PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Guillaume60
17th Sep 2016, 20:37
How long did you guys wait till you got the phone interview?

I made my application last Thursday, still waiting :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
I'm every time smiling when I read : " I have been waiting for 2 weeks, how is it possible, it's too long ! "
For you information, I had to wait four and a half years before being contacted and a guy with me during the interview had to wait 8 years
So just keep calm, stay relax and have a beer
Cheers

DALTA
18th Sep 2016, 10:46
Hello guys !

I just created a Facebook group CAE FR1624, feel free to rejoin. Introduction week in EMA 28/11 and TR 12/12 in AMS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/343580536033013/

Lokki
18th Sep 2016, 12:18
Anyone here from the UK recently applied for the cadet program and received an interview etc?

moseka
18th Sep 2016, 18:20
Hey folks, here is the link to FB group for people that are scheduled for CAE 1625 in AMS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1770682096509925/

ShyTallKnight
22nd Sep 2016, 03:52
Anyone here from the UK recently applied for the cadet program and received an interview etc?
5 UK guys I know of haven't heard anything. All waiting between 6 - 9 months so far.

spaflyer
22nd Sep 2016, 07:47
Applied from Ireland with UK license, but didn't bother to call, guy who did all training in the same place where I did, and with worse scores on ATPL, and not even a university degree or any other languages than Spanish and English got the call but I didn't (he is 24 and I'm 33), but he lives now in Spain and I live in Ireland :(

horn23
23rd Sep 2016, 10:10
Hi Everyone,

I have few questions. If got email saying they will call me within 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything from them almost 2 weeks, should I contact them or not?
During the assessment, when you got emergency did you hand over controls to your PM or not?
How much did you help for your buddy when he was flying? if you see that its not going well, how much can you help so you don't fail yourself.

zubairways
23rd Sep 2016, 10:42
5 UK guys I know of haven't heard anything. All waiting between 6 - 9 months so far.

6 UK guys, Am from the UK too nothing from RYR at all. This threads gone quiet, am thinking they may already have everyone they need for the current period.

spaflyer
23rd Sep 2016, 10:44
They still calling people, but no idea how CAE choose them, if based on Nationality or what...

ironwings2014
23rd Sep 2016, 14:35
Hi guys,

got the phone interview few hours ago with assessment on 6th October! anyone attending the same date?
Phone interview:Just same stuff asked to other people ( CPL-MEIR exam pass., medical exp. date etc.), and I was read a short text twice and 4 simple questions.
Looking forward to share with you-all my assessment experience!
I have just a question for people in the same position of mine: where did you guys get the application form document? (mandatory for the assess day)

Good look to everyone!!

iw14

AnthoX91
23rd Sep 2016, 15:52
Hi guys,

got the phone interview few hours ago with assessment on 6th October! anyone attending the same date?
Phone interview:Just same stuff asked to other people ( CPL-MEIR exam pass., medical exp. date etc.), and I was read a short text twice and 4 simple questions.
I have just a question for people in the same position of mine: where did you guys get the application form document? (mandatory for the assess day)

Good look to everyone!!

iw14

Hi, the application form is send to you by email along with the "briefing pack", you'll receive it in a fews days
Don't forget ANY of the documents they ask for, otherwise you may be fired from the assessment

mackoi
23rd Sep 2016, 16:38
Hi guys,

Good look to everyone!!

iw14
Did you get an e-mail warning you about the phone interview in advance?

elendir
23rd Sep 2016, 18:05
Yes, that is a good question, where to get the application form for the assessment day? Anyone else attending on 5th october?

Ok, now i know that application form will be in the briefing pack.

mackoi
23rd Sep 2016, 18:30
Yes, that is a good question, where to get the application form for the assessment day? Anyone else attending on 5th october?

Ok, now i know that application form will be in the briefing pack.
Thank you!

ironwings2014
23rd Sep 2016, 19:22
Hi, the application form is send to you by email along with the "briefing pack", you'll receive it in a fews days thank you AnthoX91!

Did you get an e-mail warning you about the phone interview in advance?
Hi mackoi, yes I've been sent an email about the upcoming call (within 15 days the email reception usually)!

Cheers!

iw14

Vvac
23rd Sep 2016, 22:23
elendir I am also booked on the 5th.

mackoi
24th Sep 2016, 06:49
Good to know ^_^

24th Sep 2016, 15:54
Can anyone confirm if the sim in the assessment is configured in PFD/ND or EFIS/MAP?

basstrip
25th Sep 2016, 18:36
Can anyone confirm if the sim in the assessment is configured in PFD/ND or EFIS/MAP?
It was in PFD/ND

26th Sep 2016, 08:35
Thanks a lot basstrip.

fxKNG
26th Sep 2016, 12:14
How much did you wait guys after the assessment to get the result?

mackoi
26th Sep 2016, 13:42
I just received the e-mail warning me to expect a call in the next two weeks. :D

horn23
26th Sep 2016, 15:52
I was getting email saying that they will call me within two weeks, stil nothing.

SRH
26th Sep 2016, 17:18
Anyone here for the interview and assessment in Dublin on thursday the 29th?

uchy
26th Sep 2016, 18:04
Any Ryanair pilot based in Charleroi? If yes, please can contact me in private..I would like to ask him some info....

tufa1993
26th Sep 2016, 20:18
Me too, good luck :)

niccon
26th Sep 2016, 21:09
Anyone here for the interview and assessment in Dublin on thursday the 29th?

Yup, im also going there on Thursday.. We are now atleast 3x norwegian guys going there, that I know of :)

mackoi
27th Sep 2016, 10:53
I was getting email saying that they will call me within two weeks, stil nothing.
When did you receive the e-mail?

alexion18
27th Sep 2016, 12:31
Hi all, i get the call from CAE right now, very friendly questions but i miss two answares from the text. The operator said he will talk with the airline about the telephone interview and i'll be contacted within this week about my response.......what do you think? I passed the interview?

Regards

Golfb
27th Sep 2016, 12:32
hi guys, do you know if it is possible to apply again in ryanair after a first failed interview? thank you to all.

nunojac
27th Sep 2016, 15:00
Hi, anyone knows how long do I have to wait until reapply again to Ryanair type rating course?
Regards,

NJ

J.CarballedoA343
27th Sep 2016, 18:08
Hi all! Quick question regarding the simulator assessment. During the hold, the outbound leg are you flying it with track indicator or is there any calculation required to find out your HDG? Good luck to all!

50kts
28th Sep 2016, 10:48
Hi, I m one the 6th October guys!
tha application form will be sent within the briefing pack

mackoi
28th Sep 2016, 10:57
Ok, I was in a meeting at work and missed the call. T_T Now what?

basstrip
28th Sep 2016, 12:36
Hello guys!

As I had many help consulting this website I would like to contribute to it with my feedback!

First: if you get the email telling you they will call you within the next 14 days: THEY WILL, even after those 14 days. I have been called on the 16th day so don't worry.

Second: If they tell you after the phone interview that they will come back to you with an answer maybe you passed, maybe not but I know some people who have been re-called few weeks after to do the phone interview again (I know it's weird). In my case I had the date for the assessment in Dublin directly after the few questions they ask during the call.

For the assessment I would suggest you to do a sim, wherever it is but a jet if possible, it will help you for sure! During the training sim make some general handling exercices (Climb, Descent, Accelerate, Decelerate, turns and so and so). After those exercices train for hold entries and normal ILS procedures. That is all we had on the assessment date + an emergency situation while in the hold (toilet smoke and they just want you to go trough a DODAR/NITS briefing whichever you learned during your MCC).

I would suggest you to speak up and interact with your PM, make him follow the decision process and ask him open questions about it. If you are pilot flying and have been asked to intercept such radial to enter such a hold or so and that you feel unsure about how to get in: speak up, ask your PM to help you, it is his role to do so and you will never be blame of doing so (the sim goes fast so you will may be get lost in your head while keeping that ALT, HDG and SPD). Simply ask your mate!

For the technical interview I won't learn you anything but here are the questions we had:

Jet streams, swept wings, high lift devices, V2, screen height, Clear Air Turbulence, different types of fog. Questions about the previously flown MEP (electrical system of DA42/PA34), critical engine.

Human Resources were: Why Ryanair should hire you? Questions about my CV (jobs I did), negative side about me, how will you finance the TR, what do I know about Ryanair and so and so...

Be honest, focus on the questions, they don't want you to make a full course on POF while explaining swept wings: key words, simple explanations that is all they want in my opinion. They want you to show that you understand what you are talking about, that you KNOW your aircraft well and that you will then be able to follow their TR course successfully.

They were all very kind and helpful so don't come there too stressed out, I know it is hard but you have plenty of time to stress before!

We were 8 on that day and 7 of us got the positive answer 6 days after the interview!

Good luck :)

mackoi
28th Sep 2016, 13:07
Ok, I was in a meeting at work and missed the call. T_T Now what?
I notified inmediately via e-mail and they called me again. I'm at Dublin the October 11th, anyone else around there that day?

Ivato
28th Sep 2016, 14:42
Hi Mackoi, when did you apply on their website?

mackoi
29th Sep 2016, 06:59
Hi Mackoi, when did you apply on their website?
I applied on Monday September 19th

horn23
29th Sep 2016, 16:57
Hi guys,
Thanks for sharing your experience. But can anyone tell if all of you have answered questions they asked, I mean technical and passed interview sucessfully? What if you dont answer few of them, does that mean you failed?

PilotLZ
29th Sep 2016, 19:37
How would you normally answer the HR question about funding the type rating? What do they expect to hear?

juris
29th Sep 2016, 20:07
Anyone here scheduled for CAE1629? Feel free to contact me :)

back.of.class
29th Sep 2016, 20:17
Erm.....that you can pay for it? On a serious note I would guess they would expect you to have done some research into available loans if you don't have a bank account full of monies. :}

nshnap
30th Sep 2016, 12:48
Hello,

Looking for poeple starting Cae 1627 looking for a Facebook group :)

renren
30th Sep 2016, 13:36
Hi guys,

Anyone scheduled for CAE1626 ?

Same feedback than described above by basstrip (http://www.pprune.org/members/460844-basstrip). We were there on the same day.

Good luck all

skydriverusa
30th Sep 2016, 14:49
Goodmorning everyone.
I wonder if anyone could give me the information regarding EASA Validations and 3rd Country Licences.
Let me explain, I'm 24 I live in the States and I Work for one of the many Regional Airlines.
Recently I noticed that Ryan Air by IAA could release a validation license for one year during which I should do the ATPL 14 written and at the same time allow me to fly in the EU.
If anyone had any information to share I would appreciate.
Thank you!

mackoi
30th Sep 2016, 14:57
Hi,

The e-mail says the assessment will take place at Ryanair HQ in Dublin, but it does not provide any adress. I guess it is the building in the Airside Business Park.

I have some questions about the documents that must be brought to the assessment, if someone can help please:

· Anyone from Spain has officially translated the passport? (titles are in Spanish, English and French)
· We are instructed to bring our logbook, do they need copy of the whole logbook or just the last two pages as stated later in the e-mail?
· Where is the "application form"? in the "briefing pack" I haven't yet received?

On the other hand, what does the "Briefing pack" contain?

I booked the "Premier Inn" by the way.

Regards!

SRH
30th Sep 2016, 15:53
Don't worry, you will get the briefing-pack a couple of days before your assessment. Premier Inn is only a couple of houndred meters away from Ryanair HQ. When they clearly state that they need the last two pages of your logbook, that's what you bring, together with the logbook itself. Good luck!

mackoi
1st Oct 2016, 06:03
Thanks SRH! I'm not a nervous person but I am really excited these days.

elendir
1st Oct 2016, 09:21
What is a correct action when you have a smoke in cabin or there is a fire in a toilet? I have never had anything like that on my MCC.

ironwings2014
1st Oct 2016, 14:38
Hey guys!
In the application form (briefing pack), How did you guys filled up the field "low visibility status catI/II/III"? Becase I really don't know what do they mean with that!

Cheers!

mackoi
1st Oct 2016, 19:02
If you have the IR you are CAT I, aren't you?

2nd Oct 2016, 08:34
There was a rumor in this thread five years ago, that guys older than 30 years had practically no chance to get invitation to assessment by Ryanair.

There is another rumor now, that hiring situation has not been better than now, so I would like to ask if I have a chance to get to assessment now. I turned 30 a few months ago and had to repeat one ATPL theoretical exam (practical CPL/IR skill tests passed on the first attempt). Moreover my English is not perfect, as you can see.

Is here anyone familliar with current situation? Thank you for your remarks.

mackoi
2nd Oct 2016, 09:20
By the way, ironwings2014, what's your assessment date?

ironwings2014
2nd Oct 2016, 14:38
If you have the IR you are CAT I, aren't you?
Thanks mackoi for clarifing!

By the way, ironwings2014, what's your assessment date?
I'll be assessed on 6th of October! you?

There was a rumor in this thread five years ago, that guys older than 30 years had practically no chance to get invitation to assessment by Ryanair.

Not at all, I Know people over 30 being assessed and got positive news as well!
The period is really the best one, as they still need people to cover the pilots lacking they had!
English perfection is not required, it's enough the operative level ICAO 4!
ATPL I knew people pass an assessment with 3 fail in they're exam, so don't worry about that, they look for all the general background of a candidate, not the single items!

Hope it helps!

jadrolinija
2nd Oct 2016, 15:47
Does anyone know if they will need pilots this winter, or winter is bad period for calling for assesment?

BMTH
2nd Oct 2016, 18:05

I'm 34, got a job offered two weeks ago.

mackoi
2nd Oct 2016, 19:52
IW2014

I'm in Oct 11th

RotationGearup
3rd Oct 2016, 08:03
Do you apply via Ryanair or CAE on the programme selection page for the cadet scheme?

eog1987
3rd Oct 2016, 12:46
I was chatting with a Ryanair Capatain who advised me to send me CV to McGinley Human Resources who do some recruiting for Ryanair, has anyone else gone down this route?

Fulcrum971
3rd Oct 2016, 12:59
Hello Guys! :)

Anybody starting the CAE1627 course at AMS? I'll create a FB group!

Fulcrum971
3rd Oct 2016, 13:02
oops sorry dude, did'nt see your post. Can you send me the link of you facebook group?

ojec
3rd Oct 2016, 15:53
Hello guys,

anyone in Dublin on 14th of October?

J.CarballedoA343
3rd Oct 2016, 18:47
In the application form that they send out after getting the assessment date did you leave the non applicable items in blank or just N/A?

Lynn1995
3rd Oct 2016, 23:21
Hi,

I will be in Dublin on 13th of October for an assesment.

rodolfopereira
4th Oct 2016, 09:26
Hey guys

I have assessment on october 12. Anyone with the same day?

Kilo_Romeo
5th Oct 2016, 07:33
Hi (: yes, I have the assessment on 12. too..
see ya

SRH
6th Oct 2016, 08:13
Hi, first of all I would like to thank all of you on this forum for your contributions, it’s been to great help so far. Therefore I would like to share my experience with you.

I am an integrated student with 244 hrs total-time, with MCC in a B737 fixed base simulator.

03/12-15 - First application with Ryanair
19/09-16 - First e-mail regarding the phone-call/interview
20/09-16 - Phone-call (wouldn’t go that far and call it an “interview”, really)
04/10-16 – E-mail with the results from the interview

I see a lot of people (including myself) asking about what time they will hear from CAE or Ryanair, and as most of you know by now it is a total lottery when (I say when because they WILL get back to you eventually) they will pick you for the magic “phone-call”. The last thing I heard is that they actually filter applicants by their passport number.

I booked my flights and hotel the same day I had the phone-call, and since they most likely will call you just a week before the interview, it is crucial that you have done your homework beforehand. By that I mean read up on the ATPL's (POF, MET, PERF, and other subjects of operational importance), Ryanair’s history and figures, the 737, but also on the systems of the aircraft YOU’ve flown, be it a DA-42, Cessna, Cirrus etc..

The phone-call was exactly as posted in here numerous times before; Your license and medical expire-dates, did you do your MCC, JOC?, where did you do your training. Basically getting to know you. If you are not sure about something, say so, don’t guess or lie. At the end of the call he/she will read a small text and ask you 4 questions regarding that text, fairy straight forward, I misunderstood one of the things she read and when I found out I had answered something completely different we both had a laugh. So as you might see, not too scary.

I stayed at the Glenmore House, not far from Ryanair’s HQ, it was old and worn but it was basically the only thing I found that had rooms left. I wasn't there for a luxurious holiday anyways...

Be there in time, and come prepared. I got there at 0730 when we were supposed to meet at 0800. When everyone was there we got picked up by one of the assessors. As stated before, very relaxed and friendly, tries to calm us by telling us jokes.

Briefing for the first hour in a room next to the simulator, we went through the plate for the day (EMA WAL2N) and got paired up with our sim-partner.
Me and my sim-partner were the first one’s in the sim and we had a malfunctioning stab-trim so we had to sit there for 30 minutes before a technician finally fixed it.
Fairly straight forward, Wx was 300/10, OVC 008, 8 km vis, QNH 1013. Clearance was the WAL2N, I was PM first and my sim-partner set up everything, briefed both the SID, and a basic emergency brief. After passing 1 nm we intercepted the first radial as stated on the plate before we were re-cleared on a HDG of 300 to stop climb at 5000’. Climbs/descent and turns (airwork) and then basically vectored downwind while asked to reduce speed. (Remember to ask for flaps not to go under clean-speed, 210 kts).

The assessor froze the simulator and asked us to point on the plate where we were at. Then we briefed the ILS for RWY 27 and continued with vectors to intercept ILS and land. We then swapped seats and I did the same thing, except after the air-work I was cleared to the EME NDB and we had a woman with a heart attack in the cabin. No doctor on board. DODAR, NITS, Mayday Mayday, and request priority for landing. We were number one, but radar unserviceable. I briefed the alternative procedure (full procedure base turn), and did as published. Intercepted the ILS and landed.
The same assessor was one of the two guys in the interview, the other one was a HR guy. Many of the same questions as earlier seen on this forum, but most importantly; be yourself and if you don’t know something – simply say so! Also remember that it doesn't matter what you have done before this point, it all comes down to these few hours to convince Ryan that you are the right guy for the job. Therefore, breathe, sit upright, try to be as calm as possible and think your answers through before throwing them out here.

HR:
- Tell us about yourself, your summarized story
- Where did you do your training?
- Did you do the MCC there?
- What did you think of the integrated program?
- What was the quality like?
- Did you ever have to request a different instructor due to his lack of teaching skills?
- What was the most important thing you learned from the MCC?
- What did you think about your simulator assessment today?
- Why Ryanair?
- Why should we hire YOU?
- What are your weak sides?
TECH:
- What was the crosswind factor today? (300/10kts) = 5 kts
- What is the max x-wind on your MEP aircraft?
- Do you know what V2 is?
- What’s screen height? Where is it located?

Since we were 7 candidates that day, one of us didn’t have a simulator partner. I therefore volunteered to be PM/PF together with him.

Happy with the positive result, I’m starting my intro week at EMA December 5th. If anyone else is up for that week, please hit me up with a PM.
Good luck everyone!

renren
6th Oct 2016, 10:26
Hi guys,

I have created a Facebook group for those who are attending the CAE 1626 course.
Please join CAE 1626 AMS on Facebook.

Cheers

LeInAd777
6th Oct 2016, 12:53
Hi,

I am also there on 12th.

See you guys there.

phil_socata
6th Oct 2016, 14:32
Hi guys,

I am one of those waiting for "the call", having received the email one week ago :-) ...

What literature/homepage do you suggest as a basic 737 tech introduction?

Time81
6th Oct 2016, 14:47
Hi everyone!

I will be in Dublin on October 19th and I'm currently trying to get a simulator assessment preparation the day before (or the 17th). If anyone's interested in joining me for the preparation, PM me please.

aleandro
6th Oct 2016, 15:43
Hi guys!

I received the email for "the call" on 20/09 but I did not receive any call or message in my voicemail. Anyone in the same situation?

CVossel
7th Oct 2016, 18:50
Hi aleandro,

I too received the email on 20/09 and I'm still waiting for the interview.

boeing150
8th Oct 2016, 09:33
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I received the call, the interview was really good (with no text), but at the end she said me that she has to send to Ryanair my interview and then I will receive an email with the result.

I've failed on three subjects.

Do you know the reason of that?

Cheers.

tufa1993
8th Oct 2016, 16:29
Hello girls and guys,

anyone in Dublin on 20th of October?

ArcherS
8th Oct 2016, 17:16
Hi,
I received the call last friday, after asking me about my license expiry date, how many attempts at ATPL, and after he read me a short text, he gave me an assessment date on the 20 th of October. :)

mackoi
8th Oct 2016, 18:15
So tufa and ArcherS are in the same day. Anyone for the 11th ?

tufa1993
8th Oct 2016, 18:52
ArcherS, do you have Facebook?

ironwings2014
11th Oct 2016, 14:28
Hi Guys!
as promised I'm here to share my experience about my assessment day as this forum was really helpful for me!

The day is started at 8:00 am, when one of the assessor came to meet all of the assessees, and guide us into the building to the briefing, sim and intervew rooms! Then, he went through the briefing and gave us the charts for the sim, the weather and the expected clearence! Then we were paired in 4 crews, and after about 20 min to brief each other we went into the sim. As PF: SID NANTI 2T departure in Liverpool, climb to 5000ft, and then on a radar heading for standard 25° turns, climb descend, acceleration and deceleration exercises!
QDM tracking, position reporting, and then cleared for radar vector ILS Rwy 27 with full stop landing! No emergencies in my case!
As PM: same thing for my partner plus dying pax with an heart attack! So DODAR+NITS, MAYDAY and straight in for the procedural ILS app Rwy27, we were number 1 (Radar vector was requested but radar was not working).

Interview was straight away after the sim:

HR: Tell me about yourself!
Why you choose to become a pilot?
Tell me about your current job!
Why should we hire you?
Can you pay for the tr if you pass?

Tech: V2? screens height? differences between TODA and TORA?
headwind on todays ILS?
Max x/wind in DA42? ( was my aircraft on the MEP/IR training)

Got positive news today, starting my TR on january in EMA!

suggests: they're not looking for a perfect sim session, they're look for good CRM, for the ability to correct yourself or your partner if any error happens! For the interview, just be relaxed, be yourself, say always the truth, if you don't remember anthing, but you know where find infos they ask for, say so ( sample: what's the batteries voltage in DA42? answer: I can't remember exactly but I know this info is present in the POH if needed!)

If you guys need any other info please let me know!

Hope it helps and best of luck to everyone!

A340300IBE
11th Oct 2016, 15:09
Hey guys so this thread has helped me a lot and I want to share my experience.

27/08/2016 – Applied on CAE portal
23/09/2016 – Email that I should expect a phone call
27/09/2016 – Phone Interview and Assessment the following week
11/10/2016 – Email with results from Interview

First of all I would like to emphasize that the atmosphere is really relaxed. I was nervous when I got there and my mind was just thinking about all the answers I had to give to the different questions but honestly it is really relaxed. The HR personnel and the Instructors (Great depth of knowledge I must add) made it very friendly and comfortable for everyone.

We were 4 in total. We arrived at 7:45 and at 8:00 one of the Instructors came and picked us up. We had a briefing of what to expect during the day. Pretty much it is all covered in the Briefing Pack. We were then given a few minutes to just brief with our partner the flight and the first set of crew went into the simulator. I stayed behind and my sim partner went in for the interview and then it was my turn.

Interview Questions:

HR

Tell Us About yourself
Why University Degree Chosen
Can I pay TR
When can I start
Do I have friends in RYR
Do I have siblings and what do they do
Where do I live
Why my flight school
Do I think the training at flight school was good
Why Ryanair?

Technical
ME/IR Aircraft
Why T-Tail
Critical Engine on MEP and 737
Seats on 737
Engine of 737
Hydraulics PSI and How many on 737

After the interview I had a few more minutes until my partner and I went into the sim. Today we had Liverpool (EGGP) WAL2T departure. Amended Departure RWY HDG to 3DME then right (360) (left for my partner to 180) and climbing to 5000ft. They then asked to do a few turns accelerate/decelerate and position fix with the NDB. Then QDM back to LPL NDB and prepare for the approach. When entering the hold we got given an Emergency and had deal with it (DODAR or FORDEC + NITS). Radar vectors unavailable, so you decide if you’re going to conduct the hold or immediately proceed to the NDB and preform the NDB ILS DME RWY27. For my partner the same thing. Help each other in decision making if someone misses out something. Help each other always you’re being assessed as PM as well.

Instructor might stop the sim a few times to teach you something and it’s great to hear from such an experienced Captain. CRM, be patient, be positive and stay calm are key. Enjoy yourself and have fun.
Overall it was a good experience. If you don’t know the answer tell them you don’t know but try think something out, something along the lines. For many of us this could be the 1st interview and it is also a place to learn.

I did a flight down at Simcheck the day before just to get more familiar with the 737 and the theory I used skyinstructor and as well as this forum.

Good Luck to all and hope to see you guys in the skies very soon!

juris
12th Oct 2016, 08:53
Hi guys, feel free to join FB group for CAE 1629 AMS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/328012150886627/

lemure
12th Oct 2016, 11:42
Hi,

I will be in Dublin on 13th of October for an assesment.

Hi,
I have the assesment the same day in the afternoon!
I'm at the premieri Inn hotel, you?

mackoi
12th Oct 2016, 11:56
Did the assessment recently, nothing to add to this thread. It is exactly as described by others.

Gustav k
12th Oct 2016, 17:45
Hello i am also on the 20 of Oktober :)

ilbaronerosso
12th Oct 2016, 19:33
Hello guys, Here my experience

First apply 23/07/2016 CAE portal
First Email 29/07
Call 03/08 (basic questions+ why RYR+ English test – they read 2 sentences twice about portable oxygen and I have to answer 3 easy questions) 4h later they call me back and proposed me the interview date

Interview 17/08 Dublin
I did 5 hours in the uPILOT sim in Dublin Airport the day before the interview since I finished my mcc on b737 3 years ago. (very close to the RYR headquarter, very useful to become confident for the interview, owner well organized)

Sim:
EGGP 27 WAL2N
Amended clearance, straight ahead until 3DME, right turn HDG 360° , climbing 5000ft
Some exercises with climb, descent, acceleration, deceleration, turns.
Position fixing with QDM/QDR from NDB.
Radar vectors and ILS 27 to land. No emergencies .
For the other candidate: heart attack and full procedure ILS

HR questions:
- what’s happened the first time
- Introduce yourself
- why RYR should hire you
- pro & cons
- do I think the training at flight school was good
- what is important in the mcc course?
-what do you do if you have a problem with a CPT
Technical questions:
- feedback about the sim session
- crosswind exercises
- what is a stall?
- anti-ice system DA42
- max 737-800 ceiling, cruise speed, max speed
- seats on the 737-800

Positive email 22/08
TR 17th Oct CAE1620 AMS
Pilot Profile: 220h tot, 26 years old, engineer. I finished my training 3.5 years ago (all exams 1st attempt). I got the first interview with Ryanair 3 years ago.

Antonyx
13th Oct 2016, 09:19
Hi aleandro,

I too received the email on 20/09 and I'm still waiting for the interview.

Did you finally got the call???

CVossel
13th Oct 2016, 12:57
Did you finally got the call???
I'm still waiting, and by now I am wondering if I should write an email to them, asking if I will get the call soon? Does anyone have similar experiences?

A340300IBE
13th Oct 2016, 15:19
Anyone in for CAE1627?

phil_socata
14th Oct 2016, 08:42
I'm still waiting, and by now I am wondering if I should write an email to them, asking if I will get the call soon? Does anyone have similar experiences? Same with me. I'am all the more surprised as I received the "positive" (?) e-mail only a week or so after submitting the application.
Has anybody been called AFTER the 14 days mentioned in the CAE email? All the people reporting here seem to have been called within a few days ...

aleandro
14th Oct 2016, 10:03
Same to me, email received on 20/09 and still waiting for theit call.....

aasulvnord
14th Oct 2016, 17:23
Anyone for the course in EMA in jan, FR1620?

It would also help a lot to get some advice, start to read sops, anything to make the type rating course easier!

If you have info, please PM me!

cheers :8

aguriga
15th Oct 2016, 08:09
Hi everyone

I would like to apply to Ryanair Cadet program and I have a question.

Although I´ve done all my training in Spain I have a jeppesen FAA format logbook (]http://daytonaaviation.com/images/shop/upload/jeppesen-loogbook-2-daytonaaviationacademy-com.jpg) (it was a gift). Do you recommend me to change to the Jeppesen JAA format (http://www.aopa.co.uk/thepilotstore/media/ecom/prodlg/JEPP_JAA_LOGBOOK_P1.jpg) or it doesn´t matter the logbook you use while all the flights are correct?

Thank you :ok:

flyfly4
15th Oct 2016, 16:55
Hi everyone. Are people that go to Simtech for MCC still receiving calls from ryanair?

Nordavind
16th Oct 2016, 04:37
Anyone for the course in EMA in jan, FR1620?

It would also help a lot to get some advice, start to read sops, anything to make the type rating course easier!

If you have info, please PM me!

cheers :8

I'm joining the 1620 course. Pm me

AlphaFloor45
17th Oct 2016, 16:03
Hello everybody !

For the technical interview, it's only 5/6 questions ?

oldkarim
18th Oct 2016, 08:00
Hi everyone. Are people that go to Simtech for MCC still receiving calls from ryanair?
@flyfly4
Why?

Vvac
18th Oct 2016, 10:36
Hello guys!

Did my assessment two weeks ago and passed. For those of you who have never set foot in a 737 before I would strongly recommend Upilot for a preparation session the day before your assessment. The Sim is similar to the one at the assessment. I felt very confident when it was my turn to go.
As for the interview, be positive, smile and stay calm and everything will be fine.
The worst part was the wait for the answer ;)

Cheers and good luck !

Nordavind
18th Oct 2016, 13:49
My assesment was like this:
I started with the sim. They dont expect to fly perfect. Make sure you know the briefing pack, and do a good briefing before flight. Use your co pilot and work along with him during flight.

My interview was about 15 min. All tech questions was related to my previous aviation related work. What info is on loadsheet? What is the engine fire drill on your previous airplane? seats in 737? What is lenticular cloud? Difference between de-ice and anti ice and one example of each? Then some quick simple HR question. It was a relaxed atmosphere.

mrrager
18th Oct 2016, 14:46
Hi everyone!
I have my assessment on october 24th. Anyone with the same day?

CVossel
18th Oct 2016, 18:19
Hi, I finally got the phone interview today and passed, I'm invited for the 24th as well!

tufa1993
19th Oct 2016, 07:27
Anyone tomorrow?

mrrager
19th Oct 2016, 07:55
Hi, I finally got the phone interview today and passed, I'm invited for the 24th as well!
Hi! Send me a pm, which hotel did you book?

mackoi
19th Oct 2016, 15:12
I am in CAE1628, anyone else?

Frabus
19th Oct 2016, 15:13
This question is to all the people that have an HR work as background.

I failed Ryanair assessment as well as other 4 friends from my same day.

We are all very upset with their decision because, according to our feelings, we did a great Sim session as well as a (more or less) great Interview.

So we are currently thinking that their choice to don't take us was made upon psychological traits to us unknown.

We all tried to use a open body language, maintaining eyes contact with both of the assessors, smiling and using sense of humor (when proper).

I got my ATPL(A) theory with an average score of 94%, all exams passed with 1 attempt.
The same has been for all the practical exams - never failed one!
MCC/JOC done in Dublin with a 4hrs refresh 2 days before the assessment, when the instructor told me and to my partner to have flown an excellent session.

All seemed so fine and hopefully but... 35% pass rate at the day of my assessment!

I don't blame anyone of Ryanair!
They have been very kind and gentle all the day long.

I'd just like to know if they put great emphasis to someone that can look nervous/anxious during the interview as well during the sim.

I was nervous as soon as I realized to have made a mistake in answering the 2nd tech question and I saw all my future plans and my childhood dream going to hell; so I stuttered a bit as well as acting nervously.

I think that this was the main reason that didn't lead me to get the job.
Few days to prepare for the interview, huge stress in that days of trying to bring back to my memory all the ATPL subjects, the feeling to be not ready at 100% ...all these reasons, in the bowl didn't help me in having the right attitude.

What do you think?

ironwings2014
19th Oct 2016, 17:17
Anyone in CAE1629 AMS on Jan23?

Lynn1995
19th Oct 2016, 22:05
I am in CAE1628, anyone else?

Yeah, I am also in CAE 1628.

TheSilverAviatior
20th Oct 2016, 09:27
Hi, I will be there the 24th as well.
Please send me a PM so we can get in contact.

Cheers!

rasenjie
20th Oct 2016, 18:41
This question is to all the people that have an HR work as background.

I failed Ryanair assessment as well as other 4 friends from my same day.

We are all very upset with their decision because, according to our feelings, we did a great Sim session as well as a (more or less) great Interview.

So we are currently thinking that their choice to don't take us was made upon psychological traits to us unknown.

We all tried to use a open body language, maintaining eyes contact with both of the assessors, smiling and using sense of humor (when proper).

I got my ATPL(A) theory with an average score of 94%, all exams passed with 1 attempt.
The same has been for all the practical exams - never failed one!
MCC/JOC done in Dublin with a 4hrs refresh 2 days before the assessment, when the instructor told me and to my partner to have flown an excellent session.

All seemed so fine and hopefully but... 35% pass rate at the day of my assessment!

I don't blame anyone of Ryanair!
They have been very kind and gentle all the day long.

I'd just like to know if they put great emphasis to someone that can look nervous/anxious during the interview as well during the sim.

I was nervous as soon as I realized to have made a mistake in answering the 2nd tech question and I saw all my future plans and my childhood dream going to hell; so I stuttered a bit as well as acting nervously.

I think that this was the main reason that didn't lead me to get the job.
Few days to prepare for the interview, huge stress in that days of trying to bring back to my memory all the ATPL subjects, the feeling to be not ready at 100% ...all these reasons, in the bowl didn't help me in having the right attitude.

What do you think?
Hi @Fabrus.

It happenned exactly the same to me a few months ago. I was deppressed after that, mainly because all the effort that I did and the huge amount of money spent preparing the assesment. I finished in the first position within my flight school class and I passed all the exams at the firsy attempt.

The worst thing isn´t know why I failed, I did a good average sim and I answered all the questions. They asked me a lot of them.

But life keeps going, and we will have more opportunities in the future, aviation is growing and will need thousand of pilots. Maybe even we may finish working in Ryanair in the future. Do you know if we can reapply again?

I have a friend who entried in Iberia, he told me that all his type rating mates (16 people) failed in the Ryanair assesment one day. So keeps working and the jet job will come. ;)

I had more than 600 hours and 24 years.

Scuderia46
20th Oct 2016, 19:11
There are far better places to start as a low hour pilot. Stay clear from Ryanair and their dodgy tax schemes

oldkarim
21st Oct 2016, 08:12
Agree!!!! You are right

CharlieHotel
24th Oct 2016, 08:56
You are absolutely right rasenjie, the market for low hour pilots in Europe has been improving since early 2015, and still does. So don't give up, I'm pretty sure that it won't take you much time to find that precious first job. I got a question: did you have 24 years of age, or of experience? Because I heard a couple of times that Ryanair prefers younger cadets. If you were 24 years of age with 600 hours experience, I don't see the reason why the didn't hire you either.

PapaHotel85
24th Oct 2016, 09:31
For you probably nowhere, but for other ones for example easyjet, monarch,
Jetair, Ba, Thomson...

Just to mention a few. If you get some new blue sky contract than congratulations because with this contract a paycut is included and the contract is still illegal.

tufa1993
24th Oct 2016, 10:36
Hello guys! Has anyone passed the interview which held last Thursday (20th October)?

Douzze
24th Oct 2016, 15:01
Hello guys! Has anyone passed the interview which held last Thursday (20th October)?

I was there.
Did you receive an answer?

ArcherS
24th Oct 2016, 16:36
Yes I did, just received a positive response this morning!

tufa1993
24th Oct 2016, 19:07
I received positive answer...

yxcvmnb
25th Oct 2016, 09:01
Anyone for the APC assessment on 4th?

Don't have much information at all about what the deal is with APC, would be glad to share info via PM, so feel free to PM me.

maverickflyer
25th Oct 2016, 14:21
Hi guys, I have a question for those of you coming from an integrated course. How did you log your SPIC hours in the CV you sent to ryanair. Did you specify they were SPIC hours or did you just count them as PIC hours. Thanks in advance.

A340300IBE
25th Oct 2016, 18:21
I put them down as PIC. That's how it was on my logbook so I just reflected it the same way on my CV. Hope this helps.

aleandro
25th Oct 2016, 18:24
Hello guys,

anyone is going for his interview on 09/11?
If someone would like to share with me a practice sim session the day before please p.m.

Regards

ArcherS
25th Oct 2016, 19:13
Hi,
You can count everything as PIC hours.

horn23
26th Oct 2016, 09:45
Unbelievable thing happened! I got an email saying they will give a call within two weeks. Waited for the phone call, really couldn't miss it! And after 3 weeks have got an email saying that:
"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 (Ryanair) type-rating program.

Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.

Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline (or CAE) to provide additional feedback regarding your application."

It really doesn't give a trust what they say and do, why they didn't tell that since the beginning, because I guess they had to review the application before they have send an email about phone interview. Just gives a big confusion, dissapointment. Any ideas?

tufa1993
26th Oct 2016, 09:53
Hi guys, I have a question for those of you coming from an integrated course. How did you log your SPIC hours in the CV you sent to ryanair. Did you specify they were SPIC hours or did you just count them as PIC hours. Thanks in advance.

SPIC + PIC together like a PIC :)

mackoi
26th Oct 2016, 10:34
For those in CAE1628, please keep in touch or if you want we can form a group.

elendir
26th Oct 2016, 14:16
Hi mackoi! We already have a group on FB - CAE 1628 AMS.
You're welcome to join :)

Lokki
26th Oct 2016, 16:28
horn 23, you probably will get a call in a couple of weeks..

mackoi
26th Oct 2016, 17:01
Hi mackoi! We already have a group on FB - CAE 1628 AMS.
You're welcome to join :)
Have you got a link to the group (send by PM). I've been looking for it in FB but I cannot find it.

phil_socata
27th Oct 2016, 13:44
Same thing just happened to me. What's the sense in all that?

Unbelievable thing happened! I got an email saying they will give a call within two weeks. Waited for the phone call, really couldn't miss it! And after 3 weeks have got an email saying that:
"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 (Ryanair) type-rating program.

Your application has been reviewed, however, we regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process.

Due to the number of applications received for this program it is not possible for the airline (or CAE) to provide additional feedback regarding your application."

It really doesn't give a trust what they say and do, why they didn't tell that since the beginning, because I guess they had to review the application before they have send an email about phone interview. Just gives a big confusion, dissapointment. Any ideas?

Uniky83
27th Oct 2016, 15:12
Same here this morning....

Wrightflyer1
28th Oct 2016, 11:33
Has anyone received this email?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for registering your interest in the Ryanair (cadet) Type-Rating program conducted by CAE.

We notice that you have not yet completed your online application.
The airline are aware of this, and have requested that this reminder be sent to you.

We take this opportunity to inform you that you are not eligible to proceed, and your application WILL NOT BE REVIEWED until you have uploaded ALL required documents.

Additionally, if you pass the Telephone Interview stage of selection, you will NOT be invited to an assessment day if you have not uploaded your Flight School Report – this is a vital document for your application, and must provide details relating to ATPL (including repeats, grades, number of attempts to achieve a pass, etc); CPL & MEIR passes; etc.

If you are interested in the Ryanair (cadet) Type-Rating program, you are advised to complete your online application without delay.

Please note:
• You are NOT able to change the Base Preferences which you entered when creating your online application.
• You should NOT create more than ONE application to the Ryanair Type-rating program. Multiple entries are not appreciated.

It is not possible to reply to this email.

Regrettably, it is also not possible for CAE or the airline to reply to emails from applicants who request information relating to the status of their application.

Each application is closely monitored, and should the airline decide to proceed with your application in the future, you will then be contacted.

We wish you every success.

-------

I had a couple of docs left to load up which I didn't realise. Everything in place now - just wanted to know if anyone experienced anything further after this.

Thanks in advance.

AdzMc
28th Oct 2016, 16:26
Hi guys,

Is there anyone here who applied last year but still haven't heard anything? I applied last August and I've heard absolutely nothing at all....... :ugh:

spaflyer
28th Oct 2016, 16:38
I applied in July and didn't heard anything :(

mackoi
29th Oct 2016, 07:23
In my assessment there was a lady who applied 5 years ago.

Apollo90
29th Oct 2016, 13:07
Anyone attending the assessment on 09/11?

SeventhHeaven
29th Oct 2016, 14:33
Those that have been waiting for a long time, are you able to update your application? I can't edit my hours/IR date/medical etc. Thanks.

Lokki
29th Oct 2016, 15:15
seventhheaven, ive heard people have removed their application then reapplied have been called in?

UAV689
31st Oct 2016, 18:40
Are they offering storm or blue sky contracts?

samthepilot737
31st Oct 2016, 20:16
Hi to everyone!! I'm in CAE1630 if someone is going to AMS let's keep in touch

tufa1993
1st Nov 2016, 18:29
I am in CAE1630

Giulicor12
2nd Nov 2016, 09:15
Hello Everyone !

Anyone attending the assesment on the 10/11 ?

Boeing737SAA
2nd Nov 2016, 14:38
Anyone in Type Rating FR1621 - 6-Mar 2017 EMA?

Jesper J
2nd Nov 2016, 16:09
I will be there on Nov 10th :)

feeso
2nd Nov 2016, 21:58
Hello my dear Sky Colleagues,

Can someone give me some information about the latest assessment for Ryan Air? i am scheduled for one in 2 weeks time in Stansted. have anyone attended an assessment recently for a captain's position?

Thank you in advance.

seminole77
3rd Nov 2016, 05:25
Anybody for the 18th Nov? If anyone is interested in sharing a sim session reply.

den07fc
3rd Nov 2016, 20:54
Hello!

Has anyone recieved an e-mail with "RYR application_unable to proceed" content?
If so, what can be the reason for the rejection on the application?

Aclapilot
4th Nov 2016, 12:34
Hi. Yes I received the same mail. I had uploaded my atpl results in place of a flight school report (which I never received as I was a distance learning student.) I finally got hold of one from my school and sent it off. Was kind of looking at this mail in a positive light as most companies would throw your application in the bin if it wasn't complete. Who knows, we can only wait and see.

maverickflyer
4th Nov 2016, 14:02
Hello guys, I have a question for those from Spain or those who did their integrated ATPL there .. Where and how did you get your official CPL and ME/IR results to apply for Ryanair. My flight school is long gone and my report is not as detailed as Id like (it doesn't specify I passed them on the first try). Thanks in advance!

Uniky83
4th Nov 2016, 14:13
Hi den07fc,

Yes, i received that answer aswell, after i got an email saying that i would be contacted within 2 weeks...about the reason, i have no idea at all...everything was in order,like many others...

pablovarsan
4th Nov 2016, 20:43
Helo guys,

Does anyone know of a good place to prepare the Sim assessment???

Regards

den07fc
5th Nov 2016, 12:40
My email contained the following:
"Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Boeing 737-800 (Ryanair) type-rating program.

It was the first ever email I've got from RYR, so they basically said "no" without even have a phone conversation, and without giving me any reasons...

JBG_C
5th Nov 2016, 16:49
Hi everyone!

When applying for Ryanair through CAE webpage, what program should I select, Ryanair or CAE? I know this is a st***d question but as I read, cadets will be referred to RYR through CAE, so I'm not quite sure which one select.

Please help me! Thank you

homerj
5th Nov 2016, 17:58
Helo guys,

Does anyone know of a good place to prepare the Sim assessment???

Regards
Have a look at Simcheck | Boeing 737 Simulator | Dublin (http://www.simcheck.ie)

sosu89
6th Nov 2016, 06:28
Hello folks,

I am a student pilot and have been following this forum for several months hoping i I will be 100% geared for the interview when I complete the course. I don't know if you have noticed the same but it seems that the rate of ryanair pilot interviews has decreased in the last two months! I use to know it that during winter session the rate of intake will increase to prepare for summer schedule. Any ideas ?

Time81
6th Nov 2016, 10:55
What is this theory based on?

sosu89
6th Nov 2016, 13:51
It is my own theory ..... but seeing the history of pilot recruitments it is common to be in winter to prepare for the busy summer schedule.

SeventhHeaven
6th Nov 2016, 18:28
Hi everyone!

When applying for Ryanair through CAE webpage, what program should I select, Ryanair or CAE? I know this is a st***d question but as I read, cadets will be referred to RYR through CAE, so I'm not quite sure which one select.

Please help me! Thank you

You click Ryanair. The CAE option is for the other, inhouse courses they provide.

JohanP
6th Nov 2016, 19:57
Hello folks,

I am a student pilot and have been following this forum for several months hoping i I will be 100% geared for the interview when I complete the course. I don't know if you have noticed the same but it seems that the rate of ryanair pilot interviews has decreased in the last two months!!! I use to know it that during winter session the rate of intake will increase to prepare for summer schedule. Any ideas ????

I can assure you it didn't decrease at all... More than 600 pilots will be trained in CAE Amsterdam this year! This is just for AMS. Pilots are also trained in East Midlands, I don't know how many, maybe less than AMS but still a lot.
Ryanair has announced to hire 1000 pilots in 2017!

Giulicor12
7th Nov 2016, 12:50
I will be there on Nov 10th :)
Jesper J please PM me so maybe we can get in touch

Are you going in Dublin for Assessement ?

simn
7th Nov 2016, 13:16
Hello everyone!

First post on PPRuNe :)

I passed the assessment on 19/10 and I'm also on CAE 1628 (AMS), can one of those who are on this course add me to the Facebook group? I can't get PMs to work but I activated the email contact option on my profile.

Thanks! :ok:

JBG_C
7th Nov 2016, 15:04
Jesper J please PM me so maybe we can get in touch

Are you going in Dublin for Assessement ?
Giulicor12 (http://www.pprune.org/members/397413-giulicor12) and Jesper J (http://www.pprune.org/members/462410-jesper-j)

When did you apply for the first time and how long did you have to wait until you received the email for the phone interview/invitation to the assessment?

Thanks

PFDriver
8th Nov 2016, 23:47
Good luck everybody!

Giulicor12
9th Nov 2016, 07:48
Giulicor12 (http://www.pprune.org/members/397413-giulicor12) and Jesper J (http://www.pprune.org/members/462410-jesper-j)

When did you apply for the first time and how long did you have to wait until you received the email for the phone interview/invitation to the assessment?

Thanks

Hi,

The first time I applied was nearly 3 years ago, but they changed their website and then I re-applied 2 months ago, 1 month after I received the mail for the phone call interview.

Hoping the best for you

teemes
9th Nov 2016, 10:53
Hello friends,
Yestarday nice woman called me from amsterdam but i didn't receive assesement date. She told me that she need to send it to ryanair and as soon as possible i'll have an email/phone call if i pass or not. I saw that many of u failed if not get date in phone call. My phone took about 6 mins: dates of expiry, simple questions about atpl and did i work earlier for ryanair ( my answer was no). She didn't read me a text and she told me that i'll have mail from them as soon as possible. Is it 100% that i failed?

Regards

JBG_C
9th Nov 2016, 16:09
Thanks! It was just to have an idea of how long they usually take. Good luck.

PFDriver
10th Nov 2016, 17:41
Teemes, I got the exact same thing on the phone. Just confirming dates, exam marks, etc... and in the end I was told my application was to be discussed to Ryanair and they'd get back to me later. I got another call 25 minutes later saying Ryanair wanted to proceed with my application and I was offered a date. That is all i can help with ;) Good luck!

teemes
11th Nov 2016, 12:31
I'm waiting 4 days and still nothing, no mail, no recall etc

Njeeg
11th Nov 2016, 14:27
Hello!

Anyone in for the CAE 1630 course in Amsterdam?

And for you who are going to the assessment. Read this forum, it will cover the most, also do Ace the technical pilot interview to be on the safe side.
Believe in yourself! It is nothing to be nervous about. If you fail you will have another opportunity, life is not over. Arrive with a big self confidence and dont look nervous, even if you are. This will take you far!

seminole77
11th Nov 2016, 15:41
Hey guys, anyone for the 18th of November assessment???

tufa1993
12th Nov 2016, 12:18
Hello!

Anyone in for the CAE 1630 course in Amsterdam?

Njeeg, I am in CAE1630

CVossel
13th Nov 2016, 12:03
tufa 1993, Njeeg,
Join this Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/197058534035162/?fref=ts
we're all in CAE1630

seminole77
16th Nov 2016, 16:17
when are you going to be in dublin??

Gerrit1972
17th Nov 2016, 19:09
Hi guys,
Where can we go for a loan for the type rating ? Any recommendations ?
Thanks !

Blueskyhigh
18th Nov 2016, 16:01
Hi guys!
Anyone who recently joined the APC program?? Any news about it??

renren
20th Nov 2016, 10:56
Hi Gerrit,

As I can see you are from Belgium so I suggest you to call KBC Zaventem.
They offer loans for pilot training and type-rating. I contracted a loan with them for my type-rating. Good luck for the assessment !

FuturePilot6
20th Nov 2016, 11:03
Hi everyone. If i get selected to do the Ryanair SSTR, do I have to pay the line training? I've read somewhere that I have to pay line training per sector on top of the TR.

Jesper J
20th Nov 2016, 11:50
Hey!

Anyone in for the CAE 1620 course in EMA? Any facebook group perhaps?
I can only agree with the previous comments about the assesment.

SIM
Liverpool WAL 2T departure and some basic airwork, QDMs, ILS approach with some type of emergency ( fire in cabin or ill passenger). Just try to follow the info you get in the briefing pack. And remember that you will do some errors, but thats OK as long as you try your best to correct them asap.

HR
Why RYR?
Why should we hire you?
Weak sides?
Have you applied to any other airlines?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?

Tech
Explain how a glider can stay up in the air, why doesn't it just fall from the sky? ( they knew that I fly gliders )
Seats on the B737
Engines on the B737
Explain wing loading

Hope this will help some of you and good luck with your assesment!

Ziga93
20th Nov 2016, 15:01
Hi there!

I'm also booked for FR1620 in EMA starting on 30th January with introduction week:)

SeventhHeaven
20th Nov 2016, 16:01
You don't pay the line training, but you're on half salary during the line training.

Semantics, I know.

FlightLevel660
20th Nov 2016, 16:23
Hey!

Anyone in for the CAE 1620 course in EMA? Any facebook group perhaps?
I can only agree with the previous comments about the assesment.

SIM
Liverpool WAL 2T departure and some basic airwork, QDMs, ILS approach with some type of emergency ( fire in cabin or ill passenger). Just try to follow the info you get in the briefing pack. And remember that you will do some errors, but thats OK as long as you try your best to correct them asap.

HR
Why RYR?
Why should we hire you?
Weak sides?
Have you applied to any other airlines?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?

Tech
Explain how a glider can stay up in the air, why doesn't it just fall from the sky? ( they knew that I fly gliders )
Seats on the B737
Engines on the B737
Explain wing loading

Hope this will help some of you and good luck with your assesment!
Hi Jesper J, aasulvnord, Nordavind

I have just created the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/204486470001124/?fref=ts

Feel free to join! We are all in CAE 1620 in EMA. Cheers

JBG_C
20th Nov 2016, 16:24
You don't pay the line training, but you're on half salary during the line training.

Semantics, I know.

How long does the line training last? I heard it lasts the time it takes to complete 68 sectors, however I'd like to know the exact time if you have this kind of information. Thanks

FuturePilot6
20th Nov 2016, 17:41
That's what I thought. Why's there so many Ryanair haters on this thread? I see FR as a potential employer for pilots. For example, you have a stable 5/4 roster and you'll eventually get home every day if you're not operating from an another base

carlox041
20th Nov 2016, 18:19
Someone is going to the interview on 30th November?

Ziga93
20th Nov 2016, 18:48
Hi guys!

I recently passed the assessment with Ryanair and will be attending the EMA FR1620 course on 30th January. I anybody else going to EMA on this date?

This is what I got on the interview! Hope it helps for future candidates :)

Simulator session
East Midlands airport Walasey 2N SID however radio vectors after take off. Had
and emergency on board sick passenger requested vectors for ILS and priority
for landing but didn’t get vectors since radar was out at that moment so I did full
arrival procedure. Some QDR and QDM and that was it…. Communication
between crew is important!!!!!
Interview
Tech Q:
Piper Seneca De-Icing system
Max Mach number for 737
Hydraulic pressure in 737
Max celling for 737
How control surfaces are operated in 737
HR Q:
Tell me about yourself
Your disadvantages
Why Ryanair

SeventhHeaven
20th Nov 2016, 20:30
Some take 40 sectors, some take 90, it really just depends on yourself and the conditions.

Also depends on the time of year you start. During summer, when everybody is flying max hours, people do it in 2 months. During winter, when people maybe fly 30-40 hours, it might take up to 4 or 5 months. Nothing you can do about it!

carlox041
20th Nov 2016, 20:47
anyone going to the assessment on the 30th November?

jadrolinija
21st Nov 2016, 06:27
So we are paid during line training? I heard that we are not paid until released by observer.

mackoi
21st Nov 2016, 08:08
After safety pilot release the line training continues until the line check.

jadrolinija
21st Nov 2016, 17:56
Thank you very much for information! Can you please tell me how long does it take for safety pilot release?

Thank you

767neos
22nd Nov 2016, 11:03
Hi, I have a question for you. Maybe someone is in my same situation. I applied to Ryanair around two months ago. After three weeks I received the "famous" email and then the call from a woman from CAE. After few questions and a small english test, she did not give me a date for the assessment but she told me that she had to send back to Ryanair my datas and I will be contacted by Ryanair with a response about the Interview and if positive with the date of the assessment. I passed every exam, theoretical and practical, at the first attempt (with the average of 91% in the ATPL theoretical exams), but after more than one month I did not receive any email / call. Do you have any idea?

Regards

Flyguy00
22nd Nov 2016, 12:51
Someone is going to the interview on 30th November?
Yes i have the interview on that date

JBG_C
22nd Nov 2016, 13:11
Anyone knows what documents are required to bring the day of the assessment?

Thanks

pablovarsan
22nd Nov 2016, 19:24
Anyone called for interview on Dec. 2??

RodrigueE
22nd Nov 2016, 20:00
Yes i have the interview on that date
Me too ! I have the interview on 30th at Dublin

Sergente di Ferro
22nd Nov 2016, 20:09
Hi everybody. I applied almost 2 years ago. I am 38. Somebody says I am old for the cadet in Ryanair, but age limit is 65. Not heard anybody from Ryanair till now. Will I have any chance in the future?

PFDriver
22nd Nov 2016, 21:53
Hi, I have a question for you. Maybe someone is in my same situation. I applied to Ryanair around two months ago. After three weeks I received the "famous" email and then the call from a woman from CAE. After few questions and a small english test, she did not give me a date for the assessment but she told me that she had to send back to Ryanair my datas and I will be contacted by Ryanair with a response about the Interview and if positive with the date of the assessment. I passed every exam, theoretical and practical, at the first attempt (with the average of 91% in the ATPL theoretical exams), but after more than one month I did not receive any email / call. Do you have any idea?

Regards
The same happened to me. I got another call 25 minutes later saying that CAE had discussed my application with Ryanair and they wanted to proceed with it. She then offered me a date over the phone. On the end of the first call when she didnt give me the date right away I thought I had lost my chance, but she called again and I passed. So I can guarantee you that when they tell you they have to talk to Ryanair it doesn't mean that you failed, it just means that for whatever reason they can't give you a date straight away.

renren
23rd Nov 2016, 06:55
Hi everybody. I applied almost 2 years ago. I am 38. Somebody says I am old for the cadet in Ryanair, but age limit is 65. Not heard anybody from Ryanair till now. Will I have any chance in the future?
Tks.
Hi Sergente,

I am 32 and just got the job. There was also a guy around 40 at the assessment. Some people had 200 hours TT, another one flying as Captain on a Citation with 3000 hours. They are not looking for a specific profile, it just seems to be a random lottery but everyone has a chance !

giuliogre91
23rd Nov 2016, 08:04
I received yesterday "the call" has anyone the assessment on Dec. 1st?

JBG_C
23rd Nov 2016, 20:47
I'm having the assessment on the 6th December, anyone else is on that date?

mackoi
24th Nov 2016, 07:25
I got the job and I am 32

ab154
24th Nov 2016, 10:50
Has anyone who applied recently heard anything back yet?

samthepilot737
24th Nov 2016, 17:49
I've created CAE1630 on facebook if anyone from that course wants to join us, just do it :)

Mario21
24th Nov 2016, 17:55
I'm 30 ! Don't give up guys !!!
For the interview everything is on these 343 pages... This forum helped me a lot !

Very relax atmosphere, it's very pleasant ! Don't forget CRM and communication !!

Flyguy00
24th Nov 2016, 18:09
I have the assesment on the 30th of november, staying at the Maldron. Anyone on that date who wants to do some last minute pre assesment studying?

mrrager
24th Nov 2016, 21:17
I've created CAE1630 on facebook if anyone from that course wants to join us, just do it :)
Hi! We already have the CAE1630 group created:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197058534035162

PerOlov
25th Nov 2016, 08:00
Hi Flyguy00
Send me a PM with your contact details (for some reason I cannot).

Mlambin
25th Nov 2016, 16:13
Hi here,

I applied few weeks ago and i'm still waiting.

For me to be well prepared a friend working in the aviation industry told me that EASA OPS were important thinks to learn. Unfortunately I can't find any documents to study !

Can anyone help me with that. Thanks!

Mlambin
25th Nov 2016, 17:16
Thank you ! I will have a close look at that.

I get lost on the EASA website an never reached that document ^^

carlox041
26th Nov 2016, 09:14
What did you write down on Licence General (Application).
EASA PART-FCL, EU JAR-FCL or National Licence

Takingover155
26th Nov 2016, 09:23
Anyone on the CAE1631 in AMS?

ludovicpelletier89
28th Nov 2016, 11:00
I will be with you :)

mattts
28th Nov 2016, 12:03
Guys!
If I start APC programme (MCC+TR737) on 23rd January, what is the real waiting time for the beginning of line training? Will it come around May or even July? How long does the line training take assuming, that I will need the minimum of 64 sectors to pass line check? And when do you get your first payment for flying, at the end of line training?
I will be thankful for clearing this few things for me.

vopistu
29th Nov 2016, 09:30
My friend's last week's assessment summary:

HR interview (+technical overall 30-45 minutes)

· talk about yourself
· why do you want to be a pilot
· talk about your current job, why do you like it or why not
· why did you choose Ryanair
· why should we hire you
· why would you be an asset for Ryanair, tell negative thing of you

Technical:

· vNE – what is it (how much was it on your last flown aircraft)
· VMC
· TCAS, really basic operation
· RWY HDG 300, wind 170/20 how much is the crosswind component
· SHVC what does it mean if you see it in a METAR
· swept back wings, advantage and disadvantage, compensation
· where do you think you will be in five years
· did you apply to other airlines
· when can you start the type rating

Others had:
· CFIT (controlled flight into terrain) what do you know about it
· Pressure altitude calculation

B737 Simulator (45 minutes PF, 45 minutes PNF)

§ Liverpool RWY 27, SID to WAL with flight director ON (wind 290/10)
§ some level turns 25-30 degree, at 4000’
§ heart attack on board, actions you will as the captain, (when PNF we had fire in the toilet) use DODAR-NITS briefing (Nature, Intention, Time, Special)
§ what is your position from the airport, show it on the approach chart, position from NDB, distance from the ILS DME
§ ILS approach, from present position, go PLP, join the holding than start approach, no tricks during approach
§ if you had the JOC on an Airbus pull the control column slightly harder that on an Airbus

PFDriver
29th Nov 2016, 16:09
Anyone here taking the assessment next week?
If so, please PM me ASAP or say it here.

JBG_C
29th Nov 2016, 18:46
I'm booked in for the 6th as well.

Piloto Maluco
30th Nov 2016, 15:22
Guys!
If I start APC programme (MCC+TR737) on 23rd January, what is the real waiting time for the beginning of line training? Will it come around May or even July? How long does the line training take assuming, that I will need the minimum of 64 sectors to pass line check? And when do you get your first payment for flying, at the end of line training?
I will be thankful for clearing this few things for me.

Hi,
In which school did you learn to fly?

chris_mc87
1st Dec 2016, 09:04
Hi Guys,

Could some please answer this query for me.

If you have passed the assessment in the last 2 weeks, what is the date you were offered to start the type rating?

for example how many months after you receive a positive outcome from the assessment?

renren
2nd Dec 2016, 08:04
Hi Chris,

Just for info, I passed the assessment on the 21st of September and I start the type rating in AMS on January 9 !

I think the waiting time is pretty much the same if you do it in EMA

Joefly93
5th Dec 2016, 12:46
Hi all,
Anybody for 1621 at EMA? I've tried joining the Facebook group but I'm yet to be accepted.

Thanks!

B2O
6th Dec 2016, 15:31
Hi,

guys who did the assessment last week, have you got any outcomes? either positive or negative?

Thanks

Joefly93
8th Dec 2016, 18:47
Hi all,
I've created a Facebook group for those attending 1621 at EMA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1328212577265899/

mackoi
9th Dec 2016, 09:53
Hi,

For personal reasons I have to cancel my training with CAE. If any Ryanair cadet is interested in taking my spot in the couse 1628 at AMS please contact me.

In such case, payment should be done the next week.

Regards!

fraser1
9th Dec 2016, 11:10
At the interview do you get to state which base you would like or do they advise where they need FO's?

Also another quick question regarding the type rating. How do people pay for it? I'm unsure whether to look at a personal loan or what the best options are.

Thanks in advance.

wannaflyasm
9th Dec 2016, 23:24
Hello, I would like to know which version of B737 is Ryanair using nowadays for the assessment. I know before they were using Simtech but not anymore.
Do you guys know any place to do MCC and JOC that is more o less the same version as the actual assessment?
Thanks

Rotorcube
10th Dec 2016, 15:09
Hi,

For personal reasons I have to cancel my training with CAE. If any Ryanair cadet is interested in taking my spot in the couse 1628 at AMS please contact me.

In such case, payment should be done the next week.

Regards!

Hey Mackoi!
When is the intro week for 1628?

Joefly93
10th Dec 2016, 16:04
Hi guys,

From those who passed the assessment, can you tell me what were they looking from your flying?

Is it a 100% accuracy or do they accept some deviations on ILS, handling,etc, What if you are not happy with the approach, is it encouraged to do the go around, rather the do a botched approach?

Assessment coming up and just a bit nervous of the sim

Thanks
Fly it like you would in real life. Easy as that!

PFDriver
10th Dec 2016, 22:26
Ryanair using a full scale and fully functional B737-800 fixed base simulator at their own HQ in Swords (Dublin, Ireland). It's very similar to the Simtech one in terms of the feeling you get on the flight controls, but it's 100% B737NG unlike the Simtech one.

I did my MCC and JOC in Simtech and I totally recommend the school!

mattts
12th Dec 2016, 10:08
Hi,
In which school did you learn to fly?

Hi, I was in The State School of Higher Education in Chelm, Poland. But I have heard that not only flight schools are able to recommend a pilot for an APC programme.

cswaffle
12th Dec 2016, 15:01
Hi everyone, I am brand new on this forum.
Lots of interesting information here.
Anyone for the assessment on January 5th in Dublin?

tomgadz
12th Dec 2016, 18:12
Hi there,

Anyone CAE1632 ?

Hi there,

Anyone for AMS CAE 1632 ?

giuliogre91
13th Dec 2016, 07:40
Hi Guys, Anyone for AMS CAE 1633? Intro week on Mar. 13!!

ab154
13th Dec 2016, 07:47
Hi everyone, I am brand new on this forum.
Lots of interesting information here.
Anyone for the assessment on January 5th in Dublin?

I will be attending on the 5th. Send me a pm if you can.

andrei278
13th Dec 2016, 07:51
@cswaffle

When did you apply? I am about to send my documents, but I'm waiting to get my licence from caa.

voerot
13th Dec 2016, 08:36
I will also be attending the assessment on the 5th of January.

PFDriver
13th Dec 2016, 18:53
Guys,

I went to their assessment recently and our class already got the results. 7 out of 8 were turned down.

The tech and HR interview (done at the same time) wasn't too hard at all, they asked about the ME airplanes we flew during the course, how many seats on the 737, etc... The kind of stuff all of us can answer without thinking twice.

Sim session was relaxed and professional, a minor emergency (medical or fire in the hold) when already established on the ILS and landing.

None of us when reviewing things in group thought we had any major screw-ups on any of the two parts. Good luck everybody!

mackoi
14th Dec 2016, 08:39
Hey Mackoi!
When is the intro week for 1628?
Hi

It's January 16th. However the spot has already been covered.

Flyingrib
14th Dec 2016, 18:34
Hey guys!

Today i received both the e-mail and the phone call regarding my assessment. I'm in for the 11th of January. I submitted my application on the 27th of November Anyone in for that day?

V0LC0M
15th Dec 2016, 11:16
Anyone of you guys have had a second chance to repeat the assessment from August 2015** onwards?:rolleyes:

**(From August 2015 the applications system has been changed by the current and you can not longer have more than one profile)

It doesn't know if after fail the first assessment, they take into account the application longer.:confused:

MeanSeaLevel
17th Dec 2016, 21:17
Anyone heading to Dublin for assessment on 12th of january?

echocharlie3012
17th Dec 2016, 21:53
Hi everyone, brand new here as well! I applied for RYR 2nd December and CAE emailed me yesterday about the phone interview. Hope to recibe it as soon as possible and get my assessment day :D

I just wanna say thanks for your very nice help in every word you post. I will post whatever new about.

feel free to pm ;)

Rotorcube
18th Dec 2016, 10:19
Hi there,

Anyone CAE1632 ?

Hi there,

Anyone for AMS CAE 1632 ?
I´m in 1632 tomgadz

Henair
19th Dec 2016, 07:53
I'm heading to Dublin on the 12th of January for the Assessment, too.

echocharlie3012
20th Dec 2016, 16:35
I'm also for January 12th!

maverickflyer
20th Dec 2016, 21:33
HENAIR, when did you submit your application, and when did you receive the email?

Henair
21st Dec 2016, 06:09
@maverickflyer, I submitted at the end of November and got the Mail last week and the phone call one day after the Mail.

foxtrot sierra
21st Dec 2016, 11:32
What's the latest on training bond for cadets?

MeanSeaLevel
21st Dec 2016, 21:00
I'm afraid the training bond is just a rumour.

Henair and Echocharlie3012:

I got the briefing package today, and want to ask you the following:

- In which seat will you act as PF (left/right)?
- What procedure will you utilize when setting thrust for T/O?

joaop
21st Dec 2016, 21:33
Hi all,
I've created a Facebook group for those attending 1632 at AMS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/723018581187385/

Joefly93
22nd Dec 2016, 08:11
I'm afraid the training bond is just a rumour.

Henair and Echocharlie3012:

I got the briefing package today, and want to ask you the following:

- In which seat will you act as PF (left/right)?
- What procedure will you utilize when setting thrust for T/O?
Either seat, they let you choose.

Use the procedure that is in the briefing pack. PF takes thrust to 40%, PF advanced to T/O thrust, PF calls "Set thrust", PM adjusts thrust levers and then guards them until rotation.

They don't actually care if you don't do that, but it's easier for the PM(Because you don't get long to practice) if you stick to common procedure.

AviatorJones
22nd Dec 2016, 16:05
Hi all,
Submitted my application for CAE 1st of December but haven't heard anything at all?!
Anyone here that applied later and have heard something? I know it's only 3 weeks and some wait for years, but a buddy from flight school applied few days before me and already received the phone call... :ugh::ugh:

Mlambin
22nd Dec 2016, 20:47
Same here AviatiorJones.