Radar Contact
22nd May 2009, 19:51
T/R Classes start in June for the 4 Ayla newbies

Desert Diner
23rd May 2009, 03:05
And the saga continues.:rolleyes:

wapses
23rd May 2009, 07:51
I wonder what the new CCO Mr Willy Boulter thinks of it all?

Is he thinking .... "Wow, what the hell did I let myself in for?"

Or maybe, "Hey, they're paying me a big salary, the job in Russia wasn't working out, this is an even bigger mess than I'd envisioned, but it pays the mortgage".

Or even, "I know no-one else has been able to sort out the chaos, but I can change things. I will turn this airline around. I will motivate the Bahrainis. It can be done. I will do it. Pigs WILL fly." (The last of course being a very private thought with it being a moslem country and all).

left_to_first_class
23rd May 2009, 11:08
Like one of the previous guys who came (Lee Shave), Willy comes with a good reputation but I guess it will be a case of how soon he is worn down with the politics.

Hey just take the money and pay the mortgage and I am sure Willy has a nice clause in his contract that if GF tries to remove him, he probably gets paid is entire contact as compensation!

Icarus
27th May 2009, 12:48
Olbie, old news, happened a few weeks ago. Rumour being the cause was related to someone in that team also working for EY one-day a week at the same time as being employed by GF.

Chuck Y
28th May 2009, 19:05
I thought there was no such thing as "conflict of interest" in GF. What with 1 of the board members being the agent for some of the advisors & consultants that are raping GF!!! But,then again I guess it's a case of who you know.

Radar Contact
30th May 2009, 12:33
This is freaky,

Hijacking threat grounds Gulf Air at Larnaca
By Stefanos Evripidou
A GULF Air plane was stopped minutes before take off at Larnaca airport yesterday after an anonymous caller warned that hijackers were on board.

The call proved to be a hoax and three and a half hours later, the plane took off with all passengers on board.

At 3.07pm, an international call was made to Gulf Air offices in Nicosia warning that hijackers were on board the Gulf Air flight to Bahrain GF942 due to take off at 3.20pm. An airline employee immediately informed Lykavitos police station and the Gulf Air official situated at the airport. Within minutes the Control Tower was informed, which contacted the plane’s crew ordering it to abort take off.

At the time, the plane was taxiing towards the runway in preparation for take off. Instead the plane was guided to a safe area at the north eastern point of the airport, while the 52 passengers on board were taken off the aircraft for further security checks.

The passengers, their hand luggage and suitcases were all put through a security screening process for a second time, while police sniffer dogs and the bomb squad checked the plane for explosives.

According to the head of security at Larnaca and Paphos airports, police officer Emilios Lambrou, the airport’s Security Committee convened immediately, headed by the Civil Aviation director.

“The threat level was raised to its highest, red, and the decision was taken to put the passengers and their luggage off the plane,” said Lambrou.

Nothing suspicious was found during the security checks and the plane departed for Bahrain with all passengers on board at 7pm yesterday.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=45933&cat_id=1

Che Guevara
30th May 2009, 14:35
while the 52 passengers on board were taken off the aircraft for further security checks.

See the loads are picking up...;)

No mention in the GDN or did I miss it?

Radar Contact
30th May 2009, 17:25
No mention because Cyprus Mail released this about 7 hours ago so perhaps tomorrow in the GDN :)

I heard some A340's were grounded, is it true? if yes, which ones?

Mephistopheles
2nd Jun 2009, 12:01
So Mr Al Banna is getting finger prints scanners installed. I guess there still is some money laying aroung somewhere to be wasted & more importantly, commission deducted from it. I wonder what/who's company is involved in this new scheme?

Mike.Park
2nd Jun 2009, 12:16
Jet Airways has initiated fresh talks with Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air and Oman Air to convert wet lease agreements into dry lease for the four Boeing 777s and two Airbus 330s respectively. The wet lease agreement with Gulf and Oman Air will end in October and November of the current calendar year. Wet lease refers to an agreement under which aircraft is leased with crew, insurance etc, whereas under dry lease, just the aircraft is leased out.Source: India Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Market-Live/Closing-Bell/articleshow/4607018.cms)

Radar Contact
2nd Jun 2009, 18:13
I saw 4 A340's today parked near the Royal Apron, in service or grounded ?

Chuck Y
2nd Jun 2009, 19:23
I believe the finger print scanners that are being installed are to make sure some of he office workers bother to come into work since,firstly the card system didn't work coz they just got their friends to swip it for them. Secondly, they decided to switch to a trust system(what a big laugh!!!!) relying on peoples' work ethic(of which sadly there is very little) to make them show up at work. I think it's a great idea even if it did come from pilots' public enemy number 1-the banana man.

I guess the parked 340s are having some maintenance done since that is why we leased the Jet planes.

Radar Contact
2nd Jun 2009, 20:24
I love it how they tell people "No Jumpseats" allowed whatsoever, even the non-operating crew (Pilots) are not allowed and then you go find tons of videos from the flight deck on the internet :ok:

Mephistopheles
2nd Jun 2009, 21:34
Radar Contact?

flex50
3rd Jun 2009, 06:44
eerr%%er,,,,, i confirm u r 0.2 nm from the field looking TOO HIGH! for the sake of ur job make sho u land that shi*%*t as that go arround will cost ur job! mind u, this is not APPROACH, this is the GULF AIR CHIEF PILOT! :O

Not Gulfair CEO
3rd Jun 2009, 08:35
Flex 50 dont embarrass your self.Go and get some language course.

Mike.Park
3rd Jun 2009, 15:42
tons of videos from the flight deck on the internet
Radar Contact do you happen to mean this clip?

[URL removed]

FO looks funny wearing a baseball cap!

flex50
3rd Jun 2009, 18:52
at least u got the msg :ok:

evilatp
4th Jun 2009, 17:04
100 total cadets in the program at the moment. No talk of them getting sent home.

flyby71
5th Jun 2009, 02:04
Does anyone know if GF is planning on hiring direct entry FO's soon?

alextop
5th Jun 2009, 11:01
Yes, they are.

picollo
5th Jun 2009, 14:15
Alextop,

If GF is hiring then it is good news. May I ask where you have heard this from?

Cam32
5th Jun 2009, 15:38
Hiring cadets from what I have seen. If I was one of the guys released at last moment I would be putting CV's everywhere.

My sympathy for your position. Good Luck for it.

picollo
5th Jun 2009, 16:07
Cam32,
Who are you sympathizing with? Also what do you mean "released'? is GF laying off?

HELL BOY
5th Jun 2009, 16:09
I do believe that the issue in Gulf Air is changing of managements, they just not focusing what they really want or needs from the airline, are they trying to make it a low cost for the Middle East?
GF management needs to come up with a plan that could help in keeping the airline running and not only talks without act.
Why the rent the 777 from jet airways if they cost a lot to keep, why they keep doing the same mistakes, I do believe that they needs to stop wasting time and money.

Cam32
5th Jun 2009, 17:15
Was a simple reply to a question. GF are hiring from what I have seen. I know people have been shafted before they even got here. To those people!

Spelling it out.. Quit jobs, sold houses, uprooted families. Maffie Job

Was not directed to you in particular.

jetjockey737
5th Jun 2009, 22:25
Picollo

I think what cam was saying that recently GF offered 4 courses worth of DEPs and then 'postponed' them at the last minute. Alot of these guys, myself included, resigned from their jobs and have been left unemployed as they have no where to go.

If GF are recruiting cadets at the expense of us then I am disgusted. But to be honest I am going to get too excited about it...its not going to change anything.

Mike.Park
5th Jun 2009, 23:04
Well according to the Gulf Air careers website, there are no open vacancies in any department.

Sorry, No vacancies

ShirleyNot
6th Jun 2009, 03:25
Yeah 'no vacancies' 'cos they already have those guys on hold, no point in recruiting when you have the hold pool full already - and a limited requirement. Good news for those guys though as they may now be taken on.

HELL BOY
7th Jun 2009, 11:08
will i guess its always about who do you know i do know that they do hiers.

Chuck Y
7th Jun 2009, 13:13
Hang in there guys. We have recieved 3 A330s with 1 more to join in July & with 2 A340s being retired(?). So that should lead to some jobs. Good luck.

Mike.Park
8th Jun 2009, 08:53
This has just come out on the news wires.

Gulf Air says will keep to Airbus order schedule

KUALA LUMPUR, June 8 (Reuters) - Bahrain-based Gulf Air will keep taking delivery of planes it has ordered from European manufacturer Airbus (EAD.PA (http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=EAD.PA)) on schedule, its chief executive said on Monday.

Bjorn Naf told Reuters TV in an interview on the sidelines of an aviation conference in Kuala Lumpur that he saw no signs yet of a recovery in the airline industry but he hoped for one by the second half of 2010.
Gulf Air has 35 Airbus planes on order as of March. It has also ordered 16 Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.

Naf said the rapid expansion of carriers based in the Gulf was slowing but that Gulf Air's growth plans were still intact. (Reporting by Jonathan Gordon; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

Source: Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSSP48502120090608)

Inflatron
9th Jun 2009, 02:47
What Growth Is He Talking About???

Hey Guy Look Around You !!!

boiler
9th Jun 2009, 03:54
Naf said the rapid expansion of carriers based in the Gulf was slowing

Boeing are delivering 1or 2 B777 to QR for the next year and a half, not to mention the 787 and the huge 80+ A350 order, let alone the 54+ A380 order of EK, their other 777s coming in, and the 100+ aircraft order of EY. Is this what he calls "slowing down"???? :ugh::ugh::ugh:

boiler
9th Jun 2009, 05:28
Hey BN, did you miss this interview while in KUL????

Qatar Airways wants plane deliveries faster
Kuala Lumpur: Mon, 08 Jun 2009

Qatar Airways, which has about $27 billion worth of planes on order, wants deliveries speeded up, its chief executive said on Monday.

Akbar al-Baker told reporters on the sidelines of the International Air Transport Association annual meeting that the state-owned airline expected to make a profit of at least $100 million this financial year.

Qatar has about 200 planes on order from Boeing and European rival Airbus. It has previously said it will make more purchases at the Paris Air Show later in June. – Reuters

Mike.Park
9th Jun 2009, 10:10
This is what Naffy had to say:

Bjorn Naf said he was "not concerned at all" over the safety of the carrier's fleet of 10 A330-200 planes but would wait for directive from Airbus. Manama, Bahrain-based Gulf has no plans to cancel the 20 A330-300 planes and 15 A320 jets it ordered last year, he said.

Mike.Park
10th Jun 2009, 06:49
Right it's official.

Road deaths on Bahrain's roads have tripled in just a single year.

Please buckle up and drive safely. If you ride a crew bus with a lunatic driver, report him/her in confidence.

Source (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=252899)

Mike.Park
11th Jun 2009, 11:43
I wonder what these "re-branding and re-fleeting" announcements will be!

Gulf Air to participate in International Paris Air Show 2009

Bahrain's National carrier Gulf Air will participate in the International Paris Air Show - Le Bourget, which will be held in the French capital on 15 - 21 June at Le Bourget Exhibition Centre.

Gulf Air will be represented by a delegation led by the company's Chairman Mr. Talal Al Zain. The airline is expected to make a number of major announcements regarding its re-branding and re-fleeting during the week long event.

Bjorn Naf, Gulf Air's CEO, commented:'We are excited to take part in what is one of the most this anticipated events in the aviation calendar. The show provides a unique opportunity to interact and exchange information with other aviation companies. Taking part in this year's air show has an added advantage, since Le Bourget is celebrating its hundredth anniversary.'
More than 250,000 people are expected to attend this years air show. Held every other year the show is a venue where exhibitors and manufactures of the aerospace business gather to display their products and exchange expertise.

Source: AME (http://www.ameinfo.com/200189.html)

Chuck Y
11th Jun 2009, 12:01
"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen" cuz there are going to be some major announcements next week. So let's just see who'll shortly be an ex-GF employee!!!

boiler
11th Jun 2009, 17:05
It sure is going to get interesting with J9 being allowed to have a hub in BAH after they have been kicked out of DXB. Now BAH will have 2 low cost airlines and GF all fighting for limited pax.

jetjockey737
11th Jun 2009, 21:35
Chuck....fancy expanding on your statement at all??

ODMEA
12th Jun 2009, 02:08
GF is also a low cost carrier..unless you can honestly give me an example of any aspect of their service delivery which resembles that of a full service airline.:suspect:

SCATANA
14th Jun 2009, 12:43
Yeah Chuck, spill the beans - marine.

Mike.Park
15th Jun 2009, 09:58
This just out on the wires

Rolls-Royce to power Gulf Air in $1.5 billion order

LONDON, June 15 (Reuters) - Britain's Rolls-Royce (RR.L (http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=RR.L)) said on Monday it had secured a $1.5 billion engine order to power 20 aircraft from Bahrain-based Gulf Air.

The contract, announced at the Paris Air Show, include Rolls-Royce's Trent 700EP engines to power 20 Airbus (EAD.PA (http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=EAD.PA)) A330 aircraft, a TotalCare long-term service agreement, and an extension to an existing engine support services deal.

The company also reported a 5-year extension to its TotalCare long-term contract with German carrier Condor Airlines worth around $150 million.

Source (http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSLF44169220090615)

Mike.Park
16th Jun 2009, 12:32
Latest out of the paris air show

Mumtalakat orders two additional full-flight simulators to support Gulf Air pilot training

Today at the Paris Air Show, CAE announced that it has sold two additional full-flight simulators (FFS) and a suite of support services to Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company ("Mumtalakat"), the investment arm of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the owner of Gulf Air, Bahrain's national carrier. The total list price value of the contract exceeds C$50 million. The contract is for a CAE 7000 Series A330/A340 convertible FFS and an additional CAE 5000 Series A320 FFS. All full-flight simulators for Mumtalakat will feature the CAE Tropos(TM)-6000 visual system. In addition, CAE will provide a suite of support services over the next ten years. The contract brings the total FFS sales that CAE has announced during fiscal year 2010 to six.

Last month, CAE had announced the sale of a CAE 5000 Series A320 FFS and CAE Simfinity(TM) Airbus Pilot Transition (APT) trainers for the A320, A330 and A340 aircraft to an undisclosed customer. CAE is now identifying this customer as Mumtalakat.

Talal Al Zain, Chief Executive Officer of Mumtalakat and Chairman of Gulf Air, said, "I am pleased to announce the purchase of the new simulators which will enable Gulf Air to offer its flight crews and those from across the Middle East access to the most advanced simulator training equipment. Our investment will help to meet the growing regional demand for pilot and crew training. Today's announcement further enhances Bahrain's already established reputation as a centre of excellence for pilot training and will help to create job opportunities and financial growth in Bahrain."

Marc Parent, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CAE, said, "Our contracts with Mumtalakat over the past month mark the first time it has ordered simulation equipment from CAE, and we are delighted Mumtalakat has placed its trust and confidence in CAE's world-class simulation solutions. We are excited to begin a long-term relationship with Mumtalakat's Gulf Air holdings subsidiary as we work closely together to tailor our comprehensive training solutions to help meet their growth objectives."

stefan1138
16th Jun 2009, 17:55
Are there any news concerning the fate of the Jet Airways 777s? Will they go in August or will they stay (I flew to DXB and back to BAH on them this weekend and was really impressed). As I remember there was some negotiating going on to extend the lease...
If they go, what will replace them (suddenly GF would have 4 widebodies less) or would some parked 340s be reintroduced? By the way, which 340s are currently not operated (Regs)? Thanks and regards
Stefan

Che Guevara
16th Jun 2009, 19:29
Rumour is that they are going, shame really, but in the present economic climate, perhaps the right thing. (they are beauties though) Currently there are 4 more 330s in the process of being phased in by the way.

Mike.Park
16th Jun 2009, 19:31
Abit off topic here, but does anyone know what sort of compensation GF's CEO receives? A ballpark figure will be fine.

PMs welcome if you don't to respond on here.

Cheers

left_to_first_class
16th Jun 2009, 21:29
If my memory serves me correct:
Hogan = 35,000BD per month
Dose = 50,000BD per month

Not sure what Naff is on but i heard its in the 45,000BD mark.

Then on top is the housing allowance + school fees + car.

Mike.Park
16th Jun 2009, 22:44
It doesn't get any better than this!

Gulf Air bans GDN and Akhbar Al Khaleej
Posted on » Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MANAMA: Passengers will no longer be able to read their Gulf Daily News or sister Arabic paper Akhbar Al Khaleej on Gulf Air flights.

This is the latest in a long line of bans imposed by Gulf Air over the years because our newspapers have upset someone. The last was imposed for nine months, and one, in the early 90s, lasted two years! We were also banned in the '80s following a report about a Gulf Air aircraft that lost one of its front wheels on take off from London. Some suspensions have been based on our reporting of stories that Gulf Air's public relations department decided they did not wish us to publish.

However, this latest 'censorship' move is a mystery. We have been unable to discover what we have allegedly done to upset powers that be although we understand that in this particular case we have managed to upset people involved with the country's sovereign wealth fund, Mumtalakat, owners of the airline.

We pride ourselves in our professionalism as Bahrain's national newspapers, and will always abide by and aspire to the highest standards of journalism in our reporting.
We look forward to Gulf Air providing us with plausible reasons why it has decided, once again, to ban our newspapers from its aircraft.

Source: GDN (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=253391)

Mike.Park
16th Jun 2009, 23:35
Now we are off the planes again, without warning or explanation.

But what such organisations should realise is that in shutting out or seeking to gag the media, they are also challenging the public's right to know.

That right, along with freedom of expression, has been guaranteed under Bahrain's constitution and repeatedly reinforced in addresses by the country's leadership.

But some organisations, it seems, believe that this national promise of openness and transparency does not apply to them.

Hmm I wonder what airline Les Horton is referring to in his newspaper (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=253383) column today (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=253383)?

Desert Diner
17th Jun 2009, 04:11
It doesn't get any better than this!

How true. :uhoh:

I wonder what story did it this time. Or was it something else in the developmental stage. :E

boiler
17th Jun 2009, 04:25
Hmm I wonder what airline Les Horton is referring to in his newspaper column today?

It says "Gulf Air" right there in the article. No need for guesses.

Mephistopheles
17th Jun 2009, 12:04
Well, Andrew from PR(BD13000) has been given the axe along with a young(?) lady from marketing & the usual change of position titles that, in the end, amount to zero change!!! What else is new?!?!

stefan1138
17th Jun 2009, 17:08
According to the article in flight global the first A333 will come in 2012!?
Was the original plan not always 2010? So, when will deliveries start?

PARIS AIR SHOW: Gulf Air hands Rolls-Royce big order to power A330s (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/06/15/328065/paris-air-show-gulf-air-hands-rolls-royce-big-order-to-power.html)

Mephistopheles
17th Jun 2009, 21:28
This spat with the owner of the GDN & Akhbar Al Khaleej has been going on for awhile. I guess he's not happy that GF aren't giving him heaps of free tickets amymore so he publishes the dirt on GF. Believe me, if he was still getting all the freebies we would be reading about how wonderful GF is!

CedarJet
17th Jun 2009, 23:10
Gulf Air's latest A330-243 A9C-KJ was delivered all white from Toulouse to Beirut, where it is undergoing refit into GF configuration and painting into GF color scheme.

Duh
18th Jun 2009, 19:17
Hang in there guys....within the next 6-9 month GF will start hiring DEC's. You see, the problem(Co. procedure) is that it takes on Average 1 year to upgrade once selected and processed through the "upgrade procedure".
Countless Sim Cks, Line Cks, panel interviews and thats just the beginning. When thats finished they do it a couple more times just to make sure they did it right the first time. Gotta love FORDEC :}

R U in the Green :ok:

ironbutt57
19th Jun 2009, 04:06
DEC's under the AQP program will take just as long as upgrades..DEC's are highly unlikely at this stage..remember the incoming airplanes are replacements, not expansion..."DUH"

Duh
19th Jun 2009, 05:20
Not that familiar with AQP, BUT it would seem that if you hire a DEC what would be the purpose of having to hold his hand for a year as the current upgrade system has you do? If you meet the "GF upgrade criteria", why would this AQP thing drag out a 2-3 month process into 12-14 months? I'm assuming that one of the criteria would be having flown in the Gulf for a few years, thus making you somewhat:cool: familiar on how it works.

Sidestick Priority
20th Jun 2009, 14:56
GF Board sacks CEO...
GF Board sacks CEO Bjoern Naef
A friend in London just confirmed to me that the Chairman al Zain has asked Spencer Stuart to look out for a new CEO...finally good news ? No, as the key qualification of the new guy seems to be that he must speak arabic...nothing about turnaround experience, fleet planning etc.

So all the rumours about BN's exit seem to be true....does he know about it ? I would think so...

FBW

Recent posted by FBW9.

Couple of weeks back was CFO, now CEO. What's going on? :suspect:

Sidestick Priority
20th Jun 2009, 15:04
Dont see BN in any publication any more, even the latest events from Paris Air Show i.e. engine deal, new sim deal, etc.
Al Zain, the chairman, was in the front row.

Duh
20th Jun 2009, 18:54
That's bad news for GF employees. BN was(maybe still is) doing a pretty good job considering he has his hands tied behind back 99% of the time. If the board had any Business intelligence they would let him be and let him develope and actually implement a strategy. Not micromanage him without a clue on how to run any business let alone an airliine. Duh :ugh:
It shows you a great about a person of low intelligence that would find glee in this guys dimise.

WELCO
21st Jun 2009, 00:53
Gulf Air plans to lease out two A340s

DATE:20/06/09
SOURCE:Air Transport Intelligence news
Gulf Air plans to lease out two A340s
By David Kaminski-Morrow ([email protected])

Middle Eastern carrier Gulf Air is intending to lease out two of its Airbus A340s under a long-term arrangement, although it has yet to secure a taker.
Gulf Air chief executive Bjorn Naf disclosed the plan during a briefing at the Paris Air Show.
He says the carrier, which has been planning to phase out its A340 fleet, is "looking at leasing out two units" and is "optimistic" of identifying a "long-term" lessee soon.
Gulf Air is still intending to phase out the A340s - of which it has nine - but it has reconsidered its plans to lease Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
It plans to return all the 777s to India's Jet Airways by about October, having opted not to pursue a dry-lease.
Naf tells Flightglobal sister publication Air Transport Intelligence that the A340s are "still fit for purpose" but admits that the impact of the economic slowdown over the past few months has forced the carrier to be flexible with its plans.
"We couldn't afford to go to dry-lease on such a big ship," he says, referring to the 777s and adding that Gulf Air could not allow itself to be "too proud" to return the twin-jets as the business case changed.

Hey Mr. CEO, are you really "too proud" of your decision-making abilities?!

Mike.Park
22nd Jun 2009, 01:24
The Arabic newspaper (akhbar al khaleej) that Gulf Air banned from it's flights has just been suspended by the Bahraini government!

Is the GDN next?

Source (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=253765)

Che Guevara
22nd Jun 2009, 16:43
Here is an explanation from the BBC website today:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Bahrain closes paper in Iran row (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8112993.stm)

Capt Hair Y Balls
22nd Jun 2009, 18:46
Duh,

That's bad news for GF employees. BN was(maybe still is) doing a pretty good job considering he has his hands tied behind back 99% of the time

The problem mate is that the damage this tosser has done 1% of the time his hands are not tied behind his back is more than enough. Good riddens, he can pi$$ off back to Africa (with a much fatter bank account)

Now that's not to say that I believe for a moment that his replacement will be any better, same $hit different a$$.

Duh
22nd Jun 2009, 20:48
How do you and or any other PILOT have any freakin idea. As everywhere else in the world, every pilot know's how and can manage an airline better than the guy hired to do so. As usual, the miscredeants come out of the woodwork with glee in someone else's demise. I would suggest to all, that you do what you've learned and trained to do, to the best of your ability and let alone that what others have learned to them and thier Boss's. Otherwise, you sound and look like the jacka$$ that you are. DUH:ugh:

Not Gulfair CEO
23rd Jun 2009, 07:16
Let me think of few those few moments when his hands were not tied and the damage he inflicted on this airline:

1. He decides to replace 767 with 321 only later to find out that airplane is unable to fly a 3hrs30min sector with pax and the baggage.duh

2. Choses to open Shangai over Beijing before olympics. Shangai avarage load is 60 pax per flight.half of them staff and Z fare.duh

3. The biggest blunder was to lease 777 in the month of march. In the best of avaition time every one knows that march april may are the worst months for airline business. these 300 plus capacity airliners are are running with 30% load on LHR and BKK routes.duh

4. Wonder any stupid CEO with the high ambition to compete with the big boys will plash millons on a second diviison pathetic team like QPR.The only things common between Gulf air and QPR at the moment are that both are in the second divisions and both have empty seats. duh

your emotion filled angry posts suggest that you are very close to Naf, but I hope not physically though.

boiler
23rd Jun 2009, 08:56
every one knows that march april may are the worst months for airline business

March & April are usually ok and do very well. May is the real problem month for most airlines.

Chuck Y
23rd Jun 2009, 14:02
Get ready for some big announcements since s*** has really hit the fan today. Off with their heads!!!

jetjockey737
23rd Jun 2009, 14:43
CHUCK.....I have been holding my breath since you last made a post of a similar nature...."Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen" cuz there are going to be some major announcements next week. So let's just see who'll shortly be an ex-GF employee!!!....hmmmmm!!!

Chuck Y
23rd Jun 2009, 16:17
jetjockey737, if you are with GF then you already know patience is a must.

PAR31
23rd Jun 2009, 16:22
Chuck Y,

do we have to start to get worried?:confused:

Par31

Duh
23rd Jun 2009, 18:32
No emotion at all. Just everyday observations of those who think they know wtf they're speaking about. In regards to your lame points, ever think that he makes those decisions with the department heads who work for him that are supposed to be experts in and about the particulars of thier departments. Like Operation, Marketing, Human resources, Finance etc etc. Maybe the locals that have been mandated to keep seats warm in HQ, because that's all they're qualified to do, advised him to do the things you mention.
My point is, unless you know the particulars and are in the inside of that small circle of upper mangement types your a typical simple minded pilot who thinks he could run the circus any better.
And BTW, I wouldn't know Naf if I bumped into him. I'm actually in a different Tent City, but fly for a similar camel outfit.:ok:

Albergineman
24th Jun 2009, 05:40
I have just received a message from HR, something like this...

As an interim measure, it has been decided by the senior management that all requests for promotions, upgrades or salary adjustments for all employees, wherever located, will be suspended until the end of 2009.

So, no fleet transfer, upgrade, etc?

:{

Mephistopheles
24th Jun 2009, 12:02
So late rosters this month due to "massive shedule changes". Sounds serious!!!

blusky75
24th Jun 2009, 13:45
Any news for not type rated pilots? i applyied time ago but still no answer :(

thx:ugh:

Duh
24th Jun 2009, 14:16
blusky75,
yesterday whilst perusing the webboards for pilot jobs I found a site that had a "Gulf Air" advertising for type rated Pilots. It was dated and verfied May 31st, 2009. My friends over there verfied the "massive" schedule changes for July, And, that the flying times seem to be all over the place. Guys are flying anywhere between 25 hours to 90 hours for June. Seems that they have SCREW schedulers too :ok:

ShirleyNot
24th Jun 2009, 14:42
Duh.....er duh, yeah its muppetry of the highest order.

Landflap
25th Jun 2009, 07:14
Chuck, Heads ARE rolling ! One of my mates, A340 Senior Capt, aged over 60, has just been terminated with one days notice ! GF claiming that the Government Immigration Dept has declined to renew his permits. Poor guy. After 16 years Service, dealt with by the Fleet Office Boy & told to pack up his gear and go !

I think he is on the same plane as BN tonite !

He recently sold his house here in Cyprus & has bought in Santa Monica where he already has a job on an Exec Lear outa Burbank. Others may not be so fortunate. Watch your backs Guys.

Duh
25th Jun 2009, 07:37
Look for anyone over 60 to get the axe, wether a line pilot or in the training dept. It's an easy way to eliminate costs.

BTW, that Captain is one lucky dude.

Che Guevara
25th Jun 2009, 10:32
Sorry to hear this, however Santa Monica is a lot nicer than the Gulf, so good luck to him. :cool:

Soap Box Cowboy
25th Jun 2009, 11:24
Wonder if loyalty counts for much anywhere these days. :hmm:

Then again these fellows are in possesion of forbiden knowledge :E

The Days when Gulf Air was the premier airline of the gulf, flying all over the world.

Best to remove them and fill the ranks with mindless minions who know no better and dare not talk back :(

Chuck Y
25th Jun 2009, 11:33
BN has left the building.

ODMEA
25th Jun 2009, 11:43
a few years ago many of the more learned ones suggested people get out as nothing will change, while we pax and you crew were foolish enough to think things were changing..I stand corrected and accept the egg on my face for remaining loyal.

GF I have been told is in self destruction mode striving to be an all Bahraini outfit-qualified or not..(I think not is more likely). I am but a humble pax but will say get the hell out of there. The locals have no sense of loyalty - keep your dignity and leave before they push you.

What a waste of a once brilliant carrier.
Oddy

Bombay HF
25th Jun 2009, 11:59
Do IB and Sal-e still work at GF?

PAR31
25th Jun 2009, 12:22
Chuck Y.

do you mean left left?:ooh:

Duh
25th Jun 2009, 13:16
ODMEA is for sure a GF pilot. It ooozes out in his posts. It's OK, you can own up to it.
BTW,
It's not any better out behind my Tent either. The camels are just a little newer:)

ODMEA
25th Jun 2009, 13:42
I'm no more a pilot than you are His Holiness the Pope. Maybe I just spent WAY too much time flying GF and sound like I am.:ok:

shampoo_9
25th Jun 2009, 14:22
GF never had long term strategy

Duh
25th Jun 2009, 15:32
Your funny, ODMEA :}

T O G A Boy
25th Jun 2009, 15:43
About Naf leaving, thats nonsence. I was told that it is a bunch of lies and that he is still around. A friend of mine works in the office upstairs and i'm sure he wud have told me.Unless it's classified....:oh:

ironbutt57
26th Jun 2009, 09:57
Yup still here...:ok:

Sal-e
26th Jun 2009, 10:51
Still here and enjoying life.
Come on you guys. Why don't you look at your own lives and live a little? Thank goodness my happiness is not based on who the CEO is, or the current state of affairs of GF, or the global recession, or the swine flu, or the Iranian electoral fraud, or the credit crunch, or the real estate bust, or...........You get my point?
Wherever you are, there will be issues. Some are localised, others regional, and others still that are pandemic.
Honestly, if you want to find something to upset you, you don't need to go far to find it. We're all surrounded by grim news.
As for me, I take and find pleasure in anything and everything, however small.
DOLCE VITA, friends.

REACH-69
26th Jun 2009, 10:56
I would rather live near a tent with a secure job ,than staying jobless in the west surrounded by swine flu..............:ok:

MAKAVELI320
26th Jun 2009, 11:55
sal-e
Couldnt agree more:D:D live and let live:ugh:

ODMEA
27th Jun 2009, 04:55
Duh I challenge you here publicly to a dual that I am not a pilot fullstop. I can smell that egg already - now that's funny:ok:
Oddy.

Duh
27th Jun 2009, 13:16
What is a.....pilot fullstop. ?

Besides funny, add insecure :}

WELCO
27th Jun 2009, 14:00
What an immature discussion!

jackbauer
27th Jun 2009, 16:25
It is Gulf Air after all so what did you expect, rocket science?

WELCO
27th Jun 2009, 18:40
No, I don't expect rocket science to be discussed here. I only expect to see posts related to the title "Gulf Air Developments" rather than silly rant posts coming from time wasters!

ironbutt57
28th Jun 2009, 06:24
Have to agree with welco..

surfer of desert
28th Jun 2009, 08:07
After the usual excuse off the late of line rostering, this time they used a different word of MASSIVE CHANGES:ugh: no next line yet, what the :mad: how come we can manage our lives.

SubsonicMortal
28th Jun 2009, 09:41
WTH... Still no roster? Didn't they say the 28th? Perhaps they meant 11:59pm on the 28th...
:mad:

Chuck Y
28th Jun 2009, 11:00
Relax guys plenty of time until the 28th is over-at least a full 10 hours!!!

Mephistopheles
28th Jun 2009, 11:58
Maybe there are no flights for us to operate & hence no rosters cos Mumtalakat have finally thrown in the towel.

ShirleyNot
28th Jun 2009, 12:16
Getting a roster on the 28th of the month, what an absolute joke, really its pathetic.

Not Gulfair CEO
28th Jun 2009, 12:23
I feel sorry for the planning Guys as they were working their socks off during the week end to finish the roster before the dead line. I believe this is the 3rd roster in making in last last 2 weeks due to commercial changes in equipment and frequencies.

Mike.Park
28th Jun 2009, 13:25
Maybe there are no flights for us to operate & hence no rosters cos Mumtalakat have finally thrown in the towel.

A friend within the pink palace has told me that they have never been this worried before about mumtalakat pulling the plug..

ironbutt57
28th Jun 2009, 15:40
Have to agree the folks in crew planning deal with constantly moving goal posts..can't blame them for sure

WELCO
28th Jun 2009, 21:57
common u should so something now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
order some planes more planes!!!

Why don't go get your high school grade at first place sonny? Sorry to be rude, but your posts are so noisy.. you may also drop the "i" letter!

WELCO
28th Jun 2009, 21:59
Rumours upstairs saying that BN is not going anywhere before the end of this year!

Capt Hair Y Balls
29th Jun 2009, 14:40
Oh boy I just cannot resist this, you're just begging to be sh@t on

when people tell me about the lack of knowledge I have about airplanes and airlines it just makes me mad..

So who exactly do you think you are? Charles Lindberg or Chuck efing Yeager my boy? Do we have to address you as some aviation excellence, let me guess you just finished your cadetship and you got your second bar and suddenly aviation sunshine is comming out your rear end.

I would suggest you take a step back and chill my boy before you heart yourself with that ego of yours. Besides some of the lads here may just have you for lunch and ask for seconds:O

Capt Hair Y Balls
29th Jun 2009, 14:58
I highly recommend you get yourself a girlfriend and rid yourself from all your frustrations my boy.

PS
......and while you're at it ensure she's British that way between sessions she can help you with your English because obviously you need serious help

CDRW
29th Jun 2009, 15:03
Can anyone tell me if a Indian and Australian manager resigned to go off to Auh?

Capt Hair Y Balls
29th Jun 2009, 15:08
Yes, the Aussie tosser RJ who did the AQP copy and paste

UGLYRAED
29th Jun 2009, 19:00
cadet bar.????????????????? ummmm i dunt knw wht it is i guess its some place where weirdos are ok bye.sorry but i didnt know peaple get offended when you say something on the net..i know i dunt:confused: well you shouldnt bye

Jenniferr
30th Jun 2009, 13:59
new here thinking of joining GF. anyway where are the funny comments and what about the :mad:life thingi????????????????does any of this has to do with GF????(or is it just gossip?):bored:

Jenniferr
30th Jun 2009, 14:01
an explanation would be appreciated here!:ugh:

Jenniferr
1st Jul 2009, 09:25
this forums daed these days!what happened?nothing happening in GF?

bluebirde2000
2nd Jul 2009, 07:36
I would like please to know if anyone from GF would come to know where did Mr. Mahfood Al Harthy, Head of Sales for Gulf & KSA left to. Cheers.

Mahmood Alsitri
2nd Jul 2009, 11:23
Gulf Air, Bahrain’s national carrier, announced today the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the airline as it enters the next phase of its realignment strategy.

Samer Majali, former CEO of one of the Middle East’s most commercially successful carriers, Royal Jordanian, will take over at Gulf Air within the next few months from current CEO Björn Näf. Until then, Talal Al Zain, Gulf Air’s Chairman, will manage the business in the temporary position of Executive Chairman.

Talal Al Zain said, “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Björn Näf for his leadership over the last two years and we wish him well in his future endeavors. Moving forward, we have important plans for the future of Gulf Air and we believe Samer is the right leader to take the airline forward as we move into the next phase of our strategy to rebuild the business.”

“I’m delighted to welcome Samer to the team as he brings an exceptional track record of successfully managing a leading Middle Eastern carrier. His skills will help us to build towards a strong future for Gulf Air,” he concluded.

Under Samer’s leadership, Royal Jordanian has been transformed into a highly successful and profitable business. The carrier’s transformation has been driven by a comprehensive strategy to modernize the airline’s fleet and the reshaping of its network. His achievements include bringing Royal Jordanian into “Oneworld” in 2007, making it the first Middle Eastern airline to join a major global alliance. In addition, he managed the successful privatization of Royal Jordanian, a first in the region. He has also served as President of the Arab Air Carriers Organisation (AACO) and served as Chairman of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) board of governors until June 2009. Samer holds a degree in Air Transport Management from Cranfield University in the UK.

Mike.Park
2nd Jul 2009, 23:59
Ordeal for passengers

MANAMA: About 30 Mumbai-bound passengers were last night bumped
off a Gulf Air flight despite having confirmed bookings, reports MANDEEP
SINGH.

The GF 0056 passengers, including women and children, were told the flight
was overbooked.

Jerry Varghese, 29, who works in Bahrain and has recently had surgery
at the BDF Hospital, said he had to reach Cochin in Kerala by today for a medical appointment. “I have a tube sticking out of my stomach,” he
said.

Another passenger, who would not be named, said she had to be in
Mumbai by today for an examination.

Gulf Air officials could not be reached for comment. (as usual)

I wonder if they were put up in hotels or given cash-in-hand compensation?

behramjee
3rd Jul 2009, 01:48
These 30 pax should have been put on other airlines to BOM such as EK via DXB or GF/AI via DXB to avoid inconvenience and generate some positive goodwill/PR.

behramjee
3rd Jul 2009, 01:50
Let me think of few those few moments when his hands were not tied and the damage he inflicted on this airline:

1. He decides to replace 767 with 321 only later to find out that airplane is unable to fly a 3hrs30min sector with pax and the baggage.duh

I dont understand how this is possible with GF as many airlines use the A 321 on 5 hour long flights with a full payload of pax + cargo. How is it that GF can only use this aircraft on 3 and half hour missions?

boiler
3rd Jul 2009, 07:38
From what I understand, the GF A321s (formally RJ) do not have a center fuel tank. Hence it is limited in range (or so I have been told). Any GF guys to confirm?

ShirleyNot
3rd Jul 2009, 07:59
No thats bollox boiler, the GF 321s do have centre tanks.
Wings tanks approx 6080kg*2
Centre tank 6430kg
= total approx 18600kg.

Yo767
3rd Jul 2009, 11:59
Full pax load(170) + bags only (no cargo) + fuel to go to India from BAH (except BOM) = ATOW greater than MTOW

behramjee
3rd Jul 2009, 12:23
No thats bollox boiler, the GF 321s do have centre tanks.
Wings tanks approx 6080kg*2
Centre tank 6430kg
= total approx 18600kg.

then what seems to be the problem?

btw Ive flown GF's A 321 BAH-DXB in economy class in April and found the seating to be quite comfortable.

They use the A 321s on BAH-BOM, BAH-DEL, BAH-IRAN and BAH-DXB/DMM flights usually.

Also, I hope that this order for 20 A 333s made at Farnborough last year will not be entirely for A 333s as GF doesnt need such a big aircraft for many of its medium/long haul routes.

3 class A 333s are ideal to replace the A 343s / A 332s on LON (GF7/2 only), FRA (GF 16/17 only), CAI, JED, CDG (GF 18/19 only) and RUH only. Where as a 2 class A 332 (seating 260 passengers) is ideal for LHE, ISB, DAC, KTM, BKK, KUL, MNL, BOM, DEL, PEW, KHI flights.

Lets hope that the new CEO from RJ can bring in some positive development to the airline. One must have patience as it will take at least 2 years minimum to see the initial impact that his policies/decisions would have on the airline's overall performance and brand building.

Albergineman
3rd Jul 2009, 12:32
Could the Dash 8-Q400 and ERJ 195 be good options for short range ops like in RJA?

:confused:

ShirleyNot
3rd Jul 2009, 14:58
Dont think RJ thought the Q400 was that good an option as they got rid of them quite quickly, the E190 though maybe.....they just look very placky, but whatever works.

Che Guevara
3rd Jul 2009, 15:38
I dont understand how this is possible with GF as many airlines use the A 321 on 5 hour long flights with a full payload of pax + cargo. How is it that GF can only use this aircraft on 3 and half hour missions?

Because they went for the 'cheap' option of leasing 2 old retired RJ 321-100s. The range of the -100 is actually less than 320, however the new and improved 321-200s have more fuel carried in two optional ACTs. Their engines are also upgraded I believe.

The 100s had option of 'ACTs but the GF ones certainly don't have them installed. Of course the drawback with the ACTs is you loose cargo space...

WELCO
4th Jul 2009, 22:50
Congrats GF mates!

This is really amazing. The news about the newly appointed CEO has spread just like wild fires. For many good reasons, I can understand why this was not intended to be officially revealed to the media at this time at all. But after the info has leaked out into PPRuNe, top decision makers couldn't keep it for themselves any longer and were put under significant pressure to make the official announcement. So now I know for sure that you guys have played the influencer game in a way or another! AND YES, the guys in the pink palace and elsewhere up on the ladder follow the thread here regularly!

As the guys here have said earlier, GF needs every little ray of hope at this stage. And I believe that the new CEO has accepted the challenge. Let's be optimistic for a while!!

Right now, the debate is how would the guy run the place?! Is he going to work on his own or may be he is going to bring on his good fellows?!

flyby71
5th Jul 2009, 16:29
Not to go off the new CEO subject, but could someone please post F/O payscales with housing allowances.
Thanks and Congrats to all the GF pilots.

Sultan85
5th Jul 2009, 17:07
flyby71Not to go off the new CEO subject, but could someone please post F/O payscales with housing allowances.
Thanks and Congrats to all the GF pilots.

This subject have bean posted so many times, if you search you will find so many in pprune.

good luck:ok:

gilderoy lockhart
6th Jul 2009, 03:28
Didn't RJ just make a huge loss after some poor fuel hedging decisions under this CEO?

From AME info: May 2009

Following a poor first quarter Royal Jordanian's net loss has almost doubled to $12 million (JD8.5m) compared to a loss of $6.2m (JD4.4m) for the same period last year.

The loss was coupled with an 11% decrease in revenues to $174.9m (JD124m) from $194.6m (JD138m). The airline cited a decline in passenger numbers and cargo tonnage.

Yield per passenger also declined by 5% in the first quarter of 2009, compared to the same period of last year, as a result of the decrease in the demand on travel and the sharp competition the airline is facing with the full-service and the low-cost carriers.

Chief executive Samer Al Majali said that RJ aircraft carried 491,000 passengers compared to 553,000 passengers carried in the first quarter of last year. This represents a load factor of 62% compared to 68% last year. Cargo tonnage also decreased by 32%.

Icarus
6th Jul 2009, 08:29
I imagine the GF board would be ecstatic if they only lost US$12M in a quarter rather than (currently) just about evey week!

Che Guevara
6th Jul 2009, 11:55
Didn't RJ just make a huge loss after some poor fuel hedging decisions under this CEO?

Well, I seem to remember that Michael O'Leary got it wrong as well, does that make him a poor decision maker? Maybe it does in this respect, however like him or not, he has done, and is still doing a pretty good job with Ryan Air. In other words Mr. Majali certainly was not alone on the fuel hedging front, in fact wasn't BA in the same boat?

ironbutt57
7th Jul 2009, 00:40
So did Southwest...they all did..better luck playing "Uno" on facebook...

gilderoy lockhart
7th Jul 2009, 03:53
Oh I don't know, Air Arabia made record profits over the same period!

daviddea
7th Jul 2009, 06:49
Southwest pays corporate taxes Air Arabia does not please dont compare.

slowjet
8th Jul 2009, 14:45
Look guys, this extremely rich Saudi asked his three son's what they wanted for the rapidly approaching festive period. Number one asked for his own shop, so Dad bought him..........Harrods. Number two asked for his own, new trainset, so Dad bought him....Amtrack. Number three said that he still loved those ole black & white TV westerns, and, so, could he have a new Cowboy outfit (?). So, Dad bought him............GULFAIR !

ssflyer
8th Jul 2009, 16:36
Very, very old joke (still funny).
Last heard in the UK with cowboy outfit being AustinRover, and looked what happened to them!

uglyraedII
8th Jul 2009, 20:11
ummmmmm liked the joke but it took me some time to understand it!nice joke hope you have more:ok:

GAGing in Bahrain
9th Jul 2009, 07:36
You asked for it!

A Saudi, a Swiss and a Canadian were flying Business class to somewhere in Europe when someone asked the question:

"Is sex work or is it pleasure?"

The Canadian says "a bit of both, as you get out of it what you put into it"

The Swiss says "I think it is equal as well"

The Saudi says "you are both mistaken:=, it is most definitely all pleasure, as if it involved any work at all I would have a Indian doing it!":ok:

uglyraedII
10th Jul 2009, 22:01
lets get back to the topic.no matter what it takes GF should not give back their 777s.Trust me iv traveled in all of GFs aircraft and they all seem as if im traveling in a 3rd world airline.The thing which will put GF to the top again is giving gulf air a face lift.The service is exactly the same as emirates but he cabin not so much.(exaggerated about the 3rd world thing)The cabin seemed cleaner this month! ( as in the seats weren't that broken up)does that have to do with the new maintenance company?:confused:

EK2EYengineer
11th Jul 2009, 06:34
Absolutely not

concordino
11th Jul 2009, 08:07
Are the ILFC A330 airframes KG/KH/KI integrated and flying yet ?

I'd imagine they have new refurbished interiors, but so far,no trace of them airliner photography websites.

EK2EYengineer
11th Jul 2009, 08:14
All up & running but none of them have any new cabins only new cabin interior is on KJ and indeed is very nice.

stefan1138
11th Jul 2009, 08:24
I realized this also, no trace of the 4 new 330s on any airliner photgraphy site, which is a little strange... But maybe it is because at the destinations they fly to there are no spotters with camera (or maybe there they are not allowed)

Radar Contact
11th Jul 2009, 09:14
@stefan1138; Photography in Bahrain has become near impossible and the planes are deployed onto destinations that arrive very late or very early in the morning. KJ has the GF cabin while KG/KH/KI are still with the MEA design. KJ has the LCD screens in the cockpit but the others have the classic screen which I hate :)

Che Guevara
11th Jul 2009, 09:23
Photography in Bahrain has become near impossible and the planes are deployed onto destinations that arrive very late or very early in the morning

Apart from the fact that you can get arrested for taking photographs around the airports...it has happened. One wonders how the 'airshow' will play out.:ugh:

Radar Contact
11th Jul 2009, 09:37
@che; That's true, I heard there is no public viewing, you are either affiliated with aviation or no access. I take pictures near the runway but you need to be extra careful and choose the right time to take pictures.

Panama Jack
12th Jul 2009, 08:17
Apart from the fact that you can get arrested for taking photographs around the airports...it has happened.

That policy, the police uniforms, and the funky new taxis help give Bahrain a definate British-feel.

uglyraedII
12th Jul 2009, 13:01
some one yold me that Qantas canceled/delayed its delivery of the 787s so shouldn't GF take advantage of that?they should try to take their spot.Etihad cancelled their orders of the 340s shouldn't Gf try to take the spot?????there are many other airlines who are now thinking of canceling or postponing their deliveries .It would be wise of GF to negotiate with those airlines!Isn't any one aware of that??:ugh:oh well
So any one knows anything about the "new cabin"

Bombay HF
13th Jul 2009, 10:17
Abu Dhabi is one of the richest countries in the world and Qantas remains one of the most profitable airlines in the world...Do you really think GF knows something they don't?:ugh:

uglyraedII
13th Jul 2009, 18:06
i meant that GF should negotiate and take the spot for other airlines.They could get the new planes soon and get rid of the old 1s!
And also,James hogan chose the worst seats for Y class.Even though the J and F class had the most amazing seats (till 2 years ago)The seats are very depressing and why didnt the cabin of the other 340s didnt change??????:ugh:
u should read the reviews about GF!!!!!!its liek torture sitting on those old 340s!and the disconfigures 320s(becouse of the seats with weird color)

Sultan85
14th Jul 2009, 01:29
With all of my respect to you, I agree with your posts about the fleet conditions, but don’t forget the changes need some time and GF orders 15 A320 and 20 A330-300(which is the same is A340-300 in size) and 24 B787.
All of the above is really huge step in the right direction.

G.L:ok:

boiler
14th Jul 2009, 06:41
Obviously you have no idea how much it costs to upgrade each seat esp. in the premium section.

uglyraedII
14th Jul 2009, 14:18
listen i know that the government is like pumping money into the airline so it could come back into competition.BTW(by the way) I AM FULLY AWARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS and stuff.Clearly you people are not ummm... comfortable with me here becouse of my age:ok:

boiler
14th Jul 2009, 14:25
A child u are and a child you will always be. It was a dark day when the admins let you join pprune.

BDD
14th Jul 2009, 14:29
You should be out looking for girls instead of listing to a bunch of old men
talking about things you should not be concerned with at your age.
Go play some kind of sport, and take your frustrations about the cabin colors
out on your opponent.

uglyraedII
14th Jul 2009, 21:08
Ok listen people. i do have a life.I just go on the net like an hour on a day.And you meat heads are just threatened by me because of my age! you guys need some hobby's go out for a walk hope this freshens up your minds:ok:
Thank god im not like you! well im more subtle i guess! :cool:
Wow the flight attendants forum are way ummmmmmmmmm welcoming than you losers are ! ooooops i said to much:ok::)
BYE

Sultan85
15th Jul 2009, 03:14
BTW, I only noted your age now! ;)

boiler
15th Jul 2009, 04:01
Bye for good I hope. Turn your ugly head and never come back. Stay with flight attendants forum whom you love so much. Maybe you will get lucky with someone there.

Mike.Park
15th Jul 2009, 11:56
Gulf Air service to Iraq imminent

Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air can today announce that, following the completion of successful Government discussions last week, it intends to resume services to Iraq as soon as possible.

The decision to fly to Iraq follows the agreement made between the Governments of Bahrain and Iraq on 9th July, allowing the national carriers of the two countries to operate direct services between Bahrain and four cities in Iraq. A total of seven weekly flights have been authorised to operate from Bahrain to Baghdad and 12 weekly flights to Iraq's holy city of Najaf.

Talal Al Zain, Executive Chairman Gulf Air said: 'Gulf Air has one of the strongest, most connected networks across the Gulf and Middle East region and so the resumption of services to Iraq will further strengthen our reach. The commencement of our services to Iraq is still subject to Gulf Air safety audits which are currently taking place. However, it is our intention to operate services to Baghdad from September this year, and daily service to Najaf once the airport infrastructure there is in place. Both operations will use A320 narrow body aircraft at the initial stage.'
According to Iraqi officials approximately 25,000 visit visas were issued to Bahrainis last year .

Mr. Al Zain continued: 'There is clearly a demand for a direct service from Bahrain to Iraq and, in line with our commitment as the Kingdom's national carrier to serve the travel needs of the people of Bahrain, we are excited about the prospect of adding Iraq to the list of countries we serve.'

Gulf Air first started flying to Iraq's capital Baghdad over thirty years ago in 1976.

Source: AME (http://www.ameinfo.com/203922.html)

uglyraedII
15th Jul 2009, 13:29
Sounds risky to me! i wonder if people remember what happened to the DHL .
And the Iran air flight which was "mistakenly" shot downin the gulf war!:eek:

Panama Jack
15th Jul 2009, 14:16
I am sure (I am hoping) that the Company will have an open discussion with the crews they expect to operate into Iraq about the realities there.

Having said that, I think the situation has improved somewhat since the missle launch against the DHL A300.

The Iran Air A300, if it is the same one you are referring to, was shot down off the coast of the United Arab Emirates by a US Navy vessel. So your point is?

I will say that a few years ago a number of air crews were concerned about the possibility of somebody in Saudi Arabia sitting off the end of a desert runway with a MANPAD. While most MANPADs do not, by themselves, have the capability to bring down a large airliner, they have the capability to do massive damage. I remember reading that the USA and the Soviet Union handed out, like candy, about 1 million MANPADs to various armed groups that are still unaccounted for.

Che Guevara
15th Jul 2009, 16:33
Wish them all the best in crewing these flights! :=

Radar Contact
15th Jul 2009, 19:25
Exactly my thoughts - who is crazy enough of the boys here to operate into Iraq?

jetjockey737
16th Jul 2009, 06:01
If they rearrange my course that was cancelled earlier this year then I will do it!!!:eek:

Duh
16th Jul 2009, 12:23
Ahhhhhhh, there's always someone that wants to make "A Deal".
It's all about you man :}

uglyraedII
16th Jul 2009, 16:36
About the Iran air thing... it was shot down "mistakenly: by the US navy. isnt it possible that the incident could repeat? any way i know KSA and i guess the crime rate is as the same as a nursery school so there is no way that any one could shoot down a commercial jet:=

Panama Jack
16th Jul 2009, 18:15
uglyraedII

If you are talking about possibilities, sure, anything is possible. Given the tensions in the region and the amount of military equipment, all scenarios are possible, although you can be sure that the US Navy has learned a few lessons from the USS Vincennes incident and has additional procedures in place to prevent another incident that won't earn public-relations points.

Likewise in Saudi Arabia. While "crime" in the traditional sense of the word is relatively low, I recall a Saudi Arabia from just a few years ago where there were attacks on compounds, bombings and well-planned killings. Also recall a number of raids by Saudi security forces, which netted a number of weapons caches. Like anywhere, there is a very small fringe minority in Saudi Arabia who wish to make a statement through violence. Unfortunately, neighboring Yemen provides a ready market for a wide variety of impressive weaponry-- you have the cash, they have the gun.

If we are talking about likelihoods though, that is a completely different issue altogether. Personally, I would be more concerned with the possibility of a few guys with a MANPAD in the trunk of their car at the end of the runway, as was the case with the DHL accident, rather than being the mistaken target of the United States military. In any case, I understand the US military has been confined to barracks and as of the last few days, the Iraqis are running the show.

uglyraedII
16th Jul 2009, 21:13
wow somebody did their homework today! does royal Jordanian airline fly to Iraq as well? i heard some one talking about it. I agree with you about the Yemen part. Any one knows about the GF 320 crash? because i heard some weird rumors about it like the pilot was kinda drunk or something like that! so what was the real thing? i don't believe that the plane made a 90 degrees turn before it crashed .I hope you all know the reason why I dont believe the 90 degree turn part:hmm:

boiler
17th Jul 2009, 06:06
i have been following up what ever happened in gulf air ever since i was 9
Yeah and it shows. Come back when you grow up ugly and get your facts straight first. The least you could have done is research the accident on the web first before posting a stupid comment saying the 'pilot was kinda drunk'.

Spirit
17th Jul 2009, 09:06
I would suggest, Ugly, that you in future stick to posting on www.wprune.org (Wannabe Pilots Rumour Network:}), and leave this forum to the people, it was meant for.

Duh
17th Jul 2009, 12:32
He does make some really IGNORANT comments and posts. What a waste to the thread.

T O G A Boy
17th Jul 2009, 14:30
what wud u expect from an ignorant and arrogant kid. I just wish that the Mods could get him away from this site. Threads are going out of topic cause of this blabbermouth.

uglyraedII
17th Jul 2009, 16:16
BTW i did my research and they gave me 3 different causes of the accident which in this case was weird! nice joke about the www.wpprune.com took me a while to understand (lame) threatened by a 17 year old!
how low can you go!! I love the attention im getting.:ok:

jetjockey737
17th Jul 2009, 16:27
Duh

Ahhhhhhh, there's always someone that wants to make "A Deal".
It's all about you man

I was being sarcastic!!! Hence the EEK smilie!!

boiler
17th Jul 2009, 17:00
BTW i did my research and they gave me 3 different causes of the accident And prey tell which one of these claimed the pilot was kinda drunk?

And for crying out loud, stop this 'threatened by a 17 year old!' line you have to write with every post! As I said before, have something constructive and beneficial to say, if not, just shut up.

4HP/EGGW , is there no solution to this situation?

Che Guevara
17th Jul 2009, 17:31
is there no solution to this situation?

Yes, if we all ignore him he will disappear eventually.

Sultan85
17th Jul 2009, 21:16
I have 3 (( Nos )) for GF,

NO flying in days off.
NO discretion on FDTL.
NO IRAQ operations.

The last one is over my dead body!:=

good luck!

gf-jr
17th Jul 2009, 23:06
@ Sultan85
u need to add
No more raids on the retirement benefits, and the new management should consider giving back what was taken

uglyraedII
18th Jul 2009, 14:44
funny Sultan! the Kuwaitis in Kuwait airways get paid like hell! i don't know exactly how much if they pay their engineers ( if i did guess you guys would just start attacking me again because "you threatened by me":ok:) . But the poor airline didnt even get to confirm their orders!( becouse the goverment didnt approve it) nice move by the goverment i guess becouse the airline needs to be privatised! Atleaset GF is doing better than that Kuwait airways!

DesertHawk
19th Jul 2009, 10:33
u know whats funny no one ever says they actually agree with Baghdad ops. wierd if no one agrees in managment then how doe sit get done?? also who is the genious who thought wow lets operate into a country at war with great civil unrest. lol on second thought i know most of managment would not care cause they will NEVER operate the flight anyways!!!!!

Che Guevara
19th Jul 2009, 11:02
I'll tell you what's not so funny is that most countries still classify Iraq as a war zone and advise their citizens not to travel there. Furthermore, many of us have life insurance policies that specifically state that they are not valid under certain conditions, war zones being one. :uhoh:

Another issue is that RJ has been operating into there and making money at it, so....:hmm:

uglyraedII
19th Jul 2009, 13:54
I agree! i just had a crazy thought , Shouldnt GfF bring along a fighter jet:oh: itl cost millions i guess.If RJ goes there so there will be no problem for GF to fly there.I heard when ever theres ever a flight to Iraq it always get delayed for like 4 to 5 hrs(or somthing like that) so i think GF should have a spare plane (hopefully a 320)I wish the airline fly to JFK again like it did back in the day i still remeber that flight! That time the 340s were brand new!

fullforward
19th Jul 2009, 15:17
There's rumours GF will return 9W their B777 before the previously arranged date.

Mike.Park
19th Jul 2009, 21:43
Chris Ranganathan talks to CAT magazine. There's a nice write up.

CAT Magazine - 2009/3 (http://cat.texterity.com/cat/2009-3/?pg=8)

40&80
19th Jul 2009, 21:56
I see it mentions Rick James....whatever happened to him?

uglyraedII
20th Jul 2009, 04:58
i guess the rumors are true.The planes seem to be "a burden" on Gf with the cost and stuff!:rolleyes: Well the planes cabin is great and brand new .The 777 should temporarily replace the 340s.You know what could be a great thing ,that if GF converts the 340 into a cargo plane and stuff.As far as i know GF gets alot of cargo!

Mike.Park
20th Jul 2009, 12:30
Just found something quite amusing on the internet. An alternative GF logo maybe?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7910/goofair.jpg

Propellor
20th Jul 2009, 14:50
I liked the droppings - or is that where the flap fairing covers go, before being sealed by tape?

gulfairinsider
20th Jul 2009, 17:33
Guys listen to this joke i heard an SRT painter is been hired as gulf air cabin maintenance supervisor before it use to be Hi-Speed tape and now paint filler will be used to repair the seats & cabin

Che Guevara
20th Jul 2009, 17:58
RJ is not the only carrier operating there... many others do and make lots of $$$$.

You seem to be in the know, so what other reputable carriers are operating over there apart from RJ and Austrian?
Oh yes, apparently Kurdistan Airlines go there also....:D

Mike.Park
20th Jul 2009, 18:28
Gulf Air may see further restructuring

By Shuchita Kapur on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Embattled regional carrier Gulf Air may undergo another round of restructuring as it awaits the arrival of its new Chief Executive Samer Majali, Emirates Business has learnt.

There are talks that Bahrain's national carrier is currently seeking a restructuring advisor and might soon issue a tender in that regard, an industry expert told this paper on condition of anonymity. A Gulf Air spokesperson, however, declined to comment on the imminent restructuring citing the arrival of the new CEO.

"Whilst our primary concern is to provide as much clarification and support as possible for our customers and our employees at this time of change, until the new CEO has taken up his position and had a chance to review the future direction of the business, any further comment would be both inappropriate and premature at this stage of the process," he told this paper in an e-mailed response.

Samer Majali was not available for comment when this paper contacted him.

The Gulf Air office in Bahrain also refused to comment on any job cuts that may take place as part of a possible restructuring plan. Royal Jordanian Chief Executive Majali, who is expected to join Gulf Air next month, replaces Björn Näf, who quit earlier this year amid pressure from some of Bahrain's Members of Parliament, who had in June sent a letter to the airline's Chairman Talal Al Zain asking him to to oust the incumbent.

The airline, which was losing $1 million (Dh3.67m) a year until 2007, may also look at expediting the privatisation process as Majali, who oversaw Royal Jordanian's successful privatisation in 2007, is an experienced hand in such transformations.

Source: Business24-7 (http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2009/7/Pages/20072009/07212009_fb6d018d32d94e529fe5df12e1f7414a.aspx)

uglyraedII
20th Jul 2009, 21:47
oooooooh god another restructure program? well as i said a new CEO joins GF spends money on useless stuff and leaves! well that RJ CEO sounds idiotic!:oh:
he looks so typical.Hell just use GF like a tissue paper! just sneeze in to the tissue paper (GF) and throw it away!as usual:rolleyes:

Mephistopheles
20th Jul 2009, 22:58
I wouldn't hold your breath guys. Nothing ever changes here. Out with the old CEO in with the new but the problem remains-the board & goverment & the lack of real commitment & direction. It's always been the same Bahrain want to take the cheap way out but still want to hold their heads up high next to the other GCC boys. As long as we are still paid on time who gives a s***. I wish the new CEO well & I hope he reaps the rewards that all previous CEOs have availed themselves of.
p.s. Sami remember to keep the board sweet & your bank account will most definately show it.
Cue the signing of ex-RJ junk to join our fleet.

uglyraedII
21st Jul 2009, 22:42
well lets hope for the best for the airline!:ugh:Well hope has been lost to the hopeless:sad:

Mike.Park
21st Jul 2009, 22:45
What's this all about in the GDN today?

Gulf Air given preference over Air India?

Gulf Daily News » Local News » Airport misery for passengers (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=256046)

Desert Diner
21st Jul 2009, 22:54
The scheduled flight was due to take off from Doha at 5.40pm and arrive at 6.20pm, but as the plane taxied down the runway, officials revealed there was no landing space for the plane at the BIA.

The passengers on-board - believed to be around 20 - had to wait more than an hour before finally arriving in Bahrain at around 7.30pm.

50 minutes late?:eek:

20 pax :eek::eek:

uglyraedII
22nd Jul 2009, 09:47
Air India with 20 pax! impossible! there should be at least a hundred! At time GDN does spice up the story and stuff!wel Gf has nothing to do with it! but the airport does!

uglyraedII
24th Jul 2009, 17:14
maybe they got mixed up! 50 pax and 20 minutes late? Weird news!

WELCO
25th Jul 2009, 10:52
Good job, mods!

uglyraedII
26th Jul 2009, 10:01
i guess gulf air has stopped developing

Capt Hair Y Balls
26th Jul 2009, 17:00
GF stopped developing 20 years ago mate.

uglyraedII
26th Jul 2009, 21:32
um no! if the airline wasn't developing then why would they order 35 airbus aircraft's? the new "livery" and the new hanger .Its sad to see the airline with such status going down the tubes!hopefully it will jump right back up!:\

obsidian
27th Jul 2009, 13:31
i dont see us makin a big fuss about us holding overhead voci or vabb everytime we go there! i hope they do stop flyin here according to the article more paxs for us! like bia gives a rats ass about air india!:E they dont care about there own national airline!

uglyraedII
27th Jul 2009, 22:05
i guess Bahrain does care about the national airline.You guys are really being negative.The new livery,The new airplanes and the hanger. I guess it does show that the airline is doing pretty good!The only reason EK and QR are at the top is that the government wont stop supporting them.Hopefully gf will be doing pretty well soon!

Mike.Park
28th Jul 2009, 09:10
The new livery,The new airplanes and the hanger. I guess it does show that the airline is doing pretty good!

Do new colours and new shiny aircraft spell success?

The vast majority of us want to see one thing happen - for Gulf Air to return to financial profitability!!

uglyraedII
28th Jul 2009, 10:25
I know that! but i also want to see the airline gain its reputation back ! 99% of the Bahrain hate the airline and would "love to see it go down" because of its lousy service and the old airplanes! financial profitability is one thing but having the support from the country is vital!

Capt Hair Y Balls
29th Jul 2009, 19:58
My my what else will we see, coporate analysis from "Ugly Betty" :D

I have a suggestion; why don't you take your colouring book and magic markers and pi$$ off you little tosser

BAE146
31st Jul 2009, 10:09
Hear Hear Capt !

Mahmood Alsitri
31st Jul 2009, 13:37
99% of us hate Gulf Air ? :=

who are you to say this ? are you Bahraini ? Dont talk in our name please.

Most of the Bahraini people like Gulf Air,maybe we could criticize it in something but this doesnt mean that we hate it !!
It is The national carrier of our country and we love it !:ok:

Sal-e
31st Jul 2009, 14:34
I'm expat and I enjoy working for Gulf Air and living in Bahrain.

driftdown
1st Aug 2009, 16:32
I'm an expat, live in Bahrain and if possible will always fly GF around the Gulf. Where I have a say or can influence travel arrangements then I believe in supporting the country's national airline.

Panama Jack
1st Aug 2009, 19:55
Great to hear, thanks driftdown! I hope we will be able to keep your business in the years ahead. :ok:

Mike.Park
1st Aug 2009, 21:05
Gulf Air may modify Airbus parts

Posted on » Saturday, August 01, 2009

GULF AIR could modify the mechanics of some of its planes after airlines were ordered to replace speed probes on Airbus A330 and A340 jets linked to the loss of an Air France flight.

Officials yesterday said they would review the component requirements specified by manufacturers, following the death of 228 people on board an A330-200 that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in June this year.

The decision follows orders from plane manufacturer Airbus and the European Aviation Safety Agency, which said "pitot" speed monitors made by the European electronics giant Thales should be replaced by those of the US firm Goodrich.
Investigators believe false data from the speed monitors could have contributed to the crash of Flight 447 in the Atlantic on June 1 and airlines have already begun replacing the devices.

But recently an Airbus A320 plane equipped with new generation pitot probes made by Thales experienced a similar malfunction, causing pilots' unions to demand versions built by Goodrich.

A Gulf Air spokeswoman yesterday said the airline would fully co-operate with industry requirements.

"The safety of passengers is of utmost importance to Gulf Air and as part of our standard operating procedures we will review component requirements as specified by manufactures and regulators, and reconfigure as necessary," she said.
Air France has already confirmed it will comply with the decision and update its fleet.

Gulf Air last month urged passengers not to panic following a second incident involving an Airbus A330-200 in just over a week.
An A330-200 operated by JetStar had to make an emergency landing at the Guam International Airport last month after a fire broke out in the cockpit.
It was on its way from Osaka, Japan, to Coolangatta, Australia, with 200 people on board.

Radar Contact
2nd Aug 2009, 08:43
KD is back from C check in Singapore ;)

Panama Jack
2nd Aug 2009, 13:18
I hear through the grapevine that it's Samer Majalis' first official day at work at Gulf Air.

I hope he will continue the "Hello Gulf Air" weekly newsletter.

ODMEA
2nd Aug 2009, 16:12
Wish I still thought like you drift down, GF burnt me out being a loyal pax a while ago now. Not sure what, other than perhaps more direct flights, keeps you with GF considering they offer by far an inferior soft and hard product relatively.

Although if you're happy GF are lucky and should indeed appreciate your custom considering the perpetual purgatory in which GF exists; will Mr Majalis be the light at the end of GF's current darker than black tunnel?

Oddy.

Mike.Park
2nd Aug 2009, 22:39
Majali takes over as new Gulf Air chief executive

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=256814 (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=256814)

"Gulf Air has a great history and legacy that has made it the recognised and respected airline it is today," Mr Majali said.

"It has some tough challenges ahead, as does the entire airline industry, which is operating in difficult conditions at the moment.

"I am here to make sure that the direction the airline is heading in, and the decisions that are made, are right for Gulf Air and for the kingdom."

Desert Diner
2nd Aug 2009, 23:04
will Mr Majalis be the light at the end of GF's current darker than black tunnel?

More likely just another tunnel.

Mike.Park
3rd Aug 2009, 18:17
- MPs expect CEO to reduce losses by cutting costs

- MPs reject large-scale lay-offs of Bahrainis

- New CEO has experience in turning round state carrier

Interesting article in Reuters.
New Gulf Air CEO should cut costs, but no lay-offs-MPs | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSL361758820090803)

Spirit
3rd Aug 2009, 20:02
So how long is the lifespan of the new CEO predicted to be?

With the set of rules imposed on him by the various Members of the Board, his hands are already tied.

Gulf Air can not be profitable, and, simultaneously, be a social project for keeping local people out of unemployment.

Since nobody wants to make this unpopular decision, the CEO's will have to take the blame.

He wont last long, is my guess, two years at the most.

brassplate
4th Aug 2009, 00:48
ok. let's bet in months.

i'm giving him 28 months.

Duh
4th Aug 2009, 06:49
I thought I read he took the job on condition of 18 month contract :}

Panama Jack
4th Aug 2009, 07:03
A pretty sad state of a company, country and culture when a new, top-flying CEO arrives and:

1) employees take wagers on how many months he will last
2) the same go into a brace position until the storm brews over
3) the local politicos dress him up in a straight-jacket of preconditions and start second-guessing before anything has even happened.

God help you Mr. Majali! :sad:

T O G A Boy
4th Aug 2009, 07:56
well said Panama Jack

Radar Contact
4th Aug 2009, 08:25
Few months before he throws the towel me reckons :D

WELCO
4th Aug 2009, 12:45
It's amazing to see the number of psychic people here on the rise!

Don't you think it's too early to judge?!

Radar Contact
4th Aug 2009, 14:33
No but this reminds me of the ex Gulf Air CEO Andre Dose who quit after they started interfering in his work and telling him exactly what to do which of course he refused but Naf didn't

WELCO
4th Aug 2009, 16:28
How possibly you can be so sure that the same scenario is going to happen once again? You can barely detect the new guy's fingerprints on his disk!

Mike.Park
4th Aug 2009, 19:15
I hope the CEO emails everyone to introduce himself.

I still don't see how he could possibly cut costs without laying off staff.

brassplate
4th Aug 2009, 21:35
3) the local politicos dress him up in a straight-jacket of preconditions and start second-guessing before anything has even happened.

well said, panama jack.
IN A SINGLE SENTENCE, THE PROBLEM OF GF IS REVEALED.

UGLYRAEDIII
5th Aug 2009, 05:20
the good thing about this CEO is that he can speak arabic so the airline could directly communicate with the useless PMs..I hope they stop cutiing costs because the airline stinks compared to qatar airways!(just traveled that airline after a long time) oh one more thing..im back

Duh
5th Aug 2009, 05:47
Adding an idiot to the ignore list is becoming quicker n quicker. :}

UGLYRAEDIII
5th Aug 2009, 05:55
No comment(that was a comment) ignore me:ok:

Radar Contact
5th Aug 2009, 16:36
Gulf Air announces flight times to Iraq; Scary!! :}

GF200 BAH-BGW 0945-1130 13567 320
GF201 BGW-BAH 1245-1445 13567 320

:ugh::ugh:

Che Guevara
5th Aug 2009, 21:52
Gulf Air announces flight times to Iraq; Scary

Yep, this will be an interesting one to watch as it unfolds.:=

DesertHawk
6th Aug 2009, 13:40
I will also be interested to see how this goes. I wonder when ops management ensure our "safety" ,even though my government has told me to not travel there due to "extreme risks", if those same people will be willing to fly that route? On top of that typical for GF!!!!!

Mike.Park
6th Aug 2009, 14:04
Insurance premiums set to increase no doubt.

DesertHawk
7th Aug 2009, 02:05
JUST ANNOUNCED!!! Baghdad, Najaf and Erbil!!!! GF safety audit says they are all safe:ok: Interesting, just read 5 major government warnings specifically stating IMMINENT dangers if you travel there. Anyways guys what do u think? i guess they expect us all to get into line like slaves with total belief in there skills and understanding to protect us!!!!!! Anyways i am pist and wondering how u all feel?

Che Guevara
7th Aug 2009, 06:48
GF safety audit says they are all safe.

NO COMMENT

:rolleyes:

brassplate
7th Aug 2009, 09:47
woe to you if you're american and get shot down..and lived. next we'll see you is on cnn lynched, burnt, for your family to see. best you go sick if you're rostered on one of those flights.

Iraq (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_921.html)

....iraq remains dangerous and unpredictable

Travel Advice for Iraq - Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Iraq)

....attacks in advanced stages of planning....plus swine flu rampant

and the list of international warnings against travelling to iraq goes on..
my question is who does gulf air think they are to see beyond everyone else's recommendations and what study have they comprehensively done to assure us all the it will be a safe operation?

Sidestick Priority
7th Aug 2009, 10:05
To: GF Safety Audit Team,

How the audit was carry out and to what extend?

Despite all travel advisory to Iraq, it is amazing that the result of your audit found Iraq safe. Below is some of travel advisory given by several countries.

"This Travel Warning warns U.S. citizens of the current security situation and reiterates the dangers of the use of civilian aircraft and of road travel within Iraq."

"Iraq remains dangerous and unpredictable. Attacks against military and civilian targets throughout Iraq continue, including in the International (or "Green") Zone. Methods of attack have included roadside improvised explosive devices (IEDs), mortars and rockets, and human- and vehicle-borne IEDs. Travelers choosing to utilize commercial carriers to enter or depart Iraq should be aware that, although there have been no recent attacks on civilian aircraft, the potential threat still exists, as does the high risk to road transportation as described above."

"We strongly advise you not to travel to Iraq because of the extremely dangerous security situation and very high threat of terrorist attack. If you are in Iraq and are concerned for your safety, you should consider leaving."

"Terrorist attacks can occur at any time, anywhere in Iraq. We continue to receive reporting indicating that terrorists and anti-government forces are in the advanced stages of planning attacks against a range of targets, including places frequented by foreigners."

"Civilian and military aircraft are subject to attack from small arms fire and missiles."

"There is extreme risk to your safety in Iraq. We strongly advise against all travel to Iraq and New Zealanders there should depart.
The security situation is extremely dangerous.
Widespread violence and kidnappings continue in Iraq, especially in Baghdad, Basra and other urban areas. Many hostages have been killed or remain missing. Civilian vehicles and aircraft continue to be targeted. Baghdad is the major seat of the insurgency and is prey to intensive, ongoing violence. The international zone in Baghdad (the Green Zone) remains under threat and is subject to rocket and mortar attacks.
Presently, few commercial airlines use Baghdad International Airport. :{Flying by commercial aircraft in Iraq is not recommended as flights have been targeted.:{ The road to the airport is extremely dangerous as vehicles using it are frequently bombed or fired at."

GF Safety Audit Team must be a big joke. :=