PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

alpha-b
14th Jul 2008, 10:36
Just heard about aircrafts orders from Fludubai: about 54 Boeing planes.:)
Any idea about the type (B737NG?!) and pilots requirements?
Thks.

looseobject
14th Jul 2008, 11:35
On Flight International.

Order of 54 Boeing 737NG, CFM 56 engines, deliveries to start on May 2009.

No more info on pilots recruitement.

Cheers

mensaboy
14th Jul 2008, 12:11
Is it possible it was FlyDubai?

Angels40
14th Jul 2008, 12:39
Yes indeed, it's for FLYDUBAI, 54 737-800 NG's for the new Low cost outfit based in Dubai.

Heard it confirmed also on radio 2 just now.:)

fourgolds
14th Jul 2008, 13:47
Just saw the add , only pilots and cabin crew with up to date vaccination certificates can apply.

sim01
14th Jul 2008, 14:29
Does anyone have FlyDubai's address , website or address available ? Thank you

MrMachfivepointfive
14th Jul 2008, 16:55
Website is flydubai : Home (http://www.flydubai.com)
Applications through Emirates at this time. Emirates Recruitment (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com)

sispanys ria
14th Jul 2008, 17:05
Shall I understand the minimum requirements are same as for Emirates ? 2000 hours jet to be FO on 737 ???

fourgolds
14th Jul 2008, 17:43
FLUDUBAI , the new low cost carrier in exciting Dubai is seeking healthy Flight Deck Crew and Cabin Crew , with strong immune systems to tackle the daily stresses that this exciting new position offers. Crew Members with current Vaccination certificates will be given preference. We are also seeking Qualified Doctors and Nurses to help passengers and staff in this infectious enviroment.

B-737
15th Jul 2008, 04:01
It is quite surprising that flydubai choosed to purchase 737 planes while others low cost concurrents have choosen the 320 ( air arabia , jazeera...)

.Aero
15th Jul 2008, 04:20
I'm loving the livery! Clean, fresh, & simple - doesn't seem to be any Arabic on the body. I'm not a fan of mix 'n matching languages.[/color][/size] :ok:

http://www.flydubai.com/images/flydubai_plane_v2.jpg

[size=3][color=Blue]alpha-b, are you able to change the spelling of 'FluDubai' on the thread title? otherwise it'll make it hard for people doing searches.

Capt Roo
15th Jul 2008, 06:57
Think you'll find that 73NG has much lower maintenance costs compared to the A-320 series. The latter has better fuel burns of course, but maybe the price of fuel is not relevant to the Dubai government.

Paint scheme does look good. Is the base going to be the current DXB or the new airport?

sispanys ria
15th Jul 2008, 08:36
heard as a fact that the current DXB airport will become a Shopping Mall or something similar when the new airport will start running...

in fact it's gonna be a polar bear water park.

MONKEYFACE
15th Jul 2008, 13:22
The summer heat is getting to Monkeyface, or they had too many beers!

Calm down

EGGW

disconnected
15th Jul 2008, 13:22
No - Space City for the SpaceDubai launches

Heritage 1
15th Jul 2008, 13:38
Heard a rumour that recent interview candidates for EK were told that the successful ones would be joining either EK or FlyDubai. Also something about upgrades being on FlyDubai only. Can anyone confirm that?

BigGeordie
15th Jul 2008, 16:46
The official line here is still that Fly Dubai will be a completely seperate entity. But who knows how it will work out in the end? I expect the crews will be the last people to find out.

BYMONEK
15th Jul 2008, 19:10
MonkeyFace

He didn't say he didn't like Arabic. He said he wasn't a fan of mix 'n' matching languages.

Your profile says you're six years old. I believe you. So, back to the trees for you, chimp!

chainsaw
16th Jul 2008, 00:44
MONKEYFACE,

If you're not a complete idiot, then you probably fooled most readers into believing that's the case I'd think following your world-class record-beating effort at simulating one with your post of the following bit of xenophobic racist nonsense:

Monkeyface's naught post was edited

fo4ever
16th Jul 2008, 05:47
Its now a fact that EK 777 FO´s will do their upgrade on FlyDubai 737.

Lord Flashhart
16th Jul 2008, 05:59
fo4ever- Where did you get that 'fact' from?

MONKEYFACE
16th Jul 2008, 06:56
Monkeyface has left the building!

Cabair351
16th Jul 2008, 09:48
maybe its a lack of sleep from flying back from deepest Africa all night but i couldnt find anything on the emirates website for FlyDubai flight crew. any links/email address/contacts would be appreciated.

Geebz
19th Jul 2008, 17:37
Even with more attractive lease-rates on offered from Airbus, the B737NG is cheaper to operate. This told to me last week by a Wall Street analyst.

TIFWIW.

fatbus
20th Jul 2008, 04:12
mirdif, you are joking right?

tbaylx
20th Jul 2008, 09:03
Lots of mechanical linkages? ooooookayyyy. :rolleyes:

MrMachfivepointfive
20th Jul 2008, 16:49
Quote: Its now a fact that EK 777 FO´s will do their upgrade on FlyDubai 737.

FO4EVER

Complete, utter and universal hogwash. Hard rule: No drink before email or pprune post, understand??

Why don't you go to EGHQ, take the lift to 9th floor, look for the FlyDubai project office and have a chat with Ken Gile - the COO?

He might even talk to you. :suspect:

TangoUniform
20th Jul 2008, 17:15
C'mom boys give mirdif a break. He probably hasn't been to Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona in the summer when it's 40-48C everyday. Or Denver at almost 6000 ft. when it's 38-40C. I just keep forgetting that Southwest has to shut down for days at a time because their, what, 300+ 737s can't operate or have problems with "linkage". Or how about Copa in Panama that regularly flies into 8000 foot airports on 40c days near the equator.

Geez!

NGFellow
24th Jul 2008, 05:42
Does anyone have any information regarding FlyforDubai? Their website says to apply via emirates website. But the emirates website does not have any special section for them on the application or otherwise.
I was told they were to start in June-July of 2009 after having placed a big order for the B737NG (54). Emirates is supposed to get them set up and then they will be on their own.

whatzmyname
24th Jul 2008, 05:58
It's actually called 'Fly Dubai'. Sorry did not see any link either to job applications.

NGFellow
25th Jul 2008, 01:38
:confused:It appears that you have to apply as though you are applying for a job at Emirates and you are screened through the process. As it stands the requirements for Capts and F/O's are the same as Emirates. If you don't meet the mins (8000 hrs with 3000 PIC for Capts) you will get an automated response telling you to apply again when you meet the requirements. Unless they tweak the program where there is some link or place on the app to put in FlyDubai, you are basically completing an Emirates App. I think that they will be tailoring an app for FlyDubai in the near future or screen applicants from the Emirates side.

It will be interesting to see what the pay package and T&C are like. If they are somewhat similar FlyDubai might be a better place to hang your hat. You would be home more often without having to pass through numerous time zones etc etc... Ofcourse no wide-body flying.

Payscale
24th Aug 2008, 14:31
Salary per month Value in AED
Basic salary 25,000
Housing allowance 16,000
Transportation allowance 4,000
Variable Flying Pay *
(based on working an 80 hour month) 12,000
Projected Total 57,000

....and I thought the whole concept of LLC was to have low overheads.... OH! Hang on.... does that mean EK is actually paying me a LOW COST salary... but they told us about bench marks and all the fancy words. So now we can say we are the FIRST low cost A380 operator... and we all know how important it is to be FIRST in everything :8

Wizofoz
24th Aug 2008, 15:48
and I thought the whole concept of LLC was to have low overheads

No, part of the original LCC model (Southwest, easyJet, Ryanair) was to pay staff well, in order to attract and retain them, but to keep structures simple (such as paying allowences rather than actually supplying accomodation).

Southwest have some of the best paid pilots in the world.

FlyDubai are going to require a shed-load of experienced, type rated pilots. Why wouldn't they pay what was required to get them?

After all, EK has obviously paid enough to attract and retain you....

fatbus
24th Aug 2008, 15:53
If you think Fly Dubai is better than EK than all the power to you , have fun, but down keep talking about it or bitching about it.You want LCC its yours for the taking. They did have to some how be better than AA, im sure that was their goal.

capt-Purple
24th Aug 2008, 16:23
Im here to testify that AA will be kicking some of that fly dubai Azzzzz for sho!

maxi9991
24th Aug 2008, 17:12
Whats AA? New airline? Where.

cheers

tbaylx
24th Aug 2008, 17:21
AA= Air Arabia, 320 LC operator been around a few years now and doing well for themselves.

Glorified Donkey
24th Aug 2008, 17:26
Air Arabia rocks!

maxi9991
24th Aug 2008, 17:29
Oh Ok, totally different fleet though.

How does the pay compare in air arabia to fly dubai, considering a 80 hours roster. Also the base being sharjah, how is life there?

Payscale
24th Aug 2008, 17:39
Wizzfoz... dubai property market and kite surfing is what is keeping me.
Fatboy... you need new reading glasses. I wasnt saying I WANT LLC. I was commenting on we already are paid LLC wages. Get it now?:{

White Knight
25th Aug 2008, 11:41
Payscale - pot calling the kettle black regarding reading glasses:ugh:

Payscale
25th Aug 2008, 11:46
Is that a riddle.....?

Enjoy you day, mate

Payscale

SU-GCM
26th Aug 2008, 01:34
@maxi9991
Sharjah or Dubai
not a big difference Sharjah is 15 KMs away from Dubai at peak times u can take it at 01:30 mins drive
at normal u can take it in 20 mins Maximum
the only difference would be no alcoholics at Sharjah
and prices are abit less than dubai

Fubaliera
26th Aug 2008, 06:02
Why does Fly Dubai have the 500PIC requirment for F/O. Why is this ex Skybus, Southwest guy putting the restrictions higher than EK. Is he targeting all his friends from Skybus, Aloha and all the Regional Barbie Trainer Jet Captains and discrimanting against High time jet experienced F/o with international experience.
This is the only non us carrier in the world requiring 500PIC jet for F/O. In my opinion he is targeting only American Pilots. Only in the US does this practice exist.

trimotor
26th Aug 2008, 06:20
Maybew they are looking at the obvious need to upgrade FO's quickly, due initial expansion..

pspcz
26th Aug 2008, 07:50
Why does Fly Dubai have the 500PIC requirment for F/O. Why is this ex Skybus, Southwest guy putting the restrictions higher than EK. Is he targeting all his friends from Skybus, Aloha and all the Regional Barbie Trainer Jet Captains and discrimanting against High time jet experienced F/o with international experience.
This is the only non us carrier in the world requiring 500PIC jet for F/O. In my opinion he is targeting only American Pilots. Only in the US does this practice exist.

its obvious that they anticipate a fast upgrade program rather than hiring more DEC's...something they should be commended for

those poor bastards flying barbie jet captain make more command decisions in one month than a "highly experienced international FO" makes in a decade

pool
26th Aug 2008, 08:28
... maybe that's why the incident rate of barbie jets is higher than on the big stuff ...:}

filejw
26th Aug 2008, 09:11
The 500 hours PIC is because they expect fast upgrades and want people with previous Capt time.

Fubaliera
26th Aug 2008, 15:03
Does anybody really think that a current and qualified Capt on a jet is gonna do a right seat at Fly Dubai. Unless your from a cucaracha country, or a US regional jet wonder pilot it isnt gonna happen. Somebody should tell mr COO that he isnt in Alabama anymore and should look at the requirements for F/O inthe rest of the universe.

Metro man
27th Aug 2008, 00:34
No, part of the original LCC model (Southwest, easyJet, Ryanair) was to pay staff well, in order to attract and retain them

Some staff in LCCs get paid well, basically the highly skilled and difficult to replace ones such as pilots. Salaries are comparable to full service airlines but lack the standard extras such as loss of licence, pension etc, and they work harder for it.

Cabin and ground crew terms are quite poor and result in high turnover, but obviously this works out for LCCs financially, vs higher pay and lower turnover.

Lil Bro
27th Aug 2008, 16:12
Quote:
those poor bastards flying barbie jet captain make more command decisions in one month than a "highly experienced international FO" makes in a decade
... maybe that's why the incident rate of barbie jets is higher than on the big stuff ...http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Yeah we ball 'em up two or three times a day. Sometimes more...

TidaBisa
28th Aug 2008, 03:26
The best way to find out is to apply. All the requirements are on the website as well as the application process. If you don't meet the requirements then you probably will not be called. However, you can apply anyway and see what happens. It's all about supply and demand.

So far per fellow pprunners they don't seem to have called anyone as yet other than the initial cadre of management pilots who are probably on property.

TidaBisa
29th Aug 2008, 02:52
The FlyD major shortcoming is the housing allowance. For someone with 2-3 kids relocating, they would need a 3 bedroom apartment/villa. From the looks of it the allowance is short by around 60,000 AED. Plus if FlyD does not assist in the deposit bond required (6-12 months rent) I doubt that there will be many takers. I for sure don't have that kind of cash laying around to be put to use as a deposit.

Next point, the training bond of USD 24,000 for 3 years. If they are hiring current/qualified Capts why require a bond? Hopefully, the bond is one that decreases with time served with the company. It's not so much that one is planning to leave the company, but what if you have to due to a family illness or other situation back in your home country. There should be provisions for a true hardship case.

Educational allowance. If the allowance is AED 30,000 per family as opposed to per child then you are going to be paying out the a** for school costs. Cost is around 30,000-45,000 per year per child plus deposits etc. Some deposits (American schools especially) are very steep!

Car allowance--I would much rather give up the allowance for a pick-up/drop-off instead. Keep my sanity in the process.

No retirement/provident fund. If one is going to have to dip into the base salary for a)rent b)educational expenses etc etc. there is not going to be much left over for savings!

I guess if you don't have anything else going on then it is worth applying for. For those who have similat T&C at other airlines, crunching the numbers will reveal not much advantage, financially.

Big plus, however is being at a new airline at the ground level with tremendous potential and solid financial backing.

Has anyone heard from FlyD after applying? When are they going to start screening? Is it going to be the EK Screening process?

sunking
29th Aug 2008, 13:31
Flydubai will interview on September 30th a two day process. Airfare, hotel and meals are to be provided. Thats all I know for now. Stay tuned.

I've heard a lot of chatter on this board about paying 6 months to a year in advance for rental property. Is this a down payment followed by monthly rent or an advance paid once a year? Either way it seems a guy has got to have an initial outlay of 50-90k dollars....ouch

fatbus
29th Aug 2008, 16:06
Also keep inmind that they said the pay was based on 80 hours /month and at first you may not reach 80 /m while the operation gets started, IE lower pay at first.
I would ask if there is employee parking, where it is and how much would it cost. Nothing, repeat nothing, is free in dubai.
Was there anything about staff travel on EK, it is said to be a different company.
As for schools, I hear there is still lots of room at Gems World School

inverter
29th Aug 2008, 17:46
Why would a pilot with 500 PIC on type, apply for an F/O position to them, while next door LCC takes scare bus drivers with a min 800 hrs PIC as DEC (non rated)!! making about 59,000/m take home!
this strategy would only cater for the already job-less pilots in the North of the globe!

spearomic
29th Aug 2008, 18:53
LCC next door ? Which one ?

propaganda
30th Aug 2008, 09:21
Try Air Arabia in Sharjah

alpha474
31st Aug 2008, 03:38
.... was just thinking that why doesnt one think of putting some down payment and taking a loan in dubai and buy an appartment to live while flying for flydubai??? Rate of interest is somewhat around 7 percent... and a decent house in marina (1000-1400) 2BHK costs around 2mill dhiram (which is fine for a young couple with no kids or 1 small kid). so if someone can put a downpayment of half a million dhirams, then one can pay about 16000 dhirams P.M. as emi for the home loan, and whenever one wants to pull out of dubai in say 3-6 years, he can sell it off and carry his riches home :)

now now... i know its an ideal world case, and most ppruners would be smart to think like that, but i just wanna know the glitch here.... where is the catch??? cuz i somehow know there is a catch somewhere...

some potential glitches:
a) you lease the property for 99 years..... so what?? you're only investing.
b) the property market is gonna crash..... but whatever the king has done has worked till now, from the airline to the various projects,has worked well. And even if the bubble bursts, i fail to accept that one will sell after 3-6 years at a depreciated price..and even if you do, well it was as it is your HRA....
c) inflation of rentals.....if you have bought your residence...it does guard against price rise in real estate rentals.... now you WANT the prices to rise :ok:

p.s. i dont live in dubai... this is just some numbers i could pull off the net... someone suggested me bhomes.com as a great site for home hunting... and also checked a couple of bank sites for interest rate numbers. so if you have any other accurate numbers.. feel free to reply!

BigGeordie
31st Aug 2008, 07:41
The biggest problem is the 500,000 deposit. That is 136,000 USD and most people don't have that kind of money lying about. I can understand people being reluctant to sell up properties in their home countries just to buy somewhere in Dubai when it will never be a permanent home for them. You also have to factor in the rocketing maintenance charges in the marina which can add another 20,000 Dhs a year to your figures, and the housing "fee" which would add another 10,000 or so. Not forgetting DEWA bills (which actually wouldn't be that high for the property you have described.

You could make it work, but only with a very large deposit.

NGFellow
31st Aug 2008, 08:36
Anyone get called for the screening at FlyDubai? Is the interview/sim going to be like the EK one?

NGFellow
1st Sep 2008, 03:31
Just found out from a friend in the sandpit that shortlisted candidates are being contacted for a 2 day screening in Dubai around Sept 24th 2008.
For now they may just be looking for TRI/TRE applicants since they are just getting started. He says that they will probably have a screening once a month after the Sept one. Best of luck to all who get called. Don't forget to post your experience when you have a chance.:ok: I think there will be a giant "sucking sound" as NG Capts in India and elsewhere start abandoning ship. Even with the housing dilema etc Dubai is still a much better place to be in my humble opinion for most of us westerners. If they stick to 50 A/C then they will need minimum of 300 Captains for starters.

ironbutt57
1st Sep 2008, 06:54
Sunking...the pay is rent-in advance...so for whatever period your payment is made, your rent is covered...

GMDS
1st Sep 2008, 12:17
Your rent is covered .......

Caution advised: It takes at least 20000AED for utilities and tax (YES, you pay 5% of the rent as tax to the gvt, go figure..). so you're stranded with 170k to get something decent. Good luck.
On another note I am quite p....d that the locos get 190k (allthough no other choice) but we only get 170k!
Shows how much they really value us, not!

sunking
1st Sep 2008, 19:46
Thanks, Ironbutt

I'm trying to fiqure out any angles, so let me fire off a couple of Q's to you all in the sand.

1..Can you home school in Dubai and if you so, can you pocket the education allowance or does the company pay directly to the school?

2.. If one decides to rent a room instead of getting a villa or apt, do you get the full housing allowance or again does the company pay the landlord directly?

FYI I'm thinking about flydubai, so I would be interested how Emirates works the above 2 situations.

Thanks for any info.

dxbpilot
3rd Sep 2008, 20:59
Seems a bit strange to me that a F/O from Europe with 3000 hours TT and 2800 hours on the 737 will not meet the requirments for flydubai.

If one does have the 500 hours PIC, why not wait another year or so and then apply as a capt. ?

Any ideas anyone ? or is it just a yanky thing ?

buzz light
4th Sep 2008, 19:16
Do I understand this correctly ? Was looking at the package on their site and seems lke you get a housing allowance to rent your own pad in Dubai. Firstly as I understand there is not much available at present and secondly you need much bigger tom than that to rent a propper pad. Am I missing something here w.r.t. the deal they are offering ?

Buzz

TidaBisa
5th Sep 2008, 01:34
Nope--you are not missing anything. Thats the offer. Basically you will pay out of pocket for a decent place. Once someone actually interviews we should have more details regarding how or if they will help with the deposits that are required for housing.

TwinJock
5th Sep 2008, 12:51
The package looks good on paper! The housing is the BEEEG problem.

Once the applicants realize what the housing situation is in Dubai, FlyD will have major problems to recruit suitable drivers! Dhs16000 is not enough and, 1 year upfront is the spanner in the works.

EK is still the preferred employer.

TidaBisa
5th Sep 2008, 14:24
They will have to do some thing to help the folks who are hired. It seems like a reasonable request considering the high cost of moving. Oh and don't forget moving expenses which you will have to incur if you ship your stuff from the UK or the USA.

Any Ppruners been called as yet? Have my app in and waiting to hear. Very interested in knowing about their interview process as well as how they are handling the questions that will be asked (housing, schooling etc).

Also if they interview, when will they actually start classes for new hires?

TidaBisa
6th Sep 2008, 01:22
Just got a quote on shipping automobiles from North America to Dubai.
It will cost around $3000 for 1 car and around $4500 for 2. Plus there will be some other charges. It is worth it if you have a car(s) sitting around.
This will eliminate one expense when you get to the sandpit. All you have focus on then is the bloody housing market and the schools!

PilotPille
8th Sep 2008, 10:06
Good morning :)

how long did it take for you guys to get an invitation after applying?

cheers

sunking
9th Sep 2008, 12:29
I got a reply within a week. I sent a cv on 20AUG received an e-mail on 26Aug that had a application attached to it, sent the app back within 24 hours, then on 28Aug I received an e-mail stating that I have been shortlisted to interview on 30Sep. I'll let you all know what happens, as I get the info.

TidaBisa
9th Sep 2008, 13:05
I think they are only looking at TRI/TRE's or anyone with a training background. I think in the passing weeks, they will start shorlisting
others as well. With a planned fleet of 54 there should be room for many NG drivers.
Good Luck Sunking, keep us posted on your experience.
Seems like a good place to hang your hat if don't have anything else going on or are unhappy with your current contract. Sunking--Do you know anything about the interview process?

sunking
9th Sep 2008, 19:03
TidaBisa,
Sorry, I haven't a clue about the process, I can only guess it will be simular to Emirates since it sounds like they will run it until flydubai gets on its feet. I have just been told what to bring, who will meet us at the Airport, etc. I think the process I know about is posted on their website as far as it being two days. Day one is Orientation and Sim. At the end of the day they will tell you if you progress to day 2. If not sit back and enjoy Dubai for a day. If so I believe its a Phyc eval, and Medical. I'll update you with the scoop around the 3rd of October.
Have a great one, and thanks for the luck wishing.

2FLYEU
9th Sep 2008, 20:39
Good Luck mate ! We wish you all the best,

Please get us some feedback on your return especially for the housing issues.

Balls and thrust to the wall!

Lets's get them !!!!! :ok:

2fly

TidaBisa
10th Sep 2008, 02:42
I noticed that FlyDubai will be operating from the new airport in Jebel Ali (JXB). How does that play into where one would like to live in Dubai?
Would you live in a different part of Dubai for easy (I know optimistic!) access to JXB. I am guessing that EK will continue to operate from DXB?
For anyone who gets on with FlyDubai there will probably be a lot of day trips, so commute time to/from JXB will be an important factor to consider.
Hope FlyDubai pays for employee parking

sunking
20th Sep 2008, 14:18
Is anyone going to interview on the 30th of Sept?

TidaBisa
21st Sep 2008, 02:59
There should be a bunch going on Sept 24th,25th as well. That was the date I was given originally but could not accept. I am scheduled in October but have yet to receive a confirmed date. I was also told that if
successful, they would like applicants to begin training shortly after the new year.

Artisan
21st Sep 2008, 04:46
Hi sunking and TidaBisa,

What experience levels do you have?

(a) B737NG time?
(b) Instructor IRE/TRE time?
(c) Total jet time?

Thanks in advance.

TidaBisa
21st Sep 2008, 06:09
Posted on the other FlyDubai thread. As for me 12,000TT,mostly jet with 3000NG, Current Captain on the NG. Line Capt and not a TRI/TRE.

djms
21st Sep 2008, 08:01
anyone going for interview 26 oct?

Sweptt
21st Sep 2008, 16:26
:rolleyes:

Wow,

One only need to do a bit of research on rental properties in Dubai to say NO to FlyDubai, unless you're single. You may only be able to find a bacholar or a 1 bedroom aprt that's within their housing allowance. Otherwise might have to spend half of your salary on housing which will not make it worth while to go in the first place.

sunking
21st Sep 2008, 21:17
Artisan:

I have over 14,000 hours , 11,000 jet, 3,000 of that is jet pic, only 1200 of that is 737NG. I am a current NG Captain.
No experience of being tri/tre.

jumpdrive
22nd Sep 2008, 21:56
On Which Licence Youll Get To Fly Over There?
Local? Any , Or Your Own Country?
Thanks

Cyberbird
23rd Sep 2008, 00:00
I think the Contractors are also looking for suitable candidates,
as i got that E-mail today & fly Dubai will be the only B 737 NG operator in
the region Dubai/ Jebel Ali - have a look here ...:rolleyes:

New Job Vacancy

We have recently received a new job vacancy posting on Flightdeck Recruitment which may be of interest to you.

B737NG Captain - United Arab Emirates

FDR Job ID: 2988

Posted: September 22nd 2008

Age limit for applicants: 50

Type-rated pilots only may apply.

Minimum hours (on type): 2000
Minimum hours (total): 4000

Application Requirements:

4000 Hours P1 (PIC) Total
2000 Hours P1 (PIC) on Type
ICAO ATPL
Medical Class 1
Current on Type
English fluent
No criminal record
No accident record

Application Benefits:

* 5 year employment contract starting in November 2008

* Medical insurance coverage for Applicant and Family

* Relocation assistance/payment

* Transportation provided

* Special Fare travels

* High salary package + per diems

etc.

Application Procedure:

- Apply via Flightdeckrecruitment
- Position Ref.: B737-4411-UAE
- Join recruitment in Germany
- Get your approval in the same week
- Sign contract one week later

Information:

- travel to recruitment within Europe on recruiter
- Accommodation during recruitment on sole expense
- Interview and multitasking skills at recruitment
- NO INFORMATION ABOUT OPERATOR UNTIL DURING RECRUITMENT

Members of the Flightdeck Club can apply for this vacancy via the FlightdeckRecruitment.com web site. If you are not already a member and would like to join, please double-click your desktop shortcut (if created) or log in at Log In (http://www.flightdeckrecruitment.com/login.asp), then select the appropriate option on the 'Services' page.

For further information and to apply for this job, please log in as above, then perform a search for the Job ID in the listings for 'Cockpit Jobs' - "ID2988"

TidaBisa
23rd Sep 2008, 06:36
In most cases you will have your ICAO license validated by the host country and in some cases you will be issued the local license after completing the required training.

As as far the contract job listing, I wonder if the outfit is actually FlYDubai because the requirements listed are different than what FlYD is posting.
For example 2000 hrs in type, 4000 hrs PIC and the age 50 requirement are not FlYD requirements. Could there be another airline starting up?

fatbus
23rd Sep 2008, 07:01
As well Ref; Fly Dubai they are doing there own interviewing .
If a contractor is involved they are taking their cut, flydubai have their TC's on the web site.
Be very aware of housing cost and location , 16K gets you a 2 bed apt with no view, there is also hidden cost when renting, such as rent tax, I think its 1 % but not sure .

BigGeordie
23rd Sep 2008, 07:43
The 'Housing Fee' in Dubai (a tax on your rent) is 5% of the annual rent, paid monthly and added to your electricity and water bill. With rents at the levels they are now it can be quite a large amount every month.

TidaBisa
27th Sep 2008, 03:22
First batch to interview this coming week. Hopefully there should be some feedback. I would expect the interview process to be a shortened version of the Emirates interview, since EK staff is conducting most of it. So if you prepare for the EK interview you should feel fairly comfortable.

porkandbrew
27th Sep 2008, 07:17
Gents,
May I suggest that when you prepare for your interview you do it during the night. If you are offered a job you will be flying multi sector night flights in the region.
Do not bring your sunglasses!
The only nice flight will be a turn to Athens. Your cooperation with regards to extending your duty into Captains discretion is taken for granted, even from base.
Forget jump seats.

Enjoy!
Pork

sunking
3rd Oct 2008, 20:39
Ok guys, just got back this morning from Flydubai.

Here are some important things I'll spit out right away.
1. The 16000dhs per month for housing allowance is just that. The only change that is not on the website is that they are now giving you a 6 month allowance in advance.
2. The 24,000 USD bond is sticking, everyone has to pay it.
3. Insurance. 100 % coverage for yourself. 75% coverage for your dependants. Pre-existing conditions is not covered. They don't know about dental as yet.
4. There will probally be a shipping allowance but again they haven't ironed out the specifics.
5. There will probally be pass priviledges but they have no specifics.
6. First airplane to arrive 29 April 2009 . Delay that by the amount of days Boeing is on strike plus two weeks.
7. Sim Instructors will be from CAE, Line Checkairmen from flydubai.
8. No furniture allowance.
9. Will be operating out of DXB until Jebel Ali is finished. Parking will be provided at Jebel Ali but they were unsure about DXB.

We talked face to face with the COO. His main point was flydubai is not Emirates. They are not there to run a property rental business or airport shuttle. Its sounds as if he wants to run it like the Southwest atmosphere. Average day is about 7 hours, Regs let you fly 10. Average 80 hour month. HE wants to work you hard on your days so you can have a better quality of life. IF my math works out that means you'll fly 11 to 12 days a month. All out and backs for the most part. Of course thats after the airline is established , until they they'll need a little flexibility.

Now for the process.

Day 1
Meet with sim instructor for a quick brief. In the box you power up the buses and he will then start the engines and put you at the end of 12L. You then get ATC clearance, Brief the crew emergency procedures , radios , clearance, and complete the before take off checklist (This he refers to as the ABC's),,,,,the crew brief is whatever you do now at your current airline. Use your SOPs they don't give any. Normal take off in VMC on departure radar contact was lost and he told us to track the SHJ 140 outbound. He also asked us at what point we would cross over a fix. Something will happen to get you to turn back to the airport. For me it was a bomb threat for my sim partner it was a cargo fire. On ILS short final we did a GA and an engine failure at about gear up. Came back around for a single engine ILS landing to full stop. Thats it folks, don't sweat it.
Then over for the Advanced Compass testing. 24 math problems in 20 min. Simple addition, simple algebra, simple trig, actually only had one trig question. Find the hypotnuse of triangle if one side is 6 and the other is 8.
There was a coordination excersize with a joystick , rudders, and airspeed, fly the bars , keep it coordinated and on airspeed. There was a aviation test of 30 questions over regs and general aerodynamics. There was also a memorization segment where they would flash you alt, as, heading and radio instrumentation. 2 or 3 of them would have numbers assigned. After about 3 secs the instrumentation would go away. You would then have to recall the numbers and enter them. While at the same time in the upper 2 corners of the screen you would get a red alert and you had 3 sec to cancel the alert. you did this by using your number keys 1-9. The 2 alert panels were broken up into 9 segments. For instance if an alert was in the middle of the box you would push key number 5 to xcell. If it was in the northeast corner you would push the number 3 key to xcell. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete this.

Day 2

Psychometric Testing, don't study for this one boys, just record what you feel. ONe is a 187 question test taken manually. IE, "If you had a choice you would rather create an art project than build a house" YOU agree , sometimes agree or disagree. The second test is on the computer on how you think at the work place , about the same number of questions I think. IE "Sometimes I think I am superior to others" or "I try to please my boss" again its 3 choice yes , no or sometimes. YOU are instructed by the Psyc. to stay out of the middle as much as possible.

Then we met with The COO, refer to first part of my post.

Panel interview time, no technical questions so relax. The play book they are using is Checklist for Success by Cheryl Cage. Mine were:
1. Why do you want to work here?
2. How does your family feel about moving to Dxb?
3. What did you do to prepare for this interview?
4. Tell me a time you had to make a decision where you did'nt have the full picture.
5. Tell me a time where you had to make a stand and stuck to it when others tried to influence you in another direction.
6. Tell me a time when you had to say no.

Then back to the pshyc, to see if I needed a small , medium or large straight jacket. This actually was an extension to the interview. He told me what the test came up with and what weaknesses it indicated. Personally I think he gives the results to the panel before the interview because they both asked the same questions to me.

Finally over to medical for:
Urine analysis
weight and height
ekg
blood pressure
color vision, same cards you see every six months
near and far vision , reading sentences and the standard eye chart with differnt letters than we are used to.

Ear test in the booth
and finally a blood draw to just check for HIV and other diseases.

Thats it guys , they will get back to you in 4 weeks.

The experience was great, flew me to and fro on business class OMG! That was nice!!! Everyone involved were top notch, great people !

a mystery
4th Oct 2008, 04:04
Thanks for all the great info!!

TidaBisa
4th Oct 2008, 04:17
Thanks for the great gouge. I was scheduled to go this week. I emailed them and said NO THANKS! Until they offer a better package it just isn't worth it for me. I am not about to waste my time going there. What's wrong with these guys? Do the math. Base pay until you fly 80 hrs is around $6800. Your housing allowance won't cover the rent, you you will shell out another 1,000 for that. Then you have to sign a 1 year lease with upfront money of around AED 250,000. Fly D only gives you half the allowance which is around AED 96,000. So we have to come up with around 154,000 AED (42,000 USD) to get a decent place to live?!!! WTFO!:=:mad: Oh and then you want me bonded as well so I can't leave??? Or if I leave I owe you more money? Give me a break.

williewalsh
4th Oct 2008, 09:25
You guys are a tough room.
Edited for sobreity.
WW:ok:

Wizofoz
4th Oct 2008, 09:46
Editted because Willie sobered up!!

TidaBisa
4th Oct 2008, 10:14
Willie--Thanks for the love... dude. Who said anything about the USA or the world being the USA. I never did. Twinkies, Trailer Park, Alabama? Do I detect some hostility here? What brought that about? You don't even know me. I don't even live in the USA.

I was simply commenting on the terms & conditions offered by FlyDubai. If you think it's a good package then by all means apply, interview get hired and have a great life. I never compared it to anything with reference to the USA. As far as having a long wait and crying in their beer--I am well employed (not in the USA) as a B737NG Captain and was just looking at other possible jobs out there. I will say that my current package is much better than what fly Dubai is offering at present. I had thought that FlYD would have been a great opportunity and it was dissapointing to learn otherwise. Ok so you didn't like my choice of words WTFO & gouge. Either you don't know what they mean or you know exactly what they mean and you just got off the wrong side of the bed and decided to pick on someone.

bus787
4th Oct 2008, 10:50
They are not the same???

heheh even sim sortie is word by word the same.

cant they come up with something enw for the boeing???

sunking
5th Oct 2008, 04:07
The simulator was a CAE 737-800. The Auto throttles were used at all times, and the Auto pilot was engaged up untill the final vector for the ILS. Re-engaged after clean up altitude on the SE pocedure, and disengaged once more after final vector again for SE ILS.

Nevrekar
7th Oct 2008, 02:34
FlYDubai screening has been suspended for now. This is in part due to the Boeing strike which will impact deliveries of the aircraft to the airline.
There has been no mention as to when to expect screening dates again.
I would guess nothing will happen until after the new year.

2FLYEU
7th Oct 2008, 11:47
Dear nevrekar,

sorry about my curiosity but is it a reliable sourse where you got that info?
Thanks

Nevrekar
7th Oct 2008, 18:01
Email from FlyDubai. I was scheduled for a screening this week.

vegasflyboy
8th Oct 2008, 19:48
Anyone going to Dubai for interview on 15/16 October

bburks
9th Oct 2008, 01:59
Thanks for the info. Just got assigned an interview date for Oct. 20-21. I have some of the same concerns as you on the "package". did they seem at all flexible on the housing allowance or the bond?

Cheers!

SOPS
9th Oct 2008, 05:14
so to be clear..they are still interviewing?

Nevrekar
9th Oct 2008, 05:49
My interview was for the 15th,16th of October and that has been postponed until further notice per the email I received from FlyDubai HR department. From what has been posted by the guys who have interviewed, FlyDubai is firm on the housing allowance and the training bond. They are offering 6 months advance on the rental. At present many who have gone apparently are not interested in accepting the offer mainly because of the housing. Some guys have actually not even shown up for the interview. One guy had even notified them that he was not interested anymore after he heard from the first batch of applicants. Hopefully the feedback just might make FlyDubai rethink the terms and conditions. If I get a new interview date I will post that information.

Anyone still going for screening this month?

Willie Everlearn
10th Oct 2008, 01:17
Training bond???? :confused:

In the present economic environment is there a single pilot out there willing to sign or commit to a training bond? I mean, in the land of the false economy is there a single financial commitment one could sensibly make?????

The more I read about Flydubai, it seems the more one should ask Whydubai?

:confused:

fatbus
10th Oct 2008, 10:40
If you are waiting for FlyDubai to increase the housing you will be waiting a long time.
FD is a LCC and the housing allow will cover low cost housing (2 / 3bed apt), thats it . You will have to deal with if you come.
The boeing strike is a small delay in the long term plan. I think the first couple of planes are leased and not coming from Boeing. 738 and the FD order is for 739's
Bond, Noone likes the bond thing but every airline in this area has bonds, 3 years goes by fast. It covers training cost if you jump ship

TidaBisa
10th Oct 2008, 11:43
1.Training costs for a fully current and qualified NG Captain with several thousand hours on type should not equal $24,000. I can understand having one for a new-hire with no experience on the aircraft being flown.
Bond if any should be a decreasing bond, reducing with longetivity with the company.:=

2. Low cost housing-- The average Captain applicant is probably a guy with a wife and 2.5 kids. So a 3 bedroom is a basic minimum. Try any of the websites in Dubai for real-estate. You won't find anything for 192,000 AED. Perhaps another website somewhere for the "Hood" in Dubai. :{

3. Someone please tell me where a furloughed out of work pilot coming to Dubai is going to get $30,000-60,000 to pay for the housing costs needed to be paid upfront along with deposits for the schools etc. FlYD apparently is only paying the 6month advance.

4. In defense of FlyD, their offer is just that--their offer. It's up to the individual to decide if they can handle it. 3 years does go fast, but it can be also go very slow if you find yourself (or your wife) in an unhappy position with no out in sight for 36 months.

5. My guess is that guys who have no other better offers or jobs will take it as will applicants from countries who are ok with the concept of low cost housing.

gehenna
10th Oct 2008, 16:19
Folks

I am in Dubai, and rent an apartment. Not all landlords require the full 12 months rent in one payment - mine requires 2 cheques at the beginning of the year, one payable January 1 and the other July 1.

Also, be aware that as expats you pay 5% of your rent as a 'housing fee' = tax.

Good luck!

Q4NVS
11th Oct 2008, 09:56
Hypothetically speaking, what/where accommodation would you get for 32000 AED per month (not the 16000 AED as advertised)?

:zzz:

sanddude
11th Oct 2008, 10:52
That would be a studio in International City. However it will be on the sewage plant side instead of the emirates road site:eek:.

The package is an single guys only package, don,t come complaining on pprune afterwards please.:ugh:

bravosierra
15th Oct 2008, 22:07
I guess you misunderstood something sanddude..

für 32k a MONTH (that equals 384,000 a year) you will probably get something better than a studio in International City ;)

sispanys ria
16th Oct 2008, 06:03
Some of you guys seems to forget what the housing allowance is for. Salaries in Dubai are slitted in basic salary and allowances. The basic salary is the end of contract compensation reference as all other allowances are not taken into account. Employers will generally add as much allowances as they can in order to reduce the basic share. Allowances are generally not paid during paid leaves, except the housing (basic + housing). As a result the housing allowance is not restrictive and it doesn't mean it has to be used for housing. It's just a name for this share of package. You basically have to consider the whole package and how much you would be ready to use for housing.

sunking
30th Oct 2008, 00:10
Its been almost 4 weeks since the interview, I've not heard a word.

Exiled Aviator
30th Oct 2008, 04:31
If you are that keen on Dubai surely Emirates would be a much better option.

Farty Flaps
30th Oct 2008, 05:43
Sanddude has hit the nail on the head. Flydubai is a pretty good gig for a single guy.
Married forget it with Dubai prices.

TidaBisa
30th Oct 2008, 05:45
EK is a better option as far as their terms and conditions. You will be in the right seat for probably 5-6 years. If you are young enough then it is the best option. FlYDubai is a start-up and so is taking current/qualified DECS on the B737NG. The two big negatives working for Fly D are:

1. Inadequate Housing allowance.

2. Training bond of USD $24,000 & 3 years.

Interviews have been terminated until further notice.

sunking
3rd Nov 2008, 01:25
Now with the Boeing Strike over, there should be alot more activity.
I was just contacted to do an Eye and Chest exam in home country. I hope that is normal, I think the GCAA eye exam is anyway.

vector3
7th Nov 2008, 11:16
It must been almost 6 weeks ago since the first group was on screening.Anybody heard anything?

taita
8th Nov 2008, 18:14
hi , They call me on cell for an interwiew on monday, they said they will call me for the end of november.
Any info 'bout tech interwiew and so on ?
thanks

MuddyBoots
9th Nov 2008, 04:30
Taita

Go back a couple of pages in the thread. There is a very detailed account of what to expect from the interview. I can confirm it is spot on. It was a very friendly and professional selection process.

Enjoy the trip.

Cheers

Muddy

taita
9th Nov 2008, 11:42
gotcha thanks you buddy:ok:

Leboeuf
9th Nov 2008, 22:36
how long did you wait before getting the invitation ?

long-gonner
9th Dec 2008, 04:36
Hi all. Any updates with flydubai lately? Perhaps new compensation package, or even just more interviews scheduled? Any information is appreciated!

Old King Coal
9th Dec 2008, 07:07
I heard that those attending the assessments in mid / late November '09 were the final batch (of the initial tranche) of interviewees... and that it was shortly after these folks had been through the mill that FlyDubai made provisional offers to those whom had passed.

Now quite whether those from that initial tranche, i.e. who've been made offers, will actually accept and / or choose to turn-up in Dubai, when the call-up is made (any time between Feb'09 and Dec'09), is anybody's guess?

One would imagine that any shortfall in the level of take-up might then prompt further recruitment.

That said, the world is seemingly awash with pilots at the moment and there's a lot a very capable lads & lasses out there on the market... so airlines do have an unusually well stocked pool in which to fish.

We're living in interesting times! :ok:

in FACT is
12th Dec 2008, 04:52
Finally you get fat up with India, and like to joint FlyDubai, so how about your S...P Jet and the Chief Pilot I think he leave also to joint WY:\ I told you no one can live more than 2 year in incredible .......

2FLYEU
12th Dec 2008, 07:50
When did you apply to FLYDUBAI? just curious to know how long they took to reply to possible F/o's candidates.

Thanks

robson767300
12th Dec 2008, 08:04
I had a screening for a Capt and I passed.I am just waiting...Lets see...

Nevrekar
12th Dec 2008, 11:45
In fact is--- Thanks for your concern. I am still at Spicejet and exploring options does not necessarily indicate I am fed up with India or Spicejet. Our Chief Pilot, Jack Ekl is now the VP of Flight Ops. My friend, people make decisions that are suitable for their current circumstances. If I were to leave Spicejet, it would not be because of being fed up. It would be mainly for better stability and long term employment due to the current economic situation in India and elsewhere as it relates to the airlines. Spicejet continues to be a good place to work. The main concern is the long term viability of the airline. I don't have all the answers but it does appear that the airline is better prepared to weather the current storm.

atpcliff
12th Dec 2008, 16:19
Hi!

Manillaorbust: Hopefully, you will be "saved" by Delta and won't get furloughed, when the merger is announced.

I actually don't know anything, but there are some guys on other boards who seem to think it's a done deal.

cliff
KGRB

2FLYEU
17th Dec 2008, 07:56
Manilla, thanks for your reply.

Good luck !

2flyeu

Leboeuf
17th Dec 2008, 12:31
Are they inviting just Boeing pilots at the moment ?

vector3
19th Dec 2008, 10:43
For the moment they have (as far as i know) only being recruiting DEC from the boeing.But think it's different regarding F/O's.Think they want experienced F/O's(2500hrs +) but from various background.Should be good chances for upgrade because of the planned expansion.Heard they have set a start-up date to 9th June.

flymanuel
20th Dec 2008, 07:45
My schedule assesment is set for 5th&6th january...

vector3
21st Dec 2008, 10:05
Flynanuel.
Are you cpt or f/o? Background?

Gulfstreamaviator
21st Dec 2008, 11:39
What is the inside poop on the future of the new operator.

Can Dubai actually support the new operation.

glf

flymanuel
26th Dec 2008, 00:04
Alitalia Airlines F/O on MD80,3300 total time.
:rolleyes:

Iver
27th Dec 2008, 03:00
flymanuel,

Very good luck to you. It is good to know that 737 type and experience may not be an absolute requirement to get interviewed - although it probably helps a lot.

old9
27th Dec 2008, 14:22
:hmm:Hi guys,

I visited FlyDubai website, and I didn't see that they are they accepting resume? anyinfo? Thanks

buzzflyer
29th Dec 2008, 14:22
Flydubai`s AOC application has been submitted to the GCAA just before Christmas , so it looks likely to go ahead , and speaking as an XXL guy sitting in the holding pool , I hope it does !

fly2AK
6th Jan 2009, 03:18
I have an interview coming up with fly Dubai and was curious if anyone has any info about the interview or company as a whole. Also, what can I expect for living cost in Dubai if it is just myself? How hard is it to find roommates? Thanks

fourgolds
6th Jan 2009, 04:04
There is a law here that no Bachelors are allowed to live together. Also no single man and woman. People still do , however it is illegal. If caught you could face jail followed by deportation and off course face a criminal record to your name.

Chechout www.dubizzle.com (http://www.dubizzle.com) to get an idea of rentals.

Good luck.

BigGeordie
6th Jan 2009, 04:51
Fourgolds is right, if a little dramatic. Mixed sex sharing is illegal but I have never heard of anybody getting thrown in jail or deported for it- and I'm pretty sure it would make 7-Days (the local free paper). The authorities will turn a blind eye unless the situation is brought to their attention and then they can't ignore it any more. It does raise some interesting questions about visas and sponsorship though.

Same sex sharing is only illegal for villas- apartments can (for now) still be shared. Also, it is unlikely (although not impossible) that the authorities will be interested in (say) two or three expats sharing a 3 bedroom property- your landlord might not be too keen though. The rule was always there and has recently been more strictly enforced when it became apparent that villas with (literally) a hundred sub-continent labourers living in them were a fire and health hazard.

Basically the whole property rental situation is either a nightmare (sharing) or very expensive (living on your own). Or, sometimes, both.

fly2AK
6th Jan 2009, 07:00
Thanks for the info. About how much is an average apartment? do most of the expats live generally in the same area? This is all pretty new to me on expat lifestyle and Dubai for that matter. My family will not be joining me in Dubai but will be making frequent visits as will I during my vacations back to the US. Them not joining me is the reason I would like to keep the cost down, since I will be paying for two places to live. Thanks again

SOPS
6th Jan 2009, 08:17
are you aware that you will get no travel rights with FD? All your trips home will be at normal fares. And also, if you are new at the expat thing, have a long hard think before you come....this is NOT the USA and you wont be able to change it:)

Big Buddha
6th Jan 2009, 09:10
Is fly Dubai still going to happen then?

Iver
6th Jan 2009, 13:15
How about people just answer the original questions instead of blathering on and on?

fly2AK
6th Jan 2009, 17:50
SOPS - thanks for you concern on travel, as a furloughed United guy I retain my United travel benefits. Since United has a direct flight from Dubai to Washington Dulles, I am covered for travel. I have been around the block a time or two and do understand that Dubai is not the USA and have no intentions to try and change it, rather I would like to understand it and respect their customs and way of life. I appreciate your concern but I just want to get an idea what it is I am getting into financially with Dubai and also learn about the safety of the city itself, if anyone has input on that I'm all ears. Thank you

captzaahlie
6th Jan 2009, 20:16
Fly2,
I think you are on the right track. Some of the other places in the world (from the research and networking I've done) are much less friendly to outsiders. Africa and a few others have you live in guarded compounds for crying out loud! How much fun would that be on a day off? It would be nice if people could just answer your questions instead of trying to talk you out of it. Fly Dubai is one of my first choices. I plan on having a beer with you over there if I get the chance! Good luck with the interview man. :ok:
Z.

Old King Coal
6th Jan 2009, 21:02
fly2AK you wrote "as a furloughed United guy I retain my United travel benefits".

I thought that FlyDubai weren't taking-on folks whom are furloughed (what with the bond of $24,000 over 3 years), i.e. only recruiting those whom are fully free of all previous employment encumbrances (and that they require some sort documentary proof of you being unencumbered from your previous employer)?

fly2AK
7th Jan 2009, 01:51
Coal - I don't know what to say as far as the furlough bit, they contacted me for the interview and I have my ticket in hand from them for the interview. They do have the $24,000/36 month bond, doesn't mean that if I am recalled I have to go running back. Our furlough agreement allows us to bypas recall for up to 10 years from the date of our recall. I guess I will find out when I get there.

Z - The first beer is on me!:ok: Good luck!

fatbus
7th Jan 2009, 04:14
The furoughed thing applied to EK. Dubai has its moments, the beaches were nice before the sh!t dumping and its still going on with nothing being done about it.With the package at Fly Dubai the big concerns are housing , education and maybe airport parking.If you look at the latest at EY(housing) tits an apt until they get more villas online which here means apt and nothing else. Fly Dubai is based on a 2/3 bed apt in an ok area, dont expect the beach areas.

Old King Coal
7th Jan 2009, 08:15
Fly2AK & fatbus... thanks for explaining the furlough thing, wherein we don't have that facility where I'm from.... and can I have a beer too? :ok:

fly2AK
7th Jan 2009, 16:31
Coal - Sure I will buy you a beer too!:ok:

4931tom
7th Jan 2009, 19:01
How long did it take for them to contact you for an interview. I submitted my CV just before Christmas. Thanks guys.

buzzflyer
8th Jan 2009, 08:31
FlyDubai launch date 'not affected' by delivery delays - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=542915)

farooqjaw
9th Jan 2009, 21:43
SOPS, where did you get your INACCURATE info??? worst case, ID90s on emirates.

Iver
10th Jan 2009, 02:23
Will FlyDubai initially operate from the current Dubai airport or from the new airport being developed (the mega-airport with six parallel runways)? I presume the original airport will be used for awhile - right? I don't know much about the progress of the new airport.

Also, are the current applicants being considered for Captain positions or FO positions (with a potential fast upgrade)?

fatbus
10th Jan 2009, 03:29
More DEC's as required, they will need every FO they can get and keep them in the seat as long as poss.
I would check/confirm the staff travel, have not heard anything about ID90 on EK.
The latest on what airport is JXB , but I would think it being Jan you might hear somr update s on all that soon.

Good luck

captplaystation
14th Jan 2009, 11:48
This weeks Flight International (13-19Jan P11) reports
"Boeing looks set to introduce a modest upgrade to it's 737 family , with a new cabin design developed from the 787 reportedly making it's debut on the first of FlyDubai's aircraft towards the end of 2009."
So ,does this mean that the aircraft will be delivered in old spec and taken out of service to be upgraded ? OR , that the first aircraft delivered will be someone else's discarded orders - not to FD's chosen spec -and subsequently replaced ? OR that this venture won't now be happening as soon as originally planned ?
The 4th possibility is that Flight is talking horlocks, but I wouldn't be turning down any other job offers if they were proposed on the strength of this starting immediately. I just don't think the timing is right in Dubai, and I think the owners privately have acknowledged this whilst maintaining a brave face in their public stance.

fatbus
14th Jan 2009, 12:36
leased 738 's at first replaced buy the 739's they ordered

captplaystation
14th Jan 2009, 15:47
Ah OK, that explains it.

Awl flyer
14th Jan 2009, 21:59
Hey Tom, hello
I did the same staff just after the Christmas … no confirmation from the system that CV got over there, as I expected, no reply yet from the Company. Will share info, if any.

fly2AK
15th Jan 2009, 01:34
Hello everyone....Just got back from Fly Dubai and I will tell you that it was a great experience. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, the interview was very much in line with what I heard about for EK just a bit shorter. The airport they plan to use for the next few years will be DXB and yes they are working on ID90's, 95's, 75's with Emirates and others. Upgrade will be pretty fast for F/O's.

4931tom - They contacted me fairly quick, about 3 weeks I believe and there were only 4 guys each day they interviewed. So it's not the Southwest style of selection where they interview 200 for 15 positions. Good luck.

Iver
15th Jan 2009, 01:50
fly2AK,

What were your impressions of Dubai? What was the word about accomodations for FlyDubai pilots? What is the estimated start date for FlyDubai - mid-2009?

Good luck!

fly2AK
15th Jan 2009, 03:16
Iver - I was pleasantly surprised with Dubai and had a great time. Everyone was friendly, it was very clean there, felt very safe. They said the housing allowance is expected to cover a comfortable 2/3 bed apartment and they will give a 6 month advance if you want it. They expect a start time for late summer early fall. Hope that helps.

tommy4931
15th Jan 2009, 04:47
Thanks...I'll keep you posted also.

allatp
18th Jan 2009, 17:42
Fly2AK, Hello!
Would you be so kind and answer the following, please:

- Does FD encourage candidates to bring their wives along for the intervew?

- How long did it take the whole journey?. From the day you left for Dubai until you got back home?

- Is it possible for you to expand the information on the whole interview process, please? For example, kind of questions asked, technical questions, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Cheers

AA

fly2AK
18th Jan 2009, 18:59
Hello AA,
My whole trip was scheduled for 5 days, primarily because the airport I flew out of didn't have daily flights. I would expect at least 4 days, 2 days being the interview. Day one was a welcome brief followed by the advanced compass test. This test had a memorization test, math test, aeronautical test, task management test, an instrument interpretation test with RBI, Attitude and compass indicators and a hand/eye coordination test utilizing a joystick and rudder pedals. The aeronautical test asked questions pertaining to runway lights and taxi lights, fuel efficiency/cost index. No worries about the interview not really technical more tell me a time type of interview. Then you will have lunch at the sim facility where you will do a sim ride in a 737-800, 2 approaches no FD, AT or AP. If you make it,Day 2 is HR brief, psychometric testing, panel interview (tell me your stories) Psychologist debrief (how crazy are you) then an in depth physical. As far as spouses they really didn't encourage bringing your spouse, but they were more than happy to offer someone your spouse could speak with to answer questions. If you paid for your spouse to come out I don't think it would be a problem. Fly Dubai just isn't going to pay for them to come out until you are offered the job. Good luck.

Fly

S.F.L.Y
18th Jan 2009, 20:03
I was told by CAE Dubai that the recruitment process was over and that they only recruited type rated pilots. Nice bs.

fly2AK
18th Jan 2009, 20:16
Well I am type rated. I believe Fly Dubai is only interviewing one more month this year, not sure on that though. You can try to verify with others. There was 4 guys each day they interviewed and I know of at least 3 groups of guys. Not everyone was type rated and I can only speculate on their experience.

allatp
20th Jan 2009, 04:51
Fly2AK,

Thanks a lot for all the info!!!!!!!
It has been very helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AA

skysod
22nd Jan 2009, 16:07
FWIW, I recently returned from interview for F/O with FD, and as has been stated already, 4 candidates per day, and only one out of my group had a type rating.

S.F.L.Y
22nd Jan 2009, 17:21
Thank you for this post even if it's not very pleasant while I was told by CAE (who are actually doing the recruitment) that recruitment was over and only concerned type rated guys. Something must be wrong with my profile.

spanishfly69
22nd Jan 2009, 20:42
CAE is not doing the recruitment. You better check your sources

fly2AK
23rd Jan 2009, 00:11
Emirates is doing the recruitment with some Fly Dubai people. All the people I dealt with were Emirates except one FD person and he was ex emirates. No CAE involved with recruitment.

fatbus
23rd Jan 2009, 03:09
other way around FD recruiting done by EK people and I think the EK guy to refer to is still EK but was offered a place in FD.

Unfortunately stand by for FD delay

S.F.L.Y
23rd Jan 2009, 04:25
Ok my sources might be wrong but doesn't the interview include a 737 sim ride?
As far as I know only CAE has two of them... If they are not involved I just wonder why I got these information from them.

Anyway is there a way to get in touch with recruitment people other than through the website where I submitted my details without getting any feedback but the automatic receipt?

Thanks for the help.

spanishfly69
23rd Jan 2009, 05:25
SFLY, You are Right. The 73 Sim is done in CAE. I really do not know other way to get in touch with the HR people. They like to take their time.

FATBUS: what dou you mean "unfortunately stby for FD"?

fly2AK
23rd Jan 2009, 05:39
The sim is managed and maintained by CAE but the sim ride is conducted by EK people no CAE instructors. It is a 737-800 sim. If you really want to track down FD HR people, you might want to go through EK Hr. I hope that helps, good luck.

DeweyCheatemAndHowe
23rd Jan 2009, 06:45
@skybus 69 FATBUS: what dou you mean "unfortunately stby for FD"?

I think he means watch for delays in startup.

S.F.L.Y
23rd Jan 2009, 06:56
Thanks for the post Fly2AK.
I'll try to find my way through EK HR department to get some info on FD and check the status of my application but I would of course appreciate any direction helping me to reach the right person.

Thanks for the help.

Yani Yani
1st Feb 2009, 05:24
So opening of the DWC airport dealyed, how this affecting FlyDubai's plans I wonder...?

http://www.business24-7.ae/articles/2009/2/pages/02012009_42495366f151480d9a5a53f5c553d933.aspx

tommy4931
2nd Feb 2009, 00:08
Well, stilll no contact.....Matbe I should resubmit...or are they even looking again?

11,500 ttl
2,700 B737 pic

Should be in the window I would have thought.

fatbus
2nd Feb 2009, 08:19
It would not hurt to update your appl, but I think they have hired 30+ Capts and this interviewing maybe for FO's.

fly2AK
3rd Feb 2009, 03:33
Not sure when they plan to do their next interviews. As far as DWC airport, I know they plan to operate out of DXB for the next few years, so there is no expected delay that I know of at this time or that they have lead us to believe. I am not sure if they are doing like EK as far as interviews,but if they are, then interviews aren't taking place every month rather only a couple times a year and I believe that FD is following the EK interview model. Don't know if that helps.

Instant Hooligan
3rd Feb 2009, 08:50
My understanding was that the FlyDubai operation was to be from the New Al Maktoum Airport not DXB. Is this correct?

fly2AK
4th Feb 2009, 00:08
During my interview I was told that the initial plans are to operate out of DXB for roughly the next 5 years and FD will be investing a healthy amount of money into their terminal at DXB as well as a HQ there at DXB.

Yarra
4th Feb 2009, 00:31
Fly Dubai will operate from Terminal 2 on the North side of the airport

fly2AK
4th Feb 2009, 07:15
Yarra is correct

Awl flyer
4th Feb 2009, 12:03
one month passed over, no contact, folks...
I belive the prosses is over for this year and gonna fall in a STBY mode...
If some one have any info on hiring prosses in a future I appreciate if you can share.
Good lack on a start up guys.:D
AF

cargowannabe
5th Feb 2009, 19:57
Heck Tommy I am 46 years old and have

16,450 ttl
12,850 B-737
9,350 PIC B-737
1,750 PIC NG

and no reply either I feel your pain brother!!!!

Cargo

4931tom
5th Feb 2009, 20:36
Hey Cargo!!! They just must be taking time to fall back and regroup. Something will change I'm sure. I think everybody is hit with the recession.

fly2AK
6th Feb 2009, 04:16
Tommy and Cargo...Not sure why you guys haven't been called for an interview. Both of you have plenty of time, but I am not sure how they score their resumes. I wish you the best of luck.

On another note I was just curious if anyone else got an email to proceed with their final two medical exams?

Nevrekar
6th Feb 2009, 04:27
I had an interview scheduled with FlyDubai back in October, 2008. It was canceled just a few days prior, citing the Boeing strike and the staggered delivery of the aircraft. Since then, I never heard back. When I queried them, they said they would contact me when the interviews were to resume.
I have around 12,000 TT with 2600 PIC NG plus 1000 plus on the B737-200.

fly2AK
6th Feb 2009, 04:58
What position were you interviewing for, captain? If so that might be the reason why they haven't called you back, the January interviews as far as I know were FO's. It's just my guess, for what its worth. I have 10,000 ttl typed in the 737 with 4 additional types, but my 737 time is under 1000 hrs. I do have 5000 PIC Jet/Turbine. Obviously I interviewed for an FO position. Good luck to you and everyone else.

NGFellow
6th Feb 2009, 09:41
I applied and was being considered for a Capt slot.

maples
6th Feb 2009, 16:00
Hi there
I was sent a request for the 2 additional med examinations yesterday.

fly2AK
6th Feb 2009, 17:19
Hi Maples I wanted to ask you something but I will send you a PM

Awl flyer
6th Feb 2009, 19:54
Could you shed the light pls if you're still in India now, how it’s going with hiring in India today? I can’t get any info from a recruiting agency during month after they informed me that they were sending my file to AICL, and they gone after. Just curious, do I still have any chance to try with others or it’s just not a good time for the job hunting. waiting for PM :rolleyes: thnks
Safe LDGS …
AF
………
Sorry guys for off - thread jogging

Spinner69
11th Feb 2009, 01:45
I have done several searches on pprune/google etc and cant seem to find too much info except for flight attendants, and FlyDubais basic info on their website. Was wondering if anybody has been offered an interview for a pilot position? Anybody know the T & C on this start up company? Anybody have a contact email or address or number for flight ops management? Any help appreciated!!!

fly2AK
11th Feb 2009, 03:54
Fly Dubai has hired captains already and conducted first officer interviews in January 09, I am not sure if they are conducting more interviews this year. They will start ops around May. The package includes 42 days vacation, $43,000 Dirhams per month (11,700) for FO and 57,000 dirhams for captains per month (15,500) That includes basic pay, flight pay, housing, and transportation. I can't provide any contact emails (sorry) , all I can say is to keep an eye on their website and they will provide a link or address in which to apply to. I hope this helps a little bit. From what I saw while at the interview, it appears to be a great gig. Good luck.

Fly

billhardy101
11th Feb 2009, 05:23
Anyone who interviewed successfully got a class date yet?

Spinner69
11th Feb 2009, 18:45
FlyA2k. Legend. Thanks for your help buddy! Sounds like a sweet gig. Did you get offered a job? Did you take them up on it?

Wiley
11th Feb 2009, 19:14
Sounds like a sweet gig.You quite obviously have no idea of what accommodation costs in Dubai, even in the current depressed situation.

quidditch ace
12th Feb 2009, 05:19
Forget Dubai property. Try Al Hamrah village in RAK the new Sharjah bypass E611 is open only 50 mins in rush hour to DXB and nice town house on golf course and beach I am going to be paying 12500 rent a month and start shortly with FlyDubai.

Spinner69
12th Feb 2009, 09:06
Wiley, thanks for your help....

Quidditch ace, congrats on the new job. Have you got a contact email for pilot applications at FlyDubai, or possibly a phone number? You can PM me if you would rather.

oscarlimatango
12th Feb 2009, 09:27
any thing for the ops wannabeeees?

hey i had to ask, afterall we are the cooks of the kitchen!

surfer of desert
12th Feb 2009, 13:07
Flydubai to start India services
Dubai: 5 hours and 38 minutes ago http://www.tradearabia.com/showrooms/images/icon2.gifhttp://www.tradearabia.com/news/images/spacer.gif http://www.tradearabia.com/source/2009/02/12/flydubai.gif Budget airline Flydubai, will begin flying to five Indian destinations - Pune, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jaipur and Goa - in the second quarter of this year, a media report said.
The flights, however, will depend on the availability of aircraft, as the airline has not received any of its aircraft so far, Dubai's Business 24/7 newspaper said.
'No aircraft has arrived yet but we are on schedule to launch the airline,' chief executive Ghaith al Ghaith told the newspaper, adding, 'We will soon be making an announcement about the airline's launch. All I can say for now is it is on track.'
The budget carrier, assisted in its initial stages by Emirates, has 54 Boeing 737-800s on order, worth $4 billion. It ordered 50 planes from Boeing and four from leasing company - Babcock and Brown - during the Farnborough International Airshow in July last year. Boeing's 58-day strike, which ended in October last year, has raised doubts over delivery delays for Flydubai.
The airline said in November that it was in talks with Boeing to understand the breadth of the delay.
With an aim of serving destinations within four hours of flying distance from Dubai, such as India, Pakistan, Eastern Europe and parts of Africa, flydubai plans to serve about 70 destinations by 2014.

quidditch ace
12th Feb 2009, 17:06
I applied through Emirates who do the interview. I think they have enough people now and may have stopped interviewing, not sure.

Sabeji
15th Feb 2009, 04:08
I have been told that the way the economy is going in Dubai everything has now been put on ice for FlyDubai...:eek:

babemagnet
21st Feb 2009, 23:23
The Chief Pilot of Ryanair was spotted in Dubai!

jmnobody
23rd Feb 2009, 10:07
Hi All,

First time posting on the forum but have been reading and getting lots of great info here.
I got an offer from Flydubai recently after being told my interview went successfully a few months back; however, there is no set class date...it is said to be somewhere between March and April or possible June or even end of the year on seperate occasions. And the so-called contract reads extremely vague.

I probably should feel happy about the offer, however, the vague contract and the unknown makes me wonder...

Anyone out there in the same boat like me?

Che Guevara
23rd Feb 2009, 10:57
I guess it all depends if Abu Dhabi want to finance it I suppose...

Good luck

captzaahlie
23rd Feb 2009, 14:23
Congrats, run with that offer JM!:ok:

flymanuel
24th Feb 2009, 13:12
Hi JM,I'm waiting for a response after my interview with FD done on january ...when did You?are You a Cpt or FO?
Tks!

skysod
25th Feb 2009, 09:50
I too am awaiting (good) news I hope!
Think there could be quite a few of us with our fingers crossed just at the moment!
Let's just hope that this whole thing doesn't become yet another casualty of the world economic mess we're all in!

Good luck to all!

skysod.

jackdaniels
25th Feb 2009, 12:11
Hi guys...
I've been reading this thread for quite some time now, is anyone aware of a possible flight dispatcher position within the company?? I applied last january and right after they called me asking for some working credentials (certifications, dispatch license ecc...) , and I was told that they will call me for a phone interview followed by an assesment day in dubai. but as of now I am still waiting for the fatidic "PHONE CALL" :ugh:

hoover1
28th Feb 2009, 16:58
i sent them my cv in november and just recieved an email asking to fill out the application for FO. sent that in and no word but it has been less than a week. maybe they are looking at hiring again. who knows.

long-gonner
7th Mar 2009, 14:29
Looks like the congratulations letters are going out if you have been selected from the early January interviews for first officer. :DCongratulations:D to all that were selected, look forward to working with you in Dubai!

flymanuel
7th Mar 2009, 22:04
I'm playing this game men...congrats to everybody!:D
see You soon in Dubai!:)

fly2AK
9th Mar 2009, 01:24
long-gonner......I will see you in Dubai, congrats to everyone that made it and good luck to those still trying.

Fly

long-gonner
9th Mar 2009, 03:40
You can count on it fly2AK! 1st round is on me, but we have to go to that Russian bar again, lol.......

fly2AK
9th Mar 2009, 04:08
Yeah man lets do it!! was I already there with you in January? Sorry I don't recognize your screen name....Fly

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 11:36
I'm glad for you guys while disappointed as I didn't receive any feedback since I've sent my application. Do you have any particular contact which I could use to get updated on my situation ?
Thanks for the assistance.

long-gonner
9th Mar 2009, 14:34
Hi SFLY,

As far as I know they are not hiring any more FO's at this time. As frustrating as it is, just keep checking the website jobs page until it is updated. And try to remember that the airline doesn't have its first plane yet, and will only have 6 total by the end of the year. If I hear any news about hiring I'll put it here for you.

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 16:07
Thank you long-gonner.

maples
9th Mar 2009, 20:55
Congratulations to all the winners, I am really excited about this whole new project to take off, I was really missing that tandoori chicken and kingfisher beer.

Maples

boyflyer7
9th Mar 2009, 22:10
Hi guys
I know the mins, but coriuos what time do i need to get interview as an FO
THanks

babemagnet
10th Mar 2009, 00:09
is it true that +- 50 Ryanair pilots will go there? Including the Ryanair Chief pilot who was spotted there?

fly2AK
10th Mar 2009, 01:21
Cant really say but out of the 3 days worth of interviewees, I didn't meet any Ryan guys. As far as mins or the background of those interviewing the lowest time guy had 6000 hours

flymanuel
14th Mar 2009, 22:00
Hi babemagnet,there's no RYR guys on my group either,nor in the preceeding/following...maybe Your word was a fake?...

babemagnet
15th Mar 2009, 11:22
Ok thanks that rumour was going around under Ryanair pilots must be not true then. ciao

Guinness Girl
15th Mar 2009, 22:26
I have been invited to interview with FD next month and was wondering if anyone had any details to share regarding the sim ride/profile. I appreciate the detailed account of the interview that Sunking posted after his experience. His sim ride differed a bit from one that a friend of mine had and I would just like to get as many perspectives as possible before the event. I'll gladly post an account of my experience when I return. Thank you in advance.

FMC OVERHEAT
15th Mar 2009, 23:15
GG you have a pm...

Capt Hill
16th Mar 2009, 00:50
Guiness Girl are you talking the interview at the end of March? I, like you, appreciate what I have already read. If someone has any info on the FO process that they would like to share I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance!

Guinness Girl
16th Mar 2009, 04:33
Capt Hill,

I was invited to attend in April but do not have a date confirmed yet. I take it you are going out later this month? If so good luck to you.

fly2AK
16th Mar 2009, 16:24
For those waiting on class dates. I just got my invite for class starting on May 31st, has anyone been invited to the same class? If so I will see you there. Feel free to send my a PM. Congrats to all and good luck to all others.

Fly

dxbpilot
16th Mar 2009, 21:04
They have taken around 30 Ryanair Captains at this stage.

No F/O interviews yet !

However I think the information regarding the RYR chief pilot is not true.

The ex XL chief pilot has completed an interview however, I am not sure of the outcome of this.

Touch'n'oops
16th Mar 2009, 23:48
Met a Ryanair TRE/TRI guy on a flight back from DBX and he's just taken the job.

Spatelesq
18th Mar 2009, 13:32
I have just read on arabianbusiness.com that all the required pilots and cabin crew have now been recruited for Flydubai...

flydubai appoints pilots, cabin crew - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/549994-flydubai-appoints-pilots-cabin-crew)

the article begins...

flydubai, Dubai's first low cost airline which is due to launch in mid-2009, has recruited all its pilots and crew in preparation for the airline's launch, company chiefs announced on Wednesday.

The airline received more than 11,500 applications from flight and cabin crew, it said. Out of more than 8,000 candidates for pilots alone, 61 captains and 18 first officers, representing more than 12 nationalities have been selected.

float flyer
20th Mar 2009, 01:20
Can somebody PM me more info on F/O recruiting process?

Also anyone in the know, know if they are recruiting Female crew?

Thanks in advance!

long-gonner
20th Mar 2009, 02:57
This what they wanted last fall. I know of at least one woman that was hired for an FO position.....

First Officers:

A minimum of 2,500 hours total flying time
A minimum of 500 hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft (jet or turboprop) in excess of 10 tonnes
ICAO ATPL
1st Class Medical
English language fluency ICAO level 4 or above
Type rating would be advantageous

flymanuel
24th Mar 2009, 21:29
Fly Dubai, B737-8GQ (winglets) A6-FDA on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/3381677804/)http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/3381677804/

Capt Hill
25th Mar 2009, 22:58
I am heading to Dubai this weekend for assesments and interview. Is there anyone else going or that is all ready there that would like to have a meet up on the Saturday? If so could you PM me?

Good Luck To All!

Old King Coal
26th Mar 2009, 02:46
There's some added-value info in another other FD thread (esp on page 2): http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/366619-fly-dubai-missing-info-2.html and, in particular, the link to:

https://flydubai.valuemanage.com/PilotApplication.aspx <-- the on-line application form!

FMC OVERHEAT
30th Mar 2009, 21:24
I always keep getting this when applying using the email on their website.
Something is really weird...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Email was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-Invalid recipient <[email protected]>

Old King Coal
31st Mar 2009, 02:47
FMC OVERHEAT - thanks for the feedback.

Can I just confirm that you sent an email... and that this was not a response from the on-line application form?

In any event I would strongly suggest that you (and / or anybody else) use the link I have provided (see above) to make applications, as I know for a fact that these are being received into our recruitment database.

Right now we simply do not have the staff to open hundreds of emails, trawl through attachments, and filter out the likely candidates. We do however have someone who will be looking at / filtering applications recieved into the database from the on-line form.

For those who have applied using the on-line form, and who haven't received a email confirmation, I will get someone from the office (which probably means it'll be me) to send you an email (using the email address you've supplied... now in our database) so that you can sleep easy that you application hasn't simply disappeared into the Internet's ether.

Nb. Hands up on our part that we didn't realise that an email confirmation hadn't been included in the backend processing of the on-line form.... so we've asked our web development team to make a change so that after a submission successfully enters the database we'll then send you an email to that effect..... and which reminds me that I must go and prod the web development team to get that link up on the main website.

On a personal note, for those who've been PM'ing me, I'm sorry that I haven't responded.. but we've got a big push on at the moment and it leaves very few hours in the day (indeed I'm typing this at 6:45am.... not even had a moment to slurp my tea,.. and which is now cold).

FMC OVERHEAT
31st Mar 2009, 05:59
@Old King Coal

I get this rejection message everytime I try to send an email to [email protected] It was NOT an issue with the online application form.

I did however filled in the application form using the link you provided but I didn't get any email confirming that it was received. (and I was wondering why I am having trouble to sleep these days, this might be the reason!) :)

Anyways I just sent you a PM.