PDA

View Full Version : DUBLIN - 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ryan2000
25th Oct 2012, 23:54
Ryanair and Aerlingus regularly did Cork Dublin in 25 mins.

EI-BUD
26th Oct 2012, 12:59
What is the actual flying time BFS-DUB? Thanks

I am going on BFS DUB ALC tomorrow. Flying BFS DUB should be max 15 mins.

Stewart28
26th Oct 2012, 13:33
Did not know there was a flight from BFS to DUB

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Oct 2012, 13:55
What's this huge amount of connecting passengers on EI's long haul? Can someone put a daily volume or average % by load factor on it?

Thank

Almost sure about a year or two somebody saiid that a third of T?A EI passengers were connecting and since then Aer Lingus have grown there connections so it has to be close to 50% now and with the later BOS and ORD starting in March it allows more options to connect from Europe.

dublinaviator
26th Oct 2012, 14:27
According to this article, 80 percent of Aer Lingus’ transatlantic traffic is now originating beyond the Irish market (dated October 2011):

Aer Lingus, pursuing sixth freedom strategy, seeks trans-Atlantic joint venture | CAPA - Centre for Aviation (http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/aer-lingus-pursuing-sixth-freedom-strategy-seeks-trans-atlantic-joint-venture-60379)

Another interesting statistic, according to Aer Lingus' Annual Report 2011, is that 21% of passenger revenues are now generated from passengers connecting from inter-airline carriers:

http://www.aerlingus.com/media/aerlinguscom/content/pdfs/corporate/AerLingusAnnualReport2011.pdf

Skipness One Echo
26th Oct 2012, 17:51
I doubt 50% of EI passengers are onward connections.....however keen to see some hard numbers. That seems really high. Anyone have a useful link?

EI only sell 20% of long haul commencing from Dublin? Is that for real?

dublinaviator
26th Oct 2012, 20:10
EI only sell 20% of long haul commencing from Dublin? Is that for real?

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. In another article from March (http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/news/aer-lingus-eyes-bmi-heathrow-slots-0327), Christoph Mueller said:

"We’re focusing more and more on the non-Irish consumer and shifted out ticket sales, from 55% outbound and 45% inbound to 45% outbound and 55% inbound."

Skipness One Echo
26th Oct 2012, 20:25
We’re focusing more and more on the non-Irish consumer and shifted out ticket sales, from 55% outbound and 45% inbound to 45% outbound and 55% inbound."
Doesn't that mean roughly half are Americans and half are Irish? Would be interesting to see the % boarding from the UK and Europe over DUB.

dublinaviator
26th Oct 2012, 20:44
Doesn't that mean roughly half are Americans and half are Irish?

That's network-wide, so long-haul is probably higher. So the 80% figure quoted by CAPA is probably accurate.

Jamie2k9
26th Oct 2012, 21:11
From a person who knows EI they have said that over 1/3 of T/A passengers per month are connecting however the afternoon JFK could have anything up to 80% connecting. BRS and EDI carry the most connections from UK and AMS and ARN the most from Europe.

Mlinnie
28th Oct 2012, 16:34
Anyone know the loads on the first flight to Copenhagen today ? Surely a daily flight is too much especially In the low season and competition With SAS and Norwegian who are both well established on this route

Skipness One Echo
28th Oct 2012, 19:12
If they have such epic levels of connectivity, how is it that nothing works outiside JFK/BOS/ORD for them?

CabinCrewe
28th Oct 2012, 19:53
Does MCO not count ?

Jamie2k9
28th Oct 2012, 23:15
If they have such epic levels of connectivity, how is it that nothing works outiside JFK/BOS/ORD for them?

No aircraft until yesterday. Majority of connecting passengers are to JFK and BOS to a lesser extent. With extra ORD next year it allows an arrival at 05.20 in DUB to connect accross Europe compared to around 08.00 this summer. The departure at 15.45 is after all morning departures arrive back compared to 12.30 this year.

For it to work outside JFK, ORD, BOS you realy need a 10/14 weekly service to allow real flexablity to offer connections with an early arrival before 06.00 in DUB and departing after 14.00 otherwise its limited to the UK and Amsterdam and I can't see a new route being much more than 4-7 weekly which will limit it to UK connections which is why EI added the extra capacity to ORD and BOS next summer instead of adding a new route which makes sense.

Does MCO not count ?

It does but MCO is mainly UK connections as it arrives after the morning departures and departs before the european arrivals and its only 3 weekly.

From 22 May 13 US Airways to operate B767 to PHL replacing the 757. They normaly use a B767 between September-March when CLT is not operating.

waffler
29th Oct 2012, 12:31
I have seen Dutch, French and Italian pax on the Aer Lingus flight to Orlando as well as the usual British and N Ireland pax.
Dont ask me what flights they connect from though.

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Oct 2012, 13:43
Ryanair Calls On DAA Monopoly To Reverse Dublin Airport's Service? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-calls-on-daa-monopoly-to-reverse-dublin-airport-s-service-failures)

causing severe stress and anxiety to passengers, some of whom end up missing their flights at certain times of the day.

Since when are FR so concerned about passengers? but then again its a go at the DAA and I find it hard to beleave that there have being 40 minute delays at security.

As we face into the busy winter period, Ryanair is calling on the DAA and the Department of Transport to address these abysmal service failures at Dublin Airport and ensure adequate staffing levels are provided in order to end the excessive security queues and delays at Terminal 1.

Is he taken the piss a busy winter when FR reduce flights..Never saw a press release from FR containing such bull sh*it.

EI-A330-300
30th Oct 2012, 14:58
Aer Lingus to unveil new service to US east coast - AviationPros.com (http://www.aviationpros.com/news/10821002/aer-lingus-to-unveil-new-service-to-us-east-coast)

Hangar6
30th Oct 2012, 15:12
I read the article and can see EXTRA services but no new ones , EI don't serve CLT or Washington so maybe thats the new route or routes ?:confused:

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Nov 2012, 10:47
Just after reading an interview with Etihad CEO about there Dublin routes.

2 daily in 2016 with 787 due to aircraft availablity issues not until then
Expect a 85% LF for 2012
First month of Aer Lingus condeshare dilevered 500 passengers
EY route still very profitable

I think if they wait until 2016 to go 2 daily it will be to late and EK will benefit.

ayroplain
2nd Nov 2012, 11:25
I find it hard to believe that there have being 40 minute delays at security
EI, up to about two months ago I rated DUB security as the best among the airports I pass through, no question. However, since then it is by far the worst and I didn't know what was going on until I saw the Ryanair comments following the DAA's admission. (BTW, I am talking T1, can't speak for T2).

I can guarantee you that 40 minutes is not way off the mark. My worst was 37 minutes (I began to time it after the first time) and my best was 28. On both occasions only 4 out of 14 channels were open and I have never seen more than 5 open at the same time.The periods concerned would have been between 6am and 10am. I think you would have to agree that this is completely unacceptable.

The airport has always been plagued by this kind of union intransigence and it is high time they shaped up or are shipped out.

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Nov 2012, 11:37
I last used T1 in August and I had no problems and I would be the same as you about security at the airport but didn't know it had got that bad in 2 months. Due out of T1 end of the month so better allow extra time just in case.

racedo
2nd Nov 2012, 11:41
Just after reading an interview with Etihad CEO about there Dublin routes.

2 daily in 2016 with 787 due to aircraft availablity issues not until then
Expect a 85% LF for 2012
First month of Aer Lingus condeshare dilevered 500 passengers
EY route still very profitable

I think if they wait until 2016 to go 2 daily it will be to late and EK will benefit.

Given that in the airline business a week is short term, next month is medium term and anything between that and 6 months is long term then their CEO is blowing smoke.

He doesn't even know whether he will be in a job in a years time never mind 4 years...............

DollarBill
2nd Nov 2012, 12:24
according to Aer Lingus' Annual Report 2011, is that 21% of passenger revenues are now generated from passengers connecting from inter-airline carriers:I think this statement has been slightly misunderstood. This indicates that 21% of its turnover is being feed into its network from other carriers. (I'm not sure if Aer Lingus Regional is classed as an 'inter airline carrier')

What it means is that BA/KLM/VS/JetBlue/United/(Arann?) provide 20% of EI pax revenue.
(LHR/AMS/LGW/JFK/ORD/BOS would be the main routes providing this)
This is revenue rather than actual % of total pax numbers,they could be much higher. We can expect this number/% to grow as the Air Canada and Ethiad interline/codeshare agreements gather strength.

I like the comparison with Icelandair....that 80% of longhaul pax numbers are sourced outside the home market. In a meeting with the CEO a number of year ago I made this point. I used Icelandair and Finnair as examples of airlines who utilise their geographical position to draw in a lot more traffic than their Home market could provide. The previous EI CEO had implemented a (IMO ludicrous) policy of operating shorthaul and longhaul as more or less seperate entities.

In other statemnts EI have said that over 47% of their pax bookings are from outside Ireland. (2011 report page 8)

Funnily enough page 8 of the 2011 results states that EI will take delivery of 3 A350 in 2015, this was supposed to be 4,with 2 more in 2016. Perhaps they have been pushed back due A350 delays. No mention of deferrring the 4,5 or 6 deliveries.

EDIT@thks Racedo, I contradicted myself in my own post!

racedo
2nd Nov 2012, 12:32
according to Aer Lingus' Annual Report 2011, is that 21% of passenger revenues are now generated from passengers connecting from inter-airline carriers:I think this statement has been slightly misunderstood. This indicates that 1 in 5 EI pax are being feed into its network from other carriers. I'm not sure if Aer Lingus Regional is classed as an 'inter airline carrier'.

Think you are confusing Pax and Rev.

21% of Revenue is only the same as 21% of passengers when every passenger is paying the same amount for every flight.

As Pax travelling T/A will be paying more then would suggest its way less than 21% of passengers.

Jamie2k9
3rd Nov 2012, 01:17
SAS increasing Oslo from 4 to 6 weekly from April next year. Norwegian have also scheduled an extra 16 flights to Oslo over the summer period. The flights will be 3 weekly from April to October and not just June-August as was last summer.

Must check again but I think Copenhagen could see a slight fall in capacity next summer.

Fairdealfrank
4th Nov 2012, 01:13
Quote: "I used Icelandair and Finnair as examples of airlines who utilise their geographical position to draw in a lot more traffic than their Home market could provide."

There are many: KL, CX, SQ, QR, EK, EY, GF, WY for example.

DollarBill
4th Nov 2012, 10:47
I never implied that Icelandair or Finnair were industry innovators. But when giving an example you have to look at what comparable airlines are doing. Thus FI and AY are similar in size and geography to EI. (and in geograpical positions, FI and EI operate on teh periphery of Europe, AY offers shorter USA-Euro-Asia connections that the rest of Europe)

Looking worldwide the prime example of this scenario has to be the Gulf carriers. DXB and AUH are pretty much central to the majority of locations on the planet. In the case of EK they are offering so much capacity that they can undercut other carriers (who may well be shorter in distance/time) using their massive economy of scale.

ryan2000
4th Nov 2012, 11:06
Dublin could have established itself as a hub a lot sooner had Aerlingus not been slaves of the Shannon Stop over. Now that Shannon has managed to hold on to 3 airlines on New York , Aerlingus to Boston and re established seasonal services to Chicago and Philidelphia, one wonders what all the fuss was about?

Bagso
6th Nov 2012, 07:22
Does anybody know what the actual capacity uplift is from Dublin to the USA next year ?

Frequency/ Capacity/ New Routes re EI and US airlines

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Nov 2012, 10:06
Frequency/ Capacity/ New Routes re EI and US airlines

Jamie2k9 posted 2 pagess back that the new daily AA service and the extra daily rotations from EI next summer is approx 166,000 extra seats, it dosn't inculde the recently announced capacity increase from US airways.

Bagso
6th Nov 2012, 11:57
cheers missed that, ill check

ayroplain
7th Nov 2012, 13:26
Happy to report that DUB security at T1 was back to its best today with no delays and through-times only a few minutes. However, I will reserve judgment until next time as, after the Bank Holiday and half-term rush, there were not very many passengers around. My flight (BA) was barely half full if even that.

Hangar6
7th Nov 2012, 13:38
I am curious to know why BA822/3 is cancelled every day since W12 tt came into effect , any reason?

Jamie2k9
8th Nov 2012, 11:54
Over 1.7 million passengers in October up 10% (school mid term could be a factor?)

Europe - 910,000 up 13%
UK - 605,000 up 4%
Transatlantic - 142,000 up 10%
Middle East/Africa - 39,000 up 79%
Domestic - 5,000 up 8%

Just under 16.5 million year to date up 1%

Latest News > 1.7M Passengers In October At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-11-08/1_7M_Passengers_In_October_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

I think thats 5 months of small growth but would expect it to decline from Jan 13 if not a little before that.

Hangar6
8th Nov 2012, 12:00
thats good news and EI and FR both say bookings outlook good for rest year , just 2 months to go, mind you surprised at domestic, just 2 routes KIR and CFN and they grew.....must be all those code shares heading to Aussie via Etihad and Emirates ....:D

EI-A330-300
8th Nov 2012, 15:29
Very good stats. I see DUB saw a new aircraft type arrive today. TK operated there first B737-900ER aircraft this afternoon.

stab3.5up
9th Nov 2012, 08:17
No futura operated there 737-900 into dub before they went under.

Mlinnie
12th Nov 2012, 15:29
Has EI cut Helsinki ? It seems to be the only jet service route from Dublin to not be loaded onto the timetable ? I would've thought it would have been a very profitable route :confused:

And what about Krakow and Vilnius ?

Jamie2k9
15th Nov 2012, 20:44
Latest News > Modest Adjustment To Dublin Airport Charges Proposed For 2013 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-11-15/Modest_Adjustment_To_Dublin_Airport_Charges_Proposed_For_201 3.aspx)

It would appear that DY will be dropping there 3 weekly service to CPH from 30 March.

EI-A330-300
16th Nov 2012, 12:34
I see Ryanair will be the main airline hit with increases as airlines who don't use airbridges will pay more.

Fairdealfrank
16th Nov 2012, 13:52
Quote: "I see Ryanair will be the main airline hit with increases as airlines who don't use airbridges will pay more."

Doubtless Michael O'Leary will have something to say.....

Makes sense in a way, it must cost more to run busses (vehicles, fuel, staff, etc.) to remote stands, compared to contact gates. On the other hand, could the convenience of the latter attract a higher charge?

Hangar6
16th Nov 2012, 14:15
MOL is currently undercutting DAA fees for bussing by using Servisair , DAA must be sore at that because its a whole lot of buses everyday that DAA are missing fees on :\

dublinaviator
16th Nov 2012, 15:08
Ryanair describes the DAA's proposed increase in charges as "unacceptable and irresponsible":

DAA Price Increases For 2013 Show That "The Gathering" Is Another Govt Rip Off (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/daa-price-increases-for-2013-show-that-the-gathering-is-another-govt-rip-off)

EI-A330-300
16th Nov 2012, 16:32
how often do fr bus passengers to aircraft. Cant see pier d being that busy.

Hangar6
16th Nov 2012, 17:17
Well 189 seatER arrival and dept
x how Many flights per day is a HUGE movement ?

Its like the M50 sometimes

racedo
16th Nov 2012, 17:54
Since when do FR bus people to planes at DUB ?

EI the ones doing the complaining 2 weeks ago about little facilities available for that at Dub.

ayroplain
16th Nov 2012, 18:45
I was surprised at that too but I have personally experienced it four times so far in the past year (to and from the aircraft) - all at off-peak times. Saves that long walk to/from the far end of Pier D :)

The bus embarkation and disembarkation point was at the old terminal the outside of which is not looking its best at the moment.

Jamie2k9
16th Nov 2012, 20:41
All I will say on Ryanairs statement is pot kettle black...

Aer Lingus Regional basing a fourth aircraft DUB from March. EDI will be 5 daily EI regional comapred to 2 EI regional and 1 mainline this summer. Early morning departures will be EDI, GLA, BRS and CWL.

EI the ones doing the complaining 2 weeks ago about little facilities available for that at Dub.

A few stands on Pier D are not accesable by passengers walking to aircraft so mainly when an aircraft arrives and there is a long gap between flights they go to those stands so gates won't be blocked for aircraft on short turnarounds. Thats why it only happens off peak.

EI-BUD
18th Nov 2012, 09:12
It is truly amazing that EI and FR 'compete' on DUB ALC, yet they always in each season seem to have flights on the same days often at similar times, and prices outrageous.

Take this Christmas, between €475 and €540 return each including one checked bag. Flights dont seem to be heavily booked either.

Highly unlikely that many would accept this but it seems in so many ways that the 2 airlines in some way work together in the interest of yield on some routes. And then some comment that once Ryanair takeover the collective unit of EI and FR can still drive value for the consumer.

Ironically, for the last 2 summers, Belfast has more flights per week to Alicante than Dublin did and the Dublin Alicante route in the height of the celtic tiger had as many as 3 and sometimes 4 flights per day return.

One does wonder....

EI-A330-300
18th Nov 2012, 12:54
Can I ask what dates you are checking with Aer Lingus as most flights out and back before Christmas and back after the New Year are very full with limited seats left on some flights.

Aerlingus231
18th Nov 2012, 13:16
I imagine it's all supply and demand, it's probably a very popular route around the holidays with many people getting away for a bit of winter sun.

stab3.5up
18th Nov 2012, 19:25
Just read i nov business traveller mag that ei moving to t2 in lhr nxt year and ac going year round to yyz

dublinaviator
18th Nov 2012, 19:41
Just read i nov business traveller mag that ei moving to t2 in lhr nxt year and ac going year round to yyz

Was announced a couple of months ago when Air Canada announced a code share with Aer Lingus. AC won't be going year-round from DUB though, they just mean that with the code share people will be able to travel with AC year-round directly from DUB or through LHR with EI.

blaggerman
19th Nov 2012, 11:10
I don't think there's any EI/AC codeshare. They just announced a resumption of interline ticketing. A codeshare may follow, but nothing is agreed.

dublinaviator
19th Nov 2012, 12:06
I don't think there's any EI/AC codeshare. They just announced a resumption of interline ticketing. A codeshare may follow, but nothing is agreed.

Yeah sorry an interline agreement, though Air Canada said this was a preliminary step towards a full code share early next year.

Air Canada and Aer Lingus Sign Interline Agreement - Sep 21, 2012 (http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=580)

EI-A330-300
19th Nov 2012, 22:41
Before EI/AC signed the above AC had already said they plan to operate year round once the loco is up and running.

In other positive according to United Irish Sales Manager the new IAD services has exceeded all expectations for UA and booking continue to remain very positive.

Hangar6
20th Nov 2012, 12:11
cancelled today , and already down to 4 days a week , I do beleive all airline sales managers will give the same answer, a positive spin

today Dublin had one UA instead of two
one DLinstead of 2
zero USair instead of one

fuel price , passenger volumes dropped like a cliff this month , its tough out there...

Jamie2k9
20th Nov 2012, 13:47
cancelled today , and already down to 4 days a week , I do beleive all airline sales managers will give the same answer, a positive spin

today Dublin had one UA instead of two
one DLinstead of 2
zero USair instead of one

fuel price , passenger volumes dropped like a cliff this month , its tough out there...

These reductions happen every winter and remenber all IAD flights didn't operate last winter and its 5 weekly until early in the new year when it drops to 4.

IAD is proforming much better than CLT and 2013 could be the last season of the route unless it improves.

Latest News > Major Growth In US-Irish Traffic Expected For 2013 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-11-20/Major_Growth_In_US-Irish_Traffic_Expected_For_2013.aspx)

riptack
20th Nov 2012, 15:12
I'm surprised to hear that flights are being cancelled this wk due to low passenger demands.... thanksgiving is on Thursday I'd expect a lot of americans based in Ireland to fly home. I flew UA127 to IAD on Sunday 18th nov - it was almost full just two seats in business empty.

Cyrano
20th Nov 2012, 21:39
I'm surprised to hear that flights are being cancelled this wk due to low passenger demands

Not sure that's what's being said - surely it's just the usual change from the summer to the winter season and the consequent disappearance of summer-season-only flights?

clareview
20th Nov 2012, 22:12
Why is there so much hype about a winter reduction in capacity on routes to the US? Air Transat and Air Canada drop their routes to Dublin for the winter. US airlines reduce capacity every other year so why the fuss now?
No one is fussing about reductions to destinations in the Med in the winter?

All US routes are sustained by business travellers, those visiting friends and relatives and those on holiday. Stands to sense that the holiday traffic plus some of the friends and relatives business is less when the weather in the North East of the US is not so good and that is a time when US airlines move capacity from Europe (as our weather is also not the best) to Florida, the Caribean and Mexico where many Americans holiday in the winter

justanotherloser
20th Nov 2012, 22:41
Exactly!

Additionally, airlines frequently, on this couple of weeks in November especially, cancel the odd flight where loads are particularly low. Nothing abnormal in this whatsoever, especially in the current economic climate where costs needs to be cut however possible.

Mid November, and Mid January to mid February are perhaps the lowest weeks of the year demand wise.

Mlinnie
21st Nov 2012, 15:06
Never realised US Airways CLT is struggling according to a post earlier in this tread.
I always thought it was a popular route ? Can imagine it being dropped, maybe just reduced to 5 weekly ?

Jamie2k9
22nd Nov 2012, 11:49
Aer Lingus starting a weekly Corfu flight from 31 March. Its about time we have scheduled services to Greek Islands.

EI-A330-300
22nd Nov 2012, 14:23
Latest News > DAA Welcomes Aer Lingus (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-11-22/DAA_Welcomes_Aer_Lingus_Summer_Schedule_For_2013.aspx)

Contains details of the capacity on other European routes.

DublinPole
22nd Nov 2012, 14:43
What have they cut for Summer 2013?

I know that Krakow isn't coming back and Warsaw is going down from daily to 5x weekly and Budapest from daily to 4x weekly but what about the other routes?

Mlinnie
22nd Nov 2012, 14:58
... Maybe Vilnius ?

Good to see EI expanding into the Greek market but can't understand why they chose Corfu. Sure it will hopefully do well but can't understand why they didn't launch Heraklion or Rhodes instead as they're more popular holiday destinations

Jamie2k9
22nd Nov 2012, 15:01
What have they cut for Summer 2013?

I know that Krakow isn't coming back and Warsaw is going down from daily to 5x weekly and Budapest from daily to 4x weekly but what about the other routes?

Working on that but KRK, VNO and BUD are main changes. FR are dropping BUD from 5 to 3 weekly from 10 Jan with cuts at BUD so I would expect a reduction from the current summer 13 schedule so EI may add capacity.

DublinPole
22nd Nov 2012, 15:02
Checked the timetable section on their site and Vilnius seems to be totally finished for next summer. FR don't have it loaded either for the summer though, but I'm not sure if their schedule is fully loaded yet.

I agree with Mlinnie that I'm surprised they went for Corfu, I would have thought Rhodes would have been a better choice as well.

As I've stated before I'm not surprised they removed KRK because really that was one war which FR were winning by a pretty good margin and they're better off using the aircraft elsewhere. BUD is an interesting one, I didn't know if Dublin was one of the routes that was being cut, but perhaps you could see EI upping a bit after today's news.

Warsaw again now has competition from FR. When FR started on that route it was 3 times a week, that increased to 7 times a week and now is back to 5x a week, with EI back to 5x a week as well I think that is more realistic. Also it seems that it's forced EI's Warsaw fares down which can only be a good thing.

stab3.5up
22nd Nov 2012, 17:11
Most likely operating as a semi charter flight. prob sold most seats to a tour operater and then sell wots left to joe public

Jamie2k9
22nd Nov 2012, 19:25
Info from timetable updated today, () indicate 2012 flights:

Alicante 4 (5)
Berlin 11 (9)
Bilbao 4 (3)-Fourth flight from 3 July-28 August
Bordeaux 5 (5)-Fifth flight all season and not just 8 week as in 2012
Boston 14 (11)-13 weekly 12 Jun - 12 August
Budapest 4 (7)
Chicago 11 (7)
Copenhagen 6 (New)
Corfu 1 (New)
Dubrovnik 5 (4)
Edinburgh 0 (7)-EI regional increase from 2 to 5 daily
Geneva 7 (9)-Transfered to ZUR
Helsinki 2 (3)*
Krakow 0 (3)-not confired
Lanzarote 5 (4)
Lisbon 9 (8)
Lyon 5 (6)
Marseille 3 (2)
Munich 12 (11)
Nice 8 (7)-extra flights May-September
Orlando 3 (2)-extra flights 12 Jun - 12 Aug
Palma 4 (5)-Fifth flight was not added until Feb 2012
Paris 25 (21)
Perpingan 3 (2)
Santiago 4 (3)-Fourth flights starts 7 July
Vilnius 0 (2)-not confired
Warsaw 5 (7)*
Zurich 9 (7)-Transfered from GVA

16 flights per week cut
21 flights per week added

*-Warsaw was reduced to allow Helsinki operate next summer at a reduced level.

Expect further changes as the current schedule requires another aircraft certain days for morning flights. The 2 new 319's are due to replace 2 A320 weather that will happen is another question.

Most likely operating as a semi charter flight. prob sold most seats to a tour operater and then sell wots left to joe public

No charter compnays requested it but Sunway may take some seats.

Jamie2k9
23rd Nov 2012, 10:28
Samartwings starting a weekly DUB-PRG flight. Flights will operate inbound on Firday and outbound on Monday. The airline have said it will be two weekly. Operated by a B738.

PRG-DUB 11.15-12.50 - Fri
DUB-PRG 07.00-10/25 - Mon

Between the flights charter flights to Agadir, Palma, Lanzarote, Faro and Heraklon

cooldude111
24th Nov 2012, 06:14
Any news of expansion at Dublin Airport now that passenger numbers are increasing back to normal? any news of Qatar airways?

thebig C
25th Nov 2012, 12:07
Dissappointed that EI seem to have dropped Krakow. Of all the Polish routes, this one had significant tourist numbers in addition to Poles traveling back and forth. Having made the journey several times, I was always delighted that EI served it as timewise its a little beyond whats comfortable on FR.

Having said that, I know a large number of Polish people and given that they travel home 3-5 times anually, they always seem to go for the cheapest option which rather favours FR. Although, I am sure Dublinpole can given us more info on that topic:)

C

thebig C
25th Nov 2012, 12:09
I would be shocked if Qatar Airways comemced a route to Dublin given the daily flights of both Ethiad and Emirates.

Although......you are the third person I've encountered who has mentioned them in relation to Dublin in the past week!

C

EI-BUD
25th Nov 2012, 12:11
Jamie2k9,

The 2 new 319's are due to replace 2 A320 weather that will happen is another
question.

It is not the case that LGW will need one of these if there are 319s on LGW NOC and an additional evening LGW BHD flight, that will need a 319 over and above the 2 dedicated to BHD?

I was surprised that EI would in fact base a 320 at BHD next summer, expected to see one of the 319s that is being delivered to appear there, putting a 319 in must indicate that the Malaga and Faro routes were very successful in recent years especially this summer. However, I note the seasonality of Belfast routes to Europe as they will end a month earlier than this year, however, as one other poster highlighted will start a few days earlier than was previously planned!

EI-BUD

Jamie2k9
25th Nov 2012, 13:09
2 A319 based at BHD (operate 3 LHR, 3 LGW, 1 PMI weekly)
1 A319 based at DUB (operate 4 LGW daily)
1 A319 based at LGW (operate 2 DUB, 1 NOC, 1 BHD daily)

I was also suprised about the A320 at BHD I expected all A319. what do you mean about the Europe routes from BHD ending a month earlier. They are bookable until end of Oct.

Qatar Airways will happen one day, if Manchester can support 2 EY daily, 3 EK daily and 2 Qatar daily then I can't see why DUB would be any different. There is still rumour of EK increasing DXB once aircraft are available.

EI-BUD
25th Nov 2012, 13:17
Jamie, I was sure that I checked the timetable online at aerlingus.ie and saw it said until end Sept. now it says October17, still 10 days earlier than this year.

I would have also expected EI to put 319 on DUB - MAN/BHX before LGW!!

Jamie2k9
25th Nov 2012, 13:25
Aer Lingus only allow bookings 330 days in advance. Booking system showing up to 21 October at the minute so by next sunday it wil be until the end of summer season. Timetable only gets updated once a week on a Thursday so thats why 17 Oct is there as last Thursday 22 Nov was 330 days to 17 Oct.

DublinPole
25th Nov 2012, 13:39
Dissappointed that EI seem to have dropped Krakow. Of all the Polish routes, this one had significant tourist numbers in addition to Poles traveling back and forth.

The problem is that Krakow Airport is in a location where it is very suspect to have poor visibility, which results more than average number of morning closures due to fog, there's been a few days where that has happened in the past fortnight. Aer Lingus' poor diversion practices for airports in Poland really are not passenger friendly.

In such circumstance EI almost always choose to divert to SXF, which is over 500km away and refuse to land at Katowice due to the fact that is not an EI served airport. Their official line for this is because they have their own handling agent at Berlin, so landing at a place where such handling agent is present is a 'better outcome' for passengers which simply is not the case. It also doesn't help when the crew make some very disparaging comments about regional airports in Poland not being able to accommodate an Airbus A320 despite the fact they regularly took A321's from other carriers.

Passengers then face a journey up to 12 hours by road, as was once the case with a friend of mine, just to reach Krakow. Alternatively they could have landed in Katowice just 81km away and just an hour by road and arranged a bus to pick the passengers up. Yes that would have involved a bit more work for someone in Dublin, but a much better outcome for passengers as it wouldn't have took 10 hours to arrange a bus, bearing in mind it's not that far from Krakow.

I also experienced something similar on a flight to WAW in November 2010. Flight to WAW diverted to SXF as WAW closed due to snow cabin crew told us that all airports in Poland were closed and had to divert to Berlin. Friend of mine waiting in Warsaw for me saw that the flag carriers were diverting to Lodz, Krakow, Katowice, Poznan. AL was the only carrier to divert outside Poland and the only airport closed was WAW. Cabin crew vanished from SXF very quickly after dropping us off and we arrived in Warsaw about 20 hours late.

This week we have seen that Warsaw Modlin has been closed for many flights because of fog, Ryanair have diverted every flight to WAW despite it is the only airport in Poland they don't serve, whilst W6 have also diverted all their flights to WAW despite the fact they no longer serve this. We've also saw all Krakow flights which have been effected from multiple airlines, which have pretty much all diverted to Katowice despite the fact that the vast majority of the airlines at Krakow apart from Ryanair, don't serve Katowice.

After the experience with the diversion to Berlin on more than one occasion, a few of my friends have declared they would never use Aer Lingus again. And they haven't. Neither have I for routes to Poland and would never do so again in the winter no matter how cheap the price. Sadly this is something that Aer Lingus have to deal with, and if HQ don't want the hassle of arranging transport from Katowice to Krakow because they don't have their own handling agent there to do it for them, then quite frankly they don't deserve customers.

I'm a frequent Aer Lingus user for short hop flights to the UK and also to France and Germany, but obviously I most often fly to Poland and wouldn't dream of using them again. Unfortunately their diversion policy seems to only consider EI served airports, FR fare much better in that they seem to always go for the closest open airport and then try and run the return flight from the airport they diverted to. Really I'd expect more considering EI do pride themselves on offering a better standard of service.

waffler
25th Nov 2012, 20:22
I have been on an Aer Lingus flight which diverted to Katowice from Krakow and the handling and transfers went very well.
Perhaps you would be better placed directing your complaint to Krakow airport and ask them why they do not have Cat2 ILS on both ends of the runway which is subject to common poor visibility.

DublinPole
25th Nov 2012, 20:40
I'm glad they diverted you to Katowice, but when I and my friends were on the flights (in 2010 and 2011) it was always to Berlin and once a friend was diverted to Warsaw, but it was never to Katowice, the reason given was always that it is not an airport which is served by Aer Lingus.

I agree that Krakow (and Modlin) need some better facilities for landing in fog as both airports are suspect-able to fog due to their location, but in the days in question in the past nobody forced EI to land at Berlin and they decided to and ultimately they did themselves damage by doing this.

There are a good five or six airports in Poland that could handle an A320 but EI on a good number of occasions decided to go to Berlin, you can blame the needing to divert on the airport without doubt, but the choice of destination lays solely with EI at the end of the day.

irishlad06
25th Nov 2012, 21:06
The final destination of divert doesn't solely end with EI, there are many other factors to take into consideration. Can ground handling be put into place at short notice, if the ground handler doesnt handle EI anywhere else it is hard to put in place details where the airline can be charged.

Other factors are can the airport accommodate the flight at that time, if there are numerous aircraft diverting, say an airline that is already based at the airport that airline will get preference to landing and precious ramp space for aircraft. Re-fuelling contracts is another factor - does the airline have contracts with the company that provides refuelling so that the aircraft can leave again, there are so many more factors to be considered in a diversion, obviously if the diversions is a mayday then u land at the next possible destination regardless of the consequences on the ground such as not having contracts in place as safety comes first.

I get that u have been annoyed and frustrated as its not nice for anyone to land at the wrong airport but there are other things to consider and its just not as black and white as you make it out.

DublinPole
25th Nov 2012, 22:27
The final destination of divert doesn't solely end with EI, there are many other factors to take into consideration. Can ground handling be put into place at short notice, if the ground handler doesnt handle EI anywhere else it is hard to put in place details where the airline can be charged.

But other airlines including a few flag carriers on many of those occasions had exactly the same problems regarding handling agents, but they still landed at much nearer airports and got their staff in their home country to make the necessary arrangements if it could not be done by staff at the airport.

Other factors are can the airport accommodate the flight at that time, if there are numerous aircraft diverting, say an airline that is already based at the airport that airline will get preference to landing and precious ramp space for aircraft. Re-fuelling contracts is another factor - does the airline have contracts with the company that provides refuelling so that the aircraft can leave again.

Well I know for a fact it was not the fact the airports could not take the diversions, because as stated previously, on all of the occasions I, or my friends were diverted to Berlin, EI flights were the only flights diverted out of Poland and the crew on all occasions made it clear such decision was being taken, on the basis that SXF was a regular EI airport and this is the basis on which diversions are made. On one occasion they tried to pull the wool over our eyes by declaring that all airports in the country were closed whilst on a friends flight they claimed that other airports were not able to accommodate A320's despite Wizz Air among others were landing exactly the same aircraft.

I get that u have been annoyed and frustrated as its not nice for anyone to land at the wrong airport but there are other things to consider and its just not as black and white as you make it out.

It's pretty black and white to me and most of the other passengers who were diverted. The fact is problems regarding fueling arrangements, transport and handling agents could be sorted out but they may cost money and cause someone in Dublin a lot of stress. But it seemed that it was much easier to palm the passengers off to a handling agent so it became the problem of someone else.

The point I'm trying to make, is yes, there were obstacles and problems to overcome, but it would have been nice if they did try to overcome them, rather than just palming off to the handling agent at first opportunity and cause the passengers to arrive at their destination nearly 18 hours later than originally planned. It's not good customer service and I expected better from Aer Lingus. Easyjet, who incidentally have the same fuel supplier at Krakow Airport and the same handling agent, were able to divert to Katowice and Krakow is the only airport they serve.

EI-A330-300
25th Nov 2012, 22:37
Aer Lingus have being refused promission to land a KTW a number of times. Ryanair will get top priority from KTW as will LOT. I was on a Ryanair flight and around 12 flights diverted to KTW and there was no bus transfer to KRK as they hadn't enough to take 12 loads of passengers. Warsaw is used a lot for KRK diversions but again they have also being refused promission to land. In most cases if KRK has problems with weather other airports in Poland do to. Its up to KRK airport to actualy spend money on instaling equipment to stop this. Berlin is used as in most cases there is no other option.

As I say its not confirmed if it will be dropped as it was included in the summer 13 schedule a few weeks ago but not put on sale.

DublinPole
25th Nov 2012, 23:02
Aer Lingus have being refused promission to land a KTW a number of times. Ryanair will get top priority from KTW as will LOT. I was on a Ryanair flight and around 12 flights diverted to KTW and there was no bus transfer to KRK as they hadn't enough to take 12 loads of passengers.

That is interesting without doubt, however surely there are other options such as Poznan (Previously served by EI), Gdansk, Wroclaw etc. Of course they're not ideal but they're a lot better option than Berlin. In my experience LOT and Wizz are top priorities at Katowice followed by Ryanair, seeing as the former two have a base there. In truth though they shouldn't be cherry picking based on airline. More it should be first of all flights which are originally due to land there, then those with the lowest fuel and then there should not be any real favoritism.

Warsaw is used a lot for KRK diversions but again they have also being refused promission to land. In most cases if KRK has problems with weather other airports in Poland do to. Its up to KRK airport to actualy spend money on instaling equipment to stop this.

From my experience on FR at least, then generally tend to use the nearest open airport to the one that is closed in diversions Europe over, regardless of if it's regularly served. Although they, and Wizz Air have had some problems with Warsaw (Chopin) in the last few weeks when it comes to handling diverted flights from Modlin, with planes getting stuck in Chopin and being denied permission to leave for hours and hours. I agree though that flag carriers tend to always go for WAW for KRK diversions rather than KTW.

I do agree however that KRK needs an upgrade of infrastructure, the terminal is bursting at the seems, there is only one baggage belt and it's crazy overcrowded and that is before you get to deal with the lighting situation. Ideally all of the airports need to have some different ownership structure, as right now one company has a large share in pretty much every airport. KRK and WMI are in terrible locations for fog and for this reason PPL should pull it's finger out and provide proper infrastructure for all it's airports, rather than just WAW.

Berlin is used as in most cases there is no other option.

AL made it clear on many occasions (at least in 2010 and 2011) that their procedure is always to land at an airport that is served by EI as this would prove to be a better outcome for passengers. They did not consider other airports.

Kinder
26th Nov 2012, 06:53
From my experience, Aer Lingus decisions on diversions was always quite strange.

When they operated LGW-VNO daily, once they decided to divert to TLL and other time even to HEL! When usually airlines decide to divert to KUN or RIX. KUN is a base for Ryanair and LH or SU do not have problems to divert there.

DublinPole
26th Nov 2012, 08:16
Goes along with the policy they stated to me, KUN or RIX are not served by Aer Lingus. although Helsinki is pretty much a terrible choice much worse than TLL they'd have been better off landing in Poland if the sensible choices were not available. At least I'm guessing the road transport went on the ferry if you went to Helsinki so that would knock a few hours off?

EI-A330-300
26th Nov 2012, 09:12
KUN airport can only handle a few divertions. Its at capacity with more than 4 or 5 Airbus or Boeing aircraft...

DublinPole
26th Nov 2012, 09:31
KUN airport can only handle a few divertions. Its at capacity with more than 4 or 5 Airbus or Boeing aircraft

It is limited in capacity yes, as are other airports but the point is that it's somewhat of a co-incidence that other airlines can divert several flights a day without any problems yet Aer Lingus time after time have problems diverting just one a day. The law of averages and probability mean that all things being equal, this should not happen and a much higher percentage of EI flights are being diverted further afield than that of other carriers.

The fundamental fact is that if EI don't have good arrangements or strategy to dealing with non served airports, this is something that needs to be addressed. The average customer who has an experience like me and others is always going to be put off from using such company in the future as it's a bad experience.

The crew were less than helpful on several occasions, purely kicking us out of the plane, saying they'd be around in the airport to give us further info, then very quickly taking off back to Dublin. We didn't even know who the handling agent was or how to contact them in Berlin. Instead we had to go up to the info desk and get them to call EI Dublin.

On a slightly different topic, what happened to EI432 this morning, did it suffer some technical fault as it returned to Dublin just under an hour after leaving?

Espada III
26th Nov 2012, 21:00
I am travelling Ryanair to Manchester at 22:40 on the evening of 5 December.

Assuming that we have our boarding passes, how much time should we allow from arrival at the terminal to getting to the gate, including security etc?

Thanks

Jamie2k9
26th Nov 2012, 21:47
I am travelling Ryanair to Manchester at 22:40 on the evening of 5 December.

Assuming that we have our boarding passes, how much time should we allow from arrival at the terminal to getting to the gate, including security etc?

Thanks

I would allow an hour. After securiy its about 10-12 minute walk. MAN is second last departure of the night so not very many lanes at security open one ot two max. I would also advise you are at your gate 25 mintues before departure as you can be refused if you arrive after 22.15.

Tonights 22.40 to MAN gate closed at 22.20 and aircraft left stand at 22.26. (inbound aircraft arrived 21.58 and was scheduled for 22.15)

Espada III
27th Nov 2012, 08:37
Thank you - most helpful

thebig C
29th Nov 2012, 15:50
Thanks Dublinpole....very informative posts!

As an aside, didn't Smartwings briefly operate into Dublin before? Possibly 2003-2004 before EI or CSA flew Dub-PRG??

c

stab3.5up
30th Nov 2012, 09:40
They did i would guess for no more than a few months

DollarBill
1st Dec 2012, 00:45
While I agree with DublinPole in relation to the EI choice of diversion.

I do have to address his comment in relation to 'the crew being less than helpful' As a customer I can understand your frustration but EI has great issues with its internal comms. In this case (and the vast majority) I can confidently assume that the crew were probably not privy to any helpful info. EI do not give usable info to their crews beyond "divert here, refuel and return when able". Even being able to tell the pax the handling agent name would be useful to them.

Jamie2k9
7th Dec 2012, 20:10
Over 1.3 million passengers in November up 5%

Europe 600,000 up 4%
UK 560,000 up 1% (FR reduction had no affect)
Transatlantic 117,000 up 11%
Middle East/Africa 39,000 up 91%
Domestic 4000 down 3%

Year to date over 17.8 million up 2%

Latest News > 1.3 Million Passengers In November At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-12-07/1_3_Million_Passengers_In_November_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

dpconlan2011
9th Dec 2012, 10:11
Does anyone have load factor info for november on ba and ei on lhr- think ei are winning hands down on the punctuality stakes (bhd also)- any particular reason for this?

Hangar6
9th Dec 2012, 12:45
Some thoughts

BA came back after a long abscence with 8 roundtrips per day annouced
this never happened its 7

except weekends when it goes down to 5

EI Have 12 r/t

BA times were always odd, inherited from BD and their loads are very low
LHaul connecting traffic would have in years gone by opted for LHR
But with Emirates and Etihad and now Turkish all offering bran dnew pkanes
no terminal change, competitive prices from Dublin ...BA have let their market go...

Loads on BA are shocking ..... and I mean shocking..
Plus their punctuality LHRDUB is very poor, surprising even

So you can expect schedule reduction from 7 to 5 weekdays in S13

No idea about BHD

But if i was going ROI or NI to Syd TYO, HKG SEL India Pakistan SA even I would take Emirates , Etihad , and their loads are unbelievably high , with 70% min as LHaul connections

Its a changed world

EI-BUD
9th Dec 2012, 13:04
Perphaps BA's grand plan involves elbowing in on EI's DUB market until EI decide to withdraw BHD and then BA withdraw DUB. I still am amazed that BA is putting 7 daily rotations onto DUB LHR, and 6 to 7 daily from BHD. Like DUB, BHD has one less per day than Willie Walsh talked about.

BA in effect is expending up to 15 daily slot pairs to fly LHR to DUB and BHD routes that EI can cover for them from the point of view of feeder traffic, and while yes BHD might have been a good route for bmi, BA has exchanged and opportunity to cooperate with EI and in return, guarantee the interline at LHR and also also BA to use these precious slots ex LHR for all of these new markets that BA wants to get into....

I think DUB frequency is no more than slot fillers and it will be reduced down to say 4 or 5 daily sooner rather than later.

EI-BUD

Shamrogue
9th Dec 2012, 16:35
Still,

A huge amount of people don't know about flying BA from and to LHR on DUB.
It is still very much feed traffic. ..........and feed traffic is now split between EI and BA......EI then having the better schedule.
Has much been spend advertising BA - LHR - DUB?

Regards
Shamrogue

dpconlan2011
11th Dec 2012, 19:12
interesting- i was tempted by their cheaper fares and relying on them to get me back at christmas on fl 838 hmm even without possible weather wonder how long the delay will be?!:suspect:

Mlinnie
12th Dec 2012, 16:50
Dublin-Maastricht started today.

Anybody have any idea if the flight was busy ?

kiki12
13th Dec 2012, 11:55
I see that Etihad will be bringing in a 777-300 6 flights a week from July 1st !:ok:
ETIHAD S13 Operation Changes as of 13DEC12 | Airline Route – Worldwide Airline Route Updates (http://airlineroute.net/2012/12/13/ey-s13update2/)

akerosid
13th Dec 2012, 17:42
Welcome on board, Kiki!

This is great news - the EY 77Ws have a considerably higher capacity (416, vs. approx. 270 on the A332s), so that's quite a lift.

The 77Ws will only operate on the morning flight, i.e. arriving at c.6.40 and departing at 9am. The afternoon flight will still be A332 operated, now 4 weekly.

Mlinnie
13th Dec 2012, 19:27
Great news regarding Etihad !

Will the DAA and Etihad make an announcement on this in the coming days ?

Jamie2k9
13th Dec 2012, 20:47
BA have reduced LHR from 8 daiy to 4 or 5 and a capacity drop now all A319.

From 31 March
DUB-LHR
07.50, 08.45, 13.10, 15.45, 20.00
LHR-DUB
07.35, 09.55, 13.20, 18.05, 21.35

Schedule does vary but most are at above times.

cornishsimon
13th Dec 2012, 20:59
A319 is almost like a placeholder for BA for the Airbus fleet, it will be updated nearer departure to the real Airbus A3xx

cs

Jamie2k9
14th Dec 2012, 00:10
Etihad increasing from 10 to 12 weekly next summer.

6 A332 and 6 B773

ETIHAD S13 Europe Service Increases as of 14DEC12 | Airline Route – Worldwide Airline Route Updates (http://airlineroute.net/2012/12/14/ey-s13update3/?utm_source=twitter%2C%2Bweibo&utm_medium=social%2Bmedia&utm_campaign=tweets121214)

Jamie2k9
15th Dec 2012, 20:40
Air Baltic have canceled there planned Riga service for summer 2013.

Air France/Cityjet have canceled weekly Pau route (or late release?)

Delta have confirmed A332 on ATL for summer 13 same as last summer.

Etihad - above link now shows any increases on European routes (Brussels, Dublin, Geneva, Munich) now cancelled. B777 still operating.

stab3.5up
16th Dec 2012, 11:44
Air baltic is no real surpise. Last summer was v v short season of flight

Jamie2k9
18th Dec 2012, 00:26
Air Moldova to increase capacity on Dublin-Chisinau route for summer 2013. Flights will resume on 30 April-23 September and operate 2 weekly with E-190. 58 extra seats weekly and 8 weeks added to the season. A weekly A320 in 2012

20.00-23.20 via LGW (Mon, Fri)
00.10-05.30 (Tue, Sat)

New landing system at Dublin Airport may reduce delays - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 18, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1218/1224327961399.html)

Should help improve operations during peak times.

Mlinnie
20th Dec 2012, 14:36
Great to see Air Moldova expanding at DUB but not really the best of timings ?

Ryanair resuming Dublin-Zadar route from April

Also Norwegian Air Shuttle are launching a Dublin-Helsinki route from Tuesday 14th April 2013 and will run till 26th October, twice weekly (Tuesdays and Fridays)
Flights Depart Dublin 1900 Arrive Helsinki 2350
Flights Depart Helsinki 1700 Arrive Dublin 1810

Will be good to have some competition on the route with EI

Jamie2k9
20th Dec 2012, 15:48
Also Norwegian Air Shuttle are launching a Dublin-Helsinki route from Tuesday 14th April 2013 and will run till 26th October, twice weekly (Tuesdays and Fridays)
Flights Depart Dublin 1900 Arrive Helsinki 2350
Flights Depart Helsinki 1700 Arrive Dublin 1810

Operates Monday and Friday except from last week in June to last week in August when it mves to Thursday and Sunday.

Tom the Tenor
20th Dec 2012, 18:31
Great news for Dublin, I am sure. Norwegian from Helsinki to Dublin a few times a week.

Sure, the ol' DAA might as well close down Cork all together, sow a few spuds, and give their pals in Shannon a bit of leg up with their new SAA.

That's the style!

Jamie2k9
21st Dec 2012, 04:15
Sure, the ol' DAA might as well close down Cork all together, sow a few spuds, and give their pals in Shannon a bit of leg up with their new SAA.

That's the style!

Now lets keep these comments for the kindergarten threat that is Cork. These posts match the wild conspiracy theories posted there. No point in dragging down another threat with the crap.

Sober Lark
21st Dec 2012, 06:34
Tom's right. With improved road and rail transport to Dublin one day the powers that be could get away with 'non viable' argument and close ORK.

Good news with EK and the unmentionable one. At least someone has spotted and prospered from the advantages of a relatively short runway.

Daza
21st Dec 2012, 06:37
A big expansion on the BHX-DUB route, EI look to be basing an ATR-72 at BHX to operate 3 new DUB rotations taking frequencies on the route up to 6 daily.:ok:
Data

ryan2000
21st Dec 2012, 07:52
The same logic for closing Cork could be applied to Shannon and Knock both of which are closer to Dublin although the latter doesn't yet have a motorway link. Both Shannon, Cork and even the Belfast Airports now have to cope with the strong magnetic pull of Dublin in the same way that airports in the South of England have to deal with Heathrow.

Sober Lark
21st Dec 2012, 11:48
A very valid point you make ryan2000.

Mlinnie
23rd Dec 2012, 17:53
I know Wikipedia is an unreliable resource but it says on the Dublin Airport wiki that 'RyanAtlantic' are starting flights from April 2014 ???

CabinCrewe
23rd Dec 2012, 17:55
think thats been on there for years, since it was first scaremongered by MOL himself.

EI-A330-300
24th Dec 2012, 20:06
DublinPole

Following on from the discussion regrading Aer Lingus diversions mainly at Krakow. Todays DUB-KRK operated to/from KTW. Want to know why because there was no Ryanair flights at Krakow in sight...if there was FR flights scheduled it would be Berlin or Warsaw.

EI-A330-300
27th Dec 2012, 17:09
Anybody flying with Aer Lingus over the next week or so in the morning allow at least 2h before your flight. Was flying out this morning and the normal Aer Lingus check in area 29-52 was full with the queues movning over to the T/A check in area when I was leaving and they showed no signs of getting smaller just bigger. Desck 29 system for flights closing was not working as the level of passengers was so high with queues everywhere and EI staff trying to get passengers who's flights were closing out of queues to check in. I have never seen T2 so busy. Would of got a picture but hadn't time after spending so long checking in it was a run to my gate.

30 December will be the bussiest day over the period so allow a little longer.

DublinPole
30th Dec 2012, 14:02
.if there was FR flights scheduled it would be Berlin or Warsaw.

I'm glad that the flight diverted to Katowice and lets hope that is the norm for the future as it is best for all concerned, but even if Katowice wasn't possible, I'm not sure why the second and third choice diversions would be Warsaw and Berlin respectively.There are far closer airports in Poland.

Generally the order that has been established for EZY/W6/FR for a Krakow or Katowice closure has been the following. This is bore out time and time again and all of the below airports are well able to handle an A320. If there was an A321 operating however then it would eliminate a few of them however.

1. Krakow/Katowice
2. Rzeszów
3. Wroclaw
4. Poznan (previously served by EI)
5. Warsaw
6. Lodz
7. Berlin SXF

Bydgoszcz and Szczecin I agree do not have the facilities to handle diversions in most cases, but occasionally take the odd divert from Gdansk.

When Modlin reopens and Lublin is open a while longer I'd imagine that Berlin will fall even further down that list. Wroclaw and Lodz have recently had new terminals built and are not even half full at peak time, whilst Poznan and Rzeszow are nowhere near full in the winter.

EI-A330-300
30th Dec 2012, 14:22
It was an A321 operating and EI will stop flying the route on 14 Jan but should return next Dec/Jan. If it was a normal day there would of bieng around 4-6 FR flights out of KRK at that time in the evening and I can't see it being KTW for EI then. But enough said about it now.

dublinaviator
31st Dec 2012, 15:48
Etihad has confirmed that Abu Dhabi-Dublin was it's 10th busiest route in 2012:

Etihad Airways lifts over 10m passengers in 2012 | ArabianSupplyChain.com (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-8306-etihad-airways-lifts-over-10m-passengers-in-2012/#.UOHBhG_SXwB)

No doubt the wave of emigration from Ireland helped, which is now topping 200 people a day (the highest level since the famine) (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/emigration-at-famine-levels-as-200-leave-country-each-day-3339480.html).

Mlinnie
1st Jan 2013, 11:25
Why would EI return to KRK only for the months of December and January ?

By the way Happy New Year Everyone :ok:

Jamie2k9
3rd Jan 2013, 00:09
Sata
Funchal flights resume from 3 Feb 8 weeks earlier than last year.

Lufthansa
DUB-FRA morning flight departure during the summer will be 1 hour earlier and current winter times contuined. 05.45 departure.

DUB-MUC increases to 3 weekly between 1 May to 2 October. A Wednesday A319 flight added.

Air Canada
DUB-YYZ resumes 18 May and operates 5 weekly before daily service from 28 May. Started on 8 June 2012 5 weekly before going daily a few weeks lather. Also a few extra flights during September compared to 2012. Air Canada will keep there one remaining larger B763 on the route 6 weekly with Business class once weekly. It was 2 weekly Business class B763 last summer.

Delta
DUB-JFK increases from 7 to 10 weekly and a capacity increase on the normal daily service.

* B767-300 (26 Business/200 Ecomny/Total 226 seats)
** B767-300 (36 Business/172 Ecomny/Total 208 seats)

DUB-JFK 11.20-13.50 B763" (daily)
DUB-JFK 14.50-17.15 B763** (Tues, Thur, Sun)^

JFK-DUB 19.30-07.25 B763** (Mon, Wed, Sat)^
JFK-DUB 21.30-09.30 B763" (daily)

^ From 18 June to 29 August)

The usual daily service will have a capacity increase on the B763 will have 226 seats per flight next summer compared to 208 last summer. The daily service will remain a B757 outside the maine summer months of June-September)

It will now be 6 flights to JFK/EWR during the peak summer season. 2 EI, 2 DL, 1 AA, 1 UA.

Charter Flights
Next summer will see an increase in charter flights so far an extra weekly flights to Palma, Faro, Lanzarote have being added as well as the new 2 weekly service to Tenerfe and Agadir resuming after two summers not operating. Some operators still being confirmed but Travel Service start flights Air Contractors and iberworld increase flights to replace the second base Thomson aircraft

This is on top of the increased capacity/new routes announced by American Airlines, US Airways, Norwegian, SAS, Smartwings, Turkish. Etihad and Air Moldova for the summer.

cornishsimon
3rd Jan 2013, 02:28
No sign of anyone stepping into DUB-NQY ?

EI regional would be the obvious surely ?

cs

Mlinnie
3rd Jan 2013, 13:48
Maybe we'll have to wait a while for EIR to announce anything about NQY, would hope they would announce and Inverness route too.

Because remember last year ? Wasn't Bournemouth announced in like February ?

It would make sense to announce NQY as I believe EIR are getting their new ATRs next year

Skipness One Echo
3rd Jan 2013, 14:16
Air Canada will keep there one remaining larger B763 on the route 6 weekly
So it's not going across to Air Canada Rouge but will be flown by C-GHPD almost exclusively?
NB They're all 300s nowadays.

CabinCrewe
3rd Jan 2013, 18:45
...yes but there are "larger" capacity 763s within the 4 different subfleets

Jamie2k9
4th Jan 2013, 00:13
So it's not going across to Air Canada Rouge but will be flown by C-GHPD almost exclusively?

2 of 3 older B763 are going to Rouge. From reading other forums it seems AC must keep unions happy as the loco has caused lots of problems among the unions and most say thats the reason why its only started with 4 aircraft. They do expect Dublin and Barcelona to follow during the next phase but when that will happen is anyone's guess.

Mlinnie
8th Jan 2013, 15:10
Ryanair not announcing any new routes for the summer ?

Maybe some German or Greek destinations ?

Noxegon
8th Jan 2013, 16:22
My girlfriend was due to fly on United's flight to Newark this morning, which was cancelled due to the aircraft going tech -- apparently some turbulence related issue on the inbound flight. Anyone have any more details than that?

Jamie2k9
9th Jan 2013, 02:05
Iberia Express to almost double capacity on DUB-MAD route from 29 June to 31 July by increasing from 9 weekly to 14 weekly. For the month of August it will operate 10 weekly up from 8 in 2012. Daily for other months.

MAD-DUB
10.00-11.30*
16.10-17.40

DUB-MAD
12.05-15.35*
18.20-21.50

*Operates daily outside of peak season schedule.

Hangar6
9th Jan 2013, 10:41
Targetting all those students coming here maybe,

always struck me as odd how IBERIA and other SPainish carriers let EI and FR fly to so many citIes so often in mainland Spain without competition ,

still it all helps Dublin expand

DubWannabeNerd
9th Jan 2013, 19:14
Evening all. Have been following the site for a while and it's great to be able to embrace my inner nerd but am in the ha'penny place compared to you guys and your knowledge. I just like flying in big shiny planes :)

A question on the EI/AC interline agreeement. I have read previous posts and press releases and it seems as if this will lead to a codeshare. But any idea how long this might take and is it worth waiting for?

I ask as I am planning a trip to YYZ with AC and if there is an option to book it with EI and get points/lounge access then I would be interested and may hold off booking if it were imminent.

Failing that, I will book with AC. From what I have read (particular thanks to Jamie 2K9), the plane will be an old 767 with no individual screens, etc. What are the chances of getting a newer plane or would that only be if there was an issue with old plane?

Please and thanks, and be gentle on a newbie :ok:

blaggerman
9th Jan 2013, 21:07
I ask as I am planning a trip to YYZ with AC and if there is an option to book it with EI and get points/lounge access then I would be interested and may hold off booking if it were imminent. Welcome! Even if EI and AC sign a codeshare agreement, a codeshare does not automatically mean there will be a frequent flyer agreement. For example, I don't think you can yet earn Gold Circle points on EY operated flights.

Jamie2k9
10th Jan 2013, 00:18
If you want the newer AC B763 then depart DUB on a Friday and depart YYZ on a Thursday.

Yesterday Emirates celebrated there first year on DUB-DXB route and carried over 220,000 passengers and over 10,000 tonnes of cargo.

Sober Lark
10th Jan 2013, 06:44
Yesterday Emirates celebrated there first year on DUB-DXB route and carried over 220,000 passengers and over 10,000 tonnes of cargo.

Any idea which airlines / routes lost up to 220k passengers as a result?

Jamie2k9
10th Jan 2013, 12:27
19.1 million up 2% from 18.7 million in 2011.

T1 - 10.3 million
T2 - 8.8 million

€1.5 million being payed for rebate in airport charges to 25 airlines. (Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus Regional, Air Canada, American Airlines, Etihad, Lufthansa, SAS, Turkish Airlines. British Airways and Emirates)

European - 10 million up 2%
UK - 6.9 million down 1%
Transatlantic - 1.6 million up 6%
Africa/Middle East - 480,000 up 84%
Domestic - 64,000 down 64% (PSO ending)

Latest News > Passenger Numbers Up 2% At Dublin Airport in 2012 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-01-10/Passenger_Numbers_Up_2_At_Dublin_Airport_in_2012.aspx)

Any idea which airlines / routes lost up to 220k passengers as a result?

Only reduction in service planed is a daily CDG service for the summer and the above line says major hubs maintained there traffic.

Hangar6
10th Jan 2013, 12:51
Well EK have had a great year

It is true Other carriers have held their own

IMO BA are the big looser and their summer 13 scheulereflects this
down to max 5 flights a day , even last summer they took over BMI at 6 a day, for winter 12 announced 8 a day and that never happened.

EI sufferred too as LHR market is not growing even with BA brief interest.
AF have cut back on flight
TK have increased for S13 , so looks like all in all other than LHR the other routes and hubs, carriers are doing ok.

Possibly some hit on SAS too but maybe other issues there .

EI and ETIHAD link up should help keep some of the traffic off Emirates.
UA and EI is growing , far great transfers to EUR coming now from UA ex USA,

I think BA needs EI now more than ever as they have already re assigned some of their Dublin slots to other routes and EI really can help their LHR hub.

LHR was once the transfer hub of choice for ROI pax and this is now clealry gone to the ME . If BA want those 200,000 pax plus ETIHAD pax back then EI is the only player in town for them and LHR flights have to be made terminate in T5 .

ROI is a tiny market but Emirates and Etihad are sucking in NI pasengers too , away from LHR .

Cargois interesting as again BA via LHR used to be the first choice. SQ no longer do a cargo flight ex Dublin, not sure what impact ME carriers have had on AF cargo service , if any.

Interesting times but growth in DUBLIN is good to see.

T1 v T2 traffic is scewed a bit as EIR are T1 , a lot of flights and pax involved, also EI MAINLINE still have arrivals and departures from T1
I know these are counted as T2 pax but still it does scew any assumptions we may make.

I am surprised at FR as they really are not chasing LONDON traffic ex DUBLIN in the way they used to, STN LTN and LGW are not growing in pax or flights.

Sober Lark
10th Jan 2013, 13:36
Africa/Middle East - 480,000 up 84%

Thanks Jamie2k9, EK at 220,000 that leaves 260,000 for EY and others. EY already stated DUB was in their top 10 routes.

EK fly from regional airports in the UK so the days of those people having to travel to the likes of LHR to catch a flight are reducing and one could argue they probably won't need that extra runway. Perhaps that isn't such a bad thing?

If you travel with EK or EY from OZ, you only two hops and you're home. Who can compete with that?

ROI is a tiny market but Emirates and Etihad are sucking in NI pasengers
too

Looking at Ireland as an island nation its every bit as populous as Singapore. A captive audience that has to fly (but don't tell ahem Ryanair).

DubWannabeNerd
10th Jan 2013, 22:07
Thanks for the info Jamie. Going out on a Friday alright but also coming back on a Friday so will have it one way at least. Cheers. :ok:

chuboy
10th Jan 2013, 23:04
LHR is a hateful place to be. Frankly it is little wonder that the ME carriers are doing so well, not having to transit there works wonders after you have slummed it in an economy class seat for the last 24 hours. As mentioned even UK passengers don't need LHR anymore with EK flying to many regional airports which would be much closer to most people.

The days of BA needing to provide a feeder service to pax transiting in LHR are all but over...

bannercounty
10th Jan 2013, 23:13
You hit the nail on the head there Chuboy. I fly regularly for pleasure and business and the last airport on the planet I will transit through is LHR. Between their extremely slow security lines, lack of courtesy and abysmal eating options it has to rate as the worst on the planet.

Jamie2k9
11th Jan 2013, 02:36
T1 v T2 traffic is scewed a bit as EIR are T1 , a lot of flights and pax involved, also EI MAINLINE still have arrivals and departures from T1
I know these are counted as T2 pax but still it does scew any assumptions we may make.

Aer Lingus Regional passengers are included in T1 total its just the EI flights that operate from Pier B are included in T2.

Just to add a little balance to LHR connections debate, passengers numbers for the first 10 months of 2012 between Dublin and LHR are up 25,220 over 2011.

Sober Lark
11th Jan 2013, 06:31
Just to add a little balance to LHR connections debate, passengers numbers for the first 10 months of 2012 between Dublin and LHR are up 25,220 over

Let's see what happens to those figures when EY increases to a 777 later this year.

Chuboy, you must be pretty roasting down there?

pwalhx
11th Jan 2013, 07:42
Would just like to say I agree with all of you regarding LHR and can't wait now for BALHR to come on and tell us why we are all wrong.

Mlinnie
16th Jan 2013, 14:54
Latest News > Almost 1.3 Million Passengers In December (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-01-14/Almost_1_3_Million_Passengers_In_December.aspx)

Domestic traffic finally had an increase ! :D

Skipness One Echo
16th Jan 2013, 15:18
Let's see what happens to those figures when EY increases to a 777 later this year.
It's just about the size of the aircraft really;)
Ohhhhh that's a BIG one.
Multiple daily EI and BA DUB-LHR = Meh
One daily Emirates B77W = Orgasmtasticmeheadscomingoffjustlookingatit

Spoke via hub to destination, they're both the same business model except one has way more money, newer aircraft, younger cabin crew, better AVOD and shinier Boeings and/or Airbuses. It's that or the Green Mile on Pier 6A at Heathrow (!) EEEK

TRY2FLY
16th Jan 2013, 15:54
http://www.thejournal.ie/aer-lingus-emergency-landing-756450-Jan2013/

Sober Lark
16th Jan 2013, 21:13
Skipness One Echo, its really down to how well LHR measures up to customer experience expectations. Bet, it isn't the green mile that is turning them off.

fjencl
17th Jan 2013, 12:03
I noticed that Air Contractors are looking for cabin crew to operate on there 737-300 this summer and wondered if anybody knows what holiday company they are providing the flights for and what will the destinations be to.........thanks

Mlinnie
17th Jan 2013, 15:15
I think Air Contractors operate on behalf of Sunway an fly to Dubrovnik, Zakynthos, Naples, Lanzarote, Dalaman, Heraklion and Palma.

Latest News > British Airways Expands Frequency on Dublin-Heathrow Route (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-01-17/British_Airways_Expands_Frequency_on_Dublin-Heathrow_Route.aspx)

Jamie2k9
17th Jan 2013, 17:18
I noticed that Air Contractors are looking for cabin crew to operate on there 737-300 this summer and wondered if anybody knows what holiday company they are providing the flights for and what will the destinations be to.........thanks

2013 routes:
Dalaman (1)
Palma (2)
Zante (2)
Lanzarote (2)
Naples (1)
Heraklion (operates DUB-HER-ORK-HER-DUB)

Largely operate for Thomas Cook and Thomson/Falcon.

EI-BUD
19th Jan 2013, 20:29
2 flights due into Dublin tonight from Exeter, anybody know what they are for?

EI-BUD

Airbus321-200
19th Jan 2013, 20:52
The Rugby was on in Exeter.

barossavalley
22nd Jan 2013, 10:11
Eithad has confirmed that much leaked 34pc capacity increase from July 2, 412 seat (28-384) B777-300ER on 6 morning flights EY42, 262 seat (22-240) A330-200 remains on 4 evening flights EY48
http://www.etihadmediacentre.com/file.php?f_ID=3941

Bartek
22nd Jan 2013, 12:14
Any indication of what EY intend to do with the aircraft that has been freed up by this move? I gather there was some previous speculation they might be considering new routes to Belfast or Edinburgh?

dublinaviator
22nd Jan 2013, 12:44
There's no way Etihad will start flying to Belfast. Aside from the poor facilities in BFS, it'll just dilute their yields and reduce loads through DUB which they won't want.

And lets face it, much of Etihads and Emirates success in DUB can be attributed to record high emigration levels in the Republic, which they'd struggle to replicate in BFS. Plus, most of the North are within a 2hr drive of DUB. So there's nothing really to gain from an additional Irish service through BFS.

Flitefone
22nd Jan 2013, 13:17
Growth in Dublin to the Gulf is great to see. It is also likey that at least one of the MEB3 carriers (probably EK) will announce Belfast as a destination within 18 months. The EK CEO announced some time ago that EK is looking further west in the UK.

As a destination Belfast generates more than 6m passengers per year. It is already on the Emirates radar.

The MEB3 will be chasing the transfer traffic that currently transits LHR and AMS in particular, and don't forget that Emirates competes with Etihad and Qatar Airways. Adding BFS will steal some traffic from EY in Dublin.

But the long haul trend from Ireland as a whole is certainly upwards, to the detrement of hubs in Europe.

FF

Mlinnie
22nd Jan 2013, 15:00
Latest News > Etihad Airways To Increase Capacity On Dublin Flights (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-01-22/Etihad_Airways_To_Increase_Capacity_On_Dublin_Flights.aspx)

I know it's old news but do you think the 777 will continue into the winter schedule ?

Skipness One Echo
22nd Jan 2013, 15:09
The MEB3wil l be after the transfer traffic that currently transits LHR and AMS in particular
Not sure given KLM don't serve BFS-AMS or Air France to CDG, or Lufthansa to FRA, there's a whole lot to mop up to be frank. (not fairdealfrank clearly)
BFS is becoming to DUB what BHX is to LHR, it's just easier to hub there.

Mlinnie
23rd Jan 2013, 16:18
I wish them the best Of luck :ok:

Routes News - CityJet to launch Dublin (http://www.routes-news.com/item/937-cityjet-to-launch-dublin–brest-route)

Must be replacing Pau ?

Jamie2k9
30th Jan 2013, 10:38
Swiss increase capacity to Zurich between 6 July and 24 August. Service increases from 7 to 9 weekly. Daily A321 remains all summer (A320 some of last summer) and extra flights operated by A320 on Sat and Sun afternoons.

Blue1 from 1 April will operate the morning CPH flight for SAS using B717.

Jamie2k9
12th Feb 2013, 11:38
Passengers numbers for Jan up 2% to almost 1.2 million.

Europe 557,000 up 3%
UK 460,000 down 3%
Transatlantic 90,000 up 12%
Africa/Middle East 47,000 up 50%
Domestic 3,900 up 9%

Latest News > Almost 1.2 Million Passengers Travel Through Dublin Airport In January (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-02-12/Almost_1_2_Million_Passengers_Travel_Through_Dublin_Airport_ In_January.aspx)

dublinaviator
21st Feb 2013, 20:10
Some interesting analysis on how the American-US merger will effect Dublin:

American-US Airways merger: the competitive impact on European carriers | CAPA - Centre for Aviation (http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/american-us-airways-merger-the-competitive-impact-on-european-carriers-98405)

Jamie2k9
21st Feb 2013, 20:47
Bucharest dropped from 30 April.
Warsaw reduced from 7 to 4 weekly from 31 March.
Milan MXP reduced 6 weekly until 30 April, 5 weekly from 1 May.

Faro increases from 14 to 15 weekly from 1 May and to 16 weekly from 16 September.
Malaga increases from 14 to 15 weekly from 1 August.
Tenerife increases from 2 to 3 weekly 4 May-16 September (remains 3 other months)
Lanzarote increases from 4 to 6 weekly from 31 March.
Verona increases from 2 to 3 weekly from 31 March.
Palma increases from 4 to 5 weekly from 1 May-31 July.

Mlinnie
22nd Feb 2013, 15:12
Shame regarding Bucharest. But 2 airlines serving Bucharest from Dublin seemed too much and EI's timings werent great. Will Blue Air increase the frequency as a result of this ?

Hangar6
22nd Feb 2013, 15:37
Looks like potential risk of Oberst demise has allowed increased bucket and spade capacity ?

CCR
22nd Feb 2013, 17:23
Would they not try Sofia again? No carrier on this route. Ski destination in the winter and summer destination too. Plenty of Irish owning apartments out there!!

mutt
23rd Feb 2013, 15:58
I just bought tickets from Dublin to Asia, EK was the cheapest at 532 Euros, followed by EY who were about 30 Euro more, but the closest European airline was close to 1000 Euro with connections in London or Amsterdam.

Its also worth noting that the both EK and EY offer 30 kgs baggage allowances, which is worth 150 Euros compared to flying on EI.

EI will have to up their game if they want to compete :)

Mutt

Noxegon
23rd Feb 2013, 16:46
Shame regarding Bucharest. But 2 airlines serving Bucharest from Dublin seemed too much and EI's timings werent great. Will Blue Air increase the frequency as a result of this ?

Just looked at Blue Air's timings... they're hardly much better. An overnight flight from DUB-OTP? No thanks...

Jamie2k9
23rd Feb 2013, 17:07
From 12 June Ryanair will resume a 3 weekly service to Bologna. Round 2 against Aer Lingus...

DollarBill
23rd Feb 2013, 17:17
Mutt said: "I just bought tickets from Dublin to Asia, EK was the cheapest at 532 Euros, followed by EY who were about 30 Euro more.....................Its also worth noting that the both EK and EY offer 30 kgs baggage allowances, which is worth 150 Euros compared to flying on EI.

EI will have to up their game if they want to compete"

I must have missed the memo where it was announced that EI were now competing with EY and EK to offer flights from DUB to Asia..........

mutt
23rd Feb 2013, 17:37
I guess that you did miss the memo, using a flight search engine, Aer Lingus show up in 6 of the top 10 options for flights from Dublin to my asian destination :).

Mutt

Aerlingus231
23rd Feb 2013, 17:39
That'd be their Etihad codeshare, that's not EIN themselves...

Cian
23rd Feb 2013, 17:40
I guess that you did miss the memo, using a flight search engine, Aer Lingus show up in 6 of the top 10 options for flights from Dublin to my asian destination .

EK metal. EI don't operate any flights to Asia themselves.

mutt
23rd Feb 2013, 17:47
Nothing to do with Etihad, these flights are to London or Amsterdam connecting with Malaysian or KLM.

Mutt

Cian
23rd Feb 2013, 17:58
Nothing to do with Etihad, these flights are to London or Amsterdam connecting with Malaysian or KLM.

EI don't sell tickets through on Malaysian or KLM although they do interline and KLM sell tickets through. What you're finding is fares from travel agents/resellers or from KLM. Not EI.

The only tickets EI themselves sell to Asia are on EK metal.

mutt
23rd Feb 2013, 18:38
Cian, what difference does that make? I will still be sitting in an EI aircraft for which they will charge, so does it matter if i purchase the ticket directly from them or through a web travel agent?

What does annoy me is that in the last 30 minutes or so, I tried making bookings through these agents, of the 3 that i picked, none of them charged me for baggage, nor gave me the opportunity to increase the baggage allowance. So I would expect to get charged as i tried to check in. Would you consider this acceptable or unfair?

As this thread is about Dublin airport rather than EI, I'm just giving my reasons why I attempt to pick ANY other airline before EI.

Mutt

Cian
23rd Feb 2013, 19:18
Cian, what difference does that make? I will still be sitting in an EI aircraft for which they will charge, so does it matter if i purchase the ticket directly from them or through a web travel agent?

When you're blaming EI for the price, its a fairly critical difference. EI aren't selling the tickets or setting the price you're paying for them, hence they're not the ones who need to "compete". Ditto the baggage situation.

The only tickets EI sell to Asia are via DXB on EK.

mutt
24th Feb 2013, 04:36
EI aren't selling the tickets or setting the price you're paying for them, hence they're not the ones who need to "compete" I find this very strange and unique, so you are basically saying that EI accept whatever amount of money that KL or MH decide to give them? And that any web based travel agent can sell tickets for whatever amount they desire?

Strangely enough, that isn't the way it works! EI may have pulled themselves off reservation systems such as Amadeus, but they are still the only people that can set fares for their seats! And if KL or MH are selling seats on EI aircraft, then these are at fares set by EI.

With the increased capacity offered by EK/EY from Dublin, where are the passengers coming from? Are they a newly created market or are they people who would have used EI to travel to a connection airport in the UK or Europe? If its the latter, than any increased in capacity offered by EK/EY will have a detrimental affect on EI.

Mutt

dubh12000
24th Feb 2013, 06:53
EI don't sell tickets through on Malaysian or KLM although they do interline and KLM sell tickets through. What you're finding is fares from travel agents/resellers or from KLM. Not EI.

The only tickets EI themselves sell to Asia are on EK metal.

EY metal surely?

Cian
24th Feb 2013, 13:53
I find this very strange and unique, so you are basically saying that EI accept whatever amount of money that KL or MH decide to give them? And that any web based travel agent can sell tickets for whatever amount they desire?

The web based travel agents can put as much profit on as they want. They're not selling tickets as agents of the airline like the old days but as resellers.

Strangely enough, that isn't the way it works! EI may have pulled themselves off reservation systems such as Amadeus, but they are still the only people that can set fares for their seats! And if KL or MH are selling seats on EI aircraft, then these are at fares set by EI.

Also, you are getting end to end fares that involve another airline, with the bulk of the distance on the other airline - so the biggest element of the fare is down to that airline.

And yet you still continue to blame EI for fares on seats that it's not selling.

bravoromeosierra
24th Feb 2013, 17:25
I've paid KLM £268 (error fare maybe?) to go DUB-AMS-YUL-YYZ/BOS-LHR.

Somehow Aer Lingus, KLM, WestJet and Delta all have to take a share. Can anyone guess how much EI gets? Just to roll the conversation along.

Hangar6
24th Feb 2013, 18:11
Share we'd be their per cent of the total pooled mileage assume you did Lon Dub so maybe 20 quid !!! But there is a wee revenue lassie in accounts who will re invoice the correct fare if KL made error and it has to be an error ?

This whole code sharing partners etc only makes sees if EI get a USA URL leg or a flat rate sector fee that's why EI have no interest in any alliance with one of the mega groupings they pick and choose and make unique deals ,

EI-A330-300
27th Feb 2013, 17:43
Ryanair will resume a 3 weekly service Bremen from September.

Dee747
4th Mar 2013, 12:00
I'm due to fly DUB-ORD in April on an AA 767. Their website implies power sockets are available on the aircraft at selected seat points (even in punter class where I'll be).

Can anyone who has travelled this route recently confirm if this is the case, and if so, what type of lead connection is required - USB, car 12V, US mains? It's to power a Samsung SII smartphone so that I can listen to my music collection.

Many thanks
Dee747

Sober Lark
5th Mar 2013, 14:32
Just heard Etihad have carried their millionth passenger on their Dublin route.

Mlinnie
5th Mar 2013, 15:19
Should we expect the 777 to remain year round on the Abu Dhabi route ?

Minoan Air launched today any idea on the loads ?
AA reducing DUB-JFK to 4 weekly from start of winter schedule

Jamie2k9
6th Mar 2013, 23:45
DAA have unveiled plans for a major business park beside terminal 2 and hopes that cargo for the US will be allowed be cleared in DUB as passengers are in the future.

Business park set for take-off at Dublin Airport - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 06, 2013 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0306/1224330820019.html#.UTb_c6WOG-E.twitter)

EI-A330-300
7th Mar 2013, 08:44
anyone know whats after happening a cargo plane in the last hour. Main runway closed with limited flights operating on 16 due to poor visablity. No injuries confirmed by daa.

Just a spotter
7th Mar 2013, 08:45
News services reporting a disruption today (7th March) due to a cargo aircraft disabled in the runway following nose wheel collapse.

Damaged aircraft closes Dublin airport runway - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0307/374557-dublin-airport/)

Thankfully no injuries.

Looks like a Jetstream from the picture

Edit: Now reported to be a Metroliner.

JAS

Jamie2k9
7th Mar 2013, 15:05
Over 1.1 million passengers in Feb, level on 2012 but if Leap day not included up 3% over 2012.

Europe 540,000 up1%
UK 510,000 down 2%
North American 76,000 up 2%
Middle East/Africa 37,00 up 11%
Domestic 4,500 down 13%

Year to date over 2.3 million up 1%

Latest News > More Than 1.1M Passengers Used Dublin Airport in February (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-03-07/More_Than_1_1M_Passengers_Used_Dublin_Airport_in_February.as px)

Ryanair's Biggest Ever St Patrick's Day Schedule (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-biggest-ever-st-patrick-s-day-schedule)

EI-A330-300
9th Mar 2013, 20:20
Is there any reasons why Monarch flights tomorrow are showing as operating from Terminal 2. If they do then they will be the first non regular carrier to operate from T2. I know the flight information system has some tech issues so it could be it.

Hangar6
9th Mar 2013, 20:27
T1 for sure Daa web info for public never ever reliable recarr/dep times airlines or terminals or even dates suspect a non aviation enthusiast is in charge of it!!! A rite mess since the mice escaped from Bin Air

Jamie2k9
10th Mar 2013, 00:54
They will be in T1, some problems with the website earlier.

EI-A330-300
12th Mar 2013, 15:20
Latest News > Dublin Airport Grows Northern Ireland Business by 15% in 2012 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-03-12/Dublin_Airport_Grows_Northern_Ireland_Business_by_15_in_2012 .aspx)

dublinaviator
12th Mar 2013, 18:48
Latest News > Dublin Airport Grows Northern Ireland Business by 15% in 2012 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-03-12/Dublin_Airport_Grows_Northern_Ireland_Business_by_15_in_2012 .aspx)

And Sinn Féin's response:

The Sunday Business Post - Call for improved cross-border aviation competition (http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/Call+for+improved+cross-border+aviation+competition/id/19410615-5218-513e-0ae8-c2e1c6380656)

Can't see how removing APD in BFS would do anything to improve competition with DUB, nor how increased competition from BFS would do anything towards developing DUB as a major European hub (which is to the benefit of all the people of Ireland).

EI-BUD
12th Mar 2013, 22:49
Interesting what was discussed on RTE Radio 1, they siad the reason for this scale of traffic through Dublin was the sheer range of destinations that were not available from Belfast, but were from Dublin. They also commented that quite a volume of the passengers from the North were flying Dublin/Heathrow.

However, what would be useful to know how does this compare to previous years? Reason being that the amount of people in Ulster who live equidistant from Dublin and Belfast airports, e.g. Donegal, Fermanagh, Armagh, South Down etc. Dublin is equally suitable alternative.

EI -BUD

ayroplain
15th Mar 2013, 01:56
Has BA been run out of Pier B at DUB? I've had a fair few flights LHR-DUB recently and these were into and out of that awful Pier A. This morning I noticed EI, Delta and United on Pier B while two BA were stuck at Pier A.

Stevek
15th Mar 2013, 02:23
Renovations are currently taking place at the normal BA gate. Most of their flights are using B still. Was it an early morning flight you seen?

EI-A330-300
15th Mar 2013, 03:48
Yes two gates closed at the minute for the works, the only reason DL and UA were their this morning was because they were arriving in 1 hour earlier than scheduled at 05.50 and 06.00 with the clocks changing soon and nothing had departed Pier E.

ayroplain
15th Mar 2013, 12:53
Thanks, lads. Good to hear that this is only temporary and, yes, my experiences were early morning and late evening.

EI-A330-300
18th Mar 2013, 15:47
Just had a quick look at FR flights from DUB for the peak months of June-August and they have added some extras, mainly 1 or 2 extra weekly except Brussels which doubles.

Alicante, Brussels, Fuerteventura, Girona, Lanzarote, Malaga, Madrid, Milan, Murcia, Paris, Pisa, Porto, Rome, Tenerife.

Jamie2k9
18th Mar 2013, 21:33
Tarom Romanian will start Dublin to Bucharest from 1 May replacing Aer Lingus and not leaving the route to Blue Air.

OTP-DUB
21.30-23.30
DUB-OTP
00.20-06.05

Operates Mon, Wed, Fri

Jamie2k9
20th Mar 2013, 18:39
US Airways route to CLT will operate for an extra month. Flights scheduled until 6 October.

Sober Lark
21st Mar 2013, 12:51
Trying out US pre-clearance at DUB and trying to figure out what time I'd need to check in at without hanging around at the gate for hours.

DL177 DUB-ATL -SJO. Dep Dublin Tu 07:40. Says check in 3 hours in advance but with fast track can I cut it finer?

EI-A330-300
21st Mar 2013, 12:56
I would be going through USPC between 06.15-06.30. 45 minutes is the latest before flights. I would arrive at 05.40 for the flight. There can be long queues at check-in so I think 2 hours is enough.

Sober Lark
21st Mar 2013, 15:02
Thanks 330, that's exactly the level of information I was looking for. :)

EI-A330-300
25th Mar 2013, 19:09
Latest News > DAA Invests (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-03-25/DAA_Invests_%E2%82%AC1M_To_Improve_Boarding_Gates.aspx)

DAA is investing more than €1 million in a major refurbishment of one of the oldest elements of Dublin Airport, the 300 boarding gate area, which is located in the area formerly known as Pier B.
The construction programme is a value for money solution aimed at radically improving the passenger experience in the area and will include the provision of new state-of-the-art ceiling and wall finishes, a new floor, new passenger seating areas and improved lighting throughout the area.
The construction project, which is being carried out on a phased basis by Flynn Management & Contractors, started recently, and is due to be completed before the busy summer peak at Dublin Airport.
“Passengers will see a huge difference when this work is complete, as it will bring the 300 gates up to the standard of the other boarding gate areas at Dublin Airport,” said Dublin Airport spokeswoman Siobhan Moore. “The 300 gates have given more than five decades of service to the travelling public, and require a significant upgrade to transform them into a bright modern departures area for our customers.”
The 300 gates, which are accessed by passengers checking-in in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, are airbridge served boarding gates that were originally built as part of the Terminal 1 construction programme in the early 1970s.
The gates are used by passengers travelling with airlines such as Aer Lingus, British Airways, Lufthansa, Air Canada and Turkish Airlines and are capable of accommodating both wide-bodied long-haul aircraft and short-haul aircraft. During the 1970s 80s and 90s the 300 Gates were the main transatlantic departure point at Dublin Airport.
The original Pier B facility pre-dates the opening of Terminal 1, as the boarding gate area opened in May 1971 and Terminal 1 was opened a full year later in May 1972. Originally, the Pier B gates were accessed from the 1940s terminal building at Dublin Airport.
The decagon shaped boarding gate area was constructed from glass, steel and concrete and became a classic symbol of Dublin Airport in the 1970s and 80s. It was built by John Sisk & Son, which also constructed Terminal 1 at Dublin Airport.

Jack1985
27th Mar 2013, 12:49
Some positive numbers from Dublin. Visitors for 3 months to end Feb13 up by 2.6%. North America +9.9%, Europe +5.7%, Others +15.3%.

Jamie2k9
28th Mar 2013, 15:54
Charters:
Albastar will replace Iberworld flights to Reus
Fridays
REU-DUB 09.00-10.25 and 15.50-17.15
DUB-REU 11.25-14.50 and 18.15-21.40

Aer Europa will replace 1 of Iberworld flights to Tenerife
Fridays
TFS-DUB 20.10-00.25
DUB-TFS 01.25-06.00

Still 7 weekly flights waiting a replacement.

Aer Lingus:

Verona increase from 2 to 3 weekly for the summer.

June - Rome increases to 12 weekly with 3 daily flights on Sunday and Malaga increases to 15 weekly with 3 daily flights on Sunday. Rome flight replaces Warsaw and Malaga replaces Budapest flights on Sundays. Both down to 3 weekly for the month, were daily last June.

July - Extra weekly Rome flights stays but moves to Monday replacing Warsaw on Monday.

A sixth weekly flight to Palma added for the month on Saturday evenings.

From 31 March all DUB-BOS flights and the 15.45 flight to ORD will not clear in DUB.

Now I can see why the 11.30 to BOS doesn't clear because there isn't enough gates but there is no reason why the 15.45 to ORD can't because USPC is open and the same for the 14.00 to BOS.

ayroplain
29th Mar 2013, 13:34
Now I can see why the 11.30 to BOS doesn't clear because there isn't enough gates but there is no reason why the 15.45 to ORD can't because USPC is open and the same for the 14.00 to BOS.
So, the same problem will apply if and when better times arrive and more T/A is required. Looks like those who said that T2 was built in the wrong place and, therefore, too small were right. Presumably this situation is also detrimental to the EI/EIR clear-at-DUB-from-the-UK operation.

EISNN
29th Mar 2013, 14:03
Bit shambolic if USA bound flights are not going to clear because of no gates. Are airlines charged extra for using Pre-Clearance? And yes indeed it is going to impact the selling of seats to UK/European customers. I've seen downstairs in the US pre-clearance and it's small ...... and very slow. Not as fast as it is made out to be. The inside of the entire terminal is very poorly laid out and planned.

EI-A330-300
29th Mar 2013, 14:17
Further.gates can be closed off in sets of 2 or 3. Im not sure if.USPC can handle the extra passengers without expanding which they can. Staffing is another not enough staff. As said on another fourm passengers shoild.pay a.euro.or two more and/or the DAA should pay some staff with the US. Time for EI to put pressure on DAA and DAA work something out with the US Gov for staffing.

Cyrano
29th Mar 2013, 20:02
Further.gates can be closed off in sets of 2 or 3. Im not sure if.USPC can handle the extra passengers without expanding which they can. Staffing is another not enough staff. As said on another fourm passengers shoild.pay a.euro.or two more and/or the DAA should pay some staff with the US. Time for EI to put pressure on DAA and DAA work something out with the US Gov for staffing.

You'll see from page 11 of this Dublin Airport charges document (http://www.dublinairport.com/Libraries/Airport_Charges/20130312_Misc_word_Changes_2.sflb.ashx) that DAA already charge airlines €7.50 for every passenger using pre-clearance. Given the revenue loss to the DAA, therefore, I would imagine they would rectify this situation if they knew how.

EI-A330-300
29th Mar 2013, 21:43
That 7.50 largely goes to the US for providing it. Simple solution is increase the charge or the DAA pay for lets say 3 or 4 staffs wages to staff it. One thing I do know is Aer Lingus managment are not happy and they pay high charges already. The DAA are making 30 million a year. Paying 200,000 or less for extra staff wont break the bank.

It will take Aer Lingus to stop using USPC before its sorted out.

Jamie2k9
30th Mar 2013, 22:54
From 29 April Aer Lingus will increase DUB-LGW from 6 to 7 daily Sundays to Fridays. Saturday remains 6 daily. The extra Sunday flight will not operate between 23 July and 22 September. BHD-LGW rotation being cancelled.

Hangar6
31st Mar 2013, 12:04
See three charters to Las Vegas tomorrow for Googlers , what recession?
EI see more money in Dub LGw than BElfast ? Mmm the gathering maybe boosting demand
UA no Washington today ?
BA schedule cut back to 4/5 rotations for just one month odd to Reduce schedule like this even for a temp period anyone know why?

Airport is very busy today and tomorrow so odd to see some cutbacks

dublinaviator
31st Mar 2013, 13:44
See three charters to Las Vegas tomorrow for Googlers , what recession?

As happens in every recession, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...

EI-A330-300
31st Mar 2013, 13:58
Two of the LAS are show as from T2 while the other is T1.

United IAD service isn't daily until lather, remains 5 and 6 weekly until a few weeks time before it goes daily for the main summer.

Todays first Aer Lingus flight to CFU didn't get to Corfu, diverted to ATH and return service cancelled.

Hangar6
31st Mar 2013, 14:11
Yes T2 too busy for first one to LAS I am told
Odd T2 being busy yet at half capacity overall I believe it's a CBP issue as well as stand availability

Washington normally goes sun mon , as well as three other days but not this weekend ,

Good to see ATL back daily from today and AA due in two weeks so overall a use start to the summer

EI-A330-300
31st Mar 2013, 15:25
Washington normally goes sun mon , as well as three other days but not this weekend ,

Good to see ATL back daily from today and AA due in two weeks so overall a use start to the summer

IAD may of had operational dau change with the summer schedule starting today and AA resume from DUB on Wednesday.

lfc84
1st Apr 2013, 12:49
Took over an hour to pass through security yesterday in T1 :ugh:

Check in closes 45 mins before departure. Gate closes 25 mins before departure. Absolutely impossible to get to the gate on time.

Returned to the ticket desk in T1 and Aer Lingus changed the flight free of charge. Had to pay for hotel overnight and food.

Security queues were unreal. Staff told us it will take 20 minutes...Very very wrong !

EI-A330-300
1st Apr 2013, 13:47
DAA say all pax should arrive at least 90 minutes before flights reguaedless of online check in and only carrying hand baggage. Security times not acceptable but did u cut it tight to

Noxegon
1st Apr 2013, 14:53
DAA now sell passes for skipping security queue. Would it be awfully cynical to suggest that there's no longer any incentive to keep security moving efficiently?

lfc84
1st Apr 2013, 14:59
@EI-A330-300

I'll explain properly....

We checked in at 15:10 in Area 7. STD was 16:45.

We immediately proceeded to security and it took 30 minutes to get through the barrier that scans the boarding pass.

Once through the barrier we asked staff how much longer we would be. We were told 20 minutes. Had that been the case we would have made it to the gate but we were inaccurately informed. Anyone working there or using the airport on a regular basis would have known it would take more than 20 minutes from the barrier that scans the boarding pass to the x-ray machines.

Once xrayed we ran to the gate and got there too late.

The queue in the security search area splits twice so it is possible to be overtaken by those who have checked in after you. Aer Lingus ticket desk checked our explanation with DAA and agreed about the queue delays. Thats why they moved the ticket free of charge.

Once you get into the queue there is no one to help people who need to move faster. Some people did seek help and were told to get back in line. We did seek help and were told 20 minutes but that wasnt accurate.

The airline policy states check in closes at T-45 however it is impossible to reach the gate if you choose to check in at the deadline.

lfc84
1st Apr 2013, 15:02
@Noxegon

I had a look at the fast track line this morning in T1, I didnt see any signs or machines indicating you could buy access.

I'm back in DUB in a few weeks for my 3rd ever departure through the airport, can you advise how to purchase fast track access in case its needed.

Yesterday and today only 5 out of 13 xray machines & arches were open.

I've complained to DAA about the situation.

Thanks

Shanwickman
1st Apr 2013, 15:07
On Dublinairport.com click on airport genie and select fast track.
It costs €4.95 and you get a free coffee.

lfc84
1st Apr 2013, 15:13
@Shanwickman - Thankyou, that's useful to know. Can you buy it in the airport?

EI-A330-300
2nd Apr 2013, 13:18
Rumours around the airport say that DUB-SFO with EI may start as soon as October/November.....

lfc84 that service level isn't acceptable.

EI-A330-300
2nd Apr 2013, 13:59
Well the rumours have being dismissed and it won't be know today.

Aer Lingus dismisses rumours of San Francisco direct flights as just speculation - Ireland’s business and technology news service – Siliconrepublic.com (http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/32106-aer-lingus-dismisses-rumour)

Aerlingus231
2nd Apr 2013, 14:05
Well the rumours have being dismissed and it won't be know today.

This video, 10 seond clip from 6:50-7:00 LOL... :O

Yes, (Prime) Minister- Christmas Special- Part 2 - YouTube

Given that they need to bargain for things they'll have to deny they're going to start a route until they've been offered a nice enough deal.

Jamie2k9
4th Apr 2013, 14:59
Aer Lingus:
Tenth weekly to LIS added from 4 July to 25 August up from 8 in 2012.

Air Moldova
Flights will now operate once weekly and be direct instead of going via London twice weekly.

US Airways
PHL reduces to 6 weekly from 16 October, capacity still up of last year with B767 operation instead of B757.

Delta
ATL reduces to 5 weekly from 6 September, showing as daily for winter but expect the usual 5 weekly will operate.

JFK showing as B767 for winter season only changed recently

Tunisair flights to Enfidha that were due to resume on 23 March have being cancelled until 1 June, flights will also move back to Monastir.

Almost 1.6 million passengers in March up 8%

Europe - 780,000 up 14%
UK - 599,000 no change
Transatlantic - 120,000 up 8%
Middle East/Africa - 45,000 up 16%
Domestic - 4,500 up 4%

Year to date 3.9 million up 4%

Latest News > Almost 1.6M Passengers Used Dublin Airport in March (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-04-04/Almost_1_6M_Passengers_Used_Dublin_Airport_in_March.aspx)

left290
6th Apr 2013, 22:16
Hi, just wondering who handles Emirates. I need to contact them as my son left his iPod on board the inbound today.

Thanks in advance!

EI-A330-300
6th Apr 2013, 23:31
Serviceair handle EK

left290
7th Apr 2013, 03:40
Thanks for that!

Sober Lark
8th Apr 2013, 19:08
Dubai: Etihad Airways said on Monday it has received regulatory approval for its codeshare deal with Irish carrier Aer Lingus to offer codeshare flights via Irish capital, Dublin, to the US.
The approval from the United States (US) Department of Transportation enables Etihad Airways to put its ‘EY’ flight code on Aer Lingus’ transatlantic services out of Dublin, Ireland, the Abu Dhabi-based carrier said in a statement.

As a part of the deal, effective Monday (April 8, 2013) Etihad Airways, which holds a 2.987 per cent equity stake in Aer Lingus, said, it will offer 10 weekly codeshare flights via Dublin to Boston, eight to Chicago, 12 to New York.

The US regulatory approval follows last July’s announcement of an interline and codeshare agreement between the two national carriers.

Jamie2k9
11th Apr 2013, 12:17
Avion Express will be replacing most of the remaining Thomas Cook flights for the summer. Reus, Tenerife, Faro, Gran Canaria, Ibiza and Lanzarote. Albastar will operate Palma.

Air Dolomiti will also operate flights to Verona.

Etihad Airways and Aer Lingus codeshare gets nod | GulfNews.com (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/etihad-airways-and-aer-lingus-codeshare-gets-nod-1.1167996)

“The question, however, is for how long? Ireland has been debating the application from Emirates for sixth freedom flights (ie, Emirates flights that go Dubai-Dublin-NYC) for some time. To date, it has refused them but this would seem to indicate that it will now be forced to concede them.”...

EI-A330-300
11th Apr 2013, 13:18
If they were granted wonder would they pick DUB over MXP? It would be the sixth or seventh daily flight to JFK depending on time of year.

Mlinnie
11th Apr 2013, 16:10
Latest News > 700,000 Extra Seats To And From Dublin Airport This Summer (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/13-04-11/700_000_Extra_Seats_To_And_From_Dublin_Airport_This_Summer.a spx)

Cyrano
11th Apr 2013, 16:22
Quote:

“The question, however, is for how long? Ireland has been debating the application from Emirates for sixth freedom flights (ie, Emirates flights that go Dubai-Dublin-NYC) for some time. To date, it has refused them but this would seem to indicate that it will now be forced to concede them.”...

It's not clear to me why "it may be forced to concede them". Granting codeshares is completely different to getting fifth-freedom (not sixth freedom) rights under a bilateral.

Hangar6
11th Apr 2013, 22:28
Slightly off topic but see IAA website 24,real decent careers available !

Locker10a
11th Apr 2013, 22:51
Who are Jetstar Airways???

WHBM
14th Apr 2013, 11:30
Came through Dublin Terminal 1 on Friday 12 April. 70 minutes to get through security, which is one of my worst around the world for a long, long time. Three separate queueing areas to pass through sequentially, the first being a 20-minute queue to even get up to the entrance barriers. Several pax probably missed flights.

Plenty of investment in new entrance barriers, large number of security stations, miles of tensa barriers, etc. Shame nothing then left from the budget to man the security stations, more than 50% of which were unstaffed. Although one does wonder if all the extra personnel deployed to marshal all this queueing were used to staff these security stations instead, the queueing would be way reduced.