PDA

View Full Version : BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SecondDog
10th Mar 2015, 09:39
Just had a look at their twitter page knowing that they would have pictures of the diverted AC on there.

Diversions seem to be the only thing BFS has to report these days

Why wouldn't they? When the wind blows wrong at DUB or the fog descends on BHD they are there to lend a runway. Surely they have to advertise their strengths in the face of the unfair competition they are confined in when trying to generate business of their own.

AIRPORT66
10th Mar 2015, 10:08
Totally agree with what you say second dog,sure bhd does the same thing with there twitter page comments and photos its what its all about.

mart901
10th Mar 2015, 10:40
How is BFS confined in unfair competition? They are the biggest and busiest airport in NI and have the capability to offer routes to just about anywhere. The unfair thing is APD, in my opinion and that is affecting every airport in NI, not just BFS. Removing APD would put our airports on a level playing field with DUB.

sealink
10th Mar 2015, 10:53
Although i think the re opening of the viewing gallery is good, you would really need to pick your times to visit as there are a lot of quiet times at bfs. Also parking is quite expensive. You could plan a visit at a time were there are actually very few arrivals or departures.

mart901
10th Mar 2015, 11:19
I quite agree, I dropped my wife off on a Wednesday recently and the airport seems to go through a siesta over the middle of the day. On Sunday it was awash with flights in the afternoon, although my son got very bored of easyJet! I think the long stay may be a bit cheaper.

madgav
10th Mar 2015, 11:20
Why wouldn't they? When the wind blows wrong at DUB or the fog descends on BHD they are there to lend a runway. Surely they have to advertise their strengths in the face of the unfair competition they are confined in when trying to generate business of their own.

:ok:

How is BFS confined in unfair competition? They are the biggest and busiest airport in NI and have the capability to offer routes to just about anywhere. The unfair thing is APD, in my opinion and that is affecting every airport in NI, not just BFS. Removing APD would put our airports on a level playing field with DUB.

Did you not just answer your own question? :)

madgav
10th Mar 2015, 11:23
I quite agree, I dropped my wife off on a Wednesday recently and the airport seems to go through a siesta over the middle of the day. On Sunday it was awash with flights in the afternoon, although my son got very bored of easyJet! I think the long stay may be a bit cheaper.Very true, I looked at the live flight info on their website this morning and it was 90-95% EZY. Guess that'll change a bit as we head towards summer, but still.....

mart901
10th Mar 2015, 11:26
It's a good facility though! Roll on wizzair

owenc
10th Mar 2015, 11:37
United is back on Thursday. Thank god

BFS Dude
10th Mar 2015, 12:30
Is it true Turkish Airways are going to announce Belfast International Airport-Istanbul within the next few months?

El Bunto
10th Mar 2015, 13:41
Although i think the re opening of the viewing gallery is good, you would really need to pick your times to visit as there are a lot of quiet times at bfsGood point.

Now that the mornings are brightening there is a nice bank of movements from 05:30 to 06:15 with freighters inbound. A300, 767, 737s and Brasilia.

There are a couple of ATPs earlier than that but I don't think they're ever in sunlight.

Similarly in the evening from 19:30 to 20:45 or so, those all depart.

That's the most variety there is on a scheduled basis...

El Bunto
10th Mar 2015, 17:44
The mornings will darken again

And, incredibly, they will continue to lighten even after we mess with our clocks!

ISN'T PHYSICS AMAZING?

BHD2BFS
10th Mar 2015, 20:48
I see tomorrow that between 10:05 and 15:10 the airport only has one arrival
And between 10:35 and 14:35 only one departure. How can an airport of this size cope with such big down times, I mean it must be hard for the retailer and restaurants to not lose money
In comparison belfast city has 12 departures during the same time

Not having a dig at the airport but I think it's quite shocking figures,

SecondDog
10th Mar 2015, 20:59

Well that is only part of it. BHD has the upper hand in that its Chief Exec is the chairperson of Tourism Ireland (who awarded KLM big dough to go to city) How this is not a conflict of interests I am yet to be told. Also he is a buddy of the first minister. You say if APD was devolved it would let us compete with DUB but that won't happen while the City is thriving on such an unfair footing.

BFS Dude
11th Mar 2015, 01:02
I hear Jet2 may be adding Dalaman along with a few other routes for Summer 2016 and adding one or two B738 to the based aircraft at BFS!

Also hear easyJet could be announcing Copenhagen & also Tenerife or Lanzarote or both for Winter 2015/16!

Not sure if they are 100% happening. Should know by end of month or start of April when the flights go on sale... :)

Also heard a new airline could be announcing soon for Spring/Summer 2016.

GAZMO
11th Mar 2015, 05:41
The long awaited Turkish arrival!!!.....or Canadian
Great if Jet2 do a few more routes, preferably key European cities

mart901
11th Mar 2015, 10:15
you never know wizzair may expand into a few more key eastern european cities.

mart901
11th Mar 2015, 17:43
Talking of wizzair, Katowice is now on sale for winter, scheduled Tue/Sat, 5 mins earlier than currently.

BFS BHD
11th Mar 2015, 18:59
Yep i posted times etc on post #3499 on this thread :)

mart901
11th Mar 2015, 19:41
My apologies BFS BHD I didn't notice. Its good news though!

BFS BHD
11th Mar 2015, 21:57
No problem. :)

GAZMO
15th Mar 2015, 19:35
Anybody know about EZY arrival tomorrow

EZY6742 TREVET 15:15 15:15 15:15

EI-BUD
15th Mar 2015, 19:40
Gazmo; this is Geneva flight number... Clearly a mistake as Trevet is an airfield in Co. Meath!

BFS BHD
16th Mar 2015, 15:04
Is the airport finally getting wifi?? I see on twitter that a company called 'WiFi SPARK Ltd' is under going testing at BFS for wifi.

@wifispark; Arriving or departing from @BelfastAirport soon? Look out for the new WiFi. It's currently undergoing testing. :)

El Bunto
16th Mar 2015, 15:43
I've heard of Wifi Spark, they provide the municipal wifi for Bangor and Newcastle.

Hopefully it'll work better in the confines of the airport!

ILS25
16th Mar 2015, 16:09
That's good news on the free wifi if true.

eastern wiseguy
16th Mar 2015, 22:06
Free? Really? I doubt very much that it will be free. I would love to be proved wrong but it sounds like another income stream for the owners.

AerRyan
16th Mar 2015, 22:33
Most of the ROI airports have it free! Shouldn't BFS get it too?

True Blue
16th Mar 2015, 23:21
Was up at Bfs last Friday evening collecting some friends. Was nice to see the viewing gallery open again with the radar display. I think they have it set that only flights to/from Belfast are showing, makes it a bit empty looking. Pity flight numbers are not displayed.

I think it would be a shame if Bfs decide to install new pay to use wifi. I am afraid the world now expects, quite rightly, that the likes of wifi is free to use and some of the better airports adopt this policy. Hope Bfs does not go down the charging route.

TB

SecondDog
16th Mar 2015, 23:32
WiFi will be free and there should be several zones within the terminal.

El Bunto
17th Mar 2015, 14:12
Was nice to see the viewing gallery open again with the radar display. I think they have it set that only flights to/from Belfast are showing, makes it a bit empty looking

Oh that's a shame. Will be fine for the Orange stuff but the FR24 'smart route engine' often doesn't have a clue about the routes for less frequent flights.

In fact there are some cargo flights that have been running for years that FR24 still lists with a destination of '???'

cuthere
17th Mar 2015, 18:56
Is free wifi really worthy of this excitement? LDY has had free wifi for years, despite having very few flights. Also, 3G and 4G are, in my experience, better than most wifi offerings.

Another drop in pax numbers at BFS for Feb (compared to last year). I assume this trend will be bucked with the arrival of Wizz etc. They'll have to get some new cardboard signs made to hang up at the departure gates.

GAZMO
17th Mar 2015, 19:02
Small drop in numbers due to no EWR and no BCN until mid February
Also MLA and KRK were two flights less in February
With the arrival of Wizz and Jet2 new routes numbers should be on the up for the rest of the year

cuthere
17th Mar 2015, 19:19
GAZMO, do you get a call from PPRuNe HQ every time someone posts on a thread involving a Northern Irish airport?!

Yes. As I said, I assume numbers will rebound with the new routes starting. Hopefully the new arrivals will also give impetus to improving the terminal infrastructure. Its currently a bit dark and worn. I say a bit.....but hey, as long as the viewing gallery's back. I'm sure there must be an EZY tail number that someone needs!

BHD increased by 9%, I assume driven by LCY. If BFS can replicate that kind of increase with the new routes, it'll be a good year for them.

AerRyan
17th Mar 2015, 19:21
Id say he/she gets an email, like alot of us ?

mart901
17th Mar 2015, 19:34
Cuthere

I'm sure summer will bring better times, wizz and jet2 tend to drive volume.

The growth at BHD was yes LCY, 8589 pax, LPL 4887 (27 days of operation) and a lot of growth on flybe's existing routes, to mention a few;

ABZ 37%
BHX 4%
EMA 19%
EXT 36%
GLA 33%
INV 34%
MAN 12%

NCL only major looser, LHR up 4%

BHD2BFS
18th Mar 2015, 14:06
Sounds like a bit of a desperate tweet today from BFS to BA

AIRPORT66
18th Mar 2015, 14:51
How is it desperate,they have the runway capable to except aircraft in all weather conditions why shouldn't they advertise it if its upsets you don't look at it simple.

AerRyan
18th Mar 2015, 14:55
They did the same when Aer Lingus flights diverted there. Its quite funny! Its kind of sending a message like "PLEASE FLY HERE".

ILS25
18th Mar 2015, 16:13
I don't think it upsets anyone.

I do however think it's petty.

cuthere
18th Mar 2015, 17:28
Id say he/she gets an email, like alot of us ?

Yeah. I get them too. Quite annoying really, and certainly doesn't make me rush online to see who's asking what the latest rumours are.

Mart, yes, I'm sure growth will return. Let's hope these new routes don't go the same way as previous attempts at Rome, Munich etc etc, though thankfully the economy is faring slightly better.

True Blue
18th Mar 2015, 19:42
You can always opt out of those annoying emails about Bfs and concentrate all your energy on Ldy. Sure plenty of traffic up there to watch, no cardboard signs to look at and you can play with that amazing free wifi.

El Bunto
18th Mar 2015, 20:31
How is it desperate,they have the runway capable to except aircraft in all weather conditions why shouldn't they advertise it if its upsets you don't look at it simple.

They didn't seem quite so cocky this morning when freighters couldn't land because of fog at the All-Weather International.

Aldergrove was a poor choice of site when moving from Nutts Corner; the microclimate is pretty much identical. Sadly we just have to deal with it now.

SecondDog
18th Mar 2015, 21:04
Freighters turned back due Aircraft/Aircrew capability. Runway was available all morning.

El Bunto
18th Mar 2015, 21:30
Freighters turned back due Aircraft/Aircrew capability. Runway was available all morning.
( Re-edited a bit for brevity )

Well yes, that's sort of the point.

You can't crow about accepting City's fog diversions when Cat IIIA traffic heading to your airport has to divert. 'Hypocrisy' is the word that comes to mind.

Imagine if Easy were still operating 737s rather than IIIB A3xx... would Derry airport be crowing about accepting all those diversions? I think not.

mart901
18th Mar 2015, 22:07
Can we drop talking about diversion tweets and WiFi . :bored:

SecondDog
18th Mar 2015, 22:27
( Re-edited a bit for brevity )

Well yes, that's sort of the point.

You can't crow about accepting City's fog diversions when Cat IIIA traffic heading to your airport has to divert. 'Hypocrisy' is the word that comes to mind.

Imagine if Easy were still operating 737s rather than IIIB A3xx... would Derry airport be crowing about accepting all those diversions? I think not.

Not really the point though is it, we have a IIIB capable airfield that can accept traffic when it can't land in the city, so we are celebrating our plus points when there is so much negativity (not least of which is on here) to combat regarding the perception of the airport. Why wouldn't we Tweet about it?

And as it happens, I think LDY would quite happily tweet about handling any diversions. Like, for example, the FedEx this morning which couldn't land at BFS.

True Blue
18th Mar 2015, 23:28
Has Jewel in the Crown holidays changes their Bfs programme? In terms of operating dates.

TB

GAZMO
19th Mar 2015, 10:41
Interesting PR announcement

Belfast ticks all the boxes (Dublin doesn?t) - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/4/440/belfast-ticks-all-the-boxes-dublin-doesn’t.html)

Still don't think there are 70 destinations!!

cuthere
19th Mar 2015, 11:04
Can I opt out of hearing from you True? I mentioned LDY's wifi in an effort to perspectivise the banality of the discussion. If a completely effed airport with a handful of flights a day can have free wifi, then is it really worth mentioning that Northern Ireland's "international" airport has it?

Anyway. Nice to hear from you, and it's good to see you've moved on from lambasting BHD and all and any airlines that choose to fly from there. Toodles.

sealink
19th Mar 2015, 11:37
I am travelling to Milan once a month to see family and use FR from DUB to BGY. I could also use EI to LIN or MXP. I would love to use BFS as i live 20 mins away but as there are no flights then i head to DUB. Its fine, no hassle. So if BFS want people to use BFS then offer the flights!!!! I would love to use it ....

AIRPORT66
19th Mar 2015, 12:45
A few years ago Bfs did offer Milan,but it was pulled due to poor loads now Bgy is just served as a charter route Jet2 operate it sometimes,take it Verona is long way off never been there.

mart901
19th Mar 2015, 12:48
Indeed sealink you raise a good point. I'm totally for flying from my local airport and nearly always do but its restrictive and can be expensive for anything other than domestic. I think maybe the answer is if easyJet and Aer Lingus won't expand then to attract foreign airlines in, wizzair, vueling type thing.

madgav
19th Mar 2015, 13:56
I am travelling to Milan once a month to see family and use FR from DUB to BGY. I could also use EI to LIN or MXP. I would love to use BFS as i live 20 mins away but as there are no flights then i head to DUB. Its fine, no hassle. So if BFS want people to use BFS then offer the flights!!!! I would love to use it ....

Couldn't disagree more :) Been there done that, can't be bothered with the 2 hour drive to (and especially from) the airport. You can get pretty much anywhere from BFS/BHD with just one stop. And the number of direct routes is expanding.... slowly ;)
Good to see a bit of fightin' talk from BFS, fed up with DUB's relentless efforts to grab passengers from NI :ok:

owenc
19th Mar 2015, 14:40
I booked Dublin again but only because of a day flight, however, we are staying overnight because last year was too much travelling.

GAZMO
19th Mar 2015, 17:35
New way of highlighting flights to KEF by easyjet from BFS website. What next?

EZY6747ICELAND - KEFLAVIK

BFS BHD
19th Mar 2015, 22:33
Seems like BH Air has put a extra weekly flight to Burgas in Bulgaria departing on a Sunday:

Sunday:
BGH5561 BOJ-BFS - 06:30-08:20
BGH5562 BFS-BOJ - 09:20-15:00

Monday:
BGH5561 BOJ-BFS - 08:30-10:20
BGH5562 BFS-BOJ - 11:20-17:00

:ok:

BFS BHD
20th Mar 2015, 13:48
The extra BH Air flights to Burgas will run from 21st June 2015 to 2nd August 2015 on Sundays.

Balkan Holidays adds extra weekly flight - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/1/442/balkan-holidays-adds-extra-weekly-flight.html)

mart901
20th Mar 2015, 14:37
Is it only BH that do Bulgaria or does TCX or TOM fly there?

BFS BHD
20th Mar 2015, 14:45
Thomson Airways also flys to Burgas on a Monday the same as BH Air. BH Air departs in morning time and Thomson Airways departs in the evening time.

BFS101
21st Mar 2015, 00:04
I wonder is this increased demand for Balkan Holidays is due to the demise of Balkan Tours, the Belfast based tour operator. If I remember correctly, Balkan Tours cancelled their Bulgaria ski program last year, which Travel Solutions then picked up flights and packages to Plovdiv. Balkan Tours stated they would continue with their summer flights, however this seems not to have materialised, I guess to the benefit of Balkan Holidays and Thomson.

Has it been confirmed that Thomson will base a 757 season long at BFS, replacing the Sunwing 738?? Seems other tour operators have bought allocations on the Thomson flights; Olympic now using TOM to Corfu, Red Sea Holidays to Sharm, and think that rather than TCX operating the Thomas Cook Holidays to Ibiza and Menorca, these are now on TOM.

mart901
21st Mar 2015, 08:20
TCX still fly to IBZ, but MAH is operated by TOM for TCX holidays. TOM sell flights on other airlines too, they use EZY at BFS for instance.

BFS BHD
26th Mar 2015, 13:08
EasyJet now as flights up to 28th February 2016 and seems like the A320 is staying for the winter.

Malta and Barcelona not on sale.

Early Morning arrival from Stansted on Mondays at 07:35.

Think Liverpool and Gatwick may have a few extra flights a week.

GAZMO
26th Mar 2015, 20:19
LPL appears to have extra Monday flight
AMS is daily throughout winter period
KRK is three weekly only two weekly this year NOV to mid Feb
Hopefully still time for BCN a and MLA to appear. I think BCN was quite late being uploaded last year
LTN again appears to be now four daily on peak days
BHX a extra flight on Wednesday
GVA only on Sat and Sun

OltonPete
26th Mar 2015, 20:56
GAZMO

BHX is an extra three flights a week.

A third Sunday service.

A second Monday morning making three in total and a second Wednesday evening making three in total compared to now.

This is not that much of a surprise as Sunday in and out are often full, Monday morning inbound BFS-BHX is usually sold out days in advance and sometimes weeks ahead and Wednesday night outbound BHX again is sold out usually.

The only thing I am sure easyjet had to consider, will the second Monday morning BHX-BFS be difficult to fill and will it drain the profit made on BFS-BHX sector.

Two Wednesday inbound flights in the evening is also quite a lot seats but easy do get some good fares throughout winter on the BHX-BFS leg at night.

Pete

GAZMO
26th Mar 2015, 21:14
Thanks OP

Looks like good for the business pax on Mondays, six flights to the London area before 9am

LAX_LHR
26th Mar 2015, 21:38
MAN also gets an extra flight to make 4 daily on Fridays.

eye2eye5
26th Mar 2015, 21:46
An additional weekly rotation to Liverpool as well, making it 40 per week.

mart901
26th Mar 2015, 23:56
From memory it was only ever BA/maersk who made it to over 3 flights on BHX for any sustained period of time, and that was on smaller a/c. MYTlite and WW seemed to often be just double daily. BE have had a good run on BHX and MAN for last few months, and a good start on LPL, will it all end in tears??

Gazmo - that's really great to have so many early departures. EZY need to in order to compete.

AIRPORT66
27th Mar 2015, 07:29
Barcelona and Malta were late in being loading on the system last year, would say you will know in next week or two if they are doing them between November and March of next year,think also ALC seems to be not operating November but there seems to be increase in Malaga and Faro flights also.

GAZMO
27th Mar 2015, 08:53
Airport 66
ALC is twice weekly in November (three weekly during first two weeks in Nov)

BFS101
27th Mar 2015, 12:01
GVA only on Sat and Sun
From 4th February, GVA appears to operate daily except Tuesday / Wednesday.

BFS Dude
28th Mar 2015, 17:16
Has any airlines applied for the Air Connectivity Fund from BFS or only from BHD and LDY?

ILS25
28th Mar 2015, 17:22
Going by the recent radio interview with the airports MD Graham Keddie, I believe they have. Not sure of what though.

BHD2BFS
28th Mar 2015, 18:12
Belfast - Durham - linksair
Belfast - Carlisle - stobart air

BFS Dude
28th Mar 2015, 18:51
Are they not Belfast City Airport routes? Links Air flies into BHD and Stobart Air are EIR aircraft so surly that route will also be BHD?

BHD2BFS
28th Mar 2015, 20:03
More than likely it will be BHD
Could they do connections through BHD?
CAX-BHD-LHR/LGW?

El Bunto
29th Mar 2015, 06:50
Interesting report from the Commons Select Committee dated 13th March. Highlighting in particular the APD issue for NI, sharing a border.

Quote from BIA:

In confidential talks we have had with a number of prospective carriers, they have indicated that APD is preventing them from making favourable decisions which, when added up, would amount to an additional 3 million passengers

House of Commons - 9th Report - Smaller airports - Transport (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmselect/cmtran/713/71305.htm)

Good to see the issue finally being discussed at the appropriate levels.

shoe shine
30th Mar 2015, 12:45
I believe Easyjet will be adding between 170k and 200k seats to the BFS market this winter. Very good news for users.

GAZMO
30th Mar 2015, 14:00
Nice to see increase in number of seats, pity no new routes!

BFS Dude
30th Mar 2015, 14:31
Wait and see GAZMO wait and see! :ok: :ok:

BFS BHD
30th Mar 2015, 15:03
Wizz Air service to Katowice starts tomorrow (31/03/15) any idea what loads are like for the flights?

Also Jet2s new routes to Rome FCO (02/04/15) and Prague (03/04/15) both start this week. Any idea what the loads are on them too?

GAZMO
30th Mar 2015, 16:22
Judging by WIZZAIR website prices on Katowice very keen, much better on Vilinus

BFS Dude
30th Mar 2015, 22:41
Reading BFS MD twitter and seen this not sure if his talking about the start of Wizz Air or there is other good news coming tomorrow:

@grahamck63; Lots happening this week @BelfastAirport should be more good news tomorrow

GAZMO
31st Mar 2015, 11:25
Probably linked to the press release this morning regarding domestic expansion
Airport says easyJet London expansion ?historic milestone? - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/1/447/airport-says-easyjet-london-expansion--‘historic-milestone’.html) and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32133110

elle may clampit
31st Mar 2015, 12:37
Wizz launch and the Easyjet announcement today, Rome Thursday and Prague Friday, a week of good news for Aldergrove.

GAZMO
31st Mar 2015, 18:47
Going by the press announcement the outbound flight to Katowice tonight is fully booked, and a hint about further Wizz routes!!!

BFS BHD
3rd Apr 2015, 23:48
BFS is hinting that there will be a few route announcement to come over the coming weeks and months.
TCX and TOM due to release their summer 2016 flights last week in April and Jet2 is reporting they are releasing theirs in May.

True Blue
5th Apr 2015, 22:35
Tonight 2 flights running much later than being shown on the arrivals information, Ezy from Lgw and LS from Fco. Considering they are not that busy at this time of the night, you would think they could be a little bit better at keeping flight info a little bit more accurate. And then they wonder why pax lose the head at times!

TB

True Blue
5th Apr 2015, 22:58
Did an Ezy depart Bfs this evening and return about 15 mins later?

TB

strawberry Ribena
6th Apr 2015, 00:05
Yup a/c went tech. Already was delayed. Fun evening for both ends!

SecondDog
6th Apr 2015, 14:18
Tonight 2 flights running much later than being shown on the arrivals information, Ezy from Lgw and LS from Fco. Considering they are not that busy at this time of the night, you would think they could be a little bit better at keeping flight info a little bit more accurate. And then they wonder why pax lose the head at times!

TB

Who do you imagine 'They' are in this case?

True Blue
6th Apr 2015, 21:29
SecondDog, "they" are the people responsible for making sure that info available to the public is accurate. People who work at the airport on a very regular basis, I am sure and who should have a very good understanding of what is happening. Let us look at the first example.

The delayed Ezy to Lgw, 838 and due to operate the 839 back. Badly delayed. Showing the 839 on Bfs arrivals as due at 1.10am. On the Lgw departures, the 839 is showing as departing at 1.10am! On the Ezy site tracking, it is showing the 839 due Bfs about 2.30am. Is it not reasonable to expect the staff in Bfs to know that an aircraft that only left Bfs at 23.14 pm was not going to go to Lgw, do a turn round and be back in Bfs at 1.10am? The aircraft was on stand Lgw at about 00.24 am. At some point after midnight the Bfs arrivals changed to 1.55 am.

Second example, Jet2 from Fco, due 00.20am. Bfs arrivals showing due 23.55 pm. In fact, not that long before Bfs arrivals was showing the flight due in Bfs, the flight was still over France. Some time around midnight, the arrivals was changed to 00.25 am, it arrived about 00.40 am.

Here are 2 example of flight info out by about an hour, info provided by staff who are employees employed to carry out a professional job. Do they not see these errors? When the time for the Jet 2 flight was changed, it was still incorrect. Some of the info on display was so out that they didn't need an airline to tell them, common sense should have told them that the display needed changing.

To be fair, this happens at most airports on a regular basis. I just find it hard to understand that these types of errors are seldom noticed or corrected. I could understand why it might happen at a very busy airport, but at Bfs that time of night, less so. It does cause a lot of irritation for pax however. I have seen it happen to often.

TB

mart901
6th Apr 2015, 21:45
To be fair I've seen numerous times the flights information totally out of date on the website and at the airport, including a few weeks ago my flight from BFS to BHX showing on time and BHX website telling me it was running late, the irony being the aircraft was late in from GVA, not BHX, yet BHX had updated their arrivals before the aircraft had even touched down at BFS. Its particularly bad at weekends and evenings.

SecondDog
6th Apr 2015, 22:57
SecondDog, "they" are the people responsible for making sure that info available to the public is accurate. People who work at the airport on a very regular basis, I am sure and who should have a very good understanding of what is happening. Let us look at the first example.

The delayed Ezy to Lgw, 838 and due to operate the 839 back. Badly delayed. Showing the 839 on Bfs arrivals as due at 1.10am. On the Lgw departures, the 839 is showing as departing at 1.10am! On the Ezy site tracking, it is showing the 839 due Bfs about 2.30am. Is it not reasonable to expect the staff in Bfs to know that an aircraft that only left Bfs at 23.14 pm was not going to go to Lgw, do a turn round and be back in Bfs at 1.10am? The aircraft was on stand Lgw at about 00.24 am. At some point after midnight the Bfs arrivals changed to 1.55 am.

Second example, Jet2 from Fco, due 00.20am. Bfs arrivals showing due 23.55 pm. In fact, not that long before Bfs arrivals was showing the flight due in Bfs, the flight was still over France. Some time around midnight, the arrivals was changed to 00.25 am, it arrived about 00.40 am.

Here are 2 example of flight info out by about an hour, info provided by staff who are employees employed to carry out a professional job. Do they not see these errors? When the time for the Jet 2 flight was changed, it was still incorrect. Some of the info on display was so out that they didn't need an airline to tell them, common sense should have told them that the display needed changing.

To be fair, this happens at most airports on a regular basis. I just find it hard to understand that these types of errors are seldom noticed or corrected. I could understand why it might happen at a very busy airport, but at Bfs that time of night, less so. It does cause a lot of irritation for pax however. I have seen it happen to often.

TB

Yes I quite understand that it is frustrating but this none of the examples above are handled by airport employed staff. Imagine how frustrating it is to chase those responsible around all day/night to make updates. Yet again the blame laid at the airport's feet for something that is the result of bean counting elsewhere.

SecondDog
6th Apr 2015, 22:59
To be fair I've seen numerous times the flights information totally out of date on the website and at the airport, including a few weeks ago my flight from BFS to BHX showing on time and BHX website telling me it was running late, the irony being the aircraft was late in from GVA, not BHX, yet BHX had updated their arrivals before the aircraft had even touched down at BFS. Its particularly bad at weekends and evenings.

Mart the website just gets the data from the same system as the display screens. Same problem.

True Blue
6th Apr 2015, 23:07
SecondDog, I don't think I inferred those responsible were airport employees. In fact, i'm pretty sure they are not. What the airport could do, is lay down the law.

Problem is in the UK, few seem prepared to state the standards expected and then insist they are maintained. One of the reasons why service in many sectors of UK economy is mediocre, but that is a different argument.

TB

AerRyan
7th Apr 2015, 00:24
If airports for some reason are unable to get the info from Airlines, take a look at flightradar at least! If a flight from Germany is over the Netherlands, its not going to be arriving in 10minutes.

SWBKCB
7th Apr 2015, 05:47
and get a nice bit of seaweed for more accurate weather forecasts :ugh:

El Bunto
7th Apr 2015, 06:46
To be fair, this happens at most airports on a regular basis. I just find it hard to understand that these types of errors are seldom noticed or corrected.When I complained to Belfast International back in January that the departures page on their website was 'stuck' ( same data repeated for two or three days ) I was told that the person who updates the flight information was off.

So for some reason some Joe has to sit and type-in data ( or at least press a 'publish' button ), hence I assume the drop in accuracy in evenings and weekends.

I agree entirely with you; for many passengers and those collecting them from airports, the flight information boards are the only source of data since airport and airline staff are uncommunicative or know less than FR24. But that dependency is not reflected through the provision of accurate information.

BFS BHD
10th Apr 2015, 18:36
I see the Permanent EasyJet A320 arrives next week around the 14th, any idea what route the swap from A319 to A320 will happen on?

How are the loads on Katowice route for Wizz Air? And how are Jet2s new routes doing?? :ok:

BFS Dude
11th Apr 2015, 13:18
Fuertevetura has appeared as select-able on Jet2holidays App but with no dates. Could this be a new route for W15/16 or Summer 2016? :)

I know its not the best place to look at as they have also Madeira, Jersey, Toulouse & New York with no dates etc :)

AIRPORT66
11th Apr 2015, 14:23
I would say you could be right we will know very shortly,the new routes are all doing really well very encouraging loads so far.

owenc
11th Apr 2015, 15:29
Jet2 don't fly to New York :bored:

rutankrd
11th Apr 2015, 15:44
Jet2 don't fly to New York

Actually they have been operating short pre Christmas flights into New York from a small number of provincial airports for a number of years now !

GAZMO
11th Apr 2015, 15:47
I think Owen was referring to BFS rather than other gB bases
Glad to hear that new routes to FCO and PRG are doing well

GAZMO
13th Apr 2015, 13:39
Any ideas about today's arrival

NJE2UR PERUGIA 17:25 17:25 17:25

BFS BHD
13th Apr 2015, 14:35
CS-DFK F2TH

Una Due Tfc
13th Apr 2015, 18:17
Any ideas about today's arrival

NJE2UR PERUGIA 17:25 17:25 17:25

Callsign: Fraction 2UR, private company that charter business jets

El Bunto
14th Apr 2015, 08:29
Rather more widely known as NetJets. Another of Warren Buffett's money-makers.

Technically one doesn't 'charter' the aircraft, you own a fraction of it ( hence the callsign ) and book availability through the year.

Straightahead
14th Apr 2015, 21:30
Easyjet A320 positions tomorrow morning and operates BFS-LGW-BFS-FAO-BFS-ALC-BFS.160 paxs on inbound WIZZ tonight from KTW

GAZMO
15th Apr 2015, 08:14
Good numbers on the Wizz flight

BFS BHD
15th Apr 2015, 15:40
Seems like all routes had a big decrease for March or theres a mistake with the stats.

Gatwick only route with a increase: 38,143 +12

All other domestic routes had a decrease, no STN or LTN stats as well yet.

All International routes had a decrease.

Passengers this month: 199733 -35.2
Passengers rolling year: 3,903,465 -2.8

Got to be a mistake.... :confused:

GAZMO
15th Apr 2015, 15:46
Probably a week or more stats yet to be loaded. I noticed Katowice not even included and there was a return flight in late March. KEF only showing 52% LF and previous month 85%!!!
Next day or so will probably see a change

True Blue
15th Apr 2015, 20:39
Looking at the March CAA stats, EI do not seem to be having a great time vs Ezy to Lgw, assuming there is no change to the figures. Seems poor for 3 A319's a day.

TB

BFS101
15th Apr 2015, 21:21
Looking at the caa statistics, seems a little coincidental that many of the decreases are in the minus 30's and 40's percentages. Whilst some routes may decline, seems odd many would reduce so uniformly.

If the results prove to be accurate, I see that BHD would have had more terminal passengers in March than Aldergrove. Has that actually ever occurred before for a single month??

mart901
15th Apr 2015, 21:37
It might have something to do with how Easter fell this year but BHD would surely be similarly affected. Don't quite understand it, wondering if not all pax have been declared.

BFS Dude
17th Apr 2015, 10:19
Any new routes for TOM in S16?

El Bunto
17th Apr 2015, 19:35
I see BIA continue to play the game of 'what the heck do we call that destination'

EZY6748 ICELAND - KEFLAVIK

Presumably to avoid confusion with Keflavik in, uh, ... France?

EI-BUD
17th Apr 2015, 21:54
Easyjet belfast Alicante this evening diverted to Paris cdg, g-ezfw. Anybody know why this happened.. Was a surprising choice of diversion point. Currently en-route cdg - alc..

BFS BHD
17th Apr 2015, 23:08
This is on Easyjets website:

Our aircraft has diverted to Paris Charles De Gaulle due to a passenger welfare issue. We will assist this passenger in Paris and then refuel our aircraft and then continue onto Alicante. We apologise for the delay.

BFS Dude
19th Apr 2015, 13:48
I see VLM Airlines to Southampton and Antwerp from October 2015 was put on wiki but deleted a short time after.

I know wiki isn't the best to look for info ect, but could VLM Airlines announce Southampton and Antwerp from Belfast? As they have been announcing a lot of new routes the past few weeks.

adfly
19th Apr 2015, 16:16
They may be looking at squeezing a SOU-Belfast-SOU in the gap where the aircraft currently sits at SOU after arriving from ANR so Belfast based passengers can connect to and from Antwerp. VLM do seem to be linking quite a few major ports (SOU, ANR, HAM, RTM) so it may not be to far fetched to see the likes of Belfast and possibly Liverpool added in to future. It is worth pointing out that the BFS wiki page has been edited in this manner before with various 'wishful thinking' airlines and routes so take the information with a large handful of salt.

GAZMO
19th Apr 2015, 16:54
A couple of LS flights to STN tomorrow at noon appearing on BFS Web site. Any ideas

stab3.5up
19th Apr 2015, 19:31
Would vlm really go up againest BE to SOU. I think VLM might have more sense but VLM could find other routes ex BFS.

BHD2BFS
19th Apr 2015, 21:15
Definitely a market for LBA and EMA from BFS.
Maybe Eastern airways?
If BE can manage 4 daily to both I'm sure double daily from BFS is possible

GAZMO
19th Apr 2015, 21:22
Agree
But who would you suggest, LS if they could a slightly smaller aircraft as they have bases at LBA and EMA

GAZMO
20th Apr 2015, 13:28
Interesting quote from routesonline re TCX

"Next year’s programme will see further growth at Manchester and more frequencies from Glasgow, London (both Gatwick and Stansted airports), Belfast and Cardiff."

Apart from FUE and a one off to Cuba anything else in the pipeline?

BFS BHD
20th Apr 2015, 13:40
Thomas Cook flights go on sale next Thursday.
Thomson Airways flights go on sale this Thursday.
No sign on Jet2 yet which i thought would be on sale by now...

FRatSTN
20th Apr 2015, 15:37
I thought Jet2 were usually slightly later, more around mid-May?

BFS BHD
20th Apr 2015, 15:54
Last year BFS flights where on sale from 9th April 2014 for Jet2. :)

david1994
20th Apr 2015, 21:47
A couple of LS flights to STN tomorrow at noon appearing on BFS Web site. Any ideas

It was for Disney On Ice stars saw them checking in at lunch time

El Bunto
21st Apr 2015, 06:01
It was for Disney On Ice stars saw them checking in at lunch time

I can't pass-up an opportunity to call Jet2 a Mickey Mouse airline.

And be able to justify it.

Dee747
21st Apr 2015, 12:10
Were they Donald Ducked too .... ? :ooh:

BFS watcher
21st Apr 2015, 17:21
It has all kicked of today in the High Court with BFS v Aer Lingus. Good quote on the BBC website that Aer Lingus were trying to have their cake and eat it.

EI-A330-300
21st Apr 2015, 18:15
Aer Lingus left a very large bag of green sour grapes behind. Will be interesting to see who comes out on top!

BFS BHD
21st Apr 2015, 18:18
Aer Lingus was doing crew training today on the A320, EI-EDS at BFS. Went from Dublin to Shannon for training then came up from Shannon to Belfast to do more training here. Now on finals at Dublin.

GAZMO
22nd Apr 2015, 10:19
TCX to Lisbon tomorrow??

TCX9138 LISBON 10:00

It's only Me
22nd Apr 2015, 14:41
The 9 part of the callsign indicates that it is a one off charter.

Me

BFS Dude
22nd Apr 2015, 18:41
Thanks to Hull City AFC for the info, here's what TOM has in their Brochure for Summer 2016:

Monday:
Ibiza & Bourgas

Tuesday:
Palma & Rhodes (New)

Wednesday:
Mahon & Sharm El Sheikh

Thursday:
Palma & Lanzarote

Friday:
Reus & Corfu

Saturday:
Palma & Dalaman

Sunday:
Tenerife & Malaga

OneBellEnd
22nd Apr 2015, 21:18
So basically same tried and tested programme with Gran Canaria dropped and replaced by Rhodes.

stab3.5up
23rd Apr 2015, 05:48
Only responding to the limited level of taste of the average Joe and his family in NI. And tried and tested destinations a tour operator knows work in a tough and limited market. It might seem limited but it works and makes them money sadly. The most exotic BFS gets is SSH

GAZMO
23rd Apr 2015, 16:14
anybody have the number of pax on the new Vilinus service yesterday

BFS BHD
23rd Apr 2015, 16:41
Another company as set up at Belfast International Airport!

Global Trek Aviation hopes to provide Transatlantic Fuel Stops, Military Aircraft (Possibly USA Military flights in future that currently operate into Prestwick) and Ferry Flights.

So that's two company's at BFS (JetAssist & Global Trek Aviation) now providing Tec Stops etc!

GAZMO
24th Apr 2015, 13:05
Eventually ......Free WiFi

Free wi-fi network wins praise from Forum Chairman - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/4/460/free-wi-fi-network-wins-praise-from-forum-chairman.html)

BFS BHD
24th Apr 2015, 14:52
Stats has been updated:

Passengers in March: 331,644 +7.5
Passengers rolling year: 4,035,376 +0.5

Domestic flights all had a increase only Manchester down 2%.

International flights not to bad. Katowice first flight had 266. Krakow up 7%.

GAZMO
24th Apr 2015, 15:03
Iceland Stats not bad either for last three months
Jan 82%LF
Feb 85% LF
Mar 86% LF

BFS BHD
24th Apr 2015, 15:06
Looks like Iceland is improving every month :)

BHD2BFS
24th Apr 2015, 15:19
Has Virgin Holidays released their S/S 16 program yet? Will we see them back year?

From what I remember last few years Thomas Cook has had monopoly on Orlando market and only flew 2 or 3 flights, yet this year when Virgin arrive they double their program. Let's hope this competition doesn't water the market and produce disappointing numbers for Virgin

BFS BHD
24th Apr 2015, 15:29
I think Virgin puts summer flights on sale around June or July?

NWSRG
24th Apr 2015, 22:39
Was speaking to VS Customer Services last night, and casually chatting to the operator about BFS flights. They commented that the BFS operation is a typical "toe in the water" and that it has sold very well. So I think we can expect it to continue...I'm not anticipating year round, but perhaps the season will stretch to something similar to Glasgow? And wouldn't be surprised if they try a few Las Vegas rotations.

stab3.5up
25th Apr 2015, 09:07
I would say las vegas is a cert all things considered in some form or fashion

GAZMO
26th Apr 2015, 16:26
Anybody about the flights betweem LBA and BFS tonight....repositioning?
LS032ELEEDS BRADFORD

OneBellEnd
26th Apr 2015, 18:25
Maybe Jet2 gearing up to re-launch LBA again now that they are growing strongly from BFS???

Think this is a distinct possibility but I'd heard EMA likely to launch as a BFS domestic for them before LBA. :\

BFS BHD
26th Apr 2015, 18:41
Its a aircraft swap... Will be G-GDFB or G-CELW being swapped by a LBA based aircraft.

Straightahead
27th Apr 2015, 10:43
Saturday evening flight from VNO 122 inbound and 147 outbound.Think we will hear more from Wizz sooner rather than later me thinks.

GAZMO
27th Apr 2015, 11:08
Not bad for first flights (75%LF). Would be nice to see Budapest and Warsaw on the departure board

BFS BHD
28th Apr 2015, 13:58
Alicante - 5 Weekly (Up from 4 Weekly)
Dubrovnik - 1 Weekly
Faro - 3 Weekly
Fuerteventura - 1 Weekly
Las Palmas - 1 Weekly
Ibiza - 3 Weekly (Up from 2 Weekly)
Lanzarote - 2 Weekly
Palma - 6 Weekly
Malaga - 2 Weekly (Down from 3 Weekly)
Menorca- 1 Weekly
Murcia - 2 Weekly (Down from 3 Weekly)
Pisa - 1 Weekly
Prague - 2 Weekly
Reus- 2 Weekly
Rome- 2 Weekly
Tenerife - 2 Weekly
Verona - N/A
Zante - 1 Weekly

GAZMO
28th Apr 2015, 14:32
Not much change!!!
Thought they might have speculated with a few new routes. especially key European cities. At least FCO is back

From viewing the flight schedules still a few blanks on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Mon AM ALC FAO PMI Mon PM MJV REU LPA
Tue AM PMI AGP TFS(10am depart) Tue PM IBZ ??
Wed FUE (10am depart) ZTH(9.45 depart) Wed PM ACE ??
Thur AM ALC PMI FCO Thur PM IBZ PRG REU
Fri AM ALC FAO PMI Fri PM MAH TFS MJV
Sat AM ALC PMI AGP Sat FAO ACE PSA
Sun AM ALC DVB PMI Sun PM IBZ PRG FCO

BFS BHD
28th Apr 2015, 14:41
New Route to Fuerteventura departing on Wednesdays at 10:00 from May 2016.

GAZMO
29th Apr 2015, 11:06
Summer 2016 released
Not much change......REU +1, IBZ -1

BFS Dude
29th Apr 2015, 14:53
I heard a 4th aircraft could be added with new routes and increased on other routes!

GAZMO
29th Apr 2015, 18:37
Maybe EMA and LBA??

True Blue
29th Apr 2015, 22:07
I see Antalya is back on the drop down menu for ThomasCook. Is it returning?

TB

BFS BHD
29th Apr 2015, 22:12
Never went of the drop down list unfortunately so likely won't return. :(

BFS Dude
1st May 2015, 13:33
4th Aircraft more less confirmed for 2016 for Jet2. ;)

In total, more than a quarter of a million Jet2.com seats will be available for Northern Ireland passengers this year with more than 70 services per week operating to the 18 destinations. And, there are suggestions that a fourth aircraft is already being tentatively lined up to operate from Belfast in summer 2016.
Opening the World?s Eyes to Belfast :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/248616/opening-the-worlds-eyes-to-belfast/?utm_source=content_and_community&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=the-hub)

GAZMO
1st May 2015, 13:39
More or less confirmed!!!!!
Speculation on routes?

GAZMO
4th May 2015, 18:37
Just looking at the jet2 flights for next summer 16 and appears that they are extending the season on some routes, Zante, Pisa, Ibiza
Looks like ZTH 5 extra flights PSA 3 extra and IBZ 4 extra

BFS Dude
5th May 2015, 14:15
Any idea if Turkish Airways is still coming next year to BFS? Haven't heard anything for a few months now!

El Bunto
5th May 2015, 17:10
Well Turkish went to double-daily into Dublin as of last month, which in conjunction with the deafening silence re: Belfast suggests to me that NI has been canned.

GAZMO
5th May 2015, 18:05
What if anything is left....Qatar?

ILS25
6th May 2015, 10:33
Aer Lingus 'did not break Belfast International Airport contract' - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32594843)

El Bunto
7th May 2015, 10:53
What if anything is left....Qatar?

Already called for Dublin :(

Apparently they're just working-out the logistics before formal launch.

GAZMO
7th May 2015, 14:26
What happened with Rome flight being cancelled today!!

BFS BHD
7th May 2015, 14:31
Major Fire in the Terminal 3 at Rome Fiumicino Airport last night:

Chaos at Rome Fiumicino airport after terminal fire - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32622652)

Tower Ranger
8th May 2015, 13:38
A bit off Jet2 leaving their Belfast passengers stranded in Rome for 3 days and not offering any compensation.

Stick Flying
11th May 2015, 06:52
Why should they offer compensation? It's not their fault a fire started in the terminal. It seems to me that this would be more likely a case for the travel insurers.

Una Due Tfc
11th May 2015, 08:31
Why should they offer compensation? It's not their fault a fire started in the terminal. It seems to me that this would be more likely a case for the travel insurers.

Completely agree. Insurance company can then seek reimbursement from whom ever is ultimately to blame for the fire (terminal operator, electrical contractor etc)

El Bunto
12th May 2015, 08:44
A bit off Jet2 leaving their Belfast passengers stranded in Rome for 3 days and not offering any compensation. They could have switched operations to Ciampiano and bussed passengers but since it wasn't an EU261 scenario ( hence no compensation due ) I suppose it was easier for them just to cancel the flights.

But did it work out cheaper? They were still liable for hotel and catering costs, plus eventually operating the flights anyway to catch-up.

Who knows how airline accounting works...

BFS BHD
12th May 2015, 14:26
What was the loads like on Jet2s first flight to Gran Canaria Airport?

Jamie2k9
12th May 2015, 14:41

No compensation however 3 days is a joke, 24 hours acceptable. Just adds to the growing list of problems which damage the brand of the company!

GAZMO
12th May 2015, 15:43
Anybody know anything about the two LS flights to Hamburg tomorrow morning?

Straightahead
13th May 2015, 10:21
Gazmo, they are 2 rescue flights for cruise line passengers that ended up in Belfast.Their ship got caught up in fishing gear somewhere in the Irish sea and diverted to Belfast port

BFS101
13th May 2015, 12:10
Route announcement just weeks away!!

Easyjet unveils new route and reveals £7m pre-tax profit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/easyjet-unveils-new-route-and-reveals-7m-pretax-profit-31216943.html)

GAZMO
13th May 2015, 12:45
Looks promising.
Now let's start to speculate!!!

GAZMO
14th May 2015, 12:10
When will our MLA's realise that APD is costing our Belfast airports jobs and loosing business in the Hospitality and Tourism area

The number of Northern Ireland residents using Dublin Airport increased by more than 50 per cent (52 per cent) to a record 864,000 last year. - Source NI Travel News

EGAC is Better
14th May 2015, 16:00
When will our MLA's realise that APD is costing our Belfast airports jobs and loosing business in the Hospitality and Tourism area

The number of Northern Ireland residents using Dublin Airport increased by more than 50 per cent (52 per cent) to a record 864,000 last year. - Source NI Travel News

Unfortunately if anything ever changes it'll be a case of closing the gates after the horse has already bolted. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the final destinations of these 864,000 journey's though.

AIRPORT66
14th May 2015, 16:01
Very worrying indeed,but strangely enough it just happens to raise it head a few days before the seat for sale enquiry at BHD starts next week.

BFS watcher
14th May 2015, 16:12
There has been a rumour floating around that DAA will buy BHD, I wonder if this stuff is all tied around this and driving the price of BHD down, then destroy BFS and hey presto market dominance for DAA

Una Due Tfc
14th May 2015, 16:28
The DAA are making good money in DUB, but they are ROI state owned company, would that kind of political hot potato be palatable on both sides of the border?

Also, with them owning/running ORK, there'd be all kinds of competition questions to be answered. SNN is still government owned too. That would leave BFS and NOC as the only reasonably well connected non ROI state owned airports on the island. Controversial no?

GAZMO
14th May 2015, 16:55
More bleak news for those hoping for a middle east connection from BFS

BBC News NI business reporter Julian O'Neill tweets: (https://twitter.com/julianoneill/status/598868830316793857) Northern Ireland wants a Middle East direct flight. The reality - Emirates is about to appoint a representative in Northern Ireland but to drum up business for its Dubai flight from Dublin.

EI-BUD
14th May 2015, 18:26
Completely plausible that DAA could purchase BHD if it was for sale. However, the same challenges apply to our great little local airport, including cap on seats, curfew, short runway etc. Has to be said despite these challenges the airport punches way above its weight and I find it an absolute pleasure to use.

DAA would bring valuable support to the table and given a competitor up the road at BFS, there is no chance that purchasing BHD would be a move to neutralise a competitor...

ILS25
14th May 2015, 19:54
DAA is state owned. It won't be buying any airport in NI.

EI-A330-300
14th May 2015, 20:02
Completely plausible that DAA could purchase BHD if it was for sale. However, the same challenges apply to our great little local airport, including cap on seats, curfew, short runway etc. Has to be said despite these challenges the airport punches way above its weight and I find it an absolute pleasure to use.

DAA would bring valuable support to the table and given a competitor up the road at BFS, there is no chance that purchasing BHD would be a move to neutralise a competitor...

Not sure they would want it, but runway/caps would need to be resolved before most operators would look at it if it was for sale.

NWSRG
14th May 2015, 21:53
DAA is state owned. It won't be buying any airport in NI.

The DAA are making good money in DUB, but they are ROI state owned company, would that kind of political hot potato be palatable on both sides of the border?

ESB is the state owned electricity company in the ROI...who now own NIE, their counterparts in Belfast...

Precedent set?

ILS25
14th May 2015, 22:07
It may look like it but I never meant it that way.

Una Due Tfc
14th May 2015, 22:23
10 years from now.....proposed rail link to DUB gets built, parallel runway is live and BHD is protected by having the same owner who can cut down costs by merging various admin and training costs, negotiate cheaper contracts due to it's size, get cheaper ground equipment (snow ploughs, fire engines etc.) due to ordering in greater numbers for 3 airports....highly unlikely but a frightening proposition for management at BFS I'm sure.

Still, as I said, highly unlikely in my opinion.

GAZMO
14th May 2015, 23:07
Maybe we should have one airport for NI.......but that's a different story and probably not likely to happen in my time

BFS watcher
15th May 2015, 09:44
Just like the NI state owned bus service delivering passengers direct to Dublin Airport. You cannot make this stuff up! I suppose the boys up on the Hill get their cheque from Westeminster every month so they dont care.

EI-BUD
15th May 2015, 18:29
Una Due tfc,
This is exactly what crossed my mind, being part of the DAA would bring synergies, also potential of a deal with Ryanair, though obvious challenges as before... Runway etc.

Could also help underpin Aer Lingus future at the airport.

Ei-bud

OneBellEnd
15th May 2015, 19:02
Would never happen IMO.

I mean can you imagine the DUP, after Five Long Years, standing back and watching a big Dublin fleg getting hoisted high and handsome right in the middle of Sydenham?? :hmm:

EI-BUD
15th May 2015, 22:38
A Dublin Fleg, what sort of nonsense is that comment.?

However. I could see the unionist parties getting highly animated about such a move!!!

Waldo1
16th May 2015, 00:53
2 up....ur name says it all.....:(

OneBellEnd
16th May 2015, 07:20
Hey W1, haven't you lived long enough to have heard of Sarcasm??? :cool:

shoe shine
16th May 2015, 07:34
The DUB interest in City is very real. There has been engagement for sometime and several high level visits. Willing buyer and a very willing seller, what other options have they with a debt of over £100m and no way of ever recovering it through the business. I think you'll find that's why management are being very reserved in saying anything that might be viewed as 'anti' such as speaking too loudly on the APD issue, etc.

larry the man
16th May 2015, 07:50
SS I couldn't see the DUP letting this happen even if Dublin were willing to buy it. But could they stop it?

Solar
16th May 2015, 09:12
If Dublin did attempt a City takeover which the Unionists would not be most pleased about our Martin could get them all to Derry during the "talks" phase, god knows they need some traffic.

EI-BUD
16th May 2015, 09:45
Interesting slant on things, I agree Unionist parties would not be pleased with and Southern Irish company owning a major piece of NI infrastructure. But equally they would have a major say in the future progress of the airport e.g. planning applications etc.

EI-BUD
16th May 2015, 09:51
In consideration of BHD's next foray of new routes into Europe, i.e Vueling to Barcelona and KLM to Amsterdam, should easyJet be considering some operations from BHD? Although only 2 routes, this represents a significant growth in their European operation that hitherto on a scheduled basis is about 32 services a week with EI, now will see an additional 10.

Yes we all know they tried BFS LTN and deemed it to offer no material improvements over BFS (though not convinced it was easy to measure that like for like with FR selling £1 BHD STN flights in mass).

However, easyJet could easily operate routes like Amsterdam, Paris and Geneva from their bases at those cities. They could do Barcelona on a w ex a UK airport, and all of this would negate the need to base an aircraft at the city airport and hence totally be unimpacted by the curfew etc. There is no doubt that City could offer them incredibly low terms in the hope of getting the business, and equally if they couldn't get the business, certainly it would put pressure at the door of BFS to reduce its charges.

EZY do appear to have struck some sort of long deal with BHD but I certainly do not see a good reason as to why easyJet could not operate from both airports as they do in many other cities.

Many will argue that KLM is after a different market i.e. connecting traffic, but given the level of capacity on LHR and overcapacity, I see that easyJet will have a market to defend on point to point....

EI-BUD

yeo valley
16th May 2015, 11:21
i dont know what curfew is at bhd. cant see easy doing much from bhd as the loads would be restricted also they like running the last flights of the day way past mid night.
at brs they average about 5 flights per night running past midnight till about 01.30 local time.
as was said only w patterns would work,providing they would not have to restrict pax loadings.

ILS25
16th May 2015, 12:10
Easy tried bhd and found no commercial advantage though that means nothing as times change and it was only the luton flights at the end of the day.

There are a couple of ezy flights at bfs that would go past the curfew time at bhd and quite often delayed flights too, but again that doesn't mean a lot.

As for the dub/bhd purchase would it not be more of an advantage if the daa bought bfs ? No restrictions, 24/7 operations, plenty of runway and capacity to expand. Don't shoot me down but is Dub almost at capacity? I don't know.

Looking to the future would it be viable to move all cargo operations to bfs get the railway sorted there and move freight around by rail and road. Would it free some capacity up at dub? I don't know how big the freight operation is at dublin but I'd guess it's pretty big. I know there would be huge costs involved and I'm probably talking rubbish, it's just a thought.

EI-BUD
16th May 2015, 12:33
The curfew is 2130 last movement. That's at least how the schedule should look.

If easyJet wanted to operate any route ex Europe to Bhd from one of those bases they could easily do it with 319, and indeed 320.

Without a base they would really not need to be concerned with curfew...

NWSRG
16th May 2015, 20:01
However. I could see the unionist parties getting highly animated about such a move!!!

SS I couldn't see the DUP letting this happen even if Dublin were willing to buy it. But could they stop it?

If Dublin did attempt a City takeover which the Unionists would not be most pleased about our Martin could get them all to Derry during the "talks" phase, god knows they need some traffic.

Interesting slant on things, I agree Unionist parties would not be pleased with and Southern Irish company owning a major piece of NI infrastructure. But equally they would have a major say in the future progress of the airport e.g. planning applications etc.

Folks, I've already pointed out that the precedent has been set. The Dublin government effectively own NIE, through the Irish state-owned electricity company, ESB, It goes further, in that SONI, the Transmission System Operator in NI, is owned by EirGrid, their (state owned) counterparts from Dublin.

Now this did raise some political interest, but if I remember correctly, Arlene Foster's main concern was that ESB would invest adequately in NIE for the future, and protect NIE jobs in NI...not about whether or not the Irish Government should own Northern Irish infrastructure...

This is an old argument, with no relevance to today...more pressing is the question of whether or not this would be good for BHD in the business sense. And that's a very different question...but if the market price is paid, it will happen.

BFS BHD
18th May 2015, 13:06
Passengers this Month: 340,930 +5.1
Passengers rolling year: 4,051,642 +0.5

New Routes stats:
Rome: 1,941
Prague: 1,702
Vilnius: 796 (Started 22nd April)
Katowice: 2,238

Other Stats:
Amsterdam: 8,694 +2
Alicante: 11,039 +18
Malaga: 11,033 +8
Palma: 8,909 +46
Las Palmas: 1,498
Keflavik: 2,006
Geneva: 1,975 +4
Dalaman: 1,325 +30
Krakow: 3,545 -8
Newark: 4,692 -17

Luton: 22,105 +0.5
Stansted: 25,165 -2
Gatwick: N/A

Birmingham: 16,575 -1
Bristol: 20,682 +7
Edinburgh: 20,752 +8
Glasgow: 22,836 +10
Liverpool: 34,359 -2
Manchester: 18,965 +5
Newcastle: 17,314 +4

BFS watcher
18th May 2015, 15:44
Listened to the Nolan show and Mr Ambrose did not come across to well. Tough gig with everyone against you but difficult to say there will be no more flights on the one hand but you want to lift the seats for sale limit so you can go to 48000 flights a year not great messaging. The good folk in East Belfast will be really happy when BHD is sold to the devil that is the Irish Republic.....how is the heartland of the Duppers going to take that one. Can you imagine the hated tricolor flying high down there.

sealink
18th May 2015, 21:22
Just home from a day return to NCL. I really find the boarding process at gates 10 - 14 a tad stressful. The gate area this morning was packed and when we eventually " boarded " we stood on the stairs for ages. Its nice to board and depart on time but i disagree with making paxs stand on stairs. I'm an Easyjet fan but not the boarding process at BFS (which i know is operated by handlers ). The boarding at NCL was perfect. Boarding pass scanned and waited, seated, in a spacious lounge.

Waldo1
18th May 2015, 22:07
You are held on the stairs till the flight attendants make their way thru the empty cabin carefully laying all the seatbelts out in that crisscross pattern...only for every single passenger to flick them out of the way to get sat down...what a complete waste of peoples time...heres an idea, when u start boarding let the passengers continue on out to the plane where they will get straight on without queing on the stairs, blocking aisles etc! And the bonus of the fa's not having to stress us on and into seats while trying to make the departure slot...its not rocket science u know

Una Due Tfc
18th May 2015, 22:33
There are various checks that need to be done before pax can be let on after deboarding. E.G. All the seats need to be checked to ensure working seatbelt and lifejacket is present (apparently they get stolen quite frequently??!!), as well as cleaning the cabin. Having the pax that much closer to the aircraft before the final green light for boarding shortens the turn around time and reduces the cost to the locos. A pain in the a*** I agree. FR do the same at LBA in my experience.

BFS Dude
20th May 2015, 11:31
Another blow for BFS, Thomson has announced direct flight from Dublin Airport to Montego Bay & Cancun in 2016.

Montego Bay starting 12th June operating weekly for 6 weeks.
Cancun starting 13th June operating weekly for 6 weeks.
Latest News > Direct Flights From Dublin Airport To Mexico And Jamaica In 2016 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-05-20/Direct_Flights_From_Dublin_Airport_To_Mexico_And_Jamaica_In_ 2016.aspx)

:ugh:

stab3.5up
20th May 2015, 11:50
Sad but true. And probably will sell very quickly as with euro prices etc people may travel from UK to Dub to use route

eastern wiseguy
20th May 2015, 12:57
Regarding being held on the stairs before boarding. Why not keep pax IN THE LOUNGE until the aircraft is ready.

In the (unlikely) event that there is a problem during standing on the steps eg a fire alarm or other evacuation type event,that procedure,IMHO,has the potential to contribute to potential injuries.

This standing on steps is ludicrous.

EI-A330-300
20th May 2015, 13:01
You are held on the stairs till the flight attendants make their way thru the empty cabin carefully laying all the seatbelts out in that crisscross pattern...only for every single passenger to flick them out of the way to get sat down...what a complete waste of peoples time...heres an idea, when u start boarding let the passengers continue on out to the plane where they will get straight on without queing on the stairs, blocking aisles etc! And the bonus of the fa's not having to stress us on and into seats while trying to make the departure slot...its not rocket science u know

And BFS management wonder why people use DUB saves money and a airport experience far more superior to what BFS offer.

BFS BHD
20th May 2015, 13:20
Some good news for BFS. A new State-of-the-Art hanger (4,000ft2 Aircraft Hangar and a 22,000ft2 Office Accommodation) has been announced by Jet Assist. Expected to be in operation by Summer 2017.
The Hangar will be a distinctive two-door design allowing access for aircraft in from either side of the Hangar. This design allows aircraft to be parked through either door reducing the requirement for aircraft towing to reach alternative aircraft.

The main Hangar is big enough to hold a Boeing 767-300 aircraft and at the same time house Flying School Aircraft and Light to medium Jets or Turboprops.
More Here: www.jetassist.co.uk (http://www.jetassist.co.uk/recent-news)

West Brit
20th May 2015, 13:22
And BFS management wonder why people use DUB saves money and a airport experience far more superior to what BFS offer.

People from NI use Dublin to:-
1. save money
2. It's maybe handier if you live in Newry etc.
3. There is an available route from Dublin that is not served from Belfast.
4. A combination of the above.

I doubt that anyone will use DUB over Belfast purely on the basis of the 'airport experience'. Frankly the 2 hour car journey will kill that.

Dublin will always be the major airport on Ireland, and as a result will pull passengers from NI. It is exactly the same as the drift from Bristol to LHR.

shoe shine
20th May 2015, 17:08
Where can you get a update on the proceedings of the public enquiry. Is it reported daily anywhere or is it a matter of waiting for the decision, which lets be honest in NI could be many months away.

SecondDog
21st May 2015, 08:17
Some good news for BFS. A new State-of-the-Art hanger (4,000ft2 Aircraft Hangar and a 22,000ft2 Office Accommodation) has been announced by Jet Assist. Expected to be in operation by Summer 2017.

More Here: www.jetassist.co.uk (http://www.jetassist.co.uk/recent-news)

I'll not hold my breath though.....

cessnarocket
21st May 2015, 08:59
Nothing like a bit of fiction to make one giggle in the morning. :D

GAZMO
21st May 2015, 19:40
TOM summer schedule not of to a good start with tonight's flight to ACE cancelled. Probably tech issue?

BFS101
22nd May 2015, 13:04
Information regarding the Jet Assist hanger.

£2.7m VIP lounge for Aldergrove to pamper our high-flying visitors - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/27m-vip-lounge-for-aldergrove-to-pamper-our-highflying-visitors-31242900.html)

BFS BHD
22nd May 2015, 17:30
BH Air/ Balkan Holidays have Flight Only and Holidays on sale from Belfast International to Burgas Airport departing on Mondays and Fridays:

Mondays:

BGH5572 BFS-BOJ 11:20-17:00
BGH5571 BOJ-BFS 08:30-10:20

Friday:
BGH5572 BFS-BOJ 08:35-14:15
BGH5571 BOJ-BFS 05:55-07:45

GAZMO
22nd May 2015, 21:21
Are the BH flights twice weekly for the full season?

BFS BHD
22nd May 2015, 21:24
Monday flights are from 20th June 2016 and end 1st August 2016 i think.

Friday flights are from 03rd June 2016 and end 30th September 2016 i think.

BFS BHD
26th May 2015, 10:13
Jet2 will operate a one off flight to Vienna departing 04th December 2015 and arriving back on 06th December 2015! :)

GAZMO
27th May 2015, 19:53
Any numbers on the first flight to Zante today?

Vienna nice to see. Would like to see a few more

BFS BHD
27th May 2015, 20:01
Looks like US Air Force has started using Global Trek Aviation at BFS!

There's a US C-130 Hercules sitting up on Delta Apron at the minute and there was a US Army BE300 in yesterday as well!

AIRPORT66
27th May 2015, 20:14
Zante had full load on it this morning looks very promising 4 jet2 aircraft now.

GAZMO
27th May 2015, 20:16
Four Jet2 aircraft.....?

BFS BHD
27th May 2015, 20:36
I heard of a 4th aircraft but not sure it was happening! :)

AIRPORT66
27th May 2015, 20:57
4 aircraft now talking about a 5th next year.

BFS BHD
27th May 2015, 21:57
Oh do you mean four aircraft are based in BFS now? You including the all cargo aircraft G-CELW as well? I was only counting the three passenger aircraft G-CELE, G-CELJ and G-GDFN that are based.

BFS BHD
1st Jun 2015, 14:26
Any idea why a couple of stands (Stand 21 & Stand 16) are closed for Maintenance? Is it line painting, resurfacing or something else?

richardnei
1st Jun 2015, 15:38
General stand repairs. Primarily where the aircraft wheels have caused cracking and sinking of the ground. They are doing all the stands over the last few weeks or so.

BFS BHD
1st Jun 2015, 17:54
Cheers so aircraft will finally be able to park on the parking line on stand 18?

richardnei
2nd Jun 2015, 13:20
Should do.

BFS101
8th Jun 2015, 11:57
A couple of relevant stories in the Belfast Telegraph recently, may be of interest.

BFS tops punctuality list
Belfast International tops list of UK's most punctual airports - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/belfast-international-tops-list-of-uks-most-punctual-airports-31278521.html)

and regarding APD tax
Stormont 'is scared of abolishing £26 air tax' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/stormont-is-scared-of-abolishing-26-air-tax-31284160.html)

SecondDog
8th Jun 2015, 14:09
A couple of relevant stories in the Belfast Telegraph recently, may be of interest.

BFS tops punctuality list
Belfast International tops list of UK's most punctual airports - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/belfast-international-tops-list-of-uks-most-punctual-airports-31278521.html)

and regarding APD tax
Stormont 'is scared of abolishing £26 air tax' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/stormont-is-scared-of-abolishing-26-air-tax-31284160.html)

I like the MD's comments in the second article.

Showing a bit of fight for a change. Good to see. Fairly honest assessment of the situation imho.

Nail on the head in terms of Northern Ireland Politicians and the complete lack of ambition shown.

j636
8th Jun 2015, 14:17
Do not believe they are scared but they cannot aford to cut the tax. As most know before long it will be civil servants or London controlling spending. Unless stormont get themselves together.

APD is here to stay and if it was a major issue the capacity into NI would be declining and not increasing as it is....

Anybody know how much it brings in?

SecondDog
8th Jun 2015, 17:41
APD is here to stay and if it was a major issue the capacity into NI would be declining and not increasing as it is....

Anybody know how much it brings in?

Hardly a definite and immovable object if they had to cut it drastically to save the United flight. And it isn't a case of how much it brings in but the foresight of how much more you could generate with the competition that cutting it would bring. It would allow BFS to see a share of the transatlantic pie that currently goes from the UK to a foreign country creaming US bound pax with nil taxes. Have you seen Dublins numbers lately. You think thry could sustain all those TA flights with Irish pax. Keep dreaming......

#CutAPDforBFS

OneBellEnd
8th Jun 2015, 20:42
Given the land border I think the additional €17/€18 added for an 'environmental tax' to flights leaving from Belfast is extremely detrimental to maintaining the air travel industry in NI.

Especially when you consider that a lot of the monies being gathered up so enthusiastically into Treasury in London were partly handed over sharpish to bail out ROI not so long ago, enabling them to turn the air tax issue against NI, rather than having to actually increase taxes to address the financial problem they had created for themselves!

Still - stiff upper lip, old chap!! :ugh:

j636
8th Jun 2015, 23:11
Given the land border I think the additional €17/€18 added for an 'environmental tax' to flights leaving from Belfast is extremely detrimental to maintaining the air travel industry in NI.

Did you feel the same when ROI added 10e to departures and NI had nothing...

Especially when you consider that a lot of the monies being gathered up so enthusiastically into Treasury in London were partly handed over sharpish to bail out ROI not so long ago, enabling them to turn the air tax issue against NI, rather than having to actually increase taxes to address the financial problem they had created for themselves!

Still - stiff upper lip, old chap!!

And the point, London won't turn down the profit to be made from it and remember NI needs ROI more than ROI needs NI so it was in the UK interests or us English would be making up the even bigger hole in finances.

Biggest problem in NI is it was being shelled from the recession for many years when the rest of the UK has made cuts. Credit card as reached it's limit!

To add to the problem SF can't do anything in NI because they will damage their chances in the ROI, they have being caught out for double standards to much!