PDA

View Full Version : The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Exhibitz
8th Feb 2008, 15:30
You only get forum access once all paperwork is dealt with. i.e. medical, disclosure etc.

Wing_man
8th Feb 2008, 15:37
Hey guys,

ant tips or hints for stage 2?

cheers :ok:

poss
8th Feb 2008, 15:46
wingman theres loads if you look at the first page of this thread - a link to all the information on stage 2.

pt_flyer
10th Feb 2008, 00:55
Hey guys,

I'm interested in the CTC Cadet scheme. I had high marks on all my high school studies. I am wondering if CTC gives an advantage to applicants with degrees? I am trying to decide if I should do my degree now and afterwards apply to CTC or just apply to CTC now. I am worried because I know if you fail the test once it is unlikely to retake it. Does anyone who has a degree and did the tests think that the degree helped them pass?

Thanks!

Exhibitz
10th Feb 2008, 10:26
Degree's do not give any advantage over other applicants. The only benefit would be gaining further "life experience", there's a few other threads going on about whether going to uni is benificial in the aviation industry, perhaps take a read and see what your opinion is.

I can safely say however, CTC do not give any sort of biase towards degree candidates. If you can prove you are what they are looking for, then they do not care about what qualifications you have (assuming you have the application minimum). If you believe that you have already done enough outside of school, such as sporting activities, leadership and teamworking examples, and a particular interest in aviation, just go for it while you're young.

poss
10th Feb 2008, 18:30
Just to add to what Exhibitz said, a lot of people go for degrees as a back up so that if they struggle to find a job after they've spent all that money on training they can find work to keep their head above water.

Dondon
12th Feb 2008, 18:08
Hey all,
Does anyone know a good place to stay near Nursling for phase 4?
Also, which simulator does CTC use? As far as I know, they have a B737-300 as well as an a320 sim, but only the b737 is used for phase 4.

Am I right to assume that? :)

//D

The African Dude
13th Feb 2008, 08:43
We used 737-300/400/500 Full Flight Sim, but with the motion turned off (a bit easier to fly apparently).

I stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn, which is just across the motorway, as close as you can get really. Bear in mind that there's absolutely nothing there though, so if you're going by cab pick up some food first. I ended up getting a cab to take me to Sainsbury's and back. Not ideal! :ooh:

aemowens
13th Feb 2008, 08:44
Hi Dondon
The place I stayed at was only 1/2 a mile away from the CTC centre - the holiday inn express southampton west. All the hotels I found were much the same price (about £45 to £50) so I went for the closest - no chance of getting caught in traffic or getting lost!
They do have several different sims, although I think they only use the 737 fixed base sim for the assessment. They walk you past all the 6-axis full motion sims just to tease you...

Good luck with it!

Ann

General Zod
13th Feb 2008, 10:07
Holiday Inn, Southampton West - walkable to the Centre, for Phase 4????

sleepyrascal
13th Feb 2008, 10:33
queens hotel bournemouth. Bed and breakfast £35 quid. Right on the sea front and only 10 mins from CTC.

As borat would say, Its nice. :ok:

bjkeates
13th Feb 2008, 10:37
queens hotel bournemouth

Not much use for people going to phase 4 at Nursling...!

Dondon
13th Feb 2008, 10:37
Queens Hotel is very nice for staying in Bournemouth (phase 2&3) but as for phase 4, I will book a night at Holiday Inn Express Southampton West (£65!).

Is it true that you will be asked to answer maths questions while flying the sim? :uhoh:

//D.

sleepyrascal
13th Feb 2008, 11:02
Apologies for misunderstanding the thread topic. :O

Davina777
13th Feb 2008, 15:15
If you want the closest place to stay for CTC bournemouth, Avon Causeway is just 4-5mins away and when my gran stayed there last august it was only £14 b&b for a small single room.

Handy for anyone to know if your on a tight budget, or just wanna spend the savings on beer (beer there is fab!)

http://www.avoncauseway.co.uk/index.html

Exhibitz
14th Feb 2008, 10:43
Queens Hotel is very nice for staying in Bournemouth (phase 2&3) but as for phase 4, I will book a night at Holiday Inn Express Southampton West (£65!).

Is it true that you will be asked to answer maths questions while flying the sim? :uhoh:

//D.

This is not true... You will be asked to just recall certain figures which you were told in the briefing before hand.

Davina777
14th Feb 2008, 12:34
Timed it last night took 3 mins

The African Dude
14th Feb 2008, 14:39
The sim is tailored to your experience and can vary from person to person. I was asked something like.. how many days are there until the 1st of April? Chatted about work etc. It's not the same for everyone - those with more flying experience may do more advanced handling. Just work within your limits and manage the workload to the best of your ability and you'll be fine. Good luck.

ledz147
14th Feb 2008, 16:34
Hi, is anyone on cp63 flying out on the 2nd July I need some mates lol

dunelmitepilot
17th Feb 2008, 17:11
Rj111,

Sorry to hear you're out now. I hope you mind asking you question about one of the tests at stage 2. It is the one where you have to identify a shape in patterns that "represent visual clutter" This is the only test I am unsure about. I have been on the PILAPT website to look at the screenshot of it, but from what I saw, I can't see the shape in the patterns on the screen. I did read the other posts about it, but all seemed a bit vague. I hope you don't mind elaborating on what you are presented with during the test itself.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Adam. :ok:

woskam
17th Feb 2008, 19:34
Davina777,

Thanks for the link to Avon Causeway. I'm going to Stage 2 on the 18th March and I've just booked myself a room there. Here's to hoping the beer is as good as you say it is!

Tommy' C
18th Feb 2008, 16:37
High guys, can the Scottish guys who are on the course or who have applied specify what grades they got in Standard Grade and Higher certificates?

Just interested to see what CTC equivelate to A-Levels

Thanks

deltauniform
18th Feb 2008, 17:26
Hi all,

Ive been invited over for Phase 2 and just wondering about times.. If the tests begin at 13:00, is it unwise to book a flight home that same day for 18:30? Will I have enough time to get to the airport after the exams for 17:30?

DU

sleepyrascal
18th Feb 2008, 20:00
Delta,

You will almost certianly be finished by 4pm. I was on the road to heathrow by 4:05pm. Might be cutting it a bit fine if your flying from a london airport. If its bournemouth airport then you should be fine i would have thought.

sleepyrascal
18th Feb 2008, 20:07
Tommy C,

Prob best to call up CTC ad ask. I think im right in saying you can join CTC from the age of 17 however I think they value life experience very highly so i would get as much experience in aviation as you can and find a way to prove that aviation is to be your life.

Grades wise i got all credit passes in standard grade, 5 highers ranging from an A to a D, but then I also have an Hons Degree and an HNC in Mechanical engineering, plus im 25 so it easier (i think) for CTC to accept that i am 100% dedicated.

One if the ctc staff told us that there have been a couple of 18 year olds gone through the CTC process so your definately in with a chance! Go for it!!! :ok:

Geetea
19th Feb 2008, 00:04
I got all credit passes for my standard grades, 4 B's 2 C's with 2 Advanced highers in Maths and Physics and just about to finish my degree and i have just turned 20. The one and only one good thing about the scottish education system(in my opinion) is that you can get plenty of qualifications at an early enough age(some people can graduate with a degree at the age of 19!) I dont like my course at university,but through university i went through 2 years of the Air squadron(taught me so much and gave me valuable life experience!),learning to motivate yourself to study and hand coursework in is soo important. There would no way on earth that i would have had enough life experience/maturity if i applied as a 17 year old. Might have had the enthuasim but lackin the substance.

Hope that is of help

Exhibitz
19th Feb 2008, 22:00
Well, I am due to fly out in May, and my A levels were somewhat bad, only narrowly passed the requirement. Although my AS and GCSE were far better, i'm only 18. So sure its possible, grades aren't their main priority, its just showing them that you will be able to get through the training!

Tommy' C
20th Feb 2008, 06:37
Exhibitz - congratulations on passing all stages!
May I ask at what age you initially applied at stage 1? I thought it was 18 strictly, however I now begin to wonder if age of Application may be 17?

Thanks

Exhibitz
20th Feb 2008, 21:23
I was 18, I applied about 1 week after turning 18. It's a pretty fast turn around, from first applying and going out. So I think it's probs best to just wait till you're 18 :)

VS029
22nd Feb 2008, 10:31
Got a phone call this morning saying I passed Stage 3 yesterday.:) Anyone else who did it with me (21st Feb) find out yet?? I have stage 4 on 06th March. So excited. Is the sim anything to worry about?

VS029

polribgar
22nd Feb 2008, 11:25
I'll go the 13th.
If anyone wants to contact me, my e-mail is [email protected]
Please, Title the e-mail as CTC.

See you there!

PilotChris
23rd Feb 2008, 13:45
Hey everyone,
just a quick shout to see if anyone has passed stage 4 and has been placed on course CP61, so far there's 6 of us. Just wondered if anyone else had got put on the course. Join the group on face book if you have!

Chris

johnnyDB
24th Feb 2008, 16:56
can anyone tell me if there is a fee required for phase 3 as with phase 2 please?

Alin83
24th Feb 2008, 19:06
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the test in stage 2 is similar to the COMPASS test, that one that Oxford Aviation uses??

Cheers

CapCon
24th Feb 2008, 19:34
Hi Alin83,

CTC use the pilapt software http://www.pilapt.com/

Don't know how that compares to COMPASS

Hope this helps

CapCon

Alin83
24th Feb 2008, 19:40
Thanks for the link CapCon!

:)

CapCon
24th Feb 2008, 19:52
Pilapt-prep is practice software that you can buy. The link should take you to the Pilapt homepage.

Click on 'product' and then click on 'test'. This will give you a slideshow of the tests involved, albeit a very quick glimpse.

:ok:

olioli
24th Feb 2008, 23:40
Got an e-mail after phase 3 saying come back in a year. Bit of a disappointment but I wasn't well prepared for the technical questions and I made stupid mistakes. I've had another offer and I'm not sure what to do now:confused:. I can't see myself waiting 'til next year si I'm probably off elsewhere even though CTC is the place to be. Their loss. Good luck with phase 4 and all the best.:ok:

Alin83
25th Feb 2008, 09:33
I was wondering if anyone has more information about the numeracy test, is it problem solving?? Or mental calculations? Do they allow the use of calculator?? Any website with some sample questions?
:confused:
Thanks

99jolegg
25th Feb 2008, 10:04
I was wondering if anyone has more information about the numeracy test, is it problem solving?? Or mental calculations? Do they allow the use of calculator?? Any website with some sample questions?

It's simply reading and understanding the question, finding the relevant information and applying the necessary addition, subtraction, long multiplication or division.

You'll have one minute for each question so time is of the essence. You can't use a calculator, just pen and paper.

Alin83
25th Feb 2008, 10:39
Thanks for the reply 99jolegg!

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 13:35
The questions were very simple - just make sure you know things like seating configurations on different aircraft and have a succinct explanation of the basics like flybywire etc so that you don't come over as a pleb. To be honest I had to wait 3 hours for my interview so I wasn't very revved up when I went in the room and it showed. Make sure you ask them to clarify any technical questions before you makwe afool of yourself. I thought we were talking about the767 when we were raelly talking about the 757. If you have a favourite aircraft, it may be sensible to read in depth about it i.e. how it has developed and what it is used for. If in doubt say 'I'm not sure about that - what is the answer? - I do know this...........' and I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've had some VERY good news today so I'm back in the clouds.:O

Best of luck.

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 15:39
Some of the numeracy questions are VERY straightforward and take literally three or four seconds, others might take a little longer so don't panic if you spend more than a minute on the odd one. I had a few minutes spare to go back and look over my answers. It's not as hard as FTE, it's just basic number-crunching. I think they let people repeat it in any case.

A little tip is to immediately discount the answer which is obviously the odd one out AND cannot be right - it will jump out at you. You'll have fewer to choose from then and you may find that the answer becomes obvious before you've even reached the end of your calculation. In any case you have got quarter of an hour so if you get yourself to a point where you've done, say, seven questions in five minutes, you'll be sitting pretty with only eight questions to do in 10 minutes:ok:. You're doing these sums without a plane-load of passengers behind you so use it as a personal test to see how you cope with a little bit of stress. You are essentially testing yourself, you're just using their computers. Don't let the clock distract you - you have plenty of time and the pressure is all in your mind so you have to tell yourself that it's a simple game which is not asking much of you. The adrenaline will flow and you'll enjoy yourself - I promise.:)

sleepyrascal
25th Feb 2008, 17:59
Oli,

Can I just say... Whats flybywire?

I know relatively little about aeroplanes and layouts but i was told by CTC thats not particularly important. Im focussing on dynamics of flight and understanding the airline industry. At the end of the day, the planes will change, but the physics and the industry (generally) wont.

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 18:25
fly-by-wire is the flight control on the airbus which means that you cannot stall the aircraft by pulling the flight stick back too far etc. It essentially means tht instead of straightforward mechanical/hydraulic linkages from the flight controls to the elevators etc, there are electrical (i.e. wire) linkages so that the flight computer can stop the pilot from flying outside the aircraft's limits.

I take your point on flight dynamics - I agree and wish I had been asked only on those universal laws of flight but the point is I wasn't. I was asked about existing aircraft and their characteristics. Fly-by-wire is on all airbuses (and 777s) and is here to stay so I would class it as basic knowledge. My knowledge of it isn't great but they just seem to want you to have a general idea.

You may also want to consider that some aircraft have been around for 40+ years (747) and so the aircraft being produced at the moment may not actually change that much within your career. Also, whether the aircraft change or not, you will be flying the planes we have today to begin with.

I was also asked whether certain aircraft were wide-bodied or not and things like that.:ok:

greywind
25th Feb 2008, 22:08
You really should know the difference between the type of aircraft you could fly, espcially the difference between boeing and airbus.
You would enter the scheme and be flying in around 2 years so the planes around today and are the ones you will be flying when you finish.
Things such as Boeing Airbus differences are general knowledge within the aviation industry so you should really know at least a little about it.

Also for those guys who were talking about application age a few posts back - I'm out in NZ with CTC at the moment and two of the guys on our CP are 19 so applying young needn't be a problem. That said I think the average is around mid 20s with most people I think having a degree.

Polorutz
26th Feb 2008, 07:07
Sparks stop loitering in PPrune and go do some tracker. :P

sleepyrascal
26th Feb 2008, 19:25
Well Oli thanks for the info because i was under-prepared before that!! Ill need ot go do some research!!!!! :uhoh:

Geetea
26th Feb 2008, 21:52
remember that each interview varies, i do avionics engineering and i didnt get asked a single technical question to my dissapointment! (they must think because of my degree i should know it already!:eek::}) all i got asked about was a typical day of a pilot(went into a lot of detail!) and some potential hiccups and emergencies in the air. Went into leadership in some detail aswell.....It is a good experience despite the hairline retreating north during the course of the day! lol:}

CapCon
26th Feb 2008, 22:24
despite the hairline retreating north during the course of the day

Not just during the day! I must have lost 2 inches off my hairline in the 2 weeks since Phase 2! I'll be bald by this Thursday :eek:

Good luck to all on Phase 3 on the 28th. See you there :ok:

The African Dude
27th Feb 2008, 05:36
Geetea, I had the same interview! Was quite surprised... "what, you're not going to ask me about the Airbus' Green Blue and Yellow hydraulic systems?" Shame... alright perhaps I went a bit OTT with the prep. d'oh :ugh:

sleepyrascal
27th Feb 2008, 17:36
You know the Bournemouth stereotype... full of OAP's filling out crosswords and watching cheap gameshows... Its true.

With the exception of the rather alert looking OAP who, like me, is rattling away on his laptop making great use of the hotels wireless network, the rest are all 65+, chatting about rambling and a nice flower they saw last week etc. The TV is up really loud too!

However, I have a pint and im just sitting here trying to cram for the next 48 hours. Stage 3 tomorrow, stage 4 on Friday..... YIKES!!!

Good luck to all who have their phase 3 tomorrow!!!:cool:

Oh, and my hire car is a fiat punto. A surprisingly fun car and i managed to get 120 out of it on the M25... eh, i mean 125 on the radio... eh, volume... eh... no, MPG... yeah. :ok: SOrry Mr police man/europcar.

:=DISCLAIMER: I would never and have never broken a speed limit on a public road and everything mentioned in this post is purely for entertainment value. ;)

Alin83
27th Feb 2008, 19:48
Hi Sleepyrascal,

they don't really give much time between stages!!!!
Anyway, I'm going to have my stage 2 soon, do you know, apart from the pilapt-pre and the math test, do they test you as well on your eye-hand coordination (some excercises with joysticks), because I had to do some for FTE and I found it quite difficult without the right preparation!!??!!!

Any extra information about STAGE 2 are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Alin:O

sleepyrascal
27th Feb 2008, 20:00
Hi Sleepyrascal,

they don't really give much time between stages!!!!
Anyway, I'm going to have my stage 2 soon, do you know, apart from the pilapt-pre and the math test, do they test you as well on your eye-hand coordination (some excercises with joysticks), because I had to do some for FTE and I found it quite difficult without the right preparation!!??!!!

Any extra information about STAGE 2 are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Alin:O

Alin,

I was given stage 4 the day after stage 3 only becasue of the distance i travel to CTC. Its costing about £300 each time. Ouch. I think there is usually at least a couple of weeks between each.

As for info on stage 2, there is a load of info on these forums which i used in my preparation for stage 2. There is a fair bit of hand eye coordination. Big tip, if you have some spare cash buy a copy of flight simulator and a joystick and run through the training missions. You will need a fairly slick PC set-up to run it at a decent quality. Im running quad processors and it still cant run on full res. Failing that any game which will familarise you with using a joystick will help. Also, hold the joystick with one hand and support the base of the grip with your other hand. I did this to regulate the amount of movement i put through the stick.

Make sure your up to speed with your mental maths etc. Nothing to complicated... adding, subtracting, division and conversions.

sleepyrascal
27th Feb 2008, 21:17
It was CTC who suggested i do stage 3 and 4 together so no hassle whatsoever!

Thanks for the support!!! I'll let you know how it goes!:\

Alin83
27th Feb 2008, 21:26
Sleepyrascal

thanks for the reply! I wish you the best for the upcoming stage!!!

Can you advise any particular version of the Flight Simulator?

I have one for the MAC that is called X-plane, but is not particullary good for training... I have access to a PC but is not one of the latest, is still worth buying it?

99jolegg
27th Feb 2008, 21:33
Can you advise any particular version of the Flight Simulator?

FSX or X-Plane are fine; it's the coordination that will help you for the tests. You don't need to run the software with the sliders at maximum with all the eye candy, you just need the thing to fly.

Personally, I found the Cockpitweb tests to be a great help, not as an improvement tool, but as a mind-resting tool. Going to do something that is completely new is far more daunting than going to do something that you understand and that you have done before (or something similar). Others may disagree.

sleepyrascal
28th Feb 2008, 18:39
Yo,

Im out of the running. Lack of technical knowledge let me down. Been invited back in 6 months but I dont think i'll be taking up the offer.

I had a chance to really think about my position. I was so far behind the rest of the guys in terms of knowledge and one thing kept niggling in the back of my mind the whole time. Ive put so much effort into my current career and im moving up the ladder quite quickly. My current job is based in my home town where my family/girlfriend are and im not unhappy being there. I guess what im saying is that if I was 100% dedicated to becoming a commercial pilot none of the above would come into play. When I met everyone today I realised how lucky I was to be there with a few guys who would kill to be a pilot.

I think everything happens for a reason so im not going to jump off a cliff or even feel dissapointed about this. Its just another learning experience and If I did decide to try again, be it with CTC or otherwise, I would know how to prepare and go in with a more diverse knowledge of the industry.

At least I have my current career to fall back so not all bad plus I got an email today advising what my pay review was going to be... it was quite pleasant:ok:.

It was great meeting everyone and for those who do get through I wish you the best of luck. Your gona have an amazing time in NZ!!! 99.9% of me wishes I was coming with you.

All the best,
SR :sad:

CapCon
28th Feb 2008, 19:20
Ah Ewan, mate that's tough! Sorry to hear that but it's good to see you've got a positive attitude. At least you know, I'm still pulling my hair out waiting for the email :\

Was good to meet you mate. If you want to be a pilot then there's plenty of other ways other than CTC. If not then good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Good luck,

Ollie

Alin83
28th Feb 2008, 21:18
Sorry to hear that you out of the run Sleepyrascal, but I admire your positive attitude!!!
The more I read this messages the more I get worried about the test!!! I haven't even pass stage 2 yet and I'm already worrying about stage 3... let's see...
I just wonder how technical are they getting at the interview??? Do you need to know all AIRBUS and BOEING fleet inside out???????? Or is it about general knowledge such as principles of flying, etc.???

Goodluck to everyone else!!!!:ok:

99jolegg
28th Feb 2008, 21:23
They don't expect you to be a guru of aircraft. Have a good understanding of the principles of flight, what each aircraft looks like, the main differences between Boeing and Airbus. Also, a good knowledge of the industry and the business / management side of flying is a great help.

I wouldn't worry about what they are going to ask you. It's likely they'll ask you something that you had no idea they were going to ask you...something that makes you actually sit there and think before answering rather than reading off rehearsed lines. The more you get hooked up on learning each question you think they'll ask, the more likely you'll do badly on the ones that really count - the ones they know you won't really have prepared a specific answer for.

Mr_Turner
28th Feb 2008, 21:47
Evening there guys,

I have been reading these forums off and on for about six months now, and have contributed very little. Though finally I have set a date for phase two the 1st of April.

I know more or what to expect thank goodness thanks to this forum, though anybody heading down on the 1st of April would like to get chatting then feel free.

Though am I correct in saying that there are no representatives of CTC at phase two ? I thought there would be, considering that phase two is at a CTC centre ? Or am I mistaken ? Thank you.

sleepyrascal
28th Feb 2008, 21:48
The INTERVIEW>>>

Its not all technical stuff in terms of hydraulics, thermodynamics etc... Perhaps my initial post was misleading.

What you need is a base knowledge of the industry as a whole. Know a little bit about everything rather than know a lot about a few things. I fall into the 'knowingf a lot about a few things' and they simply didnt touch on the areas I am strong in.

I got roasted on my comments regarding carbon emmissions. What i mean is i talked about aviation being behind in the 'green' race compared to the car industry. I talked about the aviation industry having to embrace change and prepare to make changes. My mistake was that I didnt have the figures or the evidence to back up what I was saying. I was asked what the emissions per mile/per head was for an aircraft compared to a car. I had no idea and the interviewer simply said, "you should know that if your going to talk about carbon gasses". I initiated the carbon emmisions conversation in the first place. SO i guess if your going to have a speciality and want to bring it up in the interview, learn that subject inside out and make sure you know what your on about becasue you can bet your ass the interviewer will know at least as much as you.

TOP OF THE LIST: Read the threads on this forum about the negatives of being a pilot. Think about it. Think about it again and make sure your 110% dedicated. After today i realise im not and the interviewers saw that very quickly i think.

99jolegg
28th Feb 2008, 22:14
Though am I correct in saying that there are no representatives of CTC at phase two ? I thought there would be, considering that phase two is at a CTC centre ? Or am I mistaken ? Thank you.

Yes there are representatives of CTC at Stage 2. You'll speak to the lady at the reception desk (Gemma if she's still there), Daphne will give you a talk and presentation and will answer any questions you have, and Julie (I think) is the Human Resources manager that will talk to you about Phase 3.

I think I got the names right...

Mr_Turner
28th Feb 2008, 22:22
Thank you very much Joe, Ah yes I think I have spoken to Gemma and a few others because there was a problem with my application. Nice enough people........on the phone at least haha !

Looking forward to this day actually, I hope thats not a bad thing !

Mad_Max1984
29th Feb 2008, 13:06
Ewan, sorry to hear the news.
You shouldn't give up though, but if you don't feel CTC is worth another shot I wish you luck with your job.
Max

Penny89
29th Feb 2008, 16:11
hi, i am going to Stage 2 in April and i was wondering if anybody could tell me the sort of thing that is in the Maths test. i am a bit concerned as my maths is not the best! it would be good to know the sorts of questions etc to expect. thanks

CapCon
29th Feb 2008, 16:13
Finally got the phone call! Blimey what a relief! Phase 4 on the 13th of March. Anyone else going then? How did everyone else on Phase 3 yesterday get on?

Good luck

CapCon

sleepyrascal
29th Feb 2008, 16:27
Max,

I have to go back in 6 weeks but im having a think about it before agreeing to that. Its nothing against CTC, its a fantastic opportunity. Its more my own uncertainty. Maybe ive just been thrown off course a bit. I have time to think.

Ollie thats great news for you! You deserve it! Phase four should be ok I would have thought. Remember to work out your age in months and practice your backwards alphabet!!!!:ok::E

Mad_Max1984
1st Mar 2008, 07:31
Nice one Ollie mate, I got the call too. Can't believe it.
Haven't booked phase 4 yet though.
Glad your giving it thought Ewan, I think you will go through 2nd time round, but like you say you have time to think.:ok:

Geetea
1st Mar 2008, 12:25
another young scot hitting his university time!
i went to uni just after i turned 17 and im about to leave with a degree(hopefully!) and head out to new zealand in august and i have just turned 20! with most folk in the rest of the UK are really only starting uni when they are 19/20. University and the opportunities you get there can teach you a lot of the attributes that ctc look for; maturity,leadership and have some serious life experience. Your still 16,you can only get accepted by ctc if your 18 i believe so knuckle down at uni for 3 years,get a degree and go flying. Thats my 2p anyway

uk24nw
1st Mar 2008, 12:45
Is anyone else going to NZ on CP 62 (June)? Found out I had passed phase 4 yesterday and would be great to find out who else is going in June

pt_flyer
1st Mar 2008, 13:10
Hi guys,

To add to Tom's question, do you think CTC understand that you have no flying experience because lack of finance? The only flying experience I can get is a trial flight.

I have thought of getting a glider rating because it is cheaper than PPL. Is it best to get the glider rating or just save money for your professional pilot career?

Thanks,
Jorge

The African Dude
1st Mar 2008, 15:46
Jorge,

Many people who apply for the CTC Wings scheme have very little experience. List your one hour or whatever it is you can get as a trial flight. Then, you can explain in the interviews that it is due to financial reasons that you have not been able to pursue your training further, but that you have taken a trial lesson or two to ensure that flying is something you'll enjoy doing for a living.

Edit: I applied with 2h, 1 of which was gliders so don't worry!

pt_flyer
1st Mar 2008, 16:18
Thanks african dude, I was worried CTC don't like applicants with less than 5 hours.

greywind
2nd Mar 2008, 07:47
Don't worry about hours, although I would recommend a trail flight at least. Plenty of people out here in NZ with only a trail flight to their name at the start of the course

VS029
2nd Mar 2008, 09:08
Can you prepare for stage 4 at all? I understand its a way of showing them whether you are trainable, but im worried that I need to prepare myself in some way for the simulator...??

VS029

aemowens
2nd Mar 2008, 21:39
Hi VS029
I found looking at the cockpit layout and the instruments helped a lot - ie familiarise yourself with the displays and how to read them - makes it less daunting when the ask you questions if you know where to look for the answer! - But they do go through it all with you for quite a while, and you really only use a few instruments, so don't worry too much.

French Frog - tried to PM you, but your inbox is full! Let me know when you have it cleared!

andy_ie
2nd Mar 2008, 21:39
Alright guys and gals, first post here so firstly: hello, hope everyone’s well!!

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, but I have done a pretty exhaustive search along with reading many of the previous 70 pages!!!

Anyhow I am just about to send off my application to CTC for the cadets scheme and was wondering if some of you could answer the following:
Do CTC accept application year-round or do they stop taking applications every so often?
How often do CTC run the stage 2 days?
Also how long did it take from initial application to response (positive or negative) to a place (hopefully) at a stage 2 day?

Thanks a lot,

Andy

poss
2nd Mar 2008, 21:45
CTC are always recruiting. If they put a block on it, they will tell you and you aren't able to send off an application.
I think stage 2 is run once or twice everyweek.
The time it takes for a response varies, some get a response within a week - some a few weeks. I got mine about a week and a half after submitting it.
Hope this helps!

andy_ie
2nd Mar 2008, 21:51
Cheers for the info.
How long was it between the initial response and place at a Stage 2 day?

poss
2nd Mar 2008, 21:58
Depends, you can pick them. When I got my response they gave me a day every week in January. I went for the last week.

CapCon
2nd Mar 2008, 23:25
Thanks Ewan, what have you got to do when you go back in 6 weeks?

Well done Max that's great news! Have you booked Phase 4 yet? I might have to get my hands on a copy of flight sim and play around for the next fortnight :8

iFlyPilot, in response to your Uni question. From what I hear there are plenty of guys out in NZ without degrees. I don't think that having a confirmed place at uni will hinder your chances but CTC may ask that you complete your degree and then carry on at CTC. They like to see commitment and doing a degree shows just that. I also found it useful when asked questions at stage 3 such as what would happen if I lost my medical/ what's my fall back plan etc.

Cheers,

CapCon

Polorutz
4th Mar 2008, 00:15
Andy did you by any chance get your PPL at European Flight Training in april??

Ric00
4th Mar 2008, 11:41
Hi!

I'm going to the phase 2 of the above next monday.

Is that the one everybody is talking about with the big loan or it's just a brother self funded scheme?

Thanks

R.

99jolegg
4th Mar 2008, 12:19
This is the Wings Cadets thread, a different scheme to the iCP scheme.

Try this:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=314842&highlight=scheme

alanmtc
4th Mar 2008, 12:26
Can anyone direct me to the post that describes the pilapt test at phase 2. I saw the post a while back, but its like looking for a needle in a haystack!

CapCon
4th Mar 2008, 12:28
Selection descriptions are on the first page of this thread. Post number 6

99jolegg
4th Mar 2008, 12:31
Yes, this is what you want:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2733121&postcount=950

CapCon
4th Mar 2008, 12:38
I wouldn't stress too much about the marks out of 10 for each test. I would have given a different score for each test, it's just a personal opinion. To see screenshots of the test, go to http://www.pilapt.com/

Locarno
4th Mar 2008, 18:45
Hey everyone how are we all doing?

Quick question : Has anyone reading this gone through thier phase 3 for the second time?

If you have, please let me know (and preferably ASAP) - I'd love to have a quick chat with you!

Thanks!

Polorutz
4th Mar 2008, 20:44
I went to phase 3 two times, failed the first one, passed the second one and Im in NZ right now hehe.

Vbells
5th Mar 2008, 08:20
I am going for my Stage 2 on 1 April at 13:00 and I'm getting more than a bit nervous :eek: Is anyone else here going to be there that day?

smithey
5th Mar 2008, 09:24
Hi Vbells

I'm also going down for my stage 2 assessment on the 1st April at 1pm. We have plenty of time to prepare for it. It least its not like the Oxford 2 day assessment. Just half a day of aptitude and numeracy!

What I'm worried about is how far apart the other satges are as i'm in my final year at uni and my exams will be soon after stage 2!

Any one else on this date?

Andrew

Vbells
5th Mar 2008, 14:21
Hi Andrew,

Good to know someone else going at the same time :)

Have you done the Oxford assessment? Have been doing any preparation for stage 2?

smithey
5th Mar 2008, 15:28
No I haven't been to the OAA assessment but I am preparing for it as I'm doing it next week!

I am preparing for the stage 2 assessment. Everyday a set aside an hour or so, for research, aptitude, maths and physics! If you know what your expecting at stage two it will be fine, but i do know it is going to be tough!

Andrew

poss
5th Mar 2008, 22:07
Phase 3 over today, very nervous as to how I did. Met some great guys there, hopefully we all get through but at this point in time cannot even guess at how I did.

Just to say on phase 2 don't worry about scores, its your over all performance that counts!

Jordie1983
6th Mar 2008, 07:52
Hi all, thanks for this very informative thread.

Quick question, I actually failed A-level physics!!! (Was young and not commited at the time, wont tell ctc that but hey ho) Do you think CTC will dismiss my application straight off? Should I do the A-level again??

I am 25 now, with a degree in Sociology from Leeds. I actually got A's in Maths and Science at GCSE so know I can handle the maths.

My other A-Levels were English (C) and General Studies (B), and Sociology (A).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Jordan

99jolegg
6th Mar 2008, 08:56
You need two A levels at grade C or above to be considered for CTC. I'm not sure if they count General Studies as an A level, a lot of institutions (including universities), don't.

Either way, you are above the minimum required. They need not know about failing physics.

Jordie1983
6th Mar 2008, 09:07
Thanks for that. I am in the process of looking out my certificates, and am afraid that Physics will be on it!!

I am hoping that I can argue the point about the natural ability and my hard working ethic etc in an interview. Subject to passing the maths and aptitude tests of course.

Exhibitz
6th Mar 2008, 10:14
I also had a D in Physics, and passed. You just have to say that you were young and immature in the interview, and explain how you regret it.

aemowens
6th Mar 2008, 15:21
Hi Jordie
I didn't even do a physics A-Level, and I only did double science at gcse level, they didn't even question the physics thing in the interview - they asked me how I would cope with the maths - I think this was because I had accidentally put music A-level on my application instead of Maths A-level - Oops!! :)

I still got through tho, soI wouldn't worry too much - just explain (if they ask) that if you had your time again you'd try harder...etc etc You have a degree now tho and that shows you can study to a higher level regardless of the subject, so you should be fine.

poss
6th Mar 2008, 20:10
As we both discussed though DJ, they aren't looking for you to have all the skills there and then. They want to see you possess the ability to develope those skills, such as leadership etc. Just be sure you don't lie about something, they will catch you out as they will ask you to elaborate or develope your answer.
It is more of a chat than a grilling, as is said by the assessment team. You don't believe it at first but after talking with them you realise they are there to try and pass you, they want you to do well and they will ask you to develope answers to try and get the qualities out of you that they are looking for.
Fingers crossed for stage 4.

Jordie1983
7th Mar 2008, 07:30
Thanks for the info guys.

At stage one is it simply filling in your qualifications??

Once done how long before stage 2?

Thanks again.

99jolegg
7th Mar 2008, 07:57
Yes, Stage 1 is the initial application form, done online. You'll hear from Mary Brown / have your application updated and approved within 2-3 weeks. You may hear quickly, you may wait a bit longer, depends how busy they are.

Stage two can vary, you select a date yourself once your application has been passed.

Tamesy1
7th Mar 2008, 12:59
Just to reiterate DJ...I did phase 2 at the end of December, and was told by the end of Jan that I'd be heading Hamilton way in August! AND i had to delay phase 3 by 2 weeks due to exams!

poss
7th Mar 2008, 14:58
Just to add more to DJ's point.
If your younger, 18-19, it might be worth assessing yourself and thinking - Have I got experience in working in a team, have I had any tastes of leadership. CTC are looking for potential, not for you to have done all of those things. DJ and I met a guy there that said in his interview, I have not led a team but I feel I am prepared to do so.
It's a great experience to go through, really gets you thinking about the airline industry as a whole and what being an F/O entails. Just make sure your ready before you do it as you might not get another chance if you fail.

pt_flyer
7th Mar 2008, 15:08
Poss, did the guy you mention pass?

I am in that young age group you talk about. I have not had any work experience, but think that I have the capability to do well in a team working atmosphere. I hope to do a bit of volunteering before applying to CTC, it always looks good. Is there anything I can do that does not involve work experience to make me more attractive to the CTC assessment team?

Thanks

Penny89
7th Mar 2008, 15:21
hey i am also going to the stage 2 on the 1st April.... bit nervous about the Maths!!!

poss
7th Mar 2008, 15:28
Yes he was there doing his ATPL.
I'd say join a sports team or do tennis and organise matches etc.
Anything like that will boost your attractiveness to CTC. I'd say work experience is a good one to have as it gives you a lot to talk about in terms of responsibilities, customer experiences etc.

pt_flyer
7th Mar 2008, 18:49
Thanks guys. I guess I got to leave my swimming "team" (individual) and join my friend's water polo team.

You say that we can have other interests. For example, I love anything that lets you go faster than 100km/h, meaning I have a great interest for jets but also motorcycles. Does having a motorcycle lessen my chances at getting in because many people see it as a dangerous immature thing to have? Or should I just get rid of my motorcycle?:{

dj - Don't worry about the analogy, just took me a few re-reads to understand. I am tall and thin, you got me worried for a while.;)

leeus1
8th Mar 2008, 14:54
Anyone going to Phase 2 on 11th March??

If so i'll see you there :)

Alin83
8th Mar 2008, 19:06
Hi there,

I will be doing my stage 2 on the 11th of March! So I guess I'll see you there!!

A bit nervous.... but positive!

Locarno
9th Mar 2008, 14:05
Well I just thought I'd share my news! I had my phase 3 on thursday...it was a resit, I was told to come back after a year after my first shot at phase 3 back last June.

So yeah, I'm absolutely delighted to be able to say I passed! The feeling of elation is just incredible! I'm so relieved, to finally be nearly there on the thing that I've wanted for so long!

So anyways, anyone else that had their phase 3 on thursday (6th) drop me a message and let me know how you got on!

Good luck to those above with their phase 2s and so on!

See y'all in NZ!

Vbells
10th Mar 2008, 11:52
Does anyone know if the details in this link are still relevant?

The post is over 1.5 years old so I just want to make sure that I'm not expecting something completely different to whats in Stage 2 now! :hmm:

99jolegg
10th Mar 2008, 11:57
I think it's all still very much the same.

poss
10th Mar 2008, 12:04
Just to confirm that it is the same, I sat my stage 2 a few months ago and everything that is in that post is correct.

french frog
10th Mar 2008, 14:04
Anyone going to Phase 3 on 12th March?

If so i'll see you there

Kerosine
10th Mar 2008, 14:47
Well I've just spent the last 2 weeks on and off reading this thread, al questions have been answered apart from...

Will it affect my chances of getting through if I don't have a driving license? The money I've saved for it has been spent on flying!

poss
10th Mar 2008, 14:54
I don't have a driving license either, they have no dramas with it.
Infact that came up in my interview and I said cause flying is more important to me so I spend my money on that.

leeus1
10th Mar 2008, 21:16
For the guys who've done phase 2....

For the pattern identification in the pilapt tests, do the shapes you're looking for have the same orientation as it appears initially? Or are they rotated etc.
And can other shapes appear within the shape you're looking for?

I looked at the screen shot on the pilapt website and it looks incredibly confusing :s

Many thanks

Penny89
10th Mar 2008, 21:42
Hi, just wondering on the Pilapt test website there is no mention about the test - counting excersise that people have talked about, is there a counting excersise in the Pilapt test at Stage 2. Thanks

poss
10th Mar 2008, 22:25
Read the first page of this thread that'll give you a link to a full guide on Phase 2.
As for the shapes one, they can be any orientation. I found it a very hard one and at times couldn't see anything at all. Just don't worry about it.

CapCon
11th Mar 2008, 00:12
In the shapes exercise, the shapes will appear in the exact orientation as the example in the bottom box. It did in my test anyway. Best thing to do is read the instructions carefully.

Penny, the counting exercise forms part of the final capacity test. You will hear a starting number and the amount each number will reduce by i.e. 500 and 4. The countdown will then start and you will hear 500...496....492...etc. If the next number was 489 then the sequence has changed to 3 and you would pull the trigger on the joystick and so on. Next, you will do this while doing the deviation test. The last and final bi:mad:ch of a test will make you do the countdown, deviation and shape recognition all at once.

Certainly boggles one's mind :\ :ok:

poss
11th Mar 2008, 09:29
On the count down one my finger kept twitching on the joystick and I accidently pressed the trigger a couple of times :(.
The shape orientation, I was sure I saw some upside down... but then it was a difficult one, perhaps my mind was playing with me.

BitMoreRightRudder
11th Mar 2008, 09:38
Kerosine

You will need a driving licence (and a car!) for the Bournemouth phase of training. And definately once you get to your airline. Public transport is no use for that 5am report!

sarah2001
11th Mar 2008, 10:35
do ctc use compass or pilapt for aptitude testing??????

thanks!

poss
11th Mar 2008, 11:16
Pilapt

bjkeates
11th Mar 2008, 11:41
You will need a driving licence (and a car!) for the Bournemouth phase of training.

Not strictly true, I managed to get through Bournemouth without having a car as did a few other cadets, but most people do have a car. Although it's not compulsory, it's a real pain in the neck if you don't have one. The same goes for the BGS brush-up weeks.

leeus1
11th Mar 2008, 21:21
Any of the guys (or girl ;) ) from phase 2 - 1pm today (11/03) get through? Obv some did but would be good to hear from you guys again, good or bad!

Lee

Ghostie31
11th Mar 2008, 21:29
Hey Lee, yup got through! Good luck for Ph3, just woking on the questions now! Takes some thinking about!

Cas

Penny89
11th Mar 2008, 23:46
thanks CapCon !!!!

Alin83
12th Mar 2008, 08:27
:sad: The girl did not get through!!!! But I have been invited to take phase 2 again in 6 months (which will feel like an eternity).

:D congrats for all of you that made it to the next stage , wish the best and I really hope that we will meet in NZ again!

Good luck guys
I keep my fingers crossed

Nila

leeus1
12th Mar 2008, 10:50
Unlucky nila! :( keep at it though.

Any idea if the guy from portugal made it through?

Alin83
12th Mar 2008, 12:09
Hi Lee,

Goncalo made it, really happy for him. I will make it next time, the only way to stop me getting there is killing me;)!

Good luck for phase 3!

Ciao
N

xpto_s1
12th Mar 2008, 12:10
Yeah.. I've got through half of stage 2 as i have to retake the maths test again. Tricky maths :hmm:.. i knew i had srewed up in the maths test. But today i already got the email to attend stage 3 on the 2nd april. Probably i will do the maths test again on that day.

As for the stage 3 i'm starting to panic a bit, because as most of you probably seen, i was too nervous and my english started to get out like crap, i was simply not relaxed enough. And in my opinion this will be the hardest phase for me.

Anyway.. Who passed or how many went through stage 2 on the 11th ? Anyone knows?

Good Luck,

Goncalo ( "The quiet" portuguese guy :) ) LOL

Ghostie31
12th Mar 2008, 12:14
Hey Goncalo,

Im going to Ph3 on the 2nd aswell.

If you think you are going to have trouble with your english in "pressure" situations the only way to get over it is practice!
Give some sort of brief to as many friends, relatives and randomers that you can scrape together. I had a similar problem a while ago and practice has helped no end!

Good luck and I'll see you in April!

Cas

leeus1
12th Mar 2008, 12:19
It's really annoying that i cant remember anyone's names..

I'd be interested to know who made it through.

I've got my phase 3 on April 2nd, so i'll see you guys there! Goncalo, if you're worried about nerves etc, we could all meet up the night before for a drink - it'd probably help with the group exercises if we sort of already know each other.

Lee

xpto_s1
12th Mar 2008, 12:25
everyone online hey!

yeah. but my problem is more in the 1st part of stage3 as im not even prepared and since i got here in london i haven't been active with my social life and i even got "rejected" sometimes which i think that lowered my optimism about socialising a bit more.. Nila was important to me as i didn't felt rejected with her and i was sure that she was interested in what i was saying about all this. so guys u are ahead on this one.. but i will give my best again and try to interact a bit more with you guys like i was in the past.

As for the interview i'm not tooooo much worried. well half worried LLOOOLL

if you want to add me on msn i will be happy to talk/write a bit more with you guys.

[email protected]

Good Luck once again!

Goncalo

xpto_s1
12th Mar 2008, 12:30
FINE 4 ME LEE!! I really thank you and i like this kind of attitude.. it is also good to start sharing some aviation knowledge. so say something or add me on msn and i will definately go.. if you are avaiable earlier, better, i will go whenever i can and have a chat.

Goncalo

Ghostie31
12th Mar 2008, 13:15
Well done Daryl!

Should be able to have a quick drink and a chat after P3, let me know which hotel your at and i'll swing by after!

chat soon

Cas

ozman777
13th Mar 2008, 05:10
Hello guys !

I will resit my Phase 3 soon. It should be at beginning of April (3rd?). I will phone to Mary Brown in a while. I failed (a bit more than) 6 months ago due tu my poor English. :ugh:

Well, guys I wish you to have all you need to pass this Phase 3 ! :ok:

If someone thinks that we'll sit Phase 3 together: :rolleyes:
frite777{at}hotmail.com (MSN)

pt_flyer
13th Mar 2008, 12:19
Hey Gonçalo,

Nice to see a Portuguese passing phase 2 at CTC.:ok:
Did you do your high school over here in Portugal? Where did you go to University? I am asking this because I also want to go to CTC one day, have been thinking of going for a long time. But first, I have to finish my high school and get high marks.

Don't worry about phase 3. I think they care about your personality and interest for aviation, not your pronunciation.

Cheers,
Jorge

xpto_s1
13th Mar 2008, 21:55
Hi Jorge!

Basically, i did my high school (12o) in Portugal. I guess that this is enough but i also made a 3D course in Saldanha (Lisbon), an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Test here in London, and i have a Medical Class 1 as well.

You should do a passport as our Portuguese National Identification Card (BI) has less value.

I was also enroled in London Metropolitan University on Airport Managment and Operations (Pilot's Pathway), but canceled the course as student finance wouldn't cover flying hours. I went there because of a portuguese girl that said she got her flying hours covered by student finance, which was a big lie!

Anyway i guess that you only need a passport and the High School certificate.. as for the grades i don't know what is needed, but in the British Council website is stated that our 12o diploma is equivalent to A-Levels. Now i don't understand much of these A-Levels and how do they do it here.

Goncalo

pt_flyer
13th Mar 2008, 22:36
Goncalo,

English is not a problem for me. I lived 10 years in the USA. Lucky me. Problem is deciding if I want to go to university before applying because I don't want to waste a once in a lifetime opportunity. Did you go to university? Or did you just apply to CTC after high school?

Jorge

SAA
14th Mar 2008, 18:15
Well done poss!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pt_flyer
14th Mar 2008, 21:38
DJ congratulations. Looks like the light racing in your BMW really prepared you for the sim. Really got to try that some time soon.;)
Hope you the best at NZ.

poss
14th Mar 2008, 22:49
Also passed stage 4 today, fantastic feeling I tell you.
It's funny that we had opposite problems with the sim eh Dave, you with the lighter inputs and me with heavier ones due to the aircraft we fly. Myself a Tomahawk and you a Bulldog. The ride home after we found out involved quite random outbursts of joy :p.
I'll be on CP62, which I know of one other that will also be on the same one, shame you wont be on it Dave. Sim ride was very enjoyable, you know your been assessed but man you have fun doing it.

Gar
16th Mar 2008, 01:15
Eventually managed to catch up with this thread, took all night but it was worth it for the wealth of information! I have stage 2 on 18/3 but that isn't my main concern.

Without getting ahead of myself I have a question about stage 4. I have 1 hour trial flight time in a Cessna 152 (plus literally hundreds of hours of messing around in FSX). If I manage to get to Stage 4 is flying a 737 not going to be a bit much? Have people made it to NZ with little or no flying experience?

Anyway I will be doing well to make it to that stage. I mentioned in my application that I did not graduate uni so I look forward to justifying that at interview if I get there :ugh: I felt I had to be brutally honest with something as serious as this.

Cheers

Geetea
16th Mar 2008, 01:42
I have still have the mammoth task of graduating from uni,but thank goodness its not required! The flight sim is straightforward enough,slightly stressful because u are being assessed.Plenty of folk get through the selection with little flying hours. But they have to show the maturity and desire(as do everyone else anyway) to sell themselves as potential captains. The flight sim just requires good instrument scanning and listening to everything the guy says to you in the brief and in the cockpit!!

poss
16th Mar 2008, 09:53
Geetea don't forget self assessment.
The assessor Dave and I had wanted you to know where you were going wrong and how you were going to fix it.
This thread is almost as long as the original thread now. :}

CapCon
16th Mar 2008, 15:08
Yeah, at the end of the assessment I asked him how he thought I did and he came back with 'How do you think you did?' :ugh: So then had to self evaluate on the spot as he was obviously still assessing at that point. He was a great guy though.

You don't need to know how to fly to pass phase 4. Treat it exactly like a lesson and do whatever the assessor says. They want to see you learn quickly rather than your flying skills

leeus1
16th Mar 2008, 18:32
Cas/Goncalo,

Have you guys sorted out a hotel for our Phase 3?

Would be cool to stay at the same place..

Lee

leeus1
16th Mar 2008, 18:34
Also, can anyone tell me when each month the courses start? I read somewhere that someone left on the 6th of a month to go to New Zealand, but wasn't sure if that was roughly the same every month.

Thinking a bit ahead i know, but curious :)

Lee

poss
16th Mar 2008, 19:23
CP62 leaves on the 4th June. I believe CP64 leaves on the 6th August so I guess they rotate the dates.

Ghostie31
16th Mar 2008, 20:47
hey Lee,

I live in Southampton so will be driving down on the day, would've been good to get a drink in before tho.

Hopefully some celebratory ones after!!!??

Cas

leeus1
16th Mar 2008, 21:07
Ahh that's a shame mate. Well yeah lets hope it all goes to plan..

See you then!

Lee

Kerosine
17th Mar 2008, 08:44
I still haven't managed to find out (or figure out) what CP actually stands for, any suggestions?

PAJ
17th Mar 2008, 09:54
cadet pilot

Kerosine
17th Mar 2008, 11:22
Ah, quite obvious really....

I've been contemplating possible questions I may be asked in an interview (assuming I get that far), and gathering as much info as possible to help me answer them; one that worries me is what a First Officer's duties include, and what an average day would consist of? Short of posting a question on main forum or speaking to pilots where can I start looking?

99jolegg
17th Mar 2008, 11:24
http://flydamnit.com/2006/07/02/duties-of-a-captain-and-first-officer/

http://www.beanairlinepilot.com/forums/expressjet-jeremy/5669-duties-first-officer.html

Try those.

Kerosine
17th Mar 2008, 11:27
Chr*st on a bike, that was quick!

Thanks!

xpto_s1
17th Mar 2008, 11:48
Hi Lee / Cas..

I don't know yet about the hotel, but for me is fine to stay on the same as you.

Thanks,
Goncalo

poss
17th Mar 2008, 12:21
I've been contemplating possible questions I may be asked in an interview (assuming I get that far), and gathering as much info as possible to help me answer them; one that worries me is what a First Officer's duties include, and what an average day would consist of? Short of posting a question on main forum or speaking to pilots where can I start looking?

Best way is go down to your local flying club and talk to the pilots... no doubt be someone there that is an F/O or a captain. I have an instructor that is Captain on 737 so it was quite easy to obtain any information I needed.

dyrojo
17th Mar 2008, 15:03
Hi, does anyone have an idea of the number of applicants initially and the number of successful applicants on their way to NZ?
Thanks

poss
17th Mar 2008, 15:10
I think it's 120 - 150 applicants a week.
What I know for sure is between 30% - 50% pass application stage.. 4% pass selection stage.

leeus1
17th Mar 2008, 15:10
We were told at Phase 2 that there are about 150-200 that apply per week, and only 30-40 that get selected for Phase 2. I think she said that about 50% of those get through Phase 2, and 50% of those get through Phase 3. It's then 85% that pass Phase 4.

So about 5% from start to finish. But I guess you only need to fulfill the criteria for applying to get into Phase 2, so although 5% sounds crazy it is more like 20% once you make Phase 2..

I may be wrong with my figures though :)

Lee

Supersport
17th Mar 2008, 23:24
Hello all, I have been asked to attend phase 2 and phase 3 of the selection process for CTC. My problem is I cannot find my A-level certicates (or any other results for that matter) I am assuming they have been lost in the abyss from moving house etc. I know I might be able to get replacement certificates, but might be cutting it a bit fine time wise. How important are the certificates? Is it a definite no no if you haven't got them?

leeus1
17th Mar 2008, 23:32
I'd give them a call/email and ask.. They took my certificates off me at the start of phase 2 day and gave them back at the end of the day. So they obviously do look at them..

bjkeates
18th Mar 2008, 00:46
It would be best to speak to the selection team. The certificates are checked and are required.

If you can't find them, have a look on the websites of the exam boards. Although you cannot obtain duplicate certificates unless you can provide proof of loss due to something like a fire (i.e. they won't replace ones that have simply been mislaid), you can get from them a "Statement of Results" which, while not a certificate as such, is alleged by the exam boards to be universally accepted in place of a certificate for the purposes of proving results.

This (http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-EXAMRECORDS.PDF) PDF from the AQA website (one of the exam boards) is an example. The first page explains what you need to do.

Jordie1983
18th Mar 2008, 08:56
Hi all.

I have done a few searches on the above topic, ie taking your family to NZ with you, and found a couple of useful comments about sorting out your own accommodation etc etc, however some other info was PM'd to people so I dont know any specific details.

If anyone has any experience with taking family with them or how CTC view it, also if it would hinder me in an interview etc I would be most grateful.

Thanks Jordan,

Oh PS, When filling in the online form there is nowhere to put sporting clubs, interests etc. Is it simply that they are only interested in the minimum requirements and will get the other info off you in an interview scenario?

poss
18th Mar 2008, 09:07
Unfortunately I don't know anything more than what you have read about the family going to NZ also.
When it comes to the online application they get a lot of them a week... at this stage they don't care about sporting groups and interests as you guessed all they want to see is the basic requirements and then if you pass phase 2 they will want to get to know you there.

Supersport
18th Mar 2008, 09:49
I too would appreciate it if anyone could advise on whether or not this is feesible. In exactly the same boat as you Jordie1983. 14 months is a long time when you have a child.

99jolegg
18th Mar 2008, 15:43
Can I just check something...

Whilst out in NZ for 12-14 months, do you still come back twice for a few days leave and complete half of the ATPL exams? I know I've read that's what they do somewhere along the line. The website isn't too clear, they say:

Your Commercial Pilot Licence and Instrument Rating (CPL/IR) training will take about 14 months. The first 12 months are completed in New Zealand at our Crew Training Centre at Hamilton International Airport, returning to the UK to sit your Airline Transport Pilot licence (ATPL) theoretical knowledge exams and to enjoy some well-deserved leave.

If so, are we talking about 4 months in NZ at a time?

Thanks,

The African Dude
18th Mar 2008, 15:48
It's about 6.5 months at first, then return for 2 weeks of brush up, a week of exams and about a week's leave. Then you're back in Hamilton for about another 4.5 months until the final exams back in the UK. At least that's what it looks like on my schedule, anyway! :}

CapCon
18th Mar 2008, 16:12
Hey African Dude,

How long did it take you to receive the 'What happens next pack' after finding out you passed selection? Does it come by post or email? I'm feeling so impatient, just want to crack on with the preparation :8

Cheers,

CapCon

99jolegg
18th Mar 2008, 16:15
Ah right. So, once you're back to do the final exams, are you back for good? Do you finish the final exams in Bristol and then head over to Bournemouth for the next part?

bjkeates
18th Mar 2008, 17:32
In a word, yes!

The African Dude
18th Mar 2008, 18:00
Hey CapCon, it comes by post. The date on mine is about 4 days after successful selection although yours may differ. Add postage time and bingo. I know what you mean about impatience - but I can assure you that once you get the pack, there will be plenty to keep you busy! Enjoy :ok:

poss
18th Mar 2008, 18:03
Lol African Dude, I think we've all read the stories of how much paper work there is in it to read and sign just by reading this forum. :ugh:
Still would be nice to be able to get on with it and sort everything.
:}

CapCon
18th Mar 2008, 18:06
Thanks African Dude. Hopefully that means it's going to arrive in the next couple of days! Can't wait to find out exactly how much needs to be done before heading out :ok:

aemowens
18th Mar 2008, 23:30
Hey All,

On my schedule it appears I am out in NZ from May to start Dec, then back to UK until sometime in Jan - 2 weeks revision, 1 week leave, 1 week exams (or something like that) then back out to NZ, for about 2.5months then back for another 2 weeks revision, exams and a bit more leave then its down to bournemouth. No more time in NZ after that.

Ann

Pilot RatBoy
19th Mar 2008, 07:06
You can expect to be in NZ for 7 months initially, then you fly back to the UK for 5 weeks. These5 weeks are broken down into 1 week leave then 2 weeks revision at bristol then 1 week of exams at bristol followed by another week of leave then is back to NZ. The second phase of NZ is approximately 4 months long, after which you return to the UK and the first 5 weeks back are as before. Once the exams/leave is over you then go to bournemouth to finish your IR.

With regards to family in NZ, CTC are not fantastic fans of having partners accompanying cadets and I am unaware of their position regarding kids. If you take children then it is likely that you will have to fund your own accomodation as us cadets only live in single accomodation. They can occasionally squeeze a double in, but almost certainly will not get 3 people to a room. Obviously you would need to seek more detailed/personalised advice from someone at CTC before deciding on anything.

Hope this helps, if not then send me a pm and i'll try to help.

Ps Jordie

Yes it may hinder you in your interview, as they may question your commitment to the cause. For example if you fly long haul then you could spend quite alot of time away from home. It sounds really harsh, but flexibility is one area that you are assessed on throughout assessment. I had to convince them that I was prepared to leave my girlfriend for my training period!

fat_albert
20th Mar 2008, 04:20
My Wife and two year old daughter are out with me here in NZ. The accommodation CTC provides is not suitable for kids so I am renting a place 5 minutes from the training centre. CTC have been very supportive with my family being here and I haven't had any problems living away from the other cadets.

Yes, you have to remain focussed, but there are plenty of times to relax and enjoy being with your family. Coming home to see my daughter's smiling face after 6 hours of ATPL Law lectures definitely helps!

PAJ
20th Mar 2008, 07:58
I guess it's pretty tough for those without a family to envisage how much you will miss them and how much this in itself might affect your concentration and ability to focus attention where it is required. My personal thoughts are that you are better being out here on your own if you can be.

The schedule at CTC is quite a changable thing at the best of times (any cadet out here will be far too farmiliar with this fact!!) and this makes planning any down time very difficult. There is more time in the first phase to be away from the training centre than in the second NZ stint. It is quite normal in the second stint to do 5-6 10 hour days oper week when the flying is going smoothly and the lectures are in full swing. In fact we all just recieved an email today to tell us that we are to have 'standby' days when we are not booked in to fly where we must be contactable and available to fly at fairly short notice to make the most of available aircraft slots! Flexibility is not an ideal, it is a pre-requisite to coming out here (and no doubt for a great deal of the career path ahead) and you will need to demonstrate you are able to be flexible and focused throughout. When the family are around, it would probably make it much easier to turn down that extra flight or mass brief after a long day (although I am sure there are a number of cadets who feel the same way about the crate of beer sitting in the veg compartment of their fridge back at Clearways!).

It's all down to the individual. It will definitely be about 7 months out here in the first stint with a very busy and stressful 4 out of 5 weeks when back in the UK followed by about 3-4 months in the second stint and this may be too much time to be away from your children. Having them back in the UK waiting for you to return might just provide the motivation to push you through the course. Either way, you will need to think about your own accommodation at your own expense if you do choose to bring them out here.

geturwingover
20th Mar 2008, 14:42
Hi potential CTCers

Just found someone has started a thread for ex CTC cadets to give you some feedback on how they found everything..... its only just starting but definately a place to ask questions and get VERY honest answers... you might be quite surprised at some of them ;-)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=311871

Gar
22nd Mar 2008, 12:10
Would someone who has completed Phase 3 be willing to assist me a little with interview preparation? My main concern is overloading myself with technical information. MSN would probably be the best option. TIA

Gar
22nd Mar 2008, 12:45
Thanks for the response, that has certainly put my mind at rest as I have been studying a lot of those areas so far.

With regards to fleet - how much detail should we be going in to here? Passenger capacities? Engine types and performance figures? How many rivets used in construction?

poss
22nd Mar 2008, 14:28
Basically you need to know what the partners fly and typical destinations they would fly to. Perhaps be good to know about the differences between boeing and airbus jets... also some information on new aircraft that are in production or soon to come out.

Exhibitz
22nd Mar 2008, 20:15
Sounds a bit risky DJ, people have been caught out knowing "a little about alot" , they prefer to pick areas and drain you of all you know on it. If you decide to research about something, you better know it well, they keep pushing you. Whereas if you just say I have never really looked into that topic, it will probably work best in the long run, if you can just learn the lot!

poss
22nd Mar 2008, 22:36
As long as you can justify why you know only a little on a subject that should be good enough.... but hey whose to say but the interviewers.

Kerosine
23rd Mar 2008, 02:29
Try to know a little about a lot rather than a lot about a little.

Put the time in and know a lot about a lot!

Gar
23rd Mar 2008, 12:23
A lot about everything it is then :}

Geetea
23rd Mar 2008, 17:27
For my interviews i go in with the mentally of to try and know more than my interviewers. Sometimes impossible but its not a bad target to try and hit.

Tamesy1
23rd Mar 2008, 22:54
Agree with that, in my interview I was asked about the differences between airbus and boeing cockpits. Obviously gave the usual chat about fly-by-wire etc, but made them chuckle when i mentioned the different coloured route-lines on the GPS, Airbus being green instead of Boeings pink! They must love the geeky plane jokes!

DooblerChina
25th Mar 2008, 08:34
magenta!!!

Certainly not pink

Borg
25th Mar 2008, 17:29
Hey guys,

Anyone going to do their phase 2 on the 16th April? If so, want to meet up beforehand?

RD29
26th Mar 2008, 11:25
can someone please help me with a question. During stage 2 you have to keep the cross centred. I would like to know when you move the joystick does the cross move in the same way as the joystick or like an aircraft stick ie when you move it down the cross moves up? I woulod be very grateful for any help. Also any tips for the frame game?

CapCon
26th Mar 2008, 11:29
Hi RD,

The joystick acts as if you were flying an aircraft. If you push forward the line will move downwards or pull back and the line will move up. Not sure what you mean by 'frame game' so can't help.

Gar
26th Mar 2008, 11:33
By the frame game I imagine you mean flying the "aircraft" through the boxes or frames? The only advice I can give you for that is fly through the boxes! As with any kind of flying be very careful that you don't over-compensate for being slightly off-line. It's all about smooth control inputs

Matt101
26th Mar 2008, 11:37
Hey all,

I had my Phase 2 yesterday - sadly I didn't make it through but have been invited back in 6 months.

Needless to say I am a bit gutted but at least it's a positive that I'll have another chance.

Is there anyone out there who went through the same and was successful at reapplication - if so I'd love some tips on how you went about improving your scores the second time around - personally I think the Deviation Indicator and flyign through frames was realtively easy for me - I got decent scores - though the DI4 part 4 (ie the really horrible one at the end) and the Hands game really threw me!

Well done to those that got through - hopefully given some time I'll get to Join you!

Matt

woskam
26th Mar 2008, 16:03
Matt101,

I passed stage 2 a few weeks back, having previously done PILAPT tests with Cabair too. As far as the "Hands" task goes my only advice is to take your time and really think about what you're being asked to identify; maybe play it out in your head first - remember you've got as long as you want in between hearing the search criteria and having to press the green button!

dieheart
26th Mar 2008, 17:47
Hey, is anyone going to the phase 3 selection on april 9th? Let me know so perhaps we could meet up before/after!

woskam
27th Mar 2008, 16:49
sorry dieheart, I'm there on the 10th! Anybody else who attended stage 2 on the 18th march get through?

dieheart
27th Mar 2008, 17:06
no problem woskam and good luck! i'll hopefully have my phase 4 on the 10th april as i'm flying in from malta for these tests.

woskam
27th Mar 2008, 17:13
You're doing phase 4 the day after? I knew that you could sometimes manage to do phases 3 & 4 quite close together, didn't realise it was that close! Best of luck mate!

Gar
30th Mar 2008, 20:40
woksam: I was there on the 18th, morning session. Were you AM or PM? Also going down on the 10th, see you there :ok:

Kerosine
30th Mar 2008, 21:42
If anyone has some input on the following thread it would be appreciated, I posted in the training forum so some of you may not have seen it.

The Course (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4006580#post4006580)

Thanks

RD29
30th Mar 2008, 23:04
Firstly thank you to all of you for your help. I was wondering if any of you can help with a query I have?

For the math test can any of you give some examples of the type of questions they ask. I think someone mentioned conversions and speed but can anyone give me an example ie the wording? I would really be grateful!

Also any news whether Wings and ATP piots are now being sent to Ryanair, either now or in the future.

Mucho Gracias....you all are the best :O:O:O:O:O:O

Gar
30th Mar 2008, 23:22
I really don't think it would be wise to give proper examples, it would kind of negate the point of the exercise. Lets just say pretend you have a certain amount of a currency. Convert that currency into another, then that amount into another.

Trust me - the Maths is nothing to worry about

Oh, and with respect to your second point I don't think they are sending pilots to Ryanair as they are not a partner airline but I stand to be corrected

woskam
30th Mar 2008, 23:42
Gar,

I was in the PM session mate, never mind I'll see you on the 10th anyway!

McWho
2nd Apr 2008, 08:37
I just rang CTC to request some feedback since I failed Phase 3 some time ago now.

I was told over the phone that there is a 'no for reapplication' against my name, and was even told I would not be allowed to reapply in 6 months or a year.

I messed up big time on the day, I felt sick as anything and congested

Now im feeling pretty crushed.

99jolegg
2nd Apr 2008, 09:12
Don't give up, CTC's application process is only one application process to go through. Just because you don't meet their requirements (for any reason) it doesn't mean you don't have what it takes to become an airline pilot. CTC tell you this themselves on the website.

If CTC won't give you any feedback (they don't generally unless you are asked to re-apply) then self-analyse your performance. In the interview, did you notice any areas you were weak in? In the team building, did you play as part of the team? There are plenty of questions you can ask yourself to help you next time.

Pick yourself up and stick at it! :ok:

raoul80
2nd Apr 2008, 11:58
Hi guys i'm italian and I've not a very good english. Is it a big problem?

Vbells
2nd Apr 2008, 12:22
I'm so excited - I got through Phase 2 yesterday :) My assessment was at 13:00 yesterday and I got the email by 17:00. Does anyone know how long it takes them to contact you to arrange a date for Phase 3?

How did other people from yesterday's session get on?

Varie

Kerosine
2nd Apr 2008, 14:16
Hello all,

Anyone out on the 30th April for stage 2/3?

Gar
2nd Apr 2008, 21:59
I got my phase 3 date around midday the day after my phase 2, so not long to wait! Based on my experience your phase 3 will be about 3 weeks or so away from your phase 2 day.

How long does it take to get the results of phase 3?

Jordie1983
3rd Apr 2008, 06:47
I'l be there on the 30th!! Sounds like it will be quite a day!! Two phases in one day (hopefully!!), oh well its cheaper that way I guess.

Jordan.

starky82
3rd Apr 2008, 09:25
Just got told that i passed phase 3 yesterday.got to do phase 4 at nursling. anyone got any recommendations for hotels/b&b nearby?

leeus1
3rd Apr 2008, 09:32
Starky, what's your first name?

I passed yesterday's phase 3 as well! When do you have to be there?

I'm also interested in a b&b/hotel..

Well done mate,

Lee

leeus1
3rd Apr 2008, 13:07
Was that the Lyndhurst Park one? I'm being booked into that one..

Lee

mattkcraven
3rd Apr 2008, 13:51
Yeah Lee, thats the same place, right next to the ferrari dealership :cool:

poss
3rd Apr 2008, 14:40
Yes DJ and I stayed in lyndhurst... as said the decor is very depressing :p.
The Italian down the road is very nice and friendly, it's a very small walk to the right if you are walking out the car park to the main road - the guys on the reception can tell you where.

Speedbird715
3rd Apr 2008, 14:50
I'm currently working on my application for CTC Wings Cadets. Just two questions on that - I hope this is the right place to put them...

1) Within the online application form there's a section for "referees". Whom would you put in there? Ex-Teachers / Flight Instructors? Will CTC contact them? I'm just a bit reluctant to put other people's detailled addresses and phone numbers in there.

2) How long would the whole screening process through all the stages take if I submitted my application now? (roughly ;) )

Any information appreciated!

Kerosine
3rd Apr 2008, 14:54
1) Within the online application form there's a section for "referees". Whom would you put in there? Ex-Teachers / Flight Instructors? Will CTC contact them? I'm just a bit reluctant to put other people's detailled addresses and phone numbers in there.

Ask your referees before entering their details, I'm sure they are held securely in CTC's database. Teachers/Instructors/Employers (but not close friends/family) are ideal. CTC did not contact them for me to progress to stage 2/3, but may check them later.

2) How long would the whole screening process through all the stages take if I submitted my application now? (roughly ;) )

I'm sure it was mentioned some months ago on this thread that a chap got through the whole thing in 3/4/5 weeks? Someone I'm sure will help you out on that...

Ollie268
3rd Apr 2008, 15:04
hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could PM me as to what exactly the deal is with CTC Wings? I mean if you are successful throughout the 4 stages where does it go from there? ie- can you chose which airline you go to? Sorry if this has been answered before but there are a lot of pages to look through...! Thanks for your help.

leeus1
3rd Apr 2008, 15:57
Turns out i've been booked into Dibden Manor for my Phase 4!

Really looking forward to it, just hope it goes smoothly!

SpeedBird...

After I submitted my application, I heard back within an hour (must be a record!) with Phase 2 dates. They were as soon as the following week, but i picked one a few weeks later.

My Phase 2 was 11th March, my Phase 3 yesterday (2nd April), and Phase 4 is 9th April. Hope that helps!

j90lby
3rd Apr 2008, 16:18
Hi,

Has anyone who passed phase three yesterday got their phase 4 on the 17th April?

If so, are you staying at a hotel the night before?

Let me know

J

sheff1
3rd Apr 2008, 16:24
Hi Varie.

I passed my phase 2. Had to wait till 1 in the morning to get to a computer. Have you heard anything about phase 3?

Chris (guy at the airport).

smithey
3rd Apr 2008, 18:57
Hey Varie and Chris,

I too passed Stage two! Very happy when i got back home where an email was waiting for me!!

I got contacted the next day offering me a place for stage 3 for the 9th April. I've asked if i can postpone this until after the 18th may due to final year exams!

Good luck to you both and maybe see you soon!

Andy (guy that gave you both a lift!)

Hope the wait in the airport was too bad!!

leeus1
3rd Apr 2008, 19:11
Greg - from Phase 3 on 2nd April.... did you make phase 4? I'd really like to know... If you can register on pprune and let me know i'd appreciate it.

Cheers buddy.

Lee

sheff1
3rd Apr 2008, 19:35
Hi,
I've got my phase 3 on the 24th April. Good luck with the exams.

Chris.

raoul80
4th Apr 2008, 07:51
I've written my brother and sister in references that's a problem?

Kerosine
4th Apr 2008, 08:00
I would have taken more time filling in the form and read everything thoroughly! Above where it asks for referees it states

"Please provide the details of two referees who have known you for at least 5 years and are not relatives or close friends. Please use business or academic referees where possible."

raoul80
4th Apr 2008, 08:01
ok modified :-)

Kerosine
4th Apr 2008, 08:06
Close call raoul80... I would go through your application carefully and check all sections, if they're anything like a business in how they assess a CV/Application, obvious mistakes would put straight in the bin!

raoul80
4th Apr 2008, 08:22
thanks kerosine I've checked all sections. I made a mistake about referee because i put my sister and brother but now I've make a modify. :-)

starky82
4th Apr 2008, 08:38
i passed my phase 3 on wednesday and have been put on phase 4 for the 17th. got to be there at 7am tho.wot time have u got? Will

poss
4th Apr 2008, 08:55
7am.. thats a harsh time although i've heard of some people in the past getting 5.30am! :p

Vbells
4th Apr 2008, 09:03
Andy and Chris,

I'm so glad you both passed :)

My Phase 3 is on 24 April - I'm more than a bit scared! Lots of research to do between now and then!

Speedbird715
4th Apr 2008, 09:18
djfingerscrossed and leeus1: Thank you, guys! :ok:

Kerosine - yes, I've also read that, but my questions were based on this statement..

Kerosine
4th Apr 2008, 09:44
Quote:
Kerosine - yes, I've also read that, but my questions were based on this statement..

eh?

Speedbird715
4th Apr 2008, 10:37
Aaah sorry Kerosine, thought you were addressing me with that post - disregard, please ;)

raoul80
4th Apr 2008, 10:43
Could you give me an advice about phase 2 that I'm going to do?

poss
4th Apr 2008, 11:09

Kerosine
4th Apr 2008, 11:40
Aaah sorry Kerosine, thought you were addressing me with that post - disregard, please ;)

Oh no I was, just didn't get what you meant by 'yes, I've also read that, but my questions were based on this statement.. '.

Speedbird715
4th Apr 2008, 13:02
Kerosine - What I meant was this post. As I said, please disregard... And cheers for the info above!!

I would have taken more time filling in the form and read everything thoroughly! Above where it asks for referees it states

"Please provide the details of two referees who have known you for at least 5 years and are not relatives or close friends. Please use business or academic referees where possible."

Kerosine
4th Apr 2008, 13:08
Confusion in the ranks! :}

Ok no worries, have you applied then?

The ONLY thing that I'm not happy about now if that if I leave over the next few months I'll be in NZ for English summer (07), in Bournemouth during NZ summer (early 08), then back in NZ for english summer (mid 08)!!

Ah well if all works out I think that will be the last thing on my mind.

Gar
4th Apr 2008, 13:50
If you time it well enough you will be able to be home for the festive period though, if that sort of stuff matters to you at all!

Tamesy1
4th Apr 2008, 14:55
Kerosine, I'm off to NZ August this year, and according to our schedule we're due to return to the Uk permanently in May/June. By my reckoning that means we'll get June/July here, August-March in NZ...winter, spring and summer! Then back in the UK for summer '09.