PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20

framer
9th Apr 2017, 11:36
No changes at all, just a big declaration from chief pilots office that there was no connection between the crash and fatigue.
How on earth did he determine that? He must be amazing if he can figure that out. Nice of him to tell you once he knew for sure.

what-to-do
9th Apr 2017, 12:10
There isn't a single person or department within Flydubai who can diagnose or confirm if a person is or has suffered from fatigue. This is the job of an AME.

Shortly after the crash, a number of ASRs were released to RT. A large proportion of those ASRs were related to fatigue in one way or another. If the chief pilot or his office :yuk:, were remotely concerned with fatigue in FZ, he (they) would have been compelled to investigate. Furthermore, if the GCAA was doing its job, it too, would have felt compelled to investigate.

I also know of pilots who have been signed off sick by an AME with fatigue. Had an AME not done so, FZ would have simply recorded the issue as sick and deducted the days from the pilots sick leave entitlement and left it at that.

They are not interested and never have been, and the fact that the 'chief pilots office' has said that fatigue played no part in the incident, demonstrates the utter contempt they have for safety.

My suggestion is to wait for the investigation to be concluded and see what comes out then. To do otherwise is pointless.

BrownCondor
11th Apr 2017, 07:50
Did anyone get a response from Flydubai for further assessment after their Video interview? It has been about a month since I did my video interview and so far nothing.

737seeker
11th Apr 2017, 19:58
... and it's been days since i completed the online assessment but no invitation for video interview yet. how long do they normally take to give feedback ?

applied for type rated FO position

F2L
11th Apr 2017, 21:23
They aren't hiring...

Hispeedflutr
11th Apr 2017, 22:20
Just got this from them yesterday

Dear Candidate,

Hope you are doing well. We will be soon working on the start dates for our candidates from successful pool.

1. Please advise if you still want to be considered to be offered by us?

2. Also please advise what is your notice period in your current company.

Best Regards,

Recruitment Officer

BrownCondor
12th Apr 2017, 08:49
They aren't hiring...

Why are they recruiting then? Do you know when they will start hiring again. I read all the negative comments about FZ but it beats what I have right now so I am eager to try

F2L
12th Apr 2017, 12:11
Friends who inquire HR about assessments got this: " no assessments for a few months ".

They may have enough candidates from talent pool to supply them at the moment.

babydash_83
12th Apr 2017, 22:46
I got the same email few days ago. I replied to them and answered both questions in the format and i got a response saying that they will start classes post July, most likely August 2017. And the classes will be offered to the candidates from the pool they have based on when they interviewed and to the candidates with the shortest notice period to their current airlines. Anyone has a recent training gouge or materials, i can get so i can study and get a head start before I start class. Thank you.

Just got this from them yesterday

Dear Candidate,

Hope you are doing well. We will be soon working on the start dates for our candidates from successful pool.

1. Please advise if you still want to be considered to be offered by us?

2. Also please advise what is your notice period in your current company.

Best Regards,

Recruitment Officer

Luibar
12th Apr 2017, 23:06
So, if they aren't hiring why they are advertising vacancies for both TR and NTR? Apparently there are pilots doing online assessments... :confused:

LivingINtheDream
19th Apr 2017, 10:12
Have any DEC's been offered a course date following the latest email from the recruiting team?

Trimmaster
24th Apr 2017, 13:12
When is flydubai strating the Mombasa,Kenya route?

High Energy
24th Apr 2017, 14:53
When is flydubai strating the Mombasa,Kenya route?

No one knows.

Crashlanding
24th Apr 2017, 15:04
Just like our rosters then, 6 days to the end of the month and still not released, fingers crossed it's tonight

Crashlanding
24th Apr 2017, 15:05
Beat you by seconds lol

It's like our May rosters, we know it's coming but nobody has a clue when :}

F2L
27th Apr 2017, 19:42
I heard that some TR guys have been offered Start date, in june, Anyone knows if they will have training courses more often in the second part of the year?

FTBJ
28th Apr 2017, 06:08
Were told that the NTR guys will get invited for the second part of the evaluation in Jun, starting dates most probably in Nov.

F2L
28th Apr 2017, 12:45
They Must have a lot of candidates in the talent pool, I have A colleague who was interviewed in OCT/16 for NTR FO and still waiting for start date... TR guys who did the assessment with him already start or Will start in june.

F2L
28th Apr 2017, 14:25
Maybe.... I did the assessment in december, still waiting for start date!

F2L
28th Apr 2017, 14:33
So you received an email informing you had been successful? If so, in mine and friends of mine experiences one normally is/are given a start date on receipt of said email.

I receive the approval email, and in this email was saying to standby for start date.... still waiting

F2L
28th Apr 2017, 14:38
:ok::ok: !!!

PrunePrune
28th Apr 2017, 20:35
I was interviewed (NTR) in October and received a start date in December. Friends (NTR) were interviewed in November and given a start date in January. Did your friend actually receive a positive result ("you have been successful" email) after his final interview?
I also have NTR friends who did initial interviews in January who have been invited back for the final sim interview beginning of June.

Perhaps your friend wasn't quite as successful as he thought?

What about Second Officer ? Most of them are done with GCAA theoretical ATPL, some are even waiting since august 2016 and none of them has a start date. Would be really fair if you start before them.

dubaigong
29th Apr 2017, 00:26
FAIR !!!
If considering coming here , don't even think about being treated fairly...
That's a word that you can not find in their vocabulary.

F2L
29th Apr 2017, 00:37
What about Second Officer ? Most of them are done with GCAA theoretical ATPL, some are even waiting since august 2016 and none of them has a start date. Would be really fair if you start before them.

We never know their logic in hiring pilots....

Batsquat
30th Apr 2017, 13:35
Hi everybody,
I just received an email to go there and do the final interview and sim. My question would be if i have to go by myself, meaning paying all plane ticket, hotel and so on by me? Is it the way in FlyDubai?

F2L
30th Apr 2017, 18:06
Hi everybody,
I just received an email to go there and do the final interview and sim. My question would be if i have to go by myself, meaning paying all plane ticket, hotel and so on by me? Is it the way in FlyDubai?

Have you done group exercises and HR interview ? Or you going to do all assessment?

You need to pay everything!

PilotD12
1st May 2017, 08:23
Did assessment in August last year in Dubai, tickets and hotel was paid by flydubai. I even asked for a flight a day later as what they planned and I paid the hotel a extra night myself in order to see some friends in Dubai, was not a problem at all..

Maybe they have changed it and they let the candidates pay, another cost saving thing?

ReducedThrust
2nd May 2017, 05:43
Hello Guys.

I did my interview with Fly Dubai in January , till now they haven't called me for a sim but have invited people who did interview one week after me for simulator.Its really sad , i waited three months , didn't even apply any where else because i wanted a dubai base job .
Now i think i should try emirates because i got a reply saying your sim would be planned in a few months. I wonder how many months do they need as its already been three months.

Feeling Disappointed.FYI I am 320 rated 1200 hrs 734 1600 TT 4000

Vansimac
2nd May 2017, 08:33
Previously they did sim together with the assessment. There is an opportunity of failure sim.
Looks like they starting haring again.

BrownCondor
2nd May 2017, 09:45
Have you done group exercises and HR interview ? Or you going to do all assessment?

You need to pay everything!
If it is not changed you have to cover all costs. When did you complete yoir video interview?

zuko
7th May 2017, 05:08
Does anyone knows How much money maximum we can expect to receive from Flydubai as an Education support for my kids please?

High Energy
7th May 2017, 09:08
Does anyone knows How much money maximum we can expect to receive from Flydubai as an Education support for my kids please?

IIRC it's 44,000 aed for primary and 66,000 aed for secondary. Max 3 children and they start paying from age 3 onwards.

tony the jesus
7th May 2017, 12:26
Hi,

IIRC it's 44,000 aed for primary and 66,000 aed for secondary.

187 AED per flight hour

The briefing package they send for the assessment states 40,000 aed for primary, 60,000 aed for secondary and 175 aed flying pay per block hour. Have they reduced the terms and conditions?

Thank you.

High Energy
7th May 2017, 12:55
Hi,

The briefing package they send for the assessment states 40,000 aed for primary, 60,000 aed for secondary and 175 aed flying pay per block hour. Have they reduced the terms and conditions?

Thank you.

No. The briefing pack is wrong. My figures are correct.

dubaigong
7th May 2017, 17:55
High Energy , are you sure ?
Unless you have internal info directly from HR , it is possible that they plan to push the terms and conditions down due to the Financial situation as they have done before by introducing a new pay scale...

High Energy
7th May 2017, 18:14
High Energy , are you sure ?
Unless you have internal info directly from HR , it is possible that they plan to push the terms and conditions down due to the Financial situation as they have done before by introducing a new pay scale...

Nothing is certain here, as you know, but the other figures were the old ones, 100% sure. ESS shows my claimable amount is 44K for 2017/2018. If anything they need to raise the allowance by at least 20%!

F2L
8th May 2017, 14:27
Anyone got a start date or any news about training courses?

zuko
14th May 2017, 08:30
Anyone can explain me about ID tickets for FZ? How does it work? Even my parents n brother are able to use it with no limit? Can you get a bussiness class ticket if you pay the extra or something.

Cheers

chai ja
14th May 2017, 11:33
Hello all, is there any agreement between EY and FZ to not take eachothers pilots at all?
Thanks in advance

High Energy
14th May 2017, 13:50
Hello all, is there any agreement between EY and FZ to not take eachothers pilots at all?
Thanks in advance

Yes there is. No Flydubai pilot can go to EY unlss you leave the country for 6 months (or now 1 year?) and you cancel your visa. But this is the ME. Rules are made and relaxed how it suits one. You just never know.

dhc8d
20th May 2017, 10:22
Hello
Can anyone please tell me if you fail the online test how long you have to wait to reapply again?
And if you don't take the test when they send you the link do yoi have to apply again or how does it works?
Thanks in advance

Luibar
20th May 2017, 15:00
If they send the link and you don't do the test expect a rejection letter. I do not know how it works as I never applied but it is what I would expect to happen. Just my two cents anyway...

tony the jesus
21st May 2017, 18:09
Hi,

Is Flydubai considering any adjustment on the salary to face the VAT introduction next year?

Thank you.

F2L
21st May 2017, 19:57
Hi,

Is Flydubai considering any adjustment on the salary to face the VAT introduction next year?

Thank you.

No more tax free salary next year?

High Energy
21st May 2017, 21:34
Hi,

Thank you.

Have not heard a whisper of such a thing yet but I can tell you what will happen when it doesn't get offset...🤔

dubaigong
22nd May 2017, 02:41
What will happen ? NOTHING... as usual in FZ
People will just moan and complain on the flight deck

CaptZeloZelo
27th May 2017, 22:45
No more tax free salary next year?

A simple 2 second google search found the answer...
" The UAE is not currently considering personal income taxes, however,” said the Ministry of Finance."

FxxMeAmFamous
29th May 2017, 18:15
Good evening Everyone,

Someone done assessment in dubai this month?
Any details on the Group exercises and the sim?

All the details would be much appreciated.

tano1226
30th May 2017, 00:56
Hi everyone,
Someone have any info about the assessment in DUBAI? It is only the group exercise, medical exam and the sim or all the test?
Thank you very much!!

F2L
30th May 2017, 12:07
I did few months ago,

It was group exercises, HR interview, medical then sim assessment.

Regards

tano1226
30th May 2017, 22:21
I did few months ago,

It was group exercises, HR interview, medical then sim assessment.

Regards

thank you very much

jetjockey696
8th Jun 2017, 11:20
I see Fly Dubai looking for more hard workings workers... only looking for best and most fatigue professional pilots :} I hope the working schedule, benefits and salary has improved.. Do they provide a free ticket/hotel to the assessment center??

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/flydubai-looking-grow-its-pilot-team-nils-stanislav-hamsa?trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3Bf%2BTdH43uef0P%2BL EUQyfseA%3D%3D

captain.weird
8th Jun 2017, 22:13
I see Fly Dubai looking for more hard workings workers... only looking for best and most fatigue professional pilots :} I hope the working schedule, benefits and salary has improved.. Do they provide a free ticket/hotel to the assessment center??

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/flydubai-looking-grow-its-pilot-team-nils-stanislav-hamsa?trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3Bf%2BTdH43uef0P%2BL EUQyfseA%3D%3D

Out of curosity, where are you flying these days? Also in the ME3?

CaptZeloZelo
13th Jun 2017, 16:59
Anyone have any updates as to how quickly you get a reply from FZ HR once you've completed the HIREVUE "interview"? Thanks!

Vansimac
14th Jun 2017, 09:46
Anyone have any updates as to how quickly you get a reply from FZ HR once you've completed the HIREVUE "interview"? Thanks!

in my case it was 5 days

nosegears
15th Jun 2017, 21:23
Does anyone here know if FZ is hiring NTR again ?

Any news from lasts months.

And does anybody here tried the selection process by CTC Aviation in Southampton ?

FxxMeAmFamous
17th Jun 2017, 07:57
Dear All, Can anyone enlighten me about the referee letter?
Flydubai contact our current company?
Whats the ideia?

Normally your company dont like to know that you are trying other airliners and looking for other place to work.

Whats the ideia?
when do they contact your employer?
what they ask?
anyone one please let me know

nosegears
7th Aug 2017, 13:06
Anyone who are scheduled for September or October assessment ?

Anyone who did the assessment recently ?

HVYMETAL
20th Aug 2017, 21:41
Scheduled for September assessment. They said the sim is on day 3, but I saw and have heard about people coming back for a second sim? What is the medical like?

nosegears
21st Aug 2017, 03:57
Scheduled for September assessment. They said the sim is on day 3, but I saw and have heard about people coming back for a second sim? What is the medical like?

I am for October.

They said medical is basic blood test, earing test and eye test.

Please give me a feedback after your join.

Good luck and hope you will get success

nosegears
30th Aug 2017, 17:00
OK, I have read the last 100 pages, man what a ride! All the ups and downs! Can any kind soul please advise the best way to prepare for the online testing? Latest pilot jobs? If it was mentioned in the first 80 pages of this thread then please accept my apologies.

We have many pilots scheduled for set and oct interviews on latest pilot jobs

If you want join there.

PropDude
1st Sep 2017, 19:02
Anyone going to Dubai in the 10th of October?

captainpluto
4th Sep 2017, 14:43
Any idea what's with the India assessment centre??

captainpluto
10th Sep 2017, 11:34
Hey anyone coming for the 19th Sept assessment in Dubai?

airborneksa
15th Sep 2017, 21:01
does anyone know qualification of the lady who did interview these days. Met my ex-crew as they had left seat experience, but she had no clue of memory items and at a point, a question was asked, what is glide slope! has flydubai reached a point of no return?.

DH8_driver
4th Oct 2017, 05:08
Hey folks,
So long story short, I am Dash8 Skipper up in Canada who was bored one day and decided to find something new so I go and apply to FlyDubai (and a few other jet operators)...3 days later I get up in the morning, take a couple of sips of my coffee and check my email and here I find an email from FlyDubai to do an online assessment. I figured how hard can it be, right? well needless to say I don't think I did well at all (specially on the flying through the tunnel game) and some of the math question where a total guess cause I didn't know some formulas from grade 10 and there was no time. Or maybe I just needed more coffee.

Anyways, how long does it take to know if they are going thro to the next step or not. If not, how long do I have to wait to reapply?

Thanks

Tasmanian
4th Oct 2017, 11:04
My experience was:
Day 1 - application on the website
- same day receive invitation to do online tests
Day 2 - tests are done - invitation to do online tests
Day 3 - online interview
Day 4 - invitation for an interview
After interview - positive results not more than a week after!

Cheers!

DH8_driver
4th Oct 2017, 14:34
My experience was:
Day 1 - application on the website
- same day receive invitation to do online tests
Day 2 - tests are done - invitation to do online tests
Day 3 - online interview
Day 4 - invitation for an interview
After interview - positive results not more than a week after!
Cheers!

Thank you Tasmanian,

I got the oneline interview shorty after my post above, does that mean I passed the online assessment?

What was the timeline between the call for the interview and the interview itself?

Thanks

DH8_driver

DH8_driver
4th Oct 2017, 16:04
DH8_driver,
won't let me PM you. Can you PM me I got info for you. Or if you don't mind sharing your avcanada username I could message you.
;)

Message sent, thanks!

Tasmanian
5th Oct 2017, 13:14
You can choose the date you are able to attend, but all was quick!

FoxForce44
5th Oct 2017, 15:23
Does FZ pay for the travel and HOTAC if you get invited for an interview in dxb??

No. And sometimes you must pay for the simulator session

DH8_driver
5th Oct 2017, 15:52
Hey folks.

I was just wondering, so if a candidate gets the online video interview invite (which I did and submitted already) after completing online assessment does that mean they actually passed the online assessment portion of the process? Or do they wait till they have both then make a decision? I know it is pretty much Friday in Dubai now so I probably won't hear anything till next week. Just a little anxious.
Thanks

DH8_driver
5th Oct 2017, 19:30
You can choose the date you are able to attend, but all was quick!

Thanks for the info Tasmanian!

High Energy
6th Oct 2017, 11:01
No. And sometimes you must pay for the simulator session

Really? Has that changed? Flydubai as far as I know pay for inbound travel (yourself deffo and for your family once their VISA's are ready), hotac only for yourself during 1 month, transport from hotel to HQ (not CAE!) where needed and no need to pay for sims. Never heard of is before. Maybe that's for the cadet program?

jetjockey696
6th Oct 2017, 17:46
Dont forget the small print:

"He/she will also be operating the aircraft in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius and as high as 50 degree Celsius and will be required to fly at anytime during a 24 hour period subject to GCAA flight time limitations. There are multiple hazards when operating aircraft and the employee will be required to take all steps necessary to mitigate those hazards as far as possible. The employee may be required to operate in environments and countries designated at war zones"

High Energy
6th Oct 2017, 17:52
Dont forget the small print:

"He/she will also be operating the aircraft in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius and as high as 50 degree Celsius and will be required to fly at anytime during a 24 hour period subject to GCAA flight time limitations. There are multiple hazards when operating aircraft and the employee will be required to take all steps necessary to mitigate those hazards as far as possible. The employee may be required to operate in environments and countries designated at war zones"

Correct. A quick look at the destination map reveals several war zones and 'tense regions'. In summer time the Middle East can reach 53+c (highest I've seen it here) and in winter time we reach Russian destinations down to -30c. No rocket science. And yes we fly round the clock like everyone else in the Middle East.

DH8_driver
9th Oct 2017, 14:45
Hey Folks, I did my online assessment last Wednesday and the video interview on Thursday but haven't heard anything back yet. Do they usually send you a "sorry for your luck" email if you didn't make it through?
I know it is early and the process takes a little patience but kind of curious/anxious.

enrique757
9th Oct 2017, 21:43
Hey Folks, I did my online assessment last Wednesday and the video interview on Thursday but haven't heard anything back yet. Do they usually send you a "sorry for your luck" email if you didn't make it through?
I know it is early and the process takes a little patience but kind of curious/anxious.

EXACT same boat as you... I'll PM you if I get news

DH8_driver
9th Oct 2017, 22:59
EXACT same boat as you... I'll PM you if I get news

Good to know, and I will do the same!

cessna95
10th Oct 2017, 01:00
I got the interview email invite last sunday. now I have to choose which dates are convenient for me to go to DXB.

next step is for them to get me a ticket on the network. still waiting for the positive news.

DH8_driver
10th Oct 2017, 01:13
I got the interview email invite last sunday. now I have to choose which dates are convenient for me to go to DXB.

next step is for them to get me a ticket on the network. still waiting for the positive news.
Hey Cessna95, how long after your online assessment and video interview did you get the email for the interview? Thanks

Underrated and Moderated
10th Oct 2017, 13:57
Hi folks,

I got the online tests done....had almost immediate response re the interview....and this is where I let the team down a tad and failed to get it done within the 5 days period.....TWICE!! They were very cool about it. I then did it and during question 2, my computer had a bit of a "moment" and it threw me slightly as it skipped to question 3!! Quick bit of composure and thought and off I rambled. Received dates for assessment ranging from November 17 to end of Jan 18....just need to pick (thinking of early December if anyone else here is going then, let me know via PM as I "may have" some inside info regarding sim stuff for you). I received that email about a week after the online interview.

Hope this helps someone.

Forgive me for not reading back very far at all....but wondered what the group exercise stuff is like? I'm from a Corporate background and haven't had to do such things before....:ok:

DH8_driver
10th Oct 2017, 19:05
Hi folks,

I got the online tests done....had almost immediate response re the interview....and this is where I let the team down a tad and failed to get it done within the 5 days period.....TWICE!! They were very cool about it. I then did it and during question 2, my computer had a bit of a "moment" and it threw me slightly as it skipped to question 3!! Quick bit of composure and thought and off I rambled. Received dates for assessment ranging from November 17 to end of Jan 18....just need to pick (thinking of early December if anyone else here is going then, let me know via PM as I "may have" some inside info regarding sim stuff for you). I received that email about a week after the online interview.

Hope this helps someone.

Forgive me for not reading back very far at all....but wondered what the group exercise stuff is like? I'm from a Corporate background and haven't had to do such things before....:ok:

Hey, thanks for the info! I believe Latest Pilot Jobs has a good prep course with few simulated scenarios. I found some candidates experience online when I googled the process too. Think of it as a personality test, don't be the guy you wouldn't want to be paired with for a few days and you will be ok.

cessna95
11th Oct 2017, 01:36
Hey Cessna95, how long after your online assessment and video interview did you get the email for the interview? Thanks
Got the email 2 days after.

You might want to follow up with ms. Bota of HR

DH8_driver
11th Oct 2017, 01:52
Got the email 2 days after.

You might want to follow up with ms. Bota of HR

Thanks for the info. I will give it a few more days and if no contact I will get in touch. I just don't want to come across to them as pushy. :ok:

Underrated and Moderated
11th Oct 2017, 13:25
Hi folks,

Requested a day myself in December....anyone else thinking of going then?? Let me know if you are and maybe we can hook up. :ok: I still haven't had a reply....maybe HR got bored of me asking? :ooh:

It's a big step....major life change....obviously, there are people on PPRUNE, that are here to air their grievances etc.....and thats understandable, but are there any FZ guys/gals on here that are lurking/reading, that might like to share some positive news...?

I see/hear that there are plans to do a recruitment day/s in the UK (aimed at the poor Monarch peeps maybe...?)....are any of you thinking of waiting for those dates to come out?

U and M

High Energy
11th Oct 2017, 17:28
Hi folks,

Requested a day myself in December....anyone else thinking of going then?? Let me know if you are and maybe we can hook up. :ok: I still haven't had a reply....maybe HR got bored of me asking? :ooh:

It's a big step....major life change....obviously, there are people on PPRUNE, that are here to air their grievances etc.....and thats understandable, but are there any FZ guys/gals on here that are lurking/reading, that might like to share some positive news...?

I see/hear that there are plans to do a recruitment day/s in the UK (aimed at the poor Monarch peeps maybe...?)....are any of you thinking of waiting for those dates to come out?

U and M

Don't worry. There are folk on the line who love the job, including myself. Yes it is not perfect but which job is... It all depends on what you find interesting and what you want out of the job. But it's easier to keep quiet and avoid the typical burn.

Underrated and Moderated
12th Oct 2017, 09:27
Don't worry. There are folk on the line who love the job, including myself. Yes it is not perfect but which job is... It all depends on what you find interesting and what you want out of the job. But it's easier to keep quiet and avoid the typical burn.

HE.....thanks for taking the time and sticking your neck out and saying "Yeah....I quite like it mate!"

I knew a Captain there who was tired of it and went back to Spain to fly for RyanPants. He messaged the other day to say that whilst his wife and family were back, where they came from (he was actually Argentinian himself), he said he missed the money, the decent folk he flew with and the interesting routes. Prior to leaving, he said he was considering a commuting contract to the Far East and is already looking at doing that again, from Spain, because he just doesn't enjoy what he is doing now, as much as FZ.

I'm going for it with eyes open and a long term goal. I have been in the Corporate jet World for years and become disillusioned by it. The corner cutting. The wage cutting. The back stabbing....its all a bit too "personal" for want of a better expression. I'd like to fly the Boeing. I'd like to gain a Command again on one at some point and I'd like the chance to challenge myself in an airline environment. I am under no illusion that FZ will be an easy job/walk in the park....but am expecting it to be pretty tough.

I'm going to risk sounding (more...) like a dunce now....how does the whole "bidding" system work for time off for annual leave etc?? I'm not after any yet...just like to know how it works at an airline...never having dealt with it in the past.

Cheers all.....

High Energy
12th Oct 2017, 12:18
HE.....thanks for taking the time and sticking your neck out and saying "Yeah....I quite like it mate!"

I knew a Captain there who was tired of it and went back to Spain to fly for RyanPants. He messaged the other day to say that whilst his wife and family were back, where they came from (he was actually Argentinian himself), he said he missed the money, the decent folk he flew with and the interesting routes. Prior to leaving, he said he was considering a commuting contract to the Far East and is already looking at doing that again, from Spain, because he just doesn't enjoy what he is doing now, as much as FZ.

I'm going for it with eyes open and a long term goal. I have been in the Corporate jet World for years and become disillusioned by it. The corner cutting. The wage cutting. The back stabbing....its all a bit too "personal" for want of a better expression. I'd like to fly the Boeing. I'd like to gain a Command again on one at some point and I'd like the chance to challenge myself in an airline environment. I am under no illusion that FZ will be an easy job/walk in the park....but am expecting it to be pretty tough.

I'm going to risk sounding (more...) like a dunce now....how does the whole "bidding" system work for time off for annual leave etc?? I'm not after any yet...just like to know how it works at an airline...never having dealt with it in the past.

Cheers all.....

I'm LHS and relatively senior so it's not really reflective of how your situation is gonna be. I know the junior guys have it very tough. BUT, the junior FO's have it easier than the junior Captains. There's a really big gradient between LHS and RHS in terms of what you can get bidding wise. Bidding works purely based on seniority. We are tight on Captains and I think are slightly over on the number of FO's requird. Having said that during the winter season we have more nightstops and that's heavy on crew. Basically you tell the system what you want to do. Days off and flights/stby's then get assigned according to your seniority and bid preference. There is a massive rumor that the system get's manipulated manually but I'm not getting mix up in that argument. Getting your days off when you want them is VERY difficult. And it can be very frustrating when the system throws in a stby just before your leave and after a batch of 4 days off. That's a discussion that's been going on for a long time. Hopefully one day we get a solution. Inshallah...

Basically as a junior guy you fly a lot of nights and body clock flips. For an FO that will change after about 1.5 year and you get some nice trips thrown in too. Stuff that you requested. For a new Captain that won't change for at least 3-5 years. (my guess) Hence some junior Captains are leaving early. The expansion with the MAX and associated rumored nightstops might change that a bit. But the nice thing about flydubai is being home every night so how attractive that is is left to be seen.

Leave works on the same seniority system too. Six round of bidding to assign 7 weeks of leave. The 1 golden day off bidding per month works in reverse seniority.

Underrated and Moderated
12th Oct 2017, 15:13
Thanks for this HE.

To be fair, as a Corporate jockey, I've spent most of my flying career, being away for weeks at a time and then getting a few days off between....and sometimes longer. However, whilst that can work well....and the time off is great, the time ON again, is filled with dread, as you go on to fly crazy long days (due to lack of regulatory authority.....I pulled 30-40 hour long days without rest, more times than I would like to think about)...have no idea when you are getting home....cant book holiday at all....so it's all horses for courses. As I have said previously, I believe that you need to go into these things with your eyes open. Sure, it's not perfect...show me a job that is and I will show you a waiting list of applicants to get into it, as high as the Empire State Building! Getting home every day is appealing.

Any idea what routes are rumoured? European?? More Far East? Just interested.

Seems to me....go in...pay your dues...move up the ranks slowly, but surely and have a rethink after 3 years if it isn't for you?? At least there are other opportunities in the Far East then...?

High Energy
12th Oct 2017, 18:16
Seems to me....go in...pay your dues...move up the ranks slowly, but surely and have a rethink after 3 years if it isn't for you?? At least there are other opportunities in the Far East then...?

Spot on. I've flown with a few ex-corporate guys and they (and their families) absolutely love it here. Tough at times but no way near how their corporate life used to be. The longest day we do is around 14hrs IIRC. (deadheads)

There are many rumored new routes ranging from Europe to the Far East. I'll believe it when we see the announcement. The big unknown is this unfolding Emirates partnership.

Underrated and Moderated
12th Oct 2017, 20:58
Its all the rage, chatting about it at EK too. My mate is an FO on the Triple for EK and he says the rumour has gone on and on for quite some time. My understanding is, that FZ are already "easing the burden" on some of the EK network, by fulfilling flights/codeshares with the 737, meaning EK aren't having to fly those routes with three quarters of the plane empty. Who know what a full partnership could mean for the crews up front and down back? Sideways moves for some? Similar recompense/deals on accommodation and transport??? Who knows?

So, are there particular parts that FZ families tend to live....?? Sorry H.E....I've thrown loads of questions at you!!! :ok:

High Energy
13th Oct 2017, 07:28
So, are there particular parts that FZ families tend to live....?? Sorry H.E....I've thrown loads of questions at you!!! :ok:

I think most families live in The Ranches, Springs, Meira, Downtown, Remraam, The Marina and JVC. Families with kids tend to choose a place close(er) to their kids school.

Underrated and Moderated
14th Oct 2017, 08:09
Thanks for all the answers H.E....much appreciated. I had been looking at the Ranches. Looks to me like the latest package from FZ re accommodation, will cover the basic rent of a decent place (nearly...have to throw some extra at it for an ideal spot).

So, does anyone have any idea of timespan involved if you go ahead and complete the final assessment/sim and get offered a position? Do they want you to move within weeks....months...?? I am just wondering how quick you, as a candidate, has to move (not just physically...I mean, in a get your :mad: into gear kind. of way!). I am thinking, have to sell up in the UK, sort out school and preschool for the kiddywinks....stick furniture into a container etc....seems like there would, obviously be, a massive upheaval prior to actually arriving.

Lastly (for now) peeps..... how long does the TR take at CAE?:ok:

U and M

Underrated and Moderated
15th Oct 2017, 09:07
Folks ..... thanks for all the responses. Really appreciate the time. :ok:

Will look at a few other areas as suggested. I was thinking I would need some additiona time to get sorted before the family joined me. I wonder what thentime span is from “Job offer “ to “Get your arse down here and start a course...!”??

Somewhat shocked to read people have quit during the TR at CAE due to abuse etc. Now, I have to say, I have been on initial type ratings where twice, people have wound the instructors up to the point of them letting rip.....first time, was on the Citation Sovereign where two guys talked and discussed in their native tongue, through the written exam. I was angry....as it was off putting and unnecessary....however, the instructor was livid and made them sit it again...different papers though and at different times and, the second time was on the Challenger initial I did where the guy I was with, refused to adhere to a particular procedure or checklist and got all shi**y about it when the sim instructor told him he had to do it a particular way. That was a case of the guy thinking he knew better ..... and didn’t....and I ended up telling the guy that if we wanted to get through the checkride, he’d better pull his socks up and do what was needed. What I am getting at is, maybe the guys getting abuse hurled at them, were not listening/paying attention....maybe they had literally wound the instructor up the point of “BOOM”?? Just interested....as I happen to know a couple of guys at CAE and neither are in any way, impatient and short tempered and take their job seriously...trying to ensure people have the required knowledge and beyond??

Thanks all

excrab
15th Oct 2017, 09:29
As had been said on here there are many choices of areas to live, best plan is to get here, do the type rating and look around, preferably with spouse and family before you choose an area to live in, and if you have school aged kids think about where you want them to go to school, and how you will get them there. School busses are expensive (although the education allowance should cover it). However the traffic is appalling at school run time, and if you live furthest from the school the bus can be picking up at 0630 every morning and the kids will be knackered.
It also might be an idea to consider letting your house in the UK if you can cover the mortgage, and putting furniture in storage. Its easy to ship
a container out here, but unless you're sure that you, and importantly the family, will be happy here it might be a good idea initially to keep a base in the UK.
Also don't be lulled into a false sense of security by the promise of a decent roster within 1 - 2 years. If you plan to upgrade to captain, at the moment people are upgrading after two years (not all, obviously as it depends on experience, ability and luck), and when you upgrade you are right back there getting all the flights the senior guys don't want, in the middle of the night, possibly with relevantly inexperienced F/Os, plus finding it difficult to have quality time at weekends or evenings with the family.

Underrated and Moderated
15th Oct 2017, 12:47
Thanks excrab......all makes sense. I think we may well keep the house in the UK if at all possible and try to get out to DXB in the New Year together, if I get through the selection process. I've had quite a few visits to DXB myself over the years (most rich folk go there for various reasons, in their pet jets).

I've actually seen they are having UK assessments in London next month (through different recruiter) and I may well try and get in on that.....I may have to ask Bota in HR very nicely! I have a couple of issues that I need to clear up (electronic logbook....and last recurrent was last year...but then, I'm not rated on 738 anyway...!). Would be easier than travelling to DXB etc.

I think I may have asked before...but not sure if there was a definitive answer. What is the approx time from "Zero to Hero" re the TR course? Also, I guess there is a licence conversion process....

High Energy
15th Oct 2017, 16:17
I really think coming without family is the best option. From getting the job offer to passing the linecheck took me exactly 4 months. I had almost six weeks between job offer and starting. It could have been 1 week but that was too quick for me. Now I'd wish I'd taken that offer as I would have been quite a bit higher in seniority. I remember we had full classes every 10 days or so.

I believe that flydubai still does not officially give you the housing allowance cheque untill you've passed your final linecheck successfully. BUT there is a workaround they apply for you to get the allownce earlier. Basically have your other halve look at propertyfinder.me and search areas and get a rough idea for what you both want. Then go have a look after you've done your groundschool.

Underrated and Moderated
15th Oct 2017, 19:09
Thanks H.E. It all makes sense.

I do have some other complications to figure out for family and healthcare (long, sad story), but this is something I would sort. I'm due to go to DXB for the assessment in December. Who knows how I will get on, but will give it my best shot. The whole "Group exercise"thing is very new to me....but I am hoping that I will get on okay, otherwise I will be sat around in DXB for a few days having been kicked out at lunchtime on day one :ugh:....H.E.....I will buy you a drink if I am!!!

I am sure there are a load more questions....but I don't want to bug people, so will give a few days before I bring them up.... thanks all....awesome feedback :ok::ok:

Galaxy32
16th Oct 2017, 16:04
Hey all, Has anyone on here got some FZ roster examples?

Mr Angry from Purley
16th Oct 2017, 17:33
High Energy
There is a massive rumor that the system get's manipulated manually but I'm not getting mix up in that argument.

Does your roster say "P" on any of the days?

maverick175
16th Oct 2017, 19:47
I have been here with FlyDubai for a bit and after reading your post and response to another colleague regarding training, id like to provide you with more input about it. The company overall has its pros and cons like every airline does and the people on the line are generally all very cool and fun to fly with. However, training lately with CAE has been disgraceful. The three guys that were mentioned in the post that resigned earlier this summer in training were actually quite sharp and experienced. I had a chance to meet them during their training through another mutual friend. The instructor who gave them a hard time during training is the head of training at CAE and honestly he is a @ss for sure. He has failed many other pilots here at FZ during recurrent and two of these pilots filed a complaint against him with FZ and CAE corporate as he made racist remarks to them in the training which of course nobody accepts and used abusive language and created a hostile environment with them three. I am not surprised by that as i said I know few other FZ pilots who went through recurrent with him and they had the same experience. I just dont know why he is still instructing our pilots as he is a disgrace. The three pilots resigned were all from USA surprisingly and they each had 4k-5k total time with multiple type ratings each and were flying for US airlines back in the US, in fact one of them was already typed on the 737. So it is a total shame that we lost quality pilots because losing 3-4 pilots in a week for the same reason indicates a flaw in the CAE training program. Like my colleague above said, the instructor and the head of CAE there are all idiots apart from maybe few. There there just to get paid and check the box for you to show up to the training session. And honestly, they clearly make it clear to you that we are not here to spoonfeed or teach, just read the manuals and we can only guide you. So yes for someone who is not used to that, they will not like it here. So my best advice if you do come, just make sure you read the manuals and do everything by the book so nobody can point you out. And if you have that racist instructor from CAE, and you will know who he is as he is quite famous here for that, just do as he says and dont argue with him cause if you do he will make sure you wont go forward and will make it personal grudge against you, and find a reason to fail you out, like he did with pilots earlier this summer. Other than that the company itself is super nice and our CP is wonderful, its just i wish that soon they will have their in house training rather than relying on those idiots at CAE.

gtaflyer
19th Oct 2017, 14:08
Hi guys I have an DEC assessment next month anyone just done the assessment in September care to give feedback would sincerely appreciate it. Please pm me

Underrated and Moderated
20th Oct 2017, 14:26
Wouldn't mind as much info about assessments etc myself.... (quoting gta flyer above^^)

Surely, if the CAE instructor has repeated allegations made....they will smell a rat?! It is a shame it isn't done in house....I havent dealt with CAE (only ever FSI), however, I have a VERY good friend there on a different aircraft/program and he is super efficient...and well connected (top notch ex Cathay sort).

FZ seem to be losing and recruiting a lot, with the new aircraft always arriving and on the verge of more routes and some kind of hook up with EK....beyond the shared ownership/loyalty program....and I they recently binned a number of assessment days in IST, as there simply weren't enough candidates!! Says to me that they need pilots, cant get enough and good guys being washed out by ***holes, is seriously detrimental to their larger plans!!

Mr_ATPL
25th Oct 2017, 12:47
Any chance to see a few roster samples?
Thanks!

Underrated and Moderated
25th Oct 2017, 16:25
Guys don't sweat too much, they're so desperate they take anyone with a pulse these days

Bloody hell....I could be in with a shout....!!!!:ok:

neofj
27th Oct 2017, 19:19
Been reading this forum and have heard difffering views, my question is if someone were to join as an FO say in December, with the seniority as it stands, how long before before they could be considered for command ?

High Energy
27th Oct 2017, 19:50
Been reading this forum and have heard difffering views, my question is if someone were to join as an FO say in December, with the seniority as it stands, how long before before they could be considered for command ?

If you tick the right required boxes I'd say about 2 years. It can be around 18 months but currently the 'holding pool' for command is 4 months. It's down to you (50%) and 50% luck with who your examiners are. Upgrades are not based on seniority. Purely hours and simulator markers. Them markers are the ones unnessecarily stopping a lot of good guys.

The pool might get shorter once the new aircraft come in. Six more (all max 8) deliveries before years end, if these aircraft ever leave Amman that is. I think 10 or 12 aircraft coming next year with I'm guessing 3 or 4 retirements.
Current upgrade numbers are apparently enough to stop the Captains attrition rate, not the expansion. They aim to upgrade 6 FO's per month but realistically that number looks like 4 p/mnth that make it. And they still take DEC's.

737seeker
28th Oct 2017, 16:06
hi all,

i went all the way back to a year from now and couldn't find any info re: what to expect for assessment. any info very much appreciated.

anyone going for assessment in December ?

wishiwasupthere
29th Oct 2017, 02:07
Is the 1000 hour multi crew a hard limit for non type rated FO? Would I get a look in with 500hrs Saab FO (3500 hours total time, 3000 command, 500 hours multi turbine command)?

Crashlanding
29th Oct 2017, 07:32
Yes the 1000 is firm, you would have to do the second officer course, which would mean a 5 year bond non reducing, rather than the 3 year reducing bond

wishiwasupthere
29th Oct 2017, 08:20
Thanks mate.

Underrated and Moderated
30th Oct 2017, 14:36
hi all,

i went all the way back to a year from now and couldn't find any info re: what to expect for assessment. any info very much appreciated.

anyone going for assessment in December ?

Hello 737 Seeker....

I'm due to go for assessment in December. I can't say I am looking forward to it really, as I am new to all this "Group Exercise" stuff....! Not sure if there is a technical assessment too? Any info appreciated peeps....

U and M

DH8_driver
3rd Nov 2017, 14:11
Hey,

I have rather a unique situation here, I am going for my assessment in Dubai later this month and have a question regarding the pre-employment medical with Flydubai.

I currently have a BMI of 34.3 which according to the flawed BMI method I am class 1 obese. I workout (carry muscle) and have a husky built so I have always been on the heavy side of the scale but very healthy (just did a full physical with blood work and all and my numbers were all at or near optimal according to my physician)... Has anyone had this type of experience with the pre-employment medical? what do they do? Cheers

Fly.b737
6th Nov 2017, 10:31
Hi everybody,

I have a little over 500hrs on the B737 and a total of a little over 700.
Due to some minor medical reasons I lost my medical, but I have current medical again since last month. My last flight was about 2 years ago.

Do you think I could still enter as Direct entry FO, or will you go to a second officer function?

PilotD12
8th Nov 2017, 06:07
Any guys who are currently with flyDubai on this forum? If yes, does anybody know if it is possible to join Emirates if you are still in the bond with flyDubai?

High Energy
8th Nov 2017, 06:39
Any guys who are currently with flyDubai on this forum? If yes, does anybody know if it is possible to join Emirates if you are still in the bond with flyDubai?

I believe the answer to that one is no. Gentlemans agreement.

dubaigong
8th Nov 2017, 07:16
PilotD12,

If you follow a little bit what is going on here in the UAE , you should know that Emirates and Flydubai are working more and more together.
So I doubt that it will be allowed to move from one to another before the end of your bond and maybe even after...
This is a new situation for us.
Before it was possible to go from Flydubai to Emirates when your bond was expired but NOW who knows ?

PilotD12
8th Nov 2017, 07:30
Thanks guys for quick reply, thats exactly what I understood of a friend who got the answer on his application for Emirates to apply again after his 3 years bond. While I was told by some of our FZ colleagues that they know people who are accepted by Emirates within their bond so it probably has changed from the moment we are working more together..

I am asking because I was interested to make the same movement since we have our age limit in FZ for the upgrade which makes me wait for another two years to apply..

See you guys around

dubaigong
8th Nov 2017, 09:31
PilotD12,

It would have been the same in EK , they also have an age limit for the upgrade and if I remember properly it is higher than in FZ...

Crashlanding
8th Nov 2017, 09:31
It’s 3 years, I’ve known a few last year that applied before this period, ball started rolling and EK them realized they hadn’t done 3 years so was told to give then a nudge again at that point.

excrab
10th Nov 2017, 07:22
Cessna95

The group exercise is designed by HR people and is the same as all airlines.

They don't care how many bars of soap you think will be needed on the moon, or how many oxygen bottles to survive a ship wreck. What they care about is how you help the group come to that decision - do you shout over people? Do you say something? Do you say nothing?

And the bad news is that whatever people might like to think they are not so desperate that they will take anyone...

gb346
15th Nov 2017, 05:29
Hi All, just a few words about the Group Exercises as this seems to be the most discussed subject when talking about the selection process.

This process is used in various employment processes around the world and by many airlines to assess how you interact in a group and therefore how you would probably interact as a crew member.
NB : If you do not talk and do not contribute, the assessors have nothing to mark you on and you will not get through the process successfully. :ugh:

These are my thoughts from what I have experienced and in no way have any professional basis.

You will do 2 Group Exercises. It doesn't matter if the scenario is about a shipwreck/survival exercise or a discussion about an airline's expansion plans, the answer to the question posed or the presentation given at the end is not really that relevant. What is very relevant is the way it gets done and how each person in the group interacts and contributes.
The assessors want to see HOW you contribute and more importantly WHAT you contribute :
HOW - do you talk coherently, do you talk over other people and not allow others to speak. Do you support other ideas or do you run everyone else's comments down, do you you keep punting only the 1 point you want discussed. Do you try guide the conversation or do you dominate it. Do you try incorporate the quiet person in the corner who is trying to get a word in.
WHAT - Do you contribute value to the discussion, do you just say yes or just say no and contribute nothing else. Does what you are saying make sense and does it add value to someone else's point or is it a additional point that no one else has suggested. Do you provide some form of structure/guidance to the discussions if it seems to be going nowhere.

Think of being in the flight deck and having a discussion about an issue you experience during the flight. You need to listen to what is being said or open a discussion. Then either build on any suggestions (if it is a good proposal) or come up with a counter proposal if you feel the current proposal lacks substance or is flawed.
In the flight deck we do not run down other people's ideas, we critique them and either improve them where its needed (suggest fixes), or we come up with another proposal and "sell it" to the group. Its all about CRM - how you communicate.

When you open your mouth in the group discussions, it should be constructive even if you are disagreeing - "I like your suggestion but do you think that doing it this way ............ would have a better result?"

DO NOT :
- have your head down making notes and not listen to other contributions,
- keep interrupting everyone about the time running down, rather use that moment to contribute value to the discussion (if you are going to make any comments about the time - use the last minute to suggest summarising),
- keep interrupting just so your 1 point can be accepted,
- talk quietly or mumble. If you want to make a point talk clearly so the assessors can hear.
- if you are a fairly quiet person, DON'T volunteer to make notes of the discussion as this will distract you from contributing and you will end up going home early.

There is a lot of good info on group exercises online so do some research and most importantly - relax and contribute.

Many people say that this is a numbers game and that you can be awesome but they only want a certain number of people so once the quota is full, you go home. No, it doesn't work like that. FD need pilots, the right type of pilots. There are so many cultures in the cockpit at FD and if you are not going to fit in, the group exercises are the place to see this and the right time to make the cut.

Good luck

737seeker
16th Nov 2017, 03:36
Thank you so much mate !

zekeigo
21st Nov 2017, 05:33
Hi all.
Anyone knows if FZ contact the Current/Previous HR or Chief pilot using email or phone call?
Or it's like EK that sends a form for the Reference to fill it up?
Thank you all.

Killer Loop
21st Nov 2017, 05:53
FZ Email your references.

skytango1
29th Nov 2017, 11:01
Hi ALL...

Just completed my online video Interview 1 day ago.....i had 3 questions..

>>Tell us what you would bring to FZ.
>>Tell us how you would fit in this environment//or was it your working environment??
>>How best i can describe my self..

My link was a bit fuzzy tried moving and setting up in different areas of the house but guess its my crappy laptop..but i did get all the 3 GREENS on starting the setup..!!

How long before one gets to hear on the next steps?......Hr,Med,Sim.............

Hows the Med...?Put on some kilos lately..!!http://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif

Any info most appreciated guys..

skytango1
29th Nov 2017, 11:04
Hi Killer Loop.

When do they request for your References as i have had no info on that.??
Do they tolerate Refs from your present employer?

Thanks.................

DH8_driver
4th Dec 2017, 03:55
Anyone going to the assessment tomorrow? send me a PM and let's see if we can talk some interview preps. Cheers

captainpluto
6th Dec 2017, 14:11
Anyone coming for the 13 Dec assessment to Dubai?

skytango1
8th Dec 2017, 19:16
HI GUYS..

DH-8 and Capt..Pluto..will appreciate your genorosity to send back some info....HR//SIM//MED.....
Please PM me..most obliged guys..

>>>>>>>>>>Just got the email for assessment in Feb 2018..<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wish you guys all the best of Luck..hang tight..!!

Expertautorotator
13th Dec 2017, 06:27
DH-8 driver,

How did it go with the BMI issue?

Best of luck to all in this process.

Tailwind_741
11th Jan 2018, 18:51
Anyone coming for the 13 Dec assessment to Dubai?

Got my assesment in a few weeks... Kinda nervous.... How was your experience?

UK737
15th Jan 2018, 12:37
Hi Guys,
I am going next month to Dubai for the assessment.
Is the interview based on TMAAT question?
Did you get technical questions ?

thanks alot for you feedback

cheers

737seeker
15th Jan 2018, 14:19
i did mine in Dec 2017, unfortunately i did not make it. failed on sim. raw data was a mess.

interview: Nothing technical

group exercise in the morning. 2 groups of each 6 guys. the usual stuff. they r checking ur CRM. very simple. listen ! and give ur opinion ! apparently its tough for some people. about 2 sent home from each group.

almost all pass interview

catch is here. only couple of guys passed the sim in the end. so only 2 out of 12 made it.

sim is mostly raw data. that's it. bn so many moons since i did raw data on recurrent so failure was inevitable

UK737
20th Jan 2018, 10:09
737seeker

Thank you sir

alibasmacia
20th Jan 2018, 17:50
Hey,
Is anyone going to dubai on the 24th of april for the assessment? That's when I'm going, would be nice to get to know a few people before heading down there

glideslopealive
30th Jan 2018, 04:43
just completed my online video interview 10days ago. Anyone knows how long it takes before Flydubai contacts me to say if I passed or failed?

island_nomad
15th Feb 2018, 07:52
Hello guys, i've got my assessment scheduled for the 20th of feb; will highly appreciate feedback from those who did theirs earlier this month.
Thank you very much.

737boeing
17th Feb 2018, 08:09
if i will be accepted for the position after the assesment, how long it will take to inform me about the results. good luck everyone

bbymse
18th Feb 2018, 10:42
Hey guys, I noticed previously mentioned minimum age restriction for command upgrade. Has that been dropped? I've seen conflicting responses.Thank you.

High Energy
19th Feb 2018, 06:24
Hey guys, I noticed previously mentioned minimum age restriction for command upgrade. Has that been dropped? I've seen conflicting responses.Thank you.

Just checked and it's still there. It won't go away either.

Jumbo744
19th Feb 2018, 14:04
Hello guys,

if any of you has a sample of a pilot roster can you please pm me?

Thanks

dubaigong
19th Feb 2018, 16:17
Jumbo744,

there is not such a roster " a pilot roster " , it all dépends if you are an F/O or a CPT and more important what is your seniority...
Now , be aware that the company is working on a totally different rostering system than the one we have today so guess what it will be in 2 months is impossible.
So if you apply here ( or not ) just based on the roster , you may be very surprised...

filipo
19th Feb 2018, 17:57
Hello guys, i've got my assessment scheduled for the 20th of feb; will highly appreciate feedback from those who did theirs earlier this month.
Thank you very much.
Pretty much as they have mentioned above. Participate in the group discussion be mindful of others. Have your TMAAT stories ready there is a wide variety they choose from. Focus is on leadership, persuasion, any mistakes you habe done,why you want to join flyduni etc..
For the sim, my advice is have a good scan (if u are not type rated) you can know how to fly but if u can't look in the right places it will bite.

I wish you the best.

CaptFlyer
19th Feb 2018, 22:31
Just checked and it's still there. It won't go away either.

What is the minimum age restriction ?

High Energy
20th Feb 2018, 16:11
What is the minimum age restriction ?

Minimum age is set at 28.

island_nomad
26th Feb 2018, 07:48
Thank you Filipo,
Appreciate.
Cheers!

Pretty much as they have mentioned above. Participate in the group discussion be mindful of others. Have your TMAAT stories ready there is a wide variety they choose from. Focus is on leadership, persuasion, any mistakes you habe done,why you want to join flyduni etc..
For the sim, my advice is have a good scan (if u are not type rated) you can know how to fly but if u can't look in the right places it will bite.

I wish you the best.

A-V-8
27th Feb 2018, 02:38
How long would a new hire expect to wait for an upgrade?

matr72
27th Feb 2018, 10:06
if you meet the requirements (4000 hours total, 1000hrs on 737, 1 year in the company) it may go pretty fast, let's say less than 2 years. However, The average time for command is between 2 and 3 years.

glideslopealive
11th Mar 2018, 18:15
Hello everyone, i have an assessent in May 2018. Can anyone who has gone through the interview process pls tell me more about the group exercise, personal interview and sim assessment

bugsplat
12th Mar 2018, 21:38
Hi guys. Is there any truth in a new roster and if so what it is going to look like?

High Energy
13th Mar 2018, 03:29
Hi guys. Is there any truth in a new roster and if so what it is going to look like?

Yes there is. Starting hopefully within 3 months. It will be line bidding, min 12 days off for everyone, no single days off, no deadheads, no body clock flips and slightly more layovers, (about min 5 extra) and a few more 4 sector days. Swapping days/trips should then be easier for both seats too.

Buckshot
13th Mar 2018, 04:26
no deadheads

So no more operate out and pax back and vice versa?

High Energy
13th Mar 2018, 04:54
So no more operate out and pax back and vice versa?

Apparently not. However I do have a few question marks regarding Juba and how they are gonna do those summer only destinations like Tivat or Dubrovnik. They're only 3 or 4 times a week. Surely we're not gonna nightstop there?

I know ALA and TSE wil be layovers but a layover in Juba? Better change Juba to combine it witth EBB then.

Old King Coal
15th Mar 2018, 06:58
A new rostering regime in FZ?... bloomin' heck!... has HP been taken out to the desert, summarily executed, and buried deep in the sand?... oh brave new world!

Wrt Juba, there's a fairly ok'ish hotel which is immediately adjacent to the airport (i.e. within walking distance even from the ramp, through the non-manned security check-point and the metal detector that's not plugged in, TIA !)... the hotel's got internet, and the bar's fully stocked with some fairly exotic looking night-fighters. Game on!

dubaigong
15th Mar 2018, 09:53
No , HP is still there and glued to his seat...
The news about the new roster has to be taken very very carefully.
Many promises have been done since the company started in 2009 and very few have been implemented.
Also every change here takes ages ( I-Pad use , paperless cockpit , use of Skybook only and removal of the paper OFP etc... ) so relax and let's wait and see.
On top of that , once released , let see first what it really is and how it works to acheive this dream roster every month...
Believe me , it is not for tomorrow.
I have been here long enough to know that many promises have been made and never been implemented only to try to slow down the rate of people leaving and increase the number of people interested to join the company...
Let's observe what will really happen.

Intruder19892
15th Mar 2018, 15:53
Hope ur assessment went well. mines in june can you assist ...
What exercises were giving in recent assessments and what questions were asked in interview ? I have my assessment in June

Aviator1990
17th Mar 2018, 19:24
Hi all.

Maybe a Fo or Cpt with children could answer my question.
Is the schooling allowance high enough to cover everything for the children at school, fees and the extra stuff? Or do you spend a lot of your own money to cover it?

Galaxy32
19th Mar 2018, 14:31
Any one have info regarding the rumored new roster system? And if new joiners just get all night flights. Thanks

High Energy
20th Mar 2018, 04:54
Any one have info regarding the rumored new roster system? And if new joiners just get all night flights. Thanks

Not to be harsh but it is fair that senior crew gets first pick and then inherrently pick the nicer daytime options. The current system is flawed and just not awarding seniority. Note that there is also no financial reward for your seniority. Having said that I see relatively senior crew pick nights to avoid DXB traffix or get more days off. So one might be lucky.

In short, yes, junior crew will get more nights. But not all nights. Wheter it's the old (current) rostering system or the new one. It's a 24/7 operation with a 60/40% day/night ratio. The new guys/girls I fly with all sing a similar song; the first year is a write off financially and roster wise. After the first year however it starts to noticeably improve.

Currently FO's in general seem to do a lot of swapping as they fly less than Captains and they get more days off too, allowing them to swap. So you might have some more control over which flights you do after you've been allocated a block of deep nights.

Galaxy32
20th Mar 2018, 05:11
High energy, thanks for the info. Would an FO get 10 days off per month in general?, Is it difficult to get leave allocated?. I've been offered the position and trying to gather up some details for my final decision. Any other tips would be great. Thanks again.

matr72
20th Mar 2018, 12:04
yes FO's never had less that 10 days off. I mean, I have been in FZ for 1year and a half now and I can't remember having less than 10 days off...
You will get all your leave but don't expect to have Christmas leave as a junior.
As High Energy said, we can easily swap flights and leave, to make our life more confortable.

High Energy
20th Mar 2018, 12:15
High energy, thanks for the info. Would an FO get 10 days off per month in general?, Is it difficult to get leave allocated?. I've been offered the position and trying to gather up some details for my final decision. Any other tips would be great. Thanks again.

From what I hear from the junior guys is that they get about 10 days off a month, sometimes more. (current rostering system) Some guys trade the additional days off to pick up trips. Expect to fly about 700-750hrs a year. ALL FO's can get their first pick for leave. Summer, x-mass, school holidays etc this year was still open for FO's in round 2 for the holiday bidding. In the new rostering system the 10 days off goes up to potentially 12.

Expect to fly mostly night flights in first 12-18mnths.

Galaxy32
21st Mar 2018, 04:47
Thanks guys. Very helpful. Regarding layovers, where does flydubai have them and are they generally safe? Any particular Dodgey ones?

incspeed
23rd Mar 2018, 00:25
Hi Guys,

It is a good place to work with one women and 1 new born children? I mean, house and transportation allowance, medical insurance etc?
What about the tickets to travel around the world? There is any benefit to fly with EK in bussiness class or it is via ID90 travel?

My concern is if the package is good enough as EK to live with my wife and my new children with a rented house and one car.

High Energy
23rd Mar 2018, 05:06
Hi Guys,

It is a good place to work with one women and 1 new born children? I mean, house and transportation allowance, medical insurance etc?
What about the tickets to travel around the world? There is any benefit to fly with EK in bussiness class or it is via ID90 travel?

My concern is if the package is good enough as EK to live with my wife and my new children with a rented house and one car.

That is no problem, not even with 2 kids and 2 cars. It all depends on your lifestyle. If you have a newborn I personally recommend getting a 2 bedroom apartment to save some cash in yr1, find your feet and get comfortable. Only then look around and maybe move if you have to. If you are FO the budget is tighter and all new joined FO's say the same. The first year is expensive to get settled and setup. Expect to save nothing. But then it gets better. Schools/nurseries get covered from 3yrs old.

I think this job is much better than EK if you have a wife/husband and kids. Home every day and no jetlag and stress. It's not all about money or a big metal bird IMHO...

You can NOT fly wih kids in EK business, only economy. Business with kids is only Etihad, Lufthansa and one or two more small airlines I can't remember now. You can fly in EK business with your wife/husband though. About 30 airlines covered with ID travel. But Asia is largely uncovered outside of EK/EY and Jetstar Asia.

Galaxy32. We have layovers in Colombo, Chittagong (going to EK soon), Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar, Prague (rumored to go to EK too) Moscow, Bratislava, Bucharest and Sarajevo in winter time. All layovers are min 23hrs up to 72 for some. The only one you are not advised to leave the hotel is Chittagong.

Time Traveller
23rd Mar 2018, 09:42
As a prospective rated DEC on the outside looking in, the seniority based roster bidding, and the prospect of lousy rosters for a couple of years is a complete spoiler. Has this changed? I would think it would need to, if they need DECs for expansion.

High Energy
23rd Mar 2018, 10:24
There are some very junior DEC’s getting way better roster than senior and upgraded captains at the moment. I haven’t been to Prague in 3 1/2 years but some who have been here less than 6 months have been there numerous times.. same applies to Bratislava, Bangkok (now stopped) etc and they also get quite a few more day flights than I do... bidding for captains in my opinion simply does not work at the moment, they say it is intended...

True. I don't get my top priorities and I've been here quite a while. Yet guys who do not bid at all, or very junior guys get those good trips instead. Any logic to it...?

incspeed
23rd Mar 2018, 13:32
High Energy

Thanks a lot man. Those were my concerns comparing to EK package. It seems to be a very good place to work as an FO. If we have the opportunity to fly in bussiness in other companies is fair enough. The tickets in Etihad and Lufthansa for example, are positive space or standby with last priority? Will apply in 2 or 3 months probably. Lets see what will happen.

High Energy
23rd Mar 2018, 17:43
High Energy

Thanks a lot man. Those were my concerns comparing to EK package. It seems to be a very good place to work as an FO. If we have the opportunity to fly in bussiness in other companies is fair enough. The tickets in Etihad and Lufthansa for example, are positive space or standby with last priority? Will apply in 2 or 3 months probably. Lets see what will happen.

I do think it's a good place for an FO with a family. With a massive expansion looming one could be in the left seat in 2 years from joining. Have a read regarding the pending issues at flydubai. No company is perfect but the company is only 9 years old and the job is secure.

I don't know the onload priorities but we've been moved up in the picking order with EK stby's. We just need a few more airlines to join myIDTravel.

incspeed
23rd Mar 2018, 21:14
I do think it's a good place for an FO with a family. With a massive expansion looming one could be in the left seat in 2 years from joining. Have a read regarding the pending issues at flydubai. No company is perfect but the company is only 9 years old and the job is secure.

I don't know the onload priorities but we've been moved up in the picking order with EK stby's. We just need a few more airlines to join myIDTravel.

Nice. Thanks for your answer. Right now I have Qatar em FZ to apply. Thanks for your help!

even15
27th Mar 2018, 20:34
Hi guys
do you know how long is the waiting in the holding pool as NTR F/O? I did my screeening in Feb and got positive mail answer at the beginning of March..but I’m still wondering when/how could begin...any info appreciated

dubaigong
28th Mar 2018, 02:41
Why do you ask on this website ?
Do you think that the people in charge are here waiting for your message ?
Just send the company an e-mail and ask them directly when you can expect to start...

even15
28th Mar 2018, 05:40
Dear dubaigong
thanks for your reply...but I already did it but got no answer from FZ recruitment guys, that’s why I was asking here people to share their experience...

dubaigong
28th Mar 2018, 13:47
So it should already tell you a lot about the company you want to join...

Enjoy the ride

excrab
28th Mar 2018, 20:47
Incspeed (and anyone else with kids thinking of joining as a DEC)

The important reality of the bidding system, which does work for the senior pilots in the way they want it to is that as a junior Captain you won't get the days off and leave you bid for.

Think how your family will be feeling after four years of you working every Christmas and new year, of never being able to have a family holiday in the summer because you can't get any leave you bid for between May and September, of not getting to be home for your daughter's birthday or your son'a graduation.

Compared to that whether or not you get to spend 23 hours in Prague is really irrelevant.

McRj
5th Apr 2018, 16:42
Hi
Any news on the recrutment at fly dubai? I was told the minimum on airfts above 10 tons went from 1000 hrs to 1500 hrs.
Thks

Vansimac
11th Apr 2018, 06:58
Hi,
Does somebody have information if they are going to carry out the computer's tests during the assessment again?

737boeing
11th Apr 2018, 10:15
Hi,
Does somebody have information if they are going to carry out the computer's tests during the assessment again?
ğğğğ

They did not apply any computer test during the assesment and i didnt hear from anyone about that..

F2L
13th Apr 2018, 13:21
Dear dubaigong
thanks for your reply...but I already did it but got no answer from FZ recruitment guys, that’s why I was asking here people to share their experience...

Hey. Those guys from Recruitment doesn’t reply emails, Bota usually answer. I waited for 6 months for a start date, the only reply I’ve got in these period was “we don’t have a start date for you yet” then suddenly an email asking if I can be in Dubai in 15 days.... I don’t know but it seens that they Always assess pilots on the first part of the year then on second semester they hire like crazy, most probably you gonna get a start date after july.

babydash_83
17th Apr 2018, 06:39
Anyone joining FZ, just a word of advise based on some of my fellow pilot friends who been through their training program in the past. And knowing some friends from the CAE academy currently who teach there, just be wary of few of the instructors there at CAE Dubai. Some of them are pure racists and there have been many complaints to CAE at the corporate level in Canada about a few. One of them infact is the training program head of the 737 at FZ and he thinks he knows everything in aviation. I believe his first name initial starts with P. Anyhow, the company itself is not bad but the management is quiet weak for not supporting pilots when they have had issues with this old sack of crap instructor. So anyone who has him, the moment you face any issues just change your instructor asap. I hope eventually, with the amount of complaints this guy has against him, eventually he will be kicked out but its Dubai, they operate on likes and dislikes there more than anything. Good luck to all.

airborneksa
17th Apr 2018, 09:25
I have friends ex-ryanair went thru ist and their feedback about the process was extremely well organized & smooth. The response time to all questions by email less than 2 hrs.

captcak
17th Apr 2018, 12:20
I was there for Ntr and it was the best of treatment for everyone. Unlike going to China or dxb. They provided 5-star hotel by the seaside, staff waiting at the hotel to take us to the sim center. Wonderful experience and a big plus for Flydubai after ctc fiasco.

High Energy
20th Apr 2018, 05:14
For info. Flight pay has been increased, effective 01 Apr 2018.
Captains go from 187 to 199 aed/hr.
FO+Cadet go from 134 to 139 aed/hr.

No mention of Basic pay review or any allowance increase. Don't hold your breath for those to increase... 👎🏼

McRj
21st Apr 2018, 00:43
For info. Flight pay has been increased, effective 01 Apr 2018.
Captains go from 187 to 199 aed/hr.
FO+Cadet go from 134 to 139 aed/hr.

No mention of Basic pay review or any allowance increase. Don't hold your breath for those to increase... 👎🏼

Thks high energy...any idea of the schedule for FO?

High Energy
21st Apr 2018, 18:13
Thks high energy...any idea of the schedule for FO?
It varies really depending on seniority and bidding preference. Expect around 750hrs a year. Maybe an FO on here might help out a bit?

another_avian
26th Apr 2018, 20:19
Hello guys, in flydubai for first officers,
1 about roster how many days of layovers in a month average? how many legs in a month?
2 and how is the staff travels, id90 or standby tickets and who are included as family (my wifes family included?)

thx in advance

Guided accordingly
28th Apr 2018, 17:31
Correct me if wrong, but is a final accident report mandatory within two years ?

March 19th has long passed with no updates or information.

Anyone know why the accident report for FZ 981 crash has not yet been published ?

Python27
28th Apr 2018, 18:13
Correct me if wrong, but is a final accident report mandatory within two years ?

March 19th has long passed with no updates or information.

Anyone know why the accident report for FZ 981 crash not yet been published ?

Mandatory is a tuff word in the habibiland.... If it's about an airline or authority's liability, just write something better for them and IATA will clap the hands, say they're compliant with and halas...

marlynreeder
30th Apr 2018, 16:50
In a further statement, the airline said: "For FlyDubai the safety and welfare of our flight crew and cabin crew is of primary importance. The whole aviation industry is heavily regulated.

F2L
2nd May 2018, 10:33
Another_avian,

- 10 - 12 days off and a couple rest days, lets say around 30-36 sectors per month, 15-18 days of work in average
- 65-75 hours per month as FO.
- layovers, I avoid it, been here for a year and did 4 layovers. If you want to do it you can bid or even swap. Around 10 layovers in Flydubai network
- Staff travel Flydubai = wife, kids, parents, parents in law and Buddies (don’t know exactly how many)
- staff travel MyID = Wife, kids, parents and parents in LAW (Business class on Emirates, Lufthansa, Ethiad as far as I remember) and a good network of partner airlines. (ID 90 business and ID90 and ID50 on economy)

joinnig today expect night flights but as FO in a year the rosters can be great.

really enjoying work here, I was expecting to be tough. But its a nice place to work.

Regards

IEFCL
7th May 2018, 19:55
Very good day, gents
I’m wondering if a NTR FO can apply to FZ with 2300 TT provided that he will have 2500 before actual joining the airline?
Cheers.

Sallytraffic
9th May 2018, 05:51
Can anyone tell me if there is still some kind of block to joining EK after a few years in FZ as DEC?

Thanks

Cptgreen
10th May 2018, 16:07
Please, is there anyone flying as a FO for FZ married and maybe with one kid or not. How much money can you actually save nowadays living in Dubai with good but modest life in these terms? Can you bid your off days too? Thanks in advance.

High Energy
11th May 2018, 11:32
Can anyone tell me if there is still some kind of block to joining EK after a few years in FZ as DEC?

Thanks
No block to going to EK as long as you have served your bond. (3 years)

F2L
11th May 2018, 14:33
@cptgreen

I would say 4-5K USD without kids. Living in a nice 2 bed apartment in a good area (Dubai Marina or Downtown), driving a brand new car (1 car only) and doing some entertainment (this one can be trick, you need to think how you gonna spend your money in restaurants, bars and shows, it can be very expensive) and the more important thing in Dubai is hold on and think before expend, it’s very easy to spend everything here. Don’t expect to save a lot in your first year.

you can bid for OFF days, there are some types of biding, but as junior expect only to have a Golden day off awarded per month, after a year you may start get something more.

there is inflation in Dubai, but nowadays rentals prices are going down, I got and most of friends got around 10% discount in rental prices this year, for me means 300USD more in my pocket per month.

Cptgreen
11th May 2018, 14:49
Thanks a lot @F2L.

hitansh
20th May 2018, 17:13
Surprisingly the reviews of Fly Dubai are much much better than that of EK.

italian stallion
20th May 2018, 18:56
Hi everyone
Any Cpt's that may be kind enough to PM me their roster for the last month or two please so I can get an idea.

many thanks

sealteam
22nd May 2018, 20:05
Hey guys I have an interview in Dubai coming up on the 26th! Anyone else on the same boat?

Also I assume we pay for our accommodations during the duration of our interview?

thanks

airborneksa
23rd May 2018, 09:17
Hey guys I have an interview in Dubai coming up on the 26th! Anyone else on the same boat?

Also I assume we pay for our accommodations during the duration of our interview?

thanks

yes you only dont pay for anything if you go to IST

sealteam
23rd May 2018, 12:11
Yes you only dont pay for anything if you go to IST

Thanks for the reply!

7oodaz
25th May 2018, 12:16
Hi guys,
i have 4200 total flight time with 4000 hours on the B737NG, if i successfully join FZ how long do u think i’ve to wait for the command ?
and any idea about the aptitude test ? I have to do it in 5 days .

High Energy
25th May 2018, 14:29
It depends on 2 things.
1; What flydubai requires. That's this;
Qualification Criteria

A valid UAE ATPL.
A current Class 1 Medical.
Minimum 12 months service with flydubai from date of Initial Line Check.
Minimum 2 Successful OPC/LPC.
Assessed as suitable for Command by the SVP Crew Training and SVP Flight Operations.
Total flight time minimum 4000 hrs.
500 hrs previous on type and 500 hrs at flydubai OR 1000 hrs minimum on flydubai 737-800.
And 2; Luck. Point nbr 4 is the big one. You can NOT have ANY 'acceptable' CRM marking during those simchecks. From memory there are 6 or 7 markers that have to be graded 'good' or better. Not 'acceptable'. Any 'acceptable' mark will put you back 1 year. Although the training has noticeably improved the last 2 years it's still a big portion of luck with which examinor you get. They are upgrading about 4 guys a month on average, predicted to double within a year due to the influx of aircraft and massive exodus of Captains. This is what I've heard, not fact.

So most guys that do it quickly upgrade after about 18 months. Average is 2.5-3 years. As an FO expect around 750hrs per year.

As soon as you hit all these criteria you can apply. It's not seniority based. Depending if there is a backlog or not you can expect to have your interview quickly. After that is successfull you'll be looking at weeks to a few months till the start of your upgrade training. With many aircraft about to enter I expect it to go quite sharpish.

excrab
26th May 2018, 07:55
And of course you are bonded for upgrade, two years BUT it doesn't run concurrently with the bond when you join.
So if you join as a type rated f/o you will have an initial bond of three years. If you upgrade after two years your total
bonded period with flydubai will be five years.

you may think that won't be a problem, but five years is a long time if you or your family don't enjoy it.

Skylorde
28th May 2018, 14:48
you may think that won't be a problem, but five years is a long time if you or your family don't enjoy it.

So how often do Famlies not like Dubai and want to leave?

also I was wondering about the flight Benefits, and medical.

I have a wife and two small kids.

High Energy
29th May 2018, 14:31
Flew with a guy the other day who's wife gave birth to their 2nd one and they didn't pay a penny. Same as with their first one in DXB. Normal birth. They said the healthcare was fantastic. I haven't heard many horror stories to be fair. You also gotta know where to go for which condition. That can help big time too.

Every time I need to visit a doctor with my kids I know which one to go to in order to get the quality but also pay peanuts. I've been really pleased so far with the medical care.

Skylorde
29th May 2018, 15:03
I did the video interview yesterday. I was expecting to get a call today and I just realize that I missed a call from a Cambodian telephone number. Would that have been Flydubai HR?

Killer Loop
29th May 2018, 20:18
I doubt it and I doubt they would call you at all. You will be notified via email if you have been successful or not. This may take a few days to a few weeks.

Skylorde
29th May 2018, 21:51
I doubt it and I doubt they would call you at all. You will be notified via email if you have been successful or not. This may take a few days to a few weeks.

Ok thanks for the info! Would the next step be to get invited to the Assessment center?

Will they offer you a Job based on the Assessment center or do we need to travel to Dubai for a final interview?

Thanks again!

J74
29th May 2018, 22:50
Skylorde,
can I ask you as an update, about the video interview? How long and what did they ask you in general?
thanks for your kindly reply

Skylorde
29th May 2018, 23:30
Skylorde,
can I ask you as an update, about the video interview? How long and what did they ask you in general?
thanks for your kindly reply

it was a prerecorded video interview. No interaction with people.

They ask 3 questions. I don’t recall the exact phrasing but I’ll try.

1) Tell me something not on your resume
2) TM about a work achievement
3) TM why you want to work here?? Or why you are a good fit here? Or what you bring to the company?? Not sure exactly the question.

You have 30 seconds to prepare each question and the question and be up to 3 mins long.

It says you can redo each question but I did not get and redos so make sure you are ready when you start recording.

I dint think I did a good job with my answers so I will let you know if I hear anything.

I did get an email reply right after that said the would review and contact me shortly.

FalseGS
30th May 2018, 01:57
I did my video interview in the terminal waiting for my ride to land. I reckon it's a screening for genuine ELP level 4 or higher claimants. I did put some thought into my content but didn't answer in any way where it would justify an automatic pass.
The reply did take a couple of days, so just have some patience. Good luck.

Skylorde
30th May 2018, 03:11
Thanks for the insight. Screening for language ability would make sense.

I also assumed they are screening for something possibly weight or ethnicity.

Killer Loop
30th May 2018, 03:37
Ok thanks for the info! Would the next step be to get invited to the Assessment center?

Will they offer you a Job based on the Assessment center or do we need to travel to Dubai for a final interview?

Thanks again!

Next step will be an invitation to an Assessment Centre for sim evaluation etc. You will then need to travel to Dubai for the group exercise etc. I have heard of a few occasions when all elements of the interview can be completed at the Assessment Centre though (South Africa being one). It is possible to go directly to Dubai and complete everything there over two or three days. This may be a more economical option if your nearest Assessment Centre involves significant travel costs.

agolmefudeu
30th May 2018, 21:38
That is on a case by case basis and totally dependent on each family.. There is no answer for that.. some love it and some hate it.. I personally dont mind the actual living here, but its the company and some rather suspect rules here that wear you down a lot faster than actually living here (and also the constantly increasing cost of living with hardly any pay increase).

There are quite a few airlines we get staff travel tickets on, and more are added every now and then, but some are rather useless and I doubt anyone actually uses them. Emirates/Etihad/KLM etc are the bigger ones you have access to. The medical is ok but dont plan on having a kid in dubai on the medical we have,, I heard it costs you a kidney and a liver donation to pay for it..

Lufthansa, Air France, Air Canada, Air Alaska, Southwest Airlines, Delta, Spirit, Jet Blue, Azul, Ethiopian, Qantas, Gol, Swiss, and many, many more...

agolmefudeu
30th May 2018, 21:39
Hi guys,
i have 4200 total flight time with 4000 hours on the B737NG, if i successfully join FZ how long do u think i’ve to wait for the command ?
and any idea about the aptitude test ? I have to do it in 5 days .

Average I believe is 3 years. Some cases in less than 2 years others 4 and so on.

agolmefudeu
30th May 2018, 21:42
Flew with a guy the other day who's wife gave birth to their 2nd one and they didn't pay a penny. Same as with their first one in DXB. Normal birth. They said the healthcare was fantastic. I haven't heard many horror stories to be fair. You also gotta know where to go for which condition. That can help big time too.

Every time I need to visit a doctor with my kids I know which one to go to in order to get the quality but also pay peanuts. I've been really pleased so far with the medical care.

It's actually pretty good. I have a young kid and we use it a LOT!

agolmefudeu
30th May 2018, 21:44
Surprisingly the reviews of Fly Dubai are much much better than that of EK.

Come expecting the worst and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

bugsplat
3rd Jun 2018, 12:37
Hi everyone, so I posted about 4 months ago asking about roster changes, and a more sustainable roster. There was talk about a more set roster like 5/3 etc. I was wondering if this has materialised. I am looking as a DEC and just wondering what sort of comparison to Ryanair.

High Energy
3rd Jun 2018, 12:55
Hi everyone, so I posted about 4 months ago asking about roster changes, and a more sustainable roster. There was talk about a more set roster like 5/3 etc. I was wondering if this has materialised. I am looking as a DEC and just wondering what sort of comparison to Ryanair.

Nothing big happened yet. I expect it to take max 6 months more as the tender is out to get it changed. It will happen but it always takes longer then expected. What else is new eh... Initially it was rumored to be up and running in May, now I'm hearing October.

It will not be a set 5/4 or 5/3 roster but instead an American style system with bid lines. It is supposed to work and award seniority and has been tried and tested in several major 24/7 companies that even opeeate world wide. But at the end of the day it all depends on what restrictions they out in company wise and how many people ithas to work with. And we are always undercrewed.

We'll wait and see what happens. In the mean time all pilots without leave got a 4 day block off in May and a 3 day block off in June. With Ramadan ending in June I don't expect anything similar in July.

glideslopealive
3rd Jun 2018, 20:50
Hi, anyone knows how long one must wait before reapplying after not making the final stage of FZ assessment?

Skylorde
4th Jun 2018, 15:15
Just got an email invitation to the accessing center. I submitted my video interview 11 days ago.

I do not think I did well with the videos.

the email says: 1st day – group exercises and interview, if you pass it, the next day is the sim. Let me know which date you wish to come.

any advice or references to prepare for the group exercises, interview, or Sim?

Thanks!

Hernando
13th Jun 2018, 10:46
Hi guys, anyone know how long to wait to re apply. I failed the sim. anyone has any advice?

Buenas

McRj
15th Jun 2018, 14:20
Hi guys, anyone know how long to wait to re apply. I failed the sim. anyone has any advice?

Buenas
Hello Hernando

Do you mind sharing your interview and sim experience?
cheers

Hernando
17th Jun 2018, 08:36
Hello Hernando

Do you mind sharing your interview and sim experience?
cheers

no surprises really, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

The sim is very thouroughly briefed beforehand, nothing too crazy, and no surprises. Just make sure your raw data, CRM, Communictaions, and scan is up to a good standard.

If non rated I believe the 737 will go a LOT faster than what you’re used to! So SLOW DOWN!

Im personally waiting to re apply...: 😭

Unforseen
2nd Jul 2018, 17:49
Hello guys,
just asking about the online assessment.
I left 2 exercise , one is that you need to fly in the holes, as I don't have a mouse right now, i'm out overnight 3 days in Africa, and want to ask you if it possible to do it with a normal pc ?
Second one is the last "numeracy test " of 16 minute...how hard is it? do I need to prepare something before?
thanks

IEFCL
3rd Jul 2018, 00:08
Unforseen, math test will test you on the basic geometry (triangles, S and V of the cones, prisms), unit conversions (the trickiest is to convert squares, for instance hectars to meters squared, meters squared to mm squared), percentages. I’d recommend to go trough these formulas, make sure you understand area conversions and skill percentages. You are allowed to use a calculator, however, bear in mind that the time is pretty limited.

capalejo75
5th Jul 2018, 02:03
Hi, all.
I'd like to know how the group exercise looks like , how many we do on the day of the assessment and what is this about . please i need that info since I'll do it later on the month . Thanks guys .

Bola1
8th Jul 2018, 14:13
I still believe that flydubai does not officially give you the housing allowance cheque untill you've passed your final linecheck successfully. BUT there is a workaround they apply for you to get the allownce earlier. Basically have your other halve look at propertyfinder.me and search areas and get a rough idea for what you both want. Then go have a look after you've done your groundschool.

McRj
12th Jul 2018, 14:08
Hi, all.
I'd like to know how the group exercise looks like , how many we do on the day of the assessment and what is this about . please i need that info since I'll do it later on the month . Thanks guys .

HI,
just did the assesment and sim successfully.
Group exercice is all about communication. They give you 2 timed exercices and you have to discuss and come up with ideas as a group. 3 out of 10 were eliminated after this stage.
The you do one on one interview. Normal questions with 1 rh and 1 pilot...they have really nice.
1 of 7 didn't make it.
Sim and medical the next day. Its all about CRM and hand flying. No fd no auto throtlle...visual circuit + ils + overshoot with engine fail.
2 guys out of 6 didnt make it.

hope it helps

seco83
12th Jul 2018, 19:27
Hello,

I am also finished all assesment and simulator on May. waiting for a start date as FO. is there anyone have a date?

dubaigong
15th Jul 2018, 00:40
welcome to the Middle East...

McRj
15th Jul 2018, 14:10
Hello,

I am also finished all assesment and simulator on May. waiting for a start date as FO. is there anyone have a date?

RH told me end 2018. I did my assesment in May.

capalejo75
16th Jul 2018, 14:16
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info McRj , very valuable , I have mine tomorrow on 17th. :ok:

seco83
16th Jul 2018, 15:48
RH told me end 2018. I did my assesment in May.

yes, finally they have responded me too, it is by the end of year.✌️ wish you all good luck

McRj
17th Jul 2018, 19:24
yes, finally they have responded me too, it is by the end of year.✌️ wish you all good luck

Do you know how big are the Groundschools?
cheers

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
17th Jul 2018, 20:30
Glad to see this thread still alive and kicking.

I've recently done my online assessment (no news yet...??) and am expecting to have sim assessment in October in or near LGW (anyone else here going?). I have had some excellent contact and info from current and past pilots at FZ (both CPT's and F/O's) and I am hoping I get a shot at it. Currently still flying Corporate (Captain on 5 jets...current on only one now) and would just love knowing where I am and when. I think I could do with a break from the mental place that is now the UK (Brexit....EASA mess.....tax on the up....inflation up....standard of living down...cost of living UP UP UP!!!!).

Keep the chat and questions going....loads of great info

the737capt
20th Jul 2018, 18:47
Nowadays the company prefers to hire only B738 type-rated candidates with a 1000hrs on the B737NG, not the best time to join

Voodoo 3
21st Jul 2018, 03:24
Nowadays the company prefers to hire only B738 type-rated candidates with a 1000hrs on the B737NG, not the best time to join

I’m sure they would! But beggars can’t be choosers and I’m not convinced that there is a plethora of 738NG aviators bashing the door down to get in. With the expansion plans that are in place we are going to be recruiting for the next few years. I would imagine with at least turboprop time and a keen/willing mentality, things could/should happen for you here in time.

J74
24th Jul 2018, 10:53
hello to everybody,
basically here to ask if is there any difference if i’m going to attend the assesment trhough Aviation CV or better directly with Flydubai?
thanks for the information

McRj
26th Jul 2018, 01:05

Not True. We were 10 in the group exercice and 4 passed the sim evaluation successfully. All TR 737 and 777 guys were out.

Battle Star Galatica
26th Jul 2018, 19:23
I see the non type rated position still on the website. Is it ongoing?

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
26th Jul 2018, 22:25
I passed online assessment. Sadly...the Gatwick assessment has just been binned. Been invited down to Dubai to do it in Nov or Dec. Bit of a pain in the ass. Anyone know what "operational needs" caused the change? I'd buggered about a lot to make my dates at Gatwick work

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
26th Jul 2018, 22:27
I see the non type rated position still on the website. Is it ongoing?

Yup....they want plenty of pilots...!

Battle Star Galatica
26th Jul 2018, 23:23
Yup....they want plenty of pilots...!
The website seems is not accepting any applications. May be its a glitch.

matr72
27th Jul 2018, 04:10
From what I know, some guys who got the job offer earlier this year, are told that no start date are available before October/November. Couple of trainers are leaving these days...could be one reason?

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
27th Jul 2018, 09:19
From what I know, some guys who got the job offer earlier this year, are told that no start date are available before October/November. Couple of trainers are leaving these days...could be one reason?

This makes sense re the "trainers" leaving. They binned the October session in October (which was annoying for me, as I had juggled some aircraft maintenance and down time so that I could attend!!). They are now saying I can go for assessment in Nov/Dec.......but in DXB

dubaigong
27th Jul 2018, 10:19
Welcome to the Middle East and in FZ , I hope you will enjoy the ride that's only the start….