PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34

tt12494
15th Sep 2016, 23:57
Hi Guys

I'm studying in Hong Kong right now and I'm planning to UNSW aviation and prepare myself for Cathay Pacific's cadet.Is that the best option or should I go to the cadet interview with zero flying experience?:confused:

cheers
hey guslau0121 I am now studying UNSW aviation management, if you have any questions regarding the course or aviation in australia in general I would be happy to answer.

btw is anyone here doing their 1A on 26th sept?

furqanstriker
17th Sep 2016, 16:10
hey guslau0121 I am now studying UNSW aviation management, if you have any questions regarding the course or aviation in australia in general I would be happy to answer.

btw is anyone here doing their 1A on 26th sept?
Hi, i have a few questions to ask. Can you whatsapp me on 55001359

icecoldAV8R
20th Sep 2016, 00:14
For stage 1b, how long did it take to schedule this stage after 1a and what type of questions did they ask? Is it mainly personal, company and a few tech questions from the JKI? Also, is it 2 HR people doing the interview or is it 1HR + 1Pilot? Much appreciation for any reply/input!

warrenlam
20th Sep 2016, 04:32
Hi Warren,
I've just received an invitation from Cathay today for initial A interview on 4th Oct.
Cheers
You can meet me on "[email protected]" if you dont mind. We can do some studies and preparation tgt^^

cheers

Posterizing
22nd Sep 2016, 23:19
Hi Guys,

I am working in Perth right now and I've got an invitation for Initial A selection in Hong Kong on 4th Oct.
Can anyone tell me what is it about and what I should prepare for?
Also, in the email also say that Initial B will be on 5th Oct if being selected.
I am just wondering will the result release so quick?

Cheers
If you pass, you'll probably know the same night and latest the next day. If you fail, you'll know by the time you reach Tsing Ma Bridge.

michaelcx
24th Sep 2016, 02:36
Just received an invitation for the Ab-initio Initial A Selection in Hong Kong on the 17th October. Please don't hesitate to pm me if you're on the same boat! :)

jonathanliu
24th Sep 2016, 07:49
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for the programme at the latest by the end of the year.
Anyone with similar time frame and would love to form a study group, or would there be any study groups that welcome new-joiners? thanks a lot!
You can reach me through [email protected] or WhatsApp +852 92883027!
Cheers.

tcyung
28th Sep 2016, 16:37
Anyone got 1A on Oct 12?

Wongwai09
29th Sep 2016, 07:04
Hi everyone,

My name is Anthony and I am new here obviously, I have been reading this post for the past few days and I felt like it is time to post my question and hopefully someone could answer it for me.

I hold HKID card and live in Brisbane at present . I have put my application in on the 8 August,2016 and been waiting for a reply since. I have not yet heard anything from either Cathy or Dragon. I knew I out my application in a bit late but do you guys think that my application is still in the screen process, as it has been almost to months since I applied for the cadetship programme and I do updated the application twice to make sure all information is up to date.

Is anyone here on a similar boat like me waiting for a reply from Cathy Or Dragon? Is there a number I can call up to ask if my application is still in the screen process? IF anyone got the number, would you mind kindly pass it on to me?

songlee435
30th Sep 2016, 04:21
Wongwai 09

From what I have heard from others, Dragonair has already recruited sufficient number of candidates so you probably will not receive any thing from them (i hope this is not true but I have submitted nearly 2 months by now but I have heard nothing from them)

For CX - If this is your first time to apply CX CPP, you should be able to hear something in about a week or 2 weeks maximum. Hope that helps and good luck!

Wongwai09
30th Sep 2016, 05:47
Hi songlee,

Thanks for the comments. It's my first time to apply and based on what you said, do you think my situation is unusual??? Or i have I simply missed out? I tried to locate the recruitment department contact number but no luck of finding one. Is there any one who got the number or email I can contact them to find out more about my application??

Daniel Long
30th Sep 2016, 14:00
Hello all, may I ask you guys for a favour. I am trying to buy a BAK on Amazon but the only one I can find is $225US one. As I heard from previous candidate, it should be around 5xxHKD. Is there anyone know the way to buy BAK in HK. Thanks a lot.

ringos0519
5th Oct 2016, 03:56
I have applied CX CPP on 25th Sep 2016 but still have no any reply. Probably how long for the invitation? Am I already be screened out?

I am interested in joining any study group , please contact me if there is any.
EMAIL : [email protected]

Vincentho
6th Oct 2016, 08:36
Hi guys and girl!

I am Vincent. And I have received my stage 2 interview (final interview assessment) on 23 Nov. Is there anyone who is having the interview on the same day? Please feel free to contact me and let's study together!

Email: [email protected]

Car_Juin
8th Oct 2016, 14:17
Hi all,

I am going to have my 1A in late-July.

I am currently using Pilot-Test.org to practice and I am curious to know how close it is in terms of difficulty when comparing to the actual CPP 1A. For instance, if the actual math test includes any polynomial/factorization/unit conversion .

Thanks.

Hi, I m planning to try pilot-test.org. I am wondering if there are actually some MC questions for practice or just general BAK questions and answers? Thanks

CX163
10th Oct 2016, 20:26
Hi guys and girl!

I am Vincent. And I have received my stage 2 interview (final interview assessment) on 23 Nov. Is there anyone who is having the interview on the same day? Please feel free to contact me and let's study together!

Email: [email protected]
Hello Vincent,
First of all, congratulations making your way to stage 2. Would you mind sharing your application time line so that we all have some estimations done?

icecoldAV8R
19th Oct 2016, 16:53
Does anyone know what type of questions will be asked from during the First Interview after you've finished your Personality and Reasoning Test?

leungwc
21st Oct 2016, 05:53
Hello guys, been on Pprune for a while but my first ever post.

I am planning to apply on 3/11 to CX, which would be my second time application, if anyone would like to share some info of recent application I am happy to exchange. Plz PM me if you are interested, and all the best.

Wongwai09
22nd Oct 2016, 08:52
Hey Daace25, Are you living overseas at the moment ? AS Cathy usually group the overseas candidates into two continuous days for 1A and 1B unlikely those who resides in HK locally.

aviationyin1220
22nd Oct 2016, 12:09
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for the programme at the latest by the end of the year.
Anyone with similar time frame and would love to form a study group, or would there be any study groups that welcome new-joiners? thanks a lot!
You can reach me through [email protected] or WhatsApp +852 92883027!
Cheers.
Hey guys, this is yin. New here but has been preparing the CPP for a while. Would like to join study group and hope that we can study together.

Phone: +852 67000675
email: [email protected]

See you guys!

mk18mod1
23rd Oct 2016, 10:24
cheers helps a lot

anthony5284
24th Oct 2016, 13:51
[QUOTE=flying_hamster;5018254]Hey there guys!
I am just curious to know if any foreigner has already been through the application and interview stages with Cathay Pacific?

If so, how long does it generally take before they let you know if you've passed the initial screening and been selected for an interview?

Also, on the application form, they has choices for the interview locations. Are all interviews conducted in HK, or your location (mine's within Asia)?

I ask this because I couldn't help but compare the Etihad application. I had received my interview offer within a week of applying, but was one of the unfortunate ones when they cancelled the Singapore Assessment Day.

I can see from other threads that this is a hot topic, especially because HK residents are not very pleased with the idea of the Cadet Programme being open to all nationalitites, but keep replies to this thread clean. It might benefit all the others out there too, HK residents or foreigners, who might have applied for the scheme.

Cheers guys![/QUOTE

Sorry to say that only locals are considered

Wongwai09
25th Oct 2016, 07:46
Hi Daace25, I will see you at Cathy City then as I got an invitation from Cathy as well for 1A and 1B on 111416-11516. I will arrive in HK on 111316 2000 Local time. Are you heading back to HK from Canada? Should keep in touch

leungwc
27th Oct 2016, 08:57
All the best to you Daace 25.

I am currently practicing my maths on external compass program to make sure I can calculate it consistent, fast and accurate.

Planning to submit my application on 3/11 (just a random date) and I hopefully will get my 1A in late Nov or early Dec.

I do have regular study group at the moment, but if anyone who are willing to start up another one and I will be very happy to join whenever I can, teamwork :)

my whatsapp: +852 5423 0818 (please no spam :P)

Jasonlu
28th Oct 2016, 05:54
Hi,

Did anyone apply to Cathay Pacific this month? Any response from them?

Cheers,
Jason

ricseven
28th Oct 2016, 15:00
Hello, I am Richard from Hong Kong (now in Adelaide for my university exchange and the basic flight training). Plan to submit my first CPP application quite soon (I don't have an exact time but I will apply when I am ready for it). I am looking for any study groups and buddies sharing similar situation. Let's work on it together! :)

Whatsapp: +61 410913400

leungwc
28th Oct 2016, 15:07
Daace - the way our study group works mostly like an interview workshop mainly aiming at stage 1B and stage 2, then if someone come across an unknown theory, someone will step in and take the teaching role.

Since tech stuffs are mostly self studies, we believe this can give us more efficiency in our limited time together as a group

aviationyin1220
30th Oct 2016, 07:39
Hi Leung,

I would apply CPP in coming mid-Dec (with preparation, of course), and look for joining/forming new study group to practise 1B and stage 2. I am thinking if we can form a new study group with members here. Can I pm you to discuss more about this?

Yin

aviationyin1220
30th Oct 2016, 07:40
Hi Leung,

I would apply CPP in coming mid-Dec (with preparation, of course), and look for joining/forming new study group to practise 1B and stage 2. I am thinking if we can form a new study group with members here. Can I pm you to discuss more about this?

Yin

nikiwantstofly
30th Oct 2016, 23:54
Hi,
I am planning to submit my second application in mid November this year and looking for a study group to practice stage 1B and 2. Are there anyone interested in forming a study group or letting me join one? Thank you.

leungwc
31st Oct 2016, 03:00
Hi All

I think we have quite a few interested in starting a new study group, I suggest we can collect everyone whatsapp number then we can form a group of around 5-7 people and discuss our plan privately, how does that sound?

Sshum
31st Oct 2016, 04:50
Hi,

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I applied on 17th oct and I'm still waiting for the email.
How about you?

cheers,
A

Sshum
31st Oct 2016, 14:01
Hi,

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I submitted my application form on 17th oct and I'm still waiting for their email.
How about you? Have you applied the program in this mth also?
Cheers,
A.

summerrose
1st Nov 2016, 03:10
Hi guys and girls,

Just wondering if anybody could send me the cx cadet information book which is required reading before the interview?

Also, do you know if there is a cadet program from Hong Kong Airline?

Thanks,
Summer Rose
[email protected]

Given
3rd Nov 2016, 13:32
Hi all,

My phone number is +852 9813 2636.
Could anyone please give me some advice cos i donno if i am studying the right thing. Sometimes i feel like i am going too deep and sometimes i feel like i dont know nothing about the whole interview process. So, please, could somebody help me T.T

Given

BYRUUENNO
9th Nov 2016, 04:40
Hi all I just got my invitation to Stage 2 Interview on the 13th Dec and am looking for my group mates. Please email me at : [email protected] if you are invited to the same date. Cheers, Bruno

Omera
9th Nov 2016, 10:24
Hi guys
As per recent reports stage 1A JKI is changed to FAA pilots manual. But is anyone aware of the games alteration or they remained unchanged whoever can shed some light on this topic will really be appreciated.

mmb327
11th Nov 2016, 04:14
Hiya Guys,

I have my 1A stage coming up and I have a question regarding the Maths section and something that can relate to the whole COMPASS test which hopefully someone can shed light on.

Will they base your score on how accurate you are within the time limit (so say you finish all the questions before the time 20 minutes limit) or will they base it on how fast and accurate you are within the time limit (you finish all the questions in 10 minutes out of 20 minutes allowed)?

And I know it's a silly question but I assume that the dress code for stage 1A is smart work suits? ( asking for a friend who has this stage soon but doesn't have an account for pprune)

Kind regards!

emftfa
13th Nov 2016, 16:21
Hi all I just got my invitation to Stage 2 Interview on the 13th Dec and am looking for my group mates. Please email me at : [email protected] if you are invited to the same date. Cheers, Bruno
hi BYRUUENNO
when did you have your 1B

aviationyin1220
15th Nov 2016, 04:11
Hi Leung and all,

Good idea. Let's start new study groups. Please email me your name, contact, a little background (e.g. age, education, preparation plan and outcome you want to get from the group) to [email protected] if you want to join the new study group.

Cheers,

Steve

aviationyin1220
15th Nov 2016, 04:22
Besides, wanna to ask if anyone tried to enrol some online courses which has 1 on 1 video session with trainers? I browsed some packages and want to seek some advice before enrolling. Thanks.

dereknkh
15th Nov 2016, 09:24
Hi guys
As per recent reports stage 1A JKI is changed to FAA pilots manual. But is anyone aware of the games alteration or they remained unchanged whoever can shed some light on this topic will really be appreciated.
that's exactly what I'm facing right now, would be great if anyone could give some heads up..

Gonuts
16th Nov 2016, 07:16
Oh Good Lord. They finally got rid of their filthy goofy Aviation Knowledge Booklet! Good for them and good for everyone.

alexia alexia
16th Nov 2016, 08:05
Hi all,

I am going to apply for the Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme and now doing some preparation. Anyone want to form study group and work hard together? or any study group I can join pls?

Anthony_27
16th Nov 2016, 14:14
So that means they removed their Aviation booklet which is normally given once you were invited for An interview?? (1a&1b)??

willofd
17th Nov 2016, 21:40
So that means they removed their Aviation booklet which is normally given once you were invited for An interview?? (1a&1b)??

yeah, was talking with friends who made it to final stage to see if they can send me an updated JKI, but they said there's none and they studied from FAA handbook and researched on their own

chocoolate5f
27th Nov 2016, 16:41
I am wondering if anyone have already advanced to the Post-Second stage. AS CX have cancelled the flight grading and they are going to replace it with sth called “computer-based test”, I would like to know more about what is it really like. Can anyone share a bit about this matter???

raymondlove330
29th Nov 2016, 08:14
Hi all, I just got the email about having stage 2 on 18/1 and I am looking for my groupmates. If you have the stage 2 on same day, pls email me at: [email protected] :ok:

alemx205
1st Dec 2016, 16:06
Halo all,
Is there any study group I can join in which we can share information? I'm applying shortly maybe in mid Dec. My contact
tel 93481522 email [email protected]

FoxChaRomeo
10th Dec 2016, 04:43
I am A320 rated and applied for the SH.
Just received the mail, that I am in the DEP Hold Pool.

Are there any recent experiences how long it can take for rated Pilots SH to get an offer?
Congrats E170. When did you do the sim? I did it early Nov and got the good-news email a couple of weeks ago. (Am 320 rated too)
I spoke to the recruitment team and no one was able to give me much/any info on approx timescales, numbers swimming, how many are/are not 320 type-rated. They just said vague that they might have more info in Jan and to keep an eye on my emails.

Anyone have anything to add?

Because airlines not value the difference between an okay pilot that can just about pass a sim and a highly skilled, dedicated professional. As long as the plane flies...

Zylon
10th Dec 2016, 13:49
Hi guys, I have my 1a on the 4th of Jan. Is there any study groups I can join?
My whatsapp is +61 432 332 235.
Anyone know if the new 1a and 1b questions are all found within the PHAK or if we have to find additional information?
Pleasure to meet you all :)

kfchan
10th Dec 2016, 21:51
Hey everyone, i'm planning on applying soon for the cathay cadet program. Is there any study groups i can join ?

Johnhere
11th Dec 2016, 00:10
Hi I would like to know anyone will have final interview in 19/1/2017~
Lets study together!

Efato75kts
11th Dec 2016, 12:28
Hi
Congrats for getting that far .How did you apply for it ? Do you have to be a resident to apply ?

Rogu3perfextion
13th Dec 2016, 11:20
Hellllooooo guys...please PM me if you are having your Initial A interview on 24 January 2017

FoxChaRomeo
13th Dec 2016, 11:33
Congrats E170. When did you do the sim? I did it early Nov and got the good-news email a couple of weeks ago. (Am 320 rated too)
I spoke to the recruitment team and no one was able to give me much/any info on approx timescales, numbers swimming, how many are/are not 320 type-rated. They just said vague that they might have more info in Jan and to keep an eye on my emails.

Anyone have anything to add?

Because airlines not value the difference between an okay pilot that can just about pass a sim and a highly skilled, dedicated professional. As long as the plane flies...

Er, mods, this post has somehow migrated from the BA DEP thread to here... any chance it could be returned or at least deleted from here?!
PS the last paragraph (bold) is not from me!
Thanks...

Johnhere
13th Dec 2016, 13:16
Hi I would like to know anyone will have final interview in 19/1/2017~
Lets study together!

Yes you need a to be HKer

Wongwai09
14th Dec 2016, 06:31
Hellllooooo guys...please PM me if you are having your Initial A interview on 24 January 2017
I have my 1A on 23 and 1B on 24 should I get through 1A. G'Day mate

KleinKwok
14th Dec 2016, 10:03
Soon I will be applying to retake the initial A and it seems apparent on this thread that they've replaced the JKI. Does anyone know what they require you to study now?

Thanks

Rogu3perfextion
15th Dec 2016, 12:46
hey mate..are you living in brizzy atm? although we have different interview times...lets meet up before we head to hong kong.

Wongwai09
18th Dec 2016, 07:00
hey mate..are you living in brizzy atm? although we have different interview times...lets meet up before we head to hong kong.
Of course, I am , my flight is departing on 012117. When are you heading over to HK

Rogu3perfextion
20th Dec 2016, 09:36
Of course, I am , my flight is departing on 012117. When are you heading over to HK
I am flying out on the 23rd of Jan...Can you please PM me your mobile deets? thx

Oana13
21st Dec 2016, 18:24
Hello guys,

I have been reading this thread for a while and I still feel so lost... I still have so much to learn about the process...

I'm planning to send in my application before the end of the year. Anyone else in Australia doing the same?
Is there any study group I could join?
Does anyone have some tips?

Cheers,
Oana

Johnhere
28th Dec 2016, 00:35
Hi Fox
Are you going to have your stage 2 in 19 Jan, 2017?

Letsfly777
28th Dec 2016, 14:31
Hey Guys! I am thinking about applying and was wondering if anyone knows the current situation and the stages?

Anything is good help!!

HumbleHKBackground
30th Dec 2016, 10:52
Hi guys, I humbly passed my 1a. What can I rote learn for my flight grading? What is the exact power setting for base? I hear the instructors have really high standards.

pilotwannabehk
3rd Jan 2017, 02:36
Humble,
There is no flight grading anymore but a computer-based test.
I dun know the details of the test.

Rogu3perfextion
3rd Jan 2017, 11:06
Hi guys, I humbly passed my 1a. What can I rote learn for my flight grading? What is the exact power setting for base? I hear the instructors have really high standards.
Hey Humble!

First of all, congrats and well done!
Second, Was your technical MCQ exam based on PHAK theory? If so, was the exam really hard? I am just curious

Foxdeux
4th Jan 2017, 20:12
Just out of curiosity, what did they put in place of flight grading? Always thought that was one of the most important aspect of the selection process, or is this part of CX's cost cutting plan?

777fordays
12th Jan 2017, 06:08
Hey guys,

I currently have a Right to Land status on my HKID. Would that automatically disqualify from the selection process? As far as I am concerned, RTL is basically ROA minus the right to vote and possible deportation for serious crimes. I still have the right to work/live in HK without a visa.

Thanks!

Wongwai09
13th Jan 2017, 20:58
Hey guys,

I currently have a Right to Land status on my HKID. Would that automatically disqualify from the selection process? As far as I am concerned, RTL is basically ROA minus the right to vote and possible deportation for serious crimes. I still have the right to work/live in HK without a visa.

Thanks!
That's one tricky situation, your best bet is to call Cathay requirement department to clarify the situation before you go ahead with your application, I wish you all the very best and hopefully you will be ok. Good Day

leungwc
20th Jan 2017, 08:36
Hi Guys

I just made it through 1B and I have my stage 2 scheduled on 15/2 morning. (which its relative fast :ugh:)

Anyway, I am looking for my group mate for stage 2 on 15/2 morning.

Please leave your contact or send a whatsapp to +(852) 5423 0818.

Looking forward to see you all

mirroraaw
21st Jan 2017, 08:42
Hi folks,
If you are having your stage 2 (Final interview) on 14 Feb 2017, please PM me, thank you.

KiloSierra1
30th Jan 2017, 09:06
anyone has their 1a on 20th Feb 2017??

Please PM me if you do. Thank you!

lok8128
31st Jan 2017, 05:35
Hi everyone I am Ryan
I want to apply for cathay pacific within few days
Is anyone gonna apply within this months or preparing for 1B or stage 2?
Therefore I wanna form a massive study group which will meet about 3 days per week
We will share our sources and have a schedule every time for efficiency and cover Tech in, HR in, group exercises etc.
Anyone interested please contact me through 94920498

dannyhknt
5th Feb 2017, 11:16
Hey everyone! Here's Danny. I am gong to re-apply the cadet programme in coming March and can I join the study groups your guys formed? Please add me through the email: [email protected] or by whatsapp: +(852) 56986985
Hope that we can meet and discuss soon.

dannyhknt
5th Feb 2017, 11:25
Hey guys! Here's Danny. I would like to re-apply the programme in late March. I want to join some study groups in order to prepare well for the interview. Can anybody add me to the group?
please kindly add me through email [email protected] or whatsapp: +852 56986985

KupoMog
6th Feb 2017, 04:19
Hello All! I was just trying to apply, but after I input basic details and get to the page for further personal information, there is no selection for Cadet Pilot. The selection only includes Second Officer, First Officer, and Simulation Trainer. Am I doing something wrong?

Appreciate any help thanks!

Busdriver2017
6th Feb 2017, 06:30
Hi everyone, I was an active member few years ago when I was preparing my cadetship. I've completed my training and now working as a Second Officer. I think it's a good chance for me to give my help to someone who wants to be a pilot. Leave a an email or message if you wish to form a study group or get some advice before your interview.

My email: [email protected]

Cheers

wiskeywiskey
6th Feb 2017, 17:06
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my application on 28 Dec but still can't hear anything from the recruitment. Is anyone encountering the same thing?

I don't think it's related to my profile, as I have my first solo, yaa and dacp with me so I should deserve an apt test :(

Busdriver2017
7th Feb 2017, 03:40
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my application on 28 Dec but still can't hear anything from the recruitment. Is anyone encountering the same thing?

I don't think it's related to my profile, as I have my first solo, yaa and dacp with me so I should deserve an apt test :(
Hi whiskeywiskey,

As far as I know, the progress of selection depends on number of parameters like backlog of candidates, NY, CNY, or even connected with what you filled in application. Also, there is nothing called DESERVE an interview or invitation. Be patient mate

Zylon
7th Feb 2017, 10:11
Hey everyone,

I've created a study/discussion group on whatsapp.
Here's the link, feel free to join and leave when ever you feel like, and discuss anything related to aviation or cpp.

*** Link temporarily removed

Alternatively, you can pm me on whatsapp if you're interested in joining, and you'll be invited when possible.
+61 432 332 235

Zylon/David

emftfa
8th Feb 2017, 16:40
Hi everyone,

Submitted on 29 Dec n just passed 1A
I think u will have it soon. Dont worry

wiskeywiskey
9th Feb 2017, 08:43
Submitted on 29 Dec n just passed 1A
I think u will have it soon. Dont worry
Hi emftfa,

May I know when did you receive your invitation for 1A?

Ayres Troglio
9th Feb 2017, 12:56
Hi there!!
I'm from Brazil, and I've applied to Advanced Entry..
Can you guys give some tips about the process? I mean.. What is really necessary to get good score during the process or to get invited for interview? Anyone knows about it?:rolleyes:

KiloSierra1
9th Feb 2017, 13:17
Hi everyone,

Heyy I applied just after new year and I've already received an email about my first interview, so i think you might wana call or email to check?

GG4737
9th Feb 2017, 13:32
Hi emftfa
may I ask when did u get invited to 1A after submission?
Thanks

Ayres Troglio
9th Feb 2017, 13:51
well, I wasn't.. I was asking what is the best way to be invited...

Mediums
10th Feb 2017, 01:00
well, I wasn't.. I was asking what is the best way to be invited...
Tell them you have your own private A350 and will fly it for them at your own expense. That is by far the best way! Oh and get it painted too saying "Time to win."

a350John
13th Feb 2017, 08:05
Hello everyone! This is John. Currently looking for candidates whom are going to apply CPP in March or April in order to form a group for study. Just contact me via WhatsApp, my phone number is +852 63840808. All are welcome to join.

Greenmeansgo
22nd Feb 2017, 03:38
For anyone who is applying and doesn't currently live in HK, I just heard from some CP guys that just started that CX is no longer providing accommodation for your first month in HK. Hope your credit cards have a decent limit

Go

Posterizing
27th Feb 2017, 12:23
For anyone who is applying and doesn't currently live in HK, I just heard from some CP guys that just started that CX is no longer providing accommodation for your first month in HK. Hope your credit cards have a decent limit

Go
The AE and TT guys still have it. Just not for the ab initio guys anymore.

theleeporker
1st Mar 2017, 04:04
can non-citizens of hong kong apply to be cadet in cathay airways?

Critical Mark Number
8th Mar 2017, 14:29
Looking for CPP stage 2 mate 05-April-2017.
Please leave a message.
Thank you.

ShineOn
11th Mar 2017, 08:55
Is it practical to commute from London as an SO based in Hong Kong? Or at least go back to U.K every 6 weeks or so for more than a few days?
Thanks!

KupoMog
15th Mar 2017, 04:18
Any one applied for the program and got a response lately? I've submitted mine for about a month and haven't heard anything.

betsyisadc3
16th Mar 2017, 05:06
Look for stage 2 groupmate on 6 April
Please leave a message or PM me.
Thanks

sugizo20
18th Mar 2017, 05:44
Quite disappointed with the bad management in CX. Will sack ppl soon. Freeze salary. No bonus. No intention to admit their faults. Think twice before joining this firm.

Julien007
20th Mar 2017, 03:56
Hi guys,

I'm planning to apply CCP 2017 late april. Was wondering if anyone would like to form a study group or kindly add me into one within approx time-frame to apply together. Cheers for that.

My number is +61 481 577 050

kind regards,
Julien

coffincorners
21st Mar 2017, 06:30
Hi there, could someone clairfy for me whether the AE courses or intake has stopped and will not commence for a while? What about if you have a permanent HKID and have a valid CPL + 250+ hrs?

Also, could someone be kind enough to share how much each cadet gets while at FTA as cadets?

Posterizing
21st Mar 2017, 15:52
Hi there, could someone clairfy for me whether the AE courses or intake has stopped and will not commence for a while? What about if you have a permanent HKID and have a valid CPL + 250+ hrs?

Also, could someone be kind enough to share how much each cadet gets while at FTA as cadets?

By the look of it AE has stopped and wont be happening anytime soon, doesnt matter what you've got the course just isnt there.
For ab-initio guys, $105AUD per week.
AE/TT guys get nothing.

gainingaltitude
24th Mar 2017, 15:25
Hi guys,

I have a PPL with almost 110 hours obtained in Aus,
anyone could give me any ideas whether it is too much for the cadet programme,
sounds like most people got it within 70-80 hours for PPL

kfchan
25th Mar 2017, 04:12
Hey emftfa do you mind telling what the stage 1a looked like please. Thanks

kfchan
25th Mar 2017, 04:21
Anyone here can help a brother out ? Just wanted to know how stage 1 looks like, and what to expect and how can i prepare?
Technical multiple-choice Questionnaire
Compass Aptitude Test

rchoi
25th Mar 2017, 23:34
Hi All,

Having stage 1a on 25th and 1b on 26th if successful, anyone having similar stage 1 dates and would like to study, please add my on whatsapp +61 420 822 712

Cheers,
Reagan

ukenterprise
27th Mar 2017, 01:23
gainingaltitude

No hours limit with Cathay Cadet.

Its taken you 110 hours to complete PPL?

Time take to complete PPL can affect by many factors,

Ie Weather, how often you fly, etc..................

Just try applying. Only CX would know if you are suitable.

Pandaman
27th Mar 2017, 05:41
Good day!
Been going through the threads in past few days and many thanks for the useful inputs
I failed the flight grading (basic) back in 2012 and now I am planning to reapply again. I have heard the CX has cut the flight grading but its website stated the otherwise. Is it true ? Many many thanks bin advance and very best of luck to those who got shortlisted

pilotwannabehk
27th Mar 2017, 08:02
flight grading has been replaced but it is not clear that if failed graders could reapply or not

sanfranrickey
28th Mar 2017, 11:27
flight grading has been replaced but it is not clear that if failed graders could reapply or not

for me, it's quite desperate if candidates who fail this stage can no longer apply for CPP :( i am currently a year 1 university student majoring in non-engineering subjects and keep studying aviation stuff in spare time

by the way, nice to meet all you guys ! it is my very first time discussing in pprune :) hope one day i can be one of the cadet pilots in CX

hkatc787
29th Mar 2017, 02:00
Seems they are trying to use a new set of computer test instead of the KA one for the final round. Anyone got an idea how's the new test going to be??

Thanks.

Busdriver2017
29th Mar 2017, 02:45
for me, it's quite desperate if candidates who fail this stage can no longer apply for CPP :( i am currently a year 1 university student majoring in non-engineering subjects and keep studying aviation stuff in spare time

by the way, nice to meet all you guys ! it is my very first time discussing in pprune :) hope one day i can be one of the cadet pilots in CX

It's all about mindset mate, you just made yourself think you can't apply/you can't be a Cathay pilot. Be open minded and think out of the box.

wailunwu
29th Mar 2017, 12:24
I will be. Email me at [email protected]. Or add whatsapp +1 6477697222

Hi All,

Having stage 1a on 25th and 1b on 26th if successful, anyone having similar stage 1 dates and would like to study, please add my on whatsapp +61 420 822 712

Cheers,
Reagan

Katherinew
3rd Apr 2017, 02:47
Hi All,

Cheers,
Reagan
May I know when did you apply?

Katherinew
3rd Apr 2017, 08:22
Anyone know nowadays normally how does it takes to receive a email asked you to attend the interview ?

Charlie2227
15th Apr 2017, 21:23
Look for stage 2 groupmate on 6 April
Please leave a message or PM me.
Thanks

When did you take your stage 1a and 1b? And how long after you successfully passed did you get the notification for stage 2?

Thank you

socsbrian
16th Apr 2017, 18:31
Anyone know nowadays normally how does it takes to receive a email asked you to attend the interview ?
I received the invitation email after 10 days I submitted the application last year September. However, I failed 1a, and I re-submitted the application again about 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back from them....

varundatta.hk
17th Apr 2017, 04:00
I received the invitation email after 10 days I submitted the application last year September. However, I failed 1a, and I re-submitted the application again about 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back from them....
I am in the same boat and I did my 1a in Mid 2015... failed. Re-submitted last week and still no word. And I just got my CPL.

socsbrian
17th Apr 2017, 16:35
I am in the same boat and I did my 1a in Mid 2015... failed. Re-submitted last week and still no word. And I just got my CPL.
Congratulations on your CPL. I am still working on my PPL, and hopefully I can get the flight test done in May. I have a bad feeling about not getting an invitation email from them, because there isn't much change from the content of the application form. (Except just more flying hours...) And I wonder for people who already have a basic pilot license, do they have to start from beginning at Adelaide if they get accepted into the cadet program?

Gonuts
18th Apr 2017, 01:38
Socsbrian - First of all, there is nothing called basic pilot license this kind of thing. I mean, how do you define basic? Recreational? Private Pilot? Commercial Pilot? It's so vague. But to your question, the answer is YES. They will still train you from the ground up even if you have a PPL under your belt, which is kinda depressing, and a waste of time and money. The good side is, you have more experiences than some of those who don't.

varundatta.hk - I don't wanna bum you out but the fact is that they have put AE course on hold and are now focusing on Ab-initio, TT and DEFO. Unless you are willing to downgrade yourself, meaning to go by via Ab-initio I don't think you will hear them back anytime soon. Better to give them a call.

varundatta.hk
18th Apr 2017, 09:10
Gonuts - I initially apply for the ab-initio when I had my ppl in 2015. Now that I have my CPL I would have thought I am re- applying for the same program. I don't mind downgrading.

777fordays
18th Apr 2017, 21:29
Isn't the ab-intio programme only for those with no CPL?

karz
19th Apr 2017, 07:03
Hi sorry to ask this again but has just been invited for my initial 1A interview for the CPP. What books/materials would you recommend studying prior to the interview.

Also is anyone else studying for the initial 1A currently and would like to form a study group?

varundatta.hk
19th Apr 2017, 09:31
I think so... I will call them soon. Let's see what they say. I have applied to other's in the meantime​.

Daniel Long
20th Apr 2017, 00:52
Hi sorry to ask this again but has just been invited for my initial 1A interview for the CPP. What books/materials would you recommend studying prior to the interview.

Also is anyone else studying for the initial 1A currently and would like to form a study group?

Surely BAK. When did you submit the application?

furqanstriker
23rd Apr 2017, 08:42
Add me in a y study groups you guys have. 55001359

zenithk
24th Apr 2017, 04:16
Hi all guys. I am a newcomer here aiming to apply for the CX CPP.
I have submitted my application but I am not sure if meet I the criteria to get an interview opportunity. Anyone know how long does it take normally to get an interview after the submission?

BTW I would like to join any study group if available.
Please feel free to email me: [email protected]

zenithk
24th Apr 2017, 05:42
Hi all guys. I am a newcomer here aiming to apply for the CX CPP.
I have submitted my application but I am not sure if meet I the criteria to get an interview opportunity. Anyone know how long does it take normally to get an interview after the submission?

BTW I would like to join any study group if available.
Please feel free to email me: [email protected]

Luuuuk
24th Apr 2017, 17:05
Hi,

Looking for people who will have stage 2 on 15 may.

Thanks!

Charlie2227
25th Apr 2017, 04:16

I'm currently studying for the 1A interview.

khtkht123
26th Apr 2017, 06:52
Hi everyone,

do you guys know about the new process changed for stage 1?

Im currently studying for 1A interview too!

Charlie2227
26th Apr 2017, 10:42
Hi everyone,

do you guys know about the new process changed for stage 1?

Im currently studying for 1A interview too!

I received an email about the revised initial 1A and 1B interview process.

furqanstriker
26th Apr 2017, 14:20
Hi Charlie, can you please whatsapp me at 55001359 and let me know about it.

Piper25
27th Apr 2017, 04:07

Hi I have submitted the application waiting for 1A now.
Shall we form a study group and gather some applicants at the same stage?
Pls drop me a message thanks! =)

Charlie2227
27th Apr 2017, 14:10
Hi I have submitted the application waiting for 1A now.
Shall we form a study group and gather some applicants at the same stage?
Pls drop me a message thanks! =)

Sure. Email me [email protected]

BurizaLink
29th Apr 2017, 13:38
Hi all,

Has anyone recently attended the initial test for KA this April 27th, 2017?

Anybody received any calls or emails?

Let's get in touch via email: [email protected] :}:}:}

hkdixonhk
30th Apr 2017, 15:19
Please contact me [email protected]

Gonuts
30th Apr 2017, 15:42
Seriously, anyone has anything better to say other than asking people to join a study group? Would it better if there is a separated thread that is opened specifically for study group mates? Would it be better? Just a thought.

Daniel Long
2nd May 2017, 00:45
Seriously, anyone has anything better to say other than asking people to join a study group? Would it better if there is a separated thread that is opened specifically for study group mates? Would it be better? Just a thought.

Agree. It will be good if the conversation contains more "nutrition" like any change on the interview and the questions ask this year.

varundatta.hk
2nd May 2017, 11:38
I have my 1A on the 15th.

furqanstriker has given me a lot of info on the new testing method (cut-e).

Apparently just Maths basic + Reaction + Hand eye + Personality test.
The maths section on the practice tests online link they send you seems to be more of a business math thing and 20 question in 16 minutes for the CX test. And no joystick in hand eye test, just a keyboard.

Maybe I'll just use SkyTest for this.

Anyone got more to add to that?

khtkht123
2nd May 2017, 15:02

The maths section on the practice tests online link they send you seems to be more of a business math thing and 20 question in 16 minutes for the CX test. And no joystick in hand eye test, just a keyboard.

So.. no numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning?

varundatta.hk
2nd May 2017, 15:17
So.. no numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning?

Nah, that practice test is just a sample for some of the products they offer. Not particularly what Cathay will test for.

Use this for what cathay will ask for -
https://goo.gl/Y2rQa9 - Assessments for Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
or
https://goo.gl/tr7aNo - Assessments for Commercial Pilots

khtkht123
2nd May 2017, 15:52
Nah, that practice test is just a sample for some of the products they offer. Not particularly what Cathay will test for.

Use this for what cathay will ask for -
https://goo.gl/Y2rQa9 - Assessments for Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
or
https://goo.gl/tr7aNo - Assessments for Commercial Pilots

Ohh thank you!! Ive looked through those websites too! But just wasnt sure if its gonna be in the assessment, coz they "recommend" to practice those, which was quite misleading tbh....

AVGAS17
3rd May 2017, 05:36
Good day!
Been going through the threads in past few days and many thanks for the useful inputs
I failed the flight grading (basic) back in 2012 and now I am planning to reapply again. I have heard the CX has cut the flight grading but its website stated the otherwise. Is it true ? Many many thanks bin advance and very best of luck to those who got shortlisted

Hi Pandaman,
Ive been told that they won't consider applicants that have failed the Flight Grading. Are you allowed to reapply? My friend has failed last year and received an email from HR stating that he will not be reconsidered again. It would be great news if there are instances where failed flight graders can reapply!

Best of luck to you too! hopefully we can all be successful.
Cheers

socsbrian
3rd May 2017, 05:41

Anyone got more to add to that?So it looks like you have received the invitation to the interview already? Mind if I ask when did you receive that? I submitted mine in the beginning of April, and still nothing from Cathay :(

varundatta.hk
3rd May 2017, 06:13
Ohh thank you!! Ive looked through those websites too! But just wasnt sure if its gonna be in the assessment, coz they "recommend" to practice those, which was quite misleading tbh....
No worries.

varundatta.hk
3rd May 2017, 15:31
Varundatta.hk - I'm confused. From what I remember, there are supposed to be more than three or four tasks that you need to complete at the CX COMPASS. Are you saying that they have revamped the COMPASS and removed some of the tasks including bearing determination, tracking accuracy and flight data read back? What about JKI test, the multiple-choice technical questions, is it still part of 1A?
Well if you see the link above. Some of the items they test us on are the same as the compass test. Maybe it just like the COMPASS test but rebranded by this cut-e company.

For the JKI test, they don't even give out the booklet and more and the booklet was quite out dated. They just tell you to download the PHAK. I know the multi choice test is on the 2nd day. It also looks like it might just be like a FAA private pilot test.

Initial A - You will be given two hours to complete the initial computer based assessments.

Successful candidates will proceed to Initial B assessment at Cathay City which will consists of:

- A 45 minute interview - personal and technical questions
- A multiple choice technical questionnaire (60 mins)

Daniel Long
3rd May 2017, 15:31
Varundatta.hk - I'm confused. From what I remember, there are supposed to be more than three or four tasks that you need to complete at the CX COMPASS. Are you saying that they have revamped the COMPASS and removed some of the tasks including bearing determination, tracking accuracy and flight data read back? What about JKI test, the multiple-choice technical questions, is it still part of 1A?

I am using SkyTest for the preperation, anyone knows which task would be similar Cut-e as CX is using for the new selection process.

Thanks in advance.

varundatta.hk
3rd May 2017, 15:52
I am using SkyTest for the preperation, anyone knows which task would be similar Cut-e as CX is using for the new selection process.

Thanks in advance.

- Attention: Reaction Rate
- Memory: Locations on Map
- Orientation: Jumbled Pipes
- Psycho-motorics: Runway Multitasking
- Psycho-motorics: Tube Flight
- Reasoning: Diagrammatic Series
- Reasoning: Spot the Difference
- Maths: Maths Word Problems
- Maths: Number Series

Daniel Long
4th May 2017, 14:31
Thanks a lot for the info.

mmb327
4th May 2017, 18:09

Thanks for the useful info you and furqanstriker has given to us so far.

Seems a bit unusual if CX scaled down the COMPASS test but hey I'm not complaining. You mentioned that they sent you a link to something about the maths. Just to clarify are you saying that along with the PHAK they send you a link where you can practice the maths that they will test you on? And with the PHAK what sections would they want you to study? Cause I've got the book and been studying on it and dont think CX would send the book to candidates who have no experience and expect them to learn the whole book in a month or less.

Charlie2227
4th May 2017, 20:38
Has anyone taken the 1A/1B exam after the revision?

Daniel Long
5th May 2017, 00:46

Seems a bit unusual if CX scaled down the COMPASS test but hey I'm not complaining. You mentioned that they sent you a link to something about the maths. Just to clarify are you saying that along with the PHAK they send you a link where you can practice the maths that they will test you on? And with the PHAK what sections would they want you to study? Cause I've got the book and been studying on it and dont think CX would send the book to candidates who have no experience and expect them to learn the whole book in a month or less.

Here is my thought. The link cx provide us is a standard cut-e demonstration test. The content is more related to finance and business. Regarding the math part, I think they will test on the unit conversion, volume, area, distance calculation as KA was testing the same thing in past April. They are also using cut-e.

mrpilothk
5th May 2017, 06:39
- Attention: Reaction Rate
- Memory: Locations on Map
- Orientation: Jumbled Pipes
- Psycho-motorics: Runway Multitasking
- Psycho-motorics: Tube Flight
- Reasoning: Diagrammatic Series
- Reasoning: Spot the Difference
- Maths: Maths Word Problems
- Maths: Number Series

I have some question want to ask you , Can I contact you please, my no. 61088503

varundatta.hk
5th May 2017, 15:57

I don't think the have made it easier per say... maybe just made it different imo!

Reading the whole book is crazy. I didn't even do that till my commercial checkride.

Have a look at the attachment

varundatta.hk
5th May 2017, 16:02
Here is my thought. The link cx provide us is a standard cut-e demonstration test. The content is more related to finance and business. Regarding the math part, I think they will test on the unit conversion, volume, area, distance calculation as KA was testing the same thing in past April. They are also using cut-e.

I agree with the "standard cut-e demonstration test".
For the unit conversion... Hopefully people will chime in to giving us the correct math testing method.

varundatta.hk
5th May 2017, 16:31
Also for this exersice -
https://goo.gl/ikP5SY

Use this to practice -
https://goo.gl/0RM764

Looks the same.

Edit:Use a mouse and not a trackpad. It makes a difference.

mrpilothk
7th May 2017, 07:08
so , have you done the cut-e maths test, is it close to the skytest maths test or close to the numerical reasoning test in cut - website? can you contact me please 6108850
3.!!!!THANK THANKs THANKS

mmb327
8th May 2017, 22:59

I guess they would if KA is doing it. But I found that KA are telling candidates that the maths test will include the use of the calculator. Whereas the CX math test doesnt allow the calculator, or not that I know of yet. If this is the case, perhaps the Math test would be scaled down. Just dont know why if KA and CX are both using cut-e, why have one allow the calculator and the other not?

mmb327
8th May 2017, 23:07
I don't think the have made it easier per say... maybe just made it different imo!

Reading the whole book is crazy. I didn't even do that till my commercial checkride.

Thanks for the attatchment, and thought so they would choose those chapters.
Otherwise how would anyone pass lol.

mmb327
8th May 2017, 23:23
Varundatta.HK+Daniel Long

Found an updated setlist on what will be included on the initial test. You may have encountered it before but this website is genuine for practising I know someone that has used this website before and passed the first round
:
Cathay Pacific Pilot Interview and Assessment-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Cathay%20Pacific%20Pilot%20Interview%20and%20Assessment)

It may not be much but found the link to practice the inductive logical thinking section from cut-e itself just to get a taste of what to expect:

get_started (http://getstarted.cut-e.com/home/?modul=4CZCtzLof2NCWeToXq8L0g%3d%3d&theme=16peDn%2bPxEIKyLUqZjlX4Q%3d%3d)

My flight instructor before said that you really dont have to worry about passing the psycho-motrics sections of the test as CX wouldnt really care much about your ability's on either reacting with the keyboard or whatever. They just want to know whether you the ability to at least gather a score no matter how high or low. And besides you get to have a trial section before you do the real test. I did 1A before.

If you prefer though you can pay and practice if you want to play safe. But if you ask me, focus more on your maths and PHAK knowledge with accuracy and quick timing as that is what CX will heavily look into more rather than the other aspects of the initial tests. And practice more on the abstract reasoning/logical thinking as well.

shutdo
9th May 2017, 02:45
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the Maths test, is it part of COMPASS? I read somewhere there used to be a separate test consisting of 33 questions to be completed in 30 mins, or something along those lines. Do they still do that?

You reckon the latest pilot job maths test would suffice?
Cheers!

varundatta.hk
9th May 2017, 05:23
So can someone confirm the Compass test is now 100% gone from CX ?

Just having a guesstimate at what the selection process is now

A: 1. Cut e aptitude test
2. Aviation technical knowledge mini quiz
3. Interview

B: 1. Raven matrix aptitude test
2. Group exercise
3. Management interview

C: Some kind of "flight grading" but done on a computer instead
of using an aircraft at Adelaide

Feel free to amend , just trying to figure out what the components are at
each step

1A - Cute test -
– monitoring ability
– spatial orientation
– complex control
– applied numeracy
– multi-tasking
– reaction speed
– work related behavior

1B - A 45 minute interview - personal and technical questions
and A multiple choice technical questionnaire (60 mins)

varundatta.hk
9th May 2017, 05:33
Varundatta.HK+Daniel Long

Found an updated setlist on what will be included on the initial test. You may have encountered it before but this website is genuine for practising I know someone that has used this website before and passed the first round
:
Cathay Pacific Pilot Interview and Assessment-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Cathay%20Pacific%20Pilot%20Interview%20and%20Assessment)

It may not be much but found the link to practice the inductive logical thinking section from cut-e itself just to get a taste of what to expect:

get_started (http://getstarted.cut-e.com/home/?modul=4CZCtzLof2NCWeToXq8L0g%3d%3d&theme=16peDn%2bPxEIKyLUqZjlX4Q%3d%3d)

My flight instructor before said that you really dont have to worry about passing the psycho-motrics sections of the test as CX wouldnt really care much about your ability's on either reacting with the keyboard or whatever. They just want to know whether you the ability to at least gather a score no matter how high or low. And besides you get to have a trial section before you do the real test. I did 1A before.

If you prefer though you can pay and practice if you want to play safe. But if you ask me, focus more on your maths and PHAK knowledge with accuracy and quick timing as that is what CX will heavily look into more rather than the other aspects of the initial tests. And practice more on the abstract reasoning/logical thinking as well.

Some of the stuff on the 1st link is good and some of it seems outdated imo.
The cute practice test seems useless... what are we practicing for the tests UI. Currently using skytest to practice. Hopefully that helps.
Did you do the 1A before with the compass test or the cute test?

cfdchan
9th May 2017, 06:56
Anyone applied CPP recently and got invitation for Stage 1A?

varundatta.hk
9th May 2017, 07:19
Thanks very much , just one further question

The 1B is basic aviation technical stuff , PPL etc

So we have moved on from 1A & 1B what is next then

2A (a) group exercise
(b) another aptitude test - those matrix things they seemed to love
(c) final interview

3 - Flight grading of some kind , but done on a computer

Again feel most welcome to correct the defects here

Yeah, 1B technical based on PHAK. See attachment above for chapters. and some company info.

I heard stage 2 consists of two group exercise.
One of them is done by the applicants by themselves and cathay observes. And one of them is a flight planning one where the applicants are helped by a FO and they need make a flight plan.

Then another technical interview, maybe this one is at more higher level the the 1B one imo.

I dont know if they still do the matrix test or the flight grading.
But if they put me in lvl d sim for a flight grading i'm ****** but hope fully its a atd of some kind.

varundatta.hk
9th May 2017, 07:20
Anyone applied CPP recently and got invitation for Stage 1A?
I have mine on the 18th and I know someone who has his on the 16th.

cfdchan
9th May 2017, 07:58
I have mine on the 18th and I know someone who has his on the 16th.

Thanks for your info. May I know when did you apply?
Submitted mine in mid-April and no news as yet.

mrpilothk
9th May 2017, 09:08

I had submitted on 18 april, no news atm too

nikiwantstofly
9th May 2017, 14:38
Hi everyone,

I am going to be having my initial assessment on 16 May.

Anyone else going on the same date?

FYI, I submitted my application on 10 April.

Thanks.

Niki

shutdo
10th May 2017, 01:34
Hi everyone,

I am going to be having my initial assessment on 16 May.

Anyone else going on the same date?

FYI, I submitted my application on 10 April.

Thanks.

Niki

I presume they got back to you 2 weeks after you submitted?
I submitted around the same time you did, which is on the 15 April, and I haven't heard anything since. :ugh:

nikiwantstofly
10th May 2017, 23:28
I presume they got back to you 2 weeks after you submitted?
I submitted around the same time you did, which is on the 15 April, and I haven't heard anything since. :ugh:

I heard back from them just a week ago. Dont worry. I think they are gathering up candidates together. You will heard back from them soon.

mrpilothk
15th May 2017, 15:11
I have appied on 18 april, anyone applied on the same day or after have got reply?

varundatta.hk
15th May 2017, 15:14
This Cut -e testing , is it done remotely (ie: at home) or in the CX building whilst being supervised ?

Also the flight grading done in a sim @ Cathay City

Perhaps these two changes are examples of trying to reduce costs''
You gotta go to Cathay City for the cut-e.

mmb327
17th May 2017, 18:35
Some of the stuff on the 1st link is good and some of it seems outdated imo.
The cute practice test seems useless... what are we practicing for the tests UI. Currently using skytest to practice. Hopefully that helps.
Did you do the 1A before with the compass test or the cute test?

I was on about the inductive logical thinking section on the practice page which is the third box/link. From what I gather, that section will be on the cut-e.

And I did the COMPASS version and passed it just before the new cut-e was introduced.

And good luck for your Initial A, just focus, pay good attention and you should be fine. :ok:

mmb327
17th May 2017, 18:38
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the Maths test, is it part of COMPASS? I read somewhere there used to be a separate test consisting of 33 questions to be completed in 30 mins, or something along those lines. Do they still do that?

You reckon the latest pilot job maths test would suffice?
Cheers!

The Maths test was included in the COMPASS program before, but from what I've seen the maths test may now be separate but not different in terms of what they would test you on.

I know someone that used that website before and passed the inital so should be helpful and useful.

The maths test on the COMPASS was 24 questions in a 20 minute limit. Not sure about the new one.

chermaine
17th May 2017, 23:37
Hi everyone,

Just wondering will you be able to re-apply for cpp again next year if you fail this year? Did anyone have this experience?
Because I have looked into cpp's website FAQ, they orginally had the question about re-applying but now it's gone.

Thanks everyone for your help!

chermaine
18th May 2017, 00:06
Hi Pandaman,
Ive been told that they won't consider applicants that have failed the Flight Grading. Are you allowed to reapply? My friend has failed last year and received an email from HR stating that he will not be reconsidered again. It would be great news if there are instances where failed flight graders can reapply!

Best of luck to you too! hopefully we can all be successful.
Cheers

Hi,
Just wonder which stage your friend failed? I am wondering whether they have changed about the policy about re application, thanks

Piper25
18th May 2017, 08:16
hello
anyone waiting for the 1B email?

feel free to drop me a message thanks

swonder
18th May 2017, 08:47
Hi,
I submitted my application (first time) to both CX and KA 2 weeks ago.
After reading through those information in the last few pages, I have some questions.

1) What is the Flight Grading? Is it done in flight simulator?
2) You guys mention cut-e test and skytest. As I looked into those websites, it is not free, you guys paid for them or tried the free practice test?
3) Concerning the technical questionnaire, it is similar to PPL or even CPL written test but just shorter period?

I hope someone can answer to them and eliminate my concerns. Thanks !

swonder
18th May 2017, 19:50
For those of you who have gone through stage 1a, did they make you sign the consent form before you took the cut-e test? What if you have done the test with KA, are they going to assess you based on that result? The thing is, I did the cut-e test with KA two weeks ago but I screwed it up. Didn't make it to the next stage. Now, thinking about reapplying for CX but realized that they use the same cut-e test, which is kinda surprising to me. I thought about not telling CX about the test but I fear they may find out later, assuming they use the same system. So I guess I am just trying to figure out how important the consent form is to them and whether or not they will still run a background check on you. Otherwise I'll be stuck in here.

Hi, could you tell me what type of cut-e test you had?
Thanks

swonder
19th May 2017, 19:39
swonder - What do you mean what type of cut-e test. As far as I am concerned, there's only one type of cut-e test,which is cut-e test itself. So, I don't quite understand the question.

I mean what kind of cut-e test.

Anyway, I receive invitation email from CX and the email mentions what type of cut-e tests will be covered

varundatta.hk
20th May 2017, 05:20
The Maths test was included in the COMPASS program before, but from what I've seen the maths test may now be separate but not different in terms of what they would test you on.

I know someone that used that website before and passed the inital so should be helpful and useful.

The maths test on the COMPASS was 24 questions in a 20 minute limit. Not sure about the new one.
20 questions in 16 Mins.
There are four area of the maths part which are percentage, rule of three, unit conversion and space and area

https://goo.gl/7Qiu8n

Letsfly777
21st May 2017, 08:52
HI guys, i am also applying and I was wondering if you know of any websites that can help?

swonder
21st May 2017, 11:45
Dear Swonder,

Would you share the type of tests used by Cut-e.
Many thanks

Someone posted it on page 356

swonder
21st May 2017, 11:47
HI guys, i am also applying and I was wondering if you know of any websites that can help?

There is an app called Skytest which can help you but it is paid. Actually, there are few free apps that provide similar training

manho
22nd May 2017, 04:58
CX has changed its computer base test for the first interview (Stage One A) and those tests can be found on LatestPilot.

For the Reaction Speed Test, does anyone know which level is the closest one to the one in the real test? I found the hard level one on LatestPilot is insanely fast.

varundatta.hk
22nd May 2017, 05:34
This

https://goo.gl/0S75lh

OR

https://goo.gl/SXx4hR

varundatta.hk
22nd May 2017, 05:38
Dear Swonder,

Would you share the type of tests used by Cut-e.
Many thanks
I wrote it a couple pages back...

– monitoring ability
– spatial orientation
– complex control
– applied numeracy
– multi-tasking
– reaction speed
– work related behavior

rainjune
22nd May 2017, 05:50

hey cfdchan, I too have applied in mid April with no news. It wasn't like this when I applied last year as it was quick before. I've been gathering info about the process from different people. PM me to share contacts.

rainjune
22nd May 2017, 06:00
For those of you who have gone through stage 1a, did they make you sign the consent form before you took the cut-e test? What if you have done the test with KA, are they going to assess you based on that result? The thing is, I did the cut-e test with KA two weeks ago but I screwed it up. Didn't make it to the next stage. Now, thinking about reapplying for CX but realized that they use the same cut-e test, which is kinda surprising to me. I thought about not telling CX about the test but I fear they may find out later, assuming they use the same system. So I guess I am just trying to figure out how important the consent form is to them and whether or not they will still run a background check on you. Otherwise I'll be stuck in here.

I don't think there is a consent form before taking the test but what I hear from different people is that you cannot take another cut-e test again , whether it was from cathay or dragon, after a year you've taken it. Like you said, they are ultimately the same company and would bound to share the same info. :{. Sucks that it has to be this way because back then if you fail one of them, you could still try the other.

swonder
23rd May 2017, 09:59

– monitoring ability
– spatial orientation
– complex control
– applied numeracy
– multi-tasking
– reaction speed
– work related behavior

I wonder if any website or app offer free monitoring ability practice

varundatta.hk
23rd May 2017, 12:49
Not that I know of.

catchingsky0529
24th May 2017, 05:44
You may take a look of LatestPilotJobs, they offer some tests, they charge though.

Try Harder
25th May 2017, 07:48
There is an app called Skytest which can help you but it is paid. Actually, there are few free apps that provide similar training

Would you mind sharing those free apps?
I have googled it but couldn't find anything similar except for the complex control and applied numeracy.

swonder
25th May 2017, 08:43
As only computer-based assessment is involved in 1A assessment, should candidates dress in business attire?

Wongwai09
25th May 2017, 09:32
As only computer-based assessment is involved in 1A assessment, should candidates dress in business attire?

I was in my suit either 1a and Ib as well

varundatta.hk
25th May 2017, 16:46
Indeed. Looks weird but everyone does so you must to.

iknow147963
26th May 2017, 09:07
Anyone will have 1B interview on 8 Jun?

Daace25
27th May 2017, 20:11
Are the unit conversion questions asking strictly going from metric-metric / imperial to imperial or are they mixed like metric to imperial?

swonder
1st Jun 2017, 09:10
For those who took 1A today, have you got email reply already?

By the way, the test is more tough than expected.

kman444
1st Jun 2017, 16:40

Not yet.
Did you get the result?

Daace25
2nd Jun 2017, 00:38

Care to elaborate?

swonder
2nd Jun 2017, 07:10
Care to elaborate?

There is a surprising section called situational behaviour. The level is higher than "difficult" in a paid app for monitoring ability, applied numeracy and reaction speed.

Daace25
2nd Jun 2017, 10:42
There is a surprising section called situational behaviour. The level is higher than "difficult" in a paid app for monitoring ability, applied numeracy and reaction speed.

Damn, how was that section like? Did they give you a scenario and ask you to rank what you would do?

shutdo
2nd Jun 2017, 10:49
What is the situational behaviour like? It is the one with a slider rating a statement?

swonder
2nd Jun 2017, 11:03
Damn, how was that section like? Did they give you a scenario and ask you to rank what you would do?

Quite similar but it is a sliding bar

triplepilot777
5th Jun 2017, 04:41
Anyone applied in April or May but still waiting for invitation?

hchan852
8th Jun 2017, 08:07
Anyone applied in April or May but still waiting for invitation?

I applied in May and no news so far

swonder
8th Jun 2017, 09:25
Anyone will take 1B on June 20th? Please share some tips

mmb327
8th Jun 2017, 21:09
Will anyone be willing and caring to shed light on the multiple choice questionnaire from the FAA book for cadets? Did people find it harder as they give you alot more to learn as compared to the old booklet they supplied?

And was the unit conversion just based on metric to metric or imperial to imperial or mixed?

TszChun.Anson
8th Jun 2017, 23:03

– monitoring ability
– spatial orientation
– complex control
– applied numeracy
– multi-tasking
– reaction speed
– work related behavior

Thanks very much for your info. May I confirm Skytest is still suitable after the change from COMPASS from Cut-E?

swonder
9th Jun 2017, 09:25
[QUOTE=mmb327;9796891]Will anyone be willing and caring to shed light on the multiple choice questionnaire from the FAA book for cadets? Did people find it harder as they give you alot more to learn as compared to the old booklet they supplied?

From my friend's experience last year, the questionnaire is like CPL standard.

swonder
9th Jun 2017, 09:27
Thanks very much for your info. May I confirm Skytest is still suitable after the change from COMPASS from Cut-E?

There is one more part called situational behaviour

Letsfly777
10th Jun 2017, 02:59
Thank you for that! I also found something that is really useful:

https://goo.gl/cwHVCd

I subscribed to latestpilotjobs and flightdeckinterviews and found the second one is better

Thanks so much again!

TszChun.Anson
10th Jun 2017, 10:59
There is one more part called situational behaviour

confirm the skytest assessments are still suitable except the lack of the new part?

varundatta.hk
10th Jun 2017, 16:11
confirm the skytest assessments are still suitable except the lack of the new part?

Yup. Just make sure you buy the asian one.

TszChun.Anson
12th Jun 2017, 12:41
Yup. Just make sure you buy the asian one.

confirm Pan-Asian Pilot Screenings one?

TszChun.Anson
13th Jun 2017, 09:13

– monitoring ability
– spatial orientation
– complex control
– applied numeracy
– multi-tasking
– reaction speed
– work related behavior

Just bought the Asia one. However I can't find these in the software except "monitoring ability"...

lph1117
17th Jun 2017, 15:12
Hello there, i am going to have my CX Stage 2 on 5th July. Is there anybody having that on the same day as me?

starbuckslatte
18th Jun 2017, 10:29
Anyone going for 1a on the 4th July

swonder
20th Jun 2017, 03:43
Hello there, i am going to have my CX Stage 2 on 5th July. Is there anybody having that on the same day as me?

I just finish my 1B today. What will be stage 2 about?

You can pm me for the information. Thanks

kman444
22nd Jun 2017, 07:59

Would you mind sharing what the MC test is about?(eg. difficulty level / types of question)
Many thanks!

cx238
26th Jun 2017, 11:52
Hi guys,

I failed the final computer based test last year. Anyone know which stage I will start again if I apply now (assuming they accept reapplication)? I am not sure how this goes with the new 1A selection in place.

Thanks

swonder
27th Jun 2017, 10:59
Would you mind sharing what the MC test is about?(eg. difficulty level / types of question)
Many thanks!

It is a kind of difficulty level close to CPL standard.
The scope is just limited to the few topics stated in their email

willofthed
1st Jul 2017, 09:55

Hey Varundatta, I have a PPL and have started to study from the PHAK. Did you find that the book has prepared you well for 1A? Also, I've read that they expect you to know since you are licensed, having completed a CPL and finishing the PHAK, do you think the book gives enough knowledge above PPL level?

cappres
2nd Jul 2017, 00:44
Hi all im new here. for those who have already done initial 1A. just wanna ask did you guys need to use a joystick and rudder pedal to do the test?

varundatta.hk
2nd Jul 2017, 15:40
Hey Varundatta, I have a PPL and have started to study from the PHAK. Did you find that the book has prepared you well for 1A? Also, I've read that they expect you to know since you are licensed, having completed a CPL and finishing the PHAK, do you think the book gives enough knowledge above PPL level?
If you treat the PHAK like a aviation bible it will give you all the info you need for PPL and CPL. and if you already have a PPL it will help you refresh your memory anyway.

varundatta.hk
2nd Jul 2017, 15:41
Hi all im new here. for those who have already done initial 1A. just wanna ask did you guys need to use a joystick and rudder pedal to do the test?
No stick or rudder. Those went away when the compass went.

willofthed
3rd Jul 2017, 07:34
If you treat the PHAK like a aviation bible it will give you all the info you need for PPL and CPL. and if you already have a PPL it will help you refresh your memory anyway.

I understand that a PPL won't be a bonus, but it won't be a barrier either since at the end of the day, everyone is trained from the beginning.

In terms of having a more realistic expectation/study plan, do you know how in depth the technical interview will go in terms of if they see that you are licensed, will they be asking CPL/ATPL questions?

I spoke with a couple of applicants and they did mention that they expect you to know your PPL material and your aircraft well, just not sure about their expectations of anything beyond that.

wkfung
3rd Jul 2017, 09:34
Hello. Nice to meet you all. This is my first time posting here.
May I once confirm is the "60 min technical test" included in the initial 1A selection with cut-e aptitude?

twtc941215
3rd Jul 2017, 17:20
Anyone else here having 1B in the next few weeks?

willofthed
4th Jul 2017, 07:27
Currently studying for my 1A, anyone interested in forming a study group, PM me.

TszChun.Anson
7th Jul 2017, 06:37

Starting with the basics...I wonder if PHAK's explanation of lift generation is correct. It has been a lot of debate on this topic, and the one used by PHAK seemed to be proven wrong by NASA. Up to this moment, I find the one considering airflow to be circular motion most accurate and acceptable...How do you guys think?

polarbear616
7th Jul 2017, 07:58
Will be in Hong Kong for short trip this month
interested in group study too
PM or WhatsApp
+1 408-914-1555

varundatta.hk
8th Jul 2017, 03:14
I understand that a PPL won't be a bonus, but it won't be a barrier either since at the end of the day, everyone is trained from the beginning.

In terms of having a more realistic expectation/study plan, do you know how in depth the technical interview will go in terms of if they see that you are licensed, will they be asking CPL/ATPL questions?

I spoke with a couple of applicants and they did mention that they expect you to know your PPL material and your aircraft well, just not sure about their expectations of anything beyond that.

Do you have a CPL or ATP? If you don't, then why are you worrying?
If you do, then congrats and welcome to the boat.

Just know your PPL material and the a/c you flew + the a/c you wanna fly with CX well and you'll be good. It not a checkride just a job interview.

varundatta.hk
8th Jul 2017, 03:17
Starting with the basics...I wonder if PHAK's explanation of lift generation is correct. It has been a lot of debate on this topic, and the one used by PHAK seemed to be proven wrong by NASA. Up to this moment, I find the one considering airflow to be circular motion most accurate and acceptable...How do you guys think?

I swear to god, if you say the NASA lift thing to a examiner he/she will fail ya!
Just read the PHAK. Don't overcomplicate matters.

TszChun.Anson
8th Jul 2017, 08:12
I swear to god, if you say the NASA lift thing to a examiner he/she will fail ya!
Just read the PHAK. Don't overcomplicate matters.

I mean, NASA states how PHAK explains lift generation is wrong. And the "circular motion of air" theory of lift is what I find more convincing and scientific.

Anyway, do you mean what I had better do is to just follow PHAK even though some concepts are different from other materials?

maazm
8th Jul 2017, 09:11
I wouldn't mind forming a study group mate! Add me on whatsapp 91419747

maazm
8th Jul 2017, 09:12
how long does cathay take to reply???

varundatta.hk
8th Jul 2017, 12:32
I mean, NASA states how PHAK explains lift generation is wrong. And the "circular motion of air" theory of lift is what I find more convincing and scientific.

Anyway, do you mean what I had better do is to just follow PHAK even though some concepts are different from other materials?
Yes, follow the PHAK.

twtc941215
13th Jul 2017, 05:57

Hi swonder, have you had your stage 2 yet?

Or know any of your mates that will be having stage 2 soon?

I am new here, cannot pm you, but u can contact me through mobile or whatsapp +85292886772

Natca
14th Jul 2017, 08:46
For those looking at joining - so upgrade just went above 5 years easily.

twtc941215
14th Jul 2017, 09:40
Anyone with STAGE2
on 21st August?

varundatta.hk
17th Jul 2017, 18:09
Hi everyone, does anyone know when Cathay might have another AE course? I see they're accepting applications, it would seem a waste if there's no intention in the imminent future...

I asked the in last month aviation career expo. They said no AE for another year or so. The have to many locals with no time to deal with.

Swswsw
20th Jul 2017, 03:50
Hello. Nice to meet you all. This is my first time posting here.
May I once confirm is the "60 min technical test" included in the initial 1A selection with cut-e aptitude?

Hello to All !

I will have my 1A on 7th Aug.

I also have the same question as above.

also, I want to confirm if there is any verbal and numerical questions in 1A ? I subscribed Latestpolitjobs.com for the assessment and I don't see there is any verbal and numerical questions involved.

Many Thanks !

Swswsw
20th Jul 2017, 07:44
Hi All,

I am attending 1A on 7th Aug. and I would like to see if anyone can tell me if there is any verbal questioning and numerical questioning in 1A ?

if there is none in 1A, are they any verbal and numerical questions during the whole process ?

the reason I am asking because I subscribed the assessment from Latestpilotjobs.com and it seems there is no verbal nor numerical questions in their 1A preparation.

thanks !

ccccchanjohnny
21st Jul 2017, 12:17
Hi anyone who's having stage 2 on 22nd aug? Please contact me through telegram :) many thanks !
https://t.me/aboywithdream

michaeltga
21st Jul 2017, 18:30
For those looking at joining - so upgrade just went above 5 years easily.

Hi Natca, can you further explain? thx

RLYVR
22nd Jul 2017, 04:18
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions related to the cadet program. I'm 21 years old and recently graduated with a diploma in Airport Operations, I'm extremely interested in applying for the cadet program as soon as possible however I need some information first.

1. I'm a Canadian born citizen with no ties to HK or China, is there any way I can apply for an HKID to qualify for the cadet program ?

2. I'm having difficulty differentiating between right of abode and HKID, I'm assuming they go hand in hand ?

3. If I cannot obtain the right of abode prior to application is there any other ways of successfully joining without going through the advanced entry program ?

Thanks kindly,
RLYVR

maazm
22nd Jul 2017, 11:02
The company has changed their policy on the type of pilots they use on long haul flights to save costs. It used to be 1 captain, 2 FO's and 1 SO's but now it is 1 Captan, 1 FO and 2 SO's. So they will look at hiring more SO's which would be good initially, however, promotion will take longer due to the fewer spots available for FO's on long haul flights.