PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

A321Max
23rd Nov 2021, 18:24
I only got an email, no phone call, for an assessment in Gatwick second half of january, the date is to be confirmed in December.

Capt737787
24th Nov 2021, 02:24
Boomless

Hi Mate.Congrats...You applied for Capt or Fo.please share...

B737ngmax
24th Nov 2021, 03:10
As I mentioned previously, F/o's are being called for assessment. Direct entry captains have to wait for the time being.

airliner_1
24th Nov 2021, 14:19
hey guys

yesterday I was invited to the London assessment in January. Anyone that has gone thru the process(recently)care to shed some lights on what to expect for the time being there?

Feel free to PM as well if youve been invited as we can all help each others in some way :)

take care and good luck to everyone!

manchi83
24th Nov 2021, 17:53
Hi there!
I'm in the same boat, only that my assessment will take place in Brazil, Sao Paulo.
I have been researching what to expect, but it doesn't look like there has been any recent feedback.

Feel free to reach me on PM. I have tried to text you, but apparently, your inbox is complete, and you cannot receive more messages.

Cheers

Desertboki
26th Nov 2021, 08:05
It will be interesting to see will flydubai send recruitment to South Africa to hire people with their expansion plans. I think the UAE will ban flights to RSA very soon.

BeeSevenSevenDoubleU
26th Nov 2021, 08:20
I really hope you're wrong and they do still come here!

AIMINGHIGH123
26th Nov 2021, 15:04
Sadly yes they will. EU bans already in place from RSA and surrounding countries.

Stock markets have reacted very negatively to the news so could get very messy soon.

Johnthemidjit
27th Nov 2021, 08:06
Expect an email tomorrow . I think the whole recruitment program will stop again

Tailstrik
27th Nov 2021, 10:40
why do you think so? Do you know somebody from hr?

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
27th Nov 2021, 15:17
Johnthemidjit

My respect to your opinion but I really do not think that any variant will get the things totally down anymore. World's economy cannot handle that. It might be slower but at the end of the day nothing would change.

Johnthemidjit
27th Nov 2021, 23:58
I agree the world economy cannot handle it. However, Israel just closed the borders again to everyone. Even to the vaccinated. The 2 people in Hong Kong who travelled from S Africa, were positive with the new variant also had a double vaccine. The UK are brining back hotel quarantine again and re-introducing the red list. These moves only will make air travel unfeasible and people will cancel travel plans.

Its just all bad news and looking like a re-run of early 2020 and this uncertainty will only force airlines to postpone recruitment.

We are doomed if the current vaccines do not protect against the Omicron variant. Maybe a good time to pray..! To someone..

Byrne11
28th Nov 2021, 02:46
Take a breath man. Relax.
We’ve become accustomed to going worst case scenario, terrified by knee jerk reactions from governments.
The reality is this variant poses very little risk to anyone who is double vaccinated, look at what’s coming out of SA. And not the mainstream scare media. All the vaccines will work on every variant, as most scientists have said, due to T cells etc. I can see that, and I am an airline pilot. Not a scientist.
Airlines need to prepare to grow, come Spring/Summer 22. FZ have huge expansion plans, it would make zero commercial sense for them as a business to have another knee jerk reaction. The world is on the road to recovery particularly the west, wealthier nations as we go into 22.

Capt737787
28th Nov 2021, 03:13
:DNicely articulated....

Stilllearning1234
28th Nov 2021, 07:41
these virus will continue to mutate, we need to learn to live with it. If government was to close border at every mutation. We will live in quarantine indefinitely!

Desertboki
28th Nov 2021, 12:10
Byrne11

I love your optimism. Why anyone from the USA would leave when the majors US airlines are recruiting for a badly managed Middle Eastern low cost carrier with a questionable safety record is anyone’s guess. Flydubai have been announcing huge expansion for 12 years and never past 60 aircraft. Next we will be back to the rumour of 787s etc. I can see flydubai suspending routes to Africa in the coming days like EK already have. Israel already have restrictions where FZ now serve. You seem to forget governments will tell what airlines can and can not do it’s not in Flydubai’s hands.

Mr.CB
28th Nov 2021, 15:10
I am curious to know has anyone from India got a call? I am rated on B737… and currently flying MAX, yes.. and in my circle all of us having 2500+ hrs with ATPL, no one has received the call.. So what we hear about the “R” word about FZ, seems so true. 🤨 and NTR people are getting called for.. weird.

Flaperon777
28th Nov 2021, 15:48
Quit fretting CB. Have you passed your video interview. If so when.
And what’s the ‘R’ word BTW … just curious.

I know 2 FO’s who have got called for the interview in Dubai for early Jan. Both NTR.

fatbus
28th Nov 2021, 16:16
"R" , have you ever spent any time in Dubai ? Thx for the laugh .

Flaperon777
28th Nov 2021, 16:49
Still lost … 🙄

fatbus
28th Nov 2021, 18:29
He's claiming certain races are being favoured over others.

Reylf
29th Nov 2021, 12:48
The link at flydubai career website is not working and also first officer position does not seem at job search page. Does anyone has information about where to apply ?

BeeSevenSevenDoubleU
30th Nov 2021, 06:52
If I'm not mistaken, the job applications were closed around the 11th October.

olster
30th Nov 2021, 10:04
I agree about the race card, ridiculous and pathetic. No one cares about your R but they do care about your honesty and integrity. One of the reasons that FZ may not be over enthusiastic about recruiting from the ahem, sub continent is that historically they did recruit some pilots from that region and they were subsequently found to have forged licences and log books. I flew with one myself and I knew something was wrong. So shove your R well,up your R. Otherwise, all crew got on fine regardless of nationality.

Bjornolf
30th Nov 2021, 12:40
I started to think that airlines based in the middle east publish job postings for advertisement.

There is no concrete and fast progressing process.

They are carrying out a very long recruitment process on a conscious basis.

It's nothing more than the airlines' new "hello press, mention me" strategy.

Emirates, for example, started CV collection when its A380 fleet had hundreds of pilots still waiting to return to flights.

High Energy
3rd Dec 2021, 12:56
Desertboki

What's up with your negative attitude towards flydubai? I've seen it here several times and on other forums too. Just curious, not judging.

Desertboki
3rd Dec 2021, 15:10
I like to give people an idea of what the company is really like. My experience when I was there. Right up till trying to get my end of service benefits. It took months to get (after legal pressure)and then was missing cost like name badge+wings etc , all deducted. Nothing I have posted has been untrue. Dubai is a long way for a lot of people to come to start/further their careers. It’s far from all positives like some posters here make out. Maybe the new joiners that have been taken on in the last few month can enlighten us with their experience?

fatbus
3rd Dec 2021, 17:04
Have to agree with Desertboki, far too many people want to believe the good and ignore the bad . Many many families/ marriages were stressed to the max primarily because the pilot was not forthcoming with all the details about actually living in Dubai . To newcomers , ask the hard questions. If you colleagues that are already there start making excuses or placing blame on something/someone, that should raise flags . I was there for 18 years and it never got any better, only a slow decline . Goog luck to the new and rejoinders .

AIMINGHIGH123
4th Dec 2021, 08:34
Desertboki, have you ever worked in any other industry? To me it appears not. Seriously you moaning about Flydubai deducting you costs from a uniform? Every company I have ever worked at not aviation related has done that if you don’t return everything!!! Even if it’s a T shirt that’s ripped in half. This is in Western Europe. It goes on everywhere!!!

Moaning about Dubai is a mute point IMO. People moving to a completely different country then moaning xyz happens. Then move back home. I spent many years when I was young in a southern med island. Very very different to the UK. I could find negatives about any country I have been to. Just have to find a balance with what are your priorities.

I have found the people that moan most about aviation are the ones who have never worked in any other industry. I mean one company I worked in would deduct a whole hour from your pay if you clocked in 5 mins late or more!!! It’s a very well know company and highly praised by customers!!! They would be shocked.

Desertboki
5th Dec 2021, 07:33
Exactly Jim, some people think it’s about the uniform.They forget they break UAE law by not giving you your end of service benefit on your final day. Since I’m in the Christmas spirit . The people on a day to day bases are nice to work with.Aircraft are well maintained and the staff travel with Emirates is pretty good. I always did get my annual leave and PBS works well after about 5-6 years. That’s about the positives. Also people please read previous posts from people posting here.it will give you a clearer view. Some do not or have not ever worked for FZ.

737 CL
7th Dec 2021, 13:28
Hi.

Anybody knows if FZ have called captains for the assessments in the coming months?

Regards.

dimk
8th Dec 2021, 12:39
Anybody has been to recently or going for the assessment any time soon? Would appreciate any info. Thanks

Byrne11
9th Dec 2021, 07:32
Is anyone aware what happens after a Sim assessment? Is that the end of the road or is there another interview assessment after that again?

Capt737787
9th Dec 2021, 08:04
Is anyone aware what happens after a Sim assessment? Is that the end of the road or is there another interview assessment after that again?
Hello Mate.If you are not successful in sim assessment you will get email for the same within hours.If you are successful, It means you have passed the overall assessment and wait for about 15 days to receive the positive email.
Curious to know ,Have you finished your sim assessment.

midnight cruiser
9th Dec 2021, 11:24
Is it still pay for your own transport and accommodation for the Dubai stages? If not, would they at least sort a fz ticket?

TMATPL
9th Dec 2021, 15:26
Hi!

I ll go somewhen in January to the assessment in UK.

I m TR FO 2200 on type.

Does anybody know if we will use jeppsen or lido charts?

Good luck to all!

flareflyer
10th Dec 2021, 07:20
Any NTR CPT has been called for the sim assessment.
i completed online interview mid October and since then no news.

Stilllearning1234
10th Dec 2021, 08:08
As of now only FO are invited for assessment..

MikeCharlie24
10th Dec 2021, 09:43
Hi!

I ll go somewhen in January to the assessment in UK.

I m TR FO 2200 on type.

Does anybody know if we will use jeppsen or lido charts?

Good luck to all!

Lido charts

flareflyer
10th Dec 2021, 10:50
As of now only FO are invited for assessment..

thanks for the answer.
hopefully before spring they will also call cpts
inshalla 😃😃😃

Boomless
12th Dec 2021, 15:33
Hi guys,

I have got an invitation as well to go to UK in January, but got an email today saying "we will cancel UK trip due to current health situation"... same for you guys??

Cheers

flareflyer
12th Dec 2021, 17:56
Hi guys,

I have got an invitation as well to go to UK in January, but got an email today saying "we will cancel UK trip due to current health situation"... same for you guys??

Cheers

It was expected 😩

TMATPL
12th Dec 2021, 21:26
Hi guys,

Cheers

Hi! I got an invitation to UK in January too, but I didn’t receive any cancellation email…yet.

Xavelha
12th Dec 2021, 22:10
Hi! I got an invitation to UK in January too, but I didn’t receive any cancellation email…yet.

Me too, but sort of makes sense I suppose. Won’t be surprised if I get that email, but weird that they haven’t sent it to all people.

airliner_1
13th Dec 2021, 02:38
Hi guys,

Cheers

did they postpone or just cancel and its the end of it? thanks for the heads up

Ziga93
13th Dec 2021, 06:19
Got the same email this morning, kinda expected it. Only wander if recruitment continues or is all on hold now.

TMATPL
13th Dec 2021, 07:10

i got the cancellation email this morning…as expected

flareflyer
13th Dec 2021, 08:24
Probably they will have to reorganise and reschedule in Dubai or elsewhere

AIMINGHIGH123
13th Dec 2021, 09:05
Interesting.

I have also been invited to interview in UK no cancellation yet.

excrab
13th Dec 2021, 20:48
Possibly U.K. assessments might go ahead if they have enough candidates who are already in the U.K. When I joined none of the team doing the initial assessment (interviews and sim) came from outside of the U.K. so the travel restrictions wouldn’t affect them.

AIF73
14th Dec 2021, 08:30
Hi guys, I got the invite for assessment mid January in Dubai. Anyone know what day 2 entails if all goes well with the Day 1 Sim Assessment? Cheers

flareflyer
14th Dec 2021, 09:33
I expect there will be some delays 😩
they will have to probably reschedule those in the uk either in dubai or elsewhere.
I applied as Dec NTR and don’t expect any assessment date before February.
anyway good luck to you all.

Jacky_tg26
14th Dec 2021, 13:07
Hi guys, I got the invite for assessment mid January in Dubai. Anyone know what day 2 entails if all goes well with the Day 1 Sim Assessment? Cheers
Sorry Bro, I would like to ask you something.When you got email invite for assessment? And what date in your submission date on job pages?
Thank you very much and good luck in your assessment.

Stilllearning1234
14th Dec 2021, 14:34
I expect there will be some delays 😩
they will have to probably reschedule those in the uk either in dubai or elsewhere.
I applied as Dec NTR and don’t expect any assessment date before February.
anyway good luck to you all.

Hey flareflyer, Just wandering, info regarding assessment after February. Is that base on advice from them ?

AIF73
14th Dec 2021, 14:56
Sorry Bro, I would like to ask you something.When you got email invite for assessment? And what date in your submission date on job pages?
Thank you very much and good luck in your assessment.

I got the email invite yesterday (14/12/21) and I submitted the video interview mid October.

TMATPL
14th Dec 2021, 19:49
I got the email invite yesterday (14/12/21) and I submitted the video interview mid October.

hi AIF73

I have PM you

regards

flareflyer
15th Dec 2021, 04:42
Hey flareflyer, Just wandering, info regarding assessment after February. Is that base on advice from them ?

Hi, nope, just what I hope 😃

Capt737787
15th Dec 2021, 06:47
congratulations buddy. Are they providing logistics for the same.?

Flaperon777
15th Dec 2021, 08:24

For what position AIF73…?

AIF73
15th Dec 2021, 09:01
Accommodation and Flights they are not providing.

AIF73
15th Dec 2021, 09:02
FO, I'm type rated and current

TMATPL
15th Dec 2021, 13:38
Hi!

I am going to Dubai also mid of January.

I am TR FO 2200 on type.

Be patient guys, and good luck to all

B737ngmax
15th Dec 2021, 14:15
As I have said in the earlier post, and which a few shot down as a hoax, FD is looking to hire F.O's as they have been under pressure to upgrade their in-house FO's. FD has infact asked many DEC's aspirants who appread before pandemic to join either as P2's or stay in holding pool for next 12 months so. And that's a big catch !
anyone joining FD has to sign a 5 years bond with them, so you can say goodbye to P1 position for that period minimum!
This offer to join as a p2 has been rejected by almost all P1 weather they are actively flying or otherwise. Signing a 5 year bond with a low cost airline isn't always a smart choice.

BeeSevenSevenDoubleU
15th Dec 2021, 16:27
As I have said in the earlier post, and which a few shot down as a hoax, FD is looking to hire F.O's as they have been under pressure to upgrade their in-house FO's. FD has infact asked many DEC's aspirants who appread before pandemic to join either as P2's or stay in holding pool for next 12 months so. And that's a big catch !
anyone joining FD has to sign a 5 years bond with them, so you can say goodbye to P1 position for that period minimum!
This offer to join as a p2 has been rejected by almost all P1 weather they are actively flying or otherwise. Signing a 5 year bond with a low cost airline isn't always a smart choice.

As far as the website says, it’s a 3year/24k USD bond for type rated and 3year/36k USD bond for NTR.

And yes, I believe they will only be hiring FO’s at this stage, with 200 needed in 2022.

Potatos_69
15th Dec 2021, 16:44
a 24k bond for someone current and type rated, holy hell that seems like a terrible deal...

excrab
15th Dec 2021, 17:36
a 24k bond for someone current and type rated, holy hell that seems like a terrible deal...
Only if you’re planning to leave within three years (and if you are that shows exactly why they bond people). If you’re planning on staying it makes no difference.

Sick
15th Dec 2021, 18:16
Bonds should never ever be used as handcuffs (not the golden sort). And in most jurisdictions, it would also be illegal for it to exceed modest costs. In normal industry, if an employee comes with valuable and cost saving experience, the cuffs or the handshake, ARE of the golden variety.

Anyone who defends an excessive bond (or frankly, any bond for TR) is by extension, inviting their employer to reduce their salary below market rate, knowing that the pilot would be disinclined or unable to take their services elsewhere. Mad, or a mole.

Desertboki
17th Dec 2021, 04:21
As far as the website says, it’s a 3year/24k USD bond for type rated and 3year/36k USD bond for NTR.

And yes, I believe they will only be hiring FO’s at this stage, with 200 needed in 2022.

It really is amazing. Type rated people joining and bonded for 3 years to the expense of 24.000 dollars. People’s life situation can change dramatically in 3 years. Maybe you do not like it in the Middle East or fail the course. You then are in debt to flydubai for up to 24K. People starting new jobs to reduce debt only to find more imprisonment in debt for jobs they were already qualified to do.

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
17th Dec 2021, 09:14
Hi!

I am going to Dubai also mid of January.

I am TR FO 2200 on type.

Be patient guys, and good luck to all
I cannot get pm from you even though inbox is zero. I dont get. Should I do somehting?

soul_737
18th Dec 2021, 12:18
Hi everyone
I am going to Dubai in January for Sim Assesment.
I am TR FO.
Anyone know what day 2 entails if all goes well with the Day 1 Sim Assessment?
Cheers

MikeCharlie24
18th Dec 2021, 13:27

Day 2 is psychometric test, psicologist interview, documents check and HR interview. Nothing technical, it's basically a personality interview.

Good luck!

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
19th Dec 2021, 11:37
Day 2 is psychometric test, psicologist interview, documents check and HR interview. Nothing technical, it's basically a personality interview.

Good luck!
Psychometric test? Didnt we do it at the first stage? Or is this somehting computer based again?

Boomless
20th Dec 2021, 08:53
Hi guys,

I have been informed that i will go to Dubai on the 2nd of February for Simulator assessment.
Also, that i will receive formal invitation within 2 weeks.
Anyone else on the same situation?

Cheers and safe flights!

georgica
21st Dec 2021, 17:35
I was supposed to get invited to the London Gatwick assessment, but no other news since I replied with my availability in January. Maybe they've cancelled the event in London? Anyone else in this situation ?

Joel Santana
22nd Dec 2021, 20:23
I was supposed to get invited to the London Gatwick assessment, but no other news since I replied with my availability in January. Maybe they've cancelled the event in London? Anyone else in this situation ?

Same same here. NTR. Expecting sth no earlier than mid-February. Won’t push them anyway.

Byrne11
23rd Dec 2021, 07:14
Has anyone any feedback on the assessment in DXB?

flareflyer
23rd Dec 2021, 07:28
Same same here. NTR. Expecting sth no earlier than mid-February. Won’t push them anyway.

Joel are you DEC or FO NTR?
Thanks

Boomless
24th Dec 2021, 18:52
Hi,

Sorry to bring topics out of the context, does the FZ contract includes income taxes payed in UAE?
Or there is no salary taxation at all? Since in Europe the siege is tightening for those who doesn't declare foreign incomes...
Also, anyone knows or have an idea of the time for command for experiencie FOs? And FZ policy regarding this matter?

i am an NTR FO for Feb assessment in dubai.

Safe flights :ok:

Boomless
24th Dec 2021, 19:20
Your salary you get in Dubai is yours. If you have to pay taxes on that back home the that’s your issue to sort out.

Time to command depends on upgrade requirements etc, but normally it was around 2 to 2 1/2years minimum if you got the sim marks you needed and time on type. Expect longer than that now because of the backlog of upgrades waiting and if you join as FO, there will be 3-400 ahead of you in the seniority list (not all of them want to be upgraded though).

Company requirement is 4000hrs total time, 2000 on type and 1000 on company aircraft. Also it says 24 months since date of initial line check now.

Hi Transport Jock,

Thank you for the valuable information!
The upgrade requirements sounds quite reasonable to me.

Cheers!

Joel Santana
26th Dec 2021, 18:48
NTR FO flareflyer.

flareflyer
27th Dec 2021, 07:20
NTR FO flareflyer.

Good for you 😃😃 and good luck for your assessment!!
So hopefully Feb or March they will also start calling NTR CPT 😃Inshallah

Johnthemidjit
27th Dec 2021, 10:07
The airline has a requirement for you to have flown commercially within the last 2 years if you are successful .

5th job loss
27th Dec 2021, 14:02
The airline has a requirement for you to have flown commercially within the last 2 years if you are successful .

Good luck to them finding pilots who have flown in the last 2 years after March 2022

Stilllearning1234
28th Dec 2021, 04:00
Good luck to them finding pilots who have flown in the last 2 years after March 2022

Agree.. have not touch “control” since March 2020… 🤦‍♂️😞

I am sure they are few lucky individuals still able to keep current..

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
28th Dec 2021, 08:07
I actually never stoped flying. I mean 1-2 months during pandemic and than flown regularly again. Nowadays 50-60 hours per month. TR FO 1550 hours. I am going to assessment at the end of Jan 22.

But you are definetly right. Pandemic has affected everbody's life and it was not our decision. I hope they will understand those, Who couldnt fly. We all are in same boat. Good luck to everybody.

Desertboki
28th Dec 2021, 11:37
I actually never stoped flying. I mean 1-2 months during pandemic and than flown regularly again. Nowadays 50-60 hours per month. TR FO 1550 hours. I am going to assessment at the end of Jan 22.

But you are definetly right. Pandemic has affected everbody's life and it was not our decision. I hope they will understand those, Who couldnt fly. We all are in same boat. Good luck to everybody.

No they will not. They do not care. They just changed the rules as they have so many failures in the sim for recruitment. People that have not flown in a long time.

TMATPL
28th Dec 2021, 13:14
My last flight was in March 2020.

I have the assessment mid January

FO TR 2200 h on type…

Good luck to everyone

AIMINGHIGH123
28th Dec 2021, 17:03
I suspect the 2 years has come from the GCAA unfortunately. Means I will be out unless I get an invite before the end of Feb. Unlikely.

Things are picking up but must be thousands still unemployed. Unless you have a magic green card.

MikeCharlie24
28th Dec 2021, 20:12
Psychometric test? Didnt we do it at the first stage? Or is this somehting computer based again?

Another psychometric, sequence of figures.

Johnthemidjit
29th Dec 2021, 03:16
I suspect the 2 years has come from the GCAA unfortunately. Means I will be out unless I get an invite before the end of Feb. Unlikely.

Things are picking up but must be thousands still unemployed. Unless you have a magic green card.

No, its not the regulator imposing the 2 year rule. It is the airline!

DKViking
29th Dec 2021, 07:54
Is the 2 years flying requirement based on date of interview or date of joining?

Byrne11
30th Dec 2021, 12:06
Has anyone any idea of a possible start date if successful in the interview stage?

Johnthemidjit
30th Dec 2021, 12:10
Has anyone any idea of a possible start date if successful in the interview stage?

Capt / may or june

FO - Feb

flareflyer
30th Dec 2021, 14:52
Capt / may or june

FO - Feb

Did they select only TR DEC at the moment?

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
30th Dec 2021, 17:57
Capt / may or june

FO - Feb
Is it gonna be that quick for FO?

Whip717
30th Dec 2021, 20:38
Is it gonna be that quick for FO?

It may be even mid of January.

jadrolinija
1st Jan 2022, 14:21
Your salary you get in Dubai is yours. If you have to pay taxes on that back home the that’s your issue to sort out.

Time to command depends on upgrade requirements etc, but normally it was around 2 to 2 1/2years minimum if you got the sim marks you needed and time on type. Expect longer than that now because of the backlog of upgrades waiting and if you join as FO, there will be 3-400 ahead of you in the seniority list (not all of them want to be upgraded though).

Company requirement is 4000hrs total time, 2000 on type and 1000 on company aircraft. Also it says 24 months since date of initial line check now.

Considering the amount of FOs waiting for the upgrade (300-400) what would be approximate waiting time for a new joiner experienced FO to get the upgrade now?

jadrolinija
1st Jan 2022, 18:56
Excellent, thank you very much for the info!

soul_737
4th Jan 2022, 09:34
hi everyone,
Just want an info regarding the pre employment medical,
Can we do the medical 1-2 day before SIM ASSESMENT?
thanks

TheLoki
4th Jan 2022, 10:00
Hi Guys,

i’ve been invited for online interview. NTR FO here.

Anyone can give a heads-up what to expect please.
Thanks and good luck guys.

flyTheBigFatLady
4th Jan 2022, 15:28
No, its not the regulator imposing the 2 year rule. It is the airline!

it is not clear who impose which rule when the head of GCAA is also the owner

Leasky
4th Jan 2022, 18:39
Hello
i received today invitation for video interview i complete the online assessment in october and did not receive anything until today
any feedback about video interview?Hi Guys,

i’ve been invited for online interview. NTR FO here.

Anyone can give a heads-up what to expect please.
Thanks and good luck guys.

High Energy
5th Jan 2022, 11:43
hi everyone,
Just want an info regarding the pre employment medical,
Can we do the medical 1-2 day before SIM ASSESMENT?
thanks

No. I believe the medical is done on the last day. Once you’ve passed the sim and HR interview.

flareflyer
5th Jan 2022, 13:29
Hello
i received today invitation for video interview i complete the online assessment in october and did not receive anything until today
any feedback about video interview?

What is it about this new Interview?
Any idea?

AIMINGHIGH123
5th Jan 2022, 15:05
Any NTR FO had interviews or offered positions?

I know a few TR people going for interviews in Dubai next month and seen a few starting according to LinkedIn. All seem to be TR at present.

soul_737
5th Jan 2022, 15:34
Hi HIGH Energy
Thanks for the info

dimk
5th Jan 2022, 19:43
No. I believe the medical is done on the last day. Once you’ve passed the sim and HR interview.
Yes you can, it doesn’t matter on which day you do the medical check.

Leasky
5th Jan 2022, 19:49
What is it about this new Interview?
Any idea?
actually i didnt receive the invitation for the video interview after completing the online assessment , until yesterday

TheLoki
5th Jan 2022, 23:08
Hello
any feedback about video interview?

All I know if there will be 3 questions about yourself, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. nothing technical. I haven’t do mine yet. anybody did the interview already?

P/S : sorry to those who PM me that I didn’t. My inbox full even though there is only one PM there.

Mikhail Samovarov
5th Jan 2022, 23:42
Hello people!

Does anybody know when FlyDybai is going to open again positions for TR FOs? Unfortunetly missed it the previous time...

Thank you

flareflyer
6th Jan 2022, 01:09
actually i didnt receive the invitation for the video interview after completing the online assessment , until yesterday

Understood 😃

Byrne11
6th Jan 2022, 14:01
Has anyone done the pre employment medical yet?

What should I expect?

Eren Gazi Gurbuz
6th Jan 2022, 14:33
Has anyone done the pre employment medical yet?

What should I expect?
I dont think that it would be really different from our yearly medical check. Even easier.
​​​​

Deskjocky
7th Jan 2022, 05:04
Could anyone advise if there is a BMI maximum limit in the medical?

Flaperon777
7th Jan 2022, 05:11
Could anyone advise if there is a BMI maximum limit in the medical?
I believe it to be 30. Other parameters being normal.

Byrne11
7th Jan 2022, 10:49
I believe it to be 30. Other parameters being normal.

I could be wrong, but isn't that EK own requirement. And not the GCAA requirement?

Flaperon777
7th Jan 2022, 13:36
I could be wrong, but isn't that EK own requirement. And not the GCAA requirement?

As per law, the airline requirement has to be more restrictive than that of the regulator.
30 is the more restrictive if not the same as the regulator …

MikeCharlie24
9th Jan 2022, 07:28
As per law, the airline requirement has to be more restrictive than that of the regulator.
30 is the more restrictive if not the same as the regulator …

There’s no restriction as per GCAA. If you manage the get your medical, you’re ok. I have friends way over 30 BMI and currently flying at FZ.

BMI restriction is an Emirates requirement to keep their image.

MikeCharlie24
12th Jan 2022, 07:49
A few heads up for you guys regarding FZ interview.

I did mine 4 weeks ago, I passed sim and the next day I did the personal interview. After 4 weeks I was thinking everything was ok because I didn't receive any email, so I decided to email the recruiter to ask for the situation. She replied me that the same day I did the interview, they sent an automatic email saying I didn't pass the process. I never received that email, even I checked spam folder and there was nothing there, or maybe it got deleted automatically after a few days, I don't know. The thing is, I asked a friend who's flying there and also in the recruitment pilot team. He asked, and apparently HR rejected me due to documentation. My actual situation is I'm using an ICAO license, with 737 type rating, but as I'm living in Dubai I did my class 1 medical here, so they're not matching. Also my PC got expired a few months ago. Regardless I'm rated with 5200hs on the 737, they're very strict right now with the current situation. It's very sad because many of us we're in a difficult situation and having the chance to do an interview, even knowing that you passed every step and then being rejected because you wasn't able to keep yourself current is quite exhausting. So for those who can invest some money, and do a sim check to get current, don't think twice if you wanna apply.

Good luck to everyone applying, if you have any question send me a DM and I'll be glad to answer.

Ziga93
13th Jan 2022, 20:34
Hey guys,

Anyone attending the assessment in Dubai on the 15th for the sim and then potentially the 16th as well?

Johnthemidjit
13th Jan 2022, 23:44
Anyone had a result from there interview and sim from the mid december screening ?

Heard nothing so far. Nearly 5 weeks

Bullseye123
14th Jan 2022, 02:08
Hey guys,

Anyone attending the assessment in Dubai on the 15th for the sim and then potentially the 16th as well?
Hola. We would really appreciate if you do post the Sim profile that you or your colleagues get tommorow..all the very best !!

Tailstrik
14th Jan 2022, 05:46
Anyone had a result from there interview and sim from the mid december screening ?

Heard nothing so far. Nearly 5 weeks

Did you check your spam? I heard most of the people got rejected that week. Good luck

Ziga93
14th Jan 2022, 21:05
Yes, I'll let you know, I messed up the dates I meant I am there on 15th and hopefully 16th Feb.

giorgio1970
15th Jan 2022, 14:30
Ciao MikeCharlie24,
could you please tell me for which position you applied?
Thank you.

flareflyer
16th Jan 2022, 08:34
Are the selections now only done in DXB?

MikeCharlie24
17th Jan 2022, 12:06
Ciao MikeCharlie24,
could you please tell me for which position you applied?
Thank you.

Your inbox is full, couldn't send the message. I applied as TR FO.

All the best!

giorgio1970
17th Jan 2022, 15:12
Your inbox is full, couldn't send the message. I applied as TR FO.

All the best!
thank you......
all the best to you

jmc08
20th Jan 2022, 14:13
Hello Fellaws!!!

Any updates about how the assessment is?

Thanks,
👍🏻

flareflyer
21st Jan 2022, 00:09
Hello gents,

did they start calling NTR? FOs and DECs?

Flaperon777
21st Jan 2022, 06:59
Hello gents,

did they start calling NTR? FOs and DECs?
I don’t know of any NTR guys who have got called as yet. Capt’s or FO’s.
I also hear that the recruitment has slowed down considerably owing to some ‘replanning’ in schedules. Might pick up in the coming weeks.

flareflyer
21st Jan 2022, 11:34
I also hear that the recruitment has slowed down considerably owing to some ‘replanning’ in schedules. Might pick up in the coming weeks.

Thank you very much Flapperon for your answer.
I applied for NTR DEC but I am lucky enough to have actually a job and more
importantly to be current 😃
Good luck to all of us for brighter days

Flaperon777
21st Jan 2022, 11:59
Thank you very much Flapperon for your answer.
I applied for NTR DEC but I am lucky enough to have actually a job and more
importantly to be current 😃
Good luck to all of us for brighter days
Definitely one of the lucky few these days flareflyer. Definitely !

Tailstrik
21st Jan 2022, 15:11

They are calling both TR and NTR since November, only FO's. Big number of failed in all the assessment until now. Recruitment hasnt slow down, there are even more assessment in Feb than previous months (almost everyday!!). We just need to (still) be patient!! Good luck

flareflyer
21st Jan 2022, 23:25
They are calling both TR and NTR since November, only FO's. Big number of failed in all the assessment until now. Recruitment hasnt slow down, there are even more assessment in Feb than previous months (almost everyday!!). We just need to (still) be patient!! Good luck

Hopefully sooner rather than later will
also start with NTR DEC.
Sad to hear of high failure rate though

Flaperon777
22nd Jan 2022, 05:11
So they are doing FO’s first and then Capt’s …?
I was under the impression that it was TR and then NTR.
Why the high failure rate. Shouldn’t the assessors cater for the lack of stick time due to the pandemic.

Boomless
22nd Jan 2022, 09:13
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows the reason for so many number of fail´s?
Is it mostly on the first day (simulator) or second (interview)? Or both?

Cheers and good luck!

B737ngmax
22nd Jan 2022, 13:13
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows the reason for so many number of fail´s?
Is it mostly on the first day (simulator) or second (interview)? Or both?

Cheers and good luck!
I believe it has to be during simulator cause the assessor is looking at raw data performance of the candidate and nothing else. At a time when raw data skills are any which ways deteriorated due to reliance on automation and the skill has been deteriorated due to lack of flying, expecting flawless raw data ILS with max crosswinds is a bit too much. Airlines around the world during their trainings encourage usage of automation and even boeing hasn't reported a single incident / accident which resulted due to unavailability of flight directors or FMC. It's all the game of demand and supply at the end.

Boomless
22nd Jan 2022, 14:12
As NTR FO, this situation doesn't inspire me much confidence for my assessment... raw data in an unfamiliar type we need some time to adapt and get used to it.
Although, i totally agree with you that we are loosing our basic flying skills and its understandable that they want, among other skills, to evaluate that on the Sim.

Cheers

ngmo34
22nd Jan 2022, 21:23
Has anyone been to the assessment yet and would enlighten us or share with us how would the assessment be for the TR ? Maybe share a briefing package of those who been to Dubai ?
Good Luck to all

AIMINGHIGH123
22nd Jan 2022, 22:42
Seriously!! Are you guys not getting some SIM time before going out there?

I haven’t been invited yet NTR but if I do I will definitely go and get some fixed base SIM time. 1-2 hrs. My mate is going soon TR and he’s still going for a SIM refresh a week before.

Three Angels Message
24th Jan 2022, 09:42
Hi guys I have been told to expect a sim in March right now I was told that they are waiting for my group to be full before they can send me other details for visa application. I applied F.O NTR. All my docs will expire in Feb and when I told my recruitment officer she said I could go with expired docs and renew later if I am successful. My question is why would I need to renew on an aeroplane I will not use if I am going to be typerated on the B737?

Those who attended how many people were on the HR interview panel and what are some of the question they asked you if you are willing to share?

AIMINGHIGH123
24th Jan 2022, 12:14
I didn’t think you could start a type rating with out a valid IR. Not 100% sure though.

Valid medical would make sense from an employment perspective. Yes the company could put you through a medical themselves, however, if something were to flag up you may not be able to operate. Frustrating for you and them.

Three Angels Message
24th Jan 2022, 13:00
I didn’t think you could start a type rating with out a valid IR. Not 100% sure though.

Valid medical would make sense from an employment perspective. Yes the company could put you through a medical themselves, however, if something were to flag up you may not be able to operate. Frustrating for you and them.

Thanks for the thought. I hope they would consider me if I told them I would renew everything after I know I have passed but before the training starts. I have already renewed twice without getting a job. I cannot go on renewing indefinitely. If I was assured I have been picked for the training I would renew; not that I am happy to live with an expired licence but things are just not too good for me financially at the moment.

jmc08
24th Jan 2022, 14:43
Hi guys I have been told to expect a sim in March right now I was told that they are waiting for my group to be full before they can send me other details for visa application. I applied F.O NTR. All my docs will expire in Feb and when I told my recruitment officer she said I could go with expired docs and renew later if I am successful. My question is why would I need to renew on an aeroplane I will not use if I am going to be typerated on the B737?

Those who attended how many people were on the HR interview panel and what are some of the question they asked you if you are willing to share?

You need to have a current/valid license for GCAA Validation without a valid license the GCAA could not issue you a GCAA license.

AIMINGHIGH123
24th Jan 2022, 15:38
Thanks for the thought. I hope they would consider me if I told them I would renew everything after I know I have passed but before the training starts. I have already renewed twice without getting a job. I cannot go on renewing indefinitely. If I was assured I have been picked for the training I would renew; not that I am happy to live with an expired licence but things are just not too good for me financially at the moment.

Feel your pain man. This industry is brutal at times and right now is one of those!!!! I’m in a similar boat. I’m valid until September so got a while but funds are very low.

TMATPL
24th Jan 2022, 20:48

hi, I ll go in March too. Waiting for the group to be full also… good luck

Three Angels Message
28th Jan 2022, 08:59
Anybody received any new communication or information from Flydubai?

flareflyer
28th Jan 2022, 10:30
hi, I ll go in March too. Waiting for the group to be full also… good luck

Do you mean the group for the selection to be full?
Are you NTR?

TMATPL
28th Jan 2022, 10:52
Do you mean the group for the selection to be full?
Are you NTR?

yes, they need enough candidates for the group exercises and so on…

I’m TR

flareflyer
28th Jan 2022, 12:22
yes, they need enough candidates for the group exercises and so on…

I’m TR

Ok. Thanks 😃

Jovis
30th Jan 2022, 15:00
Hi Guys,

I'm expecting a Sim / Assessment in March for the TR 737 FO position. Completed online assessment and online auto-interview. Does anyone know where the assessment centre / sim centre actually in in Dubai? Looking at hotels / logistics and just trying to work out something suitable / cost-effective.

Thanks

Boomless
30th Jan 2022, 15:38
Hi guys,

I thought the group exercise was not part of the assessment anymore...

Jovis
30th Jan 2022, 17:03
Thanks TransportJock, appreciate the info.

Three Angels Message
30th Jan 2022, 19:26
They will either use the CAE sims in Silicon Oasis or at Garhoud. Most likely the ones at Silicon as that is where fz does all their training.
How about the rest of the interviews like the Hr interview, does it take place at the same place? Where would be the best place to book a hotel for easy movements to all the places. Thus to Sim, Medical, Hr interview. Anybody with an idea?

Deskjocky
1st Feb 2022, 08:49
Closer to your interview you will get a briefing pack for the sim as well as a list of recommended hotels to stay at. Sim is at Silcon Oasis and Hr interviews etc are at the new campus. Medical is done in down town Dubai.

Three Angels Message
1st Feb 2022, 08:49
I guess the Interviews etc are done at the new "campus" building. That building isnt too far away from Silicon Oasis so that might be a good place to stay. I am not sure about the medical.
Thank you for the information Transport jock, I know the medicals are done at a clinic called UniCare located at Burjuman shopping center. How easy is it to get to this center from these two areas?

High Energy
3rd Feb 2022, 13:48
Thank you for the information Transport jock, I know the medicals are done at a clinic called UniCare located at Burjuman shopping center. How easy is it to get to this center from these two areas?

My advice is to take a taxi. Saves a lot of hassle and they are not expensive. Traffic at peak times can be an issue though. Also the metro Red line stops right next to the center if you happen to be close to it. Burjuman center also has a big supermarket so if you need to do some quick shopping it’s convenient.

The Flying Boertjie
3rd Feb 2022, 14:22
Thank you!

AIMINGHIGH123
3rd Feb 2022, 19:17
Why not get a hire car?

I have driven twice the last 2 times I have been to the UAE.

Drove from Abu Dhabi to Dubai all over both cities and it’s pretty easy even from me who drives on the other side of the road normally.

Download an area of Dubai on google maps so you use no data and away you go.

I read on here of so many horror stories crazy drivers etc and yeah maybe 1 or 2 but honestly coming from London it was easy and much more free flowing even during rush hour. Yeah if you used to driving in countryside it will be a shock but compared to any major city one of the easier ones. Speed cameras seem to be everywhere so be careful. Not like UK where it’s pretty liberal really.

Can drive around at your leisure exploring. Petrol is so cheap and loads of free parking.

737a
7th Feb 2022, 19:12
Got called for an assessment in April and days to choose from. However, the email stated that there will be a day prior for the sim. The hotel, visa and medical are funded by the applicant. TR FO here, any clue of the offer and the bond? Upgrade time? If I have 5000 ttl all of them on the NG?

dimk
7th Feb 2022, 21:04
Got called for an assessment in April and days to choose from. However, the email stated that there will be a day prior for the sim. The hotel, visa and medical are funded by the applicant. TR FO here, any clue of the offer and the bond? Upgrade time? If I have 5000 ttl all of them on the NG?
Requirement for the upgrade is 4000 hrs total and 2000 hrs in the company

Tailstrik
8th Feb 2022, 05:35

You will get the offer together with the invitation for the assessment. The bond is published in the career website. Upgrade (if im not wrong...) is 4000TT, 2000 on type, 1000h in FZ, minimum 24 months since your initial line check.

YaGoonersYa
9th Feb 2022, 05:22
I just got an online interview with HR. Does anybody know that if I passed the interview next round will be Sim and Med check only or Do I have to go for an interview in Dubai again thank you?

georgica
9th Feb 2022, 11:23
If you pass, you will get an invitation for a face-to-face assessment in Dubai comprising sim, interview and medical. I do not know any other details yet, I will go in April for the assessment. If others know more, please share. I find it strange to have the simulator prior to the interview, but apparently this is the schedule..Good luck!

cpt.Bassem
11th Feb 2022, 20:51
Are they still sending out invitations to Dubai ? I did my online video interview on January 9th and heard nothing after that.

A320251N
13th Feb 2022, 00:11
Guys... Any NTR Capt heard anything from them lately?

T.Mc
14th Feb 2022, 07:26
If you pass, you will get an invitation for a face-to-face assessment in Dubai comprising sim, interview and medical. I do not know any other details yet, I will go in April for the assessment. If others know more, please share. I find it strange to have the simulator prior to the interview, but apparently this is the schedule..Good luck!
yes this is true, i also find it strange but the sim comes before the panel interview,
im not to sure about the group assessment but i have a feeling it has been removed.

normalaw
14th Feb 2022, 18:58
Any ex EK here joining FZ?
Message me please.
Thanks

AIMINGHIGH123
14th Feb 2022, 19:07
Seen they are advertising again!!

Maybe not getting the required numbers passing assessment!!!

Cloud_surfer007
15th Feb 2022, 07:14
Hey guys so the company started asking again for pilots although i applied earlier this year passed everything up to the video interview and never heard anything else

flareflyer
15th Feb 2022, 09:16
Apparently taking DEC’s from 1st of March.

Could you please explain?
thank you 😃

jonjon
15th Feb 2022, 10:44
I, along many others, applied as TR DEC back in October. I never heard back from them after completing the virtual interview.
I wonder if it means I would have to reapply or am I still in the system?
Any one else in the same situation?

Desertboki
15th Feb 2022, 11:34
Apparently taking DEC’s from 1st of March.

Very disheartening for current first officers that are awaiting their chance for years. It is also a warning to people applying with a lot of previous experience and think they will upgrade in the next 4 years.

VelocityNeverExceed
15th Feb 2022, 12:05
Very disheartening for current first officers that are awaiting their chance for years. It is also a warning to people applying with a lot of previous experience and think they will upgrade in the next 4 years.

Standard practice in the Middle-East. Anyone should know this.

loukt
15th Feb 2022, 21:36
One extra requirement which I don’t think has been mentioned before, but will probably not be an issue for most, is that you have to be 28 years old.

Like I said previously though, if you join this year, I wouldn’t expect an upgrade for at least 3-4 years due to the number of people waiting for an upgrade.

Plans change though..
Hi TJ
are u working with flydubai?
I have assessment on March 20 and would get infos about it
thx

SUAF
16th Feb 2022, 08:27
I see that the position for NTR DEC has been removed from their careers page, Type rated DEC only is available.

The Flying Boertjie
16th Feb 2022, 08:33
Hi guys and gals.
I have my sim on the 1st and assessment on the 2nd of March, anyone else here also on the same days?
Would love to get in contact!
Also when can one expect to receive the formal invitation document from FZ? Im leaving for DXB next week Friday....

Desertboki
16th Feb 2022, 11:46
I can neither confirm nor deny that, but i also dont know what they are doing in the assesments at the moment. All I have heard is that the failure rate on the sim checks has been a lot higher than they expected (mainly to do with maunal flying and manual thrust use apparently).

But you know everything in Flydubai the second they announce recruitment. The number of applicants etc. You should help all these guys with the knowledge of how great flydubai is to work for. Maybe tell flydubai,out of 4000+ applicants how many have applied for multiple airlines. How many in the holding pool that will go to Emirates or Qatar before ever setting foot in terminal 2?

High Energy
16th Feb 2022, 14:12

Stop the constant negativity if you don’t have all the facts. It’s not disheartening. Far from it. They are open and honest about it internally. Recently there were several message from top management and flt ops stating that upgrades are at full steam and with actual numbers. Before the number of monthly upgrades they are doing now was the exception. Now it’s the norm. It’s the maximum training can handle. They’ve extended NG leases as there is more work than expected coming up apparently. Again, more airplanes means the need for more crew thus continuous upgrades. They have to take DEC’s to fill gaps left by FO’s failing the upgrade and an increase in flying/aircraft. FO’s now have a transparent system where they now have a good idea where they are in the queue. Plus they have the option to postpone it if it doesn’t work for them at that specific time. Without losing your position in the queue. Covid and the MAX grounding pushed everything back from the previous 2.5yrs to 4-5 at the moment. Not the company’s fault and they are doing all the can to upgrade FO’s. The fact that the outlook for 2022 is better that expected means good news and upgrade times reducing faster than expected too.

Oh, and I hear guys/girls applying are being told during the interview the upgrade is between 4-5 yrs at the moment. Again, no one is hiding stuff.

AIMINGHIGH123
16th Feb 2022, 19:29
Who said I know everything? All the figures are from the rumour mill and the recruitment i saw on LinkedIn first.

If people are only applying to FZ, then they would be daft in my opinion. Why would you put all your eggs in one basket. Most pilots I know apply to multiple airlines and chose what suits them best when the time comes to make a decision..

Stop trying to look for drama where there is none and go back to wandering the beaches of KZN will ya.

Exactly. Many thousands out of work applying to everything they can!!!

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!!

Dingleberry Handpump
16th Feb 2022, 20:20
Stop the constant negativity if you don’t have all the facts. It’s not disheartening. Far from it. They are open and honest about it internally. Recently there were several message from top management and flt ops stating that upgrades are at full steam and with actual numbers. Before the number of monthly upgrades they are doing now was the exception. Now it’s the norm. It’s the maximum training can handle. They’ve extended NG leases as there is more work than expected coming up apparently. Again, more airplanes means the need for more crew thus continuous upgrades. They have to take DEC’s to fill gaps left by FO’s failing the upgrade and an increase in flying/aircraft. FO’s now have a transparent system where they now have a good idea where they are in the queue. Plus they have the option to postpone it if it doesn’t work for them at that specific time. Without losing your position in the queue. Covid and the MAX grounding pushed everything back from the previous 2.5yrs to 4-5 at the moment. Not the company’s fault and they are doing all the can to upgrade FO’s. The fact that the outlook for 2022 is better that expected means good news and upgrade times reducing faster than expected too.

Oh, and I hear guys/girls applying are being told during the interview the upgrade is between 4-5 yrs at the moment. Again, no one is hiding stuff.
4-5 year upgrade begs the question as to why you would choose FZ over EK? The draw to the former was always the rapid command. Now it appears similar to EK.

Rie
17th Feb 2022, 05:34
4-5 year upgrade begs the question as to why you would choose FZ over EK? The draw to the former was always the rapid command. Now it appears similar to EK.

Those that get into FZ in the past have been those who’s CV was never looked at when applying to EK.

If quality exists now then the only ones applying are the desperate who cannot hold out for EK.

Three Angels Message
17th Feb 2022, 09:29
I just got an online interview with HR. Does anybody know that if I passed the interview next round will be Sim and Med check only or Do I have to go for an interview in Dubai again thank you?
I just got a request for an online interview as well. I was expecting to go for sim assessment and face to face interview in march but it has been changed to online interview and if I pass it then I will go for a sim check only in May. I guess things are changing everyday and for the NTR as I am will be the last group to be considered for a place. But atleast there is positive correspondence from them. But as we are not clearly out of the woods yet the road ahead is unpredictable. Anything can change anytime.

Desertboki
17th Feb 2022, 10:02
It would be nice if the people who made comments degrading Fz actually knew what they were talking about.

No hotel that are used for layovers are anything less than 4 star.

Not one single person has complained about Daman since that came into effect. I can’t say the same for the previous providers.

There probably is an unspoken rule that you can’t move during the bond period, but if ek gets desperate like they have in the last, then rules change..

As for the deep night turns, do you really think EK only does day flying with no night turns? I would personally rather do a flight and sleep in my own bed afterwards than in a bunk in the aircraft..

I have said it before many times. Ek and Fz suit different people who want different things. It all depends what you want out of the job. Neither is perfect but there is no perfect airline job in the world. Just look at what happened to the one in the fragrant harbour that was once one of the most prestigious ones to work for..

This is the joke of the day. I remember the Peninsula in Chittagong with bed bugs.You will be telling me it’s the Burj Al Arab next. My unfortunate friend who is still there says he stayed in an Ibis in Budapest. As for the health insurance good knows what Damam is . You really need good Heath insurance in the Middle East for your family.

Desertboki
17th Feb 2022, 10:11
Those that get into FZ in the past have been those who’s CV was never looked at when applying to EK.

If quality exists now then the only ones applying are the desperate who cannot hold out for EK.

Exactly, anyone I had seen with talent in FZ moved off after 2-3 years.

Desertboki
17th Feb 2022, 11:19
It would be nice if the people who made comments degrading Fz actually knew what they were talking about.

No hotel that are used for layovers are anything less than 4 star.

Not one single person has complained about Daman since that came into effect. I can’t say the same for the previous providers.

There probably is an unspoken rule that you can’t move during the bond period, but if ek gets desperate like they have in the last, then rules change..

As for the deep night turns, do you really think EK only does day flying with no night turns? I would personally rather do a flight and sleep in my own bed afterwards than in a bunk in the aircraft..

I have said it before many times. Ek and Fz suit different people who want different things. It all depends what you want out of the job. Neither is perfect but there is no perfect airline job in the world. Just look at what happened to the one in the fragrant harbour that was once one of the most prestigious ones to work for..

Every Carrier in the Middle East operate night turn arounds. No other carrier in the ME have roster as bad as flydubai. No other ME carrier operate 4 + hour routes regularly at night to the North Central Asia/ Russia at night in winter months, de icing with out engineering.The only exception is Air Arabia but they do not have as many destinations.

High Energy
17th Feb 2022, 11:42
This is the joke of the day. I remember the Peninsula in Chittagong with bed bugs.You will be telling me it’s the Burj Al Arab next. My unfortunate friend who is still there says he stayed in an Ibis in Budapest. As for the health insurance good knows what Damam is . You really need good Heath insurance in the Middle East for your family.

Again, your negative attitude. Can you not accept that it might not have suited you but suits others really nicely? I’ve got no fancy whatsoever of even looking at EK.

Ok. Some facts. We currently have around 100 destinations of which 29 are layover destinations. And only one day deadhead to Sharm El Sheikh by the way. Unless that night Alexandria is still there that would make it two deadheads. One day, one night. But I’ve not done that one in years nor do I know if it still there or not.

All crew hotels are 4 stars except Budapest and Krabi. Never been to both of them so I can’t judge them. Three of them are actually 5 stars. Furthermore stars ar in my eyes subjective. Just like Skytrax awards. P.s. the CGP hotel has been changed many, many years ago. The current one is one of the most fancy ones we have actually. So strange to have such a hotel in such a poor country. We briefly changed to a different provider in DAR a while back but after many crew complaints we were back in our old one very quickly. It was actually changed to reduce commute times due to the horrible DAR traffic. So we do get listened to.

Our health insurance provider usually changes every year. This year we have Damam. And so far so good. I’ve (me+family) had to use it a few times unfortunately but got much better service and quicker approval times than say AXA. The policy is the same as our previous supplier AXA. I’m not up-to-speed with maternity cover details tbh.

Why is your friend ‘unfortunate’? If you feel pity on him that says something about you. If he doesn’t like it then there are other options around the world. The pilot job markets goes in cycles as you know. Wait for the next wave and surf out into the sunset…

The command time will come down again. We’re taking in 17.5% of the amount of MAX’s Southwest receives in 2022. That’s an airline with a fleet of 730+ 737’s. And NG leases have been extended as I already mentioned. Seeing we’re in a (p)endemic too I would say there is cause for optimism.

I know you’d laugh at me for saying this but I’m very happy at FDB.

A guy I know that went from FZ to EK many moons ago developed ‘obstructive sleep apnea’. According to himself due to sleep deprivation. He wishes he’d stayed at FZ despite making more money now. Swings and roundabouts.

The rosters are really not bad tbh. No bidding or swapping is a big issue. That’s true. Swapping comes back in March but at a reduced scale. Other than that a few too many layovers for my liking but that’s just me. All night DHD’s are I think gone (see comment above) and are now layovers. The longest night turn we have is Colombo. So no winter ops. The longest night turn with winter ops is only Bishkek followed by MCX in Southern Russia or Tashkent. The other winter ops ones all changed to layovers a long time ago. Then there are the night India turns. The same ones as EK, Air Arabia or Etihad. Or Oman, Gulf Air, Jazeera, Salaam Air, Kuwait etc etc. Some airlines do layovers there. Personally I’m glad we don’t. Not because of the destinations but just because I don’t want nor like layovers.

As long as you come to the Middle East knowing the facts you know what you can reasonably expect. Not everyone is suited to FZ nor EK. Nor perceived ‘dream jobs’ like BA or DL. The job itself is 50%. The other 50% is the region/country/politics/safety and you family wishes and desires for now and the future.

ramang
17th Feb 2022, 12:53
TR FO here, interested in FZ. Can anyone tell what MPA hour stands for? (maybe Multi Pilot Aerocraft......?)

AIMINGHIGH123
17th Feb 2022, 15:04
Again, your negative attitude. Can you not accept that it might not have suited you but suits others really nicely? I’ve got no fancy whatsoever of even looking at EK.

Ok. Some facts. We currently have around 100 destinations of which 29 are layover destinations. And only one day deadhead to Sharm El Sheikh by the way. Unless that night Alexandria is still there that would make it two deadheads. One day, one night. But I’ve not done that one in years nor do I know if it still there or not.

All crew hotels are 4 stars except Budapest and Krabi. Never been to both of them so I can’t judge them. Three of them are actually 5 stars. Furthermore stars ar in my eyes subjective. Just like Skytrax awards. P.s. the CGP hotel has been changed many, many years ago. The current one is one of the most fancy ones we have actually. So strange to have such a hotel in such a poor country. We briefly changed to a different provider in DAR a while back but after many crew complaints we were back in our old one very quickly. It was actually changed to reduce commute times due to the horrible DAR traffic. So we do get listened to.

Our health insurance provider usually changes every year. This year we have Damam. And so far so good. I’ve (me+family) had to use it a few times unfortunately but got much better service and quicker approval times than say AXA. The policy is the same as our previous supplier AXA. I’m not up-to-speed with maternity cover details tbh.

Why is your friend ‘unfortunate’? If you feel pity on him that says something about you. If he doesn’t like it then there are other options around the world. The pilot job markets goes in cycles as you know. Wait for the next wave and surf out into the sunset…

The command time will come down again. We’re taking in 17.5% of the amount of MAX’s Southwest receives in 2022. That’s an airline with a fleet of 730+ 737’s. And NG leases have been extended as I already mentioned. Seeing we’re in a (p)endemic too I would say there is cause for optimism.

A guy I know that went from FZ to EK many moons ago developed ‘obstructive sleep apnea’. According to himself due to sleep deprivation. He wishes he’d stayed at FZ despite making more money now. Swings and roundabouts.

The rosters are really not bad tbh. No bidding or swapping is a big issue. That’s true. Swapping comes back in March but at a reduced scale. Other than that a few too many layovers for my liking but that’s just me. All night DHD’s are I think gone (see comment above) and are now layovers. The longest night turn we have is Colombo. So no winter ops. The longest night turn with winter ops is only Bishkek followed by MCX in Southern Russia or Tashkent. The other winter ops ones all changed to layovers a long time ago. Then there are the night India turns. The same ones as EK, Air Arabia or Etihad. Or Oman, Gulf Air, Jazeera, Salaam Air, Kuwait etc etc. Some airlines do layovers there. Personally I’m glad we don’t. Not because of the destinations but just because I don’t want nor like layovers.

As long as you come to the Middle East knowing the facts you know what you can reasonably expect. Not everyone is suited to FZ nor EK. Nor perceived ‘dream jobs’ like BA or DL. The job itself is 50%. The other 50% is the region/country/politics/safety and you family wishes and desires for now and the future.

Last paragraph sums up aviation perfectly in ideal situations. Current situation (aviation wise) is rubbish everywhere outside of USA. Waiting for EK might take ages!!! Then they could open and say you must have flown 30t+ within last 12 months or 24 months etc etc. In this situation I would say take the best you can. I know many that are doing just that. Not just at FZ but all over people saying short term to keep hand in etc etc.

Reims_Rocket
18th Feb 2022, 08:12

I just want to thank you for your post! Objective, accurate and straight to the point.

Desertboki
18th Feb 2022, 09:03

Exactly. You would have 4-5 years contributing to your provident fund too which is huge. Confirmed staff travel and tickets for the wife and kids. Flydubai is just low/ marginal operational Emirates these days. Minus the ULH. Overnights will grow and grow in FZ with deliveries of the max.

Desertboki
18th Feb 2022, 09:32
All crew hotels are 4 stars except Budapest and Krabi. Never been to both of them so I can’t judge them.
——-They were all 4 star your last post.

Why is your friend ‘unfortunate’? If you feel pity on him that says something about you. If he doesn’t like it then there are other options around the world—-—Do not worry he is leaving like so many more FOs in FZ to in the coming months.

The command time will come down again. We’re taking in 17.5% of the amount of MAX’s Southwest receives in 2022.——-I have no idea what southwest has to do with FZ or command time. There will never be an early command in FZ. As you said training is at max capacity. They will look for the quick fix of DEC options like they are right now.

A guy I know that went from FZ to EK many moons ago developed ‘obstructive sleep apnea’. According to himself due to sleep deprivation.——-How long was he working for FZ before hand ? It sounds like it could be cumulative after long periods?

The rosters are really not bad tbh. No bidding or swapping is a big issue. ——-That’s true.
Please ask any current flydubai pilot what the rosters are currently like in flydubai.I have seen some. This could not be further from the truth. All anyone has to do is ask and you will find the truth.

Jacky_tg26
18th Feb 2022, 14:57
I just got a request for an online interview as well. I was expecting to go for sim assessment and face to face interview in march but it has been changed to online interview and if I pass it then I will go for a sim check only in May. I guess things are changing everyday and for the NTR as I am will be the last group to be considered for a place. But atleast there is positive correspondence from them. But as we are not clearly out of the woods yet the road ahead is unpredictable. Anything can change anytime.
Hi bro,
Do you known about online interview's topic? I invited to interview next month. If you know, please suggest me. Thank you and Good luck.

Sunnyboy
18th Feb 2022, 22:03
Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me how many days before an simulator assessment do HR send an invitation email for Visa? Been waiting for it so that i can apply for Visa. Thanks

flareflyer
19th Feb 2022, 10:50
People I know familiar with the matter suggest otherwise, particularly for the likes of; Albania, Nepal, Bucharest, (and at the time) Catania.

They also suggest Uganda, Zanzibar, and as of recently Sri Lanka are equally as poor - although probably classified otherwise by your company.

I have to say I am quite surprised to read such discussion.
We are getting, hopefully, out of two disastrous years for aviation and not only.
Many colleagues have lost their jobs and here you discuss about hotel stars…….
I consider my self lucky to have a decent flying job, I applied as DEC NTR and I really hope
to have the chance to get the job.
If some of you is worried about hotel stars or nights lost or in how many years to get the upgrade probably you don’t need a job.
I spent 15 years in ek, I then decided to change, now, after having experienced different realities I came to the conclusion that for me and my family, FZ is the best option.
So, considering that those reading this forum are interested in joining let’s be focused on what really matters.
Thanks
flare

Desertboki
19th Feb 2022, 14:57
I have to say I am quite surprised to read such discussion.
We are getting, hopefully, out of two disastrous years for aviation and not only.
Many colleagues have lost their jobs and here you discuss about hotel stars…….
I consider my self lucky to have a decent flying job, I applied as DEC NTR and I really hope
to have the chance to get the job.
If some of you is worried about hotel stars or nights lost or in how many years to get the upgrade probably you don’t need a job.
I spent 15 years in ek, I then decided to change, now, after having experienced different realities I came to the conclusion that for me and my family, FZ is the best option.
So, considering that those reading this forum are interested in joining let’s be focused on what really matters.
Thanks
flare

I do sympathise with you and can see your point of view. It has been a horrible 2 years for aviation but please remember those who have been working have had their terms and conditions eroded considerably too. Flydubai have taken advantage of this. I wish you well on your flydubai quest if that is what you fancy. The hotel star rating is much more than the rating. As you were in EK you will find that they have standard for choosing a hotel for quality of life.. 24/7 room service is a must for flight crew that are sleeping on minimum rest during the day and want to eat at night. With considerable time spent away from home it can be a big factor for many. If you spend a 7-10 days a month in an Ibis style hotel. As you have probably connections in Dubai I would strongly consider getting in touch with colleges about flydubai. I comment on her as a warning and to highlight the trappings of flydubai.I believe there are 2-3 very pro company posters and I find that very misleading. Some others accuse me of being pessimistic, these people have never worked at FlyDubai. Most current flydubai employees do not comment on here.

flareflyer
19th Feb 2022, 16:35
I do sympathise with you and can see your point of view. It has been a horrible 2 years for aviation but please remember those who have been working have had their terms and conditions eroded considerably too. Flydubai have taken advantage of this. I wish you well on your flydubai quest if that is what you fancy. The hotel star rating is much more than the rating. As you were in EK you will find that they have standard for choosing a hotel for quality of life.. 24/7 room service is a must for flight crew that are sleeping on minimum rest during the day and want to eat at night. With considerable time spent away from home it can be a big factor for many. If you spend a 7-10 days a month in an Ibis style hotel. As you have probably connections in Dubai I would strongly consider getting in touch with colleges about flydubai. I comment on her as a warning and to highlight the trappings of flydubai.I believe there are 2-3 very pro company posters and I find that very misleading. Some others accuse me of being pessimistic, these people have never worked at FlyDubai. Most current flydubai employees do not comment on here.

I have plenty of friends that are and have been working for FZ for many years. Honestly none of them are as disappointed as you are and do not see the company the way you do.
I respect your view but honestly my friends, and they are many, are very happy to be working for FZ. In fact they also push me to join.
we all are quite experienced and mature enough to make our own decisions whatever it is.
If you still are with FZ I would suggest you to look elsewhere. The market is picking up and more options are now available.
I honestly miss Dubai but I don’t miss ek at all.
in fact, willing to move back to Dubai I would rather choose FZ a thousand times 😃😃😃
Anyway, I wish all of us to get what we want regardless the opinions 😃
finally we see the light at the end of the tunnel 😃😃😃 Inshallah 😃

B737ngmax
19th Feb 2022, 18:42

This guy is a broken record 😂😆
He's self appointed savior of pilot community, and his pessimism means no end. Ignore him fella's.

Leasky
19th Feb 2022, 19:10
IAm expecting sim and hr interview in april, does the rules change now. so hrinterview is online?
I just igot a request for an online interview as well. I was expecting to go for sim assessment and face to face interview in march but it has been changed to online interview and if I pass it then I will go for a sim check only in May. I guess things are changing everyday and for the NTR as I am will be the last group to be considered for a place. But atleast there is positive correspondence from them. But as we are not clearly out of the woods yet the road ahead is unpredictable. Anything can change anytime.

Leasky
19th Feb 2022, 19:12
Any feedback for the hr interview

Desertboki
19th Feb 2022, 19:14
I have plenty of friends that are and have been working for FZ for many years. Honestly none of them are as disappointed as you are and do not see the company the way you do.
I respect your view but honestly my friends, and they are many, are very happy to be working for FZ. In fact they also push me to join.
we all are quite experienced and mature enough to make our own decisions whatever it is.
If you still are with FZ I would suggest you to look elsewhere. The market is picking up and more options are now available.
I honestly miss Dubai but I don’t miss ek at all.
in fact, willing to move back to Dubai I would rather choose FZ a thousand times 😃😃😃
Anyway, I wish all of us to get what we want regardless the opinions 😃
finally we see the light at the end of the tunnel 😃😃😃 Inshallah 😃

I am delighted you got what you wanted in flydubai. I wish you well. Please keep us in mine and notify us of how the experience is going for future recruits.

flareflyer
19th Feb 2022, 23:24
I am delighted you got what you wanted in flydubai. I wish you well. Please keep us in mine and notify us of how the experience is going for future recruits.

I really hope!!!! I didn’t go through the sim yet so I don’t know if I will succeed. If I will I will let you know and I will keep you posted about my feelings 😃

normalaw
20th Feb 2022, 06:45
Today three ex ek 380 FOs had the interview. Yesterday the sim.
as soon as I get more info I will post it.
Did they get the offer?

Ansharted
20th Feb 2022, 14:22
Hello good people ,greetings

i have applied for TR FO i currently hold right around 2300 HRS on type and only have CPL and not ATPL, i have gone through the online assessment and interview. My question is will FZ require me to obtain my ATPL prior joining? Thanks before

Hellboy737
21st Feb 2022, 06:52
How long do we have to wait for a reply/offer letter after completing the process?

Twiglet1
23rd Feb 2022, 17:01
Why am I not surprised that Fly Dubai are still flying to Kiev Ukraine (23/2 1800z)

Three Angels Message
23rd Feb 2022, 17:30
Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me how many days before an simulator assessment do HR send an invitation email for Visa? Been waiting for it so that i can apply for Visa. Thanks
Check your inbox my message cannot go through because your inbox is full. Please empty it.

Three Angels Message
23rd Feb 2022, 17:52
Any feedback for the hr interview
Yes atleast for me it has changed I have been invited to an online interview early next month.

excrab
23rd Feb 2022, 18:23
Why am I not surprised that Fly Dubai are still flying to Kiev Ukraine (23/2 1800z)

Are you also not surprised that KLM, Air France and Lufthansa also appear to still be flying to Kiev ? (Or at least tickets appear to be bookable on their websites). Or is it just Flydubai that you feel should not be flying to a destination which isn’t a war zone ?

boeingbusdriver
23rd Feb 2022, 20:15
Hi, approx how long after completing the video interview do you receive feedback? I am a TR FO with about 1600 hours on type.

flareflyer
24th Feb 2022, 11:32
Hi Flareflyer, looks like you're acquainted with many FZ pilots. Do you maybe know about the passing/coversion rate for the second officer position with Flydubai after completion of the type rating at ECFT? I'm NTR and only have 300hrs TT.

Hi Sushi,

I am sorry but I have no clue. I have friends working in FZ but Honestly I don’t think they know about it.
I wish you all the best.
Flare

flareflyer
25th Feb 2022, 08:35
Transport

Doh! that's why I put the time and date.

Talking about utter rubbish and nonsense best you not look at this then...

Incident: Flydubai B38M at Belgrade on Feb 18th 2022, wrong takeoff performance (avherald.com) (http://avherald.com/h?article=4f4e09cc&opt=0)

And your point is??

Domes
25th Feb 2022, 12:56
sushi water
I did 2019 assessment and there was a guy with us from Greece Second Officer.

He did only the group exercise and HR interview . then he was offered the job.
he did the type rating in CAE Dubai. I believe that is why he was chosen with out sim assessment.

ngmo34
26th Feb 2022, 13:37
I heard they have been cancelling some simulator sessions for the March interviews, either they are over loaded or there is a reason for this, does anyone have an idea what is going on ?

Johnthemidjit
28th Feb 2022, 03:32
Recruitment might be stopping due to the Ukraine/Russia situation

Tailstrik
28th Feb 2022, 05:47

Any confirmation about this or you are just assuming that...?

Deskjocky
28th Feb 2022, 05:54
As a very keen observer of this process and a participant in it as well, I would suggest that that FZ seem to be prioritising certain candidates over others and, so are cancelling some that have been given interview dates in favour of other candidates. The recruitment process seems to be evolving, some candidates have had online team’s interviews that have been followed up with invitations to the sim assessment quite quickly

Anyway, that’s my perception and it may totally incorrect as well!

nidan
28th Feb 2022, 06:51
anyone here from indonesia? glad to know that im not alone

Three Angels Message
28th Feb 2022, 19:58
As a very keen observer of this process and a participant in it as well, I would suggest that that FZ seem to be prioritising certain candidates over others and, so are cancelling some that have been given interview dates in favour of other candidates. The recruitment process seems to be evolving, some candidates have had online team’s interviews that have been followed up with invitations to the sim assessment quite quickly

Anyway, that’s my perception and it may totally incorrect as well!
Your observation is not far from the truth...I have noticed that FZ learns quickly and adjusts rapidly to the changing environment...atleast in this period

CaptZeloZelo
28th Feb 2022, 22:24
Couldn't be further from the truth. We're all very busy right now and can't wait for more First Officers to join us. It seems most people are finally back at wanting to travel and enjoy their lives. We're currently doing 80-90 hours months.
The sims are pretty much running at full capacity between our recurrents and new hires.

SUAF
2nd Mar 2022, 05:49
Any news on Hiring DEC NTR?

Cheers

B737ngmax
2nd Mar 2022, 05:58
Any news on Hiring DEC NTR?

Cheers
That's been put on back burner for now. Failure rate of NTR pilots was astronomical, so that's why TR's will be called first as they are available in abundance.

Desertboki
2nd Mar 2022, 12:11
That's been put on back burner for now. Failure rate of NTR pilots was astronomical, so that's why TR's will be called first as they are available in abundance.

Lol, abundance from where ? So you need to be TR to get a job there now? How many of the so called 4000 pilots transport jock says is dying to start would be rated? They will be grounding planes yet with lack of crew. The package and rosters are so good they will have planes collecting sand In DWC.Amazing for the best airline ever to work at.

B737ngmax
2nd Mar 2022, 12:40
Lol, abundance from where ? So you need to be TR to get a job there now? How many of the so called 4000 pilots transport jock says is dying to start would be rated? They will be grounding planes yet with lack of crew. The package and rosters are so good they will have planes collecting sand In DWC.Amazing for the best airline ever to work at.
Well they are getting TR from India (AI express / Jet airways / Spicejet) and UK (Ryanair). Their upgrades are as fast as it can be. So I don't see them grounding their planes at DWC due shortage of crew anytime soon 😂

TMATPL
2nd Mar 2022, 13:37
Hi,

Do you know how long for the command upgrade for an experienced FO?

thanks

Couldn't be further from the truth. We're all very busy right now and can't wait for more First Officers to join us. It seems most people are finally back at wanting to travel and enjoy their lives. We're currently doing 80-90 hours months.
The sims are pretty much running at full capacity between our recurrents and new hires.

AIMINGHIGH123
2nd Mar 2022, 17:13

Yay Desertboki back. I will get the popcorn.

As said RYR will lose some to them. That’s why RYR is recruiting 500 pilots this year at least!!!

Still loads of 737 TR guys/gals looking for jobs.

Deskjocky
2nd Mar 2022, 20:23
Absolutely, in my part of the world there is a lot of interest, I personally know of a least twenty type rated crew who have already completed the recruitment process or are going to DXB shortly for the assessment.

Mister
3rd Mar 2022, 08:53
Are type rated Captains being called to the team interviews and after to the sim in Dubai at the moment?. I have several friends applying and only the ones who are F/Os seem to have their applications progressing beyond the recorded interview. The ones who are Captains did not hear anything after the recorded interview.

KR.

Three Angels Message
3rd Mar 2022, 10:37
I just had my online interview cancelled some hours before the time and I was told to wait for new a schedule. Cited operational reasons. Anybody knows what's going on? Can it really be because of the Russia-Ukraine crisis? Anybody else on this group who received a similar mail?

Cloud_surfer007
3rd Mar 2022, 11:54

B737ngmax i applied for TR DEC back in october 2021. Passed the 3 stages up until the video interview and i was never ever contacted. Applied again !! In feb 2022 did the video interview also never contacted, I’m actively flying the 737-800 and type rated and nothing ?? Any idea on what’s going on ?? Seems you know stuff by your comments thanks

CaptZeloZelo
3rd Mar 2022, 20:09
B737ngmax i applied for TR DEC back in october 2021. Passed the 3 stages up until the video interview and i was never ever contacted. Applied again !! In feb 2022 did the video interview also never contacted, I’m actively flying the 737-800 and type rated and nothing ?? Any idea on what’s going on ?? Seems you know stuff by your comments thanks
Right now our sims are running at Max capacity (no pun intended)....
It seems we are short of FOs at the time being with most of us doing high number of hours. We are also upgrading as many as we possibly can in our limited availability of sim slots. I'd say whenever they're in need of captains they'll look at DEC but for most of us here we hope it doesn't come to that anytime soon.
Many FOs here have been waiting for 3-6 years for the upgrade but due to the MAX and Covid situations never had the chance to give it a go.
As for MAX collecting dust in DWC; please head to DWC and take pictures for me as to what you're referring too. This isn't covid times no more. We're operating on all cylinders!

excrab
4th Mar 2022, 06:54
So the FOs feel entitled to a command after 3-6 years!?

By that rationale, how dare they join direct as FOs - why don't all new recruits to the company join as CC, or sweeping the hangar? And likewise the CEO! Maybe because experience is important.

He or she didn’t say they felt “entitled” to a command, but that they should be offered the chance if they were suitable, which is entirely different. As far as experience goes an F/O with 3 to 6 years experience at Fz will have somewhere between 2400 to 4800 hours on the 737 in flydubai’s operations plus whatever hours they joined with, probably a minimum of 2500 and many with a lot more than that, so certainly enough for an upgrade if they pass the various checks. And Flydubai don’t give commands away, or at least they never used to, upgradees have to earn it.

Why would a captain with 5000 hrs from Ryanair doing European ops be better than an f/o upgrading with the same number of hours in the ME, Africa, India, Russia and Europe with flydubai ?

Hublot
4th Mar 2022, 07:22
Is the rumor true still that if you join fly Dubai your chances at emirates are gone and vice versa ?

Desertboki
4th Mar 2022, 07:43
It seems we are short of FOs at the time being with most of us doing high number of hours. We are also upgrading as many as we possibly can in our limited availability of sim slots. I'd say whenever they're in need of captains they'll look at DEC but for most of us here we hope it doesn't come to that anytime soon.
Many FOs here have been waiting for 3-6 years for the upgrade but due to the MAX and Covid situations never had the chance to give it a go.
As for MAX collecting dust in DWC; please head to DWC and take pictures for me as to what you're referring too. This isn't covid times no more. We're operating on all cylinders!

Yes I believe it’s very busy in flydubai. I’m saying in the coming months with lack of crew and deliveries, planes will be parked up.

Cloud_surfer007
4th Mar 2022, 11:26
He or she didn’t say they felt “entitled” to a command, but that they should be offered the chance if they were suitable, which is entirely different. As far as experience goes an F/O with 3 to 6 years experience at Fz will have somewhere between 2400 to 4800 hours on the 737 in flydubai’s operations plus whatever hours they joined with, probably a minimum of 2500 and many with a lot more than that, so certainly enough for an upgrade if they pass the various checks. And Flydubai don’t give commands away, or at least they never used to, upgradees have to earn it.

Why would a captain with 5000 hrs from Ryanair doing European ops be better than an f/o upgrading with the same number of hours in the ME, Africa, India, Russia and Europe with flydubai ?
excrab
a captain in ryanair doing european ops is useless anyways, i think all europeans are useless in this region. But what i do agree on with the guy you are answering is why do they even open vacancies for Captains and then don’t get in contact with any :/ that is very un-professional.

flareflyer
4th Mar 2022, 15:33
excrab
a captain in ryanair doing european ops is useless anyways, i think all europeans are useless in this region. But what i do agree on with the guy you are answering is why do they even open vacancies for Captains and then don’t get in contact with any :/ that is very un-professional.

I am from Europe, I really hope to join and than have the chance to fly with you to learn something. I hope not to be too useless…….

Cloud_surfer007
4th Mar 2022, 15:36
I am from Europe, I really hope to join and than have the chance to fly with you to learn something. I hope not to be too useless…….

flareflyer i have nothing Against you personally bro. But i have operated a few years in this region as a F/O and i’ve been a Captain on the 738 for 3 years as well in the same region. I think eastern pilots (indians, pakistanis, or asians and middle Easterns) in general are better prepared for this region. Best of luck getting hired

excrab
4th Mar 2022, 16:41

You also say you spent 15 years at EK. So you’re not the hypothetical 5000 hr Ryanair Captain I was talking about…

Charlio
4th Mar 2022, 17:11
You also say you spent 15 years at EK. So you’re not the hypothetical 5000 hr Ryanair Captain I was talking about…

Allow me to disagree...just consider that few years ago half Qatar airways was ex-ryanair...so i guess they are not totally useless after all...

Hublot
4th Mar 2022, 17:25
still short on FOs ? The Apply link is not working on the website.

CaptZeloZelo
4th Mar 2022, 18:28
still short on FOs ? The Apply link is not working on the website.
They're busy sorting thru the first round of applicants still my friend. It's going to take some time. We don't have the capacities to train 200 pilots a month!
We're short; yes. We're hiring; yes. We're training guys as we speak; yes yes!

I never said the FOs were entitled to an upgrade but they do deserve the shot at the interview and sim assessment for upgrade. As previously stated the region is extremely challenging and has been the most diverse flying i've ever done in my life. -10 severe snowstorm one day to monsoon season in indian HF the next day.

As for the guy asking about FZ to EK. There's an anti poach agreement. EK will NOT consider you for any interviews until your initial 3 year bond with FZ is completed. This was pre-pandemic but I believe it'll still be in effect once things normalize once again.

flareflyer
5th Mar 2022, 08:59
flareflyer i have nothing Against you personally bro. But i have operated a few years in this region as a F/O and i’ve been a Captain on the 738 for 3 years as well in the same region. I think eastern pilots (indians, pakistanis, or asians and middle Easterns) in general are better prepared for this region. Best of luck getting hired

Interesting observation……. In Europe you have LVO and Cold weather ops in Winter and hot season and bad weather in summer flying to certain airports in Greece.
It is a very complete operation.
But the most important thing is the humble approach you should have towards the job and your colleagues.
I had the luck to be trainer in Ek for a few years so I do not see the differences that you see……
Anyway good luck to you and all off us.
Flare

masalama
7th Mar 2022, 03:30
Interesting observation……. In Europe you have LVO and Cold weather ops in Winter and hot season and bad weather in summer flying to certain airports in Greece.
It is a very complete operation.
But the most important thing is the humble approach you should have towards the job and your colleagues.
I had the luck to be trainer in Ek for a few years so I do not see the differences that you see……
Anyway good luck to you and all off us.
Flare
I agree wholeheartedly.
Branding pilots of a region as "useless" is just total cr$p.
There are good and bad apples everywhere , we've all seen the varied types.
It takes good knowledge, skills and specially the right attitude (non- technical skills) to make a good candidate and fortunately , airlines are usually pretty good in the vetting process to ensure the right fit for their airline.
All the best guys and gals , things are looking good worldwide for aviation all things considered :ok:

Jovis
7th Mar 2022, 11:34
I'm going for a 2-day assessment in Dubai next week (TR, FO) - if anyone else is going, it would be good to link up prior. PM me on here,

Thank you

GeoFly
9th Mar 2022, 07:54
I'm going for a 2-day assessment in Dubai next week (TR, FO) - if anyone else is going, it would be good to link up prior. PM me on here,

Thank you
Hey
when was you video interviewed bro?

B Crew
9th Mar 2022, 08:21
Fz extremely busy at the moment, pilots have around 90 hrs on the roster for march.

mischo1990
9th Mar 2022, 10:40

Thank you
Did you get an email from them? I did the online interview Didn't hear from them since. (2 weeks i guess).

Desertboki
9th Mar 2022, 12:02
Fz extremely busy at the moment, pilots have around 90 hrs on the roster for march.

I keep an eye on Boeing deliveries and they have already grounded 2 new aircraft they took deliveries of. They have been parked in Amman Jordan for months. Is this from lack of pilots ? I thought lines of 4000 people wanted to join this amazing airline. I guess they can now recruit in Russia and Belarus.

AIMINGHIGH123
9th Mar 2022, 14:20
I keep an eye on Boeing deliveries and they have already grounded 2 new aircraft they took deliveries of. They have been parked in Amman Jordan for months. Is this from lack of pilots ? I thought lines of 4000 people wanted to join this amazing airline. I guess they can now recruit in Russia and Belarus.

You mean where Flydubai have a maintenance base with Joramco?
I don’t even work for Flydubai or any carrier in the Mid East and know that information.