PDA

View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 8

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

skhwoody
26th Feb 2009, 10:36
skhwoody

Read my post again....

Quote:
It was either not profitable to be axed or not as profitable as others.

consider my hand slapped

skyman771
26th Feb 2009, 12:33
EK is down by nearly 1,000.
How have EK pax no.'s held up at the other UK provincials, is this a national or regional trend ?

GrahamK
26th Feb 2009, 13:09
Actually, it's only down by around 660...which is around a 5% drop

As for the other EK exclusive UK airports:
MAN : Down nearly 3,000 which is about 5%
BHX: Down by around 800 which is around 2%
GLA: Down by 2,500 which is 12%
LGW: Down 3,000 a 7% drop.

Other destinations from NCL:
BRU: -37%
CPH: -34%
CDG: -8%
DUS: -19%
HAJ: -32%
DUB: -7%
AMS: -9%
BCN: -24%
ALC: -12%
AGP: -29%
PMI: -45%
TFS: -16%
SVG: +115% :ok:
GVA: -2%
KRK: -68%
SSH: -56%

As you can see, not good reading. This recession is definitely not doing NCL any favours whatsover

TOPPROP
26th Feb 2009, 13:31
Emirates were advertising this morning on Classic FM(a NATIONAL Radio Station) deals from Newcastle to the likes of Austraila from £600!! My point being a national radio station advertising flights from Newcastle, why no mention of deals or flights from London or Birmingham?

GrahamK
26th Feb 2009, 13:34
TOPPROP, I've noticed that EK like to do special deals from airports individually. A couple of weeks ago there was a load of special offers available from GLA. And before that from BHX and MAN.

apaul
26th Feb 2009, 15:19
If the January 2009 flight numbers are compared to January 2008 then you need to bear in mind substantial frequency changes e.g. Brussels 1 flight a day not 2, Krakow service stopped part way through the month, Stavanger new service by Eastern plus no ferry service anymore. Agreed they show overall that the recession has had a substantial impact, but you have to be careful with the individual figures.

GrahamK
26th Feb 2009, 16:33
Pretty sure that BRU was 1 a day last year as well. Still, a very substantial decrease from a few years ago when BRU was getting around 8,000 pax per month

Sam Chipperfield
28th Feb 2009, 09:44
Yep good news from Summer 09 NCL a A319 base for EZY:ok:

Sam Chipperfield
28th Feb 2009, 09:50
Does any1 no of any new routes from NCL and any routes being withdrawn?

also thought Jet2 were going 2 start doing transatlantic flights from NCL

Ops Guy
28th Feb 2009, 10:53
Sam

EZY A319's have been planned to come to NCL for sometime now, so this isn't new news. (6 this summer)

New routes this year is EZY Malta. However other carriers already fly there. TCX are picking up some of the lost XL routes and BMI are here for a few month I believe.

Routes being withdrawn: EZY PRG + KRK, FR SNN. There could be more (I just can't remember, ask Skyman or HH6702).

No, Jet 2 have no plans to go transatlantic from NCL.

I would be supprised if we get anymore new routes / airlines in NCL this year.

Hope this answers your questions. Welcome to PPRuNe. :ok:

CentreFix25
28th Feb 2009, 16:05
EZY have had 2 x A319s based at NCL for weeks now.

Sam Chipperfield
28th Feb 2009, 20:19
Cheers 4 the welcome. I noticed an A321 coming in on friday, can any1 confirm it was Aer Lingus ???

Robert William
28th Feb 2009, 22:28
Ei had a LMC on friday due tech probs with the sched A320

Travel Agent
1st Mar 2009, 09:00
Sam,

I would of thought they will be introduced by end of March when "summer" starts for lowco's

_ShIfTy_
1st Mar 2009, 13:32
Just to clarify, Newcastle has had 2 based A319's Since November, the other 3 Based aircraft being 737's. Newcastle will still be a Boeing/Airbus base during the summer. Easyjet are planning to remove the Boeing's at the end of this year, when the final Boeing crews leave for their type rating.

ShIfTy.

Jamesair
5th Mar 2009, 11:44
TUIfly winter timetable 09/10 just announced.

NCL - Hanover twice weekly Fri and Sun

apaul
5th Mar 2009, 13:48
A shame that the Hanover frequency has been reduced. But at least the Friday flight is now scheduled early enough to catch the train into the city centre. Dublin is another route where frequencies have been cut sharply. No Aer Lingus flights after April and only one Ryanair flight a day with the return leaving at 6.30am.

transwede
5th Mar 2009, 18:40
It was noted earlier on that FR was cutting frequencies ex DUB due another disagreement with airport authorities in DUB. This coming summer Ei will retain their existing DUB frequency, next summer nobody knows!! It is tough for all airlines at the moment, with severe cost cutting taking place. I'm guessing any routes not generating enough revenue will get chopped and quite often these originate in regional airports.

apaul
5th Mar 2009, 20:04
I doubt EI will be flying to NCL after 30 April 2009. That's the latest date you can book the journey on its website.

GrahamK
5th Mar 2009, 20:52
Yup, just noticed you can't book after April 30th.
FR will be operating NCL-DUB 9 x weekly, with a second flight on fridays and sundays

skhwoody
6th Mar 2009, 01:40
I doubt EI will be flying to NCL after 30 April 2009. That's the latest date you can book the journey on its website.

they have oversubscribed planes for routes and thats the reason they are removing the service, quite bad for NCL when you consider that FR are reducing from 14 to 9 flights around the same time

Sam Chipperfield
6th Mar 2009, 14:45
I was wondering how many Aircraft will b based up here 4 the summer 09 and Will they base any of there Embraer 190's up here

Sam Chipperfield
6th Mar 2009, 14:48
I also wonder if BA will use there A321's Again for the summer. Saw 1 this Afternoon come in G-EUXH

Jamesair
6th Mar 2009, 17:01
I notice that Ryanair's latest press statement says that if the Tourist Tax was removed they would re-instate all the flights to be cancelled at Dublin and Shannon.

GrahamK
6th Mar 2009, 18:35
The EI DUB flight is being cancelled in order to add extra frequencies to Gatwick from what I read elsewhere, dunno how true that is, or whether it's just very poor advanced bookings?

globetrotter79
7th Mar 2009, 09:54
GrahamK

Not so sure about the NCL-DUB being axed to enable extra frequencies on LGW-DUB. Since the initial "new" summer EI service LGW-DUB was announced, they appear to have quietly dropped one daily frequency: it is now five per day compared with the original planned six.

Sam Chipperfield
7th Mar 2009, 10:01
would like to see Emirates do 2 flights a day to Dubai. Would be interseting if they did and used a 777 for on of the flights

maxtoon
7th Mar 2009, 10:17
The Emirates load factors are good but would not justify a 2nd daily flight at the moment and especially not if the second flight was a 777.

Hovever I think a single 777 on the daily flight may be the next step but given the current financial climate I don't think the demand would be there.

Channex101
7th Mar 2009, 10:36
At a recent EK meeting at NCL airport they confirmed that the B777-200 is being reviewed for NCL however a 2nd daily flight will not happen as the load factor in economy isnt enough to justify a 2nd daily rotation

Sam Chipperfield
7th Mar 2009, 12:31
It would be better if EK used 777-200's like instead of the same A330's

Hope this happens :ok:

Sam Chipperfield
7th Mar 2009, 12:37
Any new long haul flights gonna start from NCL ?

transwede
7th Mar 2009, 13:04
Unless they are introduced by tour operators through sales of package tours, I would very much doubt it in the current economic climate. Currently we have on the charter side Cancun, Orlando and Toronto and of course the scheduled EK DXB service. We recently lost frequency on some fo the charter routes and PUJ was pulled all together. However, this winter has been big for cruise charters with sporadic departures to Barbados, La Romana and Santa Domingo.

IMHO I would say any new long haul routes are atleast 2-3 years away, but I could be wrong?? Maybe the 787, when eventually introduced may give hope??

en2r
7th Mar 2009, 15:17
I notice that Ryanair's latest press statement says that if the Tourist Tax was removed they would re-instate all the flights to be cancelled at Dublin and Shannon.
Ryanair used the tourist tax as a scapegoat for reducing/axing underperforming routes. MOL never admits that a route isn't performing, its always someone elses fault if a route fails.

maxtoon
7th Mar 2009, 15:29
It's strange that during this economic downturn and reduction of flights/operators from NCL we have a huge amount of construction work going on landside. Alongside the new onsite hotel which is almost finished and the construction of the Petrol Station advancing.The Britannia hotel has now put in a planning application to double the size of its onsite hotel. There is obviously quite some demand for rooms yet at the same time we are seeing pax numbers fall ..

hmm ... :hmm:

northumberlandairway
7th Mar 2009, 15:56
But surely NCL is now going to be massively underserved to DUB.

Up until recently you could book yourself onto about 22 or 23 flights a week, now we're down to just nine. That's a huge cut. The timings are also atrocious when there is only one flight a day.

The economy has slowed but it hasn't stopped altogether. After SNN, Oslo, BGY it is obvious Ryanair simply does not like NCL.

Jamesair
7th Mar 2009, 16:16
MAXTOON

The hotel industry has to look well ahead and project the number of rooms required in, say five/ten years time when, hopefully the airport will be once again on a growth tack. Hence decisions to build/extend have to be taken and executed well in advance.

Jamesair
7th Mar 2009, 16:27
Tomorrow (Sunday) seems to be unusually busy for Jet2 with 7 departures on the board....excluding the mail flights.

maxtoon
7th Mar 2009, 18:20
yup, also noticed that LS6551 is showing on the Arrivals board ... arriving from 'Newcastle' at 20:00 tomorrow :confused:

SWBKCB
7th Mar 2009, 18:58
Mar 7 2009 by Adam Jupp, The Journal

A GERMAN airline has reported soaring numbers of passengers using Newcastle International Airport. In a boost for The Journal’s Think North East First campaign, Lufthansa says more than 75% more people chose their service from Newcastle to Dusseldorf last year.

The carrier puts the huge increase down to the fact it doubled the number of daily flights to the German city in 2008. Business leaders have taken advantage of the service to take meetings on the continent, as well as connecting with flights to destinations across the globe.

Marianne Sammann, Lufthansa’s General Manager for the UK & Ireland, travelled to Tyneside to reveal the 78.4% rise in passenger figures. She said: “We feel this is a great success story as it goes against what we are seeing nationally, where passenger figures are slightly down. Of course, we launched a second daily flight, so we expected a slight rise, but to see a 78.4% is amazing, especially in the current climate. We feel this shows the people of the North East are prepared to back their local airport and we also put the success down to the service we offer for competitive prices.”

Lufthansa came to Newcastle International Airport in 1996, but increased its presence last year, adding a second daily service to Dusseldorf. In 2007, 20,472 flew to the German city from Tyneside but that increased to 35,526 in 2008. Dusseldorf acts as a strong hub destination for onward flights to Europe and beyond.

The most popular connection locations for people flying out of Newcastle are Dresden, Berlin, Munich and Hamburg but places like New York and Ho Chi Minh City also do well.

Ms Sammann said Lufthansa had no immediate plans to add further routes to their portfolio from Newcastle but the situation would be monitored closely.

She said: “We recently saw bmi pull out of Durham Tees Valley and so we think there is a strong chance North East customers will see our flights as a way to connect with destinations previously served by the bmi service.”

Graeme Mason, head of planning and corporate affairs at Newcastle International, said: “We’re very pleased to have the twice daily Lufthansa service to Dusseldorf. This is a major German airport and a key hub for access to destinations worldwide. The business connections this route provides to the North East region are vital in these tough economic times.”

Ops Guy
7th Mar 2009, 19:29
EK 777

Forget about it!!!!. There isn't the demand to support a daily 777 nor twice daily on the A332 in the current climate. ;)

There aren't any mail flights on a Sunday:=

On a more positive note, we have a brand new runway:ok:

flybar
7th Mar 2009, 21:02
Tomorrow (Sunday) seems to be unusually busy for Jet2 with 7 departures on the board....excluding the mail flights.

Chamberry being operated by the EDI based aircraft picking up and dropping off at Newcastle on route. The evening charter is a Virgin 'Fear of Flying' trip.

fl dutchman
7th Mar 2009, 21:43
With the current 2 daily RYR and the almost daily EI, I believe there is over capacity on the route. However with EI going and RYR down to once on most days, it has gone from one extreme to another with massive under capacity.
The pax numbers on this route should easily support 2 daily flights. However because of the 3 flights and overcapacity the yields could currently be lower and make the routes unprofitable due to dilution of income by lowering fares in light of the competition.
The timing of the remaining RYR flights are not good for a once daily service, this and a no day return facility will hit pax nos hard.
Hopefully things will return to normal one day.

CentreFix25
8th Mar 2009, 14:46
One offs, I suspect to meet up with cruise ships.

You will get a lot of your questions answered here...

Newcastle Airport - Timetables (http://www.newcastleairport.com/FlightInformation/Timetables.htm)

skyman771
8th Mar 2009, 21:25
Ops Guy
EK 777 Forget about it!!!!. There isn't the demand to support a daily 777 nor twice daily on the A332 in the current climate
At last a sensible comment ! back to reality !:D:D

Dublin Despite all the conjecture as to capacity decrease on this route & the predictable 'pops' at RYR, then I have every reason to suggest that this route simply does not make money. I have strong business connections with Eire and many of my colleagues travel regularly, myself more occasionally and can make the following observation that although LF's are normally fairly high 70% plus, the yield in revenue must be very low as seat costs are invariably rock bottom even when booked with as little as two weeks notice. I fear that what one will notice with the drop in capacity is that "reality" will return to pricing on this route. The business traveler will pay more, LF's will also increase and if there are a few who are unable to travel, then I doubt it will be RYR's loss as these will simply be at the low revenue end leisure pax.
From another view point, then the best solution one could ever hope for is for EI to run services both in & outbound to connect with EI's DUB transatlantic services, a considerable area for traffic growth with good marketing. But then this seems to "off the radar" to the management at EI for whatever reason & even less likely with RYR on the route:E

Sam Chipperfield
12th Mar 2009, 11:41
Anyone see 2 Thomas Cook A320's lst Sunday anyone no what happened to the scheduled 757 ?

Jamesair
12th Mar 2009, 15:34
WIZZAIR announced a new route from Prague to Liverpool starting in July. I hope the Airport Management are talking to them about a replacement for the EZY route to Prague.

Sam Chipperfield
13th Mar 2009, 17:51
Would B Good If Wizzair Came 2 NCL. But Can't C That Happening :(

maxtoon
13th Mar 2009, 18:03
Just been on local news about tough times at NCL airport ... Job cuts are imminent !!

:sad:

andrewmcharlton
13th Mar 2009, 19:52
I think it actually said there have been 10 redundancies, I didn't hear them mention any additional ones.

transwede
13th Mar 2009, 20:23
It would not be unexpected for them to make job cuts, but I suspect the redundancies made were due to restructuring in order to save costs. NIA are not the only ones who have or who are making cuts - both Servisair and Swissport have made staffing cuts. Overall the airport has predicted a drop in passenger numbers, but in reality IMHO I think this maybe due to lower loads on flights, as we do not seem to have lost a substantial amount fo flights overall or have we? I know EZY/FR/EI have or will drop a few routes/sectors, but is there more?:ooh:

HH6702
15th Mar 2009, 10:14
looks like dublin is only 2x daily on friday and sundays.
i thought ryanair were going back to 2x daily and having shannon when the tax got dropped??

shannon still not on sale

Channex101
15th Mar 2009, 12:10
No disrespect to anyone laid off to the airpot, its a tough time for anyone in aviation, not just those working directly for an airline. However, I have one question.... are the staff security staff? I use NCL on a VERY regular basis, and have worked from NCL airport for 10 years now, I am curious to know why there are several security screening points, yet ive NEVER seem them all in use at the same time, I regularly come through about tea time on a sunday when the airport is slightly busy (and this is winter.. summer is worse) and there is only ever 1 security screener on, no fast track, so all those passengers end up pushing into the normal Q, that followed by staff and crew going airside makes for a long wait, IF the fast track is in use ive seen staff stand idle on that machine not allowing the rest of us to use it while its free? and its not the first time i have joined the Q for security at the top of the esculator and stood in line for upto 45 mins!! You can get through LGW and LHR quicker than that!!

Just a thought, when i heard NCL airport might need to shed staff im praying its not security staff!!

fl dutchman
15th Mar 2009, 13:16
HH6702 re Ryanair
Has the tax at Dublin been scrapped?

skhwoody
16th Mar 2009, 10:54
quite a lot of new jobs created in security the last few weeks, so i doubt the loss is through them. They seem to be very understaffed if nothing else

CentreFix25
16th Mar 2009, 15:02
Security was as thin as it could be - couldnt get any thinner, IT & admin was effected but that wouldnt account for all 10.

apaul
16th Mar 2009, 17:15
Flybe's sale page at Flybe.com - Up to Half Price flight sale (http://www.flybe.com/en/sale/) has Newcastle to Birmingham listed as a new route, yet you can't actually book it and it does not appear in the timetables section. Anyone know whether they are actually going to fly the route?

HH6702
16th Mar 2009, 18:41
Sad news for DTV Ryanair are pulling DTV to dublin from july

transwede
16th Mar 2009, 19:19
Another result of FR's dismay at Irish Government? Drastic reduction in capacity now from NE to Ireland, with Shannon and Galway gone and DUB reduced.

Flybe BHX I have often wondered when this route would pop up? Who knows if it is going to happen?

HH6702
16th Mar 2009, 19:47
think this route would only work if 2x daily early morning and late evening if not the route wont last and it will be like when flybe tried ABZ!

HH6702
16th Mar 2009, 19:49
Summer 2010 will be going on sale in a few weeks time.
i know its a long way away but has anyone heard of any rumours for what the charter airlines are planning??

any new routes?
:ok:

airhumberside
16th Mar 2009, 20:34
Most Summer 2010 brochures (short haul anyway) being delayed until July this year so agents can concentrate on selling this summer. So will have to wait longer than normal this year

ihadcontrol
17th Mar 2009, 19:31
Was reading about a ATC sim thats just opened at Newcastle. Anyone any insider news on this? How much does it cost?

Makes me sound like a bit of a geek but think it'd be a bit of fun one afternoon!

heslop2006
17th Mar 2009, 21:30
If you go on the drop down list on the site, for NCL it has listed:

ALC/AMS/AUN/BHD/EGC/BES/CWL/EXT/FAO/GCI/HAJ/JER/LRH/LIG/LGW/AGP/NCE/LDG/PGF/RNS and SOU

EDIT: Realised, most are NCl-SOU/EXT-Then to that dest.

en2r
17th Mar 2009, 22:46
looks like dublin is only 2x daily on friday and sundays.
i thought ryanair were going back to 2x daily and having shannon when the tax got dropped??

shannon still not on sale
HH6702
The travel tax has not been dropped, and is unlikely to be dropped anytime soon. Shannon remains axed and Dublin remains reduced.

andrewmcharlton
17th Mar 2009, 23:39
Given that the Irish economy is well and truly shagged, way beyond the UK's, they have gone for the "we're skint tax 'em all" option rather that "monetary easing" so expect more taxes from the emerald isle in the next emergency budget not less. BIFFO is making his mark.

CentreFix25
20th Mar 2009, 19:23
Brand spanking new EZY A319 (G-EZFF) to be based from 20.30 tonight, inbound from STN.

Sam Chipperfield
21st Mar 2009, 08:45
Happy Days. Is that the 3rd aircraft being based up here or is it replacing one of the 2 already up here?

maxtoon
21st Mar 2009, 10:10
NCL only just broke the 5 million pax mark in 2008. Almost 600K down on 2007.

Could have been a lot worse I suppose with all the service cuts/lost routes etc.

transwede
22nd Mar 2009, 11:08
SAGA Airlines of Turkey will operate a summer series of charters on behalf of a tour operator to DLM and BJV. These replace the former FHY and XQ flights. Anyone hazard a guess as to what equipment will be used and whats SAGA's reputation?

Sam Chipperfield
22nd Mar 2009, 13:36
Just Looked Up Saga There Fleet Is :

2 Airbus A310-304 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A310-304) (one operated for Air Algérie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Alg%C3%A9rie) the other for Ariana Afghan Airlines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariana_Afghan_Airlines))
2 Boeing 737-400 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737-400) (which are operated for Air Algérie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Alg%C3%A9rie))
2 Boeing 737-800 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737-800) (which are operated for Air Algérie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Alg%C3%A9rie))

GayFriendly
22nd Mar 2009, 13:44
Saga operated an A310 into BHX on behalf of PIA to/from Islamabad maybe two years ago (?) when PIAs Airbus fleet was banned from flying into European airspace - as far as I remember there were no major delays or tech issues for the fairly lengthy time they operated this service

SWBKCB
22nd Mar 2009, 13:59
Just read elsewhere that Tailwind A/L of Turkey will be operating B.734's into MAN this summer, same outfit?

Also, didn't Saga have a B.734 based out of EMA a couple of years ago - operating for KM/XL?

CentreFix25
22nd Mar 2009, 17:02
The airlines website list their fleet...

SAGA Airlines (http://www.sagaairlines.com/EN/fleet.htm)

flybar
22nd Mar 2009, 18:40
Wasn't the A310 that Shaheen used on their service to LBA from this operator?

HH6702
22nd Mar 2009, 21:08
Can anybody post the details of the flights cant find them anywhere on the net?

transwede
23rd Mar 2009, 09:55
They are operated on behalf of Scottravel Holidays.

THU SGX4104 DLM 2125 A/C type unknown
SAT SGX6104 DLM 0945 A/C type unknown
SAT SGX542 BJV 2005 A/C type unknown - presuming flights to be operated by their 737-800 aircraft???

LBA
23rd Mar 2009, 12:25
Yep, TC-SGC operated the Shaheen LBA-ISB flights.

Sam Chipperfield
25th Mar 2009, 13:38
New Ryanair This Morning From Gerona EI-EBE

Sam Chipperfield
25th Mar 2009, 13:41
G-EZDU other A319 EZY Up Here At Minute

andrewmcharlton
25th Mar 2009, 14:17
Is the arrival of a new hull the only newsworthy items kicking around?

fl dutchman
25th Mar 2009, 20:53
Some NCL flights on sale, ie Belfast, Barcelona, Geneva, Palma, Faro, Paris, Murcia and Malta. No Stansted, Bristol, Malaga, Alicante at moment. Is it going to be a 4 aircraft base next winter?

HH6702
26th Mar 2009, 23:16
looks like the GVA leaves ncl early in the morning and then does a (W)

NCL-GVA-???-GVA-NCL

Tuesday flight to MJV also

NCL-MJV-???-MJV-NCL

Jamesair
27th Mar 2009, 17:46
Nice to see the Dominican Republic return to our destinations list for Winter 09/10 with a new airport.....Casa de Campo. operated by TUI Thomson.

Keyvon
27th Mar 2009, 17:55
@ Jamesair

These are only 3 depatures which cater for holidaymakers who have booked a Caribbean cruise with Thomson.
"Casa de Campo" stands for La Romana airport.

Jamesair
27th Mar 2009, 18:54
Thanks Keyvon.....oh well.....at least its 3 flts to the Dominicon Republic but none to Cancun for the winter season from Thomson.....long haul very thin on the ground.

transwede
27th Mar 2009, 19:09
Long haul is always very thin on the ground during the winter months. Only this year have we seen an increase, primarily due to cruise charters to LRM, BGI, SDQ and MIA. I often think a long haul charter destination would prove popular during the winter months, but obviously the demand is not there or charter operators would operate one. Remember NCL's long haul capacity has droppped for the coming summer. 1 flight less to CUN, 2 lost to Dom Rep.

DL93
27th Mar 2009, 23:12
On the subject of long haul- does any one know what plans there is for the TOM 767-300 parked remotely??

paarmo
28th Mar 2009, 00:02
Any comments on the accounts?
I understand the previous post was closed down in part due to speculation but now they have been published I presume the embargo placed on any comment by the moderators has now finished as long as the comments are not libellous etc.
Nice work if you can get it. Borrow money for your employer and have a contract in place which means you collect a healthy bonus.
The man should have been a banker.

Jamesair
28th Mar 2009, 11:39
Transwede

I agree....I seem to remember they used to do a winter charter series to Florida...just seems that with proper promotion this is an ideal destination for a getaway during our winter.

OltonPete
28th Mar 2009, 12:22
HH6702

The Newcastle Geneva seems to match the Bournemouth times
from the third week in December: NCL-GVA-BOH-GVA-NCL.

No idea re the MJV though but I have only glanced over the schedule.

Pete

nclops
28th Mar 2009, 17:04
DL93

The TOM 767 has just been parked up, gonna be there for a few weeks, no plans for it at present.

Travel Agent
30th Mar 2009, 08:03
I would like to see some winter departures to Gambia from Newcastle. It's only a 6 hour flight and when introduced to other regionals such as BRS, EMA and GLA they have done really well. For guaranteed winter sunshine and just a short flight I would think it could be a great option.

ash666
30th Mar 2009, 08:09
would it draw people away from the Canaries? (back to the bucket and spade argument!)

Jamesair
30th Mar 2009, 11:24
Don't forget that we have Sharm el Sheik as a regular Winter Sun destination now....that offers a Canary Islands alternative

Travel Agent
30th Mar 2009, 19:49
I would'nt of thought so, it would just give people an alternative with 30c + tempratures and away from the "Euro Zone". Very reasonable in price with the economy the way it is and as a certain supermarket says "every litlle helps"

fl dutchman
31st Mar 2009, 00:01
Noticed that the LHR reduces to 5x daily during August,(about 6 hrs between some flights) I appreciate some business services reduce during school hols, but have not seen it before on the LHR service.

Is this another sign of the current situation?. Also If my info is correct a similar reduction for a few days in May also.

KL-- 4x daily to AMS this summer!

Sam Chipperfield
1st Apr 2009, 14:25
Noticed a Thomsonfly 2 Miami departing on the 2nd April. Any1 No What 4?

lukeylad
1st Apr 2009, 14:32
Cruise Charter! Im guessing thats why the TOM 763 has been here all week.

Good to see BA sending 757s on the NCL-LHR Flights again.

airhumberside
1st Apr 2009, 15:30
LH's Head of Sales for the UK and Ireland has told the travel trade gazette they may expand at NCL in the long term

She said there may be potential for growth in the north-east of England. The airline flies twice weekly from Newcastle to Dusseldorf.

“These flights have been popular and there is potential for growth. We could look at services to Frankfurt or Munich from Newcastle though we are still a long way from that at present.”
Bit of dodgy journalism there, DUS is of course 2xDaily

northumberlandairway
1st Apr 2009, 16:24
That would be great as the offerings to Germany are poor to say the least. Dusseldorf or a couple of late night flights to Hannover a week. However Lufty seems to be very non-commital about when this will happen so we won't be holding our breath.

Currock Base
1st Apr 2009, 17:48
Lukeylad - They should be 321s not 757s. The 757s aren't scheduled and don't fit on the BA gate.

CB

GrahamK
1st Apr 2009, 17:50
Currock, think some 757s have been spotted subbing for the usual Airbusses around the UK this week :ok:

lukeylad
1st Apr 2009, 18:15
There was definitely a BA 757 operating a flight at NCL yesterday the 1327 i think. Yes the 757 doesn't fit on stand Three so Stand 4 would be used.

Richard Taylor
1st Apr 2009, 18:35
Yup, probably was a 757 - G-BPED was seen at ABZ the other day.

lineup25
1st Apr 2009, 20:05
Couple of things:

The Thomson 763 is parked up for a few weeks basically due to the fact that it's cost effective.

CentreFix25
2nd Apr 2009, 06:19
Thats only one.

nclops
2nd Apr 2009, 18:37
It was a 757, it was GBPED and it was on the BA1333 on tuesday

Sam Chipperfield
3rd Apr 2009, 15:26
I Noticed Bmi Brought The Chelsea Team Up. Does Any1 No The Reg And Aircraft The Used?

Jamesair
3rd Apr 2009, 16:59
The 2009 summer charter timetable on the airportwebsite has been changed to Edition 6 but as at 20th January (edition 5)....maybe somebody has forgotten to put the amended timetable online.

john2408
3rd Apr 2009, 21:07
Sam, Aircraft was Emb. 135. G RJXK, with thanks to LBA forum.

fl dutchman
5th Apr 2009, 16:23
Remaining flights on sale. Appears to still be 5 aircraft base. New route for winter is Malta.
Will it be all A319 by then?

ACARS
5th Apr 2009, 17:30
Anyone know what the 'incident' was yesterday morning? Local press reported a return to NCL immediately after take off -

maybe it was just a slow news day (but shouldn't be with Shearer!).

GrahamK
5th Apr 2009, 17:59
FlyBe Q400 returned after departure. All was well eventually.

HH6702
5th Apr 2009, 21:40
looks like the early mornings to STN and BRS will be the same as summer with ncl based planes going NCL - STN or BRS - ??? - NCL

stn or brs planes doing stn/brs - ncl - ??? - stn/brs

Severn
6th Apr 2009, 23:17
At the moment Mon to Fri - BRS based EZY A319 do the first rotation of the day - BRS-NCL-BRS, then the two other rotations are with NCL based aircraft - NCL-BRS-NCL. At the weekends NCL aircraft operate all BRS rotations.

Sam Chipperfield
12th Apr 2009, 12:05
Im Looking At This Months Timetable And There Should B 3 A319'S In On A Afternoon But There is Only 2

upnorth east
13th Apr 2009, 19:15
Sorry it's a few days late ... on BBC Look North last Thursday someone at the airport (possibly the manager ?) was being interviewed about how busy they were going to be over Easter weekend etc.

He also mentioned that Emirates had enjoyed their best month ever from NCL. Are things really looking up or is it their current promotions swelling the no's ?

Can anyone confirm this please.

FFC
14th Apr 2009, 08:40
EK 36 pretty quiet over next few weeks, EK35 pretty busy. So you will have to draw your own conclusions i am afraid.
Winter approaching Southern Hemisphere and alot of ex- pats coming home due to credit crunch in Dubai. Could be reason for busy EK35.
Interesting to see how Emirates will cope with their traditionally quiet period during June, July and August especially with the present economic slowdown.
Just to add Emirates have definately picked up passengers recently due to the
cancelled BMI flight from DTV to LHR.

FFC
15th Apr 2009, 06:56
Just found this. Emirates flying high at Newcastle Airport : Newcastle Airport News Stories (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/newcastle-airport-news-080409.html)

Jamesair
16th Apr 2009, 15:48
It seems a pity that SHANNON is to be axed. Passenger growth on the route is pretty consistent. January 1604...February 1759....March 2462. I cannot comment on yield but demand seems to be there for the route.

HH6702
16th Apr 2009, 16:28
hopefully flybe will take up this route maybe 4 x weekly
they may even take on milan??

gate 22
16th Apr 2009, 19:39
TOM51607:45BELFAST INTL & MIAMI

Is this just for Easter, and why the stop at BFS.

sunshine79
16th Apr 2009, 20:09
It will be a cruise flight, stopping at BFS to pick up more pax.

CentreFix25
16th Apr 2009, 20:21
It's the return leg, the outbound was a couple of weeks ago. I don't recall the outbound stopping in BFS on the way out?

lukeylad
16th Apr 2009, 21:10
The outbound did stop at BFS for Addtional Pax.

GrahamK
17th Apr 2009, 09:33
Cimber apparently dropping NCL-CPH from May 11th

Sam Chipperfield
17th Apr 2009, 14:10
Cimber Air Stopping On May 8th Go On Wikepidia And Type In Newcastle Airport. Tells U On There.

FFC
17th Apr 2009, 15:46
JournalLive - News - Today's News - Newcastle Airport 'could lose London service' (http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2009/04/17/newcastle-airport-could-lose-london-service-61634-23404110/)

apaul
17th Apr 2009, 18:35
That's mere press talk. Although it seems to be the Newcastle flights that get cancelled whenever BA has some problems at Heathrow I don't think they'd want to give up the route as they'd lose long distance passengers to other airlines.

Sam Chipperfield
17th Apr 2009, 20:30
Flight

Friday Departure

CB London City

Saturday Departure

CB London Stansted

Which 1 Is The Newcastle Team? and What Is The Other 1?

HH6702
17th Apr 2009, 23:26
apaul dont say thats just press talking. Look at DTV and BMI those rumours started nearly 18 months ago and now look what has happened the route has now gone!!

I dont think that we will lose the heathrow route altogether but maybe get reduced to 3 x daily from the current 6???
How are the loads on the heathrow route over the last few months compared to last year??

Easyjet STN was 5 x daily now 2x daily so maybe BA are looking to reduce there flights the same as EZY

sad news about cimber pitty they couldnt just keep it 3x weekly??
instead of none at all

:confused:

apaul
18th Apr 2009, 00:08
March numbers up 5% to Heathrow from 38,000 to 40,000, and Gatwick up 9%. February was down. But those figs will be affected by the date of Easter and the snow this February.

skyman771
18th Apr 2009, 12:16
If any of you guys have read the DTV thread you would a worked out that Hugh Lang is a grade 1 t****r and that DTV would arguably have been better off had he never been born ! All he has done in his press release is another pathetic attempt to cover his own backside inferring that it is an inevitable trend that all regional LHR services will decline, when in effect the seeds in respect of the demise of the DTV - LHR route were sown many years ago when he occupied the position of airport director. Maybe those at Peel are sufficiently gullible to fall for his latest rant, but surely no one else should be stupid enough to take anything the guy says seriously.
As for NCL then if Dave Laws can learn from DTV on "how not to do it" then I see no reason to buy into any unfounded rumours as to BA & LHR!

Jamesair
18th Apr 2009, 15:50
Last year Flybe announced that it's future expansion plans from NCL involved mainly Scandinavia and Germany.

With the Copenhagen route being withdrawn in May, they have a one off opportunity for a smooth transition in service.

I hope the airport is talking to them.

Sam Chipperfield
19th Apr 2009, 16:27
Sunday 19th April 2009

CB376 17:30 LONDON STANSTED

CB622 18:30 LONDON STANSTED

Which 1 Is 4 Newcastle United. And What Is The Other 1?

freightdoggy dog
19th Apr 2009, 19:52
Does it really matter Sam ? They're going down ...better drown your sorrows in Newkie Brown !

HH6702
19th Apr 2009, 22:33
Chambery on sale now only 1 flight a week on a saturday

TFS now on sale also again once a week on a friday

ACE on sale once a week sundays

ReadyToGo
22nd Apr 2009, 15:58
Heard on the grapevine today that Thomsonfly are in negotiations over their handling at Newcastle. Probably just wanting a better deal from Swissport, but could this be a major scalp for Servisair?

RTG!

transwede
22nd Apr 2009, 18:44
They seem pretty happy at Swissport, however quite agree that they could be trying to get a cheaper deal. My own opinion would be stay with Swissport, they would be the only big charter contract at Swissport and therefore hopefully get a better service, but we all know that this is not always the case. Besides in previous years, NCL has been the only non Servisair handled station for BY/TOM - not sure if that is of any significance?

DL93
22nd Apr 2009, 22:05
TOM handed their 60 days notice in to swissport in the past few days due service levels- hence the contract being up for grabs-

nclops
23rd Apr 2009, 03:51
Don't know where you get your info from but its a load of rubbish!

transwede
23rd Apr 2009, 18:04
I have never known an airport like NCL for rumours. For the sake of all staff, do hope it is not true, from my travel experiences never had any problems with Swissport.

fl dutchman
23rd Apr 2009, 22:39
Some news for 2010 from Thomson Airways long haul.

Wed--Cancun

Thurs-Punta Cana

Fri----Orlando

HH6702
24th Apr 2009, 00:49
good news about 2010

wonder if TOM are off to servsair now they dont have easyjet or has gate offered TOM a cheap deal for there ground handing

757 Speedbrakes
24th Apr 2009, 10:08
Just read the memo re the work to be undertaken by the airport on upgrading R/W 25 to CAT3 ILS and the study of PRNAV approaches. Will be quite a lot of work in getting everything in place for a few months.

Also, the airport (ATC) is currently in talks with Manchester ATCO to have some of the decent restritions removed. Good to see all these forward steps being taken that will put the airport in a good position when / if the recovery starts. :ok:

Kev 1
24th Apr 2009, 10:32
All, does anyone have the schedules for the nightly EMA/STN Jet 2 mail flights, aswell as the Atlantic BRS and the Fedex GLA/CDG?

Feel free to PM the details

Many thanks

mmeteesside
24th Apr 2009, 11:11
Royal Mail flights are
Atlantic NPT26N from BRS arr 0115 with ATP (Tue-Sat)
Atlantic NPT27B to BRS dep 2330 with ATP (Mon-Fri)
Jet2 EXS08B/08C STN dep 2330 back 0145 with 737-300 (Mon-Fri)
Jet2 EXS14W/14X EMA departs 2330 back 0145 with 737-300 (Mon-Fri)

Fedex
Swiftair SWT1CL from GLA to CDG arr 2045 dep 2130 with ATR42 (Mon-Thu)
Swiftair SWT2CL from CDG to GLA arr 0515 dep 0545 with ATR42 (Tue-Fri)

Kev 1
24th Apr 2009, 11:16
Thanks MME

transwede
25th Apr 2009, 18:31
Nice to see the Dom Rep back for 2010 - still wonder why it was dropped for this summer, having operated during 08 and planned for 2010?

Number of Turkey flights increasing for coming season, Saga Airlines/Onur Air due to operate a fair few now in addition to TCX/TOM. The euro must be affecting Spain etc

fl dutchman
25th Apr 2009, 21:44
Possibly dropped this year due to over capacity last year. Think Thomson had to make some price reductions in 2008 to sell the seats then, (not enough profit or even a loss) Not sure about the Monarch flight although expect something similar happened.

Perhaps the route can only stand one flight per week?.

Having said that I understand bookings for Dom Rep are up this summer so two flights may have been viable, one certainly would have been.

The other theory is aircraft availability this year.

Wonder if Thomas Cook group also do a Dom rep next year (Mon or TCX) and an Orlando.

transwede
26th Apr 2009, 05:29
Bulgaria Air to replace BH Air on one of the charters to Bourgas

FB8068 Tuesdays STD1750

ReadyToGo
26th Apr 2009, 12:59
Gate Aviation have picked up the Viking Airways contract (Formerly Servisair?).

Rumours about Thomson are well founded, Thomson are currently assessing ALL their ground handling across the country, and trying to re-negotiate deals almost everywhere.
IT IS NOT TO DO WITH SERVICE LEVELS, and is NOT to do with finding a new agent, more that they are trying to negotaite a new contract with Swissport. As far as I am aware, they have not opened it up to tender.

RTG!

CentreFix25
26th Apr 2009, 16:50
I can understand that, we're in a recession - most will be looking at their costs.

Didn't realise Viking had a flight out of NCL this Summer - when and where to?

sunshine79
26th Apr 2009, 17:43
Ive just looked at the timetable for the summer and can't see a Viking Airlines flight listed.I've also looked at their website and cannot see NCL listed as an airport they fly from.

transwede
26th Apr 2009, 19:42
I was thinking the same, but maybe if it is onbehalf of an independant tour operator, then seats would not be for sale via Viking website!! Having said that anyone got days of operation and times?

GeorgEGNT
27th Apr 2009, 15:39
A Thomson 757 arrived last night at around 1am fresh from Canada after having winglets fitted. Too dark to get a photo mind. Sat over on the remote stands to begin flying on the 1st of May for the summer.

_ShIfTy_
27th Apr 2009, 17:03
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/ihaveblades/27042009228.jpg.

Shifty.

sunshine79
27th Apr 2009, 17:49
That's one good looking aircraft that will be based at NCL. Shame about the name and colour, would have been much better in BY c/s and name.

ReadyToGo
28th Apr 2009, 17:16
Viking flights for the summer.

2x departures weekly, (Some weeks its Heraklion & Bodrum, some weeks its 2x Bodrum). Both with 737-800. Plus a number of odd one-off midweek charter flights using MD83. (Dalaman, Rome, and Cyprus I think... anyone confirm?)

Good luck Gate Aviation... unless they have improved a hell of a lot, Viking are going to be a handful!

RTG!

sam1993
28th Apr 2009, 17:33
Do you know which tour operator Viking are operating these flights for as i can't find any information regarding Viking at Newcastle anywhere

Thankyou
Sam

transwede
28th Apr 2009, 18:18
Viking to Cyprus on a MD83??? That'll be a complete shambles, as they couldn't make HER with full load and bags last year and LCA/PFO is slightly further than Crete!! Do Gate know what they've let themselves in for?

Viking Programme

One off charter to INN 24 Jun
One off charter to PUY 16 Sep
One off charters to VRN 24 May & 27 Sep

All taken from airport website, however no full season charters to Cyprus or Turkey showing, could the aircraft not be a sub for another carrier - Saga Airlines, Onur air...?

sunshine79
28th Apr 2009, 18:24
I believe all their UK based aircraft are B738's this summer, which are ex-XL birds. No mad dogs in the UK this summer.

transwede
28th Apr 2009, 18:28
But the MD's are still based in HER to operate adhoc charters etc, so could still see them in the UK. Hopefully performance issues will have been rectified for any UK charters this year?

wouldhave
28th Apr 2009, 19:39
Hope someone can help me. Does Newcastle Airport still have those really ancient buses that used to be used for taking pax out to the remote stands parked up?

If so, does anyone know who I could contact regarding them? Slightly off topic I know but if anyone could tell me the information, I know the guys on pprune could.

Cheers

ReadyToGo
28th Apr 2009, 20:55
I admit that my information is second hand, so I could be wrong with the destinations of the one-offs. I imagine Cyprus would have to be a 738 as you say. Bodrum is definately at least weekly according to a reliable friend of mine.

With Onur Air operating all A321 this season (I think), can we expect any MD83's in? AirBee maybe?

RTG!

sunshine79
28th Apr 2009, 21:04
Air Bee went under about a week after XL did. According to the airport website is all the usual A's and B's

globetrotter79
29th Apr 2009, 08:30
Actually the Viking fleet based in the UK this summer will be a mix of B737-800s (one or more their own and, I think, a pair coming from Sunwing in Canada) plus a pair of B737-300s.

I would expect that the Newmarket Holidays program (the one-off departures to INN, PUY, VRN) will be flown on the B737-300 as Newmarket always tend to go for 150ish seat aircraft wherever possible.

GrahamK
1st May 2009, 07:24
Some good news is that the Cimber Air Copenhagen flights have been reinstated, ends on 8th May but restarts 11th May :ok:

ReadyToGo
1st May 2009, 09:32
What the hell? Cimber close the route for 2 days? Is the pilot on holiday or something?

Oh and Viking's weekly (possibly twice weekly flights in the busy season) to Bodrum/Dalaman are operated by 737-800's on behalf of Saga Airways of Turkey I am told. The one-off charters to Innsbruck, Heraklion and Verona will be a mix of MD83 and 737-300.

As the MD's are in Heraklion... will that mean a return to the chaos of NCL-HER for some folk this summer...

RTG!

airhumberside
1st May 2009, 09:44
The 8th is a Friday and the 11th is a Monday, so just no weekend flights

transwede
1st May 2009, 10:40
Viking

Saga Airlines have a number of weekly flights through NCL this summer, thursdays and saturdays. Are Viking operating them all with 738 equipment? This a/c should have no trouble flying NCL-DLM/BJV. However the MD equipment being used on some of the adhoc charters to INN/VRN in theory should have no restrictions as short flights, however if it is to fly to one off HER then I have to agree it will be chaos! Last years events with this flight hit the headlines nationally.

Cimber

So is it staying throughout or not?

fl dutchman
1st May 2009, 11:32
Its bookable to the end of October. Ops 6 days per week. Not Sats I think.

Jamesair
2nd May 2009, 16:29
CIMBER

Thats very good news...hope traffic builds up to the "needing two flights a day" levels again.

fl dutchman
3rd May 2009, 22:35
They seem to have 5 based aircraft just now at NCL. Is it the plan to have another one bringing the total to 6 someime in May ??.

GeorgEGNT
4th May 2009, 07:45
At the moment they have 737's KF, JW, KE and A319's FF and AE. I haven't heard anything official about a 6th arriving but have heard it discussed that we're expecting one. Not sure when though. Will probably be a third A319 NCL gets.

SAGA flights are being operated using B738's.

Sam Chipperfield
4th May 2009, 15:43
What Is The Reg Of The Thomson 757 Based Up Here With Winglets?

andrewmcharlton
4th May 2009, 15:47
Sam, this isn't meant to be a spotters forum. It's a sad state of affairs when reg numbers are the topic of conversation in a forum like this. I think there are one or two specialist spotter organisations for Newcastle, Air North springs to mind but sure others can confirm.

Skipness One Echo
4th May 2009, 15:48
Where Did People Learn To Write Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word?

It's a recent thing I believe.

tcx00
4th May 2009, 16:23
A was wondering what the reg was aswell so anyhelp would be welcomed!
As a new poster to these forums I feel that everyone is intitled to their say and ask whatever questions they want - after all the question is about an airline based at newcastle...!

andrewmcharlton
4th May 2009, 16:29
I think the point is it isn't a spotters forum and there is a seperate thread and discussion area for spotters as well as other sites. This is meant to be a rumour network regarding airport ops. Not suggesting you don't use Pprune but try the spotters forums.

ReadyToGo
4th May 2009, 17:32
It was said on here a while back that NCL will be an all 319 base for Easyjet. If this is true, and if like previous seasons they are basing 6 aircraft at NCL for the summer, I would imagine another aircraft would be a 319. Though that will likely depend on how many NCL crews are now passed for the Airbus.

I am also told that EZY will be sending in an extra 319/320 to do the flights to Malta, though this will be a STN based aircraft flying Stansted-Newcastle-Malta-Newcastle-Stansted. As always, this information comes to me second hand, so may well be inaccurate.

RTG!

Tflyer
4th May 2009, 21:26
NCL based aircraft:

B757W is G-BYAY (The only ex-TOM a/c with winglets - the other B757 with them fitted are ex-FCA ones)
B757 is G-BYAW
B738W is G-FDZP (one of the newest to the fleet)

The majority fleet is to be fitted with winglets over a period of time.

tcx00
5th May 2009, 20:41
Cheers Tflyer!
And im really sorry if i sounded a bit rude - Just re-read my post, andrewmcharlton, and it sounds really aresy! sorry!

fl dutchman
6th May 2009, 22:24
Jersey, flying Sun, Wed and Fri, I think ( direct service )

LGW 4x Daily

SOU 3x Daily

EX. 1x Daily

BHD 1x Daily.... 2x Daily Mon and Fri

CWL Think its 3x Weekly

Not sure about Weekends.

That seems an increase on last winter ?.

EDIT LGW is 4x Daily not 3

apaul
7th May 2009, 03:27
NCL-LGW is still four times a day Monday to Friday as this Summer.

fl dutchman
7th May 2009, 08:45
apaul

NCL LGW is indeed 4x Daily next winter, my mistake. Have altered my post.

Think its the first time NCL has had a non stop to JER in the winter?.

Travel Agent
7th May 2009, 16:06
Jet 2 are operating SSH flights for Libra in winter, not sure if this will also be available via their own website?

HH6702
8th May 2009, 20:54
looks like a saturday flight although the flights dont operate all season

looks like we have 5 flights a week some weeks to SSH from NCL
TOM x 2 TCX x 2 LS x 1

how many flights to SSH did we have last winter?

transwede
10th May 2009, 19:02
I thought the new SAGA airlines charters were going to be operated by Viking Airlines under some kind of contract? SAGAS own aircraft operated yesterday evenings DLM service!

ReadyToGo
11th May 2009, 20:49
I was under the impression it would be a Viking A/C too. What aircraft was it that came in?

CentreFix25
12th May 2009, 06:43
Just to be different, I read this thread often and was never under the impression that anyone else would be operating their flights. Further down the thread there was a link to the SAGA website and discussion on the aircraft type they would use.

EGNT
12th May 2009, 07:22
It was TC-SGH of SAGA.

ReadyToGo
12th May 2009, 14:09
Or is this SAGA operating on behalf of Viking?

Viking got into a LOT of trouble last year with Newcastle Airport, after running for several weeks with no bags and high numbers of offloaded passengers to to weight issues with the MD83.
I think the Airport would be reluctant to have VIK back which might explain why SAGA are flying this in.

RTG!

sam1993
12th May 2009, 14:48
Viking have done a deal with Saga whereby they will operate one of their 737-800s on behalf of Saga for certain days of the week. All other flights are operated by Saga Airlines own aircraft - TC-SGH. One of the 737s (either the Viking or Saga aircraft) will be based in Dalaman and the other in Bodrum but i think they reguarly rotate as the Viking aircaft is not based in Turkey for the full week.
Saga Airlines and Viking Airlines aircraft may both be seen at Newcastle over the summer
Hope this clarifies things!:ok:

Sam

transwede
12th May 2009, 18:54
I would think that the airport authority are not in a position to 'ban' an airline or not allow them to serve routes on behalf of tour operators or are they? Has it happened before? I know the local press made quite a large story of the Viking troubles last year, but is it enough to stop an airline operating into any specific airport - surely they bring money etc into a difficult market at present?

Incidentally the punctuality statistics have improved since last year!

DL93
12th May 2009, 21:05
Both viking and saga aircrafts will be used- mainly viking it seems to be the old XL aircrafts which are going to be used, however it is not 100% that the MD will not be coming in to NCL.

ReadyToGo
12th May 2009, 21:14
the airport might not be able to actually "ban" an airline, but I am sure they could make it very difficult for it to operate. Charging higher prices perhaps, or threatening large penalties to avoid all the negative publicity that they gained last year.

RTG!

en2r
12th May 2009, 21:20
Dublin to Newcastle for Winter 09/10 with Ryanair now on sale. Stays 9 weekly despite Aer Lingus axing DUB-NCL and Ryanair axing DUB-MME

fl dutchman
12th May 2009, 22:21
Its possible that EI again restart the NCL service for the winter. They have done this before even when FR were doing 2X Daily.
I am sure this route will easily sustain 2 flights per day! as it has done for some years now, Say for example FR in the morning and EI in the early evening, I always thought the Late FR service was scheduled a bit to late.

Jamesair
12th May 2009, 23:04
I notice that the WOW Plymouth/Newquay service was cancelled yesterday (Tues). Anyone know why?

GrahamK
13th May 2009, 07:45
fl dutchman

I can only see EI coming back again if they re-start an EI Commuter type service again, with maybe Q400s or a similar sized a/c.
From what i hear, loads were pretty poor on their latest attempt into NCL - sure they can fill the flight at weekends, but weekdays sometimes seen very poor loads.

andrewmcharlton
13th May 2009, 07:54
As EI don't operate those types or anything vaguely close to it then that won't happen. They miss a trick every time they stop and start the route by not grabbing an AM slot and selling through tickets to the USA.

They last operated mid afternoon between the two FR flights (which then made day returns easy for business) and missed the day traffic and missed any connecting traffic.

DOubtless they will appear again later in the year and repeat their annual poor effort.

fl dutchman
13th May 2009, 10:21
I am sure if EI restarted on this route say in the late evening now that FR are only doing once daily most days the loads would be much better. The FR day return facility has now gone on most days and the FR timings are not great.

There was always enough people flying the route to sustain two flights, dont know if any money was being made though.

Expect to see a huge drop in pax numbers on this route when the figures are released.

757 Speedbrakes
13th May 2009, 12:02
Sharm now on sale on Jet2.com website as of today :ok:

Lowest price so far found is from £60 p/p one way :)

Sam Chipperfield
13th May 2009, 13:43
Does Anybody No Why there was a Scot Airways in on Wednesday 13th May from London Stansted?

ReadyToGo
13th May 2009, 15:52
Scot Airways have the contracts for Sunderland and Newcastle United. So I would guess a football charter.

Also, theres often an Aer Arran ATR for big Sunderland games, chartered by the Irish owners and investors of Sunderland

On a side note, Portsmouth use Flybe for their charters, Fulham, and Hull City use Eastern Airways, and Chelsea use BMIregional.

RTG!

Britannia
13th May 2009, 15:56
It was G-BZOG with the Under 18 Spurs team, they are playing at Sunderland tonight.

Sam Chipperfield
13th May 2009, 16:14
Heard That Easyjet 2 base 3rd A319 Up here on the 20th May can anyone confirm?

SWBKCB
13th May 2009, 16:17
the Under 18 Spurs team

Good grief! Private planes for the under 18's?!?

SWBKCB
13th May 2009, 16:21
Seem to a be a fair number of low-density configuration A.330's being used recently. Is this because the extra business class seats are needed (i.e good news) or some other reason?

Britannia
13th May 2009, 16:23
Good grief! Private planes for the under 18's?!?

Stupid isn't it? Couldn't believe Man U flew from Manchester to DTV a few weekend's ago, whats wrong with the M62? :ugh:

Good to hear another EZY A319 is due :ok:

Wellington Bomber
13th May 2009, 16:27
Ready to Go

Add Man City, Bolton, Wigan, Liverpool, Reading and they also do Portsmouth to the Eastern client list

ReadyToGo
13th May 2009, 17:03
Nothing is wrong with the M62, which is why the team coach (and all the kit) travels on it. And meets the players at the airport. Last time i was there during a football charter.

The coach drives hundreds of miles, with just the bags, meets the players, takes them from airport to hotel/stadium and back, then drives back empty!

RTG!

OltonPete
13th May 2009, 17:11
SWBKCB

Probably low loads, same for BHX, GLA & MAN in May/June as
it is the l"ow season". The CAA stats show this pattern every
year.

BHX usually get the odd 772 or 332 instead of the 77W.

All returns to normal by July.

Pete

Britannia
13th May 2009, 17:37
Nothing is wrong with the M62

My point exactly! Why can't the team use it then :rolleyes::cool:

Jamesair
13th May 2009, 23:24
How will the new Eastern services ABZ - LPL -SOU affect ABZ - NCL - SOU?

Any thoughts?

ReadyToGo
13th May 2009, 23:36
It will be very interesting. Theres a lot of rumours coming out of Eastern at the minute.

Including

NCL-MME-LCY
NCL-BHX-CWL (Which to be fair would make a lot of sense as opposed to the two flights as stands now)

I fly regularly with T3 between NCL-SOU and would be very surprised if the connection was lost altogether, despite the competition from Flybe. NCL-ABZ is also very lucrative.

Anyone know if the LPL route will be a Saab or a J41?

RTG!

dwlpl
13th May 2009, 23:59
The first flight of the day is the Saab, the other two is the J41.

Jamesair
14th May 2009, 09:15
ABZ seems to reduce from 5 to 4 and SOU is maintained at 3

JKKne
16th May 2009, 22:15
From what I remember EI suspended flights over summer last year too

When I asked EI, being based for work in Dublin they said, and I quote

'We only operate over the football season into Newcastle'

Whether this will now cease as Keane has now departed Sunderland is another question BUT I think they'll be back as they were last time around from August/September

ReadyToGo
17th May 2009, 00:20
Theres a lot more Irish interest in Sunderland than just Roy Keane. As far as I am aware Sunderland are owned by a consortium of Irishmen, under Niall Quinn.

Seems funny that football is a good enough reason to justify a daily 320.

RTG!

JKKne
17th May 2009, 19:06
EI's considerably better flight times (for leisure travellers at least) and it's overall standard of service over FR are welcome.

Now that MME has lost its route (which I'm sure had a flight similar to EI's afternoon flight to NCL) it would be nice to see EI move in on that.

And yes, Sunderland were owned by an Irish consortium but are now owned by an American investor called Ellis Short

From what I recall the football is the reason Aer Arran started into Cork too

andrewmcharlton
17th May 2009, 19:59
EI's times were more humane but too late to connect to any transatlantic services so no use to through travellers.

Aer Arran operated to Galway which is great for a weekend away but not much else. The public transport options from Galway were very poor and the flight arrived too late to go on to anywhere else. The only public transport options down the West Coast were by bus as the train services only link back to Dublin in reality. The Shannon flight is now gone making travel into Ireland challenging.

ReadyToGo
17th May 2009, 20:45
Does Jet2 still have a Cork service?

I used it last year, first (and last) time I have ever flown Jet2.

RTG!

GeorgEGNT
18th May 2009, 14:28
Cork service operates on a friday and a sunday.

Jamesair
18th May 2009, 16:16
I notice that the Eastern non-stop Stavanger route has changed from a J41 to a Saab 2000 according to the timetable

mmeteesside
20th May 2009, 10:30
I see your Fedex contract has changed hands again, now with Air Contractors still an ATR42

EGNT-FLYER
20th May 2009, 11:45
Hello everyone,

I've just got back from EGNT to find there was a Kuwait Airways A300-600R (9K-AMC) on the north side. After asking a few spotters up there i was informed it arrived just after 6am and i was there to see it depart which was around 10:30ish. Does anyone have any idea why this aircraft was in?!

Thanks all,
Alan

ReadyToGo
20th May 2009, 13:33
Just a guess, but could be picking up currency from that place in Gateshead (de la... something). Quite a few different airlines pop in from time to time on that contract.

RTG!

JKKne
20th May 2009, 14:33
De La Rue is the place RTG

Kuwait Airways 9K-AMB turned up a few years ago

Kuwait Airways A300 9K-AMB :: 9K-AMB.jpg :: Fotopic.Net (http://www.kevair.fotopic.net/p36763246.html)

JKKne
20th May 2009, 14:37
De La Rue is the place RTG

9K AMB was here a few years as has AMA visited

CentreFix25
21st May 2009, 07:10
Updated google Satellite image of NCL (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=jarrow+map&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=IVYUSouNI826jAe97dSzBA&t=h&ll=55.037006,-1.707264&spn=0.002299,0.006866&z=18&iwloc=A) showing a busier airport than the previous one, although I think this image is from last Summer.

maxtoon
21st May 2009, 09:21
nice that they got the EK on stand ..

these shots from Oct/Nov last year

10 DME ARC
21st May 2009, 15:12
Must have been before end Oct as my old car is sitting in the ATC car park!

SWBKCB
21st May 2009, 17:30
Funnily enough just read an article on this very subject in local enthusiasts mag 'Air North' - extensive research there suggests at least some of the composite pics taken at 13.16 on 29 September.;)

757 Speedbrakes
21st May 2009, 18:18
The most amazing thing of all is that this photo must of been taken on the one time the old staff car park (behind the parking office) has ever had cars in it!! :eek:

Year on year and I'm still moaning that the closest car parks to the airport are the ones that are unused ..................:rolleyes:

maxtoon
21st May 2009, 18:27
the images can be rolled back to 2001 using the 'historical imagery' slider in google earth ..

interesting to see the northern apron extension being constructed way back when :ok:

Ops Guy
21st May 2009, 19:54
And that could be me in between stands 10 & 11 (In the yellow Ops jeep). :E :ok:

Kev 1
22nd May 2009, 06:52
On a slightly different note, the 6th Easyjet based aircraft for the summer arrived yesterday, in the guise of A319 G-EZFH (17:40 Arrival as EZY8001 from London Gatwick), first rotation was EZY91QE to Bristol at 07:30 this morning.

Cheers!

Sam Chipperfield
22nd May 2009, 16:44
So the 3 A319 Aircraft up here at minute are:

G-EZFH
G-EZAE
G-EZIE

And 3 737-700s:

G-EZJY
G-EZKE
G-EZKF

DL93
22nd May 2009, 19:20
G-EZFF IS a based aircraft, in LTN atm after lighting strike weeks ago for repairs back on tue/wed!

sunshine79
23rd May 2009, 15:03
TCA931L from FAO has been diverted to MAN, anyone know why?

ReadyToGo
23rd May 2009, 22:39
No idea sunshine79, but airport website live departures has a "closed" TCX to Leeds Bradford for tomorrow, and also an Aer Arran departure to Newcastle.

Also a Viking flight with a VIK code, as opposed to a SGX one.

RTG!

JKKne
23rd May 2009, 23:50
Obviously some issues with TCX today (tonight)

TCX516L from PMI due in at 00.005 prov delayed until 04.30 (knowing Palma, thats a hell of a wait in a soulless airport!)

sunshine79
24th May 2009, 07:27
The Viking flight is to Verona so it won't be covering a Saga flight, It's a one-off which should have been an XL flight. The PMI flights was the aircraft that was diverted to MAN yesterday afternoon. There's nothing on the board about a TCX delay so I'm assuming they are back to normal and playing catch-up today or they've brought in another a/c. BTW does anyone know which a/c was used on the SGX to DLM yesterday evening, as my folks were on that flight.

flybar
24th May 2009, 08:03
No idea sunshine79, but airport website live departures has a "closed" TCX to Leeds Bradford for tomorrow,

This was a 'borrowed' 757 G-LSAH, from Jet2, returning to base at LBA.
Jet2 seem to be getting a lot of spot hires from Thomas Cook's at the moment.

sunshine79
24th May 2009, 09:33
GOZBA, thanks for that. Gawd knows what the folks thought when they saw the Air Algerie titles, lol. I told them that it may be SGX or VIK that they flew on. I'll be getting a report on Saga Airlines when they ring later today.

transwede
24th May 2009, 10:57
VIK have a few adhoc flights through NCL this summer to the likes of INN/VRN and I think PUY - it was talked about a few posts ago.

On the subject of SGX, what aircraft was used on fridays delayed BJV rotation - seems like they have quite a few aircraft that will be used on their charters.

sam1993
24th May 2009, 12:16
Flight SGX5201/2 from/to Bodrum was operated by TC-SGH on Friday

Sam

transwede
24th May 2009, 16:33
Many thanks sam1993, was that BJV the heavily delayed rotation? Someone mentioned some kind of Trailwinds title somewhere on the thread? So far, with only 1 delay the VIK/SGX operations has suffered no major problems and if you read reviews elsewhere on the web, passenger comments of Viking are positive, though no mention of actual Saga flights. If it means more passengers for NCL, I am in favour of any airline operating any route! More passengers results in more secured employment for those at NCL and more choice for passengers. Having lost out on growth due to the economic climate, NCL needs as many passengers as possible.