PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

songlee435
22nd Oct 2015, 15:15
I have recently met a friend (From HK) who has barely completed his ATPL in US this month. He had an interview with CX some years ago and I didn't ask the reason why he couldn't get in afterwards. However he suggested me to complete a CPL before applying to CX. So I need some sincere feedback from those that have more experience than me.

I have a first class medical expiring next year, no license at hand at the moment, but only 10-15 hours more of training before getting my PPL. I am hoping to get a Instrument rating and perhaps multi engine as well. Both time and money are constraints in my situations, however, in your perspectives, would a PPL+IR+ME would be good enough for me to get into the Cadet Program? Or maybe PPL+IR only would be enough for me to try getting in ? Though CX requires no experience for CPP, given my limited resources and the only 1 shot chance, I know lots of other people will work hard to make it through the CPP? If i get a CPL, then of course my ground of competition will be in with all other applications in the AE program, will that significantly lower my chances of enrollment?

Humbly grateful for your time to read this thread and your valuable insights.

Droningek
24th Oct 2015, 00:25
vfr17R, Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. I might do that, I dont mind having the interview in HK. Seems like you applied yourself, I would like to know the process you went through, if that fine with you. Thanks again.

Airlan
26th Oct 2015, 04:05
Looking for people who will have stage 2 soon
Send me a msg if you or your frd are doing it:ok:

ALKC1007
26th Oct 2015, 09:49
Hi all,

Anyone else got invited to go flight grading on the coming 07-15 November 2015? If so, please PM me!

Thanks,

ALKC

Ivan254
27th Oct 2015, 17:50
Hi,

I'm wondering if some might be able to give me more info. Does anyone know how long the wait is from passing the medical to being invited for the flight grading in Adelaide? I went for my medical on 22nd September and passed it but still waiting to be called to Adelaide... How long does this whole process take?

Thank you

Ivan254
28th Oct 2015, 17:41
Hi all,

Anyone else got invited to go flight grading on the coming 07-15 November 2015? If so, please PM me!

Thanks,

ALKC

How long did you have to wait to be notified about flight grading?

Swatkat
29th Oct 2015, 07:57
Hi is there anyone else on the 16th Nov course at FTA. It would be good to get to know each other and catch up before we get there. PM me with your details.

FR_A
29th Oct 2015, 12:09
I am doing the final interview for the transition training soon and would like to know if anybody has feedback for me?
Please PM me! thanks a lot!

pilotwannabehk
30th Oct 2015, 06:40
songlee435 (http://www.pprune.org/members/451181-songlee435)
CPL is not needed for CPP.
Many cadets got it without licenses.
Some CPL holders with HKID still applied CPP, not AE.

Maybe you should apply CPP first if you are well prepared.
Save time and money

songlee435
2nd Nov 2015, 02:49
pilotwannabehk

Thank you for your advice and I understand that some candidates do make it into the CPP even though they have no licenses at hands. To maximize my chances getting in the CPP of course licenses and rating will be a plus, and also need to do well in the compass test, but other than that, what am I concerning the most is after spending that much money, all I got from CX is a no, sorry you are out. Is there any thing else that I can do to make myself a better candidate in the eyes of examiners during the interview?

Once again thank you for your insights!

pilotwannabehk
2nd Nov 2015, 05:01
You can do a lot to increase your chance
such as get few flying hours, join HKYAA/DACP/AAEP, do some volunteer work.
If you show the passion and attributes in the interview, your chance is quite high.
Focus on packaging your aviation story and learn to think positively and practically.

If you cannot ensure the seat even with CPL, why don't you give a go before you go to get your CPL license.

MexicanFlyer
3rd Nov 2015, 11:55
Hello everybody,

I've been reading through several pages of this Cathay Pacific recruitment, but I am not sure to have found answer to this questions.

Currently I am flying B737 but under 500hrs and I just applied to the AE Scheme.

I just would like to know from some of you:

Does everybody is getting an answer, either positive or negative before the interview?

How long more or less does it takes to get an answer from them?

I know there are lots of applications, but I would just like to have an overview of what is going on more or less.

Thanks a lot for your help and wish you all success. :O

alittlegirl
4th Nov 2015, 07:01
Hi Aiden,

Congratulation!!:D:D:D:D:D

May I have your study materials? :O

email: [email protected]

Thanks for your kindly help!

pilotwannabehk
6th Nov 2015, 12:39
who is going to hv Stage two on 14/12

Plz pm me or send a email to

[email protected]

Cathay77W
6th Nov 2015, 14:01
Hello! I'm also attending stage 2 on this date. Please get in touch! :)

Email: [email protected]

Regards,
Cathay77W

who is going to hv Stage two on 14/12

Plz pm me or send a email to

[email protected]

tipsywacky
8th Nov 2015, 03:05
Hey guys,
I saw a flyer saying there is a recruitment day event on Nov 20th 2015 for Cathay cadet pilot program. Have anyone seen it? Does any know where to register for it online?

Thanks.

joedabro
9th Nov 2015, 01:50
Hey all,

My name is Joseph and I'm new to the forum.

I am a 21yo Hong Kong born Canadian, currently living in Toronto. I'm currently sitting at 280 + hours with an Instructor Rating, CPL, Group 1 Instrument and about to write my IATRA this week....

Anyways, I applied to the AE program a couple days ago and I was wondering if you guys know approximately how long it takes to get an invitation for interview.

Don't really want to be the guy who sits here for answers but I really wish I had the time to go through this whole forum from the start lol.

Thanks

MIQ
9th Nov 2015, 16:44
Joseph, it took approximately 2 months for me to get a response from Cathay. I have a feeling it depends on when they're planning on doing their interviews in Canada. I may be mistaken but I believe they have certain periods in certain countries during which they do initial interviews.

joedabro
9th Nov 2015, 16:57
Hey MIQ, thanks for your reply.

I actually put my initial interview preference to be HK since I'll be there from Christmas time to mid february. I was hoping to get at least the first interview in during this time so I don't waste this ticket going there.

Hopefully I didn't submit my application too late and this works out.. :ugh:

Posterizing
9th Nov 2015, 20:21
Hey all,

My name is Joseph and I'm new to the forum.

I am a 21yo Hong Kong born Canadian, currently living in Toronto. I'm currently sitting at 280 + hours with an Instructor Rating, CPL, Group 1 Instrument and about to write my IATRA this week....

Anyways, I applied to the AE program a couple days ago and I was wondering if you guys know approximately how long it takes to get an invitation for interview.

Don't really want to be the guy who sits here for answers but I really wish I had the time to go through this whole forum from the start lol.

Thanks

I think your best bet would be to change your applicaion to ab initio. You'll probably not get any replies for ae cuz from what ive heard is that theres an internal requirement for ae candidates to have 500+ hours and a current flying job to be considered. Just call cathay flight recruitment and ask them to change your application for you.

matthewlauyh
11th Nov 2015, 01:35
Hi,
Wondering if anyone is going to attend the 1A exercise for CPP on 23/Nov. If so, why not email me or leave your contact number so we can come out and get ready for it?

Thanks
Matthewlauyh

4realman
13th Nov 2015, 09:51
Hi I just submitted my application 2 weeks ago,still haven't got any email yet.
Wondering how long does it take for them to send you an email?
THX

joedabro
14th Nov 2015, 04:52
So I submitted my application for AE last saturday Nov 7th and they replied with an invitation on Nov 10th. They gave me cadet program stage 1 for Dec 1st in HK but I can't make it due to school commitments.:{ They followed up by saying they don't have a schedule for later interview dates but will send me an invitation once they get it. Anyone know how long I can expect this next interview date to be? Jan, Feb, 3 months, half a year? Any ideas?

ricepicker
14th Nov 2015, 05:00
Hi guys,

If anyone is doing their 2A on the 15th December, shoot me a message and we can study together :ok:

Thales Coelho
16th Nov 2015, 03:41
Hi all

Brazilian, CPL/ME/IR, Flight Instructor Licence, ICAO Lvl 5, 280TT, Aeronautics Sciences bachelor degree, Jet Trainer (Similar to european MCC). Do I have any real chances to get an AE opportunity?

I have a perception that Aussies and Europeans (mainly Brittains) are preferred by CX.

joedabro
16th Nov 2015, 03:50
Hey Thales,

I have almost the identical qualifications as you but with an HKID. Applied AE last week and they responded me with an invitation to ab - initio cadet 1A. I gave them a call and they told me they were looking for 500 hours + for the AE .

rodrigues
16th Nov 2015, 06:01
Was unfortunately unsuccessful in Stage 1, and received the '6 month' e-mail. What is the likelihood that active recruitment for AE will be continuing next year, circa April/May?

I know this year, the interim 2015 report stated 340 pilot's for this year, but am not sure where recruitment will sit for next year. Truly hoping I'll have a second opportunity, particularly knowing where I fell short. Thanks in advance.

bose1
18th Nov 2015, 06:59
Hi rodrigues,

do you mind sharing where you fell short in the interview? was it in melbourne?

Thales Coelho
19th Nov 2015, 02:26
Just to kill a doubt... all the ways to enter the program (ab-initio, advanced entry, etc) are only availabel for HKID holders?

Joedabro, thx for your info! So +500TT for AE will be very hard!

morris0218
19th Nov 2015, 15:25
Hi Aiden,

Huge congratulations!

May I have your study materials as well? Did you use Ace pilot technical interview? Really interested how did you prepare for the aptitude test!

Big thanks to you!!

Wack0
19th Nov 2015, 19:04
One of the users here suggested latestpilotjobs.com.

I admit, I was lazy and somewhat time constraint and was assuming going to a pay site will in some way make my life easier.

I would NOT recommend this sit e to ANYONE.

They don't have ONE question that was not found on the forums or the first 3 google search results. Some of the questions are provided by incorrect answers, others have vague yes, no type answers. A lot the questions say they need to be answered with your own experience... but the questions are technical, not experience related.

It seems to me that at least some of the questions were answered by searching forums and literally cutting and pasting the answers from the forums.

Also posted this in another post for reference.

pilotwannabehk
20th Nov 2015, 00:32
Who will have stage two on 14/12?
Please contact us via email
[email protected]

pilotwannabehk
20th Nov 2015, 00:33
Wack0

Lastestpilotjob is useful for compass test

LamWING
23rd Nov 2015, 02:53
I am gonna have my stage one interview too. Anyone here ar based in hong kong and would like to join a regular study group :) please feel free to inbox me .

panadolzero
26th Nov 2015, 03:56
recently get invited to stage 1a..pls inbox me if anyone with the same goal that would like to join the study group

LamWING
26th Nov 2015, 08:27
Hi Aiden,

Huge congratulations!

May I have your study materials as well? Did you use Ace pilot technical interview? Really interested how did you prepare for the aptitude test!

Big thanks to you!!
Ace ar not good for CPP.

joedabro
28th Nov 2015, 02:53
Hey panadolzero, I'm not sure how to use the inbox function but I'm interested in joining the study group.

Thanks!

LamWING
29th Nov 2015, 01:48
Everyone feel free to join this study groupp....ICAO And HR Interview preparation - I’m attending a Meetup with FlyUpHigh@dream catchers http://meetu.ps/2QZ1RB

morris0218
5th Dec 2015, 17:22
What would you recommend :)

thx for replying:ok:

KleinKwok
9th Dec 2015, 15:40
This is for those who have already COMPLETED the initial A for Cathay - How well did you have to do (average) to be accepted to Initial B?

joedabro
10th Dec 2015, 03:01
For those who have completed 1A recently for CPP, are they still asking physics questions? If so, what are some of the harder equations we have to know?

Thanks!

KleinKwok
17th Dec 2015, 10:14
Dunhill,

Congrats on progressing to stage 2!

I'm doing my 1A on 5th Jan. Was wondering if you had any advice, if there is anything in particular I should study, and how well do you have to do to pass to 1B

Thank you!

Posterizing
18th Dec 2015, 07:43
For those who have completed 1A recently for CPP, are they still asking physics questions? If so, what are some of the harder equations we have to know?

Thanks!

All you need to know is simple stuff like distance/time is speed etc.

AntonyWilliam
19th Dec 2015, 02:15
Hey guys im new to this! Been reading the thread for a while and was wondering how long it took people currently to get invited for their first interview.

yayaching
22nd Dec 2015, 09:28
Hi everyone,

I would like to form an intensive study group in HK Island side for those who aim to apply the cadetship in 2016. We will meet at least 3 times per week and study and discuss the topics (Including JKI, BAK, others etc). Not only book knowledge, we will practice interview question and other related field tgt as well!

Please leave your email if you are interested. :)

barronpixy
28th Dec 2015, 14:14
Anyone doing stage 2 on 12 Jan 2016? we are gathering the group for practicing Group Exercise as we are on the same date. Please leave your contacts if you want to do this together.

whyblue
28th Dec 2015, 17:50
Hi guys,

I would like to form a study group based in Hong Kong.

Anyone who aim to be cadet pilot through CPP are welcomed! We will prepare together everything needed for the interview.

Please feel free to contact if you are interested.

yys
28th Dec 2015, 21:54
Hi yayaching,
I am interested and just sent you my email address, please check;)

2ranger
1st Jan 2016, 15:12
You are becoming quite famous. Haha!! Please include me n the list of addressees to send the revision materials to.
[email protected]

Thanks so much and Best of Luck for your continued success in the later CX tests and interviews.

harry1990hk
1st Jan 2016, 15:50
Hi yayaching,
I am interested to join the study group and I have sent you my email please check;)

Chris1120
4th Jan 2016, 13:37
Submitted my application on 30 Dec and got the interview invitation the day after. 1A scheduled on 20 Jan.

Anyone doing that on the same day?

Dflow
4th Jan 2016, 16:43
Hello This is Dan..

Just heard about you are forming a study group for the coming cadet ...

I'm new and I would like to try to do this thing in this year.. so if possible please let me know :)

harry1990hk
4th Jan 2016, 22:59
Hi all I am a final year student who planned to apply CPP in this year so I would like to form an intensive study group for preparing stuff related to tech, hr interview, group exercise... For those who are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me

e-mail: [email protected]

wun7too
6th Jan 2016, 11:10
Heres a website for some people interested in HR skills before any of the CX stages, www.aviations.net. They have helped with some Cadets at all levels in a number of areas and worth a look. All done via FaceTime online, so works effectively anywhere in the world. Was helpful with some guys recently in some very remote areas that normally wouldn't have face to face access with these resources.

Jayjazz
6th Jan 2016, 13:28
Hi all, I am new here and just failed on 1a...., may I know is it everyone got a so called 6 mths email or some of them will get 1 year email ? thanks :sad::sad::sad:

HunGJaI
7th Jan 2016, 02:54
Anyone got the info from Aiden wants to share it?

please email me at [email protected]

Posterizing
10th Jan 2016, 09:35
Anyone got the info from Aiden wants to share it?

please email me at [email protected]

To be honest all the "notes" that youd need for preparation can be found/ bought easily.

pilotwannabehk
10th Jan 2016, 14:38
totally agree with you

KennethTsui
13th Jan 2016, 14:02
Anyone of you are going to have stage 2 in the mid of February 2016?
Please pm me : )

BYRUUENNO
14th Jan 2016, 13:40
hey I am interested in joining the group and below is my email as well as whatsapp
[email protected] / 61918983

cachan0505
14th Jan 2016, 14:14
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and would love to form study group with anyone aiming for application in 2016! Please feel free to pm me so we can work out the schedule. :)

L'aviateur
15th Jan 2016, 07:02
I noticed the website states 250 hours for advanced entry, but I received the following from Cathay stating 500 hours. Also, would having an IR then over qualify you or is it not an issue?

Cadet Pilot Programme - (55 week course) - minimum entry requirements
Must hold a Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
Minimum 18 years of age
Successful completion of secondary school with good passes in Maths & Science or a Degree/Diploma in any discipline or all ATPL Theory Subjects
Fluent spoken & written English
Work experience commensurate with age
Genuine interest in aviation
The minimum height of a Cadet Pilot applicant for consideration is 157.5cm.

Second Officer Advanced Entry Programme - (30 week course) - minimum entry requirements
An ICAO Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) (obtained without exemptions or conversions)
Minimum of 500 hours total time with 15 hours flight time gained over the past 6 months
Experience commensurate with age
Hold a current Class One Medical
Must meet flight deck reach requirements

Second Officer Transition Training Programme - (6 week course) - minimum entry requirements
An ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's Licence (ATPL) (obtained without exemptions or conversions)
Hold a Valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating
2000 hours fixed wing with a minimum of 500 hours in a Piston Twin with a MTOW greater than 2000 KG
Experience commensurate with age
A current Class One Medical
Must meet flight deck reach requirements
Preference will be given to pilots with more than 500 hours experience on certified multi crew pressurized, turbine powered transport aircraft greater than 5700 kg.

Nicolaas900816
18th Jan 2016, 16:20
If there are any South Africans in this programme or who are flying for Cathay (be it SO, FO, captain), would you please be so kind to PM me. I would just like to ask a few questions.:O

Thanks in advance

wantobe
20th Jan 2016, 05:44
320 this year

WilfredW
20th Jan 2016, 09:10
Hi all this is Wil, I am new here
I am going to apply the CPP next month
I am interested to join the study group
Here is my email : [email protected]

ROKVIATOR
20th Jan 2016, 20:14
Hi guys! I am a newbie here talking about cathay pacific. Just wondering how do they classify you if you hold the ATPL frozen ( with ME+IR, CPL and MCC ) and 250 hours of total flight time.

Do you have to pay the course or is it a sponsorship?

If you actually success and go into the cadet programme, once you have achieved all the requirements ( supposing you'll do ) in there, will you join the cia as a second officer with future options of being promoted as first / captain...?

Thanks you very much for your attention.

Felim
21st Jan 2016, 06:35
Hi, anyone got invited on 27th Jan, 2016 for CCP? thank you.

Posterizing
21st Jan 2016, 14:54
Hi guys! I am a newbie here talking about cathay pacific. Just wondering how do they classify you if you hold the ATPL frozen ( with ME+IR, CPL and MCC ) and 250 hours of total flight time.

If you actually success and go into the cadet programme, once you have achieved all the requirements ( supposing you'll do ) in there, will you join the cia as a second officer with future options of being promoted as first / captain...?

If you dont have a flying job and 500hrs, youre still gonna be ab initio.

ROKVIATOR
21st Jan 2016, 17:51
I think there's a huge difference between the real LIFE and what you can read about their ideal training schedule on their OWN WEBSITE... what is more, i am pretty sure that you have read information that diverges as you reach their company and you notice its not like you imagined. ( if that makes sense ).

Anyway, thanks for the arrogance :D

KennethTsui
23rd Jan 2016, 03:27
Please contact me if you are going to do stage 2 on 15 Feb

Posterizing
23rd Jan 2016, 09:55
Nah they wont disqualify you for ab initio even if you meet the minimum AE requirements, but true that they would if you dont have a HKID.

Bueno Hombre
24th Jan 2016, 09:32
There are Permanent HKID holders available for interview, possibly suitable candidates, but CX, without proper explanation, have declined to invite for interview.

joedabro
24th Jan 2016, 15:44
Hey Kenneth,

I have stage 2 on feb 15 as well! Whoever has stage 2 on the same day please send me a whatsapp at +1 6477010923! (Canadian number but I'm in HK)

Joseph

Posterizing
24th Jan 2016, 17:27
well you cant expect them to interview everyone with a HKID can you? lol

spc98075c
28th Jan 2016, 04:56
I will be applying for CPP later in the year.

My email is [email protected]

If there is any interview material that you are willing to share with me or any study group, please contact me through email.

Thanks

faifai
29th Jan 2016, 17:58
I would like to join a study group and I plan to apply interview on June. I have read several reference book and had a trial flight experience. I like to have a group that will have regular meetings. Thanks.
My email: [email protected]

germancar
2nd Feb 2016, 06:02
Hi,
We have formed a small group out of the 1a test dated on 19 Jan. We have missed a few guys here, if you are one of them n would like to join please drop me a message. Cheers~:O

arki727
3rd Feb 2016, 00:19
Hi All,

This is Alex. I like to apply Cathay cadet pilot this year. Can I know if any study group I can join into? I am reading some textbooks and plan to have test flying in ADL around March to May.

I can be contacted at arki727(at)gmail.com

Regards,
Alex

norman529
4th Feb 2016, 10:48
Please send me an email at [email protected] i would love to join your study group! :)
- Norman

chikin910
17th Feb 2016, 11:46
Looking for candidates who has passed the Stage 2 interview in mid Feb (just few days ago), and will do medical tmr or have alrdy done today.

Please pm. I am going for medical tmr. We may prepare FG together.
Cheers

lungvhhh
18th Feb 2016, 14:47
Anyone going to have Stage 2 on 7th March?
Will be good to meet and prepare before that day.
Contact me please.

jchung
20th Feb 2016, 03:33
Hey guys,
I'm new as well.
Planning to apply to CPP soon.
Looking to join a study group please. [email protected]

HaydenC
21st Feb 2016, 03:47
Hey Lungvhhh

I am doing stage 2 on the same date as well.
Can you PM me?
Let me know if you find difficulty in reaching me.
thanks!

Cheers

sidmani
21st Feb 2016, 04:46
Hi bro!
i am applying for the same and currently i m working on my application. can you please tell me how was your experience? like what happened after submitting the application?
Thank You!

Posterizing
21st Feb 2016, 17:10
like what happened after submitting the application?

You wait for your interviews lol

scotthtc
22nd Feb 2016, 08:05
Hi Yayaching,

Interested in joining your study group. I've gone through a BAK textbook and currently I'm taking the basic training course in ADL. Planning to apply CPP In March or early April. Please let me know if you've still got a space in your study group. My email is [email protected] and whatsapp is +852 9806 2331.

Scott

cron17
3rd Mar 2016, 05:10
HI everyone,
i also wanna join the study group.
please add my email: [email protected]

Thanks!

brian1000
6th Mar 2016, 15:19
HI! I am planning to apply later this year and I am lloking for a study group, my email is [email protected] thank you.

KafiahFly
8th Mar 2016, 01:25
Hey there,

I just wanted to see if there are any fellow candidates they have stage 2 on April 11 and would want to meet up and study .

email me at [email protected]

giuliohck
9th Mar 2016, 00:14
Hey there,

I just wanted to see if there are any fellow candidates they have stage 2 on April 11 and would want to meet up and study .

email me at [email protected]

when did you apply and when was your stage 1? thanks

adrian1206
9th Mar 2016, 01:36
Hi guys! I just received an interview invitation for 1A on 22 March, is anyone going on the same day and would like to meet each other? Thnx :-)

jip26
9th Mar 2016, 02:44
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is still true? If I apply with more than 10 hours I will be treated as an advanced candidate and it makes the entire interview process harder?

giuliohck
9th Mar 2016, 04:05
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is still true? If I apply with more than 10 hours I will be treated as an advanced candidate and it makes the entire interview process harder?
Well, since you have 10hrs, they will expect a bit more during the interview for sure. But I think the part that will be completely different is the flight grading

jip26
9th Mar 2016, 14:01
thanks. I am flying and studying now, I will try to keep it under 10 hours then!

KafiahFly
9th Mar 2016, 22:18
giuliohck, I applied in Feb and stage 1 was Feb 23rd.

giuliohck
10th Mar 2016, 02:27
wow, that was quick. I am planning to apply in May, so I was trying to figure out how long did it take to wait for stage 1. Thanks for replying, good luck!

cfdchan
12th Mar 2016, 12:17
gonna have 1b on monday,
anyone knows if its only hr interview or both hr and technical?

dannyhknt
13th Mar 2016, 19:05
hey guys, I would like to apply the programme in late March. Does anybody do so? Also, does anybody want to form a study group and my email is [email protected]

Pehon
15th Mar 2016, 02:37
Hi guys! I just received an interview invitation for 1A on 22 March, is anyone going on the same day and would like to meet each other? Thnx :-)

Hi Adrian, can I check when did you submit your application? I want to get a sense of how long I would be waiting for a reply. I submitted my application in the first week of March 2016

tipsywacky
15th Mar 2016, 02:39
Hi all, I just put an email list together and send you guys an email for study group.

If anyone else who didn't receive my email, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I will put you on the list.

For the prep, I am not sure if we need to invest in that many things.
The cathay handbook and google is pretty sufficient in my opinion and maybe get a BAK.

We do need to prep for compass test.

Anyway, hope to see you guys soon for the studying group.

adrian1206
16th Mar 2016, 06:07
Hi Adrian, can I check when did you submit your application? I want to get a sense of how long I would be waiting for a reply. I submitted my application in the first week of March 2016
@Pehon Hello :-) I got the reply 2 days after I have submitted my application. It was quicker than expected.

Pehon
16th Mar 2016, 13:54
@Pehon Hello :-) I got the reply 2 days after I have submitted my application. It was quicker than expected.

Wow that's really fast I hope to hear from them soon.

mike2004m2003
17th Mar 2016, 04:03
Anyone having stage 2 interview around 12 April, please feel free to PM me .
Lets's meet up to study for it!

HaydenC
18th Mar 2016, 02:51
Looking for candidates who has passed the Stage 2 interview in mid Feb (just few days ago), and will do medical tmr or have alrdy done today.

Please pm. I am going for medical tmr. We may prepare FG together.
Cheers

Hi chikin can you PM me?

JJPrum
21st Mar 2016, 10:05
I have done Lasik a few years ago, is it okay with CX?

(on cx page, it said "Refractive eye surgery such as LASIK is not recommended by Cathay Pacific Airways as a means to correcting vision for purposes of holding a Pilot’s licence.)

So does it mean if I can get a class 1 medical, that's ok?

thanks!

pilotwannabehk
22nd Mar 2016, 02:49
JJPrum (http://www.pprune.org/members/445513-jjprum) It is ok

Kunalw
24th Mar 2016, 09:39

Hi Rockviator
Did you put in an application for the CPP program yet? I am asking this as i have the exact same qualifications as you

Kunalw
25th Mar 2016, 01:44
Anyone having stage 2 interview around 12 April, please feel free to PM me .
Lets's meet up to study for it!
@mike2004m2003
Do you mind sharing with me the questions you were asked in stage 1B interview, please email me at [email protected]
Thks!

tsesindy
25th Mar 2016, 11:44
Hey guys, I just received an AB-Initio interview from CX on Wed, and it will be held on 12 Apr in HK, has anyone received it too and will be great to study together :)

icecoldAV8R
25th Mar 2016, 16:23
Does anyone know which of these are only for a cadet (w/ less than 10 hrs) and if all of these are required for AE in stage 2?

Stage 2: Group exercise, Flight Planning assessment, Professional Profile, Aptitude test, and interview

I'm not sure, but I hear that group exercise and flight planning aren't tested on cadets - only on AE (in which AE has to do all that's required above in stage 2).. Again not sure that's why i'm asking.. Cheers!

Posterizing
27th Mar 2016, 20:32
Does anyone know which of these are only for a cadet (w/ less than 10 hrs) and if all of these are required for AE in stage 2?

Stage 2: Group exercise, Flight Planning assessment, Professional Profile, Aptitude test, and interview

I'm not sure, but I hear that group exercise and flight planning aren't tested on cadets - only on AE (in which AE has to do all that's required above in stage 2).. Again not sure that's why i'm asking.. Cheers!

Youre getting it pretty mixed up.
The cadet stage 2 consists of both the group exercise and the flight planning (and ofcourse the technical interview) but not the aptitude test. The apt test is done back in 1A.
Im not sure about AE but according to the AE guys that ive chatted with, they did their Apt test back in their stage 1 either back in their home country or what not. Then their stage 2 is split into 2 days. First day 747 sim and group exercise, 2nd day technical interview, medical and ICAO english. (dont trust me completely on my AE info lol)

Kunalw
28th Mar 2016, 11:02
Has anyone completed stage 1A and 1B recently for the CPP program please PM or email me

[email protected]
Thks

Posterizing
29th Mar 2016, 22:51
Dont think this is the new type of interview, its been like this for quite some time. I also believe the group exercise has always been in stage 2 instead of initial A. (I did the interview you mentioned plus the group exercise during stage 2)

cx238
30th Mar 2016, 11:34
Hi guys,

I recently updated my cadet application. I failed stage 2 one year ago.

Does anyone of you know whether I will need to start from 1a again, or possibily to jump straight to stage 2?

How long does it usually take for them to invite you for interview?
It took 4 working days last year for 1a invitation. However, it has been more than a week already, I still haven't heard anything from them, hope is not like "never reconsider".

Thanks

nondirectbacon
1st Apr 2016, 04:49
I failed my stage 2 in Nov14. Planning to apply again.
Gonna apply in late April or early May.
Kindly give me a PM if interested to form a study group.

Cheers!

flynatc
1st Apr 2016, 15:09
Anyone attending stage 2 interview on May 23? please email me [email protected] =]

nondirectbacon
1st Apr 2016, 16:45
Anyone attending stage 2 interview on May 23? please email me [email protected] =]

When did you submit your application and how long you waited for this date?

Thanks

songlee435
1st Apr 2016, 17:30
I have not been to this place for a while but I am planning to submit my application after completing Private with Multi instrument add on. Are there any one here that are planning to submit the application around that time frame? It would be great to start from zero together

Jacobli
5th Apr 2016, 10:26
Anyone attending cpp initial a on 19/4???

matt0905
6th Apr 2016, 06:25
Hi everyone,

Anyone having stage 1A interview on 20 April, please feel free to PM me .

cachan0505
6th Apr 2016, 16:13
I failed my stage 2 in Nov14. Planning to apply again.
Gonna apply in late April or early May.
Kindly give me a PM if interested to form a study group.

Cheers!
Hi NDB, not sure why im not able to pm you but i'm interested to join you for a study group. Please reach me via [email protected]

hkdixonhk
8th Apr 2016, 20:20
did anyone apply this week?

kwchengae
9th Apr 2016, 08:16
I applied on 8th April

HaydenC
10th Apr 2016, 09:56
Anyone going for flight grading in May?

UnaMas
11th Apr 2016, 03:08
Hey guys, passed the TT selection in Nov 2015 and was given a start date of August 2016, now it looks like Jan 2017... Anyone else in the same boat or have any info?

Kunalw
12th Apr 2016, 13:19
to kwchengae

did you get a reply from cathay yet? I applied on March 18 still no reply.

cx238
12th Apr 2016, 21:57
Kunalw,

Worth giving them a call and ask politely. They do usually tell you whether you are still in screening process or not.

adrian1206
13th Apr 2016, 07:44
has anyone finished initial b recently and been waiting for stage 2? :-)

kenchan94
13th Apr 2016, 14:20
is anyone doing 1a on May 09?

KafiahFly
15th Apr 2016, 12:18
Anyone going for flight grading in May?
Have you made it passed Stage 2 and received a date in May for flight grading ?

insanes
16th Apr 2016, 03:02
who has 1a this week?

bluebagboy
19th Apr 2016, 01:21
Hello,
I'm looking for a study group preparing for cpp but here seems to be a bit quite recently, wonder if there's anyone want new people in their group or form a new group, PM me plz. :)

HaydenC
19th Apr 2016, 09:03
Have you made it passed Stage 2 and received a date in May for flight grading ?

Hey there, yes. Are you going for FG in May as well? Or you know anyone who would do the same?

adrian1206
19th Apr 2016, 11:08
Hi guys. I have finished 1B 10 days ago and still haven't received anything from them. I wonder if I'm simply missed out from the list or I'm still in the screening process...
So actually, did anyone finish 1B recently and receive a stage 2 offer? How long did it take in your case?
..should I call them for clarification?

adrian1206
21st Apr 2016, 08:09
Hi minger,
the 1B interview is basically all about the personal and company information. not much technical if I remember correctly. Just be sure that you could recall something to say about your recent life ;) they are quite interested in it.

Kunalw
22nd Apr 2016, 15:55
Adrain 1206,

My name is kunal, i am interested in the questions you have got asked in stage 1B recently, can you please email me at [email protected] , i would appreciate your input snd help
Thks!

zarahome
22nd Apr 2016, 16:48
Who has Stage two in between 23 to 25 please PM me

adrian1206
23rd Apr 2016, 02:11
Who has Stage two in between 23 to 25 please PM me
Hi Zarahome! I will have stage 2 on 25 May :-) Please send me an email for contact. I hope we could prepare for the group exercise before we get there!

adrian1206
23rd Apr 2016, 02:15
Adrain 1206,

My name is kunal, i am interested in the questions you have got asked in stage 1B recently, can you please email me at [email protected] , i would appreciate your input snd help
Thks!
Hello Kunal!
The questions are mainly on your personal life and Cathay's company information. Don't be so stressful about it, as long as you know well about yourself and the company, it should not matter a lot.

adrian1206
24th Apr 2016, 09:56
Hey Zarahome! Thank you for the message. But I couldn't reply to you. Do you mind sending me your whatsapp number thru email so I can reach you? ty :-)

pilotwannabehk
25th Apr 2016, 06:49
Skype meeting

Any oversea pilotwannabes(cadet pilot only) would like to join Skype meetings to share info or practice together?

Please send your contact(whatsapp will be gd) to [email protected]

CKLA128
26th Apr 2016, 10:16
Hi I have been reading this thread constantly for the past two days.

One thing that does not seem to be covered is how much does CX care about your grades in University? They asked for my university transcript for initial B but I do not have strong grades. School was not my passion. I have good passes in high school math/science subjects but average to below average grades in University... How will this affect me?

shuttleCDR
27th Apr 2016, 09:49
Hello all,
Anyone interested in group study pls give me a shout. Thanks !
(Abit abt myself, I'm an aerospace engineering graduate with just a little flying experience.(I'm quite green so any "level" can join)
Wtsapp:+852 51225447

Looking forward to you ! Stay safe.

ISAACCCC
28th Apr 2016, 10:31
Hello everyone,
I graduated from local HK Uni and see if I can join a group study. :)
Wtsapp:+614 12130937
I have finished 30% of Bak only at the moment.

jackforrest
5th May 2016, 03:17
Hey guys,

Out of pure curiosity, what's the longest anyone has been applying before getting the chance for an Interview?

I initially applied in July 2012, and have been updating my application ever since (every now and then as I gain more useful experience as a CFI).

Also, for anyone applying through the SO Position (with at least a CPL and 250H Req), what sort of experience did you have upon being called in?

insanes
5th May 2016, 05:24
Hi anyone schedule for stage 2 in June?

OhISee123
5th May 2016, 09:36
Hi guys is anyone having their stage 2 interview on the 20th June? please pm me asap I'll add you to the whatsapp grp:) tks

matt0905
5th May 2016, 10:05
Hi anyone schedule for stage 2 in June?
Hi insanes, I will have my stage 2 in June as well.

Please send your contact to [email protected]

Thanks!

cx238
9th May 2016, 19:39
Hi all,

I will have my stage 2 on 21st June. Please feel free to send me a msg if you wish.

Cheers

Nicolaas900816
14th May 2016, 08:12
My stage 2 is on 16-17 June. Feel free to add me to a Whatsapp group and I will share my experience. (+27) o82 o83 9293.

KafiahFly
15th May 2016, 19:27
Hey there, yes. Are you going for FG in May as well? Or you know anyone who would do the same?
Hey Hayden,

hey want email me at [email protected]

I received a date for flight grading may 7- 15th but had to postpone.
I am now waiting for another date..

Have you gotten the same flight grading date and finished ?

talk soon thanks!

Dgs1228
18th May 2016, 07:39
I will be having stage 2 on 21st Jun, please send a msg here. Lets meet!

RubyL
19th May 2016, 14:37
hello everyone,
Im Ruby, just started to prepare for application.
Any group study can I join?
Please email to [email protected]
or whatsapp: 852 63186096

Pelot
20th May 2016, 04:30
Hi guys,

How are you preparing for the aptitude test for CX?

Heard cockpitweb is only good for KA.

Btw, if anyone's in the prep stage and would like to prepare together. Please contact me at [email protected]

Ray

clemouflage
20th May 2016, 12:04
Hi guys, I just finished stage 1b on Monday. Does anyone know how long it will take them to get back to you for stage 2 details?
What's the waiting time like these days?

Cheers

clemouflage
24th May 2016, 10:10
Hey guys, I'm looking for group members who will have stage 2 on 23/6.
It would be great if we can get together before the said date.
As I'm a new member, please let me know on whatsapp or via email.
+852 61588908
[email protected]

Looking forward to meeting you.
Thanks.

liyukho1030hk
28th May 2016, 15:58
Hi guys, I am looking for group members who are going to stage 2 on 22 June.
It would be great if we can catch up before 22 June.
Email me please
[email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks
Ryan

Jonlovesflying
9th Jun 2016, 21:31
Hi guys,
I am new to this thread. I am a permanent HK resident and currently living in the UK. Reading the first 10 pages of the thread, people were talking about applying to the London assessment centre back in 2010 but not so much in the recent posts. I just want to know if this is still applicable in London ,and if so, does it affect my chance or getting it? I would just like to see if anyone has applied to overseas assessment centre recently would like to share their experiences.

Thanks xx

cx238
12th Jun 2016, 00:28
No assessment in UK. You need to get your own plane ticket to HK for all assessments.

qazs
16th Jun 2016, 10:11
hi there,

if you're gonna have your cadet stage 2 interview on 20/7,
please kindly text me at 9762-6086. (text message, not whatsapp please)

thanks guys

PhilipPhil
22nd Jun 2016, 00:42
Hi all,
I am now making preparation for the cadet program interview.
Is there any resources or materials that are suggested to read at the beginning?
Thanks or your help!

Elven
22nd Jun 2016, 07:32
Hi there,

I will have my stage 2 on 9th Aug, 2016, anyone who will have the interview same date as me please leave me a message here so we can meet before that =)

or you may contact me via email ([email protected]).

Thanks!!

Rh927
23rd Jun 2016, 11:15
cathay sent me an email tell me to update the information or they will delete me from the database. I want to apply again in December. Should I just let it slip and apply a "new" applicant or update it? If I update it, how to apply again? Thanks

CX104
25th Jun 2016, 07:08
Hi all,

I'm currently residing in Melbourne and preparing for the Cathay CPP. I'll be in HK from Dec 16 - Jan 17 (have already purchased flight tickets) and was hoping if anyone could advise me on when I should begin my application? Or could anyone shed some light on how long the screening process takes for overseas applicants?

Thanks

giuliohck
27th Jun 2016, 06:53
Hey Folks,

I've heard the Physic test has been obliterated from the COMPASS. Is that true? Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Did my COMPASS today, no physics at all.

Wiiing
28th Jun 2016, 06:18
Hi guys,

I'm going for stage 1a and 1b on 18th July and 19th July. Any lastest updates regarding the interview, process?

And anyone going on these dates as well?

TIA!

Challupa Batman
29th Jun 2016, 18:08
Did my COMPASS today, no physics at all.

Can confirm this, only very basic trigonometry and division with big numbers for math part.

aviationlove
2nd Jul 2016, 10:55
Anyone is going to have stage 2 in August ? Please feel very free to inbox me or email me if you want to form a study group with all the stage 2 mates. Thanks!

email : [email protected]

Blake02013
2nd Jul 2016, 18:46
Hi there anyone 1A on 5 Jul?
Any hints or advice can I get from you guys?

Wiiing
4th Jul 2016, 04:22
Hey everyone! Im completely new to the forum and was wondering, for those that have their 1a and 1b's in July when they applied to the program and if there is anyone without any flight experience~

I applied on 17 June 2016, received Email from CX on 22 June 2016 for AB initial in July.
I have zero flying experience.

Nodaddyplzno
5th Jul 2016, 10:38
Hey guys, I just received my email for the Initial A interview this July. How 'hard' is the technical MCQ? I understand difficulty is a subjective measure, but for all who have taken it, would the questions be more advanced ATPL questions or entry level questions. And so therefore what kind of questions can I expect on this test?

Cheers guys.

Wiiing
6th Jul 2016, 05:38
First off congrats on the interview! May I also ask where your interview is scheduled at? Hong Kong? Thanks and let me know how it goes!

Thank you! They scheduled the interview at Hong Kong, will keep you guys updated here!

FlyCX
6th Jul 2016, 08:58
Hi all,

I am going to have my 1A in late-July.

I am currently using Pilot-Test.org to practice and I am curious to know how close it is in terms of difficulty when comparing to the actual CPP 1A. For instance, if the actual math test includes any polynomial/factorization/unit conversion .

Thanks.

songlee435
6th Jul 2016, 13:57
Hello all, I have finally submitted my application just today (july 6th) and at what time should I expect a email for inviting me to take the 1A? Some of the threads do mention 1A and 1B do go back to back, but is that the case for everyone?

Challupa Batman
6th Jul 2016, 14:07
Songlee:
Depends, sometime 2 days later, some others say a week later.

Nodaddyplzno:
There are a few weather related questions that aren't in the pdf or not in great detail in the pdf (ie. which direction do high pressure winds turn in the southern hemishere, Cold fronts vs warm fronts) Also a few questions on their fleet.

On another note, I'm going in for the Initial B portion of the interview end of this month, anyone know what the Personality test, Abstract reasoning tests are like and what technical questions they ask you during the interview?

Nodaddyplzno
7th Jul 2016, 10:31
Challupa Batman and Divergent - thanks so much for the info.

Challupa, good luck on your Initial B. I've heard from a mate who made it to Australia the personality test is a Jung and Briggs typology, and the abstract reasoning tests are general IQ tests such as raven matricies.

Challupa Batman
8th Jul 2016, 09:28
Thanks bud,

Studying like a madman now to make sure I don't get tripped up during the technical portion of the interview. Does anyone know what sort of questions they ask?

songlee435
9th Jul 2016, 16:06
Challupa Batman
I have heard that sometimes pilot maybe interested to ask you about ETOPS, types of flaps, engine type and its performance, APU. Perhaps there maybe some flight planning questions, but with limited flying hours/ experience in the entire cadet pilot candidates pool, dont expect it too hard (in my honest opinion)

Challupa Batman
12th Jul 2016, 09:32
Songlee

Thanks man, that's what I figured too (or rather am hoping). I read a lot of threads based on the SO transition interview but there's not a lot of info on the CPP one. I got the BAK book as well as the Aeronautical Knowledge Pilot's Handbook, hopefully that's more than enough.

tth611
12th Jul 2016, 10:07
I applied about 2 weeks ago, and just received an invitation for Interview 1A/B in Aug 1/2. However, I am unable to attend because of my school schedule, they told me to email them back when I become available.

Has anyone else had this experience and actually got a second invitation for an interview?Does anyone know if everyone who applies receives an interview?
Don't worry. I had similar situation and was rescheduled by the team. Be sure to update them your schedule as soon as you know them so they can arrange something for you.

Cheers!

Challupa Batman
12th Jul 2016, 13:52
Yea I got that book too, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

cx238
13th Jul 2016, 11:17
Don't worry. I had similar situation and was rescheduled by the team. Be sure to update them your schedule as soon as you know them so they can arrange something for you.

Cheers!

Just give them a call, they can arrange an alternative right away.

ISAACCCC
13th Jul 2016, 15:14
Just apply!!! hope can get the 1a in late july

chc.1989
13th Jul 2016, 17:27
Hey guys,

New here to, applied and invited for stage 1a
Seems there is a lot of information here, but what do you need to know for it? Sorry if I'm obviously repeating the question

Thanks in advance!

Nodaddyplzno
14th Jul 2016, 05:43
chc.1989, One of the lads mentioned it before. When you reply back to confirm your attendance for teh 1a, they will provide you with the cathay pacific aviation knowledge booklet in pdf form. Which includes topics such as :
Air Navigation, Principles of Flight, Meteorology, Engines and Aircraft systems, to name a few.

There will be a technical mcq on this book. Followed by a compass test.

If you want to study before receiving this booklet, simply google up "PHAK", this goes into far more depth than the aviation knowledge booklet they provide you.

When are you taking the 1a?

Challupa Batman
14th Jul 2016, 10:41
Apparently there's a whole free 2016 version PDF of it on the FAA website. That's kind of handy.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/media/pilot_handbook.pdf

chc.1989
15th Jul 2016, 14:21
chc.1989, One of the lads mentioned it before. When you reply back to confirm your attendance for teh 1a, they will provide you with the cathay pacific aviation knowledge booklet in pdf form. Which includes topics such as :
Air Navigation, Principles of Flight, Meteorology, Engines and Aircraft systems, to name a few.

There will be a technical mcq on this book. Followed by a compass test.

If you want to study before receiving this booklet, simply google up "PHAK", this goes into far more depth than the aviation knowledge booklet they provide you.

When are you taking the 1a?
Thanks for your response! I was wondering if there is other useful information on the 1a in this 300 pages on this topic, that's why I asked.

Also, what is there to be prepared for the compass test?

My 1a is scheduled for august, and you (guys)?
All the best,

furqanstriker
16th Jul 2016, 07:24
Hi Guys, I read that most of you have got through the first stage. I have my first stage in less then a month. If anyone can pass me some tips and share their experience. Please direct message me here or you can contact me through my email [email protected] or even whatsapp 55001359. Any kind of help will be really appreciated.

Challupa Batman
16th Jul 2016, 11:22
chc.1989

The multiple choice questions are pretty much all in the JKI booklet, also there are some choices for some questions that vary little, but they are looking for the exact same phrase as in the booklet.

The only thing I felt missing from the booklet is maybe a bit more on meteorology and the weather.

Also you should have some insight on Cathay's fleet, which can be found on their website.

The Compass test is pretty straight forward, tests your ability to multitask I guess. If you drive or play any first person video games that require you to be aware of your surroundings it will be cake.

There is a math section that requires you to be able to do some basic trigonometry and division of big numbers. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

chc.1989
16th Jul 2016, 14:38
chc.1989

The multiple choice questions are pretty much all in the JKI booklet, also there are some choices for some questions that vary little, but they are looking for the exact same phrase as in the booklet.

The only thing I felt missing from the booklet is maybe a bit more on meteorology and the weather.

Also you should have some insight on Cathay's fleet, which can be found on their website.

The Compass test is pretty straight forward, tests your ability to multitask I guess. If you drive or play any first person video games that require you to be aware of your surroundings it will be cake.

There is a math section that requires you to be able to do some basic trigonometry and division of big numbers. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward.
Thank you so much for your response, this is exactly the kind of information I need, detailed but yet reassuring.

Have you done it recently maybe? How did you do?
All the best,

Stefroumi
16th Jul 2016, 16:35
Hi mate,
I passed the TT final interview on the 19th and 20th of Nov 15 . Initialy, my starting date was May, then august 16 and now Jan 17,
The delay is due to the industrial action and the training ban,
Hope the situation will get back to normal soon !
Did you get some updates recently ?

furqanstriker
17th Jul 2016, 06:29
chc.1989

How many questions are going to be in Technical MC questions ? Plus do i need to study all of the booklet in order to do well or i can just go through the main points ?

Plus my 1A is in on August 10th, if anyone else sharing the same date, please whatsapp me on 55001359

flymetothesky
17th Jul 2016, 07:27
Anyone having stage 1B on 26/7? would like to meet up to do mock interviews with each other. Please PM me, thanks!

Hardw
17th Jul 2016, 11:59
Hi flymetothesky
May I know if you're applying for CPP or AE?

tipsywacky
17th Jul 2016, 14:07
re: @FlyCX

For stage 1a, you can take a look at Pilot Test (http://pilot-test.org/)

you just need to study the booklet and do the compass test.

The website is about 90% close to the actual test.

Challupa Batman
17th Jul 2016, 18:08
chc.1989
No worries, you should be good. Am currently going for 1B on the 26th of July, so trying to get as much studying and reading as I can.

Stefroumi
Congrats man, Job well done. Hope you can be on your way to training sooner than later. Also did you already do the flight grading?

furganstriker
As mentioned before, there are 50 multiple choice questions. And yes, you should study the whole booklet. It's only around 60 pages....

Hardw
18th Jul 2016, 06:20
flymetothesky & Challupa Batman

I will also have 1B next week. Would you like to have a contact of each other?
Thanks!

furqanstriker
18th Jul 2016, 08:04
Hi mate,
I passed the TT final interview on the 19th and 20th of Nov 15 . Initialy, my starting date was May, then august 16 and now Jan 17,
The delay is due to the industrial action and the training ban,
Hope the situation will get back to normal soon !
Did you get some updates recently ?
Hello mate, do they take this long ? Like you have been waiting for an year now.
Can you whatsapp me so i can contact you directly and easily ? i would like to get some more details. My whatsapp is 55001359

Challupa Batman
18th Jul 2016, 09:47
Hardw

We should try for sure, PM us your number so we can contact each other.

flymetothesky
18th Jul 2016, 10:02
flymetothesky & Challupa Batman

I will also have 1B next week. Would you like to have a contact of each other?
Thanks!
Hey! I tried sending you a private msg of my whatsapp number but it wouldn't let me, can you please send me a msg and we will talk from there?

Hardw
18th Jul 2016, 13:32
flymetothesky

I have sent my contact to your email, see if you can receive it.
If not, you can email me at [email protected]

Stefroumi
18th Jul 2016, 13:33
Hey guys, passed the TT selection in Nov 2015 and was given a start date of August 2016, now it looks like Jan 2017... Anyone else in the same boat or have any info?

Hi mate,
I passed the TT final interview on The 19/20th of Nov 15 like you, my start date was aug 16 then delayed to Jan17 due to The indistrial action and The training ban ! I am still waiting for an improvement ...
Did you get some updates ?

Stef

Stefroumi
18th Jul 2016, 13:44
Hello mate, do they take this long ? Like you have been waiting for an year now.
Can you whatsapp me so i can contact you directly and easily ? i would like to get some more details. My whatsapp is 55001359

Unable to reach that WhatsApp number
Which country code ???

ISAACCCC
19th Jul 2016, 08:23
Hi everyone,

I just got the initial 1a interview offer at 11/8
anyone will do it on the same day?

Cheers!

furqanstriker
19th Jul 2016, 15:40
re: @FlyCX

For stage 1a, you can take a look at Pilot Test (http://pilot-test.org/)

you just need to study the booklet and do the compass test.

The website is about 90% close to the actual test.
Is this pilot test just usefull for 1A or does it help at later stages even ?
And should i go through the booklet provided by Cathay or i can just get everything done from this site ?

furqanstriker
19th Jul 2016, 15:41
Unable to reach that WhatsApp number
Which country code ???
Im in Hong Kong, its +852. But maybe you would need to send me an SMS first so i can save your number then we can contact on whatsapp.

zacharysantos
21st Jul 2016, 04:46
Did 1A on the 19th, and doing 1B on the 27th of July, Wednesday next week! Anyone doing the same 1B on the 27th?

photo1
21st Jul 2016, 15:14
Hi guys,

are rumours correct that CP are going to start hiring direct entry first officers again?

cheers

aviationlove
21st Jul 2016, 18:07
Anyone got invited to have stage 2 interview in september?

furqanstriker
22nd Jul 2016, 13:07
Is it a must to use the joystick and rudder in stage 1A ? For the compass test

furqanstriker
22nd Jul 2016, 17:45
Hello Everyone, few questions regarding stage 1A.
Is it a must to use the joystick and rudder in the compass test ?
And is there maths involved ? How many questions in how much time for the maths test ?

aviationlove
23rd Jul 2016, 01:24
You need joystick and rudder. The maths are form 5 stuff.

aviationlove
23rd Jul 2016, 01:26
If anyone got invited to stage 2 in SEPT please feel really free to whtsapp me thru 63329540 and we can form study group tgt.

aviationlove
24th Jul 2016, 02:58
anyone was invited to have stage 2 in sept?

iknow147963
25th Jul 2016, 06:38
I want to find a study group preparing for cadet in Hong Kong.

Is there any study group here?
I may leave my contact to you if there is any.

iknow147963
25th Jul 2016, 06:42
Btw, my email: [email protected]
or contact number: 61267204

Thanks so much if I am invited!

furqanstriker
25th Jul 2016, 08:08
You need joystick and rudder. The maths are form 5 stuff.
Thanks for replying.
How much time would be given for how many maths questions ?

aviationlove
26th Jul 2016, 14:09
Thanks for replying.
How much time would be given for how many maths questions ?

20 mins should be.

flyutothesky
27th Jul 2016, 15:05
Yes. let us prep together lol haha

Nicolaas900816
28th Jul 2016, 08:34
Unfortunately there is a rumour going around that the August start date for AE guys will be the last one for now. From then on AE and TT courses are on hold indefinitely. I don't know if AB initio is affected. I assume this has to do with the training ban and DEFO decision.

furqanstriker
1st Aug 2016, 10:46
How many courses do CX run per year for cadet pilot programme ?

jb21
2nd Aug 2016, 07:41
Anyone going for AE interview in August? Between the 16-18th?

Kunalw
5th Aug 2016, 01:48
Did 1A on the 19th, and doing 1B on the 27th of July, Wednesday next week! Anyone doing the same 1B on the 27th?

Hi Zachary
Do you mind sharing your 1B questions with me?

My email is [email protected]

Thks!

Kunalw
9th Aug 2016, 01:21
Anyone for stage 1B on August 17th?

Whatsapp: +86 13922120194

tipsywacky
9th Aug 2016, 04:42
furqanstriker

The site is for stage 1. We should always look beyond if we want to be a pilot. I mean a website for test prep just give u a head start and general direction.

If u want to become a professional pilot, you need way more than that. gd luck :)

Greenlights
9th Aug 2016, 13:14
No assessment in UK. You need to get your own plane ticket to HK for all assessments.

:ooh: says all about the airline now...
years ago, they offered at least the ticket to HK for stage 2

cx238
9th Aug 2016, 14:50
:ooh: says all about the airline now...
years ago, they offered at least the ticket to HK for stage 2

To be fair, most airlines in UK require you to pay for the interviews, medical check and your full course. Air ticket to HK is just a fraction of those. Apart from this, CX truly understand with or without the air tickets, you will still apply lol

appfo09
9th Aug 2016, 17:51
The problem is not the tickets. I pay thousands to be able to visit them for an assessment in HK. The problem is would they ever give me the chance to visit them? I am a European Citizen and my passion is to work with Cathay Pacific.

Good Luck to everyone especially to those who are attending their Assessment !

Cheers.

cx238
9th Aug 2016, 23:00
Cathay offer AE and TT programme for global candidates. Most airlines offer cadet programme only to citizens from their base countries, ie Easyjet application is open to European only.

flymetothesky
10th Aug 2016, 07:57
Looking for group mates having Stage 2 on 13/09, please PM me if you have stage 2 on the same day.Thanks!

CX163
12th Aug 2016, 14:02
hello guys :)
it had been a year since last fail, reapplied a month before yet still no reply from CX
anyone same here?

pilot_soon
15th Aug 2016, 16:08
Hi guys, I will have 1A on August 30th in the morning. Anyone else have 1A and would like to prepare together? Also for the aptitude test, does it involve math questions? and what are the best way to prepare for it? could anyone give me some suggestion? specifically the math test if there is one for the compass aptitude test?

zacharysantos
17th Aug 2016, 04:29
Stage 2 on the 14th of September and we're looking for the rest of our groupmates! Do let me know if you're scheduled on the same day. Cheers!

marjan
17th Aug 2016, 10:14
Cathay won't consider you for the cadet program unless you have a HK permanent ID. You need to live in Hong Kong for seven years before you can get a permanent ID, so your only options are to join either an AE or TT course.
What are AE and TT courses?

nondirectbacon
22nd Aug 2016, 05:12
Hi,

I would like to attend CX career talk or road show before my application.
Anyone have their time and date for the next career talk in Hong Kong?

Cheers!

pilotwannabehk
22nd Aug 2016, 06:20
is anyone going to take ICAO English test?
We can practice together.

If you speak fluent English and would like to know more about
CX ab intro, you are welcome to join us too.

If you are interested, please contact [email protected]

ahunter852
24th Aug 2016, 06:28
Hi Guys,

Brand new here, have spent the last few days scrolling through the forums. I am HK permanent resident who is about to send off his application for the cathay cadet program. Was just wondering if i could link up with anyone here to go over the interview process and all the material and studying.

my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advanced!

ricseven
24th Aug 2016, 09:46
Hello! I am Richard from Hong Kong, studying in Adelaide right now. I would like to pursue a pilot career after returning to Hong Kong (probably CX cadet program). As the application is always competitive, I think it is better and good to gain some flying experience in advance (I have NO experience and knowledge at this moment). I have contacted FTA and its AFTC has a basic familiarisation training course with 10 flying hours.

Anyone tried this program before? What is your opinion of it? Should I acquire some theoretical aviation knowledge before taking the practical training? Or just go directly with no background knowledge? Thanks!

zacharysantos
28th Aug 2016, 04:38
I believe AFTC's Basic Familiarisation Course is excellent immersion to the cadet culture. It takes around 2 weeks to complete, and I barely knew anything about flight when I went for it. They provide not only the hours, but also lessons on theory before and after each flight, providing material for it as well so expect to get on a bit of a book grind when you're there. Albeit a more expensive choice, I thought it was definitely worth it.

ricseven
29th Aug 2016, 03:36
I believe AFTC's Basic Familiarisation Course is excellent immersion to the cadet culture. It takes around 2 weeks to complete, and I barely knew anything about flight when I went for it. They provide not only the hours, but also lessons on theory before and after each flight, providing material for it as well so expect to get on a bit of a book grind when you're there. Albeit a more expensive choice, I thought it was definitely worth it.

Thanks Zachary! What are the cheaper options in Adelaide/Australia?

chocoolate5f
29th Aug 2016, 19:37
Hi guys
I am a newbie to this forum and I would like to pursue a pilot career (preferably CX/KA) upon my graduation. Although I am expecting my graduation in the 2018, I would like to see if there is any study group in this forum so that we can study tgt. I think this would be interesting to study together as we can share the difficulties we encounter and these experience would be beneficial for both of us in our application.

If you are interested, please feel free to shot me an email to [email protected]. Thank you and I look forward to seeing your contacts.

pilotwannabehk
30th Aug 2016, 08:18
A basic understanding of the principle of flying will accelerate your learning. I suggest you to study the controls and the instruments before your training.

kamedwin
2nd Sep 2016, 07:35
Hi guys
My name is Edwin. I am having my 1B on 6/9. Feel free to leave a contact if you are having yours at the same day.

ahunter852
5th Sep 2016, 06:47
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else here is going to have their Initial A on 27 September and would like to link up for some studying?

my email is [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

warrenlam
5th Sep 2016, 17:01
Hi Guys

Are here any companions who are also offered the initial 1A interview for SO on 21 Sept in Hong Kong? We can go for a small chat on weekends before the COMPASS test.

Cheers

mmb327
5th Sep 2016, 21:47
Hello future CX (or other airline) future pilots!

Newbie here that currently lives in the UK and holds an adult HKID card. Was just wondering and hoping if anyone can tell me that the fact I live in the UK will affect my chances of at least getting to stage 1? (will of course pay for the travel myself)

Also just to make sure do they still supply booklets for preparation for the techinical questions? And would you guys say they give you enough time to be prepared?

Kind regards!

guslau0121
10th Sep 2016, 12:47
Hi Guys

I'm studying in Hong Kong right now and I'm planning to UNSW aviation and prepare myself for Cathay Pacific's cadet.Is that the best option or should I go to the cadet interview with zero flying experience?:confused:

cheers

mokingun
12th Sep 2016, 13:21
Hi Everyone!

I am a new member here. I am a permanent HK resident and I want to apply for the CX cadet programme. Yet, I am not confident enough and want to be more well prepared.

Is the skytest in the following website useful?
SkyTest® - Preparation Software for DLR Test (Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Swiss, Turkish Airlines, Royal Jordanian, SunExpress, DFS), Cargolux, FEAST (Eurocontrol), Austro Control, Skyguide (http://www.skytest.com/SkyTest-Preparation-Software-for-Middle-East-Pilot-Screenings-31.htm)

Thanks!

alan319
13th Sep 2016, 07:10
Hi Warren,
I've just received an invitation from Cathay today for initial A interview on 4th Oct.
Cheers

alan319
13th Sep 2016, 07:37
Hi Guys,

I am working in Perth right now and I've got an invitation for Initial A selection in Hong Kong on 4th Oct.
Can anyone tell me what is it about and what I should prepare for?
Also, in the email also say that Initial B will be on 5th Oct if being selected.
I am just wondering will the result release so quick?

Cheers