PDA

View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Falcon900LX
15th Oct 2015, 19:48
Any idea of the fares down to AGP, it could all get a little competitive at NCL...

EK77WNCL
16th Oct 2015, 14:41
Somewhere new please???? Valencia? Seville?

ash666
16th Oct 2015, 14:48
Seville?
Yes please, but I can't see it happening.

SWBKCB
16th Oct 2015, 14:55
Jet2 have tried Valencia - started Summer 2007.

Vueling Christmas flights have also been officially announced - presumably the prices are now a little more realistic?

HH6702
16th Oct 2015, 21:33
Yes Jet2 did try Valencia and others before they were pulled.

Think these were pulled as Jet2 moved toward the package holiday routes.
Many city break routes were tried also before easyjet moved onto the route and then both airlines dropped the route.

Lets hope Ryanair do pick up some of these routes in the years ahead but the model of ryanair is very different from jet2.

I remember Jet2 stating that they were pulling aircraft from both LBA and MAN when Ryanair were let in however that hasnt happen if anything more aircraft have been based.

Has anyone worked out the Jet2 summer programe with 7 based planes??
is there room for any more flights or new routes??

chris1001
17th Oct 2015, 08:47
Great news ref. Ryanair to Malaga. EasyJet and Jet2 have shafted most pax on this route this summer. Average return trip often in excess of £350 even into September and flights left within minutes of each other most days whereas it would make far more sense to have one morning and one evening flight.

Because of this, I used Ryanair LBA - AGP flight a couple of times and no problems. In my view, EasyJet didn't do themselves any favours either by dropping Sunday service.

EK77WNCL
17th Oct 2015, 18:04
I see a lot of benefits to Ryanair service from Newcastle (on a sustainable basis)

They offer more, higher frequency, cheaper flights (ALC already up to 5 weekly and AGP starting at 4). To places like ALC, AGP and maybe PMI, FAO, TFS down the line it's definitely a good thing. It could work out as it might shake up LS/EZY and cause prices to fall. We might lose a few flights from them but that might be positive as well. i.e if EZY swapped x2 AGP flights for x2 flights to somewhere like Marrakech I'd see that as a definite positive. Ryanair also have a lot of potential to create growth, perhaps if they were to start flying somewhere like Marrakech, Warsaw, Riga etc.

However, what I would urge NCL to do, if I could, is to keep them away from areas they could cause damage, routes like Rome, Krakow, Prague, Pisa where Jet2 is established and FR could just completely blow them out of the water on. Also some holiday routes as TOM/TCX could be very vulnerable to loss of market share by FR. I could see bad things happening if FR were to start routes like Fuerteventura, Corfu, Rhodes, Kos etc. Quite big markets but ones where incumbents could easily lose out.

My wishlist for the near future off the top of my head would be Valencia, Madrid and Tenerife, maybe Chania and Lanzarote and then maybe Lisbon

I see that LS and EZY have pushed Air Malta off NCL-MLA for S16 though

HH6702
17th Oct 2015, 22:27
I wonder what easyjet will do as a reaction to Ryanair as they haven't put the whole summer season on yet!

I think they may react by adding flights rather than backing down like they did with jet2..

Easyjet at gatwick is full and they have to expand somewhere else now. Problem for easyjet not many aircraft on order for the next 12 months compared to Ryanair..

Ryanair needs to make money. Bucket and spade routes first then it will go after the city breaks. You maybe correct jet2 may pull out a few but I think Ryanair will grow these markets through cheaper prices as jet2 aren't cheap to these city breaks as they are the only ones flying to them

Let's see what happens over the next few months and years

Let's see if we get Milan and Oslo back first before any new routes

EK77WNCL
18th Oct 2015, 01:34
I really do hope Easyjet respond with growth, and soon. You mention Oslo and Milan (or Moss and Bergamo to be more correct ;) ) but I think we would be much better off seeing Easyjet tackle routes like Milan. I think they'd be better suited to new markets like Morocco, Sicily and Iceland as well.

I really hope FR stick to large, grown markets and brand new, safe markets for now, and not just push out the incumbents.

Losing LS service on city routes due to Ryanair would be bittersweet IMO, but I really don't think there's room on those routes for the two of them. With their fares I just don't think Jet2 could hold out. It would be a shame to lose Jet2's current catalogue of city routes

Interesting times ahead!

HeartyMeatballs
18th Oct 2015, 06:44
NCL doesn't have a great track record when it comes to growing markets:

MJV - was served by U2 3X a week, LS came along, pax were given the choice of almost daily flights. U2 left the route, leaving a twice weekly summer only connection with LS. No doubt when there were two airlines on the route the prices would have fallen temporarily, but now? If put money on saying the prices are significantly higher now. A net gain for passengers?

Take MLA. KM and U2 served it for a good few years. LS come along, and history repeats itself with KM pulling the route. A net gain for passengers?

AGP/ALC: the new FR service likely won't grow the market. They will trash yields and chase others off the route. No big loss, until FR then cancel the route and given their previous record of chopping routes at NCL it is very likely. A net gain for passengers?

Let's just hope FR does this before Jet2, easyJet or any of the charters start pulling aircraft out.

SWBKCB
18th Oct 2015, 07:05
Good points from HMB - how do RYR grow the market? Where do the extra pax come from?

HeartyMeatballs
18th Oct 2015, 07:26
If thesy can grow the market then that is great. Maybe those who couldn't afford to fly will now be given a chance to holiday and that is great. I'm all for that. But shifting capacity around and getting the same bums on different plane seats to me is neither here nor there.

In terms of other routes mentioned. I think given a few more years once Iceland becomes more mainstream then it could feature on the NCL route map. Even now it still requires a certain sense of adventure to go there but U2 have no problem filling the BRS and EDI flights but both of those will benefit from more inward tourism.

RAK was launched from BRS and instantly successful seemingly. It's even popular with the odd hen party believe it or not. Hot all year round. Cheap. Historic. Apart from a lack of beach it has it all and could make a good city destination. However myself, and a couple of friends won't go to countries we deem high risk. Not sure how typical this mindset is but if it's common then it could hit demand. And all it would take is one high profile incident and it could collapse over night.

I'm surprised DLM hasn't been tried by U2. Go there any day and there's an minimum 8+ Thomson aircraft on the deck. It must be hugely popular with Brits still and Turkey has long been a popular destination for Northeasterners. They need to make up their minds about easyJet Holidays. They need to push it a la Jet2Holidays as it seems very much an afterthought. If they pushed it then it could achieve a lot.

SWBKCB
18th Oct 2015, 08:02
Yes - RYR may grow the market through low prices, bringing in customers who don't fly now or persuading existing airport customers to fly more. But otherwise you're just shifting around existing customers.

Where NCL struggles compared to EDI or BRS is its in a poorer area and is more remote - making it more difficult to attract customers from other areas.

And talking of Morocco, is it more high risk than Turkey?

HeartyMeatballs
18th Oct 2015, 08:31
You wouldn't catch me in neither if I'm honest. Same with Sharm. It's long over due a sea based attack.

LiamNCL
18th Oct 2015, 08:32
It wont happen but if TCX dropped some DLM , Let EZ on it and use them to send their PAX on then TCX could introduce 2 new destinations at least .

I was in Sharm as recent as last October and never felt at risk , I think London is more at risk than Sharm el Sheikh if im honest there is no such thing as due an attack although i know what you are saying

HeartyMeatballs
18th Oct 2015, 08:41
Well, the people in Tunisia also felt safe until 38 of them ended up getting murdered. The high profile security in Sharm is a facade.

Charlie98
18th Oct 2015, 09:31
Well, if you're going to avoid a destination because its 'due a terror attack' it may be due to an irrational phobia. Every tourists resort is arguably of similar risk and living your life in fear of an attack is simply pathetic and is bowing to the wants of the terrorists.

Would you never cross the road in-case you got hit? Would you never stand near the platform edge in-case you got pushed?

The terror threat across Europe and Africa is extreme, but if you want to pick a country to avoid it may be France who do have an issue with attacks, and not nations based on stereotypes.

SWBKCB
18th Oct 2015, 09:42
Would you never cross the road in-case you got hit?

No - but I would assess the risk before sallying forth, not all roads are the same and all destinations aren't.

VentureGo
18th Oct 2015, 09:51
You mention Oslo and Milan (or Moss and Bergamo to be more correct ;)

Regarding Oslo and Norway as a whole, During the 80s and 90s Newcastle had long established Daily (ex Sat) services operated by Braathens B737 to Oslo, and a daily (ex Sat) B737 service to Bergen via Stavanger. until Braathens was absorbed fully into Scandanavian's (SAS) network.
I would like to see Norwegian (NAS), which originally took over some Braathens busy bee routes on Braathens behalf in the early days of NAS before Low cost operation model. return to provide a strong Nordic link which may lead to further expansion.
More operators can spread the risk, introduce new routes, and encourage competition.

HeartyMeatballs
18th Oct 2015, 11:29
Statistics, not stereotypes are what I base by descisions on.

Tunisia I and II, Turkey, Luxor, Cairo, Kusadasi were all directly targeted at tourists. I have been on cruises that have stopped in these countries. I no longer get off and lounge round the pool in relative safety instead of risking an ambush like Tunisia I this year. Nothing to do with stereotypes. Many cruises have changed their intineraries accordingly due to threat.

I can't recall such attacks being targeted at Spanish or French or Greek resorts in recent times.

Crossing the road will always have risks. One can take steps to minimise risks by using a crossing or crossing the bridge or waiting for a break in the traffic, wearing a high via vest or waiting for lollipop lady. Fact is there is a risk, and the onus is on you to mitigate against them.

EK77WNCL
18th Oct 2015, 14:26
Could it be feasible to see Norwegian Air Shuttle start something along the lines of:

x4 weekly - Oslo
x3 weekly - Bergen
x13 weekly - Gatwick

HH6702
18th Oct 2015, 14:36
Norwegian was looking at NCL to do CPH and a range of Spanish routes ALC,AGP,PMI etc.

Airport said no due to upsetting SAS!

However if they could do Oslo or Bergan and a couple of others maybe but they said no.

Bit like Ryanair they go after routes where money can be made before any risks.

However it looks like the airport is now willing to work with Ryanair and allowing the Spanish routes so maybe they will work with Norwegian too but can't see it happening very soon.

It's going to be a very interesting few years

EK77WNCL
18th Oct 2015, 16:03
Personally NCL would need their head looking at if they let Norwegian in on ALC, AGP etc. now... Absolute bloodbath! I know ALC is popular but 5 airlines (who all offer EXACTLY the same to the customer - although Norwegian could be top of the pile for service/value for money) is definitely overkill

Would SAS never consider Oslo? Surely with connections there must be something there

SWBKCB
18th Oct 2015, 16:07
genuine question - if NAX really wanted to operate NCL-ALC, how exactly would NIA stop them?

Piltdown Man
18th Oct 2015, 16:11
...the airport is now willing to work with Ryanair and allowing the Spanish routes...

The airport have no jurisdiction on who goes where. This is not a banana republic. In the EU, any EU airline can go wherever and whenever they wish. The airport may provide some form of economic "honeymoon" but unless they want to face the wrath of established operators, this will have to on a measured basis.

PM

VentureGo
18th Oct 2015, 16:38
The airport have no jurisdiction on who goes where. This is not a banana republic. In the EU, any EU airline can go wherever and whenever they wish. The airport may provide some form of economic "honeymoon" but unless they want to face the wrath of established operators, this will have to on a measured basis.

PM

Newcastle Airport charge airlines for servicing their aircraft, landing fees, use of facilities, passenger service fees, (immigration, border control etc...) are all charged for. However LCC, especially,often want the airport to subsidise or waive fees for bringing extra services, and threfore passengers, to spend money in the airport's retail & catering facilities etc...
As a result some airports with high number /%age of Ryanair flights for example have low profits.
Newcastle maintain a balance of approx. 1/3rd each of Full Service Carriers / Leisure Charters (TOM/TCX etc..) / LCC (EZY/LS/FR), which keeps a healthy profitable business model.
I guess NIA don't "refuse" carriers, but they will not waive charges for LCCs when Full service and carriers who are prepared to pay airport charges, flying to the same destination would then incur higher costs and possibly withdraw. Norwegian may want too much from NIA to start services. Lot of history re. Ryanair in the past telling airports to drop their charges or they would withdraw services. NCL have a healthy mix, with opportunities for airlines to start services and pay the airport their due fees.

HH6702
18th Oct 2015, 17:33
Yes lots of history between airport and Ryanair...

Let's hope it's Ryanair that has backed down and is paying the going price to operate these flights so it's fair on the rest of them.

Ryanair had a history of being the bullies and reducing flights and pulling out unless they get better deals

Wasn't the plan a few years ago that one of there planes was going to do the following but never happened someone found slots I think somewhere

Oslo-ncl-Stockholm-ncl-Oslo ???
Remember the numbers being along the lines of FR3133/4/5/6

HH6702
18th Oct 2015, 17:39
Just look at gatwick there could be room for all the airlines to operate to the same place I.e ALICANTE

Charters - TOM,TCX,MON

lCC - EZY,FR,VY,DY

if the same can work outside London is the big question. Manchester and EDI airports are starting to look interesting with them all competing on the same routes.

EK77WNCL
18th Oct 2015, 20:14
I just thought today that with the recent downsizing of almost every aircraft by each airline based at NCL (except EZY) and the lack of increased frequencies (Except LS for S16) there might actually be room for all of this, and that probably explains why there's been constant decreases all throughout Summer 2015 on popular routes, there are much less seats available. Between creating demand and covering the losses of fleet modernisation I think Ryanair have made a good move.

But I wish they'd spread it a bit more... FR might have filled some holes, and good on them for doing so they must have positive forward bookings to grow ALC x3-5 weekly so quick and to start AGP on a healthy x4 but as I've said before I'd love to see some new routes and I hope that if there is more to come from Ryanair, it is to some more "exotic" i.e unserved destinations

chris1001
19th Oct 2015, 23:19
I take back the praise I gave Ryanair the other day for Malaga route. I cannot see many people wanting to get up at 3-4am on the last day of holiday for flight home. It's bad enough on the outbound with EasyJet and Jet2 but no chance on way back too.

You can expect those timings on a package trip to Turkey, Sharm or Canaries but not Malaga where passengers tend to be second home owners or those on short weekend breaks. Senseless!

CentreFix25
20th Oct 2015, 06:23
I don't think it's senseless - someone has got to be first and last of the day, and I'd prefer to have it than not. I guarantee that if the price is right, then people won't have an issue getting up that early on what will predominantly be a holiday flight. If people have got the money to own a second home then they've probably got the money to be more selective with flights and look elsewhere - most don't, so cost will beat timings.

N707ZS
20th Oct 2015, 07:28
People will get up at 3-4 in the morning, I used to get the Alicante flight from DTVA and it was always quite full. With the early outbound you get a longer day at the start. The other option would be to book the return with one of the other operators.

LiamNCL
20th Oct 2015, 16:15
Cant see flight times being a problem , NCL wont be the only flight departing early on

easyflyer83
20th Oct 2015, 17:46
If you know the AGP market well you'll know that actually demand is very high for morning services. A large proportion of AGP flights ex UK do tend to leave in the morning due to this reason. There is also demand incidentally for early departures ex AGP which has seen nightstopping aircraft in the past from both BA/GT and U2.

EK77WNCL
20th Oct 2015, 21:10
The CAA are being a bit slow on NCL's stats this month

VickersVicount
20th Oct 2015, 22:50
It's not normally the CAA but the airport operator

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Oct 2015, 09:43
U2 summer schedule released today. A check for August reveals:

Split: Tue Sat
Rhodes: Sat
Corfu: Sun
Geneva: Sun Mon Wed Fri
Jersey: Mon Tue Wed Sat
Barcelona: Mon Wed Thu Fri Sun
Malaga: Daily ex Sun
Faro: Wed Fri Sat Sun
Alicante: Daily ex Sat
Palma: Daily
Malta: Tue Sat
Nice: Tue Thu Sat
Belfast: 18 weekly (this must be an increase?)
Bristol: 11 weekly (Monday only possible day return)

Aircraft: 1 A320, 2 A319. Approximately 24,000 seats per week during the summer peak.

anthbower1234
24th Oct 2015, 19:17
Whats going on at NCL? Most flights diverting?

AerRyan
24th Oct 2015, 19:25
Been closed since around 5pm by the looks of it.

NCL-TRC
24th Oct 2015, 19:27
Reports of power failure, therefore no lights etc.

daz211
24th Oct 2015, 19:29
Reports of power outage via Twitter

AerRyan
24th Oct 2015, 19:30
Looks like the powers back now, LS374 is descending and leaving the hold and heading towards NCL.

KNIEVEL77
24th Oct 2015, 19:50
ATC using the old tower at the minute.
Good job they kept it.

N707ZS
24th Oct 2015, 21:05
Sounds like you need the minister from the Northern Power house!

Matt4
24th Oct 2015, 22:06
Does anybody know why the TCX flight numbers on the airport website has changed to MT, I wonder if this has something to do with the airline trying to become more scheduled, or could be that it's a typo

VickersVicount
24th Oct 2015, 22:58
Does anybody know why the TCX flight numbers on the airport website has changed to MT, I wonder if this has something to do with the airline trying to become more scheduled, or could be that it's a typo
Hasnt MT always been the IATA code for TCX ?

LiamNCL
24th Oct 2015, 23:33
MT from the JMC days

Matt4
25th Oct 2015, 07:22
Yeah it has but I was just thinking why they have changed it to that?

highwideandugly
25th Oct 2015, 07:39
Delays also due to lack of staff apparently.

Nice to see good old DTV Picking up some business...life in the old dog yet!!:ok:

Travel Agent
25th Oct 2015, 08:08
Would of thought MT was from the Mytravel days rather than JMC?

N707ZS
25th Oct 2015, 08:10
Does anyone know what did happen last night? Nothing in the news about flight diversions and delays.

NCL-TRC
25th Oct 2015, 09:15
The MT flight number is due to the fact that Thomas Cook are using a new computer system that requires a 2 letter code, as opposed to 3 letters.

ash666
25th Oct 2015, 09:25
If staff shortages really were part of the reason for diverting flights it really does put the whole airport operation in the Mickey Mouse category.

nclops
25th Oct 2015, 14:24
Travel Agent - MT has been the 2 letter code since JMC (maybe even flying colours) days. VZ was the My Travel 2 letter code.

nclops
25th Oct 2015, 14:28
No diversions due to lack of staff as far as I'm aware. Diversions I believe were due to a fire in a power sub station and the back up generators failed to kick in so no power on the airfield (tower, runway lights etc). I stand to be corrected but I thinks that's roughly what happened.

ash666
25th Oct 2015, 14:42
At least it was a warning about the generators without any serious accidents.

Marra123
25th Oct 2015, 16:18
Pretty sure nclops is correct from what I have heard. Customers from BA have said on twitter that DTV had no staff and the coach driver went off to find someone.
Newcastle was already open again by the time BA left LHR but diverted to MME anyway which could have been for any reason.
BA1337 left MME bound for LHR at around 1am this morning.

nclops
25th Oct 2015, 20:07
As far as I'm aware, due to the uncertainty of when NCL would reopen the BA1336 had already planned to operate to DTV before it left LHR. As a consequence, by the time NCL did reopen the 1337 pax were already on coaches on their way to LHR. I'm surprised DTV stayed open for them!

VentureGo
27th Oct 2015, 13:24
Today's service to DUS is operated by D-AIZQ Airbus A320 in new Eurowings livery.
Is there a change of equipment taking place on this route (from CRJ900). Notice A320 has been used before (also on a Tuesday I think)

HH6702
27th Oct 2015, 14:24
A320 on Tuesday's only for the winter
CRJ900 for the rest of them

Maybe testing if they can make the route work with A320's since the CRJ's are all leaving

Jamesair
28th Oct 2015, 21:09
Highlights from the Sept CAA stats.

Brussels 2,835 + 8%
Copenhagen 2,849 + 42% This route has really taken off lately
Paris 13,880 +17%
Dusseldorf 3,760 + 16%
Dublin 15,978 +5%
Dubai 20,518 +4%

Cork 837 - 44%
Murcia 4,353 - 27%
Stavanger 1,248 - 35% Continuing oil industry problems
Prague 2,133 -12%
Krakow 2,268 - 12%

NEWARK 1,024

Heathrow 45,968 + 5% Outstanding performance
Belfast Int 16,762 + 14%
Jersey 2,312 + 7%
Bristol 14,235 +5%

Aberdeen 1,867 - 27% Continuing oil industry problems
Newquay 240 - 11%

Stansted 3,830 Pretty steady figures since the start of the route

Seljuk22
31st Oct 2015, 15:47
Ryanair will grow by 100% next summer as it will add Malaga (5 weekly) and Alicante (4 weekly) to its existing Dublin (9 weekly) service.
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/151015-newcastle-summer-2016-schedule-launched/?market=en)

Jamesair
31st Oct 2015, 17:06
It certainly is good news. I hope they try some new destinations at some stage in the future.

EK77WNCL
31st Oct 2015, 18:08
Vueling must have a good feeling about us with the Christmas flights and bringing the start date forward to 19th March instead of 28th March

LiamNCL
1st Nov 2015, 18:52
Fog must be bad further south , 4 LS 757s bound for Leeds just arrived

Jamesair
2nd Nov 2015, 08:41
It is....I'm in North London and its very foggy here this morning...lots of flights cancelled, I understand.

Jamesair
5th Nov 2015, 16:55
AER LINGUS ...SUMMER 16

Dublin 14 weekly

Cork 2 weekly (down from 4)

Jamesair
8th Nov 2015, 16:20
I wonder if FLYBE will have any surprises for us in their summer 16 timetable. Release date 10th November.

EK77WNCL
8th Nov 2015, 21:53
I'm going to vote.... Nope!

Unless there's some reductions, I think there could be some real potential there

BAladdy
9th Nov 2015, 17:48
Used the BE service operated by BMI Regional from NCL to STN last week.

Flight was a quick 55 minutes with a free hold bag and complimentary Tea, coffee, juice or water offered all for under 70 pounds. The only down side is the 1 x daily frequency. Hope the route continues to be operated by BM but at a increased frequency when BE release there S16 tomorrow

HH6702
9th Nov 2015, 18:26
5 years ago they promised loads of new routes and we got nothing.
wouldn't expect anything to change tomorrow

HH6702
9th Nov 2015, 18:33
Looks like 2 flights from Ncl

26th dec 2016
30 jan 2017

EK77WNCL
9th Nov 2015, 20:23
BAladdy, is it the ER3 or ER4? I had an idea not long ago that BM could base another ERJ at NCL, operate x2 daily Frankfurt and in the middle operate to Belfast City for Flybe... But I don't know if that'll happen

BAladdy
10th Nov 2015, 00:36
5 years ago they promised loads of new routes and we got nothing.
wouldn't expect anything to change tomorrow
Flights now on sale and No real changes from what I can see.

BHD - 6 x weekly
EXT - Daily (However only all in fares available to book on Mon to Fri)
NQY - Weekly Saturday service operates Late May to early September
SOU - 18 x weekly
STN - Flights not available after 24th March 2016

BAladdy, is it the ER3 or ER4? I had an idea not long ago that BM could base another ERJ at NCL, operate x2 daily Frankfurt and in the middle operate to Belfast City for Flybe... But I don't know if that'll happen

When I flew to STN it was a ER3

GrahamK
18th Nov 2015, 20:01
October Selected Provisional stats:

Heathrow 46910 +14%
Stansted 3474
Belfast City 2186 -12%
Bristol 15221 +12%
Exeter 3180
Southampton 9706 +4%

Brussels 2549 +4%
Copenhagen 2317 +18%
Paris CDG 13600 -2%
Dusseldorf 3584 +24%
Dublin 18345 +11%
Rome 2557 +2%
Amsterdam 33066 +2%
Barcelona 5464 -9%
Stavanger 1320 -29%
Geneva 4249
Prague 2481 -2%
Krakow 2961 -2%
Dubai 19927 +14%

Rolling 12 month figures of 4.55m, a meagre 1.2% growth

CabinCrewe
18th Nov 2015, 21:15
12% on DXB is pretty impressive. Is that true growth or a reflection of anything going on last October? Especially with all the bargains and empty seats to be had up the east coast on EY and QR from EDI

GrahamK
19th Nov 2015, 03:09
12% on DXB is pretty impressive. Is that true growth or a reflection of anything going on last October? Especially with all the bargains and empty seats to be had up the east coast on EY and QR from EDI

True growth I'd imagine, still plenty of seats to be filled thiugh

Jamesair
19th Nov 2015, 08:21
The increase on Dubai is actually 14% not 12%.

HH6702
20th Nov 2015, 10:37
Start of the changes

Thursday evening Palma now shows TBC for airline

Sunday morning Palma new flight now shows airline as AEA

SJL26779
20th Nov 2015, 14:05
Thursday Flight is EVE3309 / EVE3310

Evelop Airlines

fjencl
20th Nov 2015, 15:40
Are Avion Express operating for TCX summer 2016 at NCL

HH6702
20th Nov 2015, 16:59
If the rumours come true than the plan for Thomas cook is to have 4 based units at ncl.

1 possibly 2 to be leased units may or may not be from the same airline

fjencl
20th Nov 2015, 17:25
Thanks, we will just have to wait and see then who they charter in the aircraft from to operate some of there flights.

EK77WNCL
20th Nov 2015, 23:12
Has the TCX S17 schedule been announced yet? I'd imagine an extra unit would mean new routes/frequency increases? If not announced yet when will it be?

SWBKCB
21st Nov 2015, 08:17
Couple of interesting quotes in amongst the usual PR flim-flam (my underlining)

Newcastle Airport's new flights help easyJet deliver record profits for fifth year in a row - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/newcastle-airports-new-flights-help-10459159)

Around 1m passengers had travelled from the airport during the period, with flights being on average 89% full - a 4.9% increase on last year, representing the strongest rate of growth in the UK

easyJet, she added, had also extended its Newcastle-Geneva flight, so that it now operated year-round rather than just in the winter. This had increased the number of business passengers travelling from the airport, though this was still below average at 16%.

Presume these % relate to EZY pax as they come from an EZY spokesman

EK77WNCL
21st Nov 2015, 19:29
Maybe more business routes could = more business passengers??? Hmmmmmm :ok::cool:

Chesty Morgan
21st Nov 2015, 20:01
Since when do we call aeroplanes "units"? :*

SWBKCB
21st Nov 2015, 20:34
Probably when their primary function became as profit generators - in any case, better than calling them "birds"

Chesty Morgan
21st Nov 2015, 20:37
Or you could call them what they actually are.

Fairdealfrank
22nd Nov 2015, 00:32
Since when do we call aeroplanes "units"?

Since the pointyheads took over the world.

LiamNCL
22nd Nov 2015, 09:52
Hopefully its another A321 from TCX

EK77WNCL
22nd Nov 2015, 20:25
Advertising never fails to surprise me... Lovely Vueling 737 on the advert in the terminal.

The ongoing development landside hasn't been picked up on here. Starbucks is now Ritazza and Condeco Bar is being closed down and turned into a larger seating area (for Ritazza I believe). Whistle stop was also closed, not sure what's going to happen there, is there much else they can do landside? It looks like quite a comprehensive refurbishment going on though, nice of them to freshen it up a bit, it's nice enough and serves its purpose, but the contrast from the more "cosy" original side to the slightly more open/sparse new side is noticeable.

Wonder if we'll get a united desk? :ok:

nclops
22nd Nov 2015, 21:28
M & S Food is going where Whistlestop was.

EK77WNCL
22nd Nov 2015, 21:48
Oooooohhhhhh now I like that!

HH6702
25th Nov 2015, 20:26
I see that the above has taken a step closer for funding today

However the planned operator of links air are they still around ?

BAladdy
25th Nov 2015, 21:44
However the planned operator of links air are they still around ?
I believe Links Air had there AOC suspended by the CAA on 16th October 2015 due to concerns about the airline's safety protocols.

EK77WNCL
25th Nov 2015, 23:28
Who could operate it?

Bmir, Flybe, Loganair, Citywing, Eastern, VLM? Although Bmi/Flybe/Loganair have their own little thing going on now and Van Air (who operate for Citywing) have been operating a Let-410 for Links Air as well...

I think by September 2016 Links Air may be back in operation providing no serious breaches in operating/safety practices are found.

Whoever ends up operating it I doubt the fares will be anywhere near reasonable/affordable except for their limited target market, similar to BHX/ABZ/CWL currently

EK77WNCL
26th Nov 2015, 16:56
Anbody know why OK-TSH was in today, arrived from Beirut and departed about half an hour ago to an unknown destination. Flew Amman-Beirut-Newcastle under the same flight number. Intruguing! Shame I missed it

Denim due in tomorrow 16:35 from Manchester and earlier in the morning Germania are due in to operate the Arctic cruise charter to Tromso at 09:55 (or thereabouts)

highwideandugly
26th Nov 2015, 18:40
Go on have a guess,it's not hard...you are a worldly aviation expert !!

rutankrd
26th Nov 2015, 19:15
Syrian refugee transport.

EK77WNCL
26th Nov 2015, 21:59
Where's the middle finger smiley? :{

SWBKCB
29th Nov 2015, 07:10
EK77WNCL - there's JetBlast for that sort of comment.

If this goes ahead, should finally shut down any thought of a runway extension.

Hazlerigg site earmarked for 460 homes near Newcastle Airport - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/hazlerigg-site-earmarked-460-homes-10505076)

fl dutchman
1st Dec 2015, 19:16
Quiet day for Easyjet at NCL tomorrow (WED) Just 2 flights. One to BFS the other to BRS in the evening.

nclops
1st Dec 2015, 19:23
Wednesday's are quiet full stop. No flights at all from TOM / TCX / LS

HeartyMeatballs
1st Dec 2015, 19:42
Yes, a quiet day all round. No holiday flights at all tomorrow. Must be one of the quietest days at NCL I've seen for a long time. Apart form T3, I think U2 is the only airline operating a based unit tomorrow.

SWBKCB
1st Dec 2015, 19:42
Similar to last winter, though didn't Wednesday used to be the Sharm switch over day?

Thank goodness for BA, KL, AF, EI, BE who all have multiple departures. :ok:

Only the one EK, though. :)

HH6702
1st Dec 2015, 22:01
Looking at the updated timetable on website it looks like TCX changes to MT

Wednesday's are quiet but yes normally SSH and NBE?

Can't see SSH starting before mid Jan if not later
Maybe both SSH and NBE will start Easter

LiamNCL
2nd Dec 2015, 11:41
TCX - SSH was switched to a MON during the summer , Up til today WED was TFS . Now Hurghada has finished Monday Tuesday and now Wednesday have no flights , Bit of a waste really

Jamesair
5th Dec 2015, 08:39
According to the Northern Echo (4th Dec) NCL - Norwich flights operated by Links Air will be starting next year.

wannaBAgrad
7th Dec 2015, 15:33
What's the deal with flight GRNCH showing as departing at 1036 this morning with its destination as 'no airport'??

TSR2
7th Dec 2015, 15:41
Probably back to base at Carlisle.

SWBKCB
14th Dec 2015, 17:24
Newcastle International Airports's new £14m departure lounge opens - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-international-airportss-new-14m-10596974)

Jamesair
16th Dec 2015, 08:36
Wikopedia now shows East Midlands as an Eastern destination. Although it is not offered for sale by Eastern, it does seem to operate as T34035/6 an extension of the ABZ service.

HH6702
16th Dec 2015, 11:43
Will the downturn in oil price and the business model of eastern mainly aberdeen market they must be starting to feel it.

Makes good business sense to merge the flights rather than a complete drop.

i wonder if T3 will do the norwich route next year if links air dont restart??

Seems to have gone quiet at the minute no big news?
Lets hope to some good news early in the new year

Jamesair
16th Dec 2015, 22:08
T3 sounds to me, the ideal operator for the Norwich route.

NCL-TRC
18th Dec 2015, 05:12
Wideroe will be discontinuing SVG with effect FEB 2016.
Source: Wideroe Website.

Jamesair
18th Dec 2015, 08:30
That certainly is bad news, although not a total surprise, traffic has been steadily falling for quite some time. A casualty of the oil industry troubles and one of the oldest route destinations operated from NCL. For anyone interested in the history of the North East, it marks the closing of the last link (Sea ferry or air service) between the North East and Norway in recent times.

On a brighter note, an interesting interview with David Laws in the Northern Echo on 15th December, in which he sets out his future route aims for the airport.

jensdad
18th Dec 2015, 19:57
Sad news about Stavanger. It's true that passenger numbers have been falling for quite some time, but I'm confused as to why. I flew NCL-OSL and then BGO-SVG-NCL in 1998 on Braathens and both flights were full, and it didn't appear to be anywhere near all oil industry types either. A lot of Norwegians used to come across to the North East for shopping trips and holidays. Maybe the range of cheap flights between Norway and Spain / Portugal etc has dented the demand? I'm pretty sure that at one time the only UK cities with scheduled links to Western Norway were London (not even sure London always had links to BGO & SVG to be honest?), Newcastle and Aberdeen. The links between the North-East and Scandinavia used to be one of the things that made NCL a bit unique. Now it seems that all airport destination boards are becoming identikits of each other. Or maybe I'm getting older and more wistful...

SWBKCB
18th Dec 2015, 20:03
Wideroe blame increased Norwegian aviation related taxes. Slump in the oil industry hasn't helped.

Flybilletter til Norge og resten av verden - fly med Widerøe (http://www.wideroe.no/en/News-archive/Widere-to-cut-services/E290830B-5550-46D8-B5C7-9735C623858F/1)

HH6702
18th Dec 2015, 21:06
Shame that's it's being dropped.

Can't help but think that these routes are aimed at the business passengers only due to the cost of the flights. Now the oil business is at a all time low the market these airlines offer is business users and they now disappearing and fast!!

If it was an airline like Norweign (low cost) there fares would be different and would open this kind of route up to the leisure pax as well as business best of both etc.

Let's see if someone else can make a go of it

EK77WNCL
18th Dec 2015, 21:16
Where's the article with Dave Law's future route aims?

I'd hope Norwegian would give it a shot but they seem to be of the opinion that "we serve Edinburgh - people can travel"

Jamesair
18th Dec 2015, 22:15
UK Airport News (http://www.uk-airport-news.info)
entry 17.12.15 Newcastle Airport aims for all-year round New York flights

HH6702
18th Dec 2015, 22:52
Very interesting that interview...

So what can we hope for

2017 United to go daily maybe a extended season from 2018 and a year round service from 2020??? Can see it happening before then but hey what do we know!

Emirates 2x daily agree with that and can see a start date of September 2017 for that as it will mark 10 years!!!

Ryanair well this looks like the one to watch in the short term.
Finally looks like the airport needs Ryanair to expand and get us upto 5m pax per year. I have heard people talking about Ryanair wanting 4 based aircraft at ncl within the next 12/18 months ??

Jet2 hopefully more from them

Charters - these will continue to grow still no news on the 4th based TCX for summer 2016

Extra routes to Germany ??? How long have the airport been saying this. Fly be we're going to add routes to Germany and this never happened...

Could this be were Ryanair comes into it?
Which Ryanair routes to Germany could work well for Newcastle that is currently served by Ryanair from other airports ???

All sounds very good lets hope all his wishes come true

EK77WNCL
19th Dec 2015, 02:03
Ooooh I really enjoyed reading that (great minds think alike) :ok:

He's a man with his head screwed on and I think if I sets out his plan, stays in the position he's in (I.e not sack the job in for somewhere else) and makes sure things happen the way he wants to... We could definitely be onto a winner in the near future. I completely agree with the UA and EK forecasts, I think EK35/36 might see an A380 on 01/09/2017 as well... Or I hope so at least.

Ryanair is going to be a very interesting one I think, I'd love to see them do Stansted!!! Hopefully 4 based aircraft could be good for us, those threats might kick EZY up the arse to do something

5 mil by 2017, 7 mil by 2020, 10 mil 2025? Maybe? I hope so

HH6702
19th Dec 2015, 07:17
You will never see a A380 at ncl.
Runway and taxiway are not able to cope and the airport will not spend the money for a flight that will not happen.

The best you can hope for would be a fly past with one but I doubt that they will be paying for it.

EK will be 2x flights a day possible starting 1st sept 2017 and the extra flight will be a early evening flight allowing better connections to Asia

Jamesair
19th Dec 2015, 08:56
Copenhagen............2100 + 21%
Dusseldorf................3202 +17%
Dublin.......................17.119 + 8%
Amsterdam...............28,858 + 2%
Alicante.....................16,295 +35% Ryanair
Barcelona..................4523 + 44%
Krakow......................2376 + 18%
Dubai........................17,706 + 4%

Brussels....................1909 - 9%
Paris.........................12,414 - 3%
Cork............................. 387 - 70%
Malta............................2420 - 7%
Stavanger..................1193 - 23%

Belfast Intl................20,532 + 22%
IOM............................. 368 + 21%
Southampton............9257 + 13%
Bristol.......................14,822 + 15%

Heathrow..................41,108 - 2%
Aberdeen................... 1860 - 45%
Belfast City................. 1505 - 40%
Cardiff......................... 1181 - 12%
Exeter......................... 2359 - 20%
Stansted..................... 831

Monthly Total.....267,748 +0.7%
Running Annual Total...4,560.196 +1.2%

HeartyMeatballs
19th Dec 2015, 09:06
I don't see the need for a fourth TCX plane. They're more exposed to SSH and Tunisia than most airlines at NCL. With the geopolitical situation in Turkey their route portfolio is certainly the most risky of all NCL operators. If Turkey falls off the map then they'll run out of places to fly to which would warrant a fourth aircraft.

I can't see a long term FR base opening as they can simply serve NCL from one of their 70+ bases. Maybe a short term base which will shut once any incentives dry up.

LiamNCL
19th Dec 2015, 10:36
TCX 3 based A321s in the future seems a better option

HeartyMeatballs
19th Dec 2015, 10:52
Some good numbers from U2 on the BRS and BFS. Excellent performance on BCN and that is before Vueling start BCN. Malta not so good however only slightly down. Does anyone know if LS are using the 737-classics or have they been using the 737-800. If the former then it could account for the slight decline as it was served by 180Y Air Malta aircraft.

NCL-TRC
19th Dec 2015, 14:38
Jet2 Malta is operated by 148 config -300s, the Air Malta this year was a weekly A319 IIRC.

EK77WNCL
19th Dec 2015, 19:59
Is FNC still a 733 next year and the new wednesday TFS run still scheduled on a 733? Hopefully there'll be a lovely shiny "new" wingletted one available with those lovely sporty CFM56 3C-1's or they might struggle. 733 flies like a pig on a hot day doing more than 3.5 hours.

Are we 3 733/4 738 next year?

Chesty Morgan
19th Dec 2015, 20:10
Still a 300 on the FNC at least for now.

Even if the 300s are fitted with one or two C1 engines they are still operated at 22k max. So not any sportier.

HH6702
19th Dec 2015, 22:21
They are taking an extra 60 cabin crew on this summer for the 4th based aircraft I've heard.

Yes not sure what's happening now due to SSH and NBE.
Can't see any of these routes coming back soon and if they do won't be more than weekly flights.

Yes I think they may struggle however the people that would normally got to SSH, NBE will have to go somewhere.???

Maybe a blood bath for the Spanish routes ??

Matt4
20th Dec 2015, 03:37
Looks like Aer Lingus are adding a 5th weekly flight next summer with a Tuesday operation

SJL26779
26th Dec 2015, 10:49
Hi

Monday's Las Palmas rotation will be TOM on 2nd and 9th May
From 16th May - 26th Sep will be operated by Smartwings on a W pattern

NCL-LPA dep 14:40 , arv 19:30, Flight No.: QS 2009
LPA-NCL dep 09:00 , arv 13:50, Flight No.: QS 2008

Monday's Dalaman is now showing TBA so probably will be a W pattern again with one of the Turkish operators.

Good to see Smartwings from NCL

LiamNCL
26th Dec 2015, 12:24
Todays Vueling operated by a Airbus A321 ! Sales numbers pushed it to a 321 or was this always scheduled

VickersVicount
26th Dec 2015, 13:07
Boxing day often a quiet getaway day so doubt its been 'put on special' for demand, but noone will know.

SWBKCB
27th Dec 2015, 14:54
Be interesting to know the loads - if Boxing Day is a quiet day, why use one of the biggest (costly) a/c in your fleet if you don't have to?

LiamNCL
27th Dec 2015, 15:31
I imagine if boxing day is quiet there is far busier places the fairly new A321 could be , This is a good sign

Jamesair
27th Dec 2015, 16:16
I hope Barcelona will be the start of a steady expansion at NCL for Vueling

Wikepedia shows the Norwich route, due to start next year, as operated by Flybe.

160to4DME
27th Dec 2015, 17:25
I imagine if boxing day is quiet there is far busier places the fairly new A321 could be , This is a good sign

The A321 is routinely rotating through the system over the current winter schedule as an ordinary A320.

EK77WNCL
27th Dec 2015, 17:28
My wishlist for Vueling at NCL would be Paris, Amsterdam and maybe Madrid. I'd like to say Rome but they might push LS out

NickBarnes
28th Dec 2015, 07:42
I hope Barcelona will be the start of a steady expansion at NCL for Vueling

Wikepedia shows the Norwich route, due to start next year, as operated by Flybe.

I saw that about the Norwich route, but haven't seen anything from flybe to suggest it happening, might be someone with a bit of wrong info

SWBKCB
28th Dec 2015, 08:04
Also, might depend on whether the funding is transferrable as it wasn't flybe on the application

Montreal-Dubai
29th Dec 2015, 20:01
I dont know what the hoo-haa is about this. It was always scheduled to operate as an A321, on this date from the word go. We are allowed to have something different now and again, for whatever reason. :ugh: The main thing is, it is something new for Newcastle, and all the very best for its success. :D

SWBKCB
29th Dec 2015, 20:29
M-D - if you think half a dozen posts on Pprune is a hoo-haa, you need to get out more... :ok:

I think the point is this - airline with little local market presence launches a BCN service for next summer, and then offers at relatively short notice a series of flights for Xmas and the New Year.

The second of these flights is operated by the largest a/c in their fleet. Knowing the LCC dislike the flying around half empty a/c, the question is why? is it due to demand (which would be a "quite interesting" pointer for the summer season) or another reason? Even if it was "always scheduled", the same question applies - why?

I don't think anybody posting here wants anything other than the new Vueling service to be a success :)

LiamNCL
30th Dec 2015, 08:08
Calm down it was a new movement into Newcastle and as i state i didnt know if it was planned or upgraded

nclops
30th Dec 2015, 13:20
It was always planned as a 321, not sure why but it definitely wasn't due to demand.

EK77WNCL
30th Dec 2015, 14:44
Just thought I'd put this out here -

EK stats for 2015, so far we've had 10 months of growth between 4-15% with only April posting -2% (likely due to Easter holiday variations as March was +15%, was it early this year?)

Jan-Dec 2014 = 215,737 LF - 62.78%
Jan-Nov 2015 = 212,357 LF - 67.35%

A rough calculation based on 11 months Jan-Nov gives an average annual growth of 8.09% therefore, if this occurs in December, the monthly figure should be somewhere around 20,329 and the full year figures somewhere between 232,686 - 233,101

Obviously this is just a little bit of fun and reflects very little on what will actually happen but it's good when you get quite near

I hope to be able to do the same for United next year when I get the first +/-% in May

BHX5DME
30th Dec 2015, 15:34
The NCL EK LF's are very low, by comparision BHX had 2,388 pax on it three flights on 29th - LF of 97%

I still think EK will improve at NCL and at some point may add a second flight

MANFOD
30th Dec 2015, 15:48
The NCL EK LF's are very low, by comparision BHX had 2,388 pax on it three flights on 29th - LF of 97%

That's a rather misleading comparison if I may say so. I realise you want to get a good plug in for BHX, but comparing a single day over a busy Christmas period with a LF at another airport measured over a full 11 months is not realistic. I bet BHX's LF in say May wasn't anything like 97%.

CabinCrewe
30th Dec 2015, 16:22
LF 'in the 60's' is still not where most airlines are aiming though...

HH6702
30th Dec 2015, 17:06
Are you working out using 428 seater each flight?
Being in mind that I think some days different type is being used so the figures will be different.

Can anyone tell me what the cargo difference is for the year compared to the pervious year?

Remember NCL makes money just on the cargo.
2 flight will happen in 2017

BHX5DME
30th Dec 2015, 17:39
MANFOD

I agree you cannot compare the festive BHX LF with NCL for the whole 11 months.

BHX in May 2015 in answer to your question was

Dubai = 42,697 pax 344 per flight LF= 80%

SWBKCB
30th Dec 2015, 17:50
Has it been confirmed that NCL makes money just on cargo, or is it rumour?

TSR2
30th Dec 2015, 18:00
Has it been confirmed that NCL makes money just on cargo, or is it rumour?

I would think that all airlines make money on cargo otherwise they would not carry it.

pallan
30th Dec 2015, 18:03
I'd imagine rumour, as with pretty much everything posted on here.

Including the further, very bold '2(nd) flight will happen in 2017' statement. HH6702, where is your evidence to back up such a statement, as well as the 'makes money just on the cargo' statement?

I'm curious... :rolleyes:

SWBKCB
30th Dec 2015, 18:07
TSR2 - the question was does EK make money on just cargo i.e. without any revenue from pax?

EK77WNCL
30th Dec 2015, 18:41
Yeah those LF's are based on 428 seat 2 class 77W, so "worst case scenario" load factors if you like. I'd hazard a guess at them being closer to 80% based on the frequency we end up getting 3 class frames. I'm sure for 2016 we'll be hitting 250,000 pax and therefore 73+% load factors, hopefully pushing 80% in the busier months, March/April, July-September and December-January. Hopefully May and June might hit 60% which is sustainable IMO for the low months.

I'm confident 10 weekly/2 daily will be announced Q1 2017 starting 1st September 2017 and we'll be looking at 300-320,000 pax for 2017 (275,000 on EK35/36 and another 25-45,000 in 4 months on EK33/34 seems quite realistic to me)

Does anyone have access to daily statistics from NCL? I've seen them posted allover from other airports but never us

GrahamK
30th Dec 2015, 19:23
I'm sure some folk in here would love NCL to fail.

EK77WNCL
30th Dec 2015, 19:47
Well how can a piddly little airfield up in that "north" place be expected to survive? Let alone thrive!

Flights to Heathrow, that's all we'll ever need

LiamNCL
31st Dec 2015, 09:06
Only Emirates will know what is made & 9 Years later they are still here after it was doomed to fail

Anyways enough of that rubbish is Hop still taking over the AF flights from Cityjet ?

Kev 1
31st Dec 2015, 10:43
Folks, below are the figures for calendar year (to November) 2015 pulled from the ek source:

Seats available: 268,400
Passengers flown: 212,357
Load Factor: 79.12%

Note that this is based on the mix of two/three class 777 that have flown the route, so its up for debate whether this is the true figure or whether the load factor should be calculated only on two class 777's (as this is what the flight is sold as).

Just to add my two-penneth, I think we are still some way off a 2nd daily Dubai (last time I flew back in November there were only 194 folks in economy, though business was full with 42). In my opinion, we are more likely to see Turkish Airlines (doubt we will see Qatar/Etihad any time soon) appear before we see a 2nd daily Dubai, but again I would also see this as at least a couple of years off - happy to be proved wrong though.

Kev

EK77WNCL
4th Jan 2016, 02:08
Where are those figures on the ek source? I'd love to see

I also wanted to ask, does anyone know the how TOM rotates it's 787's in and out of NCL? Is it a W pattern from LGW/MAN or what? I'm sure they've positioned out empty to GLA and LTN from NCL before as well, Cheers for any help!

LiamNCL
4th Jan 2016, 15:01
Thomson 787s Position empty from LGW , operate NCL-SFB-NCL-CUN-NCL then positions to either EMA-EDI. There is a extra CUN every 2 weeks i think from this summer

EK77WNCL
4th Jan 2016, 16:27
Could a based 787 ever be a possibility in the future? Or part based, positioning from NCL as opposed to from LGW?

I could see the potential for x1 weekly Sanford, 1.5 weekly Cancun, 0.5 weekly Puerto Vallarta and potentially x1 weekly to some "other" destination, like the Dominican, Cuba, maybe even Sri lanka or Thailand... Bangkok/Phuket are some of EK's top destinations from NCL after all

During the downtime TOM could increase capacity on routes like TFS and thus free up a 738 for routes like Cape Verde etc.

LiamNCL
4th Jan 2016, 20:33
Its already part based during Summer for 2 days if thats what you mean ? It wouldnt stick around to do a 738 job though ! I see alot of 787s doing Palma trips though in summer & NCL could easily fill a 787 or 767 on a W Pattern instead of having a 738 go down 2 or 3 times in a single day like last summer

EK77WNCL
4th Jan 2016, 22:51
It would be interesting to see if 4/5 days part based could work, I doubt they'll bother trying but it'd be nice to see some more non-stop exotic destinations. With the popularity of Cancun I could see a fortnightly Puerto Vallarta working at least

Beatts
5th Jan 2016, 22:32
It will be interesting to see what TOM use on the Dubai flights for there cruise this year.

GrahamK
6th Jan 2016, 02:30
It will be interesting to see what TOM use on the Dubai flights for there cruise this year.

787-8 planned

LiamNCL
6th Jan 2016, 05:42
Yeah Thomson will be using 787-800

GrahamK
6th Jan 2016, 07:50
I see TCX are reintroducing LPA on 321 this summer.

And what do we make of the possible FR to Belfast rumour over on the Belfast thread?

Jamesair
6th Jan 2016, 08:23
The article in the Irish Times seems to make it more than a rumour......all will be revealed tomorrow at the press conference.

HH6702
6th Jan 2016, 09:37
Good news for Ryanair adding BFS base if true

If they were to add NCL route I can see a bloodbath happening.
I would say flybe would be first to go.

Maybe easyjet will add more flights to try and keep Ryanair off but can't see it.
Just hope if they did start we don't loose both easyjet and flybe!

EK77WNCL
6th Jan 2016, 16:40
I'd say there's a distinct possibility Ryanair could offer a better schedule than Easyjet in terms of times and probably at lower prices... I wish they wouldn't though! 4 routes at NCL, 1 with competition from 1 airline (DUB) 1 with competition from 2 airlines (BFS) and 2 with competition from 3 airlines (ALC, AGP)!!!!!

Stansted would be nice... Please? Valencia or Seville etc. possibly, having said that PMI, FAO, ACE might be nice and would likely support it. Hoping they have more in the pipeline for us, I think a few based frames and a nice selection of sun/city routes would show them and other airlines what they've been missing out on

FRatSTN
6th Jan 2016, 17:18
I think it's only a matter of time. This is Ryanair after all, I'm sure a base at NCL is inevitable at some point in the future.

NCL-TRC
6th Jan 2016, 17:41
Will be interesting to see what/if anything EZY does to combat this recent FR invasion/expansion.

FRatSTN
6th Jan 2016, 17:53
Judging by previous examples over Europe, either nothing at all or reduce their capacity.

HeartyMeatballs
6th Jan 2016, 17:55
I think we all know the answer to that.

Lots of local we'll paid jobs with ezy replaced by commuters on zero hour contracts contributing nothing to the local economy. Then once any incentives dry up what will FR do then?

Short term lower fares and increased frequencies to the punters YES
Long term sustainable jobs and investments in the local area NO
When FR spit their dummy out and leave, will the long term impact be positive NO

Theyll come in, make some noise and then long term will do more harm than good. Never mind, the Boeing fan boys and those who still can't accept that London will never be sustainable from NCL except for LHR will be happy.

But seeing the back of EZY at NCL will make some happy on here.

Happy New Year y'all.

HH6702
6th Jan 2016, 18:16
Irish times confirms that ncl is on the list from Belfast.
Let's hope that easyjet and flybe don't run!!

Maybe we may see other routes from Ryanair from ncl too.
Maybe the deal was Ryanair has to do already up and running routes which makes money ALC,AGP,BFS before they will take the risk on new routes from ncl which are currently not served I.e
Bilbao
Saville
Madrid
Lisbon

The list could go on and on

SWBKCB
6th Jan 2016, 19:10
Hearty Meatballs 1 HH6702 0

G-TYNE
6th Jan 2016, 19:28
Is it any wonder people would welcome a new LCC with open arms? Sadly NCL has stagnated and it's resident carriers have become too comfortable - When I was forced to pay almost £400pp for a return flight to Corfu outside of peak season last year I was convinced of this!

Having been looking to book a different trip this week, fares from every airport in the North and Scotland are lower than with the LCCs at NCL, it's even cheaper to go via KLM through AMS!

I don't want to see an FR base, I just hope the current residents will take note of the fares FR and Vuelling are offering and realise that without change they could become easy targets at NCL.

LiamNCL
6th Jan 2016, 19:45
I might be wrong but im seeing 4x TCX flights airborne at once on Tuesdays this Summer ?

Departing
1400 NCL - HRG A321
1400 NCL - LPA A321
1355 NCL - HER A320

Arriving
1720 TFS - NCL A321

EDIT - Even though its still showing on the Summer Timetable Hurghada looks to have recently been dropped and is unbookable past late April ! I expect SSH to be replaced with something soon

Jamesair
7th Jan 2016, 21:40
Just been reading a press release about a new link between Gloucester (Staverton) and Newcastle starting in March operating on Mondays with a return on Thursdays. Reading between the lines it seems to be via IOM and not direct.

HH6702
7th Jan 2016, 21:57
I got told a few months back that NCL will have 4 based aircraft
maybe the system is starting to be updated to show this

MATELO
8th Jan 2016, 12:32
An ‘aggressive woman’ who forced a flight to Newcastle Airport to land has been banned for life and fined almost £7,000.

The 42-year-old from Sunderland received a lifetime ban from Jet2 and has been fined £6,800 for costs incurred after a flight from Tenerife to Newcastle was diverted to Ireland on New Year’s Day.

Flight LS518, which was carrying 161 passengers and six crew, was en route from Tenerife to Newcastle when it had to land at Shannon Airport in the West of Ireland after the passenger was verbally abusive to crew and became more disruptive as the flight progressed.

To protect the safety of everyone onboard she was offloaded and handed over to the local police. Passengers continued to Newcastle following a two hour delay.

Jet2 hands abusive Sunderland woman ban for life after she forced Newcastle Airport flight to land - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/jet2-hands-abusive-sunderland-woman-10704970)

HeartyMeatballs
8th Jan 2016, 14:58
Good on them. LS seem to be the ones with the right attitude toward inflight thugs.

EK77WNCL
11th Jan 2016, 01:22
Just flew NCL-BCN on Friday and BCN-NCL last night (Sunday) and managed to catch the F/O for a chat when he came out the cockpit (he promised I wasn't bothering him and he wasn't busy - I did ask to make sure) but he mentioned that NCL had a good year as an EZY base last year and things are looking good this year, 154 pax BCN-NCL and our outbound flight was very similar, I only spotted 1 empty seat outbound and I had a good scan whilst in the bog queue.

Anyway I mentioned to him that I'd love to see more from EZY at NCL, maybe a 4th based A/C and he said that with the fleet expansion and increased flexibility in the coming months and years, that NCL is likely in the running for expansion as it is doing well for them... We shall see!

I must say 154 pax (156 with 2 no shows - I checked the computer screen at BCN) is very impressive for this year!

BAladdy
11th Jan 2016, 02:59
Will be interesting to see what effect if any VY have on EZY's load factor an yields when they start flying the route.

Jamesair
11th Jan 2016, 08:16
Hopefully, VY will expand the market.

HH6702
11th Jan 2016, 08:41
With flights to HRG and SSH suspended for the summer it would be nice to see them move 1x A319 from gatwick to ncl however this wouldn't happen.

I believe it when I see it.
Maybe if VY Add a few more routes and jet2 base another aircraft or 2 maybe.
Ryanair 4x based then just may see easyjet jump with a fourth however I still believe that they are making more money basing the aircraft down south.

If Ryanair comes in on the rumoured BFS route this will eat into easyjet profit at ncl...

VentureGo
11th Jan 2016, 10:18
Anyone know why Ryanair from Dublin is holding overhead (at 5,925ft) for past 20mins while BA & AF are landing BMIR diverted (FR24)

EDIT: 11.26am FR174 now climbing past 10,000ft heading NW, Flybe from Exeter is now holding overhead at 11,000ft and EW from DUS on approach/overflying airport at 9,000ft (FR24

KNIEVEL77
11th Jan 2016, 10:27
Poor visibility where I am near the airport, looks like it's been diverted.
Looks like the Exeter flight is off to Edinburgh.

ericlday
11th Jan 2016, 10:50
Egnt 111120z vrb03kt 0100 r25/0150 fg ovc001 01/00 q0980

HeartyMeatballs
11th Jan 2016, 17:43
EZY have had a good year however what exactly 'good' means will only be known by those at the top.

It is now over five years since NCL went down to three aircraft. If it is doing well now with the current set up then a fourth aircraft might hit the economics of the base so I cannot see it growing any further. If it did then a summer only fourth aircraft would be the most likely but that would be a good few years away.

If U2 made a proper effort with easyJet Holidays there's no reason why they couldn't have the success that Jet2 Holidays have had. But as it stands it seems more of an after thought and very little different to simply buying a hotel during the flight booking process.

KNIEVEL77
14th Jan 2016, 09:21
Lots of aircraft in the hold at the minute, looks like the Heathrow flight is about to divert.

Airfrance7
14th Jan 2016, 09:50
Diverted to MAN

EI-A330-300
15th Jan 2016, 23:22
EI add extra weekly DUB service next summer, takes DUB to 15 weekly (x3 Mon/Fri)

VickersVicount
16th Jan 2016, 10:46
DXB Dec stats look good with big increase, but something doesnt seem quite right with it, did it only carry 18K last year?

HH6702
16th Jan 2016, 11:20
Sounds about right 17-20k per month.

What is the figures for this December ?

OltonPete
16th Jan 2016, 11:39
Per the CAA Provisional stats for December the Dubai figure was 21132 up 12%.

Probably the most significant aspect was the amount of two class 77W's that operated. 28 and out of 30 were the 428 seat version and just the two 360 version in the early part of December (4th & 5th) per Libhomeradar.

Libhomeradar indicates no flight on Christmas Day which means an average of 352 per flight at 83% load factor. Positive to say the least.

Pete

HH6702
16th Jan 2016, 15:33
Is that the highest figure for a month to date also?

Very good. Let's hope every month has big increases too

EK77WNCL
16th Jan 2016, 17:58
Very good news from Emirates there! (3rd best monthly figure, not far behind March '15 - 21,305 and August '15 - Finally they seem to be proving themselves just that little bit more from NCL, I really do think we'll see 2 daily announced for September 2017 by about Q1 2017. They might struggle filling 2 flights in May/June especially though... Bets on equipment? I think 77L, all the A330's/A340's and 77E's will be gone by then

Looking through the full year stats for EK in 2015, they had 233,489 pax for Jan-Dec '15, exceeding my prediction of 232,686 - 233,101 this represents 8.2% growth on 2014

Also good to see that Jet2 had the best turnout so far on their NCL-EWR Christmas shopping flights. 1094 vs 845 in Dec '14, should be seeing the 2016 round announced normally mid-March I think. Hoping to see the October half term flight return and maybe more throughout Nov/Dec. It's a shame their foray into Easter breaks including Toronto and Boston didn't work out, might we ever see them try again since things are in general "on the up" and with cheap fuel running those trusty 757's across the pond is becoming more worth their while... I'm intending on taking a trip to NYC with them from NCL in November

LiamNCL
17th Jan 2016, 17:55
I think if NCL was A380 friendly we would of seen a upgrade to a daily A380 more likely instead of a 2x Daily 77W but we know it wont happen

Ringwayman
17th Jan 2016, 18:15
Emirates would rather go double daily than send A380s to NCL. Would provide better connectivity for the region.

AerRyan
17th Jan 2016, 18:17
Emirates would rather go double daily than send A380s to NCL. Would provide better connectivity for the region.

I don't agree, they have ALOT of A380's at their disposal.

EK77WNCL
17th Jan 2016, 18:54
I don't know if EK has any medium haul routes that are 1 daily A380? ULH they are more reluctant to do more than 1 daily flight but routes like NCL, where they can return in a day, multiple daily flights to improve connectivity are preferable, then they look at things like A380's on the busier flight. 2nd daily evening flight would be better for the Dubai market, Dubai arrival and departure times are much better than they are currently. Normally about an 08:00 arrival vs 00:00 currently and departures about 16:00 vs 07:00, so I think that flight would be much more attractive for Dubai bound passengers, as well as for some connections that require a 9+ hour wait at DXB the way flights are now

SWBKCB
17th Jan 2016, 18:58
Unless somebodies busy writing a cheque to NIA for the mods, shall we give this one a rest?

GrahamK
17th Jan 2016, 19:10
Indeed, still plenty of seats needing filling before an upgrade.

The one thing that NCL doesnt have compared to MAN/BHX/GLA is a sizeable sub continent presence, but the EK seems to be doing well with ccontinued growth :ok:

Suzeman
17th Jan 2016, 19:23
Normally about an 08:00 arrival vs 00:00 currently and departures about 16:00 vs 07:00, so I think that flight would be much more attractive for Dubai bound passengers, as well as for some connections that require a 9+ hour wait at DXB the way flights are now

If you are doing business in the UAE, you can get a good nights kip in business class and save a night's hotel costs with an evening departure from the UK.

LiamNCL
17th Jan 2016, 19:34
Whatever the case hopefully good times ahead :ok:

Jamesair
20th Jan 2016, 09:43
Highlights and lowlights from the December Stats. Some of the domestic stats have not yet been published, namely Aberdeen, Cardiff and Stansted.

COPENHAGEN 1975 +25%
DUSSELDORF 3838 + 21%
DUBLIN 16,389 + 10%
ALICANTE 12,450 + 69%
MALAGA 6372 + 27%
GENEVA 5277 + 12%
PRAGUE 2420 + 13%
KRAKOW 2465 + 5%
DUBAI 21,132 +12%

BRUSSELS 1299 - 30%
CORK 556 - 56%
MALTA 2016 - 17%
FARO 2721 - 4%
BARCELONA 3151 - 33%
STAVANGER 1094 - 20%
AMSTERDAM 30,149 - 2%
PARIS 13,131 - 1%

BELFAST INT. 19,570 + 18%
I.O.M 373 +12%
SOUTHAMPTON 8898 + 16%
BRISTOL 13,875 + 15%

HEATHROW 29,707 - 30%
BELFAST CITY 1397 - 45%
BIRMINGHAM 527 - 27%
EXETER 2984 - 8%

fl dutchman
20th Jan 2016, 12:48
Some good numbers. However I think the LHR figures are a bit suspect. Expect them to be updated at some time.

fa2fi
20th Jan 2016, 13:06
What about BCN? November shows a 40% increase. December a 30% decrease. These figures are year on year??

Jamesair
20th Jan 2016, 13:23
yes, year on year comparisons

fl dutchman
20th Jan 2016, 13:54
All of the domestics from LHR are showing massive decreases in numbers for Dec. They cant be correct surely. Suspect there is an error somewhere in the stats.

Im also surprised at BCN. Was there not extra flights added by Vueling in Dec?

fa2fi
20th Jan 2016, 14:03
Thanks.

I'm not convinced these are accurate. As far as I know U2 haven't dropped the BCN frequency a great deal and Vueling had a couple of flights too.

EK77WNCL
20th Jan 2016, 22:43
I very much hope LHR and BCN aren't finalised yet, they do seem to be way off.

Good amounts of growth there though! Looks like Ryanair's doing a good job with Alicante, and other operators growing on the route as well!

Also, has Easyjet always been x6 weekly to BCN in the summer? I thought they were x5 but they're showing x6 for S16, as well as x3 from Vueling

What is the problem with Cork?!?! Downhill since Jet2 went

NCL-TRC
20th Jan 2016, 23:59
I think the problem with Cork at the moment is the flight times, Saturday and Wednesday doesn't really fit the profile of a route that is meant to be a weekend city break type destination, hopefully with 5 flights per week in the summer we might see this one pick back up again.

HH6702
21st Jan 2016, 20:13
Anyone seen the evening chronicle website?
The old ATC tower to be turned into a viewing area for the public

What's your thoughts ?

SWBKCB
21st Jan 2016, 20:19
Good news - I've already started a thread about the possible spectators gallery in the "Spectators Gallery" forum!

ATNotts
22nd Jan 2016, 06:52
Anyone seen the evening chronicle website?
The old ATC tower to be turned into a viewing area for the public

What's your thoughts ?

Well done Newcastle! Is the airport run by Germans?

Seriously, shame BHX won't consider doing similar with the upper floors of the old terminal - and the control tower that sits on top.

EK77WNCL
22nd Jan 2016, 14:50
There is a similar set up at BHX, I've been in it, but it was opened specially for the Biman DC10 and you aren't normally allowed in there... Unless they leave the door unlocked and you know the way in ;)

Joking aside don't try and break in...

HH6702
26th Jan 2016, 01:45
One to watch out for as Newcastle airport confirms that talks are on going with Turkish airlines to start flights from ncl

Also more routes from germanwings (euro wings)

SWBKCB
26th Jan 2016, 06:07
You'd be surprised if they weren't, but interesting to see names being named

Newcastle Airport targets Cumbrian flyers (http://www.in-cumbria.com/Newcastle-Airport-targets-Cumbrian-flyers-98cd71b5-5f30-47c8-a6b3-08bffb12df59-ds)

Mr Laws accepts that access is the main bugbear for passengers from Cumbria, particularly by public transport, although a new access road from the A69, to open in 2019, should improve the journey for motorists.

Not heard about an A69 link road before - anybody know any more? 2019 just round the corner in new road terms?

Travel Agent
26th Jan 2016, 08:36
Last I heard it was to be a link road from Throckley to the North Brunton / Great Park area of the A1, I'm sure it was in the Chronicle a few years back, but heard nothing since.

ash666
26th Jan 2016, 08:38
I wish the Metro would put on an earlier train to get people there for the 6am flight check-ins, ie arrive about 4.30am.

VentureGo
26th Jan 2016, 10:08
No Eurowngs flight to Dusseldorf today! (Would have been the A320 Tuesday service) Has this been pulled for some reason...lack of demand etc...?

edit: Not showing as being bookable for next Tuesday (2nd Feb) either.

toon22
26th Jan 2016, 10:13
No flight last Tuesday either.

Jamesair
26th Jan 2016, 10:23
The remaining domestic pax figures have now been published by the CAA

STANSTED 855
ABERDEEN 1,146 - 36%
CARDIFF 919 + 28%

The Heathrow figure remains unchanged

Sam Chipperfield
26th Jan 2016, 14:10
Apparently Dusseldorf Tuesday is back on the 9th of February, Would be Great for Turkish to come here, Apparently the Airport wants Ryanair to Base some Planes here to, Would be Good to get more German Routes to

EK77WNCL
26th Jan 2016, 20:11
I really feel like EZY are the people to do EU city routes for us, they perform well on BCN, GVA and NCE and on BRS and BFS. I see no reason they couldn't make MXP, MUC, SXF, VCE, MAD etc. and many more work

I really hope NCL gets some of this recent UK growth it deserves

EK77WNCL
1st Feb 2016, 01:13
Good news from AF/KL today, over 500,000 pax for 2015 is good going!

Air France-KLM makes Newcastle Airport vow after passenger success (From The Northern Echo) (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/news/14240643.Air_France_KLM_makes_Newcastle_Airport_vow_after_pa ssenger_success/)

Wondering if frequency or capacity increases could be in the pipeline?

HeartyMeatballs
1st Feb 2016, 05:32
It would be nice to have AF mainline. Those CityJet 146s are ghastly things inside. Maybe when the Sukhois arrive it will be better. They won't be 6 seats wide.

KNIEVEL77
1st Feb 2016, 10:33
Eurowings just diverted to Manchester. There must be some nasty weather over the airfield at the minute.

Beatts
2nd Feb 2016, 20:18
Got MT9514 showing as a TCX charter to Lourdes on 26th next month using the A330-200, if correct could be a good catch!

VentureGo
4th Feb 2016, 08:37
This morning's flight from Dubai has been diverted to TZX Trabzon Airport (East Black Sea region of Turkey) as per FR24
Seems like more than a medical emergency landing.
Newcastle Airport Arrivals is showing an esteimated Provisional Arrival time of 2050 this evening and a delayed Departure time of 2230. Check in has also been delayed from this morning until 1830 this evening.

LiamNCL
4th Feb 2016, 15:17
Replacement A6-EGS in Trabzon now should be leaving soon

ash666
4th Feb 2016, 18:27
Flight EK35 bound to Newcastle from Dubai forced to land due to technical fault - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/flight-ek35-bound-newcastle-dubai-10837419#ICID=FB-Chron-main)

EK77WNCL
4th Feb 2016, 18:30
Hope the A330 is true, also I believe there is meant to be a charter to Bergen on Saturday 13th... What airline or aircraft I do not know though

nclops
4th Feb 2016, 20:30
The TCX 330 Lourdes flight is correct and I think Bergen charters are Jet2 on the 733.

EK77WNCL
4th Feb 2016, 21:11
Cheers nclops, do you know of anything else? I feel as though we're due some interesting movements it's been a while... Not seen the Kuwaiti's for ages!

jensdad
4th Feb 2016, 23:49
Bearing in mind 'the Kuwaitis'' cargo, I'd be a bit disappointed if anyone let us all know in advance when they are going to be turning up (and when a few truckloads of cash are making their way up the Western Bypass)!

Heathrow Harry
5th Feb 2016, 11:31
we've discussed this before - everyone knows about it and its several zillion Kuwaiti dinars - mianly in low denomination notes

If you knock it over you'll have a real problem buying a beer down the Bigg Market with them and then trying to export several tons of them to Kuwait isn't going to be easy either

I don't think even N Rock ran dinar accounts....................

highwideandugly
5th Feb 2016, 13:14
No..they just used L.V,s in their canteen!! :)

jensdad
5th Feb 2016, 18:04
Fair point Harry. Still, probably not the sort of thing they'll want to advertise.

EK77WNCL
5th Feb 2016, 19:20
I've heard about them a few days in advance before, maybe a week... Do De La Rue still do the money for them? And are the Kuwaiti's the biggest bulk buyers? Never see any other nationalities coming over for their cash

highwideandugly
5th Feb 2016, 21:43
Think you will find most of these "special" flights go out of Robin Hood and Stansted.
Newcastle. Not able to handle...

N707ZS
6th Feb 2016, 10:11
EK77WNCL when the Euro first came out there was a regular IL-76 shuttle.

Thought I saw something in the media were the factory was being reduced or moved?

FFHKG
6th Feb 2016, 11:11
All Euro notes that begin with the letter H at the start of the serial number are printed by De La Rue in Gateshead irrespective of the country which issues them