PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40

A320LGW
22nd Jan 2019, 13:09
Try Eurowings were they offer a TR sometime in August or September... Og more recently just to be put on wait list... Seems the TR capacity in Europe is reaching its limits..

What is the delay then from type rating until line training there? At ryanair i am hearing it is about 3-4 months in many cases. So basically with the delay for the type rating and then the delay for line training, if you are successful in Q1 this year then you will not be doing line training until winter.

falinari
22nd Jan 2019, 13:55
For cadet, at the sim assessment they want you to fly from the right hand seat or left? Thank you!

AlainA
22nd Jan 2019, 14:23
For cadet, at the sim assessment they want you to fly from the right hand seat or left? Thank you!
It’s up to you

mas618
22nd Jan 2019, 14:41
What is the delay then from type rating until line training there? At ryanair i am hearing it is about 3-4 months in many cases. So basically with the delay for the type rating and then the delay for line training, if you are successful in Q1 this year then you will not be doing line training until winter.
From the people I know who just finished line training, there was no delay between TR and the line. And none between line and permanent base.

mas618
22nd Jan 2019, 14:42
Up to you. What ever you prefer is what they told me.

Pilot.Eliott
22nd Jan 2019, 15:02

I'd recommend flying from the right hand seat because most likely your sim partner is used to be pilot monitoring on the left hand seat. But Ryanair doesn't care as long as you do the job correctly :)

Pilot.Eliott
22nd Jan 2019, 15:03
Who's having the online assessment soon?

Skoltz
22nd Jan 2019, 15:05
Anyone has an idea how many cadets they will take this year?
Plenty so don't worry!

aguriga
22nd Jan 2019, 15:08
How long is taking now once you have done the assesment to get the result mail?

thibault2311
22nd Jan 2019, 17:37
Good evening everyone, I will go to Dublin on 04/02 for the assessment. anyone is going on this date ? if yes send me a message and we will try to manage a date to practice simulator at sim tech together.
best regards

Skoltz
23rd Jan 2019, 13:56
How long is taking now once you have done the assesment to get the result mail?
About 3 weeks after the online assessment and few days after assessment day.

Pilot.Eliott
23rd Jan 2019, 15:38
Good evening everyone, I will go to Dublin on 04/02 for the assessment. anyone is going on this date ? if yes send me a message and we will try to manage a date to practice simulator at sim tech together.
best regards
I know somebody, send me a private message I'll give you his details

=========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

Dmarco23
23rd Jan 2019, 16:09
Hi guys I am new in the forum, I would like to ask of any of you applied the first week of january? Its been 3 weeks since my application under reviewed, but until today still no answers from them...

pilotire
23rd Jan 2019, 21:00
Hi guys,

I have a Ryanair assessment next week. So just looking for some feedbacks from people who have done this assessment lately. Please do give the information you have it will really help me

Thanks in advance

Charlie_Oskar_DA42
24th Jan 2019, 09:50

Ryanair have a cadet TR course starting each week so it would definitely be quicker than Eurowings. From what my colleagues say the course takes about 12 weeks and then the base training / line training is started almost immediately after.

CharlieDontSurff
28th Jan 2019, 15:10
Some great feedback on this thread about the SIM/Interview, just wondered if anyone has been in the last couple of months can share their experience, I would really appreciate it!

Cheers

Fadecwithnos
28th Jan 2019, 17:51
Hello!
Any of you guys going to Dublin on February the 18th?
What to expect for a type rated FO interview?

yass60
29th Jan 2019, 16:36
Anyone here for TR in East Midlands FR 1902 at 22nd of April?
Pleas send private message.
Cheers!
WW

-------------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

ItsFull
30th Jan 2019, 06:17
Here as well for April 22nd at EMA, shall we create kinda FB group?

yass60
30th Jan 2019, 08:20
I've created facebook group:
EMA FR1902
Anyone who is starting at 22nd of April in East Midlands could join it. It will be much easier to organise accommodation and other stuff.

JohnJoe
30th Jan 2019, 10:43
Anyone on Type Rating FR1901 in EMA?

Jamesflyer1
30th Jan 2019, 13:59
Hello guys !

Has anyone got any technical questions during the online assessment ? or is it only HR related ones ?

Many thanks

Wondrex
31st Jan 2019, 09:09
Hello guys! Anyone starting in EMA the 6th of May on CAE1903 ?

BoeingLudo737
31st Jan 2019, 11:37
Ryanair employees received a new memo few days ago with bad news!
Due to low profit this year there will be possible base closures, pilot contracts modifications and also reduction of cadet program hiring.

Any of you with more info about it?

"Low profit" & the actual profit warning are very different things.

The info you have is incorrect

ca2bb
31st Jan 2019, 18:50
I've created facebook group:
EMA FR1902
Anyone who is starting at 22nd of April in East Midlands could join it. It will be much easier to organise accommodation and other stuff.

I'm on fr1902, I've sent a request to join the fb group.

diadingo
1st Feb 2019, 11:26
Hello guys !

Has anyone got any technical questions during the online assessment ? or is it only HR related ones ?

Many thanks

During my video i interview I've got the following: "Describe your last flown AC electronic system".
And as you probably know you will get some during ATPL test, of course not type related.

flyfly87
1st Feb 2019, 12:57
Hello guys! Anyone starting in EMA the 6th of May on CAE1903 ?
I start 6 may Ema

Jamesflyer1
1st Feb 2019, 16:11
During my video i interview I've got the following: "Describe your last flown AC electronic system".
And as you probably know you will get some during ATPL test, of course not type related.

Thanks mate ! I hope it all went ok

Mits Oss
2nd Feb 2019, 09:06
Anyone on the CAE1901 starting at EMA 1st of April???

Wondrex
3rd Feb 2019, 08:37
Hi. Can someone explain me how you're supposed to travel from EMA to STN on the last day of your introduction week ?
cheers

Dmarco23
3rd Feb 2019, 08:47
Hello guys did anyone of you applied the first week of january and an email received under reviewed but still waiting for the online assessment or to be called?

ItsFull
3rd Feb 2019, 09:33
Hi. Can someone explain me how you're supposed to travel from EMA to STN on the last day of your introduction week ?
cheers

I´d like to know too!

Skrobi
3rd Feb 2019, 10:30
Hi,
Any of you going to Dublin on February the 6th?
I'm staying there from the 4th of February and if anyone want to join me on sim preparation on 5th of February at uPilot, feel free to contact me.

FuturePilot6
3rd Feb 2019, 12:31
What does the "Stand-up instruction on performance, weight and balance" mean on the course outline?

Source: https://www.cae.com/civil-aviation/aviation-professionals/aviation-training/airline-pilot-training/ryanair-boeing-737ng-type-rating?fbclid=IwAR1ShjFa5cvB40Yv0b5-fzH8ESOlrVKzNSyuoK16aXbnTYyEKJs0r-5ntmc

Des.Vaisselles
3rd Feb 2019, 13:30
I have been assigned to CAE 1902 starting on the 08th of April in the Midlands and Amsterdam the next month.
Anyone in the same course can PM me, i am trying to organise and i have a few questions...:rolleyes:

AlainA
3rd Feb 2019, 14:08
I have been assigned to CAE 1902 starting on the 08th of April in the Midlands and Amsterdam the next month.
Anyone in the same course can PM me, i am trying to organise and i have a few questions...:rolleyes:

I'm also in CAE1902, i sent you a PM

hoduka
3rd Feb 2019, 17:17
I´d like to know too!

Hi
Theres usually someone with a car in the group, if not there one guy who rents out places in Castle Donnington who offers this service, alternatively, bus to Leicester then train to STN. I would do this one on the day before.
h

jourdanp
5th Feb 2019, 16:36
Hi everyone,
I will be a member of CAE 1903. Who else?

falinari
6th Feb 2019, 06:28
Hello jourdanp when you did the assessment?

desperado00910
6th Feb 2019, 21:10
Hi Guys. I had question due to my problem. I passed my atpl but I got 4 subjects fail in first attempt. Its there any chance that RYR invite me to assesment? Thanks for answers

Wondrex
7th Feb 2019, 07:13
Hi everyone,
I will be a member of CAE 1903. Who else?
Same here! Any Facebook group already yet ?

IFLYyouBREATH
7th Feb 2019, 07:39
Someone with the new deal who finished the TR can give some insights about the net salary received in Spain, UK, or Belgium?

Thanks a million

MisterAviator
7th Feb 2019, 07:53
Hello guys!

Someone can explain to me how long will take Cut-e to send you the email with the link to do the online assessments? Cause I have recently done the payment, and I've only received the receipt. Just in case, I received the invite to online assessment on Monday but I coudn't do the test until today due to work, I mean, in the email it says that once you must complete all assessments within 3 days of receiving that email. But I am starting to feel angry with them, cause I have to work in the afternoon and tomorow I won't have time to complete it. So, somebody has had the same problem?

seven37
7th Feb 2019, 13:49
Please someone who did the ONLINE ASSESSMENT recently, give info about the ATPL test part. Is RYRPREP 100 technical question bank cover the questions you saw? Are the video questions was the same as before? (Tell me about yourself/ What got you interested in aviation?,Why do you want to work for Ryan Air?,Why do you want to become a pilot?,What will you do incase the a captain doesn’t follow the SOP?,Where do you see yourself in 5 years?)
Any additional question would be much appreciated!

diadingo
7th Feb 2019, 14:31
One hour after receipt e-mail. At least for me. I think you should contact them by now.

flyfly87
7th Feb 2019, 15:56
I made a fab group EMA FR1903 feel free to join

diadingo
7th Feb 2019, 18:41
Please someone who did the ONLINE ASSESSMENT recently, give info about the ATPL test part. Is RYRPREP 100 technical question bank cover the questions you saw? Are the video questions was the same as before? (Tell me about yourself/ What got you interested in aviation?,Why do you want to work for Ryan Air?,Why do you want to become a pilot?,What will you do incase the a captain doesn’t follow the SOP?,Where do you see yourself in 5 years?)
Any additional question would be much appreciated!
No it doesn't. Don't worry too much about ATPL part. Guys here have reported a pass rate of 25-50%. You don't even need to answer all of them however be fast as you have only 30s for each question. Just read it and answer, there is little time to think.
As for video interview they are the same. I got technical one: "Tell me about the last AC you flew electrical system"

systemerror
8th Feb 2019, 11:48
Hi all,

Does CAE informs you if your application was unsuccessful ?

I received the message "Ryanair is currently interested in your application. However, your online application is not yet complete." and completed it.
From now on can I expect any feedback even if unsuccessful?

Thank you all

Spaghetti94
8th Feb 2019, 20:19
Does anybody know what is the staff parking for Stansted?
thanks

Lokki
9th Feb 2019, 14:48
I got the online assessments, felt i nailed it..

questions where

why ryanair over competitors
good leadership qualities
how would you deal with an emergency

got email i was unsuccessful but could redo the online assessments in six months

anyone else experiened this?

Pinofly
10th Feb 2019, 08:47
Hi guys,

I have recently done online assessment but unfortunately it was unsuccessful and I got the standard email: YOUR PRE ASSESSMENT HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL, AND THE AIRLINE IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH INDIVIDUAL FEEDBACK, IN 6 MONTHS YOU WOULD BE WELCOME TO CONTACT US.

But I got another email from CaePilotProvisioning say: However this email is to inform you that the airline would like you to take the test again in 3 months (May 2019) provided that you have improved your english level.

Anyone in the same situation, or anyone got the same email?

Thanks in advance

172SIERRA
10th Feb 2019, 10:37
Hi guys,

I have recently done online assessment but unfortunately it was unsuccessful and I got the standard email: YOUR PRE ASSESSMENT HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL, AND THE AIRLINE IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH INDIVIDUAL FEEDBACK, IN 6 MONTHS YOU WOULD BE WELCOME TO CONTACT US.

But I got another email from CaePilotProvisioning say: However this email is to inform you that the airline would like you to take the test again in 3 months (May 2019) provided that you have improved your english level.

Anyone in the same situation, or anyone got the same email?

Thanks in advance

Hey Guys !

I have recently done it too and I may say that it has been quiet different from what I have heard lately
a couple of new questions.
It seems like they made the online assessment harder and I don’t know why

I feel like a higher number are failing these days
I have been waiting days for an answer so far

how long have you waited for an answer guys ? And 3 months that’s alright just keep up the good work you’ll pass it next time

appfo09
10th Feb 2019, 10:58
Hi Pinofly,

Thank you for your feedback and I really wish you good luck on your next try. Practice makes perfect. even in languages

Could you please provide the email address of caepilotprovisioning. I want to contact them regarding my application. Have not received an answer from them since long-time ago 2 years almost.

Thank you!

Pinofly
10th Feb 2019, 11:03
Hi Pinofly,

Thank you for your feedback and I really wish you good luck on your next try. Practice makes perfect. even in languages

Could you please provide the email address of caepilotprovisioning. I want to contact them regarding my application. Have not received an answer from them since long-time ago 2 years almost.

Thank you!

The email is [email protected], try to contact them

BoeingLudo737
11th Feb 2019, 07:35
No it doesn't. Don't worry too much about ATPL part. Guys here have reported a pass rate of 25-50%. You don't even need to answer all of them however be fast as you have only 30s for each question. Just read it and answer, there is little time to think.
As for video interview they are the same. I got technical one: "Tell me about the last AC you flew electrical system"

Sorry to contradict you however, pass rate of 25-50% is not right at all. It is at least 75% (Same as ATPL pass mark)

Jamesflyer1
11th Feb 2019, 08:26
Sorry to contradict you however, pass rate of 25-50% is not right at all. It is at least 75% (Same as ATPL pass mark)
Hello,
where did you get this info from ?

Anyone knows how how long does it take to get the answer after the online assessment ?

Thanks

Wondrex
11th Feb 2019, 08:39
Hi! How's the chance to get your first or second base choice once you're online ? I put only spanish bases
Cheers

Wondrex
11th Feb 2019, 08:49
I personally think the main (and maybe the only) reason of the Cut-e assessments are to assess your level of English. They want to see your reading comprehension by the ATPL test and your speaking capabilities by the video interview. Before using Cut-e, the were assessing a lot of candidates in Dublin where they couldn't give them the job only because of their english level... Might be wrong here but that's how I see that stuff.

BoeingLudo737
11th Feb 2019, 09:54
I personally think the main (and maybe the only) reason of the Cut-e assessments are to assess your level of English. They want to see your reading comprehension by the ATPL test and your speaking capabilities by the video interview. Before using Cut-e, the were assessing a lot of candidates in Dublin where they couldn't give them the job only because of their english level... Might be wrong here but that's how I see that stuff.

Sorry but I will disagree with you. A lot of native speakers are also failing the test so they must be looking at other things as well,

aviationfanatic
11th Feb 2019, 10:23

Friend of mine from England failed the online assessment so I doubt it had anything to do with his English

KFJK747
11th Feb 2019, 15:04
Hey guys, I made a group "CAE1902" on facebook so feel free to join if you have TR in AMS 8th of may

appfo09
11th Feb 2019, 15:31
The email is [email protected], try to contact them

Thank you Pinofly.

Have a great week!

Mits Oss
12th Feb 2019, 07:41
If someone is scheduled for the type rating at AMS 1st of May please contact me.

===================
You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

172SIERRA
13th Feb 2019, 10:03
Hi guys,
Just wanted to give my opionion on the APS MCC, I do hold an APS and I’ve been waiting ages (2 weeks + ) since my online assessment I don’t think they really care about it for the moment everyone has got same chances
good luck to everyone !

Would be great if some of you could tell how long they waited for an answer

Wondrex
14th Feb 2019, 17:10
Hi everyone! Does anyone could tell me if Ryanair offers you easily your first or maybe your second choice of bases and you start on the line ?
Thank you !

diadingo
14th Feb 2019, 18:57
Would be great if some of you could tell how long they waited for an answer
2 weeks after online assesment for a call e-mail (during holiday).

Jean737
14th Feb 2019, 19:55
Hi everybody,

I got an assessment on the 19th of February at Ryanair in Dublin, anyone will be around?

I'm arriving on the 17th of February (FR382) and also I booked 2 hours at uPilot on the 18th of February!
Feel free to contact me, we can repeat some briefings and study a bit before the assessment!

Ginger Ninja
15th Feb 2019, 20:32
Anyone on FR1902 at East Midlands 22nd April and TR 15th May?

Pinuz89
16th Feb 2019, 15:12
Hello guys,
How long does it take from the online application to the online assessment ?

I heard that I should receive an email with a link for the Cut-e test.

I praticed a lot on Latestpilotjobs, hoping it will be similar.

Any difference between this preparation website and RYRprep ?

Thank you guys

Willtofly
18th Feb 2019, 10:56
I got an email after my online assessment and it says the following. We would like to discuss your application in more detail, and we will attempt to call you within the next 14 days – please note that we may contact you at short notice. Does that mean i passed the online assessment?

Jamesflyer1
18th Feb 2019, 13:35
I got an email after my online assessment and it says the following. We would like to discuss your application in more detail, and we will attempt to call you within the next 14 days – please note that we may contact you at short notice. Does that mean i passed the online assessment?
yes it looks like you passed they’ll try to call you to set a date for the assessment congrats !

May i ask you when did you go through the online assessment ? Thanks

Willtofly
18th Feb 2019, 15:54
yes it looks like you passed they’ll try to call you to set a date for the assessment congrats !

May i ask you when did you go through the online assessment ? Thanks

Online Assement 14.02 and an email on the 15.02

IFLYyouBREATH
18th Feb 2019, 17:46
I sent my application two weeks ago and still not received any news ...
Patience is the key isn't it

Dashcam
18th Feb 2019, 19:02
Slightly unrelated topic, but I couldn't find a related thread for this question.

I recently had an assessment for direct entry non TR FO. I passed the assessment but they said I've been put in to the hold pool for now as all the Non TR FO courses are full, and they should have some more confirmed in the coming weeks/months.

Has anybody else on here had a similar situation, if so, how long was the wait roughly?

Thanks in advance.

The Foss
18th Feb 2019, 23:44
Hi everyone! Does anyone could tell me if Ryanair offers you easily your first or maybe your second choice of bases and you start on the line ?
Thank you !
it depends what your choices are, if it’s something like SOF, KUN, TSR, FEZ, OTP then you can probably get it.
Somewhere popular such as Spain/Portugal is quite unlikely unless you’re very lucky.

sparrowpilot
19th Feb 2019, 10:52
Online Assement 14.02 and an email on the 15.02
You kill me with your answer...... just one day to receive the mail (congrats :) )..... I did the online test one week ago and nothing yet... I guess I’m out of the “Hunger Games”… :(

Regards to everybody!!

Willtofly
19th Feb 2019, 16:44
Can someone please tell me what kind of question they encountered in the assessment in Dublin. What should I study I got a week notice, and I'm stressed out.

Mcrit_1
19th Feb 2019, 16:57
Anyone on FR1901 EMA April 15th and May 8th?

IFLYyouBREATH
19th Feb 2019, 17:02
what's the lapse time at the moment between the application submited and the online assessment?

Thank you

Jean737
20th Feb 2019, 11:40
Can someone please tell me what kind of question they encountered in the assessment in Dublin. What should I study I got a week notice, and I'm stressed out.

You can check the previous messages, lot of feedbacks! it’s very helpful !

Otherwise, you can study the book ACE and read informations about 37NG :)

Des.Vaisselles
20th Feb 2019, 14:25
Looking for anyone in CAE1902 (8th may in AMS) we are trying to arrange accommodation.
Please PM me

ca2bb
20th Feb 2019, 18:54
Anyone on FR1902 at East Midlands 22nd April and TR 15th May?
Hi Ginger Ninja, I'm on f fr1902. We have a Facebook group 'EMA FR1902' feel free to join. I'm not sure how many are on the course but there is 7 in the group so far.

dboy
22nd Feb 2019, 07:12
Good morning

In two weeks time i have an assessment with ryanair as NTR FO.

i might accept the job offer if i pass the selection but that all depends again on the base offer.

i was wondering if they give the base before or after the typeratiing??? And what bases are virtually impossible te get?? Dont wanna waste my time going to marrakech or sorts.

thank you.

The Foss
22nd Feb 2019, 19:16
Good morning

i might accept the job offer if i pass the selection but that all depends again on the base offer.

i was wondering if they give the base before or after the typeratiing??? And what bases are virtually impossible te get?? Dont wanna waste my time going to marrakech or sorts.

thank you.
it depends how you’d be coming in, if they’re classing you as a cadet as you’re non rated the base offer would be after the type rating. If you’re coming as a DE FO doing an OCC course you would be able to negotiate a base beforehand, not all of them are always available but at least you know what’s on the table up front.
Difficult bases could be most the Spanish ones and certain bases with one or two a/c such as GOT, NYO etc

Willtofly
23rd Feb 2019, 09:36
anyone in Dublin on the 28th?

thibault2311
24th Feb 2019, 10:04
Good morning everyone, I will start my type rating on the 19th of June (CAE1904).
I would like to know if someone is interested in sharing an apartment with me.
Best regards,
Thibault

Jean737
24th Feb 2019, 14:25
For those who want to prepare the Ryanair assessment, I got some hours on a Boeing 737NG simulator (complete cabin..) next to Luxembourg!

Don’t hesitate to contact me by mail (from my profil), or by Private message if you are interested! Fly safe!

aviationfanatic
25th Feb 2019, 10:52
Good morning

thank you.

you don't seem too interested in the company. Why would you even go for an assessment?

Banana Joe
25th Feb 2019, 11:47
There we go, aviationfanatic is at it again. You need to understand that Ryanair are not God's gift to aviation. Ryanair have the potential to offer a pretty good deal with an excellent roster if you get based near home.

aviationfanatic
25th Feb 2019, 13:05
There we go, aviationfanatic is at it again. You need to understand that Ryanair are not God's gift to aviation. Ryanair have the potential to offer a pretty good deal with an excellent roster if you get based near home.

Really boring

dboy
25th Feb 2019, 18:00
I just wanna avoid waisting their time and mine. My interest would be chaleroi, brussels zaventem, weeze and cologne.

chrs

gregcorte
25th Feb 2019, 22:37
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I find it very helpful. But I'd like to ask if there is anyone who did the online assessment few days ago. If yes, what questions did you have for the interview? cheers.

AntoineFR737
25th Feb 2019, 22:48
Anyone on FR1901 EMA April 15th and May 8th?
Yes I will be there! :)

Wondrex
26th Feb 2019, 10:37
I just wanna avoid waisting their time and mine. My interest would be chaleroi, brussels zaventem, weeze and cologne.

chrs
Jeez... Why being an airline pilot if you still wanna live with mummy and daddy and your buddies or with your wife/husband and kids.
Excuse me but if you choose that career you know there will be sacrifices. You know that sooner or later you will have to say bye bye to Mummy and Daddy or to say to your wife and kids that you need to move especially if you want to fly with Ryanair because you know that Ryanair has hundreds of bases and thousands of pilots and they won't let you choose your base.
And obviously you want to stay around Belgium why don't you go Brussels Airlines you will be based in the wonderful airport of Zaventem. Or ASL in Liège.*
If you want to be a spoiled child *well indeed you should avoid wasting their times and yours.
No hard feeling mate.

Banana Joe
26th Feb 2019, 11:23
Wondrex, no offense but you are writing lots of crap. Ryanair's strongest selling point for experienced pilots - like dboy seems to be - are a very stable and excellent roster with many "regional" bases. If you get this, you get a good pay and a reasonable quality of life, especially for family. If he has to move all over the continent than Ryanair won't be a good enough choice. It applies also to me if I can get base in my home country.

Good advice on ASL, plenty of time off but recruitment for FO's has stopped now unfortunately.

keroberos
26th Feb 2019, 18:49
CAE1904If you got that TR contact me PM

==========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

aviationfanatic
27th Feb 2019, 07:31
Wondrex, no offense but you are writing lots of crap. Ryanair's strongest selling point for experienced pilots - like dboy seems to be - are a very stable and excellent roster with many "regional" bases. If you get this, you get a good pay and a reasonable quality of life, especially for family. If he has to move all over the continent than Ryanair won't be a good enough choice. It applies also to me if I can get base in my home country.

Good advice on ASL, plenty of time off but recruitment for FO's has stopped now unfortunately.

You spend more time on Pprune than on the aircraft. You will be a captain at the age of 65 at this rate.

Banana Joe
27th Feb 2019, 08:26
You spend more time on Pprune than on the aircraft. You will be a captain at the age of 65 at this rate.
You should stop being naive.

seven37
1st Mar 2019, 10:04
Any recent feedback on the online test?

I have received the email for the payment and I want to be sure I covered everything before doing the actual test. I have only few days.
Just prepare from the feedback from this forum. For me it was quiet similar!

bros84
1st Mar 2019, 15:37
HI All,

Anyone any idea of the address of the CAE RYR Type rating in East Midlands - Is it at the airport?

Mairi Lewis
1st Mar 2019, 21:59
Hi Guys. I had question due to my problem. I passed my atpl but I got 4 subjects fail in first attempt. Its there any chance that RYR invite me to assesment? Thanks for answers
I didn't too great on my ATPLS and got an invite for the online assessment, and received an email a few days ago regarding the phone call!

Pinuz89
2nd Mar 2019, 12:45
Hi Guys,

I was able to apply only today, due to big delay in receiveing my documentation (school reports, ecc.).

How long do you think i will wait before the online assessment ?
I heard there are some delays actually.
Thanks

Mairi Lewis
2nd Mar 2019, 14:52
what's the lapse time at the moment between the application submited and the online assessment?

Thank you
Your message inbox is full.
I applied in December 2018 initially. The came back that they unfortunately would not take my application further in January. Two weeks after that they asked if I was still interested followed by the online assessment invite

===================================

Mairi Lewis
2nd Mar 2019, 14:55
How was the online assessment, in particular the ATPL exam? Trying to prepare but there is so much to cover

The online assessments are good, not too challenging but some make you think, you'll be fine.
The ATPL section sorry I can't remember any particular questions but I remember they weren't too difficult, I didn't have any calculations as such just fact clicking

oldkarim
2nd Mar 2019, 16:44
Hi guys, anybody of you know what is now the waiting time for line training after type, and what is the average of sectors flown?

APSMCC123
3rd Mar 2019, 02:18
HI All,

Anyone any idea of the address of the CAE RYR Type rating in East Midlands - Is it at the airport?

Yes, about five mins walk away from the main terminals

bros84
3rd Mar 2019, 21:57
Yes, about five mins walk away from the main terminals

Cheers APSMCC123

Im starting the Type rating in May... Im looking to start reading material to give me a head start, technical / SOP's etc... If anyone has any recommendations or even documentation, it would be greatly appreciated! I don't think I will receive any material until I start the type rating in May

mertert07
4th Mar 2019, 11:56
Anyone on CAE1904 for Intro on 20th of May , please drop me a PM :)
Thx!

-=========================

V737
4th Mar 2019, 12:01
Is it somehow possible to prepare for the pre-assessment test? I mean for the cut-e test?

Mits Oss
4th Mar 2019, 14:39
Cheers APSMCC123

Im starting the Type rating in May... Im looking to start reading material to give me a head start, technical / SOP's etc... If anyone has any recommendations or even documentation, it would be greatly appreciated! I don't think I will receive any material until I start the type rating in May

Are you on cae1901 maybe?

SkyGin
4th Mar 2019, 14:56
Hi Gents,

can you please tell me how much time do I have after receiving invitation for an online assessment?
I know I have 3 days after paying 55 euro fee I mean before I register,pay and receive a link to the online assessment?

I have another interview this week and I dont want to mess this online assessment because I didnt have so much time to prepare my self.

Thank you guys very much!

APSMCC123
4th Mar 2019, 20:52
Cheers APSMCC123

Boeing FCOM and 737 QRH is a great start. Also get a FMC simulator app.

Mits Oss
4th Mar 2019, 22:02
Hi Gents,

can you please tell me how much time do I have after receiving invitation for an online assessment?
I know I have 3 days after paying 55 euro fee I mean before I register,pay and receive a link to the online assessment?

I have another interview this week and I dont want to mess this online assessment because I didnt have so much time to prepare my self.

Thank you guys very much!

there are clear instructions on the mail you recieved.

pilotsaad
5th Mar 2019, 07:56
Hi Guys! can you tell me please which kind of questions I am coming to expect in Video interview? I will do it tomorrow .

bros84
5th Mar 2019, 08:03
FR1904 if anyone here is in East Midlands. Would be good to make contact.

bros84
5th Mar 2019, 12:41
Boeing FCOM and 737 QRH is a great start. Also get a FMC simulator app.
Great. Thanks!

seven37
5th Mar 2019, 15:28
I have finished the online assessment 3 weeks and 4 days ago today and no answer at all.. (neitherhere got any confirmation that they received it)
I got no contact to reach them to ask if my application got lost or they are just still reviewing it!

Any advice??

Mits Oss
5th Mar 2019, 15:35
Is it somehow possible to prepare for the pre-assessment test? I mean for the cut-e test?

I cannot send you pm so here is my answer:

yes I did (I bought the 3 month) and it is worth every peny.

also after you pass the online pre-assesment practice the profiles on fsx or similar programm.

BoeingLudo737
5th Mar 2019, 16:02
I cannot send you pm so here is my answer:

yes I did (I bought the 3 month) and it is worth every peny.

also after you pass the online pre-assesment practice the profiles on fsx or similar programm.

Could you share with us the link where you bought the online test? Thanks

Mits Oss
5th Mar 2019, 17:57
Could you share with us the link where you bought the online test? Thanks

I am not quite sure if I am allowed to post links in this forum but if you google "latest ryanair assessment preparation" it comes up first

A320LGW
5th Mar 2019, 21:23
I am not quite sure if I am allowed to post links in this forum but if you google "latest ryanair assessment preparation" it comes up first

This is more about the assessment day itself though, right? I can't see anything relating to the online tests from the first search result, for me it was flightdeckfriend

Mits Oss
5th Mar 2019, 22:23
This is more about the assessment day itself though, right? I can't see anything relating to the online tests from the first search result, for me it was flightdeckfriend

the one I am talking about is latestpilotjobs and it has material for both the online preassessment and the assessment.

A320LGW
5th Mar 2019, 22:54
the one I am talking about is latestpilotjobs and it has material for both the online preassessment and the assessment.
ok thanks, and did you just do that or also go for a sim session? congrats btw! :)

Mits Oss
6th Mar 2019, 06:02
ok thanks, and did you just do that or also go for a sim session? congrats btw! :)

thanks. I did 2 hours the day before the interview and lots of practice on fsx with pmdg 737 ( flying sid and approach ils without autopilot )

A320LGW
6th Mar 2019, 11:54
thanks. I did 2 hours the day before the interview and lots of practice on fsx with pmdg 737 ( flying sid and approach ils without autopilot )

Nice! Pretty much what i've been doing, i did my MCC in a 320 so hoping it isn't too difficult to perform in the 737 there

Pinuz89
7th Mar 2019, 08:17
Yes, I agree, I suggest to purchase the PMDG, it's a very good product !
Download all the SIDs on the preparation website, and try 10 times each of them, it's very usefull.

vigo2019
7th Mar 2019, 14:56
Hello any one willing to share with me sometime on 737 sim near London next week
together we can buy more hours and learn more from each other
regards

tecnamflyer
8th Mar 2019, 08:51
Yes, I agree, I suggest to purchase the PMDG, it's a very good product !
Download all the SIDs on the preparation website, and try 10 times each of them, it's very usefull.

Is there a specific website you are referring to?

Goes anyone does know if not doing Ryanair APS MCC leaves you at a disadvantage? Is it much more difficult to succeed the assessment? My school giving just normal MCC and for me to go to do the RYR APS MCC as a second MCC will be too expensive, is it really necessary?

voyotv
8th Mar 2019, 17:32
Is there a specific website you are referring to?

Goes anyone does know if not doing Ryanair APS MCC leaves you at a disadvantage? Is it much more difficult to succeed the assessment? My school giving just normal MCC and for me to go to do the RYR APS MCC as a second MCC will be too expensive, is it really necessary?

It is not necessary and I doubt you will have any advantage at all (except for the fact that APS is generally done on a 737-800 sim, exactly the same sim RYR uses for their assessments). But they don't expect you to know how to fly a 737 and 80% of what you learn on the APS course is useless for the assessment.

henry6024
8th Mar 2019, 17:40
Got a rejection now due online assessment unsucessful
i just got a invitation to interview and i have a online assessment do you remember the questions .

Pinuz89
8th Mar 2019, 23:31
It could be an advantange for your preparation of course, because you'll do 40 hours in an identical sim like Ryanair one, instead of 28h in a "generic" sim, but i think it has no priority on the assessment.

I have a firend of mine with the APS that failed the test, and some other with the common MCC/JOC passed.

henry6024
9th Mar 2019, 07:07
i got the online assessment and have 3 days to do it but i don't know what's in the online assessment can anyone help me out please reply ASAP is it just general compass test and all or are there atpl question in it also ?

Can anyone tell me what's in it !!!!

Pinuz89
9th Mar 2019, 10:47
Sorry if I'm saying this, but is not very good to do the assessment without any preparation in regard !
There are 2 famous website where you can pratice a lot, personally I kept praticing every day for a month, before applying.

There some "games" exercise where they want to test your monitor / multitasking / reaction ability.
After there will be 30 random ATPL questions (no calculation, or maybe some very easy).

Then the Video interview (you'll have 3 questions and 1 minute each to answer).

I'm my opinion (that's my point of view), the "game" part of the assessment is only the 20% of importance.
Focus on the video interview, dress yourself well, be decisive when speaking.
And, I think, ATPL questions are also quite important, as they want to see if you are able to remember what you have studied previously.

tecnamflyer
9th Mar 2019, 10:51
some great information being posted here thank you guys

pilotgirl24
9th Mar 2019, 15:08
Any feedback for the actual interview? Does anyone know if they ask actual atpl questions if you didn't have 1st pass on all subjects?

pilotgirl24
9th Mar 2019, 18:48
I have the interview on the 20th of March. Anyone else? :)

TheSkylander
9th Mar 2019, 19:57
Hi guys, anyone of you for the interview on March 19th?
If you interested PM.

Cheers

TheSkylander
9th Mar 2019, 20:48
Any feedback for the actual interview? Does anyone know if they ask actual atpl questions if you didn't have 1st pass on all subjects?

It's random with questions, most of them (except ones about 737 maybe) you already saw during atpl training.

PS. Empty your PM inbox otherwise I can't reply.

Cheers

vigo2019
10th Mar 2019, 20:21
I have the interview on the 20th of March. Anyone else? :)
Yes I am going too I was trying to send you are massage
Pilotgirl24 but I getting massage back that your mailbox is full

=======================================

TheSkylander
11th Mar 2019, 13:50
Is there someone of you interested to share a couple of hrs at simtech/upilot in dublin by the end of the week or monday?

TOLIP7
11th Mar 2019, 17:16
I'm in FR1904 as well. Do you have any FB or Whatsapp group? :)

TOLIP7
11th Mar 2019, 19:21
For those in FR1904 East Midlands starting 13/May/2019, we have a FB group called EMA FR1904 .

Feel free to join!

Olivier1988
12th Mar 2019, 20:23
Just a quick question. I submitted my application and when I visited the page again after few days, I was no longer able to edit the training request page as it only allows me to view the page.

Has someone else encountered the same issue. Can I assume I have been rejected.

No, it only means that your application is being reviewed. Essential parts are then blocked and no longer editable.

They let you know when you’re rejected.

Good luck!

TOLIP7
12th Mar 2019, 23:20
Just a quick question. I submitted my application and when I visited the page again after few days, I was no longer able to edit the training request page as it only allows me to view the page.

Has someone else encountered the same issue. Can I assume I have been rejected.

I guess that means your application was under review. Don't panic! :)

PilotStepper
13th Mar 2019, 14:50
What are these two famous websites you speak of? Can you mention their names please : ]

V737
14th Mar 2019, 11:23
Does anyone still remember some of the ATPL questions they got on the test? I would be happy to have some examples.

Olivier1988
14th Mar 2019, 12:01
Does anyone still remember some of the ATPL questions they got on the test? I would be happy to have some examples.

The questions are randomly chosen from the database. The will be different everytime.

They don’t require any difficult calculations, don’t worry!

V737
14th Mar 2019, 12:01
What are these two famous websites you speak of? Can you mention their names please : ]

I think he means Latestpilotjobs and Skytest

TOLIP7
14th Mar 2019, 14:04
As others did in the past, I will post here my experience during the whole process. For your information, my application was successful and I'm booked on a TR starting in May. Also, I would like to apologise in advance for any grammar (or other) mistakes that, for sure, I'll make. As you can imagine, English is not my mother language.

I did an integrated course (in 2 years), with a mean mark over 90% in the theoretical exams (all of them passed on the first attempt). The SE+CPL and ME+IR were passed on the first attempt as well. My English ICAO level is 5.

That being said, let's start:

I set my application during the second week of January. For around 2 weeks, I didn't have any news from Ryanair nor CAE. Just the confirmation e-mail that my application was correctly received (everybody gets this). During these 2 weeks, one classmate applied as well (some days after me) and he got the invitation for the online assessment around 2 hours after his application. No, I didn't make any mistake: after 2 hours he got the email. What I want to say with this is that you should not worry too much if something similar happens to you. I really don't know the criteria they follow. Nobody knows I guess.

So after 2 weeks, I got the invitation for the online assessment. The mail was a little confusing, but basically, it was saying that I had 3 days for paying the fee to Cut-e and then, after receiving the link from this company to do the assessment, I would have another 3 days for doing it. Before this one, I was in other assessments, so I already knew about Cut-e exercises. Nonetheless, I paid for 1-month access to the Ryanair preparation in LatestPilotJobs website. I think it's worth the money. The more prepared and used to the exercises you are, the less "stressed" you'll be during that 1:45h that the online assessment lasts.

I can't remember the ATPL questions, but they were really straight. Don't expect strange things. Don't stop too much in any of them. You have 10 minutes for 30 questions. That means 30 seconds per question. If you don't know it, just skip it. I'm absolutely sure that I didn't get all of them right. So don't worry if you fail some of them. The subjects were a mix of Meteorology, Performance (no piston), Principles of Flight, Air Law, Human Performances and Operational Procedures.

Then, the 3 questions to be answered in front of the webcam were the 3 classics: Why Ryanair?; Strengths and Weaknesses; How would you act in an emergency?

After 3 days I got the email informing me that the assessment was successful. They would be calling me in the next 14 days but it could happen soon. That was on Friday. I got the call on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, I was flying at that moment (as a passenger) so I saw the missed call after landing. I sent an email explaining what happened and the next morning I got the call again.

The call was made from CAE. A very friendly woman checking some info about my application. She also offered me 1 date for the sim assessment and interview in Dublin. Though it was just 6 days after the call, I accepted it. Don't doubt that. To the question "Are you able to attend this day?" the answer is YES. Then, in case it's a very close date (as it was in my case) you will have to search fast for tickets to Dublin, hotel (I recommend Travelodge), sim preparation (no doubts neither on this: uPilot is your best option), etc.

So next week I flew to Dublin and assisted to a 4 hours sim preparation in uPilot the same day that I arrived. John, the guy from uPilot, will help you with everything you can possibly need. I felt that he knew perfectly how to do the preparation. Progressively, he was demanding better performance in the sim and CRM. That, together with several tips he gave me and a very friendly environment, were key for my success in Ryanair headquarters the next day. By far, the best single investment that I have made since I've started my ATPL studies.

The assessment was starting the next morning at 8 am local time. It's obvious, but please, be sure that your alarm is switched to the local time. You don't want to be late this day. As soon as we arrived we were told to go to the cantine and wait there. For your information, we were 10 applicants that day. After some minutes an old guy came (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name) to guide us to a room next to the simulator. That would be our place to stay during all day. The simulator was just behind a transparent door and the interviews were done in a room next to ours.

After 30 minutes telling us what we were going to do that day and collecting all the documentation required, we were paired with our respective sim mates. We were also given the charts that we would be flying that day: Liverpool. Then we were left alone in that room so we could prepare the sim with our mate. From time to time, another guy was coming to the room to call one of us for the interview.

"What can I expect in the interview?" Well, mine was very friendly (like everything that day). They were asking me some aspects of my CV (I've studied a degree before the ATPL). Also, you can expect some questions about your last plane. What I've seen that day is that they were asking a different system to each applicant. In my case, it was about the deicing/anti-icing system. For sure, expect also some questions about Ryanair. Nothing complicated. Just a basic knowledge that almost any aviation fan would know. Just a piece of advice here: be honest. Don't try to lie. Don't try to invent things. If you don't know the answer to some questions just say "I'm sorry, I don't know". After saying that, if you are happy with it, you can add "but I would say... blah blah blah".

The simulator session, as you must already know, is with your sim partner. The instructor is just there as ATC, flight attendant... depending on the stage of the flight. What are they looking for? (My guessing). A safe, well instructed and friendly pilot. That's it. They aren't looking for a B737 master. They don't expect you to not deviate some ft from the assigned altitude. They are just looking, basically, for your CRM skills: the ability to share tasks, ask for things, help your mate, accept his help, etc. Long story short, what you should have learned in your MCC course.

So, don't forget any briefing, checklist, callouts, nor your smile, and you will be on the correct path to success. Again, let me remind you that you are not supposed to know anything about the Boeing. Just call for the checklists when you think it's the correct moment (uPilot training here is key again) and the assessor will complete them.

We performed the WAL2T SID. Flight director ON until established on R117 inbound to Wallasey. At that moment, already without Flight Director, we were told to make some turns, some climbs and descents, as well as some speed changes. After that we got a call from RYR ops informing us about an ATC strike, that would not allow us to land at our destination. It's time for showing your best CRM skills with the DODAR-NITS (or similar). By the way, as soon as I gave the controls to my first officer (remember that when you are acting as the pilot flying, you are supposed to be the captain) before proceeding with the decision-making process, the assessor froze the sim. Just keep an eye on the instruments from time to time when you are talking, even if you think it's frozen. At that moment we were also asked about our position in the chart. Just read your ADF.

After the DODAR-NITS and approach briefing, we got the aeroplane control again. We did not enter the holding pattern, but we were asked about which type of entry we should be making in case of getting that instruction. At this stage, it's supposed that you know how to do it.

Do your best when flying the approach, but remember, you are supposed to know what has to be done, but not to do it perfectly on this plane. In case of unstabilised approach or more than half-deflection on the ILS: Go-Around. Don't doubt it. It's what has to be done. Don't try to recover something that is not safe to recover. If you think that you should go-around: Go-around. If, at any moment, your first officer tells you to go-around: Go-around. Don't ask anything, don't doubt it: just Go-around. Then, once in a safe position, assess the reason for the go-around.
I guess I can't say it more clearly.

Probably you are now asking yourself "Did this guy make a go-around?". Yep, I did it. When I was already around 700 ft AGL the glideslope went down. "Go-around, flap 15". TOGA and leave the throttle to you first officer. Once we were climbing after the go-around, the assessor relocated us 3nm on final and, after telling me that was a very good decision, told me to try the landing again. This time I followed correctly the ILS and landed softly on runway 27. I'm joking, it was a pretty hard landing. But don't' worry, the landing is not part of the assessment. Just have fun at that moment and try your best with that 60 tons monster. :)

And that's it. You will repeat something similar but now as pilot monitoring. Try to help your mate as much as possible. What everybody says is that you should want your mate to get the job. That's the most straight and nice way for both getting the job. Don't be a passive pilot monitoring. Remember that you are also being assessed as pilot monitoring.

And that was the end of our adventure in Dublin. We finished before lunch, so my sim mate and I went back to the cantine to eat something. We both were happy with our performance in the sim. We both knew that we had made some mistakes but overall it was nice.

2 days after that, we both got the email telling that we were successful and were offered a place for the Boeing 737 Type Rating.

I hope this detailed story will help all future applicants to get an idea about what they can expect.
Best of luck guys!

FuturePilot6
18th Mar 2019, 21:02
As others did in the past, I will post here my experience during the whole process. For your information, my application was successful and I'm booked on a TR starting in May. Also, I would like to apologise in advance for any grammar (or other) mistakes that, for sure, I'll make. As you can imagine, English is not my mother language.

I did an integrated course (in 2 years), with a mean mark over 90% in the theoretical exams (all of them passed on the first attempt). The SE+CPL and ME+IR were passed on the first attempt as well. My English ICAO level is 5.

I set my application during the second week of January. For around 2 weeks, I didn't have any news from Ryanair nor CAE. Just the confirmation e-mail that my application was correctly received (everybody gets this). During these 2 weeks, one classmate applied as well (some days after me) and he got the invitation for the online assessment around 2 hours after his application. No, I didn't make any mistake: after 2 hours he got the email. What I want to say with this is that you should not worry too much if something similar happens to you. I really don't know the criteria they follow. Nobody knows I guess.

So after 2 weeks, I got the invitation for the online assessment. The mail was a little confusing, but basically, it was saying that I had 3 days for paying the fee to Cut-e and then, after receiving the link from this company to do the assessment, I would have another 3 days for doing it. Before this one, I was in other assessments, so I already knew about Cut-e exercises. Nonetheless, I paid for 1-month access to the Ryanair preparation in LatestPilotJobs website. I think it's worth the money. The more prepared and used to the exercises you are, the less "stressed" you'll be during that 1:45h that the online assessment lasts.

I can't remember the ATPL questions, but they were really straight. Don't expect strange things. Don't stop too much in any of them. You have 10 minutes for 30 questions. That means 30 seconds per question. If you don't know it, just skip it. I'm absolutely sure that I didn't get all of them right. So don't worry if you fail some of them. The subjects were a mix of Meteorology, Performance (no piston), Principles of Flight, Air Law, Human Performances and Operational Procedures.

Then, the 3 questions to be answered in front of the webcam were the 3 classics: Why Ryanair?; Strengths and Weaknesses; How would you act in an emergency?

After 3 days I got the email informing me that the assessment was successful. They would be calling me in the next 14 days but it could happen soon. That was on Friday. I got the call on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, I was flying at that moment (as a passenger) so I saw the missed call after landing. I sent an email explaining what happened and the next morning I got the call again.

The call was made from CAE. A very friendly woman checking some info about my application. She also offered me 1 date for the sim assessment and interview in Dublin. Though it was just 6 days after the call, I accepted it. Don't doubt that. To the question "Are you able to attend this day?" the answer is YES. Then, in case it's a very close date (as it was in my case) you will have to search fast for tickets to Dublin, hotel (I recommend Travelodge), sim preparation (no doubts neither on this: uPilot is your best option), etc.

So next week I flew to Dublin and assisted to a 4 hours sim preparation in uPilot the same day that I arrived. John, the guy from uPilot, will help you with everything you can possibly need. I felt that he knew perfectly how to do the preparation. Progressively, he was demanding better performance in the sim and CRM. That, together with several tips he gave me and a very friendly environment, were key for my success in Ryanair headquarters the next day. By far, the best single investment that I have made since I've started my ATPL studies.

The assessment was starting the next morning at 8 am local time. It's obvious, but please, be sure that your alarm is switched to the local time. You don't want to be late this day. As soon as we arrived we were told to go to the cantine and wait there. For your information, we were 10 applicants that day. After some minutes an old guy came (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name) to guide us to a room next to the simulator. That would be our place to stay during all day. The simulator was just behind a transparent door and the interviews were done in a room next to ours.

After 30 minutes telling us what we were going to do that day and collecting all the documentation required, we were paired with our respective sim mates. We were also given the charts that we would be flying that day: Liverpool. Then we were left alone in that room so we could prepare the sim with our mate. From time to time, another guy was coming to the room to call one of us for the interview.

"What can I expect in the interview?" Well, mine was very friendly (like everything that day). They were asking me some aspects of my CV (I've studied a degree before the ATPL). Also, you can expect some questions about your last plane. What I've seen that day is that they were asking a different system to each applicant. In my case, it was about the deicing/anti-icing system. For sure, expect also some questions about Ryanair. Nothing complicated. Just a basic knowledge that almost any aviation fan would know. Just a piece of advice here: be honest. Don't try to lie. Don't try to invent things. If you don't know the answer to some questions just say "I'm sorry, I don't know". After saying that, if you are happy with it, you can add "but I would say... blah blah blah".

The simulator session, as you must already know, is with your sim partner. The instructor is just there as ATC, flight attendant... depending on the stage of the flight. What are they looking for? (My guessing). A safe, well instructed and friendly pilot. That's it. They aren't looking for a B737 master. They don't expect you to not deviate some ft from the assigned altitude. They are just looking, basically, for your CRM skills: the ability to share tasks, ask for things, help your mate, accept his help, etc. Long story short, what you should have learned in your MCC course.

So, don't forget any briefing, checklist, callouts, nor your smile, and you will be on the correct path to success. Again, let me remind you that you are not supposed to know anything about the Boeing. Just call for the checklists when you think it's the correct moment (uPilot training here is key again) and the assessor will complete them.

We performed the WAL2T SID. Flight director ON until established on R117 inbound to Wallasey. At that moment, already without Flight Director, we were told to make some turns, some climbs and descents, as well as some speed changes. After that we got a call from RYR ops informing us about an ATC strike, that would not allow us to land at our destination. It's time for showing your best CRM skills with the DODAR-NITS (or similar). By the way, as soon as I gave the controls to my first officer (remember that when you are acting as the pilot flying, you are supposed to be the captain) before proceeding with the decision-making process, the assessor froze the sim. Just keep an eye on the instruments from time to time when you are talking, even if you think it's frozen. At that moment we were also asked about our position in the chart. Just read your ADF.

After the DODAR-NITS and approach briefing, we got the aeroplane control again. We did not enter the holding pattern, but we were asked about which type of entry we should be making in case of getting that instruction. At this stage, it's supposed that you know how to do it.

Do your best when flying the approach, but remember, you are supposed to know what has to be done, but not to do it perfectly on this plane. In case of unstabilised approach or more than half-deflection on the ILS: Go-Around. Don't doubt it. It's what has to be done. Don't try to recover something that is not safe to recover. If you think that you should go-around: Go-around. If, at any moment, your first officer tells you to go-around: Go-around. Don't ask anything, don't doubt it: just Go-around. Then, once in a safe position, assess the reason for the go-around.

Probably you are now asking yourself "Did this guy make a go-around?". Yep, I did it. When I was already around 700 ft AGL the glideslope went down. "Go-around, flap 15". TOGA and leave the throttle to you first officer. Once we were climbing after the go-around, the assessor relocated us 3nm on final and, after telling me that was a very good decision, told me to try the landing again. This time I followed correctly the ILS and landed softly on runway 27. I'm joking, it was a pretty hard landing. But don't' worry, the landing is not part of the assessment. Just have fun at that moment and try your best with that 60 tons monster. :)

And that's it. You will repeat something similar but now as pilot monitoring. Try to help your mate as much as possible. What everybody says is that you should want your mate to get the job. That's the most straight and nice way for both getting the job. Don't be a passive pilot monitoring. Remember that you are also being assessed as pilot monitoring.

And that was the end of our adventure in Dublin. We finished before lunch, so my sim mate and I went back to the cantine to eat something. We both were happy with our performance in the sim. We both knew that we had made some mistakes but overall it was nice.

2 days after that, we both got the email telling that we were successful and were offered a place for the Boeing 737 Type Rating.

I hope this detailed story will help all future applicants to get an idea about what they can expect.
Best of luck guys!

Is there a personality test?

ECHUQ
18th Mar 2019, 21:56
Not back on my days 3 years ago, relax, be yourself , very straight forward interview

TOLIP7
19th Mar 2019, 07:20
Is there a personality test?

Yes, included in the online assessment.

FuturePilot6
19th Mar 2019, 15:00
Yes, included in the online assessment.

Is it how in depth? For example how many questions

TOLIP7
19th Mar 2019, 18:21
Is it how in depth? For example how many questions

I don't remember exactly. I think there were 2 tests. Around 50 questions each. Maybe less.

sarahsmout
20th Mar 2019, 10:02

Best of luck guys!

Hello, I’m really sorry I can’t receive your message you tried to send last night as it’s saying my inbox is full yet my inbox is empty.

boardtalk51
22nd Mar 2019, 11:55
Anybody here for the sim assessment in Stansted on the 27th of March?

Want to hook up for a study / intel group?

SaintEx31
24th Mar 2019, 00:50
Thanks Tolip7 for your detailed feedback. Anyone on the 16th of April?

AntoineMTA
24th Mar 2019, 11:15
CAE1904If you got that TR contact me PM

==========================

Hi, your inbox 'private messages' is full.
Any group on Whatsapp or Fb for the CAE1904 TR ?

Thanks.

26th Mar 2019, 13:21
Hello guys,
How many Times it takes from the positive online assessment mail to the call from Dublin? And if someone has experienced an interview already at the SIM can please give me some information about?
Thank you in advance

flyfan
27th Mar 2019, 07:49
Hello guys,
How many Times it takes from the positive online assessment mail to the call from Dublin? And if someone has experienced an interview already at the SIM can please give me some information about?
Thank you in advance

Normally I am not like this...but...the (latest) answer is just ONE SINGLE PAGE before your question AND was quoted just a few posts up THIS page. If that‘s your attitude you‘re not going to get that job :rolleyes:

AntoineMTA
27th Mar 2019, 11:00
Hello,
I've created a group on FB to share news about CAE 1904 TR. Search for "CAE 1904 AMS" in FB.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting for their assessment :)

Antoine

FR95
27th Mar 2019, 16:01
Hello guys,
Who is going to do the online pre-assessment for the 2nd time? Plz contact me via PM.

Pinuz89
27th Mar 2019, 18:32
Hello guys,
Thank you in advance

They called me after about 6 days, but a friend of mine got a call after 16 days, so depends, it's not a fixed period.

PilotStepper
29th Mar 2019, 13:08
All

Having recently completed the online assessment, I can say it was quite straight forward, and enjoyable! During the video interview I was asked the following 3 questions; What are your strengths and weaknesses, 3 reasons why you want to work for Ryanair, and what would you do in an emergency.

Hope that helps!

GomuGomuPilot
30th Mar 2019, 11:04
Hi guys, very new here. I applied before but got rejected because I wasn't EU passport holder (I think) but now I am, I updated my EU passport to my previous application, does anyone know If I will receive conformation email for reapplying with the old application? or you just hope they will look at your application again?
Also my IR expiring by end of April with that cause any problem? I am going to re validate before it expire but just wondering?
Assuming they will send me a link for the online assessment, any tips on ATPL questions?, I am kind of worried. I self studied them and forgot most of them. (I am currently going over my old notes and some question bank hopefully that's good enough)
Thank you in advance.

Pinuz89
30th Mar 2019, 15:00
I would like to write my (sad) experience about my preparation and assessment in Ryanair.
I will try to be brief, if I can.

I really don't want to discourage people having the interview soon, or people willing to have one.

This is just my experience, and I want to tell you how it has been for me.

Ok, so I've created my profile on CAE, adding all my details and CV / bla bla bla, sending my application from there.
The day after they sent me the invitation to do the online assessment (it was Monday).
Fine, they've been so quick !

I completed the online test on Wednesday, with a lot of preparation before (latestpilotjob is a wonderful tool). I was a little bit concerned about some tests, because I didn't have the feeling to have done some logic exercises very good (especially the new one).

During the video interview I had the following questions:
1- Why do you want to join Ryanair ?
2- What are your weaknesses ?
3- How would you deal with an emergency ?

Very common and straightforward questions.

Anyway the day after I received an email stating that they were "moving to the next step": the phone call.
I was really happy because at least I passed the step 1.

I set my mobile volume to max those day, because you don't want to miss that call. (they said that the slot for the call should have been between 9:00 and 17:00).

I received finally this call after 6 days from the email, from Netherland, where a very nice lady confirmed that all my application was ok, no documents missing, and she made an appointment for me, in Ryanair headquarter in Dublin.
It was 2 week in advance, so plenty of time to organise the travel and the accomodation.

I was so happy, finally an official interview, and considering that they have been so quick sending the invitation, the result and the call, I really felt that they were looking for me (my mistake !).

I received a confirmation email, stating that they wanted a payment of 350€ for the assessment (considering that I had paid 55 for the online test earlier), so that was the first thing that did sound very good : 405€ for being considered by Ryanair.

The day before the assessment I went to uPilot (very very good guy and well prepared for Ryanair), in order to refresh my mind about the 737.

Ok, finally the big day came, I went to Ryanair main entrance, meeting other guys there; they were there for the same reason.
Very nice group of 7 guys hoping to get the job.

We were welcomed in a briefing room, where a short presentation has been held, regarding how that day would have been structured.

Some guys had the sim assessment first, others (including me) the interview first.

​After having been paired with a sim partner, we had plenty of time to discuss about the chart (it was Liverpool).

Finally, I've been called for the interview, so I went inside a room with the HR assessor together with the technical one.

The HR guy started asking some common question:

Tell me about yourself, why Ryr, where do you see yourself in 5 years, ecc. Something related to my CV, my previous job, my education, ecc.

I answered honestly, maybe my tone of voice hasn't been very assertive, but I said everything I wanted to say.

Then the other guy started asking some technical questions, like why should we mount the winglets, Which is the best position for the COG, why ?

What is the difference of DA and MDA ? What is the max altitude for the b738, and which is the altitude inside the cabin.
I really answered to all question very well, and the assessor was impressed, in fact, after the last question, he said: “oh, that because you are an engineer” (I have a degree in engineering), and I replied “yes, that the reason”, laughing together.

It was a nice chat, then I was free to go. I shook their hands and I went back to the briefing room with a very good feeling, waiting for the sim session.

Finally me and my sim mate have been called, so we made ourselves comfortable, organising the charts, and all the instruments inside the cockpit.

I was the PF first, so I gave a departure briefing to my partner, including the SID, the clearance, any possible threat, and an emergency brief, involving him asking for any suggestion or comments.

I took off, following the SID, all perfect, and after having reached the waypoint, I was told to practice some exercises (steep turns, climb descent, radial intercepting), all went really fine.
At some point the assessor, acting as a cabin crew, said that there was a sick passenger on board, with a suspected heart attack.

So I gave control to the PM, I briefed him, following DODAR, evaluating that an immediate landing in liverpool was the most suitable option, of course asking my partner if he agreed with this option. (claiming also, we are under our max land weight, so we are ok for an immediate return).

Then I briefed the cabin crew following NITS, so stating the intention, time available, and other special instructions, such as “we'll be taxing quickly to the gate, waiting for medical assistance”.
My PM made the Pan Pan call, all good.

We landed the aircraft under radar vectors.

My landing hasn't been very soft, but it was not a requirement, at least it was quite stable (not perfect but within limits), and on the centreline. (Considering that if you have to come back with a sick passenger, you are not looking for the best landing in your life).

My PM has been very helpful and prepared, then we swapped the task, PF to PM.

I tried to help my mate as much as possible, making the callouts, giving some tips if necessary, ecc.

He flew very good as well.

After the sim session we were free to go, my sensation was that we nailed it.
Very good chat during the interview, very good sim session, of course I could have done some mistakes, we are human, but overall I thought it went very very good.
So I went back home the day after with a very good feeling, very satisfied about my performance.

3 days after I received the long-awaited email, saying that “your assessment has been unsuccessful”, and I might be called after 12 months, (might !).

I spent all that day thinking what could have been wrong, what did they expect from me, ecc.
I heard the other guys, only 1 over 7 got the job.

So, I realised, I wasn't bad, they only needed 1 or maybe 2 pilots, and they call 100 in order to raise money with the interviews.

After the email, I felt that they played with us, and just to mention, I spent for the travel, the accommodation and the interview something like 1000€, and I think that's not fair with the people, that are looking for a job after hard work.
And just to mention, a lot of mates of mine went through the same assessment, failing as well were the pass rate was around 2 over 7.

All the people working for Ryanair that I know, they got the job at least 1 year ago.

So, it was a different period, now they might be slowing down.

That's my opinion, you can have a different one.

Pinuz89
30th Mar 2019, 15:51
Well that is quite demoralising.

Best of luck to you in the future and thank you for the feedback.

Thanks mate,
It is a pleasure to share exepriences, even if not good news

IFLYyouBREATH
30th Mar 2019, 16:28
Thank you for sharing man,

I am waiting to be called for two months and I see guys being called two days after having send their application...
Quite demotivating

Pinuz89
30th Mar 2019, 18:06

I am waiting to be called for two months and I see guys being called two days after having send their application...
Quite demotivating

I hope you get that call soon, and I don't want to discourage anyone.
Do your best and see what happen, of course being positive, but withou too much expectation.

ego180
31st Mar 2019, 09:36

Quite demotivating
I first applied in 2012 and received invitation in 2018 so just be patient!

flyjets1
31st Mar 2019, 09:56
I can also back up what Pinuz is saying.
It is the same story for both me and friends of mine who have done the assessment. I feel they are inviting people they have no intention of giving the job to make money.
On my assessment they even asked "who did a sim prep? Well you have wasted your money" How can a prep be a waste of money? The reason it is a waste of money is because they will not hire us anyway.
The "interview" was so unprofessional. They are not interested in anything I say, they are just going through the motion and the same with the technical even though I studied very hard for this and answered everything.
The sim went quite well, but again very disinterested.
Then a few days later ... unsuccessful email. It said we may call you again in a year. there is no way I will return to be taken advantage of again.
A waste of time and money. I would say be careful with an interview here because I also feel they invite a lot of people they do not want to give the job to. The only loser is you and your money.

BoeingLudo737
1st Apr 2019, 08:28
I would like to write my (sad) experience about my preparation and assessment in Ryanair.
I will try to be brief, if I can.

I really don't want to discourage people having the interview soon, or people willing to have one.

This is just my experience, and I want to tell you how it has been for me.

Ok, so I've created my profile on CAE, adding all my details and CV / bla bla bla, sending my application from there.
The day after they sent me the invitation to do the online assessment (it was Monday).
Fine, they've been so quick !

I completed the online test on Wednesday, with a lot of preparation before (latestpilotjob is a wonderful tool). I was a little bit concerned about some tests, because I didn't have the feeling to have done some logic exercises very good (especially the new one).

During the video interview I had the following questions:
1- Why do you want to join Ryanair ?
2- What are your weaknesses ?
3- How would you deal with an emergency ?

Very common and straightforward questions.

Anyway the day after I received an email stating that they were "moving to the next step": the phone call.
I was really happy because at least I passed the step 1.

I set my mobile volume to max those day, because you don't want to miss that call. (they said that the slot for the call should have been between 9:00 and 17:00).

I received finally this call after 6 days from the email, from Netherland, where a very nice lady confirmed that all my application was ok, no documents missing, and she made an appointment for me, in Ryanair headquarter in Dublin.
It was 2 week in advance, so plenty of time to organise the travel and the accomodation.

I was so happy, finally an official interview, and considering that they have been so quick sending the invitation, the result and the call, I really felt that they were looking for me (my mistake !).

I received a confirmation email, stating that they wanted a payment of 350€ for the assessment (considering that I had paid 55 for the online test earlier), so that was the first thing that did sound very good : 405€ for being considered by Ryanair.

The day before the assessment I went to uPilot (very very good guy and well prepared for Ryanair), in order to refresh my mind about the 737.

Ok, finally the big day came, I went to Ryanair main entrance, meeting other guys there; they were there for the same reason.
Very nice group of 7 guys hoping to get the job.

We were welcomed in a briefing room, where a short presentation has been held, regarding how that day would have been structured.

Some guys had the sim assessment first, others (including me) the interview first.

​After having been paired with a sim partner, we had plenty of time to discuss about the chart (it was Liverpool).

Finally, I've been called for the interview, so I went inside a room with the HR assessor together with the technical one.

The HR guy started asking some common question:

Tell me about yourself, why Ryr, where do you see yourself in 5 years, ecc. Something related to my CV, my previous job, my education, ecc.

I answered honestly, maybe my tone of voice hasn't been very assertive, but I said everything I wanted to say.

Then the other guy started asking some technical questions, like why should we mount the winglets, Which is the best position for the COG, why ?

What is the difference of DA and MDA ? What is the max altitude for the b738, and which is the altitude inside the cabin.
I really answered to all question very well, and the assessor was impressed, in fact, after the last question, he said: “oh, that because you are an engineer” (I have a degree in engineering), and I replied “yes, that the reason”, laughing together.

It was a nice chat, then I was free to go. I shook their hands and I went back to the briefing room with a very good feeling, waiting for the sim session.

Finally me and my sim mate have been called, so we made ourselves comfortable, organising the charts, and all the instruments inside the cockpit.

I was the PF first, so I gave a departure briefing to my partner, including the SID, the clearance, any possible threat, and an emergency brief, involving him asking for any suggestion or comments.

I took off, following the SID, all perfect, and after having reached the waypoint, I was told to practice some exercises (steep turns, climb descent, radial intercepting), all went really fine.
At some point the assessor, acting as a cabin crew, said that there was a sick passenger on board, with a suspected heart attack.

So I gave control to the PM, I briefed him, following DODAR, evaluating that an immediate landing in liverpool was the most suitable option, of course asking my partner if he agreed with this option. (claiming also, we are under our max land weight, so we are ok for an immediate return).

Then I briefed the cabin crew following NITS, so stating the intention, time available, and other special instructions, such as “we'll be taxing quickly to the gate, waiting for medical assistance”.
My PM made the Pan Pan call, all good.

We landed the aircraft under radar vectors.

My landing hasn't been very soft, but it was not a requirement, at least it was quite stable (not perfect but within limits), and on the centreline. (Considering that if you have to come back with a sick passenger, you are not looking for the best landing in your life).

My PM has been very helpful and prepared, then we swapped the task, PF to PM.

I tried to help my mate as much as possible, making the callouts, giving some tips if necessary, ecc.

He flew very good as well.

After the sim session we were free to go, my sensation was that we nailed it.
Very good chat during the interview, very good sim session, of course I could have done some mistakes, we are human, but overall I thought it went very very good.
So I went back home the day after with a very good feeling, very satisfied about my performance.

3 days after I received the long-awaited email, saying that “your assessment has been unsuccessful”, and I might be called after 12 months, (might !).

I spent all that day thinking what could have been wrong, what did they expect from me, ecc.
I heard the other guys, only 1 over 7 got the job.

So, I realised, I wasn't bad, they only needed 1 or maybe 2 pilots, and they call 100 in order to raise money with the interviews.

After the email, I felt that they played with us, and just to mention, I spent for the travel, the accommodation and the interview something like 1000€, and I think that's not fair with the people, that are looking for a job after hard work.
And just to mention, a lot of mates of mine went through the same assessment, failing as well were the pass rate was around 2 over 7.

All the people working for Ryanair that I know, they got the job at least 1 year ago.

So, it was a different period, now they might be slowing down.

That's my opinion, you can have a different one.

Saying that they just waste their time to make money is absolutely slanderous & untrue. Having spoken to my friends who are working there, they have many vacancies for Cadets (nearly 600 this year - they also stated that in a conference) so it's not a case that they need 1 or 2 on the day. Having read many articles about this, unfortunately the reality is that over 50% of applicants fail airline assessments for various reasons. You should be very careful when saying this sort of things as they assess 1000s of people and also give away 1000s of jobs.....
If you are blaming the airline for not getting the job you are really on the wrong track!

appfo09
1st Apr 2019, 09:47
Regarding replies from CAE/ Ryanair. Since I'm also waiting for ages for a response and since I am not getting any answers back from them after sending them numerous emails asking about the status of my application. I would like to post the following

Sometimes it is all about the RTFM acronym:

Under FAQ on CAE/ Ryanair website, the following is stated:

Q. When will you contact me? How long do I have to wait before I am contacted regarding my application?

Applicants will be contacted WHEN they have been selected to proceed in the selection process – it is not possible to provide a time-frame as to how long this might take.

Regrettably, if you have not been contacted within 24 months of creating your online application, please assume that your application has not been successful.

Hopefully, that answers all our questions.

Pinuz89
1st Apr 2019, 10:12
Saying that they just waste their time to make money is absolutely slanderous & untrue. Having spoken to my friends who are working there, they have many vacancies for Cadets (nearly 600 this year - they also stated that in a conference) so it's not a case that they need 1 or 2 on the day. Having read many articles about this, unfortunately the reality is that over 50% of applicants fail airline assessments for various reasons. You should be very careful when saying this sort of things as they assess 1000s of people and also give away 1000s of jobs.....
If you are blaming the airline for not getting the job you are really on the wrong track!

I'm not blaming Ryanair because I didn't get the job.
I'm saying that it really unlikely that a person (like me, and the others) with a first time pass in everything, young, with a degree in mechanical engineering, is not a good fit for them.
The interview went very good, the sim as well.
The same could be said for the other guys I met there.
Everyone with multiple experience, coming from the best schools in Europe.

Now I have other opportunities, who care about Ryanair any more !

fiducioso
1st Apr 2019, 10:55
I'm saying that it really unlikely that a person (like me, and the others) with a first time pass in everything, young, with a degree in mechanical engineering, is not a good fit for them.

they know exactly what they are looking for
if you didn't pass the interview there is a reason...or reasonS
you said: "interview was very good...sim as well"
ok...you are a presumptuous because in your position, you should find out where you made a mistake that day....but for you, ryan made a mistake.

Wondrex
1st Apr 2019, 11:26

​​​​​​Here we go again... I have a first pass in everything in the world plus I'm a engineer, sorry a Mechanical Engineer so it's just impossible I could make a mistake and fail an airline interview.
Welcome in the very prestigious "I never doubt myself" pilot club... Pathetic. Glad I won't be your colleage!

Good luck with your career and next assessments

Pinuz89
1st Apr 2019, 12:08
​​​​​​Here we go again... I have a first pass in everything in the world plus I'm a engineer, sorry a Mechanical Engineer so it's just impossible I could make a mistake and fail an airline interview.
Welcome in the very prestigious "I never doubt myself" pilot club... Pathetic. Glad I won't be your colleage!

please read carefully what I wrote (the original feedback), have I ever said I hadn't make any mistake ?
I said the the interview went good, and this is true, and I would be the happiest person in the world knowing which errors I have done, because I want to improve.
But unfortunately they don't give any feedback, and it is very difficult to figure out on my own without any external clue.

I'm my opinion in went good, because I answered to any question when the assessor said "oh very good answer".
Furthermore I flew the sim in the same way I was taught in my MCC course (same simulator, same aircraft).

Considering also that all my mates failed the interview 2/3 months ago, and only 1 over 7 got the job that day, can I suspect something strange that goes further than my possible mistakes ?

Pinuz89
1st Apr 2019, 12:11

anyway don't worry too much, I glad not to be your collegue as well !

RomanK
1st Apr 2019, 12:24
There are some reasons why Ryanair can increase the passing score:
- fleet growth is frozen right now (no new deliveries since mid-December, as far as I can see)
- terms are not so bad as before so fewer departures
- 737MAX grounded meaning overstaff for other airlines and not Ryanair. So, experienced FOs can look at FR

I also failed the interview but reasons are a little bit clear

aviationfanatic
1st Apr 2019, 12:34

You are just a fool I am afraid. You think that because you passed everything first time they should give you a job??? In your head then, they should just give you the job because you "assume" you are perfect or because you think you went to best school?
Are you an aviation/hr expert to determine whether the interview & sim were very good?
I feel sorry for the airline that might consider giving you a job!

Wondrex
1st Apr 2019, 12:41
please read carefully what I wrote (the original feedback), have I ever said I hadn't make any mistake ?
I said the the interview went good, and this is true, and I would be the happiest person in the world knowing which errors I have done, because I want to improve.
But unfortunately they don't give any feedback, and it is very difficult to figure out on my own without any external clue.

I'm my opinion in went good, because I answered to any question when the assessor said "oh very good answer".
Furthermore I flew the sim in the same way I was taught in my MCC course (same simulator, same aircraft).

Considering also that all my mates failed the interview 2/3 months ago, and only 1 over 7 got the job that day, can I suspect something strange that goes further than my possible mistakes ?

Please read carefully what I wrote (the original feedback). Okay, let's read it again. You clearly pretend you got rejected because RYR need money not because you might not meet the standards/requirements"

Than, I quote :"I'm saying that it really unlikely that a person (like me, and the others) with a first time pass in everything, young, with a degree in mechanical engineering, is not a good fit for them."

When I did my interview we were 8. 7 of us got the job. One week later, I heard O'Leary robbed a bank that day. That's why we got the job.

Ciao!

Antonio Montana
1st Apr 2019, 12:50
Pinuz,
You wont like this, but...
After reading your posts, I cannot help but feel you need to take a reality check.
It is hard when we don't get what we want in life, I too have been in a similar situation to you, where I could not get a foot in the door.
You feel your sim went well, some advice, if you want it from a 737 driver with lots of experience,
A passenger has a suspected Heart Attack, this is a simple case of Divert, there is no requirement of DODAR (Diagnosis, Options, Decision, Actions, Review, for those unfamiliar with it), it does not really require a NITS Briefing either (Nature of Problem, Intentions, Time Available and Special Instructions).
I would inform ATC, the Senior and of course a PA for the passengers, on landing ask for Paramedics to meet you on the taxiway when you exit the runway.
Taxiing at high speed is never a good idea.
It is also possible that giving your sim partner tips, came across as a bit arrogant, the way you talk about how well your sim went does feel a bit sky god.
Please take this in the manner it is intended, we all are learning all of the time, it seems that Ryanair was not a good fit for you at this time, maybe in the future.
Good luck with your other opportunities.

Hawker400
1st Apr 2019, 14:51
The consensus is pretty clear so I'm not going to comment too much. The way you write feels as though you were entitled a job when it's obvious most here would not like to have you as a cabin mate. Don't be fooled into thinking someone in HR can't see that too. I haven't had a long career in aviation (8yrs) but I've been through a terrible terrible hiring freeze where you will be left scrambling for answers why your amazing job interview didn't go anywhere.
Pick up the pieces and move on, a good professional can pick out good advice from anywhere and luckily for us PPRUNE can give us free life check 😅

Pinuz89
1st Apr 2019, 15:14
Pinuz,
You wont like this, but...
After reading your posts, I cannot help but feel you need to take a reality check.
It is hard when we don't get what we want in life, I too have been in a similar situation to you, where I could not get a foot in the door.
You feel your sim went well, some advice, if you want it from a 737 driver with lots of experience,
A passenger has a suspected Heart Attack, this is a simple case of Divert, there is no requirement of DODAR (Diagnosis, Options, Decision, Actions, Review, for those unfamiliar with it), it does not really require a NITS Briefing either (Nature of Problem, Intentions, Time Available and Special Instructions).
I would inform ATC, the Senior and of course a PA for the passengers, on landing ask for Paramedics to meet you on the taxiway when you exit the runway.
Taxiing at high speed is never a good idea.
It is also possible that giving your sim partner tips, came across as a bit arrogant, the way you talk about how well your sim went does feel a bit sky god.
Please take this in the manner it is intended, we all are learning all of the time, it seems that Ryanair was not a good fit for you at this time, maybe in the future.
Good luck with your other opportunities.

Hello, I appreciate your comment, at least it was quite constructive, and not insulting like others, because everyone feels free to offend behind a keyboard.
People told me Patetich, fool, just because I shared my opinion.
I did not offend anyone, but apparently they did, maybe they are better than me inside a cockpit, I can notice just watching how they address to people.

Anyway the departing aerodrome was the nearest, so no need for a diversion to others.

And at least a briefing to your colleague is always a good idea, in order to make a decision agreed together.

aviationfanatic
1st Apr 2019, 16:04
[QUOTE=Pinuz89;10435878]Hello, I appreciate your comment, at least it was quite constructive, and not insulting like others, because everyone feels free to offend behind a keyboard.
People told me Patetich, fool, just because I shared my opinion.

So your opinion is to accuse an airline of stealing your money because you didn't pass their assessment......

Antonio Montana
1st Apr 2019, 16:38
Anyway the departing aerodrome was the nearest, so no need for a diversion to others.

And at least a briefing to your colleague is always a good idea, in order to make a decision agreed together.

I think its best if I clarify for you, if you are going to an airport other than destination, it is a diversion. Yes you need to discuss this option with the other pilot, but it does not need a DODAR, just a simple process, for example ' We have just left Liverpool, it is Cavok, its close, we can hold etc'

If it helps, I would have dealt with it this way.
We have a passenger with a suspected heart attack, we are near our departure aerodrome, I suggest we divert there, (taking into account the weather), see if your partner agrees, if not why not.
Tell ATC and Hold at present position, or a nearby fix.
Give control to your Sim Partner.
Set up FMC, Nav Aids etc for expected approach, get fresh weather.
Brief
Inform the Cabin crew and passengers
Checklists
Approach and land.

If in doubt keep it simple, it does tend to work.

KT1988
1st Apr 2019, 20:11
Its still some time before I will be able to send my application. But I do still read the forum because I wish to know what to expect. And now since someone mentioned DODAR and NITS was not necessary I started to wonder. Because from most topics I read and what I heard from the ATPL course lecturer (FO in Ryan Air) at my school. Ryan Air is the airline where DODAR and NITS are like almost mandatory on the assessment and SOP is even more important than in other airlines + stabilized approach, from what I heard (I do not know if its true) many other airlines do not fire pilots for not being stabilized on the approach and not performing a go around then.

But maybe its not so important and thinking all the time during an assessment "can I do the DODAR + NITS is it now, now?, now?" or doing a go around at the slightest feeling of non stable approach (while it was stable) is not a good idea. But from what I heard its supposed to be almost like if you do not do DODAR + NITS when they do the interruption "emergency or sick passenger" then you fail. I hope to know much more about what is the proper approach to the assesments after doing a VA APS MCC (hopefully they know what the airlines really expect).

PS. I believe its very frustrating for people to just get the message "you failed" with not even a single sentence what to do better or what to work on. Just imagine if it was the same way on ATPL theory exams, I believe people would totally "freak out" if the exam just gave you the score and no info about what you did answer wrong. We would have 100 000s of conspiracy theories. Of course I do understand that most airlines do not have enough time to give any feedback to the candidates. If I failed an assessment I would for sure buy more time at the APS MCC provider to "redo" a similar sim exercise to understand what could be done better and then work on it. Then there is also a possibility of failing the HR part.... then its not so easy to discover what is wrong and possibly something wrong for one airline is something good for another one since HR is probably not like mathematics where the answer is correct or wrong (except from obvious HR failures but those are probably noticeable at the APS MCC training stage).

Antonio Montana
2nd Apr 2019, 09:52
KT1988,
First of all, I have no idea what Ryanair are looking for in a new pilot.
As such I cannot comment on what you should or should not do in the Sim check.

However, just to throw a DODAR or NITS in without any thought, does not make any sense.

In the real world however...

If you have a Engine Failure, FMC Failure, IRS Failure, Decompression or some other Aircraft system fail then yes you should complete a DODAR, at the right time, when is the right time, well that's the big question. How I do it, say we have an engine seize, after the aircraft is in a safe state, Memory Items complete, QRH Engine Severe damage checklist completed and we in a holding position, then if time allows do a DODAR. Make a plan, get some information, decide on a plan of action.

Example,
Diagnosis: What happened, well we have Zero N1, Zero N2 still got EGT the aircraft pulled to the left, we have a fuel imbalance with more fuel in the left tank. I think we have had No1 engine Seize.
Options: Carry on, Divert, return to Departure Aerodrome.
Decision: Return to Departure ( in this example)
Actions: We need weather for the Departure Aerodrome, tell ATC the plan, set up the FMC/ Instruments/ Nav Aids, landing distance, autobrake setting, Fuel Balance, etc and Brief, talk to the company (if able), NITS, talk to passengers, One engine inoperative landing checklist.
Review: Is the decision correct? Is the Decision still valid, what do we still have to do.

As you can see this is not just a simple process,
Next is the NITS:

Nature: We have had an engine fail, it is under control
Intentions: We will return to Departure Airfield
Time: I expect we will make an approach at .......
Special Instructions: This will be a precautionary landing so no expectation to evacuate once we have stopped. We will be followed by the Fire Engines to stand, this is normal

The Senior should read this back to you.
Then make a PA to the Pax.

I can assure you the above example does work, I have had to use it more then once.

I suggest if you are offered a Interview at any airline with a Sim check, try to talk to others who have been offered jobs to see what they did and what they feel is expected of you.

As I said on a previous post, Keep It Simple, you will be fine.

2nd Apr 2019, 12:17
KT1988, I'm told what Ryanair are really looking for is good ATPL results, good flight school report and a good down to earth, flexible attitude. I would not get too bogged down in technicalities, they really just use them as 'legal' reasons to fail candidates that they really don't want.

I think you need to read between the lines a little. I could nearly guarantee you that the fact Pinuz89 has been failed on the basis of a few technicalities is merely a formality. Antonio Montana has very eloquently demonstrated, on the basis of the information that Pinuz89's has provided, that Pinuz89's skills are of questionable ability and combine this with his attitude; it's a dangerous mix to say the least.

I have failed many times before, I know what its like and some times it can be very difficult to see why you failed. It's even harder when you cannot admit to yourself that maybe it's actually yourself that needs to change.

pilot_mairi
8th Apr 2019, 02:06
So, anyone on assessment for the 25th? Message if you wanna meet day before in Dublin to study etc.

jelone
10th Apr 2019, 09:31
Anyone on CAE 1905?

jelone
10th Apr 2019, 09:32
Feel free to send me a PM if you are on CAE 1905

===========================

Pal33
12th Apr 2019, 09:22
Does anybody have any feedback for the latest interview questions of the online assessment?

Pinuz89
12th Apr 2019, 09:32
Does anybody have any feedback for the latest interview questions of the online assessment?

I had:

Why Ryr ?
Your strenght and your weaknesses
How would you deal with an emergency.

it was last month, some guys had to talk about the Fuel /electrical system of the previous aircraft.

Another question I heard, it was Which good qualities should a leadership have ?

itchybumba
13th Apr 2019, 10:07
Hi Pinuz89,

Ryanair defintely dont need to make money from sim assessments. When you think of the cost of personnel for the day, all the paperwork that goes into it, the cost of buying and maintaining the sim at Dublin just for interviews, there isnt much profit in it and they would make far far more money selling 1 cup of coffee to every traveller on 1 day than they would on a year of interviews!

Having done the assessment your decision to do a dodar and nits for a medical emergency also sounds ok to me - its what i did in the same circumstance and i got the job. So maybe your PF duties were not the thing that let you down on the day. I agree with other comments that on the line its unlikley you would dodar in this circumstance but its what Ryanair want to see in the sim on the interview.

Your PM duties - where you have said you were giving him tips..... be careful here. Youre part of a team and its both your job to ensure safe execution of the job in hand but if those tips could be interpreted as you telling the guy how to fly that could let you down.

I would also look very closely at your answers to the HR part of the interview. All you say here is that you said what you wanted to say and that you may not have been assertive. I wouldnt say its assertiveness they are looking for here really, but they defintely want people who have really thought through how a job in an airline like Ryanair will affect their life. Does the thought of living and working abroad excite you and how would you cope with it, how does it fit in with your personal circumstances and current family life? Answers to question such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years" often get glossed over as not important when in reality, in an airline that really needs to improve its retention of experienced staff, the answers you give here can be just as important to the outcome as how well you flew the ILS. So while i am sure you probably said something like being a 737 Captain in Ryanair... what about where you would be living, being happy in life having fulfilled a dream to fly but looking for how you can continue and grow in the company in the training departments, what about seeking an opportunity to get the Learjet TR in the company etc etc.... Really think about how you flesh out these answers to sound like you have really thought about how you will build your life around the company to acheive a happy life, both professionally and personally.

Anyway, this interview didnt work out. If another one doesnt work out, next time maybe look closer to yourself than calling it a money making excersise. Ryanair still need pilots, and for what ever reason on that day 1 or more of the assessors didnt think you were the right fit for the company. So think about why that mightbe and try to adapt for the next interview.

Good luck to all the job hunters.

Pinuz89
13th Apr 2019, 12:56
Hi Pinuz89,

Ryanair defintely dont need to make money from sim assessments. When you think of the cost of personnel for the day, all the paperwork that goes into it, the cost of buying and maintaining the sim at Dublin just for interviews, there isnt much profit in it and they would make far far more money selling 1 cup of coffee to every traveller on 1 day than they would on a year of interviews!

Having done the assessment your decision to do a dodar and nits for a medical emergency also sounds ok to me - its what i did in the same circumstance and i got the job. So maybe your PF duties were not the thing that let you down on the day. I agree with other comments that on the line its unlikley you would dodar in this circumstance but its what Ryanair want to see in the sim on the interview.

Your PM duties - where you have said you were giving him tips..... be careful here. Youre part of a team and its both your job to ensure safe execution of the job in hand but if those tips could be interpreted as you telling the guy how to fly that could let you down.

I would also look very closely at your answers to the HR part of the interview. All you say here is that you said what you wanted to say and that you may not have been assertive. I wouldnt say its assertiveness they are looking for here really, but they defintely want people who have really thought through how a job in an airline like Ryanair will affect their life. Does the thought of living and working abroad excite you and how would you cope with it, how does it fit in with your personal circumstances and current family life? Answers to question such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years" often get glossed over as not important when in reality, in an airline that really needs to improve its retention of experienced staff, the answers you give here can be just as important to the outcome as how well you flew the ILS. So while i am sure you probably said something like being a 737 Captain in Ryanair... what about where you would be living, being happy in life having fulfilled a dream to fly but looking for how you can continue and grow in the company in the training departments, what about seeking an opportunity to get the Learjet TR in the company etc etc.... Really think about how you flesh out these answers to sound like you have really thought about how you will build your life around the company to acheive a happy life, both professionally and personally.

Anyway, this interview didnt work out. If another one doesnt work out, next time maybe look closer to yourself than calling it a money making excersise. Ryanair still need pilots, and for what ever reason on that day 1 or more of the assessors didnt think you were the right fit for the company. So think about why that mightbe and try to adapt for the next interview.

Good luck to all the job hunters.

Hello,
I like your comment, and I agree on most of your tips.

Just few clarification, we were told in the pre-assessment briefing that it's important not to bug immediately the speed chased, but for example, put flap 1 then bug 190; flap 5 then bug 170, ecc.
When I was the PM, my partner asked to bug 170, with flaps in up position. So I said : "Are you sure you don't want 190 ?"
He replied immediately "yes that's correct".

For this reason they put 2 pilots in a cockpit, so it was not for being arrogant, but just to point out the mistake my colleague has done, and viceversa for me, for safety reasons.

For what concerning the sentence I wrote about the money they asked for the assessment, ok, I wrote something dangerous, I needed to let off some steam those days.
But I haven't changed my mind on that, because I'm going into another interview next month, and this company is paying my tickets if I'll catch their airplanes to get there.
And this is way different from Ryr.
And I've never had to pay for a job interview !

Anyway I'm still having some doubts regarding the selection method.
I'm not talking about myself, let say for instace I'm not a good fit for them, I accept that, but what about all the other guys, with multiple experiences, coming from important schools ?
All the people I met, in Simtech during the MCC course, all my flight school mates, and other guys I know, nobody passed (in different periods), and one of them is now working for a flag carrier !
To be fair just few guys got the job, but at least 2 years ago.

It sounds suspicious

SpainHire
13th Apr 2019, 13:13
...let say for instace I'm not a good fit for them, I accept that, but what about all the other guys, with multiple experiences, coming from important schools ?
All the people I met, in Simtech during the MCC course, all my flight school mates, and other guys I know, nobody passed (in different periods), and one of them is now working for a flag carrier !...

I think you're making a very basic, and to be honest, stupid mistake here. Just because people with experience of coming from "important schools" (whatever bullcrap that means, clearly you're a sucker for marketing) doesn't make them the right fit. Maybe they are a right fit at a flag carrier, but not the right fit at Ryanair. Are you honestly so naive to believe that every airline wants the exact same profile of pilot?

There is a company culture, and every company is different. What Ryanair wants may be different than your flag carriers, and all the obviously unbiased information your so many failed friends have provided you.

My advice to you is stop acting a like a victim and realise, sometimes there are outside factors that are detrimental to you, and that sucks, and other times you need to look a bit more inwards. But whatever you do, do not continue down this trap of assuming the aviation industry or airlines owe you a job; they do not.

TOLIP7
13th Apr 2019, 13:27
Dear Pinuz, I've read everything related to your experience in RYR since your first post and I'm sorry about your experience. However, all experiences in assessments will help you in future assessments.

(...)
When I was the PM, my partner asked to bug 170, with flaps in up position. So I said : "Are you sure you don't want 190 ?"
(...)

So for your mate, we now have an objective fact why he maybe didn't get the job: he had the info about the speed for every flap for a long time before the assessment and he didn't know it.
I'm not saying that this is the reason, we all can forget about the most basic things in a stressful situation like an airline assessment, but it's a possibility, in my opinion.

(...)
I'm not talking about myself, let say for instace I'm not a good fit for them, I accept that, but what about all the other guys, with multiple experiences, coming from important schools ?
(...)
It sounds suspicious

Luckily, in Ryanair doens't matter where you come from, but how you are and your knowledge. In my opinion, "coming from important schools" means nothing. You may have the best instructors and/or best means during your formation, but at the end of the day what really makes the difference is you and your own work.

---

I would also like to point something that maybe a lot of people don't take into account (myself included, some time ago). The fact that you have passed the online assessment (including the psychological and personality tests) doesn't mean that they won't take them into account when making the final decision. I have friends working in psychology and they tell me that the tests are a very good way to have an average idea about the personality, but many times those tests are not 100% precise, so an interview can be very helpful in order to determine the type of personality.

I'm not saying that this is Pinuz case, but it's possible that they saw something in the personality tests that they were not sure about and they confirmed it in the interview and assessment. I repeat: I'm not saying that this is your case.

So overall, what I wanted to say is that a selection process is not as simple as we imagine (or want to imagine). The different tests that you make aren't isolated from the others, as they may look.

itchybumba
13th Apr 2019, 22:09
Hello,
I like your comment, and I agree on most of your tips.

Just few clarification, we were told in the pre-assessment briefing that it's important not to bug immediately the speed chased, but for example, put flap 1 then bug 190; flap 5 then bug 170, ecc.

For this reason they put 2 pilots in a cockpit, so it was not for being arrogant, but just to point out the mistake my colleague has done, and viceversa for me, for safety reasons.

For what concerning the sentence I wrote about the money they asked for the assessment, ok, I wrote something dangerous, I needed to let off some steam those days.
But I haven't changed my mind on that, because I'm going into another interview next month, and this company is paying my tickets if I'll catch their airplanes to get there.
And this is way different from Ryr.
And I've never had to pay for a job interview !

All the people I met, in Simtech during the MCC course, all my flight school mates, and other guys I know, nobody passed (in different periods), and one of them is now working for a flag carrier !
To be fair just few guys got the job, but at least 2 years ago.

It sounds suspicious

Sounds like the call you made regarding flap retraction speeds was the right one so if thats what you meant when saying you gave the PF tips i agree with you - your actions seem OK to me on that front.

So there will be something else which meant that on that day you did not demonstrate all the qualities/attributes/personality traits they were looking for. There are far easier ways for Ryanair to make money than running dodgy assessments so we will have to agree to disagree there :-)

I do agree its pretty rubbish that they charge for the interview..... but its not uncommon in this industry, especially for low hour jobs. I am not saying its right, thats just the world we are in unfortunately.

As someone else mentioned, different airlines look for different things and i also know a few people who have failed the Ryanair assessment and then went on to get great jobs elsewhere, including flag carriers.

My advice would be try to take on as much feedback from this thread as you can into your next interview as even if you think some of the advice is wrong.... think of the consequences if its actually you thats wrong - you wont develop and you wont get a job. So use the experience to get better at assessments and then when you get that job, all job hunting trials and tribulations will be forgotten!!

Good luck in your next interview.

Banana Joe
13th Apr 2019, 22:20
Move on Pinuz. There are other jobs out there. I was in the same situation a little over a year ago and a few months later I got 4 job offers in the span 2 months with relatively good T&C's.

I also had a pleasant day at RYR, the assessors were very friendly and I thought I did well. Maybe I did, but something raised a flag for them and made them realise I was not the good fit for them at that point in time.

rotorwills
14th Apr 2019, 09:54
Just relating what I have heard from a few. RyanAir have slightly changed their approach to recent recruitment, lots of speculation as to why, my own thoughts are their constant loss of well trained crew to others. They are favouring the more mature crew trusting that their retention rate improves. They of course will still recruit from schools as their need for constant number increases needed to keep up with their fleet acquisitions. Right now with the Max slowing down their rapid growth proposals I can see this just temporary slide in their recruitment. Pretty sure it's a very temporary situation. Generally Boeing crew job opportunity is a little stagnant with the concerns of the Max. Just a nervous time for some but again some see it as a positive in the recruitment business.

pilotbekesi
15th Apr 2019, 21:59
Hi all,

I am finishing ATPL in a month and I am looking into MCC\MCC ATS corses.
Im 28 years old and I have 450TT and a season as a tug pilot in UK thats worth mentioning as an experience on my CV.
My primary target is Ryanair for number of reasons.
For MCC ATS thats what they say as we see

Will be given preference during selection
Will be at a distinct advantage in the interview and assessment process

But I find it a bit pricy compare to a "regular" MCC.
How much do you guys know about this distinct advantage as they say?
Can I still get a call from them if i do only MCC?

Thanks

Pinuz89
16th Apr 2019, 17:42
Move on Pinuz. There are other jobs out there. I was in the same situation a little over a year ago and a few months later I got 4 job offers in the span 2 months with relatively good T&C's.

I also had a pleasant day at RYR, the assessors were very friendly and I thought I did well. Maybe I did, but something raised a flag for them and made them realise I was not the good fit for them at that point in time.

Yes, I had few opportunities as well, the big mistake for fresh pilots, including me, is to focus only on Ryanair, as it was the sole opportunity.

Ok, with a TR and 500h on type, finding a job could be easier, but I cannot complain at present.

Pinuz89
16th Apr 2019, 17:46
Hi all,

I am finishing ATPL in a month and I am looking into MCC\MCC ATS corses.
Im 28 years old and I have 450TT and a season as a tug pilot in UK thats worth mentioning as an experience on my CV.
My primary target is Ryanair for number of reasons.
For MCC ATS thats what they say as we see

Will be given preference during selection
Will be at a distinct advantage in the interview and assessment process

But I find it a bit pricy compare to a "regular" MCC.
How much do you guys know about this distinct advantage as they say?
Can I still get a call from them if i do only MCC?

Thanks

The APS course is more complete, because there is a little test at the end, and you will do 40h instead of 28.
So, the course itself is better in terms of preparation, but I'm my opinion there's no difference for Ryr.
If they want to take you, they will, otherwise they won't.

If you have any doubts for the APS, the traditional MCC/JOC is absolutely still good for everyone.

aviationfanatic
16th Apr 2019, 20:36
The APS course is more complete, because there is a little test at the end, and you will do 40h instead of 28.
So, the course itself is better in terms of preparation, but I'm my opinion there's no difference for Ryr.
If they want to take you, they will, otherwise they won't.

If you have any doubts for the APS, the traditional MCC/JOC is absolutely still good for everyone.
You have suddenly become an expert on RYR's assessment requirements and what they are looking for,

Ryanair does prefer APS MCC candidates and it is clearly stated on their minimum requirements

Pinuz89
16th Apr 2019, 23:06
You have suddenly become an expert on RYR's assessment requirements and what they are looking for,

Ryanair does prefer APS MCC candidates and it is clearly stated on their minimum requirements

Dude, I know the difference between APS and MCC/JOC, and I even know that it's not a requirment at present for getting a job.
I said in my opinion, again, "in my opinion", that it's not the reason why Ryr is taking a candidate or not.

Is it my right to express what I think, or should I ask your permission ?

We are sharing our experience and infos in order to help each other, that's the task of this forum, not insulting people.

Please be polite !

A320LGW
17th Apr 2019, 13:57
Does someone know what the application form is that they are looking for when attending the assessment? Is it something from the CAE website where we uploaded our documents?

GomuGomuPilot
17th Apr 2019, 15:08
Does someone know what the application form is that they are looking for when attending the assessment? Is it something from the CAE website where we uploaded our documents?Type "Ryanair Boeing 737NG Type Rating CAE" on google, (mostly the first link after ads) then click apply now. It will take all the details then will let you upload your doc.

GomuGomuPilot
18th Apr 2019, 00:30
Thank you for that, i'm looking something a bit different though. I have applied and passed the online assessment, now i have been invited to attend the assessment in Dublin. In the list of documents they are requesting for me to bring they say 'application form', i don't remember any specific application form ... so was wondering what they mean by this?
Haha sorry, how did your online assessment went, Specially atpl qustions (did you find them easy)? And other exercises?.
(reply when you get the time since you ate preparing for an assessment). Thank you.

anto125
18th Apr 2019, 03:29
Good luck a320! No info about application form

As for the aps I think the great advantage at sky4u for example (Where I did my basic mcc) is that you already train on ryanair procedures and standards, even if during an assesment I guess you're not supposed to know them.
Had a friend who just got in after aps mcc at virtual aviation

Pal33
18th Apr 2019, 08:18
Thank you for that, i'm looking something a bit different though. I have applied and passed the online assessment, now i have been invited to attend the assessment in Dublin. In the list of documents they are requesting for me to bring they say 'application form', i don't remember any specific application form ... so was wondering what they mean by this?

you get the application form in the briefing pack once you have been given a date and paid for the assessment in Dublin

Fede84
18th Apr 2019, 09:08
Hi, I will be on assessment the 24th.

A320LGW
18th Apr 2019, 10:15
Got it, thanks!

Pinofly
18th Apr 2019, 17:30
Anyone on the 30th April in Dublin for the assessment?

pilot1997
19th Apr 2019, 13:05
Anyone going to start Type on 1st july and do simulator in Amsterdam? CAE1907 :)

voyotv
22nd Apr 2019, 22:14

I think its best if I clarify for you, if you are going to an airport other than destination, it is a diversion. Yes you need to discuss this option with the other pilot, but it does not need a DODAR, just a simple process, for example ' We have just left Liverpool, it is Cavok, its close, we can hold etc'

If it helps, I would have dealt with it this way.
We have a passenger with a suspected heart attack, we are near our departure aerodrome, I suggest we divert there, (taking into account the weather), see if your partner agrees, if not why not.
Tell ATC and Hold at present position, or a nearby fix.
Give control to your Sim Partner.
Set up FMC, Nav Aids etc for expected approach, get fresh weather.
Brief
Inform the Cabin crew and passengers
Checklists
Approach and land.

If in doubt keep it simple, it does tend to work.

A little old, but I though your reply was funny, so I have to comment :D

You say this situation doesn't need DODAR, but than you immediately contradict yourself by actually doing a DODAR!

D = DIAGNOSE = "We have a passenger with a suspected heart attack,..."
O = OPTIONS = "We have just left Liverpool, its close..." / "We are near our departure aerodrome,... so"
D = DECIDE = "I suggest we divert there, (taking into account the weather),..."
A = ASSIGN TASKS = "Tell ATC and Hold at present position, or a nearby fix,...; Set up FMC, Nav Aids etc for expected approach, get fresh weather...; Brief...; Inform the Cabin crew and passengers..."

Congratz, you just did a DODAR... :)

"...it does not really require a NITS Briefing either..."
I would inform ATC, the Senior and of course a PA for the passengers,...

Well, that's the point of a NITS brief.. to inform the Senior..

So in reality you would do both DODAR & NITS.. which you should..

Antonio Montana
23rd Apr 2019, 06:35
Voyotv, you have quoted me out of context, it seems you don't understand the point I was trying to get across.

DODAR is an aid to help with decision making during an abnormal situation or emergency.
Each of the acronym stands for something that allows Pilots to come back to a situation to re-analyse their course of actions and the next required tasks.
If you have time, you can do one as a team, it is not designed to be used in a throwaway way, just to impress the Sim instructor, something I see all too often by cadets .

Well, that's the point of a NITS brief.. to inform the Senior..
A NITS brief is to inform the Cabin Crew, via the Senior, of a situation they may need to prepare the cabin and passengers for, if you are returning a perfectly serviceable aircraft due to a problem with a passenger, it does not need a NITS. Again something I find overused in the SIM, by inexperienced crews.

If you are going to do them, then do them properly, which means working as a team.

As I said Keep It Simple, it does work. I know from experience, more than once.

voyotv
23rd Apr 2019, 10:06
Voyotv, you have quoted me out of context, it seems you don't understand the point I was trying to get across.

DODAR is an aid to help with decision making during an abnormal situation or emergency.
Each of the acronym stands for something that allows Pilots to come back to a situation to re-analyse their course of actions and the next required tasks.
If you have time, you can do one as a team, it is not designed to be used in a throwaway way, just to impress the Sim instructor, something I see all too often by cadets .

A NITS brief is to inform the Cabin Crew, via the Senior, of a situation they may need to prepare the cabin and passengers for, if you are returning a perfectly serviceable aircraft due to a problem with a passenger, it does not need a NITS. Again something I find overused in the SIM, by inexperienced crews.

If you are going to do them, then do them properly, which means working as a team.

As I said Keep It Simple, it does work. I know from experience, more than once.

The point is..

You are giving bad advice to people reading this thread and trying to pass the assessment. You need to FULLY brief DODAR and NITS, that is the whole point of the assessment. They assess your CRM, cooperation, briefs and performance under stress. And by not fully briefing “by the book”, you WILL FAIL.

People are not interested in how would you personally deal with this in a real world situation. In order to get there you first need to pass the assessment.

You probably also don’t drive your car the way you did on your check ride with your examiner, do you..?

Antonio Montana
23rd Apr 2019, 11:30
Voyotov, it has never been my intention to lead anyone in the wrong direction.

I cannot comment on Ryanair as I have not performed any sim assessments for them, you obviously have lots more experience than I do with Ryanair.
The companies I do assessments for with cadets, have a different criteria, this is not a comment against Ryanair, they have some of the best training in the business, its their toy set they make the rules.

If they want a DODAR and a NITS brief, then use a structured brief, the whole point is it will aid you.

I have written a very detailed synopsis of a DODAR and NITS, on page 441 post number 8806.

I suggest as someone who does this for a living, that you and others study the structure and learn from it.
You want to be a professional then be one, it is process driven, there is no need to rush it.
The Examiner is not there to catch you out, nor are they looking for perfection, be professional, clam and relaxed and you will be fine.
Good luck with your endeavours.

SID PLATE
23rd Apr 2019, 11:45
Got it, thanks!

Don't mention your pprune login name. It wouldn't go down too well. ... or change it to B738GDN

The Crew
24th Apr 2019, 22:35
Has Anyone done DEC non rated assessment recently? I was wondering if I will be asked tech questions on my current type, or on the B737?

PM me if you like .

Hawker400
25th Apr 2019, 10:06
Has Anyone done DEC non rated assessment recently? I was wondering if I will be asked tech questions on my current type, or on the B737?

PM me if you like .

From what I've seen for all candidates you will definitely be asked on current type (or class in the case of cadets), and what appears to be a test on your level of knowledge of the 737. This is all at the oral interview, confirmed by a few mates, experienced in commercial/corporate but NTR on 737.
​​​​
​​​​​

ionut92
27th Apr 2019, 16:11
Anyone here starting Type on the 8th of July(intro week) in EMA FR1907?

ddaveid
27th Apr 2019, 18:58
Hi, I will be on assessment the 24th.
Hi, I have also been on an assessment on 24th April at Ryanair. Have you been successfull?

David

Rendy
28th Apr 2019, 17:19
Just out of interest, do they still offer “self-employed” contract (Storm/McGinley) to cadets, or it’s RYR employment only now?

Turkpilot1
29th Apr 2019, 06:11
@ The Crew, latestpilotjobs has a interview preparation for ryanair, but it is more towards cadets for their online assessment and they call it Irish Low Cost Carrier preparation (https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Irish%20Low%20Cost%20Carrier%20Interview%20Preparation) (don't ask me why they change the name). Below are few questions asked from my interview as non rated DEC (very easy interview)

The assessment lasted the entire day and we where around 6 pilots (experienced pilots).

Then they started to give us a brief about the simulator assessment and they run it as a loft. I flew for 90 minutes and used current companies sop’s and work as a team (CRM).

After that it was briefing about the company (base/workpattern and salary)
Then we had an hour HR questions with a TRE and mainly asked about my history and where I prefer to be based at. Then he asked 3 questions

memory item on current airplane
one question about low approach go around procedure
some icing question which i don’t remember

Don’t stress it is easy interview

The Crew
29th Apr 2019, 16:42
@ The Crew, latestpilotjobs has a interview preparation for ryanair, but it is more towards cadets for their online assessment and they call it Irish Low Cost Carrier preparation (https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Irish%20Low%20Cost%20Carrier%20Interview%20Preparation) (don't ask me why they change the name). Below are few questions asked from my interview as non rated DEC (very easy interview)

The assessment lasted the entire day and we where around 6 pilots (experienced pilots).

Then they started to give us a brief about the simulator assessment and they run it as a loft. I flew for 90 minutes and used current companies sop’s and work as a team (CRM).

After that it was briefing about the company (base/workpattern and salary)
Then we had an hour HR questions with a TRE and mainly asked about my history and where I prefer to be based at. Then he asked 3 questions

memory item on current airplane
one question about low approach go around procedure
some icing question which i don’t remember
Don’t stress it is easy interview

Hi Turkpilot, was the loft the same scenario as has been talked about here for the last 100 pages, or something different
for experienced guys? 90 mins of flight, that was presumably a total as PF and PM ?

By the way , did you get your 1st base choice, assuming you took the job?

magic91
30th Apr 2019, 21:08
Hi! How long does it usually take to get invitation for the online assessment after the "application under review" email?

GomuGomuPilot
30th Apr 2019, 21:58
Hi! How long does it usually take to get invitation for the online assessment after the "application under review" email?

It varies, it take 2 hours to 16 days from previous comment. Sometimes it can take longer.

ddaveid
30th Apr 2019, 22:50

Hi, I got an invitation for the online assessment one day after submitting my application to CAE.

magic91
1st May 2019, 11:29
Hi, I got an invitation for the online assessment one day after submitting my application to CAE.

Did you apply recently?

A friend of mine and I have applied the day after Easter,got the "under review" email two days later but we didn't receive anything else since then

ddaveid
1st May 2019, 11:56
Did you apply recently?

A friend of mine and I have applied the day after Easter,got the "under review" email two days later but we didn't receive anything else since then

Yes, I applied recently. I submitted my application on 7th of April and on 8th of April I was invited for online assessment. On 12th of April I was invited for assessment in Dublin on 24th of April.

ddaveid
2nd May 2019, 09:05
Anyone here who has an introduction course in East Midlands from 15th of July and type rating course from 14th of August and would like to share accommodation?

magic91
2nd May 2019, 11:33
Yes, I applied recently. I submitted my application on 7th of April and on 8th of April I was invited for online assessment. On 12th of April I was invited for assessment in Dublin on 24th of April.

Thanks and congrats!

Wingmanion
2nd May 2019, 15:57
Hi guys,

In a couple of days I have my assessment for RYR in London-Stansted.

FYI: I'm First Officer double rated both on A320 and B737 (with more experience on Boeing). I flew the A320 last but 737 rating is still active.

Was anybody of you also in Stansted for assessment in the last time?
What to expect there (especially with my background) - any differences to the already mentioned things from Dublin e.g.?

And another thing:
Since I fly in airline I changed to digital flight logbook (MCCpilotlog). How shall I handle it? Can I bring my iPad and show them all entries there or shall I print out all data and put it into a folder?

Thank you very much in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

The Crew
3rd May 2019, 08:00
Sorry, I I can’t answer your questions, but good luck and please do let us know what the assessment consisted of ?
I’m going for an assessment in the near future.

BoeingLudo737
3rd May 2019, 08:13
Hi guys,

In a couple of days I have my assessment for RYR in London-Stansted.

FYI: I'm First Officer double rated both on A320 and B737 (with more experience on Boeing). I flew the A320 last but 737 rating is still active.

Was anybody of you also in Stansted for assessment in the last time?
What to expect there (especially with my background) - any differences to the already mentioned things from Dublin e.g.?

And another thing:
Since I fly in airline I changed to digital flight logbook (MCCpilotlog). How shall I handle it? Can I bring my iPad and show them all entries there or shall I print out all data and put it into a folder?

Thank you very much in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

You should get in contact with the recruiter who offered you the assessment and ask them directly

ARM92
3rd May 2019, 09:22
Hi guys,
Anyone that has done the online assessments over last week and has received already an email?
How long does it usually take until they get back to you after the online assessments?

coolchicken
3rd May 2019, 09:46
Hi guys! I have to do the online assesment in the next days and I will be out of my home, there are any "ability" games to do? I mean, do I will need a computer and a mouse to do that or it's gonna be ok with a tablet?

Any advice about that will be apreciated, Thanks!!

ppl172g1000
3rd May 2019, 14:28
Hi,

someone has information regarding this way entering AFTA along with RYR ?

Gateway 1 / Compass TEST

Thank you

TOLIP7
3rd May 2019, 20:58
All the questions (except the one about STN assessment) have been answered several times in the last 4-5 pages of this topic. But it's easier to ask for something and wait, instead of read and search a little....

reiting
4th May 2019, 06:15
For me it took 2 weeks to get answer from online assesments. Was unsuccesful, knew it right away after the test. For me the video questions were something like : What aspects are important for being a pilot ? What did you like disliked most about your flight training and what are your future longterm goals ?
Wish best of luck to everyone.

BeGuidedAccordingly
4th May 2019, 07:30
Hi,

I got the good news 2 weeks ago. How long do I usually need to wait until I get a course date? Its for rated left seat....

coolchicken
4th May 2019, 18:04
Hi, I have a question, I have the email invitation to the online assesment, it says that when I made the payement I will receive a link to do the assesment and if in the 3 days after that link I dont have the assement complete, they will assume that I'm no longer interested.

I have to work all day the next 8 days, if I let the time pass this week without making the register and payment to avoid start counting this 3 days... after this week, it will work?

Yuvan7
5th May 2019, 07:41
Hi, I have a question, I have the email invitation to the online assesment, it says that when I made the payement I will receive a link to do the assesment and if in the 3 days after that link I dont have the assement complete, they will assume that I'm no longer interested.

I have to work all day the next 8 days, if I let the time pass this week without making the register and payment to avoid start counting this 3 days... after this week, it will work?

Send them an email to explain your issue; had the same issue. They understood me and gave me time to do it. However, once you have clicked on the link you have 3 days max to do the online assessment.
When you are ready to do it you click on the link and do it, if it doesn't work they will send you another link that will work.
Good luck, the online assessment is not too complicated. ATPL was quite straightforward.
Cheers

Victor Golf
8th May 2019, 09:24
Anyone else on type rating course FR1906 EMA for the 17th July? There are a few accommodation options i'm looking at and would be nice to share a flat with others.

boogiebeam
9th May 2019, 08:00
Hey,

Anyone already assigned to the FR1909 AMS course and/or is there already a group on FB?

Cheers

FR95
9th May 2019, 14:25
Has anyone of you been called for a 2nd attempt on the online assessment?

ddaveid
9th May 2019, 14:28
Hey,

Anyone already assigned to the FR1909 AMS course and/or is there already a group on FB?

Cheers
Hi, I am assigned to CAE1908. Introduction course from 15th July in EMA and type rating course from 14th August in AMS.

ionut92
10th May 2019, 11:54
Hey,

Anyone here on the FR1907 course starting 8th July in EMA? Is there a facebook group?

Cheers