PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34

cheryl01
20th Jul 2018, 13:39
Hi, I’m just a beginner and I’m looking for companions. It’s gonna be nice if we could help each other out through this journey:) Add me on telegram if you’re interested. Telegram ID: Cheryl1230

Cheers

austinc
24th Jul 2018, 13:33
Does anyone know applying for the cadet program is better to obtain a CPL?

victorlaw_4
25th Jul 2018, 10:40
Hello fellas,

I will reapply CPP in coming April 2019, looking for some buddy to study and exchange intel tgt.

Feel free to DM if interested or leave a msg here. Cheers!:)

Regards,
Vic

PO170
26th Jul 2018, 04:03
We are looking for people who are going to have Stage 2 Final Interview on 19 September 2018. Contact me with email: [email protected]
Thank you!

Daace25
26th Jul 2018, 06:51
Going to the initial A on August 7th, anyone else?

SilentZephyrus
26th Jul 2018, 07:14
Got sent an email for Initial A on 31st July, and they told me to get prepared for Initial B directly after if I pass A. That feels out of the ordinary considering people here usually wait weeks for Initial B?

SilentZephyrus
26th Jul 2018, 12:52
Do you live in overseas SlientZephyrus? They usually condense the initial stage for overseas candidates so that you don't have to fly back and forth. But even if you are not, given to what's happening in the management team, it's not surprised to have initial B right after A nowadays. New people; new rules.

I applied while I was still studying overseas but I've since graduated and am now back in HK. In the email they've told me Initial B can either happen directly after Initial A or on the day after, August 1st.

I presume these 2 tests aren't exactly tests you can "revise" for? Aptitude tests and a basic ground exam test?

davidareslaw
27th Jul 2018, 01:03
Hi all,

I've recently received an invitation for initial 1A assessment on Aug 15th. As i'm currently residing in Singapore, I'll be flying up to Hong Kong on Aug 14th.

Anyone interested to exchange info and preparation tips, please free free to contact me on telegram: @davidareslaw

Cheers,
David

SilentZephyrus
27th Jul 2018, 10:55
You can prep for the pilot aptitude test for sure. Go to latestpilotjobs.com, you will see a list of practice tests for different airlines programs, click on the one that is specifically for Cathay and it will show you everything that is involved in the Cut-e. They are 95% similar to the real test if not 100% and that's what made them stand out from other product like Skytest for instance. Keep in mind tho the practice test is not for free, you will have to pay for it. As for the Technical quiz, all you have to do is to study hard on the FAA PHAK. Simple is that.

The technical quiz is based on PPL theory exams right? If I've passed the CAA ground exams I should be good to go after refreshing my knowledge?

I'll take a look at the aptitude tests thanks!

victorlaw_4
31st Jul 2018, 08:37
Hi upinthesky23,

Awesome! Nice to meet you btw :) I believe your inbox is full and I needa to reply you here instead of DM.

Please add me on telegram @victorlaw_4 and let's discuss tgt!

Thanks!
Victor
Regards,
Victor

Khawaja
31st Jul 2018, 11:20
Hello fellas,

I will reapply CPP in coming April 2019, looking for some buddy to study and exchange intel tgt.

Feel free to DM if interested or leave a msg here. Cheers!:)

Regards,
Vic
Aye bro, I will also apply for cadet pilot program in 2019 after I complete be Aviation degree, feel free to message me to so that I can add you to my study group which I formed with my friends, let me know soon fam.

Khawaja
31st Jul 2018, 11:24
Hi, I’m just a beginner and I’m looking for companions. It’s gonna be nice if we could help each other out through this journey:) Add me on telegram if you’re interested. Telegram ID: Cheryl1230

Cheers
Bro, give me your mobile number, so that I can add you to my group, me and my friends will be applying for CPP in 2019, join us and we'll share the knowledge together fam.

Tyh9989
1st Aug 2018, 02:50
Bro, give me your mobile number, so that I can add you to my group, me and my friends will be applying for CPP in 2019, join us and we'll share the knowledge together fam.
Hello there, i m a beginner too and planning to apply in early 2019. Can i join your group too?

victorlaw_4
1st Aug 2018, 17:15
Aye bro, I will also apply for cadet pilot program in 2019 after I complete be Aviation degree, feel free to message me to so that I can add you to my study group which I formed with my friends, let me know soon fam.

Hi Khawaja,

Thanks for the invite! I have DM you my contact, please check and let me know. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Victor

mojolo
2nd Aug 2018, 06:04
Hi All,

I am filling the application form for Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot selection.
However, at the Personal information section, there's only second officer, first officer, and simulation Instructor are available for selection.
I know that Cathay only select their second officer from the cadet pilot program, and they accept application throughout the year. Does that mean I have to select the second officer option for my application even though I am applying for Cadet Pilot?

Maybe I am over thinking a bit, but just want to make sure...
Thank you all in advance!

amalfi
6th Aug 2018, 13:48
Hi Khawaja,

I'm not able to message you. Please pm me.

Many Thanks!

Mikaekae
7th Aug 2018, 07:04
Going to the initial A on August 7th, anyone else?
congrats! i have mine at the end of the month. how did yours go?

davidareslaw
8th Aug 2018, 01:19
I applied while I was still studying overseas but I've since graduated and am now back in HK. In the email they've told me Initial B can either happen directly after Initial A or on the day after, August 1st.

I presume these 2 tests aren't exactly tests you can "revise" for? Aptitude tests and a basic ground exam test?

Hey buddy,

How were the assessments?

Austin.wong
9th Aug 2018, 13:43
Hi all, Im new here and will re-apply CX CPP next year.
I am looking for friends study and prepare together.
Please let me know if you are able to let me join your current group or form a group together.
Thanks a lot.

Austin

victorlaw_4
11th Aug 2018, 19:20
Hi Austin,

Nice to meet you and I have PMed you as well =). Please add me on telegram (@victorlaw_4), so that we can discuss and study for the CPP tgt.

Cheers and thanks!

Regards,
Victor

avibeeeeee
18th Aug 2018, 06:55
Hi just wondering is there anyone who is still at the very beginning of preparing the cadet program?
Really want to make a study buddy :)

dany2000
18th Aug 2018, 13:06
Hey avibe, I've just started preparing for applying for the cadet program and would love to do so.

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

oopsars
18th Aug 2018, 15:36
Hi avibe and dany. I am also preparing for my application. Let's study together!

jacarandaa
22nd Aug 2018, 03:41
Just about to submit my application, would be keen to join any study group (esp those at the beginning of the process)!:D

Peekaaboo
24th Aug 2018, 04:13
Did they close the cadet program to foreigners? I only see the option for HK PRs now..

cindy292929
25th Aug 2018, 03:31
I’m at the beginning of the stage of my application. Been studying around half year. Really keen to form a study group. Please give me a shout. I’m a current Cabin Crew of Cx 😃

bl2998
26th Aug 2018, 00:23
Hi Victor,

I am Brian, just wondering whether I can join your group to study together? Planning to apply CX .Thanks

Best Regards
Brian

bl2998
26th Aug 2018, 18:02
I’m at the beginning of the stage of my application. Been studying around half year. Really keen to form a study group. Please give me a shout. I’m a current Cabin Crew of Cx 😃

Hi Cindy,

I am Brian, would you like to form a study-group? what is the best way of contact for you?? Thanks

Best Regards
Brian

victorlaw_4
26th Aug 2018, 18:39

Hi Cindy and Brian,

Please add me on telegram @victorlaw_4 then we can discuss and study tgt =)

Cheers and thanks!
Victor

cindy292929
27th Aug 2018, 04:21
Hi Cindy and Brian,

Please add me on telegram @victorlaw_4 then we can discuss and study tgt =)

Cheers and thanks!
Victor
hi victor. May I know this is an email address right ? Or is like wechat sort of thing ?
My email is [email protected]

dannyhknt
30th Aug 2018, 14:48
Hi all, this is Danny. I will re-apply the programme this year too and it would be great if you could add me in your study group. We can prepare the exams together.

cyjchan
3rd Sep 2018, 09:11
Hi all,

Is anyone going to have stage 2 on 25 October? Please contact me via telegram (nahcjyc). Thx!

qk340077
3rd Sep 2018, 10:55
Hi all, this is Danny. I will re-apply the programme this year too and it would be great if you could add me in your study group. We can prepare the exams together.

I am going to apply this year and would like to join a study group as well. Please add me [email protected]
Cheers.

Avinthenews
12th Sep 2018, 05:58
New joiners after the 1st of DECEMBER 2018 will be on the new COS18 payscale, you will get paid less or work more than the rest for the same amount, you will have to pay for 50% of your cadet course, it will be deducted from your salary over the first 3 years of employment.

You have been warned!

Avinthenews
14th Sep 2018, 00:14
http://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/2164135/cathay-pacific-pilots-salaries-be-pegged-closer-hours-flown

More info on the cuts

Jeju
14th Sep 2018, 05:04
Just scroll up for the type of tests they ask. This thread has 372 pages, if you can't conduct your own research how are you going to manage problems that arise in the cockpit?

Also Latestpilot is an unpolished mess. Don't waste your money on it.

Doing your research on a pprune forum has no relation to managing problems in the cockpit... if you had to comb through 370+ pages why not just simply ask someone for the answer? saves yourself time and im sure many here are happy to help.
Also i believe latest pilot jobs is the closest thing out there to the actual CUT-E test. If you've got a better program by all means, please share it here.

Mikaekae
20th Sep 2018, 06:58
Could anyone who has done stage 2 shed some light on the flight planning exercise?

I've read through quite a few forums and sources but none actually describes what exactly is included. thanks!

Mediums
20th Sep 2018, 07:23
betpump - Can I ask you a question. Say for someone who grew up in a poor side of Hong Kong, never been to any fancy restaurants in Central because didn’t have the money to pay the bills, living in a public housing all his/her life, parents are relying on the government to get by, you tell me, where should they go? I agree with you. COS18 is pathetic. But, when you don’t have any another options, the only thing you could do is to suck it up and live through it. That’s Hong Kong.

Someone who grew up in a poor side of Hong Kong is still very rich, that is just an excuse. Never been to fancy restaurants? If you want to be a pilot to go to fancy restaurants, you picked the wrong career (see Culinary Chefs). Didn't have money to pay what bills? You said you live in a public housing estate all his/her life where rent is at most 1k a month? Don't have any other options? Ill do some very basic Maths for you.

Parent's relying on the government, public estate, no bills as no money to pay. That puts away your worry about rent etc. Average wages in Hong Kong are 16k/month. Work and save up enough to get your own flight training. You will be sitting in a SO seat for 6-7 years doing nothing anyways, and those P2 hours count as 0 elsewhere, yep NIL. A CPL should cost you about 400k-500k depends where you do it. Divide that by the 7 years of doing nothing as SO, and if you give that time into any other field your salary will go up heaps.. trust me I have been in worse shoes and always thought Hong Kong had no other options but I was so wrong. 8 years of saving and investing money you should have enough money for your flying training. If you think CX will train you for "free" you are wrong, you will have to accept a bond. How is that different from taking out a big loan?

Pay for your own training and build the hours, get a respectable flying job elsewhere or heck even start your own little gig or just do it as a hobby. It will be way more fun and you won't just be sitting doing nothing in a shiny jet eating at "fancy restaurants". Try getting X Plane or Microsoft Flight Sim and put it into autopilot, just sit and observe for 8 hours daily then turn off or close the program right before landing take-off. That will be your life as a "Pilot in CX without any other options".

If you are in it for just the pay or money you can earn way more putting those 7-8 years of your life elsewhere or in any other occupation cause at CX your title is a Pilot as SO but you nothing even remotely close to flying, except for the initial training. Oh and if you leave before your bond is over, have a hefty cheque ready not just for the company but also for the lawyers you will be needing to pay.

Goodluck!

zxcfg21
20th Sep 2018, 11:44
Doing your research on a pprune forum has no relation to managing problems in the cockpit... if you had to comb through 370+ pages why not just simply ask someone for the answer? saves yourself time and im sure many here are happy to help.
Also i believe latest pilot jobs is the closest thing out there to the actual CUT-E test. If you've got a better program by all means, please share it here.

So being resourceful doesn't help when it comes to being a pilot? Yikes. You don't even have to go through the entire thread, just going back 20 pages or so will yield most of the answers as it's asked over and over again. If you think doing your own research is a waste of time then I would question one's commitment to actually being a pilot.

That site is the closest thing to the CUT-e but it doesn't make my statement untrue; it's unpolished. It's your money though.

TurningFinalRWY36
21st Sep 2018, 00:57
Normally I wouldnt tell people what to do or not do but joining on the new COS will only bring misery. You will be quoted many figures about pay etc but at the end of the day Cathay will just manipulate your flying to pay you the least possible. C scale was just do able for some but D scale is just so inadequate that within your first few weeks in the company I can guarantee many new joiners will already be looking to leave. There are so many flaws in the wording of the new contract it isnt even a contract as anything in there can just be changed to suit managements needs.

Mikaekae
24th Sep 2018, 15:20
oct 26 stage 2 anyone?

Khawaja
29th Sep 2018, 05:10
Could anyone who has done stage 2 shed some light on the flight planning exercise?

I've read through quite a few forums and sources but none actually describes what exactly is included. thanks!
My WhatsApp is 51143537, message me, I belive I can help you with that :)

chermaine
29th Sep 2018, 18:49
Anyone who applied around mid September heard back anything yet?

jacarandaa
30th Sep 2018, 08:18
Anyone who applied around mid September heard back anything yet?

I applied on 18th Sep, haven’t heard back from cx yet.

jacarandaa
3rd Oct 2018, 07:03
Got 1A invitation on 23/10, anyone want to prepare together if your test is around the same time?

Cheers

angela521
3rd Oct 2018, 10:28
i have just submitted application and now received further info

Please add me in the tg groupgroup: @angela521

angela521
3rd Oct 2018, 17:12
Got 1A invitation on 23/10, anyone want to prepare together if your test is around the same time?

Cheers
I am interested ,how to contact you? add me @angela521

flyera359
7th Oct 2018, 07:17
For those looking to apply to Cathay, I just want to show you the new contract that was just released and you will be joining on. It's called COS18 and is full of many clauses. In my opinion it is a severe degradation to previous contracts as your time as an SO is no longer based on seniority, but how many hours you work in a year.

The pay has been reduced to a lower salary with higher hourly wages so that in order to get the pay they quote, you need to make sure you work all of those hours. Any agreements the union comes to on behalf of the pilot body will not benefit those on COS18 unless they are specifically mentioned in writing. The company can employee direct entry captains if they want, which will slow your upgrade time as well.

There is a final clause that states Cathay can amend the rules anytime they want. I will just post here the summary so you may see for yourselves. I am not trying to stop you, but rather let you know what you are getting into ahead of time.

These are just some of the comparisons. Keep in mind all ab initio will have to pay for their training, will not get HKPA for the first three years (unless you join Cathay Dragon as they no longer will have Second Officers) and the company will dock you 16,000HKD per month until your training is paid off. training plus HKPA loss is $30,000HKD/mo less money.....just so you know up front.

Good luck to you. I have attached the actual contract that you will be signing if you do choose to join. You can take a look and make your decision. Please keep in mind, there are other airlines with cadet programs, and for those with hours, strongly consider looking around before making your final decision. Wish you all the best.

“....some SO mates of mine sent me this. They did some digging and this is doing the rounds amongst the SO ranks...

* PXing is now J class only for CN, FO & SO and potential downgrade to PEY is acceptable. (No longer offering F class if available for CN and FO. Our current contract they must fly you back home in no lower than businesss class, whereas the new contract you may operate a long haul flight, and then fly back in economy as a passenger.
* Have to earn sick days. 2 per month in 1st year then 4 per month in 2nd year onwards. 120 Days max can be accrued. (COS08 allows up to 126 days)
* If you are medical unable to fly, the company have the right to assign you full-time ground duties.
* Reserve payment does not occur until after 30 days free reserve in rolling 12 months. They would have to roster and NOT call you in 5 x (6 day reserve blocks) every 12 months for you to even have a sniff at the Reserve day payment. Highly unlikely……
* Positioning allowance (0.25 x Excess Block Hour Rate) will only be paid if Actual Block Hours + Positioning Hours is above the minimum monthly block hours.
* The annual package and payment calculations the company are using in their tables all include P fund contributions and averaging 74 block hours a month (777). Making it look a lot better than it really is.
* Cadets in FTA now have to supply their own uniform (white shirt and navy pants) for the duration of their training.
* A note was made that ANY officer can become a Check and Trainer now.
* Also make note that any one on COS18 can be sent to a Cathay Group airline at any time for training or resource planning requirements. I.e. Air Hong Kong or Cathay Dragon.
* Promotion from within a rank (i.e. SO1 to SO2, FO1 to FO2) is based on Actual Block Hours not anniversary year of service. So work more if you want to be promoted to next pay scale.
* Different Block Hour Rate (after the minimum of 51 block hours a month for 777) for different fleets. 777 being the lowest, then Airbus and 747 getting the most per hour pay after the minimum monthly block hours.
* Target annual block hours 777 = 880 per year (Min. Monthly Block Hours - 51.33)
* Target annual block hours Airbus = 840 per year (Min. Monthly Block Hours - 49)
* Target annual block hours 747 = 725 per year (Min. Monthly Block Hours - 42.29)
* No Overtime. Excess Block Hour Pay is only one figure and not a tiered system. So it will be the same per hour beginning from Minimum Monthly Hours (51hrs on 777) up to 100+ hrs per month is all paid at the same hourly rate (SO1 = $611 per hour)
* No longer a JFO pay or Rank.
* The company has the right to employ DEFO and DECN
* If you swap away duties and it results in you going below your minimum monthly block hours, your pay will be deducted accordingly.
* Annual productivity bonus is only paid if the above mentioned target block hours for each fleet is exceeded and then multiplied by 0.5 of the Block Hour Rate. So hypothetically if you are on 777 and maxed out at 900 hours. You would get 20 hrs extra calculated at your 0.5 Excess Block Hour Rate and that would be your annual bonus. e.g. SO1 (777) = 20 x $305= $6,100. CN1 (777) = 20 x $710 = $14,200.
* This Annual Productivity Bonus is not discretionary and MUST be paid at the end of every year.
* Although company can alter the Target Block Hours as they see fit without any consultation with HKAOA.
* Discretionary Year End Bonus (13th Month) is still available + the Annual Productivity Bonus.
* P fund reduced to 5%- 10% depending on joining rank. (if you are ab initio you get 5% if you are AE/TT you will get 10%. Currently we all get 15.5%)
* No mention of Bypass Pay in any Rank. - if someone upgrades before you, you get no compensation. Whereas now if they upgrade out of seniority, the person who was bypassed will be paid the next level. (FO on CAPT salary until he becomes a capt)
* Snapshot of COS18 left out the line (21.2. The Company will meet the cost of aircraft type endorsements.) under the training section. Could this mean type conversion will mean you are type frozen and bonded to the company for x amount of years to recuperate costs of conversion?
* Given that COS18 employees will effectively only get paid the same as COS08 employees, they will effectively become the ones to pickup the drip and drapes of the duties. COS08 employees will be rostered to fly their max 84 hours before they start rostering COS18 guys because if they don’t exceed there Minimum Monthly Block Hours then the company instantly saves money every month.
* Interesting to see how swaps will be managed also Will CC disapprove swaps now if you tried to swap a duty with a COS18 employee that would push them above their Minimum Monthly Block Hours and incur the company extra $$ whilst we still get paid effectively the same with less work due to our higher fixed based cost point?

flyera359
7th Oct 2018, 07:19
Here are the actual contracts you will join under. If it is for you, then so be it, but I just want you to have a full look. Full transparency, so you are not blind sighted when you do join. I do urge you to look at a few companies not just cathay, but in the end, if cathay is where you want to be, then I can not argue. Good luck to you all

MrAndy
8th Oct 2018, 00:19
In my opinion it is a severe degradation to previous contracts as your time as an SO is no longer based on seniority, but how many hours you work in a year.

Im not entirely sure if this is accurate. Based on my interpretation of the contract, your paygrade depends on the hours, but time as an SO is still seniority. Mind you, there used to be a pool of about 500 SOs, and that has increased to a target of about 800 if the rumors are true. So if you are at the bottom of the seniority list, then its hard to say if you will get upgraded by yr 5.

Becoming an SO at cx is also becoming less attractive, and if the airline has trouble hiring SOs, then it is also hard to say when that upgrade comes.

​​​​

flyera359
8th Oct 2018, 06:35
Im not entirely sure if this is accurate. Based on my interpretation of the contract, your paygrade depends on the hours, but time as an SO is still seniority. Mind you, there used to be a pool of about 500 SOs, and that has increased to a target of about 800 if the rumors are true. So if you are at the bottom of the seniority list, then its hard to say if you will get upgraded by yr 5.

Becoming an SO at cx is also becoming less attractive, and if the airline has trouble hiring SOs, then it is also hard to say when that upgrade comes.

​​​​

Hi MrAndy. Sadly its pretty accurate as explained to us. Your chance for an upgrade is based on seniority, only if you meet the "productivity requirements".

So when it is your turn to be selected, if you have not flown enough in cathay's eyes, they will bypass you and move to the next person. The current contract is not based on productivity.

Around two years ago, the SO upgrade time had come down to around 2 years and 3 months, which is very fast. If the company were to skip over you, they would have to pay you Junior First Officer pay, until it was your chance to upgrade.

COS18 has no bypass pay written in, so they can skip you with no recourse. Furthermore, the new contract allows Direct Entry FO's and Captains, so if they don't have enough SO's with enough time to upgrade, a direct entry can always fill the spot. Hope this makes sense. (For reference, the current contract does have Direct Entry FO's, and this is what has currently slowed the upgrade times for Second Officers)

I agree becoming an SO is becoming less attractive here, especially if you are ab initio. Hong Kong prices have skyrocketed, and the new contract deducts a lot of pay from you for the first 3 years.

Jetstream alpha
8th Oct 2018, 22:08
Thanks for the info flyera359. Sad that it seems to have come to this.. Before at least Cathay was paying for your training so even though the salary wasn't great you'd still be better off than if you went self-funded, now this doesn't seem to be the case!

Just wanted to confirm that as an ab-initio pilot you would lose both HKPA and have to pay $16,000/mth for training costs? If this were the case then as a first year SO you would only take home $15,000/mth net, (from the handbook SO1 pay is ~$31,000/mth) surely Cathay can not expect that to be an attractive package for anyone as that won't even pay rent on even a 700 sq. ft. apartment... Also some people have been saying that they will only recoup 50% of training costs while you're saying it will be the whole thing. How much actually are the training costs in the end? I can't seem to find any reference to this in the documents you posted.

MrAndy
9th Oct 2018, 06:33
Hi MrAndy. Sadly its pretty accurate as explained to us. Your chance for an upgrade is based on seniority, only if you meet the "productivity requirements".

Flyera359, can you point to me which page of the contract or employee handbook this is referenced to? I was looking at the handbook, and it seems to state that you will get upgraded based on seniority and as long as you are qualified. If you are right, then that truly sucks because one has limited control over these productivity requirements.

TurningFinalRWY36
9th Oct 2018, 13:49
well the funny thing is you do have some control over your productivity and it is your sickness rate. The company has effectively found a way to punish you for going sick, so you can see the situation this will create. Guys will show up to work unfit for duty to ensure their productivity targets are met because otherwise they will be punished with loss of pay and career progression.

flyera359
9th Oct 2018, 19:47
Flyera359, can you point to me which page of the contract or employee handbook this is referenced to? I was looking at the handbook, and it seems to state that you will get upgraded based on seniority and as long as you are qualified. If you are right, then that truly sucks because one has limited control over these productivity requirements.

Hi MrAndy. That's exactly what I was saying. You will be upgraded based on seniority, as long as you are qualified. The Handbook 2018 I posted, shows this in Appendix 8. To make the grade of First officer 1 you will need greater than 2000 hours but less than or equal to 3000 hours. For reference, many ab initio crew (crew with only their initial training in adelaide) do not reach 2000+ hours until around year 4+ in the company. Since these hours count as total time, if you are ab initio and someone junior to you joins with 1000 hours, they will essentially upgrade before you do, even though you are more senior. On COS18, you will not receive Bypass pay (which we do now), hence, you will only upgrade on seniority...as long as you are qualified...according to Cathay's new rules. Currently it is only by seniority, so regardless of time in the company, or hours accrued, when it is your time, and barring any issues in your training file, you are eligible for upgrade. You will notice that those hours change on the 747 fleet. So people on that fleet, junior to you, will become First officer, on that fleet, before you will (depending on which fleet you are assigned). Unfortunately as of late, even though it is in the current contract, Cathay will now allow people to upgrade on a different fleet unless the company sees fit. The 747 fleet, at the moment, is extremely angry about this. Many are trying to get off of the fleet, yet they keep offering cross fleet volunteers only from 777 to Airbus. 747 is essentially stuck with the worst rosters until "the company sees fit". You will notice that last phrase or similar to that many times in the new contract.

flyera359
9th Oct 2018, 20:41
Thanks for the info flyera359. Sad that it seems to have come to this.. Before at least Cathay was paying for your training so even though the salary wasn't great you'd still be better off than if you went self-funded, now this doesn't seem to be the case!

Just wanted to confirm that as an ab-initio pilot you would lose both HKPA and have to pay $16,000/mth for training costs? If this were the case then as a first year SO you would only take home $15,000/mth net, (from the handbook SO1 pay is ~$31,000/mth) surely Cathay can not expect that to be an attractive package for anyone as that won't even pay rent on even a 700 sq. ft. apartment... Also some people have been saying that they will only recoup 50% of training costs while you're saying it will be the whole thing. How much actually are the training costs in the end? I can't seem to find any reference to this in the documents you posted.

Hi Jetstream Alpha. Apologies so late on replying. I first must retract part of my statement as I now can't find where it says the HKPA will not be paid for the first 3 years in the contract. This info actually came from a letter sent by the managers to the cadets who are currently in Adelaide and who would have joined after Dec 1 (when the training completed). As is Cathay policy, even though you are under the company's control in Adelaide, you don't officially join and get a seniority number until your first day of duty in Cathay City. The management wrote a letter stating that the company would reverse the new Contract for all current cadets. The letter, written to ab initio courses, stated that they would receive the full HKPA and would be on COS08 or COS16 (our current conditions of service). Unfortunately I cannot share this letter with you, but I'm hoping someone here who has it would share it. I think the HKPA for new ab initio cadets is assumed, but after further review I don't see it in writing. I will do some digging and get back to you.

As for the training costs, I apologize if I made it seem as though it was all the training costs. It is actually only half and I should have made that clear in the last post. At a total training cost of around 1.2 mil HKD, half of that would be near $600,000HKD. However, there are two different contracts being presented, one for ab initio applicants and one for AE/TT applicants. For clarification, that is applicants with 250 hours and a commercial rating / applicants with a current ATPL and at least 1500 hours, respectively. On that contract, the target salary is $538,000 and is being presented to current applicants during their interviews, who fall into these categories. The difference in pay is around 16-17K/mo I believe. If you multiply both by 36 months (3 years) you get 576-612K HKD. Again, I have seen the documents, but cannot actually share them with you as I don't have the copies. I would hope that someone who has done an interview, and falls in these categories will share them online.

Further for everyone, I am seriously not trying to be a troll here who berates and belittles you for considering this opportunity. I know exactly how it feels to be looking for a job and see a carrier willing to pay you, while you fly in a wide body aircraft. Anyone from North America, Australia, and Europe knows that this life is not normal when starting your career. However, upon reading the contract again, I beg all of you to please look at the wording very carefully and compare them to other airlines, even if it is an airline you are not yet able to apply for. More than our current contract, so many areas end with as Cathay deems fit. For those of you who don't know this company, and I imagine that is a majority seeing as it is a cadet pilot forum, there has never been an increase to a contract when that wording existed. The company has always seen fit to decrease based on the current market. When times are good, your contract stays the same. When times are bad, the contract is threatened and a new contract is made for future employees. Such is the case with COS99 --> COS08 --> a temporary COS16 ---> and now COS18. The only difference is in COS18 most sections end with as the company sees fit / deems necessary/ under review from time to time. Negotiations are completely written out, and it states that such changes will be "binding on such officer".

Furthermore check out the Trade Union Agreement in section 18.
18. TRADE UNION AGREEMENT
The Company may, from time to time, enter into agreements with the Hong Kong Aircrew Officers’ Association or any other registered trade union representing the Company’s pilots. Such will not become part of the contractual terms of your employment unless otherwise expressly agreed with you in writing. The Company may, where appropriate, draw up policies to reflect its agreement with such trade union which will be notified to you.

Basically anything the union is currently fighting to preserve, will not affect anyone on COS18. Furthermore, any future negotiation outcomes will not be available to crew on COS18 unless specifically stated. To make it simple, unless stated by the company, the union can no longer fight for you. While there are many differing views on what a union can and cannot do, the fact that you have absolutely no representation unless the company sees fit should raise some concerns.

In the end, it is always your decision and I along with all other current members must respect that. I will say that this airline has sadly fallen from greatness, and is becoming a stepping stone airline. For those looking to join, get a wide body rating and the time, and get out, I think you are definitely headed in the right direction. I just hope and pray you know what you are signing up for in the interim.

TurningFinalRWY36
10th Oct 2018, 04:59
flyera359 - All ab initios joining after Dec 1 will not receive HKPA and will only get paid by the base salary which is 31,000ish HKD. This has been confirmed by the new recruitment manager.
Are you sure? Thought they would still get hkpa. If that is the case then I would recommend no one show up on their first day, that salary is just not even close to doable

FPmr1
16th Oct 2018, 11:28
Hello Community

I just got my result from the 1st stage interview for the cathay cadet program and I didn't get through. The email says I can't reapply for the next 9 months. I'd like to continue to pursue a career as a pilot but I'd like to be productive during this time. The options I'm considering are as follows

1. Apply to other airlines e.g HK airlines is having their intake in 2019
2. Do a PPL/CPL myself then apply again

I'm seriously considering option 2 however I want people's opinions because as far as I am aware doing a PPL myself won't have any benefit when it comes to applying for the cadet program, I'd have to go through the same process as someone with no experience the only difference is my application may look more appealing due to flight experience.

I'd like to know people's advice/opinions.

​​​​​​Is there any point, should I just wait and try and improve on myself?

Thanks
​​​​​​

crwkunt roll
16th Oct 2018, 12:48
https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/614305-people-thinking-going-cx.html

jacarandaa
20th Oct 2018, 09:45
Is calculator allowed in cut-e test (1A) ?

ecohans
21st Oct 2018, 12:47
Good day mates! I have applied for the program last year and after a month or two, Cathay invited me for the initial step or 1a as they call it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get in because I was underprepared. It was my term in uni when I got the invite and I was studying for my finals.

I updated my application and still waiting for their reply...and it has been a year and a half. :(

Can anyone add me to their facebook / telegram / viber study/discussion groups where I could ask study materials from. My username is Hans Eco.

Thank you everyone:)

jchung
21st Oct 2018, 21:03
Anybody in Los Angeles thinking about applying?

Also side question, how much do SO get paid during their first year after the cadet program (assuming in 2019)?

CyberT
23rd Oct 2018, 05:16
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1982x566/screen_shot_2018_10_23_at_13_08_02_bbeb692b4e54e7fcabfaa90bd ad6a470757da43c.png
You have been warned. HONG KONG NEWSPAPER TODAY

CyberT
23rd Oct 2018, 05:41
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1306x782/screen_shot_2018_10_23_at_13_38_03_f879d2fef1542acded090ca00 473a1c7eed4b55b.png

CyberT
23rd Oct 2018, 05:54
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1392x1202/screen_shot_2018_10_23_at_13_52_03_c89b593cedfcfa67c6599a93b cbb2720cdd432f9.png

jg61
25th Oct 2018, 08:52
Anybody in Los Angeles thinking about applying?

Also side question, how much do SO get paid during their first year after the cadet program (assuming in 2019)?

From the employee handbook effective Dec 2018 (posted above by flyera359), for an SO, basic pay should be at 31,383.33, with monthly productivity pay at 611.36 (B777), 640.48 (Airbus), 742.07 (B747) beyond minimum monthly block hours ([email protected], Airbus@49hrs, [email protected]). There are also some allowances, most of which, I think, would be negligible except the "monthly allowance" (maybe meant for housing?) at 14,000.

You could read up on it to get a clearer picture. Hope this helps!

jchung
26th Oct 2018, 06:05
What's the pay like for SO under the COS08 contracts?

Also realistically, how many days do pilots fly in a month(max vs min)? And how many days do they usually get off?

fsky3765
27th Oct 2018, 04:27
At the end of the day you have to ask yourself how you will feel working a lot more, for less pay, less protections, less provident fund, less benefits, for doing the exact same job as your colleagues sitting beside you...for an ENTIRE CAREER.

i see. Noted!

Kardz
1st Nov 2018, 04:22
We are finding our stage2 groupmate on22Nov.
please let me know if you are on of us.
[email protected]
Thanks.

flyera359
5th Nov 2018, 01:59
What's the pay like for SO under the COS08 contracts?

Also realistically, how many days do pilots fly in a month(max vs min)? And how many days do they usually get off?

For how many days pilots work that depends on the fleet you are assigned. Pilots on the 330 work considerably more as their flights are much shorter for the most part, while those on the 350/777 may work 14-18 days a month, given the flights are much longer and need recovery time. Sadly the jumbo pilots, while accruing less actual work hours, work the most as their schedules are almost always never set in stone. Many days of being rerouted, or taken off flights, just hoping to get back to hong kong. In the end less focus should be placed on how many days you will work. The numbers sound amazing compared with other 9-5 jobs, but trust me. You will spend a lot of your days off recovering. For Cathay Dragon 320/321 pilots, I have seen rosters that are 8 days off for the month (as this is the minimum days off you need to have)

SO pay for COS08 contracts starts at $40,747 HKD a month. Add to that your 10,000 for HKPA, your 10% for duty hours (around 5000 extra) plus any overtime allowances is. (keep in mind COS18 does not pay overtime, but rather a set amount after a certain number of productivity limit hours). To put it simply, if you manage 110 hours on COS08, you will receive a double paycheck. If you do the same on COS18, you will not. The contract above will show you the pay on COS18. Also do not count the provident fund pay (which they have included as part of the package). You won't be able to touch this money for many years. Do also note that COS18 SO's will be docked around 16,000/mo for their training costs over a period of 3 years. Hope this answers your questions.

michaeltga
14th Nov 2018, 07:40
flyera359 - All ab initios joining after Dec 1 will not receive HKPA and will only get paid by the base salary which is 31,000ish HKD. This has been confirmed by the new recruitment manager.

Hi, thanks for the info, but could anyone further explains this?
No PA for the first 3 years or for the entire career?
Thanks!

whk1995
15th Nov 2018, 06:51
Hi, thanks for the info, but could anyone further explains this?
No PA for the first 3 years or for the entire career?
Thanks!

For the first 3 years only cause this 16,000/mo is paying for your cadet training.
After 3 years, you will receive the PA again.

leungch
16th Nov 2018, 21:18
Hi everyone!

I am new to here and I am starting my preparation at this moment and looking for some buddies to study together. Please contact me! TG: marylch

elementx
19th Nov 2018, 04:59
Thinking about applying for the next intake. Does anyone know the duration of the "forgivable loan", knowing new cadets won't get housing allowance for the first three years??

chermaine
22nd Nov 2018, 07:40
Hello,
We are finding other 2 groupmates on 7 Jan, 2019 for stage 2
please find me via telegram: @chermaine1002
Thanks!!

sokl901005
23rd Nov 2018, 02:15
Just applied for KA
Still hoping to find some buddies to study together
TG: sokl901005
Whatsapp: 67429037
Cheers

sokl901005
23rd Nov 2018, 02:18
Hi Guys,

We are going to form a study group in Kwun Tong every night from 6 pm to 10 pm. We will have a first meeting on this coming Saturday. Please feel free to join. For more information, please Whatspp me: 6443 1754 :D

Cheers.

Are you guys still meeting?

Order66
24th Nov 2018, 03:28
Hi all,
I am planning to apply cpp in late Feb or beginning of March. Does any buddy will do it around that time? please feel free to contact me. I will graduate after X'mas.
Email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +61406939117

castineiras
29th Nov 2018, 18:43
Good day mates! I have applied for the program last year and after a month or two, Cathay invited me for the initial step or 1a as they call it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get in because I was underprepared. It was my term in uni when I got the invite and I was studying for my finals.

I updated my application and still waiting for their reply...and it has been a year and a half. :(

Can anyone add me to their facebook / telegram / viber study/discussion groups where I could ask study materials from. My username is Hans Eco.

Thank you everyone:)

I trayed to call there but you dont answer.

terencelam
1st Dec 2018, 18:17
Excuse me guys and gals. I heard Cathay change their mode of the initial ab selections. However, I can't find any relevant info in this thread.
PLEASE HELP! .....><:ugh:

Vincee
2nd Dec 2018, 03:51
Excuse me guys and gals. I heard Cathay change their mode of the initial ab selections. However, I can't find any relevant info in this thread.
PLEASE HELP! .....><:ugh:
Yes I failed last year and re-applied at the end of Nov 2018 and received invitation which held at 10 Dec 2018. There is a bit difference from last year that you would need to take ICAO English test by yourself if you pass the Initial A, before B. It costs 1920HKD paid by yourself as said in the email. It looks like they are keep changing selection process....

BTW does anyone know where can I take the ICAO test online or any tuition class in HK? Many thanks!

alexgomes93
6th Dec 2018, 05:46
Hey! I'm planning to apply early Jan.

andrea_k
7th Dec 2018, 07:52
Hello, I am planning to apply in this month and would like to join the study group. I did open an account for registration for CX cadet pilot before. However when I was trying to complete it today, I could not find the option for cadet pilot only for second office and first officer. Does everyone have the same problem as mine or is it just me?

sokl901005
7th Dec 2018, 13:40
Yes I failed last year and re-applied at the end of Nov 2018 and received invitation which held at 10 Dec 2018. There is a bit difference from last year that you would need to take ICAO English test by yourself if you pass the Initial A, before B. It costs 1920HKD paid by yourself as said in the email. It looks like they are keep changing selection process....

BTW does anyone know where can I take the ICAO test online or any tuition class in HK? Many thanks!

I applied in Nov too, going to initial A on 20th. Good luck to you!!
If you can share some tips after your assessment I appreciate it :)

Negitables
9th Dec 2018, 12:11
Hello!
We are still finding the last stage 2 groupmate for CX in 9th Jan 2019.
Please feel free to pm or contact me via mail: [email protected]
Thanks

Foxdeux
10th Dec 2018, 16:13
I find it intriguing how all the CX pilots are posting warnings, yet you wannabe pilots simply ignore it. Either Hong Kong is really in the ****ter when it comes to employment or you all have a deficiency in foresight.

adrianos6496
11th Dec 2018, 13:44
Hello, we are finding our group mates for Stage 2 on 10th Jan 2019.
Please pm me or contact me at [email protected]!
Best.

fmamousse
14th Dec 2018, 13:14
HI guys ! Anybody going to the screening process at the end of Jan ? Im taking the exams on 30-31 Jan19.

cheers

jjhews
18th Dec 2018, 05:56
You guys know that you now pay for 50% of the training costs right? The downward spiral continues.

Can you elaborate? Potential joiner.

joedabro
20th Dec 2018, 03:40
Hi all,

Just got the call for TT interview on Jan 23-24.

Anybody else going that day?

TurningFinalRWY36
20th Dec 2018, 04:26
Hi all,

Just got the call for TT interview on Jan 23-24.

Anybody else going that day?

you are aware of COS18 yes? Also don't be fooled during the interview, they will probably lie to you about fleet, bases, staff travel, list goes on.

SilentZephyrus
23rd Dec 2018, 21:39
I failed last August and was told I wasn't going to be reconsidered for another year, just got an invite for Stage 1 on 9/1, but the process has changed, now they do tech quiz + aptitude, then have you pay for their ICAO English proficiency before even getting to Initial B...

bravopapa10
24th Dec 2018, 01:36
Anyone invited to initial A on January 14?

bmczxfwz
24th Dec 2018, 11:54
They're getting desperate, I failed last August and was told I wasn't going to be reconsidered for another year, just got an invite for Stage 1 on 9/1, but the process has changed, now they do tech quiz + aptitude, then have you pay for their ICAO English proficiency before even getting to Initial B...
do you mean that they invited you without you reapplying after last August?

qk340077
25th Dec 2018, 07:43
Anyone have 1b on 11 Jan?

SilentZephyrus
25th Dec 2018, 14:34

I updated my work experience a month after I failed, but otherwise I'd left it untouched.

joedabro
27th Dec 2018, 21:52
SO interview Jan 23-24 anyone? :)

castineiras
27th Dec 2018, 22:06
I was invited interview S.O. FEB13-14

Whatthef
28th Dec 2018, 01:33
SO interview Jan 23-24 anyone? :)

Congrats!Do you mind sharing your total time, to get an idea of what kind of experience they are seeking?

I applied ages ago and am still awaiting an invite.

joedabro
28th Dec 2018, 02:45
Congrats!Do you mind sharing your total time, to get an idea of what kind of experience they are seeking?

I applied ages ago and am still awaiting an invite.

Hey

I have HKID and i got to stage 2 of cadet program 3 years ago but didnt make it.

I m now right seat of a Q400 and have about 1850 hours, ATPL, 800 2 crew turbine.

I didnt hear back until the longest time and then I switched my interview location to Hong Kong and got the invite a couple days later..

castineiras
28th Dec 2018, 22:01
Will it be the final interview?

sammybro
30th Dec 2018, 03:54
Hello mates

I have the problem of lazy eye since I was a kid. After undertaking some treatment in my childhood, my lazy eye problem was not cured completely at all. My left eye would not not occcaionally lose focus, but happen when i am extremely tired.

I am wondering can i join the CX cadet piloit even though i have glasses to correct my vision? Is there any CX cadet pilot is suffering from lazy eye too? Also, is it possible for me to seek advice from Aviation Medical Exaimner (AME) in Hong Kong before i make the application to CX, because I don’t want to be disqualified after i have, if possible, gone through all the interview stages.

million thanks!

castineiras
1st Jan 2019, 15:14
SO interview FEB 13-14 anyone?

amalfi
2nd Jan 2019, 16:06
Anyone got their 1A on the 22nd of Jan?

Giantbb
4th Jan 2019, 10:44
I am with you on the 23rd and 24th :)

sokl901005
7th Jan 2019, 11:46
Just passed ICAO and waiting for the next stage normally how long does it take before they contact you again???

powah
7th Jan 2019, 19:47
Applied for SO cadet just before the new years. How long does it usually take to get a response from Cathay?

MasterButtonPusher
8th Jan 2019, 11:43
Hey everyone, looking for any Stage 2 group mates taking the assessments on 20 Feb. Please make an account and PM me if you are one of them. Thanks!

=============================

As a new poster your posts are checked by a human being before they appear. It lasts for a limited number of posts.

Works purely to cut out the scamsters, crooks, malware merchants and lonely Nigerian ladies. Same reason you can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

sokl901005
10th Jan 2019, 15:54
1B on 22/1!! Anyone else?

lipoho
13th Jan 2019, 04:43
Is there anyone applied and waiting for reply?

Order66
14th Jan 2019, 09:26
Hi all,
I am planning to apply cpp in late Feb or beginning of March. Does any buddy will do it around that time? please feel free to contact me. I will graduate after X'mas.
Email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +61406939117
Hi everyone,
I have change my whatsapp number to +85261154346.
Thx

bulunsorda
15th Jan 2019, 02:31
They're getting desperate, I failed last August and was told I wasn't going to be reconsidered for another year, just got an invite for Stage 1 on 9/1, but the process has changed, now they do tech quiz + aptitude, then have you pay for their ICAO English proficiency before even getting to Initial B...

Hi! May I know how long it takes to receive ICAO invitation after conducting Stage 1A?

powah
15th Jan 2019, 09:27

Just got my invitation. Was around a 3 week wait.

powah
15th Jan 2019, 09:29
Does anyone know if we are allowed pen/paper for applied numeracy part of the Cut-e test?

lipoho
16th Jan 2019, 08:12
Just got my invitation. Was around a 3 week wait.

Thanks for your information

CaptainSing
16th Jan 2019, 10:02
Hey everyone, looking for any Stage 2 group mates taking the assessments on 20 Feb. Please make an account and PM me if you are one of them. Thanks!

As a new poster your posts are checked by a human being before they appear. It lasts for a limited number of posts.

Works purely to cut out the scamsters, crooks, malware merchants and lonely Nigerian ladies. Same reason you can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Your PM inbox is full. I am also doing my Stage 2 on February 20. My number is +85295460814. Let's meet up, let me know.

smm841
17th Jan 2019, 01:16
Hi Guys,

I am an HK Permanent Resident and I am looking to join the cadet programme after I graduate from Uni in the UK in June 2020. I would like to get in touch with someone who has more knowledge regarding the application and selection process. Can someone whatsapp me my number is +44 7448595602 or DM to discuss.

MasterButtonPusher
17th Jan 2019, 02:27
Your PM inbox is full. I am also doing my Stage 2 on February 20. My number is +85295460814. Let's meet up, let me know.
Ok I sent you a whatsapp message

chermaine
17th Jan 2019, 05:56
Does anyone know if we are allowed pen/paper for applied numeracy part of the Cut-e test?

Yes, you will also be given a calculator

Notflyinghigh
18th Jan 2019, 02:02
Yes, you will also be given a calculator

Wait, your allowed a calculator now?

King Y
19th Jan 2019, 08:38
Hi all
My application was submitted last week
I am currently looking my buddies for the cadetship
here is my contact
telegram @MrKingishere
+852 65021031

malerie
19th Jan 2019, 22:18
You are allowed calculator... just in case you don't know how to convert your hectares to your squared cm or you have forgotten how to do simple multiplication like 2 x 3.14 x 4 ... The process is actually really really really easy now and it feels like anyone who has common sense can get through the selection. I did 1A 2 months ago and I did not even prepare for the cut-e or read the book they asked us to read.. i was sure i won't get through but i got through to the english test which i got level 4, which was the minimum required. then came 1B, this was just a chilled chat - most memorable question "dont you know most of the pilots wants to leave this company now, why do you want to join?" and "do you know of the cos18" .. i had to make something up to impress them so I just said the something like the A350 looks cool and say what i saw on instagram from the pilots made me want to do what they do.. it felt like the interviewer herself had enough of this company.. Just passed the final interview recently and i didn't prepare much again, the group interview was a mess everyone was shouting over each other we did not even make a conclusion because of the shouting, i didnt understand one of the guys his english was bad.. I was surprised six out of six people got through tho, then came the flight planning and i actually had no idea what was going on, but just followed along with my group mates, and then came the last final interview and we just talked about cathays recent problems, felt really weird like no one wanted to be there.. maybe its because cadets pay half now its easier or just for every cadet they recruit so many pilots leave that it seems that they will take anyone now, the people who got to final interviews the days before i did mine most of them passed, so i dont think its really that hard now to get in to the program.. just have to bring the common sense to interview and you will be in adelaide in 5 months! good luck!

Notflyinghigh
20th Jan 2019, 04:00
That is indeed odd. As i attempted a few years previously and missed out at the final interview. no calculators were allowed. 1B did ask about their financial issues and such but I was prepared for such questions. Stage 2 was a lot more technical and some HR, but nothing about the recent issues at the time. (guess a lot has happened since then with the new COS)

cumforme
21st Jan 2019, 10:31
You are allowed calculator... just in case you don't know how to convert your hectares to your squared cm or you have forgotten how to do simple multiplication like 2 x 3.14 x 4 ... The process is actually really really really easy now and it feels like anyone who has common sense can get through the selection. I did 1A 2 months ago and I did not even prepare for the cut-e or read the book they asked us to read.. i was sure i won't get through but i got through to the english test which i got level 4, which was the minimum required. then came 1B, this was just a chilled chat - most memorable question "dont you know most of the pilots wants to leave this company now, why do you want to join?" and "do you know of the cos18" .. i had to make something up to impress them so I just said the something like the A350 looks cool and say what i saw on instagram from the pilots made me want to do what they do.. it felt like the interviewer herself had enough of this company.. Just passed the final interview recently and i didn't prepare much again, the group interview was a mess everyone was shouting over each other we did not even make a conclusion because of the shouting, i didnt understand one of the guys his english was bad.. I was surprised six out of six people got through tho, then came the flight planning and i actually had no idea what was going on, but just followed along with my group mates, and then came the last final interview and we just talked about cathays recent problems, felt really weird like no one wanted to be there.. maybe its because cadets pay half now its easier or just for every cadet they recruit so many pilots leave that it seems that they will take anyone now, the people who got to final interviews the days before i did mine most of them passed, so i dont think its really that hard now to get in to the program.. just have to bring the common sense to interview and you will be in adelaide in 5 months! good luck!

Agree. It gets so much easier nowadays when you compare with the process in 2015.

For me, I passed the the interview just days before Christmas and I was offered a place on the program but I eventually walked away. I really don't think I can learn anything out by watching someone to fly the jet for 5 years , and I absolutely can't accept the idea of paying my money to a school that does not have adequate trainers and resources.

Not the 4 years of education in HKU taught me to do. Make no mistake, I love Cathay, and I have always wanted to work for them since I was a kid. But this company has gone done hill. It has gotten to a point where no-one wants to come here except the poor. Now I would rather work three jobs a day to save up the money to fly than selling my soul to this crap and mentally unstable company.

Absolutely disgusting.

malerie
21st Jan 2019, 18:10
And that is why I am walking away too because I am better than this.

With me I see applicants/cadets with impressive qualifications coming in, saying that being a pilot is their dream etc etc etc... but if it is really a dream, then they would prove to be better than this and as you said work and pay for flight training and work somewhere else.

I am surprised people who have degrees don't see what they are getting themselves into, are you really to the point where this is your only option? This joke of a company and its cadet programme is just the easy route that people are taking, people that are not thinking of the long term and this is just going to get worse.

I think many people are just misled by the two prominent instagrammers propagandizing the greatness of Cafay Pathetic, people just don't know that their lives are not going to be like that of those captains on the old contract. Don't listen to people when they say upgrades are going to take 6 years or so, its going to take longer. You may think longer by 1-2 years is fine, but with that rubbish salary and the high cost of living in hk, how are you going to move out of your parents by the age of 35? How are you going to raise a family?

Imagine playing a flight simulator game on autopilot overnight, seem boring? that is your job for the good part of your first decade as a "pilot". This and I haven't even started talking about this CoS18. People who are better, that are willing to do anything for their dream are taking an alternative route that gets them to the rank of captains in those 6+ years whilst you gain nothing. It used to be great, when the batches were 12, now there are 15+ in the recent batch. 15+ that are going for the easy route, the easy route that will make them regret after 1 or 2 years when they get bored while they look up at people who are already senior first officers in other airlines with a family and good quality of life. Cathay used to be for the elite with the highest standards, now cafay is for the desperate individuals with no standards.

If you think you have standards, you won't go for this airline. Think again people, don't let the smart looking exterior of the CX A350 fool you and to people who passed the final interview, well done but most of the others passed it and will pass it with common sense. For people who have queries, my advice is to stay away.

chivato
23rd Jan 2019, 07:14
How was your 1a assessment? were they covering much of the latestpilotjobs aptitude at very hard level in all competencies?

Blackett750
23rd Jan 2019, 13:17

Hey, I am interviewing 20th Feb keen to study up?

chivato
24th Jan 2019, 01:44
There are 3 levels on cut-e for the applied numeracy competency (easy, medium, hard)...which level did they test you? why is it that there's a need for calculator?

Until2046
24th Jan 2019, 09:20
Hi guys, looking for any stage 2 group mates who will have his/her assessments on 21 Feb. Please make an account to pm me or contact me by +852 69705978. Many thanks!!

==============================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

hkdixonhk
24th Jan 2019, 10:02
My application was submitted last month
I am currently looking for buddies for the cadetship
here is my contact
+852 63425347

MasterButtonPusher
25th Jan 2019, 07:06
Hey, I am interviewing 20th Feb keen to study up?
Are you doing Stage 1B interview or Stage 2 interview on 20 Feb?

Patrickng414
25th Jan 2019, 13:38

Something similar is happening to me.
Failed stage 1B for KA in March 2018, and few days ago I got invited to do 1B again on 4 Feb.
but they told me have to do ICAO assessment before the interview, which has cost me around 2000HKD.

fatjack
27th Jan 2019, 05:31
Hi All,

Newbie here. I am intending to apply for the Cathay Cadet Program. I don't want to apply until I am confident that I will pass all exam stages.

On the technical questionnaire, does anyone have a list of questions they typically ask? I have been informed there is a list of roughly 100 questions the technical questionnaire typically circulate through.

Any current online study groups that are open to other members. Keen for a study buddy!

Thanks in advance.

malerie
29th Jan 2019, 08:41
Hi All,

Newbie here. I am intending to apply for the Cathay Cadet Program. I don't want to apply until I am confident that I will pass all exam stages.

On the technical questionnaire, does anyone have a list of questions they typically ask? I have been informed there is a list of roughly 100 questions the technical questionnaire typically circulate through.

Any current online study groups that are open to other members. Keen for a study buddy!

Thanks in advance.

I didn't prepare much for this part of the interview, it is very easy and requires common sense only. There are 4 answers to a question and 3 of the answers are obviously wrong and you can use the process of elimination. I read the book they recommended an hour before the test and passed it easily, nothing to worry about.

Blackett750
29th Jan 2019, 10:55
Are you doing Stage 1B interview or Stage 2 interview on 20 Feb?

Stage 2 I think. Its the 2 day final assessment in HK.

sokl901005
29th Jan 2019, 12:49
Stage 2/ final on 22 Feb for cadet, any one else?
Whatsapp +85267429037

MasterButtonPusher
30th Jan 2019, 02:16
Stage 2 I think. Its the 2 day final assessment in HK.
Would you happen to be applying for Direct Entry Second Officer? Because the two day assessment you mention is not applicable for people applying for the Ab Initio Cadet Program. My group members and I are doing the group exercise, flight planning exercise, and final interview all on 20 Feb, with nothing else the day before or day after.

Daniel Choy
30th Jan 2019, 02:54
Hi Everyone
I will complete my PPL in a month and I would like to practice more for the cadetship in CX/KA.
If there is any studying group, pls let me join.
million thanks.
wtsapp 68258343

futurecaptain_k
30th Jan 2019, 13:31
One week for mine.

win1_
2nd Feb 2019, 16:19
Hi guys! I'm currently preparing for the cadet program. I wanna know more about the actual process.

According to the cx website, after online application, ICAO English test, computer-based test and technical quiz will be conducted. I

Is aptitude test (numerical reasoning)included or in general what kind of test is included in the computer-based test? Also, around how many question will be asked in the technical quiz?

Thanks a lot and good luck to all candidates here.

needzforspeed
6th Feb 2019, 12:09
Would you happen to be applying for Direct Entry Second Officer? Because the two day assessment you mention is not applicable for people applying for the Ab Initio Cadet Program. My group members and I are doing the group exercise, flight planning exercise, and final interview all on 20 Feb, with nothing else the day before or day after.
Hi....Can you advise me on how much time does it take to submit the application and forms and get an email for interview etc? i submitted everything on 7th Jan 2019, but till now no news.

if someone can whatsapp me for discussion / preparation...+60143297728 Naveed (Malaysia)

needzforspeed
6th Feb 2019, 12:53

yea..had applied 8th Jan.....but still no reply.

How about you?

Can discuss on whatsapp if possible +60143297728

maruko
7th Feb 2019, 07:42
Hello,
I am planning to apply to CX cadet in June or July this year and i am looking for study groupmates. Anyone who is planning to apply in roughly the same period?
Would be so nice of you to pm me if you are looking for a study buddy or let me join your study group.
Good luck to all of you!
Cheers.

table
10th Feb 2019, 06:55
They are desperate. Now everyone with a HKID card and can write the 28 English alphabets will get into the cadet programme.

Jetstream alpha
10th Feb 2019, 13:33
They are desperate. Now everyone with a HKID card and can write the 28 English alphabets will get into the cadet programme.

not sure you're what they're after then table... where did the extra 2 letters come from? :O

DHV
10th Feb 2019, 22:09
Did you guys see this? "If you are a Hong Kong Permanent resident you may be eligible to apply with less than 250 hours provided you have an ICAO CPL and MEIR and meet all other Second Officer requirements." Boy. They are really scrapping the bottle of the barrow.

Oh, they not only have Pre-qualified Cadet for those who have CPL, they also have DESO for those who have CPL/MEIR and ATPL EXAM credits. Both are for HKID Holders, correct?

Anyone know for candidates of these 2 streams, will their allowance be withheld for the first 3 years like the ab-initio cadets?

fatjack
11th Feb 2019, 22:54
Hi Maruko

I'm in the same boat as you. Would love to join your study group!

U3527276
14th Feb 2019, 08:53
Hi
I would like to apply in June/July also. Would like to join study group! Thanks.

Scrotch
15th Feb 2019, 08:15
Hi guys
Did anyone have cx 1b recently?
Was there any technical questions?
Thanks!

Eugene816
16th Feb 2019, 07:42
Can anyone tell me if Initial A (cut-e tests) are on the same day as Initial B (technical questionnaire + interview)? for cadets, I mean. If not, then whats the time frame for calling you back for Initial B? Thanks

johnwick
17th Feb 2019, 04:12
Hi there,
Looking for stage 2 groupmates on 6 March.
Plz email [email protected]

bonhy
17th Feb 2019, 15:26
hi all i am new to here, is there any study group? or anyone interested to form one pls contact me
Telegram: bonhy

thank you!

Rodney_H
18th Feb 2019, 09:16
Hi guys,
Looking for Stage 2 groupmate on 4 Mar 2019
Pls whatapp +852 6752 9887
Thanks!!

smm841
19th Feb 2019, 00:22
Hi Sammy, I am looking to apply around the same time as well. Could you add me to your study group please, my whatsapp number if +44 7448595602

Chilavert
20th Feb 2019, 06:33
Hi guys.

I'm newbie here. I applied few weeks ago for Second Officer position but I have less then required 250 hours. Does anybody know if there is any chance to be selected for further checks and how quick do they usually reply?

Thank a lot for reply

needzforspeed
22nd Feb 2019, 12:31
Hi guys.

I'm newbie here. I applied few weeks ago for Second Officer position but I have less then required 250 hours. Does anybody know if there is any chance to be selected for further checks and how quick do they usually reply?

Thank a lot for reply
hi,i have applied for direct entry second officer position with more than 1500 hrs. I had submitted forms on 8th Jan, no reply so far.

austinc
24th Feb 2019, 03:34
I have a question when I am applying Cathay's cadet program. When I started the application, there are no position for me to select cadet pilot or should I just click the second officer button?

bravopapa10
26th Feb 2019, 05:16
Can anyone tell me if Initial A (cut-e tests) are on the same day as Initial B (technical questionnaire + interview)? for cadets, I mean. If not, then whats the time frame for calling you back for Initial B? Thanks
No, they aren't. For international applicants, the timeframe between 1A and 1B is a couple days, and for those who currently reside in HK it was about two weeks.

smm841
27th Feb 2019, 15:36
Are Calculators allowed in 1A's Math Test? and was Inductive Logical Thinking also part of the CUT-E Aptitude tests for 1A? Planning to apply in June 2020 if anyone is interested in forming a study group to learn the Aeronautical Theory and Knowledge please message me on Whatsapp +44 7448595602.

leena666
28th Feb 2019, 12:03
Just wonder is anyone going to have 1A on 19 March ?

edchen1314
2nd Mar 2019, 04:18
I didn't prepare much for this part of the interview, it is very easy and requires common sense only. There are 4 answers to a question and 3 of the answers are obviously wrong and you can use the process of elimination. I read the book they recommended an hour before the test and passed it easily, nothing to worry about.

Hi, what is the book they recommended ?

bornwithwings
2nd Mar 2019, 20:28
You’re looking at June 2020 mate. Who knows what’s gonna happen in June 2020?! And by the way, did you know that you now have to pay 2000 HKD to IAE for the ICAO profiecieny testing before you can attend an interview? Perhaps this time next year they are gonna move the sequence again. But to your question, Yes you can use a calculator in the maths test and No there is no reasoning test in the Cute.

I am damn sure you are a typical honki donkey, who dreams to have everything served with silver spoon! you cant manage 2k for an interview??
Why do u need to compare with previous regulations!

cos 08 and cos18 will definitely be different, unless if u still wear 2008 clothes?

Crip and cringe, thats what i mostly hear from you guys.
Beg and dependant on government for house, scramble for green forms and white forms.
Need to be pilot, but seek fully sponspored scholarish and training.
Son, there is no free lunch.

Scrotch
3rd Mar 2019, 11:32
Hi guys, just wonder how did you prepare for stage 2 technical interview? Read the whole PHAK?

alexgomes93
5th Mar 2019, 04:11
Hey mate! Would love to join the study group.

last3xile
7th Mar 2019, 01:55
I would like to join a study group in HK.
I have no aviation experience or knowledge at this time.

shoot me an email if there are any who are gathering in HK to study.

[email protected]

thanks!

Poloball
7th Mar 2019, 15:31
Hello all
Finding groupmates for stage 2 on 3 April
please inbox me

Leveraged Pilot
9th Mar 2019, 02:47
Has anyone over age 30+ applied and gotten a reply before? I applied like 5 months ago - still no response.

Chilavert
9th Mar 2019, 12:19
Applied 2 month ago without any response so far

Gilly98
9th Mar 2019, 22:51
Hi everyone,

I'm planning in applying to the cadet pilot programme this summer and was wondering whether someone would be kind enough to add me to a WhatsApp study group or would like to create one. I'm in my final year of a degree in Aerospace engineering and have some aviation knowledge :).

My number is +44 7576 585332.

Many thanks.

kxxxxxxxx
11th Mar 2019, 13:26
Anybody know how fast/hard the CX cut-e tests are in comparison to the different levels on Latest Pilot Jobs?

Nodaddyplzno
12th Mar 2019, 16:11
Anybody know how fast/hard the CX cut-e tests are in comparison to the different levels on Latest Pilot Jobs?

I did both the ryanair / jet2.com which also uses the cut-e system. Obviously slightly different in terms of user interface compared to latestpilotjobs, but similar enough. Difficulty is medium. Probably on the easier side of medium.

Is anyone able to let me know if they are still asking silly numerical questions such as .99999/9999.99 = x ?

AVGAS17
17th Mar 2019, 00:10
Hey Leverage, Im over 30 and I got a response within 4days of applying for my 1A test later this month.
This is my second attempt so I dont think age or attempts should matter in regards to if they interview you or not.
Try looking at your application to see if you can add in anything more that would make you stand out.

needzforspeed
17th Mar 2019, 15:24
Has anyone over age 30+ applied and gotten a reply before? I applied like 5 months ago - still no response.
Hi,
i had applied on 8th Jan, no response.
they even dont tell in case they no longer considering us.

kswk
18th Mar 2019, 07:16
Hi Everyone,

I have just applied for CPP and now waiting for 1A invitation.
Feel free to reach me if you want to form a study group / discussion.
mobile: +852 64372077

Thanks.

Jchonchung
22nd Mar 2019, 01:49
Good day,
We are looking for groupmate of CXCPP Stages 04APR19
Please kindly inbox, thanks!

===========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

ryan2124
22nd Mar 2019, 19:08
Good day,
We are looking for groupmate of CXCPP Stages 04APR19
Please kindly inbox, thanks!

I guess I'm one of the guys you're looking for

DJLONG
24th Mar 2019, 06:53

Hi Ryan, we will be in the same CP stage 2 group on 4/4, can you add my TG: djhaying We have formed a group.

Jchonchung
25th Mar 2019, 05:51
Ryan, good day and please check PM, thanks!

==================================

kswk
2nd Apr 2019, 08:38
1A on 2nd May. Anyone?

Jcht94
3rd Apr 2019, 05:45
Hello, anyone has 23rd April 1A interview?

Jcht94
3rd Apr 2019, 05:48
Hello! would you mind me to ask you some questions please?
please add my WhatsApp +12065567530

chc.1989
13th Apr 2019, 12:27
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information on the ICAO assessment please?

Many thanks in advance.

GL, all the best

ryan2124
14th Apr 2019, 12:24
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information on the ICAO assessment please?

Many thanks in advance.

GL, all the best
Look for the CLEAR test at the iaeltd website

sundi04
17th Apr 2019, 02:03
I got 1A on 30APR.

Maaz Milfer
22nd Apr 2019, 14:35
Anyone want to start a study group or study pair? Please feel free to contact me +44 7448595602 on WhatsApp

bonhy
22nd Apr 2019, 14:53
Hello anyone forming study group now? Interested in forming/ joining a study group.
I am planning to apply on Jun/July, my TG is bonhy, thanks!

phone
23rd Apr 2019, 07:06
I got 1A on 30APR.
same here at 9am. Best of luck together.

I have organised a study group. If you guys are interested, please feel free to message me

Thanks

Radar52
24th Apr 2019, 07:01
hi,i have applied for direct entry second officer position with more than 1500 hrs. I had submitted forms on 8th Jan, no reply so far.

Hi needz’
i think this group is for Cadets only, I have also submitted documents for direct entry direct entry second officer position in March and also still no reply...
Have you got a reply yet?

fx550999
25th Apr 2019, 12:52
Looking for teammates who have stage 2 on 10th May. Please pm thanks.

celine747
30th Apr 2019, 02:27
Hi guys, if anyone interested in doing preparation together for the cadet interview in Hong Kong. Please whatsapp me at 852 69320019

exobile
4th May 2019, 05:13
Anyone have Initial A on May 21st and interested in studying together? PM me at 6046799638 :)

torque400lbs
5th May 2019, 07:48
Hey guys, Just wanted to know when you submitted the application, did you send additional documents to them? And how long did you wait to receive an email? I submitted in March but haven't received a reply yet. I am wondering it is because I didn't send additional documents like school report card. Thanks a bunch.

yjchoi502
5th May 2019, 10:54
Hi guys,

Just started to explore the Cathay cadet program, and i am interested in both CX and KA.

On the website, it says application is open year-round, but seems like KA still has the option to choose for cadet, but CX does not (only have second officer, first officer, and simulator instructor).

Is choosing second officer in CX is equivalent to applying for the cadet program?

Thanks,
YJ

skychief1994
5th May 2019, 17:46
Hey guys. I've submitted my docs as requested to Cathay for the advanced entry course. They've told me that they will invite me for the final interviews and the earliest time slot will be in August 2019. Just wondering if someone got the same email and would like to study together for it. Thank you.

smm841
6th May 2019, 16:21
are you allowed to use calculators for stage 1A numerical test?

assiduous
7th May 2019, 03:32
Hello everyone, just a quick query, does the current program require applicants to be HK residents? Or is it open to international candidates as well?

phone
8th May 2019, 11:58
are you allowed to use calculators for stage 1A numerical test?
they will provide 1 for you. Tasks are very simple so no worries.

phone
8th May 2019, 12:03
Hello everyone, just a quick query, does the current program require applicants to be HK residents? Or is it open to international candidates as well?
careers.cathaypacific.com/jobs/cadet-pilot-cathay-pacific

Make sure you are capable to read their instructions and apply. Search before you ask.

phone
8th May 2019, 12:04
Hi guys,

Just started to explore the Cathay cadet program, and i am interested in both CX and KA.

On the website, it says application is open year-round, but seems like KA still has the option to choose for cadet, but CX does not (only have second officer, first officer, and simulator instructor).

Is choosing second officer in CX is equivalent to applying for the cadet program?

Thanks,
YJ
Yes simply choose Second Officer would do for CX.

smm841
9th May 2019, 10:02
Is there a inductive logical thinking shapes tes?t and are you allowed calculators for the maths test?

torque400lbs
10th May 2019, 05:51
Will CX reply even if they reject your application or only if you are invited to an interview? I sent the application almost 2 months ago but haven’t received any reply.

Nicok
10th May 2019, 18:00
I received a reply a year and a half after my application.

torque400lbs
11th May 2019, 13:00
I received a reply a year and a half after my application.
Jesus! You have the patience of a saint. Did you email or call them about your application progress prior to your first interview?

Nicok
13th May 2019, 13:08
Never emailed or called them about my application progress. Just woke up to an email a year later.

Flylok
15th May 2019, 05:58
Hi guys, I am preparing this year's application (failed in stage 2 last year) and also I am looking for people who are willing to prepare in weekly/bi-weekly meetings.
please pm if you are interested.

tsecl
21st May 2019, 08:26
G’day guys. Looking for Stage 2 teammates on 11 June 2019, kindly inbox. Cheers.

Flylok
22nd May 2019, 02:51
Hi guys.... have you guys heard about direct entering into icao & stage 2 for those who failed in stage 2?

Nck
22nd May 2019, 14:07
Hello. Same here. Feel free to whatsapp me at 66339891. Thanks

jessicaoneillx
22nd May 2019, 23:18
Heyya, I'm going to apply around June, so if anyone wants to study for 1A together & do practice interviews etc- message me on whatsapp at +852 91807897

benedictchan
27th May 2019, 05:34
hey guys. Looking for Stage 2 teammates on 13 June 2019, kindly inbox. Cheers.

==============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Linkwu
27th May 2019, 15:50
Hi all, looking for stage 2 teammates on 12Jun2019, please inbox, thank you.

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

kswk
28th May 2019, 01:44
Hi all, looking for stage 2 teammates on 12Jun2019, please inbox, thank you.

May I know when did you guys have 1b?
I am still waiting for feedback after 1b...

torque400lbs
30th May 2019, 06:59
Hey friend, congrats on passing your 1A and all the best for your 1B result. Just wanted to know how difficult was your 1A? I have the assessment coming up in 3 weeks and am **** scared. I have the 120 mins Cut-e test and 60 mins tech quiz on the same day. There is so much to study and practice for the cut-e. Does the 60 minutes quiz consists of questions from all the pages of the 5 chapters? Thank you and all the best.

marco777
1st Jun 2019, 06:04
After graduate from fta, if the company assigns the SO for cargo fleet, is there any chance for changing fleet after a period of time? plus may i ask how’s the path of existing 747 SO? will they be able to change when they get promoted? or the company will tend to assign passenger fleet for those 747 SO when they get promoted? thanks all

musthafa
4th Jun 2019, 14:09
Greeting Aviators!

I've been selected for Initial 1a with CX and this is my 3rd attempt in 2 years time, only this time I've come back with my CPL IR versus no flight experience the last 2 attempts. I am more than happy to be acquainted with fellow candidates who have been through the screening or have yet to. I am available on Whatsapp +85266771552. Feel free to include me in your prep..Lets prep together!

avibeeeeee
4th Jun 2019, 15:51
Hey guy! I just finished my 1a today.
I could like to ask how long will i receive the invitation/failure email?
Any updates for who has completed 1a as well recently?

mk18mod1
11th Jun 2019, 09:27
cheers helps a lot

A320x
13th Jun 2019, 10:12
After graduate from fta, if the company assigns the SO for cargo fleet, is there any chance for changing fleet after a period of time? plus may i ask how’s the path of existing 747 SO? will they be able to change when they get promoted? or the company will tend to assign passenger fleet for those 747 SO when they get promoted? thanks all

No promotion will be for you at least 6-7 yrs if you join today.

Tyh9989
13th Jun 2019, 13:48
Hi there, looking for icao and 1b mates, we have 4 in the group already, feel free to telegram me :Tyh9989
cheers

Hey guy! I just finished my 1a today.
I could like to ask how long will i receive the invitation/failure email?
Any updates for who has completed 1a as well recently?

cliveip
14th Jun 2019, 06:53
Hi, I have 1a on 19th June, feel free to whatsapp me +852 6339 1861

TChew
18th Jun 2019, 11:35
Hi, looking for studymates for 1a feel free to whatsapp me at +852 98747273.

Pilotkid
23rd Jun 2019, 21:16
Good day Guys

Since some of you would've attended the interview and other assessments, I'm trying to get some clarity here;
Is it true that as second officers you stay 5-7 yrs before the upgrade?
Is it true that you are now required to pay 50% of the training cost as of Dec 1st, 2018?
Also, whats the tax (%) on salary there, if they've mentioned it that is?

cheers

A320x
24th Jun 2019, 02:52
Good day Guys

Since some of you would've attended the interview and other assessments, I'm trying to get some clarity here;
Is it true that you are now required to pay 50% of the training cost as of Dec 1st, 2018?

cheers

Not true. More than 7 yrs.
Deduct from your salary (not getting PA for 3 yrs)
Refer to website

MrAndy
24th Jun 2019, 06:47
Good day Guys

cheers

Re: 5-7 years before upgrade. I don't know what they tell people during the interview these days, but I do know that up to 7 years have been thrown around a lot on these forums at various points over the last decade (maybe longer), and it has never been that long. No one has done more than 5 years, and at present, SOs are getting upgraded at around the 4 year mark. The upgrade time is based on seniority, and it will depend on how many SOs are in front of you when you join, how many gets upgraded each year, or how many SOs in front leaves the company. Given the current rate, and the fact that the HKCAD says (in one of their documents) those who hold restricted type ratings are expected to be fully rated at 5 years, it will still likely be 4-5 years. This said, take my numbers, or any numbers you see on this forum with a grain of salt, because no one really knows what can happen in 5 years.

Re: training costs. If you do a full cadetship, I believe you have to pay for half the training under the new contract, which is deducted from your salary over your first few years. To my knowledge, you don't have to pay if you already have an ATPL, or even a CPL.

Re: Tax. Around 15%.

Pilotkid
24th Jun 2019, 07:04
Re: 5-7 years before upgrade. I don't know what they tell people during the interview these days, but I do know that up to 7 years have been thrown around a lot on these forums at various points over the last decade (maybe longer), and it has never been that long. No one has done more than 5 years, and at present, SOs are getting upgraded at around the 4 year mark. The upgrade time is based on seniority, and it will depend on how many SOs are in front of you when you join, how many gets upgraded each year, or how many SOs in front leaves the company. Given the current rate, and the fact that the HKCAD says (in one of their documents) those who hold restricted type ratings are expected to be fully rated at 5 years, it will still likely be 4-5 years. This said, take my numbers, or any numbers you see on this forum with a grain of salt, because no one really knows what can happen in 5 years.

Re: training costs. If you do a full cadetship, I believe you have to pay for half the training under the new contract, which is deducted from your salary over your first few years. To my knowledge, you don't have to pay if you already have an ATPL, or even a CPL.

Re: Tax. Around 15%.

Thanks for this information, now it makes more sense and gives me abit more clarity on the matter, especially with that 50% training cost issue. Do you recall which document of the HKCAD speaks about the restricted type Rating? Would love to have a read.

Cheers

MrAndy
24th Jun 2019, 07:19
Thanks for this information, now it makes more sense and gives me abit more clarity on the matter, especially with that 50% training cost issue. Do you recall which document of the HKCAD speaks about the restricted type Rating? Would love to have a read.

Cheers

Sure. Look up CAD54 on the HKCAD website.

ka1356
27th Jun 2019, 05:57
Hi all, looking for stage 2 teammates for Dragon on 9Jul2019. Kindly inbox or whatsapp me at +852 64945940, thanks;)

exobile
27th Jun 2019, 07:16
Looking for teammates attending group exercise/final interview on August 5th. Feel free to whatsapp me at 1-604-679-9638.

Mr.louis
29th Jun 2019, 15:50
I am in preparation for the Interview. looking for study group (specially for ICAO test and technical test)
Feel free to whatsapp me +852 64298791

victorlaw_4
2nd Jul 2019, 04:26
Hi Tyh9989.

Good afternoon mate and hope you are well!

I am about to do my 1b as well, feel free to discuss tgt and add me via whatsapp +852 93294131.

Thanks!
Victor

YUNNY
5th Jul 2019, 05:11
Hi guys,
I'm going to be doing my Initial A (online tests) and B (interview) assessment on the 11th and 19th of July..... Is anyone able to provide any insight to the questions they ask in the interview?
Whatsapp me on +852 67934979
Thanks
Yun

yeung5402
7th Jul 2019, 13:22
Hi guys,
I'm going to be doing my Initial A (online tests) and B (interview) assessment on the 11th and 19th of July..... Is anyone able to provide any insight to the questions they ask in the interview?
Whatsapp me on +852 67934979
Thanks
Yun
What? Now they send out the initial A and B at the same time? Which means you don't have to pass the technical test to be invited to the HR interview?

ebannawtolip
9th Jul 2019, 04:06
What? Now they send out the initial A and B at the same time? Which means you don't have to pass the technical test to be invited to the HR interview?

Thinking the exact same thing.

Jetstream alpha
9th Jul 2019, 05:07

If you apply from outside of HK they will sometimes do an 'expedited process' where your initial A and B dates are close together so that you don't need to fly to HK twice.

Only if you are successful with your initial A will you be able to attend initial B.

Without further info to the contrary I'm guessing this is what is occurring with Yunny's application, especially as his/her location is set as London.

avery.l
9th Jul 2019, 11:54
Could anyone add me into the telegram group for study and any other info please?
tele username: averrrbc

savk
11th Jul 2019, 13:04
Hi guys I am going to have Initial B at the end of July, anyone want to form a study group for HR? or maybe form a group for the same stage?
wtsap me on +852 91316029 cheers!!

cecilialsw
15th Jul 2019, 08:41
Hi all, looking for CX stage 2 teammates with assessment scheduled for 9th Aug am. Please whatsapp me at +852 6573 2214

verr
15th Jul 2019, 16:16
Hi anyone would like to study and share info together? I am still in preparation at a beginning stage and would like to get myself fully prepared before applying in early 2020.
Please feel free to add me on TG: vt321
Thanks and good luck to everyone! (:

flyingtaurus
16th Jul 2019, 07:09
Good day kindred folk, Can anyone be kind enough to post tips after their assessment? thanks in advance ppl..

Rithfung
16th Jul 2019, 10:59
Hi, I will be attending my 1A on 1st of August, looking for study mate or any study group, need every resource I can find ^^

​​​​​

Gonuts
16th Jul 2019, 11:19
I don't get it. It seems KA offers a much faster track to JFO than Cathay, but why are you all crowding the green brush wing? Is it purely because of the brand or what?

cathytyc
17th Jul 2019, 01:20
hi there, I’m looking for group mates who will be attending Dragon stage 2 interview on 13 August 2019. Feel free to find me on telegram @cathytyc. Cheers and good luck to all pilot wannabes.

mchan22000
17th Jul 2019, 13:55
Hi there,I am having my initial 1A on 12th of August, and would like to form a study group. Anyone interested? Please add me on telegram @KA372 . Thanks : )

shakesk
18th Jul 2019, 11:13
Any idea what the uniform policy is? Do they provide long sleeve shirts too or is it exclusively short sleeve?

flyingtaurus
22nd Jul 2019, 05:34
Good day everyone, Any Advanced Entry candidates in here? Cheers...

leena666
22nd Jul 2019, 12:36
Anyone living in Adelaide wanna to prepare for cadet assessment together ? pm me pls

leena666
24th Jul 2019, 12:00
Any idea what the uniform policy is? Do they provide long sleeve shirts too or is it exclusively short sleeve?

does it really matter ?!

skieskitty
26th Jul 2019, 08:36
Dear all,

I am looking for group mates to form study group. Please feel free to PM me if you feel comfortable to join. Thank you very much.

============================

seb972
26th Jul 2019, 11:17
Anyone for stage 2 on 2nd september? please Whatsapp me: +33 0 6 46 25 13 70 or email me: [email protected]

lester0511
1st Aug 2019, 16:33
Hi, have anyone applied recently and received Stage 1A invitation? I have applied for more than 2 weeks but still got no reply.