PDA

View Full Version : BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 18:26
BFS BHD, probably right but they seem a bit more adventurous than the run of the mill LoCos. Hopefully, a Scandinavian route will come to fruition in the future.

AerRyan
24th Feb 2017, 18:42
I don't agree, Ryanair is the main LCC in Europe and they're very adventurous, just because Norwegian started US routes, doesn't mean that all of a sudden they'll be starting all these peculiar routes.

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 19:09
AerRyan, yes Ryanair are very forthcoming with routes, no one disagrees with that and good on them. They have pushed boundaries where no other operator would. Norwegian have also and good on them too. When I worked in revenue, for a long time I might add, two of the largest markets for transfer passengers were Lisbon/Oporto and Copenhagen. Fares were high especially when BMI had the Belfast market all to itself. The tobacco industry connection was always a money spinner for BMI for Star Alliance as Murray Sons closed production in Belfast and Gallaher outsourced pipe tobacco production to Orlik in Denmark. That connection still exists as a lot of workers transferred to Orlik. I just think Copenhagen would be a great addition as the market is there.

A320.b744
24th Feb 2017, 19:19
Norwegian did mention that if the transatlantic services were a success, they would consider Scandinavian flights from Belfast. Though I'd say it'd be 2019 at the earliest for these potential routes to be announced.

owenc
24th Feb 2017, 19:19
The prices will probably come down again.. Maybe £280-300 return?

mart901
24th Feb 2017, 19:22
When the CEO of Norwegian was interviewed in regards to BFS yesterday he said if the routes were successful others may follow, most likely Scandinavia

True Blue
24th Feb 2017, 19:57
I see in the article in today's telegraph, Bfs hope that a third route to America might be announced soon. Any guesses on that?

BFS BHD
24th Feb 2017, 20:00
Was that in the newspaper True Blue or on the website if it was on website have you got a link?

BFS BHD
24th Feb 2017, 20:10
Just found it online. Sounds like the MD means it will be another airline. Delta was mentioned when United pulled out.

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 20:17
TB read that today also.Graham Keddie has said on going discussions and a hopeful announcement within a timeframe and start up of six months. Imagine the possibilities for our main airport in the north. I'm sharing my love in ( as Cutters from Derry) likes to say with over five million passengers a year.

owenc
24th Feb 2017, 20:46
You couldn't have Norweigan and Delta running flights.. Not a million years.

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 20:51
Why not Owen.

A320.b744
24th Feb 2017, 20:52
If it's another airline, the only options I can think of are Westjet to Toronto (sounds reasonable), American to Philadelphia (unlikely), or United to Washington/Chicago (very unlikely). Delta would be forced to compete with Norwegian if they flew out of one of their east coast hubs (JFK, BOS). If this new route does ever materialise, I'd be very surprised if it was a year-round service.

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 21:42
I think that what we have achieved in Belfast, from 20 to 25 years ago is immense. From the time when only SH360 flights were the regulars at BHD and our only international route was NLM Fokker F28 from BFS. How we have come on is a reflection of how times change and our welcoming and great sense of humour and beautiful amazing scenery should be sold the world over. People all over the world want to visit Northern Ireland. Let's make it easier for them to do so. APD needs to be removed ASAP.

mart901
24th Feb 2017, 21:54
Totally agree D9_10, we live in a fabulous, beautiful country with friendly people, great food, great tourist potential. And given all that's against aviation here from competion (mainly DUB) to economic situation and the reputation of NI from the troubles we are doing remarkably well. Interesting I find I speak to many more Polish people now who are visiting family and friends since FRs arrival - a fair indication of the potential. I see Norwegians arrival in a similar light, it will hopefully draw Inbound visitors who would either not visit or might land elsewhere.

EI-A330-300
24th Feb 2017, 22:23
An article about EK, doesn't look like any plans for NI for now.

Emirates Northern Ireland passenger numbers soar by 50% at Dublin Airport - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/emirates-northern-ireland-passenger-numbers-soar-by-50-at-dublin-airport-35477247.html)

DC9_10
24th Feb 2017, 22:24
Well said Mart, the days of old I hope are well behind us. I was speaking to one of my Lithuanian customers today who has lived in Belfast for only five years. His Belfast accent is brilliant and he's got the " so I did" spot on.

Refuellerman
24th Feb 2017, 22:25
I didn't see them state that it was the second biggest in the Republic of Ireland, just Ireland, which was completely correct.
Wrong again, ireland is ireland and bfs is in great Britain and Northern Ireland, get it right pls

SecondDog
24th Feb 2017, 22:39
Wrong again, ireland is ireland and bfs is in great Britain and Northern Ireland, get it right pls

Ireland is also the geographical name for the land mass that we reside on (as proven by your own break down of the name GB and NI, as GB is the name of the larger island) it is 2017 ffs, this type of rubbish should be behind us.

Refuellerman
24th Feb 2017, 22:48
Ireland is also the geographical name for the land mass that we reside on (as proven by your own break down of the name GB and NI, as GB is the name of the larger island) it is 2017 ffs, this type of rubbish should be behind
us.
Rubbish isnt what id call it, its the correct detail that must be bugging you because Northern Ireland is where i live so i would appreciate correct grammar and geographical knowledge, if you dont like it stop talking about it😠

EI-A330-300
24th Feb 2017, 22:55
Rubbish, it isn't what I would call it. It's the correct detail that must be bugging you because Northern Ireland is where I live so I would appreciate correct grammar and geographical knowledge. If you don't like it stop talking about it. ��

Just carried out some grammar improvements considering it is so important. :)

PS - Ireland is the correct name for both NI and ROI combined.

Refuellerman
24th Feb 2017, 22:57

Youre obviously very smart aren't you? Fxxk off and mind youre own ei a330, i wasnt talking to you

EI-A330-300
24th Feb 2017, 23:00
You're obviously very smart aren't you? Fxxk off and mind you're own ei a330, I wasn't talking to you.

PS - It is a public forum. If you would like a private conversation then there is a Private Message facility available.

Refuellerman
24th Feb 2017, 23:03

PS - It is a public forum. If you would like a private conversation then there is a Private Message facility available.
Ireland and Northern Ireland are 2 contries, just to correct you like france and spain are

EI-A330-300
24th Feb 2017, 23:10
Ireland and Northern Ireland are 2 contries, just to correct you like france and spain are

Correct, but technically it's Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Ireland just refers to both countries.

I won't do any more corrections. :)

cuthere
24th Feb 2017, 23:30
Jesus wept.....

This lump of rock we all live on (apart from those who live in Liverpool but choose to fly from BFS rather then MAN to the US) is the island of Ireland. The six counties of Armagh, Derry, Fermanagh, Down, Antrim and Tyrone form Northern Ireland: as in "Great Britain and Northern Ireland"! The rest of the island of Ireland is the Republic of Ireland.

AerRyan
24th Feb 2017, 23:35
Ahaha brilliant:D:)

Ireland is the Island of Ireland, which has 2 parts, NI (Part of the United Kingdom) and ROI, these facts are very simple.

Anyway, we are talking about aviation here, and should consider Ireland as an island, as in terms of market there is no border, nothing stops people flying from an airport in a different part of Ireland, which is why so many Donegal residents fly from Derry and other Northern Irish fly from Dublin.

Only consideration is currency.

Anyway, airports always say they're talking to airlines, brings them PR. While Norwegian are there nobody will go near BFS.

Refuellerman
24th Feb 2017, 23:36
Jesus wept.....

This lump of rock we all live on (apart from those who live in Liverpool but choose to fly from BFS rather then MAN to the US) is the island of Ireland. The six counties of Armagh, Derry, Fermanagh, Down, Antrim and Tyrone form Northern Ireland: as in "Great Britain and Northern Ireland"! The rest of the island of Ireland is the Republic of Ireland.

Outstanding

True Blue
24th Feb 2017, 23:46
You talk like Norwegian is the plague. I see lots of airports that Norwegian use and other airlines don't avoid those airports.

In economics, you have what are known as disturbers. Norwegian is a disturber. We need disturbers. Easyjet and Ryanair were disturbers in their time. Now it is Norwegian. The big airlines organised life so that we usually had to use their hubs, very convenient for them, maybe not so good for us. Maybe Norwegian, with a better sized aircraft, will give Bfs a better selection of routes. Not all pax want to use a routing that suits the airline more than the paying passenger. Some will pay extra to fly from Bfs and avoid the road trip to Dublin. What is clear is that Norwegian are starting to pose a bigger threat to the big boys across the atlantic, especially if they start to fly even more direct routes between smaller cities. It could have an impact on hub operations, not what the big boys want at all.

owenc
24th Feb 2017, 23:58
Refullerman, we live in the United Kingdom and our country is situated on the island of Ireland. We are not part of Great Britain by any means.

Let's get back to aviation.

SecondDog
25th Feb 2017, 00:02
Agreed TB, Norwegian are looking like shaking things up a bit. 90 minutes from Stewart into NYC isn't even that bad considering the alternative is 90 minute drive down to DUB or a flight across to GB to link in.

Another positive will surely be the shorter time spent pasing through US border checks with fewer arriving pax, effectively negating the pre-clearance advantage from RoI airports.

All good for me, but this is Negative NI we are talking about where people love the Doom!

owenc
25th Feb 2017, 00:06
You talk like Norwegian is the plague. I see lots of airports that Norwegian use and other airlines don't avoid those airports.

In economics, you have what are known as disturbers. Norwegian is a disturber. We need disturbers. Easyjet and Ryanair were disturbers in their time. Now it is Norwegian. The big airlines organised life so that we usually had to use their hubs, very convenient for them, maybe not so good for us. Maybe Norwegian, with a better sized aircraft, will give Bfs a better selection of routes. Not all pax want to use a routing that suits the airline more than the paying passenger. Some will pay extra to fly from Bfs and avoid the road trip to Dublin. What is clear is that Norwegian are starting to pose a bigger threat to the big boys across the atlantic, especially if they start to fly even more direct routes between smaller cities. It could have an impact on hub operations, not what the big boys want at all.
Exactly. 737 is a great size for our market, I would think.

EI-A330-300
25th Feb 2017, 00:15
Another positive will surely be the shorter time spent pasing through US border checks with fewer arriving pax, effectively negating the pre-clearance advantage from RoI airports.

With 3 flights arriving in minutes of one another in the US and low levels of CBP staff stationed, I wouldn't exactly predict times until it's up and running.

SecondDog
25th Feb 2017, 00:19
With 3 flights arriving in minutes of one another in the US and low levels of CBP staff stationed, I wouldn't exactly predict times until it's up and running.

Or we could air on the side of optimism and hope that the people running Stewart will factor the schedule into their staff deployment?

AerRyan
25th Feb 2017, 01:01
Double/Triple/Quadruple staff levels for what? 15 minutes.

Without giving too information, a certain airline started flying from a certain airport, and higher staffing at security for that specific flight due to the workload involved, these staff are in for several hours as a result, often with little to do, and even the amount of staff hired in is minimal.

I can't see US officials will be spending hours doing nothing, my guess would be that they'll keep staffing levels low in order to keep the operation efficent, this may result in some delays at immigration though, possibly longer than they would be at BOS/JFK at the same time.

West Brit
25th Feb 2017, 05:36

8 out of 10 cuthere, you would have got 10 out of 10 if you had of spelt Derry correctly as in Londonderry, but well done anyway.

As for the arrival of Norwegian at Belfast - great news. A lot of people when going to the east coast, aren't necessary visiting New York or Boston but embark on a fly drive holiday. These smaller airports will be a great alternative and provide a niche above the other 'big' airports in the area. Less traffic competitive car hire and one road out of the airport rather than the complicated road networks within these large airports. Also these airports will be more convenient to use for inbound traffic who live on the right side of these American cities. I think the operation will be a success. All we need now is a 3-4 day year round operation to JFK, thrice weekly seasonal to Toronto, twice weekly April-October Orlando, LHR, Dubai daily, 8 more European cities EMA, Aberdeen and LBA. Once this is achieved BFS would be complete. Dublin can have the rest - happy days!

mart901
25th Feb 2017, 06:24
I'd tend to go with the Idea of wait and see with things like security queues. It's not that many years ago before T2 in particular DUB was a disaster for security queues, and I'm talking regardless of destination as opposed to arrival security. I flew STN to BFS some weeks back and queued for about 45 mins and saw the most appalling, rude and unprofessional security I've ever seen and really quite racist - it made me so proud of our guys on the outbound at BFS and I'd say same of BHD. It can be slow doing things like immigration at small airports, but it can also be much quicker, it's down to them how much of a success they want to make of this.

BFS watcher
25th Feb 2017, 06:33
Good to see all the Dubliners crawling out of their holes and slagging off the arrival of Norwegian at BFS. They have been doing the same on Cork and Shannon threads. I would recommend a piece written by a Munster TD Alan Kelly in the Irish Examiner on the threat of Dublin Airport and it Trojan Horse tactics on Norwegian. Notice as well no bragging from the Dubs on NI traffic increase in 2016, perhaps the tide has turned!

Refuellerman
25th Feb 2017, 07:36
Good to see all the Dubliners crawling out of their holes and slagging off the arrival of Norwegian at BFS. They have been doing the same on Cork and Shannon threads. I would recommend a piece written by a Munster TD Alan Kelly in the Irish Examiner on the threat of Dublin Airport and it Trojan Horse tactics on Norwegian. Notice as well no bragging from the Dubs on NI traffic increase in 2016, perhaps the tide has turned!
Dont mention the trojan horse😵

DC9_10
25th Feb 2017, 08:11
West Brit and Cutters, I take it you were referring to me in your post. The reason why I'm travelling from BFS, although I certainly do live in liverpool is the fact that our friends who are travelling with us are getting married the weekend before we go. They, like my family live in Belfast and I'm in Belfast every other week. I have easyJet staff travel to thank for that. Simples.

AerRyan
25th Feb 2017, 11:30
I wouldn't consider myself a Dublin naysayer being honest, the Norwegian services are not comparable to a proper NYC service. That being said beggers can't be choosers, so hopefully the service does well, but with high prices and no baggage, no meals and ending up in the middle of nowhere, the service doesn't have much going for it at the moment.

BHD2BFS
25th Feb 2017, 12:31
With regards to the announcement of another North American route could it be Virgin?

Their Orlando service has done very well over the years and is an airline already very well know by northern Irish punters

Or maybe the Marketing team is so good they've got Americam Airlines and threw in an offer they can't refuse for BA to come back up he road fly 4 a321 into airport at non restrictive times and allow them to free up a few slots they can use else where ( I joke I joke however not impossible )

cuthere
25th Feb 2017, 14:13
8 out of 10 cuthere, you would have got 10 out of 10 if you had of spelt Derry correctly as in Londonderry, but well don

Westbrit. 1690 called looking for you. Wants you back. Reckons you're not quite ready for the 21st century.

Norwegian will have done their homework and decided BFS is worth the gamble. Time will tell, and good luck to them.

Una Due Tfc
25th Feb 2017, 15:31
Realistically if there is another US service in the offing, would a B752 to a hub like JFK not stand more chance of success than a say 2 weekly A330 to MCO or similar? Especially if it gets the 3 million a year offered to UA?

josechung
25th Feb 2017, 17:03
Going to ignore all you yaps and say I'm actually looking forward to a cheap flight to Boston.

BFS have done well in getting a new US flight. When I was flying home in November with UA a BFS staffer told me VS was interested but wanted money spent on traffic connections. Obviously NI doesnt spend money on reasonable things like that... so I'm chuffed Norwegian has stepped in.

INKJET
25th Feb 2017, 18:37
I wouldn't be to worried about 3 737's turning up at the same time, the best way to avoid 3 at the same time is to plan for 3 to turn up at the same time .....

DC9_10
26th Feb 2017, 13:50
Norweigan Air's new Belfast-US route sells 2,000 tickets in 24 hours - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/02/25/news/norweigan-air-s-new-belfast-us-route-sells-2-000-tickets-in-24-hours-944430/)

Well done. Hope it continues.

A320.b744
28th Feb 2017, 10:20
January passenger stats are out; BFS-LGW was the busiest UK domestic route with 77,117 passengers.

BFS BHD
28th Feb 2017, 14:28
No sign of Ryanair launching Winter 2017/18 from BFS?

BFS BHD
28th Feb 2017, 16:52
New routes to be announced tomorrow I see on BFS MD's Twitter...

SecondDog
1st Mar 2017, 00:00
It would be nice if someone would do a wee run to Malta

OltonPete
1st Mar 2017, 09:19
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170301-new-belfast-to-malta-winter-route-launched/?market=en)

Pete

mart901
1st Mar 2017, 10:30
See you on the plane SecondDog!

Brilliant news. Keep it coming

True Blue
1st Mar 2017, 12:11
Is that all our news for today?

BFS BHD
1st Mar 2017, 15:05
Don't think that announcement today was the official launch for BFS for W17/18 so maybe there's more to come for BFS.

BFS BHD
1st Mar 2017, 15:26
Looking at Wizz Airs seat map for September it looks like the Vilnius service is being operated by A321! :)

GAZMO
1st Mar 2017, 16:47
Great news for Malta. EZY had reasonable loads when they operated the route so hopefully it will be successful for FR.
Maybe the third aircraft for the winter!!!

El Bunto
2nd Mar 2017, 06:55
Rumours that JetBlue are sniffing around UK secondary airports looking for routes for their upcoming A321LRs. I haven't heard Belfast mentioned yet but would be a useful connection into Orlando, to connect to their South American and Caribbean network.

Refuellerman
2nd Mar 2017, 07:57
Rumours that JetBlue are sniffing around UK secondary airports looking for routes for their upcoming A321LRs. I haven't heard Belfast mentioned yet but would be a useful connection into Orlando, to connect to their South American and Caribbean network.
Pardon my ignorance are a321 lr aircraft a neo or even more range aircraft?

El Bunto
2nd Mar 2017, 09:40
It's a NEO derivative, with extra tankage and aero tweaks. Should beat 757-200 range by a few miles. Interestingly I see that Norwegian also have 30 LRs on order, configured for 220 seats.

Refuellerman
2nd Mar 2017, 11:31
It's a NEO derivative, with extra tankage and aero tweaks. Should beat 757-200 range by a few miles. Interestingly I see that Norwegian also have 30 LRs on order, configured for 220 seats.
Interesting😃

BFS BHD
2nd Mar 2017, 12:37
Looks like Berlin is down to two weekly for Winter 2017/18 for Ryanair. Thursday flight dropped.

j636
2nd Mar 2017, 19:26
A Sunday/Tuesday Berlin service, setting it up to fail !

AerRyan
2nd Mar 2017, 19:31
Did the same to Shannon, and now cut the route.

AIRPORT66
2nd Mar 2017, 21:00
I would have thought 2 flights would have been enough for the winter anyway.

sinbad73
2nd Mar 2017, 23:35
Didn't EZY also fail on BFS-SXF?

canberra97
3rd Mar 2017, 16:24
Fail is a strange term for a route that was cut, there may be many reasons for an airline such as EZY to cut routes but it to use the term 'fail' is a bit harsh.

GAZMO
3rd Mar 2017, 17:39
Think the economic downturn at the time that was the main reason, Venice, Gansk were also curtailed, I think 2009/10

GAZMO
7th Mar 2017, 12:20
from BT
Belfast International Airport to London Gatwick now busiest air route in UK - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/belfast-international-airport-to-london-gatwick-now-busiest-air-route-in-uk-35506515.html)

BFS BHD
7th Mar 2017, 15:27
BFS MD has said Malta will be the only new route for Ryanair for Winter 17/18 unless APD is sorted out in the budget, which I don't see happening! :rolleyes:

Refuellerman
7th Mar 2017, 17:05
BFS MD has said Malta will be the only new route for Ryanair for Winter 17/18 unless APD is sorted out in the budget, which I don't see happening! :rolleyes:

More lies from the foreign airline 0lol😴 5 aircraft my a##e

EI-BUD
7th Mar 2017, 21:23
More lies from the foreign airline 0lol😴 5 aircraft my a##e

Sad to see this thread going into the mud, not being a fan of FR but to refer to them as 'foreign' is in the true spirit of anti - Irish rhetoric only seen in Northern Ireland. The folk on these pages usually refrain from this kind of remark and each person shares their knowledge, perspective and experience.

Disappointing.

On a separate note really great to see LGW BFS gaining the top spot in terms of traffic, quite an achievement.

EI-BUD

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Mar 2017, 21:38
Sad to see this thread going into the mud, not being a fan of FR but to refer to them as 'foreign' is in the true spirit of anti - Irish rhetoric only seen in Northern Ireland. The folk on these pages usually refrain from this kind of remark and each person shares their knowledge, perspective and experience.

Disappointing.

There are plenty of people who wouldn't fly EI/FR because they are "Irish" carriers.

More lies from the foreign airline 0lol�� 5 aircraft my a##e

I bet you can't wait until foreign people will be in charge of Stormont in the next few year. :ooh:

I hear the DUP might like new members, you would fit right in.

AerRyan
7th Mar 2017, 21:51
Ahhahahha Brilliant!

This thread can get quite funny.

Refuellerman
8th Mar 2017, 07:59
There are plenty of people who wouldn't fly EI/FR because they are "Irish" carriers.

I bet you can't wait until foreign people will be in charge of Stormont in the next few year. :ooh:

I hear the DUP might like new members, you would fit right in.
Theres nothing political about it, the same way Lufthansa is a foreign airline, its not me politically referring to airlines🖕

vrb03kt
8th Mar 2017, 21:40
Does anyone know if Norwegian are going to have crew bases at BFS/DUB/ORK or will these routes be crewed from elsewhere?

AerRyan
8th Mar 2017, 21:44
Crewed in Stewart and Providence.

Husky One
8th Mar 2017, 21:51
In order to get US approval they had to establish a US operation. The IAA don't seem to care about such practice so it's highly unlikely there'll be new bases until further expansion is announced. Even then I'd be baffled if BFS gets a crew base. The EDI base is getting some long haul with a Max-9 based there.

vrb03kt
8th Mar 2017, 22:01
That's a shame that there aren't flight/cabin crew jobs being created in Ireland. Thanks for the info.

mart901
8th Mar 2017, 22:23
I'm not sure Norwegian ever said they were employing people directly here. The aircraft are based in US??? Isn't it normal for crew to be based as such where the aircraft are.

Husky One
8th Mar 2017, 23:18
Yesterday Norwegian announced a reduction in their LGW short haul operations to instead concentrate on long haul next year. For LGW that means more 78's. not sure where the 73's are heading though.. maybe a different U.K. Base. They'll have to put them somewhere but I just don't see them featuring over here. The US stuff was opportunistic and a bit of a no-brainer for them but we're not on their short haul radar

GAZMO
9th Mar 2017, 11:03
Malta now on sale, Monday and Friday from £36.99 single

EI-A330-300
9th Mar 2017, 12:07
FR have launched winter schedule:
Ryanair’s Belfast winter 2017 schedule will deliver:

1 new route to: Malta (2 wkly)
12 routes in total
61 weekly flights
1.3m customers p.a. (+600,000)
975* “on-site” jobs p.a.
- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170309-ryanair-launches-belfast-winter-2017-schedule/?market=en#sthash.ZeqFuLlu.dpuf)

A320.b744
9th Mar 2017, 13:15
Final 2016 passenger figures are out. Here are the figures for some of Ryanair's new routes.

Gatwick: 858,757 (from 470,344) - could just scrape 1 million this year
Berlin SXF: 15,209
Bergamo: 9,645
Warsaw: 5,761
Gdansk: 5,004
Wroclaw: 4,986

Also of note, Alicante is now the busiest international route, having seen a 34% increase to 153,691 (from 114,865), and KLM's Amsterdam flights are having little effect on easyJet, having seen a 20% increase in passenger numbers.

True Blue
9th Mar 2017, 22:13
I see there are some very good fares on Norwegian out of Bfs to N America at the moment.

EI-BUD
10th Mar 2017, 00:15
Yes True Blue,
And Stewart Airport is only 15 miles from Woodbury Common, the shopping outlet ... Good to see another development for the airport. Adding Boston /Providence is a good move, with some luck others will follow. Pity they don't have a BFS base that way Toronto would have a sprorting chance...

EI-BUD

inOban
10th Mar 2017, 07:09
Surely if very good fares are still available out of BFS to N America it suggests that demand hasn't been high?

SecondDog
10th Mar 2017, 08:17
TSurely if very good fares are still available out of BFS to N America it suggests that demand hasn't been high?
They sold 10k seats within 24 hours (about one third the capaciy ). I think thats alright....

inOban
10th Mar 2017, 08:43
Glad to hear that.

mart901
10th Mar 2017, 10:47
Also fares to the US from Belfast have fallen massively, looking at the alternatives from BHD, about 6 months ahead I've found £284 return with BA/AA and £310 with EI/VS, sometimes EI/UA combination is similar pricing wise. That's all inclusive of luggage and in flight catering.

owenc
10th Mar 2017, 11:25
I noticed that myself. I noticed that Dublin isn't too cheap this time around, £450/£500 at minimum which doesn't seem worth it for the three hour drive.

AerRyan
10th Mar 2017, 11:29
You need to book in local currency I notice, otherwise it's much more expensive.

mart901
10th Mar 2017, 11:56
Whichever currency DUB is vastly more expensive at present, I'd hazard a guess it's a combination of currency and more importantly demand is high.

BFS BHD
10th Mar 2017, 15:04
Few extra flights put on sale for Summer 2017. Routes that have got extra flights are Alicante, Barcelona, Faro, Ibiza, Malaga, Nice & Split.

BHD2BFS
10th Mar 2017, 15:26
So how many extra weekly flights will Ezy be flying?
Most definitely going to be a bumper year for the airport. I wonder where they plan to build the extra retail units

Refuellerman
10th Mar 2017, 16:49
T
They sold 10k seats within 24 hours (about one third the capaciy ). I think thats alright....

I think it was morelike 2000 seats

OltonPete
10th Mar 2017, 18:23
BHD2BFS

EasyJet extra flights? Are you sure has anyone compared the May to June & July schedules as looking at the UK routes they have been slashed for three months which could mean such things as BFS-BHX-BFS-MAN-BFS replaced by BFS-ALC.

That in my book would be slashing your pax by 33% with the aircraft doing 4 sectors instead of six. BHX loses 8 flights a week high season

If I have time I will check May and July schedules.

I have little doubt easy can make more money on Med routes at this time of year that flogging UK domestics

Pete

inOban
10th Mar 2017, 18:53
Looking from my reference airport (EDI) I can see that a few domestic rotations have been dropped, but by far the biggest loser is EDI - BFS. I don't know whether they've been dropped today to make space for extra flights just added, or whether they were never in the summer timetable. The absence of premium fare domestic business flying during the school holiday season must make some flights both unnecessary as well as uneconomic.

Spambhoy
10th Mar 2017, 20:41
Looking from my reference airport (EDI) I can see that a few domestic rotations have been dropped, but by far the biggest loser is EDI - BFS. I don't know whether they've been dropped today to make space for extra flights just added, or whether they were never in the summer timetable. The absence of premium fare domestic business flying during the school holiday season must make some flights both unnecessary as well as uneconomic.

Look closely at messrs Irving and Brooks on the NATS side.

inOban
10th Mar 2017, 20:50
Which threads?

SecondDog
10th Mar 2017, 20:57
I think it was morelike 2000 seats

Thats okay, you can think that all you like 😉

A320.b744
10th Mar 2017, 21:26
Thats okay, you can think that all you like 😉

But he's right - 2000 seats in 24 hours 😉

Norweigan Air's new Belfast-US route sells 2,000 tickets in 24 hours - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/02/25/news/norweigan-air-s-new-belfast-us-route-sells-2-000-tickets-in-24-hours-944430/)

Refuellerman
11th Mar 2017, 08:35
But he's right - 2000 seats in 24 hours 😉

Norweigan Air's new Belfast-US route sells 2,000 tickets in 24 hours - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/02/25/news/norweigan-air-s-new-belfast-us-route-sells-2-000-tickets-in-24-hours-944430/)thank you a320😊

SecondDog
11th Mar 2017, 20:18
thank you a320😊

Yes i read that too, just heard something different from a good source. If it, and consequently I, am wrong..... I don't really care cos it is an internet rumour site. 😈

Refuellerman
12th Mar 2017, 13:58
Yes i read that too, just heard something different from a good source. If it, and consequently I, am wrong..... I don't really care cos it is an internet rumour site. 😈
You just dont like to be proved wrong w####r

SecondDog
12th Mar 2017, 15:15
You just dont like to be proved wrong w####r

Winter? Hopefully it is over

cuthere
12th Mar 2017, 15:46
Surely if they've sold 10k, rather than 2k seats, they'd say so? Why get into the press with a number one fifth of the actual seats sold? That would be pretty dumb.

AerRyan
12th Mar 2017, 18:16
Agreed.

This thread brings me joy, it really does get quite comical.

I'd have hopes for BFS to get a proper TATL service once A321 LR becomes widespread.

A320.b744
12th Mar 2017, 18:29
If this whole low-cost long haul thing actually kicks off - there's a real chance it won't - then I'd say BFS would be lucky if any legacy airlines wish to operate transatlantic flights to NI. Just look at what happened when easyJet came into town - BFS lost BA, KLM (and even their BHD services are a significant reduction of what they were from BFS in the '90s).

The A321LR will be brilliant for the likes of Dublin and other transatlantic hubs, but for BFS we won't see them unless Norwegian or other LCCs are operating them to the likes of PVD.

We can always live in hope that one of the 'big three' return to BFS, but Norwegian has pretty much put the nail in the coffin for a proper NYC or BOS service.

SecondDog
12th Mar 2017, 21:20
Surely if they've sold 10k, rather than 2k seats, they'd say so? Why get into the press with a number one fifth of the actual seats sold? That would be pretty dumb.

I am enjoying it too. As I said, I heard a higher number from reasonably involved source. Might not have been right. I will still sleep fine and well tonight.

cuthere
12th Mar 2017, 22:27
Dog. Leaving aside your sonammbulism, and also the comic content, can you tell me why BFS aren't shouting about the 10,000 seats sold? Either 10,000 seats have NOT been sold, or the airport is plagued by commercial niaviety. Surely 10,000 seats sold is proof of demand and as a commercial entity, the airport should be bellowing this from the rooftops?

13th Mar 2017, 16:20
The 10,000 flights were across all the launched bases.

Belfast was 2,000.

Perhaps for the Norwegian thread rather than here, Cork was also at 1,500, meaning that Belfast and Cork combined accounted for 35% of their ticket sales, even though they only had 18% of the flights. It would be interesting to know just how well the other bases had performed.

SecondDog
14th Mar 2017, 02:32
The 10,000 flights were across all the launched bases.

Belfast was 2,000.

Perhaps for the Norwegian thread rather than here, Cork was also at 1,500, meaning that Belfast and Cork combined accounted for 35% of their ticket sales, even though they only had 18% of the flights. It would be interesting to know just how well the other bases had performed.

Cheers 840, that explains it for me.

West Brit
14th Mar 2017, 07:04
Dog. Leaving aside your sonammbulism, and also the comic content, can you tell me why BFS aren't shouting about the 10,000 seats sold?

Cuthere, are you sure about use of the full stop after Dog? I would have thought that a coma was more appropriate. (eg see how I started the sentence when addressing you 'Cuthere, are......'

Also he is called SecondDog not Dog?

cuthere
14th Mar 2017, 07:53
West Tit, it should be "Also he is called SecondDog, not Dog". Now, that rock you live under is getting lonely.

El Bunto
14th Mar 2017, 09:34
Whilst we bicker about how many thousand tickets Norwegian have sold to second-tier east coast destinations, Qatar announce they are commencing daily service to Dublin in June using the A350.

So that's Emirates, Etihad and Qatar all serving Dublin each and every day with the former two being twice-daily for the summer. That's roughly 1600 seats Each way each day.

How can that be sustained on a population of five million or to invert the question why can't a population of 1.8 million attract a single one of those five flights?

Refuellerman
14th Mar 2017, 09:39
Whilst we bicker about how many thousand tickets Norwegian have sold to second-tier east coast destinations, Qatar announce they are commencing daily service to Dublin in June using the A350.

So that's Emirates, Etihad and Qatar all serving Dublin each and every day with the former two being twice-daily for the summer.

How can that be sustained on a population of five million or to invert the question why can't a population of 1.8 million attract a single one of those five flights?
It wouldn't be anything to so with our second tier no good money draining time wasting good for f##k all government lol?

West Brit
14th Mar 2017, 10:38
West Tit, it should be "Also he is called SecondDog, not Dog". Now, that rock you live under is getting lonely.

I never suggested my grammar was good, however you continually are 'spell/grammar checking' every poster's grammar. Pity you don't practise what you preach.

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 12:52
Having the username "West Brit" says enough about your input.

SecondDog
14th Mar 2017, 16:20

I never suggested my grammar was good, however you continually are 'spell/grammar checking' every poster's grammar. Pity you don't practise what you preach.

It's alright, I wasn't offended. He has shown his colours with his rants about DC9_10.

Also he spelt his big words wrong in the post so I giggled.

BFS BHD
14th Mar 2017, 16:40
Monday:
Belfast-Dalaman - 16:45-23:20
Dalaman-Belfast - 00:25-03:20

Tuesday:
Belfast-Reus - 06:20-09:55
Reus-Belfast - 10:55-12:35
Belfast-Tenerife - 13:50-18:15
Tenerife-Belfast - 19:15-23:50

Wednesday:
Belfast-Larnaca - 13:55-21:05
Larnaca-Belfast - 22:05-01:35

Thursday:
Belfast-Lanzarote - 07:10-11:40
Lanzarote-Belfast - 12:40-16:55
Belfast-Dalaman - 17:55-00:35
Dalaman-Belfast - 01:30-04:25

Friday:
Belfast-Reus - 06:20-09:55
Reus-Belfast - 10:55-12:35
Belfast-Tenerife - 13:45-18:10
Tenerife-Belfast - 19:10-23:45

Saturday:
Belfast-Palma - 05:10-09:10
Palma-Belfast - 10:10-12:10
Belfast-Larnaca - 13:55-20:50
Larnaca-Belfast - 21:50-01:15

Sunday:
Belfast-Lanzarote - 14:25-18:55
Lanzarote-Belfast - 19:55-00:10

Gaps on Monday, Wednesday & Sunday.

Long Haul:
Cancun - 2 flights (3rd & 11th July)
Orlando - 2 flights (2nd & 10th July)

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 16:44
Dalaman twice a week from Belfast and you can't even fly there from the republic!

BFS BHD
14th Mar 2017, 16:48
Looks like Dalaman is replacing Gran Canaria for S18.

West Brit
14th Mar 2017, 19:22
Having the username "West Brit" says enough about your input.

AerRyan, your point being?

cuthere
14th Mar 2017, 21:30
Dog, did you have to Google the big word? Or did you ask your source about it? You know, the 10,000 seat one.

As for my mucker DC_9 (have a scan for his former incarnation, Mutley Shriek); he and I go back a looooong way. Way before you showed up on here with your posts fuelled by inaccurate sources. Speaking of which (again) are you going to admit that it was inaccurate and apologise to Refuellerman? No? Didn't think so.

SecondDog
14th Mar 2017, 21:57
Dog, did you have to Google the big word? Or did you ask your source about it? You know, the 10,000 seat one.

As for my mucker DC_9 (have a scan for his former incarnation, Mutley Shriek); he and I go back a looooong way. Way before you showed up on here with your posts fuelled by inaccurate sources. Speaking of which (again) are you going to admit that it was inaccurate and apologise to Refuellerman? No? Didn't think so.

Well no, I didn't look up the letters you wrote down because they weren't a word.

It doesn't matter how long you and your girlfriend go back as you are still a bit of a rude fella which was the point of my post.

Apologise to someone who called me a 'w****r'? After all I did was state what I thought and highlight the great cosmic importance of it all (or lack thereof) in the context of an internet message board that exists to promulgate what people hear....

As it turns out I was correct in that 10k seats had been sold and just the context was incorrect. In such a scenario the only important thing to do is correct the context, which has been done.

Fin.

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 22:03
Like a politican, adamant that you're right until proven wrong, and then try to play it off that others are still completely in the wrong.

Hello Arlene.

West Brit
14th Mar 2017, 22:22
Sorry AerRyan, don't get the link between picking up on poor grammar of a poster, who is critical of other poster's grammar, and the previous 1st Minister of NI.
I can only assume that you are anti British and a biggot by your comments.

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 22:26
What are you going on about? Grammar? I never made any comment towards that at all!

And Anti-British, oh you make me laugh.

Refuellerman
14th Mar 2017, 22:38
The political nature of ryans posts are a true reflection that air ryan is indeed an idiot

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 22:43
Political reflection?

Do any of ye actually know I'm a Geordie living in Clare?

Why should politics have anything to do with this anyway, although I will admit I bring the lovely Arlene into this thread for pure entertainment.

NWSRG
14th Mar 2017, 22:54
Come on girls...put the handbags down. This thread is getting silly again...

AerRyan
14th Mar 2017, 22:56
Ah when hasn't it been, it's like the comedy thread of the forum.

AerRyan
15th Mar 2017, 09:46
When your true colours come out :)

Refuellerman
15th Mar 2017, 10:53
When your true colours come out :)
An chèreux be balbex

Una Due Tfc
15th Mar 2017, 14:27

So that's Emirates, Etihad and Qatar all serving Dublin each and every day with the former two being twice-daily for the summer. That's roughly 1600 seats Each way each day.

The 2 carriers already operating DUB handle a lot of freight to/from NI. A BFS service might cannibalize that.

Before recent events in Turkey I thought TK was a reasonable prospect for BFS, maybe they still are.

Refuellerman
15th Mar 2017, 14:51
The 2 carriers already operating DUB handle a lot of freight to/from NI. A BFS service might cannibalize that.

Before recent events in Turkey I thought TK was a reasonable prospect for BFS, maybe they still are.
At last a non-political ppruner, turkish, westjet and delta still negotiating apparently, but the big one is ba are sniffing around again

owenc
15th Mar 2017, 15:21
Really can't see Delta working with Norweigan in town.

A320.b744
15th Mar 2017, 16:21
I'd say a seasonal 737-700 link to Toronto with Westjet will be the only fruition from these apparent talks. None of the 'big three' US airlines will re-enter the NI market if Norwegian remain. I also can't see what BA could offer BFS; BHD would be a better bet for them if they're planning BA Cityflyer leisure routes, and LHR isn't going to happen any time soon.

buzz_hornet
15th Mar 2017, 16:44

they changed their mind from the 787?

Una Due Tfc
15th Mar 2017, 18:42
Medium term JetBlue could be a good shout to either BOS or JFK on the 321neo LR or whatever it's called. I suspect if their codeshare with EI endures then they'll stay out of DUB and SNN as EI already feed them from there. An EI codeshare ex BFS would keep IAG happy and would avoid any political nonsense. I'd imagine LGW would be top of their wishlist, then MAN and EDI, worth going after for BFS management I would think anyway.

Una Due Tfc
15th Mar 2017, 18:44
they changed their mind from the 787?

I'm open to correction here but I believe they launch the route on the A359 for PR then revert to B788.

EGAC is Better
15th Mar 2017, 19:28
I'm open to correction here but I believe they launch the route on the A359 for PR then revert to B788.

+1 on this. That is exactly how I read it and their website is still showing B788.

BFS BHD
15th Mar 2017, 19:28
Looking on BFS wiki page the cargo (tonnes) was down from 30,389 in 2015 to 7,597 in 2016. Is this right? Has I didn't see much decrease in cargo last year...

Refuellerman
15th Mar 2017, 19:42
Looking on BFS wiki page the cargo (tonnes) was down from 30,389 in 2015 to 7,597 in 2016. Is this right? Has I didn't see much decrease in cargo last year...
Dunno about that, same type of a/c coming in and more frequently, inc extra tnt 757 service last xmas etc, the odd extra sun dhl too

BFS BHD
15th Mar 2017, 19:44
Yes appeared to be about the same as 2015 maybe its just a mistake from CAA stats.

EI-BUD
15th Mar 2017, 22:42
While I'm not expecting it, Delta's arrival at BFS, I do think that the network carriers will go on an extended campaign to make life hard for Norwegian on the North Atlantic ... Willie Walsh has said that BA and others were complacent in thinking that the easyJet's and Ryanair's of this world would be a momentary wonder, and now BA and other network carriers are not about to watch their transatlantic operation go the same way...

AerRyan
15th Mar 2017, 22:46
Regarding BA, Manchester maybe, but Belfast? Delta, however unlikely, would be more probable than this.

Legacy carriers can do very little with BFS seemingly, although I'd say West Jet would probably be the best avenue for TA growth in the next few years.

MaverickPrime
16th Mar 2017, 08:36
Just read this in the mail.

Fly to US with Ryanair transfer to another budget airline | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4318372/Fly-Ryanair-transfer-budget-airline.html)

RYR plans to feed NAS flights. I think the plan is to transfer via LGW.

Although, anybody foresee BFS, EDI etc become transit points to the US?

West Brit
16th Mar 2017, 09:40
Although, anybody foresee BFS, EDI etc become transit points to the US?

If they strike a deal with EZY as discussed in the article then BFS would be well placed as a transfer point. Although timings could be an issue!

BFS watcher
16th Mar 2017, 09:40
Big rumour that Ryanair will do BFSGLA announcement coming soon as MOL seriously p#£@*d off at the Stansted PSO at CODA.

Refuellerman
16th Mar 2017, 10:06
Big rumour that Ryanair will do BFSGLA announcement coming soon as MOL seriously p#£@*d off at the Stansted PSO at CODA.
If fr get on the lpl route it would seriously p##s off ezy,7 runs a day some days

OneBellEnd
16th Mar 2017, 10:50
I seriously cannot see Ryanair launching BFS Glasgow. easyJet have been established on the route for years and fly 4 daily flights most of the time. I know there was strong speculation that Ryan would start Belfast Birmingham a while back when it looked like EZY were about to drop that service, but for Ryanair to come on a route like Glasgow which is central to easyJet's network and heavily served seems rather unlikely to me.

mart901
17th Mar 2017, 00:48
Booked some very well priced flights to SWF, interesting to note Norwegian are selling 189 seats per flight, at 31 inch pitch, I'm assuming the MAX is slightly longer or less toilets, or thinner seats ?? in order to achieve this?

Refuellerman
17th Mar 2017, 15:32
Booked some very well priced flights to SWF, interesting to note Norwegian are selling 189 seats per flight, at 31 inch pitch, I'm assuming the MAX is slightly longer or less toilets, or thinner seats ?? in order to achieve this?

I would say the seats are thinner, legislation for toilets per people are mandatory for airlines i think

mart901
17th Mar 2017, 15:35
Yup I think you are right, I was well happy with what I paid I have to say, plenty of good value seats out there. Anyone any word on how sales are going now after the initial launch frenzy?

BFS BHD
17th Mar 2017, 20:07
Next flight schedule release for easyJet is Thursday 23rd March.
Will include: 29 October 2017 – 4 February 2018.
Flight schedule release dates | easyJet (http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release)

El Bunto
18th Mar 2017, 13:51
189 seats at up-to-31-inch is possible in the old -800 cabin, it was actually Norwegian's original cabin layout. Constrained by the exit limitations* and payload-range performance on the -800, rather than seat thickness.

Thinner seats will give Ryanair 197 seats in the MAX-8 cabin, technically capable of 200, with two additional exits and no change of floor area.

* One of the reasons the -900 sold at all was that it had enough exits to permit the pitch to be reduced to 28 inches, so airlines had an extra bump in capacity beyond that suggested by the extra floor area.

Refuellerman
19th Mar 2017, 16:04
189 seats at up-to-31-inch is possible in the old -800 cabin, it was actually Norwegian's original cabin layout. Constrained by the exit limitations* and payload-range performance on the -800, rather than seat thickness.

Thinner seats will give Ryanair 197 seats in the MAX-8 cabin, technically capable of 200, with two additional exits and no change of floor area.

* One of the reasons the -900 sold at all was that it had enough exits to permit the pitch to be reduced to 28 inches, so airlines had an extra bump in capacity beyond that suggested by the extra floor area.
And no extra cabin crew😁

GAZMO
20th Mar 2017, 12:29
Article from this morning press.....155,000 extra summer seats.

EasyJet adds 155,000 extra summer seats from Belfast - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/03/20/news/easyjet-adds-155-000-extra-summer-seats-from-belfast-970081/)

GAZMO
23rd Mar 2017, 06:50
Winter 17/18 schedule out, no new destinations or increase in frequencies :uhoh:

planedrive
23rd Mar 2017, 08:31
easyJet don't normally release new routes on the same day as the schedule release. They'll be added over the coming weeks/months!

OneBellEnd
23rd Mar 2017, 09:48
Indeed - schedule looks pretty solid. A lot of UK domestic frequency across all core routes (hopefully Belfast will get the benefit of £ to £ on GB routes for visitors travelling over the Irish Sea from 'the Mainland') and nothing unexpectedly negative on the international routes, including the seasonal winter returns of Geneva, Lyon, Lanzarote and Reykjavik. They have grown Belfast seats a lot in the last year or so. Whilst a couple of shiny new routes, even on low weekly schedules is nice to see, it's good to see the growth which has been introduced being consolidated - and more likely new routes would be added in Spring I'd say. Other stations will no doubt have greater uncertainty over the next couple of years, given that the strong NI - GB links won't come under scrutiny - no matter what issues from brexit discussions. ;)

Refuellerman
23rd Mar 2017, 11:13
No lanzarote anymore sucks

GAZMO
23rd Mar 2017, 11:34
Refuellerman - ACE with EZY just taking a break until October.

Still have FR, LS, TCX and TOM flying to ACE

Refuellerman
23rd Mar 2017, 17:29
Refuellerman - ACE with EZY just taking a break until October.

Still have FR, LS, TCX and TOM flying to ACE
Oh right, cheers😂

True Blue
23rd Mar 2017, 20:14
I have just been having a quick look at the winter flights on Ezy. Have to say, some really strange timings on the likes of Ltn, Stn and Gla. Just further evidence for me that Ezy are slowly loosing the plot. They claim to be really interested in business pax yet on Gla, in November, the first flights to Gla on a Thursday and Friday are 2.00 pm. First flight on a Sunday out of Ltn is 7.05 am, on a Tuesday and Wednesday 12.40 pm! Ezy seem to be trying to squeeze more and more into Bfs without increasing number of based aircraft, resulting in some really stupid timings.

GAZMO
23rd Mar 2017, 20:26
Going by TCX website Kos on the map for next year 2018
http://thomascookairlinesuk-newsroom.condor.com/en/int/news-article/17-new-routes-seven-new-own-brand-hotels-for-summer-2018-on-sale/

BFS BHD
23rd Mar 2017, 20:40
Great news GAZMO was wondering what was going to operate on Monday morning.

Ibiza and Gran Canaria dropped for the new route to Kos and the extra Dalaman.

BFS BHD
23rd Mar 2017, 21:35
Was looking on this website - https://www.amadeus.net/tools/timetables and was searching on the timetable for Malaga for Winter 2017/18 and Jet2 is appearing operating 2 weekly on Thursday and Sunday but the flights aren't bookable on Jet2s website. Is Jet2 planning to operate in W17/18 or is it a mistake?

mart901
27th Mar 2017, 18:00
https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2017/march/six-in-a-row-record-for-belfast-international-airport

West Brit
27th Mar 2017, 22:15
Did I miss something? or is Kaunas a new Wizzair route Fridays & Mondays beginning in July?

BHD2BFS
27th Mar 2017, 22:29
Seems to start beginning of July. Twice weekly flights but the prices seem very high at the moment

Maybe will be announced this week?

Jamie2k9
27th Mar 2017, 22:31
VNO runway closure over the summer.

BHD2BFS
27th Mar 2017, 22:45
I'm surprised Wizz haven't expanded its services from Belfast. I'd say Ryanair have Poland covered now but I thought its other bases such at Budapest, Prague or Sofia may have at least a sessional market for the weekend traveller

I may be wrong but was Ryanair not meant to start a Venice service from BFS?

GAZMO
28th Mar 2017, 13:27
Is this a one off charter flight tomorrow

https://www.belfastairport.com/images/airline-logo-thomas-cook.jpgKRAKOWMT907206:30

richardnei
28th Mar 2017, 14:06
Is this a one off charter flight tomorrow

https://www.belfastairport.com/images/airline-logo-thomas-cook.jpgKRAKOWMT907206:30

It's a day trip. Due back on Wednesday night.

GAZMO
30th Mar 2017, 12:02
For those who may be interested 1 hour 20 mins express coach service from Stewart to Manhattan

Express Shuttle Service Between Stewart Airport and NYC (http://nitravelnews.com/news-stories/2655-express-shuttle-service-between-stewart-airport-and-nyc.html)

A320.b744
30th Mar 2017, 14:12
That makes SWF slightly more attractive, though I'd hope that they expand their schedule given that the majority of people (both NI and US passengers) would be making use of the shuttle service because of the airport's remote location.

The schedule has 4 services daily - 220 seats each way - departing Stewart at 19:25, 19:45, 20:00, 21:00. The BFS flight arrives at 19:05, meaning people would likely miss the first and possibly the second shuttle, and there'll be a big problem if the flight is ever delayed arriving into Stewart.

mart901
31st Mar 2017, 08:07
The shuttle is pre booked only and it's only purpose is to meet flights. I can't imagine it leaving empty somehow because they state on the website buses will be waiting for you when you clear customs.

GAZMO
5th Apr 2017, 10:09
From this mornings BT

"Mr O'Leary has already warned that the remaining three domestic flights from Derry could be moved to Belfast unless there is a cut in APD"

Well cannot see a cut in APD when we have no Stormont!!

cuthere
5th Apr 2017, 10:19
Firstly, there aren't three domestic FR routes from Derry for him to move. Secondly, APD is charged at exactly the same rate at BFS as at LDY.

Yet another exceptional piece of journalism from a once great, now not so much, newspaper.

BFS watcher
6th Apr 2017, 10:31
From this mornings BT

"Mr O'Leary has already warned that the remaining three domestic flights from Derry could be moved to Belfast unless there is a cut in APD"

Well cannot see a cut in APD when we have no Stormont!!

Reinforces the very strong rumours that FR will start both Glasgow and Liverpool from BFS, double daily initially from both.

owenc
6th Apr 2017, 11:08
It'd be great if they'd start flying from Stansted. I can't stand Easyjet, their gate agents in Stansted are foul and the planes are always 30+ minutes late.. At one stage not too long ago, I had a flight that didn't get into Belfast until after 1am (due in at 10pm). Not to mention that god awful baggage policy!

GAZMO
6th Apr 2017, 12:20
Owen from time to time flights are delayed, ATC issues, technical issues, weather..... which tends to have a knock on effect during the day. In general I have found EZY fairly punctual

On another note booking on Norweigen appear quite good
New Norwegian US Routes Selling Well (http://nitravelnews.com/news-stories/2668-new-norwegian-us-routes-selling-well.html)

Anybody know how well the FR service to Gerona / Girona is doing?

BFS BHD
6th Apr 2017, 14:06
Looking on Jet2s timetable and it appears TFS goes from 3 weekly to 1 weekly and ALC goes from 5 weekly to 3 weekly in March/April 2017 are they planning on downgrading BFS operations next summer because of new bases at STN and BHX?

Startledgrapefruit
6th Apr 2017, 15:26
Looking on Jet2s timetable and it appears TFS goes from 3 weekly to 1 weekly and ALC goes from 5 weekly to 3 weekly in March/April 2017 are they planning on downgrading BFS operations next summer because of new bases at STN and BHX?

Maybe it's FR and their ability to scare off other airlines.

GAZMO
6th Apr 2017, 15:41
BFS BHD
I wouldn't read too much into the schedule just yet as I assume Jet2 are about to finalise summer 18 schedule. GLA and EDI already announced

Jet2 tend to be very steady in their approach. Last year they had 39 weekly flights in peak season, this summer it will be 41. Also they will be starting some routes earlier next year.

BFS BHD
6th Apr 2017, 17:53
Other changes I just noticed is Faro now starts in March instead of February and Gran Canaria down to 1 weekly instead of 2 weekly though W17/18 back to 2 weekly for April 2017. Hopefully its just them updating for the official release soon. Maybe took them down to update the seat map from 733 to 738... :)

BFS BHD
7th Apr 2017, 09:34
Jet2 - Tenerife back to 2 weekly in April but the Friday flight moves to Saturday.

SecondDog
7th Apr 2017, 13:11
I think Jet2 will be grand. Their holidays brand is very popular.

EGAC is Better
7th Apr 2017, 18:40
Anybody know how well the FR service to Gerona / Girona is doing?

Gazmo, I used the Girona service last weekend. Was busy enough for early season and only the 3rd flight. I'd estimate load factor of around 70%. Seemed a lot busier on the way home on Monday.

Heading out again in a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see if it is any busier then.

A320.b744
7th Apr 2017, 19:17
Belfast airports welcomed a record 7.8 million passengers in 2016 (http://www.anna.aero/2017/04/07/belfast-airports-welcomed-record-passengers-2016/)

GAZMO
7th Apr 2017, 19:26
Have to admit a very good article from Anna.aero
Certainly going to be interesting in the winter with five weekly flights to KEF?

A320.b744
8th Apr 2017, 00:06
Have to admit a very good article from Anna.aero
Certainly going to be interesting in the winter with five weekly flights to KEF?

I'd say five weekly flights to KEF is in line with current demand. It must be noted that Icelandair operate aircraft that have less than half the seat capacity of easyJet.

Twice weekly easyJet: 312 seats each way (A319)
Thrice weekly Icelandair:222 seats each way (Q400)

easyJet will cater solely for the leisure market, but the Icelandair service will also be used for connecting passengers - we've seen the loss of United Airlines and Brussels Airlines so there is a need for another hub connection.

During the summer when easyJet flights are suspended, I wouldn't be surprised if Icelandair increased their frequency to 4-5 weekly flights. Eventually easyJet will probably suspend the route, but I think that it'll be a success for Icelander. The only disadvantage is that the route will be operated by the Q400, but even so it will cut journey times for North American bound passengers who previously had to fly east to go west.

NWSRG
8th Apr 2017, 18:34
I'd say five weekly flights to KEF is in line with current demand. It must be noted that Icelandair operate aircraft that have less than half the seat capacity of easyJet.

Twice weekly easyJet: 312 seats each way (A319)
Thrice weekly Icelandair:222 seats each way (Q400)

easyJet will cater solely for the leisure market, but the Icelandair service will also be used for connecting passengers - we've seen the loss of United Airlines and Brussels Airlines so there is a need for another hub connection.

If the Icelandair link proves viable with Q400s (and I think it will), maybe they will upgrade to a MAX. That would make it very tempting, given the onward connections to the US.

Refuellerman
9th Apr 2017, 09:02
If the Icelandair link proves viable with Q400s (and I think it will), maybe they will upgrade to a MAX. That would make it very tempting, given the onward connections to the US.
As the easyjets usually take return fuel for divert to abz should the weather be not great (which it usually is lol) can the q400 match the return fuel capability?

A320.b744
9th Apr 2017, 16:51
As the easyjets usually take return fuel for divert to abz should the weather be not great (which it usually is lol) can the q400 match the return fuel capability?

Icelandair have managed with their Q400 Aberdeen service, which is only about 50 miles shorter than their Belfast route. If they can manage ABZ then BHD on the Q400 will be fine. Plus, the Q400 has a lot more landing opportunities if they have to divert - the Icelandic flight crew would be familiar with a number of airports along the southern coast of Iceland that would be able to handle the Q400.

Refuellerman
9th Apr 2017, 17:18
Icelandair have managed with their Q400 Aberdeen service, which is only about 50 miles shorter than their Belfast route. If they can manage ABZ then BHD on the Q400 will be fine. Plus, the Q400 has a lot more landing opportunities if they have to divert - the Icelandic flight crew would be familiar with a number of airports along the southern coast of Iceland that would be able to handle the Q400.

Will be interesting anyhow if the weather takes a turn

Startledgrapefruit
9th Apr 2017, 17:33
Will be interesting anyhow if the weather takes a turn

Interesting how? like a good book ? Interesting like a documentary ? Interesting like Steve Davis ? Interesting like a normal flight that an airline is capable of flying ?
Or are we getting into its not operating out of Aldergrove so lets start sheep worrying ?

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 19:06
Interesting how? like a good book ? Interesting like a documentary ? Interesting like Steve Davis ? Interesting like a normal flight that an airline is capable of flying ?
Or are we getting into its not operating out of Aldergrove so lets start sheep worrying ?

Icelandair won't be operating anything from BHD as they are not the operator of the route, and as has been said the ABZ route is fine, it will operate as long as permitted by ATC. Let's be fair, I think someone might have considered the weather before the route was approved....

Husky One
9th Apr 2017, 20:25
The route will survive only if there is a market for a 'premium' year round service to KEF. It's not a viable connection to the US. It takes 2hrs 50 to get to KEF on a Q400 and a further 6 to New York compared to 1hr 45 on a bus to DUB followed by 6hr to New York. If it does work then fair play to them but I reckon the NI market is too price sensitive to sustain it.

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 21:00
Because of course BFS doesn't offer anything to NYC....

Refuellerman
9th Apr 2017, 21:02
Icelandair won't be operating anything from BHD as they are not the operator of the route, and as has been said the ABZ route is fine, it will operate as long as permitted by ATC. Let's be fair, I think someone might have considered the weather before the route was approved....
Like jet 2 did on their ace service?, veey well thought out

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 21:04
If they can make it to and from ABZ they can make it to and from BHD.

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 21:22
I've just been hit by a flying dummy....

A320.b744
9th Apr 2017, 21:30
The route will survive only if there is a market for a 'premium' year round service to KEF. It's not a viable connection to the US. It takes 2hrs 50 to get to KEF on a Q400 and a further 6 to New York compared to 1hr 45 on a bus to DUB followed by 6hr to New York. If it does work then fair play to them but I reckon the NI market is too price sensitive to sustain it.

1hr45 on a bus is all well and good for those living in Belfast, but what about those who live in the north of NI. It takes that long to get to Belfast, never mind Dublin.

Here's the time it takes for someone living in Belfast to get to Midtown Manhattan. (time to airport + total flight time + time to Midtown)

BFS-SWF; Norwegian: 0hr30+7hr45+1hr30=9hr45
BHD-JFK; Icelandair: 10hr20+0hr45=11hr05
BHD-JFK; British Airways: 10hr40+0hr45=11hr25
BHD-EWR; Aer Lingus/United: 11hr20+0hr35=11hr55
DUB-JFK: Aer Lingus: 1hr45+7hr30+0hr45=10hr00

So yes, for someone living in Belfast it is quicker to get to New York via Dublin instead of via BHD, though Norwegian is the quickest option despite the drive to BFS and from SWF.

But what about a route that isn't served by Dublin, such as Seattle. Here are the times required to get from Belfast to downtown Seattle. (time to airport + total flight time + time to downtown)

Belfast-Seattle
BHD-SEA; Icelandair: 12hr35+0hr30=13hr05
BHD-SEA; British Airways: 14hr15+0hr30=14hr45
DUB-SEA; British Airways: 1hr45+13hr10+0hr30=16hr25
DUB-SEA; KLM; 1hr45+13hr10+0hr30=16hr25
DUB-SEA; United: 1hr45+14hr30+0hr30=16hr45

Clearly Icelandair is the quickest way to get from Belfast to Seattle, followed by flights via Heathrow from Belfast. Belfast residents would save at least 3hr20 by using Icelander's service over using the fastest connections via Dublin.

So maybe Dublin is the most convenient for people living in the south of the province when flying to destinations directly served by the airport, but for all other North American routes, Icelandair is becoming a real contender.

Given that on every BA and KLM flight I've been on in the last year from Belfast, the likes of Seattle, Minneapolis, Portland have all been mentioned for connecting gates, I think that the demand is there for a convenient west-bound connection.

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 21:36
Thank a320-b744. Also there are faster connections via LHR from BHD at various points in the year.

EI-BUD
9th Apr 2017, 22:38
Keflavik to Aberdeen is 40 miles shorter than Keflavik to Belfast City. Incase amidst these debates anybody is interested. The distance is fine, I don't think the distance will be an issue for the Q400.

As regards Icelandair ( op by Air Iceland), they will aim hard at picking up passengers who will want to fly into the US and Canada. My prediction is that at least 75% of pax will be going that way, though I suspect as in the case of United it will predominantly be leisure passengers. I also suggest that Keflavik is a great connection point and using a Q400 well keep the costs down. Icelandair are good on promoting the transatlantic routes, and can be reasonably priced. All the best to them but plenty of challenges too, namely increased competition ex Dublin and Norwegian etc etc...

Husky One
9th Apr 2017, 22:53
According to Icelandair's website BHD-SEA doesn't connect outbound. Instead it requires 1x Flybe and 2x icelandair. It does connect inbound and costs £££. It's not even an option on many search engines. An MCO connection is feasible but even dearer than the VS from BFS.
Don't confuse me with giving a monkies about any of these airports. I travel a lot and the bottom line is £. Good luck to Icelandair. If they put a jet on it and it's cheap enough I might even try it myself someday.
I use Dublin, not because I love T2 or contributing to the Irish economy but because BFS failed to provide a useful alternative to the United service and BHD connections via LHR are much more expensive (and I don't like BA either)

mart901
9th Apr 2017, 22:59
Huskey One - the same BFS that lost one and gained two, one of Europe's leading low cost airlines......

Husky One
9th Apr 2017, 23:09
....that connect to nowhere and charge for bags, seat allocation, food, use slow narrowbodies and will leave you hanging if it's cancelled. I'll pass thanks.

A320.b744
9th Apr 2017, 23:19
According to Icelandair's website BHD-SEA doesn't connect outbound. Instead it requires 1x Flybe and 2x icelandair. It does connect inbound and costs £££. It's not even an option on many search engines.

Clearly you didn't search hard enough.

Icelandair 7911 (Q400) BHD-KEF 13:40-15:45
Icelandair 681 (B752) KEF-SEA 17:00-17:45
Total flight time 12hr05

Icelandair 680 (B752) SEA-KEF 16:30-06:45
Icelandair 7910 (Q400) KEF-BHD 07:45-11:15
Total flight time 11hr10

I managed to find this schedule on the airline's website and three search engines, costing £731 for 6th July - 12th July. The next cheapest fare was KLM on £838, followed by British Airways on £960.

Husky One
10th Apr 2017, 10:45
I used Iceair's website on several dates after 10th July and it did not offer the connection outbound... probably because 1hr 15 is deemed too short for interline. 3 other sites also failed to offer that connection (sensibly) including an industry one. I'm off out now. There's a few people around here should do the same :rolleyes:

EI-BUD
10th Apr 2017, 12:37
This prob should be on BHD thread - apologies.
If Icelandair does not provide a connection to TA destinations this route will be another BRU ...

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Apr 2017, 12:49
I used Iceair's website on several dates after 10th July and it did not offer the connection outbound... probably because 1hr 15 is deemed too short for interline. 3 other sites also failed to offer that connection (sensibly) including an industry one. I'm off out now. There's a few people around here should do the same

11 July an example...

Refuellerman
10th Apr 2017, 18:36
Size is not everything

Lol, when youre sailing down a runway without enough length im afraid size IS everything lol

West Brit
11th Apr 2017, 08:31
Marks and Sparks for airport filling station. Another feather in the cap for BFS. Basically fly drive inbound traffic can hit the road running from the airport. Fuel and decent food for the road, straight out onto traffic free roads!

A320.b744
11th Apr 2017, 14:59
83,658 people used BFS-LGW in February; 9,000 more than the second most popular domestic route EDI-LHR.

The rolling year passenger figure is 944,896 - looks like it'll surpass 1 million given this only includes 11 months of Ryanair operations.

GAZMO
11th Apr 2017, 15:44
Yes a good month in February, and hopefully March figures will be similar.......when caa publishes them:rolleyes:

GAZMO
13th Apr 2017, 11:31
Another Norweigan sale
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277186/norwegian-announces-134-one-way-transatlantic-flights-in-easter-sale

mart901
13th Apr 2017, 12:59
Another Norweigan sale
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277186/norwegian-announces-134-one-way-transatlantic-flights-in-easter-sale

Some dates I've looked at for a party of 3 it takes about £100 off the party price. Have to say full price fares have remained very competitive right the way through summer, they have inched downwards after an initial surge after the launch offers sold out so quickly.

BHD2BFS
16th Apr 2017, 19:50
With Routes Europe 2017 arriving to NI in a weeks time. Northern Ireland will have a key opportunity to really display itself for the first time to Airlines.... will we see any big route announcements or new airline arrivals after next weekend?
Most cities which host this conference walk away smiling

SecondDog
16th Apr 2017, 20:40
With Routes Europe 2017 arriving to NI in a weeks time. Northern Ireland will have a key opportunity to really display itself for the first time to Airlines.... will we see any big route announcements or new airline arrivals after next weekend?

Bfs certainly putting in the work to try and make progress. Unfortunately with the folks on the hill faffing everything up in terms of not making a strategy for the inevitable startup/marketing support/removal of APD,I think everything is a bit of a battle.

A320.b744
16th Apr 2017, 21:32

Here are the number of new routes announced from host cities within 12 months of hosting Routes Europe.

Marseille 2014: 7 new routes - 2 new airlines (Eurowings, Etihad Regional)
Aberdeen 2015: 3 new routes - 1 new airline (Icelandair)
Krakow 2016: 23 new routes (18 Ryanair) - no new airlines

I don't know how many of these routes commenced as a result of hosting Routes Europe.

Regarding new routes from Belfast, I'd say these are our best bets;

Belfast Intl;
Ryanair: 2-3 new routes
Norwegian: Copenhagen or Oslo or Stockholm
Wizz Air: Budapest

Belfast City;
Eurowings: Dusseldorf
Iberia Express: Madrid

Of course I'd be shocked if even half of these actually came into fruition, but given the UK expansion plans of various airlines, these seem to be the most likely.

Even if Belfast doesn't get any new routes, hosting the event will be great publicity for the city.

BHD2BFS
16th Apr 2017, 22:07
Skyscanner now works closely with Anna.aero with regards to most searched routes that currently are not being served. I would say any routes to be announced have already been negotiated.
The fact that no new route announcements has been leaked before next weekend is quite strange as word does get around quickly in this industry.

I do agree with the above list. Although I could see FR commencing a Madrid service.
With BHD figures expected to drop this summer with a large reduction in flights by BE and EI, a reduction in IOM seats and also the loss of SN
BHD will need to come out with results from this aviation meeting.

With regards to Eurowings I could see them equally going to BFS

It will be interesting to see what Virgin decide to do with the S18 schedule. Perhaps they will announce plans next week as they do usually have nexts years on sale before this season has finished

Perhaps Blue Air could make an appearance?

For those interested this is the list of attendees
http://www.routesonline.com/events/188/routes-europe-2017/attending-delegates/all/?list_order=#attendeeList

BFS BHD
17th Apr 2017, 00:00
Anyone heard if Jet2 will be starting any new routes for S18? I'm surpised BFS isn't on sale yet its normally one of the first airports to go on sale. Wonder if we will see a B738 based soon??

SecondDog
17th Apr 2017, 01:30
Anyone heard if Jet2 will be starting any new routes for S18? I'm surpised BFS isn't on sale yet its normally one of the first airports to go on sale. Wonder if we will see a B738 based soon??

They have been steadily increasing over the last few years. Surely 1 new airframe could make it to BFS? If they had an 800 they could do something a bit further out? Eastern Med maybe or shore up their Canary runs. Has the Watcher heard anything?

A320.b744
17th Apr 2017, 03:27

Honestly I think Jet2 have peaked their operations at BFS and don't seem to have plans to expand from the airport. Since 2003, Jet2 have operated 28 routes from Belfast - 14 of those operate in 2017. 18 destinations, including 4 being operated this year, have been axed at least once.

Here is roughly how Jet2 have added and axed routes at Belfast over the last 14 years;

2003: Leeds/Bradford
2004: Barcelona, Bournemouth, Prague
2005: Pisa
2006: Blackpool, Tenerife, Murcia (Bournemouth axed)
2007: Ibiza, Malaga, Milan, Toulouse, Palma, Chambery, Gran Canaria
2008: (Barcelona, Prague, Tenerife, Malaga, Milan axed)
2009: Dubrovnik, Jersey, Menorca, Newquay, Tenerife (Ibiza, Gran Canaria axed)
2010: Ibiza, Geneva (Chambery, Newquay axed)
2011: Alicante (Tenerife, Toulouse axed)
2012: Tenerife, Faro, Lanzarote
2013: Reus (Leeds/Bradford, Blackpool, Jersey axed)
2014: Malaga
2015: Prague, Gran Canaria, Zakynthos, Rome
2016: Fuerteventura (Prague, Pisa, Murcia, Geneva, Rome axed)
2017: Girona

I can see them adding maybe one or two new routes in 2018 - Heraklion, Paphos, Madeira come to mind - but probably at the expense of Dubrovnik and maybe Girona. Jet2 have a tendency to add new routes at the expense of some of their older routes (Pisa was axed despite a 19% growth over 2015). I would be shocked if they announced any genuine expansion - new aircraft and multiple new routes - given that they've pretty much abandoned what is now their smallest base in favour of Stansted and Birmingham.

They have been steadily increasing over the last few years.

In 2017 they will operate 14 routes, the same number that they operated back in 2007. Over the last 10 years, Jet2 haven't really expanded their Belfast operations, and have axed routes during 6 of those 10 years. The only true expansion over the last 10 years is the increase in frequencies on their Spanish routes, though this has come at the expense of their thinner routes. A B738 could come in handy to boost capacity, but given that Jet2 are using their B738s to expand Stansted and Birmingham, as well as replace B733s from other bases, it is more probable that Belfast would be landed with a fourth B733 to boost capacity instead.

BFS watcher
17th Apr 2017, 10:33
They have been steadily increasing over the last few years. Surely 1 new airframe could make it to BFS? If they had an 800 they could do something a bit further out? Eastern Med maybe or shore up their Canary runs. Has the Watcher heard anything?

Dog my sources telling me big Jet2 announcement before end of the month but what it is being kept close to the chest. Will do some more digging but airport being very secretive.

On another subject arrivals looking good with all the Routes advertising.

BFS BHD
20th Apr 2017, 20:34
Seen this link about Norwegian Long Haul flights from BFS but can't access the whole article, maybe someone can access... :)

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-belfast-hopes-for-norwegian-long-haul-boos-436308/

mart901
20th Apr 2017, 21:55
Seen this link about Norwegian Long Haul flights from BFS but can't access the whole article, maybe someone can access... :)

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-belfast-hopes-for-norwegian-long-haul-boos-436308/

It's a good article, nothing of any surprise - an overview of BFS and BHD and what they are targeting, namely Toronto from BFS and more European routes from BHD. Norwegian noted as targeting a different, point to point customer from United (more a bloody nose type customer who wants to arrive in one piece) and that sales were very good on the two routes.

El Bunto
21st Apr 2017, 15:11
Thanks to A320.b744 for a very informative post re: past Jet2 operations.

That is all.

BFS BHD
21st Apr 2017, 16:56
Saw this tweet from the MD at BFS....

Great having @routesonline starting tomorrow more than likely a deal or 2 to do over the few days and then an announcement @BelfastAirport

Guessing the announcement will be Jet2... :) Lets hope Jet2 finally bring a B737-800 for S18!

BFS watcher
23rd Apr 2017, 07:07
Saw this tweet from the MD at BFS....

Guessing the announcement will be Jet2... :) Lets hope Jet2 finally bring a B737-800 for S18!Big BFS press conference set for Wednesday

BFS BHD
23rd Apr 2017, 07:50
Thanks BFS watcher! Hope it's a good one with plenty of new routes! :)

A320.b744
23rd Apr 2017, 14:15
I think BFS staff are getting a little over excited at Routes Europe - lots of photos on twitter. Hopefully the representatives visiting the BFS stall are talking business and not just looking for another bag of Tayto. China Southern among the interested guests - would be pretty amazing if BFS achieved the impossible and got direct links to China.

VickersVicount
23rd Apr 2017, 19:34
more likely to be Carlisle than Chengdu

Refuellerman
24th Apr 2017, 01:59
Any flights we could gain that would beat up dublins hole would be greatly appreciated lol

AerRyan
24th Apr 2017, 07:24
That kinda sums up the attitude in this thread anyway! :)

ia350
24th Apr 2017, 07:43
Any flights we could gain that would beat up dublins hole would be greatly appreciated lol

Haha sums your thread up perfectly .

A320.b744
24th Apr 2017, 08:42
6 new international routes to be announced on Wednesday

AerRyan
24th Apr 2017, 08:44
Any idea what and by who? Exciting for the airport if true.

A320.b744
24th Apr 2017, 08:48
No idea - it was a retweet by Routes. Apparently a deal was struck during the weekend. I'm guessing there's more than one airline, given that Wednesday's press conference was called several days before Routes started.

If I had to make a guess, Norwegian (OSL/CPH/ARN) and Eurowings (DUS/MUC/VIE) could be contenders.

Keddie's also upgraded his forecast from 5.4m passengers this year to 5.6m.

All names taken
24th Apr 2017, 09:28

:rolleyes: Just showed this to my better half who is a Co.Derry girl now living with me in England.
She said 'Why do you think I couldn't get out of the place fast enough?'

Think on folks - the image you portray to the outside world is toxic.

mart901
24th Apr 2017, 09:36
:rolleyes: Just showed this to my better half who is a Co.Derry girl now living with me in England.
She said 'Why do you think I couldn't get out of the place fast enough?'

Think on folks - the image you portray to the outside world is toxic.

That wasn't the most tastefully worded statement, agreed. That doesn't evade the fact DUB is spending millions trying to attract business from BFS/BHD.... just looking at this mornings papers the adverts continue, in one road yesterday I saw 4 billboards in a row advertising how great DUB is, in fact the week Norwegian was announced DUB's marketing strategy moved from Europe to US.

DC9_10
24th Apr 2017, 09:40
WOW, 6 new routes. I wonder to where :)

West Brit
24th Apr 2017, 09:43
6 New routes, lets see. Jet2 dropping 3 and starting another 3 duplicate routes. EZY dropping 1 starting another. FR starting 2 new sun routes (1 per week)!!
Oh and at BHD 3 new routes already served at BFS which will last 1 year!!

mart901
24th Apr 2017, 09:47
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/belfast-international-to-gain-eight-new-routes-436455/?sfid=701w0000000uP3H&cmpid=SOC|Twitter|Flightglobal|sf72763497&CMPID=sf72763497

DC9_10
24th Apr 2017, 09:48
Very good West Brit.