PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

CaptZeloZelo
9th Mar 2022, 16:27
I keep an eye on Boeing deliveries and they have already grounded 2 new aircraft they took deliveries of. They have been parked in Amman Jordan for months

Amman is where they do the interior fitting of the aircrafts...

Desertboki
9th Mar 2022, 23:36
Amman is where they do the interior fitting of the aircrafts...

The Aircraft was delivered from Seattle mid January.

B737ngmax
9th Mar 2022, 23:50
Since you are always critical of flydubai, they are doing this to confuse you 😜😂

AIMINGHIGH123
10th Mar 2022, 08:24
Honestly desertboki you are clutching at straws.

It’s been well know Boeing have issues at the moment. You don’t even have to follow aviation to know this. B787 B737 have supply issues this has been going on for a while.

A little bit more info for you. Many new aircraft are delivered and have teething problems. No aircraft is ever delivered perfect. I forget the exact number but they always have something like 40 odd issues. Some might be minor some major. These don’t always show up until a long delivery flight. That’s why they often send the more experienced pilots to collect them so they can report back fully.

You say you worked for flydubai but you don’t seem to know much about aviation.

Desertboki
10th Mar 2022, 09:23
Honestly desertboki you are clutching at straws.

It’s been well know Boeing have issues at the moment. You don’t even have to follow aviation to know this. B787 B737 have supply issues this has been going on for a while.

A little bit more info for you. Many new aircraft are delivered and have teething problems. No aircraft is ever delivered perfect. I forget the exact number but they always have something like 40 odd issues. Some might be minor some major. These don’t always show up until a long delivery flight. That’s why they often send the more experienced pilots to collect them so they can report back fully.

You say you worked for flydubai but you don’t seem to know much about aviation.

Yes I worked in the past. Flydubai would never accept an aircraft with teething problems. Either would any other airline. Would you buy a product with flaws and fix it yourself? Why would you pay for and official take a product that is broken. They have official taken delivery of these aircraft when they left Seattle. You said Amman is a maintenance bases, like wise which new aircraft would need heavy maintenance?The aircraft have been sitting idle for 2 months. It looks like a grounding to me.

AIMINGHIGH123
10th Mar 2022, 09:42
Yes I worked in the past. Flydubai would never accept an aircraft with teething problems. Either would any other airline. Would you buy a product with flaws and fix it yourself? Why would you pay for and official take a product that is broken. They have official taken delivery of these aircraft when they left Seattle. You said Amman is a maintenance bases, like wise which new aircraft would need heavy maintenance?The aircraft have been sitting idle for 2 months. It looks like a grounding to me.

Yes I would accept a product and fix it myself if I knew the problems and the price is right. I purchased a car knowing full well the ABS wasn’t working. Got 50% off the price. It did not cost that to fix it.

Like I said the 787, 737 have supply issues at the moment. Boeing has been fined $17 million for 737 issues. That was just last year.

Money talks. How do you know Boeing didn’t say “Look take the aircraft as we need the space. We will give you x amount off and supply parts as soon as we can”.

This is how business works.

It could be something simple as in the 737max couldn’t be delivered in Flydubai’s specification.
Read up about the supply issues on 737 and 787. Major headache for Boeing.

Desertboki
10th Mar 2022, 10:47
Yes I would accept a product and fix it myself if I knew the problems and the price is right. I purchased a car knowing full well the ABS wasn’t working. Got 50% off the price. It did not cost that to fix it.

Like I said the 787, 737 have supply issues at the moment. Boeing has been fined $17 million for 737 issues. That was just last year.

Money talks. How do you know Boeing didn’t say “Look take the aircraft as we need the space. We will give you x amount off and supply parts as soon as we can”.

This is how business works.

It could be something simple as in the 737max couldn’t be delivered in Flydubai’s specification.
Read up about the supply issues on 737 and 787. Major headache for Boeing.

Just to it your argument into context. 6 other operators have taken delivery of new max after the last Flydubai delivery. Ryanair , Malta Air. Ajajet, Carribean Airlines. FlyR and Singapore airlines with some having taken multiple aircraft that are all in current service.

B737ngmax
10th Mar 2022, 11:17
Just to it your argument into context. 6 other operators have taken delivery of new max after the last Flydubai delivery. Ryanair , Malta Air. Ajajet, Carribean Airlines. FlyR and Singapore airlines with some having taken multiple aircraft that are all in current service.
I just confirmed with Flydubai that those 2 planes will be exclusively flown by desertboki whenever he wishes too. Till that time they will be kept in desert.

Jovis
10th Mar 2022, 11:31
Hi guys - Mischo & GeoFly

Initially did the assessments in Jan / Feb, takes a while to receive communication after video interview, sounds like they're busy.

Pop them an email to follow up and it may help your case? Note- due to covid, only assessments are in Dubai at the minute, getting their at your own expense etc.

Hope that helps.

AIMINGHIGH123
10th Mar 2022, 11:35

Like wise it was mentioned above the interior could be being fitted out etc.

I also know 5 FOs have joined Flydubai from the 300 odd pilots I am connected with on LinkedIn. I know 3 TR guys going out for interviews this month.

featherededge
11th Mar 2022, 14:42
My apologies if this has been detailed elsewhere, but I haven't found it through search.

I am currently a first officer for a regional airline in the United States. I am interested in coming to FlyDubai. Coiuld someone with experience there please provide details on the hiring process from beginning to end? It would be nice to have all of this information nicely organized into one post.

What I am seeking to know is information about hiring process from the time of submitting an application all the way to first day of ground school.

What are the pre-interview online assessments like? Are there any specific external resources which closely mirror those encountered in the process?

What is the interiew like? What about group scenarios?

What is the simiulator evaluation like? How can a non-type rated applicant best prepare for it?

I know that one must pass a GCAA Air Law exam for FAA -> GCAA license conversion. Is there a GCAA specific textbook available somewhere to help prepare for this?

What is the psych eval like?

Please provide detais on anything else I haven't thought of here.

Thank you.

mischo1990
13th Mar 2022, 10:52

Initially did the assessments in Jan / Feb, takes a while to receive communication after video interview, sounds like they're busy.

Pop them an email to follow up and it may help your case? Note- due to covid, only assessments are in Dubai at the minute, getting their at your own expense etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank for the info my friend. Keep us updated about the situation in DXB. I´m still hoping for an email from them to be invited to DXB at least for an interview.

GeoFly
14th Mar 2022, 06:08
Thanks for info.
hope to be invited there soon)

Hope that helps.

boeingbusdriver
14th Mar 2022, 16:54
Hi

I’ve done the video interview about 3 weeks ago, haven’t heard back since. Can someone pm the email address of who to contact to follow up on the application.

TIA

------------------------------------------

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Simple route is to pass on an email address.

CaptZeloZelo
14th Mar 2022, 19:36
How long do you think an ENTIRE interior setup with IFE and galleys and such takes to do? Takes 3 painters 6 days to paint my villa.....
You might as well tell us flydubai has aircrafts that randomly sit in North Carolina as well for a few months at a time. (psst... they do fittings there too)
I don't understand what you were trying to get at with your saying they have 2 aircrafts parked in Amman?

Cariboo66
15th Mar 2022, 14:04
Hey guys,

Anyone attending the assessment in Dubai on the 15th for the sim and then potentially the 16th as well?

Hi,

15th of March or April.
I am booked 14th an 15 th April

castrojoao123
15th Mar 2022, 18:33
When did you do the video interview?

airliner_1
17th Mar 2022, 17:11
hey i sent you a pm check

airliner_1
17th Mar 2022, 17:11
Hi,

15th of March or April.
I am booked 14th an 15 th April
hey i sent you a pm check

A320251N
17th Mar 2022, 23:01
Guys... any NTR Captains getting dates from them ?

Tks !

Johndoe906
18th Mar 2022, 13:16
Just wondering, how you guys get to the airport to fly in FZ ? by cars ? or is it feasible to do it by using Subway ?

Rie
19th Mar 2022, 07:34
Just wondering, how you guys get to the airport to fly in FZ ? by cars ? or is it feasible to do it by using Subway ?
Just from reading this I see they are getting top quality candidates. Can't even use google maps/waze etc to work out for yourself how to get to the FZ HQ?

Speedbird744
19th Mar 2022, 07:48
Not feasible to get the metro to work. You are operating from Terminal 2. And the metro is Terminal 3. It’s on the other side of the airport. I used to get a taxi and/or use the car parks provided at the operations centre. From car park to aircraft is potentially 10-15mins, since after the briefing room, you have your own immigration and customs area. Then a bus direct to the aircraft. All quite easy and simple.

Johndoe906
19th Mar 2022, 17:51
Not feasible to get the metro to work. You are operating from Terminal 2. And the metro is Terminal 3. It’s on the other side of the airport. I used to get a taxi and/or use the car parks provided at the operations centre. From car park to aircraft is potentially 10-15mins, since after the briefing room, you have your own immigration and customs area. Then a bus direct to the aircraft. All quite easy and simple.

Enlightening! Much appreciated :ok:

excrab
20th Mar 2022, 15:48
You can walk from Al Qiyadah (that might be spelt wrong), in about 10 minutes, but you have to change metro lines if you’re coming from Sheikh Zayed Road or the marina, and you probably wouldn’t want to do it in Summer, or at rush hour when the metro gets very crowded and unpleasant. Cars are cheap, especially second hand on dubizzle, and the car park is right outside the crew reporting area, or taxis are cheap if you can’t or don’t want to drive.

Johndoe906
20th Mar 2022, 16:00
You can walk from Al Qiyadah (that might be spelt wrong), in about 10 minutes, but you have to change metro lines if you’re coming from Sheikh Zayed Road or the marina, and you probably wouldn’t want to do it in Summer, or at rush hour when the metro gets very crowded and unpleasant. Cars are cheap, especially second hand on dubizzle, and the car park is right outside the crew reporting area, or taxis are cheap if you can’t or don’t want to drive.

Just checked it on maps, and you spell it correctly. Thanks for the input really. :ok:

Charlio
21st Mar 2022, 07:01
Any CPT going to the interview ? I completed the video-interview in October... Here TR CPT no news yet..

Ahmed Ussama Badr
22nd Mar 2022, 04:33
Could you tell us when was your video interview ?

737a
22nd Mar 2022, 16:58
Could you tell us when was your video interview ?

Scroll up a bit you will find all the goodies.

boeingbusdriver
22nd Mar 2022, 21:08
What’s the staff travel benefits like at FZ? Do you get EK and other carriers tickets as well?

mischo1990
29th Mar 2022, 14:59
Hi guys,
Any info what to expect on the SIM session?

Johndoe906
3rd Apr 2022, 14:53
Hi guys,
Any info what to expect on the SIM session?

departure to make VOR outbound interception, no FD, no MAP mode, just raw data, maintain 4000ft and instructed speed. then you will be doing ILS approach, go around, engine flameout during go around, get the checklist done, make a RNP approach with single engine and land. That's about it, no tricks and surprises. (Disclaimer On)

For 737 TR this should be just another day in the sim. For NTR, well, my pairing is NTR and he made it through ;)

Three Angels Message
3rd Apr 2022, 16:57
departure to make VOR outbound interception, no FD, no MAP mode, just raw data, maintain 4000ft and instructed speed. then you will be doing ILS approach, go around, engine flameout during go around, get the checklist done, make a RNP approach with single engine and land. That's about it, no tricks and surprises. (Disclaimer On)

For 737 TR this should be just another day in the sim. For NTR, well, my pairing is NTR and he made it through ;)
Thanks for the info. Which VOR and runway did you use and what was the wind on landing if you remember? Finally was the NTR expected to know the single engine procedures too? Congratulations for making it. That"s a good job well done!!

mischo1990
3rd Apr 2022, 17:26
Still waiting for the sim date. Should be anytime around. Thanks for the info about the sim session nothing much complicated should be fine. I am Also looking for some info about living in DXB. Have a family dont know what to expect at DXB asi I currently have a job. Dont want to go to the desert and realise it was not worth it... 😀

CMD_ENGD
5th Apr 2022, 20:59
Hi guys. I’m new here!!!

Does anyone know if FlyDubai provides ticket and accommodation for sim assessments in Dubai?

Thanks.

Leasky
6th Apr 2022, 04:57
Hello, any one having sim on the11 or12 april and want to pair for sim practice

CMD_ENGD
6th Apr 2022, 05:42

I can’t make those dates unfortunately. I’ll probably go for the slot on the 20th. Worst case I’d reschedule for next month maybe.

High Energy
6th Apr 2022, 22:46
What’s the staff travel benefits like at FZ? Do you get EK and other carriers tickets as well?

Stafftravel is really good if you ask me. You get EK, EY, LH, KL, UA and many many more. About 40+ airlines on myIDTravel. EK and EY also for parents and siblings. You, your family and parents also get J with EK,EY,LH. You get a confirmed ticket home each year too. Irrespective if flydubai or EK flies there. Good stafftravel on flydubai too. Although a bit expensive at the moment. They introduced concession related tickets a few months ago meaning after 3/6/10&15 years of service you get certain tickets with flydubai.

High Energy
6th Apr 2022, 22:47
Hi guys. I’m new here!!!

Does anyone know if FlyDubai provides ticket and accommodation for sim assessments in Dubai?

Thanks.

No. used to but not anymore. Supply vs demand unfortunately.

High Energy
6th Apr 2022, 22:51
Still waiting for the sim date. Should be anytime around. Thanks for the info about the sim session nothing much complicated should be fine. I am Also looking for some info about living in DXB. Have a family dont know what to expect at DXB asi I currently have a job. Dont want to go to the desert and realise it was not worth it... 😀

Dubai is awesome for a family if you ask me. Good and affordable schools, safe and not too expensive. You can save easily on a Captains salary but much less so on FO one. I love the place and one of my main reasons not to leave. Main things is that it’s always moving forward. Plenty of ways to save money too.

Desertboki
7th Apr 2022, 00:23
Stafftravel is really good if you ask me. You get EK, EY, LH, KL, UA and many many more. About 40+ airlines on myIDTravel. EK and EY also for parents and siblings. You, your family and parents also get J with EK,EY,LH. You get a confirmed ticket home each year too. Irrespective if flydubai or EK flies there. Good stafftravel on flydubai too. Although a bit expensive at the moment. They introduced concession related tickets a few months ago meaning after 3/6/10&15 years of service you get certain tickets with flydubai.

The confirmed annual ticket home is government law that all UAE employees have to have. This also includes a ticket home at the end of your contract. My current company staff travel is free with upgrades available on request. Staff travel is good in flydubai but by no means outstanding and It is expensive. The best thing about flydubai is the Emirates staff travel period. You have a huge frequent network but you are low priority. Someone who joins Emirates tomorrow will get you offloaded for that last seat. Ask any friend you have from the UK or Brazil how easy it is to get a seat. The 3/6/15 year tickets does not exist. This is false information. Again ask current employees if this is true. It is not

Saffa_pilot
7th Apr 2022, 06:02
Good day all... I would just like to find out if anyone who applied for a Type Rated DEC position in Feb has had any response yet? ie Been sent a link for the Online Assessment and Interview etc? I have not heard anything back yet, and wondering if maybe there was a problem with my application that I am unaware of.

CMD_ENGD
7th Apr 2022, 16:40
No. used to but not anymore. Supply vs demand unfortunately.

Yeah I thought as much. One of my friends got everything arranged by FZ but that was last year.

Sick
7th Apr 2022, 17:24
If they can't even be bothered to provide a ticket on their own network and hotac at their own corporate rates, they can forget current typed crew and make do with desperados who have no choice but to take a hit of hundreds of bucks in costs, but no shortage of spare time on their hands. Even Wizz are realising, they are having to come to the candidate, to get what they need.

Captain Kaboom
7th Apr 2022, 19:39
If they can't even be bothered to provide a ticket on their own network and hotac at their own corporate rates, they can forget current typed crew and make do with desperados who have no choice but to take a hit of hundreds of bucks in costs, but no shortage of spare time on their hands. Even Wizz are realising, they are having to come to the candidate, to get what they need.

Maybe, but the salary is four times that of Wizzair, no comparison.

limahotel
9th Apr 2022, 14:09
Hi,

does anyone have any info regarding the status of recruitment (F/O)? Currently, there are no open positions on FlyDubai's website.

fzuk
11th Apr 2022, 17:09
Hello folks

To those who are motivated to join flydubai, i would suggest you to think million times before you even consider joining flydubai.

Pilots are extremely angry and frustrated than ever, and whoever denis is simply lying or cant afford to lose a job.

if you are ready to work night and day in a complete roaster mess, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work five days, then have one day off, another five days of flying, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work six days in a row, you go for turn around, then minimum rest for a layover, you come back for another flight with no day off at all, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work with no life, then apply for flydubai

Please advise your family about your working pattern if you have a family because you will not see them for five days. The only day off you will get between working days is to rest only, which means you will not be able to interact with them again.

Pilots are incredibly frustrated and can't express themselves to the management because they fear losing jobs. no one is happy with their roasters

people prefer night flights always do day flights
people prefer day flights always do night flights
people prefer layover flights always do turnarounds flights
people prefer turnaround flights always do layover flights

Before, pilots could bid for whatever they liked as per seniority. Now no one can get what they want to do. most of the pilots were happy before, but now no one.

now the Company has this newly introduced system called fair roaster but as funny as it sounds, its not fair at all

You get what they roaster for you. even before we had golden day off and now we don't have it.

When rosters are out, you are lucky if you can swap one flight, unlike before when rosters were not restricted.

you are allowed to make three swaps only again; you are lucky if you could swap one flight

What's funny is that the cabin crew can enjoy bidding and swaps fully, but pilots cant.

Simply pilots identified as trash in flydubai.

do yourself a favor and look for another airline

High Energy
12th Apr 2022, 06:56
Hello folks

To those who are motivated to join flydubai, i would suggest you to think million times before you even consider joining flydubai.

Pilots are extremely angry and frustrated than ever, and whoever denis is simply lying or cant afford to lose a job.

if you are ready to work night and day in a complete roaster mess, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work five days, then have one day off, another five days of flying, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work six days in a row, you go for turn around, then minimum rest for a layover, you come back for another flight with no day off at all, then apply for flydubai

if you are willing to work with no life, then apply for flydubai

Please advise your family about your working pattern if you have a family because you will not see them for five days. The only day off you will get between working days is to rest only, which means you will not be able to interact with them again.

Pilots are incredibly frustrated and can't express themselves to the management because they fear losing jobs. no one is happy with their roasters

people prefer night flights always do day flights
people prefer day flights always do night flights
people prefer layover flights always do turnarounds flights
people prefer turnaround flights always do layover flights

Before, pilots could bid for whatever they liked as per seniority. Now no one can get what they want to do. most of the pilots were happy before, but now no one.

now the Company has this newly introduced system called fair roaster but as funny as it sounds, its not fair at all

You get what they roaster for you. even before we had golden day off and now we don't have it.

When rosters are out, you are lucky if you can swap one flight, unlike before when rosters were not restricted.

you are allowed to make three swaps only again; you are lucky if you could swap one flight

What's funny is that the cabin crew can enjoy bidding and swaps fully, but pilots cant.

Simply pilots identified as trash in flydubai.

do yourself a favor and look for another airline

I would take note of this. It is (mostly) factual. However if you go back in time to pre-Covid when we had bidding and PBS (flight/trip bidding) this was a totally different story. The moral of the story being that you are at the mercy of those directing procedures. Whether or not you agree with them, or they are logical to you or anyone is irrelevant. That’s sad because it has all the potential.

High Energy
12th Apr 2022, 07:23
The confirmed annual ticket home is government law that all UAE employees have to have. This also includes a ticket home at the end of your contract. My current company staff travel is free with upgrades available on request. Staff travel is good in flydubai but by no means outstanding and It is expensive. The best thing about flydubai is the Emirates staff travel period. You have a huge frequent network but you are low priority. Someone who joins Emirates tomorrow will get you offloaded for that last seat. Ask any friend you have from the UK or Brazil how easy it is to get a seat. The 3/6/15 year tickets does not exist. This is false information. Again ask current employees if this is true. It is not

Indeed, the return homebound ticket is UAE law. Good thing is nowadays that you can also use it to go elsewhere other than home. If there is a fare difference you pay the difference but now go on holiday etc on a confirmed ticket. Depends a bit on if the fare difference equals your otherwise standby ticket amount to see if it’s useful to you.

Regarding EK, yes true in part. It’s not cheap and yes you are lower prio simply because you are from a different company. But EK staff has lower prio than me on flydubai. And so it should be. You just got to build this in to your trips. EK’s prime markets like US, South America, South Africa and UK are tricky to get on. Due volume of pax or payload restrictions. (Damn 777…;-) As a fact, on my last 4 EK flights in the last 4 weeks (7hr and 16+ hr flts) my onload prio was higher than ALL EK staff, on ALL flights. This included 2 flts my parents took and because they use my date of joining they trumped EK staff despite the A380 being overbooked they were onloaded ahead of EK staff.

If I compare what flydubai allows me to do stafftravel wise it’s a million miles better than my massive EU national carrier back home. Not even to speak about their low cost subsidiary. Just to compare it setup wise. Would I like some changes to be made; oh yes. But is it good compared to becoming a pre-IATA airline and getting myIDTravel in 2015/2016? Remember those days…day and night difference right!

Lastly, please never ever accuse me of lying. You don’t work here anymore right (?) so you must be getting second hand info. I simply state facts. Have you friends re-check the e-mail send by HR on August 5th 2021 and come back to me. It’s called Service-Related Concession. (SRC)

fzuk
12th Apr 2022, 17:06
Also not to mention the huge fatigue rates but again pilots are afraid of reporting fatigue Because simply the company don’t want them to report, otherwise flydubai will be in trouble with GCAA

fair culture is big in flydubai

The question is why their are more pilots leaving flydubai than joining pilots…?
can someone say the truth

High Energy
12th Apr 2022, 20:48
Also not to mention the huge fatigue rates but again pilots are afraid of reporting fatigue Because simply the company don’t want them to report, otherwise flydubai will be in trouble with GCAA

fair culture is big in flydubai

The question is why their are more pilots leaving flydubai than joining pilots…?
can someone say the truth

Is there really a fear culture? Pilots afraid of reporting fatigued? Company doesn’t want us to report fatigue? Company will get in trouble with GCAA? Never heard such nonsense.

Common pls, no one is in trouble by reporting anything. If you are fatigued they want you to report fatigued. No punishment, no fear.

Especially for FO’s their rosters are upwards of 85/90hrs per month at times. For a while now. Reporting fatigued when we were flying next to nothing is indeed questionable. But rosters are back to being very busy nowadays.

Why are more people leaving than joining? A few facts I could think of that could apply to both seats;
1- No PBS anymore (flight bidding)
2- No swapping anymore. (Yes 3 per month possible but is it realistically possible at all…I’ll leave that open)
3- As a combination of 1+2 the rosters are tough across the board. Duty or stby adjacent to leave etc when days off were requested etc etc.
4 Package/benefits have fallen way behind over time as no (substantial) increase since forever.
5- To try and get a quicker command at EK.
6- No provident fund.
7- Seniority means 0.
8- Lack of forward financial increase outlook.
9- Leaving for US / home / private jets.
10- No retirement with proper travel benefits option
11-Yearly healthcare provider switch. (same same or less benefits usually)

I can also list 11 good things but looks like most here are not interested or only looking to talk bad about the company.

georgica
13th Apr 2022, 16:05
Is there really a fear culture? Pilots afraid of reporting fatigued? Company doesn’t want us to report fatigue? Company will get in trouble with GCAA? Never heard such nonsense.

Common pls, no one is in trouble by reporting anything. If you are fatigued they want you to report fatigued. No punishment, no fear.

Especially for FO’s their rosters are upwards of 85/90hrs per month at times. For a while now. Reporting fatigued when we were flying next to nothing is indeed questionable. But rosters are back to being very busy nowadays.

Why are more people leaving than joining? A few facts I could think of that could apply to both seats;
1- No PBS anymore (flight bidding)
2- No swapping anymore. (Yes 3 per month possible but is it realistically possible at all…I’ll leave that open)
3- As a combination of 1+2 the rosters are tough across the board. Duty or stby adjacent to leave etc when days off were requested etc etc.
4 Package/benefits have fallen way behind over time as no (substantial) increase since forever.
5- To try and get a quicker command at EK.
6- No provident fund.
7- Seniority means 0.
8- Lack of forward financial increase outlook.
9- Leaving for US / home / private jets.
10- No retirement with proper travel benefits option
11-Yearly healthcare provider switch. (same same or less benefits usually)

I can also list 11 good things but looks like most here are not interested or only looking to talk bad about the company.
I am looking to join flydubai so please do list 11 good things. Presently, what is the expected time to command? Considering I have some previous PIC experience, different aircraft.

737driver2009
14th Apr 2022, 07:00
I am looking to join flydubai so please do list 11 good things. Presently, what is the expected time to command? Considering I have some previous PIC experience, different aircraft.

good things salary are on time, and the person you fly next to are easy going. done
no more honestly if you want to apply to flydubai be aware roster its aggressive, and the salary its the lowest in the area, i would apply better to air arabia, better benefits and better package in general

CMD_ENGD
14th Apr 2022, 21:43
I should attend the sim assessment on the 20th but my visa has just been denied. So annoying!!!

anyone knows if I can reapply within the time remaining and how? Thanks

B Crew
16th Apr 2022, 07:59
Oh ... to that list, you can now add, they are looking at cancelling summer leave in July and August !

georgica
16th Apr 2022, 11:40
good things salary are on time, and the person you fly next to are easy going. done
no more honestly if you want to apply to flydubai be aware roster its aggressive, and the salary its the lowest in the area, i would apply better to air arabia, better benefits and better package in general
You must be talking about CPT salary...10-11k euro for FO is the lowest in the area? Is this for real??

Desertboki
16th Apr 2022, 14:22
Oh ... to that list, you can now add, they are looking at cancelling summer leave in July and August !

What is this ? I thought the recruitment drive had 4000+ applying.

Desertboki
16th Apr 2022, 14:29
You must be talking about CPT salary...10-11k euro for FO is the lowest in the area? Is this for real??

It is first officer position. Yes flydubai are the lowest paid pilots in the region apart from Wizz air Abu Dhabi. They also have the worst benefits. It is high compared to the rest of the world but not in UAE.

excrab
16th Apr 2022, 17:06
It is first officer position. Yes flydubai are the lowest paid pilots in the region apart from Wizz air Abu Dhabi. They also have the worst benefits. It is high compared to the rest of the world but not in UAE.

But for anyone applying to Flydubai it is the rest of the world they will be comparing it with. As a 737 captain in the U.K. my take home pay is about £70k - £80k per year, in flydubai depending upon hours flown it was between £120k - £140k. In order to have that much in the bank each month in the U.K. I would have to have a gross salary of about £240,000 per year which will never happen.
It is somewhat unfair to say they are the lowest paid in the UAE, as there are only three other airlines and two of those are flying widebody and primarily long haul. The only real comparison is Air Arabia, so you could just as easily say that Flydubai are the second highest paying short haul airline in the UAE. It just depends if you have an anti flydubai agenda.

B Crew
16th Apr 2022, 19:25
What is this ? I thought the recruitment drive had 4000+ applying.

Yes, email out today requesting pilots volunteer to give up summer leave in july / aug due crew shortage. If not enough volunteers, FZ will be forced into choosing between cancelling flights or pilots leave. Go figure.

It appears pilots are leaving faster than fz can get the new joiners trained and on line , hence the predicted shortfall.

Desertboki
17th Apr 2022, 05:59
But for anyone applying to Flydubai it is the rest of the world they will be comparing it with. As a 737 captain in the U.K. my take home pay is about £70k - £80k per year, in flydubai depending upon hours flown it was between £120k - £140k. In order to have that much in the bank each month in the U.K. I would have to have a gross salary of about £240,000 per year which will never happen.
It is somewhat unfair to say they are the lowest paid in the UAE, as there are only three other airlines and two of those are flying widebody and primarily long haul. The only real comparison is Air Arabia, so you could just as easily say that Flydubai are the second highest paying short haul airline in the UAE. It just depends if you have an anti flydubai agenda.

You say money can not buy you happiness, Hababi come to FlyDubai.

AIMINGHIGH123
17th Apr 2022, 09:30

Thats because tax in UK is crap. £100-120k is the worst band of pay to be in. £100k a year gives you a take home of £65k. £120k gives you take home of £71k. You lose your personal allowance. UK based you’re better off pumping everything over £100k into a pension to benefit from the tax. Unless you start pushing £150k plus then take the money and invest.

So yes financially flydubai is actually very good. Loads of ex FZ guys at Jet2 living mortgage free after saving money from FZ.

Flaperon777
18th Apr 2022, 17:00
Do they provide you with tickets and hotac for the sims ?
🤔

CMD_ENGD
18th Apr 2022, 17:06
Do they provide you with tickets and hotac for the sims ?
🤔

Nope, at least not recently.

Saffa_pilot
19th Apr 2022, 10:48
If there are any DEC's that have recently been though the interview process, could you please DM me if you don't mind? I just have a couple of questions. Thanks!!

Flaperon777
19th Apr 2022, 13:58
Anybody know the terms and conditions for captains here in FZ please. Thanks in advance.

YosserHughes
20th Apr 2022, 07:44
Can anyone tell me at what point is the medical is conducted during the process and what are the BMI requirements?

Thanks

boeingdream787
20th Apr 2022, 20:17
Guys. Doing an assessment in Dubai first week May.
Anybody knows how is the pre employment medical please. Is it like a normal licence renewal class one medical or are there some additional tests done. How does one prepare.
Humor me please. Need the info bad. I have no idea.
thanks

Flaperon777
20th Apr 2022, 20:27
Yes. And that too!
How is the medical that you do during the assessment. I know two FO’s who had valid licences and medicals and passes the assessment but on the last day failed their medical check. How is that. They must have some additional checks like maybe X-rays or drug tests etc which are causing failures. Quite surprising. Can Anybody done the assessment recently throw some light pls

turbulence_fl360
21st Apr 2022, 02:59
Captain's package:

basic- 6870$ housing- 4090$ transport- 710$ flight pay - 54$/hr layover allowance - 2.4$/hr schooling allowance for 3 kids upto 21years of age.
42 days annual leave per year by bidding awarded on basis of seniority.
LOL.
yearly confirmed ticket in economy upgradeable based on space to any destination on the fz network or an economy ticket on the ek network for you and your dependents.
insurance for you and your dependents which will definitely not cover grills with your name for your teeth.
unappetizing crew meals at work.
uniforms(not very comfortable shoes/shirts), individual company ipad that you guard with your life.
EOSB contribution of approx 1 month basic/year served.

There have been rumors of a payhike, but no info from the company yet.

The medical evaluation you do is a complete initial GCAA Class 1 Medical.

Johndoe906
21st Apr 2022, 03:15
Yes, email out today requesting pilots volunteer to give up summer leave in july / aug due crew shortage. If not enough volunteers, FZ will be forced into choosing between cancelling flights or pilots leave. Go figure.

It appears pilots are leaving faster than fz can get the new joiners trained and on line , hence the predicted shortfall.

One requisites which got me is that my PPC has to be valid at least 3 months prior to joining (and they only tell this once the application is successful).. which I don't have. I don't know how it is in another airline's intake. But again, I know a lot of us haven't flown for months, some even years. And IMO this PPC validity is a solid drawback. Hence, brb FZ, gonna rip some two grand off my wallet, do some efatos and I'll be on my way, wait for me darling :ok:

GeoFly
21st Apr 2022, 12:15
Hey guys for thous who are interested what happens after video interview.
i did it 1.5 months ago and today I received sim invitations for 26th of April. No travel and living costs are paid, only medical will they pay afterwards successfully complied sim.
For my personal reasons I can’t go for now.
Good luck

Latestormer
21st Apr 2022, 20:18
Yes. And that too!
How is the medical that you do during the assessment. I know two FO’s who had valid licences and medicals and passes the assessment but on the last day failed their medical check. How is that. They must have some additional checks like maybe X-rays or drug tests etc which are causing failures. Quite surprising. Can Anybody done the assessment recently throw some light pls

Did they? Or are they hiding something?

I have a friend that has been there a few weeks ago:

He told me things like: BMI check, vision check (near/far accuracy check), general clinical condition analysis. And that's it. Took him more time filling the forms rather than the medical itself.

YosserHughes
22nd Apr 2022, 08:03
Hang on.... so they want you to fork out for;

Flights to DXB
Hotel

AND medical costs and will only reimburse once and if they offer you a position?!

Also... re schooling... do they pay the full amount or just a portion?

thegrandbus
22nd Apr 2022, 09:32
Captain's package:

basic- 6870$ housing- 4090$ transport- 710$ flight pay - 54$/hr layover allowance - 2.4$/hr schooling allowance for 3 kids upto 21years of age.
42 days annual leave per year by bidding awarded on basis of seniority.
LOL.
yearly confirmed ticket in economy upgradeable based on space to any destination on the fz network or an economy ticket on the ek network for you and your dependents.
insurance for you and your dependents which will definitely not cover grills with your name for your teeth.
unappetizing crew meals at work.
uniforms(not very comfortable shoes/shirts), individual company ipad that you guard with your life.
EOSB contribution of approx 1 month basic/year served.

There have been rumors of a payhike, but no info from the company yet.

The medical evaluation you do is a complete initial GCAA Class 1 Medical.

How much is the schooling allowance? Is it the same for Captain/FO?

Thanks

B787JD
22nd Apr 2022, 09:41
AED 44000/- Primary and AED 66,000 secondary. Upto 3 kids.. Same for both Ranks

Tarakan
22nd Apr 2022, 09:55
Did they? Or are they hiding something?

I have a friend that has been there a few weeks ago:

He told me things like: BMI check, vision check (near/far accuracy check), general clinical condition analysis. And that's it. Took him more time filling the forms rather than the medical itself.
Did they check cholesterol level ?

qwassaf
22nd Apr 2022, 12:28
Hi all,

if anyone is doing their sim assessment on the 2nd of may in the evening drop me a message.

I’ll be doing it then

Latestormer
22nd Apr 2022, 17:43
Tarakan

No, but as long as everything is ok. If something falls off the expected range, they'll likely ask for further exams, which might include a blood test.

Got in more detail with my friend and it was something like:

- Vision check (Near / Far / Color)
- Blood pressure check
- Hearing test
- Weight & Height (BMI)

Ear check; Nose check; Eye check; Lung check (No x-ray).

AIMINGHIGH123
22nd Apr 2022, 19:16
Tarakan

No, but as long as everything is ok. If something falls off the expected range, they'll likely ask for further exams, which might include a blood test.

- Blood pressure check
- Hearing test
- Weight & Height (BMI)

Surely must do Blood test,ECG, drug and alcohol check as well?

These are pretty standard.

georgica
23rd Apr 2022, 08:45
The medical check conducted as part of the FlyDubai assessment is not class I GCAA(I'm 99.9% sure). It's a just a check-up so they can be almost sure that you will pass the GCAA class I after employment. That's what it looked like to me.
Surely the ECG, blood test and other standard stuff will be done during class I medical.

AIMINGHIGH123
23rd Apr 2022, 10:22
The medical check conducted as part of the FlyDubai assessment is not class I GCAA(I'm 99.9% sure). It's a just a check-up so they can be almost sure that you will pass the GCAA class I after employment. That's what it looked like to me.
Surely the ECG, blood test and other standard stuff will be done during class I medical.

Ah ok that makes sense. I had to have a medical for a driving job (UK) and even that had a blood test in it. Not HGV or anything like that either.

YosserHughes
23rd Apr 2022, 20:29
Any idea what the BMI requirement is?!

turbulence_fl360
24th Apr 2022, 00:53
Any idea what the BMI requirement is?!

Anything over 30, they will do a detailed lipid profile test.

ThunderLizard
24th Apr 2022, 02:55
Question about staff travel for a captain actually employed at FlyDubai.

What is a FlyDubai captain's staff travel entitlement on Emirates? For example, an Emirates captain can purchase business class Cat A, space available staff tickets on FlyDubai. What staff tickets does a FlyDubai captain get on Emirates?

The reason is, if a guy joins Emirates from say Brazil or Sydney or New York, he can fly Emirates Biz or First class home on his leave. Guys joining FlyDubai from far flung places like that need to get home too, and Economy class ZED tickets from MyIDTravel ain't gonna cut it on long flights like that.

Old King Coal
24th Apr 2022, 10:19
YosserHughes (https://www.pprune.org/members/516394-yosserhughes): myself being a chap of 'larger stature' (my svelte days are long behind me), I was always over 30 BMI when at FZ and, as mentioned above, they'll do a lipids test on you and you can expect the 'life-style' lecture from the AME ... (if you're more than 35 BMI you'll be asked to do a treadmill stress test - Bruce protocol - and you might also need a medical form filled-in by a TRE / TRO sim assessment stating that ones bulk doesn't interfere with the full & free movement of the flight controls and / or you reaching for the landing gear leaver handle)... before an AME in the UAE will issue you with a Class 1 Medical.

Imho (and if you'll excuse a slight pun) none of it is a big deal.

Aside: EK won't recruit you if your BMI is more than 30.

Flaperon777
24th Apr 2022, 12:29
Tarakan

- Blood pressure check
- Hearing test
- Weight & Height (BMI)

Thank you latestormer. I was however told that a urine and blood test were part of the pre employment medical too.

YosserHughes
24th Apr 2022, 14:16
YosserHughes (https://www.pprune.org/members/516394-yosserhughes): myself being a chap of 'larger stature' (my svelte days are long behind me), I was always over 30 BMI when at FZ and, as mentioned above, they'll do a lipids test on you and you can expect the 'life-style' lecture from the AME ... (if you're more than 35 BMI you'll be asked to do a treadmill stress test - Bruce protocol - and you might also need a medical form filled-in by a TRE / TRO sim assessment stating that ones bulk doesn't interfere with the full & free movement of the flight controls and / or you reaching for the landing gear leaver handle)... before an AME in the UAE will issue you with a Class 1 Medical.

Imho (and if you'll excuse a slight pun) none of it is a big deal.

Aside: EK won't recruit you if your BMI is more than 30.

Many Thanks for the detailed reply... there's hope for the vertically challenged pie lovers yet!!!

picsou
27th Apr 2022, 01:14
I read a lot of comments about have duty and no rest, etc. Is someone willing to show a typical roster for a captain at FZ. One person's heavy duty maybe someone else's normal...many thanks.

Desertboki
27th Apr 2022, 16:16
Apologies for the quality Picou . You may need to zoom etc.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/900x365/203ac648_bd16_4841_813a_549f9fb56913_9cc6a88bec618fbbab95785 19eaf176bb719775a.jpeg

Speedbird744
27th Apr 2022, 18:08
Apologies for the quality Picou . You made need to zoom etc.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/900x365/203ac648_bd16_4841_813a_549f9fb56913_9cc6a88bec618fbbab95785 19eaf176bb719775a.jpeg

Not a current roster due to the fact you can see R’s below the flights indicating Requested flights. Bidding is disabled so probably a roster taken during the time of the Rostov crash.

vidyarthee
28th Apr 2022, 05:15
Guys, I'm TR DEC. Applied in Oct last year. Called for SIM Assessment on 19 May. Anyone else got that date? Kindly pm.
​​​​​​

picsou
28th Apr 2022, 14:44
Thanks for your reply. Hopefully see you in Dubai in a few month😉🤞

YosserHughes
29th Apr 2022, 16:12
Read all the negatives... does anyone have anything good to say about FlyDubai?

Thanks

aviator87
1st May 2022, 14:04
Hello all, gave the interview post the Sim on the 20th Apr still waiting for the final result. Any heads up on that anyone ???

B Crew
1st May 2022, 20:10
no, unless you want to work your health out

all the best
Agreed.
Unfortunately no one is listening, or they just don't get it.
FZ Rostering is beyond incompetent, it's abysmal. .
You'll join FZ. Congratulations! It's fantastic and you won't believe any of this as all training is completed on short day flights.
WHAM... 12 months on, with bond hanging around your neck, you'll be locked into a life with the worst possible circadian schedule.
Proper sleep will be a luxury from the past , and you will be literally trading your health, for money. FACT.

FL_410
1st May 2022, 23:49
Hello all, gave the interview post the Sim on the 20th Apr still waiting for the final result. Any heads up on that anyone ???

Hey man I did my Sim and interview on 11th still no email from them …my partner just received a refusal 2 days ago and I have my fingers crossed 😆

FL_410
2nd May 2022, 01:54
Hey guys I want to share with you something really important regarding the Pre-Employment medical at Unicare please don’t even think of going there.

Well the doctor did the physical exam
height/ weight check and then the audiometry and she was like if I can hear some beep on lower side and I said no

then the BP which was spiked followed by the eye sight which became weaker the moment I entered the clinic.

I went for a thorough medical from a different hospital very next day and my reports were all normal audio 100% eyesight 6/6 BP 130/70

Same happened to my sim partner next day so be cautious

Desertboki
2nd May 2022, 08:53
Hey guys I want to share with you something really important regarding the Pre-Employment medical at Unicare please don’t even think of going there.

height/ weight check and then the audiometry and she was like if I can hear some beep on lower side and I said no

then the BP which was spiked followed by the eye sight which became weaker the moment I entered the clinic.

I went for a thorough medical from a different hospital very next day and my reports were all normal audio 100% eyesight 6/6 BP 130/70

So flydubai scheduled you for a pre employment medical at medicare . You were both not happy with the results and paid to do another medical at a different facility ?

FL_410
2nd May 2022, 09:47
So flydubai scheduled you for a pre employment medical at medicare . You were both not happy with the results and paid to do another medical at a different facility ?
Yes they scheduled us at Unicare and results were shaky.
However the other other candidates who belonged to the same race as the doctor were passed on as Fit in matter of minutes whereas us Europeans were deemed to be someone with high BP low eye sight and low hearing and that’s exactly why we opted to go to other clinic to rule out our suspicions and as it turned out the results were totally fine as opposed to what the Unicare’s.

airliner_1
2nd May 2022, 12:50

i second this do not go to unicare. i didnt like my experience there at all

AirbusKing
2nd May 2022, 14:40
If you did your own (second) medical after the one at Unicare were you offered the job and successful?

Are you given options of more than one place to have the Flydubai medical done

FL_410
2nd May 2022, 20:00
If you did your own (second) medical after the one at Unicare were you offered the job and successful?

Are you given options of more than one place to have the Flydubai medical done
Flydubai offers pre employment medical at two facilities Mediclinic Pakrview hospital and Unicare medical Centre.
Mediclinic is better and I’ll advise you guys to get your test done before going for final medical for proof on a safe side.

MaxFlyguy
3rd May 2022, 06:49
Heard some guys interviewed in early April and received notice the last few days telling them they were unsuccessful ? Thought they notified you with in a day or two informing you that you not successful. What is the average waiting period for FZ to give you feedback after the last stage ?

HS 7XX
3rd May 2022, 11:47

Hello,
Have you received any feedback yet? Please keep me posted.

FL_410
3rd May 2022, 12:04
Heard some guys interviewed in early April and received notice the last few days telling them they were unsuccessful ? Thought they notified you with in a day or two informing you that you not successful. What is the average waiting period for FZ to give you feedback after the last stage ?
Simulator you pass you go to next stage interview with psychiatrist and the HR / medical.
During the interview I was told 6 days and the other candidate 10 days but we informed after 21 days both unsuccessful.

AirbusKing
3rd May 2022, 12:30

Some candidates I’ve heard have gotten successful notifications as quick as 2/3 days after being in Dubai. Guess it depends, if they want you they want you.

A lot of unsuccessful pilots too considering the airline is desperate for crew.

MaxFlyguy
3rd May 2022, 18:38
I've also heard some guys get told up to a week later, I suppose like you said, it all depends on how badly they want you. If you haven't heard back from FZ with in 2 weeks I think you can count yourself as unsuccessful.........

YosserHughes
4th May 2022, 13:55
Does anyone have details bout the second round of psychometric tests they carry out whilst out in Dubai?

Are these the same as LPJ?

Thanks

FL_410
4th May 2022, 15:12
Does anyone have details bout the second round of psychometric tests they carry out whilst out in Dubai?

Are these the same as LPJ?

Thanks

The second phase is comprised of 3 tests basically 1.Abstract Reasoning
Logiks Abstract (Advanced) 30 questions in 15 minutes very less time
Tip: do as accurate you can
PAPI 3 I by Cubiks Online
2.Personality questionnaire
3.16PF Test which should be PAN assessment

These are online tests and after that you expect a feedback from the Psychiatrist during your interview.

YosserHughes
5th May 2022, 06:17
The second phase is comprised of 3 tests basically 1.Abstract Reasoning
Logiks Abstract (Advanced) 30 questions in 15 minutes very less time
Tip: do as accurate you can
PAPI 3 I by Cubiks Online
2.Personality questionnaire
3.16PF Test which should be PAN assessment

These are online tests and after that you expect a feedback from the Psychiatrist during your interview.

Thanks for the info.....

Are the Abstract Reasoning tests similar to the ones on Latest Pilot Jobs?

FL_410
5th May 2022, 17:24
Thanks for the info.....

Yes somewhat similar

737driver2009
11th May 2022, 07:11
the problem with flydubai its that you have two persons making huge decisions and one of them its not even a pilot and the other person forgot that he used to be one

boeingbusdriver
11th May 2022, 18:33
Hi

does anyone have a sim assessment for June?

jetjockey696
12th May 2022, 06:45
Thanks for the info.....

Thats awful lot of tests just to fly a NG around the area, nothing special...its same old NG. Doesnt need high IQ just a lot of good ole fashion common sense, a monkey recently a dog can fly. but the Psychiatrist is good a lot of crazies and god ego out there. Just one test needed sleep/rest deprivation and then a CRM test. haha.. that will sort out a lot.

AirbusKing
22nd May 2022, 17:19
Hey guys… any successful applicants on here?
willing to share if you were current, TR/NTR,how long after your Dubai assessments did you get the successful notice and are you getting start dates relatively soon if you aren’t currently not tied down by notice periods

T54A
23rd May 2022, 16:34
AED 44000/- Primary and AED 66,000 secondary. Upto 3 kids.. Same for both Ranks

Will this allowance apply to kids in University?

turbulence_fl360
24th May 2022, 01:49
Will this allowance apply to kids in University?
It is paid for 3 of your spawns till they turn 21.
After turning 21, they don't even get staff travel.

turbulence_fl360
24th May 2022, 09:28
And I hear, it can't be used for foreign boarding schools?
You heard wrong.

Desertboki
30th May 2022, 09:46
And I hear, it can't be used for foreign boarding schools?

Yes they do, it was not like that at the start but eventually I was able to send my kids home. Just remember UAE or away you will not be seeing them anytime soon with the current rosters. You also will not get prime school leave for at least 5-6 years.

manchi83
30th May 2022, 11:11
Yes they do, it was not like that at the start but eventually I was able to send my kids home. Just remember UAE or away you will not be seeing them anytime soon with the current rosters. You also will not get prime school leave for at least 5-6 years.

You mean you don't even get 2 days off in a row? Many pilots with family in Europe can spend at least a day with that.

What is the prime school leave? Not familiar with that.
Cheers mate

AirbusKing
30th May 2022, 12:01
Anyone on here getting in with Fz that can share some info on the the process?how soon after we’re you notified that you were successful and timeline for start dates

thx

AIMINGHIGH123
30th May 2022, 15:22

SOOOO pretty much like any aviation job then!!!

I was extremely lucky/swapping left right and centre with my previous outfit to even get 1 day off for my Mrs bday for 4 years in a row. School holidays never ever. Maybe few days either side. Xmas off yes but that’s because the airport I was based from was closed so had to take either as holiday or unpaid leave if you used all your holiday up. This at a UK airline. Welcome to the aviation industry.

Desertboki
30th May 2022, 19:27
SOOOO pretty much like any aviation job then!!!

I was extremely lucky/swapping left right and centre with my previous outfit to even get 1 day off for my Mrs bday for 4 years in a row. School holidays never ever. Maybe few days either side. Xmas off yes but that’s because the airport I was based from was closed so had to take either as holiday or unpaid leave if you used all your holiday up. This at a UK airline. Welcome to the aviation industry.

Yes you are correct it is far from ideal at the best of times. Flydubai is next level. I guess the majority of applicants would be from a low cost background. An normal roster would consist of a week of early reports and then a week of late reports . Say late reporting mid day till 4pm for multi sectors. I’m not sure if it has changed but 60% of flydubai is night flying. With the model before and currently I could general collect the kids from school or drop them off most mornings. In flydubai I just found myself sleeping in a spare room curtains pulled trying to rest for the next night duty. I was not fit to do the school run. I do agree again with you and school leave. I was able to get at least 2 weeks during summer break in FZ after a number of years. I believe that is not possible anymore.

manchi83
30th May 2022, 19:57
Hi guys.
To keep it short and simple. Just two straightforward questions:

1. Does anyone know if bidding is coming back?
2. Is a salary increase expected at any time soon?

Thank you

turbulence_fl360
31st May 2022, 06:01
Hi guys.
To keep it short and simple. Just two straightforward questions:

1. Does anyone know if bidding is coming back?
2. Is a salary increase expected at any time soon?

Thank you

1. No
2. No

Hublot
31st May 2022, 07:24
When will you be able to apply again? Link has been dead for months!

shakesk
31st May 2022, 09:20
Has anyone here been through the second officer program with CAE recently? If so, what was the process for license conversion from EASA or FAA after the type rating?

Saffa_pilot
11th Jun 2022, 08:33
Anyone on here getting in with Fz that can share some info on the the process?how soon after we’re you notified that you were successful and timeline for start dates

thx

If you are type rated and can start immediately, I know some guys who started 10 days after successfully completing the interview process.

T54A
12th Jun 2022, 13:53
Which of the psychometrics which were done online get redone in Dubai for the selection process?

i.love.flying
13th Jun 2022, 18:40
Hi All,

I did the aptitude test and the HireVue interview a month back. The status of my application shows "Completed" upon logging in to the account. Is it supposed to be that or something else. I haven't heard anything from FlyDubai since then.

Any updates would be helpful.

Thanks.

boeingbusdriver
17th Jun 2022, 11:05
Has anyone passed the pre employment medical with a BMI between 30-35?

F2L
20th Jun 2022, 18:22
1. No
2. No

They just announced new fly pay and transportation allowance. It will give around 3% increase in the total salary. 500dhs increase in transportation and 10% per flying hours

forget about biding, full swap is back… just managed to open 10 days off in a row this month.

AirbusKing
20th Jun 2022, 18:50
[QUOTE=F2L;11249204]They just announced new fly pay and transportation allowance. It will give around 3% increase in the total salary. 500dhs increase in transportation and 10% per flying hours

forget about biding, full swap is back… just managed to open 10 days off in a row this month.[/QUOTE

Nothing on housing or basic?

boeingbusdriver
22nd Jun 2022, 06:20
Been through the selection process recently, everything went well except the one Abstract reasoning test. I done quite bad on it. Will this mean I’ve failed the entire selection or do they look at your overall performance? Anyone with some info would be appreciated.

Desertboki
22nd Jun 2022, 06:57
They just announced new fly pay and transportation allowance. It will give around 3% increase in the total salary. 500dhs increase in transportation and 10% per flying hours

forget about biding, full swap is back… just managed to open 10 days off in a row this month.

10 days off. Has that not to do with the current runway closure? Any extra money is a bonus but why get so excited about 500aed in Dubai ? Has the basic salary changed ?

Jovis
23rd Jun 2022, 09:43
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me the typical 'take home' salary of an FO joining FZ?

And are there many layovers? If so, where?

Thanks guys!

F2L
24th Jun 2022, 04:38
10 days off. Has that not to do with the current runway closure? Any extra money is a bonus but why get so excited about 500aed in Dubai ? Has the basic salary changed ?

Maybe it has to do with runway closure, I have been doing lots of swaps and opening days off since I joined, lots of friends with 7 days off in a row in June and July, they halt swaps during covid times, now it’s fully back, but you have to know how to use the aims, otherwise you don’t take any advantages when the opportunity knocks on your door.… and if read the post careful there is nothing about excitement, total salary has increase average 3%, 10% increase on fly pay and 500 on transportation. That’s it. Better than nothing.😃

F2L
24th Jun 2022, 04:41
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me the typical 'take home' salary of an FO joining FZ?

And are there many layovers? If so, where?

Thanks guys!

11-12k USD FO
15-16k USD CA

flying 60-75hours

all allowances included

you can expect 2-3 layovers a month, some are easy to swap to turnarounds and vice versa. Mainly 24h Layovers.

pisa, Catania, Naples, Salzburg, krakow, Warsaw, Belgrade, Bucareste, tirana, lubjiana, Sarajevo, Moscow, Nur sultan, male (maldives), entebbe, dar es salam, Zanzibar, Chittagong, Dhaka and Kathmandu

during winter expect Istambul, Almaty.

suspended Kiev, Minsk, Helsinki

maybe I missed one or other

Desertboki
24th Jun 2022, 07:04
Maybe it has to do with runway closure, I have been doing lots of swaps and opening days off since I joined, lots of friends with 7 days off in a row in June and July, they halt swaps during covid times, now it’s fully back, but you have to know how to use the aims, otherwise you don’t take any advantages when the opportunity knocks on your door.… and if read the post careful there is nothing about excitement, total salary has increase average 3%, 10% increase on fly pay and 500 on transportation. That’s it. Better than nothing.😃

What do you mean by open days off? If you and your friends are all getting 7 days off in a row a month how many days off in total do you get? The contract was 8 day of a month. Average increase of 3% salary increase ? Is it less and more depending on grade ? Basic 25225 captain SFO 17000 what are they now ?

Jovis
24th Jun 2022, 10:17
11-12k USD FO
15-16k USD CA

flying 60-75hours

all allowances included

you can expect 2-3 layovers a month, some are easy to swap to turnarounds and vice versa. Mainly 24h Layovers.

pisa, Catania, Naples, Salzburg, krakow, Warsaw, Belgrade, Bucareste, tirana, lubjiana, Sarajevo, Moscow, Nur sultan, male (maldives), entebbe, dar es salam, Zanzibar, Chittagong, Dhaka and Kathmandu

Thank you very much for this, appreciate it!

Shazeem
25th Jun 2022, 06:09
11-12k USD FO
15-16k USD CA

flying 60-75hours

all allowances included

That's more than the pay at EK. Not sure if your numbers are correct. Can you specify?
WHich allowances do you get?

​​​​​

F2L
25th Jun 2022, 13:59
[QUOTE=Shazeem;11251376]That's more than the pay at EK. Not sure if your numbers are correct. Can you specify?

​​​​​CA
basic 25225
transportation 3100
housing 15000
218 per flying hour

FO
basic 17000
transportation 2300
housing 12600
152 per flying hour

EK mainly you don’t get housing allowance because company accommodation.

EK basic salary is higher (they don’t have transportation allowance, they have a chauffeur) and you have a boost on fly pay above certain hours.

FZ you can expect to fly around 70-75 hours per month average, sometimes 65 or even 85 . EK is hard to see them flying less than 80-85

but if you fly 85 hours on FZ you get more money than ek (junior pilot), senior pilots in emirates they will earn way more than FZ

overall package in EK is better than FZ because of pensions, pilots with ek for 15 years they can expect around 600k usd in pensions, in FZ you will have only end of service benefit which will be around 100k.

if you plan a long term stay in the desert, EK is definitely better in regards of money. Lifestyle, training, upgrade, cockpit environment, nothing beats flydubai. Easy going work, chill environment but expect lots of shift patterns change, night flying then morning flying than afternoon (not in this sequence). Mostly you ll have some days off between the patterns change, but still challenging

AirbusKing
25th Jun 2022, 14:31
[QUOTE=Shazeem;11251376]That's more than the pay at EK. Not sure if your numbers are correct. Can you specify?

​​​​​CA
basic 25225
transportation 3100
housing 15000
218 per flying hour

FO
basic 17000
transportation 2300
housing 12600
152 per flying hour

EK mainly you don’t get housing allowance because company accommodation.

EK basic salary is higher (they don’t have transportation allowance, they have a chauffeur) and you have a boost on fly pay above certain hours.

FZ you can expect to fly around 70-75 hours per month average, sometimes 65 or even 85 . EK is hard to see them flying less than 80-85

but if you fly 85 hours on FZ you get more money than ek (junior pilot), senior pilots in emirates they will earn way more than FZ

overall package in EK is better than FZ because of pensions, pilots with ek for 15 years they can expect around 600k usd in pensions, in FZ you will have only end of service benefit which will be around 100k.

if you plan a long term stay in the desert, EK is definitely better in regards of money. Lifestyle, training, upgrade, cockpit environment, nothing beats flydubai. Easy going work, chill environment but expect lots of shift patterns change, night flying then morning flying than afternoon (not in this sequence). Mostly you ll have some days off between the patterns change, but still challenging

are these amounts the new updated salary/transport allowances after the recent post on here that there is as a increase of 500 on transport?

F2L
25th Jun 2022, 14:33
Apologies for the quality Picou . You may need to zoom etc.

this is quite old. It doesn’t reflect the current roster of flydubai, this is a typical roster before FZ accident, back in 2016. Nowadays there are no such rosters, even if you swap to punish yourself the system wouldn’t allow this rosters. the printing format reflects something aged lol.

F2L
25th Jun 2022, 14:35
[QUOTE=F2L;11251539]

are these amounts the new updated salary/transport allowances after the recent post on here that there is as a increase of 500 on transport?

correct, these are the new figures

IESS
27th Jun 2022, 05:23
Does EK continue to stick to their rule of not hiring the staff flying previosly for FZ?
any other gulf carriers included in this regime
what abuut Wizz AD?

pedrothepilot
27th Jun 2022, 05:28
Why in your opinion is the lifestyle better as an FZ pilot? Do you mean for socializing with colleagues etc, or just more time to play outside of work?
Is the command timeline as quick as other LCC such as FR or WZZ?

Thanks mate!

RBT190
28th Jun 2022, 02:17
Been through the selection process recently, everything went well except the one Abstract reasoning test. I done quite bad on it. Will this mean I’ve failed the entire selection or do they look at your overall performance? Anyone with some info would be appreciated.
HI friend, did you get the result from test?

boeingbusdriver
28th Jun 2022, 12:32
HI friend, did you get the result from test?

nope still waiting

A320251N
1st Jul 2022, 19:44
How about now ?

Still nothing ?

I'm on the wait too... :D

RBT190
5th Jul 2022, 14:34
How about now ?

Still nothing ?

I'm on the wait too... :D
I sent email, they told they are calling candidates that applied from Last year like October.....

AirbusKing
7th Jul 2022, 14:14
Friend at EK received a notification that Sheikh has announced a pay increase for all Dubai based staff.
Does this mean anything for FZ or wishful thinking.About time we get something

F2L
9th Jul 2022, 10:45
Friend at EK received a notification that Sheikh has announced a pay increase for all Dubai based staff.
Does this mean anything for FZ or wishful thinking.About time we get something

FZ already increased… now it’s EK turn

Desertboki
12th Jul 2022, 12:39
When I joined in 2010 I earned 25000 as a DEC. Then they had grade A and grade B salaries. So what salary increase have you now F2L ? 225aed increase in 13 years?

F2L
16th Jul 2022, 17:09
[QUOTE=Desertboki;11260270]When I joined in 2010 I earned 25000 as a DEC. Then they had grade A and grade B salaries. So what salary increase have you now F2L ? 225aed increase in 13 years?

Salary is what you take home in the end of the month. Basic salary won’t increase in FZ, allowances and fly pay yes, they do. I had 2, and been here for few years only.

tell me where in the world you get 17k usd month flying 85h, which means 4% salary increase this year, tax free to fly a 737 nowadays. In Europe you fly for food, in US in normal days it will take ages to get this money, China is gone.

Desertboki
17th Jul 2022, 15:19
I was sent the following by my friends & colleagues who are there already:

Salary 25,480 AED per month.
Housing Allowance 16,000 AED per month with which you have to find your own place to live.
Transport Allowance 4,000 AED per month.
Flight pay 150 AED per block hour.

Life insurance 2 years basic salary.
Accident insurance 2 years basic salary.
Loss of license insurance 2 years basic salary up to 62 years of age, then 1 year basic salary up to 63 years of age, after which no cover.

Health care package provided for self, spouse and up to three children.

Education allowance for up to 3 children, which can be claimed to help pay fees at schools outside of UAE. Primary school 30,000 AED per child per year. Secondary school 45,000 AED per child per year.

Annual leave 42 days. One confirmed seat return ticket per year, for self, wife and upto 3 children, from Dubai to the airport nearest your nominated home, nearest that is to an airport that's served by Emirates.

One off moving allowance was 3,500 AED.

There is no pension plan or company contribution.

Don't know how the FO package looks.

If you work 50 block hours per month, for 10 months of the year, with no kids in tow, the package would amount to approx 620,000 AED per year, from which you have to fund all your accommodation and transport and if you have kids the education allowance will not cover all of the school fees for most schools that you'd be prepared to send your children to.

In the last three months the Dirham has slipped 21% against the UK Pound and also slipped 6% against the Euro. My ex-colleagues there also suggested that the whole package is rumoured to have been reduced by 10% on the figures quoted above, plus that the Interline agreement with Emirates is to be chopped which means getting back to home could become expensive and problematic?!

I was thinking of applying but with a worsening exchange rate plus a possible cuts in the T&C's, living in sandpit Dubai is not an attractive prospect.
I will just leave this here to show how flydubai operated. The Middle Eastern airlines are horrible to work for but I don’t know any other carrier that offers less money now in 2022 than they did in 2009.

F2L
17th Jul 2022, 15:31
I will just leave this here to show how flydubai operated. The Middle Eastern airlines are horrible to work for but I don’t know any other carrier that offers less money now in 2022 than they did in 2009.

this is not from flydubai or Emirates. Packages for both are better.

how come a pilot complain that he needs to find a house to live and a car to drive to work??? Does he need someone to mouth feed him too?

dirham is pegged to dolar… and now euro and dolar are on the same level.

pounds and nothing is the same, unless you are from a tinny island
located near by Europe🤪

FZ education is 44k and 66k from age 3 til 21, better than EK, which is from 4 til 18

If it is an old package from flydubai, I have to ask you why you keep posting things from 12 years ago?

AirInter
17th Jul 2022, 16:18
Anyone knows when will it be possible to apply as there are no current vacancies at this moment?
Thank you!

F2L
17th Jul 2022, 16:59
Anyone knows when will it be possible to apply as there are no current vacancies at this moment?
Thank you!

FZ may return soon, training is overloaded. New joiners going overseas for sims.

AirInter
17th Jul 2022, 17:10
Thank you for the answer.
Safe flights!

AIMINGHIGH123
18th Jul 2022, 06:27

Love how desertboki still clutching at straws.

Cathay Pacific, Ryanair, Flybe, Wizz Air just off the top of my head all offering actually less salaries and that’s before inflation added in. I could go really into it and compare to currencies or comparing it to the Big Mac Index.
As you have lots of time on your hands fill your boots, I have days off coming up so can review your work.

Desertboki
18th Jul 2022, 10:04
Love how desertboki still clutching at straws.

Cathay Pacific, Ryanair, Flybe, Wizz Air just off the top of my head all offering actually less salaries and that’s before inflation added in. I could go really into it and compare to currencies or comparing it to the Big Mac Index.
As you have lots of time on your hands fill your boots, I have days off coming up so can review your work.

I Agree, 2 of those airlines have more or less closed.Cathay Pacific and Flybe. The other two company’s have high numbers of their work force looking for better employment else where. Are you suggesting this is career progression? I write to warn people flydubai is not better employment.

Has anybody seen Transport Jock ?????? Has he transcybered into AIMGHIGH123 or F2L ? By the way readers the people that reply about new recruitment opportunities are actually in the flydubai recruitment team. Maybe they can tell you that most of the recruitment team is actually leaving FZ themselves. At this present time flydubai have suspended exit interviews as so many are leaving. Mainly for Emirates. The new recruits are only replacing the droves of people actually leaving.

papa_petje
29th Jul 2022, 03:01
Hi every one,

Just checking if someone has had the same response from FZ recruitment team. I completed my HireVue interview 2 weeks ago and after submitting straightaway I got this email:
"We have successfully received your interview for First Officer - Direct Entry. There is no further action on your part for this interview.
A representative from flydubai will contact you about next steps.
Best regards,
flydubai"

Like 8 minutes later, I got another one stating more or less the same:

"We have received your interview for the position of First Officer - Direct Entry-21000238. There is no further action on your part for this interview.
Thank you for your interest in flydubai.
Best regards,
flydubai Recruitment Team"

I haven't heard from then since so now I am wondering if some how this 2nd email is like a rejection from them. Especially seeing that part "Thank you for your interest in flydubai".

Anybody got the same?

A320251N
29th Jul 2022, 04:51
Anybody swimming in the pool or has been informed about the holding pool?

Swimming here... Patiently waitting !

midnight cruiser
1st Aug 2022, 07:37
I've met two people at work who have done the interview, but are not willing to fund an expensive trip to Dubai for the sim (and the medical?) out of their own pockets (stark contrast to the other ME majors) ... So they could very easily fix the input side of their crewing problem.

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Aug 2022, 07:40
I've met two people at work who have done the interview, but are not willing to fund an expensive trip to Dubai for the sim (and the medical?) out of their own pockets (stark contrast to the other ME majors) ... So they could very easily fix the input side of their crewing problem.
Never forget it is an honor to be threaded like s…..t in the ME

Desertboki
1st Aug 2022, 13:29

You would want to be insane to join flydubai at the moment. No fixed rosters. Nearly all night flying,no bidding system, rubbish staff travel and late rosters.TBH I do not think anyone would last long enough in this company to benefit from a provident fund. I left when Ken Gile left. Jim Vial told pilots it was a seniority based airline. The American model. The longer you are there the better your annual leave bids and trips were rewarded.The current SVP with his chequered past has ruined what was once an OK airline to work for. I am not sure of flydubai blocking people going to Emirates yet, but it would not surprise me. They have a no hire flydubai pilot agreement with Etihad for years. So you really limit yourself taking a job with flydubai. It will haunt your career progression in the future. If you really need a job in the Middle East all other carriers apart from Oman air are better options. Any South Africans thinking about going to the Middle East have any question feel free to pm me.

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Aug 2022, 18:50
sorry mate but I've been here for long enough and what your saying is irrelevant, but if you consider yourself peace of s* then expected to be treated like a peace of s* , whatever you are anyway not just here

Might be irrelevant but usually the truth releases such comments like yours
been there and happy not be anymore better life is far away from ME

ssietbunny
2nd Aug 2022, 16:06
Hi, attending sim this Aug for DEC. Is there any limit on BMI in medicals as for my large stature am over 30 bmi, i.e, 31. what extra tests can i expect ?

Mrmorreti
3rd Aug 2022, 04:58
Hi, attending sim this Aug for DEC. Is there any limit on BMI in medicals as for my large stature am over 30 bmi, i.e, 31. what extra tests can i expect ?

Very difficult to get a straight answer on this. Almost everyone who's been for assessment recently states 30, this is the EK requirement but is based on their medical insurance and not GCAA licensing requirements.

GCAA state anything under 35 doesn't flag issues unless there are additional underlying health conditions. I think they want some lipid tests done.

Company won't give a straight answer.

Some of the older pilots state that under 35 is fine.

Let me know if you can get a straight answer on this!!

bankangurl
3rd Aug 2022, 05:53
Swimming here... Patiently waitting !

Informed about the holding pool as well and waiting. Any idea how long it could be?

mrflightlvl
4th Aug 2022, 15:12
Hi,

Result : Failure

Here is my story, i was asked come to DXB after successfully passing Interview, i did my sim check, im not type rated on 737, i passed sim next day went to FZ campus, did all process, they were so promising, after i returned back to home, almost 2 mons later they said im not successful .

I am not blaming them for anything, but no reason or any assessment given to me.

My understanding,
If you are not 737 rated, or if u have no jet experience, don't even try, looks like they have so many application, they should be luck to get many applicants, but should treat others properly. When i passed my sim i felt very confident and had high hopes, this really disappointed.

Shrike200
8th Aug 2022, 14:47

If you are over 30 by a small margin the doctor who does the entry test (more basic than the full medical) will probably advise you to lose weight, but it shouldn't affect your success. I don't know at what point it starts to become a problem for entry, but a friend laughed at me when telling me this, as he knew of some 'heavy' people who were already in, and it seemed that the implication was once you're in, it's a lot more lenient. I'm not sure what the GCA (? the UAE CAA, don't know the actual abbreviation) actually want, but I was told that BMI is a factor in their medical, and it must be 30 or under (again, it seemed like there were people there passing regularly who were over that, I don't know for sure, I'm not there). I was told that Emirates want a BMI of 29 or under on their online submission (second stage) as you have to enter your height and weight, and they explicitly state on the online form that it must be 29 or under. If you don't qualify, they email you to explain why, and that you must resubmit when you are within those limits.

All second hand information from friends, sorry.

Hublot
8th Aug 2022, 17:44
How are you guys applying ? When I press the apply now link it just takes me to the listed jobs, and there are no pilot positions open. It’s been like that for months.

Shrike200
10th Aug 2022, 12:29
How are you guys applying ? When I press the apply now link it just takes me to the listed jobs, and there are no pilot positions open. It’s been like that for months.

From a friend: "We learned via the grapevine that we could email a person in HR directly - this person specifically asked that we do this, thus giving us permission to email them, it wasn't just out of the blue. That person then told them to apply for ANY job on the Flydubai website, and they then manually changed it to the appropriate application (FO or DEC). The application then proceeded from there with the online tests, interviews, and setting up sim dates."

ssietbunny
10th Aug 2022, 12:48
Applied last October

Shrike200
12th Aug 2022, 07:22
If you are over 30 by a small margin the doctor who does the entry test (more basic than the full medical) will probably advise you to lose weight, but it shouldn't affect your success. I don't know at what point it starts to become a problem for entry, but a friend laughed at me when telling me this, as he knew of some 'heavy' people who were already in, and it seemed that the implication was once you're in, it's a lot more lenient. I'm not sure what the GCA (? the UAE CAA, don't know the actual abbreviation) actually want, but I was told that BMI is a factor in their medical, and it must be 30 or under (again, it seemed like there were people there passing regularly who were over that, I don't know for sure, I'm not there). I was told that Emirates want a BMI of 29 or under on their online submission (second stage) as you have to enter your height and weight, and they explicitly state on the online form that it must be 29 or under. If you don't qualify, they email you to explain why, and that you must resubmit when you are within those limits.

All second hand information from friends, sorry.

Update: If you're over a BMI of 30 when you do the interview medical screening, they will email you and tell you to get a signed report from a doctor stating that you're at 30 or under when you are able to. Your application will not proceed unless this is done, but will remain on file for six months. This is directly from a person I know who had it happen to them.

A3X0
26th Aug 2022, 07:09
Hello everyone

i had the simulator , psychometric and psychological test 2 weeks ago and still no results from fly dubai assessment. Do you know if it is taking long time, does it mean it is a failure? I heard they inform the successful candidate in a couple of days and for the unsuccessful candidate it takes few weeks. Any one has some information about this? Thank you

Shrike200
27th Aug 2022, 12:14
Hello everyone

i had the simulator , psychometric and psychological test 2 weeks ago and still no results from fly dubai assessment. Do you know if it is taking long time, does it mean it is a failure? I heard they inform the successful candidate in a couple of days and for the unsuccessful candidate it takes few weeks. Any one has some information about this? Thank you

The experience of my colleagues who have tried has been that those who are unsuccessful tend to be informed quite quickly, BUT, there have been those that were told they were unsuccessfol even after several weeks. There still seems to be one final hurdle to clear that can still result in being unsuccessful after several weeks of hearing nothing.

Those that were successful were in all cases however, NOT informed quickly, it always took several weeks.

PolishStork
28th Aug 2022, 07:54
Can you give us an email to that person from HR department? I tried change it manually but there is no such option.

Shrike200
28th Aug 2022, 11:01
I doubt they'd appreciate their email being published on an open forum. I don't have it, but that's just my opinion.

What I do know (again, via colleagues) is that any emails to HR now receive the reply that they are taking no more applications for the remainder of 2022.

My own speculation: They seem to have met their quota for the moment. If I had to speculate based on the incredibly limited information I've happened to hear, I'd guess their training department is capped out, so there is no point interviewing for the moment as the holding pool seems pretty full already.

A3X0
28th Aug 2022, 17:20
The experience of my colleagues who have tried has been that those who are unsuccessful tend to be informed quite quickly, BUT, there have been those that were told they were unsuccessfol even after several weeks. There still seems to be one final hurdle to clear that can still result in being unsuccessful after several weeks of hearing nothing.

Those that were successful were in all cases however, NOT informed quickly, it always took several weeks.

thank you Shrike200 for your time to reply

F2L
6th Sep 2022, 05:58
also, the same friend said, flydubai pilots are more angry and toxic now because of the roasters,
especially the first officers, because of the lack of first officers in the company currently the failure rate of upgrades and upgrades delays are more, that's why many are pissed and leaving even more than before

pilots angry and toxic…. Ahahahahahah looks like a late 90s boy comment.

Failures in upgrade is in the normal rate. ME upgrades are tough. If you are bellow average pilot you ll be FO for ever here.

Yeah lots of Brazilians trying EB-2 visas But hundreds more willing to come. There is a huge supply of pilots from Brazil India and SA.

the current bottle neck in flydubai is training, they don’t have the assets to train the amount of pilots to cover FZ needs. Some guys are sitting at home waiting for line training slots.

Roster is really busy, 80+ hours for CAs and 90+ for FOs, but, after summer peak plus winter rosters, things will get stable again.

But, don’t expect less than 800-850h per year in the sand box.

F2L
7th Sep 2022, 18:11
how long you've been in flydubai for?

enough to see how to play the game… 6+ years

nimrodjoe
10th Sep 2022, 21:09
enough to see how to play the game… 6+ years

all fly Dubai guys blocked from joining us . Good news for us at ek !!

Latestormer
18th Sep 2022, 15:26
Guys that joined 5 months ago (type rated!) still didn't fly their first sector. Lack of MAX sim and LTCs as I heard.

svp
18th Sep 2022, 17:11
how many pilots are in flydubai ?

picsou
19th Sep 2022, 04:06
Guys that joined 5 months ago (type rated!) still didn't fly their first sector. Lack of MAX sim and LTCs as I heard.
I hope for them they are getting paid while waiting...

FalseGS
19th Sep 2022, 12:54
They are.

filipo
20th Sep 2022, 08:50
pilots angry and toxic…. Ahahahahahah looks like a late 90s boy comment.

Failures in upgrade is in the normal rate. ME upgrades are tough. If you are bellow average pilot you ll be FO for ever here.

Yeah lots of Brazilians trying EB-2 visas But hundreds more willing to come. There is a huge supply of pilots from Brazil India and SA.

the current bottle neck in flydubai is training, they don’t have the assets to train the amount of pilots to cover FZ needs. Some guys are sitting at home waiting for line training slots.

Roster is really busy, 80+ hours for CAs and 90+ for FOs, but, after summer peak plus winter rosters, things will get stable again.

But, don’t expect less than 800-850h per year in the sand box.

i don’t think captains at FZ are astronauts. I think they are normal pilots like every one else just that I think the management makes the process too difficult to discourage a lot of people to try. There is indeed a standard for captains but it is not astronaut level you don’t need to be an astronaut to command a 737.
the mistakes that they make in incidents recorded show they are as natural as every body else.
the check pilots who fail these people assume a god attitude.

eimin
23rd Sep 2022, 10:45
Anyone else in the holding pool?

Cabair351
25th Sep 2022, 19:48
Hi, interviewed unsuccessfully for a DEC position recently. My overall impression of the airline is positive. Culture seems courteous but business like. Assessment process and simulator as described. If i can i'll try again next year. Good luck to everyone who applies.

Desertboki
8th Oct 2022, 14:21

Yes,I know one first officer that joined who is sitting at home farming even though they are short of staff. Most upgradeable senior first officer left as they pay/rosters were undesirable and the rest are blocked from EK” I see nothing has changed “ Also the command upgrade program has slowed way down. They company prefer to now take even more DECs than upgrade internally. Nothing will change with that current management. If FZ981 did not change the company culture, nothing will.

Chameau
9th Oct 2022, 08:24
FZ981 had nothing to do with DEC as far as I know

Desertboki
10th Oct 2022, 09:30
FZ981 had nothing to do with DEC as far as I know

I did not say or mean that. I am highlighting flydubai is operating at a high level of turn over staff. Hundreds have left in the last year alone and they are now short of staff. First officers are currently flying 100 hours a month.That speaks volumes of how horrible the working conditions are. Their retention programme is to block people leaving for other companies and to bond new joiners already type rated pilots for 3 years to trap them there. Let’s just say the holes in the Swiss cheese are lining up.

Time Traveller
10th Oct 2022, 10:31
I First officers are currently flying 100 hours a month.. While I acknowledge that those 100 hours are not packed as tightly/efficiently as some locos in easier operating arenas, resulting in very high duty hours and fatigue, and not to dispute anything you say .. I would say that 100 hours is the norm these days, and the practice of exceeding 100 block hours elsewhere in the middle East is the more legally and operationally dubious.

B787JD
14th Oct 2022, 06:28
Really mate, leaving in the hordes you say !!! You sound just like the news channels these days, spreading a load of @#@P. I suggest if you are in flydubai seek help or leave.

Chameau
14th Oct 2022, 17:25
If you think fz is crap, try qr. Btw in any business oriented company, the flight ops just "try" to fulfill the commercial dptmt demand and request. So if as you said current FOs fly 100h/month the company will definitely slowdown the upgrade till new hired FOs ready. They will pick it up again when they have choice, but that's not their priority. Their priority is to make airplanes fly to meet the sudden post covid high demand. That is how companies make money and nothing will change.

Desertboki
17th Oct 2022, 09:15
Really mate, leaving in the hordes you say !!! You sound just like the news channels these days, spreading a load of @#@P. I suggest if you are in flydubai seek help or leave.

Look at the reality. I said it months ago. I’m sure someone will give me a list of excuses, business etc lol. They do not have enough pilots on seats to fly the planes.That’s you’re @#@p mate.🤣
https://news.flydubai.com/flydubai-enters-new-wet-lease-agreement-with-smartwings

patthecat
22nd Oct 2022, 14:06
https://careers.tuigroup.com/blog/job/110642_en/

SOPS
22nd Oct 2022, 14:27
If you think fz is crap, try qr. Btw in any business oriented company, the flight ops just "try" to fulfill the commercial dptmt demand and request. So if as you said current FOs fly 100h/month the company will definitely slowdown the upgrade till new hired FOs ready. They will pick it up again when they have choice, but that's not their priority. Their priority is to make airplanes fly to meet the sudden post covid high demand. That is how companies make money and nothing will change.

Thats why people are not interested anymore.

Pack1off
8th Nov 2022, 05:57
Greetings! Does anyone have any updates/ information on when candidates in the talent holding pool can expect a start date?

Regards

Pack1off

Latestormer
10th Nov 2022, 08:22
Greetings! Does anyone have any updates/ information on when candidates in the talent holding pool can expect a start date?

Regards

Pack1off

May/2023 and beyond.

quagmire69
10th Nov 2022, 11:12
Hey all,

Does anyone have any tips what to prepare for the MS teams online interview?

Thanks!

salvo montalbano
11th Nov 2022, 11:57
Hi! Just curious, does somebody knows if FZ have layovers? How is the roster nowadays?
Thanks!

salvo montalbano
11th Nov 2022, 11:57
Hi! Just curious, does somebody knows if FZ have layovers? How is the roster nowadays?
Thanks!

Whispering Giant
19th Nov 2022, 11:31
Is anyone aware of Flydubai (FZ) having issues with their recruitment website provided by a 3rd party software company called Taleo ?.
I have just applied under their latest recruiting campaign (for non-type rated) pilots, launched on Friday 18th November 2022. I have a full UK issued ATPL, 8000 hours and type rated on the Embraer E195 and E175 and meet all their advertised requirements and yet when I apply, I get a message back saying that I don’t meet their requirements?? Double checked all the requirements and I more than meet them and exceed them.
I’ve also spoken to another couple of friends of mine and they get the same message even with in excess of 10,000 hours, one of them with a masters degree and another who is type rated on the 737 already and according to their recruitment portal non of us meet their requirements…. Is anyone else having this issue with FZ ?
I wonder if they have launched the recruitment campaign, but not updated the filter requirement’s in the 3rd party software which is now automatically discounting valid applicants.

Latestormer
19th Nov 2022, 13:05
Thanks!
BTS
CGP
DAR
DAC
PRG
SJJ
EBB
VKO
OTP
KTM
KRK
ZNZ
CTA
ZAG
BEG
NAP
ALA
IST/SAW
NQZ
CCJ
MLE
MSQ
TIA
SZG
LJU
BUD
WAW
PSA

Roster is mostly made of turn around flights, sometimes 4 legs including 10h duty for 3-4h block. Lucky if 9-10 days off.

featherededge
19th Nov 2022, 19:04
Is anyone aware of Flydubai (FZ) having issues with their recruitment website provided by a 3rd party software company called Taleo ?.
I have just applied under their latest recruiting campaign (for non-type rated) pilots, launched on Friday 18th November 2022. I have a full UK issued ATPL, 8000 hours and type rated on the Embraer E195 and E175 and meet all their advertised requirements and yet when I apply, I get a message back saying that I don’t meet their requirements?? Double checked all the requirements and I more than meet them and exceed them.
I’ve also spoken to another couple of friends of mine and they get the same message even with in excess of 10,000 hours, one of them with a masters degree and another who is type rated on the 737 already and according to their recruitment portal non of us meet their requirements…. Is anyone else having this issue with FZ ?
I wonder if they have launched the recruitment campaign, but not updated the filter requirement’s in the 3rd party software which is now automatically discounting valid applicants.

I see the same.

WickedRider
20th Nov 2022, 14:05

Same here ... I received it while filling the application. don't know what's the problem

bankangurl
4th Dec 2022, 03:19
For those of you waiting in the holding pool, I was here for about 4 months and finally got a start date for early next year. My references were contacted about 2 months ago. Hope it works out for everyone soon!

Flyinghigh320
4th Dec 2022, 07:15
The email i received was to wait for 3 weeks. After i have done with my interview and exam assessment.

A320251N
4th Dec 2022, 20:35
Hi there...

Tks for giving an update.

If possible, can you please say if you're TR, NTR, FO, DEC ?

All the best and congrats !

bankangurl
4th Dec 2022, 20:41
Hi there...

Tks for giving an update.

If possible, can you please say if you're TR, NTR, FO, DEC ?

All the best and congrats !

TR - FO

Flyinghigh320
6th Dec 2022, 14:30
NTR-FO I just finished my online assessment.

virga 208
12th Dec 2022, 17:14
Out of curiosity guys, when did you apply? whats the average time for the whole process? thanx:)

FMCspeed
17th Dec 2022, 18:47
Hello.

How are you guys applying for Flydubai as the option "Apply Now" is not working in their website? I just made a random profile into their website but applying for the specific position has not been posible.

Full IFR
18th Dec 2022, 20:09
Hello.

How are you guys applying for Flydubai as the option "Apply Now" is not working in their website? I just made a random profile into their website but applying for the specific position has not been posible.
The position was open up to December 2.

A1_DXB
22nd Dec 2022, 01:22

Is this an internal facility? Is it useful in allowing flexibility with rosters now that it’s back ? Could you elaborate on the swap system a bit more - I’m terrified about the rosters from the sounds of things and have my sim assessment ride in a few weeks . I don’t mind working hard , but does the swap system allow for more flexibility . Thank you so much for any info !

F2L
28th Dec 2022, 20:23
Is this an internal facility? Is it useful in allowing flexibility with rosters now that it’s back ? Could you elaborate on the swap system a bit more - I’m terrified about the rosters from the sounds of things and have my sim assessment ride in a few weeks . I don’t mind working hard , but does the swap system allow for more flexibility . Thank you so much for any info !

bidding is back, now we have rotational groups which is really fair and swaps. So now we have full aims functionality back. Swaps is basically you trade duty with other crew, the system allows lots of possibilities, like duty for off and vice versa, giveaway duties, layovers for turns, turns for layovers… all thru the rostering system AIMS. Also biding, basically, every beginning of each month bidding opens and you bid for flights, days off, layovers that you willing to do, not always will be granted, depends on what you bid for, what is your seniority and what priority group you are in.

Rosters a quite good in my opinion, I’m left seat and flew around 750 hours in 2022 and manage +60 days annual leave (42 is contract and manage more days off attached to the Annual leave with swaps and bids) with the swaps back you can choose between more days off or more cash. But don’t get me wrong you have to know how to use aims functionalities, otherwise you screwed. I ve see a lots of complains that the system doesn’t work and it’s not fair, I agree with them (contains irony), if people doesn’t trust the system is better for me, less people bidding more requests I have. 😃😃😃

disclamer: YOU MUST Spend time online on the ECrew system in order to bid properly and manage good swaps. Things don’t fall on your lap

flydubai is the best carrier in ME, if you don’t want to bother with training, if you looking for a nice cockpit mood, if you like to sleep at home and days off. Money wise EK and QR pays more with more benefits.

night flights is part of FZ business expect to do lots of them, max 2 nights in a row is the new policy.

750 hrs on left seat give a annual income of 185k usd. All allowances included (except education allowance). Tax free

A1_DXB
29th Dec 2022, 02:47
That’s an awesome reply , greatly appreciate it . I’ll be a new joiner and looking to grind to command asap and don’t mind - just glad there’s a system in place that if harnessed can allow for some flexibility , AIMS sounds like an epic tool and worth putting some effort into mastering. The ability to manage extra hours / time off was something that made life better for all pilots at my prior company while still being able to maximize productivity . It was removed and without it quality of life quickly deteriorated . Super pumped this exists , and so looking forward to joining fingers crossed ! Thank you , seasons greetings and happy new year !!

Flyinghigh320
2nd Jan 2023, 10:21
When you wont received an e-mail after 3 weeks does it mean you didn't passed the assessment or they message you that you didn't made the cut.

190pilot
6th Jan 2023, 20:22
Anyone else swimming in the pool?

Ave8r
10th Jan 2023, 22:49
If you haven't heard in 3 weeks is your application trashed?

AbruzziPilot
11th Jan 2023, 15:47
6 weeks after receiving the "3 weeks" email.

I'm all out of hope...

Flyinghigh320
11th Jan 2023, 16:42
6 weeks after receiving the "3 weeks" email.

I'm all out of hope...

Same here its more than a month now, no email. I guess my application was declined

Mat737
11th Jan 2023, 17:31
I think they have a lot of application now and we have to wait. I heard that previously were people who had to wait even 3 months. Anyway here is someone who had HireVue (online interview) after 10 december and received invitation for next step?

A320251N
12th Jan 2023, 04:10
Anyone else swimming in the pool?
Sent you a PM

Smarino75
16th Jan 2023, 10:40
I’m, any news?

featherededge
16th Jan 2023, 17:09
NTR-FO I just finished my online assessment.

Was your online assessment tied to the NTR-FO opening that ran from the end of Nov to Dec 2nd 2022? I have been waiting for either an assessment or rejection email, but I have received neither.

AbruzziPilot
18th Jan 2023, 22:37
Hey guys,

I received the email for the Ms Teams interview 7 weeks after the 3 weeks.

So keep positive, probably is the number of applications what is making it longer.

Cheers.

featherededge
22nd Jan 2023, 00:11
Could someone from the US who is currently a pilot at FZ please provide some information about how US taxes are handled and what kinds of deductions are available? It would seem that with basic salary, 70 hours flying and housing allowance, salary in USD would be approximatéy $138 000 annually. It is my understanding that the first $105K is not subject to US tax. What about the remaining $33K? Is it possible not to include housing allowance in total gross taxable income?

featherededge
22nd Jan 2023, 00:12
Could someone from the US who is currently a pilot at FZ please compare / contrast your experience with FZ health insursnce v.s. in the US?

Are some things better and others worse?

What about receiving healthcare in Dubai? Quality level, etc.?

Yoush
26th Jan 2023, 12:33
Hi Mat,

Yes I did, and after 2 weeks I received an email for the MS teams interview. To plan an interview date 7 weeks after that email. Anyone here that has some tips/feedback for the MS Teams interview?
much appreciated.

Yoush

737a
31st Jan 2023, 17:46
I was wondering whats the upgrade process at FD? Does anybody have a clue how things work there?

FMCspeed
2nd Feb 2023, 15:04
Hello, I applied for the Type Rated position and they sent me some tests and 3 questions to answer as video. I did everything this week. What are the next steps? If someone has done or know, please post here or privately. Thanks.

AbruzziPilot
3rd Feb 2023, 14:50
Next step is online as well, some tests just like on the LPJ site.

Then, an interview online on MsTeams, you can expect hear from them from 2 to maybe 8 or 10 weeks after the online tests.

Cheers.

Flyinghigh320
3rd Feb 2023, 16:54
We have the same step, they will give you an email if you passed or continue. I received mine last week and said that i did not passed the assessment. I hope you have a green light while you wait. It took 9 weeks for them to reply. I admitted i'm not used to online interview looking at your face while talking. LOL. All the best.

Ave8r
7th Feb 2023, 16:14
Anyone knows the clarity on the pay? On their website it says:

Basic salary + Housing allowance + Transportation allowance: AED 31,900
Variable Flying pay: Avg. Monthly AED 10,640 (Based on 70 hours)

What is the actual salary end of the Month for FOs without Overtime and Per Diems?

Mr_ATPL
8th Feb 2023, 18:09
Anyone knows the clarity on the pay? On their website it says:

Basic salary + Housing allowance + Transportation allowance: AED 31,900
Variable Flying pay: Avg. Monthly AED 10,640 (Based on 70 hours)

What is the actual salary end of the Month for FOs without Overtime and Per Diems?

If you can't do the sum of the 2 numbers mentioned above, I don't think that Flydubai is the place for you.

Best of luck!

FMCspeed
9th Feb 2023, 11:11
Hello, folks.

I'm in the middle of the Flydubai First Officer TR assessment and I've got some questions. If someone can answer here or privately it would help me so much for the next steps and decision to leave my actual job for signing with Flydubai.

The questions are:

1- The variable flying pay in their website is AED 10,640 for a 70 flight hours reference. How is it actually measured? Is that AED 152 per flight hour? So the variable salary is for example if I fly 50 hours a month AED 7,600 but if I fly 100 hours that is gonna be AED 15,200? Or do they have a variable salary up to XX hours and above those XX hours they pay XXX per flight hour? (just about the variable paying)

2- What are the minimums for upgrading from FO to Captain at FZ?

3- The next steps for my assessement are MS Teams interview followed by the Simulator assessment. Could someone send the questions they ask during this interview and also about the simulator assessement?

Thank you so much and luck for us all.

andy997
10th Feb 2023, 13:07
Are there any other NTR guys here currently waiting in the pool?

FIGJAMX
10th Feb 2023, 13:42
Hey guys! Anyone know how long it is from completing the assessment centre till you know you have passed the process? And how long is it from then till you actually start training for a NTR candidate

A320251N
10th Feb 2023, 17:41
I'm in the pool for +6 months (NTR DEC)...

What I heard is that they are focusing in Experienced FOs now.

Best of luck for us!

AbruzziPilot
14th Feb 2023, 01:32
They aren’t hiring DEC anymore.

A friend of mine was in the middle of the process and they pulled him out…

A320251N
14th Feb 2023, 14:51
They aren’t hiring DEC anymore.

A friend of mine was in the middle of the process and they pulled him out…

I'm still in the DEC pool...

Your friend did the entire process? Or just part of it?

I heard that the DEC hiring will be very slow, if any. But eveything changes all the time, so, I'll try to keep my hopes up.

BOEINGANDROLEX
16th Feb 2023, 19:53
Upgrade time at FZ? I saw the requirements are not too hard, guess 500 hours at FZ and 12 months flying for FZ, right? but today how long time the FOs are being upgraded?

MoreDaysOffPlease
17th Feb 2023, 17:55
Those upgrade requirements are about 5 years old.

They changed in 2018 or 19.

24 Months since completion of initial Line Check
4000 Hours TT
2000 Hours NG/MAX
1000 Hours at FZ

So 3-4 months from joining date until line check. 24 months to be eligible. 3 month wait for an interview. 3 month wait for a start date. 1 month course. You’re looking at just under 3 years if the stars align.

Keep in mind there other criteria to meet. Attendance, discipline, safety profile and the magic ‘4s’ in your last 2 checks. Decent grade in your last line check. No ‘fails’ for a couple of years.

if you meet the grade then there is a 2 hour interview which is not for the faint hearted. About a 50/50 pass/fail rate. If you pass that hurdle then it’s a relatively short command course where you are expected to show up prepared. Pass mark for the course is quite high, probably about 80%.

Progression at flydubai is by no means guaranteed. It is probably one of the tougher upgrade processes of all the ME carriers due to the amount things that have to line up in order to get on a course. Probably rightly so as the network is challenging. If you want to upgrade in 3 years be prepared to work hard, be disciplined and work for those markers in every check.

All that said, most of the pilots get there eventually. Just go to FZ with a 3-4 year minimum expectation for the left seat. One average performance in the sim can knock you back a year.

Saffa_pilot
18th Feb 2023, 09:23
I'm still in the DEC pool...

Your friend did the entire process? Or just part of it?

I heard that the DEC hiring will be very slow, if any. But eveything changes all the time, so, I'll try to keep my hopes up.

How long have you been in the holding pool for DEC?

I dont know if it helps, but I interviewed June 2022. I only heard in the middle of August that the outcome was successful and my start date is in April. So quite a lengthy process.