PDA

View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

owenc
29th Aug 2015, 13:34
Edi-ewr 752
Edi-ewr 752
Dub-ewr 752
Dub-ewr 752
Edi-ord 752
Dub-iad 752
Dub-ord 752
Bfs-ewr 752
Snn-ord 752
Snn-ewr 752
Ncl-ewr 752
Bhx-ewr 752
Man-ewr 752
Man-ord 752
Gla-ewr 752

I don't see any widebodies in there.

Ringwayman
29th Aug 2015, 13:38
So where's the LHR services then? You know, the place they send widebodies to in the British Isles?

owenc
29th Aug 2015, 13:42
London Heathrow! Woah! Such a big deal.. As if LHR speaks for the British Isles, it's one airport out of seven that have United service. :ugh:

HH6702
29th Aug 2015, 13:53
Looking at the seat plan tomorrow for the United 767 flight it's nearly empty too

Maybe they will swap it with ncl 757 lol
Only wishing

StoneyBridge Radar
29th Aug 2015, 14:44
London Heathrow! Woah! Such a big deal.. As if LHR speaks for the British Isles, it's one airport out of seven that have United service.

It's one airport that happens to have more seats daily than the rest of the UK stations combined. I guess that makes it kind of a big deal.

ORD
929 763
949 763
959 763

IAH
920 763
96 788
5 788

LAX
935 777

EWR
923 763
28 772
16 752
111 752
115 752

SFO
900 744
931 772

IAD
123 752
919 772
925 772

jensdad
30th Aug 2015, 00:13
OK people. Looks like it is very unlikely that United are going to send a 767 to a non-hub airport on the Eastern flank of the Atlantic Archipelago ;)
Sad to say, but my money is on this service not returning next year. A shame if true.

LAX_LHR
30th Aug 2015, 08:10
I wouldn't worry too much on OwenC,

He seems to be quite an abrasive individual who seems to be obliviously rubbing people up the wrong way on a certain other forum too (the one with the navy blue background).

canberra97
30th Aug 2015, 12:12
LAX LHR

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the arrogant individual, his username isn't FROSTY by any chance!

EK77WNCL
30th Aug 2015, 15:02
As I said I'm just hoping United give us a PROPER go next year, running the whole summer season, generally late March - late October. Ideally daily 757 to give us the best chance but I'm not sure if they'd take that much of a leap... Fingers crossed though

GAXLN
30th Aug 2015, 15:54
The profitability of any service is dependent upon the number of people that use the service and in the case of an airline, the fares paid exceeding costs so a decent return may be secured. Out of interest, how many of us participants on this thread can hold our hands up and say we have used it this summer? I am writing waiting for a United flight to Newark and then tonight's flight to Newcastle before anyone asks and I normally fly One World. Just doing my bit for the North East as I also did earlier this summer. My money at present is on the service returning but it will prosper and grow only if it is used more than I understand it was at times this summer. Lots of great places to visit in the States from New York to Hawaii and all points in between. Then there's Canada, the Caribbean plus Central America as well. The winner for me is once you clear security in the U.S. at your origin point that's it - no more queuing for security and then you reach Newcastle first thing in the morning rather than killing time at Heathrow, Amsetdam or CDG. Let us keep our fingers crossed and then hopefully we can then start planning next year's holiday using United.

HeartyMeatballs
30th Aug 2015, 16:43
Do United Vacations still sell in the UK? I used them years ago out of MME via LHR for a Vegas trip and an Orlando trip. It would be easier to fill the plane if they could offer holidays on it.

HH6702
30th Aug 2015, 17:59
I will hold my hands up and say I HAVENT used the service.

I would like to have used the service but due to me booking an expensive family holiday to Spain with other family members I couldn't afford both.

I hope that the service does come back as I'm holding off booking anything.
I'm busy saving the pennies again now just incase

EK77WNCL
31st Aug 2015, 14:48
My desperate pleas for a weekend in New York unfortunately failed this summer, however my dad has always wanted to go to Hawaii, so I am very much hoping that trip might be possible next year after I've finished school... Using United of course

EK77WNCL
2nd Sep 2015, 12:51
I've just seen a discrepancy... Bmi Regional is to operate Newcastle - Stansted, Monday - Friday in the middle of the day for Flybe... How do they intend to do this when some of their Brussels flights are still bookable as 3 daily (Wed-Fri) having the aircraft away from NCL at the time it is supposed to be flying to STN?

Just checked for 11th November and it appears the aircraft is double booked

Jamesair
2nd Sep 2015, 14:20
You are right about that, although the 3 daily frequency seems to only operate on Wed/Thurs, so the Mon/Tues/Fri operation can operate with the same aircraft.

Has anyone heard how BMI will handle the Wed/Thurs flights ?

BAladdy
2nd Sep 2015, 14:27
Another discrepancy is that the STN is being operated by a ER4. However BRU is showing as operating on a ER3 for W15.

HH6702
2nd Sep 2015, 15:43
Could this be the start of a 2nd based aircraft and maybe some new routes?

EK77WNCL
2nd Sep 2015, 16:20
FRANKFURT FRANFURT FRANKFURT!!! ;)

But that is strange :/ Unless Flybe is using Bmi Regional from Newcastle for some more of their flights?

Does Flybe base a Dash 8 at Newcastle? I've just looked at Southampton and the flights originate from Newcastle

SWBKCB
2nd Sep 2015, 16:45
Or the mid day Brussels being dropped to accommodate STN? Bit late for new routes.

Not sure what you mean about the Dash8 - it comes from SOU at 08.20, currently goes to STN, but in winter will go back to SOU at 08.45?

NOP
2nd Sep 2015, 16:45
An ER4 can be pretty restricted out of SOU I believe

BAladdy
2nd Sep 2015, 17:06
An ER4 can be pretty restricted out of SOU I believe

How so?. I know that British Regional Airlines operated the 49 seat ER4 (ERJ 145EU variant) to destinations such as BRU, EDI, GLA, FRA and ZRH without restriction. The only time I have heard about any restrictions was when Brymon introduced there ER4's and I believe the restrictions was specific to the 50 seat ERJ 145EP variant.

I think we will see the BRU switch to being operated by a ER4, with the lunchtime flights being dropped and the aircraft being used to operate the STN.

Another option would work is to base a ER4 at NCL which could operate NCL-SOU-NCL-STN-NCL-SOU-NCL-SOU-NCL. The aircraft could operate weekday service as shown below.

BE6xxx NCL 07:00 SOU 08:15
BE6xxx SOU 08:50 NCL 10:05

BE6881 NCL 11:00 STN 12:15
BE6882 STN 12:45 NCL 14:00

BE6xxx NCL 14:45 SOU 16:00
BE6xxx SOU 16:30 NCL 17:45

BE6xxx NCL 18:15 SOU 19:30
BE6xxx SOU 20:00 NCL 21:15

GrahamK
2nd Sep 2015, 20:44
I see the airport aren't sending a team to the World Routes forum in Durban. Have they really got nothing that they can show off to other airports or potential airlines in the way of marketting the area for any new routes? Even DTVA are sending a team...

SWBKCB
2nd Sep 2015, 21:04
Even DTVA are sending a team...

Peel are sending a team...

GrahamK
3rd Sep 2015, 10:53
Dublin still 9 x weekly

Looks like Alicante may be operating 5 x weekly (no Mon/Fri).

HH6702
3rd Sep 2015, 11:24
Good news that they are increasing ALC
Just a shame it's already a route well served.

Ryanair could make a go at so many other routes like they have in the past.
They would all have made money maybe be not the same as routes from London but still a profit and get the brand better known for a choice of airline for ncl!

skyman771
3rd Sep 2015, 16:10
I see the airport aren't sending a team to the World Routes forum in Durban. Have they really got nothing that they can show off to other airports or potential airlines in the way of marketing the area for any new routes?

It's just a glorified "Beano"!:hmm: Personally I don't see the benefit in supporting any NCL team on such a jolly, well done to them in staying away !!!:D

Even DTVA are sending a team...
Well that just about confirms it !!

skyman771
3rd Sep 2015, 16:33
Ref UA, to me the writing is on the wall, booking engine fully loaded of EDI-EWR 2016 flights & nothing for NCL. It's simply not good enough to refer to late installation of 2015 flights as an excuse for future conduct, as this was start up.
No seat marketed equals no seats sold:ugh:
It's abundantly clear to most that IF a positive decision had been adopted (aka the EWR mechanic;)) then the message would be out there by now, instead of simply "going to ground" until presumably 8th September following last flight.
In May we had the water canons, I suspect on the 7th September it's more likely to be the:{handkerchiefs:{
I hope I'm wrong, though realistically what comfort is there, they are practically giving away seats on last flights, i.e sectors c.£257 as per website, but shopping around then you may achieve even further discounting:(

HH6702
3rd Sep 2015, 17:23
I hope your wrong skyman!!

However a few people did say to me that they would wait until the route finished before putting anything on sale for next year.

I believe they didn't put these flights on sale till November 2015?

So we still have time left ...... ( IM DREAMING )

LiamNCL
3rd Sep 2015, 18:04
It wont be staying or going until its ended. Its a good edition to the airport but if it goes it goes , It isnt viable on a 757 forever anyway and once they start retiring them it would of went IMO ! We have been spoilt by a world class Airline like EK on a massive 777 which wont be too far off a 2nd Daily IMO , West will have to wait if it doesnt return

P330
3rd Sep 2015, 19:20
I my opinion, you are usually spot on in most of your posts and they are an informative read. However, I would urge caution here. You use the term abundantly clear, yet 12 months ago I remember many :ugh::ugh:posts from you saying how others had to accept a NY route would never happen.

In a respectful way, I am hoping lightning strikes twice here....:)

CentreFix25
3rd Sep 2015, 20:11
Seasonal routes to Stockholm and Oslo from Newark are on sale for summer 16 (Venice is also on sale, I think that's seasonal too).

I'm not very confident it'll continue, however I was one who didn't think it would start in the first place.

SWBKCB
3rd Sep 2015, 20:32
From the Scottish Governments "Programme for Government 2015-16" published the other day - first time I've seen commitment to dates

Programme for Government 2015-16 (http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/09/7685/4)

The Government’s Programme for Scotland 2015-16. The document sets out the legislation for the coming year, as well as summarising the Scottish Government's key achievements and main goals for the future - both legislative and non-legislative

AIR PASSENGER DUTY

We are committed to replacing Air Passenger Duty (APD) with a more competitive regime that better supports our goal of boosting international connectivity and business growth.

We have established a forum, with membership from the airline industry, Scotland's airports, environmental groups, business organisations and tax professionals. This forum will support the development of our policy proposals, including helping us to shape a policy consultation on a Scottish APD which we plan to launch this October. The Scottish Parliament will be able to legislate for a replacement Scottish tax only once the new Scotland Bill has been passed by the UK Parliament.

We will reduce the burden of APD by 50% with the reduction beginning when we introduce a Scottish APD in 2018 with a view to abolish it completely when resources allow. We are currently consulting with stakeholders on the best way to apply that reduction across new and existing routes.

nighthawk117
4th Sep 2015, 08:52
If I had a £1 for every time I've read a "all flights are loaded, except for XYZ, it must be getting dropped" post, only to read a "oh, it's on sale now" reply a few days later, then I'd have enough to buy a pint in an airside bar.

While I have no experience in airline planning, I'd imagine the sensible thing to do would be to load all the regular flights first, then sit down and look at the remaining flights, and plan out aircraft availability. They will be waiting on a few departments to reach decisions - do they plan on retiring any aircraft? What new deliveries do we have coming? Are there any other routes needing an upgrade/downgrade?

Once the regular flights are sorted, they will know how much capacity they have available, and can start analysing the performance of Newcastle, and how well they expect it to do next year.

When a route is launched, United will have signed 1 year contracts with all the ground and catering companies. They will need to speak to these companies and negotiate a new price for next year, and decide whether they want to use an alternative handler. They'll also need to speak to the council, and other stakeholders, to see what they can offer in terms of marketing assistance.

They will also need to look at the alternatives - if Newcastle doesn't return, where do you re-deploy the aircraft? Is it worth sticking it out and hoping demand improves, or risk launching something new, with all the upfront costs that involves? What kind of deals are they offering?

Only once all of this has been done can a decision be made on whether the route is going to be feasible.

This will all take time. So the fact EDI is on sale, and NCL isn't is meaningless.

HH6702
4th Sep 2015, 10:08
Well said nighthawk!

Can't see them wanting to have more start up costs I would expect that if the 757 can be spared again then it will return but like you said contacts would have to be agreed again with at least the airport.

Handling agents and catering etc normally happens afterwards as they would bid for the work in the new year and be given to however a few months before flights start

CentreFix25
4th Sep 2015, 13:49
I suspect UAL planning department maybe a little cleverer than they're getting credit for on this thread. I'm quite sure they don't need to see a flight in the booking engine first, before they can calculate if they can fly somewhere else too - the sums are done long before that.

HH6702
4th Sep 2015, 14:06
Just been reading the NCL Twitter feed and the airport yesterday tweeted that they are optimistic that UNITED WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR!!!

Like people have said LETS WAIT AND SEE!!

VickersVicount
4th Sep 2015, 16:26
optomistic... ? ive heard it all now. Sounds as if theyre as much in the dark.

NCL-TRC
4th Sep 2015, 18:23
Quite frankly these rumors and speculation are getting on my nerves, people thinking they can ascertain loads by looking at seat maps, people who begged for this route for years only to kill it before it even started. All I will say that an announcement is due imminently, at some point next week after the last op on Monday, till then, please be patient, remember how long you waited for this route, another week isn't going to kill you.

skyman771
4th Sep 2015, 19:34
NCL-TRC
This forum isn't about "killing" any route anywhere it's simply an one forum providing one to air their own views & if appropriate add information.
UA is a very live topic, & it doesn't matter "diddly squit" what views are aired here insofar as UA themselves are concerned as has zero influence on their global flight operations whether it be out of NCL or where ever.
Quite frankly I think they would be nuts if it did!, & I'm including all posts in this observation my own included:uhoh:
I think we all appreciate that an announcement is due soon, the point I have made is that it simply doesn't make commercial sense to hold out on a positive announcement, though there is perhaps one, as I see rather unlikely caveat to this observation, & that is that the decision is not being taken on a like for like basis & that they may actually be planning a variation on the service. In such case then your best chance & most impact in on the first announcement, anything else simply adds to the public's confusion.
However not one to sit on the fence I'll stick with my overall concern as to seeing UA at NCL in 2016.
& P330 yes I got that one wrong big time & ate humble pie, it would be a great pity if NCL are unable to retain & build on the opportunity presented.
maybe some more humble pie is overdue. Like all unconnected parties then I also don't know at this time.

Jamesair
8th Sep 2015, 21:28
NCL - DUS

I see that Eurowings will take over the operation of this route on 25th October 15

Things are going full circle as Eurowings used to operate this route on their own and later in partnership with Gill Airways.

EK77WNCL
8th Sep 2015, 22:42
The CRJ's are going as well so I wonder if they will drop DUS or send us an A320? It would rule out any possibility of a return to 2 daily but could they fill it just once daily? Maybe if fares came down. Kinda catch 22 there

Falcon900LX
8th Sep 2015, 23:36
I don't think we'll see an A320 yet but in a year or two maybe.

ash666
9th Sep 2015, 05:45
Newcastle International Airport submits response to Air Passenger Duty discussion:

Latest News - Newcastle Airport (http://www.newcastleairport.com/press-releases)

Jamesair
9th Sep 2015, 08:35
Todays GermanWings from Dus is operated by an A319

nclairportfan
9th Sep 2015, 10:32
Vueling showing 3 weekly NCL - BCN next summer.

HH6702
9th Sep 2015, 12:03
Great news for NCL

Good airline opens up new routes and connections.

Well done let's hope we get more from them in the years to come

Jamesair
9th Sep 2015, 12:50
VEULING

Operates Tu/Fri/Su 28/3 -13/9

arr. NCL 1310
dep. NCL 1350

EK77WNCL
9th Sep 2015, 19:11
Great news! I hope they add some connections to their website so you can connect in Barcelona

Knew it would happen sooner or later, Vueling was one of the airlines I thought were likely to serve Newcastle in the not so distant future, 2 down (United, Vueling) 2 to go (Wizzair, Turkish)...

Falcon900LX
9th Sep 2015, 19:31
Wizz Air could be a possibility, however there's other factors to overcome first. There's a whole host of airlines trying to get into NCL including RYR, who wanted to have 2 based A/C, but for reasons linked with Jet 2, isn't happening.
The truth is that NCL management don't want too many LCC's in fear of driving off Jet2.

HH6702
9th Sep 2015, 20:46
Why does Ryanair have to be a base?

Why can't these routes operate as a (w) from there other bases.

I do agree that they need to be careful and not overlap too much with the other carriers as it could go wrong and we end up with nothing.

Wizz is little known brand wise so Ryanair would make more sense.
I just don't trust Ryanair to keep the route.
Maybe if they can show to keep Alicante year round for the next 3 years or so then I may change my mind but until then.
2 aircraft base yes but let's hope for a range of new routes not ones already well covered.

Ryanair routes
Frankfurt hann
Madrid
Oslo
Bremen /Hamburg
Lisburn
Faro
Shannon
Milan
Venice

To name a few.
If they were to upset jet2 then they have no plans to start anything new !!!!!

EK77WNCL
9th Sep 2015, 21:21
Newcastle have done very very very well with their even split, 1/3 loco, 1/3 legacy, 1/3 charter - especially when you look at competing airports, East Midlands, Leeds, Liverpool even Bristol

Vueling is kind of somewhere in the middle, yes a loco but with IAG links and a large hub with connecting flights available, somewhat different to Ryanair's new Alicante flight (wishing that the best of luck)

To keep the balance if we can get 2 daily EK, secure United and maybe entice Turkish they could look towards adding more Ryanair flights along with encouraged Jet2 expansion. I very much doubt it but I'd love to see easyjet add a 4th aircraft and open up routes like Munich, Milan, Marrakech, Reykjavik, improve frequencies such as Bristol... Maybe more further afield winter destinations like Lanzarote, Sharm. I thought Mykonos in the summer from easyjet could be a nice addition.

I'm feeling confident about the next few years at Newcastle, I'm getting good feelings and I hope I'm not wrong!

I understand NCL not wanting to upset Jet2 but it's not worth hindering growth, I feel it's unlikely Jet2 would up and leave, not that I want NCL to start putting all (or any) of their eggs in the Ryanair basket

Long shot but could we see a Westjet 737 to Toronto?

NCL-TRC
9th Sep 2015, 23:29
There's a lot of it's and but's, however I'm confident too that we have a good future, looks like we might be needing that second pier before 2030, even this summer has been a bit tight for stands at the peak times.

highwideandugly
10th Sep 2015, 07:39
It must be the phase of the moon? Every so often out comes the pointless wish lists!!
Mind I found a book which I had wrote when I was 11 listing all the flights I would like to see operating from Teesside and Newcastle...no one on here has mentioned a daily Leeds flight?:)

Talking of shortage of stands..I see Newcastle are parking cars on some south stands...must mean airport car parking is completely inadequate or traffic is booming!
Also looking through notams..why are ATC services possibly restricted..they mention new equipment? Anyone know what that is?

HH6702
10th Sep 2015, 07:45
Hasn't Ryanair got a 2 based operation at Leeds now?
At the time Jet2 said they wouldn't expand anymore and withdraw aircraft?
Think the same happened at Manchester too?

However have Jet2 really done this?
Has it effected them as I'm sure they both still operating the same routes and some new ones?

LiamNCL
10th Sep 2015, 07:47
You mention United but so far its not looking like a return , Hope it does though

I see Icelandair is heading to ABZ in the new year , One of the routes i really hope appears at NCL soon

LAX_LHR
10th Sep 2015, 09:14
HH6702,

Ryanair have 3 based at LBA, and Jet2 have added aircraft at LBA since basing.

Ryanair have 7/8 based at MAN, and again, have added aircraft since the Ryanair base started. In fact, MAN is now Jet2's biggest base.

So, Ryanair basing is not a prelude to Jet2 stagnating/shrinking.

HeartyMeatballs
10th Sep 2015, 10:21
U2 have released their early summer schedule up until the end of June. Maybe someone's who a little more switched on than me has more accurate infor but from what I can see:

BFS - a slight increase (I think)
BRS - day return now only available on a Monday, other days the same.
BCN - similar frequency, no response to VY as yet but it's early days
GVA - staying as year round so that looks promising
SPU/RHO/CFU - jury's out. There's no message to say it's not available, but there are no flights showing. Anyone remember when they were available from this summer?
TFS - available this winter still
JER - similar to this summer
Beach flights to Spain/Faro all look pretty similar to this year
No sign of any new routes, or even if this years' new routes are remaining

GrahamK
10th Sep 2015, 11:57
Split looks like it restarts 25th June, and Rhodes and Corfu started July this year IIRC.

northumberlandairway
10th Sep 2015, 12:39
Also let's remember that Jet 2 expanded as EasyJet dropped routes and appeared to lose interest in NCL.

I don't see anything wrong with Ryanair trying a few routes from their existing bases, particularly those in Germany and northern Italy.

SWBKCB
10th Sep 2015, 15:17
Isn't NCL the only Jet2 base which isn't also a Ryanair base?

Skipness One Echo
10th Sep 2015, 16:17
Is BFS-NCL operated by a B737-300QC? Anyone know?

SWBKCB
10th Sep 2015, 17:04
Op by an EZY 319!

Didn't LS drop it a while ago?

GrahamK
10th Sep 2015, 17:24
Jet2 have never operated NCL-BFS

FlyBe do BHD on a Q400, and easyJet go to BFS with a mix of 319/320

SWBKCB
10th Sep 2015, 17:38
OK - thought it was one of the very early Jet2 routes.

GrahamK
10th Sep 2015, 17:42
Only domestics Jet2 operated from BFS were Blackpool and Leeds IIRC.

HeathrowDictator
10th Sep 2015, 19:25
The NOTAM is to cover the transition from paper Flight Progress Strips to Electronic ones (EFPS). The duration of the NOTAM allows for all 5 watches to transition over to the new system as in addition to getting used to the new setup, there are some minor procedure changes.

-HD-

highwideandugly
10th Sep 2015, 19:39
Thanks Heathrow..good luck!
But was does that mean!! Is that what the Scottish atc had all the problems with a couple of years ago?

EK77WNCL
10th Sep 2015, 23:38
Good to see Easyjet's team of monkeys have managed to cock up Bristol schedules even more! Or is that offensive to our primate counterparts?

Hope Split, Rhodes and Corfu return and glad to see Geneva serving them well. I do think Ryanair could be good for us in some ways, cheap flights, dump seats, create demand rather than cater for the existing market.

Budapest, Riga, Warsaw... There for Ryanair or Wizzair to take

If Alicante impresses I wonder if they might treat us to Valencia? Seville? Even Madrid or Lisbon? Canny hard to go wrong with Spain especially when you'd have the monopoly.

EVEN do a straight swap with Jet2.. They take Girona off FR, FR takes Murcia off them (what's the craic with Murcia I remember it was pretty much a daily 757 + 3/4 weekly Easyjet 737 at one time)

GrahamK
11th Sep 2015, 06:14
Bristol is twice a day mon, thurs, fri and sun by the looks of it. But yes, looks like it could eventually get dropped if pax numbers continue to tumble due to the messing about with the schedule

ATNotts
11th Sep 2015, 08:02
Good to see Easyjet's team of monkeys have managed to cock up Bristol schedules even more! Or is that offensive to our primate counterparts?

No, probably more offensive to a team that regularly produces profits, and returns dividends to it's shareholders.

I would bet the "monkeys" at Easyjet have a deal more acumen when it comes to route planning than all the posters on these threads put together! At least they run a successful business rather than jeering from the sidelines like a bunch of disgruntled premier league footie fans.

VentureGo
11th Sep 2015, 08:50
C'mon - no need to take thread down this route.

Valid point raised re timings and schedule for business pax to Bristol (and other destinations), however, I guess Airline planners do aim to make best use of resources to maximise profit potential. The trouble with Bristol & their region for daily return business travellers is there is not much of an alternative (Rail expensive and long journey times) Overnight stay in budget hotel with EZY will still be cheaper than alternatives.

NCL-TRC
11th Sep 2015, 09:07
I'm sure if EZY were to "kill off" BRS, then some one such as BMIR would be rubbing their hands in glee, even if they just pick up the top end of the business pax I'm sure they'd be able to make it work with a 50 seat Embraer.

apaul
11th Sep 2015, 10:07
Although Newcastle-Bristol is twice per day on four days per week the timings are still poor for business users. Only BRS-NCL-BRS on Mondays allows anything like a full business day. No surprise passenger numbers are falling.

TSR2
11th Sep 2015, 10:16

Very offensive remark from someone who quite obviously has no clue whatsoever in what is involved in route scheduling.

SWBKCB
11th Sep 2015, 14:58
Yep – EVERYONE knows that there are loads of high yielding business pax desperate for a day return flight to BRS.

It’s amazing that the route planners at one of Europe’s largest, most successful airlines with access to the details of travel patterns, price paid, yield, frequency of travel, etc, etc, can't spot that. Amazing.

Or maybe the data shows that there isn't?

is that offensive to armchair CEO's?

planenut321
11th Sep 2015, 15:23
If easyJet thought that there would be more yield generated in operating more rotations then they would.

Simple. They don't, so they won't.

EK77WNCL
11th Sep 2015, 15:37
But it used to work x3 daily with well over 250,000 pax per year, they're quite clearly cannibalising it... Yes NCL hasn't seen any net decrease really but it's still disappointing

SWBKCB
11th Sep 2015, 15:57
How can you possibly say "they're quite clearly cannibalising it"? How do you know?

LAX_LHR
11th Sep 2015, 16:09
Because 17 year olds from Gateshead know better, that's why!

Skipness One Echo
11th Sep 2015, 17:08
Do remind us what you do again aside from trawling GDS and certain airline websites all day so you can post on here first, always the first?

Domestic point to point is under pressure and easyJet do have the option to redeploy the aircraft to more profitable markets. Routes do sometimes carry many passengers for years then simply die with no one taking them up again. Think LGW-MAN for example.

easyJet do have a habit of refocussing on new opportunity at the expense of core and established if the new opportunity is deemed to be higher earning, which is the strategy which is doing very well for them.

He's 17, so what? #benice

LAX_LHR
11th Sep 2015, 17:23
Having to log in again meant, unfortunately, I had to see more crap from Skipness.

Why he simply doesn't 'let it go' with me, it's rather pathetic now.

What do I do all day apart from post news, well, what do you do all day apart from w**k over which BA aircraft has the new crest on it and put down anyone and everyone who makes the mistake of giving you the time of day. At least I post info that may be of use to some, what exactly do you post that is use to others, eh Skip? Put downs and condescension are not useful.

Oh, and the hashtag #benice. Firstly, you are in your 30's not your teens (although your attitude has me questioning that assertation),grow up. And, how's about you take some of your own advice instead of perusing this petty and stupid little grudge you seem to have with me.

canberra97
11th Sep 2015, 19:35
LAX_LHR

Thank you for that post and I am glad someone else is of the same opinion, he has done it to me and many others on here and on other forums so I applaud you for your reply back you couldn't have put it any clearer.

But of course he won't take any notice as I am sure your aware of, he will just stay away for a day or two and come back with even more of an arrogant attitude.

I myself always enjoy your very imformative posts but well done anyway for standing up to him I wish others did, he is like a schoolboy bully or the person in the office know one likes!

VickersVicount
11th Sep 2015, 19:47
LAX_LHR

Thank you for that post and I am glad someone else is of the same opinion, he has done it to me and many others on here and on other forums so I applaud you for your reply back you couldn't have put it any clearer.

But of course he won't take any notice as I am sure your aware of, he will just stay away for a day or two and come back with even more of an arrogant attitude.

I myself always enjoy your very imformative posts but well done anyway for standing up to him I wish others did, he is like a schoolboy bully or the person in the office know one likes!

Hear Hear! A consensus is growing.... time for a reassessment of behaviour! Less condescension would be a start... Clean slate anyone?

LAX_LHR
11th Sep 2015, 19:54
Thanks guys.

I honestly don't know what aim supposed to have done to the guy to make him have this petty and childish grudge.

Frankly, for a 30 something supposed aviation analyst, his attitude stinks. The fact he puts down others for 'misinformation' but gets so much wrong himself is frankly histerical.

Also, I do question his age and 'experience' as he still, after all this time, cannot grasp the notion that he is on block. I mean, what the actual f......

What pees me off the most though, is his cowardice. He draws you in with his arrogant, childish and petty attitude, then backs off while he runs to the mods to tell on you. I don't know how he continues to get away with what he does, but, it's getting rather irksome.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has the issue though, maybe the mods will see he is more of a nuisance than some....

intortola
11th Sep 2015, 19:57
Hadn't realised others felt the same, what ever airline or airport are being discussed there is 1 person that knows more than anyone else. His posts are very annoying.

eggc
11th Sep 2015, 20:02
I agree with all the above, but let's not let him ruin the NCL thread.

LiamNCL
11th Sep 2015, 20:56
Looking at the official airports tweets from a mere 6 Hours ago , Seems they are very confident of a return of UAL next year and of an announcement very soon ! Lets hope they dont get left with egg on their face

canberra97
11th Sep 2015, 21:25
The person in question even reported me to the mods and I have been banned from the British Airways forum because of him, at last people on here are seeing through him and I hope this time the mods are reading, the last few posts were a joy to read.

EK77WNCL
12th Sep 2015, 00:12
Maybe if some members could take a little joke and accept some #banter it might not all kick off

Of course I credit easyjet for everything they do, they're a great airline and offer some vital services to the North East, but the cessation of their Stansted route and the current Bristol situation is quite frustrating

I really hope United return for S16

#sortyourlifeoutEZY #welcomevueling #bringbackNewark #longliveUA #itwasjustbanter #avgeek

SWBKCB
12th Sep 2015, 05:43
Very odd press release re EZY on the NIA website - refers to "our Spring 2015 schedule" and record number of flights and routes, cos we are bringing back the ones we launched last year?

easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, has put its Spring schedule for Newcastle on sale for 2016 with a record number of flights and routes available for passengers to book now. Over 1,980 flights are set to take place to and from Newcastle International Airport between 21 March 2016 and 26 June 2016 providing more than 324,000 seats.

Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Commercial Manager, said: “We’re pleased to be putting our Spring 2015 schedule from Newcastle International on sale for our passengers today, allowing them to book early and take advantage of our lowest fares to cities and beaches across Europe. We’re committed to our network from Newcastle, providing 15 fantastic destinations for our passengers in the North East to choose from, including our three new routes to Split in Croatia, Rhodes and Corfu which started in June.”

oh, and "banter" is meant to be funny...

GrahamK
12th Sep 2015, 07:12
How many flights were they operating when they had 7 based a/c then? Very misleading PR...:=

HH6702
12th Sep 2015, 10:33
Could one of our A319's become a A320 from March 2016?

HeartyMeatballs
12th Sep 2015, 12:25
Not sure. I think it'll just stay at 1*320 and 2*319. I do know that those within wanted a fourth summer only aircraft but competition from other bases meant that didn't happen but still it shows the base has potential. Eventually every U2 base will be all A320 but for the time being think the larger bases will go all A329 first. I don't think NCL would have a problem filling a A320 and with that you've got a better CASM so it would be very good news, but I just don't see it happening.

NCL-TRC
12th Sep 2015, 12:33
Back to the Vueling subject, it seems from looking at their website that in April at least we've already gone from 3 weekly to twice weekly (Tuesday & Friday)

fl dutchman
12th Sep 2015, 13:07
It was always twice weekly at the start of the timetable. But it goes to 3 weekly later.

toon22
12th Sep 2015, 15:05
No one has mentioned APD
£26 on a return trip is a massive tax compared with competing modes.
That said, as a regular user of the route, the schedule is unusable on many days.

EK77WNCL
12th Sep 2015, 19:26
I'm flying NCL-BRS-NCL for a break with my girlfriend on the *only* flight that makes it worth the money you're spending, going Sat 24th to Mon 26th... Flying on the last Saturday flight as the winter schedule shows no saturday flights on or after 31st...

I think a 4th A/C on monopoly routes would be a winner for EZY... They fly to a lot more interesting and in demand destinations than they did back in (2007 was it?) when 7 737's were based. They're just the right middle ground, cheaper than LS (for pax) so create more demand as well as cater for it but they aren't as "cheap" as FR (from an airport perspective)

APD is immensely restrictive... a £26 reduction of a £64 fare would be no small amount! The sooner it goes or is devolved the better, for everyone

EK77WNCL
13th Sep 2015, 13:12
There's something going on in the skies above Newcastle... LS from Faro landed, EK been holding about 15 minutes and 3 others in the hold for 25

https://gyazo.com/0c11a73c40e0f41f6af92cfd7b5c7d06
https://gyazo.com/b33bebcfb4eda55a6844eff197a2b78a

EDIT: Might have been Red Arrows related

GrahamK
13th Sep 2015, 13:52
Some kind of emergency involving a helicopter

KNIEVEL77
13th Sep 2015, 14:17
Hi Graham,
Do you have any more info on the helicopter type, the Great North Run VIP shuttle Osprey 62 seems to be airborne as normal?
Thanks.

HH6702
13th Sep 2015, 15:16
yellow in colour didnt get a reg

KNIEVEL77
13th Sep 2015, 18:05
Any idea what the emergency was?
Hope all is okay.

nigel osborne
13th Sep 2015, 18:44
KNEIVEL.

Sadly media reporting a death at the north run.

KNIEVEL77
14th Sep 2015, 07:37
Hi Nigel,
A sad day for the Great North Run and for the family concerned however I'm not sure it was connected with the emergency at the airport although I stand to be corrected.
K.

HH6702
14th Sep 2015, 13:01
The helicopter came on with a generator problem I was told

HH6702
14th Sep 2015, 13:12
With Air Canada and Westjet adding a range of services from Glasgow and London Gatwick next summer and other airports on the cards in the UK

NCL must be high up surely.
Westjet are sending a 737 and a 767 to Gatwick daily.

They seem to be able to make the 737 work on the Dublin and now adding Glasgow and Gatwick.

I'm sure they could do a St.johns/Toronto service from NCL 2/3 x weekly and make money on it

SWBKCB
14th Sep 2015, 15:36
Unfortunately Westjet don't seem to agree.

VentureGo
14th Sep 2015, 15:54
Interesting effect of APD etc.. on Ireland v UK fares. Checked out Dublin and Glasgow flights to St Johns for 4th - 7th May '16:
Result = Dublin return £270, Glasgow return £440 - Guess NCL would, if operated be therefore higher than Glasgow, making connections via other hubs quite a bit cheaper, should Westjet ever decide to start a NCL service. Similarto United this year, high fares would push prospective passengers to use other connnections - Fares to Toronto & beyond are even higher

BAladdy
14th Sep 2015, 17:08
Westjet are sending a 737 and a 767 to Gatwick daily.
Westjet are sending a 737 and not 1 but 3 767's daily to LGW next summer

HH6702
14th Sep 2015, 17:27
APD makes a massive difference !!!

WestJet to Launch London Gatwick Service from May 2016 | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/14/ws-lgw-s16/)
There's the link to Westjet

Not sure if links are allowed if not sorry

Gatwick is 2x 767 and 1 737
Total of 4 new routes being served

Good catch for Gatwick
Let's hope NCL gets a link too

BAladdy
14th Sep 2015, 17:41
WestJet to Launch London Gatwick Service from May 2016 | Airline Route
There's the link to Westjet

Not sure if links are allowed if not sorry

Gatwick is 2x 767 and 1 737
Total of 4 new routes being served
According to this link Westjet plan to to operate 6 new routes to LGW.

YYT - Daily 737-700
YYZ - Daily 767
YVR - 6 x weekly 767
YYC - 5 x weekly 767
YEG - 2 x weekly 767
YWG - 1 x weekly (767)

That 3 x 767 daily and 1 x 737-700 daily

HH6702
14th Sep 2015, 22:17
The 2 and 1x weekly 767 will operate on the days the others don't so 2 daily.
I'm sure they are getting 4 767's for a few different routes

LAX_LHR
14th Sep 2015, 22:33
There's 3 B767 operating.

One for Toronto, 1 for Winnipeg/Vancouver and the third for Edmonton/Calgary.

Not sure what the 4th will be doing. They may choose to use it as a recovery aircraft as it will be their first full season of B767 ops.

malcolm380
14th Sep 2015, 22:44
have I wandered into the Gatwick thread by mistake?

Jamesair
15th Sep 2015, 14:20
In a reply to a Tweet today the Airport once again says they are "very optimistic" the United service will return next year.

EK77WNCL
15th Sep 2015, 15:29
Will we get any rugby world cup traffic?

SWBKCB
15th Sep 2015, 16:47
Unlikely given the games we've got - maybe some GA with sponsors guests and the like.

EK77WNCL
15th Sep 2015, 17:31
Ah shame, was hoping for something small like a South African A340 and maybe an Air New Zealand 777... Ho hum!

We could be lucky and bag a Loganair Saab

GrahamK
16th Sep 2015, 16:12
August selected pax stats:
Heathrow 43720 +8%
Aberdeen 1558 -33%
Belfast City 2922 -5%
Belfast Int 19016 +17%
Bristol 14992 Flat
Exeter 3613
Jersey 3330 +32%
Southampton 9819 +16%

Brussels 1825 +5%
Copenhagen 2101 +35%
Paris CDG 14402 Flat
Dusseldorf 3874 +14%
Dublin 18414 +16%
Amsterdam 35619 +2%
Stavanger 1311 -30%
Geneva 5703
Dubai 22409 +8%
Newark 4904
Sanford 2320 +2%
Cancun 2605 +12%

4.56m +1.8%

GrahamK
16th Sep 2015, 16:43
Newark 63.3%, 107 pax per flight average, cannot see this as being anywhere near good enough for it to return, can't remember how many cancellations in August however.

Dubai, 84.4%, so continuing to head in the right direction, just over 361 pax per flight average.

Spain and Turkey continue to be up and down, the Oil/Gas decline continuing to affect ABZ and SVG

HH6702
16th Sep 2015, 16:48
Newark 5 flights in total were cancelled.

3 outbound and 2 inbound

Think that figure will make it more like 67%

nigel osborne
16th Sep 2015, 17:01
HH6702

At 67% that's better but as its the peak month of the year not good to still be under 70%. Perhaps looking at over 80% to be a definite return next year.

However as its all about yield as long as the front end was pretty full probably get away with 60 odd % overall.

Fingers crossed it returns next year, surely deserves another go.

Nigel

HH6702
16th Sep 2015, 17:36
August United

4904 seats sold out of 6760 on sale equals 72.54% for the month

41 flights so 4904/41 equals 120 per flight out of an aircraft of 169

Remember yes it's the money made and they held the price no real discounts same as other airports.

Airport is saying it is coming back so let's wait and see
It was never going to get 80/90% in season 1....

I make it 60% full for the season a total of 14700 people using the route

160to4DME
16th Sep 2015, 17:47
At 67% that's better but as its the peak month of the year not good to still be under 70%.

67% is even worse than the UK route network in the depths of January or February.

Summer regional loads overall average out just below 90%.

Put LHR into the mix and it rises further.

I see United's site are offering Stobie via DUB currently for next year...

SWBKCB
17th Sep 2015, 05:29
Vueling announced

Vueling launches Newcastle to Barcelona low cost flights for 2016 - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/vueling-launches-newcastle-barcelona-low-10070878)

Jamesair
17th Sep 2015, 08:36
CAA August pax stats. The STN - NCL route was completely missing from the CAA figures. Hopefully this will be corrected when they are revised next week.

Jamesair
17th Sep 2015, 08:46
Flts UA74/75 EWR - NCL non stop 757 is showing in the United timetable this morning.

HH6702
17th Sep 2015, 09:20
Jamesair

This is good news.
I'm in Sunderland at lunchtime so going to ask my mate at flight centre what's in there system

Any info on how many flights per week?

Jamesair
17th Sep 2015, 09:34
Haven't had time to check properly but it looks like daily ex Wed. Hope to check start/end dates later

fl dutchman
17th Sep 2015, 10:12
26 May-6 Sept daily ex Wed.
Dep NCL 09.10 arr Newark 12.00
Dep Newark 19.20 arr NCL 07.30

Good News.

VentureGo
17th Sep 2015, 10:20
Direct non stop Fares showing as £978 rtn from Newcastle on 27th May, however option from NCL via Dublin is showing as £440 on same booking page.

Falcon900LX
17th Sep 2015, 10:23
Glad to hear officially it will be returning, I'll be booking up soon for June/July!

ATNotts
17th Sep 2015, 10:56
26 May-6 Sept daily ex Wed.
Dep NCL 09.10 arr Newark 12.00
Dep Newark 19.20 arr NCL 07.30

Good News.

Good news indeed. Shows commitment, shame however that it couldn't have been extended towards the end of October, this would help to test the market for the front end in the busier autumn period (for business travel) and perhaps pave the way for a year round operation.

HH6702
17th Sep 2015, 14:15
United fares. Wait another 24hrs not all fare types have been loaded onto system yet.

Let's hope they have another strong summer and maybe for 2017 the season gets extended.

Let's continue to walk before we run !!! Build this service up

LiamNCL
17th Sep 2015, 15:05
Hopefully the doom and gloom about this one year only route can be put to bed and lets be positive about it , The flight numbers have been changed closer to other UK numbers which may indicate this route will be given a fair chance

CentreFix25
17th Sep 2015, 15:07
Awesome, the pessimist in me thought it was a gonner - me of little faith. And an extra weekly rotation too.

Una Due Tfc
17th Sep 2015, 16:30
United fares. Wait another 24hrs not all fare types have been loaded onto system yet.

Let's hope they have another strong summer and maybe for 2017 the season gets extended.

Let's continue to walk before we run !!! Build this service up

I hope you're right regarding fares, over 500 pounds in the difference is bonkers. You couldn't put that purely down to APD.

nigel osborne
17th Sep 2015, 16:31
Well done Newcastle a relief to get UA back next year :D

Nigel

SWBKCB
17th Sep 2015, 16:52
I hope you're right regarding fares, over 500 pounds in the difference is bonkers. You couldn't put that purely down to APD.

It didn't take long, did it?

Una Due Tfc
17th Sep 2015, 17:02
I didn't mean to do the proverbial in anyone's pool, of course it's good news, and the extra weekly flight says a lot, but you have to admit a £538 per person saving on a family holiday would be an absolute no brainer!

It can't be right, it just can't be......

SWBKCB
17th Sep 2015, 17:21
Non stop flight now showing as £391 (27/05/2016 returning a week later), DUB £413 but takes four hours longer - suspect the £900 odd was the fully flexible fare (so apples being compared with oranges) :eek:

Una Due Tfc
17th Sep 2015, 17:24
Non stop flight now showing as £391 (27/05/2016 returning a week later), DUB £413 but takes four hours longer - suspect the £900 odd was the fully flexible fare (so apples being compared with oranges) :eek:

There we go so. Good stuff.

10 DME ARC
17th Sep 2015, 18:52
UA great news and 6 x week must have seen promise! Well done NCL management on securing this needed link and lets hope UA get the prices right!

P.S. And some great EK loads!!!

HH6702
17th Sep 2015, 19:22
Hi

Anybody else noticed that the above group seems to have invaded the UK market with a load of NEW routes and NEW UK departure points for next summer?

Iberia Express just put on sale BHX-MAD
IB now has flights from LHR,LGW,MAN,BHX and EDI
The only gaps being the north east and wales

With NCL gaining Vueling with connections via BCN im hoping that the 3rd big news could be gaining Iberia Express to MAD offering connections to long haul and short haul routes

Guessing 3/4x weekly could start in july 2016??

What does people think

EK77WNCL
17th Sep 2015, 23:40
I'm sure they'll at least be looking at us, as you say, quite a big gap. They'll probably wait to see how Vueling do I think, I have a feeling we're in for a good few years. Nice, gradual, sustained growth

jensdad
18th Sep 2015, 01:35
Not sure about Madrid from Newcastle as an O&D route. Sorry to play up to stereotypes, but the lack of beaches in the Madrid area means I can't see it working.

Iberia might be a different kettle of fish, but if they were to start, I think they'd need at least daily rather than 3 to 4 weekly - The main benefit of an Iberia service would, as you say, be connections, and I think you'd need at least a daily service to fully utilise the connectivity at Madrid.

The gaps you talk about - Wales and the NE (Iberia don't fly to the West Country or Northern Ireland either but I'm nit-picking) - are probably the areas with the least propensity to fly, so no real surprise there. I'd expect CWL and NCL to be way down their list after MAN, BHX, EDI etc.

mwm991
18th Sep 2015, 01:59
They don't fly to GLA either. Both GLA and NCL are fairly similar in their demographics as strong point to point holiday airports. Both aren't great when it comes to their offerings from major hub names. Many of the big names missing from both.

SWBKCB
18th Sep 2015, 05:34
Both aren't great when it comes to their offerings from major hub names
Not sure I agree with that! NCL has British Airways, Aer Lingus, KLM, Air France, SAS, Brussels A, plus United and Emirates all operating to their major hubs, a list that other comparable UK regionals would die for (ABZ, BFS, EMA, BRS, CWL, LBA, LPL).

What realistic hub targets are missing, FRA, IST, MAD?

ash666
18th Sep 2015, 11:42
Newcastle Secures Return of United?s Newark Link for 2016 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/251005/newcastle-secures-return-of-uniteds-newark-link-for-2016/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=the-hub&utm_campaign=the-hub-EU)

VickersVicount
18th Sep 2015, 14:10
Thats great, and with a frequency increase too. Hopefully a slow burner and will show better pax figures next year. Hadnt realised it was a reasonably short season.

P330
18th Sep 2015, 17:47
Fantastic news!

I have a plan, to get more routes into Newcastle, let's get Skyman771 to say what a crazy idea it is and how irrational everyone is. I reckon it will work a treat....

Just wish he could use some of this magic on the MME thread...:)

beedoubleu
19th Sep 2015, 07:23
Sorry missed off link and is on TOM board not MAN

DUBAI NAMED AS NEW HOME PORT FOR THOMSON CELEBRATION CRUISE SHIP - TUITravel Media Centre - Thomson (http://press.thomson.co.uk/dubai-named-new-home-port-thomson-celebration-cruise-ship/)

HH6702
19th Sep 2015, 11:00
Thomson is to base a cruise ship in Dubai for winter 2016/7

Ncl -DWC flights not sure how many

More good news

nigel osborne
19th Sep 2015, 12:24
HH6702.

Think its only 2 flts from most of the airports first season, not sure if its more from MAN,LGW ?

Nigel

HH6702
19th Sep 2015, 12:42
6 uk airports

Cardiff has 3 flights but still good news
Let's hope there is more too come

EK77WNCL
19th Sep 2015, 14:27
Realistically is there any chance if more regular (scheduled) Montego Bay flights from Newcastle and any other Caribbrean/Mexico flights. Specifically Cuba and Puerto Vallarta?

TOM dont do Cuba, which could be a slight problem

nclops
19th Sep 2015, 15:04
Think they've brought Cuba back for next summer but only from LGW (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so we would have no chance!

LandingConfig
19th Sep 2015, 15:37
Realistically is there any chance if more regular (scheduled) Montego Bay flights from Newcastle and any other Caribbrean/Mexico flights. Specifically Cuba and Puerto Vallarta?

TOM dont do Cuba, which could be a slight problem

Thomson flights are charter, you won't see a scheduled link unless it's Thomas Cook, their long haul flights are scheduled.

EK77WNCL
19th Sep 2015, 23:43
Well, buy scheduled I meant not cruise flights... i.e more than 1 flight per month

If Sanford and Cancun were at some point in the foreseeable future to end up x2 weekly each I think bi-weekly Puerto Vallarta could become feasible from TOM. And whatever happened to the Dominican Republic??? Thomas Cook and Virgin Atlantic would be our only hopes for a Cuba service... So all but hopeless.

Can anyone confirm what this new Dubai deal means for the Thomson cruise craic? If the ship is relocating to Dubai does that compliment our current Barbados/Montego Bay cruise charters or does it replace one of them?

canberra97
20th Sep 2015, 00:32
The Thomson Celebration will be relocating to Dubai from Dubrovnik where she will again be home ported during the summer 2016 season prior to moving to Dubai for the 2016/2017 winter season.

For anyone that's interested.

Summer season ship deployments for the Thomson Cruises fleet are as follows ship and port.

Thomson Celebration, Dubrovnik
Thomson Discovery, Palma (new ship, ex Splendour of the Sea RCCL)
Thomson Dream, Corfu
Thomson Majesty, Palma
Thomson Spirit, Malaga

Sean

EK77WNCL
20th Sep 2015, 02:03
Ah so will the new ship, the discovery, allow Thomson to continue to do their normal winter Caribbean quota along with the new Dubai cruises? i.e we should have Barbados, Montego Bay and Dubai cruise flights from TOM for 2016/2017?

GrahamK
20th Sep 2015, 06:02
Thomas Cook website showing Mexico as a destination, but unable to select anything after that. Probably reading too much into it, but could we see them taking an allocation on the new TOM flights?

HH6702
20th Sep 2015, 08:10
I think Thomas cook used to take seats on the Thomson flights a few years back.
Be nice if they used there own planes.

canberra97
20th Sep 2015, 10:23
EK77WNCL

With regards to your question, yes Thomson Cruises will have both the Thomson Discovery and the Thomson Dream based in the Caribbean during the winter 2016/2017 season so your still probably have the cruise charters as has been the case in the past along with the forthcoming 2015/2016 season of flights.

Sean

nigel osborne
20th Sep 2015, 14:51
EK77.

Think you have to remember that the TOM 787s long haul are all about going direct now.

So with NCL having only a 7,600ft runway some destinations like Cuba may be out of reach direct ?

Nigel

SWBKCB
20th Sep 2015, 15:13
I thought the 787 was all about point to point of smaller runways?

Charlie98
20th Sep 2015, 15:29
The 787 can make it out of NCL to the Caribbean with no issues. Cuba is a shorter flight that Cancun.

Looking at the Specs. On a dry and normal day the 788 can depart NCL at a TOW of 460,000lbs. If TOM use the higher thrust variant we're looking at about 485,000lbs. Shouldn't be a problem for the Caribbean as you're looking around 450,000lbs max.

nigel osborne
20th Sep 2015, 16:27
AWB.

Not that small..

check out the 787 specs and it gives take off distances and range.

Your looking at about 9,000ft even on a 787 to get to Cuba direct .

Nigel

GrahamK
20th Sep 2015, 16:41
As has been said, Cuba is a shorter flight than CUN, so the 787 should be able to do it nonstop from NCL without a problem.

Of course, it's rather unlikely to happen on a regular basis anytime soon

HH6702
20th Sep 2015, 18:20
Thomas Cook has added NCL-CUN holidays....

However its on Thomson.

LiamNCL
20th Sep 2015, 18:58
787 should be able to do Cuba no problem , CUN is further than Cuba

Falcon900LX
20th Sep 2015, 19:47
Flappers have made it out to CYYC from NCL so I'm sure a 787 can do Cuba...

EK77WNCL
20th Sep 2015, 23:38
Flappers? Hahaha but yeah NCL-CUN is non stop now and AFAIK no problems have arisen.

NCL-CUN is 4856 miles, NCL-VRA (Varedero) is 4533 and Sanford is 4219.

Varadero should be doable on an A330 (TCX) and definitely on a 787 (TOM/VS)

Wondering if TOM's DXB flights will be 787's or 757's?

Falcon900LX
20th Sep 2015, 23:56
Sorry, We use the term where I work it means A330. I doubt they'll use the 75, I can see them using a 767 though.

GrahamK
21st Sep 2015, 06:43
TOM's DWC (not DXB) flights are on the 787

HH6702
21st Sep 2015, 07:48
Good morning all

Well NEW week and ready for this WEEKS announcements ??

(Here's hoping)

MATELO
21st Sep 2015, 11:44
Thomson Cruises is to launch Newcastle to Dubai flights so that cruise fans can join up with its Celebration ship in the UAE.

Thomson Cruises launches Newcastle to Dubai flights for boat holiday fans - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/thomson-cruises-launches-newcastle-dubai-10099651)

HH6702
21st Sep 2015, 18:51
Hi all

The timetable has been updated again even though they have not updated the main page on website.

Missing from the timetable is Ryanair to ALC??

seems a little strange that the airport have not put a end date on the vueling flights? seems this maybe a year round service now?

HH6702
21st Sep 2015, 19:38
YES its OFF SALE already they fell out with airport or is there something we dont know??

Was hoping they may have added ACE for next winter

GrahamK
21st Sep 2015, 19:54
Ryanair 5 x weekly Alicante is bookable still for next summer

HH6702
21st Sep 2015, 20:47
Must have been updating website when i checked before was saying no flights

SWBKCB
22nd Sep 2015, 18:27
Newcastle International Airport named 'best large UK airport' for third year in a row - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-international-airport-named-best-10109135)

Falcon900LX
23rd Sep 2015, 00:13
More tosh, because 11,000 people took a survey it now denotes Newcastle to be the best. 64 million other people probably don't think so.

I wonder if there was geographical bias, where were all of these Which? readers located the North East?

I wonder how many people on here would vote NCL as the best uk airport... :rolleyes:

EK77WNCL
23rd Sep 2015, 01:02
I'd vote Newcastle best UK airport. Yes it's my local and you could say I'm biased but for it's size the routes it offers (except EU city routes, some silly schedules and a lack of London alternative to LHR, i.e LCY) are excellent, even airports significantly larger than us such as BRS, STN and LTN* don't have a Middle Eastern hub connection or a transatlantic connection, never mind both. Added to that out LS, EZY, TOM and TCX bases, most other UK airports have either or, not a wide variety and sizeable offering from all 4. I'd say that Newcastle deserves the award simply based on being an all round airport and as I said before, if they can improve our selection of EU city routes I'm sure it will continue to go from strength to strength.

I always try and pick NCL above other airports to support my local, I hope to fly United next year, I've used NCL twice this year, once on BA once on LS and I look forward to using it again next month on EZY. Never had a bad experience for which the airport has been liable, I've had delays before, one over 3 hours but the airport is, in general a very nice place to be, both airside and landside. I do enjoy sitting in the airport on the odd occasion just having a Starbucks, if there was somewhere to sit and watch the aircraft as well it would be perfect!

The airport has worked very hard over the last 18+ months to put it in the right place for future growth both in terms of airport experience and routes offered, and if the government back down on this bloody APD, hopefully spurred on by Scottish devolution... We should be ready for a boom from Newcastle. The best is yet to come! So congratulations on your hat-trick Newcastle and keep up the good work,

With love,
Martin x

*LTN has La Compagnie but that's a very niche route

studentpilotmcuk
23rd Sep 2015, 13:24
Newcastle is my local airport now. I adore seeing the aircraft fly over Marsden South Shields on their way into and out of the airport. I just wish for the A380 to be there too.

Realistically speaking what are the chances of Newcastle having a A380 fly into and out of the airport? I think this would be a massive task to achieve (building of new terminals widening of taxi ways ect) but is it doable.

I would also love to see more 330s and 777s fly into and out of the airport.

Regards to all

Stude :ok:

CabinCrewe
23rd Sep 2015, 18:26
everything is doable, but in this scenario, not at that cost

HeartyMeatballs
23rd Sep 2015, 18:54
If I was a shareholder I'd be deeply unhappy if they did decide to perform building works on the taxi ways and the terminals as it would provide exceptionally poor ROI. I'd much rather improve frequencies on current routes. A double daily DXB on an A330/777 would appeal a lot more than one A380 a day. Frequencies will attract more as very few people select a flight based on the equipment it operates.

Travel Agent
23rd Sep 2015, 20:06
Seriously this thread has got to be the most comical on PPRune, its embarrassing the amount of dreamers spouting tosh about "what would work" I am sure the airlines have done their maths and checked the demand and possible yields before basing aircraft.

There are many larger airports with bigger catchment areas who would love flights to the Caribbean, Middle / Far East and other EU cities that don't have them that would be well ahead of Newcastle in the pecking order......

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2015, 20:40
Where's the "Like" button? ^^^ :ok:

EK77WNCL
23rd Sep 2015, 21:16
I reckon an A380 for Emirates' 10th Anniversary is very possible, apart from that unlikely. I think we're probably likely to see another rotation on an A330/77L by around that time (Q4 2017) as well

TSR2
23rd Sep 2015, 21:59
Seriously this thread has got to be the most comical on PPRuNe, its embarrassing the amount of dreamers spouting tosh about "what would work" I am sure the airlines have done their maths and checked the demand and possible yields before basing aircraft.

Fully agree with that observation. Far too many wanabee airline execs.

SWBKCB
24th Sep 2015, 05:42
Newcastle Airport chief?s big American Dream (From The Northern Echo) (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/news/13777993.display/)

Bit of a misleading headline, as no reference to new American services in the article

HH6702
24th Sep 2015, 07:18
Link gone what did it say ?

Something else about to happen which we don't know?

Jamesair
24th Sep 2015, 08:23
Link is working..........mainly says that David Laws is using the United service to attract more operators to the airport.

HH6702
24th Sep 2015, 08:42
Had to search for it

Very interesting wonder what the next big thing is he is chasing.

Skipness One Echo
24th Sep 2015, 09:33
I think we're probably likely to see another rotation on an A330/77L
A330s are being retired and are mainly restricted to dead of night runs around Asia due to older hard product and dated premium cabins, and the B77Ls are very few in number with the small subfleet of B772s going soon. Poor analogy but EK have gone down the Ryanair route of having a pretty large smallest aircraft.

Hence getting to a twice daily B77W *may* be challenging and dependent on how much of a bloodbath we see at EDI with Qatar vs Etihad going after the same market as that would reach into NCL's catchment area.

Any overflow cargo can easily be trucked to GLA or BHX rather than have a less than full B77W sent to NCL.

HH6702
24th Sep 2015, 09:48
Think of the cargo we may need the second flight just to accommodate the cargo.

I hope that ncl aren't going after Qatar or Etihad to join ncl.
Wonder if they could get CX and the A350 in years to come

If EWR does good next summer I wonder if United may link up there other hubs with NCL like Edi?

StoneyBridge Radar
24th Sep 2015, 09:56
I reckon an A380 for Emirates' 10th Anniversary is very possible

I don't believe the apron's PCN will permit an A380 on it.

The runway's ok, but not the apron IIRC.

ATNotts
24th Sep 2015, 12:11
Think of the cargo we may need the second flight just to accommodate the cargo.

I hope that ncl aren't going after Qatar or Etihad to join ncl.
Wonder if they could get CX and the A350 in years to come

If EWR does good next summer I wonder if United may link up there other hubs with NCL like Edi?

Descending into cloud cuckoo land again me thinks!

ash666
24th Sep 2015, 12:21
I remember, "You must be in cloud cuckoo land if you think we will ever get a direct flight to the USA, it just won't ever happen"

HH6702
24th Sep 2015, 12:48
Well said ash666

Some on here said never to EK 777 and for United !!!

Most on here didn't see vueling coming !

So anything could happen in the cloud cuckoo cuckoo land we live in!!

Keep going ncl airport management team

ash666
24th Sep 2015, 12:50
I'm no big fan of most things NCL but at least the management dares to dream and live in, "cloud cuckoo land".

highwideandugly
24th Sep 2015, 12:50
Haven't Newcastle had a couple of AN 124 cargo movements? Don't think the A380 would be a problem for the apron.
Not sure about wing tip clearances etc?

EK77WNCL
24th Sep 2015, 15:19
I'm sure the 77W ACN is higher than the A380... 744 and A333 may also be higher but that could be made up.

Wingtip clearance would be a big problem, probably the only really big problem... But nothing a follow me car and a sh*tload of wing walkers couldn't fix :P

Charlie98
24th Sep 2015, 17:04
I think many need to remember that this isn't the spotters request forum. We need sensible discussion regarding truly plausable options. the A380 isn't getting into NCL, there isn't the clearance nor the equipment.

Cathay aren't coming as the airport isn't marketing for the route nor would it even be on the mind of any Asian airline route planner. Lets also remember, our runway is too small for far East services.

Vueling wasn't pie in the sky. It was highly plausible, as was United due to the continual efforts of the Newcastle team.

Focus on TOM longhaul and Euro expansion, not silly hub routes which would damage the likes of BAW and KLM.

ash666
24th Sep 2015, 17:56
"Lets also remember, our runway is too small for far East services."

777s manage to get to Bangkok from AMS and CDG without any problems. A good hub for Australia/NZ/China/SE Asia and even India.

GrahamK
24th Sep 2015, 18:15
A 777 flying from NCL to BKK would need to make a stop, say at, hmmm, Dubai for example? :ok:

ash666
24th Sep 2015, 18:22
Is NCL so much further away from BKK as AMS and CDG? Their 777s don't need to stop.

Jamesair
24th Sep 2015, 19:26
I think more realistic options would be Turkish or FlyPGS to Istanbul or Aegean to Athens, neither of which are served from NCL although Athens used to be a charter destination years ago.

CabinCrewe
24th Sep 2015, 20:12
Cant see anything happening with ATH anytime soon let alone from NCL.

NCL-TRC
24th Sep 2015, 20:38
The airport said quite clearly at the time when it published the latest master plan that they have no intention to develop facilities for ULA's, and the only way I can see that happening is if EK were to pay for it, so could we please put it to bed, if you want to see big planes them I'm told MAN has a pretty good viewing area.

RE ATH, given the current financial situation in Greece I doubt that's even a remote possibility, even with a LCC right now, IST On the other hand I think would have more of a chance, although I'd imagine the top brass's main priority rests with trying to get United to stick around.

jensdad
24th Sep 2015, 20:41
777s going from CDG or AMS to the Far East don't need to stop as those airports have longer runways than NCL, therefore they can take off with a higher fuel load.

G-TYNE
24th Sep 2015, 21:15
Using the United flight to attract more routes may suggest chasing Star Alliance airlines.

Common sense (what might have a small chance of working) would suggest Lufthansa, or maybe attempting to increase BRU. Although some on here would expect Auckland direct with Air New Zealand

ash666
24th Sep 2015, 21:18
777s going from CDG or AMS to the Far East don't need to stop as those airports have longer runways than NCL, therefore they can take off with a higher fuel load.
---------

Sounds plausible!

malcolm380
24th Sep 2015, 21:49
The success of UA in 2016 and any increase to year round will depend on targeted marketing of those OneWorld and Skyteam status members who currently fly frequently to the USA via Heathrow and Amsterdam. Deals involving keeping status if joining Mileage Plus, credit card offers offering big mileage bonuses, etc. those people need an incentive to change allegiance.

EK77WNCL
25th Sep 2015, 17:58
Has someone been buggering around with NCL's wikipedia?

Stating EZY are to drop Nice in June and Jet2 are replacing them
Also at the same time Jet2 are to drop Rome and Vueling replace them

*also has the wrong start date for Vueling BCN-NCL

HH6702
25th Sep 2015, 19:16
I wouldnt be suprised to see Easyjet dropping Nice.
Easyjet arent really doing city routes anymore from NCL.

If Jet2 took over the route i could see them making a better go at it.
However they dont really do alot of italian routes like they used to

Vueling i can see them adding more routes before they start flying from ncl in march.

Rome could be as its a vueling base but we never know

Think someone is messing around with it BUT thinks do appear there first at times..

HH6702
25th Sep 2015, 20:52
Jet2 has Rome on sale still so I doubt it

Vueling is offering Rome as a connection via BCN...

Is it not that easyjet have only put flights on sale till end of June.

I know that easyjet as looking at some new routes for Newcastle

10 DME ARC
25th Sep 2015, 20:55
Has someone been giving out free happy pills on this thread?? We have the dream routes, the A380 bit, the why can't a B777 fly to far east as it can from AMS and now Nice is part of Italy!!!
I don't add much these days, be adding even less with current trend!!:sad:

N707ZS
25th Sep 2015, 21:46
Might Easyjet eventually get squeezed out?

skyman771
25th Sep 2015, 22:46
I wouldnt be suprised to see Easyjet dropping Nice.
Easyjet arent really doing city routes anymore from NCL.

Might Easyjet eventually get squeezed out?

Here we go again !!

And even better :-

If Jet2 took over the route i could see them making a better go at it.
Really ? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that hopping around Europe in a 733 that is potentially older than a Ford Capri as progress.
One redeeming factor is I suppose that they are to go down the RYR road of leasing a new fleet of 738's...it can't come too soon, bring it on !

VentureGo
25th Sep 2015, 23:33
I think someone's just messing about on Wiki.....

Nice is popular as a City and Beach destination... and growing with easy links to Monaco, Cannes, Antibes/Juan-les-Pins, and St, Tropez within 1 - 2 hrs from Nice Airport from €1.60 BY COACH!

fa2fi
26th Sep 2015, 00:43
Who knows about NCE and U2. However I would bet a tenner the person who did that on wiki is a fan of Jet2 and the type that they fly. People need to realise that spreading sh-t merely for your airline fantasy w-nk bank is risking people's livelihoods. Think before you go changing wiki/posting on social media. Buy Airline Tycoon. But keep the nonsense to yourself.

HH6702
26th Sep 2015, 06:48
Easyjet...

Easyjet won't be leaving NCL..

It will however change its routes and maybe add new ones as they try and make as much money as possible.

Easyjet only have 6 aircraft due to be delivered until the end of next year so expect changes to the network to ensure the best returns possible.

We all know people have jobs and rumours of leaving will upset the crew.

I have heard from workers themselves that Easyjet are in talks with airport about adding new routes however it maybe at the cost of some already served routes hence the rumours of jet2 taking over some.

And before someone says it wasn't me that changed it

Homo Simpson
26th Sep 2015, 08:07
This thread is great for amusement. Keep it up lads.

Hipennine
26th Sep 2015, 08:18
The Ignore List option is a very useful feature. However, the NCL thread on my screen now shows lines and lines of "this message is hidden because xxxx is on your ignore list".

and now it's starting to happen on the Jet2 thread as well!

ash666
26th Sep 2015, 08:31
Don't some people like to act all high and mighty and attempt to poke fun at others, though never very successfully.

Yes, I asked about 777s going direct from NCL to Asia when they can from AMS and CDG because, as someone not involved in the business, it seemed a sensible question.

Jensdad managed to give a polite and sensible answer. Thank you to him.

It's a pity so many others here try to pretend they are so superior and know it all (even when subsequent events show them to be wrong).

Jamesair
30th Sep 2015, 16:05
The entries on Wikepedia re Rome and Barcelona have now disappeared

VentureGo
30th Sep 2015, 18:41
The entries on Wikepedia re Rome and Barcelona have now disappeared Jet2 is still showing on the Wikipedia Rome Airport site as Newcastle from Rome ends 24th June 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci%E2%80%93Fiumicino_Airport#Airlines_and_des tinations

Entry for Vueling to Newcastle (replacing Jet2) has gone.

G-TYNE
30th Sep 2015, 20:05
Don't believe everything you believe on Wikipedia - Jet2 seem to think otherwise as they're selling it all summer 2016

Jamesair
30th Sep 2015, 22:09
From time to time something real appears i.e. United to New York, long before it was announced last year.

Falcon900LX
2nd Oct 2015, 03:35
NCL - LAX also appeared last year 😂.

On a brighter note I'm happy with the competing airlines at NCL, it seems there a good range for the next summer season. Is Pegasus also making a return?

HH6702
2nd Oct 2015, 09:21
Summer 2016 yes sees Pegasus returns

We should also be seeing AEA on a Thursday teatime

Monday LPA flight that was done by TOM is showing TBA so one to keep an eye on unless they change the Naples to Alba star?

LiamNCL
2nd Oct 2015, 14:01
Once Hurghada finishes in November looks like TCX have no flights on a Tuesday through to Feb

Falcon900LX
2nd Oct 2015, 14:43
Just had info that the DUS flight will operate as an A320 on some days through the week.

EK77WNCL
2nd Oct 2015, 17:49
Hopefully lower prices and increase loads, but it has to happen at some point (or drop it) CRJ's on the way out. There's been a couple of A319/20 in recently anyway

nclops
2nd Oct 2015, 18:30
For the winter season it operates as a 320 on a Tuesday. CR9 for the rest of the week.

Boris1
3rd Oct 2015, 11:25
In the midst of all the madness, it appears that visitors such as the GAF Transall, and the Canadian Sea King have been overlooked.

Anyway, back to the 'topic', A380s wont be visiting NCL anytime soon. For EKs 10th Anniversary, they'll likely operate as normal with a terminal celebration with some Cake etc. An option for a 2nd flight in the evening 'was' being considered, as some of you may know. Nothing has progressed at present.

Good news RE TOM 78s operating the cruise charters to DWC, a few extra 'big plane movements' for the spotters/photographers.

Good cop for the airport with Vueling, a carrier with a good history of dipping their toes into the water, before a bit of expansion.

SWBKCB
3rd Oct 2015, 13:42
The Sea King and Transall might be of interest on the "Spectators Balcony" but quite rightly are not for this thread - what is their impact on the future of the airport?

Also, increased long haul from an established user such as TOM (no matter how limited!) is of interest outside of the spotters/photographers.

EK77WNCL
3rd Oct 2015, 23:18
Has easyjet added another weekly flight to Jersey from NCL for 2016?

Showing x4 weekly on the timetable

Jamesair
4th Oct 2015, 09:13
Yes....Jersey has increased to 4 wkly

EK77WNCL
4th Oct 2015, 20:03
Have any other un-announced changes occurred? I believe GVA has stayed the same, good sign that their foray worked for them this summer, their 3 new routes are returning, especially glad that Split seems to have worked.

I can see a slight reduction in Barcelona perhaps down the line, maybe to 3/4 weekly

HH6702
5th Oct 2015, 12:29
Edinburgh adds Rome direct with Vueling for summer 2016.

just maybe wilki pages are correct

Matt4
7th Oct 2015, 18:36
Looks like Vueling are doing 4 one off Christmas flights before their launch in March with the dates being,
23rd December
26th December
30th December
2nd January

apaul
7th Oct 2015, 19:06
Newcastle to Jersey isn't 4 times per week. Changes from twice to three times a week in late April and changes operating days in late June, but is still three times per week.

HH6702
7th Oct 2015, 19:13
Good news for Vueling adding flights over Xmas.
Would be nice to know how there forward bookings have been.
Something I know we will never find out.

Wilki pages have been updated again and the jet2 and Vueling been amended again I see

VentureGo
8th Oct 2015, 07:06
Just looked at Vueling's booking page for the December/January flights. Price is quoting from €5,999 to €14,999 Each Way ! - I guess the booking tool is not complete as not only are the prices ridiculous, but I would expect them to be quoted in Sterling when booking from UK

Heathrow Harry
10th Oct 2015, 09:08
they're hoping a few footballers will book before they adjus the prices.............

NCL-TRC
15th Oct 2015, 13:36
FR starting AGP from next summer.

HH6702
15th Oct 2015, 14:08
Good news with Ryanair so to speak.

Think they are trying to stop another low cost expanding (Vueling )
Who no doubts be looking at that route along with others

Expect Rome to be added soon also