PDA

View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

upnorth east
18th May 2010, 09:41
SKYMAN
The BRS and STN frames coming through NCL early morning are balanced out by NCL frames operating to STN And BRS, then going onto ALC And AGP (I think) before returning to NCL. Likewise the BRS and STN then route from here to Spain before returning to their home bases.

Peter Ridley
18th May 2010, 11:47
I have been reliably informed that the winter schedule for easyJet is planned to be on sale the week ending 29th May.

The full winter schedule including new routes will not all be on sale until the end of June.

Read into that what you will.

ReadyToGo
18th May 2010, 12:45
Another few rumours regarding Eastern

T3 to drop its route to Southampton for the summer. (Currently Operates 2x Daily) (from a very credible source, and hardly surprising seeing as it competes with Flybe, and hasnt got the most practical timings. SOU also served from MME)

Also, the much discussed tie-in with Air Southwest, would see T3 operate the daily Plymouth/Newquay service, but with a reduced product onboard. (Not so sure about this one, but could it be that ASW are simply chartering a T3 aircraft again, but basing it at NCL to operate those sectors). Suggestion is that the service would be on the Saab2000, and would start in Aberdeen (route would be ABZ-NCL-PLH-NQY-NCL-ABZ). When the Embraers come online, might free up an S20 somewhere?

Delivery of Embraers is imminent, with first aircraft to be delivered into NCL in a few weeks to be looked at by engineers. No mention of any set date though as yet.

RTG!

HH6702
19th May 2010, 00:01
Lets see what happens over the next 2 weeks i think that we may be supprised as what is going to happen.

Maybe the likes of ALC,PMI,AGP,BCN,FAO being reduced to say around 4x weekly. this would free up the aircraft for some new routes.
Maybe even a A320 base part week for SSH,TFS,Paphos etc.

GVA we are hearing is going to be a GVA based aircraft this winter or at least a non-ncl based aircraft.

The rumours of easyjet pulling out of NCL or turning the base into summer only dont make sence. Dont think EZY would think of going down the road to DTV even if they got offered a really good deal unless they kept the routes at ncl too.

Jet2 and Ryanair would clean up at NCL if EZY moved down the road.

What do you think?

anthperry
19th May 2010, 11:29
Saab into Plh?!! hmmmmmm

DL93
19th May 2010, 21:36
Could do it blindfolded .........:ok:

mmeteesside
20th May 2010, 09:39
For whoever was asking about mail/cargo, see my older post here:
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/350781-newcastle-8-a-20.html#post4883047

Same times just the Swiftair is now an Embraer 120.

HH6702
20th May 2010, 10:10
Have just been putting a charter guide together for next summer to see how it looks.
Have noticed that gerona has been dropped by thomson holidays for next summer.
Thomson were the only ones with a charter flight to gerona.

Looks like its ryanair only on the route now for next summer wonder if ryanair will
Increase the amount of flights to gerona to cover the shortfall.

Anybody know how many went out and came on the new ryanair flight to oslo yesterday?

Fancy Navigator
20th May 2010, 12:02
How well are Ryanair doing in NCL? Any chance of an FR base soon? There seems to be a gap in the market, would be interesting to see how it could work out.....

northumberlandairway
20th May 2010, 14:43
Ryanair doesn't really like Newcastle even though the city fits their demographics quite well.

Loads of opportunities for some airlines to fill the gaps in Germany, Poland and Italy once the economy starts to cheer up a bit.

transwede
20th May 2010, 14:52
HH6702,

Have noticed that gerona has been dropped by thomson holidays for next summer.

Thomson dropped GRO this summer a while ago.

mmeteesside
20th May 2010, 16:28
I see the rumours about Eastern were correct, Southampton is dropped completely (still available via Aberdeen for anyone daft enough!) - last service 31st May!
Sunday Aberdeen downgraded to J41 (W from EMA) due to it no longer going onto Southampton (comes through DTV instead!).

HH6702
20th May 2010, 20:31
Thomson are doing gerona this year but high season only from mid july until end of september!

transwede
21st May 2010, 12:07
GRO does not appear on any TUI schedules for a NCL departure. It has long been known that the big tour ops are moving away from traditional spanish resorts, particularly those around GRO. First Choice, when it was a stand alone company pulled out of northern Spain a few years ago, maybe FR have won that particular battle?!

DTVAirport
21st May 2010, 21:25
If you guys do lose easyJet, you have my full sympathy, since we down the road know what it's like to lose your biggest customer! Having said that, as someone briefly touched on above, I think Jet2 would immediately announce an expansion & turn NCL into a proper base.

I do think there has been some kind of falling out between NCL & easyJet and if MMEs owners, Peel, were on the ball (which they're usually not) they would offer easyJet a very sweet deal to operate into all three of their airports & not just LPL & DSA.

It sounds kind of strange, but everyone could win if they do go!! You've got enough airlines to more than adequately replace easyJet & we get a based loco back.

ncleflights
21st May 2010, 22:23
Just playing devils advocate here but if ezy were to go then DL would have to go also. Given the airport has seen zero growth under his leadership to loose ezy would surely result in a vacancy at the top!

On a totally different track is the new airport hotel ever going to open, does anyone know?

CentreFix25
22nd May 2010, 06:25
Newcastle's not going to lose Easyjet, some daft comments recently.

Anyone who thinks they are going to move down to MME has obviously got no business sense.

HH6702
22nd May 2010, 10:48
ive said this before that the reason why nothing big has happened at ncl is because we were a BOEING base and NOT AIRBUS.

Now that we are a Airbus base i would expect newcastle to start expending again but maybe not until summer 2011 as new aircraft will already be set to go to certain bases.

Maybe they have held off the winter flights as there may be a big change in routes offered for this winter maybe even a A320 based making us back to 6 aircraft. a long shot i know but hopefully some good news

apaul
22nd May 2010, 15:26
Just because you have said it before does not mean it is correct. You only need to look at the number of flights from NCL that EZY cut back on last winter when it was already an Airbus base to know that that is not the reason. They were barely flying enough to keep three aircraft busy so six aircraft in the winter is wishful thinking in my opinion.

aeulad
22nd May 2010, 19:34
The problem with NCL is it's seasonality. That has come straight from the top at EZY. Summer is great for EZY@NCL but winter is hard going.

I think year round sustainable routes need to be found, otherwise the base will stagnate.

Regards

Mike

neil_2008
22nd May 2010, 21:25
Simple to say that Winter is hard at NCL but lets look at those routes that have been pulled by EZY which are ideal winter routes. Berlin, Budapest Prague, Krakow etc.

Who wants to go to Alicante or Malaga in December? Give us somewhere decent to go, in season during the winter and people will go.

chris1001
22nd May 2010, 21:30
If easyJet cannot shift seats at Newcastle during the winter then maybe they should offer a bigger selection of ski routes since they only offer Geneva as a "true" ski destination. How about 3 x weekly to Zurich, Innsbruck or Salzberg?

I still think Milan makes a good year round destination also, attracting both business and holiday traffic year round. RYR had 40 seats too many on each flight and bad timings to BGO.

unclebaldy
23rd May 2010, 14:34
did todays EK abort and land on second attempt?

EGNT
23rd May 2010, 17:31
There were 4 missed approaches this afternoon due to both a strong tailwind on approach to 07 combined with horizontal shear at around 300ft AGL.

unclebaldy
23rd May 2010, 17:52
thought I was seeing double when EK went passed twice.

skyman771
24th May 2010, 11:26
Talking of EK, then they are back in the news again for all the right reasons. Full page in Friday's Journal on EK and their performance, plans re NCL & the 773ER.
Basically a confirmation of earlier posts that they are to showcase the 773ER at airports anniversary, but more importantly stating that EK "hope to start running it on the NCL - DXB if pax no.'s continue to rise"
Laurie Berryman (UK North Manager for EK)
"And if the growth continues, we will be looking to start using an aircraft with increased capacity on the route but we are talking about at least a year for that to happen"
Of interest also is the reference to dramatic cargo growth, 720,000 kilo's handled Jan-Mar 10.
As for pax. up 25% Y.o.Y. then obviously EK can't ignore this sort of demand.

No doubt the cynic's will cite BA problems as a major cintibutory factor, but the reality is that pax may realise that BA have been "trumped" as to much eastbound LH traffic ex NCL.

transwede
24th May 2010, 12:21
Jet2 released S11 but no new routes, are any new ones to be announced in future, seen as the likes of BJV etc been announced from majority of other bases...would be nice to see SZG for the winter!?

HH6702
25th May 2010, 10:10
Have spotted the following

Ibiza 1 extra flight on a saturday now 3x weekly
Murica 1 less flight no flight on a tuesday now 6x weekly

Pisa and split not on sale yet but these maybe added by end of this summer!
Everything else seems to be the same

ncleflights
25th May 2010, 19:41
Cork seems to have gone for summer 2011 or am i missing something

airhumberside
25th May 2010, 21:01
Cork will probably come later. The shorter routes such as LBA-BFS are not yet on sale. So far the routes on sale across the Jet 2 network are generally 'sun' routes, probably in response to Thomas Cook and Thomson having Summer 2011 on sale

fl dutchman
25th May 2010, 21:46
Just had sight of a piece of literature promoting Jet 2 New York Christmas shopping weekends with flights from NCL and LBA.
Departure dates for the 3 night breaks Dec 2nd and Dec 9th 2010.

Leaflet "Holiday Deals 2010/2011" being used in a door drop at various locations. New York info on inside back cover.

Chitty
25th May 2010, 22:15
where have heard this information about jet2 doing flight from newcastle and leeds bradford for 3 day shopping trip to new york

HH6702
26th May 2010, 13:51
Anybody got any more info when easyjet winter flights are to go on sale from ncl?

good news about jet2 and new york.
maybe the airport can use these figures of pax on these new york flights and try to get CO into ncl....

M62
26th May 2010, 14:38
The bean counters at CO are hardly going to use pax numbers on a couple of shoppers specials when assessing the (non) viability of a NCL- EWR service.

HH6702
26th May 2010, 14:58
looks like the route has now gone year round.
flights are on sale from nov-march:D

Flyit Pointit Sortit
26th May 2010, 17:58
staff car park keeps varying, at the moment it is in car park A as the lights don't work in car park B. Nobody seems to have noticed that they are not working. Simple answer is go into the long term car park and follow the signs for staff car parking.

good luck in your new job

PS easyJets winter schedule will be out this week, expecting it to be substantially reduced.

fl dutchman
26th May 2010, 18:34
Perhaps 3 based aircraft ??

ncleflights
26th May 2010, 20:52
If ezy drop down to 3 based aircraft and I appreciate that it is just a rumour this would be bad for NCL. Surely if this rumour does become fact then it can only support the rumours that ezy have lost all interest in developing the NCL base. Is it time to think about a sweatner to tempt in Ryanair?

Kev 1
27th May 2010, 07:46
3 aircraft base seems to be right, flights for Winter 10/11 on sale now, following routes are not available after 31st October:

Ibiza (seasonal anyway)
London Stansted
Palma
Murcia
Malta
Nice (seasonal)
Rome (seasonal)

Alicante, Barcelona, Faro, Malaga & Paris all on vastly reduced frequencies versus last winter.

Has all the earmarks of a staged base closure to me (the un-trained eye), considering two years ago we had 7 based aircraft for Summer and 6 for Winter.....unless the above routes are being released at a later date of course!

Kev

neil_2008
27th May 2010, 08:06
On the Stansted route the Stansted BAA published timetable shows a timetable variation for the route after 31/10/10.

It remains as is however without the last rotation of the day 516/517 for the winter?

So does this indicate it will be released later?

2Planks
27th May 2010, 10:24
Thanks for all the rumours and news posted here- I was using them waiting to pounce on EZY GVA flights over Christmas - I think I got there within an hour of the release, sadly one thing is clear they have kept the high yield routes on!

Hipennine
27th May 2010, 15:33
Interestingly, for the dates in March I'm heading to CH, Easyjet are cheaper out of EDI, LPL and MAN than NCL, even though those flights have been on sale longer ! Actually booked on LX to ZRH from MAN, because by the time you add baggage and skis, they were way cheaper, with better choice of flights, and worth the extra travelling costs to MAN.

HH6702
27th May 2010, 16:49
had a good look at the timetable and as it stands its 3 aircraft needed whoever that is only if the way the stn in the morning stays the way it does now.

looks like the FAO,AGP take turns during the week and leave ncl at 08:00 so the arriving STN would have to be at NCL for no later than 07:35.

With the outbound STN leaving around 7am

If however the STN turns out to be used by a NCL based aircraft on both sectors then a 4 aircraft is needed.

Im shocked to see Malta not being used during the winter thought the loads on that were good.

Could we not see some new winter routes launched from ncl in the coming days/weeks to make NCL a 5 based airport still

TFS,ACE,FUE,LPA,SSH,HRG,MAD??
i know its a long shot and probs will never happen.

cjags
27th May 2010, 17:15
Poorer performing EZY routes are being pulled for the winter, supposedly to deliver a stronger financial performance.

I'm always a glass half full person, though I wasn't at all suprised to see these cuts. Infact, I'm amazed there is even a winter schedule.

neil_2008
27th May 2010, 17:29
Poorer performing routes, does this include STN? Surely not?

cjags
27th May 2010, 17:50
From what I know, load factors on NCL-STN aren't that high except Friday and Sunday sectors.

Peter Ridley
27th May 2010, 18:02
This wont be a NCL only problem. The sign of things to come at all airports.
Most of what happens in Europe/UK seems to be based on the never never.

Ashling
27th May 2010, 19:29
Stn is one of the worst performing routes I'm afraid.

fl dutchman
27th May 2010, 23:10
STN Gone!!

Last winter on most days the schedule seemed to be operated by 3 aircraft.

I dont think there is a significant reduction in frequencies for the remaining routes compared with what operated last winter.

I dont think PMI operated for most of last winter.

Shame about Malta but presumably any subsidy has ended.

Stansted has been in decline for a few years now but I think the scheduling may be partly to blame. Doubt if it will ever come back.

However it will be interesting to see what happens for Summer 2011. Will the number of based aircraft increase or is NCL going the way of EMA.

Ryanair seem to be doing well at EMA after Easyjet left. Could this be repeated at NCL??.

ncleflights
27th May 2010, 23:15
I think this provides further evidence of the beginning of the end of ezy at NCL. Winter 09/10 had ops to Palma, Murcia and Malta, now gone. Scope is there for additional year round ops, if ezy were serious about developing the NCL base, to Egypt and the Canaries.

Lets hope NCL management are working behind the scenes to get another carrier in, but I don't have a lot of faith on that happening either. Were all doomed.

CentreFix25
28th May 2010, 06:19
A number of people I know who live within 30 mins of NCL are off to Spain this half term. A surprising number of them are flying from Glasgow and Manchester because it's cheaper, £700 pounds for a family of 4 in one case. This situation can't be good for NCL.

apaul
28th May 2010, 09:45
Because the Scottish and English school summer and half-term holidays are different you often get passengers crossing the border to get cheaper fares. If anything it probably helps Newcastle by spreading out demand. If you fly to a holiday destination from NCL in early July you will find lots of people from Scotland on the plane. Re Easyjet I don't think they have done a good job from NCL, especially as there is not the same amount of direct competition from Ryanair as say Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

idlejack
28th May 2010, 17:11
Jet2.com To Offer Shopaholics A Bite Of The Big Apple This Christmas!

Flights from Newcastle and Leeds-Bradford for just £358.98 return or 3 night breaks from £599!
As Sex and The City mania sweeps the UK this week, there is more good news in store for Carrie wannabes everywhere, as leading friendly low fare airline Jet2.com announces special, one-off return flights to New York this Christmas for just £358.98 per person, including taxes - leaving from Newcastle and Leeds-Bradford airports.
What’s more, package holidays are also available from Jet2holidays for the bargain price of £599 per person including return flights and 3 night’s hotel accommodation!

Flights go from Newcastle and Leeds-Bradford to New York’s Newark airport as follows:
2nd December returning 5th December 2010
9th December returning 12th December 2010
Philip Meeson, boss of Jet2.com said: “Nobody does Christmas quite like the Big Apple and I’m sure that the people of the North East and Yorkshire will revel in the opportunity to do their festive shopping in the most magical of winter wonderlands. Whether its ice-skating at the Rockefeller Centre, bargain hunting in Macy’s, or cocktail sipping in Greenwich Village, I’d urge New York lovers to book their flights or holiday packages fast – places are going to go quicker than you can say ‘Cosmopolitan’!”

EGNT-FLYER
28th May 2010, 19:22
Hi,

I haven't really got a clue about things like this but since easyJet have announced there flights for winter 10/11 from NCL is there any chance they may announce anymore for that said period or would that be a very unusual thing for them to do saying other routes are now on sale?

Thanks,
EGNT

cjags
28th May 2010, 20:43
easyJet is set to announce new routes for the winter in June, but whether or not any of these will be at NCL I have not yet been able to establish for certain.

Jamesair
31st May 2010, 16:11
Any more gossip on the rumoured Lufthansa/BMI expansion at NCL? and considering Jet2 announed 6 new routes for this summer surely something new must be in the offing for summer 2011.

clearfinalsno1
1st Jun 2010, 11:24
hi all,

I don't normally read this thread. What's happening with Easyjet at Newcastle these days ? A few years ago it seemed it was constant growth and new routes. I used their egnt-prague route a few times and it was always full. I see it's gone now. What's that about?

Also someone above suggests the Stansted link will go. You used to be able to get flights down there to link up with international routes for a tenner. Is the key hub for Easyjet going to be Bristol now? Will driving be the only option for stansted soon? Thanks.

Flyer70
2nd Jun 2010, 10:23
If Easyjet are thinking of ending the Stansted flights, I will be not be happy. I have used this route often over the years, starting when it was operated by Gill, then Go and now Easyjet. Loads have always been good when I have flown. If it does go I hope someone else takes it up.

anthbower1234
3rd Jun 2010, 08:49
Been thinking recently of my trip on Sunways MD83 to Dalaman fond memories! How many Turkish charters have visited over the seasons!Onur seams to be the only legacy left @ NCL anyone with with any great storys of TC-'s at NCL?:ok:

GrahamK
3rd Jun 2010, 10:02
Over the years I can recall:

Onur Air
Pegasus
Sun Express
Sunways
KTHY I think have made a few appearances
THY Turkish Airlines have appeared a few times
Sky Airlines (new to NCL this year)
SAGA
Freebird
Turkuaz

One Turkish Airline that operated 727s which I can't remember the name of...

Any others?

starship
3rd Jun 2010, 12:50
Torosair :)

DOOBIE
3rd Jun 2010, 13:01
Talia with 727s

deltahotel9
3rd Jun 2010, 13:44
I think it was Istanbul airlines who also flew a few years back, I seem to recall at one point all of their 757 fleet came through NCL on the same day, Mondays I believe.

ReadyToGo
3rd Jun 2010, 15:40
Last year there was a "Tailwinds" 737 that came in on the odd occasion, though I suspect it was a substitute aircraft for Onur Air.

Didn't Iberworld do some charter flights to Dalaman last year/year before. Ok, so not strictly a Turkish Airline, but all the same, something a little different.
MNG Airlines did the mail flights for a while... again not strictly a Turkish Charter...

RTG!!!

richardhall99
3rd Jun 2010, 16:55
I think Newcastle has become a big stagnant in the last year despite growth at other airports of a similar size during these difficult times. The fact Hannover a couple of times a week coming in from Exeter gets such applause from the company highlights the plight.

Why is that others like Liverpool can attract the low cost carriers and keep them there when Newcastle struggles to hold down routes season after season - would you point the blame at the marketing, the management, the passengers, the airlines or a combination of them all?

Newcastle does seem, in my own opinion, seem to be dropping down the rankings of the regionals of similar size like Bristol, Belfast, Liverpool, Aberdeen.

GrahamK
3rd Jun 2010, 17:33
The problem Newcastle has, is that the catchment area population is significantly smaller than that of Liverpool, Bristol, East Midlands, and even Belfast. Never the less, whilst these other airports may have huge LCC presence, Newcastle is coping quite well with a good mix of LCC (Jet2, easyJet, Ryanair, Flybe), Charter (Thomsonfly, Thomas Cook etc) and Legacy carriers (BA, KL, LH, AF, SN/BMI, EK).

How many of those other "similar sized" airports can claim to have a successful daily A330 service to Dubai for example?

:ok:

GrahamK
3rd Jun 2010, 17:38
Oh, and Thomas Cook have added extra flights to Mahon, operating on sundays by Astraeus (Iceland Express?) on a "w" from BHX.

Seem's they've added extra flights to PMI (op by Iberworld) and IBZ (op by Thomas Cook Belgium!?!) as well.

ConstantFlyer
4th Jun 2010, 15:26
The problem Newcastle has is that nearly half its catchment area is in the North Sea. Still, could be worse (e.g. Manston, where it's more like three-quarters).

deltahotel9
4th Jun 2010, 15:58
Another problem is that its often more expensive to fly from Newcastle than other airports, a colleague recently flew from EDI with EZY as the flights were almost half the price of the same flights from NCL. While many people, including me, will always chose to fly from their local airport for the convience others are much more willing to travel a couple of hours as far as Manchester or Glasgow to get cheaper fares.

We need more choice and fairer fares for NCL to really start growing again, and of course we need airlines that are committed to NCL, EZY seem to be wavering and LS holding back on further expansion, or there could of course be things going on behind the scenes we don't know about? Lets see how 2011 shapes up and we should have a good idea what everyone is planning longer term.

NCL1
4th Jun 2010, 18:20
when do the extra tcx flight start?

ash666
5th Jun 2010, 05:55
this is not meant as a criticism, just curious as to how airports work.
The question is, how come the first flights of the day regularly, almost routinely, take off 20mins+ late when the aircraft were there overnight and the check-in desks close in plenty of time?
ie today, 6.05 AMS left 6.30
6.20 Palma left 6.43
625 CDG left 6.46

Hotel Uniform Yankee
5th Jun 2010, 07:33
Airline often get slots at that time of the morning, due to enroute atc capacity. Nothing to do with the airport.

HH6702
5th Jun 2010, 07:34
I think these flights were giving a slot time later than planned by brussels due to busy airspace. It happens all the time.

ash666
5th Jun 2010, 08:04
ok, thanks.

HH6702
5th Jun 2010, 10:30
1st flight looks to be 27th june

Newcastle - Mahon (Menorca)
16:15 / 19:50 (2 hours 35 minutes) (AEU402)

Mahon (Menorca) - Newcastle
13:30 / 15:15 (2 hours 45 minutes) (AEU403)

:ok:

Evileyes
6th Jun 2010, 21:24
Several recent posts have been moved to:

http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/417393-newcastle-pics.html

anthbower1234
7th Jun 2010, 09:52
cheers evil eyes will be a good lad and update the new thread!hope you all enjoy!

Captain_Adams
7th Jun 2010, 12:34
Going back to the TC- airlines that operated out of Newcastle, can anyone remember Top Air with their 727's in the mid 90's?

They used to have a schedule on a Friday evening along with the Sabre 727, but as I recall I never saw them on the ground at the same time :(

TC-IYA/B/C were the machines but Im pretty sure that only A ever turned up? Correct me if I am wrong.

mmeteesside
9th Jun 2010, 14:46
KLM down to just 3 flights a day for the winter! Albeit all 737's.
Not great for frequency when they used to be 5 a day!

ash666
9th Jun 2010, 14:51
That must be good for EK.

Topjet
9th Jun 2010, 15:18
"The question is, how come the first flights of the day regularly, almost routinely, take off 20mins+ late when the aircraft were there overnight and the check-in desks close in plenty of time?
ie today, 6.05 AMS left 6.30
6.20 Palma left 6.43
625 CDG left 6.46"

Hi there.

The Amsterdam aircraft would usually get a slot as It's competing for a landing slot with many trans-atlantics aswell as EGPD/PH/PF/NM/CC/NV/CN flights flying into Amsterdam all wanting to land at the same time. Amsterdam tend not to do en-route holding like London do, so they hold aircraft on the ground until such a time they'll be able to fly to Amsterdam with no en-route holding, saving fuel etc.etc.

The Palma would most likely to be caught out in one of 2 London Air Traffic control restrictions - one being Daventry southbound which is sat from Manchester and Oxford FL195+) and if the the inbound Oceanic tracks are northerly then traffic inbound the London area need to be integrated with aircraft from Scotland, NT,CC, GP, AA, AC etc. all wanting to leave the UK via the South coast.

The second restriction will more than likely be London Upper sector restriction as this is basically one great bit roundabout in the sky over London, where UK departures mix with transatlantics inbound to LFPG, EHAM, EBBR, Germany etc. so regulating the flow prevents overloads in that sector.

CDG will be more than likely a combination of either Daventry south bound restriction and like Amsterdam, arrival restrictions into Paris, preventing a flood of aircraft all turning up only to hold until their place in the queue.

Hope this helps :)

ash666
9th Jun 2010, 15:58
Topjet:
Thanks for such a comprehensive reply :ok:

Ops Guy
9th Jun 2010, 22:16
Topjet

I thought you only hung around the ATC forums these days!!!

;)

Topjet
10th Jun 2010, 21:00
Haha, no no I still read, I just can't really input not being 'in the know' anymore ;) How's the view? Might have to have a liaison visit in July :)

Jamesair
12th Jun 2010, 15:10
Just been looking at the Thamas Cook Charter timetable for summer 2011.

Two new destinations....Hurgada and Enfidha (Tunisia

Aircraft needed to fulfill the schedule looks like:-
Mon 4 a/c
Tues 5 a/c
Wed 3 a/c
Thurs 4 a/c
Fri 4 a/c
Sat 3 a/c
Sun 3 a/c

Anyone else noticed this or has any thoughts on it?

tcx00
12th Jun 2010, 16:16
Thats good news! Where abouts is the timetable?

SWBKCB
13th Jun 2010, 06:46
Think this is a bit optimistic - possibly includes some flights operated by other airlines for Thomas Cook Holidays? However, unless it's changed a lot from the list I've seen (hard copy at my sister's BBQ!), it looked like three departures most mornings, so maybe a three aircraft schedule (or a lot of 'W''s)?

Travel Agent
13th Jun 2010, 10:13
The Tunisia flight is to the new airport that both Thomas Cook and Thomson are using instead of Monastir from May next year

CentreFix25
13th Jun 2010, 14:14
Looks very impressive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iixtR2g_sNM)

Jamesair
13th Jun 2010, 16:43
SWBKCB

All the flights I used were TCX, I left the KM and LS flights out. This year there were a lot of changes to reach the final programme however they have had to add some flights back in. A case of over-pruning, I think.

neil_2008
13th Jun 2010, 19:40
I had the misfortune to use the new "15 mins free" pick up and collection area this evening for the first time. Could this have been any poorer signposted or any further away from the terminal building? With the clock on the ticket issuing machine being 6 mins slow and the 5-7 minute walk to the terminal this all made for a miserable customer experience.

Well done NCL, you are well on your way to reaching your goal of being the most unfriendly airport in the UK.

HH6702
14th Jun 2010, 01:30
I see that talks between Delta Airlines and Cardiff airport have ended without agreement. Cardiff airport was hoping that delta would start daily flights to New York.

Anybody know if delta have been talking to NCL also??
there was talk that the airport were talking to at least 2 US carriers about a link to new york over a year ago.

Sorry to state this route again just thought people may be intested at the statement from cardiff airport.

CentreFix25
14th Jun 2010, 06:16
I had the misfortune to use the new "15 mins free" pick up and collection area this evening for the first time. Could this have been any poorer signposted or any further away from the terminal building? With the clock on the ticket issuing machine being 6 mins slow and the 5-7 minute walk to the terminal this all made for a miserable customer experience.

I can't help but laugh at the car park between Samson and the Old Wings Bar, which now is always empty. I bet that the cost of the pay and display machine and the painting of the parking bays has not even been covered yet.

They are so desperate at generating income from any redicilous source that they are making themselves a laughing stock. What little money they used to get from me is now spent at Callerton parking and on the Metro.

skyman771
14th Jun 2010, 13:41
HH6702
Anybody know if delta have been talking to NCL also?? Please, please give this a rest!!!:ugh: Even EZY can't make a decent return:{

transwede
14th Jun 2010, 15:12
On a positive note though, Jet2 seem to be doing very well at NCL, with the prospect of more for next summer, as well as TUI/Thomas Cook figures looking pretty healthy....it does however show the seasonality of the leisure business through NCL, as winter programmes reduce significantly.

TUI will be once again running a series of cruise charters in the winter for the likes of P&O, Fred Olsen and Thomson Cruises.

neil_2008
14th Jun 2010, 16:31
Jet2 is doing well but look at the routes they serve. Both EZY (except STN/BRS/BFS) and Jet2 are now just bucket and spade competition for the holiday charters.

NCL seems to be slipping back to where we were 20 years ago, capitals served by the expensive flag carriers of those countries and the charter holiday traffic to the med. Lets face it, what you have to pay these days to fly with EZY or Jet2 out of NCL it can hardly be called cheap.

You just have to look at the prices to go the same places from EDI, LBA or MAN and you will see exactly what I mean.

tonker
14th Jun 2010, 17:40
The problem is i think Neil, with the economy back to an even worse state than 1979 there are very tough times ahead. The relatively expensive holidays which form the minority are set to become an even rarer bread for the time being.

Bucket and spades holidays typically hold up regardless, and at the end of the day if thats your market then you have to service it.

fl dutchman
14th Jun 2010, 21:38
I see that Jet2 are doing Murcia during this coming winter. Think its up to 30 Nov, then over the Christmas /New Year period, then from early Feb onwards. Not sure of the Frequency. So thats one of the Easyjet routes that was dropped taken over by another carrier. Whats the chances of someone moving onto the Stansted.

Jamesair
14th Jun 2010, 23:07
That's not quite fair....Murcia was a new destination introduced by Jet 2, EZY moved in on it when they saw how popular it was.

ACARS
15th Jun 2010, 10:00
Hello

For those interested in numbers - I have noticed as SLF that the morning to BRU and afternoon to NCL flights are doing very well on the Monday and Friday. Flights are almost full. No idea about midweek.

I heard that they are dropping the 15:30 from BRU - NCL in July - Is this true?

Jamesair
15th Jun 2010, 11:51
passenger traffic to Brussels in May was 3,326 up 96% on last May. Shows what a good move increasing the frequency was.

Kev 1
15th Jun 2010, 11:59
The SN2188/9 (Out 12:05 Rtn 16:00) is non-op for July & August, guess this has something to do with the school hols lowering demand.

Seem to remember when SN flew the route 4 times daily that it would drop down to 3 (or 2) during this period too, so nothing unusual in this move.

ash666
15th Jun 2010, 16:11
any particular reason for EZY poor performance over the last week or 2? Regularly delayed by a couple of hours+ and 2(at least) cancelled today.

richardhall99
15th Jun 2010, 17:54
Wow those BRU figures are pretty impressive...you think SN/BMI will upgrade the a/c soon?

Good to see a commuter route doing well!!

SWBKCB
15th Jun 2010, 20:51
passenger traffic to Brussels in May was 3,326 up 96% on last May. Shows what a good move increasing the frequency was.

or what a bad move reducing it in the first place was...

The old schedule didn't make sense for a lot of people, the current schedule/aircraft size is a lot better mix (agree that reduction in frequency on this type of service is normal over the summer - shouldn't be anything to worry about)

Jamesair
15th Jun 2010, 23:03
Too right about Brussels, its a route that needs frequency one flight a day is useless for business people. Thats why I hope Copenhagen gets back on track at 2 x daily soon.

Still hoping there might be mileage in that Lufthansa/BMI a/c basing rumour now that the first experiment seems to be working.

BAladdy
16th Jun 2010, 18:17
any particular reason for EZY poor performance over the last week or 2? Regularly delayed by a couple of hours+ and 2(at least) cancelled today.

There are alot of EZY delays and cancellations due to a system wide cabin crew shortage

easyJet A321
16th Jun 2010, 18:42
apparently according to other people on the forums its because of the French ATC strikes.

ncl2010
16th Jun 2010, 22:33
What planes do Jet2 have based at Newcastle for S10? And what one gets used for the Thursday Sharm flight?

Thanks, ncl2010 :ok:

GrahamK
17th Jun 2010, 06:42
ncl2010, 2 or 3 B737-300s and 2 x B757-200s.

Sharm El Sheikh will always be a 757 :ok:

ncl2010
17th Jun 2010, 08:07
Thanks GrahamK, does this mean that Newcastle is without a B75W? :sad:

ncl2010

Earlyriser
17th Jun 2010, 09:17
Jet2 have had a 75W based at NCL most of the summer so far! G-LSAE at the moment!

transwede
18th Jun 2010, 12:04
Is there a prospect or possibility of more new routes from Jet2 for S11 or will it remain as it is at 4 aircraft, a more steady, cautious approach as opposed to a dramatic increase year on year?

They seem to be doing ok, selling loco seat onlys to leisure/holiday destinations, as well as offering independant and major tour operators space on their flights. Maybe the likes of KGS, BJV, HRG, LCA, DBV, FAO and VCE would fit in with their NCL portfolio of leisure routes?

No PSA, ORK or SPU on sale yet...?

lagerlout
18th Jun 2010, 12:38
^^^^ AE - sporting a nice Newcastle Airport sticker now

Jamesair
18th Jun 2010, 17:21
ORK is late every year...usually last to appear in the timetable..summer and winter.

airhumberside
20th Jun 2010, 08:47
In some ways the Jet 2 schedule released so far is very much a default schedule to enable sales to start for next summer. There are only a few changes compared to this year. However after significant expansion this year, consolidation maybe a prudent approach

No doubt a lot will depend on what, if anything, changes with Easyjet at NCL. If Easyjet do end up cutting back then clearly that would present Jet 2 with a very good opportunity to expand at NCL. It is still early with regards to next summer so Jet 2 have time to wait and see what happens

ncleflights
20th Jun 2010, 20:45
airhumberside -with regard to your comment about any possible expansion from Jet2 been dependant on any changes with Easyjet at NCL. I believe that Easyjet formally advised/confirmed with the airport that from Oct 10 NCL would be a 3 aircraft base.

I know they are already talking to a couple of airlines about picking up STN route, cant tell you which these are but its not obviously Jet2

bluepilot
20th Jun 2010, 21:22
Jet2 is becoming more and mor a leisure airline as opposed to a no frills, and as so is moving away from the easy / ryanair model. Point to point city or domestic routes are unlikely to appeal to Jet2 in the future, I would not be surprised to see long haul holiday destinations added for next year. Jet2 holidays are apparently doing very well!

ash666
21st Jun 2010, 06:30
This has nothing to do with Newcastle, just thought I'd share. It's a KLM ad at Manchester airport.

YouTube - KLM Economy Comfort Product with Ramana at Manchester Airport T2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6NPF0A_vGC4)

airhumberside
21st Jun 2010, 09:45
Jet2 is becoming more and mor a leisure airline as opposed to a no frills, and as so is moving away from the easy / ryanair model. Point to point city or domestic routes are unlikely to appeal to Jet2 in the future,
While in general that is true, Jet 2 have started MAN-Prague this summer, are making LBA-FCO year round and increasing MAN-BUD/FCO frequencies. So expansion of 'city' routes is always possible

Jamesair
21st Jun 2010, 10:35
At first glance Flybe would be the natural choice of airline to take up the STN route but they could end up competing with themselves on NCL - GTW. The other operator that springs to mind is Ryanair with its STN base.

transwede
21st Jun 2010, 13:35
NCL-STN, surely the logical guess would be Air Berlin?

Wellington Bomber
21st Jun 2010, 15:35
Eastern used to operate to Stansted from Manchester and also London City from Newcastle.

What do you think?

Jamesair
21st Jun 2010, 16:53
I purposely left T3 out because I wasn't sure of the business/leisure traffic mix...but if its mainly business it could work...minimum of 2 x daily...Saab or one their (new)...135's

neil_2008
21st Jun 2010, 18:32
Would be very surprised if T3 entertain STN, I used to fly their LCY route on business and it was hugely expensive (£350+ return). STN is typically used for either connections to cheap flights elsewhere or as a cheaper means of getting to London. Now working with EZY prices at around £50 return with the £30 on top for the Stansted express that just about competes with the LHR and LGW offerings.

So, if T3 come in with their £100+ offering to STN I cant see it being viable in the long term. Especially when you have cheaper means of getting to the same place from other carriers. If FR don't step in then it may be a total loss?

ncleflights
21st Jun 2010, 21:03
NCL - STN - While I cant comment on either of the other 2 airlines mentioned I can confirm that FR is not one of the airlines in discussion with the airport, at present anyway. I think its well recognised by the industry that FR aircraft are too large for this potential market. I believe that the airlines looking at this route are aiming for the business community north of London and not the low cost market. This is an area that is poorly served by rail for those hoping to travel down in the morning and get back in the evening, rail at present means travelling into London and back out.

I also understand that an extremely strong possibilty of a connection to Frankfurt at the end of next year when Frankfurt expansion creates additional slots. I do know discussions are quite advanced on this one so here is hoping.

apaul
21st Jun 2010, 21:26
You can get to Stansted by rail without having to go via London. Air Berlin to Stansted is a non-starter as they have cut back at the airport including dropping all the feeder flights from Glasgow and Belfast.

ncleflights
21st Jun 2010, 22:38
apaul - yes you can but depending on how you hit your connections it can take much longer than going in and out of London

Jamesair
21st Jun 2010, 22:47
Apart from T3 the only other airline I can come up with would be BMI Regional (Lufthansa) which would link in with the operation of a FRA route.

transwede
22nd Jun 2010, 18:08
FRA has got to be in conjunction with Lufthy, possibly operated by BMI regional, afterall aircraft is possibly just the right size for regional to hub route, but STN?? If AB aren't interested, FR has too much capacity and BE would jeopardise LGW who could it be?

ncleflights
I do know discussions are quite advanced on this one so here is hoping.
wonder if the powers that be are in discussion about anything else?

andrewmcharlton
22nd Jun 2010, 21:05
Without going through London which way are you suggesting getting to STN by train? Its a poor routing and very expensive.

Mark23
22nd Jun 2010, 21:40
how about flybe to southend?

apaul
23rd Jun 2010, 08:00
Getting from Newcastle to Stansted by rail changing at Peterborough and avoiding London takes 4hrs plus or minus 15 mins depending on the connection. So if you are going to Stansted to fly on from there the plane is much quicker. But if you were wanting to do a journey from the centre of Newcastle to Cambridge there's little or no time to be saved by flying via Stansted. As for price there are plenty of cheap rail seats on the East Coast at present. If you book far enough in advance you can get from Newcastle to Stansted for £16 single, and there are a lot of options for around £60 return. By contrast cheap seats on the Cross Country rail service are like gold dust. So it doesn't surprise me that Easyjet seem happier with the route to Bristol than to Stansted.

fl dutchman
23rd Jun 2010, 21:43
ncleflights

You mentioned formal notificaion from Easyjet to Newcastle Airport re a 3 aircraft base from Oct 2011. Does this mean also for summer 2011 ?.

Sam Chipperfield
25th Jun 2010, 12:23
Noticed this flight today on departures board

DTR494 14:00 AMSTERDAM

it is Danish Air Transport ATR-72 OY-RUB

Does anybody know what it was doing here?

Trinity 09L
25th Jun 2010, 21:20
P&O are offering a cruise with a flight starting ex Newcastle to Acapulco, Dec 2010. I assume this is requires a tech stop in the US. Any knowledge of previous flights on this route with airline & aircraft type used.:ok:

skhwoody
25th Jun 2010, 21:26
5 to 7 minutes...... what did you do fairy steps backward to the terminal.....while wearing a blindfold ?

ncleflights
25th Jun 2010, 22:09
fl dutchman - the reduction to 3 based aircraft from ezy is at the moment only for the winter. I believe negotiations are ongoing fot s11 I think a massive reduction in the ezy operation is on the cards with possibly only 4 based aircraft.

On a better note the airport is I understand from both a senior and reliable source in discussions with airlines interested in restarting both the Berlin and Prague routes. Both are expected to start in S11. I understand that Prague will be as usual a loco operation aimed at the leisure market and Berlin aimed at Business pax, apparently an analysis of the Berlin route when ezy operated showed a large proportion of business pax used the route. So hopefully two city routes back for S11. Looks like NCL may get decent services to Germany with planned new routes to Berlin and Frankfurt.

transwede
26th Jun 2010, 08:13
P&O generally have a contract with Thomson Airways for their regional cruises flying, so would imagine it will be operated by 767-300 and yes definately with a tech stop!

fl dutchman
26th Jun 2010, 09:15
nclflights,

Yes that would not be a surpprise. Think they could drop Rome and Nice at least, as well as Stansted and Malta already dropped making it 4 aircraft at best. Assuming of course no new routes.

richardhall99
26th Jun 2010, 09:23
With EZY pulling off the STN and no obvious contender to stand in on the route...could we see FLYBE increasing capacity on the LGW route from the dash to something bigger...pax wont have much option left once STN goes and LHR getting cut backs from BA.

Interesting points on the Berlin route...guess this would have to be Lufthansa if targetting the business market, surely they would be expecting a twice daily service at least...other option again would be FLYBE.

fl dutchman
26th Jun 2010, 10:37
richardhall99.

Cant see any cutbacks from NCL-LHR. Schedule still up to 6 daily showing for current booking period ie to June 2011.

andrewmcharlton
26th Jun 2010, 10:46
is STN definately off altogether?

Deep and fast
26th Jun 2010, 10:58
bmi regional should pick up the Stansted if nobody else does.

D and F :8

ncleflights
26th Jun 2010, 21:26
yes for winter 10 STN has gone, hopefully back with a new operator for S11

GrahamK
27th Jun 2010, 08:09
I wonder whether we could see Ryanair start up Malta now that they have a base there, 2 x weekly similar to easyJet?

globetrotter79
28th Jun 2010, 10:41
NCL-STN...yes, surely most likely backfill is Eastern?

spaceman18
28th Jun 2010, 12:23
Some credible rumours circulating that TCX are looking at 4 aircraft next summer. :ok:
I imagine this has come through some sort of deal with the airport to keep the passengers coming through the airport.

transwede
28th Jun 2010, 18:35
Could this mean overkill on bucket and spade routes? Is the economy really recovering that well?

GrahamK
28th Jun 2010, 19:39
BA putting a 747 on the midday rotation as part of the celebrations, in at the same time as the EK 777, that should be interesting :ok:

CentreFix25
28th Jun 2010, 20:01
I should imagine the EK777 will be on the pier with BA lump on the remote stands.

With regard to the TCX extra aircraft, I'd sooner have it for a season and lose it than not have it at all.

BAladdy
30th Jun 2010, 18:42
BA putting a 747 on the midday rotation as part of the celebrations, in at the same time as the EK 777, that should be interesting

Just booked a ticket on BA's website to fly to London on the 744 a good deal at just £30.

NCL-STN, surely the logical guess would be Air Berlin?
I know they are already talking to a couple of airlines about picking up STN route,

It's not to STN, but I had heard from a mate who flies for BACF that they have been loooking to open a new 3 x daily E170 flight from LCY to a UK domestic destanation. The three possible destanations that are being looked at are ABZ, LPL and NCL.

On the subject of BACF.

BACF will be operating a Saturday charter flight from NCL to IBZ during Summer 2011.
MyTravel | Holidays, flights, city breaks, car hire, and all other holiday essentials (http://www.mytravel.com/holidays/customise.jsp?_requestid=158614)
The aircraft will be operate EDI/IBZ/NCL/IBZ/EDI. With flights planned to arrive in NCL at 12:50 and depart again at 14:00. The flights will be operated by a 98 seater E190SR.

ReadyToGo
30th Jun 2010, 19:28
BAladdy...
The rumour about LCY-NCL is interesting actually.

I heard a rumour about a year ago that Eastern were looking at doing LCY-NCL for 2010. I was told (from a source who has no reason to lie) that the service would be 2x daily, and "partly subsidised" by the promise of regular passengers from a major multi-national company. The deal (or so I am told) fell through largely as the recession hit home, but also that a BA subsidiary had begun looking at LCY-NCL as a possible 3x daily rotation. The company that had approached Eastern, already had a large corporate contract with BA, and T3 didn't fancy running the risk of the deal falling through. I believe T3 have operated LCY-NCL before?

The corporate client was heavily hinted at being Corus.

I have no idea how true it was, or how close it came to fruition, but the man who told me would have little or no reason to make it up...

RTG!

P330
1st Jul 2010, 11:33
I semi frequently use the AF flights out of NCL and note that on a forthcoming flight I am supposed to be on an E145 operated by Britair (first flight out; last in). Now after using Britair many times, I only believed they operated CRJs and F100s. Is my schedule wrong? What currently operates flight 5850 out on a morning?

GrahamK
1st Jul 2010, 12:28
It is indeed an ER4, but I was under the impression that it was operated by Regional, rather than Brit Air?

nclops
1st Jul 2010, 14:28
It is operated by regional (aircraft and crew) but still flys under a britair callsign.

transwede
1st Jul 2010, 17:40
Could be a money maker, espcially if it is in conjunction with a large corporate customer. LCY is primarily business orientated, but would it not detract business (LON bound) away from LHR? Must admit never saw this one coming, if it materialises!:confused:

ACARS
2nd Jul 2010, 20:04
What are people's plans for viewing on the 26th July? Seems the airport is not providing any suitable viewing area.

I am thinking of heading SW towards Black Calleton to catch the take off's assuming 25 is in use. I think there is some elevated ground in that area. I remember seeing some photo's on fightercontrol.co.uk from the airshow last year. Seems a good spot. I think the road near 25 threshold offers a limited view nowadays.

CabinCrewe
2nd Jul 2010, 21:22
Are locals genuinely "excited" about the prospect of an EK 773 and BA 747 ? Red Arrows, A380 flypasts etc maybe....

skyman771
3rd Jul 2010, 13:54
CabinCrewe
Are locals genuinely "excited" about the prospect of an EK 773 and BA 747 ? Red Arrows, A380 flypasts etc maybe....
I have to presume that is only the "Reggies":8 that are getting really worked up about this. It's a PR based thing for NCL & also an opportunity for NCL & the airlines who will no doubt both have their marketing machines locked in overdrive.
Gone are the days when the airport can make a big thing by inviting public attendance, as ironically there would be no where for a volume public attendees to view any visitors. It is also a Monday & basically "Joe Public" doesn't get worked up about the odd 777 / 747 that visit / divert in on an irregular basis. Incidentally there is even the chance that the EK 777 & the BA747 could both theoretically have visited NCL previously.
As for Red arrows, then the reaction at NCL would be no different from anywhere else, though perhaps slightly more indifferent as they are fairly regular visitors in any event.
Now if someone wants to fly a 380 (of which I have not heard anything at all) at c. 200ft down the runway then I really can't even see that stirring up a great deal of interest to the average inhabitant of Tyneside, though I'm sure that from a suitable angle it would provide a great publicity shot.

oldart
5th Jul 2010, 09:17
Two TCX flights have diverted from NCL today, one to Gatwick and another to Glasgow. Does anyone know the reason for this? Seems a long way to bus passengers.

sunshine79
5th Jul 2010, 09:26
We've had a lot of a/c go tech over the weekend. The RHO flight went tech downroute and we had to fly an engineer over to fix the aircraft. The LCA is being subbed by Titan Airways B763. The programme is a bit of a mess this weekend, all a/c and schedules have been shuffled round left, right and centre, so I would imagine the a/c used on those fligths were from those bases.

oldart
5th Jul 2010, 09:32
Sunshine79
Thanks for the info. I can understand the problems ref a/c going tech, how can TCX justify flying past NCL to Glasgow and then bussing 235 passengers back to NCL? I believe the usual excuse is that the crew are out of hours.

sunshine79
5th Jul 2010, 14:06
This is normally where the a/c is based, therefore the reason they will not fly to NCL.

spaceman18
5th Jul 2010, 16:38
It was a GLA plane that was needed in GLA, after being robbed from them last night to do the ZTH. Dropping through NCL would have further delayed the next rotation out of GLA, and apart from that 3 sectors after reporting at 1am would involve discretion.

It comes down to minimising delays, fleetwide. It is a big inconvenience for the pax however.

bravoromeosierra
5th Jul 2010, 17:53
I'm going to be arriving into NCL on the first easyJet flight of the day from BRS on the 26th July, to catch the BA 744 back to LHR. Will there be anything to see during my 4 hour stop over, relating to the event?

EGNT
5th Jul 2010, 20:00
It'll be the day after the Sunderland airshow - the aircraft will more than likely still be on the ground, departing Mon AM. It will probably involve a taxi journey if you want to actually see anything, though.

ConstantFlyer
5th Jul 2010, 22:17
b_r_s_

You could just stay airside. When you get off the BRS flight, turn right instead of left and go down to the gate at the end of the pier. Quite good views from there. If you've already checked in for your LHR flight online, you can probably stay airside till you leave. Bring some sandwiches.

ACARS
6th Jul 2010, 05:51
BRS

I echo the last words. Don't go outside the terminal. Viewing is very limited. Your best bet would be to arrive as normal and then go back through departures armed with your new boarding pass. The terminal is split into two sides although it's only one building. You can get very nice views of both the international/domestic gates plus the external stands out at Alpha.

boeing boeing.. gone
6th Jul 2010, 15:36
whats dates are BA running the 747 to newcastle????:eek:

Britannia
6th Jul 2010, 16:03
26th July :ugh:

spoilers yellow
7th Jul 2010, 10:11
BA 1326 LHR - NCL

BA 1327 NCL -LHR

should sit on the ground at NCL for around 1.20.:ok:

hay00c2
8th Jul 2010, 07:07
Hi all,

Moving back out to Sydney next month and was wondering what the load levels are like this time of year to Dubai with Emirates from NCL?

Thank you

tonker
8th Jul 2010, 08:29
Good luck and you lucky b**gger:ok:

Sam Chipperfield
8th Jul 2010, 09:55
So, anybody know what other aircraft the airlines gonna use for the Anniversary?

GrahamK
8th Jul 2010, 10:14
hay00c2, loads for the last 2 months have averaged at about 74%. The highest average loads that the route has seen was in February or March of this year, when it reached 86%.

GrahamK
8th Jul 2010, 10:56
I see that Tommy Cook are offering a one off departure to Banjul next April, 7 nights holiday. Flight using a 767.

They also seem to be changing their flight numbering as well?

hay00c2
8th Jul 2010, 11:00
hay00c2, loads for the last 2 months have averaged at about 74%. The highest average loads that the route has seen was in February or March of this year, when it reached 86%.

Thank you for that. So should be a little room on the flight then.

Can't wait.

transwede
8th Jul 2010, 17:43
Could the TCX BJL service be a bit of a 'test the water' scenario, though I suspect it is some kind of charter for possibly travel agents??

Reading the travel press, it seems the Cape Verde islands are undergoing major expansion by UK tour operators. TUI is increasing capacity for next yesr by adding GLA as a departure point and independant operators are adding BRS/EMA, could NCL sustain a charter there in future, is it on the radar of TUI etc?

CentreFix25
8th Jul 2010, 21:08
Good news for NCL regarding Jet 2 new routes, the future seems to be more red than orange.

New (Jet 2) routes seem to be...

Alicante
Faro
Krakow
Prague
Toulouse

according to the Jet 2 thread.

GrahamK
8th Jul 2010, 21:35
Good news with the new Jet2 routes...probably the friendliest airline I've flown with.

Jamesair
8th Jul 2010, 23:36
Jet 2

good news, it looks like:-
Alicante 1/3/5/6
Faro 4/6/7
Krakow 1/5
Toulouse 7
with Monastir increased to 2 x weekly

Odd one out is Prague which starts in November 2010 5/7 then increases to 3 weekly in December.....no flights scheduled yet after the end of December.

Looks like another a/c will be needed.

GrahamK
9th Jul 2010, 08:05
Prague is 2 weekly through Jan, Feb and March and increases to 3 x weekly for the summer season.

Cork now on sale for summer as well, 2 x weekly, although Split is still unavailable (dropped?).

transwede
9th Jul 2010, 08:47
PRG has been a miss in the network since EZY dropped the route - popular for short breaks, stag/hen parties etc. The reduced frequency should serve the market better.

ALC is a popular one for NE holiaymakers, many people have second homes and with the uncertainty over EZY at NCL, a sure fire winner for LS.

FAO - head to head with EZY?

KRK - did LS not previously serve the route and drop it due to unsatisfactory loads?

TLS - didnt see that one coming!

MIR - once a week obviously proved popular, lets not forget though that LS do a clever thing and sell seats to tour operators.

Did think BJV/VCE and possibly some other destinations would feature!

GrahamK
9th Jul 2010, 08:56
Krakow was dropped when easyJet jumped onto the route as well...

Kev 1
9th Jul 2010, 09:04
KRK was served by LS (same frequency - Mon & Fri) using a B752 for a time (2006/7 I believe), but then EZY came onto the route and LS backed off, which was then shortly followed by EZY cancelling the route too.

ALC & FAO tie in very nicely with the rumour that EZY will stick with 3 aircraft for Summer 2011 (down from 5 in 2010), so LS will be testing the resolve of EZY to hang onto these routes, given that they will have to make certain cuts to fit everything in to the reduced programme.

So it seems like LS will be back to the aircraft levels they had based in Summer 2007 (2 x B752, 3 x B733) although the utilisation of the aircraft will be higher in Summer 2011 than it was back in 2007.

Aegean Flights/H4U seem to have a very much expanded programme for Summer 2011 from NCL, with Onur Air flights to DLM 5 x per week, BJV 3 x per week and a Sky Airlines AYT 1 x per week planned so far (peak season). Add to this the extra AYT & HRG for TCX and (hopefully) the void created by EZY should be well on the way to being filled.

On top of this there are also the persistent rumours of someone picking up the STN route vacated by EZY aswell as the possibility of a new link to Germany (BER/FRA) coming next year. I would also maybe expect somone (possibly LS/RYR) to seriously consider taking up the MLA route left by EZY too.

Kev

andrewmcharlton
9th Jul 2010, 09:10
Spotted an AH64 arriving in last night and notice MOD now confirms air assistance being provided to the constabulary....anyone spotted any other interesting movements?

fl dutchman
9th Jul 2010, 09:45
Pisa also on sale for summer 2011. Wonder what Easyjet will do next summer. Will they bring back aircraft or stick with 3, or something else?. They seem to have little interest in NCL now. It must be the smallest base they have.
I note Easyjet are starting Belfast to Malta when the NCL route ends, any possible financial deal ending on the NCL route and starting on the BFS route ??.

Good news re JET 2.

transwede
9th Jul 2010, 09:46
Seems that a 6th aircraft could even be required as browsing through their schedules, days 4/5/7 require more aircraft. Could more routes be announced in the coming weeks?

Other points to note:

MAH up to 2 flights per week
AGP increased by 1 extra flight
IBZ increased by 1 extra flight

On the note of OHY charters, there appears to be 4 BJV and 5 DLM charters onbehalf of Holidays4U, that seems like alot!

Jamesair
9th Jul 2010, 16:55
The news item on the airport website states that Jet 2 will be basing an additional 737 giving a total of 5 aircraft with additional frequencies on some of the existing routes.

Jamesair
10th Jul 2010, 16:57
I notice tomorrow there is an arrival from the Faroe Islands...RC7900 1305...anyone know what this would be?...shopping charter?

IainB
11th Jul 2010, 17:58
Looking for a bit of discount.

ash666
11th Jul 2010, 18:13
either TRAIN or TRAINS used to work.

ncleflights
11th Jul 2010, 18:53
Krakow back with Jet2 was a welcome suprise as a said a couple of weeks ago Prague was coming back with another low cost carrier.

I certainly think the new German routes to FRA and BER are certain to be announced in the next few weeks. However the possibility of STN now looks less likley to happen.

I have also been informed by the same source that told me about Prague that Monarch scheduled are to announce 5 (i think) routes from Newcastle Teneriffe is one I believe I am not sure at present of the others.

Except for EZY lack of interest things may be beginning to look up!!

spaceman18
11th Jul 2010, 20:01
Ive heard Luxor with TCX next summer, and 4 aircraft is now a certainty.

transwede
12th Jul 2010, 08:18
I have also been informed by the same source that told me about Prague that Monarch scheduled are to announce 5 (i think) routes from Newcastle Teneriffe is one I believe I am not sure at present of the others.

That is a surprise, lots of competition for them in the likes of the charters and LS, but who knows it could work? Does this mean ZB setting up a full on base at NCL, with crew & a/c based or just W patterns?

Ive heard Luxor with TCX next summer, and 4 aircraft is now a certainty.

LXR was tried by TUI a few years back and the load factors were not good to say the least, has something in this market changed (the Euro perhaps?). If a 4th aircraft is to be based, what else could be introduced or is it just frequency increases on existing routes? Good news for their handloing agent if it is...:}

transwede
12th Jul 2010, 08:26
Having just had a peak at Monarch's website, the following routes are listed when NCL is selected as a departure point, though I suspect this is what is currently offered by AVRO (the charetr flight only side of the business?)

Corfu
Dalaman
Heraklion
Rhodes
Palma
Tenerife

stuart-travel
12th Jul 2010, 08:34
avro sell seats for JET2 so check the flights thy may be on JET2 flights and not with MONARCH.

regards
stuart

Jamesair
12th Jul 2010, 10:07
It says they are all Jet2 flights......Newcastle is one of airports listed in light print on their website. Airports they operate from are in heavy print.

I'm interested to see if Eastern come up with anything new for next year and, of course, Lufthansa/BMI and will anyone take up Malta?

DL93
12th Jul 2010, 14:10
Self handling on the cards??
I think its going to be something jet2 will think about long and hard

deltahotel9
12th Jul 2010, 14:30
The current discount code is HORIZONS but as always only valid for the on site long stay car park.

transwede
12th Jul 2010, 17:24
....I would say a very distinct possibility!!!

nef
12th Jul 2010, 20:12
Krakow back with Jet2 was a welcome suprise as a said a couple of weeks ago Prague was coming back with another low cost carrier.

So given that Jet2 have got in there first for PRG now, what other loco was originally planning PRG?:)

CentreFix25
12th Jul 2010, 20:55
nef, I think that post could have been read in two ways. This is how I read it...

Krakow back with Jet2 was a welcome suprise as a said a couple of weeks ago Prague was coming back with a different low cost carrier.

Different - Jet2 as opposed to Easyjet last time round.

JKKne
14th Jul 2010, 16:07
Excellent news re- Jet2

I'd love them to take on the Barca service, getting at my wits end with Easyjet these days. Using AF/KLM and BA to get between work and home in Barca.

Speaking of BA. Corker of a delay on the BA1333, due out 13.40 and not going unti l9.00 (it'd be quicker to catch the east coast express!)

ReadyToGo
14th Jul 2010, 18:34
BA's delay is impressive, but not by any means the only 'corker' today.

Dropped a friend and his wife off for the EZY flight to Palma, and noticed a provisional 15:00 departure for a Belfast departure that should have left at 07:30!!!

More crewing trouble?

RTG!

ACARS
14th Jul 2010, 20:39
The BA flight from 13:40 is currently LAST CALL 8hrs later than planned!

DL93
14th Jul 2010, 21:37
BA1333 is still there?!
whats the dly due to?

Earlyriser
14th Jul 2010, 21:40
1333 went tech!

ncleflights
14th Jul 2010, 21:59
Just to clarify my earlier post the different low cost carrier I referred to was Jet2 as opposed to EZY who operated the route previously.

Now to the Monarch rumour I heard the routes are not the ones shaded grey on the Monarch website as these are as previously mentioned the AVRO seat sale routes. As I understand Monarch are looking for a base from Summer 2012, routes as looked at are Teneriffe, Barcelona, Malaga, Palma and Alicante. Could the airport be looking to replace a lost EZY base in summer 2012 as I cant see both EZY and ZB operating NCL to BCN for example. However as were talking about 2012 lots of things can change.

I also believe that FR have considered, discussed and ruled out with the airport the possibility of picking up the now vacated STN route

GrahamK
15th Jul 2010, 07:55
I just wonder whether FR will move their Girona flights to El Prat in the future, and maybe go year round at 3/4 weekly

GrahamK
15th Jul 2010, 09:59
Dubai pax figs up 16% for June, average load factor (assuming HD A332 used on all flights) of 75.5%.

CabinCrewe
15th Jul 2010, 10:12
Wonder how that load factor compares to other UK stations? I know MAN have had ridiculously high load factors

GrahamK
15th Jul 2010, 11:04
Glasgow was 89%, MAN was mid 90s I believe, dunno BHX or London Airports

cjags
15th Jul 2010, 14:53
Dropped a friend and his wife off for the EZY flight to Palma, and noticed a provisional 15:00 departure for a Belfast departure that should have left at 07:30!!!

More crewing trouble?

The a/c departed for BFS as scheduled but had to return shortly after takeoff due to a technical problem. A 6th a/c was on the ground last night instead of the usual 5, so I'm guessing they brought it in from somewhere else instead of cancelling the flight altogether.

CabinCrewe
15th Jul 2010, 15:34
There were lots of diversions from BFS last night presumably due to the weather (thunderstorms)

DOOBIE
15th Jul 2010, 16:03
Close cjags.
The a/c on the morning Belfast returned to Newcastle due to weather. This a/c then continued its planned flights and a spare a/c was ferried in from Luton to operate the Newcastle-Belfast and some other weather affected Belfast flights.

OltonPete
15th Jul 2010, 19:07
CabinCrewe

BHX was 77% in June, which although lower than MAN & GLA was still over 5000 up on 2009 and this included several upgrades to the evening service.
Load factor would have been about 80% based on the expected aircraft.

Pete

ReadyToGo
15th Jul 2010, 21:57
Any truth in a whisper I have heard about industrial action coming soon? I have heard (third hand - so not taking too serious) that ballots are to take place among some ground staff in the next few weeks.

RTG!

YoungJerry
16th Jul 2010, 02:03
I notice tomorrow there is an arrival from the Faroe Islands...RC7900 1305...anyone know what this would be?...shopping charter?

Newcastle Reserves played Faroe Islands under 19s on the 14th, so it could've been them. (2-1 to Faroe Islands if you were wondering)

Jamesair
16th Jul 2010, 08:23
Thanks for the info YoungJerry.

DL93
16th Jul 2010, 09:18
gate aviation strike in the coming week/weekends?
has any one got any info?????:rolleyes:

GAXLN
16th Jul 2010, 12:57
GrahamK - there were a lot of Low Density A330's during June as the HD type had a greater maintenance requirement so actual seat factors were much higher. I believe twenty-one of the thirty flights were unfortunately using LD A330's which then gives an 84% seat factor.

Jamesair
16th Jul 2010, 23:47
GOLDTRAIL have gone into Administration (Friday)....several weekly flights to Turkey from NCL....OHY/SGY etc will be affected by it.

ReadyToGo
17th Jul 2010, 20:38
DL93.
I dont have any info as such, but had heard rumours that there were to be ballots among ground staff at NCL. Then I have read today that unite are ballotting staff at BAA airports. Maybe a connection there? Maybe more ballots at other non-BAA airports. A nationwide airport strike would be a killer, just look how the country coped with the ash clouds.

Would be a major test for the government if this was the case. I cant imagine they'd be happy to see unite get too much influence.

Probably just hot air and rumour though. At least I hope so. My holidays are coming up fast!

RTG!

DL93
18th Jul 2010, 02:54
:Dvery very good info tells me strikes are taking place very soon
2 * 2 day walk outs!
watch this space....

ash666
18th Jul 2010, 06:04
Let's hope someone can do a Willie Walsh on them. Do they have any perks to take away?

SWBKCB
18th Jul 2010, 11:10
Whose striking? Has a ballot taken place?? or been planned???

Do they have any perks to take away?

Ha, Ha! Long time ago at an airport far away I used to get time off between shifts - does that count??

ash666
18th Jul 2010, 11:40
what, between EVERY shift?

SWBKCB
18th Jul 2010, 12:18
Yes - we used to get to go home between every shift - sometimes for more than 8 hours (23.00 finish followed by a 07.00 start was a regular feature of our shift pattern).

ash666
18th Jul 2010, 12:30
The obvious solution is to give you 24 hr shifts every day then you wouldn't have to wonder about whether to go home or not.

DL93
19th Jul 2010, 03:07
Ballot's taken place
well over 90% agreed for strike action
first planned 2 day strike is sat and sunday coming

ash666
19th Jul 2010, 06:34
what is the grievance?

I see the KLM mid-morning flight is delayed, yet again.Now that China Airlines have p'd me off I can finally ditch that God-awful airline and use a flight out of LHR. No more NCL-AMS with KLM, hurrah!

JKKne
19th Jul 2010, 10:08
Who is striking and why?

Is it Swissport or Gate etc?

Delta 8
19th Jul 2010, 11:59
Great news about Jet 2 expansion.

ReadyToGo
19th Jul 2010, 13:42
Gate Aviation are going on strike it would seem.

They provide catering and ramp services to Easyjet, and Eastern Airways (any others?). No idea what the grievance is, but 90% of a companies workforce not turning up to work is going to cause all kinds of delays and issues. Lets hope a resolution can be found before the weekend. Strikes benefit no-one and when the industry and economy is in this kind of state, its a very bad sign. Must be something quite serious.

Is Unite involved here?

RTG!

deltahotel9
19th Jul 2010, 15:16
And timed to cause the maximum disruption at the start of the school holidays just when we need it least after everything else that has caused problems this year; thanks guys :(

ash666
19th Jul 2010, 15:20
go on strike, pax get fed up and use another airport or travel less, downturn for the airport, job losses.
What is it about this chain of event they don't understand???

BFS101
19th Jul 2010, 16:38
well over 90% agreed for strike action
first planned 2 day strike is sat and sunday coming
Has this been confirmed? I ask, as I'm flying EZY from Belfast Saturday morning and home again Sunday night (well hopefully) for a quick trip to visit friends. As it's such a short trip, any delay / cancellation would really eat into my time in the toon.

Would EZY have contingency plans for their NCL operation over the weekend, obviously not just for my flight but everyone affected?? Bad state of affairs with this threat of industrial action hanging over transport at the minute. Where's Maggie??

rottensock
21st Jul 2010, 16:38
where is Maggi?
your not worth a reply:=

Jamesair
21st Jul 2010, 17:28
There must be a better way of negotiating than making the blameless travelling public suffer everytime. i.e. the ever continuing farce at BA resulting in a worse offer everytime.

Maybe there needs to be compulsory arbitration with a time limit to reach a binding agreement.

easydan319
22nd Jul 2010, 10:35
easyJet have now put Newcastle - Malta on sale for winter 2010/11

Tuesdays 11:00 - 15:35/16:10 - 19:00
Saturdays 14:30 - 19:05/19:40 - 22:30

EZY6497/8 Flight numbers.

GeorgEGNT
22nd Jul 2010, 11:31
Anyone have any idea how easyJet are going to be dealing with the alleged industrial action over the weekend? Surely with only 10% of the workforce turning up even a basic service will be difficult?

Due in on sunday, at least I can plan for what seems an inevitable delay.

DL93
22nd Jul 2010, 13:02
Pending strikes are going to be canx

Due to the horrible news delivered to Gate aviation staff today .....:mad:'s

CentreFix25
22nd Jul 2010, 13:41
I assume your not allowed to share the news, or it's not appropriate to share on a public forum?

Jamesair
22nd Jul 2010, 13:50
only three possibilities I should think....1. an improved offer 2. challenge in the courts and 3. everyone fired.

Good news that Malta is back for the winter.....but no news on who might be interested in STN but may give BA an opening for LCY

bigdogs
22nd Jul 2010, 16:25
How do you know strikes are off? Has it been officially announced??

DL93
22nd Jul 2010, 16:32
strikes are off.
they wouldnt do anything given the news just been given out
its not possible to publish on here just yet, I wouldnt like to find out the news via a rumor site

CentreFix25
22nd Jul 2010, 16:56
Well it is a rumour network, so here's mine...

I can only think of two possibilities.

1) Gate lost the Easyjet contract to someone else.

2) Easyjet told Gate that the base is to close, therefore lost contract.

DL93
22nd Jul 2010, 17:18
your good! :D

bit of both, gate is pulling out, offered to handle EZY till the contract ends in feb. EZY were not happy so asked for gate to hand in there 90 days notice to enable the handling contract to be put out to tender, hence why the strike action is canx.

Also because of this the NM and T3 contracts are up for tender

Some one is going to get a lot more work.... my money is on Serivisair!!

Good news with the MLA being returned, a sign of more from easyjet shame gate isnt going to benifit