable accounting for the training expenses... plus almost all new pilots would want to be Contractors since they earn more and I guess it costs less for FR, plusplus they have more control/leverage over these guys since they can lose their jobs from morning to afternoon.

ribenaFlaps
26th Mar 2020, 15:23
Hi guys, my interview got cancelled last week and I didn’t get a new date. Did that happen to anyone else?

ford cortina
27th Mar 2020, 08:09
Seriously, I cannot believe this. Ryanair have all their staff on the ground. If this was over tomorrow, they will only need pilots ready to go, who are cleared to line etc. So once they have got all their people flying again, then and only then they may look at recruitment. Seeing they have not had any more deliveries, seeing the MAX is not yet being delivered, I would think it will be quite some time before they start to hire again in any numbers. Ryanair's hiring boom is over, for the foreseeable future, to launch into training on the hope they will give you a job is pure insanity.
Save your money

Pinuz89
27th Mar 2020, 11:06
There is one thing to take into account, experienced pilots are, in general, looking for a more concrete stability, they might have a family (also young FOs can have, but on average), of course a 10k hours Capt is not looking to go to a charter company in Vietnam (with all due respect to Vietnam).

Young and unexperienced cadets, averagely, are more prone to go almost everywhere, accepting also non permanent contract, and this is what happened in the past and what is going to, in the near future.
We might have to accept a renewable contract in the middle of nowhere, to get some hours.

Banana Joe
27th Mar 2020, 11:25
Well, I see Susi Air are recruiting. The problem is to get there for the assessment.

marwan26
27th Mar 2020, 21:53
Meanwhile I received an e-mail stating that I successfully passed online assessment and will be contacted in due course :D
Congrats! Whatever is happening out there right now. How long was it since you did the tests?

Wertytg
27th Mar 2020, 23:56
Yeah me too, the only thing they needed from me was to create a profile

Arnas
28th Mar 2020, 20:05
Thank you! Almost two weeks.

737fl
29th Mar 2020, 13:15
I just did the online assessment. I don’t have UPRT. Only time will tell if anything comes of it!

Augis1999
31st Mar 2020, 08:47
Should we get email if the online assessment has not been successful? Exactly two weeks passed and havent heard anything from AFA

pilotmike
31st Mar 2020, 14:29
How terrible! How dare they try to use Coronavirus as a lame excuse for not responding to you on the exact day you that you wanted them to.:ugh:

ford cortina
31st Mar 2020, 14:41
I bet next they favour experienced FO's with few thousand hours on type in preference of cadets, who after all are vastly superior. After all, Bose , Ray Ban need more cadets to buy their shiny stuff. :8

wilco121decimal5
3rd Apr 2020, 18:01
Hello,
is anyone still waiting to hear the result of the online assessment? It's been 3 weeks for me since I did it.

Augis1999
3rd Apr 2020, 18:03
Hi, same for me. Waiting :)

marwan26
3rd Apr 2020, 18:17
Yesterday, I got a positive answer after 7 days of completing the test. Finger crossed you get yours soon!

YOUYOUFLY
7th Apr 2020, 10:43
Congrats !!
I recieved the same but now we have to stay patient. I dont know when we might be called for the step 2. do you have any idea ?

Wertytg
8th Apr 2020, 15:33
Anyone that applied thorught CAE and got the positive email from AFA ?
If so send me and mp to ask you something.

Aviationtrader
10th Apr 2020, 17:34
Hi,

Could someone who has recently partaken in the Ryanair Cadet Online Cut-E Assessment please answer the following:

How many video interview questions were you presented with?
What were the questions (technical/personal)

Furthermore, in relation to the ATPL questions, can you advise which subjects the questions were primarily based on. It's a mammoth task going through every subject but I suspect the questions may be repetitive and centred around certain subjects....

Thank you,

YOUYOUFLY
12th Apr 2020, 09:03
Hi,
For the video interview you have 3 questions with only 1minute prep if not less and they are basic interview questions but what is a little bit difficult is that you only have one attempt when recording. The questions change from one candidate to another as my friend did not have the same as I did.
For ATPL questions I would say it is general subjects so try to review ATPL questions you trained during your training. You will have 30 questions in 10 minutes.
You can train with latest pilot interview prep it s a good package for this kind of assessment.

Aviationtrader
12th Apr 2020, 20:41
Good-evening Youyoufly,

Thank you for your swift response. I have obtained another ATPL question bank to skim through questions. Based on your advice, I'm going to do a dozen-odd practice rounds of 1 minute interview responses directed towards a camera, to try and compose orderly responses consistently. That, I feel, should be sufficient alongside all the prep for the Cut-E aptitude tests.

Thanks once again,

Golf Foxtrod
13th Apr 2020, 20:19
I passed successfully 2 weeks ago the online test with AFA, I can say that ATPL questions are really random and it is very very difficult to reach 75%, I think I answered correctly more or less 15 questions and it was fine... the goal, I think, is to go trough all questions and don’t be stuck on first questions... LatestPilotJob is a good tool to train!

As far as video questions are concerned, I had exactly:

What is the most important aspect to be a pilot and why?
Discuss what you liked/disliked during your flight training?
What are your main career goals?

My friend got the same questions the day after (25th March)
You have 20s to prepare and 1 min recording. Only one attempt per question ! You can stop recording after a minimum of 15s.

The cognitive tests are very similar to those on LatestPilotJob, except for matrice deductive logic which is wayyyy more complicated than LPJ!

Good luck

Golf Foxtrod
13th Apr 2020, 20:22
For Matrice deductive logic, have a look at Pilotest...

YOUYOUFLY
15th Apr 2020, 13:27
Hi Golf Foxtrod ,
Congrats for your having passed the online tests.
Do you have any idea of when we will be called for step 2?

Golf Foxtrod
16th Apr 2020, 09:34
Hi,
I really don’t know, I don’t wait any offer in aviation nowadays, I am currently working in another activity. I believe they won’t call before summer 2021...

Aviationtrader
20th Apr 2020, 14:05
@Golf Foxtrod

Thanks for your good wishes and detailed response. I thought I'd reply once I know the outcome of the online assessment which I've now received. I was successful!

The ATPL questions were fairly straight forward, a quick recap using a question bank should be enough to refresh ones memory. There were no calculation questions, at least not for me.

The video interview questions were also fairly simple:
Why a pilot?
Tell us some about some of your interests..
Why RYR
(It helps to prepare the answers before hand and I cannot emphasise enough how useful it is to practice 1 minute responses in-front of a camera. The minute flies by so it's wise to get in some practice to grasp how refined your responses need to be to stay within the time limit)

Aptitude tests are are they appear on the CUT-E preparation sites (I used pilotest.com), nothing unexpected. Just practice practice practice...

Good-luck to anyone with a forthcoming assessment.

CNTAA
22nd Apr 2020, 06:48
Watch this for basic idea about ADF NDB

JWH738
22nd Apr 2020, 20:16
Lady’s and Gents, first time poster with a question that maybe someone can give their two cents on.

If a fATPL holder came off a Ryanair mentored program how would they do against a 2/3/4000 hour FO..?

The FO has the experience and is the clear favorite, but at the same time am I right in saying FR would have to take cadets from the mentored program otherwise what’s the point in having the program in the first place.

Personally I’m in a position to come off the program and sit in a holding pool, but when things start to move in the industry 1/2/3 years time who would be in a better position..??

Take care and stay safe, J

The Foss
22nd Apr 2020, 22:45
Ryanair don’t ‘have’ to take anyone from anywhere and will always do whatever suits them at the time.
For the past five years or so, Direct entry FO and cadet recruitment were both running continuously through different processes. A main difference was the experienced FO could agree a base before joining and usually get the contract they wanted, which would obviously show a preference to experienced pilots.
After this who knows which way they’ll go!

BoeingLudo737
23rd Apr 2020, 11:17
Sorry but you have come to the wrong place for answers

portos8
23rd Apr 2020, 16:09
am I right in saying FR would have to take cadets from the mentored program otherwise what’s the point in having the program in the first place.

Is there a clause in your contract that guarantees you a position once you competed your training?

Banana Joe
23rd Apr 2020, 18:24
I was told there is a guaranteed interview (and not the job), since you have to pass an assessment before you are admitted in the program in the first place. Same for just the APS-MCC at one of their providers.
​​​​​​It makes sense to me.

BoeingLudo737
24th Apr 2020, 08:55
100% correct

Raph737
24th Apr 2020, 13:47
Nope, there’s no guarantees at all until you have attained 500hrs on type and moved from a Second Officer contract. If anyone tells you otherwise, they’re either naive or liars, or both. Ryanair has no integrity so tread carefully. That said, the market is about to change dramatically so consider every option at your disposal and don’t give up!

Citationcj2
25th Apr 2020, 00:29
Ryanair employs cadets when there’s an expansion planned, like it did in the last few years.
They dont have to employ anyone regardless whether you have apsc or not and they probably wont now.

As a matter of fact, they just announced today that they will let go some 10-20% of staff in the coming winter due to surplus of pilots and no demand for flying due to Covid 19. Judging at this statement, they hardly be taking in more staff when they have too many..

Its a scary world at the moment, and lets hope things improve

Flyer1988
25th Apr 2020, 08:49
With all that said above why are they still interviewing new cadets who are being told they have passed the first stage of the interview (video interview answering a few HR questions and a couple of tech questions)

Upon successful completion of the above they are being told they are onto the next stage which is a Sim assessment.

Any ideas what's going on with that if RYR are rumoured to be making cutbacks as are most other airlines

PilotLZ
25th Apr 2020, 09:17
I might be wrong but I think that there will be a shift in balance between Lauda and Ryanair/Buzz/Malta air. Any fleet renewal or expansion with the 737MAX is off the cards for the foreseeable future. At the same time, some of the older 737-800s will probably be let go of as there won't be enough demand to fill the entire fleet for a year or two from now. At the same time, Lauda is well positioned to take over some profitable routes. It's got orders for the A320 and finding more close-to-new aircraft won't be an issue even on a short notice these days.

Citationcj2
25th Apr 2020, 10:42
they can interview all they wont. Its a business in the end. Its keeping the flight schools aflot, their HR department and its still encouraging people to spend the money and train.

Passing an assessment and getting the job are two things millions apart.

You can stay in so called “pool” for 5 years, its no harm to anyone as long as you want to think that you’ve got the job and passed your assessment. But when will you actually fly?? Nobody knows. When things come, people like you will be willing to accept any conditions thrown at you, and possibly even volunteer to fly for free like many have done in the past and are still doing it. Its a race to the bottom

PilotLZ
25th Apr 2020, 11:25
And what's the story with interview fees now? At what stage do you have to pay for your assessment? Is it just the sim or the online part as well? That could explain why there are still interviews going on even when recruitment isn't actually on the cards.

Hawker400
25th Apr 2020, 17:06
With all that said above why are they still interviewing new cadets who are being told they have passed the first stage of the interview (video interview answering a few HR questions and a couple of tech questions)

Upon successful completion of the above they are being told they are onto the next stage which is a Sim assessment.

Any ideas what's going on with that if RYR are rumoured to be making cutbacks as are most other airlines

Why? Because it costs nothing to them. You pay the €55 fee and in return they have people one stage ahead should things move. But that's a big Should because they won't move for a long time.

​​​​​
​​​​​
And what's the story with interview fees now? At what stage do you have to pay for your assessment? Is it just the sim or the online part as well? That could explain why there are still interviews going on even when recruitment isn't actually on the cards.

My info is from experience, it was the same up until a few months ago.

You pay the online part €55 and have a few days to complete the assessment.
​​​​​​​Once successful they send you a link to pay €350 within 1-2 days and will schedule you at HQ

Pilot2/b
1st May 2020, 07:13
Ryanair says up to 3,000 jobs will be lost in restructuring plan
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-ryanair-to-slash-up-to-3000-jobs-over-covid-19-crisis-11981526
Nothings going to be happening anytime soon it seems. Sad times for the industry! 😔

kpd
1st May 2020, 11:58
Sad indeed. Amazingly this thread has had 5 million views since it started- I sense much less for the future unfortunately.

parkfell
11th May 2020, 07:26
And yet you are saying elsewhere that you are starting at FTE in September?

Really......?

Banana Joe
11th May 2020, 08:03
What a way to weed out the competition:E

parkfell
11th May 2020, 08:57
He would have been lucky to have been issued with
a UK dog licence (as was) never mind a professional pilots licence.

Wertytg
12th May 2020, 16:21
That’s the attitude of some who want to get into a cockpit, it’s just sad, you need to have more sympathy

parkfell
13th May 2020, 10:10
A visit to the Trick Cyclist is probably necessary.

Probably enough material would be generated for a complete conference?

parkfell
21st May 2020, 14:02
But I never said I was going to pay FR for an assessment so you don’t need to worry about me weeding out the competition. My post on FTE was facetious, Q. How the hell would I have got to Jerez and back to do the assessment in the first place at this present time? 😂😂😂

I am just wanting to use your noggins more efficiently at this time 👍

You seem to get some perverse pleasure winding up those unfortunate trainees caught up in the tsunami. You think it is funny? It is not.

Your knowledge of how selection works at FTE is wide of the mark, if not non existent.

FTE had marketing days monthly until the Royal Decree required them to stop activities on 15 March.
Given what was the long waiting list then, a September 2020 start date was perfectly feasible.
They start again next week, albeit it gently with C-19 protocols.

If anyone needs to use their “noggin” it is you. You might even consider an apology given your thoughtless comments made elsewhere.

Let me guess, you are not sorry at all.....

BoeingLudo737
22nd May 2020, 07:23
OMG!! You don’t get it at all, I had no idea of a Royal Decree or anything it was tongue in cheek as I say, how on earth was I to get there right now even if the place was open??
blob:https://www.pprune.org/bc2daf13-3120-490d-8c9c-3730652fba7b

Just stop writing nonsense and have some respect for people

Lokki
9th Jun 2020, 14:28
Is CAE no longer taking the new applications? The link on RYR website goes to another institute instead?

also theres no details on there of the bond that's usually required, is it still 5k or 10k?

PPRuNeUser0156
9th Jun 2020, 14:42
you can’t apply via CAE anymore.

the Ryanair careers site is the only place you can apply and the bond payment is now €10k.

Pilot2/b
9th Jun 2020, 14:52
I wonder if it has something to do with the hundreds of RYR guys currently being made redundant? Just a thought... 🤔

BoeingLudo737
9th Jun 2020, 15:02
No, applications don't go through CAE since maybe March

Raph737
9th Jun 2020, 15:17
Good luck trying to compete with thousands (I estimate 6000 in UK/Eire) of qualified 737/A320/330/380/777/787 pilots against your 250hrs and no rating.
Our profession is being slaughtered, nobody will recruit to those levels in a while, be realistic guys. Get a job to ensure you have money to keep licenses current, best advice I can give.
This was sent today by Emirates...

PilotLZ
9th Jun 2020, 16:05
I wonder if it has something to do with the hundreds of RYR guys currently being made redundant? Just a thought... 🤔
The training department in and of itself is a major source of revenue. I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if self-funded type ratings take off in a month or two, as was the case a couple of years ago. After all, would you refuse some meager €29,500 which someone happily gives you for using some training capacity that would have been idling otherwise? And what they will get in return is the good old zero-hour contract - and RYR can afford to hand out as many of those as they want since they put the company under no obligation for fixed monthly payouts or a minimum number of hours to be provided for each one of those pilots. It doesn't matter whether one pilot does 90 hours or 10 pilots do 9 hours each. It would cost the company the same.

To me, that sounds like a really logical next step for RYR. There will never, ever be a shortage of 200-hour chaps who would happily part with a bag of cash for the chance of putting on that shiny uniform, even if it means no guaranteed income and severely culled earning potential for some time to come.

Raph737
9th Jun 2020, 21:33
Sounds like denial to me, pink unicorns with all due respect. The cadet scheme is now bonded without the full upfront payment option, as you may have read here. If they reverse the scheme, then it may make sense, however, I believe the training capacity they have will be focused on those in their training college already.

Entering the scheme now could also see you sit on a pool for a while before you even see the dirty jet(they are filthy) and put that cheap quality uniform.

There is also the legal aspect of making employees redundant then hire replacements within a year, in the UK is ilegal. I believe the government made a point about business taking the Job retention scheme money, than making people redundant. Would be even worse taking the money, making the redundancies whilst still recruiting cadets. Ryanair accepted a substantial financial support from the UK government.

If the European market picks up faster than predicted, OCC’s are cheaper and faster to run and pilots require a handful of sectors whilst a cadet needs a minimum of 64.

Emirates fired 1/4 of it’s pilots today with more to come(update on my previous post, it’s actually 950 as of now). Many of them have 737 ratings as many came from Ryanair, Norwegian, Fly dubai etc.

Honestly, you guys have to be measured and make decisions with a lot of consideration, again, it’s sound advice and it’s free!
You lot are in denial.

PilotLZ
10th Jun 2020, 05:14
​If they reverse the scheme, then it may make sense​​​​​​
That's what I originally wanted to put across. I can't see the cadet scheme continuing in its present format for quite a while - however, that doesn't mean that there will be no type ratings. The sim centre is a big cash cow in itself. It will likely just be a fund-yourself affair, with some bogus agency contract in the end of it, saying that you MAY be offered work with RYR on-demand as part of a contractor pool. It doesn't contradict the fact that RYR employees were made redundant because those with agency contracts will not be RYR employees.

It's a way of making money - and a truly big one. Only giving RYR the second place in the "Pay an arm and a leg for a 737 type rating" department (with the first one being held by a certain company on the other end of Europe, charging €35,000 for it). So, I think that it would be denial to think that they will not avail of this. If that became the case and I was an applicant, I wouldn't be worried about the assessment and the course. I would be worried about being assigned enough work to pay the bills for the month.

Lokki
10th Jun 2020, 12:23
Some people have gone off on meltdown..

I was just trying to work out if RYR no longer do type ratings via CAE? Have they parted ways? Any application that was with CAE no longer exists?

TommiW
10th Jun 2020, 12:30
As far as I'm aware, they parted ways with CAE just before COVID. The new provider is Airline Flight Academy. If you had an application with CAE then it would have been transferred to the new organisation.

Detrol5
30th Jun 2020, 16:24
It is possible to send an application to AFA nowadays, or is closed at the moment, if so, any idea when they will start doing the interviews ?

PilotLZ
30th Jun 2020, 17:00
It's possible to apply for the cadet talent pool or for the type-rated pilot talent pool. However, it's anyone's question when can this possibly lead to an interview and maybe even a job in the end of it. My personal bet is not before 2021.

Chief Willy
1st Jul 2020, 10:09
2021!!! Jesus that’s optimistic! We are looking at about 1/4 to 1/3rd of all airline pilot jobs in Europe becoming redundant. Sadly there will be 10s of thousands of experienced and type-rated pilots ahead of you in the queue. And europe has a very young pilot age group overall so there is no “retirement wave” due which will save us.

PilotLZ
1st Jul 2020, 11:03
Type ratings in themselves are a massive source of revenue for RYR. €29,500 is a lot more than the self-worth of the course and the training department is alleged to generate a couple of milion euro of revenue every year. Moreover, low-hour pilots are on a lower payscale. So, I wouldn't be so certain that in the coming years only experienced pilots will be recruited. Someone needs to feed that training department by "buying the dream" for some mere €29,500 and a contract with 0 guaranteed hours, 12 guaranteed hours or anything in between afterwards. Whoever can afford it can quite realistically have some chance within the next year.

parkfell
3rd Jul 2020, 17:13
As Ryanair will determine the ‘revised’ T&Cs of returning contract pilots who will require minimal retraining, followed by testing. Minimum supervised line training then follows; why take on new cadets if there is a rapid need to meet demand and get “flight deck bums on seats”?
And not to mention cabin crew, engineers and other support staff.
This is the “V” shaped recovery we are all hoping for.
The “L” shape recovery might result in a different response.

Junior birdmen must take PILOT LZ submission with a certain amount of caution.
Caveat Emptor.

Do not take it as the GREEN light just yet. Boris has just announced some releasing of restrictions.
My Crystal Ball is still somewhat opaque and will remain so until then end of 2020.

JWH738
7th Jul 2020, 19:43
So I had a look on the FR pilot recruitment page, just out of curiosity as to any changes... and the statement about the €10,000 bond is nowhere to be seen...

PilotLZ
8th Jul 2020, 22:55
In the current situation of severely reduced demand even for the cheapest of flights and lots of unemployed 737 drivers out there and with a company where the "cash is king" mantra has been done to death ever since, I would be absolutely amazed if any company cash would be invested into training someone. Rated or self-funded sound far more practical. A training bond is a good thing for an airline under a completely different set of circumstances, namely when many candidates are required (and some of them are perfectly capable but not in a position to pay for the type rating out of their own pocket) and when pilot retention is a problem (and that won't be the case for some time as well since there won't be too many better alternatives available). In this situation, funding anyone's training is an unnecessary burden and damage to the liquidity of the company. Why pay for someone's type rating if you can either get a rated pilot or one who's able to self-fund the course? So, whenever recruitment starts, it would be safer to expect more of a pre-2015 arrangement than a 2018-style one.

polskiland
25th Jul 2020, 12:16
Any recent news?

Banana Joe
25th Jul 2020, 13:33
Maybe recruitment for Direct Entry will open again towards in November. It depends on the MAX certification and how Europe will deal with the second wave of the virus, which is already on its way.

Climb150
25th Jul 2020, 18:14
Second wave? When did the first one finish?

polskiland
22nd Aug 2020, 19:21
Been awfully quiet, they waiting for the MAX?

Hawker400
22nd Aug 2020, 21:58
Wait till you hear about this thing called covid

PilotLZ
22nd Aug 2020, 23:11
The MAX will not be certified by EASA until the end of this year, more likely - early 2021. So, expecting the first deliveries in or after Q1 2021 would not be unreasonable. Hopefully they will all come with cargo holds loaded with COVID-19 vaccines so that they actually have enough places to fly to quite frequently and on a cash-positive basis. Until the latter becomes possible, patience is king. This more or less explains why recruitment has gone silent for now, me thinks.

Cesxxx
8th Dec 2020, 16:28
Hello guys I applied for AFA Cadet pilots Ryanair in July. So far I haven't received anything from them but I know that some people including my friend who did receive a response. He had online assessment and passed. Im still waiting for that
What are your thoughts? Any opinions ?

Jaygilly
8th Dec 2020, 22:42
Hi I applied back in March and haven't received anything from them. Have you got a EASA licence or a UK licence as from 1st January everyone that applys for Ryanair need a EASA licence if there is a no deal. Also do you have a APS or MCC.

Cesxxx
9th Dec 2020, 00:11
I have EASA license and i made MCC JOC in poland smart aviation. Also I have AUPRT. So im not the only one who is waiting :) good luck guys!

Brian Pern
9th Dec 2020, 00:32
Seeing most of their crews are either on Part time rosters or unpaid leave, I would think it will be a while before recruitment starts again in any meaningful way

Banana Joe
11th Dec 2020, 22:45
Sort of good news. Ryanair are expecting to start training cadets in 2021 as they expect to be busy operating a full schedule in 2022, but we're back to the old type rating scheme. I think the bond deal was a better deal for both parties involved.
​​​​

Jaygilly
12th Dec 2020, 00:13
There goes my chances of flying for Ryanair. I really can't afford €30000 for the type rating, it was ok when it was only €10000. It would be ok if they could bond you and take it out your wages over so many years.

PilotLZ
12th Dec 2020, 07:56
Did I say that this would happen some months ago? Yes, I did. It caused unexplained keyboard rage in some participants back then, but there we have it.

It's not the end of the world though. Those who applied pre-2016 and had to self-fund the type rating in the very same way mostly did so by means of a bank loan. Once you've passed the assessment and you have an offer, this shouldn't be too hard to obtain if you have a good credit record. After all, you're entering a stable job with a high earning potential. If you can save up for a fraction of the sum and top up with a loan, that's even better. Many people have trodden this path and been successful.

MiG_29
12th Dec 2020, 08:02
Interesring situation for the UK CPL holders...looks like they cannot apply for this one

PPRuNeUser0156
12th Dec 2020, 08:21
All down to Brexit negotiations and if there is a deal. Ideally the CAA will remain part of EASA as there is no benefit to either party being split apart.

Ryanair know exactly what they’re doing, demand for jobs vs demand for pilots is huge so they’ll take advantage.

Same thing will happen in 4-5 years when other airlines begin recruiting and they’ll find themselves short again and scramble to reduce the cost.

MiG_29
12th Dec 2020, 08:24
I saw few moths ago an article where UK CAA stated that they will leave EASA anyway, correct me if I am wrong

BoeingLudo737
12th Dec 2020, 08:44
I think you are right, the decision is probably already made to leave EASA

Perseas
12th Dec 2020, 10:26
Sort of good news. Ryanair are expecting to start training cadets in 2021 as they expect to be busy operating a full schedule in 2022, but we're back to the old type rating scheme. I think the bond deal was a better deal for both parties involved.
​​​​
Link please. Couldn't find it.

PPRuNeUser0156
12th Dec 2020, 10:27
I’m sorry but I’m not convinced the CAA want to do that, this is on the UKCAA website right now and wouldn’t be on there if they definitely wanted to leave.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1170x1804/56cfeb7d_fdeb_40ee_8dda_7dc88ba25d18_3fe4af5fd0619e843838e3f c2d942ff21cc34f0c.jpeg

Banana Joe
12th Dec 2020, 11:16
Link please. Couldn't find it.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/678x909/ryr_1_87e5d6e36bcea2f8c8e7974ed22cbc5e66162a43.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x960/ryr_2_b86fa3a46c9b63bbdfa01efdc46b5d007df410f9.jpg

Cesxxx
12th Dec 2020, 12:33
30 000€ its impossible amount for me. Due to covid I've lost my job and savings are slowly melting . I bet I'm not the only one in this situation. And in the present situation getting a loan isn't easy. Very brave step from ryanair

pedrothepilot
12th Dec 2020, 15:16
Any rumors on when they might start interviewing/recruiting Direct Entry NTR FO's?

Anyone know what the difference would be if you applied as a cadet than a NTR Direct Entry ?

Banana Joe
12th Dec 2020, 15:18
If you are a NTR FO you have to apply for this scheme, that's straight from one of the recruiters on LinkedIn.

No recruitment for type rated FO and CPT for the forseeen future. Given the current circumstances, they don't need any ready made 737 pilots to join them and they predict they have enough time to train enough cadets.

pedrothepilot
12th Dec 2020, 15:24
Thanks Banana J Yeah but have you seen the Direct Entry talent pool on the careers page, 700 hours TT and 500 hours airline flying. Im talking non type rated candidates with jet time.

I was thinking it would be slightly better to be in this pool rather than as a cadet. Either way the type would need to be done.
You heard that from a FR recruiter or someone from AFA?

Banana Joe
12th Dec 2020, 15:41
Yes, I know about the talent pool, I have applied but I am rated. The recent comment from the recruiter is actually a bit ambitious, but they're available to answer your questions if you ask them with a comment under their post. In the screen I posted earlier they use Flybe pilots as an example, so they probably mean turboprop pilots.

Anyhow, no direct entry recruitment for the time being.

pedrothepilot
12th Dec 2020, 16:46
Yeah Im sure there wont be for some time indeed. I'll try comment on to the recruiters! Cheers

PilotLZ
12th Dec 2020, 17:12
I can speculate on the logic behind prioritising NTR applicants over direct-entry ones. First, training is an integral part of the business. Given that it's self-funded (and definitely not priced at self-worth), it's another source of revenue. Second, it's often easier to tell someone "forget everything about your previous type and learn this one from scratch" and teach them to do everything your way right from day one than it is to try and hammer any habits from their previous carriers out of their head.

If the latter doesn't sound like it makes sense, I'll tell you why, to RYR, it actually does. Back in 2015, I attended a RAeS event in London where there was a presentation about the RYR training system delivered by one of the highest-standing members of their training department. And one of his main arguments in favour of doing all the training in-house was that external instructors who had been previously contracted to teach RYR pilots had not been punctual enough with teaching things as per the RYR SOP. Quite the opposite, some of them had used the opportunity to "show better ways of doing things" to cadets and even downright insist that RYR was wrong in implementing such and such procedures and policies. Therefore, to protect standardisation, it was decided not to employ external instructors anymore.

Now probably the next step in this direction will be to try and minimise the number of new joiners who have had any exposure to 737 training conducted elsewhere.

MiG_29
12th Dec 2020, 17:24
I am very very sceptical about direct entries anytime soon.

Exactly, company used to be more oriented to train their own cadets, dont forget that not so long time ago, company trained 800, 900, 1000 cadets per year ! (They built robust training department, invested lot of money which need to be earn back) And it was still not enough so they hired direct entries to compensate the growth and experienced guys leaving to legacy, middle east, China etc....Obviously this is not going to happen for next good few years

JuliusCaesar
13th Dec 2020, 18:32
Just a quick one:
If i've passed all the assessments and is offered the TR, am I then guaranteed a job in RYR after succesfull completion?

Cesxxx
13th Dec 2020, 18:34
How much they told you to pay? When did you had an assessment? Can you tell us little bit more? Thanks

PilotLZ
13th Dec 2020, 18:52
Yes, you will. The question is, how much will you be flying and earning? With 70-90 hours per month, the money is good. With 30 hours per month, not so much. Some contracts have a guaranteed number of hours, the equivalent of which is paid to you no matter whether you've completed this number of hours or not. However, the number of said hours dropped significantly since the beginning of the COVID crisis. For Buzz and the Warsaw Aviation contract, there was a screenshot of the letter with the new conditions on one of the other RYR threads, saying that guaranteed hours are now down to 12 (from 40 pre-COVID). For the rest of the AOCs, no idea.

dirk85
13th Dec 2020, 23:40
For a bunch of months this year people on the Warsaw aviation contract were not paid at all, and that after the reduction quoted by PilotLZ. Contracts with Ryanair and associate companies are not worth the paper they are written on.

BoeingLudo737
14th Dec 2020, 08:41
Shall we talk about the Easyjet MPL cadets left stranded/completely screwed? Sorry but you can't come here writing garbage. Look in your own backyard

dirk85
14th Dec 2020, 09:27
What garbage? I said nothing but the truth.
What is it, a competition? Grow up.

And those cadets had no hiring guaranteed in their training contracts. They knew what they were signing and they signed it anyway. Tough luck.

PilotLZ
14th Dec 2020, 10:35
I don't sell anything, but please have in mind that, pre-COVID, hardly anyone who made it into RYR complained about low flying hours resulting in low pay. Quite the opposite - the vast majority of pilots flew 700-900 hours per year, with many in the large bases routinely flying close to maximum hours. Therefore, being left with too little money because of not enough flying was not a thing - and, quite likely, it won't be whenever traffic volumes recover. Today's circumstances are exceptional and, hopefully, there won't be another pandemic resulting in such a major and prolonged drop in traffic numbers after you get employed with RYR.

JuliusCaesar
14th Dec 2020, 19:24
Yes, you will....
Thanks PilotLZ, for the very elaborative answer.
So at least the money wont go to something, which only 'might' give you a job.

tongo-sierra
15th Dec 2020, 03:35
Do All Pilots flying for RYR ( direct contract or Agency ...) With EASA licence Must Transfer their licence to Get an Irish EASA?

skyboy83
15th Dec 2020, 07:24
Its the first thing you need to do!

Btw Ryanair advertise new type rating courses, but i think they didn't rehire pilots from Buzz who made redundant in April.

flyfan
15th Dec 2020, 09:04
PilotLZ

Other AOCs usually have
Basic
+ Allowance
+ Block Hours.
(+ Out of base, other special pays like AFAIK SFI/TRI/TRE)

Basic + Allowance being the same amount regardless of the hours you fly. All Info Pre Covid, now its not a matter of which AOC you fly for, but where you are based.

If you're flying close to the max hours, Buzz pilots earn way more than the rest, but now...also pay in mind that you're more or less self employed there (No paid annual leave, sick for a few weeks? well....)

Hawker400
15th Dec 2020, 10:17
skyboy83

Why would they? There's fresh blood anxiously waiting to give them €30k 🤣

arrowcapitan
15th Dec 2020, 16:38
skyboy83

Where ? I don't see any vacancies .

skyboy83
16th Dec 2020, 08:19
Hawker 400

Fresh and not so fresh. I know a couple of NTR guys with 1000-1500 jet hrs who already applied and are happily willing to pay the 30k because it is a “stable” job

arrowcapitan

I think a normal company if they want new pilots, first rehire people made redundant few months ago and then advertise self sponsor type ratings followed by a “secure” job. But who am I to judge them? Obviously not a CEO :)

FutureCommander
16th Dec 2020, 12:06
Hi guys,

I had done my online assessment earlier this year and was then put in a holding pool for the sim assessment once Covid became a real issue worldwide.

I have just received an email asking to to confirm my intention to continue with my assessment, however the email seems to be hinting towards this now being a type rating course, rather than a chance of joining Ryanair as a cadet pilot. Anyone else in my position (i.e. not having done the sim assessment & technical interview yet) who received this email?

Any information would be appreciated as I of course want to continue with my interview process for Ryanair, but I also don't want to call the bank for a €30,000 loan which doesn't have a job offer linked with it as money is very much an issue right now!

Thanks!

PilotLZ
16th Dec 2020, 12:18
With so many carriers out there deducing the cost of the type rating from one's salary over X years, RYR don't make for a unique case. It doesn't matter all that much whether you pay for the rating upfront, via a salary deduction scheme or via a bank loan with the company acting as your guarantor. In the end of the day, the money comes out of your pocket.

In the same way, there are people making parallels between RYR and P2F because you get a reduced hourly rate during line training and in the contract that's worded as "the contractor pays the company X euro per hour during training". Well, guess what? Many other companies will also not pay you full salary until you've passed your line check. Whether the wording is "you get a reduced amount" or "you pay X out of the full amount", the end result is the absolute same.

How did that happen? Over the years from the 1990s until now, RYR became too big to be ignored in any aspect. And all the other companies started asking themselves - if they can do this and this, why can't we? This, combined with the overall drive to lower costs, including by transferring as much of the training expenses to the candidate as possible, resulted in what we're seeing now. So, don't blame those who fork out the 30K now. Better ask for explanation those who did it 20 years ago.

Detrol5
16th Dec 2020, 12:32
Hi eveyone, as I believe many of you have also received the email from AFA, about the new Type-Rating in Spring 2021, as I passed the 1st online assesment they told me in the email, there's a new online assesment due to new EASA regulations and once I've done that, they will invite me to the SIM, however when I applied it was 10k back in february, now is 30K upfront, and my question is: If I pass the SIM and the interview they will offer me the Type-Rating, however, they will also hire me as a cadet from RYR? or there is no job guaranteed?
As things are really complicate now I don't want to spend 30K upfront just to stay at home with a TR and no job or anything else.

gretainb52
16th Dec 2020, 14:15
FutureCommander

I'm in the exact same position, with the online assessment passed on February and now that I've just received the email, wondering the same. I don't think anyone is willing to pay 30k for not having any guarantees of being hired by ryr. I hope someone can help us clarifying this.

PPRuNeUser0156
16th Dec 2020, 15:11
Detrol5

presumably you will be provided with Ts&Cs prior to paying that large a sum and it would be set out there.

Banana Joe
16th Dec 2020, 15:19
PilotLZ

The thing is that RYR is also the airline that everybody loves to hate. It's RYR, it has to be bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIAtEBv84CY&t=4s

The guy survived Qatar, not Ryanair, but the host is so clearly biased and he makes it very clear in the interview itself.

Contact Approach
16th Dec 2020, 18:35
Detrol5

No job is guaranteed at the end of the course. It's subject to business demand which at the moment equals zero. This is just a ploy from Ryr to get build up some cash and reserves. Don't be fooled.

PilotLZ
16th Dec 2020, 21:01
Everyone seem to have forgotten the timeline in the initial advertisement. And that is - training starting in the summer of 2021, aiming for the planned summer 2022 expansion. Nobody is offering anything right now. You're looking at a timeline of 12-18 months total. Mind it, this wasn't uncommon even during far more successful years. The whole process of application, assessment, type rating, base training and line training took over a year for many applicants.

Contact Approach
16th Dec 2020, 21:25
They were told Spring 2021 and payment is needed then. It's very risky with all things considered. Again, there's zero guarantee of any full time job with Ryanair after line training.

Detrol5
16th Dec 2020, 22:02
The only way to do it is with the 30K up-front? there is no bond over a period? and also in the ryanair program says:
Phase 4: Base and Line Training

After successful completion of the training qualification course, circuits will be flown on a Ryanair B737-800
Line training will take place from one of our many bases. The number of sectors required to complete Line Training varies with the experience level of the pilot.

So they will wait until you finish the Line Training and after that the fire you?

flyfan
17th Dec 2020, 07:48
Usually not - then your training contract gets terminated and you get a new contract. At least that's been their way for the last few years.

Hawker400
17th Dec 2020, 08:05
Detrol5

There is no bond because they don't want pilots they want money. And I have more than enough reason to believe that there is no job attached to this. It is a future expansion which can be delayed and maybe not even materialize. Why would they risk putting you in a job contract when everyone is more than happy to bear the costs entirely on their own.

Just ask the plenty of guys now on the street since they are on self-employed contracts by a single employer, services not needed.

If it can happen to people that were working and their bonds essentially written off don't think it can't happen to anyone that joins and are straight up paying for training only.

Luca93IT
17th Dec 2020, 20:49
Hi everyone,
just a single question: do anyone of you know what is the new assessment mentioned in AFA email?

Thanks in advance!

Mikith
18th Dec 2020, 09:40
Hi,
I only received a form to fill out from AFA but nothing related to the new assessment, did you receive something else ?

Luca93IT
18th Dec 2020, 18:12
well... there’s written in the email... at least... in mine there’s written that after filling the form they’ll invite me for a new assessment

Contact Approach
21st Dec 2020, 12:08
I think it’s an assessment based on common sense. Those without it will be accepted with open arms.

Detrol5
21st Dec 2020, 18:16
However in my case, I've already did once and passed it, but they say I need to do a new one, it will be the same, or just some specific parts?

PPRuNeUser0156
21st Dec 2020, 21:32
You just need to read the email again properly and you’ll have your answer.

JackTorrance
22nd Dec 2020, 08:43
Hi guys, how long after the AFA application did you receive the email?

Mikith
22nd Dec 2020, 08:49
For me it took 2 months following my application

Detrol5
22nd Dec 2020, 10:48
FlyingGreek

It said a further online assessment, don't mention anything just with free cost, the thing is a further assessment about what? what it's included

Banana Joe
22nd Dec 2020, 11:26
Just study and get ready for whatever they might throw at you. Do you want to get in the sim for the rest of your career every 6 months already knowing the script?

Come on, guys.

thomas320
22nd Dec 2020, 12:19
If you guys check the regulation reference regarding this further assessment (something we learnt during the ATPLs.), you will see that it's a psychological assessment. Nothing more. Everyone at every stage of the selection (from the beginning of the process to already selected candidates) got this information about this assessment. It's regulation related and to me it has nothing to do with a new selection aiming at getting people out of the system.

Banana Joe
22nd Dec 2020, 12:22
Has to be related to KSA100 and similar. Plenty of info on the EASA websites in that case.

thomas320
22nd Dec 2020, 12:23
Sure thing. And I bet it's one of the regulation consequences of the German wings accident.

Detrol5
22nd Dec 2020, 13:31
thomas320

So it will be like the 300 question or 100 question about your personality or what would you do? not like another cut-e assessment?

Banana Joe
22nd Dec 2020, 13:54
100, 300 or 1000, what difference would that make? It's something you can't prepare for.

Wertytg
22nd Dec 2020, 13:59
Detrol5

It seems that they've change some regulations and you will have to do the psychological , answer as honestly as possible and avoid lying as there are questions that are repeated and they will noticed

Detrol5
22nd Dec 2020, 14:00
Banana Joe

I know but if is something like a cut-e, I can prepare

PPRuNeUser0156
23rd Dec 2020, 06:25
I think you’re missing the point. It’s not something to practice, as others said you just answer the questions honestly.

Flying Clog
23rd Dec 2020, 10:14
Yeah right!

737fl
29th Dec 2020, 07:57
I also passed the online assessment back in February and got the new email from AFA. In the last one there was a section of ATPL questions pulled straight from the question bank, I got some random ones about IATA and the Warsaw Convention.

kitenation
30th Dec 2020, 11:38
Well TBH i dont think its about new regulations. Its about "if we can get another 55€ for free, why not". Multiply this 55€ and than 350 € by x and u will get a nice sum of money. Than u will get training for 30k€ which is essentially worth no more than 15k€ as as i understand during LT u fly for free... but u will pay 30k so another 15 free from nothing. Than... they can always say expansion delayed sorry, and after a year or so... do not accept rated pilots again, and u are :mad:

PPRuNeUser0156
30th Dec 2020, 12:44
well....it is about a new regulation.

I did the extra test and it’s literally just a personality test where you just choose which statement describes you best.

oh I'm sorry to tell you, there wasn’t any extra charge for this additional test.

Wertytg
30th Dec 2020, 14:53
As FlyingGreek said, if you are required to do the new assessment, you just need to do a psychological one and for free

A320LGW
30th Dec 2020, 15:05
Judging by this thread they could charge €70,000 for the course that was €5,000 or €10,000 mere months ago and still have everyone falling over themselves to join the company. How sad.

Can no one see what has happened here? €25000 extra all of a sudden for the exact same course.

It's very clear folks; supply and demand. They have pounced and are taking advantage of your desperation. This course is NOT worth €30,000 and MOL is laughing all the way to the bank with YOUR money.

pilot7777
30th Dec 2020, 18:08
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask how did you pass through psychometric test (cut-e). Please everyone to be honest. I got information that a lot of candidates are doing this test in group from home or from class in training centre. The psychometric test is not hard, however the last exercise ATPL questions, that is very hard, because I can not remember all qestions from ATPL bank (16 000questions).. Do someone have questions bank for this exercise? Or do you have any tricks or helpful materials? My opinion is that this test is stupid, because every one is cheating, this PSYCHOmetric test not testing your PSYCHO background but your biggest scores, which you can achieve with cheating. I successfully passed psychotests in the air force and my result was in the required standard, I wrote the test under supervision not from home like test cut-e. And that's fair. Normal result of psychometric test is around 65-80 %, however Ryanair makes the ranking(ladder) according to the highest score (90% and more) Every one who passed through psychometric test in Ryanair is a supernatural genius (or good cheater). Please Could someone help me with this problem?

Thank your very much.

PilotLZ
30th Dec 2020, 19:00
Well, not exactly. €5000 was the price tag for the APC course and the type rating was bonded for 5 years. As things stand now, the type rating has become self-funded once again, just as it used to be up until 2016.

Is it an expensive one though? No denial here. Still cheaper than in some other places, but certainly at the pricey end of the spectrum overall.

Hawker400
30th Dec 2020, 20:22
That's slightly incorrect. Whatever price you would have paid for the APC you still had an upfront payment for the bond, lowest 5k then later 10k.. Most mates during my interview did not do any APC and were accepted same as me. MCC only.

What people don't realize is that you are not applying or joining Ryanair. They aren't stupid. By early 2020 Ryanair outsourced (on paper) to themselves all aspects of training. I've had many dinners and beers with TRIs about this when it hit my previous (Austrian sister) airline.

In simple terms people are paying for a rating from a company (A) , then from that pool of graduates they(B) will hire as the need arises. That's it. Learn from the easyjet debacle that you are not an employee, they really are smarter than that. They could charge 70k as someone pointed out and it wouldn't matter, there's enough people to pay the tab.

A320LGW
30th Dec 2020, 22:24
PilotLZ

You have your facts muddled up somewhat as pointed out by Hawker.

It was 5,000EU to join the programme in Autumn 2017 (in 2016 and prior it was 30,000EU). This then rose to 10,000EU and has now subsequently risen to 30,000EU. All for the exact same course, in the space of 3 years.

The APS MCC (I think is what you refer to) was run by Ryanair 'approved' academies and charged at a price set by the academy. I'm not aware of any place that was charging 5,000, the lowest I found at the time was 7,000 in Germany. Thankfully I never did it anywhere because in hindsight the whole thing is a needless moneymaking invention and my standard MCC was more than enough to get me that first job with an airline that actually even paid me to do their type rating, imagine that. It is how things should be in fact.

Are you aware of how many people went entirely out of their way to do the RYR APS MCC at whatever 'approved' academy and for whom that MCC turned out to be utterly worthless for the purpose of which they undertook it? All encouraged by RYR but they aren't stupid enough to hold any liability for it all - that's on you and your own wallet.

Anyway back on track, A 737 type rating does not cost 30,000 or anything near it, nor is it what Ryanair pay for it once you give them your money. I don't know about everyone else but my money is extremely hard earnt and I don't fancy being taken for a clown by handing it over in this manner to anybody trying to rip me off.

portos8
31st Dec 2020, 03:51
Is the RYR APS MCC not a requirement to start the self financed RYR 737 TR?

PPRuNeUser0156
31st Dec 2020, 07:46
Nope! Not a requirement. Any MCC will do

Wertytg
31st Dec 2020, 14:23
The problem is that it was 25K and people did it because it was a job after finished the TR later it was 5000 with the bond, beginning of 2020 was 10k plus the bond however they pay you 1st day (not enough but was something) and job after that, now is 30k no bond and no job guaranted and the demand still there, so... if they put 50k some will pay... and TR are found around 15k or less so I don't know where the other 15k come from.

kitenation
1st Jan 2021, 20:57
I think it’s worth mentioning, that 1,5 year ago Ryanair (not sure if everywhere but Buzz for sure) was not only taking cadets with 5k upfront fee and bond for tr but also offering 20k€ (sic!) to rated officers with just as few as a couple hundred hours on type for joining the line. It’s all about offering and demand, it always was and always will. That’s how capitalism work. I also would never pay 30k€ for a tr without job guarantee (in normal times) despite the fact I am rated on 737 but currently on unpaid leave... it’s just a matter of time, and a job is still a job, line flying is about merging passion with earning for a living. If supposed to pay for the flying I would rather stick to ga.

ShamrockF
10th Jan 2021, 19:15
Would anyone have the most recent Ryanair sim briefing pack? It's the document they provide to prospective pilots attending the sim sessions. If so, could you send me a PM?

Thanks in advance.

sam.cf
11th Jan 2021, 15:03
I was wondering if anyone had completed the Ryanair online assessment recently and would be kind enough to share some feedback. It would be great to know how the overall process works and possibly have some more info on the sort of questions that were asked during the theory part and the video interview.

Many thanks !

NatHiscocks
12th Jan 2021, 10:58
I did it just before lockdown last year, I am not sure how much has changed since then. They were a mix of questions, I got a few Met ones about orographic fog, how a front is formed etc. It's hard because they are so random, but aren't difficult - if I can pass it anyone can't. I don't think the pass mark is particularly high, but don't quote me on it; you'll be fine. In terms of the interview questions, I cannot remember but they were the generic ones. I had a time when I was in a conflict situation and a time when I would do something differently. Just checking for English language I think. I stressed way too much over it. Ryanair want people to pass, if they are making money off our training, why would they want to deliberately fail you if they don't have too. Regardless, it'll be a while before we start to get back to normal I am not delusional about that, but no one really knows.

737fl
12th Jan 2021, 11:21
I also did it before lockdown, it was a typical cut-e assessment you can google it and do a few practice goes. ATPL questions straight film the bank, I got slant range calculation, ICAO council members, random met ones etc. Video interview questions were tell us a fun fact about yourself, why do you want to be a pilot, tell ya about a time with conflict. it’s not difficult at all.

hsilva7
13th Jan 2021, 10:16
Hey guys.

I am a newly graduated pilot, with ATPL(frozen) license, roughly 208h of flight time. Two days ago, I successfully submitted my application for the cadets TR program on the official Ryanair careers page. Should I already have received any e-mail just notifying me that they have received my application and it will be analyzed?

Another doubt that arose while scrolling down this forum it's: If we are selected by them to carry out the assessment, interview, simulator in Dublin etc... and we fortunately succeed, we would be invited to pay upfront 30k to undergo the TR course without any job guarantee?

thanks

Contact Approach
13th Jan 2021, 12:46
Has anyone actually got any evidence to suggest there’s an actual job contract with Ryanair as an FO at the end of this or is it purely a training agreement between you and AFA for a 737 TR and some possible line training with their partner airline? If there’s nothing in the contract to say categorically that you will be employed by Ryanair on commencing/completion of the TR then you have no leg to stand on when they tell you they’ve got no job for you on completion. “Subject to business demands” as they’ve used previously doesn’t guarantee anything legally. There’s a real risk you end up back at square one 30K down with only an expensive rating to keep current.

Currently they haven’t enough planes flying for their current lot and they aren’t forecasting huge numbers this year.

Proceed with caution!

polskiland
13th Jan 2021, 19:51
You pay 30k do the type rating fail it, no job. 30k out of the window. With all due respect, no one is flying at the moment and they explictinly said its for summer 2022. So you'll be holding there for another year and a half while you took that 30k loan out

FlyingPorcupine
14th Jan 2021, 06:51
Even if you succeed your TR, there is no job guarantee, it is completely subject to the business needs at the time you finish your line training.

Pre assessment (55 eur)
Assessment (~350 eur)
Type rating (30K paid up front)
Sign a 6 month training contract with RYR for your line training
Sign an employment contrat with RYR according to the business needs at the time

It's a type rating programme, not an employment offer.

Hawker400
14th Jan 2021, 10:06
Airlines in general and low-cost airlines in particular know that they can offset the entire cost onto newcomers, but what most don't realize is that they now offset the entire risk as well.

One does not have to look far to see examples of this. Easyjet very clearly told the cadets YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE.

Ryanair is doing the exact same thing with this training organization. If travel demand, company restructuring or God forbid you don't satisfy the standards during the course. They have zero responsibility to take you in afterwards. Because simply put YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE.

Don't be naive in thinking otherwise. This is a training program contract which puts you in the hole for €35k minimum considering all costs involved. After that should things be going well, you'll be offered an employment contract to work in 2022 as printed on their advertisement.

Hawker400
14th Jan 2021, 10:29
Contact Approach

This is the exact wording of my contract for a Ryanair partner airline which was a bonded contract; In other words very little investment from my part. I'll let you guys guess what it will say when you pay €30k upfront.

While XXX and its approved XXX XXX Agencies currently have positions available at bases throughout Europe, you must clearly understand that the training contract does not constitute an offer of employment nor a guarantee of an offer of employment at any time. Upon successful completion of your training you may be offered an employment contract with XXX or one of our XXX XXXXX Providers subject to your satisfactory performance during the term of this training contract and the requirements of the business at the prevailing time.

I don't have to mention what happened when I finished my training right when covid19 hit.

BoeingLudo737
14th Jan 2021, 15:11
Hawker400

Considering that it takes 6/8 months for a Cadet to fully finish the type rating and line training, yes, it will probably be 2022 when you'll start employment so nothing weird there. If you start the type rating in March you'll probably be finished some time in December.

Mikith
14th Jan 2021, 16:22
Hi,
How long does it take to get the online assessment results ?
Thanks

Hawker400
14th Jan 2021, 17:26
BoeingLudo737

The would-be start date isn't the weird part. What's not normal is paying over €30k euros + almost an entire year of living costs (and traveling/hotels) before you get even a wiff of cash, nevermind an actual employment contract in a world and primarily an industry that changes almost daily.. That's the weird part!

The company bears zero risk and dumps it all the cadet. This is absolutely unfair. In normal times you had no assurance of an employment contract but they had a bond over you which meant they invested in you and that was enough for people, myself included to sign on. Not to mention you got paid a training salary day one.

Now, nothing. Gambling that much money is not for the faint of heart.

BoeingLudo737
14th Jan 2021, 18:20
Hawker400

Salary from base training now as well so no changes

captain.weird
14th Jan 2021, 18:40
Mikith

Is this for cadet of DEFO?

Mikith
15th Jan 2021, 06:40
This is for cadet with AFA / Cut-e tests etc

hsilva7
15th Jan 2021, 10:14
Guys, I have the standard mcc course done in the B737/FNPTII SIM, and I was wondering about doing the APS MCC.

Do you think is worth the investment? Is it a major difference in comparison with the standard MCC, regarding the selection process by a airline?

And should I focus on doing a General APS MCC or the Ryanair Mentored APS MCC?

Thanks

keenanj01
15th Jan 2021, 12:01
Anyone with a NON EASA licence been contacted to do the Cut-e tests?

I applied on the RYR website and was then sent a form to fill in by [email protected] which I did stating I was a UK CAA Licence holder and Ive still been sent a link to do the tests even though when first advertised the position was open to EASA licence holders only and not to UK CAA Licence holders?

Contact Approach
15th Jan 2021, 22:40
BoeingLudo737

Salary for what? You’re not an employee...