PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Developments

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22

Che Guevara
14th Feb 2012, 16:55
However, new rules were welcomed by Bahraini Mr X who said that it was only fair that foreigners go through the same process of visa applications as Bahrainis do when they wish to travel abroad.
"It is a good idea, why should we have to pay so much and wait for a visa when people from the same country can enter Bahrain so easily,"

A dose of reality is needed here I think.
Business, banking and tourism are turning their backs, so we shoot ourselves in the foot, again. Yup, makes perfect sense to me.:ugh:

Just what GF needs right now, another nail.

samjetblaster
14th Feb 2012, 17:02
Cheers:ok:

buba
14th Feb 2012, 17:02
Welcome to the dark ages! I see this a big boost to the F1 if it ever happens this year.well the neighbours to the east welcome most visitors with open arms. This would only make it even harder for family and freinds to visit their relatives here. Sadly bahrain is grinding to a screeching halt :-(
P.s... The dude's comment at the end of the article.. A very disillusioned man indeed.

John21UK
14th Feb 2012, 18:09
Are those in power really that thick?

Airmann
15th Feb 2012, 05:45
Guys, you really don't know why they have changed the regulations. Don't listen to what they say, the real reason is that people with European/Canadian/US passports have been coming to Bahrain over the last year and helping the protestors, and they have been able to walk right. So they've basically closed this channel for everyone so now one has to go to a Bahraini Embassy and they can check your background thoroughly before you are given a visa.

Bahrain: Two American Citizens Arrested During Peaceful Protest (http://www.eurasiareview.com/12022012-bahrain-two-american-citizens-arrested-during-peaceful-protest/)

SCATANA
15th Feb 2012, 10:42
Airman you're 100% correct.

I think this will be a temporary thing like, gulp, the Iran-Iraq routes :ugh:

buba
15th Feb 2012, 11:16
But not all citizens of above mentioned countries come to bah for the sole reason of 'helping' protesters. The new procedure will make it harder for people abroad from conducting meetings in bah, such as expat bussiness representatives from neighbouring GCC. Not good for bah methinks.
So what will happen to people on a long transit or a misconnection who require hotel accomodation.. Will they be refused entry? And if given entry, that might defeat the purpose mentioned above?

mamamia
15th Feb 2012, 11:38
fresh news no more dual rating ,dual rating guys going back to minibus.
no more upgrades .no more hiring axing axing and axing

Business Suit Bree
15th Feb 2012, 12:19
Manipulative skills by Bahrainis I see...I don't believe the uprising has much to do with it.They just want other countries to provide special privileges fo rthe Maroon pasport holders.
But that should hit Gulf Air like a ton of bricks that is for sure <\3

jackx123
16th Feb 2012, 06:36
latest rumor from the pink palace is they are seeking DEC on C-208 due to a massive order from Cessna.

SubsonicMortal
16th Feb 2012, 07:28
I doubt many GF guys even know what a C-208 is...

ironbutt57
16th Feb 2012, 08:43
You're probably right:ok:

Captain Sensitive
16th Feb 2012, 13:44
I doubt many GF guys even know what a C-208 is...

Some of them don't even know which kind of aircraft they flew in the flight school just few months ago...

:{

mamamia
16th Feb 2012, 17:18
no the only people who knows are the managment :D

Che Guevara
17th Feb 2012, 04:06
It follows a call to ban alcohol by Mr. A S during parliament's weekly session on Tuesday, as well as Mr. A M claiming during a special extraordinary session yesterday that banning alcohol is more important than constitutional amendments.

So this is what all the bother is about. :ugh:

buba
17th Feb 2012, 06:17
Better polish off the rest of the alcho i got at home at the moment! Soon they'l be doin random house raids, confiscate your booze and you'l get flogged in public.
Whats next... Forced prayer. Indeed that was an extraordinary palimentary session. Will we hav to stop flying at prayer time, it seems only fair!
But i do agree... Alcho is the root cause of all evil.. Famine, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, ignorance... Wahahahaha!

jackx123
17th Feb 2012, 09:09
to put it in perspective.

bahrain is a pimple on earth's ass that as a country doesn't even qualify among the 400 companies in the world let alone countries.

The World's Biggest Public Companies (http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/#p_1_s_arank_All_All_All)

Now you have a bunch of unrealistic people who think they know everything from running a country to operating a so called airline. go figure

keep_smiling
17th Feb 2012, 09:37
Why dont you guys just go back to your country? And fly your country airlines, if you don't like what you are getting here, remember it was your choice to come live and work here and still is.
Stop blaming everyone for your current situation. No one is forcing you to accept anything you don't like.

jackx123
17th Feb 2012, 10:07
I did leave in 2008 and now work for a bigger and better thing BUT having spent over 10 years, of which the first three were probably the best in my life, I feel pity to see/hear things change for what it is. There are many reasons why I left.

I remember when you could swing by Traders (or any other hotel) during ramadan for an aperitif on the way home from BAH. not any more.

I remember when you wouldn't get your fingers chopped of in a village. not any more.

I remember when over 1,000 police officers weren't hospitalized. not any more.

I remember many other things that aren't today.

For a second to believe that bahrain is the greatest place on earth these days is a total misconception.

I have many friends working in saudi and chose to go to either DOH or DXB for some relaxation.

Godspeed.

keep_smiling
17th Feb 2012, 10:48
Ok, but also don't forget every part of the world have changed, nothing stays as we want. People change and some of them change in the wrong way.
I don't say Bahrain still is as it was, and what happened was bad. But which country doesn't have problems. Even if you went any part of any country in this world and entered a place and that was the wrong day, wrong time. Something bad could happen. Not all your fingers are same.
Like coupe days ago. A 14 years old girl been killed in a day time at a park in a European country, so would you want me to say that country is bad or as you said about Bahrain "pimple on earth's ass" cause you will hear almost everyday someone has been killed.
Also when there is a riot, there must be people get hospitalize, tell me a place where big riot happened and no one was hospitalized.
What is happening in Bahrain is bad but the people who running the country trying their best, but can't make everyone happy like what is happening in GF. So who isn't happy can look for somewhere to be happy as you did.

By the way, I don't work for GF and I'm not Bahraini.

buba
17th Feb 2012, 13:37
Makes sense:D

tankdrvr
17th Feb 2012, 16:30
@Jackx123

That has got to be the funniest post I have read. Both of them.

jackx123
17th Feb 2012, 22:06
latest update: the C-208 on order are now with winglets and free icepacks for the pink palace. Flak jacks are still under negotiation. Standard issue doesn't come with head scarf.

ps.@tankdrvr. I tried some rhyme but won't give up my daytime job.:E

showel
18th Feb 2012, 20:29
So guys, 6 destinations which will be shut we already know, any thoughts about the rest 9?:rolleyes: place your bets:E

buba
19th Feb 2012, 05:45
I heard ist, and pew might be axed, prob copenhagen, cmb aswel

buba
19th Feb 2012, 05:50
I reckon.. GF will forfeit a few routes that bahrain air might pick up.. Bahrain might end up with two sick airlines to worry about but that would keep the ignorant MPs quiet.. Yes quiet, fat and happy.

showel
19th Feb 2012, 06:08
Heard MNL and BKK might be axed also:sad:

Landflap
19th Feb 2012, 10:03
Keep smiling, I like your second post which shows greater maturity & balance than the first. You must understand that many people were extremely happy in Bahrain. Most have left & many are preparing to go. In life, if you can make the change, it is worth having a go. If we just accepted your philosophy of running away "if we don't like it", there would be no change & the bully boys would rule, rampantly. In Bahrain, the bully boys are going to win. There is, now, no hope. Very, very, sad.

jackx123
19th Feb 2012, 14:39
heard that Cessna will shortly be introducing C-208LR aircrafts (wait for comments) that can do BAH-BKK non-stop. GF will be launch customer.

jackx123
19th Feb 2012, 14:45
Redirect Notice (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=strange+aircraft+photos&start=224&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1281&bih=768&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=ISFiklp1NSUt4M:&imgrefurl=http://fungreedy.********.com/2009_06_01_archive.html&docid=HSxOBIetJ83ySM&imgurl=http://4.bp.********.com/_NGlbwmF2Lh4/SkooldyStvI/AAAAAAAADrA/D4sgrsH9kts/s400/01.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=shdBT9flB4f08QO0qtG4CA&zoom=1&chk=sbg)

buba
20th Feb 2012, 09:30
Or until the big players settle their differences. A freind says the F1 tkts are'nt on sale on the web. Saw a bunch of american/european pax waiting in line at arrival immigration havin a background check.

showel
20th Feb 2012, 11:44
We'll see some more resignations in next couple of months:E

EK opened doors for DECs http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/477731-open-flood-gates-ek-dec.html

John21UK
20th Feb 2012, 14:44
Talking about F1, noticed tickets are on sale now. Any discounts for Gulf Air employees?

John21UK
21st Feb 2012, 06:15
Interesting link here regarding the Omani goverment owing BD117M to Gulf Air. Gulf Daily News » Local News » BD117M DEBT (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=324167)

John21UK
21st Feb 2012, 06:18
Here we go. Now things get interesting...
Gulf Daily News » Local News » Support for national carrier urged (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=324186)

"The best must stay, whether Bahraini or expatriate, and the incompetent must go."

He also called for a purge of "incompetent" staff - whether Bahraini or expatriate.

showel
21st Feb 2012, 06:32
Bla Bla Bla again and again:ugh:
They still have not chosen the option to go with, cause the committee is also designed for someone to make money. As they were designed to make a decision and leave. Now it looks like they will stay for ....., everyone here wants a piece of a pie.:E

John21UK
21st Feb 2012, 06:43
More news: Gulf Air S12 Operation Changes as of 21FEB12 | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2012/02/21/gf-s12update2/)

mamamia
21st Feb 2012, 12:59
five tri/tre leaving to etihad one greek two bulgarain and sanjay and one more where losing talent here to etihad :ok:

Icarus
21st Feb 2012, 15:53
He also called for a purge of "incompetent" staff - whether Bahraini or expatriate.

Funny that, just as another batch thrown out last year start work (re-employemt) again next week!

jackx123
21st Feb 2012, 16:17
Operational change.

Introducing 5 daily GF 911: BAH-CPR

EKCH2730
21st Feb 2012, 19:01
Copenhagen to go daily from 1st of June with 737-700. Change to A320 from start of October.

Source (sorry in Danish only):
Gulf Air udvider København til daglige flyvninger fra juni måned - CPHTraveller.dk (http://cphtraveller.dk/nyheder/gulf-air-udvider-kobenhavn-til-daglige-flyvninger-fra-juni-maned)

mamamia
22nd Feb 2012, 04:38
(tall dark and handsom) flight manager seen in the uk with his mistress

John21UK
22nd Feb 2012, 07:41
On a side note, by Jun/Jul FRA and CDG routes will be increased from 7xw to 11xw and 10xw......on board A320 iso A332.

In this way only LHR gets GF's widebody in Europe since CDG (A320), FCO (A320), FRA (A320), LCA (A319/E90), CPH (B737), IST (A319) will be served with narrow.

showel
22nd Feb 2012, 08:47
Are those going to be increase the same way as Milan was increased about a month ago???:E:}

mamamia
22nd Feb 2012, 09:14
Gulf air getting 400million bds from the goverment big news

John21UK
22nd Feb 2012, 09:30
Isn't that the 2010 injection that just got the official approval, but has already been spend? (on a HQ refurb...)

jackx123
22nd Feb 2012, 14:49
Any news about gulf air?:E

John21UK
22nd Feb 2012, 16:11
Since FEB20th Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company is now the sole owner of Gulf Air. Any ideas about implications this might have, if any?

jackx123
22nd Feb 2012, 16:49
NONE what so ever.

40&80
22nd Feb 2012, 19:56
Does anyone think it could mean somebody just took your indemnity?

jackx123
23rd Feb 2012, 10:01
GF is a pure comedy show and when you arrive you have to sit an exam. It's called the clown test.

Unfortunately there are no pills to cure cretinotitis, so the show will continue for the next 10,000 years.

Dessert Aviator
23rd Feb 2012, 12:30
Having left GF and BAH in the middle of 2011 it is very sad to read the nature of the current posts on this thread. I put in nearly eighteen years as a Captain and experienced alot of good times.
I expect all those who can leave will for a better and more challenging future flying bigger and better aircraft to more interesting routes.:sad:

slowjet
23rd Feb 2012, 13:25
"Tall dark & handsom"............thought all the Brits had left years ago ! But, DESSERT AVIATOR, here here. Cripes, after 18 years, you only JUST qualify for reduced staff travel benefits ! The nervous hilarity of recent posts serves to illustrate what a great bunch we professional pilots are. Facing doom & gloom, we still manage a laugh here and there. Humour got me through 3 spells of redundancy. Keep laughing guys & laugh out even louder when you get your seats back in better jets, better colours, better management, better routes. Move quickly if you are to protect your indeminities though. 40&80 got that right too. Guys looking at these pickings are already in the Mercedes showrooms !

jackx123
23rd Feb 2012, 15:18
Saleh and M'd Fakhre

Gulf Air Pilot Training - 1980s - YouTube

JC Black
25th Feb 2012, 08:14
Does anyone know what the latest is regarding the Embraer fleet? Reduction or expansion???

Gordomac
25th Feb 2012, 10:10
Aaaaah, sweet nostalgia. Great Video. Where did they get that super 737 CPR ? Did mine in a carboard cut-out with a few dummy switches at Crawley (referring to the cockpit switches & not the instructors). A few familiar faces too. How come Mahmoud Alansari never aged ? With his Training hat on, the best in the business. With his Examiner's hat on.....I am told, to be feared. I was lucky to be assigned to his care on the A340 conversion & would not have made it but for his expertise. Echoing other sentiments; great flying with you all chaps & thanks for all the fun too .

Gordomac
25th Feb 2012, 10:17
Aaaaaah, the sweet nostalgia. Great Video bringing back some fond memories. Where did they get that fabbo 737 CPR from ? Did mine in a cardboard cut out with a few dummy switches in Crawley (referring to the CPR switches & not the instructors ) ! And, how come Mahmoud Alansari looks like he has never aged ? With his Training hat on, one of the best in the business. With his Checkers hat on..to be feared, I am told. Didn't see that side of him and he was highly instrumental in my converting from years of Boeings to the mighty A340. Thanks guys for some memorable flying days.

Gordomac
25th Feb 2012, 10:20
Ooops, crashed before I could stop hitting the submit button. See guys, somethings never change." insert, insert..execute, execute..why did you do that ? Hit Toga ! Aaaaah, idiot from the Boeing fleet..........aaaaah watch your heading !" It's all coming back !

John21UK
25th Feb 2012, 18:07
A321 update.

Gulf Air to Start Airbus A321 Operation from May 2012 | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2012/02/25/gf-321-may12/)

thicoo
25th Feb 2012, 19:22
A321 update.

Gulf Air to Start Airbus A321 Operation from May 2012 | Airline Route

Aren't they running out of cash?...:ugh:

MaffiFaloos
26th Feb 2012, 09:30
Three days to go before the end of the month and still no roster for March?? What a complete shambles stumbling from disaster to disaster. Could poor old GF get it more wrong. All very sad and depressing.

John21UK
26th Feb 2012, 09:43
They announce it was going to be released on the 26th a while back didn't they...

AeroForce
26th Feb 2012, 10:29
Let's hope that's the only thing that's late this month.

Oh and John, at least they announced that it was going to be late as they normally don't bother, they just always publish late. Maybe because it's extra late this time. :D

Can't remember the day we actually had the schedule on time. :ugh:

ironbutt57
26th Feb 2012, 11:28
The rosters can only be published when crew planning receives the info from commercial planning, simple really

Captain Sensitive
26th Feb 2012, 13:57
Aren't they running out of cash?...

GF's just received 80 million dinars this week... :ok:

John21UK
26th Feb 2012, 14:11
From who and why? Not that I'm complaining though...

Mephistopheles
26th Feb 2012, 15:30
And still no roster. I guess the 26th isn't over until midnight then, but the question is which one? Local, GMT or one of the Canadian Time zones???

Mephistopheles
26th Feb 2012, 15:33
One thing for sure is that Nasser, Hasan & the rest of the chump change that call themselves "managers" know what their rosters are next month but you & I, well, That's a different story. We're just not important.

Tziganul
26th Feb 2012, 18:23
WHERE IS MY ......... ROSTER!!!!! WHY CAN'T I DESERVE TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE!? IS IT ONLY YOU THE ALL MIGHTY POWERFUL THAT ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE A ROSTER? AND NO! I DO WANT A ROSTER NOT A ..... JOB! I WANT A LIFE! A LIFE! D..... IT!

SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!

ah that felt a lot better. now i can go to bed knowing that tomorrow nothing will change. still, felt great to vent. I love you GFA! Don't ever change!

my salami, your salami, our salami!

buba
26th Feb 2012, 19:39
'professional' pilot moaning network more like it.. Lol. If it aint out today it will be out mañana, if not then pasado mañana. In the mean time another day another dollar.

DesertHawk
26th Feb 2012, 20:04
Hey IB,
I don't think people are pointing their fingers only at crew planning but at the system as a whole. The fact our rosters are not out after the total shambles this month is like pouring salt in an open wound. The Crew Planning department is a very easy target which does deserve some blame indeed, in the grand scheme it has been this way for so long because no one including our pilots, who still work on days off for a couple extra bucks, have stood up and said this is enough. Sadly enough, the next 6 months will be exciting but unfortunately the battle is over. No matter how they decide to do a temporary fix Gf will surely be in a similar position in the near future and most if not all qualified drivers are looking now or will be looking as we all know more of the same is about to come. Great place, great times but absolutely no progress in the pink palace in years:(:ok:

ironbutt57
26th Feb 2012, 23:39
Yah go ahead and jump on IB, no worries, life's a bitch, I'll publish my roster so nobody can accuse me of favoritism...if it gets published ...haha...been living the airline dream 30+ years, wish I went to law school, pay is in the bank, so live the dream, get paid, what more can we do???:{

DesertHawk
27th Feb 2012, 05:52
Hey IB was not attacking u at all. Please read back my last posts.

ironbutt57
27th Feb 2012, 05:57
Not you 'Hawk, just anticipating the usual from others...:p

showel
27th Feb 2012, 09:08
Olbie,
Main thing in your post is "on a number of regional routes":E:)

Captain Sensitive
27th Feb 2012, 10:06
By the end of the year all of the A321's interiors will need a renewal...

buba
27th Feb 2012, 22:54
Interesting.. Could GF be heading the same way.. Into the private sector?...be interesting to see who the nxt CEO is.

mamamia
28th Feb 2012, 12:05
Today emirates anounced its taking direct entery captains on a330/b777 requirement is 7000 hours total experience with 3000hours command experience its official and its on emirates airline website

showel
28th Feb 2012, 14:53
miamama,

It was announced about a week ago and appeared on their website yesterday;)

John21UK
29th Feb 2012, 07:07
Gulf Daily News » Local News » Push for report by airline is blocked (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=324793)

...MPs to demand the immediate sacking and replacement of Gulf Air's board...

buba
29th Feb 2012, 08:56
Been here for 20 years and seen this kind of drama over and over. GF wont be dissolved, wont be sold, and we'll still get paid on time. As for its glorious days, thats history..
The MPs no nothing about economics and the shura answer to higher powers.. And the show must go on. Nough said.

Falcon1313
29th Feb 2012, 15:28
If GF don't improve how trait crew in terms of duty periods, soon will face a massive resignation of people specially Flight Deck...

WELCO
29th Feb 2012, 23:01
@buba

With all my respect to your long years of experience here, this time it's different. For more than half of your time here, it was another company than the one we are talking about now. I've been mostly very optimistic and I wish you will be right, but I don't think so this time!:suspect:

Good luck.

buba
1st Mar 2012, 01:04
Well then, for everybodys' sake, just lets hope am right for once lol..

mickeydazzler
1st Mar 2012, 08:25
just come here ...stop whining
you children EK EY

who is staying to save the boat ?

mad people

WELCO
1st Mar 2012, 09:52
The boat is not going to sink, or at least this is what the "decision makers" are trying to prove. However, the boat is too tight now to accommodate everyone on board. Locals should do their bit, and expats should never be blamed for making a move!

Icarus
1st Mar 2012, 12:17
Passenger Traffic Continues to Rise, Cargo Remains in Doldrums

Geneva - The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced global traffic results for January...

Middle East airlines recorded double-digit traffic growth in January, posting a 14.5% increase. This was by far the largest rate of growth for any region and represents a return to the rates experienced in 2010. Capacity rose 10.6%. Load factor climbed 2.7 points to 78.5%, among the highest of the regions.

With all that going on, one has to ask why Gulf Air "are not getting a bite at the cherry."

Maybe this will help appease employees,

The Bottom Line
The aviation industry is a catalyst for economic growth. Governments should keep this in mind in their policy initiatives. Measures to boost competitiveness—not taxes or restrictions—are immediately needed, along with a long-term vision to support sustainable economic growth through much needed infrastructure investments.

ironbutt57
1st Mar 2012, 12:38
"[I] long-term vision to support sustainable economic growth through much needed infrastructure investments."/I]

Hmmmmmmmm.....:cool:

John21UK
1st Mar 2012, 12:41
That last sentence got my attention. Have a look around the gulf, at say at 1hr flying distance. Just to name a few; Kuwait, Doha, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Dubai are all getting either a new airport, additional runway, new terminal(s) etc. And Bahrain...? Ah yes of course, I forgot, we get a massive increase in Premium car park space infront of the terminal. You know, the one that is always full. :ugh:

ironbutt57
1st Mar 2012, 12:45
Long term vision was also interesting...

DesertHawk
1st Mar 2012, 13:20
Mickey and welco are hitting the nail on the head. Sad but at this point anyone with the experience to move to EK will probably move if they are not close to their retirement. Even if we pull our socks up and stabilize it is only a matter of time before most EXpats move on the a stable airline/country/roster. We all sound like broken records, as a very experienced capt pnce told me. GF is simple.....it continues to do the same thing for past 25 years and wonders why nothing changes!:ok:

jackx123
1st Mar 2012, 18:25
the reason why it's called long term vision at GF is because ...... the size of the nose

buba
3rd Mar 2012, 04:54
Heard mumtalakat and everything it owns has changed hands

showel
3rd Mar 2012, 05:48
So buba, who owns it now?:rolleyes::E

buba
3rd Mar 2012, 11:51
The big kahuna.. The man whose face is on every badge worn around town. Sorry for the code dont wanna drag this into a political debate..

showel
3rd Mar 2012, 14:11
:}:D Wow, so in this case who owned it before????? :E

mamamia
3rd Mar 2012, 15:42
It doesnot matters whats happening with gulf air all it matters is that things will change losing 7 instructors pilot to EK ETIHAD and Qatar

buba
4th Mar 2012, 06:42
@showel...another big kahuna.. The number 2 man.

theodoremd83
6th Mar 2012, 16:29
hallo everyone
i was supposed to join gulf air on the 6th of february but as i was packing my things i received an email stating that all direct entry pilots have been put on hold until further notice. The thing is that i had already resighned from my previous company and iam currently with no job :ugh:. Does anyone knows something about this development?
No email from gulf air since that day.
Thank you.

Captain Sensitive
7th Mar 2012, 10:41
theodoremd83, this is the Gulf Air's way of management, must issues are dealt via e-mail at the very last minute.
As said, in different words, in the last management's e-mail: ... we don't know what is going on and we also don't know what is going to happen with Gulf Air... so, please keep believing on us..."

Hope you get your job back or in a different airline in the ME...

Sad, but true.

DesertHawk
7th Mar 2012, 13:47
SO. True. Makes me giggle how they always wing about how pilots leave and so on.....WAKE up look in the mirror boys. Md83 is a person with bills a mortgage a family kids etc. For some reason GF has always been able to put there head in the sand when it comes to issues they screw u on.

NAS is a great guy but reading that email i started giggling. Why say anything at all? I mean if u don't want us to listen to rumours then don't produce an official letter that is ambiguous and tell us later u may be fXXOOed:) :ok:

Mephistopheles
8th Mar 2012, 06:00
Salami's email was nothing short of a confirmation that things are worse than bad at GF. I can bet you he already has he next job in Oman Air lined up. GF mis-management has now surpassed the level of "legendary" & they think a few words begging for "patience" will stem the brain drain? Get ready for the rush for the exits, but please give priority for managment to leave first. What really impresses me is the level of arrogance/ignorance shown by the COO that he thinks his sparce kind words will stop people leaving.

WELCO
8th Mar 2012, 08:22
Salami's email was nothing short of a confirmation that things are worse than bad at GF

Lots of people realized this for quite a while but they kept ignoring the facts and lived in complete denial. Now they tacitly continue doing their work and hoping it's not their last day.. or sometimes they hope it is!

What really impresses me is the level of arrogance/ignorance shown by the COO that he thinks his sparse kind words will stop people leaving.

Did GF ever fail to impress?!:rolleyes:

theodoremd83
8th Mar 2012, 09:11
Thank you guys for the feed back, just one question since i already have a signed contract with GF on my hands together with the working visa they ve send me would it be possible to go against them in the courts of law and win this one or it would be a tottaly waste of time and money?
Do you know of similar cases and what was the outcome?
Thank you very much for helping me to short this one out.

Albergineman
8th Mar 2012, 09:33
Forget it, this is a different world!

:ugh:

wadefac
8th Mar 2012, 22:04
It will put in a drawer and if u live 10,000 years it MAY go to court :ugh:

theodoremd83
9th Mar 2012, 11:46
Copy that thanks guys.

buba
12th Mar 2012, 10:01
Seen the ads on the way to work.. 11 flights a week to fra, 10 to cdg, 56 to dxb. The ground staff at cdg says fra and cdg will be served by the new sleeper 321.
Heard kul might remain with schedule increase.

John21UK
12th Mar 2012, 12:19
Indeed. But will they actually be on 321 or on new 320's. Looking at the destination list for the 321's both FRA and CDG are not on there. This was previously published...

On a side note, by Jun/Jul FRA and CDG routes will be increased from 7xw to 11xw and 10xw......on board A320 iso A332.

In this way only LHR gets GF's widebody in Europe since CDG (A320), FCO (A320), FRA (A320), LCA (A319/E90), CPH (B737), IST (A319) will be served with narrow.

When is the first 321 to arrive? Noticed some pix from XFW dating mid FEB.
So will they be getting some 320's with sleeper config soon, or how are they gonna do it?

P.S. How many DXB flight are there currently to DXB per week? Are they increasing again?

buba
12th Mar 2012, 12:36
321 are meant to show up this month. Dubai usually has anywhere between 6 to 7 flights depending on the day off the week. Thats all about i heard.

buba
13th Mar 2012, 04:52
A9CCA 321 leavin hamburg and arriving in touluse on 16th.

mamamia
13th Mar 2012, 22:01
The question who is going to pick the a321
who is going
who is coming and why the tri/tre are leaving and whats going to happen and why our 10 years tickets are gone
to many question no answers got to speak to whom

thank a million

Mephistopheles
14th Mar 2012, 19:20
GF has sunk to an all time new low & it will never recover. Only thing keeping me lapping up this s*** is that my family are very happy here. The minute that changes the CVs will start flying around. For any would be new joiners,believe me they will have to start hiring soon, think long & hard. GF has next to almost no future & if most guys are like me they are just waiting for the nudge from their families to move on. Good luck.

Captain Sensitive
15th Mar 2012, 07:54
The current situation is so bad; the moral has reached an unthinkable low level that pilots are seriously considering moving to QR...

buba
15th Mar 2012, 17:18
Interesting article in the rag today.. Parlaiment will only approve a bd 600 million dinar bailout over a period off 3 years if GF is willing to do drastic changes in the middle and upper management and tackle corruption. Its in al ayam newspaper..its in arabic but thats the jist of the article am told.

Che Guevara
15th Mar 2012, 18:18
Corruption? What corruption?

Captain Sensitive
15th Mar 2012, 19:49
Corruption in GF is 3D... it is gonna be difficult!

Sandy Swan
15th Mar 2012, 20:06
Capt Sensitive
QR is a better airline than GF ever was.
Cheers.

buba
15th Mar 2012, 22:56
Well lets see what comes out of it.. On a lighter note, we made top 3 on time performance in the mena region..atleast i wont have to wait for punters to clamber on.

slowjet
15th Mar 2012, 23:15
Buba. Turn the lights off pleeeze. Looks like you are the last to leave. All the others are well into the new SOP's. Save Or Perish !!

ozzi osborne
15th Mar 2012, 23:23
Gulf Air can only get better. The biusness model that Majali is trying to succeed makes a lot of sense. It's different from Qatar, Etihad or Emirates. I know that lots of Gulfair Pilots applied to these companies. The main reason is job security, better routes and maybe a better schedule, however everybody love Bahrain lifestyle and deep down everybody wants to stay. The only thing I wish for is an answer - what's the plan.. Maybe this article will give us some hope of what is happening.

Bahrain Ministers Want Aid For Gulf Air
March 15, 2012
Two Bahraini government ministers have called on the kingdom's government to inject BHD664 million dinar (USD$1.76 billion) into struggling national carrier Gulf Air to help it overcome challenges.

In a meeting, finance minister Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed al-Khalifa and transport minister Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed said the government should support Gulf Air and approve a bill for the 2012 fiscal budget year to boost the airline's capital.

"Leaving the company Gulf Air without radical and critical action and positive support would be a direct threat to its ability to survive and overcome the enormous challenges it faces at present," the ministers were quoted as saying.

The ministers also said Gulf Air was a backbone of the national economy through its role in linking Bahrain to other countries and providing jobs.

Gulf Air has been hit by falling passenger numbers as anti-government protests continue in the tiny island kingdom. It said in January it would downsize operations and seek cash from government funds to sustain operations.

The airline also said previously it could tap Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat, which is a stakeholder.

In January, a government delegation briefed parliament and called for a restructuring of the company for "effective operational requirements".

Last month, Gulf Air secured an USD$80 million loan from a unit of Dubai lender Mashreq Bank to help meet working capital requirements.

Its plight is in contrast to Middle East competitors such as Etihad, Qatar Airways and Dubai-based Emirates which have been expanding their networks.

Bahrain, a regional offshore banking hub, has been hit by more than a year of unrest after majority Shi'ite Muslims, inspired by the Arab Spring uprisings, launched a pro-democracy movement which was put down by the government with the help of forces from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

(Reuters)

showel
16th Mar 2012, 06:04
MANAMA: Bahrain's National Assembly has been urged to sanction a BD664.3 million payment to help ensure the survival of national carrier Gulf Air.

The funding should be taken from this year's national budget, said Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa and Transportation Minister Kamal Ahmed yesterday.

The call was made during a meeting between parliament and Shura Council members to discuss the challenges facing Gulf Air and its technical, administrative and financial status. The Cabinet ministers said legislators must move fast to ensure the airline survives and is able to overcome the massive losses that have dogged it for several years.

The government is discussing four options, including dissolving the airline, selling it off and launching a new carrier, downsizing or allowing it to continue in its current form.

The ministers said an accumulation of local, regional and international factors had affected the airline's performance and pledged to co-operate with parliament and come up with the best strategy for the company and Bahrain's economy. They also highlighted the airline's role in connecting Bahrain with the world and employment opportunities it offers the national workforce.

Gulf Air, meanwhile, dismissed reports that its chief executive Samer Majali had resigned. It said in a statement that he was still leading the airline and any comments to the contrary were untrue.

buba
16th Mar 2012, 06:25
@showel.. Most propably.. I aint worried about anythin.. If the **** hits the fan therz more than enough jobs floating out there.. For the time being am hangin about...

showel
16th Mar 2012, 07:03
Buba, i do not have anything against you:O:O:O
P.S. if you are below me in seniority :E

AeroForce
16th Mar 2012, 08:52
@ Sandy Swan,

Better airline? Maybe, let's put it in perspective.

Job security, definitely!
Finance, with the back up of the Qatar gas fields, most certainly!
Product quality, nothing to complain about.

Now, the most important one for any employee:

QUALITY OF LIFE, Bahrain and Gulf Air still a million times better.
At least we are not being ruled by a dictator that treats all the employees as slaves. That's why QR still can't keep pilots after the payrise, let's see how many will head of to EK and EY.

buba
16th Mar 2012, 10:26
@showel.. If your looking at the seniority list upside down propably yes.. Lol, no hard feelings mate.

showel
16th Mar 2012, 11:02
buba, no offense, just said that i do not care whether you leave or stay if you are less senior, otherwise i care:E:}

SCATANA
16th Mar 2012, 12:51
@ Sandy: "QR is a better airline than GF ever was".

Heard a poor A320/A330 chap who left GF recently for DEC at QR was sacked by QR with no reason given. Just "order from higher authority". :ugh:

At least if someone gets sacked in GF, a reason is always given.

Judging from your comment you're either young or haven't been in the gulf long enough.

More A/C and Destinations =/= Better airline than GF ever was.

John21UK
16th Mar 2012, 13:27
As expected;

Source: Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net//?s=Gulf+Air+)

Gulf Air Enhancing European Operation from June*2012
by JL
Update at 0840GMT 16MAR12

Gulf Air in Summer 2012 is enhancing its European operation, with additional frequencies and improved inflight product being implemented starting June 2012. Details as follows:

Airbus A320
Premium Configuration of A320 features 14 Business Class flat-bed seats and 96 Economy Class Seats
Onboard wi-fi will be gradually introduced on A320 aircraft

Bahrain – Copenhagen
eff 01JUN12 Service Increases from 5 weekly to Daily
eff 01OCT12 2-class Premium Airbus A320 aircraft replaces existing Boeing 737-700 by PrivatAir

GF027 BAH0140 – 0700CPH 320 x256
GF033 BAH1015 – 1535CPH 320 256

GF026 CPH1115 – 1815BAH 320 x256
GF032 CPH1635 – 2335BAH 320 256

Service until 30SEP12 operates with 737-700

Bahrain – Frankfurt
25MAR12 – 31MAY12 2 of 7 weekly (Day 24) service operates with PrivatAir Boeing 737-700, replaces A330-200
01JUN12 – 30JUN12 2-class Premium Airbus A320 aircraft replaces 737-700/A330-200, Daily service
eff 01JUL12 Service increases from Daily to 11 weekly

GF017 BAH0120 – 0640FRA 320 D
GF013 BAH1000 – 1520FRA 320 x134

GF016 FRA1130 – 1825BAH 320 D
GF012 FRA1620 – 2315BAH 320 x134

Bahrain – Paris CDG
01JUN12 – 30JUN12 2-class Premium Airbus A320 aircraft replaces A330-200, Daily service
eff 01JUL12 Service increases from Daily to 10 weekly

GF019 BAH0135 – 0725CDG 320 D
GF015 BAH0935 – 1525CDG 320 346

GF018 CDG1120 – 1835BAH 320 D
GF014 CDG1625 – 2340BAH 320 346

Bahrain – Rome
Premium Airbus A320 aircraft enters operation from 01JUL12, 4 times a week

---

Gulf Air Increases Madinah Service from mid-May*2012
by JL
Update at 0905GMT 16MAR12

Gulf Air from 19MAY12 is increasing Bahrain – Madinah service, where the airline is adding 6th weekly service on this route. New flight operates on Saturdays.

Operational schedule:

GF177 BAH0125 – 0330MED 319 47
GF175 BAH1010 – 1215MED 320 x247

GF178 MED0415 – 0610BAH 319 47
GF176 MED1300 – 1455BAH 320 x247

showel
16th Mar 2012, 14:30
340s are gone, so now we will lose some 330s from Jun:rolleyes::hmm:

John21UK
16th Mar 2012, 15:14
Have they actually been sold or are they going to the scrappers? I guess running and maintaining these old birds in this day and age is just too much to ask. Sad to see another operator ditch their a340's. My first flight ever with Gulf Air was on a 340, many moons ago.

MikeAlpha7
16th Mar 2012, 16:06
According to Al Wasat newspaper , on Thursday (Frontpage) quoting GF CEO Samer Al Majali "I have tendered my resignation in February , but the government of Bahrain has not responded to it."

This is the first official confirmation of Al Majali's resignation which refutes the official GF repeated insistence that their CEO has not resigned.
Interestingly enough . Al Majali said that he has no information about the so-called Management re-structuring nor about routes re-structures!

Insiders claim that the government is in real dilemma with the frustrated Al Majali's resignation. The Jordanian has openly blamed the government policies for the crises situation of the airline. The closing of high yield profitable routes , sacking of senior staff , political interference in the company including appointment of personnel not competent for the jobs , have all lead Al majali to give up and finally submit his reignation. The current no 2 in GF , Maher Al Mussalam ( one of the people that the CEO is complaining about) is not considered to be fit to lead the company even on temporary basis. However , the ex-military man has lots of clout in the hierarchy and could get the job despite his poor performance and military style management.

The Parliament is insisting on a clean up of GF specially the Middle and Higher management. There is also a lot of concern by several MP's that contracts are awarded without going through the proper procedures. Although GF is supposed to be under the authority of the government Tender Board , it is believed that many contracts with service providers ( like local landlords) have failed to meet the government strict criteria , yet somehow the contracts were awarded regardless.

Some MP's have been critical of GF Early retirement schemes and called for scrapping such a scheme immidiately. The Salfi group of MP are demanding a drastic reduction of Expatriates.

Neither the Minster of Finance nor the Transport Minister have a clear plan on how would the aid package demanded ( 660 Million BD) ensure the survival of the Airline leading the MP's to suspect that this financial support request would not be the last one from the Airline management.

Unconfirmed news: State of Qatar has dismissed any interest in buying Gulf Air.

sondbird101
16th Mar 2012, 19:54
What a shame. A CEO who can not leave. A number 2 who is deemed incompetent. Inexperienced management, illawarded contracts and skilled pilots leaving at an alarming rate.
Once an airline admired throughout the ME. Now just sucking the last gasps of O2 ($) to make it yet another year.

John21UK
16th Mar 2012, 20:39
The rescue plans for both Gulf Air and Air India bear some resemblance although the balance is the wrong way around. AI's rescue package by their goverment is 740m dollars whilst Gulf Air's around 560m per year. But Gulf Air is only a third in size yet it needs a massive bailout in comparison.

Captain Sensitive
16th Mar 2012, 21:42
What a joke!

mamamia
17th Mar 2012, 08:01
today in the GDN gulf air is getting 1.8 billion dollars

John21UK
17th Mar 2012, 08:35
Luckely Gulf Air is not alone in loosing money fast. Here another example, besides Air India earlier. Look at Aerolineas Argentinas nowadays. Used to be owned by a privat group but now under goverment control. 44 aircraft + 20 jets that operate with Austral. It has some similarities in the problems it has and how it operates. Goverment (tax payer) already spend 2.4bln dollars since 2008 on it and still today loosing 2.2mln dollars PER DAY.

How come some airlines just can't turn things around even with
extortionate amounts of money being thrown at it?

buba
17th Mar 2012, 12:17
Read in a bussiness magazine that the region's airlines total profit for 2011 was a megre few million. I reckon all them publicised figures are a load of malarkey. The chap i was flyin with says kingfisher got their bird impounded in heathrow a few weeks back or so.

MikeAlpha7
17th Mar 2012, 15:56
John21UK quoted "How come some airlines just can't turn things around even with extortionate amounts of money being thrown at it?"

This is a very good question.

I don't claim to know anything about Aerolineas Argentinas or even Air India's financial plight , but I sure know a few things about Gukf Air.

The current GF will go on losing money and requiring fund injection for the foreseeable future simply because all that funds gets misappropriated by the same Management that lacks vision , skills to compete in the Aviation market , experience to tackle demanding issues and last and most importantly , an owner (the government) that has much more serious issue to deal with and a government that is known to have poor crises management skills.

It is a well known fact that the higher management of GF have been getting orders from 3 different government heads , and most of the time , each one with a different priority and agenda and conflicting orders at that.

That is touching the surface of GF problems , the rest of the story is much longer and regrettable.

But give GF credit for maintain a good & safe flight operations despite some stories leaking among the crew of some close shaves by pilots committing serious errors. My Guess, if those stories were accurate , is the fact that GF pilots have been over-worked.

slowjet
18th Mar 2012, 09:19
Fund injections also a complete joke. Same sticky fingers will go into the till and come out with, guess what, loadsa money stuck to fingers ! Contracts will then be awarded to brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties & jobs will be awarded on the same basis. Totally corrupt, rotten little company. But, it will continue & as Buba says, he has seen it all before & it does serve to employ people. It offers , also, some degree of security to Nationals. Very talented expats remain because it serves THEIR purpose. For some, regrettably, there is nowhere else to go. Damn shame because the country was the best place in the Mid East. GF was, probably still is, from the "personnel" point of view, a truly fabbo place to work & the so called "Locals" amongst the most courteous, civil and really humour filled group of people I have had the pleasure to know. Only did a short spell and been away for years now but memories are a full & joyfilled. Wish you all well but I fear the worst.

MikeAlpha7
18th Mar 2012, 14:55
Al Wasat Newspaper
Sunday 18th March 2012
Local Affairs Correspondent: Hassan Al Madhoob

(Translated from Arabic Text)

Khalid Abdel Aal, a member of the Parliamentary Committee set up to study the financial situation of Gulf Air's , declared that «the government wants to hand over the loan of BD 664 million to Gulf Air in just 25 days from the day of a request submitted to the House of Representatives late last week».
According to Abdel Aal, «through my discussions with the deputies, I think that most of them would refuse to agree to pass this loan so quickly and without the Government providing a feasibility study or define a commercial strategy in return to the parliament loan approval, and especially since the deputies had already agreed to pass the previous grant to Gulf Air, worth BD 400 million in less than a year ».

He added «up to now, there is no conclusive justification to persuade the lawmakers to approve the new loan, and especially since the government says there are no guarantees that such loan (BD 664 million) will lead to the transformation of the company into profitability ».
Abdel Aal, added «Ministers of Finance and Transport told us explicitly that there are no guarantees, and that the losses will continue, but they stated that the loan is important because the company's closing down will hurt the national economy!».
He pointed out that «since the company received the BD 400 million loan in less than a year; it has recorded losses of BD 200 million, and projected annual loss will range between 80 and 100 million dinars.” The MP continued “ is there any greater impact on the national economy than the losses suffered by the company?».

The member of the Parliamentary Committee continued «they (the government) want the parliament to approve the loan and deliver it to Gulf Air in a period of 25 days , while they had a whole month since the formation of the Parliamentary Committee, in which they did have some requests , but did not indicate to us their intention to request an additional appropriation to inject additional funds to the company. Despite the fact that we repeatedly asked them to provide us with all the details and plans related to the company’s recovery strategy, the government surprised the committee at our meeting last Thursday (March 15, 2012) by submitting this request during the meeting and without responding to our requests for information».

Abdel-Aal said «that is a deliberate move by the government to divert the blame on the House of Representatives , by putting us in the status quo with an ultimatum, either approve the loan and open additional credit facilities or the company will close down and the economy will suffer and the national unemployment number will increase in the process».
«the conditions of Representatives for approval of any adoption of additional financial aid package to the company, is quite clear to the government , which are : 1) the complete change of the Board of Directors , because they are part of the causes of the company’s losses, as well as executive management, 2) submission to the committee the current operational performance data of the company, and 3) clearly defined plans on when it will turn to profitability», Abdul Aal stressing «We are not against the survival of the company, But very much against the wastage of public money under the pretext of helping the economy ».
He continued to say «We are well aware that the problems are not caused by the new administration, as during the past 10 years, Gulf Air lost over 1 billion dinars, how long will it continue to lose? and if the argument for keeping the company is a national employment, then retirement program that encompasses handsome financial rewards for all Gulf Air national (local) staff , will not cost the company much more than BD 40 million».

He continued «the House of Representatives has been pressurizing the Minister of Housing on his ministry’s plans for providing housing for the thousands of citizens on the waiting list , while each year thousands of other applications for housing are accumulating . Each housing unit built by the ministry « Housing »cost 40 thousand dinars, the loan that the government demands for Gulf Air with such haste and priority is capable of building 16,600 homes, which is able to solve the third of housing requirement in Bahrain ». The MP added «we have been asking for a small increase in benefits for retirees in the public and private sector, but the government always rejects this proposal claiming that there is a deficit in the budget, if that is the case, then why add a new major deficit?».

Abdel-Aal, concluded by saying: «I refuse to meet this demand, and if the house is true to its oath and pledge towards serving the citizens , then I am sure that the majority will reject it». It is noteworthy that the government referred to the House of Representatives last Thursday a bill to open an additional appropriation in the state budget for fiscal year 2012 and provides for the opening of an additional appropriation in the general budget of the state (BD 691.350.000 dinars), of which BD 664,350,000 will be allocated to support Gulf Air , while BD 27 million is allocated for project expenditure budget of the Secretariat of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports for the purpose of covering the expenses of the building of a new sports stadium.

It is pointed out that the deficit resulting from the implementation of the additional appropriation is to be covered by the borrowing of funds from Arab and Islamic financial institutions.

John21UK
18th Mar 2012, 17:39
Again, it is just beyond comprehension how much money needs to be pumped into this little airline with only about 30 planes to keep it afloat! It comes down to a cost of almost 20mln dollars per yer, per aircraft, to keep going?

There must be some sort of black (money) hole somewehere...
Try suggesting this kind of goverment support in Europe or the states!

To relate;
Spanair lost 461mln dollars over the last three years and folded in the end after 26 years of service. The Catalan goverment injected almost 200mln euro's into it since 2009. They had 36 aircraft, quite similiar to Gulf Air.

Malev with around 20 aircraft had a debt of 271mln dollars and was ordered by the court to repay a goverment loan (bailout) and debt deferrals of 455mln dollars it had recieved between 2007 and 2010. Only recently did it stop flying after 66 years of service.

This compared to Gulf Air's 2.82bln dollars worth of goverment loans over the last 2 years alone ( if this last one is approved) and a loss in the last 10 years of 1 bln dollars makes it a stagering story of 'survival'.

MikeAlpha7
18th Mar 2012, 19:29
I am still at loss to explain how would two cabinet ministers, who are supposed to be part of the executive branch of government, professional, highly qualified, intelligent, experienced and responsible executives , ask for BD 660 million for an ailing airline without ANY plans on how this money is going to be spent and how would it transform the airline and return it to profitability or break even , at least.:hmm:

This is a scandalous act even at the level of Bahrain Governance!!! Any such request in a civilized society and democratically run country will mean the end of the Minister's political career. A dignified Cabinet Minister will not dare to come up with such outrageous request without due diligence , meticulous and detailed study. This is simply astonishing. :uhoh:

In Gulf Air itself , a Manager who requests a small amount for expenditure , I believe in the excess of BD 150 , must justify it by submitting official document for approval by his superiors and through several layers. However , a staggering BD 660 Million does not seem to warrant a study be the government suffice to say it would be bad for the economy if the money was not given !!!!!!

ironbutt57
19th Mar 2012, 06:17
HMMMM.... Mike Alpha, it seems that they have indeed been studying the GF situation now since last December, and have been conducting audits, do your homework before posting...:ugh:

buba
19th Mar 2012, 07:02
Just think of gulf air as greece.. Lol

theodoremd83
19th Mar 2012, 08:01
Buba can you be more specific?
What do you mean by that? Cause i think you dont have the slightest idea what people in greece are suffering right now.

buba
19th Mar 2012, 08:33
@theodorum.. Touchy, touchy.. Ther was no malice behind the comment dude, lighten up,Yeah people in greece are suffering.. So are people in india, bangladesh, indonesia, philipines.. Etc etc but unfortunately this lot does'nt have germany and the euro lot to pump billions of dollars into their economy. I wish not to enter a geopolitical debate and just lets leave it at that mate.
On a different not if bah government pumps millions in gulf air you and the rest of us get to keep our jobs and life style.. If not, tough sh@t mate, time and tide does'nt stop there. Ok think of gulf air as congo.. Hope you aint gonna lose sleep over it. A sense of humour goes a long way.

Landflap
19th Mar 2012, 15:43
Hey Bubs, what dya min by congo? In case you wunder whers are bin, are am inde congo playin me bongo doodas & tinkin of investin in ma CPL.
Ok, ferget it. Are will give me CPL munee to de poor kids in de street but are am keepin mar reeboks !

Business Suit Bree
19th Mar 2012, 17:02
^
Oh my are you asking me to thow a dictionary at you're face?

40&80
19th Mar 2012, 21:49
Landflap forget the CPL stuff... you qualified to go straight in at de top of the Gulf Air management team.

ironbutt57
20th Mar 2012, 05:30
Seems rational thinking is in the cards..
:ok:
Gulf Daily News » Local News » New plan to revive Gulf Air's fortunes... (http://gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=326172)

Landflap
20th Mar 2012, 05:58
Business Suite Bree: NO. You would probably miss. See what you mean though Buba. Sense of humour failure going on which we can all understand. Thanks 40&80. I have applied but told by the holding company that they have a CEO. DFO has to be a post holder & I told them I was, with Pprune. OK, CP A340 ? No, fleet gone. This is not going well. CAR WASH MAN ? No, you have to know someone. Damn, just when I thought it was all going well. Seriously though, before I get shot down, good posts Buba. A 20 year Vet who should be listened to. Cool , calm , and collected & demonstrating why you should be listened to.

buba
20th Mar 2012, 07:24
@landflap... Keep playin them congo bongo doodas maaan, hope them reebaks are nifty enough to dodge de oxfard dictionary comin at ya, maaan.
Me, calm and collected? Must be all that rum.. Pass de rum on da left hand side.. I feels i dictionary hurtling its ways towards me aswel lol.
Ps.. Therz a corner manager post in GF.. Managin all the office corners in HQ.. I applied but been told i aint up for the job.. You could try your luck.. Lol

ironbutt57
20th Mar 2012, 08:33
Takes a lot of wasta to get the carwash guy job....and he's home every night...and no roster changes...:p:}

Panama Jack
20th Mar 2012, 12:32
Bahrain Air open to merger with state-backed Gulf Air - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/bahrain-air-open-merger-with-state-backed-gulf-air-450616.html)

This is not surprising news, but I wonder what exactly these "synergies" that would be realized by merging would be?

Bahrain Air is a 4 year old airline that has never been profitable, owns no assets, doesn't fly anywhere Gulf Air doesn't, and has a sliver-sized market share. One has to wonder whether a merger with Gulf Air was the exit strategy of the original investors all along?

While it doesn't seem to make any business sense, the airline is trying to pull on the emotional heartstrings of the Government. After all, might it not be a loss of face to have a red & white colored airline with the country's name on it- fail?

John21UK
20th Mar 2012, 16:08
Might be a good idea. Bahrain just can't sustain two airlines. Let alone one that copies where big mama goes to. BAH is just too small. As long as it doesn't affect flgt/cc numbers.

Panama Jack
21st Mar 2012, 06:37
What I meant John21UK, is that I think that this is a sign of desperation at Bahrain Air and a last chance for a rescue for the airline's investors and other stateholders before closing shop.

As far as a business decision goes, airline mergers can be ugly affairs and I can't see what kind of value Bahrain Air would bring to Gulf Air. From a business standpoint, better to let the company fail, then pick up any pieces that may be of interest (if there are any).

John21UK
21st Mar 2012, 07:06
Indeed, I got your point PJ and you're spot on. It's the best way for them involved not to loose face and get something out of a loss making endeavour. With Bahrain Air starting Bangladesh and Yemen it's stupid to go head-to-head on almost every single narrow body route. Bahrain itself is too small.

Am I right in saying that Royal Jordanian is starting Amman in a few weeks? IIRC that would make it 4 new competitors on routes served by Gulf Air in a matter of months. Auch...

Lord Bracken
21st Mar 2012, 08:07
Gulf Daily News » Local News » MPs renew push for alcohol clamp (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=326216)

Seems GF's current troubles are down to the demons...will they rename gin "Falcon's Ruin?" one asks...?

"During the National Dialogue in July, a consensus was reached on having it banned, but it was left out and more focus was implied on political agreement.

"We don't care about the political dialogue planned with the opposition, we just want Bahrain to be a moderate Islamic country that follows Islamic values and principles," Mr Murad said.

Mr Al Meer said there was no reason not to ban alcohol because Bahrain was a strong financial hub.

"Saudi Arabia prohibits alcohol sales, yet it is a strong economy and there are many non-Muslims working in it," he said.

"How do you want Gulf Air to recover from its losses when it sells demonic substances on its flights?"

buba
21st Mar 2012, 09:04
Dont you worry bout the MPs there all bark and no teeth. To my knoweldge, non of the gibberish they been dishing out has been taken seriously by the government.

jackx123
21st Mar 2012, 14:59
"Saudi Arabia prohibits alcohol sales, yet it is a strong economy and there are many non-Muslims working in it," he said.

herein lies the issue these close minds don't get. In Saudi we get PAID for it and there is something called natural resources.

Maybe these Bahraini MP's don't know but Saudi is THE largest oil exporter in the world and Bahrain has what?

buba
21st Mar 2012, 17:10
Chinese hookers?

Atebis
21st Mar 2012, 17:27
Yeah......but they're imported

John21UK
21st Mar 2012, 18:18
A quick look at the online GF timetable published 5th March reveals schedueles to several 'sensitive' destinations like Erbil, Esfahan, Najaf, Basra etc. First time I looked at that document but were they in there before after being postponed or does it actually mean f**k all? When you actually try and book through the GF website it says flights are unavailable etc...

I know it was on a review basis at the end of March but all flights sort of 'start' around the 25-27th March. Can't see GF returning to Iran to be honest, you?

buba
21st Mar 2012, 19:13
@atebis.. Therz plenty of homegrown aswel.. Do not be deceived

buba
22nd Mar 2012, 08:46
Got chattin to a gentleman, found out hez the person in charge of revamping the interior.. Says the premuim 320 seats ( think he mentioned 321 aswel) are the best hez seen, judging by his suit hez a man with taste. Says 330s will be gettin the same make over.. Well the 6 that are gonna remain. 787 deal still on.

Business Suit Bree
22nd Mar 2012, 13:51
That is delightful to hear! Then perhaps I may actually look forward to flying with gf when I fly with Gulf Air.But as we know,the 787s won't be showing up for another 7 years.So I wouldn't be very happy about it just yet.
Anything about the 333s deals? If Gulf Air wants to make a good turnaround they should try to take full advantage of those wide body jets which are said to arrive next year since they carry a lot of passengers,fantastic for Medium haul flights and has a surprisingly low maintenance cost.They will only generate profit if gf works smart with those birds.

jackx123
22nd Mar 2012, 15:41
They will only generate profit if gf works smart with those birds.

funniest comment in a while. when has gf ever done a smart thing?

buba
22nd Mar 2012, 16:03
Well some of the 333 where swopped for 321s.. Two 321 for each 333.

Che Guevara
22nd Mar 2012, 19:18
So that leaves 17 1/2 A-330s still on order then....only in GF. :rolleyes:

40&80
22nd Mar 2012, 19:24
The half is a mock up and someone stole the engines and other half :ok:

John21UK
22nd Mar 2012, 19:59
Brilliant! :ok:

buba
23rd Mar 2012, 08:00
Roster is out, not too grand but atleast i rest assured knowing rostering aint gonna nick my not so savoury trips to give it to there mates.. Haa haa.. So for once i might actually get to fly my published roster.. Haa haa

John21UK
24th Mar 2012, 19:16
Safi Airways to codeshare with Gulf Air on Kabul route
Safi Airways Partners With Gulf Air to Bahrain :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/144787/safi-airways-partners-with-gulf-air-to-bahrain/)

Looks like: " you'll get three flights if we get three flights as well".

buba
25th Mar 2012, 02:39
Thats under 230 pax a week between kabul and bah..unless we'r charging them premuim it aint worth the sweat off one's back.

John21UK
26th Mar 2012, 06:13
Gulf Daily News » Business News » Gulf Air adds Madina flights (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=326592)

Source: GDN

40&80
26th Mar 2012, 15:54
Fantastic news!....If ever the G.F. website can be made to accept my staff number Madina here we come.:ok:

millerscourt
26th Mar 2012, 19:46
40&80

You will never get on it on a subload basis:E

John21UK
27th Mar 2012, 06:01
They also discussed ways to support economic and investment activity to serve the national economy and its demands. In this regard they highlighted the importance of continuing to direct the national carrier Gulf Air to financial stability

Gulf Daily News » Local News » OPEN UP TO THE WORLD (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=326683)

Business Suit Bree
27th Mar 2012, 06:37
Bahrain parliament (http://www.tradearabia.com/news/LAW_214859.html)

Finally they said something enlightening.Gulf Air isn't going anywhere while curroption feeds on the airline parasitically.Gulf Air needs the investment but it is certainly going to be of no use unless they the leaks are fixed.

buba
27th Mar 2012, 08:41
In al watan rag today.. The government is studying closing the company temporarily and putting those involved in corruption issues on trial.
Am all for it.. Its time to weed out the crooks.
The headlines also state that a certain secretary receives a salary of BD 7000 a month, and she does'nt even do Dhaka turnarounds.. Hmmmm

Gordomac
27th Mar 2012, 11:26
40 & 80, had the same problem. Can't get into the site even though I am told that I now qualify ! Had lunch with a GF Vet who ,also, is unable to access. Went up to Nicosia to see the GF staff at the HQ but the office is closed down & some staff laid off. Back to the Monarch- Easyjet plan then !

budgetbudgie
28th Mar 2012, 08:51
"Gulf Air (GF) should be helped to streamline its priorities as the airline is vital to the country’s economy, say
businessmen.
They emphasised that closing the company was not a solution and recommended that it be shrunk to a local economy status airline, so that it survives its difficult phase with ease.
Observing that strategies being debated for the future of GF were vague, Mashal Group Chairman Dr Yousef H Mashal said, "Proper information is not available to analyse the conditions of the company. Even the recent suggestion on reducing the size of the airline to 20-22 aircraft is too ambitious.”
GF should remain an economy airline, sell its assets and pay off its debts, while ensuring that it does not lose out on the main airports in the international aviation map, he said, adding, “Reducing their extra stations all over the world and sharing/rentals with other airlines could add revenue to the airline.”
Commenting on the issue of citizens losing their jobs, Dr Mashal said the employees can be compensated suitably. "It is more like a sacrifice for the country.”
Pointing out that GF was a major drainer on Bahrain’s budget in the past, Dr Mashal said the Parliament was justified in denying further funds to the airline.
A merger with existing airlines might not be wise as long as the partner is not a profit-making unit. “Merger of two financially sick companies will require a lot of cash inflow and will again remain a burden on the government,” he said and suggested that a "merger-cum-privatization" should be the deal. The company should stay away from the government and be managed by a private owner, he added.
However, businessman icon Abdul Hameed Kooheji said retaining GF was extremely important for the government as the airline linked Bahrain with the rest of the world. “By shutting down Gulf Air, we will be putting our economy in other’s hands, which is a huge risk,” said Mr Kooheji.  
The tussle between MPs and the government should be sorted and primarily the top management of GF should be reshuffled. Mr Kooheji also pointed out that rearrangements in the past did not work well as the management lacked feasible plans.
"The extreme possibility in this scenario is only putting limits to its losses. We have to find a solution to keep Gulf Air afloat," he added"

jackx123
28th Mar 2012, 16:42
10, 20, 50 or more aircrafts doesn't matter. They all have to answer the following:

ASM— Available Seat Mile. A measure of capacity. ASM’s equal the total number of seats available for transporting passengers during a reporting period multiplied by the total number of miles flown during that period.

RPM— Revenue Passenger Mile. One revenue-paying passenger transported one mile. RPM's equal the number of revenue passengers during a reporting period multiplied by the number of miles flown by those passengers during that period, RPM’s are also referred to as “traffic”.

Yield— The amount of passenger revenue earned per RPM during a reporting period.

RASM— Operating Revenue per ASM. The amount of operating revenue earned per ASM during a reporting period. RASM is also referred to as “unit revenue.”

PRASM— Passenger Revenue per ASM. The amount of passenger revenue earned per ASM during a reporting period. Passenger RASM is also referred to as “unit revenue.”

CASM— (Operating) Cost per Available Seat Mile. The amount of operating cost incurred per ASM during a reporting period, also referred to as “unit cost”.

LF-- Passenger Load Factor — A measure of utilized available seating capacity calculated by dividing RPMs by ASM’s for a reporting period.

:eek:

jackx123
28th Mar 2012, 16:48
Oh and here is an airline that is doing fairly well. Budget for 2012.

Year over year change
estimates Financial
5.6% Passenger revenue
7.0% Cargo & freight revenue
6.0% Other revenue
5.6% Total consolidated operating revenue
5.2% Total consolidated operating expenses
1.0% Wage, salary & benefit expense
10.8% Fuel & oil expense
3.0% Unrestricted cash & short term investments
Total assets
Net debt = (long-term debt - cash & equivalents)
Air traffic liability/Advance ticket sales
Operational
-1.0% Fuel consumption
12.0% Fuel price
1.0% Revenue passenger miles (RPM's)
0.0% Available seat miles (ASM's)
1.0% Passenger load factor (LF)
4.5% Passenger yield
5.6% Unit revenue (RASM)
5.5% Passenger unit revenue (PRASM)
5.3% Unit costs (CASM)
0.0% Passengers
1.9% Unit costs ex-fuel
2.8% Unit costs ex fuel and ex-labor
5.6% Average passenger fare (calculated by AF)
Line item ratio of total operating costs
27.8% Wages, salaries & benefits (mainline operations)
40.1% Fuel & oil (mainline operations)
6.3% Other rentals/landing fees (mainline operations)
4.5% Depreciation/amortization (mainline operations)
6.4% Maintenance materials/repairs (mainline operations)
2.4% Aircraft rentals (mainline operations)
12.5% Other operating expenses
-2.0% Other non operating Income/expense
-0.5% Other income/expense (taxes/misc)
Line item ratio of total operating revenue
26.3% Wages, salaries & benefits (mainline operations)
Net debt = (long-term debt - cash & equivalents) TTM*
0.80% Net interest expense ratio of total revenue
Air traffic liability/Advance ticket sales TTM*

Business Suit Bree
28th Mar 2012, 16:48
Closing stations and reducing staff is not going to help one bit. If they review the management and search & fix the "leaks",that would do it:ok:

See it this way, if a person is injured and bleeding(obviously), the natural thing to do is stop the bleeding,replace the blood lost (if it is a significant amount) & be on your way!
What Bahrain is doing is amputating the patient's limbs and ignoring the wounded areas.More like butchering of you ask me....

jackx123
28th Mar 2012, 16:51
2012 Projection
$926 Operating income/loss (million)(excludes special charges)
$3,238 3.0% Unrestricted cash & equivalents (million)
$4,600 Cash flow from operations (estimated daily average) (000)
-3.1% Required breakeven fare increase percentage
$4.66 Avg profit (loss) per passenger

Revenues (million)
$16,411 5.6% Passenger
$149 7.0% Cargo & freight
$965 6.0% Other
$17,524 5.6% Total consolidated operating revenue

$6,654 Expenses (million)
$4,610 1.0% Wages, salaries & benefits
$6,654 10.8% Fuel & oil
$1,038 2.5% Other rentals/landing fees
$753 Depreciation/amortization
$1,069 Maintenance materials/repairs
$399 Aircraft rentals
$2,076 Other operating expenses
$16,598 5.2% Total consolidated operating expenses
-$333 -10.0% Other non operating Income/expense
-$80 -45.0% Other income/expense (taxes/misc)
$1,679 Cash flow from operations (million)

Operational data (mainline)
691 -1.0% Operating aircraft (mainline)
1,868 -1.0% Fuel consumption (gallons) (million)
$3.562 12.0% Fuel price/gallon
104,903 1.0% RPM's (millions)
128,518 0.0% ASM's (millions)
81.6% Load Factor
15.64 4.5% Yield (cents)
13.64 5.6% RASM (operating unit revenue)(cents) estimated [c]
12.77 5.5% PRASM (passenger unit revenue) (cents) [c]
12.92 5.3% CASM (unit cost)(cents)(ex spcl items and ex profit sharing)
110.152 0.0% Passengers (million)
$148.98 5.6% Average one way passenger fare (revenue to airline)
$41.85 1.0% Average wage/salary/benefit expense per passenger fare
$60.40 10.8% Avg fuel expense per passenger fare
$144.33 4.3% Avg net expense per passenger

MacManiac
28th Mar 2012, 21:15
the security procedure to enter Pink Palace is so bad and useless. why isn't there any electronic security access in the building?? biometric/access card/pin codes set in place!!

seriously pathetic. i doubt its the same at the rival companies. :8

buba
29th Mar 2012, 06:15
@mac.. If they did that there will be less jobs for the boys, that and a lack of foresight.. After all gulf air is a charity foundation taking on the retarded, lame and incompetant.. Lol

OBBI_Express
29th Mar 2012, 08:26
Ladies and Gents,

Change of subject..

Does anyone know what airframe GF is running on the BAH-CMB sector in April?

Cheers,

OBBI EXPRESS

showel
29th Mar 2012, 13:08
OBBI Exp as usually tuk tuk:E 320

John21UK
29th Mar 2012, 14:39
Come on eh... The real Tum Tuk here is the E170! Followed by the Tuk Tuk on steroids E190.

John21UK
30th Mar 2012, 09:02
This will help Gulf Air's recovery: Gulf Daily News » Local News » Iran and Iraq ban extended (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=326877)

Source: GDN

Gulf Immigrant
30th Mar 2012, 21:05
Gulf Air problems have been always management ones. Some improvement materialised before the start of the Bahraini Revolution and Arab Spring.

Now the problems have been extended to overlap with the ongoing political crisis. It seems very clear some stupid advisors offer fishy and silly opinions to the government while other airlines operate flights to Iran, Iraq and Lebanon. Indeed cheap lies from a government with a considerable history in mismanging local economny and two chronic diseases known as ‘lying’ and 'failure'.

Good luck to Gulf Air. :)

Business Suit Bree
31st Mar 2012, 13:36
If you see it in one way,the uprising in Bahrain was a wake up call for the Bahraini govt to give more to it's people.Now because of that,Bahrain is keen to make more money by reducing corruption in all governmental organizations since producing a few tins of oil won't just do it.If they manage to keep their promise in blocking those leaks,Gulf Air could go to places rather then the junk yard.:=
All that they need to do is:
1.Allow Gulf Air to resume it's flights to Iran/Iraq .
2.Let a Major European/US carrier manage most aspects of the airline to improve foreign relations and free Gulf Air from incompetence/corruption.
3.Sell Shares when the time is ripe.
4.Watch the Airline Make Money.
And this Gentlemen is how Gulf Air will be able to spread it's wings..This is just a fantasy right now haha...

Ion-athan
1st Apr 2012, 04:22
Once upon a time there was a big tree.

Monkeys were leaving in the upper part of the tree as well as the bottom part of the tree.

When the upper part monkeys looked down all they saw was other monkeys, while when the bottom part monkeys were looking up all they saw was a@@holes.

And all leaved well and happily ever after with a bit of moaning and yawning at the bottom part of the tree as always.

buba
1st Apr 2012, 06:23
A321 A9C-CA first flight to bom on 4th, followed by del.
A9C-CA arriving in toulouse on 24th.

jackx123
1st Apr 2012, 14:28
The false accusation of a female executive secretary earning a monthly salary of BD7,000 ($18,560) is ludicrous; there is no individual in the organisation with this title making this amount of money

Personal assistant?

showel
1st Apr 2012, 16:21
Have seen it parked in FRA this morning, who applied for TR???:O:O:O
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00009278.jpg

Business Suit Bree
1st Apr 2012, 16:53
I do adore your photoshop skills ;)

Panama Jack
1st Apr 2012, 17:50
Wow, 747-300's! I heard they got a smokin' deal on a 20 year lease for them. :}

LNAV VNAV -
1st Apr 2012, 19:53
How much time did it take you to paint that?! :ok:

showel
1st Apr 2012, 20:19
Guys can you google???:E:E:E
Aviation Design - Modified Airliner Photos (http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/)
Happy fools day:ok:

showel
1st Apr 2012, 20:22
BTW BahrainAir is getting the 73s from us:E:E:E
http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00010702.jpg

AeroForce
1st Apr 2012, 21:55
The false accusation of a female executive secretary earning a monthly salary of BD7,000 ($18,560) is ludicrous; there is no individual in the organisation with this title making this amount of money, Majali concluded.

Yes SM and we are all retarded! :mad:
Of course, the "official" job title of this secretary on her contract doesn't state executive secretary!
It would be a far more exotic job description, so that it won't flag up in an audit. :ugh:
My best guess: Chief Executive Director of Secretarial Services! :ok:
There are loads of these very important sounding job descriptions with equivalent salaries at HQ for people that actually sit around doing nothing, if they even bother to show up at the Pink Elephant.

The question that remains is: "Where can we apply for those positions!"

AeroF.

Business Suit Bree
3rd Apr 2012, 18:43
Gulf Daily News » Local News » FRESH START (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=327148)
This time it seems promising since Bahrainis are more serious after the govt was shaken last year by waves of protests... Audit by respectable firms,Govt a little serious & injection may atleast result in job security.As for expat pilots,I doubt that they will be shed off since many expatriate in the company has given a great support to Bahrain's ruling famil and they need as many supporters as possible on the island!

John21UK
4th Apr 2012, 05:44
Just because it was part of a discussion earlier on: Gulf Daily News » Local News » Victim 'swore at sword attacker' (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=327245)

It couldn't be more black and white. You make up your mind...:D

LNAV VNAV -
4th Apr 2012, 07:03
''He said the youth was wearing a mask when he attacked him with a sword. ''

Kill Bill flashback!!

John21UK
4th Apr 2012, 07:27
so I took his car and parked it nearby...no sir, honestly. I wasn't stealing the car as well! Classic explenation by this young thug.

MacManiac
4th Apr 2012, 19:09
GF CEO on Bahrain TV! Go shoooooot your questions but be sure to phone from public pay phone just in case! :E

Business Suit Bree
4th Apr 2012, 19:55
Oh people still watch that channel? I remember watching shows like full house on it back in the day!
Anybody will be recording or posting the summary in what he said?

ironbutt57
6th Apr 2012, 05:24
meanwhile back to the topic.....:ok:

Gulf Daily News » Local News » FUTURE OF GULF AIR ASSURED (http://gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=327367)

Yo767
8th Apr 2012, 03:20
For those flying in SAH

Gunmen attack Yemen's main airport - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/07/world/meast/yemen-military-shakeup/index.html?c=weekend-intl-homepage-t)

John21UK
8th Apr 2012, 04:58
That plus that 2 Al Qaida suicide bombers that blew themselfs up in Aden, another lovely place we fly to... ;-)

SCATANA
8th Apr 2012, 12:32
Gulf Air passengers 'harassed for cash' at airport (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-7347-gulf-air-passengers-harassed-for-cash-at-airport/)

John21UK
9th Apr 2012, 09:15
Since when is GF doing dedicated Cargo flights? Just noticed a DHL 757F operating a cargo flight from BAH to Mumbai under a GF callsign???

SubsonicMortal
9th Apr 2012, 09:37
I notice the Gulf Air facebook page has been hacked. From being the official presence for Gulf Air on Facebook to anti-government material.

samjetblaster
9th Apr 2012, 10:07
Hi Folks,could someone please explain what Scatana's comments about bogus charges in Gulf Air have to to with threads on this forum. I thought this place was to discuss professional info about the company and job.:confused:

SCATANA
9th Apr 2012, 11:32
Yeah folks, someone please explain to samjetblaster (http://www.pprune.org/members/247791-samjetblaster) my "comments" in the "Gulf Air Developments" thread on this "professional" rumours forum :}

John21UK
9th Apr 2012, 11:33
I fail to see why it would not be relative to this thread. It's about Gulf Air and wheter or not it's content is true/false it is worth discussing.

South Prince
9th Apr 2012, 14:16
Hi there you all; my question may seem impractical at this time, but when engaged on a job search it would be relevant to know from Your "local" views of the situation, if GF will at some stage recruit Pilots again.
Gracias

Captain Sensitive
9th Apr 2012, 16:25
if GF will at some stage recruit Pilots again

Very soon, but they will call the ones they left behind last February, but there will be room for others as well since the summer is approaching...

Good luck!

South Prince
9th Apr 2012, 18:10
Appreciate your answer Capt Sensitive.
I'll PM you if ever get called.

buba
10th Apr 2012, 06:10
The petition to be signed by the employees (if they are in agreement) to be handed to parlaiment... A sign of desprate measures.

theodoremd83
10th Apr 2012, 10:22
Captain sensitive please can you define very soon cause i am one of the February guys. Very soon as in Europe or USA time frame or very soon as whatever this means in the MENA area? I know you are not a prophet or something but judging from your experience. Thanks.

MBA84
11th Apr 2012, 07:06
Parliamentarians have officially ‘rejected’ the BD664m request from Gulf Air, according to sources.
Members of the Parliament Committee of Finance and Economic Affairs, headed by MP Ali Ahmed Alderazi, unanimously rejected the request, a source told DT.
The rejection was apparently due to the airline not being responsible in its commitments.
“The parliamentary committee was always clear on this stand and has every rightful reason to reject this huge amount for an airline, which has failed to prove itself during given opportunities in the past,” said the source.
The official announcement on the ‘rejection’ will be made today, confirmed the source. The decision will be forwarded to Parliament Chairman Khalifa Al Dhahrani and will be discussed in next session of the Parliament.

DailyTribune - Local News (http://www.dt.bh/newsdetails.php?key=301110213450&newsid=100412201653)

buba
11th Apr 2012, 12:11
Fair enough.. No need to feed the greed.

Business Suit Bree
13th Apr 2012, 12:14
Great Chance that the cash will pass given the audit's being made,the fact that Bahrain needs the airline & the higher council + crowned prince are backing the airline.
The Jordanian CEO seems to be very quiet.My best guess is that he has no say in it since the members of the parliament are giving in their "aviation expertees"
in what to do with Gulf Air.So far,we have seen shrinking isn't the solution to this mess but will the officials see that?:=

Mephistopheles
13th Apr 2012, 18:40
Sign a petition? I haven't laughed so hard in ages! So the crooks want us nobodies to sign on the dotted line that they & their fellow managers are doing a fantastic job & are not corrupt??? Could someone then please explain to me exactly how GF got into such a state of loosing millions $ daily if the bosses are all aces & no one is filling their pockets? Something stinks to high heaven. Perhaps, the gentlemen upstairs could furnish us with reasons why we are in such a dire situation before asking us to sign a petition protecting THEIR jobs.
Can anyone explain why we are so f***ed if it's not mismanagement or corruption?

John21UK
14th Apr 2012, 19:16
Gulf Air to axe KUL service?
Malaysia Airlines and Gulf Air will terminate codeshare partnership from 25MAR12, as Gulf Air cancels Kuala Lumpur service

Source (http://airlineroute.net/2012/03/05/codeshare-05mar12/)

Calmcavok
15th Apr 2012, 04:25
Will the demise of BMI have any impact on the LHR services?

dacorana
15th Apr 2012, 13:25
High fuel costs hitting Gulf Air profits (http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_215901.html)
Politicisation 'hurting Gulf Air performance (http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_215918.html)

Business Suit Bree
16th Apr 2012, 05:47
Gulf Daily News » Local News » MP calls for Gulf Air fuel subsidy (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=328041)
Granted

MacManiac
16th Apr 2012, 23:08
Gulf Air Investigation Committee has raised their findings and issued their recommendations and gave the company an ultimatum to respond to their offer within two weeks from 16th of April. :ok:

Business Suit Bree
17th Apr 2012, 08:27
What's that offer?

MacManiac
17th Apr 2012, 08:47
didn't use the word "offer" properly. The committee has advised GF to respond to their recommendations within two weeks. And the refused to give any financial support. :D:D:D

GF02
17th Apr 2012, 10:53
A few totally inexperienced men with long beards decide the fate of this company!!

It was in the news yesterday that the MPs were upset that gulfair closed 6 destinations without consulting them! and gulfair is planning to close additional 9 destinations!
Anyone got clue of those 9 ?

GF02
17th Apr 2012, 10:56
Bahrain Air to start 2nd base in Dammam! Thats a whole saudi market lost by gulfair!

ROUTES ASIA: Bahrain Air to Open Second Base in Saudi Arabia :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/36/the-hub/147462/routes-asia-bahrain-air-to-open-second-base-in-saudi-arabia/) :rolleyes:

Business Suit Bree
17th Apr 2012, 14:12
I see....
I had assumed Bahrain would be more enthusiastic in having a previously fully airline to its self since the CP was jumping up and down when Oman pulled out...Shame that he isn't willing to make any personal investment...
Besides,those long bearded men are the reason why island is in such a mess in the first place so no doubt the airline would be in a pickle as well as it was one bad decision after another.The country is no longer fit in running a national carrier so if they want the money,they might as well sell the brand to some other company :ok:
All factors are pointing at the fact that it's not the airline,it is actually Bahrain that is causing the losses.With the equation , Regional unrest+Massive fuel prices compared to the neighbors + lack of support + mixing the airline with politics by the government=LOSS.And they wonder why the airline isn't generating profit .It is Pan Am all over again.:rolleyes:
Good luck!

EK2EYengineer
17th Apr 2012, 15:24
Its off the subject but interesting

The full TSB report is at Transportation Safety Board of Canada - AVIATION REPORTS - 2011 - A11F0012 (http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-reports/aviation/2011/a11f0012/a11f0012.asp)

A sleepy Air Canada pilot first mistook the planet Venus for an aircraft, and then sent his airliner diving toward the Atlantic to prevent an imaginary collision with another plane, an official report said on Monday.
Sixteen passengers and crew were hurt in the January 2011 incident, when the first officer rammed the control stick forward to avoid a U.S. plane he wrongly thought was heading straight toward him.
"Under the effects of significant sleep inertia (when performance and situational awareness are degraded immediately after waking up), the first officer perceived the oncoming aircraft as being on a collision course and began a descent to avoid it," Canada's Transportation Safety Board said.
"This occurrence underscores the challenge of managing fatigue on the flight deck," said chief investigator Jon Lee.
The incident occurred at night on board a Boeing 767 twin engine passenger plane flying from Toronto to Zurich in Switzerland with 95 passengers and eight crew.

The report said the first officer had just woken up, disoriented, from a long nap, when he learned from the pilot that a U.S. cargo plane was flying toward them.
"The FO (First Officer) initially mistook the planet Venus for an aircraft but the captain advised again that the target was at the 12 o'clock position (straight ahead) and 1,000 feet below," said the report.
"When the FO saw the oncoming aircraft, the FO interpreted its position as being above and descending towards them. The FO reacted to the perceived imminent collision by pushing forward on the control column," the report continued.
The airliner dropped about 400 feet before the captain pulled back on the control column. Fourteen passengers and two crew were hurt, and seven needed hospital treatment. None were wearing seat belts, even though the seat-belt sign was on.
The safety board said the crew did not fully understand the risks of tiredness during night flights.
The first officer, whose young children often interrupted his sleep at home, had napped for 75 minutes rather than the 40-minute maximum laid down by airline regulations. This meant he fell into a deep sleep and was disoriented when he woke up.
The report is yet another problem for Canada's largest airline, which has faced prolonged labor unrest.
Air Canada, expressing regret that passengers were injured, said it had taken steps to prevent a recurrence, reminding pilots to follow the rules for napping during flights and increasing efforts to heighten crews' awareness of fatigue and its effects.
"Air Canada has developed a special fatigue report form for use in its safety reporting system ... this enhanced system should be in place in summer of 2012," said spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick.
The Air Canada Pilots Association has long pressured authorities to take the stresses of night flying into account when setting the maximum hours a pilot can work. Canada's regulations were last changed in 1996, when the longest duty day was cut to 14 hours from 15 hours.
"The current regulations are not sensitive at all to the time of day ... (North Atlantic flights) are certainly fatiguing in comparison to most other flying," said association president Paul Strachan.
He also said Air Canada operated trans-Atlantic flights with two pilots whereas U.S. carriers used three to share the load.
"The regulator will have done a risk assessment and obviously is satisfied ... that the risk was acceptable, but obviously it is an increase, there is no two ways about it," he said.

SubsonicMortal
17th Apr 2012, 15:42
Yes, completely off topic. Suggest you delete the post and repost on a more relevant thread. Thanks.

buba
17th Apr 2012, 22:58
Well the comittee made the demands of restructuring the board and management, bringing those involved in corruption to court, investigation into choice of aircraft purchases, investigation into contracts being handed out to different companies. Very reasonable demands i say.. A whole page was in the tribune local rag yesterday.
I for one rather see people who dont earn their wages be booted out be it local or expat.

samjetblaster
18th Apr 2012, 08:01
Yes Yes..............

Business Suit Bree
18th Apr 2012, 10:44
Not an unreasonable request.However,the shura councile is instructing GF not to present those reports(like what happened a few months ago).Seems like some one from shura councile is perhaps likely to blame.
I certainly hope that the 333 orders won't be tampered given that they have they have the ability to help GF expand in the future.Unless they want to stay the same for another 10 or so years..

buba
18th Apr 2012, 14:48
Yes, i hope the 333 orders still stand. Heard FRA/CDG might be on a load basis 330/320.

John21UK
18th Apr 2012, 17:41
That would make sense. However we are talking about Gulf Air... The A321's are nice and I would not mind a couple more.

Business Suit Bree
18th Apr 2012, 18:41
321s are great specially for a regional market..Gulf Air would needs the 333s more in the future to expand their in the future.Short haul destinations which GF can commence is limited and there should be a balance.Gulf Air should also use Bahrain's strategic location to connect to Europe,ME & east Asia...330s will be the only element which would allow gulf air to have its own niche since it wouldn't be a Major carrier like Emirates,Etihad etc & at the same time not a LCC like Air Arabia and Bahrain Air...
Gulf Air may have enough of 320s for now.Cancelling the 330s will just make an issue in th future since those AC are high in demand and ideal for expanding their market...

Panama Jack
20th Apr 2012, 08:44
I kinda thought that the A330's might just be irrelevant to a future Gulf Air (one which operates modern, efficient types). Perhaps the 787 (which we have on order) is a more suitable larger-guage/mid-long haul replacement?

John21UK
20th Apr 2012, 11:46
Indeed. Get the 787 asap, get rid of Airbus Longhaul fleet and convert the outstanding A333 order to A320 NEO fleet to replace current A320 fleet.

You'd thought that with some 787 order cancellations Gulf Air could get their hands on them earlier than close to the next decade.

And why not look closely at staying with the Embraer NG's (http://atwonline.com/aircraft-engines-components/news/embraer-continues-explore-engine-options-next-gen-e-jets-0410) for <100 seats. ( ready by 2018)

buba
20th Apr 2012, 11:54
Was chatting to the bloke who used to be the station manager in KUL, says it never made revenue. Tickets were dirt cheap. GF can never compete with its energy rich neighbours.. Reckon revenue from GF, BAS, duty free should all go into the same coffer.. But bah being bah and politics being politics.. Hmmm
Same day dropped into HR, and thought to meself this here place looks like a charity foundation/ retirement home lol..