PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

pilot31
15th Jun 2005, 08:46
What is a dress-code for pilot Ryanair interview?
Thanks

Craggenmore
15th Jun 2005, 10:04
1. Suit and tie
2. highly polished black shoes
3. Clean shaven (unless its part of your heritage/always had a beard)
4. No dirt under the nails
5. Cut the fluff from the back of your hair line
6. Tidy up your chops (sideburns)
7. Any flesh that is on show must be clean (Oo Errrrrr Missus!!)

Look like you mean business then you will act the business. Your next interview may not arrive for another year...

jamestkirk
15th Jun 2005, 10:28
A shell suit in green, white and gold.

Leg warmers

Don't forget the sweat band for your head and embroider it with the Ryanair flight number you took to get there.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to contact me for more recruitment advice.

Sorry, sat at Shoreham and cannot fly due to :mad: weather.

In all seriousness, coming from a HR background:

1. Don't wear strong after shave for various reasons. If i listed the pyschological reason behind this you would all laugh at me.

2. DON'T wear matching colour shirt and tie (Burton clubbing style). It shows a total lack of taste/individuality. HR people hate it.

3. A prospective employer will base a large amount of their decision on how you would fit in in the first eight seconds of meeting you. Before anyone wants an argument on this, look it up. It important that you have open body language, smile and eye contact every meber of the room eqaully whern you first walk in.

I hope this is a little more helpful than my previous verbose comments.

Good luck

Gin Slinger
15th Jun 2005, 11:50
perhaps wear a sign saying "kick here" just above your buttocks :sad:

carbheatout
15th Jun 2005, 15:55
Sorry, you're a Boeing 747 driver, and you're asking what to wear for an airline interview? Are you for real?

pilot31
15th Jun 2005, 20:53
Just out of curiosity, guys. MOL promotes casual kind of wear, so what they would like to see during interview. And what about dress code in Southwest?
Thank you for all inputs.:ok:

Vee One...Rotate
15th Jun 2005, 22:56
I can't believe people still ask if they should dress-down for an airline pilot interview or what to wear full-stop.

Come on - work it out! How would you dress for any other formal job interview!?

Think about the qualities/image your prospective employer is looking for in a new recruit...

Sorry. Rant over.

Mark Noble
16th Jun 2005, 02:48
I've nothing to add cause I'm only a newbie but good luck :ok:

despegue
16th Jun 2005, 18:22
What always works is a navy-blue or black suit.
Black leather classic shoes, but NOT laquered. They must be clean, also the underside. Wear a white or light blue shirt.

A red tie, without prints on it.Ever Watched the Presidential debates? They always wear red ties because this makes a person look confident, strong and a "leader" without being "dull".

Facial hair is OK for already a while now people. A ringbeard is actually quite distinguished, as long as your beard is trimmed and your haircut is tidy. People who still believe that having facial hair will stand in the way of a job have some catching-up to do, or live in the US.

I have been previously involved in recruiting/selecting for Flight Academies and Airlines.

Troydi
17th Jun 2005, 09:32
And for a girl...? Trouser suit or skirt suit? A question that continues to bug me!

hemac
17th Jun 2005, 19:51
I would say for the girls lose the beard.

redsnail
17th Jun 2005, 20:51
WTF is a ring beard? I really really hope it isn't what I am thinking.
Any way, if it is shouldn't you be wearing trousers or something?

Troydi.
A friend wore a skirt suit to her QF interview. (She got it). I have worn a black trouser suit, no tie, tidy shirt. It's worked too. Wear what ever you're comfortable in. Both work.

shed loads
18th Jun 2005, 07:20
What's an 'interview'?

jamestkirk
18th Jun 2005, 08:18
Shed loads

That is pointum exactum.

Cavallier
19th Jun 2005, 11:15
1. Don't forget your cheque book
2. A small bowl to put the monkey nuts that they pay you in
3. Remove your spine before you go in
4. Wear something that enables you to bend forward easily

Good Luck

Crazypilot A
19th Jun 2005, 13:01
Girlies should be topless! :ok:

Little Miss
19th Jun 2005, 13:46
Typical!!!

I don t think topless would work!

There again maybe thats where I ve been going wrong in the UK

Dougle Mcguire
13th Aug 2005, 21:30
Does anyone who has recently done the Ryanair sim check remember the profile of the flight? I would be very interested in speeds and flap retraction/extension schedules. In fact, anything you can remember would be a help.

little-paddy
14th Aug 2005, 21:12
RWY 28 out of LPL with the W2T departure. Flap 1 take off. Climbs and decents at assigned speed. Steep turns. Back to the NDB on an assigned bearing (Will you turn the right way to get it?) Engine fire on way back. Into hold ....then out for a procedural Single Engine ILS into 28.

Simple enough......with practice (Hint hint)

Night Freighter
15th Aug 2005, 00:42
28???? Mmmmm, don't remember being offered that last time I flew there!!:ok:

little-paddy
17th Aug 2005, 14:23
Nicely spotted........RWY is 27.

Other than that.........it is correct.

little-paddy
21st Aug 2005, 11:22
By the way hope it all goes well....let us know

Dougle Mcguire
21st Aug 2005, 13:38
Cheers Paddy................ Not long to go!!! Will keep you informed. Any important details that you can remember please let me know. Dougle (ah c'mon Ted') Mcguire

Adhemar
1st Sep 2005, 10:17
Hi to all,

I have been invited by Ryan for an interview and sim check at East Midlands. Any additional information on top of the one provided here above would be greatly welcomed.

Anyone can shed some light on the kind of technical questions related to B733 they could throw at you ?

I am flying 737-300 with 250hrs on type.

Please post or feel free to PM me.

FEDENO
4th Sep 2005, 23:37
I heard something about Ryanair hire pilots from South America, is that true?They accept ICAO Licenses?

Thanks

Gingawings
5th Sep 2005, 19:10
are these profiles flown with a flight director or are they flown raw?

Wbrick
9th Oct 2005, 13:58
I have been invited for a sim assessment with FR at their training center in EMA in about twoo weeks. Any comments or suggestions regarding this assessment & Interview ?

Thanks

4on4off
9th Oct 2005, 19:31
Do yourself a big favour and skip the interview.

Anamorphic
10th Oct 2005, 10:05
Wbrick, Check your Personal Messages.

dboy
10th Oct 2005, 11:29
What is "FR"?

frogone
10th Oct 2005, 11:42
FR= Ryanair.........

Flying Farmer
10th Oct 2005, 12:31
FR Aviation at Bournemouth of course, didn't everyone know that :ok: :)

michaelknight
10th Oct 2005, 12:49
Don't know about FR at BOH, but I think one can assume it's Ryanair with comments as stated above!

"Do yourself a big favour and skip the interview."

beij
12th Oct 2005, 13:14
Can somebody tell me more about the grading/interview day for ryan air?

Lil' Pilot
12th Oct 2005, 17:21
If anyone has some useful info I would also really appreciate that :D

Gnirren
17th Oct 2005, 11:45
Seems like engine fire and ILS approaches would be pretty hard to do if you've never flown a 737 before. Are they looking for a general understanding, ability to fly and decision making? You wouldn't know what callouts ryan uses or anything, so I'm finding it hard to understand what would be considered good enough to pass if they expect you to fly to airline standards.

Callouts, flap and powersettings, are you supposed to fly as PF only or PNF as well?

phildewin
18th Oct 2005, 13:14
Hello

Somebody know what s exactly the questions that they ask on the Ryanair interview,

for the sim check, could you please tell me with airport they will use ?

Some help will be great, going this month

thanks guys

Mike1981
31st Oct 2005, 13:57
Hey folks,

I was just curious if someone could give me any tips/hints on the FR technical interview. I did a search on the forums, but didn't find much other then that it is apparently about the last ME airplane you flew. Is that all they are asking? Or are they asking other general stuff as well? Does someone maybe have some example questions by chance?

This is my first airline interview and I would greatly appreciate any hints or advice. :)

Thanks a lot in advance.

ritchyh
31st Oct 2005, 20:21
Hi there

What is your experience?

Cipri
1st Nov 2005, 10:52
you will probaby be shown a jepp plate and they will ask you all sort of questions on it, they will ask you to describe some systems of your previous aircraft, no matter it was a 747 or a seneca,

Mike1981
1st Nov 2005, 10:56
@Cipri

Thank you very much for the help. :) So I take it there will be no questions about stuff like Aerodynamics, Flight Planning, Meteorology etc.?
Also, will they ask about any aircraft you have previously flown? Or just the last one? Or the last ME aircraft? I did fly the Beechcraft 76 until my ME checkride, two days later I had my CPL checkride on a TB20 (single engine). Guess I will just learn for both.

@ritchyh

What do you mean by experience? My flight experience? I'm one of those low hour pilots who just finished flight school. ;) I got a total of 354 hours at the moment. Got most of that during my studies (got a U.S. university Bachelor degree) in the U.S.. Then I did some additional flight training in Germany.

Thanks all so far who replied. It's much appreciated. :)

IronWalt
8th Nov 2005, 14:49
Greetings All,

I have just been invited by RyanAir for the first interview/sim evaluation. I am looking for referals to sim centers and interview prep companies that have an inside track on what to expect. I am not wanting to do this cold. I have about 9500 hours and have FAA licenses with a 737 type rating. So apparently they are hiring us yanks if we have lots of experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DrLecter-HH
11th Nov 2005, 13:27
Hi,

I want to take a few hours for Ryanair Screening on the Boeing 737-200. Does anybody here knows a phone number of the Simulator Centre in East Midlands, or somewhere else where I can get a good preparation for this Screening?

In andvance, thanks for the postings and help....

DrL

flighttime2.0
11th Nov 2005, 19:21
You will not be able to get hours on the east mid sim its running flat out for Ryanair!
You will have to go to the 737-200 sim in dublin airport, contact parc aviation for details but beware this sim is also very busy so might have to wait a few weeks but great prep for the Ryanair sim check.

flighttime

herta
11th Nov 2005, 20:35
gehe mal zum Kaeufer... docht haben sie ein 737-200 FNPT 2 sim fur CCC benutzed

Wing Commander Fowler
11th Nov 2005, 21:12
Think there's sumfink rong wiv your quayboard dude......

DrLecter-HH
12th Nov 2005, 08:01
@ flightime 2.0

Thanks for the tip.... Do you know the runner of the sim in EMA? Is it Ryanair or another company? I have heard in Bournemouth is another B737-200 sim. Does anybody here know something about this sim?

DrL

frogone
12th Nov 2005, 09:31
Jasus,

http://www.simtech.ie/

For the old faithful EI box. Ball park €330 an hour including instructor. Gone are the days when it was €300....thut thut..

IR

Tim_Q
12th Nov 2005, 15:49
East Midlands sim is Ryanair yes, I don't know how you can book this but I do know it is very busy. This is the only one in the country as far as I know apart from this one in Yorkshire which isn't a certified 737-200 sim by the looks of it....
http://www.yorkshireflightcentre.co.uk/737-simulator.php

There isn't a 737 sim in Bournemouth, but there is a 727 at EAAC which is used for sim check prep course by a third party company, sorry I can't remember their name but I think they advertise in the back of Flight.

PierreA300
14th Nov 2005, 17:05
You can contact SFA ( Sabena Flight Academy )
There is a sim 737-200 with oportunity in the schedule
You can check the site www.sfa.be or contact +32 2 752 57 50 for booking
( I m instructor there so I know well SFA )

Capt Flinstone
5th Dec 2005, 08:37
HI TO U ALL..........

Last week I did a SIM-check at Ryanair, and unfortunatly I did NOT pass....

No reason, just fail .

But oke, i like to know how many other pilots has passed, or failed last week??

Any pilot I have met last wednesday,they can contact me via email.

Best regards, and suc6 to you all

Capt Flinstone

Boomerang
6th Dec 2005, 18:10
Can anyone who has done the grading describe the profile to be flown. All I have recieved is the above info. Ie departure aerodrome/rwy, SID? airwork? approaches?

Any info much appreciated.

Also, are the powersettings/speeds/handling of the 737 "classic" ;) sim similar to a 737NG sim?

Piltdown Man
6th Dec 2005, 20:48
I'd wait until they pay you to attend. MOL keeps telling us how rich Gypoair are and they need pilots. Make them wait!

Base leg
6th Dec 2005, 20:55
there are some who would call that last comment about 'gypoair' racist- wonder why you can't express yourself without lowering the tone......

Carmoisine
8th Dec 2005, 13:04
Carmoisine, Don't feel too bad about it. Despite what people who don't work for the company will tell you, its not uncommon for people to fail the interview. I did my interview with a captain the far side of 5K hours who failed. The day I went 2 others failed too. Sorry to hear of your misfortune!

naughtybutnice6792
27th Dec 2005, 13:25
The subject says it all folks!
Just interested in what sim work they give you,
Any replies would be gratefully received!

Thankyou!

pimo
2nd Jan 2006, 08:23
This simcheck with Ryanair you guys are talking about , is with the 737? are you guys already typed?

Thanks

muck-savage
9th Jan 2006, 17:46
Hello,

I have a sim check soon...I heard that they have changed the profile to leeds i think !!!

Anyone know any better ?

Mucky.......

homerj
10th Jan 2006, 11:06
Fiwud 2x dep out of Leeds Bradford( rwy 14), land on rwy 32 .all the other stuff the same( Steep turns , eng. failure en route to ndb)

realcapitano
13th Jan 2006, 12:46
What always works is a navy-blue or black suit.
Black leather classic shoes, but NOT laquered. They must be clean, also the underside. Wear a white or light blue shirt.
A red tie, without prints on it.Ever Watched the Presidential debates? They always wear red ties because this makes a person look confident, strong and a "leader" without being "dull".
Facial hair is OK for already a while now people. A ringbeard is actually quite distinguished, as long as your beard is trimmed and your haircut is tidy. People who still believe that having facial hair will stand in the way of a job have some catching-up to do, or live in the US.
Despegue
ps. I have been previously involved in recruiting/selecting for Flight Academies and Airlines.
............................................................ ..........................................
hi,
i will attend an int shortly with ryanair. could you explain more in details in the forum or here about the sim profile, typical questions asked during the technical int or the most frequent questions asked and some tip that you might feel to share
thanks,
Capitano

essexboy
14th Jan 2006, 18:46
The only Ryanair dress code is that you have to buy it yourself.

ABO944
14th Jan 2006, 22:07
Ring Beard !!!

That is funny !

Make sure its bleached ..... thats all the rage these days!

pilot-320
15th Jan 2006, 14:47
Typical!!!
I don t think topless would work!
There again maybe thats where I ve been going wrong in the UK

LITTLE MISS MY DREAM IS TO FLY NEXT TO FEMALE FO WEARING JUST HER BIKINI. THAT IS A MOTIVE. ESPECIALLY IF U ARE FLYING THE 737-300.
IF U ARE UP FOR IT GET UR MATES AND WE CAN ARRANGE SOMETHING. EUH?

:eek:

Busbar
16th Jan 2006, 19:17
I have to laugh at some of you..!! Cavalier, I assume you have worked for Ryanair before then? Paid in Peanuts????........ Looking at last months pay, er... cleared £3700! Not bad considering I joined with 250 hours originally and I've been there just short of two years now!

Good Luck!!

TwoDeadDogs
17th Jan 2006, 22:44
Hi Busbar
So, you're just now earning enough to pay off the cost of your Type,your enforced six-months(and more) without pay, your lack of a pension,LOL cover,medicals, uniform, food, any potential savings, any potential mortgage,etc,etc.That's real big of FR,eh? Let's have less bragging from you and a bit more reality.
regards
TDD

Busbar
18th Jan 2006, 04:51
Ok, as usual another thread is going off the track of what it was originally about! I've opened a can of worms. TDD - ok whatever, I'm doing ok thanks very much, no bragging just fact. Reality? Well we can all rant and rave about how it used to be in the good old days but it ain't like that anymore. Whether that's thanks to FR or not, get with the times. I don't like it anymore than you do, all this paying for type rating etc.. but that's the way it's going now. I am not trying to personally attack what your saying, I agree in many ways, but FR is not as bad (in my opinion) as some people make out.

Best Regards
BB

PAPI-74
18th Jan 2006, 09:06
:ok: Had me in stitches about the ring beards and girlies should keep their beards...it's natural.
Getting back to it. Has anyoune got any current Ryanair tips (sensible). I heard they like PERF questions and AGK on your current type (Seneca if from pistin props). Sim is an ILS and they want improvement on each one. Any comments please?

Thanks
JD

Mutton
2nd Feb 2006, 15:26
Dear all,

Having read some of the other threads regarding a certain Irish low-cost carrier and the way people perceive them, I am reluctant to admit that I have an assessment day with them lined up.

Has anybody out there completed one lately and be willing to shed a little light on the Sim profiles, but more importantly, what some likely interview Q's may be???

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Mutton

KILO-04
2nd Feb 2006, 15:45
Mutton,

Can I just ask how long it took from date of application to Ryanair contacting you? Also was the application through CAE or SAS?

I heard the sim ride involves SID's from Leeds/Bradford, R/V ILS emergencies etc...

Best of luck.

K4

Dougle Mcguire
2nd Feb 2006, 15:56
Used to be a Liverpool SID but have now changed to LEEDS SID I Believe. Lots of info on here if you do a search. Its all the usual stuff....... climb out, general handling, track to the NDB, brief for the hold which you wont do. Engine failure straight outbound for a single engine ILS to land. No tricks.
Im confused, I thought there was over a hundred people already checked and waiting to start their type rating. Was told recently that there would be no more sim checks until at least the end of March.Good Luck anyway.

Mutton
2nd Feb 2006, 19:48
Kilo-04,

I only spoke to the relevent person last week, but I think they are more interested because I am type rated already. Also, I was lucky in that someone else dropped out at the last minute.

I don't know how long the waiting list is becoming but the word 'substantial' springs to mind. I think Dougle Mcguire has a point!!

Dougle Mcguire,

Thanks for the heads up about Sim check. I hope it is as straight forward as you say. No EFATO or pilot incapacitations would be gooood!!!

Also, call me stuupiiid if you like, but as a newbee any chance you could give me a clue where the info you talked about can be found?? I've done a few searches but haven't had much joy. Help!!

Active job seeker
3rd Feb 2006, 12:28
"Was told recently that there would be no more sim checks until at least the end of March".

where did you heard about that? I heard they still looking and recruit Ab initio pilots??? Thanks for your reply

Used to be a Liverpool SID but have now changed to LEEDS SID I Believe. Lots of info on here if you do a search. Its all the usual stuff....... climb out, general handling, track to the NDB, brief for the hold which you wont do. Engine failure straight outbound for a single engine ILS to land. No tricks.
Im confused, I thought there was over a hundred people already checked and waiting to start their type rating. Was told recently that there would be no more sim checks until at least the end of March.Good Luck anyway.

RYR-738-JOCKEY
4th Feb 2006, 09:29
Mutton wrote: "No EFATO or pilot incapacitations would be gooood!!!"
Those would be the usual stuff for a sim-check. You'll definitely have an eng fail and possibly an evac after touch down. Not to scare you, but you won't have time for coffee.

ki3322
10th Feb 2006, 10:03
Going for an assessment with Ryanair next week. I finished training nearly 2 years ago and this is my first interview.

Has anyone got any ideas on what questions could come up at the interview? I heard they ask TR guys about there current aircraft. All I have flown was my training aircraft so will I get questions about that? Also heard that air law is worth brushing up on.

Any info on what I could be asked would be much appreciated.

ccc111
10th Feb 2006, 10:39
Out of interest Could you tell me when you applied, and which school you applied too.

michaelknight
12th Feb 2006, 21:17
Fair points above, but obviously there will come a time when FR will change the sim profile from Leeds. There was plenty of gen on Liverpool on PPRUNE and then one day, FR switched to Leeds.

Point being there's no benifit in learning a certain 'plate' you might as well try and understand what you are actually looking at, because come the day, they may give you a different airport, and no one likes a curved ball on the day to get you sweating. At the end of the day, procedures may differ, but an ILS is an ILS, just different freqs and inbound courses. However, I'm not knocking a bit 'Heads Up' info.

From what I heard it's a FIWUD (14) dept to the west, apparently you get broken off to the north and don't have to take the westerly bearing to FIWUD. It's a very quick departure, with leveling off in the turn, retracting flaps, brining the speed back, tuning nav aids and getting after t\o cx done, so it might be worth running it in a PC or a real sim to get the brain thinking. Engine failure in the cruise after a bit of airwork and then the procedural ILS to runway 32.

Good luck,

152wiseguy
13th Feb 2006, 11:45
and don't forget to take your own lube:}

jeano
22nd Feb 2006, 18:35
Hello guys,
Having a B737 NG TR that will end next march 4th, i'd like to apply as FO for Ryanair although all what is said about it:uhoh: . A friend of mine is flying with em for one year and does not say so bad things! And the fact is that it is almost the only one to hire a lot of pilots in the next future.
I was told that many planes are stucked on apron due to lack of crews. Does anyone can tell me more about this, and will they change their mind talking about 100hours on type to apply as FO? would they be less restrictive:rolleyes: ?. Cause i cannot afford 10000 uro to pay to fly as FO:yuk: for 100 hours.
Hope you'll give me answers that will help

Jetavia
22nd Feb 2006, 20:49
Jeano.. asked Ryanair that question at their CPH roadshow and they told me you need 100 hours on type. But when you have the hours to contact them and you can get an interview. I guess the requirement is for them to get you online quickly, as you do not need much linetraining before getting released and thus put minimum pressure on their training department.

jeano
23rd Feb 2006, 14:40
Jetavia,
yeah but the big problem is where can i fly for 100 hours? I was supposed to start this kind of session with bond aviation, but at that time nothing is scheduled. Although i'd prefer to fly and be paid , i assume that without 100hours no chance to work with Ryanair:bored: . And every post i look at on PPrune is: you must got hours to be hired. Well, before having hours you must start with almost nothing so...:confused:
i still have no answer to my cv, let's hope that it will change with spring!
Always looking after ideas.
Thank you all:ok:

Joe_Bar
23rd Feb 2006, 16:20
Mutton

Did you have your interview already.
Maybe you can share some of tech questions you got.

Thanks JB

Flash738
25th Feb 2006, 20:32
Mutton,

I too have an eval in early March and would appreciate any info you might have about the sim and interview...also any recommendations on where to stay at EMA prior to the interview...thanks.

Flash

David_Lid Air
26th Feb 2006, 11:04
Mutton.. Any info about the assesment at Ryanair would be appreciated :)

I am considering to apply

Regards

/David

Mutton
27th Feb 2006, 19:22
Flash/David,

How you guys going?
Got an assessment eh? Firstly, don't panic... The whole day is pretty informal really, the main thing i can advise is to make sure your instrument scan is up to speed as sim work is pretty frantic without any let up. All good fun.
As for places to stay, i didn't have to tackle this problem as i've got in-laws nearby, but the other guys on the day stayed at Thistle hotel (could have been holiday inn not sure) apparantly about £70. Apart from that you could try some B & B's in Castle Donnington which isn't far away.
Hope this helps. All the best.
M.

Flash738
28th Feb 2006, 00:45
Thanks for those inputs Mutton...I appreciate it...I'll try and keep the blue side up...BTW...is the sim visual and is it normally set up for night/dusk ops and what weather is given? Is the crew both being evaluated at the same time or do you have a 'check pilot' as your co-pilot or Capt as the case may be? Inquiring minds and all that...thanks again.

Flash

Mutton
28th Feb 2006, 09:00
Hi Flash,

You are given a pretty low cloud base (about 400' on depature) which you never climb out of (you only go up to 5000') so there isn't much to see. However, the cloud does miraculously rise enough to let you land, just!!. :\
Weather is a fairly steady wind, about 15-20 kts and not a stonking x-wind either. :cool:
When you 1st arrive you will get paired up with another candidate for the sim. It is mainly the PF who will be assessed (you are briefed not to give too much help as PNF!!) but PNF still has to do radios, recall drills for engine fire, reset nav aids and all that good stuff.
Good luck.
M.:ok:

maxwell4065
28th Feb 2006, 13:52
As for places to stay try the Travelodge. Have just booked a night for 28 quid. Just like Ryanair no frills but if you book early enough cheap as chips.

Flash738
28th Feb 2006, 21:12
Mutton and Maxwell...thanks for those tips...I appreciate it...always nice to know what to expect...will give the Travelodge a ring. Any info on the interview and tech questions would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Flash

zooloflyer
3rd Mar 2006, 08:34
Hello,

Anyone any idea how long it takes from applying online (@ CAE or SAS) untill you get an invitation for the interview - HR & technical?

I did send them both emails questioning the timing issue but unfortunately; 0 respons. A bad start?:confused:

Anyone recent experience?

Thanks.

SBAB
3rd Mar 2006, 11:05
Hi,
Did the same, 2 weeks ago, no repsonse so far.

SBAB

TFLO
3rd Mar 2006, 11:51
Is there anyone who knows something about the technical interview?
What kind of question can you expect to get if you only have flown small piston engine aircraft??

zooloflyer
3rd Mar 2006, 12:00
Hey Flash, keep us up to date on your tech and HR interview! Would be great!

All the best & good luck. :ok:

BongleBear
4th Mar 2006, 20:39
hi all, had a call a couple of days ago inviting me to ryanair assessment this wednesday. i haven't flown 737 sim in about a year, my IR needs revalidating and i'm basically well out of practise. any ideas/suggestions where i can get some last minute practise in? i've flown about 100 hours in pa28 in last year but that's it.

also, does anyone know any questions asked in the technical interview? i've heard a few q's on sweptback wings etc... the only twin i've flown is seneca (2 years ago during CPL/IR) so i'm assuming i'll get q's on this. if anyone could pm me some example questions that have come from the interview i'd really appreciate it.

thanks, bbear

A320rider
5th Mar 2006, 09:57
where to apply for ryanair?, I have seen there are only 2 schools.

what are their minimum requirement, age?
how much it costs for their sim test, I have eared it is 300 pounds.How much is that? 400 euro?

I love to be bad treated, ryanair go go!!!

SBAB
5th Mar 2006, 10:58
Hi A320rider,
Check out ryanair's website (career) or CAE website http://www.cae.com/cts/RyanairProg.shtml

Cheers,

SBAB

A320rider
5th Mar 2006, 12:27
thank you,...
I do not see any age requirement!???
I thougt it was 32..???
any comment?

alex oc
7th Mar 2006, 12:32
hi guys, can anyone who has or knows of anyone who has recently been hired by ryanair tell me if you have any say in where the company will base you? :confused:

A320rider
7th Mar 2006, 12:41
I am applying too.

good, bad, ugly????how it is?

SpamCanDriver
7th Mar 2006, 18:11
Im currently there hopefully not for much longer though! :yuk:. Basically you dont get any real say in where they stick you basically place you where they need people although if you want STN you will more than likely get it. Honestly guys think very carefully before joining and if youre experienced definately dont come! But if youre searching for that first job you will have to be prepared to have a long wait until you start flying! all unpaid of course after paying out 20k plus on youre rating!!!:mad: I got my mate a job in May 05 and he has only just started his line training a couple of weeks ago!! "Ryanair - A Guide for Prospective Pilot Employees" http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214074 mandatory reading for anyone thinking of joining! And then there's the new PAYCUT DEAL!!! :mad: okok ill shutup now:ok: anyway guys good luck!
P.S. PM me if any questions

jumbo-clingfilm
25th Mar 2006, 22:09
Hi folks,

I've just passed the sim ride with Ryanair and now in the holding pool. Are there any others out there who are getting it fully paid for by Ryanair or am I the first? does anybody how long the wait in the pool is ??

Professor Fog
25th Mar 2006, 22:21
I spoke to a friend at ryanair that they might be considering paying for training now - but i did nt know they actually have ! nice one !!! when did you do your sim ?

I was going to apply to them if this is the case ? but do you still have to pay the 50 quid with the online application ??

cheers
foggy

richarjm
25th Mar 2006, 22:29
I hate to answer your question with a question but when you passed was it an assesment for your first airline job? I know someone with a sim ride soon who expects to cough up for the rating if he passes. Best of Luck. Sorry I can't answer your question.

zooloflyer
26th Mar 2006, 11:19
Yeah, are you talking about frozen ATPL, 250hrs, fresh wannabe or already 737 or other type rated and upgrading to the NG?

All the best.

jumbo-clingfilm
26th Mar 2006, 12:16
f/atpl

260 hrs total

type rating paid for by Ryanair.... just got it confirmed in writing. Bonded to the comapany for a few years too.

Totally amazed and quite chuffed too.

perhaps I'm the first!???

anybody else had the same ???

cheers

zooloflyer
26th Mar 2006, 12:28
So, you're telling that the guy who started training a week or a month ago is paying and you're not...auch, man that must hurt!!

Anyway, good luck! - you applied through Ryanair or SAS/CAE? Have applied at Ryan some time ago, still no news.

You think this means they're having trouble finding qualified people?? Must be a good reason why MOL is doing this??

cheekycapt
26th Mar 2006, 12:48
Its the only reason why MOL is doing this Zooloflyer ! MOl is finding it hard to recruit guys who are willing to pay for a type rating and we all know there is a shortage of type rated/ Experienced pilots out there at the moment. Jumbo-clingfilm says he has been bonded to the company for a few years, well maybe this could be the real reason why Ryanair are paying for a type rating for him.

It is known that many people working in other areas of the company have been offered the opportunity of becoming a Pilot. Initially they pay for their Training for there F-ATPL and Ryanair will pay for there type rating and recruit them as pilots.

Theres an idea! If you already have a fATPL and you cannot afford to pay for a Type Rating why not get a job as a Baggage Handler or something and maybe after a year or two they offer you a job as a pilot and pay for your Type Rating. Still I would not do this because I think the way Ryanair treat their staff is a disgrace.

zooloflyer
26th Mar 2006, 13:01
Thanks cheekyC!

I agree with you but it's a fact that they will have to change policy if they want their HR costs to be stable and you don't achieve this by chasing away people all the time...costs loads of time, money and resources!

And when it's about money, MOL wakes up I guess - there's hope...

Last week I visited the EasyJet website, amazing how different the HR & general approach is on their website - no aggressive use of money numbers etc. More working towards the long term there I guess...

cheekycapt
26th Mar 2006, 13:24
I agree totally with you Zooloflyer, they will definately change their policy in relation to Type Ratings. MOL is fiddling around at the moment introducing a new 5/4 roster trying to make the airline an attractive place for pilots to come to but I dont think what he is doing will work. Ryanair need something like a 1000 pilots within the next 10 years to meet their expansion plans. It is only a matter of time before they change their policy on Type Ratings for pilots. They claim their pilots are the best paid short haul pilots in Europe. This claim is a load of rubbish.

machlimter99
26th Mar 2006, 15:32
Howcome you even got a job offer with no hours on type? I thought Ryanair only wanted pilots with at least 100hrs on the 737?? Easyjet also make it clear that unless you have time flying a 737 they too dont want to know.

WX Man
26th Mar 2006, 21:34
Howcome you even got a job offer with no hours on type? I thought Ryanair only wanted pilots with at least 100hrs on the 737?? Easyjet also make it clear that unless you have time flying a 737 they too dont want to know.

There are only two ways into EZY for someone without an ATPL (that's unfrozen ATPL): CTC ATP scheme (or whatever it's called this week); and TRSS.

For the TRSS (Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme) you need at least 500 hours medium commercial transport.

I'm not aware there are any ways to bend the rules... if there are, I'd be very interested to hear how it might be done!!!

bia botal
27th Mar 2006, 08:56
here is what you can expect if you join ryanair without a 737 type rating.If this has changed recently in favour of flight crew i for one will glad to here it.

Captain's with jet time but no 737 rating.

Rating paid for. Wages paid from commencement of training. however you will get a reduced salary that equites to the price of the rating (E 25000)for 5 years and bonded for five years. You will still have to put up for your own accomadation during the type rating which will take 5 weeks. expect something in the region of 3 months from commencement of training to line check.

fo's with jet time but no type rating.

Wages paid from day one, however the amount depends on total jet hours, less than 500 and you be on around 20,000 a year less. you'll pay for type rating and you'll be on half sector pay for 6 month's. no bond however they may require you to pay 6000 for the base check if you leave within two years. expect to wait up to six months depending on the time of the year that you join before you start line training, oh and no sector pay during line training with safety pilot onboard.

fo's with no jet type rating (SO)

Wages from completionof line check(appox. 12000, depending on which way the wind is blowing), half sector pay for 6 months, none during type rating. you'll pay for type rating and again depending on the time of the year wait up to 6 months for line training. no bond, but again 6 grand if you leave inside two years.

having said all that i to have heard stories of fo's telling ryanair that they are unable to raise the funds and have been given the bond option. also i have not seen the 6 g's in writing anywhere so i am unsure how they would enforce this.

typically if they want to hire you they seem to change requirements to suit individual's, i would not be suprised if jumbo got what he said, however he will still be paying somewhere.:ok:

AndyDRHuddleston
27th Mar 2006, 10:31
What are the chances of people getting straight in with Ryanair if they have already completed a self sponsored type rating with someone like GECAT or alike.

Seems to be the better option in my eyes, you finance it yourself (same as at Ryanair) then you can accelerate the time onto aircraft and hence get your pay sooner. And ultimately there would be no bond! Everyones a winner!!

What do you ppruners think??

bia botal
27th Mar 2006, 10:46
[QUOTE=AndyDRHuddleston]What are the chances of people getting straight in with Ryanair if they have already completed a self sponsored type rating with someone like GECAT or alike.

andy,, nice idea, however if ryanair where to accept this approach which i doubt they will still require you to spend some time in there sim's to get up to speed on there SOP's and i would say that you will still have to do a base check with them also. Expect a Bond.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
27th Mar 2006, 10:46
No, that's not what they want. They might take you if you were rated, line trained and ready to go. Otherwise, you need to go through the cadet recruitment process and do the TR through Ryanair.

I'd love to apply for Ryanair, myself, but can't afford the TR. No matter how much pay and working conditions are slagged off, they are doubtless far better than what I was getting as an instructor. It would be quite ironic if Ryanair dropped the SSTR when lower down the food chain outfits like Loganair, Highlandair and various charter outfits asking you to pay for training. After all, it was probably Ryanair, who were most responsible for starting this SSTR nightmare!

Luke SkyToddler
28th Mar 2006, 19:18
It would be quite ironic if Ryanair dropped the SSTR when lower down the food chain outfits like Loganair, Highlandair and various charter outfits asking you to pay for training. After all, it was probably Ryanair, who were most responsible for starting this SSTR nightmare!

Errr ... can I just say that Highland do NOT make their employees pay for training, or type rating, or anything else. (And I'm quite sure that Logan don't either).

flying paddy
28th Mar 2006, 20:11
ah logan charge £12000 to do type rating on Saab 340.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
29th Mar 2006, 07:34
The comments that I made about both companies are true and have been verified. Today, a jet operator sent me an application form. One of the questions asked if I was willing to self-fund a TR. In the past they used to use a bonding arrangement. Last week someone was telling me that I had the hours to fly their biz jet and the dreaded SSTR question was asked. Everyone is at it; Air Contractors, Aurigny, Emerald, Jet2, Globespan, BMI, Easyjet and the list goes on.

I'd say that there are plenty of people out there willing and able to sponsor ratings so I find it hard to believe that Ryanair are going to take the high road.

zooloflyer
29th Mar 2006, 08:16
I sent a PM to the guy posting, never got a reply - I think it's a MOL scam to fill up his database some more...

Let's unite through the PPRuNe CPL HOLDING POOL and try to stop this :mad: madness!!!

avi8
29th Mar 2006, 12:47
I have an interview with Ryanair comming up pretty soon, and I'm not type rated.
I Know this has been asked before, but some of the answers are several years old. I would really appreciate if someone who recently has been to East Midlands for an interview could give me some answers:

1. Do they still fly the 737-200 sim? If you're not type rated, what do they expect from your flying? Do you still fly SIDs, STARS etc. Do you know from what airport?

2. What is the interview like? Do they ask operational/technical questions?

3. Are there other tests?

Would really appreciate if someone would help me out!

-8AS
29th Mar 2006, 13:12
Definately still -200 sim using Leeds Bradford. Includes SID, General Handling, Hold, Self position to ILS and Single Engine ILS. Looking at general flying ability as well as CRM - consideration taken for those that have not operated in Multi-Crew environment.

Don't know about the interview sorry, haven't done one.

avi8
29th Mar 2006, 14:05
Just the kind of info I need! Thank you very much! If anyone knows anything about the interview or if there are other types of tests, I will be very gratefull!

ilbizza
29th Mar 2006, 14:20
May i ask you if you did your training at Sas academy? Can you tell me via private message how you managed to get the interview?¿?¿ please

solo si
29th Mar 2006, 16:51
Easyjet are desperate at the moment and are widening there recruitment net. They have just taken 12 low hour people through GECAT on the 737 & A319. The type rating was paid for by the students (£16,000 I believe), but guarantueed job after completion. It seems times are changing and CTC are no longer the only route into easyjet for low hour pilots!

Could you PM me regarding your comments on the 12 guys who have gone through the 737TR with Gecat and the current EZY job situation please!

Cheers

Solo si

dankersoe
29th Mar 2006, 17:09
I would be very happy to recieve some info too..

Thank you
/
dankersoe

Le sok
29th Mar 2006, 18:10
Hi jumbo-clingfilm, I have to do the sim test next week.
Can you tell me which departure you flew?

Regards

Le Sok:)

Banon
29th Mar 2006, 22:31
JUMBOCLING film? why arent u replying to this topic u started off? i see your still posting in the naples forum at http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213502&page=5

can you give us some information on the contract ryanair offered you?

any one else further information regarding ryanair paying for newly quailfied pilots>?

rdgs.

scroggs
30th Mar 2006, 09:13
Here's a couple of threads you might like to read:

Ryanair - A Guide for Prospective Pilot Employees (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214074&highlight=Ryanair)

Ryanair Pay for New Joiners (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156187&highlight=Ryanair)

If you really want to find out what Ryanair are actually like to work for, these two threads will open your eyes. But I wonder how many will just simpy not beleive it and try and go there anyway?

Scroggs

solo si
30th Mar 2006, 12:35
Scroggs,
Thanks for your thread regarding Ryanair and their quite unbelievable terms and conditions. Where is all this going in terms of career progression and stability for new Pilots? I will praise any successful business for providing a good service to it's staff and customers, however, are people so desperate to work and sell their soul to MOL, just to sit in the RHS of an aeroplane? I live and work at STN and it's an expensive part of the country to live in, even on a half decent salary. How do these guys manage to put food on the table and live...it baffles me?
We have all made big sacrifices to get ourselves into an employable position, however, when does it all stop and life begin, when you join a company like FR?
I don't always agree with you Scroggs, but you have my 100% backing with your comments. I just wish a European law would put an end to these contracts, and pay and treat people properly.
The whole industry is completely money and profit orientated and the staff come a bad second to ' the bottom line'. I'm sorry to say!

SpamCanDriver
30th Mar 2006, 18:53
Well thats a good question, and the fact of the matter is many of our cadets cannot afford to live on the crap wages they are given. There have been several reports of guys nearly going bankrupt waiting 10months for line training (all unpaid of course!) and having to sleep in the crewroom or in their cars!

thunderbird-1
30th Mar 2006, 19:44
10 month for line training :confused: that sound strange, especially for a cadet which have few experience and will probably need training after having waited so long after the type rating.

SpamCanDriver
31st Mar 2006, 09:30
Its not that strange when you think about it thunderbird! The cadets are at the very back of the cue in Ryanair, as we need as many people on line as quickly as possible, to fly the new planes that are sitting on the ground (not that IAA will give us an AOC to fly more than 99 aircraft at the moment! but that an entirely new thread!) and plug the gaps of the many people leaving. And a cadet takes alot longer to get to line check standard than somebody who is already rated with experience. For instance I joined with a rating and experience back in april 05 and finished my sim check ground school line check etc all within about 5 weeks (which is very fast). But I got my mate a cadet a job and he was due to start in June but he didn't and he has only just now got his line check coming up tommorow. So i know first hand that guys waiting around for ages is definately true! Some guys even face the situation of having to do the sim all again as they are not going to do the base check within 6months of their LST, so they wouldnt be able to put the rating on their licence:oh:

european champion
4th Apr 2006, 18:33
I just looked again at Ryanair's website,it seems that the only way for a low time pilot to apply is to go through two schools that are conducting pilot assesments.It states very clear that the succesful applicants will have to fund their rating.Anyone knows how much would be the cost?Would they help the pilot getting a loan or facilitate by covering the cost and make him sign a bond?

snake80
5th Apr 2006, 08:14
What I should expect in sim assessment?
IFR procedures in Leeds Airport?
take off from rwy 14 or 32?
Single or both engine ILS?

And what about tech interview?

-8AS
5th Apr 2006, 08:50
Leeds, runway used differs but expect the SID with the most demanding work load - ie VOR frequency changes etc. After SID expect general handling followed by self position to S/E ILS. Looking for general flying skills, CRM - use the PNF eg "give me manchester VOR on NAV 1".

Interview - know your current a/c type. If G/A, don't try to bluff Interviewer on G/A tech as two of the three interviewers are IAA examiners as well as FR TRE's! If you don't know an answer say so.

Don't know any of the other types of questions asked at interview as have not done one, maybe someone else on this forum could help.

low n' slow
5th Apr 2006, 09:05
What are the chances of people getting straight in with Ryanair if they have already completed a self sponsored type rating with someone like GECAT or alike.
Seems to be the better option in my eyes, you finance it yourself (same as at Ryanair) then you can accelerate the time onto aircraft and hence get your pay sooner. And ultimately there would be no bond! Everyones a winner!!
What do you ppruners think??

I know some mates who had (and still have) a 737 rating and were called to the assessment at ryanair. Out of 5 people, none of them made it. Comparing this to the fact that another bunch of mates not in posession of a 737 rating did the assessment and made it through, I smell something fishy...
I believe that the sim-assessment is set to much harder tolerances for people with a 737 rating than for those without. Therefore, I think buying a TR completely solo and heading off to FR is probably the worst idea ever.
/LnS

planeshipcar
6th Apr 2006, 03:32
still looking for the anwer how they help ie. bonding or self sponsorship. There must be people out who are starting with them who can say more about how they financed there training and about the process of getting in.

BongleBear
6th Apr 2006, 10:09
Hi all, just a quick one- does anyone know if there's much of a wait to start line training after completion of type rating with ryanair? I heard that line training would commence immediately but just heard a rumour that pilots are waiting ages. Any ideas?

Thanks, BBear

ps. this isn't an invite to start abusing the company and tell others how foolish you'd be to join them, it's purely a query, thanks!

Carmoisine
6th Apr 2006, 10:25
Yes is the short answer. Up to 9 months if your very unlucky.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201216

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201093

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208754

Read those threads very carefully.

Kinetic
9th Apr 2006, 01:27
Snake80, I can sense you're nervous, everyone is at the initial stage but don't get to worked up.

Leeds is currently commonly used though it can vary and is down to the examiners discretion on the day. The most important thing is to try and realx as much as is possible have good CRM and be confident, give a good brief etc. even if you screw something up (I did on 2 manoeuvers initially) don't panic, just say "correcting" and make the changes to get the aircraft back on profile. If you go a bit fast, high/low, left/right they will forgive you if you pick it up and do soemthing about it. If you just sit there and exept the error or panic you will do yourself no favours. They are not looking for perfection.

As for the tech interview, you really must learn the last/current aircraft you flew inside out, they will test you on it. Type of engine normally aspirated / fuel injected??, is it a radial? how many cylinders? nose strut compression pressure? type of wing and flaps. What are the advantages of certain flaps. How much fuel can it hold, max distance/time. These may not be exact questions but similar things have been asked and they will expect you to know your last aircraft inside out. And you will be surprised how much knowlege they have and how many people fall down on this stage not the sim or interview.

I know that one examiner asked a friend in the classroom to brief him as best he could for a VOR approach to RW16 at Dublin. This again may not be asked but it has been and the VOR has an intermediate hard altitude and the VOR is a few miles from the runway (5 from memory) so you will get decreasing mileage to the VOR and then increasing mileage away from the VOR before you reach MDA 5 miles from VOR.

If you get similar or for you sim for another airport/approach I would suggest you do this in a logical flow

first plate brief: "read off top line left to right" VOR app to RW16 VOR freq, inbound course, Int hard alt, MDA, MSA in all sectors you will pass through on approach or poss go around. You then brief the go around procedure. just read the text, then skip the main part of the plate (for now) that shows the lateral and vertical profile.

Down to the bottom brief the min Viz/RVR (CAT c aircraft) and the MDA will also be shown there. plate brief done.

Second actions brief: (you will not be expected to know when to configure but points scoring helps and this should impress him/her) using the main part of the plate (vertical/lateral profile) say what you'll do at certain points.

i.e about 15 miles from touchdown I will reduce to 220 KTS, 12 miles from touchdown I will reduce speed and select flaps 1 and then 5. ( Now if you get the Dublin VOR Q it is a GOTCHA as the VOR is set off the Airfield your 15 miles from touchdown will be 10 miles from VOR). You are unlikely to have to fly it, I expect you will get standard CAT1 ILS. Continue with explainong how you would initially dial up the intermediate hard altitiude in the altitiude window and once you had passed you would then select final MDA and you would ask the instructor (non handling pilot) to monitor the descent from the plate for each of the last 5 miles and call out whether high or low so you could theoretically make corrections accordingly (i.e if at 4 miles you should be 1850ft and 3 miles 1200ft on the chart he/she may call "4 miles 1950 you are 100ft high" to which would call "correcting" and slightly increase decent. If they call " 3 miles 1100ft 100 ft low" you call "correcting" and slightly reduce ROD).
At or before MDA you would either disconnect and land or execute the go around as briefied earlier.

the most important thing to say (good CRM point) at the end when you think you've done any brief real or classroom is

"Have I missed anything important, do you have any advice/experience you may like to include" or words to that effect.

This may all be to much to take in, if so I am sorry, the VOR Dub example may not come up for you. Learn your last aircraft, try to enjoy it and GOOD LUCK ;)

Olof
9th Apr 2006, 08:20
Don't make it too big here guys. The hard part is indeed the simulator. Don't freak about making a rock solid performing nailing every alt and speed because if you're a low timer you won't. However, as said before, the do look at your flying skills from a more general view (How do you handle the engine fail, are flying jerky, initiating a G/A if not established etc). Try to nail THAT instead.

As far as the interview goes it is very different depending on who you do it with. Again, nothing too fancy here. No trick questions and no bull shi***. If you're a low-timer they won't come after with you detailed questions regarding your previous a/c. Most of the interview is paper work anyway. The personal interview was nothing too hard either. Some annoying questions like "why should we hire you" or "how do you deal with frustration in life" but in general the guys meant no harm :)

To sum up: Do good in the Sim and stay calm during the interviews. I found the sim extremely difficult but not impossible...I got accepted with a TT of 255h so you can too :cool:

thunderbird-1
10th Apr 2006, 21:17
About the tech interview :

Can you describe one of any aircraft that you have flown ? Or do they really want you to describe the last/current aircraft ?

Can it be an airplane that you flew just in a simulator ?? For exemple, in my case, the last aircraft that I flew was a DA40 but after that I did the MCC on EMB120, so If they look at the last page of my logbook they will see simulator E120. As you can imagine it's easyer to describe a DA40 than a E120 :}

Kinetic
10th Apr 2006, 21:28
The last real aircraft you flew/pre-flighted had a rating in your licence. For most low timers this will be the twin they did there IR on.

thunderbird-1
10th Apr 2006, 21:58
Ok thank's for that quick answer Kinetic. So you can't choose wich aircraft you want to describe.
Do you now how many time you have to wait before being contacted by the school for the interview ?
Anybody has enroll with CAE Aviation Training yet ?
Good night.

aeroarce
14th Apr 2006, 12:09
Hi You all!
I'm just out from the flight school with 170h. Does anyone know whith how many hours are them calling for examination? I know that as more hours you have will be better but I'm just wondering when can i apply to get a bit of chance and be called 4 examination.

Also does you know if you are fired on any of the exams, Do they give you a seccond attempt after? after a year, or 150 hours or anything similar?

thnks 4 your replies.

Olof
14th Apr 2006, 15:20
170h is very little indeed. You can always send an application via SAS or CAE but I doubt that you will be called for interview. It's hard to get an interview with Ryanair unless you have contacts. The ques for SAS and CAE are loooong....

thunderbird-1
14th Apr 2006, 16:19
Hy aeroarce,
the mini riquirement is 200h00 for cadet. Look at http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?sec=careers&ref=10002 you will find what ever you need.
Good luck, by

Morningstar
19th Apr 2006, 13:54
Hello Folks,

Have assessment day with FR around the corner. Apart from what's already on the forum, are there any news re. recent FR Sim session (program, airports etc) and technical interview ?

Any idea about what was recently asked re. commuter A/C (ATR, DASH etc.) ?

Anything they do not want to hear during the personal interview ?

Telstar
20th Apr 2006, 15:03
You'll get a SID out of leeds. General handling, steep turns, climbs and descents at a requested airpseed. NDB tracking. Just general handling, and good instrument skills is whats being looked at. You will get an engine fire and after you've handled it you will do a full proceedural ILS to land. Your performance will be set against the background of your experience level. Make sure you get a few hours in a Jet sim, like the 732 in Dublin or the 727 in Bournemouth. The people who fail are people who weren't instrument and Jet proficient, and weren't prepared.

As for the Oral, you will be asked on your previous aircraft. How does the hear work, systems, engines, how does the heating system work. Make sure you know your systems in detail even and especially if you only flew a seneca.

The HR is a non event. Why do you want to work here? Have you got the reddies for the rating? 5 mins.

richarjm
20th Apr 2006, 15:08
This question has been asked before but no-one seems to have answered it so here goes... Does anyone know how long the wait is from hearing you have passed the Ryanair sim check till hearing your type rating start date? I know a couple of people in that situation who are concerned at having heard nothing so far since hearing they've passed.
JM

TolTol
20th Apr 2006, 16:45
I know of 1 guy who passed his sim check in March. He is starting his type rating in June.

wings87
20th Apr 2006, 16:52
:} Are you talking about all the :mad: paying for their type rating and get paid the huge amount of £8ooo the first year or the real ones going for DE and then not worried about renewal and bills to pay etc.....

richarjm
20th Apr 2006, 17:38
Thanks TolTol, info appreciated.

smith
20th Apr 2006, 18:36
Wings 87

Could you be A320 rider in disguise? :ouch:

richarjm
20th Apr 2006, 18:41
The reply did seem a bit excessively agressive, still how does A320 manage to get mentioned in so many threads?

zooloflyer
20th Apr 2006, 19:31
However he is, he's 200% right - you :mad: fools paying for a TR and :mad: up the market.

Have fun with MOL! Good that all the silly guys end up at Ryanair :ok:

Good luck - go for it guys asap!

zooloflyer
20th Apr 2006, 19:32
Also try Sky Europe - far far away - good luck!

richarjm
20th Apr 2006, 21:44
This will probably go down like a lead balloon but it's just a thought.
This website is a place to exchange rumours, news and information. Why has it become de rigeur that any post asking for info about FR is fair game for abuse? I am not daft, I realise that they are a deeply unpopular company for various reasons but hurling insults when someone asks for some info from fellow pilots seems to go against the spirit of pprune's job section. Are people who have made the tough decision to go down the FR route to be ostracised altogether? I have received PMs from other members with answers to the original question on this thread who were not willing to admit having gone down the ryanair route. I actually dwelled for some time on asking this legitimate question because I knew the type of replies it would generate.
In my opinion such unconstructive comments belong on a thread on the rights and wrongs of a SSTR, not on a thread asking for advice.
Best regards
richarjm

sawotanao
20th Apr 2006, 21:53
I know a good friend who passed the sim at EMA in Feb '06 has been offered a Type in SAS in Mid June. I think they have problems with getting available Trng Cpt's to line train both FO's & Cpt's once the Type rating is completed... hence delays. Hope this helps.

thunderbird-1
20th Apr 2006, 22:03
For the Oral can you choose one aircraft that you have flown or they will check on your logbook your last aircraft.
Do you have a link or the name of the school in Dublin which have 732 sim.
Thank's

nickphuk
21st Apr 2006, 14:05
737-200 Sim in Dublin.
Try contacting either Parc Aviaiton, or
http://www.simtech.ie

zooloflyer
21st Apr 2006, 20:55
Of course the reaction from the pilot community should be very strong when it concerns SSTR - basically every one is against it, right? - so it's just a question of stopping applying for the SSTR's and the system dies...but then, a 'natural' selection would see the light of day and I understand some guys rather prefer buying their way in for now...

Strontium Dog
22nd Apr 2006, 15:36
Just a quick question to those in the know, this is one that's of curiosity rather than major importance.

Do they use Jepps or Aerads on the Sim assessment?

This would just help me to fine tune my prep.
I can & do use both, but like I say, it would help me to fine tune things.:p

Cheers fellas,

SD :ok:

T668BFJ
22nd Apr 2006, 18:20
Jeppeson, from what I have been told.

Strontium Dog
23rd Apr 2006, 10:31
Cheers Dude. :)

sawotanao
27th Apr 2006, 20:18
Anyone got an assessment coming up in June at Ema? If so PM me.:ok:
Cheers S'

BongleBear
1st May 2006, 18:03
zooloflyer, i take it by your exteme bitterness that you're unemployed? not getting any younger either mate, 31 this year? hey come and apply to ryanair, they'll give you a chance! chin up

zooloflyer
1st May 2006, 20:24
I am employed and even paid for the moment - miracles do happen - but always available for an upgrade!

Unfortunately I applied through their affiliated schools months ago - before I even knew about the massive amount of cash you need in order to get through the first year(s)...

Sorry mate, cannot afford MOL's airline. I am quite happy flying daily and am waiting patiently for recruitment by an airline a little closer to home.

You're right, just turned out 30 and losing my sense of adventure...

Good luck to you too and SSTR's will always get the worst out of me, sorry if that hurts you.

BongleBear
2nd May 2006, 08:00
any chance you might change your mind when in a few years youre considered too much of a training risk for an airline to invest in you, so you have no choice except to invest in yourself? i completely understand your side of this, it is frustrating that airlines can now get away with sstr's but you have to remember that an airline is a business, it's simple supply and demand, with contracts going to the highest bidders.

zooloflyer
2nd May 2006, 11:28
Nothing wrong with investing but you still need the funds if you want to.

A little patience might also help - for Belgium, there were about 600 licenced pilots available in 2002 after the Sabena bankrupt. Nowadays this number went down to less than 90 and not many new guys starting the training so I think outlook is fairly positive and that SSTR is not a very good investment for now unless you failed all selections over the last couple of months/years...

Greets.

Fergal20
20th Jun 2006, 14:28
Hi everybody,

I heard from a good source that the Leeds SID is no longer the route being used for the Ryanair sim check. I hear that it is now one of the Luton SID's with an NDB approach back into Luton. Has anybody heard the same and also which of the SID's from Luton is being used?

Thanks.

Global Pilot
21st Jun 2006, 10:06
Fergal,

It shouldn't matter what SID you are asked to use! A SID is a SID is a SID.
To prepare for a SIM check, concentrate on your IF. Make sure your scan is super fast and you will be fine. The instructor is looking for you ability to learn quickly and interaction with your sim partner, he wants to know if you will make it through the type course.

Don't concentrate on any one SID then whatever one you get you will be just be able to fly it. I am not saying dont be prepared, you should be but if your scan is good you will do alright.

Fergal20
21st Jun 2006, 11:12
Hey GP,

I agree, but as you've said there is no harm in being prepared. I'm sure there are people practicing the Leeds SID over and over, so I just thought it would be good to let them know that it might have changed.

Telstar
23rd Oct 2006, 12:54
Has anybody got the latest profile for the sim? My friend has an interview soon and it seems to have changed since I did it. P.M if you prefer!

Wounded Knee
26th Oct 2006, 22:47
I've had the Sim assessment today at the Brussels' CAE Centre. I was among the first wave of candidates to be graded in Brussels.

First we had 63 ATPL Questions followed by 60 English Language questions (people from the UK and Ireland don't have to sit this last test)

This all followed by the sim assessment which was on the 737-300 simulator. Brussels SID and 2 approaches (1 VOR and 1 ILS).

If this all is positive the people from Ryanair invite you for the personal interview at East Midlands!!

TolTol
27th Oct 2006, 11:33
So are they no longer having their assessments in EMA?

Wounded Knee
27th Oct 2006, 13:18
I think it has to do with capacity! So you could be invited to both places.

James7
27th Oct 2006, 16:19
Assessment still being done at EMA. 737-200 very old simulator. Very nice bunch of guys there. Interview very pleasant and the sim session straight forward. Luton westerly departure, few turns / steep turns. Ndb app and landing. Just take it easy when you go visual as so easy to overcontrol, as you only get half visual. This was a very practical assessment - no stupid questions, no psycho tests and no tricks.

flyingoli
30th Oct 2006, 11:59
Hello, just a small post to know if somebody have already received an answer following an assessement in CAE/BRU?

Happy landing,

Oli

Wounded Knee
30th Oct 2006, 13:34
hi,

like yourself, I'm still waiting for any word from CAE/Bru!!
I know that today is the last day of sim gradings. At least according to the schedule I've received. Perhaps CAE is waiting until the last candidate is finished before passing the results on to Ryanair.

zooloflyer
30th Oct 2006, 15:40
Hi Oli - have done the selction at EMA - no ATPL questions there...:ok:

Have gotten a response from FR within 24hrs and a start date for TR within 48hrs! No bullsh... there! Liked that a lot. Financial coñplications are less attractive:\

Most other selections seem to go on and on and on and on...

zooloflyer
31st Oct 2006, 13:37
Yeah - i guess people do change from time to time...:ugh:
I admit having gone through some very troubled times.

Fact is that I am in the middle of some selections and I just wanted to go and have a look myself! + have it as a last option - I liked a lot their approach to things although I still have some doubts.

Back here in Belgium I was also able to get to the last rounds of some selections to finally get proposed an SSTR contract or accept the worst conditions.

If you start calculating it hardly makes a difference where you end up but the fact is that FR is a growing company that is successful and where a fast command position is a possibility. As I said, no bull....

We will see what the future brings!

Low flying area
31st Oct 2006, 22:41
I have also been accepted and I have to say they are really fast and they don't let you in the fog...like in other companies...

To Zooloflyer: When you talked about SSTR in our beautiful country you are probably speaking about TUI? I would really stay away from them, I heard some scary facts about their SSTR...

Cheers and See you in CAE:)

-8AS
2nd Nov 2006, 09:10
Congratulations to those who have recently passed through the selection process and have been accepted into FR! Well done.

nash737
3rd Nov 2006, 12:42
are there any latest other informations about sim and interview ?
thanks

JRT
4th Nov 2006, 15:47
Hi

I was wondering about the time from you sent your application to you got called in for an interview ?

ANd do anyone know about the main difference between SAA test and CAE tests?

Jan

zooloflyer
4th Nov 2006, 16:56
I logged in through the CAE Amsterdam website and it took more than 6 months...

...but on the selction day there were some guys who just called a couple of weeks ago and got invited straight away.

Good luck.

WildDart
4th Nov 2006, 17:43
God some people are stupid in here, just wear formal clothes, but if it was me i wouldn't go full stocks as you can easily look over-dressed.

Streety
4th Nov 2006, 19:01
WildFart,

Suggest you wind your neck in fella, because the only person who's looking really stupid is you. Most people don't take too kindly to some spotty 16 year old appearing out of nowhere and telling them what they should all be doing.

If someone has asked for an idea of what they should wear, then it's probably because they want some advice from someone who has been there and done it. Now, I'm sticking my neck out a little here, but I would suggest you have done neither. Until you have, maybe a bit more listening and a little less sounding off about whether people are stupid or not would be in order.

Good luck to the guys who apply.

Streety

G-Dawg
6th Nov 2006, 20:25
Hi guys, got a sim ride coming up and apart from the SID and STAR and some GH is there anything else that they throw at you, failures for example?? I've recently heard some nightmare stories from guys doing the sim assesment. Sim ride at EME by the way!!!

Cheers

flyingoli
7th Nov 2006, 09:24
Hi guy's,

Just a small post to say that I'm IN...A conversion course and then I will be flying the 737-800, isn't that great?

Best of luck for the others.

Oli

Avadoo
7th Nov 2006, 10:17
G Dawg,

Recently, a failure somewhere around the profile seems to be the norm, cargo door pops open, toilet fire indication, engine fire warning etc. Just try to maintain good CRM, in clear straightforward English. A fair bit of emphasis is placed on the fact that at Ryan many crew members dont have English as their first language, as could well be the case with your sim partner on the day!

Good luck and enjoy it.:ok:

G-Dawg
7th Nov 2006, 16:35
Avadoo, thanks for that appreciate it.

Colibris
8th Nov 2006, 13:18
I'm IN too....starting in December....:)

and you're right, as english is not my first language, it was not easy with my partner in the sim. But we did it.

I had a fire in the rear toilets, and the other guy had a passenger having an heart attack.....

Bye ;-)

JRT
8th Nov 2006, 14:09
Hi

Was just wondering if you suppose to know the checklist for the abnormal situations that might happen on the sim test.

Any advice what to practise on, is it very important to know 737-200 before you go to the simtest in regard of powersetting, attitudes, speeds, flapsettings, and normal procedures.

And how is it best to prepare for the interview

Jan

embraer 195
8th Nov 2006, 18:35
Hi guys,

I have an assessment coming up. Those of you who has been through recently could you please share your knowledge of technical questions they ask and sim profile?

Thank you very much:ok:

easyflybywire
9th Nov 2006, 16:41
I had a fire in the rear toilets, and the other guy had a passenger having an heart attack.....

Hi guys,

is it something they ask to ab initio? Seems a little bit complicated for someone with no line experience at all.

What's your experience Colibris?

I also heard about ILS one engine out. Is it still one of the scenario that may happen?

Thanks

Dan 98
9th Nov 2006, 18:06
Hi Embraer 195 & others,
I did the assessment at the end of Sept. The profile was the CLN 6B out of Luton on RWY 26. Establish onto the VOR at 4,000ft. Some general handling nothing too complicated. I got smoke in the toilet my sim partner got pax with a heart attack. Don't get to hung up on the check lists, what they are looking for is good comms between the PF & PNF and with the crew. NITS brief etc.... Remember to squawk 7700 etc.... and radio calls. Back into land on an NDB. I had no single engine stuff but did have to fly the hold and an entry. I know others who didn't. Just be prepared for doing it. If you're not familiar with the 737 get yourself in a sim. The sim at East Mids has an MCP like like you get on a 737-300, it will really help if you're familiar with this for the PNF role, as they look at your performance in both roles.
With regards to tech questions, these were based around aircraft flown: Seneca etc... And some basic stuff on NDB's and a couple of Met questions.
The instructors were all really friendly and relaxed, and I can honestly say I actually quite enjoyed it, better than being sat at home anyway!!
Good luck
Dan98

Colibris
10th Nov 2006, 15:44
Hi guys,

Dan explained the assessment in a very good way. It's a very relaxed interview, no tricks.

I'm an Ab-Initio Pilot with a little more than 200 hrs. Don't be afraid with what they could ask. THey want to see that you can think before you speak, and that you're safe in a plane.

Then , of course, you have to fly well. But fly as well as you can. A small training could be usefull depending on your experience.

All the best to everyone ;-)

RJELLISUK
10th Nov 2006, 16:26
Hi all,

I found out last night that I have an assessment at EMA on the 16th November, so 6 days time!!!!!! Just completed ab-initio training at flySFC and mcc at parc on the 737-200. I have 20 hrs in the sim so can fly it pretty well but just really want some advice from someone who has passed and got the job. I have never had an interview as only just 21 striaght from college so dont know what to expect. Also tech questions. Do u fail if dont know the answers or as long as you know where to find answers u dont know and a goos sim good enough to get through. I really want this job so want to be ready for anything!!!!!!

Any posts will be useful,

Regards,

RJELLISUK

EGAC_Ramper
10th Nov 2006, 17:00
Congrats on the assessment RJELLISUK.

Scroll up 2 posts and have a read through Dan-98's post as he tells all of what the intervie+sim entails.

Regards

Dan 98
10th Nov 2006, 21:42
Hi Fancy Navigator,
I start my Induction on the 11th of Dec at East Mids, break for Xmas and then out to CAE on the 1st of Jan to start the TR.
So far Ryanair have been prompt, friendly and provided all information, contract, joining instructions etc..... I have emailed them a couple of times with questions and both times have had very prompt responses.
Will let you know how it goes!!
All the best to those with assessments coming up.
Dan

sawotanao
11th Nov 2006, 07:51
I too passed the sim this week, my start date is 9, Jan '07.That same day I got another offer of interview for a Jet job!!.....nothing for 16 months, then two in the same week!Good luck to everyone. Pm me for any info on FR sim asse'.:ok:

727Man
11th Nov 2006, 09:18
Can anyone tell me if they have had to pay for the assesment at Ryanair, I to have an assessment coming up and they want to charge me for it? I just thought that this practice had stopped some time ago?

Avadoo
11th Nov 2006, 11:27
727. I did'nt pay for assessment either, I was invited as a result of attending their recruitment day in August, however the other eleven, all via CAE, did !

Tablet. I think people may be allocated earlier TR slots due to cancellations, its probably easier to fill cancellations from the last batch of interviewees than re-schedule ones already in the system! However if you want an earlier slot why not give them a ring, someone could have cancelled just this morning ;)

embraer 195
11th Nov 2006, 12:44
Hi Dan 98,

Thank you very much for your input. It was very clear and useful. All the best with the course!!!;)

Cheers,

Embraer 195

David_Lid Air
12th Nov 2006, 14:06
So.. I just got a call from Scandinavian Aviation Academy, and I am going to attend in a pre assessment day, the 19th November at SAS Flight Academy in Stockholm. It only took me 2 weeks to get an answer :ooh: .

Is there anyone that have experience from this?

It seems like we will get some ATPL questions and also a english test, after that it will be a interview.

What type of ATPL questions can I expect?

Cheers :)

Shock Wave
12th Nov 2006, 16:17
hi david check your pm

B737_FL410
14th Nov 2006, 11:03
Hello everybody,

I have my assessment in December in EMA. I'm type rated B737 so I would like to know what kind of questions I could expect with my interview.
Someone who can help me with this?? That would be great!!!!!

Thanks already!!

B737_FL410

final.approach
16th Nov 2006, 13:33
Hi all,just a short question..I have sent my application to CAE some weeks ago, but how long does it usually takes to get an answer?Do you know if there will be assessment days soon? For your info, I've just finished my ab initio training in Italy.Thanks

Colibris
16th Nov 2006, 17:03
Hi,

I've been waiting 10 months before being called by CAE. Some others waited only a few weeks.

And yes, they're hiring intensively.

Good luck

Jinkster
16th Nov 2006, 17:27
final app,
have you chased them up?

RJELLISUK
17th Nov 2006, 10:23
Hi all,

I had the assessment at East Mids yesterday thurs 16th. I went in sim at 10 and interview at 12. Had an email waiting for me when I got home to essex and IT SAID I PASSED AND HAVE GOT THE JOB. Aaaaaaaaahhhh. Scarey as first job and only 21!!!!! 203hrs TT. Start CAE t/r 1st Jan. Cant wait. If anyone is up 4 assessment then you can PM me. Biggest tip, Fly the profiles on ms flight sim using the wilco 737-300 set at 40,000kg and just try to ignor N1 instead of EPR settings.

Regards,

RJELLISUK:ok:

David_Lid Air
17th Nov 2006, 10:40
Does the B737-200 sim in East Midlands have the 300 MCP? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS :ok:

RJELLISUK
17th Nov 2006, 11:04
Hiya,

The answer is yes, It is extremely similar. Also there is an ADF needle on the actuall HSI so it maked tracking very easy as you can put the CDI on the required TRK. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/711494/L/
This link shows a 732 very similar. You have 2 course selectors on the mcp, one for both sides, 1 hdg sel which moves both bugs, and the speed window which moves the orange bug on the ASI. Also you use the mcp alt window so you get alt alert +- 1000ft.
Hope that helps

RJELLISUK:oh:

RJELLISUK
17th Nov 2006, 11:35
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0771310/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0991579/L/

Actually these are more accurate as they show the red ADF needle on the HSI and the correct spherical ADI as used.

RJELLISUK:mad:

David_Lid Air
17th Nov 2006, 11:41
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0771310/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0991579/L/

Actually these are more accurate as they show the red ADF needle on the HSI and the correct spherical ADI as used.

RJELLISUK:mad:

Looks great :) , thanks for the info. I may have some questions later when I am about to do the assessment in East Mids (if I pass the tests now on sunday), so be prepared for a PM :}

RJELLISUK
17th Nov 2006, 12:12
Look forward to hearing from you.
Good luck Sunday,

Regards,

EGAC_Ramper
17th Nov 2006, 13:14
Congratulations RJELLISUK and good luck David_Lid Air.

Actually see you out in CAE RJELLISUK! :ok:

Bertie Bassett
17th Nov 2006, 15:22
After checking the posting age of some of the successful candidates, has anyone the wrong side of 30 been successful or even got as far as the assessment days? No, I thought not :ugh:

Good luck to all the 'lucky' candidates!

EGAC_Ramper
17th Nov 2006, 16:26
And also Bertie friend of mine is 32 and starts TR early december so not all doom and gloom!

Avadoo
17th Nov 2006, 16:37
Bertie,

38yr old, modular via various schools, part time ppl instructor and no contacts in Ryan. After eight years from trial lesson to recent success,
all I can say is, if you really want it, stick at it!!

Bertie Bassett
17th Nov 2006, 20:02
Avadoo, EGAC_Ramper and tablet,

Thanks, the replies provide a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

mac.2.02
18th Nov 2006, 14:37
Thanks for all the great info so far.:D
Does anyone have any copy of the plates of Luton apt. Ex. CLN 6B and the app for RWY26. And I need the power settings and flight profile as well if someone has it please pass it to me.
Is there a panel interview with 2-3 interviewers or is there only one interview guy?:rolleyes:
:ok: :ok: :ok:

Avadoo
18th Nov 2006, 15:26
Mac,

Two interviewers, 1 human resources and 1 sim assessor.

Airfield plates can be downloaded if you log onto ' NATS '.

I would recommend at least a one hour session in a 732 sim if possible.
I know some guys have prepared with six hour sim sessions and still been
unsuccessful on the day !!

sawotanao
18th Nov 2006, 15:53
I agree, I felt much happier having had some B732 sim time. Also you can download the SID & APP' Plates from the uk AIP, website:www.ais.org.uk.

RJELLISUK
19th Nov 2006, 11:17
I downloaded the actual jepp plates free off thomsonfly recritment page as sim assessment the same. The approach plate is the same although thomson fly the ils and we fly the ndb. Just use the FAT and the loc spot heights for the profile. remember it is a full procedual app so learn the enteries for the hold style join.
It is at the botton of the pilot recruitment page,

Regards,

Pilot Billy
19th Nov 2006, 21:13
Yes Tablet, I'm due to start the TR at SAS on 29th Jan, tho still tryin to raise the cash. Am also the wrong side of 30! Anybody know any bank managers that are open minded and have a sense of adventure?!! :ugh:

RJELLISUK
21st Nov 2006, 10:23
Anywhere know of anywhere good 2 stay while at CAE?

Cheers

Jinkster
21st Nov 2006, 10:25
Good man for posting ! - NO IDEA!

I'm on your course.

Jinkster

raceeend
21st Nov 2006, 11:43
Gentleman,

Other students at CAE wil help you with accomodation, I have visited some students I know from my ATPL class and saw that they have proper accomodation not to far from CAE.

There also is a school campus next door where students of the Aviation college next to CAE live.

So, don't worry, There is a place to stay.

:) Raceeend :)

AndyDRHuddleston
21st Nov 2006, 11:46
Jinster/RJEllis

Did you both not get the email from Latha re accommodation? I have it and can forward it on if you want.

See you both in EMA on 11th!

Andy

INSIDEVIEW
21st Nov 2006, 16:24
I just recieved an email from CAE to breakdown again my Flighthours...GOOD SIGN ???

David_Lid Air
23rd Nov 2006, 12:20
I think I failed the pre assessment tests :{ , ok I am not that surprised because I was sick and could barely tink that day. But at least they could give me a call and let me know:confused: , the other guys have been told whether they failed or passed, but I have been told nothing :ugh:.

Should I give them a call? I have sent an e-mail but no response :uhoh: , and before I did these tests they replied very fast.

Oh well. I think I need to activate plan b.

Jinkster
23rd Nov 2006, 12:38
I heard from them 20mins after my sim ride by email

David_Lid Air
23rd Nov 2006, 12:42
I heard from them 20mins after my sim ride by email

Ok :) .. I havent done the sim ride yet. I did some theoretical tests, those who pass those may go to england and do the sim thing :} .. A school here in Sweden provide Ryanair with pilots.

Jannik23
24th Nov 2006, 07:18
HEllo

How much does the rating cost - and how lon time can you expect to sit and wait for linetraining without pay ??
Asking because I have been accepted on PEgasus Airlines typerating course and 100 hrs linetraining and can be done with all of it in MAy 2007 so dont wanna pay more to Ryan and sit around waiting for 6 months to start linetraining

Jannik

Cojack
25th Nov 2006, 08:29
Well there is problems I can see here Jannik,
If you do the type rating with Pegasus, and want to join Ryanair afterwards, you will need 500 hours on a 737 3-900, If you only have 100 hours you will need to re-do a Ryanair Type Rating. No exceptions.

Jannik23
25th Nov 2006, 08:48
Hi Cojack

To be honest I would try to steer clear of Ryanair if possible after all the bad things I have headr. But since I applied to them over 2½ yrs ago I finally got a reply 2 days ago (took them 2½ yrs to get back to me)

If I have the rating and 100 hrs I should be able to get a job with another 737 carrier no problem - so would definitly not go for Ryanair if I have the rating and 100 hrs.
But dont think I will go to their assesemnt as its 2500£ + travel etc more thant the PEgasus course which includes linetraining and I probably wont hear from Ryan again bofore sometime next year and Im scheduealed to start rating early January with Pegasus so wont bail out ion Pegasus to fail Ryan assesments and the have nothing.

Good luck to all ryanair applicants - hope you will get a reply within 2½ yrs

Jannik

David_Lid Air
25th Nov 2006, 09:34
Yet I havent been notified if I passed the tests or not, but now it doesnt matter to me anymore, I just got another offer that I will take. So Ryanair, congratulations you just lost a good pilot candidate :}.

If they only where a little bit faster they would have had me. But of course there are so many pilots out there who wants to join RYR so I actually, dont think that they will cry because I gave up on them :).

dartagnan
26th Nov 2006, 08:19
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

give a look at this, and tell me if you want fly for an airline who serves his customers so badly!

David_Lid Air
26th Nov 2006, 09:15
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

give a look at this, and tell me if you want fly for an airline who serves his customers so badly!

:eek: Now my choice feels even better :}

stev
28th Nov 2006, 16:03
Fancy Navigator im starting in Amsterdam on the 15th:ok:

stev
28th Nov 2006, 16:06
Good man for posting ! - NO IDEA!
I'm on your course.
Jinkster

Im with ye Jinkster Irish are takin over:E

RJELLISUK
28th Nov 2006, 16:07
Me too, I start CAE AMS 15th Jan! Everyone at EMA 1st Jan then? What do we do at EMA exactly?

stev
28th Nov 2006, 16:15
Dont know exactly think it might be the wet training and admin type stuff. Brookfield told me not to worry about half the forms for the BAA airside pass as they will be going through it with us in EMA. But im not sure what the story is?

RJELLISUK
28th Nov 2006, 16:29
Well im on a ryanair contract not brookfields so have not recieved the forms yet, i do have the broookfields ones tho as they offered me a contract 2, i presume they are the same as the pass has 2 b4 ryanair weather ur direct or contract!!:ok:

EGAC_Ramper
28th Nov 2006, 18:14
For those wondering what happens at EMA.

Just finished and basically first day was admin, recieving training files etc.
Then this is all followed by 2 days of CRM and 3 days of SEP. The SEp days included secuirty,safety etc with trip to the pool for a few lengths. Also a go on the cabin trainer with escape slide and overwing exit, aswell as this at some god forsaken hour an aircraft visit to have a nosey round and open/close the doors. Finally also included a quick blast in the fire simulator donning personal breathing equipment and putting fires out.

Regards :ok:

RJELLISUK
28th Nov 2006, 19:23
Cheers 4 the EMA info, thats grand!! Where did u stay up there. PM me any details of accom, good pubs etc.

Anything much appreciated
:ok:
RJELLIS

ramon76
29th Nov 2006, 00:08
Please, any feedback about the SAA?
How is the Ryanair assesment? and the MCC?
Among CAE, SAA makes this short of assesments for Ryan SSTR cadets.

Is there a pilot pool after the complection of the process?
Because on Ryanair´s webpage, says this:

(is there a difference between copilots and cadets?)

Pilot Recruitment Update - CO - PILOTS

Our First Officer training courses for 2006 are now fully subscribed. Our next First Officer training courses will commence in April 2007. We are currently inviting applications from 737 type rated First Officers looking to commence training courses from April 2007 onwards.

We have just 25 places left on courses for Captains this year. If you are interested in applying as a Captain please forward your CV to Applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis. Type rating on the 737-800 is a decided advantage.Courses for cadets will commence in January 2007 at Ryanair approved schools. Applications should be made directly to the schools.

thanks in advance, and good luck!!!

Ramon

JWSocata
29th Nov 2006, 10:17
Hey everybody

I have a question (of course :hmm: )
Recently I have been contacted bij CAE to do the assesment for ryanair. First I've got a day in Amsterdam for ATPL theory questions (MC) and an English test (multiple choice) and the day after a Sim grading on the Boeing 737-300 at CAE Brussel.
My question is, does anybody have an idea what to expect from the ATPL questions and the 733 ride? A lot of my school mates (CAE/NLS) also got invitations but for januari, they will recieve the technical assesment and the ride on the 732. So my way is a bit different. Anybody out there with experience concerning the ATPL and 733?
Thanks a lot!