PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34

Gonuts
23rd Jul 2017, 05:26
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions related to the cadet program. I'm 21 years old and recently graduated with a diploma in Airport Operations, I'm extremely interested in applying for the cadet program as soon as possible however I need some information first.

1. I'm a Canadian born citizen with no ties to HK or China, is there any way I can apply for an HKID to qualify for the cadet program ?

2. I'm having difficulty differentiating between right of abode and HKID, I'm assuming they go hand in hand ?

3. If I cannot obtain the right of abode prior to application is there any other ways of successfully joining without going through the advanced entry program ?

Thanks kindly,
RLYVR

Re Q 1 & 2 -Home | Immigration Department | Immigration Department (http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/)

Re Q 3 - https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/careers/jobs-in-the-air/pilots.html

Simple is that.

mmb327
23rd Jul 2017, 18:46
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions related to the cadet program. I'm 21 years old and recently graduated with a diploma in Airport Operations, I'm extremely interested in applying for the cadet program as soon as possible however I need some information first.

1. I'm a Canadian born citizen with no ties to HK or China, is there any way I can apply for an HKID to qualify for the cadet program ?

2. I'm having difficulty differentiating between right of abode and HKID, I'm assuming they go hand in hand ?

3. If I cannot obtain the right of abode prior to application is there any other ways of successfully joining without going through the advanced entry program ?

Thanks kindly,
RLYVR

Hello there,

1) To gain a HKID card you need to have lived in Hong Kong for 7 years.

2) HKID card is a residential card that gives you the right of abode meaning the right to live and work in Hong Kong. Without the Hong Kong Identity Card, you are not a permanent resident of Hong Kong and therefore have no right of abode. It's basically a visa card allowing you to stay in Hong Kong when you dont have a Hong Kong passport for foreigners. Whereas Hong Kong locals have it with their passports for identification purposes.

3) It seems at the moment they are only having Cadets and Direct Entry recruitment, and have heard Advanced Entry wont be for a few months least. If you have enough hours to directly join the fleet of the 747 freighter or the A330 fleet than you can try, but if not, youre gonna have to train and gather enough flying hours to be considered for CX.

RLYVR
23rd Jul 2017, 23:37
Hello there,

1) To gain a HKID card you need to have lived in Hong Kong for 7 years.

2) HKID card is a residential card that gives you the right of abode meaning the right to live and work in Hong Kong. Without the Hong Kong Identity Card, you are not a permanent resident of Hong Kong and therefore have no right of abode. It's basically a visa card allowing you to stay in Hong Kong when you dont have a Hong Kong passport for foreigners. Whereas Hong Kong locals have it with their passports for identification purposes.

3) It seems at the moment they are only having Cadets and Direct Entry recruitment, and have heard Advanced Entry wont be for a few months least. If you have enough hours to directly join the fleet of the 747 freighter or the A330 fleet than you can try, but if not, youre gonna have to train and gather enough flying hours to be considered for CX.

Thank you for the quick response,

Has the cadet pilot program ever been open to overseas applicants outside of the AE and TT routes ?

rainjune
24th Jul 2017, 08:29
I don't know if this is accurate but what I heard was that the Grob 115 (which now they have like 2) have been taken out of the module and has been replaced by the Tobago TB10. And then all the modules that used the Tobago TB10 now uses the Diamond DA40 and then you get to start to fly the DA42 during the MECIR.

Will somebody be able to confirm this?:)

mmb327
24th Jul 2017, 13:30
Thank you for the quick response,

Has the cadet pilot program ever been open to overseas applicants outside of the AE and TT routes ?

They used to before back in 2009 for a few years. But they've stopped it around 2012-2013 I think and havent opened it to international cadets ever since. Many people have still wondered if they will go through that route again but I heavily doubt it. But you never know maybe they will unless they are really short on locals wanting to apply for the cadet program.

maazm
24th Jul 2017, 15:30
are you allowed to use calculators in the applied numeracy test for stage 1A?

twtc941215
25th Jul 2017, 04:29

For Cathay Pacific 1a, no

mmb327
26th Jul 2017, 13:05

If you are applying for the Cathay Dragon cadet you are allowed a calculator. If you are applying the Cathay Pacific cadet you are not allowed a calculator.

RLYVR
27th Jul 2017, 05:58
Read a comment on the Fragrant Harbor board that the "unofficial' plan is to eventually close FTA, anybody else heard that ? Seems unlikely IMO

mmb327
28th Jul 2017, 19:20
Read a comment on the Fragrant Harbor board that the "unofficial' plan is to eventually close FTA, anybody else heard that ? Seems unlikely IMO

Havent heard anything of that. Maybe its just one of those pilots who have a strong dislike towards CX workings aha. But hopefully thats not the case. Why would CX stop it when they need more pilots?

RLYVR
29th Jul 2017, 03:56
Havent heard anything of that. Maybe its just one of those pilots who have a strong dislike towards CX workings aha. But hopefully thats not the case. Why would CX stop it when they need more pilots?

Exactly, it doesn't present a good business case to shut what has been their biggest tool for recruiting new flight crew. Especially considering they are looking to hire a fair number of SOs over the next 3-4 years. Fragrant Harbor is pretty tough to read sometimes, I know there's both sides of an opinion but the negativity on there far outweighs any other sub forum even the regions where working conditions are third world.

leamrtn
2nd Aug 2017, 02:13
Hi, how long does the screening usually take? Do you receive a rejection email? If you passed initial screening how does the assessment happen? What are the different tests?
Thank you

RLYVR
7th Aug 2017, 04:43
Hey everyone,

just a quick update. The Advanced Entry program is SUSPENDED for the remainder of 2017 with no current plans to re-open it. Details come directly from CX flight crew recruitment team.

varundatta.hk
7th Aug 2017, 08:46
Hey everyone,

just a quick update. The Advanced Entry program is SUSPENDED for the remainder of 2017 with no current plans to re-open it. Details come directly from CX flight crew recruitment team.

Well thats a bitch. Gotta find other low time places now...

crazyfootball
11th Aug 2017, 08:49
I failed KA cut-e in May this year, and was told to re-apply after 1 year. Do anyone know whether it affects the CX process since now CX use cut-e too.

I failed CX 1B two years ago and applied last month. No news so far. I heard some saying that the time to re-apply for KA and CX counts together now, which means I have to wait until next year to get back from CX.

Any ideas?

RonnieWithNoDoubt
12th Aug 2017, 11:21
Hi may I know if anyone who's having stage 2 on 23rd aug? Please contact me through +852 6019 0040 many thanks !

ericscleung
14th Aug 2017, 09:52
Hi I am going to take the initial test next week
does anyone know whether the multiple choice test will be within the scope of the designated syllabus of the FAA handbook?
am thinking about whether to dig deep and go through the book again or to study a bit broader than just that

polarbear616
17th Aug 2017, 06:20
does anyone know whether the multiple choice test will be within the scope of the designated syllabus of the FAA handbook?
am thinking about whether to dig deep and go through the book again or to study a bit broader than just that

Feedback on what they ask on the test.

mmb327
17th Aug 2017, 10:06

I think the booklet will give you all you need for the test. After all, it is the official book for pilot knowledge. So what else would there be needed to learn. Just learn some Cathay key facts such as history, aircrafts they use, routes and all of that. (Also learn about which is Cathay major shareholders :Swire Pacific Ltd and Air China Ltd as they slipped that in the test when I took it).

air_xyz
19th Aug 2017, 07:38
Hey everyone,

No wonder one of the staff in FTA said they didn't get any news from CX about the Advanced Entry program. I hope they open next year!

ebannawtolip
19th Aug 2017, 15:40
I failed KA cut-e in May this year, and was told to re-apply after 1 year. Do anyone know whether it affects the CX process since now CX use cut-e too.

I failed CX 1B two years ago and applied last month. No news so far. I heard some saying that the time to re-apply for KA and CX counts together now, which means I have to wait until next year to get back from CX.

Any ideas?

I am in the same boat as well. Have you got any updates from CX?

crazyfootball
23rd Aug 2017, 08:51
I am in the same boat as well. Have you got any updates from CX?

Still nothing. I guess it'd be another year for us to wait:ugh:

ebannawtolip
24th Aug 2017, 15:26
Still nothing. I guess it'd be another year for us to wait:ugh:

Actually they sent me a consent form and wanted to get my KA results.

cfdchan
25th Aug 2017, 04:24
submitted my application in april and still waiting...

crazyfootball
26th Aug 2017, 03:23
Actually they sent me a consent form and wanted to get my KA results.

oh... may I know when did you submit your application and how long afterwards did they send you the consent?

So are you still waiting for their reply after you give them back the consent?

ebannawtolip
27th Aug 2017, 07:07
oh... may I know when did you submit your application and how long afterwards did they send you the consent?

So are you still waiting for their reply after you give them back the consent?

Nope, I did not submit my application. I just sent them an email directly regarding this issue, and they got back with a consent form. I filled in the form and now waiting. Finger-crossed.

dedong
29th Aug 2017, 12:49
Hi, I can't apply for the cadet programme but for Cathay, there's an advanced programme for people who don't hold a HKID so I want to ask whether if we need to pay for that because I have heard that the cadet programme is free.

Thank You

DeDong

tsecl
6th Sep 2017, 12:21
May I know if anyone is having their stage 2 on the 19th of September?

april.
6th Sep 2017, 15:31
hi guys, I'm preparing for my 1a, anybody has some tips on how to prepare for the technical questionnaire? appreciated thanks!

PropsAre4Boats
6th Sep 2017, 19:36
hi guys, I'm preparing for my 1a, anybody has some tips on how to prepare for the technical questionnaire? appreciated thanks!
Don't they send ya an email telling you what to read up on?
If you don't know how to read that, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
+ go back couple pages...maybe you can get answers.

gxdnn
10th Sep 2017, 01:33
Hey guys,

I'm Gordon and I currently live in Brisbane and I'm planning to apply for CPP sometime this year or the next.

I'm currently looking for somebody to study together. If you're interested to form a study group with feel free to contact me via:

email: [email protected]
whatsapp/phone: +61422056488

Regards,
Gordon

kriskcck
10th Sep 2017, 06:45
May I know if anyone is having their stage 2 on the 19th of September?

Hey, there i am also doing my stage 2 interview on the 19th of September. nice to meet you

weilee
20th Sep 2017, 07:06
Hey, there i am going to do my stage 2 interview on the 12 Oct, anyone is going on the same date?

Please feel free to contact me by [email protected]. Thanks!!

parafield
26th Sep 2017, 10:22
Looks like they have just updated their career section with a new layout. Clean, simple and direct, I like it. Tho not sure if it will help to boost the numbers. By the way, they have officially shut down the Advanced Entry stream and they have made it public now. Pity.

What do you mean by their new layout? buddy

Quartzite
8th Oct 2017, 05:57
Does anyone know whether they are still measuring candidates' limbs length in medical exam?

As far as I'm concerned, the standard nowadays is -> all candidates MUST be above 157.Xcm and candidates below 163cm are subject to functional reach test. I'm 160cm tall but I'm afraid that I don't have 100cm-long legs (which was required in the old days) :-(

musai0424
8th Oct 2017, 19:20
Hey, guys I'm a new here.

I am planning to apply CX cadet end of this year. and I just have a look application form and they require a couple of references.

among you guys who passed screening of resume, to whom you guys request a reference? are there a particular form to submit apart from the application?
and also, there is a column CX recommendation from someone. is this a mandatory to fill in?

all the best for you guys. thanks

IO360M1A
12th Oct 2017, 03:21
Looking for teammates having stage 2 interview on Nov 13.

TszChun.Anson
13th Oct 2017, 06:22
Hi everyone!

For those who are preparing for initial 1A, may I know if you are using latest pilot's cut-e package for practice? Does the package match what will be assessed in the aptitude test? I just purchased Skytest a few months ago and not sure if it is still useful for cut-e...

FL110
14th Oct 2017, 16:17
Hi everyone!

For those who are preparing for initial 1A, may I know if you are using latest pilot's cut-e package for practice? Does the package match what will be assessed in the aptitude test? I just purchased Skytest a few months ago and not sure if it is still useful for cut-e...

I think latestpilot is almost the same as Cathay one but not sure if there's still memory test.

I am preparing for 1A as well.

briaaaan
16th Oct 2017, 05:32
I think latestpilot is almost the same as Cathay one but not sure if there's still memory test.

I am preparing for 1A as well.

just wondering when did you apply?
I summited my application in early sept, but im still waiting for 1A invitation..

TszChun.Anson
16th Oct 2017, 07:27
I summited my application in early sept, but im still waiting for 1A invitation..

Good Luck! I am still under preparation as a full-time student.

briaaaan
16th Oct 2017, 08:01
Good Luck! I am still under preparation as a full-time student.

good luck to you too..
regarding to your question, I would say lastest pilot is most similar to the cut-E test according to the feedback.
but skytest is also a good website to practice:ok:.

TszChun.Anson
16th Oct 2017, 12:08
good luck to you too..
regarding to your question, I would say lastest pilot is most similar to the cut-E test according to the feedback.
but skytest is also a good website to practice:ok:.

Thanks for your feedback! Actually I find out that subscriptions to different periods (1/3/6 months or 1 year) have different tests included. Do you know which tests CX is using?

I should have subscribed to Cut-E:ugh:

ryanthtsui
18th Oct 2017, 08:13
Hi all,

I'm currently preparing for the cadet program, and planning to apply before the end of the year. Does anyone want to form a study group (or already have one) ?

I prefer meet in person regularly, but if you are not comfort with that we can still share information though WhatsApp.

Contact me +852 9255 7009 if you are interested, lets work hard tgt ��

parafield
21st Oct 2017, 04:13

I applied in late Sept, and received 1A invitation in early Oct.
Will be having it on 30th Oct
Anyone same may add my telegram: Uuuaay:ok::ok:

dennislam
25th Oct 2017, 15:03
Hi guys, I am new to here and I have just applied for CPP yesterday. Finger-crossed and hoping for the best. :P

Are there any study groups here (on WhatsApp or telegram what so ever)? See if we can exchange our idea/infos/updates etc.

Den:ok:

tmbenyu
29th Oct 2017, 23:07
Hi guys, I am new to here and I have just applied for CPP yesterday. Finger-crossed and hoping for the best. :P

Are there any study groups here (on WhatsApp or telegram what so ever)? See if we can exchange our idea/infos/updates etc.

Hi Den it looks like we are on the same boat. I applied last week as well.

please kindly leave your telegram and I will be in contact =]

XFR8
30th Oct 2017, 02:09
Are you people all completely nuts. Are you watching the ****storm in the harbour?

DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE WITH CATHAY PACIFIC. THEY WILL SCREW YOU.

For the love of God, do some frigging research.

dennislam
30th Oct 2017, 04:46
Are you people all completely nuts. Are you watching the ****storm in the harbour?

DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE WITH CATHAY PACIFIC. THEY WILL SCREW YOU.

For the love of God, do some frigging research.
I know you pilots there are not happy with the company. But what else can people who love flying to choose? Maybe HKA, and the upcoming HKE. But safety compliance and some other issues might stop you from there.

Passion can make you passing through tr challenges. Just the same in other industries, companies. There are politics and “those stuff” in every company. And i dont see it is a waste of time of CPA

Gonuts
31st Oct 2017, 01:54
XFR8 - Don't waste your time, you're not gonna change a thing. It doesn't matter what the company says or does, they will still throw themselves out into the storm, because deep down in their souls, they knew that this is the most economical way to get what they want. Unless, they find a better deal, or they find another way to claim a dual citizenship, these people won't go away. Don't you get it?

Gonuts
31st Oct 2017, 03:25
Coming from a classical music background, with the privileges of being a Chinese American, I can honestly say to those folks in Hong Kong, you have my sympathy. When opportunities are limited, while competition persists, you don't get to choose who you would want to work for, except changing professions. That's the struggle. It's not only for pilots, it's basically for every profession in Hong Kong, especially if you are musicians, artists, athletes, singers, actors so on and so forth. That's Hong Kong.

dennislam
1st Nov 2017, 04:07

Hey there.

My telegram is @Noobching.

have you received anything from CX yet?

mmicc
1st Nov 2017, 06:13

Hey guys, similar application period for me as well, lets discuss and prepare toward it in near future as a group!

lena_06
2nd Nov 2017, 07:53
Hi guys, any of you have done or are going to go through interviews for the TT program? Looking for recent feedbacks!
Thanks

lcyan
7th Nov 2017, 06:02
Hello I am planning to apply CPP again next year.
Is there any study group so that we can prepare tgt?
If interested,please add me at [email protected]. Thx.

Sp0r3
10th Nov 2017, 03:26
Has anyone here received invitation for 1A test on Dec 5?
If there's anyone in similar situation, we can start a study group together.

fwilco
14th Nov 2017, 02:06

Hi buddy just wondering when did you submit your application?

Sp0r3
15th Nov 2017, 01:31
Hi buddy just wondering when did you submit your application?

I submitted mine in February and received my invitation last week.

hkwongac
15th Nov 2017, 07:39
Will anyone have stage 2 on 6 Dec? Please contact me at [email protected]

Chee
15th Nov 2017, 10:17
Hey guys!
I am raven. Happy to post here to find buddies who are having CPP stage 2 assessment on 6th Dec 2017.
If you got the invitation on the same day or around, please contact me so we can study and work hard together:)
Email: [email protected]

CHEERS😃

manho
17th Nov 2017, 09:00
I failed CPP interview at stage 2 last year and am about to apply again. I subscribed latest pilot and bought SkyTest to practise but I found that those math tests are not quite familiar to the real one.

Does anyone have any source regarding to this?

Flylok
17th Nov 2017, 11:53
Did anyone who applied CCP in Late Oct/early Nov receive 1A ?

parafield
20th Nov 2017, 10:37
I submitted mine in February and received my invitation last week.

oh it took that long..
may i know if this is your first attempt?
And are you a local in Hong Kong?

Cheers

parafield
20th Nov 2017, 10:38
I failed CPP interview at stage 2 last year and am about to apply again. I subscribed latest pilot and bought SkyTest to practise but I found that those math tests are not quite familiar to the real one.

Does anyone have any source regarding to this?

Buddy can you share a bit about the stage 2 you had experienced?

fwilco
22nd Nov 2017, 04:17
Did anyone who applied CCP in Late Oct/early Nov receive 1A ?

Hi mate, I applied early Nov. Still haven’t heard anything back.

tmbenyu
23rd Nov 2017, 06:44

mine is on 30th Nov, please leave your tg contact

Flylok
23rd Nov 2017, 12:10
Hi mate, I applied early Nov. Still haven’t heard anything back.

Thanks mate. I’m waiting for the news. Keep update

cirillo
26th Nov 2017, 12:10
Does anyone know whether they are still measuring candidates' limbs length in medical exam?

As far as I'm concerned, the standard nowadays is -> all candidates MUST be above 157.Xcm and candidates below 163cm are subject to functional reach test. I'm 160cm tall but I'm afraid that I don't have 100cm-long legs (which was required in the old days) :-(

they measure both your arms and legs length if you are below 163

hklui1
29th Nov 2017, 09:27

I will have my 1A on 20Dec and happy to study together

tmbenyu
2nd Dec 2017, 03:14
Hi all, approximately how long did it take for you all to receive the email after 1A (Passed/Failed)?

Is there anyone here who had 1A during the 27th Nov - 1st Dec period? Have you heard back? (Passed/Failed)?

T Cheng
6th Dec 2017, 12:42
Hi all,

Anyone is going to have CX CPP stage 2 on Jan 08, 2018. If yes you can contact me via [email protected]. I am finding other group mates

Cheers,
Kelvin

Flylok
7th Dec 2017, 08:09
I will have my 1A on 20Dec and happy to study together

Hi mate, when did you apply?

tmbenyu
7th Dec 2017, 17:08
Guys who passed 1A recently and are waiting for 1B, please contact me on telegram @benjaihk if you are interested to prepare together

sam1117
15th Dec 2017, 19:30
Hi mate, when did you apply?

same question, i apply cpp mid November but still no email receive

cx238
20th Dec 2017, 21:18
If I failed 2 times, do I still get a chance to be considered?

I failed stage 2 in 2015, failed stage 4 (computer based test) in 2016.

alemx205
21st Dec 2017, 06:09
I also applied in early Nov, but havent received anything. i heard that the HRs are having xmas holiday lolz

tmbenyu
27th Dec 2017, 04:27
Got my 1B set on 15th Jan. Anyone else?

Jayden
28th Dec 2017, 18:21
Hey, I'm invited for 1A soon. Could you please provide me some details about the 1a selection ? Maybe I would have the same date as you have for 1B.

Pls contact: [email protected]/+31646665763

Jayden

FL110
29th Dec 2017, 05:02
Hey, I'm invited for 1A soon. Could you please provide me some details about the 1a selection ? Maybe I would have the same date as you have for 1B.

Pls contact: [email protected]/+31646665763

Jayden

Hi, do you mind sharing when you made your application?

kclaw
2nd Jan 2018, 13:16
Hi everyone, first time being here.
Im flying to Adelaide FTA for trial flight in FEB, hopefully getting 4-6 hours of flight.

I am planning to apply cadet program after CNY. Anybody out there will be applying around the same time as me?

flying_l
3rd Jan 2018, 02:16
Hi everyone, I am new here!
Looking for partners or study group mates who are also interested in applying in jan~

tango_delta
3rd Jan 2018, 08:35
Hi everyone, first time being here.
Im flying to Adelaide FTA for trial flight in FEB, hopefully getting 4-6 hours of flight.

I am planning to apply cadet program after CNY. Anybody out there will be applying around the same time as me?

Same here, pls contact: [email protected]

socsbrian
4th Jan 2018, 05:04
Hi guys, I just received the initial ab invitation email. They want me to confirm my attendance in 1 day....I don't think I can make that decision in such short notice...
Do you guys think the recruitment team will be able to put me on to another interview date?

Gonuts
4th Jan 2018, 11:49
kclaw - I think you meant GFT because as far as I’m concerned there’s no TIF that could last 4 to 6 hours long. It’s either 45 minutes or 60 minutes, but, if you’re planning to do it 4 times then that would be different story. Either way. Have fun. Enjoy the ride in the scotching heat.

socsbrian - You posted it at the wrong place mate. This should be directed to the HR, not on a pilot forum. Give them a ring tomorrow if you can.

briaaaan
9th Jan 2018, 07:10
Hi!

Can anyone help me on this please. I've noticed they have changed the Educational Requirement recently, I am wondering, how does it affect to those candidates who have their applications deferred prior to the change? Will this new rule apply to them as well?

Cheers

what do you mean by that? nothing really change in education requirement from my understanding

Jetstream alpha
9th Jan 2018, 10:11
PolarFront - If you read the education requirements it says "Secondary school education with good passes in mathematics and science, OR a university degree (science subject preferred)

If you have a secondary school education with good passes in mathematics and science you will still meet the minimum requirements for applying.

Ocanuck
10th Jan 2018, 05:51
Good day everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a maximum amount of attempts allowed to try for this cadet program i.e. failing to make it all way 1, 2, 3 times?

Vans123
13th Jan 2018, 10:23
Hi everyone,
I have a question regardless to the stage 1A assessment. Is it possible for the assessment to be rescheduled to another date? I tried to contact the Cathay pacific flight crew recruitment group, but no reply. Pls help!

Nathan Tseung
16th Jan 2018, 06:16
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone is going to attend the group exercise and final interview on the 6th Feb 2018. Would like to form a group gor preparation.

Thanks a lot !

Nathan

Nathan Tseung
16th Jan 2018, 23:40
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone is going to attend the group exercise and final interview on the 6th Feb 2018. Would like to form a group gor preparation.

Thanks a lot !

Nathanl

please contact me via [email protected]

tmbenyu
18th Jan 2018, 02:22
l

please contact me via [email protected]

I am in as well. emailed you. lets do this!

iliveforsleep
21st Jan 2018, 07:27
Hey guys,

I currently have a Right to Land status on my HKID. Would that automatically disqualify from the selection process? As far as I am concerned, RTL is basically ROA minus the right to vote and possible deportation for serious crimes. I still have the right to work/live in HK without a visa.

Thanks!
777fordays
I had the same question, were you able to find out the answer to that question?

hahahowe
22nd Jan 2018, 15:04
Anyone having stage 2 on 7th Feb 2018? We have 3 now in a group

Please contact my HK number +852 6480 4040

dwilson852
23rd Jan 2018, 12:51
Got my 1B set on 15th Jan. Anyone else?

Hi mate! I was meant to have my 1B tomorrow but HR never got back to me with confirmation so its now on Feb 1st. The new email says something about a 'written and technical interview', was hoping you might have some insight into what a written interview is? haha. Thanks!!

tmbenyu
25th Jan 2018, 02:12
Can anyone tell me, how much Aviation Knowledge do they expect from you at 1B? Will they dig deep? I'm prepping for 1B atm, would be appreciated if you could give me a heads up. Thx

but does it matter? you either know it or you dont, you either do everything you can to prepare and learn as much as you can or you dont.

no one knows what the interviewer is feeling to ask on the day.

parafield
25th Jan 2018, 04:08
tmbenyu - I think you are mistaken. I'm not asking you, or any of you, to reveal the questions they've asked you at 1B. I'm just asking whether they will go all the way to CPL or ATPL level, because if they do, what would they be asking at stage 2? If they've already asked everything at 1B, then there is no point to throw you off the bus at stage 2. That's why I am hoping you, or any of you who have been to 1b, can give me some insights. Thanks for getting back anyhow. Cheers

well according to my frds, 1B does not ask technical knowledge. Its just a friends like conversation with the HRs.

runstreet
25th Jan 2018, 06:21
Hi everyone, I am new here!
Looking for partners or study group mates who are also interested in applying in jan~

HI, same here may i have your contact?

runstreet
25th Jan 2018, 06:32
Going to apply in coming weeks? Anyone interested in forming study group can contact me via whatsapp at +85263092898.

Thanks

dwilson852
25th Jan 2018, 15:01
well according to my frds, 1B does not ask technical knowledge. Its just a friends like conversation with the HRs.

There is definitely a 'technical component' to the 1B interview, received clarification today!

CaptainJim
25th Jan 2018, 19:18
I don’t work for Cathay but I’ve been in the Airlines for over 10 years and I’ve never seen such a :mad: deal and I worked for Ryanair. It seems they own you if you sign this cadet contract. I consider myself lucky to have started in Ryanair when I saw this.

Under no circumstances would I secure the training loan using parents as a guarantor etc. that way you can leave the company and the debt behind if you’re not happy.

If you’re from a poor family in a poor country then it’s a step up and that’s probably what Cathay have in mind.

Good luck to everyone but be careful what you wish for.:ok:

Charliecharlie123
30th Jan 2018, 09:28
Hi all,

Received an invitation for Initial-A assessment on the 14th of February! Looking forward to it. If anybody else is having their assessment on the same day or a date nearby, please feel free to get in touch with me at [email protected]

Good luck all,
Chris

mario112233
4th Feb 2018, 08:42
Anyone having their Final Interview on 20 March, let me know! Thanks!

CPAkhm
6th Feb 2018, 07:10
Hi everyone, newbie here!

I heard that they will be combining the recruitment of CX and KA starting from April. Is that true?
Well, because of that Im targeting to apply before that but for sure depending on how's my own progress by that time...

And anyone out there is interested in forming study group? Let's talk! +85290953849 ;)

JarrodJP
6th Feb 2018, 10:06
G'day all, :)

I have my Cadet Pilot Initial-A assessment on the 26th of February, followed by my Initial-B assessment the next day if I am successful. I cannot believe it is finally happening and that I have this amazing opportunity since I only just graduated year 12 last year. This has always been a dream so I am super excited but nervous. If anyone who has gone through the process has any tips, advice or could hint at what to expect it would be so greatly appreciated. I really want to prepare myself as much as possible and nail this. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or WhatsApp me at +61432613689

Thank you all very much in advance! :ok:

Kindest Regards,
Jarrod

jetjockey696
11th Feb 2018, 15:47
i guess 5 years RHS in cruise flight..only..is long time especially as a gloried office boy.. doing the paperwork, radio calls and the general housekeeping of the flightdeck. then to upgrade to Junior FO (I expect that when you can touch MCP.) need to take another series of interview..+ depends on your sim performance, how much the checkers like you or not.. i maybe wrong. just too long for a 1 year free training..btw nothing is for free.

nahtangnat
12th Feb 2018, 01:29
Hi guys,
Since the educational requirement has changed lately, I knew they have deleted "Diploma" in the requirement, but is a aviation related diploma considerable?
Could any one please tell me :(?

briaaaan
12th Feb 2018, 02:14
is there anyone doing their stage 2 at 21/march?

fwilco
12th Feb 2018, 03:05
is there anyone doing their stage 2 at 21/march?

Hi mate, gna have my stage 2 on 21st March as well!
Add me on telegram @S826ABF
Cheers

Wongwai09
13th Feb 2018, 06:28
G'day all, :)

I have my Cadet Pilot Initial-A assessment on the 26th of February, followed by my Initial-B assessment the next day if I am successful. I cannot believe it is finally happening and that I have this amazing opportunity since I only just graduated year 12 last year. This has always been a dream so I am super excited but nervous. If anyone who has gone through the process has any tips, advice or could hint at what to expect it would be so greatly appreciated. I really want to prepare myself as much as possible and nail this. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or WhatsApp me at +61432613689

Thank you all very much in advance! :ok:

Kindest Regards,
Jarrod

Mate, when did you apply? I put my application on 26 January, (Australia Day )
and has yet to receive any reply from them, did it take you long to get a reply from them? From Brisbane too

JarrodJP
14th Feb 2018, 02:09
Mate, when did you apply? I put my application on 26 January, (Australia Day )
and has yet to receive any reply from them, did it take you long to get a reply from them? From Brisbane too

Hey mate ~ I applied on the 25th/26th of January and received a reply on the 29th.

timchoi89
15th Feb 2018, 14:42
ooh more BNE people. JarrodJP and Wongwai09 we should start a group! My WhatsApp is +61422880455

Wongwai09
20th Feb 2018, 05:44
Hey mate ~ I applied on the 25th/26th of January and received a reply on the 29th.

Got my reply last week just before New year, I am going back on 26 MArch . Good Luck with your 1 A, do Let me know how you go!!!!!

Wongwai09
20th Feb 2018, 05:47
ooh more BNE people. JarrodJP and Wongwai09 we should start a group! My WhatsApp is +61422880455

The problem is I don't use Whatsapp haha. Nice to see more BNE people. MAy the force be with all of us for the upcoming 1A and 1B

Divergent, I think I spoken with you last year in email about your cut-e test and you gave me your latest pilot access as you didn't get through, was it you or someone else? When is your 1A happen?

manho
20th Feb 2018, 07:42
I bought Skytest (Pan-Asian) iPad version. For math test, there are four areas which are math word problems, mental arithmetic, number series and numerical estimation. Is the math test for CX stage 1A from math word problems area?

JarrodJP
20th Feb 2018, 11:53
Got my reply last week just before New year, I am going back on 26 MArch . Good Luck with your 1 A, do Let me know how you go!!!!!

Thanks man and good luck to you too! Will do.

Derozan
20th Feb 2018, 13:27
Hey guys I've been thinking about replying to the Cathay Cadet Pilot Programme. I live in Toronto, so I'd probably have to fly back and forth quite a bit I'm assuming. I have a job so that complicates things a little, assuming I get to the first round, would I legitimately have to do like 5 round trips YYZ-HKG for the whole interview process?And if successful how long does the whole hiring process usually take?

Thank you guys!!!!

Derozan
21st Feb 2018, 13:30
Derozan - Just curious, why would you want to come back and work for CX? A buddy of mine went to UWO for college, got his BA in Aviation, paid his training with his own money. He refused to join CX because he doesn't to be a slave to them, now he is flying with Air Georgian as a Senior First Officer and he is a free man. He is only 28 by the way. I know you and I can have a debate on this, but if I were you, if I had a dual citizenship, I would have worked my ass off to stay away from this program, not to mention the useless P2X rating and 5 years prolonged upgrade time. Just a thought. But to your question, the answer is YES. You will have to do at least three round trips and you will have to pay for them. Good Luck

To be utterly honest with you, I was going to apply just because the starting salary in the position is pretty good, 40K is livable in Hong Kong. I'm actually currently working at AC as an operations manager, equivalent to working at the CX IOC, I do really want to try out life in Hong Kong and I thought why not. If I get a management position in Hong Kong over 40K/month I would probably not consider the cadet position, however with that being said I'm only 25 with only 3 years in the industry, so it's pretty tough. Still thinking of whether or not to apply though.....

grace1210
22nd Feb 2018, 01:55
Hi Team,
Going in for my initial test next month - have purchased practise tests from latestpilotjobs.com and have been studying off that for a while, but wondering if there are any better / different websites to use? Want to cover all grounds!

timchoi89
22nd Feb 2018, 09:16
The problem is I don't use Whatsapp haha. Nice to see more BNE people. MAy the force be with all of us for the upcoming 1A and 1B

Divergent, I think I spoken with you last year in email about your cut-e test and you gave me your latest pilot access as you didn't get through, was it you or someone else? When is your 1A happen?
lol that's too bad about your WhatsApp issue! It looks like I'm going to Stage 2 since CX emailed me today asking me about medical stuff. So yay! When is your 1a and b?

grace1210
25th Feb 2018, 05:10
Hi Guys,

Another question sorry. Above it mentions that you are allowed to use a calculator in the Cathay Dragon initial A Numeracy test? Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Seems strange that they would allow calculators in Cathay Dragon but not Cathay Pacific?

Thanks

timye
26th Feb 2018, 01:42
Hi Guys,

Another question sorry. Above it mentions that you are allowed to use a calculator in the Cathay Dragon initial A Numeracy test? Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Seems strange that they would allow calculators in Cathay Dragon but not Cathay Pacific?

Thanks

Idk about KA, but CX allows you to use calculator today. (calculator provided by cx and it isn't with much function)

Wongwai09
27th Feb 2018, 08:32
lol that's too bad about your WhatsApp issue! It looks like I'm going to Stage 2 since CX emailed me today asking me about medical stuff. So yay! When is your 1a and b?

Going back on 26 March for 1A and that's pretty much where I am looking at from now!!!!! Good Luck with your stage 2, do let me know when will happen!!!!!!

VVR
27th Feb 2018, 21:06
Hi all, I am new here.
I am going to take the 1a on 12th for both CX and KA.
If there’s any WhatsApp study group please add me in!
My email is Benedict(at)sealandcount(dot).org

timye
28th Feb 2018, 05:07
Going for 1A on 21MAR, anyone on the same day?

Auxiliary777
1st Mar 2018, 05:56
How long did you guys take to get an invitation from Cathay Dragon after you have submitted your application form?
it's been a week for me so far.

VVR
1st Mar 2018, 14:04
How long did you guys take to get an invitation from Cathay Dragon after you have submitted your application form?
it's been a week for me so far.

4 days for me

Joeeeee
1st Mar 2018, 18:44
Hi everyone, my 1A will be on 14Mar, if any study/ discussion group in Telegram, please add me in and work hard. My Telegram: @joefly. Thanks in advance!

Auxiliary777
1st Mar 2018, 18:51
four days? That's quick. Would you mind if you tell me when did you submit the application?

VVR
3rd Mar 2018, 21:49
four days? That's quick. Would you mind if you tell me when did you submit the application?

Sorry I confused with Dragon.
Cathay was 13 days, it was in early February if I remember correctly.

Nathan Tseung
4th Mar 2018, 11:27
Looking for a team mate for stage 2 on the 19th March.

Please contact [email protected]

Thanks !

timchoi89
5th Mar 2018, 00:39
Has any non-local gotten an invite for Stage 2? If so, did CX condense the schedule for Stage 2, english test, and medical? Or is it spread over 2-3 weeks as well?

Wongwai09
5th Mar 2018, 22:16
Has any non-local gotten an invite for Stage 2? If so, did CX condense the schedule for Stage 2, english test, and medical? Or is it spread over 2-3 weeks as well?

I hope they will condense it for the overseas applicants given all the travel and cost that involved

timchoi89
6th Mar 2018, 04:19
I hope they will condense it for the overseas applicants given all the travel and cost that involved
I hope so too!

fraserkwok
7th Mar 2018, 09:59
Hi All! just wondering does anyone know what kind of score that you could achieve on the cut-e practice to get you through 1A?

furqanstriker
8th Mar 2018, 01:43
Hi all, I am new here.
I am going to take the 1a on 12th for both CX and KA.
If there’s any WhatsApp study group please add me in!
My email is Benedict(at)sealandcount(dot).org
I heard that CX and KA has merged into 1 and you can only apply for 1 of them. How true is this ?

fraserkwok
8th Mar 2018, 02:16
I heard that as well. seems it is gonna be starting next month

timchoi89
9th Mar 2018, 23:20
Hi All! just wondering does anyone know what kind of score that you could achieve on the cut-e practice to get you through 1A?

Just make sure you can do medium or hard and be at least average on the global scores and you'll be fine. The CX cut-e is easier for the most part as well.

fraserkwok
10th Mar 2018, 03:06
Just make sure you can do medium or hard and be at least average on the global scores and you'll be fine. The CX cut-e is easier for the most part as well.

Thank you for your answer. Do you know is there anywhere that I could find the benchmark of the global scores tho? Thank you very much!

VVR
10th Mar 2018, 05:01
Just made a WhatsApp discussion group for CXCPP,
chat.whatsapp.com/557qOoUCA4Y6zvmUS9kw5s
Feel free to join us!

Wongwai09
11th Mar 2018, 06:11

Hey mate, heard anything about your stage 2? Also wondering the difficulties of the maths is it more between easy or hard level like those on the latest pilot. com or even more difficult? I am pretty good at aviation maths but not the conversion stuff.

Gonuts
12th Mar 2018, 12:50
This is for the one who is SEEKING the TRUTH. Oh, don't bother if you want to be fooled.

https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/606010-time-upgrade-fo-cn-cathay.html

timchoi89
13th Mar 2018, 03:33
Thank you for your answer. Do you know is there anywhere that I could find the benchmark of the global scores tho? Thank you very much!
You should see it on the page before you start the exercises.

timchoi89
13th Mar 2018, 03:34
Hey mate, heard anything about your stage 2? Also wondering the difficulties of the maths is it more between easy or hard level like those on the latest pilot. com or even more difficult? I am pretty good at aviation maths but not the conversion stuff.
Not yet hopefully soon (no news is good news haha). The math online is MUCH harder than the CX one haha. Just know some basic formulas like areas and volumes and you're good to go.

mario112233
13th Mar 2018, 10:05
Anyone else having their stage 2 on 20 March? We have 3 right now and are still looking for the other 3!

Kardz
13th Mar 2018, 12:01
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone is going to attend stage 2 (the group exercise and final interview) on the 17 Apr 2018. :)

Thanks a lot !

JarrodJP
14th Mar 2018, 02:50
G'day all again, :)

I have my Cadet Pilot Final Interview assessments (stage 2) on the 16th of April which I am really looking forward to. However, I am just concerned about the "Panel Interview with interviewers from both General and Technical aspect". What types of technical questions could I expect to be asked? What knowledge will they require me to know? How in-depth will they go? What are the differences between this interview and the Initial-1B interview? As before, any tips, advice, help, or recommendations are so greatly appreciated. I really want to prepare myself as much as possible and nail this as I did last time.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or WhatsApp me at +61432613689

Thank you all again very much in advance and good luck to everyone else too, I wish you all the best! :ok:

Kindest Regards,
Jarrod

fraserkwok
14th Mar 2018, 03:54
thank you for your answer.

bruno350
14th Mar 2018, 07:53
Hi Everyone,

We are looking anyone else doing their stage 2 on 16/4/2018.

Could you please add me on Telegram @bruno350. We have 5 ppl in the group so far.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Cheers

KRN
19th Mar 2018, 07:54
Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if anyone is going to attend stage 2 (the group exercise and final interview) on the 17 Apr 2018. :)

Thanks a lot !
Please check DM

frankie.wl
19th Mar 2018, 15:06
planning to apply in Aug this year, anyone interested in forming a study group? I'm a HK local fyi.

alexgomes93
20th Mar 2018, 06:34
Returning to HK this May and gonna apply this August. Lets study together. Whatsapp number +918076529771, Email - [email protected], Telegram - @iamalexgomes. :)

PPRuNe Towers
20th Mar 2018, 17:45

Rob

pilot1009
21st Mar 2018, 02:07
Hi may I know if anyone is having your 1A assessment on 27 Mar 2018 Morning? Please contact me at [email protected]

Wongwai09
21st Mar 2018, 04:50

Rob

Thanks for that, does make me think twice again ........................

pilot1009
21st Mar 2018, 13:25
Hi Is anyone having stage 1A on 27 Mar morning? Could we contact via email at [email protected]?

Gladiators
25th Mar 2018, 15:39
Quick question. What are the chances to pass the Cute if you have to complete the reaction test two times because you made more than two mistakes at the first time? Which score will they take? The first or second score? Anyone knows?

chan1008
27th Mar 2018, 03:30
Quick question. What are the chances to pass the Cute if you have to complete the reaction test two times because you made more than two mistakes at the first time? Which score will they take? The first or second score? Anyone knows?

My understanding is when you made mistake more than twice all the result in first attempted will be invalid and will count the result for second attempt

However it will be recorded for multi attempt, its up to the recruitment to decide the final result

Gladiators
27th Mar 2018, 08:34
My understanding is when you made mistake more than twice all the result in first attempted will be invalid and will count the result for second attempt

However it will be recorded for multi attempt, its up to the recruitment to decide the final result

I hope they will disregard my invalid attempt. but like you said, it's up to the recruitment team to decide. chan1008, thx!

ank3te11
2nd Apr 2018, 05:53
Hi guys,

I applied for the Cadet Program on the 21st of March and haven't heard back from Cathay, I was wondering if this is normal or it's a sign to move onto the next step. Has anyone on this platform or knows someone that has waited longer than I have? I am really worried right now.

Thanks,

blee7337
5th Apr 2018, 01:43
Hello guys,

Quick question, when is the deadline for Cadet Pilot Program application 2018 ?
(I read some people are applying in August?)

Also, when does the program start once you have been accepted?

Thanks !

ryanabc123
6th Apr 2018, 10:56
Hi guys,
is the cadet pilot program ended already this year? thanks

chan1008
9th Apr 2018, 02:57
Hi guys,
is the cadet pilot program ended already this year? thanks

Cathay Dragon only, please refer to the official website

EmCSquared
9th Apr 2018, 04:39
Hi guys,

I applied for the Cadet Program on the 21st of March and haven't heard back from Cathay, I was wondering if this is normal or it's a sign to move onto the next step. Has anyone on this platform or knows someone that has waited longer than I have? I am really worried right now.

Thanks,

I believe it varies between people. I’ve seen some that get their email 4 days later and some 8 months later. I applied in Nov and got mine last Friday.

JacobCjr
9th Apr 2018, 14:29
Hi, this is Jacob.

I’m going to have my stage 2 on 18th April. I have found one already. So if you are the one or you know anyone going to have it on 18th April.

Please wtapps me on +85265498628 or [email protected]

viclaw030591
9th Apr 2018, 17:12
Hi All, this is Vic.

Nice to meet you all. I am a HK Uni student and my plan is to apply CPP in the coming May-June.

I heard that there is an update for stage 1a which will include cut-e aptitude test, Technical MC question (which is used to be 1b) as well as personality test (which is used to be stage 2). Any recent interviewee can verify this updated interview process ? Is it applicable to local or international applicants or even both ? Also how long does it take to hear from the recruitment team regarding the 1a results ? One day or up to 2 weeks ?

Your helps are much appreciated! Thanks !

viclaw030591
10th Apr 2018, 04:22
Hi Divergent,

Thank you for your reply!

Just to Summarize and confirm all the stages in the recent CX Cadet recruitment stages:

Stage 1a will include Cut-E aptitude test (similar to latestpilotjob format), Work related behaviour assessment (I believe the key is being honest? are there any practice? ), Technical MC Questions (Study FAA and BAK)

Stage 1b will be Interview with HR. Are there any assessment in this stage ?

Stage 2 will be abstract reasoning (IQ) Test - (Raven Test), personality / psychometric test and group exercise

Please correct me if I am wrong and Much Appreciated!

Regards,
Vic

chan1008
11th Apr 2018, 01:41
Hi Divergent,

Thank you for your reply!

Just to Summarize and confirm all the stages in the recent CX Cadet recruitment stages:

Stage 1a will include Cut-E aptitude test (similar to latestpilotjob format), Work related behaviour assessment (I believe the key is being honest? are there any practice? ), Technical MC Questions (Study FAA and BAK)

Stage 1b will be Interview with HR. Are there any assessment in this stage ?

Stage 2 will be abstract reasoning (IQ) Test - (Raven Test), personality / psychometric test and group exercise

Please correct me if I am wrong and Much Appreciated!

Regards,
Vic

Stage 1B only interview

Stage 2
Tech in and HR
Flight Planning Ex
Group Ex
(No reasoning , personality test)

viclaw030591
11th Apr 2018, 05:07
Stage 1B only interview

Stage 2
Tech in and HR
Flight Planning Ex
Group Ex
(No reasoning , personality test)

Hi Chan1008,

Thank you for the info! Crystal Clear

Cheers =)

swhy
12th Apr 2018, 03:13
Does anyone know if Cathay Dragon and Cathay Pacific run the same test? If so is it all the way through? Partially similar?

Love to hear from someone that has recently done it. Looking at Latestpilotjobs, they don't really have anything for Dragon so I am wondering if it runs very similar?

Liverpoool
13th Apr 2018, 07:38
Yes. They both run on the same aptitude test, both are 100% identical.

What you see on Latestpilotjobs is pretty much what you will see on the real test, except, there is no work related behavior assessment on LPJ. I used LPJ to prep for 1a and I passed it with flying colors. You can go ahead and give it a go.

Cheers

Hi there, may I know how did you get through the monitoring test? I found it quite hard to count as it moves instantly, any tricks?
Many Thanks

Liverpoool
14th Apr 2018, 03:30
Well that's the whole purpose of the test - to see how well you can track an object. I don't use any tricks to be honest, and I don't find them too hard to be tracked, it just seems very natural to me. The only tips I can give you though is to practice, practice more on the easy level, because on the easy level there are less objects to count, and you get more time to count them. Once you feel good about it then you can more onto the next level. That's what I would do. Sorry if I couldn't be more of a help.
Thanks for the advice, is the speed of the real test similar to HARD level? cuz if it is 11+ balls, they just keep on moving.

Liverpoool
15th Apr 2018, 03:16
Not really. It is more like a Medium level I would say, plus you will get more time to finalize your answer.
Thanks for the reply, so you are waiting for the next stage now?

FRDY
16th Apr 2018, 02:52
Hi everyone!

Would like to know if anyone is going to hv stage 2 on the 7 May 2018?

Thank you so much! :)

timye
16th Apr 2018, 08:51
Looking for anyone who will have 1b on 23APR

chan1008
17th Apr 2018, 01:26
Looking for anyone who will have 1b on 23APR

Me and my group mate will having 1B on the same week as yours, lets have a study group on Saturday before our interview
Kindly reply with your number/PM, I will text you the details of meeting
Thx

otlop
20th Apr 2018, 21:09
Hi guys!
Can anyone share if tech multiple-choice quiz is based on EASA ATP only?

Tks

baozzz
22nd Apr 2018, 02:18
anyone having stage 2 on 8th may? Please pm me

chwong1102
23rd Apr 2018, 08:14
Hi, anyone having stage 1B on 21 May?

EmCSquared
25th Apr 2018, 10:48
Anyone having 1A on 4th May? Slightly panicking and am looking for a study buddy.

mos48
26th Apr 2018, 08:35
Hi, anyone having stage 1B on 21 May?

hello may I ask when did you take the 1A test and when did you receive their invitation for the 1B? Thank you very much since It’s been almost a month since I took the test and I’m quite anxious haha.. thank you.

yayaching
26th Apr 2018, 10:26
Hi Guys,

We are going to form a study group in Kwun Tong every night from 6 pm to 10 pm. We will have a first meeting on this coming Saturday. Please feel free to join. For more information, please Whatspp me: 6443 1754 :D

Cheers.

chwong1102
27th Apr 2018, 12:02
hello may I ask when did you take the 1A test and when did you receive their invitation for the 1B? Thank you very much since It’s been almost a month since I took the test and I’m quite anxious haha.. thank you.

It took about 3 weeks ~ 4 weeks for me to get the invitation!

CPAHDA
29th Apr 2018, 19:43
Hi, anyone having 1A on 7 May?

mos48
30th Apr 2018, 10:04
It took about 3 weeks ~ 4 weeks for me to get the invitation!

Thank you!! Best luck to all of us :-0

thetropicalyeti
3rd May 2018, 09:56
Hi, does everyone go to the 1a in a full suit?

mos48
7th May 2018, 14:58
Thank god i’ve got invited to 1B on May 23rd is anyone going there on the same day :O?

mos48
7th May 2018, 16:41
Hi, does everyone go to the 1a in a full suit?

I went there and did 2 sets of test with a computer and that was it for the day. However everyone did wear neatly. Not sure if it mattered.

jayberg
8th May 2018, 14:21
Hello!

Looking for anyone doing assessment 1A on the 26th of May. Do hit me up! Completely new to this forum.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the assessment 1a invite was from Cathay Dragon.

CPAkhm
10th May 2018, 15:36
Just wanna ask how long did it take you guys to get 1A invitation?

I submitted mine on 25th April and no news so far. Yet a friend of mine submitted on 1st May and has gotten 1A invitation already... any thoughts?

back to the time when I submitted, there’s no “Cadet Pilot” column on their career website but only “Second Officer”, and that’s where I put my application through.
(but seems they guide you to the same application page)

Tell me I’m over-worried :/

FPmr1
14th May 2018, 02:34
Hello forum I am a HK resident and am planning to do the CX cadet program going in with NO flying experience. I was hoping I could pick your brains and help others in my position in the process.

What kind of questions can I expect to be asked in the interview?

For some maths is not our best subject, any recommendations on what's math subjects will be covered in the interview process and maths test? I hear tale of a COMPASS test??

Any apps or downloadable content we can use to practice the apptitude tests?

Should I expect trick questions? What was your experience?

To what extent should my knowledge on aircraft mechanics and aerodynamics be prior?

Am I overthinking this (retorhical question)

I am aware of the obvious such as showing passion for flying and company knowledge and how the interview process changes. But if there's other things I may have missed please let this forum know it would be extremely helpful.

To others in my position if you want to study together please message me or leave an email, I'm hoping to put my application in June/July 2018.

Thank you forum

catharinasabelis
14th May 2018, 11:14
Hello! Anybody here who received an invitation for the final interview at Cathay Pacific 30-31 of July?

harrison747
14th May 2018, 13:24
Hi Guys,

I am living in Hong Kong who wanna be a pilot.
Is there any study group that i can join and study together?

THX Guys!!

SSFTH
15th May 2018, 08:00
Just wanna ask how long did it take you guys to get 1A invitation?

I submitted mine on 25th April and no news so far. Yet a friend of mine submitted on 1st May and has gotten 1A invitation already... any thoughts?

back to the time when I submitted, there’s no “Cadet Pilot” column on their career website but only “Second Officer”, and that’s where I put my application through.
(but seems they guide you to the same application page)

Tell me I’m over-worried :/

I submitted my application on 24th April and no news neither. For my case I updated some details so I don't know if CX paid attention to new applications first.
Have been waiting anxiously :sad:

FPmr1
15th May 2018, 10:01
@divergent

Thank you very helpful. Please, as to what questions should I be asking? An explanation would be greatful.

swhy
18th May 2018, 08:56
Anyone else able to confirm whether or not they took away the 1B technical interview part? Spoke with someone that attended 1B yesterday (17.5) and the person was interviewed by 2 HR person with 0 Technical questions being asked. Even the person was quite surprised as they said the email would contain technical interview.

swhy
21st May 2018, 01:29
Don't trust the email. It's not always true. Just like what other guys said here, "they tell you one thing but do another." Oh by the way, they will only assess your Aviation Knowledge (Oral) at stage 2.

Got you thank you, I think i got 1B and stage 2 interview mixed. Have you by chance done it all before? Currently waiting for 1A results, both of the candidates in my group has received noticed but I haven't heard anything yet. Starting to wonder if I mistyped my email haha.

A random Aviator
22nd May 2018, 15:32
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any idea that KA is still running MPL?

harry1990hk
24th May 2018, 12:48
I have received 1B invitation at 31 May 2018.
Anyone having 1B in same date ? or having it in June? Maybe we could have a mock interview together. I have already gathered one mate.
Please contact me if you are interest.

papasierrahotel
27th May 2018, 13:30
Hi Everyone,

Looking for stage mates for CX Stage 2 on 21st June 2018. Telegram me @pshkong. Looking forward to meet you all. Cheers.

PS

blueblueblue
28th May 2018, 05:14
Hi everyone. Just wonder will anyone be having stage 2 on 22 June? Let’s study together! Cheers ;)

blueblueblue
28th May 2018, 07:02
Hi everyone. Just wonder is anyone having stage 2 on 22 June? Let’s study together. Cheers!

thomasip1993
30th May 2018, 06:05
I have received stage 1B HR interview invitation and scheduled on 6 June 2018.
Anyone having 1B on the same day or within this week?
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested, we may share useful information together.
My email address is: [email protected]

marcolo2012
30th May 2018, 07:04
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone here is doing Stage 2 on 11 July? I'd love to meet you guys! Telegram me @iammarco
Good luck!

paul09270071
30th May 2018, 08:49
Hi Everyone, wondering anyone doing stage 2 on 10 July, let's meet and study together! Thanks!

CLPV2Sover2
1st Jun 2018, 16:06
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone here is doing Stage 2 on 11 July? I'd love to meet you guys! Telegram me @iammarco
Good luck!
Hi Marco, it’s Kev! I’ve also got Stage 2 on 11/7, my email [email protected]

austinc
2nd Jun 2018, 00:20
I want to know should I use to study techquical questions beside bak and phak

phj
2nd Jun 2018, 03:20
Hello buddies, usually how long it takes for them to release your 1A results ? and how long in between 1A and 1B ? Great thanks !

hhpilot
2nd Jun 2018, 10:24
Hi Everyone, wondering anyone doing stage 2 on 10 July, let's meet and study together! Thanks!

Hi Paul, I will have the stage 2 on 10 July as well. I cannot pm you in pprune, do you have an email or whatsapp number for me to contact you? Thanks

paul09270071
3rd Jun 2018, 03:11
Hi Paul, I will have the stage 2 on 10 July as well. I cannot pm you in pprune, do you have an email or whatsapp number for me to contact you? Thanks

Hey hhpilot, my email is [email protected]. Thanks!

jasewflee
3rd Jun 2018, 08:32
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there was any discussion groups?

My telegram is:jayflyg6

Regards, Jase

austinc
4th Jun 2018, 00:49
I highly recommend you to read "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview by Gary Bristow". Many successful candidates used this book to prep for stage 2 and they passed it, myself included. That tells you how important this book is.

By the way, does anyone know what the computerized based assessments at stage 4 look like? Is it another Cut-e assessment but in more advanced level? Seems there's not too much information about this assessment here.

I am wondering what will be include in stage 3

swhy
4th Jun 2018, 01:13
Hello buddies, usually how long it takes for them to release your 1A results ? and how long in between 1A and 1B ? Great thanks !

Depends if you pass or not, for 1A if you fail it, they usually email you back within 24 hours (in most cases). If you pass it expect anywhere within a week I'd say. Between 1A and 1B they gave me roughly 2 weeks.

swhy
4th Jun 2018, 01:19
I highly recommend you to read "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview by Gary Bristow". Many successful candidates used this book to prep for stage 2 and they passed it, myself included. That tells you how important this book is.

By the way, does anyone know what the computerized based assessments at stage 4 look like? Is it another Cut-e assessment but in more advanced level? Seems there's not too much information about this assessment here.

Could this be psychometric tests and/or ICAO? Never heard that there is a extra stage after Group exercise/flight planning/HR+tech interview. :O

Hmm did they change the system again? :O Very interested to know.

Gulnaaazar
4th Jun 2018, 05:35
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here is doing stage 2 on 12 July? If so let's meet up and I am happy to run some exercise together as a group. Please let me know if we are on the same group, could contact me by [email protected], good luck!

Jeffrey

Gulnaaazar
4th Jun 2018, 15:06
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is anyone here is going to have their stage 2 on 12 July? I got mine on that day and I am happy to meet up and run some exercise together as a group! Please contact me by [email protected] if we were on the same day for stage 2. Good luck!

Jeffrey

hhpilot
5th Jun 2018, 09:25

They used to do flight grading in stage 4 in the last. Can be psychometric tests or advanced computerized based assessment?
hopefully they will provide more information in email.
Very interest to know as I haven't heard that there is a extra stage after ICAO and medical checks. Seems not much related information about it.

phj
9th Jun 2018, 05:41
Depends if you pass or not, for 1A if you fail it, they usually email you back within 24 hours (in most cases). If you pass it expect anywhere within a week I'd say. Between 1A and 1B they gave me roughly 2 weeks.

Thanks mate ! I will have my 1A soon and it's my first time ! Excited yet nervous !

swhy
11th Jun 2018, 03:44
Thanks mate ! I will have my 1A soon and it's my first time ! Excited yet nervous !

No problem, yeah I think if you have done all your homework you should be fine.

Hopefully you are walking in with some practice with either Skytest and/or Latestpilotjobs on the cut-e.

I'd say you need a least a very basic/preferably good understanding of the 5 chapters they tell you to read. For here they expect you to at least get 70% of the questions right out of 50 which means you need to pass at least 35 of them. Expect 2-3 questions that are not related to the book (i.e. what are the runways in HK airport). Just general pretty straight forward questions.

Good luck and do your best :)

swhy
11th Jun 2018, 12:09
Looking for my stage 2 group mates on July 13th.

Please get in touch [email protected]

bmtsurin
12th Jun 2018, 11:05
Hello, this is years late to your thread post. But did you ever end up doing the UNSW aviation interviews?

phj
12th Jun 2018, 12:12
swhy;

Thanks Stephen! Yea I have made my study plan and got those practical test from LPJ, keep training everyday! Best of luck to your stage 2 too!

bravopapa10
14th Jun 2018, 04:29
Hello everyone, happy to be a part of the forum here :)

A little introduction, I am a 17 y/o Hong Kong-born kid living in Vancouver, Canada at the moment, as soon as I turn 18 in October I will be dropping my application off to CX. I am heavily involved with the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, earning my Glider Pilot License and will soon be working toward my Private Pilot Licence through the program here. Other than looking through all the other posts in the forum (I assure you, I've been constantly reading all the threads here), does anyone have any tips for a first time applicant?

Any responses are greatly appreciated :)

Gladiators
14th Jun 2018, 10:03
Anyone knows if Kelly Crawford is still with the company? I tried to send her an email but it didnt go through. It says her email address does not exist. Phoned to her extension but her voicemail packed up. Looks like she’s gone. If she’s gone now, who is in charge then?

swhy
15th Jun 2018, 03:03
Hello everyone, happy to be a part of the forum here :)

A little introduction, I am a 17 y/o Hong Kong-born kid living in Vancouver, Canada at the moment, as soon as I turn 18 in October I will be dropping my application off to CX. I am heavily involved with the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, earning my Glider Pilot License and will soon be working toward my Private Pilot Licence through the program here. Other than looking through all the other posts in the forum (I assure you, I've been constantly reading all the threads here), does anyone have any tips for a first time applicant?

Any responses are greatly appreciated :)

Hey bud,

I suppose simple things to work on as you're prepping for Cx specifically would be to practice the Cut-e as well as read up on the basic aviation knowledge. As you progress through that and feel like you have a grasp, you can move on to more specific stuff. Knowledge on company will certainly come up through the process so keeping up to date with whats going on will be great too.

swhy
15th Jun 2018, 03:04
Anyone knows if Kelly Crawford is still with the company? I tried to send her an email but it didnt go through. It says her email address does not exist. Phoned to her extension but her voicemail packed up. Looks like she’s gone. If she’s gone now, who is in charge then?
Heard she resigned last month, not sure who has taken over for her though.

hk20013350
16th Jun 2018, 04:37
Is updating anything of the application regarded as re-submitting the application,
so that it will take longer time for the 1A invitation? :bored:

ambrose_flyer
16th Jun 2018, 14:32
Hello fellows, I'm from Sydney and preparing for the ab-initial cadet. did anyone use this for 1A tech quiz preparation? does it really include all questions that will be asked in CX 1A quiz? any free resources instead?
www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=fat5b06c293a5a73

Far Canel
17th Jun 2018, 06:35
Anyone else going to the direct entry Second Officer selection in Hong Kong in early August?

hk20013350
17th Jun 2018, 14:24
Updating an application, resubmitting an application, they all mean the same thing at CX. And just because you resubmit an application doesn't mean it will prolong the processing time. It totally depends on what you put in on your application really.
Appreciate it. Much thanks :)

A random Aviator
20th Jun 2018, 09:26
For those who had completed KA stage 1A on 26/05, does anyone have any feedback from KA at all? its been almost 4 weeks now.

Ftgup
20th Jun 2018, 13:28
Hi everyone. Just wonder is anyone having stage 2 on 22 June? Let’s study together. Cheers!

hey did you do you 1A/B on May 22-23?

swhy
20th Jun 2018, 15:11
For those who had completed KA stage 1A on 26/05, does anyone have any feedback from KA at all? its been almost 4 weeks now.

Oddly enough, I applied to both Cx and Ka at the same time. When I got my invitation to stage 1A i was told that 1A results would be shared amongst Cx and Ka. Currently I am in Stage 2 of Cx and still have not heard from Ka.

I did ask during my 1B - and was told that Ka and Cx holds separate programs, and that today was a Cx 1B only. My 1A was May 17th.

Not too helpful, but I haven't heard anything from Ka either but I passed Cx 1A

A random Aviator
21st Jun 2018, 08:42
Oddly enough, I applied to both Cx and Ka at the same time. When I got my invitation to stage 1A i was told that 1A results would be shared amongst Cx and Ka. Currently I am in Stage 2 of Cx and still have not heard from Ka.

I did ask during my 1B - and was told that Ka and Cx holds separate programs, and that today was a Cx 1B only. My 1A was May 17th.

Thank you for your feedback swhy, I guess I will wait a little longer then. All the best to your CX stage 2!

A random Aviator
21st Jun 2018, 08:52
You do realize this is a thread for CX Cadetship right?

As always, CX Dragon won't give you any feedback if you didn't make it, so you have to figure it out by yourself. One way to do it is to log on your account and see what message you are getting. If it says "Your application is still being processed" that means you are still in the game, if not, it says something like "We cannot process your application within 12 months..."
Thank you for your feedback divergent. Yes, I am aware here is mainly a thread for CX cadetship but i also noticed some of the previous questions here are related to KA too and thus the response rate of this thread is way higher than others, thats why i decided to post my question here and see if I can get some response from others who are applying for CX and KA at the same time.

A random Aviator
21st Jun 2018, 08:53

Thank you for your reply swhy. Well I guess I will wait a little longer then. All the best to your stage 2 at CX!

swhy
21st Jun 2018, 08:57
Thank you for your reply swhy. Well I guess I will wait a little longer then. All the best to your stage 2 at CX!
I did log into my KA app and it says still processing haha, but on the KA thread I did see people get invited to proceed so not sure what to make out of it haha.

nondirectbacon
26th Jun 2018, 03:09
You don't need those stupid tests they are just trying to steal your money. Besides, you can't predict the test questions because they are generated by the system randomly. Look. the tech quiz is fairly easy. If you study hard on the PHAK, read a little bit about the company info, then you should be fine. I would have worried about the Cut-e if I were you.

May I know which test will be in the Cut-E?
I only know rocket test and monitoring test will be in it. What else I missed?
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/cut-e-test.html
Is this a good one to get for Cut-E Preparation?
Cheers!

zxcfg21
26th Jun 2018, 04:38
Just scroll up for the type of tests they ask. This thread has 372 pages, if you can't conduct your own research how are you going to manage problems that arise in the cockpit?

Also Latestpilot is an unpolished mess. Don't waste your money on it.

nondirectbacon
28th Jun 2018, 00:49
I was told today the new recruitment manager is going to be someone from the Emirates Group. What a surprise. Does it mean we are going to see some positive changes in the coming months?

Yea...Kelly is leaving. But even I work inside, we still don't know who is replacing her. I know we are hiring an AM though.

hk20013350
28th Jun 2018, 11:27
I've heard of the range of coverage of the initial A technical question was reduced. For chapter 7 of the PHAK candidates are now required to study 7-1 to 7-19 only, instead of the whole chapter.
Anyone can confirm this?

Victor100
29th Jun 2018, 02:16
No problem, yeah I think if you have done all your homework you should be fine.

Hopefully you are walking in with some practice with either Skytest and/or Latestpilotjobs on the cut-e.

I'd say you need a least a very basic/preferably good understanding of the 5 chapters they tell you to read. For here they expect you to at least get 70% of the questions right out of 50 which means you need to pass at least 35 of them. Expect 2-3 questions that are not related to the book (i.e. what are the runways in HK airport). Just general pretty straight forward questions.

Good luck and do your best :)

Hi swhy,
I will have my stage 1A on 23 July of this year. it seems that verbal reasoning and "disovering rules and interrelation" is not included in the latestpilotjobs and skytest software.
DO you know any good website that I can go for practice?
thanks so much for your help!

Flylok
29th Jun 2018, 10:26
Hello everyone,
if you receive stage 2 invitation on 20/Aug, you can feel free to add my telegram flylok to discuss!!

thanks

seb972
29th Jun 2018, 15:03
anyone for Final interview the 22nd AUGUST? please send me a Whatsapp: +33 0 6 46 25 13 70!!! or email me: [email protected]

swhy
30th Jun 2018, 02:38
Hi swhy,
I will have my stage 1A on 23 July of this year. it seems that verbal reasoning and "disovering rules and interrelation" is not included in the latestpilotjobs and skytest software.
DO you know any good website that I can go for practice?
thanks so much for your help!

For me, I just used latestpilotjobs made sure I did decent (st the very least) in all the tasks. And read the chapters over and over again. That’s all I did, and I passed feeling comfortable. That’s all I can give you. I did also use skytest but I feel LPJ did a better job.

good luck

mmicc
30th Jun 2018, 04:50
Hello everyone,

if you receive stage 2 invitation

Cheers

Khawaja
30th Jun 2018, 18:38
If anyone wants to form a study group, let me know.

mojolo
19th Jul 2018, 04:27
Hi everyone, this is my first post @ PPrune, I've read every thread from 2016 Dec till now, since the interview process has changed a lot, especially in 2017.
I have summarized what everyone was mentioning in the past threads and came up with the semi-full interview process below, however, there are some variants that I could not comprehend. can someone enlighten me?

STAGE 1 - Initial A (invitation usually receive between 1 weeks to 4 months from application submission)Computer-Based Aptitude Test (90 mins)

Technical Questionnaire (60 mins) <-- some says this one is in 1b?

ICAO English Exam <-- some say ICAO exam @ 1a due to foreign candidate present at the interview !?
STAGE 1 - Initial B (failures will be notify with 48 hours, successful candidates will be notify for STAGE 2 within a week or two)Initial Interview with HR Personal (45 mins)
STAGE 2 (for successful candidates, one to two month after STAGE 1 - Initial B)
-Group Exercises (60 mins)Flight Planning (90 mins)

Panel Interview (60 mins)

ICAO English Exam (? mins) <-- most of the threads mention ICAO exam at stage 2, also many threads omitted the existence of the exam (yes, it seems easy one but can anyone tell me when is the exam take place?)

Class 1 Medical (? mins)
STAGE 3Computer Based Test Flight Grading <-- most of the recent threads say Flight Grading has been canceled OR replaced by some sort of computer-based assessment, but no clear information on it, is this stage even exist?

marcotang2
19th Jul 2018, 21:57
Hi there,

Does anyone having 1b on 30 July? feel free to reach me on telegram @jinheonx and maybe we can form a study group or share any updates.

Cheers!

shinytubedreamer
20th Jul 2018, 05:21
Not sure if a storm came through and wiped out CX city and it's dragon sister but no email for months for either an initial interview or rejection? Excuse my french but this is just bloody disrespectful to the candidates. Yes I understand we are numerous and we are nothing to them but a number but with NO transparency of when we could expect things, NO information about their recruitment timeline and start dates, I'm sorry but my life is not there to be dragged around like a dog's, and so isn't yours.

For those who are making it through the stages, good on you, may you qualify all the way through. For new applicants, we need to take action and boycott cadet pilot employment. Stop all new applications and withdraw them if you haven't yet had a reply. We need to make them know that we DO have a choice. We ARE capable of finding other jobs. If this is the way they are going to treat potential talent, then let them starve in their own pool of blood, in the pilot shortage that they have created with their own two hands.

manho
20th Jul 2018, 06:16
Anyone who is doing Stage 2 on 23rd Aug (which is net month), please contact me via email at [email protected]. My batch is missing one candidate. Thanks :)