PDA

View Full Version : The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

minglejingle
23rd Oct 2007, 04:23
cannot believe I passed the last test of phase 2 - that was hardcore!

got my phase 3 next week 31st October 2007. Anyone coming to that one?

And has the location of phase 3 been moved to bournemouth? earlier posts have mentioned it being in southampton. :bored:

AdamLT
23rd Oct 2007, 08:40
well done minglejingle :ok:

let us know how you get on with phase 3.
my phase 3 is at bournemouth. i believe they have moved them to here now.

best of luck for october 31st :)

Geetea
24th Oct 2007, 14:15
I had my phase 3/4 last week and they had phase 3 at Bournemouth. Phase 3 is a good day,especially when you have sound people in your group for the excercises. My interview was 2nd last in the day,by then i think i had ate most of the snack tray!:}
I am provisionally on CP64(August 08) pending medical/references etc. The first available one for me was March 08 but they advised that I stayed and finish my degree (2 months later) and come out in June. However Glasgow University's exams dont finish until the day of departure to NZ in June! So got pushed back to July but then i asked for another month so i could then attend my graduation and my friends wedding in July. Not many things more important than flying but missing one of my best friends weddings(would not have been too gutted about missing my graduation stuff) would have killed me so im happy CTC have been so accomadating:)

Shakuri
24th Oct 2007, 16:14
Well done Geetea, i hope to join the same course at you, still at uni too, was advised to wait until jan to contact them about selection tho, but all going well i will preferably join cp64 :)

Geetea
24th Oct 2007, 18:12
Leeds University? It was my 2nd choice to do aviation studies with pilot training,money was the issue so went with the cheaper option of Glasgow,lol:O
Good luck on your selection process when it comes round,when it comes to the interview part, know your partner airlines,how planes work,and how the pilots job works
On another note,does anyone have experience of flying into Gatwick and going for the medical on the same day? how easy is the medical centre to get to from arrivals?
Many Thanks

Tamesy1
24th Oct 2007, 21:03
Yeah I did that last March, you get a bus from arrivals which takes about 10 minutes, really easy to find etc. A lot of waiting round however, my flight landed at about 10 and the medical was at 12.45! Better safe than sorry!

minglejingle
26th Oct 2007, 00:46
thanks adamlt, good luck with yours too.

calling to those who have passed or are studying for phase 3, are there any web pages for information on partner airlines that you found particularly useful and can recommend?

AdamLT
26th Oct 2007, 09:35
i have been using wikipedia. gives you great info about the main bases, history, fleet, stats....lots of useful stuff.

hope that helps you :)

RS999
26th Oct 2007, 21:03
Minglejingle...

I looked at the partner airlines own websites although they do not appear to be as up to date as Wikipedia but.......wikipedia may not be up to date either (check the dates posted against their entries).

If needs be email each airline for stats on aircraft types and routes (Monarch helped me out this way) which ensures you have the most up to date info available.

Read Flight International Magazine and look at the Royal Aeronautical Society website for up to date Aviation news.

Also, research up to date aviation issues (fatigue, Open Skies, aircraft in development, environmental issues (i.e. noise and emmisions etc)) as you will more than likely be asked on these.

Remember though that your Stage 3 interview is based approx 90% on you and your experiences and approx 10% on your technical knowledge. Your technical knowledge will be geared towards your experience (although I've never flown an aircraft before in my life and was asked the difference between Boeing and Airbus winglets and their benefits.....a subject I had researched)

Ultimately, be yourself, tell the truth, give meaningful examples to back up your answers and if you honestly don't know the answer.....don't
bullsh:mad:t, tell them you don't know.

Good luck:ok:

Geetea
26th Oct 2007, 23:07
Wikipedia and each partner airline's website. For technical stuff,i just used my uni notes,Studying Avionics Engineering has paid its means!!
As being a student from that course,i was very dissapointed i never got asked a single question about aircraft structures! Passed though,so i shouldnt really be complaining!!:E

minglejingle
26th Oct 2007, 23:35
thanks you guys..
pint on me if i make it through to NZ :O

RS999
28th Oct 2007, 12:57
Mate.......you'll be held to that lol :ok:

saintexupery
28th Oct 2007, 14:29
RS999 -
where did you find information on boeing winglets vs. airbus?

I also read on an earlier page that you may get asked "how is the cockpit of a boeing different from that of an airbus?" and found this-

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/boe202.shtml

Anywhere else you guys would look at?

Thanks!

AdamLT
29th Oct 2007, 15:26
The Boeing web site gives a good idea of what new technologies it offers, as well as a check list of aircraft similarities/ differences to its rivals, Airbus.

http://www.boeing.com

hope thats give you a little more help :)

ps..saintexupery, in regards to the link you sent, (by the way..thank you for that) it brings back horrible memories of the Air France A320 that crashed during an airshow in 1988 where the pilot could not over ride the computers, resulting in it crashing into a forest.

one post only!
29th Oct 2007, 16:30
It wasn't because the crew couldn't over-ride the computers that caused the crash!

Think it might have been someting to do with leaving it a little too late to dodge the waiting forest. :) Takes a while for the engines to spool up no matter how hard you yank back on the stick!!!

AdamLT
29th Oct 2007, 16:38
ah....sorry about the 'wrong info'.

i could have sworn it was cos of the flight computers..but cheers for the info :)

RS999
29th Oct 2007, 23:40
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_296 and http://www.airdisaster.com/investigations/af296/af296.shtmlfor info on that crash

Also, I found info on Boeing winglets (as on B747-400 and B737-800) on Boeing website as well as info on raked wings (B787 Dreamliner and B747-8 Intercontinental) there too.

Airbus winglets info found on Airbus website.

Also looked at info on wikipedia

PAJ
30th Oct 2007, 00:43
When you get onto the BGS ATPL notes, you find that they tend to focus on the 737-800 series when talking about EFIS/EICAS, Autoflight, TCAS & GPWS - the Flight 296 accident is one of the models we have had come up in class to consider the differences between the Airbus FBW aircraft and Boeing series.

Much speculation exists as to whether the brand new (at the time) A320's FBW control laws were programmed properly.

lee123
3rd Nov 2007, 19:58
Im currently in my final year of uni and finish in June, when would be a good time to apply ?

Polorutz
3rd Nov 2007, 20:47
It usually takes around a month since you apply to the point where you need to go there for phase 2, but If I remember correctly you can choose the date.

Anotherpilot007
3rd Nov 2007, 21:32
This is good news.....
:ok:

Shakuri
3rd Nov 2007, 23:26
lee, i applied in july and was put on hold for phase 2 until about jan. So I am going to contact them in Jan to book a date for phase 2

Geetea
4th Nov 2007, 00:08
Lee,

Im also in my final year of uni and im provisionally(medical) on CP64 August 08 . I finished the application process 2 weeks ago and first course available to me was March so they said just finish your degree and come out in the summer.
I do admit i did start this application process last summer because i have no intention of becoming an avionics engineer(my degree) and that if i was invited to go out to NZ in January i would have gone without finishing my degree just because I want to start pilot training as soon as possible.

lee123
4th Nov 2007, 10:12
Thanks for the help all. It difficult as im applying to graduate careers as a backup plan at the moment. Dont want to secure a job and then get on the CTC scheme

Think ill start applying to CTC asap

Shakuri
4th Nov 2007, 12:10
I'm in the same position lee, I'm wondering now wether i can push things forward and do what geetea did. Reckon thats possible geetea?

Geetea
4th Nov 2007, 13:18
You dont ask, you dont get!

I do remember them saying that you can defer your course(within reason of course) if you are successful with the selection process. I got it,so i dont see why it would be a problem for anyone else. Im just glad iv got it over and done with....just want to get that JAA medical certificate so badly!!! hehe:}

Good Luck

cc2180
6th Nov 2007, 13:05
Hi all

First timer here, off to my phase 2 in a couple of weeks. Very excited.

Was just wondering, during phase 3, if its a good thing that you have family/friends in the industry, or to try not to mention it?

Also, it says, Dress Code: Suit, or smart casual....but everyone puts on a suit right? :)

Thx

Polorutz
6th Nov 2007, 15:11
mention it as a source of interest in Aviation, they will even ask you about it, Suit from phase 2 to phase 4 until you get in THEN it's smart casual.

alanmtc
7th Nov 2007, 09:49
Hi,

another first timer here!

got my phase 2 next tuesday (13th nov)

anyone else?

does anyone know how many guys they usually have on an assessment day at phase 2, and roughly how many get through to phase 3?

OO and another little question.... if you get through to phase 3 and then 4.... what is the average time span from your phase 2 assessment to touching down on NZ soil?!

AdamLT
7th Nov 2007, 09:53
hi alanmtc

there were about 15 of us on my phase 2 last month and i only know that myself and one other person got through.

all the best with your phase 2 mate :)

alanmtc
7th Nov 2007, 09:56
OO and another little question.... if you get through to phase 3 and then 4.... what is the average time span from your phase 2 assessment to touching down on NZ soil?!

R T Jones
7th Nov 2007, 10:14
That depends on your availability and which courses you they need or want to fill up. I passed phase 2 at the start of June and am leaving today... so all in all about five months. Good luck with your application and remember the five p’s. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

PAJ
7th Nov 2007, 10:25
The other extreme is to be about 3 weeks from Phase 3 until landing in NZ! I think they allow you to defer your place for up to a year.

Geetea
7th Nov 2007, 12:04
First available Course at the moment is March so depending when your stage 3 is, that might change to April etc. About 6 out of my 20 at stage 2 got through to stage 3,dont know how they got on for the rest of the stages

cc2180
7th Nov 2007, 13:01
Thx all for your time

It's certaintly been a good read.

Much appreciated

ledz147
7th Nov 2007, 13:03
i had my phase 2 yesterday, there were 12 people there, she said on average 50 % of candidates get thru at phase 2 and 45% at phase 3. She scared the **** out of me talkin about phase 3 to be honest! ha ha. thought the maths was ok, thought i did ok on some of the pil apt tests but not great on others. get my results today but theyre keepin me hangin! good luck

alanmtc
7th Nov 2007, 13:27
good luck ledz147!!

are you getting your results via e-mail! how long have they kept you waiting? I have my phase 2 next tuesday!

what happens in phase 3? Anyone??

Geetea
7th Nov 2007, 14:34
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2793026&postcount=1155 For stage 3

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2769376&postcount=1080 For Stage 4

To save anyone else asking. These pretty much cover everything that happens during the 2 stages. And remember, the interview questions will be dependant on your life experience,so the question examples in these posts are only examples, and on what other people have been asked.

READ UP ON THE JOB YOUR HUNTING FOR

Best advice for your stage 3 interview, and show how you could be an effective team player/leader.

Nice to see fresh blood on the thread,lol

Good luck to all

kieranTsoarer
7th Nov 2007, 14:35
lots of things happen in phase 3........read this MASSIVE thread to find out. It wont take too long, and you will leave with a wealth of knowledge, and probably a lot less anxious

PilotChris
7th Nov 2007, 14:38
Hi alanmtc
I too have my phase 2 next tuesday (13th) what time does yours start?
are you travelling down the night before or just arriving on the day? and what kind of preperation have you been doing?

from those people that have failed at stage 2, what would you say the most common thing people fail at??

Chris

alanmtc
7th Nov 2007, 14:45
HI Chris,

I`m at 1300 next Tuesday!

My preperation has been practice maths papers and I`ve been looking up PILAPT tests.

From what people have told me, you need to be quick on the math puzzles, long division, decimal division, scenareos about aircraft heights etc. I dont think they are too hard, but its the time people take to complete the question that let them down! I`ve just been looking for lots of examples on the net!

I`m driving down on the day I think, I live at Gatwick so not too bad a journey!

AdamLT
7th Nov 2007, 15:38
cheers Geetea for the links to info about phases 3 and 4.

on the phase 4 thread it mentions the aircraft you will fly is a King Air - Beechcraft. at my phase 2 last month i was told it was a 737.
can anyone shed any light on the type of sim for phase 4?

cheers

ad

wetton
7th Nov 2007, 16:02
Hi just got the news i past phase 2 of selection. Phase 3 date is january 16th anyone else attending that day PM me as to not fill the thread up. :) thanks

Geetea
7th Nov 2007, 17:17
Yeah.....(i dont know where those simulators are)well i did mine in the 737 sim, was the full motion but didnt move so obviously it was just like a fix based sim.Was very enjoyable....the other possiblity is the A320 im sure , both of them at nursling(where i did mine)

ledz147
7th Nov 2007, 17:24
yeah the woman said yesterday that you will do phase 4 in a 737 sim. She said that there are a320 sims there aswell, but she did say 737.

saintexupery
7th Nov 2007, 17:50
Sorry if I sway everyone's attention off the current topic here.....my current employer asked me whether it would be possible, assuming I pass selection, for me to keep doing a little bit of work remotely doing the almost two years of training.

So I would love to hear from anyone currently training at CTC or who has in the past

it would be a flexible commitment of probably one or two hours a week, very flexibly scheduled and with flexible deadlines too. certainly it would help me pay back the bond quicker, but i would not want it to affect my performance during training.

work would be online and I am considering the issue now as my employer needs advance planning

Thanks a lot!

alanmtc
7th Nov 2007, 17:53
hi,

i`m no expert, as i am only going to my phase 2 next week, but i would assume the answer to your question is no!?

are you talking about working a few hours a week whilst you are at ctc?

you do know the training is in new zealand???

Alan

airbus...
7th Nov 2007, 18:09
saintexupery - concern yourself with preparing yourself to get through the selection. Then I think you should worry about this problem.

Is there anyone here going out on CP59?

toolowtoofast
7th Nov 2007, 18:36
Unless your job can be done on-line, or is within walking distance of Clearways, it's not going to be possible.

Barcelona cadet
7th Nov 2007, 19:10
I'm going out on CP59!!!! :D Can't wait ! as far as I know there is just two of us at the moment! when did you pass stage 4?

airbus...
7th Nov 2007, 19:38
As far as I know CP59 is full and they are now taking people for CP60 (April), I had my phase 4 a couple of weeks ago, the 737 is superb!

saintexupery
7th Nov 2007, 20:01
yes, work would be online and i am considering the issue as my employer needs to plan in advance.

EZYramper
7th Nov 2007, 21:07
I'm not yet out in NZ, however if it is only 1 or 2 hours a WEEK then I would hazard a guess that that should be ok.

I'm pretty sure the cadets out there can find an hour or two a week to hit the pub, so why not an hour or two to quickly do some work.

HOWEVER, I personally wouldn't want anything distracting me from focusing on my flying and ground school so I wouldn't do it myself.

I don't think that helped though....

Geetea
7th Nov 2007, 21:29
Just a quick thought that came to my head

If CP59 is full, then the gap between stage 4 and NZ is getting bigger. Im guessing at some point they will need to stop applications from being sent in if theres too many...

Airbus,what date was your stage 4 on?

chrisd7
8th Nov 2007, 07:24
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has flown out to New Zealand with Emirates and if so how much weight were you allowed in you baggage.

Thanks Chris

alanmtc
8th Nov 2007, 13:06
I flew emirates to australia not too long ago and I`m sure it was just the standard 20kg!

Infact, it defo was at the time for me, because I remember being over, and the check in lady letting me away with it! Then I got back to the UK and flew easyJet with the same case and got charged mega!!!

MathiasHJ
9th Nov 2007, 17:43
ledz147 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=201852):

We must've been there the 6th together then (I'm Mathias/Matthew (the guy from Denmark)) =)

Did you get your answer yet?

I got mine yesterday (checked my mail when I came home to Denmark), and I'm happy to say that I got through to Phase 3 ! :ok:

Phase 3 date: January 9th

alanmtc
9th Nov 2007, 21:29
does anyone know if CTC would accept a CLASS 1 MEDICAL even if it was through deviation for the first year until my renewal in a 2008 when I get an unrestricted class 1?

PAJ
10th Nov 2007, 03:37
You must have a current JAA Class 1 for the contract to be signed by CTC. If it has lapsed, you will need to get your renwal to secure a place on a CP.

And on Emirates, CTC have the same deal about excess luggage as they do with Singapore Airlines...You can take 30kg (I don't know why but I have a voice somewhere in my head telling me Emirates is actually 32kg).

akindofmagic
10th Nov 2007, 10:23
I would ask CTC if they'll still accept a Class I with a deviation; I'm sure I remember someone saying that they were only going to be accepting unrestricted class I certificates (without deviation).

rod_1986
10th Nov 2007, 10:36
They have accepted deviations in the past; they may be taking a harder line on it now. I'd either give them a call at BOH and ask them, or else just wait until you get the deviation removed.

ledz147
10th Nov 2007, 16:26
hi, yeah i got through 2, well done. i was the guy from manchester who cudnt believe you were danish.......theres a good chance we could be in the same group then cos im goin on the 9th too. what you gonna do to prepare then? just interview stuff? any idea what the group topics will be about? i dont suppose you can learn or prepare for those? james

alanmtc
12th Nov 2007, 10:54
so who has their phase 2 tomorrow?!

Elbiot
12th Nov 2007, 12:38
Hey,
I have my phase 2 tomorrow at 1300. I see you from Crawley im from Horsham!!
Have you done a lot of revision?

Elliot

alanmtc
12th Nov 2007, 20:13
revision - well what i possibly could, sort of examples of what i have been told to expect etc!

i wonder how many of us there will be tomo!!

Born_to_fly
12th Nov 2007, 20:28
I'm applying to the iCP scheme and was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about getting a bit of flying experience before I go down to Bournemouth.

Having only flown briefly with the ATC and UAS (and they were a while ago) I was thinking about having a few lessons as a bit of a refresher. Should give me a chance to find out for sure whether flying is for me and also show some commitment to the guys at CTC.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a good flying school to go to around north London? Elstree's pretty close to me and I've noticed Cabair do a few taster sessions from there. 5 hours for around £600? Reasonable?

MathiasHJ
13th Nov 2007, 11:13
Ello James =)

Congratulations on getting through to Phase 3 mate.

I think we might be in the same group then yes, there will deffinetly be a 50% chance of it.
I'm just going to prepare for/with interview methods and such yeah, can't really know which questions they give us, so will have to just be generally prepared.
I don't know about the group exercises either sadly, and no I don't suppose you can.

Will see you January 9th then =)

Walcat
13th Nov 2007, 17:50
Hi,
Does the class 1 medical required for starting training have to be done in Gatwick? Thanks.

Commando Dan
13th Nov 2007, 18:57
All initial Class 1s have to be done at Gatwick. After that, your renewals can be done with one of the registered AMEs (Aviation Medical Examiners?) around the country.

Tommy' C
13th Nov 2007, 20:18
Hi Guys, how did the stage 2 guys get on today...

Any results/stories to share?

Hope the news is good for you all.

Elbiot
14th Nov 2007, 10:25
Had my Phase two yesterday..

I found the PILAPT part of it ok and actually really enjoyed it. All I would say is take it easy with the joystick it is very very sensitive!!!

The maths part I struggled on a little. I was so nervous about it my mind went completely blank..

Anyway I got the email within a few hours and I got through to phase 3 but I will have to take the numeracy part of it again. So lots of revision for me.

For all the guys that went Im trying to remember what to study so far I can remember:
Division long and short
Multiplicaiton long and short
Square roots
Cube roots
Formulas

Can anyone else remember any more?

Great day and good to meet everyone.

Elliot

AdamLT
14th Nov 2007, 10:37
hi elliot.

i too have to take the maths again next month at my phase 3. you are pretty much spot on there with what to revise for.

all the best with the revision :) and congratulations for getting through to the next stage :ok:

ad

Elbiot
14th Nov 2007, 10:40
Cheers Ad. Were you at my phase 2 cant remember everyones name???

AdamLT
14th Nov 2007, 10:41
no..i was there in october.
wen are you heading abck there for stage 3?
i have mine on december 12th

Elbiot
14th Nov 2007, 10:45
Im not sure yet it said in the email they would be contacting me so I guess they will be calling sometime soon is that what they done with you?

You been revising a lot? can you revise anything for phase 3 apart from history on easyjet or is it one of those just be yourself things??

AdamLT
14th Nov 2007, 10:48
well my phase 2 was on october 9th and phase 3 on 12th december. its been nice to have this time to catch up on things.
but yes..be yourself, relax and enjoy the day is my best advice. dont just look at easyjet, look at all their partner airlines and keep upto date with the latest news.

PM we if you want anymore advice

ad :)

Elbiot
15th Nov 2007, 10:29
How did everyone else get on at Phae 2 on the 13th then?

I now have my phase 3 date, its on the 16th Jan (Wed).

PilotChris
15th Nov 2007, 12:36
Hi Elbiot,
i think you were at my phase 2 on tuesday, i managed to get through, although i have to re-sit my maths grrr
my phase 3 is booked for the 23rd January! 2 months! at least it gives me time to prepare i guess :)

Chris

Elbiot
15th Nov 2007, 12:50
Well done Chris. Yeh i have to re-take maths too...Lots of time to revise which is always good!

A_Michie
15th Nov 2007, 20:13
Hey. I passed phase 2 as well. My phase 3 date is the 16th of Jan so i think i might see some of u guys there.

Gd luck to you all, hopefully see u soon.:ok:

Ullevi
17th Nov 2007, 11:42
How long do CTC usually take to respond to an initial application?

Thanks.

Gav28
18th Nov 2007, 13:11
Have read through all this thread and found it very interesting aswell as useful for phase 3 prep.

Not trying to second guess questions just I’m quite interested to know what the fundamental differences are between the Boeing and Airbus cockpit-seems to crop up on this thread a few times. Its easy to find plenty of differences when comparing Boeing & Airbus designs/technology generally but specifically related to the cockpit I’m struggling a bit. Apart from the obvious difference in control yoke vs. side stick arrangement what else is fundamentally different in there(any point in the right direction would be appreciated)

Thanks very much.

R T Jones
19th Nov 2007, 02:26
Perhaps not a physical difference between airbus and Boeing, but an important one none the less. Airbus aircraft are restricted by their computers in relation to manoeuvres. For example, the computers will not allow the aircraft to pitch up more than 30 degrees, where on a Boeing the pilot may override the computer software in the event of an emergency. Not sure which way is correct but there are valid arguments for both.

AdamLT
19th Nov 2007, 14:28
R T Jones...bang on there :)

Tommy' C
19th Nov 2007, 15:48
As well as that mentioned above...the FMS/FMC also run on different software for programming the routes etc.

The hardware layout in terms of cockpit position, buttons and screen is all similar and the theory is the same, however the software is different.

Not to forget the classic magenta boeing route line, compared to that of the "green airbus"

lee123
20th Nov 2007, 12:17
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but looking at old posts I have read there is a group discussion at Phase 2. Is still the process ?

Thanks

MathiasHJ
20th Nov 2007, 13:07
lee123 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=67674):

When I had my Phase 2 there wasn't anything like that.
There was a meeting with the woman who heads up the training. Then a short break, and then we had tests.

iaine123
20th Nov 2007, 16:34
Nope, its just a presentation for about an hour, a small break then into your maths and aptitude, there is no group work at phase 2

cc2180
21st Nov 2007, 11:07
Awesome i got through yesterday to phase 3 :ok:

But, after reading a few of you having phase 3 booked 2 months away, in mid january, i was suprised to be given 6th December for my interview.

What does that mean? Or is it that everyone usually just defers their phase 3 by a month?

Thanks

iaine123
21st Nov 2007, 11:43
Yay got through to phase 3 aswell, although i have to retake my maths guess CBBC has alot to answer for there :=

CC2180,
I got given phase 3 date of 6th aswell but cant make that one as im away so luckily i can get onto another one in Jan.

Who else made it through?

Bungles
21st Nov 2007, 14:39
Hello Everybody,

This is my first post. I've been wading through this thread and it is very interesting reading. I have a question, if I was accepted on the course did the training and was offered a job with easyjet, could I work in spain? The reason why I am asking is that on easyjets website it shows the UK contract cadets payscale, but not the spain contract.
It wouldnt be the end of the world if I couldn't work in spain, but I quite fancy getting a suntan!

Cheers

Shakuri
22nd Nov 2007, 11:12
It depends on easyjet really, if they need people based in spain then yes, bit early to be thinking about where you will be based tho isn't it?

Tall Boy
22nd Nov 2007, 18:19
If you get through the course and are offered a place with Easyjet then you'll be given a chance to state a preferred basing. Whether or not you'll get the base of your choice is up to the compnay but there generally isn't a problem with getting where you want within a fairly short timescale (a few months). Most people go on the base transfer list and get what they want before they finish type rating.

However, you have to realise that it is by no means sure that you'll get EZY. Depending on the time of year you may be much more likely to go to one of the other airline partners (the charter operators tend to pick people up around Christmas time). You do have a right of refusal but i'm not aware of anyone ever using it in the past. With minimum hours and an aviation industry so prone to volatility imho it would be silly to turn down any offer, especially when the t&c at all the partner airlines are so similar.

EZYramper
22nd Nov 2007, 18:23
You can turn down twice but I would be very shocked to hear that anyone had every made use of that option!

Pilot RatBoy
28th Nov 2007, 11:03
Got my stage 3 on 10th Jan having had to wait 6 months due to my failed attempt in July! Anyone else going down then?

daheri
28th Nov 2007, 14:12
Hi,

I'm currently filling out the applicationform for CTC wings, but I am not sure what to write under references.

It says you should put at least two people who are not in your family or close friend and who has know you for at least 5 years.

My problem is I have no such persons... I have only worked at my job for 2,5 years and has never had a job which lasted longer. All the people I have known for 5 years are either family or friends...

So what do you do? Should I write up family and friends or should I write up people from my job even though i have not known them for 5 years?

Thanks in advance!

-daheri

AdamLT
28th Nov 2007, 16:12
daheri,

personally, if i was in your position, i would put my employee (boss)/ team leader at your place of work, even though you have only been there for 2 and a half years. its not really fitting to put your family as a reference on any job application form.

i hope this helps and good luck with the application process.

ad :)

MartynOConnor
28th Nov 2007, 20:32
I apologise for not being able to read this thread in its entirety, and hope not to offend if I'm asking something that's already been clarified. Basically my situation is such that I am not able to apply for entry to this scheme for another two years (I'm with an employer that you can't really leave without a lot of notice) and when that time comes I'll have to hand about £20-25,000 of my own cash to put towards training. I'm trying to find out how the funding for this training works in a bit more detail, what the arrangements are etc. It seems like a marvellous scheme, but at the same time the funding issue is a real sort of grey area. The website doesn't really clarify things much either. I'm a bit particular about this sort of thing as a I used to be an Independent Financial Adviser and I don't commit to anything of this magnitude without first understanding it to the extent that I can happily explain it to someone else.

So, apologies for the long post, but if someone who has undergone this programme before, or someone from the school can comment it would be much appreciated.

Polorutz
29th Nov 2007, 01:59
Funding: if you are succesful in and get into the Wings Scheme, HSBC will provide a loan that will cover ALL the training cost, if you need remedial training (IE: you mess up) you will have to pay for any extra hours by yourself.

HSBC loan is unsecured at a rate of aprox 2 and a half percent over the base rate APR, interest is calculated to 9 years and you pay it back in 7, 2 years after you start the training.

Most partner airlines pay most of the bond back to you (or directly to the back) so you end up paying the interest out of your salary, you could self finance the program and get the money back from the airline 2 years later but most cadets dont have that much money.

if you need any more information PM me.

MartynOConnor
30th Nov 2007, 17:56
PM Sent, cheers!

AdamLT
3rd Dec 2007, 11:41
anyone on phase 3 next wednesday? (12th december?)

Tommy' C
3rd Dec 2007, 15:56
I wish you the VERY best of luck Adam!

Elbiot
3rd Dec 2007, 18:31
Yeh good luck Adam. I have my phase 3 on the 16th January, have to re-take maths as well......Very nervous!

Geetea
3rd Dec 2007, 22:41
Just remember to be yourself and sell yourself!

Iv got an engineering final year presentation on wednesday, cant say i am as nervous about this than i was about phase 3! i think my hairline retreated further north the night before!!! hehe :}

Good Luck

AdamLT
4th Dec 2007, 10:04
thanks for the good luck wishes. i wish you all the best too :)

geetea...my hairline is as north as you can get ;)

MathiasHJ
4th Dec 2007, 14:09
Worrying is about as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum =)

Good luck Adam.

Exhibitz
5th Dec 2007, 18:51
Feel extremely privilaged to say that I passed Phase 3 ! Couldn't quite take it in at first, however begninning to sink in. Just like to say a huge thanks to the guys/girl who were there, great people and made the whole experience amazing! Any questions you may have im happy to answer! and good luck to those taking it soon!

pcoltas
11th Dec 2007, 07:22
dunno if this is true but we heard the other day that natwest now do the financing for new cadets and that the loans now have to be secured on a property.

kieranTsoarer
11th Dec 2007, 09:10
......and the source of this rumour? Or is it just that?

scotty74
11th Dec 2007, 13:14
I've been accepted to phase 2 and I'm looking into coming over for test on 8th January, need to check with work and see if I can get the days off first though.

Bambe
11th Dec 2007, 14:42
Pcoltas....Can you confirm the loan has to be secured??? If so that woud be a dramatic change...

Coul you detail your information...Thanks

antonov225
11th Dec 2007, 15:17
Hi, I just joined the forum because I found out I have been invited to phase 3. I have read a lot on this forum about phase 3 and it seems that apart from technical brushing up a lot of it is just down to me and it seems that it will be difficult to fool the examiners into believing you are something you are not. I have a degree in Aero engineering so I have a good technical knowledge. Could anyone give me any tips or advice on how to do my best on the day? I'd just appreciate knowing a bit more about what to expect. I know a pilot who told me not to worry and like the aptitude tests you either have it or you don't. I desparately want to give this the best shot I can so any help would be great. Thanks!

pcoltas
11th Dec 2007, 17:08
i heard it from other cadets here at the training centre in NZ, dont have any more info will try and find out today

like i said i dunno if its true, just something i heard

kieranmp
12th Dec 2007, 15:50
That is not true as far as I know, I go to NZ with CTC next month and all my finances are with HSBC and the loan is unsecured. I find it hard to believe that CTC would change banks as it would be against their ethos of the CTC wings scheme being an affordable way to becoming a FO.

pcoltas
13th Dec 2007, 00:21
as i said it was just a rumour, turns out it is true but only for the ICP guys, the Wings course is still with HSBC

just another rumour out of the mill :)

saintexupery
15th Dec 2007, 17:43
I have my phase 3 next Wednesday Dec. 19th at Bournemouth. Anyone else there? If you want to PM me or just reply, we could meet up and get people in the group to know each other before the group exercise. Good luck everyone!

saintexupery
17th Dec 2007, 13:09
thanks djfingerscrossed, i certainly will. as far as i know it is still the format previously described here, ie group exercises and discussion plus personal interview. will have more shortly

Elbiot
21st Dec 2007, 12:17
So how was phase 3? any feedback yet?

aemowens
21st Dec 2007, 13:23
Hi,
Just wondering if any of my fellow phase 3-ers got through after thursday?

Also is anyone else doing their phase 4 on 17th January?

Ann

lucia
21st Dec 2007, 22:59
hey to all. just got started on here. abot 2 days ago isent all my info to ctc. from the email sent back to me they say they get in contact with u if u do in fact pass on for phase 2. what do they really look for? i mean im actually an interior designer. the only pilot experience i have is pilot glider training, and i only manage to do about 5 hours, didnt have the funds to keep my training going. was a good experience over all, but didnt really get too much out of it. they do say that u dont need to have past experience to be considered, still im sure this is taken into consideration. i feel like i have alot against me at the moment being that im not even english or european. im latin, from south america. to manage to become a pilot i really need financial help, cant manage alone. i am at the moment in london but will be heading home end of january, so thats not going to help very much. what do u all think?

Mooney12
22nd Dec 2007, 14:08
Hi there..just thought I would post you a copy of my bank account...
21 Dec DR 56740.27 D
TO 06DEC2007 1110.17 Interest payment
04 Nov 1064.01 55630.10 D
05 Nov
1064.01 56694.11 D
04 Oct
1064.01 57758.12 D
21 Sep
58822.13 D
TO 06SEP2007 1225.58 Interest Payment
04 Sep
1064.01 57596.55 D
06 Aug
1064.01 58660.56 D
04 Jul
1064.01 59724.57 D
15 Jun
TO 31MAY2007
1124.60 60788.58 D Interest Payment
04 Jun CR
1064.01 59663.98 D
04 May CR
1064.01 60727.99 D
04 Apr CR
1064.01 61792.00 D
16 Mar DR INTEREST
1135.42 62856.01 D Interest Payment
05 Mar CR
1064.01 61720.59 D
05 Feb CR
1064.01 62784.60 D
04 Jan CR
1064.01 63848.61 D
15 Dec DR INTEREST
1117.95 64912.62 D Interest payment
04 Dec CR
1064.01 63794.67 D
06 Nov CR
1064.01 64858.68 D
04 Oct CR
1064.01 65922.69 D
15 Sep DR INTEREST
1078.55 66986.70 D Interest Payment
So 15 months of paying off the loan....it's still at 57k. Suddenly the CTC scheme doesn't seem so sponsored. Merry xmas. :(

lucia
22nd Dec 2007, 14:51
hey there. well yeah we all know at some point u r going to have to pay it back, more then expected. but man does money hurt sometimes!!! but dont u feel at times that it was worth it??!!?? when thinking about the money i just think to myself , it is so worth it. just wish i was filthy rich and could pay for it with no worries.

Geetea
22nd Dec 2007, 21:31
but you wouldnt appreciate it as much, merry christmas for all! and good luck to all the folk who have their respective stages coming up! work hard and im sure you will all be fine!

aspidustra
22nd Dec 2007, 21:45
Mooney12, I see what you mean big numbers like that do have a way of looking menacing with a nice DR after them :\

£1064 a month seems pretty good going tho. do you mind if i ask what your monthly take-home is at the mo? (after tax etc). am trying to figure out how many years i'l have to live on baked-beans for :uhoh:

RS999
25th Dec 2007, 18:05
Well, I'm off to Hamilton on CP57 on 9th January and I have no plans whatsoever of looking to see how much I am paying back as it will just depress me. As long as it is gone within 7 years I'll be happy (or sooner if I can afford it!)

As for funding, like Kieran said, Lynda at HSBC in Hythe definately sorts the funding for the Wings scheme.

greywind
28th Dec 2007, 07:56
Well Mooney12 there shouldn't be anything there that doesn't suprise you when you started with CTC after going to visit HSBC. People have pointed out on here before that it is not quite a sponsored scheme just an unsecured loan.

Now if you want I have a friend who won the lottery in Nigeria and needs to get some money out of the country, if you post your account number and sort code I'm sure he can help you out ;-)

Polorutz
29th Dec 2007, 04:32
Hmm that is no secret really... the HSBC loan is repayed in 9 years (7 years after the 2 initial training years) so 15 months down the line youre still 6 years short of being debt free, anyhow, I assume you have a FO job flying a jet and started with low hours... its all give and take.

Polorutz
29th Dec 2007, 19:13
Spare testicle?? damn u REALLY love flying

MathiasHJ
31st Dec 2007, 09:00
I think I'll add that in my interview lol.

Show your dedication to flying:

*Cuts off left testicle*

*Everybody is in awe*

RS999
31st Dec 2007, 16:07
Spare testicle??? HSBC only shook my hand!! :}

antonov225
31st Dec 2007, 19:07
Hi, I am attending the ctc interview soon and have been preparing as best I can. I am preparing to answer some technical questions on typical airliners and ctc's partners but are the other (bulk) of the questions more typical interview questions? I am trying to prepare answering questions like; describe when you were in a team, why do you want to be a pilot, what is the role of a first officer, situation where you overcame a problem etc. I am determined not to go unprepared for this so if anybody could give me some other common questions to prepare for I'd be really grateful.

Cheers!

Exhibitz
1st Jan 2008, 10:35
You've got pretty much all the main questions there... If we were to say much else, the interview would be a waste of time really ! It's meant to show your capacity to think on the spot while providing truthful/detailed answers, they don't expect you to know absolutely everything, just be honest with them! Never-the-less im sure if you look through this thread you can probably find more questions.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Alann
1st Jan 2008, 10:35
Hi Antonov!

I attended the CTC selections a few months ago. During the interview you'll face two people, one of them will ask you technical or aviation related questions and the other one more "common" ones. Here are a few examples of what I've been asked:

How many hours a day/days a week can an airline pilot expect to fly?
What will you do if you are not successful?
Did you consider the military? if not why not?
If you had to make an unscheduled landing due to a sick passenger, who else would this affect and what would be a result of this?
If your captain was disregarding SOP's, what would you do about it?
What are the differences between an Airbus and a Boeing cockpit?
Have you ever faced a difficult customer during your work experiences?
How would you handle such a customer?
What difficulties do you think you will encounter during training, and after completion?...

As you can see, just like you suspected, there are typical questions.

If you want to know more, don't hesitte to ask me!

Best of luck!

Geetea
1st Jan 2008, 16:12
yeah i got a few of those questions aswell,i also got: Give us 4 qualities you would expect of a leader....i didnt i get the sick passenger scenario,i got a fuel leak scenario with a grumpy captain doing his soduko! the questions will also vary on what life experience you have,so think of situations in your life were you have shown qualities that you can relate to being a pilot.

Good Luck

chiplight2005
2nd Jan 2008, 13:50
Hi!
I am only at the beginning... Phase 2. I am preparing with cockpitweb but I can tell you I am having real difficulty with the particular exercise where you must identify shapes, colours and the numbers inside them and at the same time listen to the two different numbers and hearing if the difference between them has changed.. I am thinking this is impossible. How did you guys manage to pass it?? I am really worried. Any advice would be much appreciated! What will the math test include?

TwoTone-7
2nd Jan 2008, 15:10
Not all the exercises from cockpit web are in there CTC test.

Re maths, theres much detailed stuff in the thread. :)

antonov225
2nd Jan 2008, 17:24
hi all just wanted to say thanks for all the help and happy new year to all! I think i can come up with sensible honest answers to all the example questions so fingers crossed. One last thing; is the interview actually quite relaxed? because if im relaxed and not feeling intimidated i can, like everybody, perform much better.

Exhibitz
2nd Jan 2008, 19:57
Depends who you get to be honest I think. Mine was very relaxed, tie and jacket off, they consider it semi-formal interview (or something like that). They do try and make you as relaxed as possible so just give it your best shot!

shoey11
3rd Jan 2008, 17:41
Hi Guys. Im new to pprune and was just looking for some advice. Like all of you im sure, being a pilot is a dream of mine ive had since i can remember. I finished university in july, moved to london and worked for a recruitment firm specialising in defence. Here i spoke to many raf pilots and it made me think, why the hell am i in london working here and not going for my dream?! So i left london with the intention to join the raf. However after some research into sponsorship i realised this would be a much faster way, and alot less chance of dying..! to becomming a commercial pilot. I have passed stage 1 and am looking to book a stage 2 session. I have read through alot of this forum and the previous forum and have everything i feel i need to put my best forward in stage 2. My big question though.. which is also the parents biggest concern.. is the finances. The way i got onto ctc was through the easyjet website. They stated that after completing the training they would pay you back £1,000 every month for 7 years to pay of your loan. However i have seen the post of one of the pilots bank statements who has had over £1,000 comming out of his account every month. I was wondering if the £1,000 they pay you is ontop of your basic salary or not? Just basically a run down on how the repayments work! Sorry about the long post and i wish everyone out there who is applying, in stage interviews or out in NZ the best of luck!

Thanks... Tom.

Elbiot
7th Jan 2008, 11:26
Hello Tom,
I to was considering the raf and decided that i didnt fancy dying fro my country as i didnt agree with what they were doing in the first place! After eseartch i went for the ctc route and am currently waiting for my stage 3 on the 16th January (not long oh the nerves).
The repayments are pretty straight forward.
You give them £60,000
Once you have recieved employment from one of the airlines you are started on a reduced salary because they have invested all their time and money to train you (i think its about 26k a year). Now ON TOP of this salary you will receive £1,000 a month for 7 years. This amounts to £84,000 which is the £60,000 you took out as a loan plus the interest you gained along the way...

Hope this helps. I had to do a lot of research and printouts to show my parents to convince them! no one in my family is in the aviation industry and it took a while to convince!

Elliot

Geetea
7th Jan 2008, 18:09
I think that is true for easyjet but im not sure wether all the partner airlines are the same, does anyone know? wouldnt immagine so

PAJ
7th Jan 2008, 19:16
In essence, that's what happens. Training is not complete however until you have spent 6 months on the line with the airline you end up with and in those first 6 months, either CTC give you £1000 per month to love off or the airline pays you a simliar amount. Loan repayents then begin once you start a full contract after those 6 months.

The easyJet payment structure is probably the better of those on offer as you get the monthly £1000 tax free whereas at BA, you get a full direct entry salary but pay tax on the lot. There is not masses of readily available info around about the pay deals with other partner airlines, although we are hoping to get a document that details the benefits at some point from CTC.

Elbiot
10th Jan 2008, 16:36
Quick quesiton, when we do an introduction at phase 3 how in-depth should it be. Also can we take prompt notes up with us??

Elliot

ledz147
10th Jan 2008, 16:59
i did my phase 3 yesterday, none of us used prompt notes although i wanted to! they all lasted around 2 mins, you will get the idea when the assessors introduce themselves. good luck its scary ****!

Elbiot
10th Jan 2008, 18:16
So did you get through your phase 3? the part im most scared about it re-taking the maths!!! not looking forward to that!
Elliot

wannabe_100
10th Jan 2008, 18:26
Hello,

Anyone else got phase 3 on the 7th of Feb?

ledz147
11th Jan 2008, 08:53
Yeah got thru! Well chuffed!

ledz147
11th Jan 2008, 08:55
Does anyone know anything about phase 4? all i know is its in a fixed base 737 sim. Any advice anybody PLEASE??????! would be greatly appreciated! Ledz

RodJET
11th Jan 2008, 09:06
what would you like to know?:confused:

aemowens
11th Jan 2008, 10:20
Hi,

I have my phase 4 on Jan 17th, all I know is that they brief you first for an hour, then each person gets about 45mins in the sim. They told me that you go through climbing, descending, and turns (steep, descending, climbing) possibly with rolling out onto certain headings. At the same time they might ask some questions - calculations, where's the airfield etc (or so I have been told by others that have been through it). Apparently they want to see improvement each time you have a go at something, not necessarily that you are brilliant to start with! Apart from that I don't know much else - am trying to gather information!
Getting a bit more nervous as time rolls on!:bored:
Should be good fun though! I hope!

Anyone else having phase 4 on 17th?

Ann

Geetea
11th Jan 2008, 10:28
Thats pretty much it for stage 4

Put it this way, if you are cut out to be a pilot then you will pass, just listen Carefully!!!! to what the training captain asks you to do and you will be fine! Its a bit stressful at the time but keep calm and use your nerves to stay alert if anything.

Hope you all do well and might see you on CP64!:ok:

Bambe
11th Jan 2008, 11:55
I strongly recommend all of you to book 1 or 2 hours in a 737 simulator prior to take your phase 4...
I failed at this stage, 3 months ago and (fortunately) have been invited to re-sit within 6 months..

This was, on my point of view, the hardest part of the selection process as you're not simply asked to turn right and left...

During the briefing, the instructor will explain you the fundamental first, then will talk about the link between speed and attitude...He will give you 3 speeds (250, 210 and 170 but I'm not sure) and 3 correspondant pitch..
Once in the simulator, you'll have, when requested, to maintain one of these speed by adapting the correct pitch...As you may know (I didn't) to keep a speed, you apply 56% of N1 prior to apply your pitch...You will have to put 56% power by the way...
The only question I was asked were the current altitude, our vertical speed, our heading...

So, use the trim ALL THE TIME, you are flying a 50 tonnes aircraft and it's really realistic...Concentrate on your pitch ALL THE TIME not on the vertical speed indicator..

But do not think guys that it's an easy stage...Download the 737-300 panel for your Flight simulator to familiarise with the instrumentation, then if you have 500 pounds, by one hour with an instructor, you won't waste your money..

When finished, make a positif debrief, do not hesit to tell :"I think this was well done but I should improve that.."...That's what saved me..

Hope it helped, forgive my approximative english.

The best for you guys, Try to sleep the night before, be involved during the briefing and remember 2 words...TRIM and PITCH

See you in NZ.

Exhibitz
11th Jan 2008, 12:23
I do not know if you guys have any previous experience. However I passed Phase 4 yesterday first time, and I found it all relatively easy (I have only 1 hour flying experience and 0 in a 737). Best advice is just enjoy it, and listen carefully to what he is saying. Nothing they ask you to do is particularly tricky, just a few bank turns and climbing/descending. I was then asked to land the plane, but he guides you through it. Like I say just enjoy it and you will be far more relaxed!

Exhibitz
11th Jan 2008, 13:44
P.S. Anyone CP61?

aemowens
11th Jan 2008, 16:26
Hi Exhibitz,
Well done on passing Phase 4! Excellent news!
Did they give you a start date yet?

Ann

akindofmagic
11th Jan 2008, 18:14
I would strongly caution against paying for any time in a jet simulator prior to CTC selection. It is simply not necessary, and is, in my opinion, a complete waste of money. During Phase 4, as has been stated many times before in this thread, the instructor is not in the slightest bit interested by whether or not you can actually fly the 737 perfectly; they are purely looking for your ability to take on new information and learn from mistakes, improving throughout the sortie. This could be referred to as "trainability". They are assessing whether or not you will be able to cope with the relatively steep learning curve that can seem almost vertical when you start your MEIR!

Pilot RatBoy
11th Jan 2008, 19:04
Passed my phase 3 yesterday after a long 6-month wait, and have been invited to Nursling on Monday at 11 am. Anybody here on the same assessment?

Geetea
11th Jan 2008, 23:19
I agree with akindofmagic, buying sim time is a waste, as he/shes pointed out,its a learning excercise not a performance one.

any more questions on what happens at different stages,they are plenty of posts at the beginning of this thread....one in particular

Tommy' C
12th Jan 2008, 09:52
As was mentioned above, it would work best to download a 737 panel to familiarize youself with cockpit layout. If CTC were looking for you to be able to fly the sim exceptionally-then they would most likely have a phase 4 pass rate of 0.1%

Ghostie31
12th Jan 2008, 09:55
Hi Guys,

Put in an application before xmas, checked up on it recently and it says it is "on Hold" and is no longer being reviewed!!

Anyone had a similar experience, or know what is going on?

Thanks

Ghostie

ledz147
12th Jan 2008, 18:12
thanks everyone, so is it a 737 300?

Exhibitz
13th Jan 2008, 09:45
Aemowens - 7th of May I believe!

PPL152
13th Jan 2008, 10:40
Hello!
I'm about to proceed with my selection process after being on hold for a while, having phase 2 next. I'm not from the UK so I will ask to book the following stages provisionally.

I'm 1st yr uni and I will be dropping out of the course if I get selected, do any of you guys think this will hinder my application (the fact that I'm dropping out of the course.. which btw is 7 yrs to fully completE).

PS: I asked some of you similar questions though I'd like to have some more opinions before going all out for it! (sorry if i bothered you)

Exhibitz
13th Jan 2008, 10:44
So long as you can justify it in the interview i'm sure it won't pose that much of a problem. It will certainly come up though - they will ask questions such as Why did you choose this course? How do we know you won't drop out of our course? Do you have a lack of motivation? Just make sure you can cover all your bases on the topic.

StefanB
13th Jan 2008, 13:57
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on whether CTC would allow you to defer entry to the wings scheme by 1 year if you were selected.

I am through to stage 4 but was afraid to ask them in case it was misinterpreted as a lack of enthusiasm on my part.(obviously i'm not counting my chickens just yet but hoping for the best at stage 4)

Cheers

Ghostie31
13th Jan 2008, 14:30
helen0888

Thanks for the info! gd luck with your studies!

rogerg
13th Jan 2008, 15:58
TRIM and PITCH trim little and often, and try to RELAX

ledz147
13th Jan 2008, 16:26
just wondered if theres any guys on here who took their phase 3 on the 9th jan? just wondered how everyone got on! pm me if there is

pt_flyer
13th Jan 2008, 22:09
Crazypilot what kind of test was the last one that you're talking about? Hand-eye coordination?

crazypilot
14th Jan 2008, 09:08
pt_flyer - last test was hand-eye coordination with two other tasks thrown in at the same time. The hand-eye coordination part was the easier bit ;)

Exhibitz
14th Jan 2008, 10:08
Some of the tests they don't show the actual scores, such as shape recognition and hands etc. Also be aware that it's also based on how quickly you answer, they say in some situations it's better to give an incorrect answer within a couple of seconds than the incorrect one within 30 seconds. I know this is the case with the hands, you should be aiming to answer them all within the first 2-3 seconds and the time steps shouldn't make a difference. If you got near full marks on all the others I can only say that these were the 2 you perhaps slipped up.

antonov225
14th Jan 2008, 13:40
Hi I was recently at phase 3 but didn't get through. I was bitterly disappointed but then read that they wanted me back in 6 months so not too despondent. Honestly I thought I had done very badly in the interview (couldn't put my finger on what exactly but just had a feeling) but I must have been close if they asked me back. My problem is that 6 months is a long time and I am considering FTE. However what I want to know is that do I have a good chance, in anyone's opinion, of being successful second time round? Would CTC only ask me back if they thought I was very close but just couldnt justify a pass this time round? Whatever happens I'm going for pilot training somewhere but if there's a good chance of getting in with CTC then 6 months isn't that long. Also when they talk about reapplication is it just the phase you failed on? I would be very reluctant if I had to progress through all the stages again.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me

Elbiot
14th Jan 2008, 16:24
Just a quick question. i have my phase 3 on the 16th. If successful i am hoping to have my phase 4 on the 17th. I understand they may ask you things such as

What altitude are we at?
What is our current airspeed?
What heading are we on?

Can anyone help with this as stupid as it sounds i just dont want to get it wrong. Is there a website i can look at to help me...

Cheers
Elliot

Exhibitz
14th Jan 2008, 16:39
Don't worry, the instructor explains everything for you. He will tell you where to look for various readings, just go in with a level head and it will seem a walk in the park.

exactscience
14th Jan 2008, 16:47
I have my stage 2 coming up on the 5th of Feb and was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding prior preparation for either the maths of pilapt tests. Has anyone found comparable versions of either test on the web?...Was there anything you wished you'd covered etc etc? Thanks for any help.

Elbiot
14th Jan 2008, 17:32
exactscience search search search...there is so mush on it. page one for example!

aemowens
14th Jan 2008, 20:08
Hi Exactscience

I would definately recommend practicing your maths (basic arithmetic) - not only for the maths test, but also when you get to the bit where they do a 'countdown' and you have to work out if the difference has changed! If you haven't done maths for ages, its amazing how that bit of your brain stops working!
The other stuff is hard to practice, maybe play with a flightsim and get your handeye coordination going.
Oh and don't arrive tired!
Good luck!

Hi Elbiot - I have my stage 4 on 17th too! hope to see you there, good luck with stage 3 - try and enjoy it, hard to imagine but its not as scary as it seems, just speak honestly about why you want to be there the day after!

Ann

Exhibitz
14th Jan 2008, 20:37
Do let me know how you two get on. You're just a week after me so I would of thought we would be going out to NZ at the same time.

Good luck!

saintexupery
15th Jan 2008, 08:35
for phase 2 u can try
http://www.cockpitweb.com/pilottest.html
http://www.nitex.nl/apst/ (free)
http://www.pilapt-prep.co.uk/

They say these won't help your score - the folks who developed the software probably worked a lot on getting rid of experience effects - but they may just give u a bit of familiarity with the type of test.

For phase 3 if they want you to re-try it is probably because they thing u have a decent chance of making it through.

For phase 4 they said to take it as a lesson....so listen to what the instructor wants you to do and it will be a very enjoyable and not difficult test....actually it was really a blast i did not want the test to end

Elbiot
15th Jan 2008, 11:28
Ann, hope to see you on the 17th too the nerves are a killer at the moment I have been after this for a long time.

Exhibitz, that would be amazing if all 3 of us got through and were out there together.

All the best everyone.

Elliot

sleepyrascal
15th Jan 2008, 12:24
Im off to my stage 2 on Feb 12th at 1pm. Anyone else going then? I have a long day, flight leaves aberdeen at 6:55am, get into London Heathrow at 8:15. Pick up hire car and burn down to Bournmouth. I have 3 hours to get there which - according to google maps - is more than enough. I just hope there are no hitches along the way. Then leaving bournmouth at half 4 ish to head back to London for 9pm flight back up to Aberdeen.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. Part of me is grounded and I remember that only a fraction of those interviewed get through. But then I think I obviously have something to be at stage 2 in the first place so im going in well prepared. Fortunately (in a way) im in the middle of completing my night class HNC engineering exams so lots of maths revison already done. AmazinglyI just tried to do some division without a calculator.. I was totally lost. haven't had to do that on paper since school. haha. I'll have that sorted soon. I suppose I have nothing to loose which fortunately fills me with confidence.

One thing is sure - I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Elbiot
15th Jan 2008, 13:00
Sleepyrascal. If i was you i would really really get there the evening before. It wont cost you much to change your flight and hire car and b&b is very cheap around there. It just means you dont have to get up silly early and be all drousy for the day. I really do advise it.

Im at my stage 3 now and i can say stage 2 is good fun. The pilapt tests are quite challenging in parts but at the same time fun. I cant say the maths is easy as i have to re-take myne:hmm:

All the best just play lots of computer games to brush up on hand eye stuff.

Elliot

sleepyrascal
15th Jan 2008, 14:07
tried to change flights... bmi want another £80 to change flight. Also there is a £25 cancel fee. Regardless, the prices have all gone up to £90 so i'm just leaving it as it is. I'm hard, i can take it. lol.

Geetea
15th Jan 2008, 14:08
Sleepyrascal, im im the middle of my engineering finals and the maths they require of you is simple compared to what we have to do! No differentiation or integration! Worst questions is a currency conversion to 2 decimal places with no calculator! You do have paper to do calculations on

As long as he gets a decents night sleep before he starts his journey down he should be fine for the tests!

Good Luck

sleepyrascal
15th Jan 2008, 14:34
the only annoying thing is i'll have been travelling all morning so it would have been nice to get a shower etc. Might find some scabby hotel and get a cheap room for an hour.

Cant really avoid that sounding dodgy! :rolleyes:

Elbiot
15th Jan 2008, 17:16
shower in the morning mate and drive without your suit on with the windows open..then when you arrive change in your car..just dont let anyone see you that would be embarrassing!! lol
Good luck mate.
Elliot

greywind
15th Jan 2008, 18:30
for the guys asking about re applying.
You will only reapply at the stage you're at, so if it's stage 3 you will come back at stage 3. However if you leave it a substantial period - over a year or so you may have to start from scratch again.

As to whether it's worth waiting six months and reapplying, well I failed my phase 2 initially and was asked back after six months. So I waited, worked for a few months and I'm out in New Zealand now. They'll only ask you back if you are close to their criteria and they think you'll make it through given another chance.

EI350
15th Jan 2008, 22:06
Alright Lads,
Anyone know what's up with the new partner airline Pacific Airlines of Vietnam? Are they sending their own cadets or what?:confused:

Polorutz
16th Jan 2008, 07:19
I heard the rumor (and after all PPrune is a rumor network), that some cadets have been offered positions on Pacific Airlines.

aemowens
16th Jan 2008, 08:55
I don't know whether anyone else found this at stage 2, but seeing as they give you multiple choice, you don't actually have to sit and calculate all of them - especially with the conversion factors ones - if a yard is just less than a metre and you are converting metres to yards then the answer is obviously going to be a bigger number than you started with.

Does that make any sense?!

Ann

General Zod
16th Jan 2008, 09:08
Anyone know what the process is for re-sitting?

I messed up Phase 4 and was told I could do it again after 6 months (which will be the end of Feb).

Do they contact you nearer the date?
Do you have to chase them up?

PPL152
16th Jan 2008, 09:33
What's the problem with Pacific Airlines? Is it "Vietnam" or?

TwoTone-7
16th Jan 2008, 10:01
Based in Vietnam.

I know some of the ATP cadets have been placed there.

poffer
16th Jan 2008, 10:43
Zod,

I contacted them nearer the time when i had my resit for stage 2. Its best not to leave it long before contacting them. May I ask how you messed up stage 4? I have mine in a few weeks.

Thanks

andytiny
16th Jan 2008, 20:04
Hi there...new to this.

I recently applied to CTC for the cadet programme.

On the application tracker it says "this is a previous and in-active application" and at stage 1 its "On hold".

Does anyone know what this means? Maybe on hold for selection etc..?

Thanks

shoey11
19th Jan 2008, 22:45
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help so far. I have my stage 2 interview on tuesday and ive been revising all the sections from this website:
http://www.thatquiz.com/ (http://www.thatquiz.com/)

I was just wondering if the math test used all these sections of maths, like algebra and formules etc, or is it just numerics? And if so do you know to what level? Also on the conversion questions do they give you the conversion rates or do you have to know them before hand?

Thankyou all for your time.

Tom.

shoey11
19th Jan 2008, 22:47
Hey guys... thanks for all your help so far!

Ive got my stage two on tuesday and ive been revising my maths from http://www.thatquiz.com/ (http://www.thatquiz.com/) and i was wondering if the math test uses all the sections from here, like algebra and formulaes etc or if it is just numerics? And if so to what stage? On convertsions do they give you the conversion rate in the question or do you have to learn them behind hand? Also, are there any interviews at stage 2 or just tests?!

Thanks again!!

Tom.

en2dsh
20th Jan 2008, 09:23
Tom,
There are no interviews at stage 2, just the maths test and the aptitude tests. Both of these are done on the computer. For the maths test, I would make sure you can do long devision and long multiplication without too many problems, and have a look at square roots and cube roots. Also, make sure you are comfortable using conversion factors (i.e. knowing whether to multiply or devide by them), you don't need to learn any before hand, you will be given any that you need in the question.
As the answers to the maths test are multiple choice (about 4 answers for each question) sometimes you don't need to work out the full answer, you can usually elminate some of the choices straight away.
Finally, the timing of the maths test can be tight if you spend too long on a question. Try not to get too wrapped up in working out an answer, if it is taking longer than a minute, take an educated guess and move on to the next question - you can always come back to it at the end if there is time.
I hope this has answered your questions.
Good Luck on Tuesday!

wannabe_100
20th Jan 2008, 15:51
Does anyone know if you can use examples from university for the questions for Phase 3 ? It says draw examples from Work/leisure or volunteering experience. I feel my university life would have better examples since im still there.

Thanks

Bambe
20th Jan 2008, 18:31
Use any examples from your past....They just want to hear how you performed in a specific situation and NOT what you would have done...So leisure, work, university, associative...Everything is good..

Think of some technical questions...Why an aircraft fly? How do you stop the aircraft after landing?,....

If you prepare it well, it's a good time.
Enjoy

casino335
20th Jan 2008, 18:40
Hi,
Just wondered if there is anyone just over 30 that has applied for the CTC Wings cadet scheme and has been invited to sit phase 2 tests, as i can't see an age limit on CTC's website?

Thanks.

De-fault
21st Jan 2008, 12:41
As far as I am aware under EU discrimination laws Companies are no longer allowed to use age as a selection criteria and so are not allowed to set an age limit for intake to the company.

What is said and what actually happens can be two entirely different things though.

casino335
21st Jan 2008, 13:07
Thanks for the info De-fault. I read of someone on here being 34 and being invited to phase 2 (unless it was a typo and there age is 24).That's why i was curious to see how many older candidates had applied and been successful. Do many people actually fail phase 1 and are not invited to sit the aptitude tests?

McWho
21st Jan 2008, 14:43
Dear all

I have my phase 3 very shortly. I've read through many of the pages of the original CTC discussion thread, and note that I might be required to do a public introduction. Since we've never been told during phase 2 about having to give a public introduction to the rest of the attendees is it possible that this no longer takes place, can anyone who has recently been for phase3 confirm whether or not they had to do this?

Also can you describe the event itself, did you have to stand up and address the other attendees from a podium or from the front of the room, or did you simply remain seated around a room and discuss across a table or similar?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the thought of public speaking scares me more than death! I don't believe I will be doing myself any favours during this event, since I have a habbit of letting my nerves get the better of me in these scenarios. :uhoh:

sleepyrascal
21st Jan 2008, 15:03
McWho, There are loads of guides online or in books describing ways of getting over the fear of public speaking. I have done it a few times and I would say the absolute KEY THING is to know what you're talking about. Practice what you will say and deliberately speak slowly.

If you make a mistake or forget what you were supposed to say, that will be your downfall.

Keep it short, dont go into much detail, keep it interesting, and speak to objects rather than faces. Pick out pillars, empty seats, even dodgy hair cuts and speak to them. To everyone else it will look like you're speaking to people in the room.

Everyone else has to do it and something like 8 out of 10 people are like you so your not alone.

PPL152
21st Jan 2008, 15:07
To my knowledge, phase 3 is simply two group exercises and a formal interview. No public speech or anything?

Can anyone confirm this?

Bambe
21st Jan 2008, 16:56
Prior to the first group exercise, you'll have to briefly introduce yourself... You'll remain seated around a table and will talk about you.. Who you are, where you come from, your education, your hobbies and most of all WHY you are here today, why you want to be a pilot...
Think of it the day before, it musn't be to long as it's very unformal... But don't forget that it is your first contact with your assessors... So keep smiling and be happy..

poss
21st Jan 2008, 17:17
McWho if your nervous about introducing yourself, try writing down some bulletpoints on what your going to talk about. This will help your mind focus. When it comes to public speaking, what a previous person said about not looking directly at people would help but i'm not sure if in this situation it would be appropriate. Remember the examiners are looking for confidence... try and get some eye contact in there with a couple of people including the examiner. Even if it is just for a second or two.
Practise in the mirror and see what your facial expressions are going to be, try not to look worried. Easier said than done but it has to be done i'm afraid.
Good luck, I have my stage 2 on the 29th :p.

Ghostie31
21st Jan 2008, 17:23
McWho-

The only way of getting better is practice!! Sit you family down and go through it, or your friends or even your dog!

I promise it'll give you a lot more confidence!

aemowens
21st Jan 2008, 17:31
McWho,
Honestly its not that big a deal - the assessors introduce themselves first to give you an idea of what they want. It basically covers when you decided you wanted to be a pilot and why, what you have done between now and then, what flying experience you have and what hobbies you have. Its literally a couple of minutes and then its over! Don't panic too much about it (may just plan how to cover it in your head - but I did this while I was listening to what everyone else said!)
Good luck

Ann

Casino335 - I think most people are ruled out at phase 1 so if you get to phase 2 you are in the minority already.

sleepyrascal
21st Jan 2008, 22:28
From what has been said it seems the public speaking element is not such a big deal.

I did say concentrate on in-animate objects however if it s sit-around-a-table type ordeal then its all about interacting.... i guess

PPL152
22nd Jan 2008, 11:02
Hey there
I sent ctc an email last friday to book stage 2 and they haven't replied yet. anyone knows if this is usual for ctc to take long to reply?

regards

en2dsh
22nd Jan 2008, 11:25
PPL152,
As far as I am aware, bookings are done through the website not via email (if I am wrong then just ignore this next bit!)
You can log on using your application number (If you don't know it then it will be in one of the emails they sent you when you passed Phase 1) and the password you chose when you originally applied. Once you have logged in to your application, it should come up with all of the available Phase 2 sessions, and you just click on the one you want to attend then give them a call and pay for it.

sleepyrascal
22nd Jan 2008, 12:50
PPL152

Hello,

Once you book your date/time online you will get confirmation immediately however it is not fully booked until you pay. They send a reciept in the post.

Im heading down for stage 2 on trhe 12th of Feb for the 1pm session. Staying at the Queens Hotel on the 11th. Good price and its got a pool etc, great for relaxing before the big day.... :)

PPL152
22nd Jan 2008, 13:06
Hello there
Thanks for the replies.

I sent them an email so they put my application active once again since it was on hold. So after that I will be able to book phase 2, and maybe book the other phases provisionally since I will be coming from outside the UK.

Just waiting for their email...

CapCon
22nd Jan 2008, 15:01
Hey sleepy,

I'll be joining you on the 12th at 1 for Phase 2. Can't wait! Will be driving down from London so hopefully wont be too bad a journey.

CapCon

sleepyrascal
22nd Jan 2008, 15:28
EXCELLENT! I was beginning to think I was the only one! I'll keep an eye out for you on the 12th!

Does anyone know how many people go to stgae 2 and how many make stage 3/4?

Exhibitz
22nd Jan 2008, 15:31
There were about 16 at my Stage 2, 6 (normally 8) at my Stage 3, and 2 (inc me) at Stage 4.

Dondon
22nd Jan 2008, 18:52
I will be heading down from Leeds to take the tests for stage 2 the 5th of February.

Does anyone know a good place to stay, as I will be in Christchurch the 4th.

From what I understand the numerical tests include: long multiplication/division/addition/subtraction and ratios etc. Can anyone correct me on this?

If you roughly get 1 min per question then they can't be too complicated can they?

Cheers!

sleepyrascal
23rd Jan 2008, 08:19
Dondon,

I booked a room at the Queens Hotel. From the map it looks very close to CTC plus its far better than the travel lodge and cheaper if you book through superbreak.com. It has a gym, pool etc and breakfast is included in the price... £32. :)

jaimz1982
23rd Jan 2008, 20:46
Hi everyone.

I have my stage 2 re-sits coming up in Feb, just wanted to know of anyones experiences.

I took the first 2 stage re-sit almost 1.5 years ago but because of work commitments and being out of the country, I've not been able to get to Bmouth.

Any advice would be great.

Jim

shoey11
24th Jan 2008, 14:48
Hi jaimz1982 and dondon.

I took my stage 2 on tuesday and this is what i experienced. After you get there you get given a presentation that lasts for around an hour. You then get a 15 minute break and then you go to the examination room where you have a computer, joystick and keypad infront of you. You start with the math test. In my maths test there were a few long multiplication and long division questions so make sure you know these. But the majority of the questions i recieved were conversion rates, for example, if there are 36 inches in a yeard and 39 inches in a meter, how many meters are there in 150 yards. Others were in the same context but you were given £ to $ and £ to euro, then had to work out how many $ were in a euro. Make sure you know how to do these, plus the LD and LM and youll be fine. You have 15 mintues to answer 15 questions, but i finished with 5 minutes to spare, there not very challenging questions.

After the math test you then have your perpetual test. People say you can practise these to get better, but i wouldnt. I think what they are looking for is improvement in your scores. In my tests i got 7,8,9 in the first test, then on another got 2, 5, 8. Just complete the tasks that are timed as quickly as possible. Thats what i did, and im pretty sure i completely messed up the man holding a square and circle test and finding a shape in a grid of other shapes, but ive been invited to stage 3 on 13th feb so its all good!

Just get a good night sleep before hand, relax and enjoy it when your there and im sure youll do fine.. good luck!!

PilotChris
24th Jan 2008, 20:26
Hey, it was great to meet everyone yesterday, i think an enjoyable, but stressful day was had by everyone!! :)
just wondered how everyone got on??
i was lucky enough to pass and have my phase 4 next thursday!! :ok:
Chris

VS029
25th Jan 2008, 15:33
Hey guys, I tried to load up the list of partner airlines on the CTC website but it keeps failing, and as I have my Stage 3 on 6th Feb, I was hoping someone could list all the airlines involved with CTC this question seems to come up quite a lot in the interviews.

Look forward to replies,

VS029

Exhibitz
25th Jan 2008, 16:17
From memory...
EasyJet
British Airways
MyTravel
Jet2
First Choice
Thompson Fly
Monarch
Thomas Cook
and I believe they have recently partnered with Pacific Airlines.

Good luck!

CapCon
26th Jan 2008, 13:23
Hey everyone,

Finally finished reading both threads on the wings selection - What a mission!

I've got Phase 2 coming up and been doing maths revision constantly. My only concern is the final pilapt test, specifically the number countdown. How long do they give us between each number to work out the difference? Is it pretty rapid?

Cheers,

CapCon

aemowens
26th Jan 2008, 23:35
Hi Capcon,

On the final test you get to do each bit individually first, to get a feel for it I assume. The count down is quite slow, I found trying to remember the last number more of a problem (cos you are trying to remember the shape and colour of the object you were told as well) rather than the speed of the numbers, I would say there is at least 5seconds between the numbers (from what I remember!)

Hope that helps

Ann

CapCon
27th Jan 2008, 21:03
Thanks for the reply Ann. That has certainly calmed some nerves. 5 seconds is longer than I was expecting.

Cheers,

Ollie

komac2
28th Jan 2008, 05:13
Sorry this is way off topic-whoever the person was that was driving the van on ohaupo road on Friday you have been in NZ to long as you starting to drive like the locals:).

hvogt
1st Feb 2008, 13:02
Since I thought about doing my flight training with CTC via their self sponsored iCP route I had asked for some feedback on my previous application to the partly sponsored Wings Cadet programme. This is the complete answer I received today:

"Thank you for your email. We regret that we do not supply feedback, where we have said no to reapplication. May we refer you back to the advise we gave you about self analysis of the day.
Regards CTC Wings Selection Team"

I hope this will help you to decide whether you would like to spend the £176.25 for the selection.

The African Dude
1st Feb 2008, 16:11
As far as I know, the iCP Self Sponsored course with CTC involves a different selection day, which includes the aptitude testing, interview and group exercises all in one go. They then give you feedback at the end, so that you can make your decision as to whether or not you want to fork out for the course. As the iCP is handled by a different team of people to the Wings selection, you might have to go through the selection again in the form of the iCP day, in which event you will then get the feedback you want. You'd have to do this if you applied to any other self-sponsored course, so chin-up - it could be worse :bored:

PilotChris
1st Feb 2008, 17:50
Hey everyone,

just wanted to let people know, that with the help of people off these forums and their advice, ive passed the final stage and im off to NZ on the 7th of may with CP61!! i cant wait!!

i had my stage 4 yesterday (31st Jan) and it was great! loved every minute of it! i know the three of us who had a midday session passed, i just wondered if anyone else in the morning session had any news??

Regards,

Chris

Bambe
1st Feb 2008, 19:32
Well done Chris... Enjoy

poss
1st Feb 2008, 19:49
Well done Chris, fantastic news mate.:}

Exhibitz
2nd Feb 2008, 08:37
Hey Chris, Congratulations! You're on the same course as me. Did you say there are 3 others who also got through? So far I only know of 2 people on CP61 :)

1mag1n3
5th Feb 2008, 18:49
I did a search, and i didnt find an answer, or an exact one to be precise.

I was simply wondering what conditions you must meet to be invited back if you do not pass a certain phase?

Is it that you "just" miss the grade, or that you are just a good person, and they want you back to try again? ;)

Thanks,
1mag

poss
6th Feb 2008, 00:50
Stage 2 - if you were close to passing the aptitude tests they will ask for you to come back

Stage 3 - if they feel you havent got the life experiences for team work skills, leadership skills etc behind you they may ask you back and recommend you do something to develope those skills.

unsure of stage 4

:ok:

ozman777
6th Feb 2008, 03:29
Hello.

Some precisions about Phase 4.
It seems it is possible to be reinvited back to this phase (4), as a friend has been it :) .
But unfortunately, I don't know the conditions you have to meet, sorry :rolleyes: .

Good bye !

(I will take Phase 3 end of March. anyone else ?)

Lauren9
6th Feb 2008, 08:40
Anyone on CP59 leaving 12 March??

Bambe
6th Feb 2008, 11:27
I failed my phase 4 and was invited to re-apply... My advice would be to get involved during the briefing but most of all to have a positif and honnest debrief after your assessment.

I knew what I did wrong and simply told the instructor my feeling. That's what saved me.

I should re-sit in April.

Good luck

poss
6th Feb 2008, 14:17
Did you get any feedback as to why you failed Bambe?
Good luck for your April resit!

Exhibitz
6th Feb 2008, 14:19
Debrief? I never had one of those! Hm... my briefing was just him simply telling us a few things, and asking for any questions, and constantly stated that he didn't expect you to pick it all up there and then. After the simulation he said, Great, did you enjoy it then? End of assessment.

poss
6th Feb 2008, 15:12
I think just recently, Exhibitz, they want us to show some form of self evaluation.

Haven't heard anything from people doing Phase 3 on the 5th March. Perhaps theres just the two of us going?! :(

Bambe
6th Feb 2008, 17:15
I hadn't any formal debrief, simply a quick chat with the instructor. Then I had to give them my feedback before they sent me theirs.

As Polorutz told me the night before...Focus on the attitude and not on the vertical speed indicator.. I should have kept it it mind... Anyway, I'll do it the next time.

Best of luck for you

ozman777
6th Feb 2008, 18:37
Actually, Bambe was "my friend" who has been reinvited for phase 4 :):).

Good luck ! (Bambe, si jamais je suis dans les environs de Bournemouth jusqu'en fin Mars, ainsi que 2 autres bonhommes du forum aéronet, alors si tu veux qu'on aille se boire une bierre, PM :))

The African Dude
7th Feb 2008, 06:55
Hi Bambe,

The attitude is important, but it's not actually about how you fly the thing that matters. Really focus on showing your instructor that you're taking on board what he's teaching you.

They want to be sure that they can train you. When he asks you a question to distract you or check capacity, let your prioritisation kick in - near the end of a turn? Tell him to hold on for a sec while you finish it, then you can answer him straight away as you roll out on heading.

Don't forget to trim - then you can just push the plane where you want it to go, and it will always come back (nearly) to straight and level. That frees up a lot of capacity for chatting and having a bit of a joke with your instructor (and dealing with engine fires, not that you'll have one of those :eek:)

I passed the phase 4 recently so you can trust me!
Good luck!

sleepyrascal
7th Feb 2008, 23:41
There is some info on what follows stage 4 both on here and on the ctc site. However can someone who is or has experienced it tell me (and anyone else who is interested) what exactly happens after stage 4? If you pass i mean.

The African Dude
8th Feb 2008, 06:00
You'll probably get a phone call with the result, although you may have to wait a few days if the person dealing with your application is off sick or something. Once done and passed, Daphne will send you a pack which contains the information on getting insurance, visas, funding with HSBC etc. You'll also be allocated a CTC email address and be given access to their forum. Obviously you will have to stop running around with your pants on your head in sheer glee in order to see any of this happening.

Geetea
8th Feb 2008, 10:44
I passed stage 4 last october and I have never been told about no forum!
I was given my ctc trainee email address,but no forum log in.

The African Dude
8th Feb 2008, 12:41
Damn, I will have to tell Daphers that I've accidentally let-slip to you, Geetea :} just kidding. What course are you on? You might get access closer to start date.