PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

PilotJamie
11th Jun 2018, 12:41
No need to create a second account, also because they can catch you fairly easily. Many people are having a second chance. Some say after 6 months, some say after a year. I'm waiting and keeping my profile updated.

i attended a pilot conference at Gatwick last month and spoke to some Ryanair Recruiters. They have informed me it is indeed a year (shouldn’t be earlier) to be called for a second chance. (hopefully!)

Just keep that profile updated as much as you can.

Airone2977
11th Jun 2018, 13:16
i attended a pilot conference at Gatwick last month and spoke to some Ryanair Recruiters. They have informed me it is indeed a year (shouldn’t be earlier) to be called for a second chance. (hopefully!)

Just keep that profile updated as much as you can.

1 year since the last assesment I might guess ?
It is also true that they stop the cadet intake due to the lack of LTC ?

PilotJamie
11th Jun 2018, 13:48
1 year since the last assesment I might guess ?
It is also true that they stop the cadet intake due to the lack of LTC ?

1 year since assessment. I have friends who are either attending within the next few weeks or have passed recently so I wouldn’t say it’s ceased for cadets.

JPdb
11th Jun 2018, 13:59
Hi, is there anyone in the CAE1814 group in AMS?

Mikehotel152
11th Jun 2018, 16:27
PS. Flying the 737 sim at Ryanair is a piece of cake. So easy and stable.

The real thing is far easier to fly. Ironically. ;)

flyfan
11th Jun 2018, 19:05
Information on the 737-800,
I'm preparing for the technical side of the RYR interview, and wondering where is the best source to find information out on the 737 and its systems? google it or is there a good book.

They'll only ask you the basic things about it - Ceiling, Seats, Dimensions etc...everything else is common sense (f.e. how many generators are there...[One IDG per Engine, one generator for the APU, makes it 3 in total]), so I wouldn't worry too much about studying the systems in depth. But if you're interested: The Boeing 737 Technical Site (http://www.b737.org.uk/)
I'd recommend studying the systems of your MEP and/or IR plane - most probably they'll ask a few question about that. - In my case I got quite detailed questions on the electrical system of the DA42.

Good luck!

eay
12th Jun 2018, 15:12
Hi All,

I just missed the call from CAE. Are we supposed to reply to "14 days" email? Or is there any other email address?

Thanks.

GLEX6000
12th Jun 2018, 20:32
Hi All,
Anyone starting the intro week 16th of July?And the type in East Midlands 8th August on FR1816? Please PM if you are with us as we already have created a whatsapp group.
Cheers
G

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

sergeG
13th Jun 2018, 15:02
Hi to All,
I just received the phone call from CAE. Any body have assessment on June 25th?

Dynamite995
13th Jun 2018, 22:41
Reminder - CAE1811 Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235097020594116/

Send me a PM if you don't have Facebook. We have a WhatsApp group.

Intro week 16 July in EMA, type rating 15 August in AMS.

Peacockk
14th Jun 2018, 12:54
People who have attended two assessments. Did they change the personal interviewer?

hoduka
14th Jun 2018, 18:27
Hey guys!

Anyone on FR1817 EMA?

message me!

peroo
15th Jun 2018, 05:44
yes, me. :)

I am also going to FR1815. We should start a FB group...

gliderman13
15th Jun 2018, 10:30
Any WhattsApp group for FR1814 at East Midlands?

james297
15th Jun 2018, 11:06
yes, me. :)

Just set up a facebook group for this - look for: Ryanair FR1815 Type Rating EMA

james297
15th Jun 2018, 11:30
Anyone on FR1815 starting 9th of July in EMA?

Hey - I just set this up.
Look for Ryanair FR1815 Type Rating EMA

Daniel7378
15th Jun 2018, 13:56
Good evening all.

Initial application: 17/05/2018
Application complete: 30/05/2018
Phone call e-mail: 30/05/2018
Phone call itself: 31/05/2018
Assessment day: 14/06/2018

Who is also attending the assessment on this day?

Regards,

Daniel
Positive answer: 15/06/2018

cavosky
16th Jun 2018, 11:52
Guys, what is the pass rate? From your experience how many of you passed the day of the assessment?

gliderman13
17th Jun 2018, 09:08
Guys, what is the pass rate? From your experience how many of you passed the day of the assessment?

In my group 3/8.

ROMEOVICTOR
17th Jun 2018, 10:30

Very low! On my day 4/12

hoduka
17th Jun 2018, 16:04
Hey guys,

As this thread was really, helpful, I want to do my share aswell.

Started with the sim, radar dep, QDM, fly to a beacon then vectors, severe fire in the galley, cleared for the procedural ILS in Liverpool 27. In the sim, the controls were harder then I expected, but more stable as well, so after a few turns you will get used to it.
Brief-brief-brief!
You will have plenty of time, even if youre the first to the sim. Its really important that you are on the same page! Things can get really congested, especially after the emergency, they might clear you to approach when you are flying with 250, and 2000 feet higher than you supposed to be so just generally now what you can and cant do, if not, ask for delay vectors or join the holding (even for a half, at least you are descending in the protected area), and you are properly get set up for the approach. If you have to opportunity practice in a 737 sim beforehand, to know where things are, for your own and for your partners good aswell. I used the one at Budapest, Pilots Simulator Center, with the help of good instructors for a reasonable price.
Help your PF if he/she gets a bit overloaded. Shall I ask for lower, I would suggest this heading for intercept etc. For example, after reading back a clearence, I put my hand to the MCP, as a reminder, same after gear/flap selection. If still no response, shall I set speed 170 would be a good reminder for your PF Ask,/ ask if we are ready for the checklists.

For me the interview was a fun conversation about aviation, had to explain a few things fro the really nice HR lady who was there at the assesment. But then again, the others had different impressions from the other training Cpt assesing them.

Got the positive message the day after. I dont think that looking at the pass rates gives you anything away, It seemed that if you are good enough, they will hire you. So if there are 12 good ones on the they, they will hire the 12, if there are 2 hitting the mark, then 2.

Good luck guys!

PS.: Anyone on FR1817 message me!:)

Mfgfr0
17th Jun 2018, 21:42
I guess it depends but on my day were 3 of 12

eay
18th Jun 2018, 07:43
Anyone for assessment on 26th of June?

knobv
18th Jun 2018, 09:18
Hi guys.

Just a question about the documents you have to bring on the day.
When do you show these and what is the process like?
Does it matter if your original references are digital but with a signature on it etc?
And can they be older than 1 year?

Regards!

Peacockk
18th Jun 2018, 12:42
are they still mixing nationalities, aren't they?

Banana Joe
18th Jun 2018, 14:24
Do you want them to hold interviews based on nationalities, such as on Monday only Italians, on Tuesday only Spanish, and so on?

lhc7664
18th Jun 2018, 15:12
Hello there,

Im following this thread with great interest, so first of all a big thank you to all who are contributing with great feedback and invaluable knowledge to a lot of us!

Im considering applying for Ryanair as well, but have a question regarding the expenses for the type rating.

The sponsored scheme is a one off payment to Ryanair of €5000. Will there be any more expenses to cover directly to Ryanair? For instanse uniforms etc.?

And for the type rating itself, what can one expect to pay in total? It’s a 5-6 weeks course in East Midlands (or Amsterdam?), so I assume the cadets are responsible for, and paying for their own accommodation and living expenses during the course?
I mean a hotel for 6 weeks is quite a considerable expense, so do Ryanair perhaps provide any form for cheaper options?

Thanks,
Las

Peacockk
19th Jun 2018, 07:54
Do you want them to hold interviews based on nationalities, such as on Monday only Italians, on Tuesday only Spanish, and so on?
Then, It would be too fun and nobody get the job haha

Daniel7378
19th Jun 2018, 11:26
Hello all.

Anyone on CAE 1813 Amsterdam? I created a Facebook group feel free to join.

Name of the group: Ryanair CAE1813 Type Rating Amsterdam

Daniel

Ricc.FO
20th Jun 2018, 10:33
Hi! I'm one of them but I can't send PM. how should we get in contact?

Daniel7378
20th Jun 2018, 19:56
Hi! I'm one of them but I can't send PM. how should we get in contact?

Search for the facebook group.

Ryanair CAE1813 Type Rating Amsterdam

Daniell

Dynamite995
20th Jun 2018, 20:33
Hello there,

Im following this thread with great interest, so first of all a big thank you to all who are contributing with great feedback and invaluable knowledge to a lot of us!

Im considering applying for Ryanair as well, but have a question regarding the expenses for the type rating.

The sponsored scheme is a one off payment to Ryanair of €5000. Will there be any more expenses to cover directly to Ryanair? For instanse uniforms etc.?

And for the type rating itself, what can one expect to pay in total? It’s a 5-6 weeks course in East Midlands (or Amsterdam?), so I assume the cadets are responsible for, and paying for their own accommodation and living expenses during the course?
I mean a hotel for 6 weeks is quite a considerable expense, so do Ryanair perhaps provide any form for cheaper options?

Thanks,
Las

You need to pay for Irish licence transfer, your airside ID and your uniform besides the 5000 euro.

You also cover all living and travel expenses during your type rating. They only send you a list of recommended accommodation (hotels, houses etc.) for your training location.

riccardooferri
21st Jun 2018, 16:41
Hey guys, Anyone for assessment on 4th of July?

cx1990
21st Jun 2018, 20:51
You need to pay for Irish licence transfer, your airside ID and your uniform besides the 5000 euro.

You also cover all living and travel expenses during your type rating. They only send you a list of recommended accommodation (hotels, houses etc.) for your training location.

Hi just following alone with the question, so how much do you reckon it would overall realistically 7000-8000 euros? even more? perhaps

FIT_pilot
21st Jun 2018, 20:55
mine was 3/12 from what I heared

Dynamite995
21st Jun 2018, 21:49
Hi just following alone with the question, so how much do you reckon it would overall realistically 7000-8000 euros? even more? perhaps

That sounds about right, maybe a bit more (not counting your assessment expenses).

jmthepilot
22nd Jun 2018, 00:50

lhc7664
22nd Jun 2018, 11:26
That sounds about right, maybe a bit more (not counting your assessment expenses).

Thanks for the reply. So 7-8000 besides the initial 5000 to Ryanair? 12-13000 euros total?

cx1990
22nd Jun 2018, 18:28
Friends who have gone through this program say that besides the 5000 you give to Ryanair, you probably need another 4/5000 for other expenses. The good thing is that now they pay a salary as soon as you pass your base training so that will surely help.

Hi, Did your friend say anything about how much the salary is while base training? also I presume it reverts to per block hours after line training, did your friend mention any decrease in pay compared to guys who paid fully for the TR, 29,000 euros

Been trying to get this info for a while now. your help will be much appreciated
Many thanks

am111
22nd Jun 2018, 21:27
@cx1990 - Here you go...

Will.I.am
24th Jun 2018, 08:11
What if you fail the training while you signed the bonding? You still owe the full amount?

Kakaru
24th Jun 2018, 18:50
Hi folks,

I know this has been asked previously, but I find the feedback so far is a bit confusing and contradicting. I would appreciate if anyone could clarify.

Is this an official requirement to have the first time pass in the Instrument Rating? Are they explicitly asking this question during the initial phone call? Was anyone invited to an interview with a failed IR and was hired?

I saw someone's reply in this thread from 2017, when the candidate was hired with a partial pass at the first IR skill test.

But what if you failed the first attempt?

Daniel7378
24th Jun 2018, 19:23
Anyone on CAE1813 ? Intro EMA 6th of august / 5th of september TR Amsterdam?

Daniel

Tom4
25th Jun 2018, 10:15
Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for "Boeing 737 Rated First Officers - Bases Throughout Europe" in Ryanair.

I filled up a application form on their website directly for this senior first officer position. The day after I received email from the HR (I guess) when I am able to arrive for interview which will take place in Ryanair's Hangar in Stansted.

I answered for this email a 7 days ago but no any email received at all.

Do you have same experience? Or how long does it usually takes to select interview?

Sincerely Tomas.

I wish you all the best.

lisander1
26th Jun 2018, 13:10
Hey folks,

two quick things:

1) I have done a Upilot brush-up before the interview: as you already heard, the guy knows his stuff. He actually made me practice much more in those two hours than I was asked to do during the assessment sim. Money very well spent.
2) I have seen several type rating FB groups. More than one has the same starting date though: who starts on July 16th?

All the best.

jtcaviator
26th Jun 2018, 13:34
Anyone on CAE1813 ? Intro EMA 6th of august / 5th of september TR Amsterdam?

Daniel
Hi Daniel!
I have the same dates as you, intro EMA 6th of august / 5th of september TR Amsterdam.

EC.ICV
26th Jun 2018, 13:43
Any of the guys on the 25th had already news?

Daniel7378
26th Jun 2018, 20:48
Hi Daniel!
I have the same dates as you, intro EMA 6th of august / 5th of september TR Amsterdam.

Great!!!!
Join the FB group: Ryanair CAE1813 Type Rating Amsterdam

Daniel

Ricc.FO
28th Jun 2018, 07:35
Hi All,
Anyone starting the intro week 16th of July?And the type in East Midlands 8th August on FR1816? Please PM if you are with us as we already have created a whatsapp group.
Cheers
G

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

I'm one of them! add me on facebook! Riccardo Candoni

Pap737
28th Jun 2018, 15:59
yes what you want to ask

itchybumba
28th Jun 2018, 16:38
Anyone who is on FR1819, starting the induction week at EMA on 6th August and then doing the TR at EMA - please feel free to join the facebook group i have just set up called FR1819!

AEE10
28th Jun 2018, 16:57

Hello. Did you pass the assesment of the 25th June?

Daniel7378
28th Jun 2018, 17:02
I had my assessment yesterday and got the positive reply today.
the layout of the day was exactly like everyone on here described. Sim was very chilled, they really want you to pass so just relax and give it all you got. HR interview was easy for me, technical was very, very basic, cant believe i studied so much for it, with this basic questions asked. The day before I went to Upilot, and honestly I can't recommend it enough. The young guy was at Upilot, and he though me more in 2 hours there then what a KLM chief pilot thought my in 6 hours on the 73 sim. Really great and affordable. Thanks to everyone on the forum for there input, it really helped me tor prepare. And all the best to folks applying in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

Congratz Dave !

EC.ICV
29th Jun 2018, 11:02
Okey, quick explanation on how my day went.

Application send: 25/05/2018
Confirmation: same day
Call email: 07/06/2018
Call: 08/06/2018
Assessment: 25/06/2018
Answer: 28/06/2018

The day started as everybody have described before, quick tour showing Ryanair HQ, jokes here and there and so on.
One-hour briefing and then got paired. My colleague and I were the first to go into the sim.

SIM: Liverpool
As PM: we got std SID WAL2T some, qdm, qdr, emergency (toilet fire), no radar service, so full procedural ILS (with a holding), and the PF decided to call for a Go Around as he thought the approach was unstable. Got repositioned and landed with no probs.
As PF: radar vectors departure, qdm, medical emergency, radar vectors to ILS, and landed. To be honest I did a great ILS, but then I landed a bit to too the right of the runway centerline. Captain asked me why and he repositioned me again on final and this time landed on the centerline.

Interview
As everybody says, nothing that haven't been said before, but I will write it, so you won't have to scroll up during 2h.
HR was first:
Why do you want to become a pilot.
Why you left your university degree half a way.
Why did you change of flight school in the middle of your training.
Any others assessments coming up?
If they offer you the job, which one would you choose.
Most difficult part of your training.
Maybe there's another one, but can't remember.
Then before finishing, she asked me If I could start first week of August. And if I would rather the 29.500k contract or the 5000 and 5 years bond one.

After that was the Tech part, very easy, no tricks, really quick. The same captain who did the sim with us, pointed a 737 pic on the wall and started asking questions, about the 737.
How many seats
Engine type
Wing type
How many swept angle
Why swept angle
Hydraulic sys. Pressure. How many pumps per system. What do they power
Then he started to laugh and advised, think the question before answer, you can see it on the picture. How many engines does the 737 have? And I was about to answer 2 when I realized that he was looking for 3, as the APU is an engine.
What systems does the APU power
Difference between the leading edge flaps and slats on the 737.
What does a slat and what a flap.
And that was all. At the end he asked me again when I could start.

I left very happy as I thought I was in because of the type of questions.

The following days were tough, as almost all of you get the positive answer the day after. And when I was thinking the worst because it was the third day after the assessment and no answer yet, suddenly in the afternoon I received the email saying that I was offered the job as cadet.

Hope it helps, every interview is different. As someone has stated before, during the interview they will ask you about what you know, so if for example you're not completely sure how to explain the way a High Bypass engine works, then if they ask you 737 engines, answer just CFM56-7 instead of High Bypass CFM56-7 rated at ...... because then they will ask you about that.
Now waiting for their call and see which dates they offer, so I will post here as soon as I can confirm it.

Nicoloriva737
29th Jun 2018, 14:54
Applied for Ryanair on 13/06/2018.
Email and phone call from CAE the day after to fix an interview for the 27th of June, so two days ago, and yesterday I got the email that I was successful!
I was also told they would book me into a type rating starting in August and now I am waiting for the phone call to know the exact details.

Since this forum was quite helpful I'd like to share my experience for people going to the interview in the future.

HR and Technical interview;
To prepare to the technical interview I revised directly from the ATPL books, I extrapolated as much questions as possible from this forum and I also bought a one month subscription from the website latestpilotjobs.com which basically contains questions both technical and from the HR that were asked to previous candidates.
As for me, I was initially asked a question from my resumé since I did a stage in a controlled tower when I was at the high school and so the assessor asked me what ATC is.
Then general questions such as;
- What type of navaids you had in the area where you did your training and what is the range of them
- Difference between rhumb line and great circle
- How does a thunderstorm create
- Why do we have MZFM
I didn't get any questions regarding the 737 and my previous multi-engine.

As for the HR interview it was basically a conversation regarding what I did in my life and basically for me it was about high school and flight school since I'm 19, why Ryanair, what do you see yourself in five years and that's it.

Simulator;
We flew out of Liverpool runway 27, WAL2T departure initially.
Remember to brief the SID and emergency before and after V1.
When I was PF I got an amended departure; climb straight ahead till 2nm after the ILS DME and then turn right heading 180°.
Then I was asked to to some turn, climb, descent acceleration and deceleration. At this point I was asked on which QDM I was and to intercept and track another QDM to eventually enter into the holding over LPL NDB.
Once in the hold SIM was frozen and I got a call from the cabin, it was severe smoke in the galley and at this point they want you to do FORDEC/DODAR and NITS.
We were then repositioned and asked both to determine position autonomously and then approach briefing followed by the ILS raw data.

When I was PM it was almost the same, only difference my partner had to fly standard SID.
They want good CRM in the cockpit so just brief what you are going to do (e.g. holding briefing, approach briefing) and when you are PM try to assist as much as possible your PM.

iuliano20
30th Jun 2018, 13:34
Anyone on the FR1818?
Thanks

Aleafa
30th Jun 2018, 14:55
Anyone on the FR1818?
Thanks
I am!
PM me and lets try to create whatsapp group!

aviationfanatic
30th Jun 2018, 21:51
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a call from CAE?

iuliano20
1st Jul 2018, 11:49
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a call from CAE?

At the moment it takes around a month.

Keane1981
2nd Jul 2018, 10:58
Hi!!!

Some questions for the second attempt experienced people:

do we have to wait 6 months and use a new e-mail?
My training request date on cae website was 24/03/2018 so, can I re-apply next 24/09/2018?

Thanks for you help!

Banana Joe
2nd Jul 2018, 11:38
I think you don't need to reapply, they will simply call you again if they are interested.

flapsupboy
3rd Jul 2018, 05:15
Applied for Ryanair on 13/06/2018.
Email and phone call from CAE the day after to fix an interview for the 27th of June, so two days ago, and yesterday I got the email that I was successful!
I was also told they would book me into a type rating starting in August and now I am waiting for the phone call to know the exact details.

Since this forum was quite helpful I'd like to share my experience for people going to the interview in the future.

HR and Technical interview;
To prepare to the technical interview I revised directly from the ATPL books, I extrapolated as much questions as possible from this forum and I also bought a one month subscription from the website latestpilotjobs.com which basically contains questions both technical and from the HR that were asked to previous candidates.
As for me, I was initially asked a question from my resumé since I did a stage in a controlled tower when I was at the high school and so the assessor asked me what ATC is.
Then general questions such as;
- What type of navaids you had in the area where you did your training and what is the range of them
- Difference between rhumb line and great circle
- How does a thunderstorm create
- Why do we have MZFM
I didn't get any questions regarding the 737 and my previous multi-engine.

As for the HR interview it was basically a conversation regarding what I did in my life and basically for me it was about high school and flight school since I'm 19, why Ryanair, what do you see yourself in five years and that's it.

Simulator;
We flew out of Liverpool runway 27, WAL2T departure initially.
Remember to brief the SID and emergency before and after V1.
When I was PF I got an amended departure; climb straight ahead till 2nm after the ILS DME and then turn right heading 180°.
Then I was asked to to some turn, climb, descent acceleration and deceleration. At this point I was asked on which QDM I was and to intercept and track another QDM to eventually enter into the holding over LPL NDB.
Once in the hold SIM was frozen and I got a call from the cabin, it was severe smoke in the galley and at this point they want you to do FORDEC/DODAR and NITS.
We were then repositioned and asked both to determine position autonomously and then approach briefing followed by the ILS raw data.

When I was PM it was almost the same, only difference my partner had to fly standard SID.
They want good CRM in the cockpit so just brief what you are going to do (e.g. holding briefing, approach briefing) and when you are PM try to assist as much as possible your PM.

Are you 19 years old or you started training when you were 19 years?

Raph737
3rd Jul 2018, 13:01
I had my assessment yesterday and got the positive reply today.
The layout of the day was exactly like everyone on here described. Sim was very chilled, they really want you to pass so just relax and give it all you got. HR interview was easy for me, technical was very, very basic, cant believe i studied so much for it, with this basic questions asked. The day before I went to Upilot, and honestly I can't recommend it enough. The young guy was at Upilot, and he though me more in 2 hours there then what a KLM chief pilot thought my in 6 hours on the 73 sim. Really great and affordable. Thanks to everyone on the forum for there input, it really helped me tor prepare. And all the best to folks applying in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

We were on the same assessment, congratulations. Did you get any further information from CAE yet? all I've got was the email and call directly from Ryanair, booking me in for the 13th Aug. I have no cause number or further info as of yet.

cheers

Nicoloriva737
3rd Jul 2018, 14:49
Are you 19 years old or you started training when you were 19 years?

I am 19 years old at the moment.

Nicoloriva737
3rd Jul 2018, 14:50
Anyone joining CAE1814 with intro week in East Midlands starting on the 13th of August and type rating in Amsterdam on the 12th of Septembers?

Nicoloriva737
3rd Jul 2018, 17:23
Hi again guys and girls, anyone on the CAE1814 AMS(13th AUG at EMA)?

I am starting on that day as well!
Let's get in touch if you want.

EC.ICV
3rd Jul 2018, 17:32
Also in CAE1814! Any Fb group already created?

brtNL
3rd Jul 2018, 18:53
Anyone joining CAE1814 with intro week in East Midlands starting on the 13th of August and type rating in Amsterdam on the 12th of Septembers?

Hi again guys and girls, anyone on the CAE1814 AMS(13th AUG at EMA)?

I'm also starting 13th of august at EMA and 12th of Sept in AMS. I just created a facebook group called CAE1814. Feel free to join!

JPdb
3rd Jul 2018, 19:03
Hi Raph, I'm also on CAE1814. I have created a facebook group: Ryanair CAE1814 Amsterdam

JPdb
3rd Jul 2018, 19:04
Hi Nicoloriva, I'm also on CAE1814, you can join on facebook: Ryanair CAE1814 Amsterdam

JPdb
4th Jul 2018, 07:52
Nicoloriva737 Something went wrong on facebook, feel free to join again.

Pawel1
4th Jul 2018, 07:52
Hello, is there anybody on FR1820 in East Midlands starting 20th August? Please join Facebook group FR1820

FoxtrotCharlie7
4th Jul 2018, 14:59
Hello,
Today I received the phone call from CAE. Anyone attending assessment on the 18th of July?
I may visit Upilot. :)

flapsupboy
4th Jul 2018, 15:57
I am 19 years old at the moment.
Can u turn on PM. I have some questions if you don't mind ;)

cx1990
4th Jul 2018, 16:59
How likely are you to get your 3 base choices and if unable how long and easily can you move your base with ryanair? anyone with the inside knowledge help please
man thanks

Nicoloriva737
4th Jul 2018, 18:17
Hi Nicoloriva, I'm also on CAE1814, you can join on facebook: Ryanair CAE1814 Amsterdam

I have sent the request to join, thanks a lot!

fastandlow
5th Jul 2018, 10:34
Anyone who had the interview on July 3rd and received the outcome? I am still waiting for my result whereas all of you here received it the next day?

Hi, i received the positive E-mail this morning! Wish you the best of luck!

marcio.valente
5th Jul 2018, 11:20
Hey guys, Anyone for assessment on 4th of July?

Riccardo, did you get answer?

stefanwest1
6th Jul 2018, 19:10
Anybody on FR1820 at EMA??

flyiesa737
6th Jul 2018, 19:11
Anybody direct entry for the course on 13th of August got documents yet?

Aleafa
8th Jul 2018, 21:16
Anyone on course FR1818 in east midlands 30th July 2018 feel free to join facebook group called "FR1818"

riccardooferri
9th Jul 2018, 17:10
Anyone on course CAE1815 in AMS?

YouDoNotWantToKnow
9th Jul 2018, 19:36
Anyone in CAE1815? Is there a facebook group?

cavok82
10th Jul 2018, 14:50
I'll have my assessment on 16th of July. Anybody on the same date ?

cavosky
10th Jul 2018, 16:16
When did you apply?

CAVOK4
10th Jul 2018, 16:28
Hello there,
Does anyone knows how long should it take to CAE or RYR for the phone-call to be made?
I applied June 28th, got the 'phone-call's email' on July 5th, but still no call.
I know the 14 days that they consider for the call, but I'd like to know if anyone could give his/her feedback about timing.
Thanks a lot to anyone's going to answer it.

Cheers
Good luck everyone.

Larpa3Q
10th Jul 2018, 17:24
Do you know if the APS interview for applicants without the MCC is the same as the one in the Cadet process?
I saw a couple of early posts from the beginning of the year that suggest so. But, if the applicant didn't do the MCC-JOC course, I guess that the sim would be much harder, right?

cavok82
10th Jul 2018, 18:32
I applied May 25th

Sulay89
11th Jul 2018, 10:03
Hello guys I have applied to ryr 29 June and I have received an email 6 days ago telling me my "application is under review". Is this normal I was just expecting and email regarding the phone call is this happening for everyone ? Many thanks

riccardooferri
11th Jul 2018, 10:41
Anyone in CAE1815? Is there a facebook group?
Here I am, no Facebook group at the moment.
We can do it!!

RomanK
11th Jul 2018, 15:29
Hello guys I have applied to ryr 29 June and I have received an email 6 days ago telling me my "application is under review". Is this normal I was just expecting and email regarding the phone call is this happening for everyone ? Many thanks

Just wait for 2 extra mails: 'Your application is complete' and 'Wait a call within next 2 weeks'

Stick_pusher
12th Jul 2018, 19:36
Hello guys,

As this forum was pretty useful for me to prepare, I thought I ’d give my feedback on my assessment.

About me:
I am 24 years old, finished my ATPL and earned my licenses in the beginning of February 2018 with 145 hours+60 FNPTII. I have a degree in transportation engineering (BsC) and a year experience as a simulator technician in an FNPTII sim.

Application process:

1st: 14th of Feb to APC with e-mail on 28th of Feb about oncoming call then mail about the closure of APC on 7th March.

2nd: applied to the bonded scheme on 7th of March, received the e-mail about completed application on 20th March ,will call e-mail on 6th of April, and call on 13th of April.

Assessment:

I got the date for the 2nd May with 11 other guys. I was scheduled to the afternoon group with 3 really nice lads. We were met by the assessors in the hall at 12 o’ clock and guided through the building to our area where the assessment was about to take place. Our assessor was a nice and experienced captain who gave us a briefing about how things going to happen, and then he asked for our paper work and gave us the charts and let us do the briefing with our partner.

Technical interview:

I prepared a lot for the technical because I expected a wide variety of questions from different ATPL subjects due to my low flying experience. I went back to my flight school a week before my assessment to have an hour of flying with the Be76 which I did my ME/IR on just to refresh both manual skills and AFM as well. I got the following questions:

Be76 related: Max Xwind, VNE,VFE , VLO (What speed and what is it?) ENG type. Why is it a good plane for training? (No Crit Eng and it has a T-tail) What is CritEng? What advantages does a T-tail have? What kind of prop does it have? What happens with a constant speed prop’s RPM if we descend? What happens with it if you suddenly pitch up the aircraft? What is the CRZ MAP and RPM setting?

Other technical questions: What are the advantages of stabilizers? What are the disadvantages of swept wings? How many Pax maximum on 737-800? How many 737-800 does RYR have? In a METAR what is BR and how is „Snow Grains” coded? What is TEM (Threat and Error Management)? What Threats can I think of in the upcoming simulator session? (New partner, different MCC, different charts( we used Jeppesen back in my school)) How can we reduce those threats? ( comprehensive briefing what I answered) How does the TCAS work? What does it communicate with? How does the radio altimeter work? What is TAT? Do you know anything about CFIT?( I told them that I wrote part of my final thesis about it so then we jumped to the next question :) )

Simulator:

After the technical we had about 45 minutes to wait so we did another briefing with my partner. I was paired with a really nice French guy who also really wanted to get the job so he prepared very well. I suggest taking the free time you have to go through the briefing in small details, who is doing what, what speeds, what actions and so on, because things in the sim are going to happen pretty fast. We had Liverpool that day, SID departure then aerial work, QDM,QDR capturing then company message that the DEST is closed and we shall return to Liverpool. We made a DODAR then APP briefing. I have forgotten to give the FA a NITS briefing so later he ”came in” and advised that we have smoke in the aft cabin. We decided to continue without further actions back to LPL, we declared and EMER and meanwhile I gave a NITS briefing as I realised that probably that’s why the smoke scenario was made up. Then ILS approach, seat swap, same things but we had a sick passenger in the next round.

I am not giving such detailed feedback about the sim because each scenario can be different, but as long as you think and communicate as a team and you are able to fly and operate the aircraft safely it should be all right.

I stayed in an Airbnb house just 10 minutes walk from the HQ where I met some guys arriving for the Wing Ceremony so it was a good place to stay. The house is operated by Brian who was very helpful and a nice host.
For the technical I prepared from Pprune and used the Ace the technical pilot interview book as well as my ATPL notes.

For the simulator I was lucky enough to have a 737 in Hungary which is pretty cheap, around 50 EUR/hr on weekdays in a company called Pilots Simulator Center. The sim is very well built, however it has no force on the stick which makes it harder to properly fly the aircraft but it takes around 30mins to get used to it and then you will be pretty happy how stable the sim is on the assessment.

I wish everyone the best for the assessment. I won’t tell that you should not worry because probably you will, but prepare, and then it will be a great experience.

Hey man, might be a silly question but I have to clarify that for myself - when they tell you to fly QDM and QDR how is this thing really happens?
they just tell you "Fly QDM of 250" and then you need to fly 250 inbound on the 070 radial?
or for example, "Fly outbound on a 020 QDR" and then you need to fly 020 heading on that radial?

I would be happy if you can clarify that please :-)

fastandlow
13th Jul 2018, 07:28
Anyone on CAE1818 in AMS? Is there a whatsapp group to join?
Cheers

Byrne11
13th Jul 2018, 13:14
Folks, whats the average time from applying to RYR via CAE as a cadet and them then getting back to you?

CAVOK4
13th Jul 2018, 13:17
Folks, whats the average time from applying to RYR via CAE as a cadet and them then getting back to you?

Hi Byrne11, once you've applied it takes almost one week to get their first email back.
Good luck with your selection process!
Cheers!
​​​​​​
​​​​​

Byrne11
13th Jul 2018, 14:36
Hi Byrne11, once you've applied it takes almost one week to get their first email back.
Good luck with your selection process!
Cheers!
​​​​​​
​​​​​

Thank you! Is it usually a month for an assessment then?

CAVOK4
13th Jul 2018, 15:01
Thank you! Is it usually a month for an assessment then?

You're welcome! Yes then it SHOULD be approximately one month! Unfortunately I can't be absolutely sure because I'm stuck right now waiting for their call. But until now, they've been absolutely on time and these should definitely be the right timing between application and assessment.
Cheers and good luck!

hoduka
14th Jul 2018, 07:16
Hey man, might be a silly question but I have to clarify that for myself - when they tell you to fly QDM and QDR how is this thing really happens?
they just tell you "Fly QDM of 250" and then you need to fly 250 inbound on the 070 radial?
or for example, "Fly outbound on a 020 QDR" and then you need to fly 020 heading on that radial?

I would be happy if you can clarify that please :-)

Hi,
Not the one you asked but I might help:)
So, if they say " Fly QDM 250 to XYZ", you have a look at your RMI, clairify where you are ( ie. which QDM you are on) then look for where to go and decide which way to turn to get there, bearing in mind the distance from the station to get an intercept heading around 30-45 degrees.
QDM automatically means that you are flying towards the station, which is radial 070.

Same with QDR, which is the radial from the station, RMI- where you are-where to go, where to turn.

If you remember, Push the head - pull the tail that will help. ( as whereever the RMI needle points is your current QDM and where the tail points its the QDR )

h

V0LC0M
16th Jul 2018, 13:01
Anyone was called recently for a second assessment?

Byrne11
16th Jul 2018, 14:00
Does any one know if requesting being bonded or paying for the type rating yourself makes a difference during the selection?

golfnovember
17th Jul 2018, 10:46
After a long wait, I finally got the "Your application is under review" email. How long does it take, more or less, to receive the next email if you are selectable?

Handzsa
17th Jul 2018, 13:58
Hi guys,
Anybody for CAE 1817 Amsterdam?

FoxtrottDelta
19th Jul 2018, 13:51
Hi Folks,

because of the fantastic information this thread provides, I want to share my experiences with the Ryanair Assessment as well.

Has been there on the end of June. First let me say that they try to ease you by creating a nice atmosphere. Especially the retired captain who is convoying you all over the day, doing the introduction, the SIM Briefing and even the SIM Assessment, is really funny and telling you a lot of jokes over the day. After the SIM Briefing you will be informed about the sponsored cadet programme and the conditions of the following contracts with Ryanair. If I understood it right every cadet is being offered a permanent RYR Contract after Line Training.

Interview:

The Assessment process started for me with the technical and HR interview. This was conducted by a really nice HR Lady and a kind and well experienced Captain.
HR questions were typical, as mentioned here many times before:

- Tell us about your career
- Tell us about your flight school
- Why do you want to be a pilot?
- What was your worst experience during pilot training?
- Notice Period, sponsored cadet programme, etc

After this part the captain took over and asked me questions in relation to my current Job, thereafter the typical ones followed:

- How do Thunderstorms form?
- How is a GPS working?
- How many redundancy systems has a 737?
- Explain the hydraulic system of the 737

Altogether it is an fair and enjoyable interview just the captain is trying to irritate you from time to time by asking questions during you are about to answer his proper question. Just stay cool and answer as good as you know.

After the interview, I and my SIM Partner went into the SIM and I started as PM first.

As briefed before (you have plenty of time to brief and go through the expected flight with your partner) we went out of Liverpool RWY 27, WAL 2T Departure, which is an easy one, I think.
When passing WAL you got some advices in regard of Air work. Normal rate turns, steep turns, high speed and low speed, were the tasks we had to fly. Now we got the instruction to proceed to LPL NDB with QDM of 340 from an actual QDM of 330. Remember the QDM rules, Push the head - pull the tail, or turn the needle (RMI) right by flying to the left and vice versa. After that we were advised to enter the hold overhead LPL from the southeast, which means, that we had to enter with the parallel entry procedure. Just when passing the fix we got a Smoke Emergency from the cabin and proceed further with DODAR and NITS. We declared the emergency via ATC, asked for a direct landing in Liverpool, briefed ourselves and informed the cabin about. Now the standard ILS RWY 27 followed without any specials expect a loss of GS Signal at 600ft but with visual contact to the Runway. My partner decided for a Go-Around and we started the missed approach procedure. Thereafter we were placed to the beginning of ILS approach RWY 27 again to conduct a second approach which has been finished successfully.
Same programme for me as PF with the GS loss, too. However I continued the approach in regard of visual contact to the runway and PAPI.

As written here many times before, they want to see good CRM skills and high teamwork capabilites. They know well, that you cannot control the 737 perfectly but want to see basic flying skills.

Prepared myself with pprune and booked a SIM session at Simtech in Dulbin the day before, which was really helpful.

After approx. 1,5h in the simulator, the assessment ended at lunch time and I felt really relieved and left the Ryanair HQ with good feelings.

Got the positive e-mail the day after J

Wishing you best of luck!

Ivan Stanev
19th Jul 2018, 18:32
Hi Riccardo, I created CAE 1815 facebook group, you are welcome to join.

CAVOK4
19th Jul 2018, 21:38
Hi Folks,

because of the fantastic information this thread provides, I want to share my experiences with the Ryanair Assessment as well.

Has been there on the end of June. First let me say that they try to ease you by creating a nice atmosphere. Especially the retired captain who is convoying you all over the day, doing the introduction, the SIM Briefing and even the SIM Assessment, is really funny and telling you a lot of jokes over the day. After the SIM Briefing you will be informed about the sponsored cadet programme and the conditions of the following contracts with Ryanair. If I understood it right every cadet is being offered a permanent RYR Contract after Line Training.

Interview:

The Assessment process started for me with the technical and HR interview. This was conducted by a really nice HR Lady and a kind and well experienced Captain.
HR questions were typical, as mentioned here many times before:

- Tell us about your career
- Tell us about your flight school
- Why do you want to be a pilot?
- What was your worst experience during pilot training?
- Notice Period, sponsored cadet programme, etc

After this part the captain took over and asked me questions in relation to my current Job, thereafter the typical ones followed:

- How do Thunderstorms form?
- How is a GPS working?
- How many redundancy systems has a 737?
- Explain the hydraulic system of the 737

Altogether it is an fair and enjoyable interview just the captain is trying to irritate you from time to time by asking questions during you are about to answer his proper question. Just stay cool and answer as good as you know.

After the interview, I and my SIM Partner went into the SIM and I started as PM first.

As briefed before (you have plenty of time to brief and go through the expected flight with your partner) we went out of Liverpool RWY 27, WAL 2T Departure, which is an easy one, I think.
When passing WAL you got some advices in regard of Air work. Normal rate turns, steep turns, high speed and low speed, were the tasks we had to fly. Now we got the instruction to proceed to LPL NDB with QDM of 340 from an actual QDM of 330. Remember the QDM rules, Push the head - pull the tail, or turn the needle (RMI) right by flying to the left and vice versa. After that we were advised to enter the hold overhead LPL from the southeast, which means, that we had to enter with the parallel entry procedure. Just when passing the fix we got a Smoke Emergency from the cabin and proceed further with DODAR and NITS. We declared the emergency via ATC, asked for a direct landing in Liverpool, briefed ourselves and informed the cabin about. Now the standard ILS RWY 27 followed without any specials expect a loss of GS Signal at 600ft but with visual contact to the Runway. My partner decided for a Go-Around and we started the missed approach procedure. Thereafter we were placed to the beginning of ILS approach RWY 27 again to conduct a second approach which has been finished successfully.
Same programme for me as PF with the GS loss, too. However I continued the approach in regard of visual contact to the runway and PAPI.

As written here many times before, they want to see good CRM skills and high teamwork capabilites. They know well, that you cannot control the 737 perfectly but want to see basic flying skills.

Prepared myself with pprune and booked a SIM session at Simtech in Dulbin the day before, which was really helpful.

After approx. 1,5h in the simulator, the assessment ended at lunch time and I felt really relieved and left the Ryanair HQ with good feelings.

Got the positive e-mail the day after J

Wishing you best of luck!

Thank you @foxtrottDelta!
Such an helpful and smart post!
Definitely usefull!!
Thank you really much,

Best luck with your new job!
Cheers

dimk
20th Jul 2018, 08:44
Hi FoxtrottDelta (https://www.pprune.org/members/480806-foxtrottdelta),

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Was the SIM paused during emergency?

BR

NICKCae92
20th Jul 2018, 10:32
Hi Guys,

Anyone on CAE1815 in AMS, if we are already few, I can open a facebook group.

Happy Landings

Ivan Stanev
20th Jul 2018, 12:46
Hello Nick, the facebook group is called cae 1815 :) you are welcome.

FoxtrottDelta
20th Jul 2018, 13:01
Thanks guys for your congrats!

@ dimk,

no, the SIM wasn´t paused but we were in the hold and i gave over the controls to PM to brief the emergency and for approach preparation. Same my partner did before. Wasn´t a problem so far and just after the briefing the assessor put us on the ILS.

@ Christ

Think so as well! Once you are stabilized and have visual contact to the runway you should continue the approach. In my opinion a G/A is not necessary. Talked about with an experienced Airline Pilot, he stated the same.

FoxtrotCharlie7
20th Jul 2018, 15:00
Hello all.
Regarding my assessment:

15th june: initial application
21st june: application under review
3rd july: phone call email
4th july: phone call
18th july: assessment

Regarding technical and HR questions, as stated in this thread, everything is here.
SIM: TNT2N (EAST MIDLANDS RWY27) SID, initial climb 5000ft, airwork, position in chart, sick pax, DODAR NITS, vectors to ILS. The same as PM, but ATC strike instead.
SIM was not paused at any moment.

I booked 2 hours at Upilot, had a wonderful experience. Refreshed my CRM skills after MCCJOC and practiced SID and ILS + interview questions style. He also sent me a preparation package in order to study before sitting in the sim. I really recommend attending if you can, John really knows his stuff.

Email unsuccessful today. My group success rate 2/8.

Best of luck

Byrne11
21st Jul 2018, 16:00
Does anyone have any experience with Simcheck flight simulation in Dublin?

Trying to decide where to go, I've been to SimTech before and I've heard reports Upilot as well.

user2803
22nd Jul 2018, 22:14
hello
I have a question
For those guys that had no experience with B737 regarding navigation (pfd / nd) etc
did you find it easy to understand how things work just by 2-4 hour sim preparation?
What do you suggest for someone that has never worked with that system?

Banana Joe
22nd Jul 2018, 23:39
It's actually very easy on the NG. Try to get some time on X-Plane or Prepar3D with a proper 737NG add-on and play a bit with the EFIS control panel. You will have the ND in full compass mode and you can use the bearing pointers both for the ADF and VOR.

knobv
23rd Jul 2018, 09:38
Hi Guys,

Just some feedback from the assessment.
Overall its a very nice experience and if you are confident in your skills you have nothing to worry about.
Suit up, go in with a smile and do your best!
All the technical stuff is on this thread so you have no excuse not to be ready for the question they can ask you.
Remember that the Sim and HR interview are the most important. So practice possible HR question with someone so you have an idea of what you are going to say.
The key thing they look for in the sim is team work. I would advise people who have never flown in a 737 sim before to do a session before you go in. This is not required but it should help you with your confidence. Normal SID with FD on, steep turn, radial intercept, QDM intercept and raw data ILS approach.
Make sure all your paperwork is complete.

Got the positive reply the next day.

All the best guys, prepare well and be yourself.

LQM
24th Jul 2018, 07:01
Quite a while, but is there already anyone for CAE1819 AMS starting on 15th of October? You are welcome to join the facebook group CAE1819 AMS.

Sulay89
24th Jul 2018, 07:55
Hello guys, i have sent my application on the 29th June received email "application under review " on the 5th July and since no news I'm a little bit worried... any of you are in the same situation .
many thanks

knobv
24th Jul 2018, 20:46
People on the CAE1817 course? Lets get in contact.

FoxtrotCharlie7
24th Jul 2018, 23:40
Hello guys, i have sent my application on the 29th June received email "application under review " on the 5th July and since no news I'm a little bit worried... any of you are in the same situation .
many thanks

Have you read my comment? Here, I'll paste it for you:

I waited patiently for 12 days and you haven't even waited for a week?
Sit tight, your phone call email will arrive

Sulay89
25th Jul 2018, 07:59
Have you read my comment? Here, I'll paste it for you:

I waited patiently for 12 days and you haven't even waited for a week?
Sit tight, your phone call email will arrive

you misunderstand me I'm waiting since 5th July so 3 weeks since my application is under review

knobv
25th Jul 2018, 08:37
I created a Facebook group for all those on CAE1817. That is also the name of the group.

Larpa3Q
25th Jul 2018, 09:32
Hello !
Has anybody tried the APS-MCC application instead of the cadet program?
I have heard that the interview is the same, but all applicants of that day are applying for the APS. Is that correct?

Skyhigh_
25th Jul 2018, 12:17
Hello !
Has anybody tried the APS-MCC application instead of the cadet program?
I have heard that the interview is the same, but all applicants of that day are applying for the APS. Is that correct?

It's a different Cadet programme as far as I know

cessna172r.
25th Jul 2018, 14:09
Hi Folks,

I have recently applied to the Ryanair Cadet Type-Rating Program.

Application date- 19/07/2019

I then received an email from CAE on the 19/07/2018 to confirm that my application was “under review”.

I then received another email from CAE on 19/07/2018 to say the next stage of the application process is to complete an Online Assessment consisting of 6 tests and a short interview at a cost of €55.. Since then I have completed the Online Assessment and interview (Multi-tasking, Spacial Awareness, Tech Test 30 questions- (ATPL) Etc..)

Im just curious to see if any other applicants have had to go through this process and what the time scale on the reply is?

mobie737
25th Jul 2018, 14:16
Hey guys, is there a new online test which has to be done before RYR invites the candidate to the assessment?

himmelhund1702
25th Jul 2018, 14:45
Yes, it looks like. Yesterday I´ve received an invitation for this test, as well. According to the mail, it will take 60 minutes. But I still have not understood the included video interview.....
Will the questions be displayed on the monitor and I´ll have to give the answer in front of my webcam?

user2803
25th Jul 2018, 18:59
Guys can someone provide more info regarding the online test and interview ? What’s up with that ?

federico95
25th Jul 2018, 22:15
Did you for the APS MCC ?
cause I did apply for the normal scheme as I already have an mcc and I did not receive this test.
good luck and let us knows how it goes

Stick_pusher
26th Jul 2018, 06:14
It looks like it depends on the date you applied. I think that whoever applied from around 16.7 will get a link to this online assessment.
The requirement have already been added to their website.

nicktsio
26th Jul 2018, 07:17
Hi all

I have an assessment on the 27th of August, would anyone else who does like to pair up at upilot on the 26th?

davidteen14
26th Jul 2018, 08:30
I'm really curious why they introduced this additional step.

Stick_pusher
26th Jul 2018, 10:54
If anyone pass this online assessment and get an interview please share..

FoxtrotCharlie7
26th Jul 2018, 12:21
you misunderstand me I'm waiting since 5th July so 3 weeks since my application is under review

My mistake, you are completely right.
Apologies.

Maybe they are taking a bit longer due to the new test? First time I see such news...

Sulay89
26th Jul 2018, 15:04
My mistake, you are completely right.
Apologies.

Maybe they are taking a bit longer due to the new test? First time I see such news...
No problem I have received themail email about the call yesterday morning.
initial application 29.06 and no online test for me

ninerzero
26th Jul 2018, 17:16
hey guys does anybody know which questions will be asked during the video interview in the new online assessment for Ryanair?

I would appreciate any information regarding this assessment. Thank you very much!

Johnny Tango
27th Jul 2018, 18:55
and any answers after the online test?

Liqour
29th Jul 2018, 17:21
The online test includes:
Time of reaction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkRpwqqy9Pg
Multi-tasking capability: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE04ioNINvk
30 ATPL questions (30 random - I believe its from the ATPL Question Bank)
Spatial orientation (NDB): www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfRGgOzCGc
Monitoring ability: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuD3pAME5jw
1 more exercise I can't remember.
I would recommend luizmonteiro to practice NDB position awareness aswell!
Before each exercise you get the opportunity to practice.

The online interview is 3 questions. The questions is written, but answered as video and I got questions:
Why do you want to become a pilot?
Why do you want to join Ryanair?
What will you do in case the Captain doesn't follow the SOP?

I believe, time of reaction, multi tasking, spatial orientation and the monitoring ability is same for all.
I believe there is different questions for the online interview.
Nothing mentioned above means that you get the same, but that's my experience with the online test.

Best of luck! :)

Michael Newman
30th Jul 2018, 13:46
Hi,

I just received this invitation to online assessment, of course, I needed to pay €55.
Can You give me some tips, how to prepare? What they asking about.

Hi,
I finished this part and passed.

First 5 exercise was like a video game, quite easy. I think no needed special preparation.

Then ATPL it was multiple choice, but time was limited- 30 questions in 10 minutes. So You have about 20 second on each.... and it was a normal ATPL question like on an exam. Sometimes reading a question and answers takes about 20 seconds. Last 5 questions was blind shooting.

And last part: video interview. You read a question and have 30-60 sec for it and preparation. Then You need to talk lil bit.
Prepare standard HR questions like: Why RYR? Your strenghts. Tell me about You aviation career etc.

Good Luck Guys!

flyerflyer1
31st Jul 2018, 08:35
He just did above.

mobie737
31st Jul 2018, 09:11
The online test includes:
Time of reaction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkRpwqqy9Pg
Multi-tasking capability: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE04ioNINvk
30 ATPL questions (30 random - I believe its from the ATPL Question Bank)
Spatial orientation (NDB): www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfRGgOzCGc
Monitoring ability: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuD3pAME5jw
1 more exercise I can't remember.
I would recommend luizmonteiro to practice NDB position awareness aswell!
Before each exercise you get the opportunity to practice.

The online interview is 3 questions. The questions is written, but answered as video and I got questions:
Why do you want to become a pilot?
Why do you want to join Ryanair?
What will you do in case the Captain doesn't follow the SOP?

I believe, time of reaction, multi tasking, spatial orientation and the monitoring ability is same for all.
I believe there is different questions for the online interview.
Nothing mentioned above means that you get the same, but that's my experience with the online test.

Best of luck! :)

Thank you for your post! Is it for sure that RYR is using the tests from cut-e?

Flyer-Tyler
31st Jul 2018, 12:32
How long after registering/paying for the online assessments are people receiving the email with the link? I registered/paid this morning but haven’t got anything yet...

Peacockk
1st Aug 2018, 12:31
So, some people have to do the test and some keep going straight to the assessment, right?

Banana Joe
1st Aug 2018, 15:23
A friend has been invited to the assessment for a second time, six months after his first attempt. He does not have to do the online test.

Johnny Tango
1st Aug 2018, 15:39
I recived the link after one hour of payment, the link and password is valid only 5 days.
I do the tests online last week wednesday till today no aswer.
Have somebody received any answer or invitation after the online assessment?

janzerer
1st Aug 2018, 16:12
Hi everyone.

Quick question. I have applied as a NON TR FO.

Cheers.

May I ask how did you apply as an NTR FO? I can't find any application links on their website as NTR FO. I sent the recruiting department my stuff via email almost 2 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I wonder if I need to re-apply in a different way or just wait. Thnx

RomanK
1st Aug 2018, 17:02
Banana Joe, your friend has just reapplied via CAE be making everything from scratch after waiting 6 months (or even less) ? Or he/she has reused existing CAE profile? Or it was not CAE at the first attempt?

janzerer, if you have MCC: https://www.cae.com/civil-aviation/aviation-professionals/aviation-training/airline-pilot-training/ryanair-boeing-737ng-type-rating/
If you haven't: https://ryanair.workable.com/j/A26D6D1E26

Larpa3Q
2nd Aug 2018, 11:50
Banana Joe, your friend has just reapplied via CAE be making everything from scratch after waiting 6 months (or even less) ? Or he/she has reused existing CAE profile? Or it was not CAE at the first attempt?

janzerer, if you have MCC:
If you haven't:

Do you know how the interview for the non MCC applicants is? Does the sim assesses MCC skills like it has been explained in this forum?

PilotJamie
2nd Aug 2018, 16:15
Afternoon Everyone.

I appreciate the question has been proposed. However; has anyone heard back from CAE/FR after completing the online tests out of interest? Furthermore, if yes, how long did this take?

Thanks in advance.

Stick_pusher
2nd Aug 2018, 16:30
Completed the tests two weeks ago and didn't hear nothing

janzerer
2nd Aug 2018, 16:50
janzerer, if you have MCC:
If you haven't:

Thank you I will check it out. I don’t have a MCC but I have a CL-65 Type with almost 3000 Hrs on it. I wondered if there was anything for experienced FOs out there.

eay
2nd Aug 2018, 23:52
Might be a bit early but anyone for FR1822 starting introduction on October 22nd, please join the Facebook group "Ryanair FR1822"

Banana Joe
3rd Aug 2018, 09:27

He kept his CAE profile up-to-date.

ninerzero
3rd Aug 2018, 19:05
HI Guys,
you can check your results at cut-e of your online assessment for Ryanair. There you will find definitions like "harder" for you or "easier" or "much easier". In total you will not find if you have passed or not. The results of your video interview and the Atpl questions however are not published. I wish you all good luck and hopefully an invitation for the assessments in Dublin.

Johnny Tango
4th Aug 2018, 11:19
Hey gus what do you think;why does not anyone get an answer or invitation after the online test?

Stick_pusher
4th Aug 2018, 12:20
but the really annoying thing is that people that update their old profiles invited almost immediately and all the new ones pushed to the side. I have a friend that re-applied two days ago after two years (faild last time) and got a phone call email one day after.

Burger81
4th Aug 2018, 16:52
HI Guys,
you can check your results at cut-e of your online assessment for Ryanair. There you will find definitions like "harder" for you or "easier" or "much easier". In total you will not find if you have passed or not. The results of your video interview and the Atpl questions however are not published. I wish you all good luck and hopefully an invitation for the assessments in Dublin.

Can anyone give the actual structure of the online assessment please? Is it a live video link for the 30 ATPL questions and Interview, or are these asked on the screen and you record the answers on video which is then submitted to assessment team for review?

Thanks

Banana Joe
4th Aug 2018, 16:57
but the really annoying thing is that people that update their old profiles invited almost immediately and all the new ones pushed to the side. I have a friend that re-applied two days ago after two years (faild last time) and got a phone call email one day after.
Not true, I am still waiting.

Flyer-Tyler
6th Aug 2018, 12:09
HI Guys,

How do you get to see this?

ninerzero
6th Aug 2018, 13:16
How do you get to see this?
Please enter your pin and click the link you received from the assessment centre.

Stick_pusher
8th Aug 2018, 07:09
Does anyone got a response after an online assessment? ANY response?

Johnny Tango
8th Aug 2018, 08:31
Does anyone got a response after an online assessment? ANY response?

nope, nothing 😢

ninerzero
8th Aug 2018, 10:39
I did the online assessment two weeks ago. Unfortunately nothing heared back.

OutsideCAS
8th Aug 2018, 10:55
Think the delay in you all receiving replies is down to the start of the decline of the business model used. Too many staff leaving (or given notice by Ryan) and the uptake of these staff by other normal employers is now taking its toll I think. Plenty of opportunity elsewhere so I’d recommend deleting existing applications with Ryan and go elsewhere for better prospects.

Skyhigh_
8th Aug 2018, 11:02
Think the delay in you all receiving replies is down to the start of the decline of the business model used. Too many staff leaving (or given notice by Ryan) and the uptake of these staff by other normal employers is now taking its toll I think. Plenty of opportunity elsewhere so I’d recommend deleting existing applications with Ryan and go elsewhere for better prospects.

What if we just say that you haven't a clue?

Banana Joe
8th Aug 2018, 12:44
They seem to be in trouble, indeed. Hopefully within a month I can withdraw my application from the CAE portal.

Stick_pusher
8th Aug 2018, 12:48
Got a rejection now due online assessment unsucessful

OutsideCAS
8th Aug 2018, 12:50
What if we just say that you haven't a clue?

just bury that little 'ole head of yours in the sand eh? ignore the obvious.

Stick pusher - you wont be the only one from now on as they cant continue the broken business model, and no one to train new guys as all senior people are leaving. Its a blessing in disguise really, although it doesn't seem that way for now when your rejected. You have had a lucky break my friend, better employers are there for you. As said, my advice - delete any applications, go elsewhere and let it naturally wither and die, like it should. If it was an animal, you would put it down now.

Skyhigh_
8th Aug 2018, 12:51
They seem to be in trouble, indeed. Hopefully within a month I can withdraw my application from the CAE portal.
So tell me Banana Joe, what has the online test got to do with the business model? Rational thinking nowadays seems to be disappearing

Banana Joe
8th Aug 2018, 16:41
So tell me Banana Joe, what has the online test got to do with the business model? Rational thinking nowadays seems to be disappearingI am talking about Ryanair current situation as a whole, not just related to cadets.

I think they introduced the online assessment because for quite a while now they had been inviting around 12 candidates every day and only 2 or 3 get the job on average.

Stick_pusher
8th Aug 2018, 18:06
I am talking about Ryanair current situation as a whole, not just related to cadets.

I think they introduced the online assessment because for quite a while now they had been inviting around 12 candidates every day and only 2 or 3 get the job on average.

I cannot understand how they can filter like this so many candidates, based on their ability to count white dots on black circle, or put a dot inside a stupid tube, and according to this not to even invite them to the assessment, that they are paying for it. and quite a lot of money.
While on the other hand, they cancel so many flights because of pilot shortage.

Banana Joe
8th Aug 2018, 20:48
Don't they have the candidates pay €55 euro for the online test? This is what I was told or read somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Now imagine how many people can do the online test per day compared to the maximum number of 12 candidates they host per day? Quite a lot. And I am sure they do still invite at least 8 candidates every day.

Ryanair are in trouble also with trainers, many have left and still are leaving and lots of cadets are in the pipeline. Admittedly, it is not as bad as it used to be a year ago or so, but still they are not in a comfortable position.

Skyhigh_
9th Aug 2018, 07:42
I cannot understand how they can filter like this so many candidates, based on their ability to count white dots on black circle, or put a dot inside a stupid tube, and according to this not to even invite them to the assessment, that they are paying for it. and quite a lot of money.
While on the other hand, they cancel so many flights because of pilot shortage.
Many airlines use online tests including Easyjet & AerLingus, so RYR wouldn't be the first to use those tests to filter people out

Skyhigh_
9th Aug 2018, 08:09
What about DLR tests? Do you not have to pay €200.00?

Mfgfr0
9th Aug 2018, 09:07

Could you tell me where are the “plenty of opportunity elsewhere”? Ryanair is not the best airline in the business but is miles away from being the worst. For new guys fresh out of school the options to fly on a jet are really short: wizzair (****ty wages), easyjet (type rating price absurd), pay per flight schemes, etc.
Ryanair is improving their contracts and giving extra bonus for guys who want to become instructors, also there aren’t broker contractors anymore, every new cadet signs a ryanair contract. It is a good airline to build experience and hours before apply to a major one.

Skyhigh_
9th Aug 2018, 10:34
just bury that little 'ole head of yours in the sand eh? ignore the obvious.

Stick pusher - you wont be the only one from now on as they cant continue the broken business model, and no one to train new guys as all senior people are leaving. Its a blessing in disguise really, although it doesn't seem that way for now when your rejected. You have had a lucky break my friend, better employers are there for you. As said, my advice - delete any applications, go elsewhere and let it naturally wither and die, like it should. If it was an animal, you would put it down now.
Ignorance at the highest level

pszober
9th Aug 2018, 16:48
Hi, anyone here who's also starting the introductory week on 15th of October in East Mids?

ninerzero
9th Aug 2018, 20:23
Hi guys,

today I got the phone call mail 2 weeks after completing the online assessment.

Banana Joe
9th Aug 2018, 20:25
What about DLR tests? Do you not have to pay €200.00?
It is not the case of any airline I am aware that makes you pay for it. Same with Interpersonal.

Turkish even cover travel and accommodation costs. So do SunExpress.

Could you tell me where are the “plenty of opportunity elsewhere”? Ryanair is not the best airline in the business but is miles away from being the worst. For new guys fresh out of school the options to fly on a jet are really short: wizzair (****ty wages), easyjet (type rating price absurd), pay per flight schemes, etc.
Ryanair is improving their contracts and giving extra bonus for guys who want to become instructors, also there aren’t broker contractors anymore, every new cadet signs a ryanair contract. It is a good airline to build experience and hours before apply to a major one.

Are you serious?

What about Eurowings? DHL? ASL Airlines? Tui Fly Belgium at the moment? LOT are also recruiting and they don't require you to know the local language. Volotea might start again in September. Not to speak about the smallish operator in the GA world like sky diving, aerial survey, maybe even become a flight instructor if you think you're cut for it and so on.

It seems you aren't doing your homework hard enough.

Mfgfr0
9th Aug 2018, 21:20
It is not the case of any airline I am aware that makes you pay for it. Same with Interpersonal.

Turkish even cover travel and accommodation costs. So do SunExpress.

Are you serious?

What about Eurowings? DHL? ASL Airlines? Tui Fly Belgium at the moment? LOT are also recruiting and they don't require you to know the local language. Volotea might start again in September. Not to speak about the smallish operator in the GA world like sky diving, aerial survey, maybe even become a flight instructor if you think you're cut for it and so on.

It seems you aren't doing your homework hard enough.

I applied for Eurowings and Dhl and only received one email informing me they are reviewing my cv and it was 9 or 10 months ago. I’ve send my cv to almost any suitable jet airline and zero feedback except from ryanair. Ga is not my kind of thing. Right now i’m happy working for ryanair so i can say i know what i’m talking about

dimk
10th Aug 2018, 09:29
Hi, anyone here who's also starting the introductory week on 15th of October in East Mids?

Hi!
I have into on 15 th of of October and TR on 14th of november in AMS

Stick_pusher
11th Aug 2018, 15:09
Someone knows if i open new email adress and re-apply they can spot it? two friends were saying that many people done that and got an interview

user2803
12th Aug 2018, 20:37
Hello guys
i would like to ask regarding the application at cae.
i just want to make sure i did it correctly.
you just upload everythingat the section "documents"
andthats all ?
do we get an email that the information we send is under review orsomething ?

Sulay89
13th Aug 2018, 09:56
Hi guys, my application is scheduled on the 3rd of September I would appreciate if any of you have a recent feedback ?
also do you think that we could be ask about the recent strike and what do we think about it ? During interview .

​​​​​​for those who are interested I applied on the 29 June received the call on 7th August. Phone call very straight forward asked about atpl and cpl ir pass no text no question.
many thanks for your reply

Indiamike
14th Aug 2018, 09:42
H guys. Can i ask you please 2 questions about Ryanair?
I would like to now if this test is under videoconference with assessor or not, or you have a link where do you can do this exercise, like Atpl questions etc... and you can take a time or not!!
Can you let me know please?

​​​​​​​IndiaMike

user2803
14th Aug 2018, 11:02
hey guys
any feedback regarding the online application?
what about the pre-recorded video ? we get the questions and then upload a video? is it timed?
atpl qustions? timed? how we answer them ? written? its multiple choice? or again in a video??

Stick_pusher
14th Aug 2018, 13:19
Be patient. A friend of mine has been called 6 months later. We went together to the assessment in February and he has the next one scheduled at the end of the month.
He contacted Ryanair or they contacted him?

I can't even update my profile.. it's blocked from updating things like it still "under review"
I emailed them about this but they just don't care
no one asnwers there.

Michael Newman
14th Aug 2018, 22:49
Anyone has an assessment invitation to 13 th of september? Looking for a couple to simulator in Dublin.

I've got a place at 12th September in uPilot. Looking for coopilot if someone want to join me.
Contact +48 603 103 712

ozim
15th Aug 2018, 12:05
@Michael Newman - Tried to contact you via PM but your pprune box seems to be full. PM me.

PilotJamie
15th Aug 2018, 13:43
Good Afternoon Folks,

Have seen most people on this forum state that when they receive the email saying they shall get a call “within 14 days” they normally only have to wait around in 1/2 or 3 days. I’ve been waiting a week now and wondered if anyone has experienced similar? (Just in case this is abnormal) Also, if the wait continues and gets to the end of the timescale, is there any recommendations to ensure you get the call?

Thanks and all the best!

Wgi
15th Aug 2018, 14:22
Good Afternoon Folks,

Have seen most people on this forum state that when they receive the email saying they shall get a call “within 14 days” they normally only have to wait around in 1/2 or 3 days. I’ve been waiting a week now and wondered if anyone has experienced similar? (Just in case this is abnormal) Also, if the wait continues and gets to the end of the timescale, is there any recommendations to ensure you get the call?

Thanks and all the best!

They called me 2 weeks after I received that email. Don't worry about it.

PilotJamie
15th Aug 2018, 15:02
They called me 2 weeks after I received that email. Don't worry about it.

cheers Wgi, here’s hoping!

flyerflyer1
17th Aug 2018, 11:03
cheers Wgi, here’s hoping!

Waiting around a week also, I think the recruitment has really slowed down from last month.

OutsideCAS
17th Aug 2018, 11:34
If you have been waiting for a reply for anything above a few days it is worth logging in and deleting your application in full. And then block that email address from spamming you in the future.

PilotJamie
17th Aug 2018, 12:19
Good Afternoon,

Received the call and date for the 17th of Sept. Shall be going to Dublin the day before or possibly 2 days before if anyone is keen to link up for some prep?

Possibly uPilot or elsewhere. If anyone is keen to link up for preparation or to chat. Please, contact me here via Private Message!

All the best,

Jamie

Banana Joe
17th Aug 2018, 13:06
I suggest you uPilot. The guy knows his stuff and that will be helpful at the assessment.

PilotJamie
20th Aug 2018, 13:14
I suggest you uPilot. The guy knows his stuff and that will be helpful at the assessment.

Ill certainly look into it thanks.

Again, should anyone else receive the 17th as an assessment date; please contract me! Thanks

golfnovember
22nd Aug 2018, 15:30
Please enter your pin and click the link you received from the assessment centre.

I tried to do that, but it says that all my tests were done and nothing else. Did it on the same link where I had the online assessment, am I doing it wrong? Or maybe too early?

Pilotkim
22nd Aug 2018, 16:05
Hi Guys,

I have received a phone call after I completed the online assessment three weeks ago. I have the assessment on the 12th of September.

Do you guys know what kind of technical questions they will be asking? I already have a couple questions listed down, maybe there are some new ones out there.

Any help is appreciated.

FlyingSjawi
24th Aug 2018, 14:08
Hi Guys,

I have received a phone call after I completed the online assessment three weeks ago. I have the assessment on the 12th of September.

Do you guys know what kind of technical questions they will be asking? I already have a couple questions listed down, maybe there are some new ones out there.

Any help is appreciated.

Me too, the 12th!! :)

Byrne11
26th Aug 2018, 11:44
I thought i'd give my feedback on the RYR interview as I used this extensively to prepare from people who had done it previously.
8am start, 4 people in my group.
Brief introduction to Ryanair, and the 737 sim they have. I was in the second group for the sim. Sim WAL2T departure, follow radar headings, climb and descent to 7000, emergency (DODAR/NITTS), hold with an ILS to land. Interview was straight forward, questions on the 737 followed by questions on CV, Final Report and a general conversation. Similar to what everyone has posted here previously.
Out of the 4, I was the only one to pass.

I finished my MCCJOC on a 737-800NG 3 months ago, but I done 3 hours in Simcheck in Dublin on the Friday before, and also going back to my flight school to do a few hours the week before that. Questions others got in my group were the ones people have posted previously and also on their old aircraft type.
Being Irish, Ryanair was my first preference, delighted to be starting a type rating in October.

Boris777
27th Aug 2018, 19:34
Hi! I also start my TR in October. Which date do you start?

MarkSRFC
27th Aug 2018, 23:07
Generally, how long is the wait between getting the positive news and actually starting the TR course?

fastandlow
28th Aug 2018, 06:34
Anyone doing the intro-week on October 1st in EMA? Or in CAE1818 in AMS on the 31st of October?
Let’s get in touch with each other!

Pilotkim
30th Aug 2018, 17:42
I will see you on the 12th then !!

cavosky
31st Aug 2018, 16:10
Anyone CAE1822 group starting 12 November EMA and 12 December in AMS?

Burger81
3rd Sep 2018, 10:10
After submitting the final documents required (marked with the red *), can anyone please advise when or if they got an email to confirm their application was under review?
Although I started my application a few weeks ago, I only got the final document submitted last week, but I’ve not received anything to say my application is under review and when I sign into the portal, everything is the same 😕

Thanks

potatoflying
3rd Sep 2018, 16:54
My mate and I both got it within 24hs last week

janzerer
5th Sep 2018, 21:09
Can anyone recommend a sim place beside Virtual Aviation in or near Stansted?

fastandlow
6th Sep 2018, 07:18
@DavidJansson

hi man, I’ve got your message, but I can’t send you a PM back - your inbox is full.
Hope you see this, otherwise we’ll see each other on the 1st in EMA.

cheers

Andy

JOJO83
6th Sep 2018, 08:14
Hi guys,
can anyone give some examples of the ATPL questions asked in the pre-assessment online test?
Do you remember any?
Your help is appreciated!

Thanks
Joe

Sulay89
7th Sep 2018, 06:59
Ryanair feedback
I want to say thank you for all the previews feeback it's an invaluable helps and now it's my turn to do it

Initial application 29.06
Application under review 5.07
Email regarding phone call 25.07
Call 07.08
Assesment 03.09
Successful 06.09

The day before the assesment I went to simtech for one hour in the brand new 737 800 same sim as ryanair and very good instructor he give me tips to pass the interview I will recommend you to do a sim session with Simtech

The Day:
First briefing with one of the assesor explaining the day and the sim nothing special to say about that.

I started with the interview the captain start to ask me question about me, where I did my training and on wich aircraft .
Then ask about the 737 how many hydraulics system? 3 system A B stand by

explain the anti ice system on the 737?
Electric for probe and windshield and bleed air from compressor stage 5th to 9th
Then simple math calculation such as crosswind sin 30 sin 60 and you travel at 120knt how long to do 40 nautical miles... very very simple if you are prepared.

Then HR she was really nice
she asked me about my cv and background .
What do you want to take the 5 years bond or the 29000 euro....
Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
Why did you choose your flight school ?

That was it

For the sim it was Liverpool with wal 2t departure (it's an easy one )

I started as pm brief speak with your partner he had to follow the entire sid until leveling off at 5000 feet to wal vor some airwork rate 1 turn and accelerate to 250 then radar vectored for ils 27 décélération to 170 ( remember 210 first flaps 1 then 190 flaps 5 bug 170),
Sim freeze point on the chart where you are and brief the app . Then radar vectored for ils .

As pf i had the exact same thing until overhead LPL the assesor froze the sim ask me where I was and he advise me about a fire in the toilet, I asked my pm to hand control pass the mayday call and then TDODAR NITS full procedure and land.

Three days later finally the good news .
My advise is to prepare yourself well for the interview with this forum the ACE book and all other materials online like skyinstructor web site also book a sim prior your assesment again simtech was really good for me if you can afford it .

Best of luck guy's

PilotJamie
8th Sep 2018, 11:46
Good Afternoon Folks,

As previously posted, I shall be attending on the 17th. This leaves me coming over on the Sunday (16th) with lots of time to spare. If anyone wishes to meet for a chat I’d be delighted to hear from you either on here or private message.

Jamie

user2803
8th Sep 2018, 21:27
Anyone for the assessment on the 10th of oct?

FlyingSjawi
11th Sep 2018, 08:19
Dear Thebagiboo (Tommy),

I cannot contact you because your inbox is full,
I am staying in travelodge today, next to Ryanair HQ.

Regards,

Léon

user2803
13th Sep 2018, 11:47
Dear @pedro6685 and @Speedbird777c
i cant contact you, looks like your inbox is full
Cheers

Pedro6685
13th Sep 2018, 12:01
Dear user2803, my pm box it's clean now. Thank you for letting me know.

Speedbird777c
13th Sep 2018, 12:20
Dear @pedro6685 and @Speedbird777c
i cant contact you, looks like your inbox is full
Cheers

Hi, no ideal why?

Ive booked into VA 6th/7th Oct in Cambridge with assessment date 10th Oct.

just wondering if anyone wants to catch up/ team up for the sim prep beforehand?

Cheers

salar333
13th Sep 2018, 13:32
Hey guys,

Do somebody has some pre-assessment ATPL questions as an example?
Is there a special topic to review?

Thank you

Boris777
13th Sep 2018, 22:16
Hi Guys! Anyone in CAE1820?

Sulay89
14th Sep 2018, 06:33
Hi guy's anyone on the 1822 type rating course ?
feel free to send me a pm

FlyingSjawi
14th Sep 2018, 09:41
Had my sim assesment on september 12th. John and Paddy were the assesors, I had John.

I started with then interview which took only about 15 minutes.
Standard HR questions about my current job, notice period etc.
Technical questions where mostly about my previous multi engine aircraft
-About the engine (manufacturer, BHp, critical engine)
-Anti icing systems
-Electrical system
And about Boeing 737
-Type of engines
-Anti icing systems
-How many seats
-How many emergency exits
-Recently flown with Ryanair?

Simulator
Pretty straight forward:
-WAL 2T dep. 5000 ft
-30degress bank turns
-Accelerate & decelerate to minimum cleanspeed.

Freeze the sim

Company call, have to come back to liverpool.
-Dodar / Nits!
-Where are you?
-Prepare and brief for ILS 27 at liverpool

Unfreeze the sim

-Decelerate to 170kts
-Decent 2500
-Overhead LPL 059 procedure ILS

I had an unstable approach, so made a go around.
Sim freeze, back on 3Nm final, good approach and a (not so good) landing.

Sim partner got exactly the same.

Good luck!

Received the email that I was succesfull today!

eay
15th Sep 2018, 00:43
Hi guy's anyone on the 1822 type rating course ?
feel free to send me a pm

FR1822? If so, please join our Facebook group "Ryanair FR1822"

CadetBrice
17th Sep 2018, 09:31
Hi guys.

Any feedback on what to expect from the new online assessment?

potatoflying
17th Sep 2018, 16:35
Hi guys.

Any feedback on what to expect from the new online assessment?
ATPL questions are completely random, all the subjects, some calculations, most questions are easy if you've recently quickly studied your theory, but a few were far fetched stuff that you tend to forget right after the ATPL exam. For the technical exercises no need to worry, they're relatively easy and you can practice as much as you want. the interview I had 3 questions. for each questions there was 20s of preparation and 1min to answer. I got why pilot? why Ryanair? What would you do if cpt doesn't follow SOPs? (my buddy got the same questions)
Make sure you don't send your application if you're not ready, cause you'll have about 7 days top to do it all when you receive the email for the assessment.
I'm applying as cadet btw

Pilotkim
18th Sep 2018, 20:45
Hi guys,

Just wanted to leave some feedback regarding the assessment.

I did 2 hours the day before the assessment on the Boeing 737 simulator at Simtech with Pat Harris ( which i really suggest you do one day before you assessment, that guy really knows his stuff about the ryanair assessments and he will give you good tips)

Arrived at the Ryanair HQ at around 7:45, we sat around a table and were briefed by a guy named paddy about what our day would consist of.

I had the interview before the sim , and got asked a couple of HR question like, Why did you want to a pilot, what would you do if you don`t get your preferred base, What would you do if you decide to have a career change. Then the technical part, we talked briefly about the aircraft I was flying, what is a clear way, screen height and minimums. That was the interview part.

Then I had the simulator, we walked in and the assessor made us feel calm. I went as PM first and just basically gave my suggestions to the PF (His flying was excellent so there was not much I could say), when it was my turn as PF we did a the WAL 2T sid from LPL, accelerate, decelerate, 30 deg banks, where are you on the map, procedural approach ils and land.

Finished around 4 o`clock, and received the good news 2 days later and will be starting with the induction course on the 12th of NOV in EMA followed by the TR on the 12th of DEC in AMS. !

Study hard, be confident and good luck guys!!

potatoflying
19th Sep 2018, 17:49
I got my phone call yesterday, 12 days after confirmation email. My interview is on the 16th of october. I have booked 2hrs at the uPilot sim on the 15th, maybe one of you would like to join?

Pilotkim
20th Sep 2018, 11:45
Hey Guys anyone on the CAE 1822 TR ?

zulu89
20th Sep 2018, 13:38
Hi Guys! Anyone in CAE1820?
Hey, I'll be in EMA for CAE1820.
I'll try to send you a private message so we can try to speak out of here. If someone else for 1820 give us a tumb ;)

RomainV
21st Sep 2018, 07:50
Hi guys,

I previously read that you are following a "DODAR - NITS" method to manage emergency or failure.

Could someone help me to precise what each letter correpond to ?

Thank to your appreciated help !

Romain

Burger81
21st Sep 2018, 09:24
ATPL questions are completely random, all the subjects, some calculations, most questions are easy if you've recently quickly studied your theory, but a few were far fetched stuff that you tend to forget right after the ATPL exam. For the technical exercises no need to worry, they're relatively easy and you can practice as much as you want. the interview I had 3 questions. for each questions there was 20s of preparation and 1min to answer. I got why pilot? why Ryanair? What would you do if cpt doesn't follow SOPs? (my buddy got the same questions)
Make sure you don't send your application if you're not ready, cause you'll have about 7 days top to do it all when you receive the email for the assessment.
I'm applying as cadet btw

Potatoflying,
can you give an example or 2 of the types of calculation based questions please?
Cheers for the other feedback though. Good to know. 👍🏼

Jetpilot82
21st Sep 2018, 11:20
Hello Guys,

one question regarding the Ryan Assessment (Cadet, frozen ATPL)

I did my online assessment about 10 days ago. Now, I got an email from CAE, that my CV has been sent to Ryanair, and CAE wanna contact me, to discuss the further process, so I guess it means, I passed it!? They didn't refer to my online AC in any way.

I've never read here about this procedure (first online AC, then a phone call) so, what do they want to discuss in detail, any experience here?

Cheers
Marc

ninerzero
21st Sep 2018, 11:25
Hey Guys anyone on the CAE 1822 TR ?

hi anyone on the CAE 1824 AMS??? Please find the closed Group on Facebook CAE1824 AMS

cheers

potatoflying
21st Sep 2018, 11:26
Potatoflying,
can you give an example or 2 of the types of calculation based questions please?
Cheers for the other feedback though. Good to know. 👍🏼what is VS of ac flying 3deg GS at 120kt true with 20kts headwind?
I had an altitude conversion (m to ft)
Also a question where they give you a distance in SM and time in s and you have to find out the speed in kt

Burger81
21st Sep 2018, 11:32
what is VS of ac flying 3deg GS at 120kt true with 20kts headwind?
Also a question where they give you a distance in SM and time in s and you have to find out the speed in kt
Ah ok that’s great thanks. At least it gives me an idea of where to start the study 👍🏼

potatoflying
21st Sep 2018, 11:34
Hi guys,

I previously read that you are following a "DODAR - NITS" method to manage emergency or failure.

Could someone help me to precise what each letter correpond to ?

Thank to your appreciated help !

Romain
D - Diagnose (what is the problem)
O - Options (continue, divert, turn back... tell them all)
D - Decide (say which of the options you chose)
A - Allocate tasks (Usually this is where you would call ATC to update on the situation, call OPS, make pax announcement and call the Senior Cabin Crew. I hope I didn't skip anything)
R - Review (see if your actions have resolved the problem, if there are no further issues, etc. If something else comes up, run DODAR again)

Once cabin crew comes in, do a NITS to him (it should be very very short and to the point)
N - Nature of the problem (engine out, hydraulic failure, etc.)
I - Intentions (i.e. divert)
T - Time (ETA)
S - Special request (normal deplane, emergency landing, etc)

That's about how I was taught. Some people might do it differently.

EUops
21st Sep 2018, 17:06
what is VS of ac flying 3deg GS at 120kt true with 20kts headwind?

How much time do you have for these questions? Do you have to do it with your mind or you have a pen and a paper? Is a calculator allowed?

Jetpilot82
22nd Sep 2018, 11:46
Hello,

I got invited by Ryanair to Dublin. Just to make sure, before I pay the high fee, is it really a Ryanair Contract now (Cadet), and they are going to pay the full Rating?
When I applied, the discription said something like this but I had to tick "self sponsored" in the form to be able to continue.

How did you guys manage to get a total of 5 referees? They wanna have 2 until AC, and 3 additional after. I've only one Company, Im not sure if they going to do this, and the most of my friends are either not got with english. or they couldn't say as much about me, because we don't know each other for 5 years or more.

Cheers
Marc

potatoflying
22nd Sep 2018, 17:14
How much time do you have for these questions? Do you have to do it with your mind or you have a pen and a paper? Is a calculator allowed?
30 questions in 10min. You can do whatever you want, even use google or a book (which you probably won't use anyway because time is very short). Calculator is actually advised

potatoflying
22nd Sep 2018, 17:21
Hello,

I got invited by Ryanair to Dublin. Just to make sure, before I pay the high fee, is it really a Ryanair Contract now (Cadet), and they are going to pay the full Rating?
When I applied, the discription said something like this but I had to tick "self sponsored" in the form to be able to continue.

How did you guys manage to get a total of 5 referees? They wanna have 2 until AC, and 3 additional after. I've only one Company, Im not sure if they going to do this, and the most of my friends are either not got with english. or they couldn't say as much about me, because we don't know each other for 5 years or more.

Cheers
Marc
You'll be fine if you take someone who's known you for less than 5 years, most of my friends did that (if you're a young cadet who went straight to flight training you don't have much choice anyway). They don't pay for the full rating, they pay for most of it, you still have to pay 5k€ and you have a 5 year RYR contract. The "self-sponsored" thing you had to tick was about your flight training, if you had to pay for it yourself, not for the TR.

invertt
22nd Sep 2018, 18:59
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
J

Burger81
22nd Sep 2018, 21:32
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Cheers,
J

I’m 36 and have been invited for the online assessment for Cadet position. 🙏🏼

TheSkylander
22nd Sep 2018, 23:56
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
J
They are not only calling guys 30+, they are also hiring them. So no worries and good luck.

gbatch1
23rd Sep 2018, 10:24
Hi Guys,

I know there is some sound feedback for the online assessment in previous posts, but is there any chance anyone else has experienced any other HR questions. How long do you have to answer their questions? Also, any advise on how to prep for the ATPL style questions? Any extra feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
G

Diola97
23rd Sep 2018, 11:03
Hello,

Cheers
Marc

​​​​​​You can go back to school and ask for references. I got my former english teacher to write a reference letter for me.

potatoflying
23rd Sep 2018, 17:05
Hi Guys,

I know there is some sound feedback for the online assessment in previous posts, but is there any chance anyone else has experienced any other HR questions. How long do you have to answer their questions? Also, any advise on how to prep for the ATPL style questions? Any extra feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
G
20s to prepare for the question, 1min to answer. Everyone I know had the same HR questions. For ATPL just do as many questions as you can from the books or a question bank.

eay
24th Sep 2018, 08:35
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
J

39 myself is. Got the job!

invertt
24th Sep 2018, 12:16
39 myself is. Got the job!

Thank you guys for the answers.
And do any one know if they ask about the scores you got in the theoretical part of the ATPL in the selection process?

eay
24th Sep 2018, 13:03
Thank you guys for the answers.
And do any one know if they ask about the scores you got in the theoretical part of the ATPL in the selection process?

As far as I remember, I have been only asked if I passed my atpls in the first attempt in the phone call, not in the interview.

Jetpilot82
24th Sep 2018, 15:32
​​​​​​You can go back to school and ask for references. I got my former english teacher to write a reference letter for me.

Im 37y... School has been a Long Long time ago, I don't know anybody from this time today, some are already dead, as far as I heard. :-(
I can bring a Referee from my present Company, and maybe 1 or 2 people from private live, more is almost impossible...

Banana Joe
24th Sep 2018, 19:30
Im 37y... School has been a Long Long time ago, I don't know anybody from this time today, some are already dead, as far as I heard. :-(
I can bring a Referee from my present Company, and maybe 1 or 2 people from private live, more is almost impossible...
Go to the school, talk to the current school principal and explain your situation.

JOJO83
25th Sep 2018, 07:18
Hi guys, anyone having the assessment in Dublin on the 25th of October?
Please drop me a message.
Thanks
Joe