PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
27th Jul 2018, 11:46
Welcome to the Middle East and in FZ , I hope you will enjoy the ride that's only the start….
Who...? Me?

dubaigong
27th Jul 2018, 14:14
Not specifically , everybody that wants to join should be ready to live with those kind of changes , even after joining.
We have had recently second officers flying 2 or 3 days a month and on stanby for the rest of the time…
So just be ready to adapt to the Middle East philosophy which " take it or leave it "

Old King Coal
29th Jul 2018, 21:49
One suspects FZ might imminently be short of at least one Captain, wherein the Dubai 'brand' doesn't like bad publicity... it's very likely his 'resignation' will be waiting for him, assuming he even bothers to return to DXB.

Dubai bound flight delayed after pilot caught drunk (http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2018-07-29/dubai-bound-flight-delayed-after-pilot-caught-drunk.html)

SOPS
30th Jul 2018, 04:12
I think the best move, for him,would just be to run as fast as possible away from Dubai.

dubaigong
30th Jul 2018, 04:28
Everything will be fine Inshallah….

BurDubaiBob
30th Jul 2018, 05:05
dubaigong... and speaking of the 'religion of peace', the named Captain's FB page profile says (and I quote) that he's a 'Proud Muslim'. Well you really couldn't make it up and hypocrisy, much!
Of course hindsight would suggest that he should have gone 'sick', especially so as it happened in Kathmandu; a place where faeces adorns the streets (https://thehimalayantimes.com/kathmandu/faecal-sludge-management-sanitation-challenge/), and thus it'd be totally believable to have a dose of the squits.

captcak
30th Jul 2018, 09:02
Their selection process recently had major backlash as they inducted new women to conduct HR interview process, I asked one of them if she has any HR qualification and the response was 'We don't need it since i was cabin crew'. This is ridiculous! to say the least. I wonder if anyone in their HR department has the right qualification.

BurDubaiBob
30th Jul 2018, 09:52
captcak: For pilot recruitment? You mean like having some experienced pilots actually asking some questions?... are you having a laugh?! Besides, they can't spare any pilots for this important task because they're so short of them just now (what with them all leaving and / or not joining). And good god man, surely everybody know that HR are world experts in, well, everything! That said, one would imagine that an inflated ego wrt to ones abilities, along with an Honours Degree (or, better yet, a Doctorate) in HeadWobbling must be a pre-requiste?

G SXTY
30th Jul 2018, 12:51
T’was ever so. When I joined, the initial interview at CTC was with two ex-cabin crew ladies, asking experience-based piloty type questions - with a grand total of 0 hours flying experience between them.

Then again, one of them had visited Dubai once, so that made it okay.

That said, one would imagine that an inflated ego wrt to ones abilities, along with an Honours Degree (or, better yet, a Doctorate) in HeadWobbling must be a pre-requiste?

Plus an allocated parking space outside FZHQ . . .

G SXTY
30th Jul 2018, 16:20
Seconded. A good guy to fly with.

dubaigong
30th Jul 2018, 17:04
OK guys , what is your point ?
" amongst the best I have flown with " , " a good guy to fly with " , " good memories " etc...

Does it means it is OK to report for Duty with alcohol in your blood well above the legal limit ????

Of course if he was a nasty fellow to fly with , then it would have been unacceptable ?

Who cares if he was a nice guy or not , it is just not professional and totally unacceptable to sign in for duty unfit to fly.

How would you react if amongst the passengers there were your wife and kids ?

18L
30th Jul 2018, 22:48
Well said dubaigong. Completely agree. Whether he was nice or not is completely irrelevant here, his actions endangered lives. What if he had operated the flight and ended up putting the plane, crew and 153 passengers into the side of a Nepalese mountain?

airborneksa
31st Jul 2018, 06:51
With not so recent accident, I imagined they would have improved their selection process. Cabin crew or HR are far from being able to assess for technical skills besides this decision making should come with responsibility. Every time an incident happens skippers are blamed, why not blame the selection process by cabin crew!

dubaigong
1st Aug 2018, 09:46
Jump to which conclusion ? , he was found POSITIVE after an alcohol test before a flight from Katamandu.

It is only a fact , we made no conclusion but just wondering what is relevant in saying that he was a nice guy to fly with.

BurDubaiBob
1st Aug 2018, 20:19
Newcomer2: Wrt 'End of story' no its not. Because of his irresponsible actions there will now (almost certainly, given that it's the sandpit, and all that that entails) be a knee-jerk reaction by FZ 'Management' (very much as in "There's always one f'ing idiot, but we need to be seen - by the 'wastafarians' - to be doing something about it against everybody.... if only to keep our own jobs!" ).

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
1st Aug 2018, 21:14
T’was ever so. When I joined, the initial interview at CTC was with two ex-cabin crew ladies, asking experience-based piloty type questions - with a grand total of 0 hours flying experience between them.

Then again, one of them had visited Dubai once, so that made it okay.

Plus an allocated parking space outside FZHQ . . .

This reminds me of the father of a friend of mine. He was a legend Boeing guy. He once went to an interview for a 767 gig at Gatwick years ago. He'd been invited by the Chief Pilot...the interview a formality. Upon arrival, he was told that there was an HR lady who had to speak to him during the interview. As she started asking questions....he stood up, put on his jacket and said "I'm a pilot...you're not....and I don't answer stupid fu**ing questions!".

He got a call 2 days later, from the CP "Ah...John....could you start on Monday?!" LMFAO ROFL

den3aah
3rd Aug 2018, 18:48
Hi there

Does anyone know if siblings are to be added to the list of beneficiaries for ID90/ID50 travel?

Cheers

High Energy
4th Aug 2018, 10:02
Hi there

Does anyone know if siblings are to be added to the list of beneficiaries for ID90/ID50 travel?

Cheers
No. But people are working on that to get it changed. If and when, inshallah...

den3aah
4th Aug 2018, 10:31
No. But people are working on that to get it changed. If and when, inshallah...

Thanks. I also heard that they are working on that getting changed, which is very promising....

Just wondered if anyone can any more concrete info and when will that happen?

Cheers

airborneksa
4th Aug 2018, 11:24
This reminds me of the father of a friend of mine. He was a legend Boeing guy. He once went to an interview for a 767 gig at Gatwick years ago. He'd been invited by the Chief Pilot...the interview a formality. Upon arrival, he was told that there was an HR lady who had to speak to him during the interview. As she started asking questions....he stood up, put on his jacket and said "I'm a pilot...you're not....and I don't answer stupid fu**ing questions!".

He got a call 2 days later, from the CP "Ah...John....could you start on Monday?!" LMFAO ROFL

Not in this joint lol, here cabin crew is above pilots and HR is above chairman & Ceo. I wonder who goes to interview engineers? I guess the toilet cleaning staff.

High Energy
5th Aug 2018, 07:09
Thanks. I also heard that they are working on that getting changed, which is very promising....

Just wondered if anyone can any more concrete info and when will that happen?

Cheers

No one knows. My guess it will suddenly appear without warning. Like how most things go. I know many people are emailing about it and contacts within seem to have an open ear to it so I wouldn't rule it out. But don't go by a timeline.

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
11th Aug 2018, 12:11
Not in this joint lol, here cabin crew is above pilots and HR is above chairman & Ceo. I wonder who goes to interview engineers? I guess the toilet cleaning staff.
No.....the toilet cleaning staff are over qualified....

FLTLVLCHG
23rd Aug 2018, 11:04
According to the company website, there is no pilot recruitment (CDR/FO) going on at the moment. Thought that FZ has a kind of pilot shortage? Anyone info about the recruitment, will it open again in the near future?

FLTLVLCHG
24th Aug 2018, 08:55
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
27th Aug 2018, 10:41
Oh! This (^^^^) is annoying! So they have stopped the recruitment drive for pilots? They must be pretty confident, with all the Ryanair, easyJet, TUI, JET2, WestJet etc etc Recruitment Roadshows coming up in Dubai?! WOW.....they must have REALLY nailed their growing pains and pilot retention then. HAPPY DAYS!! Hoping to get assessment NEXT yer then. I have asked the HR lot for news, as they offered me several dates in Nov and Dec this year?!

Monarch Man
27th Aug 2018, 18:13
Says all it needs to say potential candidates.

https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/612672-pprune-blocked-uae-now.html

Do you wonder why?.......

High Energy
1st Sep 2018, 16:20
Hi

If any current F/O at FZ could please inform me about annual leaves. I understand that FZ has a variable roster system and 42 days of leave per year. My question is, by using about 7 days of leave every other month, would it be possible to get block of days off (including leave) of about 9 or 11 consecutive days off every other month (every 2 month or close to it). I ask this as to know whether a commute back to Europe is possible by doing that. Is that possible or they have a system so that you to get your leaves less splitted over the year ?

Thanks.

Basing your decision on being able to commute is like playing Russian Roulette. Yes as an FO you can spread your leave and even get summer leave and all but there are no guarantees you'll get days off around it. I've seen very junior guys with really good rosters and senior ones with crap ones. There is no logic at times, especially when it comes to your days around leave. And what happens to the rosters when reqruitment stops like it has now? How long will the company give us the 3 or 4 additional days off like they have the past 4 months? How long before you upgrade and then it's a definite no-no not possible.

Save yourself a lot of stress and heache and forget about commuting with us. Have you looked at the EK 777 freighter package? That is kinda setup of commuting.

Hidalgo50
5th Sep 2018, 09:26
Hello guys,
Anybody working at FZ knows if they stopped the training program for the guys who got selected and are on hold pool?
thanks.

cheers.

High Energy
5th Sep 2018, 15:47
Hello guys,
Anybody working at FZ knows if they stopped the training program for the guys who got selected and are on hold pool?
thanks.

cheers.

Everything has stopped for now is what I heard. Maybe someone else can elaborate further?

den3aah
8th Sep 2018, 18:43
No one knows. My guess it will suddenly appear without warning. Like how most things go. I know many people are emailing about it and contacts within seem to have an open ear to it so I wouldn't rule it out. But don't go by a timeline.

Any News on this guys? Has anyone noticed any changes for immediate family travel benefits?

Cheers

High Energy
10th Sep 2018, 12:40
Any News on this guys? Has anyone noticed any changes for immediate family travel benefits?

Cheers

Nothing still. And with the posted loss I wouldn't count on much progress for the forseeable future.

Unforseen
12th Sep 2018, 11:17
hello guys,
Can anybody update me for thecurrent FO net montly income , approx?
thanks so much
Regards
Ufgt

High Energy
12th Sep 2018, 12:25
hello guys,
Can anybody update me for thecurrent FO net montly income , approx?
thanks so much
Regards
Ufgt

It varies during leave etc but expect between 10500 and 11500 usd p/mnth nett. Any FO here that can verify this for me? If you scroll back a few pages you'll find a breakdown as well. Only the flightpay has gone up inbetween.

Unforseen
16th Sep 2018, 16:24
hIGH ENERGY,
Thanks a lot...
any other else can veryfy or or confirm what Hugh Energy stated?
thanks for the useful information...

So let's say as FO you earn around 10 USD net....then need to account at least for 2/3K for a good house leaving you around 7k net...is that correct?

Sick
17th Sep 2018, 08:09
Question - for Captain rostering purposes, do newly upgraded (within FD) Captains slot in above DECs in the seniority list, or are the FOs and Captains list kept separate for rostering (ie new upgrades join the captains list at the bottom)?

TriesToFly
17th Sep 2018, 13:56
Question - for Captain rostering purposes, do newly upgraded (within FD) Captains slot in above DECs in the seniority list, or are the FOs and Captains list kept separate for rostering (ie new upgrades join the captains list at the bottom)?

Upgrading fo's get to keep their seniority, so they go above DEC'S seniority wise. Same for second officers/cadets.

italian stallion
17th Sep 2018, 17:42
And any figures on a DEC salary please?
Thanks

McRj
18th Sep 2018, 02:53
Any news on upcoming groundschool?

cheers

High Energy
18th Sep 2018, 08:45
And any figures on a DEC salary please?
Thanks
Captains Basic: 25225
Transport: 2600
Housing: 15000

Flightpay per block hr: 199 aed

Expect 70-75hrs block average per month. 850-900hrs p/yr.

italian stallion
18th Sep 2018, 09:10
Thanks High Energy ��

Aviatior78
26th Sep 2018, 03:00
Hey Guys, I made through the assessment but I was put on the Talent Pool in July this year. I heard the ground training is predicted only after March 2019. I am a NTR F.O. This week they have started a group of S.O.s.
I also heard that they are short on TRI and one of the Runways in DXB will go under maintenance in April 2019.

Any information to share?

Vansimac
26th Sep 2018, 12:52
What is S.O.s.?

Lepo
26th Sep 2018, 13:31
What is S.O.s.?

Second Officers.

Vansimac
26th Sep 2018, 15:32
Second Officers? Really? What is a goal for?

Vansimac
26th Sep 2018, 17:56
I must clarify my question , I have never met Second Officer

Aviatior78
26th Sep 2018, 18:47
Second Officers? Really? What is a goal for?
Yes! Second Officers. They have a group of Second Officers starting on September 23rd this year already but no news for FO or CA ground training until next year.

A friend of mine had been on the assessment last week and they are still saying that the start date is for December and that is what they told me as well but after I was told that I succeeded they told me a start date will be given AFTER March 2019.

Donovan
28th Sep 2018, 10:16
Any idea when FD might start recruitment again?

HEA
28th Sep 2018, 14:52
Hey Guys

I was wondering if anybody new how to contact the Pilot recruitment department of Flydubai. I have been looking for it for some time without any luck.
And sometimes when I find an email address for them, it's not the right one.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Aviatior78
28th Sep 2018, 18:52
Hey Guys,

Second Officers are being hired because it is cheaper for the company.

There is a Talent Pool and I got an information on this week from FZ Human Resources department that ground training will start for those in the pool on April 2019 on.

There where only two planes coming this year but starting on January they expect two 737 Max/month. Nobody can tell if they are a NG replacement or to add on the fleet.

Also, one of the runways in DXB will go under maintenance on April so that contributes to flight cancelations delaying ground school starters.

It seems that Emirates will take over Flydubai's HR Department. Something is going on. I heard that it will be part of Emirates Group but it still Flydubai brand.

All these information a got from friends working there.

Wish us all the best

donpizmeov
29th Sep 2018, 14:35
Well it is a rumour network. Rumour has it that one more negative quarter earnings will trigger a “consolidation ” phase at FZ . This, I am lead to believe, will consist of a reduction of destinations and a reduction of some frequencies to others . Lots of plans on hold at the moment until the decision is made.

Donovan
4th Oct 2018, 10:48
How about the recruitment? Any opening soon?

SOPS
4th Oct 2018, 14:33
Donovan...can you read? Things are bad and they may consolidate. As far as as your application to EK...whats your experience? All they need now is turbo prop time and a pulse...

striker26
28th Oct 2018, 15:40
Can anyone outline the realistic requirements (not minimums) for a Non-Type Rated FO position with FlyDubai? Specifically looking for TT, ME (can it be on an a/c < 10 MTOW?) and any other insight to be considered would be appreciated. The hiring at the moment seems closed but with at least 1 a/c being delivered per month they should open up the hiring pool again?

Thanks in advance!

CaptFlyer
6th Nov 2018, 23:12
I am interested to know how is the roster currently for F/O with low seniority. Roster pattern, average block hours per month (about 70 from what I heard ?), and leave allocation. If any current F/O could share these information (here or via PM please).
It seems not many people are complaining at Flydubai lately unlike the bigger brother, yet I see many ex-FZ joining a certain European loco carrier lately... I am in the hold pool btw but still making my mind, whether to wait for FZ or try EK.

Aviatior78
6th Nov 2018, 23:25
I am interested to know how is the roster currently for F/O with low seniority. Roster pattern, average block hours per month (about 70 from what I heard ?), and leave allocation. If any current F/O could share these information (here or via PM please).
It seems not many people are complaining at Flydubai lately unlike the bigger brother, yet I see many ex-FZ joining a certain European loco carrier lately... I am in the hold pool btw but still making my mind, whether to wait for FZ or try EK.

Hey man, I am also in the holding pool. Do you or anyone else here know if in the past FZ had other pools? I am excited to start training but March or April sees too far in terms of planning. I realy hope they don't forget us and confirm our vacancy.

High Energy
7th Nov 2018, 02:45

It looks like hiring and first start dates are planned for Apr 19. The operation is being refined and coordinated with EK. Loss making sectors are chopped and the two route structures further aligned. Old aircraft are being retired with new MAX 8 and 9's to join. I believe 4 new aircraft are to join the fleet before the end of the year; 1 MAX 8 and 3 MAX 9's. Possible 2 more 9's but not sure. Fleet expansion next year now looks to be around 7 iso 18 new aircraft. Just rumors though.

Leave allocation for 2019 has just finished and as an FO it's pretty ok irregardless of your seniority. For FO's only 3 leave weeks were gone after the first round of bidding. Many summer weeks were still available! Unlike Captains leave where 11 weeks were gone incl the entire summer. Year 1 FO's still managed to get summer leave and 8+ year Captains didn't even managed to get 1 week in summer. A big frustration point for the skippers.

Quite a lot of junior FO's I fly with have some pretty decent blocks of days off, some 5 or more consecutive days off requested and given! Flying seems around 65-70hrs. Depending who you talk to but most people seems really content at the moment. This generally due to the reduction in flying and roster improvement efforts to assign blocks of days off. I forecast it will stay like this for 2019.

EK and flydubai are very different animals. One might suit you whilst the other one doesn't. Very different atmospheres too. flydubai IMHO is a really nice place to work. If only they increased the pay and allowances and had a provident fund. If they had most people wouldn't leave anymore. Turnover now seems close to 10% from what I hear.

CaptFlyer
7th Nov 2018, 08:35
Thanks High Energy.

737a
16th Nov 2018, 09:55
Hainaubbiins hahhhs u

aloktina
19th Nov 2018, 03:54
It looks like hiring and first start dates are planned for Apr 19. The operation is being refined and coordinated with EK. Loss making sectors are chopped and the two route structures further aligned. Old aircraft are being retired with new MAX 8 and 9's to join. I believe 4 new aircraft are to join the fleet before the end of the year; 1 MAX 8 and 3 MAX 9's. Possible 2 more 9's but not sure. Fleet expansion next year now looks to be around 7 iso 18 new aircraft. Just rumors though.

Leave allocation for 2019 has just finished and as an FO it's pretty ok irregardless of your seniority. For FO's only 3 leave weeks were gone after the first round of bidding. Many summer weeks were still available! Unlike Captains leave where 11 weeks were gone incl the entire summer. Year 1 FO's still managed to get summer leave and 8+ year Captains didn't even managed to get 1 week in summer. A big frustration point for the skippers.

Quite a lot of junior FO's I fly with have some pretty decent blocks of days off, some 5 or more consecutive days off requested and given! Flying seems around 65-70hrs. Depending who you talk to but most people seems really content at the moment. This generally due to the reduction in flying and roster improvement efforts to assign blocks of days off. I forecast it will stay like this for 2019.

EK and flydubai are very different animals. One might suit you whilst the other one doesn't. Very different atmospheres too. flydubai IMHO is a really nice place to work. If only they increased the pay and allowances and had a provident fund. If they had most people wouldn't leave anymore. Turnover now seems close to 10% from what I hear.

Hi High Energy,
I have received an offer from flydubai for the starting date of 02 Dec 18 DEC type rated. Apparently a slot was vacant.
Is there anyone in this community who is joining in the same Lot.

High Energy
19th Nov 2018, 08:23
Hi High Energy,
I have received an offer from flydubai for the starting date of 02 Dec 18 DEC type rated. Apparently a slot was vacant.

Looks like they are getting people in quite last minute but in very small numbers. Maybe just to react to the summer programme start and resignations.

Aviatior78
19th Nov 2018, 09:39
Hi High Energy,

It is good news. I have a friend from Dubai and he started as Second Officer on September bu he told me it was only him and another guy. They will probably call very few people at the time.

I am a NTR F.O. waiting.

Lets keep sharing information.

fatbus
20th Nov 2018, 08:50
Second officer? FZ ?

Aviatior78
20th Nov 2018, 17:55
Second officer? FZ ?

yes, there is a recent post about that.

TS-pilot
1st Dec 2018, 13:24
Second Officer as in p2f program ?! With FZ ?!

citynight
19th Dec 2018, 20:27
The second officer program is a self-sponsored type rating through CAE. During the checkride there's a flydubai's captain to assess you and if the type rating + the checkride were positive, then you're invited for an interview. Then you need an UAE ATPL before being offered a start date.

Basically it's an FO with a lower salary.

Big Neil
23rd Dec 2018, 08:34
Hi guys. Once recruitment resumes for NTR FO, is it possible to apply with a frozen ATPL on the proviso its full prior to joining? Like in EK.
Or is it a requirement to have a full ATPL to apply and go through the recruitment process? Be even better to apply and join frozen, is this possible?
No recruitment ads so not sure of company/GCAA licensing requirements.
Cheers

Aviatior78
23rd Dec 2018, 13:05
Hi guys. Once recruitment resumes for NTR FO, is it possible to apply with a frozen ATPL on the proviso its full prior to joining? Like in EK.
Or is it a requirement to have a full ATPL to apply and go through the recruitment process? Be even better to apply and join frozen, is this possible?
No recruitment ads so not sure of company/GCAA licensing requirements.
Cheers
FZ will require full ATPL. They are not accepting applications at the moment.
I heard this week from a friend working there that they have now about 140 pilots (CPT and FO) on their pool and Unfortunately mos planes that are coming are replacement. Let's keep sharing information.

Big Neil
23rd Dec 2018, 13:32
Ah that's annoying, needing a full ATPL to even be considered. Thanks for the reply anyway Aviatior78.

matr72
23rd Dec 2018, 13:47
One of my batch mate had an unfrozen ATPL at the time of assessment. He has been told during interview to get his full ATPL before the date of joining.
So he did and he joined. So it's probably possible...but it was 2 years ago...it might have changed...
If you have the opportunity to get the full ATPL before sending your application, of course, go for it.

Big Neil
25th Dec 2018, 07:45
This is great to hear matr72. Thank you. My current airline and CAA won't allow me to unfreeze, whilst other airlines and EASA states would. Very frustrating.

Hidalgo50
5th Jan 2019, 20:21
hello guys,
any news concerning the starting date for those who are or where in the holding pool.
for the ones who work actually for FZ. Any chat within the company about that ?
thanks for the info.
you guys have a great day.
cheers

Thanasi1982
6th Jan 2019, 06:24
Hi
i would also love to know what the status is on start dates as I have been put on the short list from the end of August 2018. Would also like to know if you have not received a start date with in a year of your acceptance would you need to re apply

I am really excited and would like to get started now.

Thanks for for all your help

kijety
8th Jan 2019, 08:04
Hello,
I applied Dec 2017
Passed all March 2018
Hold pool since March 2018.

I know of others that are still waiting. Maybe we are gonna hear from them this year. Last email I got was in june 2017 saying I shall get update in Jan 2019.

Thats all..

Aircrafter1
8th Jan 2019, 09:03
I have resigned from the non sense at flydubai, so at least you guys will have 1 opening after March. They have recently re-introduced voluntary leave which is what we had two years ago. The first six months of 2019 doesn’t exactly look like much will happen growth wise, but this place is a revolving door so keep patient, and you will get a start date soon enough as more guys leave.
All the best and good luck

Hidalgo50
8th Jan 2019, 15:19
thanks for the info Aircrafter1

glideslopealive
8th Jan 2019, 18:40
Hi Kijety, you are still in the pool uptill now?

​​​​​​​Hello,
I applied Dec 2017
Passed all March 2018
Hold pool since March 2018.

I know of others that are still waiting. Maybe we are gonna hear from them this year. Last email I got was in june 2017 saying I shall get update in Jan 2019.

Thats all..

kijety
9th Jan 2019, 02:09
Hi Kijety, you are still in the pool uptill now?

Yes I am..
well I hope so..
anyone in the pool and would like to chat, PM and we can whatsapp..
​​​​​​​all the best

Aviatior78
13th Jan 2019, 13:05
Hey guys. Anybody else waiting in the pool?

F2L
14th Jan 2019, 08:30
Lasts rumors from inside:

More than 100 pilots in the pool for a start date
Upgrades on hold, more than 20 guys waiting ( passed on interview or second attempt ), New upgrade applications on hold.
No DEC on 2019
Start dates for FOs and upgrades after April, maybe. Rumors on July already started
Fleet will be reduced in 2019 by 5 or 6 acfts
2020 the company might grow again
Unpaid leave from February til May for Flight Deck and Cabin Crew. Company is overstaffed.

Good news is people still resigning...

Aviatior78
11th Mar 2019, 16:52
It seems that some TR pilots are being called for a start date on April and May but no information about the NTR waiting on the pool.

High Energy
12th Mar 2019, 16:45
Also some second officers are being given a start date around July with a course start in September.

F2L
29th Mar 2019, 10:11
It seems that some TR pilots are being called for a start date on April and May but no information about the NTR waiting on the pool.

rumors that new joiners course has been cancelled....🙁 MAX grounding taking effect...

Captain Jay
15th Apr 2019, 09:30
Hello everyone !

Does anyone get a start date for those following weeks and has been delayed ? Or not ?

Due to the MCAS problem I have heard some of the pilots have been delayed until further notice to start in the company.

cheers !

Hidalgo50
16th Apr 2019, 21:13
Hello,
yes my start date has been delayed UFN due to the Max grounding they said.
I am Type rated and was in the pool since a year almost.

Captain Jay
16th Apr 2019, 22:08
It looks like we have to wait more and more...
But what I have heard, they are a lot of pilots resigning each month...
So at a point, they have to hire some pilots !

Aviatior78
16th Apr 2019, 23:21
I also heard that there will be First Officers upgrades from May on.

F2L
17th Apr 2019, 01:52
Everything is on hold right now, upgrades has been cancelled, new joiners as well... We have 14 MAX grounded, it means lots of pilots at home.

Major U.S. carriers extended MAX grounding up to August, the novel seens to have a long road ahead...

Don t expect anything before august...

High Energy
17th Apr 2019, 17:51
It looks like we have to wait more and more...
But what I have heard, they are a lot of pilots resigning each month...
So at a point, they have to hire some pilots !

Resignations are 'd say on average for the last 12-18 mnths. Nothing moving that much. May will see a small batch of cadets join (they need 6-9 months of training remember) and thats it untill further notice. No DEC's, no upgrades. Purely due to MAX grounding. Once we have those frames back and the company knows an approved timeline things will move up 2 gears. Remember, around 14 frames on the ground (25% of the fleet) and another 6 or so to be delivered this year. Well that was the original plan...

Now we are overcrewed, voluntary leave and low monthly hours. But that can quickly change. Are Naples and Budapest still starting in June? I know of at least one other unnanounced new destinations with a few more possibilities. It all depends on the MAX grounding.

Captain Jay
18th Apr 2019, 07:19
What do you mean by Cadets ? Second officers ?

So there is still some pilots who are joining the company in May ?

Thank you

High Energy
18th Apr 2019, 09:15
What do you mean by Cadets ? Second officers ?

So there is still some pilots who are joining the company in May ?

Thank you

Yes, second officers. They must have joined in March or April but I'm not sure. The number is low too. They have a looooong training time so this is a long game decision. A DEC on NTR guy/girl take no more than 3 months from joining to being fully released. A second officer/cadet takes 9 months and sometimes up to a year or longer. Their programme is different you see. Back a while ago I knew some SO's were doing maybe 1 flight per month, sometimes 2. And they need to do 106 sectors/265 hours to complete the programme. Factor in the now required mandatory GCAA ATPL theoretical study/exams it all takes time.

F2L
12th Jun 2019, 08:29
I heard that FOs positions are being offered start dates in november...

ajac 282
30th Jul 2019, 21:11
Any updates from anyone?

Hidalgo50
1st Sep 2019, 11:44
Hello guys,

anyone starting ing in September ?
if yes pm please.

cheers.

High Energy
2nd Sep 2019, 17:30
Heard on the line 12 guys/girls starting in SEP. (8 FO's and 4 DEC's) Oct will see 6 FO's starting. Not sure if they were just hired and placed in a holding pool or actually got a start date or have begun already. Also in SEP a few cadets starting but not sure how many.
Again, line rumors so not sure what is true. It's all fluid and depends on the MAX return entirely.

Flybullet
5th Sep 2019, 09:19
9 FO and 3 from the second officer program, no direct entry Capts. These cadets have been in the waiting pool since 2017. No start dates this year unless max is back in service. Their is still loads of pilots in the holding pool waiting for 2 years now.

gb346
11th Sep 2019, 09:01
12 Started recently (last 10 days) with more courses to follow this year. Not sure how many courses but have it under good authority that they are employing F/O's in order to release existing senior F/O's for their Command Upgrade.

Once the MAX is released to service (no one knows when :rolleyes: ) then there will be a rapid rise in the number of pilots being employed.

Flybullet
17th Nov 2019, 14:56
Any updates anyone? I see they reopened pilot positions on their website. Seems like they recruiting even with a current hold pool full of pilots. Its all confusing...

High Energy
17th Nov 2019, 17:00
People are still leaving to go to EK or back home and folks getting upgraded currently. Yes we are overcrewed for now but with the MAX back in, say March they need to start training people accordingly. Things will start to happen quickly come December.

Flybullet
18th Nov 2019, 03:46
Thats what i thought... they need to start training now. They still have the cadet program open yet they dont recruit anyone from the cadet hold pool.

airborneksa
18th Nov 2019, 05:22
With 20 Max expected next year recruitment has restarted as it is being advertised for the moment in IST. The conditions seem to be good as Accommodation & Transfers are covered.

Aviatior78
25th Nov 2019, 13:30
Has anyone got start date for February 2020? Please send me a message.

Flybullet
26th Nov 2019, 03:09
Nothing. Ive been waiting for 2 years now. Did you get start date as direct entry?

F2L
26th Nov 2019, 05:55
People are still leaving to go to EK or back home and folks getting upgraded currently. Yes we are overcrewed for now but with the MAX back in, say March they need to start training people accordingly. Things will start to happen quickly come December.

Upgrades?? Where?? Not in FZ... we had small batch of 6, nothing else. More than 60 guys sitting and waiting... no courses on January so far.

ufon
30th Nov 2019, 14:00
Hi guys, I saw that they are looking for type rated and NTR First officers.
If I apply and I pass it, will they give me a FO job or will they add me in the holding pool?

fatbus
30th Nov 2019, 23:22
Mate ! Apply first !

Flybullet
1st Dec 2019, 00:01
Goodluck. Surprised they even advertising with that amount of pilots waiting for a start date.

salvo montalbano
1st Dec 2019, 11:21
Dis someone take the online exams? I have applied on friday and received the tests yesterday. Five days is the deadline. I assumed they move fast during the initial stages. As they have plenty of people in the holding pool.
thanks!

ufon
1st Dec 2019, 14:15
Mate ! Apply first !
Of course I will apply... this was not the point. I am interested if they are really willing to hire somebody or they just need more pilots in the pool.

salvo montalbano
1st Dec 2019, 15:40
Is it neccesary to practice with programs Like latest pilot jobs for the online tests? Or those psychometric tests are taken in dubai? And the online test are the regular ones

Tophatter
2nd Dec 2019, 05:52
Of course I will apply... this was not the point. I am interested if they are really willing to hire somebody or they just need more pilots in the pool.
As long as the Max is grounded, expect to be in the pool. There's no expansion whatsoever until the return of the Max. FZ is just trying to anticipate the return, have the pilots ready in a pool.

salvo montalbano
16th Dec 2019, 10:40
Any news about FZ and their recruitment?

salvo montalbano
16th Dec 2019, 15:21
Thank you! I have taken all the compass exams and the online interview but did not get any answer during the last days.

Flybullet
16th Dec 2019, 15:32
Start date Jan/feb... i dont think so, did not hear anything, ive been waiting 2 years... any can confirm that? Their is atleast 20 cadets or more in that pool.

Flybullet
16th Dec 2019, 17:15
Yes i know of direct entry FO getting dates, as for cadets, nothing!

Aviatior78
16th Dec 2019, 18:40
There is actualy a group starting on February. I know another groupt that started on November, but I heard nothing about January.

Aviatior78
16th Dec 2019, 19:09

You will definitely go to the pool like everyone else. A lot of people have been waiting for a long time. It doesn't mean that you will wait or not for almost 2 years to be called. It all depends on the MAX. If the Max returns I guess they will call everybody. You will be put in a talent pool if you succeed.

fatbus
17th Dec 2019, 08:59
Any time there is pilots in the pool at EK there was no specific order to giving course dates . Same at FZ?

Aviatior78
17th Dec 2019, 18:57
Any time there is pilots in the pool at EK there was no specific order to giving course dates . Same at FZ?

Apparently there are many variables such as assessment grading. They might be considering that. This score comes with the contract at FZ. I may be wrong.

Tophatter
18th Dec 2019, 07:06
I might be wrong but with the Max return being postponed one more time, it is likely that the start dates in Feb will be cancelled. Be prepared for that, that's common practice at FZ. Do not resign from your actual employer.
Voluntary leave are still flowing, wet lease is still ongoing, those are the facts.

7fly
18th Dec 2019, 07:45
Anyone else starting In January, please feel free to PM me! Thanks

Paleo
22nd Dec 2019, 00:24
I received an invitation email week ago for assement day in dubai for FO position in February 2020. Anyone else recieved invitation for February?

razor1911
23rd Dec 2019, 01:47
Howzit aviators.. Anyone been invited for the March slot in Dubai (NTR FO)

b787q300
3rd Jan 2020, 19:04
I received an invitation email week ago for assement day in dubai for FO position in February 2020. Anyone else recieved invitation for February?

​​​​​​​Feb interview slot for me

Aviatior78
3rd Jan 2020, 22:48
Howzit aviators.. Anyone been invited for the March slot in Dubai (NTR FO)
Assessment or Start date?

Ferrari Edoardo
4th Jan 2020, 09:03
hello gentlemen.
im going for the interview in feb 2020.
enyone else coming??

razor1911
5th Jan 2020, 05:34
Assessment

B737ngmax
5th Jan 2020, 11:08
Anyone doing their assessment for DEC rated in march ?

NP12345
8th Jan 2020, 01:59
Can anyone shed some light on the time between submitting your video interview to being offered the next stage at the assessment centre?
Cheers NP

Flybullet
9th Jan 2020, 05:39
Should be a week more or less depending on how fast the recruitment is, i personally waited 2 months after that to get an interview date.

OkayOkay
9th Jan 2020, 11:55
Hi Guys,

Any idea whether recruitment for low hour (cadet) first officers is still on going?

Thank You

NP12345
9th Jan 2020, 14:53
Should be a week more or less depending on how fast the recruitment is, i personally waited 2 months after that to get an interview date.

Thanks! Seems like things are picking up quick!

Flybullet
10th Jan 2020, 03:47
Hi Guys,

Any idea whether recruitment for low hour (cadet) first officers is still on going?

Thank You
yes ofcourse, but you wait long in the holding pool

Flybullet
10th Jan 2020, 03:47
Hi Guys,

Thank You
its been very slow

B737ngmax
10th Jan 2020, 03:49
yes ofcourse, but you wait long in the holding pool
oh, any idea about the waiting period in holding pool ?

Flybullet
10th Jan 2020, 05:47
the popular question. I waited 2.5 years and still dont have dates. Due to financials in 2018 and max issue last year. But direct entry pilots are joining every month, ques they have priority cause they dont require longer training like cadets

B737ngmax
10th Jan 2020, 07:48
By direct entry pilots do u imply DEC captains or Fos ?
whose shortage are they facing right now ?

Flybullet
10th Jan 2020, 09:37
both direct entry fo and capt. Shortages im not sure but looks like they recruiting but slowly maybe to replace pilots that resigned or preparing for the return of the max or the busy summer ahead

B737ngmax
10th Jan 2020, 13:17
thanks for the update.

Any idea if FD allows its crew members to purchase duty free goods (read alcohol and cigarettes) and bring back to Dubai. As I understand, EK stopped its crew from doing the same time back.

Fawaz
10th Jan 2020, 13:57
I did my Video interview and since then nothing . Any one has HR email ?

Fawaz
10th Jan 2020, 13:58
for NTR FO last November

Aviatior78
10th Jan 2020, 17:25
Hey guys, I have my joining date in February and I would like to know how long before it they send plane tickets. Does anyone have any information about on this?

B737ngmax
13th Jan 2020, 17:48
incorrect information. They send u a ticket for assessment also, let alone joining. Probably u didn't clear the stages.

Climb150
14th Jan 2020, 00:17
I have two colleagues who were on the Flydubai hold file mid last year who were told that recruitment wouldn't commence again until the Max was back in the air.

Assume thats now changed?

B737ngmax
14th Jan 2020, 02:32
Cleared the stages and have been with the company four years. I was just trying to help, no need to get so excited.
well for captain position, they do offer tickets. Not sure about Fo position.

B737ngmax
14th Jan 2020, 03:49
will surely update as it goes.

b787q300
14th Jan 2020, 07:57
For my FO interview coming up my home base is on EK network but I have to front up half the cost to get to the interview as direct flight is too expensive for them. Original email they assured they will front up the cost for me to get to interview. Any ideas or options I can go from here?

b787q300
14th Jan 2020, 09:12
Thank you! Appreciate your help :)

salvo montalbano
14th Jan 2020, 10:59
Hi! I have done the exercises and the online interview but have not heard from FZ. I have choosen San Pablo as a preffered place for the assesment. All the guys i know have Also choose Brazil and haven t been called. Any idea if there is a reason?

cheers!

Fawaz
22nd Jan 2020, 20:39
same case here

misteredin2
23rd Jan 2020, 09:37
I am about to complete my Easa frozen ATPL and on the CAE website there is a cadet program scheme with Fly Dubai that doesn’t provide a lot of information. I am curious about two things in particular:
- what is the total cost?
- is it true that to convert EASA into GCAA license applicants with less than 1500 hours have to do all the 14 atpl theory exams all over? If yes, are they required to do so before even applying? This would be a deal breaker for me as the last age you can apply is 29 and I’m turning 30 in fall this year therefore I wouldn’t have enough time for it.
Any help on these two matters will be highly appreciated.

Boeinging
4th Feb 2020, 02:58
Hi Fellas,

Which website or study guide you recommend for FZ assessment/hiring process?

High Energy
7th Feb 2020, 03:33
misteredin2
Not sure about the costs but the exams are done inhouse after you are hired. As far as I know. Things change from time to time but maybe someone with even better knowledge might now the latest score,

Old King Coal
9th Feb 2020, 11:45
https://aeronewsglobal.com/flydubai-will-wet-lease-4-airbus-a320s-from-flyone/

One has to wonder what package the crew of the A320's will be on? E.g. if they're doing it for less cost than FZ's own crews (along with zero requirement to pay EOS benefit... ergo the total cost to FZ is cheaper overall) it could well be the thin end of the wedge for yet more outsourcing of the operation to an even lower cost option. Go figure?!

SOPS
9th Feb 2020, 13:23
The race to an ever lower bottom continues. Until pilots fly for nothing, the bean counters won’t be happy!

ufon
9th Feb 2020, 16:58
Hi guys,

I have been invited for the assessment in Dubai. Do you know if I will need to make again some pc test as the one I already did online?
Can somebody give me some information about the assessment and what to expect?
Boeinging , I am using latestpilotjobs to prepare myself with the interview, 3 months subscription costs about 60USD.
Did you get some other information/material?

Fawaz
13th Feb 2020, 08:18
i have also get invited for dubai assessment next month so i was also thinking do we have to re do the online tests there in person or jor but according to whats in LPJ they said you do it once online only so of anyone has information please advice much appreciated a support

NP12345
13th Feb 2020, 23:18
Hey when did you get your invitation to the assessment centre?

I've been waiting ages since my video interview to hear some news!

Best of luck to you

ufon
14th Feb 2020, 18:26
Hi, few days after the video interview. Thank you

Climb150
15th Feb 2020, 02:18
Has Flydubai had a new hire class in the last 6 months? Lots of interviewing but not a lot of people starting it appears.

Fawaz
16th Feb 2020, 13:01
NP12345

2 months after the video interview and still two more months for my assessment

NP12345
18th Feb 2020, 01:24
Thanks for the reply!

haha they really give you a lot of time to think about it!

Good luck with your assessment!

ufon
25th Feb 2020, 07:33
Hi guys, no news at all?

Reims_Rocket
2nd Mar 2020, 13:18
Anyone from the february assessment got successful email?

Muhammad Umair
9th Mar 2020, 12:54
i have assessment in April any recommendations?

Fawaz
9th Mar 2020, 21:20
Gents any news if the assessment still going on with covid19 thing ?

Galaxy32
11th Mar 2020, 11:43
Anyone have any info on the holding pool? They started taking guys from the pool recently. Suspecting with covid19, that's all stopped now

ufon
12th Mar 2020, 14:20
I received an email informing me that all the assessments are cancelled (March - April).

B737ngmax
13th Mar 2020, 08:30
All the assessments have been cancelled for the month of March / April. Successful candidates from Feb assessments are being informed now. But the sad news is with the covid 19 situation and newly found max wiring issue, waiting pool will have to wait much longer.

cruisepower
15th Mar 2020, 13:52
All entry visa are cancelled into the UAE, so even if flydubai wants to hire they can’t call you for assessment.

Yorkshire_Pudding
15th Mar 2020, 14:30
So going forward, Dubai is “connections only” and closed for tourism ufn.

cruisepower
15th Mar 2020, 14:59
yes correct, but it comes into effect on 17th. For now it’s better to avoid non essential travel.

cruisepower
16th Mar 2020, 05:26
my bad, I forgot to mention this. Those that gets visa on arrival can travel except some countries. Best thing would be to contact the immigration directly. But as far as I know through my sources the recruitment will be on hold until further notice.

Galaxy32
17th Apr 2020, 15:22
Anyone know if the pool still exists or has anyone had offers withdrawn etc. Due to Covid19?
Any update would be helpful

High Energy
17th Apr 2020, 19:06
Can anyone advise which destinations the flight crew overnight? Or is it still predominantly out and back?
A total of 23 destinations are now a layover. That includes 1 seasonal one (Zagreb) and 4 flightdeck only layovers. The night deadheads got replaced by layovers. (flt deck only) Day time deadheads still as before. (before COVID-19 data)

So basically 1 out of every 4 destinations is a layover.

Galaxy32
18th Apr 2020, 10:33
Thanks for that High Energy.

There are a heap of type rated pilots dumped on the market who are looking for a new home. When flydubai eventually get their Maxs they may not have to look too hard to crew them.
​​​
looks that way

Cascado87
25th Apr 2020, 16:36
Hi guys. Reading through this thread I'm aware there may be quite a few of you that have done the video interview recently. Any help on what may come up would be greatly appreciated. I know everything is on pause at the moment, but still trying to be prepared!

FLYSAFETY514
2nd May 2020, 17:29
No news for me,
I was supposed to be on interview on April.
Be patient they will call us back.

misteredin2
5th Jun 2020, 11:35
misteredin2
Not sure about the costs but the exams are done inhouse after you are hired. As far as I know. Things change from time to time but maybe someone with even better knowledge might now the latest score,

thanks a lot!

kungfu panda
6th Jun 2020, 12:37
Emirates has just started the layoffs. Pilots under training and probation so far. Letter sent today.

That's pretty bad because these guys will have resigned from previous jobs to take Emirates. Now Emirates put them on the street. A better solution could have been found.

fatbus
6th Jun 2020, 15:04
What would you suggest ?

jadrolinija
6th Jun 2020, 16:10
I guess everyone who changes airline to improve lifestyle and career path is aware of risks, especially while on probation. The best solution is to dismiss training/probation and keep pilots who showed loyalty and were part of team for years...

lederhosen
7th Jun 2020, 08:02
The new hires may still qualify for unemployment benefits in their home country, which may well not be the case for longer term expats. It may not be a lot but health insurance and a basic income may be very welcome until things look up. The least bad solution is probably job-sharing, that way the airline gets to keep qualified and experienced crew and the individual pilots get some time away from the sandpit.

Aircrafter1
7th Jun 2020, 08:48
Meetings are being held today with new joiners and those still training on their way out.

Aircrafter1
7th Jun 2020, 10:57
Flydubai of course. A hotel is being used, I’m hearing it is also a mixed bag of pilots to which I don’t know the criteria they are using.

EchoKilla
7th Jun 2020, 19:43
is this info correct as well?

https://www.arabianaerospace.aero/flydubai-prepares-for-job-cut-and-fleet-shrink-announcement.html

salvo montalbano
12th Jan 2021, 12:39
Hi! any news about fly dubai?layoffs? MAX?

turbulence_fl360
13th Jan 2021, 05:23
Max - Still waiting for GCAA approval and training.
Layoffs - No layoffs, only LWOP

Kekito
15th Jan 2021, 15:21
Hello guys,

Seeing how FlyDubai seems to be reopening routes at a slow/steady rate, do you think/know if they're going be hiring this year?
I was put in the pilot pool in February, just before Covid and just wondering what to do with that plan :)

Cheers to all the colleagues, fingers crossed for a decent summer in the skies !

Kekito
16th Jan 2021, 14:39
Alright, thank you guys for the bad news :(

I do believe it is early in the year to really know. My company believes we're good to shoot at least 85% of normal traffic this summer but all plans are still "Covid based".
Hopefully everything goes better fast for all of us!

Nice flights to all.

B737ngmax
16th Jul 2021, 12:09
As per media report almost the entire fleet, barring 2 aircraft are back in air at FD. If that's correct, how are they managing to do it ? They haven't hired anyone new in recent times...

username taken
17th Jul 2021, 09:46
That's great news. Handled much better than Qatar airways.... the 5 star airline, who over did the firing and is now rushing to bring its pilots back on a reduced salary. FZ may be getting some cv's fired across in the winter.

B737ngmax
17th Jul 2021, 10:23
transport jock

That's good news. New batches are starting in August end. FD seems to be in aggressive expansion mood.

captain.weird
17th Jul 2021, 19:16
B737ngmax

Did they start the assessments already for that? Or were these guys already hired pre-covid?

737sr
11th Aug 2021, 17:19
Guys in the holding pool do you have any news about joining dates! Im in the holding pool since March 2020 and very curious if Fly Dubai is going to call us this year or early next year.

any update is appreciated

T54A
23rd Aug 2021, 08:06
I just got a rejection letter saying my qualifications don't match the profile for a A320 FO. I have 1500 hrs on A320 and 9500 hrs on A330/340.

T54A
23rd Aug 2021, 09:45
You are 100% correct. It was Flyadeal, not Flydubai. I was so irritated I didn't bother reading who told me to sod off.

Reims_Rocket
23rd Aug 2021, 18:46
Hi 737sr,
May I know when was your screening date?

captain.weird
23rd Aug 2021, 21:21
transport jock

When will they expect to be joining you think?

flareflyer
24th Aug 2021, 19:44
It seems that they are calling now those to be supposed to join in March.
They now should join in October

Aviationtrader
4th Sep 2021, 00:27
Does anyone know the deal with foreign licence cadets..

Have Flydubai ever considered UK licensed low hour pilots? Are conversions and re-sitting ATPL theory under the GCAA mandatory?

B737ngmax
24th Sep 2021, 02:49
What's the latest situation at FD ? I believe they were supposed to start the recruitment drive sometime in Sept.

Desertboki
24th Sep 2021, 17:46
Things at flydubai are not great. Still rotational leave (forced leave) going on and a lot of uncertainty. Lots of pilots/ cabin crew put VOFF on their rosters allowing the company to effectively contact them whenever they like for extra work on all their time off.This is delaying staff getting back to full time employment and delaying recruitment. As for the cadet program I would be very cautious. I would consider asking previous cadets. Most have left now with the treatment they got. The GCAA did not recognise their previous ATPLs exams and some flight tests. Most had to do it all again at their own expense in the UAE.

bobbigknob
24th Sep 2021, 20:35
Hi guys few questions:
Is the second officer programme going on, I've heard that things are moving forward in regards to that.
Also I've heard FZ have a deal with the authorities which allow foreign low hour cadets a straight license conversion with no need to redo 14 exams again. Any truth to this as Ive been told two different answers.
Appreciate any replies.

Desertboki
25th Sep 2021, 08:50
It has everything to do with recruitment. Any one on the street will know with reduced flying and a workforce that can be contacted 24/7 for flying to get extra cash at this time will. It’s been available for years yes, but there was not much take up until the max grounding and the hours reduced. You can not take extra work flying 850-900a year now FZ pilots are at 400-500. Pilots barely ever get called off standby these days as crewing call VOFF rostered people.For anyone that does not understand VOFF it means volunteering day off. After the roster is published you have to fly your assigned duties. On your days off you can tag VOFF letting the company contact you for extra flying.(like standby). Lots fill their entire days off with VOFF in the hope they will get more hours. It can be refused if they do not like the duty. They do this while their colleges are on forced leave and it is also stopping recruitment.

Lucifer786
4th Oct 2021, 10:21
Gents.
I recently heard of a possible recruitment drive for captains with heavy experience on the 320/330. Any truth to that at all.
And if so could someone post the link please.
Thanks in advance

Lucifer786
4th Oct 2021, 12:16
Which is why the question. I heard this from a very reliable source and thought of checking it out.
My understanding exactly. As posted by you.

Desertboki
5th Oct 2021, 19:58
Just wow. That’s a terrible read if all of that is true. It looks like things have gone down hill a lot since Jim Vial and Ken Gile have left. I bet transport jock will still try to see the positives in this s$$t show. I read back and jock was only getting a rating less than 10 years ago.Are you now a senior manager in FZ transport jock? You seem to know it all,Shooting guys down that talk for airbus rated people.

flyTheBigFatLady
6th Oct 2021, 14:24
joke is right in saying Fz has not taken any airbus guys for ready entry position but there have been rumors that fz is looking into airbus nein especially when the Max trouble arised but I guess things are off the table as max‘Es are going to be delivered the issue is off the table
when the rumor came around there where also talks about hiring ready entry airbus pilots - might have changed

bettigio
6th Oct 2021, 15:19
They did hire non type rated captains few years back. But with so many pilots grounded, I'm sure they can find Boeing rated pilots for the time being.

Johnthemidjit
6th Oct 2021, 17:44
Recruitment happening soon I heard

flareflyer
6th Oct 2021, 20:00
did you hear it from a reliable
source.
i heard end of the year

what-to-do
6th Oct 2021, 21:26
Desertboki

Incredible. I never thought i would read a post where someone would say that FZ has gone downhill since JV and KG left. Two of the biggest :mad: i ever met.

Sarbjeet
7th Oct 2021, 04:04
Hello, Anyone here who had given assessment on Feb 2020 and still waiting for results? I would be greatful if someone can give insight about it.
Regards

Desertboki
7th Oct 2021, 13:22
what-to-do

Well look at it this way what to do, it has got that bad.

They are currently hiring new people and forcing the current work force on unpaid leave. How is this legally possible? I knew the sandpit was bad with employment rights but I thought there were some. Reminds me why I will never go back to the Middle East.

Desertboki
7th Oct 2021, 13:27
transport jock

Do not worry about the reply. Probably fatigued from the new current rosters of all night flights.

jadrolinija
7th Oct 2021, 17:31
Does Fly dubai have any age limit restrictions for command upgrade like Emirates?
​​

3cy3D
8th Oct 2021, 05:49
Hi guys, does anyone got online test email, after completing application with well amount of Airbus hours?

CMT82
8th Oct 2021, 09:02
Hi guys , i did my application yesterday eve for first officer direct entry , but apparently i don't comply the minimum requirements, 9000+ tft and around 1000 on 737,is anybody around been accepted, just to make up my mind ...

SVC1972
8th Oct 2021, 10:17
Says accepting Non Type Rated Captain applications but rejects the application even though had flown the 737 within last 3 years

Johnthemidjit
8th Oct 2021, 10:20
Rejected probally due to server crash

I was accepted as NTR . .

jacekgfly
8th Oct 2021, 13:29
3cy3D

Got the mail, is there any prep for this online test?

Byrne11
8th Oct 2021, 13:30
Can anyone give me an insight into life at FlyDubai? Is there any night stops, how many hours per month etc? I've seen a few salaries floating around online so im assuming that's the still the ball park figure. TR FO 2000 hours on the 737, fed up of my current job in Europe. I've the online tests to do over the coming days but trying to gauge what its like.

bettigio
8th Oct 2021, 14:55
Johnthemidjit

Me too, NTR. Immediately accepted.
I've already done the online test (resembles the EasyJet one). Now there's the so called "interview" alone, where I have to video record my answers to 5-6 questions.

bettigio
8th Oct 2021, 14:59
jacekgfly

It's easy, only the multi-tasking calculations (only subtractions and additions, easy) steal some precious time during the exercise.

Desertboki
8th Oct 2021, 15:04
Byrne11

if
By all means guys apply and do the assessment etc. I would not advise taking this job. There will be a lot better jobs on offer soon. You will be in a holding pool for a long time. If you think 8 days off a month flying around with mixed days and nights (fatiguing) this is the job for you. 737 rated? Guess what,they will bond you again for 3 years. Annual leave? You will not see a summer of Christmas for at least 10 years. You will probably be assigned leave by the company as none you bid for will be rewarded. All that will dressed like a taxi driver/ zoo keeper in bowling shoe. It will be well worth you time to ask current pilots about the current pay situation too.

Flaperon777
8th Oct 2021, 15:19
Gentlemen.
Applied for the Captain position NTR.
Got an email to complete some online assessments within 5 days. It’s getting me anxious. Anyone who has gone thru these assessments, please kindly assist with what to expect on this initial online assessment(s). Would be highly appreciated indeed. Need this job fairly desperately.
Many thanks in advance guys …

olster
8th Oct 2021, 15:40
What to do, you are spot on with your amusing and accurate quip ref the management of fz, The only worse management incumbent was DR who was a Walter Mitty par extraordinaire and generally created chaos contributing to the Swiss cheese resulting in a hull loss. Caveat emptor is the advice.

bettigio
8th Oct 2021, 20:21
Jester64

Additional. Once you complete the test, you receive an email for the video "interview".

bettigio
8th Oct 2021, 20:24
Desertboki

Sure, but I've been unemployed for 18 consecutive months, with debts growing by day. 3 years bond? PERFECT! Low salary? For someone who earned 0 in the last 18 months, I'll take it and I will even thank them.

Old King Coal
8th Oct 2021, 21:12
Olster,
Whilst DR might come a close 2nd, memory has it that the 'Walter Mitty par extraordinaire' was none other than the living legend in his own lunchtime, the 'black ops' aficionado, the author of the 'Duck & Dive' procedure, FZ's very own 'Spaceman' !

AIMINGHIGH123
8th Oct 2021, 22:06
I also applied to FZ. Did all the tests and online interview. Could have done better at the tests but hey it’s done now.

Like someone else said 18 months of no income. Debts growing daily here. Living in the UK and had 0 help from the government. They couldn’t give a rats ****. Uk license all but useless now.
Anyway from people I know who worked and a fair few at FZ it’s really not that bad. Aviation is 24/7/365. If you want 9-5 with weekends and Xmas off plenty of dull office jobs.

Fingers crossed for all those who are looking to get back into the flight deck.

Desertboki
9th Oct 2021, 04:10
bettigio, that’s fine by me. I know times are hard. There are lots in flydubai in the same position. There are no bankruptcies laws in the UAE. If you get into debt there, you go to jail. Do not trust the Middle East to solve you financial woes. Do your research and ask current pilots should you join this company with the current situation. None will advise joining. Better jobs will turn up. You could be waiting another 18 months before a start date.

olster
9th Oct 2021, 04:27
OKC you are absolutely correct. I had completely forgotten about him. Hilarious retrospectively. Cheers.

ak_bazhenov
9th Oct 2021, 08:32
What about salary of FO? Less than 30k AED? Has it changed after covid?

Jacky_tg26
9th Oct 2021, 15:22
How about the test? It's change from last assessment or not?
Many thanks.

Nazdarovye
9th Oct 2021, 16:19
What's the pay they're offering to new hires?

Leasky
9th Oct 2021, 16:51
How long it get to get the mail for video interview after completing the online assessment

737 CL
9th Oct 2021, 17:11
anybody knows the average pay for captains?

Leasky
9th Oct 2021, 17:38
So if you dont receive it that mean you fail?

Byrne11
9th Oct 2021, 18:40
Any advice for the test? What is there involved, I’ve received the email with 5 days to complete with 0 idea what to expect.

Thanks

Nazdarovye
9th Oct 2021, 18:52
latestpilotjobs has interview assessment for FZ

Desertboki
9th Oct 2021, 19:43
Hosebike

Spot on about what ? It’s very vague to say I work days and nights. I had 10 days off a month before .10 off month a month working a in a 24/7 operation. From memory the contract is 8 legal days off a month. Have you seen his colleges roster from FZ 981 or the aerobatics of FZ1736 a few years ago? I heard it was very similar to Rostov. What improvements have they made to rostering safety since? Last I heard the GCAA had approved 17 hour duty days.

737a
9th Oct 2021, 19:51
Any clue how many hrs do they start upgrading FOs? I believe it is not that terrible after all better than serving at Starbucks. Is there any sort of progression?

Nazdarovye
9th Oct 2021, 19:59
Desertboki

You do sound like a sour ex employee 😂 Roster really isn't that bad. Mix of nights, day flights and layovers. And we rarely get to do those long days that the GCAA has approved. After the "aerobatics" of said flight, our night deadheads were immediately cancelled. So FZ had done something about it..

Nazdarovye
9th Oct 2021, 20:01
737a

Big bottleneck of upgrades now but should start in the near future. Upgrade requirements are 4000 TT, 2000 on NG's (Classics and jurassics don't count) and 2 years in company.

5th job loss
9th Oct 2021, 21:07
So i just applied for the DEC Position through their website . Can anybody let me know how much time they took to get a reply from flydubai regarding the assessment .

Thanks

Flaperon777
10th Oct 2021, 00:15
Has anybody managed to do the initial online assessment on an iPad. Does it work please. I don’t want to start the assessment only to find that iPad is not compatible ! 🙄
Thanks

Python27
10th Oct 2021, 01:44
Read your email with the "tips before start".

Flaperon777
10th Oct 2021, 05:39
Thanks. I did. Which is exactly why I’m asking here again. The LPJ modules seem to run fine on the iPad. And the complex/multitasking games work better on touch screen. So I assumed that maybe the same may be true of the actual assessments and they might work on iPad.

Desertboki
10th Oct 2021, 06:51
Nazdarovye

So all night dead heads have stopped for good now? How about day dead heads are they still going ? JV introduced AIMs for planning. Swaps, bidding etc. I heard it’s suspended indefinitely. What system are they using now ? How does it work ?