PDA

View Full Version : NEWCASTLE - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

ash666
17th May 2013, 11:57
Routesonline

ROUTES EUROPE: Newcastle International Airport on Stable Footing :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/198881/routes-europe-newcastle-international-airport-on-stable-footing/?utm_source=the-hub&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=the-hub-EU)

Boris1
17th May 2013, 14:30
I think the issue in this forum as the moment is people thinking they are experts. I work in the airport business, and a lot of what's getting mentioned on here is untrue.

1). Why oh why are people so obsessed with Emirates? Yes it's our only scheduled long haul flight, but do we constantly have to blow smoke up their behind. It's not a glittering success story, and not a complete failure, but it's hardly consistent. Many a time have I seen NCL loadsheets of an EK 777 with LESS than 100 people on board. That's poor. Also, please READ articles. EK have expressed interest in a 2nd daily PROVIDING LFs etc increase. So people saying 'they will' and 'they are' are adding fuel to the fire.

2). USA flights - since when were these a case of 'when not if'. AA cancelled before start. CO scrapped BRS etc. DLs European hub is AMS, with strong links to NCL. They fill almost all flights daily, so why (using DL as an example here) would a US airline launch flights to NCL which would never regularly be full, when they can link to Hubs, fill planes and make ££, which is all airlines care about.

3) EL AL Etc, no chance.

Come on guys, lets be realistic when it comes to NCL.

Rod Hull
17th May 2013, 15:56
Hi all!

Does anyone know why Ryanair do not have a base in NCL, or if there are any plans for one in the future? Surely it would be profitable even with Jet2 and a diminishing Easy Jet presence.

SWBKCB
17th May 2013, 16:59
Why is it sure to be profitable? RYR have tried a number of routes through NCL and withdrawn, so I think if they thought they could make money here, or more precisely, more money than another base, they would be doing (there, that should get a NCL base by the end of the year...:ok:).

CentreFix25
17th May 2013, 17:36
I think the issue in this forum as the moment is people thinking they are experts. I work in the airport business, and a lot of what's getting mentioned on here is untrue.

1). Why oh why are people so obsessed with Emirates? Yes it's our only scheduled long haul flight, but do we constantly have to blow smoke up their behind. It's not a glittering success story, and not a complete failure, but it's hardly consistent. Many a time have I seen NCL loadsheets of an EK 777 with LESS than 100 people on board. That's poor. Also, please READ articles. EK have expressed interest in a 2nd daily PROVIDING LFs etc increase. So people saying 'they will' and 'they are' are adding fuel to the fire.

2). USA flights - since when were these a case of 'when not if'. AA cancelled before start. CO scrapped BRS etc. DLs European hub is AMS, with strong links to NCL. They fill almost all flights daily, so why (using DL as an example here) would a US airline launch flights to NCL which would never regularly be full, when they can link to Hubs, fill planes and make ££, which is all airlines care about.

3) EL AL Etc, no chance.

Come on guys, lets be realistic when it comes to NCL.

Another great and sensible post:D

HH6702
17th May 2013, 21:30
Centrefix25

We all know that they arent going to fill every seat daily on the flight.
We know that some days during the week there is under 200 pax onboard but some days there is over 400....

This shows that they need the bigger aircraft for certain days of the week.
Emirates are aware that some days they could use the smaller aircraft but for operational reasons its easier to just use the one type.

What EK are doing is maximising the route making sure they can offer the seats as per demand to ensure pax can travel through there hub and not LHR or AMS!!!!!

What EK are stating that is if pax figures contiune to rise and last month shows 26% year on year than what they are meaning is that some days will be full and some pax could if another flight isnt on sale start to travel via AMS or LHR....

You have stated that you get to see the load sheets??
Can you not tell us by spilt what days or how many days during april
there was over 300 pax onboard i.e

10 days - 100-150pax per flight
10 days- 150-300pax per flight
10 days over 400 per flight

??????

Also if the aircraft goes out full of pax then is any of the cargo off loaded until the next day??

as for the report on airline routes it still states they are after a link to the East and they had a better case for the route than dubai?????

CentreFix25
17th May 2013, 21:51
Why do you have my name at the top of your post HH - I've not stated any of those things. I just agree with the post of someone else - read it properly :ugh:

roverman
17th May 2013, 22:01
Little chance of seeing EL AL at NCL I think. They flew TLV-MAN for many years and then dropped it. Picked up by Jet 2 and lately by EZY. Manchester has a large Jewish community, both Orthodox and otherwise. Plenty of big hats and ringlets to be seen checking in at Terminal 1, and so whilst some might prefer to fly El Al, plenty are happy to use EZY/Jet 2.

LBIA
17th May 2013, 22:12
It would seem that plenty more people now like using easyjet and not sure much Jet2 on the MAN-TLV route. Hence the reason Jet2 are dropping there service at the end of the summer season....

skyman771
17th May 2013, 23:30
What EK are doing is maximising the route making sure they can offer the seats as per demand to ensure pax can travel through there hub and not LHR or AMS!!!!!
Precisely !!
EK.... the only reason that this keeps on cropping up is that there is little else to talk about, & certainly even less from other airlines / routes that is positive.
How many times have those that know have explained that EK is not only about Pax no's but also about freight. You must also note that to an extent EK are able to control pax demand and thus LF's by slick marketing / price control.
All comments on this thread re EK are simply each posters partially (at best!) opinion which are at times mixed up with the "Reggies" fantasies.
Guys it has all been said, you got your upgrade to 777 be happy.
You would be far better to discuss EZY, I had it on good authority that things were to improve, though there now seems to have been a major swing, as the base simply is not proving to be as profitable as they would wish & as ever they see it simply as a "bucket & spade" base with few exceptions. If Jet 2, the modern day "Dan Air" continue to make inroads into their market with their near time expired historic fleet of c. 20 - 30 year old "pigs" then I fear for the future of the EZY NCL base.

HH6702
18th May 2013, 00:18
If easyjet do get hold of those flybe slots at gatwick i can see them closing the NCL base and moving our 3 aircraft down there unless easyjet can use those extra slots with the aircraft they have already down there??

Increases from this summer to next summer

Corfu - 1 x weekly Thomson
Kefaliona - 1x weekly Thomson
Kos - 1x weekly Thomas Cook
Rhodes - 1 x weekly Thomson
Ibiza - 1 x weekly Jet2
Palma - 2 x weekly Jet2
Reus - 1 x weekly Jet2

Thomas Cook have changed one of the Thursday Dalaman flights to a Wednesday. This now means that there is a daily TCX flight to Dalaman from NCL!!

The above is what ive been able to pick up on from what is on sale.
Jet2 still have loads to put on sale.

If we have these many extra flights so soon if these get filled up before end of year then hopefully they will add extra before the season starts....

SWBKCB
18th May 2013, 05:46
You would be far better to discuss EZY, I had it on good authority that things were to improve, though there now seems to have been a major swing, as the base simply is not proving to be as profitable as they would wish & as ever they see it simply as a "bucket & spade" base with few exceptions.

If easyjet do get hold of those flybe slots at gatwick i can see them closing the NCL base and moving our 3 aircraft down there unless easyjet can use those extra slots with the aircraft they have already down there??

Interesting, cos I have it on 'good authority' that there are unlikely to be any significant changes either way - a few tweaks on routes/frequencies/destinations, but nothing that will alter the level of crews/aircraft based.

SWBKCB
18th May 2013, 06:08
March:

AMSTERDAM - 29,303 + 26%

DUBAI - 17,679 + 26%

PARIS - 11,327 - 29%

DUSSELDORF - 2,591 - 27%

GATWICK - 6928 - 4%

HEATHROW - 42,712 - 4%

April:

Amsterdam - 30,420 +29%

Dubai - 16,596 +29%

Paris CDG - 11,811 -26%

Dusseldorf - 2,805 -21%

Gatwick - 6,607 -6%

Heathrow - 39,898 -2%

Stats make interesting reading in relation to some recent airline decisions - and I know it's all about yield and not bums on seats and that Easter straddling March/April this year also has an impact.

But - two months of 20%+ increases show that EK know how to fill an A/C. Appreciate that they can shift pax around between GLA/NCL/MAN, but still impressive growth.

Also, EZY switching from CDG to AMS looks to have worked - assuming that most of the AMS increase is down to EZY, there has been a bigger % increase on a higher base figure compared to the reduction to CDG. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Could also be argued that the reduction on DUS has 'worked' - half the number of flights but only a 20-30% reduction in pax, so over capacity on the route previously?

LGW/LHR reductions both just due to Easter?

crewmeal
18th May 2013, 06:09
Careful folks if you keep on bleeting about EK and the numbers, after reading all these threads they might just put the A330 back on again:D

SWBKCB
18th May 2013, 07:52
Yeah, I understand that Pprune threads have a major impact on EK's route and fleet planning strategies... :ok::O

Ringwayman
18th May 2013, 08:41
But - two months of 20%+ increases show that EK know how to fill an A/C. Appreciate that they can shift pax around between GLA/NCL/MAN, but still impressive growth.

Growth rates in April for the airports where EK is the only operator to DXB:
BHX 3.36%, MAN 15.83%, LGW 19.32%, NCL 28.58%, GLA 49.74%

Average loads:
GLA 266.67, NCL 276.6, LGW 337.55, BHX 340.14, MAN 353.89

So where is the great "shifting around of passengers" between GLA/NCL/MAN?

VentureGo
18th May 2013, 10:42
Looking at the report Ash linked to a few days ago below, indicates the thinking behind future growth at Newcastle as it is being presented to the new shareholders (AMP)

From ASH666 "Routesonline

ROUTES EUROPE: Newcastle International Airport on Stable Footing :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/198881/routes-europe-newcastle-international-airport-on-stable-footing/?utm_source=the-hub&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=the-hub-EU)Away from these long-haul markets the airport has plans to further expand its domestic and European offering as well as strengthening operations to existing markets. The return of an important link to Brussels is a priority after Brussels Airlines pulled the route at short notice earlier this year, while the Continental European network wishlist includes a range of other destinations including Berlin, Madrid, Milan; markets Sanders believes can be sustainably served on a twice or three times weekly basis. In the UK, the return of a London Stansted link is one option for growth, although more favourably the airport would like to see the introduction of a jet aircraft on Flybe’s London Gatwick flight replacing the existing Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 with an Embraer 175.

Our aim is to be the most welcoming airport in the UK and this year, we’re going above and beyond once again for our customers,” said Sanders. “Last year was a great year for the airport as well as the North East travelling public. We secured a number of new routes to sought-after destinations, were honoured with the AOA Award for best UK airport under six million passengers for the fourth year in the row and welcomed a 50 per cent increase in seats on our Emirates service to Dubai with the debut of the 428-seat Boeing 777-300ER. We also officially opened our £3.2 million terminal development.” A small growth in passenger numbers in 2012 ended five consecutive years of declines and following only a modest decline in 2011 shows stability in the local market. Latest data from the UK CAA data shows positive growth for the rolling 12 month period until February 2013 with traffic up 0.6 per cent from to 4.34 million passengers, ranking it as the country’s eleventh largest facility. Much of this growth again relates to the success of the Emirates route to Dubai, but also an increase in flying from easyJet which has just celebrated its tenth anniversary of operations at Newcastle.

The airport is now looking to the future and is in the process of redeveloping its master plan strategy which will show its aspirations up to 2030. It is currently a key business in the North East of England providing both employment opportunities and driving the development of the local economy. According to latest company data, the airport employs 3,200 people on site and contributes more than £646 million to the North East every year. It supports £182.4 million in Gross Value Added (GVA) through on-site activity, £27.4 million through directly related off-site activity and £135.7m in GVA through indirect and induced effects in the North East. While, on the basis of 2012 traffic levels, analysis by York Aviation suggests the services provided by the Airport will bring economic benefits of £243.2 million to the region.

"It amazes me when you look at events like these events and the number of lives that will be changed for the better, the growth in business and the economic development the decisions that are taken will bring to any country. I really wish the UK Prime Minister and other senior Government officials could take time and visit a Routes event, see what goes on and how important this industry is."
Chris Sanders,
Aviation Development Director, Newcastle International Airport

A key part of Newcastle’s network development strategy involves attendance at the spring Routes Europe regional event and the autumn World Routes forum. For Sanders this is an important part of his annual diary and he has attended each Routes Europe since 2009, while he has been at almost every World Routes event. “The events on one hand enable us to maintain relationships with existing customers, where it would difficult and expensive to see them all. On the other hand it allows us to speak to potential new partners while also catching up with industry colleagues to better understand developments across the sector all across a three day period,” said Sanders.
He also had a special message for the UK Government. “It amazes me when you look at events like these and the number of lives that will be changed for the better, the growth in business and the economic development the decisions that are taken will bring to any country. I really wish the UK Prime Minister and other senior Government officials could take time and visit a Routes event, see what goes on and how important this industry is,” said Sanders. A good time perhaps to highlight that Emirates’ daily Dubai service from Newcastle will raise around £8.5 million for the Government through its controversial Air Passenger Duty tax.

Jamesair
18th May 2013, 15:12
Interesting to read the airport's priorities after New York (of course) Brussels..a new operator...Berlin, Madrid and Milan at 2/3 weekly. Stansted and a jet on the Flybe Gatwick route.

CentreFix25
18th May 2013, 16:27
...all of which could easily be operated by current based operators, you have to ask why they don't?

SWBKCB
18th May 2013, 17:44
Well maybe not New York, unless you're expecting Jet2 to change their operating model.

Except for Madrid, all the others have been tried and dropped at least once, so it looks like a tough ask even though it's a more realistic wish list (no Frankfurt?).

Growth rates in April for the airports where EK is the only operator to DXB:
BHX 3.36%, MAN 15.83%, LGW 19.32%, NCL 28.58%, GLA 49.74%

Average loads:
GLA 266.67, NCL 276.6, LGW 337.55, BHX 340.14, MAN 353.89

So where is the great "shifting around of passengers" between GLA/NCL/MAN?

In the bin! Apologies, should have checked my facts, although I understand that EK have used special offers, etc to build momentum on new services/upgraded routes at the expense of existing routes - obviously not in this case, an impressive set of figures all round!

Ringwayman
18th May 2013, 18:33
There will be a little leakage from BHX + NCL to MAN which will be down to first class product out of MAN; I wonder if any leakage from NCL to GLA will exist for a similar reason?

Honestly believe it's more of medium to long-term thing for EK to go 2 daily at NCL. I don't think they've announced configurations for the A350s yet but I can see NCL getting 2 A350-900s.

AMS70
18th May 2013, 19:37
There's little hope of even Jet2 restoring flights to SSH and Thomas Cook reviving their planned HRG route. Three words, Air Passenger Duty.

EL AL to Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion - unlikely, even if APD Band A (Europe/Morocco/Tunisia) was extended to cover the entire Mediterranean coast including Israel. No chance of that happening either. There just isn't the demand anyway.

HH6702
19th May 2013, 00:07
I would like to think that JET2 would start from NCL Milan, Berlin and Madrid for next summer.

2/3 x weekly would work well with there other choice of city breaks from NCL

GrahamK
19th May 2013, 07:53
More sunshine routes I'd expect. Maybe Funchal, Zakynthos, Larnaca, Antalya maybe?

alex207
19th May 2013, 08:12
Would jet2 operate at Bergamo or Malpensa? If the started operated the milan route. Year round would be great for skiers and summer for visiting many of the surrounding lakes and of course milan!

Hipennine
19th May 2013, 09:02
IIRC,(whenever I travelled on it) the FR fights to Bergamo were well loaded (I know, that says nowt about yield), but then they changed it to the stupid flight times - a post midnight arrival into a provincial N.Italian airpoprt is not a lot of good to anybody, and consequently the numbers dropped off a cliff.

However, lots of airlines have tried both Bergamo and MXP from various UK regionals in the past decade, and very few of these routes have survived for whatever reason.

EK77WNCL
19th May 2013, 11:40
I flew RYR from NCL-BGY with family and although I was young, I'm pretty sure that the flights were quite full...

I also flew on Jet2 LBA-BGY alone last August and on the flight out I was sat next to a geordie who happened to live merely a mile away from me and he was travelling in a large group of family and friends consisting of about 10 people and I don't know how many were on my flight but I heard quite a few north eastern accents around LBA and then on my flight back to LBA I was sitting next to another couple who used to live, again about 1 mile away from me and who now live in Durham.

So there's definately some demand there from NCL and LBA and although both flights were easily 90-95% full (again, shows nothing of yeild), unfortunately the inevitable has happened and LS has surrendered the BGY route to RYR. Unfortunately due to their, for want of a better word, parasitic nature I cannot see this being the last example of this. Therefore I cannot see Milan being restarted just from NCL although there would be no competition and anything can happen... We'll just have to wait and see.

Madrid, I'd like to see it but I would be doubtful again. Berlin I think could work although using Schonefeld might put some people off especially businessmen, however the low fares could balance that out. Finally, Funchal I'd like to see however could Newcastle support two flights leaving on the same day within an hour of each other? Maybe/maybe not, but Jet2 holidays and Thomson cater for different markets.

All we can do is wait and see, however I think that if Jet2 do up themselves for 2014 (as they were supposed to this year) to 2 757's, 4 733's and 2 738's, we can see some new routes... Now just to get rid of this bloody APD.

VickersVicount
19th May 2013, 11:43
"I flew RYR from NCL-BGY with family and although I was young, I'm pretty sure that the flights were quite full..."
That's what we like, good hard statistically significant facts....;)

alex207
19th May 2013, 12:15
I have family in the area around Milan and the North-East of England is loved by the locals and Italians with the coast and there favorite is Hadrians Wall and Milan a big economic city. It obviously has the market lots of UK airports have Milan links so why cant NCL have one!

EK77WNCL
19th May 2013, 16:23
@VickersVicount, hahahaha I'm a very statistical person ;)

I do have a horrible feeling that Jet2 might be reaching it's NCL peak just as Easyjet, Flybe and to a lesser extent Thomson and Thomas Cook have.

SWBKCB
19th May 2013, 16:28
It obviously has the market lots of UK airports have Milan links so why cant NCL have one!

Perhaps airlines look at the fact that RYR tried NLC-BGY in better times than now and then dropped it.

Similarly Berlin has been tried and dropped before from NCL.

Jamesair
19th May 2013, 19:25
Berlin, I recall, was operated daily by Easyjet.....2 or 3 weekly might be a better proposition.

HH6702
20th May 2013, 01:02
Both Berlin and Milan had good loads and these routes did work at the start.
What went wrong with these routes were the timings of these flights.

Having the flights leaving NCL late in the evening was never going to work
However if JET2 could do the following these would work

say a 7am dept to Milan arriving back lunch time and an early afternoon to berlin and these flights would work and im sure that they could get the loadings required.

Funchal would only work if they had Thomas Cook and Thomson taking a seat allocation on the flight and the flight operated say on a Thursday.

That way Jet2 can offer a weekly flight but it would also give Thomson and Thomas Cook holidays the option of offering 10 nights along with the 7/14 nights currently offered. its a long shot of that happening in the next few years.

Zante could work along with other greek/turkish resorts

Could Jet2 pick up on Paris as another city break option not daily but say 3 x weekly??

deltahotel9
20th May 2013, 14:51
For passengers at least the problem with Berlin in the end was timing, very late evening arrival was no use to anyone, by the time you got to the centre it was midnight. I'd like to see this restarted too but very little chance before the new Brandenburg International opens, so don't hold your breath, in very untypical German fashion it's already over 3 years late in opening and still no date confirmed but not before April 2014!

EK77WNCL
20th May 2013, 16:39
I think Jet2 or easyjet could make a killing on a Paris flight. I know EZY didn't work at what? Almost 2 daily... But if they were to do maybe a 4-5 weekly flight, timed correctly, they really could make a lot of money because Air France cannot be described as anything other than extortionate now that they have the monopoly. Either that or I don't know if Air France upgrading to E190/A318 could bring prices down a little?

If Jet2 were to start a FNC flight it would either be on a Tuesday or a Friday, my mistake earlier thinking they flew on Mondays, (which is the 1 main UK changeover day on Madeira) I think that Jet2 and Jet2 holidays could themselves sustain a weekly 737 300 to Madeira alongside TOM's 738 flights. They appear to have done well with their x1 weekly 733 (now 738 and occasional 752) from Leeds and their x2 weekly 733 (again, now 738 and occasional 752) from Manchester. They have also now announced Funchal from East Midlands from April next year on the 737 300.

As I've already said, with the substantial expansion at GLA and EMA. I do fear for LS at NCL right now, unless something big happens this winter.

fl dutchman
20th May 2013, 17:49
I think you will find Easyjet to Paris was never more than daily. Only in recent years has the frequency been reduced to less than daily. Was it not one of the first Easyjet routes from NCL nearly 10 yrs ago. So it must have worked at some point.

I understand the AMS (Easyjet) will be a slightly reduced frequency next winter vs this winter. I also understand the KL loads to AMS have held up well and that the AF loads to CDG have not changed significantly since Easyjet dropped the route.

apaul
20th May 2013, 18:17
EasyJet to Paris was twice daily for a short period.

fl dutchman
20th May 2013, 18:47
Cant remember that. Must be loosing it.

macuser
20th May 2013, 21:36
Anybody know how pax figures are to JER now there are two operators on the route?

fl dutchman
20th May 2013, 21:50
2033 pax used the route in April. dont know the split Flybe(once a week) and Easyjet (twice weekly).

Falcon900LX
20th May 2013, 22:23
I wonder why people wish new routes on here. No offence but I'll never understand, Airlines analyze numbers, figures and website searches for places people want to fly too, ect.. They know a hell of a lot more than the majority of people proposing new routes on here, most of them have been tried or failed, it's pointless saying "well I know people who want to go to America and only want to fly from Newcastle" obviously the place has been deemed unviable or else you'd have your daily link with the Yanks; C'mon guys be realistic. Don't plan out routes that ain't going to materialize it's just pointless and time wasting why not make a makeshift spotters area or something idk.. lol

macuser
20th May 2013, 23:16
Thank you

Seems a good start to the season

M

Charlie98
21st May 2013, 07:00
Many said Emirates wouldn't last at NCL :} so we'll never really know -APD is a huge player

skyman771
21st May 2013, 21:54
Many said Emirates wouldn't last at NCL
Here we go yet again same old record round & round ! yawn!, yawn! yawn!, give it a rest !!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Falcon900LX
22nd May 2013, 17:48
Agreed with the above comment, I'm sick of the sight of a triple 7 too! :ugh:

EK77WNCL
22nd May 2013, 19:44
Falcon900LX, I don't think the point was that they were sick of the 777... I think the point was that people keep saying "people said EK wouldn't work from NCL"

Also HOW can you be sick of a 240 foot long, 210 foot wide tank of an aircraft with two, hell raisingly powerful, 8 tonne GE90-115B's strapped under some of the best, most efficient and most beautiful wings ever constructed coming into NCL every day!?!? Haha

You'd never guess I'm actually an Airbus man ;)

TSR2
22nd May 2013, 21:51
You'd never guess I'm actually an Airbus man

What .... at your age :D

Falcon900LX
22nd May 2013, 21:57
Falcon900LX, I don't think the point was that they were sick of the 777... I think the point was that people keep saying "people said EK wouldn't work from NCL"

Also HOW can you be sick of a 240 foot long, 210 foot wide tank of an aircraft with two, hell raisingly powerful, 8 tonne GE90-115B's strapped under some of the best, most efficient and most beautiful wings ever constructed coming into NCL every day!?!? Haha

You'd never guess I'm actually an Airbus man

It's big and boring, I'd much prefer the 738 or the 752 any day of the week.
:)

Skipness One Echo
22nd May 2013, 22:12
You'd never guess I'm actually still single given the paragraph above? Don't make the same mistakes I did....

Jamesair
23rd May 2013, 08:20
Easyjet has just bought 25 slot pairs at Gatwick from Flybe for £20m. The NCL - Gatwick service will operate until the 29th March 2014.

alex207
23rd May 2013, 15:05
Could EZY take the route on?

EK77WNCL
23rd May 2013, 16:00
Skipness, how did you know??? :P

and Falcon 900LX, hmmm 752 vs 77W. Now that is actually a very tricky one...

Oh dear oh dear, either EZY will pick up LGW, leaving little hope for a STN/SEN route or BA may add another LHR flight and hike their prices up more.

10 DME ARC
23rd May 2013, 21:29
Please this is a professional network could all the people who give opinions based on wether they like the look of the B773 or not or even less opinionated comments please go to the MME thread where you will find lots of comments on caravans and other non aviation events and leave this 'aviation' thread alone!

Falcon900LX
23rd May 2013, 21:38
Isn't that what aviation is about, Whether the 77W looks good or not I thought it was :rolleyes: (Sarcastic comment in case anyone didn't get it..)

mad_rich
25th May 2013, 10:44
Just noticed the Emirates arrival coming over Gosforth and turn towards the coast again.

Checked on Flightradar 24, and it had gone around.

Five minutes later, and it's back again! Anyone know what's happening?

MATELO
25th May 2013, 10:51
Aye, just seen the same. Looks like a longer pattern this time back over the sea. The Southampton flight overflew the runway at 3k too.

mad_rich
25th May 2013, 10:55
Theres a t weet

@meghudson92
Newcastle Airport on lockdown people!! Its closed .. Hope non of you are planning to travel today .. Not sure whats happened as of yet

Emirates descending now, so maybe going in this time.

MATELO
25th May 2013, 10:58
@meghudson92
Newcastle Airport on lockdown people!! Its closed .. Hope non of you are planning to travel today .. Not sure whats happened as of yet

Somebody nicked a pastie from Greggs. :O

EK77WNCL
25th May 2013, 11:09
Had a call from Northumbria Flying school to say theres a light aircraft off runway. That's all I know.

alex207
28th May 2013, 18:15
Do you think with the loss of LGW flybe service Virgin Atlantic little red could introduce a new service to LHR or maybe even start domestic at LGW?

VickersVicount
28th May 2013, 19:00
If loads on current high rev business VS domestics are anything to go by, I wouldnt have thought so

BAladdy
29th May 2013, 00:31
Do you think with the loss of LGW flybe service Virgin Atlantic little red could introduce a new service to LHR or maybe even start domestic at LGW?

There is no longer enough demand on the route to warrant a new operator starting a 3 x daily A320 service. BE have for the last 5 years managed to do something that BA and LS both failed to do before them, thats make the NCL-LGW viable. They did this by matching capacity and frequency with demand.

The Flying Stool
29th May 2013, 11:13
Any more news on the light aircraft incident?

magicninja
30th May 2013, 09:51
The aircraft involved in the accident (g-kart) has been picked up by my radar the last few days flying so the aircraft must have been okay.

The tyre burst causing it to leave the runway

jensdad
30th May 2013, 18:16
The Chronicle are reporting that Jet2 are adding a new destination from NCL: Portoroz (!) in Slovenia. The article wasn't too clear on if this is actually a new flight or if it 's just a new holiday destination served by the extant flights to Pula? The article did say that they already serve 25 destinations (i.e. airports rather than holiday resorts ) so it did look as if it's a new flight.
If it is, good luck to them, it's great to see a new destination. It's a gamble as it will take pax away from Pula and possibly even Venice.

HH6702
30th May 2013, 22:17
Looks like you fly with jet2 to Rome and then change onto denim air who will then fly you to portoroz

fl dutchman
30th May 2013, 22:22
Is Portoroz not a resort near to Pula and Porec. Used to be available with Yugotours and Airways via Pula not sure if it has an airport but could be wrong.

Correction it does have an airport with a 1200mtr asphalt runway.

jensdad
30th May 2013, 22:46
HH6702 ... thanks for that. An unconventional way to get to Slovenia, but it'll do the job.
Fl Dutchman... It's in the little bit of Slovenian coast between Croatia and Trieste. Only about 40 or so miles from Pula , hence my surprise when I thought they were flying there direct. There is indeed an airfield there, but it looks on Google Maps like they'd struggle to get a 737 into there. Those Denim Air Fokker 50s will manage it though :).

Sam Chipperfield
31st May 2013, 07:50
Noticed 2 Easyjet A320's leave NCL this Morning, Is there 2 Based here now?

SWBKCB
31st May 2013, 14:17
No - the BRS-NCL-AGP-BRS flight can sometimes be a 320 (and was this morning)

HH6702
31st May 2013, 22:10
Just been looking at the flybe timetable and it shows direct flights to paris cdg from ncl?? are these codeshare with Air France?

VickersVicount
31st May 2013, 22:45
GLA BE flights to CDG are classed as direct but are not

Charlie98
31st May 2013, 22:49
Why was their 763ER flying our Tenerife rotation? Did the 757 go tech?

JKKne
31st May 2013, 22:57
Was that the Blue Panaroma? Saw that earlier

onyxcrowle
31st May 2013, 23:44
That Blue Panorama is heading to Newcastle right now.

Charlie98
4th Jun 2013, 06:14
YL-LCL (MT) has gone tech at Dalaman - don't know if they'll be bringing in cover for today's other flights or trying to use the 757s to clear it

JonnyH
4th Jun 2013, 11:34
Looks like they've got a different aircraft to replace the ALC flight that YL-LCL was supposed to be doing as it is returning now and the flight to ALC is still delayed for another 5 hours..

Also, could anyone please tell me what aircraft has been flying NCL-LPA in the last couple of weeks? Booked to go with TCX a week on Saturday and cannot find for the life of me the previous flights. Received an email a couple of months ago with an amended flight time and different aircraft (changed from A320 to 752) and wanted to know if it was still a 752 doing the rotation and if it was a leased aircraft similar to YL-LCL at NCL.

Cheers.

magicninja
4th Jun 2013, 15:02
Depends what day

BAladdy
4th Jun 2013, 15:29
Also, could anyone please tell me what aircraft has been flying NCL-LPA in the last couple of weeks? Booked to go with TCX a week on Saturday and cannot find for the life of me the previous flights. Received an email a couple of months ago with an amended flight time and different aircraft (changed from A320 to 752) and wanted to know if it was still a 752 doing the rotation and if it was a leased aircraft similar to YL-LCL at NCL.

What date are you flying out?.

Have checked the flight that went on Saturday as well as the flights due to depart for the next 6 weeks and they are all showing as being operated by a 752.

SWBKCB
4th Jun 2013, 17:00
Looks like they've got a different aircraft to replace the ALC flight that YL-LCL was supposed to be doing as it is returning now and the flight to ALC is still delayed for another 5 hours..

YL-LCL is back in service - arrived back from DLM earlier. Alba Star subbed in to operate ALC in reverse, so schedule should be back on track.

LS continuing to use JetTime.

JonnyH
4th Jun 2013, 17:16
Flying out on the 15th. Any idea of what reg?

And for the pervious post, I thought there was only 1 TCX flight a week to LPA which is Saturday..

Charlie98
4th Jun 2013, 20:30
Not likely to know the reg untill basically the same day

IrishFlyer2013
4th Jun 2013, 20:39
G-FCLF operated NCL-LPA on th 01 June and G-FCLI operated it on the 25 May. One of these a/c could operate it on the 15th that is unless there is an aircraft change within the next week and a half.

MATELO
5th Jun 2013, 20:52
Thompson s Dreamliner.

Just been informed it is doing a few rounds of airports at the min departing and going back to Man. Any news if it is popping over to the north east.

VickersVicount
5th Jun 2013, 21:08
Thompson's ?

SWBKCB
5th Jun 2013, 21:11
No (not even those of Thomson's :E)

ash666
5th Jun 2013, 21:14
Are people doubting Thomsons plan to run a Dreamliner?

BBC News - Thomson Airways upbeat as Dreamliner arrives (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22728024)

SWBKCB
5th Jun 2013, 21:25
Ok - I'll make it simpler. There are no plans for the Thomson's 787's to visit Newcastle on the current flights they are undertaking prior to service entry.

No doubt we'll see them eventually on long haul IT's. What is all the fuss about?

Travel Agent
5th Jun 2013, 21:27
They already announced it some months ago that it would do NCL-CUN from Summer 2014 onwards

Charlie98
5th Jun 2013, 21:38
All BY long haul flights next year are opperated by the Dreamliner at this time

Also to the above we start getting the Dreamliner inbound from CUN within the next few months.

GrahamK
6th Jun 2013, 08:21
The TOM 787 is on thw Cancun during April 2014 (interestingly I dont believe its on the SFB). And then returns on the CUN and SFB from July 2014.
Will it be able to do thw CUN nonstop or will it still be via MAN?

I see Jet2 are utilising a Livingston A320 at the moment, currently on its way to Rome.

Jamesair
7th Jun 2013, 13:02
Anyone know why the Eastern Stavanger and SAS Copenhagen have been cancelled today?

10 DME ARC
7th Jun 2013, 19:41
Nice 20,000 extra hols announced for 2014 today!!

Press Releases - Newcastle Airport (http://www.newcastleairport.com/press-releases)

10D

GrahamK
8th Jun 2013, 07:19
Extra based aircraft?

GAXLN
8th Jun 2013, 08:16
Looks to be more intensive use of base aircraft plus some foreign aircraft

10 DME ARC
8th Jun 2013, 12:18
GAXLN - Thanks nice to hear.

Hope every one likes the aircraft types and colour schemes being used now.......real deal busters........:confused:

alex207
10th Jun 2013, 15:07
On the JournalLive website it looks like May has been another great month for Emirates at NCL with a 30% increase! Things can only get better with the summer holidays coming up!

OltonPete
10th Jun 2013, 18:25
I assume 30% plus and not 30% otherwise this would be dismal.

May 2012 passenger figure per CAA 10329 + 30% = 13427 divide by 62 = 217 pax per flight!!!

Plannned capacity 428 seats x 62 = 26536 giving load factor 51% :ooh:

Luckily there were 27 downgrades (upgrade for the pax :)) to circa 360 seat three class versions making the final load factor nearer 60%.

However I still hope the figure given was an estimate.

May 2012 was an awful month for Dubai from the regions with MAN -12 and BHX -17 and evens Glasgows packed lone service at the time was down 3%

Good job that freight is paying the way.

Pete

SWBKCB
10th Jun 2013, 19:52
Emirates story here:

Emirates delight as Newcastle Airport passenger numbers rise - Today's News - News - JournalLive (http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2013/06/10/emirates-delight-as-newcastle-airport-passenger-numbers-rise-61634-33452558/)

Couple of interesting quotes from Emirates UK vice president Laurie Berryman:

And he said cargo loads on the 428-seater 777-300ER out of Newcastle were now approaching capacity. He said: “Cargo loads have improved dramatically over the last six months. One reason is that our handler has a new scanner that allows them to handle all types of cargo rather than having to move some elsewhere. But we’re also sending up a truck from Heathrow to bring cargo to fly it out of Newcastle. And the week before last we saw the first load of more than 20 tonnes from Newcastle – that’s almost full capacity.”

“I was talking to our chauffeur drivers the other day and they were saying they have been carrying a record number of business class passengers to Newcastle in the last few weeks. And looking forward the outlook is very strong through to November. We’re very pleased how things are going.”

last time the chauffeurs were telling him about all the people coming over from Cumbria! Pretty sophisticated revenue intelligence system EK have got there...

VickersVicount
10th Jun 2013, 21:35
Sorry, Im not sure I get it, apart from the usual spin from EK re cargo, is the EK NCL service doing well or not, all this take of low pax loads is making me confused

HOODED
10th Jun 2013, 21:53
Have to say I'm surprised they are nearly at capacity for cargo unless pax loads are low as the 773ER would be surely restricted off the NCL runway. It's great news however long may it continue.

nigel osborne
11th Jun 2013, 11:45
Hooded.

Think the EK gent means maximum freight being carried for NCL field length.

As Olton Pete says, it was a massive capacity increase going from an A332 straight to a 77W when MAN and BHX at least went to a 772 and built from there.

Certainly yesterday and today NCL had 3 class machines (ENE) today.It needs to attain at least a 75-80% load factor on a 2 class machine to be safe you would think.

Using a 3 class machine can only last so long, as sure EK can make better use of fronT end business/1st class elsewhere in the World.

Good luck to NCL and EK for the future though.

Nigel

JonnyH
11th Jun 2013, 11:48
Lots of delays this morning for outbound flights I've noticed causing some minor and one large delay for flights leaving this afternoon.

Did anything happen this morning? Find it strange that 8/9 flights are delayed because of this mornings late flights.

ash666
11th Jun 2013, 11:58
French Air Traffic Control strike until Thursday. Again.

yeo valley
11th Jun 2013, 12:03
delays at all airports for the next few days due to french air traffic controllers action.

SWBKCB
11th Jun 2013, 17:28
Why all the negativity? Don't recall anybody holding a gun to their heads making them either start up in the first place or upgrade to a larger aircraft.

Similarly they seem to be the only one's talking about how well the route is doing and about upgrading to twice daily.

EK might well be different, but usually if a route is in trouble you'd expect the "use it or lose it" approach rather than the route being talked up.

Maybe the stories about the route being profitable on freight alone are true, and not just urban myth? :E

highwideandugly
11th Jun 2013, 18:11
sorry to butt in from the DTV thread...but do you guys really know how lucky you are to have such a service??

Try DTV with a couple of flights to Amsterdam and Aberdeen!!

A mate of mine who works for someone connected to ek(indirectly) told me last week..0ver 420 passengers and 25 + tons of freight were on a flight last week...cant do much better than that me thinks?

Roll on the next Aberdeen departure from here!:D

G-TYNE
11th Jun 2013, 21:51
EK have 23 A330s in the fleet. Surely if the NCL route didn't warrant a 77W, it wouldn't have one!

Maybe the nice people at Emirates (Who made some £400m profit last year) know how to run an airline slightly better than some people on here....

GrahamK
12th Jun 2013, 07:22
When GLA first changed to the 77W, IIRC it was getting similar loads, but as word of mouth spread its pax figures grew and grew as well. Not saying this will happen with NCL as its a much smaller market. They need to chase the folk that are still heading away from NCL and flying from GLA and MAN especially.

10 DME ARC
12th Jun 2013, 07:41
People chill I know that Emirates loads are fine for suddenly having the extra seats available and as Graham says is doing better than Glasgow at this stage in the route development!
Where the extra seats are making a difference is kids holidays with a lot of flights totally full. The rest of the time will build especially if they keep the prices around present levels.

alex207
12th Jun 2013, 15:41
Do you think Air france might use a A319 etc later on this week due to the cancelled services?

GrahamK
12th Jun 2013, 15:53
Some of the CDG rotations are still operatng.

On a related note however, it will be interesting to see what happens with the route now that CityJet have been sold. Will they remain on the route, or will we see the entry of AF Hop with Brit Air CR7s again?

Jamesair
12th Jun 2013, 16:06
Whatever happens, AF will want to keep the transfer traffic.

Grahamy
13th Jun 2013, 16:14
Good news for Newcastle Airport as new routes announced .

New flights from Newcastle Airport mean more choice for holidaymakers - Chronicle Live (http://bit.ly/10ezarg)

SWBKCB
13th Jun 2013, 16:28
additional flights, not new routes.

Grahamy
13th Jun 2013, 16:33
Oops , i hadn't noticed it was old news

JonnyH
15th Jun 2013, 11:11
At NCL now and looks like the TCX lease plane has gone tech as its been moved to the far corner and they've got a new aircraft in to fly the delayed Ibiza flight.

MATELO
16th Jun 2013, 21:07
Ok - I'll make it simpler. There are no plans for the Thomson's 787's to visit Newcastle on the current flights they are undertaking prior to service entry.

No doubt we'll see them eventually on long haul IT's. What is all the fuss about?

No fuss, would be interested in having a look at it without having to pop down to Man that was all.

*removes auto correct from phone in case the spelling upsets people again*

GrahamK
17th Jun 2013, 07:31
It looks like BA will beat TOM in flying the 787 through Newcastle, rumoured to be replacing the Airbusses on some of the shuttle flights from August onwards

Jamesair
19th Jun 2013, 17:23
Total pax traffic was up 4% and the holiday flights, palma, Alicante etc., performed exceptionally well.

Main increases:

CORK...................1856 + 25%
DUBLIN................10,940 + 8%
AMSTERDAM........30,343 + 34%
GIRONA.................4928 + 22%
MURCIA.................5,900 + 18%
PRAGUE.................2099 + 10%
KRAKOW................2313 + 19%
DUBAI....................12,718 + 23% UP FROM A VERY LOW BASE LAST MAY
IBIZA.......................3758 + 15%

GATWICK................7545 + 7%
ABERDEEN..............2860 + 35%
BELFAST CITY.........3987 + 19%
BELFAST INT...........16,066 + 3%
BRISTOL..................14,717 +9%
JERSEY....................2373 + 45% EASYJET MAKING A DIFFERENCE
SOUTHAMPTON.......8349 + 10%

HEATHROW.............36,760 - 11% SUFFERED FROM CANCELLED FLIGHTS

Charlie98
19th Jun 2013, 21:43
G-FCLK has struck her wand again, stranding passengers at SSH - I really dislike that aircraft, it's always got a lack of punctuality

GrahamK
20th Jun 2013, 13:22
Ouch, not due in until after 7pm tonight, :ouch:

I notice there is a Belavia 737-500 due in within the hour, something top do with athletcis in Gateshead this weekend?

NCIS
20th Jun 2013, 17:08
Hi - Belavia 737 EW-250PA is not due go back to Minsk until the 24th, so it could be bringing athletes in for the Gateshead event. Pic: Boeing 737: 26319 EW-250PA 737-524 Belavia Newcastle Airport | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/9094560272)

GrahamK
21st Jun 2013, 08:16
SAS 737-700 inbound from Alesund. Gussing this is athletics related too? Also is this the first time a 737-700 with winglets has appeared at NCL?

CentreFix25
21st Jun 2013, 08:55
Nope - JetTime machine operating for Jet2 in few a weeks back, but I'm sure there has been others.

GAXLN
21st Jun 2013, 10:38
Air France A320 shortly to arrive from CDG :ok:

alex207
21st Jun 2013, 14:54
Why was there a AF A320 at NCL?

fl dutchman
21st Jun 2013, 18:22
Re the statistics a few posts back from Jamesair. They are very positive except for the LHR service that had one rotation cancelled nearly every day in May.

Unfortunatley the LHR service will experience more cancellations later this year some weeks in Nov, Dec, Jan,and March I believe. Mainly one rotation per day but with "2 daily rotations" being cut for a period of 3 wks in March. Customers are being notified now of the situation. They can re book, have a refund or accept the changes in most cases which involves an earlier flight from NCL resulting in an extra 2hrs or so on to the connection times at LHR.

So its likely that this will result in a negative effect on passenger numbers and could cancel out much of any growth.

I dont believe its due to a lack of passengers as I understand average LF is in the high eighties and yields are good, however I have heard its because of a shortage of aircraft???? anyone know why.

Quite worrying trend is this not NCLs busiest route. The first flight from LHR of the day and the 09.20ish from NCL to LHR are amongst those cancelled on some periods. Surely these are busy flights and important for connections. Not good if the first flight arrives from LHR at about 11 am.

fl dutchman
22nd Jun 2013, 11:30
Re above post.

Just found out the same is happening on LHR to ABZ, MAN, LBA and probably EDI and GLA also.

CentreFix25
23rd Jun 2013, 07:20
Mentioned elsewhere that the Emirates operation will return to an A330 for the last 3 months of this year - is this correct?

ash666
23rd Jun 2013, 08:34
I've just done a dummy booking for November and it suggests that it would be a A330-200 on the way out and the 777 return.

GrahamK
23rd Jun 2013, 08:40
Just checked a random few dates, all showing 77W operation?

ash666
23rd Jun 2013, 08:48
From the Emirates website:

DEPARTING 08 Nov 13 Newcastle, United Kingdom to Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK0036
Fri
08 Nov 13
13:35 Newcastle Airport (NCL) 6hr 15min
0 Stops Economy
Airbus
Industrie
A330-200
Fri
08 Nov 13
23:50 Dubai International Airport (DXB)
RETURNING 15 Nov 13 Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Newcastle, United Kingdom
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK0035
Fri
15 Nov 13
07:40 Dubai International Airport (DXB) 7hr 55min
0 Stops Economy
Boeing 777-300ER
Fri
15 Nov 13
11:35 Newcastle Airport (NCL)

GrahamK
23rd Jun 2013, 08:52
Yeah I see that now, seems to be random days as an A330, and others as a 77W

Sam Chipperfield
23rd Jun 2013, 09:14
That is in November, It could easily Change back to a 777 by then, im sure the A330's are being phased out this Year and Next Year?

Boris1
23rd Jun 2013, 10:38
There's still 20+ A330s in the fleet. So I doubt they'll all be shelved with in a year.

NCIS
23rd Jun 2013, 12:09
Hi - It looked to have brought in a load of Norwegian school kids.

fl dutchman
23rd Jun 2013, 18:48
It looks like all outbound flights throughout the winter schedule are A330-200.

However the inbounds to NCL are currently showing 777ER.

Possibly the booking system is in the process of changing. The inbounds will probably be changed to A330 in time meaning the service will revert to an Airbus for the entire winter?

Of course all the outbounds could change back to a 777ER. We will find out in due course, but it seems the A330s are back for at least 5 months.

N707ZS
23rd Jun 2013, 21:11
Why is there such a diffrence in the flight times? 6h 15min one way 7h 55min the other.

Charlie98
23rd Jun 2013, 21:38
I've took a look at the EK timetable, and on there is it still down as the 77W (on the same day a dummy book says A330) so it could just be a system fault? By god lets hope.

Arnt the loads getting to the high end of the A330 capacity now? Also the route hasn't been 77W for long and Emirates are always boasting how good he 77W is on the route.

Only time will tell.

EK77WNCL
23rd Jun 2013, 21:45
I can say pretty much 100% it will stay 777 300ER, how can the possibly send a 77W in in the morning and have an A332 going out an hour and half later??? But this has happened twice before, the end of last year and February this year were down as being an A330 but it has always simply been a system error on the EK website and it's been updated back to the 77W.

Also, OT but the A330's will still be around for a while, the A343's were supposed to have been long gone about 18 months ago and they're still with them.

Martin

HH6702
23rd Jun 2013, 23:15
Could we not be seeing the flight extended to NYC?

A330 outwards 777 Rtn

I know it will never happen and I'm sure it's a system fault but you never know and yet again this rumour hasn't been said for a good few weeks so thought I would start it again!!!!!

Also new management company at airport so maybe?

Lol

Heathrow Harry
24th Jun 2013, 07:47
"Why is there such a diffrence in the flight times? 6h 15min one way 7h 55min the other."

Winter wind allowance, maybe different routing - plus you can pretty much guarantee there will be a straight in at NCL whereas Dubai is a lot busier and you may have to fly around the houses

Last winter I did LHR-SIN rtn - 13-10 one way 15-15 coming back................

N707ZS
24th Jun 2013, 09:02
Thanks Harry.

10 DME ARC
24th Jun 2013, 12:33
Nice to see NCL-DXB staying daily next May when Emirates have to reduce services for eight week DXB runway closure. Show's at least Emirates have faith in the route.......:ok:

Boris1
24th Jun 2013, 16:39
Recently loads have barely went above 240. So whatever they send won't make a different to pax. Just Cargo. From what I've heard, A330 ops for winter is a very good possibility. Will post more as I have it

VickersVicount
24th Jun 2013, 17:33
Most of the reductions were accommodated into multiple daily routes. NCL is only once daily. 240 pax ? what load factor is that ? It must be cargo keeping that afloat.

Boris1
24th Jun 2013, 17:51
Average load factors are 50%

10 DME ARC
24th Jun 2013, 17:53
Boris Look at other UK Emirates routes.....all the same this time of the year.....hence DXB/Emirates has decided to do runway work May/June next year!

Charlie98
24th Jun 2013, 18:40
EK to NCL's loads for April (I couldn't get May) = 76%

16596/60= 277 (rounded up)

277/364 = 76%

So no need for the negativity, we need to realize that things don't come in a flash, EK knew when they put the 77W on the route that it would not be +80% route within weeks

Boris1
24th Jun 2013, 18:54
Charlie98

It's a 428 seat aircraft? So 277/428 = 64% based on those numbers

OltonPete
24th Jun 2013, 19:08
I make it 68% - 42 x 428 seats and 18 x 360 in April per libhomeradar

In fact I think some 354 seat aircraft operated as well so probably a bit higher.

May was different, I think just three 428 seat aircraft.

Pete

fl dutchman
24th Jun 2013, 19:11
Is this flight not operates by a mix of 428 and 364 seat aircraft. So the load factor will lie somewhere between 64 and 76%.

Ringwayman
24th Jun 2013, 19:16
May loads for comparison. All based on the usual type operating:

MAN: 55196 passengers @ 71.5% loads
BHX: 34925 passengers @ 65.8% loads
GLA: 26370 passengers @ 58.4% loads
NCL: 12918 passengers @ 47.9% loads.

I would hope there's been the odd 3 class aircraft being flown as it could be construed as a waste of the 2 class 77W going to NCL by some people. if so, loads could be improved to 56% or so. But I daresay the cargo capability is being well utilised so more than justifying the use of it on the route.

fl dutchman
24th Jun 2013, 19:16
Sorry didn't see OltonPetes reply. Is that not a respectable figure under the circumstances.

Charlie98
24th Jun 2013, 19:21
I'm sure EK rarely operate the larger capacity AC into NCL

Ringwayman
24th Jun 2013, 19:31
Larger capacity means only business class and economy class being sold. Only GLA and MAN are scheduled for first class passengers in the regions; if NCL gets a low capacity aircraft, you need to remember the first class seats aren't being sold. This is one instance where less (seats) is more (profits).

Boris1
24th Jun 2013, 19:46
The route is scheduled as a 2 class 777 with 428 seats. At times, we do get 3 class 777s but it makes no difference to the loads (47.9 as by the information posted by ringway man).

Charlie98
24th Jun 2013, 20:00
Yes but we rarely get the high density aircraft, we normally get the low density one! :ugh:

Boris1
24th Jun 2013, 20:21
NCL regularly get the 428 seat 2 class. NCL rarely gets the 448 seat 2 class.

fl dutchman
24th Jun 2013, 22:21
So from the last few posts it would appear that the LF was about 68% in April, with about 56% in May, based on a percentage of actual seats available to seats actualy filled.

However we all know thats not the full story.

Cargo does appear to be the main factor keeping this service going, however if that is the case and the cargo loads are as high as stated then it would seem odd to put a smaller aircraft back on the route even with as many empty seats.

Charlie98
25th Jun 2013, 06:17
I thought LFs were only going up though I'm sure the 12 thousand was a typo for May

SWBKCB
25th Jun 2013, 06:52
From post 3877

DUBAI....................12,718 + 23% UP FROM A VERY LOW BASE LAST MAY

Aren't May/June normally low? I've sort of lost track of what all the fuss is about.

NCL is punching well above its weight by having a 400 seater widebody operating a daily long haul (anybody think of a smaller airport in this position?) and if EK feel the need to revert to a smaller a/c for all/some/none (anything actually confirmed yet?!?) of the winter season, don't particularly see a problem if they can make more money with a 77W somewhere else.

Boris1
25th Jun 2013, 08:45
If it was a typo, it would have been corrected by now. (It's not by the way, I've checked).

GAXLN
25th Jun 2013, 10:20
SWBKCB - totally agree.

Boris1 - you are either remarkably well informed, mainly uninformed or just stirring for the sake of it. Care to share which with all of us?

Boris1
25th Jun 2013, 11:01
Well informed. Don't personally work at NCL, currently working at a southern drome, but reside from NCL area with contacts at the drome. Anything else you wish to know? Shoe size, waist size? Is this what you get for sharing information and contributing to a post. Maybe I won't bother sharing anything I hear and let speculation continue.

10 DME ARC
25th Jun 2013, 11:31
Boris- I thought it was you doing the speculation???:confused:

Boris1
25th Jun 2013, 11:45
Scroll down page 195, that's speculation. My first post was doing what most with info do. Pass it on! (Albeit with a hint of opinion).

GAXLN
25th Jun 2013, 12:30
Boris1, did I ever know you as Brad the Impaler? GAXLN

Boris1
25th Jun 2013, 12:47
No idea what you're on about. And what is the relevance to this topic? None! Neither wonder people these days can't have a serious chat about movements etc on forums.

10 DME ARC
25th Jun 2013, 14:30
Just to go back to the facts 277 pax per flight during the worst month of the year is still over 101% L/F on a A332 high density. So with the A332 still on the route Emirates would have lost a load of late booking/high fare passengers as the flight would have been near to full all month!!
Never mind the extra freight the B773 gives.......

PS I don't work for Emirates or NCL but I do have close links to the route at work and do travel the route often, eleven times in the last twelve months!!

Currock Base
25th Jun 2013, 21:26
With a 332 you wouldn't loose a load of high paying last minute fares. Any decent airline revenue management department would sell fewer cheaper advance fares to keep the space for the last minute high paying bookings.

10 DME ARC
26th Jun 2013, 07:21
CB- Okay the A332 would not have been that full but that was just one month of the year. The B773/2 gives much better passenger service and gives Emirates much better options for growth. The aircraft is still full over peak holiday times, I tried to book a DXB-NCL this Easter I couldn't get a seat any class four days out of the last week of holidays!
Where would the extra passengers have gone with the A332?? KLM, BA or more likely to Manchester taking business away from the area!
The extra Business Class seats are helping as well my return BC in mid May was full!
It does not matter if I or any one else is happy with the route what does matter is Emirates are happy...... The A332 in booking engine are a glitch by the way.

Ph1l1pncl
26th Jun 2013, 10:59
I tweeted BA about the flight reduction and the resulting longer wait at Heathrow and the reply back I received was "It's due to the flight loads, Philip"

Every time I have been on the route the flight has been choca block with passengers, so whether this is true I don't know but thought I would pass on thee response I got.

G-TYNE
26th Jun 2013, 11:17
YL-LCL up to no good again, 5hr delay to Larnaca this morning for some poor folk. YL-LCH came up from Gatwick to cover.

fl dutchman
26th Jun 2013, 19:51
Ph1l1pncl,

I think the repy you recieved from BA was rubbish. The loads on this service are generaly good. Occasionally you get a quiet flight but I understand the average LF is about 86%.

Some of the ones they are cancelling are the busiest of the day.

Does not make sense from a passenger point of view.

An example of what is happening on some periods is the cancellation of the first flight from LHR.

So anyone flying in to LHR longhaul early morning will have to wait until about 10.00ish to fly up to NCL. A specific example affecting my family is a BA from HKG to LHR arr 04.50 meant to connect up to NCL at 07.20 which has been cancelled and passengers rebooked to NCL about 09.50. So thats a 5hr wait after the long ride from HKG instead of 2.5hrs. Not good.

The cancellation of the 09.20ish to LHR from NCL also is strange as its also a busy flight.

Ph1l1pncl
26th Jun 2013, 20:57
Ph1l1pncl,

I think the repy you recieved from BA was rubbish. The loads on this service are generaly good. Occasionally you get a quiet flight but I understand the average LF is about 86%.

Some of the ones they are cancelling are the busiest of the day.

Does not make sense from a passenger point of view.

An example of what is happening on some periods is the cancellation of the first flight from LHR.

So anyone flying in to LHR longhaul early morning will have to wait until about 10.00ish to fly up to NCL. A specific example affecting my family is a BA from HKG to LHR arr 04.50 meant to connect up to NCL at 07.20 which has been cancelled and passengers rebooked to NCL about 09.50. So thats a 5hr wait after the long ride from HKG instead of 2.5hrs. Not good.

The cancellation of the 09.20ish to LHR from NCL also is strange as its also a busy flight.

Exactly, i was puzzled by the response also as every flight I have been on has been virtually full. Plus even if the flight loads were low at the moment they have until November- January- March for them to fill up so taking them off for that reason seems very premature to me at the moment.

JonnyH
28th Jun 2013, 20:46
Surely YL-LCL hasn't went tech AGAIN? 4th time in just over 2 weeks if so..

Charlie98
29th Jun 2013, 08:51
G-JMCG has positioned into NCL, not sure if G-FCLK has gone tech

nclops
29th Jun 2013, 09:16
CG has positioned in to operate the TCX6038 to BOJ delayed from last night after YLLCL suffered further tech problems last night in MAH.

Mnj1
29th Jun 2013, 16:50
May be worth mentioning, but I spotted a team of virgin Atlantic Reps in the area today.

Charlie98
29th Jun 2013, 18:49
I honestly doubt any form of VS flights from NCL, be they long haul or short :rolleyes:

MATELO
29th Jun 2013, 20:25
Virgin could do the summer routes

NCL - Mexico

NCL - Florida

and could do NCL - NYC

Charlie98
29th Jun 2013, 20:31
When i've thought again, i know this is all speculation however, but maybe with Richard Branson's affiliation with the North, Virgin Money taking over Northern Rock and the other things they have up here, it could work, and i would love to see VS aircraft at NCL - but i highly doubt it

Daily Dalaman Dave
29th Jun 2013, 21:58
MnJ1

So what do VS "reps" look like, and when you say "in the area" where do you mean exactly?

Very odd comments, especially when your info says you are from Weymouth!? :confused:

Flyit Pointit Sortit
30th Jun 2013, 00:21
So these "VS Reps" were nothing at all to do with the Virgin Money Cyclone challenge taking place (largest cycling event in the country apparently)??? It used to be sponsored by Northern Rock, but we all know what happened there!!

cjags
4th Jul 2013, 09:55
New EZY route to be announced shortly offering some winter sunshine :ok:

Jamesair
4th Jul 2013, 13:15
The new route is twice weekly to Tenerife, Winter 2013....from 6th November operates Wed and Sun

HH6702
4th Jul 2013, 17:15
Surprised by this new route!!
Didnt think easyjet was going to add anything

alex207
4th Jul 2013, 17:54
Thats great news from Easyjet regarding there Tenerife service!:D Is it just for the winter season?

CentreFix25
4th Jul 2013, 18:13
I'm assuming it'll be on the based A320. Was there any down time last winter or will something have to give to accommodate (compared to last Winter)?

SWBKCB
4th Jul 2013, 19:26
Last Winters EZY schedule wasn't overly intensive...

Latest news - easyJet plc (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2013/04-07-2013f-en.aspx?sc_lang=en)

Jamesair
4th Jul 2013, 22:10
This sets EZY in direct competition with Jet 2 on this route.

Will we get any more route announcements? any rumours?

fl dutchman
4th Jul 2013, 22:19
in competition with Jet 2, Thomson and Thomas cook.

Route rumours-- Funchal ?

SWBKCB
10th Jul 2013, 16:29
Turnover was up to £48.9m from £47.2m for the year ending December 31 2012, while operating profits went up to £14.8m from £13.7m for the time period, figures delivered in the light of passengers going up by 20,000 to 4.4 million, and a growth in revenues per passenger. Profit after tax also rose by 3% to £18.5m.

Newcastle International Airport flying high as revenues keep rising - Journal Live (http://www.thejournal.co.uk/business/business-news/newcastle-international-airport-flying-high-4922598)

EK77WNCL
11th Jul 2013, 21:45
With regards to Easyjet starting TFS, they will be operating it with the A319, or that is how it stands as yet but I would be surprised if that does not change especially at peak times. I'm assuming this route is the reason for the reshuffle of their routes at the beginning of this year then? Nice to see something from EZY anyway, hopefully there may be some more soon. Another one of your brand new, shiny A320's please? :D

Ph1l1pncl
11th Jul 2013, 22:38
I flew through the airport on Wednesday, and while the majority of the airport is fairly modern, departure lounge great with the floor to ceiling windows heading down towards the gates is like entering another airport. Paint peeling on the doors and walls, sad tired looking seats in the gate lounges, a lonely half filled vending machine and old style arcade games which no one plays sitting in the corner. The airport needs to redevelop this area in my opinion, I tweeted them about it and they said that had no plans to refurbish the pier which is a shame as it's not in keeping with the rest of the airport.

GrahamK
16th Jul 2013, 10:58
Selected June provisional stats:

Gatwick +3%
Heathrow +5%
Aberdeen +44%

Paris CDG -30%
Dusseldorf -30%
Dublin -17%
Rome +17%
Venice -29%
Amsterdam +32%
Stavanger +7%
Dubai +25%

The airport running YTD is handling 4.38m +1.3%

Ringwayman
16th Jul 2013, 20:50
NCL had the 2nd highest growth in the UK-Dubai market but even with the growth, it looks like 60% loads. You can see why there was suggestion of A330s for the winter but it's the unknown quantity of cargo that could be making sure the route is a 77W

SWBKCB
16th Jul 2013, 20:56
Bdaily meets Newcastle International Airport chief, David Laws | Bdaily Business News (http://bdaily.co.uk/industrials/16-07-2013/bdaily-meets-newcastle-international-airport-chief-david-laws/)

back in October 2012, Australian private equity firm AMP acquired a 49% stake in the airport and David says the new shareholders are now fully integrated into operations and strategic direction.

David adds: “The bad weather made for a difficult start to the year, but in subsequent months we’ve seen some year-on-year growth. In May we saw just over 4.2% growth and in June we finished about 2% up. Now we’re into the busy summer period.

“There’s been a few challenges too. Flybe sold their slots into Gatwick so now we’re in discussion with easyJet who bought them. That’s a really important route for us and hopefully we will be able to convince easyJet that it’s the right thing to do,” adds David.

He continues: “Even during the hard times of the last five years we’ve been able to keep our market roughly the same. I’ve just looked at our scheduled international passengers for the last week and it’s 6% growth, year-on-year. That represents some significant growth with the likes of Air France-KLM and Emirates.

“This year we’ve had the benefit of the bigger aircraft from Emirates that just keeps breaking passenger records every month. That route has done so much for the region - business have been created as a result of it.

“At the moment the record is about 9,960 passengers in a month, but in July there’s a possibility that we could reach the 10,000 mark.”

VickersVicount
16th Jul 2013, 20:58
a third less pax for CDG and DUS, what is that all about ? DUB a pretty big drop too. Are these all as a result of frequency changes ?
Is it a 773 always on NCL, as that would be a lot of empty seats if 60% loads were true. Who was the top DXB growth ?

Ringwayman
16th Jul 2013, 21:03
Growth table:

LHR up 41.1% (wholly down to QF shifting reporting points as LHR-SYD was down 74%)
NCL up 25.1%
MAN up 16.2%
GLA up 14.7%
LGW up 14.5%
BHX up 07.7%

If low density 77Ws were used then we're talking around 72% loads.

GrahamK
16th Jul 2013, 21:13
A 2 class 772 would be a better fit but I gather there was performance issues with that idea. Still, plenty of room for continuing growth over the next few years :ok:

Charlie98
16th Jul 2013, 21:55
From what I've saw at NCL I believe we get the low density 3 class aircraft 5 days a week (no first being sold obviously) and the higher density 2 class 77W the other two

GrahamK
17th Jul 2013, 10:27
Jet2 appear to be doing 1 off flights to Vienna and Cologne in November, presumably shopping charters

Jamesair
17th Jul 2013, 10:30
The answers for... paris.....ezy left the route plus there were some strike days in France during June.

Dublin ...was twice daily last year.

Dusseldorf...was twice daily last year.

fl dutchman
18th Jul 2013, 21:11
I note that the aircraft shown as operating the DXB from NCL is now showing 777-300ER for all flights right through the current booking period up to June 2014.

HH6702
23rd Jul 2013, 10:30
Source from arabianbusiness.com

Emirates eyes up starting flights from the north of England to the USA to take on BA and VS!

In October they start Dubai-Milan-new York they have now Said they are hoping to do the same but from a north of England airport?

Could be Manchester as they are classed as north of England somehow.

Newcastle and Glasgow are also stated in the post as happy with the current Dubai flights and loads

N707ZS
23rd Jul 2013, 15:49
Full Story. arabianbusiness.com. No Newcastle USA.

Dubai’s Emirates Airline has not ruled out entering the competitive transatlantic market, currently dominated by British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, and offer flights from Dubai to the US via the UK.
Emirates’ UK vice president Laurie Berryman said the Dubai carrier has seen “strong demand” and last year carried 800,000 passengers on its routes in and out of its hubs in the north of England.
“Glasgow is double daily and we upped the aircraft size. Newcastle went from an Airbus to a B777, so we are growing capacity there as well. Birmingham is twice daily, and one of the Manchester flights is an A380, with the other two being B777s,” Berryman was quoted as saying in an interview with trade publication Buying Business Travel.
Emirates in October will launch flights from Dubai to New York via Milan and Berryman hinted, if it could gain regulatory approval, it might not be long before the carrier enters the transatlantic market and offers flights from Dubai to the US via northern England.
“We do hold some rights out of the regions, so I would never say never. One of the things we are keen to say to the Davies Commission [UK Airports Commission], to relieve pressure on the south-east, is why don’t we make all the regional airports completely open skies, so anyone can fly anywhere. Heathrow sits in the south of England, but Manchester has a bigger catchment area in terms of a two-hour drive,” he said in the interview when questioned on the issue.
The transatlantic market is dominated by the likes of UK carriers British Airways and Virgin Atlantic and US players Delta Air Lines and American Airways. Aviation analyst Saj Ahmad, chief analyst at StrategicAero Research, said there is still obvious demand in the market for Emirates to capitalise on.
“With Emirates carrying over 800,000 passengers out of just four UK regional hubs, it is evident that there is more than enough brisk demand to launch direct flights to the USA from cities that the likes of BA do not operate long haul services from and that too would raise the appeal of Emirates.
“Emirates could flood the North Atlantic with swathes of Airbus A380s and 777-300ERs out of places like Birmingham and Manchester, two cities which are bursting with pent up passenger demand, tempered only by the lack of long haul airlines operating there, particularly for Birmingham,” he said, adding that if the Dubai carrier goes through with the plan “British Airways and Virgin Atlantic will be the big losers.”

Fairdealfrank
23rd Jul 2013, 21:30
Does EK have fifth freedom rights between the UK and the USA? Be surprised if they do!

LAX_LHR
23rd Jul 2013, 21:40
Does EK have fifth freedom rights between the UK and the USA? Be surprised if they do!

Words of Laurie Berryman:

Perhaps one day, through fifth freedom flights (commercial aviation rights),
Emirates could fly Dubai to New York via Manchester? “We do hold some rights out of the regions, so I would never say never

GrahamK
24th Jul 2013, 11:46
Forget NYC.

What NCL needs to try and get is the return of flights to places like Chania, Santorini, Thessaloniki, Izmir and the Dominican Republic on the charter side of things, and on the scheduled side, maybe EIR to DUB, someone to restart BRU and the reintroduction of the 2nd DUS flight.

VickersVicount
24th Jul 2013, 13:16
you honestly think Chania and Santorini would bring the same inward investment and returns that a potential scheduled transatlantic US route would ?

GrahamK
24th Jul 2013, 13:31
No, but with APD the way it is, and oil prices, it's not exactly ther best market conditions for a route across the atlantic.

HH6702
24th Jul 2013, 14:53
I agree we need the link to east for the trade investment.
Hopefully we will gain this link soon rather than never!

Winter 2013/14 timetable is now ready to be viewed on airport website under timetables

CentreFix25
24th Jul 2013, 17:40
It's not gonna happen (APD among many other reasons) the airport even said it themselves recently on their social networking feed. It was monotonous then and its monotonous now... please please please forget about it.

VickersVicount
24th Jul 2013, 18:11
...feel free to avoid the topic.

CentreFix25
24th Jul 2013, 18:35
You're too kind - thank you.

JonnyH
24th Jul 2013, 21:11
I'm sure XL did Santorini a few years ago and from what I can remember the loads weren't hugely impressive.

TCX used to do Izmir for a fair few summers, if I remember correctly, and again mustn't of been hugely popular as that's now been stopped. I think including that with the fact there's a big increase on Dalaman and a slight increase to Bodrum it made sense to cut the route.

I might be wrong (usually am) but again I think someone previously did Thessalonki (perhaps TOM?)

Anyways don't think there's a market, as someone has mentioned, for charters. I've been wrong before though!

HH6702
24th Jul 2013, 22:04
I'm sure those Greek routes could work again but not with the big tour operators like Thomson or Thomas cook!!

I think that Olympic holidays would be the best operator to start those kind of flights again from ncl as before hand it was kosmar part of excel group!

Maybe they could charter jet2 737-300's for the route.
I'm sure they could get a good 90% loads and maybe jet2holidays could offer too??

Maybe EZY may look into these?
It's a long shot for any of them can't see them coming back for summer 2014 maybe by 2016/7! I'm not a 100% sure but I think it maybe just LGW and MAN that offer those routes now

Jamesair
24th Jul 2013, 22:11
I thought either TOM or TCX did Santorini two or three years ago. HH6072 will know.

deltahotel9
25th Jul 2013, 06:38
TCX did do Santorini certainly for 1 year after Xl went bust, possibly two. The Greek routes were always popular but most of the specialist Greek tour operators (Kosmar, Priceright etc.) have also gone bust leaving only Olympic who aren't big enough on their own it needs TOM, TCX or LS to move in too, and in answer to the previous post the LS 737-300 doesn't have the legs for Greece so they would need to use the 757 which has worked for them on Corfu, Kos and Rhodes but it probably too big for these routes?

BFS BHD
25th Jul 2013, 07:57
Masterplan released for Newcastle :)

Overview - Newcastle Airport (http://www.newcastleairport.com/masterplan)

Sam Chipperfield
25th Jul 2013, 08:49
Does anybody know what time the Typhoons Land at NCL on Friday, Heard its around 16.30 the same Time as the Red Arrows?

LBIA
25th Jul 2013, 08:58
Thats not strickly correct "deltahotel9", As Jet2 have 2x Boeing 737-300WL's, G-GDFL & G-GDFN that would have the legs to do some Greek routes direct from Newcastle, eg Zakynthos, Corfu, Santorini & Thessaloniki. But these aircraft are normally based at Blackpool & Belfast to do there longer summer routes and swapped with Leeds based aircraft for maintaince..

LBIA
25th Jul 2013, 17:53
Anyone know why Virgin Little Red's Airbus A320, EI-EZW has been up at Newcastle this afternoon?

SWBKCB
25th Jul 2013, 18:05
Route proving :ok:

(not really :E - weather div from EDI - presumably thunder storms?)

GrahamK
25th Jul 2013, 19:27
Yup, weather div from EDI.

TOM will b operating NCL-PUY alongside Jet2 next summer, making 4 flights a week between NCL and Croatia. Seems the Balkans are picking up :ok:

HH6702
25th Jul 2013, 20:07
ZTH

The above is now showing as 2x weekly with a new flight on Tuesdays
Now Sunday and Tuesdays

Also showing ACE by TCX on a Sunday is this a new flight also?

GrahamK
28th Jul 2013, 20:04
Have Thomas Cook Airlines dropped Dalaman from Newcastle?!?

HH6702
28th Jul 2013, 20:44
Not that I'm aware of.
When I last looked a few weeks ago there was a daily flight for next summer

HH6702
28th Jul 2013, 21:07
TCX for summer 2014

On the tcx thread it is stated that big changes to the operations

No ALC all seats now on jet2
Paphos is dropped

Still need to work it all out day by day then I will post

Travel Agent
29th Jul 2013, 06:56
RE: TCX NCL-DLM

Just checked and still very much on sale and from mid May the flight goes daily

TCX for summer 2014

On the tcx thread it is stated that big changes to the operations

No ALC all seats now on jet2
Paphos is dropped

Still need to work it all out day by day then I will post

PFO dropped - LCA is twice a week and ALC currently down to being operated by TOM for Thomas Cook Holidays

fl dutchman
29th Jul 2013, 09:34
On the TCX website flight only, shows DLM as being opperated by Jet 2, 3xweekly. But on the package holidays part it shows TCX flight . Dont think its daily though. ???????

Travel Agent
29th Jul 2013, 14:16
This is looking at the Thomas Cook viewdata system today, I went into each 7 day flight and it has a TCX flight number but of course it could change ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/funkygibbon/TC_Example.png

G-TYNE
29th Jul 2013, 17:23
I'll eat my hat if TCX goes from daily DLM to none at all! Very unlikely indeed.

Charlie98
30th Jul 2013, 10:31
77L inbound with EK today:ok:

OltonPete
30th Jul 2013, 11:04
Quote 77L inbound with EK today

:eek:266 seats, less than an A332!!!

In reasonable company though, Manchester had the low density A388 today on EK17 and BHX for the first time this year is getting two three class 77W's in one day.

It will all change after Ramadan.

Pete

GrahamK
30th Jul 2013, 11:50
Been a while since a 77L was in.

OltonPete, 77Ls are often seen subbing for a 77W into GLA, no need to panic :ok:

Suzeman
30th Jul 2013, 13:33
Quote 77L inbound with EK today

266 seats less than an A332!!!

OP
Think your usually reliable calculator has gone up the spout here unless Airbus have somehow managed to sell a 520 seater A330......

During the last month or so MAN has had numerous visits by the ultra long range A380s with a few less seats than the normal ones

JonnyH
30th Jul 2013, 19:06
YL-LCL tech again. 9 hour delay to PFO.

LAX_LHR
30th Jul 2013, 19:12
Think your usually reliable calculator has gone up the spout here unless
Airbus have somehow managed to sell a 520 seater A330

I think he was trying to say it had 266 seats, so less than an A332.

During the last month or so MAN has had numerous visits by the ultra long range A380s with a few less seats than the normal ones

But worth remembering the loss of seats on the ULH A388 comes from economy, but carries the same number of F/J seats...

GrahamK
31st Jul 2013, 10:51
JonnyH, the 9 hour delay on the TCX has now turned into a 23 hour delay. Due out at 1505 today...ouch :ouch:

NCIS
31st Jul 2013, 17:01
Hi - The Smart Lynx Estonia A320 ES-SAL arrived from Tallinn in the early hours to operate the outbound.

GrahamK
1st Aug 2013, 07:35
Another 777-200LR in today. Are loads really that low considering the schools are on holiday etc?

Heathrow Harry
1st Aug 2013, 07:40
As pointed out elsewhere its probably the need for higher capacity aircraft elsewhere rather than anything to do with NCL.

ANY 777 has some spare capacity on this service - and I guess that fewer people fancy a holiday in Dubai in mid-summer in Ramadan

NCIS
1st Aug 2013, 12:08
Hi All - The Emirates today was indeed a 777-21H(LR) A6-EWA Pic: Boeing 777: 35572 A6-EWA 777-21H(LR) Emirates Newcastle Airport | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/9412927883) A6-EWH was in on Tuesday. I'd agree about the lack of people wanting to holiday in Dubai in August - though it didn't bother the World Cup organizers in giving the 2022 Cup to Qatar - a look at the temp. there at 14-00 (their time) today sees it at 42 C/108 F!

10 DME ARC
1st Aug 2013, 14:41
Emirates - Mate of mine in EK Engineering says the 777 fleet is all over the place at the moment with un-scheduled checks etc hence the LR's.

42C.... It was a lovely day today nice and dry plus Summer and Ramadan means Dubai is empty at the moment! Normal high's this time of year is high 40's!! Three years ago I did a night shift with the highest ever over night LOW recorded at 44.6C!!!

Still it is bare able if you are close to a pool and lots of cool drinks!!!

Heathrow Harry
1st Aug 2013, 17:00
I hope you are not imperiling your immortal soul by drinking alcohol during Ramadan........................

EK77WNCL
2nd Aug 2013, 00:36
Hi,

Haven't been on for a while.

Could anyone please sum up the TCX/TOM/LS situation aforementioned please? I sort of lost track of who's ending routes and who's starting routes etc etc.

Thanks a lot
Martin