PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

mackoi
1st Dec 2015, 11:22
Hi,

I've a question that I did not see exposed here. What is the expected cost of all the TR process + Base training?

In other words, by the first time you get paid by RYR, how much money have you already spent?

Regards,

FWIflyer
1st Dec 2015, 22:03
Hi mackoi,

Because it's not about Interview and sim assessment :-)

But...

Type rating course - 29500€
Company ID - 198€
Uniforms - +/- 700€
Licence transfer - 363€
Type rating issue - 275 €

Don't forget your accommodation :

Introduction week :
5 days in EMA
1 day in STN

Type rating :
8 weeks in AMS or EMA

Base training :
1 day in EMA

Don't forget your trips by plane and car...

I would say approximately 35k€

Jakob130
2nd Dec 2015, 10:03
Will anyone else attend CAE 1530 in AMS?

V0LC0M
2nd Dec 2015, 11:12
Hi all,
Does anyone have a brief summary of the most common questions they're asking for? or where i could find it? either personal or technical.
I've been contacted on Nov 28th requesting my CV and some questions.

Thank you¡
Cheers

FWIflyer
2nd Dec 2015, 12:26
Hi man !

You can find all HR and technical questions on the previous 282 pages !

mackoi
2nd Dec 2015, 14:15
Thank you FWIflyer!

mosquiii
2nd Dec 2015, 16:45
Hi everyone,

To the ones attending CAE1528 Type Rating course with intro week in EMA 1st of February, feel free to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/945952145471413/

Cheers

EchoSierra
4th Dec 2015, 15:31
Can anyone give any feedback on this weeks assessments?

ES

lukaspilot
4th Dec 2015, 19:59
Hello guys,

Today I have received an e-mail where RYR wants me to send them CV and questions they ask for. What my question is, I currently do not have MCC, but I have already applied for January date at CAE Amsterdam to do it 737NG FFS. Do you know if I can reply them even after a month or month an a half, because I do not want to get on the ''bottom'' of that list, since I really want to take the opportunity.

Many thanks
Regards,
L

TT: 257h
FI
ATPL Theory 1st time passes 91%, completed in one week.

jprpcs
4th Dec 2015, 21:57
No news yet. (2nd DEC)

Atomo
5th Dec 2015, 07:48
@JPRPCS , Have u been to the assessment this week ? Could you please send us a feedback ? ( Tech questions, Sim ? )

Thanks

jprpcs
5th Dec 2015, 11:18
@JPRPCS , Have u been to the assessment this week ? Could you please send us a feedback ? ( Tech questions, Sim ? )

Thanks

Yes I did.. Quite relaxed atmosphere... They divided us into 3 crews (we were only 7 and one of the crew had 3 members). By 9:30 we already knew what SID we were to expect (WAL2T from Liverpool R27). The SIM was a really good experience. Some QDM exercises, then the assessor asked us were we were in relation to the NDB. After that the emergency (heartattack) and we decided to go back to Liverpool. Take your time to do all the checklists, study all the briefings and talk with your SIM partner in order to organize yourselves when emergency comes, that really can help you! Go through PIOSEE/FORDEC/DODAR, whatever you learnt in your MCC. They want to see you applying what you learnt back there! And don't worry about the assessors, they won't complicate your life, it will be just as they brief you in the morning (memorize all the power settings and try to do very very small inputs on the yoke!)

The interview was quite nice as well, many HR questions (prepare to be ignored, she will ask you something and then start checking her phone, writting something, just to see how concentrated you are and if you can override that heird situation).
I had about 20/25 technical questions and all of those were said in this forum before.

My advise is, read all the questions mentioned in this forum, prepare all your briefings ( know them by heart) and have a good night sleep the day before. They won't be there to evaluate you, just to see if you are able to go through a really demanding type rating program!

Good luck to all!

Caniggia
5th Dec 2015, 11:41
Hi I'm on the 8th as well!

EchoSierra
5th Dec 2015, 12:05
@lukaspilot

Why would you apply without an MCC?...

isaac87
6th Dec 2015, 16:11
Assessment 16 December 2016
Somebody??????

ghgh
6th Dec 2015, 21:50
Just to know how the things are working... When had you the first email requesting CV? and phone interview?

Thanks a lot

P.S. This waiting is killing me

Cologne1986
8th Dec 2015, 11:01
HI there!

I am also there on the 16 th!

Cologne1986
8th Dec 2015, 11:07
Hi guys
I am also there on the 16th december.

I heard their SIM is quite senstive.

Perhaps its a good preparation to fly a little bit on their SIM beforehand, so you dont mess it up !

Does anybody would like to have a SIM preparation hour for training purposes with me in the Sim on Monday night ?

Contact me!

deltaromeo0555
8th Dec 2015, 14:25
Anyone attending the TR course CAE1530 with intro in EMA 29th february, feel free to join this fb page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552242734940652/

LP22
8th Dec 2015, 21:00
Hi all! First post here and would really appreciate your opinion about my situation.
So it's like this, I have finished my ATPL plus MCC around mid-2011, then basically 2 years trying to find something and no luck so I decided to get in Ryanair as a Cabin Crew, been doing it for 3 years now and I also applied for the First Officer position in August of 2014 and again this year around August when they changed the application system. I have never been called from an interview, I did all the steps in the CAE application, even sent the CV like they asked and eventually I got a call from Ryanair Personnal in Dublin telling me I would have to wait for an interview but this was more than 1 year ago... I have met people that were Cabin Crew between 4 up to 7 years until Ryanair gave them the chance for an interview!!! But really, I also heard many times they don't accept former Cabin Crews to become pilots for them. I have heard it all and unfortunately no one has helped me until now, not even sending them emails works and this job is killing me :ouch:
I have only 250h TT and very rarely do I fly outside the renewals every year and I didn't apply sooner because money was really tight but now since I work I can get a loan from my bank.
What do you people think my next move should be? Continue to wait hoping for the best? Try and choose another way? Because really, I don't know what I did wrong to not get any interview yet... I am freshly 26 btw (if it matters).
Sorry for the long post but tell me what you think, or even about situations similar to mine if you know of :sad:

mateusz
9th Dec 2015, 13:30
This app has all the Ryanair Tech Exam questions https://goo.gl/cLXFiW

irishflyer1
9th Dec 2015, 19:01
Hey guys, anybody here on the Type Rating course for AMS starting the 7th of March in EMA for the intro week ? :)

SRH
10th Dec 2015, 09:10
Hi everyone, first off, thank you all for all the good information you are sharing from your experiences with both TR, interviews and preparation for the interviews. I registered 8 days ago for a training request at CAE. My number is 3418. Anyone with a later number that has heard anything yet? I understand that the next stage is a e-mail requesting your CV.

All the best,

SRH

EmilianoD
10th Dec 2015, 23:10
Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank all the people who shared their experience on this forum. Has been a massive help throughout the past year.

I did my interview the 25th of November, and I got the positive feedback two days later.

I'm goin to start the type rating the 7th of March in AMS.

Anyone else?

Alew Crew
11th Dec 2015, 05:27
Guys,

I did miss the first call from CAE, but CAE left me a vocal message and she said " i will try to contact you again later " Immediately after i sent an email to adsive CAE i did miss the call (its the "procedure" in case of you miss a call).

Some guys had this type of situation before ?

thanks

I-AINC
11th Dec 2015, 10:15
Keep calm buddy, there are some pilots who have waited for 2/3 YEARS before getting called by Ryanair.

Took me 1 year and a half 5 years ago, so sit down, relax and enjoy your flight.

jprpcs
13th Dec 2015, 11:45
7th march in AMS as well !

updown
13th Dec 2015, 12:08
The tech quiz on previous pages are spot on.

Know these and you will be fine.

SRH
14th Dec 2015, 09:22
Thanks, good to know. My only concern is that I applied with my total hours written with decimals, and the recruitment-page automatically edited them down to a 10th of my actual hours. I went back two days later when I first saw it and corrected it. Does CAE see corrected profiles, or should I make a new request? SRH

Alew Crew
14th Dec 2015, 11:02
Guys,

Anyone the 07/01 for the assessment ? :)
Contact me in PM.

Regards guys,
Alex

Atomo
15th Dec 2015, 09:26
Hi everyone,

To the ones attending CAE1532 Type Rating course with intro week in EMA 21th of March, feel free to contact me to create a FB' Group

Cheers

Mo

Afterburners
15th Dec 2015, 12:43
Hi boys!
First post here and I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly anyway, I also got an email telling me to expect a call in 7 days. Been waitin for 2 weeks: nothing happened so I e-mailed 'em, then I received the same email francoalem(page 283) got, same day. Anyone in the same situation? Any news from then??

C ya!

Afterburners
16th Dec 2015, 09:23
I've no idea dude. Apparently nothing is wrong with the cv bc they already sent me the approval.. They also told me to expect the phone call in 7 days... After 2 weeks they emailed me again saying the application was not rejected but kept on file and that I will be advised when the situation changes(??). At the beginning I taught they were slowing down with the assessments but now I see they're still calling ppl.

echoromeo7
16th Dec 2015, 12:02
hello everyone!
those of you who recently had your interview or who have it coming up shortly, could you kindly share your application number (even approximate)?

It's something like TR00000xxx, mine is in the 1200ish range, signed up in early august.

I'm curious to see if there's any correlation, ie if they're calling people in chronological order or not.

Many thanks and best of luck everyone

V0LC0M
16th Dec 2015, 14:06
Do any of you guys have a file with the most important things we must to know about PA34? I would really appreciate it¡ It has been a long time without flying¡:sad:

Cheers and good luck¡¡:ok:

Seaneca13
16th Dec 2015, 15:15
Hi I'm on this course

Take-Off05
16th Dec 2015, 15:41
hello everyone

any good advices how to find a cheap room in Amsterdam during the type rating course?

thanks in advance.

Joseph86
17th Dec 2015, 09:28
Hi!! I m Joseph, and I have been assigned to CAE1532 FOR 21 MARCH.Is there any group on fb in order to talk and and know each other? many thanks , hope to see you soon, Joseph

Atomo
17th Dec 2015, 12:30
CAE 1532 course

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1725579724340950/

Lambert

aviamark
17th Dec 2015, 14:01
Hello guys,

anyone in CAE1533, taking off on 28.03.2016? If yes, feel free to join following fb group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/990870387653284/

=)

irishflyer1
17th Dec 2015, 14:08
Will I set up a Facebook page whoever is on this TR course ??

AutolandIT
17th Dec 2015, 15:35
I just finished my ground school in Amsterdam. I stayed in a house in Nieuw-Vennep (10mins to CAE by car or bus, bus stop is very close) that is available to rent. The house can accommodate up to 5 people, fully equipped, two showers and two toilets, 350sq. metres. Rent is very good and livin landlord is very nice. Finding a place to stay short term in the AMS area is not very easy, for me it took several weeks to sort that out.

Anyone who still doesn't have a place to stay and is interested, please PM me

irishflyer1
17th Dec 2015, 16:10
I just finished my ground school in Amsterdam. I stayed in a house in Nieuw-Vennep (10mins to CAE by car or bus, bus stop is very close) that is available to rent. The house can accommodate up to 5 people, fully equipped, two showers and two toilets, 350sq. metres. Rent is very good and livin landlord is very nice. Finding a place to stay short term in the AMS area is not very easy, for me it took several weeks to sort that out.

Anyone who still doesn't have a place to stay and is interested, please PM me

I'm new here and the site will not allow me to PM people. I would be intersected in that place for my type.

IndiaNovember
18th Dec 2015, 07:36
mee too :)

EmilianoD
18th Dec 2015, 08:34
Hi guys,

Whoever is in the course CAE1531 starting the 7th of March in AMS, feel free to join the group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749315718622937/

Marchisio
19th Dec 2015, 09:46
Hello guys

Can somebody please confirm that we ONLY have to send CV and answers to the question to the mail which requests CV?

Some time ago we also had to send atpl results, CPL, ME/IR pass rate and so on, this it not needed before telephone interview/assessment or??? Just want to make sure

Thanks and good luck to everybody

revat
19th Dec 2015, 10:35
Hello guys,

I've been chasing the Ryr assessment for about 5 years. Only this Feb got the "CV & questions" email... however the result was negative, not even the phone interview, just a blank email saying that I was unable to proceed. I have 29 years old / +-250hTT / 1st pass with >90% average / no incident / the "normal average" ... what's wrong with that?? Anyone in the same conditions?

Second question to the "audience" :) , I was asked to update the bases (July) and I'm on "TR-00000XX" between number 35 and 85, but to be honest I've to say my medicals were off limits by 1 month (valid until Nov) but now they are OK, and shows "Thank You! Your application has been successfully submitted", anyone got and invitation for more "CV's & questions" email?

Please feel free to PM. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

IndiaNovember
19th Dec 2015, 13:06
Hello everyone,
i'm looking for an house near hoofddorp in order to start my training with ryanair, anyone can share me contacts or website for an house?

Alew Crew
19th Dec 2015, 14:48
Hi,

Yes just CV and answers questions.

Good luck,
Alex

revat
19th Dec 2015, 16:48
Hiya

Anyone here that sent the CV&questions and didn't get a positive answer? I sent mine in Feb this year and for whatever reason (random I guess) I was not considered, despite the fact 29 years old, +- 250hTT, MCC, first pass >90% average... I found it very strange...I really think it's like a lottery being picked up. Even if you notice, "more or less a standard" like, you send the app then 2 weeks after first CV& questions and 7 days +- a call to assessment. What happen to those like me who waited >4years?

Best of luck for those that are blessed enough, :)

FL028
20th Dec 2015, 07:58
Does anyone know if it's possible to ask for another assessment date, than the one offered for you at phoneinterview?

mathjkt
21st Dec 2015, 05:14
Hi, I received an email on the 04/12 asking for my cv and questions to which i replied the same day and since then nothing at all. It's been 15 days. Not a call, not an email, positive or negative.... Is there anyone in the same situation?

ccrruuzz
21st Dec 2015, 11:47
Does anyone know if it's possible to ask for another assessment date, than the one offered for you at phoneinterview?

There were people asking for other dates but because they had working issues that they had to attend to and it was impossible to Go on the date they gave them. I would advise you to accept the date they give you because it may be the only One...

mywings
21st Dec 2015, 14:49
I got CV request at the end of NOV and till now no answer at all... I'm wondering to ask them what's going on ?

flyingmed
21st Dec 2015, 16:08
I would try and move whatever else you have going on in order to fit into the FR interview. Im sure they would give you a new date but might give a bad impression. With the amount of applications and cadets coming through unfortunately your just a number in a very long list of qualified cadets.

tEXz
21st Dec 2015, 16:31
Hey guys just a quick question, i applied 3 months ago and i was able to modify my pref base selection once, now looks like i can't modify it anymore. A friend of mine didn't modify nothing and also can't select other bases pref.
Did they change something?

escuer
23rd Dec 2015, 10:46
Hi guys, I had the questions and cv email the 4/12, th 16/12 send me another email saying they will call me in the next 14 days. Today I received the call and I have the assessment the 13 of january. Anybody will be there that day?

Wingover85
24th Dec 2015, 13:52
Hi guys,
I need an advise..my licenses are going to be issued within 2/3 weeks. I'm willing to apply in Ryanair today, but I'm afraid to make trouble.. Should I start the application or should I wait?

thank you

tEXz
25th Dec 2015, 11:57
You need to provide them your license number, anyway you can apply just with that, you'll need to provide them your original license only during the interview process.
Ciao!

Melquiades
27th Dec 2015, 13:57
Hello everyone! I got the CV + questions mail the 26/11 then the call email the 14/12 with the phone call on the 18th.
Now scheduled to the assessment on the 13th January in Dublin, it would be nice to meet the rest of the group, anyone else besides escuer?

Background:
29 y/o
330h
I applied around a year and a half ago via CAE website

LancerCA
28th Dec 2015, 11:33
Hey Mate, I am also going to be in Dublin Jan 13th!
Where are you from?

hayder
31st Dec 2015, 10:36
Hey, anyone from the 14th of january assessment in Dublin?

El-Piloto
31st Dec 2015, 12:57
Has anyone who applied via the CAE site before Christmas heard anything? I assume they are away over Christmas and new year. Any ideas when things might pick up again?

cooll
2nd Jan 2016, 15:21
Hey guys,
it is normal that at the end of the telephone interview, the interviewer only says that you will receive an email within the next few days? So without "Congratulations, you passed or you've failed."?

cygnet822
3rd Jan 2016, 12:46
That is normal. they should call back within 2 weeks

HuG83
4th Jan 2016, 12:12
Well guys, I was wondering if it is possible to re aply after not passing the telephone "interview"... I was asked if I had any repeats etc and to submit the licence with revalidated MEP and IR via email which I did. Then today I got the email saying "thanks but no thanks".

gefferzz
4th Jan 2016, 12:51
If you have been unsuccessful at a previous assessment and you re-apply and they ask "have you have been to an assessment before?" will they invite you again if you say "yes"?

Jakob130
5th Jan 2016, 08:56
"If you have been unsuccessful at a previous assessment and you re-apply and they ask "have you have been to an assessment before?" will they invite you again if you say "yes"?"

-Yes they can, had my 2nd assessment after 2 years and was success.

Good luck!

CAULDER
5th Jan 2016, 10:44
Anybody on FR1518?

Mrprop
5th Jan 2016, 11:37
Hi guys!

Going in the 15th january to the assesment! Someone going this days!?

l.p.
6th Jan 2016, 13:55
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is like a general idea of how much time it takes between applying at RYR (doing the registration on the cae website) and the start of the type rating?
And if so, do cae students have an advantage?

Thanks!

Grumbler
7th Jan 2016, 08:34
Hello guys

Can somebody tell me wheter RYR uses Navtech or Jeppesen plates for the sim?

marcoBCN
7th Jan 2016, 09:10
Hello guys

Can somebody tell me wheter RYR uses Navtech or Jeppesen plates for the sim?

Jeppesen!!!

cooll
7th Jan 2016, 09:17
hey,
did you have a new account created or did you use your old one?

counterclockwiseflow
7th Jan 2016, 09:55
Hello!

The most important thing on the assessement is HR part of the interview, prepare for that.
Don´t stay focus on Sim or technical questions

FWIflyer
7th Jan 2016, 17:25
Hello!

The most important thing on the assessement is HR part of the interview, prepare for that.
Don´t stay focus on Sim or technical questions

Sorry but, CRM during the sim is very important also !!!

rfklpa
7th Jan 2016, 19:45
Hello!

Is there anybody invited on the assesenemt day on 21st of Jan?

If yes, please contact me!

Best regards!

ccrruuzz
8th Jan 2016, 13:16
Hello guys. Here is the link of a very good sim in Lisboa that perfect for Ryanair assessment preparation.
Prices are cheap with hours packages that Go as low as 35 euros per hour. Also you can ask for an assessment package that includes a b737 Pilot to assist you.

http://www.b737sim.pt/

francoalem
9th Jan 2016, 21:35
Hiiiii everybody

Is there anyone invited on the assessment day on 19st of Jan?

homerj
10th Jan 2016, 22:31
Hi ,
Anyone who wants to do PM for a Ryanair sim prep session on Tuesday In Dublin private message me. It's at Weston Airport , directions to the sim on Simcheck | Boeing 737 simulator | Dublin (http://www.simcheck.net)
Homerj

Alew Crew
12th Jan 2016, 06:29
Hi guys,

Some feedback from the assessment

Apply via CAE : the 28/07/2015
Cv request : the 28/11/2015
Call from CAE : 11/12/2015 and get the date for the interview the 07/01
Assessement : 07/01, informations are the same as you can find on pprune, technical questions,sim ... Be yourself and be well prepared for the sim. The will make an overall judgment based on everything. they want to see "futur" captain ;)
11/01/2016 : Positive answer !
Start introduction course the 28 th of march.

Good lucks folks, feel free to send me PM for more precise informations.

Alex

pauleta150
12th Jan 2016, 09:46
Hi guys

Some info. about my ryr interview

10/09/15 : applied to ryr via CAE
26/11/15 : first answear from CAE (request for CV and couple questions)
06/12/15 : call from CAE (pepare your all licence, total time, employee history, atpl results etc.) - I've heard one guy some days ago didn't pass that part(I don't know why)
06/01/16 : assessment in Dublin

11/01/16 : positive answear, TR 4th april in AMS

Feel free to contact with me.

Jet01
12th Jan 2016, 11:23
Hello guys!!
I have applyed to CAE for the Ryanair assesment in July but no answer, do you guys know the age limit am 35.

Thank you

RunBoyRun
13th Jan 2016, 09:04
Do more than only preapre answear on questions from ppruneForgive me if I do exactly that this time, but which was your answer to the below? Isn't it related just to commercial ops?
your limitations as single pilot under IFR

pauleta150
13th Jan 2016, 11:00
as a single pilot (without approved for LVTO) you can not use LVTO procedure so RVR = 400m

RunBoyRun
13th Jan 2016, 11:46
as a single pilot (without approved for LVTO) you can not use LVTO procedure so RVR = 400m

I definitely thought it was way deeper than that! :ok:thanks!

FWIflyer
14th Jan 2016, 22:51
Hello guys!!
I have applyed to CAE for the Ryanair assesment in July but no answer, do you guys know the age limit am 35.

Thank you

My classmate is 35.

FlyVeryHigh-
15th Jan 2016, 08:42
Hi all. Apologies if this has already been answered before, but there's 288 pages to go through!

I'm just wondering if the majority of guys and girls getting jobs with RYR are from integrated courses run by the likes of OAA, FTE and CTC. Are there lots of you who have gone modular? If so, did you complete all your training at one school, and do RYR prefer specific schools to complete your modular training?

Cheers!

Alew Crew
15th Jan 2016, 10:14
Hi Flyveryhigh,

I'm from modular training, Poland, Bartolini air. Very good school, professionals, very nice atmosphere. Prices are really, really interesting.
For the assessment i can greatly recommand simcheck (In Dublin), price is much more lower than simtech ! .
The instructor is a Ryanair CPT line training and knows perfectly what you should expect for the sim during the assessment.

Hope it will help you ;)
Alex

FlyingElefant
15th Jan 2016, 10:42
Hey Guys,

anyone here invited for the assessment on the 29th of January in Dublin?

Kamyk23
15th Jan 2016, 10:55
Hi
I got invitation for an assesment on 21st.

Kamyk23
15th Jan 2016, 11:38
Hi
I got an invitation for assesment on 21st Jan. Is there anyone who also have an assesment that day?
If so, please contact me.

Jet01
15th Jan 2016, 13:21
Thank you for your answer!!

pauleta150
16th Jan 2016, 13:54
Anyone on Type Rating course 'CAE 1601' join facebook group.
Name of group CAE1601_TR_RYR

hayder
18th Jan 2016, 13:46
If anyone got the 18th April Type rating in Amsterdam, please join group "CAE1602-Ryanair" on facebook.

CAULDER
19th Jan 2016, 11:58
Anybody on FR1518?

speed_alive_rotate
19th Jan 2016, 13:49
Was wondering for all those successful through the Ryanair assessment does anyone know approx what the starting salary is for a new lour houred cadet. And is it true that you only start receiving a salary after your base training? So on average roughly from your type rating to being active on the line how long does it take prior to your first pay cheque? I know different bases may differ slightly in payments so just looking for an approx figure. And finally is the rating still Euro 28,500 ?
Be grateful for any information , and best of luck to all awaiting the call.
Regards, SAR

V0LC0M
19th Jan 2016, 16:47
Did any of you guys receive the positive assessment answer after a few days, when your colleagues already received the positive a couple of days after the interview?

Thanks!

speed_alive_rotate
19th Jan 2016, 17:32
I have now gotten 3 PMs from people all wanting the same information as I was asking about above, would it be wiser to post these questions in the "Terms and Endearment" section or could any recent cadets post a reply. Apologies , I hope I am not coming across as impatient I just hope I'm seeking my answers in the right section. Thanks again
Regards, SAR

Lokki
19th Jan 2016, 19:26
As per SPR notes, I'm also keen to find all the above!

I know Ryanair FO's read this.. Anyone of you?

FL028
20th Jan 2016, 08:57
Hello guys,

Just a quick question regarding references for the interview.

Does anybody know if it is okay that the academic reference is one of your previous flight instructors or does it have to be from one outside the aviation world?

hayder
20th Jan 2016, 10:44
It's ok to be an ex-instructor of yours.

hayder
20th Jan 2016, 12:39
If anyone got the 18th April Type rating in Amsterdam, please join group "CAE1602-Ryanair" on facebook. Or send me PM if you can't find it.

FL028
20th Jan 2016, 13:12
Thanks hayder. Do you know if it has to be a formal letter or just contact information to the reference?

jaimartini
20th Jan 2016, 13:17
If anyone got the 18th April Type rating in Amsterdam, please join group "CAE1602-Ryanair" on facebook.

Hi! I got the 18th April in Amsterdam, you have a private message cause I don't find the group on fb, cheers!

mywings
20th Jan 2016, 15:16
Does anybody know how to edit training request ? I've done it before, but for now in my account it's not possible, what about Yours? I also wondering what happened that after CV request (which I respond the same day) I did not have any contact, no confirmation, no thank You, we will pass it to RYR for approval etc, and also no info that I have to wait or I'm rejected... Andy idea ? Thanks!

tEXz
20th Jan 2016, 15:46
When did you get the CV request? I got mine on Tuesday the 12th, still waiting tho. I heard about ppl who had to wait one month or so to get an answer, we just need to be patient.

J_D
20th Jan 2016, 16:33
I got the CV request 12thJan as well, guess we are going to have to wait much more time. But hope for a quick response of course :D

hayder
20th Jan 2016, 16:38
Just have your instructor write what he thinks of you ( in a formal way ) and have him sign it with his contact information and his aviation qualifications (optional).

nbp12a
20th Jan 2016, 17:43
If anyone got the 18th April Type rating in Amsterdam, please join group "CAE1602-Ryanair" on facebook. Or send me PM if you can't find it.
Hey! I'm also in for the 18th in AMS. I cannot seem to find the FB group, and for some strange reason I cannot send you a PM. Could you try send me one with the FB link plz! Obrigado :cool:

mywings
20th Jan 2016, 17:45
When did you get the CV request? I got mine on Tuesday the 12th, still waiting tho. I heard about ppl who had to wait one month or so to get an answer, we just need to be patient.

Be patient, I'm waiting from 27th of NOV... don't know why...

hayder
20th Jan 2016, 21:40
Sent you a pm/email

epp654
21st Jan 2016, 05:10
Greetings from Greece.
I was informed yesterday to attend the Assessment on February 4th.
I 've sent the initial request at Late November of 2015 and the CV after a month upon request.

What is recommended to study?
I am waiting for the briefing pack in the coming days.

Any help is appreciated!

AvNavComm
21st Jan 2016, 10:47
Hi guys,

Here the link of the FB group of tr course in Ams CAE1532 starting at 21st march in ema for the intro week!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1725579724340950/

Enjoy

chris1311
21st Jan 2016, 12:11
Hi everybody out there!

I'm new in this forum, got here while preparing for the FR assessment after i received my CV request on 12/01/2016.

As many of you i got no answer for the time being.

epp654
21st Jan 2016, 14:53
Hello there.
My CV request was on 20/12 and upon sending it on 27/12 they replied back on 19/01.

Wish you luck (for me also :) )

escaldum
21st Jan 2016, 15:03
Hi you all!

I received the CV request the 12th as well, today they contacted me with all the information regarding the call; so be patient.

By the way, anybody could explain a bit of what this call consists on?

Cheers.

epp654
21st Jan 2016, 18:23
Well, I was called yesterday.
They asked my when I finished my training, if it was Interated, how many hours I have, If I have MCC, the expiration of IR, MEP, Medical and a few questions about the place I work now. Also how will i pay the typeratting training.

THen we arranged the dates of the assessment

Afterburners
21st Jan 2016, 19:38
Good evening gentlemen,

in early november 2015 they asked for my CV, about ten days after I get the mail that says: the cv has been approved we will call in the next 7 days. ten working days after I was still waitin' the call so I e-mailed 'em. in a few hours they responed telling me my application was not rejected but on file, meanwhile it was the end of nov. After that I didn't hear anything more for the whole month of Dec but at the beginning of Jan I got another mail in which they said this time they would have tried to call in 14 days... guess what... I'm still waiting! Honestly I do not understand why this is happening and all of it is becoming annoying.
Abybody in the same situation??

cheers

escaldum
21st Jan 2016, 20:32
Perfect, many thanks!

epp654
22nd Jan 2016, 05:32
@Afterburners: They called me and I replied at once. It's more or less 10' phonecall.

To anyone else: Any tips or help or just information is welcomed!

Cmd.Nuno
22nd Jan 2016, 14:33
Hey guys,

I already sent my cv, so now I'm just waiting for a reply, I'd like to know if they will send an email first saying something before call me or they can call me straight. My cv has a british number without prefix and with a 0 before the number (for example 0794xxxxxx), but when you call from abroad you need to remove that 0 and dial +44 794xxxx, so I was thinking if they send me an email, I could reply with the right number. I don't want to send other e-mail with my number correct because I already sent 2 e-mails because my MEP/IR dates were not correct.

Thanks!

Best,
Nuno

Antonyx
23rd Jan 2016, 02:00
epp654, is your assessment going to be in Dublin or East Midlands?

epp654
23rd Jan 2016, 12:00
Nuno, they send an email saying that they received Ryanair's approv so they will contact you in the next 2 weeks

I had an error with my IR sum (2 hours less than the actual) but when I get there I ll have the updated hours

@antonyx: Dublin it is

Grumbler
24th Jan 2016, 13:32
Hey guys,

Can somebody tell me what the PFD/ND layout is like in the Sim assessment?

I know it has been like a Classic, but lately people saying the sim is configured like a NG? And the ND with a full compass rose? Can somebody confirm this is correct?

hayder
24th Jan 2016, 13:55
It depends on the location, if it is in Dublin it will be a compass rose. It is all explained on the briefing pack don't worry.

epp654
24th Jan 2016, 14:06
I send an email to CAE and they told me that they don't know when the briefing pack is about to be released for me...

Anyone for the Dublin's Assessment on February 4th here?

epp654
24th Jan 2016, 15:18
One more last question:

The assessment email says:

"PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING ALL THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO YOU WILL NOT BE ASSESSED AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED. ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE IN ENGLISH!"

One of them is "Application Form".

What is the Application Form and where can I find it?

Edit: I contacted CAE. This application is sent and is included in the briefing package.

CAULDER
25th Jan 2016, 09:49
Hi,

I'm still looking to get in touch with anyone on the 7th March type rating course at EMA.

C

sedowan
25th Jan 2016, 10:23
hi epp654,

It seems like you asking about he document named "PILOT ASSESSMENT APPLICATION P-ASSESS APP REV 2.0 AUG 2015.pdf" or something. This was the only "new" handwritten document I had to bring to the assessment.

Hope that will help.

BTW: I also know a case for not passing the telephone interview. It seems like it was because he had 5 fails during the atpl exams.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Cheers sedowan

Lokki
25th Jan 2016, 12:05
Another question..

Has anyone used Simtech or Simcheck and then gone on to not be successful at the sim aspect of the recruitment or any other part of it?

marcoBCN
25th Jan 2016, 13:27
@epp654 they will send you both the application form and the briefing pack one week prior your interview!

ccrruuzz
25th Jan 2016, 16:37
CAULDER theres a group on facebook. We are 8 already there. Search for FR1518 EMA

epp654
25th Jan 2016, 18:46
Yeah, CAE contacted me and informed me.

Is it true that the briefing package is delivered the last weekend before the assessment?

Has anyone idea if the plates on the sim are Jeppesen's or other type?

Nobody for 4th of Feb Assessment?

hayder
25th Jan 2016, 20:12

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554177104898545/

ccrruuzz
25th Jan 2016, 20:13
For me the briefing pack was sent on a friday with the assessment on the following tuesday. Plates are jeppesen

chris1311
25th Jan 2016, 20:38
Hey there!

i sent my CV 13 days ago and still heard nothing since then...

anybody out there who experienced the same?

flaps35
25th Jan 2016, 21:17
Hi guys,

Did all of you applied via CAE for Ryan?
is there age limit for the program?

Thanks in advance

zen krempie
26th Jan 2016, 07:42
Hi!
I had a CV request 2 weeks ago.
I sent it the next day, still waiting

billyballo
26th Jan 2016, 09:14
hi

anyone on feb 2 in Dublin ??

CAULDER
26th Jan 2016, 09:27
CAULDER theres a group on facebook. We are 8 already there. Search for FR1518 EMA

Hi, I can't find this group, i think it might be set to private rather than closed, can you PM me a link?

C

epp654
26th Jan 2016, 09:42
Billyballo did you get the briefing package?
I am on 4th

escaldum
26th Jan 2016, 10:27
Hi You all,

Anybody in Dublin next friday for the interview?

Cheers.

LancerCA
26th Jan 2016, 11:36
Hey guys, anybody starting the TR-Course at April 4th in AMS named CAE1601: we have a group on FB, feel free to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1079988818698681/

Or search for: CAE1601-Ryanair

ccrruuzz
26th Jan 2016, 12:24
FR1518 EMA 7th March
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646155575646524/

epp654
26th Jan 2016, 12:26
@ccrruuzz
When was your assessment?
Do you know how many of you passed it?
How long you were on the pool until the day of the TR start ?

epp654
26th Jan 2016, 13:39
My apologies for posting again...

Can anyone please post a list with all the airports and procedures that have been asked in the last assessments?
(I think I dont have time....)
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Lukasek
26th Jan 2016, 15:01
Hi guys,
I got this anwser from CAE, "The airline advised us that at this point your application is not rejected but will be kept on file until further notice." Does any of you got same anwser? Anybody got called after this? I just wonder if its a nice way of saying "no thanks", or they will realy consider my application in future.

mateusz
26th Jan 2016, 19:43
Here are all the questions in the technical exam ;) https://goo.gl/cLXFiW

lukaspilot
27th Jan 2016, 07:34
Hey guys , just want to share you a quick update got yesterday the famous telephone call . Questions were the same as mentioned several times in this thread. Going to Dublin The ninth of February.
Anyone at that date ?
Fingers crossed!

epp654
27th Jan 2016, 08:08
The email says:
"You must please bring 2 of the following references on the day of the assessment:
• A written employment reference
• Academic reference"

Can someone confirm, they need 2 references from past employers and 2 academic or they need one from each category?

Pirrex
27th Jan 2016, 08:57
I'll start off by shooting down a few rumours which have been going on here since the start of this thread in 2005:

1. They don't hire Irish pilots. - Yes they do.
2. They don't hire cadets above 30. -Yes they do
3. They don't take second time applicants. -Yes they do.

I have friends who fall into categories 1 and 2. Myself I was in DUB last week, good news a few days later. I was unsuccessful in 2013.

FR1601 4.4.2016 in EMA. There's a group on facebook for those of us on the same TR course.

MIG15
27th Jan 2016, 09:16
Hello everyone,anyone for the screening on Friday 12.02 in Dublin?
Good luck to all of you guys!:ok:

billyballo
27th Jan 2016, 10:58
epp654 yes i received the briefing pack today and surprise the assesment is not at simtech but in the ryan maintenaince facility Hangar 2

billyballo
27th Jan 2016, 11:06
Aviatoma i cant pm you , you must allow pm in the settings

epp654
27th Jan 2016, 12:34
Billyballo thats true. I did receive the same invitation.
Please PM me with your email or sth. I cant contact u

chris1311
27th Jan 2016, 17:56
By the way, concerning "written reference from former employer and academic [...]"

What if the refernence letter and my shool diploma is in german not in english?

anybody experience with that?

regards

estebanMD100
27th Jan 2016, 18:21
hi guys!! anybody in Dublin at 10th feb assesment??

epp654
28th Jan 2016, 04:48
billyballo, your email seems it is not working.
I cant pm you either.

crosswindapproach
28th Jan 2016, 07:07
I'll be there, too. Can't send you PM.

lukaspilot
28th Jan 2016, 08:38
Hi chris1311,

You need to obtain English certificate and reference, therefore you have to translate them with authority that does that.
Hope it helps
Cheers

billyballo
28th Jan 2016, 10:38
aviatoma check the email :ok:

epp654
28th Jan 2016, 11:42
Anyone for Feb 04th?
Has anyone a list the airports and the procedures that are been assessed?

Mar91
28th Jan 2016, 11:52
Hi guys,
I got a cv request on 12 jan, i sent my cv on 14. I'm still waiting from 14 days, is that normal? Maybe they lose my cv?

Melquiades
28th Jan 2016, 13:14
Regarding the documents translation (diplomas for ex) I got a translation from a professional translator and it worked just fine, in my case it was from French to English. So it seems you don't necessarily have to do a legalized/certified/official copy.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

estebanMD100
28th Jan 2016, 13:21
I'll be there, too. Can't send you PM.
Do you refer to me? I cant send it too, I dont know why!

epp654
28th Jan 2016, 14:44
Do they need to be printed in color?
If the reference is sent to me via fax, am I ok if I print it in black and white?

tomnamibia
28th Jan 2016, 17:34
Hi everybody,
How long after your application did you get the first email asking for your cv?
Thank you very much

estebanMD100
28th Jan 2016, 18:48
Hi everybody,
How long after your application did you get the first email asking for your cv?
Thank you very much
In my case 2 months. Be patience!! They Will contact you!

J_D
29th Jan 2016, 12:58
Hi guys, I just got invited to 10th FEB assessment in DUB, anyone in?

BTW, phone call was about question of my training, information what documents I am going to need to bring, some other basic info and quick&easy english proficiency check.

Then she told me I passed and offered me this assessment date.

chris1311
29th Jan 2016, 16:03
Hey there!

Got the call today, quick and easy, keep all your exp. dates ready and your logged times.

Got the 9th in Dublin! Anybody out there who got the 9th as well and would like to prepare together with me in DUB at Simrent (we could share the costs for the sim)

Please PM or reply

Mar91
29th Jan 2016, 16:52
Guys,
Is normal that I sent the cv back on 16 of jan and since this moment nothing happen? Is normal? After how much time you got the mail regarding the phone call?

Cmd.Nuno
29th Jan 2016, 20:49
In my case I received an email asking for my cv after one month I registered in CAE website, so it was pretty fast comparing with others. I replied to the e-mail on the 18th of January and until now nothing. I know that some people sent the CV and after a few days they got a call so I don't think there is a specific rule, some they take longer, others they take less time. The only thing we can do now it's study. We all want the same, try to be optimistic, the call will come :)

Good luck!

V0LC0M
29th Jan 2016, 22:05
Do you guys know if you can re-apply after having failed the first assessment? I mean, since they have changed the data base in August 2015.
Currently, you can not create a new account because your information is already in the system. You just can update it.
However, i dont know if they will take into account this application in the future anymore.
???????

cygnet822
31st Jan 2016, 03:24
Can you send me a link to that face book group please?

J_D
31st Jan 2016, 08:06
hey guys, I am solving a problem with payment of my fee. The payment was authorized - however the page with confirmation did not appear due to any server error. So i was not provided with the receipt or a transaction code. I send this to the lady from CAE and hope she can help me. Any advise?

hayder
31st Jan 2016, 23:52
Can you send me a link to that face book group please?

What group?

Klw737
1st Feb 2016, 12:37
Anyone has the assessment on the 12 of Feb?

Another question, we have to take 2 written employment reference And 2 academic reference? Or only once of each?

By the way, the phone call is not difficult.. Only some Q's about flying hours, flight school And some q's of my CV.

Hope it helps.

Melquiades
1st Feb 2016, 13:01
Regarding the references it is only one of each, it will be stated in the package they send you around a week before the assessment.

And regarding the phone call it seems that besides confirming all the info submitted to them previously (CPL, IRME, MCC, medical dates, flying hours...) it is also a quick english level assessment conversation as some people seem to have more questions asked than others.

Anyway nothing to stress about, just have your info ready at hand as the call can come anytime :)

Cheers,

dario.monai
2nd Feb 2016, 09:09
hi everybody! this is my first post here and I am sorry to bring up again this question but really I can't sleep at night because of it :ugh:.

I applied 19/10/2015 for Ryanair in CAE webpage, section Ryanair, and I was assigned the application number 2590.

Reading this thread seems to be no correlation between this number, the date of your application and the time they will, if ever, contact you. However I cannot believe that the HR department of such a big airline is calling applicants randomly (they could as well just call us by date of application, but this is not the case since reading earlier posts people who applied later than me has already been invited for the interview).

So I kept thinking that they assign the application number following a weighted criterion based on your age, the number of flight hours and the type ratings already held (as index of professional experience that one could already have built since it is usually obtained for professional purposes only), being these the only relevant infos they are interested in at this stage.

This, according to my thinking, would be a way to follow a statistical model they built over the years observing the passing rates of their assessments (and/or time to finish their type rating course) by people from different backgrounds, prioritising those profiles that guarantee a higher passing rate.

I will try to make this reasoning clearer with an example:

- a pilot not older than 25 and with low hours (200hrs) and no TR would be put at the top of the list (identified statistically as high "efficiency" profile)

- a pilot older than 25 but with higher flight experience (500-1000hrs, e.g. Flight Instructor, etc.) and maybe also a TR still would be put in a medium-high ranking (identified statistically as high "efficiency" profile)

- a pilot older than 25 with low hours (200 hrs) and no type rating would be pushed at the bottom of this ranking by those two categories of pilots described above (identified statistically as low "efficiency" profile)

Of course once they call you and see your CV they could refine their research in a similar manner looking at your educational and professional background (University degrees, previous professional flight experience) and for these reason some people may have been contacted for CV quite quickly but than never contacted again.

Now, does anybody have any evidence to disproof my theory? If so, am I right saying that the only thing that one can do is to regularly check into my account to let them know that I am still interested in a job opportunity with them and update my info?

I really hope that I am wrong cause it would be quite frustrating to not be given not even the chance to show them my CV!! :)

Thanks to anybody will respond to this.

AUPCMM
2nd Feb 2016, 10:55
Hello Dario, we are neighbour in Italy ;), I can share my personal experience.
I have applied to Ryanar via CAE on the 15th of Sept 2015, I had a similar application number, something around 2050 and I received the CV e-mail on the 12th of Jan but I replied on the 21st because I didn't have an actual flight hour in the previous six months.
Today, I'm still waiting for the call e-mail, I hope it will come soon.
According to your reasoning, I should be a "low efficiency" candidate. I have 260 hrs, 27 yrs old and no TR.
No way to understand which criteria they are using, I can just suggest you as already done by the others, to update your application and have patience.

Good luck to all of you!

andrex80
2nd Feb 2016, 14:21
Hi guys,

just got confirmed on the 11th of Feb assessment.
Anyone?

Cheers,
a

zen krempie
2nd Feb 2016, 15:01
Hi!
I had the call but the polite lady told me to wait for an email. She din't tell if I passed or not.
On what I have read at this thread the tell you congratulations if you have passed and I am a little bid woried:uhoh:

ccrruuzz
2nd Feb 2016, 18:16
Im 32 450 hours and got called after 5 years waiting. Theres no way to understand how they choose people thats why people say when you get the email for the CV you won the lottery ...

Cmd.Nuno
2nd Feb 2016, 19:22
Dario.Monai,

No one can tell you how they choose people except CAE, there is no formula and what people tell you, they are not sure, they just think it's like "....". I'm 30 years old, I have around 290/300hrs, no JOC, no TR, never worked in anything related with aviation, no high school, I applied in November and in December I received an e-mail asking for my CV. I replied them after one month because I didn't have my licence ready yet. Now I just received an e-mail saying that they will call me.

Good luck!

FWIflyer
2nd Feb 2016, 20:38
Dario, you can sleep now ! I've been in Amsterdam few weeks ago and I met this lovely girl who selects your profile from the database and I can tell you that there's no logic ! It's just lottery, that's all !!!

Do not try to understand why someone is selected and not someone else. You can wait for 1 day, 1 week, 1 year or 10 years. A friend of mine waited for 10 years, another one for 3 and me just 6 days but why ??? Lottery !

For now, the requirements are frozen ATPL and EU passport for cadets. That's may be why they are currently hiring people with 3000+ hours / 30+ y/o also.

So I think you can sleep :-)

finswe
3rd Feb 2016, 08:19
Got an email from CAE stating that my application is not rejected but will be kept on file until further notice. They will contact me when the situation changes. Anyone else in the same situation? I was just wondering for how long we have to wait.

JohanP
3rd Feb 2016, 14:04
Got that email 27/11/2015. No news since...

finswe
3rd Feb 2016, 14:44
Ok JohanP. Thank you for update.

tEXz
3rd Feb 2016, 18:04
Hi guys anyone invited to the assesment 16th February in Dublin at Hangar 2? Feel free to pm me.

Cmd.Nuno
3rd Feb 2016, 19:19
Hey guys!

Can you tell me how long did it take to receive the call interview after you receive the e-mail saying that they will call in the next 14 days...etc etc? I received the email yesterday but today I didn't have network and no voicemail active :/ just hope they didn't call me exactly today :D

Thanks!

LlamaFarmer
3rd Feb 2016, 22:32
Hey guys!

Can you tell me how long did it take to receive the call interview after you receive the e-mail saying that they will call in the next 14 days...etc etc? I received the email yesterday but today I didn't have network and no voicemail active :/ just hope they didn't call me exactly today :D

Thanks!

I would suggest you set up a voicemail...

If I was a RYR pilot recruiter and I went to call someone and couldn't get through or leave a message I'd only try once more later that day and maybe once again the next day. If I still couldn't get through I'd file their application in the B-1-N and move onto the next guy or gal.

zen krempie
4th Feb 2016, 05:03
Good luck ccruuzz!
Did she give you a date for the assessement?
I got called but she told me to wait for an email

SRH
4th Feb 2016, 08:08
Hi,

I received this mail from CAE today:

"Dear Applicant,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in the CAE B737NG Type-Rating Program, for which your application is currently being considered.

We currently receive a high volume of candidates for our Type Rating Program and unfortunately we cannot offer a place to every candidate who applies to the course. With this in mind we would like to take this opportunity to highlight a unique opportunity that could fast track your career as a pilot that is currently available at Ryanair’s Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.

Ryanair is offering two Graduate Placements for cadets who are about to embark on their career as a pilot. This is a unique opportunity for two exceptional candidates to gain invaluable experience in understanding the operation of Ryanair’s Flight Operations and Technical Services departments and its development during a period of immense growth.

This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your pilot career and gain invaluable experience.

A full job specification is attached.

To register your interest, please apply to Ryanair directly via the following link; https://ryanair.workable.com/j/2623F8BC1B

Best Regards

CAE

Did anyone else get the same email? Does that mean I am no longer considered for a position on their TR-course, or is it just an offer while I wait?

thanks, SRH

Mar91
4th Feb 2016, 09:32
Hey guys,

I got the phone call Yesterday, she asked me many things regarding the licence and etc. Than she read a story about a non routine situation and i gave to her some advice and etc.
Now the question is why she didn't gave to me the date for my interview?

ddreamer
4th Feb 2016, 12:39
I received this e-mail also, I wonder what they mean by "12 months cadet programme".
I guess it's another way to take advantage on pilots in need...

RWY37
4th Feb 2016, 13:41
Are we supposed to receive any other email than the "Welcome to MyCAE Training Portal"? This is the only email I have, and when i press the "get started" link, I just get the message "you have already applied for this program"
Are we supposed to get a confirmation mail after we have submited the application?

zen krempie
4th Feb 2016, 16:10
No, there is no confirmation mail.
Just wait for cae mail asking for your cv

LlamaFarmer
4th Feb 2016, 18:16
I guess it's another way to take advantage on pilots in need...

I see a lot of benefit to the cadet who gets this job as well...

You learn a hell of a lot in a ground role that you wouldn't going straight to the flight deck.

I know from my few years working in Ground Ops, Flight Ops and Ops Control that there is a lot of important (commercial/operational) stuff I know and understand that pilots 20-30 years into their careers do not. That only makes me a better all round pilot able to take the holistic view when considering things.

zen krempie
5th Feb 2016, 03:50
The same here.
I hope that is their new policy

Flyhigh1993
5th Feb 2016, 06:46
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the assessment on the 17.02 in Dublin?

Feel free to PM me

dario.monai
7th Feb 2016, 08:22
Hello,

has anybody applied for the cadet graduate program? Do you have any info about this?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Max09
7th Feb 2016, 17:16
Anyone here for the assessment on Thursday (FEB 11th)?

Feel free to pm

Max

FlyingElefant
9th Feb 2016, 13:26
HI!

anyone here going to be on TR course FR1603 (April 18th) in EMA? feel free to pm me!

escaldum
9th Feb 2016, 14:42
Hello you all,

Anybody in Amsterdam for the CAE 1533?

By the way, the new location at the hangar is temporary, in three months they will move again to the Headquarters near the Airport.

The sim is brand new, like a real cockpit but fixed based.

Good luck y'all.

patelv6
10th Feb 2016, 08:13
Hi SRH

I received th same email a few days ago and applied to the the CAE type course in September. I really think it's generic and is being sent to most people but don't have much feedback.

When did you apply and what is your flying background like?

Patelv

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 16:25
Does anyone have feedback about the TR in AMS?
I am wondering about the cost of living there and in General if the course has the same quality as the EMA's one.

Looking forward for your reply...

FWIflyer
10th Feb 2016, 16:50
AMS is the best place for training. Sometimes you will need to shut down your brain because you have a lot of things to learn and for that reason I can say that your training location is important. Amsterdam is not so expensive, you have good facilities at CAE to study and around to relax.

The training is the same. The difference is only for the sim. In EMA, you do your sim sessions on FFS without motion for the first 10 sessions. In AMS, you have 10 FixedBaseSim then after the FFS.

EMA is really depressing !!!

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 16:54
Really many thanks for THAT quick reply.

Can you explain once again the Sim sequence?
In EAM is first static and then Full motion and in AMS is the reverse?

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 17:03
Assessment date: First week of February in Dublin.

Extensive briefing for an hour or so.
Then we assigned the partners for the Sim.
They gave us the plates to brief them (Dublin Rwy28 (LiFFY2A RNAV-SID but on conventional IR) T/O and ILS for landing)

Personal interview:
- Tell us about yourself
- Why Ryan?
- Have you applied elsewhere?
- What can you offer if we hire you?

Tech:
- Explain the A320 and B738 differences
- What is Fly by wire
- Advantages of FBW
- Where do jet engines are most efficient
- Why?
- What are the characteristics for high altitude and speed flight?
- What is Mach Tuck

Ryan:
- How many planes does Ryan has
- Select 3 desired bases

That was pretty much

In the Sim i was first the PF. The assessor was helpful. After leveling of we did some exercises (climbs and descends, 30 and 45 degree turns). One QDM/QDR interception and the vectors for the approach.
I was within one-dot in GS and LOC and landing.

When i Was PM the normal stuff and callouts.
You need to have Sit. Awareness all the time.

Three days later i was informed that I passed. Good luck to you all.

Cmd.Nuno
10th Feb 2016, 17:10
Epp654,

I believe you were flying an a320 before, right?

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 17:12
Nope.
210hrs on props

Just happened to ask

speed_alive_rotate
10th Feb 2016, 17:18
That is a strange one asking about the A320 and FBW , well done for being able to answer it epp654! Not a question one would expect at an airline with all 737s

Cmd.Nuno
10th Feb 2016, 17:22
speed_alive_rotate,

I thought the same, I wouldn't know how to answer that quite well...

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 17:51
I am about to decide tomorrow.
Any info is welcomed!

escaldum
10th Feb 2016, 17:55
Hi Nuno!

As by what I heard, AMS is much better, by the way I'll do it there, and a friend that is doing the TR now sent some pictures of CAE and seems to be awesome.

Hope it helps you.

Regards, escaldum.

epp654
10th Feb 2016, 18:09
check ur mail

FWIflyer
10th Feb 2016, 18:12
In AMS you start with 10 Fixed Base Sim at Schiphol and then 10 for Full Motion at CAE. In EMA you do it in the same box but 10 sessions without motion and with.

Jwscud
11th Feb 2016, 09:15
I would strongly recommend anyone with the choice to do their type rating in EMA.

RadioStar737
11th Feb 2016, 12:25
hey guys, would any of you be able to give me some info on what type of questions will be asked in the phone call, i was told in an email to expect the call within the next two weeks. any info will be great thanks

appfo09
11th Feb 2016, 13:37
Guys i have to find clues to solve the mystery why CAE and Ryanair keeps ignoring me for the last century ...;-)

Which bases did you select on the application form online ?

Please let me know..Thanks !

Aviatoma
11th Feb 2016, 13:48
Hello guys,

I'm creating a group on Facebook for Ryanair TR starting at EMA the 18/April/2016.

The name will be FR1603 EMA RYR

ccrruuzz
11th Feb 2016, 15:52
Guys i have to find clues to solve the mystery why CAE and Ryanair keeps ignoring me for the last century ...;-)

Which bases did you select on the application form online ?

Please let me know..Thanks !

Appfo09 there are no clues . if you read back theres no logic in the way they Call people. Its a lottery. I waited 6 years without being called and just got called after the database was wiped in July.

epp654
11th Feb 2016, 16:02
Does anyone know the proccess upon selection of EAM or AMS?

They call you the next day?
You pay directly to CAE (in case of AMS selection)?
How can you pay and when?
They inform you about creating a company in Ireland or something like that before?

Thanks in advance

FWIflyer
11th Feb 2016, 18:07
You will receive an email to inform you about your training location.

CAE will contact you 2 months before your intro week. You'll receive your contract and you'll have to pay directly to CAE.

Bank transfer, max 3 weeks before the intro week.

Don't worry, you have a lot of things to do before your training (setting up your company, company ID application, references to provide, accountant...)

epp654
11th Feb 2016, 18:25
Wow... thanks a lot.

I have to travel abroad or "they" arrange everything for me? (McGinley Aviation)

Is there any chance to contact me via email for more info?

marcoBCN
11th Feb 2016, 18:42
Wow... thanks a lot.

I have to travel abroad or "they" arrange everything for me? (McGinley Aviation)

Is there any chance to contact me via email for more info?

You will be doing everything by email or post, no travels needed!

Be patience, they will provide you all the information you need!

epp654
11th Feb 2016, 18:52
Thats cool... I am more relaxed now but....

Do you know if they provide any enrollment certificate? There is a chance I might need this for the bank transfer

FWIflyer
11th Feb 2016, 20:54
Relax man, you'll get your training contract and your Storm contract soon.

jotammelo
12th Feb 2016, 10:28
Hi guys

I applied for ryanair in August with a training request number lower than 400 and until now... nothing. I am a 28 years old pilot with turboprop experience and 500 hours. But since the first days of January I can't change\switch the bases that they ask. I was trying to contact them
through the [email protected] asking if there is anything wrong with my application, but I don't get any answer.
So, anyone knows if that is normal and what it means (if it means something..)?

Best luck to all of you!

Aviator0815
12th Feb 2016, 10:33
Anyone invited for the 25th of Feb in Dublin? :)

Do I really need to get my A-Level certificate from secondary school translated into english for the assessment?

Pirrex
12th Feb 2016, 11:29
Anyone invited for the 25th of Feb in Dublin? :)

Do I really need to get my A-Level certificate from secondary school translated into english for the assessment?

Don't bother. I didn't do it and they didn't care about it, and still got the job.

epp654
12th Feb 2016, 14:50
Informed for CAE 1604 in AMS.

9/5 in EMA for 5 days of initial training
then 1 day in Stansted
and at 30/5 in AMS.

Looking forward for info about how and where to stay for 5 days in EMA and then accommodation in AMS

PC17
12th Feb 2016, 15:09
Hi SRH,
I received the same email, and I apply in early January of this year.
I think we are still considered for the Type but this was just another offer since they have to much demand.
Or maybe we applied too late, my TR number is above 3900.
Did you get any new information regarding your situation?
Thanks,
Cheers,

PC17.

Cygnet891
12th Feb 2016, 16:19
Hi guys,

Are you having problems to pay the assemsment fee coz I've already tried with 3 different credit cards and always CVV error or payment declined :confused:

P.S. Anyone going on the 24th of Feb? Feel free to pm me

AUPCMM
12th Feb 2016, 16:58
Hi Cygnet,

I had the same error message with my Mastercard. At the end I solved the problem with a VISA Pre-paid. It was really frustrating!

Hope you can solve it!

Good luck for the assessment!

epp654
12th Feb 2016, 19:44
Swarm thanks a lot... I also have some questions:

i. Do you know what time do they finish in EMA on the last day there?

ii. Are you aware of any means of transportation from EMA to STN?

iii. Since I ve booked -already- the return flight at 21.40 from LHR, do you know what time do they finish also from STN on the last day?

iv. Is it possible or to leave a bit early or at least to catch the flight or I did a stupid booking? :(
Ps. I check a national express route from STN to LHR:
Departure: 17:40
Arrival on LHR Terminal 5: 19:45
Duration: 2h 5m

Cost is 27 pounds. Does it worth it?

Thanks in advance

CASA212
12th Feb 2016, 19:59
Hi!!!
I have read your message. I will be in Dublín the 24th.
Soy de Sevilla. Tú eres de Barcelona???

crosswindapproach
12th Feb 2016, 21:51
Anyone else here on FR1602, 11.04. EMA?

epp654
13th Feb 2016, 11:48
For CAE 1604 in Amsterdam (9.5 in EMA and 30.5 in AMS): Join Here in FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAE1604/)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAE1604/

RadioStar737
13th Feb 2016, 18:59
Anybody have info on the new sim in hanger 2 dublin airport, also if you have done an assessment there what type of tech and hr questions were you asked, thanks for the help

Aviatoma
13th Feb 2016, 20:40
Hello guys,

to all of you coming at East Midland for the Ryanair Type Rating starting the 18th of April please join this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/940524699358570/

The name is FR1603 EMA RYR

UAV689
14th Feb 2016, 11:06
http://youtu.be/PaOe_LVEF6M

http://youtu.be/KeCP338AOKM

http://youtu.be/vlmI10qjRds

Enjoy!

epp654
14th Feb 2016, 12:39
RadioStar737: http://www.pprune.org/9265631-post5865.html
Just in the previous page

FL028
14th Feb 2016, 15:42
Hello guys

Just some quick questions

They state the price is 29,500€ + vat?
Can someone tell me what it is the total? :)

I can choose between some Type Rating courses in April or May, problem is my ME/IR will expire in April. Does it need to be current before starting TR course or are CAE/Ryanair okay with it has expired as it will be automatically renewed in the type rating?

Best regards

epp654
14th Feb 2016, 16:12
If i was you i would wait for the info that CAE is about to send you and I d say them the issue.

Does anyone know the sequence of the paperwork etc upon receiving the CAE's info?

I am for CAE 1604 (there is a group on fb in case someone is enrolled to that course)

UAV689
14th Feb 2016, 22:08
Course price is 29500. No vat if you get the sham irish ltd companies setup before you start. A valid meir i believe is required on the start date of your tr, but it can expire before your tr finishes. (I think)

Reveal1
14th Feb 2016, 22:46
to start a TR Course you need your MEIR to be valid!

epp654
15th Feb 2016, 05:06
I'd feel more comfortable to have a valid ME/IR until the TR finishes though...

Does anyone knows the proccess of the setup of the Irish LTD?

15th Feb 2016, 05:51
I received an invitation for the 25th. The Location is Hangar 2, anybody been there before? My Mates all were assessed at simtech.